Windows Support Forum

Can't do complete system recovery, but I know the image is still there

Q: Can't do complete system recovery, but I know the image is still there

I have an ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1001PXD preloaded with Windows 7 Starter. I'm thinking it had an Aleureon(sp?) in the MBR, but I did some things to it a couple months ago, and Windows is booting up. It says it is connecting to the network in my house as "public", but won't get on the internet. It won't let me change the classification to "home". When I did whatever I did (can't remember what), It created a new partition (E) for recovery files. I want the laptop back in it's factory state with the recovery files in D like they're supposed to be. There is no CD or DVD drive as it is only a small laptop, but I may be able to transfer files/programs from my main desktop to it if it is indeed connected to the network. Thanks in advance, Bec

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't do complete system recovery, but I know the image is still there

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't do complete system recovery, but I know the image is still there

You can buy or borrow an external USB CD/DVD drive, to do the job for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-do-complete-system-recovery-but-i-know-the-image-is-still-there.177211/
Relevancy 72.67%

I am going to make a system image with gigabyte motherboard software and I want a checklist of everything I should do before I place the image on my recovery partition. I am guessing virus scan and probably a defrag, but what else should I do? And is it going to take the whole c: drive or just system files?

Thanks.

A:Complete prep for recovery image?

If you Image the HDD .. It'll backup everything.

What Software are you planning to use ??
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-drive-imaging-program.htm

I prefer Acronis .. The trail download is fully functional for 15 days ... Better Price.

Sometimes ... I turn off windows restore to reduce the image size.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/complete-prep-for-recovery-image.824944/
Relevancy 67.51%

How does a person create a complete image of a system. Not just a backup, where only files are copied, but a exact duplicate of the complete system.

I need to swap out some hard drives and other hardware, and I want to make sure it is as transparent as possible to the user the next day.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all I a backup image system complete Making for have several windows XP computers and am interested in making an exact clone of the hard drive that contans XP along with all Making a complete system image for backup the applications on an external hard drive as a backup However apparently Windows XP does not allow you to make a system image unless you have a floppy drive which none of these computers do After running the XP Backup utility which did create a bkf file on the target drive I received the error message that no floppy drive was found and that therefore the backup could not be completed This got me thinking about possible workarounds to create a system image My question Is there any reason why you cannot simply use the XCOPY command with the s e h switches to create a system disk as follows xcopy c destinationDrive s e h and then to make the This seems too simple given all the commercial products that are available to do this task so probably I am missing something I would appreciate the thoughts of experts here Thanks

A:Making a complete system image for backup

No, using XCOPY like that will not do what you want to do. I believe it is possible to do it using a complex method, for example as shown here:http://xpontology.host22.com/guidexcopy.htmAs you've observed, it's so simple to do with commercially developed software, some of which can be free to use, that no-one goes through the hassle of trying XCOPY these days. It was more feasible with older versions of Windows.I have Seagate drives in all my computers, so I use the Seagate DiskWizard, which is a feature restricted version of Acronis TrueImage available at no cost from the Seagate support website. Western Digital have an equivalent. Each just requires that there be one of the relevant manufacturer's drives in the computer system in order to function.There are also various freeware cloning and imaging applications.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344342/making-a-complete-system-image-for-backup/
Relevancy 66.65%

Not as simple as the title sounds Believe me To start I did a complete backup of my system a month ago I saved system from a restore complete Help with VHD files? image it on an external HD Help with a complete system image restore from VHD files? There are three directories Backup Date with two VHD files in this directory Catalog SPPMetadataCache and a file entitled MediaID Well about a week ago I was having a hard time logging on to the system I would get to the password and the system would not allow any keyboard entry and would not respond to Ctrl-Alt-Del After a few attempts to figurer out the problem I decided to do an image restore When attempting this through the Control Panel system repair disc and Windows Installation disc nothing worked because none of them recognized the VHD files I should add here that this is Windows Ultimate on a two Terabyte drive system in Raid array - Well I reformatted the drives so I now have drive C and D and have the absolute minimal installation of Windows Ult on the computer In doing some research I found that I could view the files with Windows Virtual Hard Drive and all the files are still there So this brings me to the question Can I and if I can how do I restore the original backup of one month ago to the system I have read that Windows Virtual Hard Drive has a limit of Gb so that might not work as the backup is Gb in size I have downloaded Virtual Box in case I need it My main concern is to return the system to original configuration sans the Raid array without having to re-install all the programs and reconfigure all of the ones I would have to install So why should I want to restore versus re-install I have folders and files that date back to and many programs that have been downloaded and modified on this system and just don't want to spend that kind of time So saying if you have the answer or can direct me to it I did a search without success on this specific problem I would very much appreciate it Don

A:Help with a complete system image restore from VHD files?

Hello Don, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you did a system image backup, then you should be able to do a system image recovery at boot to restore the image backup with the date you want.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/193570-help-complete-system-image-restore-vhd-files.html
Relevancy 66.65%

On my HP pavillion a510n, when I press f10 at the first screen it load the black and white HP invent screen, then goes to a blue screen and says the following in white:

STOP: c0000218 {REgistryFileFailure} \SystemRoot\system32\
config\SECURITY or its log or alternate. It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.

I really need to do a system recovery, I've done it many times with no problem. How can I fix this?
Thanks,

Ryan

A:Cant Complete system recovery

Please, don't start new threads for this issue- you were getting help in your original thread. Have you tried what was there that I posted?

It explained and had links to how HP System Recovery works, and troubleshooting Recovery. I'm closing this thread.

TSG Rules specify that you may not start multiple threads for the same issue. It confuses everyone concerned.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-complete-system-recovery.593286/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello Windows XP Home edition I have had Complete Recovery System Help please to do a complete system recovery using PC Complete System Recovery Help please Angel which was Complete System Recovery Help please installed on my pc when I bought it One of the drivers was out of date and although windows started up the screen went blank within seconds and could not do anything I rang the people where the pc came from Evesham and they asked me to carry out a few tasks which all failed including booting in safe mode and in vga mode - hence they asked me to hit the F key and start PC Angel It worked but what they did not tell me was that the computer has now wiped all my memorable photos which I have taken The hard drive was like new and all software I had downloaded has also vanished I can get the software again but is there any way I can get my photos back This is like losing them in a fire my pc was the only place they were stored and I feel like I have lost them forever any help would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Cheryl

A:Complete System Recovery Help please

www.dtidata.com

Try their Recover It All package. I have had very good luck with this.

You will need a second drive to recover to (an external drive will work just fine).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/complete-system-recovery-help-please-165231.html
Relevancy 66.65%

After installing partition magic the system restarted and then went right into system
recovery. The system recovery will not finish or cannot finish. Is there anyway to bypass
the system recovery feature? You can boot up using the partition magic boot disk and
this is what is showing: *HP_Recovery FAT32 set as Active and Primary, *HP_Pavillion
Hidden NTFS set as Hidden and Primary, *(blank field) Unallocated set as None and
Primary. Can you set the Hidden partition as Active and will it boot into XP?
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Relevancy 66.65%

hello!

due to a massive usb port failure it seems all roads lead to a system recovery...

running xp sp2 on a sony vaio desktop pc.

we have recovery disks we made when we bought the computer

is that what we use? any advice, any at all is welcome. we did buy an external HD and have backed up all documents files...anything else we should back up?

will running the recovery utility be fairly self explanatory? any major risks that we can take steps to avoid?

thanks so much!
blue

A:need to complete a system recovery, but not alone!

I looked at your other post, and I don't know that a complete restore is the answer. If the ports have indeed been killed hardware-wise, you're wasting your time.

I suggest some diagnosis before you restore to extreme measures.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-complete-a-system-recovery-but-not-alone.612234/
Relevancy 66.22%

I've been dual-booting Windows 8 Pro and Windows 7 Ultimate, but a while back my Windows 8 kind of went "South" and wouldn't boot at all (I got an error message that a device was "not attached"). I have a recent system image on an external USB hard drive, but when I boot to "system recovery" using my repair disk it can't seem to find my USB drive at all.

The tutorials here mention installing a SATA driver to access disks that are not recognized, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

A:System Image Recovery can't find Image on USB Drive

Hello Philppo,

Double check to make sure that your BIOS or UEFI settings are set to be able to read from USB drives at boot.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/21695-system-image-recovery-cant-find-image-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My grandson has a inch HP doing will complete Solved: recovery, be a system have ?s laptop running Windows It is full of malware viruses runs slow popups all over the place and on and on Processor AMD A - M APU with Radion HD Graphics GHZ ------- RAM GB GB usable ----------- System Type -bit OS x -based processor In the quot System Settings quot the computer offers two options Refresh your PC without affecting your photos music videos and personal files Remove everything and re-install windows I m leaning towards option I realize I will lose everything and it will book up just as it was when he took it out of the box He is okay with that and doesn t have anything on it Solved: will be doing a complete system recovery, have ?s that he needs or that is important After the computer wipes everything out and re-installs the OS and boots back up I will need to set everything up again as if it where the first time I do not have any OS Installation CDs so I guess it must have a recovery drive that has everything it needs to restore the computer to its original factory settings QUESTION I do have the Windows Activation Product ID number in case it asks for that Anything else that I need that the set up might need or ask for nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I have an HP 64bit desktop running Win7. I ran System Recovery from a partition and it ran through the entire first stage fine. THen it restarts windows to go through more setup which runs. fine.

After that, it fails. I see the Windows splash screen, but then the screen goes completely dark. I've tried restarting the PC in safe mode, but it says that system recovery can not be completed in safe mode.

I can't seem to get to a desktop at all. I've rerun SR three times using F11 and always the same result. What should I do?

Thanks!

A:System Recovery doesn't complete

Have you tried using the HP Recovery Disk.

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/316060-system-recovery-doesnt-complete.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L - XD with Windows which is just or months old Yesterday when I turned it on my user profile had effectively broken - it just couldn't be help System - not urgent recovery needed! complete will loaded I took it in to the IT System recovery will not complete - urgent help needed! service at my university and he helped me to apply the recommended fix for this from Microsoft but it didn't fully work and Windows was now full of bugs So I then ran the system recovery discs that I made when I first got the laptop but something's gone wrong - it went through the whole process but as it tries to set Windows up for first-time use it suddenly shuts down and reboots This process just keeps on repeating I tried shutting it down for a few minutes by using the power button to see if that would change anything but when I turned it on again it still kept doing the same thing Does anyone know what I should do next I can do basic admin tasks on a computer but this is way out of my area of knowledge I'm in the final stages of writing a thesis which is overdue and am desperate to fix this immediately - any help much appreciated

A:System recovery will not complete - urgent help needed!

