Windows Support Forum

Does ASUS P5RD1-V support EM64T? Buy ASUS P5RD1-V OR Intel D915GAV Motherboard?

Q: Does ASUS P5RD1-V support EM64T? Buy ASUS P5RD1-V OR Intel D915GAV Motherboard?

I have bought Intel 630 Pentium 4 HT 2Mb L2 800MHz LGA775 prescott Processor, Kingstone 512 MB 400Mhz Ram, 40 Gb Seagate baracoda 7200RPM HDD, MSI 6600Gt NX6600Gt TD128E SLI pci-e. I have selected ASUS Motherboard P5RD1-V http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P5RD1-V&langs=01

I want to ask that does this mobo support EM64bit tecnology? Does this mobo support all my purchased items?

I have one more option
Buy ASUS P5RD1-V or Intel D915GAV ?
Intel Motherboard D915GAV http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/av/index.htm

Does D915GAV support both EM64T and Enhanced Intel speedstep technology?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Does ASUS P5RD1-V support EM64T? Buy ASUS P5RD1-V OR Intel D915GAV Motherboard?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Does ASUS P5RD1-V support EM64T? Buy ASUS P5RD1-V OR Intel D915GAV Motherboard?

Hmmm?

I'm not too sure about mixing up the nVidia cards in sli with
the ATIŪRADEON XPRESS 200
ULIŪM1573
I would research this board further.

The IntelŪ Desktop Board D915GAV on the other hand
seems to have what you've asked for:
EM64bit and sli and the Enhanced Intel speedstep...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-asus-p5rd1-v-support-em64t-buy-asus-p5rd1-v-or-intel-d915gav-motherboard.32360/
Relevancy 112.53%

hi friends ,
my friend has brougt Asus Motherboard P5RD1 recently,

Our configuration is P5RD1+ intel p4 2.66 Ghz, 512 MB hynix ram & weston digital SATA 80 GB hdd.
We recived excelent performance with this rig but we have a simple problem we have to use SATA drivers from floppy with every Windows installation
we are master of XP installation for this pc but yesterday we tried to install Beta of Longhon it goes up to 10 % & stops responding Blue screen error.

any buddy has tried longhon on P5RD1 with sata, i am happy to see what happens on your system & i heard that bios update will solve this problem is it ?

do you know any method other than floppy drive ?

thanks in advance

Relevancy 108.36%

I have a ASUS motherboard P RD -VM O S Windows XP SP Nvidia GT MB Intel P D GHz GB of RAM Last year I try to Install GB of ram sticks but my motherboard didn t recognize the GB so I upgrade to Bios driver It show the right amount of Mem but the performance of the computer was pretty bad So I flash back to my Original Bios and Installed just GB the Bios recognize the right amount Well after some time I decide to download and try the Beta driver with this trouble in GB BIOS Upgrade P5RD1-VM 2 to BIOS version Upgrade BIOS in P5RD1-VM to 2 GB trouble the performance of my system is half and half why ok The Internet browsing IE Firefox Opera and MSN works all right no slowdonws The download of app are ok no slow downs The Winamp app for music and WMP are ok no slowdowns The VLC Quick Time and Divx for watching videos and my editing app for videoclips some hick ups Photoshop is showing traces of slowdowns loading screens Rhino d rendering very low performance My video games are lagging very slow some of them not even load the loading screen SIMS Mirrors Edge Fall out Never winter Nights slow performance lag So I flash back quot again quot to my Original Bios and Installed just GB NOW Someone told me that ASUS have a problem in the Northbridge Upgrade BIOS in P5RD1-VM to 2 GB trouble of this Motherboard and that s why will never going to work with a Video Card PCI-e and GB of memory And someone told me in the AUS Upgrade BIOS in P5RD1-VM to 2 GB trouble forums last year this Well If the games are horribly lagging you need to increase the Shared onboard graphics memory But there is a performance penalty for this if you change it up to MB your comp will recognize GB of RAM hopefully that s fine with you Do you guys think that this will solve that slowdown in the graphical performance issue and this will not affect directly my entire system slowing it down more Thansk you very much guys for any help and assistance Thanks Toti nbsp

Relevancy 107.07%

Hi,

I have a problem after I installed windows 7 on my Asus P5RD1-VM.

My 8600GT display seem like cannot be found in the device manager. I have tried to auto scan from Nvidia website or download the latest drivers still cannot install. It prompt me say cannot detect any related device.

Please help!

Thank you

A:P5RD1-VM cannot find my 8600GT in my Device manager

Hi.

Install this driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/41943-p5rd1-vm-cannot-find-my-8600gt-my-device-manager.html
Relevancy 97.61%

I have a Intel Core Two Duo chip on and Asus p5b-vm se Motherboard. I have a simple question. Will it be able to run Windows 8? Anyone with those items running Win 8?

Thanks

A:Intel Core II Dou and Asus p5b-vm se motherboard and Win 8

hi ,so its not running any version of windows right now ,correct ,
although i do not have that motherboard,I'm running win8 pro on a similar specs Intel motherboard with out any issues

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20503-intel-core-ii-dou-asus-p5b-vm-se-motherboard-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi again

Can this mb support this ram?:

1024MB Stick, 6-Layer PCB, CAS 3.0, 128x4 Configuration (High Density), 184 Pin, DDR Memory

I went to the website but I didn't see anything that mentions if the ram can be high density...and the site doesn't really give extensive ram specifications anyway just a list of ram sticks that only reach up to 512mb that are compatible (didn't see information on if it should be CAS 2.5 or 3.0 or what either), but im sure I can have a 1024 mb stick as my board supports up to 3GB of RAM. I just want to know if the specific RAM mentioned above will work on my motherboard because I've read that this motherboard can be touchy when it comes to RAM...

A:Can an Asus K8V SE Deluxe motherboard support 1 gig of high density RAM?

Your m/b can support this RAM: 3x DIMM for DDR400/333/266 Max 3GB. :hotbounce

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-an-asus-k8v-se-deluxe-motherboard-support-1-gig-of-high-density-ram.22958/
Relevancy 95.89%

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

Asus P6X58D Premium

I heard the gigabytes UD3R's usb 3.0 get cancelled when using crossfire or sli? Does Asus Premium does the same?

thank you for your answers, would help me alot

Explain in detail if you can please..

A:Motherboard Gigabyte or Asus? Which one fully support usb 3.0 and crossfire?

I heard the gigabytes UD3R's usb 3.0 get cancelled when using crossfire or sli?Click to expand...

That does not seem very probable. What's the source of this information?

Both ASUS and Gigabyte are great brands. Just get the board that comes in cheaper as long as they have the same feature set.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-gigabyte-or-asus-which-one-fully-support-usb-3-0-and-crossfire.142775/
Relevancy 95.03%

Summary I am putting this in the UX51VZ-IS71T: on Asus Asus Question Support? general forum section and please bear with me I had posted earlier a thread about my Asus Ultrabook backlit keyboard Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support? not illuminated Thank you all that have responded to that post but nothing worked I ended up sending in my Asus for RMA and warranty repairs Here is where the fun starts I first made my case with Asus and they informed me that my Serial Number was invalid I told them that it is wrong as I bought the Laptop from MemoryLabs com which is a Certified Asus Re-seller It even posts their name on Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support? their website in quot Where to Buy Asus quot Please do not take this as racist or anything derogative but the Asus support staff are all located in India and there is no way to talk to a person in America The repair facility is also contracted out to a company called BizCom in Milpitas California Now the men and women who work at the support center in India do their best but to my understanding they are a separate company working to just take calls Same with the BizCom company which they are great but again contracted so there is nobody who works for Asus or knows Asus's RMA system My laptop has been sitting at the repair center with no updates from Asus When I contact the support center directly they said the Serial Number was Invalid and that they had to talk to Asus about the warranty service I though Asus already fixed this when I sent them my Invoice of the Laptop and that it was a certified Reseller My Question Has anyone ever had this experience with Asus before Is there a number to talk to someone in America What would you do in this situation as this is my first RMA service and unaware of what is normal

A:Asus UX51VZ-IS71T: Question on Asus Support?

I had correspondence with ASUS via e-mail. It was a while ago now, I think it was a link on their web site. It was a waist of time really. I wasn't impressed. Replies took forever and the answers seemed to be scripted responses. I eventually just gave up asking any more questions. My issue was with creating recovery media. At that time there was no way of creating a recovery disk set in Windows 8.0. The utility I was referred to only worked in Windows 7. It became a non issue when I put an SSD in my laptop and did a clean install of 8.0.

