Windows Support Forum

Network connection issues (year after year)

Q: Network connection issues (year after year)

I have an installation folder on my main machine(Windows 7) with all my software. I have repeatedly run into issues connecting odd devices to my shared folder. This time I have installed Windows 10 Technical Preview (on a different machine) and don't understand why it tells me I can't access my own machine. After all these years, you would think user friendly would be a reality. It seems to be a coin toss as to which machines will connect. I hate never knowing I can access my own machine without issue. Here I am trying to install applications but yet I can't get to my storage location.

What is the secret to sharing your machine, so that anyone on the same network can access shared folders?

Edit: I always turn on "Network Discovery" and "File and Print Sharing".

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network connection issues (year after year)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network connection issues (year after year)

I'm more brutal via the firewall:

set trust localhost and your lan ip's, eg 192.168.0.1/24

then add two rules for only the PRIVATE PROFILE

inbound allow tcp/udp from 192.168.0.1/24 to any for ports 137-139,445
outbound allow tcp/udp from any to 192.168.0.1/24 for ports 137-139,445
I use a much more complicate scheme in reality to enforce known vs unknown devices and to segregate WiFI from wired access, but that's just me.

In services, ensure these are running

Bonjour Service ( mDNSResponder)
fdPHost
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-issues-year-after-year.208880/
Relevancy 99.76%

About an hour ago my son found my laptop unattended and before I could stop him from doing any additional damage the computer was off. I restarted it and was no longer able to connect to my wireless network.

When I attempt to connect to a wireless network, I receive a message that no wireless networks were found in range.

My other laptop connects to the network and internet just fine.

I'm not sure if this is related, but my ip address is now 0.0.0.0, and when I try to renew/release it I receive the message "No operation ccan be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected."

Device manager lists all network adapters as enabled and working properly.

Laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1505 with Windows XP.

Please help if you can...I'm stumped!

A:Solved: My two year old magically disappeared my wireless network connection!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-two-year-old-magically-disappeared-my-wireless-network-connection.948722/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,
I've read every post I could find on this so I'm sorry to ask another dumb question but here goes.

I created an access database (volunteer work) which has an autoincrement field to issue numbers to animals taken in at our shelter. My 'boss' (also a volunteer) wants this simple autoincrement changed to a value which begins with the two digit year and then has 4 digits, starting with 0001 which will increment sequentially and restart at 0001 with the new calendar year. Therefore, records will start with 10-0001, 10-0002, etc for this year and 11-0001, 11-0002 for next year.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 98.04%

I found a post on this exact topic from back in I am trying to incorporate the code into my database and am not able to get the code to work if I make any changes Here is the link to the previous thread http forums techguy org business- increment-field-including-year-restart- html I have also uploaded the database that was provided in the last post If I Autoincrement restart - year including field year each try to change the field and object names I appear to be unsuccessful in having the code still work even when I change the items in the code as well I woud like some help I would like for there to be a Autoincrement field including year - restart each year field called quot RequestDate quot that has the date stamp Autoincrement field including year - restart each year that is keyed in by the user Then after that is Autoincrement field including year - restart each year keyed in on the form the quot AssignmentID quot field is updated to the new assignment number The quot RequestDate quot quot Admit Date quot and quot AssignmentID quot quot ActualFWCNumber quot I am trying to do this in Access If I make changes either the number field doesn t autopopulate or the same number keeps repeating Any and all assistance on this would be great nbsp

A:Autoincrement field including year - restart each year

tamanthalou, welcome to the forum.
As you have posted the original database a copy of your database with no data in it would be better to understand your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/autoincrement-field-including-year-restart-each-year.1132843/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have created
C:\00 - savehere \2012
C:\00 - savehere \2013
C:\00 - savehere \2014

current vba code is:-
ChDir "C:\00 - savehere \2012"
Range("c57:h102").ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:=composedfn & ".pdf"
Is there a way to save to ChDir "C:\00 - savehere \ currentyear
without having to change the vba integer value to each new year? or using if statements for each year? So when the 1st of jan comes it automatically save to the new current year directory and if possible creates a directory at the start of each new year as well?

A:Solved: Save PDF to a year directory each new year or month

If folder exist....

' Does this directory exist? If not, create it.
If objFSO.FolderExists(strParentPath) = False Then
Set newFolder = objFSO.CreateFolder(strParentPath)
Wscript.Echo "Put a ocr fold here" &
Else
'Save it here code'
End If

This will get you the year
CurrentDate = Date
File_Year = DatePart("yyyy",CurrentDate)

You should be able to code it with this info

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-save-pdf-to-a-year-directory-each-new-year-or-month.1059389/
Relevancy 96.32%

at a wal-mart store. It disappeared from my PC although the year not up until 2016. I saw for a minute the Product Key on my PC but it is now gone alone with all traces of Norton 360> How do I reinstall my product key?

A:I bought a 1 year protection for 1 year Norton 360

I'm not exactly sure what you need but if you're asking how to recover the 360 product key so you can reinstall you might try Belarc:http://www.belarc.com/free_download...It will list most/all? of the product keys associated with your installed software. For anything beyond that you may need to contact Norton.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/i-bought-a-1-year-protection-for-1-year-norton-360/2013.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all I have an HP G Notebook PC running Windows Home Premium I have had the laptop since and have used it for general everyday use Over the past couple of years it has become sluggish in its overall performance and has started some strange quirks Here are a few issues I m wondering about -Sometimes when waking it from hibernate the screen won t come on even though the computer will Even upon pressing the keyboard and mouse the screen still won t turn on It takes a hard shutdown and reboot before it turns back on - I generally keep it plugged in but it often tells me that the battery needs replacement and regularly suggests that I use an HP Smart AC Adapter quot for full performance quot Anyone heard of these and laptop with old issues HP 4-year General does it actually improve performance - I maintain and run Trend Microvirus antivirus software and run Advanced System Care to clean out the system however it has still General issues with 4-year old HP laptop become slow in its boot time and regular performance I don t store much on it so there are really no space issues as far as the hard drive indicates and it doesn t receive very heavy usage I m wondering is there anything I can General issues with 4-year old HP laptop do to try to improve the performance or is this a product of a -year old computer these days or General issues with 4-year old HP laptop rather a just a poor computer I d rather extend the life of it if possible over buying a new one right away Thanks for the help Mark nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

In the last year, I've had three BSODs at various times. Once, it happened while I was playing a game, and I assumed the problem was with either my graphics drivers, my graphics hardware, or with the game itself. The second one, however, came while I was using OpenOffice.org Writer, and the third happened this morning, when I was browsing the internet. (I think I have those first two right. I might be wrong, and the .dmp files might show it. After all, it's been a while, and I'm old and my memory is faulty. *chuckles*)

I know three BSODs might not sound like a lot, but I'm moderately concerned, and have no idea how to read .dmp files. I've attached the files, in case that helps, all in one handy .zip.

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.

A:Three BSODs in the last year. No activity connection.

Three different dates (Sept, Nov, and now) and three different causes. The only one relevant is the most recent and it was caused by memory management (probably a driver).

The first was hardware, the second inconclusive, and now memory management. These might all be one offs and the cure might be worse than the disease.

If you want to follow through these tests will help you find out which driver.
These crashes were caused by memory corruption probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have a Raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver Verifer

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition.
Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.
But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows.
If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like.
From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

If you are using win 8 add these
- Concurrency Stress Test
- DDI compliance checking

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Thanks to JGriff2 & Usasma.

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226783-three-bsods-last-year-no-activity-connection.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I built a custom built PC about a year ago it worked perfect and had no issues It was used more as a media server and to share documents and backup pictures so it was always on pretty much I made sure it was well cooled and it never had any issues I reformat it as it seemed to be restarting itself and I thought a reformat and clean up of all the rubbish on it would do it good Since reformatting it seems to have a BSOD issue it is completely random too sometimes its as soon as it starts up and other times it waits a while Here's what I have done so far -Checked all drivers are up to date and installed correctly -Checked all components are seated correctly to the motherboard -Booted in safe mode built BSOD has Custom issues year no after PC a with to see if programs worked in there as read on google to check they do So I read on another Custom built PC has BSOD after a year with no issues forum here someone said to get the Windows mini dump log I have attached to this could anyone help me out please Thanks Jason

A:Custom built PC has BSOD after a year with no issues

Start> Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301791-custom-built-pc-has-bsod-after-year-no-issues.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Well just over a year ago I had an issue with my computer I have no idea what the fix was but it fixed itself and has been fine for over a year Here is the last years post http forums techguy org virus-other-malware-removal -cant-get-past-windows-blue html I was on it today and it froze When computer sometimes) safemode year later (loops issues, Same same - 1 I went to restart it would t start up I got to the windows screen and the bar would freeze and nothing would happen It loops most of the time and if I do get on it is through safe mode So far I have only been able to get the hijack this log as halfway through the GMER one it shut completely down gave me a blue screen and then displayed another screen which I had never seen before Maybe Same issues, same computer 1 year later (loops - safemode sometimes) I can upload a photo of that error I would appreciate some help while I struggle to get the required files Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Same issues, same computer 1 year later (loops - safemode sometimes) Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE E HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http in yahoo com fr fp-spt gen R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http in yahoo com fr fp-spt gen R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - b b c e- f - d -af - fc ce - C Program Files MyScrapNook bar bin SrcAs dll O - BHO Toolbar BHO - e- e d- - d-e e a - C PROGRA MYSCRA bar bin bar dll O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Search Assistant BHO - f fb- f e- f -b d-ccfa d - C Program Files MyScrapNook bar bin SrcAs dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO email protected - B -A BB- DF -B - B E DB - no file O - BHO QuickTime - D AE EA- F - DF-AC - C ACFD - C Documents and Settings Michiels Application Data QuickTime IE QuickTime dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar My Scrap Nook - fe f fb- fc - - f-ee f f - C Program Files MyScrapNook bar bin bar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run KiesHelper C Program Files Samsung Kies KiesHelper exe s O - HKLM Run KiesTrayAgent C Program Files Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe O - HKLM Run APSDaemon quot C Program Files Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe quot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Intuit SyncManager C Program Files Common Files Intuit Sync IntuitSyncManager exe startup O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run Garmin Lifetime Updater C Program Files Garmin Lifetime Updater ... Read more

A:Same issues, same computer 1 year later (loops - safemode sometimes)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/same-issues-same-computer-1-year-later-loops-safemode-sometimes.1052632/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey guys my brother bought his pc about - pc issues replaced year Repeating parts old on and BSODs 5 a with years ago Gainward GTX GS x cpu x gigs of different Gskill mhz sets of ram gb Samsung evo tb WD rpm hdd Asrock extreme mobo And after a few months or within the first year the pc started having issues BSOD's in games different ones not only one tested the ram and it was bad returned it got new ram fixed the issues for a while A while after they returned thought it might be the old Palit gtx gfx card Repeating issues and BSODs on a 5 year old pc with replaced parts as it always showed graphic drivers crashing and rarely BSOD's in Minecraft Smite Skyrim and pretty much everything he played And the temperatures were all quite low barely ever reaching degrees celsius even in games it was very stable temperature-wise After a while we thought it could be a PSU issue so we replaced it as well I got a new GPU for my pc so I let him have my Gainward GTX GS but the issues continued The BSOD's always said it was a sort of a memory issue thinking it's the ram all over again I memtested all four modules without a single error in hours of runtime inspected the PC and saw that my brother placed them incorrectly - the different types were paired up thinking how that might've been the issue i've replaced them from a position to a position so they end up paired This ended up causing even more issues the pc started bluescreening when booting wouldnt boot at all showing there's no bootable device saying that a recent hardware or software change might've done it So I went ahead and tested the modules by their sets red ones and black ones and that has accomplished literally nothing cause it kept crashing no matter which ones were in which would mean that either all four of them are broken or that neither of them are way more likely After a while of research and some long unslept nights I've reached a conclusion that it could likely be either the SSD gone bad or the mobo which was very likely I've still taken precausions by testing both the tb WD HDD and the Samsung Evo SSD for bad sectors twice The results were clear not a single bad sector or error was found there There was nothing left to do other than try a new mobo so we've decided for an Asrock Pro since it was the only one in stock Plugged it in today plugged in everything properly and turned on the pc which showed a quot Bootmgr is missing quot error restarted the pc and had a white blinking dash on top of the screen only googled around fiddled around BIOS found that the SATA controller was disabled for the SSD turned it on installed windows in the SSD when starting up it showed a quick glimpse of a blue screen with memory dump info then got to a screen saying I can either quot fix windows installation quot or start normally tried to start normally got another BSOD with a ntfs sys error and another which indicated SSD failure replaced the SSD with a HDD I had left from dad's laptop Tried to install windows on that when I got an error when loading the Windows dvd right after the quot windows is loading files quot screen with various sys errors Unplugged the DVD drive and tried to sort it through a USB bootable Windows installation which had led to the very same issue a BSOD right after windows setup loaded files Hidclass sys this time I've tried to do it with each ram module separately no use If anyone would have a single clue what might be wrong in my bro's pc I'd be very very grateful as we've replaced the GPU mobo ram ssd temporarily PSU so far and nothing seemed to work the only thing we haven't replaced yet is the CPU but after a hours torture test it showed no signs of being broken or even malfunctioning Unfortunately I cannot supply you guys with the latest BSOD's as the pc is inoperable at the moment but I do have those from before we grabbed the new mobo which were from times when we switched around the rams to check them out and before we fiddled with anything in the pc Excuse... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/387108-repeating-issues-bsods-5-year-old-pc-replaced-parts.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Evening guys I returned from my new year celebrations to the usual look on my parents face s when I ve been away - computer problems Typical At some time on New Years Eve the laptop would no longer access the internet ----- My ISP is o in the U K Expected Upstream is around Kbps Kbps O wireless box II Product Name TG v Software connection New the since on Lost machine Solved: Year. internet Vista Release Problem occurs Solved: Lost internet connection on Vista machine since the New Year. whether wired or wireless Fujitsu Siemans Amilo Windows Vista Home Premium Cannot connect in any browsers ----- We have Solved: Lost internet connection on Vista machine since the New Year. three machines in the house A desktop and laptop running Windows XP have no problems connecting The remaining laptop running Windows Vista fails to connect I contacted my ISP and told me it wasn t an ISP issue as when I ran the following tests from within the command prompt netsh int ip reset netsh winsock reset catalog etc no IP information was returned I have disabled amp reinstalled Anti-virus AVG free and Firewall Zone alarm Free to No effect But Zone alarm is struggling to initiialize - True Vector service I think I have disabled amp Uninstalled the network adapters to no effect I am now going to copy in a log of the standard ping tests Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users dave gt ping Pinging with bytes of data PING transmit failed error code PING transmit failed error code PING transmit failed error code PING transmit failed error code Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users dave gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users dave gt nbtstat -n NetBT is not bound to any devices C Users dave gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name dave-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No A system restore had already been attempted by my parents which apparently failed There were restore points for the past two days back to but everyone of them failed I noticed that on New Years Eve and again on New Years Day there was a restore point created for the installation of a Windows Update Apparently Zone alarm was updated to again not by me So there may be a conflict here That was a further reason for disabling and resinstalling Zone Alarm I checked for known issues with any new windows updates and couldn t find any but the person on the helpdesk of my ISP told me they had heard of some Whatever that means I tried booting in safe mode again without effect As stated earlier I have also tried using a wired connection instead of a wireless one ------ I ve ran out of ideas I hope I have included all pertinent information I realise it s already a huge initial post but I have added a DxDiag to the attachments if it helps I would appreciate any and all help on this issue and will be monitoring feedback so I can answer any questions you may have Thanks in advance to the community Stepheny k nbsp