Wait - now it seems to have started working! I turned it off and left it for about 10 minutes this time - no idea if that's somehow reset something but it looks like it might be ok now. I'd still love to hear about if anyone can tell me if this is a known bug or what I should do if it comes back though...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/108595-system-recovery-will-not-complete-urgent-help-needed.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I turn my machine on and it goes through all the normal screens, then it says starting vaio system recovery. It starts with the loading and finishes, screen goes dark, and it seems like it is about to start with the recovery process, but just light blue box, not quite the size of the monitor. The mouse arrow is there and the hour glass starts to turn, the hard drive is lighting up and then nothing, just the light blue screen. I have tried with the recovery DVD and without it, just from the hard drive. I just want this to get back to the way it was out of the box. No data loss issues. Please help

A:trying a complete system recovery for sony pcv-v300g,

your recovery DVD should try to run if you bios has the dvd rom set as the first in the boot order.. once that is set to first boot .then when you boot the pc with the dvd in the drive...at boot up you should get a message that says hit any key to boot from DVD... if you are not seeing this message at boot up then the BIOS is not set correctly to attempt to boot from the DVD drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trying-a-complete-system-recovery-for-sony-pcv-v300g-498375.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi guys

My HP G62's discrete graphic is damaged, and I've been using it depending on integrated graphics only for a while as I disabled the external graphics driver. Unfortunately I had to conduct a "system recovery", yet because the discrete graphics is not working properly, I am stuck at "starting windows" screen. When I choose "safe mood" or "safe mood and network", a message pops up that the installation can't be completed.
I tried to disable the graphics card through the BIOS menu, but I couldn't locate such option.

Any suggestions?

A:system recovery won't complete because of graphic error

Does your Laptop use switchable graphics and what card is the discrete card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/344775-system-recovery-wont-complete-because-graphic-error.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I had to do a quot destructive Complete Problems System Have Recovery/restore,now quot system restore Well all goes well I can connect to the internet I have sbc DSL i use a wire home portal to connect I was connecting using the ethernet connection on my computer but after this recovery i am finding issues everything is fine it would seem untill i install all the windows critical updates which because the computer was restore to its natural state there are of them to do The installation goes fine until i restart my computer then when it starts back up i find i am Complete System Recovery/restore,now Have Problems unable to connect to the internet i haven even tried reinstalling the internet software afterthat but it tells me i am not connected to the portal but i am I ave used the system recover now times in the past hours i am online now becaue i have no critical updates on my computer does anyone know what kind of problem i may be having I have windows xp running a hp pavillion nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

This dv laptop had a bad hard drive so I put a new hard drive in and ran the HP system recovery from the discs I had to order from HP The recovery goes through the hours-long process of installing software and rebooting then at what HP won't complete dv6700 recovery laptop system seems the end I get a quot Recovery Failed quot message and this file comes up I have tried the recovery three times and twice I got this message the other time I got a blue screen at the end when windows was trying to boot I HP dv6700 laptop won't complete system recovery don't understand how it can successfully run for hours like that rebooting multiple times with no issues then say the recovery has failed If you look toward the end of the log below there are several failures but I don't know what to make of them Thanks for your help dbhershy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PREINCHK LOG is used to merge all the ISLOGCHK LOG and the REGDEV LOG files of all the languages processed during FPP NOTE If there are any errors FAILED found and logged below please include submit all the files under quot C SYSTEM SAV LOGS quot directory for investigations ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SKU Number - Image Revision Language Processed US Model Name HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC Brand Type Brand Description PAVILION SMBIOS SKUNumber KN UA ABA SKU amp Models Region Check PASS ISLogFilesChecked LogFile C SWSETUP MVEDV SETUP LOG gt PASSED LogFile C SWSETUP CYBERDVD STAGE SETUP LOG gt PASSED ISLogCheck RESULT PASSED CDCAppsChecked CDCApp HPEasySetup gt PASSED CDCApp Symantec gt PASSED CDCApp MMFLASH gt PASSED CDCApp MS Works gt PASSED CDCApp HP Photosmart Premiere gt PASSED CDCApp HPAdvisor gt PASSED CDCApp HPDocViewer gt PASSED CDCApp HPASL gt PASSED CDCApp HPWirelessAssistant gt PASSED CDCApp SUN JAVA gt PASSED CDCCheck RESULT PASSED TimeOutLinesFound TimedOut WARNING- -Timeout with setup exe TimeOutCheck RESULT FAILED DMPFileCheck RESULT PASSED BadDataLinesFound FBI was terminated in INSTALL LOG at line gt quot PROCESS INFORMATION END quot BadDataCheck RESULT FAILED RegistryDevicesCheck Result IGNORED PHASE FailedDevices FAILED DEVICE Description quot Unknown Device quot Registry Key quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Enum ACPI HPQ amp cde amp quot FAILED DEVICE Description quot system drivers pci sys Base System Device quot Registry Key quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS CC C amp REV amp a amp amp BF quot FAILED DEVICE Description quot system drivers pci sys Base System Device quot Registry Key quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS CC C amp REV amp a amp amp AF quot FAILED DEVICE Description quot system drivers pci sys Base System Device quot Registry Key quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS CC C amp REV amp a amp amp CF quot FAILED DEVICE Description quot system drivers pci sys Network Controller quot Registry Key quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Enum PCI VEN E amp DEV amp SUBSYS C C amp REV amp b af amp amp E quot FAILED DEVICE Description quot system drivers pci sys Video Controller quot Registry Key quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Enum PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS CC C amp REV C amp e b amp amp quot ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PREINCHK LOG is used to merge all the ISLOGCHK LOG and the REGDEV LOG files of all the languages processed during FPP NOTE If there are any errors FAILED found and logged below please include submit all the files under quot C SYSTEM SAV LOGS quot directory for investigations -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------... Read more

A:HP dv6700 laptop won't complete system recovery

Hi,

Have you run through any of these options?

HP Notebook PCs - Recover Windows Vista Operating System Using HP Recovery - c00809678 - HP Business Support Center

HP Notebook PCs - FAQ On Repairing Or Reinstalling The Operating System - c01883653 - HP Business Support Center

HP Notebook PCs - Recover Windows Vista Operating System Using HP Recovery - c00809678 - HP Business Support Center

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/287418-hp-dv6700-laptop-wont-complete-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 65.36%

It's that time again. I received this laptop which has major problems. I need to do a system recovery, and I don't have any recovery software. I'd really appreciate if you could show me how to do this. Thanks.

A:Complete System Recovery for Sony Vaio

You don't give the model number but normally you press assist button on boot up go get to recovery partition

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/127076-complete-system-recovery-sony-vaio.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I experienced a serious problem over the weekend that is forcing me to restore my system using the Win bit Home Premium quot System Image Recovery quot tool I ll cut to it system? volumes Does or all just the in the System system volume - Image Recovery recover the chase because I cannot unfortunately access System Image Recovery - Does it recover just the system volume or all volumes in the system? any of my system restore points nor is startup repair working My computer has different hard drives On the c drive I only keep the Win OS and my various programs All my other files and data are stored in the other HD s my data only hard drives On one of these HD s I have a System Image from about months ago I would like to restore this image using the Win quot System Image Recovery quot tool However there are various other files and data on this HD in addition to the System Image I would like to restore If I use the Win quot System Image Recovery quot tool will it only restore my c drive which is what I want or will it restore all HD s to their original state from months ago I plan on unplugging all of the HD s during the restore process except the c drive and the backup drive containing the image However I do not want to lose any newer files on the backup drive containing the System Image Will I be able to restore my c drive using quot System Image Recovery quot without losing any new files data on my backup drive containing the recovery image

A:System Image Recovery - Does it recover just the system volume or all volumes in the system?

It will only restore the drive that the image was taken from.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/309309/system-image-recovery-does-it-recover-just-the-system-volume-or-all-volumes-in-the-system/
Relevancy 64.5%

Okay I have a Gateway FX series pc with Vista bit I just recently had to do a complete system recovery which went fine no problem I then proceeded to restore my files via Seagate unwanted Need a recovery...... images after deleting complete help doing system external hard drive and Need help deleting unwanted images after doing a complete system recovery...... that's where the problem lies My files yes are there albeit a mess in no particular folder However what I found were thousand upon thousands of unwanted images that are parts of games logos arrows etc crazy stuff It's as if the programs had been dissected into a 'parts is parts' smorgasbord I have literally spent the past few days deleting over images and still going They were placed in Windows Photo Gallery as well as my 'program files' Even the 'printer' copy image magnifying glass image 'exclamation' icon yellow pages icons As far as the games go there are weapons both in color and bk wht backgrounds clothes hair eyes face bodies then there are templates that looks to be from Microsoft Office Just every image possible Not quite what I had in mind when doing a backup LOL The question I have is this First off there are still approx images where I have been 'denied permission' to delete Why I am the sole person using the computer and no password has been set Also I turned the 'user account control' off to make deleting easier So why can't I delete these and is there a way around it Second question any idea what caused this And what should I do to prevent this in the future I did submit this problem to Seagate a little while ago but haven't heard any thing yet Just trying to figure out what the heck is going on Are there better ways to do a back up which won't allow this crap to happen Thanks in advance for any help or advice Squirt P S Here is just a few of the images that I'm not 'allowed' to delete or drag And yes I checked my games to make sure they are running okay

A:Need help deleting unwanted images after doing a complete system recovery......

Most likely you have copied the whole hard drive including the Windows Vista OS to the seagate external. The Windows files are not easily removed as they are protected. Its like making an internal drive with windows files and turning converting to external drive and trying to delete Windows but get access denied. Try this http://www.snapfiles.com/get/fileassassin.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488401/need-help-deleting-unwanted-images-after-doing-a-complete-system-recovery/
Relevancy 64.5%

hello there.. my acer aspire one cannot come out from system recovery and complete the process... there is a messages pop-out that is "windows could not complete the installation.to install windows in this computer,restart the installation" so i hit enter\ok... then the same problem still popout... and remain in that state over and over again..i try(F2 then F8) Advance Boot option to start my computer normally hoping that the installation to stop and start as previously.. but all the option that i try still continue the installation... what should i do??

CPU TYPE : INTEL(R) Atom(tm) CPU N570 @1.66GHZ
IM USING WINDOW 7 STARTER

A:Solved: cer aspire one cannot come out from system recovery and complete the process

Hi, the inbuilt recovery option does not always work correctly.
You may need to use the recovery Cd from Acer.
Acer Support.
http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.aspx

Check - 'Accessory Store
Accessories, and eRecovery CD's for your Acer product'.

