Windows Support Forum

Burning & then says wrong volume

Q: Burning & then says wrong volume

Hi everyone,
My name is Amanda, mommy of 2. Know some about computers but not everything and I don't know how to fix this. I have been using my burner just fine for days, now all of a sudden it's saying Wrong Volume, some type of error message like that. It has said that before with please insert Audio cd or it will say some other weird insert the file name.
So I'm not sure what's going on. What happen from a few days ago to now? I've been having this problem for the last couple of days now & I just got this computer like a week ago. So I'm trying to see if I just need to take all my stuff off of here (which isn't a lot) And just get a different computer.

Help please!!!

Amanda Webb
Thanks for reading and if you can help I really appreciate it. :wave:

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Burning & then says wrong volume

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Burning & then says wrong volume

Describe the computer, and whether a desktop or laptop... and tell us how frequently you burn items to a disk. Those units do wear out, and are one of the high volume failures on some computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-then-says-wrong-volume.177168/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ud3h-bk-mobo-realtek-ac1150-onboard-sound-issue-very-low-volume-and-crackling.217321/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a logik keyboard for pc and this what my keyboard gives instead

q gives `
w opens 'help' box on whatever programme is open
r gives 5
u gives 6
I gives =
p gives -
g gives b
h gives n
; gives '
' gives /

how can this be solved?

A:Why is my keyboard typing wrong characters

This might help you out!

How To Fix A Keyboard With Wrong Characters
http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Keyboard-That-Has-the-Wrong-Characters

Good luck and let us all know how the repair job went!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-my-keyboard-typing-wrong-characters.184068/
Relevancy 24.08%

Okay so I am starting this thread here seeing as how Clock and A10-6800K AMD Motherboard Wrong Setting Voltages Speeds the topic of the old one no longer applies to this situation I jumped ahead of myself trying to overclock this CPU which made me question the frequencies and voltages which are supposed to be set automatically by the motherboard I am having a tough time understanding all this I will post links to the exact AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds parts I am AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds using so whoever is keen enough to try to help will know what we re dealing with Motherboard MSI A X-G Gaming CPU AMD A - K Richland GHz Turbo Black Edition RAM Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR MHz PC V CPU-Z Screenshots After doing some AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds reading in regards to overclocking I have found out some details which are totally incorrect in my case For starters the FSB to DRAM Frequency Ratio from what I read is supposed to be some reported slightly higher ratios or something similar but CPUZ is showing which sounds absurd Also it s reporting the RAM as PC - at MHz and voltage at I haev Intel XMP enabled on the motherboard and the motherboard reports memory speed in BIOS at DDR- MHz Can someone analyze the above shot and information and clue me in as to what is wrong and what needs to be done I would really appreciate it because I am baffled I have no clue what the CPU-NB frequency and voltages are for so I don t want to mess with something I don t know anything about Anyway any and all help is much appreciated as always nbsp

A:AMD A10-6800K Motherboard Setting Wrong Voltages and Clock Speeds

Go into the BIOS and change the DRAM voltage to 1.60 or 1.65V and set the timing as u see XMP-2132

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-motherboard-setting-wrong-voltages-and-clock-speeds.208183/
Relevancy 24.08%

My year old ACER Aspire keyboard just stop working in a couple of capacities First the numbers on the key wouldn t type at all Checked Num Lock fine then stopped some thing... Laptop working wrong the type and keys tried to type numbers at top of keyboard well some typed the right number but most didn t or typed more than one number Ran Webroot Anti-spyware and Anti-Virus clean Then I shook my computer to see if any crumbs or foreign materials were throwing something off clean Took out battery nada Restored computer to the day before any problems Changed nothing Pressed every Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... key to see if something was stuck or key broken None The Delete Backspace Enter and Space Bar do NOT work at all So basically the entire keyboard is not working due Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... to something If I type any one key some of them type what I wanted but continue to type the letter or number until I log out of my Google Engine I have always had issues with the keyboard I will be typing along and the cursor will randomly go back to previous sentences and start typing what I am currently typing It is so annoying Why is it hopping all over the place A computer major friend who teaches computer classes said to write to Google and maybe I would find others with similar problems I found several quot sticky keys quot problems but none on point with none of the keys working or working properly He suggested perhaps a Trojan Horse virus but my sweeps come up clean Can anyone help me Thank you Shawnascy nbsp

A:Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing...

It could be a virus. But It also could just be your keyboard is bad. You may need to take it to your local repair shop if it. Is a laptop and have them check the keyboard out for you. I really do not think it is a virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-some-type-the-wrong-thing.204613/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello

When I play Diablo 3 I get some fps drops , usually at the same places. usually im around 130 FPS but can go down to 50 or even 25 sometimes when its bad. its not unplayable but its no fun at all.

The places are demanding I guess, there is a lot of **** on the screen and action all around.

My current setup :

Nvidia 780Ti HOF , goes to around 60C during load
i5 4570 goes to around 65 during load
8 GB ram,

Im assuming the 780Ti should be able to handle Diablo 3 even when its demanding?

I used an AMD r9 290 earlier and got the same issue at the same places.

Before I changed card from the 290 to 780Ti I formated my computer and installed Windows 8 Pro.

So it shouldnt be any software causing this,

Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it perhaps my CPU?

What can I do?

if you want to I can record the actual gameplay and show you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drop-when-playing-diablo-3-something-wrong-with-my-hardware.201463/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

I sometimes get FPS drops when playing Diablo 3, its usually in the same places and its a lot of spells and stuff on the screen so it should be demanding more power but still, my rig should be able to handle it I think?

Usually when I play im on 130 FPS but when the FPS drop occur ( Which is not so often ) I can go down all the way to 12 FPS ...

I have the following :

AMD R9 290 TRI-X OC 4GB
i5 4570
8GB RAM

Is this just something that I have to live with that diablo 3 is more demanding then I thought or is there something wrong with my setup , settings?

I have latest drivers and so on..

A:FPS drops Diablo 3, is something wrong with my rig?

Diablo 3 isnt that demanding. It could be an issue with the R9 290/current drivers and Diablo 3. I would try the following solutions to see if they help.
Option 1) Turn on V-sync (this probably wont help but it is worth a try).
Option 2) Clean Install the drivers by doing the following: uninstall the current ones with Display Driver Uninstaller or AMD Clean Uninstall Utility (people dont always have the best luck with this tool so I would use the first one) and then download and install the latest 13.12 stable driver.
LAST RESORT: Option 3) Download and install the latest beta driver. This could fix issues with newer cards like the 290 and certain games. If you do resort to this option and it doesnt work, make sure to clean install the latest stable driver by proceeding with the steps mentioned in option 2.

I hope this helps.

-JC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drops-diablo-3-is-something-wrong-with-my-rig.201234/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all!
C drive on my computer is almost full, I keep receiving notifications regarding no or less space in C drive. I have Partitioned my hard disk into 3 parts.
C drive is only 25 GB :/
D drive is 80 GB
E is close to 150 GB

I would like to increase my C drive space from 25 GB to 100 GB cutting E drive down . I am unable to do so through disk management. The option Extend Volume is grayed out. Please suggest an alternate way to increase the volume of my C drive. The OS I have is Windows 7 ultimate!!
Thank you in advance.

A:How to increase volume on C drive

0. Make sure you have everything you can't afford to lose backed up.
1. Get Easeus Partition Master (the free one for home use)
2. Shrink E
3. Expand D
4. Shrink D
5. Expand C

Partition Master may let you just shrink E and expand C, but if you have a traditional partition layout the steps I listed will have to occur (even if PM hides the middle ones).

Personally, I would do 1 step at a time and reboot between each. This way if something goes wrong your chances of recovering are much greater.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-increase-volume-on-c-drive.200779/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have recently installed a new power supply due to the fact that the other one had seen the light. Now when I try to start up the system, the POST test is just fine but then I get the message that there is a CMOS setting wrong. (See picture) The system boots in windows and everything looks okay except the fact that my mouse and keyboard are not working. Any advice on whats going on?

A:CMOS settings wrong

Did you try setting the bios to default? Or removing cmos battery for about 5 secs. ? This might reset the bios for you. This may resolve your problem. If not post back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-settings-wrong.200014/
Relevancy 24.51%

On my pc f12 is the Internet botton I clicked it and airplane mode came on I clicked it again and it wouldent let me connect bk pls help me :/

A:I clicked wrong button and now I can't connect to internet

Did you find the right button to click to get back on the Internet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-clicked-wrong-button-and-now-i-cant-connect-to-internet.199023/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a SONY Handycam that uses MP120 8mm Video Cassettes. I used this Handycam to tape home videos. When I use the playback feature on the Handycam it seems as if it is playing back in a slower speed. When I connect the Handycam to my computer and play back, it does the same thing. It is as if the camera was recording at a wrong speed. Is there any way I can control the speed of the video camera via computer, so that I can get the home videos transferred to DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8mm-home-video-playback-wrong-speed.199460/
Relevancy 24.94%

I am using a radeon 7970, Ever since I got my card several months ago, I have experienced some extremely strange problems that leads to my computer blue screening. While I am gaming at random times my screen distorts and things are stretched over the screen. I have not been able to find someone with the same problem. Is my card bad? Any possible fixes? Any help would be greatly apprenticed.

A:What is Wrong With My Graphics Card? (screenshots)

I suggest updating your driver but other than that, you probably should not have waited several months to report this because your warranty is most likely finished.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-wrong-with-my-graphics-card-screenshots.197567/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello, I went through the process of cleaning my mouse while the monitor was off and I'm fairly sure I clicked something maybe I shouldn't have but after that the whole keyboard was messed up..

E shows up as ]
D shows up as ''

Esc, start, [ , n, y, I, F1-F12 keys don't register, among a few others..

Things I've tried so I don't waste anyones time.. [Windows 7]
Changed Location, Keyboard Layout (English - US) is the only language
Ctrl - Shift x1/2, Alt - Shift x1/2, and pretty much any other variant I could think of.
Plugged another keyboard in, same thing.
Plugged keyboard in another computer, works like a charm.
Restarted, plugged and unplugged. Uninstalled and tried to update driver..

Nothing worked so far, hopefully you can can make something happen.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-typing-the-wrong-keys-not-registering-others.196300/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a Sony Vaio Windows 7 laptop that is a couple of years old. I recently had my Norton protection end and I turned on the Windows Defender, but my computer has been running really slow and acting up. I have been getting a S.M.A.R.T. hard drive error when my computer starts as well. I tried restoring my computer to an earlier setting, but that didn't work. I don't know what to do, and I really could use some help. When I ran an error check on the c hard drive this is what it said: WDC WD32 00BEVT-26A23T0 SATA Disk Device volume: c/. So please if anyone can help me fix this problem or how to fix it that would be great!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wdc-wd32-00bevt-26a23t0-sata-disk-device-volume-c.194628/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello!! This is my first post in this forum, so excuse any mistakes! :3
Here's my problem, I've recently had to reset my wireless to factory settings after some password change, but ever since the reset, it wasn' being detected by any of my devices (phone, laptop, psp etc..).
What's rather queer, is that I reinstalled the router (sagem 1704), on a desktop through the Ethernet cable.
Now it works just fine on the desktop, but isn't detected on my other advices.
Thank you for your help!!

