Windows Support Forum

Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

Q: Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

As the topic title says, my Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN (On this machine) Constantly connects and disconnects about every 5-10 seconds. My other machines on my network are fine.

I've tried moving the card into different PCI slots;
Changing the RJ45;
Installing drivers on the CD provided;
Installing drivers from the internet;
Uninstalling the card completely and installing as above;

Any ideas?
Any other specs you may require, just ask and i'll post them.

Windows XP (No service Packs as i just formatted. It had the same problems with SP1 and SP2 installed too)

Many thanks.

Ben

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Linksys 10/100 LNE100TX LAN Connects-Disconnects constantly

Where are you connecting to? A router? A switch? A bridge? A hub? Another computer?
What does your network look like in general?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-10-100-lne100tx-lan-connects-disconnects-constantly.22663/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi,

I have a network with up to a dozen computers at any one time.
All have static ips
Most are wired.

The prob is between 2 wireless computers.
If I run both comps with windows xp, all is fine.
But 1 of the pcs is often booted from a live (Puppy) Linux cd.
When I boot using Linux, both of these pcs start dis/reconnecting to the network, every few minutes.
The nics both have different macs, & they are both assigned their own static ips correctly.
Another wireless pc on the network is not affected.

Any ideas why the disconnects & how to solve this prob?

PS. I am using a Netgear 824 router.

Thanks for any replies

Rob

Relevancy 83.85%

I uninstalled my SonicWall VPN Client 8.0 yesterday as it was not working properly and I wanted to reinstall it. However, after a reboot any settings for the Linksys LNE100TX had disappeared. No problem I thought...just reinstall the relavant drivers.

But here it comes: Even when directing XP to oemsetup.inf (latest driver 5.12 downloaded from Linksys) I cannot get the driver installed. WinXP gives me the following error message "The specified location does not contain information about your hardwar.
Apparently XP SP2 has an build-in LNE100TX NIC driver, but XP clearly does not recognised the hardware.

HELP PLEASE???

Relevancy 66.65%

I have a lenovo laptop.Everything was going on till last week.Now when I connect to internet it does not connect at all.It is beacause the LAN connects and disconnects in every one minut. I don't know the reason of this problem.The cable was the same which I were using for a month after buying a new modem (CiscO Linksys WAG120N wireless-N home ADSL2+modem router).I am using only wired connection.The OS used is Windows Xp SP2.Since the LAn connects and disconnects I am not able to enter the set up page of modem.Please give a solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-connects-disconnects.1121406/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi. I have a problem with my internet connection. On my local area connection it shows cable unpluged and then enabled every second. I tried multiple cables and the problem still persists. Before i had this problem my pc wouldn't boot so i removed the round battery on the mobo for a few minutes to reset the bios. I don.t think that has to do anything with the intenet problem though. Please help

A:cable connects and disconnects

Welcome to Seven Forums,

From your computer's Device Manager, fiddle with the 'Link Speed & Duplex' setting (by default it's on Auto Negotiation) of your Ethernet adapter. Feel free to change and test it out after. See image attached.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310004-cable-connects-disconnects.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My dear friends

I am using a Windows XP Pro system. I use to connect to the internet with dial-up connection. Recently, my connection started showing a strange behaviour. I can connect to the internet, but after a few seconds of establishing the connection the system automatically disconnects from the internet and prompts to redial. When I redial it connects again but disconnects too. The same thing repeats whenever I try to connect to the internet. I checked the settings, but everything was right (I didn't change them either).

What could be the reason for this problem? Could anyone help me solve it, please?

Regards.

Vinod

A:Connects to Internet,disconnects soon after

Mostly this kind of problem is caused by bad connection, usually every ISP has more than 1 phone number for their customers to connect to the internet, maybe the phone number you were using was busy, try to connect again using the other numbers. If you don't know the other numbers, call your ISP and ask for another number you can use to connect to the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connects-to-internet-disconnects-soon-after.39311/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Samsung TSSTcorp SE-S084C DVD Writer for a couple of years. My laptop always connect and disconnect the DVD writer. When i plug in with no DVD, the drive is OK, no disconnection. But when i put DVD, the problem arise. Sometime the drive can recognise the DVD, but when i click on it in My Computer, it disconnect again. What is really the problem.. I think the problem is from my laptop because my family's laptops all work well with this drive. One thing i realised, my laptop does not install ALL driver of the drive. I already compared my list of drivers with my mother's laptop driver list.

What is the problem actually..help me please..

Thanks.

A:External DVD Writer connects and disconnects

It could be a USB problem - specifically not enough power available at the USB port. You can fix that by buying a Mains-powered USB Hub like this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-Mains-...VO66/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1330436706&sr=8-3

It has to be a mains powered hub. Buying a plain USB hub without a mains-adapter will not fix your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-dvd-writer-connects-and-disconnects.1043025/
Relevancy 64.93%

This problem has been troubleshooted by Netgear Acer and myself and is still a mystery Problem Internet connection works fine while physically connected to the Ethernet line Once disconnected wireless network works and disconnects after is moved a few feets away from router Signal strength is and unable to connect to internet If brought into original range is unable to connect to and Disconnects Average For - Not Connects User The the internet Troubleshooting The router has been replaced with a brand new Netgear WRN U Router firmware has been updated and all other wireless devices connected to this network work The wireless card has been updated with the latest drivers and physical connection works Netgear troubleshooted the router connection type has been troubleshooted from WEP to WPA an channels switched and antivirus and firewalls turned off The router is not the problem The wireless card is not the problem Acer troubleshooted the computer and suggest an operating Connects and Disconnects - Not For The Average User system re installation Specification Operating System System Model Windows Vista Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Acer Aspire T V Enclosure Type Notebook Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board Acer Aspire T Connects and Disconnects - Not For The Average User PSMBOU- Connects and Disconnects - Not For The Average User BIOS Acer V Communications Anchorfree HSS Adapter Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Intel R WiFi Link AGN Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Megabytes Usable Installed Memory nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,
In the last 4-8 weeks i have noticed a trend that when any laptop detects a Network connection or disconnection it automatically launches the MSN home page on the browser
We have out local intranet set to home page. and MSN is popping up instead intermittently
Ive noticed this since we last updated our end users via WSUS.
We are all mostly running windows 8.1 x64.
To no success we have attempted this below:
Modify this registry key to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet\EnableActiveProbing
But it still reoccurs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dfa44378-861d-4306-b8a7-648d46ccd3c9/msn-pop-up-when-network-connection-connectsdisconnects?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.93%

E17 wireless connects then disconnects a few minutes later. It will not automacially.  I have to connect manually. Windows juat had an update and so did Norton.  I'm not sure if they caused this issues wasnt a problem a day or 2 before. Thanks, Laura

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E17-wireless-connects-then-disconnects-a-few-minutes-later/td-p/463138
Relevancy 64.93%

My hp laptop that is a couple years old has recently connected to the wifi right when I log in w no problems but after about 10mins it slows down and disconnects and eventually I need to restart and usually the same thing will happen again. When it disconnects the wifi disappears completely and no connections are available.Any idea?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connects-then-shortly-after-disconnects-then-all-all/td-p/5782254
Relevancy 64.93%

E17 wireless connects then disconnects a few minutes later. It will not automacially.  I have to connect manually. Windows juat had an update and so did Norton.  I'm not sure if they caused this issues wasnt a problem a day or 2 before. Thanks, Laura

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E17-wireless-connects-then-disconnects-a-few-minutes-later/td-p/463137
Relevancy 64.93%

Symptom: Ballon from System Tray ping-pongs saying
Cable connected -- cable disconnected -- cable connected​when it remains attached all the while and other systems have no issues.

Nic Card: Broadcom NetXtreme gigabit in default settings.

Lan contains 10/100 mb interface
(D-Link DSS-5+ - 5 port 10/100 desktop switch )

Solution:
use the Broadcom control panel to set the interface back to
10mb/half duplex, no QoS, no power settings.

I tried the 10/full duplex and the 100/half duplex as well,
but only the 10/mb half duplex would retain a reliable connection.

Apparently the Broadcom is drowing the switch to which it is connected.
As the entire LAN is 10/100 anyway, this is an acceptable solution.

The router is too far away to attempt a direct connection, so a switch/hub is necessary for the physical wiring.
Someday we might try another box, vender, or upgrading the whole lan to gigabit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-connects-disconnects-reconnects.107082/
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop (acer aspire 5741 series) connects to wireless router when I turn the computer on and then just turns off sayin I have no network access. My mobile is connected fine to the router as I am writing this making me think the problem is with the computer. I asked a guy I know thats into computers that said its a software problem and he was guna charge me £15 to fix it. Should I pay him or can I do it myself?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connects-then-disconnects-itself-from-modem.1063431/
Relevancy 64.93%

This is a Ethernet: Seconds 2 Every Connects/Disconnects new self-build with the following parts Windows Pro AMD CPU Mobotherboard Gigabyte A-UD P Network adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller built-in on mobo Driver latest update I am having problems connecting to the internet through a wired connection It keeps connecting and disconnecting every second It shows up as identifying disappears and then shows up identifying a second later only to keep repeating the cycle I just built this computer and the wired connection not worked since Day Troubleshooting attempted - Reinstalled Windows - Tested ethernet cable on my old computer with Windows that was installed from the same disk - Deleted network driver from Device Manager that is installed with and downloaded the one from the mobo manufacturer - Changed Speed and Duplex settings tried all options from - mbps and half full duplex - Unchecked the allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option Doing a quick google search I can see that other people have had this problem before too I doubt it is a problem with the mobo but I m completely stumped right now A wireless USB adapter works but it has dropped connections and is much slower so I'd much rather use the wired connection If Ethernet: Connects/Disconnects Every 2 Seconds anyone can help that would be great

A:Ethernet: Connects/Disconnects Every 2 Seconds

Go to device manager, click on your Ethernet Adapter check to see if an update is available for it (Right click > Update Driver Software). If this doesn't work try to disable it and then enable it. Report your findings.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537549/ethernet-connectsdisconnects-every-2-seconds/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

This problem sort of started out of no where with my computer where it will connect to my network for a second or two then immediately disconnect. Other computer and devices connect without a problem. I have also experienced this with every network I have tried to connect to; it does the same thing.

