Windows Support Forum

Faulty CPU ?

Q: Faulty CPU ?

Decided my system needed an upgrade so i bought an Asus A v x-x mobo mb DDR ram and a W PSU Using all other bits from my existing set up Assembled everthing and it posted no problem and recognised ll the bits I decided that a fresh start with a nice clean drive would be the job so decided to Fdisk and reformat Thats where the problems started i have Fdisked and formatted drives many times but this time whenever i ? Faulty CPU tried to Faulty CPU ? load the OS it kept coming up that the free space was being incorrectly reported and asking if i wanted scandisk to fix the fault I would ask it to fix the fault and the try to load the OS then it would tell me it could not decompress the cab file and the D which is the boot disk RAMDRIVE was write protected I checked all cables and that everthing was seated correctly everything looked fine and the PC continued to post ok After about a dozen attempts to set up the drive i took out everything and put my old mobo and CPU back in and bingo everthing worked fine OS loaded a treat The CPU i Faulty CPU ? was trying to put into the new setup was a Sempron the mobo came with the revision BIOS so it was Faulty CPU ? compatible with the CPU Now the CPU was previously in a PC in which the mobo and PSU blew I rebuilt this one for a friend but replaced mobo CPU and PSU Everything else was fine drives ram etc and went in the rebuild and i assumed that the CPU was ok and only the mobo and PSU affected What i would like to know is are the problems i had indicating a fault in the CPU or a fault in one of the new components If i have to buy new CPU fine but any other bits will be under warranty and i dont want to spend money replacing something that is not faulty i apologise if this is a bit rambling any help would be much appreciated Logo nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Faulty CPU ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Faulty CPU ?

I doubt it's your cpu. If your cpu was bad, nothing would work right. You couldn't have seen anything on the screen if your cpu was bad.

Are you loading xp? If so, it has it's own drive format utility built in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-cpu.31526/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello Ive been having random reboots on a new Is faulty? my PSU machine i recently built EVGA i mainboard GTS mb Core Duo ghz x Gb Corsair Ram I googled my problem and found a guide on this forum saying to run Speedfan to check my PSU for voltage consistency The program after it opens up shows my temperatures all as blue down arrows except for the HD and CPU which are green quot Check Marks quot My voltages in the lower left hand corner read Vcore V V V AVcc V Now my main question is are these the v v and v rails he speaks about in his post http www techspot com vb topic html If so arent they all off Atleast the V reading more than V off seems bad to me This may seem like a stupid question but im real tight on cash and if i spent what i have on a new really nice PSU and i was wrong about this id be angry As a side note in Speedfan the green check mark next to my CPU Is my PSU faulty? which idles around C occasionally turns into a red quot up arrow quot for about seconds then back to a green check I havnt seen the temp go over C though I love this computer except for the random restarts and id be extreamly happy if i could fix it Appreciate any help you guys could give Thankyou D nbsp

A:Is my PSU faulty?

" id be angry "

LOL - you'll be even angrier if you don't and your sweet mobo gets gerfunkled.

Yes, that is TOO low on the 12v rail. Whether that reading is accurate or not is another question. Getting a measurement off of a 12v fan lead might verify that if you have a tester available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-psu-faulty.79578/
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm having intermittant problems booting up. Sometimes I get wrong system disk message, other times just the 'wait' message while you think its booting up. I've gone into the bios and 'auto detected' so it will continue to boot at times.
Sometimes if I give the tower a 'nudge' it will continue. I'm using Windows 98 and have a 8 Gb HDD and a second 6Gb formatted but with nothing on it yet. Any ideas? How do I change the boot to use the other drive? but still able to use both for data. Thanks

A:Faulty HDD? help

cabo

If you 'nudge' the tower and it continues, that might suggest a loose IDE connection.

Open the case and check that all cables are secured firmly.

Firah

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-hdd-help.131632/
Relevancy 34.4%

About a week ago this CD-Rom Faulty started happening with my cd drive and now its annoying I have a x cd-drive don t know the company its a few years old now maybe or i recently moved it over to a new computer and it worked fine no complaints Recently it hasn Faulty CD-Rom t been responding Its detected by the system and it seems to be working properly until you try to get it to read something I ve tried audio and data but it will read nothing A friend of mine suggested it being a power problem but it ejects fine and the led s Faulty CD-Rom seem to be functioning normally I even double checked the connection no luck I checked the IDE connection no luck there either and the audio cable is in place I changed nothing the day the breakingness seemed to start except that i moved it spaces down in the case but that means nothing please help me -Cd-Driveless and confused nbsp

A:Faulty CD-Rom

If the drive is bad change it. They’re not that expensive and even name brand drive break, I've had brand new CD drives do the same thing worked five minutes ago then suddenly nothing, the tray open and closed but nothing else works, 9 of those drives where BTC's never buy any product that BTC makes they are all trash. *click here for a CD drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cd-rom.144541/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi there,

I have a PCI-E slot that doesn't seem to work with a 9500gt. The 9500gt worked for many months then all of a sudden, no display appeared on my monitor one day. I switched to another PSU (weaker but still adequate), but still the same result. After doing some more hardware changes, I assumed it was a dead motherboard. Luckily I had a friend who had a spare EAH3450 Silent, and it worked! I have been using it ever since and my PC has ran with no problems.

I also tried a 9800gt and still no display. I checked the BIOS menu and saw that the display adapter was on PCI, changed it to PCI-E, but once again the same problem. I am not sure if this is a power problem since the 9500gt has such a low requirement and worked for a period of time. Any suggestions as to what might have happened?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-pci-e.841842/
Relevancy 34.4%

just bought a new pc case with a 350w psu,built pc using following
asrock m266a mobo,
p4 1.8ghz,
256 pc2100 ram,
maxtor 40gb hdd,
dvr rom,floppy.
switched on powered up but nothing on screen,lights came on fan started,hdd made noise,
i didnt know what was up so i switched off and moved switch on back of psu to 115v from the 230v position switched back on to see if that made any difference but then nothing happened no power lights etc,so switched off and reset switch to original position now still nothing happens.have i broke it or something.
any suggestions appreciated

Relevancy 34.4%

hi, i have windows xp and until just recently, everything was goin okay. i scanned my computer with mcafee and erased around 3000 adwares or as the program says "unwanted files". now, when i type something to someone on aim, there is huge lag and a long delay before the message gets sent. i tried trillian and gaim and they are both the same. plz help!!

A:faulty AIM

welcome to tsg

are you running a p2p client such as kazaa? if so, you deleted the manditory adware that comes with kazaa, and im guessing it could cause system problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-aim.257345/
Relevancy 34.4%

I hope Faulty cpu? that my assumptions are wrong I have been experiencing some problems with my laptop and I Faulty cpu? think its the processor Its a compaq pressario m with a celeron m cpu ram I was in the middle of a dvd movie when the sucker just turned off The laptop was hot and I have been suspicious of dust in the fan or the heatsink due to the choppy playback of dvd movies So I opened up the laptop and remove all the dust that had form a lining in between the fan and heatsink Ok great now the damn thing shuts off after a couple of minutes of use I thought it might have been the HD so I ran knoopix and it work for a while then it halted I was able to quot walk quot windows without any proggies running for like mins I dual boot suse and when I try to load Faulty cpu? that os it shuts off in the middle of kernel probing I also attempted to run the memtest in the suse cd and after pass the laptop shut off When I opened it I did not see any signs of burnt hardware I have not Faulty cpu? overclocked the cpu but I am getting the feeling thats the culprit any suggestions nbsp

A:Faulty cpu?

It sounds like you may have dislodged/bumped the heatsink. I would suggest reseating it with some good thermal paste.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cpu.552485/
Relevancy 34.4%

I bought my new TB Caviar Black WD FAEX couple of weeks ago The HDD? Faulty only thing I've put on the drive is a GB backup Acronis image of my SSD Thing is it would appear to be faulty Normally my PC boots fine from SSD with HDD connected but couldn't get it to boot last night it was hanging on the starting windows screen forever Also when I loaded Acronis to see if I could access the TB drive it took some time while Acronis was 'Analysing E ' then it came up with 'failed to read sectors ' After cancelling it went into Acronis backup and recovery screen and I could see the drive and the backup image But Faulty HDD? when I disconnected the drive my SSD booted fine Having used Faulty HDD? Crystal Disk last night and HD tune these are the results There only seems to be one red block Do I need to RMA it or Faulty HDD? just format it and see if it clears But even if it does clear does it suggest a dodgy drive Just rang the etailer they said rma and collection will be ok but they'd like me to run WD's own Datalife Diagnostic Tool So I better do that I suppose

A:Faulty HDD?

