Windows Support Forum

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Problem

Q: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Problem

Please help,
have installed wireless desktop set, ps2 connection only for keyboard and usb/ps2 connection for mouse. Mouse works fine with either connection, the keyboard is a nightmare.
Works fine on one PC reboots fine and no issues. The other PC doesn't get past POST. Blank screen and no beeps after POST or messages. Both PCs run on XP Professional.
Have even done a total clean install to get rid of any software or device conflicts, only has monitor, keyboard and mouse attached. Works fine with old cabled keyboard and mouse.

PS. works if I boot with old keyboard/mouse and then change over to wireless whilst running but when reboots same old problem

Please please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Problem

Could be that the PC is too old to accomodate a wireless keyboard.
Check that the powersupply for that keyboard-sender is ON before you boot.
You sure it's wireless PS/2 and that the keyboard is not also USB?
If so, check USB settings for keyboard in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-wireless-keyboard-problem.33052/
Relevancy 72.24%

I just ran my Microsoft Windows Update a couple of days ago which included Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (Mouse and Keyboard Center). I think this is the culprit causing my problems. Now both my mousepad on my laptop and my mouse are active at the same time and I am unable to uninstall or turn off the mousepad. I've tried uninstall two different ways and neither worked after restarting and shutting down as per instructions. It is driving me crazy because it is extremely hard to type as the cursor will jump on the page and insert my typed letters into the wrong place. I have to get it uninstalled! Typing this is a nightmare and I am not dragging my thumbs on the pad or touching it in anyway. Any suggestions?

A:Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Update

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-keyboard-microsoft-usb-dual-receiver-wireless-keyboard-mouse-update.1089853/
Relevancy 71.38%

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 4000

The Volume Up and Volume Down keys stopped working. The Mute button still works fine. All other buttons appear to work fine. I tried resetting the keyboard back to the defaults via the IntelliType Pros software but that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Todd

A:Solved: Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Problem

Have you tried reinstalling the Intelli-type software: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/download/download.aspx?category=MK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-problem.753509/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have posted before about this issue but i think i have defined it a little more now. What happens is that keyboard can always be used in BIOS but when I go onto Windows it does not work at all. If i boot using another keyboard the driver Standard 101/102-key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard is instlled automatically and then when i plug the microsoft k/b in it works fine. This driver cannot be downloaded i dont think. As soon as i reboot the driver is gone again and the keybaord doesnt work.
I tried the keyboard in another computer - plugged it in and it worked straight away. Can anyone see what to do?

Relevancy 64.07%

I had to replace my keyboard after 3 1/2 yrs since the keys were sticking and the letters worn off. I bought the Microsoft Wireless Laser 6000 Mouse with the wireless keyboard. It works great with one problem. If I enable "allow this device to bring computer out of Standby" for either the mouse or the keyboard, the computer never goes into a full standby. The fan is always running and so are some other parts of the computer. If I dont configure the mouse or keyboard that way, the computer will go into regular and complete standby but will need to be turned on with the power button to bring it out of standby. The Receiver is USB so Im thinking the reason the computer doesnt completly power down is due to the receiver needing to be active. Is there a work around or do I just stick with using the power button?

A:Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse and Wireless Comfort Keyboard

I'd stick with using the power button

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-laser-mouse-and-wireless-comfort-keyboard.466610/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi to everyone,

I'm a new member and have been using computers at work and home for sometime but only as a novice, my problem is the wireless keyboard has stopped working.
The mouse works fine but the keyboard is now completely non responsive, i've fitted new batteries and have followed the connect instructions but nothing.
The operating system is Vista and by using the on screen keyboard can log in and checked to see if the keyboard is working and the message is YES.
I have purchased another keyboard and mouse ( Microsoft again ) but still the same thing no keyboard, i'm guessing now that it's not the wireless keyboard but the PC itself any ideas please.

Thanks

Metronet

Relevancy 61.06%

I have a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse which work really well but when I reboot, the keyboard shortcuts that I have programmed don't work until I go into properties and click on them and then click ok. The keys then work ok until I reboot again.Is there any way that I can programme the changes so they are the default programmes whenever I reboot. The software loaded fine and I clicked on apply and save when I originally set the keys.....I have a HP Pavilion DV6700 Laptop with windows visa home premium which is about one month old.

A:Microsoft wireless keyboard

Originally Posted by Stefano

I have a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse which work really well but when I reboot, the keyboard shortcuts that I have programmed don't work until I go into properties and click on them and then click ok. The keys then work ok until I reboot again.Is there any way that I can programme the changes so they are the default programmes whenever I reboot. The software loaded fine and I clicked on apply and save when I originally set the keys.....I have a HP Pavilion DV6700 Laptop with windows visa home premium which is about one month old.

Hello Stefano,
Do remember whether you had installed the optional windows update called " other hardware Hid Non-user Input Data Filter" ? This optional is specifically for wireless mice and keyboards. If you don't have that, it could be the root of your problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/147987-microsoft-wireless-keyboard.html
Relevancy 60.2%

hello everybody,

I've been given a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 700:

the first time i've connected the Receiver, XP auto-installed it and the keyboard worked fine.

but after rebooting, the keyboard isnt working any longer. i tried syncing the keyboard, changed the batteries, reinstalled...but it still wont work: do you have any suggestions on how to get it to work?

PLEASE help me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-wireless-keyboard-700-not-working-346501.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Does anyone else here use a wireless keyboard and mouse? My mouse died a couple days ago, so I was going to purchase a new wireless one. Well Bestbuy was sold out of every single wireless mouse except for the $90 ones. I looked over and saw this really nice looking Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse for only $60. I said, heck with it. I bought it, and I love it. Just thought I'd share my experience with you all. I bought the Microsoft "Basic Wireless Optical Desktop"

A:Microsoft Wireless Mouse and Keyboard

So does anyone else use a wireless keyboard/mouse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-wireless-mouse-and-keyboard.9946/
Relevancy 60.2%

I can't find my manual, does anyone know how to program the 5 keys on top of the 4000 wireless keyboard? I don't have an icon to get me to the keyboard software. I want to make these keys start applications, etc. Thanks

Relevancy 60.2%

I've been trying to pair my Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 7000 and have not been having any luck discovering the device. It came with a Laser Mouse 8000 which has paired successfully. Anyone else having a similar issue? I tried searching around, but no luck so far. Thanks for any help in advance.

I also posted this thread under General Discussion because I was unsure what board this question would fit best!

A:Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 7000

hello MrVagabond and welcome..
at what point does the pairing fail?
since you said that the you have successfully paired your mouse this means that it shouldnt be a driver issue (this is a bluetooth pairing correct?) at least with the bluetooth dongle...
is this the first time you pair the device or have you paired it before with another OS in the another system (prefferably a Windows Vista) and can you confirm it works?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/7397-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-7000-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have windows xp . I accidentally pushed some keys the screen is now inverted. How do I get screen back to right side up? The keyboard is microsoft multi media wireless keyboard 1.1

A:microsoft multimedia wireless keyboard 1.1

This isn't a keyboard issue, it's your video driver. They probably have a hotkey that inverts the screen image.

Right click on the Desktop and select properties, Advanced.

Here's the ATI control center for my card and the options I'm talking about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-multimedia-wireless-keyboard-1-1.794565/
Relevancy 60.2%

Windows 8. Dell Studio PC

I have an Excel spreadsheet which I can scroll for viewing when using a projector. It requires the Crtl-Break key to be pressed to stop the scrolling. However, my Microsoft 2000 Wireless Keyboard does not have a Break key and pressing Ctrl-Pause does not work. Does anyone know what key combination will work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-2000-wireless-keyboard.1092045/
Relevancy 60.2%

I would like to ask you for advice with my problem. I installed this wireless keyboard and mouse into fresh new system Windows 7 x64. Everything was ok until first restart. It could not restart any more even if I remove this fancy keyboard. Does anybody have any idea where the problem could be? Is even possible that this wireless item did crash my system?

A:Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000

Hi

Try rebooting with your old keyboard plug in aswell.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/53849-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-3000-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

hello everybody,

I've been given a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 700:

the first time i've connected the Receiver, XP auto-installed it and the keyboard worked fine.

but after rebooting, the keyboard isnt working any longer. i tried syncing the keyboard, changed the batteries, reinstalled...but it still wont work: do you have any suggestions on how to get it to work?
PLEASE help me

A:Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 700 not working !!!

