Windows Support Forum

Graphics card compatible with this board?

Q: Graphics card compatible with this board?

i was wondering if HIS H675FS1G Radeon HD 6750 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card would work on a MSI G31TM-P21 LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard.

Card # at Newegg=N82E16814161395"]

Board#at Newegg= N82E16813130234

o wait the card is ddr3 , does that mean it won't work?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Graphics card compatible with this board?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Graphics card compatible with this board?

Sure, the card will work fine. The graphics card memory is independent from the memory type of the motherboard.
Relevancy 74.82%

I now use 98SE and want to upgrade to XP Pro. I prefer to not format and reload my 160 GB drive, but I can.

The XP system analyzer says my video card is not compatible with my system board. Here are the specs for both:

VGA: XFX GeForce FX 5200 AGP8 with 256 DDR memory. AGP slot set to 8x.

SBoard: Chaintech CT-7NJL6. 1024 MB RAM installed. Bus at 166 MHz. Board is not overclocked.

WD 160 GB drive partitioned into 2 80 GB drives
Linksys 10/100 Ethernet adapter
Adaptech SCSI PCI adapter for my HP scanner.
HP DJ690 printer
MAG DX771fs 17" CRT.

Chaintech sells a clone of the XFX card and I find it hard to believe their card would not work with their system board!

What do I need to tweak?

Relevancy 73.1%

Hey everyone How r u all Nice to meet u all well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card I tried in bios but in the display part there are only options is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through device manager laptop model lenovo ideapad z graphics card Nvidia geforce gt Solved: On board Detected Graphics card Graphics not m and one more thing In one of the game I checked PES it shows as its using onboard graphics and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card the laptops hardware doesnt support it one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics and I couldnt change Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card it Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager thanks nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

What I really want to know is how to disable my Radeon HD 4350 graphics card, so that I can swap to Intel HD on-board graphics.

This is so I can compare the two on their Windows Experience Index.

Relevancy 71.38%

My Nvidia graphics card has a small cooling fan that is not always working right and I want to uninstall that card and use the
onboard graphics that was installed when i first got the desktop. Will the onboard graphics take the place of the uninstalled card or will I have to reinstall the graphic desktop before I unstalled the bad graphics card.

Relevancy 69.66%

My computer has been acting ? New card m'board/graphics up for months It was a weird problem The first power-on resulted in the fans spinning up etc and then nothing Using the reset New m'board/graphics card ? button had no effect Holding the start button for a few seconds would shut down the computer then starting it again worked perfectly ran for hours with no problems I had New m'board/graphics card ? all the latest updates to drivers O S etc but nothing I got sick of this and updated the bios but that made no difference The hard disk is fine and works perfectly showing no errors when installed in a different computer Now the computer has completely died No boot no P O S T messags etc The power and the fans come on but no sign of any other activity I m thinking the motherboard or the graphics card are Kaput Any suggestions The mobo is Asus P N SLI-E graphics card is Mb Leadtek GTS processor Q Gb ram which I ve tested by removing and swapping into different slots etc I cant find either mobo or graphics cards for sale in UK all out of stock which usually means outdated Any suggestions as to what I can replace them with Btw O S Vista Home Premium Sorry for the long post nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Dell GX270
500w Power Supply
2.4 GHZ Pentium 4
2048MB RAM

I recently installed a third party video card, so I can function with a dual monitor landscape deal. However, my on board video card is not detected. I tried downloading drivers from intel and dell. All say files are corrupt or missing. I can easily splurge the 4 bucks for a dvi/vga adapter, however I'd rather just stick with what I got. The back of my PC looks like a Fire Marshall's worst nightmare. The neighboorhood would probably be evacuated. Anyways, suggestions? Quick fixes (other than a hard adapter)?

A:On Board Graphics Card Not Detected!!!

It is probably disabled it the BIOS.

The BIOS may be auto configured depending on which video adapter has the screen cable plugged into to.

See if you can enable it in the BIOS.
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Compaq Presario with a ECS Alhena5 1.0 board. What is a good graphics card that can be used with that? I have windows 7 64 bit on it. I have an ATI Radeon 1100 series graphics card now. It's probably the original that came in it. I would like to install the windows 10 software when it comes available. I got a message that this graphics card is not compatible with 10.
Thanks in advance.

A:Graphics card for mother board

What is the exact model of the Compaq you have? The power supply will likely be a small 250 or 300 watt unit that will limit a graphics card upgrade. Regardless this system should never be upgraded to Windows 10, it's not really suited for Windows 10 and performance will be terrible. These systems never officially supported Windows 7. You'd be better off saving the money from the upgrades and buy a used or new system.
Relevancy 68.8%

Once you decide on a graphics card(GeForce/ATI,ect.),does it matter what company manufactures the board its on? I've read that issues relating to cooling and board component quality can make a big difference in performance.Is there a board manufacturer(Leadtech,Gainward,ect.) that is known to make a better board compared to others?

A:Best graphics card board manufacturer

Makes sense,Thanks for the info Rick!
Relevancy 68.8%

Does anybody know if any of the motherboard cmos settings for agp can significantly affect the speed and performance of the attached graphics card?

A:m\board cmos vs graphics card

Rick - sorry for not being more specific but your list covers my major concerns so thanks for the info.
Relevancy 68.8%

An unlikely thing, maybe? I have an 8Mb onboard graphics. I also have available a spare 8Mb Matrox graphics card.

Is it at all possible (without the use of extensive electronics tinkering) to connect the memory of one of these to make, say, a 16Mb graphics capability?

Just seems a waste of a decent graphics card!

Yours curiously

Relevancy 68.8%

I own a GeForce 7800 GS OC Overclocked graphics card AGP 8x/4x, 256 MB GDDR3. I needed support/ information on whether this card can be installed on a Lenovo 3000 K100 (Model #: 57061330). Please respond back with information regarding this question. If more information must be attained to answer please let me know. Thank you.

Here are specs for the Lenovo 3000 K100:

The following link contains the manuals that were included with the computer:

Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Compaq Presario SR1103WM and, when I upgraded my RAM to 1.24 gigs, found that it uses DDR1 memory. Today, I purchased an nVidia GeForce 6200 PCI Graphics card that uses 256MB DDR2 memory. If I try to install this on my computer are there going to be issues with compatibility?

Relevancy 68.8%

Hello Scenario I upgraded to Windows couple of days back everything was fine and all Windows apps were working fine After about hours some apps would not open I did a lot of searching but did not find any solution I managed to call MS support the guy gave me a file to detect errors The error it displayed was Display drivers out of date when I told this to the agent he informed me that my hardware does not support the OS I was shocked to hear this I bought this i laptop just over a year ago and if this was not supported the windows upgrade assistant was supposed to let me know before I shelled out for this Question I think I can find help here and hence asking firstly I need help in finding out | Graphics Please W8 with Compatible Card Help not which card is installed on my laptop that will help me search any experts please view the screenshot and direct me to the right procedure pre compiled drivers out here I sincerely appreciate any help and after this trial I am popping in my vendor Graphics Card not Compatible with W8 | Please Help supplied Win disk in my PC Thank you

A:Graphics Card not Compatible with W8 | Please Help

I had apps failing and did a refresh on 29Oct ...was no big deal all is well
(failed; weather apps and a few others...including Outlook...I will not even open OL again anyway...Thunderbird does the job for me)

I said no big deal....but I am well backed up and it was inconvenient to set up Thunderbird again ( I have several email accounts) but the email went well too

The refresh may seem like over-kill...but it only took about an hour +...including Thunderbird

It might solve your Video issue...really don't know

Things are so new...hard to get good be careful on who is advising...includes me too
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi everybody, my computer specs are :

Intel Quad Core Q6600, 2GB RAM, One PCIE slot and Acer M5630. I want to run Battlefield 2 but I get a black screen for about 3 seconds then back to my desktop. I heard this indicates a hardware problem so I'm gonna have to get a new graphics card. So there. What is a good choice for under $100. I'm 12 and I can't go out until Christmas or something. I prefer Nvidia over ATI.