Oh well, it's all academic now as I've got an RMA sorted, collection tomorrow and then replacement drive in a few days.

As it happens, it took ages for the WD diagnostics tool to read the drive and the estimated time went up and up and up to around 40 hours before it got past the bad bit. Now it's showing under 2 hours left.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/261695-faulty-hdd.html
Relevancy 34.4%

i was reading through another thread an noticed HJT has been updated, so naturally i upgraded to the latest version - but when i ran a system scan it srashed! i got one of those messages saying HJT stopped responding would u like to send an error report... and so on. has anyone else had this? im on winxp home sp2. i still have 1.98 somewhere but if this is a problem then it should be looked at. thanx

Relevancy 34.4%

Tried adding 512mb of pc133 to an old samsung v25 which only had 256 installed, the laptop powers up but screen just goes black and doesn't enter bios or boot. I've tried removing the old ram and installing the new ram in it's place but same result. Is it simply a case of the new ram being faulty or is it possibly some other reason?

cheers

wolfee

Relevancy 34.4%

:wave: First time here. hello, guy's my name is alex.

I have a dell and i installed a 1 tb hd and then tried to boot, but no sound. And the cpu fan would turn for 2 sec's and shut off, the monitor would start to come on but shut off. I checked all connections and only removed hd. well found someone on craigslist that checked it for me and said it was the processor?
could that be true?
And also on a different pc, is it bad to have a cpu on a motherboard that is to fast. this guy said the cpu is to fast for it. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank You all. alex from council bluffs, iowa..

A:Faulty PC

It would be very, very helpful if you could give us the hardware specs including make and model. How old is this system? Can your motherboard handle a TB harddrive, particularly the BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-pc.159037/
Relevancy 34.4%

I was wondering if there was any diagnostic tool out there that could determine if my CPU is kicking the bucket?

My graphics card is fried at the moment, but I also think that either my CPU or RAM is dying. I notice that my computer is running VERY slowly. I'm not sure if this could be contributed to the dead/dying graphics unit, but I'm worried nonetheless.

Thanks in advance.

A:Faulty CPU?

Is your computer slow at restarting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cpu.636400/
Relevancy 34.4%

I ve been having problems with my computer since i moved it into a new case but the latest problem is the worst yet my computer doesnt seem to want to Faulty...something? recognize that i have a disc drive hooked up to it the power doesnt go into the disc drive because the light doesnt come on the drive is brand new after i bought one thinking the old one was broken and neither of them will light up as though they were powered up this was never a problem until i moved the parts into a new case so far ive disconnected all the new cables hooked to the case LED s and new Faulty...something? front USB port and so on so that the computer is exactly the same as it was in the old case still nothing i switched out the power to the hard drive thinking that if just the cable was ruined the hard drive wouldnt run but it did the cables are all in working order is it possible for a power supply to just not like parts nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I have been given an Advent 5421 laptop by my neighbour which runs 32bit window vista basic.
The problem with it was 4 or 5 after starting the window it freezed I was not given a manufacturer’s recovery DVD and because of the problem was not able to create one after many unsuccessful attempts to reinstall the O/S or to use the utility provided by the vista I removed the hard drive and placed it inside my laptop and managed to reformat and reinstall the Vista (home premium) using the recovery DVD that I had for my Advent laptop and it worked fine on mine but when I tried to place it back and run it again same problem It won’t let me run vista and when I do try to run the recovery utility it freezes
Dose anyone know how I can sort this problem out I be very grateful

Relevancy 34.4%

I had a faulty key code for windows 7 professional and it screwed up internet explorer. Now I cant do anything on my laptop with any program unless I am in safe mode. Does anyone have any suggestions or can I put my computer back to windows 7 starter. Thank You.

A:Faulty Key

What brand and model computer do you have? Where did you acquire the Win 7 Professional program?
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-key.993610/
Relevancy 34.4%

new sony vaio possible RAM? faulty sz p periodically goes to the blue screen of death possible faulty RAM? and does a physical memory dump then reboots first time it did this it didn t reboot and i had to reinstall xp pro it does this with a variety of apps open usually word excel mathematica acrobat reader i ve attached the minidump files if anyone has suggestions as to what might be the problem i ve tried the windows debugger which pointed towards a symantec issue although i don t think i used it correctly that i patched but the possible faulty RAM? problem recurred Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer F F possible faulty RAM? C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter f dcd parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c f dcd c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer F F C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter f dcd parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c f dcd c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer F F C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer F F C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter f dcd parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c f dcd c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer F F C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c c c nbsp

A:possible faulty RAM?

A sony Vaio with norton on it has to be THE worst combination there is!!!!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-faulty-ram.61156/
Relevancy 34.4%

Greetings.
Last Christmas, I ordered a 1TB Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive online. When it arrived, it did not work at all, for my network did not detect the drive, even with seemingly nothing wrong.
Since then, I have called Iomega and replaced the drive, and this one arrived a few days ago. Since its initiation (that is, after it being plugged into my router) the bottom indication LED on the drive has been flashing between orange and blue, which is apparently due to the drive failing to detect a DHCP server.
What is it that I have to do next to fix it?

A:Faulty NAS

Do you assign IP numbers on your network, or do you let the router do so?

If DHCP Server is enabled on the router, it'll assign an IP#. If not, then DHCP won't even be detected. Now, if you DO have DHCP Server enabled on the router, you're probably looking at another dud - this time with the nic in the NAS being bad where the other one was a bad controller. Or even a bad cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-nas.898773/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am having problems using my CD Drive.

I am getting the error message....'handle invalid'

Is this a software error, or CD Drive error

thanks for your help

Lee

A:Faulty CD?

Boot from a floppy with CD support. Does it work then?

When do you get this error, anyway? When you put in a disc? When you open My Computer and click on the CD drive? What OS are you using?

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cd.34651/
Relevancy 34.4%

I Ram? Faulty have a pair of Kingston Value Ram DDR mb x that seem to be giving me some trouble When I first finished my computer I would get a BSOD at random times but I switched in another module of ram and it went away for awhile But it came back now at more specific times though It started to just freeze on me I could hear the harddrive shut down my hard drive has an annoying whir it makes very noticeable and the screen would stay up on what I was doing Now it just turns off I can see the BSOD come up but it goes right to blank screen and all that stays on is my fans Now the ONLY things that make it do this are web broswers Firefox in particular I havn t noticed it in any others but I don t use other ones anyways lol and torrent programs Another thing I Faulty Ram? noticed is my page file usage wow Sometimes I notice it go up to mb and if I ve been playing games for all day even after I close out it ll say I m still using about mb of page file when all I have up is windows media player Anyways this isn t a huge issue to me it s just rather annoying haha If it is faulty ram I can just RMA it Thanks AJ nbsp

A:Faulty Ram?

The best way to test your RAM is to download Memtest86 and run it overnight. If it passes that the RAM isn't your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.69694/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all!
does any one know if plugging a lead into the router in say port 1 and plugging the other end into port 2 could ruin a DVR plugged in at port 3?

Relevancy 34.4%

I just did an external test boot. With just the the CPU, graphics card. motherboard and ram all installed. But When i started it up I had no beep from the motherboard speaker and no display on the screen. I am now starting to believe that somthing may be wrong with one of the compannats.

Unless anyone has any ideas to why nothing is happening I am going to asume there is a faulty part.

Does anyone have any idea which part might be faulty? Or just any idea of why I am getting no display and no beep.

Thanks.

A:I think something might be faulty. Help please.

You forgot to post the detailed specs of your hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-something-might-be-faulty-help-please.1038510/
Relevancy 34.4%

So my mother's Geforce 6200 fan has started to catch on the sides of the heatsink, I have no clue if its because the little axle inside the fan has warped, or due to overheating or maybe even in need of greasing.
My first question would be, is there a way to find out if it is even fixable? Second, if not, are any of you familiar with any north american component dealer stores that I may find?

I'm located in Odessa, FL
Ordering online isn't really an option tho if I absolutely had to I would, I'm more interested in just going to some store and snatching up a new heatsink for it.

