Windows Support Forum

new board won't POST, Processor not running at correct speed

Q: new board won't POST, Processor not running at correct speed

Hey all, I'm going absolutely nuts. I'm building a new system up for my mom and the parts she bought are fubar! The old board wouldn't format the HDD when I tried to install windows XP pro on it, though the hard drive did fine loading in my PC. Bought a new board and it won't POST. I had the Bus set to 233MHz which is what AMD lists as the frequency for the AthalonXP 2800+, but when I put the processor back in the old board to make sure I didn't fry the processor it read it's bus speed as 100MHz. I upped the speed to 233 on that board and it stopped posting. Do I have a bunk chip? If so, is the old board actually ok?

I'll post all the specs of the boards when I get back, but any 1st thoughts would be appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: new board won't POST, Processor not running at correct speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: new board won't POST, Processor not running at correct speed

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The correct front side bus speed for your athlon 2800+ cpu is 166mhz. By setting it to 233mhz this constitutes a massive overclock, and that is why your system wont post.

If you look at the cpu specs below you will see that the Athlon xp 2800+ has an fsb of 333mhz which is means it should be set to 166mhz. 166mhz X the multiplier of 12.5 = 2083mhz clock speed.

See HERE for athlon specs.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-wont-post-processor-not-running-at-correct-speed.31439/
Relevancy 101.48%

I have a 3.2Ghz AMD processor that only seems to be running at 2Ghz presently. My mobo is a GA-K8NSC-939, I have 1.5Gb of DDR 400 RAM on board and I am running XP SP2. I have tried a couple of things in BIOS - (ie loaded optimal performace settings) but these have made no difference.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 79.55%

I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 and it list the processor clock speed at 1000/733 mhz. The processor speed is currently at 733 mhz. Is there a setting that can be changed to achieve the full 1000mhz clock speed?
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks.

A:Is Dell Inspiron 8100 processor speed correct?

Your Inspiron like many notebooks will throttle back your processor speed to reduce heat and prolong battery life. So even though it is a ~1Ghz processor it will at times run at 733MHz. That's normal behavior. You might be able to disable this feature in Control Panel/Power Options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-dell-inspiron-8100-processor-speed-correct.550861/
Relevancy 76.11%

Just installed a q6600 cpu into my p5b board (which has been updated to most recent bios). However it is running at 1.6 ghz, not 2.4. Anybody give me any help?

Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,
I have a Athlon XP barton core 2500+ processor sitting on an Asus A7V600-X with (2) 256MB sticks of Corsair Value Select.

In BIOS, the CPU Speed is 1467 MHz , bus speed is 133/33, and multiplier is 11.0x. I can't remember exactly what the ram is... (either PC2700 or PC3200) but do I need to change these settings or is the correct speed for a XP2500+?

I'm not interested in OC'ing or anything, just want to be running at the right speed.

Thanks
Ed

A:Athlon XP 2500 processor running at 1467MHz. Is that correct?

That is definately not the correct speed for your processor, I run an xp2000+ and its normal clock speed is 1666 Mhz. In your bios there is a setting for front side bus (fsb) speed, u need to set that correctly for your particular processor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/athlon-xp-2500-processor-running-at-1467mhz-is-that-correct.26941/
Relevancy 70.95%

First image is in windows 7 second in windows vista (separate partition)
i mean WTF happened it used to run at full speed!! (its a 1.9 Dual core)

Windows 7 original beta (7000), should i bear through the paint and upgrade to the RC version that was just released?

A:processor running at 1/3 speed WTF

If you look a little closer you will see that the FSB speed is the same but your multiplier has dropped to x4 in Windows 7, which is most likely to to save power and prolong the life of your components, if you start doing something that is more intensive and requires more power you should see the multiplier rise to the default again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/8812-processor-running-1-3-speed-wtf.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, sorry if this one gets asked a lot, but I couldn't find a thread that seemed to apply particularly to my dilemma.

I'm running on an eMachines built computer, the model is T2865. Aside from a GeForce video card, I've left the computer as is. The processor should be an AMD Athlon XP 2800+, not exactly sure. If I recall correctly, the processor is supposed to run at 2 ghz or more, yet when I go into Control Panel ---> System, the menu says it is running at 1.25 ghz. I already went through with several spyware removers and cleaned the computer, as well as ensured any necessary drivers are up to date, etc., yet the computer still says it runs at 1.25 ghz. Am I overlooking something?

A:AMD Processor running under speed?

Do you have AMDs Cool n Quiet software installed?

This program underclocks your CPU when it is not in use so that your temps stay low (and less fan noise is produced).

When you need your CPU again, it automatically boosts up to full speed.

That's what it sounds like to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processor-running-under-speed.37836/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have an AMD Sempron 2300 which normally runs at 1.8 Ghz. Now, it says it is running at 950 Mhz, and i dont know why. i tried restoring my BIOS to fail-safe defaults, and i changed the CMOS battery, but it didn't work. I really need help on this, so any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

A:AMD processor running at half speed. why?

Try opening up some program like Internet Explorer or something that will stress your CPU. See whether the speed goes back to normal.

Some processors automatically throttle back when idling to reduce power consumption. When you stress them by opening a program or doing something like that, their speed goes back to normal. See if that works.

What socket is your CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processor-running-at-half-speed-why.75189/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a pretty new laptop, 2.13 ghz AMD 2800+ processor. On the system properties screen it says it is only a 508 mhz processor, and yet in safe mode it says it is running at 2.13 ghz. I called the manufacturer and they said it runs at 508 mhz to preserve power. I am wondering if there is a way to change this and make the processor move faster... I have ordered some new ram for the machine as well, but I would like to see the processor work at its full potential. Any response is appreciated. Thanks!

A:Can I increase the speed at which my laptops processor is running?

i dont have one of these laptops - is there an option in powercontrol/management in control panel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-increase-the-speed-at-which-my-laptops-processor-is-running.318502/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Dell Latitude D600 it's a 1.4 ghz pentium M is running at 600 mhz I installed a larger hard drive I don't know if that would make a difference. Please help Thanks

A:Dell Latitude D600 not running a full processor speed

What are you using to test the speeds? It was never a high speed laptop in the first place, but it has always been a darn good and reliable one.

Large hard drive can make a difference if it is 100 GB or larger... using the Dell version of Windows... the system wastes too much time checking empty space.

Be sure you have WXP SP2 installed, but hold back on WXP SP3, as SP3 protects Microsoft, but slows down an already slow laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d600-not-running-a-full-processor-speed.135540/
Relevancy 67.94%

If anyone has any Ideas on this I would appreciate it greatly.

A:AMD Athlon 2650e, 1.6GHz Processor is running at half speed!

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

What happens if you run a game or a large program? The processor should increase the the max power. Today most processors can idle therefore they don't use max power.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/amd-athlon-2650e-1-6ghz-processor-is-running-at-half-speed-634944.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Dell Latitude D600 it's a 1.4 ghz pentium M is running at 600 mhz I installed a larger hard drive I don't know if that would make a difference. Please help Thanks

A:Dell Latitude D600 still not running a full processor speed

Hi

where does it say its running at 600 mhz...post a screen shot of the computer properties (control panel>system)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d600-still-not-running-a-full-processor-speed.135780/
Relevancy 60.2%

I currently have a Gigabyte GA- A-D P It supports the following x V DDR DIMM sockets supporting up to GB of system memory Dual channel memory buying Want for the my sure I'm memory board make correct to architecture Support for Want to make sure I'm buying the correct memory for my board DDR O C MHz memory modules Support for Extreme Memory Profile XMP memory modules a note at the bottom of the site specs on the board says Note To support a DDR MHz and above memory you must install an AM CPU first I also have an AMD FX AMD FX- Six-Core Processor Socket AM Right now I have of the slots taken up by GB per slot I have DDR memory running at MHz eachI assume A friend told me in the past I have to install in pairs or some kind of specific What size should I get and can it be a higher speed than I have currently which I think is If I can will it take advantage of the higher speed Can I just get ONE extra stick or do I have to get Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-to-make-sure-im-buying-the-correct-memory-for-my-board.1167988/
Relevancy 59.34%

Built a Quad AMD interlagos machine with four physical cpu's. Win8 not seeing it correctly. In Device manager I count 64 cpu's which is correct but in task manager it only shows that it is seeing 2 physical cpu's but 48 logical processors? then I turned on HyperV service and now it shows 48 physical and 48 logical? I think it is supposed to show 4 physical and 64 logical? Is virtualization supposed to be off? if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/3676-quad-amd-interlagos-board-cpu-not-seeing-physical-cpus-correct.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,
I want to connect my VCR to the computer to transfer old home movies to DVD.
The Analog to DV device requires a 1 GHz processor. Mine is 498 MHz.

