Windows Support Forum

DVD drive won't read NEW DVDs it has burned

Q: DVD drive won't read NEW DVDs it has burned

Gwarsh Hope this isn't too long to be boring Yes what a has burned won't DVDs drive DVD it read NEW weird problem it is the dvd drive reads all the previous DVDs it has burned but not the new ones I tested the new DVDs on my other laptop eMachines Windows Pro which reads them perfectly The problematic DVD DVD drive won't read NEW DVDs it has burned drive also reads the new and old discs burned by that other laptop I use Windows s own burner app I've tested also CDburnerXP which gave the same results This could be a problem caused by burning data from an external drive I do this sometimes usually by accident And this is because Windows always copies the external data to a temporary burn folder on C-drive and I tend to take time designing the temporary to-be-burned data with the wizard making new folders deleting files inserting new files quot resinserting quot deleted files completely deleting files and yet starting over with same files I've checked and the temporary burn folders are empty I have three drives C D and E Is it weird that I have three temporary burn folders when there's only drive E that uses the burner There's one folder with today's date and the other are - years older Should I delete the older ones I remember I've had this problem once before a year or two back I think but I remember even then the thing got fixed accidentally meaning something that didn't make sense to me at the time

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DVD drive won't read NEW DVDs it has burned

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: DVD drive won't read NEW DVDs it has burned

Hi there

DVD's should be FINALIZED before they will read in different DVD drives / standard DVD players etc. You might still have a session open on Multi-session.

Check also HOW you are burning DVD's - there's quite a few different things -- for example data (as a DVD-ROM), as an .ISO as a VIDEO DVD as a DVD rip etc etc. DVD authoring also requires a different setup such as "cloning" or copying DVD's. Also are the DVD's Double layer or what. All sorts of possible things here.

Subject is a bit too complex without more info.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359166-dvd-drive-wont-read-new-dvds-has-burned.html
Relevancy 103.2%

my cd drive is a cd dvd drive and it will not read burned cds whenever i put any burned cd in there whether it has music or just data on it it doesn t autorun so i go to my can't dvds, cds or burned cds... or Cd Drive read older computer and try to open it there but it tells me to Cd Drive can't read burned cds or dvds, or older cds... quot please insert a disk into the drive quot so it doesn t see it at all i can t open them through other programs like windows media either The drive also won t read commercial cds that are older than XP games like Deus Ex can t install because of one error or another but games that came out after XP work fine I ve posted this question on other forums and been told to maybe update my drivers but that doesn t work because i have the latest drivers Also someone said that they accidentally deleted a file once when they had this problem and they got that file again and it worked fine i just don t get this though it used to work fine before we had to reformat now it just doesn t So does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is and how i can fix it thanks nbsp

A:Cd Drive can't read burned cds or dvds, or older cds...

Maybe this will be of some help:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q321641

Of course you've checked and re-seated all cables.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-drive-cant-read-burned-cds-or-dvds-or-older-cds.125627/
Relevancy 89.01%

Used Nero and new DVD-RW drive to burn lots of data to DVD-RW discs as data discs. New DVDs will read perfectly in other PC. My PC will not recognise / read them. Explorer simply sees no files.
I'm using Windows XP on PC, and all my updates are installed, so far as I can tell. Other DVDs will read perfectly in this drive.

Any ideas? It's really irritating to know that the data is on there but not be able to access it!

Thanks for any ideas!

Relevancy 75.68%

My dvd drive in my Emachines laptop cant read data disks anymore, but it can read/play music and video dvds without any problem.

I have an Emachines D732z. I have Windows XP and drive is hl-dt-st dvdram gt32n.

I'm unsure of the cause of the problem. Can anybody help out? thanks!

A:DVD drive can read video dvds but cant read data disks.

Are the Data discs CD's? When you say Musicand video dvd's do you mean Music Cds and Video dvds?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-can-read-video-dvds-but-cant-read-data-disks.1028581/
Relevancy 74.82%

hi guys, my latest problem is this...My cousin burned a cd for me using nero..this cd has info on it that i really wanted,problem is my drive doesn't read the disk, it's as if there is no disk in the drive , then the drive would later show that there is a disk but when i open it it's blank...i went to my cousins house and used the disk in his drive and it works...info and all, what is the problem with mine.

Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4467, The DVD/RW drive is a Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device and it will not read blank CD's or Cd's that have been burnt. It will read everything else what do I do?

Relevancy 73.1%

Will not read purhased audio or software discs.

Dell Dimension 8100 W2K NEC NR-7800 SCSI

The drive worked perfectly well before, this is a recent problem. I can't recall doing anything that would have caused this problem.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I recently installed a game which came on a DVD disk The will not RW read DVD CDs) drive (But DVDs will read install had a few problems and it needed to restart several times It looked as though it was unable to read the disc which resulted in a failed install Eventually it installed and all was fine The game needs a disc check to start up and so it must be able to read the DVD before the game can start It was able to read it and I quit and restarted the game several times with no problems However I DVD RW drive will not read DVDs (But will read CDs) tried another game restart and the launcher could NOT DVD RW drive will not read DVDs (But will read CDs) read the DVD quot no DVD RW drive will not read DVDs (But will read CDs) disk in drive quot error I re-inserted the disc and it worked Later I had the same trouble multiple times It worked one final time but I later tried to start the game and thus read the disc and it refused to acknowledge a disc was in the drive I restarted I removed filters by editing the registry I uninstalled the DVD drive drivers and even tried blowing air into the drive I have also tried microsoft s quot fix it quot software for the drive None of these methods resolved the problem The drive cannot read any other DVDs either opening them from quot computer quot just opens the disk tray and states there is no disc in the drive The drive IS able to read CDs which obviously means something I m not sure if there are two different lasers or something For this reason I m leaning towards a software fault but I don t know what to do to remedy it The drive in question TSSTcorp DVD RW TS-H F ATA My OS Vista bit Thanks very much in advance for any help nbsp

A:DVD RW drive will not read DVDs (But will read CDs)

Yes. there are two lasers, and it sounds as though one has failed.
Replace the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rw-drive-will-not-read-dvds-but-will-read-cds.1004882/
Relevancy 70.09%

My DVD drive is Plextor DVDR; my Computer is HP Pavallion, desk top and I am runing Vista. I tried the same DVD on my Laptop and it worked. When I put the DVD in the drive on my desk top, I get a "message that says "Please insert a disc into removable drive"

A:DVD drive does not read DVDs or CDs

I think this is posted in the wrong section of the forum. But check the drivers are correctly installed in Device Manager (Start, r/click My Computer, Manage, Select Device Manager on the left hand column) Look from any devices with a yellow exclamaion next to them. If so find te latest drivers online and install!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-does-not-read-dvds-or-cds.1049112/
Relevancy 70.09%

I was burning a disc and all of a sudden it failed and i can no longer read CDs or DVD's what can I do?

A:CD/DVD Drive won't read any CDs or DVDs

replace the drive its probably failed.

or remove it in device manager and reboot.

whilst the pc is shut down take the side of the case off and see if the connector wire is in properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drive-wont-read-any-cds-or-dvds.142555/
Relevancy 70.09%

So my problem is this My DVD drive simply refuses to read DVDs CDs work fine and for some reason the DVD with W is also read by W itself Any other DVD both single and dual-layer are unreadable Windows simply ejects the tray when I try to open a disc and DVD won't Drive DVDs read asks to put in a disc I tried both retail DVDs and DVDs which I burnt myself none of them work except for the W install disc I also tried reinstalling the driver twice and upgrading the firmware from to I have an Optiarc AD- A I doubt it's the lens seeing as how it's still able to read the Windows disc and it didn't have any problems in XP can't try that now as W is the only OS on my main computer So does anyone have any ideas I'm also thinking about hooking up another drive to my PC to see if that DVD Drive won't read DVDs one works DVD Drive won't read DVDs and my current drive to another PC but before that I'm wondering whether anyone of you can help me

A:DVD Drive won't read DVDs

CE

Is the drive int, or ext? USb, maybe?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/19311-dvd-drive-wont-read-dvds.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a HP DVD 940i dvd drive and it has been working pretty well since i got it. I have ran into this problem occasionally but eventually i get passed it. My problem is that when i put in a dvd, my drive won't recognize a dvd is even present. When i explore my dvd drive is says "please insert a disk into drive." Can anyone offer any help?

Relevancy 70.09%

My CD drive on my computer was recently not working. It would open and close just fine, but when a CD/DVD gets put into the CD Drive, it will not read the CD. All of my CDs that I put into the drive show up as "DVD-RAM Drive (D:)", and when I double click it with the CD inside, it brings me to a blank page, just like clicking into a blank folder. I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 3. I've been looking everywhere for help, and this is the only place I could count on for help. Thanks!

A:My CD Drive will not read any CDs/DVDs

Look in the Device Manager to see if there are any errors under CD/DVD-ROM.

Some times drivers become corrupted, try reinstalling the driver.