If this is a Netbook with no Cd drive.- you will need an External USB Cd drive, similar to the one shown here.
External USB DVD Drive.
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/external-drives/714_7571_70704_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cer-aspire-one-cannot-come-out-from-system-recovery-and-complete-the-process.1075758/
Relevancy 64.5%

I HOPE THIS ISN T TO STUPID THIS IS THE FIRST TIME POSTING IN A FORUM MY YR OLD COMPUTER WIZ SON AND ME HAVE BEEN LEARN ADVANCED WINDOWS I SINCE BACK LAST Seem Same Reimage To Recovery One Return After or To The Policies Of Complete Set A System ? FEB WHEN I GOT ZEROACCESS ROOT-KIT I MADE IT MY GOALTO LEARN MORE AND I MEAN EVERYTHING ON THE ADVANCED SYSTEM AND SECURITY OF WINDOWS SO I M LEARNING AND HAVE LEARNED A LOT BUT GOT A LOT TO GO SOIF SOME ONE COULD HELP ME OUT WITH THIS PROBLEM I RECOVER OR RE-IMAGE AND IT GOES REALLY System Seem To Return To One Set Of The Same Policies After A Recovery or Complete Reimage ? GOOD FOR A WHILE THEN THE SYSTEM DEGRADES REAL QUICK I GETHIGH CPU AND FREEZE OUT BROWSER AND WINDOWS STOPS RESPONDING AND WANTS RESTART ORWAIT OR END ITS PROCESS SO I NOT SURE WHY THIS IS HAPPENING WHAT IS THIS LOG FILE TEXT FOUND Inject LP I know its a log written to the shell command or by about current dir There is more to it but I System Seem To Return To One Set Of The Same Policies After A Recovery or Complete Reimage ? didn t want to post the System Seem To Return To One Set Of The Same Policies After A Recovery or Complete Reimage ? whole thing because it s really long and unneeded This basic info should help If someone knows what quot MICROSOFT quot or this Trusted-installer is up to this much should tell you enough Please Comment THANKS STILL IN WINDOWS ADVANCED TRAINING Moss COUNTRY STRONG lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt - - Info DISM PID Temporarily setting the scratch directory This may be overridden by user later - CDISMManager FinalConstruct - - Info DISM PID Scratch directory set to X windows TEMP - CDISMManager put ScratchDir - - Info DISM PID Scratch directory set to n Windows LP LangTemp - CDISMManager put ScratchDir - - Info DISM PID Local image session has not been created creating now - CDISMManager CreateLocalImageSession - - Info DISM PID Attempting to load the Dism stack from quot X windows System Dism quot - CDISMManager LoadImageSession - - Info DISM PID Successfully loaded the ImageSession at quot X windows System Dism quot - CDISMManager LoadImageSession - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID Found and Initialized the DISM Logger - CDISMProviderStore Internal InitializeLogger - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID The requested provider was not found in the Provider Store - CDISMProviderStore Internal GetProvider hr x - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID Failed to get and initialize the PE Provider Continuing by assuming that it is not a WinPE image - CDISMProviderStore Final OnConnect - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID Finished initializing the Provider Map - CDISMProviderStore Final OnConnect - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID Getting Provider DISMLogger - CDISMProviderStore GetProvider - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID Provider has previously been initialized Returning the existing instance - CDISMProviderStore Internal GetProvider - - Info DISM DISM Image Session PID Obtained the local logger instance Configured the local session to use it - CDISMImageSession get ProviderStore - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID Getting Provider DISMLogger - CDISMProviderStore GetProvider - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID Provider has previously been initialized Returning the existing instance - CDISMProviderStore Internal GetProvider - - Info DISM DISM Manager PID Successfully created the local image session and provider store - CDISMManager CreateLocalImageSession - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID Getting Provider DISMLog... Read more

A:System Seem To Return To One Set Of The Same Policies After A Recovery or Complete Reimage ?

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477150/system-seem-to-return-to-one-set-of-the-same-policies-after-a-recovery-or-complete-reimage/
Relevancy 64.07%

After HP hard drive failure, HP sent and I installed/activated the replacement hard disk, up to a Factory Install (Win 7, 64-bit).  But my efforts to restore to my System Image backup are blocked.  I managed to reach the Windows System Recovery Options panel, from where I select System Image Recovery, which successfully detects the external System Image that I previously backed up, but when I select Next to continue with the recovery, I am blocked by a message indicating that the System Image Recovery requires reformatting the disk where the Recovery Environment is running -- restart.  But neither restarting, nor HP Recovery, nor Windows Recovery, nor booting from the HP-created Windows Repair disc, nor booting from the HP-provided System Recovery discs allow me to restore from my System Image backup.   In desperation, I then formatted the C: drive, but a reboot simply re-installed the Factory image from drive D: (HP Recovery drive).

A:HP Recovery seems to block my Recovery from System Image

Hi @20pcAdmin, Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having some trouble restoring from the back you made of your data. I am happy to assist with this. Does the hard drive you are restoring to have enough free space to restore the entire back up?Are you restoring to an empty folder? Also review the following, but I am sure you are following it properly. HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 7)  If not try to follow the process and see if there is any change. Otherwise you may need to contact phone support. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-seems-to-block-my-Recovery-from-System-Image/td-p/5593840
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Gateway GT desktop computer purchased in late Recently the computer has had problems with connecting to a wireless network and we thought buying a new wireless USB adapter would fix the problem Instead we found that the entire Network Connections Recovery reboot not will (continuous System complete Gateway loop) service had been Gateway will not complete System Recovery (continuous reboot loop) wiped out and trying to access Services msc through Run would yield an quot MMC could not create the snap-in quot error I have tried to fix Gateway will not complete System Recovery (continuous reboot loop) this specific problem exclusively but could not find a solution So considering that the computer has not been completely restored once in years and has seen it's fair share of viruses malware and a lot of software installations we decided a clean factory restore would help sort things out We came across these issues when trying to attempt a restore First we tried a System Restore to a previous time where we saw less problems It ended up being incomplete and no changes were made to the system Second we found the original Gateway Recovery Disk and inserted it and followed the directions While rebooting we were able to press R and then when it says quot Preparing System Recovery Options quot it seems it's about to load but then suddenly reboots right after we see a Gateway loading screen making it an infinite loop if we keep trying to press R We then created disks from the Gateway Recovery utility on the computer They all burned fine but the same issue above happened as with the original Gateway Recovery Disk We tried to use the System Recovery option on the Gateway utility to also be confronted with the same reboot loop We've followed these instructions Laptop Recovery Instructions including the Alt F instructions and these as well How to Factory Restore your Computer But we never are able to reach step where we choose between a destructive or backed up system restore due to the reboot loop What are our options Is the computer messed up to the point where it's not salvageable

A:Gateway will not complete System Recovery (continuous reboot loop)

It sounds like your HDD may have some issues.
Download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature. Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the drive. If either tests fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/gateway-will-not-complete-system-recovery-continuous-reboot-loop-701584.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello folks. I have a book that says before performing a System Image Recovery I have to put in my Windows 7 disc and totally re-install Windows 7 before even beginning the Restore function mentioned in your tutorial. Is this necessary?

A:System Image Recovery

Hello Templar,

That would only be if you wanted to do a system image recovery using step 1 in the tutorial below instead of using step 2 to boot to "System Recovery Options" with your Windows 7 installation disc.

System Image Recovery

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/111678-system-image-recovery.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I put a from System image Recovery system image System Recovery from image on a MY Book System Recovery from image external hard drive and made a recovery DVD boot disk after installing MSW upgrade from Visita When I made the image I had a three Seagate hard drive RAID configuration Everything operated normally for a month until two of the Seagates crashed at the same time I replaced all three of the Seagate drives with the WD Caviar drives and configured them in a RAID I partioned and formated the RAID by reloading MSw from the orignial installation disk Then tried to restore the system from the system image I have on the external hard drive and the boot DVD and recieved quot No Disk that can be used for recovering the system disk can be found quot Under quot detials quot it gave the X error massage After trying several times and getting the X error message each time I went to the command promt and used the LIST DISK command under DISKPART to show the disks It listed the RAID as DISK with GB of space free nothing under DYN and GPT It was at this point I decided I need some help

A:System Recovery from image

Find the Windows Image Backup file on that HD and put it on an external or your new primary HD to be detected by the imaging utility.

This is just one of the problems that result from RAID arrays in Win7. Put it back together enough to get that backup file off, then leave the dated RAID behind.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/54333-system-recovery-image.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Sorry for the dumb question, but we just got a new computer with 8.1 and did a system image on an external hd.  Now I'm making a recovery drive on a usb flash.  Is copying the entire recovery partition onto the usb necessary if I already have the image, or is having that partition on a usb recommended?  If so I'm gonna need a much larger usb drive.  I guess I'm confused about the difference between the practical uses of a system image vs a recovery drive.  Thanks  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524915/system-image-vs-recovery/
Relevancy 61.06%

I replaced my HDD and booted up from a repair disc windows 7 64-bit. I get to the System Recovery Options window and select System Image Recovery but my pc can't find the WindowsSystemImage folder on my USB external hard drive. It's as if the External
HDD is not there. Any help would sure be appreciated. Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d6a1fcd2-f4ea-4b95-8612-4d50fd688dec/system-image-recovery?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 61.06%

I can see that there is a lifetime of information about recovery images so this has probably been covered.

I have my system set up and running exactly the way I want it. Can I create a system Image on a set of disks that will recover/restore/re-do my system right back to the way it is? Given an epic failure, beyond repairable, is there a way to image my setup so that i can basically reformat my drive with a system that is identical to the way it is now. I don't care about data files, just program files and system settings.

If easier, just refer a link if this has already been covered in another thread.

Thanks

A:System Recovery Image

Hello Evols, welcome to Seven Forums!

Have a look at this excellent, free imaging program at the link below and be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

Imaging with free Macrium

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/142718-system-recovery-image.html
Relevancy 61.06%

PC Intel i7 920, 6 GB RAM, Win 7 Pro, Micron SSD system drive

I am experiencing randon boot drive failures on startup. This morning it took about 8 restarts to get my PC to boot up from the hard drive, a 256 GB Micron SSD.

I used the Win 7 built in backup feature and have the system drive image backed up in a couple of places. I also have the Original Win 7 Pro install discs.

So I just wanted to check with you guys on my approach. I was thinking to get a new system drive, boot from the install disc then recover the image to it. Is it really that easy? Anything else I need to consider?

Or maybe is there a way to test and repair the existing system SSD? Is this something checkdisc might be able to repair?

A:recovery from system image

If you have an entire backup drive, then just go ahead and boot from that, see if that solves the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovery-from-system-image-987305.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Dell XPS 17 laptop that has dual drives - c & d.  The c drive crashed and was replaced by dell.  We are now trying to do a system image recovery from the d drive.  We are following How to do a System Image Recovery in Window7 from seven forums.com    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/675-system-image-recovery.html
After Selecting the System Image from the D Drive (STEP TWO, # 5 and 6), the computer prompts to create a repair disk.  The only way to move forward is to create or not create the disk.  In either case, it then has you restart the machine, takes you through the process again....  Step 5/6....  Never gets to Step 7 to actually DO the System Recover! 
What am I missing.  We have been at this for over 2 weeks and any help would be much appreciated!