A:What could be wrong with this router?

Which connections are failing: wifi or ethernet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-could-be-wrong-with-this-router.194024/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi.

Some how my Enter Key has started to mute and unmute the master volume.
Doesn't mater when I press the button. While playing a game or even using excel, every time I press enter volume mutes and the when I press enter again it unmutes.

I use Windows 7 ultimate bit64

Solutions please

A:Pressing Enter Key Mutes & Unmutes Master Volume

Hi Ronnie09,

The Enter key normally does not regulate volume control on most computers. What is the system model of your computer?

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell
For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pressing-enter-key-mutes-unmutes-master-volume.193160/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi Everyone As you can see by the title I m having a few strange issues At random points during the day my mouse moves and sometimes right clicks system volume mutes itself and turns itself down and lastly the DVD drive randomly opens them immediately closes a couple times a day First thought was quot Someone is playing a prank on me quot because it s my work computer and has various shadowing remote control tools on it like UltraVNC and Teamviewer however stopping these services did nothing Then I thought it might be a virus or hacking tool system runs Sophos anti-virus and the computer is behind a pretty powerful corporate firewall nonetheless I ran MalwareBytes HijackThis and Spybot Search amp Destroy and they found nothing I ve also tried replacing the mouse and keyboard just in case but still nothing Is anyone able to help shed some light on DVD Opening Mousing Volume By Themselves Muting and Moving, Drive these issues Not particularly keen to reformat my work machine and put myself out of action for a few hours Cheers David nbsp

A:Mousing Moving, Volume Muting and DVD Drive Opening By Themselves

Any updates on this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mousing-moving-volume-muting-and-dvd-drive-opening-by-themselves.191698/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,

I've had a problem with my speakers for a while. They will just stop working if I skip forward a few songs on iTunes. They also stop working when I skip forward in time in a song in iTunes, or when I skip forward in time on youtube videos.

Disabling and enabling the speakers in playback devices usually fixes this problem. Restarting my computer always fixes the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Volume Stops Working When Using Audio/Video Media

Can you tell me what is under the "Sound, video and game controllers" tab in device manager like this:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-stops-working-when-using-audio-video-media.191962/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have sold my computer yesterday and told the person to contact me if there are any issues. She did.
Apparently she is having issues that her microphone volume, both the one with webcam and the headphones, is too low. She said that she checked the settings in the audio control panel and everything was fine there.
I know it isn't a hardware issue because I did not have the same issue in either Windows 7 or Windows 8 on that computer. Before I gave the PC to her I did do a clean install of Windows 8.
I told her to install the Realtek drivers to see if that would fix the issue, but I am wondering if anyone else had that issue and what they'd done to fix it.

It's a built-in audio chipset Realtek ALC 887 on an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 with Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

A:Microphone volume is too low

Tell her to run these:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/AudioRecording/
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/AudioPlayback/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-volume-is-too-low.190926/
Relevancy 25.8%

Symptom When gaming with my buddies they are always complaining that my mic is way to low What I have Creative HS- Headset Plug and Play USB How I have set up so that voice chat comes through my ears and everything else goes through the speakers I use a program called Trillian with a Skype add-on What I tried Turning the mic volume up to the max in Trillian Turning the mic volume up to the max in the properties of the device Sound-Recording-Microphone Turning headset HS-720 problem) (mic Creative volume Automatic Gain Control off and putting everything up Turning AGC on Turned Listening off Switched to dvd quality Switched to cd quality Allow applications to take control skype in this case Googled for drivers but no luck at all Tried pushing it closer to my face then my friends complain of breathing noises which is quiet Additional Information I am running Windows bit Pro I have BT Infinity Internet Mbps Down Mbps Up The headset is plugged into a standard USB slot I have had Creative HS-720 headset (mic volume problem) this problem since I had the mic but never got around to trying to fix it until now Question How can I amplify my mic s volume for better use nbsp

A:Creative HS-720 headset (mic volume problem)

Bump

Does anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-hs-720-headset-mic-volume-problem.189741/
Relevancy 25.8%

My problem is I cant open the drive. But in My Computer window, it did display the drive but I cant do anything. Windows prompt me to format the disk which I already did but I got this popup "cannot open volume for direct access".

These are the solutions that I tried but failed:-

Use TestDisk but it doesnt even detect the drive.
Disk Management also didnt detect the drive.
Already used Command Prompt to repair the disk. It display this "Cannot open volume for direct access" which I run it as admin.

Here I provide a screenshot for reference.

A:Cannot open volume for direct access

Hmm; that's the primary partition with Windows on it - - can never format or partition the C:\ while booted from it

WHY are you attempting this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-open-volume-for-direct-access.189735/
Relevancy 24.94%

I am using a VPN to connect to the internet. Attached is a screen shot of the results of a network diagnosis I did on my computer. Could you please tell me what the high lighted items mean, and what I can do to rectify them.

Please check the rest of the items too, and advice me.

Regards,

A:What is wrong with the networking of my computer

Yeahhhh.. you need Internet to use a VPN. Give us more info.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-wrong-with-the-networking-of-my-computer.188907/
Relevancy 25.8%

Well here is the thing, I have bought JVC HA-M5X before let's say 1 month, so I have tested them on iPod and on another Machine but when I plug them in my PC they seem awfully low. They are 2 or 3 times louder on iPod or the another PC I have tried, they sound like I've plugged em in my phone. Here is a video and I'm sorry for my poor quality.

A:Windows 7 headphones volume problem

I have same problem.. with razer tiamat 2.2 and xonar dsx... very low output volume... I have tried many things to resolve but nothing has worked very well although I have seen best results using 16 bit, 44k to 48k sample rate, and I couldnt see in vid but if you have a digital output in playback tab leave it enabled and unmuted with speakers..., and in recording tab only have microphone and stereo mix enabled, disable the rest. also under communications tab change it to 'do nothing' option... I have found the front panel jack outputs much louder volume but doing that I dont beleive it takes advantage of the op amp in my xonar dsx sound card ... im still searching for a complete fix for this problem though.. hope this helps a bit atleast

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-headphones-volume-problem.187009/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD I wasn t able to back anything up so I cloned it instead turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome well I finally got that sorted out I think and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly Ive read numerous places online that involves editing Catalyst work doesn't Center after I driver wrong installed the Control the Assembly folder but I have no such keys in there when I try and run CCC it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn t be able to change any settings within the app basically Ive tried uninstalling installing trying ATI opposed to AMD- to Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver no anvil I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc but it almost seems impossible to get up and running I am very desperate to get this up and running thanx in advance nbsp

A:Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center-doesnt-work-after-i-installed-the-wrong-driver.187782/
Relevancy 51.6%

I use DVD-R for almost a month only thing on it is pictures and word doc so nothing can go to wrong I do back ups I would say almost times a week I have use this DVD-R for almost a month and every thing is working okay Now gone showing burning wrong DVD disc nothing now on the sessions some thing gone wrong When I click start computer DVD drive it shows no DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing files nothing It like the files got DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing deleted or it cannot see the files When I right click on the drive and click on properties it shows MB used and that is about right I don t know what to do it like the files got deleted or it cannot see the files But the properties it shows MB used that about right I was using windows vista built in burning software This all stop working after I copy an paste folder to other folder on the disc I than tried Nero the basic burning software and when in Nero burning software I click on analyze disc it shows sessions and MB used and that is about right I than tried to make copy of bad disc When I click copy disc it copies it and than tells me to put in new disc and copies to it but it is still not showing up when I click on start computer DVD drive So it seems it still there but for some reason it cannot see it nbsp

A:DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing

Burning multiple sessions to a DVD-R disk is most likely the problem. (Ideally, you should be using an external hard drive to backup) You should use DVD-RW, rewritable, disks and just burn everything in one session, close the disk; then move onto next DVD-RW, burn everything, close disk. continue this until you are back to the original disk in a rotation, then erase the disk, and continue on.
As for why you cannot see data on the DVD-R disk, it's most likely because of the multiple sessions. On a DVD-R or +R disk you should burn once, and be done with it. You might be able to recover data with a 3rd party program, but since it's optical media my hopes are not high. Be sure to have the "show hidden files & folders" option ticked on so maybe, if the files are hidden on the DVD-R disk you might be able to see them.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope this helps you in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-gone-wrong-now-disc-showing-nothing.184420/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have an year old Acer laptop Everything was alright until this my wrong laptop Something's :( with summer when it started to freeze occasionally Here are some exaples when and how it freezes BTW I sometimes get Something's wrong with my laptop :( a BSOD or just a shutdown but mainly freezes It freezes more when I start a game or a hardware intensive tasks But it s not an overheating problem because I could play a game for hours it would get very hot and still run normally but when I exit the game and start web browsing that is were I expect a freeze When it freezes I have to hold the power button for - sec to shut it down and when I try to turn it on sometimes the screen won t go on for some reason and I have to repeat the turning off on process a couple of times It even happens if I have an external monitor plugged in I tried to run memtest but it didn t find any errors so I assume its not the RAM I am really struggeling without a normal working laptop because I am a student and I dont like to go through it in my classes And buying a new laptop is not an option right now Waiting for suggestions Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Something's wrong with my laptop :(

It maybe your on board graphics chip. Hold on though maybe someone here will have a few ideals . You might want to post your BSOD and system specs ,Plus the make and model

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/somethings-wrong-with-my-laptop.183447/
Relevancy 25.37%

Okay, now, I would not write here if I could access google.​
My strange problem is that I can only access some websites, like trueroleplay.com, techspot.com, etc small websites. Skype works, BF3 works, samp works. Just not big sites like google, facebook. I have no idea why would this happen. Tested on stationary PC with cable connection, laptop with Wifi and an iPhone with wifi too. all have the same problem. tried restarting router, restarting pc, etc. Virus? I have no idea. ​Maybe some one can atleast google it? as I can't do it myself... thank you all <3​

A:Something wrong with my Internet

bielius said:

Okay, now, I would not write here if I could access google.​
My strange problem is that I can only access some websites, like trueroleplay.com, techspot.com, etc small websites. Skype works, BF3 works, samp works. Just not big sites like google, facebook. I have no idea why would this happen. Tested on stationary PC with cable connection, laptop with Wifi and an iPhone with wifi too. all have the same problem. tried restarting router, restarting pc, etc. Virus? I have no idea. ​Maybe some one can atleast google it? as I can't do it myself... thank you all <3​Click to expand...

Well, for starters, try this http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
Paste the URL from the website you're trying to get to into the box that shows "Google.com" w/o the quotes, then click OR just me & it'll tell you if the website is down or if its your pc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/something-wrong-with-my-internet.182186/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello, ​recently I bought a CM v6GT. while I was putting it in the ​cpu socket​ on the motherboard cracked and my cpu fit in one side only.the other side just popping out. should I just force the cpu into the socket ?​

A:Something is wrong with my mobo

should I just force the cpu into the socket ?Click to expand...

