Windows Support Forum

Server/network problem

Q: Server/network problem

Hello I am having a very strange problem between of the computers at work small business problem Server/network - we pay for IT support but they say that they cannot find a problem so therefore are unable to help I ll try to explain the problem - We have a server network with computers and phones Computer computer is where the IT support have looked but see no problem On all the computers we have Roboform toolbar and programme and also Avaya Phone manager Computer - sometimes logs in to Computer s Phone Manager automatically without asking which causes Computer to make phone calls through Server/network problem Computer s phone We have spoken to the software developers who also have no idea how to help Now computer is also logging in to Computer but on roboform which means they have full access to all computer s passwords which they have saved I deleted the Roboform profile on Computer and created a new profile - but when I checked on Computer - their profile is now deleted and is now logged in as Computer Again contacted software developers who have no idea I hope some of that makes sense If someone has any ideas please let me know it s driving me mad and also very unsecure Thanks Jai nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Server/network problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Server/network problem

Avaya IP Office Installation:
Please read the FAQ and see / verify the issues discussed.

When you follow-up, tells us what you did and the new status.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-network-problem.176975/
Relevancy 53.32%

i have the server with windows SP and i executed replication active directory domain controller on the new server as i have two servers all with computer in the client server 2003 problem network client/server windows expect one client computer work ok onthe problematically computer is with the windows me problem is when i shut down old server the computer with win me drop out from domain and he don t see new server when i power on old server the client computer work ok i deinstalled the win me on this computer and i installed to him win xp pro but problem is same this computer don t see new server and he don t see others client computers in network problem with client computer in the client/server network windows server 2003 what i do i tryed to make new user account but nothing i can t because of this computer don t see new server on client computer light green indicator on network adapter Realtek d all the time i use commands ping with the ip address of server with the name of server nothing ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ip address of old server is and new server maybe problem is when i type ipconfig in dosprompt on new server i receive DNS server and DHCP plz help me thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-client-computer-in-the-client-server-network-windows-server-2003.617978/
Relevancy 51.17%

ok I've got quite a complicated problem to explain but hopefully there'll be an easy solution I've a vista pc which Im setting up as a web server and email server It connects to the internet via internal server with Problem on network web a netgear wireless point connecting to a bt Problem with internal network on web server voyager v adsl router Externally if i go to Domain Names - Your Web Identity domain name registration top level domain names domain name auction domain name suffix information i want to register a domain name where can i buy a domain name business domain names domain transfer request f i get the live website being hosted by the vista pc therefore I know the porting forwarding is working but when on the vista pc if i go to the same website Problem with internal network on web server i get the admin panel for the bt voyager router Can anyone explain whats going on and how to fix it also externally i can connect to the mail server using outlook but internally i just get errors Any help or advice wil be welcomed

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/147678-problem-internal-network-web-server.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey,
I have a D-LINK DI-624 Wireless router. I am using Bulletproof FTP SERVER on my computer which on the network ends in the IP .102. I went to my router options and went to DMZ and changed it to ending in .102. For some reason when I access my FTP server with my "network ip" 192.168.1.102, it works, but when trying my real ip (www.whatismyip.com), it doesn't work. Why does this happen? How can I fix it? Thanks.

A:Problem Accessing Ftp Server From Outside The Network

Have you forwareded the FTP ports (in your router setup) to point to your FTP server (the .102 system)?

Also, I've used Bulletproof FTP server and it's an excellent program. BUT! I received an average of 8 attempts to access my system each night after it had been running a while. Make sure you've set good passwords for it!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73123/problem-accessing-ftp-server-from-outside-the-network/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone, ive got a server running windows server 2003, 1 windows 7 pro desktop attached to the router, several other desktops attatched to a switch which then goes into the server and 3 laptops connected via wifi to the router. All of the desktops on the network (the ones connected directly to the server and the one connected to the router) and one of the laptops have internet and are able to access the drives on the server. But the other 2 laptops (which were working fine yesterday) have internet access but when they are unable to access the file server and get a message saying the location is not available. The other laptop is working fine so i can only assume its an issue with the other 2 laptops. I hope you guys can help, I cant think of whats up!

A:Network Server access problem

Hello,

Do you have a domain configured? If so are the laptops on the Domain?

Check the amount of CALs installed on the Server. Can you give us an IPconfig of the Server and laptops? - Check that the DNS is set to the Server (if applicable).
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220417-network-server-access-problem.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hello new to any type of torum like this so sorry if this isn't the right place for this i have a dell inspiron laptop with windows xp home edition version service pack this computer had been used for questionable surfing activities possibly without any antivirus maybe no firewall i haven't been able to get online with this computer for a long long time and recently i've been trying to figure not a but problem? have is network I found, connection winsock server out why over the last couple of days i've probably done a lot more harm than good as i've tried to solve this problem but hopefully it can still be saved in network connections it I have a network connection but server is not found, winsock problem? shows i am connected to a wireless router that works fine as it connects the computer i'm currently on when i try to open a webpage server is not found for firefox and internet explorer just sits there trying to connect when i run windir network diagnostic xpnetdiag exe i kept getting a message that said there was a problem with winsock catalog although after my attempts to fix this now network diagnostics just tells me to contact the company that provides support here's what i've done to make matters worse i've reinstalled service pack no good reason just thought i'd try this i've installed comodo firewall i've installed avast found many trojans and rootkits done boot time scans still found rootkit on the last boot time scan i've installed malware bytes found several trojans i've installed superantispyware found a couple things i've installed spybot found a couple things i've installed ccleaner and privazer just to see if that could somehow help i ran winsockfix exe did i mention i don't know what i'm doing i ran winsockxpfix exe in for a penny in for a pound i followed directions found at support microsoft that had me delete some winsock things from the registry install tcp ip of course this did not work either i don't know what ipconfig exe does but on my computer an internal error occurs and the request is not supported it's also unable to query host name at this point i'm surprised it still turns on on the upside i fixed the cd drive which had stopped working by uninstalling the hardware and then it reinstalled itself when restarted got that idea from bleepingcomputer so i figured i'd ask this question here i feel sorry for the person that decides to help me i'm good with a telescope i know a lot about rocks i can run heavy equipment get a computer online not so much any attempt to help with this is greatly appreciated thanks jb

A:I have a network connection but server is not found, winsock problem?

Hi liquiescapes  On a working computer with a USB flash drive to download and transfer logs and software, Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply. Download then run Farbar Service Scanner and checkmark all boxes.Click Scan and then a Notepad text will open. Copy-Paste the report on your next reply.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501132/i-have-a-network-connection-but-server-is-not-found-winsock-problem/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a problem that has me stumped I have a Ubuntu Media Server OS Version running Samba I have a Win laptop upgraded in August from and Win desktop upgraded Jan th from Windows The laptop doesn't or very rarely discovers the Samba shares Windows sees the two Windows Ubuntu/Samba Network Problem Server Discovery 10 with other Windows PC's under the Network section It doesn't seen to recognize the printer attached to the server Print jobs seem to disappear into nowhere even though the printer is quot Windows 10 Network Discovery Problem with Ubuntu/Samba Server there quot under devices Windows 10 Network Discovery Problem with Ubuntu/Samba Server It is also seen in Belarc Advisor It does however always recognize the mapped drives of the individual Samba shares on the server It also discovers the Plex Media Server I have installed It is under the Media Devices Section in Network The desktop under both Win and discovers Windows 10 Network Discovery Problem with Ubuntu/Samba Server both the Network shares and the samba shares and the network printer connected to it as well as the Plex Media Server I've attempted to match setting for setting from the desktop to the laptop Advanced Sharing Options but that hasn't solved the problem Because it works on one system and not the other I don't see where my Samba configuration is the problem Anyone have any ideas

A:Windows 10 Network Discovery Problem with Ubuntu/Samba Server

There is a fix to disable SMB 2 & 3 on Windows. It is on a past thread and should be in the tutorials.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/37351-windows-10-network-discovery-problem-ubuntu-samba-server.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Can any one suggest me Step by Step guide to setup Network File Server and Network Print Server

Operating System if possible XP otherwise Windows 2000 Server
Thankssss a lot in advance

A:Step by Step guide to setup Network File Server and Network Print Server

1. RTM (Read The Manual for the Network File Server).
2. Follow the manual's instructions for setup.
3. RTM (Read The Manual for the Network Print Server).
4. Follow the manual's instructions for setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/step-by-step-guide-to-setup-network-file-server-and-network-print-server.1054988/
Relevancy 48.16%

I just don t understand it Heres what 4 of network issue. browser problem? duty 680i controller call server happens I ll load call of duty and go search for servers works great finds who knows how many servers go into a server and play for a little i ll decide to change servers a little later go back to the browser search and it starts quot searching quot thru thousands of servers and nothing comes up refresh it or times i ll be lucky if servers come up i ve reinstalled the game times patched it to and then each call of duty 4 server browser issue. 680i network controller problem? time the other issue it has is sometimes I ll try to connect to a server and it just sits at this screen saying quot verifying Key quot or something of the like about seconds later it ll say quot server connection timeout quot basically saying it couldn t connect It ll drop me back to the main menu where I ll go to refresh the server list again and then nothing comes up even though it ll search like servers My key is valid and i ve had it for like a year now I m thinking about just getting a PCI Express network card and forgetting about the onboard network controllers but I don t know if thats actually the problem and I m not pissing away if its not going to fix it I ve reinstalled the chipset drivers and I ve uninstalled the Forceware Access manager which was DOUBLING my ping on COD servers that actually worked nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/call-of-duty-4-server-browser-issue-680i-network-controller-problem.788541/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Guys,

