Windows Support Forum

I need a replacement fan/cooler for a Nvidia GeForce GTS 250. Ideas?

Q: I need a replacement fan/cooler for a Nvidia GeForce GTS 250. Ideas?

I have look on alot of websites and havent found one that is compatible. Would like some ideas or places to look. Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I need a replacement fan/cooler for a Nvidia GeForce GTS 250. Ideas?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I need a replacement fan/cooler for a Nvidia GeForce GTS 250. Ideas?

try some custom cooling? maybe a heatink of an old card with some extra fans spliced in

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-replacement-fan-cooler-for-a-nvidia-geforce-gts-250-ideas.176624/
Relevancy 86.86%

I'm looking at a new cooler for my GeForce 9600GT but I honestly can say I don't know what I'm looking at. The card Idles around 49-52C, and I'm not comfortable at all with it.

I have a $50 limit, would anyone mind giving me a hand?

A:New cooler for Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

49-52CClick to expand...

That is a perfectly normal temperature, possibly on the low side.
What you want to make sure is that the temperature under load is below 70 - 75.
You can just use programs like RivaTuner, ATi tool, or Evga Precision (my favorite) and turn up the stock fan speed if you havn't already.

The 9600gt is a very cool low end card, there are few if any coolers for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-cooler-for-nvidia-geforce-9600gt.126650/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi all My computer was top of the line years ago The past few years my computer has been freezing crashing and bluescreening due to the kind of functionality I force it through namely the use of multiple programs at once internet livestream games The fan hasn t worked for over a year now it was choking I simply turned it off and often attempted to keep my system as cool as possible using a large floor fan Today it gave it s death knoll - freezing with video ram artifacts all over the screen I had been I messing around with the EVE Online character creator with internet playing music and Steam open naturally Un- and reinstallation of the drivers would not fix the artifacts it had forced non-native resolution it wouldn t go beyond x or something native is x and was happily informing me that I wasn t quot currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU quot despite the fact that the second I uninstalled the drivers my computer was GTX Nvidia 8800 for Geforce Replacement searching for and reinstalling them again I gave up and shut down to look at the power supply and when I turned it back on it was miraculously in it s native resolution and artifact-free but I ve abused it long enough now that it probably only has a few months left and is in desperate Replacement for Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX need of replacement I realize it might even be artifact-ridden next time I turn it on Dell pre-built desktop years old Windows Vista Ultimate bit Intel Core Quad CPU at GHz GB RAM I think my power supply is max W but I m having trouble figuring the label out so I attached a picture in case I m sorely mistaken I m looking for something that works within my current specs approximately the same size as the Geforce GTX my case won t fit anything much bigger as far as I can tell and I can t get a new case because it barely fits height-wise where I need it to go As I said I use multiple programs and I especially game on my computer so I need something that can handle my usage On the other hand I am looking to completely replace my system within a few years with something custom from Origin so I don t want to be pouring money into this system So - something that will allow me to eke out a few more years within my other current specs without costing me a bundle Say around or Please let me know if you need more information and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Replacement for Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX

Umm have you thought about buying a new computer, yours is rather old. The amount of work, time and money you will probably spend on it trying to fix it up until you throw it away will be quite a lot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-for-nvidia-geforce-8800-gtx.192283/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have to replace the GEFORCE 8600 GT with an equivalent one as the former is not for sale any longer.  The actual video card includes: 1xS-Video + 1xHDMI + 1x DVI-I (dual-link) ports.Could you please advise some equivalent types?The desktop is equipped with Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor @2.4GHz and 4Gb RAM. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/nvidia-geforce-8600-gt-video-card-replacement/td-p/5832294
Relevancy 77.83%

I do believe that my Graphics Card is in the process of internally combusting replacement about to a GeForce Can't in Australia!! NVIDIA expire? source Go7300 - that is it's about to fry This is NVIDIA GeForce Go7300 about to expire? Can't source a replacement in Australia!! the full specification for the Card also details in my System Specs Over the last couple of weeks my Laptop has started NVIDIA GeForce Go7300 about to expire? Can't source a replacement in Australia!! to develop very slow and long lag times in displaying applications and program pages For example Windows Live Mail NVIDIA GeForce Go7300 about to expire? Can't source a replacement in Australia!! is taking up to seconds from click to fully load and search for email Other applications like Skype and Windows IE plus all other Menu type sub-windows eg Help and Support are suffering from the same issue - very slow loading times Some displays again Windows Live Photo Gallery and Skype are frequently being plagued with corrupted displays such as the mess shown here in another Forum thread about screen glitches Then today I was presented with this fine mess of a screen worthy of a place in any New York Met Art Collection I was able to recover from the mess with a 'hard' close-down and two re-boots of the system The two issues mentioned above are I believe some pretty firm indicators that there is something drastically wrong with the Graphics Card that it is certainly terminal and probably close to expiration With that I have spent the best part of the last two hours trying to source a replacement card same Type Spec here in Australia but have been spectacularly unsuccessful - nothing available anywhere not even from Charity shops Can anyone point me to a reputable source where I may buy a replacement In the meantime I have a inch Acer Monitor that I do use reasonably frequently from the Laptop see my System Specs and I was wondering if I can set this up as the sole Prime Display while the Laptop Display Card slowly goes through it's death throes and at least keep me with an operative unit until I can source a replacement Display Card Break out the Bagpipes for a Funeral Durge

A:NVIDIA GeForce Go7300 about to expire? Can't source a replacement in Australia!!

Hi Tony, you may be in luck, what you are describing is consistent with a RAM failure, not a graphics card failure, the thing that points me toward this conclusion is that you are experiencing slow opening times for programs that don't require any GPU power, maybe a quick look online at some cheap ram sticks may be a good idea

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/289343-nvidia-geforce-go7300-about-expire-cant-source-replacement-australia.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey i have a question regarding mobile graphics card. i was looking at two different laptops <http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9172851&st=asus+stylish+laptop&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1218044029604>

and

<http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop-studio-14z?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs>

one is equipped with a NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS and the other with a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M.

I found on notebookcheck that the 9400m is ranked higher than the 9300m, but the 9400 is an integrated card, and that the 9300m has dedicated memory! i am confused because i always believed that a dedicated card will be better than integrated so i am very confused!!!

please comment if you can clear this up for me! thanks much

-huffman

A:Solved: NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS vs. NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

please help!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-nvidia-geforce-9300m-gs-vs-nvidia-geforce-9400m.834044/
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm finding that now that I've got two of them running in crossfire the XFX card I have with the reference ATI cooler is running hot. After last gaming session MSI Afterburner reported 87C max temp. So I've been playing with the idea of selling it and getting another MSI card which comes with a very good cooler, or just buying a cooler (which would probably cost around the same as selling the XFX card and putting money toward a new MSI one).

Anyone got any experience? Any recommended coolers? Tips for installation?

Thanks.

A:Anyone tried replacement cooler for HD5850?

Hi Arris,
This cooler is very good if you want to go the replacement route. I Don't know about prices in Scotland, but here the prices on the 58xx series are very good, and as good as they are probably going to get. as far as installation tips. more GPU's get damaged because people pull straight up when they remove the heat-sink. When you are ready to remove it, gently twist it back and forth keeping it on center until you break the (now very set) thermal compound loose. Be very sparing on the thermal compound as well. it does not take much to cover the small chip.
hope that helps some.

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/detail?sArticle=22.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-tried-replacement-cooler-for-hd5850.161012/
Relevancy 62.78%

COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G amp Heatpipe Direct Contact amp Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel amp amp and AMD FM amp FM Replacement? COOLER Cracked MASTER fan. amp AM amp - Newegg com COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel and AMD FM FM AM Last night i was putting together a new rig and accidentally cracked the mm CPU fan attached to my heatsink After searching on newegg for a fan replacement not an COOLER MASTER Cracked fan. Replacement? entire heatsink fan combo I found myself unable to locate a mm fan that is meant for CPU ONLY Can someone help me find a mm CPU fan that definitely has the clamps that attached to a heatsink I don't want to waste on something that I'm just going to have COOLER MASTER Cracked fan. Replacement? to RMA I had a bad mobo and had to RMA it and I don't want newegg getting upset with me Thanks guys Bryan

A:COOLER MASTER Cracked fan. Replacement?