A:System Image Recovery

HI,

The only thing I can think of is that, hopefully, Dell designed the recovery drive against the possibility that the C: drive might be scrambled / formatted / replaced and it should be bootable. Have you tried setting your BIOS to boot from the D: drive ?  If you haven't, it might be worth a shot.

To do this you need to catch the computer at the BIOS screen, ie just after you have started it up. Usually, to get to the BIOS commands you press either the 'Delete' key or the F2 key a couple of times while the initial screen is showing. This will take you into the BIOS set-up. Using the Left - Right arrow keys move along to the heading 'Boot' and you should find that the existing sequence is :  1st device - CD/DVD; 2nd device - HDD 1, and it should also list your second 'D:' drive. Using the up / down arrow keys, select the D: drive and use whatever instructions are given in the panel on the right to move this D: drive into second place. Usually you do this with the + and - keys. Once you have this drive as second in the sequence, press the 'Escape' key to exit. You will be presented with some choices, choose the one that says 'Save changes and exit'. The computer will now restart itself, and, hopefully, try to boot from 'D:'.

When - or if - it does, you should come to a screen that says 'Repair'. Choose 'Advanced repair / recovery' and you should then be presented with options which will include re-installing from a recovery partition or drive. Choose 're-install', and it should go and re-install the 'C:' drive to the factory defaults.

If this works as outlined above, you will probably find a lot of unnecessary software has been installed, and you will have all your updates to do for everything from the original build date, plus re-installing all your own software. This is a bucket load of unwanted work, but, if you get this far, you will at least have a working computer !

If it doesn't work, and as I said, my only recent experience of doing this is on a Sony Vaio, then it is probably time to contact Dell and see what they have to say.

Good luck,

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486309/system-image-recovery/
Relevancy 61.06%

Can someone concisely explain the difference between creating a system image versus a system recovery disc?

Recently in our office a colleague's computer had a "meltdown". I will create another thread with questions concerning that. I understand that it depends on what causes the "meltdown" but I would like to know the best method in which to "fix" these problems in the future.

Any information would be greatly appreciated... thanks!!!

A:System Image vs. System Recovery Disc

A "system image" created by a disk backup program such as Macrium Reflect, Acronis True Image (and similar) will allow creating a full hard drive backup (all partitions if there are partitions) to a separate hard drive. With this method (what I use with Macrium Reflect) it will allow restoring the complete hard drive back to how it was when the last backup was created. This includes everything, the Operating System and installed programs and all user data.

Windows has a built in backup but its not as robust or full featured as 3rd party backup programs.

A "System Recovery" disc, in most cases (all that I've seen) will restore the PC to the original factory condition, but does not restore user installed programs or user data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/314615-system-image-vs-system-recovery-disc.html
Relevancy 60.63%
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all, have a small question - at present I have windows 7 on 1 drive (a), old xp on another drive (b) which has 2 partions and a 3 rd drive (c) in an esata bay. I have backed up windows 7 from drive (a) onto the external drive (c). I want to install windows 7 over the xp installation (b) with 2 partions. I have looked at the tutorial here but it does not mention during the recovery will I have an option to install to c drive on (a 2 partitions) and keep intact the second partion on the same drive.

Hope this makes sense, thanks

Ranger

Relevancy 60.63%

I am trying to get a handle on how these 2 functions are related. I assume the Recovery disk would be needed if you can't boot to the computer (assume the OS needs to be present) and does the Recovery disk replace the boot files that may be damaged and then after you get booted up I assume the System Image (is that is referred to as a "backup")?? would be ran to get the computer back to the working order when the Image was taken. Assume that the Recovery disk would take place of the OS installation disk if it were not available and you couldn't just reinstall the OS and so you could load the Image.

A:Recovery Disk and System Image

Hello Jackman33,

Here's how it works on Windows 8:

Once you use the Win 7 Recovery Option to create a System Image, you have three ways to restore that image if required:

The first method is to create a Rescue Disk which is done as the last step of the System Image creation process or on demand.
The second method is to create a USB Recovery Drive on demand.
The third method is to use your original installation DVD and select the repair option.

All 3 of the above methods are invoked at boot by selecting the BIOS boot menu from the splash screen and then selecting the proper boot device (eg, DVD or USB). It is also important to note that you select the proper boot option that matches your installation configuration (UEFI or Legacy installation). So, if you want to use, let's say, the installation DVD, you might have two options that look something like this:

Boot from:
CD/DVD (Legacy)
UEFI CD/DVD

However, I would recommend that you skip all the above and make a quick migration to a free 3rd-party System Imaging software because the steps are slightly changed in Windows 8.1 and, in some rare cases, the rebranded System Imaging function doesn't even work properly.

Latest Win 8.1 ISO "Breaks" System Image Functionality

I personally use Macrium Reflect free and highly recommend it:

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

Good luck with your decision on this issue.

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/33907-recovery-disk-system-image.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi. I am a new user of a forum. I registered cause I need help.
I need to restore my computer which was bought in Dubai one year ago. The problem is that I cannot find installation CDs, anything. I wanted to make a System Image Recovery copy to my external disk, but the process is way to slow. I believe that I cannot make any progress on making copy so I need an advice how to proceed.
Is any other option how to do a restore or how to get the system image recovery?
I am not a programmer or extraordinary IT expert, but I can manage all my machines just fine.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanx so far.

A:System Image Recovery for Win 7 PROBLEM!!!

Welcome to the Seven Forums, Ninchie.

One way would be to download an ISO image of your version of Windows 7 from Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River ? My Digital Life and burn it to a Windows 7 Installer DVD and reinstall Windows.

You might have to use the "eicfg Removal Utility" in case your version is Windows 7, Home Basic 64-bit.

To activate you can use your existing Product Key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/229852-system-image-recovery-win-7-problem.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My system disk has crashed and I have bought a replacement. However when I try to use system image recovery to restore onto the new disk I get a message .. No disk that can be used for recovering the system disk can be found ... Diskpart lists the new disk as online. Do I have to manually set this disk as a system disk before trying the restore? Any help greatly appreciated.

A:Having problem with system image recovery

Hello and welcome Brocky just a stab in the dark mate but have you tried clicking on Properties for that drive in Device Manager and does it tell you if it is working properly or not?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/280320-having-problem-system-image-recovery.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Replaced my HD and used my Win Image BU, but Win will not start. I get the Dell screen that says Windows is loading, but then it is a blank screen.
I did a second restore with same outcome.
I followed System Image Recovery exactly, but cannot get that last screen to restore files
I have booted from USB and from the boot disc - same results.

A:Win 7 not starting after system image recovery

Hello Papagei and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm guessing you used the native Windows 7 imaging tool to create your system image. Couple of thoughts come to mind. Did you create/save the system image using disks or an external USB hard drive? The worst case scenario is the system image was corrupted or did not get created properly. If that's the situation it's unlikely that you'll be able to use that system image. Perhaps some other more knowledgeable Forum member will jump in with ideas on how to get the image to work.

Is the replacement hard drive the same size (or larger) as the original hard drive? If smaller the image won't work. It's also possible that the replacement hard drive is defective in some way.

Did you replace the original hard drive because it was failing? Or just to move to a larger hard drive? Or perhaps upgrade to a SSD? If the original hard drive is still working you may want to reinstall it and use a different imaging program like Marcrium Free.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/272286-win-7-not-starting-after-system-image-recovery.html
Relevancy 60.63%

So I made one because my PC had made my disk to Dynamic.
Not sure how to convert them back.

I formatted my hard drive and put back restored windows 8.
Now my problem is that I thought it would reset my hard drive partitions.
I have 520gbs windows 8(used 398gbs)
100gb mac(empty)
50gb Ubuntu(empty)

Windows,mac, & Ubuntu.

Now my question,how does the recovery image work?
The image is 398gbs,so shouldn't it take up 398gbs?

I wanted to have the image put back,but only as 1 partition.

So now if install mac and Ubuntu. Will I lose all my hard drive space/partitions once I restore my OS image?
I thought I should be able to select where to restore the image to.
So I can have a partition with enough space for it,but not screw/format the rest of my partitions with other OS's on it.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/26727-system-recovery-image-question.html
Relevancy 60.63%

So here is my a SSD with Complications image recovery new onto system deal Pre-hard drive change I had three drives C operating system gb SSD d data drive TB HDD f Complications with system image recovery onto a new SSD data drive gb SSD I planned to change out the c drive with a larger ssd drive and merge the data from the f drive to the new c drive I created an image and stored on an external drive as well as the internal d drive I then swapped out the c drive with the new ssd drive and loaded the image onto it It worked well and the computer was functioning properly Knowing that everything was working fine I needed to destroy the data on the original c ssd drive as well as the f drive so I deleted the data on the f drive using command prompt and started it on the original c drive but for some reason did not complete the process Now I can no longer re-boot back into windows on the new ssd drive I think where it got screwed up was because I had saved material from the c drive and g partition and the f drive onto the image but now I no longer have the f drive installed When I go into my windows repair disk it doesn t want to repair the drive to make it work nor does it allow me to use the saved image potentially because it is searching for the f drive which is not there The error message element not found x system image occurs when I attempt to install the system image When I go to do the system image recovery it says that it will restore material on the c g reserved partition and f drives The thing is none of the drives that I have connected have those drive labels any longer because they are re-assigned a new label because I have un-plugged and re-connected them Could this be the problem If so can I change the drive labels in command prompt The other thing is that the computer is not even reading finding the f drive the I had wiped clean Is there a step that I have to do for it to locate find it Any help would be much appreciated I probably should not have been playing with this myself in the first place as I have little computer experience I should have paid to have it done at a computer shop Thanks

A:Complications with system image recovery onto a new SSD

Hmm, that does not sound good. Looks like you lost your bootmgr. What program did you use for imaging/restore?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/222340-complications-system-image-recovery-onto-new-ssd.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys, just wondered if someone could help me with this?

I moved around some of my partitions after creating a system image.

When I tried to do the restore to my old layout I got this error message:

I have to say I never used to get this error before when I moved my partitions around. It just used to come up with a menu asking me if I wanted to format and repartition my disks to match the system image. And had a checkbox I could select.

Anyone know what may be causing this?

A:System Image Recovery Error.

Create a Systym Repair Disk and try it.
Worth a try..