Is there a way via scipting to force a pc to refresh their local printer
settings from the print server ? We have enabled Duplexing as the default for
printing ( conserve that paper ! ) for our HP Laserjet printers on the
Print Server, but if a user goes on their local printer settings and unchecks
duplexing, it will not re-pull that device setting from the print server
unless you delete and then re-add the printer on the local machine. Is there
a way to have the printer settings pulled from the server without have to
delete and then readd the locally installed network printer ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forcing-a-refresh-of-network-printer-settings-from-print-server-server.600852/
Relevancy 46.87%

A friend is moving his business and the new business park that he's setting up shop in internet. network LAN server/client server only, for for USB hotspot does not have anyway to get any wired internet to his building excluding a T line which he can't justify the cost of One windows machine acts as the server primarily for Quickbooks database and there are two other windows machines that are clients reading off said database He's getting one of those usb dongles for wireless internet service for the server only the other two computers will be tethered to a smartphone for internet for QB and windows updates periodically They do NOT want to share the servers wireless connection to the other machines My only concern was if the server LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. will continue to try to check the LAN for internet connectivity or will it check both network connections when one fails or is there a setting I can tell them to change to ensure it knows to go to the wireless dongle for internet all the time without interfering with the workstations talking to the server over the LAN to get to the database The setup at the old office LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet. was business class DSL they are using a relatively new Linksys router which had the DSL authentication information Thank you

A:LAN network for server/client only, USB hotspot for server internet.

I managed to find a solution this morning, for anyone that's interested, the whole article is here: Multiple Network Connections at the Same Time on Windows | Ivan Zlatev

But the short answer is, under the advanced properties of TCP/IP v4, uncheck automatic metric, set your internet to a value of 1, and the LAN to a value of 9999.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263541-lan-network-server-client-only-usb-hotspot-server-internet.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm very knew to the networking scene in my job and I'd like to know if there is a way to test the speed that a file could be transfered from server to server. For example, the file is located on the Brisbane server (\\brisbane) and I would like to transfer it to the Mackay server (\\mackay) located 1000+km away. This file is approx 630MB and I don't want to slow the network traffic down too much so I need to know how long it will take to transfer.

Relevancy 44.72%

hello engineers,
how r yo all? Guys i need your help.
My problem is windows 7 hangs and freeze when access 2003 server Enterprise edition . This is not a small network, one of the biggest network.
i have doubt on individual users on domain.before 2 months we had department wise users mean, for example [email protected] But after we created the individual users like [email protected] to all users.
this is i believe the cause of problem. When we acess the server via the software it freezed for 5 seconds and then repeat to normal state. And after some time it hangs for 2 minutes.
we r a big company ,producing daily basis.hmmmm Openly very large media and press company. please any one know the exact problem? Thanks

A:windows 7 client and 2003 server: network Slow in very big Network !!

Hi Mohamed and Welcome to SF,

Pls. check your Server's Event Viewers error logs, especially DNS errors.

What type of Security or AV Software do you have installed in your Server?

Will it be possible for you to post an ipconfig /all output of one Win7 machine and the Server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185072-windows-7-client-2003-server-network-slow-very-big-network.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

The procedure is as follows:
---------------------------------
Right-click databases -> Restore Database
I mark 'from device', click the '...' button & select 'File' in the dropdown, then brows to the file itself. Under 'select the backup sets to restore' I check the only checkbox there, then in the 'To Database' I select the name of the database in the file (a new DB name appears there as you select the file).

Then I press OK and receive the error message in the attached file.
I need to be able to complete the import.

Thanks,
Daniel.

A:Problem importing SQL Server 2000 *.bak files into SQL server 2005

Is this at all possible?
Is this the right forum?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-importing-sql-server-2000-bak-files-into-sql-server-2005.500182/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello I have read a few similar posts and the resolutions but it doesn t appear to be working for me Any help is appreciated I apologize if I am leaving out any important info I m running a Windows XP PC wired to a Verizon FIOS modem router model MI no assign not did address" DNS a server, no "Network gateway, network Solved: Default WR I have a second computer connected via wire to this and a third computer connected wirelessly As of hours ago and for months all machines have worked fine My PC froze while playing a game and I reset it This is not common but it has happened before without issue upon start up However this time I received a limited no connectivity message When repair was attempted it didn t work because quot the network did not assign a network address to the computer quot The nd and rd PC work fine though Back on my first PC when I view the details there is a physical address IP address and subnet mask BUT there is no Default Gateway DNS Server or WINS Server I have tried the other suggestions I read about RESET TCP Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server, IP stack and RESET WINSOCK entries then restarting my machine but neither of these worked Under device manager my NVIDEA nForce networking adapter says it is working properly and there isn t any red X Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server, or yellow indicators The only weird thing I saw which i have not seen discussed here is when I run IPCONFIG ALL It says IP Routing enabled NO and WINS Proxy enabled NO Thank you in advance for any help and please let me know if you need some additional information Thanks D nbsp

A:Solved: "Network did not assign a network address" no Default gateway, no DNS server,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-did-not-assign-a-network-address-no-default-gateway-no-dns-server.983791/
Relevancy 39.99%

None of our workstations can see server in network place which is running windows server standard Computers are all on same workgroup I can ping server by IP or name from all workstations and receive response Server can also ping workstations by IP or name and receive response F drive is mapped to all workstations and reconnects at logon All computers have static IP We have win XP on network Following services are started on server Computer Browser DHCP Client DNS Client Network Connetions Network Location Awareness RPC Server TCP IP Netbois helper Workstation Recently server restarts about twice or thrice a week I don t know if this hardware or software related Could anybody please help Microsoft Windows Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- TEMSIK lt network server on see Cannot gt UNIQUE Registered TEMSIK lt gt UNIQUE Registered FRBSERVER lt gt GROUP Registered FRBSERVER lt E gt GROUP Registered FRBSERVER lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Documents and Settings Administrator gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name TEMSIK Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO CT Network Connection Physical Address - - -B - - DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers C Documents and Settings Administrator gt nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I know how to run fax server role on win server or how to setup fax on windows 7. But I want to run Fax server on windows 7, So I can use a Win7 machine as Fax server and other clients connect to this machine.

Is there any way?

Thanks in advance

A:Network fax server with Win 7 Pro box

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Fax server role is only part of a Windows Server and not on any Windows clients.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/368079-network-fax-server-win-7-pro-box.html
Relevancy 39.99%

So, I just finished my home server and installed Server 2008 R2. I have the server, 2 desktops & 2 laptops that are all connected to my Fios Router. My parent's have a home network with 3 computers at their house and my inlaws have 2 computers at their house. What is the easiest way to get them all connected??

Thanks!

A:Server & Network Help

Server 2008 R2 Standard is the license I have...

Anybody?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/174411-server-network-help.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Ok so here is the setup nbsp I have a Server R one old Windows Server acting as a nas and Windows clients with the exception of one windows xp machine nbsp No matter what does Server not under network appear I do when I click Network on the left side of the Windows Explorer window it will create a list of all the workstations and the k server but it will never show the Server nbsp No matter what I Server does not appear under network do nbsp I've turned on Computer Browser I've disabled the firewall on the server nothing nbsp It shows every workstation and the k Server does not appear under network server but never the k Server nbsp Builds a nice list of the network but never shows the k Server nbsp I have lost my mind trying to solve this problem nbsp The Windows XP machine sees it my one loan vista machine that comes in once in a a while sees it under network places but the Windows machines will never show it nbsp If someone can explain if i'm losing my mind or am I the only one that has this issue To reitterate a Windows Server R machine will not show up on the list of network computers when you click Network on the left side of a Windows explorer window nbsp Also yes Network Discovery and the Computer Browser are both turned on on the server and the workstations nbsp Also the Server sees everyone else but not itself nbsp

A:Server does not appear under network

Hi,
Network discovery requires that the DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host services are started, you may check this on both sides to make sure they are started.
If you have any feedback on our support, please click
hereAlex Zhao
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6e133d2c-d0b8-48b0-8b32-94d6b010a224/server-does-not-appear-under-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all. We have a number of NT 4 servers, one of which is PRINTSVR, a print server for our NT Workstation network. We have approximately 58 printers setup on this server and for the most part they work great. Something weird is happening, though, on an irregular basis.

On occasion the server will not print Excel spreadsheets and the only way to get it to print them is to reboot. It's not a specific printer problem because once this starts it affects all the printers. The print jobs run through their respective queues indicating that they're spooling, printing, and then they disappear and nothing comes out of the printer(s).

One of our employees has mentioned that she has noticed that the problem occurs after she has attempted to cancel a job. The next time she attempts to print from Excel nothing happens.

Any ideas? Anything would help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-4-server-having-a-problem-as-a-print-server.28364/
Relevancy 39.56%
Relevancy 39.56%

how do i see the macintosh machines from my nt server? i can see the server from the macs. Please be very specific and detailed!!!! there is no apple talk protocol in my protocols, and i have installed services for macintosh 32 times!!!

A:win nt 4.0 server connecting to mac network

Greetings

Do your MAC machines use AppleTalk? If so, then you will need to install AppleTalk the protocol on the Server.

Open up the networking Applet in Control panel. Go to the protocols tab, and click on the "Add" button. From the list, somewhere will be AppleTalk. Select it. You might be asked now for your NT server CD. Make sure the Cd is in the CD-ROM. After installation, reboot. You should also rerun the service pack.