No, definitely not! You want to get a replacement and report that to the manufacture. To try and force it in, you risk damaging your CPU. Then you would be out of a MOBO and CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/something-is-wrong-with-my-mobo.181636/
Relevancy 24.94%

I recently bought a 1TB external drive in the first month was the paradise of about three months here been hell ...

The problem is that the windows when i connect the disk, sometimes it correctly detects and installs the correct drivers, other times it detects wrong and installs other wrong drivers.
When you install the wrong windows drivers in Disk Manager says that is not present or does not detect the capacity, despite the indication that I have the the connected USB device. Another indicator light is always on the disc, rather than intermittently (indicating that it is accessing data) ...

To be even more difficult the drivers are registry keys ...

Have tested it on several PC with W7 and XP sp3 and the problem still occurs ...

Have I contacted the support of the disc but the impression I got is that understand of hardware even less than me ...

Can you help me please!!

A:Wrong plug-and-play drivers

OMG! what is the brand/make/model of the external drive in question?!? I have never heard of a known brand to do something like that unless the enclosure itself is hosed and/or beginning to fail. Post back & let me know, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-plug-and-play-drivers.179651/
Relevancy 21.5%

I recently installed a new WD 160Gb drive. I partitioned, formated (NTFS) and installed Windows XP SP3 (using the Windows XP setup program). However, the system has reversed my CD drive and the HD letters.

It gave the HD "E" and the CD drive "C". (It should be the other way around) I can not change the HD letter back to "C". It says I can't change the boot volume letter assignment.

I set the boot sequence in the bios to boot from the CD first, the way it should be for installing a OS, right?

What did I do wrong? Why did it assign my CD drive "C" and my HD to "E"?

Scott

A:New hard drive assigned wrong drive letter..

Hello. Correct boot sequence, not sure why the letters are reversed - you might be able to (carefully!) correct them, article here seems to explain it fairly well? http://www.petri.co.il/change_system_drive_letter_in_windows_xp.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-assigned-wrong-drive-letter.181370/
Relevancy 25.37%

when i plug in my memory stick and do a search on it it say please insert the last disk of the multi-volume set and click ok whats gone wrong please

A:Memory stick -- insert last disk of multi-volume set?

it could be that the zip file is part of a lot more files. they are usually broken up into smaller parts to upload, and you need all of them to decompress the file.

or the file didnt completly transfer onto the USB drive, or has become currupted/damaged.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-stick-insert-last-disk-of-multi-volume-set.180363/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,I browsed trough hundreds of threads and I still haven't fixed my problem.
Which is mainly this - my mic is too low on volume (I use headphones).
If I install Realtek AC97 Audio Driver 4.06 the mic works fine,but then sound comes from the speakers AND the headphones as well.If I install the HD driver - then the same old low volume.
Don't tell me to go to control panel - sound and audio etc - Volume options enable mic etc etc - Did that thousands of times.
I also re-installed all AC'97 codecs and ALL of auido drivers.
I just can't seem to increase the volume.No mic boost thing works,no calibration in MicCal works.Nothing works.
Here is my dx diag
mediafire[dot]com/?47jvbrb946aamq4
can someone please tell what is wrong.

A:Microphone volume is low with Realtek HD audio

did you try going to the control panel>>>sound and audio>>>Volume options enable mic etc etc?

What OS are you using? If Win 7, Try right-clicking the speaker in the bottom-right notification area and open volume mixer to adjust your output levels.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-volume-is-low-with-realtek-hd-audio.179500/
Relevancy 26.66%

Occasionally I will get errors in my event viewer when I burn a music dvd or data disc. The errors are, device cdrom has a bad block and nvgts errors. If nvgts is to do with nvidia then what would that have to do with my dvd writer? I noticed after that dvd was made it had a cyclic redundancy check errors on it and it was a brand new disc. Also it gave me crc errors and the same errors in event viewer of cdrom and nvgts when trying to copy the disc contents to the hard drive. What I don't get is what would cause these errors when burning a disc and how did a brand new disc get crc errors? If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank You!

A:Errors when burning discs

Replace it. Asus, LG, Lite-On, Samsung, Plextor, and Pioneer all have DVD-RW optical drives in the $18 to $30 price range. Why put up with a troublesome unit when they are so inexpensive.
Optical drives, DVD-Rw drives wear out quickly... depend on it to fail within a year, and if used a lot it can fail in five months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errors-when-burning-discs.177687/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello everyone

I'm having a problem with my DVD burner... actually I've had it for almost two years now, but I only decided that enough is enough with this thing and I want to find a solution for it.

The long and short of it is this. Whenever I try to burn something on my DVD, it fails at the end and gives me an 'input/output' error and ejects the DVD. I have no idea why this happens. I should note that my DVD drive is fine otherwise, it can play DVDs and CDs without any problem. If anyone needs any additional information, I even saved the log-file that the my DVD burning software saved after it was finished.

Can anyone lend a hand? Thanks in advance.

A:Input/output error when burning DVDs

What software are you using? Try CDBurnerXP, it's free.
Also, try a different manufacturers DVD's.
And you could look for a firmware update for the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/input-output-error-when-burning-dvds.177467/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have just bought a Acer laptop. The model, as it says on my laptop, Aspire 4752-6838.

The problem is that my fn hotkeys do not work for raising and lowering the volume or muting or playing. That would be fn + up, fn + down, and fn + f8, respectively.

Interestingly enough, my fn hotkeys work for other functions like num lock, brightness. Im not sure about my other fn keys working, but i dont have a need for them, so i dont care. However i really want to use my fn hotkeys for volume control.

Is there any way to enable this? Or does any one know where this problem arises and a solution?

BTW i read the manual and it doesn't help me with my problem. I also tried searching google and found no help either. If anyone knows where else i can look, that would help too.

A:My fn hotkeys do not work for volume control

Take it back to where you bought it and have them take a look. It could be a faulty keyboard. What version of Windows are you running? Have you run Windows update till no more updates are found?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-fn-hotkeys-do-not-work-for-volume-control.175048/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I searched the internet using google and came across a post from on this forum which discussed the problem I am having although it didn t seem to have a conclusion the assistance given was very good I have a fujitsu-siemens scaleo unrecoverable Windows problems to volume appears XP The more or contain one t desktop which from the posts I have read seems like my hard drive is on it s last legs Which is ok because I recently bought a seagate external hard drive so that I could backup and copy all the files from my pc which I had been using mainly for storage as I have a laptop I had an idea that as the make of the pc is not all that good I may start to have problems and was trying to pre-empt unfortunately it seems the pc has beaten me to it and started to die before I could get all the files off the hard drive onto the seagate I got to m in the folders and am really desperate to recover the rest of the files especially one of photos Sorry to be so long winded but thought the more information I can give to my situation the better it is I have rebooted from the cd and the The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP windows xp disk which did not complete I have done a chkdsk r whcih came up with this message I rebooted with the windows disk in and started the process again and got the message the following list shows the exiasting partitions etc etc Unknow Disk there is no disk in this drive Options given ENTER Install D Delete Partition F Quit I haven t gone any further as I didn t want to possibly jeopardise retriving my files What can I do All help greatly The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Windows XP

If it is within your budget, buy an external hard drive enclosure which operates with a USB or Firewire cable (depending on what you can use). They are available at many online stores such as Directron, NewEgg, Frys, and on eBay...
Do NOTHING more with your computer. Remove the hard drive now. When you get the external enclosure, insert your failing hard drive, then plug the "enclosed" hard drive into your new or restored computer, where you often locate the needed files and folders and drag them across,. This does not work everytime, but most of the time, the hard drive will not boot because of damage to the outer edge of the disks, but you can still see the data on the drive when it is on a USB connection.
Once you find you can access the old hard drive via a USB connection, do NOT turn it off or disconnect until you have rescued and verified all the data and images.
You may find that it works slowly and takes a lot of time, but it is surprising how often this will work to rescue stuff that is important to you.
If an external enlosure is not available to you, you may be able to insert the drive into another coputer as a slave, with changes to the jumper, and find them that way.
This works because the old drive no longer has to boot. It is not fool proof, but the only other method is to have a rescue company recover the data... it usually costs a lot of money... starting at $55 to test, and as much as $500 to retrieve the files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-volume-appears-to-contain-one-or-more-unrecoverable-problems-windows-xp.174242/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey all! Ive been having this crazy issue that if I put my master volume over 50% it starts making this high pitch squelching noise and it only goes away if you mute it. Im using a Creative SB X-FI sound card but thats not the issue. Ive replaced it with 2 totally different sound cards with the same result. Went in and completely removed all drivers and reinstalled with the most up to date drivers with the same result. Ive even placed the different cards in different slots on the board. I dont understand. Plus to make issues worse my mic doesnt want to work either. Maybe there is a conflict on my board or something? Im at a loss. Help!!

A:Sound is distorted when over 50% volume

Time to remove the software, then use something like RegEdit to take off all remnants of the old install, and THEN reinstall the drivers... that will tell you if the issue is elsewhere requiring a reinstall of Windows... or a Repair install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-distorted-when-over-50-volume.174192/
Relevancy 25.37%

hey guys i recently just bought a 2GB stick of ram because the price was right. Im at 8 GB now and its not the same brand and etc as the other 3 that came with the PC i hear that this can cause issues and make it slower then before... soo i took a pic using CPU-z to compare the frequency's . The one on the left is with the new Chip, the one on the right is without.. as you can see there are 2 Numbers that are different, is this a cause for concern? or should everything work smoothly?

A:RAM upgrade -- is something wrong?

The numbers are hard to see, even when zooming in on the image.

I couldn't tell which value was different.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-upgrade-is-something-wrong.173045/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an Acer aspire one netbook and I've heard about some keyboard problems. My volume function isnt working at all. All the other function keys work except for the volume control (up and down arrow). They work when scrolling etc. They only DONT work when I have the function key pressed as well. Help!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-function-key-problem-only-volume-function-not-working.172884/
Relevancy 25.8%

On my Windows computer I think I have a block on adding new storage devices As if i plug in a usb hard drive I get a Yellow ! point under Storage Devices as well if I add a new sata HDD internally.
Any Ideas
Thanks for any help.

A:Generic volume yellow problem

What is this computers make and model? What version of Windows is it running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/generic-volume-yellow-problem.172289/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

On my new laptop I have no mic level (Conexant SmartAudio HD) so I cannot listen to the mic back, any ideas

Thanks

A:No mic volume

Laptops normally have 2 mic devices, one being the one built into the laptop, and another for external mics going into the mic port on the side of the laptop. You need to make sure you've set the correct one to be your default mic. If you're using an external mic, it's quite common for the mic device to be invisible in many menus when the mic isn't plugged into the mic port, but if the mic is plugged in, are you sure the device itself is enabled?

