Windows Support Forum

Laptop Stops connecting to internet randomly

Q: Laptop Stops connecting to internet randomly

I dont know how long its been going on but within a internet provider switch from AT&T to TWC its still been doing this. Every time I reset the router name or password it lets me reconnect to the internet, but when I shut it down and boot it up later or after a couple hours it refuses to connect until I switch the router name or security password.

Its a toshiba running windows 7
The adapter is realtek or something like that which im pretty sure is the cause but nothing seems to fix this issue.
Thanks for any info on this.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop Stops connecting to internet randomly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop Stops connecting to internet randomly

What is the Model number of the Toshiba laptop?
Does your laptop come with an Ethernet port (most do have one)? If so, try connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet Cable and see if the problem continues.
I highly doubt that its a problem with the Router (but it could be). I believe that you may have a problem with the wireless drivers installed. I would suggest:
1. Download the wireless drivers from the Toshiba website
2. Properly Uninstall the wireless drivers
3. Install wireless drivers from the download (step 1).
4. Wait and see if problem still persists. If so, let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stops-connecting-to-internet-randomly.209164/
Relevancy 81.27%

My Toshiba L505D developed an issue over night. It no longer connects to the internet. When I look at the Windows7 network it shows connection to the router but not the internet. The device manager says it is operating, the mfr?s software says the switch is on (and the panel light is on) and that there are no issues. I downloaded and installed the mfr?s driver (2010 is the latest). I?ve pulled the battery and held the button for 60 seconds. All to no connection. Everything points to an issue with the AT&T Uverse router except my cabled desktop and Dell laptop wireless computer access the internet fine. Which points to the Toshiba being the problem. When I pull up the AT&T trouble shooting program it shows the computer as a device but doesn?t have an I/P address, the desktop and Dell laptop have addresses. Any suggestions?

A:Laptop suddenly stops connecting to the Internet

I would go to start type cmd then in there ipconfig/release then ipconfig /renew see if that helps

apart from this you could try to restore to an earlier time to when it was working those would be the things I would try but someone with more experience should help soon .. im not a technician etc I just like to try help if I got an idea

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-stops-connecting-to-the-internet.184445/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

I have a Dell laptop running XP with SP3 and a PC running Vista with SP2. The PC connects through a Belkin USB adaptor and the laptop through an Intel PROSET/wireless card. About once a month, though, the laptop stops connecting. The PC still connects fine and the laptop will connect fine at McDonald's (unsecured). We can reboot the router and this fixes the problem, but it also irritates my landlords. I want to just fix the problem in the laptop. I have tried running the netsh commands, updating the driver, etc. If I let the router assign an IP address it just won't connect (says "waiting for network"). If I manually assign addresses using the info from the PC, it will stay connected for about 20 seconds. ANY help is greatly appreciated!!

A:Laptop stops connecting about once per month

Rather difficult to trouble shoot a once-a-month problem. Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Dell's web site is all I can think of short of getting a newer adapter or newer OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stops-connecting-about-once-per-month.1125170/
Relevancy 66.65%

I've heard that this could be from overheating and was wondering if it was that or something entire different Toshiba Satellite C Pentium Dual Core CPU T GHz GB DDR GB HDD Windows Home Premium -bit At this moment my speedfan is HD C Temp C Core C Core C At the moment I'm New stops Laptop randomly responding running Google Chrome Speed fan and Windows Live Messenger The computer has stopped responding during Windows updates specifically one for Maverick prevention or something I isolated it by one by one installing every update available As it was new and the OS was behind updates it was a painstaking process It has also stopped responding when working on Microsoft Word a major problem because if I do not save every five seconds I'm at risk for losing everything It's also stopped when I was simply browsing Another popular instance is if I exit something usually Windows Live Messenger it will refuse to exit and simply crash and hang out where it is If one program stops responding I usually can't do anything My internet browser will not work and it will say something about quot Your profile cannot be read quot And if other programs are up when one crashes they sometimes work and sometimes crash in a random order chain Occaisionally I can end the program with task manager or just by mashing the x but afterwards nothing opens and I can't even log off or turn off the computer in the proper manner New Laptop randomly stops responding Edit I was in the process of New Laptop randomly stops responding doing a Disk Cleanup and this maybe week old laptop has GB of system error memory dump files

A:New Laptop randomly stops responding

Quote: Originally Posted by Monkey94

I've heard that this could be from overheating, and was wondering if it was that, or something entire different.

Toshiba Satellite C655
Pentium Dual Core CPU T4500
2.30 GHz
4 GB DDR3
285 GB HDD
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
At this moment my speedfan is
HD0: 37C
Temp1: 51C
Core 0: 42C
Core 1: 40C.

At the moment I'm running Google Chrome, Speed fan, and Windows Live Messenger. The computer has stopped responding during Windows updates, specifically one for Maverick prevention or something, I isolated it by one by one installing every update available (As it was new and the OS was behind 54 updates, it was a painstaking process.)
It has also stopped responding when working on Microsoft Word, a major problem because if I do not save every five seconds I'm at risk for losing everything. It's also stopped when I was simply browsing.Another popular instance is if I exit something, usually Windows Live Messenger, it will refuse to exit and simply crash and hang out where it is. If one program stops responding, I usually can't do anything. My internet browser will not work and it will say something about "Your profile cannot be read." And if other programs are up when one crashes, they sometimes work, and sometimes crash in a random order chain. Occaisionally I can end the program with task manager, or just by mashing the x, but afterwards nothing opens and I can't even log off or turn off the computer in the proper manner.

Edit: I was in the process of doing a Disk Cleanup, and this maybe week old laptop has 3.87 GB of system error memory dump files.

Memory corruption probably caused by a driver. please run these two tests

1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184560-new-laptop-randomly-stops-responding.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all,

I thought I'd resolved this yesterday, but seem to have just had a bit of luck yesterday - sadly it's run out again (sorry etaf).

My laptop seems to have real trouble connecting to my wireless router when the SSID is hidden. When I unhide it, it sees and connects every time. When I hide it, it's very hit and miss and sometimes needs three or more reboots to connect.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Relevancy 66.22%

Title says it all my internet will randomly cut out on my computer for a random amount of time. Help please?

A:Internet Randomly Stops

What type of internet do you have? What is your network setup? Is it wired or wireless??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-randomly-stops-223515.html
Relevancy 65.79%

a few weeks ago my mousepad stopped working so i got a wireless mouse out and started to use that. well my finger hit the mousepad a few minutes later and it started to work. it always happens when i turn my computer on and after a few minutes itll happen. even right now it wasnt working until i tried it again and it worked perfectly. can anyone help?

A:mouse on laptop stops working randomly

See if updated drivers available for your mousepad.

Mousepad may need replacement.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-on-laptop-stops-working-randomly-524944.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My internet connection randomly stops working even stops Internet randomly connection though the speed and signal strength are shown Internet connection randomly stops as Mbps and Excellent This affects all the computers that are connected to the network and lasts for a few minutes It happens every couple hours or so Web browsing also randomly slows down so that it takes more than seconds do load a page or does not load the page at all This doesn t affect online games only web browsing Overall web browsing is a pain My ISP is Optimum Online I tried tracing the route to google com and the th hop would always time out I m wondering if this could be a problem Here s some information Tracing route to google com over a maximum of hops ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms be d cst lightpath net Request timed out ms ms ms rtr -tg - wan prnynj cv net ms ms ms rtr -tg - in nycmnyzr cv net ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms lga s -in-f e net Trace complete Thanks

A:Internet connection randomly stops

When you say online gaming, what kind of gaming do you mean? Multi-player RPG with video and sound, gambling, single-player shooters, all types, etc?

Have you checked the network to see if anyone has a program set to do an update every couple hours or so?

Have you checked into the possibility that someone is doing a download when the lags occur?

If you're the admin, have you looked at traffic from each computer to see if the lag is originating from within the network?

I'm not a network expert, but it certainly sounds possible that something is updating (such as an antivirus program) and has a setting not to disturb online gaming - but I'm just guessing.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452464/internet-connection-randomly-stops/
Relevancy 65.36%

So I've had this issue for a while where a few times a day ( probably like 20 times while I'm on the computer) my internet suddenly stops working for a little while. Im connected to my modem via a cable, and at first I thought the problem was with my computer, but I learned that this also happens to my brother, who is also connected to the modem. The weird thing is that it doesnt happen to both of us at the same time, so its like the internet is crashing. Is it safe to assume that the problem is with the modem? Would it get fixed if I replace it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-randomly-stops-working-for-a-second.1170987/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I have a fresh install of Windows 7 on a (partly) new Desktop. Sometimes suddenly internet gets really slow and stops working.
All other devices in my house (ipad, labtop (XP), phones) have no problems at all. This should suggest it's a problem of my PC but:
Connecting to the WiFi of my neighboor solves the problem!
Must be a problem of my PC and rooter together....

Update's i did to trie and solve the problem:
Update firmware rooter (D-Link 655 mixed WiFi)
Update drivers Wireless PCI card
Update AVG antivirus

From a tread in this forum i tried a static IP but didn't work.

Any suggestions?

A:Internet stops working randomly

phamersma,
Welcome to the forums. Have a look here.

