Windows Support Forum

Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps

Q: Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps

Office Installation Routine Deleting Older Stand-alone Apps I can't Office 2013 not 2016 Apps Office with Standalone compatible say I wasn't warned I was part way through installing Microsoft Office on my primary workstation when I got a message Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps that said quot Stop you should wait to install Office quot The error message went on to say that if I decided to continue anyway my copy of Microsoft Visio Standard would be removed Since I had the original disk from when I purchased the software I went ahead Bad move It turns out that when Microsoft says that Visio won't work with Office it means it won't even have the chance to work Any attempt to reinstall the software will be thwarted The fact that you paid for the software is beside the point You're basically out of luck When I Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps went to the Microsoft community forums which is where Microsoft handles much of its tech support I discovered that I wasn't alone Apparently hundreds of people who'd purchased stand-alone Microsoft Office products were affected and they weren't happy about it Furthermore the problem extended far beyond Visio Users with Microsoft Project Publisher Access InfoPath and SharePoint Designer were also affected Likewise Microsoft customers who purchased Office Apps that are normally part of Office suites but may have been purchased separately such as Outlook were also affected More here Office Installation Routine Deleting Older Stand-alone Apps Special offer for customers with Office and Office standalone applications Office and standalone Office applications purchased separately via a retailer and not part of a suite of applications cannot be installed on the same device To resolve this issue you'll need to upgrade your standalone applications to the Office version of the products Please contact Accounts amp billing at the Microsoft Answer Desk to obtain a free upgrade for your qualifying standalone applications More here Special offer for customers with Office and Office standalone applications - Office Support

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/45110-office-2016-not-compatible-office-2013-standalone-apps.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 31.39%

According to the latest reports, AMD will skip the problematic 20nm manufacturing node for their next-generation 'Arctic Islands' GPUs, which the company is expected to launch in 2016. Instead, Arctic Islands will progress directly to 14nm FinFET in the hope...

Read more

A:AMD to reportedly skip 20nm entirely for its 2016 GPU family

Sounds like a good strategy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-to-reportedly-skip-20nm-entirely-for-its-2016-gpu-family.212286/
Relevancy 30.96%

AMD's roadmap for the next two years has leaked, and it's filled with information about what the company is planning for their desktop and mobile CPU and APU lines. While 2015 will see a mix of 32, 28 and 20nm chips,...

Read more

A:Leaked AMD roadmap suggests all 2016 APUs will be 14nm

If it beats the Bulldozer family by a solid 5-10% in video games plus media encoding with reasonable prices, I am going to use it for all my builds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-amd-roadmap-suggests-all-2016-apus-will-be-14nm.212540/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi guys - this is a weird problem that I ve always had since building this computer or years ago and I don t think the drive was new when I built it so it went from totally normal in my xp machine to doing this weird thing when I put it in a new system with Win I ve searched and not been able to find anyone with the same problem It normally occurs when listening to music or watching a film and it only happens very occasionally when you go to skip to to a new song or skip to a different place in the video It s never been a Some then HD until whirs clicks apps unresponsive major problem and in fact I think it s only done it once this week so aside from googling it a couple of times never actually got very far with fixing it So in winamp for example just after opening it I ll click next song winamp installation and music are on different hard drives as are VLC and movies and it ll freeze Then the disk will make a whir and about seconds later there will be a click and everything will come Some apps unresponsive until HD whirs then clicks back to life During this time I can move my mouse and do other things on the computer Like I said it s always done this and it s never got any worse or anything so I don t think it s a faulty drive but I ll post this in the HD section too just to see if any experts there can shed any light on it Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Some apps unresponsive until HD whirs then clicks

Look at your power profile settings. Likely the HD is being powered off after xx minutes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-apps-unresponsive-until-hd-whirs-then-clicks.210755/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello I apologize in advance for my almost complete lack of computer knowledge That said my PC was built for me by one of the IT guys at work who has since moved on I can t scare him card Good with Windows 7? graphics compatible up from his last known email addy So I m sort of out there drifting on this stuff trying to find any help I can The PC is connected to the home theater system TV through HDMI About weeks ago and video from the internet stopped producing sound In addition the PC doesn t Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7? play audio dvds anymore And when I click on the samples in the library I can t play them either I m assuming without knowing the graphics card is shot I think it s about four years old I opened up the box pulled out the graphics card I didn t make a note of manufacturer model but my device manager says it s nvidia and the driver is up to date and cleaned it I plugged it back in still no sound I can play youtube videos or stream online content but none of it has sound Does it sound to you guys like I need a new graphics card If so I need a recommendation for a better than average one that is compatible with windows professional something in the range or so Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7?

Open up nVidia Control Panel.
Under Display select "Set up Digital Audio".
Verify settings to make sure they are correctly set up to send audio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-graphics-card-compatible-with-windows-7.210597/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey I m new to this site and I was wondering if I could get some help with my computer From what I ve seen it says my computer is compatible with all the parts I ve chosen Compatible? Is Build My But I wanted some help on here to make sure they will work Below are a list of parts that I will be getting CPU Intel Xeon E - V GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard MSI Z Guard-Pro ATX LGA Motherboard CPU Cooler Corsair H i CFM Liquid CPU Cooler RAM Kingston Fury Black Series Is My Build Compatible? GB x GB DDR - Memory Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB ACX Video Card Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Corsair CSM W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Optical Drive Sony S-CB-PLUS DVD CD Writer Other Parts I Is My Build Compatible? will figure out later Just to give some perspective I will be using the computer to record videos play games and render out edited videos If you think there are better parts to suit the build or if there are any parts that need to be exchanged please tell me below Also I want to stay at least under Thanks Jettster nbsp

A:Is My Build Compatible?

Personaly from just a quick overview so dont take everything for my word, this build seems like it would work well.
What I would do is:
1) I dont think that this build will be able to use a 450W PSU because your parts are pretty high end and the 970 draws alot of power (145W around about) plus everything else I think that you should get a 500W+ PSU so you wont ever have problems related to power you can overclock and be a little future proof.
2) Why not go with more lower storage HDD's and put them in RAID 0? like 3 1tb HDD? each having like 75mb/s totaling to 225mb/s at the minimum as most modern HDDs are faster than those speeds.

Hope this helped and this is only what I would do. Dont take my word for any facts etc from this comment.
Enjoy
~Joe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-build-compatible.209304/
Relevancy 29.24%

Compatible memory
I plan on upgrading the ram on an older laptop.
It comes with IGB DDR2 PC2-4200 533MHz SODIMM, can I add
IGB DDR2 667MHz SODIMM to the spare slot and will it detect it?
Thought I'd ask before attempting!

A:Compatible memory

Hard to say, there is only one way to know, that is to try. I'm assuming you have the modules in question. Otherwise I would suggest buying modules of the same specs to increase chances of compatibility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-memory.205398/
Relevancy 29.24%

I got a hp 6371it

link --> (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02054227&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/it_i...

I have this problem: I bought a kingston Dimm ValueRam 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Non-ECC CL9 (it is compatible with my mb according to hp website). I installed it on my pc and:
1) if I install just that ram it works fine
2) if I install that ram I bought and one ore both ram I had already installed in my pc it doens't work or it blocks on hp main screen or it appears the classic blue screen of hardware error and it never enter on windows (it asks for a system reinstallation)
what is the problem? should I do something else? I tried mounting rams in different slots, I tried everything

please help!!

A:Compatible ram don't work

Sound as though the ram you bought is not compatible with the existing ram. Is the ram you bought the same specs as the old ram?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-dont-work.205230/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 28.81%

I was planning on using the lowest i5 processor but because of the refresh I lost the older ones.
The ones that are available are:
Intel Core i5 4460 (3.2GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4590 (3.3GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4570S (2.9GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4670 (3.4GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4690 (3.5GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core
Intel Core i5 4670K (3.4GHz HD4600 6MB Cache) Quad Core

A:What CPU's are compatible with the MSI B85-G43 Gaming Motherboard

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/B85G43.html#/?div=CPUSupport

Code:
Core i7 [ 4771,4770T,4770S,4770K,4770,4765T ]
Core i5 [ 4670T,4670S,4670K,4670,4570T,4570S,4570,4440S,4440,4430S,4430 ]
Core i3 [ 4340,4330T,4330,4130T,4130 ]
Pentium [ G3430,G3420T,G3420,G3220T,G3220 ]
Xeon [ E3-1240V3,E3-1230V3,E3-1220LV3 ]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-cpus-are-compatible-with-the-msi-b85-g43-gaming-motherboard.202560/
Relevancy 28.38%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Socket-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B002XNBQJQ

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-amd-processor-is-compatible-with-my-mother-board-and-im-new-to-this.202437/
Relevancy 28.38%

Is my motherboard compatible with and does it have enough power watts it compatible my Card have power new to & enough with run Is mob Video to run new video card My specs More details about my computer Component Details Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Memory RAM GB Graphics Intel R HD Graphics Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model H M-UD H Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Media drive D CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce LE Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Secondary monitor resolution x Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX Video Card Information Network Realtek RTL D D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS New Video card info Nvidia G-Force Video Px Video card UPC- Mb PCIExpress X Dual Monitor Support My power supply is watts and on my motherboard now there is only sticks of GB ram Patriot Viper Extreme and nothing else in any of the expansion slots I looked online but cannot get a straight answer Can my motherboard run this card with no issues Thanks I am shine nbsp

A:Is my mob compatible with new Video Card & have enough power to run it

No one can say if it will run with no issues, just because there could be any number of complications that could pop up. If you asking will it work with your current system, then yes it will run on your current system with the PSU. I would advise that you uninstall the video drivers (and software) for the current card, changing out to the new card. This will create less of a head ache for you in the end.
I would also suggest trying to find another 2GB ram stick because your motherboard is a Dual Channel motherboard and the computer will run better if you have 4 sticks of ram instead of 3. Its not going to hurt your computer by having 3 sticks of ram versus 4, but you will get better overall performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-mob-compatible-with-new-video-card-have-enough-power-to-run-it.202004/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey all,

I recently dug up an old computer and wanted to use it but realized it is way too slow and the specs aren't even good enough to install Windows 7.