Look at this one:
EVERCOOL F-EC12025H12BP 120x120x25mm High Speed Double Ball Bearing Fan - Retail - Newegg.com

See if the specs. are similar to the cracked one you have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/285176-cooler-master-cracked-fan-replacement.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My CPU cooler just died so I m looking for a new one the one I had came with the CPU when I bought it It s an AMD Athlon X Dual-Core Processor Socket AM I seem to have trouble finding a doable cooler though mostly because I don t know enough about the subject I think but there doesn t seem to be a lot of coolers out there anymore for AM either So far the closest thing to something useful I ve been able AM2 for Athlon replacement socket a a Need cooler help AMD 64 finding X2, to find was MASSCOOL F B H mm Ball CPU Cooler - Retail Specifications Dimensions Heat sink x x mm l x w x h VDC Fan x x mm Bearing Ball bearing Rated speed RPM - Rated power Need help finding a replacement cooler for a AMD Athlon 64 X2, socket AM2 W Max Noise level dBA Max Need help finding a replacement cooler for a AMD Athlon 64 X2, socket AM2 Air flow CFM Current A Max Connector Pin mainboard Life hours hours Application AMD Socket AM and AM CPU AMD Athlon AMD Athlon FX AMD Athlon X Dual Core Business Class-AMD Athlon Business Class-AMD Athlon X Dual-Core AMD Phenom X Quad-Core AMD Sempron AMD Opteron CPU TDP lt W Thermal resistance C W Thermal type White grease pre-applied Another website mentions AMD Socket AM Athlon X Dual Core under this coolers compatibility Do you think I can use this fan or should I look for something else and in that case does anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Need help finding a replacement cooler for a AMD Athlon 64 X2, socket AM2

There are quite a few AM2 HSFs still available. But you must specify your budget and also determine whether your case will house those that are available.

Check out this page.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-finding-a-replacement-cooler-for-a-amd-athlon-64-x2-socket-am2.144865/
Relevancy 61.92%

I NEED TO KNOW THE RIGHT PART NUMBER FOR THE FAN COOLER. I'M RECEIVING AN ERROR WHEN STARTING THE LAPTOP. HP Pavilion dv6-6c10us Entertainment Notebook PCModel #: A6Y49UAProduct Number : A6Y49UA#ABAThanks in advance.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fan-Cooler-Replacement-HP-Pavilion-dv6-6c10us-Entertainment/td-p/5615421
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm not a gamer, but rather an enthusiastic net surfer and would like my present graphics card to be as fast as easily possible. To do this, it has been suggested that I update my card's driver with downloading/installing Nvidia's latest driver (285.62 WHQL, Win7 64-bit...4G RAM, Firefox 9). Would this be the the right thing to do?

A:Driver update for NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i?

If you are not having problems, I would not go looking for trouble

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/204465-driver-update-nvidia-geforce-7100-nvidia-nforce-630i.html
Relevancy 61.49%

O Here's my nbsp dillema nbsp nbsp My HP NVIDIA card HP p n - rev M in my HP Model f Windows Ultimate machine failed nbsp nbsp I replaced it with an ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GT card p n - asus p n C H that came from a spare HP Replaced HP 8500... NVIDIA failed NVIDIA ASUS card GeForce with Pavillion Model a y Vista machine I had on hand nbsp The initial VID Graphics card failure and susequent replacement caused much havock with Windows and some other stuff ie not booting loading Windows etc and after Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... much effort I was able to get everything loading amp working reasonable well again nbsp nbsp But the problem I'm still nbsp having is with the old drivers removing them and all their remnants and loading the new drivers for the ASUS NVIDIA card that is now in my machine nbsp I've tried normal uninstalls nbsp as well as nbsp the GURU D com DDU Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... uninstall nbsp I think and it appeares that all the old NVIDIA drvers and other software has been uninstalled Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500... nbsp because I can not find any of it in the normal locations nbsp nbsp But I am still unable to install the NVIDIA GT drivers for the ASUS card from the NVIDIA site or even the NVIDIA drivers software updates that Windows Update has detected and suggested in Windows updates nbsp The insalls start out fine but soon fail to complete nbsp Evidently I and my brother who was in my machine remotely for a good hours because he is an IT Computer tech and is ten times more knowledgable than I on this are missing something very obscure or embarassingly simple in nbsp our efforts to solve this nbsp nbsp Someone please tell us where we are going wrong nbsp nbsp Thanks

A:Replaced failed HP NVIDIA card with ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8500...

Mermiatwd, welcome to the forum. I suggest that you try Revo Uninstaller free version to see if it solves you problem.  I use the Advanced option.  It removes the program from the HDD and the remnants from the BIOS.  I have used it for years with great success with removing those difficult to remove programs. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Replaced-failed-HP-NVIDIA-card-with-ASUS-NVIDIA-GeForce/td-p/5554604
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all I have a XPS from nbsp My son wanted to upgrade his GPU he has a Erazer www inet se lenovo-erazer-x -gtx- which has a Nvidia GTX Ti like this one www notebookcheck net NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX- -Ti-Desktop-Graphics-Card html So I thought it was the perfect time to take his Ti and upgrade both PC s at the same time I took my GPU out of (manufacturer GTX works XPS perfect NVIDIA) GeForce Ti with NVIDIA 750 8300 the XPS and inserted the TI Nothing happened The PC did not recognize the card Then I started to read all types of discussions problems adventures and what not about this PC and a GPU upgrade Man I was about to do a BIOS flashing without even knowing what that meant I have to admit that it has been very interesting days and I have learnt a XPS 8300 works perfect with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (manufacturer NVIDIA) lot and then Then I found the simpliest video with the simplest explanation on how to do proceed I tried it and completely succeeded in about minutes plus minutes of downloading a driver So here is the link to the video The video is in Spanish but these are the SO LOGICAL steps www youtube com watch I added two steps on my own and then followed the video My step Turn on the PC and unistall the stock GPU from the device manager Turn of the computer The video explanation starts in second Disconnect the power for security reasons Open the case and extract the GPU you currently have he does not show this in the video Check that at least you have W The XPS has a W power supply so it is completely enough Insert the card in the PCI where you had the stock card Close the case Connect all cables Turn on the system you will notice that the screen does not look very good It is vecause we are not finished Proceed to Go to the official NVIDIA website and download GeforceExperience www geforce com geforce-experience nbsp nbsp or watch this video for details English nbsp www youtube com watch nbsp Once Geforce Experience is downloaded it will start a scan on your system detect your card and automatically download and install the correct drivers I believe it will ask you to re-start the system Re-start and there you are Now you have NVIDIA GeForce TI in your DELL XPS I hope this was helpful Nachrider

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19681355
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey Techspot guys, I am currently looking for a new computer. I was looking into building a new rig for gaming, web-browsing, word processing, etc. I have had some wonderful feedback so far, but after talking to the wife, she said she would like to get a laptop so we could use it anywhere. I am looking for any ideas on a reliable desktop replacement, without spending a fortune (Alienwares are nice, but several thousand seems a bit excessive) Do any of you out there know of any affordable gaming laptops, or a place where a decent barebones/ buildable/customizable laptop can be found? Thanks in advance

A:I am looking for a desktop replacement. Ideas?

So far Alienware have been pure trouble.
You can expect to like any of this in the upper third of the price range... below that, and you don't have a good game machine that will last: Dell, Gateway, Toshiba, HP. Avoid Sony, Compaq, Alienware if you want reliability. A high end Dell is worth the money. It is the low cost laptops that are trouble for what you describe... You need quality components, multiple fans, good distribution of cooling air, and lots of memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-looking-for-a-desktop-replacement-ideas.135579/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have an older machine I use for backup Dell OptiPlex fairly well appointed with an on-the-motherboard graphics adapter Intel I think running one monitor and a plug-in nVidia based adapter running two monitors I was running Linux on it until January when I joined the 8800GT 9500GT and GeForce GeForce nVidia Windows Insider Program and installed Win At first the two nVidia-driven monitors would not work at all but in a few months they started working after an update download from Microsoft I was a quot fast track quot Insider All was well until February when both nVidia monitors quit working and my WiFi card went dead I tried a number of things but no no avail I got the nVidia-based monitors when I directly downloaded a driver from the manufacturer but after that when the first Microsoft update was downloaded the nVidia-driven screens went blank I really need three monitors for the work I do I tried all sorts of things including a hard disk wipe and complete reload nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT of Win No success I just ran out of time to experiment with it after a few weeks I'm now very concerned about my main machine It's an older custom-built machine with an Intel Core Q processor and two graphics nVidia GeForce 8800GT and GeForce 9500GT cards a GeForce GT and GeForce GT driving four monitors I really can't screw up on my Win to upgrade and loose this machine because of bad device drives forced on me by Microsoft QUESTION Does anyone have success with the GT and or GT

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/46765-nvidia-geforce-8800gt-geforce-9500gt.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, Im thinking about buying a new graphic card and found a card i liked named ASUS GeForce 9400 GT. On the website where they sell it its located under the tab Nvidia, yet if I check out Nvidias prducts page their 9400 GT looks completely different from this one. Then I check out ASUS page and there I find it. So what's the difference between ASUS and Nvidia, why do their cards have the same name, and why does the website im buying it from put the ASUS card under Nvidia products????

A:Difference between ASUS GeForce and Nvidia GeForce???

Nvidia designs and makes the GeForce line of graphics chips. Other manufacturers such as Asus, evga, BFX, PNY and others then use the Nvidia chips in their graphics card designs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difference-between-asus-geforce-and-nvidia-geforce.881353/
Relevancy 60.63%

I wont be able to upgrade windows 10 , my video card is not compatible...