The screenshot you provided is the properties of a playback device, you need to find your recording device and go to properties on that to find the mic level

Right click your speaker cone bottom right near the clock on your task bar, then click recording devices, here you'll be able to see whats going on. If your mic device is disabled, right click and go to enable. Check your volume level in properties, and if you're still having trouble, get back to me providing more screenshots if you can

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-mic-volume.170934/
Relevancy 25.8%

Bought a 570 Gtx by EVGA to replace my 9800 GT, But it seems to me like its having more problems and is slower than before but it does kinda run games like warhamer 40k that i couldn't run its just not what was promised with horrible framerates. I can't even play WoW without framerate spikes in the starter zone.

Idk how to check whether or not my pci- e is 1.0 or 2.0 also i checked dxdiag and it says 16x lanes but i'm still unsure heres my system info.

Try and set up your thread giving us the information as a list;

1. Acer f672cr
2. Graphic interface - PCIe
3. Memory -DDR2 4096
4. CPU - Intel Pentium D 925
5. CPU Speed - 3000.0 MHZ
6. Power Supply Make/Model -Thermaltake/ Black Widow
7. Watt output/Amperage 850
5. Country- USA

A:Did I buy the wrong GPU?

I think it could be a bottleneck. Did you install the card, or did you have it installed by someone else?

Go download Speccy, or everest to see if you have the correct GPU if that is what you are afraid of.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/did-i-buy-the-wrong-gpu.171277/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello Techspot,

on my PC I found some windows 7 professional 64 bit and 32 bit isos. These are from my friend who built my PC. I currently have a 32 bit. I would like to update to a 64 bit. I will be using a DVD-RW type DVD and my optical drive: BENQ DVD DD DW1640 ATA Device.

My question is, will the optical drive be capable of burning the iso to the DVD-RW?

The description of the optical drive from Speccy can be found in the attachment.

Thanks

A:Burning Windows 7 64-bit ISO using Benq DVD DD DW1640 ATA device

Looks like it'll support both +RW & -RW. More importantly, what size is the ISO? I've only seen 4.7GB rewritable DVD. So if the ISO is bigger than that, then you'll have to burn it to a double layer DVD. Which looks like your drive will support also.

You have a retail version of Win7 or OEM? You might want to look into whether your existing key/license is still valid after you upgrade it to 64bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-windows-7-64-bit-iso-using-benq-dvd-dd-dw1640-ata-device.170070/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys Here is an interesting one for you For a few days now I noticed that issuing DHCP wrong IP address computer on this network has been issued the wrong IP address It is a Windows XP Pro SP PC using a internal Realtek LAN adapter DHCP issuing wrong IP address Using DHCP issued from a wire ADSL router Default DHCP configuration IP Address Range - gt Subnet Default Gateway However this computer has been issued with IP Address Subnet Default DHCP issuing wrong IP address Gateway DHCP Server DNS Server Internet still works but network drive access doesn t All computers are plugged into a NetGear port network switch with cable going to the Wire ADSL router Everyone else on the network is correct and so was this PC up until last Thursday The system was being used in the morning Had a blackout and ever since this problem has occured Trying a few things gives these results Restarting the router and network switch - Made no change Restarting the PC - Made no change Disable Windows Firewall - Made no change Disable AVG AntiVirus - Made no change Disconnected LAN cable - Address issued was the default auto config address Reconnected cable - Went back to Repaired Connection - Made no change IPCONFIG RELEASE - Gave address IPCONFIG RENEW - Gave address Used Setup Network Connection Wizard - Made no change There is only a single LAN adapter in the system and ICS is not enabled Have got them out of trouble by using a static IP address and everything works fine however doesn t solve the DHCP problem Anyone have any thoughts what is going on here nbsp

A:DHCP issuing wrong IP address

NotVeryWiseOne said:

Here is an interesting one for you. For a few days now I noticed that 1 computer on this network has been issued the wrong IP address. It is a Windows XP Pro SP3 PC using a internal Realtek LAN adapterClick to expand...

ok

There is only a single LAN adapter in the system and ICS is not enabled. Have got them out of trouble by using a static IP address and everything works fine however doesn't solve the DHCP problem.Click to expand...

as dhcp ONLY serves to autoconf the client and you've setup static settings, actually you are DONE. The caveat of course is that you would like (I hope) to have one point of control from the DC side. Let's see ...

Using DHCP issued from a 2wire ADSL router
Default DHCP configuration
IP Address Range 10.0.0.1 -> 10.0.0.99
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 10.0.0.138 << atypical here but valid; normally the router is the gateway
.....................................................and it would be at 10.0.0.1 and the dhcp range 2-100

However this computer has been issued with
IP Address 120.151.90.99
Subnet 255.255.255.248
Default Gateway 120.151.90.98
DHCP Server 10.0.0.138
DNS Server 10.0.0.138Click to expand...

one would hope the DNS would be on your DC or a public ISP; sure bizarre.
(there's a remote chance of something else, but let's defer that discussion for now)

Normally, the client BROADCASTS on x.x.x.255 port 68 and gets back
the DHCP address and proceeds from there.

=== that leads to this issue Node Type = = =

get Regedit
go to the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters
set DhcpNodeType = 1 (if not found create a REG_DWORD and get the spelling and case as shown)
set NodeType = 8 (same comment " " )

Looks like the client has junk in the static config.
Use View Network Connections (on the ailing system) right-click Local Lan->Properties
scroll to Tcp/IP, click properties
On the General Tab, click both Obtain xxx Automatically and ensure everything else is empty.
Click the Advance button at the bottom
* IP settings tab: shows DHCP Enabled; default gateway is empty [x] auto metric
* DNS tab: everything empty and [x] Append primary & connection specific DNS suffixes
* WINS tab: at the bottom; NetBios setting [x] Default
.... you decide the WINS and Enable LMHOSTS lookup for your DC
* Options tab: shows TCP/IP filtering; click properties button
.... [x] all three Permit All

Click OK three times to get back to the top, click close

get a command prompt (start->run->cmd (using admin of course)
enter

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"
(yes, keep the quotes)

disconnect this system from the lan and wait 30 seconds and then reconnect
wait another 30 seconds and rerun /ipconfig /all

the Node Type should show up as Hybrid

Internet still works but network drive access doesn't.Click to expand...

because it is on the WRONG subnet

All computers are plugged into a NetGear 16 port network switch with 1 cable going to the 2Wire ADSL router.

Everyone else on the network is correct and so was this PC up until last Thursday. The system was being used in the morning. Had a blackout and ever since this problem has occured.

Trying a few things gives these results.
Restarting the router and network switch - Made no change
Restarting the PC - Made no change
Disable Windows Firewall - Made no change
Disable AVG AntiVirus - Made no change
Disconnected LAN cable - Address issued was the default 169 auto config address
Reconnected cable - Went back to 120.151.90.99
Repaired Connection - Made no change
IPCONFIG /RELEASE - Gave address 0.0.0.0
IPCONFIG /RENEW - Gave address 120.151.90.99
Used Setup Network Connection Wizard - Made no changeClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-issuing-wrong-ip-address.169737/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have just recently ordered some parts to build my own gaming computer. I purchased this processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

and this motherboard:GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2P AM3 NVIDIA GeForce 7025/nForce 630a chipset Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

The FSB on the motherboard says 1000MHz Hyper Transport (2000 MT/s), the FSB of the processor says 4000mhz.

Is this a problem? motherboard says its ready to take on the 6-core AMD processor that i purchased. Is this going to be a problem. If someone could tell me what would happen if i put them together i would greatly appreciate it. im freaking out right now.... think i just wasted money on this mobo.

A:I think I bought the wrong motherbaord for my processor!

According to the Gigabyte site there are two revisions of this board, Rev 1.0 and Rev 3.0. The AMD Phenom II X6 1090T is not on the Supported Cpu list for Rev 1.0 but is supported on Rev 3.0
The following note is on the product page for both revisions:

* If you install AMD AM3 CPU on this motherboard, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0 (5200MT/s) to HT1.0 (2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM3 CPU will not be impacted. Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.Click to expand...

If I'm reading this right it appears that you'll need Rev 3.0 to run the 1090T but it will still degrade from HT 3 to HT 1. Here are the Cpu support lists off the Gigabyte site.

Socket AM3 - NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a - GA-M68MT-S2P (rev. 1.0)

Socket AM3 - NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a - GA-M68MT-S2P (rev. 3.0)

Personally, I would recommend that you return your current board if possible and upgrade to a that natively supports the 1090T.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-bought-the-wrong-motherbaord-for-my-processor.168106/
Relevancy 24.51%

Righty then methinks I gots here an olde Canon MP know It s about years old and I m tasked with getting it back up and running It worked perfectly fine right until yesterday - when all of a sudden a wild Error appeared First things first I do not have to actually fix it If some component is permanently broken fine as long as I know why it s broken and which component I m satisfied Symptoms I can and do access Print and I print a cartridge error: wrong MP730 - Canon document just Canon MP730 - error: wrong cartridge like any printer Document is being sent to s-pool Canon MP730 - error: wrong cartridge Says on computer that There has been an error Looks over at printer eq to POST code has appeared quot WRONG CARTRIDGE quot I always have a load of different cartridges laying around So I swap them all for the recommended genuine Canon MP730 - error: wrong cartridge OEM Canon cartridges just like new quot WRONG CARTRIDGE quot I m puzzled So what should can I do I am very interested in hearing some TechSpot-members thoughts Also I m translating the error message there is a chance that those who coded the printer in my language did so very badly not uncommon - e g there is a possibility that the error message is actually supposed to be quot Wrong Cassette quot My goal Preferably get the printer back up and running Secondarily if unfixable sit back and enjoy the error-reading on TechSpot The printer has never been cleaned - so maybe I have to change the ink depository if there is one some pardon for poor translation from my native tounge nbsp

A:Canon MP730 - error: wrong cartridge

80 views and no suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/canon-mp730-error-wrong-cartridge.164751/
Relevancy 25.8%

My Windows XP Dell pc runs M-Powered ProTools with an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card installed. The card's analog outputs drive my pair of nearfields. But I would like to have wireless volume and mute control. Can someone recommend one or more wireless remote models?

A:Wireless volume/mute remote for Windows XP

Does your computer have an infrared port? It's a small red plastic square usually located in the rear...
Infrared Remote

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-volume-mute-remote-for-windows-xp.165136/
Relevancy 26.66%

Updated memory on Diemension dell 1100. Put the sticks in wrong way. Turned on, no action
but a burning smell. Powered down and inserted chips correctly. PC ok now but would there have been any
permanent damage and is there a remote risk of the PC going on fire ?

A:Burning smell upgrading RAM

It's hard to see without me seeing it personally. If it's working OK now I'd continue to use it as normal. However obviously they're not designed to work with backwards memory hehe.

I'd do a backup of your data just in case, and then keep an eye on things and see how it goes. I doubt the machine will catch on fire. Check the motherboard for any signs of blown capacitors or scorch marks maybe?

