Windows Support Forum

Somehow replaced Realtek Driver with High Definition Audio?

Q: Somehow replaced Realtek Driver with High Definition Audio?

Hi,
I have a Dell Laptop (Inspiron 5558 Signature Edition) Windows 10.

Recently I turned on my laptop to find a red 'X' on my audio. I tried to fix this by downloading a new driver, but instead of having one 'High Definition Audio Device' and one 'Realtek', I now have two High Definition Audio Devices and the Realtek one is completely gone.

I don't know what Realtek Driver I had before and I don't know how to fix this.

My audio now has an echo and some audio comes out of my speakers rather than my headphones, even when I have my headphones plugged in.

How do I find out what Realtek Audio Driver I had before and how do I replace one of my High Definition Audio Devices with it?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Somehow replaced Realtek Driver with High Definition Audio?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Somehow replaced Realtek Driver with High Definition Audio?

Hello EmeraldBlue.

Considering that you have W10 Home 64-Bit you should really have posted this at our sister forum:
Ten Forums

However I can tell you that your audio device is Realtek ALC3234, I mean you can of course download the audio driver from Dell Support site:
Product Support | Dell US

Cheers, Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/393404-somehow-replaced-realtek-driver-high-definition-audio.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ud3h-bk-mobo-realtek-ac1150-onboard-sound-issue-very-low-volume-and-crackling.217321/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hey guys I have been trying to set up my tv so I can watch movies online... to say the least it is not going well.. I have been trying for over 2 hours and 2 trips to Best Buy to figure out why i have no sound on my tv.

My headphone jack does work.
There is a picture due to the vga cable.
I have a Y Cable plugged all in but no sound

Please someone help!!

A:Laptop to TV no audio with VGA cord and y cable

Hey, I've tried to set this up at one point.. VGA doesn't seem to give sound at least on some T.V's so if you have a sound input you could try:
amazon [dot ] co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=vga+with+audio&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=8326471606&ref=pd_sl_2xe1bbnp3q_e

sor maybe you could get something like:
electgadget [dot] co.uk/sg/index.html?s=3219F6825E2CD6CA31C2DE7A93A69CF9&p=51679ce3738a69b94d40325e0e3d57db&m=1324951106152&a=/products&categoryid=28&stockid=460

play [dot] com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/20708900/Trixes-HDMI-Male-To-VGA-Cable-1-8m/Product.html?_%24ja=tsid:11518|cat:20708900|prd:20708900

However I don't with to take the blame if any of these don't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-to-tv-no-audio-with-vga-cord-and-y-cable.175240/
Relevancy 48.59%

Every 10 seconds audio manager will set the volume on my mic to 0 and mute it I have already tried to uninstall it and reinstall it but no result.
It may be malware but I am not sure as of yet. Would really appreciate help right now.

A:Realtek Audio Manager Mic Problem

Problem Solved, As suspected it was malware. To fix this launch task manager, then go to start up, go through the list if something dosn't have a icon or dosn't seem to fit in right click and open its file location. If you are definite that it is malware disable it, restart go to the file location and delete all the files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-audio-manager-mic-problem.216938/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello guys,
So I build myself a new PC and I plugged in the headset that I have and found out that audio is louder on the right side, and I got it centerd after a while but I had to go to Sound manager and manually increase the audio on the left! But then, the sound is more queiter and I don't want that!
I know that this isn't a problem with my headset because they work fine on other PCs and I tride some others headphones and they had the same issue(on this PC)! My audio drivers are up to date and they are Realtek HD audio!
Is there anyone that knows how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

A:PC audio isn't centered as it is supposed to be

Having the same problem with high quality audio equip

my research:

it is on every pc that gives digital audio via usb, spdif, or the 3,5 jacks from onboard soundcards aswell as hifi soundcards

so far, only music players did give me a correct audio image. VERY wierd, working on this since about 1 year and no audio expert could give me a good way to work around it OR a solution

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-audio-isnt-centered-as-it-is-supposed-to-be.209506/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

first I already wanna thank everybody who replies to this and try to help me. Yesterday morning I tried to download a sound driver that would make the Stereo Mix option available. It was not from the original website of Realtek or HP. It was from here: http://driveragent.com/c/archive/196a161c/Realtek-High-Definition-audio#summary. After I finished the installation and restarted my PC there was a red cross next to the sound icon and when I tried to open volumemixer it said 'No audio output device installed'. I tried to uninstall it with system restore. Than I also tried to install the latest sound drivers from the Realtek and HP site but both didn't work. Also I saw on another topic that maybe some services were stopped but that wasn't. Now I really don't know what to do. Hope someone can help me.

Tsjeuke

PC manufactrurer: HP
Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit

A:There is no output device (Realtek HD Audio)

Your PC manufacturer is HP but what is the model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-is-no-output-device-realtek-hd-audio.216620/
Relevancy 43%

I just solved my own problem and thought others might benefit since I could not find the solution using internet search My Realtek HD Audio manager seemed to be creating an echo on my quot Line In quot HD Audio Realtek "line from effect) (if in" echo it Removing output sound not a is audio signal I had already set the environment and equalizer sound effects options to lt None gt but the echo persisted I found the problem seems that I was essentially duplicating the Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) Line In audio stream The first quot source quot I found was the HD Audio manager You can open the manager and view the Line In tab - mine had a non-zero playback volume the slider was NOT all the way to Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) the left for zero playback If you want Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) output from the HD Manager that makes sense I also found out a second Line In quot source quot It was in the Line In properties settings where I had checked off the option to quot Listen to this device quot When I disabled that the echo disappeared To view this Line In properties tab right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area then select Recording Devices yes quot Recording quot Then the tab will display in a window with the title Sound You should see the Line In device in the list Right-click on this item and select Properties The Line In properties window pops up Then select the Listen tab UNselect Listen to this device The echo should disappear if you re experiencing my problem I hope this helps someone I m just trying to help the community from which I ve received so much help grinthumb nbsp

A:Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect)

Two same signals

You're doing the right thing... getting rid of the other input signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-line-in-echo-from-realtek-hd-audio-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/
Relevancy 18.06%

AMD has launched their first WQHL-certified Catalyst graphics card driver update since December 2014, bringing a heap of new features and performance updates across the board, as well as the usual array of bug fixes.

Read more

A:AMD launches major GPU driver update: Catalyst 15.7 WHQL

I have played with the CFX and Freesync support on the Acer 1440p 144hz monitor. Works great and makes me want to actually own a Freesync monitor now...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-major-gpu-driver-update-catalyst-15-7-whql.216359/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have previously on a different PC recorded the stereo mix in Audacity, whilst playing a CD and would get the full frequency range of the CD. On my current PC I now get a 20khz cut off, despite changing the settings (the sample rate and bit despth) on the playback and recording devices in Windows and also in Audacity. Does anyone know why this would be, and if there is any way of correcting it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-windows-20khz-cut-off.216409/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello, I have a brand new ASUS laptop with REAltek and WINdows 8.1. The frustrating issue I have is that my headphone audio sounds as if there is an echo-like sound to it. More like a sewer-pipe. I have restarted the audio programs under computer management. set the default in REALTEK to 16 bit 48000, and all devices seem to be operating fine. I even uninstalled SKYPE as suggested.The test in REALTEK is also okay. Please, any assistace would be more than appreciated.

A:Headphone audio on laptop

It sounds hollow with no bass or clarity. I have adjusted the equalizer to no avail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphone-audio-on-laptop.216378/
Relevancy 31.39%

Intel has led the desktop processor market for the last decade, dominating in price and performance nearly without challenge since the introduction of the Core 2 chips in 2006. However, as of late the challenges of improving silicon chips has...

Read more

A:Intel's 10nm 'Cannonlake' delayed, replaced by 14nm 'Kaby Lake'

"Devil's canyon" take two

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intels-10nm-cannonlake-delayed-replaced-by-14nm-kaby-lake.215777/
Relevancy 23.65%

While the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X has been praised for its compact PCB and powerful closed-loop liquid cooling solution, many Fury X owners noticed that the pump block included with the card emits an annoying high-pitched whine, ruining what...

Read more

A:AMD revises Radeon R9 Fury X pump block to kill high-pitched whine

Kill every sound, AMD, but the whining will continue...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-revises-radeon-r9-fury-x-pump-block-to-kill-high-pitched-whine.216096/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 18.06%

I was updating my graphics card drivers for my graphic card PNY GEFORCE GTX 660 and went to device manager, I used ?automatically search for new driver? and a dialog box appeared "Windows has determined that the driver is up to date".
Yet, I went to Nvidia website and did a driver update. I checked again Device manager for my display adapter and the new driver was TWO MONTHS NEWER.
I wonder why that happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-device-manager-lying-to-me-about-the-last-driver-version-for-my-graphics-card.215610/
Relevancy 18.06%

So I have 2 images from the Device manager.
The driver has a Yellow caution sign with "!" inside it.

My issues:
Cannot Connect to wireless, But can connect via Ethernet Cable.

My troubleshooter said the drive couldn't start, and that I needed a Wireless Cable to plugin to the computer.