Relevancy 60.63%

i got this update through windows update and i already using my lasted nvidia driver 266.58 so what is this .....

nVidia - Display, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Release DATE 3/31/2011 (published)

Update type: Optional

nVidia Display, Other hardware software update released in February, 2011

A:nVidia - Display, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Quote: Originally Posted by Overson

i got this update through windows update and i already using my lasted nvidia driver 266.58 so what is this .....

nVidia - Display, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Release DATE 3/31/2011 (published)

Update type: Optional

nVidia Display, Other hardware software update released in February, 2011

Hello Overson, welcome to the forum

Windows update does not necessarily install the newest drivers . If you are having no problems with the driver 266.58 then I would stay with that one

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/157698-nvidia-display-other-hardware-nvidia-geforce-9500-gt.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have this windows update as optional,

nVidia - Display, Other hardware - NVIDIA GeForce 9200
Download size: 152.6 MB

running windows 7 - do i need it? it seems rather big at 152.6mb

Relevancy 60.2%

hey all,

after i recently fixed my cpu heat issue with a new cooler, i'm turning on to the next disturbance, which is the graphic card.
i've measured up to 80? celsius (should be about 176? in f) when in use (i.e. games) and i'm pretty worried to cause some damage to the card, as i'm sure that that's not the peak of it.

does anybody know of a cooler for this specific card?
i've already did some searching, but only came up with water cooling - which i don't want.

appreciating any input.

thanks in advance.

regards

jan

A:cooler for nvidia gfx295

This may help you.
NVIDIA Card | Page 1 | Sort By: Product Title A-Z - FrozenCPU.com *
http://www.google.com/search?q=antec...0f73886609171d

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/138396-cooler-nvidia-gfx295.html
Relevancy 59.34%

First of all, for clarification, this is a picture of my video card.
This is the Fatal1ty VGA Cooler my brother gave to me after winning it in a LanWar

My real question is for those who have any first hand experience with these two. The box doesn't say It's not compatible, but it doesn't say it is either, Nor does Newegg, and nor does Xoxide. I'm posting here if anyone knows.
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fatal1ty-fs-v7-vga-cooler-for-nvidia-msi-n9800gt.892376/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi, i apologise for my noobness in computer stuffs as i once again need assistance.. I have a 8800GT card and it's hot so can anyone recommend me a powerful fan tat can hopefully drop the degC by atleast 10? I dont really mind if the fan is so loud tat it wakes my neighbour up coz i use headphones when gamin xD I have a budget of around $50 to $70 and really need a strong cooler to game. Thanks people~!

A:Cooler for nVidia 8800GT card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106112

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-for-nvidia-8800gt-card.105029/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey, ive had this card for quite sometime and i was wondering if there are any good upgrade candidates? There is nothing wrong with the card and it actually runs all my games (even new ones) flawlessly. Is this card too perfect or are there better ones out there?

I heard about the recent release of the geforce 285gtx card...

A:Ideas for geforce 8800gtx upgrade?

There are newer and better ones out there but,as long as it
does what is needed,you might as well wait til the prices come
down.
No need to drop $500 on a card,when you can get it for less
than half that later.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ideas-for-geforce-8800gtx-upgrade.795537/
Relevancy 58.48%

i am getting a NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 i want to know is it better and by how much

A:geforce 8800gtx vs NVIDIA GeForce GT 430

Sorry to tell you bad news, but the 8800gtx is faster.
take a look at these:
8800:
PassMark - GeForce 8800 GTX - Price performance comparison
Is this Good? - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
gt 430:
PassMark - GeForce GT 430 - Price performance comparison
http://pic.xfastest.com/wingphoenix/...0/GT430-13.jpg

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/179394-geforce-8800gtx-vs-nvidia-geforce-gt-430-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

I am thinking of getting a new graphics card for x-mas. I currently have a Geforce 8600 GT and i was looking at this GT 220.

Which is better? i think the 220 is but i just wanted some expert confirmation.

GT 220: http://www.siliconmadness.com/2009/07/nvidia-geforce-g-210-and-gt-220.html (scroll down past the 210)

8600 GT: http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8600.html (The right Column)

A:NVIDIA GT 220 VS Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT

Why bother? If you want to upgrade from an 8600GT - you need to buy a card that has a noticable difference.

For example... the 9500/9400GTs are also pretty much re-badged 8600s. Think of the 220 as a smaller and cheaper to make version of the 8600GT with blu-ray decoding abilities. Its more like a bit better version of the 8600GTs.... that costs $65~95.

An ATI 4670 is about $60~95. Heres a nice one at $80: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161287&cm_re=4670-_-14-161-287-_-Product

But for real big speed bumps - look at ATI 4800s/5700s or at least a GTX 260... or even the GT250 (which is a 9800GT which is a 8800GT - UGH! )
These cards are about $ 120~200.

Your power supply will also be important too. Do you know your brand and model number?

Also your computers own performance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-gt-220-vs-nvidia-geforce-8600-gt.882143/
Relevancy 56.76%

I need to replace the mentioned graphics card. Which one can I buy?  Desktop specifications http://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c03735135 Graphics Card http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-630-oem/specifications I can't order the OEM version but need to replace this graphics card.  Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/GeForce-GT-630-OEM-replacement/td-p/5697542
Relevancy 56.33%

i have a acer aspire x3400g. back to factory default settings. all windows updates.

last time i did a restore nvidia told me the current drivers was 15.46whql or something. but now its saying GeForce 8200P / GeForce 8200P-A-AR is the latest motherboard drivers? what is that anyways. i cant get no search on it. somebody help me. i think since i might have the wrong smbus controller for my chipset that my wifi is dropping with my brand new ae2500 adapter from linksys with a 3200 new router also. thanks in advance.

A:GeForce 8200P / GeForce 8200P-A-AR? nvidia auto update is wrong?

nForce is chip-set, GeForce is graphics. I would say that GeForce 8200P / GeForce 8200P-A-AR is refering to your graphics card not your chip-set.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/211841-geforce-8200p-geforce-8200p-ar-nvidia-auto-update-wrong.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Earlier this week I purchased a nvidia vc and power supply to support it (450w). After installing the card and running the latest video driver I seem to be having major problems while playing World of WarCraft. The game loads fine but during game play my character tends to freeze or background flickers and disappears. While reading other forums similar to this problem many have one thing in common, a Asus sis chip set AMD board. I've re-installed nvidia drivers and dl'd sisagp update from sis.com.tw and still game play is horrible. Could really use some help...thank you.

Asus A7s8x sis board, amd 3000
nvidia 6600 gt 128
512mb
450w ps
120 hd
3 fans since nvidia card tends to run at a high temp.

A:Nvidia 6600gt driver trouble, please help totally out of ideas.

Howdy! Welcome to TechSpot

Try rolling back the drivers to 71.89
@ the top of this page is a driver link that should
have if not try Gur3d
Hope this helps, if not post back we' try ta help you.
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-6600gt-driver-trouble-please-help-totally-out-of-ideas.28743/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a GeForce 9600 GS that the fan has quit running and it overheats and dies on me. I can't find a replacement fan so I'm looking for a replacement card. Will a Geforce GT 640 or a GeForce GTX-750i work as a replacement? My power supply is 460 watts. If I could find a fan that would be great.

A:GeForce 9600 GS card replacement

Yes. GTX 750 Ti uses less power and is powerful than both GT 640 and 9600 GS. Your 460W Power Supply is more than enough.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/357568-geforce-9600-gs-card-replacement.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I just want to ask what is the similarity of NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 and INNO3D GeForce FX 5500 ?and also their difference ..

thnx ...

A:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 and INNO3D GeForce FX 5500 Comparison

They are both the same card... specs can be found here.

Performance will differ via bus type (AGP or PCI) but they are both 5 series nvidia-based cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-fx-5500-and-inno3d-geforce-fx-5500-comparison.139264/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys!

Just need to hear from you experts on this matter..... I recently installed Far Cry on my system:
AMD 2700XP
512mb 333fsb DDR Ram
80Gb 7200 WD HD
Leadtek Winfast FX5900 LX Version 2.8ns ram

I was dissapointed to see that the game didn't run smoothly when I maxed all the options at 1024x768 display resolution...... I'm planning on swapping the FX5900 LX for the ATI 9800 Pro that runs around $200.00 in NewEgg........ will I get noticeable performance gains in Far Cry and all the new games to come (HL2, Doom3, STALKER, etc....) with the ATI 9800 Pro 128mb, can't go over 200 dollars so that's my only choice for the moment.

Will CPU & Ram upgrade increase the game perfomance of my pc or the ATI will be enough, if that is the case!

Please advice me on this matter, Thanx in advance.

A:nVidia 5900 replacement

Well I'm running FarCry with all graphic settings on and medium AA and it runs nice a smooth, mind you I'm running it at 1024x768.

Athlon 2100+ 333fsb @ 2.17Ghz
Abit NF7-S v2.0 nforce2
1Gb OCZ EL-DDR PC3500 (2-3-3-7)
Sapphire 9800 (overclocked to pro speeds)
Western Digital 80Gb 8mb 7200rpm
Creative Augidy2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-5900-replacement.11992/
Relevancy 53.32%

Can anyone rate these G Cards please.
Im looking to upgrade from the geforce gtx 6600.
Price range is around ?100 ($150)
Thanks in advance

A:Nvidia Geforce gts 450

Its about the replacement for the old gtx260s. they have 192cores, and are dx11.