Network

Just wanted to add, sometimes antivirus plays in this. Have you considered MSE?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288245-internet-stops-working-randomly.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Ok guys i reinstalled my windows vista home preminum from scratch and i still have the problem where my internet stops working randomly I tried many things most of the things people have said on numerous forums My bro uses the exact same laptop but his internet is fine I tried to follow the event viewrs and changed many settings but to no avail But stops working randomly Internet the internet drosp r less frequent after i reinstalled windows probably because there r less programs to interfer First i used to think that suddenly the computer stops reading my network card but thats not true coz when my internet stops Internet stops working randomly the icons sometimes somtimes says there r no available networks but i can still see my network adaptor in device manager it is not veiwable unless i swithc it on this means that the adpator is connected but the internet is not working Sometimes it just shows limited connectivity so i log off my network and when i try to log in it doesnt i have to switch it off and on again This problem usually happens when e g msn messenger or my voip software get stuck When they get stuck it knocks out the internet or maybe the internet knocks these out lol not sure plz plz help me two things i havent tried updating firmware of the router but most people say it doesnt work and the exact same laptop Internet stops working randomly my bro has and its working fine on our network I also havent tried deleting the drivers completely and reinstalling the network adaptor s driver from its manufacteres site they say its a possibility that the drivers the company gave Internet stops working randomly were corrupt but until i try this u got any solutions i havent updated windows yet coz i thught that might coz the porblem but there is something elseeee plz plz pl zplz pzl help nbsp

A:Internet stops working randomly

hi uch

when you said you reinstalled vista from scratch, did you mean that you formatted your HD and then installed the OS or did you just reinstall Vista without a format? Also, have you tried checking for viruses when you "tried most things"? Go through the 8-step virus removal tool here ... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html .... Does your brother use the computer you're using or is it the same type of computer but separate computers?

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-stops-working-randomly.125156/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am on a wired connection on windows So basically all of my computers Internet except for Skype will drop for Internet stops Skype working other All than randomly about minutes Then it will come back and any where from to minutes later it will drop Sooo I have no idea what's wrong The little Internet connection symbol in the bottom right corner of my screen says the Internet is working but steam can't connect and neither can All Internet other than Skype stops working randomly Opera or Internet Explorer I tried pinging to Google from CMD and every reply timed out and I got packet loss but I didn't think to save a txt of it Once it came back up I pinged again and got MS response time and packet loss I don't believe it's an ISP problem because there are other computers in this house and none of them have this problem Also I don't think that Skype is the problem because it has happened when Skype wasn't open I don't have any viruses or infections as far as I know- I've ran multiple tools with all of them coming up with clean results The tools were Malwarebytes Avast Spybot Search and Destroy My DNS was set to 'Obtain Automatically' so I tried changing my DNS to google but the problem has remained the same as I've lost connection twice for multiple minutes in the past hour If there is a different section for these kinds of questions I am sorry as I couldn't seem to find a section for my problem But does anyone have any bright ideas

A:All Internet other than Skype stops working randomly

HI contraplex, welcome to eightforums A few questions.
How old is your current install?
Is your installation current with all the windows updates?

Let me know and we'll go from there

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335973-all-internet-other-than-skype-stops-working-randomly.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I m not sure if this is the right forum cause i m not sure what my problem is I recently built a new computer and everything works fine except for the internet As the title says at random times my internet stops working for a second or two and comes back after another second it s not really a problem when I m just browsing the internet but when I m playing a game of Team Fortress randomly stops working a few for seconds. Internet it s hard to get into it knowing that the freeze is coming I called my isp and they said it was the network card so i bought a new one and the problem is still there I ve tried changing my Internet randomly stops working for a few seconds. ethernet wire Internet randomly stops working for a few seconds. opening ports resetting the modem changing network cards and tried all different drivers and nothing seems to help While running a ping test with cmdprompt it seems like i always Internet randomly stops working for a few seconds. get general failures out of attempts Any other information that anyone needs I will provide I m running vista ultimate The network card i m currently using is Rosewill RC- -EX If you need the rest of my system specs let me know Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

ok so im running vista home premium (32) with 4gig ram.recently when im playing online games i notice lag randomly like everything stops moving for a second and then its all good. i did several speed test at http://www.speedtest.net/ and sometimes the the downloading speed will start to go down for 5 sec really fast and then stop and then come back. it just happens at random. my internet speed is fast and i think the problem is not slow down it just stops receivin and sending for a sec or 2 at random. i already download hijack this and did i scan should i posted even though i dint find anything wrong with it

Relevancy 64.93%

My internet connection is usually fine and all my roomates dont have any issues with it. However, for about the last month or two, about once a day, my computer stops connecting to the internet. I do not know why and I am pretty possitive it has something to do with computer setting on my laptop, not the internet conection becasue I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the modem, but still no connection. Of course, when I restart my computer, the internet then works fine.

If anyone one knows how I can fix this, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-stops-working-randomly-447702.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey I was on a google search looking for a solution starts randomly. Possible Internet and virus? stops to this problem I ran a Norton scan and found that Internet stops and starts randomly. Possible virus? I have a total of viruses of which are Backdoor Trojan viruses and the rest are just quot Trojans quot However I don t know if this is the issue to my problem Also a process named s trayp Internet stops and starts randomly. Possible virus? exe Internet stops and starts randomly. Possible virus? appeared so I got rid of that and also found it in my registry in regedit and deleted the registry key I just want to know why my internet is just randomly restarting on me Any help would be appreciated at this point Thanks Here is my log Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe D Program Files Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files FirstClass fcc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - D Program Files Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO D - D DD D-DB F- E - E D-F ABE - C Windows system xwr dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot D Program Files Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run LogitechQuickCamRibbon quot C Program Files Logitech QuickCam Quickcam exe quot hide O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run RivaTuner quot C Program Files RivaTuner v RivaTunerWrapper exe quo... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-stops-and-starts-randomly-possible-virus.808973/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I don t know when or why this started happening but it was recently at least once or twice everyday my internet explorer and all other programs that require online access in some way stop connecting to the Internet My connection is fine with all bars My netflix stops Explorer randomly 9 Internet working on my xbox live works Internet Explorer 9 randomly stops working absolutely fine my Girlfriends PC can even connect to the internet perfectly but during these - minute periods my PC s software simply wont connect its like my pc will connect to the internet but the internet wont connect to my programs even if i restart my laptop It s very frustrating because i do online classes for devry and i can be right in the middle of posting then when i go to a new page the new page will not load and then ill have to wait and restart my session I have windows internet explorer and a Dell studio laptop but i really dont think its the hardware any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

After a little time approx mins my internet stops responding I am still coonnected to the internet but pages will not show up I also am unable to do a manual shutdown and a forced one is required I have a Dell with Intel Pentium Dual core CPU Ghz g of memory bit op sys I have of space available on my C drive My computer is regularly cleaned and has recently had a registry cleaner Here are my ipconfig which I saw on an earlier thread Please can you help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner VISTA still but randomly connected stops Internet I'm working, gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Internet randomly stops working, but I'm still connected VISTA Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - -B -F - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- - - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Owner gt After Internet not responding Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - -B -F - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained April Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - D- - - -A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Owner gt ping Pinging with... Read more

A:Internet randomly stops working, but I'm still connected VISTA

If it were me, I would google how to reset the TCP\IP stack (simple command), then uninstall and reinstall the wireless drivers. I've heard of this before, related to people who were using P2P at the time. If you are indeed using P2P, check your Event Viewer > System for any 4226 errors.

Also, check the Application and System event logs for anything else that looks noteworthy.

What firewall are you running? Have you rebooted your router?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-randomly-stops-working-but-im-still-connected-vista-363394.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a working randomly Internet stops connection Solved: windows vista pc networked to a second pc I have wirelessly networked internet to laptops I have an actiontec wireless modem by verizon Solved: Internet connection stops working randomly All of a sudden my host pc started randomly losing internet connection but the wireless laptops still have a signal It seems like the host sometimes can t quot see quot the modem Here are my settings while the internet is functioning Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name ToyRoom Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain not set invalid Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description USB Wireless b g Adaptor Physical Address - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c e cd d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-D -B -DD- - E- C- - - A DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain not set invalid Description Intel R DC- Gigabit Network Connec tion Physical Address - E- C- - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c cc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday November PM Lease Expires Sunday November PM Default Gateway fe c e cd d DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-D -B -DD- - E- C- - - A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B B BAF-C C- -A B - A DA br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CA-E EB- D F- D - B E F br BA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap CB ADEAF-D - C F- A D-C F C br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain not set invalid Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B - F - D D- A - F C br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ECDFC - B - C -B BB- C CB br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D AC - - C- -E E ADD br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F - B - -BEF - E FC D br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Im so confused Was on tech support with verizon for minutes and it worked for a day I saw someone with a great idea... Read more

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, I just used the downloadable update (Not CD) to upgrade my legit version of Windows Vista Home Premium x64 to the new Windows 7 x64. I've been using the Windows 7 RC for a while on another partition and have not had this problem. It has only occurred on the new version of Windows 7.

Basically, whilst I'm browsing the internet random pages wont load. If I refresh them they normally load, but sometimes it takes a couple of refreshes. I can't for the life of me work out what the problem is. I'm using a Linksys WUSB54GS USB wireless adapter, which I could only get working by plugging an Ethernet cable into my pc (not an easy feat) to use windows update.

And I've tried with a few different browsers, but still had the same problem.
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I just bought this ASUS laptop about 3 months ago and ever since then have been facing this problem and I'm unable to fix it.

The computer will stop responding, the cursor shows the busy blue ring (spinning, not frozen), and I can still move the blue ring around, but unable to click on anything. CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, nothing works. Tried leaving it overnight but it didn't solve the problem. I had to force shut down by holding the Power button.

This problem happens at random times, while using random applications, online or not, sometimes within a few minutes after turning on the computer, sometimes hours, but it happens almost every time. I have also tried turning on the computer and left it without using anything, and the same problem will happen.