Try disconnecting the USB receiver for the keyboard and reboot. Once Windows is running connect it and see what happens.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-keyboard-700-not-working.801003/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I multimedia Microsoft 1.0A keyboard wireless recently purchased a quot new quot computer nd hand - but reformatted - Dell Optiplex GX I have only recently connected a wireless keyboard to it it was a keyboard mouse combo I used for years on my old computer with no hassles but the mouse didn t scroll up nicely anymore - just worn out - so now I only have the wireless keyboard from that set I also attached a new Logitech wireless mouse that works fine My problem is this when I first connected the keyboard it appeared to work fine - but ALMOST none of the extra features worked I figured that was because I hadn t installed the driver yet - so that is what I did Microsoft intellitype pro Microsoft wireless multimedia keyboard 1.0A BEFORE I installed the quot necessary quot driver some of the specialty keys worked email for example after installing the quot necessary quot driver only the basic keys work - none of the extra multimedia keys Anybody have any ideas It seems weird that installing the relevant driver would reduce funtionality rather than improve it nbsp

A:Microsoft wireless multimedia keyboard 1.0A

After reading another forum, I just happened up on one liner that solved my problem.
The receiver has 2 jacks; a USB for the mouse [that I no longer use - as previously mentioned] and a purple PS-2 jack for the keyboard.
I read in the other forum that you could use just the USB jack to power both. So I removed my $22 PS-2 to USB adapter from the keyboard jack and plugged in the USB jack [which hadn't been plugged in because it was solely for the mouse [or so I thought].
Now the multimedia keys work fine.
Gee, thanks Erwin0265 for solving my problem - lol.
Seriously though, I hope that this post may help others having sinilar problems.
Cheers
Erwin0265

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-multimedia-keyboard-1-0a.634991/
Relevancy 60.2%

hi!...i bought a wireless keyboard/optical mouse set but the keyboard is malfunctioning
the mouse is fine...

i still have my old keyboard plugged in...i've tried taking it out and just leaving the new one in but it still does the same thing...

whenever i plug it in....it opens up MY DOCUMENTS folder and WINDOWS MESSENGER, and leaves 5-7 random characters (because i plugged it in whilst wordpad was the active application)

by "plug it in" i mean just inserting the final battery...

hopefully u guys can help!!!!..thanks

Relevancy 60.2%

hi

i have a french keyboard (azerty)

i have problems with the Alt Gr button

nothing is correct

example

alt gr + ( --> [
alt gr + ) --> ]

equal sign button --> !

my driver:
thanks for your support

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/45498-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-2000-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, I have the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 and Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 that both use the same USB receiver. I've had them for over a year with absolutely no problems. However, I unplugged my USB receiver as I have done many times before and then plugged it back in. The mouse carried on working as usual but the keyboard didn't work at all. I tried new USB ports, a different computer and a laptop and nothing works. I have tried new batteries and the little green light in the bottom right comes on but it still doesn't work.

Thanks.

A:Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 not working.

Hi James the link below might be of some help Though i think you have done every thing possible to get the keyboard working

Troubleshoot response failures in wireless keyboard or mouse

Sorry I can not suggest any thing else Maybe some other member might be able to enlighten you better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/285737-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-800-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Installed new key & mouse.Everything worked fine for couple of weeks. then key & mouse started freezing up about once an hour. Checked sending unit and now 2 lights showing instead of one. Installed new unit and single light is on and working good for a week, then started freezing again and 2 lights on the sender.Changed the sending unit with new one and after a period of thime same problem. Stumped !
IntelPentium4 3.20GHz 1.00GB of Ram, Win.XP Pro.
Kaspersky Pro Virus Scan.

Relevancy 60.2%

I have recently had to replace my old wireless keyboard.

I decided on the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 6000 due to it's curvy keyboard.

I can't fault the keyboard in anyway except I am now finding that the function keys on the keyboard are pre-programmed!!!

There are 5 keys which can be programmed and I'd like to be able to use them for things such as rename (used to be F2 on my previous keyboard) etc.

Does anybody know how I can re-program this particular keyboard?

Can somebody also tell me the keyboard shortcuts etc?

Thanks

Dave

Relevancy 59.77%

Up until a month ago my life was good. PC worked fine. Then one day a blue screen showed up and I took my PC to the shop. It went in and out 3 times. It would lock up everytime I tried to type from the wireless keyboard that I have had for months before the trip to the repair shop. My PC will only accept a basic keyboard. I have downloaded the software driver from Microsoft but it still won't work.

All fixed thank you for your support! The keyboard was fried...I found out after I reformatted the drive and reinstalled windows and the basic keyboard worked and the wireless one did not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-desktop-elite-keyboard.246849/
Relevancy 59.77%

bluetooth connection wizard in xp2 won't recognize and therefore add this device, despite repeated attempts to troubleshoot.

A:microsoft wireless entertainment keyboard 7000

Please provide more information as to what you've tried.

Have you tried new batteries and pressing the connect buttons on both the receiver and the keyboard? Have you installed the Microsoft IntelliType software: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/m...ion=IntelliType Pro 6.2 32-bit for Windows XP

Do you also have a wireless bluetooth mouse? Does it work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-entertainment-keyboard-7000.698288/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Just started with windows coming from XP same PC fresh install of Win I've had my USB Microsoft Wirless multimedia keyboard and mouse for a few Microsoft keyboard intermitently working wireless years now and it has never let me down I have not installed any specific drivers for it on Win it was working from the off so i left it at that But on two occasions although the multi-media keys Microsoft wireless keyboard working intermitently still work open explorer email volume etc the alpha and numeric keys stop working Windows gives me a quot dink quot sound when i press them but nothing actually types in a search field or whatever in fact for some keypresses other things or messages start popping up from IE for example like the key mapping has gone crazy On the first occasion this happened i was installing a game Call of duty world at war and noticed the problem after the install had finished The second time I was ripping a Blu-ray to my HDD with CLown BD ANYDVDHD etc Although I didn't realise it at first the mouse has also been playing up in the form of not working when i double click to open a file instead it opened a properties window Only a re-start cures these issues when they happen I've checked the batteries so its not that Checked microsoft updates relative- no joy Checked the quot update driver quot but windows found no better driver than the one being used Installed latest intellitype software too Any ideas

A:Microsoft wireless keyboard working intermitently

I have the same exact mouse&keyboard as you. I've been using them since beta and they've worked fine for me. For me I simply plugged the receiver in, and let it DL and install the drivers on it's own. No extra maintenance or drivers necessary. (also all of my keys function perfectly) I have several games downloaded to my computer as well. btw I think you mean 'modern warfare 2' They might have gone bad somehow. :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/99101-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-working-intermitently.html
Relevancy 59.77%

im bought new MCK 9000 Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Combo
. Anyone got them?

Because i need know how to press Printscreen. i dont know how to, find which press first then Printscreen.

i know its normal keyboard, its press shift then printscreen but different keyboard!

nothing say in manual!

Anyone help me!

cheers

A:Solved: Microsoft Wireless Office Pro Keyboard

Done. its turn 'Office Lock' off, then press and hold shift and press 'Print Screen', then click 'Paint', click 'edit' and then click 'Paste'. Thats it!!!!

Thats why its not working because its 'Office Lock' is on!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-wireless-office-pro-keyboard.376443/
Relevancy 59.77%

My brother received a wireless keyboard and mouse and asked me to install it tomorrow, i dont have one and never installed one. All i know is it is made by microsoft, he is running XP
Is it difficult to install

Thank you

Dan

A:Solved: Microsoft Wireless keyboard and Mouse

Nope, real easy. I have a Logitech set, and all it took was plugging it in to a USB port (mine has a 'base station' for the wireless mouse which is also the receiver etc), and installing the drivers. Then once installed, press the 'connect' button on bottom of mouse and kb. Yours is probably very similar.

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse.529277/
Relevancy 59.77%

Please help,
have installed wireless desktop set, ps2 connection only for keyboard and usb/ps2 connection for mouse. Mouse works fine with either connection, the keyboard is a nightmare.
Works fine on one PC reboots fine and no issues. The other PC doesn't get past POST. Blank screen and no beeps after POST or messages. Both PCs run on XP Professional.
Have even done a total clean install to get rid of any software or device conflicts, only has monitor, keyboard and mouse attached. Works fine with old cabled keyboard and mouse.

PS. works if I boot with old keyboard/mouse and then change over to wireless whilst running but when reboots same old problem

Please please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-comfort-wireless-keyboard-problems-68891.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I use Windows XP Sp3 on my desktop computer with a Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A. After having tro re-install XP, I have lost the use of the My Documents, My Pictures and My Music buttons although the WebHome and Mail buttons still work. I don't appear to have a software CD for it and it was pre-installed by my computer supplier. Can anyone please tell me how I can bring the dead buttons to life please? Do I need to get software for the purpose? I couldn't find software on a Google search.

A:Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Buttons Dead

Yes, you need to install the keyboard software to access any special keys.

