Windows Support Forum

Looking for new Graphics card and Power supply

Q: Looking for new Graphics card and Power supply

I am looking to get a new graphics card for my computer because atm it has integrated graphics, which as most of you know sucks. The power supply is 250W which I doubt would be enough to have a whole new graphics card implemented. The model is p6166f. The mother board has this for a graphics card slot PCI express 16x GPU. Please give me suggestions, I am looking to spend approximately 150 - 200 $ total.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Looking for new Graphics card and Power supply

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Looking for new Graphics card and Power supply

We need to know who made your system. How old is your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.209241/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi, I have a windows 7 PC (eMachines ET1831), it has an integrated graphics card:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 620i
Chip type: GeForce 7050 / nForce 620i
I am an amateur when it comes to computer hardware, but I am tired of playing games with very low graphics settings. I am hoping to be able to have smoother game-play with medium settings. So I'm looking for a budget upgrade (less than £65 ($100)), but my PC only has a 250W power supply.

Question: Will the Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5450 work with only a 250W power supply?

Is is possible to simply upgrade a power supply like I would a graphics card?

Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 87.29%

I am thinking of ordering this card after my 8600Gt died a few days ago. Will a Arctic Power 500W PSU be enough to run it? The reat of my specs are:

AMD Athlon x2 6000+
2.5gb RAM

Sapphire HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI Dual slot cooler HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

A:Graphics card power supply

Hi ToonArmy,

Here is the official system requirements for the HD 4850 graphics card. Note the power requirement. You should be OK with your existing PSU, however you will be running fairly near its maximum rating with very little room, if any, for further system expansion. I suggest that you upgrade your PSU to at least 650 Watts.

(Note: Because this is an image, if you wish to follow the link in green, you will need to type the address manually.)

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/184486-graphics-card-power-supply.html
Relevancy 87.29%

A few days ago my PC shut-down as did one of the fuses for the house This was accompanied by a nasty burning ozone smell I reset the fuse plugged in the pc and the tower wouldn t light up The monitor and speakers on the same cord board powered up but not the tower I cleaned out all the dust I could find and tried again but no luck I couldn t find any burn marks but I figured it must be the PSU So I ordered a Sonata complete with an earthpower watt PSU My new stuff arrived today and I began pulling out my mobo to put it into the new tower when I graphics card? Power or supply found a loose component rolling around in the old tower To my ignorant eyes it looks like a tiny capacitor and it has written on the top P EZA There are three more of these on my Asus Power supply or graphics card? GT so I figure that must be where it came from but this leaves me with two questions Would this missing component cause the whole PC to not start up Have I found the cause of the problem and can I assume the old PSU is still Can this component be soldered back on or I do I need a Power supply or graphics card? new graphics card nbsp

A:Power supply or graphics card?

You have nothing to lose trying to solder the capacitor back, if you can find the spot it was in previously, do you? I would assume the fix is not going to work, but it's worth a shot, I would try doing it.
The old PSU is most probably a goner. The loose capacitor would cause no video output, but wouldn't prevent the system from booting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-or-graphics-card.799327/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello

I have just purchased a new graphics card (XFX Geforce 7900GT) for my rig and as i was opening up the packaging last night I noticed it said 'connect the power dongle'.

This is my first PCI-E card and before I install it I wanted to know if I could use one of the standard power connectors (coming from the power supply within the rig, like those that I plug into a HDD or DVD drive) and plug that into the graphics card, or whether the card had to plug in somewhere else on the motherboard (though I don't know where).

Also - is this power connector optional or integral to the graphics card's performance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:graphics card power supply

You DEFINITELY need to use the power connector. It is not optional. That is a high-end card that needs alot of juice to run. Just plug in a spare Molex connector from your power supply (same type that goes into a CD drive or hard drive). If you don't have a spare connector, use the splitter (aka: dongle) that came with your card and run it from one of your other connectors.

BTW - enjoy that card!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-power-supply.536072/
Relevancy 87.29%

So yeah, its my fault for not doing the proper research. I recently bought the Geforce GTX 660ti without knowing the proper required specs for the power supply wattage. The minimum amount is 450W for the card, and the computer I have is a HPE 400f, and the wattage is only 300. I don't want to install it now and have it burn out my computer. What should I do? Is it easy to buy an upgrade for an HPE power supply? Or should I just get a different graphics card? I don't think I can return it because I bought it from Tigerdirect and they only accept returns for certain products and video cards aren't included. Also I don't think it came with the right amount of PCI pins. One has six while the other only has five? Anyways, what should I do?

Relevancy 87.29%

Right I have a 550ti but only a 300w power supply. My performance is shocking on it.
Is this cause my power supply?
It's recommended to have a 400w +
Also my processor is only at like 70-80% use

A:Graphics card and power supply

You need to upgrade your Power Supply ASAP. You are putting a strain on that low-end one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/251322-graphics-card-power-supply.html
Relevancy 87.29%

So I've got a mostly custom built pc, its motherboard has everything built in(Graphics.etc) but im looking to upgrade to this for graphics:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/HIS-iPower-DLDVI-I-Graphics-H280XQMT3G2M/dp/B00FNHVUTA#productDetails
I have two questions:
1. I have a 500w psu currently, will I have to upgrade, and by how much.
2.how will I take of the built in graphics on the motherboard.