Has anyone experienced the same issue and solved it?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Win7 x64 laptop randomly stops responding with busy cursor shown

Have you talked to ASUS? If it's that new it's still under warranty so they should be responsible for fixing it as this is certainly not normal behavior.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253263-win7-x64-laptop-randomly-stops-responding-busy-cursor-shown.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My new laptop has recently started freezing for no reason. It only freezes and stops responding when I'm connected to the Internet but when I turn off the wifi it won't freeze. I've been looking for why this is and haven't found any answers yet. I've used an antivirus and it has said it hasn't found anything. Any help is appreciated.

A:Computer randomly freezes and stops responding when connected to internet

How new is the laptop?  Is it new for you, or is it newly purchased?
What antivirus did you scan with?  Have you tried ADWCleaner and MalwareBytes AntiMalware?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619061/computer-randomly-freezes-and-stops-responding-when-connected-to-internet/
Relevancy 63.21%

I ve got a year old standby/restart/hibernate UNTIL stops randomly working Laptop keyboard m9700 Alienware m laptop that has been giving me quite a bit of trouble over the last few months About three months ago the touchpad just completely stopped working and for the last two months the keyboard will lock up at random times m9700 Laptop keyboard randomly stops working UNTIL standby/restart/hibernate USB keyboar still works but as I m in the air on m9700 Laptop keyboard randomly stops working UNTIL standby/restart/hibernate the go a lot having to carry around a big ol keyboard is highly unrealistic The computer is amazing when it works but it s just getting ridiculous On top of that the wifi cuts in and out as though its searching for other channels Ive already uninstalled the realtek software so theres no contradicting software issues and tried switching channels but thats not my real issue--the KEYBOARD is I think I ve ruled out it being a hardware issue as the keyboard works fine for a few minutes and then boom it just locks up What makes me think its some sort of software issue is if I go into standby mode or hibernate and come out it works just fine--until it locks up again then I have to standby and come out makes for a real hard time when I m trying to edit But heres the real doozy--this problem started a few months ago when I had my old hard drive--but this is a brand new hard drive with a fresh copy of XP on it weird huh I ve searched high and low for a resolution They dont make this keyboard anymore so I m out of luck in terms of getting a new one Every quot similar quot post I ve seen has been graphics related or cpu related and I checked all my connections and everything is seated properly So I ask you oh techy god s WHAT THE F nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/m9700-laptop-keyboard-randomly-stops-working-until-standby-restart-hibernate.903019/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I am having issues with my PC and suspect a virus might be at fault When I connect to the internet via broadband connection I can get my home page but then it goes incredibly slow and has the little hour glass thingy up for ages I ve run my virus software etc but am still having issues AVG spybot and adaware I m just wondering if you could please check out my HJT log as I m pretty sure I have a lot of rubbish on my PC am glad to get rid of anything that doesn t need to be there Thanks for looking I am running windows XP on a pentium thingy not sure what more info you might need Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe to or connecting disconnecting randomly correctly, internet not PC C WINDOWS system PC not connecting to internet correctly, or disconnecting randomly spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exe C Program Files Fast Cleaner FC exe C Documents and Settings bondandbond Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn PC not connecting to internet correctly, or disconnecting randomly com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www xtra co nz R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link PC not connecting to internet correctly, or disconnecting randomly Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run YeppStudioAgent C Program Files Samsung SamsungMediaStudio SamsungMediaStudioAgent exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - Global Startup Image Transfer lnk C Program Files Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-not-connecting-to-internet-correctly-or-disconnecting-randomly.648381/
Relevancy 61.92%

I just got a new work laptop Precision M and it has the FirePro M k video card I am having issues with it where it stops refreshing The reason I know this is the problem is because if I run DP monitors laptop screen - M4800 - FirePro randomly stops Dell Precision laptop Win10 M5100 refreshing screen my mouse cursor will freeze on the laptop screen and if I keep moving the mouse left I now have a mouse Dell Precision M4800 laptop screen stops refreshing randomly - FirePro M5100 - Win10 cursor that is moving and then the one on the laptop screen is frozen and then it vanishes I tried multiple drivers from Dell and AMD and still having the same Dell Precision M4800 laptop screen stops refreshing randomly - FirePro M5100 - Win10 issue Not sure what else I could try If I run the laptop standalone without any other monitors it just looks like the mouse keyboard stop working and then all of the sudden it starts working SPECS Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU Intel Core i MQ GHz deg C Haswell nm Technology RAM GB Dell Precision M4800 laptop screen stops refreshing randomly - FirePro M5100 - Win10 Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Dell Inc deg C Graphics Standard Monitor x Hz Standard Monitor x Hz Standard Monitor x Hz MB ATI AMD FirePro M FireGL V Dell deg C Storage GB Samsung SSD EVO GB SSD deg C GB Samsung SSD EVO GB mSATA SSD deg C MB ASMT x - Config SCSI Disk Device USB SATA Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GS N Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device

A:Dell Precision M4800 laptop screen stops refreshing randomly - FirePro M5100 - Win10

Any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19668594
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

A:Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Just going to keep bumping this until I get a reply, or bet banned. Every thread has some form of reply...maybe I smell or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-keyboard-laptop-issue-keyboard-randomly-stops-functioning-until-i-standby.879922/
Relevancy 58.48%

So recently the sound on my desktop and my laptop has stopped working For seemingly no reason I really don't understand it I first noticed it with my desktop The sound just randomly stopped Sound Randomly Desktop and on Laptop Stops Working Working and working But not entirely It's really strange Sound on Laptop and Desktop Randomly Stops Working and Working and complicated what's been happening so bare with me while I try to explain it as best I can PC First time sound stopped working on PC Restarted computer sound came back no issues Second time I woke up to find VLC frozen Sound wasn't working I restarted VLC No sound Found out that there was no sound on the computer at all When I'd try to increase the volume on VLC it would only change within an interval of ten percent So it was at percent initially Would not let me go below but not above Sound didn't work anyway Restarted sound returned VLC working fine Third time I was playing Dragon Age Inquisition Sound worked fine using my headset Turtle Beach Went to speakers to lay down and watch some shows on VLC No sound on speakers Switched to Turtle Beach again sound returned Restarted VLC now suddenly no sound on VLC OR speakers Had to restart computer no issues after restart Laptop First time sound stopped working used the quot disable audio and reenable audio driver quot didn't solve anything Restarted sound came back Sound stopped working again same day restarted sound came back The next time I restarted the audio driver Realtek and then I shut down Explorer and then restarted explorer via the task manager Audio started working again Did same steps today sound not working Will have to of course restart my laptop One thing I noticed If there is something currently playing the sound won't go out for it even if sound goes out elsewhere So I had VLC running constantly and I could hear the sound from VLC while suddenly the sounds from everything else on the computer stopped working However once I restarted VLC sound stopped Only until restarting the computer or waiting for it to work again does the sound come back Other Info I find it weird that this is something happening to both my desktop and laptop at the same time I did a malware bytes sweep of my desktop found nothing Drivers are up-to-date My desktop is custom built I can't remember the MOBO right now but it's only a couple years old The laptop is about or years old at this point The computer seems to recognize that speakers are hooked up but when I would try and do tests it would say it cant' do sound tests So it HAS to be a driver problem it seems and not a MOBO issue Especially since my desktop the sound comes via USB

A:Sound on Laptop and Desktop Randomly Stops Working and Working

Update: I'm not at home to test my PC, but I think I discovered the issue. It seems to possibly be a glitch or something with flash player.

After watching an episode of Daily Show on Hulu, I went back to Tumblr and saw that a video didn't have sound, and then all sound on my computer was suddenly gone. I then tried something out, and shut down flashplayer. That temporarily brought sound back.

But it quickly went away.

Then I shut down Firefox and flash player entirely, and sound comes back even when Flash Player comes up.

What could cause this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/355109-sound-laptop-desktop-randomly-stops-working-working.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

So for some reason, when I try to use my laptop to connect to the Internet here, as soon as I connect, I get a 'Limited or no connectivity message' and the router stops providing access to the Internet for every other computer connected to it (so as soon as I open that laptop and it tries to connect to the router, no one else in the house has access to the Internet and I have to unplug/plug the power cord back in the router for the Internet to start working again).

It happened without any reason that I know of. It worked normally before, I haven't used it in a week and so when I tried to connect again, it suddenly stopped working...

Is this a common issue? Any solutions? Thanks

P.S. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

A:Laptop connects to router = stops internet

Who is the manufacturer for your router?

Belkin, Netgear, Cisco/Linksys, etc..?

I know some older model Netgear & Belkin routers have had a tendency to kill the internet after so many devices connected use an unparticular amount of bandwidth... thus I have now invested in a Cisco/Linksys router... problem hasn't re-appeared since.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200432-laptop-connects-router-stops-internet.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My laptop connects to the local network, but it has no internet access.
If I run troubleshooting it says that the DNS server isn't responding.
It is not the internets fault, because my room mate net works fine. It's not the cables fault because I tried plugging it in both of my routers and in both of my room mates, using his cable. And it doesn't work.
Wifi works fine elsewhere, but I don't have a wifi router in my dorm.
Things that I've tried:
Flushing my DNS
Adding custom DNS ports, like Googles or OpenDNS
Resetting the laptop to previous restore points
Using winsock reset
Disabling/enabling the network
Disabling Avast

I've changed nothing on my computer. The net worked fine on tuesday in my dorm. I went home and it worked fine there. Yesterday I came back to my dorm and it just stopped.

