Windows Support Forum

Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

Q: Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

As the topic title says, my Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN (On this machine) Constantly connects and disconnects about every 5-10 seconds. My other machines on my network are fine.

I've tried moving the card into different PCI slots;
Changing the RJ45;
Installing drivers on the CD provided;
Installing drivers from the internet;
Uninstalling the card completely and installing as above;

Any ideas?
Any other specs you may require, just ask and i'll post them.

Windows XP (No service Packs as i just formatted. It had the same problems with SP1 and SP2 installed too)

Many thanks.

Ben

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

Where are you connecting to? A router? A switch? A bridge? A hub? Another computer?
What does your network look like in general?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-10-100-lne100tx-lan-connects-disconnects-constantly.22663/
Relevancy 31.39%

I've been having this problem for only the last week or so where my internet will stop working until I restart my computer, even though it says I am connected and internet is available.

The problem is not with my modem or my router. The internet works fine on every other computer.
I've run multiple antivirus scans on multiple programs. Clean.
Drivers are up to date.

Sometimes it disconnects after five minutes, sometimes forty, sometimes hours.
I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

A:Internet disconnects and won't reconnect until restart

What is this computers make and model? How does it connect to the Internet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-and-wont-reconnect-until-restart.200385/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello friends first time long time And essentially I have a dreaded problem with my quot smart TV quot I have one of the Samsung Led Tv to TV not internet router LED connects but s but an older model like a series or The T V has been working fine for the year and a half I ve had it The software updated itself multiple times and nothing ever happened However last night I had to move furniture around and left my modem and my wireless router disconnected for a good or hrs This action apparently LED TV connects to router but not internet reset my wireless router I reset the network and essentially created a new one I connected an XBOXONE laptops tablet and phones and a wireless printer to the network and they all work fine But for some reason the LED does not want to connect to the internet At first it was the apps that didn t connect and essentially the entire machine could not do anything related to the internet So I went online and tried all kinds of tricks which included doing a factory reset but that didn t work Also I tried to manually plug those google DNS numbers of and and no cigar I tried a few cycles where I unplugged the T V and the router and modem for a few minutes and nothing I called my ISP Time Warner Cable who said the problem was with Samsung I contacted Samsung and got no response I contacted the manufacturer of the wireless router Medialink who told me to change the encryption and the WPS settings I played around with the WPA AND WPA and the WPA AND WPA AND THE AES AND THE TKIP AND BOTH AT THE SAME TIME And absolutely nothing works the crooked thing still wont connect to the internet I have read somewhere that for people with comcast routers they needed to get rid of parental settings but my router doesn t have that I tried to disable WPS and that made it worse So I put everything back the way it was I don t know if the issue has anything to do with static vs Dynamic Ips or what I wonder if anyone can give me another tip I may have skipped over Could it be the internal network adapter is damaged all of a sudden and from pure coincidence independent of the reset Is there a way to set all of these things manually I have attached pictures of the whole process so you can see what I mean I can t figure out how to link so http postimg org gallery c tjth i aa nbsp

A:LED TV connects to router but not internet

That's a great set of pictures to illustrate the issue. As yet I've not bought a smart TV and your post has made me less likely to buy one. In your situation I'd try another factory reset for the TV and then set it up with a cable connection to the router. Assuming that goes well revisit wi-fi concentrating on the router settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/led-tv-connects-to-router-but-not-internet.209188/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have a linksys router that has stock firmware and I can get into the config by 192.168 etc but I can't get it to see the internet. I have a isp that gives dhcp ip so no login needed. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wrt-54g-linksys-router.215894/
Relevancy 28.38%

I just bought a new Modem (Netgear CM500) to use with a Linksys WRT54G Router... using Win 7 on Desktop and Win 8 on HP Laptop.
When connecting the Modem to the Desktop all is well with Internet. When I remove the cable from the DeskTop to go into the Router (along with adding the cable from the Modem to the router). initially I had the set up working. I unplugged the cable to move the component and now I can not get the router to work and I can only use the Internet when the Router is out of the connection.
I lose internet connection on Desktop and Laptop when trying to use the router. I have removed power from both modem and router in many different ways and rebooted both systems. I cannot access 192.168.1.1 and I have reset the Router. I'm out of ideas.

Please help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-cm500-modem-to-linksys-wrt54g.213798/
Relevancy 27.52%

So to clear out what my hardware is my core is an intel i LGA For a bit of background - A few months back I encountered this problem that my high temperature with too constantly Problem CPU fan started to malfunction Though a few hours later the fan started to work again I used a flashlight to look into the CPU and yeah it was spinning Both of Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high them at equal rates So onto the actual problem I few days ago I just got my PC fixed since my vid card malfunctioned Fearing it was overheating I downloaded speedfan and now constantly check my GPU temperature However what worries me now is that it constantly reads my CPU temperature to be around - Celsius The frightening thing is it s ALWAYS at that range Even when I just turn my computer on despite it being in air-conditioning the temp is always at that range I also asked the guy who fixed my PC and said that it was a problem but that C is standard for a PC that s been used for hours Since I m kind of lazy to screenshot upload I ll just type out what it reads in Speedfan CoreTemp and CPU Thermometer Speedfan GPU C System C CPU C AUX C SMIOVT - C HD C Core C CoreTemp Tj Max C Core C Min Max Core C Min Max Load varies from - CPU thermometer reads relatively the same with a - C range What the hell is up with my PC and what can I do to solve it nbsp

A:Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high

Hello, omni23414.
It could be a miscalculation on the part of the on-die sensors, or a horribly failing cooling system.
I've checked Google for that chip's average temps, and they aren't supposed to be that high.
My CPU isn't a multi-core, so it by default doesn't generate much heat, but it's overclocked enough to make a toast.

Try disabling any 'Quiet fan' features in your mobo's BIOS, and check the temps.
For how long have you had this problem? Only recently, or since Day 1 of the assembly?

Try taking off all the fans and checking them individually. Check whether any fan is malfunctioning. If none is, it could be a case of bad case airflow. Or miscalculated temps.

Still, give me some more details on which programs you mostly run, how much load they give the CPU. I'll abuse Google for more information on your case.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-cpu-temperature-constantly-too-high.179473/
Relevancy 32.68%

Dear Experts

My Windows 7 laptop connected to internet via my mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 by tethering portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

I am a technician field and I need to connect my laptop via USB port to an Ericsson MiniLink (telecom NE) node to do configuration.

https://mazrilhisham.wordpress.com/2004/01/01/traffic-node/#jp-carousel-241

Whenever I connect the USB cable from the laptop to Ericsson my internet gets dropped, while this didn?t happen to my coworker who is using the same laptop brand as mine.
By the way the Ericsson software that I installed on my laptop create the attached socket called : "Ericsson USBLAN adapter" on my computer's network and that would be used for the USB communication

http://imgur.com/IRNyoIv

Any advice what should I do to avoid this problem
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop%E2%80%99s-internet-via-tethering-gets-dropped-when-connects-to-ericsson-minilink.210600/
Relevancy 32.25%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi I have also been experinsing these problems. I am a video game player as well and whenever I try to play on my laptop my internet disconnects. But all my other devices that use wifi work fine. Also there is nothing wrong with my computer because it works fine on other networks such as my schools. I recently moved and am now using a different internet provider ,centerylink. I think I have to change my modem channel but centurylinks website were you change modem settings is a scam. The website does not work and my parents think theres something wrong with my computer and are refusing to change internet service providers. So I am wondering how If I can change modem channels a different way.

Moderator note - This post removed from this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-keeps-disconnecting-randomly.205710/#post-1439822 to avoid hijacking.

A:Internet disconnects

Hi, You might have another wifi signal very close to your house that is on 'your' channel, it happens.
You can only move your channel to one of three different frequencies, that is the lowest, the middle or the highest one. So say your current channel is 6, there is no point going to 7, it's still too close.
If the 'other' problem wifi channel near you is say '1' then you should try to go to the other end of the range.
You change your WiFi channel in your router, then your laptop will find it.
You don't need a website to do that, it's between your laptop and your router.
You make the changes through any web browser, and the details will probably be on the label of your router.
But this might not the problem, although it's a fairly easy one to 'fix' if it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects.206830/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am currently using a basic DSL Modem to access the Internet It is connected to a WRT G Router with long range antennas and my current for WRT54G Linksys LTE use modem with V with dd-wrt works like a dream for multiple users All connection is via WIFI except a VoIP unit plugged into one of the Router ports All of this has proven reliable and works very well I am interested in replacing only the DSL Modem with ATT LTE hotspot like Sierra S or NetGear S by using a mini USB to LAN adaptor cable to connect to the router and program off the hotspot built-in WIFI output These units will accept MIMO higher gain antennas and should work well in this hilly area I have contacted a number of so called tech support folks and I might LTE modem for use with Linksys WRT54G as well have been speaking in French It makes perfect sense to me to simply want a LTE modem for use with Linksys WRT54G modem replacement which gets it s Internet access from cell towers I can only find quot enterprise quot boxes at absurd prices that seem to have this capability Am I crazy What am I missing here One thing I do see clearly with specifications that are incomplete and visible connectors etc not described anywhere in so called specifications is that this is all about marketing and a concept push as to how these and similar products should be used I would appreciate any experience or information on this I can t understand why this is not a typical or standard application Many folks are set up with good routers Thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lte-modem-for-use-with-linksys-wrt54g.204800/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello:

I know there are a million of these posts however, I couldn't find my specific problem. I have an Xbox 360 wireless controller connected to my PC. Normally the light indicating 1 is light. This lasts for about 5 seconds. Then the light for controller 4 lights at the same time and then 2 and 3 and then 1 and 4 and so on (this happens very quickly). During all this time the controller works fine. Except that every once in a while it disconnects (no lights). Pressing the xbox button inmediately connects it again but is very annoying.