Regarding the speed, will the device work only slowly or not at all?

Thanks!

A:Solved: Video capture device speed vs. processor speed

It is not a matter of slow or not at all. It is most likely a matter of dropped frames. If you have a cheaper video capture card [one without hardware decoding] it will probably work however you will not like the result.

Video editing / encoding is cpu intensive. I would hate to think how long it would take to encode the video file after you capture it [with that cpu]

To give you some idea, it takes me about 15 min to encode approx 1hr of video with an intel dual core cpu. With yours it will be hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-video-capture-device-speed-vs-processor-speed.603223/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
I am new to this forum. The question i have is, i would like to upgrade my processor (currently 1.3ghz) to a higher speed. How do i find out which processor to buy. My motherboard is: MSI (Micro Star) MS-6378 (KLE133).
My current processor is: AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1600+.

Thank You

A:Choosing the correct Processor

You'll need to know what revision your board is. This should be marked on the physical motherboard so you'll have to open it up and check.

You may also be able to find out by using something like Everest to check the motherboard info: http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

If you have a revision 3 board then it looks like a XP 2600+ on the 266MHz FSB, a revision 2 board can go up to a XP2100+.

That info's from here: http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_cpu_support_detail.php?UID=22&kind=1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choosing-the-correct-processor.317320/
Relevancy 58.05%

I need to order a new desktop for my office to replace a 3 year old machine that runs at 3.2 Ghz. The new machines that Dell offers only has this option:

Intel® Core™2 Extreme QX6700 (8MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB)

I don't think there is a standard measuring stick that is used to compare all the processor speeds that I can find or understand. I work with CAD programs that use up a lot of resources and I typically get the fastest available and max the RAM. With all the latest software that I have to install, I need the new machines to run faster than the ones they replace.

Can anyone tell me how this 2.66GHz processor compares to my current machine? I don't have the exact specs for it, this is what it lists on the dell support site for my system - PROCESSOR, 80532K, 3.2GHZ, 1M, 533, M0.

Relevancy 57.62%

I downloaded a program called MBProbe which gives M board are What with & 1 Athlon? a settings M'board correct Lite GHz temp. 6330 Micro-Star amp CPU temperatures voltages fan speeds It has settings for sensors but I don t know which ones to use Here s what MBProbe s default s say Temperatures Tab Motherboard Warning F Critical warning F CPU Warning F Critcal F Aux Warning F Critical F Aux Warning F F The choices of temperature sensors it gives are VT C A VT C A ASUS Cusl Tekram --- Adjustment of temperature offsets What are correct temp. settings with a Micro-Star 6330 Lite M'board & 1 GHz Athlon? Celsius for M board CPU Aux are all set at quot Voltage Divders quot setting is quot Normal quot but program gives settings choice for What are correct temp. settings with a Micro-Star 6330 Lite M'board & 1 GHz Athlon? Winbond Tekram ABit K FIC AZ- PC-Chips M PC-Chips M QDI BX -- And in the CPU Info tab it says AuthenticAMD Athlon TBird Family Model Stepping V SMBus Via VT C B port h Basically I would like to know what the correct settings would be for the MS- Board As I m typing this room temperature is F amp prog says cpu temp is F nbsp

A:What are correct temp. settings with a Micro-Star 6330 Lite M'board & 1 GHz Athlon?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-are-correct-temp-settings-with-a-micro-star-6330-lite-mboard-1-ghz-athlon.64076/
Relevancy 57.19%

hello, I do have a probelm with heretofind, but am unsure how to copy and paste my process info thats needed, i can see the processes in windows task manager but can't copy them how do i go about getting the process info onto a post? so you knid folks can start looking at it,
thank you dave

A:how to post correct info

Please download HijackThis. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Post the whole log file here. Do not fix anything since most of them listed there are harmless (some are system required). This program will help us determine if there is any spyware/malware on your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/how-to-post-correct-info-21690.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi I am sorry that I have to start a new post on this but I have waited for PC: in correct Re-post HELP my with forum. a long time but no reply as yet I really need HELP with my PC: Re-post in correct forum. help with this slow web browsing Could someone please help with my pc which seems very slow loading a web page I have checked AVG virus detector and Spybot but it seems the problem is still there Below is my HJthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx HELP with my PC: Re-post in correct forum. exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService HELP with my PC: Re-post in correct forum. exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files ZoneAlarm ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files TomTom HOME HOMERunner exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files Media Key MagicKey exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files Media Key OSD EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll file missing O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files Flashget jccatch dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files Flashget getflash dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d... Read more

Relevancy 57.19%

Gday I purchased a Samsung SSD Pro prior to installation I set the BIOS to AHCI Put the SSD in and migrated my OS onto the new HD It wasn't until after a few boot ups I noticed it was skipping the boot order of CD DVD then HD I double checked the if place this post..... is Not to sure correct the BIOS to make sure this was indeed the correct boot order it was I needed to boot off my Not sure if this is the correct place to post..... Vista Disk however because it was skipping the boot order it didn't boot from the Disk The only way I could think of to get my boot order back was Not sure if this is the correct place to post..... to switch the BIOS back to IDE Rebooted and it read the Disk What I would like is to KEEP MY BOOT ORDER CD DVD then HD Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-MA T-UD P Any suggestions I contacted Gigabyte this was there response - Dear Susan Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry About the issue you mentioned please change the battery and the model of the battery is CR You can use any manufacturer for the bettery but make sure the bettery model is CR for V After you change the battery you may check if BIOS could work properly Regards GIGABYTE N B THE BIOS COULD WORK NOT WILL WORK

A:Not sure if this is the correct place to post.....

Does the computer have a Fn key you can press at boot time to bring up a Boot menu where you can choose what device to boot?
On my Dell it's F11, on my Lenovo it's F2.

You can try resetting BIOS as follows:

1. Power down the computer and unplug the power cord.
2. Open the case and remove the CMOS (CR2032) battery.
3. Press and hold the power button for 10 cesonds or so.
4. Replace the CMOS battery.
5. Plug in the power cord and power up.

You should get a CMOS error, Press F1 to continue, F2 to enter Setup. Press F2.
See if there is an option of Fn key to load defaults. If yes, do it.
Set date and time then check Boot order/priority and set the way you want.

See if that helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301909-not-sure-if-correct-place-post.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm trying to do a little research here. It was recommended to replace my emachine T2825 motherboard with this: PC CHIPS M848A SOCKET A 462 SiS 746FX ATX AMD. My current CPU is AMD ATHLON XP 2800+. I believe I can upgrade to the AMD XP 3200+. Is this correct? Also I see this CPU listed in various sites as AMD ATHLON 64 3200+. Are these two the same? Would I see much of the difference going from the 2800+ to the 3200+?

Thanks

A:Which processor is best for this board?

They are not the same at all. Athlon XP and Athlon 64 are two totally different architectures. Athlon XP uses Socket A (Socket 462), while Athlon 64 uses Sockets 754, 939, 940 (very rarely), and AM2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-processor-is-best-for-this-board.75436/
Relevancy 56.76%

I wouldn't mind upgrading towards a motherboard that'll have a available slot for a video card because mine does not have that capability so thus I'm stuck with a onboard video . If this helps here's my pro

Intel Celeron D Processor 325
2.53 GHz
256K L2 Cache
533 MHZ FSB

At least I hope I can get another board to use with my Processor because at this point in time I don't want to have to go out an buy the bundle

A:New board old processor

First of all is this a pre-built system ie dell, compaq, hp, etc? If so, you are pretty much stuck buying a board from them because the case is usually proprietary; that is it will not fit a standard atx board.