A:I want a BF2 compatible graphics card.

This might work for you:

I don't know if Newegg ships to Wambolia though...
Relevancy 68.8%

Alright so here s the deal I purchased a new computer a few months ago And I cannot play games smoothly to save my own life I know that integrated graphics card are a joke but everything else about this computer is amazing so I was wandering could somebody give me a link to an affordable yet powerful graphics card With the system specifications I will provide Compatible Graphics Card, Anyone? Here s the specs Compaq Presario Model CQ F Operating System Windows Home Premium Build -Bit Current Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce And here is a link to the full list of specifications provided by the Compaq website And bus slots which are very important lol http h www hp com ewfrf wc document docname c Compatible Graphics Card, Anyone? amp tmp task prodinfoCategory amp lc en amp dlc en amp cc us amp en amp product Please somebody help me I need to game I cannot even play Call Of Duty on the lowest settings And would somebody tell me and if I get a new graphics card will I be able to run newer games Much help would be appreciated Thank You Nox-Aaron nbsp

A:Compatible Graphics Card, Anyone?

According to the specs you have a PCI Express x16 slot available so you should be able to put a new card into it. The possible limiting factors that you need to consider are:

Current Power Supply
You may well need to upgrade the power supply (PSU) because the one that comes with the machine is probably only adequate to power the components it came with. A new graphics card will more than likely increase the load on the PSU, you may be lucky and it works for a short while but it would fail eventually and could damage other components when it does (i.e. CPU and/or motherboard and/or RAM etc.). Also, HP do sometimes use non standard sized PSU's which would mean you will have to get the replacement direct from HP!

Case size and space
The motherboard is a Micro-ATX so I would assume the case is fairly small, you may be limited for physical space inside, so may be limited to getting slimline cards. This also may cause a problem with a PSU upgrade as a new PSU may come with a lot of extra wiring that you (personally) may not need, this wiring needs to be stored inside the case which may limit airflow and cooling.

So, with all that in mind, proabably the best way to advice on cards is to tell us what your budget is and go from there. A decent PSU upgrade will eat a chunk of that budget. It's niot an impossible upgrade we/you just need to make sure we get all the information to ensure we advice correctly.
Relevancy 68.8%

Alright so here's the deal I purchased a new computer not two months ago And I cannot play games to save my own Card, Anybody? Graphics Compatible life I know the integrated graphics card is a joke but everything else about this computer is amazing so I was wandering could somebody give me a link to an affordable yet powerful graphics card Compatible Graphics Card, Anybody? With the system specifications I will provide Here's the specs Compaq Presario Model CQ F Operating System Windows Home Premium Build -Bit Current Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce And here is a link to the full list of specifications provided by the Compaq website And bus slots which are very important lol http h www hp com ewfrf wc document docname c amp tmp task prodinfoCategory amp lc en amp dlc en amp cc us en amp product Please somebody help me I need to game I cannot even play Call Of Duty on the lowest settings And would somebody tell me and if I get a new graphics card will I be able to run newer games Much help would be appreciated Thank You Aaron Firebat

A:Compatible Graphics Card, Anybody?

And would somebody tell me and if I get a new graphics card, will I be able to run newer games?

Yes you will. Need a couple of things from you first,

1. How much are you looking to spend?

2. What size power supply is in that HP of yours? Pop the side off and there should be a label on the side of it, post back what it shows for the total watts as well as what it shows for the +12V reading.
Relevancy 68.8%

Will a gtx 630 be compatible with my hp computer?

A:Compatible graphics card

Yes, but better options exist for a GPU. This GPU is much more powerful and may even be smaller than your GTX 630.

I don't run HP, I just like helping others!FX6300 / Biostar TA970 / 8GB ADATA DDR3 / MSI HD 7950 / Corsair RM850 / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40
Relevancy 68.8%

I have an Asus AN8-E motherboard.
The power supply is ATX 425W.
+5V = 35A
(I have no idea which numbers I needed to show, so I've just listed them!)
Which nvidia cards WON'T I be able to use? (I know I can't do SLI)
I have 2 4-pin molex connectors free - If I need an external power supply, can I just use a 4 to 6 pin converter?

thanks in advance

A:Which graphics card is compatible?

Any AGP VGA card will work. Don't spend over $100 and increase your system memory as much as you can
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi im wanting to buy a new graphics card for my pc its a Hd pavilion slimline s5-1025la its low profile.
This is the graphics card i want to know if i can use it with my pc.

sry for spanish link

A:Graphics card compatible with my pc ?

The 220 watt power supply in that system might be a problem. NVidia recommends a 300 watt power supply for the GT610 although in a very basic system it would likely work with less as the card itself only uses 29 watts at maximum. Aside from that it's a low profile card and PCI-Express should those are correct.
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys, first off i'd like to apologise in advance as im sure you get questions like this all the time!
I really jumped the gun and ordered a

Gigabyte GT 440 OC 1GB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card

without doing too much research..

my question is will it work with my computer?
its a SCALEO Li 2609

thanks in advance

A:graphics card compatible??

someone must know! please help
Relevancy 68.8%

I'm building a new computer and I have all my parts except the graphics card, it will come in a couple of days. Can I put together my computer but temporarily put in my old really ****** graphics card in so I can install windows and what not so everything will be ready when my new graphics card does come? I have a i5 3470, 8 gig corsair vengence ram, western digital cavial black 1 tb hard drive, and a MSI LGA1155/Intel B75/DDR3/SATA3 USB 3.0/A&GbE/MicroATX Motherboard. Sorry for long name, that's what it says on amazon.

A:Is this graphics card compatible?

Welcome to TSG!

What is your old card?
If it is PCI-E 2.0 then yes, but be sure to put it in the pci-e 2.0 slot and not the 3.0 slot.

From the Amazon picture it looks like it has onboard graphics as well?
If so, just use that to set up Windows.
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi, I want to know which graphics card from ati or nvidia is compatible to windows 7. I have a Nvidia GeForce 6200 but it doesn't work on windows 7.

A:Compatible Graphics Card

I've had a 5200 working in Aero, so a 6200 should be fine. Did you get the latest drivers?
Relevancy 68.8%

I just bought a new PC, and I wanted to buy a new Graphics Card too.

I've found one I like the Specs of, but I was curious as to whether It's compatible with my PC,

so my question is; is a GeForce GT 210 512MB GDDR2 HDMI/VGA/DVI PCI-Express compatible with these specs:

AMD Athlon II X4 620
2 x 2Gb 240Pin DDR2 800Mhz
ATX Tower Case With 400w PSU
NVIDIA MCP61P Motherboard

A:Is my Graphics Card compatible?

Yes, looks like it should work.
Relevancy 68.8%

Looking to play Elite space sim and need to know which graphics card is compatible and will work well.I am clueless!!!

A:which graphics card is compatible

You need a PCIe x16 graphics card. If you want one with any power, you will also need to replace the PSU with a 400 Watt unit that has POCIe power connectors six-pin and 8-pin.  Your desktop PC is recent enough tso that will alow you can use modern video cards that support UEFI BIOS. Go to the Can I Run it? website to get recommendations on video cards. seems to be a popular online vendor for the US and source for video cards and PSU.
Relevancy 68.8%

i have a HP a1010n pc with 3 PCI slots (i removed the dial-up junk). i just want to know which graphics cards are compatible with the a1010n. if you can, please tell me the specific name/model( i prefer a 128MB minimum). im planning on updating to platinum vista even though i need ram and graphics.
Relevancy 68.8%

I am going to buy a new graphics card but I am unsure of its compatibility with my current PC setup.