If you click on the + in the box it will expand the tree to display your optical drive/s. Double click on the drive in question and then click on Properties. Click on the Driver tab at the top of the page and then uninstall the driver. When you restart your computer the Installation Wizard will recognize new hardware has been installed and look for the appropriate driver for the drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363490/my-cd-drive-will-not-read-any-cdsdvds/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey Recently my DVD burner does not see any DVDs on my computer that I built a couple of months ago It does not see Movies Games that are DVD Blank DVD-R or DVD-R that I have written information to I have put in a few different DVD Won't DVDs Drive Read CDs Game Audio and Data and they do get recognized by the drive My problems all started when I was writing to a Blank DVD While it was burning the burn process failed about midway through After that happened my problems with the drive not recognizing the DVDs started I had done a system restore to an earlier restore point before I had the problems with the drive but that did not help So I undid the system restore I have also tried uninstalling the drive from the Device Manager and restarted but that also did not work The computer is running Windows Professional -bit The model of the DVD DVD Drive Won't Read DVDs burner is a LiteOn iHAS -T B The Manufacture Date of the drive is April so it s not that old of a drive Any help would be very appreciated Thank You Paul

A:DVD Drive Won't Read DVDs

Microsoft Fix it Center Online - http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/Portal

MS Fixit, Optical Drives - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425810/dvd-drive-wont-read-dvds/
Relevancy 70.09%

I recently installed Windows 7, and for some reason my disk drive will not work anymore.
My DVD Drive is a TSSTcorp CD/DVDw TS-H653L.

There are a lot of people I know who have Windows 7 and a Samsung drive that have the same problem.

It seems to read any CDs but does not read DVDs

A:DVD Drive will not read any dvds

I'm just giving some amateur advice here but, Recently I had that happen to me with a Benq drive. So sad too because that Benq drive was like, the king of drives. I'll never have a better one again....but i digress

Anyway, it began to stop reading dvds/cd-roms/cds etc. Off an on. Sometimes it would read, other times it wouldn't, and when it DID read, it would usually fail during the middle of an install saying it couldnt read the disc even if it was perfectly fine etc. I don't have a solution for you other than telling you that it's possible your drive could be toast, or hanging on by a thread, much like mine was. I had to get rid of it and buy a new one because nothing worked.

Don't take my word entirely though. Perhaps some fine people on here might have better solutions for you. But I just thought I would throw in my 2 cents since I had the same exact thing happen to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-will-not-read-any-dvds.887096/
Relevancy 69.66%

My DVD drive does not read any DVD when I insertit. I uninstalled thne driver and rebooted and it still does not read a DVD. What should i do next? Please Help! OS is XP

Relevancy 69.66%

Ok, so my grandpa gave me his old comp. cuz I love working with computers and am usually really good with them. not this one. My DVD drive wont read DVDs, it will read CDs just fin but refuses to believe there is a DVD in it. It worked just a few days ago. The comp. is an HP Pavillion 552w... HELP please. what do I do?!?!

A:DVD drive wont read DVDs :(

First step, try uninstalling the DVD in Device Manager and rebooting. This will sometimes restore full function to the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-wont-read-dvds.582870/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone could help me re. my laptop DVD drive cannot seem to read DVDs.
It seems to be able to read CD disks fine but for some reason is having difficulty reading DVDs.
The drive seems to be searching the disk then this patterns repeats 3-4 times till finally the message come up to put a disk into the drive.

I have burned a few DVDs on my PC and they work fine in there but recently this problem with the laptop drive reading them has come up. Previously there were no problems reading the disks on the laptop, this seems to have happened quite suddenly.
Could there be a hardware fault that causes only CD disk to be read perhaps, or could there be a software problem?

Thanks in advance for any help

A:DVD drive in laptop can't read DVDs

Try Unistalling the DVD Drive in Device manager. Close Device Manager when complete and then reboot the computer.The Drivers for optical drives is part of Windows. It will find new hardwar when you restart and load the appropriate driver for the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-in-laptop-cant-read-dvds.731951/
Relevancy 69.66%

My cd-rom drive has stopped reading anything other than DVDs. It plays DVDs fine but software, music, video games, data discs, if it isn't a DVD it makes a
sound like it's trying to spin the disc but it retracts. Since it plays DVDs I figure it has to be a software problem. I've tried uninstalling the drive and having Windows reinstall it, it's still the same. The worse part is I can't even do a system restore to see if starting from scratch will fix it because they're on CDs.

If you have any idea how it can be fixed please help me.

Presario 700 laptop
XP Home
SP 1

A:cd-rom drive doesn't read anything other than DVDs

hmm so your cd rom drive can play dvd's hmm there not suposed to do this so it seems to me that it must be a factory fault and your cd rom drive must actually be a dvd rom drive dut dvd rom drives can play anything yes its a software problem try updating the software of take your cd rom back to were you bought it and have it replaced as it might also be a hardware problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-drive-doesnt-read-anything-other-than-dvds.312022/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a hp a1530n computer with an XP operating system. I cannot get it to read any dvds that I have recorded on my mini dvd camcorder. I also cannot save anything on a blank dvd.

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all, I have a Lenovo R61 laptop that currently has Vista Business on it. It is pretty much brand new and since I can remember it doesn't read cd's or dvd's. When I put one in it spins up but nothing else happens. If I got to My Computer and double click the drive it sees it as blank and asks me to format it. When I tell it yes of course it craps out and says the disc is protected. But after that if I double click it again, it opens up and has all the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS directories and contents. Also I can burn cd's/dvd's and can boot to them as well. If anyone can help out I would greatly appreciate it!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/optical-drive-wont-read-cds-dvds.732368/
Relevancy 69.66%

I'm new, so please bear with me. Basically, my dvd rom drive won't recognize blank discs. It shows up as 0 bytes used AND 0 bytes free and capacity is 0 bytes as well. It can read everything, except blank discs... It's not only in MY COMPUTER, but when I use burning programs like DivX or Nero it tells me to 'Insert blank disc' and the blank dvd is already in there! Discs I've tried: Memorex and Pleomax...DVD+R and DVD-R.. Why is this happening?? And more importantly, how do I fix it?! PLEASE HELP!!!

A:Why won't dvd rom drive read blank dvds???

the problem is ROM. ROM stands for 'Read only memory'. A ROM drive can only read, ie. It can only play discs which have info on them.

Unfortunately this is a hardware issue, a ROM drive will not copy or burn, it will only play.

On the upside, the hardware fix is very easy. Nip down to the local PC shop and buy a RAM drive (DVDR). You can pick a fairly decent one up for about ?30, and they are pretty much 'plug 'n' play'. You have the option of an 'internal drive' or an 'external'. I'd go for the internal (a little cheaper and the bus connector is faster then a usb).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-wont-dvd-rom-drive-read-blank-dvds-367048.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi folks. Another problem with my DVD drive here which I didn't have with Windows 7. As the title says my DVD drive will only read CDRs and not DVDs. My DVD drive is an Atapi iHAS122 . Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

Regards
Martin

A:DVD drive will only read CDRs, not DVDs

Could be that the DVD laser itself has gone bad.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10169-dvd-drive-will-only-read-cdrs-not-dvds.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello all,

As the title says, it can't read or write DVDs. It also says its a cdrom in many places but it isn't.

Thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3068 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT , 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 147500 MB, Free - 71442 MB; D: Total - 142847 MB, Free - 142753 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 8930, PSMBOU-1234567, Base Board Serial Number
Antivirus: None

A:DVD Drive cannot read or write DVDs

How old is the DVD drive and do Cds play and work OK?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-cannot-read-or-write-dvds.953391/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

My OS is Vista Home Premium 32 bits.

My cd/dvd drive is HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM LG GSA-H55N SCSI.

I have one strange problem with my cd/dvd drive since a couple of days.

---My cd/dvd drive doesn't recognize Maxell CD-R discs and certain movie dvds and doesn't read any music cds (manufacturized albums). When I insert the disk, there's this message ''Insert the disk on Drive E:''.

But it doesn't have any problems with other CD-R and DVD-R like Memorex and Sony.

Last week, October 26, I played a DVD movies (like Broadway melody) without any problems. I tried to play it again today it gives me the ''insert the disc message''.

Is it due to some Windows update? or anything?

Thanks

Anyone has an answer or tip?...

A:CD DVD drive doesn't read certain cds and DVDS

Check for Firmware upgrade @ LG's Support site. Sometimes updates are released to increase compatibility with more brands of media (disks).

ReadMe from latest Firmware v1.06 download.

LG Electronics Service Online :: Home

Click on "Device Driver" (small image of floppy disk) then choose DVD ROM (Writer) from the product drop menu and then search. Your drive's firmware comes up in a list amongst others. File name is GSA-H55N_106.zip

=========================
LG Electronics GSA-H55N
Firmware Version 1.06
=========================

Never update the firmware if the problem you’re having is the drive
isn't seen by windows, won't write with the included software, or other
interface related problems, unless the firmware specifically states it
fixes the problem you are having. Firmware updates normally don't fix those
types of problems. Trying to update the firmware when there are interface
address these problems can damage the drive's firmware. An error when
updating the firmware is usually caused by a problem with the drive
interface or there is more than one drive connected to that IDE channel.
------------------
Version History
------------------
v106
- Added write strategy for POLAND media (EMTEC : MJC M005)

v105
- Improved media support

v103
- Improved DVD recording

v102
- Improved playability for CPRM media.
- Reduced playback noise of DVD movies.

v101
- Improved disc readability.

--------------------
Supported Drives
--------------------

This firmware upgrade is for LG Branded drives. This upgrade is NOT
designed for drives manufactured for HP, IBM, Compaq, Dell or any
other OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) customers, please contact
the OEM for all firmware updates and support for your OEM drive.
------------------------
Upgrade Instructions
------------------------

This firmware software only works in windows mode with Windows
98/ME/2000/XP. If you encounter problems in flashing the firmware or have
any questions, please contact our LG customer support line toll-free at
1-800-243-0000.

