Windows Support Forum

Mouse cursor keeps vanishing

Q: Mouse cursor keeps vanishing

My mouse cursor keeps disappearing and I can't see it. It is there and if I move it to the right spot I can see that it highlights the icon or what ever it is on. I hit the control button to get the circle to show me where it is but it is still invisible on no specific program at all. I have to restart the computer for it to come back on. It has been happening more frequently lately but it does not seem to follow any pattern. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mouse cursor keeps vanishing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Mouse cursor keeps vanishing

Can you give a brief description of your computer, with operating system...
You might benefit from a repair install, if WXP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-cursor-keeps-vanishing.177268/
Relevancy 88.15%

I really don t know where Mouse Cursor Vanishing to post this so please bear with me I have a brand-new Dell Optiplex I started using it today for the first time All went well while I was corking when suddenly the mouse cursor disappeared while I was installing WINRAR I rebooted and there was the cursor back again during the boot process - right up until the taskbar at the bottom of the screen started appearing The the cursor vanished again The funny thing is it s still active When I hit the Ctrl button I can tell where it is When I move it over an icon I can perform all the usual mouse functions Except that I can t see the cursor no matter what I have changed it to a large black cursor for better visibility I turned on the mouse trails No luck During reboot it s there - but as soon as the toolbar or is taskbar at the bottom of the screen appears the cursor goes away and stays away I uninstalled everything I had installed and called the Dell technician Predictably he had no clue I tried to restore the system but since I had only just Vanishing Mouse Cursor started using it there was no restore point available Vanishing Mouse Cursor Does anyone have any Vanishing Mouse Cursor idea what s going on

A:Vanishing Mouse Cursor

There should have been a restore point from when you installed WinRar.

By default Windows creates one everytime you install or uninstall a program.

The thing to try now is to boot to safe mode and choose "Last Known Good Configuration"

If that doesn't work have Dell support repair it with their new remote service.

If they cannot - demand a new computer as this one is brand new.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/68792/vanishing-mouse-cursor/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello this is my first time here so i hope i am in the right place! So my cursor keeps disappearing ever since i got an update for windows 7. I don't think there is anything wrong with this computer because my laptop is doing the same thing after i updated it. I have went into my mouse settings but nothing has fixed it. Has anyone found a solution for this?? Thank you!

A:Cursor keeps vanishing.

Follow this guide http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/ to locate all mouse drivers in the system. Uninstall all the mouse drivers.

The mouse will then freeze so you need to hold in the power button to shut down the PC. When you reboot the mouse driver will re-install.

See if that fixes it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursor-keeps-vanishing.1012396/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Windows 7 multi-touch device and every time i touch the screen i get a mouse graphic. Its really annoying
because it has a tendency to get in the way when i am tapping around with my fingers on the screen. can i remove and have only cursor arrow without mouse. i know there is a option but i need only cursor arrow. is it possible with any registry edit option.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce4c1c5b-8fa1-4c41-85cf-ecc33c9cbc22/mouse-graphic-not-cursor-next-to-mouse-cursor-when-touching-screen?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 61.92%

I've got an intermittant problem on an Acer Pentium D 3Ghz, 1Gb Ram and XP SP2.

Every once in a while (about 10 times in 3 months) when I start the system, the mouse doesn't work. Nothing else plugged into the USB ports will work either. The keyboard is on the P/S2 port and is unaffected. (Using a USB mouse 'cause the P/S2 one when bad.)

Going into device manager will show a problem with the USB2 Root Hub. If I remove it, then scan for hardware changes, Windows goes through the process, and "finds" the root hub, then mouse, usb stick, etc. Things will work fine after this.

Is there a way to fix this so that XP doesn't "loose" the root hub?

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 58.05%

1. Optical USB mouse won't move the cursor.
2. Mouse buttons function properly
3. Bought a new similar mouse, same problem, ruling out damaged mouse likelihood.

4. Have tried multiple USB slots. Have tried rebooting. Have tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting.
5. Saw somewhere to remove battery but I'm in a hotel and have no screwdriver to do so.

Really need to fix this as my shoulder is becoming inflamed reaching to the mousepad. Help?

Toshiba Satellite M50, Win7.

A:Laptop Mouse Cursor Won't Move, MousePAD cursor does

Have mercy, all. I know this isn't a mouse hardware issue...must be something solvable. Any help?
Gratefully,
Cham

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398502-laptop-mouse-cursor-wont-move-mousepad-cursor-does.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,
my mouse cursor- an optical usb - is stuck in the middle of the screen. The mouse works, as I can still scroll on a webpage with it, and click on icons, but the cursor won't budge. I've also tried a PS-2 mouse, same issue, and have tested every USB port and all work fine so it is NOT a hardware issue that I can see. I've tried rebooting and doing a system restore, and I have the same issue in safe mode. When I go to device manager, it rcognizes the device and says everything is working properly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, nothing. Everything else seems to be fine on my PC. Any help will be most appreciated, thank you!

Windows home vista

A:Mouse cursor stuck in middle of screen, but mouse works

Is this a laptop or a desktop? What is the make and model# of your computer/motherboard?
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals look for Legacy USB or USB mouse, if it is disabled, using the arrow key, Enable it. Save and Exit.
Go to the computer manufacturers support/download drivers site. type in your make and model # and download the Chipset driver (for USB Support)
Also, go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing or corrupted system files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-cursor-stuck-in-middle-of-screen-but-mouse-works-754321.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,It appears I somehow deactivated my touchpad or something along those lines as my mouse pointer/cursor has completely disappeared? It was working fine yesterday, and I think the only thing that might have triggered this is that I accidentally pressed some keys (unsure of which ones, so I don't even know how to reverse it). I've tried restarting, as well as looked through some of the mouse/touchpad settings to no avail. If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it (I'm currently relying on my fingers and the touchscreen which isn't as convenient)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Deactivated-TouchPad-Mouse-No-mouse-cursor-pointer/td-p/5826789
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I m having a problem that I really can t seem to resolve still frozen, operational mouse but cursor Mouse the image of my cursor freezes about seconds after I log in but the actual pointer still works i e I can still use the mouse it s just that the cursor doesn t Mouse cursor frozen, but mouse still operational correspond to what Mouse cursor frozen, but mouse still operational I m actually pointing at At first this occurred randomly sometimes after - mins of use but now it does it every time straight away One way I ve found to get around it is to turn on mouse trails at the lowest setting this lets me see the trails of the cursor at the correct location which at least lets me know what I m clicking on I ve tried Removing and reinstalling the drivers Trying a different ps mouse Trying a different USB port Removing spyware etc with Spybot AVG Updating to the latest drivers Updating Windows which is when it changed from being random to every time Any ideas on this one Thanks in advance James nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

My mouse cursor will randomly freeze or disappear, yet it remains active. I can still use it by feel. If I turn mouse trails on a duplicate mouse shows up that works and the frozen one remains, although its not completely frozen as it will still change into other cursors ie the hourglass. Eventually mouse trails turn off all on its own and im left with no cursor again. I've updated drivers and checked all the settings and am left with no solution. Any help would be very appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-freezes-but-mouse-still-works.406573/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Guys, so I've just finished a HTPC build and using HippoRemote on the iPhone to control Windows. Works great if I have a mouse plugged in but as soon as I remove the mouse the cursor hides itself. I can still click on things etc but it makes it pretty hard to do without the cursor being visible.

Is there a way to force Windows 8 to always show the cursor? I'm guessing it disables the cursor if no mouse is plugged in so one option is to buy a wireless mouse dongle and plug that in to trick Windows into thinking I am using a mouse, but I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11233-mouse-cursor-not-showing-if-no-mouse-plugged.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi The other day my mouse-cursor just started to move and wiggle chaotically and by itself towards the right side of the screen I have tried to switch mouse and the is even moves Mouse-cursor mouse by unplugged itself, when unplug but it doesn't help so I figure it has to be some kind of virus or malware yea When it happened I installed Trend Micro Internet Security and ran a scan of my computer It came up with one so called quot generic Trojan quot named quot services exe quot located in C Windows AND one virus named quot a exe quot located in C Windows System I went into the windows folder and found the trojan file quot services exe quot to maybe try and delete it dunno if I should've but I was pretty aggrevated Mouse-cursor moves by itself, even when the mouse is unplugged at the time but anyway I couldn't because I needed quot permission quot from vista I also looked up the virus file called quot a exe quot in the system folder where trend micro told me it was but I could not find it in any searches Anyway this is all very frustrating to me because I use my computer for work Mouse-cursor moves by itself, even when the mouse is unplugged and obviously a chaotically wiggly mouse makes it quite hard for me to do anything at all so I would highly appreciate some help with getting rid of whatever it is doing this Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Christoffer at on Mouse-cursor moves by itself, even when the mouse is unplugged Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Trend Micro Internet Security On-access scanning disabled Updated Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files Telenor Online Start Telenor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files mIRC mirc exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system conime exe C Users Christoffer Desktop gmer exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Users Christoffer Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page ... Read more

A:Mouse-cursor moves by itself, even when the mouse is unplugged

Welcome to TSF hoofbite,

Noooo, you sure do not want to be deleting files you are not sure of, and especially those like "services.exe" which is usually an essential (and protected) system file. Not seeing any infection here so far - let's run a repair scan then check after.