A:Solved: Lost internet connection on Vista machine since the New Year.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-internet-connection-on-vista-machine-since-the-new-year.786397/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello, as the title says I am in my first year of Network Administration courses at my local technical college. Being that I have used this website in the past for help with my computer, I figured it would be a good place to get some miscellaneous questions answered to help with clarifying certain concepts of networking for me. So here goes my first question:

-Is it possible for two nodes to have the same IP within the same network as long as they have different subnet masks (ie on different network segments)?
-Also; say a network that uses DHCP still has nodes with statically assigned IPs on the network(for instance if DHCP was implemented as an upgrade somewhat recently); Is it possible for the DHCP server to assign a new node a previously set and still current static IP? or if this were to happen would it cause problems on the network?

Relevancy 82.13%

Widespread bug FYI - https forums whirlpool net au foru cfm t - see UPDATE paragraph at bottom Just after I updated my Asus laptop from Windows to Windows year anniversary update a virus was detected by Windows Defender so I immediately shut down and performed a reformat via Windows- -install USB stick as I was going to reformat anyway I wish I noted down now what it detected because i've had an issue since Samsung Magician v now reports 'AHCI mode disabled deactivated' and 'unable to detect SATA' I use a Samsung PRO SSD After much testing I found what makes it report this is when in my Asus laptop UEFI BIOS I have 'secure boot' enabled When secure boot in BIOS is disabled AHCI mode and SATA detect reports working normally again Screenshots Error - AHCI disabled deactivated and SATA not detected EUFI BIOS secure boot enabled - Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet No error - AHCI enabled and SATA detected UEFI in 1-year AHCI Widespread Samsung issues update Magician since Win10 BIOS secure boot disabled - Imgur The most awesome images Widespread AHCI issues in Samsung Magician since Win10 1-year update on the Internet I've tried many MBR fixes via command line via repair your computer when booting from Windows install USB but it seems after much reading that my UEFI laptop uses something different and I can't modify it I have secure boot enabled whenever the laptop might be online so it would have been enabled when the virus alert popped up so in theory the boot sector should have been protected So i'm not sure if I might have an infected or invalid boot sector if the Windows anniversary update did something Samsung Magician is misreporting or something else is causing this Note that my Windows copy is legit has a legit key stored in BIOS for laptop which came with the laptop purchase It's not recommended nor a solution to simply leave secure boot disabled eg reason above so i'm not sure how to proceed from here Thoughts UPDATE Ahh looks like others with Samsung Magician v who have installed the -year anniversary update for Windows have also suddenly started getting the same issue So looks like it's up to Microsoft and or Samsung to rectify I'm just very happy that it has turned out to be an issue not at my end See results at Google

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59848-widespread-ahci-issues-samsung-magician-since-win10-1-year-update.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Widespread bug FYI - https forums whirlpool net au foru cfm t - see UPDATE paragraph at bottom Just after I updated my Asus laptop from Windows to Windows year anniversary update a virus was detected by Windows Defender so I immediately shut down and performed a reformat via Windows- -install USB stick as I was going to reformat anyway I wish I noted down now what it detected because i've had an issue since Samsung Magician v now reports 'AHCI mode disabled deactivated' and 'unable to detect SATA' I use a Samsung PRO SSD After much issues Magician since AHCI update 1-year Win10 Samsung Widespread in testing I found what makes it Widespread AHCI issues in Samsung Magician since Win10 1-year update report this is when in my Asus laptop UEFI BIOS I have 'secure boot' enabled When secure boot in BIOS is disabled AHCI mode and SATA detect reports working normally again Screenshots Error - AHCI disabled deactivated and SATA not detected EUFI BIOS secure boot enabled - Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet No error - AHCI enabled and SATA detected UEFI BIOS secure boot disabled - Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet Samsung driver not digitally signed error that began at same time - Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet I've tried many MBR fixes via command line via repair your computer when booting from Windows install USB but it seems after much reading that my UEFI laptop uses something different and I can't modify it I have secure boot enabled whenever the laptop might be online so it would have been enabled when the virus alert popped up so in theory the boot sector should have been protected So i'm not sure if I might have an infected or invalid boot sector if the Windows anniversary update did something Samsung Magician is misreporting or something else is causing this Note that my Windows copy is legit has a legit key stored in BIOS for laptop which came with the laptop purchase It's not recommended nor a solution to simply leave secure boot disabled eg reason above so i'm not sure how to proceed from here Thoughts UPDATE Ahh looks like others with Samsung Magician v who have installed the -year anniversary update for Windows have also suddenly started getting the same issue So looks like it's up to Microsoft and or Samsung to rectify I'm just very happy that it has turned out to be an issue not at my end See results at Google

A:Widespread AHCI issues in Samsung Magician since Win10 1-year update

I'm running the anniversary update with a Samsung 850 Pro and Magician 4.9.7, and I haven't had any issues whatsoever.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/59848-widespread-ahci-issues-samsung-magician-since-win10-1-year-update.html
Relevancy 69.23%

It's 1 year since I had made a question here............... Didn't get any answer.  HP is ignoring problems.......... Here is my question

A:No one help me in 1 year

Hi, Please check your post last year:          http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Finger-print-reader-problem-on-H... Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/No-one-help-me-in-1-year/td-p/5755159
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello form, this is my first question. I'm thinking of getting myself and my daughter a new computer later this year. But I heard that next year or maybe even late this year, Microsoft will come out with a whole new OS called longhorn. Should I wait until after this new OS comes out, because I'm afraid that if I buy a new PC this year, it will be out dated as soon as longhorn comes out. Have any of you heard about when this new OS system will come out, and is it worth me just waiting until then to buy a new PC? Thanks again for your time..

A:Should I get a new pc this year

PC and OS are 2 different things - An XP system will be fine for a long time

You don't want a new OS for at least 5 months after release

What do you have now - Model/Make - speed -memory- OS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-get-a-new-pc-this-year.317461/
Relevancy 69.23%

hello everyone hope the new year goes well for you all i was in BBR when this tool WinPFind was mentioned so i gave it a try i have a query on my hosts file list it created it isnt anything like the mvps or hpgurus list so i was wondering if someone could explain it to me sorry its long but here s the log aspack PM C WINDOWS SYSTEM MRT exe aspack AM C WINDOWS SYSTEM ntdll dll Umonitor AM C WINDOWS SYSTEM rasdlg dll winsync PM C WINDOWS SYSTEM wbdbase deu Checking System Drivers folder and sub-folders PTech PM C WINDOWS SYSTEM drivers mtlstrm sys Items found in Hello Year In New All, Best The C WINDOWS SYSTEM drivers etc HOSTS msxml vpptechnologies com main vpptechnologies com download-dev abetterinternet com web-nexus net www web-nexus net media- vpptechnologies com media- vpptechnologies Hello All, Best In The New Year com media-e vpptechnologies com media-f vpptechnologies com media- vpptechnologies com media-a vpptechnologies com media-b vpptechnologies com media-c vpptechnologies com media- vpptechnologies com media-d vpptechnologies com media- vpptechnologies com static vpptechnologies com download abetterinternet com thinstall abetterinternet com static abetterinternet com www abetterinternet com c abetterinternet com s abetterinternet com ad-w-a-r-e Hello All, Best In The New Year com www ad-w-a-r-e com abetterinternet com st abetterinternet com download abetterinternet com belt abetterinternet com agentq vpptechnologies com xml vpptechnologies com PTech PM C WINDOWS SYSTEM drivers etc HOSTS bak abetterinternet com PM C WINDOWS SYSTEM drivers etc HOSTS bak web-nex PM C WINDOWS SYSTEM drivers etc HOSTS bak ad-w-a-r-e com PM C WINDOWS SYSTEM drivers etc HOSTS bak Checking the Windows folder and sub-folders for system and hidden files within the last days PM S C WINDOWS bootstat dat AM RHS C WINDOWS assembly Desktop ini AM RH C WINDOWS assembly PublisherPolicy tme AM RH C WINDOWS assembly pubpol dat PM RH C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v index b dat PM RH C WINDOWS assembly NativeImages v index c dat PM H C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files desktop ini PM HS C WINDOWS Fonts desktop ini AM H C WINDOWS inf oem inf PM H C WINDOWS inf oem inf PM H C WINDOWS LastGood INF oem inf PM H C WINDOWS LastGood INF oem PNF PM H C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp PM H C WINDOWS Offline Web Pages desktop ini PM RHS C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr PackageStore package cab PM RHS C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr PackageStore package cab PM RHS C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr PackageStore package cab PM RHS C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr PackageStore package cab PM H C WINDOWS repair ntuser dat PM RH C WINDOWS system cdplayer exe manifest AM H C WINDOWS system default user class dat LOG PM RH C WINDOWS system logonui exe manifest PM RH C WINDOWS system ncpa cpl manifest PM RH C WINDOWS system nwc cpl manifest PM RH C WINDOWS system sapi cpl manifest PM RH C WINDOWS system WindowsLogon manifest PM RH C WINDOWS system wuaucpl cpl manifest PM S C WINDOWS system CatRoot F E C - EE- D - E - C FC EE d dx x CAT PM S C WINDOWS system CatRoot F E C - EE- D - E - C FC EE KB cat AM S C WINDOWS system CatRoot F E C - EE- D - E - C FC EE KB cat PM S C WINDOWS system CatRoot F E C - EE- D - E - C FC EE xinput x CAT PM H C WINDOWS system config default LOG PM H C WINDOWS system config SAM LOG PM H C WINDOWS system config SECURITY LOG PM H C WINDOWS system config software LOG PM H C WINDOWS system config system LOG PM H C WINDOWS system config TempKey LOG PM H C WINDOWS system config userdiff LOG AM H C WINDOWS system config systemprofile ntuser dat LOG PM HS C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Application Data desktop ini AM S C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Application Data Microsoft CryptnetUrlCache Content C A C C B FDF F EDC AM S C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Application Data Microsoft CryptnetUrlCache Content B A D DA DDACE EDA F D DEB AM S C WINDOWS system config systemprofile Application Data Microsoft CryptnetUrlCache MetaData C A C C B FDF F EDC AM S C WIN... Read more

A:Hello All, Best In The New Year

my appolagies on the wrong place, still looking at where it all fits

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39350/hello-all-best-in-the-new-year/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello I am looking to upgrade to an new PC next year and I need some Year=New PC New advise on the direction I should go I would like to stay between - for a gaming PC My PC specs OS New Year=New PC Name Microsoft Windows Pro Version Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System New Year=New PC Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Embedded Controller Version BIOS Mode Legacy BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC BaseBoard Model Not Available BaseBoard Name Base Board Platform Role Desktop Secure Boot State Unsupported PCR Configuration Binding Not Possible Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes Hyper-V - New Year=New PC Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes Cosair w cxmod br ATX power supply Name AMD Radeon HD Series PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV amp C C amp amp Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor x Advanced Micro Devices Inc compatible Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD Series Adapter RAM bytes Installed Drivers aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll amdxc dll aticfx aticfx aticfx amdxc atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver Version INF File oem inf ati mtag R B section Color Table Entries Resolution x x hertz Bits Pixel Driver c windows system drivers atikmpag sys KB bytes PM nbsp

Relevancy 69.23%

I am confused. Does the 1 year free upgrade mean that I have only one year to take advamtage of the upgrade or does it mean the free upgrade will have to be purchased after one year to continue to work?