The software you need is a free download from Microsoft called Intellitype: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26949

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-keyboard-buttons-dead.1086541/
Relevancy 59.77%

Microsoft Wireless keyboard v mouse v I have been having problems with my wireless keyboard and mouse on my new Windows bit pc Frequently the transceiver goes in and out Therefore I have to move the transceiver to another usb port The products start working fine then I get the BSOD and have to restart my computer When I restart there are no more problems for that session 6000 and mou with wireless v3.0 keyboard Microsoft BSOD However when I shut my pc down for a period of time and start up again later in the day I BSOD with Microsoft wireless keyboard 6000 v3.0 and mou get the BSOD after like minutes in At that time I have to start up my pc again Which again I have no further issues for that session The mouse cursor stops moving right before the BSOD The drivers on the mouse keyboard and transceiver are up to date I have replaced the batteries I dont know what else to do Could someone please help me I cringe every time I see the BSOD and have to start after improper shutdown It is getting frustrating I had no prior problems with my wireless keyboard and mouse on my old pc vista I have an ASUS CG desktop and it came preinstalled with Windows I've managed to take a picture of the BSOD Could someone please help Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD with Microsoft wireless keyboard 6000 v3.0 and mou

Quote: Originally Posted by hyperdisease

Microsoft Wireless keyboard 6000 v 3.0/mouse 6000 v2.0

I have been having problems with my wireless keyboard and mouse on my new Windows 7 64 bit pc. Frequently, the transceiver goes in and out. Therefore I have to move the transceiver to another usb port. The products start working fine then I get the BSOD and have to restart my computer. When I restart, there are no more problems for that session.

However, when I shut my pc down for a period of time and start up again later in the day, I get the BSOD after like 10 minutes in. At that time, I have to start up my pc again. Which again, I have no further issues for that session. The mouse cursor stops moving right before the BSOD.

The drivers on the mouse, keyboard and transceiver are up to date. I have replaced the batteries. I dont know what else to do.
Could someone please help me?

I cringe every time I see the BSOD and have to start after improper shutdown. It is getting frustrating. I had no prior problems with my wireless keyboard and mouse on my old pc (vista).

I have an ASUS CG5290 desktop and it came preinstalled with Windows 7. I've managed to take a picture of the BSOD. Could someone please help?!?!?

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

We really need the actual dmp files use these to find and upload it http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

thanks

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/58386-bsod-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-6000-v3-0-mou.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I just bought a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combination. The KB is model 800 and the mouse is model 1000. I just noticed, in Device Manage, both are shown as HID Compliant and I wonder why the don't show up as Microsoft devices. Should I be concerned?

Thank you.

A:Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse -- Hid compliant

Hello jsquareg,

USB human interface device class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps,
John

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311891-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-mouse-hid-compliant.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000
IOGEER KVM Switch

My keyboard stopped typing numbers after 7 on the top, numbers after 3 on the number pad and all characters to the right of  including the letter P. 

This setup has worked for me just fine for about six months.
Here are the steps I've taken:
1.  Replaced batteries on the keyboard and mouse
2.  Unplugged and plugged in the USB Receiver for the mouse/keyboard (it is plugged into the front USB 2.0 port)
3.  Unplugged and plugged in the KVM Switch
Any suggestions here?

Also, I see keyboard and mouse ports can I use them for other devices?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a91ff06d-a4bf-4ef7-8361-379287ac0973/microsoft-wireless-keyboard-3000-some-keys-not-working?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 58.91%

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000
IOGEER KVM Switch

My keyboard stopped typing numbers after 7 on the top, numbers after 3 on the number pad and all characters to the right of  including the letter P. 

This setup has worked for me just fine for about six months.
Here are the steps I've taken:
1.  Replaced batteries on the keyboard and mouse
2.  Unplugged and plugged in the USB Receiver for the mouse/keyboard (it is plugged into the front USB 2.0 port)
3.  Unplugged and plugged in the KVM Switch
Any suggestions here?

Also, I see keyboard and mouse ports can I use them for other devices?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a91ff06d-a4bf-4ef7-8361-379287ac0973/microsoft-wireless-keyboard-3000-some-keys-not-working?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.91%

I have had this keyboard for around 2 years now, and it has always been functioning pretty well. Now, when I try to use the volume control keys on my keyboard they don't work anymore. I have the correct driver for my Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v.2, and the most up to date Intellitype software needed for the keyboard from the Microsoft website. All the other keys on my keyboard are functioning but the volume control keys. Any help would be appreciated!

A:Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v. 2 not responding to all keys

It seems that I've solved my own problem. After searching around on the internet I found this link "Resolve Hotkeys or Volume control keys not working on Microsoft keyboards"

After going through all the methods recommended, the fourth one worked out for me. The problem was that my Human Interface Device Access was not on. The volume controls started working for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/185754-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-3000-v-2-not-responding-all-keys.html
Relevancy 58.91%

i recently got a new wireless Microsoft keyboard Mouse combo The mouse is too large for my hand I do a lot of Photoshop and my hand is killing me so I tried to install my old Logitec comfortable mouse No go I downloaded the newest Vista bit drivers for both The Microsoft keyboard has a stick-type USB The Logitec mouse has a little USB thingie that sits on the desk Only one of them will work at a time I've tried every configuration I can think of and can't get them both to work at the same time The thing is when I got this new computer with Vista they both worked together fine until I installed a new video card Now they won't play nice together at all The mouse hangs once in a while and akthough I have set it to be as precise as it can be it isn't My Wacom tablet mouse won't work either or I would be happy using that Any ideas would be greatly appreciated LyndaB

A:How to hook up a Microsoft wireless keyboard with Logitec mouse

Originally Posted by LyndaB

i recently got a new wireless Microsoft keyboard/Mouse combo. The mouse is too large for my hand. I do a lot of Photoshop and my hand is killing me, so I tried to install my old Logitec (comfortable) mouse. No go..
I downloaded the newest Vista 64 bit drivers for both. The Microsoft keyboard has a stick-type USB. The Logitec mouse has a little USB thingie that sits on the desk. Only one of them will work at a time.I've tried every configuration I can think of and can't get them both to work at the same time. The thing is, when I got this new computer (with Vista) they both worked together fine..until I installed a new video card. Now they won't play nice together at all.The mouse hangs once in a while and akthough I have set it to be as precise as it can be..it isn't.
My Wacom tablet mouse won't work either, or I would be happy using that.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..
LyndaB

For your Logitech mouse DONT use the microsoft driver,just download and install the driver from the:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/su...oads/&cl=us,en
Advice:live some space between the resievers,especially if they are not a bluetooth is better to put them high for better signal.You can use a usb external cable.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/206771-how-hook-up-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-logitec-mouse.html
Relevancy 58.91%

When I type in Word 2010, frequently my keyboard will refuse to type. It will type a couple letters and then I have to wait to get it to go on. Then it will type a few more, etc. Another time it will type without an issue. Very annoying! I have changed the battery. Any suggestions?

A:Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 not working right

Try uninstalling and re-installing the driver that I assume you got with it, you could also check the manufacturer's website to see if there are any updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/246282-microsoft-wireless-comfort-keyboard-5000-not-working-right.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Since installation of WIN 7, I have a problem with the reading of my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A. I need to restart 3-4 times in order to get connected. I have unistalled and re-installed the original Microsoft driver for win7 64 bit but the problem persists.
The mouse works fine.
Does anyone have a suggestion please?

Thanks in advance.

A:win 7 doesn't read microsoft wireless comfort keyboard

Hi NKS,

Does this thread describe the same problem you are having? Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A not recognized by new Vista Home premium

When you say you've uninstalled and reinstalled the original Microsoft driver, do you mean:You uninstalled the existing driver and let Windows 7 find the right driver on its own, via the web?Or, you installed the drivers that came with the keyboard (on the CD) over the existing drivers?Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/74969-win-7-doesnt-read-microsoft-wireless-comfort-keyboard.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a new Packard Bell Imedia A5518 UK computer with AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Processor, 4.00.GB Ram, 32 bit Operating System, running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1.

I installed my Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse and Keyboard 5000 and Wireless Desktop Receiver 3.1, with a USB connection (a Xmas present from my wife!), instead of the wired mouse and keyboard which came with the computer. The wireless mouse works perfectly but the keyboard doesn't work at all. I have tried to find information of conflicts with Vista on Microsoft Maze, but no luck, although there are many, many other conflicts shown on their website. I have also looked for any updated drivers, again with no success.

I am having to use the wired keyboard and mouse, but want to use the wireless set if possible. I would be grateful if anyone resolve this problem for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-laser-keyboard-5000-conflict.859721/
Relevancy 58.48%

Can it be done? They are both transceivers made for 2.4GHz signals. Is there any way to make em work on the same channel?