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here.

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform quick scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply. If it calls for a reboot to complete the repairs do that as well then.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/mouse-cursor-moves-by-itself-even-when-the-mouse-is-unplugged-368945.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am new to these forums so I have no idea where to post this.

Anyways, here's my problem, every few or so seconds my mouse cursor will have the spiral circle and it will act as if I clicked onto the toolbar at the bottom. For example, if I am typing an assignment, I will have to constantly click on the text box to start typing again. This is a very serious and annoying problem.

Please help me!

A:Serious problem with mouse/mouse cursor

Maybe uninstall and update your mouse drivers:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...-hardware-isnt-working-properly=windows-vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problem-with-mouse-mouse-cursor.1105552/
Relevancy 49.45%

Whenever my laptop is plugged in, my mouse cursor moves really slowly and sometimes freezes. I've tried speeding it up in the Control Panel and it hasn't worked and it's making it really frustrating to use my computer, especially since the battery life is terrible so it needs to be plugged in a lot of the time. Can anyone help me fix this?

A:Mouse Cursor

There are not many ways that a mouse could be affected by whether the machine was plugged in or not. Is the mouse the only thing affected? Are other things slower, too? Do videos play OK or do they become choppy?

My sole theory at this point is that the battery itself is defective (or the charging circuit) and the machine does not get full power for some reason while being charged (internal short?). If it were me, my first try at a fix would be to replace the battery. A laptop without a good battery is just a small desktop.

Lithium-ion batteries can sometimes show strange symptoms. They can even become dangerous when not working properly. Does the battery area get hot while charging or when in use?

What happens when you remove the battery and run just on AC power?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor.1004415/
Relevancy 49.45%

For some reason my mouse cursor has started to go underneath open windows and dialog boxes rather than above them. The items on the windows can still be clicked as usual but there is no way of knowing where the cursor is until you actually click to see what highlights. The only place the cursor is visible is when it is over the desktop. How do I get it back to normal?

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-mouse-cursor.521878/
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm lookin' for a black mouse cursor, but i cannot find one.
When i move the arrow over some links, there is a white color, like in the picture below.
Can i have this black ?

A:mouse cursor

Windows Inverted system scheme has black pointers. You can enable those from Control Panel > Mouse properties.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/128878-mouse-cursor.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am running Windows 7 on a Dual-boot iMac.
Have been doing so 5 months, no problems.
When I booted up today into Windows 7, there was no mouse cursor.
I tried another mouse which I knew is OK, still no cursor.
Then I noticed that if I moved the mouse about vigourously, a cursor appeared from the top right-hand corner but quickly shot back into the corner and disappeared.
Any suggestions re how I can cure this please?

A:Mouse cursor gone

Problem solved.
Unplugged mouse from Belkin 7 port powered hub and plugged it into the back of the computer, all cured.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/197932-mouse-cursor-gone.html
Relevancy 49.45%

for some reason, the bottom of my normal mouse pointer, and the bottom and right side of my busy mouse cursor is missing.. i didnt do anything to make this happen... i think... i have iconpackager and windowblinds... thats it.. and ive had both for more than a month, and i just noticed this problem.. what could be causing it?

XP Home SP2

IHR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uhh-who-ate-my-mouse-cursor.246083/
Relevancy 49.45%

I can't see my cursor on games and apps, like windows media center. what do i do? P.S. my OS is (im pretty sure) windows vista..

A:Can't see my cursor/mouse...

To better know what OS you're click the start button on the keyboard(Button with Windows Icon) and while holding it press "R", that will give you run window, type in "winver"( without the quote marks) and that will tell you OS Version.

Regarding your problem, What Video Card do you have ? Try updateing the Video Card driver, that should solve your issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-see-my-cursor-mouse.964969/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok...This just started happening after I installed America's Army a while ago.
Whenever a program would minimize a full-screen app. (in my case, games) or if i use ctrl+alt+del to minimize it, i dont see a mouse cursor, the cursor is still there as i can click things but i dont see a white arrow.

Also when i minimize Oblivion, then use the "ghost cursor" to open it up again, i see a black screen up at the upper left of my screen (i can still see the right and the bottom of my desktop) then my computer just freezes, forcing a restart to fix it...

THIS IS GETTING VERY ANNOYING, any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

A:No Mouse Cursor

Are there any error messages in the Event Viewer at the time of the freezes?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/94719/no-mouse-cursor/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I have never seen this before and don t have clue what could be causing it I have googled myself to death trying to find any body out there with the same issue but have not had any luck My issue the and Cursor Mouse My mouse or more precisly the cursor often it works fine but if I leave the computer for a couple of minutes or open a new program and start working my way around I find that for some Mouse and the Cursor undetermined amount of time my mouse cursor will not point to buttons or links with the point of the pointer cursor I must move up or down off of the target area to get it to select something often using the butt of the arrow or hand This makes for a lot of mistakes but seems to come and go some times it works perfectly other times not any ideas Also I am not sure if this is the correct forum but if you can Mouse and the Cursor find a better place for this thread please direct me to the correct area Thank you nbsp

A:Mouse and the Cursor

You may need to clean the mouse. You didn't say if it was a standard mouse or a logitech or senor or laser?
Makes it difficult to really assist as some need an old fashion cleaning while others need to have a driver re-installed, and still others in usb ports have other issues. Let us know...Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-the-cursor.677122/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for the help you can provide: my problem is this. When I use the PC mt mouse icon goes crazy and starts opening programs, creating shortcuts and the like. It happens randomly and once I press Control Alt Canc it stops.
I tried to run my antivirus and antispyware (I use AVG 7.5 and Spybot search & destroy) but they find nothing (I also tried this by running the antivirus in temporary mode but again they found nothing).
I tried using external control by running a Symantec security Check and it found a malware: C:\Temp\WPA_Kill.exe is infected with Hacktool.
I erased kill.exe, and even Symanteck Security found nothing, yet the problem persisted.
I don't really know what to do since I don't have a name for the infecting malware. Can someone please help me?
Thanks again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/my-mouse-cursor-goes-mad-171549.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Has anyone ever seen a problem where there is a little picture of a CD next to the mouse cursor, and it won't go away? We have tried changing the pointer scheme, but no luck.

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,
Dan

A:Can't get rid of CD next to mouse cursor

The obvious question iso you have a cd in the cd rom?(I know,I know,Just covering all the bases)Try this,open My Computer and right click on your cd rom, select open to see if you have any files still there from a previous read or write operation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-rid-of-cd-next-to-mouse-cursor.229983/
Relevancy 49.45%

For months I have been having problems with my cursor turning into a black square. It doesn't matter when one I use, the pointer arrow always changes to a black square when it feels like doing it.
I have to restart my computer to get it back to normal (it's a pain) everytime. I can't figure out what and why it does this...Can you please help...