Most of those contracted out call centers go by a flow chart. Ask this question, if the answer is yes, take this branch, if its no, take this other branch. The person asking you the questions may have no technical background at all. As soon as you say I don't know, your basically screwed. Assuming you can actually understand what they are saying. I'm not racist, but I don't think its unreasonable to be able to talk to somebody that is fluent in my native language. It seems to be the luck of the draw sometimes. I've had some that I could understand easily, and some that were almost impossible to understand.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/58716-asus-ux51vz-is71t-question-asus-support.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Does Asus P6T or Asus P6T SE support Triple Channel in Memory (RAM) ?
What's difference between Asus P6T and Asus P6T SE ? Which one you guys suggest ?

Relevancy 86%

Yesterday I had a PC technician around to see why my PC was not booting-up properly and also to change my SSD to a larger SSD. As I am visually challenged I cannot do hardware upgrades etc, so I got a Techie guy in.

We used Zinstall HDD by-the-way and I would highly recommend this application for such a job plus, it is extremely fast.

Anyway, while he was diagnosing my boot-up issue he discovered I had a malfunctioning network card; while removing this, he noticed all the SATA settings were set to SATA 2.

When he reset these to SATA 3, the PC would not start-up! When he set them again to SATA 2 there was no problem and it worked fine?

Can anyone illuminate me on this please?

Thanks for any/all imput

A:SATA 3 not working on Asus P6X58D-E motherboard with SATA III support

Many people have had issues with the Marvell controller on that MB.
You may want to live with SATA 3g/s. Easiest path, no real difference except for benchmarks, and no chance of data loss.
But in case you're not satisfied with that, here's something to look at.

AHCI-mode on Marvell 9128 controller in Windows 7 Ultimate x64

and

[Solved] ASUS P6x58D-E, Win 7 (64) Marvell AT 91xx - Asus - Motherboards-Memory
A fellow name Jaquith seems to know what's up.

Bottom line is you need the right drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/237306-sata-3-not-working-asus-p6x58d-e-motherboard-sata-iii-support.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,With Thanks in Advance.

I have a system running xp with Intel desktop D915GAV motherboard.I want to change the Operating system to Vista.

I was told that this board wont be supporting Vista and i will be having problems with the Drivers.

So want your advice before i proceed to Vista.

A:Intel D915GAV Vs Vista

Who said that?

please check my system specs.

I have been running Vista for past 1 year without Driver issues.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/279640-intel-d915gav-vs-vista.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I plan to upgrade to the listed components all of the rest of the hardware has been determined to be compatible. After the components are switched out I want to verify, my approach of Win 7 Pro installation will work and if not, would someone please correct me and give me advice as to the proper approach? What my idea was after everything is hooked up and ready to install OS, I would turn on enter bios set to boot from cd, and set to AHCI since I'll be reusing my Samsung 840 120GB SSD and leave the rest of the bios set to default at that time. I'll have my Logitech model 520 wireless keyboard with the model 310 wireless mouse which came together. Does this approach seem like it should work especially the wireless keyboard/mouse? I could sure use some corrections for the proper way of installing the OS if not, it would sure be appreciated Thanks!

A:Intel Core i5-4670K & ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 questions

Search http://www.sevenforums.com/members/gregrocker.html He recently wrote a great post on "how to clean reinstall a factory OEM windows 7

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

you might run into some issues with using a wireless mouse and keyboard on install... do you have a spare USB or PS2 keyboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/306325-intel-core-i5-4670k-asus-z87-lga-1150-intel-z87-questions.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I just recently boughts parts and supplies to make a new computer, Intel Board D915GAV, P4 3.2Ghz, and so on. When I connected everything together, the computer boots, with fans and lights but my monitor gets no signal. Can someone explain to me whats going on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-on-monitor-with-new-motherboard-d915gav.28629/
Relevancy 77.83%

I am trying to reinstall xp sp Home edition on my older desk top computer as I wanted to upgrade the capacity of hard disk to GB and to eliminate various PC problems My old disk was only GB capacity Here are the specifications for my desk top Desktop is Mesh for which there is no support in the UK it ceased existing a long time ago in UK Mother Board Asus P R -VM Processor unit Intel Pentium chip IXP My old HD which I am replacing is PM - Maxtor Y PO GB capacity My new HD is Quickview Maxtor L PO GB capacity The installation reaches to the stage when it has to write the system files on to the hard disk and it fails The system BIOS recognises P4R800-VM Controller for Driver XP Re-installation Storage motherboard Mass Asus for motherboard the new disk as it is showing it as L PO in the BIOS I have gone through lots of forums and realise that mass storage device driver is not compatible with the new drive or is missing I have even tried to reinstall the system on to the old hard disk to see what happens but it still fails at the same place I do not have manufacturers disk of drivers for my desk top as it came only with recovery disk and no drivers disk I have found all the drivers chip set vga etc from Asus site but do Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation not know which driver is for mass storage Device there Or should it be from Intel site If so what the name would be Please help to get correct mass storage device driver on a floppy disk as I can only insert the driver in the installation process at RAID drivers insertion point I cannot clon old HD either as the drive is already formatted I was trying to reinstall the system first onto the old drive to correct the errors When that did not work I bought Quickview maxtor drive with higher capacity But still I cannot reinstall on the new drive I have an original XP SP Cd from another PC and I downloaded the installation programme on floppy disks from Microsoft site But even this combination does not install the system In this way the system tells me in the middle of the installation that the system cannot copy the file plugin ocx obviously this particular file is not available on the xp sp CD I have I don t know how to obtain it and from where In the end the system cann not copy the files on the hard drive and fails Sorry for the long post as I wanted to explain where I am at the moment in ths process Would be grateful for any advice in this matter nbsp

A:Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation

Almost a word for word copy & paste from THIS forum post made in 2014
@muckshifter the bus inspector should be along soon

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/mass-storage-controller-driver-for-asus-motherboard-p4r800-vm-motherboard-for-xp-re-installation.4069314/
Relevancy 76.11%

I just installed Win10 on a 2nd partition (dual boot) from an ISO, but without the Asus mobo drivers CD (yet). The Asus site says this:

"The following motherboards offer Windows 10 driver for OS upgrade and compatible installation" and my Z87M-Plus mobo is listed.

but nothing to click on to download anything. Anyone know what this means? Does it mean old disc will work or MS provided full support on initial install? Every thing seems to work so far but fonts are a bit small, so I expect the screen res is not what I had earlier with the Win10 eval install.

Does anyone have any feedback on how well it installs preserving all orig apps? Will it work if most of my apps are actually on a separate drive? Did that to save space on the SSD where "C" sits.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-z87m-plus-support.1152764/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi - I just need to know if the ASUS PSB board supports Celeron processors, cuz the one I put in instead of the PentII is not doing anything. I went to the site but I don't have an ID, and I can't be bothered right now. Thanx

A:ASUS PSB support Celeron CPU?

Are you sure that is the correct motherboard, I can't find any listed at asus, except for some notes to notebooks. And if it is a notebook which model. The one I looked at would support CeleronŪ, 128KB On-die cache* 450/ 500/ 550/ 600/ 650MHz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-psb-support-celeron-cpu.42680/
Relevancy 76.11%

They were pretty good a year or so ago. Now they don't even respond to support issues whether from the forum or from their webform.

A:What has happened to Asus support?

Maybe you were lucky last year. I used Asus boards for several years and never had a good experience with support generally. Mostly due to flaky web sites rather than outright non-response to a submitted issue, but it was enough to make me give up on Asus.

I don't think any of the motherboard manufacturers will win any support awards. You just have to hope you can avoid their customer support entirely.

I bought a Gigabayte a couple of months ago and actually got a response to a question within 48 hours---more than I expected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/155106-what-has-happened-asus-support.html
Relevancy 76.11%

hi...

My amd processor x2 5200 i got some problem so i gave to amd for RMA they replaced new Amd processor. Thing is they gave AMD Athlon X2 250. But my mother board Asus M2N-MX PLUs
I just connected tested... no display @ monitor.

Does my mother board will support AMD Athlon X2 250. ???????

Thanks...

A:Asus m2n SE Plus support AMD Athlon X2 250?

The AMD Athlon II X2 250 is not supported by your motherboard according to Asus' website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n-se-plus-support-amd-athlon-x2-250.163721/
Relevancy 76.11%

does anyone know if there is any official windows 7 support for the asus a8n-sli premium motherboard?

i have looked on the asus support website and it doesn't list windows 7 as one of the available operating systems do download drivers for.

A:support for asus a8n-sli premium?