And also, are there any reccomendations for a better psu

A:Power Supply Vs Graphics Card

Product Description
Technology:GDDR5 SDRAM, Size:3 GB, Bus Width:384-bit, Effective Clock Speed:6.4 GHz, Width:4.2 cm, Depth:31.1 cm, Package Type:Retail, Height:15 cm, Cables Included:1 x DVI-VGA adapter, Peripheral / Interface Devices:Two 8-pin power connectors, Required Power Supply:750 WClick to expand...

your link clearly states that a 750w PSU is required.

you can use any of these online power supply calculators:
newegg(store) calculator(power supply requirement)
outervision calculator

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-vs-graphics-card.203398/
Relevancy 87.29%

I want to get a ATI Radeon™ HD 2900 series with 512 MB VRAM video card but my system's power supply is only 425 watts. Can I still install the card?

A:Graphics Card & Power Supply

If it is the computer in the specs ablove I wouldn't
take the chance.
You're already pulling a good load there and if that
power supply came with the computer or the case
it is probably running it's max load now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-power-supply.952505/
Relevancy 87.29%

I have a M11BB Desktop from ASUS: http://www.asus.com/Desktops/M11BB/
And was wondering if this graphics card
http://www.amazon.com/ss/customer-r...f_=aag_m_pw_cr_cm_cr_acr_txt&showViewpoints=1
Would fit, And if I also added http://www.amazon.com/Xpp725-ps-Cros...s=power+supply
Would the power supply fit so the graphics card could work with my computer?

A:Graphics card and Power supply

Closing duplicate thread too: http://forums.techguy.org/games/1131261-will-graphics-card-fit-help.html

Please continue to post to your other thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-and-power-supply.1131294/
Relevancy 87.29%

before i had a geforce fx mb pci and a jeantech quality w power supply and i kept having problems of my ocmputer shutting down on games and applications well now i have a connect d ati card graphics supply net power and radeon mb agp x and a jeantech net graphics card and power supply quality w poer supply and my computer still shuts down on stuff well i only tried it once on dmark se and i have to say up to when it shut down there was great performance it blown my fx right out of the sky anyway it shut down on what i think was the th test nature or somthing were there is a bridge goign over a river and a man fishing and then it was doing fps fps on the fx and then the comptuer just shut down now this radeon has a big heatsink on it covering the memory and its a very complex heatsink but has no fan on wich it doesent really need if it doe snot have one on now whats could be causing the shut down becouse i aint overclocked my card yet but i am going to overclock it when i get a fan for it nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

My first post so hello firstly I am looking to upgrade my graphics card to the GB BFG Geforce GT unless anyone can confusion Supply/Graphics Power Card recommend a better DDR PCIe card for a Power Supply/Graphics Card confusion similar price - on amazon co uk I realised that I would probably need to upgrade as well Sure enough my PSU FSP Group Inc W - Hz - if the sticker on the side of the PSU is anything to go by fails to meet the minimum card requirements of W However I realised I had never researched the current power needs of my current card Nvidia Geforce GT and so out of curiosity I did This has stumped me My current cards minimum requirements are also W The card has been installed for - years with no issues at all Whilst this probably means I have not been getting full performance out of the card I don t understand although am very grateful nonetheless why the motherboard card has not been fried or failed from the lower wattage PSU So that is my first query - one of curiosity With this in mind do you think I still need to invest in a new PSU for the new graphics card if the current one is sufficient and safe with a card of similar although lesser specs If so is there anything else besides the graphics card I need to consider when shopping for a PSU Below is some more info in case you require it Current PSU FPS - Gen Current Graphics Card nVidia GeForce GT min req W Wanted Graphics Card BFG GeForce GT min req W Computer Model Packard Bell iMedia OS Microsoft Windows XP SP RAM GB I will hopefully up this to the max GB this weekend I can t think of anything else that might be relevant - please let me know if you require more info Thanks for any help you can offer nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

ok - so i m looking at the rosewill rp - atx v v for on newegg simply because i searched by quot best reviews quot and it came up as upgrade and power card supply graphics the st w supply but how do i know if it will fit in my case are power supplys pretty much standard size also i m looking at the gecube radeon hd pro mb agp newegg also because of its high reviews power supply and graphics card upgrade for a agp card which is apparently what power supply and graphics card upgrade i need it calls for w and my system has w hence the rosewill any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated thanks here is what i am working with note the geforce mx card just not cutting it Model COMPAQ PRESARIO US Compaq P N - Standard Features Dimensions amp Weights L x W x H Unit quot x quot x quot lbs Package quot x quot x quot lbs Processor Intel Pentium Processor - MHz GHz System Bus MHz System Bus Cache K micro-op trace cache KB L Advanced Transfer Cache KB L Advanced Transfer Cache System Memory MB MHz DDR DRAM Total DIMM Slots Upgradeable to GB DDR DRAM DIMM required Hard Drive GB UltraDMA Hard Drive Optical Drive s X DVD-ROM Drive X CD-RW Drive Communications K ITU V Modem and Integrated Ethernet Networking power supply and graphics card upgrade Diskette Drive quot MB Diskette drive Graphics MB SDR NVIDIA GeForce MX W TV-Out Graphics Card -bit hardware-accelerated D graphics Compaq DVD Player Navigator Video Player AVI MPEG and others Plug-and-Play Power Supply Steady-state watts Drive Bays One quot internal for hard drive One quot external for MB diskette drive One quot external open for expansion Two quot external for optical drives Expansion Slots One PCI slot with modem installed One X AGP slot with graphics card installed Two PCI slots open for expansion I O Interfaces Four USB ports front back Two Serial RS- C compatible DB connector rear One Parallel EPP ECP standard centronics-compatible interface DB B connector rear Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I would like to know what Graphics card I can get to cheap to play games like Diablo 3. Not even on high but just enough to play it without any lag. Basically I want the cheapest solution possible.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5887 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942353 MB, Free - 849229 MB; D: Total - 11412 MB, Free - 1394 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: None

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...72041&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5098956#N353.