I figure it is therefore a problem with my laptop itself, but trouble shooting has yielded nothing and most of the fixes I have found require connecting to the network, but obviously I cannot do that.

I can connect with an Ethernet cable just fine. My guess would be that there is a setting that is incorrect within the wireless on my computer, but what that is I could not even venture to guess.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Computer connects to network, but immediatly disconnects

Please note that I have seen the sticky at the top of this thread and followed the 2 workarounds that were talked about in the link. It did not work, I am at the same spot I was before.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-connects-to-network-but-immediatly-disconnects.1065872/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys been experiencing an issue where my acer laptop disconnects from the router, a AZTECH wireless extender, when another device connects to the same extender.

otherwise the main modem is CISCO.

my laptop runs on windows 7 professional x64

i also attached a screenshot of the xirrus program

disconnection mainly happens when im playing online games which sucks so i hope someone knows whats up and can help!

A:Wifi disconnects when another device connects to the router

Does router DHCP has enough IPs to assign?

Try another channel in wireless options in router interface.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376726-wifi-disconnects-when-another-device-connects-router.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok, this has become the most frustrating thing when trying to do work on the computer. I just don't understand why it is so difficult to stay connected to the internet with the most advanced router & high speed cable internet I could afford.

I have a Netgear N600 Dual band router WNDR3400 and I believe a WNR2000 wireless adapter.

Apparently this router is a dual band, I set up 2 different networks when doing the initial install, but yet my computer only sees the 2nd network?!

What other info do you guys need to help me figure out why it keeps dropping the connection?

Thank you.

A:My internet disconnects every 5 minutes and never auto-connects?

Change the channel of your router to 1 or 11, if it is located on an outside wall, move the router as far away from the wall as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200943-my-internet-disconnects-every-5-minutes-never-auto-connects.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Help! I've tried EVERYTHING. I have an Acer Aspire laptop, which is connected to a D-Link DIR-628 router via a D-Link DWA-160 adapter. It worked wonderfully for about 6 months until Sunday, where it suddenly disconnected and wouldn't connect. Over the next few days I have been trying everything, and all I can get it to do is connect and then disconnect intermittantly. It constantly says its connected both Local and Internet, and yet the computer acts as though there is no connection. HELP!

A:Wireless Connects, Disconnects, Can't access internet

Well first...house or apartment? Check the cable going to your modem...make sure it isn't frayed or mangled in any way. Believe it or not I had a squirrel chew on my cable and it took the cable company 6 visits to find it.

Have you powered down the modem and router for 30 seconds and plugged them back in?

Next, is your router secured? Some people like to play with others routers when they are not secured and sometimes when they are.

If I were in your shoes...1) power down, power up (above) check the cable; if you find something call the cable company... 2) no problems in the cable and power down/up doesn't work...reset the router by inserting a pin into the area on the back of the router that is a very small hole with power on...hold down the pin for 15 sec or so. Once you've done that, follow the power down/up instructions. Don't forget to set up security once you've reset the router.

To do this...enter 192.168.0.1 into your browser...enter admin as user name and consult your manual or google for the default password (think it's admin but don't quote me)...then use the wizard to set up your router.

Good luck-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connects-disconnects-cant-access-internet.828765/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey everyone IM IN and disconnects trouble!!! 3sec!! Wireless in connects DESPRATE NEED FOR HELP Long story short somehow Wireless trouble!!! connects and disconnects in 3sec!! my wireless connection just will not hold Ive tried searching on google but its just too hard Sometimes it will pick up my wireless network at home and at Uni but both end in the same way connected for all of - seconds the BAM lost connection So if anyone could help I know my laptop is physically equipt its just the settings or something Its really driving me nuts so below is just the IPCONFIG ALL thingy that might give someone an idea ANY HELP would be GREATTTTLY appreciated Thanks in advance Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name MY NAME Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - E- -B -EB- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday May p m Lease Expires Wednesday May p m Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - - C- -AD-FF C Documents and Settings gt nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I've entered in the password on the hotels website, so I have access. It stays up for a couple of minutes, and then drops completely. There is more than one open, so it's not that it goes out of range. After a few minutes, my computer just stops searching.
The only way I can get it to work(for about 30 seconds) is when I disable the drivers.

A:At a hotel, wifi connects for a few minutes and then disconnects.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Usually at a Hotel there are several Wi-Fi Users, if the Hotel has several Access Points it will help a lot. The higher the bandwidth they have the better connection you'll have and favorable for the Hotel guests. Any particular time that you get disconnect more? How's your connection late at night?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/330462-hotel-wifi-connects-few-minutes-then-disconnects.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm having trouble connecting a laptop (Vista) to a wireless network. It's a Linksys modem with the D-Link AirPlus Extreme G Wireless Router.

The signal is strong; always Very Good or Excellent, but the moment it connects, it immediately disconnects a few seconds later and I am unable to use the Internet whatsoever. Nothing I've done so far has been able to resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Tp Link Wireless N Adapter which always disconnects and re-connects all the time to the internet.
I using a Tp Link Wireless router.

What could be causing this ?

How can I repair this connection so will connect more continously wihout being disconnected all the time ?

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Tp Link Wireless N Adapter which always disconnects and re-connects

Disconnection could be because of other wireless devices in your household or nearby using the same channel. go into the Router setup and change the channel to Channel 6

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-tp-link-wireless-n-adapter-which-always-disconnects-and-re-connects-578609.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I need reports for when users logon, logoff, connect and disconnect from my network. Running windows 2003 server ent ed. as a dc with all computers as members. I have already tried running logon and logoff scripts, however my workers don't usually logoff when finished but rather disconnect leaving their apps open for further work.

ANY HELP??? PLEASE! PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reports-for-logons-and-logoffs-connects-and-disconnects-needed.725814/
Relevancy 63.64%

INFO Windows XP SP Router Cisco Linksys EA Latest Firmware Network Adapter TP Link N Latest Firmware security mode on router WPA WPA w AES Encryption Security mode on NIC WPA AES Trying to connect to a desktop BACKGROUND [Wireless] packet Connects with stagnant Disconnects/ activity At times I will be able to see the my SSID at full strength on my Windows Network Connection Available Wireless Network but is unable to [Wireless] Disconnects/ Connects with stagnant packet activity connect or it takes forever to acquire network address occasionally amp at times I will be able to connect but packets received and sent become stagnant at say a miserable sent received However I can get lucky at times and connect to my connection for about - mins with good activity ie able to surf the net before getting disconnected to face situation amp again Sometimes to get a reconnection after situation I can get a brief connection by plugging my USB adapter out and plugging it in again But after a few minutes I get disconnected again I have tried connecting the same network adapter TP Link N onto a windows laptop at the same location as my PC is located and the connection is smooth for as long as I used it But when i connect the N back to my PC I face the above situations again This leads me to believe that the problem has got to do with the settings on my PC but I am left utterly clueless of any viable solutions after trying many that I have seen over different forums Such as changing channels on both router amp adapter to Channel INFO Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings AN LIANG gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name acer-b f ab Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address C- -A - E-A - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TP-LINK N Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter Physical Address -F - - - D- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday September PM Lease Expires Sunday September P M C Documents and Settings AN LIANG gt Solutions anyone Help will be much appreciated nbsp

A:[Wireless] Disconnects/ Connects with stagnant packet activity

Here is a screenshot from Xirrus, hope it helps in explaining situation!

BTW both Lambo Connection(2.4ghz) and JL(5ghz) are from my router.

My Internet packets received and sent actually became stagnant halfway tru, and I am unable to surf the net despite the graph showing a good signal history..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects-connects-with-stagnant-packet-activity.1068152/
Relevancy 63.64%

Guys Ive been having problems with my Internet connection for the past days the Internet is disconnects some sites and Internet and ( dont) work connects others on and off hence i have to use meebo for yahoo and aim I talked to my ISP provider Verizon Internet connects and disconnects ( some sites work and others dont) Online and they said its been years for me using the modem They re telling me to get a new modem Internet connects and disconnects ( some sites work and others dont) But I dont think thats the problem Some of the sites dont work for me Like weather com download com etc How can these be possible Some sites work and others dont My friend is having the same problem Even when I m using my laptop to connect wirelessly to the same network I experience the same problems BTW My modem and router is Westell Versalink w Its in one router and a modem On my desktop I run windows Xp while on laptop I use Vista My ISP provider is Verizon online BTW I tried to see if my ISP was right So I bought a new router and I used my friends modem but I still have the same problems They told me everything is fine at their end nbsp

A:Internet connects and disconnects ( some sites work and others dont)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connects-and-disconnects-some-sites-work-and-others-dont.825649/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a wireless internet with WEP security. I connect to the network (wirelessly), but it losses connection...sometimes 5 min, sometimes 15 minutes.
Now, I know it's not my laptop because I can connect to other wireless networks and stay connected. I've tried unplugging the router and modem, but still the same thing. I have full signal strength, so that is not it.
Does anyone have any ideas ?