I currently have 512mb of RAM on that computer but I want to replace it and find a 2gb RAM that is compatible with my motherboard. I have an extra slot available for RAM.

How am I able to tell if the RAM I want is compatible with my motherboard?

Here is my system information from dxdiag:

System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: KM400-8235
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6. 00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~ 1.5 GHz
Memory: 448MB RAM
Page file: 218MB used, 839MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Thanks in advance and I really look forward to your help!

A:Finding compatible RAM for old motherboard

Sorry for the double post but I also want to find out how I am able to tell which processor is compatible with my motherboard.

Am I better off getting a completely new motherboard or would a new processor and a new RAM do it?

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/finding-compatible-ram-for-old-motherboard.200960/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys, I am helping my friend build a computer and I'm not 100% sure if these parts are compatible, and I was hoping someone would give me the thumbs up or the thumbs down.

Part list

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card

Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

Cooler Master K380 ATX Mid Tower Case

Antec TruePower Classic 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

Asus VX238H 23 inch monitor

A:Are these parts compatible?

Looks good to me, I don't see any incompatibilities. Even the name brands you have chosen are in my opinion well known good brands.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible.199589/
Relevancy 29.24%

So I'm currantly building my first pc for gaming and I have together a setup that in my eyes should work, can anyone see if I'd have any compatibility issues?
I'm also trying to keep a fairly decent budget of around 800 dollars.

Case:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/zalm...wer-black-case-with-side-window-usb-30-w-o-su

Power supply:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500w-storm-silent-lpj19-25-eps-12v-quiet-fan-atx-v20-psu

Motherboard:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ga-970a-ds3p-amd-970-s-am3-am3plus-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-sata-raid-pcie-20-(x16)-atx

CPU/Processor:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/amd-...-s-am3plus-42ghz-12mb-total-cache-125w-retail

Graphics card:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-...u-1075mhz-cores-896-dport-dl-dvi-hdmiplusfree

Memory/RAM:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-vengeance-blue-ddr3-pc3-12800(1600)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-15v

Wireless Network Card:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-pce-n15-pcie-300mbps-80211b-g-n-wireless-adaptor-low-profile

I already have a Sata III Harddrive and decent optical drive in my house so I didn't include them in the links.
Thanks in advance
-Damhan

A:Concerned if this is compatible

Why is this so suspiciously familiar?
Regardless, my response is the same.
A no to the power supply but everything else looks okay. Again, I would opt for an integrated wifi board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/concerned-if-this-is-compatible.199357/
Relevancy 29.24%

I m looking to buy a bundle PC from Newegg for and was wondering if this particular setup will work It will be used for gaming but not hardcore IN WIN GT White SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Model GT White XFX Core Edition FX- A-ZNL Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Model FX- A-ZNL RAIDMAX HYBRID RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply New Version with Build-in LED Fan On Off Switch Model RX- SS AMD FX- Vishera GHz GHz Turbo Socket AM W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD FRHKBOX Model FD FRHKBOX SAMSUNG Series MZ- TD KW quot GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD Model MZ- TD KW G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBXL Model F - CL D- GBXL Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive Model ST DM Sorry for the big print copy paste Moderator note Fixed that for you Thanks for any info you may have--much appreciated nbsp

A:Is this PC compatible?

I don't see a motherboard listed here, you're definitely going to need one of those.

Otherwise the system is compatible, as long as you get the correct motherboard. If you want advice on possible improvements to the system, just ask, I'm sure some more knowledgeable members will be happy to assist you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-pc-compatible.198897/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a USB 2.5 external HDD that I want to use with my Xbox 360 to play original Xbox games.

An emulator is required to play original Xbox games and the 360 will download this etc. for you with an Xbox 360 that has an internal HDD.
Mine is only a 4GB internal HDD so will not perform this function!

Can anyone help me make the external USB HDD perform this function???

Thanks

A:Making an External HDD backwards compatible for Xbox games on an XBox 360

360 isn't backwards compatible with Xbox games. Since you have digital copies of the game, we can't be sure you actually own a legit copy. So, we can't help you sorry.

But, you can use this to format external drive for your 360.
http://www.wikihow.com/Format-a-Hard-Drive-for-Use-With-Xbox-360

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/making-an-external-hdd-backwards-compatible-for-xbox-games-on-an-xbox-360.197802/
Relevancy 29.24%

I just ordered GA-F2A85XM-HD3 and AMD FX 4130 Black Edition (3.8/3.9GHz), 125W, 4MB, total dedicated L2 cache, 4MB, L3 cache, 5200MHZ HyperTransport? bus, socket AM3+) ... and I dont know if they are compatibile * the first one is the motherboard I would love any information ... cause I ordered them online ..already

A:Is this motherboard compatible?

No they are not compatible. The motherboard has an FM2 socket while the FX 4130 uses an AM3+ socket.

Google the motherboard model, click on the Gigabyte website link, click on the support and download tab and look up the CPU support list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-motherboard-compatible.197438/
Relevancy 29.24%

Athlon 64 x2 4200+ with a Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS

If its not what would be a good motherboard thats compatible?

A:Is this processor compatible?

The Athlon will not work with that motherboard as it is socket AM3+

You need a socket AM2 board, Or an AM2+.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-processor-compatible.196617/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,

I need Graphic Card for my computer because the existing graphic card is build-in and it is 64Mb.
My Motherboard is Asus P5S800-VM.

I want to know Which Graphic Card is Compatible for my motherboard.

Thanks

A:Which graphics card is compatible with ASUS P5S800-VM

Unfortunately, that motherboard only has an AGP slot, so your videocard upgrade will be very limited.

Here is one of the cheaper units for AGP, but you must also ensure your case has adequate cooling (at least one case fan aside from the power supply fan is recommended) and also ensure you have a fairly beefy power supply (350 Watt or greater, 400W+ preferred).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161318

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphics-card-is-compatible-with-asus-p5s800-vm.196347/
Relevancy 29.24%

This will be my first build and I want to know for sure if these parts are compatible I got mixed results on sites like PCPartPicker and GooeyGUI These are the parts CPU it Is compatible? all Intel Core i - GHz Is it all compatible? Dual Core CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper TX CFM Sleeve Bearing Motherboard Asus P B -M LX PLUS Micro ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue GB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Asus GeForce GTX Ti GB Video Card Case MSI TC- Black ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master eXtreme Power W ATX V Power Supply I Is it all compatible? know they re not the best or high end items but im on a tight budget I will be doing gaming for the most part What I really want to know is if the CPU cooler is good to put on the i while in that case On GooeyGUI it said that the motherboard did not support the CPU Cooler but on PCPartPicker it said there were no compatibility issues Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Is it all compatible?

Everything looks good to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-all-compatible.194831/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello. I am trying to keep my budget under 1,250 and these are the items that im trying to build my pc with. I would love to know if they are compatible.

Tower: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...yMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182200
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231460
Processor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...bb3r-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-AMD-_-19113284
Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128514
Hard drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339
Graphics card: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1917611&CatId=7387

Any help will be truly appreciated

Looks okay. Why do you want to go AMD processor though?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible.194229/
Relevancy 28.38%

I just came from a retail store to check on prices but most of their parts weren't available anymore. Instead of a G. Skill Ripjaws 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1600, the clerk offered me a Crucial Ballistix 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1866 memory. The board I'm gonna buy is an Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp but looking at their memory support list http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory.asp?Model=H77 Pro4/MVP, it doesn't seem compatible.

The clerk had told me it was compatible and that he had tried it before but I'm not sure if it'd have unwanted effects over some period of time. (I got drawn in by how the memory looks and its LED so I'm including it as a choice). Thanks.

A:Is a 1866 memory compatible with an H77 board?

It will be compatible, worst case scenario is just setting your 1866Mhz RAM to run at 1600Mhz. You're getting quicker RAM for free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-1866-memory-compatible-with-an-h77-board.194307/
Relevancy 29.24%

So my brother has a Foxconn 2ada 1.00 motherboard Link: http://www.estaxe.com/index.php/layout-foxconn-2ada-1-00-motherboard/
and wants to upgrade to a good processor, willing to spend $100-$200. What do you guys recommend? Is it worth investing more than $200.00+ for a CPU for a better gaming experience? He has also has an Nvidia Geforce GT 620 just as an added note. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! One website said this Link:http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-2ada-foxconn/ but I trust you guys more...

A:Need a compatible processor

Well, it is a 1155 socket motherboard. Hence, you can technically fit in any Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge that is below the recommended motherboard/CPU wattage. In this case, that is 95W. I think a i5 and i7 will be a waste. What processor does he currently have? I think a Pentium or i3 is a good option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-compatible-processor.194150/
Relevancy 29.24%

I'm looking to build my first computer, and I'm still not totally sure if all of my selected parts will all work with each other. This is not supposed to be a gaming computer or anything like that: just a simple starter computer. I would also like some feedback on whether I might need to upgrade or downgrade certain parts to fit my needs. Thanks!

Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131872

GPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161406

PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

CPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

RAM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148543

Hard Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148840

Optical Drive
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135204

A:Are all of my parts compatible?

The build itself is alright. However, I'd drop the HD 7850 to something like a 7770 and put that money towards a better CPU. Since you indicated this isn't a gaming computer, a better CPU will be a much better use of your money. Additionally, while the PSU you picked would probably work fine. The builder series hasn't had the best wrap. You may want to go with one of corsairs HX,TX or AX offerings. Or, check out seasonic or antec offerings.

What's your budget for this build? It will help us suggest different parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-all-of-my-parts-compatible.194055/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

A:Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 21.5%

I need to know if the HDMI motherboard in a 60" Samsung Plasma TV can be used in a Sony Bravia 52" TV. The motherboard in my Sony died and I have access to one in a Samsung Plasma that's screen cracked.

