Windows Support Forum

Finally fixed my network speed issue.

Q: Finally fixed my network speed issue.

Using all available win previews and now the official public release I have had mbps speeds on my LAN til yesterday when I Finally network fixed my issue. speed set jumbo frames to ON and k size I didn't try any other I just used the largest BAM My full normal gigabit speeds are back once again I find myself dumb founded as to what Microsoft has done to a working network architecture to break it so badly that shares speed and availability are Finally fixed my network speed issue. now nearly broke NEVER have I ever had to use jumbo frames on any PC or OS in fact doing so previously has made zero difference in throughput i love windows for what they did but it's actually worse than windows on many levels I won't go back to Win yet if at all I am just baffled why they did what they did for the home and pro versions Sure make enterprise have a newish type of network architecture because businesses are going to do a complete review due up all of their PCs way home user is going to do one they're going to use Windows be immediately turned off because the networking doesn't work very well if it all

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Finally fixed my network speed issue.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Finally fixed my network speed issue.

Still strange, though, as my adapter has Jumbo Frames disabled and it runs 1Gig no sweat.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/13618-finally-fixed-my-network-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 103.2%

Well after trying a zillion fixes for the Network issue on my Windows Pro Anniversary system which none of them worked I finally formatted the drive and done a clean USB install of Windows Pro Anniversary And now I can see my computer under the quot Network quot and I can see all others finally Network issue fixed that are connected I can also access the other computers laptop with Windows Home and old XP Pro server and transfer files So it is plain to see that when I done a USB upgrade of the Anniversary update to overwrite that it corrupted the Network files Also the laptop was upgraded the same way instead of waiting for the update to come through windows update and I am still getting the same errors when I Network issue finally fixed try to connect to the other computers from the laptop So it looks like I am going to do a clean install on the laptop to fix the network issues there If I get time over the next few days I will do that and post back here with results cheers

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62642-network-issue-finally-fixed.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Microsoft has finally fixed the freezing issue in the Windows Anniversary Update Last month we reported that many users were Windows the in Anniversary 10 Update fixed issue the has Microsoft finally freezing experiencing freezing issues on their PCs after the Windows Anniversary Update Microsoft later confirmed the issue stating that it was impacting a quot small number quot of users and posted workarounds until a fix could be made available The problem Microsoft has finally fixed the freezing issue in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update usually involved a system freeze after logging in which rendered Microsoft has finally fixed the freezing issue in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update the device unresponsive Microsoft stated that this occurred due to the apps and operating system being installed on separate drives Now after nearly one month the company has announced that it has finally resolved the issue While the update on its original Microsoft Answers forum thread isn t quite as extensive the company has clarified that the Windows Update which was released on August contains a fix for the freezing issue Microsoft also stated that users who uninstalled the Anniversary Update because of the problem can now revert to it using Windows Update Assistant or by Microsoft has finally fixed the freezing issue in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update going to the Windows download page and clicking on quot Update Now quot With that being said the company also mentioned that if you re still experiencing freezing issues even after installing the update you should try the following methods Option If you have a second administrator account on the PC that you can sign into please do so and install the latest Windows update released on August st After installing the update reboot the PC and you should be able sign in successfully on your other account Option Use the go back feature to uninstall the Anniversary Update Once removed you can re-install using the Windows Update Assistant by going to the Windows download page and clicking the Update Now button There are two methods to uninstall the Anniversary Update Method Using the Recovery Console Restart your PC When you get to the sign-in screen hold the Shift key down while you select Power gt Restart After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen select Troubleshoot gt Advanced Options gt Go back to the previous build If you don t see this option try Method Method Using the Settings app from Safe Mode Restart your PC When you get to the sign-in screen hold the Shift key down while you select Power gt Restart After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen select Troubleshoot gt Advanced options gt Startup Settings gt Restart After your PC restarts you ll see a list of options Select or F to start your PC in Safe Mode Open the Settings app Select Update amp security and then the Recovery tab Under Go back to an earlier build click the Get started button and follow the instructions Option If you are uncomfortable with either of the earlier options or if the go back feature is not available to you please contact support and one of our support agents can assist you in applying the resolution Are you still experiencing freezing issues on the Windows Anniversary Update or have they been resolved with the recent patch Let us know in the comments section below Source Microsoft nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-has-finally-fixed-the-freezing-issue-in-the-windows-10-anniversary-update.62996/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have dealt with an issue of windows being unable to perform updates or being unable to update other software such as Adobe Reader and FINALLY FIXED Windows THANK YOU Update Failure - Office was crashing This came about with an update back in May I had turned off the computer while it was attempting to shut down For the past five months I've spent countless hours more than I care to admit and tried EVERYTHING that I came across online and I do mean everything I was getting an error code of and zero updates were shown in the windows update history The computer properties showed that Windows wasn't activated or valid and displayed no product ID The Office suite Word Excel etc also showed no activation and would only allow work to be performed for a few minutes before locking up Each time the computer was shut down it THANK YOU - Windows Update Failure FINALLY FIXED would hang when attempting to shutdown after this message Preparing to configure Windows THANK YOU - Windows Update Failure FINALLY FIXED Do not turn off your computer and I would have to do a hard shutdown It was driving me mad insane I tell you but I kept researching for a solution not wanting to do a fresh install I finally found a solution here on this site and whomever created this tool is a God THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU I can finally delete about bookmarks related to the issue and supposed fixes The only solution that worked yesterday was this Windows Repair All In One Download I have to go because Windows wants to restart from performing more updates FINALLY THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU To clarify I followed the instructions within the tool exactly as described I consider myself a power user and work with computers everyday but this one stumped me a first

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627712/thank-you-windows-update-failure-finally-fixed/
Relevancy 66.22%

A few weeks ago I experienced the infamous Black Screen of Death KSOD on my computer running bit Vista Business You know the one where the computer stalls out during boot up at a black screen with a white cursor and it won't respond to anything I finallly fixed it today After much research I'm starting to think this is boils down to ACL problems that prevent key Windows services from starting For example my KSOD occurred after chkdsk went haywire and quot replaced invalid security id with default security quot on every file on Death of Screen my fixed Finally Black the hard drive That made Finally fixed my Black Screen of Death me suspect the services could not start because of bad ACLs on their Finally fixed my Black Screen of Death associated files Some KSODs may be caused by bad permissions in the registry as described in some posts but the result is the same My fix was to reinstall Vista which puts the previous system folders in the Windows old folder Reinstalling Vista warn you that you cannot use the previous version of Vista Fortunately that is not always true Sometimes you can go home again Under the new installation I was initially denied access to the other folders on the C drive and had reset the ACL and or ownership on each folder by opening it with administrator permission Now here is the trick to get the old system back again I booted the computer with a BartPE cd based on Windows XP that I had created in a previous life I then used the file manager to access the hard drive whereupon I created a windows new folder I proceeded to move not copy all of the new system folders into windows new I guess I could have just deleted the folders I then moved all of the old system folders from windows old to the root directory I rebooted and had my old system back again without having to reinstall the application software I think this worked because reinstalling Vista essentially fixed the ACL corruption introduced by Chkdsk I think it reset the ACL on the system folders to the standard administrator group ACL and allowed me to reset the rest of the folders manually Addendum -I needed to give myself full control over my own profile for IE to work cleanly and I needed to take ownership and give the Users group modify permission to data folders hanging off of the root directory before some apps would work correctly Other items of note You don't have to reinstall with the same copy of Vista used in the original installation You might not even have to use the same version of Vista I was sweating a little bit because my original Vista cd is damaged A borrowed copy worked just fine for me After reinstalling Vista simply connecting the hard drive to another Vista or Windows machine in order to move the folders did not work It appears they quot respect quot the ACLs on the hard drive and deny access Addendum I heard one can manipulate the Vista installation on the connected hard drive by turning off UAC However using a BartPE cd to move folders worked and connecting the drive to a Windows XP machine would probably work as well Windows can experience the same problem

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/213584-finally-fixed-my-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My first post here Well guys I have run into this problem a couple of times after removing viruses from computers Was it virus related I couldn t say for sure but the indications are there I think I may have found -finally fixed-ymmv Autoplay Solved: Solution the long awaited solution to the autorun problem that affects both xp and vista boxes --WITHOUT reinstalling Autoplay -some love it some Solved: Autoplay Solution -finally fixed-ymmv hate it Sometimes it doesn t work when the customer wants it Solved: Autoplay Solution -finally fixed-ymmv to I personally like it disabled but that s not the point Simple right Just right click the drive in my computer and reenable disable or download and use tweak UI or uninstall and reinstall said hardware in device manager or use group policy editor to enable disable autorun NOPE None of this worked on my problem pcs and I had felt like I had been beaten by a stupid simple problem Since the hardware was completely functional my theory was that it might be a registry entry corrupted by the virus to prevent drive access Finally I found what I believe to be the culprits virus related or not Try this at your own risk but here is what I discovered to be the solution for me when all other avenues failed SOLUTION -start -run -regedit -navigate to and delete these Dword entries if present HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer -NoDriveRun AND NoDriveAutoRun then HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer NoDriveRun AND NoDriveAutoRun may be easier to use the search function and type quot NoDrive quot -log off and log back on -then use tweak UI manual right click reset if necessary Of course I tried it on another expendable pc as a guinea pig first my wifes PC I built for her -lol For me it worked where nothing else did No errors or problems since -autoplay working on all drives and removable media Good luck Gentlemen and women Hope this helped in some way z nbsp

A:Solved: Autoplay Solution -finally fixed-ymmv

Well-I certainly feel like an idiot-

I should have searched the forum first..
I was so happy to have found the solution I posted it in haste..

Looks like Phantom010 already solved this problem the EXACT same way I did back in June only for USB instead of DVD roms..

Oh well ,great minds think alike..

_z

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-autoplay-solution-finally-fixed-ymmv.861780/
Relevancy 65.79%

Like innumerable other Win users I Apps Cortana/Store/Metro fixed! FINALLY have been trying for quite a while to get broken apps and Cortana to work again after the Anniversary 'update' I've repeatedly tried sfc scannow DISM restorehealth MS Repair tools Windows troubleshooter the infamous Powershell quot Get-AppXPackage Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode Cortana/Store/Metro Apps FINALLY fixed! -Register quot InstallLocation AppXManifest xml quot ad nauseum with no luck at all br Today while Googling a somewhat different topic I stumbled across a shareware program that actually FIXED Cortana and ALL metro apps It's called a href http www tweaking com content page windows repair all in one html target blank Cortana/Store/Metro Apps FINALLY fixed! rel nofollow Windows Repair Free Pro a font color from Tweaking com The free version is fully functional for repairing Windows problems just follow all the directions exactly The Pro version just adds some performance and visual tweak options br You have to run the repair tools twice it took about - hours total on my system On the first pass when the repair tool was re-installing metro apps several of the same errors appeared in the cmd box as with the above mentioned Powershell command line After the required reboot into Safe Mode w networking the second pass returned no errors at all and everything is working again br If only I had found this program five or six weeks ago I could have saved countless frustrating hours of beating my head against the screen br If Microscrew had programmers with this level of talent they might be able to produce a reliable product br BTW I was so impressed with the free version I bought the Pro version just to support these guys something I very rarely do br font blockquote div div div div class cleardiv div div a style text-decoration none color grey href javascript onmousedown if document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'block' else document getElementById 'EF ' style display 'none' nbsp nbsp My System Specs a You need to have JavaScript enabled so that you can use this Computer Type Laptop System Manufacturer Model Number Acer Aspire ES - -P W OS Windows Home CPU Intel Pentium GHz Memory GB Graphics Card Intel HD Graphics

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68591-cortana-store-metro-apps-finally-fixed.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 60.2%