If this is a custom build, then yes you can replace your board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-board-old-processor.542266/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Pentium 4A 2400-MHz system here that will POST about one out of every eight to twelve attempts. When it does POST, it runs flawlessly for as long as I leave it on, even for days or weeks. However, if I turn it off or attempt to do a restart, I'm back to turning it on, waiting for it to POST and if it doesn't, turning it off and on again until it does POST.

I suspect the board or the processor; but, I'm at a loss as to which. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

The power supply is known good.

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a motherboard that has a FSB of up to 400MHz.
My processor is an AthlonXP 2200 which can only run at 266MHz
My memory is 256MB DDR DRAM PC2700
SisSoftware Sandra testing tells me my memory speed and processsor speed do not match. Question is: Does this really matter? I know a processor upgrade would sort it but a)the computer seems to run fine and b) I daren't try to sneak ANOTHER pc purchase past the wife! (just yet);-)

Relevancy 56.76%

I am going to be buying a new computer in the near future and was wondering if backups, file copying, and defragging will speed up very much?

It seems like that at some point, the drives would not be able to keep up with the processor and faster processors would not be needed for many or even most applications.

I am using a 1 ghz Pentium 3 computer now and am going to get a new 3 ghz computer next.

Also, recently, I read an article about the new dual core Intel chips and that sounds like something that I would like but do not know if they are out yet, and if so, do not know what they are called.

A:Processor speed vs hard drive speed

The main point of having a faster processor is that it runs games smoother, compresses audio and video faster, and so on. These tasks are not particularly dependent on hard disk performance. Nearly all applications will benefit from a faster processor regardless of the speed of the hard disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-vs-hard-drive-speed.372071/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am an older female using a Linux computer and have been using a this question here this Not correct goes is post sure area but to Logitech T-BB Trackball which I love It recently has been giving me problems and the light behind the ball no longer works and my son recommended I try and get another trackball as Not sure this is correct area to post this question but here goes long as it was USB compatible which this one was I just purchased off of EBay a T-BB which does not have the hole at the back for removing the ball for occasional cleaning it looked I thought the same as the T-BB and my older eyes mistook the for and they didn t have a picture of the underside or I would not have even bid on it I use the ball a lot more than the scroll wheel and right now it is very dirty and needs cleaning but I am at a loss as to how to remove it to clean under it My T-BB is much more free wheeling than the T-BB and if I have to use the T-BB the way it is it will within just few minutes make my thumb and hand hurt It has a single ring around the ball with a very small hole in the outer edge which moves very very slightly if I place an opened paper clip in it but it doesn t move enough either way to move it where it will release the ball Can I remove all of the screws on the bottom to remove it without screwing up the trackball Can anyone help me I would greatly appreciate it Thank you Jean nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a PIII 533 CPU and an ABIT VA6 Motherboard. When booting it says PIII 266 CPU. I've gone into the "soft menu setup" and tried to correct it but then the computer won't boot. I get the error message "CPU has change..unworkable.." I've done all I could think of including reformatting my HD and updating all drivers for my VIA chipset. I ran Intel's Processor Frequency Utility and it says I have a 533/100 but its running at 265/66. I've had this problem for so long!! Any help would be very much appreciated.

A:CPU speed not correct

Very strange...

Your problem is at the hardware level (no need to reformat your HD or anything).

Has this happened since you've gotten this mobo/CPU, or have you done a BIOS update? Check for updates? Upgraded the CPU recently?

Im somewhat familer with ABIT boards... there is usually a problem that causes the MOBo to go to a default mode.

You may have to contact ABIT directly on this one...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-speed-not-correct.86278/
Relevancy 56.76%

i just installed nero 6 and i tried the "nero infotool"
why does my bus speed = 133MHz

my pc:
Sony VAIO Digital Studio PCV-RX850 PC Desktop
Processor Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
motherboard bus speed = 533Mhz

is nero incorrect, is it a diff bus speed or did sony lie about their info
what other freeware i can use to double check my motherboard bus speed

A:bus speed, is this correct

That sounds right [email protected] a multiplier of 9 =2.4 gig

Just make certain the multiplier is at 9

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bus-speed-is-this-correct.193353/
Relevancy 56.33%

the computer has a new board in it and all necessary hardware to boot and cruise the net perform few office tasks etc the processor is amd xp on a gigabyte k triton board the bios appears to all be right i even put in the cd to check to see if it needed fixes or overwritten but it said it needed neither when i install windows it runs processor 1700 bad? on or xp board amd xp sp2; fine and after maybe or reboots i start to get these just recovered from a serious error messages referring to a compapp txt file usually and a couple of other files in doc local temp write mem errors and corrupt file messages and the computer then reboots itself i ve used different install disks and all get the same results this is a new hard drive formatted using both xp and the software that came with it my only guess is that it is either the processor that is bad or maybe the board i m out of ideas amd xp 1700 on xp sp2; board or processor bad? on what to check so any help is appreciated if i can find someone to help me out i ll see what error messages will pop up next time i turn it on and post them here tia - Tag nbsp

A:amd xp 1700 on xp sp2; board or processor bad?

Have you tested the memory: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
Make sure to run the extended test by pressing T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-xp-1700-on-xp-sp2-board-or-processor-bad.370990/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a BIOSTAR mother board with 200MHZ AMD K6 in it now.
What I was wondering is if I could put an AMD K6 450MGZ in there?

A:mother board and processor ?

Go to their web site with the make and model of the motherboard. All the docs are on their site. It's probably a Socket 7 board so there aren't too many upgrade options for that.

http://www.biostar-usa.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mother-board-and-processor.58540/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I have a 2.4mhz computer which keeps dying, goes straight to black screen, no action. there has been problems with this machine for a while wont boot occasionally with ram error no floppy working, I think MB is dying. I use this for graphics, photoshop etc .Anyway I have no money at the moment but my old system with asus CUSL2 mb is sat here with decent ram but its only 933mhz,Can anyone tell me if I can get a faster processor for this MB so I can use the old system for now and ditch the 2.4mhz.My laptop which is a 1.6mhz runs photoshop etc fine, so if I can up the power a bit for a few quid on the old reliable tower that would be great for now .Thanks sam

Relevancy 56.33%

Hey Ya'll,

I just bought:

Motherboard.. Intel D945Gnt
Processor.. Intel P4 2.80G
And 1 G of RAM

This was a drastic change from what I had, and was told that I would have to re-install XP.
OK, I figured it would be worth the trouble..

While running setup

Runs setup fine until the first reboot, then I get, with the DOS screen..

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file.

I don't know how to do that...or if it means something is configured wrong, or what?!?!

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks

A:New Board, Processor, Won't Run Windows

Boot with your XP cd.
At the welcome screen press R for repair.
Press 1 to choose your installation.
Enter an admin password unless you're using xp home, then leave blank and just press enter.
Type bootcfg /list , you'll see the list of entries in your boot.ini file.
Next, type bootcgf /rebuild.
Pull the cd out, type exit and reboot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55803/new-board-processor-wont-run-windows/
Relevancy 56.33%

i have purchased a P4 3.0Ghz SL7J6 processor for a new build , having trouble finding a quality board for it .Does anyone have any suggestions or mabe have a particular board maker that you mite favor thanks in advance for your suggestion

A:Compatible board for P4 processor

I wonder... Why did you buy a P4 for a new build? How much did you pay for that? You can get a dual-core AMD CPU for 40-60$, and that beats P4 totally... Consider returning that P4, as it just isn't worth your money... :/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compatible-board-for-p4-processor.764228/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have just changed the motherboard and processor on my second computer and when trying to boot up it starts but shuts down after a very short time. I have put in a 500watt atx power supply to replace the 300watt that was in the computer originally but it is still shutting down. Any ideas please.The motherboard is Asus A7S8X-MX and the Processor is AMD Sempron 2300+.

Relevancy 55.9%

when I include hijack this log. Keeps going to Diagnose connection problem page, and theres no connection problem??

A:Cant post to this board...

But, I was just following the instructions in the Hijack This Tutorial.

Anyway. last week I started getting rogue security messages and webpage redirects for bogus security software. I used S&D and Malwarebytes AntiMalware. The rogue security programs were removed, but I still have a problem with webpage redirection from search sites. I ran the Hijackthis scan and saved the log. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317691/cant-post-to-this-board/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I bought the following (new-retail) from Newegg and cannot get a post or boot- any ideas?