A:home wireless internet is connects and disconnects continuosly...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-wireless-internet-is-connects-and-disconnects-continuosly.777756/
Relevancy 62.35%

hi, sorry if this is the wrong thread... for a long time now.. i havent been able to have ppl connect to my ftp site or send files thru dcc on mirc... and i THINK this all started after i got my linksys router....
is there a firewall in my router ??

thanks for any help

A:is my linksys router blocking ftp and dcc connects ?

Yes, your router has a firewall and it will block that traffic.

You will need to enable port forwarding (its under gaming and applications usually).

Forward port 21 to your FTP server. I'm not sure what the port for DCC is, but you will need to forward it also.

For port forwarding, you will need static IP addresses for you computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-linksys-router-blocking-ftp-and-dcc-connects.28224/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all,

I'm having intermittent problems with my router.
My set up is: 360 connected to router; vonage phone connected to router, access point connected to router through which I access internet via PC. The router is connected to cable modem.

For some reason, sometimes I will be able to connect to internet but not to Xbox Live, and sometimes I'll get Live but lose my internet. I've been running the same system for about a year with no problems up until the last 2 weeks. Whenever one of them goes down, I CANNOT access the router's set up page. (So, for example, I can access the internet, but not the router page)

When everything works, I can access the router set up page.

Can anyone give me some advice please?

Thnkas in advance

A:Linksys RT31P2 - phone & 360 connects but no internet

Hi

I've very recently been having similar problems where by my internet for some reason wont pick up - after a while itll bother to look for an IP address and sometimes fail. I've got a BThome Hub to where everything (including the wireless 360) connects to. I've not checked the XBox since this problem though - ill see if that is affected by my hardware change.

I've only got these problems since i added my old DVD-Rom drive. Have you added any new hardware or made any configuration changes recently prior to your problem - it may be a conflict somewhere...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-rt31p2-phone-360-connects-but-no-internet.84962/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have two desktops that are both running Windows XP Professional that were given to me for my children I have been trying to connect a Linksys Adapter to each desktop and both say quot you are connected to the access not Internet? point access to but Adapter connects Linksys point but the Internet cannot be found quot One adapter is a Linksys Model USB Gv and the other is a Linksys Model WUSB v My wireless router is a Netgear RangeMax N model WNR B If I plug directly into the router I can access the internet fine I have tried to release renew the Linksys Adapter connects to access point but not Internet? IP but am getting an error contacting DHCP I have verified that the TCP IP settings are set to automatically obtain IP DNS address I currently have laptops both dell and desktop hp that are using the router and have no problems I have also googled to see if there is a limit to the number of systems that can be connected and haven t found anything that states this is the issue Desperately need help as I have two little ones who are really anxious to get online Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Linksys Adapter connects to access point but not Internet?

your router mfg is unstated, but you have Linksys and Netgear adapter; this is a multi-vendor setup.

typically you need to force the router into G-ONLY mode and you should update the router firmware and the adapter drivers -- have yet to see one work out of the box w/o and update.

to begin with, set encryption OFF and make the connections; later come back and set WPA or WPA2 and reconnect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-adapter-connects-to-access-point-but-not-internet.131767/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have been having a problem with my DSL constantly disconnecting I like to play an online game called Rumble Fighter That s pretty much the help. DSL constantly disconnects, only game I play online It used to stay connected pretty good maybe DC DSL constantly disconnects, help. ing once in a while but lately it disconnects about every - mins I can t stay connected and it s getting anonying Here is some info about my setup DSL thru Verizon Modem Westell model W Vonage as phone company PC specs Windows Vista HP F AMD Phenom Quad Core GHz GB of DDR RAM GB HD We have also had problem with Vonage dropping calls I have have contacted them and we have done everything they can on their end to fix it so I am thinking Verizon is the problem I also ran a Line quality test and here is DSL constantly disconnects, help. the results I got http www dslreports com linequality nil Also ran DR Ping from that same site which gives me a result of which I don t know what that means and it says the following Sorry pings gave errors or timeouts from IPs were reachable Any help is greatly appreciated Should I contacted Verizon I am on the West Coast if that DSL constantly disconnects, help. matters Thanks Mike nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Right, so before this DSL was rarely stable, it was incredibly slow. I solved the problem by directly connecting the modem (a Westell 6100) to the phone jack, as from what I've seen, the three way splitter that was used killed the connection speed. Now the results from doing this was the internet speed being increased sevenfold. The connection I have is from Verizon, not really too sure on the connection, but if it helps, the top speed I have now is about 70 kb/s. I've taken the line quality test from DSLReports, but from what it says, everything is apparently good. Another thing I've noticed too is that the Internet and Ethernet lights on both the router (A Linksys WRT300N) and the modem are constantly flashing. If anyone could help me with this, I'd be grateful, and the link to the test is here. http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2537166

Relevancy 60.2%

I bought one of these for a computer of mine. My uncle bought one, but I can't seem to get his to work.

The linksys program home says it has connection to the router, but not to the internet.

If anyone has experienced this problem, please let me know what you did to fix it.

Thanks

A:Linksys Wireless-G Network Adapter - connects to router, but cant get internet

Check the wireless security on the router including - mainly encryption and mac address filtering. Also does this adapter work at other hotspots?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wireless-g-network-adapter-connects-to-router-but-cant-get-internet.477190/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Linksys router that disconnects every 45min to 1hr & 15 min. Very annoying. Doesn't matter whether I'm using the computer or not. So I have to disconnect pwr. to the modem and router - wait a min. then connect pwr to modem and router and wait a min. and I'm back on line... what's going on...?? Without the router it never disconnects.
I have cable from Comcast an eMachine using XP home.

A:Linksys router disconnects about every hour.

Hi,
You may be able to solve the problem by setting the router back to the default configuration. Somebody may have changed the settings on it which cause it do act in that way. Somewhere in the router's configuration, they should be an option to restore factory settings or something similar. Try doing this. If you don't know how, contact the retailer or consult the user manual.
If you do this and the problem persists, the problem may be your service provider (ISP). They could have problems due to a lack of servers or too many users. Try contacting them to resolve the issue.
Luke.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-router-disconnects-about-every-hour.592907/
Relevancy 59.77%

Um, I do have internet that runs perfectly but for some reason..after a good while on the internet, it disconnects and i have to reboot just to get a connection everytime. I don't know what is going on but it gets on my nerves. I'm working on a bunch of projects that need access to the internet but i can't finish them with the internet giving up on me everytime i need it. Is there anything i can do to fix this?

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects...

First, try another browser to see if this behavior occurs there. This'll let us know if it's a browser issue or not. Here's a link to a nice free browser (Firefox) that I use: http://www.mozilla.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72897/internet-constantly-disconnects/
Relevancy 59.77%

When on Windows 7 (release 7100, 64 bit), the wireless internet disconnects after/during downloading a file, game downloads updates, or even when playing an online game. The internet still appears to be connected to my network however a message mentions "limited access". If I disconnect from the network, I am unable to reconnect to the network (error comes up).

This issue does not occur when using Ubuntu (dual boot) or on other computers connected to the internet (using Win XP/Vista). And does not occur when directly connected to the internet.

I also have noticed somewhat of an issue that may be relating to this problem. My network adapter is Belkin Wireless G Desktop Card F5D7000. However, Windows 7 recognizes the network card as "Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card"

Thanks for any help~

A:Wireless Constantly Disconnects

I've got the same exact problem. I have a Rosewill RNX-N2X wireless adapter. My computer does the same thing - the wireless connection comes up with limited access and it won't connect again.

Along with this though, when this happens, my CPU starts getting eaten up to almost 90% usage by something. When I try to shut down, it just locks at the shutting down screen, and I have to hold in the button.

The connection works most of the time when just surfing the web, but when making my account for this site it decided to disconnect. I've tried changing the wireless security, channel, drivers, etc... When I try a wired connection, the connection stays fine under heavy load, so it must be something with wireless drivers or something..Please help!

Edit: Also, my router is a D-Link DIR-655, but I don't think it's the problem. A Windows 7 laptop does not have any problems with this using the same router.

Edit 2: Nevermind, wireless disconnects even when surfing web after about 3-4 minutes, but downloads stop it instantly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23476-wireless-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all, I recently bought my first laptop (HP Streambook) and it's fine except for it constantly disconnecting from my wifi?
It only does this in my room (note that every other device I own can still pick up and keep a consistent connection in here), and when it picks up the connection, it only has 2-3 bars. It'll then go to 5 bars for about 30 secs, then disconnect completely. When I attempt to reconnect it may not work at all, or appear there with 2-3 bars again. I have reset the network card more times than I care to mention and any amount of troubleshooting won't help. I'm at my wit's end, any ideas?

A:WiFi constantly disconnects?

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, not the top of the line when it comes to notebooks/laptops. Can't rule out that it simply has a weak wifi adapter and antenna. What adapter does it have? May need to update the drivers. How far are you from the router and are there walls in between?

Also be sure the adapter is not allowed to sleep and power saving mode is not enabled.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62902-wifi-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I've had Verizon DSL for a while now, and I'll be honest, its the worst service we have ever gotten.
It goes down consistently, and by the time i call Verizon Tech Support, internet seems to stabilize and they say there is nothing wrong with my internet.
I did a line test at dslreports and got the following result.
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2552521

Looks just fine, but what explains the constant disconnections?
Oh, their 24/7 Tech Support lines seemed to have been closed for a long time now as well. Also, when i try calling corporate, they put my on hold then hang up.

Sooo, what do you guys think?
Thanks in advance.
-Jonathan

Relevancy 59.77%

I have a new laptop with a built in 802.11G adapter. It connects to my router, but then disconnects periodically, sometimes it reconnects right away, other times I have to turn the wireless adapter off and back on before it reconnects. Any advice would be helpful. Is it possible it has something to do with SP2 as this is the first time I've ever used it and this is the first time I'm having problems.