An application we use to run reports runs application over Speed Network Issue one with very slowly A Speed Issue over Network with one application couple of years ago I had this Speed Issue over Network with one application same problem and figured out it had to do with my hubs which were still running I changed my hubs for HP gig switches Speed Issue over Network with one application changed my ethernet cards in the pc s to gig cards Everything worked great Reports that took minutes were now down to minutes Here is my problem I recently added an IP phone system and had to change my switches because the ones I had did not meet the specs for the phone system I added gig Extreme switches with power over the switches which was needed for the new phone system Since we did this the speed for reports has gone from minutes to minutes not as bad as it had been but still bad Testing that has been done I have run cat cable from the workstation into the HP switch which had been running fine and left the phone on the Extreme switch which is needed for the phone to work We tried running reports after hours when there was no traffic over the network When this was done there were only people in the office Still took the minutes or so Please help nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Ok so I have been fighting this issue for days with no luck I'll provide as much information as I can and hopefully someone may know a fix or at least some more steps I can take in fixing this issue This is a home user Sky Fiber using Sky's router at Issue Network Speed Windows just over Mbps download His LAN consists of Windows laptop Windows PC iPhones Windows Network Speed Issue Windows laptop - speedtest net shows consitant download speeds of - Mbps Iphones - speedtest net shows consitant download speeds of - Mbps Windows PC - speedtest net shows - Mbps download although at random times during the day can reach - Mbps not often The windows PC was previously Windows when this issue started From the begining on Windows - I upgraded network adapter drivers to the latest version updated bios amp chipset drivers to latest versions with no change I performed virus malware scans and found the PC to have a fair few viruses and malware I did numerous removals with no change Safe mode with networking worked fine At this point I decided it may be a very nasty Virus Trojan Rootkit of somekind that is evading the anti-virus malware programs He had Windows and was looking to upgrade his machine anyway so we though it would be a good time to format the drive and do a fresh Windows install Windows - installed the latest drivers chipset networking adapter graphics card etc and still no change Speed still around - Mbps ocassionaly hitting the expected speed of - Mbps but not very often Safe mode with networking still working fine At this point I'm thinking a driver issue Tried with a wired connection no difference tried taking the wireless adapter out of the machine unistalling the drivers and then testing wired connection same issue Tried disabling IPv same issue Tried turning off the option - allow the computer to turn off this device same issue Tried changing the local computer policy that resevers bandwidth - forgot the actual name - however no change Tried with Windows firewall off and A V off no change All the while it is working in safe mode with networking Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-F A XM-HD Wireless Adapter - Edimax EW- Pin V Has a Realtek chip Wireless Adapter Driver - Realtek RTL CE Wireless Lan n PCI-E NIC Driver Date Driver Version So any help with trying to resolve the issue would be much appreciated a question in my mind is that if the safe mode drivers work fine could I use these drivers in normal mode Assuming the drivers are at fault Kind regards Tom

A:Windows Network Speed Issue

Hi to BC,

If you do a clean boot does it work as expected?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539668/windows-network-speed-issue/
Relevancy 59.77%

Does anyone have information or have used "speed scan" from "finallyfast.com"? According to a recent infomercial it has received high reviews in some of the computer magazines. Thanks for everyone;s input.

A:Finally Fast speed scan

IMO, junk. Looks like just another cleanup utility.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finally-fast-speed-scan.875627/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi My name is Nick and I've been searching for an issue similiar to mine with a solution with no luck I'll say first that I am an IT speed Network solution - find issue Can't professional and can't figure out the cause to the problem Any help is greatly appreciated Here's the situation I'm in I had been getting Network speed issue - Can't find solution computer crashed for about the last week Couldn't fix the issue software-wise so I Network speed issue - Can't find solution reformatted hoping it was not a hardware issue and so far it seems to have worked On the same day of reformatting my wireless router failed and I bought a new one I've set up the new router set up my newly reformatted computer BUT I'm having download speed issues I am using an Edimax wireless nano-usb adapter with the drivers installed Everytime I unplug and replug the adapter in my network speed is normal testing with DSL reports at around mb down After a few minutes my speed goes extremely down and stays down to around - mbs sometimes down to kb I have identical Edimax wireless adapters desktop PCs and laptop all on Windows The other desktop with the Edimax adapter is working fine with normal speed of about mb The laptop is working fine aswell with it's built-in wifi I've put my Edimax adapter in the other desktop and it works fine I've put the other desktop's adapter in my computer and the same issue happens I've tried to put the adapter in different USB ports on my desktop and the same issue keeps happening Normal speed for a few min down to slow speed after that I'm really struggling to see what could be causing such an issue I feel like I've eliminated all possibilities I'm on a clean format with network driver installed I've done a safe boot and the same issue happens I've tried different adapters differen't usb ports The only thing I haven't tried is a wired connection because I don't have that option - I'll have to run a line from my router to a switch to my computer tomorrow to see if anything changes but I can't leave the line laying across the house Any help would be GREATLY appreciated I'm banging my head against the desk Thanks -Nick

A:Network speed issue - Can't find solution

Other technical specs whether relevant or not -

Windows 7 Home Premium clean format
Asus P6T Mobo
6 GB DDR3 1333 RAM OC @ approx 1700
i7 920 2.66GHz OC @ 4.1 GHz
Radeon HD 7850
Antec 650W PSU
Sata II HD
Edimax 150Mbps Wireless 802.11b/g/n Nano USB Adapter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-speed-issue-cant-find-solution-655175.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi All,

This is my first VS2008 installation and I bumped to this error. Wasting much time googling the net showed bunch of lame solutions like "reboot pc, reinstall windows and etc..." I thought it is W7's incompatibility, however the problem is easily solved by adding additional component during install/reinstall... just check "Visual C++ Tools" (no need to select "Lookup", "Spy++" and "Win32 Tools", you can deselect them, if not needed)

So, this is to inform that VS2008 in the following selection is working fine (SP1 was applied separately):
Visual Studio 2008
VC# (+mobile)
VC++ (+mobile +visual cpp tools)
Visual Web Authoring

Everything is compiling now =)

A:Visual Studio 2008 Pro SP1: Error spawning "rc.exe" finally FIXED!

Is this on a 32bit or 64bit? I have 64 bits and I can't even get the installation to work let alone the SP1.

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/647-visual-studio-2008-pro-sp1-error-spawning-rc-exe-finally-fixed.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there:

I want to document the problem and I will cover all the bases because I'm sure it will help every ATI RADEON user.

The site doesn't let me write more, but here is my post.

http://www.ngohq.com/ati-discussion...elp-all-you-ati3duag-dll-squeal-death-et.html

I just want to make sure I'm helping people with the same issues I had.

A:ATI BSOD FIXED FINALLY. WILL HELP EVERYBODY with att3duag.dll or "squeal of death"

Wow... what a fix!

oscar3d,
you are a very thorough person indeed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-bsod-fixed-finally-will-help-everybody-with-att3duag-dll-or-squeal-of-death.82687/
Relevancy 59.34%

Went to this website and got the following results:

View attachment fasterthanjohn.bmp

I will admit, so no one thinks I cheated... (I did, a little, but I'm admitting it!)

1. I did this from work.
2. I ran two tests on two different servers. (NY and Chicago)
3. I combined the download speed pic from the NY server with the upload speed pic from the Chicago server.
4. I did NOT edit any of the numbers themselves, so the speeds shown are actual results....
5. I wish I could get this kind of speed at HOME! ;-)

A:Finally got speed results faster than JohnWill :-)

That's not cheating, that's downright dishonest!

Besides, I get my speeds at home.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finally-got-speed-results-faster-than-johnwill.548459/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey I use a program called uTorrent to download torrents from And I had everything sorted like ports forwared etc and it was all working fine but about a couple of weeks ago ive noticed that the speed of it even with full seeds has been really slow and fails to get above KB s and I should be getting around KB s max I have mb NTL Broadband My friend has the exact same internet provider and package as me but his seems to be working fine hes getting Fixed) Internet Speed This Problems Need (Really full speeds etc We both tryed downloading the same torrent and he got speeds over KB s and I was struggling at KB s So then we decided to check if it was my actual internet so we both downloaded a program Internet Speed Problems (Really Need This Fixed) from Download Com and we both got max speeds of - KB s so its not my actual internet Does anyone know how I can fix this internet problem when using uTorrent or any other torrent client for that matter Im really grateful for all help I receive Thanks nbsp

A:Internet Speed Problems (Really Need This Fixed)

Hey, what can we say, thats what you get when you try to steal stuff on the Internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-problems-really-need-this-fixed.453566/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys I posted on here a day or two ago about a problem I had I thought I had fixed it but it turns out I didn't Here is my original post Hey everyone Long story so I'll try to be brief with lots of info lol I have computers One is custom made by a friend dual core processors AMD at ghz each gb of RAM basic video card g-force but not sure how high quality I know it's worse than my other computer and has dvd drives The other computer is a dell computer dual core intel at ghz about gb of RAM and a great computer Crashing internet (fixed speed) video card intel dvd drive Now the dell computer had been always faster at everything I finally realized it was due to the video card not being able to support all the graphics of vista on custom computer so I went in and edited the advanced display visual function properties or whatever it's called where you can select to display or not display certain visual operations like that transparency look showing contents of a window while you're moving it shading behind the mouse pointer etc I disabled most of them and suddenly the computer started working faster Yay for me Before I figured this out the computer was constantly crashing I thought fixing those settings would help but it didn't not really So I ended up uninstalling everythign that was recently installed and then re-installing only the programs I needed This seemed to do the trick since it's been days and it hasn't crashed used to crash freeze at least once or twice a day But my problem Crashing computer (fixed internet speed) now is that the internet on custom computer is suddenly really r e a l l y S L O W The dell computer is still fast as hell I have rogers we're in canada not sure what the level is called but it's the GB bandwidth one So anybody know why the internet could be slow Crashing computer (fixed internet speed) No viruses scanned twice with ESET NOD Any ideas That was Crashing computer (fixed internet speed) my original post So I ended up using a command prompt to fix the internet That worked and it was fine for a full day and I posted on it and someone marked it as solved but unfortunately the computer just crashed again today It stops working and goes to a blue screen that says it's preparing for a crash dump This is what used to happen before when it would crash Any help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/242182-crashing-computer-fixed-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Whew! lots of false starts!

If I disable the Security Center automatic Updating, then my computer works fine!

Does anyone know why Security Center automatic Updating causes Vistax64 Business SP2, ?

there must be some software setting in the registry which is causing issues, or something along those lines.. . .

any one encountered similar issue and have a solution?

thanks

sportsguy

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/262558-i-have-finally-found-vista-freeze-up-issue.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I need a help to resolve one issue with my Belkin router F7D4402 v1. I have got it recently and configured it without any issue and my internet (ADSL) was up and running. However, later I have noticed that, my internet speed is limited to 1.5 Mbps. whereas; the speed I was getting on my old Linksys WAG200 router was minimum 2.0 Mbps.

I have tried to disable the QoS and other options but no use. But when I enabled the Mac cloning it worked fine. I was getting the speed I subscribed for, but unfortunately, the other devices on my Wi-Fi stopped working. With Mac clone enable, the internet is only available to my PC.

I need the internet on my PC plus all the Wi-Fi devices in my house and along with it my full internet speed, not just 1.5 Mbps.

Can anyone please help to fix the issue?

Thank a lot.