Shuttle AN35N Ultra 400
Athlon XP2500 333
Kingston HyperX 256 400DDR
NVidia FX5200
WD Caviar 80

The board power light comes on and all the neon and fans and case lights and crap come on... but no HD activity, floppy seek, etc- nothing appears on screen. The vid card worked fine in previous system.

Using a generic 400w PS that worked fine in last system.

I can hear a "shhhick.....shhhick" repeating sound coming from the processor area (not the heatsink fan), sounds kinda like a hard drive seek sound.

Bad processer? Bad mobo? Need higher PS?

Thanks!!

A:Can't get new board to POST

Hi Cool....,
First thing: make sure you don't have an extra standoff shorting out the back of your MB.
How generic a power supply? By that I mean, really inexpensive? AMD chips are quite sensitive to correct and stable voltage. Was the 'last system' also AMD-based?
I would suspect the power supply first, but that doesn't fit perfectly with the strange sound you report. Is the 80 gig WD the only drive in the computer?
You could try this: remove or unplug everything except 1 stick of memory and a video card and see if your board will POST. If it POSTs, plug in a hard drive and see if it'll boot. If you can get to this point, your board, processor, and HD are OK.
Hope this helps.
Lots of luck!
Strider

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-new-board-to-post.7499/
Relevancy 55.9%

So I just installed my 8350 about two days ago and I just found out that it isn't running to its full potential. It's running at 2812 MHz. when it should be running at at least 4k MHz. I tried running my game to see if it will go up and maybe its just idle to save power but that did not work. Then I went into my bios and turned off all my C-State (c1e, c6 are the only two I have). And that did not do the trick and I have ran into a brick wall. Please help me.

A:AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

I have 3 possible solutions to the issue: 1) The CPU is flawed. 2) You are in a power saving Windows state. 3) Your CPU is running hot, which will throttle its speed to something lower.

In order to check whether your PC is in a power saving mode, go to the start menu and type in "power options". Choose the one listed under "control panel". Once you click it, it should bring up a window that tells you what power state you are in. Choose the "Balanced" plan if it is in power saving mode and see if that helps.

Secondly, download and run RealTemp and tell me what the CPU temperature is at idle and when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-8350-not-getting-correct-speed.199067/
Relevancy 55.9%

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ (Thoroughbred)
MSI KT4 Ultra Motherboard
1.5GB PC2700 DDR 266Mhz
Windows XP Pro

Hi, with the above setup, the board is reporting that the processor is an XP 2200+ at 1.6Ghz. It should be a 2400+ at 2Ghz.

In the BIOS frequency controls the FSB is 133Mhz and the multiplier is set to Auto. According to my research it should be on 15.0 to make it 2Ghz so I have tried setting it to 15.0 but the motherboard will not boot with that setting and I have to clear the CMOS with the jumper to start over.

Has anyone seen this before or know what I can do?

Many thanks,
Mantis.

Relevancy 55.9%

I have 3 x 2gb Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 ram sticks. I ran blackbox, and it tells me the memory is running at 533mhz? And if I read it correctly, it's underclocked by 20%??

Is this all wrong? And if so, how do I fix?

I did read this, but it didn't really explain things for me http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/55...e-read-posting

It says effective speed is double core speed, which would make my effective speed 1066 if the frequency listed by black box were "core". But it's supposed to be 1600mhz

Corsairs C7D ram is advertised, and sold as 7:7:7:20. Black box reports it as 8:8:8:20?

thanks
Tanya

A:Is my memory speed correct?

Quote: Originally Posted by Yanta

I have 3 x 2gb Corsair 1600mhz DDR3 ram sticks. I ran blackbox, and it tells me the memory is running at 533mhz? And if I read it correctly, it's underclocked by 20%??

Is this all wrong? And if so, how do I fix?

I did read this, but it didn't really explain things for me MEMORY FAQ (please read before posting) - Memory - Motherboards-Memory

It says effective speed is double core speed, which would make my effective speed 1066 if the frequency listed by black box were "core". But it's supposed to be 1600mhz

Corsairs C7D ram is advertised, and sold as 7:7:7:20. Black box reports it as 8:8:8:20?

thanks
Tanya

If I recall correctly, LGA 1366 quad cores support a max of 1066 unless you overclock.

Edit: http://www.intel.com/products/proces...rei7/index.htm it says

Quote:
3 Channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/95016-my-memory-speed-correct.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I am trying to set my RAM to the correct speed of MHz but I am unable to get it above MHz Here are the machine specs Intel Core i ASRock P Deluxe Crucial DDR Mhz - - - x GB Link PowerColor Radeon HD Speed Cannot To Get RAM Solved: Correct MB I noticed that CPU-Z shows the following www talnivarr co uk sites todd images cpuzmem png www talnivarr co uk sites todd images cpuzspd png Note that the RAM is set to run at MHz i e x but that the timings table for MHz matches the expected figures Restart in BIOS the RAM is being detected as DDR MHz www talnivarr co uk sites todd images sysover jpg I have already set it to manually www talnivarr co uk sites todd images Solved: Cannot Get RAM To Correct Speed tweak jpg www talnivarr co uk sites todd images ramfreq jpg The only other relevant options I have is the timings page www talnivarr co uk sites todd images ramtiming jpg Anyone know what is going on here How do I get my RAM to run at the correct speed nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

hi, i have just built my first comp, the specs are as follows

Intel 845PE asrock mobo
512MB 184DIMM PC2100 ram
GF FX5200 256MB DDR VO DVI AGP
P4 3.0 512Kb processor

It will not run at 3.0ghz, it runs at 2ghz just fine....
Ive tried increasing the cpu frequency and the comp will run at 3.0 ghz but it will then die as it reaches windows........says somthing about ram error.....

please can anywone help me ?

A:cpu notworking at correct speed

sorry all, i know the problem, its the mobo, it only suports 3.0ghz 800mhz fbs when over clocked
i shall go ask in the mod forum for anyone who can help with the oc'ing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-notworking-at-correct-speed.12213/
Relevancy 55.9%

I've built a computer for the first time and I'm not sure about a few things.. First of all my memory frequency is only clocked at 266.7mhz. Isn't that really low considering I have dual DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) sticks? Also is my timing good on it or should I modify it in anyway? Thanks for the help!

A:Are my timings/cpu bus speed correct?

Since you haven't posted any information about your system in your profile, you could at least help us & do it here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-my-timings-cpu-bus-speed-correct.73582/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Which processor... memory... board? Solved: Could someone please help me I am looking to upgrade my pc but have a conundrum I am torn between an Intel Q Core Quad Proccessor - GHz MB L Cache MHz and the AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Quad-Core Processor - GHz MB Cache Socket AM W nm Which is better do you Solved: Which processor... memory... board? think If I opt for the AMD the I have to revamp the memory to DDR to go with the AM motherboard gx has been recommended I have seen ddr advertised quot for i motherboards quot in the blurb Is it true that all ddr s will fit in any ddr compatible motherboard or are there specific types for specific boards and processors I know that the intel will need a new motherboard socket-ish but assuming that it will still use ddr mem - the memory i already have Though i know very little about the subject I am rather interested in your opinions and facts etc Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hey all...I'm very new to this forum stuff so please bear with me..
Just got a new Asus A7N8X-X motherboard, AMD Athlon XP 2800+, and 512MB DDR Azenram.
First off I had a hell of a time setting up the advanced chipset features in the bios to get the performance I was supposed to...now after that's all been done and XP PRO installed the computer keeps freezing..

Windows boots fine and very fast...once booted though and I start to run different applications...especially downloading the computer just locks up...after a few seconds I get a couple seconds where I can move the cursor and then it locks up again and so on. With performance monitor open the cpu usage spikes and drops and so on....I'm at my wits end with this machine....can anybody help????

A:New board and processor Windows Freezing

I found the same thing when I build this exact system in may 2004.

I found the problem to be lack of heat transfer from the cpu
to the heat sink. Added some more paste, not too much.
The original paste dried out.

It fixed the problem. The system runs great.
You need at least an antec 430 watt system power supply

good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-board-and-processor-windows-freezing.16782/
Relevancy 55.47%

ok question is: I have a Compaq Presario tower with a 266mhz Intel P-II processor and factor Board. I am looking to speed things up to at least 800mhz and was wondering what is the better processor and board combo for the money?
and what price range am I looking at? was hoping to keep it under 300 bucks but want a faster comp too so if you have any info, I would love the help.