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/213008-system-image-recovery-error.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

I am trying to do a system image recovery on my windows 10. windows identify my system image back up but it asks me to windows installation disc or a system repair disc. (which I dont have)
When I try to create a system repair disc it gives following error message

SYSTEM REPAIR DISC COULD NOT BE CREATED
The system can not find the file specified. (0x800700002)
How to solve this issue?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/48698-system-image-recovery-error.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am trying to replace my current system GB hard drive with a smaller GB crucial SSD and I am getting an error see attached when I try to restore the image to the new SSD I am not sure where to to System Issues Image SSD Recovery new go from here To give a little background I shrunk the volume of my GB partition to GB to avoid System Image Recovery to new SSD Issues issues with an image recovery to a smaller hard drive I also created a GB partition on my Seagate TB external drive that I used to create the system image I used the built in quot Windows file recovery quot tool to create the image on the external drive and also to create the bootable recovery cd When I restored the System Image Recovery to new SSD Issues image everything went exactly as planned until it failed in Step after clicking quot finish quot shown in the tutorial I found on this forum System Image Recovery - Restore Image on Computer in Windows Here is the error message I get After doing some research this is the same error people are getting from trying to restore an image to a smaller hard drive however I repartitioned the drive prior so the image should be smaller than the new hard drive so I'm confused as to why that would be the issue Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

A:System Image Recovery to new SSD Issues

Might want to try using Macrium Reflect Free to create and restore the image. Do it from a booted CD rather that from Windows 8 itself.

I've done this with Acronis True Image Home 2012 and it's worked so it is doable.

Also, can you post a screen shot of Disk Management showing the old partitioned drive?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16823-system-image-recovery-new-ssd-issues.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am trying to replace my current system GB hard drive with a smaller GB crucial SSD and I am getting an error System new SSD Recovery Image to Issues see attached when I try to restore the image to the new SSD I am not sure where to System Image Recovery to new SSD Issues go from here To give a little background I shrunk the volume of my GB partition to GB to avoid issues with an image recovery to a smaller hard drive I also created a GB partition on my Seagate TB external drive that I used to create the system image I used the built in quot Windows file recovery quot tool to create the image on the external drive and also to create the bootable recovery cd When I restored the image everything went exactly as planned until it failed in Step after clicking quot finish quot shown in the tutorial I found on this forum System Image Recovery - Restore Image on Computer in Windows Here is the error message I get After doing some research this is the same error people are getting from trying to restore an image to a smaller hard drive however I repartitioned the drive prior so the image should be smaller than the new hard drive so I'm confused as to why that would be the issue Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

A:System Image Recovery to new SSD Issues

Might want to try using Macrium Reflect Free to create and restore the image. Do it from a booted CD rather that from Windows 8 itself.

I've done this with Acronis True Image Home 2012 and it's worked so it is doable.

Also, can you post a screen shot of Disk Management showing the old partitioned drive?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16823-system-image-recovery-new-ssd-issues.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I am kasinath.

I went thro' the tutorials.

After creating system image to an external hard disk from "windows 7 recovery" ,Suppose

I am not able to boot to windows 8,the advanced option thro' system recovery option is not available,when we

boot thro' system recovery disc,then how to retore the system image created.

Can use recovery disc created in windows 7 ultimate.

Note:- I recently upgraded to wondows 8 pro.

Kindly let me know How to go about it.

Yhanking you

kasinath

A:system image recovery in windows 8 pro

Good question.

You might think a win7 repair disc would be able to pick up the backup image and restore it.

I haven't tried it - but I doubt it.

For marketing reasons, MS do not usually let previous o/s recovery work on the new version.

Worth a try - this may be an exception - after all, it is called win7 file recovery ( or something like that ) - even in win8.

Isn't it included in win8 repair options?

I think it is one those big squares you jab at - Advanced Options >System Image recovery

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12556-system-image-recovery-windows-8-pro.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I am kasinath.

I went thro' the tutorials.

After creating system image to an external hard disk from "windows 7 recovery" ,Suppose

I am not able to boot to windows 8,the advanced option thro' system recovery option is not available,when we

boot thro' system recovery disc,then how to retore the system image created.

Can use recovery disc created in windows 7 ultimate.

Note:- I recently upgraded to wondows 8 pro.

Kindly let me know How to go about it.

Yhanking you

kasinath

A:system image recovery in windows 8 pro

Good question.

You might think a win7 repair disc would be able to pick up the backup image and restore it.

I haven't tried it - but I doubt it.

For marketing reasons, MS do not usually let previous o/s recovery work on the new version.

Worth a try - this may be an exception - after all, it is called win7 file recovery ( or something like that ) - even in win8.

Isn't it included in win8 repair options?

I think it is one those big squares you jab at - Advanced Options >System Image recovery

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12556-system-image-recovery-windows-8-pro.html
Relevancy 60.63%

when I want to use the win10 system image recovery that Ihad made... i have this problem....
after going to setting...,going to restore...,going to advance... and the going to use..
use a system image recovery, the computer goes to the page that i have to select the
copmputer, there it apears my name, i am supose to select that name
but here is the problem .... I dont have the MOUSE CURSOR it doesnot
apears....the page is frozen,,what can i do so i can use the mouse?
waiting your repply at your earlies conveinance...

emilio nazario

A:windows 10 system image recovery

Hi emilio nazario,

I'm not sure that I understand the entire problem, but I did catch some of it.

Have to tried using bootable media while trying to access the recovery image to see if you are able to use the mouse that way? See HERE.

Also, there are other free options to the Windows Imaging utility that you might find easier to work with. I've listed a couple below.

Macrium Reflect Free
AOMEI Backupper
b1rd

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40736-windows-10-system-image-recovery.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all. I am unable to recover system images saved on an external HD in Windows 10. I have 2 different images and neither can be located in the recovery process. I've tried locating the image files on two different computers, through both Win10's Recovery tool and Win7's Restore tool, but the files do not appear using either method. The files do exist -- they appear in File Explorer -- and I can confirm that the folder structure is the way it is supposed to be (i.e. the folder names are correct, no extra folders or files are saved in the structure, etc.).

I've spent many hours over the last 3 days trying to figure out a solution, to no avail. It appears that many others have faced this issue, but any suggestions I've found online do not work for me. I'm at the end of my rope...please help! Thank you.

A:System Image Recovery Troubleshooting

I assume you are talking about Windows 10 own system image backup.

This is how I do it if I need to do a system image recovery, and I have had done that numerous times.

Assuming you are able to sign in to Windows 10.........................
Settings > Update & Security > left side, Recovery > right side, under Advanced startup, click the Restart now button > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Image Recovery...................

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/48053-system-image-recovery-troubleshooting.html
Relevancy 60.63%

So I decided I'd finally upgrade from my GB SATA HD and I'm already regretting it They say quot If it ain't broke don't fix it quot guess I should've listened Anyway I created a Windows Pro bit system Image from the old drive and put it on an external HD Then I removed the old HD switched cables and checked the bios settings to make sure the new HD was recognized as the first HD After booting with the restore CD and choosing the System Image Recovery option and choosing the image it gives me the last quot Re-image your computer quot screen with the following information Date and time timeblahblahblah Computer MyDesktop Drives to Restore Volume fbdd e b-abbf- df-aa - e f e C I'm not sure what the quot Volume quot stuff is all about since I don't see that on any other screenshots I've looked at So Recovery Image Problem with System I click the quot Finish quot button and then click quot Yes quot for the warning message about formatting and replacing the info on the drive I then get the following message The system image restore failed No disk that can be used for recovering the system disk can be found So the bios detects the drive I've gone into the diskpart exe program on the restore disk and it sees both the drive and the C partition What am I missing here At this rate I'm going to give up and just keep using my old gb drive

A:Problem with System Image Recovery

Not sure what is happening with your Win 7 system image. I use the Win 7 back up and restore as well and I have often worried that in the event of a catastrophic disk failure I might not be able to recover.....I will probably purchase Acronis soon. However, I do a manual backup of all data files and a separate sys image just in case the recover option fails and I have to reinstall as well as manually retrieve the data files.

However, if you can, since you are starting with a new HD, is it practical to do a clean install and retrieve your data from the old drive after the install? I know it is a bit of a hassle but it would probably be better.

Since I run some demanding stuff on my machine, I have had to do several fresh installs on two of my machines to solve certain problems. I am to the point now where it is becoming old hat to just reinstall.

I wouldn't give up on the new drive unless you cannot recover all the data you need or you have a ton of software to reinstall.

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/115122-problem-system-image-recovery.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My laptop has been crashing about once a month for the last several months Like it's getting its period or something Anyway I've either been doing startup repair or occasionally having to do a full system recovery and that's been fine However last night it crashed right on cue and after trying to run startup repair to no avail eventually getting my computer to fully boot and log in to my profile and getting a BSOD I decided to do Image DV4-2040US System completing Recovery not HP a system recovery and just get it over with I tried running it off the recovery partition but that didn't work So I tried running it with the recovery discs I made and it successfully formatted the drive and copied all HP DV4-2040US System Recovery Image not completing the necessary files But when it got to the point where it was installing the software maybe about halfway through it gives me a BSOD with xe ef one time and x F the next time After that it reboots and tries to continue the installation but keeps popping up with an error message that says I have to restart to complete it I ran chkdsk for good measure and there were some bad clusters that it found and repaired There were a few left over that it couldn't I've been finding information about why these errors occur and how to fix them but being that I really don't have an operating system to log in to it's a bit beyond my level of knowledge as far as what I need to do to fix it if there is any way to fix it without having to go out and buy an actual Windows disc I'm trying to avoid that because I'd prefer not to spend the money on one But since the first attempt to recover the operating system failed but the hard drive was already formatted I'm not sure doing a system recovery will do anything at all because there's nothing on the drive to recover I'm pretty sure the recovery partition is still there but I don't know if it already being formatted renders it useless But if anyone reads this and has any ideas for me before I buy a windows disc I'd greatly appreciate it Thanks

A:HP DV4-2040US System Recovery Image not completing

I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/183944-hp-dv4-2040us-system-recovery-image-not-completing.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a All-in-one system and it came with Windows but upgraded to Windows I was trying to do a Factory reset but recovery during system interruption image power kept getting an error I found myself power interruption during system image recovery in advance options and clicked the wrong option I clicked system image recovery The Pc eneded up going into a black screen I assumed it was doing its job and formating and power interruption during system image recovery would restart I started moving the printer around and somehow the power switch on the power bar got turned off I tried restarting the computer but it went back to that same black screen I then followed one of the steps I found online and held the power button down until it powered off The light blinked three times and shut down When I resterted it again it once again went to a black screen The compueter is turned on and I can hear it running but still the black screen What do I do Please help It was a perfectly good computer before I messed with it I cant aford to replace it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/power-interruption-during-system-image-recovery/td-p/5732610
Relevancy 59.77%

I have two old physical Seagate hard drives set up in the following configuration

C: - 160Gb used for the OS and program files
E: - 240Gb used for data storage

I want to replace the drive with the OS on with a new Western Digital hard drive (of the same size) as it's starting to get noisy and taking a while to access. So I figured the easiest way would be to use the System Image tool in Windows 7 and restore it.

I created the image of my 'C drive' onto an external hard drive, created the recovery disk and managed to restore the image onto the new hard drive. All has worked well except for I can't see the second hard drive that has all my data on it.

Any ideas where I may be going wrong?