Honestly though... you'd be better off with an ATI, as theyre still a better bang for the buck card.

I'd go with an ati 5770, @ about ?110 from Overclockers.co.uk

Saddly, the 450 is looking like a bust, or shoulda been released 10 months ago.

Big question though is will your current parts... more importantly power supply, run it.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/283170-nvidia-geforce-gts-450-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So I've installed the correct driver as prescribed by one of the members off the NVidia forums. It comes to a part, half-way into the installation that it freezes and you still get that laggy graphics. Now in device driver it says that "Video Controller" it says that "Drivers for this device is not installed. (Code 28)" And I have a choice to "reinstall driver" which is confusing... also have a few choices to update, rollback and uninstall driver. It's been an issue for the past 3 months, although it has worked once when I attempted to install a game - and mysteriuously enabled me to "enable driver".

Thanks a lot if you can help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-4-mx-440.156591/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello everyone! I have a quick question that I hope can be answered fairly quickly as this is the last ting I need to know before buying this PC. I am wanting to buy this PC HP Compaq 8000 Small form factor , but I couldn't find any specs on video cards. I need a VERY decent video card because I am a digital artist. I have always had Nvidia cards and they have always worked great, so, was wondering if any of you spec genius' could tell me if the MSI Nvidia GEForce is compatible? If not, what would you recommend?I also need to do a memory upgrade, what is compatible? Thank you in advance

A:Nvidia Geforce

Hi, This is a series of many machines. One machine can have at least one of the following options: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 (integrated)Nvidia GeForce 3G210 Graphics Card (SFF)(CMT)Nvidia Quadro NVS 290 Graphics Card (SFF)(CMT)Nvidia Quadro NVS 295 Graphics Card (SFF)(CMT)ATI Radeon HD 4650 DP Graphics Card (SFF)(CMT)HP ADD2 SDVO + DVI-D Video Adapter (SFF)(CMT)HP DisplayPort to DVI-D Adapter (SFF)(CMT)HP DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (SFF)(CMT)Source:   http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01926347 You have to see it first, you still do not know what is inside. After that, you can use options above. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Nvidia-Geforce/td-p/5786106
Relevancy 53.32%

so i came back from work last night and somehow my computer has just been destroyed when it was off all day i dunno wtf has happened but it can no longer find my Nvidia geforce gt graphics card and shows geforce is gt 430 gone? Nvidia a Radeon in its place on cpuid im not stupid but i definatly have a Nvidia geforce gt ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting so how the hell can i sort this out the fan on the graphics card is still runnin so it has power running to it but my computer cant pick it up at all when i plug my monitor into the graphics card i just get the quot no signal quot box come up on my screen i can still use my computer but the graphics card is not working at all when i open my nvidia control panel it tell me that it cant detect any nvidia devices even tho the card is firmly in the slot inside my computer please help this is extremely frustrating if its broken i just want to know what part needs to be replaced thanks in advance edit i have removed the card and put it back i also tried re installing the drivers but the disc tells me that the drivers are not need for the radeon which i know so it only detects the radeon not the nvidia graphics card

A:Nvidia geforce gt 430 is gone?

System:

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, build 7601)
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 260 Processor 3,2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display:

Name: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics
Chip type: ATI display adapter
DAC Type: Internet DAC (400MHz)
Monitor: Generic PnP monitor

Driver:

Main Driver: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticf
Version 8.850.0.0
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC
Model: M4A78LT-M

dont have a clue why my dxdiag tool is saying that i have a radeon 3000 (unless pcspecialist put it in as some basic chip set) and its no longer (since last night) picking up my Nvidia geforce gt 430 so yeah any help would be lovely is there a way to choose between the two cards or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/253408-nvidia-geforce-gt-430-gone.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Okay I bought a NVIDIA GeForce 2 off ebay for my gaming computer but it didn't have the installer. So I was wondering if any of you could help me find a program to install it and i can copy it to a floppy disk and insert it into my other computer, boot it up and voila... so any help very appreciated.

A:NVIDIA GeForce 2

do a windows update. The appropriate drivers that are stable will download.
Actually - select custom update.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-2.55469/
Relevancy 53.32%

anyone have any links to that specific driver download? thanks all

A:Nvidia GeForce 4 MX-440

We would need to know your operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-4-mx-440.151844/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys new to the forum so let me start by saying and thanks for even looking at my thread! So here's my situation. I have above graphics card and all was well when on win 7. But now that im on Win 8.1 pro X64 my display going out to my sony bravia tv no longer works. I tried the display on duplicate and extend and all i get on my tv is a blank screen.(I've tried multiple drivers and beta drivers but still no luck) I'm not the saviest computer guy but i manage most of the time, so if helping please give good details so i can do it. any other info you need about my pc justy ask and i will gladly provide.

A:Nvidia GeForce 550 GTX Ti

Hi bambam1978 and welcome to the forum. Are we talking HDMI here? Also what kind of puter? Do you also have Intel integrated graphics? More system specs would help.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/46090-nvidia-geforce-550-gtx-ti.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi to everyone,
I all new to forums so please bear with me if I am talking bull here.
I have a Geforce FX5500 256mb OC by BFG and just got an ATI Radeon 9800SE 128mb. I heard that the ATI overheat, and heat is an issue to me as I live in Brazil and at the mo the av temp here is 35. I do alot of video editing therefore my system often is v hot inside. Which card should I use? Below is a copy of my system:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
ABIT AV8 MB
2 512mb DDR400 crucial
3 Samsung HD ( 1 Sata 120Gb/ 1 IDE 80Gb / 1 IDE 40Gb)
Geforce FX 5500 256mbOC (BFG)
1 DVDRW Phillips
1 LG CDRW/DVDrom
1 Systemfan at the back and one at the front cooling HDs

Relevancy 53.32%

hi can forgive me for my dumbness

can anyone explain to me my Graphic Card Specs

Im asking this because i remember buying this graphic card a year ago having 1gb. Im confused because i can't see 1gb on the specs.

A:Nvidia geforce 210

It depends on the card manufacturer. What you have linked to is the page from NVidia which lists the reference specs for a card of that type. Other manufacturers take the reference design and customize/tweak it. The changes that they typically make is to increase the amount of memory (usually by higher-capacity chips or by inserting chips into otherwise empty memory positions on the PCB) and/or pre-overclock the card (make it run faster than reference).

To find the actual specs for your card, you will need to check the card manufacturer's website (Sparkle, PNY, etc.).

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/226392-nvidia-geforce-210-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I recently got a NVIDIA geforce 2 MX/MX 400 64MB graphics card which replaced my voodoo 32mb card.

Not sure what the problem is esactly but its something to do with something belive it or not!

since i have put the card in it has a lot better graphics on my games such as unreal tournament but it has seemed to slow down my computer and runs very glichey wen minimizeing or restoring down this didnt happen before with the last card.

how can i sort this out or do i have to put up with it?

i hope this qestion is in the right part.

Thanks ipatriot

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys. I am planning on upgrading my GTX 555 OEM cause its a little to low end for my taste. The question I have for all the tech-savy people out there is which graphics card should I get? A Geforce GTX 680, 690, or 780? I've heard that the 690 is basically 2 680s running in SLI. If that's true, that means any games that wont work with SLI or don't perform well with SLI, will still have the same problems and I wont be able to do anything about it. So i was wondering which one do you think I should get? I wanna be able to run any next gen games on max settings if not, one below max settings.

Thanks.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello every1
i have got a NVIDIA geforce 2 MX 400 graphics card, my windows 7 is automatically installing a standard vga instead of installing my graphics card, i have search alot for the suitable drivers for the mentioned graphics card but no improvement. plz someone help me, i m quite in trouble.

thanx in advance

A:NVIDIA Geforce 2 MX 400

mrViXey, welcome to the forums.

The reason you can't find any drivers for that card is that there aren't any, and haven't been any for close to 5 years. Here is a thread from our graphics card section,

HELP driver for geforce 4 mx 440 agp8x

that most had good luck using the 71.90 XP driver, or you can try the last XP driver,

ForceWare Windows XP/2000 32-bit

One thing that won't happen is Aero will not work on that card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/99809-nvidia-geforce-2-mx-400-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I don't know much about GPUs on PCs, I recently just got a Zotac GT 430 1GB DDR3 and when I go to install it's own drivers from the new March 2012 Nvidia GeForce drivers, it installs this NVIDIA HD Audio drivers and I got no sound since I can't use my Realtek Audio, I have to disable my realtek onboard audio on the BIOS to avoid the system from crashing/freezing, I mostly got freezing. I just need help, I hope someone can tell me how I can install the GT 430's drivers fine and NVIDIA Audio drivers (if I have to) and still use my Realtek Audio without my system having a conflict with NVIDIA and Realtek audio drivers.

What I have been told to fix this (via Steam): use older drivers via from the CD. - But I wanna know what you people here at TechSupportGuy think.