Any help what might be the issue? Also, it worked fine before. I´ve just stopped using it for a while and when I went to use again, the problem started.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-360-wireless-controller-disconnects-from-pc.204770/
Relevancy 27.52%

Alright here we go it s my first time here I don t got any help searching so gonna ask here The first problem is that my notebook has recently a Bad Image error when I try to install programs like if I download in baixaki Advanced SystemCare he tells me that got a bad image Also I can t install so much things and the cleaners anti-virus thanks to that some programs as Fire Fox too here let me show you It doesn t Constantly errors and Bad blue Image screens change the error I think with others it always say this jscript dll and yeah I will not make another thread so I think I am able to show all the problems here I didn Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens t read rules Second one much KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR blue screen but not frequently sometimes he freezes and does that It already maked it constantly when it was starting and I fixed it I think I think those problems are related to my HD or motherboard isn t it Third one everytime I open chrome he say that he isn t my principal browser and when I click to make it he doesn t do Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens Also his image is bugged P S I don t remember when exactly this error of Bad Image started I was in the past without it and it suddently appeared I know that can appear by I installing something I was downloading so much in the forums GTA SA Mods P S I play so much games on that frequently War Dota Tibia GTA and others RPG but now only War Dota So waiting if you can help me nbsp

A:Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens

Sorry I forgot, the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR was already constantly appearing when I start windows. Not expecified that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-bad-image-errors-and-blue-screens.204513/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi everyone Just to let you know I know hardly anything about computers but desperately need help All programs on my laptop have been responding badly or not at all for quite a while Today I wanted to see if there is anything I can do about it I noticed that the CPU usage is up to a almost constantly First I used QuickClean then I ran a full virus scan nothing detected Next I googled about this problem CPU constantly 100% usage and found information about performing a system file check which I did again nothing detected Next I have done a disc scan and again nothing detected When I check under processes in the task manager I cannot see anything suspicious but as I said before I am not that familiar with computers Is there anyone who knows what I could do to find the problem I am using Windows by the way I urgently need my laptop to run effeciently to use it for work And before CPU usage constantly 100% anyone suggest to resrote it to an earlier backup I can t because it has been going on for a long time and I wouldn t know how long back to go and probably loose a lot of files Also completely rebooting it isn t an option because when I bought it new it came with windows and Microsoft Office pre-installed and I haven t got any recovery cd s If anyone can help that would be fantastic please don t forget to not use technical language but for normal pc users like me - Thank you very much nbsp

A:CPU usage constantly 100%

Caty80 said:

Hi everyone.
Just to let you know, I know hardly anything about computers but desperately need help.

All programs on my laptop have been responding badly or not at all for quite a while. Today I wanted to see if there is anything I can do about it.
I noticed that the CPU usage is up to a 100 % almost constantly. First I used QuickClean, then I ran a full virus scan... nothing detected. Next I googled about this problem and found information about performing a system file check which I did... again nothing detected. Next I have done a disc scan ... and again nothing detected.

When I check under processes in the task manager I cannot see anything suspicious but as I said before I am not that familiar with computers.

Is there anyone who knows what I could do to find the problem??? I am using Windows 7 by the way. I urgently need my laptop to run effeciently to use it for work. And before anyone suggest to resrote it to an earlier backup... I can't because it has been going on for a long time (and I wouldn't know how long back to go and probably loose a lot of files). Also completely rebooting it, isn't an option because when I bought it new it came with windows 7 and Microsoft Office pre-installed and I haven't got any recovery cd's.

If anyone can help that would be fantastic (please don't forget to not use technical language but for normal pc users like me ;-)) Thank you very muchClick to expand...

Open up task manager and click the processes area, then click the spot that reads CPU and take a screenshot so we can see what is running your system up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-usage-constantly-100.203878/
Relevancy 31.39%

I've been having this problem for the past 3-4 weeks now. I had an old Zyxel router that my broadband provider had given me for free and thought the problem might have been with it. Today I got a new router, an ASUS DSL-N55U and the problem persists.

My internet connection will disconnect (both cable and wireless for all devices) for seemingly no reason. Upon restarting the router, it will connect and be fine for a while until it happens again. Sometimes it stays online a few hours, other times a few minutes. It doesn't seem to be a specific application that disconnects it, as it disconnects when using many different applications and devices. (Although the old router did disconnect when refreshing game server lists, as it flooded the router. The new router doesn't seem to have this problem)

It's been bugging me like crazy, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

A:Internet Disconnects but Reconnects on Restart

Did your Isp .Run a line check for you. I had this problem about a year ago. Turned out it was my line coming in the house. another thing you can try is uninstalling you av protection. Long enough to see if this makes a differance. I have seen AV software cause problems like this also. That is about all I can think of. I am sure someone else here will be able to assist you to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-but-reconnects-on-restart.203873/
Relevancy 33.97%

My computer was cleaning out some files it found to be of no use. While it was uninstalling them I lost internet connection and it said I needed ethernet. My ipod connects as well as every other device in my house. I uninstalled with a program that came with my computer and need help.

A:My computer only connects with ethernet

Check the Device Manager and tell us if you see any yellow (!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-only-connects-with-ethernet.202881/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi! It's my first post on this forum, and I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this thread, but hey :]
I have a Dell Inspiron, and am totally clueless about tech. As of now, my computer connects fine using an ethernet cable, but it doesn't connect via wifi.
When I do attempt to connect via wifi, it appears as connected but I cannot connect to a website.
Any ideas? >_<
Thank you all so much!

A:Connects to Ethernet but not Wi-Fi

Is this a new system and/or has wifi ever worked on this system?

what version of windows {xp, vista, win/7, win/8}

the make and model of your router?

On {xp, vista} run -> enter CMD and enter key; on Win/7 search -> enter CMD and enter key

In the new command prompt window that results, enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt and enter key

Now when you come back with a follow-up, COPY/PASTE the content of the myTCP.txt into your post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connects-to-ethernet-but-not-wi-fi.187307/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue connecting to my wireless network with my computer. Things were working fine until a few weeks ago when the wifi on my computer stopped connecting; now I can only get internet through a wired connection (although the fact I can do this is strange to me). My rooommate is not having any issues with the wireless whatsoever. I have a fairly new acer aspire s7 which has no difficulties connecting to any other wireless network while I am at campus or have gone home for the weekend. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this issue as it has become impossible to do any form of research while I am at home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jay

A:Laptop issue connecting to wireless internet but connects w/ LAN

Posibilities are your wireless signal is not in range or the wireless router is full of user who are connected to it, or it surpasses the user's limit.. how many user's has wifi connected to the wireless router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-issue-connecting-to-wireless-internet-but-connects-w-lan.201675/
Relevancy 28.81%

Small office - 3 computers, 2 plugged into router, 1 wireless. Can I have two networks, one for office use, another for customers, that way they can't see our data files?

A:Have Linksys Wireless-N router, can I have two networks?

I'll look into that at office AM. Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-linksys-wireless-n-router-can-i-have-two-networks.201605/
Relevancy 58.48%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello all,

So, I have a Toshiba Satellite computer that's a couple years old, but runs fine other than the internet.

This problem started happening around a month ago, for a couple days it'll just disconnect and reconnect to the internet randomly ( Every couple minutes or so) But after a couple days, it usually just stops. Recently it started doing it again, and I've searched and searched online and tried literally everything I can find but nothing seems to work. We've updated drivers, tried restore points, changed the driver settings to maximum performance in the power management settings, but to no avail.

We're running on Windows 7, have intel-Centrino Winax adapters. It isn't the router either btw, as we have another laptop that stays connected perfectly fine. Tried toshiba support, but since the warranty is out they wanna charge us, but the tech guy did say something about changing settings, just not sure what settings he was talking abou

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and any more info you need just let me know how to get to it and I'll post. Thanks!

A:Toshiba Laptop randomly disconnects and reconnects every couple minutes.. Tried everything

You may have to invest in one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315091

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-randomly-disconnects-and-reconnects-every-couple-minutes-tried-everything.199323/
Relevancy 27.52%

I added my computers ip to the DMZ and that did nothing so I don't think its a port issue and I also disabled the routers firewall so that cant be it. The router is running the 1.0.04 Official Firmware. I have also tried to use dd-wrt. all of my devices have static ip

A:Linksys E3200 Router Adds 100ms ping to BF4 servers

Hi dustin_ds3000,

I think in order for us in the community to help you, we'll need some more information.

how is your network setup?
are you connecting wirelessly / wired
how are you connecting with/without the Linksys E3200
What type of internet connection are you using?
Do you have any software firewall installed?
Did you ensure that nothing in the background is running? (e.g: BT, download manager, QVOD, etc..)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-e3200-router-adds-100ms-ping-to-bf4-servers.198784/
Relevancy 27.95%

I know this is an old thread but I have found it because I was having problems with my laptop constantly dropping out (several time an hour) it would connect via ethernet no problem I followed the instructions as above ie the 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 . . . question: do I now need to go to googleping to verify these settings or is my laptop now "reset". Thanks in anticipation, it's great to be able get help like this! Martin.
forget to add isp is BT I am using homehub 4 on an Acer Aspire 64 bit windows 7 laptop is a little over 4 years old and the problem of drop outs has only become reallyserious over the past 2 to 4 weeks

Moderator note: Moved from this thread - http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connects-to-ethernet-but-not-wi-fi.187307/#post-1363198

A:Laptop constantly dropping out

These DNS settings are fine, but have NOTHING to do with dropping connections. These are only used to find the correct IP address when you open a webpage or send/receive email.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-constantly-dropping-out.198273/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,

There's home wireless connection that my laptop won't connect to on its own. This wireless connects after the laptop has been connected to the router via the Ethernet cable, and stays connected with the cable unplugged until it drops (it's normal for my connection to drop sometimes), and then won't reconnect by itself again.

My wireless has wpa2-psk. OS is Vista.

Thank you.

A:Wireless only connects after Ethernet cable connection

Hey Sammy2. I assume your machine connected before with no connection issues.
Which Vista are you using,32 or 64 bit, and what Service Pack level is it on?
Do you have and use a good Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware cleaner?
When you lose your connection, is the Internet and wireless l.e.d.'s on the router still on?
Are there any other pc's that connect to this network?
When you state it won't connect again automatically, what do you do to get an Internet connection again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-only-connects-after-ethernet-cable-connection.197616/
Relevancy 28.38%

If I'm able to, how would I go about running a network hub from an existing port on the router?

I.E. Modem->Router->PCs/Hub->TV/PC

In theory I'm trying to run a wired connection to my room and have the ability to have my PC/TV and any other devices connected to the network physically, my wireless strength isn't exactly good and it's very inconsistent at best when it comes to my internet speeds makes it a bit harder to watch Netflix/Play games.

Any insight would be wonderful!

A:Question about a home network using a Linksys WRT54GS2

Modem > Router >

Then use a LAN port on the router to connect to a LAN port on the hub.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-a-home-network-using-a-linksys-wrt54gs2.197409/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi there, I'm new to this site and not very technically minded.

This may not be the right place to post this, so sorry if its not.

I have a Sony vaio with windows vista. I am currently with virgin.

I can get onto the wifi with my phone and ipad no problem but I can only get the wire connected Internet on my laptop. I have previously been able to get onto wifi on the laptop though.

Any suggestions what I need to do so I can get the wifi back?