Relevancy 69.23%

My mom's 10+ year old computer died the other day. The light indicator for the PSU lights up but the computer doesn't do anything. When I took a look inside I saw the processor fan was just caked with gunk, dust, etc. It looked like somebody threw mud at it.

Anyways, she has this stuff on her HDD that she was wanting to retrieve. I thought I could just take the HDD out of her computer and hook it into mine and get whatever data she wanted that way and burn it to disc. Is that possible? Or is there another way? My computer is a year old, btw, and runs Windows 7 Home Premium. Her computer was running windows xp sp2.

I don't know what other information to provide for a response right now.

Thanks.

A:10+ year old HDD

It would be a fairly simple thing to do. Due to the age, I assume it is a PATA drive, or IDE connection as it is referred te.

Do you have an external HDD enclosure?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/120612-10-year-old-hdd.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all First of all hope you all have a SAFE and HAPPY NEW YEAR Please check my log to see if everything is AOK Thanks in advance Logfile of end clean-up!!!! Year HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Gold Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLACSD EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C Year end clean-up!!!! WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS UPDATER EN-US MSNAPPAU EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD HP INSTANT DELIVERY HPIDLOG EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGCC EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGEMC EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG FREE AVGAMSVR EXE C PROGRAM FILES ZONE LABS ZONEALARM ZLCLIENT EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLDIAL EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE AOLTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD HP INSTANT DELIVERY HPIDDB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES CONTENT IE D CRBBQR HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www shareware us srchasst html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title LISCO Internet Explorer O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLL O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS ST EN-XU STMAIN DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor c windows taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run HPID Scheduler C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Instant Delivery hpidschd exe O - HKLM Run hpppta C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP PrecisionScan PrecisionScan Pro hpppta exe ICON O - HKLM Run StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE O - HKLM Run msnappau quot c program files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGCC EXE STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGEMC EXE O - HKLM Run AVG AMSVR C PROGRA GRISOFT AVGFRE AVGAMSVR EXE O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM RunServices TrueVector C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE -service O - HKLM RunServices AolAcsDaemon quot C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLACSD EXE quot O - Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online aoltray exe O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C PROGRAM FILES AOL TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLL SEARCH HTML O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS SYSTEM Shdocvw dll O - Plugin for bcf C PROGRA INTERN Plugins NPBelv dll O - Plugin for spop C PROGRA INTERN Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Plugin for pdf C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS nppdf dll O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net ll xscan cab O - DPF E A D - E- F B-A C- D A E EPSImageControl Class - http tools ebayimg com eps activex l v - - - cab O - DPF ED DDF - - BBE- - A EDB D A - http download mcafee com molbin sh mcinsctl cab O - DPF C E-FA D- -BACC-D C EF EPUImageControl Class - http tools ebayimg com eps wl acti v - - - cab O - DPF F A AE -A D- D - - C F EF D Hotmail Attachments Control - http by fd bay hotmail msn com x HMAtchmt ocx O - DPF E D D ... Read more

A:Year end clean-up!!!!

Your log is clean.

Are you having any problems in particular now?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/year-end-clean-up-31555.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Can someone please tell me how to add entries under "Release Year" in Windows Media Player? I have included the screenshot.

Relevancy 68.37%
Relevancy 68.37%

hello there,i was wondering if there is a new autoroute 2003?
help with a link would be appreciated,also i'm havin problems with my internet download accelerator 1.6 demo...is there a better accelerator out there?...thanx

A:is there a new autoroute this year??

Autoroute 2003

Download Fresh Download (freeware, No spyware)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-a-new-autoroute-this-year.139982/
Relevancy 68.37%

I bought this computer and had it custom made from a store early last year and since then i've had a persistent problem with the pc closing down or shutting down problem over year for a On-going randomly when i've been working on On-going problem for over a year programs or gaming I've took the pc back to the guy close to a dozen times and they keep testing the pc on stress tests and they On-going problem for over a year tell me each time it's totally fine and give it me back I've had enough of this pc shutting down Most of the time it will close down when you open multiple windows or two different programs ie World of warcraft and google Sometimes it will close down and my moniter will shut down but i'm still able to hear sound through my speakers ie Still speaking live on ventrilo It's almost like my pc can not handle too much going on at one time Are you able to give me some solutions that i've not already heard And are you also able to give me some On-going problem for over a year programs so I can upload all my pc specs to you guys and you can get a better idea of this problem Thanks in advance EDIT I believe maybe this has a big deal to do with my moniter but i'm not sure I've tried different ones with no sucess

A:On-going problem for over a year

and welcome to the Forum

First thing to do is determine the Brand and wattage of the Power Supply. You will have to open the case and look at it to do that.

It should have a sticker on it that looks like this:

You can download and run the Belarc Advisor to find the details of the hardware. If you post it here, post only the top half that lists all the hardware . . do not post the bottom half that shows your Product Keys.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/on-going-problem-for-over-a-year-473214.html
Relevancy 68.37%

that I've come back running to TSF when my computer is FUBAR Anyway recently my copmuter has slowed down immensly including slowing down when opening programs and my FPS is AWFUL for CS now I ran Ad-Aware and Spybot before this so please help in any way you can Thanks in advance to everyone and especially time year It's that of again... this site Logfile of HijackThis It's that time of year again... v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Free Surfer fs exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe c progra intern iexplore exe c docume hyun-s ut- applic browse debugnounhope exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system mmc exe C WINDOWS system DfrgNtfs exe C WINDOWS System conime exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Hijacks this HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E B-E B - E - C- C C FE D - C DOCUME HYUN-S UT- APPLIC SECOND Bold rect exe O - BHO no name - FE -EC - E -D - F E - C WINDOWS System xfplowmx dll O - BHO no name - BEC C -C D- C - -BEA C BB - C WINDOWS System eahqy dll O - Toolbar o A amp R - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Search - EE A E- - f -A B- D - C WINDOWS System stlb dll O - HKLM Run freesurfer C Program Files Free Surfer fs exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run EE A E- - f -A B- D rundll exe stlb dll DllRunMain O - HKLM Run A F A D- - a - C-D AC F C EB rundll exe E F B DLL D EBC C O - HKLM Run D CE C B rundll exe D CE C B D CE C B O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM RunOnce SpybotSnD quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe quot autocheck O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run does meal C DOCUME HYUN-S UT- APPLIC BROWSE pure cast exe O - HKCU Run Steam D Games Steam exe -silent O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Get siteinfo data fsc - C Program Files EMS Free Surfer Companion fslauncher htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - no file O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java AU O - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - no file O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - DPF CDD - - - B C- B C - http dizzo contents mylinker co kr e MyLinker cab O - DPF A - - - A - B F - http www budle com icon cab O - DPF AD -CDB - E -A DA- EE E BAD - http static windupdates com cab bridge-c cab O - DPF ED - C- ADE-A F- A E A B - http home megapass co kr spage IceCastPlayerX cab O - DPF A - EEF- AE- B -ED A C - http download abetterinternet com L banner cab O - DPF DDE -E - D -A - - http webplugin cab O - DPF B D-E - F A- DB- BAD F - http www niceunse com niceunse cab O - DPF A A C- C - DDB-ADBC- BF C C - http www allmoa com icon cab O - DPF A B A - D - -ADA - C E - http wwl daum net hanmail-ax hanmail cab O - DPF B DED- A - CC - E B- E C B DBF - http www alwaysupdatednews com install aun exe O - DPF B E - - B - -F E B - http www unsedream com unsedream cab O - DPF BAC - DD- ... Read more

A:It's that time of year again...

You should install the spyware prevention programs next time. So make sure you install it when we are done with this. We will provide a link for you to get them.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that 'Display the contents of system folders' is checked. If you have Windows XP, the search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check it):

c:\docume~1\hyun-s~1.ut-\applic~1\browse~1\debugnounhope.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\conime.exe

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {102E506B-E0B6-62E5-213C-987C1C4FE29D} - C:\DOCUME~1\HYUN-S~1.UT-\APPLIC~1\SECOND~1\Bold rect.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {43FE4129-EC47-6E88-D506-125579F5733E} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\xfplowmx.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {9BEC28C4-C65D-8C90-2134-BEA94C995BB4} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\eahqy.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Search - {12EE7A5E-0674-42f9-A76B-000000004D00} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\stlb2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{12EE7A5E-0674-42f9-A76B-000000004D00}] rundll32.exe stlb2.dll,DllRunMain
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [A70F6A1D-0195-42a2-934C-D8AC0F7C08EB] rundll32.exe E6F1873B.DLL,D9EBC318C
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [98D0CE0C16B1] rundll32.exe D0CE0C16B1,D0CE0C16B1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [does meal] C:\DOCUME~1\HYUN-S~1.UT-\APPLIC~1\BROWSE~1\pure 4 cast.exe
O16 - DPF: {091CDD73-1401-4643-9B9C-65B091C88685} - http://dizzo.contents.mylinker.co.k...le/MyLinker.cab
O16 - DPF: {131A7959-7469-4144-84A6-8453998B95F2} - http://www.budle.com/icon0173.cab
O16 - DPF: {15AD6789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} - http://static.windupdates.com/cab/6...e/bridge-c8.cab
O16 - DPF: {2ED18548-033C-4ADE-A17F-3A1E07396A6B} - http://home.megapass.co.kr/~spage/IceCastPlayerX.cab
O16 - DPF: {36A59337-6EEF-40AE-94B1-ED443A0C4740} - http://download.abetterinternet.com...LL58/banner.cab
O16 - DPF: {886DDE35-E955-11D0-A707-000000521958} - http://69.56.176.78/webplugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {91533B0D-E694-4F3A-90DB-76BAD43127F1} - http://www.niceunse.com/niceunse.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A08A04C-7C84-4DDB-ADBC-3BF0212C80C5} - http://www.allmoa.com/icon0097.cab
O16 - DPF: {A00B2A53-60D9-4477-ADA3-60490770C5E0} - http://wwl234.daum.net/hanmail-ax/hanmail.cab
O16 - DPF: {B4831DED-3A57-4CC6-9E4B-0E7C5B08DBF4} - http://www.alwaysupdatednews.com/install/aun_0008.exe
O16 - DPF: {B5949E95-1851-49B7-8671-F5E08B862758} - http://www.unsedream.com/unsedream.cab
O16 - DPF: {BAC01377-73DD-4796-854D-2A8997E3D68A} - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yah...ropper1_1us.cab
O16 - DPF: {BF601E6B-6135-4A49-BFF4-440189EB99E7} - http://www.batangicon.co.kr/GREEN33.cab
O16 - DPF: {D5FC2094-4B01-4F6C-A07C-E247C9442E5A} - http://www.msnplus.co.kr/download/activex/AvatarWeb.cab

Delete the f... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/its-that-time-of-year-again-49253.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I am trying to make a program where the user inputs a date, and the output will be how many days have passed so far in ther year. using c++ this program does not work! just my ideas so far

cin >> day , month , year;
for (q = 0; q < month; ++i){
int q;
cin >> q;
switch (q){
case 1: case 3: case 5: case 7: case 8: case 10: case 12:
monthdays = 31;
break;
case 2:
monthdays = 28;
break;
case 4: case 6: case 9: case 11:
monthdays = 30;
break;
}
totaldays = (monthdays + monthdays);
cout << totaldays;
}

Relevancy 68.37%

OK, I was wondering if anyone could just give me the jist of how to use HTML, I am supposed to be using it to creat a website at school soon.

Relevancy 68.37%

Note Could only get PERFMON to upload I tried to zip the other requested files jcrgriff files but get upload failed message I will try again Hoping you can help-have been working on this alot since December although BSOD-Almost a help year-Need the problems have been going on almost since we purchased Have a Dell Inspiron with Intel Core i CPU GHZ GB Ram bit operating system attempted reinstall don't know if it took Windows came installed when purchased computer Purchased computer Have had BSOD since about a month after purchase Have tried to use Event Viewer to figure out causes and deleted things that appeared in error messages such as uninstalling and removing McAfee then downloading from website removed Nikon files updated BIOS checked all drivers for new software Have tried working with Dell service they had us quot reseat quot the fan heat sink and run diagnostics with no error messages Ran memory diagnostics today however can't find the results screen flashed so fast didn't catch it Thank you in advance for any help

A:BSOD-Almost a year-Need help

For your Memory Diagnostics Results open Event Viewer >> System r-click and select Find... Enter MemoryDiagnostics-Results in the Find what: box and select Find Next

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/146091-bsod-almost-year-need-help.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I've been battling my machine blue screening on a - For BSOD 7 Win Year+ day basis for a year Win 7 BSOD For Year+ now and I've finally had it Previously it wasn't a big deal because I primarily used my machine for streaming and minor gaming but I've been using it a lot more lately so either the problem has to go or the PC has to go What normally happens is the machine will kind of lock up - I can still drill down through start menu but any applications I have open are frozen solid and go into a Not Responding state and eventually the machine will blue screen Now here's the kicker if the machine blue screens I have to load my default BIOS settings and then reset the storage back to AHCI amp RAID otherwise the machine will not boot into Windows If I turn off the machine while it's 'locked up' but no BSOD I do not have to do that I've also sent both of my SSD's back to OCZ and they tested each and both are fine I've also gotten rid of the raid and ran the OS on each SSD individually and the machine still crashes Lastly I went in days ago and updated every driver I could find and my most recent crash was an hour or so ago Crash Dumps http www sendspace com filegroup W b BWpSOAmXrNwdDNqw BkTjs WYFMCu MPzpIjcW dk Speccy Report - This was taken under full load while a game has been running for hour http speccy piriform com results bJGPyIU X QASVxWSTTbyye Minitoolbox http www sendspace com file knpxgc Machine Specs Intel i - k Sandy Bridge http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ASRock Z Extreme Motherboard http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ATI Radeon GB Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G Skill RipJaws X Series GB x GB DDR PC Memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E x OCZ Vertex SSD in raid No Link Western Digital Black TB Storage Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Hoping you all can help Thanks

A:Win 7 BSOD For Year+

to the Bleeping Computer forum.