Welcome to seven foruma Matt26: As of now you can use the Vista drivers in compatibility mode Compatibility Mode It's a Nforce 4 board, Which Nvidia hasn't provided windows seven drivers for yet and may not ever Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/46696-support-asus-a8n-sli-premium.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Are there two versions of this mother board? Everytime i look for specs of this thing, i see a max of an AMD 2100 and an FSB of 266... but i always find this picture accompanying it... That is NOT my mobo... what's the deal?
I want to upgrade to an AMD 2500 and pop on a coolermaster aero 7... and overclock those babies... just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this situation... tell me stuff i need to know.
Thanks a bunch, to everyone that replies...

A:ASUS A7V333 support...

Maybe this is what you are looking for ...

Asus A7V333-X

or this ...

Asus A7V333

There does appear to be two versions, just as you say, though the model numbers are slightly different (A7V333 vs A7V333-X).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7v333-support.5940/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi Folks,

I understand there's a forum, run by Asus, where you can ask questions directly to the developers. This is NOT the usual user's forum.

Anybody know anything about that?

Regards,

Henipatra

A:Asus Technical Support

I guess no one knows about such a site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-technical-support.132281/
Relevancy 76.11%

I finally recieved my new asus a n-sli premium board along with a bfg tech gt and some other goodies and got it all set up To my dismay the system would not boot This is the second board i have tried to set up with my new system that would power up but would not post or show any video I thought it was strange to receive dead boards so i decided to call AMD and see about the processor also new purchased with first board Turns out my San Diego is revision E the other possibility is E and the a n-sli premium did not support revision E - explaining what I thought was a dead board so i returned the board to get the a n-sli deluxe which should be here tomorrow the deluxe version does support asus CPU support deluxe a8n-sli the E revision since BIOS or later so my question is - if i were to get this new deluxe board and it has an older bios or would it be able to boot so that i could flash it or would i have to send the board to asus to be flashed i plan on contacting asus support if it the board doesnt boot but i was wondering if anyone here knows what will happen or if they have had actual experience with this situation i am very anxious to find out and didn t want to wait for asus support so thank you in advance if anybody knows what s up giddy http support asus com cpusupport cpusupport aspx SLanguage en-us thats the cpu support page that AMD pointed me to the required for my processor is a few versions old so i hope that the board ships with at least that version and it wont be a problem at all nbsp

A:asus a8n-sli deluxe CPU support

I would bet that your board ships with at least 1011 (1008 minimum) as 1011 is the first BIOS to support X2. I know this isn't the answer you want to hear but I think you're just going to have to play wait and see. Please let us know what happens will you? TIA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-deluxe-cpu-support.38204/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all,
This is my first attempt at putting together a system so please excuse my ignorance. I have been thinking of using an Asus P4T motherboard and an INTELŪ PENTIUMŪ IV PGA478 CPU at 1.5 G. These will cost me approx. $350 US

Today I stopped by my computer store to pick up my new case and saw a bundle consisting of an Intel P4 PGA423 D850GBC mobo with an Intel P4 PGA423 1.5 ghz for $270.00.

In your opinion, which is the best combination to get? I don't want to cheap out for the sake of cheaping out, but I do want to get as much bang for my buck as possible.

Any expert opinions would be appreciated.
Thx in advance

Gary

PS Some folks are also telling me to get a
1.4ghz Athlon and DDR motherboard (cheaper and faster than a P4 at 1.5ghz.)

A:Asus vs. Intel Motherboards, etc.??

Here is a comparitive review of all the major players including the two you mentioned. Seems an abit was first, followed by the asus

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1534

As far as the athlon sys, they work well but are a little more touchy to get running right. Being your first build you may want to stick with intel this time. Just my opinion, others I am sure will choose the other way.

If you go amd make sure you get amd certified components to eliminate some of the headaches.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-vs-intel-motherboards-etc.54606/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

I have an Asus P5K-E/wifi board using the Intel P35 chipset.
Windows 7 has a problem finding a SM Bus driver.

CAn any one help?

I have tried hunting one down but cannot find one anywere.

Thanks,
DAve.

A:Asus P5K-E SM Bus Driver help Intel P35

hello dave
the drivers that you need are in your motherboard dvd. or you can download them from intel .
the file name your looking for is (infinst_autol.exe) .

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/2191-asus-p5k-e-sm-bus-driver-help-intel-p35.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Newegg tells me it supports 0/1/5/10 Matrix RAID, but the only option in my bios for raid is drive xpert. I have 2 brand new 320GB HDDs, and I want to make them my OS drive. How do I make them go in to raid without the drive expert? I also have Windows 7 64bit..

Relevancy 75.25%

Is there any way to disable booting from USB on this motherboard? All I can find is disabling USB 2.0, but that doesn't help me because I use USB 2.0 in Windows.

My problem is when I plug my iPod in and boot my computer it will hang at the ASUS screen, trying to boot from my iPod, but it can't. It just pisses me off because I have to either disable USB 2.0 in the BIOS which causes it not to work in Windows, or I have to unplug my iPod which requires me going under my desk (very hard...). I don't see anything related to USB in the boot order, so it must be set first.

EDIT: I think I found my solution about 30 seconds after posting this, but oh well maybe someone else will need this... I'm going to try disabling Legacy USB Support tomorrow and see if it works.

Relevancy 75.25%

Just built a new computer on the Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 mobo. I installed my GTX 980 GPU on the first 16x slot, and wanted to install the 750 add-in in the 16_4 (8x) slot. It hit the USB 3.0 Connection for my front panel, so this was not possible. Instead installed in the 16_3 (16x) slot. Problem is that the corner of the SSD PCB rests firmly upon the PCH heatsink. Looking for advice on how to manage this prior to starting up. Anyone who has solved this problem?

A:Intel 750 on Asus X99-A Mobo

Originally Posted by Submarine

Just built a new computer on the Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 mobo. I installed my GTX 980 GPU on the first 16x slot, and wanted to install the 750 add-in in the 16_4 (8x) slot. It hit the USB 3.0 Connection for my front panel, so this was not possible. Instead installed in the 16_3 (16x) slot. Problem is that the corner of the SSD PCB rests firmly upon the PCH heatsink. Looking for advice on how to manage this prior to starting up. Anyone who has solved this problem?

I've seen this problem on an older build and the best solution was a new motherboard. It's all about the layout of devices fastened to the board, a microATX board gives less possibilities than a full ATX board. Then I had to get a taller tower case to hold the full ATX board but it worked out better than I planned as I could add a second HDD without interfering with other things. A possibility with the full ATX board is some have 2 PCIe X16 slots.

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/27668-intel-750-asus-x99-mobo.html
Relevancy 75.25%

hi, i was wondering with my current specs if my laptop can handle either a CPU overclock or a CPU change/upgrade of some sort. ive run a bunch of tests on games, turns out that my CPU is what's lacking in awesomeness, but the rest is fine, so i figured maybe instead of buying another laptop and wasting hundreds of dollars perhaps i can make this one better.
idk if specs are posted below my post so il just post it here anyways

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3583 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 461939 MB, Free - 403768 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. , K50ID , 1.0 , BSN12345678901234567
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-support-required.950614/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi guys,

Do you know if the latest BIOS update will allow my motherboard support DDR3-type memory cards?

A:asus m2n68-am se2 memory support

NO.

DDR2 SDRAM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/150466-asus-m2n68-am-se2-memory-support.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello I have a headset that seems to malfunction due to not beeing connected to a USB slot I have USB on Asus Support (USB) 2.0 IV Formula do How activate I checked my Device Manager and these are my USB Slots apparently I googled quot Standard OpenHCD USB-Host Controller quot and it seems that it is displayed (USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV so by Windows itself to guarentee backwards compatability to USB and quot tranforms quot itself into an Advanced USB port once a USB device is plugged in For me however it does not do that My motherboard Asus Formula IV provides (USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV drivers for the USB Ports only I assume the USB Drivers are part of the Motherboard Chipset The manufacturers website (USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV however only provides me with a link to quot AMD Chipset Driver V for Windows XP bit amp Vista bit amp Windows bit WHQL quot from I installed that am not sure however if it's outdated AidaReport Paste org - Viewing Paste GNDhcFJA DxDiag Paste org - Viewing Paste ACBv JDf How should I procede Thanks in advance for any help

A:(USB) How do I activate USB 2.0 Support on Asus Formula IV

Hi koga99, welcome to the Forum.

You seem to be blaming the computer for your headset malfunction, whereas the problem is more likely to be with the headset.