Ken

A:Mother board and processor upgrading

A word of warning, if you plan on using the compaq and just change the motherboard and processor it may not fit. Compaq uses proprietary everything. I maybe wrong but keep it in mind. If it where me, I would buy a new case with power supply, get the motherboard and cpu, and use the rest of the components from the compaq.
You can buy a half decent case and power supply for less than a hundred.

You can check compaq's site and see if you can get any dimension's on your current case but more than likely it is a proprietary design for them. Even if the motherboard will physically fit inside the case the i/o's probably won't line up(meaning the usb/paralell port/mouse/keyboard/ etc connectors)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mother-board-and-processor-upgrading.46152/
Relevancy 55.47%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-Phenom-Socket-Quad-Core-Processor/dp/B002XNBQJQ

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-amd-processor-is-compatible-with-my-mother-board-and-im-new-to-this.202437/
Relevancy 55.47%

So I upgraded my motherboard and processor as well as my video card.
Here is all the new stuff i put in:
Intel DP35DPM Socket 775 Motherboard
Intel Core2 Duo E4500 2.2Ghz Socket 775 CPU
Corsair TWINX 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz E.P.P.
NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 512MB PCI-E x16 Video Card w/DVI/TV

So I load windows and it crashes right when XP loads up. (Right after the scroll bar screen)
I can safely boot in safe mode, I did that and installed the drivers.
I'm not that computer savvy so I could use a little help, my friend recommends reinstalling XP but I don't have a cd and would prefer not too.

I believe the error message is 0x0000004F.

I can double check and get back, but please let me know what I should do.

A:New Board + Processor cause XP to crash while loading

If you didn't re-install windows fresh after you got the new parts, that is the cause of your error message.

If you have windows installed on a hard-drive already and you change out computer parts such as motherboard, you will need to perform windows repair in order to get the computer running. If you don't have any important data on the hard-drive then I recommend you do a full format of your hard-drive and install windows fresh since you got new parts.

Overall, you will need to perform windows repair to get the computer going again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/new-board-processor-cause-xp-to-crash-while-loading-229981.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I just purchased a new biostar P4m80-m4 motherboard and an intel celeron D325 2.53g socket478 256k processor. Biostars's manual and website indicate that this board supports this processor. However when I booted up the machine I got an error message to this effect: warning cpu has been changed or cpu ratio failed. I shut down the machine and when I tried to reboot I got nothing. The power supply does not even start. I have verified that the power supply has not failed. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?
Leasal

A:mother board or processor problem

Clear the CMOS and try again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mother-board-or-processor-problem.68389/
Relevancy 55.47%

this is the first time i use this forum so plz help me

A:can i apply a p4 processor into a p3 mother board?

No, they use differant sockets, pentium 3 uses Slot1 and Socket370, pentium 4 uses Socket 423, 478, and 775.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-apply-a-p4-processor-into-a-p3-mother-board.73973/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've been spending several hours looking for onboard video and network drivers of an old Compaq processor board (1999-2000 compaq). msinfo32 gives the following:
OS Name: Windows 2000 Professional, System model: Compaq Deskpro, Bios Version: 686p2 v2.04. What I need now is the display driver. Help is much appreciated.

A:Drivers for Compaq Processor Board

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...=96266&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=181#11314

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-for-compaq-processor-board.591643/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi...

I am usin Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 6.0.2806.11.06.xpsp2.030422-1633....

4 about a year & a half i hav been a member of an msn group & enjoyed postin up messages...but 4 sum reason i can't do this n e more.

It started with gettin messages regardin script error settings...i checked marked the 'disable script bugging'....& unchecked the 'display a notification about script error'....now when i try 2 click a 'reply' on the message board...nothin happens...no error messages...jus 'Javascript:rep (89568)...& 'done' in the left hand corner...please help...thank u..(",)

A:Can not post messages up on an msn board

you may want to check your java settings from here
Have you attempted to click "enable" on the Custom Security levels?
- In IE, click TOOLS
- Click INTERNET OPTIONS
- Click SECURITY tab
- For both INTERNET and LOCAL INTRANET click CUSTOM LEVEL and look at your Java settings. Enable anything listed as Prompt or disable.
This set will show you your java status
https://www.clipstream.com/help/visitorhelp.shtml

also
for java go here
http://www.bodo.com/javame.htm
look for two things
1) the following text displayed
YES!...IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU ARE JavaScript ENABLED!
2) black box with wiggling text

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-post-messages-up-on-an-msn-board.272394/
Relevancy 55.47%

My system is an asus a n CPU and post Troubles Board x deluxe amd xp-m corsair TWINX - CR gig matched pair DDR memory Rosewill w Board post and CPU Troubles PS Win pro I ve been doing some mild overclocking with this setup and ended up Board post and CPU Troubles running at mhz with the Vcore set at v I m not a gamer so I really don t heat things up much I decided to purchase a better cpu fan so I bought a Thermaltake all copper RX series fan and sink and installed it Everything ran OK I ran the setup at cpu usage for about minutes to see how it would heat up and it got up to about F - no big deal When I shut down to restart the bios kicked my settings back to a low default I tried to reset everything with no success - it wouldn t boot to my original oc settings or any other settings for that matter Then it wouldn t post at all When I power Board post and CPU Troubles up all the fans work and the drives spin up but no beeps and a completely dead screen I have read a lot of your informative posts here I tried a different PS moved the memory around cleared and reset the bios tested the video card I first thought it was the CPU but sounds like if it was I should still get a beep code Anyway any help would be great Thanks rfcoop nbsp

A:Board post and CPU Troubles

Rosewill power supplies dont seem to be very reliable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/board-post-and-cpu-troubles.65061/
Relevancy 55.47%

I need some help.
On my desktop, there seems to be an annoying red line stretching vertically across the screen. It's only on the desktop, not when I pull up any other window such as paint or internet explorer. And it doesn't go away with any other wallpapers. It just turned up about a month ago, and I've tried refreshing the desktop and re-aligning the icons but nothing works. Anybody have suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-had-no-idea-what-board-to-post-this-on.62307/
Relevancy 55.47%

recently my PC started beeping instead of booting Restarting it allowed it to boot however it has now decided not to boot at all Rather expensively I decided it was the power supply- which was replaced but which made no difference My M/board CPU? Solved: or No Post; question is is there any way short of replacing either the mboard or the processor to narrow down the culprit The beeps are always the same but so fast I can t tell if theres five or six of them also whether there s Solved: No Post; M/board or CPU? short beeps with a gap or short beeps followed by long beeps I checked out the graphics card by swapping it into another machine worked fine then I swapped the memory around made no difference AthlonT X Solved: No Post; M/board or CPU? dual core ASUS A N-SLI mboard mb ddr ram pc watt corsair tx power supply Windows XP service pack don t want to get new mboard only to find it was the processor after all or vice versa nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Asus P5Wdh motherboard: In trying to fix system crashes when internet news video was running, I managed to mess up the system bios on the motherboard. System is winXP-Pro, 4Gb ram, lots of disk.

Downloaded new bios from Asus, flashed the system using the Alt-F2 on bootup and a floppy, machine came back with "Completed." message. Waited awhile, nothing else came up, so I rebooted, and machine is now dead, no POST, nutting.. (had already loaded new drivers for the GeForce 7600 video board, didn't help.

Anybody know of a recovery for scrambled Asus bios?
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p5w-dh-board-no-post.568918/
Relevancy 55.47%

I put together a machine with an ASUS A7N8X-X MOBO and Athlon XP 2600 Barton (1900 GHZ and 333 FSB). With the auto settings in the Advanced Chipset Features, Everest reported it as 1.1 GHZ or something like that. So I changed the CPU External Frequency from 100 to 166 as the Frequency Multiplier had been set at 11.5. I assume that's correct because the manual says the FSB should be twice the CPU External Frequency, so twice 166 is 334 (close to 333 listed). This then gave me 1.921 GHz and a 334 Mhz effective FSB. See the snapshots of Everest readings:

Relevancy 55.47%

So I have 6GB of DDR3 RAM in my computer, and when I go into my BIOS, it says that they are operating at 1066 frequency, when they are 1333 sticks. I'm not sure how to solve this issue, but I think I know how it came about. I had a 2GB 1066 stick in there and for some reason when I took it out, the speed stuck in the BIOS.... any ideas how to correct this? I have tried: Flashing the BIOS. I think I might try to clear the CMOS THEN flash the BIOS, and hope that that works.