Thanks for providing the necessary info required for troubleshooting. Please try the below steps.

Free up disk space.

Windows requires at least 15% free space on C drive proper operation. Your system seems to be having only 12% now.

Partition 1
Partition ID: Disk #1, Partition #1
Disk Letter: C:
File System: NTFS
Volume Serial Number: 92921936
Size: 112 GB
Used Space: 97 GB (88%)
Free Space: 14.3 GB (12%)

Uninstall unused softwares and move all the data stored either in desktop or my documents to the second partition.

Update SSD firmware.

Use OCZ toolbox and update the firmware to the latest revision (if not already done). 

http://ocz.com/consumer/download/firmware

You may need to disable RAID temporarily for firmware update. Make sure to update for both drives individually. 

Uninstall Daemon Tools.

Kernel mode drivers used by this program is known to cause issues in some systems. Uninstall it at least as a test. After the uninstall complete, run the SPTD installer to remove SPTD driver properly.

http://www.duplexsecure.com/download/SPTDinst-v183-x64.exe

Run the tool and click the Uninstall button (if not grayed out).

Reapply CPU thermal paste.

Your CPU seems to be overheating.

CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz: 62 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM

62 C at idle state is not normal for an i5 CPU. Please remove the old thermal compound completely and reapply a good quality one like Arctic silver .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arctic-Silver-5-3-5g-gram-Thermal-Paste-Grease-20-uses-/390343907573

After replacing the thermal paste, monitor the CPU temperature using Speccy and check whether it continues to overheat. Please post your findings in next reply. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506596/win-7-bsod-for-year/
Relevancy 68.37%

So as I stated in my forum topic I have been going on with this problem for about a year now. PC for freezing 1 been year now This is my first time reaching out for help over any kind of forum and I hope that there is someone out there like me that have had similar issues and hopefully has a solution PC been freezing for 1 year now. that does not require a bat and a match Anyways I ll cut to the chase This is a custom build and It started freezing up on me when I would play COD It s not a religious freeze up but I would say probably about once every min or so When it freezes PC been freezing for 1 year now. everything locks PC been freezing for 1 year now. up I have to manually reboot the pc to fix it Some times the sound will go in a fast loop and sometimes it wont do anything It tends to freeze up the most when I play World of Warcraft It can go from freezing once every hour to every five minutes I tried playing AoC which is a more graphicly intensive game And it would freeze about once every two hours It rarely freezes when I m not in any type of game but it has frozen up on me at random while either browsing the web or running simple programs like Microsoft word As you can see it has been hard for me to pinpont the issue because it seems totaly random I have done everything to my knowledge to try and correct it and nothing has worked Below is a list of the things I have tried to fix it and my systems specs they should populate with my post I almost feel as if it may be a network issue but am not sure how a network connection would freeze a pc Updated drivers religiously gt gt mobo - video cards - sound - keyboard mice - monitor - network card - OS - etc Ran memtest no errors defraged hard drive I run everest Ccleaner HotCPUtester highjackthis AVG free MemTurbo malewarebytes re-installed OS all games I have had issues with re-applyed thermal paste tried different monitors troubleshot both graphics cards individually Updated BIOS I feel as if I m missing some stuff but you get the idea Any help or Ideas would be great Thank you in advance I forgot to mention I run a W corsair SLI ready PSU Logitech G keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder USB mouse and Logitech G headset nbsp

A:PC been freezing for 1 year now.

hmm id try stripping t down to the bare bones, minimum memory, minimum graphics, basically the minimum you can get of everything, including software, ie dump anti virus and firewall, basically dumpm what ever you can. That way you will find out one of two things.
a) It makes no difference.
b) It makes a difference.
Also I would run some diagnostic/display information on a second monitor so that when it freezes hopefull you have captured what is going on. There might be a pattern.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-been-freezing-for-1-year-now.151135/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello, I plan on taking a lot of computer science classes in my future and i need help or rather a guide to help me learn the basic languages of Java i did a search on google and i jsut cant seem to find a java program that helps me design or make an engine etc. also i need to learn the language so if ne experianced ppl out there who really know Java well pls send me some links or give me some help it would be greatly appreciated. And if there is an easier language (like Javascript) that would be appreciated to although not needed.

Relevancy 68.37%

Good evening everyone. My Dell Windows XP, SP3 has been running fine. Tonight, my 9 year old plugged in the USB a generic kiddie camera. Well, the screen turned blue with some sought of error message. I rebooted and now my CPU fan sounds like its ready to take off. My 9 year is hysterical(emotional girl). Please help! Thanks!

A:PLease help, I think my 9 year old infected my PC!

The symptoms you describe could be symptomatic of a variety of things to include hardware/software issues, overheating caused by a failed processor fan, bad memory (RAM), failing or underpowered power supply, CPU overheating, motherboard, video card, faulty or unsigned device drivers, CMOS battery going bad, BIOS and firmware problems, dirty hardware components, programs hanging or unresponsive in the background, and even malware. If the computer is overheating, it usually begins to shutdown/restart on a more regular basis. When Windows XP detects a problem from which it cannot recover, it displays Stop Error Messages which contain specific information that can help diagnose and resolve the problem detected by the Windows kernel. An error message can be related to a broad number of problems such as driver conflicts, hardware issues, read/write errors, and software malfunctions. In Windows XP, the default setting is for the computer to reboot automatically when a fatal error or crash occurs. You may not see the error code because the computer reboots too fast. An easier alternative is to turn off the automatic reboot feature so you can actually see the error code/STOP Message when it happens - this is also known as the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD). To change the recovery settings and Disable Automatic Rebooting, go to Start > Run and type: sysdm.cplClick Ok or just press WINKEY + Pause/Break keys to bring up System Properties.Go to the Advanced tab and under "Startup and Recovery", click on the "Settings" button and go to "System failure".Make sure "Write an event to the system log" is checked and that "Automatically restart" is unchecked.Click "OK" and reboot for the changes to take effect.Vista users can refer to these instructions: How To Disable the Automatic Restart on System Failure in Windows Vista.Doing this won't cure your problem but instead of crashing and restarting you will get a blue diagnostic screen with an error code and other information to include file(s) that may be involved which will allow you to better trace your problem. Write down the full error code and the names of any files/drivers listed, then provide that information in your next reply so we can assist you with investigating the cause.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222536/please-help-i-think-my-9-year-old-infected-my-pc/
Relevancy 68.37%

Please give me the cost on a buy back on my XPS 8500, I would like to use windows 10 and this pc is not supported.

A:Buy Back on a 3 year old pc

The 8500 WILL upgrade to Win 10. Check the Web for successes. The major reason Dell will not support many 3 years or so older computers is because the hardware supplies, such as WiFi card manufacturers, will not supply drivers for Win 10. The upgrade installs working "generic" drivers for any hardware item that doesn't have a compatible drivers. If there are any issues after the upgrade, you can search for newer drivers. Many Win 8.1 drivers will work. The Web search will alert you to any problems others have had. If you look at my Sig, you will see three Dells, 8,9, and 10 years old that have successfully upgraded and work fine. I even have video drivers that support all the features of the video cards.
Post back if you have any issues that you can't solve.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682284
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello Iv had Blue than more a for BSOD year Screens Since i first bought my PC I'm really counting on BSOD for more than a year your help to solve this problem of mine PC Specs my built CPU - Intel R Core TM i k ghz Motherboard - Asus P Z -V Pro GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX Super Overclock RAM - x GB DDR MHz Kingston HyperX Blue Series PSU - Cooler Master GX W BSOD for more than a year Cooler - Corsair H SSD - Patriot Pyro GB Sata III HDD - Seagate Barracuda SATA Gb s -GB Hard Drive Using Windows On first month experienced freeze on desktop Solved it by upgrading SSD firmware to That stoped the freezes Later on crashes would happen randomly while BSOD for more than a year i was gaming TF BF COD and so At times screen would go black green pink Sound would start to loop an annoying sound BZZZZZZZ loop of the last sound played Tried all nvidia driver changes problem would not stop but i left it to that December Installed Win The same problem continued Upgraded Bios to Tested Ram for errors with memtest over nights and it came clean Tested CPU with Orthos everything was smooth Tested GPU with Furmark and no problem Mal-ware - Swept Memory - Quadruple checked Temperatures - Stable Hard Drives - Error Free Drivers - All up to date Realtek Audio Driver for my board still in beta but even after uninstall game still crashes Upgraded again Firmware of my SSD to Pyro Firmware Update Rev - Improved Power Management Still getting crashes From Event Viewer on game crashes - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event ID Kernel-Power Following with Audit events have been dropped by the transport Event ID - Level Error That's the last events before PC restarts Browsed a lot for this problem and used the Driver Verifier Tool Second Type of Crashes that happened recently while on desktop Driver IRQL not less or equal tcpip sys error On the event log thers still an Event ID Kernel-Power Someone please help Then next thing I will try is gonna be exorcism maybe with a sledgehammer

A:BSOD for more than a year

Recommendations:Disable Verifier for now:Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click Command Prompt -> Run as administrator -> Type the following command and then Enter:
Code:
verifier /reset
-> Restart your computer.I suspect crashes are due to your Internet Download Manager software. The crashes are blaming your Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver, which is up to date and unlikely to cause problems.
Uninstall Internet Download Manager
Outdated and Problematic Drivers:You should update/replace/remove the following drivers. Any drivers that are known to cause BSODs, please remove the software or remove the drivers and then remove the device; steps to do so are given after the list of outdated drivers.
wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 02:39:08 2008 (4805BB2C)
Western Digital SCSI Arcitecture Model (SAM) WDM driver[br]2008 driver version has known BSOD issues in Win7
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=wdcsam64.sys

hotcore3.sys Fri Mar 20 04:35:11 2009 (49C3715F)
HotBackup by Paragon Software Group.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=hotcore3.sys

HECIx64.sys Tue Oct 19 17:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

jraid.sys Thu May 19 01:55:18 2011 (4DD4CCE6)
JMicron RAID Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=jraid.sys

RimSerial_AMD64.sys Wed Jul 6 17:20:01 2011 (4E14EDA1)
Virtual Serial Port driver for Blackberry
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RimSerial_AMD64.sys

ALSysIO64.sys Sat Jul 9 18:27:45 2011 (4E18F201)
Core Temp - CPU temperature monitor
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ALSysIO64.sys

cpuz135_x64.sys Wed Sep 21 02:23:41 2011 (4E799F0D)
CPU-Z CPU monitor
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=cpuz135_x64.sys

PxHlpa64.sys Mon Oct 17 08:29:34 2011 (4E9C3BCE)
Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PxHlpa64.sys

To update drivers, make sure to download the drivers from the manufacturer and not using 3rd party programs. Your drivers should be found from your motherboard support site (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.) or your vendor support site (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.) first. If you have devices you bought yourself, the drivers for those devices need to be downloaded from the manufacturer support site for those devices. If you need help, let us know.

To remove drivers, do so by uninstalling the device or software associated with the driver. Devices can be uninstalled through device manager, and then the device itself should be physically removed from the system if possible.Uninstall or change a program

Open Device Manager
3rd Party Drivers: The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft. Any drivers in red should be updated/replaced/removed. You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

Code:
**************************Thu Feb 28 18:12:55.952 2013 (UTC - 7:00)**************************
wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 02:39:08 2008 (4805BB2C)
hotcore3.sys Fri Mar 20 04:35:11 2009 (49C3715F)
HECIx64.sys Tue Oct 19 17:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)
jraid.sys Thu May 19 01:55:18 2011 (4DD4CCE6)
RimSerial_AMD64.sys Wed Jul 6 17:20:01 2011 (4E14EDA1)
ALSysIO64.sys Sat Jul 9 18:27:45 2011 (4E18F201)
PxHlpa64.sys Mon Oct 17 08:29:34 2011 (4E9C3BCE)
igdkmd64.sys Thu May 24 22:24:33 2012 (4FBF0981)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jun 12 04:02:32 2012 (4FD713B8)
btfilter.sys Fri Jun 29 01:00:07 2012 (4FED5277)... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-for-more-than-a-year-688384.html
Relevancy 68.37%

{}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D {} {}v{} {}D {}D

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-kiss-of-the-year.311666/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi guys, I am going to be building a new computer for the next year and i have some questions regarding what to use.My current comp specs are in sig so you can use those to compare.
Ok first. I plan on building the new one with either a Q9300 or a E8600. So if i where to use a new Core i7 920 insted, on one of the new Intel Extreme boards would i notice that much of a difference? Also if i did end up useing one of the new boards i would have to use ddr3, would there be a significant difference between 2G DDR3 and 4G DDR2? Thanks for any help guys.

Relevancy 68.37%

Hey Good People!

Started new job and office computer was recently brought from boss(s) home.
It keeps changing year and Time on boot up. Always ahead time and sometimes will go back to 1999(not always ). Boss said it was fine at home. What's up with that? She brought it to work and installed New Therapist Billing program then took all info from DOS Therapist Billing from older Computer and put onto this puter(if that even matters?) We change the date /year and it just doesn't stick on boot up?
Thanks in advance for any info.