Thanks in advanced

Em

A:Connects to Ethernet but not Wi-Fi

*login as an admin
*get a command prompt; click start->search and enter CMD & hit enter

now type these one at a time:

ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
netsh int reset all
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
reboot and attempt wifi connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connects-to-ethernet-but-not-wi-fi.196282/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,

My computer randomly disconnects from the internet while gaming, youtubing or emailing etc. My computer is on wired internet and I've tried switching ports and switching cables. I've been searching the internet but I can't find any solution. Is there any way someone could help me?

Thank you very much,

Joey

A:Random 1 second disconnects

What were you doing prior to this started happening. You need to make sure you not infected by pest. First remove any Wired ethernet cord from the PC. Run a system virus check set to full scan. Let that run. If nothing turns up. Try setting your PC network adapter to static IP. This means you don't let the router setup the IP.

If that doesn't work then you have a bad network adapter. You could also try downloading newer drivers for your network adapter. Also any firmware updates for your router too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-1-second-disconnects.195335/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have got two Pcs a Dell amp a HP I one other, on alternatively on the not Internet connects but computer have also got two modems TalkTalk D-Link DSL- and BT Home Hub Both Pcs Internet connects on one computer but not on the other, alternatively are never powered on at same time The TalkTalk modem works with both Pcs and I can connect to the internet without any problem which ever Pc I am using But BT modem will only connect to internet on the HP and will not work with Dell I tried to reset the modem without any joy then rebooted the modem unplugging the dsl and Ethernet cables and then connecting the dsl cable only and waiting until the broadband light is steady blue on the BT modem then connecting the Ethernet cable again but it will not connect to the internet First a message will appear to say A network cable is unplugged then the Pc will try to connect again and again without any luck I have checked the TCP IP settings and on both computers these are set to obtain an IP address automatically My problem is that Dell is my main PC HP is only a spare one and used very rarely and I want to use Dell with BT modem as this modem has got a phone connected to it I read on google that Mcaffee could be a cause of this problem and have tried to uninstall it but it still does not work for me P S The WiFi works fine and we are able to connect our phones and tablet even when BT modem is connected to the Dell and it is only the wired connection which does not work between Dell amp BT modem Thanks for your help Riz nbsp

A:Internet connects on one computer but not on the other, alternatively

When you uninstall McAfee look in the services.msc and see if there are any services still in for McAfee.

Run as the admin open up a dos session prompt
type: sc delete service name and hit enter this will remove the services
also check:
task scheduler found in control panel for Home Premium
Look in there for any McAfee task and delete those
Also look in Start-up
Run system cleaner like JetClean and System Ninja to remove any traces of McAfee.

Are you on Windows 7 or 8?
Your using two modems because of what you have setup there?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-on-one-computer-but-not-on-the-other-alternatively.195025/
Relevancy 28.38%

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but I need some help with my wireless USB adapter. I have used this adapter on two separate computers (including this one) under the same router and it's worked fine but I just bought my friends old computer off him and I can't get it to connect. I have the software and it installs everything just fine, it sees the connection, has near full signal but when I go to connect, it just won't... Or rather, it says it's connected but with no internet access. When I click troubleshoot it says it can't find any issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Forgot to mention, it's a linksys Cisco USB adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-cisco-wireless-usb-connectivity-issues.185913/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello Dear Friends,

My PC (Desktop Computer Windows XP Installed) is having some problems, I am not able to understand what it is. When I want to Power On this computer some times it is matured at the level of Window/Desktop, but it is automatically powered off at any time and a NUMLOCK Indicator shows on the Keyboard and if I want to Restart it the Power on Button does not work until I did not cut off the power supply for 30 Seconds to 1 Minute. Some time it can not be able to load the window and powered down in between the Boot Process and even I can not Reinstall the Windows due to this episode.
PLEASE HELP TO CLEAR THIS PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Problem with computer powering off constantly

I've moved your thread to a more suitable sub-forum given your problem. I've also retitled it as well.

From what you've said, it sounds like the issue is actually your power supply. How old is the computer, and what are the spec's of it?

Please also note that typing in capitals is considered shouting -- I realise you don't mean this, but just pointing it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-computer-powering-off-constantly.184574/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello I have a network with about computers on it wireless and wired The wired computer hosts printers for the network Yesterday it stopped responding to the network and no no computer connects longer Internet to Desktop longer will connect to the internet Desktop computer no longer connects to Internet No changes have been made to the computer and the other wireless computers still have internet access but cannot see the wired computer Under the Network and Sharing Center it shows the computer connected to the network but not through to the internet and the printers are not accessible to the other computers I ve unplugged the cable and installed a wireless USB network adapter and it too shows that the computer is connected to the network but no connection to the internet and no printer access to the other computers I tried restarting the computer and restarting the LAN and DSL modem as well as renewing the ipconfig without success I ve pinged the card and it responds to and I tried to ping gateway and got no response but one of the working computers gave the same output no response Any suggestions Thanks in advance Franklin nbsp

A:Desktop computer no longer connects to Internet

I found the issue, it had to do with McAfee's latest update...

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101446

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-computer-no-longer-connects-to-internet.184506/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hey all First time poster on these forums I was hoping to disconnects randomly Everyone Internet from get new insight as to what might be causing the issues I m having About a couple weeks ago I started to experience some internet troubles It would be every minutes or every couple hours but I would get disconnect from the internet To start with the tray icon it would mostly show the triangle over the symbol when this Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet happens yet sometimes it would say it was connected perfectly fine Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet In both circumstances during these periods Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet it would not be able to connect to the internet On my network maximum of three of us I am the only one that is hardwired in to the router with an Ethernet cord The other two are wireless We had gotten a new router from Bright House a Ubee modem router and were not satisfied at all when this started happening We purchased a new router to get gigabit Ethernet ports and to give us GHZ wireless channels After installing the new router and setting the UBEE to bridge mode the problem persisted When the UBEE is in bridge mode though and I connect directly to the modem I haven t noticed the problem Although I have never been directly connected to the modem for any extended period of time I have seriously tried every solution that threads have offered saying that it may be a windows problem and none seemed to do the trick So I am finally trying to reach out to you guys to hopefully receive some help I have tried calling Bright House and they sent test signals and they say that the connection is fine We noticed that when we disconnected our house phone the problem seemed to stop happening But now after it has been disconnected from the modem for a week or more the problem returned Resetting the router and modem together seems to grant us at least a day of uninterrupted access and sometimes more After I bridged the UBEE I did change some settings I disabled the firewall and set a DMZ to my router to allow all access through to it What should I do next to address this issue Thank you all in advance NickkyCubba nbsp

A:Everyone randomly disconnects from Internet

The problem lies somewhere in between your ISP and PCs.

Is this how your routers are connected?
ISP ----- Ubee wireless modem/router (bridge mode) ---- 2nd wireless router

Make sure you only have one dhcp server and the routers are not operating in the same channel. You can disable the firewall of your 2nd wireless router keep the firewall on on your modem/router. You dont need to use DMZ unless you are hosting some service to be accessed through the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_(computing)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everyone-randomly-disconnects-from-internet.177796/
Relevancy 31.39%

Heya I just had my system checked out by the kind people in the Malware forum but it doesn t seem like there s any bugs hiding on my computer so Broni said I Frequent disconnects/slowing Internet should probably post here instead I ve been having a problem with my internet - it s sort of an old contract that we ve got with AT amp T I think Frequent Internet disconnects/slowing and it usually holds up for non-serious gaming but recently I ve been having all sorts of issues with getting disconnected frequently from both games and the router alike I Frequent Internet disconnects/slowing have both a Rosewill x PCIE Frequent Internet disconnects/slowing wireless adapter card and a Netgear v usb stick to try and use to connect to the internet but when I ve used one or the other I haven t had much luck The internet ll be relatively quick for a few minutes and then die down more precisely I might get - mbs for a couple minutes after connecting and then end up somewhere around mbs Unfortunately mbs isn t even really enough to navigate one or even two tabs on Firefox efficiently I originally installed the driver that was on the CD that came with my Rosewill card - I only added it into my desktop recently since the Netgear s frequent overheating made for something of a hard limit to how much internet I could use - but I ve downloaded a more recent driver from the Rosewill website as of last night and for the time being it seems like my internet s tentatively alright Could all of this have just been an issue with my card driver But how would that explain the slow internet when I turned off the card utility and connected through the USB stick As of right now my internet seems sort of alright but I m running both the card utility and the USB stick at the same time - and by that I mean it seems to work out alright that my USB stick and my card can t seem to manage to hold a connection very well but if I run both at least there s a sort-of backup for when one inevitably fails I want to say that this shouldn t be necessary but I really can t figure out what else I could do how to fix this aside from upgrading the internet Not my house or moving closer to the router stationary on the other side of the house Any suggestions or advice would be welcome nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-internet-disconnects-slowing.182417/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi, I need to configure my nat settings on my router so me and my bro can play starcraft broodwar together under the same ip.. is there a way to do it that is supported by sc 1.16.1 as of today?

-starcraft broodwar servers currently do not support this and ive heard that there is a very
complicated work around..?-

A:How to configure NAT on Linksys e1000?

What router do you currently have?!? Unless you have a high end router: cisco, juniper networks, brocade, etc. NAT should be enabled & running by default. NAT, or Network Address Translation; simply put - "is the process of modifying IP address information in IP packet headers while in transit across a traffic routing device" [see link here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation ] As long as you have a router in place, NAT occurs automatically.

If you and your brother are on the same network, connected to the same router, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to play SC1 - I have LAN parties where we play with 4-8 of us, all behind the same router.

Now, if you are looking to play SC1 and you and your bother are NOT connected to the same router, or are NOT in the same physical location geographically... My friends and I play "over the internet, WAN games" via a virtual VPN program called hamachi [see link: https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/download.aspx ] This allows friends of mine in multiple states, or continents to play as if we were on the same physical network. Depending on your router, you might have to forward a couple of ports to your PC on your local LAN. [see link: hamachi ports: http://help.logmein.com/SelfServiceKnowledgeRenderer?type=FAQ&id=kA030000000DGD6CAO how to port forward: http://portforward.com/ ]

I hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-configure-nat-on-linksys-e1000.181364/
Relevancy 27.52%

hey can anyone help me out here?

I tried portforward.com's guide and editing the registry game data port, still cant host games

running windows vista 7

A:Unable to host games in StarCraft with Comcast modem on Linksys e1000

Make sure the game is not blocked by any firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-host-games-in-starcraft-with-comcast-modem-on-linksys-e1000.181314/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hiya,
I got this problem in this morning, I can access internet and wifi as well.
My internet cable goes into ADSL router (D-link) and then connect with a WRT 54G wireless router then it connect with my computer.
If I just connect directly from ADSL router, it's fine but I have more than 1 device so I have to connect with WRT 54G. But now, It got problem, when I connect it all, I just can access its wireless router controller page and in just 1 minute, after it disconnects automaticly, so the problem comes from WRT 54G but I have no idea to fix it.
Anybody can help me, please!!