A:Is a 60" Samsung Plasma HDMI motherboard compatible with a 52" Sony Bravia HDMI motherboard.

No, it would not be, in the past I had to repair a tv for a friend that had his board shorted that was an LCD Sony Bravia 52 Inch and its board was very specific as with all Sony Products. The Boards on the TV's are the hearts and the companies that built them don't allow for parts to be interchanged easily. Your best bet is ebay and finding the part number to find a board, that's how I got the one I used to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-60-samsung-plasma-hdmi-motherboard-compatible-with-a-52-sony-bravia-hdmi-motherboard.193309/
Relevancy 28.38%

Is the XFX Radeon 7970 video card compatible with a an Asus P9Z68-V LE motherboard? I'm rather confused with Crossfire and SLI, is it Crossfire allows multiple Radeon video cards and SLI allows multiple NVidia video cards?

A:Is this video card compatible with this motherboard?

Yes, the card is compatible with the mobo.

Your Crossfire and SLI understanding is correct. However, it extends to GPU's, not just 'cards'. Cards like HD7990 and GTX690 use Crossfire/SLI internally as they have two GPU's on one card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-video-card-compatible-with-this-motherboard.193002/
Relevancy 29.24%

Corsair Carbide Series 500R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter, 2.4GHz 450Mbps/5GHz 450Mbps, IEEE 802.1a/b/g/n, WEP/WPA/WPA2

CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

SAPPHIRE FleX 100352FLEX-2 Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC with Boost

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10

SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

A:Compatible?

Great build . I would mainly change the RAM. Get a 2x4 GB RAM kit instead since the Z77 chipset takes advantage of dual channel memory, which offers better performance. Also, I suggest getting a XFX 7950 instead since they offer a lifetime warranty. Finally, since you are getting the i3570K, witch is an unlocked CPU, I recommend getting a Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler if you want to overclock (what the K in 3570K means).

Just a final though: If you can wait for about 2-3 weeks, Intel will be releasing their new line of CPUs. I think you should wait till then to purchase your CPU + motherboard. Good luck .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible.192387/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey,
I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware.192314/
Relevancy 29.24%

Been working on next gen of PowerCode ROM Upgrade for Kyros Tablet from COBYUSA, COBY International and Visual Connect/Prestige from Visual Land along with the Skypad Alpha2 and Skypad Gemini from Skytex. Running Android Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.

Results are as follows in

PowerCode WiFi 54 G+ on 720MHz, 256mb of RAM System
Test 1:

PowerCode WiFi 300 N+ 1GHz, 1GB of RAM System
Test1:

PowerCode WiFi 300 N+ 1GHz, 1GB of RAM System
Test1:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/powercode-1000-2013-rom-upgrades-for-kyros-visual-and-skypad.191514/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm Planning on a new build and it will be on the ASRock FM2A85X Extreme4 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) ATX and with the AMD A10-5800K Trinity APU w/Radeon HD 7660D and I need a discrete card to match the APU's graphics. Also with either 1866 or 1600 DDR3 ram with 1.65 or 1.5v at 16GB or 32GB. Any suggestions and advice would be great fully appreciated. also having problems finding a cpu cooler for the A10?

A:Compatible discrete card for AMD A10-5800K

Uhh, why do you want to match the APU graphics? What are your intentions with this build?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-discrete-card-for-amd-a10-5800k.189384/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi peeps hope you can shed some light on helping me decide what SSD to get I have a Gigabyte GA-X -USB MB which my i overclocked rig is built on I am in the middle of starting a new build but I am keeping this rig and thought about upgrading the last thing thats pretty much worth upgrading on it and thats an SSD At the mo it runs two TB samsung F s to old MB for SSD Compatible which I will keep for extra Compatible SSD for old MB storage but the MB in is old now and I dont think these Compatible SSD for old MB fancy SSD s will be compatible with it Here is the tec sheet for the MB Click me I think the xsata connections are sata so that limits my options so whats the best SSD I can get for this old board need one abut gig that plugs into the sata connections available OR Do I get one of these OCZ GB PCIe Thanks mucho for any advice Lee nbsp

A:Compatible SSD for old MB

It's SATA2 on that MOBO. New SSD's are SATA3, but they'll just run at the slower SATA2 speed.

So, get the cheapest most reliable one since any SSD r/w speeds are now faster than SATA2.

The SSD you linked is insanely fast, and also pretty darn expensive. It's up to you really - but it will run at max speed on your mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ssd-for-old-mb.189834/
Relevancy 28.38%

So apu are like the best Money to Cpu+Gpu in the market and I see it as one of the new revolution in the graphical technology surpassing intels hd 4000 by far I was wondering the Apu will ever be able to be compatible with a higher graphics card then the low profile 6670 it is already powerful at it is but imagine it with a higher boots a 7770 or 7850 idk if the cpu is still powerfull enough to not bottleneck by then tho

A:Will APUs ever be compatible with mid-range cards?

What is APU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-apus-ever-be-compatible-with-mid-range-cards.188719/
Relevancy 29.24%

Okay Here compatible? everything is build.. New s the list Motherboard A - Asus Crosshair V Formula AM Motherboard - ATX Socket AM AMD FX SB DDR MHz O C SATA III Gb s RAID -CH Audio Gigabit LAN USB PCIe CrossFireX Ready lbs CPU A - AMD FD FRHKBOX FX- Eight-Core GHz AM Processor - AM Eight-Core GHz MB W Unlocked lbs HDD TSD- HHTZ WD WD HHTZ VelociRaptor GB Workstation New build.. is everything compatible? Hard Drive - GB SATA Gb s Inch RPM MB lbs Case C - COOLER MASTER New build.. is everything compatible? Storm Stryker SGC- W-KWN Black and White Steel ATX Gaming Full Tower Computer Case - ATX MicroATX x quot Drive Bays x Converted quot Drive Bay x USB amp Ports Audio Por lbs Graphics Card A - Asus Radeon New build.. is everything compatible? HD HD - GD Video Card - GB GDDR PCI-Express x x Dual-link DVI-I x Dual-link DVI-D x HDMI x DisplayPort DirectX CrossFireX Overclocked lbs RAM P - atriot Viper Xtreme PXQ G C QK GB Low Latency Quad Kit - PC - MHz - - - V RoHS Compliant DDR lbs SSD C - Corsair Neutron GTX Series CSSD-N GBGTX-BK GB Internal Solid State Drive - quot Form Factor SATA III Gb s E-boost Technology lbs PSU CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX CMPSU- AX W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Item N E FanCOOLER MASTER Hyper EVO RR- E- PK-R Continuous Direct Contact mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel Item N E Blu-RayLG Black X BD-R X BD-RE X DVD R X DVD-RAM X BD-ROM MB Cache SATA BDXL Blu-ray Burner D Play Back WH NS - OEM Item N E THANKS nbsp

A:New build.. is everything compatible?

I don't see any compatibility issues.

If its a gaming rig you might consider HD 7800 series graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-is-everything-compatible.187092/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys I have a problem that seems to be slowing down my already-crap of a PC A message keeps popping up with New Hardware Found Video Controller VGA compatible and telling me to install some drivers after I somehow unplugged and re-plugged my monitor cable Backround information So I did some homework went on the PCI database site and searched for the vendor and device numbers VEN and DEV Link to site http www pcidatabase com vendor details php id It gave me a link to it http downloads viaarena com WinXPE May xpesp km xp wishld logod v zip I downloaded it but I m too incompetent to take the next step required I extracted it with winrar and spent minutes searching for the setup or install button but the only application seems to be VTTimer I then downloaded DeviceDoctor and it told me should download a VIA Fast Ethernet Video (VGA controller compatible) Compatable Adapter I don t even know if the two are related and so I did Nothing happened SO I Video controller (VGA compatible) guess I m asking is the part about PCI database what I m suppose to be doing Am I doing it right If so how do I install the bastard Did I f ck up by using Device Doctor and Video controller (VGA compatible) downloading some random driver It was telling me to download a bunch of other things that didn t match the brand of my products How do I keep my drivers updated What do Really appreciate your time guys and thanks in advance If it helps I have an AOC monitor nbsp

A:Video controller (VGA compatible)

CIifford said:

<snip>
It gave me a link to it (http://downloads.viaarena.com/WinXPE/May05/xpesp2_km400_16944216_xp_wishld_logod_v20.zip), I downloaded it, but I'm too incompetent to take the next step required. I extracted it with winrar and spent 5 minutes searching for the setup or install button, but the only application seems to be VTTimer...
<snip>Click to expand...

No worries. The solution for that case is not at all obvious. See How to Install a Driver when there's no Installation .EXE file to run

SO. I guess I'm asking is the part about PCI database what I'm suppose to be doing? Am I doing it right? If so, how do I install the bastard?
Did I f*ck up by using Device Doctor and downloading some random driver? (It was telling me to download a bunch of other things that didn't match the brand of my products...)
How do I keep my drivers updated?Click to expand...

1. PCI database is a useful tool to help identify the device vendor and the device actually is. (e.g. a video chip vs. an Ethernet/network adapter). PCI database doesn't usually include the driver for a device tho in your case I see it did).

Example of how PCI database might help: you have a Dell computer so go to the Dell website and look up your computer model for drivers. And you find Dell lists 4 different drivers for 4 different video cards they have used in that machine!! PCI database would help identify which one is actually in your computer so you know which one to select

2. Those driver update tools can be helpful but also problematic. They will identify every driver matching a hardware ID but all drivers it finds isn't necessarily a fit for your OS or your hardware. Best advice is "If it ain't broke don't try to fix it" meaning only look for missing drivers. Trying to find the "correct" driver update can be a crap shoot

3. Number 2) above also means always create a system restore point before trying a driver you aren't sure of. At least it helps you back it out if the driver isn't right and causes problems

Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-controller-vga-compatible.186192/
Relevancy 30.96%

Im getting ready for the games like Hitman absolution and GTAV and others great games toward 2015

what gpu should I take? gtx 560 ti or hd 6950 1gb or the affordable (very) hd6850??