A:Can't see second Hard drive after using System Image Recovery

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html
Screenshot tools.
A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums
Snipping Tool - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows
Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
Screenshot with Paint
Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap
fscapture free download

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/183801-cant-see-second-hard-drive-after-using-system-image-recovery.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Forums This is my first post here but I suspect I will be a member for a long time because I have yet to see such comprehensive tutorials anywhere else online Not even close Steps are always left out After reading many many well detailed tutorials I beleive I am ready to quot downgrade quot feels like upgrade my Windows came with OEM Lenovo w to windows ultimate I have TB HDD Recovery Before w8Downgrade of System Image Partition Only space and GB SSD I do not have anywhere to store a system Image with around GB of data Even if I deleted all the data because I don't care to back it up im an image form- it's already System Image Only of Recovery Partition Before w8Downgrade on a family members Mac to be dragged back over albeit only about - GB I scrificed abour System Image Only of Recovery Partition Before w8Downgrade - in videos I do beleive that the remaining system files may be too large for me to back up on their computer which is my only option for storage without feeling guilty for hogging their memory even though the computer belongs to a computer illiterate person who barely used any memory despite having tons Maybe I would do a complete Image backup if I could get it down to gb but I doubt that's possible So my question is Can I only back up the system restore partition and If I do will this be viable once I have followed the instructions on this site and wiped my C drive to istall windows Could I use it to restore windows I am new to system images Could I back up the recovery image to the SSD that might be a retarded question I am also open to backing up the ability to restore windows if I need to in different ways This might not be the best for me I also may be wrong about how much space the image would take after deleting all my unwanted data and stripping to the system amp programs I read that am image is the same size as the data- not compresses- but then read elsewhere it compresses of the data - - Which is it Also one more question while I'm at it- should I use the entire TB to to put windows on or leave some space and why I will be installing a linux partition later probably kubuntu used ubuntu for years between XP and this new about - years old now windows computer but I know they now have extremely easy ways to create these after windows is installed so I guess I'd rather do that unless there's a big advantage It took about years of dealing with frustrating things not liking the os mourning customization abilities bug bug bug bug bugs laziness and being busy to finally crack down and try Before finding your site I spent hours using incomplete tutorials and fell asleep not being able to boot into windows or the installer dont worry I knew how to fix it i rage quit hoping it goes better tonight when Im home from work Thanks for any responses ahead of time -Caitlin

A:System Image Only of Recovery Partition Before w8Downgrade

I suppose my first question may be disregarded as I am going with creating a recovery disk with the partition included instead...

but the second question still stands and I could use any advice

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/65978-system-image-only-recovery-partition-before-w8downgrade.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I'm running Win Pro bit in UEFI mode amp I have successfully taken a Windows System Image of my PC in preparation for upgrading to Win So Incorrect Password Image Recovery System now I'm testing that I can actually restore my system so I go to PC Settings - gt General System Image Recovery Password Incorrect - gt Advanced Startup - gt Troubleshoot - gt Advanced Options - gt System Image Recovery On the next screen I select my PC Account name the only System Image Recovery Password Incorrect account listed and then enter my password However I always get quot Password Incorrect Please try again quot I am certain that I am entering the correct password I can restart the PC and login to windows using the same Account amp password without any problems In User Accounts there is only User Account listed which has administrator rights Nor have I tried to change the password since the System Image was taken Does anyone know what the problem might be amp how to solve it Thankyou BazzaG

A:System Image Recovery Password Incorrect

Did you make this image to a network location, and if you did, was a password entered for the image access?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/34606-system-image-recovery-password-incorrect.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have searched and read the tutorials and forums about the system image recovery and SATA drivers, concerning "This will show you how to load the SATA drivers in System Image Recovery when Windows 8 cannot find your backup hard drive due to lack of loaded drivers. ," as indicated on this tutorial link < SATA Drivers - Load in Windows 8 System Image Recovery >.

and someone with this link < http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...tml#post459389 > asked "Where are the sata drivers???"but i believe none answered the inquiry.

If someone will please direct me to the link or solution which i might have missed for the my inquiry on "HOW TO COPY THE SATA DRIVERS, AND/or THE LOCATION OF WHICH WHERE TO FIND THE SATA DRIVERS".

Thanks for any info.

A:SATA Drivers for System Image Recovery

SATA drivers are already embedded in the bios. You just have to go into BIOS and turn AHCI on. For USB 3.0 you need xHCI that already comes with Windows 8 and above: Attachment 57346 Here' a link from Seagate about SATA drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60936-sata-drivers-system-image-recovery.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all I had to send my laptop in for an RMA so I made a system image of my image stops System through recovery partway drives using the Windows backup utility I have a single GB hard drive which is partitioned into two different drives My C had mostly Windows files and some programs while my D had game installations and was used for general storage When I received the laptop back they just had to replace my DVD drive I noticed they reformatted my hard drive and threw Windows Vista back on the thing but the partitions still looked to be the same as before My system images were stored on a TB external drive so I booted off of a Windows Recovery CD and attempted to restore the C and D drives After minutes in the progress bar reaches about of the way in The hard drive activity light switches from always on to just flickering every couple seconds and no more progress is made I've given it over an hour just sitting at this spot but no matter how much time is given the restore does not progress I've tried changing System image recovery stops partway through different options in the System image recovery stops partway through restore utility only restoring one drive formatting the drives to match the images and not but no matter what I do I get the same problem I've also tried running the system image recovery from a Windows disk and from within Windows after a clean install Does anyone have any suggestions When I made the system image I was told it was successful Thank you in advance for any help

A:System image recovery stops partway through

While it is restoring the images, it has to erase what is currently on the drive. I would try the steps in the tutorial below. It will take awhile but it will clean the entire hard drive. Then you can try to restore the image and see if it goes any faster.

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/107522-system-image-recovery-stops-partway-through.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My HDD is partitioned C: for OS and D: for data.

I did a System Image of C: only.

When I did a System Image recovery "Format and repartition disks" was greyed out and could not be selected, as per SevenForums Tutorial step 6 (shown below.)

6. Check Format and repartition disks, and click on Next. (see screenshot below)
So I just clicked Next and continued.

Everything seems to be working fine, even after a few hours of use.

Was it not necessary to select "Format and repartition disks" in my case when only C: was Imaged and Recovered, or am I going to have problems sooner or later?

I presume if I had partitioned after the Image was taken then I would definately need to select this option.

Many thanks for any replies, the Microsoft Help for this is not very detailed.

A:System Image Recovery Step 6 Question

If you did an image of c only, you should be OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/95431-system-image-recovery-step-6-question.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello! After Windows reinstallation, my computer HP ENVY 15-j152sr doesn't work well, the cooling system doesn't work well, so I cannot play games. I installed all drivers and make all setting.So I need system recovery image for HP ENVY 15-j152sr Windows 8.1Please, help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Need-system-recovery-image-for-HP-ENVY-15-j152sr/td-p/5617906
Relevancy 59.77%

I had problems with my Sony Vaio core 2 duo laptop running windows Vista home premium. I had to do a system restore. I backed up a drive image onto a seagate free agent drive. I don't recall if the image was done with the seagate disk Wizard or windows Vista. After the restore to the original factory settings I don't know how to restore the image. The seagate software lets me see the directories, however the file is not clearly labeled drive image. Given this is the first time I've done this I expected the Seagate restore to be a little more automatic. I just did the image 2 days ago so I'd prefer to not reload everything. I had to do a system restore today because I could not get past a new password installed on the laptop.

Any help would be appreciated.
I should add, when go to the system recovery page the only option is a system restore.

A:need help restoring drive image after system recovery

Welcome to the Forums.

See if this page is helpful:
Seagate Manager - Backing Up & Restoring Data

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302770-need-help-restoring-drive-image-after-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I trying to do an Advanced System Recovery from a System Image I have on DVDs.
I don't get very far (after it says to put the LAST DVD in) and it asks that I install "Drivers?" and the pop-up access takes me to System32>drivers, yet I believe that it wants system information. But what system information and where do I find among all that is available in the System32('s) many selections.

Will there be anymore surprises like this further in that I should be aware of now and be prepared for?

Oh, I run Windows Pro 7 32bit, on an eMachine El1200, I also have an 2TB external hard drive attached.

A:Advanced Recovery - System Image Question

Hmm, I am not sure I understand your problem. Sounds like you want to make an image recovery but have no image - but a system copy instead.

If you want to use imaging, I recommend you go with the free Macrium Reflect. That is the easiest to use and the most reliable, and it is fast too. And put your images on your 2TB disk - not on DVDs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/304012-advanced-recovery-system-image-question.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I noticed that when I made my first Backup image (per Win 7 OS and not third party software) that it created a system restore point. If I wanted to delete all system restore points will I still be able to use that recovery image should I need it? In other words, are the OS-created images and system restore somehow integrated and dependant upon one another? I think the answwer is no, but I want to make sure just in case.

FWIW, i installed Acronis True Image 2010 and would like to disable system restore altogether once I get the feel for this OS

Thanks

A:Recovery Image and System Restore Point

They are separate. You can make on schedule,: Just image or just restore or just a copy of your files (back up and save)

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/37462-recovery-image-system-restore-point.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello - I Image Partition Configuring System on Recovery have just done a fresh install of Windows Pro to my reasonably old hardware I am running a boot loader Configuring System Image on Recovery Partition called Clover which emulates EFI and Windows has therefore been installed to a GPT disk I manually configured the partitions according to this Sample Configure UEFI GPT-Based Hard Drive Partitions by Using Windows PE and DiskPart Giving me this I understand that the st MB partition is to hold the recovery environment which I think is configured since the following is returned Code C Windows system gt REAGENTC EXE Info Windows Recovery Environment Windows RE and system reset configuration Information Windows RE status Enabled Windows RE Configuring System Image on Recovery Partition location GLOBALROOT device harddisk partition Recove ry WindowsRE Boot Configuration Data BCD identifier ca cef b- f - e - e -ac f b bb e Recovery image location Recovery image index Custom image location Custom image index REAGENTC EXE Operation Successful Am I on the right track when I say that I now need to create the recovery image in to the GB partition Can Windows do this or must I use a tool such as AOMEI OneKey Recovery

A:Configuring System Image on Recovery Partition

I booted in to Windows PE and ran disk part to find out the drive letters and this has shown that the Windows drive is mounted under Windows PE as C: and the 15 GB as K:
I then ran:

Code:
dism /capture-image /image-file:k:\windows10_pro.wim /capturedir:C:\ /name:"Windows 10 Pro"
The image file got create ok however the system restore is unable find the drive and hence also not the wim file.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/17544-configuring-system-image-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 59.77%
Relevancy 59.77%

I have spent most of the past 12 hours trying to restore my win8pro system from a system image. the image was saved to a usb hard drive. win8pro system image recovery won't see the usb hard drive. I tried copying the backup to a drive on my network, but recovery won't see that either, even when entering the exact path to the backup using the network option. I then tried to copy the backup to a second hard drive, installing that hard drive directly into the machine. no go, wouldn't even recognize the drive.
I'm at my wits end. any ideas?