A:Pairing Microsoft Wireless keyboard 3000 v2 with Sidewinder x8 transceiver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pairing-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-3000-v2-with-sidewinder-x8-transceiver.1010093/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello i have a few problems today first like mentioned above my microsoft keyboard freezes my computer i built in august when it says quot starting windows quot before the picture shows up on windows and the only way it ll work is if i unplug it and then load windows and plug it back in but i have to use an ps keyboard i soon wont have to select start windows normally from having to shut it off so can anyone help and tell me what the problem may be I also have another issue with a computer i built for my brother recently for christmas it wont let me install windows computer starting wireless Microsoft keyboard when windows freezes or vista on a seagate gb Microsoft wireless keyboard freezes computer when starting windows drive and i even tryed linux with two dvd drives but got an i error on unbuntu and linspire linux I believe it may be going Microsoft wireless keyboard freezes computer when starting windows to die because when i put it in my computer it says status bad backup and replace it did not say that at first and it only says it on my motherboard a biostar gx m but not on a gigabyte ma lm-s h motherboard anyway when i put my western digital drive in the new computer it wont boot the already installed windows bit on it it either freeze at the graphics logo or keeps restarts after that and one time i got it to load to the login but took forever so i shut down it works fine on mine so is this driver related or hardware i will list hardware if needed these are both amd pcs The reason i tryed this because the windows bit installer wouldnt let me install on a partition and says quot could not find any drives quot unless i refresh and i tryed reformating and loading drivers from the gigabyte cd and everything I m either going to send back the hdd or the motherboard its going to cost me i hope i can get another for christmas though nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

All of the sudden , I have no volume control whatsoever on my Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5000 Keyboard . I am using Intellipoint 8.2 and I think that is part of the problem . I don't think I am the only one with this problem. Any ideas?

A:No Volume Control , Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5000 Keyboard

I used to have volume control with my Microsoft Media Keyboard, but suddenly it was not working anymore.
I reinstalled the included drivers and the problem went away.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/273240-no-volume-control-microsoft-wireless-comfort-5000-keyboard.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I picked up a used Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard off of Craigslist and really like it a lot - except for one very annoying Wireless Keys Keyboard Comfort Function 5000 Microsoft thing - the function keys don t work as they are supposed to Specifically I always used the quot save quot function key formerly F on my old wired keyboard and made things much faster for me when transcribing Now if I hit the F key which is supposed to be the save key it starts my transcription software ExpressScribe dictation and starts it in the v-e-r-y slow speed What s up with that It doesn t help if I try to reprogram the key - and yes my function lock key is on Any thoughts I have to physically pick my hand up off the keyboard go to my mouse and hit the little quot save as quot icon that I have added to my quick access toolbar ribbon sigh - Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 Function Keys really Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 Function Keys slows a girl down ya know Thanks for any suggestions nbsp

A:Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 Function Keys

Did you install the intellitype software?
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/downloads

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-wireless-comfort-keyboard-5000-function-keys.1059847/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 however there is a button that I don't know what is it for!! and it is also not mentioned in the manual!!

thank you, Khalid

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f2221998-4060-4699-adb7-f5f4c4677dfa/unknown-button-funcutionality-for-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-3000?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all,
Does anyone know why a Microsoft wireless mouse / keyboard combo. would cause a computer to be very slow booting up? By slow, I mean many, many minutes. I think the wireless receiver says it's version 2.1 This is a friends computer, and I don't have it in front of me right now. It is a newer computer, with XP so there isn't a problem with it being short on memory, or processor speed.
Thanks!

A:Microsoft wireless mouse / keyboard combo causes very slow boot.

Have you tried ps2 mouse and keyboard and are saying it is slow with the wireless setting ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-wireless-mouse-keyboard-combo-causes-very-slow-boot-146796.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v.2.0 Favorites Open Firefox not in IE9.

How do I get the favorites 1,2,3,4,5 keys to open URL's in IE9 not Firefox?

A:Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v.2.0 Favorites Keys Open in Firefox not in IE9

Whatever method you use to open your web-browser, your default web browser will open. So you need to make IE9 your default web browser.

Or, if the keyboard was supplied with software, you may need to make sure that the keyboard is set to open Internet Explorer using that software's settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/microsoft-wireless-keyboard-3000-v-2-0-favorites-keys-open-in-firefox-not-in-ie9-647292.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I am about to do a clean installation of Windows XP-Home Edition and am using a Microsoft wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse. Until now, the receiver for these has been connected via USB, but having read other posts surrounding this subject, I have now connected via PS2 and everything is working OK.

I think that I should now be able to complete the installation without any trouble from the keyboard or mouse and that Windows will "recognise" them in the same way as wired items.

Am I correct here, or would the recommendation be to go down the "wired" route until the installation is complete ?

A:Solved: XP - Clean Installation. Microsoft wireless keyboard and Optical mouse.

I recently installed XP using the same rig, also connected to the PS/2 socket. It went fine, no sweat.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-clean-installation-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-and-optical-mouse.442902/
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently bought a new Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse bundle and ever since I installed it my screen saver stopped workin. I've tried everything in terms of changing delay times, enableing 7 diabling it etc, nothing seems to help.

I am running Xp SP2 and the keyboard & mause are: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Comfort Edition.

any similar experiences?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-saver-stopped-working-when-i-bought-a-microsoft-wireless-keyboard-mouse.497294/
Relevancy 55.9%

I bought a new wireless internet keyboard and laser mouse yesterday but when i install the software in the computer only the wireless keyboard works but not the wireless laser mouse.....when I install software I leave the other mouse in to control everything...do you think it is because of that...but if I dont leave the other mouse in how am I going to control things to install software....Could Somebody Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-and-wireless-laser-mouse-problem.607535/
Relevancy 54.18%

I seem to have a problem with the driver for my keyboard running Vista Beta2The automated problemsolving suggest i download and install the IntelliType Pro 5.5Done that been there ,BUT ....... can't install the aplication .... instalation reports that I need Win XP or Winn 2000 to run the software ....... Hmm Anyone got a working solution ? , since Vista only loads a standard keyboard driver half the time i boot up the system

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fa3c0112-ad7d-48af-aed1-505d5af4ed7f/microsoft-keyboard-driver-problem?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 54.18%

My first thread so please be patient with me.

I have a problem with my mouse that freezes.
It mainly happens if I switch the computer power off from the socket in the wall or there is a power cut. If I switch on my computer and press any key my mouse freezes. The only way out of this is to again reboot and then delete Microsoft intellitype Pro5.2 and Intellipiont 5.2 from my computer and then again reboot.
If at a later time I get the same problem I then reboot and reload the two micosoft problems.
This problem can sometimes happen without the loss of power.

Baldrickk

A:Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse Problem

Generally you should use the power button on the computer to shut down
The power button signals the motherboard that it is ready to shut down and Windows begins a series of steps to ensure that it is done correctly.
I will do things like save anything that is open.
If it doesnt know where to save something it will ask you.
It also take anything in its own memory and assure that it is safely on the HDD.

Just turning it off at the wall is the same as a power outage and important data could be lost.
I cant say for certain that this is your issue but it is possible that the driver settings arent being fully saved due to improper shut down and thus causing an issue.

On a side note I use a intellipoint mouse and never load the software for it.
When Windows starts it creates the mouse driver and works fine.

Im not certain what the intellitype software does exactly but I am using a MS keyboard with no additional software.
Perhaps your keyboard has extra keys or multimedia buttons on it but if not try to not use any software and see how it goes.

Over the years I have found that it is best to let windows decide what is best for it and not load any extra programs or drivers unless necessary.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-keyboard-and-mouse-problem-435633.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I have a US keyboard on my laptop and have used MKLC to add a uk pound sign as that is the only change I wanted to make with the layout. It has saved the custom layout in my documents. It is supposed to be automatically added to the list of options in control panel keyboard options but it isn't there. I have searched online but can't find any instructions for this software that I can understand. If anyone can give me any ides what I'm doing wrong I'd be grateful.

Also a second issue with the keyboard is the ' and " on the first key depression nothing happens then on the second you get 2 of the characters, ie. '' and "" so everytime you need to type it you have to backspace one, which is a bit tedious. Is there an easy remedy for this please? Thanks.

A:Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator problem

I have the same issue , did you manage to resolve it , if so can you help me

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/75753-microsoft-keyboard-layout-creator-problem.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I was having computer problems and I haven t been able to use my desktop Keyboard Ergonomic 4000 Microsoft Natural Problem. for the past week until late yesterday night when I fixed it I had a software problem it was PresentationFontCache exe I was already kind of disappointed with Microsoft for that bug which caused me to not Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Problem. be able to use Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 Problem. my computer until I could fix it Well yesterday when I first turned it on the keyboard worked fine Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard until I plugged in my new Microsoft mouse It tried installing drivers for my keyboard and it messed everything up The keyboard works fine on startup f etc but once I m at the login screen the keyboard doesn t respond at all It works fine on all of my other computers which all run Windows I have Windows Professional Like I said the keyboard worked fine until it installed the drivers for my mouse which for some reason made it attempt to install drivers for my keyboard again which made my keyboard unusable with my computer Also system restore doesn t do anything to fix the issue How on earth can I fix this The control panel even detects the name for the device but not the picture and says it needs troubleshooting yet when I do the troubleshooting thing it doesn t do anything to fix it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000-problem.1141209/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I recently bought a MS Digital Media Pro due to recommendations from people in my Counter Strike team, but I'm having problems with the keyboard not recognising certain key combinations when using the Ctrl key. For example, I can't press W, Space and Ctrl at the same time, meaning if I want to jump while walking I have to stop moving. It also happens when pressing Ctrl, W and Tab, meaning I can't look at the scores while walking forward.

I've installed the newest drivers with no success, and can't find any other help on the internet, but I have found people with the same problem as me. Any ideas of how to fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-microsoft-digital-media-pro-keyboard-in-games.447896/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there

I have difficulty adding the Zero Width Non Joiner (U+200C) character to Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (MKLC.)

I'm trying to create a layout and to add ZWNJ to my space character when pressing Shift, but when I try to do so the program shows this annoying message: "Characters assigned to the SPACE KEY in any shift state must be spacing characters."

Actually u+200c is a spacing character, but seemingly it's not defined for the program.

Any idea how to fix it?

A:problem adding u+200c to Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

So any solution?

Should I open MSKLC.exe in vb.net and patch the program manually so I can define u+200c (ZWNJ) for the Space key parameters? and if so... which parameter should I edit?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542285/problem-adding-u200c-to-microsoft-keyboard-layout-creator/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello TSG'ers

Recently I hooked up a brand new wireless keyboard and mouse on my newly built PC. For many months these two pieces of hardware worked very well.

Last night I had my first problem, the wireless keyboard would not recognize my password after booting up.

Confused, since this is the only password the machine has ever had, I finally swapped out the keyboard since I ran out of ideas (yes, caps were off when I entered my passsword)

The hardwired keyboard took the password no problem.

Could there be a button pushed or set on this keyboard that I dont know about that could account for this problem.

How can I get my wiireless keyboard to operate correctly any diagnostic I can run to reset the defaults ?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 52.46%

The letters I type on my wireless keyboard are not the ones that show up on my screen.
I did (at one point) clean some gunk out of the keyboard. That was when this started.
Is there anyway to fix this problem?
Thanks
Shelleybear

A:Wireless Keyboard Problem

You may have damaged some circuitry in the keyboard. If you used a lot of liquid try letting it dry in the sun and it make yet work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-problem.736543/
Relevancy 52.46%

This is a HP Presario C700 laptop, OS Win7 Home 32bit. I got the wireless keyboard/mouse because of problems the cursor doing random jumps while I type and random numbers and letters been placed were they don't belong. like a ghost had control of the laptop. Tonight I was typing a new post on the wireless keyboard. Part of the sentence was "when the swr/power meter". When l looked up I had "when the swr/poweeeeeeeeeeeeeermeter" When I tried to use the backspace key to clean up the mess. The backspace button came up but the backspace was still erasing everything that I typed. I had to restart the post again. What gives?

Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/383318-re-problem-wireless-keyboard.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently purchased a A4tech GKS-2570 Wireless Left Handed Keyboard & Mouse Combo to replace an older model. I did not hook it right away because I needed to clean off my desk and PC.

One key, the "o" key has to be pressed all the way down or else it will not respond. You can feel the difference from the other keys. The other keys are more sensitive to touch as they should be, but that darn o key is giving me fits.

I have contacted the company, Ergoman, and they have not responded. They were responding quickly prior to and during my purchase. They even responded quickly when I contacted them about the missing batteries that were supposed to come with Keyboard and Mouse.

In the event they do not respond is there a way to fix a key with this type of problem?

A:Wireless Keyboard problem with one key

I would contact them about a warranty replacement. Unless their warranty expired the day you payed for the Keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-problem-with-one-key.1023893/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys I have just installed a new PC running XP Pro SP and have gone through the quot fun quot process with Wireless problem Keyboard.... MS of reinstalling all my old HW SW etc and have come accross a probably minor but bloody annoying problem with my MS Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard in that it cannot be recognised as such by the system Even when I have installed the new Intellitype SW it still is called quot Standard PS keyboard quot and I cannot even get it to work No keys are recognised Howwever my old basic keyboard works just problem with MS Wireless Keyboard.... fine Previously I had no such problem with the Desktop Elite I checked on the MS helpdesk and there was mention of an old problem like this that SP would fix I have tried several times to uninstall the device through device manager but each time it recognises it as a Standard PS Keyboard The Wireless Intellimouse Explorer that it came with works fine If anyone has had any experience with this or has any advice on what to do short of throwing the damn thing away I would be very grateful Cheers Aquaboy written on a very old keyboard nbsp

A:problem with MS Wireless Keyboard....

You say you just installed the os so I take it that you have no files as of yet on your computer that you would want to save? Your old sorfware is your problem as it sounds. Can you do a clean install of the os with the new hardware installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-ms-wireless-keyboard.429205/
Relevancy 52.46%

Please help--I have 2 wireless keyboard (Microsft Wireless Laser Keyboard 5000 & 6000) and both have the same problem--They Don't work.

When I put in fresh batteries the little green light in the upper right corner stays lit for maybe 15 seconds and then dies out (checked the batteries and they are fine) . The keyoboard is totally unresponsive. The strange part is that both the 5000 & 6000 came with wireless mouse(s) and they work fine (so I know it's not the wirless connection). The device manager says that eveything is working fine --unfortunately in reality nothing works.

Any reccomendations would be appreciated so I can get rid of all these wires!--Thanks!

A:Wireless Keyboard Problem

There should be a "connect" button on the reciever, and under the Keyboard {it may be tiny, so have a pencil or paperclip handy}.

On most Wireless setups, you press the Reciever one 1st, then the Keyboard and hopefully they'll begin talking...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-keyboard-problem.93315/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi there I ve never had to ask a question over the net about my laptops problems before so forgive me if i haven t done something ovbious Basically i bought a wireless combo set mouse and keyboard I followed the instructions and the mouse worked fine The keyboard didn t I replaced the batteries but it still didn t work So i took the package back and then got a better set Followed instructions again and the same thing happened Mouse works brilliant but keyboard doesn t However on this keyboard i got some hot keys Problem Keyboard Wireless unlike the previous keyboard i bought The hot keys work fine However when typing the keys do not work When i type the blue connect button flashes so it is definetly picking up the signal I don t know what is wrong and after hours of searching the internet i didn t find a solution or anyone else with the same problem I ve downloaded the correct and updated drivers and installed them Wireless Keyboard Problem and nothing has changed Product Gembird Combo Set Name KBS- -UK Keyboard Name MK My Laptop is Manufacturer Acer Model TravelMate Edition Wireless Keyboard Problem Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack If anyone can help me i would be enternally grateful Wireless Keyboard Problem nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

My MS wireless keyboard got wet (let's just say an incontinent 20 yr old cat was involved!)-and was dead for a few days but then worked like new again after cleaning/drying out. Took it on a trip and when I got back, it was dead again. After pulling it apart, it responded again but the key mapping was all off. Eg, when I hit the down arrow, it types "orc", and the s key is now "caps lock"...............
Wondering if anyone has any ideas about this?

A:Wireless keyboard key mapping problem.

Update: cleaned contacts again and now I'm only missing a few keys:spacebar/numbers 5, 7, 8. I remapped those so it's useable, but am wondering if there's a way to get those keys back?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-key-mapping-problem.677470/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm having a problem using my wireless keyboard. I have a DYNEX Wireless Optical Mouse and Multimedia Keyboard Combination, which uses the same receiver for both the mouse and keyboard. What I think is really the weird part is that the mouse works just fine, but it's only the keyboard that doesn't work. I checked in Everest Home Edition, and neither devices show up at all, and in device manager, on of the USB Human Interface Devices has the Yellow Exclamation Point Circle over the picture. When I double click on the device, it says this under device status:

Code:
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
If there is anything else you would like me to post to help you know what is wrong and how to fix it, just let me know and I will do my best to get it for you.
Thanks!
Purkinje

A:[SOLVED] Problem with wireless keyboard

USB wireless keyboard and mouses are known to be sources of problems.

Here's what microsoft has to say about that error 39 :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

First thing : check the batteries that are in the keyboard.