If you look in the link my power supply is 250w only so try to keep it within that range.

A:Suggestions On Graphics Card/Power Supply

Go here, then click the "Download Program" button and allow the HardwareProfiler.exe file to run.

Once the scan and analysis is finished, a new window will appear.

Click the "Power Analysis" button. It'll show you the minimum power supply rating, based on your current hardware.

When you consider the additional load of a more powerful graphics card and hard-core gaming, you'll see that the current 250 watt power supply won't do it.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-on-graphics-card-power-supply.1053942/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I am trying to fit a new pwer supply and graphics card to my PC I Have purchased a Radeon Sapphire HD GB GDDR I have also purchase a new w Power Supply to replace the w power supply which can connect directly to the Graphics Card I have removed the exixting parts and fitted the new parts as per the instructions When I go to power up the PC starts for a second or two then switches off If switch on again the same happens During this very short period the fans on both the CPU on the motherboard and the powers supply spin I have tried Power Card Installing Graphics amd New Supply just powering up with just the large connector that plugs into the motherboard but the same thing happens I have now connected everything back up with the original power supply and graphics card and everything is OK again I understood that installing a higher wattage power supply would not be a problem for the motherboard as it will only draw the power that it needs If anyone can help to shed some light on where I am going wrong I would appreciate Installing New Graphics Card amd Power Supply it Many Thanks Darrell Current Spec OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor x Installing New Graphics Card amd Power Supply Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC NODUSM MB- nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

When I run Diablo my computer restarts without warning at the login screen The things I ve tried so far are changing the video card slot and changing the cable going into the video card At first I though it was my processor over heating but when I ran prime everything checked out so then I got a my Dying? Supply Is Card or Graphics Power GPU stress test and after about seconds my computer shut down without warning The program I used was FurMark Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb - Crucial Ballistix Sport GB X GB PC - DDR - V CL Dual Channel Memory Kit Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb - Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z X-UD H Power Supply Sparkle Action W Model SPI GLN Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Is my Power Supply or Graphics Card Dying? Updated and Enabled The motherboard and ram Is my Power Supply or Graphics Card Dying? is brand new and this is a fresh install of Windows The graphics card is going to be about year old in June but the PSU is the only piece of original hardware on my computer which is about years old and not really that great of a brand so I m thinking that it s about time to replace it Should I go out and spend the money for a new PSU or is this actually a graphics card Is my Power Supply or Graphics Card Dying? problem nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

Hey guys,

My computer has one AGP slot open, so I ordered the VisionTek Radeon 2400 Pro 512MB DDR2 AGP Graphics Card from Circuit City.

I just found out that it needs a 270W supply from my onboard power supply. The card achieves this through a 4-pin molex connector, so I would like to know if my power supply can even support the graphics card.

On the label, the power supply says:

Output: Total 295.4W max; +12V, +12Vsp Total 209W max

If anyone can tell me if my power supply can support my will-be graphics card, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Relevancy 86.43%

Hello , I have a lenovo h50-50 90b6 and wanted to know the type of my power supply ( ATX or micro ATX ) and if I could change the current of 280w a 500w. Also wanted to know if my motherboard has PCI Express 3.0 graphics card to change , now I have a GTX 745 2GB and I would like to replace it with a gtx 950 I have everything factory. I'm sorry for my English.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Upgrade-power-supply-and-graphics-card/td-p/3432402
Relevancy 86.43%

Power supply
Novatech 800W ATX Power Supply for AMD and Intel Motherboards 20Pin + 4Pin | NOV-PSU800

Graphics card
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 580 SOC 1536MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card - Aria Technology

Thankyou.

A:Will this Power supply work with this graphics card?

Power rating wise yeah, it's more than enough.

You might want to look at this though - How to Pick the Right Power Supply

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/201024-will-power-supply-work-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 86.43%

But not sure my other hardware support the P S and G C that im going to change So this is my computer information Field Value Computer Computer TypeACPI x -based PC Mobile Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core i - MHz x MBoard Name Dell Inspiron MBoard ChipsetIntel Ibex Peak H Intel Ironlake System Memory TRIAL VERSION DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH GB DDR - Changing my supply graphics and card power DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type AMI Multimedia Audio AdapterIntel Ibex Peak HDMI Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Audio AdapterRealtek ALC Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Storage IDE ControllerIntel R Series Series Chipset Family port Serial ATA Storage Changing my graphics card and power supply Controller - B Disk DriveGeneric- Compact Flash USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- MS MS-Pro USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SD MMC USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SM xD-Picture USB Changing my graphics card and power supply Device DiskDriveST AS ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II OpticalDriveTSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H H ATA Device SMART Hard Disks StatusOK Then im about to change the power supply Changing my graphics card and power supply and G C SeaSonic S II Bronze W ATX V V EPS V V PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply SAPPHIRE - - G Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC Edition Im using these to play quot Diablo SC WoW Skyrim and etc and I need to set everything to the lowest to make the game run smoothly before But im getting tire of the graphic lol So im trying to find a graphic card which can perform really well quot Hopefully can play it with everything high XD but I think tats too much for the g c which im about to get nbsp

