Windows Support Forum

Memory compatibility listings for motherboards? What are their purpose?

Q: Memory compatibility listings for motherboards? What are their purpose?

Hi there I was purpose? What listings motherboards? are for compatibility their Memory wondering if someone could clarify why motherboard manufacturers put out memory compatibility listings Im in a discussion with a work collegue who seems to think that these lists are non-exhaustive and they do not also display incompatible ram Ive explained to him that i believe these listings are designed to show a list of all ram that is tested by the MB manufacturer and is known and therefore guaranteed to be compatible with the board in general He disagrees Memory compatibility listings for motherboards? What are their purpose? and suggests otherwise - he thinks that memory of similar specification timings and voltage to those listed on the compatibility are guaranteed to work as they Memory compatibility listings for motherboards? What are their purpose? share the same characteristics - he suggests those lists serve no purpose when trying to match memory types and motherboards for compatibility and therefore cannot be relied upon in a situation where ram may not be compatible with the board in question If anyone can clarify exactly why motherboard manufacturers provide these lists - Memory compatibility listings for motherboards? What are their purpose? that would be great nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Memory compatibility listings for motherboards? What are their purpose?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Memory compatibility listings for motherboards? What are their purpose?

But you don't want to assume the various modules would work together, or at the same time. Those listings of compatibility may show they work in the same system, but may or may not show memory that works together..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-compatibility-listings-for-motherboards-what-are-their-purpose.177012/
Relevancy 65.36%

Two Questions - I am currently looking into build a few new computers and I am curious RAM compatibility & Motherboards with HD about RAM specifications Looking at TigerDirect many different motherboards are specified with a quot quot rating for RAM At the same time others say quot quot or something RAM & HD compatibility with Motherboards similiar Using logic if some said while other s specified you would think that the one that specifies quot quot would ONLY be capable with MHz RAM PC What I would like to know is if I purchase a motherboard specified as will I be able to use a slower DIMM of RAM or will I have to be sure to buy PC RAM - The same type of question as above but this time dealing with hard drives If a motherboard specifies quot ATA- quot will an quot ATA- quot drive be compatible drives seem to be harder to find and I d rather just go with an ATA- hard drive So again will the motherboard be capable RAM & HD compatibility with Motherboards of stepping down to something slower or will I have to buy some other PCI device to RAM & HD compatibility with Motherboards make it work If someone could point me in the right direction that would be very appreciated -Wes nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

CPU's vary depending on what type of Manufacturing Process is eg: 90nm, 65nm.

In general, does a motherboard support multiple types?

I have a MSI K9NGM-L, with AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (90nm), do you think a 65nm would be supported by the mobo?
cheers

A:Motherboards and CPU compatibility (Re: Manufacturing Process)

Supported CPUs here: http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?...od_no=256&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=&cat3_no=#menu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards-and-cpu-compatibility-re-manufacturing-process.677010/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I have been reading a few C tutorials and I have a question about dynamic memory Itsays that dynamic memory can be used where we want to allocate a runtime-decided amount of memory However let s suppose that I want to allocate an array whose size if defined during runtime this can be easily done without the use of quot new quot Code include lt iostream gt using namespace std int main cout lt lt quot Give the array index number quot lt lt endl int x cin gt gt x int array x for int Purpose dynamic Solved: of memory i i lt x- i array i i cout lt lt quot Size of array quot lt lt endl lt lt sizeof array cin get cin get for int i i lt x- i cout lt lt array i lt lt quot t quot cin get This Solved: Purpose of dynamic memory works perfectly on my compiler Bloodshed dev Solved: Purpose of dynamic memory c and the array s size if defined during runtime So is it just my compiler that this will work on or where am I wrong nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I'm currently shopping for a new mobo... i know 32 bit Windows XP is limited to 4 GB of memory, but will getting a 8 GB mobo and filling it with 8 GB of memory give me any kind of performance boost over 4 GB whatsoever?

if not, will installing 64 bit Windows XP and filling up to 8 GB give me SIGNIFICANTLY better performance over 4 GB 32 bit XP?

Relevancy 57.62%

I was looking at a motherboard for an AMD and found this as the listed description memory... motherboards and of the mobo ECS -A SKT- DDR XAGP SIS SATA A L USB ATX What does all that crap mean Some of it is obvious like DDR USB and ATX but what is SIS ECS -A SKT- SATA A L motherboards and memory... I know SATA means i can use a serial ATA hard disk right can i use ANY SATA hard disk Can i still use my old EIDE CD-ROM drives and or hard drives And also i have been lookin at some pc memory I have seen a cheap module of mb pc ddr for but then theres like this quot corsiar XMS quot crap thats like close to for mb pc What is the difference Its the same size mb and same speed pc so why would i want to motherboards and memory... pay that much more Is it like overclockable or something Will all pc memory work in all pc motherboards Thanx nbsp

A:motherboards and memory...

ECS 755-A Motherboard model
SKT-754 AMD64 bit compatible
SIS755/964 Chipset

You can use your old ATA HDD, but you won't see the full benefits of data transfer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards-and-memory.233086/
Relevancy 56.33%

I m gathering components for Other - & Devices PSU Motherboards, compatability Memory, my first PC build And guess what I have a few questions The rig will be a dedicated gaming rig primarily racing games might get into flight sims Looking for reliable gt fps at or just below p single quot - quot display Will keep my current PC for non-gaming duties budget limit less the display and peripherals Will get into Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability OC but conservatively and not right away Don t expect to go SLI but might eventually Components bought or en route Corsair Carbide R mid tower ATX Win -bit Home Premium SP OEM disc Core i - K Mobo Asus Z -A LGA HDD TB WD Blue And looking at Gigabyte GTX GB prettly much decided - bang for Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability the buck and sufficient Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability for purpose price going down and rebate this month Memory GB x GB DDR SSD GB Crucial m SATA Gb s I like the price doesn t have to be the best looks like immediately installing latest drivers should take care of reviewers complaints ODD Lite-On iHAS - PSU Corsair Enthusiast Series TX M W modular subject to further research but I like this From the Asus web site I ve downloaded the Memory Qualified Vendors List QVL and the Devices QVL Too much information and not enough The memory list is extensive the devices list is not My central question is how important is it that I select memory from the Memory QVL and likewise the PSU from the Devices QVL Just looking at the devices list it is clear that not being on the list does not mean a particular part won t play nicely with the Z -A The Corsair PSU selection is very limited What should I focus on other than price Thanks for your help Frank nbsp

A:Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability

I presume then, that although it may be somewhat important to be guided by the Memory QVL (simply because it seems so comprehensive), the Devices QVL can be ignored. Will proceed accordingly.

Frank

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboards-memory-psu-other-devices-compatability.196130/
Relevancy 53.75%

Good morning, Is  PNY 4gb DIMMs (PNY DDR3, 1600MHz(PC3-12800),  CAS Latency 11, 1.5V a suitable  upgrade for a HP Z400 Gen 2 (six DIMM slots)?  Thanks in advance. Regards, John - Screen name Wareham 

A:Compatibility of Memory PNY 4gb DIMMS as a Z400 Memory Upg...

It calls for 4 GB (1x4 GB) DDR3-1333 ECC Unbuffered RAAs your aware, the config file states 1,2,3,5 for 16GB,During all these RAM swaps, you did unplug the power cord, right ???

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Compatibility-of-Memory-PNY-4gb-DIMMS-as-a-Z400-Memory/td-p/5823455
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a SOYO MOBO (SY-K7VIA) 950mhz Athlon SlotA, Win98 SE. The system will not boot if I use more than the first DIMM slot. I can use and run on any of the following: PC-100 or PC-133 256mb, 128mb & 64mb but only using a single chip installed in DIMM1. All of my memory test good and works on the other 2 PCs I have. However, all my memory is Viking brand. Is there a known compatibility issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatibility.47383/
Relevancy 49.88%

has anyone installed PC-2 6400 800Mhz ram in an Intel D946GZIS mobo without any probs?
or does anyone know if i can use PC2-6400?

A:memory compatibility

Here's what Crucial says is compatible with your board.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=D946GZIS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatibility.651242/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys!