A:clock & year

Try replacing the battery on your motherboard, maybe it's flat and so your bios isn't keeping time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clock-year.69095/
Relevancy 68.37%

it has never had a clean install. It's still very usefull, but should I buy XP (about 200 bucks) and do my first *shudder* format and clean install? Should this fix some slowness of my computer?

Relevancy 68.37%

hey guys i am trying to speed up a costomers modem up it is 2-3 years old and i think that it is just old and needs to be replaced but the wole comp is slow. i defraged it but molasses is still faster what do i do??? i belive that i put it in the right form but if the mods want to move it they can any advice thx.

Relevancy 68.37%

well after about a year I got a bsod.
Its the computer in my specs.
Here is a quick snippet:
Attachment 100716
Here is the dump ziped:
Attachment 100717
Windows said this sysdata.xml file might be usefull:
Attachment 100719
Also I think this might be related.
Attachment 100718
it just started happening after my bsod. a right click context menue remains on the screen. it stays on topof every windows?
EDIT: look closely you can see a right click context menue on the screen as if it were a watermark.

A:First BSOD this year ;)

any help would be greatly apreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114228-first-bsod-year.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I am trying to figure out what I should upgrade on my PC. It's about six years old. I have attached a screen shot of the specs, any advice would be greatly appriciated!

A:Possible upgrade on six-year-old PC

You shouldn't really start 2 threads when they're asking pretty much the same question.

What to upgrade depends on what you use the computer for. If it's general surfing and watching videos etc. then an SSD will work wonders (even though it might not perform at its peak potential on your system). SSD prices have come down a lot in the last few weeks and a 128GB drive is pretty affordable. If it's gaming you're after then upgrade your video card, you have a PCI-E slot so any current GPU will be compatible.

I wouldn't upgrade the RAM though, DDR1 is old tech and very expensive compared to DDR3.

Also what's your budget for the upgrade?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-upgrade-on-six-year-old-pc.181761/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am a user of windows 8.1. I have already reserved windows 10. We all know that windows 10 is going to release soon. What I have heared is that win 10 is free for 1 year. So I am little bit confused that if I ugrade to win 10 now so after 1 year of use I have to pay for it or not?
Thanks

A:Do I have to pay for windows 10 after one year of use?

No. It doesn't mean it's free only for 1 year. It means that you have 1 year to claim your free copy. You can do the upgrade now or later but if you do it after 29 July 2016 you'll have to buy it so take your time and decide if you want it now. It's not the bad idea to wait 2-3 months while they fix some bugs etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-have-to-pay-for-windows-10-after-one-year-of-use.217359/
Relevancy 68.37%

Just wondering what happens on the 29th, will windows adjust or will we have to reset the date.

A:Leap year

It will adjust just like it always has.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605908/leap-year/
Relevancy 68.37%

So I let my year old step daughter use my computer but now she had her own to screw up I use AVG and it hasnt caught anything spybot has found things it can t remove malware bytes says it removed a trojan It s directing me to a variety of odd search engines google is telling me i m not a real person because so much is being sent out Help Here is my hijack this analysis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files x None Common RaUI exe C Program Files x LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch year my pc. old wrecked 16 Help! Buttons QLBCtrl exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil h ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users shawntrell Desktop HijackThis exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPNOT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer Help! 16 year old wrecked my pc. dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter Help! 16 year old wrecked my pc. - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no Help! 16 year old wrecked my pc. file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolba... Read more

A:Help! 16 year old wrecked my pc.

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369585/help-16-year-old-wrecked-my-pc/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi guys I need help as I am intermittently getting BSoD's on my Win Need now. year BSoD for help a machine which is BSoD for a year now. Need help on I'm not sure if this is a driver or memory issue as it keeps BSoDing and reseting the computer It seems if I update the video card drivers the ATI Catalyst never gets installed or the driver doesn't work If I BSoD for a year now. Need help use the driver from Win Update rather than reset the device just seizes but remains on Any help would be appreciated I am running memtest tonight and if I see no errors I will look to format and reinstall windows on the weekend unless I can get help to determine the issue I have attached my last few Minidumps Thanks - x -bit or x bit - the original installed OS on the system yes - an OEM or full retail version full retail - OEM came pre-installed on system - Full Retail you purchased it from retailer - What is the age of system hardware Year old - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS Year old

A:BSoD for a year now. Need help

Sorry - Should list specs.

OS
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
CPU
AMD X2 4800
Motherboard
J&W MINIX 785G-SP128MB Mini-ITX Motherboard
Memory
2GB Corsair
Graphics Card(s)
ATI HD4200 Embedded
Sound Card
Onboard
Monitor(s) Displays
-
Hard Drives
-
PSU

Case
Chenbro ES34069 mini-ITX 4x Hotswap SATA Server Case
Cooling
stock cooling

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143431-bsod-year-now-need-help.html
Relevancy 68.37%

What does it mean when your warranty on the back of your laptop says Y1Y1Y0?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Got 2 year warranty but it says 1

Hi: The info you are referring to means 1 Year parts, 1 Year labor, and 0 Years on site service. My HP business desktop PC's have 3y/3y/3y.   3 years parts, 3 years labor and 3 years on site service.  In other words, the techs will come to my house to fix my PC for up to 3 years.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Got-2-year-warranty-but-it-says-1/td-p/5829988
Relevancy 68.37%

Happy New Year to a very helpful group of people!

A:Happy New Year

I'll second that!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/happy-new-year.191003/
Relevancy 68.37%

Windows professional sp bit custom built this around of a year my over I'm BSODs wit's end at later, Dec Jan of reinstalled the OS about a two months or so ago didn't fix BSODs obviously CPU AMD Phenom II X Ghz Video Card over a year of BSODs later, I'm at my wit's end HIS Radeon HD MoBo GIGABYTE GA- FXTA-UD PSU Rosewill Xtreme Series RX -D-B W RAM CORSAIR DOMINATOR GB -Pin DDR HDD Western Digital Caviar Green WD EADS TB DVD CD LG DVD CD drive also note there is another quot fujitsu plugged in for the past couple of months that's from an old laptop BSOD's have been happening long before it's installation As you can tell I put quite a bit into this rig and for the past year and a half I've been dealing with BSOD's and I'm finally at my wit's end Drivers hardware everything no matter what I change it wont go away I know from memory many of my BSOD's have been x E x B xBE xD along with many others I'm sure you'll find in the logs if you need any more info from me let me know hell I'll take pictures of the inside if that would help lol BSOD info zip

A:over a year of BSODs later, I'm at my wit's end

Hi -

The 1st driver name probable cause in 1 BSOD; the others should be updated. Your wifi device/ driver - MRVW24C.sys is the reason that you have had so many networking problems (I saw the 100s of entries in the Event Viewer logs). The driver must be updated (2007 too old for Windows 7 x64 SP1) or the device replaced -

Code:
MRVW24C.sys Sun Oct 28 23:22:31 2007 (472551F7)
RtNdPt60.sys Sun Jul 19 22:27:32 2009 (4A63D614)
wacommousefilter.sys Fri Feb 16 13:12:17 2007 (45D5F401)
bcgame.sys Thu Feb 16 12:34:05 2006 (43F4B78D)
wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 04:39:08 2008 (4805BB2C)
Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009 (49A65B0D)
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#RtNdPt60.sys
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#wacommousefilter.sys
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#MRVW24C.sys
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#bcgame.sys
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#wdcsam64.sys
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#Rt64win7.sys

This error appears 43 times since May 11, 2011 -

Code:
Event[1848]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft Antimalware
Date: 2011-06-13T20:09:31.000
Event ID: 3002
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Description:
Microsoft Antimalware Real-Time Protection feature has encountered an error and failed.
Feature: Behavior Monitoring
Error Code: 0x80004005
Error description: Unspecified error
Reason: The filter driver requires an up-to-date engine in order to function. You must install the latest definition updates in order to enable real-time protection.
Update MSE definitions - http://www.microsoft.com/security/po.../HowToMSE.aspx

If error, uninstall MSE, then reinstall - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2435760/

Chrome began failing on May 11 -

Code:
Event[34709]:
Source: Application Popup
Date: 2011-05-11T22:23:17.000
Description:
Application popup: ???????s?????????????????????????????????????????????????:
chrome.exe - Application Error : The exception unknown
software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x75a5a667.
The ?????????? should not be there. Run a malwarebyte scan - http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...e/1186760019/1

65 of these errors since May 6 -

Code:
Event[33412]:
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 2011-05-13T23:23:00.239
Level: Error
Description:
The AODDriver4.0 service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.
This is the driver - AMD Overdrive -

Code:
amdiox64.sys Thu Feb 18 10:17:53 2010 (4B7D5A21)
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#amdiox64.sys

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\061411-21559-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Tue Jun 14 22:11:33.668 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 11:05:03.792
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: where.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7f_8_nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2
Bugcheck code 0000007F
Arguments 00000000`00000008 00000000`80050031 00000000`000006f8 fffff800`02ed516c
BiosVersion = F1
BiosReleaseDate = 11/09/2009
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = GA-790FXTA-UD5
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\061411-17472-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Tue Jun 14 11:05:04.905 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 13:40:39.868
Probably caused by : afd.sys ( afd!AfdReturnBuffer+7f )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xBE
PROCE... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/over-a-year-of-bsods-later-im-at-my-wits-end-580717.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I had to reformat my PC and forget how to turn off the pop-up that ask me if I want to continue and allow every time I want to do something. Can somebody please tell me again how I turn it off again, thanks.

P.S. I am using Vista Home Premium if you needed to know that.

A:I asked this about a year or so ago and need to ask again.

Hi, it is called UAC (user account control) go to start control panel and under "User Accounts" you will find an option to turn on or off. It is not recommended you do this as it defeats one of Vista's security features, even though it gets annoying. Many of us leave it on and tweak our programs to run elevated so UAC does not pop up. If you right click on any shortcut select properties and then "advanced" you have an option to run that program with admin privileges.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-asked-this-about-a-year-or-so-ago-and-need-to-ask-again-401729.html
Relevancy 68.37%

TWO THINGS:

1) I need a programme to show me what kind of drivers I have and to help me update them. Where can I find one?

2) I now have an F drive which I have never ever had before? how come? I downloaded a game, and it has created this specific file. How do I get rid (It won't let me in add\remove programmes)

Relevancy 68.37%

hey , yesterday i just cleaned my pc , changed the 2 sticks of ram to the other 2 slot
but when i turned on some game and the internet browser i got a bsod. this is the first minidump since i have this new computer .

A:BSOD after 1,5 year.

Hello golemkaaa.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8003964580, 1cb0201270001, fffffa8003964580}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, the pool freelist is corrupt.
Arg2: fffffa8003964580, the pool entry being checked.
Arg3: 0001cb0201270001, the read back flink freelist value (should be the same as 2).
Arg4: fffffa8003964580, the read back blink freelist value (should be the same as 2).

Debugging Details:
------------------
So, now it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259935-bsod-after-1-5-year.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Im trying to reformat my old alienware but as soon as i press delete partition i get a blue screen. "Windows has detected a problem and has shutdown to prevent damage to your computer."

what do i do lol?

A:7 year old alienware

Are you trying to delete partition from within Windows?
That won't work.
You have to boot from Windows CD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295026/7-year-old-alienware/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey Guys I have had my pc around a year now i built it myself and put X MB DDR PC Elixir brand Ram in my machine It has showed up as GB for the whole time iv for having Problem a it my RAM year. with after had Problem with my RAM after having it for a year. irt but Problem with my RAM after having it for a year. all of a sudden today i noticed that it says theres only MB installed so i unplugged my ram modules then swapped them round into different dimms and still it sayd mb ram so i installed PC wizard and ran a diagnostic and it says theres a MB module in DIMM but dimm is empty so i then tried Both mb Modules in DIMM and they both worked fine Both of the modules seem to be fine its just all of a sudden they wont run together my motherboard is a MSI KT V-LSR it only has DIMM slots can anyone please shed some light into my problem i have tried just about everything i can think of thanx much appreciated nbsp

A:Problem with my RAM after having it for a year.