...joe

A:windows 8 pro system image recovery can't see backup

I have a similar problem. I have a Samsung Series 7 laptop with pre-installed Windows 8 and no CD/DVD reader. I have an external USB3-connected Seagate drive to which I have saved several System Image files. The system image recovery doesn't see the USB external drive in the same way as jaypea500 described. I can get as far as "Add Drivers" with the instruction to "insert installation media for the device and click OK to select the driver". My laptop doesn't have floppy or DVD drive. I have no installation media. Where do I get the drivers for the external disk from please?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/27130-windows-8-pro-system-image-recovery-cant-see-backup.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys, I have a problem with my Win7 x64 installation. I have played with a Playstation3 HDD and I have really screwed my win7 partition table.

I have tried booting with the setup dvd and tried everything there (startup repair, bootfix from cmd, etc) but nothing seems to work.

I have next booted Hiren's Live XP and I can see my partitions (btw what is the small 100mb partition called system reserved?). I have found a folder called Recovery on my boot partition which contains a large file called winre.wim, can I use this to restore my boot from System Image Recovery ? If yes, how do I do that? (remember that win setup doesn't see my partitions) I have copied the whole recovery folder to an usb stick, but when I get to System Image recovery it doesn't find it...

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

LE: (thanks mod for proper edit of the post)

A:Can I use this to restore my boot from System Image Recovery ?

You can't boot into Windows? If so post a screen shot of your disk management window.

How to Post a Screenshot in Seven Forums - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/112237-can-i-use-restore-my-boot-system-image-recovery.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have 6 system image backups from 6 different systems on my external HDD and I'm trying to recover system #6 but when I go to system image recovery (spamming F8 > Repair My Computer) it only shows the first 3 system image backups why is this?

Temporary Solution: Move backups #12345 to a different disk then the system image recovery tool can read system image backup #6

Here's what I'm talking about: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

A:System Image Recovery can only read 3 backups?

UPDATE: Just tried the external HDD on my main PC to see if it can read all 6 backups, nope. The same first 3 are only shown and my main PC is Windows 7 Ultimate, thinking it might be a Windows 7 Version limitation. All systems are updated

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/395618-system-image-recovery-can-only-read-3-backups.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping and REcovery System Option Advanced Boot Image Processor Advanced Boot Option and System Image REcovery Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard AMD Corp Guam Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled Trying to fix friends laptop Need to restore it All her restore points are gone Want to do a system image recovery quot if IT still has old information from Advanced Boot Options Advanced Boot Option and System Image REcovery Have tried a dozen times to restart and use F key get to Advanced Boot Options Manage to get to Safe Mode Option but I don t see or there isn t anyway to get o the Advanced Boot Options screen Wondering about just going to the command prompt after windows loads and typing rstrul exe will that work Thanks its taking too long and I want it done before she gets here from work so i can just give it to her nbsp

A:Advanced Boot Option and System Image REcovery

hiya, try tapping f5 as soon as you startup keep tapping until you hear a beep

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advanced-boot-option-and-system-image-recovery.1098723/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I had a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro that started giving very poor battery performance and the case was getting very hot.

MS agreed to either repair/replace under warranty but I needed to ship it back.

Before I shipped it back I did a Windows 10 System Image Backup to a USB drive hopeing that if MS replaced with a new Surface pro 3 I would be able to restore the Image to the new unit.

MS has as I thought replaced the Surface Pro 3 with a new one but I am struggling to restore the image to this new one.

It is asking for a recovery Key ?

Am I right in thinking that you can restore the Image to a replacement unit ?

Many thanks for your help

A:Windows 10 System Image Recovery On Replacement Unit

No. The system image you have done on the old Surface Pro cannot be applied to another Surface Pro.

If you go to the folder that contains the system image backup, you will see that the folder has a name. That name is in reference to the machine it took the backup from.
Your new surface pro has a different computer name. Do a new system image with that new surface and you'll see it has a different name.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/32921-windows-10-system-image-recovery-replacement-unit.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hi, i have a simple question im so frustrated about, because i did not find the answer anywhere on the whole internet, nor the restore process dialogues -
WHERE it restores the image to? on which drive? i have 3 drives on my computer, one failing i made an image of, one ive put the image backup to, and the new and empty one i want to restore the image to... i did not find the destination selection
in the recovery dialogue...

thank you for answer

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/51a97b3c-cd1c-414f-a856-77f4e6c40f0e/windows-7-system-image-recovery-process-where-it-recovers-to?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 59.34%

I've had Windows crash twice on booting up in the last months The Windows logo appears out of the black screen just above where it says quot Starting Windows quot and then freezes before flashing a blue screen too quickly for me to see what it says and then starts a system repair Both times the repair has failed and I've had to resort to a System Image Recovery which solves the immediate issue but it seems there's an underlying Windows 7 and up Image boot crash recovery on System issue somewhere I have a Samsung Spinpoint F HD SJ SATA internal drive and I'm worried that it's on its way out even though it's only months old The CPU is an Windows 7 crash on boot up and System Image recovery Intel i and the motherboard is an ASUS P P -M B If it is Windows 7 crash on boot up and System Image recovery Windows that has the problem how do I stop it from doing this And if it's the HHD is it a problem with how the drives are or is mine dying and what are the options for a computer hardware novice Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 crash on boot up and System Image recovery

Windows, once again, had a problem booting up today. Instead of the usual black screen with Starting Windows and the logo coming out of the dark, I had the black screen with a green segmented loading bar at the bottom which I've learnt means trouble.

Luckily, Startup Repair worked this time, but I could still do with a jot of help please...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/263060-windows-7-crash-boot-up-system-image-recovery.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there I just bought a new laptop that comes with Windows I want to upgrade to Windows My first question is do I do a System Image or Recovery Disk -prior- to the upgrade or after My second question is is it sufficient to just do a Recovery Disk if I haven t installed anything yet The main thing I can t figure out through my research is if I create a Recovery Disk will that include my current operating system Or is the operating system only backed up through a System Image I -think- my final question is if I put all of this onto a flash drive when I plug my flash drive in is it going vs. dumb Image Disk System (many questions) Recovery to try to reset my computer every time Or only if I plug it in before I boot up I m really not savvy to deal with a lot of the terminology I see on the web when I try to research these things on my own so hopefully someone can answer System Image vs. Recovery Disk (many dumb questions) my questions as if they re talking to a year old System Image vs. Recovery Disk (many dumb questions) nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-image-vs-recovery-disk-many-dumb-questions.1164646/
Relevancy 59.34%

hi i would like to ask i have a HP laptop which has a HP Recovery recovery other using Will image Windows partitions? system delete Partition created my main system partition is C the recovery partition is D because i'm afraid that if my harddisk fail one day if even the recovery partition is damaged or corrupted i won't be able to recover my system i cannot rely on hp support because i'm living in singapore Will Windows recovery using system image delete other partitions? and i bought my hp laptop from my polytechnic but the support hotline given in Will Windows recovery using system image delete other partitions? the hp website will forward the caller to the Helpdesk in India and they will Will Windows recovery using system image delete other partitions? not understand about the softwares that are preinstalled by HP specially given by my school for my studies so i was thinking about creating a system image from the control panel but i'm afraid that if i try recovering my system from the backup system image the recovery partition D created by HP will be deleted so can anyone experienced enough clear my doubt on this thanks in advance P S When i made the system image only C drive and the System Reserved drive are checked i did not check the D drive

A:Will Windows recovery using system image delete other partitions?

The HP recovery partition will NOT restore the PC to the way it is now.

It will restore it to the way it was when shipped from HP.

You should be able to make a set of "recovery" DVDs that will also restore the PC to the way it was when shipped from HP. If you have a set of recovery DVDs that work, you don't need to keep the recovery partition.

I think your recovery partition will be restored IF AND ONLY IF you include it in your image backup. An imaging program is the only way to restore your PC to the way it is NOW.

Personally, I would use an imaging program such as Macrium to back up my system rather than the Windows program, but it is your choice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/228034-will-windows-recovery-using-system-image-delete-other-partitions.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all I have been routinely backuping my OS and important files using Windows backup on a NAS System found not Image from Network Drive Recovery - It just so happened that I needed to re-image my OS drive and I got into the Windows recovery boot sequence Under the Advanced tools I selected the System Image Recovery and tried to look for the system image on the network path Although the prompt said it was connecting to the network the network share was System Image Recovery from Network Drive - not found not found the command prompt couldn't ping google com and netsh wlan lt SSID gt command did not work in hopes of connecting to my local wifi Is there a way to connect to the wifi network where my NAS is connected to in order to re-image from the system image found on the NAS Luckily there was an older image on a separate local HDD that I could re-image from but I would prefer if I could connect to the NAS during the recovery process Any help is greatly appreciated

A:System Image Recovery from Network Drive - not found

Yes as long as the NAS is on the same router. If you are not able to ping or trace route sites from one computer, something is messed up with the DNS table. As for the Windows System recovery, it has issues if that was what you were using.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/43261-system-image-recovery-network-drive-not-found.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I was trying to recover to my factory setting of the laptop. After starting to boot. The system is showing error that registration file is missing. So my setup is not competing....Suggestions what should I do now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-recovery-image-not-able-to-reboot-the-laptop-system/td-p/5799639
Relevancy 59.34%
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi everyone,

I've got a Surface Pro 3 and a system image backup from an exactly similar device on an external hard drive. When I boot to installed Windows 10 (same occurred with 8.1) and try to recover the backup, the system finds the backup file but I get notified "You need to boot from USB to be able to recover" (I'm running Finnish version, so the translations are my own).

Ok, I created a bootable Win10 installation and try again: I'm able to boot from USB and get all the way to Recover Image, but then I get this error:
Internal error. Specified file can't be found. (0x80070002)

So the backup and external HDD seem to be fine as they're recognized from installed Windows, but when booting from USB it seems that the device can't read the backup files.

I've been googling for solutions about 4 hours now, any ideas what to try next?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/60324-system-image-recovery-fails-error-0x80070002.html
Relevancy 58.48%

There is a large reference book on Win 7 called Windows 7 Inside and Out.

Even in this big book only a couple pages are on repair. I have recently moved to Win 7 from XP.
The repair routine on the XP installer cd got me out of a lot of jams.

But now it seems I need to make a separate repair cd on Win 7 through the System Image Recovery.
Even this assumes that Win7 is going does it not?

How can I build a repair cd that boots and restores the MBR where the usual problem
is after an unexpected power out or shutdown?

My most common instance of having the HD go bad is having an interrupted clone job
using Norton Ghost.

If image recovery is the wrong place to start, please give the how - to to make
a bootable repair cd/dvd.