I want to add memory for my PC. Here's what I have now:

OCZ - PC Vista Performance Gold Dual Channel 2 x 2 GB DDR2-800 PC2-6400 CL5

But I can't get that anymore, so I wanted to know if one of these is compatible:

Dimm 2GB DDR2 Transcend PC2-6400 (800)

or

Dimm 2GB DDR2 GSkill NT PC2-6400 (800) - http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=63

I thank you in advance for helping a noob guys, cheers!

A:Memory Compatibility

They both should work, but there is no guarantee when you mix RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatibility.1065448/
Relevancy 49.88%

Is kingston KHX9600D2K2/1G 1200MHz hyper 5-5-5-15
compatible with gigabyte GA-X38-DS4?
I will install 4dimms 4x1GB=4GB
Thanks

You can check the Gigabyte site for the approved memory list. Here's the link. http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/...ga-x38-ds4.pdf

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/134522-memory-compatibility.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have two DIMMS of Corsair Vengeance 4GB RAM (2 x 2GB) at 1600MHz, although whenever I try to turn it up to this speed Windows BSODs during boot so I left it at 1333MHz, however I would like to add a DIMM of KomputerBay 8GB 1600MHz to my system but I'm sure the timings are different; the Corsair has timings of 9-9-9-24, and the KomputerBay RAM has timings of 10-10-10-27. Will these run together in the same system? I have an Asus Z97 Pro Motherboard. Thanks in advance

I highly recommend NOT running unmatched ram.

Your system should be able to run this at the 1600 speed.

Quote:
orsair Vengeance 4GB RAM (2 x 2GB) at 1600MHz

What are you looking at that makes you think it isn't running at that speed?

You can use this program to monitor your ram.

CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

I have 2400 ram running at 2332. 1166 X 2

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/357453-memory-compatibility.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a mobo which uses PC100 Dimms. Currently I have 64meg installed. Ive been offered a new 128meg PC133 chip (new). Can I install an additional PC133 Dimm or will this cause problems?

Relevancy 49.88%

Will someone shed some light on the 66/100/133 mhz chips and limitations regarding upgrades? I have a Thinkpad 600 running 66 mhz and want to upgrade to the maximum. Which chips can I use/cannot use? Explain...

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello there

I have a PC with one 128 MB SDRAM PC100 DIMM ECC with 168pins. Now I want to add another 128 MB but it's hard to find the same memory, because mine is about two years old.

Could I also take memory that is 133 clocked? And what happens to the ECC (error correction?), when I add memory without ECC? Will it be deactivated? Will the system crash? Is the ECC important (maybe (?) my memory has errors all the time, but the ECC corrects it everytime or is the ECC not used anyway?)?

I'm very unsecure about this upgrade and I don't know what to do? Do you have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Stephan

A:Memory compatibility

You are right to feel insecure as Memory upgrades can be a minefield for the unwary.

It wouldn't be a good idea to mix PC100 and PC133 memory in the same system. Even if the system will boot (which it might not) its likely to be unstable and will only run at the speed of the slowest RAM anyway.

If your existing RAM has ECC then putting in non-ECC RAM to another slot will almost certainly stop the system from starting up.

I would spend more time looking for a proper match for the RAM that you have now. Try out crucial.com's site. It has matrices for the various PC manufacturers systems and the types of RAM installed in them so that you can identify exactly what is in your system, and their prices are always very good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatibility.73227/
Relevancy 49.88%

Here is a partial printout of one of Memory compatibility my PC s hardware from Everest BIOS BIOS Properties Vendor Phoenix Technologies Ltd Version HZ US Release Date Size KB Boot Devices Floppy Disk Hard Disk CD-ROM ATAPI ZIP Capabilities Flash BIOS Shadow BIOS Supported Standards DMI APM ACPI ESCD PnP Expansion Capabilities ISA PCI AGP System System Properties Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Product HP Vectra Version VLi Serial Number US Wake-Up Type Power Switch Motherboard Motherboard Properties Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Product HP Holmes System Board Version D - Serial Number US Chassis Chassis Properties Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Version N A Serial Number N A Asset Tag N A Chassis Type Pizza Box Chassis Lock Memory compatibility Present Memory Controller Memory Controller Properties Error Detection Method None Supported Memory Interleave -Way Current Memory Interleave -Way Supported Memory Types DIMM SDRAM Supported Memory Voltages V Maximum Memory Module Size MB Memory Slots Processors Pentium R III The question I have for you is this stick of memory compatible with my machine KVR X C Kingston KVR X C MB PC DIMM CL Memory Upgrade Product Specifications Kingston KVR X C MB PC DIMM CL Memory Upgrade Detailed Specifications Standard M X Non-ECC MHz -pin Unbuffered DIMM Memory compatibility SDRAM V CL Gold nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

My PC runs DDR400 memory.

Will I be able to drop a DDR333 in there too or will it throw a wobbly?

Thanks

A:DDR Memory Compatibility

technically yes, but it would not use the full advantage, and it may hurt the ram, spend the extra buck and get 400mhz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr-memory-compatibility.379060/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I have a Linux machine running on a PIII running about 600MHz on a QDI Advance 9 MOBO. I had a stick of 64MB RAM, and a stick of 128MB RAM that worked OK. I recently got a stick of 256MB RAM to boost things a little, and now the 128 stick seems not to work. I have tried all the slot configurations, and no joy in seeing the 128MB. (If I take the 128MB stick out, it makes no difference.) They are all PC100, though not the same brand.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Ben.

Hi there, Have you checked on your mb spec, some boards only accept memory in certain configerations, ie size of the module in individual banks. Also a memory supply company here in the uk will tell you what memory is suitable for your make of board,it might be of help to you.

crucial.com/uk/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatibility.269071/
Relevancy 49.88%

First off I have not started a build yet but plan to soon Compatibility? Memory So I know my hardware but some of the more technical aspects allude me With that said I have asked many people and still can t find the answer I m looking for I have an hp a e which doesn t come up in most lists for compatibility test etc The mobo is a A M N-LA Nodus The specs can be found here I would like to upgrade my memory because I have Vista trying my Memory Compatibility? hardest to find a copy of XP and I only have a gig x and a hardware analysis prog I have if it s correct says that what I have is only mhz If I use a compatibility test of a model that has the same mobo they only have come up with ram that is mhz or so The above hp site states that quot Supports PC MHz PC MHz and PC MHz DDR DIMMs quot So would that mean that all ddr mhz ram work What are all the things that would make a module compatible or not I was planning on getting something like the g skill g x g mhz kit newegg Would this work at all If it isn t compatible will it not work at all or will it just underclock itself to the mobo s standards or could the hardware be physically harmed Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Memory Compatibility?

Kingston know what sort of RAM your computer takes: http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/con...ilion+a1750e+CTO&distributor=0&submit1=Search

I would suggest getting a matched pair of 1GB DDR2-667 sticks, doesn't have to be Kingston, as long as they're identical. DDR2-800 will probably work too. That will take your RAM up to 3GB. The g.skill kit you mention should work fine, "DDR2-800" just means that it's rated at up to 800, it will run fine at 667, 533 or 400 too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatibility.698473/
Relevancy 49.88%

From my motherboard's memory compatibility list, it looks like it only likes certain kinds of memory, very few of which are at Newegg with good reviews. I've heard that memory using the Samsung chips are good, and it looks like it's compatible with the Samsung K4H560838D-TCCC, but how do I know if the memory is using that chip or not? I've got this Kingston memory in my cart right now, but I'm not really sure if it's compatible or not.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I ve just purchased another mb Memory compatibility to add to the other I ve had the clocked for some time about effective mhz along with the Prescott processor Adding the new mb seems to have cut it back to mhz both lots being generic DDR x mb I ve tried every combination and bus setting to get the sticks to at least give me a clock speed of real mhz even removing all overclock settings st bank x DDR SDRAM quot Nanya quot mem with quot Elixir quot chips nd bank x DDR SDRAM quot PQI quot mem with quot PML quot chips Both are described as quot Major quot memory I know this is not top quality memory I can get both sets running mhz no problem on there own ie x mb but as soon as I mix all it cutts back to max effective mhz overclocked I ve noticed that the only difference is the timmings the Nanya only supports mhz but supports mhz The PQI supports ony mhz I ve tried setting the timings in Bios to get over this but as they don t match it just uses the minimum mhz and obviously this is the problem I think I m pretty much stuffed to be honest but thought someone might know a workaround also would I get better performance from the total GIG mhz or settle for the mb mhz Does that sound clear Anybody nbsp

A:Memory compatibility

*Bump* Any ideas? can someone just confirm that I'm probably right as to the problem? before I rip out all memory and purchase something else.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatibility.393817/
Relevancy 49.88%

Yello,
I'm looking into getting another stick of RAM for my laptop. (Toshiba Satellite Pro M15-S405.) It came with a 512 stick of DDR266 (PC2100) installed in it already. Toshiba's knowledge base is proving to be useless, so I'm approaching you guys for this one: Can I install a DDR333 (PC2700) module in this thing, or can I only use 266?