Can't remember the last time I dealt with improperly installed memory and then tried to boot so sorry I can't offer up more suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-smell-upgrading-ram.163931/
Relevancy 25.37%

hi all this is a update to my other post. i now realised what was causing the screeching sound. having levels on my monitor up causes noise from the computer to be heared. before i upgraded having the monitors on 0% would be silent and turning up would not give of noises. now having them at 0% music plays with no noises and can be controled in windows but wont reach loud levels because of the speakers being at -30db. im guessing there is a setting somewhere that can be altered to lower the system volume so i can just turn up the monitors themselvs?

i am using realtek hd audio on a gigabyte x58 usb3 and vista 32

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitors-playing-sound-at-0-volume-turning-up-causing-interference.163276/
Relevancy 24.94%

Ok so recently I purchased a gtx hawk and have been having major problems in my games I have flickering during different effects in SC and major color issues in Rift Essentially any game I play has an issue Here is a rundown of my system ASUS M A TD-V EVO motherboard AMD Phenom II x CPU Overclocked to Ghz and cores as th was unstable GB G Skill Ripjaws DD Ram - - - timings MSI GTX Hawk Antec Eco Neo W PSU WD Caviar blue GB HDD Windows XP SP -Bit Ok so heres the wierd part the issue 460 and color Rift Wrong WoW on GTX with fills is temporarily solved whenever I reinstall the graphics drivers but the issue returns after a bit I would be playing starcraft II and all of a sudden the game crashes and when I open it back up the issue has Wrong color fills with GTX 460 on WoW and Rift returned and I have to reinstall the graphics drivers My graphics card is not overheating as it is in a very well ventilated case and is running at stock speeds and I have also monitored the temps and they remain very low I am fairly certain the card is not defective as I have already RMAed one and they simply replaced it with a new one Any ideas on what could be wrong nbsp

A:Wrong color fills with GTX 460 on WoW and Rift

I realize now I probably did not give enough information so I am going to add specs and a picture of what the error looks like

ASUS M4A785TDV- EVO MOBO
G. Skill DDR3 1600 4gigs RAM
MSI Hawk Talon Attack GTX 460 1GB Video Card
Western digital caviar blue 500gb HDD
Windows XP 32bit OS

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/9295/riftglitch.png

the error will usually go away if i reboot the game but will occasionally progress and cause BSODs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-color-fills-with-gtx-460-on-wow-and-rift.161285/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I have a Dell Studio 1555 laptop, and for some reason the left volume is roughly 50% louder than the right.. so i have to adjust balance to get them to sound even, but doing that the total volume goes down and i want it on full volume! anyone know a fix for this? after googling i see there seems to be quite a few people with this problem who have a dell laptop...
also "I think" the problem is only there when the headphones are plugged in, not through the laptop speakers...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1555-volume-problem.162219/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I m looking for some help figuring out what is wrong with a laptop I bought It is a Cybercom MD it had Windows XP installed but it wouldn t boot I would get the BSOD I booted up from the what's bought Let's with figure out I wrong a laptop. dodgy it Windows XP disc I get to the part where I am to create a partition I previously deleted the old one in Acronis Disk Director when I press C to do so the computer reboots If I boot into Acronis Disk Director and manually create an NTFS partition set it active then boot from the Windows I bought a dodgy laptop. Let's figure out what's wrong with it XP disc I press enter to install onto that partition and it gets stuck almost immediately after that at the part where it says quot examining disk id lt numbers gt bus lt numbers gt MBR Sometimes it will reboot instead of freezing I have also tried installing several Linux distros they all freeze early on and I can t tell what part it is that it freezes at I have scanned the entire HD thoroughly with HDD Regenerator and it says there are no errors My thought is maybe the HD is dodgy But HDD Regenerator said the thing is squeaky clean Maybe it s an MBR problem What I plan on trying tomorrow it s bed time now is creating a FAT partition and installing windows I also plan on deleting I bought a dodgy laptop. Let's figure out what's wrong with it the MBR to see if that makes any difference does anyone have any ideas on what this could be or any suggestions for me to try I d appreciate any help I can get nbsp

A:I bought a dodgy laptop. Let's figure out what's wrong with it

Have you got any spare RAM to try in it? Any amount will prove the point--even 512MB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-bought-a-dodgy-laptop-lets-figure-out-whats-wrong-with-it.161282/
Relevancy 26.66%

A laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I adjust the volume with the taskbar slider, and even using the mixer to turn system volume to 100, it's never loud enough. Certain games are barely audible without headphones. It's never done this before.

A:Volume not loud enough

Did the sound output suddenly drop?

Have you tried this:

Go to Control Panel and select Sound. In the Sound box under playback check that speakers are set as the default device. Double left click on Speakers and then click on the Levels tab and check the position of the volume control, there may be room to increase it, just click on the volume control and drag it to a higher setting. Click on OK then OK again. Play something and see if it is any better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-not-loud-enough.160757/
Relevancy 21.5%

First time posting blush Situation I have two hard drives main drive Seagate GB w windows xp and second drive WD TB blank Without backing up the main drive ops i went ahead and enabled RAID on both drives and created a RAID volume KB strip Size TB GB NOTE the RAID volume size is only showing the exact space of the TB excluding the GB drive After realizing that I needed to create a backup image of my main drive to use RAID with an existing drive I m left with the quot Operating System Not Found quot message RAID volume disks deleting to RAID non-RAID issue - restore Question If I Delete RAID Volume which is based on the size from the blank TB drive will both drives become available as non-RAID disks and keep the original data on the GB main drive and be able to run windows again I m using software RAID through Intel Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v I understood that quot Resetting the drives to Non-Raid quot will cause all data on the disk to be lost so this isn t the approach that RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks I ll be taking til I find a solution to backup my data However from reading the quot Delete RAID Volume quot option it listed Deleting a volume will destroy the volume data on the drive s and cause any member disks to become available as non-RAID disks so knowing that the RAID Volume is blank then maybe trying this will be the answer When using the Microsoft Recovery Console in RAID mode attached w both drives logically there isn t any directories files found At the moment I m seeing if I can find any data in the MR Console with RAID disabled and accessing only the main drive Just wondering if Knoppix or Data recovery softwares can backup the data Thanks to anyone taking the time to read my post nbsp

A:RAID issue - deleting RAID volume to restore non-RAID disks

sadly, there's no way to do what you want without an existing backup.

Look at it this way;
A disk has a container ~ the partition.
The partition as a structure ~ the filesystem (eg NTFS, FAT32, RAID).
We put our data into the structure.

When we create backups, we are getting only the data itself (unless you use an image program like Ghost or Acronis where you get all three).

Deleting the RAID will give back the two independent HDs, but also breaks the structure so that the data becomes in accessible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-issue-deleting-raid-volume-to-restore-non-raid-disks.160717/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have had two Scepter X226W-1920 monitors for about a year, both operating at 1920x1080 resolution. When I turned my computer on today, the resolution for the second monitor was 1600x1200 and when I tried to change it that was the highest resolution available. Windows detects my primary monitor as "X226W-1920" but the second one shows up as "Generic Non-PnP monitor". I have updated all my drivers and restarted my computer several times. The strange part is that they have been functioning correctly for almost a year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-monitor-suddenly-the-wrong-resolution.160076/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello everyone. After much googling and my own attempts, I'm still having difficulties with my mic. It works some of the time, and when it does it's super quiet although I have all the volume controls all the way up.

I own an Asus Eee Pc 1001p. It has Windows 7 Starter, Intel 82801 PCI Bridge 2448, and also the lovely Realtek HD software crap that seems awful from what I've read. The mic is built into the laptop.

I've turned up the volume, checked to make sure boost was on in just about every place: windows controls, skype controls, and realtek controls. The mic will work sometimes, but like I said it's pretty quiet when it does. And sometimes it doesn't even work at all.

Thank you for reading

A:Mic not working after checking all kinds of volume controls

Do you mean when you speak into the mike the sound that comes out is quiet, this sounds to me like it could be a sound card problem have a look in the device manager to see if there are problems devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mic-not-working-after-checking-all-kinds-of-volume-controls.159405/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a computer that was put together. I have a LG Internal Super Multi DVD Rewriter that should burn dvd's! Recently i've been trying to burn some movies onto them so i can watch them on tv. I'm using Memorex 16x 4.7gb DVD-R and i've used like two or three different burning programs but im not sure if its the discs, disc drive, or burning programs. So far i've used ImgBurn and Windows Media Player but neither of them worked on my xbox nor DVD Player.

A:Need assistance with burning DVD's

Hi Jo you could try one of these of the list on this page.
http://www.techmixer.com/free-windows-cd-dvd-burner-software-list-download/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-assistance-with-burning-dvds.159363/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello all you new people!

So, here's the story. I was bad and overclocked my AMD Athlon 64x2 2.4 Ghz processor. It eventually went bad. Didn't have money to fix it for a while, and today I just purchased a 2.0 Ghz Athlon 64x2 for next to nothing.

Now, it posts in the mobo, and I can get into the bios, then it just...shuts off. I try turning it back on, fans come on, shuts off again almost immediately. Let it sit a while, then I can get into the bios for a minute or so before it shuts off again.

I finally figured out, that the MOBO is recognizing the processor at 3800+ (which is correct) but it shows a speed of 2.42 ghz instead of 2.0!!!

I have no idea what to do, but I'm not messing with it again until I get some answers

please help? Thanks

A:MSI K9N SLI Platinum - wrong CPU!

Reset the BIOS. That should fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-k9n-sli-platinum-wrong-cpu.159385/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi everyone first post here Here s my issue - I just got a new PC for Christmas which is great However the computer was an HP slimline style and the motherboard lacked any PCI-e ports that would accept my Nvidia GT So I swapped out motherboards and put all the components in a new case and everything seemed to boot up fine However Restart graphics loading when wrong the motherboard doesn t have onboard graphics and booting the system up in safe mode shows the system crashing every time as the old onboard drivers from the HP motherboard tries to load Any suggestions on what to do The only two things I can think of are to load up the original HP motherboard with all the components again and Restart when loading wrong graphics boot it up then install the Nvidia drivers or wipe the hard drive and do a fresh Windows install Since I don t have a Win disc I would prefer to be able to just disable the old onboard if I can I know the card won t be installed in the HP motherboard so I m not sure that just installing the drivers for the PCI card would work I guess I could disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS of the HP board so maybe this will work Thanks in advance for your comments nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restart-when-loading-wrong-graphics.158909/
Relevancy 25.37%

For some reason my up arrow key is mapped to w. W is still w. It just randomly happened after I made a script to change a couple keys around. When I turn the script off, all of the other keys it remaps go back to normal, but even after a restart, up is still w. Don't know what to do here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/key-mapped-wrong.157718/
Relevancy 25.37%

none of my USB or inputs detect keyboard and mouse. when started, all fans turn on including heatsink fan. Motherboard green LED light is on. No beeping noise are made. so after its been powered up the monitor is in sleep mode from the initial power start. computer ran fine last time it was used. computer has been stored away for awhile. Is it possible that my motherboard or CPU is messed up or fried? I tried using the same monitor on an hp tower and no mouse/keyboard is even needed for the monitor to come to life. not too sure what else it could be....like i said everything seems to turn on just screen comes on in sleepmode cuz no usb and keyboard/mouse inputs do not work.