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello there I have just attempted to install a stick of MB PC DDR Ram in my PC The starter screens recognise the amount of RAM although they only seem to see about MB instead of the which is in there but the PC is crashing like crazy in fact I can t even get it to log in So I RAM faulty? my Is new took the stick out and everything is fine Now I was about to send the stick back to the person I bought it off when I thought I would test it using PC-CHECK the floppy disk Is my new RAM faulty? based hardware testing tool to my suprise it passed all the tests Now I recently tried Is my new RAM faulty? installing another stick from a friend who said it didn t work at all which seemed to be working fine until it a few weeks later when everything went haywire I tested the RAM and PC-CHECK said there were definate errors with the memory So I took the stick out and the PC is now fine So the question is is it possible that the problem could be with something else on my Pc like the memory slot in my motherboard or should I send the RAM back and try again Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Is my new RAM faulty?

I'd pick up one of these memory tests, install the memory as the only RAM in the system, and run them. Try moving the memory to different slots to see if the location affects the errors. ANY errors running these tests for any length of time is a problem.

Microsoft Memory Diagnostic

MEMtest86

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-new-ram-faulty.357476/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a fairly new computer with fairly new cd-rom drives, however, the drives will only read my accounting cd-rom from school and will not read any music cds or gaming cd-roms. They worked before, but now they are acting up. Could there be another problem other than getting new cd-rom drives? Please help!

A:Another faulty CD-ROM

Things to check.....
Cables to the drive and motherboard are seated all the way in.
Make sure the drives jumpers for master and slave are correct.
Is the drive detected correctly in device manager? Is there any exclamation points?

Try these out first before assuming you need a new drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-faulty-cd-rom.360835/
Relevancy 34.4%

days ago while I was playing Skyrim I noticed black dots on floor in one ruin I thought it was a bug and carried on minutes later after loading screen for a second my screen was made of horizontal lines mostly brownish color and a few green pink lines I immediately quit game ran Firefox and when I attempted to load a video from YouTube my screen flashed for a second and the space where video player MB? or GPU Faulty should be was black At that time I had Sapphire HD installed I assumed that GPU was faulty so I removed it and installed Gainward GT it was the best of all the ones that I've got And I installed a fresh Windows Faulty GPU or MB? Ultimate x It worked fine for - days but my computer was slower a lot and system showed my CPU speed to be while before all that it was GHZ OC And two days ago while I was on YouTube listening to some songs I got blue screen of death I did not manage to see which error code was it cause I panicked and just turned of my computer And I couldn't restart it with BSOD nor turn it off with my power switch so I turned it off with my power supply on off switch Sooo again I assumed my 'new' GPU is bad it was loud but not 'normal loud' so I removed it and installed some random GPU that I found ATI Radeon HD series This time I did not reinstall my system It's horrible and my computer is still very slow my OC got reseted cause I removed the battery after BSOD and now it's back to But I still get problems with this GPU for example Desktop Session Windows Manager stops working for no reason and I have no Aero for a while then it just starts working again And I have this ugly problem see picture below which I've seen before with faulty GPU but how unlucky can I be to install THIRD bad GPU And just a week ago I was planning on buying AMD Radeon R x GB OC but now I am not sure if I should buy it or maybe change my MB or CPU cause these problems confuse me Is there any program that tests the health of my MB and other components I would appreciate if someone could help me or advise me of what to do next I have to mention that where I live we often suffer power outage with no beforehand warning Thanks in advance

A:Faulty GPU or MB?

Mostly when I have same sort of problems with my PC I run Hiren`s Boot CD when my computer starts up.
It has alot of test tools that can help you determine the problem, maybe try it out, see what you can uncover.
Hiren's Boot CD

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334422-faulty-gpu-mb.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I am new here. My pc recently restarts playing some games which is strange to me. I did some internet research and found that it could be me psu or gpu.
My pc spec:
Intel core i7 870 (base clock)
Intel motherboard dh55pj
Sapphire hd 6870 igb
Transcend ram (4+2) gb
Samsung 500 gb hdd
Thermaltake smartpower 550 watt psu 80+ bronze

Also I borrowed a friends` 6850 gpu+ 450 watt psu to see if there is anu problem in my mobo or processor but it was just fine. But I gave my friend my gpu psu combo and he faced problems like mine after using them for 1 week.
So now I am certain that either my gpu or my psu has gone bad. but I cant know for sure which one.Any helps.....

A:Faulty GPU or PSU?

Does your friend have a 500W PSU so they can test your GPU with their PSU? If they can test just the GPU, it might answer your question.

Actually 500W has head room, a 450W PSU might be enough to test for a week or so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-gpu-or-psu.188680/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am unable to measure any DC volts in my PC and suspect that there is no mains supply to the PSU . What would be the sequence of steps that you would take to determine where the fault lay, obvously whilst complying with safety proceedures?

A:Faulty PSU

Just buy a psu tester as they do not cost much and use it. If the psu test bad then replace it not repair it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-psu.506704/
Relevancy 34.4%

MSI A m-E mobo AMD A - k apu Corsair w psu x PNY RAM Windows bit I've posted a couple times on here stating that my CPU was overheating while gaming HWmonitor and Speccy both were showing my temps jumping around from - c while at idle I then read that those third party apps have a hard time reading temps on the apu's so I found and downloaded AMD Overdrive and it is showing my PSU? Faulty temps are fine even during the more intense parts of the game but computer is still crashing full restart of the time and then screen freezes with a green checkered boardish looking deal mixed in with the picture my monitor was already displaying the other It gets weirder than that though The problem first showed up when I Faulty PSU? playing Rust which is an open world mmo survivor game and I was playing with a friend also I play another open world survivor game called Life is feudal and i didn't seem to have the problem with this game at first until another player walked up to me in game and we were chatting for a bit then boom computer crash I can log on and Faulty PSU? play for hours at a time alone in game and hardly ever crash although it still happens sometimes but as soon as another player gets close to me I can almost guarantee a crash within minutes Only think I can think of would be a psu going bad idk if a computer uses more power when trying to communicate with another or what seems like that would be an internet issue Any help would be appreciated

A:Faulty PSU?

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600486/faulty-psu/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello guys.
mu issue is more less common,at my home the electricity is neva stable..its on and of most times...so I woudnt say I used the switch button to turn my pc off.
but a lito while ago,I have this problem of checksum error default loading..poping on the screen,my mouse, keybord not rensponding with some strange noise..(bips) its wen I visited this site read about som tips on the CMOS battery changing ,jumper settings and re-set , but it neva worked so I went for repair it was ok..they tod mi the noise was the one of the RAM was faulty.but wen I went home I tried the other RAM teking off the current RAM one the pc replaced with the one he clamed was faulty was ok..that ment the RAM was finebut the RAM slot was nt not ok...nw same thing has happened and am prity confused...

A:Faulty RAM?

Are you having trouble with your keyboard, or is English not your first language?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.186050/
Relevancy 34.4%

yesterday, when i opened the pc, the net is so slow, sometimes it gives me a failure to read response, sometimes the pages wont even load, i tried to reset winsock but the problem is still there.

A:Faulty net?

What type of internet connection do you have?

Post your numbers form here: http://www.speedtest.net/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460284/faulty-net/
Relevancy 34.4%

A while ago I was working on my computer when out of the blue it restarts. I picked the -Start Windows Normally option. Before it even gets to the desktop it would restart all over again. It did this until I removed the RAM sticks from DIMM slots B (slot 3 and 4) Now my computer is really slow. My computer is a HP a250n with 4x 256 ram.

A few days ago I did a full wipe on the HD to see if that would clear up the problem. It works well with only 2 sticks. When I put in the 3rd or/and 4th sticks I get to the desktop fine but only for a few minutes then it restarts and the screen goes blank. I tried switching the sticks but nothing works. What could it be?

A:Faulty ram?