I understand that even if I did buy the faster 333 and it did work, my PC would not be able to utilize the extra speed. I'm mainly researching this because when this machine eventually goes, I'd like to be able to migrate this extra RAM to my new one.

Relevancy 49.88%

How do I know what memory I have and what to buy that would be compatible? I want to add another 256.

Go to www.crucial.com and enter your system info in their search engine. It will tell you what you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatibility.258460/
Relevancy 49.45%

A few years back I purchased - GB Kingston Value Ram sticks Kingston ValueRAM GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR D N K G I used it on an Intel X board that warranty, compatibility... Memory was glitchy finall gave up and swapped it on to an MSI X- board with a Q processor Memory warranty, compatibility... that was glitchy so I scrapped the Memory warranty, compatibility... whole thing and did an I- build Decided to revisit the Q and the Kingston Ram and do a Home Theater build using an Intel DG RK The quot tested ram quot spec for that board calls for volt non ECC ram However when I go Memory warranty, compatibility... on the Kingston website and plug in that motherboard it specifies the ram If I plug in the - GB sticks of that I use in the I- build everything works fine But when I plug in the ram of the GB sticks are accepted by the motherboard and two are rejected with the -beep code When I was running this ram on the previous motherboards they were always glitchy beep codes at startup lock-ups I must have run Memtest times and always showed no errors Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look for the problem Ram always says quot limited lifetime warranty quot but when I have run Memtest in the past it shows no problems Does anyone have any suggestions about warranty replacement I think that will be a waste of time nbsp

A:Memory warranty, compatibility...

Compare the votages and timings in BIOS against the designed specs of the RAM. Do they match?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-warranty-compatibility.158473/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I have just purchased a DELL XPS M1730 laptop. It comes with 2 GB of DDR2 (667 Mhz) SDRAM. The machine's FSB is 800 Mhz.

Can I upgrade its memory with OCZ's 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 (800 Mhz)?

I don't know anything about memory and DELL's site gives no info whatsoever.

Relevancy 49.45%

I have an Asus P5KPL-VM Motherboard and I would like to know if this motherboard will support DDR2 1066 ram or anyting over DDR2 800. The owner's manual say it will only support DDR2 800, but I have heard people say otherwise. I just need to confirm this.

Relevancy 49.45%

I ve memory compatibility Is FLEXIBLE? been wondering Is memory compatibility FLEXIBLE? about this for a long time but now that I m considering an upgrade I thought it would be a good time to Is memory compatibility FLEXIBLE? ask The memory my Thinkpad requires is PC MHZ DDR SODIMM -pin unbuffered I know the number of pins SODIMM DDR and buffering are non-negotiable But what about the other characteristics On an older computer I had it would take PC or PC and it worked with a higher MHZ stick than the original Now I saw advertised a PNY stick that said it was quot compatible with PC MHZ bus speed quot and quot PC MHZ bus speed quot It says that both on the package and on the PNY website I take this to mean that this stick will work in my Thinkpad Is this true or am I missing something Which then leads me to these questions Can I use any mfr s PC MHZ SODIMM DDR unbuffered memory or is PNY s special Apparently PC is more readily available than PC If I do install a PC stick what s the worst that could happen aside from it not working Could it damage my computer Any insight from the experts would be most appreciated Thanks to all nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I recently decided to upgrade the amount of ram in my system and have ran into a few problems I orig had stick of corsair mb memory and added x sticks of ocz mb ddr memory Upon adding them with all in I was getting random pc reboots and gamed crasing WoW and Cs s So i took out the old stick and moved the new sticks to the - slot instead of the - slot It worked fine for a few then they reboots and crashes started again The reboots werent that many but Compatibility? problem? Memory game crashed were So I took out the new memory and everything works fine again Current system amd athlon asus a n x-x mobo nvidia gt gfx card The new memory that was being put in says its Memory problem? Compatibility? a dual channel kit Found out the motherboard doesnt support Memory problem? Compatibility? dual channel Can that be causing the problem I dont know if Memory problem? Compatibility? I have bad memory or its the memory itself that the pc doesnt like or Ive even heard that I should just replace the board I cant figure out what to do here Any help Thanks nbsp

A:Memory problem? Compatibility?

Try different slot combinations. On an older Asus I had, I needed to use slots 1 and 3 if I put in 2 sticks.
Also check if your mobo has problems using/mixing single-sided/double-sided memory sticks (on the Asus website or Google)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-problem-compatibility.40280/
Relevancy 49.45%

I was going to buy a stick of this ADATA 8GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3L 1600 (PC3L 12800) Laptop Memory Model ADDS1600W8G11-S - Newegg.com to install in the extra slot of this Laptop MSI GP Series GP70 Leopard-010 Gaming Laptop Intel Core i5 4200M (2.50GHz) 8GB Memory 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M 2GB 17.3" Windows 8.1 64-bit - Newegg.com which is rated to handle 16gb. The only difference about the actual Laptop we purchased is ours has the i5 4210H processor the memory in the laptop now, has the exact same specs and is also Adata looks the same. Thanks!

A:Laptop memory compatibility

This is a good tool. Don't have to go with Crucial but they do make good RAM at a good price. The tool will at least show what is compatible.

systemscanner | United States (USD)

Also Advisor here: memory | United States (USD)

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/64693-laptop-memory-compatibility.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all,

I currently have this motherboard: http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=59095&promoid=1244

I'm running this RAM in it (4GB): http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=42745&promoid=1244

Would it support an extra 8GB? http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=57953&vpn=F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL&manufacture=G.Skill&promoid=1034

Thanks

A:Memory Compatibility Question

The motherboard specs list 4 slots and total memory capacity as 32GB, so yes.

Motherboard specs: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-G43--B3-.html#/?div=Detail

The real question, do you need 12GB of RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatibility-question.1065225/
Relevancy 49.45%

I just upgraded my Dell E310 memory with a 1GB memory board, which I purchased via Ebay. When I learned it could take up to 2 GB I ordered another one, but the second one didin't look anything like the first one and my computer began to sho signs of glictches and slow down at times...each board was made from a different manufacturer...

Dell suggests using only un-buffered memory boards with the same memory output.

Q. Do the new boards have to be the same configuration (Components look the same)?
Q. What is an un-buffered memory board?
Q. Does buffered or un-buffered really matter?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade-compatibility.1052569/
Relevancy 49.45%

My new motherboard (Asus M4A89GTD PRO) says it supports DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1333/1066 MHz memory. Although it is not listed, could I use 1600 MHz because its inbetween 1333 and 2000, or can I use only the speeds listed?

A:Memory-> Mobo Compatibility

YES, it is fine on that Mobo. And your assumption is correct... the mobo also supports 1800 & 1866MHz!

According to the ASUS Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)
Here: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/126950-memory-mobo-compatibility.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm building a desktop PC from a box of bits , collected over the years of playing trivial pursuit with Bill Gates, but have forgotten most of the rules!
I have an old Gigabyte m/b GA P41T-D3p which specifies DDR3 at1333 Mz. However, all I have in the Memory bin is a pair of Corsair Vengance 4Gb DIMM cards at 2333Mz.
I know its overkill, but will it work without frying something.
I have a450W power supply but I think I need to up that t0 600+

Relevancy 49.45%

very new to digital--own a fuji for which i needed a larger card so i wouldn't have to download all the time. found card on sale at costco--purchased the proper xd, type m card. however, it was an "olympus" brand---and i own a fuji. when i contacted fuji, they stated that i did need the xd-and type m was fine---but they couldn't guarantee compatibility because it is an olympus card rather than a fuji. are they just blowing fuji smoke, or is that true. i figured as long as it was an "xd"--it was okay. ???