This is my school computer, my help desk helped before but they are out of office because its summer break.

Device Manager > Components > Problem Devices
Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002E&SUBSYS_E034105B&REV_01\4&124A40C8&0&00E1 This device cannot start.
Also 2 things.
I tried disabling my Bluetooth High Speed, it did nothing.
I do not know if this is the right thread, because this is my first post, if there is anymore information you need to know please contact me.

A:Atheros AR5B97 driver not letting me connect to wireless

Hi and welcome to the boards.

How old is this system? Sometimes the wireless card will fail and a new one can be installed.

However, you can upload and install the latest wireless network driver for your system via ethernet cable. Sometimes that is all you need. If it is a built system like a Dell then go to the manufacture's website if this was a system that was built by yourself or someone else then go to the motherboard's website.

Please keep us updated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atheros-ar5b97-driver-not-letting-me-connect-to-wireless.215528/
Relevancy 23.65%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 24.94%

AMD is today launching the A10-7870K, a new, high-end desktop APU that provides minor spec bumps over the company's previous desktop APU flagship at a similarly competitive price point.

Read more

A:AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

The pricing is what kicks Intel in the nuts, which is great if you going for a low budget computer and don't mind not having a dedicated video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-the-a10-7870k-a-new-high-end-desktop-apu.213480/
Relevancy 24.08%

Many in the PC gaming world are turning their attention to AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 300 series launch and specifically, the R9 390X. According to the latest scuttlebutt, this card will ship with two different SKUs - an air-cooled version...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon R9 390X variant will come water-cooled with High Bandwidth Memory

Having to resort to water cooling just to be on par with nvidia what a joke
amd with their hot running primitive brute force gpus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-r9-390x-variant-will-come-water-cooled-with-high-bandwidth-memory.212772/
Relevancy 24.94%

Oculus VR on Friday revealed the recommended hardware specifications needed to deliver the best experience when using its upcoming virtual reality headset.

Read more

A:A high-end PC will be needed for the best Oculus Rift experience

I don't get it? It's supposed to be peripheral device. like an LCD screen, just with inbuilt mouse pointer. What does your PC specs got to do with performance, other than necessity to setup the resolution for inbuilt displays? What does it mean 'games and applications created for the Rift in-house'? Does it mean it will require custom games and applications, no support out of the box for existing games? If that's the case, their VR is gonna die faster than 3D. Please tell Me I'm mistaken?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-high-end-pc-will-be-needed-for-the-best-oculus-rift-experience.213137/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
the following are the specs of my computer:
Asus P8Z77-V- LX2 Motherboard
Intel i7-2600CPU @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM DDR3 668.5MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

I lag on almost every single game, including League of Legends, Maple Story, DotA 2. Most of these does not lag on my low-mid end laptop and I find it very annoying why has it been lagging on my PC. I thought it was a faulty graphics card back then when I had the ATI 6970M graphics card then I upgraded to the GTX 780Ti and it still lags.

I notice miracle happens when I was using my 6970M graphics card, whenever I uninstall and re install the driver of the graphics card at the "Manage my computer" program, the lag disables and I am able to play all games with no lag. However, after restarting, the lag resumes and I must repeat the same step to remove the lag. However, with my GTX 780Ti, it does not work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-pc-lag-while-gaming.213241/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a problem that I hope can be fixed I headset is up is that output Microphone audio receiving picking my just recently bought a new computer and I did not have the same issue on the old computer which was XP The one I have now is Windows bit home premium Same headset and everything Not using a sound card either just using an integrated one The problem I am having is this when talking to someone in Skype my microphone is somehow picking up any output audio that my headset is receiving For example when I m playing any game or listening to music and talking to someone they can hear everything that is happening with crystal clearness This was not happening on my old computer with the same headset So I m guessing it s a Windows thing but I have combed every option and I just don t know what to do They say it sounds like I m not even using a headset at all and people tell me to turn off my speakers and put on my headset all the time when this isn t the case It s not because my sound is on max either if I have the sound at they hear it at the exact same level on top of listening to me talk I have combed tons of forums and even found another thread with the same issue but it was outdated from years ago and no fixes for Windows I realllly need some help Any is appreciated nbsp

A:Microphone is picking up output audio that my headset is receiving

Right click the speaker Icon and select playback devices>>>Communications>>>Mute all other sounds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-is-picking-up-output-audio-that-my-headset-is-receiving.176509/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello,

I need some professional help.
My computer:
AMD a10
4fb RAM
R9270x BY XFX
NOW, without the graphics card the computer runs fine. When I install the ddriver's for the r9 it will work, but eventually the display driver stopped working makes its way back.

I've ran all diagnostics on the memory and checked temperstures which all turned out to be fine.

I sent the card into xfx and they returned it saying it's fine.

WTF DO I DO MATES. I think it's the card....but that's just me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-and-display-driver-issue.212301/
Relevancy 23.65%

Leaked specifications from a pair of upcoming Intel Skylake processors have hit the web. If accurate, we could see Intel pumping out CPUs with high clock rates on par with the company's existing Devil's Canyon offering.

Read more

A:Leaked specs for upcoming Intel Skylake CPUs reveal high clock rates, 95W TDP and more

@shawn
I read that the performance jump between Broadwell and Skylake will be like what we saw with Prescott to Conroe. Do you believe this is possible with the unlocked Skylake-S parts? Have you heard this rumour?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-specs-for-upcoming-intel-skylake-cpus-reveal-high-clock-rates-95w-tdp-and-more.212186/
Relevancy 24.94%

So to clear out what my hardware is my core is an intel i LGA For a bit of background - A few months back I encountered this problem that my high temperature with too constantly Problem CPU fan started to malfunction Though a few hours later the fan started to work again I used a flashlight to look into the CPU and yeah it was spinning Both of Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high them at equal rates So onto the actual problem I few days ago I just got my PC fixed since my vid card malfunctioned Fearing it was overheating I downloaded speedfan and now constantly check my GPU temperature However what worries me now is that it constantly reads my CPU temperature to be around - Celsius The frightening thing is it s ALWAYS at that range Even when I just turn my computer on despite it being in air-conditioning the temp is always at that range I also asked the guy who fixed my PC and said that it was a problem but that C is standard for a PC that s been used for hours Since I m kind of lazy to screenshot upload I ll just type out what it reads in Speedfan CoreTemp and CPU Thermometer Speedfan GPU C System C CPU C AUX C SMIOVT - C HD C Core C CoreTemp Tj Max C Core C Min Max Core C Min Max Load varies from - CPU thermometer reads relatively the same with a - C range What the hell is up with my PC and what can I do to solve it nbsp

A:Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high

Hello, omni23414.
It could be a miscalculation on the part of the on-die sensors, or a horribly failing cooling system.
I've checked Google for that chip's average temps, and they aren't supposed to be that high.
My CPU isn't a multi-core, so it by default doesn't generate much heat, but it's overclocked enough to make a toast.

Try disabling any 'Quiet fan' features in your mobo's BIOS, and check the temps.
For how long have you had this problem? Only recently, or since Day 1 of the assembly?

Try taking off all the fans and checking them individually. Check whether any fan is malfunctioning. If none is, it could be a case of bad case airflow. Or miscalculated temps.

Still, give me some more details on which programs you mostly run, how much load they give the CPU. I'll abuse Google for more information on your case.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-cpu-temperature-constantly-too-high.179473/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,

I own a custom laptop on an MSI 16F2 platform. Few weeks ago my GTX 670M card died.

Out of better options, I bought an used GTX 660M from an acquaintance.

I had it installed, started Windows and everything looked OK. Then I installed the Nvidia drivers and after reboot, right after the loading screen, I got a black screen (with the screen still lit).

I went into Safe mode and uninstalled the driver. Then installed again and got the same result. Went into Bios, change settings, tried resetting CMOS, nothing worked. Installed Windows 7 Ultimate again, then Windows 8, same thing. I also tried the driver modding instructions on this forum, still nothing.

I have no clue what is wrong. If you have any idea, please help me with this.

Thank you,

Fox

A:GTX 660M black screen after installing driver

I have connected the laptop to an external monitor and it works with the Nvidia driver installed. The laptop screen works just fine without the drivers. I would really appreciate any form of help. Is it maybe the BIOS?

