Windows Support Forum

Cain and Abel - promiscous mode detection

Q: Cain and Abel - promiscous mode detection

I tried using the promiscuous scanner to find out if the network adapter is in promiscuous mode. Ironically, the application requires the sniffer to be activated for the promiscuous scanner to work. Wouldn't this make the whole scan pointless as now the network adapter has enter promiscuous mode anyway. So it is useless.

If I see * asterisks signs, under the 31 bit group does that mean it is in promiscuous mode?

Any information about this would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cain-and-abel-promiscous-mode-detection.177655/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cain and Abel - promiscous mode detection

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 103.2%

i am interested in pen testing and so i downloaded cain and abel as i was told it was an all in one sort of program however every time i ve ever run the program it has caused so much damage to my system and abel cain that i have had to reinstall windows every time and i can only run the program cain and abel from safemode i was using win xp pro corp from a regular boot i cant run the program also my antivirus goes ape when it finds cain and abel it why is it that cain and abel messes up your computer so much making it a program that s not worth the cain and abel trouble to use because of the damage it does to the computer it s run from maybe i m paranoid but because i only see the word cain under the program is it thew writer of the program that s abel and he takes control of your computer when you install it or is it like the fable where abel kills cain ergo your computer does anyone know of any virus damage to host free pentesting software that runs under windows without having to buy an airpcap usb stick and why does cain mess up your compuetr and are my paranoid suppositions true or false and why wont windows run it from a regular boot and is the damage the program does intentional or not thanks and if this is too long winded then let me know if i should edit this post and bullet item the questons thanks and if you cant help please reply that so i know if im being ignored or not nbsp

A:cain and abel

Sorry- you need to look at what you are doing and compare it to our Rules- you have violated this one:

SiteRules said:

Other Illegal Activities - As you might expect, we don't want anything illegal going on here. Users cannot post hacks, cracks, pirated software, or anything of the like. Furthermore, we do not allow instructions on how to complete illegal activities, such as pirating. Please don't ask for advice on using illegal software, as it will be removed. Click to expand...

the directions for Cain and Abel tell you: Be warned that there is the possibility that you will cause damages and/or loss of data using this software and that in no events shall the author be liable for such damages or loss of data. Please carefully read the License Agreement included in the program before using it.

The Cain and Abel software are well documented hack tools and we do not support the use of these at all. Your Thread is now Closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cain-and-abel.890495/
Relevancy 103.2%

i am interested in pen testing and so i downloaded cain and abel as i was told it was an all in one sort of program however every time i ve ever run the program it has caused so much damage to my system that i have had to reinstall windows every time and i can only run the program from safemode i was using win xp pro corp from a regular boot i cant run the program also my antivirus goes ape when it finds it why is it that cain and abel messes up your computer so much making it a program that s not worth the trouble to use because of the damage it does to the computer it s run from maybe i m paranoid but because i only see the word cain under the program is it thew writer of the program that s abel and he takes control of your computer when you install it or is it like the fable where abel kills cain ergo your computer does anyone know of any virus damage to host free pentesting software that runs under windows without having to buy an airpcap usb stick and why does cain mess up your compuetr and are my paranoid suppositions true or false and why wont windows run it from a regular boot and is the damage the program does intentional or not thanks and if this is too long winded then let me know if i should edit this post and bullet item the questons thanks and if you cant help please reply that so i know if im being ignored or not

A:cain and abel

Have only played with it in a very limited manner quit some time ago.
Yes, it is a very powerful tool. Not for the novice.
There may be several reasons`s you AV flags it. Considering what it is designed to do. Some of it`s code, actions probably very much mimic known malware behavior. Some of the code may have been borrowed from malware code or the other way around.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283674/cain-and-abel/
Relevancy 102.34%

I have downloaded Cain and Abel and installed it, but i can't seem to get the air cap thing working. Is there something else i need to install? By the way im running Windows Vista with a NIC: Intel PRO/WIRELESS 3945ABG

A:Anyone know how to install Cain and Abel?

Sorry, we don't help with applications of this nature at this TSG
TSG said:

TSG Rules include this:

*Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

*Other Illegal Activities - As you might expect, we don't want anything illegal going on here. Users cannot post hacks, cracks, pirated software, or anything of the like. Furthermore, we do not allow instructions on how to complete illegal activities, such as pirating. Please don't ask for advise on using illegal software, as it will be removed. Click to expand...

The use of this application can be traced back to you so depending on what you are doing with it, bear that in mind. <this is from the support pages

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-know-how-to-install-cain-and-abel.664209/
Relevancy 102.34%

Basically Cain and Abel is a password recovery tool. It can recover many kinds of passwords using methods such as network packet sniffing, cracking various password hashes by using methods such as dictionary attacks, brute force and cryptanalysis attacks.

Hackers can use this tool from a remote computer on your LAN to see your passwords and what websites you're visiting.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything you could to to prevent, or at least make it harder for them to do this. Thanks

A:Anyone know how to protect yourself from Cain and Abel?

You might want to check the forums over at www.governmentsecurity.org.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/anyone-know-how-to-protect-yourself-from-cain-and-abel-527082.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Hi Long story in point form -My roomate has been going on stuff on my computer and I wanted to keep tabs on it-Found out about keyloggers and decided quot hey that sounds like a good idea'-Found out ATF after the Cain Keylogger Kgbspy/bfk Abel Want And To Rid And Get Sw: Of fact these are nasty malware programs not so good-Now I would like to enlist the generous help of one of this sites techs to help me get this junk off my computer-And to boot I was curious about this cracker sw Cain and Able too much time on my hands I just noticed it came up in the virus scan though I have had it uninstalled surprise I would like to get this off too So as far as I know I've got KGBSpy BFK CAin and Abel Here's the Kapersky scan report and the main extra reports from DSSThanks ----------------------Kapersky scan report----------------------- Monday May PMOperating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Build Kaspersky Online Want To Get Rid Of Keylogger Sw: Kgbspy/bfk And Cain And Abel Scanner version Kaspersky Anti-Virus database last update Kaspersky Anti-Virus database records Scan SettingsScan using the following antivirus database extendedScan Archives trueScan Mail Bases trueScan Target My ComputerC D Scan StatisticsTotal number of scanned objects Number of viruses found Number of infected objects Number of Want To Get Rid Of Keylogger Sw: Kgbspy/bfk And Cain And Abel suspicious objects Duration of the scan process Infected Object Name Virus Name Last ActionC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data avg Log emc log Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data avg l log Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data comodo Firewall Pro cfplogdb sdb Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Grisoft Avg Data avg log log Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Grisoft Avg Data avg log log lck Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data QSLLPSVCShare Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings LocalService Cookies index dat Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings LocalService Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings LocalService Local Settings Application Data Microsoft Windows UsrClass dat LOG Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings LocalService Local Settings History History IE index dat Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings LocalService Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE index dat Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings LocalService NTUSER DAT Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings LocalService ntuser dat LOG Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings michelle Application Data Microsoft MSNLiveFav LiveFavorites xml Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings michelle Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles cv ssw default cert db Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings michelle Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles cv ssw default formhistory dat Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings michelle Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles cv ssw default history dat Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings michelle Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles cv ssw default key db Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings michelle Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles cv ssw default parent lock Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings michelle Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles cv ssw default search sqlite Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings michelle Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles cv ssw default urlclassifier sqlite Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings michelle Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles cv ssw default webappsstore sqlite Object is locked skippedC Documents and Settings michelle Cookies index dat Object is lo... Read more

A:Want To Get Rid Of Keylogger Sw: Kgbspy/bfk And Cain And Abel

shelleybellySorry for the delay.So did you want to keep the Key Logger program?If no then go to Add or Remove Programs (Click Start ->> Control Panel ->> Add or Remove programs)And Uninstall the following programKeyProwler Trial VersionClose Add or Remove Programs ->> Reboot your PCIf you do want to keep it then please advise.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147773/want-to-get-rid-of-keylogger-sw-kgbspybfk-and-cain-and-abel/
Relevancy 54.18%

I currently have a display problem with my laptop and can't see anything at all on the screen (external monitor does not work either). Thus, I want to send it in for repair. But I want to first change the administrator password, and I have access to another laptop which I can transplant my boot HD into.

My question is, if I boot into safe mode after the transplant, how much of the second laptop's hardware will be detected? I don't want there to be unnessecary hardware issues before I send it for repair, and I have no way to test the consequences of the transplant in my original laptop due to the display issues.
Thanks,
-Suan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safe-mode-and-hw-detection.745548/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Windows XP. I open up view system information, I click on preformance tab on settings box I disable something thinking I was improving the preformance of my computer, and now I cant open any application.When I click on a application to open, a message box will come up stating " c:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe Application not found" hope this will be helpful.

A:Not abel to open Application

We need to know exactly where you went and what you clicked on.

There is no "Performance" tab in Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Information.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-abel-to-open-application.1032780/
Relevancy 50.74%

Forgive the long detailed post I've read many forums solving my own problems but this time I need to post On Nov I managed to download something that infected my computer Since then I've been fighting it I know TDSS and Brastk were on there though I no longer see references even causing programs running hijacked Mode and more in Browser probably detection trouble Safe to those that I know Browser hijacked and probably more causing trouble even running detection programs in Safe Mode of I've successfully run HJT MalwareBytes CCleaner AdAware old version and AdAware Browser hijacked and probably more causing trouble even running detection programs in Safe Mode to clean out a lot but I still have some major issues Running Windows XP SP HP computer Problems Browser hijacked When I search from Yahoo and click on a link there redirected via go yahoo com to some junk page Sometimes if type direct link I want it works but I cant get to many spyware adware malware rootkit cleaner pages page not found Sometimes if I use the IP address instead of DNS name it works I also cant get to many forum help pages I got to this site's main page by IP address but cant click links So right now I am typing this from another computer Programs I managed to download mostly in Safe with Networking are only somewhat successful even in Safe Mode a HJT always works and I'll attempt to post log next b Ad Aware I downloaded and ran a few times But for some reason even though I selected English the options are in another language And though it originally found I chose wrong option to disinfect Then later it only found and disinfected them one looked like a search helper Now whenever I run it it hangs after - minutes c Spybot and Super Anti Spyware - I downloaded them installed them but when I click they do not run even in Safe Mode d MalwareBytes Anti-Malware - I thought this was the answer It ran found lots of things to get rid of And for a time I think my browser was working fine But by the next day or sooner computer was a mess again and now MBAM wont run when I click on it e CCleaner found a bunch of stuff and cleaned it This always works when I run it f McAfee works not finding any problems now g I cant download Sophos Rootkit SDFix GMER or some other programs I tried I think this is what I really need too rootkit programs h I tried to run PandaScan online and failed trying to download or installe ActiveScan I can boot into Safe Mode fine usually I currently am unsuccessful booting to Safe with Networking hangs at quot Windows starting quot I can usually boot into Normal Mode but sometimes it hangs before completing and sometimes randomly as I'm doing something I've spent most of the past few days in Safe Mode trying my best to fix this but it's getting worse System Restore no longer works When this first started I tried restoring to the day before but it rebooted and came back with failure I then tried two more earlier dates failed Now I can run it choose a date but when I click Next to start the process nothing happens I suppose that covers everything I probably tried more I didnt mention that I found online I will now try to post HJT log MalwareBytes doesnt work anymore but I may have some saved logs

A:Browser hijacked and probably more causing trouble even running detection programs in Safe Mode

I tried to post HJT log but got rejected as it's older version. Well, I cant install the new one. I downloaded it, but the installer wont run in safe mode. Neither will RootKit Revealer. I will try them next time I go to Normal Mode. I am currently running AVG Anti-Spyware which detected some things already.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179277/browser-hijacked-and-probably-more-causing-trouble-even-running-detection-programs-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm taking an Advanced Networking class in college, where we learn about password security and problems with hacking. Right now, I'm doing a report in which we have to use 3 password cracking programs and compare the results. In the school computer lab, we have Cain and l0phtcrack installed, but we can't find a third program. We need one that is compatible with WinNT/2000, not linux, and we prefer one with a GUI, not command lines. It also has to be free Anyone have any suggestions? (If you're interested, the assignment can be found here:
editted out link, as material to download deals with cracking

A:l0phtcrack, Cain, and...?