A:Not too sure what might be wrong with computer

It could be a failed power supply as well. Please list your system specifications so members might have a better understanding of what might be going on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-too-sure-what-might-be-wrong-with-computer.157011/
Relevancy 25.8%

OK P5N-E did Something I wrong? SLI so i have a Velocity tower with a P N-E SLI board in it it came with vista but me being an xp lover went and got XP pro -bit and replaced the OS like years went by and i had USB my hard drive died so i went to reinstall XP -bit on a new Something I did wrong? P5N-E SLI drive everything was going to plan or was it lol i ran all the drivers i had and even updated them BUT it has become a slow slug of a pc and the USB is now GONE only i dont know what i did wrong but im sure it has something to do with the mother board i plug in a simple ex hard drive and even with SP it says it can run faster then it crawls to a halt until i unplug the drive i dont know what i did wrong anything come to mind with you guys im out of ideas haha nbsp

A:Something I did wrong? P5N-E SLI

Hi Jaggo,

Can you provide some more information on your system?
Any recent BIOS updates?
Have you tried to reset the BIOS?

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/something-i-did-wrong-p5n-e-sli.155464/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just built a computer. My dvd drive is a Lite-On ATAPI iHAS124 B ATA Device. i can use it to read discs and it seemed fine till i tried to burn a dvd with windows dvd maker. It cant find a DVD burning drive. I tried different programs with the same results. I went into the device manager and device properties, and under its general properties in "device status" it says "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)". I have gone to the Lite-On site and looked for its drivers to download and the closest i could find was iHas120. Ive tried looking on other websites but have had no luck. I am running Windows 7 64bit Home edition. Hope someone can help. i know its dvd+r rewriteable drive, it says so right on it.

A:DVD drive isn't being recognized by burning software

Try this firmware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-isnt-being-recognized-by-burning-software.155572/
Relevancy 26.66%

hey guys girls im having a rather annoying problem with my dvd burner as the title leads on it started burning extremely slowly and by that i mean a regular gb dvd takes hours to burn and im burning regular avi movies something that normally takes somewhere between - mins max the hardware i got is a LG HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GSA-T N burner and its attached to my DVD burning extremely slow xps laptop running windows xp pro now i did a little digging on the net about this issue and alot of DVD burning extremely slow ppl have experienced this with alot of other drives and usually the problem is the OS changes the data transfer mode from DMA to PIO to which many ppl have many solutions so here is where my problem begins first and foremost my device manager IDE controllers looks like this ------------------------------ intel r ICH M port serial ata storage controller - intel r ICH M ultra ata storage controllers - primary IDE channel primary IDE channel ricoh memory stick controller ricoh sd mmc host controller ricoh xD-picture card controller -------------------------------- first thing i did was check the advanced settings in the primary ide channel both of them and one of them is running ultra DMA mode im assuming thats the hard drive and the other is running ultra DMA mode assuming thats the dvd burner so nothing i can change there so i tried to DVD burning extremely slow uninstall the quot second quot primary IDE channel the fourth one from the top - the one that is running ultra DMA mode then i restarted and the problem still persists so i went back on the net to search for other options some which called for a registry fix which was something along these lines went through regedit to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE where i was supposed to find and manually delete the correct folder which contained the dvd burner registry in the above mentioned reg folder i have this --------------------------------- -- gt DiverDesc - intel r ICH M ultra ata storage controllers - -- gt DiverDesc - intel r ICH M port serial ata storage controller - -- gt DiverDesc - primary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - secondary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - primary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - secondary ide channel -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh sd mmc host controller -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh xD-picture card controller -- gt DiverDesc - ricoh memory stick controller properties ------------------------------------- so i deleted the as naturally it seemed to be the quot second quot primary IDE channel entry here i wasnt sure about and as per why where they named secondary ide channels when there wasnt any indication of secondary in the device manager after which i restarted and again nothing changed at this point i went and updated the firmware for the burner to the latest version but again to no avail after countless other hours sifting through the net for solutions i thought id ask some experts about this so here i am EDIT it seems my hdd transfer speed is slow as well i tried moving gb from my onboard hdd to an external hdd an operation which normally takes maybe mins and it took me over an hour and a half can you please help me ps in case any is asking or if it is of any relevance using nero sony blank dvd-r single layer also i burned about dvd s one after the other out of the same package and a few hours later i tried a th one which turned out to take more than twice the other combined i also burned a th th and th with all my other speed check attempts after the troubleshooting i attempted nbsp

A:DVD burning extremely slow

Hm, if both your hard drive and your DVD burner are running slow, I would suggest maybe looking into flashing the BIOS of your motherboard? Both the HD and the DVD are hooked up by SATA, correct?

A few things to test here: Transferring data from the computer to an external drive seems slow, try transferring data the same way in Safe Mode, see if it speeds up any, if it does, I would say some type of software is slowing it down.

Could try replacing the SATA cables, or if you have more then 2 SATA ports on the board, if they are not already spaced out, try spacing them farther apart(Though I do not see this as a soloution, you can always try it)

One other thing you could try if you believe it might be software/registry related rather then hardware is do a Recovery to a date/time previous to when you experienced this problem, see if that helps any,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-extremely-slow.155023/
Relevancy 24.51%

Today I stripped my computer down to give it a good clean All went fine until I went to switch it back on My first problem and what would appear to be the most serious is that since I cleaned and re-assembled my computer I now get a third screen in POST - POST A & RAM of value couple IDE problems detected wrong no Nearly identical to the first POST screen except for the text at the bottom It reads No IDE Master H D D Detected Press F to Resume and sticks on that screen until I press A couple of POST problems - no IDE detected & wrong RAM value F Normally I get the first two screens shown below the main POST screen and then the JMicron screen and then it goes to Windows Also I have noted that the primary master is not my HDD but my DVD CD drive I have confirmed that my HDD is in fact first in the Boot Device Priority in BIOS My second problem which has been persistant is that during POST the value for the RAM gives a reading of PC - when in fact it is I have searched my BIOS ASUS P W DH Deluxe and I can t find where I change the value Apart from the above everything is as it was before Any help with the above issues would be greatly appreciated Cheers Tom nbsp

A:A couple of POST problems - no IDE detected & wrong RAM value

Why, if it's SATA, and you have a free master, would you set it as slave?
Set it to master (on the back of the hard drive), plug it in the proper port, and hop into the bios, making sure it shows up correctly, then try restarting.

As for the RAM issue, it sounds as if the ratio between RAM and FSB has been changed. To find the proper value, look in the Bios for said ratio (Probably in either RAM/Memory settings, or in FSB/Overclocking settings) and use math to figure out the proper value (PC6400 is 800 MHz, so what ratio would 800 MHz DDR2 ram get to FSB to give a proper rating?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-couple-of-post-problems-no-ide-detected-wrong-ram-value.155051/
Relevancy 26.66%

I've heard overclocking is not a great idea because it can burn up your vid card.
Is this true?

I don't overclock and my vid card seems to get hot all too often.

A:Burning up vid cards by overclocking?

Usually will only happen if you overvolt for extended periods.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-up-vid-cards-by-overclocking.154621/
Relevancy 25.37%

the problem starts when the display turns violet sometimes in my CRT monitor and i figured it out , i just replace a new VGa cable and soldered it to the board and thing goes right but suddenly it wont display and LEd flashing. i have to remove it from the source then plug it in to have a display .

And now i have a problem, im wondering what happen to my monitor because when i start my PC, my monitor's LED keeps flashing and no display but when i remove it from the source then plug it in i hear a 'tick' sound the way CRT monitors should be then it have display. every time i start my pc i keep doing those procedure...removing the monitor's voltage source then i plug it in to have a display...what should i do? what are the thing to be done to make it right?

A:What's wrong with my monitor?

Invest in a newer technology LCD monitor...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-wrong-with-my-monitor.154283/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey guy s I always have problems burning Either the disk will burn and only work on my PC or the process will stop when it comes time to burn and say there s no CD I have the Matroska pack and Divx plus I did manage to download an audio cd and burn it and have it work last night in my car I think my problem is that my DVD player on my TV is to burning Buring noob Total problems. not DIVX do I need to use a different Codec WMA Does some one have Buring problems. Total noob to burning an easy solution for burning I ve got DVD-R and DVD R and CD-R What Buring problems. Total noob to burning should I use for what Buring problems. Total noob to burning Is there one CD DVD I can get to do it all I m running Bit Torrent Real player SP Win media player Video free file converter I have a Pentium R Dual-Core E Ghz Ghz Gb Ram On Win XP with SP MB is a ASUS P GC-MX Socket DVD R burner by LG nbsp

A:Buring problems. Total noob to burning

74sundance said:

Hey guy's...
I always have problems burning..Either the disk will burn and only work on my PC or the process will stop when it comes time to burn and say there's no CD.I have the Matroska pack and Divx plus.Click to expand...

Have you tried "ImgBurn" ? http://www.techspot.com/downloads/3285-imgburn.html WTF is the "Matroska pack"?

74sundance said:

I did manage to download an audio cd and burn it and have it work last night in my car.Click to expand...

Big deal, even Windows Media Player will burn CD Audio. You should give that a shot.

74sundance said:

I think my problem is that my DVD player on my TV is not DIVX do I need to use a different Codec (WMA)? Does some one have an easy solution for burning?Click to expand...

The DVD player in the TV is probably DVD-Video format only, unless it specifically states otherwise. Even free standing players that claim Divx, won't play all forms of it. It certainly won't run .wma or .avi files.

74sundance said:

I've got: DVD-R and DVD+R and CD-R
What should I use for what? Is there one CD/DVD I can get to do it all???Click to expand...

In a perfect world, yes. In this one, not a chance. Although you could ditch the DVD-R, there's no real need for it unless you have an old freestanding DVD recorder that needs them.

Data files and some others can be placed on CD or DVD. You wreck the quality of files when you convert them to different formats. Better to play them in the format you get them. Try installing VLC Media Player, it has codecs built in for almost every format.http://www.techspot.com/downloads/1888-vlc-media-player-for-windows.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buring-problems-total-noob-to-burning.153402/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have a laptop with Windows Vista Premium on it One day when I went to turn it on I didn t load and instead took me to some sort of recovery console mode system volume Corrupt where I ran a repair utility Then I was able to boot into Vista but when I logged into my account it wasn t Corrupt system volume the same it said something about a quot temporary account quot I ran check disk and it said something about a corrupt system volume and check disk keeps hanging at The laptop is running very slow and the hardware makes strange noises Sometimes a very unpleasant scratching noise is made that lasts a few seconds When I login to my account I type in my password but all of my short cuts and settings are different but if I navigate through C I can find files I have saved on the desktop of my quot normal account quot When I bought the laptop it came with a recovery Corrupt system volume partition Also I backed everything up to an external hard disk using Norton Ghost Also I ve got the Windows Vista recovery disc What is the best course of action nbsp

A:Corrupt system volume

How old is your hard drive. This can happen when there are failure sites on the hard drive.
Usually, you can cold boot to the VISTA cd, then run a new install in Repair mode (not restore mode), and everything gets patched up... but the problem will happen again if the hard drive is going bad.