Relevancy 53.32%

AAGP 8x graphics card with 64MB DDR memory and TV-out.

QUESTION:

How do I upgrade this to the latest driver? (sorry, but the question mark, for some reason, shows up as an ?)

I went over to the nvidia website to no avail. Please help.

A:NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 440

paula89, welcome to the Seven Forums.

To answer your question, quite simply you don't. There is not now and never will be a Windows 7 driver for that card, as Nvidia dropped support for it a long time ago. The best you can do is the last XP driver,

ForceWare Windows XP/2000 32-bit

Probably have to use compatibility mode,

Compatibility Mode

to get it to install. It the rest of the computer is of similar vintage as the video card, there is also a good possibility that the video driver won't install due to the lack of a working AGP/GART driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/114121-nvidia-geforce-4-mx-440-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have got a major problem it is really screwed up Nvidia Geforce E HELP L H 2 PLEASE P!!! my system you see i have a Geforce mx and my computer is running under a windows xp now the prob is that i cannot activate my display driver or geforce video card or how you wanna call it you see the Nvidia Geforce 2 HELP PLEASE H E L P!!! thing is if i do i get a flikkering screen that Nvidia Geforce 2 HELP PLEASE H E L P!!! turn off and on and i cannot play any freakin games either so that really sucks cause i got some hot games like hitman contracts and spidy ANYWAYS i got downloading some drivers all over the internet the nvidia official homepage driverguide com i got a little over a mb on nvidia geforce drivers on my comp now the thing is that one did work i was happy and i thought it would stay that way but CRAP it didn t so i thought f k it i am going to re install windows xp yeah why Nvidia Geforce 2 HELP PLEASE H E L P!!! not so i did like times and every time i did it showed the windows xp logo and it freezes into a black screen with a little white dot in the upper left corner now i lost a lotta files during those attempts so i dont want that to happen again SO PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP ME CAUSE I DONT NO WHAT TO DO OR WHAT TO FIX IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING BOUT THIS PROBLEM I BEG BEG BEG YOU TO HELP ME thanks a bunch windows xp geforce mx is there anything more ya wanna know talk to me email me if you got anything email protected a desperete desperado in need guys help a brother out email protected nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-2-help-please-h-e-l-p.259123/
Relevancy 53.32%

nVidia GeForce GT 240 GDDR3 vs. nVidia GeForce GT 220

I've compared these two online, and i'm still not sure which is better.

i just bought the GT240 and 'Can Your Run It' is saying that i cannot run Supreme Commander 2 but not really telling me why. it also says i cannot run Supreme Commander 1 which runs fine on my system.

so i'm thinking of returning the GT240 and getting the GT220.

your thoughts?
JTN

A:nVidia GeForce GT 240 vs. GT 220

The GT 240 is a better card then the GT 220, hence the higher model number. Neither is a great gaming card though, but the GT 240 is good enough for most games. See a benchmark here with both cards and lasts years mid range card and the previous years near top card, the 8800GT: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gt-240,2475.html

Here are the requirements for Supreme Commander 2: http://www.game-debate.com/news/?ne...2&title=Supreme Commander 2 Full System Specs

Note the CPU recommended, dual core. Your Pentium 4 is going to be the weak link.

P.S. "Can you Run it" isn't perfect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-gt-240-vs-gt-220.908959/
Relevancy 53.32%

While playing a game JKII my computer kept locking-up and then unlocking until it just froze When I restarted my computer an error report showed up saying it was my video card This is the error report Watchdog Event Log File LogType Watchdog Created - - TimeZone - - AUS Eastern Standard Time WindowsVersion XP EventType xEA - Thread Stuck in Device Driver The driver for the display device got stuck in an nVidia MX 200/400 Geforce 2 infinite loop This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly Please check with your display device vendor for any driver updates EaRecovery ShutdownCount Shutdown EventCount BreakCount BugcheckTriggered DebuggerNotPresent DriverName nv disp EventFlag DeviceClass Display DeviceDescription NVIDIA nVidia Geforce 2 MX 200/400 GeForce MX MX HardwareID PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV B Manufacturer NVIDIA DriverFixedFileInfo FEEF BD E A B E A B F DriverCompanyName NVIDIA Corporation DriverFileDescription NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version DriverFileVersion DriverInternalName nv disp dll DriverLegalCopyright C NVIDIA Corporation All rights reserved DriverOriginalFilename nv disp dll DriverProductName NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version DriverProductVersion Can anyone help me I don t understand this nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

hey all...trying to use my sony wide screen exclusively for my monitor..it does the display in clone mode just fine but the dimensions are off,vert and horiz.. as it is blown out a bit larger on the tele screen and cant see all corners etc.any experience on how to adjust the mx settings to accomodate my wide screen ?? ive tried adjusting the monitor view sizes,resolutions and i`m stumped without pulling in all icons and shrinking IE window sizes.thanks in advance.

A:NVIDIA Geforce MX 440

You should have at least one 16:9 resolution in your control panel> display properties.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-mx-440.449327/
Relevancy 53.32%

i want to buy the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, as an upgrade from nvida geforce 9800gtx. my motherboard is Asus P5K Premium/WiFi-AP i did post on their website but no reply, i want to know if i buy the new graphics card will it be ok with the motherboard.

computer specs are
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
CPU
Type DualCore Intel Core 2 E8400, 3000 MHz (9 x 333)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Bearlake P35
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX (512 MB)
DirectX DirectX 10.0
Motherboard Name Asus P5K Premium/WiFi-AP
Audio Adapter Analog Devices AD1988B @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller
Optical Drive ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P SCSI
CdRom Device
Optical Drive PIONEER BD-ROM BDC-202 ATA Device (BD:5x, DVD+RW:12x/6x, DVD-RW:12x/6x, DVD-ROM:12x BD-ROM/DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
Printer Canon MX300 series Printer
ATI Theater 650 TV Card hybird visiontex

A:Nvidia GeForce GTX 295

yes the GTX 295 will work as long as you have a great PSU. of by the way buy me one too plz

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gtx-295.142089/
Relevancy 53.32%

Solved.

A:Nvidia GeForce GT 220

It will play modern games at low resolutions without AA. The Radeon 4650 is a small step up. You might try looking for a used 8800gt. I just picked up another 4870 for $55 and a 9600gso for $35 on some other forums.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gt-220.161774/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys, as the title above, the fan on that card is broken, so i need a replacement fan, or the whole hsf if its easier to get.

needs to be quite small/compact (since there's not much space in the pc..) as possible, priced reasonably (cheap as possible, but good quality) and doesn't need to be too flashy.

Just seeing your recommendations before i go around to buying stuff.

A:Replacement fan/hsf for a nVidia Quadro4 card

Good luck. They are hard to come by, and difficult to install so they work reliably. Check with the maker of the card for parts. I suspect it will be less expensive to replace the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-fan-hsf-for-a-nvidia-quadro4-card.94050/
Relevancy 52.89%

hey guys what's the clock speed and amount of pipes lines and the shaders the card use and also any other information about the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700VE. Because i am buying a new card and want to know how much of a upgrade i am geting or what i need to get in a new video card.
thx for helping

A:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700VE

i must admit i haven't heard of the VE line before...i know theres a 5700LE...but i'm guessing that's not what you have...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-fx-5700ve.42329/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi there every one I just joined this form today And i am hoping you guys can help me because I ll go mad with this proble I have got HP dv kb ea Originally it came with Vista home premium But last week i decide to download windows I wiped my hard drive and did clean install windows It is activated ok NVIDIA 8400M GS PLZ GeForce HELP'''''' and it says genuni and activated in system info MY PROBLEM is Nvidia GeForce M GS I think When i check Device Manager Display I got yellow mark i just can't update it I tried evrything NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS PLZ HELP'''''' no joy at all My questions What drivers i need for windows Ultimate -bit Do I need to download Nvidia drivers from Nvidia site or HP site My biggest annoying problem is screen resulation It stuck on - and I cant changed it So drivers i need if i am right a nvidia chipset but which one b Whql c What else i got no idea Still can not change scrren resulationnnn Just last thing When i ran bios it still shows quot VISTA quot on bios do i also need to do anything with BIOS settings THANKS IN ADVANCE EVERYONE KINDEST REGARDS rtyrty

A:NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS PLZ HELP''''''

Hey buddie,
Welcome,
Choose and install your drivers for your Gcard.
Report back here after your done with your results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/59408-nvidia-geforce-8400m-gs-plz-help.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all i recently perchased a second hand computer which was custom built the computer it self seems to be geforce problem NVIDIA MX/MX 400 2 fine but im haveing trouble with NVIDIA geforce 2 MX/MX 400 problem the graphics card the computer came with a NVIDIA geforce MX MX already installed however when i try to run any newish type of game it comes up with an error report The program begins to instalise then the message please insure that you have direct x or higher installed also check your graphics card is working properly i have managed to run a couple of older games but a game needing mb video card wont play is there something wrong with my computer or is it simpy that my graphics card isnt good enough to handle the type of games i want it to i am unsure as to the spec of the card i already have and would greatly appreciate any help with solving the problem if the graphics card isnt good enough to run the games would you be able to recomend something that will as im unwilling to buy something that wont help the second part of my problem lies with direct x the computer continualsly ask s me to insure that i have direct x installed however each time i install it from one of the games i own as the game also contains direct x it dosent seem to solve it i check where i have installed the file and the file is there but there is nothing inside the file labelled direct x thanks Ian nbsp