A:Belkin router F7D4402 v1 ADSL speed is fixed to 1.5 Mbps

It's not the router - - you up against the limit of ADSL.

see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-router-f7d4402-v1-adsl-speed-is-fixed-to-1-5-mbps.188430/
Relevancy 52.46%

Per this article from last year:

Comcast upgrades speeds for Xfinity Internet Performance users for free - SlashGear
Better late than never (I guess):

How to upgrade your speed (if applicable):

Complete these easy steps to ensure you're receiving your faster speed:

1 Shut down your computer
2 Unplug your modem from the electrical outlet
3 Plug your modem back in
4 Unplug your router from the electrical outlet
5 Plug your router back in
6 Wait 30 seconds and turn your computer back on
To ensure your modem is a DOCSIS 3.0 modem and can take advantage of this speed increase, please click here:

DOCSIS Devices

Just curious to know if I'm one of the last ones to get this free upgrade.

I live in southern NJ.

A:Comcast "Finally" Doubled My Internet Download Speed

Just search Broadband Forums. You'll find plenty of discussion including dish, cable, fiber,TV, internet data etc.. Comcast isn't neglected.

I'd post the name of the one I participated on when I had Comcast. But it's been a few years. I don't remember the name of the site. I seem to have lost the bookmark.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/44714-comcast-finally-doubled-my-internet-download-speed.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 51.17%

The netbook is brand new typical out-of-the-box but stopped working after connecting fine to hotspots for over a month It could not connect to any of the Downtown Alliance hotspots would either not connect or get Limited access Then it disconnected before the second session in a wholly functional hotspot Then it begun failing to connect in all other hotspots where there was no problem before but did not fail right away Then it begun recognizing working connections and Other Network Other Network often repeated FINALLY it just does not detect connections at all This second laptop has not failed in over six months but had a stint at not connecting while connecting at Downtown Alliance hotspot once I have no direct cable access I can work though this netbook with low memory but need the other more powerful netbook for internet or is a waste of time Only way to communicate both is through USB sticks I need a solution to fix the non working Atheros AR B adapter card netbook through USB only card finally Other Solved: failed, Network Atheros Acer detecting sticks while connecting using this netbook nbsp

A:Solved: Acer Atheros card finally failed, detecting Other Network only

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-atheros-card-finally-failed-detecting-other-network-only.1063326/
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently ran into trouble with a virus or trojan of some sort that was screwing up my system It seemed to have added proxy settings to my internet connection to cause me to run into issues as well as had about other processes running from the AppData folder that were screwing things up I deleted them multiple times even in HijackThis and they just kept coming back I ended up removing the proxy settings and disabled my wireless router While it was disabled I ended the processes that I read online were malicious such I fixed Have issue the here? as conhost exe and then I deleted them from my computer I also removed them from the start up list I checked HijackThis and I didn t see any of these files that were Have I fixed the issue here? causing problems anymore I have been connected to the internet now for a little bit and I don t see those processes restarting I m wondering if I have been able to remove them all or if there is something that I need to remove that I missed Here is my recent log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperAgent exeC Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPMSGSVC exeC Windows Samsung PanelMgr SSMMgr exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exeC Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam YCMMirage exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Users Gary Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files x Vuze Remote tbVuze dllR - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dllF - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO Conduit Engine - F B -B - - B- FBA BD D - C Program Files x ConduitEngine ConduitEngine dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - ... Read more

A:Have I fixed the issue here?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378803/have-i-fixed-the-issue-here/
Relevancy 50.31%

I had set my computer to go to sleep after 2 hours.

I got tired of it sleeping & changed the sleep setting to "Never".

It still went to sleep after 2 hours.

So I checked in advanced settings & found that "hybrid sleep" was turned on.
I shut it off & my computer quit going to sleep.

Just thought I would post my solution to my issue in case anybody else was having the same problem.

Pictures:

A:8.1 sleep issue fixed

Once you go into a Command Window and do 'powercfg /hibernate off'. It will stop the behavior.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43982-8-1-sleep-issue-fixed.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello! I 'm interested in purchasing a Lenovo yoga 900. Searching for many days my options was Spectre x360, surface pro 4, or yoga 900. I really had bad experience from hp fan laptops...really noisy and was hot enough to fry eggs. Also sp4 is quite expensive and read that have issues with fan. My previous laptop was a Lenovo g580. I loved it, because it was really silent.  Even in a silent room nothing heard. So decided that Lenovo yoga 900 was the best option for me but I wonder if noisy fan fixed with the bios update? Could somebody confirm? And something else is screen protector included in box?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-fan-issue-fixed/td-p/3353755
Relevancy 50.31%

So recently I had a very frustrating issue with my pc being at percent memory usage all of the time I did post in the am I infected forum and recieved a number of steps to take but with the pc as slow as it was I decided to try and fix it myself I have seemingly fixed it but not the right way and I am lost as to how to move forward I used process explorer to find that System was using percent cpu Not system idle process and then right clicked and went to properties to find two threads were split in memory usage One was the windows kernel file and the other was something called rimspe sys some jargon That is to my understanding a normal windows driver found in system drivers By clicking on the properties of that thread It seemed to be associated with a device that came up in my device manager quot Ricoh memory stick disk device quot I have no idea what that is but I attempted to disable and uninstall I fixed an the wrong way issue, it Upon restart it was still there under disk drives in device manager Also during this whole time my pc was randomly making the usb device disconnet reconnect sounds So in safe mode I just moved rimspe sys from the drivers folder to my desktop Also I turned off usb and usb sleep in charge in my boot menu There was no immediate effect but I restarted am now in normal mode and the pc I fixed an issue, the wrong way is functioning properly I am assuming this cannot be a permnanent fix as other things need to use that driver and was wondering how to move forward The Ricoh memory stick disk device no longer shows up under disk drives in device manager I am afraid to move the sys file back and was just wondering if anyone knew how i should proceed or what tools I should run actions I should take Thanks for any help and I was unsure where to post this I hope this was the correct forum

A:I fixed an issue, the wrong way

I would look for possible driver updates for that device, and install them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455896/i-fixed-an-issue-the-wrong-way/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm looking to buying a wireless router. My desktop however will be directly pluged into the router. So will my download speed etc... be faster on the draft N rather then then the G? or will they both be the same exact speed?

A:Wired speed on wireless network G and N...any speed difference?

depends on what models your looking at. If they are both 10/100 then you should get the same wired performance from both animals.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-speed-on-wireless-network-g-and-n-any-speed-difference.723209/
Relevancy 49.88%

We have a network with a number of PC's Until recently all PC's No IP - Fixed network were WinXP and all set for fixed IP All PC's accessable over the Fixed IP - No network network and Internet connections working Now we have installed Win on one of the PC's and only when this PC is set for dynamic IP everything works as before As soon as the Win PC is set for a fixed IP this PC becomes inaccessable on the network however the Internet connection works The router is D-Link DIR- Fixed IP's all outside routers DHCP range and firewall off Sharing is on and if there was anything wrong with these settings the PC's wouldn't be accessable with a dynamic IP Sometimes when I change from dynamic to fixed IP I have connection but as soon as I reboot I am back to square one Have checked this forum for solutions and it seems I am not the only with this problem but fail to find a solution Greatful for suggestions

A:Fixed IP - No network

Had the same problem last year and got some help at this forum and thought I solved the problem. I could get it to work by switching from dynamic to static IP inside Win7, however after reboot and set to fixed IP no network,

Sorry can't help you as I am still looking for a permanent solution.

There must somebody at this forum that understand what is going on. Just be patient!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/178974-fixed-ip-no-network.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey FIXED!!! iTunes issue CD Burning I got this solution from quot gcuneo quot and wanted to post it again so that others can use this too I am so STOKED that this worked finally a REAL resolution to this common itunes not burning CD s problem GCUNEO Have I solved the quot i Tunes cannot detect burning software quot issue I have found an answer to this problem I can now re-create the quot I FIXED!!! iTunes CD Burning issue tunes not recognizing any burning software quot issue at will and fix it in a heartbeat This will also take care of that quot Itunes registry values quot message that pops up right before the main i Tunes program begins IT APPEARS THAT WHEN GEARAspiWDM GETS INSTALLED IT DOES NOT CREATE A quot MULTI-STRING VALUE quot IT CREATES A quot STRING VALUE quot WHICH DONT DO NO GOOD THE UPPERFILTERS VALUE MUST BE A MULTI STRING VALUE JUST NOT A quot STRING VALUE quot Download the latest gear driver at http www gearsoftware com support drivers cfm Once that is installed you have to DELETE the UPPERFILTERS entry in your system registry AND CREATE A NEW UPPERFILTERS VALUE at HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE of course you knew once you get there just click on quot favorites quot in your system registry and add it your favorites br br span span style color red YOU WILL BE DELETING THE UPPER VALUE DONT WORRY YOU WILL BE CREATING A NEW ONE span span style color black br GO HERE IN THE SYSTEM REGISTRY br br HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE br br span span style color red FIND THE UPPER FILTER VALUE AND DELETE IT span span style color black br br WHILE IN span span style color red HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE span span style color black using the system registry editor EDIT gt NEW gt MULTI STRING VALUE IT MUST BE A quot Multi String Value quot br br NAME IT UpperFilters br br Once it s created and named right click on it and select quot Modify quot br br Enter this into the box that will pop up span span style color red GEARAspiWDM span span style color black AS SOON AS YOU TYPE THE GEARAspiWDM PRESS ENTER This quot carriage return quot is required br br THE VALUE FOR THE UpperFilters should be REG MULTI SZ Which means it is a multi string value br br REBOOT br br TADAA span br div class messageTextEndMarker nbsp div blockquote article div div class messageMeta ToggleTriggerAnchor div class privateControls span class item muted span class authorEnd a href members hismusicnme class username author dir auto hismusicnme a span a href threads fixed-itunes-cd-burning-issue title Permalink class datePermalink span class DateTime title Mar at AM Mar span a span div div class publicControls a href threads fixed-itunes-cd-burning-issue title Permalink class item muted postNumber hashPermalink OverlayTrigger data-href posts permalink a div div div id likes-post- div div li ol input type hidden name xfToken value form div class pageNavLinkGroup div class linkGroup This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue br a href https techguy org welcome style margin View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site a div div class linkGroup style display none a href javascript class muted JsOnly DisplayIgnoredContent Tooltip title Show hidden content by Show Ignored Content a div div div id mjcThreadBottom style vertical-align middle margin-bottom px div class asSeen div As Seen On div a href https techguy org awards img src styles tsg as-seen png alt As Seen On a div div class mjcWelcome h Welcome to Tech Support Guy h p Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem a href register Join our site today a to ask your question This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations p p If you're not already familiar with forums watch our a href https techguy org welcome Welcome Guide a to get started p p a... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fixed-itunes-cd-burning-issue.806497/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone My issue is next when i get back home from work i sit mouse Serious reinstalling issue, wasn't fixed OS after on the PC and instead of Left Clicking On Left Button its Acting Like Right and Left Example when i click at desktop with left button Serious mouse issue, wasn't fixed after reinstalling OS it clicks right when Serious mouse issue, wasn't fixed after reinstalling OS i click everywhere in my computer with Left its Right again When i am Browsering with Mozzila Firefox The left its working properly And everywhere the right button is not working the Serious mouse issue, wasn't fixed after reinstalling OS right button its doing Nothing I ve decided to try another mouse I ve tried my mouse from the laptop and it was the same thing then i asked a friend for his mouse and it was still same I ve reinstaled the windows with formating the C but Didn t formated D and E Which are my other partitions and its still like i explained it I was looking for the same issue but i cant find anything Thank You P S I think its something like virus because from few days i am geting alot of virus Warnings Any Solution to Remove it if its this P S I am ready to pay via PayPal if u help me fix it nbsp

A:Serious mouse issue, wasn't fixed after reinstalling OS

If you did a clean install of Windows, which requires the hard drive to be formatted its unlikely its a virus, as you'd have most likely removed it.