I have a quad core q8400 and I'll playing at just a resolution of 1366x768.... of course I want to max

out the setting to see the beauty of games today

tnx

A:GTX 560 Ti for 2013-2015

Neither, they're all older generation cards. Since you're not in a rush wait for nvidia to release their GTX 650/660 and either go for one of those or a 7850. They'll easily max games at your resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-560-ti-for-2013-2015.185194/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi folks I m new here and not greatly technically minded My Acer Aspire Z laptop has been acting strange for a few days running Windows btw Some of the issues are even happening right now ie as I type the cursor will sometimes restart a new line as if I ve pressed the Return button Acer apps is Laptop and and more opens multiple corrupted This is esp bad in emails and Facebook and often the cursor flies down miles Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more making it a pain to get back to where I was That s not all though There s a horrible beeping noise when I start up the laptop first thing It goes after I press one of the F buttons The worst though is when I try to open up some app on my desktop and sometimes the laptop goes crazy and opens up multiple other apps software There have been instances where there are dozens of the same pages opening I have McAfee Internet Security and have run Malwarebytes and Spybot but problem is still there Is this a hardware problem do Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more you think I m not great at techie Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more speak so please go easy with me but I d be grateful for any advice Cheers David nbsp

A:Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more

UNless someone else has a better idea, how old is this computer & is it still under warranty? If so, I'd get a hold of the where you bought it & get it checked out. IF you don't & have "other" work done on it, it could VOID the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-is-corrupted-and-opens-multiple-apps-and-more.183988/
Relevancy 29.24%

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

Sorry, don't know much about building PC's...but I am learning fast! Also, is my power supply high enough? Thanks in advance.

A:Is this all compatible?

the link is broken. Just write out your parts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-all-compatible.183169/
Relevancy 29.24%

I ve been having some problems with my computer concerning speed and with a very short search I have found the problem My computer has only one GB of RAM That explains it In search of new RAM cards for my computer I have stumbled upon this one on ebay that might work I just want to get the confirmation PC? my Is this RAM compatible with from you guys Those RAM cards http www ebay com itm Kingston- G pt US Memory RAM amp hash item a d Hurry I only have about days until it s sold To assist you Here is my computer now It only has RAM slots and only works with DDR types of RAM It has a very decent CPU speed at about GHz I strongly believe that the PIN size needed for the cards is I looked it up Some questions that I need answered What is the maximum allowed RAM on this computer Is the RAM compatible Is Is this RAM compatible with my PC? this a good amount to pay for it or is there another cheaper way Should I buy a new computer or just stick with this one In advance Thank you for your help -Techtrainee nbsp

A:Is this RAM compatible with my PC?

There is not enough information. We need to know which computer you have or at least which motherboard you have in the PC.

Many motherboards only support 1GB per memory slot. There is no way of knowing if your motherboard will support 2GB per slot, without first looking up the information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-ram-compatible-with-my-pc.182134/
Relevancy 28.81%

I've never build a computer before but I have a general idea of what I'm doing, but I figured I'd ask a pro before I ordered the parts:

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB - harddrive
ASRock A785GM-LE - motherboard
LITE-ON Black - CD/DVD drive
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB - RAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition - proccesor
APEX DM-318 Black Steel Micro ATX Media Center 275W Power Supply - Case

so are these compatible and do you suggest any changes, the computer is for word documents and buiseness along with internet searches, I'd like to be able to run uTube and very simple video games like minecraft (at low settings)

Thanks for the help!

A:Are these computer parts compatible

I presume the RAM is DDR3? If so then the motherboard is not compatible with the RAM. What's your price range for the build? I'd also recommend a bigger PSU and a low range GPU because the built in GPU won't be able to handle even non intensive games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-computer-parts-compatible.181135/
Relevancy 28.38%

so im going to build my first gaming computer soon, and I have selected a list of parts. but I am very afraid of them not being compatible, and waste my money. here is my list:

motherboard: asus P8Z77-V pro Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY
procesor: intel core i7 3770K 3,5hz 8mb s-1155 IVY
graphics card: asus geforce gtx 570 directcu II 1280mb pci-e dvi/hdmi
harddrive: seagate barracuda 2TB 7200rpm sata/600 64mb
powersupply: corsair hx 750w atx12v 2.2 / eps12v
RAM: corsair 8gb ddr3 vengeance l pc3.12800 1600mpz cl9 (2X4GB)

dont think the other stuff is important, but if is it, tell me to write it in.
thanks.

A:Are my list of computer parts compatible?

Looks good to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-list-of-computer-parts-compatible.180833/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi everyone I m gettin a new pc and I m worried compatible? New parts are PC, the about compatibility problems My configration is like this Motherboard Asus P z -V Pro Intel New PC, are the parts compatible? Z Soket DDR MHz Sata CPU Intel Core i K Soket GHz MB Cache nm CPU Cooler Thermaltake CONTAC LGA amp AM AM AMA Graphic Card Asus GTX DirectCU II TOP GDDR GB Bit Nvdia GeForce Ram Corsair GB x GB Vengeance Low Profile DDr MHz CL HDD OCZ GB Vertex Series Sata SSD Read MB Write M Case Cooler Master HAF PLUS GX PLUS W MidT ATX Black Case Links might not be perfectly correct cause I didn t select the parts from newegg I am New PC, are the parts compatible? wondering if these parts will work well together Are they compatible Will they be able to work at efficieny Hm and this PC is for gaming So I can take suggestions also I would really appriciate your help Thank you PS My the way I heard that there was a cite checking the compatibility for you You choose your cpu ram graphics and it tells you if they will work at full effiency Does anyone have an idea about that because I can t remember the cite nbsp

A:New PC, are the parts compatible?

No idea on the site, but we can help you with compatibility anyway.

You've listed the GPU as a GTX 560, but the link is a GTX 560 TI -- which is different. The TI is very good, whereas the non-TI might be found wanting in some games. The build looks nice, but I think we need to know what games you would like to play, and at what resolutions. Reason for this is you might find your graphics card choice to be a little underpowered, dependent on your expectations.

Do you plan to overclock your system, or run it at standard clocks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-are-the-parts-compatible.179912/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all So the situation is thus we are looking into getting a new office NAS server? for server for our office currently all individual desktops and laptops and have been given a quote that has come in considerably higher than we d anticipated Part of this is due to the addition of a tape auto-loader as a backup device which is coming in at including tapes The benefits we ve been given for this are tapes being more robust especially if being take off NAS for office server? site and more secure than hard drives but I have a concern at how accessible the data is should we need to resort to accessing the backup This got me to thinking would a NAS device or multiple with hot-swappable drives used in a similar way provide the same functionality as the auto-loader but at a much cheaper cost And if so what would people recommend for this I am fairly well versed on consumer devices from the likes of Synology and we already have a Lacie NAS in the office for general file storage though it s not been that relaible but I have no experience with multiple bay hot-swappable models Is there a particular brand I should look at that offer more commercial devices or would a -bay Synology be fine Thanks in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:NAS for office server?

You are into the area of planning called "Business Continuation"; how do you continue
when there are different levels of failure?

Consider (list in order of difficulty):

drive or system fails
building becomes unusable (fire / floor/ storm)
city takes a tornado / hurricane hit
county / state looses power

In addition, tapes per se are frail media and for long term storage, need humidity and temp controlled storage - - and regardless, the magnetic info degrades and/or 'imprints' from one layer adjcent to another. We saw this with IBM and tapes stored at Iron Mountain.

Local backups (ie store onsite) work well for all variations of (1) and off-site storage
only delays the recovery time.

(2) will likely wipeout all local backups (tape or otherwise) and is why off-site is necessary.

(3+4) makes the point that off-site storage is viable ONLY when it is outside the area of the disaster.

IMO, tape is a dead media - - what a mess if you need to use a backup set and find that after mounting several tapes in a restore you find that the nTH tape is unreadable :OUCH:

a) you ask the right question; which NAS systems are most reliable?
Google for "review scsi nas with hotswap".

b) get a SCSI enclosure with several bays and implement Raid-1 (mirrored)
with auto-rebuild to avoid hard stopping the system while a new drive is brought online.

c) determine the degree of effort to recover 'lost data'. It is impractical to take
a drive offline every day, so what period can you tolerate between HD rotations?
(suggest one per week + one per month = 8 drive in rotation pool).
Then keep last weeks drive local and all else offsite.

my $0.02

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-for-office-server.178981/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am trying for the first time to put together a system. Yeh I know...I need help. First of all is this a usable card. It is comming out of an existing system.
Thanks, ynotbme

A:Is the ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 graphics card compatible with a Dell Vostro 200?

If the card will fit in the box it'll probably work for you. When I looked up Dell Vostro 200 they were built into two kinds of cases. There was one type built in a slim case and the other type built in a mini case. The mini case is much wider than the slim case. It looks like both types of cases sport motherboards with X16 PCI-E slots for adding an aftermarket video card. Trouble will arise if your 9550/X1050 video card has an AGP connector instead of a PCI-E connector, or you have a full size video card and a slim case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-ati-radeon-9550-x1050-graphics-card-compatible-with-a-dell-vostro-200.177434/
Relevancy 28.38%

i was wondering if HIS H675FS1G Radeon HD 6750 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card would work on a MSI G31TM-P21 LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard.

Card # at Newegg=N82E16814161395"]

Board#at Newegg= N82E16813130234

o wait the card is ddr3 , does that mean it won't work?

A:Graphics card compatible with this board?

Sure, the card will work fine. The graphics card memory is independent from the memory type of the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-compatible-with-this-board.176985/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi guys,
I got an intel HD Graphics 3000 and there are a lot of games i cant play with it. So i have an utility cd that has nVidia GeForce GT 525M. But when i try to install it, it says Compatible graphics hardwares not found. What must i do? should i uninstall the intel Graphics 3000 first?
Please help...I would be really grateful.