Then make sure you have installed the proper driver for that wireless mouse and keyboard. You'll find it here :
http://www.dynexproducts.com/pc-371-...cal-mouse.aspx
Check that this corresponds to the model you have before you unzip and install the drivers.

If you've already done that then in the device manager, double-click the problematic device, go to the driver tab and click on roll back driver. If that doesn't work then right-click => uninstall that device, unplug all your USB devices (use a PS/2 keyboard and mouse) and restart the computer. Once in Windows replug the receiver for your wireless keyboard and mouse and see whether it's redetected correctly.

Since when have you had that problem ? Have you installed anything new ? If nothing of the above worked then go to start => all programs => accessories => system tools => system restore and restore the system to before the problem happened (select a date in bold). Your personal data will be fine but you may need to reinstall the windows updates and the programs you may have installed since then.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-problem-with-wireless-keyboard-183609.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I purchased a wireless keyboard and mouse and I love it. Here's the problem. When I leave the computer and come back later, my screen saver isn't working. Is this normal? Is there a fix? I'm running ME. Thanks

A:Wireless keyboard and mouse problem

whats the setting on the screen saver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-problem.400284/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Guys!

I just brought a Logitech Combo of Wireless Keyboard Mouse and installed the same. The problem is that even if I switch off the Computer, the lazer in the mouse is on. This means that the mouse is always active and the same must be happening with the Keyboard also. Now, this would drain off the batteries very soon. Is there a way to switch off the Mouse and Keyboard when not in use.

Please dont say to take off the batteries as this would be the dumbest idea. BTW, how long will my battery last if my computer is on all 24 hrs.

Thank you.

A:Wireless Keyboard Mouse Problem?

Chances are very good that it shuts down automatically after some period of time and re-activates when you touch it. That battery will last quite a while. But I need to replace my mouse battery fairly often (which is why I use rechargeables) but the kb battery has lasted more than a year.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-mouse-problem.683677/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I just recently received a new computer I ordered online from Futureshop My problem is that the wireless keyboard that the system came with is not working What I mean by not working is that when I press a button nothing HP Keyboard Multimedia problem Wireless happens Not one button provokes a response My wireless mouse works fine however my keyboard does not The model number is URF K I pressed the HP Wireless Multimedia Keyboard problem quot Connect quot button on the back multiple times yet no response occured I have tried restarting my computer multiple times plugging in the USB receiver in different usb ports and even put new batteries in However all failed to produce a result Whats even weirder is HP Wireless Multimedia Keyboard problem that when I go to control panel and go to hard ware and HP Wireless Multimedia Keyboard problem then under the category of quot Keyboard quot I click the quot Check the Keyboard Status quot and I see under devices quot HID Keyboard Device quot supposedly the wireless keyboard It then says the location is on USB Human Interface Device and the Device Status is quot This Device is working Properly quot I click on properties of device and go to drivers and there is no indication of need for driver updates or anything of the sort Checking the program list I find that I have a driver called quot Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard Solution quot Should I find another driver and uninstall this one Reinstall it If so is there a specific site I should obtain a certain version from Currently I am typing this by connecting a keyboard to a usb port on my computer however my wireless keyboard remains unresponsive Another weird quirk is that when I plug in a keyboard into the purple keyboard input that keyboard also gets no response however it does turn on as in the lights and other things do go on Please help and thank you for taking the time to read through all this crap nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

i just bought a ms wireless multimedia keyboard and wireless mouse, it mostly works great, except for that when i try to use the keyboard on one of my two user profiles, it doesn't work. i've tried all the usb ports (don't have a usb ps/2 converter), restarting the computer, and even reinstalling the software, but i can't find a solution. any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-wireless-multimedia-keyboard-problem.623659/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a HP Presario C laptop OS Win Home problem a I have keyboard with a mouse and wireless bit I have been running a wireless Ihome full keyboard with side number pad and mouse for a I have a problem with a wireless keyboard and mouse little under a year The wireless keyboard and mouse did worked fine Then one day the wireless mouse stopped working The wireless keyboard keep on working I though the mouse died So I was running an other wireless mouse mouse only and the laptop's built in keyboard until I got my next pay check Today I got a new same model wireless keyboard and mouse combo This new keyboard and mouse are doing the same thing The keyboard works but the mouse doesn't work I unplugged the USB receiver and plugged the USB receiver into a dif laptop and both the keyboard and mouse work in the other laptop Why is the wireless mouse that is pared up with the wireless keyboard not working in the Presario C laptop I need to fix this asap There are certain prog's that won't run without the extended keyboard and number pad How do I fix this There must be a cliche somewere in the operating system Steve

A:I have a problem with a wireless keyboard and mouse

Hi Steve,
open device manager, do you have any marked with either a small black down arrow or an !
if so post a screenshot.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397979-i-have-problem-wireless-keyboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Dell XPS and a Logitech MK wireless keyboard mouse combo the keyboard was an option when configuring my computer on Dell's website I've had it for a year and from the beginning I've had problems in WLM with scrolling panes being jumpy WLM Logitech Wireless Keyboard Problem & or jittery text showing up on the screen is not synchronized a delay in seeing what I'm typing and if I put my cursor on the WLM shortcut in the taskbar to choose which window in WLM screen I Logitech Wireless Keyboard & WLM Problem want to access many times one of the preview screens will be black After I open it it will correct it's self First keyboard needed replaced under warranty Replacing the keyboard with another MK problem remained At this time I Logitech Wireless Keyboard & WLM Problem didn't know what the problem was I did Logitech Wireless Keyboard & WLM Problem try a wired mouse but that made no difference Today I'm using a wired Dell keyboard SO FAR I've had NO problems Everything is working as it should I'm not ready to call it just yet and say the wireless keyboard was the problem but I would have experienced the glitches by now using the wireless keyboard Is it a coincidence or could the wireless Logitech keyboard actually be a problem with WLM v Build Keyboard driver is up to date Thanks Monica

A:Logitech Wireless Keyboard & WLM Problem

Update: After 10+ hours using this wired keyboard, I'm convinced the wireless Logitech keyboard (remember, I've had two and they both were problematic) has been my WLM problem. Any ideas? I don't understand how the keyboard could cause issues in WLM. Has anyone heard of this? Google hasn't (or I can't come up with the right combination of words).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/248592-logitech-wireless-keyboard-wlm-problem.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Could anyone possibley find me the drivers for MS wireless keyboard and mouse 700 v2.0. Win7 seems not able to locate them for some very peculiar reason however if i could find them myself i'm sure i could solve my issue. Not being lazy, i've honestly looked just about everywhere and can't locate these models which btw come together in a pack without however a driver disc. Thanks so much, Max.

Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Pentium III computer with Win originally installed that I recently upgraded to WinME A few years back I attached an Acer AirKey Wireless Keyboard w mouse model WIL- U When I first installed it I used the keyboard only and kept a trackball mouse I had been using attached to the mouse PS port Everything has worked beautifully but recently I decided to uninstall the trackball mouse and use the mouse that is integrated onto the wireless keyboard As per manuf instructions I uninstalled trackball software turned off my computer plugged wireless mouse problem... Keyboard Wireless w/mouse cord into PS port turned computer back on and waited for computer to completely boot The computer keeps getting hung up on the OS opening Wireless Keyboard w/mouse problem... page I tried turning off computer and installing the old two button mouse that originally came with the computer to be sure it wasn t the PS Wireless Keyboard w/mouse problem... port and the computer booted up just Wireless Keyboard w/mouse problem... fine I also looked in Device Manager to be sure there were no conflicts and there wasn t Would really appreciate any suggestions as to what the problem could be nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-w-mouse-problem.281395/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all ! I have a Lenovo K450 desktop that came with a wireless keyboard and mouse. The keyboard has a couple of malfunctioning keys and I now have a new (identical model SK-8861) keyboard. I have found out where I should be able to delete and add new hardware in "settings" but it doesn't detect the new keyboard when I " scan for new remote devices". Does anyone have experience of swapping out wireless keyboards ?

A:Problem swapping wireless keyboard

HI have you un installed the old keyboard in the control panel, once that is done u may have to restart your laptop.
did new keyboard come with a software disc if it did then insert that and it should install the new drivers and get your keyboard back up and running I take it you have a mouse that still works

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/70242-problem-swapping-wireless-keyboard.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse as a unit. The mouse is working fine, but the Microsoft keyboard just stopped. I've had it for about a year and a half. Kind of young to die like that. I suspect it died. No warning. No saying I'm sick, just up and died in the midst of posting. Is there anything I can do to revive it? Probably not, but I thought I'd ask.

xico

Relevancy 51.17%

I am using a Logitech wireless keyboard with a USB connection.
It does not load until Windows does.
Since it does not load at the beginning, I am unable to enter my Bios in order to change it.
Is there some way to enter my Asus bios after Windows XP is booted?