Relevancy 49.45%

Im a new builder and this is my first time building my own RIG.

I have a:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD Motherboard

and Im planning to get a:
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS - Retail
Model #: F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS

Is it gon be compatible? I have read some of the feddbacks from newegg who bought same motherboard and memory and they said the motherboard is having a problem detecting the memory. Is this something that i have to believe on or its just probobly their mistake.

Anyone know tha fact please help! Thanks in Advance.

A:MOtherboard/Memory Compatibility

Why not just go to the Asus site, look up your mobo and download the list of 'APPROVED' memory and then buy the one of those you like the best?

And yes, some memory (almost ALWAYS not approved) won't work right or won't work at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-memory-compatibility.77751/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I am trying to upgrade my system while getting rid of a failing motherboard I recently bought a Compatibility MotherBoard and Memory stick of mb PC ECC DIMM CL KINGSTON RAM I also have mb PC and PC sticks of ECC DIMM CL Ram in my old motherboard of the Ram slots have failed I believe cause when you put a stick of memory in them the pc wont boot up they used to work before with the same memory but do not now my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA- XE kingston says it only makes mb sticks for the board so im assuming that it can only support Memory and MotherBoard Compatibility mb sticks but I read the mobo s faq sheet and it says nothing of this it only says it supports mb of ram total so I guess it wont use a and a stick together to make mb just x basicly I have questions Memory and MotherBoard Compatibility First CAN New BIOS and Mobo drivers make my mobo support the mb stick I have SECOND question CAN you use CL and CL Memory in the same PC as long as it supports Memory and MotherBoard Compatibility both memory sizes By the way the motherboard I will be upgrading too is a MSI K T Turbo MS- v this is what memory it says it supports Main Memory Three -pin unbuffered DIMM using six memory banks Maximum memory size of GB M x THANX FOR ANY HELP Supports v SDRAM DIMM nbsp

A:Memory and MotherBoard Compatibility

It will work with either cl2 or cl3, the cl3 is just a bit slower so it would be the limiting memory speed.

Problem is the MSI board does not support ECC parity memory so I don't believe it will work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-and-motherboard-compatibility.112856/
Relevancy 49.45%

I ordered a pair of 1 GB PC3200 DDR400 sticks and they sent me a pair that say
MDD400 128X64. These are not compatible with either of my 2 machines running Win7 64.

What's the difference?

A:Memory compatibility problems

I've not seen it before, but MDDR is mobile DDR.128X16 implies that it's a high density format as well.

I doubt that it's compatible with most desktop PCs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/161798-memory-compatibility-problems.html
Relevancy 49.45%

What kind of Rambus Memory Sticks are there and are they all compatible to the same type of slot?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rambus-memory-compatibility.557180/
Relevancy 49.45%

I just recently built a new computer installed GB ram two GB strips Crucial Ballistix GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model BLT G D DT TX Newegg also sent me two memory strips Crucial Ballistix Sport GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Low Profile Desktop Memory Model BLS question Memory compatibility K G D ES LX I do have four memory slots so I can install these as it seems these two Memory compatibility question GB strips are compatible but the reviews on this memory isn't the greatest This would give me GB instead of GB but my question is would these GB strips help or hurt my performance My System Processor Intel Core i - K Memory compatibility question Haswell GHz LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I K Mobo MSI Z MPOWER LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Memory compatibility question Gb s USB ATX Extreme OC Flagship High Performance Triple CFX SLI Platform Intel Motherboard Power Supply CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU- TX W ATX V v SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Compatible with New th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready Memory GB Crucial Ballistix GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model BLT G D DT TX Case Rosewill THOR V Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case SSD SAMSUNG Series MZ- PC N AM quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Hard Drive Western Digital Black WD FAEX TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive DVD drive LITE-ON X DVD Writer Internal X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM SATA Model ihas - Monitors ASUS quot ASUS quot Operating System Windows Home Premium

A:Memory compatibility question

So what exactly is your question.

Will the memory work together ?

Yes it will.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297169-memory-compatibility-question.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am planning to build a PC with exsiting parts I ahve on hand. However, I saw a great sale for a pair of 2 GB DDR2 800 MHz RAMs (4 GB total). My montheboard is designated for 533 MHz. I was told that my exsiting 677 MHz DDR2 RAMS would work with this Motherboard but it iwll clock down. Will the 800 MHz RAMS also work with this board? The Processor is of 1066 MHz. Thanks.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all This is my first post here Memory compatibility A11 Tecra - so Tecra A11 Memory compatibility greetings to all This problem is about memory compatibility with several Tecra A laptops I have two - a A - F and a A - F Both computers run well with a pair Tecra A11 Memory compatibility of Kingston x gb gb ram sticks Recently I have bought two separate pairs of x gb sticks - neither works - both reboot after seconds and they don't get more than seconds into memtest before rebooting The first pair - which I had bought but now returned - were Samsung x gb I don't have the model number because they are now sent back I thought they were too fast or incompatible So I bought a pair of Kingston KTD-L BS G - hoping they would run because my other Kingston sticks work even though the Toshiba specs say Again they did the crashing and rebooting after seconds What are the varibles here I can't get these specs from Toshiba and various ram sites like MrMemory or Crucial recommend different things v or v C or C R or R what kinds of chip layouts on the sticks I thought it might be bios - maybe they can't recognise gb - but I have having trouble with the Windows-based bios updater and it didn't work I am a bit perturbed now because I have now bought separate memory pairs and I really thought the Kingstons would work Any suggestions would be appreciated Please don't simply recommend that I buy memory of a Toshiba part number because I'm sure a major-brand ram will work Thanks H

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94797-Tecra-A11-Memory-compatibility
Relevancy 49.45%

My MoBo is a ASROCK K7VT6 (VIA KT600 chipset).
Will this memory module work with it (via the ebay link) ? I've been offered it cheap & I don't want to buy it if it's no good (obviously )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6877460099&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:UK:1

All thanks in advance.

A:DDR Memory Compatibility Query

Yes. That memory will work perfectly fine with your motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr-memory-compatibility-query.500765/
Relevancy 49.45%

A friend gave me his old PC sans memory. I downloaded the user manual for the mobo. It's an Abit LG-95Z. In it, it states that you can use DDR2 or DDR, as long as you don't mix them. It has two 240 pin slots. This is a bit confusing as I thought that DDR had a different pin count (184). There are no separate slots for DDR on it. In my research, I found that some manufacturers put both types on one mobo, but this doesn't appear to be the case. My hunch is, the manual just plain wrong. Anybody have any insight?

Relevancy 48.59%

I have 2 sticks of 128MB RIMM, PC800, 400MHz, ECC, RDRAM Memory and want to add 2 sticks of 256MB RIMM, PC800, 800MHz, ECC, RDRAM along with it.

Will this work together as 768MB? Will the 400MHz sticks make the 800MHz sticks run at 400MHz?

A:Memory Compatibility - 400MHz To 800MHz

Those sticks of RAM are actually the same speed, PC800 RDRAM runs at 400MHz DDR which is equivalent to 800MHz.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatibility-400mhz-to-800mhz.325346/
Relevancy 48.59%

I can't seem to find the list of memory brand/type that is qualify for this motherboard. I check Asus.com and could not find the list. Please help.

A:Memory Compatibility list for Asus A8N-SLI

I would say PC 3200, but I will find a link.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-compatibility-list-for-asus-a8n-sli.52200/
Relevancy 48.59%

Does the ASUS M5A88-V EVO motherboard memory platform (4DIMMS, 16gb total) support 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) modules? In other words... Will this board support the 8gb modules?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I recently upgraded my computer and brought some new DDR3 memory for my motherboard (Asus m5a78L).