A:Changing my graphics card and power supply

Hey, so I took a quick look at your list. Your Motherboard does support one PCIe card, so you should be able to install the 6950 just fine.
my chief concern however, is that the 6950 is a very long card, and I'm worried it may not fit in your small dell case. So I'd take some measurements to see if it fits, before buying anything.
the installation of the PSU and GPU should be fine, I myself have done the exact same thing in my brother's dell (installed new PSU and GPU), and it has been working fine ever since.
Also If you have a few extra dollars, Id look into getting at least a 600W power supply, just to be safe, because the 6950 OC edition will suck quite a bit of power, and I'd rather have a bit more breathing room whereas 520W is cutting it a bit close. thats' up to you though, it should still run fine with your chosen PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-my-graphics-card-and-power-supply.183401/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey so like the title says im a looking to replace my integrated graphics card and i also need a new power supply since the w one i have now is too weak My computer is not high end or anything bought - years ago for like and ran most things smoothly but now some games that are coming out my computer is having a hard time running them and i useally get bad FPS so here are some specifications My computer is a Gateway and supply. to power help card new want install Need Graphics Dx - Motherboard model is Gateway RS DDR Memory The graphics card Need help want to install new Graphics card and power supply. i was looking to buy is http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E and the power supply i have not decided on but anything that works really i was looking at some of these so i would greatly appreciate it if someone could find me a cheap power supply that would work http www newegg com Product Produ amp IsNodeId amp name W - W Need help want to install new Graphics card and power supply. So basically what im trying to say is I dont want to go buy all this stuff wait a week for it to get here and find out it wont work with my computer so if anyone can clear some things up like what i need or any kind of suggestion to make this work or even tell me that all of this is fine and should work that would be great Btw i am no expert on computers lol so try to put things in simple terms for me P nbsp

A:Need help want to install new Graphics card and power supply.

never mind of the graphics card it was not low profile. Guys anyone have a suggestion of a low profile card in 70-80$ range that will work with my computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-want-to-install-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.973705/
Relevancy 86.43%

So today my dad bought me a new graphics card (Geforce 6800gs AGP) and he installed it into my pc
The card has a power supply cable supplied which needs to be plugged into the power source, however the normal cable colour for the power supply (red, black, and something else) is different to the cable colour for the graphics card (brown, black and the same something else)
is this completely fine, and we can use it? or is there something i need <_<

Relevancy 86.43%

My to use my power upgrade I card? Am graphics new supply able to a brother got me Am I able to upgrade my power supply to use a new graphics card? a GeForce GTX SE without realizing that I didn t have enough power in my power supply So my question is can I upgrade my power supply I have an HP Pavillion Elite t HPE- Am I able to upgrade my power supply to use a new graphics card? t Or if I can t upgrade it do you have any good recommendations for a w power supply The best ones for the Sims amp expansions seem to need more power or are no longer supported by EA - at least ones from Nvidia I still need to check ATI but I ve always used Nvidia cards Am I able to upgrade my power supply to use a new graphics card? so I m more comfortable with them I ve been working on this for weeks and I can t get straight answers from people I know so my PC s just sitting in my room open as I was working on it for a long time and don t want to close it up until this is all figured out Thank goodness I have my Macbook lol Thanks for any help I can get If it helps I do watch movies on it edit record video edit photos etc I also sometimes record audio Do you want me to post any specs I can also post pics of the inside of the PC if it ll help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb no longer works well with my games Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI A C Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled I copied this from an older post but nothing s changed As I was in the middle of switching cards when I realized the problem I had uninstalled the drivers for this one and I don t feel like taking the huge new card back out and putting the other in just to get the same specs from a newer version nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

Salutations!

I'm looking to upgrade somethings on my clunker (A bad idea, I know) But I have no other options. I currently run a DC 5800 MT from HP/Compaq and am looking to upgrade with a Power Supply and a(better) Graphics Card.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/e...2132884-81559927-81559993-81805229.html?dnr=2 Is a link to the specs of my computer.

I am looking for something in the 500W-750W range to open up my options for Graphics Cards, but have never bought a new PSU for a computer before.

I am looking for advice on what to buy, brand, and compatibility (Size being the main factor there, it has to fit in my case obviously) and know little about the process of choosing a PSU.

Any advice would be appreciated!

A:Upgrading Power Supply and Graphics Card.