Cheers

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-nt-4-0-server-connecting-to-mac-network.28521/
Relevancy 39.56%

can you help my?
I move my network to a new office and now I can not contect to the server nor find it?

A:my network can't finf my server

you will need to provide a lot more information than that .....

whats the network, whos your ISP , how are you connected - via a cable or telephone line
what routers / modems do you have
new office - is this just a move of a pc to a new location in a building or to a new building
are you using wireless or a lan ?
make and model of PC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-network-cant-finf-my-server.786269/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello there I have a newb question I hope you guys might be able to help me with I m fine Network Server Business & with setting up workstations under Windows XP editing the registry adding and deleting accounts modifying local security policies and Business Server & Network using administrative tools etc I m also fine with basic networking creating net shares and sharing files between computers etc But I ve been asked by my uncle to set him up a network with Windows Server and I d really like to go ahead with it -- think it would be some good experience He s ordered a Dell PowerEdge server and there s plenty of Dell machines in the office already What I previously did for him was install XP on the machines from scratch then create a limited account in the name of the person to be using the machine alongside the built-in Administrator account I then locked this down a bit by editing the security policies to prevent the user from editing the start menu changing the system time or adding removing new toolbars from the taskbar etc There was one machine locked away in the back where the server will go which was the server of sorts just an XP installation with some network sharing folders on it Would then add these as network drives to each of the workstations The aims with the new PowerEdge server are to share Microsoft Outlook calendars and contacts and also file sharing A copy of Microsoft Exchange Server came with the machine would I be able to use this The domain the e-mail will come from is hosted with simply com how do I use the POP Connector to retrieve and send email through it Or will I have to get them to have a static IP address and change the MX Records on the domain Basically any quick pointers on places to look or things to do would be great I m quite young and only really getting into PC networks I use and program for the Mac at home so I m not sure what I m doing in terms of setting this whole thing up Also how do I create a domain and add client computers to it It would be great if people could login on any workstation and be able to access their email and files Any help is appreciated sorry for having to write so much Rich nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Edit I changed the title to a more appropriate one Hi I hope i can properly explain my plan Unfortunately my network skills are abyssmal I have a pc with all my files and this pc receives its internet connection throigh a small usb wifi dongle The accesspoint i connect Wireless Server my own - network to belongs to Server - my own Wireless network the owner of the house i live in I would like to use this pc as file server and internet connection for my laptop and other wireless devices So instead of connecting the laptop to the aformentioned AP i connect to Server - my own Wireless network my pc via my own AP and get both internet connectivity and access to my files Is that possible Its a p z -v pro gen mobo with Server - my own Wireless network gigabit ethernet and i have tplink wireless n router which i intended to use as quot my AP quot Is it possible to bring both the internet which comes from the usb dongle and my files to the tplink router which then broadcasts it to my laptop Otherwise i would not know how to connect my laptop to both the AP of the house owner and to my fileserver Help is really welcome Chris

A:Server - my own Wireless network

If you follow this tutorial while your wifi is connected to the net follow this totorial
Internet Connection Sharing - Enable

But substitute the way the tut says pick your Wifi connection and share that with your lan card.

I do this with my wifi and connect my computers and another wifi router with a 8 port network switch. The only part where you will have to do some digging is finding out how to turn your router into a access point. The only reason I use a network switch ( sometimes called a dumb router ) is because all my lan cards are gigabit and my wifi router is 100 megabits also the other benefit of a network switch is there is no configuration needed just plug everything in and it works. If you get your laptop connected with no problems we can tackle your access point later

Just to clarify connect your laptop to the PC with a lan cable no need to get special cable Gigabit lans should auto sense what type of cable it is

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358442-server-my-own-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I m cautious to post this in networking because it may end a Access MS over SQL network Server to up being a SQL Access error in the end but we don t have a solid lead on where this bottleneck is occuring For a project we re currently working on we have a local access database that contains various MS Access to SQL Server over a network tables for a PC inventory containing roughly PCs and related apps hardware etc The database sits at around MB on disk all told and interfaces with an MS-SQL server back end The database is loaded out onto flash drives and given to various assessors and deployers for use We have a MS Access to SQL Server over a network version that draws directly from the SQL tables but we also have a local version that updates local tables only so it can be used directly on the workstations being assessed without the ODBC connection to the server The issue comes with uploading the local data to the SQL server When sitting in the data center where the SQL server is located the upload of all of the local tables takes roughly minutes This is on a gigabit link hovering around - mb s utilization When we take the database out to a remote site hospital environment large pipes the upload time balloons out into the hour or two hour region The issue here is that the utlization hovers around or - mb s on a gigabit link out at the remote sites when files can be transferred alongside the SQL upload from the data center without issue We ve asked the network team to look into any sort of policies or subnet issues that might affect the traffic differences we re seeing but they re slow to take any of the fault in the matter What I m looking for are any possible root causes on the network end or any firsthand knowledge of the manner in which Access update queries would throttle back based on response times nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-to-sql-server-over-a-network.907457/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello People I am having a slight issues configuring the network cards on my server I have a onboard network card and a additonal one and both cards have on server 2 network cards been detected on the network connections The operating system i am running in windows serve which has the hyper v console on it my aim is to run virtual machines on hyper v I was told i should use one 2 network cards on server network card for the physical host and the nd network card for the virtual machines Im not sure how to set this up or if i have set this up I have created a virtual switch on hyper v and have selected which network card will be used for the virtual machines however in network connections only one network card seems active how do i know which card is being used for the physcial or if its been used or shared with the virtual host This seems very confusing and i would appreciate your help Thanks nbsp

A:2 network cards on server

There are some configurations (usually involving more than one server) which recommend and/or require two or more network adapters, but you don't need two nics just to be able to have network access on your VMs in Hyper-V.

When you created virtual network switch and assigned nic to it, that is the nic your VMs use for network access.

If I remember it right, depending on the options you chose:
-VMs may be on their own network (no host access or Internet);
-VMs and host;
-VMs, host, Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-network-cards-on-server.1111670/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, I have a pc running Windows XP Pro. This was formerly connected to my office server and so still has the server login settings etc. I now wish to use this computer as a stand alone home pc and so wish to remove or disable these settings as they seem to be slowing things down, especially shortcuts to excel and word workbooks. Does anyone know what I need to do?
Many thanks
~Gary

A:Server network settings

Quote: Originally Posted by Gazza13

Hi, I have a pc running Windows XP Pro. This was formerly connected to my office server and so still has the server login settings etc. I now wish to use this computer as a stand alone home pc and so wish to remove or disable these settings as they seem to be slowing things down, especially shortcuts to excel and word workbooks. Does anyone know what I need to do?
Many thanks
~Gary

Welcome to the windows 7 forums Gazza13

first you need to log onto the machine as an administrator and un join from the domain that you were joined to.

If you know the password of the local machine administrator account, you can log on to the local machine instead of the domain and then unjoin from the domain.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206140-server-network-settings.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I am trying to use the FTP client integrated into windows 7 to connect to a local server all the other machines on this network can connect to. All the settings seem the same. The server allows 50 concurrent connections. I am not sure why this one machine (LAN over Gigabit Switch) can't connect with the same credentials as all other machines on the network. I've looked at the firewall settings and allowed port 21 for the negotiation of the connection and listing the directory.

I am going to make a new user and password and see if that solves it.

A:Can't connect to FTP Server from one PC on the Network

Problem is solved. Anyone know why that could be? Does the client keep every machine logged in all the time and only so many connections are allowed from each user? This is a question for the CrushFTP forum now!

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323428-cant-connect-ftp-server-one-pc-network.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have my home server in a room upstairs and I want to be able to take over control of its desktop mouse keyboard from my wifi laptop which I have in my living room I have tried Remote Desktop and Remote Assisitance so far and from what I can gather here are the drawbacks according to network one's elsewhere the Controlling server from on what I want to do Remote Desktop - The problem with this is that the administrator of the server has to log back into windows once the remote desktop session has finished and of course this cannot be done remotely - not an ideal situation for a file server that is in a room upstairs Controlling one's server from elsewhere on the network I have tried setting the windows registry to auto-logon which works when switching the PC on but not when coming off a Remote Desktop session Remote Assistance - The invitation thing makes it annoying because I would have to keep going to the server every so often to set up invitations Is there any other option that you think is better for what I need I want to be able to Controlling one's server from elsewhere on the network control the home server without ever coming close to it I want there to be full trust between the two PCs so that I won t have to invite approve invite etc I don t really want the server to log off as the normal user either like with remote desktop thanks nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

My desktop with Vista is the one that is wired. I could see the desktop server name under the network on Macbook OS X Yosemite and could get any files I want to from the desktop. However, it's not the reverse. I must have turned something off without realizing its affecting the networking. I did check the services and make sure anything related to network, remote, and peer sharing is all automatic and started. Still no luck...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-server-not-shown.1150323/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,

I have a HP Proliant server that for some reason did not come with a CD player installed, it has a internal non-hotswappable SATA drive that just crashed the other day..I have HP sending me another drive, but I need to know if there's a way to boot thru the network (has the capability) and load the Windows Server 2003 CD thru that way..if so what are the steps to booting this server from another computer thru the network??

Thanks for any help!