1. If you haven't already, download the firmware file and extract the zip
file.

2. Connect the drive to the secondary IDE channel as a master drive with
no other devices connected to that channel (Ignore if it's an SATA drive).
Start Windows and verify it can recognize the drive.

3. Close all other programs including: screen saver, and /or antivirus.
Do not open any programs or start any system functions during the
update as they can interfere with data transfer and damage the drive.

4. Open the firmware program.

5. Click the update button and do not touch or interfere with the drive
while the firmware is being upgraded. IMPORTANT - DO NOT INTERFERE WITH
THE DRIVE DURING THIS PROCESS. If an error occurs during the upgrade
process, or the upgrade process is cancelled during this process, damage
to the drive can occur.

6. When the upgrade is complete the screen should say FIRMWARE UPDATE
SUCCESSFUL. Re-boot your PC.

7. Enjoy!
If you experience any problems or have any questions, please contact LG
customer support at 1-800-243-0000.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/191267-cd-dvd-drive-doesnt-read-certain-cds-dvds.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Today, I burned the data into the multisession CD R/RW CD that I had used only once earlier i.e. I burned the second session onto the CD and finalised it. The data burned successfully. Then I tried to copy the data from this CD on another system which had a SAMSUNG COMBO Drive. It reads only the first session burned on the CD and does not show the second session burned onto the CD and also shows the space acquired by the second session to be blank/unused.
Please let me know where the problem is and how to solve this problem and make the latter read the data?

A:CD R/RW burned in a drive is not read in another drive!!!

It may not be possible for a specific drive to read the multi-session disk. How old is the Samsung drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-r-rw-burned-in-a-drive-is-not-read-in-another-drive.312088/
Relevancy 68.8%

I cannot play any type of CD or DVD on my disk drive. It was making a very loud whirring noise, so I opened it, and took the disk out, then closed it again. When I tried to put the disk in again. Nothing happened, and the computer think's there is nothing in the disk drive. I can't think of anything else that would have caused this.
Is there something wrong with the laser or cable?

It is a LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S

A:CD/DVD drive does not read CDs/DVDs, but PC does not report a problem

Your Drive is bad, you need to replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drive-does-not-read-cds-dvds-but-pc-does-not-report-a-problem.90605/
Relevancy 68.8%

HP - DVD CD drive will only play CDs nbsp Not DVDs nbsp After Upgrade to Windows The windows upgrade initial attempt was not good nbsp Nothing listed in the All Apps start menu etc Did a reset from Settings gt Update amp Recovery gt Recovery gt Reset this PC nbsp Reinstalled all software using USB thumb drives when all I had was a DVD installation disc or downloaded installation files Good installation nbsp Everything worked and very snappy As the title states the drive will handle CDs just fine nbsp I have tried DVD-Rs DVD movies and various original software DVD/CD Will reading Post... not RW drive read only DVDs. CDs. DVDs Before the upgrade I imaged the hard drive DVD/CD RW drive only reading CDs. Will not read DVDs. Post... to an external USB drive by using a DVD boot disc for the back up software nbsp The system offered me the Press any key for the CD prompt which I did and the PC booted into the backup software with no issues and likewise performed the backup without error After the upgrade same DVD boot disc the system did not even recognize it was there no press DVD/CD RW drive only reading CDs. Will not read DVDs. Post... any key prompt Tried a second boot pressed the esc key to enter boot selection menu and manually selected the DVD nbsp Again it bypassed it with no press any key prompt and booted into windows The BIOS sees the drive Device Manager sees the drive No errors are present anywhere that I can see Tried uninstalling and reinstalling from Device Manager Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the IDE ATAPI controllers from Device Manager Tried removing high and low filters in registry but they were not even there Tried reg exe add HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services atapi Controller f v EnumDevice t REG DWORD d x at the command promptRan the F diagnostics from boot splash screen everything including optical drive passed Driver Version Date Is there any HP specific software needed to run the DVD side of the house nbsp I notice the HP folder C hp drivers hpsu with a setup exe file nbsp Any thing there I need to reinstall Thanks for your time nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/DVD-CD-RW-drive-only-reading-CDs-Will-not-read-DVDs-Post/td-p/5697954
Relevancy 68.8%

my dvd drive wont read dvds but will still read cds i tryed everything i could think of uninstalling reinstalling rolling back driver update driver regisery mechanic system restore and recovery checked event log said i have a bad cable any ideas pls and thnx

A:Solved: dvd drive wont read dvds

This is a common failure. Replace the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dvd-drive-wont-read-dvds.875068/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey guys, first post!
I have a Gateway M685-E laptop with a Philips CDRW/DVD SCB5265.

After doing a clean of Windows 7 install over XP, my CD drive stopped working completely, I messed around and installed some drivers from Dell and got it to read CDs but not DVDs.

Since then I have tried installing Windows XP and Ubuntu with no success getting the drive to read any DVDs, all it does is spin and make a nasty garbling noise.
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 68.8%

I've been trying to watch my Big Bang Theory Season 4 DVDs. I've started watching discs 1,2 and two and they're recognized fine in my drive but disc 3 isn't even recognized and the drive says please insert a disc.

A:DVD Drive unable to read certain DVDs but most of them are readable.

Hum maybe something wrong with the codec or damage to the initial read area - look at the very inner "start" surface as they read disks from the centre to the outside just like the old vinyl records used to read from out to in ( a very long spiral).

Look for scuffs and scratches though they tend to have to be pretty bad on DVD's. Blu ray disks are a little more susceptible because they use a finer "burn" line than the ordinary DVD's

I don't know where you are but if the problem is damage either take it back to the seller or try and repair the damage by buffing with some silver cleaning polish DON'T use brass cleaner as it uses solvents and will "melt" the disk surface the silver polish like Silvo is water based.
It takes a bit of elbow grease but works fine for me on DVD's and CD's and sue mainly an in to out cleaning action (straight strokes) .

You can but cleaning kits but in my experience they do more damage than good especially the ones that use a spinning disk that "wanders in an elliptical fashion over the disk surface

It could also just be a bad manufactured disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/278126-dvd-drive-unable-read-certain-dvds-but-most-them-readable.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have this DVD drive that reads video DVDs and pretty much any other application of DVDs but it can't read data DVDs or install software from them.

A:DVD drive doesn't read data DVDs

How old is the DVD drive.
The most common failure item in a computer built in the past 10 years is the optical drive. The laser burns out, or the laser gets out of alignment, or the belt slips, or the drive wheel slips.
They generally last about a year, but if you use them a lot, they will fail after six months.
Luckily, they are very inexpensive nowadays. You can replace one from Wal-Mart, or Best Buy, or Target, or Circuit City, or the remaining CompUSA for about $$24 to $29 to $34 to $39. Four screws, and some cable exchanges, and you are done... if you can figger out how to get into the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-doesnt-read-data-dvds.97338/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello everyone. my name is Adrian, i recently purchased a gateway gt5228 desktop with the windows 7 upgrade. It all works great but it has one problem, the dvd rw/cd rw drive can read dvds just fine but will not burn. the drive is a lite-on combo sohc-4832k ata device. Windows dvd maker says "a dvd burner was not found. make sure a dvd burner is connected and installed, and then try again". This same program wont even recognize the drive, however other software like nero, recognizes the drive just not that its a recordable drive. I've been researching this problem for awhile now and have found that many people have this problem but have not seen a solution anywhere. Id really appreciate your help so i can get to burning some family home videos. Thank you very much in advance. any i mean any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296154/desktop-dvd-rw-cd-rw-drive-will-read-dvds-and-cd-but-will-not-burn/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Fujitsu C-Series laptop with megs of memory gig HD and a Panasonic-Matshita UJDA combo cd read writer and DVD reader The OS is Windows XP Pro Service Pack The CD DVD drive can read any DVD I put in In Explorer My Computer the drive shows up correctly I can get a directory listing play the movie etc However the same drive is extremely unreliable with cds to the extent that its useless Most often after putting in a cd I can hear the drive click moving and it s clear that the drive is doing retries This includes CDs not Combo but Laptop will read Drive DVDs original manufacture data cds Explorer will show the drive as a cd dvd drive Double clicking on the cd drive will cause Explorer to hang for several seconds Then Explorer will either show the drive as Laptop Combo Drive will read DVDs but not CDs only a CD with Laptop Combo Drive will read DVDs but not CDs no data or it will hang until I eject the disk Frequently the door won t even open whether through an eject in Explorer or I physically press the button When a cd will not eject I can turn off the computer restart it and the drive is freed I ve checked for BIOS updates for the CD but there are none from the manufacturer I ve check for driver updates with Fujitsu and there are none All bios settings are the factory defaults - typically using auto-detect for devices I don t think that drive is physically broken Laptop Combo Drive will read DVDs but not CDs It always works as a DVD player but not as a cd player I m running the same configuration on my Desktop and it never has this problem I can take cds that won t work in my laptop and they work in my desktop The laptop s bios automatically recognizes the CD DVD by name Anybody got a suggestion I ve even considered going back to SP but SP is on a CD that can t be read Thanks Kees nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I hope and not read Optical write DVDs listed won't Drive or I m in the right forum for starters I have a Toshiba Satellite L t-B- laptop running Windows bit Intel Optical Drive not listed and won't read or write DVDs Celeron GHz processor GB RAM It is fitted with a DVD-RW drive which until about a month ago was able to read and write DVDs and CDs Now it will play CDs but not DVDs and definitely won t write DVDs I haven t tried writing a CD recently I ve tried the advice from Microsoft - no change I ve tried to edit the registry via the CMD function but it bounced the instruction Optical Drive not listed and won't read or write DVDs intowindows com fix-dvd-drive-not-detected-in-windows- and CD-DVD Icon Repair made no difference I suspect something has deleted part of the registry when Optical Drive not listed and won't read or write DVDs I uninstalled it and I need to tell the computer somehow that it has a DVD drive not a CD drive as it shows in the properties HJT log follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX x en-GB Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclMSBTSrvEx exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA System Setting TssSrv exe C Program Files x Nokia Nokia Suite NokiaSuite exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Users Jeremy AppData Local Opera Mail operamail exe C Users Jeremy Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http toshiba msn com pc TEJB R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO avast Online Security - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO WOT Helper - C E A- F - E -BDD -A E FEB - C Program Files x WOT WOT dll O - BHO Adblock Plus for IE Browser Helper Object - FFCB - F - E B- - ED - C Program Files Adblock Plus for IE AdblockPlus dll O - Toolbar WOT - - D- c -AAE - F EC BF D - C Program Files x WOT WOT dll O - HKLM Run TSVU quot c Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Smart View Utility TosSmartViewLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run AvastUI exe quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe quot nogui O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKCU Run Amazon Music quot C Users Jeremy AppData Local Amazon Music Amazon Music Helper exe quot O - HKCU Run NokiaSuite exe C Program Files x Nokia Nokia Suite NokiaSuite exe -tray O - HKCU Run CCleaner Monitoring quot C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe quot MONITOR O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - Protocol wot - C A D B-CB F- - A -DF F E D ... Read more