A:NVIDIA geforce 2 MX/MX 400 problem

Try getting the latest version of DirectX ( 9.0c ) & the latest nVidia drivers which currently are the 71.84 for XP/2000 / 71.84 for 98/ME.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-2-mx-mx-400-problem.24041/
Relevancy 52.89%

Nvidia GeForce 358.59 HotFix

Windows 7 and 8
64 bit Desktop
http://international.download.nvidi...-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international.hf.exe
32 bit Desktop
http://international.download.nvidi...-desktop-win8-win7-32bit-international.hf.exe
64 bit Notebook
http://international.download.nvidi...notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international.hf.exe
32 bit Notebook
http://international.download.nvidi...notebook-win8-win7-32bit-international.hf.exe

Windows 10
64 bit Desktop - Win10
http://international.download.nvidi...58.59-desktop-win10-64bit-international.hf.ex
32 bit Desktop - Win10
http://international.download.nvidi...8.59-desktop-win10-32bit-international.hf.exe

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-358-59-hotfix.52140/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi. when i try to watch videos on my computer using the nvidia geforce 6200, the computer slows down considerably. i also have another graphics driver in my computer...the Intel 82845G/GL Graphics Controller. i disable the geforce and restarted my computer and was able to watch videos but when i enabled the geforce and disabled the intel, i was unable to watch videos. what should i do? thanks.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I have Nvidia Geforce 5700FX graphics card.

Windows Update can't find drivers for this card. Where can I get drivers for this card?

I would need to change resolution to 1,680 x 1,050 of my monitor (Samsung 215TW) How can i do this ? I suppose graphics card driver would solve this.

Regards, Ales

A:Nvidia Geforce 5700fx

Just download the latest Vista driver for your card from Nvidia and it should work fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/2448-nvidia-geforce-5700fx.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all I am looking to replace the nbsp Single GB Nvidia GeForce GTS in my desktop This is 1GB GTS GeForce Nvidia Single 240 currently unavailable Stressed as I have major graphics job to complete Does anyone have any advice or know where I can purchase Thank you all This is my spec Studio XPS DT StudioXPS - Intel Core i Processor GHz MB Item Description Quantity Total Price StudioXPS - Intel Core i Processor GHz MB euro Genuine Windows reg Single 1GB Nvidia GeForce GTS 240 Professional bit- English English Microsoft Office Home Student years Collect amp Return Accidental Damage McAfee reg Security Centre Month Protection Accidental Damage already selected in your Single 1GB Nvidia GeForce GTS 240 Service Plan Display Not Included MB x GB MHz DDR Dual Channel Memory TB Dual Hard Drive Raid quot Stripe quot x TB - rpm GB ATI Radeon trade HD Graphics Card Blu-Ray ROM combo Blu-ray read only DVD CD read amp write amp X DVD -RW Win Only Dell Multimedia USB Keyboard Dual Tone - UK Irish Dell Optical Scroll USB buttons scroll DUAL TONE Mouse Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music Card Dell Wireless Bluetooth Module - European English - Documentation with UK Ire Power cord D X Studio XPS DT Order - Ireland Datasafe Local Basic nbsp W Processor Heatsink nbsp nbsp Studio XPS Resource DVD nbsp nbsp

A:Single 1GB Nvidia GeForce GTS 240

I would look on eBay.
The used market on the low end graphics cards is pretty good from a buyers point of view.
but, your description lists an ATI Radio HD 5770.
Or, look at upgrade options. It seems like several have put in newer, nicer graphics cards and these might be easier or faster to find.
www.google.com/search
good luck.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19993222
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi. I am asking a very serious question. My question is this, that my friend had a same laptop as mine, but with a nvidia geforce gtx 840m 4gb, and 4gb ram. Wether in my case my laptop is not having nvidia chip. and ram is 6gb. so the question is this that can I put a nvidia geforce gtx 840m kit in my laptop or not, because of having the same structure of laptop. Any attention or reply will helpfull in this case. Thank You.Regards,Syed Junaid Ahmad

A:Nvidia Geforce GTX 840m kit

Hi, The following link shows specs of your machine:       http://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c04501053 The answer is No, the motherborad or system board on your machine does not have any slot for video card and the Intel graphics chip is soldered to the board. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Nvidia-Geforce-GTX-840m-kit/td-p/5591001
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi...

Actually I have two questions :

1- which is a better purchase the nVidia GeForce 6800,
or the nVidia GeForce 7600 GT.
and what is the exact difference between the two.

2- I am really confused between the Geforce mfg's, which is the best ?
eVga,ASUS,MSI,Gigabyte,XFX,BFG,PNY,... or what ???

Relevancy 52.89%

I recently bought a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 512MB PCIe w/DVI/TV-OUT. Everything was fine for a while then when i was playing Bioshock my computer locked up. This happened 2 or 3 times over the course of a week.
Then i got the blue screen of death but it flashed by so quickly that i could not read the error. Every time the computer reboots i have to go to safe mode.
I reformatted my computer and now every time i try to install the driver it craps out again. I go back to safe mode and uninstall the driver and the computer will now boot normally.
I tried the driver off of the CD and 2 drivers from Nvidia's website. Noting seems to work and i am extremely frustrated.

A:NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

Hmm, it could possibly be a power issue. What power supply are you running? Although I don't know why it would give you a hard time installing drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-8600-gt.636680/
Relevancy 52.89%

nvidia geforce fx hi can any fx5200 nvidia geforce one help me please i have the above graphics card installed in my pc homebrew every now and again when i visit websites or nvidia geforce fx5200 go on to the chat rooms my screen just goes blank as if the pc has shut down the light on the monitor blinks and i have to do a reset really starting to p me off now does not happen all the time using windows xp pro gb hard drive Processor x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD Mhz BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc Name NVIDIA GeForce FX PNP Device ID PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A amp B D E amp amp Adapter Type GeForce FX NVIDIA compatible Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce FX Adapter RAM MB bytes Installed Drivers nv disp dll Driver Version INF File oem inf nv NV x section Color Planes Color Table Entries Resolution x x hertz Bits Pixel Memory Address xCE - xCEFFFFFF Memory Address xC - xC FFFFFF IRQ Channel IRQ I O Port x B - x BB I O Port x C - x DF Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Driver c winnt system drivers nv mini sys MB bytes i have no idea if the above info will be of any help but here s hoping someone can help with this problem many thanks pete nbsp

A:nvidia geforce fx5200

If this is only happening when you are online ,I don't think it is your Vid card. I would look at browser settings ,firewall ,etc. Also I would also run AV ,Adware ,spybot (or whatever you use)to make sure you have no bugs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-fx5200.11861/
Relevancy 52.89%

Does anyone know where I can download the latest drivers without going through outfits like Pitstop and Driver Robot?
Thanks

A:Nvidia GeForce 8600GT

For Nvidia cards I always go here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-8600gt.138162/
Relevancy 52.89%

Nvidia Geforce gt monitor signal loss ok i have problem i just got a geforce gt video card like Nvidia gt Geforce 6600 a month ago and all was going well until i started to play a few of my games The games work fine until i get up to a certain part then the monitor shuts off and Nvidia Geforce 6600 gt goes into power saving mode The games i have a problem with are worlds of warcraft when u are a ghost Everquest character selection screen and star wars knights of the old republic when u are out in space The phrases in parenthesis are the Nvidia Geforce 6600 gt only times the monitor shuts off any other time everything works fine I ve tried lowering refresh rate downloading updated drivers changing resolution reseting my monitor to default specifications and have even changed my monitor but it doesn t help or make it worse i have a pentium ghz and gig of ram the motherboard i have is an asus p pe my last thought is all of the monitors that i own are all pin VGA and the gt is a DVI so i need an adapter to connect and maybe some signal is being lost in the connection i don t know i am very good and very smart when it comes to computers so if someone could please help me out i would be very grateful nbsp

A:Nvidia Geforce 6600 gt

try disabling advanced graphics options in your games such as:
shadows, lightmaps, smoke, tiretracks

DVI so i need an adapter to connect and maybe some signal is being lost in the connection...?Click to expand...

your problem is software and your dvi connector has nothing to do with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-6600-gt.23621/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've just placed my new Geforce 9800GT, and after a few minutes, after I installed my drivers, I checked the temperature.
It showed 130 degrees! How is this possible?
It didnt do anything yet.. just installing the drivers.
Could Hwmonitor CPUID be wrong? EVGA tool gives the same temperature..
We've had problems with overheating with our previous card so I'm pretty sure it must've something to do with wiring or something.
The CPU temperature is perfect.