Do a memtest
Have you tried swapping the memory sticks from 3-4 with the ones in 1-2?
This will help verify whether it's the sticks or the slots.
The memory test will help also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.134655/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello good people My PC was running fine but then one night I turned it off and in the morning when I went Faulty Faulty PSU HDD??? or to turn it on it took ages There was no slow degradation it just went from being ok to not being ok When I hit the power button it used to spark up straight away now it just sits there for about five seconds and then sparks up and loads up slowly Once it s loaded it seems to work but more slowly than it used to I have hard drives both partitioned The C drive and F drive are on the old-ish original HDD and an x and y Faulty PSU or Faulty HDD??? on the new hdd I Faulty PSU or Faulty HDD??? have most of my program files on the c drive and documents etc on the f drive X and y is mainly for multi media stuff As I say everything was working fine I could be wrong but it seems that when I access the c drive it is slow but when I access the z drive it isn t as slow unless I launch say an mp file then it takes a while for the track to play I assume and possibly wrongly that its because the mp player is coming from the program files an the c drive I have run the usual suspects of spyware etc and posted my HJT log for someone to look at and they say it looks fine there were no nasty surprises on any of the scans I have scanned the disk and checked for errors and its fine although it did take an age From reading forums it seems like it could be a faulty PSU or my hard drive is about to die I have backed up the suspect hard drive with acronis so my question is how do I go about determining exactly what the problem is Some other clues that might help are Sometimes on booting up it would scan the z drive and do the error check thing for no apparent reason well not apparent to me anyway I never asked it to I have scanned the z drive since and it was fine The first morning I had the problem it was trying to boot up from the diskette and just keep cycling through and stumbling at the same point I changed the bios thing to ignore the diskette and it then loaded up Thanks for your time G Windows xp home Service pack Mcafee internet security suite GB ram Athlon xp mhz nbsp

A:Faulty PSU or Faulty HDD???

Does the Chkdsk give you any error on the Z drive? Might check all cabling and be sure everything is tight. You talked about C: AND F: on One HDD and X: AND Y: on the other, where does Z fit in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-psu-or-faulty-hdd.550551/
Relevancy 34.4%

i have an inteldbg850 motherboard think that it went out how do i find out. i hear no beeps ive tried 4 different graphic cards and 3 different monitors dont have a whole lot of money to replace computer right now. could it be the cpu or the motherboard and how can i tell. please help single father of 3

A:Faulty cpu or the mb?

Go back to the most basic setup you can imagine...
One memory module, one video connection, and a cd or a simple hard drive... or an external floppy drive with a Windows 98 disk.
Attempt a boot.
If no boot, change to the other memory module. Attempt another boot.

The idea is to try various simple boots, and avoid using the hard drive if you can... use a different hard drive known good with Windows 95 or windows 98 installed... or boot to a floppy boot disk or a CD with Windows 98, 95, or ME disk on it..
Motherboards are pretty solid, and the Intell is one of the better ones. Processors rarely go out.
Common failures are (1) dead memory module, (2) failed power supply, or (3) bad hard drive. Very often if any of those three are bad, the computer will not start up.
Testing the power supply is more difficult. Once simple test is to watch the back of the power supply with a strong light. Have somebody else press the <ON> button while you watch to see if the fan blades on the power supply turn. If they turn only 1/8 turn to 1 turn and quit, the power supply is usually bad and is the likely problem.
Better yet, buy or borrow a power supply tester. They cost anywhere from $9 to $29, depending on quality or complexity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-cpu-or-the-mb.119082/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am unsucessfully trying to repair IE 6. I was told to run sfc/scannow (message from repair site) - but I get the following error msg "Windows cannot find sfc/scannow" etc. please make sure you typed the name correctly etc. etc ...........

When I am trying to open something like "the news" from an email, it opens up in IE as an invalid syntax ("the page cannot be displayed"). Mozilla is my chosen default browser and I also run Acoo.

I have XP Home Edition S Pack2.

Any suggestions? I only keep IE on the system for programs which wont work with other browsers

Regards
Judy

A:IE 6 Faulty

There needs to be a space between sfc and /scannow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-6-faulty.505457/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,
I noticed when I play PS1 games as well using ePSXe emulator, it behaves just like PCSX2 and the temp of the CPU goes to 78 C and the fan spins so fast
My laptop again is Inspiron 15z i7-3537U 2GHz

I made a discussion in a gaming forums and that his reply.
Is he really right?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988114
Relevancy 34.4%

Would a faulty RAM socket or module make this flashing screen come up?

This screen came after "a half post" where it posted the the first few lines of what it was supposed to. The reason I ask is cause when I moved the RAM into the other socket on the board it worked fine?

A:Would faulty RAM do this?

It could, especially if you its integrated video.

I'd test the RAM to be sure its good: http://www.memtest.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/would-faulty-ram-do-this.551418/
Relevancy 34.4%

I recently put together a brand new computer from Newegg parts, with 2x 2GB ram. Windows, however, is only recognizing 3.15GB... I also just got a blue screen with the message "Page_Fault_in_nonpaged_area"
Could this be bad RAM?
I have assembled computers before and I know how to properly install hardware, but could it have been an error on my part?

Relevancy 33.97%

The first time my problem happened, it was fixed by installing SP2. However it is now BACK. In WinXP's Help & Support, there is often a blue underlined phrase : 'Related Topics' at the bottom of the right side pane. Normally when that is clicked, a box with a few topics opens. Clicking on one of those topics causes another page to open - i.e. they are (hyper?)links. I no longer get acces to the boxes with the various topic links. Instead, I get a box 'Connect to' inviting me to go on-line, or at other times for every click on Related Topics, an icon of a scratch-pad appears a paragraph higher up. Since SP2 is already loaded, and a reloading of it does not fix the problem, what can I do now ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-help-support.563984/
Relevancy 33.97%

I was having problems w/ my PC running Windows XP, sent it in to CompUSA, and got it back even worse. When I tried to start any Microsoft Office program, the PC tried to install it. When I clicked "cancel" the installation stopped and the program opened. CompUSA said they could "erase" the hard drive & reinstall windows. But they returned it with no M. Office programs, blaming me for not having the right CD. (I gave them the only CD's I have) Is there any way to get the Office programs to work ? Can I switch the system back to Windows 98 ? (I have that restoration CD) would I then be able to use Word, etc. ? Any other suggestions or help would be very welcome.

Relevancy 33.97%

I am having problems with some WMV files - some still work fine but in the last few weeks these problems have appeared on a handful of wmv's:

* they dont have thumbnails in explorer thumbnail view (image 1) or
* they have messed up thumbnails in explorer thumbnail including the folder thumbnail (image 2)
* appear messed up in windows movie maker and export this way too (image 3)

however they all still play without any problems so far in Windows media player 11

whats gone wrong and how do I fix this?

please please help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/faulty-wmv-videos-472688.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I bought what was supposed to be a GF8440 GS card from an ebay seller which was identified by my W7 PC as a GF8300 GS card.

The card seems faulty as it can only provided 640 x 480 resolution on both VGA and DVI.

Probably a chip fault but is it worth taking the heatsink off an reapplying paste ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-pci-e-card.1164990/
Relevancy 33.97%

OK..Computer seems to be running really slow and takes for ages to open files ect..have 1gig ram installed..p4 3.4..when i open control,hardware devices,where it tells you the comp name ect,it does not state the processor or ram figures,the bottom part of the list is blank,does anyone know if this is a ram problem or processor one or anything else...

many thanks...

A:Solved: Is My Ram Faulty

Well, you can do a pretty comprehensive memory test, that should answer the RAM question. Try either of these.

Microsoft Memory Diagnostic

MEMtest86

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-my-ram-faulty.523362/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi
I am using a Toshiba NB100 and Windows XP. THe internet has been working fine but recently I can't connect to it. When I hit troubleshoot on MSN it sayd that I have faulty key ports. I hit repair but nothing happened.
I also went into "internet options" and unchecked the "server certificate revocation" and it wouldn't work. I have swtiched the modem on and off, I have taken the wires out. I have changed the firewall settings. But nothing happens.
The problem is that it keeeps coming and going. the internet will work for a few hours and then stop working. the internet detector on my laptop shows that the internet is connected BUT I can't open a web browser!! I don't know what else I can do. It's frustrating because it comes and goes and I've never had this problem before.

HELP PLEASE! Thanks.

A:How do I fix faulty Key ports???

Please show for when you have a connection and again for when you do not ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.
Paste the results in a message here.

After you lose connection do you regain it w/o doing anything? If you do something to regain the connection, what?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-fix-faulty-key-ports.965246/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello to all out there!
I was trying to burn a dvd disk, but my burner was trying and never stopping. I wasn't even able to open the burner by pressing the open button. Even after restart it continued to run without stopping.

I got curious why the disk would not burn, so I scanned the disk in question alongside another disk which was untouched yet. I found that around the inner periphery the disk which could not be written had two circles while the untouched on had one circle. Could that have to do with the problem?