Thx,
Fox

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660m-black-screen-after-installing-driver.211105/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have one problem with my PC sound on board,
My pc is windows 7 ultimate 32bit, Intel Desktop Board E210882,
The driver is already install but the icon of sound still red cross like image attach file, I already plug in the headset, any one please help me?

thank, seahong heng

A:No audio output device is installed

Well, one way or another, your computer isn't using the device, so have you checked to see if it's disabled in any way? right click the speaker and go to playback devices, it'll come up with a list of your sound devices, make sure the one you're trying to use isn't disabled (right click to change that) if you're unsure which is yours, just enable them all lemme know if that helps at all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.188878/
Relevancy 18.49%

I and Driver responding stopped recovered has purchased an HP-f wm with an Intel N processor about a month ago It s running Windows I also bought a mouse for it since it s not a touch screen that allows me to scroll side to side and makes not having the touch screen easier to Driver stopped responding and has recovered operate The what I thought was Driver stopped responding and has recovered mouse started freezing in the middle of using it to surf the net or working in documents it Driver stopped responding and has recovered just freezes for a bit then starts working again Last night I got an error message after it did this saying the driver had stopped working and recovered I didn t notice that it said which driver I found a fix for this on the Microsoft website but it was for Windows I have tried to do all the updates that it needed when I first got it but I have to do them a few at a time as they fail if I try to do them all at once I have gone through and done several of these one at a time Recent updates have successfully installed it s just the ones needed when I first started using it that are a problem I have about left from Sept-Dec Any advice would be appreciated I got this from Amazon so I have no support nor can I return it nbsp

A:Driver stopped responding and has recovered

Two suggestions:

Try installing the software under "Windows 7" preferances. When you go to install the software (I do not have windows 8.1 myself, just going off Windows 7 features) Right click the installer and go to properties. Under "Compatibility" select "Compatibility Mode" as "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 7.

Also select the "Priviledge Level" to make sure there is a checkmark in "Run this program as an administrator"
The other option is to find any driver software that is installed with the mouse and ensure that it is changed to these settings as well. If you want me to go into depth about how to do that I can explain further. But the general idea is to find the .EXE for the software that starts with windows and change the properties to the same as you did with the installer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered.208879/
Relevancy 18.49%

hello techspot, I keep getting this error when I play games in my computre. what should I do to fix this error?

A:Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

I get this error every once and a while. Updating your GPU drivers usually solves the issue. Do you know what GPU you are running? Post your full system specs below and then we can go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered.204745/
Relevancy 32.25%

I recently replaced my AGP NVIDIA GeForce GT M with a newer AGP NVIDIA GeForce GT M I believe that the GPU processors are the same but noticed when changing over the heat sinks that the memory chips are of the Samsung variety the old one had Nanya The older card had a pre-windows boot BIOS where as the new one needed me to install new 512M 7600GT same Replaced GeForce NVIDIA with drivers from the Nvidia site using automatic driver scan does not BIOS boot My Replaced NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512M with same issue is that the Windows reported a BSOD on first reboot after the new driver installation stable since and have Replaced NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512M with same since increased the voltage by V to the card spec without BSOD and there is no solution in the Action center and Windows is still looking a month out Upon opening the Nvidia control panel suite to check why the newer card did not have any on board memory to aid Adobe rendering as the last card did use the M vram I found that the suite reports the card as a GeForce GS could this lead to a driver quot signing quot conflict and therefore the BSOD Computer Management reports the card as the GeForce GT as does the device properties driver tab Would it be possible to flash the BIOS on the newer card so that the M of vram is quot scalable quot for Adobe rendering use Thank you for reading nbsp

A:Replaced NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512M with same

If you're having a lot of trouble with it I would see about returning it if possible, I see this post is already a few weeks old but hopefully that is still possible..

You shouldn't run into that many issues, although if the card is manufactured by a different company then there "could" be problems.. In which case the safest bet is to go into Safe Mode, remove all drivers and reinstall fresh working drivers. Just to make sure nothing is being mixed up between the way the cards operate,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-nvidia-geforce-7600gt-512m-with-same.208853/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I ve been monitoring my computer s temperatures and I must admit I m not happy with what I ve seen After gaming my FX- has been reaching temperatures above the C max recommendation temperatures FX-8320 high Stock with that AMD has in place The highest I ve seen so far Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures is C which is just outrageously high I m running my FX- at completely stock speeds with the stock fan on a Gigabyte FXA-UD rev motherboard Now as of writing this thread I Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures have already ordered a Cooler Master Hyper EVO as my research suggest that this is a very capable fan for an FX- xxx series processor at stock speeds and maybe even a modest overclock as well I actually intended to get this cooler earlier in my system s life but I ve been lazy and frugal and figured that the stock fan would be fine for stock speeds I also figured my spacious Antec case with a ton of fans at max speed would ve been enough Anyway what shocked me is that when I built this system I kept a very close eye on temperatures during gaming and I never would exceed C under load and idled around C Now quite a while down the line the same cooler can hardly keep the processor below C under load but when the machine is idle I get really low temperatures so low it s at C at some points I ve included a screenshot of both these situations So frankly put what the hell is going on here My idle temperatures are better than ever but my load temperatures are worse than ever Could I have an inaccurate sensor on my processor As precautionary measure I already cleaned out all of the dust filters in my Antec quot Illusion quot case photo also included I also opened that puppy up and blew as much dust out as I could off of the components so it s not real dusty in there anymore The heatsink fan combo was properly secured so it doesn t seem to have become improperly seated over this time Despite this I haven t seen an improvement in temperatures Any assistance in figuring out what the deal is here would be greatly appreciated My specs are as follows AMD FX- GHz Vishera Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD rev G Skill Sniper GB DDR - RAM Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB WindForce Western Digital Black TB SATA-III HDD Antec Illusion case Antec HCG W PSU Windows Ultimate SP x x mm Antec fans mm Antec fan nbsp

A:Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures

Have you cleaned the actual cpu cooler? If it has as much dust as your filter does, that could really affect the efficiency of the cooler. I have both a 8320 in a build and a 8350 and I use AIO water coolers such as Corsair H80 or H100.
The CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO is a very good air cooler. Take your time mounting it and be sure to use quality thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stock-fx-8320-with-high-temperatures.202655/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey ya so I'm having pretty much the same problem and I'm not finding anything you guys are talking about. Here's my problem. Like the rest of you I'm having troubles with recording the audio from my computer using the stereo-mix setting in audacity. This occurs only when my usb microphone is plugged in. I understand that it has something to do with changing the inputs or outputs or something I'm just having trouble understanding where those are on my computer. My setup is this. I'm running on a laptop that has windows technical preview. My microphone is directly plugged into my laptop via usb (obviously) and my headset plugged directly into the microphone. If someone could please tell me step by step where to go on the computer and what to do to fix this so that I can have my microphone plugged in and also record my computer that would be great. I know this is over 2 years old but I'm hoping someone sees this and is able to help.

A:Trouble recording audio

I am surprised no one has replied to this yet, but no worries, I will do my best to help solve your problem

So from the sounds of it, you are having troubles with Audacity noticing your Microphone to record audio. Now, I have never used this program before, but from the sounds of it the only thing you are missing is setting your headset/microphone to the default in windows.

Now, I have not used Windows Technical Preview either, but based on how window's has operated since Windows Vista I am going to say it's safe to assume I could point you in the right direction to the very least.

To start, in the bottom right hand corner (Near your time) you have icons. One of them should look like a speaker, right click it and select "Recording Devices" In here you should have the option to make your Microphone the Default device.

Another way to get to this option if it's no longer accessible the way I described is to go to Control Panel, if you have the option in the upper right hand corner of the screen that says "View by:" and change it to large or small icons. There should now be one just called "Sound" in there go to "Recording" at the top.

Now in this window, find out which one is your device, easiest way is to make sure the mic is not muted (a lot of headsets have a mute button on them) and just speak into the mic, you should see the bar fill with a bit of green when you're taking, this indicates it's picking up sound. Set the "Default" to the headset you are using and then close and reopen Audacity (most of the time if the program is open when you change the default, it wont pick up on it)

let me know if any of that worked, didn't work, or you have any trouble finding what I have mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-recording-audio.208161/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey, I'm a new member here with a problem!

I have a pair of Skullcandy Crushers with an arguably great built-in mic that turn on with a press of a button. However I built a new computer a few days ago and installed the latest version of the ASUS Realtek HD Audio manager, and while the audio on the headphones work, the mic refuses to work and isn't even recognized on programs like Skype and Hangouts.

I have tried the front two ports and tinkered with the settings and nothing has worked as of now, please help ASAP!

-Extabyte

A:Skullcandy Crusher mic not working with ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager

Yeah thats because Skullcandys aren't really built for computers, just iPhone & Android. I had the same issue with my Skullcandy headphones and decided to buy a legit for PC headset. Sorry you spent your money on them!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skullcandy-crusher-mic-not-working-with-asus-realtek-hd-audio-manager.204154/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am running a Windows 7 x64 machine with an Asus motherboard, AMD FX-8350 Eight-core processor, Radeon HD6450 graphics card, 11 GB ram with two monitors. The problem is audio & video are constantly starting & stopping (very choppy). I have updated my os, flash, java and shockwave. All my browsers are up to date. It doesn't matter if I try to play something in a browser or something I have on my computer using windows media player or vlc... everything is choppy. It is constant & is driving me to drink... Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Audio & Video choppy during playback

Once check your laptop or desktop chipset drivers are working fine or not, its effects the other related devices functioning. update or install the latest chipset drivers and video and audio drivers which are compatible with your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-video-choppy-during-playback.207417/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys I've got a problem. My GPU GTX780 GHz is making a buzzing / whining sound at very high fps and I mean 300+. I tried to google it but most buzzing seems to be made by PSU however PSU has nothing to do with fps. And I assume that the power consumption is roughly the same when playing Crysis 3 120 fps or Dead Space 2 400+ fps.
Yes I know I could use v-sync but sometime it causes noticeable input lag.