Hello, the initial determination you must make is whether a standard replacement PSU will fit in your case. Generally you can expect these dimensions for a replacement PSU: 5.91" x 5.51" x 3.35" (WxDxH).
The description of your computer has the word 'Micro' in it, so if the case is just large enough for a micro-atx motherboard, you should stay away from graphic cards that are too long, so pick one that is about 7".
The wattage you need will depend largely from the graphic adapter you choose, one thing to keep in mind is that yours seems to be a typical business case and likely has no option for additional cooling, so consider that when you choose your graphic adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrading-power-supply-and-graphics-card.1133843/
Relevancy 86.43%

Ok I am on a small budget and it will be a little while before I get anything but I need help deciding something I recieved a mobo that supports P cpu PCI-Ex and Decision Card Supply Graphics Power etc I know it is outdated by a good bit but I got it free I need a power supply that will power a gt and have decided it will be one of these two Ultra watt amps on the volt rail I think I m still learning about Power Supplies http www tigerdirect com applications searchtools item-details asp EdpNo amp body MAIN PC Power and Cooling watts with amps on the volt rail http www zipzoomfly com jsp ProductDetail jsp ProductCode Power Supply and Graphics Card Decision amp prodlist bizrate I know people who have gotten Ultras Power Supply and Graphics Card Decision and love em but yeah doing research I found that the PC Power and Cooling company is supposed to be pretty good Graphics wise would the or GT be the better choice From what I have seen the competes with the but I want your opinions nbsp

A:Power Supply and Graphics Card Decision

The 9600GT usually scores 3 or 4 fps lower even though it's $50 less than the 8800GT. It also produces less heat and uses less power. 8800GT is just a little bit more powerful for $200 while the the 9600GT is 99% as good for $150. I would go with the 9600 as it really, really gives you bang for your buck. And it isn't as hot as other graphics cards. And I believe that how it works is that a lot of amps on a single 12v rail is better than few amps on a couple of 12v rails. So I would get the PC power and cooling PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-and-graphics-card-decision.106035/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi i have a problem but im not completly sure wether is the graphics card or the power supply the problem is that i have been overclocking my graphics card about month ago through ntune in nvidia control panel everything was working perfectly for month as stated before I left my pc on for about hours and i wasnt home when i came power or Graphics supply help card need bricked back it was saying there is no signal on the monitor i restarted the pc and the loading at the start was going but it was diffrent some letter was changed for example when it loaded the ram memory it didnt say ram memory but quot ras megory quot at the start i thought it could be Graphics card or power supply bricked need help some strange virus but anyway i went to security mode and it was working on low resolution and bit I thought i could be the power supply problem as as for some time about months it was making a strange bepping noice Graphics card or power supply bricked need help when the pc was on i tohught maybe it isnt giving enough power to the mobo anyway it took out the graphics card and use the intergrated one here are my specs mobo- msi gm ram ram cpu is intel pentium ghz graphics card is nvidia geforce gs im not sure about the power supply but i think is watt max output Thanks for reading i Know its quite long but i wanted to give good description Please help Regards Jakub Ps big up for the forum it helps a lot nbsp

A:Graphics card or power supply bricked need help

A 300 watt PSU may be pushing it for a 7600GS, how many amps on the +12 volt rail and what brand? 300 watt for a modern system is generally not enough with any type of add-on graphics card.

But chances are the video card is damaged, maybe from the PSU or maybe from the overclocking.

I'd say get a new power supply, you want and need it even if the video card is toast, you'll want it to properly power any new replacement video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-or-power-supply-bricked-need-help.919834/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey folks I ve run into a weird problem and insufficient power is the only theory HDD's > watt Graphics 4 supply? 500 2 power & card that makes sense to me so far but I wanted to ask on here and see if there is something I m missing I ve got a Watt 2 Graphics card & 4 HDD's > 500 watt power supply? power supply HDD and on SDD running in my computer with a Core Two Duo Ghz processor I recently upgraded my graphics card from an GT to a GTS and then picked up a second monitor on craigslist Initially I ran both monitors off of the GTS and took the GT out all together but then I decided to put the back in to power the secondary monitor and that is where things got weird After attempting several different cabling designs I finally managed to get both cards working but the fan on the GT wasn t spinning At the time I didn t have the drivers for the card installed but I don t see how that should make a difference Right now I m back to both monitors running on the GTS which handles the load fine but I would still prefer to spread it out among the two for gaming reasons Thanks in advance for any and all help amp ideas Bonus question Somewhere along the way my BIOS CMOS forgot the day and time even though the battery is still fine and it no longer boots into the OS without me manually selecting the SSD on the boot device list even though it still has boot flags set Ideas nbsp

A:2 Graphics card & 4 HDD's > 500 watt power supply?

Two different cards will have no affect on gaming performance. The reason for multiple cards is to drive multiple monitors (ie: if a single card doesn't have enough ports). Most games default to the primary display and will not scale across multiple cards unless you are running SLI or Crossfire.

Power supply quality is more important than the size rating. On top of that, you need a power supply with multiple 12 volts rails and adequate amp rating on each rail to support the devices that you are connecting. With all of that said, a quality 500w unit may be adequate, anything less is likely under powered.

Try manually clearing the CMOS and/or restoring to factory defaults. Then making any adjustments needed for operation. Loss of time is typically a sign of a battery issue, aside from that it would be a motherboard or corrupt BIOS problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-graphics-card-4-hdds-500-watt-power-supply.1020348/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi Lenovo nbsp I've recently been trying to upgrade my H - s graphics card Supply Graphics Card Lenovo H30-50 for Power In fact I've bought the wrong card twice from misguided advice Ended up buying cards that were cm instead of the needed cm or so Believe me that's been frustrating enough nbsp Anyway I've finally found a card that'll fit It's MSI's low profile ti Its got plenty of power Looks great Hopefully should fit Here's the link nbsp http www amazon co uk MSI-Nvidia- Ti-Graphics-Dvi-D dp B ZA IFGA ref sr s computers amp ie UTF nbsp Wattage on Amazon says W Wattage on Nvidia website says W As far as I'm aware the H - has a W PSU Is this graphics card an absolute no-go nbsp I have the i - model gb Lenovo H30-50 Power Supply for Graphics Card ram upgraded with gb recently TB HDD nbsp nbsp If this is not a possibility is it possible to upgrade the PSU considering how slimline these pcs are Lenovo H30-50 Power Supply for Graphics Card I'd much rather find a new PSU than have to try and find another decent specification low profile graphics card nbsp Any ideas nbsp Thanks

A:Lenovo H30-50 Power Supply for Graphics Card

Good day and welcome to the community.