A:Wireless disconnects constantly.

SP2 and the wireless adapters built in connection utility on alot of models do not play nice so usually you have to pick one or the other to use. As well you will probably want to check the channel your on as something else may be causing interferance. Have you tried your laptop in other wirelesas areas? You may want to do that to have piece of mind that your card and configuration of your laptop is working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-disconnects-constantly.407959/
Relevancy 59.77%

Heres my problem, it has persisted for the past 3-4 months or so.

Randomly, but more frequently when i am gaming (WoW, Counter strike, Ventrilo, Warcraft III), my cable completely disconnects my internet and telephone (Optimum online & Voice)

The modem itself stays on but the lights for DS, US, and Online go out for 30 secs to a minute then reconnects and my internet is fine for the next 30 minutes or so until the same thing happens again.

I have switched out modems since it happened, no change.
I have switched out routers (upgraded from a WRT54GS to a WRT310N), no change.

I have seen you guys do some remarkable stuff with Hijackthis and such, if you could help me now with this problem it would relieve a lot of grief.

Thanks for your time

A:Internet Constantly Disconnects

Hi

Just out of interest have you contacted your ISP in case it is a fault with their equipment. ?

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-constantly-disconnects.109954/
Relevancy 59.34%

yesterday i bought a new linksys wrt610 v3 router to replace my old d-link router.

it was fine most of yesterday but yesterday night and most of today its been disconnecting all computers/consoles every 10-30 minutes for about 5 minutes each time.

the connection test failed screen comes up each time it disconnects. i went back to the d-link router for an hours and everything was fine.

i've tried changing some settings on the router but i still get disconnected

Relevancy 59.34%

A friend has cable, with a linksys wrt54g2 router and Motorola SB5101 cable modem.

At 16:12 every day both their pc's connections drop.

We have set their pc clocks forward an hour and rebooted the pc's at different times, it didnt change the disconnect time so it doesnt look like theres anything running on the pc's causing it.

I can still access their router when they disconnect so the cable seems to be fine.

ipconfig shows their lease does not expire or renew at that time.

Any ideas what to check next please?

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi im new to this forum I have some problems with my network To begin i have a D-Link DI- wireless router with latest firware And i have pc's and a laptop All computers have D-Link wireless network adapters which can have a throughput of mb so can the wireless router The network is fine No problems Constantly Network Drive Disconnects My pc has a HDD that the whole network can put there stuff on they have full access to it But my brothers pc and my dads laptop keep losing connection to after a certain amount Network Drive Constantly Disconnects of time But my sisters pc has no problems it wont loose connection Here are some basic specs of the pc's Mine Windows XP Pro x SP AMD Athlon X gb SATA Master HDD not shared gb ATA Slave HDD full access gb DDR RAM Dual Channel Brothers Windows XP Home SP Intel P HTT ghz gb ATA Master HDD not Shared gb DDR RAM Sisters Windows Network Drive Constantly Disconnects Vista Home Basic Intel Core Duo ghz i think gb ATA Master HDD not shared gb DDR RAM Dads Laptop Window XP Home SP AMD Athon gb ATA Master HDD Not Shared mb DDR RAM Any ideas If you need more info just say

A:Network Drive Constantly Disconnects

Anyone going to help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-drive-constantly-disconnects-144284.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,
I have ATT Uverse Internet, and an att uverse gateway, and on my computer the wireless keeps randomly disconnecting. Over the past few weeks it has started doing this more and more often, for instance today I can't get connection for more than 5 minutes before it disconnects. However, the wireless works on my other computer, Xbox, and iphone, so I'm not sure what's going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 58.91%

So I recently bought a Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter. Once I got it I hooked it up to my 750gb Seagate Barracuda hard drive; it let me view the files, but after I wanted to access my user folder, it said something about not having permission and closed unexpectedly. After that happened, I shut it off. Now when I plug it into any one of my computers, it repeatedly connects and then disconnects within 30 seconds. What should I do?

A:SATA HDD to USB Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects

Try a different cable. Try the Seagate in a computer. Try a different drive in the Vantec.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/49458-sata-hdd-usb-constantly-disconnects-reconnects.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I want to apologize in advanced for my lengthy post I recently upgraded my systems to and Reconnects Wireless Constantly Disconnects Windows Ultimate -bit Ultimate edition on both my desktop and laptop and have changed my router to a D-Link DGL- Here is some information on my systems Dell Inspiron Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects desktop - wired Windows Ultimate -bit Intel PWLA GT Mbps PCI PRO GT Desktop Adapter x RJ Sony VAIO VGN-CR laptop - wireless Windows Ultimate -bit Intel Wireless Wi-Fi Link AGN Wireless connection is managed by Windows D-Link DGL- settings Basic Wireless Settings Band GHz Mode Mixed n g b Auto Channel Scan Disabled Wireless Channel GHz - Channel Transmission Rate Best Channel Width MHz Advanced Wireless Settings Transmit Power High Beacon Period RTS Threshold Fragmentation Threshold DTIM Wireless Constantly Disconnects and Reconnects Interval WLAN Partition Disabled WMM Enabled Short GI Enabled I have been getting choppy speeds on my desktop and my laptop disconnects and reconnects constantly I ended up disabling a few other settings on my router which were not mentioned above I disabled Gamefuel the firewall SPI and I changed the NAT Endpoint Filtering for both UDP and TCP to Endpoint Independent This sped up my wired connection a bit but didn t help my wireless I also changed some of my wireless adapter settings on my laptop to show the following n Channel Width for band Auto n Mode Enabled Ad Hoc Channel b g Ad Hoc Power Management Disabled Ad Hoc QoS Mode WMM disabled Fat Channel Intolerant Disabled Mixed Mode Protection CTS-to-Self enabled Roaming Aggressiveness Lowest Throughput Enhancement Disabled Transmit Power Highest Wireless Mode a b g Nothing has worked I don t think it s my laptop only because I can connect to one of my neighbor s unsecured connections Another thing is that my Blackberry cannot connect to my network either It can pick up other wireless connections but not mine I used the PBC security method to set up the connection I don t know if this would help but there are at least other wireless connections that my laptop can see I normally wouldn t mind picking up free wi-fi but I would prefer to connect to my own network since I have a NAS server set up Please HELP nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I CANNOT take this anymore Over the past two weeks our connection has progressively gotten worse and worse to the point now where I m lucky enough to stay online minutes not ISP Wireless disconnects- constantly Solved: at a time Our ISP is AT Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP amp T and before this our net used to get easily Solved: Wireless constantly disconnects- not ISP disconnected by a phone call we are to get this problem in itself solved soon with filters The modem router is connected to my mother s computer downstairs She never seems to have any problems with connectivity or at least not as much as I do I m running wireless in the room right above her and I have never had this bad of a problem until recently Any wireless connection upstairs drops constantly and becomes horribly slow or disconnects completely it is still connected to the router We called our ISP and they claimed it was not a problem on their end The tech support was actually very thorough and he did everything he could from tests to helping me reset our modem back to factory settings in case there was anything possibly wrong with the modem itself- which is not that old - years give or take I ve tried multiple times to disconnect the modem and reconnect to restart the system which used to work this issue is something completely different I updated my wireless networking card driver and the problem persists I don t know what else to do and my patience has worn thin on this issue It s very bizarre and I have tried to search for anything similar but to no avail PLEASE if anyone can help let me know and if you need any more information and thank you so much in advance if you have any idea in which to help me with this problem Here is the Ipconfig if it helps at all Windows IP Configuration Host Name amie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Ada pter Physical Address - - -DA-CC-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c f b da a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday March PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - F- - F-C -DB- - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - F-C -DB- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address - -C - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -A B - -A - FD br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c bba b Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c bba b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Loca... Read more

Relevancy 58.91%

After years of my laptop running flawlessly I ve started having major problems connecting to my router the internet I noticed the problems started happening after I did a huge gb download My computer constantly but randomly disconnects for random intervals of time If I do while computers constantly other not disconnects Laptop m lucky it ll connect just fine but once it disconnects it ll most likely not work for quite some time The other computers cellphones etc aren t having any problems with connecting and it s only my laptop Sometimes it seems to go on a quot Identifying Name No internet access quot loop or it connects to the router but I get no internet access And whenever I troubleshoot it it never really helps anything and I never get a consistent reason as to why it isn t working The laptop is an Asus running Windows Windows IP Configuration Host Name Katie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C- B-D - - -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C- B-D - A- F-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - B- - -F -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E D -E A - FCC-BCD -B DC FA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - Laptop constantly disconnects while other computers do not - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ca comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B C D-E B- FA -BDB -E C E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Linksys Wireless-G router and a Linksys PCI card My router is in another room probably or so feet away Everything seems to work fine BUT the internet will disconnect for like a second every minutes or so It s briefly Linksys disconnects minutes. - few network wireless every like the card loses the Linksys wireless network - disconnects briefly every few minutes. signal not the router Or I suppose it could be the router There is a cordless phone but it s in a different room from the router and barely used This is an Linksys wireless network - disconnects briefly every few minutes. extremely frustrating problem as I play online games and a disconnect like this all the time is totally unacceptable I have tried switching channels through the router setup page and tinkering here and there with my network options but I am not very knowledgeable about such things I even bought larger antennas for the router but it doesn t help anything I read about this problem posted here a while back but the thread was pretty dead Guy had the exact same equipment and problem that I did But the problem was never solved or so I assume by the lack of replies or followups If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it I don t want to spend another for long cabling after I spent all of this money before to avoid the cables in the first place Thanks nbsp

A:Linksys wireless network - disconnects briefly every few minutes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wireless-network-disconnects-briefly-every-few-minutes.371004/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am having a serious problem. This has been going on for months now and I don't know what is going on. I try to listen to music through Yahoo's music site or through xmradio.com and every time I try to listen to a song my router disconnects and kicks me off the internet. In order for me to get connected again I have to unplug my router and plug it back in. I have updated the firmware on my route to the lastest version. The only thing that I can think of is it is a problem with the drivers with my network card that are somehow causing the problem. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Could it be my router is just giving out?