Relevancy 39.56%

Here from server access within network my Can't the s my setup I ve got a cable modem that s connected to the internet and to my Can't access my server from within the network router Connected to my router I have a laptop wifi and two desktops - my server and my desktop My router is set to forward all ports to my server When I ask other people to try and access my public IP or my domain name http zoklet net from outside of my network they are able to get there with no problem When I try to access the server from within the network with its my external IP or domain name the connection times out I can access my server if I use the local IP Obviously I would like to be able to access my server from inside the network with my external IP or domain name I know I can just edit etc hosts and add a line for my server but I don t want to have to do that for each computer that connects to my network My router is a Netgear WGR v and my modem is a Motorola Surfboard Any help please nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

hi i have a question and i hope this is the right forum i have a business pc is used for reading email and sending email pc is used for ? server business network , , the cashier program installed on this machine which is then connected to the cash register out in the shop this is what i want i want to have pc in the office for sending and reading email i want the cash register to remain the same as it is and i want another pc in the work shop to print out work orders for repairs and last but least i want a machine to host a website business , network , server ? it doesnt really matter how muich i have business , network , server ? to invest in this but i dont need a monster system either i just want a wireless set up and - machine connected to the could you guys please let me know what i would need t get this up and running how many pc s amp a server hub router cheers T nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello forum i just purchased an x-fi surround pro and an logilink usb network server UA an usb hub connected to my router so i can combine them and have my soundcard connected to my laptop without any cables The usb server support up to mbps speeds so i server pro BSOD network X-fi + changed my card settings from hi-speed to full speed But that wasnt enough The sound card can now BSOD X-fi pro + network server be connected from the hub and it also seem t be connected to BSOD X-fi pro + network server the laptop But when i try to play a sound or a song i can hear secs of it and then boom Blue screen of death teling me that genHC sys caused a problem I cant figure this out and have searched a lot on google I'm using windows on an asus n vz with litterly all drivers updated have also tried to install the PAX driver for my x-fi but still nothing I'm sorry for my bad engish and BSOD X-fi pro + network server thank you all in advance windows report for bsod Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA C EF C E BCP BCP FFFFF D A B BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users George AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Search Microsoft com cid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I have attached the Windows Vista jcgriff thing but the perfmor always give me this Error An error occured while attempting to generate the report The wait for the report generation tool to finish has timed out

A:BSOD X-fi pro + network server

Hi -

All dumps name GeneLink USB Driver as the probable cause -

Code:

GenHC.sys Mon Oct 5 23:11:35 2009 (4ACAB567)

It needs to be updated, but I can't seem to locate one.

Contact the company and inquire - http://www.genelink.com/newsite/support.asp

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Fri Oct 5 12:11:32.505 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\100512-61573-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
System Uptime: 0 days 0:49:07.364
BugCheck 50, {fffffa8c0ef7c2e0, 0, fffff8800d97a3b0, 5}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GenHC.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GenHC.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : GenHC.sys ( GenHC+e3b0 )
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffffa8c`0ef7c2e0, memory referenced. 00000000`00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation. fffff880`0d97a3b0, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory ss. 00000000`00000005, (reserved)
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_GenHC+e3b0
MaxSpeed: 2300
CurrentSpeed: 2294
BiosVersion = N76VZ.207
BiosReleaseDate = 05/23/2012
SystemManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
SystemProductName = N76VZ
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Oct 5 11:21:51.241 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\100512-39764-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:23:12.100
BugCheck 50, {fffffa8c10fa9e40, 0, fffff88008aeb3b0, 5}
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffffa8c`10fa9e40, memory referenced. 00000000`00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation. fffff880`08aeb3b0, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory ss. 00000000`00000005, (reserved)
BiosVersion = N76VZ.207
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Oct 5 10:58:09.666 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\100512-42947-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:36:44.524
BugCheck 50, {fffffa8c0e86a1b0, 0, fffff8800b9583b0, 5}
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffffa8c`0e86a1b0, memory referenced. 00000000`00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation. fffff880`0b9583b0, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory ss. 00000000`00000005, (reserved)
BiosVersion = N76VZ.207
??... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-x-fi-pro-network-server-669337.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I want to add server(Intel PC with 2.8 P4 processor, 1GB RAM and 80GB harddisk) to my private network (not accessible from outside).

I have 50 users in my network ( approximately 30 users login at same time)

what simple good things that I could have on the server( website, forum,...) and what OS should I install on it?

I want ideas from you that you have tried.

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello Everyone I need some advice on my network at work Let me explain what we have right now We are running We are running different servers currently each serving their own purpose and Server Need Three Network Advice the various workstations approx are each mapped to the individual servers All of the servers have windows XP Professional Edition installed on them Server has Fabritrak running on it which is an application that controls our wireless bar coding software for tracking jobs and parts on our shop floor We are a sheet-metal fabricating job shop Server which contains all our AutoCAD drawings an application which transfers programs to our machines contains data backups for all desktop computers and runs our Accounting software Mas Need Advice Three Server Network Well before we had the accounting software on a separate server and never had problems I decided since we were upgrading the software we might as well put it on the new faster server with all the AutoCAD stuff The problem I am having now is the XP pro limitations Only people can be connected to it at a time and people keep getting booted off it because we have more than people at a time that need to access it I am unsure how to approach this My family owns the company and they said they want the accounting software on a separate server the wireless bar coding on its own server and the AutoCAD and program transferring software on its own server So they want three servers total What would be the wise networking approach for a situation such as this Our accounting software has been running very slow since I put it on the NEW server I bought a couple copies of Windows Server Small Business Standard Edition and built new servers I am unsure if I should be using a domain but if I did how would it be configured or should I still use a workgroup network as I have been I know Domains are good for central administration which would be great I am confused on how to approach this Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I realize that there s probably a million different threads with a similar issue but none of them have thus far been helpful I m running a personal media server web server It s completely accessible from inside my network It is also accessible outside of my network but within my university network As in I can access it SSH into it play movies Can't outside of network access server from it etc as long as I am on campus somewhere The catch is I can t access it if I am off campus All of my ports are forwarded what I believe to Can't access server outside of network be correctly As long as my computer has an IP that is managed by campus it works Anything else does not As always our campus help desk is less than helpful However they claim to not be blocking any ports My setup is through a DD-WRT v -sp mini to an apache server simply put I m out of ideas When I do a port scan Can't access server outside of network like from Shields-Up it says all ports are closed However they are open on my router and should appear open to a scan I would think nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-server-outside-of-network.984069/
Relevancy 39.56%

Morning everyone,

I am having a nightmare with my lap top and I was wondering if anyone could help me please?

I can only connect to the internet at home and at one other wi-fi spot. All other places it says connected so it finds the wi-fi but then it says 'No Internet Access'. When I trouble shoot it says that the The DNS Server cannot connect to the Network.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Anys help would be greatly appreciated.

Emma

Relevancy 39.56%

I am looking to upgrade our TV to use as a monitor for a server I built to keep our videos on. The TV we have now only has S-video' Any suggestions as to how to use what I have or what should I upgrade to?

A:Monitoring my network server

Monitors are so cheap these days... In our part of the world, the White Elephant, Salvation Army, and GoodWill sell 19" monitors fo $5.00 as the world is donating them when they move to LCD.
You can find TV's that will work, but at relatively low resolution, and always too much trouble to be worth the aggravatioin.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitoring-my-network-server.105543/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all

i know this is not related to win7, but i just wanna know if i can have 2 Domain Controllers with different names, on the same network without they know each other on the network ?

like a test system ?

we have our running DC1 - and i want to add another DCT with another name for Test.
but on the same network so i can use our RDS on DC1 to connect to DCT ?

A:Server question - 2 DC's on same network

I believe so. I thought, with Server 2008 and up, there's no such thing as a PDC (Primary Domain Controller) anymore. I have two servers on my corporate network that act as DCs....both running Active Directory. I was told this was a good idea, in case one server goes down, the other handles AD roles. AD is replicated between the two.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273850-server-question-2-dcs-same-network.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I am adding a new NT server to an NT 4.0 network. When you sign on it won't take my administrator password. How can I go in and change it so it will take my administrator password so I can sign on to the Domain.

A:Adding NT server to NT network

Is this setup as a member server?

Try the local password you assigned it when you installed NT. This is normal behavior for member servers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-nt-server-to-nt-network.67977/
Relevancy 39.56%

In my network there is 35 computers connected through multiple switches. I also have 2 Network Printers. Now I want to setup 3 Server for this network, 1 as Linux server, 1 as Windows Server and 1 as print server.
Can anyone please help me out with the guide to do this. I am not a network admin, but I want to do this for a charitable organization to help them. Please help me. Thanx in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-server-network.905845/
Relevancy 39.56%

Trying to work in a small business we have 3 pc's networked (or used to be). Our back office pc can no longer access the network. The pc I'm working from is the "admin" and if I try accessing the back office pc from my workstation, I get an error saying the 'backoffice' server is not connected to the network. No changes have been made that I'm aware of and cannot figure out how to correct the problem. None of us are networking people. Does anyone know what I should be looking for?

Thanks,
Mike

A:server not found on network

Check the following links for advice on how to find the problem:

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/windowsxpnetworking/index.htm

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/explain/about-network-browsing.asp

Lots of good information there; if you don't understand something, just ask for an explanation here. Seems like PART of your network is functioning, so you should be able to narrow this down pretty quickly.

My first suggestion is to reboot the computer that seems to be off the network (which you've referred to as the "backoffice server"). Once that has been done, reboot the other computer (the one you call the admin" system). Rebooting each system gives both computers a good chance of being able to "see" one another; minor network glitches happen all the time, so a fresh reboot is always the best first step. That way, you know the network connections have just been reestablished, and you can work forward from there. This method doesn't solve every problem, but it is certainly worth a try before you start chasing cables and trying to apply "spaghetti logic" to the problem.