A:DDR3 RAM not showing correct speed

Download and run"

CPUID

On the Memory tab it will show the current memory settings and the SPD tab will show what the auto settings are. The auto settings may not be 1333 but you can then change the values in the Bios to get what you want.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/68073-ddr3-ram-not-showing-correct-speed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, i have tiscali up to 8 meg.
I know this means from there servers but i should be getting more than 1.5 meg average?
it also doesnt even seem like it is running at 1.5 meg because everything i download off the internet averages at 30 kb's a sec download, which is very slow.

maybe it is to do with my modem settings?
is there something to optimise this?

here is my speed test results:

Thanks all help is apreciated.

A:Tiscali not giving me the correct speed?

read JOHNWILLs post here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/756340-game-connection-speed.html

and try the tests etc he suggests

post results

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tiscali-not-giving-me-the-correct-speed.760261/
Relevancy 55.47%

Im trying to install an amd 2400xp to a asus A7n8x Deluxe (2.0 rev.). When i boot up, it only recognzes xp 1800 and i get the message to adjust correct cpu speed in bios. I go to bios and there is not a cpu speed menu. I have done this before on my asus a7v333 when I updated from 1900xp to 2400 xp and the speed menu appeared so i can select 2.0 Ghz speed. But on this freshly mobo and all components pc, i dont get the cpu speed menu. I have also left intact the cpu fsb jumper.(its set to default 266/333/400). Any help will be apreaciated

Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys, - I know I download at 16Mbps as per speed tests on my wifi..

the issue I have is why doesn't it use much much more than 4-5Mbps when I watch Youtube videos?? this really upsets me because I try to watch 720p high quality videos and they take awhile to load especially when I want to skip around..

so I'm ready for suggestions..

is it settings in my adapter? I have Qos totally unchecked and turned off in advanced adapter settings..

A:Want correct speed for my wifi using youtube..

Youtube uses a Variable Streaming rate. Since you run it inside your web browser, there is no way of knowing what the data stream actually is.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68966-want-correct-speed-my-wifi-using-youtube.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 55.47%

I own a WindowsXP computer. I am trying to learn how to burn CDs. I "seem" to be able to assemble my playlist, drag,drop, and pick a new playlist. I "seem" to be burning a new CD after installing a blank 52xmulti speed disc. My troubles begin after about 91% of the burning process is completed. The process will stop and inform me that the "write-speed" is incorrect! How does one go about changing to the correct speed? What is the proper sequence in CD burning so that I do it the same way every time?

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello.

I plan to build my own computer since the DELL gx280 have given hard time to me. The i5 process would like to be my system in this time. Here is the list what I estimate on ebay (mostly)

CPU: Intel Core 2 q9400 - $190 OR i5 - $200
CPU Fan: ???
M/B: Asus P5KPL-CM - $60 OR Intel DP55WB - $100
Ram: Kingston 4gb DDR2 800mhz - $60 OR DD3 -$70
Video: ATI Radeon 4850 - $124
HDD: Western Digital 500GB 32mb, 7200 rpm - $56
DVD-RW: LG DVD-RW - $31
CASE: standard ATX Tower with 500w power - $45

I have no idea about a CPU cooler. What I heard that the CPU cooler should be different ones depends on the M/B and case.
What kinds of cooler can I use for my system? Also how am I able to firgue that out?

Thanks.

A:Cooler for Core i5 processor with Intel board?

Fast Healthy Weight Loss

I plan to build my own computer since the DELL gx280 have given hard time to me.

burnfatlikeafurnace.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-for-core-i5-processor-with-intel-board.136168/
Relevancy 55.04%

Shall I Upgrade My Processor/What Processors are CompatibleWith My Board?

Well as you can tell from the title, i'm wondering if I should upgrade my processor and what processors are compatible with my board.

I have a ASUS PDGT-LA [HP Goldfish3].

I currently have a Intel Pentium 4 519K 3.06Ghz 533 Mhz FSB 64-bit Processor.

Would upgrading to a 640 or a 630 be worth the $100?

What processors are compatible with my board?

Thanks in Advance,
Tim

A:Shall I Upgrade My Processor/What Processors are Compatible With My Board?

Socket: LGA775
Supports processor up to 3.4 GHz
Supports Intel Pentium 4 HT processors

Lots more info from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?&cc=us&docname=c00361570

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shall-i-upgrade-my-processor-what-processors-are-compatible-with-my-board.104433/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm not a gamer so extreme performance isn't a thing I just gotta' have; but, this dual processor board has two processors already installed and a Gig of RAM and it's only $99. It's used; but, I've had mostly good luck with used stuff. It also has all cables, fans, software, etc.

I would be using it as a desktop workstation.

For $99, what's your opinion? Are there any "gotchas" here?

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SE7501BR2-KIT-R&cat=MBB

There's also another different one here for only $60:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SE7501CW2-K3-R&cat=MBB

Relevancy 55.04%

After cleaning my computer free of dust, I reinstalled all the necessary parts to get the computer working again. When I was to put the processor back, I found that:

1) the pins were a little bit bent but I think they bent back in place when i put it back
2) In order to put back on motherboard, i had to remove the processor from the fan and that means the thermal paste was somewhat removed.

So the biggest question I have is: Is re-adding thermal paste necessary? and is this why its been shutting down?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-added-processor-to-board-computer-shuts-down.130693/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a virus that is not showing up with my anti-virus software IE links go to ads and surveys Avast Shield is blocking something that is trying to go to a know malicious site directitfast com seneka engine Every two minutes I get an Avast quot pop-up quot informing me that it blocked it My system restore feature no longer works Infected and Post correct [SOLVED] find can't New virus. with SORRY: logs... I don't know how I got infected but did DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Windows at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion [SOLVED] New Post with correct logs... SORRY: Infected and can't find virus. Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Cobian Backup cbService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system lxdfcoms exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL ACT Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxdfmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxdfamon exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Vonage Vonage Click- -Call click call exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files I kfanGUI I kfanGUI exe C Documents and Settings Windows Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Documents and Settings Windows Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Windows Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast setup avast setup C Documents and Settings Windows Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page uSearch Bar uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch A FB BD dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun i kfangui c program files i kfangui I kfanGUI exe startup uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings windows local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe mRun lxdfmon exe quot c program files lexmark series lxdfmon exe quot mRun lxdfamon quot c program files lexmark series lxdfamon exe quot mRun Lexmark Series Fax Server quot c program files lexmark series fm exe quot s mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun avast c progra alwils avast ashDisp exe mRun Vonage c program files vonage vonage click- -call click call exe mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun Windows Defender quot c program files windows defender MSASCui exe quot -hide dRun A F A F A exe c w... Read more

A:[SOLVED] New Post with correct logs... SORRY: Infected and can't find virus.

Problem solved by pay site....

Thank You.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/solved-new-post-with-correct-logs-sorry-infected-and-cant-find-virus-372006.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Win2K with Time Zone set to London

Hello,

I notice that 5 hours is being added to the time of my posts (the time is now11.37 p.m., but the time of this post will show plus 5 hours. How can I get my posts to show the correct time. Thank you.

This post is showing a time of 4.35 a.m.

I remember that when I first joined the Site my post times were correct.

T2

Relevancy 54.61%

mother board - FOXCONN 400series

model number (mother board) - 400m01-G-6L

VID card - radeon 9200 agp

processor - duron 1400

Technical Information --- (processor)
Manufacturer AMD
Clock Speed 1.4 GHZ
L1 Cache 128
L2 Cache 64
Socket Socket A
Voltage 1.65 v
Bus Speed 266

-------------

RAM - transcend 256MB ram DDR 333 DIMM - 184 pin - pc2700

power supply - DURO 400 WAT

all new

wont post at all, monitor stays yellow light. (suspended)

A:my new mother board wont post at all...

Hi XearoVeg

When I built the computer I'm on now
I had the same problem. No Post
In my case the problem was one of the brass stand offs
under the mother board for some reason was shorting out
the board.