A:Optical Drive not listed and won't read or write DVDs

CD and DVD use different parts within the drive. It is very possible that the dvd laser failed and the CD part still works fine. As a very simple test, boot the machine with a bootable dvd [optical drive set as first boot device in bios/uefi] If it will not boot with a bootable dvd, the drive has failed. Note you can use a windows install dvd or a linux live dvd for this test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/optical-drive-not-listed-and-wont-read-or-write-dvds.1161775/
Relevancy 67.94%

Please help! I found one thread on here where someone had the same issue, and there were links to two "Fixes" ...one of them worked for the CD I inserted during the process..it showed up in iTunes in everything. When I took the CD out and tried to put it in a new one, it went back to the same thing - saying there is no disc in the drive. I tried running the fix again and this time it keeps saying not fixed. I was so excited because it looked like it worked, but no. The computer says that the drive is working properly, but obviously it isn't. HP wants to charge $60+ to fix it because it's a few months out of warranty. I am not especially tech savvy, please help!!!!!!

A:My CD drive won't read any CDs or DVDs, says device is working properl

Hello MeganMKennedy. Welcome to the forum.

The most common problem is that iTunes adds an UPPERFILTERS key to your registry. Deleting that key can correct the problem if that is the case.

This solution is very common and has been suggested and done many times and is quite easy.

The following link provides 2 solutions. The first "Mr Fixit" just does the deletion automatically. If you want to check for it and delete it manually you canm use option 2.
Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs

If it is not that then you can try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd...problems/en-us

Device Manager will say the device is working properly only because it is 1) recognized by the BIOS, and 2) has a working driver. This, of course, ignores the fact that the device has problems functioning. It is an annoying message to see when you are having a problem!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/243672-my-cd-drive-wont-read-any-cds-dvds-says-device-working-properl.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am sure this is an easy fix, but I can't figure this out:

The DVD RW drive on my laptop can play movies, but it will not recognize blank DVD's. I have tried DVD-R, DVD+R and DVD+RW and nothing works. I am trying to backup some data and getting really frustrated.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

A:DVD drive plays movies but won't read blank DVDs

Download DVD Info Pro

Install it
Activate Later (button, bottom right hand corner)

Now you know for sure, if it can write DVDs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-plays-movies-but-wont-read-blank-dvds.117689/
Relevancy 67.51%

I recently built a new computer and used my old hard drive with a copy of vista on it My plan was to install windows on it because I did not think vista would load with all the new hardware Well it did but its acting wierd For example a brand new dvd burner that was working a few hours ago used it to install drivers and what not can dvds Computer, read old drive Old copy with hard of New vista/can't no longer read dvds at all Attempts to load the windows installation disk have failed setting the dvd burner as first in boot order just loads windows the computer sees the dvd burner and I hear it spin up but it does not even bother with disks now I hope its because of combination of new mother board with old windows and not a spontaneous dvd burner death can anyone help me Perhaps with a method to check New Computer, Old hard drive with old copy of vista/can't read dvds either if its windows or the burner or maybe some possible work arounds

A:New Computer, Old hard drive with old copy of vista/can't read dvds

Did you not reinstall Vista after installing the old hard drive? if not, do that. If you did already, make sure you have Service Pack 1 and all possible drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-computer-old-hard-drive-with-old-copy-of-vista-cant-read-dvds-385851.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I recently replaced the hard drive in my year dvd cd plays drive but dvds read or not combo cds will data audio old HP notebook The original HD was an IBM Travelstar gig and the new HD is an IBM Travelstar gig I am not sure if this is related to my cd dvd combo drive plays dvds but will not read audio or data cds problem but note it here just in case After reloading my OS with factory provided restore discs as well as downloading other freeware such as hijack this and ad-aware se my Sony CD-RW DVD combo drive will not read data or audio cds It reads them as being blank cds and after the auto-run starts the box asking me what I would like to do with the inserted blank cd pops up DVDs however play perfectly in the system Obviously the drive was working when I reloaded my OS with the factory restore discs I ran hijack this once after installing to establish an ignore list of installations on the restore that are not a regular part of my Windows XP Home but I have not deleted anything I have upgraded the driver un-installed and re-installed the drive downloaded Windows updates SP- and and other patches amongst other suggested solutions and have restored the computer back to when I first re-installed the OS all to no avail The only thing I have not done is a complete reload of the OS I have seen some solutions that speak about BIOS updates and configurations and HD partitions but they are in response to problems similar to mine but not exactly the same thing I am reluctant to try those without more info I am at this point thoroughly exasperated I want to reload some picture and audio files as well as reload Office XP on my machine but can t Please help Any suggestions nbsp

A:cd dvd combo drive plays dvds but will not read audio or data cds

Well, here's what you can do to narrow it down to a software issue. You said the drive obviously was working when you reloaded your OS from the factory restore disks, which I have no dispute on. So how about rebooting with one of those disks in there again (the first one thats bootable), if it boots off of that again great, but be sure to cancel everything so it doesn't wipe your existing system.

Provided it boots from that your drive is still good, and it is something in Windows, something I can't think of right now though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-combo-drive-plays-dvds-but-will-not-read-audio-or-data-cds.28466/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have set up a video and a dvd recorder to transfer videos to dvd they copy fine and can play them back in any dvd play or xp machine but when i put the burned dvd in my vista laptop it just recognises it as a blank dvd even though its not , can anyone help with ideas , cheers

A:Burned DVDs

Hi telscosasie,
Welcome to the forum.
Go to device manager & check the drivers, make sure they are up to date.
You might also like to try & re-boot:-

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Please let us know how this goes.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288328-burned-dvds.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I DVDs Skip Burned have recently bought a new dvd burner and am having couple of problems with it st The first DVD I burned played fine but now the second DVD skips in the later parts of the movie Both of the movies were in avi format and Nero Vision Express Burned DVDs Skip software provided with the burner Burned DVDs Skip automatically converted them to DVD format to be burned I left the computer idle so extra resources won t occupied and the process would go smoothly However when I tried to play the movie it started skipping near the last quarter I thought it might be the dvd player since it was running for a while about two hours before I popped in the burned DVD so I let it cool down but that did not affect the outcome as it kept skipping at almost the same points There were no scratches on the DVD so that could not be the problem The one thing that might have caused it to skip is that I edited out the credits and the beginning producer and distributor logos to fit it into the dvd It was about megs less than the normal dvd size with a track included at the beginning as background music for the Title Menu nd I cannot seem to burn a data DVD using Nero I was trying to burn a huge collection of music and other data documents short clips diffferent kinds of files I tried it three times The first time I tried burning everything and it failed at around Burn Process Completed The second time I excluded some files I thought may cause the error but it failed again at around Then the last time I tried burning only the mp s as an mp disc but it failed again The type of disc I used for all three processes was a DVD R DVD plus R which is writeable only once and cannot be written to again And I got the same error each of the three times I tried Error reading data AM Text File DVDPlusRW cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode Yes AM TRANSFER - File Reader cpp Line Error reading data Any help or useful references would be highly appreciated I am completely new to dvd burning I have had problems before burning CD-R RWs but that was only a couple of times about a year ago This is a different drive and a different burner nbsp