A:Laptop connecting to internet but no internet access (DNS server)

Try typing 74.125.21.102 in a browser window to see if you can reach Google. Check your roommates DSN settings and see if he is using the same DNS servers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/359887-laptop-connecting-internet-but-no-internet-access-dns-server.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello - every time that I turn on my laptop, the internet either slows down dramatically or stops altogether.  From what I have read in forums, it seems that it might be a driver problem. I would be grateful if you could help me.  I have had the computer for about 2 years.HP Pavilion 17Product No:  J2U1GEA#ABUSerial No:  5CG434209RBios:  F.60-04/08/2014Processor Name:  Intrl(R) Core(TM); 7-4710 MQ [email protected] GHz

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/TURNING-ON-LAPTOP-SL0WS-INTERNET-OR-STOPS-ALTOGETHER/td-p/5648361
Relevancy 56.33%

Okay here stops my When open I internet laptop working close the and s the issue in steps First I boot up my computer I close it over come back later open it Computer will connect but with the small yellow triangle Thing is though it s only my computer that ever has issues with my internet connection My sisters laptop has never had an issue with out internet Yet my laptop is able to connect to the neighbors internet fine The solution to my When I close and open my laptop the internet stops working problem almost all of the time is to simply reboot my computer which solves the problem most of the time But i m getting so sick When I close and open my laptop the internet stops working of having to do it The other times when a reboot doesn t work I have to manually reset the internet As i m typing this I m on my neighbors internet my sister is connected fine to our internet but my laptop simply won t work with it so i ll have to reset it when i m finished this Some useful information might be that this problem only started happening ever since my computer got wiped I ve tried updating the drivers but apparently they re up to date Before that I never had an issue Does anyone have any possible solutions Thank you in advance TLDR basically my laptop has very exclusive issues either my internet hates my laptop or my laptop hates my internet Hopefully someone can help me distinguish which one it is nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

When I try certain websites internet explorer stops working, next it says looking for a solution and then it stops working and shuts down on the website.  It only happens on certain ones, some happen right away others you can surf longer than others.  Eventually it happens on all websites.Please help!  

A:HP ENVY laptop internet explorer stops working

Hi ,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the network. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Please get back to me and I will help you. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-ENVY-laptop-internet-explorer-stops-working/td-p/5586951
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I really hope this is something that can be fixed at home I don t want to have to bring it into town and pay to get it Laptop Not Internet Connecting on fixed Last night I Internet Not Connecting on Laptop was on the internet on my laptop and it was working great This morning I went to connect and all I get is an empty Internet Not Connecting on Laptop dialtone like the one you hear when you pick up the phone I have dialup by the way It won t dial the phone number it needs to I connected to my spare phone and it works fine I connected to my sisters laptop it works fine I connected to the home computer and it works fine I honestly don t know what to do anymore I put in the passwords usernames and phone number all over again I compared the settings on my computer to my sisters and they were fine I really need my laptop to work Hope you can help C P S I don t know if this will help but my my laptop is a HP Pavilion and it s running on Windows Vista nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I use a compaq v200 model celeron laptop with windows xp.
Im unable to connect to the net despite having the same settings as my desktop which is connecting to the internet.
However ,Im able to make calls using skype loaded in my laptop .
Request advise me what is to be done to rectify this problem
Srinivas

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have one PC, and 3 different laptops all hooked up to a LAN, and also use it to connect my phone as wifi. All this works great, but I recently purchased an old toshiba laptop, and I cannot connect it. I have tried connecting to a network and the box was all gray with no selectable options. When I tried to connect to a local area connection, it said my network cable was unplugged. I am not sure what to do to. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 55.47%

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to connect a PC to a laptop and then to my Comcast internet box

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connecting-a-pc-to-laptop-and-the-internet-238542.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok where to start Today I had a few spare hours so I thought i d try and setup up a static IP as I heard it makes it easier to foward port So I setup static IP address to not Laptop internet connecting s for my desktop and laptop with help from www portforward com I assume The computer guy that I get to setup most of the stuff had changed the ip Laptop not connecting to internet address for the router Laptop not connecting to internet as when I tried to get into it I couldnt So I reset my DL- D-Link router by pressing the button at the back Once I did that I could log onto the site for the router and configuire the ports But then I tried to use my laptop and it couldnt connect to the internet So I took out all the information in the Local area connection gt properties gt Internet Protocol TCP IP properties gt use the following address and use the following DNS server for both the laptop and the desktop hoping it d fix it But it still couldnt connect The message the laptop comes up with is Wireless Network connection Windows was unable to find a certificate to log on to the network default If you need any more information to help me with this please just ask and i ll try to find it And sorry but as you can tell I dont know much about computers Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I have an HP Pavillion dv2000 with Windows Vista. It has always connected to the internet just fine wirelessly as well as while connected via ethernet cable. Suddenly it won't connect wirelessly at home anymore. I'm not sure of the problem. I've checked the router..Everything seems fine. Other computers work fine in the house. If I connect the laptop using the ethernet cable it also connects fine.

By the wireless card there is a little light indicating whether wireless is working or not.. It says it works, although it doesnt.... When I click "Connect to a Network" and select my home Network, (which shows a full signal) it goes for about a second to the connection screen and then right away to
Windows cannot connect to (network)
-> Diagnose the problem.

Ive obviously "Diagnosed the problem" but nothing turns up.. So? What should I try?

Thanks

A:Laptop not connecting to Internet

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you should be able to re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-connecting-to-internet.727109/
Relevancy 55.47%

We have to LAN through Laptop PC in Connecting Internet PCs connected to a ADSL modem router which has ports to share files and internet connection Unfortunately there is no IP address assigned to both the PCs When i tried to assign the PC it gets disconnected from Internet The problem is i want to access the PCs through internet from a Laptop When I ping the Public IP of that Connecting Laptop to PC in LAN through Internet lan network it works But when Connecting Laptop to PC in LAN through Internet i use the Remote Desktop to connect to the PC or when i use the DOS command NET USE x IPaddres sharename USER username password - It doesn Connecting Laptop to PC in LAN through Internet t work In DOS prompt error or Network path not found error occurs I followed the instruction to configure Remote Access like disabling firewall no installation of any firewall software My computer - gt properties - gt remote - gt allow users to connect remotely this computer But nothing works Please tell me the step to configure and connect to the LAN network from the Laptop thru internet All are windows XP Pro Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Connecting Laptop to PC in LAN through Internet

You may need to set up some kind of port forwarding or VPN on the router. What I actually do for my computers is use logmein (logmein.com) but the free version does not have file sharing option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-laptop-to-pc-in-lan-through-internet.1015722/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi

My dell laptop is not connecting to the internet but is connected through wireless. But it is on local only. It normally connects to the internet. The wireless router works on my other computer. Can someone tell me how to connect to the internet.

Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop on Windows7, and it won't connect to the internet (BT Homehub).

It's not the internet/wireless hub as it works perfectly on a different laptop and on a PS3. When I try to connect it says its 'connected' but the internet won't work- when I try to connect to a webpage it says 'This webpage is not available'.

And after I while it says 'No internet access'.

When I connect to my hub via a wired connection, it works perfectly.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work?

A:Laptop not connecting to Internet

my issue maybe the same. Im fine hardwired but wireless is sketchy and rarely works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-not-connecting-to-internet-538483.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Greetings, I have my friend's older computer here that's still running Windows 98 and it won't connect wirelessly to my home internet. It's been so long since I've dealt with 98 that I barely remember how to navigate the system so there isn't much I was able to do in trying to fix the problem myself.

It's an HP compaq tc 4200, it's connected to my home internet before so all the information for the connection is there, it simply refuses to cooperate all of a sudden.

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Old Laptop not connecting to the internet

It's been so long since I've dealt with 98 that I barely remember how to navigate the system so there isn't much I was able to do in trying to fix the problem myself.Click to expand...

i'm afraid me to

but try
Winipcfg
and PING

so you need to get to a command prompt - which I think is under start>accessories>command prompt
then type
Winipcfg

and then try the ping commands

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-laptop-not-connecting-to-the-internet.1056185/
Relevancy 55.47%

GF's old Laptop was connecting to the internet wirelessly fine, but one day after she dropped it, it stopped connecting. I tried hard wiring it and it still won't work. PLS help!

Thanks!

A:Laptop not connecting to the internet.

If a wired connection doesn't work at all, then it's possible that a piece of hardware is damaged. This is even more likely considering the fact that she dropped the laptop.

I would suggest trying a USB network adapter to try to receive wireless signals.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-connecting-to-the-internet.951537/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am at my friend's house and I am trying to connect my laptop to the internet via lan cable. I have set my laptop up here many times before, but for some reason it isn't connecting this time.
The laptop registers that I have plugged the cable in, but for some reason it isn't connecting.
How can I get this to work?
Thanks, Tiget.

Relevancy 55.47%

I have just bought a Dell Latitude D600 laptop and I don't know the first thing about it! I need to get an internet connection for it and will be going to Egypt at the end of July, so I would like one that I will be able to use there. Can anybody advise me as to what the best thing to get will be?
Thanks for all your help.
Meritamun

A:Connecting a laptop to the internet

That laptop is (in its standard form) set up for Dial-Up connection to the internet.
In Egypt, you may find Internet Cafe's and/or hotels where you can connect your laptop, using an ordinary RJ11 telephone cable.
You might need an adapter for the telephone plugs in Egypt, I have no idea what they look like there. Probably buy that locally.

Rather than take that laptop with you, go and visit those internet cafes, especially since you know nothing about laptops. They are easily stolen, or sand might get into them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-a-laptop-to-the-internet.28369/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi. I'm thinking of buying a laptop to replace my desktop PC and then just keep my desktop around for miscellaneous purposes. I have a broadband connection here at home and I would like to be able to connect both my laptop and the desktop to that connection. How would I go about doing that? I'm guessing a router is in order, though I'm not sure how they work or how to set one up. Should I get a wireless router to be used with my laptop? Also, I want to be able to connect to the Internet through my laptop even if I'm not at home, so how do I do that? Do I need a dial-up connection from a nation-wide company? What companies could I do this through? I don't need any special features from the company, I just want to be able to get online anywhere/time. Thanks for your help.