I'm attaching images of the two disks.
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-dvd-media.1169306/
Relevancy 33.97%

Product Panasonic DVD Recorder Disks RAM and DVD-R This is a strange problem so you need to read the post carefully This DVD Recorder has developed the following problem It plays music and video DVD s perfectly without any problems However it does not recognise its own RAM disks or any DVD-R disk that it has recorded When any music or video DVD is loaded it immediately plays the disk When a RAM disk or a DVD-R disk is loaded it returns the message quot No Read quot This means that it quot sees quot Faulty DVD Player the disk but cannot read it The disks themselves are good because they will play without any problems in another DVD machine I have done all the quot normal quot things like clean Faulty DVD Player the laser ensure that the mechanical parts are lubricated and running smoothly cleaned out any dust checked the electronics cables and connections All looks good Thanks in advance for any suggestions T nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-dvd-player.848775/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a MS Sidewinder Precision Pro 2 installed.Games installed are, MS Flight Sim 2000, MS Combat Flight Sim,Armored Fist 3, European Air War.
Since reformatting "C" Drive and reinstalling the joystick, it runs haywire. The tank runs round in circles, without any command from joystick. FS crashes as soon as the aircraft in airborne. It seems as if the joystick goes straight to default mode as soon as games start. Can any help on this or do I need to re-format?

Relevancy 33.97%

Hello everyone I write to you as a last resort so I hope you will be able to help me with my problem or at least hint me in the right Faulty connection direction Problem I experience problems with my internet broadband connection when browsing Every - seconds the browser will be unable to find anything Just searching trying to find a connection this will happen for about seconds and then it s back on This is a big problem for me My setup Modem -- gt Router -- gt Stationary Computer All wired Hints Faulty connection The problem occours Faulty connection on every computer thats on the network My stationary wireless laptop or even a friends computer Roters channel changed No improvement Router replaced No improvement Modem replaced No improvement Router skipped Modem -- gt Stationary Computer No Improvement Switched to another phoneline box in the house st choice did not work at all nd choice offered no improvement Called support times they can offer me no more Support saw a problem with the connection while having a static IP on my systems This is now changed to a dynamic and they said it looked a lot better But still no improvement and it s exactly the same so I don t know what they were talking about Router and modem reset I experience this most often when browsing and not so often in online games I believe it must have something to do with the browser being more sensitive with a quick loss of connection where games will keep simulating an online state if it s only for a few seconds That further makes me believe that the connection is not lost for seconds but only for a few and therefore that the browser need to catch the connection in some sort of reset which makes it feel like a lot more time than the connection is actually lost This is only my theory Computers run XP and Vista There is of course nothing that is using up the bandwith It happens both when security is on and off Please forget about the router A direct cable from the modem does the same thing as already said I m no expert but I m not stupid either I believe I ve cut of every step that could be faulty but it s still there I really hope someone can help nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

My Notebook keyboard has stopped working. The touchpad appears to be ok. Also the battery light does not work although the battery charges ok. The virtual keyboard is ok. I have reset the unit back to factory settings which did not solve the problem. Windows 10 has been installed and uninstalled on the reset but the keyboard remained faulty. Everything was perfect until I passed through airport security a few days ago, although this unit has been through several times before. Any help would be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Keyboard-faulty/td-p/5630649
Relevancy 33.97%

When I lost my internet connection, I tried to reset the router (Linksys WRT54G v. 3) as often I have done before. This time when I entered the router's address for the setup program it wouldn't connect. Is it likely that a router wears out? I've had it for over 5 years.

Thanks

Relevancy 33.97%

Sometimes when i boot my Windows Vista computer, it trys to boot from a network. It obviously doesnt find it and it tells me to hit enter. I hit enter and proceeds to boot normally. My computer then runs find for 5 or so minutes. It runs at a reduced speed but nothing terribally slow. Then it either hangs at my desktop and has a white film over it (i can't click anything at all), or it reboots my computer, or it will go into this mode(see screenshot), which leads me to believe i have a faulty harddrive. Is this the case? or is it something else? also how would i go about fixing it?

A:Possible Faulty Harddrive?

Hi and welcome to TSF try entering the bios F2 on boot and set your hdd as first boot device

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/possible-faulty-harddrive-553569.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
1 49 20 14 72.249.0.65 -
2 8 10 9 206.123.64.82 -
3 43 48 27 216.52.191.98 core3.tge5-2-bbnet2.ext1.dal.pnap.net
4 8 6 16 216.52.191.98 core3.tge5-2-bbnet2.ext1.dal.pnap.net
5 15 24 7 207.88.82.221 207.88.82.221.ptr.us.xo.net
6 18 22 32 207.88.82.221 207.88.82.221.ptr.us.xo.net
7 23 Timed out 6 193.251.128.101 gi5-17.dalse1.dallas.opentransit.net
8 Timed out Timed out Timed out -
9 Timed out Timed out Timed out -
10 Timed out Timed out 165 193.251.131.185 so-6-0-0-0.loncr4.london.opentransit.net
11 Timed out 147 Timed out 193.251.131.185 so-6-0-0-0.loncr4.london.opentransit.net
12 Timed out Timed out Timed out -
13 153 Timed out Timed out 87.237.20.241 -
14 125 126 116 87.237.20.241 -
15 Timed out Timed out Timed out -
16 Timed out Timed out 139 95.144.120.253 -
Trace complete

Relevancy 33.97%

i rebooted my laptop and didn't back it up . i can't get my cd's to play. the reason for this is there is no non-plug and play device . i have tried updates with no success . could anyone help me with this problem. the code that is coming up is code 41 thanks:

A:faulty cd player

http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272544

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cd-player.707335/
Relevancy 33.97%

Intel Core Duo CPU E GHz GB of Ram GIGABYTE GA-P -S G LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard WD Caviar quot Green quot or something HD Microsoft XP SP I've noticed that my month old computer seems Memory Faulty to have the hiccups When I hit my scanner button to start up it Faulty Memory PS it no longer says quot Photoshop quot in Canon's quot photoshop or image quot box that pops up Instead it says quot Phot quot Eh Then I customized the save to shortcuts windows to point to specific directories I frequent Over the last couple of boot-ups the computer has forgotten the names of those directories Not too much of a Faulty Memory biggie since I remember which folder is which but it is disturbing The third thing is that my GB ext HD is suppose to be a certain assigned drive letter while my GB Passport is suppose to be another Now the drives have been switched thus killing my shortcuts to those drives Also my computer will randomly lose access to the Passport and demand that I reformat it Any idea what is going on I've done some virus scans to no avail

A:Faulty Memory

Added note: my computer keeps "forgetting" how to use its Search option when I click on the Start button. I'll move to click on "Search" and it'll literally do nothing. Very inconvienent.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/faulty-memory-279509.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I built a gaming pc last month and everything works except for playing games everytime I try to play a game I get a red screen of death within the first - minutes I have gotton support from the developers of the games and I have troubleshooted just about everything you could think of Even when I run furmark or unigine heaven benchmark my pc gets a red screen crash within the first minutes it isn't an over heating problem becasue I the gpu temps don't go past celcius and the cpu don't go past celcius Every crash I get the dump psu? defective faulty gpu or files point to ntoskrnl exe driver has to do with memory has casued the crash When my pc crashes all of my components and fans are still running and the gpu is running just as it did before the crash that's why I don't think it is a psu problem not supplying enough power but a gpu problem for some reason once it is required to work for a while it craps out Here is everything I have tried and any advice of what I should rma first the gpu or psu I have defective gpu or faulty psu? not updated the bios on my motherboard should I try this Should I contact asrock first so they don't void my warranty -ran memtest for passes error ram is fine -ran defective gpu or faulty psu? sfc scanner -scanned my hard drive no problems found -unninstalled antivirus -tried to play a game in clean boot environment still got the crash -did a clean install of amd drivers multiple times -clean install of windows twice -troubleshooted with steam and developers of the games and nothing worked -I tried more things but if you bring them up I will remember of I tried it -I have attempted many more things I can't list everythig here here are my parts https pcpartpicker com user shadybk saved any advice would be greatly appreciated If you want dump I can provide them but everyone that has looked at them can't find anything specific I have tried looking at the event viewer but I don't understand most of the language the computer uses

A:defective gpu or faulty psu?

I looked up ntoskrnl.exe and hit on the Tom's Hardware site. Go here Ntoskrnl Windows 10 and see if anything helps you there.

This tells me it could even be your motherboard. Although, generally, high video usage generally will get you errors, so it could be the video card. Or even faulty RAM. I think the PSU would be the least suspect of all, then the motherboard, you say RAM is fine, so for me, I'd have the video card checked.