Man code for the RAM: CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 (2 x 4GB 1333 corsair ram)

The problem is that I miss read the compatibility list and this memory is not on the motherboard memory support. My PC has been crashing randomly whereby the screen would freeze and the speakers would emit a loud buzzing noise. Is there any way of getting around this problem ? Or will I simply need to get a different memory set?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

A:Motherboard and memory compatibility problem

A bios update my further the compatibility list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/198876-motherboard-memory-compatibility-problem.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello everyone

I would like to ask if anybody here can tell me if my Kingston DDR2-667 SDRAM memory chips are compatible with Windows 7. I've searched for a Kingston support forum but couldn't find any.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:My Kingston memory and Windows 7 compatibility

Quote: Originally Posted by rfe777

Hello everyone

I would like to ask if anybody here can tell me if my Kingston DDR2-667 SDRAM memory chips are compatible with Windows 7. I've searched for a Kingston support forum but couldn't find any.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Memory compatibility is more so a motherboard thing then an OS thing. You do not need to worry about it at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/95805-my-kingston-memory-windows-7-compatibility.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My cousin wants to buy new Dekstop computer.

Help for 100% compatible and quality for gaming...

No CPU overclock.

CPU = i5 3550
http://ark.intel.com/products/65516/...to-3_70-GHz%29

Memory= Gskill Ripjaws X 8GB 4gbx2 DDR3 1600 CL9
G.SKILL-Products

Power Supply = Corsair 600w CX600 V2 Builder Series 80Plus Certified
http://www.corsair.com/power-supply-...er-supply.html

Videocard = MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC
http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R7850...r-2GD5-OC.html

The only problem he cannot decide if Asus or MSI for Motherboard.

If you were to choose?...

Motherboard

Asus B75 M LE
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...specifications

MSI B75 MA-P45
MSI Global ? Mainboard - B75MA-P45

MSI B75 A -G43
MSI Global ? Mainboard - B75A-G43

MSI H77MA - G43
MSI Global ? Mainboard - H77MA-G43

Is this all compatible?

A:CPU + Motherboard + Videocard + Memory Compatibility

They should be compatible with each other. I would go Asus for the motherboard, or my personal fav of Gigabyte. I only buy from three brands of motherboard overall....Asus, Gigabyte, and Intel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232210-cpu-motherboard-videocard-memory-compatibility.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I plan to upgrade/change memory in VN7-592G, which products can be used? I need 16 (maybe 8) GB modules.

A:VN7-592G memory compatibility list

Hello, Your laptop supports up to 32Gb - DDR4 - 2133MHz (2x16Gb).The original memory modules:Spoiler (Highlight to read)KN.8GB0B.032SO-DIMM.DDR4.2133.8GB (Samsung)KN.8GB0G.037SO-DIMM.DDR4.2133.8GB (Hynix)KN.8GB0B.032SO-DIMM.DDR4.2133.8GB (Samsung)KN.8GB0G.037SO-DIMM.DDR4.2133.8GB (Hynix)The compatible memory modules:KingstonCrucial

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-memory-compatibility-list/td-p/431043/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.59%

have CQ60-101AU laptop. I'd like to buy Corsair Memory ? 2GB DDR2 SODIMM Memory (VS2GSDS800D2). Is it compatible with my laptop?

A:CQ60 memory module (RAM) compatibility

http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/compatible-memory-for/HP+-+Compaq/Presario+CQ60-101AU/list.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cq60-memory-module-ram-compatibility.165159/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there peeps,

I intend to buy 8 Gb of corsair vengeance memory and i would like to know if it is compatible with my mobo. My motherboard it the AsRock N68c-s ucc, its chipset is Nvidia, although i dont know if this makes a difference or not?? please respond asap

thankyou, Ace Rimmer.

A:Corsair Vengeance memory compatibility?

You are going to use memory that cost 3 times as much as your motherboard. This doesn't make much sense. If you are using an AM3 CPU this memory should work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-vengeance-memory-compatibility.166522/
Relevancy 48.59%

Would someone be able to direct me to a site or list the memory speeds that an asus a8n-sli deluxe mobo teamed with an athlon 64 x2 4200 is compatible with. Someone in another post said they were using ddr500, can the dual cores handle faster ram than the athlon 64's? :chef:

A:Athlon 64 x2 4200+ Memory Compatibility

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

If you go to Asus' site and search for the motherboard model, you'll find, surprise surprise, all the information about the motherboard, including what you're looking for.

But since I'm such a nice guy, you can just click here. But next time, check the manufacturers site for specs first...

To answer the second part of your question, it is no problem running with faster ram, it just reverts to a speed the motherboard can support...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/athlon-64-x2-4200-memory-compatibility.47960/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there,

Can anyone give me advice on DDR memory compatibility with my ASUS P4P800S-X motherboard please?

I currently have 1 GB of PC2100 266mhz memory in my system but I want to upgrade. I can only afford a stick of 1GB Kingston DDR400 PC3200 serial number KVR400X64C3A/1G which (I hope) will work on its own in this mobo. I want to know if I could mix the 2 sorts of memory (DDR400 & 266Mhz) to give me 1.5 GB of memory. Next month i will buy another 1GB stick and replace the 512MB PC2100 so this is only a short -term problem.

Thanks for the advice.

A:Memory compatibility with ASUS Mobo

check the compatible list on ASUS site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-compatibility-with-asus-mobo.109925/
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently purchased a new system with the following motherboard and memory:
ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+ AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Patriot Viper Xtreme 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model PX534G2000ELK

The system has not yet been assembled, and I only now discovered that the memory I purchased is not on the motherboard manufacturer's list of supported memory for that board. Am I SOL, or should this memory work? According to the published specs. (DDR3 2000, dual channel, 1.65V) they are a match.

The only supported memory available through Newegg.com is KHX2000C9AD3T1K2/4GX (3 of 5 stars) and KHX2000C9AD3T1K3/6GX (expensive), so I'd prefer to not go this route (or wait for new memory to ship). Thanks.

A:Solved: Motherboard / Memory Compatibility

You are a beta tester. It may work and it may not work. That is a brand new mb so it is possible asus has not had time to do much in the way of testing with different memory chips.

As time goes by, you will see bios updates released for memory compatibility and you will see more memory on the qvl list.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-motherboard-memory-compatibility.1002386/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,I have a thinkpad a30, switched motherboards (actually entire lower base with cpu), and still am getting 1 short beep, 3 short beeps, 3 short beeps, 1 short beep . . . indicating system board or DIMM .  . . . I thought I had a compatible stick of memory to test the new board but  . . . . mine has four chips on each side (8 total). I was told that it might require another configuration memory stick (even though pc133) . . .like 16 chip configuration. I'm totally lost at this point. Which memory should I be using? More importantly should my present 256MB PC133 SDRAM SODIMM 144 pin memory (with four chips on each side) work in my A30? I can't figure out if its my system board that is bad or the memory. Again, I've switched the memory board with no change in result and I've purchased this memory stick with no change in result.Getting frustrated . .Redbud

A:a30 question on memory compatibility with error be...

Any PC133 laptop RAM should work in A30, high/low density stick are not an issue for this machine type. The DIMM that you have, if it's not defective, should be just fine. Try testing out that DIMM in another machine, with mem86. Good luck. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/a30-question-on-memory-compatibility-with-error-beeps/td-p/42356
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello... My laptop has XP home, and has a slot for a memory stick. I purchased a 2GB Memory Stick Pro Duo with the adapter, and my computer can't recognize it. Is there a compatiblity issue between this device and XP?

A:Memory Stick Pro compatibility problem

I assume you bought this for a camera or similar?

Anyway, I think the adapter is the part that needs to be recognized, not the card.

Are your USB ports working? Does it recognize the adapter at all when you plug it in?