A:Connecting Laptop to the Internet

1. Yes you need a router like this (but dependant on whether your connection is cable or adsl):
a. wired: http://www.netgear.com/products/details/DG834.php
b. wireless: http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WGT624.php
2. Set up is real real real easy and all necessary instructions come with the router.
3. wired v wireless is a massive debate. If both machines are in the same room wire them to the router, of course if you want to use the laptop elsewhere in the house then it has to be wireless or a very long cable : )
If going wireless ensure you set up security.

Using the laptop away from home will mean either a dial up connection or a friends broadband connection or a wireless access point in starbucks or somehere.

You'll find everything you need to know about networking here:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-laptop-to-the-internet.361652/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have been having problems connecting my laptop to the internet over my home's wifi network. Other wireless devices still connect no problem, but since Thursday I can't connect with my laptop. I have tried numerous solutions culled from google, but nothing has worked. My most recent attempt was from this forum so I decided to try here first for a solution specifically for my situation. I have an Asus i5 Windows 7 computer with a netgear wireless router. My laptop says it connects to the network (wireless router shows this connection), but it shows no internet connection. I have used my cell phone as a wireless hotspot and the laptop is able to connect to the internet that way. I used a LAN connection to assure myself that the laptop could connect to the internet and it did just fine. I am at a loss and frustrated beyond belief. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark

A:Problems connecting to internet on laptop

Did you get this issue solved?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-connecting-to-internet-on-laptop.196946/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, So I just brought a Toshiba laptop with windows 7 premium. I cant seem to connect to my NETGEAR Wireless router. My previous laptops connected fine. When I search for a wireless device it picks it up, Then I click Connect, Shortly after I just get a trouble shoot message that doesnt help me at all. I have tried turning of the WEP key and connecting and still get the trouble shoot error message.

I am not sure what to do, I unplugged the ethernet cord out of the computer and into the laptop too connect to the internet and that worked fine. So I am not sure what wrong with the wireless.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

A:Need help Connecting Laptop to Wireless Internet

Try setting your wireless network to WPA.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/108780-need-help-connecting-laptop-wireless-internet.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently got an old Power Mac G4 from my school, since they were going to recycle it, and I am trying to get it to connect to the internet through my netbook, since it does not have a wireless adapter. Here are the specs:

Power Mac G4 Mirror Drive Door
1.25 Ghz PPC G4
1.5 Gb Ram
Geforce2 MX
80 Gb HDD
OS X Leopard Server Edition

Following some instructions online, I have converted an Ethernet cable to a crossover cable, but all the instructions I have seen have been for sharing the network to another PC, not a mac. Thanks for any help,

TC

A:Connecting a Powermac to the Internet through a laptop

If your netbook is running XP just set up ICS. Then you don't need to do anything on your mac (or even if it was a PC) because they just see the netbook as the real internet connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-a-powermac-to-the-internet-through-a-laptop.137511/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Lenovo N laptop using Windows XP Professional - Service pack I can get a good connection to my router but cannot get onto the internet Browsers show Server not found Other machine using same router connects to internet without problems so I am assuming the problem is with the laptop I with laptop to connecting internet Problem have checked wireless configuration and Problem with laptop connecting to internet it is ok and have followed advice which I have found on forums - this seems to be a common problem - but cannot solve it I have run Hijackthis in the hope that it will come up with something and the log follows Any help would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe Problem with laptop connecting to internet C maintenance a-squared Anti-Dialer a service exe C maintenance a-squared Free a service exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C maintenance AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C MAINTE Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C MAINTE Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C MAINTE Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Lenovo Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system DRIVERS CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY FNF SVC Problem with laptop connecting to internet exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Kontiki KService exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C maintenance Raxco PerfectDisk PDAgent exe C Program Files Lenovo PM Driver PMSveH exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Logger logmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C maintenance Raxco PerfectDisk PDEngine exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass scureapp exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C PROGRA Lenovo LENOVO LPMGR exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C PROGRA THINKV AMSG amsg exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACTray exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exe C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution cssauth exe C maintenance a-squared Anti-Dialer a adguard exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C MAINTE Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TpWAudAp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Kontiki KHost exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C MAINTE Grisoft AVG avgw exe C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution tvtpwm tray exe C Documents and Settings Clare Buckle Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go m... Read more

A:Problem with laptop connecting to internet

Sorted. I've been thinking of other possibilities. The last update was Special Pack 2 and the problem appeared after that. I thought that putting SP3 on might help and -voila! - everything is ok. Must have been corrupt files from SP2. Anyway, thanks to everyone who has read the messages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-laptop-connecting-to-internet.786550/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I have had a toshiba laptop for a couple years. I decided to do a clean install of windows vista to clean out my computer a bit. After doing so, I can no longer connect to the internet. The drivers say they are installed and up to date so Im not sure what is wrong.

Thanks,
Wendy

A:Toshiba laptop not connecting to Internet

Get into Control Panel, System, Device Manager and tell us if you notice any yellow exclamation marks in any of the lines

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-not-connecting-to-internet.158285/
Relevancy 55.04%

Can't find solution, any help greatly appreciated. laptop : Toshiba L755 Win7 stopped connecting to internet 7-5-14. Diff laptop works from same router, no problems. Have tried just about everything I found regarding this, but nothing works.

Had an issue after AVG tuneup, which I'm not sure how it downloaded could not be removed. I started to delete small segments of it, See many people have this issue.

Drivers indicate they are running normally, and I'm worn out looking for more info.

Here is what internals show.

Thanks if someone has an idea.

Doug

Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys. I have a laptop that says that says that it is connected to the network, but it doesn't allow me to connect to the Internet. I have tried this laptop on numerous networks and nothing happens. And I think there is a problem with the laptop because my other laptop is picking up the signal perfectly. The laptop that is causing problems is a Toshiba Satellite U205-S5002. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you guys have some followup questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Relevancy 55.04%

I recently not New to laptop Solved: internet connecting purchased a new laptop Acer Aspire running Windows Vista I tried to connect it to my wireless network but it s not working I can connect but it doesn t get to the internet and the router doesn t properly assign an IP address Subnet mask and so forth I am able to ping localhost and IP address given in ipconfig Solved: New laptop not connecting to internet I can t ping anything else There is no default gateway given so I am uanble to attempt that There s already a desktop connected locally and another laptop a ThinkPad connected wirelessly Both of these machines have no issues with connecting and the ThinkPad laptop is all set to auto config with DHCP enabled Here is the Acer Aspire ipconfig all info host Name Bjorn-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No WLAN adapter wireless network connection- Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - F-E - - D- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f f ed e f f lt preferred gt Autoconfiguration IPv Address lt preferred gt Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Serves fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over TCpip Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell laptop Win Linksys router wireless card All have worked and connected perfectly from January until Saturday Dec I ran a full virus scan on Dec It found a couple things To Laptop Connecting Suddenly Not Internet fixed them and I went on like normal I played online for a little bit then turned it off on Friday On Saturday when I went to startup I got an error Regsvr Loadlibrary c documents and settings all users application data rgnihadw dll quot failed Access denied I went in search of the rgnihadw dll file and couldn't find it It was in quarantine So I put it back where it was Still couldn't connect It still can't find it It is a hidden file and I can't see Laptop Suddenly Not Connecting To Internet hidden files for some reason Spent hours online with Linksys trying to figure out if it was a router problem Bought a new wireless Laptop Suddenly Not Connecting To Internet card to see if that was it Called my ISP I even called Dell even though I bought the computer off ebay I even connected directly to the cable modem and still couldn't connect Weirdly enough I can see the network I can see the other computers in our home connect to them I can see other networks in our neighborhood Throughout all of this all other wireless computers in our home are FINE Just my computer I have no idea what happened or what to do None of the people I talked with knew what to do When I try to connect to the internet I get this error res c winnt system shdoclc dll dnserror htmHere is the HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system netdde exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system mspmspsv exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT system hkcmd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINNT system regsvr exeC Program Files TP-LINK TWCU TWCU exeC Program Files Belkin F D Belkinwcui exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http charter net index phpF - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINNT shell exeN - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http home netscape com bookmark home html quot C Documents and Settings ADMINISTRATOR Application Data Mozilla Profiles default c xll n slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings ADMINISTRATOR Application Data Mozilla Profiles default c xll n slt prefs js O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocxO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run wosa C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp woso exeO - HKL... Read more

A:Laptop Suddenly Not Connecting To Internet

Welcome to BC

Sorry for the delay, the forum has been extremely busy lately.

Since its been a few days, please post a fresh Hijackthis log. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120854/laptop-suddenly-not-connecting-to-internet/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi sorry if this has been posted somewhere before. I have a laptop with windows vista on it, I use a wireless connection to connect so does 2 other people in the house, they have no probs. I can connect fine. but when i put a search in the search engine the search will come up, but if i want to click on what I have searched it wont let me it just says cannot display the page, but if I go back again and search it lets me search. The weird thing is when this is happening it lets me go and chat on msn, but wont let me go on any other sites at all. When I do all the checks it says im connect to the network and everyone else can connect with no probs. help much appreciate kells

A:need help connecting laptop to internet fully.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-connecting-laptop-to-internet-fully.804780/
Relevancy 55.04%

I was just online a short while ago and now for some reason I cant connect to the internet. My computer shows that im connected but I cannot get online. Ive tried resetting the modem and rebooting computer twice but no go. I have two other laptops that connect with no problem.

A:My Laptop Just quit connecting to internet!!