This type of information would be against forum rules. Closing, if anyone wishes they can certainly pm or email this user any info they have.

I don't feel posting links or info on cracking programs here is inline with forum rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/l0phtcrack-cain-and.76167/
Relevancy 50.31%

Whenever I start using Cain, it gives me an error - "Error : PacketReceivePacket failed"
My computer is hp laptop, windows xp sp2..... i disable my antivirus - avast home edition 4.8 whenever i run this cain.exe, but still i get this error...i have installed winpcap 4.0.2 and wireshark 1.0.5
Wireshark is able to capture the packets, but then i dont know wat to do with them.....
we have our network with the http proxy 8000.......
please help me out....
waiting for your reply.....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193520/cain-error/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I also have installed Avast antivirus (free version).

I downloaded Cain and Abel for network management. When I tried to install Cain and Abel, Avast gave warning of malware. Following are the main contents of the alert:

Filename: C:\Program Files\Cain\Cain.exe\(UPX)
Malware name: Win32:Cain-B (Tool)
Malware type: Other potentially dangerous program

I have three options: Move/Rename, Delete, Move to Chest

I am also given the option : No Action

Now, I think that it is only a sort of preventive warning so that the program may not be used for bad intentions (knowing that it can also be used for hacking purposes)

Please suggest what should I do?

Thanks

ArshadParvez

A:Win32:cain-b

If you trust the software, choose No Action.Also, add it to Avast's ignore list (I don't know how to do this using Avast), so that Cain & Abel isn't flagged every time you do a virus scan.oxid.it is not a virii siteAntivirus vendors could have signatures for some of the programs on this site. Cain & Abel v2.0 for example has been classified as a low-risk trojan virus even if the program's features are all documented in the manual.rtf file and Abel (the server component) is completely visible (the blue icon in the system tray). I can assure to you that there are no viruses or hidden features in the programs from my site.Cain & Abel v2.0 does not infect files, it does not send your passwords over the Internet or anything like that....Cain & Abel Publisher's SiteCain & Abel 4.5 is a Password Recovery product from oxid.it, get 5 Stars SoftSea Rating, Cain and Abel is a password recovery tool that enables network administrators to test network security, or home users to recover a variety of stored network passwords. The software reports sniffing and recovery of most popular protocols, including FTP, SMTP, POP3, HTTP, mySQL, ICQ, Telnet and others. It can also recover passwords hidden behind asterisk (***), stored in VNC profiles, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, Remote Desktop connections and wireless connections. Other features include LSA Secrets Dumper, Protected Storage password revealer, network enumeration, VoIP filtering and more. Probably one of the most complete network password recovery/security tools you can find. Cain and Abel is intended for network administrators or advanced users. (Expect to be warned of a password cracking tool when installing this software) SoftSea.com had fully tested, reviewed and uploaded the install files, Cain & Abel does not contain any adware or spyware, the latest version is 4.5, you can download this password recovery software (5.88 MB) from special server of SoftSea.com. The license of this antivirus & security software is Freeware, you can free download and free use this Antivirus & Security software.SoftSea.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85292/win32cain-b/
Relevancy 50.31%

ok i got a program called cain because my friend said we can get the passwords from our own computer...i got it and it worked once but now i cant remember how to find passwords...i'm not trying to decrypt a code, just locate them...please help...this is a personal computer noone else uses so i'm not trying to hack anyone

A:cain question...

Sorry, that utility contains some cracking tools, which we do not support the use of. Thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cain-question.448980/
Relevancy 48.59%

Well since i want to learn more about how to remove deal with Malware crap i figured i should post [email protected] this to ask about it I am using Comodo FV AV rest of my specs are in my Sig and for about the last month or so it has randomly popped up an alert saying it quarantined a trojan or what not The last it has done are called ApplicUnwnt Win PSWTool Cain A [email protected] Backdoor Win IRCBot ai has of this one located in my C System [email protected] Volume Information restore BA E -E D- A E--BE - E RP A exe exe and exe I cant access the folder says i dont have permissions as the admin It hasnt done anything really just quarantined it then i delete it then it finds another one so kind of more of an annoyance then anything -Scott Let me know what logs you want me to post i have most of the programs used here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318319/applicunwntwin32pswtoolcaina11865431/
Relevancy 46.87%

Okay i have turned my pc on after virus avira ups detection pop detection beeps with not having it on in months due to having to buy a new graphics card anyway everything was running smooth untill i heard a few beeps only to see that avira has detected few viruses i had a choice to either remove or ignore so i pushed remove minutes later avira is detecting avira virus detection beeps with detection pop ups the virus again so i click remove and then do a quick scan with Malwarebytes and it did not detect anything so i did a full scan with my Avira Anti Virus and it found warning hidden files and detections now i would like to know what to do from here to completely get rid of the detections that it has found the two that it has detected look like this TR BHO ZWANGI Trojan TR GerVar EJ Trojan there are of them in my Avira quarantine so what i would like avira virus detection beeps with detection pop ups to know is where to go from here thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by DJ at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC windows system svchost -k DcomLaunchC windows system svchost -k rpcssC windows System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC windows system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exesvchost exeC windows RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Lexmark X Series lxdvmon exeC Program Files Lexmark X Series lxdvamon exeC Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC windows system RUNDLL EXEC windows system ctfmon exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files Application Updater ApplicationUpdater exeC Program Files Flip Video FlipShare FlipShareService exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC windows System spool DRIVERS W X lxdvserv exeC windows system lxdvcoms exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exeC windows system wuauclt exeC windows explorer exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings DJ My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google comuInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uURLSearchHooks F T A Toolbar f d - b e- ee- c - b bd c - c program files f t a tbF T dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllBHO F T A Toolbar f d - b e- ee- c - b bd c - c program files f t a tbF T dllTB F T A Toolbar f d - b e- ee- c - b bd c - c program files f t a tbF T dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEmRun SkyTel SkyTel EXEmRun lxdvmon exe quot c program files lexmark x series lxdvmon exe quot mRun lxdvamon quot c program files lexmark x series lxdvamon exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun avgnt quot c program files avira antivir desktop avgnt exe quot minmRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRun nwiz nwiz exe installquietmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray d... Read more

A:avira virus detection beeps with detection pop ups

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEmsconfigsafebootminimalactivexdrivers32netsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.syssymmpi.sysadp3132.sysmv61xx.sysnvraid.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346384/avira-virus-detection-beeps-with-detection-pop-ups/
Relevancy 46.87%

Okay i have turned my pc on after not having it on in months due to having to buy a new graphics card anyway everything was running smooth untill i heard a few beeps only to see that avira has detected few viruses i had a choice to either remove or ignore so i pushed remove minutes later avira is detecting the virus again so i click remove and then do a quick detection avira pop detection virus ups beeps with scan with Malwarebytes and it did not detect anything so i did a full scan with my Avira Anti Virus and it found warning hidden files and detections now i would like to know what to do from here to completely get rid of the detections that it has found the two that it has detected look like this TR BHO ZWANGI Trojan TR GerVar EJ Trojan there are of them in my Avira quarantine so what i would like to know is where to go from here thank you avira virus detection beeps with detection pop ups

A:avira virus detection beeps with detection pop ups

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346366/avira-virus-detection-beeps-with-detection-pop-ups/
Relevancy 38.27%

hello guys , i tried to install wireshark & cain and able (both softwares to sniff packets from the ethernet or wlan adapter). It automatically installs winpcap but i uninstalled it (as it didnt work.. still it doesnt) and installed it again:

installed wireshark + winpcap
installed cain and abel.
uninstalled winpcap
installed winpcap (latest version) , unchecked "start driver at startup"
reboot
in /winpcap/ i ran "rpcpad.exe" (which should start the winpcap driver?)

ran wireshark: It can sniff my ethernet adapter but doesnt show the wlan adapter

ran cain and able: it cannot sniff anything + doesnt show wlan adapter.

I think it worked on vista but i?m not 100% sure. Any ideas?

Thanks

A:"wireshark" & "cain and able" problem (winpcap?)

Quote: Originally Posted by zakazak

hello guys , i tried to install wireshark & cain and able (both softwares to sniff packets from the ethernet or wlan adapter). It automatically installs winpcap but i uninstalled it (as it didnt work.. still it doesnt) and installed it again:

installed wireshark + winpcap
installed cain and abel.
uninstalled winpcap
installed winpcap (latest version) , unchecked "start driver at startup"
reboot
in /winpcap/ i ran "rpcpad.exe" (which should start the winpcap driver?)

ran wireshark: It can sniff my ethernet adapter but doesnt show the wlan adapter

ran cain and able: it cannot sniff anything + doesnt show wlan adapter.

I think it worked on vista but i?m not 100% sure. Any ideas?

Thanks

What do you mean by wlan?
Both cain and wireshark work in win 7 as I am running them on 32bit.

Thanks

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/36947-wireshark-cain-able-problem-winpcap.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Please Disregard the Screenshot as these are not current but the Win32/Patched.Al is, however I rescanned the same email and it did not find anything ??I believe that when I opened or tried to open an e-mail during and in the effort to save it to my desktop, to be certain I could right click and have it scanned by AVG, since I found it in my spam box.As I viewed it in my mail box I did not see the AVG message at the bottom of the email, (reason I saved it to Desktop).A pop up AVG message reported that I had received an Win32/Patched.Al , whereby I moved it to my AVG vault.Does that mean it is no longer, . . that is if it actually wound up there, . . Please tell me as I'm not sure what I am looking at.

A:AVG Detection

If Win32/Patched.Al is currently in the virus vault, you are OK

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197939/avg-detection/
Relevancy 33.54%

months ago my MB got fried and had to be replaced, its fine now, but when im pressing many keys at a time, it wont detect one of them, and then somtimes it stops working and I have to re-plugin the usb and it works fine again, does anyone know what the problem could be? if you need more information just ask

edit: uhm, sometimes it works fine and it detects all the keys, it just happends every now and then and when i restart its fine again

Relevancy 33.54%

i have a wipro pc that is dual core , windows xp starter edition , 1 gb ram , the bios detects 1024 mb of ram but windows says its only 512 mb.. what happened to the rest 512 mb?? please help

A:ram detection

as it been associated with your video card by the bios

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ram-detection-231018.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have purchased a Idea pad U and i have troubles when change the place to conect to a wireless network In my office i must to input the IP every time in my house i can t conect to my wireless network IP detection and i must change the configuration again What can I do to solve this Configuraci n IP de Windows Nombre IP detection de host usuario-PC Sufijo DNS principal Tipo de nodo h brido Enrutamiento IP habilitado no Proxy WINS habilitado no Lista de b squeda de sufijos DNS interno rqc com Adaptador de Ethernet Conexi n de rea local IP detection Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo IP detection DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Direcci n f sica - D- B-B - C- DHCP habilitado s Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Adaptador de LAN inal mbrica Conexi n de red inal mbrica Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n interno rqc com Descripci n Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter Direcci n f sica - -D - F-E - DHCP habilitado s Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s V nculo direcci n IPv local fe e f b b db Preferido Direcci n IPv Preferido M scara de subred Concesi n obtenida lunes de marzo de La concesi n expira martes de marzo de Puerta de enlace predeterminada Servidor DHCP IAID DHCPv DUID de cliente DHCPv - - - - -D - -C - - -D - F-E - Servidores DNS NetBIOS sobre TCP IP habilitado Adaptador de Ethernet Conexi n de red Bluetooth Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Dispositivo Bluetooth Red de rea personal Direcci n f sica - -D - - - DHCP habilitado s Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Adaptador de t nel isatap interno rqc com Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n interno rqc com Descripci n Adaptador ISATAP de Microsoft Direcci n f sica - - - - - - -E DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Adaptador de t nel Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Direcci n f sica - - - - - - -E DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Este es el reporte de IP configuration all Thank you nbsp

A:IP detection

please do not report your post
it also mentioned in the report screen
Please use this form ONLY to request a Moderator in case of a problem. Reasons can include: requesting a thread be moved or closed, report advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. This is not a method of requesting technical assistance! Thanks!Click to expand...

i have moved your thread to a post of its own - this avoids confusion with trying to deal with two problems for two different users

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-detection.1093502/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi, I am having problem with my USB Ports. It can detect every old hardware that it has auto installed but recently it does not detect my new webcam and mp3 player when i plug them in. But the power is running perfectly alright. What should I do?