Have you tried going to control panel (Start button > Control panel > Mouse) and confirming that the most is setup correctly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-mouse-issue-wasnt-fixed-after-reinstalling-os.153051/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there coming from an older generation and bought up on quot Netiquette quot I just cannot understand it when a load of people post queries requesting help and after a few replies the OP just disappears from the scene Surely it actually doesn't involve ANY effort -- even on a mobile phone -- just to reply and say quot Fixed Thanks quot to the solution that worked Mind you these days lack of respect for anybody fixed is POST issue your when please Orphan threads - else --especially BOZOS screaming on mobile phones in enclosed places like Underground trains etc seems unfortunately to be the norm People ARE willing to help solve problems -- but it would be nice to know also if the proposed solution worked --and even if it didn't then also to Orphan threads - please POST when your issue is fixed have information - and if you DO find out what cured the problem to give the solution or Link If you've taken the trouble to ASK Orphan threads - please POST when your issue is fixed a question it can't be that hard to say Thanks that worked -- or Sorry that was no good I think if we continue going down this route where total lack of respect for others becomes routine -- We are going to end up in a HORRIBLE place At least where I come from if you see a stranded motorist you always stop and help -- it's just second nature -- due to the terrain and climatic considerations outside the capital I'd imagine in the remote parts of Australia etc same considerations would apply -- or at least you'd call the emergency services Strangely enough on a visit to Central Russia a few years ago believe it or not the local people were magnificent when my car broke down -- they couldn't get the part but an old farmer managed to hobble something up out of a lot of old iron that got me to the next decent sized town city with international services around KM away -- I spent the night drinking a load of Vodka with them and getting totally drunk and was on my way again the following morning -- and I only knew about words of Russian Those people were about as far away from quot Oligarchs quot and Mafia that it was possible to be Maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old man -- but it really doesn't take any trouble just to say thanks -- and people really DO appreciate it when your problem is solved I still keep in contact with those Russians --and have even learned a few more words of the Language since Cheers jimbo

A:Orphan threads - please POST when your issue is fixed

I fully agree with your points. It is my observation on many forums that 50% of the first time posters never come back and of those that do, many never let you know how they made out.

Maybe the first time posters do not find their way back to the forum. That has happened to me on forums where I went for the first time and where the forums had an engine that I had never seen before. Even seasoned posters on other forums may have trouble orienting themselves on our forum. I have such a case right now.

For answering first time posters, it is the best to make a first response very short. I usually ask an additional question. Then you see what happens and at least you have not invested a lot of effort.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22371-orphan-threads-please-post-when-your-issue-fixed.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This doesn't happen very often - black screen problems are rarely fixed Most often they are repaired with either System Restore or a reinstall of the operating system We got lucky today in several respects The customer knew what he was trying to do just before screen I issue black Today fixed a the black screen occurred trying to install a USB- gt VGA adapter He also knew when it happened last night The first clue was an entry in the Startups for flvga tray Not much info but it was likely a startup program for Today I fixed a black screen issue a yep you guessed it USB gt VGA adapter Searching for similar drivers didn't yield much - and trying to download and extract files from the download wasn't possible So then I searched the startups for Last Accessed timestamps I found around of them - and they were either directly related to the adapter or they were related to a video settings program So I disabled them all And viola I was into Windows I found the USB- gt VGA adapter in Control Panel Programs and Features And I found another program related to porting video out that was installed back in March - so I uninstalled it also Did some updating cleanup and housekeeping with the OS Then tried to install the USB- gt VGA adapter - and it worked like a charm But I credit the success in this to the owner - who was aware enough to remember what he was doing and when he was doing it After that all I had to do was hunt for clues Gosh I love a happy ending

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615758/today-i-fixed-a-black-screen-issue/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Staff Members My friend keeps getting malware issues on his laptop so I have come here for some help Here are the logs you requested I am also installing Avira after getting rid of AVG which did nothing DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Daniel at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD AV Norton Internet Security Disabled Outdated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated fixed Issue and (been Malware Persistant returned) B F C - - E- - BB D A SP Norton Internet Security Disabled Outdated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Internet Security Disabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS Persistant Malware Issue (been fixed and returned) C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows SysWOW ezSharedSvcHost exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Program Files x Safari Safari exe C Windows system sppsvc exe C Program Files x Safari Apple Application Support WebKit WebProcess exe C Recycle Bin S- - - aceab d b da c b f U C Windows explorer exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uDefault Page URL hxxp www safesearch net utm medium ie amp utm campaign amp utm source sm amp utm content amp utm term BBD FD C F D mStart Page hxxp www safesearch net utm medium ie amp utm campaign amp utm source sm amp utm content amp utm term BBD FD C F D mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe C Users Daniel AppData Local cbgrluhq kexevxqh exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData RealNetworks RealDownloader BrowserPlugins IE rndlbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Do Not Track EEF-CB F- F-AFEB-D E A B BA - LocalServer - lt no file gt BHO AVG Safe Search CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - LocalServer - lt no file gt BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO smartdownloader Class F AF F - - -ABCE- EF BD - C Program Files x SockshareDownloader smarterdownloader dll uPolicies-Explorer NoDriveTypeAutoRun dword uPolicies-Explorer HideSCAHealth dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-Explorer EnableShellExecuteHooks dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableLUA dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword mPolicies-System PromptO... Read more

A:Persistant Malware Issue (been fixed and returned)

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Is Norton installed on the is machine, or was it a previous install?

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan/rootkit.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please refer to Microsoft's Online Safety article for tips on creating a strong password.

Do not change passwords or do any transactions from the infected computer until it has been cleaned.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

If there are any personal files, pics, etc. on your computer you cannot live without, back them up now just as a precaution.

Emergency Backup Procedure - Tech Support Forum

Please download ComboFix and Save it to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Double-click ComboFix.exe and follow the prompts to run it.

Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please post that log, C:\ComboFix.txt, in your next reply.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

If you get an 'Illegal operation attempted on a Registry key which has been marked for deletion' error message, please reboot your machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/persistant-malware-issue-been-fixed-and-returned-692164.html
Relevancy 49.45%

After spending 2 days off and on fooling with EasyBCD 1.72 and trying to get Windows XP to load, I finally loaded the EASYBCD Beta 2.0 and it worked immediately....

Get EasyBCD Beta 2.0 ...Yes, you must subscribe to forum, but it was worth it.....

Good Luck

EasyBCD = awesome program!!!

A:FIXED! Dual Boot issue WinXP and Win 7

Win7 should configure any multi- boot properly if it is installed last and all other drives than the OS's are unplugged.

The fly in the ointment is when a data drive is marked active and confuses the Win7 installer, so keep them unplugged during install and you won't have to use old technology like EasyBCD to do what is automated in Win7 installer, and Win7 startup repair from boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/37638-fixed-dual-boot-issue-winxp-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Need help with Bitlocker encrypted fixed drive non OS on primary partition Windows bit Ultimate Drive D is encrypted however from last few days the lock icon displayed on the drive is missing and it is being displayed as unknown file system Bitlocker fixed OS ) . (non Bitlocker drive with Issue encrypted Encrypted in diskmgmt While try to open the drive getting error location is Issue with Bitlocker encrypted fixed drive (non OS ) . not available amp access Issue with Bitlocker encrypted fixed drive (non OS ) . denied no option to unlock it through right click Only I can unlock it via opening bitlocker from control panel or through elevated cmd manage-bde -unlock D Tried All scenarios Unlock and then lock it again reboot shutdown Restarted the bitlocker service tried changing the drive letter Unlock disk defrag no suspend or resume option available for drive in bitlocker settings Run chkdsk f r also no issues reported Issue remains same no icons display for unlock or lock drive no right lick option to unlock amp getting same above error while double click on a drive However I have checked it still shows drive as encrypted so it's mean encryption is sill running fine

A:Issue with Bitlocker encrypted fixed drive (non OS ) .

Quote: Originally Posted by parasakachester

Need help with Bitlocker encrypted fixed drive (non OS ) on primary partition Windows 7 64bit Ultimate.

Drive D is encrypted however from last few days the lock icon displayed on the drive is missing and it is being displayed as unknown file system (Bitlocker Encrypted) in diskmgmt.

While try to open the drive getting error location is not available & access denied , no option to unlock it through right click . Only I can unlock it via opening bitlocker from control panel or through elevated cmd manage-bde -unlock D:
Tried All scenarios.
1. Unlock and then lock it again(reboot + shutdown).
2. Restarted the bitlocker service.
3. tried changing the drive letter .
4. Unlock + disk defrag .
5. no suspend or resume option available for drive in bitlocker settings.
6. Run chkdsk /f /r also, no issues reported.
Issue remains same no icons display for unlock or lock drive , no right lick option to unlock & getting same above error while double click on a drive . However I have checked it still shows drive as encrypted so it's mean encryption is sill running fine.

Any help guys still waiting ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/262512-issue-bitlocker-encrypted-fixed-drive-non-os.html
Relevancy 49.45%

If you've checked the HP site for the latest drivers for your laptop model, you may have noticed that AMD drivers have been added. Finally, the laptop > HDMI > TV connection issues I have been having are 100% fixed.  What I did was - I uninstalled the previous drivers using DDU in safe mode. Then I downloaded and installed the drivers on the HP site. Check the page for your laptop model for the appropriate drivers to install. The TV is recognized now and am able to extend my desktop. Apparently only the newer models have W10 drivers released by HP as of right now. Also, make sure to turn 10-bit pixel format support off in Catalyst Control Center. 

A:HDMI issue with AMD card in Windows 10 has been fixed (for n...

Hi @dmat86? ,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! Thanks so much for sharing what has worked for you. Have a great Weekend. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HDMI-issue-with-AMD-card-in-Windows-10-has-been-fixed-for/td-p/5195714
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there
if you UPGRADE to W8.1 rather than clean install then the VMware adapter settings (ON THE HOST) get hosed up. Your VM's won't be able to connect to your network ( and / or the Internet too).

Either re-install the adapters manually - via the VMware program "Repair program" or uninstall VMware and install the latest version - in my case VMware workstation 10.0.1

I made another post about this in the Forum elsewhere.

Cheers
jimbo

A:VM's (vmware can't connect to network with W8.1 - fixed

Mine was hosed too, along with other things. I also did the 8.1 upgrade (if you can call it that) not a clean install.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/34115-vms-vmware-cant-connect-network-w8-1-fixed.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have been experiencing the same issues as many with NAS's and Computers not visible on the network view Mine is issues, Fixed visibility why exactly not but do network know I fixed but I am not sure why Due to a notification to update my ASUS router firmware I had difficulty finding the new firmware and started reloading old versions in attempt to find one that would auto-update the Fixed network visibility issues, but I do not know exactly why new firmware No luck on that route so I reloaded a slightly older version which prevented web access to find the router setup page No problem as I reinstalled a copy of the ASUS router discovery software Success with this and performed router firmware upgrade which at one point involved resetting the router back to it's default settings I then adjusted the router settings to my liking and left the router UPNP setting quot on quot This allows me to see the router device on the Network view Opened up Network and was surprised to see all of my devices computers and NAS's Rebooted a few times to make sure this was not a one time fluke All is well Speculation of the fix - Router UPNP on - Router firmware or reset to defaults - Running the ASUS router discovery software Your guess is as good as mine

A:Fixed network visibility issues, but I do not know exactly why

What you are talking about is not a widespread issue as you think that it is. It is caused by the last rollout, when Microsoft decided to lock down SMB/CIFS, by making SMB 1 & 2 not working as it did in the past.

Has nothing to do with your router.