If not, you might want to try the post HERE (post #8) by JohnWill that does a fix for non-functional USB ports....'cause windows sometimes forgets they are there...lol
Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-compatibility-problem.531052/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello everyone

I am about to buy corsair vengeance 8gb 18660mhz. My mobo is Asus M5A97 LE R2.0. My cpu is AMD3+. Will the ram be compatible with my motherboard. Please answer asap.
Thankyou

A:Corsair Vengeance memory compatibility

Yes it is compatible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-vengeance-memory-compatibility.191166/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there people I came here to clarify a couple of doubts I have about Ram copatibility that I am sure are very basic I bought a Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H-B mobo and while checking the Memory QVL on their website I saw that they have not listed gb individual sticks of ram They provide the Module P N of x gb and x gb ram packages I have learn that the Module P N number GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Memory and compatibility has to be very respected to secure the compatibility but when I for example look for the x gb ram package specs on a different package x gb the Module P N changes slightly and it is not found on my mobo's QVL So that's one of my questions Is there a problem if I choose the x gb GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Memory and compatibility package even thought the serial number varies slightly I already bought a x gb ram package because I did not think that in order to take full advantage of ram slots capacity get to gb I have to use x gb sticks So now that I have x gb ram in my system is it possible to use the other empty slots and use a x gb package in order to have gb in my system of course making sure they are the same specs no conflicts if I do that Thanks a lot and please develop a little if you want and sorry for my strange english

A:GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Memory and compatibility

You might prefer to add new RAM in pairs to preserve the dual-channel memory function.

If you're not in the US, Canada, or the UK, you may not be able to directly do business with this vendor, but they have quite a variety of RAM that they guarantee to be compatible with your board:

Computer memory upgrades for Giga-Byte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard from Crucial.com

If you mix RAM from different manufacturers, there may be compatibility issues. Those can sometimes be overcome by manually setting the memory timings in the BIOS (or EFI) setup to values that are compatible with both sets.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/238623-ga-z68x-ud3h-b3-memory-compatibility.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My motherboard supports PC2-5300 and PC2-6400 RAMs, but it doesn't support dual channel memory. Does that mean PC2-5300 dual channel kit won't properly function on my motherboard?

A:Memory and Mobo compatibility question

That only means it will operate in single channel mode.

Still, the speed (PC-xxxx) doesn't mean everything in compatibility. You should go to Corsair, Crucial or Kingston website and look up your system/motherboard model to find guaranteedly compatible RAM. Easiest to use is Crucial's automatic scanner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-and-mobo-compatibility-question.840428/
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently purchased am Asus Rampage III Extreme mobo for my first enthusiast build in several years, and I have some questions about which memory its compatible with.

On newegg, the specifications state that these frequencies will work: DDR3 2200(O.C.) / 2133(O.C.) / 2000(O.C.) / 1800(O.C.) / 1600 / 1333 / 1066.

Does that mean that I can put DDR2200 memory in that mobo, or that I can overclock DDR1600 up to 1800, 2000, 2133, or 2200?

Thanks for your help!

A:Asus Rampage III Extreme memory compatibility

The overclock RAM bandwidth is dependant upon overclocking the CPU for the most part since CPU and RAM frequency are linked by fixed divider ratio's. Overclocking RAM is usually a by-product of overclocking the CPU.
If you are looking to get the RAM to DDR3-1866+ speeds you should be looking for a faster kit. DDR3-1600 in general will not reach past 1900 for the most part*- if it did then it would be sold as a faster kit.
Buying a DDR3-2000 kit (for example) gives supposed headroom for overclocking, plus has the standard JEDEC RAM profiles embedded within it (DDR3-1066, -1333, -1600) for operating with a non-overclocked CPU. This range of utilisation (along with the higher speed bin) is why faster kits sell for a premium.

* This is assuming the RAM is not over-volted. While the Core i7/i5 CPU's have a maximum memory voltage of 1.875v ( Intel spec pdf Table 2-6, pg.22), I believe any CPU damage that occurs using a voltage over Intel's 1.65v recommendation is not covered by warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rampage-iii-extreme-memory-compatibility.151686/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,

A friend of mine is wanting to buy two memory modules off me that run at 2133MHz but his motherboard caps at 2000 Overclocked. If he installs this RAM will it just cap at 2000, will he have to clock it right or will it simply be incompatible?

The memory: Patriot Viper 2x4GB 2133MHz (PV38G213C1K)
His board: Gigabyte-970A-DS3

Cheers for reading over this peeps, if you need any other info ask away.

A:Solved: Patriot Viper Memory & Gigabyte-970A-DS3 Compatibility?

It may BSOD and not be able to boot until it is manually under-clocked, or it may automatically jump down to a speed which the board is compatible with.

There isn't any way to know for sure until you install it. In my experience, I've had both happen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-patriot-viper-memory-gigabyte-970a-ds3-compatibility.1105586/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi

I had a nasty on my computer last night, and eventually got rid of it.
I ran HJThis and was happy with it except for the following:

O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLLall

Could someone please verify whether these are ok or not?

Many thanks

A:018 Listings

Hi Geoff777,

Yes they are okay and refer to MSN Messenger.

It may be a better idea to have your log checked here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75703/018-listings/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi

Is there any reason why ITV1 & ITV2 are missing fm my listings. as ITV2+1, ITV3 and ITV4 are on the listings
I have HP Pavilion a6235.uk with a Hauppauge freeview card

A:Missing listings

Hi leadley,

This also happens ocassionally with set-top boxes as well. Sometimes setting it to previous or next day can help restore the listing, and even switching to the appropriate channel can do it as well. It is not a fault of your computer or the media card, rather that is just how things sometimes are at the moment. Hopefully, this should improve when the UK has totally switched over to digital. At the moment, most transmitters radiate both the digital and analogue signals, with the analogue ones being much stronger. Sometimes, under certain conditions, this can mean that the analogue signal can cause problems with the digital signal leading to various symtoms such as incomplete program listings and ocassional pauses in the actual programs. As FreeView uses the airwaves, it is also susceptible to atmospheric conditions, although not to the same extent as analogue. When the analogue signal is finally turned off in 2012 the digital signals should be stronger and more reliable as they will be able to utilise the full power of the transmitters.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/180789-missing-listings.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm fairly new to Media center. I have a new HP 9400t and my initial setup went flawlessly. But now my guide (tv listings) in Media Center shows "Not Available" for all channels. I can still access the channel but I can't see the listings.

can anyone help?

A:I've lost the TV listings

Don't feel alone - same thing here was working fine now only 2 channels have data for OTA digital.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/211581-ive-lost-tv-listings.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Greets One and All

I have a collection of film clips (lots and lots) and i wish to know what i have on my multiple hard drives.Is there anyways i can get them up in Windows Explorer and then convert the details into a list that i can export either to a file in list format or print out the list.

This will save me a fair amount of time if i know what i have and will avoid duplication of files and hard disk space.

TIA
Bambino

A:Explorer Listings

You can open a command window and use the Dir command to empty the contents of any directory, file type or subdirectory in a text document.

Go to Start->Run, type CMD and click Ok. The Command windows will appear. Type cd.. and press Enter until you have reached the root directory, C:\. Once in the C:\ you can use the Dir command and see the contents in a text document as follows:

Dir [String] /ON /S>Clips.txt

The string could be a wild card. For example, if these clip files have an extention .clp, the command will look as follows:

Dir *.clp /ON /S>Clips.txt

That will cover all files with that extension in the C:\ drive. To cover the files in another drive, such as E:, type E: and press Enter and repeat the command. Once done, type Exit to return to Windows, then search for the files Clips.txt, which can be openned with Notepad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-listings.348141/
Relevancy 43.86%

ok for some reason where it lists the things in My Computer it just lists them now it doesnt have where is like says "removable devices" and "drives" and that stuff now they are just all bunched together. another time this has happened i just restarted and it went back to normal but this time it didnt

Relevancy 43.86%

Since none of my televisions are "smart", in the current context of the term, I am of the habit of firing up Windows Media Center, and using the program listings there.

I updated the guide, and it appears that none of my local OTA station's program information is available. All WMC says is, "no data available".

Is this some legal nonsense I managed to miss, which possibly has just recently taken effect?

Has WMC programming guide become a subscription service? Little help here...

A:Where Did My TV Guide Listings GO?

I don't use WMC, but here's the troubleshooting guide and the Geek-How-To (but expect you know this stuff).