Is it normal? Safe for the GPU? Does it go away?

Thanks for info

A:GPU buzzing / whining at very high fps

What is you PSU make and model? When was the last time you cleaned your system out (physically powering down, opening the case and removing all the dust - especially on all the fans)? Do you monitor your internal temps when you game - if so what are they when you game? Have you overclocked anything?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-buzzing-whining-at-very-high-fps.207333/
Relevancy 18.49%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just got a new computer...with Realtek HD Audio. Specifically: Realtek ALC888S.

The computer has no bass. Music played through YouTube, Winamp, WMP, iTunes, or through games have essentially nothing coming out of the sub.

I do have 5.1 selected, that is what my setup is.

Here is the weird thing. When I plug my MP3 Player into the Line-In and play through there, the bass sounds great. When I play from inside the computer, there is none. Can anyone point me to some places to look inside the Realtek HD Audio Manager? I can't seem to find anything useful in there at all.

A:Realtek HD audio, no bass

have you checked the bass management and swap bass and center option? you might want to try checking those option to check if it bring back the bass.

btw also try the 5.1 speaker test to check if all channels sound properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-no-bass.166680/
Relevancy 19.78%

When I am playing a video with any browser it is very choppy (sound and video).
Even Window sounds are choppy. It seems like if I move the mouse it gets worse.

Computer is very slow to open programs, even though the system idle process
is at 99% before starting another progam. This happens even when no browser is open and the
anti-virus software is disabled.

I don't know is this is a software or hardware issue.

A:Computer very slow. Choppy video and audio playback from browsers

Post this here:
http://www.techspot.com/community/forums/virus-and-malware-removal.28/
See if they can help with this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-very-slow-choppy-video-and-audio-playback-from-browsers.207159/
Relevancy 45.15%

I m trying to configure Surround Sound but Realtek doesn t seem to be installing and it s configuring speakers driver 5.1 Realtek Trouble Sound; issues Surround to driving me nuts I have installed the driver provided by Gigabyte for my motherboard Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues and it s not doing anything It installs asks me to restart the PC but nothing is Trouble configuring speakers to 5.1 Surround Sound; Realtek driver issues there OS is Windows -bit Gigabyte says that my motherboard supports both and Surround Sound so I don t understand why I can t configure my speakers to run it only lets me use Stereo Device manager only shows High Definition Audio Device and Control Panel doesn t show Realtek at all Realtek Audio Manager doesn t appear either it s not in the system tray icons where I would usually find it Even searching for Realtek brings up nothing other than all the drivers I have downloaded to see if they would work Link to motherboard s Realtek driver as provided by Gigabyte http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid dl Link to motherboard s specification http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp Image showing my device manager gt sound http gyazo com ad b bd e ae a Any ideas as to what the problem is I can t seem to find anything audio related in BIOS either nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-configuring-speakers-to-5-1-surround-sound-realtek-driver-issues.206888/
Relevancy 24.94%

Now I know this question has been asked quite a few times but the results always vary and it appears really dependent on the hw So Recently I have been hearing an interrupted high pitched whistle from the case It is not too loud but interrupts when pitched High whistle PC coming from somewhere I need to ex read High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC something and concentrate It is not a singular long beep High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC but series of small beeps When I opened the case I tried to High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC listen where it goes from it does not appear to whistle from the electric source and CPU Graphics Net card Motherboard are too close to each other to properly determine I tried to listen with a straw but it always appears to emanate from someplace else when using this method I tried to dust everything firm the screws nothing helped The issue started about two or three weeks back I purchased the PC about a year ago and the user have not reported anything similar the last change was adding a new CPU fan about four months ago The Rig Mobo ASUS M N -AM SLV CPU AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor CPU Fan Coolermaster Hyper Evo Ram x GB PC AM Vga AMD Radeon FDD in apacer sln HDD seagate GB sln E C Cdrom DVDRW LG sln Advice very much appreciated nbsp

A:High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC

That noise could be either:

FAN
HDD
PSU

Is this system OC = overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-whistle-coming-somewhere-from-pc.206833/
Relevancy 33.11%

I replaced my FX- s stock fan to a CM Hyper Evo and when I turned my PC back on it would crash during the quot starting windows quot phase The machine would just reboot and I would be back at the BIOS POST screen So I went ahead and cleared the CMOS which defaulted my RAM back down to the AM platform s native MHz After booting up and seeing my CPU s temperatures were great I went ahead and tried to get my now run 1866MHz CPU Replaced cooler, won't at old RAM RAM back up to its max speed The problem I m faced with is that I can only get it back up to MHz Whenever I set my speed up to MHz I get the Gigabyte BIOS message that there was a problem booting Either that or sometimes it gets to the quot starting windows quot phase before crashing and then sending me back to the BIOS POST screen again This happens when both manually setting the speed or using both XMP profiles At one point I did get it back up to MHz but the system would only detect one of my GB sticks which is obviously single channel as reported by CPU-Z I ve done everything here from switching between which DIMM slots I ve used but no matter what it won t boot with it set to MHz I even Replaced old CPU cooler, now RAM won't run at 1866MHz set my my memory s timings Replaced old CPU cooler, now RAM won't run at 1866MHz manually - - - CommandRate which didn t work Then I tried looser timings which still didn t work Neither XMP profiles worked which is how I had it at running at MHz previously I ve spent hours resetting the BIOS and trying different settings but whatever I do it just won t run at full speed I even stopped my GHz overclock to see if that would fix it I also raised the RAM voltage which did nothing I also tried using the FSB instead of the multiplier to get it up to speed but that would just continue the crashing trend I m really perplexed here guys How the hell did changing my CPU cooler make it impossible for my memory to run at full speed When I pulled my CPU out to change coolers maybe some how I damaged the chip s memory controller or is that just stupid for me to even think Maybe I can borrow my friend s FX- next weekend and see if changing chips will fix it I ll probably have to run memtest tonight now that changing the DIMM slots didn t fix anything For the record this is my RAM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Here are my specs just in case any help is REALLY appreciated guys as I d really love to run my RAM at MHz the way I paid for it run AMD FX- GHz Vishera Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD rev G Skill Sniper GB DDR - RAM MHz Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB WindForce Western Digital Black TB SATA-III HDD Antec Illusion case Antec HCG W PSU Windows Ultimate SP x nbsp

A:Replaced old CPU cooler, now RAM won't run at 1866MHz

An old system is likely to have voltage issues due to a degrading PSU. test and replace the PSU. Ram also may have suffered. I will start with a fresh PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-old-cpu-cooler-now-ram-wont-run-at-1866mhz.202990/
Relevancy 26.23%

I replaced the mobo on my Dell 5510. Purchased from Dell. Sticker on mobo says BIOS ver A05. About every other day I get blue screen and physical dump of memory. My system info says my BIOS ver is A07. How do I go about changing BIOS? Is it as simple as pulling battery for 15 seconds? Some have offered this suggestion but I get a little worried at "friends" advice.

A:Replaced MOBO on Dell 5510 BIOS sticker on MOBO says A05, system in still has BIOS of A07

Removing the battery won't change the BIOS version. You need to download the version you require from the Dell site. From Windows you "flash" the BIOS. Take your time preparing for this. If anything goes wrong you will wreck your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-mobo-on-dell-5510-bios-sticker-on-mobo-says-a05-system-in-still-has-bios-of-a07.206391/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am getting a clicking noise, but it is purely audio based, I have razer kraken pro 7.1's, and a stereo with a headphone jack conector and the harman Kardon speakers that came on my laptop. No matter which audio out put I choose, it still makes this almost metronome clicking.
I checked a lot of different settings, but cant find anything wrong?
Does anyone have any ideas what it is?
Please let me know if you have had or are having a similar problem.

Thanks

A:My Toshiba is making a clicking noise through audio out put

Could be a failing hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-toshiba-is-making-a-clicking-noise-through-audio-out-put.205782/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi can any one help I cant hear any sound on my laptop its all turned up but when I conect it to my tv the volumes fine but soon as I disconnet from the tv the sound ont go.

A:Audio wont work on asus x53u laptop

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-wont-work-on-asus-x53u-laptop.204577/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello guys,
I built myself a new PC and it is pretty loud so I am worried I didn't made a good seal between thermal paste and a CPU, I use a stock AMD cooler and the CPU is AMD Athlon X4 760K, no overclocking.
Max temperatures that my BIOS showed was I think 69C-71C.
Should I be worried and should I replace thermal paste or it's all OK?
Thanks in advance.

A:High temperatures on AMD CPU?

That seems a bit hot. AMD recommends that the 760K stay below 74C and you are approaching that point. I would recommend putting $35 into a Hyper 212 Evo. that will ensure cool temps on the cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-temperatures-on-amd-cpu.205049/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys
lately I changed my windows from 7 ultimate to another 7 ultimate
then my hell started ... my CPU Usages just jump high with out any reason ... when no program running it jump to 15% ... browser take more than it should take ... and if I open any online game it jump to 70-80% which should not happen I used to open all things I want at once and have near 20% cpu usages
I tryed every think closed back gorund programs and scan for virus or malwares I tried a lot of things but still nothing no change still high ...
how can I fix this ?!!!!