A:Usb Detection

do you mean you can plug your usb printer in ,turn it on and it works fine, turn it off and plug your mp3 player in to the same port and then turn it on and it will not be recognized. make sure these things are removed properly (safely remove hardware) and if they were not you may have to uninstall then re-install the software
for these devices.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76417/usb-detection/
Relevancy 33.54%

I got this new Phillips 20 inch Lcd Tv and i was planning on using it as my monitor also.
Model is 20pf5120/28
When my comp starts i can go into the bios using the monitor. But when the windows xp is done loading it says no video detected. I uninstalled the video drivers and booted in safe mode and was able to get windows started using the new tv. But when i tried to reinstall the display drivers it cut off the screen during installation to show that there was no video detected.

What is the problem anyone know? Maby i need new drivers off the internet. Mine were from the cd.

A:LCD TV: No Detection

Make sure that the refresh rate is low, LCD have no need for a high rate, stick to 60 Hz.

Higher rates will cause an LCD monitor to blank, although the usual message is "out of range", that may differ with the TV.

But a 20" TV with 800 x 600 resolution (and you have to use that "native resolution" with that LCD) is going to look - well, horrible, I predict.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-tv-no-detection.498500/
Relevancy 33.54%

i have a custom system and i had some bios problems and i finnaly fixed it but now my computer cant detect any IDE devices. what should i do?

A:No IDE detection

I am new to this site as well but I do know some things. Make sure your bios settings enable plug and play devices in windows xp. Check the settings in the bios before you start your computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-ide-detection.83895/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello! I have a Gateway GT4224m, since I got it the fan was really noisy and used to burst and stop completely.

Asked support and they said it was ok, so, got used to the huge noise and bursts every 15-20 seconds.

Anyway, the fan was detected by speedfan and lavalys Everest program. Now, the fan is dead and i replaced it with a CoolerMaster Blade Master 80.

The fan is running smoothly no big busts, but now that i tried to check speedfan and Everest, the fan is not detected at all.

Did i do something wrong replacing it? Or do i need to install some sort of driver for the cpu fan to be recognized?

There is no error messages so far. And temperature fell down from 70C to 34, before it used to be 41" with the noisy fan.

Thanks!

A:Detection of a new CPU fan

Did you plug the new fan into the same fan header as the old one? Is it plugged into the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/detection-of-a-new-cpu-fan.150554/
Relevancy 33.54%

ok i know there is a harddive in my computer but when it boots up and i go into bios. i try to detect it but it's not there. it detects the cd burner when its hooked up to the same place as the harddrive was , with th same cord also, it will detect cd burners and stuff but not harddrives. i've also tried differnt harddrives. also when i let it boot up it says no boot record on ide , cd , or floppy even though a mandrake 10.1 install cd is in the cd drive.
do i have to do something to make it detect the mandrake cd. it's searching for the boot record so maybe it doesn't want to see mandrake. but any help would be usefull.
Thanks.

A:no ide detection

Your IDE controller may be going bad. That is if you have actually set the jumpers on the hard drive correctly, honour the plug order for 80-wire cable and have set the computer to actually try to boot from the CD or floppy.

You should try with another bootable CD too in case the one you have is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-ide-detection.21773/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey yall,Im having some problems with the conficker worm. I have cleaned it from my computer and several other pcs. and have Symantec Endpoint installed on them.But im having an issue when i log in to the pcs, symantec says there were detections while i was logged out. When i check the logs it says it was the conficker. Is there any program i can use to detect where these infections are coming from? Looks like symantec is blocking it. But its getting sent from some pc on my network. and i do not know which one Any help would be appreciated thanks! ---PandaPS Sorry if this is the wrong section for this type of post

A:IP Detection?

Hackers use "port scanning" to search for vulnerable computers with open ports using IP addresses or a group of random IP address ranges so they can break in and install malicious programs (viruses, Trojans). Botnets and Zombie computers scour the net, randomly scanning a block of IP addresses, searching for vulnerable ports - commonly probed ports and make repeated attempts to access them. If your computer is sending out large amounts of data, this usually indicates that your system may have a virus or a Trojan horse.If your firewall provides an alert which indicates it has blocked access to a port that does not necessarily mean your system has been compromised. The alerts allow the firewall to notify you in various ways about possible penetration and intrusion attempts on your computer. It is not unusual for a firewall to provide numerous alerts regarding such attempted access. However, not all unrequested traffic is malevolent. Even your ISP will send out regular checks to see if your computer is still there, so you may need to investigate an attempted intrusion. You can use netstat, a command-line tool that displays incoming and outgoing network connections, from a command prompt to obtain Local/Foreign Addresses, PID and listening state.netstat /? lists all available parameters that can be used.netstat -a lists all active TCP connections and the TCP and UDP ports on which the computer is listening.netstat -b lists all active TCP connections, Foreign Address, State and process ID (PID) for each connection.netstat -n lists active TCP connections. Addresses and port numbers are expressed numerically and no attempt is made to determine names.netstat -o lists active TCP connections and includes the process ID (PID) for each connection. You can find the application based on the PID on the Processes tab in Windows Task Manager. This parameter can be combined with -a, -n, and -p (example: netstat -ano).-- If the port in question is listed as "Listening" there is a possibility that it is in use by a Trojan server but your firewall, if properly configured, should have blocked any attempt to access it.You can use Process Monitor, an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity or various network traffic monitoring tools for troubleshooting and malware investigation.There are third party utilities that will allow you to manage, block, and view detailed listings of all TCP and UDP endpoints on your system, including local/remote addresses, state of TCP connections and the process that opened the port:TCPView for WindowsCurrPortsDiamondCS OpenPortsAnalogX PortBlockerEmsa Port BlockerCaution: If you're going to start blocking ports, be careful which ones you block or you may lose Internet connectivity. For a list of TCP/UDP ports and notes about them, please refer to:Ports for Internet ServicesList of Well Known and Registered TCP and UDP port numbersIANA.org Registry of Port NumbersPorts List (all)Searchable Ports DatabaseYou can investigate IP addresses and gather additional information at:SamSpade.org WhoisDNS Stuff WHOISDomain Toolsrobtex.comNetwork-Tools.com whois?All Net Tools SmartWhois

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277797/ip-detection/
Relevancy 33.11%

This hasn't come up for me in a very long time so I'm looking for a little input.

I have a client whose email and a online account of another nature were both hacked.
I am fairly sure whoever did it simply compromised the hotmail account password somehow.

I have been scanning the machine with everything in creation in an attempt to locate possible keyloggers so far without any hits. (superantispyware did find a ton of cookies it didn't like though)

Anyhow a complete rebuild of the system drive would be very , very time consuming given the nature of the system and the fact they have not made any backups.

So I'm just looking for some ideas to possibly help determine if there were any keyloggers present.

Outside of that, what's the likelihood of a hotmail account being compromised? For the record it was a very simple password, so I do believe it may have been subject to brute force.

A:Keylogger detection

Hi,

If all the usual stuff hasn't picked anything up, then it may be time to go for the hardcore tools, but you will need guidance for that.

I recommend contacting Jacee or Corinne to help you this.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/237841-keylogger-detection.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi guys thanks in advance for this The AVG Virus detected box keeps appearing on my laptop running Windows Deleting fixing and quarantine don t help Here s the HJT log file please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C rdriv.sys AVG detection WINNT System rdriv.sys AVG detection smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA rdriv.sys AVG detection Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Conexant AccessRunner ADSL CnxDslTb exe C WINNT system csrs exe C WINNT system bhwm exe C WINNT system internat exe C Documents and Settings Iain My Documents Global Env Change HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe quot O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run CnxDslTaskBar C Program Files Conexant AccessRunner ADSL CnxDslTb exe O - HKLM Run Client Server Runtime Process C WINNT system csrs exe O - HKLM Run WinSock C WINNT system bhwm exe O - HKCU Run internat exe internat exe O - Startup Internet Explorer lnk C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE O - Startup Outlook Express lnk C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe O - Startup Windows Media Player lnk C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C CB -A AF- FC - AC -BF BDE NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip C CB -A AF- FC - AC -BF BDE NameServer O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - VERITAS Software Corp - C WINNT System dmadmin exe O - Service MicroSoft Media Tools - Unknown owner - C WINNT MSmedia exe Thanks nbsp

A:rdriv.sys AVG detection

hi, welcome to TSG.
you don't appear to have a firewall, even if you have a router you still need
a software frewall, downlaod the one from the link below!
Filseclab Personal Firewall Professional Edition
http://www.filseclab.com/eng/download/downloads.htm
use this site to confgure filseclab , see page 7 and post 165 of that thread!

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=92710
Use this site's shields up to test filseclab and see if it is stealthing, some rules may have to be changed to " out " to pass the tests!
http://grc.com/
download rdrivRem.zip
http://www.atribune.org/downloads/rdrivrem.zip

* Unzip it to your desktop.
Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your
computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your
up arrow key to highlight "Safe Mode" then hit enter.

Please go into the rdrivrem folder and double-click rdrivRem.bat to run the
program - follow the instructions on the screen. After it's complete,
rdriv.txt will be created in the rdrivRem folder.

Reboot into normal mode and paste the new rdriv.txt file. for me here as well
as a startup list as detailed below.
Click Start > Run > and type in:

services.msc

Click OK.

In the services window find MicroSoft Media Tools
Right click and choose "Properties". On the "General" tab under "Service
Status" click the "Stop" button to stop the service. Beside "Startup Type"
in the dropdown menu select "Disabled". Click Apply then OK. Exit the
Services utility.

Note: You may get an error here when trying to access the properties of the
service. If you do get an error, just select the service and look there in
the top left of the main service window and click "Stop" to stop the service. If that gives an error or it is already stopped, just skip this step and proceed with the rest.