Your next step is to try to find the server from the admin system again; your problems might be solved by the reboots. If that doesn't work after the reboot, right-click on the Network Neighborhood icon and select the "Find Computer" option. Type in the network name of the other computer, and let Windows try to locate the server that way. Be patient, this can take a few minutes.

If still no joy, reboot the third system, then try to connect to each computer from the third system. If the third system can find both the "server" and the "admin" computers, you know the basic network is functional, and that the problem is most likely between those two systems. If any two computers can find one another, but neither "sees" the third system, the third system (or the network connection to it) is probably the culprit.

Keep that in mind; if two of them respond to one another, and the third one doesn't, focus on the third system. Check the network connections, starting at the back of the computer and working away from it.

One other thing to be aware of; if each system can still browse the Internet (as long as they have been configured to do so originally, of course) then you know the problem is confined to your LAN. If any of them that usually have Internet access CANNOT browse the 'net ( try to open Google, Yahoo, and www.bostondirtdogs.com as a test), then you'll know the problem affects BOTH the connection to the LAN and the access to the Internet.

The important points here are not to rush; take your time, be logical and methodical in your approach to solving this, and your chances of success increase greatly.

If you don't have a good basic grasp of networking in general, check here to get familiar with how networks function:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/home-network.htm/printable

http://www.homenethelp.com/home-network.asp

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/HomeNet-start.asp

Don't worry that those sites are referring to a home network; your office network isn't likely to differ much (if at all) from what is presented in those tutorials.

Good luck; ask any questions you might have about this, or if you need a clarification on something, and we'll try to help you resolve this without a lot of fuss or heartburn.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-not-found-on-network.425268/
Relevancy 39.56%

When I click network, the panel does its little animation thingy but comes back to the same menu. Any hints? Thanks.

A:C&C: Red Alert 2: YR I can't set up a network server...

;_; Please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-c-red-alert-2-yr-i-cant-set-up-a-network-server.491902/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I am struggling to understand this I have set up a new network for our school before this all the computers were attached to a network but there was no domain or user logon There are various printers pluged in around school in different buildings and these are all shared printers so could always be used When you log in as one of the new users server Network print there is an enormous list of printers in printers and faxes I want to get rid of those and set it up so that only some printers are available to user groups I have upgraded the domain controler to Windows server R and set it up as a printer server and then deployed the correct printers through group policy Network print server How do I get rid of all the redundant computers in a users printers and faxes list When I click on remove printer access is denied I m not sure I understand the difference between having the domain controller being a printer server and just having the printers plugged in and shared Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-print-server.950520/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,

I have multiple Win 7 Pro x64 machines and an Synology NAS "DS 122+"
I have Comodo Free Firewall installed on my PCs.

I can't see the NAS-Server under "Network". I have to connect via \\HomeNas\
Then a Window shows up and I can login.

My Question:
What is the reason that the NAS doesn't show up in "Network".

I have disconnected the internet from my router and deactived the Comodo firewall on my PC to see what happens. But no luck.

Thanks for your help.

A:NAS-Server only accessable with \\ - How to show it in Win 7 Network

Have you made sure that the NAS server is in the same workgroup or domain as the Win 7 machines? This could be a reason why it doesn't appear.

Workgroup Name - View and Change

Follow the above tutorial to find out the workgroup and to change it if necessary.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any appropriate steps on how to check or change the workgroup on the NAS itself

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304770-nas-server-only-accessable-how-show-win-7-network.html
Relevancy 39.13%

April I recently set up a network in my house which involves - pc's all of which have the same specs have extra memory - of which functions as my server and is the only pc that has a CD DVD Blue Ray drive and a terabyte hard drive -I also have a Buffalo terabyte multi media see music Network doesn't server. on station which basically acts as extra memory -The remaining pc's act as extenders which I distrubute to all the tv's in my home -I currently use Clone DVD to burn DVD's to my hard drive and Any DVD to burn Blu Rays Any DVD also is my copyright protection remover on both Network doesn't see music on server. DVD and Blu Network doesn't see music on server. Ray -I then use my movies to download cover art for media center -I currently have the ability to access all of my movies via media center on any of my extenders which have a quot MY Movies quot folder in media center Each extender has media center -The problem I have is I can't do the same for music When I insert a CD in my server the media center on the server sees it and asks if I want to copy to media center which I do However it Network doesn't see music on server. does not filter down to the extenders like DVD's and Blu Rays do -I've chosen the appropiate folders to monitor in media center and tried to tinker with my network settings but nothing seems to work Please does anybody have any ideas or suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong and any possible solutions

A:Network doesn't see music on server.

Your description is that of playing a CD over the network live as opposed to playing off a playlist on the server. I suggest ripping the CD music to a shared folder on the server as you did with the movies.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223157-network-doesnt-see-music-server.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I own a small Business and we are trying to set up a new wireless network. the building is 3 stories with many rooms and brick walls. My goal is to have wireless internet accessible in every room of the building and everyone who is connected to the network to have access to our main server with documents on it. What is the best way to go about this.

A:Setting up a wireless network/server

What is the best way to go about this.Click to expand...

Hire a networking consultant with experience in a difficult environment such as this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-a-wireless-network-server.971653/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello All,

I am trying to install printers on window 7 by use of a network. All printer are share by server 2003. I am install an hp 8150 and an xerox workcentra 4150. Both units have a static ip address which in the current xp enviroment these printer print fine.

For the hp 8150 i went to hp website and downloading the newest window 7 driver. When window does it search it can't find the correct drivers and ask me to manually input driver. I use these driver and window tell me window could not local suitable printer driver.

I install these same driver local creating the port and inputing ip. this methord works fine.

I have the same problem using an xerox workcentra 4150.

Any one have any advice on this issue.

thanks
jluca

A:Network Printing by server 2003

Same issue here. We're getting ready to deploy some windows 7 clients on a 2003 domain. So far, network printing has been a pain.

Anyone have any better answers than the work arounds?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/41377-network-printing-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 39.13%

My company is in the process of upgrading it s upgrade network HELP server Solved: New W k server to XP Pro The old server consists of four ide drives with a promise raid The new server motherboard GA- Solved: New network server upgrade HELP PVM-S of course is custom built Solved: New network server upgrade HELP by me for future upgrade compatability ea FDD call me old school DVD SATA x HD SATA- Gb ROHS RPM Mb MB MATX Core Duo S Gb DDR GBE V S PCIE CPU core DUO G MHZ M L box MEM Gb MHZ DDR NON-ECC CL DIMM and for power performance MODXSTREAM PRO W ATX V amp EPS V uprgraded for future additions Am I missing anything here Now the questions We are upgrading PTree Pro to Quantum WIN k to XP Pro as W K does not support using Quantum Also the old IDE server is almost years old I figured using SATA would allow faster response communication with the workstations we have so far All the workstations run W k and I figured it is time to get to the th century There are a lot of compatability issues as well and there are so many bandages left to use How would I transfer the information from the IDE to the SATA drives Raid Drives Raid Drives setup a Image backup is one train of thought Running new amp older server with copying files a need to keep some software registries going as the original disks are floating in limbo in the office warehouse area and need to maintain them as is some programs Cost is the main issue Issue of MS Office upgrade from to at least I know somewhere out in the electrons of space there was is supposed to be a free upgrade from Office to Office XX Suggestions Issue of multi seating for XP Pro I seem to be having a hard time getting them VISTA IS NOT AN OPTION W is very pricey Cost is the major issue Any suggestions As far as upgrading Peachtree Pro to Quantum I know that I can get tech support from Sage but would like to know if anyone has had any experience doing this upgrade My forte is building the hardware maintaining the systems amp hardware security and tutoring Network setup is not my strong point Bit nervous But the only way to learn is to do it with support and not alone When I do setup the network amp upgrades I will have a five day window to do so I can t afford to have my company down for any major time period I will have until a Thursday to complete it as that is when payroll must be run HELP Thanks in advance Dave Oh yes Almost forgot Using SCSI RAID for the server Need help understanding on how to do that It s probably something I may have done in the past and don t remember it Also I am currently using Iomega Gb disk backup for the old server Any compatibility issues with the new system Sorry for the zigging and zagging on the post but I am also dealing with fleet maintenance dispatching amp safety Manager for all I know I ll think of something else later but TIME is a major issue Oh yeah I m also the quot IT quot manager Looking to upgrade the third week of August Thanks again in advance nbsp

A:Solved: New network server upgrade HELP

Dave,
I'd like to make a suggestion. You currently have a netowrk of 10 users? You should consider purchasing a server and running etiher server 03 or server 08. If you have to completely redo the network, might as well as step completely up to the 21st century. With the specs you noted, you could pickup a Dell Poweredge server for like $800 and I assume you will spend close to that in parts. I understand purchasing the server license will be a little pricey, but the benefits of running an actual server OS is quite beneficial. User control, dhcp services, plus the system would be designed to handle more workstation for future expansion. You with 5 or more users, you should consider an actual server. Just a suggestion! Because I'll be honest, what you are trying to accomplish as is, will be quite a challenge as it is. Might as well bite the bullet and go a step further.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-network-server-upgrade-help.843534/
Relevancy 39.13%

Most of the time, my techs just download it from the internet. But my boss would prefer for SP3 to be stored on our server. I am not familiar with this, Im pretty low level.