I would go to http://www.memtest.org/ and build a bootable floppy. Put one module at a time in DIMM 1 make sure it is recognized in BIOS and run memtest for a couple of hours. Test each module the same way and see if you have a module that is failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-my-ram-after-having-it-for-a-year.500831/
Relevancy 68.37%

My table in informix has a date field defined as ‘datetime year to second’
When selected, it looks like “2007-01-31 10:55:27”.
I have never seen this date definition before.
My query needs to retrieve all rows whose date is yesterday,
dropping hour, minute, & second.
Can anyone advise me of the syntax ?
Many thanks !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/datetime-year-to-second.918280/
Relevancy 68.37%

It was about this time last year that I my machine came down with a malware problem when I downloaded a CD crack to game yes I That Again Time of Year owned but didn't want to have the CD in the drive everytime I played it and foolishly forgot to scan it with the antivirus A few days ago I downloaded a video on modding one's cell phone and in Windows Media Player was asked if I could install a codec called Aquaplayer This was a mistake must start listening to those nagging voices in That Time of Year Again my head Now I have my floppy drive yes I still use one being accessed every minute can't get to certain hard drives in explorer - have to type in the letter and colon in the address bar to get there and have noticed that A Squared Ad Aware and AVG can't access their update sites anymore Add to this the a general slowing down of performance and I'm certain I'm infected So as per the sticky thread here's the DDS report DDS Ver - - - FAT x Run by Falco at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Outdated FW ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs SVCHOST EXE SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe C Programs XP Utilities Defense Anti Spyware A a-squared Free a service exe C Hardware XP Battery Backup mainserv exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Programs XP Video GB-PVR GBPVRRecordingService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system Wacom Tablet exe C WINDOWS System ups exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C WINDOWS system Wacom Tablet exe C Programs XP Internet ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Programs XP Audio Creative CTDVDDET EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Programs XP Audio Creative Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files Saitek SD Software ProfilerU exe C Program Files Saitek SD Software SaiMfd exe C Programs XP Video powerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Programs XP Internet PG PeerGuardian pg exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Hardware XP Mouse SetPoint SetPoint SetPoint exe C Hardware XP Scanners Flatbed ScannerFinder exe C Hardware XP Battery Backup apcsystray exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Programs XP Video GB-PVR GBPVRTray exe C Program Files Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA UTILIT Defense ANTIVI AVG avgwdsvc exe C PROGRA UTILIT Defense ANTIVI AVG avgrsx exe C Programs XP Utilities Defense Antivirus AVG avgtray exe C Programs XP Internet Opera opera exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Programs XP Utilities Defense Anti Spyware hijack this HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE E Downloads programs Utilities Defense spywareDefense hijackThis dds com Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO ContributeBHO Class c dc - - a a- d-c c - c programs xp graphics adobe cs c Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Catcher Class adecbed - - -a -e dfba - c programs xp video youtube recorder flv downloader MoyeaCth dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEFavClient dll BHO SmartSelect Class f ee -daa - - - d ee a - c program files common files adobe acrobat... Read more

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello This is what my y o daughter has on her computer I've run adaware and spybot yet the computer is slow and allows pop-ups which is new Do you see girl 13 old year anything obvious Thanks Tony Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe C PROGRA MyWay bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files 13 year old girl winupdates winupdates exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe C Program 13 year old girl Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe c progra intern iexplore exe c 13 year old girl progra intern iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopOE exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www gmojytkznaxlalbyhqoooov c iSOLoI VCx jsp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www pmjxrdqaegvfts com ni Lh iw iWN k cgi R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default hhttp search media-search net nph-search cgi track mssrc amp look stmpl amp find R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext https registernet passport net reg amp langid F - REG system ini UserInit c windows system userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - D A- A - D- B-D EBFE - C DOCUME Dad APPLIC Liesmess wipeplatform exe file missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - D A FC- - D - A -CCB F BDBC - C DOCUME Dad APPLIC Liesmess wipeplatform exe file missing O - BHO MSEvents Object - DC -DD F- A -A - EB A - C WINDOWS repair undvd dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar no name - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Desksite CMA C Program Files desksite bin cma exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKLM Run MyWebSearch Email Plugin C PROGRA MyWay bar bin mwsoemon exe O - HKLM Run HOLDSUPPORTDASHVGA C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Jugs lies hold support CampVga exe O - HKLM Run winupdates C Program Files winupdates winupdates exe auto O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run Fastfirstsigndart C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ante mpeg fast first Proc exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run MessengerPlus quot C Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe quot WinStart O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pa... Read more

A:13 year old girl

Hi tony777 welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

We also suggest that you Subscribe to this thread to be notified of fixes as soon as they are posted by our Team. You can do this simply by clicking the "Thread Tools" button located in the original thread line and selecting "Subscribe to this Thread".

regards
alba

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/13-year-old-girl-81754.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I m certain I Nightmare Year New have a bug My computer other than the fan running continuously redirects to whenever I enter McAfee Norton TrendMicro or any other related New Year Nightmare URL McAfee won t update I have McAfee Anti Virus running and up New Year Nightmare to date before yesterday I ve tried the following in safe mode to no avail When I try to install SUPERAntiSpyWare I get a message that my administrator has disabled installation of this program I ve tried renaming the program installation file to things like stewart exe dreamweaver exe etc to no avail Same result When I try to run several scanning programs McAfee Stinger and Microsoft Malicious Software Removal or whatever at some point an auto shut down process in initiated giving seconds till shut down and no way to abort I just discovered that auto shut down process appears to be timed as it did it again with only the task manager running I ve monitored processes and deleted several files from an c i folder that were suspicious lsass exe csrss exe and smss exe but no effect I attempted to stop all the processes and on at least one svchost exe I get the auto shut down in seconds when I try to shut it down Here is a list of processes currently showing in my task manager taskmgr exe k mcuimgr exe k this appears when systray alert about computer being unprotected appears mcagent exe k explorer exe k mcmscvc exe k svchost exe k svchost exe k svchost exe k lsass exe k services exe k winlogon exe k csrss exe k smss exe k System k System Idle Process k All appear to be steady in their size with a couple fluctuating up and down every now and then Here s my hijackthis log info Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my myway com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run NVHotkey rundll exe nvHotkey dll Start O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe O - HKLM Run Document Manager C Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager DocMgr bin docmgr exe O - HKLM Run SecureUpgrade C Program Files Wave Systems Corp SecureUpgrade exe O - HKLM Run KADxMain C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -st... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-year-nightmare.785683/
Relevancy 68.37%

Man I FIRST PC my 84 buddy. for old year HELP!!!! sure could use your help My buddy is mystified by the Mouse and the clicky things and the wheel Never heard of an key or the ALT etc So I m gonna spend the rest of my life at his house if I don t figure out how FIRST PC for my 84 year old buddy. HELP!!!! to unclutter his pc experience He bought a brand new Dell desktop with Windows from Walmart and I installed it and got his DSL connection up and running And now he calls me every few minutes asking how to deal with the new screens and quot flags quot whatever those are that are popping up How can I get rid of all Pop-ups Ads software update messages alerts quot flags quot etc I don t really care if he gets all possible updates I will be sure to save a restore point or back up and image of it with my Laplink software If you can recommend software for this he will gladly pay for it Money really is not the issue My time is Heck I will pay for the stinkin software myself if I have to Please let me know how I can make this thing run as clean and simply as possible without all of the interruptions from pop-ups and such Thanks a bunch John nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

....I investigate, of course, and find that our laptop is beseiged with popups, redirects from Yahoo / Google and general slowness. I also noticed that my system restore points are gone & can't run MBA.

I posted a topic here not to long ago as this same pc was repeatedly getting infected, Norton / MBA would report several infections, which they would fix, only to have the pc get reinfected again a couple of days later.
I could really use your help, again
BigMacc90501
DDS & RootRepeal logs attached

A:So my 11 year old says "Dad I think we have a problem..."

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280554/so-my-11-year-old-says-dad-i-think-we-have-a-problem/
Relevancy 68.37%

Recently I did a post on how I fix a graphics card with a bad fan Today I'm talking about how I refurbished a ten year Refurbish ten a year old PC old Desktop PC that had gotten all rusty and corroded and the motherboard failed I'm sure some would just toss it in the trash and forget it But I'm not built like that So first off I had to strip the case down to it's bare steel frame Then I cleaned off all the rust and corrosion with a high speed wire brush Then came the new paint A few shots from a Rattle Can did the job nicely The new paint almost exactly matched the original factory paint ten Refurbish a ten year old PC years ago Then I had to reinstall the top panel and Face Plate and install the new motherboard a Gigabyte A-DS P along with the new AMD Core CPU and GB of DDR RAM Finally after setting up the CMOS I installed Windows Pro The end product A great looking and great running PC done on a budget For less than a outlay I have a beautiful new PC Can you figure out why it's called a Pac Man case It's been my favorite type of case for ten years now WELL now back to programming my newest PC Happy Holidays Mates TechnoMage

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/72562-refurbish-ten-year-old-pc.html
Relevancy 68.37%

oh, sorry, that should read ...

"Getting punked by 9-year-old parameter."

A security researcher has unearthed a ?bizarre? flaw in Apple's QuickTime Player that can be exploited to remotely execute malicious code on Windows-based PCs, even those running the most recent versions of operating system.

Technically, the inclusion of an unused parameter known as ?_Marshaled_pUnk? is a backdoor because it is the work of an Apple developer who added it to to the QuickTime code base and then, most likely, forgot to remove it when it was no longer needed.

It sat largely undetected for at least nine years until Ruben Santamarta of Spain-based security firm Wintercore discovered it and realized it could be exploited to take full control of machines running Windows 7, Microsoft's most secure operating system to date.

Read more at the vultures roost

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/getting-punked-by-9-year-old.4023704/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have been getting BSOD since I last posted which was probably about months a year than later BSOD Still...more ago I built this more than a year ago I'm hoping by now some of you might be able to tell me exactly what the problem is It's driving me nuts I can't figure it out I've tested the RAM using stress tests and it runs just fine I've wiggled the GFX card and I don't think it's that I can play BSOD Still...more than a year later games sometimes fine BSOD Still...more than a year later other times I get a BSOD BSOD Still...more than a year later A faulty hard drive wouldn't be giving me these errors would it Attached are two separate dumps copied and pasted into notepad Please help Product Windows Problem Shut down unexpectedly Date PM Status Not Reported Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem Mini - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Extra information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC D BCP FFFFFA BB BCP BCP FFFFFA BB OS Version Service Pack Product

A:BSOD Still...more than a year later

I would be raising the GFX card as the likely suspect. I have had a similar issue and although testing said the GFX card was fine,I put another in and no more issues. Very frustrating to NOT be able to prove a suspected fault ,especially when your gut keeps saying a particular item may be faulty. I have found that a few low-end cards supposedly rated for Vista are very problematic. Wish I could have been of more help ,mate..but often we need the actual PC to run our tests etc. as it's extremely hard to diagnose properly via a forum. If you think it is not the GFX card,it may be that you need to go talk to a tech in your area.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/234710-bsod-still-more-than-year-later.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Wishing everyone involved with TSF a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Peter

A:Happy New Year everyone!

Happy new year. Hope everything goes well for you in 2007

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/happy-new-year-everyone-133054.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Time to run a new scan had some funny things on the comupter this morning Lots of changes wanting to be made Ran all spyware and adware programs that wa previously recommended before posting Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost Log...anything New New To Change? Year exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system RunDll exeC WINDOWS system sistray EXEC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exeC Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exeC Program Files Common Files Real New Year New Log...anything To Change? Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC DOCUME Paula LOCALS Temp tmp exeC DOCUME Paula LOCALS Temp tmp New Year New Log...anything To Change? exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC WINDOWS system ntvx exeC Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS netzu exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files highjackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS hvtom dll sp html resultposition netR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS hvtom dll sp html resultposition netR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS hvtom dll sp html resultposition netR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS hvtom dll sp html resultposition netR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS hvtom dll sp html resultposition netR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS hvtom dll sp html resultposition netR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS hvtom dll sp html resultposition netR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http home microsoft com access autosearch asp p sR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http home microsoft com access autosearch asp p sR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostR - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Class - B E- A - C - -B BC C - C WINDOWS atllt dllO - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWndO - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINDOWS SiSUSBrg exeO - HKLM Run SiS Tray C WINDOWS system sistray EXEO - HKLM Run SiS Windows KeyHook C WINDOWS system keyhook exeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exeO - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeO - HKLM R... Read more

A:New Year New Log...anything To Change?

Hello,It's better to print out the next instructions or save it in notepad, because you also have to work in safe mode without networking support, so this page wouldn't be available then.It is also important you don't miss a step and perform everything in the right order!!I see you have Viewpoint installed..Viewpoint Manager is considered as foistware instead of malware since it is installed without users approval but doesn't spy or do anything "bad". This will change from what we know in 2006 read this article: http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546I suggest you remove the program now. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove the following programs if present.ViewpointViewpoint ManagerViewpoint Media PlayerAlso uninstall SpywareCleaner, because this is a so called spyware remover with a bad reputation!? Download AboutBuster. Unzip AboutBuster.Read here how to unzip/extract properly:http://metallica.geekstogo.com/xpcompressedexplanation.htmlYou may not run it aboutbuster yet, that's for later.* Download and install CCleanerDo not use it yet.* Download this regfix: HSfixUnzip it and place it on your desktop, don't use it yet!* Please download Ewido anti-malware ; it is a free version of the program.Install ewido security suiteWhen installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..Install background guardInstall scan via context menuLaunch ewido by double-clicking on the icon on your desktop.The program will now open to the main screen.When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.On the left hand side of the main screen click update.Then click on Start Update.The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
(the status bar at the bottom will display ("Update successful")If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.ewido manual updatesDon't run it yet.We also need to disable your Microsoft AntiSpyware Real-time Protection as it may interfere with the fixes.Open Microsoft AntiSpyware.Click on Tools, Settings.In the left pane, click on Real-time Protection.Under Startup Options uncheck: Enable the Microsoft AntiSpyware Security Agents on startup (recommended).Under Real-time spyware threat protection uncheck: Enable real-time spyware threat protection (recommended).After you uncheck these, click on the Save button and close Microsoft AntiSpyware.Right click on the Microsoft AntiSpyware icon on the taskbar and select Shutdown Microsoft AntiSpyware.* Please reboot your system into SAFE MODE. ?To get into the Windows XP Safe mode as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu". Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.* Start hijackthis and click scan and put a checkmark next to the following items:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\hvtom.dll/sp.html#28129%resultposition.netR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\hvtom.dll/sp.html#28129%resultposition.netR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = about:blankR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = res://C:\WINDOWS\hvtom.dll/sp.html#28129%resultposition.netR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\hvtom.dll/sp.html#28129%resultposition.netR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\hvtom.dll/sp.html#28129%resultposition.netR1 - HKCU ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39686/new-year-new-loganything-to-change/
Relevancy 68.37%

A year has gone by and i still have the same virus the same problem just on more computers Basically my network got hacked then destroyed with this virus I have tried eveything in the last year to no extent The problem is that the virus malware is located in the system files outside the harddrive under linux that s how i found it You can t see it in windows and when you help year, Been for 1 me fighting do it s all over Basically the virus Been fighting for 1 year, help me is hiding in the rofs filesystem and is not deletable because he his filesystem Not only that he creates a gig file system of his own and uses that to poison any system i install including BSD Linux Windows Dos and some obscure ones He infects the mbr and userinit exe when i put windows in givivng me an infection before i even start the computer Changing the harddrive has no impact he s quot above quot that higher up in the file commands Any ideas or suggestions i will openly take Sebastien Than You nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/been-fighting-for-1-year-help-me.1034680/
Relevancy 68.37%

bilgisayar?mda i?lem yap?yordum birden bire ye?il çizgiler ç?kt? renkler dei?i?iyor ne yapmal?y?m 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/year-compiler/td-p/5763854
Relevancy 68.37%

? OS - Windows 7 Professional
? x64
? Windows 7 Perfessional
? Full retail
? Less then a year
? December 2010

? AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
? 2 XFX 5570 Radeon HD
? ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
? Power Supply - KINGWIN Lazer LZ-1000 1000W Modular 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC W/ 3-Way LED Switch and Universal Modular Connector Power Supply

About to rip my hair out! Built my machine in July of 2010 and haven't had the best of luck since.