Hi Joeyz,

You might want to release the current IP configuration and renew it.
Open up CMD (Start > Search > cmd, run as administrator).

Type:
ipconfig /release *n*
Wait till its done.
ipconfig /renew

IF that doesn't work, rebuilt/reset the TCP/IP build, type:
netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-just-quit-connecting-to-internet-585854.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Have my modem connected to a switch and my desktop and laptop connected to the switch. The internet works flawlessly on my desktop with no problems at all. The laptop is connecting to the network but is not connecting to the internet. It tells me " 'Local Area Connection' not a valid ip configuration."

I have tried using the flushDNS script but it doesn't work. It hangs up on ipconfig /renew, gives me an error, and then completes the rest. The error is "unable to connect to your DHCP server"

A:Laptop connecting to network but not internet

Quote: Originally Posted by street1030

Have my modem connected to a switch and my desktop and laptop connected to the switch. The internet works flawlessly on my desktop with no problems at all. The laptop is connecting to the network but is not connecting to the internet. It tells me " 'Local Area Connection' not a valid ip configuration."

I have tried using the flushDNS script but it doesn't work. It hangs up on ipconfig /renew, gives me an error, and then completes the rest. The error is "unable to connect to your DHCP server"

The problem is that you have a modem plugged directly into a switch which isn't how it works.

You need to have a router after the modem in order to obtain DHCP IP's "automatic IP assignments" from the router.

If you need to connect more than one machine you need to either use a router or ICS "internet connection sharing" which has limited use and reliability and requires that you have a PCI network adaptor. In most every case using a router is the best way to go here.

Modem>router>switch>machines plugged into router or switch in order to obtain DHCP IP's from the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/247437-laptop-connecting-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a friend s win xp computer that they desperately need for a expensive program on it that only runs in win xp I thought it was a problem with the winsock in the network part connecting network xp but to not laptop win internet of win xp Through doing some problem solving t is now narrowed down win xp laptop connecting to network but not internet to something else is stopping the computer from connecting to the internet The lan adapter and wifi work fine they connect to the network but they do not go out to the internet I don t have a proxy running I did do a reset of the winsock no luck if I do a ping it wont get out to the server and fails I cant use any browser I tried and none work I did discovered in safe mode I can connect to the internet but At this point I am stuck I am not sure if anyone herecan help but I am really hoping to get this computer connecting again without reinstalling windows xp Thank you in advance for your help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-laptop-connecting-to-network-but-not-internet-1160073.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My laptop A Samsung NP P C-S AU running windows home premium is not connecting to the modem which is a D-link DSL- B-F For the past few weeks I have been able to fix this by resetting the modem restarting the laptop and I also did a full restore on the laptop as well as completely reset the modem and updated the firmware I ve also tried two different wireless security settings WPA and WPA neither of which have fixed the problem though surprisingly it did work for a few days when changing over to to WPA For the past couple of days the laptop has not been able to connect to the internet apart from a few times where the connection lasted - minutes We have multiple computers and portable devices in the house all of trouble the having to Laptop internet connecting which don t seem to have any issue connecting to the internet so I m not sure what the problem could be Any advice would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

hey guys' i keep getting a blue screen which forces my system to restart each time i connect to the internet. attached herewith is the dump file as requested.

A:BSOD after connecting my laptop to the internet

We need more information to analyze your logs. Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, let the tool run until it has completely finished and then upload the new logs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334935-bsod-after-connecting-my-laptop-internet.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Really I don't know where to begin I'm sure you get things like this all the time from know-nothing novices like myself and I would appreciate any help I have a Toshiba Satellite L laptop running Windows It is just about exactly one year old I purchased it in November The problem stopped laptop internet My to the connecting has started a couple months ago I do not know the My laptop has stopped connecting to the internet precise date I use Firefox as my browser of choice Every time Firefox ran its automatic update the problem would begin It would open displaying the Firefox homepage but if for example I wanted to go to Google I would type the address and instead of going to Google it would display quot Waiting for google com quot with a spinning icon It would keep displaying this message without ever actually going to Google until eventually giving up and returning to the Firefox homepage and acting like everything is fine Also the wireless signal strength icon in the lower right will tell me I have full My laptop has stopped connecting to the internet bars no matter what I know it is lying to me because when everything is functioning properly I never have more than bars when in my bedroom What's really bizarre is that when this problem happens Internet Explorer displays the exact same symptoms quot Waiting quot without ever actually getting anywhere Even though the Firefox update seems to be the trigger Usually I could resolve the problem by rebooting again and again until the problem went away And everything would be fine until the next time Firefox automatically updated My last Firefox update was Tuesday it is now Saturday and repeated restarts have not resolved the problem My laptop refuses to load any webpages but insists that it is quot waiting quot and has full wireless signal strength Earlier today I uninstalled Firefox with the goal of doing a clean reinstall but that fixed nothing Internet Explorer still will not load anything and I cannot download a new version of Firefox until this is resolved My desktop computer with ethernet connection works fine I have not had the opportunity to try my laptop on any wireless networks aside from my home network I am kind of at my wit's end here Thank you P S Okay I just started in Safe Mode with Networking It connected slowly to the wireless and Internet Explorer loaded apparently fine Then Internet Explorer abruptly stopped working with the message quot The instruction at x f f eb referenced memory at x The memory could not be read Click on OK to terminate the program quot

A:My laptop has stopped connecting to the internet

i have moved to the networking forum

is this windows 8 or 8.1 ?

try a tcp/ip reset

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

For Windows Vista/Windows 7/8Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen ):For Windows 8 To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter
Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter
Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This often occurs with windows 8

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/my-laptop-has-stopped-connecting-to-the-internet-919482.html
Relevancy 55.04%

So today I formatted my windows xp. Now after that's formatted I need to get the wireless Internet on my laptop. I know there's a wizard to help but how to I get to that setup wizard to help me get my wireless Internet. I don't need to make a new connection or anything just be able to connect to the wireless internet

A:Connecting to the Internet on a formatted laptop

First question is: did you install the drivers for your wireless card?, check in Device Management to make sure. you should be able to create a new connection by opening network connections in control panel, then on the left pane there should be be a "setup a new connection" or something to that effect. I don't recall offhand as I'm running Win7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connecting-to-the-internet-on-a-formatted-laptop-594348.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have to connect to my wireless modem first with my laptop, which works alright. But then i have to connect to the internet and type my username and password. The problem is, once ive pressed enter my laptop freezes.
What could be possible causes?
Ill be happy to provide more detailed information if anyone asks!

A:Laptop Keeps Freezing When Connecting To The Internet

Usually one doesn't have to use a u/n and p/w just to connect to the Internet. So we must be thinking of different things here. Is it a particular website that you're trying to bring up that requires a u/n and p/w? Can you go to any page like for example, www.cnn.com?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149493/laptop-keeps-freezing-when-connecting-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I m new here and need help connecting my old windows winbook laptop to the internet I ve tried looking all over the internet for solutions and have been unable to find any Or I wasn t able to understand most of the information I have found I m not savvy with connecting to the internet so I just need some help I was winbook my to connecting laptop help Need the internet? told that I just need to buy a new computer because it s old but I want to see if there s a solution to it first because I don Need help connecting my winbook laptop to the internet? t have money to buy a Need help connecting my winbook laptop to the internet? new computer So this laptop when it was connected to the internet used a dial-up connection But now at my house Need help connecting my winbook laptop to the internet? we don t have a home phone anymore so using a dial-up connection isn t an option It uses wired internet I m pretty sure This computer I m using now belongs to someone else and it uses a wireless connection I have a Linksys wireless-G broadband router and a wireless adapter card and I ve tried using both with it The laptop doesn t seem to recognize the router or it s not compatible with it or something and with the wireless adapter I saw that there was a problem with the driver that I need to update it or something and I don t know how to do it I guess we have the installation CD that came with the adapter but I ve had trouble finding it Is there any hope for this situation Any help appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Posting from my desktop because I can't get online from my laptop since Wednesday night. The connection fails every time. I have a Belkin Wireless router and the desktop is wired and the laptop wireless. I have tried following through the Diagnose Problem route and it tells me that "The wireless Network key on this computer does not match the key settings on the wirelss router." I haven't changed anything, yet when I tried to go online yesterday I can't.

I've looked on the Setup Utility on the router and found the 10-digit Network key. I tried inputting that on the laptop but no joy. I generated a new key and input it on the laptop but it's still not being recognised. Any suggestions as to what I could try next please?

Thanks
Clare

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I tried to get onto the internet this morning on the computer and it would'nt let me, so I restarted it, twice and still it was the same? It has the bars in the bottom right corner but there is a red cross going through, when I click this, to connect to my internet, there are no connections available to choose from, yet I still have internet on my blackberry, wifi on the iphone, and on the ipad? It just confused me to why this has happened?

Relevancy 55.04%

I with internet with Need to a satellite help connecting laptop. m being forced by my location to go with satellite internet if I want to upgrade from my current dialup I ve checked with everybody Need help with connecting to satellite internet with a laptop. I can think of - I have yet to find any company that will give us anything faster than dialup Need help with connecting to satellite internet with a laptop. I know next to nothing about laptops or wireless though I d like to be able to use my laptop with satellite internet without having to run an ethernet cord to it thus rendering it no more useful than a desktop The question is what do I need to do that I ve been told it can be done but no one will elaborate On trying to look into it myself I quickly got bogged down in wireless routers wireless switches wireless bridges wireless adapters wireless access points And no real explanation of what the difference between all of them is Short version I need to know what piece of equipment I need to buy to do the above The satellite modem connects to a computer with an ethernet line according to the satellite ISP s info I need to take that and make it wireless so my laptop And desktop with a wireless NIC can take advantage of it And considering how craptastic it seems to be I should probably mention I m on Vista I ve been bitten in the arse by Wait you re on Vista You need this then and maybe an XP disc enough times I mention it by default now nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

in need of help connecting a xp pc to the internet through windows 7 laptop.i have been playing world of warcraft on my laptop (wind 7) and it has been very laggy and it is down to the graphics. i feel that my pc will be able to run this programe smoothly but the only problem is that it does not have wifi.