So my questions are:

What are the rules to doing this?
What possible problems can we run in to?

Or if you know:

step by step to do this??

Just gathering research for him

A:How to successfully store XP SP3 on a network server

All you have to do is put it up on a network drive that is shared throughout the network.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-successfully-store-xp-sp3-on-a-network-server-383907.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I am working in a small office I am running on a T am cancelling it and setting up DSL I only have computers and will not need anymore than I would like to setup a network in teh - network office server setup office via a server I have a server right now that is setup but it is only hooked into computers Unfortunately I do not have the password for ther office network - server setup server I spoke with a couple of people and one suggestion was to completely rebuild reformat the server I do not have the original CD Another suggestion is to buy a new server I do not have an objection to that if it is the nest solution The final objective is to eliminate T hookup DSL and network the entire office through the server All the wiring is already setup and running through a router Any suggestion If I get a new server what do I need Do all the computers need to be running the same OS Can I hookup the printers to the server as well so anyone from any computer can access them I know it is a lot but I always receive great input form teh members on this site I wanted to get your insight before I hired some guy to do the job Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I am the only win PC on a OSX network cannot and see OSX Win7 server OSX Network- shares server in OSX I have Win7 and OSX server Network- cannot see OSX shares SMB service turned on I do not see windows sharing in Win7 and OSX server Network- cannot see OSX shares the file sharing area Win7 and OSX server Network- cannot see OSX shares of the server admin app on the Mac server Which is weird I have a user account and PW set up with share permissions turned on on both systems I can see my win pc from the Mac I even have a shard folder on the Win pc that I can drop files into from the mac when I am copying files over to the Win pc I can see the mac In the network section of explorer but I cannot see anything like a sharepoint if I click on it even though they are set up I can ping from either the PC or the mac and all packets come back no loss On the win box I have the same Workgroup name as on the Mac I have changed the local security policy to the common mods needed for macs and Win machines to talk to each other firewall is off Homegroup is off file and print and password sharing is enabled From the mac I have to put in a user name and pw to connect to the share on the win machine I have been working on this issue for days on and off it is driving me crazy Any help would be great Local SEC Policy I changed were In NETWORK SECURITY Change the setting from quot Send NTMLv response only quot to quot Send LM amp NTLM - use NTLMv session if negotiated quot Network Security Minimum session security for NTLM SSP Based including secure RPC Clients Change the setting from quot require bit quot to unchecked No Minimum Sent from phone pls excuse spelling Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-and-osx-server-network-cannot-see-osx-shares-532384.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I am running windows xp on a dell inspiron 4150 with a built in wireless card. My wireless was working fine until windows prompted me to reboot due to windows update. It stopped working after that. It is telling me that no ip address can be found and when I ipconfiged it with renew and all it still could not find it. It gave me an error message that says cannot connect to DHCP server.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you,

A:Network could not connect to DHCP server

Nothing really comes to mind, but if you're using Window's Wireless Zero Configuration maybe you need to reconfigure your wireless connection; especially if your network is protected with encryption.

I use the utilities from my wireless cards' manufacturers to connect to my WPA protectecd network and had no trouble today after the same reboot (two notebooks). Well, same reboot if you're talking about the critical update released yesterday.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-could-not-connect-to-dhcp-server.363808/
Relevancy 39.13%

Windows FTP server setup with basic authentication and running Chrome connects to ftp on FTP server PC Other PCs on local network won t connect via outside? no but other PC, on from connects on local network or PCs server FTP Chrome to ftp Outside won FTP connects on server PC, but no other PCs on local network or from outside? t connect to ftp whatismyipaddress com Troubleshooting Router firewall turned off Router port forwarded to Router Internet Filter turned off Windows PC firewall turned off Shared the FTP file with everyone Internet Explorer troubleshooting says Windows confirmed that quot quot is currently online but is not responding to connection attempts at this time This usually means that a firewall is running somewhere between the two computers and is blocking FTP connects on server PC, but no other PCs on local network or from outside? quot FTP service quot Windows has confirmed that Windows Firewall on this computer is correctly configured to allow this connection However a remote firewall might be blocking your connection If you have access to this firewall then configure the firewall to allow connections through TCP port If you don t have access contact your network administrator or Internet service provider Click for more information about firewalls nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ftp-connects-on-server-pc-but-no-other-pcs-on-local-network-or-from-outside.971456/
Relevancy 39.13%

When trying to connect via network neighborhood I get: "Not possible to access \\Computername" and "network path was not found". I encounter the above problem only with my two XP SP2 machines. These XPs are part of a 10Base2 coaxial cable and BNC connectors network. There is a router (DHCP) that distributes ip addresses. Other OS's in the network are Linux and windows 98. This problem occur inspite of "seeing" the other computer on the "network neighborhood" and only when trying to connect to it from an XP. If I try to connect from 98 or Linux there is no problem. I disabled the firewalls on both XPs. But to no avail :-( What else can I try?
Thank for any possible help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-path-for-the-network-server-was-not-found.518027/
Relevancy 39.13%

I need help with these. I am connected to the home group but I cant access the print server.

A:Cant access Printer Network Server

I don't understand why people are using home groups.. Just use a password and it will work..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299603-cant-access-printer-network-server.html
Relevancy 39.13%

ok I am at witts end with this thing I am trying to access the web server from the internet I have a ADSL plus connection going to my Actiontec GT R router In the router I have and tried port forwarding set to ports Router server Solved: network to thru Nat is enabled DHCP is enabled Solved: Router to server network remote management is OFF RIP is off tried with static routing and without UPNP on and off Firewall is disabled DMZ hosting on and off I have no scheduled rules set no services blocked rebooted router after changes DNS for domain name assigned and updated via freedns to WLAN IP on this router I have computers Router Mask DNS DNS computer A is a windows IP Mask computer B is a windows IP Solved: Router to server network Mask computer C is windows IP Mask computer D is linux web server IP Mask Bcast When I access the domain by name or Wlan IP address it hits the router and the rouer remote management pops up on the browser This tells me the router isn t forwarding the port traffic to the server I can access the net from the server but not vise versa I have looked for a firmware update for the router but there is none I do have the source code but before I start having someone start jacking with it I would rather see if it s my settings I m missing Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,

I just bought a new 500 GB network server, and I hooked it into my wireless router (Netgear MR814v2). I wanted to transfer a bunch of files to it from my laptop, which accesses the network wirelessly (probably not a word, but you know what I mean), but the first time I went to transfer a 4 GB iso file, it came up that the transfer was going to take 149 minutes. Now granted, that's a big file, but that's pretty slow. I should point out (if it's not obvious) that I know next to nothing about networking. I've fudged my way through it so far, but I want to be able to speed up the file transfer in order to use this drive effectively.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 39.13%

Hey all Hope y all well A collegue and I have successfully cloned and deployed a Server OS from one machine to another with completely different hardware With a network issue. server Pls HELP!! Terminal little help from Elvandil The server boots and runs very well It Terminal server network issue. Pls HELP!! is being used as a terminal server and has Citrix installed It is on the company domain which uses server sbs as the domain controller All IP addresses on the T Server are set the same as when the OS was on the original machine The old machine had a HP network card The new machine has a Realtek NIC The T Server knew the HP NIC was installed but not present We removed the HP card from the registry From the SBS server we can ping the T Server and browse it s drive on the Terminal server network issue. Pls HELP!! network however we cannot remote on to the T Server via RDC or connect to it using Citrix clients installed on the domain workstations We think the network Pc s SBS svr is still listening for connections from the HP NIC and therefore causing the remote issues Are we correct If so how can we resolve this issue I know there are some very experienced people here and would love to hear their views Thanks for taking the time to read Any help will be much appreciated Thanks in advance Andrew nbsp

A:Terminal server network issue. Pls HELP!!

This one is over my head, but I'll at least get you moved up the queue.

You might check what connections are actually in existence with netstat -a or:

Current Ports

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terminal-server-network-issue-pls-help.843362/
Relevancy 39.13%

Dear all:
I have an in-house W2K Server OS that has finance application software running on it. Recently a lot of my users are experiencing connection time-out problem when running that finance application's client software on the client machines. All the users can still go on internet and access local file sharing.

Is it a NIC hardware problem or it is a W2K Server DHCP problem? I have users who obtain IP from DHCP as well as fixed IP. Or the bandwidth is not big enough to handle all clients' usage (current 10/100Mbps base for 20 concurrent usage)?

Thank you all... >__<

A:Network Connection Time-Out over Server

If other things work OK for the same users then the problem is not with the NICs or the DHCP.

Maybe the server is under heavy load or the number of simultaneous connections to it is limited? Check the server logs to find out and check the CPU.

When the timeout occurs, can the clients still ping the server? Maybe you hav some faulty cables or networking gear somewhere between the clients and the server?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-time-out-over-server.23882/
Relevancy 39.13%

I want to set up an email server as its a pain tracking my emails from 4 different PC/laptops sat on my network. I never know which one has the latest emails on it.

Can someone walk me through how I do this please using WinXP and an email client, eg Incredimail or similar?