A:Mouse Cursor

I would consider going to the manufacture's website and download the latest driver (if they have a newer one) and then update your driver for you mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor.118471/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ive been experiencing some weird phenomena with my mouse. Apparently the mouse would become very choppy on the screen, how ever when I scroll over to the start menu and move it around, the "highlighted" items seem to move smoothly like normal but the cursor lags behind for about a second and is very choppy. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

A:cursor lag. not mouse lag

Was it working correctly before or is this a new piece of hardware? If working correctly before what changed? Try finding an updated driver and reinstalling.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursor-lag-not-mouse-lag.396911/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi guys,
i do know that this is a common problem most likely related to ati gfx drivers and afaik has not yet been resolved.
however, you guys seem pretty awesome so i give it a shot anyways:

problem: mouse cursor gfx gets bugged playing games (heroes of newerth, starcraft 2...)happens randomly while playing, gfx for cursor are totally distorted
"wiggling" the mouse around in the top right corner eases the distortion to less ugly but at least usable to some extend
distortion prevails in all applications including desktop until restart
i was trying about with aero settings and mouse settings/drivers but to no avail.
gfx card stays nice and cool at all times, so no problem there.

does anybody know how to get rid of this?

much appreciated and thx in advance

ps: might add pictures of the distortion if needed

A:mouse cursor bugged

HI, what mouse are you using? have you got the latest drivers for it? which ati ccc are you using?, also how high are your settings in games?
Have you tried with a different mouse? is it a usb mouse have you tried a different usb port?
Just a few things to look at which also may help someone to give an answer

Raz

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/116613-mouse-cursor-bugged.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Quite frequently, usually after something CPU intensive, my mouse becomes detached from the cursor. The mouse isnt frozen, though the cursor stays in the same place, i can still move the mouse around and click things, i just dont know where im clicking. A temporary fix i have found is for me to reboot the computer. It isnt application specific because i've had it happen within various applications and games. I've tried using different mouses, but no change. Has this happened to anyone else and is there any permenant solutions that dont involve reinstalling windows?

Im running xp on a P4 3Ghz with 512mb ram

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone,
My mouse cursor freezes on the screen everyonce in a while .After I wait about 10 seconds I can move it.
I have a HP7920 and my os is Windows ME.

A:mouse cursor freezes

This is usually indicitave that your computer is busy processing something else at the time (another program)...or that your system resources are low...

To find out if either of these are the case...
1.) Reboot your computer...
2.) Right click on My Computer...
3.) Select properties...
4.) Select Performance...

If your performance is more than 85%...your computer should typically be fine. (Be aware that opening more programs throughout the day can lower this number...at that point...it should always be kept above 70%...if it's not...you should look into adding more RAM.
If your performance is less than 85% on boot...try this...

1.) Start
2.) Run
3.) Msconfig
4.) Startup...(the top right option usually...)

You're going to notice that a number of these are checked...Most of them shouldn't be...and others you might want to keep...Virtually every program puts itself here after installation, slowing your computer. Monitor this frequently...

I hope that these simple solutions help...

- David

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-freezes.117930/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am looking for a program with which i can set different cursor behavior in every program. For example, in Firefox when cursor hover a link to become a handtool, but in windows explorer when hover a link to be arrow.

Windows xp has option to set cursor type when hovering a link, but it apply to all applications.

Is there any program that can do this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-manager.1095442/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, my mouse is "crazy" is jump over my screen and use "left click" itself (i dont know if i explain it right but like its like you hit left mouse button without me doing it), i have feeling my tocuhpad is bugged since i installed windows 10 i have this problem, so now i am on widnwos 7 and still have it. I am not hittign touchpad with my fingers accidently i am playing on keyboard and mouse on my desk so my hand is not even near to my laptop, i tried to instal/unisntal drivers,  tried to dobule tap or disable touchpad from control panel -> mouse -> .. -> disable device nothing help. My touchpad turn on/off automaticly while i am not even close touching it help pls.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Jumping-mouse-cursor/td-p/5598937
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I have windows8
the problem I am having is that my fingerpad will not listen to me.
the whole page scrolls up and down when i move the finger pad
Please help me!

A:Mouse/Cursor problem

Make and Model of I assume laptop?

Have you checked the manufacturers website for an updated driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/mouse-cursor-problem-695162.html
Relevancy 49.02%

For some unknown reason, my mouse cursor is periodically jumping to various parts of the screen (usually either the upper-left, or one of the bottom corners of the screen).

This is a reallly bad thing for me since I'm a digital colorist and I use my mouse to do the work.

The thing that gets me is that I have no idea what it is. I've ran all my spy-ware and malware programs, as well as Housecall. All of those turned out clean. I've also turned off the computer, checked the connections, and swapped out mouses.

So ... if anyone could let me know, that'd be very greatly appreciated.

A:Possessed Mouse Cursor

welcome

you dont have the system overclocked do you?

otherwise here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/possessed-mouse-cursor-97902.html
Relevancy 49.02%

The mouse cursor is a few inches below where it's supposed to be.
Example: The X key on the browser.. I have to place the cursor a few inches (3-4cm) below it to close something. I can't fix this and it's annoying when recording games, making presentations, etc.

A:Mouse Cursor Problems

try sfc scan...

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245977-mouse-cursor-problems.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My mouse cursor keeps teleporting to thecorners of the screen. I would like to find out whether it is outdated mouse drivers or possible spyware infestation. An example of this would be when I'm playing Yahoo! Pyramids. The mouse cursor will teleport to the corner of the screen and because you are clicking so furiously for your game, you end up clicking after it has teleported, and closing your current window. Can someone please help me fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Fakquea.

A:Teleporting Mouse Cursor

run all the spyware tests you can find.
It might be the mouse port you are using, like an Optical using a PS/2 adapter will sometimes give this problem.
update drivers for your motherboard also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/teleporting-mouse-cursor.408745/
Relevancy 49.02%

I hope I'm putting this in the right forum. My cursor is acting like it would normally if it were in MS Word; whenever I click it on the screen (say where there's text or near pictures), it becomes a blinking black line.

A:Problem With Mouse Cursor.

What antivirus, antispyware, and firwall are you using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36498/problem-with-mouse-cursor/
Relevancy 49.02%

The mouse on my laptop has disappeared! I can start the pc and get to the screen with the date and time but can't get any farther. I do not have a touch screen! 

A:Mouse cursor disappeared

Hi @Navywife292101?,Welcome to the HP Forums! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that the touchpad on your laptop does not work. I wanted to help. Please connect an external mouse to your laptop. Start your computer, and go to the Device Manager to check the touchpad driver. What is the product number of your laptop?HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Looking forward to your reply. Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Mouse-cursor-disappeared/td-p/5462442
Relevancy 49.02%

ok i have a silly question that i really should know and did once apon a time but i have totaly forgot (as you do) here goes......
...when i move my mouse over items on the screen a box appears next to my cursor telling me what i am pointing to sort of like a help thing i guess, anyway i know this can be de-activated somewhere but i have totaly forgot how to do it,can someone tell me please i keep getting a headache lol
thanks

moony

A:mouse/cursor option

Yes this is called hover text, But i dont think you can toally disable, i know theres a way to change what it says for certain things, but not disable it.

Im googling for a tweak for it now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27896/mousecursor-option/
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm trying to find a huge mouse cursor, roughly like one thats 1/8th of a screen, I just want a really really really big mouse cursor. Where can I get one?

Relevancy 49.02%

Jeez I give my threads very generic names huh Anyway there are times that when I hover my cursor over a link my mouse will not give me the hand cursor to click on a link Instead it will give me it for about a millisecond and problems Cursor Mouse then switch to the regular cursor but flickering If I recall correctly if I go to another tab on Firefox and then back to the tab I was using it goes away Mouse Cursor problems but it s annoying Another thing that happens occasionally is that my cursor will flicker and will be difficult to control for a couple seconds Neither of these problems happen all the time but it s often once or twice a day Both go away eventually but it s happening enough to be an annoyance Are these signs that I just might need a new mouse or is it something else The mouse i m using is a MicroNV PD P optical mouse It is not a USB mouse but a jack-mouse If I get a USB mouse it will use up my only other USB slot the other being taken up by my keyboard and I won t have anything to plug my mp player or thumb drive into my computer unless I get a USB hub nbsp

A:Mouse Cursor problems

Random mouse moment does seem like the hardware portion of the mouse going, if you don't want another PS/2 mouse nor want a hub, you can alternatively go with a PCI 4 port USB card. Assuming of course you have a PCI slot open and its a desktop.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815104216

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-problems.930439/
Relevancy 49.02%

....it's ok on areas where there's no text but, as soon as the cursor goes over any text, it disappears - it's almost as though it's going behind the text.

I've checked the mouse and monitor drivers - and all seem fine.

Any ideas, anyone?

Cheers,

Karn

ps - operating system is XP Pro, SP2

A:Mouse cursor keeps disappearing.....