A:WRT 54G disconnects after 1 minute

Update its firmware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrt-54g-disconnects-after-1-minute.179432/
Relevancy 31.82%

I just built a new computer recently and it is running great with one big exception, I keep getting randomly disconnected from my wireless internet connection. I do not believe it has anything to do with signal strength because my laptop right next to my rig never has this issue of connectivity. Also seeing as it is a new comp it is not an issue of any malware ect. If i had to guess i would say the wireless card i got is the issue. It was a last minute purchase and cost about 20 dollars. My question is how do I uncover if the wireless card is the culprit and if it is what steps do i take to fix/replace it?

A:Random disconnects from Internet

See if there is a newer driver. If so, uninstall the old one through Programs and Features and install the new one. Of course, make sure it is compatible with your version of Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-disconnects-from-internet.178963/
Relevancy 28.38%

i am unable to reset my router back to default username/password setting.ive been able to reset it in the past, but i cant remember what i did.

i have held the reset button down for 90 secs. then i unplugged the router while still holding down the reset button for an additional 90 secs. and finally plugged the power back in again still holding the reset button for an additional 90 secs.

ive tried switching between different web browser. default gateway is 198.162.1.1

tried using cmd prompt. used ipconfig /release. ipconfig /renew. just for the heck of it.

ive also read that this same model and version is giving alot of people trouble as far as resetting it goes.

honestly, im not sure what firmware i have installed. im not sure how to check it... if that may be the issue.

while trying to login to router via firefox, i get the security level 15 message

cant remember my username/password

A:Unable to reset linksys BEFW11S4 ver 4 router

Sounds like your router needs a hard reset, the following has helped me in some cases, but be aware, if these procedures don't work, than your router has gone bye bye, it's junk.

To reset your router to factory defaults, use the following procedure:

1) Power down all computers, the router, and the modem, and unplug them from the wall.
2) Disconnect all wires from the router.
3) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
4) Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then release it, then let the router reset and reboot (2-3 minutes).
5) Power down the router.
6) Connect one computer by wire to port 1 on the router (NOT to the internet port).
7) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
8) Power up the computer (if the computer has a wireless card, make sure it is off).
9) Try to ping the router. To do this, click the "Start" button > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. A black DOS box will appear. Enter the following: "ping 192.168.1.1" (no quotes), and hit the Enter key. You will see 3 or 4 lines that start either with "Reply from ... " or "Request timed out." If you see "Reply from ...", your computer has found your router.
10) Open your browser and point it to 192.168.1.1. This will take you to your router's login page. Leave the user name blank, and in the password field, enter "admin" (with no quotes). This will take you to your router setup page. Note the version number of your firmware (usually listed near upper right corner of screen). Exit your browser.

If you get this far without problems, try the setup disk (or setup the router manually, if you prefer), and see if you can get your router setup and working.

If you cannot get "Reply from ..." in step 9 above, your router is dead.

If there's some time left on any type or warrenty for this device, I would recommend using it, that is if in fact your router is dead.

Good luck.............hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-reset-linksys-befw11s4-ver-4-router.178724/
Relevancy 24.51%

I was wondering if any of you had any idea what is going on with my computer In bios it has a whole list of keyboard errors that happen all the time errors mouse errors, disconnects, keyboard on-screen Keyboard When I am typing an quot s quot will type quot sasasasasasasasasasa quot forever a quot w quot will be quot wqwqwqwqwqwqwqwq quot and an quot x quot will type quot xzxzxzxzxzxzxzxz quot infinitely Even If i don t type anything it will repeat quot sasasasasasasasasasasasa quot I ve tried keyboards with the same problem happening and my Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors mouse randomly quits working and I have to unplug and replug it for it to work I have formatted my computer twice and still get the same problem so it s not a Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors virus It does it even in setup Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors Also even more annoying is the windows On-Screen keyboard I have to use to type as it has the SAME problem and even opens random windows and programs with certain letters At first I thought it was my USB controller going out but if it was then how come the windows On-Screen Keyboard still does this Any help would be amazing this is so damn annoying Have any of you heard of this Should I just get a new motherboard since it might be a bad controller of some sort nbsp

A:Keyboard errors, mouse disconnects, on-screen keyboard errors

Have you updated your BIOS and drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-errors-mouse-disconnects-on-screen-keyboard-errors.176712/
Relevancy 28.38%

Last year my Linksys WRT 600 routerkept rebooting itself every 15 minutes or so without any help.
I searched online for replacement router.
Then I found aftermarket non linksys software and loaded it first onto my computer, thn with a direct connection, onto my router.
Here it is a year later and the WRT-600 is still running unhindered.

A:Linksys router lost connection repaired

kdmedic1745 said:

Last year my Linksys WRT 600 routerkept rebooting itself every 15 minutes or so without any help.
I searched online for replacement router.
Then I found aftermarket non linksys software and loaded it first onto my computer, thn with a direct connection, onto my router.
Here it is a year later and the WRT-600 is still running unhindered.Click to expand...

Yess, there are two know firmware replacements - - which one did you chose?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-lost-connection-repaired.175762/
Relevancy 28.81%

Although installing a custom firmware to your wireless router opens the door to a number of possibilities it s understandable if you feel comfortable just plugging in and using the router standard setup if that s working Trick Linksys routers restarting for OK for you Linksys routers are known for its reliability and spartan setup Glaringly missing from their standard set of options is a way to restart the device remotely something that might become a necessity if you are troubleshooting your network While the tried and true method of disconnecting the device for seconds and plugging it back will still work it s easier when you can accomplish that remotely As you are likely aware your router lives in the following Trick for restarting Linksys routers IP address unless you changed it to something else http There s a hidden file that will let you restart reboot your router effortlessly http Reset htm In case that doesn t work for your specific model there s an alternative Go to your router s control panel Then on the main menu select Administration gt Config Management shortcut http bkconfig htm From this screen backup your current router configuration to a file Subsequently restore the configuration you just saved by browsing the file and restoring it effectively restarting your router It might take a couple of minutes to reboot in this way but should be a safe method nonetheless nbsp

A:Trick for restarting Linksys routers

Good catch! Thanks.. I'll add that code to my web server extra-net web site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trick-for-restarting-linksys-routers.173814/
Relevancy 32.68%

Dell Vostro laptop running XP with a Realtek network card connected to a peer to peer network (7 pcs) with a Netgear router providing internet . The laptop has 3 userids defined (one for the main user and two others that are used less than once a year). For some reason I can only enable the wired network connection from one of the IDs (and not the one for the main user). The other two show cable unplugged when try to enable the connection. (The one that does work shows cable unplugged momentarily on enable but then enables with a double click). Upgraded to latest Realtek driver but same result. Also if swap cable same result so it looks like a software issue. All 3 IDs work fine on wireless, but as location is some way from router wireless signal is low so this is not an ideal workaround. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-connection-only-connects-on-1-out-3-ids-on-laptop-others-say-cable-unplugged.173401/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a wireless Toshiba latpop years old running Windows that I have been connecting with at my college for a year and a half with no problems This same laptop connects to my Fios wireless at home with no problems My trouble started weeks ago and I have been trying to solve this problem ever since day and night Ugh Start computer - I see their college network I chose it to connect or sometimes the checkmark is there to chose not constantly Default dropping / available, network gateway Internet automatically It will not connect I get the yellow triagle with words limited connectivity no internet access If I use the troubleshooter I get no default gateway It is fixed I sign in on their log Default gateway not available, constantly dropping Internet / network in page and within seconds it drops me every time I mean everytime Not just sometimes --I have spoken with their local IT people to no avail -- uninstalled any programs that I put in in the past months -- uninstalled my firewall --shut off windows firewall --reinstalled my Realtek Nic card with or different versions rolling upgrading and Default gateway not available, constantly dropping Internet / network installing brand new one from net --unchecked power save on the Nic card -- flushed the dns cache -- ipconfig release renew -- ran the troubleshooter at least times -- repair install of windows -- ran antivirus program malware programs all clean -- added all windows updates although most had been in anyway --registry cleaner of them --checked with IT that my log in is correct and not blocked --deleted all networks and setting up connection to college and fios again -- unchecking IPV on the Nic card plus many other tries that I can t remember Several of the above do give me a temporary connection to the network but it drops in seconds everytime I cannot get on the network without the troubleshooter then I get seconds and I am off Please help I have asked everyone I know Someone here has to know what to do Thank you FYI I spoke to sort of a network adminstrator today at the college He said he has heard of this problem from about other people and coincidentally we all have Toshiba laptops Anybody with a Toshiba laptop having this problem I was working fine on their network and now I cannot get on or stay on What could they have changed at their end that my laptop doesn t like I don t know these things nbsp

A:Default gateway not available, constantly dropping Internet / network

try a different wlan driver. or try a completely different wlan pci-e card in your laptop. boot off of a ubuntu disk and see if you can connect to the network stably from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/default-gateway-not-available-constantly-dropping-internet-network.172526/
Relevancy 27.95%

HI
Two Linysy cisco router of same network 192.168.128.1 and 100 are given and the sever 08 has 128 network .the problem is if one router is off the another router is pinging..like tat it was pinging simultaneously.
the router is Not communicating at the same time to the two routers.Its communicating simultaneously
pleas help regarding this issue tat the server must be communicate to the both router at the same time
thank you

A:Two Linksys Cisco routers unable to communicate with server

this issue tat the server must be communicate to the both router at the same timeClick to expand...

hmm; as you express it, this is literally impossible.
There should only be one DHCP server on this lan. With the addresses you've provided, the server has only one connection to the router and thus it can literally read/write to one device at a time.

Code:

==== router#1
(128.1)
|
+ (128.08) Server
|
+ (128.100) router ===
I fear you are attempting to connect each router to an ISP and get twice the bandwidth;
usually it is wired like this

Code:

===router#1 ------ server ---- router#2 ===
the server would need two NIC cards, but this never works due to the routing tables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-linksys-cisco-routers-unable-to-communicate-with-server.172024/
Relevancy 27.52%

This problem started yesterday, and as far as I know, I haven't changed anything on my laptop to warrant it.

I have an HP laptop running windows 7, about a 1 1/2 yrs old. My internet is being interrupted every 3-5 minutes, and it won't fix until I dis/reconnect or troubleshoot. This has happened both at mine and my girlfriend's house, on a Belkin and Netgear router. As far as I know, my xbox and desktop are not affected.