A:Compatible graphics hardware not found

This might sound like a silly question but have you installed the GeForce GT525M card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-graphics-hardware-not-found.176808/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello Techspot-folks,

I am looking for a soundcard that is within 100 dollars/euro, I currently own a 2.1 speaker set Logitech Z-2300 and I am looking for a soundcard that will bring me even better sound but isn't all too expensive and does not have to have unneeded functions such as support for 5.1/7.1 when I'm most likely not going to upgrade to in the near future due to spacing-problems.

I currently have an onboard Realtek HD Audio inside.

I have read mixed reviews, some say keep my onboard and others say buy a PCIe one, so not really sure what to do.
Thanks a lot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ex-58-extreme-compatible-pcie-sound-card.176399/
Relevancy 27.95%

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138298

This is my motherboard, apparently not any old video card can run on it, something to do with pins :/ So I need a new video card, anything $100-200 will do, but it needs to be a new good one to run Skyrim. My current video card is:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908

A:Need helping pick out a new video card that's compatible with my motherboard

Bit confused, that's a PCIe which you will need for any modern card and as a 6850 owner I'm having no frame rate issues with Skyrim. What resolution are you trying to play at? What are the problems you are encountering?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-helping-pick-out-a-new-video-card-thats-compatible-with-my-motherboard.175082/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello all,

Please feel free to comment on this hardware list.
Use : as above in title
No: O/C,SLI,Crossfire,movie downloads,on line games, etc.
Have: 1440x900 flat screen,mouse,keyboard,speakers
Budget;< $600

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM H61 DDR3 LGA1155 mATX PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI VGA DVI B3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core G620 Processor LGA1155 2.6GHZ 3MB Retail Box

Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card

Kingston 4GB Kit 2X2GB 1333MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered CL9 1.5V Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM

LG GH22NS70 Super Multi 22X SATA DVD Writer Black OEM

Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan

A:Budget new build for home/office/casual gaming

Nice build

The Radeon HD 6770 has a requirement of "450 Watt or greater power supply"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-new-build-for-home-office-casual-gaming.174536/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey techspot Basically I m not sure if a few components will work with my current ones I will be using my compatible Not if sure are components motherboard Asus p n-e sli and plan on buying a corsair gb force ssd However I have seen mixed comments if ssds will work with my motherboard I was also wondering if u find ram Not sure if components are compatible by another company but has the same timings cas latency and speed but has different voltages does that matter One last thing I think I ll need to update my bios for a new CPU I m thinking of getting Anyway I was wondering if I could use a memory stick but I m not sure how Any help would be greatly appreciated U may think it s a wate of me getting a ssd when my Mobo doesn t fully support it but I plan on upgrading to ivy bridge when it comes out Also would a corsair tx v be powerful enough to support sli gtx s If no over clocking was done Thanks Rory nbsp

A:Not sure if components are compatible

AS far as the SSD, it should be compatible, but the main consensus is that these drives require a little Bios tweaking to work properly.

For your RAM, Just make sure that its DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) spec. with a 240pin interface and you'll be good, you don't need to worry about using memory from different manufactures.

Edit: Also Since the minimum system requirements for ONE of those cards is at least 550Watts, and you want to use two, I would find something with a bit more power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-sure-if-components-are-compatible.174599/
Relevancy 44.29%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey everyone im brand new to this building your own gaming computer thing but i think i got most of it down with the help of youtube instructional videos lol Anyway this is my hardware so far please tell me its all compatible thanks C - Corsair CWCH Hydro H CPU Liquid Cooler - mm Fan LGA LGA LGA LGA LGA AM AM my compatible? computer hardware building, is to New lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - ASUS P P PRO REV Intel P Motherboard - ATX Socket H LGA Intel P Express MHz DDR O C SATA Gb s RAID Gigabit LAN -CH Audio USB SLI CrossFireX Bluetooth lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung HN-M MBB Spinpoint M quot Internal New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? Hard Drive - TB SATA G MB RPM lbs In Stock Details M - Sabrent EC-UEIS Hard Drive Enclosure - quot IDE SATA to USB eSATA lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? T A quot Class Widescreen LED Backlit HDTV Monitor - x Mega Dynamic ms HDMI VGA USB HDTV Tuner Energy Star lbs In Stock Details S - Masscool STARS- Silver Color Thermal Grease lbs In Stock Details C - Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal ty Champ PCIe Sound Card SB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - E - EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX SuperClocked Video Card - MB GDDR PCI-Express Dual DVI Mini HDMI SLI DirectX lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP HAF Advance Full Tower Case - ATX Black SuperSpeed USB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - U - Ultra U - X Gold Edition Modular Power Supply - W ATX Plus Gold mm Fan SLI Ready CrossFire Technology Active PFC Vibration Dampener Included Lifetime Warranty w Registration lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan Controller lbs In Stock Details A - Asus DRW- B ST BLK G AS Internal x CD DVD Drive - DVD R x DVD RW x DVD-RW x DVD R DL x DVD-RAM x CD-R x CD-RW x SATA MB Black lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - M - Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD English lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Corsair CMZ GX M A C Vengeance GB PC DDR RAM - MHz x MB Non-ECC Unbuffered lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - I - K Intel Core i - K BX I K Unlocked Processor - Quad Core MB L Cache MB L Cache GHz GHz Max Turbo Socket H LGA W Fan Retail lbs In Stock Details nbsp

A:New to computer building, is my hardware compatible?

You shouldn't need to buy thermal grease as the Corsair CPU cooler comes with some high quality brand already applied. Personally I've not bought a sound card for the last 3 or so PCs that I've built for myself. When using headphones I've found that the onboard sound solutions (usually from Realtek) have been good enough for my gaming needs. I'd personally sink the money for that into an IPS or MVA monitor rather than a "HDTV". Perhaps a Dell Ultrasharp ( http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...e_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch ).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-computer-building-is-my-hardware-compatible.174034/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey,

I'm looking forward to buying a new AM3+ mobo (Asus M5A97) and 2x4GB corsair vengeance DDR3-1600 to replace my current setup. I've read that the Phenom II X6 1055T I have supports up to DDR3-1333, so, I was wondering: what would happen if I use the DDR3-1600? Will it work or should I get 1333 memory instead?

A:Phenom II X6 with DDR3-1600 compatible?

what is the exact model of the ram? it most likely would work, just downclock it to 1333MHz but can check the Ram model number against the MB specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phenom-ii-x6-with-ddr3-1600-compatible.173800/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi i am new here and i'm glad i found this site,

i am terrible with computers and i need help for this game i want to play
the sims 2 ( i know its old) i downloaded it and a the message : failed 2 find directX9.0 compatible graphics adapters in the system .

i have no idea what it mean but ive been trying for a couple of hours to fix it please if anybody can help me step by step i would greatly appreciat it

A:Directx 9.0 compatible graphics adapters to play the Sims 2

hello Vanessa
can you tell me what is your graphics card name

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/directx-9-0-compatible-graphics-adapters-to-play-the-sims-2.173008/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am in the process of buying a new computer and I need to know if these components are compatible:

PSU: ISONIC IS-PX600 XTREME 600W PSU SIIS-PX600

RAM: MUSHKIN SILVERLINE 4GB DDR3-1333 LOW-VOLTAGE 2X2GB DUAL CHANNEL RAM KIT FO996768

DVD drive: SONY OEM SATA BLACK 24X DVD WRITER

Mother Board: ASUS P8H61 REV.3 LGA 1155 2X DDR3 1333 4X SATA GIGABIT LAN ATX MOTHERBOARD

HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.11 ST31500341AS 3.5 SATA 1.5TB DESKTOP HARD DRIVE IMST31500341AS

Case: RAIDMAX TORNADO SILVER WINDOWED SIDE PANEL CASE

GPU: PALIT GTS450 1024MB GDDR5 128BIT WITH SLI TVNE5S4500HD01

CPU: INTEL SANDY BRIDGE LGA1155 I5-2300 2.8GHZ QUAD CORE PROCESSOR

Thanks for the help

A:Are these components compatible?

Yes, it looks fine My only worry is that maybe you should look into buying a PSU from a more reputable company; I've never heard of iSonic before (but that might just be me). How much does the PSU cost?

Just out of interest, what are you planning on using the computer for? And what's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-components-compatible.172702/
Relevancy 29.24%

will my system HP p7-1037c be able to use a (sorry can't post a link yet i need 5 posts) startech 400 watt psu( ATX2POW400HS)? if not, do you have any recommended psu i could use?

A:Compatible PSU

Any quality 500 Watt or bigger ATX wattage power supply will work...

Some quality brands are:
Antec, Corsair, Thermaltake, OZC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-psu.170169/
Relevancy 29.24%

ok so i'm planning on building my first pc and i looked around newegg and this is what i managed to get

motherboard
processor
heat sink
ram * 2
case
video/graphics card
power supply
hard drive
cd drive
monitor
speakers
os windows 7 64-bit

yeah im kinda of in a budget (I'm kind of new on building and i have an extra $200 left for upgrades / or to buy more components-e.g a case fan, sound card.

If I were you I would wait for AMD's bulldozer series. Your motherboard supports it and you will have better performance.

If you want to save about 100 bucks then I would recommend the 6950 instead. It is cheaper and if you want to invest more in the 6950, then buy the toxic version from sapphire and overclock you will reach the 6970. You can also unlock it into a 6970. I heard it unlocks pretty well. And it also is the top 6950 on the market.

I would choose a different PSU. I would get a Corsair GS800 or if you want to invest more then a Corsair HX850 (modular). Mind you, the PSU is a little bit bigger than the normal ATX.

I would go for a different monitor. A 1920x 1080 or higher would make better use of your components, unless you will get 2 more via eyefinity.

That's all I can see so far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible.170003/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am planning on building my own PC. I would like it to last for about 2 or 3 years and run games well. Will this be good enough?