I currently have:

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333mhz

Hard Drive: 1TB S-ATAiii 6.0Gb/s

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2GB (You can probably see why i want to upgrade)

PSU: 450W Corsair VS

Monitor: BenQ 21.5" VW2245Z

Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-H

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690

Case: Zalman Z1

I would like to upgrade my current graphics card to this:

I am aware it is likely my power supply will need to be upgraded.

Please could you help me choose how many Watts?

And will my mother board support it?

If anything else is incompatible or you need any more information it would be great is you could ask me.

Thank You,

James Earl
Relevancy 68.8%

I am looking to upgrade my  graphic card which is currently NVIDIA Geoforce GT 530. Can anybody recommend one that will be compatible with the HP Pavillion H8 1150UK  ???
Relevancy 68.8%

I need to get a new graphics card for my Acer Aspire E1-570 because when ever I try and play games and things its very laggy even on the lowest settings, I want to be able to play games with decent quality and I would prefer to keep it under 100. I've looked on the internet but I'm still confused about how to find a compatible graphics card. I'm also looking into buying more RAM as I have heard that can help a lot too.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3911 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -2012 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 457123 MB, Free - 383401 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, EA50_CX

A:Which Graphics Card is Compatible

The Acer Aspire E1-570 is a laptop/notebook and is not a desktop.

About the only hardware upgrade that you can do to a laptop/notebook is add more RAM.

It supports up to 8 GB of RAM.

Relevancy 68.37%

I just made some upgrades on my computer - added a new w power supply a couple new hard drives and a new graphics card When I added the graphics card I took out what a think is just a modem it only has a telephone jack on the back of it to make space - How board Card use for to old New Graphics Install on sound? for the graphics card I got the card up and running great it s a PNY Nvidia GeForce XLR performance edition The old graphics were onboard Nvidia LE The rest of the specs are listed here except I boosted the memory to G So New Graphics Card Install - How to use old on board for sound? heres New Graphics Card Install - How to use old on board for sound? the issue I added this card and I think it s supposed to handle sound too through the HDMI somehow but I m clueless about sound related stuff for whatever reason and I don t think I want sound to go through HDMI cuz I dont have the wires and connections for that Do I Maybe if I knew what I needed I would go that route I don t know I guess I just want SOUND again I m pretty sure it s an option to use my old onboard for sound though right But I can t figure it out I looked in device manager and it just says Nvidia High definition audio doesnt really help me Help nbsp

A:New Graphics Card Install - How to use old on board for sound?

You should be able to switch back to your on-board sound via control panel-sound
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a windows 7 system that I want to upgrade to Win10. The advisor says that the old on-board graphics card (built into the mobo) is not compatible. I went out and purchased a new PCI-e card that is compatible but the advisor continues to say that I can't upgrade. There appears to be no way for me to disable the old graphics chip in the BIOS.

I also tried to re-run the advisor analysis tool via the command line as mentioned in this post: Solved Cannot update to Windows 10 due to old video card - Windows 10 Forums

But the advisor still says that I can't update due to the old card.

Can I still upgrade to windows 10? If so what should I do?

A:How to upgrade despite incompatible on-board graphics card

Disable onboard video in BIOS.
Relevancy 68.37%

I've been having some issues with BSOD's occurring over the last couple of days which consistently print out a specific message "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys" which from what I understand is somehow related to my default display adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics 530.

I've attempted doing updates, rollbacks, re-installations, etc and nothing has worked. Is there some way I can simply disable that specific card and allocate my dedicated graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M as the only running video card?

I did try the simple process of going into Device Manager and disabling my 530 but it caused some weird resolution glitches.

Is there a proper way I can disable my 530 in an attempt to see if it stops these random crashes from occurring again, and if so can someone please give me instructions on how I can do that.

Relevancy 68.37%

ok i need some help... my wife has a desktop PC it has only 128MB on board graphics, the PC has 8gb or ddr3 memory and a tb hard drive and 3.2 dual core cpu.. she does surfing on the web, and only plays games liek i facebook and also a few we buy like hide and seek games. and card games... my question is would she get better performance if we get a video card, or will she not see much improvement. with what she does...

A:only have 128mb on board graphics.... would video card help..

never mind i just went out and bought a card anyways...
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi I bought my PC around two years ago and I have decided that I want to upgrade it so that I can play the latest games on it It currently has an ATI graphics card and I wanted to change it to Nvidia I have contacted NVIDIA to recommend a card and they replied Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care Unfortunately our current graphics cards may Card Graphics Compatible Solved: pose problems with your computer as your computer uses a Via Solved: Compatible Graphics Card chipset which does not fully meet the PCI-E specs While it is possible some of our lower end graphics cards may work we can not recommend Solved: Compatible Graphics Card a specific model that is sure to work We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause The Via Chipset is VIA PT Northbridge VIA VT A Southbridge What is the best graphics card that fully supports my PC I dont care if it is ATI Full System Specs are here http support packardbell com uk item index php sn amp t Thanks Matt nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

..i want to update my graphics card to enable aero effects on my computer and some other stuff as well

i got this message from the aero trouble shooter :

my mother board is :ASUS PTGD-LA

my graphics card is :Intel 915GV

CPU: intel Pentium 4 .

i have 3 PCI expansion slots .

pc is about 5 years old .

former OS : XP

it has 128 mb of ram enough to meet aero requirements

i guess i need a WDDM compatible driver.......i have no clue about that.
can you help me?

something affordable . not a gamer. just want to upgrade my pc and windows 7 visual effects .

thank you for your help .

A:please help me find a compatible graphics card 4 my pc

Quote: Originally Posted by Seven7

..i want to update my graphics card to enable aero effects on my computer and some other stuff as well

i got this message from the aero trouble shooter :

my mother board is :ASUS PTGD-LA

my graphics card is :Intel 915GV

CPU: intel Pentium 4 .

i have 3 PCI expansion slots .

pc is about 5 years old .

former OS : XP

it has 128 mb of ram enough to meet aero requirements

i guess i need a WDDM compatible driver.......i have no clue about that.
can you help me?

something affordable . not a gamer. just want to upgrade my pc and windows 7 visual effects .

thank you for your help .

Hi and welcome

I dont know what kind of a budget you have but for little money you can get a card that will run aero. 128 Mb isnt enough. Let us know what youc an spend and we will give you a hand

Ken J
Relevancy 67.94%

I have an Asus P5N-D Motherboard and a GeForce GTX 260 Video Card, but when I connect my monitor i get no signal. Do i need to use a different video card until i set up the O/S and the driver for the GeForce GTX 260 Video Card.

A:Is my graphics card compatible with my motherboard?

Do you have this board? If so, then the card should run just fine.
Relevancy 67.94%

My computer seems to be running extremely loudly, ran some diagnostics and it seems that my graphics card (NVDIA GeForce 630) is running a little hot (80 degrees C). What graphic cards would be compatible with my computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Relevancy 67.94%

Hie All..

I am planing to purchase a graphic card

here is my configuration ..please can you suggest some good ones compatible to the same..

Asus M4N68T-M LE V2
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840 Processor 3.20 Ghz
4 GB DDR3 Transcend
410 power iball SMPS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

A:Suggest a Compatible Graphics Card

The biggest things we need to know....budget....power supply, brand name and type/do you have to have a low profile card.....and what you want to use the card for
Relevancy 67.94%

I don't know how to tell, and there's not much I could find online that could tell me. My computer has a Gateway FX6800-01e motherboard and I'm looking at buying a GeForce GTX 760 graphics card on sale.