I have tried to renew IP in cmd, but it is "unable to contact DHCP server." I tried changing my router's channel, but it didn't fix. I scanned my pc with Avast, no viruses found.

This is driving me crazy.

A:Internet constantly 'interrupted', but not losing connection?

So looks like you're having issues w/ your wireless adapter. Have you tried uninstalling it from Device Manager, then restart Windows and let it detect and reinstalling the drivers? Or updating the drivers, if newer ones are available?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-constantly-interrupted-but-not-losing-connection.170196/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello, my name is Aleks and my internet disconnects when I am streaming any kind of video even youtube, also when I am on magic jack. Please help me I have tried running antivirus's and resetting my internet, and resetting the router.

I have attached a hijack this log. What do you think?

A:Internet disconnects when streaming (VPN)

What antivirus program are you using? You may be infected with a virus or other serious malware

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-when-streaming-vpn.169670/
Relevancy 30.96%

I can t seem to skype or video chat of any sort ie aim Video chatting connection disconnects Internet and fails video chat facebook video chat etc on my computer Whenever I start skype or try to start a video chat on aim facebook it fails and my internet disconnects for everyone I don t know what could be wrong Using the same wireless internet my friends are able to video chat on their macbooks It seems like my computer is the only one that can t video chat Video chatting works when I use a sprint internet card I have a sony vaio laptop running on windows Our router in our apartment at school is a D-link wireless N In addition to this problem my internet loves to disconnect randomly too this problem also persists at home with my Cisco Linksys router model WRT N V and Speedstream modem please help Thanx O so i think i may have isolated the issue with skype failing and my random disconnections when i disable my norton symantec antivirus i don t get disconnected and my Video chatting fails and disconnects Internet connection skype works however that would mean I would be defenseless if i had no antivirus does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how I would be able to tweak the settings of norton or anything else that I may fix so that everything still works with my norton still enabled nbsp

A:Video chatting fails and disconnects Internet connection

Remove Norton entirely and go for a free antivirus program like Microsoft Security Essentials. Google for it, or it is available using Windows Update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-chatting-fails-and-disconnects-internet-connection.170013/
Relevancy 27.52%

I ve moved into college and to help get faster and more reliable internet speeds I m connecting through Ethernet but I ve been having problems so far Initially constantly network Ethernet out goes card when I plugged Ethernet network card constantly goes out in the Ethernet cord it would not recognize it at all After a lot of fiddling around with it and resetting my computer it got it to recognize but a little bit later I tried to get on and it wasn t connected Ethernet network card constantly goes out anymore I checked my Adapter settings and it didn t list the LAN adapter It also wasn t in Device Manager Now it s constantly going in and out If I m on the Device Manager screen it will constantly refresh showing and then hiding the Controller If I click on properties for it the general info will show quot Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer quot And then within a few seconds will change to quot No drivers installed for this device quot It will occasionally go to quot This device is working properly quot but that s rare And will just constantly go back and forth between them I ve tried updating the drivers but it says they are up to date Info about computer My LAN controller is quot Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller quot My computer is a HP Pavilion dv - dx running Windows The computer has Wimax installed and it seems to think my Wimax controller is an Ethernet controller not sure if this is part of the problem nbsp

A:Ethernet network card constantly goes out

get your install CD and run sfc /scannow to verify system contents.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-network-card-constantly-goes-out.169934/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,
I got D-LINK DWA-131 WiFi adapter on my bro computer with Win 7. Mine router is Linksys E1000. Adapter connects to internet good, but after some surfing net network disconnects. When I try reconnect I get error and Windows troubleshoot. Only way is to turn adapter off and then on again few times to connect to network. What shall I do to fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-disconnects-randomly.167894/
Relevancy 24.51%

I'm looking for some opinions on Linksys Max Performance Wireless N Dual Band Router (E4200-CA) and D-Link Xtreme Wireless N Router (DIR-825).
These are the 2 I've narrowed it down to, I just don't know which one to get.

I'll be mostly using it for wireless online gaming on 3 pc/laptop simultaneously. but it will all so be use for wifi on about 3 other small devices, wired on 1 pc and 1 xbox.

any help or opinion on either one would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-buy-linksys-router-e4200-ca-or-d-link-router-dir-825.167538/
Relevancy 30.96%

i have an 802.11 n/g/b Wireless Lan USB adapter and just recently its been disconncting itself from the home network and then when i try reconnct it cant find any wireless networks at all. i have found a fix but it gets annoying after every 15 mins to half an hour of disabling the wireless network adapter and then re-enabling. not sure whats going on please help!

A:Wireless Network adapter disconnects then cant find networks help!

How is your signal strength? If you haven't already, you could try using a 3 foot USB extension so you can move the dongle to a more favorable reception position. If that doesn't help, just get a new one. I use one of these for one of my PCs and they seem to tend to fail after awhile.

I'm using a Rosewill USB adapter now and that one has been the most reliable so far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-adapter-disconnects-then-cant-find-networks-help.162363/
Relevancy 33.97%

I own 2 laptops (both Toshiba). The older model will connect fine to the Netgear N-300 WNR 2000 & new comp will not. I finally made a new homegrp hoping that wold help, disabled firewall etc. Error I am getting is " Network cable unplugged". After I troubleshoot it sometimes allows me back online & shows me surrounding routers in the area. Why is it not even recognizing my neighbors routers 95% of the time? It isn't the comp as it works fine outside the home. Thanks for all help. Very frustrated. Can I delete and just start over and how?

A:One computer connects to WiFi & one will not.. :(

" Network cable unplugged".Click to expand...

This suggests the PC is not looking at your wireless card it is only looking for a cable connection. Does the PC have an on off switch for the wireless card, make sure it is turned on.

Power off and remove the battery. Take the wireless card out and clean the contacts with a soft rubber (up and down not from side to side) reseat the card. Replace the battery and boot up. Look in Device Manager and check that the wireless card appears under Network Adapters and does not have a yellow ? or triangle next to it. Check on line for the most up to date drivers for your operating system and then uninstall the card in Device Manager and reinstall the fresh driver. Check again for connection.

If you find no obvious errors take the wireless card from the working PC and try that in it. You will have to install a different driver if the card is not identical. If that works then I think you can assume the card is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-connects-to-wifi-one-will-not.162096/
Relevancy 27.52%

Having connectivity issues constantly. I have a 2wire wirless router bridge with a netgear router on the other side of the house. The problem had been occuring prior to bridging.

Log file attached does anyone spot anything suspicious?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connectivity-issues-constantly-w-dsl-modem.161765/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey, so I currently have a Linksys E1000 wireless N router, and am connecting wirelessly with a Netgear WG111V2, my connection says its full speed but lags out alot, and i was wondering if it's possible to connect my netgear wgt624 to my computer, and have it wirelessly connect to the Linksys router, almost like the netgear router was an adapter.

If this is not possible, any tips on maximixing the performance of the wg111v2 adapter? sadly connecting directly to the router is not possible, as it's in my parents room.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-connected-to-linksys.161489/
Relevancy 28.81%

I was looking for some answers to a few questions before I buy the hardware to a bridge I want to setup.

The setup I want to use is 2 WRT54GL using DD-WRT firmware setup in bridge mode.

I am looking to bridge these routers from about <400 feet away.

My main question is, since the WRT54GL has 2 antennas, can one antenna be setup to receive and the other setup to transmit. If so, I should be able to replace one of the omni-directional(transmit) antenna with a directional antenna.

From anyone with bridging experience, will this setup work? Please note that these are simply bridged routers and don't need to serve any wireless
clients.

Thanks for any replies ahead of time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-cisco-wrt54gl-dd-wrt.159194/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am signed up to orange broadband who provide a netgear adsl router for the broadband.

I am now wanting to extend the broadband wireless network and I am thinking of using the Linksys WAP54G to extend the internet wirelessly.

Are these two compatible or can I change the router from netgear to a linksys one i.e. is orange broadband hardwired into the router or not?

A:Netgear and Linksys

see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-and-linksys.158480/
Relevancy 27.09%

Dear All member of Techspot and moderators.

Recently, My computer is starting change time and dates
1st day before Normal computer use: work, homework, play, Yehhh! <expression>
2nd day, when I turn on the computer, it show me today is "March 13, 2014. 3PM"
Time and Date is wrong. I manually change correct time.
3rd day, the computer change its time and day again, fix it manually.
Basically I do 2nd and 3rd repeatly.

I researched about this problem: I might need change the battery.

However, I really want to know what is the most important thing to do before I replace the battery. Do I need back up all my saved data in computer ?
Also, what if I do not replace the battery ? I mean what is the worst situation.

From
neowing.

A:My computer constantly change time and date - question

Your bios setting will get reset, when you change the cmos batterry.

Take note of the setting, before changing the battery.

Your data on the harddrive will not be affected, by a battery change.

I always thought that a weak/dying battery caused reset to factory setting. March 2014 ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-constantly-change-time-and-date-question.157832/
Relevancy 31.39%

My computer is wired directly to a modem and router and my ISP is AT&T DSL.

Modem: Motorola MSTATEA
Router: Belkin Surf F7D2301 v1

I still have Local Area Connection but not Internet Connection.

My internet disconnects every 2-3 minutes for about 20 seconds and this lasts for 1-2 hours. Then it happens again later on (I'd say 4 times a day).

If you need more information I'd be happy to tell you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-frequently.157810/
Relevancy 28.81%

ok well first off i dont have physical access to the router but i know its a linksys and of course the default gateway is i m connected to the router and have internet access however i want to seen router problem... like strange anything Linksys it never check the model of the router this is an unsecured network and Linksys router strange problem... never seen anything like it i m trying to help my broke uncle out so he can sell some stuff on ebay and keep in touch with his daugther in the hospital who s constantly on her laptop anyways hope no one judges or takes offence this is an unsecured network and when you type the gateway address in the url bar the screen just turns white and sais done i ve never seen that before it doesent as for the username and password witch i know on a default linksys is admin admin i have to order a cheap wireless adapter for my uncles laptop too and the signal strength is great on my laptop but i have a good wireless card i looked at cheap ones like this for him Linksys router strange problem... never seen anything like it newegg c o m Product Product aspx Item N E url and from the reviews i m hopeing it gets good signal quality i ll use a usb extension cable to manuver it for optimal signal Linksys router strange problem... never seen anything like it strength anywho does anyone have any ideas why i cant get into the routers management page also i d really like to get active on this forum i was working alot for fast-teks on-site computer services as an independent subcontractor witch was a way for me to work hours a week without overtime not sure if that was legal or not i quit after working there for a year and a half and then started a job at a local shop and got taken serious advantage of the guy that owned the place still calls me all the time cause he doesent know how to do anything and i m going back tommorrow cause he promised he d pay me by the day like - dollars witch isent much for all i fix and what he charges so i ll try it i guess but i genuinly like helping folks and i m starting college in january so if theres any tips on how to do this forum thing i ve never done it thanks everyone in advance nbsp

A:Linksys router strange problem... never seen anything like it

It isn't clear to me if you are connected to the router by a cable. If you are trying to access the router's administrative console, I believe you need to be connected by a physical cable although I'm not a expert in this area.