A:Burned DVDs Skip

for the first one, what kind of file / movie is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burned-dvds-skip.361440/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey good people I will so appreciate any help with my problem s The problem No Burned on DVDs Sound is basic regarding what s NOT happening NO AUDIO AT ALL ON BURNED DVDS WHEN PLAYED THROUGH MY ACER LAPTOP -ALL PLAYERS BACKGROUND I ve been burning dvds for quite awhile with the same computer my HP desktop and then play them using my laptop and an HMDI cable No Sound on Burned DVDs connected to my television There has never been any issue that I No Sound on Burned DVDs haven t been able to solve But recently the files I burn to DVD have no sound when I play them in my laptop I have checked the audio cable connection and that s not it The DVD works perfectly fine on my desktop -sound and all I do not use my DVD player to play burned DVDs because they either do not work or work well for most of the movie then become pixelated and freeze etc BUT to try and eliminate possibilities I have been testing them on my DVD player recently and the DVDs quot work quot in the manner just described -sound and all I have tried slowing down burn speed to slowest rate I have used various burning programs including Nero Burning ROM SoThinkMedia DVD Maker ConvertXtoDVD most commonly and has always worked best and some others Nothing is currently working I have not nor has anyone else changed any of the audio settings on my laptop at least I don t think so Thank you all in advance for your thoughtful help Looking forward to a solution Another issue My Windows Media Player on my laptop will not play the burned DVDs at all -goes into a silly loop thing right from the beginning Does play video in other players I use including Showtime VLC and about others nbsp

A:No Sound on Burned DVDs

I've seen a lot of views but no help. Here's to hoping...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-on-burned-dvds.951980/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello all Ok I m trying to burn video files that I captured with my tv tuner to a dvd movie but can t get it to work I m getting my signal over the air antenna and it s in atsc format digital broadcast My problem is that my dvds never have sound once burned I ve tried it on two different computers as well The video files I m burning are captured in mpg format and playback fine in windows media player but play without audio in nero showtime I ve tried burning with nero burning rom in win xp came with dvd burner my preferred program and also with Audio. Have No Burned DVDs windows vista s quot dvd maker quot program in windows vista Both produce discs with no audio If I quot explore quot the disc in my computer it has only VIDEO Burned DVDs Have No Audio. TS files and no AUDIO TS Is there any other program I can Burned DVDs Have No Audio. try free to do what I want If not any good program that will work I ve looked at nero cyberlink and roxio as possible paid solutions but I d prefer not to have another nero product Obviously I d prefer to not have to buy a program but if I have to I will Any help would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Burned DVDs Have No Audio.

Does anyone have any input? I really want to be able to burn the files to dvd...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-have-no-audio.61827/
Relevancy 65.79%

I downloaded &burned 2 movies on my PC.
They are: Things To Come from http://www.archive.org/details/movies it is MPEG2
and The Giant Gila Monster from http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/index.html it is .avi
The dvds play fine on my PC but I'd like to be able to play them on any dvd player is this possible?

Relevancy 65.79%

For the last few days every time I try to burn a dvd the writing software is going through the entire burn process and telling me it has succeeded and yet at the end the disk is still completely blank. It does not matter what I am burning or what i am burning it with I always get the same result. Nero, Windows Vista itself and Convert X To dvd are all doing it. I seem to be able to burn cds still, but dvd burning has stopped. The drive will still read disks that i burned previously. I did hear that other programs can interfere with these things but no information on which ones.

Relevancy 65.79%

I don t know if this is the right forum or not but here goes I m on Need DVDs burned advice having trouble with my wedding DVDs The guy who filmed my wedding and reception did all of the editing on his Mac computer Then he burned one DVD for the wedding and another for the reception both on his mac and sent them to me The first time he mailed the DVDs to me they were on the DVD-R discs They wouldn t work on my -year-old Philips DVD player and they wouldn t work on my parents brand new Pioneer DVD player that they got for Christmas They d start to play fine then they d start pixellating and finally they d freeze So the guy burned the DVDs again this time using DVD R discs because the box that my parents player came in said that it could read DVD R We thought that might have been the problem However we tried the new DVD R discs over the weekend on both DVD players and again they don t work Same exact problem as before -- at first they work fine then they start pixellating and finally they freeze up entirely The guy says that he doesn t know what s causing the problem because the DVDs work fine on his DVD player He also tried it on a couple of other players and the DVDs were fine there too He doesn t know what else to do at this point and he s suggested that we purchase different DVD players He sent me a list of players that are Need advice on burned DVDs supposedly compatible with DVD-R discs However I really don t want to buy new players when I and my parents both have DVD players that play all other DVDs with no problems Anyone have any idea what s Need advice on burned DVDs going on I m open to any ideas At this point he s offering VHS tapes but I really want DVDs because the quality is better and they last longer Any advice is much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Need advice on burned DVDs

bump! Please help if you can. I'm not technologically-savvy, so I have no idea how to fix this DVD problem.

Thanks!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-advice-on-burned-dvds.198181/
Relevancy 65.79%

Please help! I am trying to rip some burned dvds onto my computer (a MAC) to put on my Ipod...I have been using handbrake to rip ordinary dvds, but when I try to rip ones that I have burned it says that there is not a valid source. Any ideas?

A:Ripping Burned DVDs

You could give WinX Free DVD Ripper a try.It supports all types of DVDs ........ rip all types of DVDs into AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, MPEG1/2, MP4, etc. video formats.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267780/ripping-burned-dvds/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, My os is wxp sp3 and I am using infrarecorder to burn dvds from videos I downloaded using youtube downloader, but when I burn them to cd they will play on my computer but not on another dvd player like my norcent. Can anyone Help?

A:Burned DVDs won't play

Try burning the DVD's in an .iso format. You have probably selected the wrong format in InfraRecorder . Go over the options carefully. I burn all my DVD's in the .iso format. They play fine on all my DVD players and my computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-wont-play.165413/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello, My os is wxp sp3 and I am using infrarecorder to burn dvds from videos I downloaded using youtube downloader, but when I burn them to cd they will play on my computer but not on another dvd player like my norcent. Can anyone Help?

A:burned dvds wont play

Are you converting them to DVD video format (MPEG2) or just burning them as data in their native format (WMV, AVI, etc)?

Does your DVD player support formats other than MPEG2?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burned-dvds-wont-play-575484.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am looking through old CD's/DVD's to see what is on them and when I pop them in all I see is this: DESKTOP.INI

but as you can see here there is files on the disc:

When I pop the CD's into my laptop they show up. What is going on here? It is doing it on certain DVD's so far it seems to be doing it on Memorex DVD+R discs.

I am just guessing because it was only 3-5 discs that have done this so far. Is there a setting or something I am missing?

I just put a CD-R in and it also refuses to show the files. My friend told me it's because my Drive is -R and the disc is +R. However the CD-R not showing up kind of shoots that theory.

A:Files on burned CD/DVDs not showing

Did you finalise the DVDs when you burned them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/307537-files-burned-cd-dvds-not-showing.html
Relevancy 64.93%

DVDs I burned on my old computer played fine but now when I try to play them on a computer I got in 2011 there is picture but no sound. They work OK with picture and sound in my DVD player attached to my TV.

I have Windows 7. Is there some codec or filter I need to install?

I'm not very technically savvy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-on-dvds-i-burned-in-2007.1154825/
Relevancy 64.93%

I use Acronis True Image 11 for backing up, all from the bootable CD, I don't have Acronis installed. After creating an image I verify it with Acronis. I also like to burn the image to DVDs and verify them on DVD also. When I burn them to DVDs with Vista, Acronis wont recognize them to verify or restore. If I burn them with Nero Acronis will verify them and can restore them.

Any images burned to DVDs would already have been verified while on the HD before burning to DVDs.

Any body know what the difference is between burning them with Nero verses Vista in relation to Acronis not recognizing the images burned to DVDs by Vista?

A:Acronis backups burned to DVDs

Originally Posted by glatzfront

I use Acronis True Image 11 for backing up, all from the bootable CD, I don't have Acronis installed. After creating an image I verify it with Acronis. I also like to burn the image to DVDs and verify them on DVD also. When I burn them to DVDs with Vista, Acronis wont recognize them to verify or restore. If I burn them with Nero Acronis will verify them and can restore them.

Any images burned to DVDs would already have been verified while on the HD before burning to DVDs.

Any body know what the difference is between burning them with Nero verses Vista in relation to Acronis not recognizing the images burned to DVDs by Vista?

Since I've never used the built-in disk burning capabilities of either XP or Vista, I cannot be sure, but it would seem though that the disk being burned with Vista is not following standard protocols, which is why Acronis is having a hard time reading those disks.

If you really must use Vista to burn the disks, then do slowly, and mark the options to ensure compatibility across a wide range of platforms. Or, just continue using Nero to burm the CDs.

One question though - When creating backups, doesn't Acronis have an option to burn directly to DVD?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/188225-acronis-backups-burned-dvds.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I just got a new Gateway laptop. I have DVDshrink & CopyDVD. Anytime I insert a pre-record DVD it plays just fine. Anytime I insert a DVD I burned on the laptop it constantly restarts until I take out the disc. The discs I burn play in my home DVD player with no problem. What might be the issue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-restart-my-stystem.58338/
Relevancy 64.93%

I regularly record TV programmes and then save them on to blank disks via my DVD recorder, to play on my PC. Recently when I have tried to play them back, they are not recognized and so will not play. To my knowledge I have not made any relevant alterations to my system, so am at a loss as to why I cannot play them. I always make sure they are finalized, so ithat is not the problem. I have also tried to play DVDs that I have owned for some time which up to now have always played perfectly on my PC but now do not. Has anyone any thoughts as to how I can deal with this, please?

A:Solved: Burned DVDs do not play on PV

Re my earlier post, I should add that bought pre-recorded DVDs (movies, etc) play perfectly via my PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burned-dvds-do-not-play-on-pv.1153157/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have made about 5 DVDs (all of them NTSC format) and they all seem to freeze, usually about 5 minutes in, when I try to watch them.