Thanks in advance

My computerspecs are:
Aspire M5640 - 1M7C
Windows Vista
Intel core 2 Quad Q6600
2GB DDR II RAM
Nvidia Geforce 9800GT

Relevancy 52.89%
A:Which is better and why? Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M or 980 Ti

What? Apples and oranges.

The 980 ti is a discrete desktop card, the 960m is normally used in laptops (or all-in-ones). Until the introduction of the 1080, the 980 ti was about as fast as the Maxwell Titan X, the fastest card nVidia made at the time.

The desktop 960 was more powerful than the 960m. (The 960 also consumes 128W peak or more, which would not be acceptable in a notebook.)

Sample benchmarks:

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...0/m27242vs3609

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare...0/m27242vs3165

I suppose that Google can find more and better benchmarks, but I think that these are plausible.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/64822-better-why-nvidia-geforce-gtx-960m-980-ti.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Quote:
Earlier today, NVIDIA has lifted the covers on a new GPU from their ?Fermi? family specifically targeting gamers: the GeForce GTS 450.

What NVIDIA did with the GTS 450 was look at the latest habits of today?s gamers and designed a GPU that would meet their needs at what will be a good price point for gamers on a budget ($129 according to their blog). According to Valve?s Steam Hardware & Software Survey for July 2010 ? 57% of gamers play between 1280x1024 and 1680x1050 screen resolutions. The Steam Hardware & Software Survey for August 2010 was released as well and that trend still holds true (it?s at 56.03% for August). With that in mind, NVIDIA designed the GTS 450 to provide the best experience on 19? to 22? monitors operating at resolutions between 1280x1024 and 1680x1050. NVIDIA groups their GPUs into ?classes? that gamers would understand:

More: NVIDIA Unveils GeForce GTS 450

Relevancy 52.89%

Can NVIDIA GeForce Experience be uninstalled safely from "Programs and Features" without messing up any of the rest of the NVIDIA drivers?
A followup question if it can be.
I assume that once NVIDIA GeForce Experience is uninstalled and I want a newer driver, I would need to uninstall all of the old driver package one at a time before installing a newer one, is that correct?
Thanks for any responses.

A:NVIDIA GeForce Experience

Hi,
Yes you can uninstall what ever features you want too
NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/402092-nvidia-geforce-experience.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Would and Nividia Geforce 8800 GTX be compatible with an XPS 600 if it had all the requirements?

A:XPS 600 and an Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX

Should be compatible, however, the XPS's PSU may be too weak for the 8800GTX.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xps-600-and-an-nvidia-geforce-8800-gtx.67646/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys..
Got this card recently.. I have a Intel P4 3.0 GHz and 1 GB of Ram.. I recently also updated my SMPS to 440W..
The problem is when the card is "ON".. Windows XP freezes halfway when its loading.. I read many forums but not many ppl have the same issues.. Most of em suggested to reload `ol drivers.. I've tried the latest one 178.24, 175.19 and 81.95.. Still the same problem occurs.. The best part is the comp only works in Safe Mode with good graphics.. Thats really sad..
Waiting for some "Good" help plz.. Im pissed with this problem.. Btw ive not done any settings in my BIOS.. so if thats to be done then plz do let me know..
Thanks & Cheers..

A:Nvidia geforce 6200

Well, if the card works fine in safe mode and not during a normal session than I would say it's most definitely a driver issue. Here's what I would try...

Boot into safe mode with card installed... make sure it's seated properly
Run Driver Cleaner Pro (download from Guru3D) to remove old drivers
**You may want to consider reinstalling/updating chipset drivers too**
Go into Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the driver entries from there (clean up)
Restart the computer; boot into Safe Mode again
Reinstall the latest drivers for the video card **after chipset drivers if you chose to update!!**
Restart the computer again; see if it boots normally

If the video card still doesn't work, you might have to update directX or download some Windows updates. I'd say if nothing works after that point, ask for an RMA... might be faulty vRAM or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-6200.114843/
Relevancy 52.89%

Greetings to everyone Nvidia GS 8400M GeForce out there I am new to the forum Feel free to Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS critique me if I do or say something wrong I purchases a Dell XPS around November also u should know I keep very good care of my Laptop Recently being the last month my computer has been freezing at least the screen it flickers green and red then it pixellates then my computer crashes However about two weeks ago my computer flickered and pixellated but didn t crash My computer reinitialized my graphics card and started working It then told me my graphics card had failed This was great for me because up until then I really had no idea what was going wrong So I now know what my problem is Then I decided to go onto cyberspace and look around to see if anyone else had the same problem I found Yes Few people did However no one has been able to solve the problem I ve updated my driver rolled back my driver and have come across nothing Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS but failure The only thing that I ve found to work is just disabling my graphics card which is pretty lame because my computer goes into fits whenever I try to play a movie or a game Please if anyone has any information that would help me it would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS

Umm i havea 8200 its nice but i meen im getting a 8600gt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-8400m-gs.107669/
Relevancy 52.89%

its normal that my video card temperature level is 67* when im not playin no games or using any programs and when i lunch a game it gets to 70+????
its pretty hot i think could burn anytime i think plz any advise thx

A:NVIDIA GeForce 6800

I know that the 6800-Series cards are pretty warm, but it seems a bit (or somewhat) high for an idle temperature. I presume it's in celsius . Make sure the fan is spinning properly and attatched correctly. Open up the side your your case and blow a fan onto the card. I would suggest that you buy something along the lines of this. I say something along the lines of this because I have not personally used a VGA Cooler on anything that I own, but I searched Newegg (great company if you live in the U.S., tell me if you live elsewhere so we at TechSpot can find the correct website for you ), and I searched for the best reviewed cooler, and that came up ! Good Luck :wave: !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-6800.77392/
Relevancy 52.89%

Does anyone know where I can download driver updates fir the above without going through Pitsop and driver robot?
Thanks

Relevancy 52.89%

After I bought my notebook (HP Notebook 14-r202tx), my notebook worked normally.And Nvidia geforce appeared after I left click the mouse in dekstop.But after I re-installed my notebook Nvidia geforce hadn't appeared anymore.Could you give me suggestion?Because after I installed the driver from this website nvidia geforce still not appeared...Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Nvidia-Geforce-issue/td-p/5824599
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok i have 2 monitors a compaq mv520 and a dell e156fp i know i have the compaq set up to a dvi cord and it works. I can make it so both monitors can project the same thing at the same time but heres my problem. when i click the down bar theres no other nview display setting and i want it where i can have windows open in both screens. So right now my computer is set to clone monitors is there a patch i need to download?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-7300-le.738894/
Relevancy 52.89%

Okay I have a question I reluctantly upgraded my Nvidia Silent Cell GT only reluctant because it is silent to a GeForce TI not the fastest on the block but I am not into high end gaming The only game I have on my PC is Warcraft The Frozen Throne NOT WoW My question is two fold one the last few Experience updates will simply not work I contacted Nvidia Tech Support they had me uninstall everything to do with the GPU and reinstall it No go It was then suggested I do an OS reinstall naturally there were no guarantees that would work So I did a dual boot my main OS is Vista I also have Win Ultimate which I installed did the GPU Updates same error it just wouldn't work Re contacted Nvidia they said to RMA it it was faulty I have yet to take it out of my case Now the second part of my question is does the GeForce Experience make any impact on the quot gaming experience quot As I said I Experience Nvidia GEForce only play Warcraft The Frozen Throne and I haven't noticed any change Here in lays my dilemma there is another PC in the house but the case is to small to take my GPU I Nvidia GEForce Experience have a work around for the quot Experience quot I install the latest drivers and have a stand alone version of the GEForce Experience V which works Do I take the card out and RMA it or keep the card

A:Nvidia GEForce Experience

Hi,

Well you are the only one to answer that question: -

Your card is damaged but will work if it is driver down graded. However, you bought a good card & can not use it at it's best. So, I would rip it out & get them to replace it.

Ask them to send the replacement first, if they are that sure it needs replacing!

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/303300-nvidia-geforce-experience.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Guys,

I did format my PC and installed a frech copy of Windows 7,
all the drivers went through except the GeForce Go 7400

my laptop is Sony Vaio, VGN-SZ48GN

I found the driver (win XP) from sony's website did install it, and it works but not perfect. something is wrong with the resultion
please check the attachment and see for yourself.

please help, I tried everything with no luck..
thanks again

A:NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400

Hi, welcome. Follow instructions here and it will be well with Aero interface and full hardware acceleration.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/37482-nvidia-geforce-go-7400-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Enjoy:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1536 MB Review - Page 1/31 | techPowerUp

EDIT:

SLI review:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 SLI Review - Page 1/27 | techPowerUp

A:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - First Review

Cheers.

Edit: That's quite an impressive card over the GTX480. I was quite surprised with the drop in power usage vs the increase in performance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/123483-nvidia-geforce-gtx-580-first-review.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey folks need a little help.

I have the above mentioned card that Dell has diagnosed as bad and out of warranty(14 months old)

How can I tell the manufacturer of the Card, I see nothing on the card itself that tells me this.

I am trying to see if the manufacturer has a warranty on it since dell says they wont.

Thanks for your help in advance.