Or you could save all data, and try to run the VISTA recovery partition...

You can take out the drive to examine it for date... or you can run a download of Belarc Advisor that will give you an inventory of everything in the computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupt-system-volume.149667/
Relevancy 25.37%

I posted this on another forum and I m hoping to get your opinion before dealing with this problem Wrong AC adapter I got a call about ten days ago AC Wrong Adapter quot My Wrong AC Adapter laptop quit Wrong AC Adapter working while it was plugged in quot She brought the machine to me and I agreed it wasn t working and we agreed on a price to remove the HD and copy the files and handle the warranty return to ASUS and what ever software requirements were necessary when it was returned I called ASUS who had me test the adapter for power output Yes and I then boxed it up and mailed it to ASUS As I recall the adapter was labeled for V W which seemed about right for a laptop She called me a day or so later saying she may have given me the wrong adapter as she d found one labeled quot ASUS quot In the meantime ASUS has replaced the motherboard and the adapter and is returning the machine Now no one has ever supplied me the wrong adapter for their equipment before and this adapter fit the socket perfectly so I m wondering if this is something I should have caught She s being unpleasant about paying anything other than the shipping even though she admits it was her fault for supplying the wrong adapter For all I know the use of the wrong adapter may have fried the motherboard and ASUS isn t saying anything about a wrong adapter being sent So would you have caught this discrepancy Has any one ever supplied you the wrong adapter with a laptop or other equipment nbsp

A:Wrong AC Adapter

Like you I have clients who bring broken equipment into the wksps for repair - and like you I get the clients who through stupidity or genuine error bring the solution to the problem with them!
Laptop PSU's vary enormously and I have always said that cheap replacement PSUs are a mistake - rarely do they shove out the required watts/volts/amps and more often than not do not overheat as well.
I suggest that what has happened here is that the client has lost the PSU, gone and bought a new one which broke the power management board in the laptop, brought it all to you and then found the original PSU.
Asus UK would not have repaired this - but then they are not a credit to Asus, who do make good kit!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-ac-adapter.151438/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Sanyo Xacti vpc-wh1 and i accidentally used the wrong charger. the device got super hot and then wouldnt turn on. now when i use the correct charger, the camera doesnt still doesnt turn on or do anything. is the battery the problem or does the camera no longer work?
btw i believe the charger i used had a lower voltage than the correct charger

A:Used the wrong charger on my Sanyo xacti vpc-wh1

You should have been protected from damage because the sockets of different power are of different sizes so you should not have been able to plug in the incorrect one...
It is not the voltage that is critical but the amperage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/used-the-wrong-charger-on-my-sanyo-xacti-vpc-wh1.150736/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey I run WinXP on an HP a n with a SapphireRaddon graphics card and a Gateway HD LE monitor I just installed Diablo after my computer crashed I have DirectX and ran the tests that Diablo comes with It deemed my computer playable and I went on to try it The error messege Error popped up I went into dxdiag and it came up on Diablo, 640x480 25 Error wrong no display DirectX with nothing option, with this I was looking at a different forum about a similar thing on here http www techspot com vb topic html Error 25 on Diablo, no 640x480 display option, nothing wrong with DirectX thats how I found this place and tried a few things like changing the display and or the color resolution It was suggested to change to high color -bit but my high color is as seen here So I m not really sure what to do anymore but the install of diablo went fine and all my other full screen MMORPG s work just fine Error messege http www facebook com photo php pid amp l d bf amp id dxdiag http www facebook com photo php pid amp l a c f amp id display picture for the resolution color bit settings http www facebook com photo php pid amp l b e de amp id Oh and I put this here because its only the display issue-thing wrong with it and the program it also just happens to be a game nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-25-on-diablo-no-640x480-display-option-nothing-wrong-with-directx.150330/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, i was wondering if anyone had any advice.

Last night i updated my bios (ASUS M2N4-SLI), unfortunately during the update the power went off in the house when i boot now nothing happens, the keyboard and mouse are not even booting. There is power to the motherboard but i can?t get a boot screen or anything, is there any way that i can sort this out?

many thanks

Hachi

A:BIOS update went wrong, need help please

Unfortunately there is little you can do if the flashing has failed. If the motherboard does not POST, you are most-likely looking at a paperweight. There may be a bit of hope if your mainboard has a chip socket (meaning you can physically pull the BIOS chip) but most are soldered right to the PCB. If you can remove the BIOS chip, you can send it to BIOSMAN where they will replace it and reflash the corrupt chip. I've used them before, it's a very good service.

As far as soldered goes, I'm afraid that's tough luck. Replace the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-went-wrong-need-help-please.149733/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello So I recently decided it was time for me to try and build my first computer I had a pretty low budget and well here are my specs old ripped from older computer was still working Logisys ps e Max output W EVGA P V doing What I wrong? am motherboard Intel I - LGA nvidia geforce gt X ADATA DDR G GB gb Sata HDD gb Sata HDD So I was working for hours or so making sure I unpack carefully and put the cpu in as carefully as I could So What am I doing wrong? I have everything in and ready to go press power BAM nothing so I thought well maybe I forgot the F panel because none of the LEDs were on I look at it and its fine So now I think my psu What am I doing wrong? is fried or dead I take apart the case and plug in the power supply turn it on and LED was on soooo wtf is wrong btw the LED text under it is v LED if that helps Please anyone if you could help on anything simple or advance please give me some pointers I don t want to have to replace the psu but I will if I have too -acolthorp nbsp

A:What am I doing wrong?

Hi acolthorp,
first of all, if you plugged in the PSU without it being connected to the motherboard, it would not power on. the PSU needs a signal from the bios to start up.
the most obvious answer is to go over each connection meticulously to make sure you did not miss anything and that the clips are all seated completely. read the motherboard install directions to make sure you did not create an electrical short when you screwed the motherboard to the standoffs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-am-i-doing-wrong.149101/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have been trying to format and make bootable a 4GB flash drive to use to flash my bios but everytime I try to format the drive it tells me that I have a bad volume name. Can anyone please explain what is a volume name and how to apply the correct volume name to a device being formatted?

A:What is volume label and how to find the correct volume label?

Are you trying to Format the drive to FAT32?
What Brand of drive Lenovo or was it a pass out type?
While you're planning uses for the pen drive try Ubuntu 9.01 flash drive Bootable O/S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-volume-label-and-how-to-find-the-correct-volume-label.148598/
Relevancy 24.94%

I connected my Alienware m11x via HDMI to my Sony Bravia 32'' (not latest series), anyway I cannot select it's native solution I can only pick 1280x720 and then 1920x1080. The text also appears to be blue and black where it should be just black, it just generally looks 'fuzzy' the image on my TV. May just be a poor TV but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

A:M11X HDMI Resolution wrong

The Bravia might only support 720p/i (1280x720) and 1080p/i(1920x1080) over HDMI connection. Also the wide screen ratio of the m11x's screen and the tv might be different so you can't guarentee that you'll be able to run the same resolution without black bands at the sides or top/bottom, or using rescaling on the TV to make the picture fit the screen. I've never connected my PC via an HDMI output to my Sony Bravia but used to have it over DVI adaptor to HDMI and don't remember it being fuzzy or blue/black where it should be just black.

When you go into display settings does it list your actual TV model or at least something like "Sony TV" or just "Generic Television" for the 2nd display? You could try "detect displays" as this should allow for configuration of the output to match the specific capabilities of your TV if it is correctly detected.

If I get time I'll try connecting laptop or desktop up over HDMI this evening and see if I have any problems. Only issue is that I only have ATI cards at the moment so if the m11x has a problem it could be Nvidia related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/m11x-hdmi-resolution-wrong.147603/
Relevancy 24.94%

I upgraded my chip set but when I got everything back together and try to power on the fan comes on and keeps spinning faster and faster I have to unplug to get it to turn off. I have changed out chips before and not have a problem. I don't get any beeps just the fan screaming at me but when I plug in the power supply I get one light on the motherboard. I blew off the fans, sinks and rest of the hardware. I am at a loss

thanks.

A:Upgraded chipset but did something wrong

Can you clarify what you meant? When you say you upgraded your chipset, do you mean you changed the motherboard? You don't mean you actually soldered in new motherboard chips? Do you mean you replaced the processor (CPU)?

If you mean CPU, perhaps the motherboard does not support the newer processor unless there is a BIOS update for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-chipset-but-did-something-wrong.146889/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi! I have a Toshiba T135 and I'm having a very dificult time with the sound system. THe speakers are set at the highest possible volume allowed but I still have trouble listening. THe sound comes out awfly low!
Does anyone know how to increase the volume or if I need to reconfigure something?
Thanks!

A:Low volume on Toshiba T135

Do you have a volume adjust knob on the side or front of the laptop? Have you tried using a set of earphones?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-volume-on-toshiba-t135.146518/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm looking for a simple software program that would allow me to boost the volume on my laptop.Something that would run in the background and could be easily switched on or off. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

A:Need more Volume on my HP laptop

Go out and buy a cheap pair of powered external PC speakers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-more-volume-on-my-hp-laptop.146020/
Relevancy 24.94%

Okay so I have been having many issues with my first build First time the psu wrecked my motherboard and cpu RMA ed and got a new motherboard processor and a different more reliable psu Second time I tried building I turned it on just to check if everything was working before I plugged in my graphics to my monitor and everything worked Then all of a sudden build I First time and gone need help wrong when I tried turning on the computer again the cpu fan wouldn t spin and according to my on-board leds there was a cpu chipset error I took off the fan and tried the processor test The cpu did get hot in a matter of a couple of seconds of the computer being turned on So I thought it was just a motherboard problem so I bought the same exact model and tried again Same thing however the cpu fan never spun at all Below I will have a list of things that are confusing to me -Motherboard says it is a cpu problem but the cpu is getting hot -I never hear any beeps from the motherboard I have the speaker plugged into its correct header Could my case be defective -Why would the cpu fan not spin -Could my ram be the problem -Also whenever I had to turn off the computer I had to turn it off via the power supply because holding the power button down for - seconds on the case did nothing Could that have damaged the cpu Again is my case defective By the way when I turn on the computer the optical drive and hard drive are all working which indicates the power supply isn t the problem Also this is an AMD set-up with a biostar motherboard and A-Data ram x g Any help would be great nbsp

A:First time build gone wrong and I need help

not to bring up the obvious,but did you plug the CPU.Hs fan power into the motherboard cpu fan lead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-build-gone-wrong-and-i-need-help.145062/
Relevancy 25.8%

Okay so my friend ordered parts for a new computer and we were like quot yay parts quot and proceeded to assemble the thing We hit the power button and the thing turned on 2 something doing row? we wrong? in are Wtf... a DOA's and shut off turned on shut off etc etc So we eventually determined the motherboard was dead We sent it back to Newegg and they promptly sent us ANOTHER one It did the exact same thing So we re on try number and we re paranoid that somehow between the of us we must be doing something wrong Is there something I m missing that 2 DOA's in a row? Wtf... are we doing something wrong? could be causing this problem 2 DOA's in a row? Wtf... are we doing something wrong? to occur again and again We ve tested the rd motherboard without putting it in the case we plan to use and it appears to work We don t want to f ck this one up The reason I think something may be wrong with the way we re putting it in the case is because the case is rather odd in comparison to what I ve seen in that instead of having those little screw-in studs standoffs that are gold-ish in color usually it has raised portions of the tray basically little bumps with screw holes The case is a XION AXP - BK RT I don t get what we could be doing wrong we were both trained in school for this stuff myself more hardware and her more software but I figure it can t help to ask at this point You can see the odd little raised sections of the tray which are fairly common on lots of cases these days except I ve never dealt with them personally here http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E in the pictures nbsp

A:2 DOA's in a row? Wtf... are we doing something wrong?