What is the make of the headset & does the headset have it's own software?.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388358-usb-how-do-i-activate-usb-2-0-support-asus-formula-iv.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Tech Z87 support on Solved: USB Partial Asus Pro Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Solved: Partial USB support on Asus Z87 Pro Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC Z -PRO Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Yesterday evening I noticed that my keyboard and mouse wouldn t start after coming out of sleep mode Inevitably I had to manually switch off the box Solved: Partial USB support on Asus Z87 Pro However on restart they still didn t work I unplugged and re-plugged my devices and found that a bank of USB ports on the top left rear panel were not operating whereas all the Solved: Partial USB support on Asus Z87 Pro other USB ports lower down were o k There are also two USB ports on the top of the case These are working fine I have re-loaded the drivers but still no luck There is some power reaching these four errant USB s as when I plug in the X-Box controller green led blinks but then disappears The Windows device manager doesn t show any hazard warnings against any of the USB ports I went into the BIOS and checked the USB settings It was set as partially operational so I changed this setting to fully operational Still no luck I have run out of ideas and would appreciate anyone s input into solving this conundrum Thanks in advance JJ nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Does anyone know if (or where I can find information about) DVI-A support on the ASUS Radeon HD 7850. I've had this graphics card installed in my PC for a few years now. It's been great, but it lacks a VGA port, which I now need for a project. If I'm able to use a DVI-A to VGA adapter that would be ideal, but I've not been able to find any information that may indicate whether my graphics card supports DVI-A.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvi-a-support-on-asus-radeon-hd-7850.1159155/
Relevancy 75.25%

hey guys,
does anyone know if this ASUS CRW-5232AS drive can burn 900 mb cds? i check out some reviews and none mentioned it could so i think im out of luck. also, if it doesnt is there any way to like change firmware or something so that it could? thanks

A:ASUS CRW-5232AS support 900mb cds?

I think it's more on if your burning support can support it. I think it's called overburn on Nero.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-crw-5232as-support-900mb-cds.353958/
Relevancy 75.25%

I need Suport CD for this Mainboard M2n32 deluxe. There is one software Soft AP for Access Point i cannot find on Internet.
Have somebody something like that?
Thx
Ossi

A:Support CD for Asus M2n32 deluxe

Hi osmania,
I guess this is an Asus motherboard? Here is the link to the software/drivers for Asus M2n32 SLI deluxe mainboard.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/111848-support-cd-asus-m2n32-deluxe.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I'm kinda confused at the moment because on ASUS.tk it says that the mobo P5P800-VM (865G chipset) supports 65nm processors (like the P4 651), but on Intel's site it doesn't say anything else except that the 65nm P4 651 is not shown as supported on the 865G chipset.
So my question is: Does the mobo P5P800-VM support the Intel P4 651 processor?
I'm asking this because, over the 650 on 90nm, the 651 has a lower power consumption and is cheaper. Plus I have an AGP video card and DDR400, so I can't afford the new techs, because I would have to change everything.
Please answer my question as soon as possible. Thx in advance

A:ASUS P5P800-VM & Intel 651 Processor?

I just double checked Asus' website specs for that motherboard, and you're right. They do have that CPU listed as being compatible which to me means they have tested it and it is a supported CPU. I'd say you should be good to go

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5p800-vm-intel-651-processor.48065/
Relevancy 74.39%

How fast of a cpu can my ASUS CUV4X mobo support???
I need to know ASAP!!!

Thanks

Relevancy 74.39%

I have an ASUS maximus VII here that I have been very happy with so far. By far one of my favorite boards to date. I am running dual GTX 780s on it and am looking to expand to 3gtx 780s..... It LOOKS like there is about a spare 6mm of clearance left over id I were to install a 3d card, but before I go drop another $450 I am hoping someone can tell me if the board will actually support 3way SLI. I cant think of why it wouldn't, but $450 is not a small amount to be doing an experiment.

I appreciate the support!

A:Can an ASUS Maximus VII support 3 graphics cards?

I just did some research and see that it chokes up on the last one being PCIe2.0-8x I may buy a rampage in the future and use this one in my server farm.... We will see. Still looking for opinions. I think the obvious answer is the transfer rate is not worth it but if someone wants to tell me I'm wrong, I'm all ears.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/365239-can-asus-maximus-vii-support-3-graphics-cards.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I just ordered a 3TB HD. I was under the impression the install would be normal plug and play. However, something prompted me to google the drive and people had issues with their system identifying the larger sized drive.

Iirc, Brink had my mobo (P6X58D-E). I am still running the second oldest bios. Asus download website is a mess and I can no longer find any info on bios updates. But that's ok, I guess since I tried flashing a few times before and all my settings were changed and I did not know what the new setting did since they were not present in the previous version.

So my question is if I can install Windows 7 onto my newer Toshiba HD: Newegg.ca - TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit?

A:Asus motherboards: P6X58D-E does it support UEFI

Quote:
Asus motherboards: P6X58D-E does it support UEFI

Looking at the specs
Motherboards - P6X58D-E
not UEFI.

You can still use all of 3tb, when the drive is set to GPT as a DATA drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/313732-asus-motherboards-p6x58d-e-does-support-uefi.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Does anyone have any experience dealing with ASUS customer support? I've got a P8P67 LE that won't post (it's also got the faulty 3GB SATA Intel bug and is eligible for the recall.)

Problem is, I can't get ahold of ASUS at all. I've filled out their online form for the recall using the mobo serial number, but when I try to look up the status on their status page it tells me my serial number/email is invalid. I can't register again because i'm already in the system. So I filled out a customer service request 10 days ago and haven't heard back. When I call I've been transferred around, disconnected and left messages that haven't been returned.

Anyone have any advice on how to get ahold of them? I've got a dead board, eligible for recall, and it's still under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-contacting-asus-customer-support.167984/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have Dell venue 8 pro. I have seen in forums that it will support Miracast. Whether all windows 8.1 machines/or machines with windows 8 upgraded to windows 8.1 will support miracast? Or is it machine specific?
If so how to find out whether ASUS S400CA with windows 8.1 will support miracast?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37497-asus-s400ca-windows-8-1-will-support-miracast-not.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I don t pretend to know much about CPUs doesn't M3A78 asus support II 965? Phenom Why x4 mb or motherboards so thought I d ask you guys I currently have a Asus M A Motherboard and didn t want to have to upgrade it for a new processor So i found out that the Phenom II X s are AM backwards compatible and began my search for the processor I wanted After reading about the AMD Phenom II X Black Edition I decided it was the processor I wanted with the right price tag for me but to my dismay despite the M Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965? A page saying it Supports nm Phenom II X Processors Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965? the does not appear on the cpu supported list on the asus webpage I called but wasn t given any real reason i think the guy just read what I had and saw it missing from the support list TL DR So I was wondering Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965? just why the Phenom II x BE isn t supported by the Asus M A motherboard Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:Why doesn't asus M3A78 mb support Phenom II x4 965?

I took a quick look at the CPU list on the web and the Phenom II X4 965 seems to be supported. Nope I was wrong. It's not supported. I looked up the ASUS M3A78 EM which does support that CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-doesnt-asus-m3a78-mb-support-phenom-ii-x4-965.175272/
Relevancy 74.39%

I was looking up mobos and found this one on Newegg: here. I want to make sure that it supports the Core 2 processors before I buy it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-the-asus-p5ld2-support-a-core-2-duo-chip.73574/
Relevancy 74.39%

Does this motherboard act like a wireless router? Can I use it in place of one or does it only connect to a router? I have a MacBook Pro which "sees" the PC in Access Point mode but won't connect to the internet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/asus-p5e3-deluxe-wifi-ap-n-support-309714.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi everyone.Could anyone point me in the direction of a diagram of an Asus P4S800 motherboard as I need to reinstall front USB and powerbutton wires from front of computer box to circuit board.

Long story of how they became diconnected.

p.s we have mislaid our manual.

Thanks.
Darren.

A:Asus Motherboard help

Asus has a pretty good site, and these files are easy to find:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=P4S800&SLanguage=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard-help.701868/
Relevancy 73.96%

how many vga on board asus p5gl-mx, p5s800 sis 661
plz answer emergently!

A:MOTHERBOARD asus

Why don't you look for yourself ?
Asus p5gl-mx
Asus p5s800

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-asus.43006/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, I happened to have an old motherboard lying around, so I decided to make a computer out of it. The problem that arose was that I attached a 12v molex connector to two wires with another connector which leads to these pins that usually you would attach the case power and HDD Light and Power Light. When I did this I booted up and the board would not start. I know I did something wrong, that I fed it 12v, and possibly might have fired it. Any clue to how I could get it running again???