A:High CPU Usage

Hello, can you post your full system specifications? Also, are you sure this new Windows 7 copy is legitimate and not pirated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-cpu-usage.204817/
Relevancy 20.64%

"No Audio Device" is the message I get when I try to adjust the volume from my "Start" button. I have an old Dell-Optiplex270 running Windows XP with an external speaker unit. I have "RealTech Audio Device" and VLC" Media Player. I read where I need to download "SoundMAX". Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device.204166/
Relevancy 31.39%

Had an AMD HP G62-227CL laptop that overheated and required motherboard replacement with similar Intel motherboard. Old board clocked at 2.2 MHZ .. new one is 2.0 MHZ.
Board I got from Ebay works but now computer believes that it is a Compaq CQ42 Laptop. Do not know the model number, which I would need on HPs site to download BIOs upgrades.

Is there a way to tell which bios I need or what model I now have?

Thank you,

Steve

A:Replaced Failed Motherboard.. now how do I determine model number and which BIOS to download?

Finding a bios update rather then the one hp would give for this board. Would be next to none.
You could check a few of the support pages for this model. Which their are a lot Of
Maybe find out the motherboard you have bought.

HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP Support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-failed-motherboard-now-how-do-i-determine-model-number-and-which-bios-to-download.203956/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone I own the Acer Aspire G- and I ve had it for a little over two years now One 5552G-7641 Aspire with Temperatures Acer Extremely High of the main problems I have with it is its temperature Right now when all I have open Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641 is Firefox and iTunes the temperature according to Speedfan is as follows HD C Temp C GPU C Core C I have the rear of my laptop suspended about cm in the air by putting two bottle caps in the rear corners This is an attempt to promote better cooling When I play video games it overheats to the point that the laptop shuts off automatically I understand that the majority of overheating issues is not cleaning enough And indeed I have never cleaned my laptop before However opening the laptop or bringing it to a tech-guy is not really an option at the moment I have read on many forums that using compressed air is efficient but I have also read that it can be extremely dangerous on laptops because of water moisture Also they seem to only pertain to desktops With that said I am here to ask for advice as to what to do with this thing The only ventilation hole is on the left of the laptop and takes up about of the side If any additional information is needed I will gladly provide it Thank you nbsp

A:Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641

Speedfan is not accurate 95% of the time. Tell me the readings using Realtemp: http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-high-temperatures-with-acer-aspire-5552g-7641.192887/
Relevancy 19.78%

So I have windows 7 installed on my pc ..... I cant hear any sound from my headphones or speakers whether plugged into the front or rear panel. and also windows shows that there are headphones plugged into the front panel. maybe that's the reason I cant hear any sound....but I tried all possible ways....also disconnected the front panel from the motherboard but still it says its connected.

A:Front audio jack panel wont disconnect in any way

Have you checked out the Sound section in Control Panel. Also check Device Manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-audio-jack-panel-wont-disconnect-in-any-way.202869/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello, im using

Windows 7 64bit
Motherboard Name Intel Whitesburg DP55WB
Realtek ALC888/1200 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [B-2] PCI
Headphones steelseries syberia v2 - 3.5mm jack

this is integrated sound card

so my problem is, what not working balance. then I press test, the sound must come from left to right ear, but it comes from both always, even I do all volume on right ear it anyway plays on both sides.
Even I delete driver, on default win7 driver remains same problem.
I tried to use earbuds, another headphones still same.

now im thinking just buy sound card to solve problem

A:Audio problem

I solved, so problem was my razor black widow keyboard it has 3.5mm jacks, so my headphones plug dont stick full.
im so shocked how razor failed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-problem.202664/
Relevancy 42.57%

My laptop had headphones plugged in because I was watching a film but while I was in another room my laptop was knocked onto the floor around - ft drop change mic to a HD audio headphones Realtek port? port a manager, landing on the headphones jack the wire is fine but the ports completely broken I can see cracks and its loose and everything The laptop has Realtek HD audio manager and in my experience of this program on other desktops I ve had I was able to change Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port? what port does what My laptop only has a headphones port and Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port? a mic port and I would like to see if I can switch the mic port to be the headphones port because I never use an external mic however in Realteks audio manager I can t find out how to do this In pictures I ve seen on the internet there is a quot Device Advanced Settings quot button as seen in this picture http www vistax com attachments ealtek-hd-audio-driver-version-hd manager jpg but my program doesn t have this Do I need to download a newer version of the software or is it just not possible to change my mic port to be my headphone port I dont mind if I have to use third party software I just want it to tide me over till I can get it sent away Thanks for suggestions greatly appretiated nbsp

A:Realtek HD audio manager, change a mic port to a headphones port?

I doubt very much if this will be possible. The mic and headphone ports are wired directly to the Audio section of the motherboard, there connections cannot be altered.

Your best bet is to get the damaged port repaired.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-manager-change-a-mic-port-to-a-headphones-port.166497/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello
I have an Acer E1-571 suddenly I have an X on my audio controller icon on home page and no audio devices in control panel. I have tried installing sound video and gaming controllers and then tried to install update but it says best already installed and still no Audio.
Any and all help greafully appreciated and many thanks in advance

A:Audio Disabled no audio devices windows 8

Look for audio drivers on the motherboard CD delivered to when after purchasing your system. If you can't find it or don't have mobo CD around, navigate to manufacturer website and download driver for audio device from there.

Good luck!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-disabled-no-audio-devices-windows-8.202541/
Relevancy 20.64%

I was not sure on what board to post this.
When running Windows XP on my older computer I could play an enhanced CD that besides a full tack of music I would also see really nice graphics in the beginning where I could make selections to see maps and different info.
Now that I am running Windows 7 I only have the option of hearing the music.
Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enhanced-audio-cd-problem.202328/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi, my relatively new "HP ENVY TouchSmart m7 Notebook PC" has been having crippling lag while playing video games. The lag slows the computer down to about 0.2-0.5 frames per second, and slows the audio down to match the video speed (which produces a grinding sound). This lag happens every 10-45 seconds depending on how long the computer has been running. Some help would be appreciated.

A:Grinding audio/video lag during video games (CPU related?)

What antivirus program are you using? Is the notebook fully updated using Windows Update? Are you running Windows 8.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grinding-audio-video-lag-during-video-games-cpu-related.201939/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi I have an older PC which I gave to my mum It originally ran Vista but I bought and installed Windows Ultimate around weeks ago after it had been inactive for months It was running great but a couple of weeks ago it just started hanging for no real reason Also at startup it would say that the computer had not been shut down properly even if it had This was only when it was switched off at the wall not after checksum defaults loaded" replaced error battery after - "cmos a restart or when the PC was left plugged in and switched on She only "cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced uses the PC to look at You Tube and some webcams from her grandkids and that s it she s not very computer literate Initially I left Windows repair to run overnight but when I looked at it the following morning it was still in the repair screen so I assume it had hung I spoke to a local repair shop and they suggested I test the RAM test the hard drive and replace the CMOS battery The RAM and hard drive checks went without any errors and after I replaced the battery the hanging stopped I played with the computer all evening and shut it down as normal and switched it off at the wall Next day I thought I would start it up just to check it and I was faced with a quot cmos checksum error - defaults loaded quot message I thought that was strange but maybe the battery was dead so I swapped it over with one from my perfectly working desktop to try it out and my desktop worked fine but after shutting down my mum s one it had the same problem when power was pulled So battery was ruled out Incidentally I will say that I reset the BIOS date and time every time I was faced with the error following up with a save and exit It worked fine until I unplugged the computer I then moved on to the BIOS and set it back to default and the same again After this opened the case and used the jumpers to reset the BIOS to default again but no difference My mum will not leave it switched on at the wall constantly in case it self-combusts same with her washing machine TV lamps etc otherwise I would just do that and ignore it Is there anything else someone can suggest that I try System Shop bought by Mesh Motherboard is an ASUS PSN-E SLI gb Ram - samsung gb hard drive - ASUS Thanks for any help nbsp

A:"cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced

I must add that the PC is the same as when I bought it new from the shop, except for adding a Creative Labs sound card (approx 2012) and installing Windows 7 (around 6 weeks ago). All Windows updates are downloaded and installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-checksum-error-defaults-loaded-after-battery-replaced.201304/
Relevancy 18.49%

Greetings reader

So im using a Radeon HD 6870 in my MSI 890gxm-g65.
Installed the hardware and when I run it on on-board graphics, windows is able to detect it as ATI Radeon HD 6800 Series. But after installing the driver for the 6870 it asks for a restart.
The BIOS screen is visible but after the windows loading screen the display just goes off, the LCD in on but it's just black screen.

I have a lot of work to do, so ill be really grateful if someone is willing to help me.

Thank You
in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-6870-not-working-after-installing-driver.202017/
Relevancy 20.64%

I accidentally deleted IDT audio from the contol panel. Because of this, the audio is not working. Therefore, I tried downloading it again but my laptop responded with [error, declined, your computer does not reach the requirement ect]
Just to clarify I have a hp laptop windows 7.