Thanks

WB

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi Thanks in advance Gigabit-Network USB Server Port 4 with any help I ll try to be brief 4 Port USB Gigabit-Network Server I have one of these http www techsupportforum com forums f -port-usb-gigabit-network-server- html post - with the help of a bit of software it always you to connect USB devices to your network Now the problem I have is that my Samsung ML- printer attached to it works perfectly from one computer on my network but stalls with another I have other things attached to this device like a had drive and a scanner and they both work fine on bother computers I have tried cleaning out printer drivers as best I can and reinstalling and also reinstalling the drivers that make the device function Another strange thing is that the device worked fine with the computer with which its having problems and then over night it stopped I can t really think of any changes I ve made to the computer I must admit I m very much an amateur here but if you give me any clues as to what I could do to trouble shoot this things that would be great help Regards Andre nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4-port-usb-gigabit-network-server.1056147/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have started to route CAT e cable to make a wired network I have a server running Server a custom desktop running windows laptops running windows I have the modem and the wireless router in issues to connecting network Having a server the library I have the modem connected to the internet port of the router and one of the loads is connected to a wall jack that Having issues connecting a server to network connects to a cable that runs about feet to its termination This termination is connected to a Having issues connecting a server to network port switch Having issues connecting a server to network The server is connected to the switch directly Based on my understanding my server should have access to the internet and my network should have access to my server With this setup I have full internet access on every machine but the server and I cannot access the server from any computer I have hooked up the server to a second wireless router as a load and was able to successfully access it through the second router but there is no internet The network on the server shows up as Unidentified Limited Access when directly connected to the switch Has anyone seen this before or have an idea to fix this issue nbsp

A:Having issues connecting a server to network

Load? It'd be easier if you drew a diagram. Some of the info is missing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-issues-connecting-a-server-to-network.197147/
Relevancy 39.13%

I hope someone can give me some help on this one. I work for a small automotive repair shop. We just bought an hp proliant server to run our repair invoice program on. The problem i am having is that I cannot get the server to be able to ping the other computers on the network. I can ping from the other computers to the server though. I need to be able to do this so ican set up the rest of our software. Does anyone know where I might find the problem? By the way, I am running windows xp professional sp2 on the server and windows xp professional sp1 on the other computers.

Relevancy 39.13%

i got sever 2003 and i need to set up a network. i got win pro on 5 computers and i want to set up my sever so that i can change passwords on the sever and suspend the accounts from the sevfer can some one hlep me with that please email me @@@@@

[email protected]

A:office network - server setup

do you know how do set up Remote Desktop Connection please email me

@@@@@@@@

[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-network-server-setup.413891/
Relevancy 39.13%

Please somebody help me to solve this question is this Possible if yes so how in detail

"
Can more than one DHCP server authorize in a network (server 2008 R2)
"

Thanks
Regard...

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/can-more-than-one-dhcp-server-authorize-in-a-network.4068814/
Relevancy 39.13%

I know that I have a & Small Server Print Network lot Small Network & Print Server of questions about networking sorry it is just Small Network & Print Server something that is not my strongest point So here it is I want a good reliable print server I have an airport extreme and it is absolutely terrible It has to have usb So the way one would work is you plug the printer into the usb plug the ethernet into a switch I already have a router and bam What software do I have to install on each computer The I am thinking of setting it up is Internet gt router gt switch gt computer print server and wireless ap Here is what I think I am going to use any recommendations is appreciate Router http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Switch http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Wireless Ap http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Print Server Maybe I will plug this into the switch http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E I may use this http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E and skip the router switch and wireless ap I am not sure if I want to have more ports available It would be ten users at max if I used the switch but if I went with the Wrt g itd be obviously wired and a few wireless Any help I appreciate Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

It's a DSL line but the admin uses some kind of server setup to distribute the internet on a group of users, some sort of dial up connection VPN server i'm not sure, can someone give me a little idea about this kind of setup and whether it's a good idea to subscribe to such network to get cheap internet access? will the admin know all the websites i browse? can he block websites? is there away to get around blocked websites? will he know my monthly download traffic? is there a way to protect my privacy? will using TOR (onion routing) work with this kind of setup? thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-internet-from-a-public-network-server.1083020/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a network using Windows 7 Pro and Windows XP Pro Machines. I just built a new server with Windows 7 Pro with a Gigabit network. 1 server (7 Pro) 3 machines (7 Pro) 2 machines (XP Pro). Windows sharing on network on server. DHCP IP for network. I keep loosing the network connection to shared server file. I can ping the server from every machine with no problem. I can not browse to the network or use UNC format from run command to see the server. I can reboot the server and everything is working again. Does Windows 7 have a limit to concurrent connections? And is the server releasing the connections. Every person and shared file has admin rights to read and right to server. ANY THOUGHTS. Thanks JC

A:Windows 7 Network server issues

Have you tried using static IPs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57083-windows-7-network-server-issues.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello everyone I m new here Just to introduce myself I m an I T apprentice trying to get into networking What I m trying to do learn for personal use is set up Home Server Network Setup Help a home server for three Windows bit Home Professional computers to connect to save files to from and of course get their internet connection from Before I go any further Home Network Server Setup Help I ve already got a crappy PC ready to be formatted a copy of Windows Server bit and some cables My current setup is as follows Telephone line gt modem router gt all three computers connected via wireless to the router then a printer connected via wireless to all three PCs What I d prefer to do if possible and if correct as I might be wrong is set it up as follows Telephone line gt modem router gt server gt all three computers connected via wireless to the server with a networked printer setup Firstly will this work Secondly what else will I need to do on the server and the three other PC s to get them all working together with the printer Do I need to run a wizard on all the other PCs I understand this is a lot to take in and a bespoke step-by-step guide from someone would be most appreciated I ll be very pleased if anyone could do this for me Thanks and Happy Friday Mike nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-server-setup-help.1053712/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello, My MediaSmart is not visible on the network.It starts and makes noise and I assume it is loading OS and it starts properly. Then on router page it is not visible as well as in the Explorer. I have tried different to start it as directed by the manual without a result. Could you please suggest another way to handle it? Thank you. Regards, Volodymyr Popovych

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/mediasmart-server-network-not-visible/td-p/5590059
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, I have a small network and I use a DSL modem to connect to the Internet. I tried setting up an FTP server before when I first go DSL, but I couldn't see the server from the net. It worked when I had dialup, so I know its not the software. Any know how to set up the NAT that the DSL modem uses so that the server will work? Thanks in advance.

------------------
Timothy Nerbonne
My Website
[email protected]

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I recently Stumbled across this article when I was browsing the internet Build your own NAS using FreeNAS geekyprojects com I was thinking about taking this to the next level I realized that I have a couple of old computers I could do this too but first I wanted to ask a few questions Here is the kinda thing I was thinking of Server using old computer with RAID array connects to router which all computers in house Intranet? Home Network Server connect too Current computers Computer - Hardwired to router Laptop - Uses Wifi Is it possible to setup an old computer to have a RAID array which from my understanding kinda connects HDD's together using an addon to the motherboard or something along those lines that is hardwired into the router allowing anyone who connects to our home network to access files Home Network Server Intranet? on the Server Also is it possible to create a home website so a website is stored on the server and is then added as the homepage on whatever computer so it shows links to different websites etc I was thinking XAMPP Then if we want to backup our computer when can back them up to our home server Can anyone think of something along those lines Does anyone have something like that setup in their house Thanks Sam

A:Home Network Server Intranet?

I think want you want to do is possible, if maybe a little complicated. Tell me, this "old computer" that you want to use as a local server ... what OS is it running?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/94872-home-network-server-intranet.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I now get this error message trying to access network resources from a laptop that You network... permission to not use accessible not \\server have is might this used to work just fine My wife s similarly configured laptop continues to \\server is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network... work fine I regularly share drives and printers across all machines and all appear to work except for this laptop I have found that I can pring the other computers without issue if I use the ip address and can quot net use quot the drives directly by specifying the ip address rather than the computer name However any attempt to use the computer name fails as above or as a quot System error has occurred quot in a command prompt Using the ip solves part of the problem but I cannot find a similar ip workaround to get to my network printer successfully All computers are running XP professional I have tried disabling firewalls The laptop is a work-configured laptop as is my wife s and works fine connected to all manner of networks As I mentioned this machine worked fine a unil I noticed an issue about a month ago This problem persists through re-boots Here is nbtstat -n and ipconfig all from my laptop Any and all ideas much appreciated C Documents and Settings Administrator gt nbtstat -n Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- IBM- B lt gt UNIQUE Registered IBM lt gt GROUP Registered IBM lt E gt GROUP Registered IBM lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache AGN Virtual Network Adapter Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- IBM- B lt gt UNIQUE Registered IBM- B lt gt UNIQUE Registered IBM lt gt GROUP Registered IBM lt E gt GROUP Registered IBM lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Documents and Settings Administrator gt C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name IBM- B Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ibm com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ibm com Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AG Physical Address - F- B- -FC-E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday December AM Lease Expires Thursday December AM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R MM Gigabit Network Con nection Physical Address - E- -D -E -F Ethernet adapter AGN Virtual Network Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix ibm com Description AGN Virtual Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers C Documents and Settings Administrator gt nbsp

A:\\server is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-is-not-accessible-you-might-not-have-permission-to-use-this-network.889589/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,
I have a question.
This network has Windows 2008 Server with Acronis Back for Windows Server. Along with 9 Windows 7 Professional machines on the domain that access the active server directory and the mainframe files that all 9 access and work on excel files.
My question is this.
Is there some way I can select to backup the PST Outlook 2013 file or folder containing it and My Documents folder from each of the 9 machines? Is it possible to do it incrementally after the initial backup is done?
Or Is there a way to say, set the Outlook folder that contains the pst file as a shared folder on the network, then somehow have that backup to a folder on the server each night?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/383016-how-backup-server-9-machines-network.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Trying to figure out why our server has slowed way down and was wondering if the log attached may shed some light Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system PRISMSVR EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe slow attached down...HJT log Server Network C Network Server slow down...HJT log attached Program Files kinberlin kinberlink Kinberlink exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKSrvr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL HONDAEPC Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system PRISMSVC EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL HONDAEPC Binn sqlagent EXE C mic wrun exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HORJHA Catalog bin rjma exe C Documents and Settings Dana Hughes My Documents HIJACK THIS HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www iwon com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO McAfee Anti-Phishing Filter - D ED - CFF- - A - EBB AF - c program files mcafee spamkiller mcapfbho dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - c Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MSKDetectorExe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MSKDetct exe startup O - HKLM Run DLA C... Read more

A:Network Server slow down...HJT log attached

Just wanted to thank you in advance for assistance....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-server-slow-down-hjt-log-attached.512855/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi everybody.