This has come about mainly because I realized I need an upgrade after Star Wars Battlefront refused to run on my computer, so if it's not compatible, are there any other suggestions that are? The minimum specs required are either GeForce GTX 660 2GB or ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB.
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, I have a 2 year old PC with Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 8I945GZME-RH motherboard, 2.80 gigahertz, Intel Pentium D, 16 kilobyte primary memory cache, 2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache, Bus Clock: 200 Megahertz, Power Supply: P4 ATX Version 1.3 Switching power supply, AC Input: 200-240V/63Hz/5 Amp. I am looking at a budget PCIe graphics card with good performance that will enable Windows 7 to work smoothly and high end graphic games to be played. The current on board graphics is not enough for even the low end games. The 7 and 8 series from NVIDIA are hard to find and the current in the market is the 9 series. Any suggestions here please.

A:PCIe compatible Graphics Card

Quote: Originally Posted by ashutoshmishra

Hi, I have a 2 year old PC with Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 8I945GZME-RH motherboard, 2.80 gigahertz, Intel Pentium D, 16 kilobyte primary memory cache, 2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache, Bus Clock: 200 Megahertz, Power Supply: P4 ATX Version 1.3 Switching power supply, AC Input: 200-240V/63Hz/5 Amp. I am looking at a budget PCIe graphics card with good performance that will enable Windows 7 to work smoothly and high end graphic games to be played. The current on board graphics is not enough for even the low end games. The 7 and 8 series from NVIDIA are hard to find and the current in the market is the 9 series. Any suggestions here please.

If you wanna stick with Nvidia (the way its meant to be played ) My card, the 9400 GT is just what you are looking for, cheap ( i guess thats what you want) awesome, and playing those high-end games. 1gb memory of its own, and a 550 mhz Gpu.
If however, you want to cross over to ATI, they got some awesome cards too, like the 4670 which is also cheap and good (not as good, but good)

Hope this helps!
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what kind of Graphics Card I could get for my new Dell computer I didn't realize when I got it A week ago but the graphics card pretty much sucks The windows rating for my display and gaming are -- The lowest So I figure I may as well get a new card now and get that all fixed My range is - but would much rather it not go over if its possible to get a good one at that price I don't play many games but I do use photoshop intensely play movies have numerous programs running at the same time and Dell Graphics Need Compatible Card New for I use a -inch UltraHighDef screen My current specs are -Studio XPS Intel Core i - processor MB Cache GHz - GB DDR SDRAM at MHz- X GB x GB -nVIDIA GeForce G MB DDR - Need Compatible Graphics Card for New Dell GB Serial ATA Hard Drive RPM I asked Dell about putting a new graphics card and what kind would be compatible but when I looked up the ones he said I wasnt sure if I could buy them outside of Dell and get the same ones they were selling that he was telling me about I looked them up on newegg Here are the ones he said would be compatible at around the - range - ATI Radeon HD xt mb - GeForce GTS GB DDR When I typed that into newegg I found that there were different kinds of Need Compatible Graphics Card for New Dell manufacturers for those specs so I wasn't sure if it mattered what I got Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Kevin

A:Need Compatible Graphics Card for New Dell

just remember that if you install a different card, you well invalidate your warranty..

personally I've never worried about such things, but some people take warranties very seriously..

- if you fill in your system specs fully, we would have a better idea of what your current system will take..

- some of the more advanced cards may well need a beefier PSU, for example..
Relevancy 67.94%

Recently I replaced my old NVIDIA Geforce graphics card with a friends old graphics card DirectX 9.0c Graphics Not compatible Card Now at first everything was going great A few days later I Graphics Card Not DirectX 9.0c compatible tried playing Indigo Prophecy on my PC Note I already ran it beforehand after I installed the new card and everything worked fine Soon into the Graphics Card Not DirectX 9.0c compatible game strange green Graphics Card Not DirectX 9.0c compatible vertical dotted lines appeared on the screen Eventually the game crashed Afterwords trying to open Indigo Prophecy yet again gave me the error message that my card was not directx c compatible I checked NVIDIA s site had double checked that I had the latest drivers uninstalled the card reinstalled uninstalled directx c reinstalled etc etc Now what really concerns me is that this doesn t just appear to be a graphics card issue Now even my computer will refuse to start up at times In fact sometimes the first boot up screen will have red vertical dotted lines not green So now it takes forever for me to even start up the computer to fiddle around This is driving me crazy I have messed with dxdiag but I can get no explanation for any of this Please if anyone can help me it d be very much appreciated Specs Windows XP Home Edition Current Updates Pentium GHz NVIDIA MB GeForce MB Ram And someone mentioned I may have an outdated BIOS so I m posting that as well Phoenix - Award WorstationBIOS v PG nbsp

A:Graphics Card Not DirectX 9.0c compatible

It sounds like your graphics card gradually went from a working state to being broken. Check if the fan is spinnning, it might have stopped while you were playing and the card might have overheated. If that's the case, it might have caused some permanent damages to your card. I've only joined the forum for 2 or 3 days and i've read several posts about GPU fans stopping due to various reasons such as dust.

If it isn't the graphics card, then it has to be another component that gradually died

I doubt it is your BIOS, since it didn't change when your computer went from fully functional to completely useless.
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Guys,

I'm having trouble with my Geforce MX 100/200 on my chaintech 7AJA mobo with chipset VIA VT8363 Apollo KT133, so have decided on a cheap option of getting a different graphics card.I don't use any real graphic heavy programs or play games and I don't want to spend a fortune. Can anyone suggest something compatible with the above?

A:7AJA compatible graphics card

Your mobo has One 32 bit AGP slot rev. 2.0, supporting 2x / 4x mode with supply 3.3 V and 1.5 V.
Whats wrong with your mx card?
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Guys,
I am looking for a graphics card for my 3 yr old computer. I'd like to get something that will work in Conjunction w/ my GPU and not simply cancel it out. I know they have them. Just don't know if my board will do this. Another thing I need to make sure it is compatible w/ my PCI. And finally when the card says ddr 3 or 5 is it compatible since my board only takes ddr 2 mem sticks? Here is the link for my board:

Please don't tell me to get a new board or system since mine is old. I know that and getting a new system right now isn't an option.

A:compatible graphics card that will work w/ my gpu?

The board doesn't have Hybrid Crossfire, which would be needed for what you're willing to do. Not that you actually can run them in conjunction with Hybrid Crossfire either, you've got a bit of a wrong vision of it... When onboard works "alongst" with a discrete card, it just means the discrete card goes to a very low power sleep when no 3D apps are running and the onboard handles desktop usage.
(G)DDR3/5/whatever is not a compatibility issue, neither are PCI versions - PCI-E 16x cards, let them be 2.0, 2.1 or whatever will work on your board.
Power supply quality and true output capacity is. What's your current power supply model? Look at its side for some hints if you don't know straight off the top of your head. "*** Watts" is not enough, a real model is needed to determine any useful facts about the unit.
Relevancy 67.94%

i have a graphics card which its interface is PCI-E 2.0 x16
is it compatible/can work with my motherboard which has a slot of PCI-E 3.0 x16

so can it work without having damage

A:pci-e 2.0 graphics card compatible to pci-e 3.0 slot

Yes it will work fine.
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey, I was wondering if my computer would be able to hold a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GX2 graphics card.. The computer isn't very top notch or up to date, but it's not horribly bad. If it doesn't work, what would be a good graphics card for gaming that my computer could use?

Processor - 3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Motherboard - ASUSTeK Computer INC. 'P4SD-LE' Rev 1.xx
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

Its only got a gig of ram right now, but I can upgrade that.
Its got windows xp right now, but I can also update that to vista.

If there's anything else you need that I missed, let me know.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all! I turned on my computer today and everything loaded normally. I opened up google chrome, and the screen froze for a second and the dvi went offline (computer kept running). I turned the computer back on and the dvi kept going to no signal. I took out the graphics card and I am currently running on on-board graphics.