Regarding the Rosewill RNX-G1LX USB adapter, I have the similar Rosewill RNX-G1 USB adapter (it has a removable SMA antenna) and it works just fine on one of my XP Home PCs. I also use an extension cable for positioning purposes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-strange-problem-never-seen-anything-like-it.157632/
Relevancy 31.39%

USB 8 GB Flash Drive worked fine for over a year but now disconnects moments after plugged in. Tried to plug in the flash drive both XP and Vista operating systems. The PC will issue the tone indicating that it recognizes that a device has been plugged in to USB port and the light comes on indicating power to drive, but PC will instantly issue the tone indicating that the flash drive has been disconnected. Drive info does not appear in Disk Management window and the My Computer screen will briefly show 'Scanning For Object' but the disconnect tone sounds before icon can appear.

I don't have a full backup of all information on drive. Is there any way to force drive up long enough to transfer information or any recovery software that I can try?

A:USB drive disconnects moments after plugged in

Hey,

I have exactly the same think happening with a ScanDisk Cruizer 32GB thumb drive.
Did you find out what the problem is?

Tried on 3 separate computers running XP/7 same behaviour. Took the drive apart and re-soldered all the components so it isn't a faulty connection.

Thx.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-disconnects-moments-after-plugged-in.154383/
Relevancy 33.97%

In a nutshell, I have a dell inspiron laptop that will say connected to a signal, but the browser will only say web page not found. At first I thought it was a browser issue, but then found it connects just fine with a hard line setup via a lan cable from the router. I have ran scans with malwarebytes, spyware doctor, avast, kaspersky internet security, and ad-aware externally finding a few infections. I also have uninstalled the wireless driver, and reinstalled from a fresh driver download from dell. Still says 'connected' on the wireless, but the browser says 'cannot find web page'. My wireless network is working fine as I have 4 computers hooked up wireless and working fine. I also have tested the laptop on surrounding signals to be sure it wasnt just something about my network the laptop didnt like. same results all around.
Any ideas what to try next?

A:Wired LAN connects, but not wireless

let's get some documentation of the configuration.

Connect via Ethernet and then attempt to also connect the WiFi (ie both at the same time).

Now get a Command Promt (Start->Run) and then enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt

Attach myTCP.txt to your follow-up and describe the OS and Version of your system.

Has the WiFi EVER connected to your router?
Have you used your system at a hotspot (assuming a laptop)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-lan-connects-but-not-wireless.155721/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello Everyone !

I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 0768FGG model. I'm facing a problem when I press any key on the keyboard any device connected to USB port disconnects and reconnects. This is really frustrating I've been searching for the solution on the internet for quite some time and I came across this board. So please can anyone help me with this problem? It will be a great help if anyone can advise a solution..... Thanks

Kind Regards

Faisal

A:USB disconnects when any key is pressed on the keyboard : Lenovo 3000 N100

Yes Faisal,
a bios upgrade will fix this issue. Check for a bios update from Lenovo support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-disconnects-when-any-key-is-pressed-on-the-keyboard-lenovo-3000-n100.139004/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello I recently started having problems with my internet connection where I ll be online game or random browsing and I will randomly be disconnected I am hardwired through a wireless router The most I run at one time would be Ventrilo website in background Random internet disconnects and WoW and this has never happened before until a couple of days ago I attempted to switch ports and still same results I thought maybe it was the NVidia nForce Networking Controller and the WoW support forums suggested I go in Device Manager gt Advanced Tab gt Checksum Offload - Disabled Speed duplex Setting - Force Full Duplex --- It also recommended I turn off the quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot option I have done all this and to no avail The NVidia nForce Networking Random internet disconnects Controller verison is I am at a loss as to what to do from here on Let me know what information I can provide to help solve this Thank you p s - This took me minutes to write while I was dropped here and there randomly the irony nbsp

A:Random internet disconnects

Easiest thing to do is try being connected directly to the modem (bypass the router) or get another router and see if the same thing happens. I had this issue about a year ago, replaced my router and it's been solid since then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-internet-disconnects.153444/
Relevancy 28.38%

I purchased a Linksys WRT G wireless router version from amazon and when it arrived in the mail there was no CD with it I thought it was a new router but I think it must have been used wireless configure CD? How router linksys WRT54G to without as it has a goodwill price tag on the underside of it How do I get this router to send a wireless signal throughout my house without the CD How to configure linksys WRT54G wireless router without CD? So far I have connect the blue How to configure linksys WRT54G wireless router without CD? ethernet cord from the router to my internet modem and another ethernet cord from my router to my computer I also have both the wireless router and the internet modem powered up There is one numbered light on which is where I have the ethernet cord from the computer connected to the router and the internet light is blinking I have done several internet searches trying to find how I can send a wireless signal through my house with this router and the main thing I got was to go to the address and configure my router The thing is though is that while I can configure the router with a password and everything I still cannot get connected to the internet Can anyone walk me through this step by step nbsp

A:How to configure linksys WRT54G wireless router without CD?

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/WRT54G

That should have everything you need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-configure-linksys-wrt54g-wireless-router-without-cd.151991/
Relevancy 28.38%

Ok so I have two computers in my house one is mine and my sister computer and the other one is my dad computer so he set up a linksys router file sharing between our computer and i have got to find How Linksys sharing disable? File over router. to a way to disable it so he wont be able to explore my computer files of course not see my internet bookmarks and history how can i do it I File sharing over Linksys router. How to disable? am the administrator of my computer No biggie right Do i have to disable it from his laptop computer I just need to not let him explore my computer from his editing permission is useless when he wasnt home i tried exploring my computer from his and i could change security permissions like Modify Read and just explore C and D drives although I changed my specific folders secrutiy settings i could change them from his computer - its like he is the Workgoup network Admin he can do whatever he wants on my computer from his copmuter i have to disable this sharing plus - where can i learn about computer technology and all this interesting stuff So i will be able to do things myself nbsp

A:File sharing over Linksys router. How to disable?

lol

stop surfing the porn sites and you have nothing to worry about, your dad seems to know heaps more about pc's etc and anything you do he will undo.

as for where to learn,,,well in the words of the Beatles, here there and everywhere....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sharing-over-linksys-router-how-to-disable.150939/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

I've Windows Vista OS on laptop, i noticed that when i lock my system and log-in back my wireless router takes some time to connect (around 5-10mins)

When i tried to see -- Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center

Its says "Unidentified network"

Please let me know if you guys needs any additional information!

Please help me to resolve this issue - Thanks in advance

- Venkatesh

A:Linksys router takes time to reconnect after re-login into system

Make Sure VISTA is properly setup for it.

IF it stays on when it comes on, you are probably OK, and it may be the internet provider that is dicking with you. I would talk to them first.

For the most part, you need someone who is tech savvy.. we cannot help much here without testing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-takes-time-to-reconnect-after-re-login-into-system.150940/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've been having issues with my 128 GB Kingston USB drive. I can put information in it, but after 10-20 minutes, the information becomes unreadable. The same happens when I unplug the drive.

I've already reformatted it several times, and that didn't help the issue. It's a FAT32 drive, and cannot be reformatted to NTFS by either Windows or programs used to reformat drives. I've also tried using chkdsk and the error function in the Tools window, and neither of those work.

Can anyone help me stop it from corrupting my stuff? It's getting tiresome, and I don't want to have wasted money on it.

A:Kingston USB drive constantly corrupts info

Common with Kingston USB flash drives.
You might try one more format with FAT32... add some stuff, reformat. Add some stuff, reformat.
They can NEVER be formateed with NTFS
and if still bad, toss it out and get an ATV, Patriot, or Voyager, or other highly rated brand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kingston-usb-drive-constantly-corrupts-info.150778/
Relevancy 29.24%

I just wanted to get instructions on securing a Linksys BEFW11S4 version N. Can someone post the instructions for me thanks.

A:Linksys befw11s4-vn

you must make changes using a wired connection!1) disable ping from the wan side

2) disable remote management on port 8080

3) change the router password (and document it!) save the settings (which will restart it)

4) you apparently have wifi conectivity for the systems, so you need only to
enable encryption and set the passphrase {use WPA2, or WPA, and avoid WEP if possible)

save the settings and disconnect the wired system

each system will need to connect the first time and you will need the passphrase to do so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-befw11s4-vn.149001/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey - not computer connect will One WRT110 Linksys everyone was reading around here on my girls laptop to solve a problem and I figured I would give it a go So it figures that I just get done building a Linksys WRT110 - One computer will not connect new computer move into a new house finally replace the old modem we had and the new computer refuses to fully connect Everyone Linksys WRT110 - One computer will not connect else which counts my girlfriends laptop my Fathers two Windows laptops and the Mac my dad has connect without any trouble We ve had the router since it came out Linksys by Cisco WRT and have never really had problems till we moved and got a brand new modem Now I know it does sound like it s got to be the modem and that s the the Windows Troubleshoot Connections tells me but I can connect at each of my friends houses without a problem I just got a new wireless card since the old one had terrible connectivity what can you ask for as it was free and didn t even work in my friends computer XD but they both did the same thing when I check the connection I m Connected with no Internet Access and No Network Access Everyone else also connects wirelessly in case it may matter I can just for a heads up get online when wired to the router Running with Windows Professional - Bit fully updated TRENDnet Wireless N PC Card - TEW- PI All default internet settings and only using Microsoft Security Essentials for Antivirus along with Spybot Search amp Destroy Anything else that may help solve this problem just let me know I just supplied everything I thought would help Thanks ahead of time So new thing moved my computer downstairs practically on top of the router and it connected perfectly Could the wireless signals be getting wrecked going through the floor ceiling Just a heads up earlier I was upstairs with my girls laptop which has a very crappy wireless card and gets a rather low signal yet she doesn t ever get these problems nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-wrt110-one-computer-will-not-connect.148435/
Relevancy 28.81%

Here s exactly what happened I ve been trying to get my router to support an airport wireless adapter and an Xbox I have computers that currently connect to the airport adapter just fine but only when I directly connect that adapter to the modem Earlier today I was toying around with the router I manually reset it once because I forgot the password and username Router Need wired Linksys a with help After that I went to the router home page and attempted a firmware update I uploaded the file that I got from the Need help with a wired Linksys Router Linksys website yes I m positive it was for the right router and eventually it said settings are successfully updated or w e I had the option to click a continue tab so I did it but that s when everything turned to hell I haven t been able to get Need help with a wired Linksys Router the router to work since Whenever I reset everything and reconnect it all I just tries to acquire the network address and eventually says limited or no connectivity I followed the instructions for the firmware update to the T When I try to Need help with a wired Linksys Router run the set up disc provided by Linksys it says it can t detect the router and won t go past step The weird thing about it is that after the firmware update my connection was screwed but then I disabled the wired LAN connection in the device manager ran a windows network setup and my connection was miraculously restored for about - minutes I had enough time to look at the router home page again and the version next to the firmware wasn t the one that I downloaded so I m assuming that the updated was unsuccessful I have tried to manually reset the router or times now and nothing is working The router is a BEFSR version wired Anyone have any thoughts or info on how to fix this I d greatly appreciate it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-a-wired-linksys-router.148221/
Relevancy 27.95%

HyperWRT was suggested to me and I was looking to see if anyone has used it and had any comments, suggestions or links for more information. We use router in condo complex and we thought this might boost the range. We get low signal that works for everything else, web uploading, skype, etc. , but is apparently too low to use magicjack. We get disconnected or knocked off after a few minutes talking on magicjack. I am thinking that the low signal is the problem and maybe this would help.
I have already updated the firmware and backed up settings on the Linksys. It seems a little risky although I do have another back up Linksys router.