Download the pocket killbox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php

Please download WebRoot SpySweeper from HERE (It's a 2 week trial):

http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/spysweeper/index.html?acode=af1&rc=4129
* Click the Free Trial link under "Downloads/SpySweeper" to download the program.
* Install it. Once the program is installed, it will open.
* It will prompt you to update to the latest definitions, click Yes.
* Once the definitions are installed, click Options on the left side.
* Click the Sweep Options tab.
* Under What to Sweep please put a check next to the following:
o
o Sweep Memory
o Sweep Registry
o Sweep Cookies
o Sweep All User Accounts
o Enable Direct Disk Sweeping
o Sweep Contents of Compressed Files
o Sweep for Rootkits
o Please UNCHECK Do not Sweep System Restore Folder.
* Click Sweep Now on the left side.
* Click the Start button.
* When it's done scanning, click the Next button.
* Make sure everything has a check next to it, then click the Next button.
* It will remove all of the items found.
* Click Session Log in the upper right corner, copy everything in that window.
* Click the Summary tab and click Finish.
* Paste the contents of the session log you copied into your next reply.
After running spysweeper run these scans!

* Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite here
http://www.ewido.net/en/

* Install ewido.
* During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
* Launch ewido
* It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen
* On the left side of the main screen click update
* Click on Start and let it update.
* DO NOT run a scan yet. You will do that later in safe mode.

* Click here to download ATF Cleaner by Atribune and save it to your desktop.
http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html
* Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
* Under Main ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rdriv-sys-avg-detection.450494/
Relevancy 33.11%

what is the best software to detec keyloggers and hidden software such as acespy and sniperspy? is there detection software specifically designed for these types of spyware instead of just general scans like avast and malwarebytes?

A:keylogger detection

Hi,

Keyloggers are often used by concerned parents, employers, administrators, etc., in which case we would not be offering any assistance. You would be advised to discuss the issue with the involved party.

However, if you suspect your system may be infected by malware with key-logging capabilities, then, please follow our pre-posting process outlined below.
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/keylogger-detection-615948.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I'm having problems with some sites (like Yahoo) thinking that I am not running IE. My machine: XP SP2, IE 6.0 with latest updates. I used to run both IE and Firefox, but I've since removed Firefox.

Somewhere along the way, something got changed so that sites do not detect that I am running IE. For example, Yahoo thinks I'm running Netscape. It is driving me crazy. I've looked up solutions such as the browscap.ini file, and the UserAgent setting in the Registry, but no luck.

Can anyone provide some insight on how a site like Yahoo might determine what browser I'm running, and what I could possibly tweak to fix this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/browser-detection-32076.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Started up one of my computers today, and when I try to open IE explorer, it won't open and Norton AV gives me the message of "An intrusion attempt was blocked" listing the risk name as UXP Detection 59003. I can find nothing on this item. Help! It's my main computer, what can I do?

A:UXP Detection 59003

Found the answer. Norton antivirus made a change in their IPS technology that messed with IE7. They put a patch in an update. If anyone else is experiencing this, run Live update again and that should fix the problem. I should dump NAV when my subscription is over, causes more problems than it fixes or so it seems.

I was told elsewhere that I didn't follow posting directions correctly. Mea culpa, newbies can be annoying. Sorry.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257876/uxp-detection-59003/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am running windows Xp Pro and have many issues with removing the badware that has found it s way into my system Symptoms include sudden freezes blue screen crashes detection Rootkit MBR logging off users when switching between them virus software not loading or being able to re install e mail duplications and phishing emails processes seem to be going to fast and the computer seems quot busy quot a lot of the time Also noticed the quot help assistant folder quot MBR Rootkit detection keeps reappearing and growing have turned that off and deleted it several times Games don t run correctly and in general a messed up computer Thank you in advance for your service and assistance The logs requested are attached below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Keith at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exesvchost exeC Documents and Settings Keith Belcher PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files iWin Games iWinTrusted exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System HPZipm exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Documents and Settings Keith Belcher Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo comuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search live com results aspx q searchTerms amp src referrer source uStart Page hxxp www msn comuDefault Page URL hxxp www msn commSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmluInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuInternet Settings ProxyOverride uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo comuURLSearchHooks iWin Toolbar ce c -da - b-acdb- d bcb bf - c program files iwin tbiWin dllBHO D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - No FileBHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefender dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Easy Photo Print dd - f- -a ca- df ac ea - c program files epson software easy photo print EPTBL dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO iWin Toolbar ce c -da - b-acdb- d bcb bf - c program files iwin tbiWin dllBHO MSN Toolba... Read more

A:MBR Rootkit detection

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted logs, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logAlso, please subscribe to this topic, so you are notified when someone replies. Please continue to check manually on occasion, as every now and then the email may be caught by your spam filter.To enable topic notifications you should do the following:Click on the My Controls link at the top of the page to enter your control panel.Scroll down to the Options category in the left hand side menu bar and click on the Email Settings link.Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled Enable 'Email Notification' by default?.Set the If ticked, choose default type: menu option to Immediate Email Notification to have an email sent immediately when someone replied.Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291534/mbr-rootkit-detection/
Relevancy 33.11%

I had did a scan and found these on my computer Here is the report Avira AntiVir Personal Report file date Sunday December Scanning for virus strains and unwanted programs The program is running as an unrestricted full version Online services are available Licensee Avira Virus Please me. help Anybody detection. AntiVir Personal - FREE Antivirus Serial number -ADJIE- Platform Windows XP Windows version Service Pack Boot mode Normally booted Username SYSTEM Computer name XP-E Version information BUILD DAT Bytes AVSCAN EXE Bytes AVSCAN DLL Bytes LUKE DLL Bytes LUKERES DLL Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes Virus detection. Please help me. Anybody VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE Virus detection. Please help me. Anybody VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes VBASE VDF Bytes Engineversion AEVDF DLL Bytes AESCRIPT DLL Bytes AESCN DLL Bytes AESBX DLL Bytes AERDL DLL Bytes AEPACK DLL Bytes AEOFFICE DLL Bytes AEHEUR DLL Bytes AEHELP DLL Bytes AEGEN DLL Bytes AEEMU DLL Bytes AECORE DLL Bytes AEBB DLL Bytes AVWINLL DLL Bytes AVPREF DLL Bytes AVREP DLL Bytes AVREG DLL Bytes AVSCPLR DLL Bytes AVARKT DLL Bytes AVEVTLOG DLL Bytes SQLITE DLL Bytes AVSMTP DLL Bytes NETNT DLL Bytes RCIMAGE DLL Bytes RCTEXT DLL Bytes Configuration settings for the scan Jobname Local Drives Configuration file D Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop alldrives avp Logging low Primary action interactive Secondary action ignore Scan master boot sector on Scan boot sector on Boot sectors C D E Process scan on Scan registry on Search for rootkits off Integrity checking of system files off Scan all files Intelligent file selection Scan archives on Recursion depth Smart extensions on Macro heuristic on File heuristic medium Start of the scan Sunday December The scan of running processes will be started Scan process avscan exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process plugin-container exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process firefox exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process alg exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process hpqSTE exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process WMPNetwk exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process svchost exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process sprtsvc exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process HPZipm exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process mdm exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process McciCMService exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process jqs exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process avshadow exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process ITMRTSVC exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process svchost exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process mDNSResponder exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process AppleMobileDeviceService exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process avguard exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process ComcastAntiSpyService exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process svchost exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process hpqtra exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process ComcastAntispy exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process ctfmon exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process sprtcmd exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process avgnt exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process LVCOMSX EXE - Module s have been scanned Scan process Res EXE - Module s have been scanned Scan process brs exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process RTHDCPL EXE - Module s have been scanned Scan process sched exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process spoolsv exe - Module s have been scanned Scan process Explorer EXE - Module s have been scanned Scan process svchost exe - Module s have been scanned Sc... Read more

Relevancy 33.11%

Hey everyone.

So I know I have one keylogger on my computer (PC Weasel) my parents put it there a year or so ago. It's also really easy to detect it shows up in the procces part of system manager and in SpyBot. But now I'm wondering if there might also be another one installed since that ones not on. Or maybe they finally realized how stupid it was? But anyway, would there be a way to tell? I haven't seen anything in the the system processes and nothin shows up on Spybot and such. That mean I'm good?

A:Keylogger Detection?

to BC. Wouldn't it be the simplest to have a heart to heart with your parents and simply ask them?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82141/keylogger-detection/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello everyone When we talk about cyber attacks APT and advanced attacks quite often there is confusion because for antivirus manufacturers the main goal seems to be to neutralize malware It doesn t matter how advanced But behind APT&Co. Detection Response and about such an attack there are humans not bits Therefore the goal should be to focus on attackers and NOT malware It s only a tool that although neutralized is quickly replaced by another Because there is a strategy of attack The attitude of many security departments against a compromise continues to be Alarm infected machine Identifying the infected machine Attempt disinfection machine But it is possible that the malware is still on your PC waiting for the moment to infect the machine again and simultaneously stealing personal data This is a scenario that may Detection and Response about APT&Co. occur Well in my opinion it s necessary to reflect on the need to focus on the context not the malware on the attack strategy and not about the used tools malware Only in this way it becomes possible to understand what is happening and response planning Planning that considers the analysis incident understanding of tactics and Detection and Response about APT&Co. action to neutralize the entire attack Detection and Response about APT&Co. by preventing data theft In two words detection and response nbsp

A:Detection and Response about APT&Co.

First thing any good admin have to do to react properly at any attack is to setup several honeypots at key area of the network. Unfortunately , many don't even know what is an honeypot...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/detection-and-response-about-apt-co.52110/
Relevancy 33.11%

at 13:25 in this video, Zemana only found 1/4 malware & hitmanpro found all of it.

I'm trying to figure out why? I thought Zemana had more databases?
@The PC Security Channel

A:Zemana's Detection?

More databases doesn't always mean a better result. Itkind of surprises me as well. Maybe it has something to do with the databases they aere using possibly outdated?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/zemanas-detection.62577/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have Avira AntiVir Personal Edition on my computer. It keeps on detecting TR/Vundo.Gen. It gives the options of what to do with it. I click on the Delete box to delete it. But a few seconds later the same detection will pop up again and again. I don't know what to do with it. Many times I'll have 3 detection boxes that pops up at the same time and they all say TR/Vundo.Gen

A:Repeated Detection

Hi lo0p,Welcome to BCTry the BC tutorial in the link below to remove the malwarehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18610/how-to-remove-winfixer-virtumonde-msevents-trojanvundob/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74881/repeated-detection/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi there,

I clicked on a link in Facebook and I think it has given my machine a virus. I ran MSE which picked up 3 or 4 severe threatss. Have got MSE to remove these threats from my machine but my machine is still running slow. If I have to do a reinstall can windows easy transfer copy and reinstall my drivers. If not does anyone have any good free software links that will backup and reinstall my drivers? Im downloading AVG free just now to see if that can pick up anything. Have ran malwarebytes. I think this could be looking at a reinstall now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Virus detection

Hi clark,

you only need one AV pkg - MSE seems to be favored around here. I don't have a dog in that fight, so since you have MSE, stick with it.

MalwareBytes (MwB) is a good companion to any AV software - keep MwB too. I'm not sure why you think you have to re-install (slowness?) if your system came up clean MSE, MwB). That's an awful big hammer to use, but.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/231592-virus-detection.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Greetings! I'm about to do some "cloning" of Windows 8 HDDs to SSDs and have a quick question.

WIn7 used some crude method at build time to determine whether the build volume was an SSD or not. Once the build was done, any change in storage family for the OS-based drive (i.e. HDD to SSD cloning) would not be detected... many changes would be required to get TRIM, etc. to function properly on the new SSD.

Does Windows 8 use a drive family detection method that is dynamic enough to do proper drive discovery following these types of storage operations. or will I have to "tweak" the heck out of it to get everything optimal again for the new SSD?

Thanks in advance for all your help with this...