I would like to also mention that my graphics card sits in a pci 3.0 slot but the card is pci 2.0 (its worked fine though).

I also can't put it in the pci 2.0 slot because my power supply takes up too much room and the graphics card doesnt fit.

What I tried:
Unplugging everything, then repluggin it back in.
changing the pci slot.

If you have any questions please ask!

A:DVI No Signal with graphics card plugged in (on board work)

Hey Wiznet.

do you have access to other PC? If yes, try to put the graphic card in that and see if it is working or not? This way we will be sure that the card is fine or not.
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all I have an Asus M A-VM HDMI mainboard and am trying to install my new Geforce GTS GPU Up until now card Graphics Problem installing Asus new on board I have Problem installing new Graphics card on Asus board been using the on-board ATI x graphics via the bundled riser card to output via HDMI In display settings I showed screens one for the VGA and one for the HDMI When I tried to install the Geforce Problem installing new Graphics card on Asus board I had a whole bunch of issues When I first installed it I left the on-board graphics set as primary and windows wouldnt even detect the card Switching off the HDMI support in the BIOS sorted this and the next time I booted up windows saw the card and installed the drivers off the CD Next I rebooted and changed the primary GPU in the BIOS to PCIE Problem installing new Graphics card on Asus board from on-board VGA As soon as I saved and exited the screen when blank The machine continued to boot into windows I have a VFD that fires up when windows starts so I know it was running but the display remained blank The only way to fix this was to pull the graphics card and reset the primary GPU back to on-board VGA in the BIOS After this I plugged the card back in and let windows start normally Now when I try and access the display settings I get a message about the primary display drivers being for a previous version of windows I am running MCE and that the default display adaptor is disabled In my displays window the onboard ATI is now screens amp which are the only that are selectable and the geforce is number No matter what I do I cant get any display from the Geforce The HDMI cable is fine as I ve tested it on the onboard DVI port via an HDMI gt DVI converter Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on nbsp
Relevancy 67.51%

I have an Inspiron 560, currently using the on-board graphics (Intel G45/G43).  I found an old Radeon PCI video card so I though i could install it and use a second monitor (this is just a business computer -- no gaming or anything).
When I installed the PCI card the system seemed to disable the on-board graphics and I can't find a way to have both on at the same time.
This old card may make my system run slower, I'm not sure, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  Any ideas on how I can have both on together?
FYI I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

A:Dual Monitors on Inspiron 560 with on-board graphics & PCI card?

Hi BulkHedd,Enabling both onboard video card and discrete video card is not available for this system. The on-board Intel video won't support two monitors with separate (different) screens because you have only one VGA output on the PC. Please let me know the exact video card you are using to assist you better.
Relevancy 67.51%

Good evening I recently purcahsed a nbsp Asus geforce gtx from a friend and a new Thermaltake TR W Graphics Mother board compatibility and card issue? power supply for my computer nbsp nbsp I installed them both and turned my computer on nbsp All components had power the computer stalled at the HP blue loading screen with the hand nbsp It gave me the option to enter boot mode but would not allow me to access it nbsp There was a single beep with a long pause and then another beep this hapened for a bit and then multiple beeps but would not allo me past that screen nbsp nbsp I reinstalled my older graphics card and left the new power supply back in The computer started up fine and I am still able to use it nbsp I tried installing the card again made sure all connections were good but received the same Mother board and Graphics card compatibility issue? result nbsp nbsp I did not take off any of the existing drivers or was unable to insatll the cd drivers that came with the card nbsp CPU - HP Pavilion nbsp p - cGraphics Card - ASUS nbsp GTX -DC OC- GD Power Supply - Thermaltake TR W nbsp Thank you Curtis

A:Mother board and Graphics card compatibility issue?

Greetings, The GTX 760 requires UEFI BIOS. It will not initialize. You have to go with Nvidia GTX 600 series cards or look at Sapphire Legacy/UEFI cards. MSI and Gigabyte offer newer Nvidia cards with Legacy/UEFI  BIOS also. Cheers!
Relevancy 67.08%

If a board can run an ati radeon hd 4350
can it run a 4670 or even a 5850?

And I do want to know what makes a card usable on a mobo

Relevancy 67.08%

Thinking that for my next graphic upgrade I would buy one of these video cards EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2662-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card -

I'm currently running the gtx 650 1gb model.

System specs: (Yes I realize you can look at my system specs also by using that dropdown below but I figure I'd make it easy for everyone )

Would that be ok? My power supply is up to 850W according to looking at it in my case. Could I get something higher than the 660? I'm open to other suggestions. My price range would still be under $200 if possible.

A:Curious if this graphics card would be compatible for my system

I run 2 x GTX 660Ti 2gb Video cards on my Z97X Machine and they are really good. One is a EVGA and the other is a Gigabyte.
Relevancy 67.08%

I recently upgraded my graphics card and I was going to give my friend my old one but I don't know if it's compatible. Here is his specs:

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz 54 ?C
Lynnfield 45nm Technology
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 660MHz (9-9-9-24)
Acer Aspire M5910 (CPU 1) 59 ?C
X233H ([email protected])
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 44 ?C
1397GB Western Digital WDC WD15EADS-22P8B0 (SATA) 48 ?C
Optical Drives
YNE 4DE7KPM3 SCSI CdRom Device
Realtek High Definition Audio

And he has 500 watts power supply. With model: FSP450-60EP

My old graphics card is AMD HD 7800 series. Will it work.

A:Is My Graphics Card compatible for my friends computer?

I don't see why it wouldn't work, as long as it will fit in the case. It may be a little bit challenging with your friend's current power supply, depending on the model of your Radeon card. A 7870 will probably use more power than a 7850, for example.

But the card should be compatible, none-the-less. I would give it a try and see if it works with that PSU.
Relevancy 67.08%

hey. i currently have vista home basic, and i'm getting ready to upgrade to vista ultimate. can somebody check to see if the mobile intel(r) 4 series express chipset family graphics card is compatible with windows vista ultimate? thanks.

A:is this graphics card compatible with vista ultimate?

ok laptop?
and should be
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I believe I ve had a motherboard failure so I ve gone and bought a nd hand m b and cpu combo off ebay to replace it The cpu that comes with it is compatible with card of compatible with graphics the motherboard? choice the motherboard apparently Will my ATI Radeon HD Series graphics card be compatible with an ASUS M A-VM V-M A choice of graphics card compatible with the motherboard? G DP-MB and AMD Athlon X socket AM CPU ADA IAA CU GHz Windsor dual core CPU Any way to find out Checked on the graphics card page http www amd com us products desk hd- Pages ati-radeon-hd- -series aspx but it doesn t tell me if it s compatible there If compatible any issues expected on windows or anything choice of graphics card compatible with the motherboard? I have to do bear in mind Will Windows find all the drivers for me and install them automatically and if so will I need to go and uninstall all my old m b drivers and any changes in the bios etc I need to do Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I need Graphic Card for my computer because the existing graphic card is build-in and it is 64Mb.
My Motherboard is Asus P5S800-VM.

I want to know Which Graphic Card is Compatible for my motherboard.

A:Which graphics card is compatible with ASUS P5S800-VM

Unfortunately, that motherboard only has an AGP slot, so your videocard upgrade will be very limited.