I'm having the same issue with a workstation on the floor here. It is running Win2K with Office 97. The cursor disappears within Outlook and the only way to get it back is to close Outlook altogether and restart it. This happens daily. Been searching the internet, and haven't really found a resolve yet. Your post is the closest I've come.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-keeps-disappearing.336795/
Relevancy 49.02%

I've got a problem where my mouse cursor radomly will move Mouse Problems Cursor all over the screen all by itsself Nothing in particular seems to trigger it and I can't find a consistant way to stop it Sometimes I can Mouse Cursor Problems stop it by left or right clicking other times that does not work I've run through all the preliminary steps and have not come up with any obvious malware I thought I'd post this here to see if there was anything hidden beneath the surface Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jenn at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C xampp apache bin apache exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files MicrosoftPCAdvisor MicrosoftPCAdvisorSrvHost exe C xampp apache bin apache exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WUSB Gv exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files Multimedia Card Reader shwicon k exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmon exe C Program Files Staples easyprint dsfhost exe C WINDOWS PixArt PAC Monitor exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Jenn Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C WINDOWS system FXSCLNT exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files iLike ilikesidebar exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files PayPal PayPal Plug-In RBroker exe C Documents and Settings Jenn Desktop malware check dds com Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uStart Page hxxp www google com ig sourceid navclient amp ie UTF- amp hl en amp source iglk uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ie mSearch Bar hxxp srch-us hpwis com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyServer localhost uInternet Settings ProxyOverride ce attbb net lt local gt localhost uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper ... Read more

Relevancy 49.02%

Lately my HP Pavilion 750n (Windows XP as the OS, 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 processor and 768 MB RAM) has developed an problem of the mouse cursor freezing. This is accompanied by a click sounding from the tower and the HD light comes on. The computer completely locks up, so I can't determine what is causing this since pressing the CTRL-ALT-DEL keys are inoperative. I have to unplug the power, then re-start to get the mouse working again. I have MSE as the security software. Scans with this show no viruses. Any idea what's going on?

A:Mouse Cursor Freezing

The HP Pavilion 750n desktop is several years old, so it's a good probability the hard drive is failing.
The freezing mouse cursor and clicking sound from inside the tower reinforces that suspicion.

If the hard drive does need replacing and you don't have the original recovery disc kit available to install Windows XP, you can purchase it here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-freezing.1035033/
Relevancy 49.02%

It's white instead of grey and 3d looking... it looks like the XP mouse cursor. I change to other styles and back but it's still not working. The preview looks like the normal aero cursor.

A:Need help | aero mouse cursor

Are you by any chance using a Non Aero Theme ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/108503-need-help-aero-mouse-cursor.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a minor but Mouse Cursor Issue irritating problem with my mouse cursor Randomly from time to time the cursor will stop and stutter when I move it across the screen Sometimes it also doesn t properly register mouse clicks Mouse Cursor Issue Sometimes it doesn t click at all and other times it thinks i have the click still held down which also causes problems I have a Logitech LX Wireless mouse right now but I was using a Microsoft wired mouse before and had the same problems I removed and updated the Logitech software and that seems Mouse Cursor Issue to have reduced the number and frequency and severity of the problems but it still occurs It happens rarely on the desktop but a lot more so in games especially games that use a mouse cursor Like Sims or World of Warcraft not games that hide the cursor like Shooters But Mouse Cursor Issue shooters have problems when the menu comes up and a cursor appears I have tried different mice all of them USB I don t have any access to a PS mouse and I really don t want to go wired because my PC setup doesn t really allow for it Windows Ultimate x build Board MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD -C MS- Megabytes Usable Installed Memory gigahertz AMD Phenom II X nbsp

A:Mouse Cursor Issue

/selfbump

I've also noticed that some of my USB devices are sharing IRQ 16 with my high def sound.

I've been having some crackling problems with my sound too so perhaps this is an issue?
Should I switch the IRQs and if so how would I do that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-issue.950192/
Relevancy 49.02%

ever since I unplugged my USB microsoft laser optical mouse and replugged it in, I haven't been able to move my mouse cursor. I restarted my computer which took me to my windows log in page but I could not move my cursor to log in. I've tried plugging in 3 mice so far, one of them being a ball mouse, but none of them move. On the laser optical mice the laser is on but the cursor does not move. I've also tried just about every USB port I have. What can I do to fix this?

A:mouse cursor issue

goto device manager click on view show hiden devices and uninstall all usb devices and reboot twice unplug usb devices before you reboot after the second restart plug them in see if that works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-cursor-issue-523898.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I know it sounds strange but my optical mouse is acting really bizarre When it s left sitting still the cursor moves on its own right now it s slowly but steadily making a jittery path toward the top of my screen The mouse itself is for the most part not working well at all Just to make it move a little bit I have to move it all the way across my mouse pad which is soft and has worked fine for other optical mice I ve used This mouse is nearly new only a few weeks old When I pick it up the light underneath flashes for Mouse Jittery Cursor a little bit then turns steady Sometimes when I pick up and set it back down this makes the jittering stop other times it causes it When I did a virus scan with AVG it reported two quot changes quot in Windows system I couldn t really tell what those changes were or how to correct them Are these things related

A:Jittery Mouse Cursor

If the mouse came with software, see if there are any updates or it. And also, if it did come with software, uninstall it, and then reboot, then reinstall it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85960/jittery-mouse-cursor/
Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry for not providing more info about this My niece has had a Toshiba notebook for a month I don t have the model number Centrino Duo Ghz Mb DDR Windows XP Media Center She was here for Thanksgiving and I was checking out the slow startup and found processes running none suspicious I ll whittle those down next month but my question concerns the cursor behavior mouse Hovering cursor When it hovers Hovering mouse cursor over a shortcut folder minimize close etc the app launches folder opens minimizes or closes without a single- or double-click I m not referring to the Hovering mouse cursor start menu If I tried to type in data I had to type fast or it would enter and go to the next page before I was done Is there some kind of touchpad Synaptics setting that would cause this She s already left so there s not much I can do about it for now I was just curious if anyone knows anything about it Thanks nbsp

A:Hovering mouse cursor

I'll whittle those down next month, = Does this mean you can not work on this until next month?

Can I make a suggestion and this is just to save this from getting buried in the pile here. Post about this when you have the laptop in hand. Believe me it will go faster.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hovering-mouse-cursor.520809/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone, Im having a peculiar problem with my mouse cursor. Im sure you all are familiar with your mouse showing a block of text when you scroll over a link or something like that. On a normal computer the link disappears after you remove the cursor from the link. On MY computer the link continues to pop up no matter if you cursor is on the link or not.

The web page does not matter, the block of text will continue to pop up regardless of what web page you are on, unless you scroll over a new link in which case it will change to that text instead of the one you had before.

This has been happening for quite some time and gets very annoying when the preview text is exceptionally long...

HELP!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-cursor-issue-446276.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hello community

I experienced many x that whenever I booted up my XP Pro Win, the mouse cursor was OK, but whenever I opened up an application, example Excel 2003, the cursor just would not move at all. Can community please help to explain to me, what can cause the Mouse not "wanting" to respond?

Is it because a) Mouse connection not good
Mouse driver not compatible with OS (currently my Mouse is those Plug N Play type)
c) something is not right with my OS ?

currently I am using the optical mouse. Is there any differences between the optical mouse (wired) and those with a roller ball ?

thanks community with help rendered and much appreciated

A:Mouse Cursor "jammed"

Hey Welcome to BleepingComputer...

There is one definite difference between a roller ball mouse and an optical mouse, you do not have to clean the mouse ball.<G> Actually they are better in a long way.

There can be a lot of reasons your mouse can be hesitating or waiting to move. The system could be overloaded and it might be delaying the mouse to the mouse could be defective. If you have another mouse it does not matter if it is a roller mouse please shut down the computer and try the other mouse and see if it hesitates, if it does not then shut down the computer and switch the mouse around so the optical mouse is on board and then reboot and try it.

Also what might be handy is what kind and model number is the optical mouse? It might need a driver installed. Go to the manufacturers web site and download a new updated driver and install it.

Also you might want to turn your mouse upside down and see if the red light is not obstructed in any way. I had a friend that had a problem and it turned out his kid put the mouse down on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The kid must have thought the mouse was hungry.<G> If the mouse is dirty in some way turn off the computer and clean the bottom with a soft cotton cloth, q-tip and alcohol.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/66435/mouse-cursor-jammed/
Relevancy 49.02%

I've been having this annoying problem with the mouse cursor. Out of hte blue, it changes. I use the standard windows cursors, and somehow the text selection cursor (the vertical bar with a footer and a header) or the link selection one (the hand with a finger) is changed by the "move window" one (a four direction arrow). I dont know why this happens or what, if someone could lend me a hand here cause i'ts really annoying, even if it doesn't causes any real harm.