I burned the NTSC .iso files using a PAL DVD-RW Drive. Could that be the problem?

Relevancy 64.93%

Last year after one of my external hard drives failed I spent a good week backing up everything on my two computers to DVD files ranging from Word Documents to video files I tested each one after it was finished and they all worked fine Recently I ve needed some of those backed corrupt? Burned DVDs... data up files and videos so I ve put the DVDs in my computer and tried to drag files off However Windows often interrupts me and says that the file is Burned data DVDs... corrupt? corrupt or it won t copy or quot cyclic redundancy check quot When I try to drag it to my new external hard drive it tells me that quot COM surrogate stopped working quot I ve tried at least different DVDs on a number of computers including a mac and nothing helps I ve tried DVDs that I burned a few years back and they too have issues now It s the same problem on both computers They will play open files straight from the DVD without problems but it s the dragging off they don t like Computer Desktop Cicero years old Windows XP Burner player Burned data DVDs... corrupt? is a bit on the fritz in that sometimes it won t physically open Computer Laptop Toshiba years old Vista I used both computers for burning with different software The DVDs themselves almost entirely Memorex DVD-R Any advice on how to fix this would be super appreciated or even an explanation that way I can know what to do in the future Thanks nbsp

A:Burned data DVDs... corrupt?

What happens if you simply copy and paste them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burned-data-dvds-corrupt.816157/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been copying my home-burned DVDs as a test of their readability and I have discovered that factory DVDs are read at four- to ten times the speed of home-burned.

Example: I did a direct diskcopy of the Sony software DVD that came with my burner. I then copied that disk to my hard disk to test its readability and it took easily over 30 minutes.

I then copied the original factory DVD (containing exact duplicate data) and the same process took about 8 minutes.

This copy process varies from disk to disk; but, the time comparisons are always exceedingly in favor of the factory DVD by a factor of four or more.

Is this normal?

Where can I find more data on this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/readability-of-home-burned-dvds.207618/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I have been trying to solve this problem over a month. I've been copying over 5 years without problem but now I am having this problem, that dvds are showing pixels on my standalone dvd player. To make sure that the standalone works fine, I tried copies with another computer and they play fine on it.

I always used Maxell media without problem. Now I tried Verbatim and TDK media to make sure if the media is not the problem and they showed pixels as well.

After deleting unwanted and old software from the computer I scanned computer for viruses, I replaced the dvd burner with a new one, I replaced the memory with a new one of 1gB, I replaced the SATA cable and the cable that is connected with the burner and the mother board as well. But I still have the problem!

Any help or idea what can be the problem?

Here is my system information:

A:Burned DVDs Show Pixels

Pixellation usually occurs when the quality setting is too low in your dvd creation software.
Choosing a lower quality increases the amount of compression and this in turn means more detail and sharpness is lost. The resulting video can then appear pixellated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/burned-dvds-show-pixels-599059.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have recorded tv shows using media center and a usb tv tuner from Pinnacle. I use DVD maker to burn it on a DVD to watch on my DVD player attached to my TV. Only the first 20 minutes of the recording on the DVD has any sound! This has been true for several different shows. The sound is ok when I play the recorded show on my computor using Media Center.

I am using a Lenovo T61 laptop, Vista Home Premium with SP1 installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-missing-on-burned-dvds-277302.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have been having trouble burning DVDs that will play on a regular DVD player. They play perfectly for about 15 minutes then start skipping and freezing and finally stop completely. These same DVDs will play perfectly the whole way through on a computer or XBox 360. I have used numerous software programs and 2 different DVD burners because I thought something was wrong with my hardware. Now I don't think the problem ever was the hardware because I replaced my drive with a Sony Optiarc and then bought another Sony Optiarc just in case I had a bad one. I am out of ideas so any help would be appreciated.

A:trouble with burned DVDs on dvd players

Try burning at a slower rate,,,,,,,what burning software do you use....I use Convert X 3 and have no problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-burned-dvds-on-dvd-players.1017989/
Relevancy 64.5%

Have attempted several times to burn cd or dvd on HP ENVY laptop to find the tv dvr says it is unreadable or unplayable.  Have tried several brand dvds.  He HP laptop reads the burned disc.  Why can it not be played or is unreadable by other player? I also tried to burn music and it too would not play on other device. Thanks for any help.

A:cds or dvds burned on HP Laptop in Windows 10 are not readab...

Hi I believe it would be a format / codec issue. You would need to read the types of disc the TVR can play and then create a disk to match.  This may involve downloading additional software etc. So if you could give some more details then perhaps someone here could offer more help.

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/cds-or-dvds-burned-on-HP-Laptop-in-Windows-10-are-not/td-p/5595573
Relevancy 64.5%

hi i am having a problem with the dvds that i burned they all have delayed audio is it software broblem or is my pc infected again please help this is my latest hjt log and i use nero to burn the dvds Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe D Program with 7 nero audio burned delayed dvds on Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe D PROGRA Grisoft delayed audio on dvds burned with nero 7 AVG avgamsvr exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe D WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exe D WINDOWS system cisvc exe D Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe D Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe D Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS system VTTimer exe D WINDOWS system VTtrayp exe D Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe D WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE D Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe D Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe D Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe D Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe D PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe D Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe D WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe D Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe D Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe D Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe D Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe D Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exe D Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe D Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe D WINDOWS system cidaemon exe D Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www torrentz com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - D PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - D Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - D Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - d program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run VTTrayp VTtrayp exe O - HKLM Run RaidTool D Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE D Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run RegistryMechanic D Program Files Registry Mechanic RegMech exe S O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot D Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delayed-audio-on-dvds-burned-with-nero-7.645212/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a video clip that I burned on my laptop and which I wanted to watch on my home DVD player that's hooked to my TV. But the player says it can't be played or something. Do I need to make sure it's in a specific format to be played in my DVD player? It's currently a .WMV file. My DVD player isn't all that new - perhaps four years old.

A:Computer-burned DVDs won't play on home DVD player

DVD Players require a DVD format.
Try using DVD Flick.

http://www.dvdflick.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-burned-dvds-wont-play-on-home-dvd-player.1017882/
Relevancy 63.64%

hey this is a realy weird problum the dvds i burn on my comp worked just fine and i stored them the way i stored all my cds back in the day b burned dvds burnside to burnside so they dont scratch so their not damaged dont in burned dvds vista back up load now they dont load anymore they just show how burned dvds in vista dont load back up much space is used and no files or title on disk I used some new format that is on vista it said it allowed me to add files to the disk anytime and delet them latter too even on plan dvd -R media and they did just that but now all but one of the disks dont load and i cant figure out why outher then this new format having some kind of issue to it I cant even find were it gave me the option on the first disk i encerted to pick the format and i would like to change the format to the older one burn only format and to recover the data from the disks i have that still have data on them but i cant accses please help me figure this out i have found lots of people online having this same problum and no fix yet much aprication for your help and effort

A:burned dvds in vista dont load back up

Hi and welcome to TSF try cleaning the discs,the laser,try another drive, have a look here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...rn-a-CD-or-DVD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/burned-dvds-in-vista-dont-load-back-up-426935.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Minor issue here. I have a lite on dvd recorder that came with a nero 6. Recently I upgraded to nero 7 ultra and now I notice that when I playback a burned dvd in my dvd player that it cannot fast forward over 2x the speed. It simply freezes up then return to the original menu. Before I could fast forward a scene up to 8x the speed(the maximum of my dvd player).
I tried changing the settings just before I burn my dvd. First making sure that it was a the maximum setting. Then i tried to change the write speed setting to 8x. No change. Like I said this is minor but I was wondering if this is a glitch with nero 7 ultra or did upgrading somehow change a setting or what? Thnks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-fast-forwarding-burned-nero-7-dvds.620121/
Relevancy 63.64%

Any way to fix the coding on it or something? When i want to burn a dvd it brings me to use the nero vision 4 program, it works on certain dvd players but not all, is there any way of fixing this?

A:Burned dvds using nero wont work on certain dvd players

Make sure you are not creating a multi-session disk and ensure that you finalize the disc. Also dvd players have an easier time reading DVD+R than DVD-R.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burned-dvds-using-nero-wont-work-on-certain-dvd-players.93194/
Relevancy 63.21%

This is a minor issue but I have a external lite on that came with a nero 6. Recently I upgraded to nero 7 ultra. Now when I playback my burned dvd to my dvd player I notice that when I fast forward at anything more 2x the speed the dvd freezes then returns to the original menu. I never had this issue when I used my nero 6. I use to be able to fast forwarda burned dvd at 8x the speed, the maximum of my dvd player.
Except for this everything else seems to work fine. I tried changing the speed in the nero vision 4 just before burning. First I made sure that the write settings were on max. When that didn't work I tried setting the write speed to 8x. Still no change. Is this some glitch with nero 7 ultra or has my setting been some how changed when I upgraded?