Here are the specs that might be used:

CPU Intel i5 2500k -188,30 ?
MotherBoard ASUS P8P67-M PRO (rev 3.0) - 129,81 ?
CPU Cooler CORSAIR Cooling Hydro Series H50 - 69,84 ?
GPU MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC - 252.89 ?
RAM CORSAIR 8GB KIT DDR3 1600MHz - 77,02 ?
PSU CORSAIR CX600 - 57,26?
Case CoolerMaster Dominator CM 690 Lite II Black - 77,51?
HDD SAMSUNG SpinPoint EcoGreen F2 1500GB - 62.69 ?
DVD drive SONY Optiarc AD-7260S - 17.74 ?

If you have any suggestions for improvements please tell me.

Thanks in advance

A:Will this build be compatible?

Looks a nice build, don't think you'll have a problem installing the power supply as the CX600 is a standard size unit. Depending on your budget, you might consider a Western Digital Caviar Black, pretty reliable and come in 1, 1.5 & 2TB capacities. As far as the DVD, there are quite a few choices including Lite-On, Samsung, ASUS & LG which should work for you. Depending on your budget, Plextor makes a nice CD/DVD Burner for just a bit more money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-build-be-compatible.166750/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey I was planning to build a new PC mainly because my current one is pretty beat up and old I don t want something high-end but I want something that will be able to run World of Warcraft on good ultra settings with decent fps So I went and looked up certain parts and it seems like they are compatible with one another but I want to these parts PC compatible? Are double-check Also I would appreciate if you guys gave any tips hints like should I change a certain part or something Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Graphics Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Power Supply http www newegg Are these PC parts compatible? com Product Product aspx Item N E Processor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CD DVD Burner http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Are these PC parts compatible?

Yes,
the parts are compatible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-pc-parts-compatible.169779/
Relevancy 28.38%

I need to know if all these parts are compatible with eachother because I am going to be setting up monitors to this one computer I Parts gaming computer? for compatible play games and I want to be able to watch like a movie on one screen play games on another screen and have music playing on the other just an example So are these parts good enough to be able to run any game on the highest damanded settings and able to be running other programs on the other monitors at the same time without any problems Thanks Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Processor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Fan http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Monitors per http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Well that s it and try to go easy on me it s my first one lol Thanks nbsp

A:Parts compatible for gaming computer?

I need to know if all these parts are compatible with eachother because I am going to be setting up 3 monitors to this one computer. I play games and I want to be able to watch like a movie on one screen, play games on another screen and have music playing on the other (just an example). So are these parts good enough to be able to run any game on the highest damanded settings and able to be running other programs on the other monitors at the same time without any problems? Thanks!Click to expand...

Hmm, no.
To do that, you'll need to just run the game in windows mode and just throw it to the side, I think. I don't think you need a separate monitor to play music.

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-520 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B
ASRock Z68 PRO3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

I'm not entirely sure that that card will have three display ports natively.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/parts-compatible-for-gaming-computer.168528/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello,
I would like to know the AMD Phenom II x6 is compatible with the MSI 785GM-E51 motherboard. I currently have that board and I am not sure if I should get a newer motherboard when buying the Phenom II x6 1100T.

Thanks in advance.

A:Is the AMD Phenom II x6 1100T compatible with the MSI 785GM-E51 motherboard?

Yes, the link below contains the CPU support list for the motherboard in question. Just as a pointer to you or others that may view this thread in the future; you can always search the website of your motherboard manufacturer and then check the CPU support list and QVL (Qualified Vending list) for compatible memory before purchasing items.

CPU support list: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/785GM-E51.html#?div=CPUSupport
Memory support list: http://www.msi.com/file/test_report/TR10_1866.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-amd-phenom-ii-x6-1100t-compatible-with-the-msi-785gm-e51-motherboard.167878/
Relevancy 27.95%

It's getting to be upgrade time again.

Going to go the server route, probably 1366 Xeon.

My questions are:

1. Do Xeon 1366's have different hole alignment/spacing that consumer 1366's?

2. If so, can anyone recommend some water blocks other than Koolance, which I know I can use, to take a look at?

Thanks for any help.

A:Socket 1366 Xeon - can anyone recommend compatible waterblocks?

Im pretty sure all 1366 motherboards use the same mounting holes. So any waterblock for the 1366 socket should be compatible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-1366-xeon-can-anyone-recommend-compatible-waterblocks.161388/
Relevancy 28.81%

If a mother board says it's compatible with DDR3 ram does it mean any type? For example PC3-10666 and PC3-12800?

I'm confused because this motherboard is compatible with DDR3 but this RAM doesn't list the motherboard model with compatible types?

A:How to tell what types of RAM a motherboard is compatible with?

If you go directly to (in this example) to Gigabytes support website for the motherboards model, you will see complete memory specs. If you follow the specs you won't have any problems or confusion

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-tell-what-types-of-ram-a-motherboard-is-compatible-with.165844/
Relevancy 28.38%

I was wanting some help in determining if these were compatible I don t want to waste money on incompatible sure a Building computer, compatible are if not these parts hardware Sorry I couldn t post links to the websites that I found these on I Building a computer, not sure if these parts are compatible am a new member and I don t have a high enough post count Case Antec Dark Fleet DF- Price Power Supply Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ- Price Mother Board ASUS Rampage III Extreme Price Hard Drive Western Digital WD AAEX GB SATA Gbps MB RPM Price Graphics Card XFX HD- A-ZNFC Radeon HD Juniper XT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card Price Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Pro Series Sound card - kHz - -bit Price OS Windows Ultimate -Bit Price Core Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I Price RAM Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR MHz PC - Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory CMX GX M A C -Pin - - - Non-ECC Unbuffered V Price DVD-ROM Samsung SH-B L - DVD RW R DL DVD-RAM BD-ROM drive - Serial ATA - x CD x DVD x BD x CD x DVD R x DVD R DL x CD x DVD-RW x DVD RW x DVD-RAM - Internal - Black Price Monitor ASUS ASUS INCH WIDE LCD MONITOR VW H DVI HDMI HDCP SPEAKER CD MS MS BLACK - VW H Price nbsp

A:Building a computer, not sure if these parts are compatible

A 1200W power supply seems way overkill considering the relatively modest single graphics card. You didn't state the purpose of the PC. If it's gaming, were you planning to upgrade the graphics card as well as doubling up with crossfire later? If not, consider starting out with a better card now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-not-sure-if-these-parts-are-compatible.164680/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, firstly I have a working knowledge of home computers and have been asked to sort out our computers in the office.

At the moment we have 3 desktops and two laptops running off of a server. The problem is the server keeps crashing and we can't access any emails or the shared drive we all use to store company information. We are getting fed up with the IT company we contract to sort out our computer needs. I was wondering if we even need a network server - would it be reasonable in the short term to just have a networked hard drive or two that we can all access. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what the benefit of a server is ?
I will say this is a new company and our IT needs may increase rapidly in the near future.

Thanks

A:Advice for our office network

A server is just another system, specially configured, to run Services and store common data.

A WEB server (aka google.com) has an HTTP Service running on port 80
and a backend process that find user search keywords in a database and returns an HTML output of those URLs.

A common 'Server' for business is the Windows Server {2000, 2003, and now 2008).

The Windows Server(WS) can be configured to provide

1. a local DNS Service

2. a local DHCP service

3. an LDAP (or Active Directory Service)

4. and frequently an Exchange Server (for email)

Services 1+2 then control your company hardware network and service lookups.

Shared data is usually kept on the WS and accessed as Shared Directories.

The brute-force simple network just uses a system to contain the Shared Directories

and everyone just does his/her own thing (ie no domain.name and no email server {which doesn't look good or show much professionalism} ).

If Joe Doe jr, IT-Guy can't give you a stable WS, get another. This time ensure that
you get refunds of the monthly service fee for every hour of down time (if they balk at this, select another - - they're not too professional either).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-our-office-network.164408/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,
If the integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 on Asus M4A88T-M gets crossfired(x) with HD5770, will they run DX11 applications?
Thank for your help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-hd-4250-crossfirex-dx11-compatible.161962/
Relevancy 27.95%

Was wondering if anyone can suggest a Good HSF for the new socket 1155

A:Good cooler that is compatible with Socket 1155?

nvm i just read that they are same as 1156 coolers so sorry to bother you all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-cooler-that-is-compatible-with-socket-1155.159420/
Relevancy 29.24%

hey guys i got a little problem

i got a cpu processor AMD athlon (tm) 64 x2 Dual core 4200+ 2.2GHZ ( 2 cpu's)C
graphic card : Nvidia geforce 8400 GS

atm im running with 1 gb ram but gonan buy another and better one. what ram do u recommend : 3 gig ram OR 4 gig ram to be compatable with cpu ??

A:RAM compatible with CPU?