I would be more then happy if somebody could help me.

I have a company with 8 PC on local network. But often we can?t see one of them which is called "server" and sometimes another one. We use one AV (bitdeffender), and Code two publick folder for sharing emails via outlook. The base settings, like visibility or firewall we have set fine.

So please does anyone know where the problem is?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/386417-sometimes-we-can-t-see-server-other-computers-local-network.html
Relevancy 39.13%

We have a server X it is running server 2003 and we have another server Y that does not show up on the network places. Is there a limit to the number of computer that show up or what I am not able to map a drive from the other server. I am trying to convert data into a SQL DB Applications, but I cannot find my way via the network back to the server. Any clues there are several of our server not showing up now......

HELP I want to get this done....

Relevancy 39.13%

I have both, wire and wireless networks. My wireless is working just fine...but not my wired network. Don't ever recall ever setting the wired one up, cause i rarely ever used it...BUT, we all know that we should have one working in the event the wireless one has screwed up, and need to go to other sites. Any ideas, why it won't see the server, but the wireless would?

A:Solved: Wired network not seeing the server

What is wired into your router? If there are no wired connections to it from your server or any other devices they will never be able to access it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wired-network-not-seeing-the-server.1033370/
Relevancy 39.13%

For linux users, there is an option to run a Network wide DNS server which has tracklists block.

According to the author, who goes by the name quidsup (also in youtube, under same name, known for his Linux videos):

NoTrack is a network-wide DNS server which blocks Tracking websites from creating cookies or sending tracking pixels. It does this by resolving the IP address of known tracking sites to a web server running on the NoTrack device inside your network.Click to expand...

Current build/version is 0.7.8, available at:
GitHub - quidsup/notrack: NoTrack is a network-wide DNS server which blocks Tracking sites

Please do watch his videos on the project to learn more:

Spoiler: videos about No Track

Also, if you run OpenDNS, perhaps check this video to at least see the potential of OpenDNS (skipping how to configure it to run on Ubuntu 12.04 at time of the video):

Spoiler: OpenDNS

https://malwaretips.com/threads/no-track-network-wide-dns-server.57457/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have started to route CAT e cable to make a wired network I have a server running Having with server issues my to my network connecting Server a Having issues connecting to my network with my server custom desktop running windows laptops running windows I have the modem and the wireless router in the library I have the modem connected to the internet port of the router and one of the loads is connected to a wall jack that connects Having issues connecting to my network with my server to a cable that runs about feet to its termination This termination is connected to a port switch The server is connected to the switch directly Based on my understanding my server should have access to the internet and my network should have access to my server With this setup I have full internet access on every machine but the server and I cannot access the server from any computer I have hooked up the server to a second wireless router as a load and was able to successfully access it through the second router but there is no internet The network on the server shows up as Unidentified Limited Access when directly connected to the switch Has anyone seen this before or have an idea to fix this issue nbsp

A:Having issues connecting to my network with my server

Did you make sure your Ethernet card has the correct IP address?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-issues-connecting-to-my-network-with-my-server.1110855/
Relevancy 39.13%

Ok here is my equipment HIghspeed internet a cisco Router a Intel Express T Switch and a p Which I am suppose to turn into a file sever I have to make workstations for this network Questions Will this work well with the equipment I got Should I build a Windows server or server or xp server I have never ever done either of them Can you give me some suggestions please or what do you recommend what I should use as a server CAn you hook me up first Please Help,build network server file and with great links that will show me step by Help,build first network and file server Please step direction on how to build a file server xp perferred BUT if not then a very very good step by step guide to build a windows file server What I really want is to have all the workstation with windows on Help,build first network and file server Please them and the server be xp or network through xp Can you explain to me how I can make a XP server for file sharing Please nbsp

A:Help,build first network and file server Please

OK, let's start from the top.

First: Do you know how to configure a Cisco router, they aren't plug and play, and they don't have a GUI interface. It might be easier to use a Netgear router, they have a very simple, yet advanced interface and work great. You could probably put your Cisco router on eBay to set off the cost of the new router.

Second: The File Server. Personally I would never use XP for a server. It can be done, but it won't be working at it's full potential. Use Windows 2000 Server. You can set it up in two modes: workgroup or domain. Using a workgroup is easier and quicker to set up, but if you plan on supporting more than 10 computers you should consider setting up a domain.

With the equipment you have, the network should run fine. I think most importantly, however, you should stay away from using XP for your server.

Any other questions are welcome.

-PJ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-build-first-network-and-file-server-please.366381/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey ok this is the problem i am having i have a dell server wich is network to 4 workstations every day at 3pm all of the workstations freeze i have to restart all of the workstations for it to work again. But the server dose not freeze also i do not have the server setup to receive emails. Thanks in advance:approve:

A:Server is freezing worksations on network

xxdanielxx said:

Hey ok this is the problem i am having i have a dell server wich is network to 4 workstations every day at 3pm all of the workstations freeze i have to restart all of the workstations for it to work again. But the server dose not freeze also i do not have the server setup to receive emails. Thanks in advance:approve:Click to expand...

What does the event viewer for those 3 workstations say for system alerts? At 3pm.

What task schedule did you setup on those workstations?
What does those workstation do?
Anyone using them or are they autorun for certain task?

Did you setup DNS, Active Directory on the main Server?
Does this server have enough license certs for all the devices on your network?

Again you're running something on the network that you overlook otherwise those 3 systems won't down like that unless you have some schedule task setup on your end as the admin?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-is-freezing-worksations-on-network.96686/
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm a teacher who wants to be able to run some typing software in my classroom. The trick is I want to be able to run it off of one computer so no matter what computer the students go to they will be able to continue with their account. I'm not exactly sure what I need to do in order to set this up. Since I'm a teacher I'm looking for the cheapest and easiest way to do this. All the computers have windows XP professional on them and I have a router and a switch. I also have a wireless hub with 4 ports on it to connect some of my computers. Can anybody help me out? Thanks.

A:setting up a network/server in my classroom

This will only work if the application itself is a client server application meant to be run from a server. You could set it up on a server and run a terminal server like Terminal Services in Windows or Citrix. Neither of them is free however.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-a-network-server-in-my-classroom.382659/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hard-wired small office.
Some of the folders on the shared drive on the server have suddenly become not accessible - although other folders within the same folder on the drive are accessible.

The only difference I can find is that the ones we can't open list no owner.

I can use the command prompt to get to the folders, when I ask for the directory of those folders I get "File Not Found."
One of these folders holds the data for all the projects for this year! Help!!

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi i recently purchased a linksys network storage link and I have a comstar 250 gig HDD attached. I wanna use it as a server so I can connect to it from school if i need to transfer some work. Is it possible to do this and if so how? If you know a good tut then please post a link. Thanks in advanced.

A:Network storage link as server

Might be tough, depending on the security emplyed at the school.

You will definately have to open up some ports at your router - the manual for the storage link should tell you (if not, you'll need to call Linksys)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-storage-link-as-server-82521.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey I am trying to remove our network s dependency on a Server file system that we used primarily for backing up user files I wasn t here issues network Server 2000 when the system was installed but I ve found that the server also controlled internet access to the network as well Since we don t need this service anymore we ve decided to remove the server from the network when we got new Server 2000 network issues computers for everyone The problem I am having is that all the computers that have XP installed on them still can get onto the internet when the server has been turned off but every computer with Vista installed on them won t connect to the internet under the same conditions I know it has something to do with the server because when I turn the server back on internet access is restored to the Vista computers I didn t know which OS thread to post under but since I m hoping that all I need to do is reconfigure the Vista computers I placed it in this forum Edit I also wanted to add that the quot server quot we currently have is not the original server just a plain dell tower like the previous and that the Server software says that there is another server on the network though there isn t but is still in control of internet access for the said Vista machines I appreciate any help that can be given Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2000-network-issues.784579/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,

In our office occasionally our NT server (version 4 sp4) stops communicating over the network, the lights go out on the network card and no one can access the server. Then it comes back on again, for no apparent reason.

I thought it might be a hardware fault with the network card but I'm not sure.

Looking in the event viewer all I can find that might relate to this problem is this:

The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_HPTX1 because a master browser was stopped.

It is a HP Netserver E60 PIII500, 128 MB.

Nick

A:NT Server losing network connection

i would replace the network card !!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-server-losing-network-connection.28417/
Relevancy 39.13%

hey i want to setup a network... on my Pc's I currently Run WinXP and my server is Windows 2003 Server. The Reason why I need this network cause I'm building a program for a hotel that will run on a PC an the database & stuff will be on the server. thanks for all the help everybody

A:Setting up a network on Win2003 Server

What's the question here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-a-network-on-win2003-server.534513/