Are you playing only one game or several? If only one, that could be suspect also.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/41626-defective-gpu-faulty-psu.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys I had a quick question regarding my PS keyboard not working help! Faulty Mobo?! Need on initial boot up I just finished by new build turned the computer on and get a screen on the monitor with an ABIT logo that says press tab to show POST press DEL to enter setup Now the problem is that my keyboard doesn t work Here s what I ve tried so far I took the keyboard and hooked it up Need help! Faulty Mobo?! to another computer and it Need help! Faulty Mobo?! works fine there so the keyboard isn t faulty I got a PS to USB converter and hooked the keyboard up to that to see if a USB connection would work but still doesn t I tried using a completely different keyboard as-well and it also doesn t work Is it safe to say that my motherboard is broken When I start it up it gives me the beep so I assumed it was working properly This is my first build that I ve ever put together so forgive me if it s something really simple that I just am not thinking of I just took out the CMOS battery for minutes put it back in and it still doesn t work After the first quot beep quot the lights on the keyboard will flash but then it doesn t work I also took out all hardware and put it back in checking all the connections to make sure they were secure ect Here s my hardware ABIT IP -E Motherboard Intel ghz nm GT GB Ballistics W Cosair nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

I have created several slipstrem c.d's but I have found that if I try to do a fresh install when it gets to the product key and I enter it it states that it is incorrect.
I am using my original c.d with sp1 I slipstrem it with a microsoft sp2 c.d and I cannot work out why it does not acept my original product key.

Can anyone help with a posible cause and or a solution to this problem

MANY THANKS

Darren

Relevancy 33.97%

This is a bit crazy but I have two copies of Red Alert 2. Both take inordinate times to load the game, in fact one cd from each copy fails to load at all.

I have dozens of other cds and they don't have any problems like this.

Seems like Westwood screwed up when they were burning their cds?

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi
My AMD 1.4 seems to be running poorly. Yes it works but two things make me think it is the reason why my internet speed which starts off fine then slows to a crawl. I initially posted may 22 under software "Internt-a tale of two computers...". I seemed to have exhaust all answers to the speed problem.

I downloaded HOT CPU TESTER PRO from www.7byte.com. This software puts a cpu through a 6 hour test. My AMD 1.4 lasted 30 minuites before it shut down. The operating temperature of my cpu is 61 degrees celsius well below the max of 90.

I have read that there is a heat problem with AMD thunderbird cpu's but my fan works and the temperature is well within the comfortable range. Would anyone know another way to see if my cpu is faulty?

thanks

Relevancy 33.97%

Kit Dell quot Latitude quot CP Laptop Problem Having found that the CD-Rom drive was not responding to commands but was shown in WIN se Device Manager but no CD Controller it was decided to reformat and re-install WIN Sequence of events on clean install Drive? Faulty CD-ROM attempt Boot from WIN Recovery disk Fdisk OK with single partition activated on GB HDD Partition formatted OK w - system files Re-boot from FDD selected quot Start w Faulty CD-ROM Drive? o CD ROM support quot Created WIN directory on C drive WIN CD in Drive Changed to drive E CD drive - D is now ramdisk Message quot Drive E not ready quot Tried this several times with same result each time As the CD-Rom D drive would never recognise when a disk was present with the original OS when the system was operating OK in all other respects and is still not doing so I believe that the drive is faulty It is seen as being in the bay by BIOS but that is all I have cleaned the drive and connectors within and without the CD caddy itself and made sure it was properly seated The FDD operates from within the drive bay no problem but is mounted externally from the parallel port during the attempted re-install with the CD drive in the bay The drive is a Toshiba XM- B which Dell say needs no additional drivers these being provided by the OS Do I have a faulty CD drive or is there another real possibility nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

i have a dell inspiron 1300. it had roxio and nero installed on it. i used the roxio to burn cd's until recently. the drive seems to have gone bad. i cannot burn a cd using it. i have uninstalled both roxio and nero to no avail. all that shows when a disc dvd or cd is blank. what can i do?

A:faulty cd drive

Pertinent error messages received when trying to use the drive?

You properly uninstalled both Roxio and Nero?

Did you try any other burn apps...e.g., Imgburn?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387000/faulty-cd-drive/
Relevancy 33.97%

I got a pc custom made only a month ago and when i first got it it worked fine But then i started getting random system crashes and errors memory faulty when installing programs and extracting files e g installing sp would come up with the message of file is corrupt when extracting its files reading around i thought it might be a problem with my memory so i ran memtest and sure enough i got heaps of errors The computer came with two MB memory chips and so i tried each one separately in faulty memory all four slots and one gave errors no matter which slot while the other worked fine in all of the slots So i assumed it was a one-off bad memory chip So i ran my comp on the single working MB but a few days later i got the random crashes again - and when i ran memtest it came up with several errors i e now both mem chips will not work separately or together in any slot What could be causing OK memory to start going faulty like this My specs are Gigabyte GA- I P-G motherboard Seagate GB harddrive Pentium faulty memory ghz Nvida geforce gt graphics card Windows XP home w SP nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi

I've found a Dell XPS B600r in the recycling center and took it home. I put it together correctly, but it won't do anything, but lighting up the power LED and start all fans and drives.
Screen flashes with some vidoe-cards one, with others it's always black.
RAM is ok, cuz th PC beeps without, but with he don't beep.
I hav removed everything except the processor and ram and the powerbutton form the board.
I have tested with a 333MHz, a 600MHz and an unknown processor. I have tested with about 2 AGP and 1 PCI graphiccard, and without.
Always the same.
I have removed the battery once too.

Is the board bad? Can I fix it?

Greetz H4N$L!

A:Mainboard faulty?

I would do a google search on the MB to find out the exact specs. Then if I had the parts I would try a build.

If your recycling center is anything like mine (a stopping place before the dump) then the MB is probably bad to start with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mainboard-faulty.357215/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey everyone, my cd-rom drive isn't working very good. When I put in a disk, it usually can't tell that there's a disk in it. And when i go to My Computer and double click on it, it says: "please insert a disk into drive: E" even when there is a disk in. When I put in a certain cd and then double click on drive E it will work (sometimes). I don't know what's wrong, do you think it's broken or the driver is just messed up? The driver I have right now is (the one it lists in device manager): CREATIVE CD5233E-N
Can anyone help?

Relevancy 33.97%

google redirects to different websites i used atf cleaner malware bytes and super antispyware but nothng fixed this problem any help would be greatly appreciated thank you very much in advance

A:faulty browser

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer. Sorry for the delay the forums here at BC are alwaysvery busy and we do are best to keep up. If you no longer require any help could you let me no please, so this topic can be closed.My name is Syler, I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. Whilst I am helping you, I wouldbe grateful if you would note the following: Please do not run other tools or scans unless I ask you to and follow all the steps I give you, in order.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask before you proceed with my instructions.
Please continue to work with me, until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
If I do not hear back from you within 5 days of my last post, then this topic will be closed.First I would like to see a new log since alot could have changed since your origional post.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232599/faulty-browser/
Relevancy 33.97%

Windows XP - My display has formed vertical lines and the letters are randomly incorrect - XP will start up and then shut down on it`s own. It will remain on in safe mode but display is faulty. I have reinstalled windows but it is still faulty.

Thanks

Relevancy 33.97%

I ahve just purchased an ew fan it is an Arctic Cooling Freezer 4 CPU Cooler (Socket 478) (HS-016-AR). I have installed it but the fan will not turn. I have tried it in 2 different pc`s with the same result. I think it is faulty or is there something I need to do to get it working, cheers Dojo

A:Solved: Faulty Fan?