Thanks.
Rica

A:mouse cursor problem

This is being addressed in this thread http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=122069

Plz refrain from posting multiple threads.

This thread will be closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-cursor-problem-122147.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello!

Ok....Windows 7 Ultimate....mouse cursor goes where it wants to when started normally.

I have tried everything from several different mice (meeces!) including one with an old trackball and ones that are either wired or wireless.

Sometimes if I just leave it alone for a bit it will come back to normal for a brief period of time but then will start malfunctioning again.

It almost seems like it is actually a physical problem as sometimes I can tip my old d620 and the cursor will slide back down into the screen. Also, SOMETIMES when I touch the bottom right of the screen the cursor works properly for a few seconds....same with the area directly under where your left hand would rest.....but these are VERY temporary fixes to what is a long term and frustrating issue.

No virus comes up during a check so................please help

A:Erratic Mouse Cursor

Are you in the habit of using the computer with music in the background?
Does the mouse behave if you turn the music off?
If so, turn off any 'Alternative input' methods or Speech recognition options in

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items >Speech recognition
or
Control Panel > Appearance & Personalisation > Ease of Access Center

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/erratic-mouse-cursor-671797.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone I encountered a very strange issue with my mouse cursor today and can't seem to find a similar thread I recently upgraded Cursor Win Pro woes Mouse 7 to using a quot K Samsung TV as my primary display for my PC All was well until Mouse Cursor woes Win 7 Pro I decided I wanted to make my mouse cursor larger I went into the ease of access and tried to enlarge the pointer but as soon as I applied the setting the Mouse Cursor woes Win 7 Pro black outline around my mouse vanished making it invisible on a white background I attempted to change it back to default and then to the extra large black one The black one now displays as only a white outline I went into the mouse settings and tried to change it there but had the same results I will attach pics of my mouse settings in the control panel The outline returns when I set the resolution down to p but it doesnt make sense that the cursor worked on k resolution for several days then stopped when I changed the settings in quot ease of access quot Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Mouse Cursor woes Win 7 Pro

Try the System Scheme one or the Inverted ones which are also pretty handy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/364000-mouse-cursor-woes-win-7-pro.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I can get my cursor to move up and down, but it will not move from left to right or at any angle. My roommate has set up the computer so that she can use the keypad to move the cursor instead of using the mouse. I have had this setup in the past with no problems. I have to use the keypad to move sideways or at any angle. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this problem. It is making it difficult and sometimes impossible to perform certain tasks such as gaming.

A:mouse or cursor problem

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel
Within the Control Panel open "Accessibility Options"
Click the Mouse Tab
Uncheck the "Use Mouse Keys" box

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-or-cursor-problem.894474/
Relevancy 49.02%

Im playing Oblivion and for some reason my mouse cursor will freeze every 10 seconds or so while the game continues and then will unfreeze... This is very frustrating and makes me not want to play... Is their any way to fix this problem? I ran disk defragment, I ran disk clean up. I checked my mouses drivers they are up to date... I have no idea why its doing this except maybe some mods I downloaded is making this happen, if so is their any way to fix this without deactivating my mods or re installing the game?

A:Mouse cursor freezes

hmmm an odd one, have u tried another USB port?
i had problems with oblivion too with regards to my char moving in slow motion, turned out to be my control pad i had plugged in that i use for racing games, i unplugged it and not had an issue since. do u have any other controller hardware plugged in? if so unplug it and see if it helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-freezes.1015790/
Relevancy 49.02%

sometime my mouse cursor change into like this

after restart or 30min the cursor come back to normal. Is there anything seriously wrong with my computer?

A:Weird mouse cursor

Try changing the pointer to something else - just as a test.

You might also see if some app is causing this but running without most of your extra apps:
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/287774-weird-mouse-cursor.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm not certain how to describe this well, but:

Often my mouse cursor jumps either up or to the right, while I'm using it normally.

I don't know what to make of this, but it's becoming a tedious problem. Help, please!

A:Mouse Cursor Jumping

Open Control Panel, Mouse icon, and check your mouse settings.

Also, IF you use a ball-mouse, when is the last time you cleaned it?

Ball-mice have to be cleaned, the rubber ball and all wheels inside the mouse (lint, etc). Just remember to do this with your system off.

This is why laser mice are better, no cleaning.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-cursor-jumping-361903.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Nice people of bleeping I ran spyware blaster spybot and ad-ware Here is hijackyhis log and combofix log Please help The mouse cursor seems to have a mind of it's own It jumps all around the screen and I am unable to control it most of the time Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System Of It's Cursor Mouse Own Mind svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXEC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC My Downloads gettygo exe aka hijackthis O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Mouse Cursor Mind Of It's Own Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD Mouse Cursor Mind Of It's Own - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D Mouse Cursor Mind Of It's Own - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com microsoftu b O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com microsoftu b O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft AB - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeO - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeO - Service Norton Unerase Protection NProtectService - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXEO - Service ScriptBlocking Service SBService - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SCRIPT SBServ execombofix ComboFix - - - Vinny - - - FAT x Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running from C Documents and Settings Vinny Desktop ComboFix exe Created a new restore point Other Deletions C Documents and Settings LocalService Application Data NetMonC Documents and Settings LocalService Application Data NetMon domains txtC Documents and Settings LocalService Application Data NetMon log txt Files Created from - - to - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Common Files Wise Installation Wizard - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Lavasoft - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Vinny Application Data AdobeUM Find M Report - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Nullsoft - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Real - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Real - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files AOL - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Norton SystemWorks - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Symantec - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Plus - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files InstallShield - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync - - --sh--w C VIDEOROM BIN - - --sh--w C Program Files desktop ini - - ----a-w C Program Files folder htt - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Java - - ----a-w C WINDOWS system dllcache cdm dll - - ----a-w C WINDOWS system cdm dll - - ----a-w C WINDOWS system wuapi dll - - ----a-w C WINDOWS syst... Read more

A:Mouse Cursor Mind Of It's Own

Sorry for the delayed response but the Hijackthis forum has been extremely busy as of late and we are all volunteers.Your log looks clean. While researching, I get conflicting info on this file: GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT which is located in the C:\Documents and Settings\Vinny\Application Data\ folder.Go to jotti's virusscan or virustotal.com. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.Post back with the results of the file analysis.When did this problem first begin? Are you using a wireless mouse?Have you confirmed that the mouse works on another machine? It is possible the mouse could be defective. Have you checked for low batteries which can result in weak or mixed signals that can affect the functionality of your mouse? Have you tried using a another mouse on your machine or a PS2 adapter on your USB mouse?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113453/mouse-cursor-mind-of-its-own/
Relevancy 49.02%

Very frequently my mouse cursor is disappearing. Sometimes the cursor is there but won't move.   I have to reboot the computer to get it back. My computer is a desktop that was built by a friend of mine  3 years ago. It was a gaming computer. I had Windows 7 on it but upgraded to W10 earlier in the year. About  2 weeks ago there were some updates done automatically. The disappearing cursor started Sunday. I searched for this problem but the only thing I found were some programs to download to fix the problem. The mouse is USB hard wired.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158390.0.html
Relevancy 49.02%

A few days ago I uploaded some video clips off my camera onto my son s laptop soon after the mouse cursor started going crazy darting around the screen with a mind of it s own The mouse itself is a little button in the middle of the help!!! mouse Please Crazy cursor... keyboard I plugged in another mouse using usb port this pretty much Crazy mouse cursor... Please help!!! does the same although after a while messing around with it it ll work for a while but frequently goes crazy and darts about I m hopeless with all this technical stuff but since there wasn t a problem until I uploaded the video clips and also that the usb mouse does the same I m guessing there s some kind of virus I have Spyware Terminator running but didn t realise until this happened that it was unsupported and needed updating to a newer version I ve since done this and ran a full scan it isn t finding anything I ve searched the problem and most of the results come back saying there is some kind of virus I then download the recommended tool to find and remove it but nothing comes up Whilst I ve been trying to fix this problem I ve noticed that all my system restore points have gone leaving just one from the either the day the problem occurred or the day before I ve tried this but still the mouse dances about the screen Please someone help me fix this it s driving me crazy not to mention the fact that this is my son s laptop He s not impressed lol I m running Windows XP and all that I can see on this laptop is the name COMPAQ and Evo N c Thanks in advance for any help suggestions Clare x nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crazy-mouse-cursor-please-help.905502/
Relevancy 49.02%

while playing a game on mt computer (running windows7) the cursor froze exactly in the middle of my screen. its not the mouse because it can still click and the lights are working and i have tried 2 other mouses (mice) can someone please offer some advice please

Nathan schlen

A:mouse cursor stuck please help

anyone have an idea its driving me crazy using mouse keys

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-cursor-stuck-please-help-547681.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

(New to this forum please forgive me if this is in the wrong place)

I have had many problems with my computer in the past many I could either terminate or live with, recently my mouse has started being glitchy or something, I have tried looking for viruses and living with it, no viruses found and i can't live with this.