Here is the .pdf for the motherboard manual http://www.solorb.com/gsale/p2bf-103.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p2b-f-motherboard.66520/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey First of all I would like to thank brindle for your help with the first problem I had I dl d the everest program and it worked great gave me all the info I was needing And help Getting my asus with motherboard I Getting help with my asus motherboard didn t know how to post the message to the thread here for others to see I m still a newbie to this forum thread thing and still trying to learn how to use Getting help with my asus motherboard it So please be patient with me Ok here is my situation I have found I have the asus P L -S motherboard With a Pentium II processor and LX AGPset I have all the specs I needed to get help but the asus website is not helping me I got this computer from a yard sale don t laugh its newer then the one I had And it was built by someone not a company I didn t get any manuals or install cds for the motherboard and graphics card and that is what I am needing in order to fix the bios and scsi things going on with this And I don t know what a socket is in reference to I see some of you know what it is and how to figure out what the number is for motherboards If I knew that maybe I could dl the bios and stuff I am needing to get the motherboard set up right any suggestions will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

i m using ASUS P4V533-MX motherboard.i want to know that is there hotkey on the startup(starting computer) to select the hard drives to boot the operating systems, without entering in the bios settings.
like i had intel D84GEBV2 motherboard and i used F10 key to access the option to boot form the available drives.

A:Help Regarding ASUS(motherboard)

F8 is what I think you are looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-regarding-asus-motherboard.334361/
Relevancy 73.96%

hi, my partner has a m2ns/nvm/s motherboard and for some reason has lost the disk... obviously he didnt tell me this before formatting, i was wondering if anybody knew where to download the drivers for it, i have tried several myself, but they arnt correct, thanks.

mobo: m2ns/nvm/s (he needs, all the drivers)

A:asus motherboard

Asus support site?

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.831589/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hopeing someone can help
Built my first box with above motherboard and found supplied cd not compatible with vista business 32bit. Searched ASUS website. Found that they have a listing for Vista. Dowloaded and installed. Everything working except for "device driver not installed" for simple PCI controller. Searched for more drivers but can't find one. Anyone else had same problem or can anyone suggest a solution. When I try to update the driver, vista cannot find a driver on the web, installation cd, or the folder that I have downloaded the new software too!!

Thanks

Relevancy 73.96%

is there a better..

motherboard rather than asus? just curious...

A:is there a better motherboard than asus?

It's all a matter of opinion, there is no "better" motherboard. One company's board has several great features and other less great features, missing features etc that other companys board might make up for but yet have it's own flaws also.

You just have to figure out which board has the features that you need and can take advantage of for, also considering the price, compatibility, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-a-better-motherboard-than-asus.8852/
Relevancy 73.96%

What's the BEST ASUS motherboard available for P4 3.4Ghz?

I've been looking at the Asus P4C800 Deluxe; it allows RAID to be used so that's a definite plus.

Thanks guys,

Hamster.

A:BEST ASUS Motherboard

the P4C800 is a nice board, i would get this if i were building an intel system, but im an amd guy so its all about the A7N8X-E for me. get the P4C800, its will be top end for a while, but its costly. if money is the problem, find a board with the i865PE chipset or equivalent. the IT7-MAX3 is an abit board that is also high end. i think its the IT7, but its the only MAX3 board abit has, take a looksie, because asus board tend to be more expensive, so shop around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-asus-motherboard.12116/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,
Can anyone tell me whether the ASUS motherboard P4GL-MX based on Intel 845 GL chipset support Intel Celeron 1.7 GHz?

The company's web-page http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P4BGL-MX&langs=01
talks only about it supporting the Intel Pentium 4 with 256/512 KB L2 cache so i wondered whether it would support a Celeron with 128 KB L2 cache.

Thank you.

A:Regarding an ASUS motherboard

Yippers, it does support it.

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/regarding-an-asus-motherboard.159285/
Relevancy 73.96%

hey guys, i just re-installed Windows XP SP3 on this machine running the A8N-E and i can't find the LAN driver or the general drivers anywhere. i came across this: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us but it doesn't have the full drivers or anything for the LAN to work.

i know there are sites out there that have the drivers, but these seem dodgy or illegimate with viruses. are there decent sites out there?

thanks

A:ASUS A8N-E Motherboard

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=DzbA8hgqchMBOVRz&templete=2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a8n-e-motherboard.936752/
Relevancy 73.96%

i just bought this motherboard from a a friend of mine, he does not remember when took the board out, what the sequence of the power led, power sw, reset sw, and the speaker leads went. this k7m is not the same like the others. everthing is different. what can i do. i need a little help if someone can help thank you.

Relevancy 73.96%

I am trying to find out where the power switch wire , speaker wire, reset wire from the case connect to the ASUS 450/2 mhz motherboard. It may be a ASUS 800mhz motherboard--not sure--can not power it up--LOL. I am trying to build a computer from all my spare parts for a friend of mines little 5 year old to play his games on. There is a 20 pin (2 rows of 10) and behind it an row of 7 pins in the upper left corner of motherboard if the power supply connection is at the bottom of the board. The only markings on the motherboard is the name ASUS PSA

A:ASUS 450/2 motherboard

try http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/archive/Asus/sock7/ali/p5a/p5a-106.pdf
will be similiar hopefully

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-450-2-motherboard.962129/
Relevancy 73.96%

Does anyone use the Asus P3C-E motherboard? Good, Bad, Other
wise? Need your comments, please Thanks

A:Asus Motherboard

There are plenty of reviews out there....Look it up on google.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.62057/
Relevancy 73.96%

My original Asus P5ND2-SLI Deluxe doesn't work anymore so I have to replace it. From the beginning I always had issues with the POST and would have to restart from the back of the computer. I'm looking for another MOBO that supports Intel Pentium 4 EE. Looking at other ASUS motherboards I read the same issues with booting. I'm obviously not alone with the previous problems. Does anyone have any other suggestions for good boards that are just solid and consistent? There seems to be a decent ABIT one. I guess I don't want to spend $200 or more on something that's going to give me the same problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I think the Asus boards arent completely solid until you buy p5n32 or better, if you pay 100 or so for a board of course not as good quality is put into it. I have the p5n32 sli premium. Its a champ.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard.71792/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a mesh pc withe above motherboard and running windows xp home. the pc crashed with a blue screen telling me it had shut down to prevent damage to my pc. i concluded that my problem was my hard drive so I bought a new one. while removing the old one I inadvertently pulled soma wires off the pins at the bottom rh side of the some next to the pc speaker connection. I have a green/white wire, the green is marked with a + and the white a - these are separate connectors. I cannot see where these should be connected. the other are two wires on one connector.orange and white, blue/white, and two grey wires. some have names where they should go but should they be connected horizontally or vertical.
Any help would be appreciated

Ian Matthews

A:asus a8n-e motherboard

ASUS_a8n-e Scroll to page 45, "System Panel Connector" I think that this is what your talking about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-a8n-e-motherboard.572921/
Relevancy 73.96%

Put in new Asus motherboard with Athlon Xp processor The hard drive I have was already loaded with Windows XP and worked perfectly with old motherboard and processor The new system Asus in new Put motherboard will not recognize the hard drive It will see it in Put in new Asus motherboard cmos but will not allow access to it Even if I try to boot from Windows XP cd it will go only as far as it begins to copy to hard drive and then it freezes up When I try to boot from the hard drive the system tries and then simply reboots comes up to the screen where it wants you to choose whether to start windows normally or safe mode Whatever option is chosen it tries and then automatically reboots back to the same screen What am I missing HW System Type Desktop Tower Operating System Windows XP Processor Type AMD Ammount of RAM MB Hard Drive Capacity GB Video Card Manufacturer ATI Internet Connection Speed k Monitor Size quot Printer Manufacturer Cannon Printer Type Ink Jet CD-ROM x Scanner Network Card Mbps nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Recently I purchased a Asus H-81 gamer and married it to 2x4 gb Cosair modules, a Celeron G1840 processor and a Seagate 500 gb SATA III Hdd and when Itried to load the XP system the computer said that the HDD was corrupted. what am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.1158299/
Relevancy 73.96%

I just purchased a new asus p4t motherboard and P4 1.4 GHz cpu. i just can't figrue out how to set the clock and multiplier dip switches. asus is no help. the cpu says 400 MHz FSB, but i really don't know what that means

i can choose from 100 to 150 on core speed and multi form 6.0 to 18.0. should i chose 100 with a 14 multiplier to get my 1.4 GHz?