TigerRich

A:Help with Nvidia GEForce 7900GS

Nvidia is the manufacturer.
http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-nvidia-geforce-7900gs.94252/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

Today I just bought myself a gtx 960 and I notice that the fans tend to struggle to turn on. What I would like to do to put my mind at ease is to have my fans running all the time so I don't have to worry about them struggling to turn on. I use evga precision x to control the fan speed, however my main question is how much rpm should I put my fans at? I would do 100% but won't that hurt the card overtime? I just need help finding the recommended percent for them to be at during all times of use (gaming or not gaming)

Thanks!

A:Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Fan Problem

100% would be very fast and and very loud, that is what it would spin at if it was to hit say 89c What do you mean they have an issue starting, do you mean spinning up or physically have a hard time staying spinning. What model is the gpu, it probably has a design that it does not start spinning the fans till it gets above say 45c.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/377982-nvidia-geforce-gtx-960-fan-problem.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Good Evening Guys how is every one ok my brother has a pc It Is System Manufacturer INTEL System Model D GLVG Processor Intel Pentium CPU GHz RAM MB Graphics Intel Extreme Graphics MB His system also have PCI slots and one PCIe x Slot A month ago he brought nVidia FX MB for PCI slot not PCIe Now what happens is that when we insert the card in PCI slot and start the PC Windows Xp picks up the default driver for the card When i check dxdiag its shows everythink correctly but the AGP Texure Acceleration is not available i mean it is disabled i cannot select deselect or enable disable it myself So i insert the card s PCI nVidia with GeForce FX5200 This Happens Why ? software s cd provided Why This Happens with PCI nVidia GeForce FX5200 ? in its box and install the driver This time when i check dxdiag AGP Texture Acceleration option is available and i can enable or disable it if i want to Now let me tell you the problem After installing the card s driver from the cd i run the game Prince Of Persia The Two Thrones and i see that the game videos not ingame videos are running but with a pause in them i mean they Why This Happens with PCI nVidia GeForce FX5200 ? don t run smoothly or simply there is a breakage in the movie of sec just like sec play sec pause sec play sec pause then i close the game and uninstall the card s driver and Windows Xp picks up the default driver again but this time when i run the game The breakage is reduces half sec Why This Happens with PCI nVidia GeForce FX5200 ? may be Can any tell me whats the problem Can i have some other driver or tweak which can remove this error my friend runs the same game on Processor GHz Ram RAM Graphic Card nVidia FX AGP x in x slot but works very well and the game runs very smooth and with no breakage plz help me nbsp

A:Why This Happens with PCI nVidia GeForce FX5200 ?

Is the on-board video disabled in bios?
When the screen comes up for the default windows driver cancel out of it and run the install cd and re-boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-this-happens-with-pci-nvidia-geforce-fx5200.87498/
Relevancy 52.89%

is the nvidia geforce 8400 gs a very nice video card for a Pc gamer like me?

hope for your soonest reply guys...

Relevancy 52.89%

I recently picked up a second hand notebook a few days ago I purchased it from a second hand notebook store and they clean installed windows onto it The guy at the store said he wasn't sure if he installed the right need G with help Nvidia 9300m GeForce graphic card drivers and considering the fact it rebooted itself and switched into colour mode the first time I used it I'd presume he was right need help with Nvidia GeForce 9300m G As far as I can tell the problem is purely around the Nvidia Geforce m G I tried a few different drivers for it from the Nvidia website but they all did the same thing I then tried looking up drivers more specifically for the ASUS brand F S Model notebook but unfortunately the only specifically made drivers I could find were Vista drivers What happens exactly is Every time I run any d excelerated software where things are detailed my old openGL tests work fine it goes from being completely smooth to freezing the computer the fan the fan on need help with Nvidia GeForce 9300m G the graphics card need help with Nvidia GeForce 9300m G I presume then speeds up alot It either stays frozen until reset or it reboots itself I then have to use the quot repair windows quot option on startup so it doesn't go back into colour mode I really have no clue what to do I don't know if it's drivers incorrect bios configuration if it was accidently overclocked in store directX claims it has approx mbs of total memory when it's only a mb card If anyone could help me I'd be very thankful this is really stressing me out Some specs ASUS model F S notebook gig ram ghz processor Nvidia Geforce m G graphics card

A:need help with Nvidia GeForce 9300m G

Did you download this driver.....
NVIDIA DRIVERS 266.58 WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/148252-need-help-nvidia-geforce-9300m-g.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz 2.81GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

And i have Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 Is this a good card for me?

What do you think?

A:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

It all depends on how you use your computer. If you are only using your computer for writing documents and browsing the internet, then the 5200 is a great card!

If you are wanting to play any of the newer 3D games, the 5200 is the bottom of the barrel. The lowest of the low. The scum on the bottom of shoes....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-fx-5200.41811/
Relevancy 52.89%

I just bought this card,after installing it it would run perfectly for about an hour,then the computer freezes,and in gameplay I get the weirdest lagg.I already uninstalled the old one which was a Geforce 5200.this card is suppose to help fix my freeze and lagg problems but it worsens it,any suggestions?Specs are-AMD 64 3400 processor,RAM 512mb,200gb harddrive 7200 rpm,Nvidia Geforce 6200 turbo cache

A:Nvidia Geforce 6200

Check for overheating.

Also check that your psu is putting out enough power for your system.

If it`s a cheap generic psu. It won`t be capable of putting out anywhere near it`s rated output. Even a good quality psu will only achieve around 70% efficiency.

Look at this psu wattage calculator HERE

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-6200.42216/
Relevancy 52.89%

hello.i have a laptop sony vaio VGN-AR61M.when i bought it it was running on windows vista.but i formated it and now i have windows 7 ultimate 32 bit.i cant find the drivers for my graphics card:nvidia geforce 8400m gt gpu.PLEASE HELP ME!

A:nvidia geforce 8400m gt gpu

Hi, welcome to the forums

You'll find what you need Here

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/151906-nvidia-geforce-8400m-gt-gpu.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Im buying a Gtx 460 for my new setup and wanted to know how good it really is I looked at a later Nvidia GTX 295 and it had some higher stats than the GTX but its an older GPU, sorry for sounding like a beginner but I want to make the right choice.
I getting one with Just cause 2 and Crysis, I used systemlab can you run it to see If I could at the moment, I have a very old Nvidia Geforce 6800 which runs the games at minimum. Thanks.

A:How good is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

GTX 460 is one of the best choices for mid-range graphics at the moment... a very good buy imo

if you have a little extra cash, you may want to look into the Radeon HD5850

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-good-is-a-nvidia-geforce-gtx-460.152799/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone, I recently added the Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT to my computer, it has 512mb of ram, the install went perfect, but whenever i play a game, in my case, world of warcraft. the monitor will turn black as if it wasnt picking up a display, after about 15 minutes into my game, sometimes shorter. the computer continues to run but nothing will show up on the screen, this is ONLY when i play games. never when browsing the net. Any help much appreciated. Oh may i add my computer is DUST FREE the psu is fine and the card runs at about 55C while gaming

A:Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

Hello there, just to be sure.

What are your PSU specs? and this may sound silly, but have you connected the power cables on the Video Card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/145709-nvidia-geforce-9600-gt.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys,

I got a new PC yesterday (well, for me it's new) but it has problem with the video card. Windows 10 isn't detecting the Display Driver, which is pretty bad because all my games are lagging because of this. When I start the computer, sometimes (not every time) Windows shows me an error saying "You must update your video BIOS for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 220". I know how to do it with nvflash, but the problem is I need a newer VBIOS with the same Subsystem ID (1462 1911) which I can't find anywhere. I found some in techpowerup.com but they're older than mine. If anyone can give me a newer VBIOS version with the same system number or knows another solution, please reply. But I'm guessing I'll have to buy a new one.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/58291-problem-nvidia-geforce-gt-220-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently formatted my hard drive and foolishly forgot to backup my drivers now I have no idea what Display Adapter Driver to download Here are my computer details before it said MB NVIDIA GEFORCE MX then Graphics accelerator said something different too I 2 GeForce problems nVIDIA downloaded from the website but I got this message when I tried to install nVIDIA GeForce 2 problems The Install shield Engine ikernel exe could not be launched The RPC server is unavailable Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer Computer Name HAL User Name Administrator Logon Domain nVIDIA GeForce 2 problems HAL Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium IIIE MHz x Motherboard Name Intel Easton D EEA PCI AGP DIMM Audio Video Motherboard Chipset Intel Solano i E System Memory MB PC SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce MX MX D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce MX MX Multimedia Audio Adapter nVIDIA GeForce 2 problems Creative SB PCI Ensoniq ES Sound Card Storage Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive QUANTUM FIREBALLlct GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive LG CD-RW CED- B x x x CD-RW Optical Drive SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD- x x DVD-ROM Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Primary IP Address Primary MAC Address - - - - - Network Adapter WAN PPP SLIP Interface Modem U S Robotics V Fax PCI Peripherals Printer Fax Printer HP DeskJet C thanks for any replies in advance nbsp