Wouldn't it be helpful to know the motherboard, and the operating system ? That information is what is usually needed first... then the memory answer comes fairly quickly.
I would not want to try to match the existing memory module, but rather to buy new modules all of the same brand and specs... mixing memory modules too often slows things down a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-compatible-with-cpu.159507/
Relevancy 44.72%

My home network consists of a 3com office connect and 2 PC connecting to it through wireless. In the 3com config, i can see the Internet IP address is 203.223.210.232 but i am not able to ping it from my office network.
The router actually connects to the socket provided by my building, so i havent really subscribed to any ISP. I don't know if this IP is real and can be accessible from outside. Or the issue is that the router just doens't repsond to my ping. Any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Cannot ping my 3com router from office

it looks like a external ip but it still could be internal only.
you buildings network could have ping or icmp disabled or disallowed..
i would assume that there is a router/ switch which distributes network access to everybody, managed by the building.

did you try an nslookup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-ping-my-3com-router-from-office.159981/
Relevancy 25.8%

That pretty much (64-bit) flickers/disappears 7 on pointer XP mouse apps/games Win says it The app game can run quite well but drives me insane trying to use the pointer to click on hotspots Sometimes the pointer is only visible when it rolls over a hotpiont and lights it up Otherwise the application runs quite well Examples this week are CIV COLONIZATION but not CIV IV GUILD WARS prob the worst Earlier games like AGE OF WONDERS seem Win 7 (64-bit) mouse pointer flickers/disappears on XP apps/games to work fine I do see this mostly in games The other issue I have a lot is that I Win 7 (64-bit) mouse pointer flickers/disappears on XP apps/games can install and run a game from the CD DVD but then the game will not play as it cannot see the disk it just booted from and claims it is not in the DVD drive What is causing these and can anything be done I have tried all the usual compatibility fixes I have even run them on a VMPlayer XP emulator with no success It reminds me of the issues with DOOM TRILOGY on WIN XP That Win 7 (64-bit) mouse pointer flickers/disappears on XP apps/games was dos driver issue for the mouse However this problem occured right out of the box before and after updates installed Win Home Premium -bit updated to current Gateway SX- Core i CPU GHz Gateway dual-core CLARKDALE Gb DDR RAM GRAPHICS EQUIVALENT MB ATI Radeon HD XT or better MB NVIDIA GeForce GS or better or Core i or better integrated graphics it uses the integrated graphics chip i Systems Requirements Labs says these should run on it nbsp

A:Win 7 (64-bit) mouse pointer flickers/disappears on XP apps/games

Have you tried another mouse? Is the mouse wired or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-7-64-bit-mouse-pointer-flickers-disappears-on-xp-apps-games.158996/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello everyone I have a rig I built and a half years ago that I m trying to upgrade piece by piece which includes the following hardware - AMD x ghz - gb ddr ram - ATI Radeon x xt mb - a r MVP-deluxe motherboard - w cooler master power supply I obviously need to upgrade this system to play some decent games and for D animation and I wanted to upgrade my videocard specifically I was looking at the radeon as it has some pretty good specs and isn t too expensive I will upgrade my mobo and everything good a8r32 compatible Asus cards? MVP-deluxe, video any later but I can t until I allocate more funds Would a be compatible with my mobo it would only be temporary I already ordered a new power supply w for decent power I just want to get rid of this x xt as it overheats like crazy and causes artifacts constantly What Asus a8r32 MVP-deluxe, any good compatible video cards? would you recommend i do My next mobo will be good and i want to upgrade to a quad core phenom or maybe an i I m on the fence when it comes to processors Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Asus a8r32 MVP-deluxe, any good compatible video cards?

Any PCI-e x16 video card will work... Your motherboard can accommodate 2 of these video cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8r32-mvp-deluxe-any-good-compatible-video-cards.158852/
Relevancy 44.29%

So I got a slingbox for Christmas and I need more ports.

I currently have 5 computers, a printer, Apple time capsule w/wi-fi AP, and a vonage box connected to a Netgear 8-port FVS318 connected to another Vonage box which is in turn connetced to my dsl modem.

So I'm looking to move to a 16 port router with some type of QoS support that I can prioritize the traffic from the vonage boxes so they don't cut out when I'm on the phone & transferring files or using my sling box.

I have been browsing around and I found Netgears FS116E but I'm not quite sure if this would be a good fit or quite how it would best fit into my network since it is a switch.

I have also been told I should look at a gigabit router.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

A:Upgrading home office network - need suggestions

Do you really need a 16 port router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-home-office-network-need-suggestions.158837/
Relevancy 44.72%

I already have laptops, pocket PCs, mobile phones, and tablet PCs

A:What devices can you use for mobile computing in the office?

Need to describe What you NEED to do vs what you would like to do.

Have you ask the I.T. department about company standards/policies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-devices-can-you-use-for-mobile-computing-in-the-office.157797/
Relevancy 22.79%

Using Apps 1 OS to from Disk Question on & Disk 0 cloning Vista x Plan on using True Image to clone OS amp Applications partitions C D from Disk to Disk Of course before booting to the new cloned OS have to set it active amp old one hidden Windows will assign C to new active boot partition Not sure about others Question is about the drive letters of the other several partitions on BOTH HDDs Maybe my Question on cloning OS & Apps from Disk 0 to Disk 1 questions should be about switching HDD cables or changing BIOS settings Right now on disk have C thru L On disk have partitions M - P Some all of those could be moved to disk at some point during whole process Don t have to move all those partitions amp data from disk to disk amp not too concerned about the assigned drive letters of any except the OS amp Applications After creating blank formatted partitions in front of M if also cloned D amp maybe E F from disk to how would Vista treat the cloned drive letters on disk amp others already on disk - M thru P Since current disk will become booting disk is there any reason or necessary to switch disks amp HDD cables on mobo Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-cloning-os-apps-from-disk-0-to-disk-1.157665/
Relevancy 28.81%

My name is Vic and this is going to be my first build I have been Is - build it First suggestions compatible and/or any doing a bit of research for the last few days and have come up with this build the price of this build not including the monitor is about If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be greatly First build - Is it compatible and/or any suggestions appreciated Thanks again Approximate Purchase Date As soon as Possible First build - Is it compatible and/or any suggestions Budget Range Around System Usage from Most to Least Important Gaming movies Parts Not Required OS mouse keyboard hopefully monitor CPU - Intel Core i - Lynnfield GHz MB L Cache LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I Motherboard - BIOSTAR T XE CFX-SLI LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Graphics - SAPPHIRE SR Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity PSU - CORSAIR CMPSU- VX W ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply Memory - CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMX GX M A C Hard drive - Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive CPU Cooler - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer Pro Rev mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler CD DVD Drive - Sony Optiarc Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM MB Cache SATA CD DVD Burner - OEM Case - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Possible Monitor - ASUS VH H Black quot ms HDMI Full P Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m ASCR Built in Speakers Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:First build - Is it compatible and/or any suggestions

Sounds good, actually.
I like this motherboard a little more though.
GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

IMO worth the extra $2.
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3RPR1600C8LV4GK

Got some thermal paste?
Also, built in monitor speakers aren't really nice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-is-it-compatible-and-or-any-suggestions.155427/
Relevancy 27.95%

So im looking for a compatible processor upgrade for my old Looking good processor upgrade.. for any suggestions? compatible a Dell XPS It currently holds the Core Duo E I am limited to buying only from newegg com and all I can see thats on the list is the E but its the wolfdale model would this be compatible I was also looking at the wolfdale E and E series just trying to see if anyone has had any luck with these in a XPS I want to get the best upgrade possible and I know there are more processors that work besides whats on their compatibility list which Ive attached below Thanks for any help this is dells list of compatible processors for the XPS with the BIOS update PR Presler P G X MB Looking for a good compatible processor upgrade.. any suggestions? FSB D UY Presler P G X MB FSB C YW Presler P G X MB FSB D XJ Presler P G X MB FSB C PU Presler PD G X MB FSB D DK Presler P G X MB FSB C RT Presler P G X MB FSB C UJ Presler P G X MB FSB C CJ Presler P G x MB FSB B DK Cedar Mill G MB FSB C PN Cedar Mill G MB FSB D PY Cedar Mill G MB FSB C KU Cedar Mill G MB FSB D PY Cedar Mill G MB FSB C DK Cedar Mill G MB FSB C DT Cedar Mill G MB FSB D HU Conroe E G MB FSB L DX Conroe E G MB FSB L RX Conroe E G MB FSB M DT Conroe E G MB FSB B DU Conroe E G MB FSB L DX Conroe E G MB FSB B DU Conroe E G MB FSB L KN Conroe E G MB FSB B DX Conroe E G MB FSB B KU Conroe E G MB FSB B PN Conroe E G MB FSB B WM Conroe XE X G MB FSB B FG Smithfield P G MB FSB Mainstream B UY Smithfield P G X MB FSB B HU Kentsfield Quad Core Q G MB FSB B MP Kentsfield Quad Core Q G MB FSB G UT Prescott P G FSB MB ALT G UT Prescott P G FSB MB ALT G UY Prescott P G MB FSB G thanks guys nbsp

A:Looking for a good compatible processor upgrade.. any suggestions?

The Q6600 seems the most future proof to me? but does Newegg sell it? sorry, not had a look at the site so, probably would be a good starting place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-good-compatible-processor-upgrade-any-suggestions.154559/
Relevancy 27.52%

Audio card for Dell Dimension compatible with Windows Hello everybody Fresh member and glad to be here Lemme start with a problem I am hoping somebody here can help me with Last weekend I upgraded my Dell Dimension to Windows After some work finally I am left with just one compatibility issue it came with the SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio card Dell compatible 8300 for Dimension card with 7? Windows Video and I am unable to find drivers for it that work Video card for Dell Dimension 8300 compatible with Windows 7? with Windows I searched online and found a few others have hit Video card for Dell Dimension 8300 compatible with Windows 7? this problem and even suggested solutions which didn t work for me I am guessing I will simply have to bite the bullet and buy a replacement audio card Problem is how do I make sure that an Audio card is compatible with both the hardware Dell Dimension and the software Win I am not a gamer so am not looking for the best-of-the-best just something that allow me to play songs and video And yes the integrated in the existing card s name - does it mean I cannot remove it or it is integrated with something else video card Will that be an issue thanks - radhak nbsp

A:Video card for Dell Dimension 8300 compatible with Windows 7?

Welcome!

you can try DriverEasy and see if it finds any working drivers(?) it was recommended to me also here on TechSpot so now I pass it on for me it works really good, the only down side with the free version of the program is that the download is really slow (limited to 8-20kbps).

Do you mean you want to remove the integrated wound card? -basically everything that is "integrated" can be disabled (in the bios) but not removed. If you get an other sound card and install it then most likely the bios will automatically disable the integrated sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-for-dell-dimension-8300-compatible-with-windows-7.154400/
Relevancy 27.95%

My Promise FastTrak 378 Controller is not compatible with Windows 7. Any recommendations on what controller I should replace my current controller with and is Windows 7 compatible? I have gone to stores to purchase whatever I may have needed for my computer only to end up having to return my purchase. Apparently, the sales people did not understand what "compatible with Windows 7" meant. Since I still have a lot to learn in the land of computers, I need a little help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-promise-fasttrak-378-controller-is-not-compatible-with-windows-7.154258/
Relevancy 27.52%

Please help! I am replacing an old PCI Graphic Card that ran ATI with a new Diamond Stealth S60 Radeon 7000 ATI PCI Graphic Adapter. But during the driver installation I receive the message "This display driver is not compatible with the display adapter installed in your system". I have tried using the Driver CD that came with the adapter and also downloaded the driver software from the manufacture site. Even attempted to remove all ATI software files and drivers and perform clean install. No Luck same message. Oh, and this is a custom built systems with Windows XP home/ P4. Therefore there is no onboard adapter in the bios to disable.