Please Help with settings.

bill

A:asus P4T motherboard

100 x 14 is default

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-p4t-motherboard.45623/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey guys help motherboard ASUS I built my computer and I ASUS motherboard help ve always had a little trouble with it but today it just stopped working I turn it on and the fans start and the lights come on and all that good stuff but nothing happens Normally a voice comes on and tells me that quot system failed VGA test quot or quot system failed memory test quot and then I go and check on those things Now when I start it up I don t get a voice and the computer just runs but nothing happens I ve tried taking out the RAM and starting it up because normally it will just shut itself off if there s no RAM but not anymore I ve taken out the video card the RAM the HD and all three at the same time but the computer keeps on running instead of just shutting itself off or giving me an error message I know I have an ASUS motherboard but I don t know the exact model I can probably find out if that helps So any ideas on what s wrong I d really rather not pay some guy to fix my year old computer Thanks a bunch nbsp

A:ASUS motherboard help

It could be a motherboard problem. If it has told you that it failed both a VGA test and a RAM test, you can assume that it is not those components at fault. Do you have another motherboard to test in it?

You might also try testing the power supply, but I doubt that is the culprit.

Lastly, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-help.71577/
Relevancy 73.96%

I recently bought an Asus A V-VM SE Motherboard It arrived today I quickly installed it into my case inserted the new AMD Athlon X dual core processor and heat sink I connected the cases wires for power button reset button HD LED PWR LED and Speaker to the motherboard I wanted to do a quick test the reason I got the new motherboard was because my old one died or at least I m hoping it did I plugged in the power cable to the PSU The green light of happiness turned on on my mobo So far so good I hit the Power button on my Case and nothing happens nothing at all I ve double checked to make sure the wiring is correct it is I ve swapped reset button with power button just in case Still didn t work I even wondered if the motherboard was too clever So I installed everything else into the motherboard RAM GPU all other cables etc Still Nothing Also got out my old PSU still workng and tried that The green light on the motherboard came on but still nothing worked through use of the power button Should I presume this motherboard is DOA or is there anything else someone might want to suggest that could help I ve tried to please. Asus DOA? Help Motherboard be as detailed as possible And any suggestions are welcome Thank You in advance nbsp

A:Asus Motherboard DOA? Help please.

What size is your power supply? You may just need a 450-500 watt power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-doa-help-please.73627/
Relevancy 73.96%

I sent my ASUS P5LD2 motherboard to ASUS for repair. This is what they said was wrong "bios error due to image crashed, relashed the bios and unit checked out fine. Can anyone tell me what this means?

A:ASUS Motherboard

ReFlashed the bios.
They have updated the BIOS firmware on the computer

Here's ALL your drivers (unknown OS at the moment)
And here's the current BIOS
Version 1903
Support new CPUs.
File Size 433.28 (KBytes)

or

Version 1904 2008/01/07 update
Description P5LD2 Latest Beta BIOS
File Size 433.37 (KBytes)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard.98299/
Relevancy 73.96%

Which is better Asus P4B-266, P4B-266-C, P4B-266-E, P4B-266-M, or P4B-266-SE? Which one has the most features?

best I can do is link you to a review, seems they liked it
http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/p4b266/default.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.72566/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi Hoping you can help Bios Info Version Pentium R Duo Core CPU E s GHz Motherboard ASUS P Q SE Samsung SATA Madel HD LJ g I kept receiving Activation PopUps and MicroSoft set me up with a custom reload when no activation numbers showed Having the OldWindows ASUS P5Q SE Motherboard before and not liking the set up I decided to wipe the Sata and start fresh Spotmau is a program that I have used many times when I would like a harddrive cleaned -always thinking that a cleaned disc would be better than just writing over the top of the old Thing is I ve only ever used Spotmau in XP with No problems - Not Vista I used an old computer Motherboard ASUS P5Q SE just freshly loaded with XP and wiped the data and formatted the drive Not only did it wipe the hard drive but when I went to load Vista I found No Bios Receiving one long beep and short beeps I clearded the COSMOS and the Bios returned But when I went to load Vista it looks like the Drivers for SATA have been wiped as well I changed the Bios Boot loading around - cd drives - SATA Hardrive - No difference The message that I received - I did not write it down - but it mentioned No SATA Drives and asked for a floppy I have the floppy BUT no floppy drive I tried the mother board disc with No success I downloaded the SATA drives from the internet but when trying to reload Vista it doesn t seem to register them Thinking that the drives would be on the MoBo disc seems to say that it s not the SATA drives it relly wants The message I m receiving now when trying to load Visata is quot Windows cannot be installed to the hard disk space The partion contains one or more dynamic volumes that are not supported for installation quot I formatted the disc again - just incase - No luck When starting with just the Motherboard disc I receive the message quot Welcome to ASUS Motherboard Make A Disc Fort DOS Menu That s ALL I get from the MoBo disc And when trying to load The Vista OS I get to just after adding my activation code for the th time and it asks for the drivers Go through all the drivers on the disc as well as the MoBo disc and try the downloaded sata drives ALL again and the only message I get is quot Windows cannot be installed to the hard disk space The partion contains one or more dynamic volumes that are not supported for installation quot Any ideas I m just about pulling my hair out Hope to hera from you soon Thanks heaps Louise nbsp

A:Motherboard ASUS P5Q SE

OK.... So I found out that it's the motherboard... I tried a IDE harddrive with XP and.... NOTHING !! AARRGG !!

Goes through the BIOS fine... then just a blank screen...

I tried the XP disc... nothing

I tried a bootable disc... nothing

Just a blank black screen with a cursor flashing up top....

Can anyone help?

Do you think it's salvageable???

Louise

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-asus-p5q-se.142017/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, I have a ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe and i was wondering if a 20 pin PSU will be ok for it. For now it has an Athlon 64 3700+ 1MB L2 Cache and san diego core, 512 kingston PC3200 and a 2D 8mb PCI Matrox Mystique.

I just need it to run until I get a 24Pin PSU in about a month

Relevancy 73.96%

ANYONE out there who has built a PC designed specifically for Home Media usage EG: movies, photos, etc ( not gaming) using a ASUS Intel motherboard 775, CPU E8400, P35, XP PRO, as I'm unsure which board might be the best all rounder.

thanks.

A:asus motherboard

Have you chosen the computer case you are going to use yet?

For a home media PC, the one defining factor is available "space". (meaning how large of a computer case are you going to use?)

A smaller case may limit you a Micro ATX or smaller MB, low-profile video/audio card or integrated video/audio, low profile CPU heatsink/fan, etc. A smaller case will also mean a lower power PSU which may also limit your choice of other parts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-motherboard.759096/
Relevancy 73.96%

I just installed the ASUS board.
I'm getting an "i" in device manager for:
1) Ethernet Controller
2) PCI Simple Communications Controller
3) Unknown device

I have the DVD, but NOT sure where or if the drivers reside on this disk as No
Table of Contents is provides only directories with "obsure" names.
Windows Update cannot find a driver for the above.

Any help appreciated.

A:ASUS Motherboard H97 Plus

Hi Drivers are in the Link below ...
Motherboard - H97-PLUS - ASUS

Install the Lan Driver and the Chipset

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/354738-asus-motherboard-h97-plus.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a ASUS M A Motherboard I now have motherboard help M3A Asus a BIG problem that I need some advice on Surrounding the white CPU AMD Athlon socket is a black support ring screwed into the motherboard that the CPU fan heat-sink attaches to The metal clips on the fan heat-sink fit on Asus M3A motherboard help small tabs on the edge of the black ring to hold it down The black ring is plastic And because of this one of the plastic quot tabs quot that the metal CPU fan heat-sink clips onto broke off Because of this I can t hook clip the heat-sink to this support Asus M3A motherboard help ring I am trying to use epoxy to glue the tab back on but do not know if this will hold I contacted ASUS and they said the MB is not in stock anymore Does anyone know if I can just replace this black support ring I really don t want to replace the motherboard All I need is the small black ring that supports the heat-sink fan over the CPU Would anyone have this board and does not need this part I am up the creak without a paddle guys Any help Scott nbsp

A:Asus M3A motherboard help

Never mind.. found one here:

Never mind.. found one here: http://www.heatsinkfactory.com/retention-hardware.html :grinthumb:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m3a-motherboard-help.172728/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a asus motherboard and am having some problems.
Does ASUS have a tech help department?
I have sent numerous e-mails to [email protected] with no reply.
I can not find a phone number for the USA either.

Relevancy 73.96%

OK, so I was dead set on getting the ASUS P5K3 Deluxe motherboard from Newegg for $230. But I was checking out Intel and saw that they also have a pretty good motherboard the IntelŪ Desktop Board D975XBX2 that is on Newegg for $219. So after reading about that, I am not sure which one to get. I have Crysis, Bioshock, and FEAR. I have a 8800 BTS 512MB card. And I will be purchasing the Q6600 or the new Q9450 when it comes out in February or March. So which one do you think would be the best to get?

I do plan on OC'ing first chance I get.