On a side note I've ran a multitude of tests to rule out hardware. WD HDD diagnostic tool, Memtest 86+, LinX, and Prime 95. All have done great. Memtest for 5-6 passes, Prime95 for 24 hours and LinX for 100 passes.

Here is an image of my latest BSOD (or YSOD). I'm hoping there's just some driver or something that is outdated and just needs an update.

ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Thanks.

A:BSOD's for around a year

Quote: Originally Posted by Mitsuko

? OS - Windows 7 Professional
? x64
? Windows 7 Perfessional
? Full retail
? Less then a year
? December 2010

? AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
? 2 XFX 5570 Radeon HD
? ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
? Power Supply - KINGWIN Lazer LZ-1000 1000W Modular 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC W/ 3-Way LED Switch and Universal Modular Connector Power Supply

About to rip my hair out! Built my machine in July of 2010 and haven't had the best of luck since.

On a side note I've ran a multitude of tests to rule out hardware. WD HDD diagnostic tool, Memtest 86+, LinX, and Prime 95. All have done great. Memtest for 5-6 passes, Prime95 for 24 hours and LinX for 100 passes.

Here is an image of my latest BSOD (or YSOD). I'm hoping there's just some driver or something that is outdated and just needs an update.

ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Thanks.

I'm hoping there's just some driver or something that is outdated and just needs an update.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Two problems

1-ASACPI.SYS a major cause of BSOD's in the 2005 rev.

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

2-And Your Symantec. Remove and replace with Microsoft security essentials

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/169444-bsods-around-year.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Is my Android Infected? Anybody... That can help me.. I've got Screenshot of Everything

A:windows PC is so last year...

Hi Tpw, as you didn't give any symptoms, I say we should run some scans.MiniToolBoxPlease download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.AdwCleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As AdministratorClick on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.Junkware Removal ToolPlease download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.ESET Online ScannerHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET Online Scanner in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsClick Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.NOTE: Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578554/windows-pc-is-so-last-year/
Relevancy 68.37%

Good Morning to all My year old daughters computor will not operate in explorer More and more window computor My 9 year old's keep opening up and the system is not stable What do you suggest I am posting off my computer as heres does not work My 9 year old's computor Thanks in advance Fixandfly Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exe C WINDOWS system ip exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcgmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HAWKING Hawking Technologies HWP G Wireless-G PCI Card Installer WINXP ConfigUtility exe C WINDOWS system lxcgcoms exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant O - BHO Nick Aracde Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- EB -FE FA B E - C PROGRA NICKAR NICKAR DLL file missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Nick Aracde Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- EB -FE FA B E - C PROGRA NICKAR NICKAR DLL file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run AudioDeck C Program Files VIAudioi SBADeck ADeck exe O - HKLM Run iProtectYou quot C WINDOWS system ip exe quot -h O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run LXCGCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCGtime dll RunDLLEntry O - HKLM Run lxcgmon exe quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxcgmon exe quot O - HKLM Run EzPrint quot C Program Files Lexmark Series ezprint exe quot O - HKLM Run FaxCenterServer quot C Program Files Lexmark Fax Solutions fm exe quot s O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup ConfigUtility lnk C Program Files HAWKING Hawking Technologies HWP G Wireless-G PCI Card Installer WINXP ConfigUtility exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra... Read more

A:My 9 year old's computor

What do you mean by more and more window keep popping up? Popups?

Please print the below instructions or copy them to Notepad.

Download LSPFix http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/LSPFix.exe and run it. Check the box that says 'I know what I'm doing'. Click on ipsp.dll on the left window and then click on the arrow pointing to the right. Click Finish and follow the prompts.

Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode (if you don't know how, go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...howtutorial=61 ). Make sure to close any internet browsers that may still be open.

Uninstall the following via the Add/Remove Panel (Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs) if found:

Symantec
Norton

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following if they still exist and hit 'Fix Checked' after you checked the last one:

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
O2 - BHO: Nick Aracde Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-9EB4-FE6FA694B13E} - C:\PROGRA~1\NICKAR~1\NICKAR~1.DLL (file missing) - unless you know what it's for...
O3 - Toolbar: Nick Aracde Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-9EB4-FE6FA694B13E} - C:\PROGRA~1\NICKAR~1\NICKAR~1.DLL (file missing) - unless you know what it's for...
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

Locate the following Files/Folders and delete them if they exist (if no location given, just do a search for them):

C:\PROGRA~1\NICKAR~1\ - unless you know what it's for...
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\

Restart. Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer at Panda ActiveScan http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm

* Click on 'Scan your PC' button. There should be a popup - if you have a pop-up blocker, make sure it's not blocking it.
* Click 'Check Now' & a pop-up window will appear.
* Enter your Country, State and E-mail Address & click 'Scan Now' - begin downloading Panda's ActiveX controls (8 MB size).
* Begin the scan by selecting My Computer.
* If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report. Ignore any entry it finds (since it wants you to buy the program for removal) as we will address this later.
* Click on see report. Then click Save report.
* Post that log in your next reply along with a new HijackThis log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/my-9-year-olds-computor-105105.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Alright first computer year 9 old off I only have Windows XP no service packs seeing as my family shared the disk and it became an quot illegal copy quot This computer started out as my moms computer and we've owned it for - years I'm getting a new computer around the th but I want to know if there's anything I can do I logged on the other day to find my start bar to be More than lacking Instead of the bulky blue roundish start bar I was reverted back to the 9 year old computer old fashioned on my background was gone and there was a good number of processes were missing After a couple more restarts I lost my quicklaunch My internet connection doesn't even realize it's there and is refusing to work and I'm right now typing from another computer My main problem is that I don't want to lose a lot of important things I'm a writer and have a lot of my work saved there if I could fix it for at least a day I would have the ability to email my most important things As an add in I tried to system restore but it claimed the only day I could go back to was today pretty pathetic

A:9 year old computer

and welcome to the Forum

You can take the hard drive out and trmporarily attach it to a working pc in place of a CD/DVD drive to salvage the data

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/9-year-old-computer-352280.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello guys,

What have you enjoyed so far?

A:Windows 7 almost a year old

Its time for something new.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/119238-windows-7-almost-year-old.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello of year McAfee... one After everyone So this topic is mainly related to firewalls but i'll post it here as it's also about AV and general internet security After one year of McAfee and many years of ignorance i started to learn more about how to correctly use a PC I've learnt a lot i'm not an IT genius yet so i do want something different After one year of McAfee... from the McAfee i've been using so far but not too complicated to use I've heard the best protection could achieved with a Bitdefender antivirus next to a Comodo firewall I also do know the latter has to be configured properly and while i do understand all of Comodo's instructions custom rules about this and that port and protocol are a little bit beyond my understanding and having to create custom rules to make it work would be a After one year of McAfee... problem So i'm left with two options paying After one year of McAfee... isn't a problem A - Comodo's firewall will work fine without setting custom rules and sticking to proper use of preset settings is enough to make it work in which case it'll be Bitdefendr AV Comodo FW or B - Comodo won't work without good understanding of rules and i need something a bit more install amp forget like Kaspersky And would option A give significantly more protection than option B

A:After one year of McAfee...

Hello there,From what I've heard, Comodo Firewall is a HIPS firewall (Host Intrusion Prevention System), which can cause a LOT of alerts (I've used another HIPS firewall before - Emsisoft Online Armor - so I'm not joking). If you are not confident in your ability to tell what should be allowed or blocked, I do not recommend using HIPS firewalls in general.No security solutions will ever give 100% foolproof security - not without common sense at least. Please read this: Simple ways to keep your computer secure and safe onlineAlso a third-party firewall is unnecessary for most users. Assuming that you are using Windows Vista and later, the Windows Firewall should be adequate protection for normal surfing.That being said, do you still want to stay with BitDefender? Or do you wish to switch to another AV?Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569461/after-one-year-of-mcafee/
Relevancy 68.37%

In cell D16 I have the date 13-04-2000.......how do I have JUST 00 (for the year 2000) show up in cell H16.

If I hade 13-04-2001......01 to show up for 2001 and so on and so on?

It's is probably something very simple but I am a newbie so I need all the help I can get

Thank you
Tanya

Relevancy 68.37%

Whats up people Im looking for a little advice for upgrades Ive spent months looking at stuff mainly newegg and am just trying to get a feel for what upgrades i need Currently i have XP home AMD XP Stock cooling MSI KT Ultra Mobo Geforce Fx LE mb agp gb kingston SDram ddr lat gb HD GB HD linux Dual boot SUse x lite-on CD-RW Thermaltake w Power Supply I know it old I want to upgrade to an AMD bit single old 4 upgrades year PC needs core Are they stable Ive heard great things about the but i 4 year old PC needs upgrades want that little bit of extra in the PC A new shiny processor needs a new MoBo Any particular brand stand out above all the rest I used to have a Soyo but i dont see them around anymore My MSI runs great only issue was the dumb chip set fan but i replaced that with a fanless heat sink so its fine Im not currently looking at SLI beacuse i dont have the money for two cards and single mobos are cheaper however i noticed that to get newer fancy features on the mobo you have to get SLI And Finally Im looking for a Video Card Amazingly enough i can play BF only at the low defaults but i can Ive kinda fallen out of touch with what video cards are the best and which to buy Ive always had Geforce Chips original first comp and a GF mx mb I dont mind spending about on the new card just so long as its stable cool and will stay with the gameing curve for a few years Ive looked at the Radeon X and the X They are a bit pricy but i can see why The geforce seem a bit unstable and hot Looking at getting Kinston Hyper X ram gb gb mb im not decided yet on wether i want to get x or just a single gb stick timings are - - - Is the corsair that much better timings are - - - Finally are the Sythe brand coolers good They look realy nice and im all about silent cooling Plus im am getting fan controller so i can mount a fan and use it when needed Any and all suggestions are welcome Thanks Eddie nbsp

A:4 year old PC needs upgrades

Here're some parts I like.

Abit AN8 SLI motherboard (yeah you said you didn't want sli, but this one is still pretty cheap). I see that you like "silent computing" so this should be a nice fit, since it has a fanless/heatpipe cooling unit on the chipset.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127207

Amd a64 3500+, nice bang for the buck.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103533

Gigabyte Silent 7600gt Pci-e. Fast, and it's quiet too.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125025

I'd recommend either getting a 1GB or 2GB kit of memory, so you get a matched pair of memory to use in dual channel mode, which is somewhat faster. Lower cas is better, look for cas 2 or 2.5.

I guess scythe is ok, haven't heard anything bad about them.

Might want to consider power supplies as well, I like antec, fsp group, ocz, enermax, seasonic, etc. Some newer antecs have two fans, but only use one fan if the temp is cool, which makes it quieter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-year-old-pc-needs-upgrades.53532/
Relevancy 68.37%

BBC News - Microsoft fixes ' -year-old' bug with emergency patch I've looked around some and can find no hint of Microsoft patching this bug in XP If you are an XP user and have checked for updates please comment if the patch is being offered or not Microsoft has patched a critical bug in its software that had existed for years IBM researchers discovered the flaw which affects Windows and Office products in May this year - but worked with Microsoft to fix the problem before going public The bug had been present in every version of Windows since IBM said Attackers could exploit the bug to remotely control a PC and so users are being urged to download updates Microsoft has addressed the problem in its monthly security update - 19 Year Bug XP?? Patched....In Old releasing patches with two more expected to be rolled out soon In a blog post explaining the vulnerability in depth IBM researcher Robert Freeman wrote 19 Year Old Bug Patched....In XP?? The bug can be used by an attacker for drive-by attacks to reliably run 19 Year Old Bug Patched....In XP?? code remotely and take over the user's machine Go to the BBC News linked article above to read more about this bug and its implications for unpatched Windows OS

A:19 Year Old Bug Patched....In XP??