Some network devices have fixed the problem on their own. If you are running third party Security software, an update could have solved it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42405-fixed-network-visibility-issues-but-i-do-not-know-exactly-why.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone I m trying desperately to fix a computer for a friend I ve tried pretty much all I can I m not too proud to admit (fixed correctly issue!) not displaying redirection Sites defeat though lol Here s the problem s On the main account JLD let s call it that got all the infections I am having problems Sites not displaying correctly (fixed redirection issue!) with the way web pages load Here s what they look like Yahoo And TSG Now I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell is wrong I ve run Spybot AdAware MBAM HJT log to follow ESET online scan Panda online scan Trend Sites not displaying correctly (fixed redirection issue!) Micro HouseCall and SUPERAntiSpyware Free Here s a HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Common Files Authentium AntiVirus dvpapi exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files iolo common lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL GP Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files iolo AntiVirus ioloAV exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE ONENOTEM EXE C Documents and Settings Jeanette L Douglas My Documents RCA Detective RCADetective exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files iolo AntiVirus iAVEmailScanner exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO no name - CADA A -B - B -B CC- F FD C - C WINDOWS system ci dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Tvs C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe O - HKLM Run SmoothView C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run iolo AntiVirus quot C Program Files iolo AntiVirus ioloAV exe quot O - HKCU Run TOSCDSPD C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe O - HKCU Run ctfmo... Read more

A:Sites not displaying correctly (fixed redirection issue!)

Sorry to reply to my own topic but can anyone help? I'm really trying to get this fixed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sites-not-displaying-correctly-fixed-redirection-issue.900104/
Relevancy 48.59%

This is with Windows 7. For a while, I was not able to launch Internet Explorer much like this person: http://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/568737-solved-internet-explorer-wont-start.html I also had an issue with Windows Live Mail where annoying pop-up messages saying the program stopped working would happen while composing emails (often many endlessly on top of each other). I tried the fix in post #14 of that thread and it got IE to launch and the annoying pop-ups to stop, however now I can't do much in IE without it crashing. Sometimes I will get a similar pop-up message as the email had and other times it will just lock up and lock up Windows with it (and I have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL to log off in order to regain control). I cannot access bookmarks or history (no crash with that, but nothing happens) and cannot use buttons like Home or Print (which cause crashes). Any ideas?

A:Fixed Internet Explorer lauch issue, but now it won't let me do much without crashing

What happens if you try running IE without Add-ons?

How to Run IE8 Without Add-ons

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fixed-internet-explorer-lauch-issue-but-now-it-wont-let-me-do-much-without-crashing.1021977/
Relevancy 48.59%

I installed MS Office is Installed MS now 2016, issue, 1 fixed anot Office there on my windows computer yesterday and after the complete install I kept getting and error message when I would try to open a word document stating quot Word could not create the work file Check the Temp environment variable quot After some searching I found this workaround on a ms site WorkaroundTo resolve this issue use one of the following methods Method Change the location for the Temporary Internet Files Installed MS Office 2016, fixed 1 issue, now there is anot folder for Internet Explorer To do this follow these steps In Internet Explorer click Internet Options on the Tools menu In the Internet Options dialog box click the General tab In the Browsing history section click Settings In the Temporary Internet Files and History Settings dialog box click Move Folder In the Browse for Folder dialog box select the following location lt Drive gt Users lt user name gt AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Note AppData is a hidden folder To show hidden files and folders visit the following Click OK to close the open dialog boxes Restart the computer After doing this the word issue error messages I was getting were gone However today I realized that some of my live tiles were not working so I ran the windows troubleshooting diagnostics and it said that my temporary internet files were in the wrong place and I let it fix that issue Well that resolved the issue with some live tiles not working but the errors for MS Word are back again I also tried running sfc scannow to see if there were any issue before trying the troubleshooting diagnostics and it did not find any problems Any ideas on how to get my windows to work play nicely with office and still have my tiles work properly

A:Installed MS Office 2016, fixed 1 issue, now there is anot

I guess I should mention that when I followed the steps to change the location of the temp files to fix the error message the section for where the folder was originally located was blank when I opened up the Internet Options and followed those steps

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/72089-installed-ms-office-2016-fixed-1-issue-now-there-anot.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

Has the "Event 513 error" issue been solved in the latest version of Macrium Reflect (Free)?
This version: 5.2.6433 (11 November 2013)

Event 513 errors in Windows 8.1

Possible Macrium Issue?

In any case, is it currently safe to use Macrium Reflect (latest free version), from the point of view of operating system integrity (with Windows 8.1)?
I'm a little scared that this "Event 513 error" issue could corrupt Windows 8.1 in some way.
Are you using Macrium Reflect Free with no problems?

Thanks.

A:Macrium Reflect: Event 513 error issue fixed?

Macrium says that the error does not affect the backup process.

I have not had any problems running manual backups using Windows 8.1.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/36223-macrium-reflect-event-513-error-issue-fixed.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have been working on these problems for a week now so I may not remember all I have tried to do to fix these things but will try to give all info I remember had and Google file issue, fixed seem Redirect chrome, ups, pop that exe issues My son was playing on andkon arcade when he ran into a pop up for antivirus doctor and downloaded it After this I also had issues running exe files had antivirus pro pop ups my antivirus progam was turned off and had to fix chrome proxy server settings I tried to restore the computer to an earlier time ran malwarebytes ad aware and avira as well I followed the steps in the prep guide here to get help but Google Redirect issue, had pop ups, chrome, and exe file issues that seem fixed was not Google Redirect issue, had pop ups, chrome, and exe file issues that seem fixed able to complete the GMER log My computer crashed twice I redownloaded ran it which took hrs then tried to save it Google Redirect issue, had pop ups, chrome, and exe file issues that seem fixed and my computer locked up totally for almost an hour so I had to reboot DDS txt log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Melanie at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS system CSHelper exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system lxdxcoms exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files D-Link AirPlus G DWL-G AirGCFG exeC Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exeC WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXEC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdxmon exeC Program Files Lexmark - Series lxdxMsdMon exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files Philips GoGear VIBE Device Manager GoGear Vibe DeviceManager exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXEC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Documents and Settings Melanie Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Melanie Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Melanie My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo comuDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie uDefault Search URL hxxp www google com ieuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo mSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmluInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uInternet Settings ProxyServer http uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo comuURLSearchHooks H - No FilemWinlogon Userinit c windows system Userinit exeBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d... Read more

A:Google Redirect issue, had pop ups, chrome, and exe file issues that seem fixed

Hello lanielayne, Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix: Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.1.Spybot S&D or Ad-Aware are no longer recommendedmvps.org is no longer recommending Spybot S&D or Ad-Aware due to poor testing results. See here - (scroll down and read under Freeware Antispyware Products)Further, most people don't understand Spybot's TeaTimer or how to use it and that feature can cause more problems than it's worth. TeaTimer monitors changes to certain critical keys in Windows registry but does not indicate if the change is normal or a modification made by a malware infection. The user must have an understanding of the registry and how TeaTimer works in order to make informed decisions to allow or deny the detected changes. Additionally, TeaTimer may conflict with other security tools which do a much better job of protecting your computer and even prevent disinfection of malware by those tools.More effective alternatives are Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware Free.2.Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This changed from what we know in 2006 read this article:http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546I suggest you remove the program now. Click on start > run > and then paste the following into the "open" field: appwiz.cpl and press OK. From within Add or Remove Programs uninstall the following if they exist: Viewpoint, Viewpoint Manager, Viewpoint Media Player.3.The following is referring to Registry Mechanic 8.0 and Glary Registry Repair 3.0.Please be aware that bleepingcomputer staff do not recommend the usage of registry cleaners / tools due to the following facts:Registry tools can cause irreparable damage to your Operating SystemRegistry tools can, as a result of the above, render your pc to be inoperable.This is done, assuming that the major audience here at this board might be inexperienced users and thus a suggested safeguard from our side.If you feel you have the need for a registry cleaner, then you are just as welcome to keep it. This is what we refer to an "optional fix" and is up to the user, so just take this as a recommendation from my side.4.Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Link 3Link 4 Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how. Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator) A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed. If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply5.Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFixThis tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or C... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334715/google-redirect-issue-had-pop-ups-chrome-and-exe-file-issues-that-seem-fixed/
Relevancy 48.16%

hardware concerning: ethernet, specifically nforce4 network controller (drivers

situation: Assigning pc to static ip of router (wrt54g) ie; 192.168.1.xxx default gateway, and primary dns as 192.168.1.1

problem: upon bootup the network can not find the proper route and has to diagnose/troubleshoot to fix the problem, which was a nag every time and gadgets like weather and such would not be updated until this was resolved. If leaving network to dhcp the problem would not occur or nag. Yes dhcp set on router.

solution: simple really, going to nvidia's site and installing the latest nforce4 platform drivers fixed the problem (which i think is just a reinstall of the drivers as i think they are the same that are packaged with win7 7000. Have not checked this yet to confirm

A:[fixed] Constantly troubleshooting network after boot [/myself]

Hi Digger,

Welcome to the forums, glad you found a fix for your problem and thanks for sharing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2817-fixed-constantly-troubleshooting-network-after-boot-myself.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I warmly welcome

I have a problem with configuring network cards

WIFI comes nicely with DHCP pool 192.168.0 .*
but

I have a virtual network adapter "Microsoft Loopback Adapter"
in it I have to have a static IP address 2.0.0.5
and set it manually (IPv4)

the problem is that the WiFi card is still changing my IP address of the virtual card

how to prevent it?

I wanted to wifi card automatically collects the IP address
but did not interfere in the virtual adapter's IP

A:Wifi DHCP - the second network card on a fixed IP

I quote (from ):

Quote:
Microsoft Loopback Adapter is a dummy network card, no hardware is involved. It is used as a testing tool for a virtual network environment where network access is not available. Also, you must use the Loopback adapter if there are conflicts with a network adapter or with a network adapter driver. You can bind network clients, protocols, and other network configuration items to the Loopback adapter, and you can install the network adapter driver or network adapter later while retaining the network configuration information.

Given that, there is no way your wi-fi card can "change" the IP address of your fake network adapter. If you set a static IP for ANY adapter, it WILL stay that way, regardless if one adapter is set to release and renew based on DHCP and one is not.

I even tried it myself. I installed the loopback adapter, set an IP and all that for it, released ALL DHCP'd IPs and renewed them. the static IP for the loopback adapter didn't change.

Take a look at your settings again, make sure you didn't miss something.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/132348-wifi-dhcp-second-network-card-fixed-ip.html
Relevancy 48.16%

After the Win Threshold Upgrade many users are having Networking issues especially not being able to see other PC's on the network in File Explorer's Network panel and Homegroup panel I have Laptops on my network and encountered this issue and have spent several days tweaking all sorts *** My How & Computers Network Homegroup Missing *** Fixed I of settings and trying many solutions I saw online Finally one worked and now I can see all Laptops in each panel in the Network section and *** How I Fixed My Missing Network & Homegroup Computers *** all Laptops in each *** How I Fixed My Missing Network & Homegroup Computers *** panel in the Homegroup section So everything is back to functioning properly This is what worked for me Open the services menu by clicking start and then typing 'services msc' and pressing enter Look for the following services in the list DNS Client Function Discovery Provider Host Function Discovery Resource Publication Peer Networking Grouping HomeGroup Provider HomeGroup Listener SSDP Discovery UPnP Device Host I reset each of these settings FROM quot Manual quot TO quot Automatic quot one by one Right after doing each of those changes I RESTARTED each service On two of the Laptops I had to LEAVE the Homegroup and REJOIN it I shut down all the Laptops and restarted each back up one at a time starting with my primary Laptop which was the creator of the Homegroup Everything is displaying perfectly now The only other change today was I got this Cumulative Update which updated Win on all Laptops Cumulative Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB I'm not sure if that KB update had a part in helping fix things or not but the update did install before things started working again and I did these changes above after the update Win is definitely quite a bit of work to maintain compared to prior versions of Windows and you have to be really tech savvy to know what to do when things stop functioning I can't imagine how users who don't have tech mind skills are handling it Good Luck to those having this networking issue There are a ton of users experiencing problems so Threshold definitely has serious networking bugs BE SURE TO ALWAYS SET A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT BEFORE DOING ANY CHANGES AND ANOTHER RESTORE POINT WHEN YOUR PC IS WORKING AGAIN AND ALSO EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY SO YOU ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP OF THAT TOO

A:*** How I Fixed My Missing Network & Homegroup Computers ***

Hey thanks for your solution to this problem. I have about a dozen computers on my home network, and when I upgraded the devices running Windows 10 to the November 2015 1511 Version, a couple of the Windows devices 'disappeared' from the network map - at least on the Windows 10 devices as I still have a couple of devices running Windows 7 and the 'missing' computers were shown on the Windows 7 network maps. I spent several hours on the phone with Windows Support but in the end they were totally mystified. I searched and searched the web for a few days looking for someone with the same problem and perhaps a solution. I did find one other guy on Windows10forums.com with the same problem but he didn't have a solution either. When I found your thread on this forum I tried it and it fixed the problem completely. Accordingly I've posted your thread on the Windows10forums.com web site as well. How did you figure this out?