You've got to have those stand-offs otherwise you will be shorting the board out against the tray. The standoffs should have come with the motherboard and/or the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-doas-in-a-row-wtf-are-we-doing-something-wrong.143857/
Relevancy 25.37%

Greetings all, I recently finished my first build of a PC, and I have some problems, I have an AMD Athlon II X4 630, motherboard Asus M4A77TD and Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz, the problem is that CPU-Z says that the cpu works and 800 MHz instead of 2800 MHZ, I thing it could be the Cool and Quiet tech from AMD but I;m not sure, the other problem is that CPU-Z says that my DRAM runs at 666.7 MHZ, how can I run this thing at 1600 MHz (the motherboard supports 1600), and the last question: I have intel v-25 ssd for windows and seagate barracuda 500 GB for media, how can I be sure that TRIM is enabled and DEFRAGMENT is off for the ssd?

Anticipated thanks for every help.

A:CPU-Z wrong info?

Because it's dual channel memory, you will have to double the data rate, meaning your RAM is likely running at 1333. Just go into the bios and change it...you know how to use a BIOS right?

Core Speed should say 2800 Mhz if you stress your CPU while running CPU-z.

I have intel v-25 ssd for windows and seagate barracuda 500 GB for media, how can I be sure that TRIM is enabled and DEFRAGMENT is off for the ssd?Click to expand...

What OS are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-z-wrong-info.143364/
Relevancy 24.94%

My system had to be reset, so I did as system restore from the restore discs. What I didn't realize, at the time, was that they were system restore discs from my old computer. Now my system won?t recognize any hardware, not even the parts that are built into the mother board. Any suggestions?

A:Wrong system restore discs

Try installing the correct drivers for your motherboard including chipset, LAN, sound and graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-system-restore-discs.143143/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have an HT Omega Striker 7.1 card... and recently I noticed when there's lots of sound happening at once (IE, I have music playing while also playing an FPS), the volume will dip by 30-50% for a split second. Like I said, it only happens when there's a lot of 'sound' happening at once, so could it be something to do with sound channels or some such? I haven't the first idea when it comes to sound cards. >.>

I have played with all settings in the driver, and none remedy this issue. My Creative Audigy 2 never had this problem and cost a third of the price. Arr!

A:Drop in Volume

driver..

did you try a newer version of Open AL?
http://connect.creativelabs.com/openal/Downloads/Forms/AllItems.aspx
OR are there newer versions of the driver at the home of the card? Don't forget to delete the old driver version completely :approve:
http://www.htomega.com/downloads.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drop-in-volume.142916/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey ya ll I m new here amp was hoping someone could help me I just bought a new computer a couple weeks ago--it has Windows amp Realtek High Definition Audio Everytime I try to listen to very it full though volume even up low, have Sound something whether it be music I ve downloaded to my computer OR a sound on a website it is VERY LOW I have checked all of my sound settings amp each one is turned up to as far as they ll go If I want to listen to it I actually have to pick up one of the speakers amp hold it to my ear so I can hear it From there I m lost on what to do Can someone please Sound very low, even though have it up full volume help me I read a few posts amp none of them seemed to have the same problem but I may ve not read the right one I m sorry for the inconvenience if it s already been posted Thank you for taking the time to read this God bless Trisha nbsp

A:Sound very low, even though have it up full volume

Can you please give detailed specs/model etc. of your PC to start with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-very-low-even-though-have-it-up-full-volume.142292/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello World Last week life was fine My eight year old Windows XP PC was limping alone OK with the C USB and Volume HDD Disappearing Letter Drive GB HDD FAT and my G Drive Disappearing USB HDD Volume and Letter IOMEGA GB USB I say limping alone as a year or so back my CD-ROM Drives D amp E had died for reasons I can t remember So missing my CD-ROM drives I started working on the issue Nothing simple such as a driver re-install BIOS reset or system recovery solved the problem and after much searching I down loaded a registry script to reset my drives After a reboot the CD-ROM Drives resurfaced Case Solved with one glich my G drive no longer was visible in My Computer Must of been something I did to fix the other problem So now the Disk FAT Partition DOES show in Disk Management just below my C HDD Yet I am unable assign a letter to the drive option not available The drive is listed as DISK yet it does not have a VOLUME number I am assuming that I have some contention happening between my CD-ROM drives and my IOMEGA drive previously know as G drive My wife has about GB of family photo s on this drive so I am praying that I will not need to reformat Any suggest here would be greatly appreciated Regards Bob nbsp

A:Disappearing USB HDD Volume and Letter

Guide: Troubleshoot: Windows Won't Recognize USB Hard Drive / Fix Unassigned Drive Letter

Also if you have Norton GoBack installed > uninstall it
And if you manually mapped any drives, disconnect them
To disconnect a mapped drive:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd.
Type net use x: /delete, where x: is the drive letter of the shared resource.
Disconnect from a mapped network drive
Click Start, and then click My Computer.
Right-click the icon for the mapped drive.
Click Disconnect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disappearing-usb-hdd-volume-and-letter.139059/
Relevancy 24.94%

Here s what s going on So I there Is wrong something card? with video my play Starcraft and it never crashed before But now it likes to crash When I play it it may work or sometimes while I am in the middle of my game it ll crash for no apparent reason Recently I tried to install a new game and it wouldn t even work I looked up the error code I got from Starcraft and I looked up my problem with this new game and they both had something to do with RAM I ve tested my RAM did the memtest thing and it is alright Then someone mentioned to me that it might be my video card memory A faulty video card I recently swapped video cards with my brother because I had a video card with a HD port and he had an HD monitor so it made sense to swap I don t know if he had problems Is there something wrong with my video card? with this video card before trading with me but I do remember complaining about image-heavy websites not being as fast as they were before we swapped So I m asking How can I Is there something wrong with my video card? check if there s anything wrong with my video card I don t even know how to find out what kind of video card I have I ve had a look at the actual thing and to my untrained eye it looks to be in good physical condition Nothing appears to be broken damaged or anything Also can you identify or tell me how to identify my video card and tell me if it is worth keeping or if I should get a new one and what should I get I wrote down some of the stuff that s written all over it maybe that ll help you identify it On the biggest black box on the video card was this NVIDIA RIVA TNT There was a sticker on the back NVD In the corner it said this NV REV D Also I almost forgot to mention although I don t know how helpful it will be to you but I went to Start - Run - DxDiag Then I went to Video and did those two tests and the Direct D test failed Does this matter nbsp

A:Is there something wrong with my video card?

When you tested your ram using memtest86 did you test each ram stick separately?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-something-wrong-with-my-video-card.138976/
Relevancy 25.8%

My friend recently bought a new hard drive and I installed it for him as I something wrong? doing Am a secondary I took his old G hard drive that Am I doing something wrong? was in perfect working condition and switch the jumpers to slave I hook it all up master to master and slave to slave Power it up and get a no operating system found The first time this happened I flipped out and thought I had jacked up my original hard drive So I rip everything apart and plug up only the master my original HD and power it back up Everything runs perfect I switch the jumpers around on the secondary so that it is set for master keeping my HD out of it I power it up No operating system found again I know the little G HD is wiped so this is to be expected I then switch it back to slave put in my HD and power it all back up and I get no operating system found So the only logical solution I can come up with is that it is reading the slave as the master I don t know how this is possible since I have the master jumpered to master and plugged in with the quot Master quot end of the IDE cable For now I have just taken the G HD out of the loop Any help or ideas would be appreciated BTW the computer is a HP Pavillion w walmart special I have done some adding here and there but nothing to hardcore nbsp

A:Am I doing something wrong?

Could you clarify? I didn't read where you installed an operating system on the new hard drive or if you even formatted it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am-i-doing-something-wrong.137620/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello, i am new here was looking as some help topics but i cant seem to find one with the problem i'm having.

Well im putting my new pc together and its all done i try to turn on my pc and the lights on the mobo light up but the fans do not and it does not beep nor does it want to turn on.

Could this be the PUS? i have a P55 sli MOBO with a i5 and the pus is PC power & colling 750 quad.
did i pick up the worng PSU? is it dead?

Please help

A:I have no clue what's wrong

Did you plug in the CPU power connector on the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-have-no-clue-whats-wrong.137174/
Relevancy 24.94%

My CPU fan was starting to get really noisy so I figured it was having trouble blowing past all the dust and lint upon inspection I found that the whole heat sink was covered in a solid piece of lint Now I m pretty good with computers I ve completely disassembled upgraded and reassembled my laptop and it works fine hence i m able to post this Even my PC was mostly built by me So I took off the heat sink and the fan from the processor so that I could clean them The fan works great now but the computer won t boot It turns on for about seconds displaying an intel logo and wrong cleaning fan sink heat and Pc gone then crashes Now I haven t reapplied the thermal paste to the CPU but that should only affect it s ability to cool itself once running it shouldn t prevent it from working at all So just to clarify The CPU stayed in it s socket and Pc fan and heat sink cleaning gone wrong separated from the adhesive paste on the heat sink Any idea on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Pc fan and heat sink cleaning gone wrong

Nvm. I figured it out. While I had it open I decided to throw some extra ram in from one of my old computers. Which was dumb of me. I didn't even check to see if they were the same type. Not only were they different brands and sizes, but also type and speed as well. So I think that may have something to do with it, cause when I took that out then it worked. Either that or when removing the heat sink the cpu got jostled, cause to check for broken pins I removed the cpu, found none, and put it back properly. so that might have done the trick too. either way, it's all good now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-fan-and-heat-sink-cleaning-gone-wrong.136628/