A:SSD Detection under Windows 8

I'm not sure how running winsat diskformal on Windows 7 was necessarily difficult, but assuming you had a second-gen SSD drive you shouldn't have had to tweak anything to have Windows 7 work properly on an SSD. Remember that moving the OS without running sysprep is technically not something Microsoft supports, so it's not surprising they didn't create a way on Windows 7 to detect that you've changed the boot medium to a totally different storage medium without running sysprep. In any case, I'm checking but I believe that Windows 8 will still detect an SSD at build time, but if you change storage without running sysprep you'll have to run the winsat command again (at least) to get it to update the information and set the drive up as an SSD instead of a mechanical disk.

Given winsat should be run at build time or after sysprep for a number of things (not just detecting disk parameters and performance), you should consider doing it anyway when you change system components it measures.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/15607-ssd-detection-under-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 33.11%

hi im trying to make a game where a fire ball is fired and if it hits a trget it should blow up. the prob is how do i tell the program the ball has hit the target. say the fire ball was pic1 and the target pic2 how to i test collision. plz help
thanx

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, i have a samsungcd/dvd burner and am having trouble getting the computer to detect it. i have it set as a slave, since i have a cd-rom drive as the master. Also, i am getting power to it.

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi gurus I am working on a website for my wedding go check it out I originally started out branching my index page based on screen resolutions I know some of the people on our wedding list are using old machines with inch browser detection monitors most likely at x resolutions So I designed my page for x and I created one special page for those using x That works like a browser detection charm Here s my problem now and this is something I ve never tried to deal with before A majority of our wedding guests use AOL I know this because I have their email browser detection addresses Well I have an quot auto-maximize quot javascript installed on a few pages with the home page being one of them and it s supposed to maximize the window to the full resolution of the viewer minus pixels in each direction This works great for IE and Netscape browsers of course AOL s browser however treats it differently and on most screens I ve viewed my pages on the bottom frame is completely off the screen Since that frame is a navigation frame I kind of need it to be on the screen at all times I know there is some way to detect the AOL browser through an http user agent string but I have yet to find a script out there that s easy enough for me to configure to do this I need to detect the AOL browser and at the same time detect the resolution so I can branch all AOL users using x off to a special page Anyone that s using a non-AOL browser and has at least an x screen resolution will go to my normal home page Does anyone have a script or know of where I can get one that s easy to adapt Thanks Richard nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi I ran AdwCleaner on AdwCleaner log detection my PC and this came up I d like to know whether I should delete anything in the log that came up AdwCleaner v - Report created at Updated by Xplode Operating System Windows Vista TM Home Premium Service AdwCleaner detection log Pack bits Username sim Running from C Users sim Downloads Downloaded Application Installers AdwCleaner exe Option Scan Services Files Folders Folder Found C Program Files GreenTree AdwCleaner detection log Applications Folder Found C Users sim AppData Local AVG Secure Search Folder Found C Users sim AppData Local AVG Security Toolbar Folder AdwCleaner detection log Found C Users sim AppData Roaming pccustubinstaller Shortcuts Registry Key Found HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchScopes CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD Key Found HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Schedule TaskCache Tasks ED F CF- B - DBD-AD -E D BBAB Key Found HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Installer UserData S- - - Components FF AEFF EEA A A B C B Key Found HKLM Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Installer UserData S- - - Components B CE C A DB F F Value Found HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar WebBrowser CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD Value Found HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD Browsers - Internet Explorer v - Mozilla Firefox v en-US File C Users sim AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles re gdzkh default pre fs js File C Users sim AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles shccq q default pref s js - Google Chrome v File C Users sim AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default preferences File C Users sim AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default preferences AdwCleaner R txt - octets - EOF - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner R txt - octets Thank you very much nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

So some minutes ago my antivirus denied access to some temp file I never rember gettin, PUA Candy gen or something along those lines. I scaned the whole temp folder and found another virus identical to this 1 and a couple of suspicious files. Needles to say I am curently scanning the drivers for more viruses. I deleted the whole temp folder.
I'm not sure if I should be afraid, rework my passwords or what else, I don't usually get viruses as I scan every download so i don't know where those came from.
Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/385347-what-do-i-do-after-malware-detection.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Not too long ago I saw a link in a thread that would anlayze the various drivers on a system and make suggestions as to which ones needed to be upgraded as well as the site to go for the upgrade. Does anyone know where I can find that site?

Thanks

A:Driver Detection

http://www.lavalys.com

Download and install Everest Home Edition, which is freeware. Reboot the system after installation, then run Everest and see what you learn.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-detection.419828/
Relevancy 33.11%

i just got a new mp4 player for xmas today and everything was installed and ran fine. however the second time i plugged the usb cable into the pc it was not detected by the computer. i am using windows xp and i just got all the updates i dont have. everytime i plug the player in, the screen lights up, but the computer cannot detect it. this has happened to my graphing calculator also. i also reinstalled the drivers for the usb ports too. the player i am using is creative labs zen portable media center. any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 33.11%

Iam thinking of installing AVG Internet Security as I know its Anti-Spyware program is brilliant with over 801,000 signatures....
I currently have trials of Kaspersky AV running alongside of AVG AntiSpyware...
I know that these two running together make for great protection but I would like to have
the same protection in just 1 security suite....

what would TSG users recommend>?

I used to think BitDefender was great but had too many False Positives and new versions 10 and 2008 dont even work properley..(BDISv2008 absolutley botched my PC and had to re-install windows to get it working right again...)

Is there such a security suite that has the detection rates for spyware and viruses like Kaspersky and AVG AS put together?

Relevancy 33.11%

have win xp in a VAIO SONY PC. Did a full pc recovery with Sony recovery disks. Now am trying to install my Sony external DVD DRIVE. I can insert a dvd disk in the drive and can play it, but my pc does not detect the drive. It is not shown in the BIOS. It is not shown in the MY COMPUTER menu under CD -dvd drives. It is shown in the PROGRAM menu
I did install the software as directed.
How do I get my pc to detect the drive ??

Relevancy 33.11%

Please help! The good news is it looks like Norton is stopping whatever this is but I am still nervous. Does anyone know what the means....
Attempted Intrusion "MSSQL_Stack_Overflow" against your machine was detected and blocked
Intruder: 68.41.187.172(1228)
Risk Level: High
Protocol: UDP
Attacked IP: DEBORAH(**.**.***.***).
Attacked Port: ms-sql-m(1434)

I am getting about 10 of these a day.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intrusion-detection.243529/
Relevancy 33.11%

Lately my computer stoped working and lots of pop ups every time I go on line It became extreamely slow and I have to reboot every minutes And I can't download any programs my computer is not moving Please help Here is my log pop detection, ups Virumonde file Thank you Julia Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Yuliya on - - Computer is in Virumonde detection, pop ups Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost Virumonde detection, pop ups exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxCfg exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxFwHlp exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxPol exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxAgent exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus isafe exe C Program Files CA SharedComponents PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Virumonde detection, pop ups Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus vetmsg exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfsem exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Yuliya Application Data dobe winspool exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Yuliya Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE A RE Y dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www microsoft com isapi redir amp plcid x R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B - C F- BDA- D E-B B C FC - C WINDOWS system iifdc dll O - BHO no name - FC - E - F -AD - F DC FCAA - C WINDOWS system ddcdd dll file missing O - BHO b b-d - c -d -e fafc bb - bb cfaf- e- d- c - db b - C WINDOWS system jdrtuieh dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO no name - EFC - - - - B CEC - C WINDOWS system qhoew dll O - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dll O - BHO no name - CB- D C- AF-BB D- B C D - C WINDOWS system khhgd dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll... Read more

A:Virumonde detection, pop ups

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/virumonde-detection-pop-ups-234556.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi AVG has identified rootkit infections on my PC as follows quot Detection name quot quot Inline hook ataport SYS DllUnload - gt spwm sys x E C quot quot Detection name quot quot Inline hook AVG Rootkit detection PCIIDEX SYS DllUnload - AVG Rootkit detection gt spwm sys x E C quot quot Detection name quot quot atapi AVG Rootkit detection sys hooked import ataport SYS AtaPortReadPortUchar - gt spwm sys x EADC quot quot Detection name quot quot atapi sys hooked import ataport SYS AtaPortWritePortUchar - gt spwm sys x F E quot quot Detection name quot quot atapi sys hooked import ataport SYS AtaPortWritePortUlong - gt spwm sys x E C quot quot Detection name quot quot atapi sys AVG Rootkit detection hooked import ataport SYS AtaPortWritePortBufferUshort - gt spwm sys x F quot quot Detection name quot quot pci sys hooked import ntoskrnl exe IoAttachDeviceToDeviceStack - gt spwm sys x C quot quot Detection name quot quot pci sys hooked import ntoskrnl exe IoDetachDevice - gt spwm sys x BE quot I tried using the AVG quot Remove selected quot feature but the infections are still there when I rescanned The files according to AVG are all called quot Object name quot quot C Windows System Drivers spwm sys quot Some system info - I am running Win - I use AVG for antivirus but also have Malwarebytes and SbyBot Search amp Destroy installed I also have the MagicDisc virtual CD DVD program installed I have not noticed any problematic behaviour of my PC other than this AVG report Based on additional info requested in a very similar thread lower down this forum I have already run TDSSKiller and aswMBR just the scan did not try and fix anything Before finding this forum I also ran ran GMER default settings quot show all quot not selected The TDSSKiller log was too long to fit on a forum post but the report from aswMBR and the output from the Rootkit Malware tab of GMER are below aswMBR Log aswMBR version Copyright copy AVAST Software Run date - - ----------------------------- OS Version Windows x Service Pack Number of processors x A ComputerName JONATHAN-PC UserName Jonathan Initialize success AVAST engine defs Disk boot Device Harddisk DR - gt Device Ide IdeDeviceP T L - Disk Vendor SAMSUNG HD UJ AA Size MB BusType Disk MBR read successfully Disk MBR scan Disk Windows default MBR code Disk Partition A HPFS NTFS NTFS MB offset Disk scanning C Windows system drivers Service scanning Modules scanning Disk trace - called modules ntoskrnl exe CLASSPNP SYS disk sys ACPI sys gt gt UNKNOWN xfffffa f c lt lt spwm sys ataport SYS pciide sys nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Harddisk DR xfffffa be CLASSPNP SYS fffff a f f - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt xfffffa ACPI sys fffff b a - gt nt IofCallDriver - gt Device Ide IdeDeviceP T L - xfffffa Driver atapi xfffffa - gt IRP MJ CREATE - gt xfffffa f c AVAST engine scan C Windows AVAST engine scan C Windows system AVAST engine scan C Windows system drivers AVAST engine scan C Users Jonathan Disk MBR has been saved successfully to quot C Users Jonathan Desktop MBR dat quot The log file has been saved successfully to quot C Users Jonathan Desktop aswMBR txt quot Rootkit Malware tab of GMER GMER - http www gmer net Rootkit scan - - Windows Service Pack Running mcvobty exe ---- Registry - GMER ---- Reg HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services sptd Cfg s Reg HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services sptd Cfg s Reg HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services sptd Cfg h Reg HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services sptd Cfg D C C ED E C D Reg HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services sptd Cfg D C C ED E C D h Reg HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services sptd Cfg D C C ED E C D ujdew x A x A x D x Reg HKLM SYSTEM ControlSet services sptd Cfg D C C ED E C D not active ControlSet Reg HKLM SYSTEM ControlSet services sptd Cfg D C C ED E C D h Reg HKLM SYSTEM ControlSet services sptd Cfg D C C ED E C D ujdew x A x A x D x Reg HKCU Software Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion AppCompatFlags Compatibility Assistant Persisted C Users Jonathan AppData ... Read more

A:AVG Rootkit detection

Please uninstall Daemon tools from add or remove programsDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your replyDownloadMalwarebytesInstall,update and run a full scan Click on Show results.Right click on the list ,select all and remove them.Post the generated log hereDownloadmini toolboxCheckmark following boxes: Flush DNSReport IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size List restore pointsClick Go and post the result.DownloadFarbar service scanner Checkmark all the boxesClick on "Scan".Please copy and paste the log to your reply.Downloadadware cleanerLaunch it click on DeleteA log should be generated after scan ,post it hereDownloadJunkware removal tool` For vista and windows 7 right click on the tool and select run as administrator After scan gets completed,post the generated log here.`

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472017/avg-rootkit-detection/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have just bought a secondhand HP Omnibook 6000 laptop windows XP which has a working CD drive, I tried to swap it for a DVD drive but after changing it over the laptop would not detect it, any idears

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 and for some reason it cannot or won't detect ANY networks. I have to use my ethernet cord to get internet so I know that my router is just fine.