A:Solved: Bios and wireless keyboard problem

Not after Windows has loaded that I know about.

If you need to do Bios changes, only thing I can think of is to use a regular PS/2 keyboard at startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bios-and-wireless-keyboard-problem.856581/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi there I am hoping someone can up Probs problem/Wireless Start Keyboard help I am using a new Dell PC which came with Start up problem/Wireless Keyboard Probs wireless keyboard and mouse I also have a windows start up password on the pc what has happened is the keyboard has stopped working it is talking to the wireless usb as when I press the sleep button the pc goes into sleep mode however the rest of the buttons on the keyboard arent working I cant connect a normal keyboard as the pc doesnt have the right connection so I went along to the local pc shop and bought a converter from normal keyboard to usb and tried to connect it that way however because the pc is not fully loaded it is not recognising the new hardware Sorry if I havent made it too clear as to whats happening but I dont know the jargon I am looking to bypass the windows start up password if I can bearing in mind I am unable to have full access to the pc as the windows atrat up password cant be typed in Heeeeeeeeelpppppppp lol I am slowly but surely going mad nbsp

A:Start up problem/Wireless Keyboard Probs

have you tried putting new batteries in and resyncing the keyboard/mouse to the computer. look in your user manual. should tell you how to after you have replaced batteries.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/start-up-problem-wireless-keyboard-probs.831131/
Relevancy 51.17%

Yesterday I purchased a new wireless internet keyboard and optical mouse package from the brand quot micro INNOVATIONS quot Model KB W This is the first time I New Keyboard Optical Wireless Mouse Problem and ever got wireless keyboard and mouse so I was a bit puzzled when I first saw the receiver Anyways I turned off my computer unplugged the cables of my old keyboard and ball mouse Than I saw the strange cables of my new New Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse Problem keyboard and mouse which apparently designed to connect the keyboard and mouse port together which is than connected to the receiver So I connect the new keyboard and mouse together and into my computer I put in some batteries into the new keyboard and mouse I turned on the computer and nothings working Can t move mouse can t even Ctrl Alt Del Double checked the cables to see if they re secure and tight Done Checked if batteries are positioned correctly Done I even see the red light from my optical mouse I refer to the manual which gives me instructions in case it doesn t connect right away Install batteries in the mouse properly Install the batteries in the keyboard properly Turn off the PC New Wireless Keyboard and Optical Mouse Problem and connect the receiver Turn on the PC and press the button on the receiver Press the button underneath the keyboard leg Press the button on the receiver again Press the button underneath the mouse Install the software They gave me a CD Now I followed every single one of the steps to every last letter and step is just patronizing since I can t even get onto my desktop to install the software I don t think it s the keyboard or mouse that s broken but maybe something to do with compatibility That confuses me since I meet the system requirements of quot Windows XP quot I ve run out of options Someone please help me Thanks for taking your time to read through my detailed problem nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all. I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard that sits about 6 inches away from the dongle sensor, fresh batteries and a week old install of Windows 8 Pro 64 bit edition. My problem is this, the multimedia keys on the keyboard will work on and off, sometimes running perfectly and others as if they have no signal. It seems to be localized to just those multimedia keys as the normal keys function properly.

At first I didn't load the Intellitype software as Windows recognized the buttons and would open the appropriate directory or control the volume. When the problem occured, I did load the additional software but it too would function part time.

I know it isn't a huge issue, but it does nag at you when it works sometimes and then stops a few minutes later for no reason, sometimes lasting even through a reboot. Hope someone can offer some help, thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16083-problem-wireless-keyboard-multimedia-buttons.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a IHome (I am not sure if it is wireless or infrared). It has a little device that plugs into a USB port. Anyways The mouse and the keyboard both run on 2, each, AAA battery's. The 2 AAA battery's in the keyboard last a real long time but the 2 battery's in the mouse I have to change quite often. A brand new AAA battery mesures 1.8 volts in my battery tester. But when the battery voltage in each battery is down to 1.5 volts (still well in the green good zone) the mouse movement gets jurky, sluggish and the aerrow lags behind the mouse. Why does this mouse use so much juce up?

Steve

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402523-problem-wireless-combo-keyboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi All,

I have a strange problem with a new Pixxo wireless keyboard and mouse. When I first turn on the computer, the keyboard works to enter bios and move around. But when Vista starts, the keyboard and mouse do not connect. Pressing connect buttons, turning off and on don't seem to help. But when I unplug the receiver from the usb port, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in, everything works fine.

Pixxo tech support had me check power management options on the USB root hub entries in device manager, but that didn't seem to be the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

A:Weird wireless keyboard and mouse problem

Welcome
First new does not mean that it works. Try it with another computer and try another keyboard with your current computer. The results will be self explanatory
If that does not lead to a solution. Go to search type device manager and make sure that the driver is up to date and no yellow warning markers near it.
Try to test with a clean boot procedure
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Follow this MS bulletin
Troubleshoot response failures in wireless keyboard or mouse
Troubleshoot a wireless mouse that does not function correctly

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/286610-weird-wireless-keyboard-mouse-problem.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Attempted to load the Kensington Wireless Keyboard on a Vista laptop only to end up locking up any keyboard and/or mouse operation entirely!!!
What is the solution short of a total rebuild of the Vista OS?

[email protected]

Help please!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kensington-wireless-keyboard-lockup-problem.757432/
Relevancy 51.17%

My problem is that the wireless keyboard that the system came with is not working What I mean by not working is that when I press a button Solved: HP problem wireless 5189URF keyboard nothing Solved: HP wireless keyboard 5189URF problem happens Not one button provokes a response My wireless mouse works fine however my keyboard does not The model number is URF K I pressed the quot Connect quot button on the back multiple times yet no response occured I have tried restarting my computer multiple times plugging in the USB receiver in different usb ports and even put new batteries in However all failed to produce a result Whats even weirder is that when I go to control panel and go to hard ware and then under the category of quot Keyboard quot I click the quot Check the Keyboard Status quot and I see under devices quot HID Keyboard Device quot supposedly the wireless keyboard It then says the location is on USB Human Interface Device and the Device Status is quot This Device is working Properly quot This is on a HP Pavilion Elite m c desktop running VISTA bit Home Premium This same question has been asked before - but I can t find any answers to solve this problem - nbsp

A:Solved: HP wireless keyboard 5189URF problem

I had the EXACT same issue. Leading up to that, my keystroke response would be delayed or sometimes even lose the keystroke. The little light on the receiver is a button. Press and hold that button until it lights up (not sure how many times or even if it blinks). Once the light is on, press and hold the connect button on your keyboard until the light goes off. Even though I have done this, I still have a problem every now and then with the delayed keystroke thing.

Also, I found this link on the question that was similar to this:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...lc=en&product=3462611&rule=45339&lang=en#N675

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-wireless-keyboard-5189urf-problem.833450/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard and the Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer combo When i bought it it was refurbished The problem is when I type anything sometimes the key i last press would seem to get stuck Not physically stuck but whatever the key does will get repeated up to soomething like times For example if i press the space key last it will output spaces It gets really annoying when i open problem Wireless Desktop MS Keyboard Elite a file with the enter key and it happens It doens t happen ALL the time but it happens enough to annoy me MS Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard problem I have tried reinstalling the proper drivers using the PS adapter to connect the keyboard to a PS port I ve also formatted several times not because of the keyboard but the problem never goes away Is the keyboard busted MS Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard problem Specs Athlon Venice OCZ x MB PC EL VX Gold - - - - DDR DFI Lanparty UT NF Ultra-D XFX GT Seagate Barracuda GB SATA onboard sound W EasyMedia PSU By the way the problem happened twice while typing up this post nbsp

A:MS Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard problem

maybe

I have the same mouse, similar keyboard (Wireless Natural Multimedia), but haven't encountered your problem. I do know that M$ recently released updated drivers for these, and- have you tried fiddling with the speed/repeat settings in the keyboars icon?

Perhaps someone mistook "refurbished" for "refubarred?" :rolleyes:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-wireless-desktop-elite-keyboard-problem.41737/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a IHome (I am not sure if it is wireless or infrared). It has a little device that plugs into a USB port. Anyways The mouse and the keyboard both run on 2, each, AAA battery's. The 2 AAA battery's in the keyboard last a real long time but the 2 battery's in the mouse I have to change quite often. A brand new AAA battery mesures 1.8 volts in my battery tester. But when the battery voltage in each battery is down to 1.5 volts (still well in the green good zone) the mouse movement gets jurky, sluggish and the aerrow lags behind the mouse. Why does this mouse use so much juce up?