Old info on the subject:

At first when I started wmc it stated that error was corrected, but when it tired to download guide data I got the old message

Will try to remove tv and re-run the setup...
That's what happened to me and I reran setup, which worked for me.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-did-my-tv-guide-listings-go.217291/
Relevancy 43.86%

While researching a problem with "hardware interrupts," I discovered that my machine has 109 ISA listing in my device manager (Device Manager --> View Devices by Type --> Interrupt Request. This is an example of an ISA Listing: "Icon (ISA) 100 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System". When I click "Properties," they all show: "This device is working properly," and at the "Properties/Resources" Tab all list the settings with multiple entries like this: "Icon IRQ 0x00000051 (81)", "Icon IRQ 0x00000051 (82)", "Icon IRQ 0x00000051 (83)", . . . continuing to "Icon IRQ 0x00000051 (190)". Do I really need that many ISA listings? If not, how can I identify which ones to uninstall? Thanks and regards, Tom Richards

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/multiple-irq-isa-listings-480902.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Is there an easy way to rename a list of MP3's in a batch or group? I've Googled and found lots of very confusing and mostly pricey utilities. What I want to do is remove the numbers and just leave the titles. I like to make CD's with 20-30 songs and switch them out every few weeks.
For example:.....
Change this

01 Title A
02 Title B
03 Title C

so the listing looks like this

Title A
Title B
Title C

Relevancy 43.86%

I decided my Acer Z5761 needed factory restoring and put windows 10 on, but there was no media player so my built in freeview tuner would not work, as you get 10 days to switch back I did... Now I can't download tv listings or record live TV. Any help appreciated.. Talk simple speak as my geek is very limited thanks 

A:Can't download tv listings

At the install play ready it says an error was encountered while installing. The task image is corrupt or has been tampered with ( exception from HRESULT : px80041321 ) i really wish I never instaled windows 10 as it not only did not have windows media centre, it is God awful too.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Can-t-download-tv-listings/td-p/411896/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program listings Host Wierd Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C WINDOWS System RunDll exe C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities TpKmapMn exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C WINDOWS Wierd Host listings System Ati evxx exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exe C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoguard exe C PROGRA ThinkPad CONNEC QCTray exe C PROGRA ThinkPad CONNEC QCWLIcon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files M PSNLite PsnLite exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C WINDOWS System RegSrvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C PROGRA M PSNLite PSNGive exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C Program Files highjackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www g R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page blank O - Hosts ar atwola com atdmt com avp ch avp com avp ru awaps net ca com dispatch mcafee com download mcafee com download microsoft com downloads microsoft com engine awaps net f-secure com ftp f-secure com ftp sophos com go microsoft com liveupdate symantec com mast mcafee com mcafee com msdn microsoft com my-etrust com nai com networkassociates com office microsoft com phx corporate-ir net secure nai com securityresponse symantec com service symantec com sophos com spd atdmt com support microsoft com symantec com update symantec com updates symantec com us mcafee com vil nai com viruslist ru windowsupdate microsoft com www avp ch www avp com www avp ru www awaps net www ca com www f-secure com www kaspersky ru www mcafee com www my-etrust com www nai com www networkassociates com www sophos com www symantec com www trendmicro com www viruslist com www viruslist ru www ca com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO BHOmodObj Class - F CA- E - C-BC - C C - c windows system BHOmod dll file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run S TRAY S Tray exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynT... Read more

A:Wierd Host listings

wow that O1 listing is a new one to me... you run antispyware on this PC? I dont see any installed right off the bat... but I suggest you a couple programs.. run HJT after those are run, and post the files.

also in the Start --> Run type %TEMP% and delete that shows up in that window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wierd-host-listings.365097/
Relevancy 43%

Hi all,

When I bought my tv tuner for my laptop I had 1 problem: guide listings.

You see in the TV setup wizard it told me to imput the post code for my region but I when I do it says that guide listings are not available for my area. This is most annoying and I would like to know, what post code can I use for Australia that will give meguide listings. I am in New South Wales but I think that TV is the same everywhere in Australia. Could someone please write the postcode they use for Australian Guide listings.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/199485-guide-listings-not-available-australia-help.html
Relevancy 43%

Guide listings only go out to 4/19, 6PM. I've tried reloading listings, but it tells me it's up to date.

It used to d/l at least 10 days worth of listings.

Bob

A:Lack of Guide listings

Hello Bob and welcome to the forums

Just to clarify, guide listings on what?

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295888-lack-guide-listings.html
Relevancy 43%

Yesterday all my ebay listings disappeared. cant find them anywhere. I have been listing for a number of years and this has never happened before? All listings had time left, days not hours. Ebay are no help atall. Any one out there got a solution. Regards. Alfie.

Relevancy 43%

Does anyone know if there are any software or scripts that will monitor job listing sites, free lance sites, for sale classified sites, etc. and notify me when a new post that is of interest to me is made?
Thanks.

A:Software for Monitoring Job Listings?

No I don't but I am registered at a job list site and they send me emails most days of their new listings according to my preferences.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-for-monitoring-job-listings.1108485/
Relevancy 43%

System scanned with multiple antimalware tools. All clean except hijackthis contains entries which I am unsure of. Namely:

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll"

and

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE

These seem strange. Please help me find out what these belong to and if they are safe.

UPDATE:

I bit the bullet and removed those entries from hijackthis by clicking the fix button. I know this is not a good idea but it seems to have worked very well. The scan no longer includes the entries with the text I mentioned above. If anyone has any idea where these came from, what they do or if I may still have a problem please let me know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/strange-listings-in-hijackthis-log-258089.html
Relevancy 43%

System scanned with multiple antimalware tools. All clean except hijackthis contains entries which I am unsure of. Namely:

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [nlsf] cmd.exe /C move /Y "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetub.dll" "%SystemRoot%\System32\syssetup.dll"

and

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTFMON.EXE

These seem strange. Please help me find out what these belong to and if they are safe.

A:Strange Listings in Hijackthis Log

I bit the bullet and removed those entries from hijackthis by clicking the fix button. I know this is not a good idea but it seems to have worked very well. The scan no longer includes the entries with the text I mentioned above. If anyone has any idea where these came from, what they do or if I may still have a problem please let me know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-listings-in-hijackthis-log.720079/
Relevancy 43%

When I run a spyware porgram such as spyblaster it lists a number of dialers such as CoolWebSearch and some ActiveX spyware or programs. Is there any way to permanently delete them from my system> They do not seem to appear anywhere but through the spyware scans.

Relevancy 43%

I want to make a backup of all of my Windows Media Center channel listings. I had to do tons of moving channels and changing listings, etc. In order to get qam channels in the correct spots. I am using Windows 7 RC, and I know I will be upgrading in the coming months and would hate to lose all my changes. It took 2 hours to do it.

Anyone know where that stuff is saved at, so I can back it up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-is-wmc-channel-listings-saved.825867/
Relevancy 43%

I have a month old PC with an Intel Core running XP Pro SP It is very fast and powerful until I place the cursor on a folder containing photo images It will quickly show the full list of image files in listings snail' Folder at the detail mode but the little icons before the file names take Folder listings at snail' about a second each to go from grayed out to a darker color It seems like it is looking at each and every image file and doing some pre-processing before it changes the color of the icon Only when all the detail image filename icons are dark can I change the mode to thumbnails and expect a reasonably fast conversion from a detail listing to a thumbnail listing If I try Folder listings at snail' to change to thumbnails images in the folder before all the icons are darkened it can take upwards of - minutes to make the changeover If I wait until all the icons have changed over to darker ones usually takes take - minutes for images and then I click to change to thumbnails it will take another - seconds to show them all On my old system a Ghz AMD with XP Pro SP the same process would take about seconds for the detail listing and then about another seconds for the thumbnails Something on this machine most likely a setting or switch someplace in XP is really slowing down the detail listing within the image folders What should I be looking for to speed up the folder listing process nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/folder-listings-at-snail.602014/
Relevancy 43%

Hi:
I have lost all my list in the all programs in the start button and wated to know if you have found or know of a better way to solve this issue other than a repair install.

Thank you
Mario

A:lost all programs listings

You look throught this Vista -> Win7 7068 = Start Menu not working to see if it helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7325-lost-all-programs-listings.html
Relevancy 43%

I have resently noticed that new programs added to my start menu are not in alphabetical order and i can no longer right click and get a pop up menu offering me the chance to list by name, type ect. can anyone tell me how to rectify this?