Thanks again!

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/30704-how-i-fixed-my-missing-network-homegroup-computers.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Microsoft released its latest Windows Insider Preview build for PCs and phones in the Fast ring today The new Redstone preview follows the release of build a couple of weeks ago Following its release of the Anniversary Update - formerly referred to as Redstone - earlier this month Microsoft said that early Redstone development would focus on structural improvements to the OS But while its latest build is light on new features there are plenty of fixes and issues to be aware of Let s take a look at an improved 10 fixed, PCs on build Windows Preview and still issue 14915: Insider What's the improvements and fixes for PCs in build We fixed Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14915: What's fixed, improved and still an issue on PCs the issue with being unable to use the power button on the Start menu We fixed the issue causing Cortana s text to speech capabilities to not work Cortana should be able to read text messages out loud for you tell jokes sing or give verbal prompts as expected We fixed the issue causing the Settings app to crash on certain editions of Windows when navigating to different settings pages due to a missing dll file We made a number of improvements to translations including fixing an issue in Windows Update where it would say your phone is up to date in French when confirming that your PC was up to date Changing functionality via Settings gt Update amp security gt Windows Insider Program such as your ring settings should now work again on this build For more information see Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14915: What's fixed, improved and still an issue on PCs this forum post We fixed a compatibility issue from a recent platform change that causes apps such as Yahoo Mail Trivia Crack Google and the Skype Translator Preview app to crash We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing a delay in Mail notification toasts appearing We fixed an issue where the Open with dialog s Look for another app on this PC link wasn t working if the dialog appeared after using the Run dialog to open a file with an unassociated file type We have updated the Connect flyout so that the clickable area for each device listed now spans across the full width of the flyout We fixed an issue where if a Chinese Input Method Editor is active it could result in logging in to Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14915: What's fixed, improved and still an issue on PCs not succeed after device goes into and is woken up from Connected Standby We fixed an issue where for certain websites in Microsoft Edge using CTRL A to select all text and then copying it and trying to paste it into Notepad wouldn t paste anything We fixed an issue where importing favorites into Microsoft Edge from Internet Explorer would fail if the Favorites folder had been redirected to another folder for example C Users Documents Favorites And before upgrading to build on your PC you should also be aware of these known issues Adobe Acrobat Reader crashes when you try to launch it You may experience a black screen when signing out and switching to another user account and will be unable to log in to that account A reboot of your PC should allow you to log in to that account Bash may not work after upgrading to this build To get it working again go to Turn Windows features on or off scroll down and check Windows Subsystem for Linux beta and click ok After a reboot Bash should work again The Settings app may crash when going to Settings gt Personalization nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-10-insider-preview-build-14915-whats-fixed-improved-and-still-an-issue-on-pcs.62936/
Relevancy 47.73%

We have been stuck to design a very network in which we are having equipments nodes which have no IP address If at all it is having it is unknown to us though they have a MAC address The situation is like with without Network a Designing IP or addr. with IP fixed address few !! equipments we wish to connect computers and these equipments in a single network these computers act as a redundant of each other If fails other takes over Any of these computers need to communication with BOTH the equipments simultaneously The data or file sent by the computer have to be received by both the equipments at the same time Now we understand that a ethernet switch learns the MAC address of the devices connected with it and sends the data or file to the respective nodes But on the other hand a HUB broadcasts data and sends it to all its nodes Please correct us if we are wrong What kind of scenario would be preferred to make a successful communication between all these equipments I once again emphasis that the equipments dont Designing a Network with few equipments without IP address or with fixed IP addr. !! have any IP addresses or they have the IP address that is not known to us nbsp

A:Designing a Network with few equipments without IP address or with fixed IP addr. !!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/designing-a-network-with-few-equipments-without-ip-address-or-with-fixed-ip-addr.505329/
Relevancy 47.73%

G'day I have addresses Assigning IP fixed in to devices home network a home network comprising of x desktop x laptop x network printer During bootup these devices are assigned dynamic IP addresses typically x where x is typically between and I have a network printer which has some functionality to scan and save documents to a shared folder on any of these devices as shown below Referring to the image above the problem I have is that the computer called COLIN-PC is assigned a dynamic IP address when it boots For example last night it was and the scan functionality worked perfectly as expected since I set Assigning fixed IP addresses to devices in home network it up for that IP This evening its IP address is and as a consequence the scan doesn't Assigning fixed IP addresses to devices in home network work until I change the IP address in the panel in the image shown above I want to avoid doing this each time What is the easiest method for me to assign fixed IP addresses to all the devices in my network Do you need any more information from me to help solve this Thanks Golden

A:Assigning fixed IP addresses to devices in home network

Golden, Most routers have the capability of reserving IP's for the devices on the network.

You can also go into networks and your adapter can be set to a static IP which should be fine.

But, I find that the router is the easiest way to reserve IP's.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249668-assigning-fixed-ip-addresses-devices-home-network.html
Relevancy 47.73%

windows Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Intel need manager in device sign Network help everything under had yellow fixed some Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus Norton Internet Security Disabled wanted to add here are the ones in the device manager with the yellow signs all under Network Adaptors Microsoft to adaptor Microsoft ISATAP adaptor Microsoft ISATAP adaptor Microsoft ISATAP adaptor Teredo Tunneling everything under Network in device manager had yellow sign fixed some need help Pseudo-interface Wan Miniport IKEv Wan Miniport ip Wan Miniport ipv Wan Miniport L TP Wan Miniport Network Monitor Wan Miniport PPPOE Wan Miniport PPTP Wan Miniport SSTP THOSE ARRE THE ONES couldn t get on internet looked in device manager and all yellow signs on everything under network all the WLANs to adapter has adapter and a tunneling one etc I went to hp site and loaded the lan driver and wireless drivers and got the wired and wireless working for internet all the others I cannot get the yellow sign to go away tried the register for the upper and lower filters didn t have them all are the error cannot load the drivers it says the drivers are there but cant load them Ran the microsoft fix it program and it found everyone of the problems with the yellow signs but at the end of it it didn t fix any of them also windows updates are not working cleaned all temps cookies history ran malware bytes cleaned everything it found have avg antivirus right now doing a sfc scannow cause don t no what else to do are the drivers for that other stuff under something other then network for drivers I mean at hp cuase it gives the wireless and wired drivers under network but not reayy anything else It is HP G - WM NOTE BOOK Can anyone help me out here nbsp

A:everything under Network in device manager had yellow sign fixed some need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everything-under-network-in-device-manager-had-yellow-sign-fixed-some-need-help.1062323/
Relevancy 47.3%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

i want to speed up my Network file transfer as fast as "whatever"
is there any way that i can do using script or software or anything
Local area connections speed: 100 Mbps

A:how to speed up my Lan network speed?

Guess you could replace everything with gigabit network cards, switch, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-speed-up-my-lan-network-speed.538203/
Relevancy 43.43%

I just got 16GB of Corsair Dominator 1866Mhz ram. The computer has automatically set the speed to 1333Mhz. I went into the BIOS [I think it was the Bios] and there was no option to change the Ram speed. ProcessorAMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics Video CardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 RAM6.0 GB Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit  HP Pavilion p7-1414 Desktop PC

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Ram-speed-Issue/td-p/5713029
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a dell demension 3000 ( i know nothing special) The original specs were a 512mb ram and a 2.8ghz p4 and i have upgraded it to 2gb of ram and a ati radeon X1550 256mb graphics card. I just reformatted from xp home to xp pro and i have noticed a sever slow down in the computer before battlefield 2 maps would load within 2 to 3 mins and ran smooth now they take close to 5 and are jitterey in the game and simple task on the computer are all jittery and slow to what could be causeing this. is it xp pro or something else. I have ran virus scan and several disk defrag waht could be wrong.

A:Speed issue

Does that computer come with onboard graphics? And if so did you disable it in the BIOS and or uninstall it in device manager? Was the Pro installed fresh? Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the GPU drivers? In the BIOS you'll find a setting that says Init Display First. If you switched from onboard to a graphics card that need to be changed from PCI to AGP or PCI express depending on the systems configuration. The other thing is when the graphics become jerky like that it is often either a GPU unable to handle the applications graphics (like an old card trying to play a new game), or it's a GPU heat issue, but with the heat thing you would probably be getting artifacts (patchy areas that aren't rendering properly) as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.116287/
Relevancy 43.43%

i have the latest BIOS update wich is F36 and i still have the issue from the time i bought this laptop win 8.1 to win 10 all up todate the problem is exisit and every time i upgarding the BIOS software i didnt see the problem has fixed !! the prblem in short that i cant hear the fan loud or maximum speed when i play game when the CPU Tem reach 80c the Fan did not reach the maximum speed (with that said CPU must not reach higher than 70c ) even though my FAN did not work properly )that i heared before every time i tried to update the BIOS ican heare it extreamly load and clear  . please HP this is supper proiority and must be fixed as soon as possible i cant play any game at this moment because of lack of speed in the fan to cool dowen the cpu .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/fan-speed-issue/td-p/5854677
Relevancy 43.43%

Just got an EVGA GTX570 Superclocked GFX card. Card works like a dream! One thing though. EVGA Precision will now only let me take the fan speed up to 85%. Can anyone tell me why or how to fix the issue? I have completly uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them but i can still only acheve 85% fan speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-speed-issue.161308/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, i am using a zoom modem. i am connected but the speed is slow. on checking the router status it is showing the downstream speed as 1728 and upstream as 448, but when i run a online speed test it gives a speed of 130kb/s and upload as 377Kb/s.On the router by gateway is showing as 217.47.151.193 and the ip is showing as

On CMD the gateway is 10.0.0.2 and the same ip.

Please suggest what i need to do to get the same speed that is showing on router status.