Steve

A:a problem with a wireless combo keyboard and mouse

At the mouse, don't you have a button to synchronize sender and receiver?
I use to have this problem. It was solved by placing the receiver close to the mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/402523-problem-wireless-combo-keyboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Wife got ya new laptop and since September when we have bought 2 sets of wireless keyboards and mice. Due to kids etc she now has two worthless wireless mouse and keyboard sets due to broken transceivers.

I know there has to be a way to get the transceivers, but microsoft is zero help, basically they just tell you to buy a new wireless mouse and keyboard. Anyone know of a way to get new transceivers?

Model numbers on both are the same:

Microsoft 2.4ghz tranceiver v.6.0
Model 1364

Because of them both being the same that brings up my next question, if I get replacements how can I be sure they will work with the keyboard and mouse?

I figure someone out there has had this issue and been able to solve the delema.

Thanks..

A:Tranceiver problem with wireless mouse and keyboard

Not to sure myself but I would look on ebay to see if maybe you can find something cheap.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tranceiver-problem-with-wireless-mouse-and-keyboard.885866/
Relevancy 51.17%

I bought a new wireless keybaord http catalog belkin com IWCatProdu duct Id I m very happy with it so far some of the media keys can be programmed to open winamp My computer email client etc but one of them the My Music key can t be changed Belkin problem... wireless media keyboard key as its not listed within the configuration menu http www hidebehind com EAC E Originally the key opened the generic quot My Music quot folder found on all XP systems but i do not use this folder for my music I tried deleting the XP assigned My Music Belkin wireless keyboard media key problem... folder and renamed the folder i hold my music in to quot My Music quot I thought maybe it would work like a missing link locator and find my proper music folder It didn t It now opens the application folder for the belkin software Is there a chance the address for the key might be changed in the registry or in a file found in the application folder Here is an image of the application folder i thought it might be helpful http www hidebehind com AE FB Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I have recently purchased a Keysonic Wireless Keyboard, the installation on this is plug and play. The computer I am trying to install this on is about 5 years old, but had not been used for about 4 years. I have completed all updates and have gotten wireless broadband installed. When I plug in the dongle for the keyboard in the computer is not recordnising the hardware. The instruction advise to check that the BIOS system supports USB keyboards, but I don't know how to get into the BIOS system to check this. I am running on Windows XP version 2002, and the computer is a Packard Bell. I have tried the F1, F2, DEL, but it just goes to a blank screen and dosen't do anything. Please help, not sure what to do next. I have tried the dongle in another PC and the hardware shows up immediately.
Thanks
Sarah

A:Plug & Play Wireless Keyboard problem

I most cases you will probably need to access the Bios to change settings to allow the keyboard to work, and as you said pressing those keys should have brought it up.
However you may be able to use a USB --> PS/2 adapter and plug your usb keyboard into the (purple?) PS/2 keyboard port at the back of your computer, your keyboard may have even come with this adpater, otherwise they are cheap & common. This should allow you to use the keyboard with full funtionality, except for the hot swapping ability, you will not be able to plug your keyobard in while windows in running, but will need to restart.
However I cannot guarantee if this will work for your USB dongle, but it has worked for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plug-play-wireless-keyboard-problem.857090/
Relevancy 51.17%

First of all.. I hope I got the right section.

And secondly, I'm not asking about how to change the repeat rates in the control panel and stuff.

Anyway.. this is my problem.

I think there's a problem with my wireless keyboard since normally.. whenever you hold down a button(take r for example), it'll go rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr until you let go of the button.

In my case however, it only goes rrrrr and stops. The number of letters changes everytime and the repeating just stops after a while(like, 1 second) even though the key is still held down. The same goes for other keys. Was wondering if my keyboard was screwed or I could 'save' it somehow.

Additional information would be..

Keyboard - Microsoft Wireless Elite Keyboard

Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance. =D

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-problem-repeat-rates.443310/
Relevancy 51.17%

I bought a new wireless keybaord http catalog belkin com IWCatProductPage process Product Id I m very happy key keyboard media Belkin wireless problem... with it so far some of the Belkin wireless keyboard media key problem... media keys can be programmed to open winamp My Belkin wireless keyboard media key problem... computer email client etc but one of them the My Music key can t be changed as its not listed within the configuration menu http www hidebehind com EAC E Originally the key opened the generic quot My Music quot folder found on all XP systems but i do not use this folder for my music I tried deleting the XP assigned My Music folder and renamed the folder i hold my music in to quot My Music quot I thought maybe it would work like a missing link locator and find my proper music folder It didn t It now opens the application folder for the belkin software Is there a chance the address for the key might be changed in the registry or in a file found in the application folder Here is an image of the application folder i thought it might be helpful http www hidebehind com AE FB Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-wireless-keyboard-media-key-problem.488738/
Relevancy 50.74%

I purchased a Microsoft wireless desktop 700 a few weeks back. After installing Windows 7 64 bit, I had some trouble getting the wireless desktop started. However, I got it working after a few restarts.

For a few weeks the hardware worked just fine. since yesterday (i.e. 20-Jun-10) the wireless mouse is not working properly. The problem is:

1. The left click does not work
2. The right click works
3. the movement of the mouse is detected by windows

This happened after I got a message saying the drivers did not work properly. I don't understand what went wrong.

Anyway, I tried looking for the necessary drivers for this hardware on windows 7. I am not able to find the same online. The wireless set did not come with any CDs.

Please help. I have a legal copy of Windows 7. Do I need to reinstall the drivers from this. Can someone please guide me as I am a rookie.

Thanks,

A:Problem with Microsoft Wireless Mouse 700

Try uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager. Then reboot, and let Windows automatically install drivers.

Can you test the mouse on another machine? That way, we can confirm it is not a hardware problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/92610-problem-microsoft-wireless-mouse-700-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am having difficulty in getting my Dell Wireless Keyboard connectivity in this Dell Dimension 9200 desk top since Win 10 upgrade.

Win 10 through WU installing "Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 USB" and soon I loose the function of this keyboard that is connected through USB Blue Tooth mini receiver.

I do not know how to stop Win 10 automatically installing this Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 USB.

Please can someone help me?

Those on my attachment are the one I wish to keep so that my wireless Bluetooth keyboard can communicate.

It may be that our Samsung Smart TV in the room trying to get my win 10 to install this dreaded Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0USB? - Just a thought... I am absolutely reached the end of my tether

Regards

A:I am having problem with my Bluetooth Dell Wireless Keyboard connet

Did you ever manage to solve this? I'm having the identical problem the last 3 weeks or so. I'm using a tablet with built-in Bluetooth, and I can get my previously-working keyboard working by removing it and pairing it again, but then it works for a minute or two and quits on my, showing it is still paired. I know the battery is fully charged on the keyboard.

Edit: Mine doesn't mention Broadcom, presumably because it's built-in and not connected to a USB dongle.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/21930-i-am-having-problem-my-bluetooth-dell-wireless-keyboard-connet.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I built a computer for a friend installed Vista Ultimate and everything runs great He went and bought a Kensington wireless mouse amp keyboard combo and hooked it up That ran great too Well he Problem Keyboard Mouse Kensington & Wireless in Vista decided to install the software that came with this package and pushed through the quot these drivers are not for Vista blah blah quot and continuted anyway Well after he restarted his Wireless Kensington Mouse & Keyboard Problem in Vista computer BOOM no keyboard our mouse works So he calls me tells me what he did and I say well do a Vista restore to yesterday and you ll be good don t install that software again Well guess what he can t use the keyboard or mouse at all Long story short we tried connecting a few more mice and keyboards to the machine none of them will work and everytime one is plugged in Vista says where you normall see quot Updating hardware quot messages in the bottom right Driver not installed properly and that s it Everytime you connect any keyboard or mouse The ports work just fine cause if I go into BIOS they keyboard works no problem I probably wrote all this to answer my own question but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas besides running the Vista CD and doing a restore from it I hate doing restores because of losing some system updates and settings since the last good quot working condition quot But if I have to I have to Just wondering if anyone has a better idea than that Again please note No keyboard or mouse will work in Vista I ve tried even in safemode nothing will work or install The computer is running just fine but the input of keyboards and mice will not work Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Wireless Kensington Mouse & Keyboard Problem in Vista

Bump! Having the same problem on my other machine!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-kensington-mouse-keyboard-problem-in-vista.661210/
Relevancy 50.31%

Right I have installed the above keyboard(the mouseis fully functional btw), most of the hotkeys work except the following for some strange reason and I've tried to configure them but to no avail, so can some one help me please:

hotkeys not working: Home/Favourites(WWW), My computer, email & The search key.

I am running windows XP Sp1 btw. IE6 & Microsoft Outlook Express for my e-mails.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-wireless-keyboard-ergo-mouse-hotkeys-problem.361681/