A:Network detection

Has wireless ever worked for this laptop or is this a recent issue?
Have you recently re-installed the operating system?
Do you have any other devices in your house that work via wifi?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-detection-596053.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey,

So I just finished building my computer and everything works fine.I do have a question concerning RAM detection. I clearly installed 4 gigs of ram (1gig x4 slots) but the computer is only recognizing 2.5gigs of it.

Do you think my motherboard (nForce 780i, even though it has 4 slots and is brand new so this wouldn't make sense) allows only 2.5gigs of ram to be used at any one time?

or

Do you think it's windows xp being lame?

or maybe something else? :|

A:Ram detection problem

32-bit XP (or any 32-bit OS, for that matter) cannot use 4 GB's of RAM. You will need to get xp-64 to use it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-detection-problem.684014/
Relevancy 33.11%

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, and have just completed a rootkit scan with AVG 2011 free edition. It's thrown up the following:

Object name: C:\WINDOWS\assembly\ngenlock.dat
Detection name: Hidden file
Object type: file
SDK type: Rootkit
Result: Object is hidden

Anyone got any idea what this is? I gather that AVG does detect non malicious stuff as well as malicious, so hopefully this is in that category.

By the way, I've just done a Malwarebytes scan, which found no infection.
Thanks.

A:AVG rootkit detection

It looks to be a data file. Some types of malware use data files as part of the infection and they may contain all autocomplete login names and passwords for web sites visited, including e-mail accounts. However, not all hidden components detected by ARKs are malicious. The only thing I can find on ngenlock.dat is here.What did AVG do with the file? Anytime you come across a suspicious file or suspect a detection may be a false positive, submit it to AVG for further analysis.AVG Forum: How To Handle Suspicious False Positive Detection? <- includes instructions for rootkit detectionsAVG FAQ 2321: What to do when I suspect any file it is infected? <- for suspicious files not detected or not in the vaultAVG FAQ 2142: How to upload a file to our FTP serverAVG FAQ 2159: How to create a password-protected archiveIf the file has been placed in the Virus Vault, then follow these directions:AVG FAQ 3427: I have some files in the AVG Virus Vault. Should I remove them?AVG FAQ 2343: AVG detects infection on file that I suppose to be clean-- Even though the instructions say if you suspect the file is clean but you still have doubts, submit them anyway using this method.Chapter 10.8 of the AVG Anti-Virus 2011 User Manual and Chapter 9.5 of the AVG Internet Security 2011 User Manual explain more detail about the virus vault. These manuals are also a good resource for explaining components, settings, and other information.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357243/avg-rootkit-detection/
Relevancy 33.11%

I may have acquired a key logger.  I have run scans including rootlets with Norton Power Scan and Malwarebytes with no detection.  However, when doing downloads from a site claiming to be Kindle support, PUPS show up, blocking the download.  Is this an infection or just a malicious site?  Is there a better scan program to use?  I may have been using a bad site for Kindle, although, Norton says it was safe.  The support site immediately said I had a virus and could be removed for $200.  They told me to go to a site, www.99mb.org or I would never be able to use my Kindle.  This site would allow them to get into my computer.  This left me in a fury.  It turns out that my trouble with Kindle was that the download I wanted was not available for 24 hours.

A:KEY LOGGER DETECTION

It could be both, however it looks like Norton blocked the download and as such the infection wouldn't have gotten to your computer.  The only sites you should be downloading anything kindle related from would be through amazon directly, or a library etc.  I'm not personally aware of any virus that can infect the kindle.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19670756
Relevancy 33.11%

need help my computer is acting crazy Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan detection malware saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows malware detection system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows malware detection Explorer EXEC Program Files Google malware detection Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Windows System wpcumi exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Acer Empowering Technology NotificationCenter Framework NotificationCenter exeC Windows System wercon exeC Users jen AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users jen AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW a m aspire x R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home alot com client id F A on R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en us acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDStoolbar dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startupO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run WPCUMI C Windows system WpcUmi exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run MSSE quot C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe quot -hide -runkeyO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenterO - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exeO - HKCU Run swg... Read more

A:malware detection

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.1.Please do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!2.Please reply to this thread, do not start another!3.Please tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.4.Please tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.5.Please try as much as possible not to run anything while executing a fix.If you follow these instructions, everything should go smoothly.Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.I would like to get a better look at your system, please do the following so I can get some more detailed logs.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyGmerDownload GMER Rootkit Scanner from here.Double click the .exe file. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consentIf it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NOIn the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...IAT/EATDrives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\) Show All (don't miss this one)Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finishOnce done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log fileSave it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply**Caution**Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entriesNote: Do not run any programs while Gmer is running.information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from GMER3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317545/malware-detection/
Relevancy 33.11%

Is it correct that windows xp detects pirate software and disables it as i am thinking of upgrading to xp , i have a program that i am not shore about .if so is it possible to disable the detection.

A:pirate detection

definitley not true

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pirate-detection.276731/
Relevancy 33.11%

I just received a lexmark 5200 series all in one printer. For some wild reason, my pc won't detect it. How can this be?? It's usb connected but my printer port still looks like the long one with the holes in it. what am i to do here?

A:No Detection Of Printer

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m not sure I understand what it is you`re saying.

As far as I`m aware, your Lexmark printer should be connected to your computer via a usb cable.

First switch on the power to the printer, but don`t plug it into a usb port on your computer yet.

Insert the installation cd that came with your printer, and install the drivers first.

During the driver installation, you may be prompted to connect your printer. If not just let the driver installation complete.

Now you should be able to connect your printer to your computer.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-detection-of-printer.41063/
Relevancy 33.11%

I posted yesterday about a warning I detection Trojan got from avg's resident shield It Trojan detection told me it had found a trojan horse infection in an accessed file during startup I've now been to both avg and Trojan detection a-squared's forums and have discovered that a number of people have had the same trouble - with avg they all apparently happened yesterday with a-squared it varied On the avg forum's advice I updated my avg free v then located and scanned the files in question - no infection was found I then ran a-squared free v updated it and did a smart scan which found low risk cookies I gather from the a-squared forum that anti- whatever programs sometimes detect crucial system files as threats when they aren't For anybody else who uses or both of these programs avg called it Trojan horse Generic ASTI and it appeared here C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Sigma Tel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe a-squared detected it as Trojan Win Patched aa A here C Windows System services exe Thanks to all at TSF for your advice and assistance I'm going to leave this one for the moment and see what happens

A:Trojan detection

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Thank you for letting us know. AVG confirms that it was a false positive and it has been resolved with a database update on 2010-04-07 23:03:41 CET.

http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free...193#post_80193

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/trojan-detection-474756.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Posting this here since it is mostly an OS related problem not the Camera I just now have started to have this problem Normally when I hooked up my Canon Powershot under USB XP. detection Please help! problems A I could just drag and copy my pictures I took Any time I hooked up the camera to the USB spot on the back of my laptop XP would recognize and open the directory up However now any time I plug my Camera in it shows it as an unrecognized USB device The Camera is fine but something went wrong under the hood with the USB set up I tried reinstalling any drivers that are associated with the camera through the Canon website driver area but it seems to have no effect and it still isn't recognized Has anyone run into this problem before I have two USB ports on the USB detection problems under XP. Please help! back of my computer which it lists as quot Unused port quot in the USB menu along with quot unknown device quot when I try to plug in the camera now Is there a way to manually set the driver I'm at a loss at what to do Thanks to anyone who can offer even SOME help When I check in the device manager and plug in the camera it gets listed as quot unknown device quot I can't seem to change the driver or set anything at all Or even find the regular camera usb driver Everything is as uptodate as possible I don't know what else to do

A:USB detection problems under XP. Please help!

Have you tired pluggin the camera into a different computer to make sure it is not a problem with it. You may also want to try a new cable if that does not work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-detection-problems-under-xp-please-help-87959.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have been a member on another forum in which use to recommend MSE to everyone and these days they are saying that MSE recently has been suffering from a low detection rate, does anyone know this to be a fact? I currently rely on Windows Defender but I am considering installing Avast! as that seems to be what everyone is recommending these days from what I am seeing on the web.

A:MSE low detection rate?

Originally Posted by DMGrier

I have been a member on another forum in which use to recommend MSE to everyone and these days they are saying that MSE recently has been suffering from a low detection rate, does anyone know this to be a fact? I currently rely on Windows Defender but I am considering installing Avast! as that seems to be what everyone is recommending these days from what I am seeing on the web.

Studies have shown that MSE does not provide the best protection when used alone and I'll leave it at that; however, Asast is not doing so well latelly either because their new Avast 2014 is causing many issues and I'm waiting for them to be fixed before I attempt to reinstall Avast:

Warning: Avast 2014 Causing Boot and Power Mgmt Issues

So, right now, we're both in the same boat because we're both depending on Defender alone and anticipating an Avast install sometime soon. Good luck and hope this information is helpful.

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/34822-mse-low-detection-rate.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I am running the Windows 8 Release Preview on my Dell Inspiron 570 desktop.
Everything was running fine until I tried to install a NETGEAR wireless internet adapter USB. The NETGEAR genie installed without issue but when it tries to detect the USB, the screen stays at "Dectecting adapter..." until I force close the program. It sat for two hours the other day without success.
The exact product is the WNA3100-10N300 WIRELESS-N USB.

If anyone knows what is causing this problem and (hopefully) a solution, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

A:Windows 8 USB detection

Is that Netgear product compatible with Windows 8, does it specifically say so on the packaging or documentation?

You must remember that Windows 8 is only a preview release version and that hardware manufacturer's are still testing there products with it. This means that at this stage some products will work, others won't. You cannot expect everything to be plain sailing with an OS that's still being tested.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-usb-detection.1060049/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi!

I just bought a new laptop a Gateway 4520GZ. I upgraded to XP Pro from XP Home.

Here are the product specs:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....4&type=product

The problem is when I startup Windows and I plug in USB devices, it takes Windows A LONG time to recognize them. This only happens in startup of the machine. I thought it was my wireless at first and I disabled it. After I startup Windows, it takes a few minutes before any of my USB flash drives/Wireless mouse gets recognized. After windows starts recognizing the USB devices, the laptop works perfectly. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

dfa_geko

A:XP Startup USB Detection

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-startup-usb-detection-14143.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey all,
I wasn't sure where this should belong.

So I've created a custom windows image with MDT and I've basically turned off UAC and turned on persistdevices. The image is made in a HyperV VM and it has been syspreped into OOBE Generalized.