Have you seen the discussion in this solved thread?https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H30-50-upgrade-graphics-card/m-p/2267755

Regards.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Lenovo-H30-50-Power-Supply-for-Graphics-Card/td-p/3281673
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello Everyone OK I had an GT MB eVGA graphics card It died I purchased a GTX see HERE Power Supply minimum recomendations are Minimum of a Watt power supply Minimum recommended power supply with Volt current rating of Amps Minimum Watt for SLI mode system Minimum recommended power supply with Volt current rating of Amp Amps An available pin PCI-E power connector hard drive power dongle to PCI-E pin adapter included with Power Card Graphics Supply - year 3 old New card New Graphics Card - 3 year old Power Supply I have an Aspire w PSU Power ratings are V A V A V A V A - V A - V A VSB A Now do I add the V rails together to get the total amps for my PSU would be amps in this case or do I need a PSU that has amps or more on each V rail Next question I need to use the power adapter HDD plugs to one pin PCI-E plug as this PSU does not have an independant pin plug of its own Does this adapter need to be plugged in to different HDD plugs on independant wires coming out of the New Graphics Card - 3 year old Power Supply PSU Right New Graphics Card - 3 year old Power Supply now it is plugged into HDD plugs but they are both on the same line coming out of the PSU Does this even matter Also I am not using SLI nor will I be until I build a new rig Any info you can give me is appreciated Thanks Acameron nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

Hey PC card either supply power Down, . Graphics . Shutting . or all first post and all i hope you can shed PC Shutting Down, either power supply or Graphics card . . . some light on a rather unusual PC Shutting Down, either power supply or Graphics card . . . situation I am running on a Dell mhz ram hard drives and the defalt power supply and graphics card which is not integrated but really crappy bourd on a PCI slot Now the problem At seemingly random times my computer freezes and goes blank or freezes and resets There is no warning however it seems that it is during periods of high activity although not for sure OFten when i click to run a program it will just poof reset My initial assumption was overheating by either the graphics card or CPU I opened up the case and had it run like that but the problem persisted I also suspected the graphics card - perhaps something was wrong with it Now I do not know when the first one of these happened or what started it I dont belive it had anything to do with any recently-installed programs I am looking at a new graphics cards but before i buy I wanted to see if it could be my power supply I do not have any experience dealing with them however and dont even know where to start Any tips pointers comments or advice welcome Thanks alot woody nbsp

A:PC Shutting Down, either power supply or Graphics card . . .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-shutting-down-either-power-supply-or-graphics-card.305627/
Relevancy 86.43%

I'm currently running a AMD 6450 HD GPU on a ddr3 and I get low fps while gaming. Are there any good graphics cards that I can get for a 550w power supply that are compatable with my system?

A:i have a power supply of 550w what graphics card should I get

What is your brand of your power supply? We'll need it so we can be safe, at around 550W you can use a GTX 960. Can you do this for us?

System Info - See Your System Specs

We'll need a complete detail of your PC Specs so we can proceed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/367564-i-have-power-supply-550w-what-graphics-card-should-i-get.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello , I have a lenovo h50-50 90b6 and wanted to know the type of my power supply ( ATX or micro ATX ) and if I could change the current of 280w a 500w.

Also wanted to know if my motherboard has PCI Express 3.0 graphics card to change , now I have a GTX 745 2GB and I would like to replace it with a gtx 950

I have everything factory.

I'm sorry for my English.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H50-50-Upgrade-power-supply-and-graphics-card/td-p/3432402
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a 550w HEC 550 TD - PTE

AC Output 230v 50Hz 7A
DC Output +3v +5v +12v1 +12V2 -12U +5VB

Max A 30a 38A 18A 17A 0.3a 2a

+5 +3.2v Combined 185Q

Total Output 550.

I 'was' going to buy a nVidia 275GTX, (about £150) and I think as it says the minimum power output needed is 550w so I should be OK?

Otherwise I'm rocking a AMD Athlon 4600+ (big weak spot, I know, next on list to upgrade), 4Gig of 677Mhz DDR2 and some ****ty generic HDD

TL DR:

Can my power supply run a 275GTX, if not what power supply should I get and if I do have to upgrade, would I be better off splashing some extra cash on something beefier?