Say I move my mouse down toward the start button, it takes a while because it would either fly into another corner or glitch and not move at all, sorry I have very little information of this.

-TroyErvin

A:Mouse/Cursor Error

If you are using a ball mouse it probably has picked up trash that is causing this. CLean the rollers. Sounds like a hair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-error.743637/
Relevancy 49.02%

my mouse has been acting weird it's moving to the Cursor Going Mouse Crazy leftmost or to the rightmost side and does not follow me i have run an updated avg scan i'm quite sure it's not my mouse coz after i bought a new one it's still the same please help me Deckard's System Mouse Cursor Going Crazy Scanner v Run by samling on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Configured AVG - - UTC - RP - Installed AVG - - UTC - RP - Removed Kaspersky Anti-Virus - - UTC - RP - Removed Nero Premium-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Installed AVG Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup System Drive C has GiB less than free -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS system smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgam exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system ati evxx exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings samling Desktop dss exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http rapidnews org R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ieR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q sR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ieR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ieF - system ini Shell explorer exe C WINDOWS system lsass exeF - REG system ini Shell explorer exe C WINDOWS system lsass exeF - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe peanut batO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO IEHlprObj Class - CE C CF - B - D -ABED- C - C WINDOWS system ieso dll file missing O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run RavAV C WINDOWS RavMonE exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM... Read more

A:Mouse Cursor Going Crazy

Hi,

The forums are really busy, that explains why logs get behind. If you still need some help, please start with posting a new log in this thread. Don't start with a new thread.
Then I'll take a look.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146473/mouse-cursor-going-crazy/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,
This is a solution for this annoying problem, hitting so many pcīs, usually after Windows Vista upgrade to SP2, which makes the Mouse cursor arrow flicker like crazy.
I made this to a laptop Asus with Ati Radeon X2300 graphic card bundled.

Go to Execute and write msconfig, look after services panel and deactivate Ati External Event Utility. Close aplication after save the changes, click optionaly "donīt show this again", restart computer and thatīs done.
You may get a msconfig window notice, just click "donīt show this again", and close the window.

Wish you all the best

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-flickering.864208/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an intermittent problem with a mouse My system is Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon TM XP x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total Galloping cursor mouse - MB Free - Galloping mouse cursor MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC A V -X Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled The problem is that at times when my mouse is at rest the cursor will move on the screen usually straight upwards until it hits the edge of the screen The travel is relatively quick going from one edge of the screen to the other within say seconds time When I try to use the mouse to point at a line or spot I have difficulty holding it in position long enough to click Usually if I restart once or twice the problem corrects itself and the cursor stabilizes I am using a USB optical mouse so there is no question of batteries wearing out Fortunately the problem does not occur most of the time - perhaps once a week I have no idea if this is a mouse driver problem or a problem with my graphics card or nbsp

A:Galloping mouse cursor

Typical cause is a mouse issue. For wireless mice, it could be the batteries. Otherwise it could simply be a faulty mouse. Best test is to simply try using a different mouse. You could also test that mouse on a different PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/galloping-mouse-cursor.1107213/
Relevancy 49.02%

Ok so this is my problem:
My mouse is connected, and I think it has the right driver as well since it worked yesterday evening. But the thing is that it still works, but the cursor is just invisible. i.e. when I scroll over something it lights up or so but the white arrow thingey is just gone and it is really annoying to browse sites with Tab and Shift+Tab lol...

Someone help me plz

(sorry if this is the wrong place to put it)

A:Help! My mouse cursor isn't showing up!

Hi

Control panel > mouse >pointers.

Change the scheme to anything and change it back to defaults....

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-mouse-cursor-isnt-showing-up.81013/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello. I have a lot of problems with my mouse and keyboard. It started a few weeks ago I sat with Windows XP. The mouse cursor was really tough and stuck often. Could not play any computer games. But as Windows 7 Beta came out and I installed it.

After 1-2veckor now I still have the same problem fixed in Windows 7 Beta. The keyboard has also been slow to react or not react at all when I press a key. The problem has also begin to happen on my Borsa computer. We have scanned for both viruses and spyware, but something like this, we have not.

Note that I also sit with Windows XP, not just only Windows 7 Beta.

I am so grateful if someone can help me with this.

A:Mouse cursor trouble

Hi, Have you tried either re-installing the keyboard and mouse drivers or searching for updates to them?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-cursor-trouble-353343.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When i restart my PC i type my password in and everything loads fine except there is no mouse cursor at all, i tested holding mouse down and doing drag boxes and nothing happens. I have to unplug and replugin the mouse to get it to appear and work. I tried a registry tweak to disable CursorSupression and all that did was place a cursor in the middle of my screen that is still completely unresponsive. I tried multiple mouses and nothing worked. The only recent change i did to this computer was upgrading the main display to a 4k panel. I also noticed after replugging the mouse and getting it to work again that it acts funny when im playing GTA5. Normally in borderless windowed mode the mouse is locked to the game. Since this problem started happening the mouse will just freely go over to a different monitor if i aim in the same direction too far.

A:Mouse cursor gone when restarting

After upgrading to the 4K display, is that when this problem happened?

Make sure your monitor resolution is set to high and that you're running the latest graphics driver.

What mouse are you using? Are you using the correct drivers/software to go with it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/mouse-cursor-gone-when-restarting-1015426.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I hope you all can help me. This just started within the last day. I was typing an email and after a couple of sentences, the cursor disappeared, and the words I was typing stopped appearing on the screen! I had to click that spot with my mouse to get the cursor back so that I could continue typing. Does anyone know why this is happening - and what I can do to solve it?

Thank you!

A:Problem With Cursor/Mouse

I don't know what to do about this occasionally 'disappearing cursor.' Doesn't anyone have any suggestions? Please???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-cursor-mouse-72085.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Does anyone know how to stop the popup note when you point your cursor at something? Man, that is annoying. Windows Xp home edition. Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi

Sometimes when i watch a movie in ect wmp or streams something on the net, then my mouse cursor often goes ape :s It turns in to a thin line or either it shows up like it has been in a blender because its messed up. Normaly it fixes with a reboot or if i am lucky then i can try click around a bit or open and close folders, then it turns normal again.

I have a radeon 4800 1 gb ddram and i have tryed with uniblue, ccleaner, Seach and destroy. scandisk, defrag and clear temp folders.

I tryed to update every single program and drivers, but i have a clue that it could be related to codex packs.. I use K-Lite newest. I tryed to remove and install K lite over and over, but this problems is still driving me nutz.

A:Mouse cursor problems

It could be the media player as you stated. So, go ahead and download and install VLC player as it needs no codecs, plus it plays pretty much everything

Here you go: VLC media player - Open Source Multimedia Framework and Player

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/258546-mouse-cursor-problems.html
Relevancy 49.02%

All of a sudden my mouse and cursor seem to be working against each other. When I use mouse to point cursor at something the cursor remains in place. I have to keep moving mouse up and down and around in circles until cursor finally locks on and I can then point it to where I want to go. Needless to say this is really frustrating. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 49.02%

Recently i updated my laptop but after i did i couldnt run some of my games and programs So i used system restore which helped fix the problem but my system slowed down and now im stuck with a cursor thats always loading with the blue circle next to it. im assume thats the reason my computers cpu is so high, maybe a program is trying to start up? Anyway Help with fixing this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A:My Mouse Cursor is always Loading

Hi,

I had the same issue on my Win7x64, and I struggled a few weeks until i solved it!
There is no straight solution to that issue, it could be many things, and I hope I can help!
In my case it was Office and its process : MSOSYNC.exe (depending on how many Office version you have installed, there might be one or more of these MSOSYNC.exe running,in my case I had two one for Office14 ond teh other for Office15, located in two different locations.)
The process itself is not the issue, you just need to check if you have following folder in your system: "OfficeFileCache" :--> "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\OfficeFileCache" (Office15)
and or : "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\14.0\OfficeFileCache" (Office 14), if you have this folder "OfficeFileCache" just delete it! Keep the process running! No need to restart! In my case the cursor stopped loading (blue circle) instantly!