So we install a ton of desktops through KVMs and we for some reason the installs do not imediately pickup mouse and keyboards. I have a better chance of it happening when the desktop is selected on the KVM. Though oddly enough if i plug a standard mouse in it kicks up and picks up the KVM. I was thinking of trying to run devcon to rescan devices at first logon after the image is unpacked and setup by us at time of install. Any other suggestions?

A:Issues with USB detection

Hi Shotme,
On persistantDevices is the value set to True.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397192-issues-usb-detection.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi!

I set my backup server the other day, it works like this.

Using a Batch File it copies all the folders to be backuped from my file server onto 2 seperate 160 Gig HDD's in removable Racks.

BUT!

I need a way to switch the hdd's on and off.
The problem I am having is when I turn the key on the rack itself the hdd doesnt really switch off. So I need to make this hot-swappable or something like this.

I dont know if this is possible, any advice...?

A:Power and Detection of HDD

Anybody? Help please! I am Really stuck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-and-detection-of-hdd.82633/
Relevancy 33.11%

I don't know how I messed it up but when I connect my Maxtor One Touch II USB Drive to the USB port of any computer, it is no longer recognized as a hard drive. Instead it is identified to the system as "USB Device" or "USB DVB-T" and of course it is not recognized as a hard drive.

How do I reset the Maxtor Drive to be recognized to the USB port as what it truly is?

A:USB detection wrong

First step, Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore. Create a restore point and name it something like "Before USB Fix". This is to bail you out if something goes wrong during the following process and makes things worse.

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG

-------------------------- Use text after this line --------------------------------
REGEDIT4
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"

-------------------------- Use text before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

NOTE: If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse, you'll have to modify the instructions and leave enough parts for those to function. I don't have one yet, so I haven't had time to modify the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-detection-wrong.571318/
Relevancy 33.11%

HELP I ve added my HijackThis log report on the bottom - thx I have Internet Explorer has encountered a problem etc box pop ups on my screen right now although I IE Crash detection m still typing IE Crash detection If I close out the browser will crash I was told to uninstall IE reboot - installIE reboot and this worked for a couple hours but now it s back and it won t work again I was also told to try this if it didn t work but I IE Crash detection don t know where to look to find this out If malware has infected IE s Registry entries this IE Crash detection procedure may not work because your Registry has been altered by the malware Once place to check is HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Also HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Certain data values are changed here by malware to redirect browsers elsewhere It helps to have another computer that isn t having the problem with IE and then you can compare the entries FYI After the first few times the browser crashed I ran a deep registry scan times with the reg scan software I bought from ZA my security suite program but it did nothing to help that tho it did remove some infections no viruses tho The usual stuff Then I ran Adaware but none of that helped either Hope you can help I ve got several MS popups with warnings have sent report MS many times on the screen Thank you dobergirl Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exe C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADService exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs avsys ScanningProcess exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs avsys ScanningProcess exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iedw exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S MT EXE C Documents and Settings Leigh Allan Desktop HJTSetup exe C DOCUME LEIGHA LOCALS Temp is-PLU O tmp is- C O tmp C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries uk enu gen default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www actorsontheweb com lesearchers html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Setting... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-crash-detection.643821/
Relevancy 33.11%

The single XP machine is connected to the office network with Linux and W computers all detection XP on Network have access to the internet via an ADSL modem The XP has fixed the modem the others varying ones but none has DNS When Network detection on XP the XP is freshly Network detection on XP installed the machine has access to the internet as well as to the local network but after an undefined period the Network detection on XP local network becomes not accessible anymore from this computer When I then try to access another machine or map a new drive I get the message that the network is not accessible Strangely enough the internet connection with the modem via that same network is unimpaired This happens only on the XP machine deleting the netcard hardware and re-installing the drivers and the network again does not help The other machines do not have this problem Is this a problem of XP is it that the modem is having an unexpected issue with XP or is it us just having not a clue nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hey all,
I wasn't sure where this should belong.

So I've created a custom windows image with MDT and I've basically turned off UAC and turned on persistdevices. The image is made in a HyperV VM and it has been syspreped into OOBE Generalized.

So we install a ton of desktops through KVMs and we for some reason the installs do not imediately pickup mouse and keyboards. I have a better chance of it happening when the desktop is selected on the KVM. Though oddly enough if i plug a standard mouse in it kicks up and picks up the KVM. I was thinking of trying to run devcon to rescan devices at first logon after the image is unpacked and setup by us at time of install. Any other suggestions?

A:Issues with USB detection

Hi Shotme,
On persistantDevices is the value set to True.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397192-issues-usb-detection.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi Every other day I would get a message that there s a new Trojan detected on my computer I Day New Detection Trojan Every Other ran New Trojan Detection Every Other Day Malware Bytes and Symantec and sometimes it would detect the error and remove it but days later I would have to go through this process again Can you please help me be free of this pesky Trojan Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on New Trojan Detection Every Other Day Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC New Trojan Detection Every Other Day Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Smc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exeC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection Rtvscan exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Symantec Symantec Endpoint Protection SmcGui exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook AOLSearchHook Class - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dllO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO AOL Search Enhancement - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AIM Search AOLSearch dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Canon Easy Web Print Helper - F E- - E - AAF- BC A A BE - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EWPBrowseLoader dllO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dl... Read more

A:New Trojan Detection Every Other Day

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndPlease download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OK DeFogger will now ask to reboot the machine - click OKIMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.ThenPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316091/new-trojan-detection-every-other-day/
Relevancy 33.11%

I keep getting the following problem - how do i stop it

Internet exlporer security pops up and says

A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer

Name: IE Crash Detection
Publisher Microsoft Windos
Details: Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iedw.exe
What is this and how do I get it to stop. Im using Vista and IE 7.0 version 7.06002.18005

Your help is appreciated. This is frustrating

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-crash-detection.931426/
Relevancy 33.11%

When I open Norton Internet Security the Intrusion Detection is set to off. When I try to turn it on a message comes up "Failed to save settings. Please verify that your windows account is not restricted." What does this mean? Is there a way to turn on the Intrusion Detection? Today was the first time I noticed this message.

A:Intrusion Detection off

Please download HijackThis. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Post the whole log file here. Do not fix anything since most of them listed there are harmless (some are system required). This program will help us determine if there is any spyware/malware on your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/intrusion-detection-off-20758.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello BC Thanks for taking the time to help me deal with my Malware Detection Please Help w/ malware problem I suspect I may have an advanced spyware infection on my PC If you can help me with analyzing these logs I would really appreciate it If you need me to run any scans just let me know and I can send you more log files or if you need any info in general All help is greatly appreciated Thank you -DukhaNirodha DDS LOG DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by House at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Panda Cloud Antivirus Enabled Updated B-FDAA-FFFD- C - BB D C AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD AV Internet Security Enabled Please Help w/ Malware Detection Updated B EE E-E C -C F - F- E AC D D SP Internet Security Enabled Updated FFA-C F -CD - E F- D EF C SP Panda Cloud Antivirus Enabled Updated F EF-DB -F - C - C CD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A FW Cloud Antivirus Firewall Disabled C DF E-B C -FEA - D D-D D FW Online Armor Firewall Enabled BD F FCA- B- E E- A - A EA Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Internet Security rps exe C Program Files Internet Security deepscan QHActiveDefense exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x Online Armor OAcat exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Internet Security sd exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUAMain exe C Program Files Internet Security rp exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files Internet Security safemon tray exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender Safepay OBKSvc exe C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUAService exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender Safepay updatesrv exe C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSANHost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x VideoLAN VLC vlc exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files x Online Armor oaui exe C Program Files x Online Armor OAhlp exe C Program Files x Online Armor oasrv exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxps www google com mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe mRun AVG UI C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe TRAYONLY mRun PSUAMain C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUAMain exe LaunchSysTray mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableLUA dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword TCP NameServer TCP Interfaces F A DC- - C- A E- C D D DHC... Read more

A:Please Help w/ Malware Detection

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully. First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding. Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one. If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem. Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me. Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts. If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed. Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean. My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.   Multiple Antivirus Programs installed!I do not recommend that you have more than one anti-virus product installed and running on your computer at a time.The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, then those products which do not encrypt the virus strings within them can cause other anti-virus products to cause "false alarms". It can also lead to a clash as both products fight for access to files which are opened again this is the resident/automatic protection. In general terms, the two programs may conflict and cause:1) False Alarms: When the anti virus software tells you that your PC has a virus when it actually doesn't.2) System Performance Problems: Your system may lock up due to both products attempting to access the same file at the same time.Therefore please go to add/remove in the control panel and remove either Panda, 360or AVG.    Scan with TDSS-KillerPlease read and follow these instructions carefully. We do not want it to fix anything yet (if found), we need to see a report first.Download TDSSKiller.zip and extract to your desktopExecute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.
Press Start Scan
If Malicious objects are found, do NOT select Copy to quarantine. Change the action to Skip, and save the log.
Once complete, a log will be produced at the root drive which is typically C:\ ,for example, C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>log.txtPlease attach this file to your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529379/please-help-w-malware-detection/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello BC Thanks for taking the time to help me deal with my malware problem I suspect I may have an advanced spyware infection on Please w/ Detection Malware Help my PC If you can help me with analyzing these logs I would Please Help w/ Malware Detection really appreciate it If you need Please Help w/ Malware Detection me to run any scans just let me know and I can send you more log files or if you need any info in general All help is greatly appreciated Thank you -DukhaNirodha DDS LOG DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by House at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV Panda Cloud Antivirus Enabled Updated B-FDAA-FFFD- C - BB D C AV AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD AV Internet Security Enabled Updated B EE E-E C -C F - F- E AC D D SP Internet Security Enabled Updated FFA-C F -CD - E F- D EF C SP Panda Cloud Antivirus Enabled Updated F EF-DB -F - C - C CD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A FW Cloud Antivirus Firewall Disabled C DF E-B C -FEA - D D-D D FW Online Armor Firewall Enabled BD F FCA- B- E E- A - A EA Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files Internet Security rps exe C Program Files Internet Security deepscan QHActiveDefense exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files x Online Armor OAcat exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Internet Security sd exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUAMain exe C Program Files Internet Security rp exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files Internet Security safemon tray exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender Safepay OBKSvc exe C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUAService exe C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender Safepay updatesrv exe C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSANHost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x VideoLAN VLC vlc exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files x Online Armor oaui exe C Program Files x Online Armor OAhlp exe C Program Files x Online Armor oasrv exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxps www google com mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe mRun AVG UI C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe TRAYONLY mRun PSUAMain C Program Files x Panda Security Panda Cloud Antivirus PSUAMain exe LaunchSysTray mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktop dword mPolicies-Explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin dword mPolicies-System ConsentPromptBehaviorUser dword mPolicies-System EnableLUA dword mPolicies-System EnableUIADesktopToggle dword TCP NameServer TCP Inter... Read more

A:Please Help w/ Malware Detection

I accidentally posted this twice you can remove this one if you want.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529380/please-help-w-malware-detection/
Relevancy 33.11%

Is there any type of software that can detect
if someone is using your computer while you
are away from it ???

A:Intrusion Detection

Try this

Code:
http://www.spectorsoft.com/products/SpectorPro_Windows/index.html
It is very good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intrusion-detection.630632/
Relevancy 33.11%

I was able to run an antivirus program I am using (AVG free edition). It came up with a detection that reads:

File
c:\windows\syste...\i8042prt.sys

Infection
trojan horse agent_r. BAV

Result
object is white listed (critical/system file that should not be removed)

What does this mean?

A:Virus detection

You need to start a thread in the Virus & Other Malware Removal section of this site.