A:speed issue

hi the problem is resolved it was the problem with the modem i bought a new linksys modem and now i am geting the same spped as showing on the router status, but will any one suggest what may be the issue with the zoom modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue.804691/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ran into a bit of a snafu wondering if some kind soul s might take pity and offer a hand I ve had this computer home built for a few years and never had any problems with it I turned on the computer yesterday and the BIOS is showing the incorrect CPU it shows Athlon XP I can t remember what it used to say I think but I m not Windows XP is showing my speed as Ghz which is Mhz less than it Speed Issue CPU used to show as it used to show xGhz I don t know exactly what my CPU is so I don t know what to look for when changing my CPU Speed Issue FSB multiplier and such I used CPU-Z hoping it would give me some clue but it is also telling me I have as an AMD Athlon XP Barton Currently my multipler is set at and my bus speed is Can anyone help me locate my missing Mhz Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-speed-issue.801691/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I have recently just got Virgin Media 10mb connection (wireless). Me and my friend share this connection, he has a mac i have a pc(laptop). It seems that my friend can get near enough full speed with downloads etc (tested on speedtest.net), my friend got nearly 10mb download speed, however I averaged at 6mb. Another example, my friend downloaded a file from a website, the speed went at about 1.5mb/s, I then downloaded the exact same file directly after his download had finished, my average download speed was 250kb/s.
My wireless card is "intel(r) pro/wireless 3945abg", it is a 54mb/s card so it should be more than capable to get the full 10mb/s that is offered to me. Any help in how to 'de-restrict' my card to obtain the full speed?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 43.43%

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

A:speed issue with Win 7 pro x64

Quote: Originally Posted by pctechdude

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

Could be a bad network driver, configuration issue, bad cable, conflict with another device on wifi, dns, etc

Can you go to start>search>type cmd>right click and run as admin>ipconfig /all

Take a screenshot and upload it to us.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139915-speed-issue-win-7-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 43.43%

HP DL145
2.32ghz x2
2gb RAM
Win7 x64

I am having a strange issue. My wired download speed is .80/mbps while my upload is 8.5/mbps. The connection is FIOS 35/35 and I am having zero issues with any other cpu on the network wired or wireless.

This is a new machine with a fresh install on it. The only 'third party' app is Chrome.

Network setup is follows:
Verizon FIOS ont box > Cisco E1000 Router > Linksys 24port 10/100 switch

This box is plugged into the switch at the end of the chain. I have swapped cables and have tested different machines. Everything else is working fine but not this machine.

Any tips?

A:Speed Issue

Is that the speed that you are seeing when you download a file or is it through a speed test?

Also, if that is the speed while downloading a file but your speed test is fine; Does the download start high then drop down?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181580-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I have bought this laptop, in the product specification it tells me the ram speed should be ddr3 1600 MhzI have downloaded bios updates, and now the HP Support assistent tells me my ram speed is only 800 Mhz??I went inside bios but it doesn't give me options to change ram speed. 800 Mhz is slow. is there a way to change itback to 1600 or at least 1333 Mhz? Regards

A:Ram Speed Issue

@ginoversace?, welcome to the forum. Your RAM is Double Data Rate (DDR).  Therefore, if you take 800 MHz x 2 you have 1600 MHz. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ram-Speed-Issue/td-p/5778237
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently added memory to my Gateway FX 7026 quad core. After I was done with the process, during the post process an error flashed across (too quick to capture unfortunately), but it had to do with a Microsoft Handler of some sort. The net result is that my cpu cooling fan is running constantly at top speed now. I have had the system for 6 months and it has never run like this before.

Any ideas?

A:Fan Speed Issue

Hello Erekosa, welcome to Vista forums!

Seeing that you're having issues with new RAM installed and 'handler' issues; it may be that the 'new' RAM is bad! (it happens)

The best option would be to burn Memtesr86 to a CD and test each stick individually for at least one full pass.

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190019-fan-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am taking a class at my school, and they lent us these older Dell laptops that run at 1.3ghz, have 800mhz fsb, and contain 256mb ddr ram (loaded up bios on the computer to see). What I can't figure out is the fact that whenever I log on using the schools user name, the computer takes a good 30 seconds logging on, and starts out with 100% usage of the cpu, although only has 22 processes. I end around six or seven of them, although the computer speeds up, it is still slow. It could probably use a good defragmenting, though it wouldn't slow down that much, right? Also, the computers are very restricted. I know some bugs with Xp that can remove the administators password, but I won't touch these computers further than I have.

A:Speed issue

Hi cfitzarl,

I don't know if there are 1.3 GHZ CPU's with a 800MHZ FSB. I think those 800MHZ FSB CPU's are Northwood's C (A or B, donīt know ), and Prescotts.
There are 1.3GHZ P4's, with 400MHZ FSB, some P3's with 133FSB, etc.

Regarding the machine, I'd defragment it, but it would take a while. I don't think that you have time to do it.
Also, it could have viruses, and crap like that.

Anyways, 1.3 GHZ is a little slow for windows XP, so don't expect miracles, especially if they have a normal coppermine Celeron CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speed-issue.58547/
Relevancy 43%

Welcome and well met Here s my computer laptop specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Speed issue Internet Processor L AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire Antivirus None I have internet service from excede by wildblue satellite with a cable modem It s supposed to be up to Mbps Average I m getting is around - Mbps according to speedtest net The site also says I m accessing the net from Stanton MI I happen to live just north of Chicago IL Share the internet with my sister who has an older desktop with Windows Internet Speed issue XP on it Last weekend I bought a new router from MicroCenter A Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Gigabit WNDR v Both my laptop and my sister s desktop are plugged in Internet Speed issue to it Hasn t helped from what I can see I use IE for my browser I ve tried Firefox and Chrome and didn t find either of them any faster than this Can anyone tell me why my speed is so bad Is it my desktop Maybe my cat e cable is old My biggest gripe right now is that watching videos STINKS online Also I enjoy playing certain Facebook games like Journeys of Jesus and Disney Ghost of Mystwood They re horribly slow to load Can anyone offer me any suggestions of what could be causing the slow-down Thank you nbsp

A:Internet Speed issue

That is not a bad speed at all. The advertized speed is the maximum, rarely achieved in real situations. The location of your internet connection is where WildBlue's servers connect you to the internet.

Not sure what to say about your video problem except that when I had a 2 mbps connection, I watched YouTube without many delays. A lower quality feed may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-issue.1089717/
Relevancy 43%

I am using a D-Link DIR-655 router on a Windows Home Server network.

When I connect the WHS to a cable upstairs (short cable) I get Gigabit connection speed, however when I put the server downstairs (10 metre cable), I only get 100 Mb LAN speed.

The only difference is the CAT-5e cable and length.

Do I need a shielded CAT-5e or a CAT-6 cable.

The WHS box needs to be downstairs.

Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-speed-issue.735587/
Relevancy 43%

Hello Everyone,

i am downloading google softwares with fast speed but slow on other sites slow speed.....

I mean when i download any google softwares and youtube videos ..download speed will be about 1Mbps but when i download from any sites like softpedia.com or other sites ..download speed will be about 25 kbps...please guide me ...

Thanks

Jenisbob

A:Issue on download speed

First what kind of internet service do you have, and what speed.
Test your internet using dsl reports, or speedtest. I prefer speedtest: Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

How are you connecting to the internet, wired or wireless. Also as a side note the slow download speeds could also be on the downstream server end. The number of simultaneous downloads, they might throttle back the server to save bandwith, etc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-on-download-speed-657806.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi all.

My friend sent me a message about his laptop. He formatted it last night because it was running very slow, but the problem continues.

What sort of things should he look at to fix his issue?

Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 43%

Okay here s a real head-scratch-er About days ago I started noticing some serious speed issues with web browsing while using my wireless router Every once in a while I will notice little differences during what may be peak hours and whatnot Internet issue Serious speed but this is far worse I decided to do a speed and ping test and I got an F on my network that Serious Internet speed issue normally receives a low A or high B I ran a gamut of spyware tests and I am clear there Anyway the real thing that is confusing me is I attempted to connect via a hardline the cable I use to connect to my wireless router so I at least Serious Internet speed issue know it s functional but the network was unidentifiable and I could not get an internet connection but when I reconnected my wireless router and let everything restart I was able to connect wirelessly using the same modem that would not connect me through an ethernet cable I have a Belkin n wireless router and I would appreciate any help available Thanks nbsp

A:Serious Internet speed issue

Are you remembering to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) the modem when switching the device connected to it?

What download/upload do you get with a connection directly to the modem with Speedtest.net? With an ethernet connection to the router? With a wireless connection to the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-internet-speed-issue.1045478/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys after installing some new RAM i checked CPU-Z to see if all was ok, and it doesn't seem to be.

I bought some Crucial Ballistix 8Gb 1866MHz, however is doesn't seem to be running at 1866 more like 667MHZ.

I have a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 and a AMD FX-4100

Is there way i can force the speed on the RAM to 1866?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Toby

A:Memory Speed Issue

CPU-Z reports the clock frequency of the RAM. DDR (DDR2, DDR3) transfer data twice per clock tick, so CPU-Z reports 667MHz for DDR3-1333.

Most motherboards seem to run DDR3-1333 and up at DDR3-1333 by default. To get the higher frequency, you'd either need to set the BIOS to use XMP, or manually set the RAM frequency and timings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/283103-memory-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey all boys and girls First post Now to my question problem I have just bought a laptop from Fujitsu Siemens Its a model Amilo M G and it runns with Pentium M Gz GB worth of RAM - Please Help! speed issue Wireless LAN Nvidia MB Please Help! - Wireless LAN speed issue Go Integrated wireless b g Windows Home Edition SP Norman Virus Control just updated Router is D-Link DI- For more spec just ask me I have a problem with my wireless speed My signal strength is max when ever I am inside my house But the speed gets as low as Mbit s My brother has a laptop and it runns just fine with the WLAN and he can play intenet games surf and everything else with out problems We live far away from anyone else so it cannot be that someone is stealling my connection There are people with a simmilar problem http forums speedguide net archive index php t- html And it happens to quite manny so there has to be some sort off solution My friend told me it might be a firewall issue Can that be it and what do I do to get rid off it Any help is greatly appreciated Thanx Hyper nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hey Techist Community I was wondering if you guys could help shed some light on this issue since it's been puzzling me for a couple of days now I recently bought a new wireless router which is wirelessly bridged with my Router Modem downstairs all setup fine on my laptop it shows down and up through the ethernet cable excellent stuff However on my desktop PC using the SAME ethernet cable I get down but zilch upload on speedtest net the upload doesn't even start to test it OS Windows -bit Professional Ethernet Driver Installed Killer E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Downloaded latest version from the MSI website earlier Motherboard MSI Z -G Gaming Socket HDMI D-Sub DVI -Channel Audio ATX Motherboard So ye laptop gets down and up then using same cable and not moving the router whatsoever I put it in my desktop PC and I get down and zero up I believe Upload LAN Speed Issue this is a hardware issue which Is why I posted it here but if I've posted in the wrong section then please accept my apology

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/lan-upload-speed-issue-277107/
Relevancy 43%

Ok, I'm stumped by my internet issue. Maybe you can shed some light on it.

Ping is averaging 11000ms, upload 0.01-0.07, download 0.2-0.4
Here's the setup: AT&T modem --> Linksys Router --> 2 simple switches --> computers

What I tried:
1. I plugged in a laptop directly to the modem and speed is back to normal.
2. I swapped out a cat 5 cable between the modem and router and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.
3. I swapped out the router with a new one and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.

So the router is fine. I don't think it's the switches if everything is working fine for a couple minutes. Also, my wireless is fast and then bad again when I tried swapping stuff out.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone, I am using a linksys WRT54GS wireless router and usually works fine, but lately I noticed it's been getting slow speeds and then when I restart the router it goes back to normal and very fast for about 20-30 minutes (could vary and be longer sometimes). But then after that it goes back to it's slow speed until I restart it again.