Here is one of the cheaper units for AGP, but you must also ensure your case has adequate cooling (at least one case fan aside from the power supply fan is recommended) and also ensure you have a fairly beefy power supply (350 Watt or greater, 400W+ preferred).
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Everyone nbsp I am wanting to update the graphics card 23-d160qd envy compatible graphics card on nbsp my computer nbsp I called in to HP Parts and the person answering the phone said he did not know So I am trying here nbsp This pc is envy 23-d160qd compatible graphics card an Touchsmart Envy -d qd All-In-One nbsp It has an Intel HD and this is not very good at all nbsp I would like to know which envy 23-d160qd compatible graphics card nbsp modern graphics cards something good could nbsp be installed into the expansion slot nbsp Ideally I would like to make this computer into a gaming computer nbsp nbsp The website for the computer lists the expansion slots as nbsp PCI Express MXM slot that supports a PCI Express x graphics card Gen PCI Express x mini card Gen nbsp The website also lists the graphics card as a - which is wrong nbsp If anyone can point me to the right graphics cards that are compatible for this computer I would greatly appreciate the advice

A:envy 23-d160qd compatible graphics card

Hi, It is a CTO machine therefore it can be any option in the list. Given it has PCI Express MXM slot that supports a PCI Express x16 graphics card (Gen 2.0) but finding a place to buy MXM card is another story. The specs shows 2 options:  GeForce GT 630M (2 GB)Radeon HD 7650A (2 GB)You can order from HP but you need to check the right motherboard (depending on your option when you bought the machine) from the following options first: Regards.
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there, a quick questions if anyone can please answer.

My 5 year old graphics card broke not to long ago and I've been looking into getting a new one (EVGA Geforce GTX570), but I don't really know if it is compatible with my computer. I looked through the requirements and my computer specs, but the only thing I noticed is that I just need to upgrade my power supply, if anyone can help is that the only thing I need to upgrade, and everything else is fine? And if so how big of a power supply watts should I get?

And the card: 500 Series Family&uc=EUR

Thank you.

A:Evga 570 Graphics card compatible with this computer?

Yeah, It looks like it should work, it is PCI-E X16, which is also on your motherboard, so that means it will fit. But since your motherboard is AMD, I reccomend a Card from ATI or AMD, in my experience, An amd card works better on an amd motherboard.
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm trying to buy a graphics card that's under $90, and I don't know what information I need in order to figure it out. Can anyone help?

A:Cheap compatible graphics card required

Please put your System Specs information in your Profile

If you have a brand name computer (like Dell; HP; or other) please place the Computer name & Model number in your Mobo field of your Profile
Relevancy 67.08%

A:Solved: is this motherboard compatible with this graphics card

No, the motherboard has an AGP 4X slot and the video card is PCI-e.
Relevancy 67.08%

My computer is an HP Pavilion Media Center m8100n TV PC. I would like to upgrade the video card because it's pretty weak. Right now I have a GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. I was wondering if I could upgrade to this...
If I do upgrade to that will I still be able to use my computer to hook up my playstation to the computer?

Relevancy 67.08%

I have an H8-1114 HP Desktop PC and I am trying to upgrade my graphics card.  I bought a PNY Geforce GT740 2GB Edition but it didn't work.  It got stuck on the blue HP welcome screen and kept on beeping.  After a while the PC shuts off.  I believe the video card I bought was incompatible.  Is there a complete and updated list of graphic cards compatible to this PC model?

A:Upgrading Graphics Card - What are the compatible models for...

Here are the specs btw: Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHzPower Supply: Internal 300W (100V-240V) Mother Board: Pegatron Corporation 2AC2 SM BIOS: 7.13 Windows Version: 6.2 (Build 9200)
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I apologize in advance for my almost complete lack of computer knowledge That said my PC was built for me by one of the IT guys at work who has since moved on I can t scare him card Good with Windows 7? graphics compatible up from his last known email addy So I m sort of out there drifting on this stuff trying to find any help I can The PC is connected to the home theater system TV through HDMI About weeks ago and video from the internet stopped producing sound In addition the PC doesn t Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7? play audio dvds anymore And when I click on the samples in the library I can t play them either I m assuming without knowing the graphics card is shot I think it s about four years old I opened up the box pulled out the graphics card I didn t make a note of manufacturer model but my device manager says it s nvidia and the driver is up to date and cleaned it I plugged it back in still no sound I can play youtube videos or stream online content but none of it has sound Does it sound to you guys like I need a new graphics card If so I need a recommendation for a better than average one that is compatible with windows professional something in the range or so Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7?

Open up nVidia Control Panel.
Under Display select "Set up Digital Audio".
Verify settings to make sure they are correctly set up to send audio.
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,I own a HP Omni 27-1015t  with a GeForce GT 540M card.  Unfortenuately, I am not able to install windows 10 due to compatilibity issues. After contacting HP support some months ago, I finally got around to removing the card today (as they suggested), but when I switch on the computer again, the display is blank. Is there anything outside of removing the card I need to do for the mother board graphics to kick in?  Only thing HP support suggested was to remove the card, install win10 and then put the card back into the computer (it should be win10 compatible).  I did try to install win10 with the card in, but was not able to get the correct graphics. Hoping for some good tip here.  Thank you. RegardsAre
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there I m new to this site I was hoping I could get someone s opinion I plugged a dvi cable into on board graphics and the screen had lines going horizontally I have a picture but don t know how to add one or lines card. screen Horizontal on board dedicated via on graphics onto here Anyway I restarted several times and the drivers are up to date I put back into graphics card and it was fine Up until Horizontal lines on screen via on board or dedicated graphics card. a few days ago it started doing it on there too The monitor is an Asus quot and set to - I have a zoostorm desktop pc with the followong specifications Intel i ghz Windows gb ram Mobo is gigabyte h Nvidia Gt upgrading soon Psu cool master w I have not had the chance to see if it happens on the TV too as it is intermittent and hard to fully troubleshoot Also I am under warranty until July and have the PC being picked up soon for Mobo replacement But does it really sound like a Mobo problem to you guys or should I be looking else where too The monitor is brand new and has been fine until I tested the on board graphics Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Horizontal lines on screen via on board or dedicated graphics card.

My first thought would be the Power Supply. Can you post the exact Motherboard Model Number? If nothing else the Model Number is Silk Screened on the motherboard.

Also some other checks you could do is using a different Video Cable or a different monitor to see if the problem is one of those items.
Relevancy 66.22%

I acquired a gtx 960, after removing the panel on the side of my Inspiron 3847 case, I realized that the gtx 960 is just slightly to big to fit. Is the gtx 960 compatible with my Inspiron 3847, if so how can I make it work with my PC??

A:Graphics card upgrade to gtx 960 is my Inspiron 3847 compatible?

You cant make it work its too long and the power supply is no where near sufficient.
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm buying my daughter a new computer. I have limited money so I'm thinking referbished. I have a couple of Dells. Both choices have AMD Athlon processors. One is 64 Duel Core, the other is x2 processor. I'm not sure if one is better or both the same. I learned a lot from reading the forum on this sight but I'm still a litttle confused. Both of the computers have integrated nvidia Quadro nvs 210s graphics. She mainly uses it for internet (UTube video) and Sims. She plays sims 2, and just got Sims 3 but her old computer is not capable. Sims 3 requirements name many nvidia Ge Force, Radian (several) and intel GMA 3 & 4 series. The Quadro is not included, is that because it's to new or because Quadro is actually for business application?

A:Solved: Graphics card & processor compatible with Sims 3?

Hi cinnamon555,

According to the offcial Nvidia Quadro geforce 210 website: , Sims3 are well supported:
Modern games and 3D applications demand more graphics performance than ever before and Intel integrated graphics simply aren’t good enough. With 16 processing cores, the GeForce 210 delivers over 10x the performance1 of Intel integrated solutions! If you want to play popular mainstream games like World of Warcraft, Spore or Sims3, the GeForce 210 is an essential addition to your PC.Click to expand...

Hope it helps.