A:Problems fast forwarding burned nero 7 ulta dvds

Are you still using the same media? Try changing to a different make of blank media and don't always assume that setting the write speed to max is a good idea!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-fast-forwarding-burned-nero-7-ulta-dvds.86215/
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay I just purchased a Pioneer DVR- D burner for my computer I m trying to reauthor a DVD that has a series of videos on it not commerical home movies I m using Nero and DVDShrink to author The DVD s burn fine Solved: Problem burned player playing DVDs standalone on but will not play in my standalone player CyberHome DVD- The reason I got that player is that it is cheap and Solved: Problem playing burned DVDs on standalone player I ve read that it will play most types of burned media However when I go to play it the files are backwards The first thing that plays is the last section that I want on there it doesn t play in Solved: Problem playing burned DVDs on standalone player reverse it just plays the last few minutes and then jumps farther back and plays forward again Any idea of what s causing this The original burned DVD plays fine in my player Is it Solved: Problem playing burned DVDs on standalone player possibly the media I m using Memorex x DVD-R Additionally I burned it at x so I doubt that I m burning it too fast Any ideas Also forgot to mention that my PS won t read it either nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I have some older DVD-R that I had burned data on a few years DVD can can't DVD-R, but burned read normal read ago My Optical Drive on my main PC can't read them but a drive on a different PC can read them fine My main PC can read all regular DVDs i e movies just fine I cleaned the lens deleted the quot up down quot registry entries can't read burned DVD-R, but can read normal DVD as recommended Still no solution the only hint I have the explorer shows that drive with a symbol of people see attachment not sure if this stands for some group policy All the data were burned with a different DVD-writer in Germany some years ago i don't think it is a region setting issue since this DVD-drive can read original DVDs from all regions But there may be another clue I read about how DVD-R degrade over time but since my other PC can read them that likely is not the problem The only thing I haven't done that was suggested was the realignment First I never dropped it it has been in my PC for years and that didn't move Second it seems to read normal DVDs fine It was suggested if re-alignment really is necessary other things are out of whack and buying a new one may be better I could buy a new one but also don't want to be defeated by the machine and the problem coudl be related to windows

A:can't read burned DVD-R, but can read normal DVD

It is possible the DVD-R may be incompatible with your drive. You can search online for a firmware update for the drive. You can re-write to a compatible DVD-R on your other machine perhaps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372161-cant-read-burned-dvd-r-but-can-read-normal-dvd.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi All I've been struggling with this in Not CD/DVDs Windows Drive Bios/Windows Read Will in DVD 7 (Detected problem all night and after reading countless articles and trying dozens of fixes I figured I'd DVD Drive Will Not Read CD/DVDs in Windows 7 (Detected in Bios/Windows ask I installed a fresh machine today with Windows and got everything to work minus my Samsung SH-S C X DVD Writer SATA Black OEM The drive works as I used it to install Windows in the first place It is detected by BIOS DVD Drive Will Not Read CD/DVDs in Windows 7 (Detected in Bios/Windows as well as showing up in My Computer The problem is it won't read any disc ive tried about including the very same windows install disc it previously installed from hours prior So far I've tried removing the upper lowerfilters from the registry they werent there in my case update to the latest firmware ran the driver detective driver scan and update removed the drive from device manager and restarted and run the microsoft utilities all to no avail In fact I've run these all several times now I'm absolutely at my wits end with this and I can't even get support from Samsung as the product is a Canadian model and they seem to only support US models Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:DVD Drive Will Not Read CD/DVDs in Windows 7 (Detected in Bios/Windows

Hi bcred

Welcome to Seven Forums
Let's try the basics - recheck the connectors, power-cable to your drive.
Is the drive listed in explorer after boot?
If you have another DVD/CD-drive lying around, you could try swapping with the Samsung - we need to do this to try and isolate whether the actual hardware is faulty. Alternatively you could try swapping SATA connectors just in case the current one for your drive has gone south.

Keep us posted and regards

Edit

Re-read your post - disregard the q about the drive being shown in Explorer

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/113353-dvd-drive-will-not-read-cd-dvds-windows-7-detected-bios-windows.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have found to my distress that some discs burned under 95/98 aren't readable under XP. I suspect I burned them in a file format that XP doesn't like (eg. UDF), but hate to call these discs losses. Anyone have any suggestions or know of any applications to read additional file formats unsupported natively by XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-read-some-cds-burned-under-95-98.58971/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Guys

I have this very annoying problem.
Many of dvds that I burned can't be read.
Some as soon as the next day after I burned them, some weeks or months later.
I always check after finish burning (open all that I burn from the disc) & it's always OK so no failure when burning.
How to determine for sure if the problem is with my dvd writer or with the blank disc ( I use Mitsubishi dvd-r )

Thank you

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone
I need some help. Burned discs won't play on my laptop,only original ones. I'm running Vista and I've tried reinstalling the drivers. I've played these discs before on this same laptop. Sometimes if I reinstall the drivers(MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ-120 ATA) and restart my computer it will work but only for a while. I can't keep doing that. I really need a permanent solution.
Help please

A:DVD-CD ROM won't read burned cd's

Hi this may help http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dvd-cd-rom-wont-read-burned-cds-421721.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a freind who sent me pics on a cd that he had burned using Toast on his Mac. I am using XP Pro and cannot see anything on the disk. When I look at the disk I can see that something has been burned to it, but when I put it in the CD drive, it comes up as empty.

Any ideas? Is this because he burned it on a mac? If so, is there any software that I can install so that I can see the pics?

Or is this just a bad burn, perhaps the session was not closed properly?

A:How To Read A Cd Burned On A Mac

it's not the CD that's incompatible as such, it's the image files on it. Some image formats are not cross-platform, you have to save them according to whether they are for for PC or Mac (the 'byte order' is different but don't ask me to expand on that please!).

From memory, I think TIFF images have to be saved according to the intended platform (where the option is available). Where no option exists then it will only be compatible with the host platform, or the chosen format is cross-platform.

JPEG format images, however, are cross platform I think, without any platform option required, but I can't swear to that.

The last time I gave some images to a mac owner from my PC, they were in TIFF format (to preserve quality) and I used the "save for macintosh" option in Photoshop. He had no trouble viewing them on his mac.

Unfortunately, not all image editing software gives you the choice of which platform to save the image to even when using a format that's not cross-platform. You'll have to ask your friend which image-editor he uses and to check what saving options it has. If he sent you TIFFS, ask him to save as JPEGs instead and try those.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/73603/how-to-read-a-cd-burned-on-a-mac/
Relevancy 60.2%

I made a .pps show for a friend to use at work.

I use CD Creator 5.0 and formatted the CD before copying the fle to it. I used Pack and Go in Ppoweer Point as well.

Here's the snafu:

I can run the program fine from my CDROM and on the CDRW and it runs fine on my laptop and another PC I have.

When tehy insert the CD, it shows an icon and the label, BUT IT WON'T PLAY.

Because that file is 65 MB, I suggested they open the CD and copy the file to their HDD and run it from there, but they can't even open it.

Ideas, suggestions, cause??? SOLUTIONS???

Relevancy 60.2%

I finally figured out how to have my burned discs recognized (right clicking on properties and enabling cd burning) but now the discs aren't showing any content at all. I can't burn to blank discs because it says the disk is full. Any suggestions? It's been ages since I could burn a disc or read one and it's making me crazy.

Relevancy 60.2%

Yesterday my computer was on all day and for some reason burned CD's of an anime show i had was working so i was watching it all last night but this morning i tried to open the CD from My computer (right click then open) and it showed no Files in it so i took the CD out and put it back in and my computer froze.

A:Cannot read burned Cd's

Hi Gyatsuikan and welcome to TSF

Does your computer show anyother problems? Is your computer a desktop or laptop?

Look in the Device Manager and see if there are any yellow marks by your CD/DVD devices branch. That would indicate the device driver is bad or corrupted. Expand the branch and see if the CD drive is shown there.

Have your ran your virus and spyware programs lately? It could be a malware problem. If you are not already using these, download and run SpyBot Search & Destroy and SuperAntiSpyware. Both are very good.

Links:
http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=SUPERANTISPYWARE

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...scription.html

Answer back any questions or clarifications.

Best regards,
Mack1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-read-burned-cds-259683.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all - I am currently experiencing difficulty attempting to play burned can't read DVD-Rs be burned DVD-Rs in my Mustek V player which I have owned for several years Now I m not very technically minded so if you reply keep that in mind when you start using terms and language I might not understand The DVD burner is brand new in a computer not yet three weeks old I have made copies of several DVDs and the V will occasionally not be able to read from the burned copy I have tried to copy three different DVDs and the results on the V are as follows DVD-R accesses main menu OK but freezes on the first frame of the film when you hit quot play quot and goes no further DVD-R Entire DVD-R plays fine no burned DVD-Rs can't be read problems DVD-R Accesses main menu OK but jumps to different scenes throughout the film when you press quot play quot The problem is not with the DVD-Rs themselves or with the copying equipment as the DVD-Rs play just fine on other players I have tested Since the DVD-Rs do play in at least some machines I assume the copying itself went off without a hitch I took one of the burned DVD-Rs and tried it in four different players to test it in two of them it played just fine no trouble at all in the other burned DVD-Rs can't be read two it couldn t be read by the player in question I burned DVD-Rs can't be read have two questions First what is the problem with some players not reading burned DVD-Rs And second if I buy a new player how can I be sure it will play my burned DVD-Rs Thanks very much for any help advice you can give me Larry email protected nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

My company has recently bought a new CDRW 16x10x40 and I am using a freeware Nero v 5

My question is all my burned CD cannot be read at my home PC. My old PC is P266mmx. Is this because of it's old?

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi. Please help...i burned a cd in sessions on a MAC years ago. I no longer have access to a Mac. When I put the CD in my PC it only reads one of the sessions. I really need the information off of this disk. Is there any program I can get or any way I can get my PC to read both sessions?