Thanks guys,

Chris

Relevancy 85.57%

After my graphics card died I installed a new nVidea GeForce GT and a Watt Dell-compatible power supoply to after Card new NIC Install Power Graphics Failure Supply, replace the Watt factory-installed Power supply to support it on my Dell Dimension WHen I boot the embedded Broadcom NetExtreme xx network adapter fails to initialize The message is quot Alert Error initializing PCI Express NIC bridge NIC failure quot I followed the Dell support recommendation to refresh the power state without any success I have checked the Power supply connections and all seems right The light coming off the network cable NIC Failure after new Power Supply, Graphics Card Install is orange I m NIC Failure after new Power Supply, Graphics Card Install connecting to hte INternet via a wireless adapter but clearly that s not a solution In addiiton a possible related problem comes when I attemtp to upgrade to Vista In the first restart during the install I get a blinking cursor in the upper left corner of the screne after the Dell splash screen apparently aborting the install I ve reverted to early OS XP at boot APpreciate any ideas Neil nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nic-failure-after-new-power-supply-graphics-card-install.664690/
Relevancy 85.57%

I m getting a GeForce gs and a W power supply The graphics card says quot Minimum recommended power supply with Volt current rating of Amp Amps quot I looked about graphics compatibility with supply card power Question over the power supply specs and none of the v outputs have an amp rating of I read somewhere though that you have to combine the rails to add up to the amp rating Question about power supply compatibility with graphics card I assume that s for high end graphics cards where you have to plug the psu directly into the card I don t know what a rail is I don t know how it would work for this graphics card since it doesn t seem to require the psu to plug into it directly Iz confoosed I am basically clueless when it comes to power supplies so can someone please educate me in this and PLEASE be mindful of how you Question about power supply compatibility with graphics card explain it because like I said I m almost clueless about this stuff Taking a couple more minutes to throughly explain this to me so I understand it well won t kill you I don t want to sound rude when I say this but it annoys me when people do this to me I honestly don t care what graphics card or power supply you have if it s better than mine and you think I should get it I am well aware that there are graphics cards and power supplies that are WAY better than the ones I chose I chose these pieces of hardware because of my budget nbsp

A:Question about power supply compatibility with graphics card

It may be the way the specs are written on your PS... but
The graphics card does care what the output is... more than the motherboard or other component does...
A cheap power supply from 2005 or before had a better chance of not supplying the minimum power.... Now you can see all these specs for a quality power supply when you look at the descriptive information on the power supply section of Newegg, Directron, ZipZoomFly, cdw.com, and many others... but only in the past year or two has it all been published.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-power-supply-compatibility-with-graphics-card.153574/
Relevancy 85.57%

So I have a problem with my graphics driver crashing during game play. I initially started the thread under hardware, but due to a responders input thought that maybe someone here would have insight.

Original thread: https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-driver-stops-working-while-playing-games.1170491/

The responder thinks that my power supply is too small (600 watts) for my CPU (88 Watts) and GPU (190Watts). Specs are in the original post. Hoping someone can verify before I go drop some $ on a new PSU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2nd-opinion-graphics-card-issue-and-power-supply.1170581/
Relevancy 85.57%

I had recently installed a new power supply (850 W) because my old one was starting to make whining noises that made me think it was dying. After installing it and plugging everything in I turned the computer on and everything was working aside from the graphics card. The processor fan was running, the main fan was running, but the graphics card fans were not going at all...

I swapped out the card with another (actually better) card and it worked (only problem being I don't have a proper adapter for the card to use my current monitor with.)

Is there any reason something like this'd happen? The card is PCI-E and I tried all 4 PCI-E cables for it and none of them powered it up...

A:Installed New Power Supply, Graphics Card Won't Work

My initial thought would be a problem with the card itself as you said you put another one in and it worked. However, I assume (from later in your post) that the other card 'working' was assumed because the fans started on it and they don't on your original card?

Do you get any output from the original card to the monitor, you only mention about the fan not working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-new-power-supply-graphics-card-wont-work.973721/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi Guys My power supply recently died after about months of use so I upgraded from W to overheating Supply Power card installation Graphics following new a W unit Since Graphics card overheating following new Power Supply installation a couple of weeks after installing the new PSU my Graphics card overheating following new Power Supply installation machine has been getting hella hot and performing poorly as a result Now my new PSU fan blows downwards as opposed to straight out the back of the base unit like my old one However the fan is really bloody big and not generating much heat iself so I m surprised if this is causing the whole issue From feeling around the hot areas seem to be the socket in the back of the PSU where I plug in the kettle cable and the GFX card Checked the temps too and indeed the graphics card is burning up somewhat So it looks like the graphics card is definitely the problem but I don t see why my new PSU would be causing this Any ideas Details below CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core Quad Q MHz x Motherboard Name Asus P N-E SLI PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce i SLI System Memory Gb Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB Motherboard C F CPU C F CPU Core C F CPU Core C F CPU Core C F CPU Core C F --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GPU C F These are temps after minutes of gaming all are around - C not gaming GPU Diode C F GPU Memory C F GPU Ambient C F --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Cooling Fans CPU RPM Chassis RPM Chassis RPM GPU RPM Many thanks for any advice p nbsp

A:Graphics card overheating following new Power Supply installation

must of distupted the airflow or got some dust clogged up into the GPU cooler causing it to over heat. what temp is it reaching whilst gaming?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-overheating-following-new-power-supply-installation.126637/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, new to forums, seems like you guys are nice so...
I purchaced components from this guide.
http://www.techspot.com/guides/187-buying-guide-200908/page3.html
Everything was great as i started assembling my pc, but as i looked to connect my ATI Radeon HD 4770 to my OCZ OCZ500MXSP power supply reccomended in the build, I saw the free chord I had for my power supply had 8 pins, but my card was a 6 pin slot. I checked the case my card came with, it had a lot of adapters to attach to the 6 pin slot on the graphics card, but none of them could get me connected to my power supply.
I know im missing something here, because these components were reccomended from the same build from TechSpot. Anyone got an answer.
Thanks.