Thanks in advance for any help that someone can provide......

Robbie.

A:Linksys Router Disconnects when when listening to steaming audio......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-router-disconnects-when-when-listening-to-steaming-audio.427307/
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok I have a Dell Latitude D with a Intel Pro wireless lan mini pci adapter internal on my computer The router is a linksys wrt gs v router The laptop will constantly disconnect and reconnect from the router mostly when I am downloading something Sometimes laptop constantly disconnects Wireless network the network will lock up and disappear completely under View network connections The problem only occurs at my GF s Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop apartment And i know its not poor signal in the walls cause she just moved and have the same problems in the new place I have the same make and model router Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my place and have no problems I also have no problems when I connect to the wireless network Wireless network constantly disconnects laptop at my school I also have no problems with the network using my girlfriends laptop Also my ps has no problems connecting wireless to the router either so i m pretty sure the problem is not the router but is the laptop but why only having problems with this router is really puzzling me I m at a loss of what to do i updated the firmware on the router updated the drivers on my laptop and still no solution I also changed the router s channel to one that wasn t being used by any other networks in the area nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have had a problem for the past couple days. I have looked over many places on the internet and have not found a solution.

The problem is my computer ASUS ul 30-a up until a few days ago was running fine on wireless until a couple of days ago when the wireless constantly was cutting out every minute or so and reconecting 10-15 seconds later. I have reformatted my computer and installed multiple new driver from the Asus website. When wired into the router the internet works perfectly. But wireless even directly next to it does not work. Their are 2 other laptops in the house neither which have had any problem dropping connections. Another thing I fine odd is that my computer is perfectly fine on my wireless at school. I have tried resetting the router and multiple router setting but still nothing. Renew release Ip, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 58.48%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 58.48%

I've never had this issue before with my Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter model WMP54G. Its not much of a big problem but it is annoying! Connection is great at Excellent but sometimes it just disconnects and then automatically re-connects. It doesn't matter if I'm in the middle of loading a webpage or using the connection in any way either. I've checked for radio frequency interference and there is none in its area. The router is an Actiontec. Also whats frustrating is the connection speed even with an Excellent connection. It tops out at 54Mbps but sometimes drops to 12Mbps or 18Mbps even when there isn't heavy connection activity and the connection runs very slow. Google and web searches have not been successful. Any ideas?

A:[SOLVED] Wireless Adapter constantly disconnects.

How far away is the access point? What happens if you move directly in front of it? Do the problems still occur?
Are there any walls / Metal objects / fridges (large electrical components etc) between you and the access point?
You can try to swivel the Access Point aerial so it is horizontal instead of vertical or vertical instead of horizontal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-wireless-adapter-constantly-disconnects-503426.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I m constantly getting disconnected on my Comcast Internet It s my primary connection but I do have a VZW BroadbandAccess as a secondary and for when I commute go on the road etc This has always happened but mostly stopped after Internet Comcast Disconnects Solved: Constantly I switched to a - mhz -Way Solved: Comcast Internet Constantly Disconnects splitter about months ago Before that the disconnects would be like every ten days Now it s happening every few hours Sometimes it resolves itself sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect the modem from the cable line powercycling doesn t do it My cable modem is a real pain to get to being at the bottom of a rack in my crawlspace It s on a cheap VA UPS with the router and some switches It always fails on establishing send channels Can tell that from the logs Which I can t seem to access anymore but that s what it always used to be Modem SB ISP Comcast Chicago Router WRT G v on DD-WRT but it doesn t really matter Does the same thing when connected to my RouterBoard but that s not setup the way I want it yet Other Stuff Airport Express as AP Print Server Speakers with DHCP turned off Should I just order a new modem Any recommendations Would a bidir cable amplifier before the splitter help nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello For the past months or so I ve had trouble with my internet and have tried recently to fix it since it annoys me insanely Here s my setup - Sony Vaio FE laptop with Vista Home Premium -bit service pack - Router is a Verizon FiOS MI WR reconnects disconnects Wireless and constantly internet - A desktop is connected through wire and doesn t Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly experience the problems Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly Here s the problem My wireless internet constantly disconnects and then reconnects right away for seemingly no reason Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly I can t find a pattern sometimes I have no dropouts for hours sometimes it happens every - seconds for a few minutes I have tried the following - Updating drivers for both the router there was none and my wireless network card - Changing router channels to - Changing to static IP and back - Scanning my computer for viruses with Security Essentials and Spybot removing any bad stuff it found - Doing diagnostics through the router doing a ping test to my computer but it just says quot test failed quot and doesn t help me any further None of that helped and the situation remained the same From the tons of stuff I ve read online I know a few things that could be wrong but I m not sure - There s the wireless phones but the dropouts are completely independent from whenever a phone call is being made or received there s no pattern I don t know if that means anything or if it doesn t matter - I am about feet away from the router the signal has to travel from an office through a living room and into another room where my laptop is However the signal strength is described as quot excellent quot full bars - It could also be a problem with my internal network card For the longest time I ve had a problem with my WiFi switch it has become loose and I have to fiddle with it to keep it on since it sometimes moves to the off position But the dropout happens even when I m not touching the computer which could shake it to the off position and when the switch is on I thought about buying an external USB network adapter thing to bypass a possibly broken internal card but I don t know if that would work and if it would end up being a waste of money - Finally my laptop s power connection is semi-broken on the laptop itself It fell about a foot down onto where the power is plugged in which is on the side and whatever holds the cord into the computer became loose resulting in the computer going to battery for a second before coming back to AC power pretty often It usually happens when typing and there s vibration on the computer from it maybe once or twice an hour I read that using the laptop when it s disconnected from power could result in internet fallouts but the power plug has been broken for over a year while the internet problems didn t show up until about months ago So there s my situation Sorry for the long post and thank you if you read it nbsp

A:Wireless internet disconnects and reconnects constantly

when your internet drops out, does the router still have an internet connection, i.e. is the router still getting an IP address from your ISP? since you said that the desktop is hard-wired into the router and doesn't experience this same problem, i'm assuming this is the case. it seems as though the problem lies more in the wireless connection and not the router or your ISP.

you may need to get a wireless expander because that distance seems fairly long.

a new network card or a wireless USB may help matters, but it still seems like a long distance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-constantly.915917/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a wireless home network set constantly Solved: disconnects on computer Wireless one network up with desktop computers and laptops Most of the computers have no problems but one gets disconnected almost immediately if the network is left idle for a short time usually takes less than a minute The only way I can stay connected is to constantly download a file browse online without stopping play a game online etc If I stop Windows XP SP still displays the network as connected usually with Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer Excellent or Very Good Signal Strength yet I cannot do anything online I can t even successfully ping the router a Netgear WGT v until I disconnect from the network then reconnect Simply clicking repair does not fix anything My network adapter is an Airlink AWLH g Wireless PCI Adapter I have all power saving options disabled so I don t believe the adapter is turning itself off I previously had an Airlink router but moved and it got lost so I now have the Netgear router Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer I never had any problems connecting the other router If I use my laptop in the same room as the desktop it has no problems so I don t think the location of the computer Solved: Wireless network disconnects constantly on one computer is a problem Any suggestions of what could be causing this problem on this computer Thanks in advance and feel free to ask any questions for further clarification -Jeff nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I've been trying to use my IPv6 as default over IPv4. After manually entering in the IP address into the adapter under IPv6 protocol, it would connect for 5 minutes before disconnecting itself. I would have to constantly redo just to keep the connection up. How can I use my IPv6 without constantly disconnecting, is there something I'm doing wrong?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392167-ipv6-constantly-disconnects-windows-7-xfinity-comcast.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I'm bombed by a harmful virus which always slowing down my internet and lots of disconnections. I also redirected to different harmful web pages (some of them are Russian porn sites and dating sites).

I scanned multiple times with Kaspersky Internet Security tools (pro) and Malwarebytes along with Adware Cleaner. They couldn't detect any infections.

Because of this virus I can't use my internet properly. Every other computer and phone at my home can connect to internet with high speed and not a single problem ever.
Here's the link I get redirected to: Meet local singles!

Please help me get rid of this virus, I'm desperate with only one choice of resetting my computer if it doesn't stop..

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Hello,

They call me TwinHeadedEagle around here, and I'll be working with you.

Before we start please read and note the following:

At the top of your post, please click on the "Watch thread" button and make sure to check Watch this thread...and receive email notifications. This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing me to solve your problem faster.
Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process. Please do not perform System Restore or any other restore.
Instructions I give to you are very simple and made for complete beginner to follow. That's why you need to read through my instructions carefully and completely before executing them.
Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.

All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.
If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.
I visit forum several times at day, making sure to respond to everyone's topic as fast as possible. But bear in mind that I have private life like everyone and I cannot be here 24/7. So please be patient with me. Also, some infections require less, and some more time to be removed completely, so bear this in mind and be patient.
Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.

Please attach all report using button below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.

Do not ask for help for your business PC. Companies are making revenue via computers, so it is good thing to pay for the repair.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.

Rules and policies

We won't support any piracy.
That being told, if any evidence of illegal OS, software, cracks/keygens or any other will be revealed, any further assistance will be suspended. If you are aware that there is this kind of stuff on your machine, remove it before proceeding!
The same applies to any use of P2P software: uTorrent, BitTorrent, Vuze, Kazaa, Ares... We don't provide any help for P2P, except for their removal. All P2P software has to be uninstalled or at least fully disabled before proceeding!