Thanks for reading.
Relevancy 66.22%

im going to school right now and im taking a 3d animation class and i finally got the program ive been using in class which is "Maya" it runs good on my compaq presario sr1630nx but it seems to be choppy at times with a little lag my instructor says to get a graphics card. so i was wondering what would be a great graphics card thats compatible with my system for 3d animation and some pc games. right now the graphics card my system is running is a ATI Radeon Xpress 200 i would also like to have two monitors running on my system so i could have maya on one screen and a picture reference on the second screen.

A:compatible graphics card for my compaq presario sr1630nx

HP doesn't list what it has for a power supply here,

Compaq Presario SR1630NX Desktop PC Product Specifications - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

but going on how HP likes to put in a power supply that is just powerful enough to run the system as it is out of the box, I'm guessing that it will be something in the 250-300W range. If that is what it is (only way to find out is pop the side off and see what it shows on the label), then a new power supply is also going to be needed.

With that in mind, how much are you looking to spend?
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a windows XP laptop home edition My graphics card is ati radeon I recently wanted to try out the game second life but Graphics And Video Card. With Help, Assistance Controler (vga My Want Please? Compatible) the game Want Assistance With My Video Controler (vga Compatible) And Graphics Card. Help, Please? kept freezing I searched on the net and was advised to update my graphics card to the ati-radeon Anyway after downloading this newest version I wanted to install it So I went through the steps of uninstalling the Want Assistance With My Video Controler (vga Compatible) And Graphics Card. Help, Please? old version of my graphics card as outlined in the site http support ati com ics support defau However after uninstalling the old version i tried installing the new one and it wasn t accepted My laptop kept saying that I don t have Net framework version so I downloaded it Then the laptop said that the VGA won t support Want Assistance With My Video Controler (vga Compatible) And Graphics Card. Help, Please? this new version When I looked through the Advanced option of the device manager the VGA had a yellow question mark Anyway I reinstalled my former ati-radeon but I still want the updated one help please

A:Want Assistance With My Video Controler (vga Compatible) And Graphics Card. Help, Please?

The issue that it seems you're having is that you've got a Radeon 7000 card and are trying to install drivers for the radeon 9800, which is a different card altogether. The 7000 only supports up to catalyst driver version 6.1.1, while the 9800 supports up to version 7.5. The drivers for the 9800 won't run the 7000 card.

If you want more performance out of your laptop, then I suggest that you upgrade the card to something better than it's current card. You can get graphic cards at most local stores (like best buy, walmart etc.) and at a ton of places online.

Hope this helps!
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, Hope you are all well. Can anybody please recommend a good graphics card for the HP Compaq Elite 8000 Tower? Here are some specs;  - Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz- 250GB Hard Drive- 4GB Ram- Windows 7 Professional 64bit Kind regards, Matt  

A:HP Compaq 8000 Pro MicroTower Compatible graphics Card

Hi, Matt: I have the AMD Radeon HD 6570 in my 8000 Elite CMT.  Works great. That was the optional card HP offered on the 8200 Elite CMT/MT which as the same 320W P/S as the 8000.
Relevancy 65.79%

Just wondering before i buy. Dont wanna come home and find out its not compatible with vista.

A:Does the eVGA e-GeForce 7300 GS Graphics Card compatible with Vista?

What do you mean by compatible ? Do you simply want a card that will allow you to enable the Aero effects of Vista ? Try looking in this LIST.
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, i apologise if this is not in the right part of the forums. i have a packard bell imedia S2885 desktop computer and it seems like a pretty decent machine however the graphics card seems to let it down alot. i would like to play some new and fairly new games like rise of the tomb raider, life is strange and possibly GTA 5. I have run game system requirements tests and the only thing that seems to be letting the computer down is the graphics card. please could someone tell me a compatible high end graphics card for my computer? I dont mind if the game doesnt run on high settings, medium is fine.  thankyou in advance . 

A:Packard bell imedia S2885 compatible graphics card...

Look at the specs on your power supply and pick a card that won't get near maxing it out or replace the power supply and buy the card you would like to have.
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, i apologise if this is not in the right part of the forums. i have a packard bell imedia S2885 desktop computer and it seems like a pretty decent machine however the graphics card seems to let it down alot. i would like to play some new and fairly new games like rise of the tomb raider, life is strange and possibly GTA 5. I have run game system requirements tests and the only thing that seems to be letting the computer down is the graphics card. please could someone tell me a compatible high end graphics card for my computer? I dont mind if the game doesnt run on high settings, medium is fine.  thankyou in advance . 

A:Packard bell imedia S2885 compatible graphics card...

Look at the specs on your power supply and pick a card that won't get near maxing it out or replace the power supply and buy the card you would like to have.
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm an almost total Noob
Have a desktop Optiplex GX620 computer I use only at work. No gaming. The power supply for this computer is 280W.
It uses an Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelator 950. I don't know if it is low-profile card or not.
This integrated graphics card sucks--even for just text.
I am seeking an under $50 one that is compatible with the computer.
Can anyone recommend something or send me to a website that might help me find something compatible?

Relevancy 65.79%

i'm asking this question simply because right now i have a geforce 8500 video card but i want to get a crossfire ready motherboard and sooner or later switch over to crossfire but i was wondering if i would be able to use my 8500 card in the motherboard just as a single video card set up.

A:single sli graphics card compatible with a crossfire ready motherboard?

Yes it will be fine.

I'm running two 8600's on a crossfire mobo without any problems.
Relevancy 64.93%

I am trying for the first time to put together a system. Yeh I know...I need help. First of all is this a usable card. It is comming out of an existing system.
Thanks, ynotbme

A:Is the ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 graphics card compatible with a Dell Vostro 200?

If the card will fit in the box it'll probably work for you. When I looked up Dell Vostro 200 they were built into two kinds of cases. There was one type built in a slim case and the other type built in a mini case. The mini case is much wider than the slim case. It looks like both types of cases sport motherboards with X16 PCI-E slots for adding an aftermarket video card. Trouble will arise if your 9550/X1050 video card has an AGP connector instead of a PCI-E connector, or you have a full size video card and a slim case.
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi I ve purchased an old m board for a test and play machine The m board is a MSI Solved: m/board?? Is this with this CPU compatible MS- BX v with the Blue quot C quot sticker PII and i think also PIII compatible board I was looking at getting a PIII Mhz Bus or a PIII Ghz Mhz Bus for it From the information i ve read from the Solved: Is this CPU compatible with this m/board?? MSI site for this board it Solved: Is this CPU compatible with this m/board?? is supposed to support up to PIII Ghz However what i am confused on is that the manufacturers state that this board supports a Mhz bus So the question in mind is will the PIII Mhz Ghz with the Mhz Bus work with this board According to the cpu support list for this board it uses FSB x to get Mhz while it uses a FSB x to get the Ghz So because both the Mhz and Ghz use Buses will Solved: Is this CPU compatible with this m/board?? they still be compatible Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you Regards Steve nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

i have purchased a P4 3.0Ghz SL7J6 processor for a new build , having trouble finding a quality board for it .Does anyone have any suggestions or mabe have a particular board maker that you mite favor thanks in advance for your suggestion

A:Compatible board for P4 processor

I wonder... Why did you buy a P4 for a new build? How much did you pay for that? You can get a dual-core AMD CPU for 40-60$, and that beats P4 totally... Consider returning that P4, as it just isn't worth your money... :/
Relevancy 58.48%

hi i upgraded my computer to 640 MB RAM and 1ghz Processor (P3)

i want to buy new motherboard that will be compatible with my ram which is PC133 166PiN. Also can carry any Processors and Max Gfx. Please thankzzz
Can you giv me some Links from ebay or somewere

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a rather old but new-in-box board that must go into a specific computer. Parameters dictate this board and only this board be used. It currently has an also new 2.8GHz Pentium processor on board and is running fine; but, I would like to swap this processor for a faster one. Not much gain, I know; but, that's what the owner wants.