Then i remembered i have an ethanet cable so i would be able to use the wifi from my laptop and connect it to my pc. only trubble is i can not find a way to do this.

really need help, it will be much appriciated if any one can spare their time to explain.

A:Need help connecting a xp pc to the internet through windows 7 laptop.

Hi maxrules43 welcome to the forums,

Here is a link that will walk you step by step on how to setup ICS between your two computers and get you going.

Using ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)

This below link is a local tutorial on the forum.
Internet Connection Sharing - Enable[2]=Networking%20Internet

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246143-need-help-connecting-xp-pc-internet-through-windows-7-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there,
I have an Acer TravelMate 3270 with a Windows XP operating system. I'm not able to connect to the internet on it. The computer sees my wireless network. I click on it to connect and it asks for my network key. I put in my wireless password and the error message says: "The network password needs to be 40bits or 10bits depending on you network configuration. This can be enteresed as 5 or 13 ascii character or 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters."

I know i'm entering my password right and i know my internet works because I have other computers in the house (all are Macs) and I can connect to the internet with that password.

I've also tried to hard-wire in the ethernet cable into the ACER, but it doesn't pick up the internet in that case either.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your help.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Gateway ML Notebook It has the following Intel Pentium dual-core Mobile Processor T GHz GB Hard Drive MB DDR Memory Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit I am currently on my home pc which has an Arris Touchtone Cable Modem CM to connect to the internet I have Cable internet When I first got the laptop in March of I would plug in a USB cord from the cable modem to the manually laptop connecting internet to laptop and the internet would work I don t know what happened but now when I plug in a USB cord the mouse would blink and then nothing would happen I even tried Ethernet but it would just flash colors at the end of the cord indicating it connected to SOMETHING and that s all I contacted arris com and they referred me to http www manually connecting laptop to internet arrisi com support usb index asp They said at the link that quot USB Drivers for Windows Vista running in -bit mode is included with Windows Vista There is no downloaded necessary quot I tried installing the driver for the -bit Vista CM and when I plugged in the ethernet plug the laptop asked for a driver YA Anyways Arris Touchtone Device showed up in Device Manger I updated it with the -bit Vista CM driver I don t know if that helped or not But still no internet when I go to quot Connect To quot then click on quot Broadband Connection quot click Connect quot It says Connecting to Broadband Connection quot then comes with the error of quot Failed to connect to Broadband Connection quot I also noticed that when I have USB conncted and Arris showing up in Device Manager I see the two little screens flashing and when I put the mouse over it it says quot Currently connected to Unidentified network Access Local only quot See attachment for more clarification So what I am looking for is a correct driver for the cable modem or another way to connect the internet I don t want to have a buy a Wireless Router but if I have to I ll go out and buy one Feel free to ask questions I ll try my best to clarify anything I ve said -TimberWolf nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello A while ago my Sony Vaio which uses Windows stopped connecting to the internet I have had the laptop for just over a year and haven t had any problems since now I live in New Zealand internet Trouble laptop to connecting on my the and am connected to the Telecom network There doesn t seem to be a problem with the modem as other laptops and smart phones can successfully connect The Trouble connecting to the internet on my laptop only problem is if I try and connect my laptop the other computers cannot connect My internet security recently expired so my laptop was unprotected for a while before I downloaded another programme I thought it could be a virus that is causing the problem So if I turn my laptop on it will say that it is fully connected to the internet but if I click on Google Chrome or Internet Explorer it will partially load the page and then after a minute or so it will change to limited access If I try to reconnect it will come up with a message saying that it cannot connect and suggest to trouble shoot of which does not work However if I do not click on a web browser my laptop will successfully connect to spotify and itunes store but as soon as I try to connect to a web browser these other programmes will stop working I have tried connecting with no other devices turned on or connected and my laptop still won t connect I have tried turning the modem on and off and leaving it for a while I have just got back from a weeks holiday and my laptop is the same as it was when I went away I hope this is enough information as I am not very tech savvy so if anyone has any ideas to help me that would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Trouble connecting to the internet on my laptop

Did you uninstall the old "internet security" before installing the new one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-the-internet-on-my-laptop.1113681/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi im having a bit of trouble connecting to the internet with my broadband router. i will note that i have been using the exact same router for the past year and have had no trouble untill one day when it would just not connect. The router is bthomehub and when i open network and sharing center it tells me that there is limited connectivity (not the case for other computer in the house) but the signal strength is very good. Ive tried all options on the windows network diagnostics but am still having trouble. please reply with suggestions any help will be much appreciated.

Relevancy 55.04%

There is two laptop, both running vista. Laptop A is connected to the internet through ethernet cable, and i want to know how to connect Laptop B to the internet through Laptop A via wireless connection.

Thanks in advance.

A:Connecting to the internet via another Vista Laptop

Set up an ad-hoc wireless connection between the two laptops (using dynamic addressing) and then enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the Laptop A connection that has internet access. If that internet access is though a router you can bridge the connections instead of using ICS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-the-internet-via-another-vista-laptop.882789/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a dell Latitude D510 running on Windows XP service pack 3, and it cannot connect to the internet with neither wireless nor ethernet cable.
I took a look at the Network drivers, and they are all green.
When I try to repair the network connection, it says the following action cannot be completed: Renewing your IP address.

I went into my router's setting and ran a test. Despite being completely connect and having it's own assigned IP, it received no pings.

How do I fix this?

A:Problem connecting to the internet on laptop

Open the command prompt, Start > Run type cmd.exe in the command prompt type ipconfig /all then post the output.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-connecting-to-the-internet-on-laptop-699452.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys,

Long story short, when I connect to the internet at my university my laptop crashes. At home it is fine and has never crashed. I assume it has something to do with the university's internet passing a certificate. I figured my network adapter's drivers must be at fault. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling and that didn't work, so here I am.

Specs:
HP Pavilion dv6 64 Bit.
Windows 7
Adapter: Ralink RT5390r 802.11b/g/n

I also have the dmp files if anyone is interested. Haven't figured out how to read them. Thanks!

A:Laptop get BSoD when connecting to internet.

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Probably better if you go straight to our BSOD section.

Please follow our Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-get-bsod-when-connecting-to-internet-1047954.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I am sorry but I am kind of a novice when it comes to my computers I will tell you what I know I have a Sony Vaio VGN-B Laptop I also have a wireless Laptop signal connecting internet to not network I set up in my house and it has been working Laptop not connecting to internet signal without a problem for about a year now The other day I went to log on and it started showing me an error in Internet Explorer I tried the laptop that I am using to write this message and I am connected to the same network without a problem My ISP is from Brighthouse Cable and their suffix is cfl rr com My cable modem is a Touchstone Telephony Modem by Arris Model TM G My Router is a Linksys WRT N Wireless-N I am using Windows XP I really don t know why it just stopped working on that computer but everything else including my WI-FI printer are working fine When I ran ipconfig all on my laptop this is what I got Microsoft R Windows DOS C Copyright Microsoft Corp - C DOCUME JOSHUA gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Josh Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List cfl rr com Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cfl rr com Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - -F - F- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday April PM Lease Expires Wednesday April PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - A- - -EA C DOCUME JOSHUA gt Thank you for anything you can do to help with this nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all again I managed to fix the on Connecting internet to Solved: my laptop the screen problem with my laptop in my last thread by simply hanging the computer upside down for minutes then turning it to normal axis Now I m also having another problem related to connecting to the internet I m no computer wizz however if I m told something I should be able to do it Ok So I have a blue ethernet cable which is plugged Solved: Connecting to the internet on my laptop in directly to my modem I can get internet working on my desktop however when I plug the ethernet cable into my laptop I get the following message quot This connection has limited or no connectivity quot It recognises that I ve plugged in the ethernet cable however when I go to try to repair the problem listed under quot Network Connections quot I get an error message saying that it could not renew the ip address I HAVE used this laptop in a way where I d just plug in the ethernet cable and the internet would work Around months ago however for some reason it is not working for me anymore Help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Ok,
I did by a new laptop about 3 weeks ago, its a lenovo G460 laptop, 4gigs ram, 320 GB HDD, Geforce 310M 512mb, windows 7 home premium. I was wondering if i could connect my desktop pc broadband cable to my laptop and surf. I did try to put in the cable in my laptop's ethernet port but the net wouldnt work despite it being connected (light would glow). I believe that there are a few settings you need to do on your lappy before you get going. My dad wouldn't buy me a router as of now... lol. Could somebody help me with these settings??

Relevancy 55.04%

i have a question to ask i have a laptop is a pentium 4 windows xp home edition i am tryeing to connect it to my internet but im having trouble doing so i have a broadband connection i plug in the laptop and all it does is have a local connection and i cant get on to the internet or windows live messenger or etc... does any one pleas ehave some advise

A:Having trouble connecting my laptop to the internet

Is it Ethernet?

go into Control Panel, Network Connections, Local Area Connection & Right Click. Choose Properties, Highlight Internet ProtocolTCP/IP and make sure it's set to automatically obtain IP & DNS addresses.