A:Build a Repair disk with Win7 System Image Recovery

Seasons Greetings
Listen to me. I and many members of this forum, do not get overly involved with repairs etc. Just download the free Macrium Reflect, it allows you to make an image on an external hard drive. No matter what your problem, just repair with a current image. It saved me several times. I do not know about Norton, but using Macrium is the place to start.
If you still want a repair disc, this will help
System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/356260-build-repair-disk-win7-system-image-recovery.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently I did a System Image Recovery from an image created from a 320 GB HD. This old hard drive has problems. Buy a 1 TB new drive and did an Image Recovery on to the new drive. When I check directory of the new drive, W 7 only shows there is only 320 GB . How can I get the remaining capacity recognized?

A:system image recovery to a higher capacity hard drive

This is normal. You need to extend the partition to the right using Disk Management. Right click the partition in Disk Management and select Extend.

Edit: Fixed link.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569072/system-image-recovery-to-a-higher-capacity-hard-drive/
Relevancy 58.48%

My question is similar. I'm new to Win7-64. I want to back up the entire system but will System Image Restore allow me to identify and restore individual files? Win7's normal back up function does that, but it doesn't save the OS and programs.

Thanks

A:System Image Recovery allow me to identify & restore individual files?

Hello Mark, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sorry, but when doing a System Image Recovery, you will not be able to pick and choose individual files and folders. It's an all or none deal.

However, you could use the tutorial below to manaully extract individual files and folders from within the system image if you like.System Image - Extract Files Using Disk Management
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/253472-system-image-recovery-allow-me-identify-restore-individual-files.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi again I was trying to do a system image restore with an image I created on a back up EX-HD a while back the problem is it doesn't have enough space to create a new system image which Backup space recovery management with image and problem, system I'm Backup and recovery space management problem, with system image fine with but does have enough to save a backup of my data files on the drive I'm trying to do a recovery for When I tried to restore it with the last system image I created a while ago it told me the last data backup I've done was a while back and if I'd like to do a backup now when I clicked Backup and recovery space management problem, with system image yes it said I didn't have enough space for a system image Seeing as how I only wanted to backup data files and not create a new system image I Backup and recovery space management problem, with system image closed the window I then decided to do a data backup from the backup and recovery panel with the backup now option assuming it was only going to backup the data files After which about half a day of the recovery running I checked the status and it is creating a NEW system image My question is if I end the backup now in the middle of the creation of the new system image since it would be a pointless system image since it's the system I'm trying to revert from will it retain my older system image or am I screwed and it has already deleted my older system image and I may as well let it finish creating this new one

A:Backup and recovery space management problem, with system image

I can't answer your question directly.

Windows Backup is cryptic, a bit inflexible, and prone to misunderstandings and confusion. That's exactly why I gave up on it.

I'd suggest you think of your backup tasks as being in 2 categories:

1: Backup of Windows itself and all installed applications, using an imaging program.
2: Backup of everything else---typically your personal data, WITHOUT using imaging.

I'd use a separate program to do each of those tasks. I'd do the former perhaps weekly or monthly and the latter daily if not more often.

A program like Macrium or Acronis or Aomei Backupper could make an image within 10 minutes to an hour, depending on how much space is occupied on your Windows partition.

A program such as FreeFileSync or Synctoy can backup personal data with a single mouse click. The first backup might take hours, but subsequent later backups are much quicker. I back up 90,000 files occupying about 600 GB daily and the procedure takes anywhere from 30 to 80 seconds, rarely more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/388011-backup-recovery-space-management-problem-system-image.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I created a system image of Drive (C:) and the System reserved, but not the Drive (B:) where all my data is stored. So, I wanted to ask if i restore from that system image, will the data in my Drive (B:) be deleted ? or will the image just restore the Drive (C:) and leave my other partitions untouched ?

Thanks. :)

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/384504-will-windows-system-image-recovery-delete-data-other-partitions.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have tried unsuccessfully to do a Factory Image Restore on my Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 7 but that's not a choice on the Factory Image Restore welcome screen. So, I thought I would try using my System Recovery disks if possible. I'm not that computer literate but could you help with the proper steps to take? Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/380257-how-can-i-do-dell-factory-image-restore-system-recovery-disks.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Everyone I have a drive. from Image recovery System WinPE flash/usb bootable bit of a peculiar issue going on here While I somewhat understand what is happening I'm still slightly confused as to why and if there is an alternative workaround So I want to restore System Image recovery from bootable WinPE flash/usb drive. a system image from one of the workstations I have I have a System Image recovery from bootable WinPE flash/usb drive. custom made WinPE flash drive with several bells and whistles added to make my life easier at work If I boot to my WinPE OS and initiate the image recovery All goes well until it tries to apply the image to the drive and then it immediately fails with the lovely x error code If I perform the exact same steps however boot to a DVD rather than the flash drive it works every time I found a bit of info elsewhere on this and was hoping someone here could explain this behavior in a bit more detail as the post the guy made doesn't fully make sense to me Quote I called MS and they told me that you can't do an image restore unless ALL the drives are exactly as they were Meaning when I was using my jump drive to initiate the recovery because I can't eject the recovery disk to put in the image disk it was counting that as a drive So no go on using a jump drive to initiate the Windows Recovery Environment That was what was the quot the parameter is incorrect x quot error I figured out a workaround that I should have seen INSTANTLY All this time it's been there When you're selecting an image Microsoft realized some people might have their images on external drives which require special drivers You just go there and wala you see a Browse icon Go in there right-click the optical drive eject put in the one with the image So basically I'm looking for a workaround to be able to perform an image recovery from the bootable USB drive Not that I can't carry around a DVD version of it as well I'd just prefer to have everything working from my swiss army PE drive Note it's not the custom PE that causes this I've retried with a Ent DVD and USB created with the same iso with the same result DVD works USB doesn't

A:System Image recovery from bootable WinPE flash/usb drive.

Something may have been lost in interpretation here.
1) I always use my grub4dos based Flash drive with a bunch of utilities on it to restore a Windows image. Basically use the system repair disk iso on the flash drive.
2) The only drive constraint on restoring the image is that the drive you are restoring to must be larger than the the size of the imaged partitions. So if you had imaged a main Windows 7 OS partition of say 300GB the the drive you are restoring to must be at least 300GB (plus a little for a system reserved if you had one).

You can have images on multiple connected USB HDDs which were not connected when one of the images of interest was made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/166439-system-image-recovery-bootable-winpe-flash-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I am performing an image recovery. I have 4 DVDs that came with my laptop from geeksquad. They say HP System Backup. Everything runs smoothly in disc 1. When I get to disc 2 nothing happens at all. Any ideas of what I can do? I do have an external hard drive. I was considering trying to copy the System back up discs from a different computer onto the external and then trying to do the system restore.

A:Factory image recovery w/system backup discs freeze at disc

Sounds like a bad burn on disk 2.

Pressing the f11 key during startup on a computer with an HP factory image will start the system recovery process even if the prompt is not displayed.
Recover Windows 7 Operating System Using HP Recovery - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
Performing an HP System Recovery in Windows 7 - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

How to make HP Recovery DVD disks:
Recover Windows Vista Operating System Using HP Recovery - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

How to make HP Recovery USB disk:
Creating a Recovery Disk on a USB Flash Disk HP Pavilion dv6700z CTO Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

or
You can Order HP Recovery Disks from here:
Compaq Mini CQ10-500 PC series*-* HP Notebook PCs - Order Recovery Discs for Windows 7, Vista, or XP - c00810334 - HP Business Support Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/186338-factory-image-recovery-w-system-backup-discs-freeze-disc.html
Relevancy 58.05%

i try to backup my laptop data using system image recovery.. In the process, the system told me that 'the backup could take up to 16 GB of disc space.' So, i just create another partition (17 GB) on my external hard disc as a backup location. The process went smoothly. But unfortunately, all my external hard disc partition has been deleted and there is only one partition (RECOVERY 31.9GB ) that include recovery data is created.. Is it any way that i can apply to get back my deleted partition?

A:System image recovery has deleted my external hard drive partition

Hi Fuadansari

Can you please tell us the manufacturer and the model of the hard drive that was overwritten.

I've done that process so I think that I understand what happened. Is it an Acer laptop?

The most important thing at this point is that you DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING TO THE AFFECTED DRIVE. That means do not format it or do anything that may alter the data that is currently on it.

James

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483524/system-image-recovery-has-deleted-my-external-hard-drive-partition/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 with Vista Home Premium factory installed and now I need to install Windows 7. Before doing that I want to make sure I can restore my computer exactly to the way it came if anything goes wrong in the process of installing Win 7 or I needed back my original laptop with Vista.

Figured out the best way to create a complete image of my Hard drive.

Capacity is 320GB
4 partitions - System Partition (C), Recovery Partition, some other 2 small partitions.
I have to modify these partitions and sizes when installing Win7. I want to completely image this HDD so I can get these back exactly the way they are now.

What is the best software I can use and what are the best methods? Please give me your opinions and instructions. Thanks.

A:Creating full Image of Hard disk System & recovery partitions (Dell)

(1) Download Macrium Reflect (Free)
(2) Create an image with all 4 partitions selected
(3) Make the linux recovery boot CD
(4) Make sure the linux boot CD works and can locate the image you just made and shows the 4 partitions for selection. Exit.

If the linux boot CD fails to work as will happen on some system configurations you can try in place of the linux CD:
(1) Hirens Boot CD Macrium Reflect is part of the mini XP environment
OR
(2) Macrium pe recovery disk. To make this you will need to download the Macrium Reflect V5 trial and be prepared to do a large MS download of WAIK (~1GB). Macrium guides you through the quite straightforward process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/190619-creating-full-image-hard-disk-system-recovery-partitions-dell.html
Relevancy 56.33%

One of the chief complains about Windows 7 was how much space an installation required. Microsoft notes that a 32-bit installation needs at least 16GB of storage while the 64-bit variant commands 20GB. While not a massive amount of space...

Read more

A:Windows 10 reclaims wasted disk space through system file compression, elimination of recovery image

I like it! It's astounding how quickly storage space goes by when using an SSD. I upgraded to 120GB after red-lining my old 60GB SSD, and am upgrading to a 240GB SSD since I red-lined my current drive. Every little bit counts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-reclaims-wasted-disk-space-through-system-file-compression-elimination-of-recovery-image.210176/
Relevancy 56.33%

My laptop is currently running Windows 10 Anniversary Update and I have the Windows Disc from which I have installed this window but now I have installed bunch of Apps and installed Windows Updates. I want to backup all of my Apps, Settings and Updates. If I ever install Windows 10 again I just don't want to install all those updates and apps again (I might not even remember all of the apps I have now) so How can I create a backup now so in the future whenever I want I can just restore back to this point? Should I create a System Image or System Restore (Restore Point) or a Recovery Drive or Backup and Restore (Windows 7) ? I don't know which one is the right for me because I have never done any Backup, Restore or Recovery. Please Help.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444607-system-image-system-restore-restore-point-recovery-drive-backup-restore-win7.html