I find it out by myself, by looking in the "Task Manager > Processes" Tab if there was a Processes popping up every now and then! And that was the case! I had constantly two Processes running named "MSOSYNC.exe" and every now and then a third Process named "MSOSYNC.exe", then I did a little search and voilat.
So if this will not solve your issue, that means that another process is causing the issue, so:Open "TaskManager > Processes" Tab
Look carefully if a new Process is being launched every now and then (the list of "Processes" will not be static but moving and the scrollbar will become a bit smaller then bigger again when the process is killed automatically).
Look for its name and search on Internet
Suggestion:
What it also could be is:NVidia Driver Up to date (if you have NVidia)
Wacom Tablet Driver Up to date (if you have any Wacom Tablet)
WiFi Printer Driver Up to date (if you have any WiFi printer)
WiFi Printer process looking up for Printer IP Address (if not set as static in the router)

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/364074-my-mouse-cursor-always-loading.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey everyone!

My mouse cursor sticks in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, where the Recycle Bin is. It only happens when I go in to the corner fast, and it sticks in different places in the corner, not just the exact same one.

On a side note, I now have a cordless mouse, and sometimes it doesn't respond, whereas my corded mouse never had that problem. However, the first problem also happened with the corded mouse.

Thanks!

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi My computer seems to have become infected with some type of worm The effect it is having is that the mouse cursor has turned into a square shaped Malware Mouse Ect. Cursor, icon Mouse Cursor, Ect. Malware that is reminiscent of multi-colored television static Also the computer will not decode any type of video files properly although audio does not seem to be affected Mouse Cursor, Ect. Malware It seems to also be effecting certain programs i e they just do not work properly Anyway I know this is kind of a vague description but it is all that I know Below is a current Hijack This log I appreciate your help Thanks a lot Tim HJ Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WUSB Gv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X printray exe C PROGRA LEXMAR ACMonitor X -X exe C PROGRA LEXMAR AcBtnMgr X -X exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C Program Files HP DVD Umbrella DVDTray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files AOL waol exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings CMDR Local Settings Application Data svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files AOL shellmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashSimpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse POINT EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL Topspeed aoltpsd exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ask com o O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLL O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLL O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe r O - HKLM Run CTDVDDET C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run SBDrvDet C Program Files Creative SB Drive Det SBDrvDet exe r O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSof... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-ect-malware.729097/
Relevancy 49.02%

My Laptop is years older -Toshiba Satellite A - In these times at least more than times I formatted with MS Windows XP-SP having a problem that mouse cursor blinking fast and it will stop for while when using Esc amp Ctrl but its irritating me because I couldn t able to watch movie or any videos coz all of like Blinking Cursor Mouse hanging and I keep pressing Esc or Ctrl button I formatted again noted that during XP installation the mouse cursor is keep blinking -o I believed its Trojan so better to remove the HD I brought new HD and installed XP and showing same while installation mouse cursor is blinking after installation now cursor blinking style is different its now playing like am using old PC blinking for a while and hangs up after that I can work for maximum minutes without problem Also I couldn t able to copy or paste In these times I tried scanning with type of Antivirus Security Essential TNS Avira bt could nt find any virus So pls advise if der z any solution nbsp

A:Mouse Cursor Blinking

Hey...my question again in clearly

My System is Toshiba Satellite A110-195, Windows XP Professional-SP3, 32 bit, 2 GB of RAM, Windows Security Essentials & Avast anti-virus.

My mouse cursor keep flashes (normal icon) even system in Idle, if press Ctrl or Esc button it will stop for a while, I thought its happening because of virus and re-installed XP but still same, however I changed HD and installed XP and I noticed that the cursor keep blinking during installation.

Any ideas on why this is happening? I have seen lots of posts tried every possible solution available on internet forums.

There is no problem if am using Linux version with USB or CD.
There is no virus found after full scan.
I uninstalled & installed mouse driver.
In Control Panel adjusted the speed of Mouse and enhance pointer precision.
I check in the Task Manager what Processes are going on, here find the below that.
svchost.exe = 6 nos. (Local Service 2, System 2,Network Service 2) )
MsMpEng.exe = System
explorer.exe = user
avastUI.exr = user
spoolsv.exe = System
NBService.exe = System
AvastSvc.exe = System
csrss.exe = System
Winlogon.exe = System
alg.exe = Local Service
aqlwrite.exe = system
TctrlIoHook.exe = User
Igfxtray.exe = User
Services.exe = System
Crypserv.exe = System
ctfmon.exe = User
TPTray.exe = User
igfxpers.exe = User
hkcmd.exe = User
mscorsvw.exe = system
wscnfy.exe = User
Issass.exe = systems
qlservr.exe = Network services
mss.exe = System
TPSBattM.exe = User
System Idle process = System (CPU 80-99, mem usage 16 k)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-blinking.1071684/
Relevancy 49.02%

First post here to the forum Aloha or Problem?? Mouse Cursor everyone I have been experiencing problems with either the mouse cursor What it s doing is Sometimes recognizing the click command and then freezing on the next click I will go to the task bar and right click then I will be able to move along As I am moving around through programs or the internet where the cursor may be at on the screen it brings up the quot right click quot boxes Mouse or Cursor Problem?? interferes with what I m trying to do Sometimes it interferes with anything I may be trying to type in search areas in this post etc I ve restored my C drive still the problem exist I ve done a full scan through AVG and found a Mouse or Cursor Problem?? couple of Trojans which have been removed I don t know what else to do and cannot find anything simular on searches Any help WILL be greatly appreciated Sorry If I haven t given enough info or too much but this problem I ve never seen or heard of nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-or-cursor-problem.795573/
Relevancy 49.02%

hi there back again with one more problem lately i bought a microsoft basic optical mouse and i getting annoying cursor jump all over the screen at first i thought it was a problematic product so i gave it back and they replaced it but i kept on having the exact same problem i run winxp cursor jumps mouse around sp P via motherboard mb ram and i do not use any drivers as it is recognised a ps compatible i tried to use it on different surfaces good quality pad wooden surface bla bla bla but the problem was still there with my old mouse which mouse cursor jumps around has a rollerball i do not have any of these jumping around i also sending my hijackthis startup list it might help you out StartupList report StartupList version Started from F DOWNLOADS PROGRAMS HijackThis EXE Detected Windows XP SP WinNT mouse cursor jumps around Detected Internet Explorer v SP Using default options Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS PowerS exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo FastTVSync FastTVSync exe C WINDOWS essspk exe C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe C Program Files SlySoft CloneCD CloneCDTray exe C Program Files OteCount OteCount mouse cursor jumps around exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files Prolink PlayTV Pro TVRMVCR EXE C PROGRA INTERV WINDVD SchSvr exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe F DOWNLOADS PROGRAMS HijackThis exe -------------------------------------------------- Listing of startup folders Shell folders Common Startup C Documents and Settings All Users Start Menu Programs Startup InterVideo WinCinema Manager lnk C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE Remote Controller lnk C Program Files Prolink PlayTV Pro TVRMVCR EXE -------------------------------------------------- Checking Windows NT UserInit HKLM Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run PowerS C WINDOWS PowerS exe FastTVSync quot C Program Files Common Files InterVideo FastTVSync FastTVSync exe quot CloneCDElbyCDFL quot C Program Files Elaborate Bytes CloneCD ElbyCheck exe quot L ElbyCDFL NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup nwiz nwiz exe install EssSpkPhone essspk exe NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON navapw exe NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe CloneCDTray quot C Program Files SlySoft CloneCD CloneCDTray exe quot s -------------------------------------------------- Autorun entries from Registry HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run OteCount C Program Files OteCount OteCount exe -------------------------------------------------- Shell amp screensaver key from C WINDOWS SYSTEM INI Shell INI section not found SCRNSAVE EXE INI section not found drivers INI section not found Shell amp screensaver key from Registry Shell Explorer exe SCRNSAVE EXE C WINDOWS System logon scr drivers Registry value not found Policies Shell key HKCU Policies Shell Registry key not found HKLM Policies Shell Registry value not found -------------------------------------------------- Enumerating Browser Helper Objects NAV Helper - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B -------------------------------------------------- Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs Symantec NetDetect job -------------------------------------------------- Enumerating Download Program Files Shockwave ActiveX Control InProcServer C WINDOWS system Macromed Director SwDir dll CODEBASE http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs... Read more

A:mouse cursor jumps around

most optical mouse's software have orientation devices in the control panel once the software is installed yea they work without it but my experience is they work better with the software installed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-jumps-around.201317/
Relevancy 49.02%

Alright, everytime i move my mouse cursor to the right side of the screen it goes off it and i have to move it back and sometimes i loose it. This also happens with any kind of window i have up. I can move it off the screen, but it only does it on the right side of the screen. Can anyone help?