Vulnerability in Schannel Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2992611)

It's available in an XP computer with the registry hack. I can't confirm if it's in an unhacked XP computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555834/19-year-old-bug-patchedin-xp/
Relevancy 68.37%

I was given the task of attempting to clean up a Compaq Presario by a co-worker of year after Cleaning a old up 13 mine Belongs to her boyfriend s stepson However between certain botting software download managers and Cleaning up after a 13 year old other clues I suspect there may be more spyware than the active norton subscription can find All preparation steps have been taken Also the computer is currently off any network and will not go on one unless instructed Submitted logs include the standard one AND a hijack this log just in case Thanks again for any help DDR Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by xX at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus Disabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Norton AntiVirus Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exe C Windows system DllHost exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files PCPitstop Info Center InfoCenter exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exe C Program Files Megaupload Mega Manager MegaManager exe C Windows system schtasks exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center connect exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinSetup exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor dlnaPlugin exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system conime exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users xX Desktop Work folder Defogger exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www search yahoo com fr w i amp type W i SP StartPage uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Presario amp pf desktop BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c... Read more

A:Cleaning up after a 13 year old

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 31. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422017/cleaning-up-after-a-13-year-old/
Relevancy 68.37%

I wonder if Win7 SP1 next year will be the last retailed edition for sale in the market or not. I remember the final boxed version of XP is SP2 and the OEM version is SP3. However Vista Boxed and OEM disc only got SP1 and customers must download SP2 from the Internet themselves !!

I ask this question is because I like to collect and keep the lastest boxed version and oem version of a Windows. So now, I have Vista SP1 OEM and Vista SP1 Boxed Edition. XP SP2 Boxed EDition and XP SP3 OEM edition.

I didn't buy Vista SP1 until I confirmed that there won't be Vista SP2 for sale in the market.

A:Windows 7 SP1 next year...

Quote: Originally Posted by Summer4Ever

I wonder if Win7 SP1 next year will be the last retailed edition for sale in the market or not.

If MS know the answer to that I doubt they will make it public, I think it is a case of wait and see!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/124758-windows-7-sp1-next-year.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I like Sophos sense of humor btw Happy New Year...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/new-years-resolutions.54689/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have an Acer Aspire 3100 that I got for Christmas in late 2006. I'm still using it to this day with Windows 7 as it came with Windows XP. However, the 60GB HDD it came with is starting to give me trouble so I was thinking about upgrading to an SSD.

Would this be possible with my laptop? I'm not entirely sure of the HDD connection but I believe it may be IDE. If this is the case, then will I need to get some kind of SATA to IDE adapter to use an SSD, or do they possibly make SSD's that can fit my laptop? I can only hope that I am not out of luck when it comes to upgrading the sustainability of my old and faithful mobile computing device.

Thank you for the helpful, yet knowledgeable replies.

A:SSD on 5 year old laptop?

The Aspire 3100 appears to use a 2.5" ATA100 (PATA) drive.

As far as I know, SSDs in that form factor are SATA.

While SATA to IDE adapters appear to exist, I'd be surprised if one would fit in a laptop. (I haven't checked for the 3100, but it may include a proprietary mounting adapter, that would have to be transferred to a replacement HD.) Can't swear that it's impossible.

A quick look at www.newegg.com shows a couple of 2.5" PATA 5400 RPM replacement drives, so at least you can keep the old laptop alive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/233319-ssd-5-year-old-laptop.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I got my first PC in with MSN as my dial up service provider I only used my need old on password year I 12 Why PC? do new password once to Why do I need 12 year old password on new PC? log in It was quot remembered quot for the next years I finally entered the st century with a new laptop in with Time Warner as my new service provider All of my stored e-mails transferred over to my new laptop and I never needed a password to sign into the internet Only my name and then quot welcome quot appeared on the screen and I was instantly signed in I learned this Why do I need 12 year old password on new PC? week that it will take to weeks to wait for a new cooling fan for my laptop so I was forced to buy a nd laptop as a backup For some reason however the transition was not as smooth this time Instead of my name the word quot User quot appeared on the screen but I was still able to sign on to the net without a password This time however I had to look up my year old microsoft password and sign in to this ancient microsoft account to access my e-mails Furthermore I now need to use this year old password to sign on to the internet where my name and my e-mail address are displayed on the screen My password is not quot remembered quot Why was the transition smooth and seamless when I went from my first computer to my laptop but I now needed to access an old microsoft account to get e-mail service and to sign in on the newer laptop Why won't this new laptop remember my password Thanks in advance The baffled One

A:Why do I need 12 year old password on new PC?

Depending upon what browser you're using, there are built in Password Managers. Also there are 3rd party versions of them. It's better that your E-mail is more secure rather than a little inconvenience.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/why-do-i-need-12-year-old-password-on-new-pc-988273.html
Relevancy 67.51%

That time of the year where I spontaneously feel like formatting the system and starting anew. Practically however this really is not worth it at the moment, at least until I can back things up in confidence I simply can not be bothered restoring everything. So, I wonder. Can anything be gleamed from my logfile?

Mainly I just want to ensure system is running optimally and nothing has gotten past the defences.

Thanks in advance to those who take the time to look over things.

A:That time of the year (& HijackThis log)

In reality, you should only run the HijackThis program when you think your browser has been hijacked. It's not a 'cleaner', start up faster program. It a program to find malware on a system. It's not going to tell you if the system is "running optimally". It cans show some entries that have " gotten past the defenses." Using it as a "screening tool" is a misuse of the program. It is best used along with other cleaning programs.

Please scan with Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware, then rescan with HijackThis and attach all three logs.
See Steps 4 and 5 here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/post645589-1.html

Your Java is also out of date. Update from this site: http://www.techspot.com/vb/post645589-1.html

We will remove old entries after all logs are posted. I won't go through the current log- it's best to run the other programs first, THEN rescan with HijackThis.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/that-time-of-the-year-hijackthis-log.113540/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi there everyone I'ts been over a year since I last wrote on this forum Last time was because I had several bsod at the start of summer which ended up being fixed by cleaning the cooler Well here I am again with the same problem except that cleaning my computer didn't work this time It started with a single bsod in - after Problem A returns. year may which I left alone since it never really returned Now I had like A year after - Problem returns. the last days Since it's nearly A year after - Problem returns. the exactly same time of the year and it's hot like hell outside I've been thinking maybe it's the heat I cleaned my computer which was very dusty A year after - Problem returns. on the inside but it didn't work out for long I went to see the instructions on how to post about bsod but quickly ran into a problem with the jcgriff program at step or b It runs fine at first with it's little command popup but after saying quot Almost finished quot it begins a unending cycle of saying quot Waiting for systeminfo quot Been waiting for ages now and still no progress can anyone tell me how to fix this so I continue getting help Thanks in advance -Jens

A:A year after - Problem returns.

Okay, after stopping the program from running it did create a folder with the information I assume you need. I zip'ed everything up here for you. I included a dxdiag.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/a-year-after-problem-returns-698826.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Who was the guy who said computers will get twice as fast every year? Help me out, plz! Thanx!

A:Who said computers will get twice as fast every year?

Here you go:

Moore's law is an observation made by a founder of the Intel Corporation, the world's largest manufacturer of computer chips. It provides a deeper sense of how fast change and innovation is occurring in the chip technology of computers. Moore's law says that the capacity of computer chips will double every two years and the cost will be cut in half in the same time. This prediction has held true for over thirty years with the exception that the period doubling and halving rate now occurs about every 18 months.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/who-said-computers-will-get-twice-as-fast-every-year.37927/
Relevancy 67.51%

hi all I built my pc about a year ago as like a project one, im looking to upgrade so will give as much specs as I can and see what all think on what I should upgrade.
motherboard p5kpl-am-epu ,,, cpu- intel core 2 duo E6750 2.66ghz
2gb kinston ram ,,, 500gb sata hard drive upgraded from 240gb 3 months ago,, 750watt psu
geforce nvidia 8800gt graphics card

A:Built my PC last year now looking to upgrade

What's it used for Terry?

Whether it even needs updating depends on what you use it for really, hence asking. If you use it for gaming, let us know a few games you play and at what resolutions you prefer to play at.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-my-pc-last-year-now-looking-to-upgrade.182963/
Relevancy 67.51%

My daughter gave me her IBM Thinkpad ED running windows SE with MB of ram a GB hard drive and an Ali Pentium CPU She asked me try and fix for her When I was finally able to boot up I found she had really messed it up not corrupt just badly messed up to the point of having to format the hard This computer came with an 10 310ED IBM old Thinkpad year internal CD-ROM and an external floppy drive I do not have the boot CD however I do have the original IBM Thinkpad Recovery CD-ROM Boot Diskette I also have the original Microsoft floppy Boot Disk for Windows Systems My question is would it be safe to format the hard drive and one of these boot disks to reinstall the operating system Or would I better off using these disks without formatting the hard drive I 10 year old IBM Thinkpad 310ED might add that I am using this as a learning experience I would appreciate any assistance from any quarter

A:10 year old IBM Thinkpad 310ED

The Restore CD will when run will automatically format the drive and take the machine back to Day One status...The problem with this is ALL her data and Programs installed after that will be GONE.Do you have a backup strategy for the stuff she may not want to lose ? ?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,58957.0.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello!

I've been having a problem with my Windows 7 x64 machine BSOD on me a few times a month for over a year!

I've finally reached the breaking point and have asked for help!

Attached is a rar of all my minidump files. Please let me know if you need anything else.

I appreciate your help!

A:Windows 7 x64 - BSOD - Over a year

Hi -

There were 50 total BSOD dumps (the max retained by Windows 7) dating back to January 2012.

To start with, update Asus ATK0110 mobo utility driver. This 2005 version is known to cause BSODs -

Code:
ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005 (42476C4C)
http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=ASACPI.sys

Remove ElbyCD for now -

Code:
ElbyCDIO.sys Thu Dec 17 17:25:16 2009 (4B2AAFCC)
http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=ElbyCDIO.sys

If BSODs continue, run Driver Verifier -

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:
Debug session time: Wed Apr 17 20:29:40.379 2013 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\041713-36987-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
System Uptime: 2 days 14:32:03.830
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!FsRtlTeardownPerStreamContexts+e2 )
BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa800a7cf6f0, fffffa800a7cf7a0, 40bffff}
BugCheck Info: BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Bugcheck code 00000019
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000020, a pool block header size is corrupt.
Arg2: fffffa800a7cf6f0, The pool entry we were looking for within the page.
Arg3: fffffa800a7cf7a0, The next pool entry.
Arg4: 00000000040bffff, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_20
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x19_20_nt!FsRtlTeardownPerStreamContexts+e2
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2400
BiosVersion = 1004
BiosReleaseDate = 07/10/2008
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = P5Q-PRO
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Apr 15 05:55:48.944 2013 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\041513-38438-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 1 days 21:16:16.785
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+45a45 )
BugCheck 1A, {41287, 8, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
Bugcheck code 0000001A
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041287, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: 0000000000000008
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41287
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41287_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+45a45
BiosVersion = 1004
BiosReleaseDate = 07/10/2008
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = P5Q-PRO
Debug session time: Sat Apr 13 08:37:43.245 2013 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\041313-36831-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 3 days 16:54:58.086
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )
BugCheck 19, {3, fffff80002e18870, fffff80002e18870, fffff80002e18070}
BugCheck Info: BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Bugcheck code 00000019
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, the pool freelist is corrupt.
Arg2: fffff80002e18870, the pool entry being checked.
Arg3: fffff80002e18870, the read back flink freelist value (should be the same as 2).
Arg4: fffff80002e18070, the read back blink freelist value (should be the same as 2).
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_3
PROCESS_NAME: vmware-authd.e
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x19_3_nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53
BiosVersion = 1004
BiosReleaseDate = 0... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-x64-bsod-over-a-year-693095.html
Relevancy 67.51%

OK, someone at my wife's work was having pc problems and old HP would randomly and often hard-lock on her and wanted me to look at it. After checking a few things, ram, heatsink, power supply, I told her that without parts i was kind of dead in the water, so I started looking for parts. Ebay seemed to be the only prospect, old AMD slot A MB with pc100 ram, mostly everything was going to be used stuff and she didnt like that so had to look for something else. I ended up finding a socket A MB, Sempron2400+/333 and 512 pc2700 for approx $125. After messing with the HP case awhile we desided to deep six the case I had a spare mini-tower that she could have, fiited with a new 400watt ATX psu. After getting everything together there is only one part left from the HP a cdrw dirve

Relevancy 67.51%

Philips cd/rw 800 series doesnot work. The main problem is the tray doesnot open. I did the usual steps of uninstalling software, changing the settings from master to slave with the cdrom, change software from adeptec to nero and still it doesnot work.

I dont want to give up -anybody have some suggestions, or have someone had similiar problems and found a solution

TIA

A:cd/rw doesnot work after one year

If the tray does not come out correctly it's not a software of driver problem it's a hardware problem. You can sometimes fix them if you are mechanically inclined enough and can figure the mechanics of why it's not opening all the way. If you can't fix it the only other option is to replace it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-doesnot-work-after-one-year.93703/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi nbsp My son is asking for his own computer or laptop nbsp for his birthday next month nbsp so he can play Minecraft I've been trying to read up online what would be best but I'm NOT that techie that I don't even trust myself to make a good decision In my research nbsp majority of the websites suggests that building a nbsp PC would be best however I prefer him to have a 10 old kid turning year my Laptop for laptop or a netbook because I can confiscate it if his grades slip or he has discipline issues Also he and his friends nbsp like to take their laptops to each others houses and play Minecraft in the same room together nbsp Anyway I came across this link right Laptop for my kid turning 10 year old here nbsp http www consumertop com best-laptops-for-kids and found Lenovos on their list I am just not sure what is the difference between Thinkpad and IdeaPad Which is more reliable Any nbsp suggestions nbsp Are these a good choice or there are other options aside from these I prefer buying online rather than buying on a local computer shop so your opinions are needed for this purchase nbsp Please help Thanks nbsp Dwyane

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Laptop-for-my-kid-turning-10-year-old/td-p/3384669