When I bypass the router it works fine with direct connection, all my firmware is upgraded, getting 100% signal strength, it's not just my computer because when I ping from the router admin panel it gets all request timed out aswell.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Relevancy 43%

Hey chaps I have just got bt broadband and a homehub v However I am trying to use utorrent on my desktop The main router that is being used is a TP- Link TD-W N which is then plugged into a powerline adaptor This comes out of the other powerline adapter in another room and goes into the bt homehub which I am using as a hub the ethernet cable comes off this into the desktop When I use my laptop on the wireless and connect with utorrent I can Issue utorrent speed with get speeds of up to MB d l but when I use the desktop I can only get around - KB s Issue with utorrent speed I have followed stuff online and set Issue with utorrent speed port forwarding on the homehub but Issue with utorrent speed I am still getting terrible speeds Can anyone help Thanks Chalph Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT GTO Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DG WH AAD - BQWH HU Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Issue with utorrent speed

For your convenience here is a copy of the rule:
P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Torrents, Kazaa, LimeWire, RapidShare, Pirate Bay, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-utorrent-speed.993971/
Relevancy 43%

I'm running a DSL connection from a router to my wireless laptop. Regularly my speeds aren't quite as advertised but I still get 2-4 Mb/s generally. Lately it seems my web browsing has been sluggish and doing a speed test, this is proven.

However, bittorrent downloads go much faster than normal browsing.

Can anyone explain to me why this might be? I thought my slow speed could be due to my latency, but that doesn't explain to me why bittorrent is so much faster!

Relevancy 43%

hi guys,

what would cause a slow wireless connection?
the computer thats wired is fast enough...
but on the toshiba it takes 20 to 35 seconds for google to open...
what i have tried:
i have updated the browser to internet explorer 7
i installed firefox 2.0.0.9
i uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless Nic and recreated the connection...
very odd...any ideas

Relevancy 43%

I apologize if the answer to this Q has been DSL using can't Xplornet up fixed network cable a cable]...I wireless, a [not hook it posted somewhere but I looked til I went cross-eyed and I couldn t find an answer so here goes Btw I love cross-eyed ppl my grandma is cross-eyed As stated in my title my internet connection is Xplornet fixed wireless The connection from the tripod on the roof into my house is via a network cable This is where my problem lies I am quite sure what else to do because I need the modem along with the router for my setup apparently NOTE Xplornet fixed wireless, using a network cable [not a DSL cable]...I can't hook it up The following explanation is a result of me following the instruction through my Belkin router setup assistant the setup stops when I cannot get past the first step Since my Siemens SpeedStream external modem s primary input for the internet connection is for a DSL cable I am basically screwed Is there such thing as an adapter to plug a Xplornet fixed wireless, using a network cable [not a DSL cable]...I can't hook it up DSL cable into one end and a network cable into the other end so that I can plug into Xplornet fixed wireless, using a network cable [not a DSL cable]...I can't hook it up this IN port All of the other ports on the modem are for network cables of course but they are outgoing ports HELP nbsp

A:Xplornet fixed wireless, using a network cable [not a DSL cable]...I can't hook it up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xplornet-fixed-wireless-using-a-network-cable-not-a-dsl-cable-i-cant-hook-it-up.1015842/
Relevancy 43%

It s me again guys but since last time I have bought a new desktop and a tablet and I am now re-attempting to setup my a wireless network so that I can use the tablet As I played around with the tablet I pressed the wifi button and lo and behold it detected my router told me my IP address etc But it will not allow me to browse the internet because I am not connected and fixed wireless up problems network my Xplornet wireless setting Having my with when I run the setup disc on my pc step - checking settings in computer and router for the router it tells Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless me that setup Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless assistant is not able to connect to the router via any of the network adapters in this computer I know that I don t have it setup correctly but I don t know what else to do I have the ethernet same as a network cable right cable coming from outside That goes to the one and ONLY port in the back of my tower I m stuck Please help Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless Thanks again guys Jeff nbsp

A:Having problems setting up my wireless network with my Xplornet fixed wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-problems-setting-up-my-wireless-network-with-my-xplornet-fixed-wireless.1030514/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all

My LAN interface connects only with 100Mb/s speed with no reason though it is 1Gbit capable card (Intel 82577LC). I tried it with 3 devices (router, switch, PC directly) and a lot of cables, which are works with 1 GE speed between each other except for Toshiba laptop.

Did anybody meet this problem too? Is there any fix for it?

A:LAN 1G speed issue in Satellite R630-143

The integrated Intel 82577LC Lan card supports the 10 BASE-T / 100 BASE-TX and 1000 BASE-T network standards.

Usually you can change some LAN card options in the LAN card properties.
Go to device manager -> LAN card (Ethernet) -> click right and choose Properties.
Switch to ?Advanced? tab.

Now you should see all options which could be optimized

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71774-LAN-1G-speed-issue-in-Satellite-R630-143
Relevancy 42.57%

I purchased 10? Windows Dell issue? XPS 13..speed/RAM and received my Dell XPS 13..speed/RAM issue? Windows 10? new DELL XPS I intel laptop two days ago I opted for gb RAM and SSD I was torn between this and the macbook pro for university I have never had apple and decided to stick with microsoft just for ease of use with onedrive and what I know I have always heard negative things about windows but have had a chromebook up until now After researching Dell's laptop I thought surely a gb RAM and SSD would mean I would not have any issues unfortunately after onyl two days of using it I am getting slow responses Some examples just clicking on cortana it seems to crash occassionaly I opened a rd tab on Microsoft edge and the screen lagged and crashed for - seconds Opened a PDF from gmail which had pages laptop froze for seconds Opening microsoft word takes way too long and loads for a while My internet is fine IMO is this the laptop Windows or a mixture of both I really thought a laptop of this quality should manage to run windows with no issues Has anyone got any ideas Thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/dell-xps-13speedram-issue-windows-10-4603600/
Relevancy 42.57%

I Live in India(Madhya Prradesh,Indore). I have Tikona Broadband Connection and Netgear WNR612v3 router.
While I am connected through direct ethrnet then I get full 4mbps speed and while I am connected through router then the final speed is 4mbps but with many fluctuations. Please Help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speed-issue-with-netgear-router.1156260/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have an issue that whenever my Desktop PC resumes from sleep the CPU fans will only spin up to issue from CPU low fan Sleep- speed Resume c rpm leading to a CPU temp of c C Whenever I do a clean boot restart or resume Resume from Sleep- CPU fan low speed issue from hibernate the CPU fans spin up to c rpm leading to a CPU temp of c C Now I know some will say even C is too high but my CPU has a max temp of C amp I don't get any issues at this temp So why when I resume from sleep are the fans not controlled properly Is this a BIOS issue- cannot see any relevant settings to change Is there some Advanced Power Management setting I need to change- I cannot find anything ACPI fan driver issues I have tried SpeedFan but I have the same issue BTW Speedfan with all fans at noisy leads to a CPU Temp of c C I'm at a loss really I would like to use sleep rather than shutdown or hibernate

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396867-resume-sleep-cpu-fan-low-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently reinstalled XP on my computer after erasing my entire HD, the problem is that it seems to be a lot slower for some things. For example, when I open a folder and drag the window across the screen, it's extremely laggy, when it used to be perfectly fine and smooth. Or when I scroll down on a webpage, it's also very slow and the frame rate, I guess, is horrible.

I suspect this might be because the Windows partition is 5GB instead of 30GB on my HD.

Also, I have a USB mass storage device and windows has made it the C:\ drive, and the internal HD is now J:\ How do I correct this?

A:Noticeable speed change + HD issue

Also, I have a USB mass storage device and windows has made it the C:\ drive, and the internal HD is now J:\ How do I correct this?

You disconnect the external hard drive and then do a full re-install of Windows and during it you make it do the drive C:\ First backup any important data and format the drive that the Windows XP is installed on now.

Here are instructions on doing a full install of Windows XP

Microsoft KB - How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310353

Remember to watch for where the installation program want to put drive C:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/noticeable-speed-change-hd-issue.492824/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have recently chosen a new ISP and am paying for a 1Mbps connection.The problem is that i get a very low download speed of say 16Kbps only when i download using IE. Howver when i use a download manager speeds move up to 100 Kbps and the download gets completed in 1/7th of the time.

Another thing that seems related is that even if i download 6 -7 files at one time (simultaneously) each one will download at around 16 - 18 Kbps totalling to the same overall seed that i expect to get on my 1Mbps connection

Is there something i can try from my end before i blame my ISP?

A:unique downloading speed issue

If you download the same exact file from the same location via another browser, are speeds normal?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/157238-unique-downloading-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys Recently my internet has been extremely slow but only on my computer I built the current PC I am using and I also built Internet Speed Issue Download my previous one which my little Internet Download Speed Issue brother uses His download speed is fine average at mb s my partners laptop download speed is averaging at mb s thats with a bar signal as well yet my download speed is this http www speedtest net result png That's the thing I don't get my PC is a lot more powerful than my previous one as well I have ran Virus scans though AVG Disk Clean ups Defrags Malwarebytes scans for Malware yet that doesn't seem to help at all although I got rid of Malware issues which was good I have re-installed and updated my Ethernet drivers and that also hasn't done a thing I have had a look on Google went through a lot of forums and tried out different approaches to this without success so any help would be extremely appreciated I am connecting with a Network cable via a Netgear Wireless N Modem Router - Model DGN I have tried running safe mode and the internet speed is still the same I replaced my cable with a new CAT Cable and also tried switching ports on the router which also didn't work Last night I disabled my windows firewall and my antivirus and then ran speedtest and the speed got up to a maximum of mb s which is a big change from mb s This didnt last long though but it did stay the same after I turned everything back on I used to use AVG but deleted that and installed MSE once I scanned with that I found a Java exploit virus and a virtool win obfuscator xz virus I removed the Java exploit but failed to remove the virtool win obfuscator xz I decided I would try and get rid of its origin some game ISO's I had which are now deleted But I think this virus is still lingering and messing with my computer I dont know if it is directly causing issues with my internet but the speed of my internet feels like its slowly degrading everyday I have been through some other forums about this virus and I tried to follow the great advice of Jacee but I cant download any of the tools to do the job that she is asking I am almost at the point of re-installing Windows as this getting extremely frustrating All your help will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your replys

A:Internet Download Speed Issue

Hi NomadAU, welcome to Seven Forums.

I recently had similar problems with my Netgear DGN2000. It would download on my wired desktop pc at a snails pace. On my laptop, speed was excellent. When I wired my laptop to my router it would load my home page only and gave No Internet connection. If I moved the ethernet cable to any other ports on the router to my desktop pc it would give No Internet connection.
Removing all connection related settings from both pc's and resetting router to factory default did nothing to improve anything. So I bought a Netgear DGN2200v3, now normal service resumed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288289-internet-download-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I am not seeing anything higher than 54.0 mbps connection speeds with my N wireless set up. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated!!!

My equipment/cable service is as follows:

Cablevision Optonline with Boost (30 downstream/5 upstream/100 mbps wired LAN)

Laptop specs:

Gateway M6817 with Vista Home Premium/IntelŪ Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
2 gb ram, 250 HD, Intel Centrino Duo Core 2, 1.5 ghz processor

Router:

Belkin Wireless N model #F5D8233-4

Router settings: WPA2PSK/AES
20/40mhz bandwidth
b/g/n mode (laptop does not connect on N only mode)

***I also downloaded the most recent firmware/drivers for the network card and Belkin router***

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I'm currently having a problem with my win7 64 bit desktops wireless speed. It has recently decided to slow to a crawl I'm talking to the point where the speed is measured in bytes not kilobytes when accessing the net and downloading files. I know it's the computer not my network as other wifi gear still works at full speed.

The only change I have made is to switch antivirus from kaspersky to mcafee, I use a Asus wl-138g v2 wifi card( I know it's old but it's been very reliable until now). Any help would be apreciated, thanx in advance.

A:Speed issue or lack there of with wireless

Sorry you are having issues dis0wned1!

Disable, or uninstall and burn (with a match) Mcafee.... I had the same issue on a clients lappy! Removed Mcafee and issue went away!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77219-speed-issue-lack-there-wireless.html