See what it's set at, if it's already at Auto for both, let us know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-connecting-my-laptop-to-the-internet.90791/
Relevancy 55.04%

This Is rather strange. My Mother inlaw's HP laptop suddenly will not connect to the internet. Email works fine and wireless is connected. I uninstalled IE, then re-installed from the XP CD and it worked fine then. I was eventually prompted to update IE, so I did and now it does not connect again. I tried security settings, IPconfig /release then IPconfig/renew. I tried for the heck of it, adding google to trusted sites zone but no luck. Tried connecting directly to the modem. No luck. I also noticed that it won't successfully update .net or AVG antivirus (when it was connected) something really strange is going on. When I was connected, the AVG updater kept failing (connection to update server failed) not sure if related to main issue.) Any ideas on this? Again, un-install then reinstall of IE temp corrected this until I updated IE.

A:Solved: Laptop not connecting to internet-Help!!

Solved! Turns out that my Zone Alarm was not running so it was not able to prompt me to allow access for my AVG updater or IE. Once I re-enabled it, I was able to allow access and not IE works fine and AVG is updated! (strange thing is, the security center indicated that zone alarm firewall was turned on even though I did not see the Z in the running programs.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-not-connecting-to-internet-help.722628/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I've just bought a new Inspiron 9300 from DELL and am having issues connecting to the internet.

I've got Rogers Cable running to my desktop and works fine - when I unplug the desktop, plug the ethernet cable into the laptop (reseting the router & laptop) I can't access the net with a browser (Tried IE & Firefox), however I can ping rogers.com, my own IP etc. I have no firewall running and am using Windows XP Pro.

FYI - I've re-installed XP a couple of times to no avail.

Any suggestions? - Thanks

Relevancy 55.04%

hi, I am not sure this will work, this question or this idea may be stupid, but if there is any chance please help me.

My laptop is connected to internet using ethernet LAN, and it also has built-in wireless card. I have a HTC Diamond mobile, which has Windows mobile 6.1 OS on it. Is it possible to connect to internet (connecting it to the laptop via wi-fi) then via the ethernet LAN which has internet connection?

Guy, you are techies, please help me resolve it.

A:Connecting internet to HTC Diamond via Laptop?

If the HTC Diamond will handle Ad-Hoc configuration on it's WiFi, then you can probably accomplish it using ICS on the laptop.

Of course, since I don't know anything about the capabilities of that unit, you'll have to chase that down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-internet-to-htc-diamond-via-laptop.838124/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok this laptop of Connecting to Internet the (Laptop) problems mine apparently wasn t in good shape when they bought it used for But it you guys can help me fix this one tiny problem I can get xp activated and they will buy me a new laptop Connecting to the Internet problems (Laptop) This laptop had issues in the past which experts couldn t figure out yet I managed I HAD mins of internet access but I wasted it on configuring first time settings for the computer Now I m stuck with no xp activation and with days Help me to get it back on please There are TWO ways you guys can help me with this Feel free to try both I have a Wireless Cardbus adapter Netcore gc which I NEVER heard of in my life that I can plug into my slot on the side of my laptop which links to my Wireless D-Link router Once upon a time though it would get me access in a blink but now xp won t detect it and it won t turn on I had placed Ubuntu before going back to Xp which was MUCH better and I managed to find the driver for the card which Ubuntu automatically recognized and installed I tryed the same tactic with xp but I have no clue how to do so I m almost positive it has something to do with the driver but I might be wrong Getting another Wireless card is totally out of the question since I would only use it once My parents won t need the internet once I activate xp so it would be useless But it would solve the problem I have a network cable or whatever that blue cable is called and I managed to get the mins of internet out of it by just plugging it in directly in one of my free slots on my router All of a sudden the connection just dropped and after analysing the problem it said that a network cable was disconnected when it actually was on both ends connected I already tried using another network cable from a working connection which also was useless I also noticed that I had installed flash before the connection went out I haven t tried uninstalling it yet because I highly doubt that was the cause The above has nothing to do with firewalls I have none or anything else along those lines I am currently using Windows XP Pro with a possible multiboot with Ubuntu which I might ve missed during the partition I have a USB drive to transfer files to the laptop if needed If you need more specs I ll be here for a little while I just really need anyone s help thanks alot nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I can connect to the internet wireless but my daughter is unable to connect with her laptop. She is showing that she is connected but when she tries to click on the internet explorer it tells her that the Internet Explorere cannot display the webpage. I am not too computer sauvy and I know that the internet is working could you give me any instruction to get her back online? Thanks.

A:Internet working but second laptop not connecting

First we have to find out what's wrong. For an attempted connection please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-working-but-second-laptop-not-connecting.984858/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop Windows XP that has a wireless card built into it I also have an HP Desktop Windows Vista that I used to go online with plugging it directly into a Laptop Internet. Wireless to for Desktop Connecting modem I no longer have the modem however I am Connecting Desktop to Wireless Laptop for Internet. still able to go online with my laptop b c I pick up a good connection from my neighbor So basically I am wondering if there is any way I can plug my laptop into my desktop so the desktop picks up the connection I have already been looking into this for a couple days now I found threads that were kind of helpful Based on the threads I have tried pluging an ethernet cat e patch cable is this the same as a crossover into both of the computers I have messed around with network connections and changed the ip addresses all around After hours and hours of doing this my ending result was this The Desktop s Local Area Connection said I was connected However when I tried going online I kept getting quot page could not be displayed quot So I m not sure if what I m trying to do here is even possible or completely rediculous Somebody please please help me I am not computer illiterate I would say I m Intermediate if that helps with answering me And I already know my problem could be easily solved if I just go out and buy a wireless card to put in the computer but let s just say there is a reason why I no longer have my modem anymore Now a days every dime I have is going directly into the mouths of my and year old I have nothing extra I need the desktop for work the laptop just doesn t cut it Any idea how to do this I will greatly appreciate it Thank you thank you thank you in advance nbsp

A:Connecting Desktop to Wireless Laptop for Internet.

Site Rules - http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
WiFi Piggybacking / Wardriving - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-desktop-to-wireless-laptop-for-internet.848195/
Relevancy 54.61%

I just got my very first laptop and have been searching for simple instructions on connecting it to my current home Internet connection (Comcast cable). I already have a router, but it is not wireless as it came from Vonage (Linksys RT31P2). The laptop is Toshiba A105-S2071 with Wireless 802.11g/b.

Buying a long Ethernet cable seems cumbersome but simple. Would getting a wireless router automatically provide wireless access to the laptop without changing the PC connection (and with no fees from my ISP)?

Both computers have Windows XP. Once I get connected, what utility should I use to configure this little network and protect it? I'll need to transfer files from the laptop to the PC periodically.
Thanks.

Relevancy 54.61%

Well i broke the inverter on my laptop, so i decided i would detach the screen and just play from a working extra monitor i had around. After i had removed the screen, i started to get that "Limited or no Connectivity" message. I did ipconfig/renew, release, all that crap. Well now i can connect, but i get 5mbps....

Is it possible i screwed up some hardware when i detached the screen?

Its a Dell Vostro 1000
I'm on a wireless network obviously, the router is like 10 feet away from me..

please help

A:Not Connecting to Internet after removing laptop screen

Did you physically remove the entire LCD screen, or just disconnect it? Sometimes the wireless antenna is part of the internal LCD frame. You could have broken or damaged the wireless antenna

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-connecting-to-internet-after-removing-laptop-screen.125042/
Relevancy 54.61%

It happened yesterday i was in the dining room and moved laptop to living room and then internet stopped working The wireless internet light on my laptop wasn't coming on and when i turned on the wireless internet capability via the laptop it still didn't work usually it solves it Then it worked for a few minutes throughout the day I am currently connected straight to the modem with no problem I think it may be my router Also when i try to connect to internet via my cellphone using the wifi in the house the phone states no gateway reply I've sparringly lately laptop wireless connecting to internet had my router for years its a linksys wrt g Is it time to get a new one or is there a driver i can download to fix this I called linksys but since im over my warranty they want to charge me to fix the problem Thanks for any help Currently using Windows Vista on a Toshiba Satellite

A:laptop connecting to wireless internet sparringly lately

The first thing I would do is to unplug the router and the modem for a few minutes and then reconnect the devices and try to reconnect. The other thing you may want to check is to see how far your wifi can cover the distance from your computer to where your router is. Your router may not work that far. In this case you would need to buy a router that will cover the distance. If this still doesn't work you could always reinstall the software for your router onto your computer and if this still doesn't work you could always buy a new one because they are pretty cheap. The tech support will cost you what a new router costs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275353/laptop-connecting-to-wireless-internet-sparringly-lately/
Relevancy 54.61%

I've spent a few hours trying to connect my laptop to my roadrunner cable through a netgear wireless usb adapter. The desktop is working fine that is directly connected to the modem and router. I spent half an hour on the phone with tech support from netgear and everything they went through with me did not work. They said to contact the laptop support. The netgear adapter software wizard keeps scanning so that when it is on channel 11 it gets a signal for a few moments, then continues to scan through other channels and lose the signal for a minute or two. Any ideas? PLEASE!!!

Relevancy 54.61%

I have just bought a new laptop today and set it up, but it will not connect to my internet. I found another internet access point called 'lindasnet' without a password and connected via there so that I could look for help. I am with pipex, and when I insert the CD for installation, it just says that there is a problem and it cannot connect. I have also tried connecting via the internet connecting icon in the bottom right hand corner of the computer (the one with the two computers and the globe/red cross). I am on Windows Vista, and Compaq. Please could you help as I cannot stay connected on this lindasnet as it is not mine, and I want to be able to use my laptop properly!! Thanks, Charlie.

A:There is a problem connecting to my internet via wireless on the laptop

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/there-is-a-problem-connecting-to-my-internet-via-wireless-on-the-laptop.764637/