A:Diamond Stealth S60 Radeon 7000 display driver not compatible

Are you trying to install the drivers with your old card in the pc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diamond-stealth-s60-radeon-7000-display-driver-not-compatible.153804/
Relevancy 28.81%

Ok I am very new to building PCs so I apologise in advance

I have purchased computer parts that i thought would work together but alas I cannot get the PC to turn on, the parts I have are as followed:

Intel X58 Motherboard
Intel i7 920x Processor
XFX GeForces GTS250 Graphics Card
XFX 650 XXX Edition Power Supply
Western Digital Cavier Green 2TB Hard Drive

I then have a Samsung CD Drive and a Soundblaster 7.1 sound card but not sure if they are important.

All parts are brand new aswell

Thanks

A:Are my computer parts compatible

They are compatible. I would not have chosen the WD Green at 2TB.

What CPU cooler do you have... did it come with the i7 ?
What memory modules ?
What operating system?

Doe you mean that it doesn't boot or that it does not turn on at all.?

You need a way to setup the hard drive. Do you have another hard drive available?

First thing to do is double check the setup of every component... when you are rested and relaxed...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-computer-parts-compatible.152965/
Relevancy 28.81%

This is my first so any nooby help would be appreciated.

- Corsair TX750W 750-Watt Power Supply -
- Corsair XMS3 Tri Channel 6GB PC12800 DDR3 Memory 1600MHz -
- EVGA X58 SLI LE Motherboard -
- EVGA AR GeForce GTX 460 Video Card - 1024MB -
- Windows 7 64bit Pro
- Western Digital WD5000AAKS Caviar Blue Hard Drive -
- COOLER MASTER Storm Scout -
- Asus DRW-24B1ST 24X Internal DVD Burner -
- Intel Core i7 930 Processor BX80601930 -

I think i listed everything. Thank you greatly, in advance.
Also if you know a good CPU cooler.
I guess i can't post the links sorry. =(

A:Are these parts compatible? + suggestions?

In spite of the fact that it's just asking to be confused, I would wait for a few more opinions on the motherboard.

Win 7 64 bit pro is about the best choice for an OS you could make at the moment.

The WD Caviar blue, I'd rather see you grab the same drive in a Caviar Black. (Once you've had a Caviar Black, you'll never go back). What does that even mean.......

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-these-parts-compatible-suggestions.152803/
Relevancy 27.52%

I plan to upgrade my video card from geforce 9500GT to geforece GTS250.. my mother board model is gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P..

A:Is the GeForce GTS250 compatible with a DDR2 board and PCIe slot?

Yes.
Powersupply? Just making sure...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-geforce-gts250-compatible-with-a-ddr2-board-and-pcie-slot.152306/
Relevancy 24.94%

I was trying to play Neverwinter Nights on my laptop The install went fine but when i tried to play the game i gave me the error message quot no Error "no compatible found" device message direct3d direct d compatible device found quot I updated direct X and the driver Error message "no direct3d compatible device found" for the video adapter My best guess is that i need to get a better graphics card to get it to work I looked around a little and from what i hear the best choice for this laptop is to get a Nvidia geforce go the problem with that however is that i have yet to find anybody who actually has one I checked newegg amazon ebay and of course with Nvidia themselves but the only one i ve found is already installed in a laptop Specs My computer is a dell xps running windows pro The processor is a Intel core duo T GHz The video is onboard Mobile Intel Express Chip Set Family It has GB of RAM Let me know if there is any other information about my specs you need to help me with this Any help or advice you can offer would be appreciated nbsp

A:Error message "no direct3d compatible device found"

Double check your laptop manual but when I checked it, I saw no way to add or change the graphics. You will have to live with what you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-no-direct3d-compatible-device-found.152293/
Relevancy 27.09%

Sims 2 help?
I played Sims 2 yesterday and it was working. I have no expansions for The Sims 2. I do have downloaded content. I just don't know why whenever I startup the Sims 2 this message comes up "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."I did run dxdiag and I have X9.0c on my computer. Sims 2 is the only game I have on this computer so I made sure I had enough space. ​Help please!
I have tried cleaning the disk and taking off all of the downloadable content
Thank you!

A:Sims 2 failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter in this system

What graphics card do you have? Also, did you try to install the latest graphics driver available for you card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sims-2-failed-to-find-any-directx-9-0c-compatible-graphics-adapter-in-this-system.150870/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey guys compatible Problems motherboard adding new RAM to this looks like a great forum to find help with my problem Well I decided after my computer kept getting the blue screen to upgrade my ram So according to my mother board which the link to Problems adding new compatible RAM to motherboard my model is below Since Im new I cant post the exact the link tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku M - H url I can upgrade to two gb Ok so I ordered gb Centon which is compatible to PC - PC - DDR - and DDR - So according to this its Problems adding new compatible RAM to motherboard suppose to be compatible unless Im missing something here Anyways I took out the old ram which was gb and added the new ram The computer wouldn t start So I took out the ram and placed in second slot and still the same problem computer wont start Added the new ram to the empty slot and the original back to its slot This time my computer went real quickly to the bios screen and went black Took out the new ram and left the old one on the same slot and obviously the computer started I can t figure out for the life of me what the problem is Do I need to purchase another stick of gb so they can match Is it that gb stick wont work on my computer This is all new to me Any ideas I read on the net and tried the run msconfig boot ini advanced options and attempted to change MaxMem to the actual gb number but it would reset back to Im all out of ideas Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Problems adding new compatible RAM to motherboard

Link isn't working BTW.
Did you check your motherboard's list?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-adding-new-compatible-ram-to-motherboard.150284/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi I am wondering if it matters what video card I place in my motherboards pci express slot.
Does it matter if its ddr2, ddr3, or hd.

Also whats the difference from pcie 2.0 x16 and pcie x1.
Does it matter which one I place it in?

A:Video card compatible?

In answer to your questions...

PCI-E card for PCI-E slot...

The cards memory (vRAM) makes no difference for compatibility, it can have DDR2, GDDR3, 4 or 5. "hd" isn't a memory standard...

Depending on how your third question is interpreted;
(a) PCIe x16 (2.0) has a theoretical bandwidth twice that of 1.0, 500mb/sec as opposed to 250mb/sec -multiply each by the 16 PCI lanes (hence PCIe x16) to get the theoretical bandwidth of the slot (8Gb/sec vs 4Gb/sec). Data transfer rate and base clock frequency are also doubled.In reality there is little difference between the two since most of the graphics functions are handled within the card itself. Slot bandwidth only comes into play where the graphics card and CPU need to communicate in an intensive manner.
(b) A PCIe x16, as shown above, offers a much greater bandwidth than does a single lane PCIe x1. Such a large reduction will impact graphics performance in a great amount of gaming scenarios. See this article for a comparison of real world PCIe bandwidth (The article is based on the then current 1.0 specification)....

Always place the graphics card into the primary PCIe x16 slot if you have two or more available. This slot is invariably the PCIe x16 slot closest to the chipset/CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-compatible.149814/
Relevancy 28.81%

this is a new/replacement mobo im looking at buying. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...id=ITD&recordsPerPage=5&body=MAIN#ReviewStart

now on the website for the manufacturer, http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/cpu_support.php?S_ID=440

that's saying my processor, which all i remember off the top of my head is a 2.6 ghz pentium 4 , isnt compatible because the speed of my processor isnt posted on the biostar site.

would my processor really not be compatible?

Ill try to find out more specific specs of my processor.

A:Is this mobo compatible with this processor?

Why question it when there are so many boards and so many processors available. Have you already purchased?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-mobo-compatible-with-this-processor.149861/
Relevancy 28.38%

Ok so i need a new video card my motherboard is a PEGATRON CORPORATION NARRA it has a NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce in it right now but i wanting to upgrade it to NVIDIA GeForce GTX if thats even better at all Im trying to play card buying one a new is video I'm not compatible what sure bfbc but it so slow that the graphics dont keep up i can throw c take secs for the c to show up and then blow it and it takes forever for anything to happen even single player is slow and my pc has gb ram heres my current video car specs in case ya want to see Card name NVIDIA I'm buying a new video card not sure what one is compatible GeForce SE nForce Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce SE I'm buying a new video card not sure what one is compatible nForce DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV D amp SUBSYS A C C amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name HP Series Wide LCD Monitor Monitor Model HP Monitor Id HWP Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvd dum nvwgf umx dll nvwgf um Driver I'm buying a new video card not sure what one is compatible File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Ex Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- - CF- D - A C C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x D SubSys ID x A C C Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name nv lh inf NVIDIA Mfg NTamd nv NV x ci ven de amp dev d Rank Of Driver F Video Accel Also if you can give me suggustions on any cards that would work that would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:I'm buying a new video card not sure what one is compatible

That should work, but with Pegatron, you never know, and they are not willing to tell you on their website.

Do you have the motherboard memory maxed out, a decent hard drive, and all other features up to snuff? You shouldn't be having major problems with that video card, and it may be that you will not be able to get better performance, based on that system board.

I see you apparently have already searched a number of other sites... so info is scarce.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-buying-a-new-video-card-not-sure-what-one-is-compatible.149420/
Relevancy 29.24%

Aida 32 is tellimg me that I have now 1024 DDR SDRAM but the people that I am buying want to know whether is 133 or anything else, how do I find out and where do I look. without having to open up my computer.

A:How to buy RAM that is compatible with my computer

CPU-Z will give you detailed info about what's installed, the speed, free slots, etc.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-buy-ram-that-is-compatible-with-my-computer.148643/