Your assistance is appreciated.

A:PC won't read both sessions of a CD that was burned on a MAC

Need more info.

What format are your files?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-wont-read-both-sessions-of-a-cd-that-was-burned-on-a-mac-473525.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have 2 CD reader/writers in a Dell Dimension 4100 w/ Windows XP Home and neither one will read burned CD's (used both Roxio and Nero to burn several attempts). It merely says "BlanK CD", but both CD players will read store bought CD's (data, music, games, whatever) no problem. Upon removing both CD players and installing in another computer, the other computer reads the same burned CD's just fine. The other computer is an even older Dell with Windows ME and is in poor shape. The problem appears to be with the newer machine, not the CD players. Anyone seen this before?

A:CD player won't read burned CD's

Run this wizard with the drives installed in the 4100, see if it finds any issues.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-player-wont-read-burned-cds.900839/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there,

I have burned many DVD (data) on my XP before I switch a computer. Now that I have a Vista x64, the CD drive won't read them. If I use ISOBuster I can see the track and extract them. But if I use Windows Explorer it will prompt me to "prepare blank disc"! Any help? I already finalize the disc and confimred it. Do a hardware diagnostic check and turns out nothing went wrong.

By the way, how can I make Vista not look for application if I insert other CD. (By that I mean just open the CD rather than look for autoplay, I already disable autoplay.)

CD Drive - TSSTCorp H653Q
OS - Vista Home Premium x64
System - HP Pavillion s3600z

A:Vista Won't Read DVD Burned in XP

It could be the brand of disc that your Vista machine doesn't like. I had to change brands when I got my Vista, the CD's I used on my XP and WinME machine would read but I couldn't write to them in Vista.
Try another brand and see if that makes a difference, that's all I can offer in the way of help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/189842-vista-wont-read-dvd-burned-xp.html
Relevancy 59.34%

i filled up my 40 gig harddrive recently and decided to burn all the stuff i wanted to cd and format and reinstal xp .....so i barrowed a freinds cd burner burned all the stuff i wanted to keep reinstalled xp and now my compaq dvd rom wont read the cd's i burned ..works fine with everything else just not the ones i burned....my roomates 52x cd rom reads them all just fine !!!
what is the problem????!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?IM GOING CRAZY!!!
all my data is on those cd's

PLEASE HELP?!?!?! =(

Relevancy 59.34%

Please help, I had a problem with NERO burning a CD and I had to shut it down. Now I can't read any burned CDs that I could before this happened. It will read any that are originals and DVDs. I don't have a very fancy computer....I bought a COMPAQ....before you say it I know it may not be the best but it does what I needed it to for a home computer. What can I do to solve this problem. I read another thread were they had a similar problem with a SONY CD/DVD but used NERO too. SONY had no answers but to send another drive. Could this be a NERO problem? Please help!!!!!

A:Help please. CD/DVD did read burned cds but wont now

you can try cleaning the Rom with a cleaning disk, but if it is an older one it may be just need replacing.
If you have updated any software you may have to check Nero's info tool to see if you aspi layer was corrupted.
You can also check for a firmware update for the drive and then update Nero to the latest version

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-please-cd-dvd-did-read-burned-cds-but-wont-now.25534/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi My Toshiba A- laptop running MS xp Office has stopped reading any cds Laptop burned read has won't it Cds that I burn on it This problem popped up recently it has worked fine previously It has a CD burner reader and a DVD reader The laptop Laptop won't read cds it has burned will read cds Laptop won't read cds it has burned burned on other computers and commercial DVDs just fine The cds I have just burned on the A- will play on other computers I have the Microsoft cd burning programs and a Sonic and a Nero burning program installed I have burned a data disc Fuji brand and Memorex using each of those programs separately I slowed the burn rate down to x and made sure all the specifications matched in all the windows that I know of The burns were comfirmed that they were sucessful each time The files contain jpgs and gifs downloaded from the internet one of the little buggers aparently has a second music file in it and art work created on Photoshop and Illustrator and MS Word The disc goes in ok but the second I double click or in any way try to access it a window opens saying that quot Dr Watson Debugger has encountered a problem and must close down quot or quot Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and must close quot Then the disc stops responding and I have to use the Task Manager to shut the disc down I know I am missing some step somewhere Anybody got a clue they could throw my way Please Regards D nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

the disc worked before but i hadn't watched it in a while...the first time i tried to run it windows had detected it and the video was skipping...so i tried to clean the disc and run it again...the disc has practically no scratches on it....sometimes windows detects the cd but when i try to copy it the source directory cannot be opened or something like that...the only software that recognises my cd is imgburn but i get a plethora of bad sectors when i try to make an iso from the disc..is there any way i can save my disc?

A:4 year old burned vcd cannot be read

Have you tried opening with the software that you originally recorded it?. Assuming it is your recording.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-year-old-burned-vcd-cannot-be-read.111782/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all I m quite new to cd-burning Here is my problem I can t read or copy data Can't data burned read cds my from my own recorded Can't read my burned data cds data-cds photos videos exe etc but have no problem at all playing my recorded music cds Recording specs - OS Win Pro and Win SE I tested both - CD-RW Matshita CW- - CD-ROM Samsung SC- C - Tried many brands of CD-R disks Kodak Sony Verbatim etc - Tried many burning software cdr-win ezcd creator nero - Updated to the last firmware driver for my burner - Tried Microsoft and Adaptec ASPI - Speed x and x - Tested all Can't read my burned data cds possible recording parameters track-at-once disc-at-once ISO and Joliet file systems etc The end result is always Can't read my burned data cds the same the disc is fully recorded but when I try to read or copy data files from the new cd it does not work I get quot redundancy check error quot message when reading from the CD-RW or quot wrong diskette quot message from the CD-ROM I must say that there is indeed one of the recording software ezcd creator that signals an error at the end of recording telling quot compared data does not match quot It seems like this is a file system error but I ve tried both Joliet and ISO to no avail And remember that my recorded music cds are playing fine I am really going nuts I can t imagine something I did not try And I don t tell you the number of recordable cds I wasted Any help would be welcome Thanks in advance Xargos nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello:

I am using an "HP Pavilion (zv5240us)" Notebook PC runing Windows XP Home.

I am having trouble reading CDs that have been burned ( using Nero 5.5.7.8, and Adeptec DirectCD 2.5).

The drive is a "Toshiba" DVD/CD-ROM (SD-R2512).

I have looked but have found reason for the problem.

Can anyone help?

Regards

A:Solved: cd-rom / can't read Burned CDs

You will only be able to read CD's created by Adaptec's Direct CD on computers with that programme installed (specifically the 'Direct CD' part of Adaptec) or maybe a computer with a UDF viewer installed. No Windows machine can read those types of disc natively.
Which brings up the question of how the Nero discs were burned? Nero has a similar INCD programme whereby, if used, the same rules as above apply.
If burned with Nero's Burning Rom, what type of discs are they? Were the discs finalised? Non finalised burned discs can cause problems when trying to read them on a drive that did not create them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cd-rom-cant-read-burned-cds.383804/
Relevancy 58.91%

For Real Just Discs It DVD Read Burned Not On Will Burner burned another music DVD Was not recognized after loading in the tray Burned with CDBurnerXP all well Ejected the DVD closed the program inserted the DVD and the light flashed for a minute or so then nothing Also no recognition of the DVD drive in explorer It is seen in the BIOS and listed when booting DVD Burner Will Not Read Discs Burned On It Took the freshly burned DVD to another system with XP and it was seen immediately and played perfectly At first I thought I got several coasters because all of a DVD Burner Will Not Read Discs Burned On It sudden the drive started to work However when something else must be amiss when I can burn but not see or play the disc in the same drive Another quirk is I have many DVDs burned on this drive and NONE of them will now play when before I always check to make sure the burn was good Have done the following system restore checked device manager Says the burner is operating properly uninstalled the driver reinstalled the driver The drive is a TSSTcorp Toshiba CD-DVDW and is about five years DVD Burner Will Not Read Discs Burned On It old Would like some suggestions to move me in the right direction

A:DVD Burner Will Not Read Discs Burned On It

See if https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...?wa=wsignin1.0 helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/371705-dvd-burner-will-not-read-discs-burned.html
Relevancy 58.91%

So I am having a strange issue reading a burned DVD-DL disk in my Blu Ray drive.
I create the disk in the Blu Ray drive using either Nero Burning Rom 2014 or even Windows Explorer and
when I pop the disk back in to verify data it will not read the disk. If I pop the disk in my regular DVD burner it reads just fine.
Among my regular troubleshooting I thought maybe my Blu Ray burner was going bad so I bought a brand new drive from a different manufacturer and it still won't read. Don't recall having this problem in the past.
Hoping someone has had a similar issue. Not even sure how to search for this without a super long string.

Thanks,
Toby

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/36046-blu-ray-burner-cannot-read-dvd-dl-burned-disk.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi.

I have a Tecra T9100 and the MAT****A DVDROM now won't*read burned CDs.
It has no problems when reading manufactured CDs / DVDs.

I noticed this after upgrading the BIOS with the 1.6 version.

Is there something else I need to do / configure / install ?

Thank you.

A:Tecra 9100 won't read burned CDs

Hi

Maybe you should check different CDs from different manufacturers and should change the burning speed to the slowest one.

If this will not help then a CD/DVD drive issue might be the reason why not all disks are readable.

Cheers

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?38606-Tecra-9100-won-t-read-burned-CDs