A:Audio is not working

It could be the driver you downloaded not compatible to your system.... are you using 32bit or 64bit? if you are using 32bit then download only driver for your audio according to their compatibility..likewise in 64bit..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-is-not-working.201819/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello, everybody. Sorry if this is the wrong category.

I've got a relatively new HP Envy 4-1035TX Ultrabook Laptop and I've had this problem lately: while playing a YouTube video or a song from my iTunes library, it keeps slurring and crackling. The problem is very sporadic: sometimes it will not slur at all, but other times it will once every 10 seconds. Playing a video in BS Player works perfectly fine, though.

Thanks in advance.

A:Audio and Video slur

What version of Windows are you running? Is Windows fully updated using Windows Update until there are no more updates are found?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-and-video-slur.192909/
Relevancy 20.21%

I recently purchased a Supermicro SuperWorkstation A- and am having problems getting the audio to work I installed Windows Pro and the Motherboard has built in Realtek ALC audio I did install the latest drivers that Supermicro has for the ALC I have one green plug that Supermicro Not Working Audio Workstation runs speakers and subwoofer I have that plugged into the Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working green plug on the back of the computer In the Realtek HD Audio Manager the SPEAKERS Tab is check as the default device In the SOUND window Speakers are also checked as the Default device When I play some music the green bar moves up and down in the SOUND window and in the VOLUME MIXER window So the speakers have been detected when I plugged them in and it is showing that the built in Audio is working but no sound is coming out Any ideas on this Supermicro may eventually solve this problem but I really want to get on with this using this computer now When I installed the Drivers for the NVIDIA Quadro K Graphics Card it also seems to have installed some NVIDIA High Definition Audio Drivers It doesn t seem to help when I disable them Also I noticed lots of people talking about not seeing the SPEAKERS tab in these forums I was also having that problem The computer seemed to quit detecting when anything was plugged in so the tab never came up I finally figured out how to fix that problem though To get the SPEAKERS Tab to reappear you go to the right had side of the Realtek HD Audio Manager window and click on the little folder icon A CONNECTORS SETTINGS Window pops up and there is a box you can check for Enabling auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in You need to uncheck that box and click OK You then go back to that folder and recheck that box and click OK again The Speakers tab should now appear when you plug in something nbsp

A:Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working

The next time my computer rebooted the Speakers Tab once again disappeared and there is nothing I can do that will bring it back! *sigh*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/supermicro-workstation-audio-not-working.201241/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi. I am looking for a new PC/Laptop mainly for audio editing and some amateur video editing. I have read around the web and found a few things I probably want in on my computer:

Firewire or IEEE 1394 input,
An SSD hard-drive or atleast an 7200rpm hard drive
A half-decent video card for video editing
A decent sized RAM (atleast 8 gb I think)
Processor which isnt a slug probably

I was looking at a refurbished Mac Mini for 579. (http://store.apple.com/uk/product/FD388B/A)
It has some good reviews online and since Im not too experienced with computers an Apple product would probably give me less headaches. The Intel HD 4000 isnt too good though, which might be a problem for video editing. The hard drive isn't fast either, but I read, that that can be replaced.
Any comments on this? Maybe I should build my own PC or buy a laptop, could you give me some suggestions as well? My budget is about 600-700.
Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-a-new-rig-for-audio-video-editing.201081/
Relevancy 20.64%

Iam using intel i3motherboard. My audio driver installed perfeftely iam getting no sound from the speakers for whenever I connect my headphone it is showing in realtek audio manager that current connect decvice is ......, so I can say that hardware is also fine but no output to speakers and head phones what should I do? What might be the problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-my-audio-output.200731/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi everyone!

so I was watching a video but then decided to take a break and put my old Dell laptop on hibernate for about a few minutes. when I came back I logged back in played the video back but then there was no sound.

I checked if if I was just on mute. nope. on the audio tray I can see considerable activity on the volume gauge in sync to my video playing.

I tried to connect a headset. still nothing.

I tried connecting to my TV using a HDMI cable.... audio came out of my TV just fine

So I stll was perplexed why I had no audio on my laptop even through the headphone jack

I tried a system restore. still nothing

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device.. nothing

restarted multiple times through all of the process...

anyone got any idea whats going on here ?

A:No audio coming out from laptop

Have you tried shutting it down normally, let it sit a bit & restart it?
I wouldn't of done the system resore, but....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-coming-out-from-laptop.200646/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a laptop with the Realtek high definition audio and Dolby home theater installed. After the latest win8.1 update the Realtek program has stopped forwarding the sound through the Dolby program (which it managed to do perfectly before the upgrade). I tried using Viper4Windows too but that didn't work eighter. Is there an option anywhere that will allow me to fix this?

A:Realtek and third party program problems

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-and-third-party-program-problems.200237/
Relevancy 28.38%

I just installed a GTX 760 into my computer which previously had an AMD card. After I installed the card, my Realtek HD Audio Manager decided to stop working.

When I plug audio devices in, it no longer has a window pop up alerting me that I've plugged something in. After opening Realtek HD I saw that nothing plugged in was being detected, except for DIGITAL. Picture below is what I see.

In Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound, it says nothing is plugged in in both Playback and Recording except Realtek Digital Output. I can't set anything as default because it is greyed out.

I've tried restarting, reinstalling the drivers(via Device Manager), a system restore to when it was working, nothing has worked so far.
I'm running Windows 7.

Wondering what is wrong? Sound was working fine before I installed the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-realtek-not-detecting-anything-plugged-in-no-sound.200364/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have no idea why this happened, after the update none of the ports on my computer work after booting into windows. bios was updated before this and all was fine. checked in bios if ports were enabled. still no joy. help!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-usb-and-ps-2-ports-dead-after-msi-motherboard-driver-update.200108/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,

I reviewed the forum but could not find exactly what I was looking for. I am a computer user not a builder. I am considering a high end Mac
3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5
This is like $3.3k USD. Will I get as much out of this as say a high end alien ware desktop? I am a geezer and prefer the Mac for the all in one design and aesthetics. I usually keep my Mac's for about 5 years then get a new one. Given I'm not price sensitive and my concerns, will I get as good a gaming experience on this as I would a high end gaming PC?

Thanks

A:High-end Mac versus gaming PC

The higher resolution of the iMac will mean you definitely won't be able to max out all games. Also, there's not many games to start with - Steam is probably your best resource here.

I, along with anyone else here, cannot recommend an iMac for you, unless:
- You desperately need OSX.
- You need an All-in-one form factor for some unknown reason.

$3.3K is laughably-high, and more than enough to buy parts and pay someone to build it for you. For comparison, $800 parts (<$1000 including building fee) will demolish the above iMac in gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-mac-versus-gaming-pc.200069/
Relevancy 20.64%

After upgrading my MacBook Pro with Maverick, Audio Hijack Pro pretends not finding the source application for recording. Anyone the same problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-hijack-problems.199984/
Relevancy 17.2%

Operating System Windows Home Premium A few months ago I had purchased an INSTEN Composite AV Cable for Sony PlayStation and INSTEN mm Stereo to RCA Cable M F Inch Cm Black With these I connected the sound from my PlayStation through the Audio In jack on my computer This allowed for an audio transfer from PlayStation into computer and out the Speaker Jack in the back This has worked fine until February rd On February nd I had changed my W power supply for a W power supply Problem "In Audio Line" That day everything worked perfectly however the next day I heard a "In Line" Audio Problem humming and the sound was messed up I found out the cause was the power supply I changed out the new power supply for my old one Now my audio "In Line" Audio Problem is messed up I hear what sounds like an echo in the sound If I have the speaker volume set to I can hear the sound fine but only in the left speaker Any higher I hear interference and it sounds like it is being muffled The other problem is I can t play any music or sound without the Stereo Cable being plugged in Also the port is being labled as In Line in my Realtek HD Audio Manager If there is anything that I need to add let me know nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-line-audio-problem.199925/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,
for the past 2-3 weeks I have been experiencing very high ping and lags pikes in every game that I play, my pc is virtually brand new and doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm 100% sure it is my internet connection, however I cannot pin point what is going wrong, I have IOP (internet over power) to my computer and I also have a wireless connection to my computer however I get the pinging problem with both of these. I have reset my modem multiple times, and I am on cable internet. After each reset I might only get 1-2 mins of good gameplay until the spikes start again, it is very frustrating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:High Ping and lag spikes in every game

Try one or the other, don't use both simultaneously. Powerline ethernet connections can be a beast of their own to troubleshoot dropped packets & lagg. Disabled the wireless, then try the wired connection for a while & see if issue persists. Then do the same, disable wired & try wireless & see if issue persists. IF the issue is still there, then I'd try to connect PC to the modem directly, this may require a really long ethernet cable, but doing so will allow us to test the PCs network card. IF the issue still persists after a direct connection to the modem, then I'd call the service provider and have them replace the modem - it may have a bad LAN port(s) that are causing the issues.