Failure to follow these guidelines will result with closing your topic and withdrawning any assistance.

Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54447/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello TwinHeadedEagle,

My web browser (Chrome and IE) also redirect to "Meet Local Singles". I follow your instructions and have 2 files. Please see the attachments. Thank very much for your help

A:Malware/Virus constantly slows down and disconnects my internet and redirects to harmful webpages

Task: {069C68BA-AD06-4E87-8E5E-F3C43AC230FC} - System32\Tasks\AutoKMS => C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe

This topic will now be closed due to evidence of cracked or pirated software on this system.

Piracy Policy

Should you think that is not the case, please send me a private message.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/malware-virus-constantly-slows-down-and-disconnects-my-internet-and-redirects-to-harmful-webpages.54556/
Relevancy 55.04%

Every time a fuse blows my router to network setting will undo for i dont know what reason but it's very annoying ,and im no expert ,constantly talking to at&t and linksys technicians for 2 hours every time it happens. I guess from what i know so far after going threw this so many times is that the IP address setting will change to default , I ask how to prevent this from happening again and they they refuse to take the conversation any further.

PS: will post more info if needed

Relevancy 49.88%

I am just setting up Windows 7 for a customer. They work from home most of the time. I have set a VPN connection up so they can connect to the office which works fine.I can ping the server and it replied.The internet works fine connected to the workplace.So why is it when I click on Start- Computer - Network it does not show all the computers on the network at this persons work??Also I am trying to understand all this new search style in Windows 7. Is there a simple way in which you can just search for an IP address?? All of this is for me to do one thing. I want to map a drive from a computer on this persons network at work.But I am trying to set it all up from her home and not in the workplace.Hope someone can help. Jason

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0b07e718-36ec-4936-b97f-afff64977221/windows-7-vpn-connects-but-wont-show-computers-on-network-it-connects-too?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi!

My MacBook works fine with my linksys router and RR internet. My wife's toshiba laptop running vista establishes a connection, but will not browse the net. My neighbor says she's having the same problem with her PC when trying to connect to my router (we live very close together).

I've tried the diagnose & repair and a few other fixes I've read online but no luck. Thanks forum!

A:Macbook connects to Wifi fine, PC connects but won't browse web

Hi.May we see:
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous IPCONFIG command output! Do NOT type <computer_IP_address> into the command, that won't work. Also, the < and > in the text is to identify the parameters, they are also NOT used in the actual commands.

Do NOT include the <> either, they're just to identify the values for substitution.

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 8.8.8.8

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above. (For Vista/Win7, the IPv4 Address)

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macbook-connects-to-wifi-fine-pc-connects-but-wont-browse-web.1018106/
Relevancy 42.14%

Time Warner gave me an Arris all-in-one modem/router. I already had and liked my Linksys so I disabled my Arris' wireless in its settings at 192.168.100.1. Seemed everything was then OK: My ports forwarded, the Arris wi-fi name no longer appeared in Airport and it seemed as if I was finally back to my preferred setup: the Arris modem and Linksys router.

However, when I went to login to the Linksys on my Linksys wifi name at the universal Linksys login of 192.168.1.1, it timed out and didn't present the screen to login. Then I went to check my IP and it's the IP that was active with the Arris router, not the Linksys.

So I'm really confused. It seems as if literally my two routers are crossed -- the correct wifi name with the old IP and the inability to login to the correct wifi address at 192.168.1.1.

What should I do?

A:Routers: Arris to Linksys - can no longer login to Linksys?

Maybe you connected to a Linksys LAN port instead of the WAN (Internet/Modem) port. That's actually often better than to cascade multiple routers, but if you do this you should also disable the Linksys's Dhcp server and assign it a LAN IP in the proper subnet but outside the Arris Dhcp server's address range.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routers-arris-to-linksys-can-no-longer-login-to-linksys.1106997/
Relevancy 42.14%

I need some serious help. I have computer A hard wired to LInksys WRT54G router and computer B hard wired to Linksys WAP54G access point. Computer B uses Win 7 as its operating system. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get the access point to find the network. Can anyone please advise? Thanks.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all! I have home network consisting of 4 Desktops (1 W7, 2XP, 1 Vista)and 1 Laptop (W7). All connect to WRT110. 2 via cable, two via WUSB100 and the laptop via build in WiFi device.

The actual problem: whenever the Vista computer connects via one WUSB100 (after a reboot or on initial start) everybody else gets kicked off the net until I manually reset the router. Then everything is OK until that one computer (Vista) re-starts/reboots.
It's not the WUSB itself. It works just fine on any other computer. The drivers for it are fresh from the linksys site.

I'm completely clueless. Did anyone ever experienced a similar behavior and perhaps came across a remedy?
I appreciate any and all input.
-DG

A:Odd problem with Linksys WUSB 100 in connection with linksys WRT110

Hello,

Visit Linksys site and see if there's a current firmware update for your router. Make sure to use a wired connection to manually update the firmware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/197098-odd-problem-linksys-wusb-100-connection-linksys-wrt110.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have tried everything. I recently moved out of the parents house and into my new house and upgraded to an N-Router from a G-Router. Now before my PC even starts up it crashes with the blue screen of death. I've isolated the problem to have something to do with the compatibility between my Linksys WRT160N Wireless-N router and my Linksys WMP54G Wireless-G PCI adapter. When I take the computer back to my parents house it works and connects fine to the old network. If I unplug the antenna from the PCI adapter the PC works (no internet.) If I disconnect the power supply from N-Router the PC works fine (no internet.) But if I put the antenna back in or plug the N-router back in it immediately goes from being fine to the blue screen of death. Can anyone help?

A:Linksys N-Router/Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter incompatibility?

I should mention that I can use the internet fine with my laptop and iPod touch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-n-router-linksys-wireless-g-pci-adapter-incompatibility.908355/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,
I have a dell xps420/vista. I took my old computer a dell/windows 98 down to my basement to use in my workshop. I wld like to hook it up wireless. I bought a Linksys RangePlus Wireless Router which I successful connected. (with help fm Linksys-they had me type in 192.168.1.1)

I also bought the Linksys Range Plus Network usb Adapter. I ran the cd on my new computer and got lost when it stated to input my ssid and webkey. I now stopped and have no clue.

Can anyone help?
Also-this may be a stupid question...but does that little brown usb thing go to my old computer? I also don't want to hook it all up unsecure. I am getting confused. I'm no computer wizard. Just an old broad still thinkin' she can do pull through this nonense.

shorelady

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi

I am looking a way to play a sound file, in this instance WAV file constantly after boot up or login

I have disabled windows sound login and added nnnn.WAV in the startup folder.

It plays and loops fine but pops up with the Windows Media Player, in this case.

I want it to continue playing but silent mode without Windows Media Player popping up.

I have seen HTML TAGS to do it, maybe do it that way and exec it from bat or vbs file on startup of

pc/laptop

Thanks in advance

A:Play sound file constantly after boot or login constantly

If you cant find a better way, maybe rename the standard login sound as mmm.old and replace it with your wav file, then re-enable standard windows sounds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/play-sound-file-constantly-after-boot-or-login-constantly.202320/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there and keys Alt flipping toggling, constantly Ctrl constantly screen my dad's laptop an Acer Aspire z- running Windows has one of the most bizzare problems I have ever seen He described the problem to me Alt and Ctrl keys constantly toggling, screen constantly flipping as Alt and Ctrl keys constantly toggling, screen constantly flipping the screen constantly Alt and Ctrl keys constantly toggling, screen constantly flipping flipping around and changing orientation all by itself By pressing the arrow keys you can also flip it manually sometimes I turned on the on-screen keyboard to find out that Ctrl and Alt are constantly being held or toggled Alt and Ctrl can sometimes be temporarily disabled by just pressing those keys but they will just toggle on pressed again or flicker between being pressed and not pressed On top of that whatever is going on seems to really like flipping the screen upsidedown or just flip it in random directions but usually upsidedown I guess it is doing this with the ctrl alt arrowkey hotkey combination which I didn't think was enabled And on top of this it seems to be pressing right click a lot or some equivalent because context menus often come up Bizzare right The laptop is extremely hard to navigate because it has a mind of its own Between the screen flipping ctrl and alt being toggled at random and context menus going haywire it's a complete mess It seemed to be lacking a virus program so I was able to very awkwardly get Microsoft Security Essentials installed just typing MSE into google was hard let alone installing the software and I ran a scan Problem persists Please run me through some things I can do but keep in mind that the computer is very hard to simply navigate and typing is a pain Possible just frustrating and incredibly hard Maybe a quick workaround just to be able get this solved would be to disable the keyboard or disable control and alt - is that possible Thank you -Dan

A:Alt and Ctrl keys constantly toggling, screen constantly flipping

Computer Hope has listed a few ideas on this problem. May be worth a quick look -
Flipped monitor display in Windows

Tell us if this helps or not -

Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497741/alt-and-ctrl-keys-constantly-toggling-screen-constantly-flipping/
Relevancy 39.99%
A:What is better? Linksys WRT54G2 or Linksys WRT54GL?

The Linksys WRT54G2 router is now discontinued.

Reviews for both porducts can be found on here:
Reviews | Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router (WRT54G2-UK)
Reviews | Linksys WRT54GL 54Mbps Broadband Wireless-G Linux Router (WRT54GL-UK)

If you're going to buy one then I would get the Linksys WRT54GL as it is still current. It also has good reviews according to Broadband Buyer. I have worked on these before and I didnt have a problem with it. Good pieces of kit tbh.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/199916-what-better-linksys-wrt54g2-linksys-wrt54gl.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Greetings,

My brother and I just bought a cable modem wireless gateway and two linksys wireless pci cards.