This is the board:

Gigabyte no longer has data on this board and I cannot find a compatible processor list and the manual says nothing I can find about compatible processors.

Can anyone help with this?

Relevancy 58.05%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently a mother on advice compatible board AMD Need purchased a AMD X slot AM processor for my first new build I also have my computer case with a watt PSU I need firewire capability on the mobo since I ll be using this computer to edit and burn dvd s of old family vhs and mm tapes Now I need advice on quot which quot mobo to buy one that has IEEE input and slot AM My analog to digital device uses firewire input to the computer I am not nor do I intent to become a gamer so don t let that be a concern I ll Need advice on a AMD compatible mother board use this computer to capture and editing video and do the usual web surfing There is one other thing I can t spent a lot of money on the mobo I know I can buy nearly anything I want if I m willing to spend the money but I need to keep the cost below if at all possible I d appreciate hearing your recommendations Thanks to all who respond nbsp

A:Need advice on a AMD compatible mother board
Relevancy 58.05%

I just came from a retail store to check on prices but most of their parts weren't available anymore. Instead of a G. Skill Ripjaws 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1600, the clerk offered me a Crucial Ballistix 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1866 memory. The board I'm gonna buy is an Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp but looking at their memory support list Pro4/MVP, it doesn't seem compatible.

The clerk had told me it was compatible and that he had tried it before but I'm not sure if it'd have unwanted effects over some period of time. (I got drawn in by how the memory looks and its LED so I'm including it as a choice). Thanks.

A:Is a 1866 memory compatible with an H77 board?

It will be compatible, worst case scenario is just setting your 1866Mhz RAM to run at 1600Mhz. You're getting quicker RAM for free.
Relevancy 58.05%

So, my intel d875 got fried

I have found a few AGP slotted mobos and this one is what I may be going with

My question is will my new card provide the same features as the old and therefore be compatible? I checked to the best of my ability but need to be sure before I pull the trigger.

Thanks for the help

A:Motherboard fried, is this board compatible?

Well, no. The product addresses I followed show the Intel board is socket 478, while the Asrock is an LGA775. So. best guess is it will take your video card, but you'd have to spring for a processor.
You could also consider Matx size boards as they usually fit into Atx cases.
I don't know if it's worth it to directly replace your 875 board, but I do understand limited finances. The ASRock board does accept 184 pin DDR and AGP graphics, the only addition would be a new CPU. With another board you might have to buy 4 things, (CPU, board, RAM, and Video Card).
Relevancy 57.19%

I've done all the searching I know how to do and am having no luck at all. I might want to upgrade the processor and can't find anything with a list of compatibles.

Toshiba Satellite A665-S6094 K000104400 LA-6062P Intel Motherboard

I've been to the Intel site and don't know why nothing comes up there on any of the above terms.

Relevancy 57.19%

Shall I Upgrade My Processor/What Processors are CompatibleWith My Board?

Well as you can tell from the title, i'm wondering if I should upgrade my processor and what processors are compatible with my board.

I have a ASUS PDGT-LA [HP Goldfish3].

I currently have a Intel Pentium 4 519K 3.06Ghz 533 Mhz FSB 64-bit Processor.

Would upgrading to a 640 or a 630 be worth the $100?

What processors are compatible with my board?

Thanks in Advance,

A:Shall I Upgrade My Processor/What Processors are Compatible With My Board?

Socket: LGA775
Supports processor up to 3.4 GHz
Supports Intel Pentium 4 HT processors

Lots more info from here:
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello nbsp Let me start Ha... Driver Unable Compatible To Graphics Nvidia Find Graphics by saying that I'm not all that knowledgable about graphic cards graphic drivers and my current issue nbsp I bought this PC roughly years ago and customized it so it's i - MQ GHz GB DDR TB HDD AND it's suppose to have Gb Nvidia GeForce GT M dedicated graphics I just recently started getting into PC gaming i e Steam Rocket League H Z etc I've only had seldom issues playing rocket league but the problems arose to when nbsp I tried playing H Z It was very Nvidia Graphics Driver Unable To Find Compatible Graphics Ha... slow and my fps weren't high either even on low medium setting nbsp I started doing some research about why that would happen and it has to do with the graphics so I tried checking out the graphics on my PC but all I could find was the intel HD graphics info and control panel Nvidia Graphics Driver Unable To Find Compatible Graphics Ha... I've read information that sometimes there could be two graphics in a PC so it either uses one or the other but I can't seem to detect the nvidia hardware through the driver nor find any control panel It says processor graphics in use is intel HD graphics I believe this laptop would've had the graphics incorporated with the motherboard or something so it would not be replaceable or removeable but I don't seem to have it at all nbsp My PC even has a little Nvidia GeForce sticker logo on it under where the intel inside core i sticker is next to the fingerprint reader nbsp I currently have windows nbsp Does anyone know what the issue is or was I just ripped by HP or something What can I do now nbsp EDIT I would also like to add that sometimes my laptop screen would freeze and blank for a few seconds then a pop up message appears that my graphics stopped working or something and just restored then it's back to normal this would happen sometimes often when doing extensive online games

A:Nvidia Graphics Driver Unable To Find Compatible Graphics Ha...

@Brisk1? This is the Nvidia driver for you laptop. REO
Relevancy 56.76%

I live in Germany and only want to order HP board? dv6610eg - USB/power Compatible Pavilion connector products from Germany The original spare part - is too expensive here for such an HP Pavilion dv6610eg - Compatible USB/power connector board? old notebook Hence I search for compatible USB power connector boards nbsp My notebook was in repair during its warranty time Obviously even HP did replace the power connector board with another one because my current one has the model number DDAT APB nbsp Could sth happen to my hardware when using a spare part having the following characteristics both connectors from the power board to the mainboard fitthe connector from the power supply to the power jack fitsthe power of W is correct nbsp nbsp Is the DC jack pin size of mm correct nbsp nbsp I consider buying a part with the modell number DA AT TB F German According to this page English many HP spare parts and model numbers should be compatible to each other or am I getting sth wrong nbsp HP PartSurfer does not show any compatible products nbsp My current power connector board http www directupload net file d nk mwrca jpg htmhttp www directupload net file d f rdk uo jpg htmhttp www directupload net file d gzgvmz jpg htmhttp www directupload net file d fjb byg jpg htmhttp www directupload net file d kkaw uj jpg htmhttp www directupload net file d ys ww jpg htmhttp www directupload net file d prlt tw jpg htm nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I recently starting working on upgrading an old Lenovo H I purchased a EVGA GTX and a W power supply along with a new case I plugged in my video card before I installed the new drivers and it did not boot up It Black on, on Screen graphics, board Graphics and c... gave me a black screen After this I unplugged the video card and tried it with the integrated graphics which were working before I moved everything to the new case and switched power supplies I got all the adapters After I did this the integrated graphics VGA still gave me a black screen I then performed a CMOS reset by moving the pin thing tried this multiple times I dont even know if I did this correctly And by removing the battery next to the pins for minutes Just for additional information Everything is powering on And I do assume the motherboard is working since I can directly power it on by the front case switch
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to install a Sony MPEG RealTime encoder board on my Gateway GT5408 Vista Home Premium. When I try to install the driver it says, "Your version of Sony MPEG RealTime encoder board isn't compatible with this version of Windows" It also says, "Sony Corporation may have upgrades or other possible solutions to help make this device compatible with this version of Windows". So I am wondering if there is a program I can download to make this driver compatible with vista home premium. What do I have to do so the Sony MPEG RealTime encoder board is compatible with vista?

A:Sony MPEG RealTime encoder board isn't compatible with Vista

You would need to buy a newer version of that program that is compatible with Vista.