Post back. Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-and-lag-spikes-in-every-game.199179/
Relevancy 20.64%

Please help, ive tried everything, It was working now it wont, Please help, it's a home built pc, ive added a pic of the specs

A:No Audio Devices Installed

It looks like you have an ASUS? Go to the ASUS website. Look under Support to find drivers. Enter model number of your motherboard, select the OS and ASUS should give you the audio driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-installed.199330/
Relevancy 17.63%

I had recently gotten help from one of the forum admins/tech support, Broni, to remove a powerful and horrible virus that kept playing ads in the background.

but now that its been removed, all my sound is not working on my PC. Rebooting the pc doesnt produce sound, clicking things doesnt produce sound, my headset doesnt produce sound, my microphone doesnt produce sound or transmit it, and videos, along with music on the pc doesnt produce sound.

It seems that all sound has stopped functioning I could use some help!

A:No audio at all from computer/headset/microphone after having computer cleaned of virus

Go to your computer manufacturers website, go to the support/download/driver page.

Select which operating system you have.

Go to the audio section, and download the file , run the EXE, restart your machine and sound should work.

It's probably a driver issue..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-at-all-from-computer-headset-microphone-after-having-computer-cleaned-of-virus.199135/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi All newbie to this forum I have a sound disappearing problem Yamaha RX-V receiver Vizio audio HDMI output problem E VL TV Chromecast Win Laptop with HDMI output OK so I feed the Laptop HDMI HDMI audio output problem to the Yamaha HDMI- the Chromecast is plugged into HDMI- to the Yamaha and the HDMI output HDMI audio output problem of the Yamaha goes to the VIZIO HDMI- I am a little hard of hearing so I use the TV sound when watching movies with slightly muffled sound as the crappy TV speakers add just enough harshness to be useful It all works individually - sometimes I looks to me like it depends on what setup was running when the Yamaha is turned off and then the Yamaha seems to decide what is allowed when I turn it back on It seems like the Yamaha is deciding what sound I need over the HDMI connections when passing it through to the TV HDMI Sometimes the sound works on the TV and sometimes it does not I cannot seem to find a connection or start up sequence that always works Therefore I am not sure what is causing the issue If I disconnect everything then connect just the laptop OR the just Chromecast then it works just fine There is something going weird with the combination when all plugged in I am lost with this one and I am no novice to hifi TV or computers Try as I might I cannot find a repeatable start up sequence to begin finding out what is happening with the sound Thoughts and suggestions would be very much appreciated Thanks Harry nbsp

A:HDMI audio output problem

Most every TV I've seen the user selects the input device {TV, AV, Computer, HDMI-1, HDMI-2} and all other devices are ignored - - saying when HDMI-1 is active, the other has no effect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-audio-output-problem.198561/
Relevancy 20.64%

Just picked up a Logitech HD Pro C920 and love it. Looks great...but for some reason the audio is...weird.
It sound maybe a little 'muffled'...I don't really want to say 'choppy', but it's close.
System should be more than equipped to handle everything....
i7 processor
6GB Ram
Windows 7 premium 64 bit
I know I have different USBs inside...2.0 and 3.0....but I'm not positive which is which...wondering if this would make a difference?
I'm using onboard sound instead of my old (out of date) soundcard

Really love the HD recording but I have to have better sound!
Thanks for any help

A:Audio doesn't sound right

Switched to the (clearly labeled) USB 3.0 didn't notice a difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-doesnt-sound-right.198735/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello everyone I m using AMD FX- W with Gigabyte GA- A-DS I ve been using this CPU on the MB even on the F bios version even though the CPU is not officially supported only the W version and only from F a bios So here is noise high CPU VRM pitched or makes the problem I ran OCCT test and after about minutes or so there is a constant high pitched noise coming from somewhere around CPU area which lasts for around seconds then stops When that happens I can hear the CPU fan slowing down and temperatures decreasing which CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise would normally point to throttling the temps are very low so it s not that After seconds it just comes back to normal the test is still running and after a few minutes it happens again etc However the CPU usage frequency and voltage all stay unchanged I CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise ve checked in OCCT CPU-Z and AIDA at the same time and that is a bit confusing since I don t even know what s happening Could be some safety instructions from the mobo because of CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise the high TDP processor At some point I tried overclocking and I got to GHz with the stock voltage but I can t go any further even with the voltage bumped to V but that s not my primary concern even though it could be that I got a bad cpu example I just mentioned this because the problem could be related as there could be compatibility issues but the CPU is working fine while it shouldn t work at all considering the mobo manufacturers compatibility list I searched all over the internet and I haven t found anyone with the same problem as I m having I found that some people are complaining about coil whine and after searching more on that I can tell that this is not coil whine but more of a high pitched quot beep quot noise not that loud at all that is constantly heard for about seconds So if anyone has an idea what s going on I would be very thankful for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-or-vrm-makes-high-pitched-noise.198621/
Relevancy 20.64%

I posted this on another forum but let us see if you enthusiasts can get your heads around it I have an HIS IceQ HD in my computer right now Images for reference http www radeon d org img news his hd iceq turbo jpg http www coolingconfigurator com upload pictures HIS for is Curly You: a Audio Here GPU and Card One Radeon HD IceQ Turbo jpg http img tomshardware com us creative creative e mu jpg I have just Here is a Curly One for You: GPU and Audio Card installed a sound card in the slot next to it heatsink side The sound card reaches to just before the fan Here is a Curly One for You: GPU and Audio Card opening of the heatsink cover so it is not blocking the airflow I also have a ninety degree rotated case and there is a mm fan right underneath -- and perpendicular to -- the video card With the audio card installed in that slot the GPU dances to C very quickly just sitting at the title screen of Borderlands Without the card it sits in the seventies Sliding a temperature sensor between the two cards reads C when it is hitting C in BL Not only this but there is a semi-opaque plastic cover sitting in between the GPU heatsink and the audio card Not to mention that the audio card s heat output Here is a Curly One for You: GPU and Audio Card is negligible at best The audio card is not interfering exhausts or intakes they are snug but there is still a gap to slide a temperature sensor in-between and even if it was there is an insulating cover separating the two Unfortunately I cannot put the audio card anywhere else and the GPU when placed in the other slot will run at x PCI-E instead of x PCI-E I am stumped nbsp

A:Here is a Curly One for You: GPU and Audio Card

Is that a problem if it runs at 8x instead of 16x?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/here-is-a-curly-one-for-you-gpu-and-audio-card.198594/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

I have been looking to build a PC for about 2 months, First I was sure id want to build a full tower desktop but lately I have been interested in the idea of a mini PC,

I want to use it for gaming on ultra graphics ( BF4 and Elder scrolls online when it releases) and watching movies.

What Im most worried about is the temperatures, but ive read around and it seems it shouldn't really be an issue with a good case with proper fans and a good cooling GPU,

any recommendations on parts?

I have been looking on Thermaltake Armor A30 SECC case and im waiting for nvidias price cut in November kinda, else I will probably go with one of the new AMD cards,

A:Building a mini PC for high end gaming

What is your budget for the project? Helps to have a reference point of what you'd like to spend and max you can spend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-mini-pc-for-high-end-gaming.197010/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello. I've got a basic problem I guess: I messed up with the Realtek microphone settings and selected "Set Default Device". I tried to fix it but I kinda destroyed my mic. - friends tell me they can hear me like I'm closer to them and they hear me worse than before. I just need to unset the Set Default Device thingy but I don't really know how.. any idea?

A:Realtek Microphone "Set Default Device"

Try doing a system restore to a previous time in which this was working correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-microphone-set-default-device.197750/
Relevancy 19.78%

I built a new PC about a month ago, and have been using speakers as a primary Audio source. However, I bought a Turtle Beach PX21 headset, and all I can do is watch Netflix/Other media ETC. I can't use Skype or Steam calls because it won't register the headset as a recording device. Why is this ?

I was using this as a reference: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turtle-beach-px21-dpx21-computer-problem.162408

,but they don't go over my problem.

Thanks !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turtle-beach-px21-isnt-recognized-as-an-audio-device.197747/
Relevancy 24.51%

I can disply my Apple MacBook Pro on my 64-inch TV screen. But the MB Pro has refresh only to 60 Hz. On the big screen this causes very noticeable flicker. What computer box or video card would I need to produce a disply on 64-inch at high enough refresh rate? (not sure what will be high enough). (Am using HDMI of course).

Thanks very much for any help!
btsyly

A:Vid Card with high enough refresh rate for 64-inch screen?

Something is wrong with your connections. 60Hz is plenty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vid-card-with-high-enough-refresh-rate-for-64-inch-screen.197646/
Relevancy 24.94%

http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/bf4-loves-high-speed-memory

This was posted by Corsair a couple of days ago. What does everyone think? Is this just an attempt to get people to upgrade to shinny corsair ram, or is this finally a reason for gamers to have good ram/ overclock our current sticks?

A:Battlefield 4 loves high-speed memory?