A:start menu listings

MONSTERMONSTER Hello and Welcome to TSF.
See if this will help you out http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm you will want item# 56 on right.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/start-menu-listings-65053.html
Relevancy 43%

Am using XP Home SP IE browser and have AVG Business Edition with integrated firewall When l click on some entries within my favorites list nothing happens at all never used to do this I know why it s happening but not the cause and how to fix it If you hover the cursor over any of the favorites it gives you the name and http address You then click on it and it takes you to that site Hover the Recent IE8 using problems in fav listings cursor over that favorite name again and the http info has been wiped out hence it wont connect again It s even just happened to my favorite for your site and l ve had to Recent problems using fav listings in IE8 google you to gain access that way Once in the site l can add it to the favorite list again but once l come out the http details are wiped clean It s not happening on every site in favorites seems to be random but is pig annoying Any ideas

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401650/recent-problems-using-fav-listings-in-ie8/
Relevancy 43%

I am again organizing and cleaning up my music. I have a Terri Clark CD in there and the album title is the same but it displays as being three different albums. I event changed the album title to "hits" the same exact way, same thing. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-same-album-three-listings.549561/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I'm new here and I was unable to find a solution to my question with a search I live in northern Iowa where we get few local channels Years ago a local co-op built a TV tower near my home which rebroadcasts TV channels originating in Minneapolis St Paul MN As far as I've been able to find MCE or Vista only allows for one zip code to be entered for the guide listings Is there Two Guide for Listings MCE Codes Vista Zip - a way for me to do the seemingly impossible I have entered each zip code and each time all of my channels for the respective areas show up but I would like to be able to have BOTH listings at once I've already tried to contact Microsoft support however after they could not find my answer on their copy-and-past-answer-sheet they referred me to the quot Expert Support quot which I would only have to pay for Can any of you help me out instead

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-mce-two-zip-codes-for-guide-listings-257460.html
Relevancy 42.57%

There is an article in this month s PC World quot Fast Windows Fixes quot The first of the fixes suggests that computer performance can be in CPU TWO has Solved: listings Device Manager slowed because drivers for devices Solved: CPU has TWO listings in Device Manager you no longer have are still being loaded It provides a way to ensure that Device Manager also lists drivers for devices that are not currently connected so I set it to do that I found no device Solved: CPU has TWO listings in Device Manager drivers loaded for anything not connected to my system but DID find what appears to be a strange situation Under Processors my CPU is listed TWO times The properties for both are identical It looks like one should be deleted I only have one CPU on the mobo an Intel Solved: CPU has TWO listings in Device Manager P Prescott running at GHz But this is the MOTHER OF ALL DEVICES on a computer so before I delete one of the entries I want to check to see if it s supposed to have two entries Can I delete one or should both be there I think this may have happened because about days ago I did a FULL reformat on my HD and reinstalled Windows and all updates since the creation of my Windows CD I also loaded drivers from other CD s that came with the PC like my Marvell Ethernet card Soundmax onboard audio etc AND the Asus CD containing the Intel chipset drivers I m wondering if well before I loaded the latter that Windows already loaded those drivers and the CD loaded them again BTW the driver dates in each entry for the CPU in Device Manager is nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I have a Incomplete in listings file shares.. folder on my one Windows x PC which I have shared with quot everyone quot I have a laptop Win x and it can see the shared folder and can browse most of the content but there are some places where it is just not seeing files which it should For example one particular folder's subfolders are all seen as empty On the PC with the share I have both Win x and a WinXP virtual machine I am able to access the files perfectly with these This leads me to believe that the fault must lie with the client I've tried unsharing resharing changing share privelidges etc but it seems like the laptop is somehow caching this To add to this I've had a very similar problem where after I've updated a share on the host the updated files don't reflect on the guest - as opposed to a bunch of blank directories being visible but I have been able to resolve this by unsharing resharing Incomplete file listings in shares.. I had the exact same issue in Vista as well I was quite surprised not to find even one result on google for this problem Does anybody have any suggestions Thank you

A:Incomplete file listings in shares..

Are you actually opening the folders, and there are no files inside, or just going by the info popup that says they are empty?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/incomplete-file-listings-in-shares-540484.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Whenever i search for Redirects My Search Listings Google something on google i will get results when i click on the link to go to the site it will redirect me either to Google Redirects My Search Listings a completely different search engine or sites with search engines on them Such as ebay which it has redirected me to before It will usually take - times of clicking the link until i get my desired link destination I have used programs like Super antispyware NoAdware Spybot search and destroy mcafee virus scanner Ad-Aware SE and housecall antivirus Hijack this log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC Google Redirects My Search Listings WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files McAfee com Personal Firewall MPFTray exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exeC Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfService exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO War Rock Toolbar Helper - A-B C - C - E- C AFA B - C Program Files War Rock Toolbar v War Rock Toolbar dll file missing O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptcl dllO - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Advanced Searchbar - CDEEC D- - E -A A -F D F C - C Program Files Advanced Searchbar advancedsearchbar dllO - Toolbar Advanced Searchbar - F - D - - AD - C D ADC - C Program Files Advanced Searchbar advancedsearchbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar War Rock Toolbar - D A - E - B-A B -BF FB B BE - C Program Files War Rock Toolbar v War Rock Toolbar dll file missing O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dllO - Toolbar ImageShack Toolbar - D ... Read more

A:Google Redirects My Search Listings

Hello and welcome to BC. I see you have the Imageshack Toolbar installed. Many experts do not recommend this toolbar as a lot of users have been infected using imageshack. So please uninstall the Imageshack Toolbar via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel . Let me know if you remove it.You are running Viewpoint. I'll let you decide whether or not you want to keep it. Viewpoint is bundled with AOL, AOL Instant Messenger, Netscape 7, etc and sometimes not mentioned in the license agreement. Viewpoint is also bundled with Adobe Atmosphere and hardware manufacturers pre-install some of these applications ViewPoint Toolbar will redirect your search queries and also transmits non personally identifiable information back to their servers Viewpoint Manager is a media player often bundled with AIM software. It is not technically considered malware, but is borderline adware and is often installed without a user's knowledge. Viewpoint Media Player is installed with AIM, AOL and a number of other products. Each installation of the Viewpoint Media Player is identifiable to Viewpoint via a Customer Unique Identifier (CUID), an alphanumeric identifier embedded in the Viewpoint Media Player. For AOL and AIM it is needed to use their 3D icons known as Super Buddies and for customized themes, etc. If you want to remove Viewpoint, end the process on ViewManager in Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del). Go to the Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and remove Viewpoint. Then delete the Viewpoint folder here: C:\Program Files\Viewpoint================================Scan with HijackThis and put a checkmark against the following entries if you removed ImageShack Toolbar:O8 - Extra context menu item: Post Image to Blog - res://C:\WINDOWS\ImageShackToolbar\ImageShackToolbar.dll/5003O8 - Extra context menu item: Tag This Image - res://C:\WINDOWS\ImageShackToolbar\ImageShackToolbar.dll/5002O8 - Extra context menu item: Transload Image to ImageShack - res://C:\WINDOWS\ImageShackToolbar\ImageShackToolbar.dll/5004O8 - Extra context menu item: Upload All Images to ImageShack - res://C:\WINDOWS\ImageShackToolbar\ImageShackToolbar.dll/5000O8 - Extra context menu item: Upload Image to ImageShack - res://C:\WINDOWS\ImageShackToolbar\ImageShackToolbar.dll/5001O15 - Trusted Zone: http://toolbar.imageshack.usO16 - DPF: {6932D140-ABC4-4073-A44C-D4A541665E35} (ImageShack Toolbar) - http://toolbar.imageshack.us/toolbar/ImageShackToolbar.cabClose all windows and browsers, except HijackThis, and click on "fix checked". Exit HijackThis.=================================Please download FixWareout from one of these sites:http://downloads.subratam.org/Fixwareout.exehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/lonny/Fixwareout.exeSave it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish. The fix will begin; follow the prompts. You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.Once the desktop loads post the text that will open (report.txt) and a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95582/google-redirects-my-search-listings/