Nothing urgent, but would appreciate anyone's ideas. thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-urgent-looking-for-info-and-comments-on-hyperwrt-for-linksys-routers.147699/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all I apologize if this has been brought up before but I am needing some help I just bought by for Linksys 7 Windows 64-bit adapter husband a PC with Windows -bit I bought a Linksys adapter to get him fixed up on-line as we have Linksys adapter for Windows 7 64-bit been running all of our computers on it for several years I bought the Linksys adapter for Windows 7 64-bit WUSB GC after being told that it would work and that all I needed to do was update the driver Well I did that and it appears through device manager that it recognizes it but when I try to get any kind Linksys adapter for Windows 7 64-bit of internet connection it says an unexpected error has occurred and won t let me move any further According to the manage networks program on the computer the device is disabled but when I click to enable it nothing happens I hope I have given enough info to get some help here talking with Linksys didn t seem to bring me much hope Thank you all nbsp

A:Linksys adapter for Windows 7 64-bit

I have never used the Linksys brand but I have used a couple of other brands of similar type USB wireless adapters. I've used one in a Windows 7 64 bit PC and a Windows XP Home 32 bit PC. In each case you are instructed to first install the driver and then plug in the USB adapter afterward. Did you follow this order? If not, uninstall the driver in Programs and Features and start over.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-adapter-for-windows-7-64-bit.146916/
Relevancy 28.81%

Ok so i just bought this linksys USB adapter from this lady for like 10 bucks. Its 802.11b instant wireless series. Now im hoping i didnt buy the wrong thing when all i wanted was a wireless card. When i go to connect to any network it just wont connect it will say aquiring network address then say not connect, any clues?? its WUSB11

A:Linksys wireless USB adapter problems

Hellfang said:

Ok so i just bought this linksys USB adapter from this lady for like 10 bucks. Its 802.11b instant wireless series. Now im hoping i didnt buy the wrong thing when all i wanted was a wireless card. When i go to connect to any network it just wont connect it will say aquiring network address then say not connect, any clues?? its WUSB11Click to expand...

The wireless adaptor is B-mode (802.11b).
Unless it has other capabilities, it will only connect to a WiFi router which supports and is configured to support B-Mode. Many routers will support multiple modes;

What brand and model router are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-wireless-usb-adapter-problems.147246/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a linksys befsr router and internet service provided by comcast Everything was working fine then I started having intermittent connection issues Now I can not connect to the internet via the router If I connect any of my pc s directly to the cable modem all is good All of the led s on the router light up like they are supposed to and the pc s show connected to the router LinkSys BEFSR41 but no internet I have reset the cable modem and the router no go I cleared everything out and started over going step by LinkSys BEFSR41 step to set up the router still nogo Does anyone have any suggestions I tried contacting linksys cisco and they said that my support time is over so they can t help me I tried their so called free live chat and low and behold no one was there to respond from their end Please help I am ready to build a bonfire using the router cable modem and all the pc s in my house and go back to pen and paper and physical shopping nbsp

A:LinkSys BEFSR41

If it is still under warranty, I would initiate the RMA process.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-befsr41.147028/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi The place that me and my wife rent comes with a free wifi connection from my landlord They own a Netgear wndr router that is connected to the internet The router is next door and does not reach to the other side of the house where my office is I have a Linksys Router wrt g What I would like to do is be able to link the two routers together wireless as they will be in different buildings so that the computers in and a together? link a Netgear I Can Linksys router my office will connect Can I link a Netgear and a Linksys router together? to Can I link a Netgear and a Linksys router together? the internet Im not sure if that means that I will need to get a bridge to link the two together or not But I will also need to use port forwarding to open up ports that I will need for my small server Ive been searching the internet forums and just cant seem to find anyone in the same boat as me and would love to find out a way to make this all work out Thanks nbsp

A:Can I link a Netgear and a Linksys router together?

What does your landlord said about doing that? You should have him cough-up the the extra Repeater (100% wireless device) no need to use a router in this situation) This way you and the wife and anyone else in that second of the building can access the internet if you're getting a weak spot in your apartment?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-link-a-netgear-and-a-linksys-router-together.146190/
Relevancy 33.54%

im working with a dell inspiron laptop computer, just recently my wifi was working great up until yesterday. all of the sudden i couldnt access the internet. i can get my wifi to connect to the network, it says i am sucessfully connected to the network but i cannot access the internet. i reset my wireless router three times (for my built in wireless card) , i did a diagnostic and repair and still it still only connects to the network, but not internet, i also did a system restore to see if that may fix the problem but it didn't. My last option would be to reboot my computer but i would like to fix it without having to reboot, also if i did reboot would i have to reconfigure my wireless card? if anyone has any suggestions or answers it would be helpful thanks.

A:Wireless connects to network but not the internet

The first thing I would try is to connect an ethernet cable from the laptop directly to your modem to be certain that you have working internet service--unless you have another computer connected to the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connects-to-network-but-not-the-internet.145844/
Relevancy 28.81%

Ever since i had to wipe my PC due to a massive virus, my internet has not been the same. My Linksys Router WRT54G2 V1 randomly loses its wireless connection and even the hardwired connection to my Xbox. But, the main line in port one, which is directly connected to my PC does not seem to be effected. I have reinstalled the LELA (Linksys Easy Link Advisor) updated the modem, and I just pressed the reset button a couple times on the back of the router, didn't seem to fix anything.

Heres the thing, when i unplug the router and the modem and restart them, everything works fine for a little while, then something about my IP gets messed up. Before I wiped my PC everything was fine, does anyone have any ideas of what this could be? Help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Linksys Router WRT54G2 V1

Are you running torrents? You may have had things optimized previously on how your PC handled lots of connections, which eased the load on the router.

If everything is exactly the same as before on your PC, it may just be a coincidence. Have you tried updating the firmware on the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-wrt54g2-v1.144018/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, I am a AT&T customer with a 2Wire513 modem/router which is wired to one desktop PC and wireless to two laptops.

I have an old Linksys WRT160N router that I purchased right before AT&T sent me the 2Wire Gateway. My laptops are too far away from the gateway to get a good, steady Internet connection.
Is there a way to use my Linksys router between my two laptops and my gateway to provide the laptops with Internet, without the router having to be plugged into a phone jack?

I think what I need to do is install DD-WRT on my Linksys router first, but I'm unsure of where to go next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-using-a-2wire513-gateway-and-a-linksys-router-for-greater-signal-distance.142934/
Relevancy 27.95%

I currently have a Wire DSL modem model HG-B with built-in wireless and ATT is the ISP I had a Motorola modem DSL please help constantly reboots, modem before this one for months that would lock up and need a reset to re-establish connect several times a day I complained to ATT and they sent a tech who replaced the modem with the -Wire I have had the Wire for about months now and the entire time it appears to be rebooting itself several times a day which interrupts my work and is very frustrating The symptom is the DSL led light is solid green and the Internet led is solid red It will stay like this for sec or so then appears to go through a reboot process Then the connection comes back There is no other router on the network just a desktop with XP and a laptop with XP I sometimes sign on to a VPN from the laptop for work I have tried shutting one pc off at a time but that doesn t seem to be a factor Can anyone provide some suggestions on how to troubleshoot this I can provide info from the modem diagnostics page if that would help nbsp

A:DSL modem constantly reboots, please help

I never had any problems with my modems, Try reseting your modem to factory stage. on back of your modem you will see a small little hole press it with something small and hold it til your lights flash krazy. If that works then good. log into your modem from web browser if you dont know your modem IP go to start> run> type in CMD> type in ip config >enter and you'll see your ip from gateway type it in your web broswer for me would be 192.168.1.1 then just basically mess with sittings there or look around. best of luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-modem-constantly-reboots-please-help.142867/
Relevancy 28.81%

my Linksys router suddenly stoped working yesterday, normally it has four lights lit on, but now the "WLAN" light is off for no reason, and the oragne light is off also.. does that mean the router is dead, and I have to buy a new one?

btw, I tried resetting it, but didn't solved the problem

thx in advance

A:Linksys router stopped working, please help

Time to trade it in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-stopped-working-please-help.141170/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello.
I have a linksys wireless adapter for dell laptop that was given to me by a friend. i think it is older. im not very computer savvy but want to get this to work. I am able to connect to the router but will not get an internet connection. my technical skills are very limited and could use some help.

A:Linksys connction problem

Hi

when you connect to a wireless source there are 2 things that are needed.

1) the correct SSID (this is the name of the router wireless network)
2) the correct security information, this is called a WEP or WPA key, and is found in the router setup and will have been set by the owner of the router.

The SSID is usually broadcast by the router and it is what you see when you view available networks.

The WPA/WEP key must be inputted into the box that comes up when you click on the connect button in the view wireless networks screen, it must be case correct, that is "A" is not the same as "a" etc.

It is also possible that the router is an ADSL type and that the internet connection is not active, this is true in the case of AOL routers where the connection is initiated by the software on the PC when the owner signs into the system.