Replaced the two brass stand offs with plastic
and it posted fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-new-mother-board-wont-post-at-all-11152.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently received a free desktop, and am trying to figure out if it even works. As the title suggests, I am trying to post the machine off of the motherboard (wg864) as it was missing its front media board which contains the power button.  As I have already done research, I have come across that the 38/40 pin connector is the common way to post it, however I can't come across a diagnostic sheet to figure out what pins to jump. If someone can give me an image or tell me the pins that would be great.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19994395
Relevancy 54.61%

OK I just changed the mother board on my pc I followed the manual to install all cables USB etc and when I connected everything and started her post with Help, mother Solved: new no board up it wouldn t post what have I done wrong A little history with this pc about weeks ago the psu blew so I installed a new one and all was good then last week I upgraded the ram from to gig and when I started the pc it wouldn t post Changed the ram back to the old one and still no post so I figured and with help from the forum changed the mother board and no still no post Solved: Help, no post with new mother board It is acting the same way it did when I changed the ram what about the hard drive could something have happened to it Solved: Help, no post with new mother board but if it had wouldn t I still get some action on this baby I am learning as I go which may not always be a good thing but I have changed a mother board and that one went well any and all advice suggestions and anything else is very welcomed at this point Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

New board (intel). Powers up, all hardware powers up, then freezes on INtel Desktop Board screen. If I reset and hit F2 to enter setup, freezes on "entering setup." On this screen, provides my CPU and Ram info correctly.

USing formatted HDD, no OS on the thing. Any thoughts? Need more info?

Thanks

A:New Intel board freezes after post

what board is it?
reset your cmos jumper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-intel-board-freezes-after-post.20467/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there, i have a msi k7n2 - ms - 6570 version 1 mobo and i started building a computer (specs, that board, 256 ddr pc2100, amd 1800+ k7, maxtor sata hdd 160gb, geforce4 mx440 64mb and a phillips cd-rw) when i had finished i switched it on every thing seemed ok detected memory/cpu fine. I entered bios to set cd-rom first boot saved, exited/rebooted then never posts again but still switches on and doesnt beep. I cant understand why this has happened any ideas any one ? thanks Azz

A:my msi k7n2 board wont post no more :-S

If this happened to me i would unplug everything not required to boot i.e any pci cards (not including vga) and the cd-rom. then i would clear the cmos via the jumper on the board (check your mobo manual for details). usually your required to turn the power off, remove the cmos battery, move the jumper to clear the cmos and leave it for 15-20 secs.

Also double check none of the components have worked loose, i.e the ram, vga card, ide/sata cables etc. and if possible try tested components in the board i.e. another stick of ram, different graphics card.

If you try this and get no joy you have very little option but to rma the board.

Good Luck

:giddy:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-msi-k7n2-board-wont-post-no-more-s.16845/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I was using this VM in the past smoothly Now however I have new PC and VM doesnt recognize new speed of new CPU correctly My new CPU is amd fx ghz VM however just recognizes it as hz speed and therefor acts as if it was ware speed. Vm CPU correct doesnt recognize so ---- gt terribly slow it sometimes dont even boot Also I have this message when starting VM VMware Workstation has measured your CPU speed to be MHz but Windows reports that it is MHz This may mean that your computer has a power-saving feature that varies the processor speed As a result the clock in your virtual machine may run too fast or Vm ware doesnt recognize correct CPU speed. too slow For a workaround please refer to the VMware knowledge base article at http vmware com info id Click to expand Thing is i tried maximum performance at control panel power options but it didnt Vm ware doesnt recognize correct CPU speed. change anything Anyone have idea what could be causing it and possible solution Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all We recently upgraded to Fiber internet and should be receiving MB s download speed We use one laptop and one desktop The laptop shows proper download and upload speeds on both an Ethernet and wireless connection when using speedtest net Between and MB Correct Not Wireless Getting Solved: Desktop Speed s However my desktop which I use Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed with an Asus N n Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed Wireless PCI-E x card However I am only getting - MB s on speedtest net with the desktop and around - MB s upload I know this is weird too I have searched Google far and wide trying to solve this issue I have done all the normal things such as Solved: Wireless Desktop Not Getting Correct Speed reinstalling and updating drivers for my chipset and wireless card I installed the download from the quot Utility quot section on this page because when I download the item from the quot Wireless quot section it gives me a folder with contents lacking an exe or anything of the sort My system specs can be found in my description My desktop is Windows and the laptop is Windows nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Does the motherboard itself contribute to the speed of a system or is that function entirely up to the CPU that is used on a given motherboard.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
just installed a new motherboard and processor and now the hard drives not booting it appears in the bios but its not loading up any ideas would be much appreciated.
The motherboard is a ASUS P5LD2

Relevancy 54.61%

hello, ive had this desktop computer for years now and the processor is extremely outdated. I have been looking around trying to figure out how i can upgrade the processor speed but it seems the more i look up the less i know about computers...

anyways i have: Board: MICRO-STAR MS-7184
Serial Number: 5922655884

current proccessor: 2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Not hyper-threaded

I believe the socket is a 939? when i looked up these specs i found that the highest processor i can place is " AMD Athlon 64 X2 (up to 4800+) and Sempron (up to 3200+) processors".

Can anyone verify this?Or is it not worth investing in a new processor? i am looking to find the best upgrade rather then spending cash to buy a new computer. Any advice would be extremely appreciated.

A:Looking to upgrade processor, board Micro-Star MS-7184

Hey Noctis,

Truth be told you are better off upgrading your Motherboard, RAM, and Processor if you want to see any substantial difference. A socket 939 is quite a bit old and since then they have move onto the AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, etc sockets for AMD Mobos and Processors.

Socket 939 processors are to the point where they are no longer just old enough to be cheap. Since they are no longer made they are old enough to be more expensive than modern counterparts in many cases.

When upgrading the MOBO and CPU you want to look into more than just the processor speed. Important factors are also the types and amount of cache for a processor, number of cores, and RAM that can be used with that CPU.

The newer Athlon II X2s as an example are a significant leap from the original Athlon 64s and a discerning buyer online can find them significantly cheap. AM2+ boards are currently somewhat inexpensive and so is DDR2 RAM. They are currently at the stage where they are old enough to be somewhat cheap but with the newest socket and processors being sold by AMD now it may change iwthin the next few years to start getting expensive again from being old enough.

You also have the route of a AM3 with DDR2 or DDR3 Ram option available which are also moderately priced.

If you check out the website pricewatch.com you can look at pricing for several different mobos, cpus, etc from various websites easily. I just completed a full build including case, HDD, Mobo, CPU, DVD-RW, RAM, Graphics card, etc for just over $350.00

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-upgrade-processor-board-micro-star-ms-7184.170905/
Relevancy 54.61%

can't find a thread about this,so i need advice of a good software to measure if my processor/board or hard drive is too hot.
a temp. reader that is to be exact for a pc.

Relevancy 54.18%

I am correct + during System identify no monitor randomly, does POST CPU Crash not signal having a very hard time with my computer It only occours when I have had the computer turned off for days or more System Crash randomly, CPU does not identify correct during POST + no monitor signal I only turn off my computer when I go System Crash randomly, CPU does not identify correct during POST + no monitor signal away on holidays Short verision Crash randomly after being shutoff for a day or more Sometimes cpu is not detected correctly during POST when comp is rebooted after crash Input devices doesnt work properly after the reboot mouse or rather the computer itself does freeze randomly for short period of times System Crash randomly, CPU does not identify correct during POST + no monitor signal has if it had a hiccup Comp beeps while typing-characters are replaced Etc if I press space while writing it might just as well result in the window scrolling down instead of adding a space Description of Error System boots with no problem but crashes or freezes after several minutes-hours of operation and system seems unstable when it do boots When it has crashed once the processor is sometimes not identified correctly during POST when I reboot It all started when I had my computer upgraded new graphics motherboard cpu When I got it back it worked just fine But when I turned it off and went away for the weekend the computer started acting insanely when I got back It started with the input devices not working properly etc the mouse pointer would freeze for a short time now and then keyboard would beep while typing and replace charaters It kept doing this for a week then it just frooze and beeped every time I pressed a key I rebooted and I did get quot no signal quot on my monitor So boot didnt get past POST for some reason I rebooted the computer several times finally I booted and let my computer be - after about minutes I got signal on the monitor and bios continued to load however CPU was not detected correctly during post Instead of MHz it was detected as GHz I changed the psu and the computer ran good for some days then started to act the same I sent my computer in for repair they said they couldnt find any errors but put the comp into a larger case inserted an even better psu and added an extra fan except for the psu fan and cpu fan that already existed I got the computer back and it ran just fine until I had to shut it down again for a while Now I have the exact same problems again I am completely utterly confused by this remember - the computer worked just fine without any problems at all before I shut it down the first time Computer AOpen motherboard Intel Celeron MHz RAM Asus v GeForce GTS Anyone have any ideas what so ever what might be causing this nbsp