If the power cable for the fan is plugged in properly into the motherboard and it is not working, then send it back for a replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-faulty-fan.412916/
Relevancy 33.97%

b font System After hunting down many clues on the net and different forums and searches I think my problem has something to do with with a broken driver maybe a network driver As you can see I am an AOL user with their standard BT voyager ADSL modem and Hjt To W/ Cpu 100% At Due Driver? Log Faulty have the updated broadband drivers that were recently sent out by AOL My modem systray icon shoes an and tells me I have limited connectivity I can still connect and the connection isn't hindered it still runs at its max speed when it needs to My system is okay in Safe Mode I've scanned it with AVG Adaware Spybot S amp D Microsoft Anti-Spyware beta and WinASO Registry Optimizer just to get rid of the mass of useless files from previous Cpu At 100% Due To Faulty Driver? W/ Hjt Log uninstalls Don't know whether you've got enough info to help me let me know if there's anything else you need to know Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS System winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system gsicon exeC WINDOWS system dslagent exeC Program Files VoyagerTest fts exeC Program Files AOL a waol exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files AOL a shellmon exeC Documents and Settings James HOME My Documents Sys stuff hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet ExplorerO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run GSICONEXE gsicon exeO - HKLM Run DSLAGENTEXE dslagent exe USBO - HKLM Run FP Friendly fts exe quot C Program Files VoyagerTest fts exe quot O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - Extra button no name - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - no file O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Plugin for pdf C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS nppdf dllO - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cabO - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CABO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF B - A - B - - FE DF D DiameterTransfer Control - http www sis com download SISTransfer cabO - DPF A CF B-EC A- D-A D- DC B AB B QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class - http aolcc aolsvc aol co uk computercheckup qdiagcc cabO - DPF D B - A B- ECA-AED - F F E AOLLaunch Class - http www disneyblast go com setup activex AOLLauncher cabO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com v co b O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - DPF A A -F - AD- - BC B DD Crucial cpcScan - http www crucial com controls cpcScanner cabO - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download MsnMesse pDownloader cabO - DPF BB F ... Read more

A:Cpu At 100% Due To Faulty Driver? W/ Hjt Log

Hello bravestarr5 and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of viruses or malware in the log. There are a couple of housekeeping items to clean up so let's do that while you are here.Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)Now close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.I also do not see any anti-virus or firewall software installed. You should definitely have a good antivirus to stop infections before they can start and spread. Here are 2 free anti-virus programs that are available for personal use (I use these on various machines and they are both good):Avast Home EditionAVG Anti-VirusYou should also have a good firewall for blocking unwanted access to and from your computer. These also are free for personal use:Kerio Personal FirewallZoneAlarmIt is best to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.As to the AOL issue, if the connection speed and browsing are not affected then it could just be a funky tray icon and I wouldn't worry about it. If it is causing problems then youshouldcontact AOL to see if a fix or workaround is available since it deals directly with their software.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53215/cpu-at-100-due-to-faulty-driver-w-hjt-log/
Relevancy 33.97%

can a processor work for a while then quit , and then be ok for a while after etc etc.

possibly overheating under light load.

A:Is my processor faulty.

Usually when a processor is bad, it quits period. It doesn't work part time. What processor/system specs do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-processor-faulty.471181/
Relevancy 33.97%

For awhile now ever since I got a new motherboard and a new hard drive I have been getting Stop messages and the blue screen of death everyone loves so much So far I have gotten Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL stop messages such as x A x D and the first one which was x E and the occassional sys file located as the problem Alcxwdsm sys nvenet sys and alcxsens sys The last time which was a few minutes ago it was IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and had the stop message x A Since my computer knowledge isn t that um good I ve been Drivers? Faulty doing a lot of research on these They seem to all point to a driver problem but all of my drivers are up-to-date I ve reinstalled them and reupdated them and nothing I m starting to think it is a sound driver that is doing Faulty Drivers? it Last night while playing World Of Warcraft I disabled my sound driver Realtek AC and didn t have a problem at least for a couple of hours The time between the blue screen varies from min to like an hour I have also gotten booted from WoW with a error and a - http www blizzard com support wow id mSearch amp strProduct ww amp query query amp strSearch http www blizzard com support wow id mSearch amp strProduct ww amp strSearch amp Query Query Maybe it s the RAM but it was working fine with my other motherboard and hard drive RAM - DDR PC mb and sticks of DDR PC mb and mb Maybe they re conflicting Any advice would be appreciated If you need them in the order that I got them let me know I ll try to give them as accurate as possible nbsp

A:Faulty Drivers?

Test the RAM one at a time, if all pass try each separately then add one at a time and run some more. Mis-matched RAM is always a crap shoot.

http://www.memtest86.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-drivers.479321/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a Benq 8000 that is as dead as a dodo.
The external power supply is fine, and testing pickups for the battery suggests there is power there, but otherwise it's dead.
I have swapped part between it and my old Sony Vaio laptop, well at least parts that are compatible, and everything seems to be working. Clearly I can't swap the mainboard and this has led me to suspect a faulty mainboard.
Trouble is I can't identify it to find a replacement. The middle of the board has the following information:

DA0PM1MB8D1 REV

and on the back

TPT MV-0
94V-0E88441

But I can't find this with a google search or a reference to what the BENQ Joybook 8000 mainboard might be.

Anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 33.97%

i have an emachines t the other day i was curious to see if i have ddr or ddr ram i popped the case and checked the ram but on my way i bumped my heatsink i pulled out my cpu and fixed all prongs that were bent only and then put everything back thgether and closed it up when i turn my computer on nothing happens nothing shows mobo? Faulty up on the screen the fans spin normally and it sounds like it s booting up for a sec but then my hard drive stops clicking ive tried everything new ram new Faulty mobo? video card resetting cmos running with minimal components but nothing fixes the problem i think my mobo might be broken maybe i shocked it with static i doubt i broke the cpu because it doesnt respond to anything when its not plugged in but it responds and soinds like its beginiing to boot up when the cpu is in could anyone give me some suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there,

Here's my problem:
I have a problem burning CD-Roms. When I burn a CD the process terminates correctly. When I look on the CD, there's nothing there!!
When I put the CD in another CD-Rom drive, same thing...
The CD is only readable in a Burning software program (Nero). There I can make an image from the faulty CD-R. The image is OK!
What happens here?? It seems the burning laser generates too little power... So the burning is done, but the CD-R is usesless.

Please help!!!

Conf:
Targa Visionary XP laptop (AMD 2200+)
CD-RW drive: Samsung CD-RW/DVD SN-324B

Thanks
PpiepP

A:CD-writer faulty?

It could be as simple as a dirty lens. Have you tried cd-rw's? Also make sure the software is set right. I had that happen to me. It said it was making an image, which it was, on my hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-writer-faulty.215622/
Relevancy 33.97%

In a Windows 2000 PRO PC, every time it is restarted (Start>Shutdown>Restart) the PC continues to run, but in the Restart process the light on the monitor goes from green to yellow, and that is as far as things go.

The PC keeps running, but nothing happens on the screen.

The only way to get the Windows going again is to shut it down completely, and then start it.

Checked Power Options in Control Panel, and 'Turn Off Monitor' is set to Never.

Any suggestions as to what causes this to happen, and how to solve the issue?

Thanks for the help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-restart.196265/
Relevancy 33.97%

Boiling down a problem to the simplest, single issue – my XP professional installation is not correctly installed and is not working correctly. The causes of this situation are faulty tech support, multiple repairs and fixes – almost all made thing worse.

Both Microsoft auto update and Windows Live OneCare state there is an important security update that needs to be installed. When I allow auto update or OneCare to perform the update – it fails. The error messages are as follows:

1. Security Update For Microsoft XML Core Service 4.0 Service Pack2 (kb936181 or kb916281) not installed.
2. Security Update For Cumulative Security Update Internet Explorer for Windows XP (kb936181) not installed.

What is the problem? What should be done? Why?

Thank you.

CreativeImages

A:Please Help with my Faulty XP Pro Installation.

1. Security Update For Microsoft XML Core Service 4.0 Service Pack2 (kb936181 or kb916281)
this is optional and not necessary

Go to Windows Update page, from there you can check your update history, block updates and download them
http://www.update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-with-my-faulty-xp-pro-installation.621046/
Relevancy 33.97%

Just as the title says! Oh and if you dont have a spare of the same wattage could you use a multimeter?