We installed the cards and hooked up the gateway correctly. However we lose signals and it "drops" from the connection. Is it the gateway issue? Is it our cards?

We both run Windows XP home.

Thanks
RDGM

Relevancy 37.41%

I presently have a Linksys WRT54G2 V1. I've been looking at the WRT160N to purchase & use as my main router. I'd like to wirelessly bridge the WRT160N to the WRT54G2 & have that as a repeater so that my signal is boosted, and my parents laptop wireless connection doesn't go all low & dragging when they're at the other end of the house. Is it possible & if so, can someone point me in the right direction as to procedure & configuration? Thank you.

A:Solved: Linksys Router Wireless Bridge to 2nd Linksys Router

I don't believe you will be able to do this "out of the box", look at third party firmware like dd-wrt. Never used it myself but I've read it works fine.

Or

It may be easier to run a cable to the second router and set them up with the same SSID and security.

Have them on different IP addresses and channels something like:

Router 1 192.168.1.1 channel 6

Router 2 192.168.1.2 channel 11

You won't get "true" roaming but when one signal is dropped the wireless unit will pick up the other automatically.... or one could simply manually change from one to the other depending where they are in the house and which signal is stronger.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-linksys-router-wireless-bridge-to-2nd-linksys-router.924275/
Relevancy 34.83%

My problem is that none of my programs will connect to the internet, except Internet Explorer. IE connects and works as normal, but everything else (Firefox, Thunderbird, IRC, etc) fails to connect immediately.

I recently replaced the file wsock32.dll in the windows/system32 folder, because it was causing an error in loading video files. I just copied that file from the same folder in another instance of XP (I have two copies of XP installed on my system). The video problem is fixed, but then I noticed this. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the current problem, but it's the only change I've made to my system recently.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:IE connects, nothing else will

I recently replaced the file wsock32.dll in the windows/system32 folder, because it was causing an error in loading video files. I just copied that file from the same folder in another instance of XP (I have two copies of XP installed on my system). The video problem is fixed, but then I noticed this. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the current problem, but it's the only change I've made to my system recently.Click to expand...

i dont know enough about how winsock works to comment on this change which may be the issue -

but otherwise - have you a firewall blocking the applications - this would be my first area to investigate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-connects-nothing-else-will.574354/
Relevancy 34.4%

We are at the hospital, which has a wifi signal for guests. My laptop, which has windows 7 will connect, but my dad's, which has windows vista, won't. When I connect with my laptop, it connects with limited connectivity, and a popup that says, additional information may be required, open your browser to continue. I get a page for the Hospital and I click the continue button and I am connected. On dad's computer, it says limited connectivity, but I don't get the little popup. What is up with that?

Relevancy 34.4%

When computer has not been used for a couple of hours and the screensaver has gone dark I then move the mouse, the screen lights up and the window saying its dialing is there. Once connected no internet explorer window opens. If I click on “home” or “start/ internet explorer" button it wants to go to,

http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx
Also loses connection sometimes. Running xp/sp2
I checked internet options and my home page is correct,, also says “never dial”

Help Please,,

Billy

A:Connects to internet by itself

BUMP,,, didn't want to give too much info but I still have same problem,,, any ideas

nottabadvue said:

When computer has not been used for a couple of hours and the screensaver has gone dark I then move the mouse, the screen lights up and the window saying its dialing is there. Once connected no internet explorer window opens. If I click on “home” or “start/ internet explorer" button it wants to go to,

http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx
Also loses connection sometimes. Running xp/sp2
I checked internet options and my home page is correct,, also says “never dial”

Help Please,,

BillyClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connects-to-internet-by-itself.596540/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have been connecting to internet thru an non-secured LAN for number of days. Then, I lost connection to LAN. I find the wireless LAN again, got an IP address, but couldn't connect to internet. After trying for a long time, hours, I restored XP Home to previous restore point, and then I got internet again. Any explanations as to what had caused the internet connection problem?
I use ZA but made no changes to firewall, ipconfig/all during the loss of internet did show LANs DNS and DCHP. Also tried numerous repairs to get a ip address and each time connection to LAN (router, LINKSYS) was good. Puzzled, but still connecting.

A:Connects to LAN but not internet

so its all working now

it could be spyware on the PC
or the firewall blocking

if it happens again try this
ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.
NEXT lets see if you can get out onto the internet with both names and IP's - its possible the IP number you get back on the first test is different to the one I post {I'm in UK} so use the number you get instead of mine

------------------------------------------------
try ping the name and then the IP see below

start
run
cmd

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping {the default gateway ipaddress you got above }
C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping google.com
Pinging google.com [64.233.187.99] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=120ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=107ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=102ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=101ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 64.233.187.99:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 101ms, Maximum = 120ms, Average = 107ms

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping 64.233.187.991
Ping request could not find host 64.233.187.991. Please check the name and try a
gain.

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>ping 64.233.187.99
Pinging 64.233.187.99 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=116ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=243
Reply from 64.233.187.99: bytes=32 time=111ms TTL=243

Ping statistics for 64.233.187.99:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 111ms, Maximum = 116ms, Average = 113ms

C:\Documents and Settings\wayne>Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connects-to-lan-but-not-internet.543400/
Relevancy 34.4%

someone help me... my computer connects to the internet when ever it wants to.... how to i make it so that it ALWAYS asks before connecting.... ive tried all of my programs and i dont know whats making it connect every few minutes

A:internet connects when it wants to

You probably have a program running in the background that requires an internet connection, to make it ask you before it connects click on [tools], [internet options], then the [connections] tab and open up the dialup connection you have and uncheck the "connect automaticaly" box. That should make it ask you before it connects. You might also want to poke through taskmanager to see if you can find what program keeps trying to access the internet and making your computer try to connect.

:smash:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connects-when-it-wants-to-8112.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I know this has probably been answered before sorry for the repetition I have a sony vaio Laptop that I just got IE get on but I Laptop connects cannot off ebay yeah I Laptop connects but I cannot get on IE know I ve spent about hours now reading and trying everything to get connected and no joy I have a desktop with a linksys router The wireless connection status on the laptop shows me connected at Mbps with an excellent signal strength When I attempt to use the IE I get the quot page cannot display quot line I ve set up the IPs correctly I ve pinged the router nothing back I pinged the laptop to itself and that worked Ive turned off the firewalls both Windows and Symantec that didn t work I ve turned off encryption and that didn t work I m pretty much out of ideas Any help would be greatly appreciated I m out of ideas and if I don t get this puppy workin my wife is gonna have my well you know nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi gang IE launches but never makes a connection and stops responding Opera amp Firefox seem to have no issues I have runs AVG Norton Spysweeper Spybot with nothing showing other than cookies Would be interested in your input on this Hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Longer Connects IE No system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files IE No Longer Connects SonicWALL SonicWALL VPN Client IreIKE exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Executive Software DiskeeperLite DkService exe C Program Files Intel IDU IDUServ exe C Program Files SonicWALL SonicWALL VPN Client IPSecMon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Webroot Desktop Firewall wdfsvc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe C IE No Longer Connects Program Files NETGEAR SC Manager Utility ZeteraService exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C Program Files Intel IDU iptray exe C Program Files FarStone RestoreIT RestoreIT XP VBPTASK EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C WINDOWS Logi IE No Longer Connects MwX Exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C Program Files Webroot Desktop Firewall WDF exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Weather Watcher ww exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Logitech Profiler lwemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Curse - Updates WoW Addons CurseClient exe C Program Files Starfield Desktop Calendar Tools OutSync exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Common Files DataViz DvzIncMsgr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files SonicWALL SonicWALL VPN Client SafeCfg exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Teamspeak RC TeamSpeak exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http userfriendly org R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http developer intel com design motherbd software dcc R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-no-longer-connects.720156/
Relevancy 34.4%

Had to replace my SMC wireless router with Linksys BEFW11. My XP computer re-connected to the router and then on to the internet no problem. My W98 computer can connect to the router but cannot find the internet. Both PC use USB wireless adapters. I tried refresh and connect from the W98 PC but still cannot get to internet. I have not configured the router with WEP or MAC filtering (yet). Have I overlooked something on the W98 pc? I didn't have to change anything on XP regarding the adapter. What should I do to get the W98 to connect to internet?
Prior to the SMC router problem both pcs worked fine. Then the SMC router stopped broadcasting it's SSID and neither PC could find it so I lost internet access. DOn't know what happened to it but I had another Linksys router so I want to use it.

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi this is a weird one i had a mate come round and bring connects but Internet else.... anything i cannot do his PC so we could have a little lan session with call of duty and FEAR games Internet connects but i cannot do anything else.... We connected up and configured our firewalls i ran as the gateway computer so he could share my internet i dialied up but could not view any pages on the internet on either computer signing into MSN resulted in the trobleshooter coming up and showing errors on DNS and i think key ports but im not sure now I tried everything from deleting the connection reinstalling the modem drivers checking the cabling etc I then pinged a game server using CMD then PING in the command line thing and that worked fine so i knew i was connected I then thought it was a firewall problem so i uninstalled Norton Internet Security but still nothing I then went to my other much slower computer that im on now and plugged in my modem and i was away No idea what it is s please someone help thanks alot Moka Oh before my mate come round the internet was working fine I have broadband in the UK with a USB modem sagem Tiscali UK O S windows xp pro grinthumb nbsp

A:Internet connects but i cannot do anything else....

you need to configure ICS( internet connection sharing) on your pc.

its fairly handy just follow instructions in the help..this will configure your pc as the gateway and set your mates pc to obatin IP automatically

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-i-cannot-do-anything-else.36315/
Relevancy 34.4%

I just installed a new wireless access point and new Win 7 Lenovo Laptop on my network and connect get to my files, systems, outlook across the VPN. The setup looks like this:
cable modem with static IP > Router (Cisco BEFSR81) > WAP (Linksys WAP610N) > Win7 Lenovo.