Before you post though, you need to read THIS guide.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-detection.1044144/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi Guys I recently built my fist pc which I am pleased to say is going fine A friend wants me to build him one now but I would like a bit of advice I used a pc chips motherboard with onboard sound video usb Lan etc When I installed the os and it run for the first time I hardware detection pc. on new kept getting the message quot Windows has detected new hardware quot and I had to keep cancelling till I eventually got to the point where windows had loaded and hardware detection on new pc. was then able to insert a disk that came with the motherboard that had a set up facility to install the drivers all in one go Did I make hard work for myself or is this the usual way to do it Also one other thing I am tring to get into set up by pressing Del when the pc boots it tells me to do this but it will not go in and the pc just boots anyway Any ideas Thank you very much Fas nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

So I recently upgraded from Windows XP Professional to Windows 7 Ultimate, it's wonderful so far, only thing is I backed up a lot of my personal documents and files onto a separate USB drive.

I run two USB drives, one for school and another for personal use, it's a 16 GB SanDisk driver with a password added onto it, it's running the Cruzer program.

Now when I pop it in, it USE to get the AutoPlay menu up, but after I reformatted my computer once to update my drivers it no longer pops up. I can't even run the autorun.exe, and I think the only way I can access my folders is by having access to the Cruzer program, however it doesn't work.

Any suggestions or advice would help, thanks in advance.

A:USB Detection Issues

have you tried plugging it into a different USB slot?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/49539-usb-detection-issues.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Good evening to all of you..

I've a problem, it's regarding Windows Autoplay function, ok I recently burnt a compilation of songs onto a blank CD, the DVD/CD drive was able to read just fine, but after I did a second burning, the drive refuses to read, it read the CD as empty, when I double click the D drive, it just shows an empty folder, 0MB, 0KB, etc.

When I tried a normal original CD, the D drive reads fine, then when I insert another different original CD, the drive refuses to read again, reading everything as empty 0KB/MB, I rebooted, everything's fine, then it started again.

Ayone knows what is wrong?

Just for reference sake:
I'm running on a Win XP, SP2, I think this is more of a Windows issue? Correct me if I'm wrong..

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/regarding-detection-autorun.470278/
Relevancy 33.11%

hi, just like another recent poster i had this Sality trojan pop up,
I also use Mcafee VirusScan 8.0i and today had this detection.

W32/Sality!mem
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

I ran did was run Malawarebytes Anti-Malware, that found some malware which it got rid off, however I also still have the winlogon.exe showing up when Mcafee scans the system32 folder. No other files are showing as infected, AVG detects nothing, Malaware the same.. Help please
e

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w32-sality-mem-detection.751915/
Relevancy 33.11%

I think I have a virus but malwarebytes nor superantispyware can find it and whenever I try to access some sites it redirect me I just need someone to check if I am infected or not tyvm Here is my hjt log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Detection Virus Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc Virus Detection exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run LanguageShortcut quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run Google Quick Search Box quot C Program Files Google Quick Search Box GoogleQuickSearchBox exe quot autorun O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM... Read more

A:Virus Detection

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We no longer use HijackThis as our initial analysis tool.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/virus-detection-420224.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Im unable to open Internet Explorer because the iedw exe says quot IE Crash Detection quot My HijackThis Log Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer IE Detection Corruption v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program IE Corruption Detection Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared dtsrvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system oodag exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razerhid exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files Portrait Displays HP My Display DTHtml exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared HookManager exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software floater exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razertra exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razerofa exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox Optimizers Fuo Firefox Ultimate Optimizer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO IEVkbdBHO Class - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL quot C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE quot O - HKLM Run SkyTel quot C WINDOWS SkyTel EXE quot O - HKLM Run Alcmtr quot C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE quot O - HKLM Run NVIDIA nTune quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneCmd exe quot clear O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run DeathAdder quot C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razerhid exe quot O - HKLM Run DT HPW quot C Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared DT startup exe quot -HPW O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run P... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-corruption-detection.796944/
Relevancy 33.11%

First hello all this will be my first post in these forums I hope I will be welcomed here Okay straight to my problem I have put together a new computer I have used Asus A V X-X motherboard supports Ultra DMA Athlon XP DDR ram x Lite on CD RW Sound Blaster Live mb Sapphire Radeon Watt power supply and finally a Western Digital detection HD problem EB Ultra ATA Everything so far has worked fine but my HD is not being detected by the computer I have flashed my Mobo so HD detection problem its up to date Problems I thought of were Incorrect jumper settings However I checked the Western Digital site and made sure the jumper settings were always correct Bad IDE channel However my CD drive responds and reads the Windows CD Bad IDE cable Its an pin conductor that came with the Mobo and again the CD drive works on both master and slave cable positions Bad Incompatible Motherboard Again the CD drive works The HD is Ultra ATA I m not sure but this should fit in an Ultra DMA The HD is not getting power However I can hear and feel it spinning inside The HD is corrupted damaged I ve tested it on other computers and it works The HD will not be recognized until I Format and Partition I have tried using a Windows Install Disc and when i try to use FDISK it tells me no HD found I am an idiot who did not plug it in correctly I know people who have built there own computer with successful results and they all agree I have my HD detection problem HD correctly installed Besiders there is the locator lump I have not tried using another HD on this computer but I will be able to borrow one from a friend soon Thank you to those who reply with help and suggestions Edit I have E-mailed Western Digital Support with my problem and they have not given me a response in several days I have tried calling several times only to recieve a message saying they do not have HD detection problem a techy ready about a wait of minutes per call nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi iam having HP Pavilion Media Center a1320in Desktop PC.
my motherboard specs..
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&dlc=en&cc=us&os=228&product=1823355&sw_lang=

i bought my pc on 2006. at dat time it was having 256mb ram(533mhz DDR2 sdram).
then i bought 512 mb from other vendor. so it became 768mb. and it was working fine.
then i bought 1 gb ram.
now the problem is wen i use 1gb ram with 512mb ram or 1gb with 256mb ram, my windows detects only 1 gb ram. not the other rams.
like it should show 1.5gb(1gb+512mb) or 1.2gb(1gb+256mb).

On my 1gb ram its written
DNHMAU1GC6FER1 - A6
1GB PC2 - 5300U - 555
KOREA 0850

On my 512 mb ram
512M DDR2 533 DIMM 4-4-4
17 10 19- 5863 RoHS[JU]

On my 256mb ram
256MB 1Rx16 PC2 - 4200U - 444 - 12
HYMP532U64BP6 - C4 AB 0550

A:RAM detection problem

I believe the problem you are experiencing here is that when both 512MB ram chips are installed together the system wants to operate in Dual channel mode. That?s the reason.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-detection-problem.153950/
Relevancy 33.11%

Heres the deal, i got a computer off my friend for free (not this one) and he took the modem and soundcard out of it. today i went and got a new sound card, when i opened the box it didn't have any instruction, but i knew how to install it so i did. Windows help says that my comp should recognize the new hardware but of course it doesn't , and it said not to use the add new hardware feature, so i need help with figuring out why it won't recognize the hardware. itll be a big help thanx.

there is a catch, i can't go online to download the drivers on account i have no modem, so if someone could find a way around that, that would be great
---
Sirloin_alot

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi! I upgraded my OS to Vista premium from XP. For some months I used my DVD drive, then suddenly it stopped. My driver is TSSTcorp CD/DVD TS-L632D ATA device and I'm using HP pavilion dv6000. I tried to uninstall that driver but still no detection of the DVD drive. Please help me...

A:No detection of DVD drive

Hello joypogs! Welcome and hope you get good help here.

First open the control panel(in classic veiw) and then open administrator tools.

Open Computer Management and select the disk management option.

Once it populates see if your DVD drive is listed and check what letter is assigned. Make sure its not the same as another device on the system. If it is shown and as a dup letter, right click it and change the letter.

If it does not appeare it is probably dead and in need of replacement. But you can try things such as removeing it and re inseting it that may force windows to re detect and hopefully start it working again.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/194068-no-detection-dvd-drive.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have finally gotten a fix for my disappearing Precision USB and thought I would share it here for any who are having problems with disappearing Sidewinder sticks Here is two fixes sent fix detection sidewinder to me by the UK MS sidewinder detection fix support team This sounds like an issue we see from time to time with the non-powered Sidewinder devices The problem is that the devices sometimes build up a small amount of static that can interfere with the signals passing through the cable There is an easy way to fix this as outlined below Unplug the device and examine the USB connection on it You should notice that there are five metal parts to the plug gt gt The metal casing around the plug and gt gt The four pins inside this metal casing Each of the pins needs to be connected to the metal casing by means of a metal conductor such as a paperclip or hair clip The connection only needs to be held for a second or two Do this for each pin inside the plug Once this is done you should be able to plug the device back into your PC now If the above does not work please try the following Remove all USB devices from your computer and uninstall the Sidewinder software Click START - gt RUN type quot msconfig quot into the box and press OK Click on the ADVANCED button and put a check in the box labeled quot Enable Startup Menu quot Then click OK OK and then YES When the computer restarts you will see a menu choose option SAFE MODE and hit enter When windows Boots up close any open windows such as quot Help And Support quot Click with the right mouse button on MY COMPUTER and choose PROPERTIES This should bring up the System Properties window so click on the DEVICE MANAGER tab Remove all entries under the following headings gt Human Interface Devices gt Universal Serial Bus Controllers And any listings mentioning HID or USB under the section gt Sound Video amp Game Controllers NOTE To open a section and see it s contents click the small beside the section heading Once this is done you can close all open windows and restart your computer Plug back in all of your USB devices except the Sidewinder Insert the Sidewinder CD and go through the installtion procedure as you normally would Thank you for your attention Kind Regards Frances Ball Microsoft Technical Support Microsoft Disclaimer INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED quot AS IS quot WITHOUT WARRANTY REPRESENTATION OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONDITIONS OR OTHER TERMS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE THE USER ASSUMES THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE ACCURACY AND THE USE OF THIS DOCUMENT Hope anyone with stubborn detection issues will find this usefull the second one work perfectly for me Now I just need to find out why my joystick was supposed to be sold in the UK and ended up in a Wal-Mart in Arkansas I had to guess a country for the tech support to work with my product nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sidewinder-detection-fix.140344/
Relevancy 33.11%

Oh gosh I think my comps are rebelling or something Anyway this is the latest problem My BIOS and Harddrive Detection the first screen on Harddrive Detection bootup aside from the BIOS display pic it says gt IDE Channel Master WDC WD JB - DUA gt IDE Channel Slave None gt IDE Channel Master PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- gt IDE Channel Slave YAMAHA CRW-F E But when I boot it from a boot-up disk it comes up with Primary Master No drive Primary Slave No Drive Secondary Master No drive Secondary Slave No drive Why is it able to detect it one phase and unable to see it the next I have tried formatting but then it told me quot format not supported quot and fdisk keeps blinking quot Unable to access Drive quot on the bottom of the screen I would really appreciate any help a head of time this computer s been giving me hell for almost a year and i m really unhappy Thanks ahead of time nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

I was informed through e-mail from the [email protected] that a message I had sent to [email protected] contained a virus{ WORM-KLEZ.H} What does this mean? The mail message was (file:III.exe). I have McAfee virusScan. This is the first time I have ever had a virus detected by someone else. Actually as far as I know I have never had a virus. Please advise. Thanks. I'm still kinda new at this.

A:virus detection

Klez is a very smart virus. It may only appear to have been sent by you, because Klez spoofs the from address. THis is the case, unless you sent an email to that person, and you really have the virus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-detection.92648/