Thx

Relevancy 33.97%

i have a very bad stressed son again as it seems nothing is ever simple and it makes him in foul mood- dont blame him as hes spent of his christmas game which crashed so that was my computer but still annoying and now hes tried to instal the add on and it wont do anything i think i hae a faulty disk actually- it looks like a duff one came out of faulty disk? I a have the factory- blank with nothing on it- so i look at the technical support which is as brief as ever and says when you can automatically instal browse the cd open it up click n set up exe and then it starts well the disk opened up and three things appeared autorun whcih did nothing then something else cant remember then have I a faulty disk? an icon so clicked on middle one which lead me to quot run as administrator quot and then again it spent the disk icon spinning around for eternity- jst like it does when i try and instal it frm the disk and click on the instal icon- the disk icon just spins and if i leave it long enough perhaps quot this program will not respond quot message might come up do you think its a faulty disk or is there some secret key i can use to instal the thing- i think its a duff one- but if there are other ways you can instal a stubborn disk and a disk that wont show its files well only three and no more than that can you let me know- nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Just wondering if anyone can help me out here. I have just bought a new PC, this is what I ordered:Acer Aspire XC-605 G3220 6GB 500GB DVDRW Tower Windows 8.1 DesktopNow, am I right in thinking that the DVDRW means that it is DVD writer?The only thing is, I've tried burning something using Nero and it just keeps stating "Insert disc". I've tried using a CD-R and a DVD+R disc which is what I've always used in the past.Now on checking Device Manager the Drive property states this next to the Device type:DVD/CD-ROM drivesand states:HL-DT-ST DVDROM DH50Nunder the DVD/CD Rom drives.Have I been sent the wrong thing? Or is there something I'm missing?Thanks for any help.

A:Is my DVD drive Faulty?

you can find id it's a burner with nero too, just run nero info tool. by the way, it looks as reader only. can you post the ID of your Aspire? something like thatDT.SRPSG.003 it must be the first part of your serial (DON'T POST the complete serial!!!)

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Is-my-DVD-drive-Faulty/td-p/314728/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.97%

I own a Toshiba Satellite which runs a Windows XP Home Edition SP As well I have an HP tower running a Windows XP Pro SP On both Faulty keyboard? computers I use a physical French keyboard Often I change it into a US keyboard on the language icon of the task bar of the Windows operating system for my word processing needs The fun is lately I can t swap back to French on the keyboards of both computers When I click on quot French quot of the language icon I actually see quot Fr quot appear But on typing in my text editor Notepad Microsoft Word for the Home Edition and for the Professional I realise that the keyboard has not changed It remains U S The condition is permanent now Since I live and work in a bilingual country I permanently have to swap between French and US keyboards depending on the language of the text I am working on Faulty keyboard? Can this problem be a result of constant swapping between the two languages A defect with the operating systems I had tried restoring windows to no avail What solution for me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-keyboard.631852/
Relevancy 33.97%

When I try and view videos they randomly freeze. Sometimes it might run for 30 seconds and then freeze 15-45 seconds before starting up again. A 2 or 3 minute video might freeze 4-6 times before it finishes. This happens on most videos I try and view, however the video on the techguy site telling new members how the sie works did not suffer from any freezing.
Any help appreciated!!

Technical details:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 301916 MB, Free - 241457 MB; J: Total - 46 MB, Free - 39 MB; O: Total - 3272 MB, Free - 460 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0FJ030, A00, ..CN708215BSX4GT.
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Faulty Video

If possible check you cpu tempature... see wheather that is cause by CPU ... because for your system .... seems the video Decoding is handle by the CPU... and old P4 3.2Ghz is very hot.... may over 60 degree....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-video.999901/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi.
I have a MSI u130 notebook.It won't load after showing press C8,C11,etc.Using these buttons has no effect,so cannot open in safe mode.Does not have disc drive or floppy.Is it possible to get a flash bios download i can get on my desktop machine,put onto memory stick,and transfer onto notebook ? Have also tried removing battery,etc.Thanks for reading.

Relevancy 33.97%

Hey I have recently been getting BSODs randomly At first I thought it was due to my Western Digital HDD going faulty but after buying a new quot SATA and removing the Western Digital one I am still getting BSODs Please help me figure out what is the cause of the BSOD thankyou in advance This is the crash log and PC specs let me know if any extra info is required Source Windows HDD - BSOD Faulty Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date amp amp amp PM Status Report sent Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Extra information about BSOD - Faulty HDD the problem BCCode f BCP BCP D BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Bucket ID x f Server information bcb a e -c f- -bb b-f f aef ca f CPU gigahertz AMD Phenom II X Motherboard ECS A GM-AD HDD Seagate Barracuda rpm TB PSU Thermaltake Litepower W ATX PSU RAM x gb Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel Operating System Windows Build SP I think nbsp

A:BSOD - Faulty HDD

Memory Testing (including bootable CD's and floppies):

Memtest86
MemScope (Floppy and CD images.)
Roadkil's RAM Test
Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)

If you have enough memory sticks, you can test them by removing one at a time and see if the problem disappears.

If you are running Vista or 7, tap F8 on boot and choose the memory diagnostic, or if you can boot up, go to Start > Search and type:

mdsched.exe

Choose to run a memory diagnostic on next boot. Or, you can boot from the DVD and run it from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-faulty-hdd.1052813/
Relevancy 33.97%

I recently tried to make a copy of a video cd and was unable to do so. I received some error messages and decided not to attempt this again. Unfortunately ever since I did this my CDRW has been unable to recognize that there is a cd in the carriage. It doesn't matter if it is a store bought cd, or video cd or a cd that I had previously recorded on this particular unit. Before I junk it and buy a new one I would like to know if someone can help.

A:Faulty CDRW

What operating system are you using? Have you opend control panel and checked the driver info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cdrw.74178/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I have just put new - Help! Faulty Brand GF4? my Geforce MX pro TV mb DDR into my ABIT KG -RAID motherboard in place of my old ATI AllInWonder which was in last I powered up and windows loaded fine I uninstalled the AllInWonder drivers beforehand I installed the drivers for the graphics card which came in the box and it wanted me to restart after the install This worked fine Then when I went to install GTA III after this restart it crashed and restarted itself as it was installing not part of the install It then crashed and restarted itself as I tried to start Return Faulty GF4? Brand new - Help! to Castle wolfenstein and other games and also when I was just working on it I left it for a while doing nothing and whilest I left it for about an hour nothing happened it didn t crash or restart I have been into the Bios and set evreything to Fail Safe Defaults and the motherboard supports everything on the graphics card as far as I can tell Using the software which came with the CD I turned all the clock and memory speeds down to minimum Why does it keep restarting Using winxp Installed ME on dif disk and has probs with that to - it freezes with a black screen with i s at the top of the screen I have to restart nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

I haven t used a floppy drive faulty! is floppy in years but my mother swears by them hers has got me swearing I came to visit a couple of days ago and as usual she had a floppy is faulty! list of computer problems for me to solve but this one has me stumped When I try to save a file to her floppy drive it says quot Disk A is write-protected A file cannot be saved on a write-protected disk quot I tried several disks with the same results each time I verified that the tab on the disk was not set to the write-protected setting and even tried putting it on the write-protected setting in case I was being retarded but it wouldn t work either way I finally decided that her drive must have finally bit the dust so I went to the store and picked up a new one Problem solved right Nah The new drive is nice and shiny but doesn t work any better than the old one I have tried re-installing the driver but it doesn t help either Any help on this would be appreciated and would redeem me in my mother s eyes too right now she s wondering what happened to all the money she spent on my education Thanks cromulentone nbsp

A:floppy is faulty!

have u tried accessing the floppy in dos?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/floppy-is-faulty.129794/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi guys I have a philips freevents laptop x model It comes with a i core duo processor My Laptop faulty gb ram gig hdd and shared memory intel display adapter My problem started a couple My faulty Laptop of weeks back when i installed MSDN version of Vista ultimate on it day tial I shut down the system My faulty Laptop it was a proper shut down but my laptop wouldnt start next morning Completely dead and none of the keys would work except for the battery charging indicator when connected to the power My faulty Laptop supply I gave it to a local computer shop who fixed it in abot days at a cost of quid But guess what i bring home the comouter and it was working perfectly fine and then i shut down and the process repeated again The service engineer at the shop says he replace a few quot resistors amp capacitors quot which i kinda find hard to believe being a electronics engineer myself albeit a really really bad one and he says the problem was caused by rapid temperature change Well i returned back my comp to the same guy to fix it again and he is supposed to return it back to me again today im wondering what to do next bring home and try another session on Vista or revert back to XP Im not sure if this issue is caused by vista or some kinda fault in my hardware I would like you guys to keep in mind that like most other computer geeks my average session on the comp last atleast to hours Suggestion and input on this matter is highly appreciated Tell me what to do guys yat nbsp

A:My faulty Laptop

I share your doubts about the "resistors and capacitors".

With amost all components being surface mount, bery little on the motherboard is "serviceable" to that extent.

But if it is new, why are you paying for service? Revert to XP and if it still persists send it back under warranty. And don't use cracked software.

Defeating the activation is a breach of the forum rules, so expect the post to be closed at any stage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-faulty-laptop.569882/