Using the same network, a second Lenovo PC running XP connects fine. I mirrored the network settings of the XP to the Win 7 including the default gateways, host IP address, etc.

In addition, if I connect to the router directly across a wired connection I get the same result: Internet access, VPN connection, no access to systems, applications or outlook over the VPN. The same thing when I try using a Verizon Broadband card. (XP systems is fine on all mediums).

What am I missing in the Win 7 set up? Is the BEFSR81 not compatible with Win7?
Call me stumped!

A:VPN connects but will not allow access

Quote: Originally Posted by mcs204

I just installed a new wireless access point and new Win 7 Lenovo Laptop on my network and connect get to my files, systems, outlook across the VPN. The setup looks like this:
cable modem with static IP > Router (Cisco BEFSR81) > WAP (Linksys WAP610N) > Win7 Lenovo.

Using the same network, a second Lenovo PC running XP connects fine. I mirrored the network settings of the XP to the Win 7 including the default gateways, host IP address, etc.

In addition, if I connect to the router directly across a wired connection I get the same result: Internet access, VPN connection, no access to systems, applications or outlook over the VPN. The same thing when I try using a Verizon Broadband card. (XP systems is fine on all mediums).

What am I missing in the Win 7 set up? Is the BEFSR81 not compatible with Win7?
Call me stumped!

Take a look in your Network and Sharing folder on the Win7 machine... Is it set to "Home Network"? If so you should switch to a Work network then in Advanced Sharing do the following...

Turn ON network discovery
Turn ON file and printer Sharing
Turn OFF Public folder sharing
Enable sharing for devices that use 40 or 56 bit encryption
Turn OFF password protected sharing
Use Usernames and Passwords to connect to other computers

In your network adaptor settings uncheck IPv6

In Folder Settings uncheck the "Use sharing wizard" option

The reason for this is that XP doesn't understand "Home Networks" and it's necessary to adjust Win7 to XP style sharing.

Also... if you are using static IPs make sure you don't give two machines the same IP address in TCP/IP v4.... Keep the first there numbers (usually 192.168.1.???) and give them different fourth numbers.

For testing, though, you should set all your network adaptors to Automatically get IP and DNS from the router... You can always set up Static IP later on...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/76678-vpn-connects-but-will-not-allow-access.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I live with a family that uses AOL oh god I know You don't even have to tell me as surf but can't Connects their ISP Recently they switched to CenturyTell I removed AOL from my computer using add remove programs then I made sure there wasnt any trace Connects but can't surf of it in Run-- gt Regedit-- gt LocalMachine-- gt Software-- gt Microsoft-- gt Windows-- gt Current Version-- gt Run Then I set up Internet Explorer to dial to the CenturyTell number It worked fine Here comes Connects but can't surf my problem When I came to do this on their computer old old gateway P etc it worked fine But when I dial up to CT using IE it connects me ok but no pages load DNS error When I look at the top of my browser it say quot Internet Explorer brought to you by AOL quot with an aol icon This leads me to believe I did not get AOL completly off of the computer My main problem is I can't access the internet using that computer Can anyone help me Thank you for reading this Any help appreciated Thanks -Nate

A:Connects but can't surf

The AOL info in the IE title bar means nothing.

Should probably contact their ISP to verify the networking settings for the dial-up connection. Sometimes, they specify an IP for the DNS entry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/connects-but-cant-surf-68350.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a PC running Windows XP Pro SP I have a dial-up connection that connects just fine It will connect anywhere from to Kb s When I open Microsoft Internet Explorer and try to go to any site I get the quot This Page Cannot Be Displayed quot error I have tried to clear out the cash and the history I have clicked the detect internet settings link on the page cannot be displayed page The internet works on another PC in the same house on the same phone line History First off the PC is not mine It belongs to a friend His power supply unit failed He contacted me to get him another one I installed the new one In the process I noticed that he didn't have a virus scanner nor did he have Ad-Aware I installed both and scanned the system Ad-Aware found a little but not much I expected it to find much more because the system was running but anywhere Dial-up connects go can't a little slow I could neither update Ad-Aware nor Dial-up connects but can't go anywhere the AVG virus scanner because I am on broadband and I do not have a land line phone I let Ad-Aware correct the stuff it found Dial-up connects but can't go anywhere then I ran a system scan with AVG AVG found a LOT of problems Since I don't really have a Dial-up connects but can't go anywhere lot of time for my own recreation let alone working on somebody else's computer I didn't take the time to make notes on what AVG found I just let AVG quarantine delete infected files The computer did run a little better I gave the computer back The next day my friend calls to tell me that he can't update AVG and Ad-Aware and can't go anywhere on the internet I'm guessing that I let AVG delete a file s that are necessary for the internet browser to communicate with the dial-up connection What can I do to restore internet functionablility with out having to format and reinstall Windows Thanks -Lydokane-

A:Dial-up connects but can't go anywhere

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lydokane

I have tried to clear out the cash and the history.

...Cache, you mean?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/dial-up-connects-but-cant-go-anywhere-81170.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,

My Vista Home Premium laptop connects to the internet via Belkin wireless router (please click here for pic) but when I try to use IE it says the page cannot be displayed

When I connected it using an Ethernet cable last week at university it did not work either.

I've been back to where I got it from and they were reluctant to help
Does anyone have any idea how I rectify the problem, as it was fine until a few weeks ago when I was trying to solve another problem

Thanks for any help in advance,
Darren

Relevancy 34.4%

Seems I have some sort of infection. Neither ESET or Malwarebytes have been able to clean it.. Running combofix now. I suppose I should post the log when it is complete yes?

A:lkckclckl1i1i.com connects

BTW Windows XP latest service packs installed. Combofix reported rootkits, below are the services and all of the files resides in WINDOWS/system32/DRIVERS/:

Service name
File

abp480n5
ABP480N5.SYS

ACPI
ACPI.sys

adpu160m
adpu160m.sys

AFD
afd.sys

agp440
agp440.sys

agpCPQ
agpCPQ.sys

Aha154x
aha154x.sys

aic78u2
aic78u2.sys

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352287/lkckclckl1i1icom-connects/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I ve been using a wireless setup for home for a couple years I have a Linksys Cisco WRT N wireless router provided by Comcast on my main PC windows XP which is hooked up directly to the modem Yesterday I reset my password on the router and set connects never Wireless up a WEP key to try and hook up a wireless printer This seemed to whack out all my other devices I was able to Wireless never connects re-setup my Squeezebox music player be re-entering the new network name and WEP key but my wife s laptop simply won t connect My settings on the router are as follows Under Wireless gt Wireless Security I have WEP Bit encryption enabled and I set a passphrase and generated keys I am trying to use the first key I set the authentication type to quot shared quot because Squeezebox demands this My network is just named quot linksys quot - I didn t change it So heading over to the laptop also win XP when I open Network Connections the wireless connection is there but says it s not connected BUT when I also get the bubble telling me quot wireless connections are available quot - and clicking that gives me the list - where quot linksys quot is right at the top in full green I click on that In the Wireless Network Wizard and it tells me it s already set up but I hit next anyway and enter my WEP key Nothing happens Double clicking the connection in wireless networks gives me that goofy WCZ service message I have that info handy so I go and start the service but still nothing connects And when the laptop goes to sleep all these settings go bye bye I tried getting the properties of the connection and setting the WEP key there including setting the authentication type to Shared but again no connection This is driving me nuts it shouldn t be this hard especially when I am following directions To make it worse the settings keep dropping Even the WCZ service will stop while I m sitting there working it seems I have it set to automatic The worse thing is when it doesn t work or it tells you that you can t connect you NEVER get a reason why so you have no idea what to try It s the worst designed system ever Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi First of all my ISP sucks quite badly They ve been giving a lot of problems recently But the problem is that whenever I turn Broadband only second try..... connects on on Broadband only connects on second try..... my computer in the mornings and try to connect to the internet the dialogue box just says quot Verifying Username and Password quot for more than seconds until I just cancel it The second time I try it connects straight away This same thing happens each time the computer has just been turned on I have no problems with my modem and I have tried modems and the same thing happens Could it be an issue with my Windows XP even though I recently formatted the hard drive Or is it probably the ISP I also think it takes longer than it should for the green lights to appear on the tray icon It s red for up to or seconds then it turns yellow for a few seconds then it turns green I only try to connect when the lights are green I never used to experience such a slow time for the lights to turn green I have also been getting a lot of random quot Page cannot be displayed quot errors Are there any checks that I can do to see if these problems are on my end Thanks for your help nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

I have two new ThinkPad X1 ultrabooks. The Core I7 will connect to the Jetpack, the Core I5 will not get past the "Checking network requirements." Other than the processor/chipset difference, the books are the same as far as software.Any ideas on what to check. I've tried disabling the firewall.So far, the only WIFI network issue is with the JetPack, other WIFI networks will connect.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/JetPack-Connects-to-one-and-not-another-X1/td-p/3454854
Relevancy 34.4%

I have recently built my own pc and installed windows xp pro on it. When I connect to the internet it dials in fine, password all goes through then I get the lil active connection screens saying connected at 28.8.. yes sad, I hate living rural. When I go to open IE, MSN or Buzzme nothing will connect. I get page cannot be displayed etc. The modem status says its sending and receiving bytes. Im open to any suggestions cause im out of ideas. Thanks for any help.