ASUS P5K3 Deluxe $230

or

IntelŪ Desktop Board D975XBX2 $220

Any help would be great.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5k3-deluxe-v-intel-d975xbx2.96543/
Relevancy 73.96%

Help My daughters Sony P ghz HT Vaio desktop has always had problems - mainly motherboard related but recently one of her two screens starting intermittently blanking out for a second or so As it is now out of warranty I decided to try and salvage the good Intel boot but help - power up don't please Asus and motherboards bits Asus and Intel motherboards power up but don't boot - help please and put together a box that could last her for the next year or so So I took the following existing bits out of the Sony Vaio - Pentium cpu ghz hyper threading - gb of RAM x Kingmax mb DDR- and xProMOS mb DDR- - Sapphire Radeon Atlantis gb vid card - Hard drives and DVD drives - Dell lcd screens And added them to the following new components - Antec Sonata II case with Antec p s - Intel D PERL mobo - and when that didn t work see below - ASUS P P -E DELUXE Socket mobo - new gb hard drive Problem is Asus and Intel motherboards power up but don't boot - help please that on both the Intel and the ASUS mobo the PC powers up but nothing happens - the screen remains blank no sound is emitted e g no beeps under POST and nothing happens There is a momentary lighting of the lights on the keyboard connected by PS or whatever that old non-USB connector is called and the DVD drive will ight up and open close but no boot screen etc I did a quick search here and tried the following - none made any difference - swapped out the cpu for another older P I have in another Vaio - tried a total of different vid cards and verified that were working on other PC s - tried removing then replacing all the components - tried various combinations of memory and - removed all other non-essential components and disconnectednon-essential cables including IDE floppy etc Leaving only the following in an attempt to reach the initial boot screen the motherboard CPU RAM power supply and graphics card What am I missing Is there some kind of compatability issue with Sony VAIO P cpu s - am I screwing up in some other way I d really appreciate any guidance or pointers - I m dead frustrated right now Many Thanks - and happy new year nbsp

A:Asus and Intel motherboards power up but don't boot - help please

Remove the processor and check the pins - reseat properly.

Remove and reseat only the 2 x 256 meg sticks.

Reset the BIOS by jumper / removing battery.

Remove the vid card and try booting.

Post results here again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-and-intel-motherboards-power-up-but-dont-boot-help-please.40464/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I recently built a computer with the Asus P Z -V LX and the intel i K In windows there is software from Asus that overclocks for you I LX P8Z68-V Overclocking with i5 2500K intel the Asus the went into it and Overclocking the Asus P8Z68-V LX with the intel i5 2500K clicked on fast I then booted up ok and it over clocked me to Ghz Then the next morning I started the computer and heard the fans spin up then stop and again on the rd time it took me to the run setup bios screen press F etc I can go into the bios and then into windows and everything seems fine the temperature is at C whereas it was about C before OC It seems to be unstable when cold Anyway can anyone tell me either how to over clock to max would be Ok or tell me how to get it back to default settings I have the arctic freezer and plenty of air flow so I am not worried about temperature I have a W PSU and GB of RAM Ask me to read anything from the BIOS Any help would be great Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi there, i wanted to build a cheap PC for a mate and i wanted to know if an ASUS P5ND2-SE motherboard works with it

http://www.microdirect.co.uk/(15937)Asus-P5ND2SE-motherboard-Intel-LGA-775-nForce.aspx

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps out .

A:Does an Intel E2140 work with a ASUS P5ND2-SE???

Yes it does. Also i'd recomend you to get E2160 for an extra 5 quid if you planing to OC

refer to http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=2&id=2332

here's a list of suported CPUs for your mobo

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-an-intel-e2140-work-with-a-asus-p5nd2-se.671064/
Relevancy 73.96%

I've got a serious stability issue with Windows 7 on an Asus P5E-VM HDMI motherboard.

The display drivers continually crash and I get a "the graphics driver stopped responding and recovered" or something to that effect. The screen flashes numerous times. Sometimes it recovers, but lately and more often it's just been crashing to a blue screen stating igdkmd64.sys as the culprit (Intel Graphics Driver (igd?))..

I'm unsure what to do from here, the system is to the point where it's becoming unusable.

Any help would be appreciated. If there's some kind of logging or diagnostic tool output I could give you to help diagnose, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

A:Asus P5E-VM HDMI w/ Intel G35 Bluescreens on igdkmd64.sys

I have the same board and just started getting the same problem. I think it is due to low memory.

I had two 2GB sticks and pulled one out temporarily to use in another machine and got the error. I am running Windows 7 x64 Professional. How much memory do you have?

BTW I just added a radeon HD4550 and so far no more BSOD

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-p5e-vm-hdmi-w-intel-g35-bluescreens-on-igdkmd64-sys-433912.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi 3.0 drivers N56VM Asus Intel USB laptop First time on this forums and Dutch aswell so I apologise if I do or say something wrong I have a ASUS N VM laptop I have upgraded to Windows Pro a few months ago free DreamSpark Asus N56VM laptop Intel USB 3.0 drivers account and I can't get USB to work at the speeds at which it needs to work An GB ISO which I copy from my HDD to an USB USB-stick gets a max speed of mb per second I have already tried everything I could think of including the following Upgrading Intel chipset drivers from ASUS support site delete old install new Upgrading BIOSINF hack Windows and Intel USB Host Controllers Plugable quot Windows has a native in-box USB driver Intel is not releasing a specific Intel USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Windows quot The driver I have is imgur the simple image sharer Any help in this would be much appreciated The only thing I can think of is maybe mailing ASUS if they can supply a new BIOS revision or mailing Intel if they can supply some new chipset drivers Thanks in advance Sander EDIT A few months back when the laptop was still running Windows the read write speeds were quot normal quot meaning that they were what you would expect from USB

A:Asus N56VM laptop Intel USB 3.0 drivers

Install the Intel driver.

Check on this: Intel? USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver — USB 3.0 devices are not working at USB 3.0 speed in Windows 8*

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/40980-asus-n56vm-laptop-intel-usb-3-0-drivers.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi guys.

I am in a fix. My motherboard is an Asus P5B MX / Wifi AP. It says that it can support FSB up to 1066 MHz. But on their website there is O.C. written against it. What exactly does that mean?

I want to upgrade my current P4 processor and get the E 7400 Core 2 Duo. Will the motherboard support it?

Please help. Thanks.

A:Is Intel E 7400 Supported On Asus P5B MX WiFi AP?

No.

Here is the link to your CPU support list:
http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5B-MX/WiFi-AP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-intel-e-7400-supported-on-asus-p5b-mx-wifi-ap.118081/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey all I recently built an Intel Core i HD Asus TV Graphics Z97-A (Intel + to 4600) HDMI - K w Asus Z -A Motherboard It has built in Intel HD Graphics The motherboard has HDMI DVI-D S-VGA amp Display Port I am using a Insignia NS- E NA quot P TV as a monitor It has HDMI and VGA inputs I use to just run VGA but with my new computer I am doing a dual boot Windows OSX system OSX does not support VGA only DVI and HDMI Soo fast forward to my problem I am using HDMI which works fine except that every time my computer goes into power save sleep mode instead of the tv monitor also going into sleep mode as it did with VGA it just says No signal then after a few minutes of no signal it turns it self completely off The problem with this is that every time I want to wake the computer up I also have to turn the TV Monitor back on as Asus Z97-A (Intel HD Graphics 4600) + HDMI to TV it has shut itself off completely instead of just quot Power save quot mode The motherboard's DVI port is a DVI-D port so I can't simply just use a DVI-I - VGA adaptor Is there any kind of solution for me I've got to use either the HDMI DVI-D or Display Port as those are the only ones that are supported both by Windows and OSX Thanks -TheChad

A:Asus Z97-A (Intel HD Graphics 4600) + HDMI to TV

Hello Chad mate try these for starters

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/373984-asus-z97-intel-hd-graphics-4600-hdmi-tv.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have been trying to rebuild my win 7 installation after my computer was hacked and rootkitted.  Downloaded the newest drivers for my ASUS motherboard prior to reinstalling the OS. 

The intel drivers seem to be exhibiting odd behavior - Management engine components are asking for permission to run at startup.    Have also been running scans trying to determine whether the computer has reinfected itself somehow.  

This morning I reviewed my log file from TDSSKiller.  The entry for GMScommon.dll in the  intel management engine components dir degenerates into invalid characters, after which the logfile ends.  I am not sure if this is corruption in the driver files or a sign of a further infection.   

Any ideas?

Mod Edit:  Merged two AII topics re same system - Hamluis.

A:Intel drivers behaving oddly - MEC - ASUS mb

I'd like you to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan
Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
Click the button.
For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.

Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
Click the Start button.
Accept any security warnings from your browser.
Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
Click Advanced settings and select the following:
Scan potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth technology

ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
When the scan completes, click List Threats
Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
Click the Back button.
Click the Finish button.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Quarantine All, then click on Apply Actions

5)  To complete any actions taken you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes

6)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  When the log opens, scroll down toward the bottom of the log to Quarantined Items.  Copy and paste this in your next post.

Please download Malwarebytes Antirootkit, follow the prompts to install it.

The Introduction page will open and explain the license agreement, by clicking Next you will be agreeing to the terms of the license.

In the next page you will be prompted to update the database, click on Next.

The Scan System page is next.  It provides you with choices for scans.  Be sure to place a check mark in the boxes for Drivers, Sectpors, and System.  Press Scan to begin the scan.

The Cleanup page will open and display any malware detected.  Be sure that each check box has a check in it, and make sure there is a check mark in the Create Restore point box.  Click on Cleanup.  Please click on Yes to restart the computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531768/intel-drivers-behaving-oddly-mec-asus-mb/
Relevancy 73.96%

What should i buy ASUS P8H67-M LE or INTEL DB65AL?
I've XFX 5770 n i just want to upgrade my motherboard n processor?
plz help me!

Relevancy 73.53%

I had my Asus laptop for a while now then I restarted it but stay on the windows 10 but now it loads on ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE then turns black then shuts off then turns on and does the same thing until I turn it off but when I turn it back on it does the same thing somebody help me also my battery is built in so I can't take it out

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134938/hard-asus-laptop-loading-asus-search-incredible-black-screen-shuts.html
Relevancy 73.53%

does intel motherboard DG31PR support usb HID(human intervention device)

if yes, can it recognise this device?
and also is there any significant diff b/w usb and usb HID

IOGEAR - GKM581R - 2.4GHz Wireless On-Lap Keyboard with Optical Trackball and Scroll Wheel

A:does intel motherboard DG31PR support usb HID

Sure, pretty much all computers support USB HID devices such as keyboards and mice. And its really more up to the operating system then the motherboard. Full support of any special keys on the keyboard or mouse may still require additional drivers from the manufacturer, such as IOGEAR, which come with the device if needed or are available to download.

P.S. HID stands for Human Interface Device, of which the most common are mice, keyboard, joysticks, game pads, remote controls, and the such.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-intel-motherboard-dg31pr-support-usb-hid.996127/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi Guys I'm Aking if someone knows how to install the Asus' MB support software, (like Ai suite, Turbo V, etc...) i need it for OC etc... they desn't want to install in Win 8, I tried with compatibility options, but it says that mb isn't supported...
Some ideas?
Thanks in advance

A:How to install Asus AI Suite, Turbo V, and other MB support software..

Does your motherboard support it? You haven't filled in your system specs so its hard to give any advice on something like this.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/7187-how-install-asus-ai-suite-turbo-v-other-mb-support-software.html
Relevancy 73.53%

The other day, I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop, but it failed, and I could only click cancel. Now, when I booted up my computer, it goes to the ASUS logo, then a black screen, still backlit, with an underscore flashing in the upper left corner of the screen. I can access the BIOS, and have been trying to do boot overrides. Please help, I don't have the ASUS Recovery partition installed on the laptop, and I don't have any possible ways to install an ISO. Thank you for any help you can provide.

A:My ASUS G74SX doesn't boot past the ASUS logo!

Originally Posted by Isoldmyname

The other day, I tried to do a factory reset on my laptop, but it failed, and I could only click cancel. Now, when I booted up my computer, it goes to the ASUS logo, then a black screen, still backlit, with an underscore flashing in the upper left corner of the screen. I can access the BIOS, and have been trying to do boot overrides. Please help, I don't have the ASUS Recovery partition installed on the laptop, and I don't have any possible ways to install an ISO. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi.
Not sure I understand how you could perform a factory reset if you don't have the recovery partition available. You should have gotten an error that the ASUS Recovery Partition could not be found.

You would need to get to a working computer and download either the Media Creation Tool for W10, or the current ISO from MSTechBench. You can use RUFUS to create a bootable flash drive, and then install W10 that way.

You might also want to check the health of your hard drive, to make sure it's not failing.

Hope that helps!

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40974-my-asus-g74sx-doesnt-boot-past-asus-logo.html
Relevancy 73.53%

CPU AMD Athlon X Motherboard ASUS A N -SLI DELUXE Memeory SAMSUNG PC GB GB x DDR GPU ASUS EN GS SILENT Silent ASUS A8NSLI-32 Trouble + ASUS Deluxe En7600GS PCI Express MB DDR PSU W SILENT KING- SUPER SILENT SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY HDD GB SATA II Status After installing Windows XP SP and the ASUS motherboard installation CD the system won t take the ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble drivers for the GPU System boots to the Windows XP loading screen and remains there The little green bar just keeps moving like it s loading Windows but it loops forever Again this started happening right after installing the nVidia drivers from the graphics card installation disc If I power down manually and then power back up again I can go into quot the last known good quot but every time I try to load drivers again the system starts doing this The latest drivers from nVidia cause ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble the same issue I m starting to think this is a driver conflict with the ASUS motherboard chipset or the motherboard RAID drivers Has ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble anyone else had a problem like this nbsp

A:ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe + ASUS En7600GS Silent Trouble

Followup: I was able to fix it and thought I'd post this info since it might help others who might have the same problem. After reading through dozens of pages here and in the ASUS forums, I discovered that one of my default BIOS setting mysteriously ended up in a non-default state. For some reason, the RAID option for Silicon Image was set to RAID. That's fine for those how actually want to setup RAID but I didn't plan to use RAID at the time. After making the change to the BIOS, I had to install Windows XP again to get everything registered correctly. Once Windows was up and running, I avoided the motherboard chipset install CD all together by using only the newest versions of all the motherboard drivers directly from the ASUS website. Problem solved!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8nsli-32-deluxe-asus-en7600gs-silent-trouble.52321/
Relevancy 73.53%

Asus has some way of starting their programs that I can't find. In particular, I want to disable their Wireless Console 3 (wcourier.exe). There are other programs but I can't remember what they are right now. I can only tell you that is does not show up in msconfig or HJT. Does anybody know where I can find these startup entries?

Thanks!

Mark

A:Asus Laptop can't find startup entries for Asus Programs

Try using Sysinternals Autoruns.
It lists a lot more than msconfig.

You can download the Sysinternals Suite, or just the Autoruns utility.

Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/237581-asus-laptop-cant-find-startup-entries-asus-programs.html
Relevancy 73.53%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello I have in my possession an Asus X CA laptop which was running Windows before it failed to boot The machine cycled through the automatic repair failed and then using Unable recovery X550CA DVDs Asus restore Asus to did nothing The advanced bootup options were useless including chkdsk sfc and the usual suspects The recovery partition was apparently missing atleast I couldn't use it but doing a diskpart confirmed it was there so I suspect the upgrade broke the link to it I tried the quot refresh your PC quot Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs option but this told me the drive was locked and disabling secure boot via the BIOS did nothing thought it would at first In addition the reset your PC option wanted recovery media which I didn't Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs have at the time I ordered the official Asus recovery DVDs as the laptop did not have media created when it was new hit F and went to the quot reset your PC' option but it told me the recovery media wasn't valid Odd given it's official Asus media from Mentor Media for that specific machine From the legacy BIOS I booted from the DVD it loaded the Asus specific Windows recovery options from the disk and I get as far as quot Start rebuild Windows system process quot with quot processing quot underneath and the machine does no more I've also tried UEFI booting from the DVD drive and get the same as above Any suggestions welcome please Regards

A:Unable to restore Asus X550CA using Asus recovery DVDs

Is the ASUS recovery media Windows 8.0 or 8.1? It may be because the recovery disks are 8.0 and it's a conflict because your now running 8.1. The 8.0 to 8.1 upgrade does break the factory recover feature on some laptops. ASUS for sure I think. I have a K75DE, that shipped with Windows 8.0. I clean installed with Windows 8.1 from here, Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help. It reads and uses my 8.0 OEM embedded code and activates online automatically. no muss no fuss. That tool will create a bootable USB thumb drive that will work with UEFI for you. If you need any more info just ask and i'll see if I can help. I don't know why your getting the "Start rebuild Windows system process" message and the lock up? It may be because the partition structure has changed on the Drive. I created a Recovery drive, then swapped in an SSD and it would not work on the SSD. It kept saying required partition missing. That's why I bailed and did a clean install. I was leaning in that direction anyway.

EDIT: If I don't get back to you tonight don't panic. I have company coming and may not get back online until tomorrow morning. Have to go now.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68626-unable-restore-asus-x550ca-using-asus-recovery-dvds.html