No way the average FPS increases by 20 just by adding faster RAM (1920x1200 ultra graph)... BF3 barely gains 3 FPS from high speed RAM. It is just bloated graphs and marketing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battlefield-4-loves-high-speed-memory.197380/
Relevancy 40.85%

Not sure if I'm in the right section

Just unpluged my m audio delta 2496 card to do some other repairs. After reconnecting and powering up I have no sound in Cubase ( In device setup selecting m audio delta driver I get the following Error message "audio engine error could not activate asio driver m audio delta" Now even windows system sounds don't work. Have tried re-installing 2496 driver....no go. Any suggestions would be welcome.

A:Error message "audio engine error could not activate asio driver m audio delta"

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next TechSpot post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-audio-engine-error-could-not-activate-asio-driver-m-audio-delta.197151/
Relevancy 20.64%

There seems to be no option for configuring a rear mike on this motherboard (Asrock). Do you have any suggestions?

A:VIA HD audio deck

Model of the motherboard will help with finding a solution to your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/via-hd-audio-deck.196660/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi there, I've been having some real frustrating experiences trying to get my speakers to work. it all started when I replaced my hard drive after the old one died. The speakers I plugged in via audio/ headphone jack stopped working. The computer doesnt recognize any playback devices through the jack. But it will recognize my usb headphones no problem. I've tried every possible solution to this problem already listed on other sites (updating drivers, checking sound to enabled disabled audio devices,ect.) and none of them have worked. Any ideas? Also please dont post the whole "go to device manager and update drivers, or check sound to enable devices", I;ve already done that and it didnt work. Im looking for some real insight, not just a "solve all" solution.

A:Windows 7 will not detect speakers via audio jack.

I remember having a similar issue years ago and it turned out my speakers were analog and the card was digital. When I swapped something out, I had to correct the settings on the speaker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-will-not-detect-speakers-via-audio-jack.196426/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi,

I've removed a lot of things yesterday and when i check today, i lost sound. I think I accidentally removed something related to sound drivers or something like that...but I don't remember what.
There is no volume control in the taskbar. I have reinstalled the audio device and everything is fine but still no sound. I also checked the device manager and there is no any conflicts.

Here is my sound devices information in the attachments.

Thank for helping

A:Have audio device installed but still no sound

Did you also try looking in Add/Remove Programs to first uninstall Realtek from there?

If not, try that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-audio-device-installed-but-still-no-sound.165169/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi all I hope someone can help me out I recently built a new system and am having trouble with the audio no sound what so ever from monitor speakers or plugin speakers I am running Win Home Premium SP with an AsRock FM A Pro M B AMD A - K APU with Radeon Graphics GHz Gb Ram Nvidia GeForce GT Gb Graphics card I have read through and tried almost everything suggested within this forum but I am still unable to fix the problem There No audio from frustrated new build, very are no missing drivers the volume status bar reacts with music shows indicator fluctuating have plugged in headphones No audio from new build, very frustrated stand alone speakers but still nothing I am also concerned that I do not get a post beep when booting up I am not sure if I need a chassis speaker for this as I am using the same tower my last system was in and there was a post beep on that Does anyone think that installing a dedicated Sound Card may fix this issue Any help would be appreciated Cheers Tom nbsp

A:No audio from new build, very frustrated

Try running this: http://goo.gl/1pIzam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-from-new-build-very-frustrated.195524/
Relevancy 17.63%

The title says it all. I recently started playing Medal of Honor and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and on both games I get a frozen screen with looping audio which forces me to shut the computer down via the power button.

after doing some searching around on the net and trying various solutions, I have determined the next step is to disable on board sound. I know this sounds like a noobish question but, is there any way to get sound out of my computer? is there a BIOS setting that allows me to disable the on board sound but still get sound out my PC? these 2 games rely heavily on being able to hear what is going on,

I have an ABIT IP35 Pro with no secondary sound card.

thanks.

A:Can I get audio if I turn onboard sound off without a sound card?

No that'd be impossible. if you turn off the onboard sound, how are you gonna get some sound delivered to your speaker or headphone?

you should try disabling the onboard sound and check if it fixes the issue. if it did, also try to uninstall your current audio driver and install the newest one.

looping audio does not always means the onboard sound is faulty. it usually goes on loop because that portion of the soundtrack is already loaded into RAM. therefore it still plays even when the computer froze.

the problem might lies in other thing such as video card or overheating CPU since you indicate it only occurs when you're playing games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-get-audio-if-i-turn-onboard-sound-off-without-a-sound-card.195934/
Relevancy 25.37%

About two days ago I was messing with my resolution in my computer whe I saw something wired that I never seen before and that was that there was some higher resolution than I change and high too Resolution can't it seen before so I set it as that Everything worked Resolution too high and can't change it fine intill I started to play swtor and when Resolution too high and can't change it I quit the game my computer screen whent blank and all it said was the resolution that my comp can hold I have a Nvidia GTX Ti I done everything I know that might solve my problem but nothing works I tried to run my computer on my onboard graphic card and it works fine and I can see everything The problem only happens when I tried to run it on my other graphic card I tried to run it on safe mode and change it through there but it still does not work I don t know if is because the graphic card is not getting enough power or something like that Can someone plese help me this problem is driving me crazy If anyone knows what to do please tell me that will really help me I have a Nvidia GTX Ti W power supply nbsp

A:Resolution too high and can't change it

First: Try changing resolution through Screen Resolution menu (Right-click on desktop)
Second: Try changing it through Nvidia Control Panel
Third: You monitor will have an auto-calibration function, accessible by the buttons under it, or any software provided by the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resolution-too-high-and-cant-change-it.179944/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi I recently posted a topic about upgrading my z socket mobo to and newer higher end board with way cfx sli support But now I am going to be selling my Msi z board and my intel k to a buddy at work and with the money I will be upgrading to the newer k or Haswell High Mobos end the k High end Haswell Mobos if High end Haswell Mobos it is released in time and if it is socket High end Haswell Mobos Now with that said I have around - budget on a new Z board with way cfx sli support I m only spending this much because with this setup I don t plan on upgrading to a new processor mobo for a couple of years Here are the motherboard I have been looking at MSI Z Xpower flagship board http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Asus Maximus VI Extreme http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Gigabyte GA-Z X-OC Force http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Gigabyte G Sniper LGA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Now as far as the boards go their all very similar the Asus Republic of Gamer boards seems to be a lot of peoples choice when it comes to Gaming Rigs but then MSI Xpower board seems to have the best On board audio and On board Lan Chipset which would be nice because three s will probably cover all the PCI Slots but the board has the highest price tag So out of my choices listed I m just wondering which board seems the best to go with when it comes to BIOS and high overclocking on both the CPU and three s in Triple CFX By the way this is a Gaming Pc Thanks a lot for opinion s and comments for which to go with nbsp

A:High end Haswell Mobos

The 4820K will be socket LGA 2011. It will not work for this build (Z87).

When looking at high end boards, you do not need to look at onboard audio and LAN since enthusiasts usually like to buy sounds cards and high end network cards. But the Xpower comes with a Killer networking card already, so that is out of the way. You may want a sound card though.

All the boards have their advantages, like the Xpower has a killer (brand) LAN card, the ASUS has great quality and features (like the OC panel), and the Gigabyte, well, I dont know xD.

Keep in mind though, the Xpower motherboard is an XL ATX. Make sure your case can handle it.

I would recommend the ASUS since I love ASUS boards and they have great quality, but the MSI one is also tempting, just make sure your case can fit it. It really comes down to color schemes since all have great features. The Gigabyte may be loud since it has chipset fans, so I would avoid them.

If you are doing a triple xfire configuration, I really think you should water cool them since they will really heat up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-haswell-mobos.195831/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey all having some graphics card problems and would appreciate any help I built two identical computers for my parents from spare driver? graphics screen after installing Black parts and some new components just to give them something to use until they can buy something newer Both work fine with the onboard graphics but video Black screen after installing graphics driver? play back Black screen after installing graphics driver? performance is obviously low very choppy Trying to install an upgraded graphics card and does the same thing in both systems System specs Dell Optiplex GX Windows XP home SP GHz Pentium GB ram Onboard graphics is Black screen after installing graphics driver? Intel G Graphics card I m trying to install is a PNY VCG APG This is a Nvidia Geforce card ddr mb x AGP interface Should mention the card was new last winter and hasn t been installed in any other PC s When I install the card and boot up it shows the specs of the graphics card in the upper left corner Goes through the normal bios and windows boot screens Windows opens in a low res graphics mode says found new hardware etc etc loads nvidia driver from windows update and prompts a reboot After the reboot it goes through the load screens again and shows the windows boot screen with the progress bar for about seconds then just goes black Monitor says quot no signal quot and goes into stand by If I restart in safe mode I get a signal back and can open windows but in low res of course Tried updating driver with the newest one from nvidia s website and no go Does the same thing All other drivers on the system are up to date Tried going into the bios setup too integrated devices-- gt primary video controller gives option for quot auto quot or quot AGP quot when the card is plugged in With the card removed it gives quot auto quot or quot onboard quot options Tried setting it to AGP and still nothing Help nbsp

A:Black screen after installing graphics driver?

Did you get this fixed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-installing-graphics-driver.194843/