Other ADSL routers such as Sky are constantly on, but you dont say which or what router or ISP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-connction-problem.141316/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,
I own a business that offers free Wi-Fi to customers. Originally I had the blue linksys wireless G router hooked up to the booster on the roof. At another location, I just got a Netgear wireless N router, and that worked way better than the linksys. So I got another Netgear router, and installed it in the first location- but I'd like to hook it up to the booster. The guy at Fry's said that the Netgear router will not hookup to the booster- I'd have to hook the Netgear to the linksys, disable something on the linksys, and then the linksys to the booster.
So, my question is, how do I do that?

Thank you very much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-hook-netgear-router-to-linksys-router-to-booster-on-the-roof.141318/
Relevancy 27.95%

Previously I had DSL modem connected to WRT GR and desktop hard wired to it Also have a Dell laptop with wireless card connecting to router wirelessly Desktop has no wireless card Computer room is on nd floor ISP provider has upgraded the modem to wire wireless router modem We did tests within the house and I have Mb availability where line enters the house basement but only Mb because of older wiring in the house It was suggested that for max speed I could put the wire in basement and connect to it wirelessly Not a problem for the Dell My question Is there a way to have the WRT GR on nd floor and connect my Desktop to it hardwired and communicate with the wire wireless modem router Can this set up be used instead of putting a wireless card in my desktop I have the WRT GR which has been relegated to storage because of the wire upgrade Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2wire-wireless-router-modem-and-linksys-wrt54gr.141172/
Relevancy 28.38%

Everything working fine on Linksys home router connected to cable modem WRT150N until we suddenly lost the internet connection. After resetting router, resetting modem and restarting computer, everything's back up and running, all puters connect to network and internet, but now wireless laptop identifies the router as generic Lynksys unsecured network.

When I run Linksys Setup it says it can't connect to internet even as the internet is running on the next screen. It won't let me change network name or password.

In short, network and internet connection working fine, but can't edit the Linksys to re-secure the network. Could someone have remotely screwed with my router? Can you think of any way to regain control of router? Re-install linksys software?

A:Linksys router suddenly went generic and unsecured

I've pasted these instructions from my prior sticky post on DSL reports forum I hope it helps you.

[Info] Flush out the NVRAM Before you Re-Flash Your Router Update

WARNING*** DO NOT FLASH OVER WIRELESS OR IN A LIGHTING STORM
YOU DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE POWER DURING THE NEXT STEPS
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME DOING THE BELOW STEPS
NO RUSH OKAY!
GOOD LUCK!

Step A_
First backup your config file
Take the router off your network
Just keep the power plug in it..
Now you'll need pin or paper clip for the reset button
This reset button need to be press in for 90 secs
During each 30 secs you'll be doing:

Step B_
press reset for 30 sec on the first try
press reset for 30 sec and unplug the power cord at the same time
press reset for 30 sec and plug-in the power cord at the same time
now unplug the unit wait 30 seconds
now plug in the power

Step C_
connect 1 LAN port cable back to the router
login as the admin
now re-flash
wait until the screen is completed

Step D_
Now repeat these steps..
press reset for 30 sec on the final try
reset 30 and unplug the power cord at the same time
press reset for 30 sec and plug-in the power cord at the same time
now plug in the power

Step E_
connect all LAN/WAN cables back to the router
login as the admin
either you recover from a backup or just start fresh.

The above should not be done while connected to your cable modem. Best to turn that off also. Once you hit Step E test the router on your LAN first before you connect the modem for testing on the WAN. You need to make sure you LAN browsing is fixed and the router is providing DHCP to all your wired network and wireless network devices. Once you do that then connect the modem and see if you can now browse on the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-suddenly-went-generic-and-unsecured.139822/
Relevancy 30.96%

In October 2009 received Netgear wireless router as part of Sky broadband package. PC is 2004 Packard Bell Desktop, spec P4, 512MB ram, Geforce 2.
Using a Belkin USB G-Mimo Wireless adaptor, 3003, and Belkins wireless utility software, pc does connect to net fine. During a download of say more than 5MB, it will slow from 200kb/s down to 50kb/s then disconnect from net. If I do nothing, but wait, it will re-connect again in about one minute. I have freshly installed the windows xp home onto a formatted C: drive, all updates are done, no other unusual hardware is used. Windows is activated, there are no other problems.
Anyone had this happen to them, or might know what might be wrong ?

A:Belkin wireless adapter and Sky router slows and disconnects

Hi

In my humble opinion some of the USB sticks are flaky as hell,

can you try another way of connecting it wirelessly, such as a borrowed PCI card.

or can you plug the PC in with a cable and see if it still does it.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-wireless-adapter-and-sky-router-slows-and-disconnects.139624/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello everyone! I have a linksys sr2024c 24 port switch that doesn't seem to be working.Windows says that I'm connected but I can't get on the internet.I tried plugging in to all 24 ports and all have the same results.I tried restarting but no luck.I was gonna reset it but it does not have a reset button.Can somebody please help! Thanks

A:Linksys switch not working

How is the switch connected to the Internet? Cable or DSL modem and router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-switch-not-working.136924/
Relevancy 28.81%

Ok I have a new situation I need some help with First let me give you the layout For at least years now I have been using my single desk for my repair work My internet access is my cable modem to a wireless G linksys router That s it and has been for quite a while now I have been picking up major business with the repair and the single desk isnt cutting it anymore in terms of room for all the towers I get in So I got a workbench built but on the other side of my apartment behind my dining area It s a small apartment A problem that presents itself came to light when suddenly I did not have internet which is much needed for repair I have a port linksys switch for the setup but I really do not want to run a foot cable from my bedroom to the dining area I obtained a linksys Access point from a friend for bucks wirelessG The idea is to get the wireless router to talk to the access point thus eliminating the need for the cable I followed the configuration instructions from a site for the access point but am unsure if I need to set it as a regular access point or set it as a wireless repeater Again the setup will be modem to wireless router in the bedroom Then Point Access Linksys info Access point on the other side of the apartment connected to the port switch creating available internet connections for up to towers at a time Linksys Access Point info on my bench nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-access-point-info.136351/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi, I was just changing my ip address manually via the default gateway, and it said setting successful and everything, but now the linksys router keeps resetting itself even when its fully turned on everything, anyway to fix this? I have a linksys wrt110. Any help is appreciated.

A:My linksys router is not working, Need Help

Remove all software and reinstall the LinkSys... being sure you have the correct firmware.
It is easier to start over than it is to find the errors, problems, and defects.
Be sure you are rested and relaxed, and that you have read thoroughly everything you need to know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-linksys-router-is-not-working-need-help.135783/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to do some customer service via long distance. Have some friends I set up a Linksys WRT160N wireless router for about two weeks ago. Just a desktop hardwired into the router and one wireless laptop using a secure connection. No big deal (or so it seems...)

These friends live about 3 hours away and they just realized that whenever the desktop logs on to the Internet, it bumps off the laptop. I've had them check the naming configurations for the laptop and the PC, but those seem to be fine.

I haven't worked with Linksys routers before so wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows of a quick fix, or what to specifically look for before I remote in and start doing some tinkering.

Thanks in advance!

A:Linksys Wireless Network "Bumping" Issue

make sure all users have DHCP configs and no one has a STATIC ip address.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-wireless-network-bumping-issue.135117/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi guys I am having trouble with my laptop which connects fine while it is using a wireless connection but when I use an Ethernet cable it shows quot limited connectivity quot So I figured it might be a bad network adapter and purchased an USB Ethernet cable and the same problem occurs The curious thing about this is my sister s laptop has the same predicament She noted it started around the beginning of fails using Connects connection ethernet while wireless but May I am thinking it might be some windows update or something else I have tried resetting modem router these are both connected to a desktop which is Connects while using wireless but ethernet connection fails functioning at norm uninstalling drivers trying new cables but all to no avail Please help We are both using Vista OS with all the latest updates installed ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Sora gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sora-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address -E -B -C -A -FB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e a e a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-D - C-B - -E -B -C -A -FB DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff lt lt ---Is this normal NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address -C -A -DE- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc a e caa bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday September PM Lease Expires Saturday September PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-D - C-B - -E -B -C -A -FB DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B CAF - - C - FB - D D B BF br EA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please look at the attached images if they are of any help to the concerning problem I tried manually updating the Local Area Connection s addresses but they were of no help nbsp

A:Connects while using wireless but ethernet connection fails

Your on Vista

On Vista; disable IPv6; No one needs it!
There are fine grained controls if you want, but to disable IPv6 without yanking out support overall, globally, you can set:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters]
"DisabledComponents"=dword:000000ff

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8038 PCI-E Fast Ethernet
Controller

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3450:b6e5:a5e7:654a%19(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.101.74(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 318824632
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-0D-D1-1C-B9-00-E0-B8-C5-A1-FB

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1 <<---s this normal? [typical but useless]
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : EnabledClick to expand...

The Gateway is empty and the IPv6 Client is useless.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connects-while-using-wireless-but-ethernet-connection-fails.134170/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi guys I just bought a new wireless-n usb adapter for my desktop. I am very close to the router, about 10 to 15 feet away. However when I check my signal strength I only get 1 bar and there's a laptop in the room right next to me that gets all 5 bars. Any ideas on how I can boost my signal strength or anything I can change to get all 5 bars?

A:Low signal with linksys wireless-n

USB adapters generally don't gain the same signal strength as the integrated network adapters found in laptops. Try relocating the adapter, use a USB extension if need be. You're most likely getting interference from somewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-signal-with-linksys-wireless-n.133656/
Relevancy 28.81%

I ve read a lot of articles on this all over the net Some recommend using a third-party firmware in my router which I m unwilling to do Others go over steps of linking the two routers by means of an ethernet cable which I as network WRT54G a Linksys repeater? a Using m unable to do I recently moved from Washington state to Texas and the Using a Linksys WRT54G as a network repeater? place I m living has no internet My neighbor however has a wireless network set up in his house and he lets us use it It is secured but we have the password for it unfortunately there is only one place in the house close enough to his house to actually connect to this network and my computer isn t in that place I d like to use my Linksys WRT G router which I used in Washington to repeat that signal I have a very long ethernet cable so that s no an issue I can wirelessly connect to the signal and wire it into my computer I know there will probably be a speed loss involved but right now I d just like to have internet Does anyone know any way I can connect to a secured wireless network using a router then wire it into my computer Like I said I have the SSID and password for the wireless network so that s not an issue I just don t know how I d go about connecting to it Thanks in advance for any help I don t know when I ll be able to get back on to check this but hopefully I get some help soon I hate not having reliable internet nbsp

A:Using a Linksys WRT54G as a network repeater?

What you are suggesting will work OK. But once your neighbor discovers his connection speed is reduced by allowing you to connect, you may not have the same friendly neighbor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-a-linksys-wrt54g-as-a-network-repeater.132630/