A:System Crash randomly, CPU does not identify correct during POST + no monitor signal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-crash-randomly-cpu-does-not-identify-correct-during-post-no-monitor-signal.84973/
Relevancy 54.18%

The latest BIOS for the HP EliteBook G references a Electronic Label Restore Tool to remove boot correct Missing Restore to Label "Electronic Tool" POST... a POST error message after flashing the BIOS to nbsp http h www hp com hpsc swd public detail sp ts oid amp swItemId ob amp swEnvOid nbsp As per the release notes NOTE For systems that did not ship with BIOS version or later this utility may be required if Missing "Electronic Label Restore Tool" to correct boot POST... the BIOS has been updated Visit the BIOS and drivers page on www support hp Missing "Electronic Label Restore Tool" to correct boot POST... com and follow the instructions using the HP Electronic Label Restore Tool nbsp This tool cannot be found on the support website If flashing the BIOS causes this issue for systems that shipped with a BIOS version prior to why is the tool not available to correct the issue Better question is why was this BIOS update released at all if it can cause system to stop for seconds during POST if you do no have the tool to correct POST message as outlined in the release notes and in the Missing "Electronic Label Restore Tool" to correct boot POST... POST message Solved View Solution

A:Missing "Electronic Label Restore Tool" to correct boot POST...

Version 1.01 of the Electronic Label Restore Tool did correct my issue. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_162255_1&lang=en&cc=us&hprpt_id=HPGL_ALERTS_1873677&jumpid=em_alerts_us-us_Mar16_xbu_all_all_641843_1873677_LaptopsandHybrids_routine__/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Missing-quot-Electronic-Label-Restore-Tool-quot-to-correct/td-p/5504262
Relevancy 54.18%

Working on a 810lmr .. Can't get the mobo to post.. Have removed everything except one stick ram, power switch and power supply. CPU fan spins, but no beeps and no video.. Changed speaker polarity (just in case), still no beeps. Also, cannot hear drives spin up..

Any suggestions. This is the second PCchips 810LMR board to behave like this in two years.. Thank god the company has only two of these boards..

Relevancy 54.18%

I need to post on a message board, I have Vista and message board will not allow me to post or enter messages on the board.

What can I do?

Thanks
Cuini

Relevancy 54.18%

I've had this problem in the past where Nero thinks my burner is a 12X and not a 24X. This was easily solved by a reboot. Now however even after the speed test it will only allow me to burn at 12X. I am using a Sony CRX175E.

Relevancy 53.75%

I want to take my hard drive with the files (win98se) from a hp intel 500mhz celeron system and put it in a 1300mhz AMD board.
Before I do this should I remove most of the drivers etc before I switch over or should i leave it as is? I was just thinking that there would be a lot of conflicts if i don't prepare it for the move. What is the normal procedure? Thanks. Ed

Relevancy 53.75%

DP DP motherboard Q processor Quad core With Xp pro s end looming along with the fact that I Processor Intel - Board life & cycles Guesstimating Planning like to make images of the entire pc and clones Regardless will have to upgrade the OS and some of the Guesstimating Intel Board & Processor life cycles - Planning applications But with my system going on years old now wondering just how long the hardware behind this might keep plugging To boot they ve changed the sockets on the newer boards so if the processor alone goes out I ll probably still be into buying both Balancing costs with the amount of life left in this -- if I can get an extra years I would probably wait mainly because now is not the best time to be buying everything new software and OS is enough Then there is the idea that if something does go amiss between now and the expected breakdown I ll have to drop whatever it is that I m doing amp start from scratch yet again -- beginning with the system build -- gt clear to the new pc image Realizing this is not an easy question about all I can say is that the pc gets used several hours a day to days a week Personally I beleive the boards were better off years ago -- is it true Asus is involved with the newer Intels Win support is supposed to last to Jan -- if that s true a new OS and pc right before then would be timely Neopower has yet to be replaced All hard drives have nbsp

A:Guesstimating Intel Board & Processor life cycles - Planning

I see systems fail shortly out of the box and then I have clients running 20 year old systems for certain DOS based applications.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/guesstimating-intel-board-processor-life-cycles-planning.1121668/
Relevancy 53.75%

I bought Dell Dimension 4600 with P4 2.4Ghz and wanted upgrade to 3.0Ghz or higher. I want to make sure that I am buying a right CPU.

The spec said I can upgrade to 3.0Ghz/800FSB, but according to user win2kpro on this thread, he said my motherboard is D865PESO, so I went to the Intel website and find this page.

The page says that it supports Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor Extreme Edition supporting Hyper-Threading Technology† , so I follow the link which show that the motherboard supports 3.20 - 3.46Ghz/ 800FSB.

Since Dell said supports upto 3.0Ghz, my question is can I upgrade to P4 Extreme Edition 3.46Ghz?

Relevancy 53.75%

I've just installed a new mother board for an IBM netvista model 8311 63U
On startup it post and beeps twice and shows a message on 0167 no processor BIOS update.

If i ignore ...the system boots up to winxp home fine.
Using existing hard drive and away we go.

Concerns, on start up the fans (CPU and Case) start.. but then stop after the beeps. (They don't seem to start.. looking for a power shut off or something)...Sometimes the fans seem to kick in on their own much later

any direction appreciated

A:Solved: New mother board - error 00167 no processor update

Looks like I needed to do a Bios update.

Found this...
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-42952
Followed instructions, downloaded a new Bios update, created an update diskette, rebooted and followed displayed instructions.

Appears to have solve my problem.

Did it again... solved it myself ....posting for others who may have similar problems.

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-mother-board-error-00167-no-processor-update.393021/
Relevancy 53.75%

Any body recommend me a desktop board for following processor:-

Intel? Pentium? Processor E5200 (2M Cache, 2.50 GHz, 800 MHz FSB). Please prefer those board which easily available in any Indian E-commerce website.

A:Recommend Desktop Board for Intel® Pentium® Processor E5200

Hello avishnashrawat mate that is a fairly old CPU being a 775 socket and you will be looking at getting a used board unless you find something local new which I am doubting very much. Now I can only find the specs for the CPU and I cannot find anything of any use except it does support 64bit stuff but I cannot make out or see what memory is supported so.

Sorry but if it were me and I had this processor that is just what I would have to do. Now there are some good 1150 socket boards at a reasonable price out here at around $88 for the ASUS B85M-F Motherboard, and coupled with say a Pentium such as the Intel Pentium G3240 ($79) or Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition G3258 ($89) or even a Intel Celeron G1840 at $59 then you would have an up to date board and processor albeit they are quite basic but I would suggest they are superior to the CPU you have now. Plus you then just need the other components to suit ie RAM.

Now I understand you might be tied to a budget but truly I think you would be better off doing that than throwing good money after bad, because using used components is like playing Russian roulette - you just would not know what you are getting.

Anyway perhaps things might turn out and you find something that you are asking after - good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359780-recommend-desktop-board-intel-pentium-processor-e5200.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi - I think the audio hw on my mother board is shot. It's an emachine 3418 running win/xp.

Up until a few days ago it was working fine (had sound). Now nothing. The diagnostic properties for the device say it's working fine. But it's not. Desk speakers don't work, nor headphones. Also the front jack doesn't produce either.

Wondering, can I just put a PCI audio card in, and override the sound card on the motherboard?

Alternative debugging techniques welcome. Thanks in advance guys & gals.

Ed

A:Virgin post on this board - Realtek audio issue

Yes, you can install a PCI audio card. Just remember to disable onboard sound in the bios after you install the new sound card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-post-on-this-board-realtek-audio-issue.89056/