A:Mouse cursor goes off screen

Do you have your screen adjusted right? It's possible to set a monitor so the image is too big to fit on the screen, and if so, this would let the mouse "dissapear" off the edge(s). Also, do you have a second monitor connected, if your computer detects two displays it could set the image to "horizontal span," which would make one image from two monitors, letting the mouse move between them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-cursor-goes-off-screen.49212/
Relevancy 49.02%

I've seen the mouse switch to the spinner when the computer is booting up but I've noticed lately that the computer can be on for hours with nothing running but the mouse just sits and spins. Has anyone seen this? Any ideas why it's doing this?

A:Mouse cursor just spins

A couple of question.
1. What mouse are you using?
2. How do you know nothing is running? What method do you use to check.
I'm presuming you are meaning the cursor on your desktop. The little arrow.

Please do this so we know what computer you are using.

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276938-mouse-cursor-just-spins.html
Relevancy 49.02%

A Toshiba Laptop running XP Media Edition mouse cursor occasionally flips out. What happens, is it just starts jumping vertically up and down the screen. There is nothing I can do to try to take control. I have to power off the laptop and start up again. I tried disabling the touchpad and use a USB Mouse but the same thing occurs with that.

Any ideas,

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-cursor-flips-out.733502/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just found that when I try and click on something with my lft mouse button, a big plus sign comes up. I'm unable to highlight anything or even click on it. I usually am able to find something to help by googling the problem, but I can't select anything, so came here for help.
thanks.

A:problems with my mouse cursor

Searching I found this Mouse Left Click ProblemHope it helps you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/229145/problems-with-my-mouse-cursor/
Relevancy 49.02%

In the past days I've tried won't move cursor Mouse different mouses on my computer however none of them can seem to move my cursor When Mouse cursor won't move I press left right and the stroller button it sometimes works so I know that the problem is not with my mouse I've been navigating with my keyboard and my pen tablet which is extremely awkward because it's made for drawing I'd love to have my cursor back but I honestly have no clue what the issue is I'm always scanning for viruses so I'm unsure if that is the problem Windows will recognize the device as it displays it in my device manager As a note I've tried USB mouses and one PS mouse No dice However when I move my cursor with my pen tablet it works absolutely fine Does anyone know the solution It's driving me up the wall ahaha If this thread is in the wrong place please point me in the correct direction Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/396065-mouse-cursor-wont-move.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello again,

My computer is using Windows 7 and primarily uses Firefox (although Internet Explorer is used sometimes)

My mouse cursor moved on its own while I had firefox open, managed with difficulty (not smooth moves, back and forth movements) to open two tabs and then highlighted the address bar. I closed the page immediately and the cursor stopped moving on its own after that. Before this happened, I had my laptop on my lap before putting it on a table (and then the cursor started havng a life of its own).

I have had a series of problems with my laptop:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic449216.html
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic448636.html/page__p__2651806__fromsearch__1#entry2651806

I was wondering if my computer got hacked and if I should start on a clean slate.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449390/mouse-cursor-moved-on-it/
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate onto a Dell Latitude XT, the old OS was Windows Vista. During the driver installation process I noticed that the mouse cursor had acquired a bug, it would jitter when at rest after a restart and was unresponsive until I entered the password, then it responded to mouse commands and when moved stopped jittering. It also did it when a dialog box would open asking for a response, I had to use the arrows to select no or yes, then it would stop jittering. Please help

A:jittery mouse cursor

Hi is the mouse wire free or built in check to see if you have installed the latest drivers for the mouse.
if wire free uninstall it in control panel and use the disc that came with it as when you updated the drivers might not have done so or Microsoft put its own drivers in

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/125972-jittery-mouse-cursor.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi This forum is like a paradise for the people Moves Away Cursor Mouse who are using Windows or If i have few software open and same time i open Mouse Cursor Moves Away the file explorer on the top of it and by using external or internal mouse try to select Mouse Cursor Moves Away my HDD or USB drives on the left pane the mouse cursor always jump away from the file explorer window all the actions are Desktop version i am talking about And i need to minimize all other software in order to select click C D or my USB flash drives It drive me crazy It happens in other places of file explorer as well Like if i try to attach a file to email and dialog box where it has paths to HDD the same thing happens Is it a bug how to fix it is it fixable or not I am Mouse Cursor Moves Away using Window Lenovo Yoga Pro Intel i I hope to get the help from the great expertise here

A:Mouse Cursor Moves Away

Welcome to Windows EightForums, bobby786.

Have you tried this?

Mouse Cursor Behaves Erratically

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45348-mouse-cursor-moves-away.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Anyone know of some links to download mouse cursors for Win 8?

A:mouse cursor links?

Originally Posted by Artoo

Anyone know of some links to download mouse cursors for Win 8?

Just visit Customization - Windows 8 Forums there's some amazing staff people are doing and showing.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46462-mouse-cursor-links.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My cursor doesn't move as far as my mouse and consequently I'm running off of the mouse pad and repositioning the mouse all the time - very annoying. This is anew emachines computer with Windows 7, but the same wireless mouse and keyboard I've always used. Help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Cursor / Mouse problem

Welcome Mickey

Go to control panel>mouse , Set speed to your preference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/59825-cursor-mouse-problem.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When i restart my PC i type my password in and everything loads fine except there is no mouse cursor at all, i tested holding mouse down and doing drag boxes and nothing happens. I have to unplug and replugin the mouse to get it to appear and work. I tried a registry tweak to disable CursorSupression and all that did was place a cursor in the middle of my screen that is still completely unresponsive. I tried multiple mouses and nothing worked. The only recent change i did to this computer was upgrading the main display to a 4k panel. I also noticed after replugging the mouse and getting it to work again that it acts funny when im playing GTA5. Normally in borderless windowed mode the mouse is locked to the game. Since this problem started happening the mouse will just freely go over to a different monitor if i aim in the same direction too far.

A:Mouse cursor gone when restarting

The clue for me is your use of the word "restart". Try disabling fast boot so that it slows boot down enough to stop it missing out your mouse during the boot sequence. My wife's keyboard kept getting "lost" during boot until we disabled fast boot.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68346-mouse-cursor-gone-when-restarting.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hi
suddenly my mouse cursor is (stucked), even i have restarted the system mouse cursor is not working please give me the solution
thanks
Ramesh

A:Mouse Cursor Stucked

Try your mouse on another computer, or try a different mouse on your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-cursor-stucked-239090.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there,

My mouse cursor freezes once every ~30s for about 1~2s. It doesn't happen all the time, but I suspect it might happen because of the usage of postgreSQL, as I've seen 2 other people with the same problem who also used it.

I have tested another mouse, the problem persists. I've tried updating mouse/USB drivers as well, nothing helped.

My trackpad, however, doesn't stop working at any time.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Mouse cursor freezing

Interesting how when you tested another mouse the issue persisted, but it works with the trackpad. Are both mice you tried (non-trackpad) wired or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-cursor-freezing.203256/
Relevancy 49.02%

SO I HAVE THIS WEIRD PROBLEM FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS I TRIED TO CHANGE MY MOUSE AND INSTALL A NEW COPY OF WINDOWS BUT THE PROBLEM STAYS .. The problem is that the left click is posing as right click and right click is dead (when i press it nothing happens ) Mod Edit: Removed HJT data, malware tool which is not allowed/used in this forum ~ Hamluis.

A:Mouse Cursor Problem

Hi and Welcome -
Have you been to Control Panel and checked the Mouse Settings ??
You can swap Left and Right buttons, or chance the way it generally responds - Did you get an install CD with the mouse ??

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451039/mouse-cursor-problem/