A:Issues with connecting my graphics card to power supply

There is an 8 pin connector for motherboards with 8 pin CPU power connectors. It is not for PCI-E cards. However, according to Newegg's listed specifications, you should have two labeled PCI-E connectors, one with 6 pins and one with 6 plus 2 pins. The 6+2 pins might look like 8 pins but it splits into a 6 and 2 pin so you can use just the 6 pin connector if you need to. Use one of those for your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-connecting-my-graphics-card-to-power-supply.137247/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello all I have Supply advice Forum Power Graphics to on need Card New & and a Sony Vaio Desktop model VGC-RB G I upgraded to GB ram I have a inch Samsung LCD New to Forum and need advice on Graphics Card & Power Supply For the last months during processes that require alot of graphics quicktime movies MS Paint and other image software my computer locks up It will do nothing The only way out is holding the power button until it shuts down I still have the factory graphics accelerator I turned down the acceleration to quot none quot and it solved most of the problems Just have crappy video now My question is what Graphics card would be best for my computer I am not a gamer at all I download videos and do alot of pictures and altering pictures I would like to stay in the - range and from reading I guess I need a PCI Express X Card I was also told my power supply might not be up to muster I figured If I added a stand alone graphics card I would need to upgrade Again I have a very limited budget recent adoption and would like to go bigger than my factory W but do not need top of the line I don t want to take shortcuts but for what I do with the computer I don t want overkill either I usually shop at newegg but am looking for any and all advice Thank you in advance nbsp

A:New to Forum and need advice on Graphics Card & Power Supply

I would recommend the XFX brand, I looked this up for you at newegg.
XFX PVT86SYAFG GeForce 8400GS 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16
for $54.99 also are you using your DVI connection? if so great! as for your Powersupply,
I would most likely look for a 400W or better, I use a Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC ATX 430W. it has been great unit, also quiet and very clean power! nice plug connectors and
cables will reach any where! there are at newegg for $39.99. you might just want to get the
video card and decide on the powersupply a little later, good luck,hope this was helpful.
Rickman45

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-forum-and-need-advice-on-graphics-card-power-supply.98373/
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a 3847 with intel integrated graphics. For video editing I would like to add video card. Chat with Dell rep he suggested a PNY XLR8 GEForce 750 Ti so I bought one.
Looking at threads here appears I want (need) a new power supply since the one in my computer is 300 watts. What I read is that I want to purchase a Corsair cs750.
Do I have my facts straight?
Thanks in advance for help and feedback.

A:inspiron 3847 wants graphics card and looks like new power supply too?

Hi kingqueens3,
PNY XLR8 GEForce 750 Ti would require only 300 watts PSU on the system. You need not upgrade the PSU.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992582
Relevancy 84.71%

First the Computer Hardware Info Power Supply W Logisys PSU The reliable black variation Motherboard ASUS M A T-M LE Processor AMD Athlon II X Socket this load upgrade supply I graphics all handle power my card?? if of the Can AM W Dual-Core Memory Crucial GB PC - DIMM DDR Memory Module x Hard Drives Western Digital GB EIDE Internal Hard Drive RPM MB Cache Western Digital Caviar Blue GB SATA III RPM MB Cache Samsung TB Spinpoint RPM MB Cache SATA On-board USB slots used for mouse for external powered USB way hub -pin keyboard attached On-board internet active Cooler Master mm Dual Ball Bearing Case Fans Vantec SP-FC -BL Spectrum System Fan Card Thermaltake Thunderblade mm Led Case Fan mm CPU FAN I have a ZOTAC GeForce GT Eco MB and was thinking of upgrading the card and placing this eco card in another lesser used computer Specifications http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId The card I was planning on Can my power supply handle all of this load if I upgrade the graphics card?? going to Galaxy GeForce GTS GB Specifications http www geeks com details asp invtid SGF HX RUV I know the card is a few years old nevertheless it seems like the best option for me I am only going to get -bit cards from now on Needing to stay with the Nvidia brand as well due to certain programs I am currently using I do not have a lot of cash at current either so the budget is around give or take Would this card be a good replacement and not tax my power supply given everything else already hooked up as mentioned above This is my main concern considering that I have tried multiple online wattage calculators and get anywhere between and watts and do not know what to see or believe I am trying to keep the total output required by the computer from the power supply to about W max and keeping at least W in reserve at least Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Can my power supply handle all of this load if I upgrade the graphics card??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-my-power-supply-handle-all-of-this-load-if-i-upgrade-the-graphics-card.1043983/
Relevancy 84.71%

Help!! I Installed a new graphics card and power supply to my pc and now monitor, mouse and keyboard is not working.

I have tried putting the old ones back in and i am getting the same issue. no monitor means i cant even enter bios. It powers up as normal with all the fans spinning so I am not sure what the issue is. I am thinking maybe I have damaged my motherboard!

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV
graphics card = GTX650
power supply = 650W

any solutions anyone?

A:Installed new graphics card and power supply and now monitor is not working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply-and-now-monitor-is-not-working.1107041/
Relevancy 84.71%

Important specs for my issue input my HP supply for Need card graphics p6716f upgrading and on power Motherboard N-Alvorix-RS -uATX Alvorix video card Integrated graphics using ATI Radeon Power Supply Internal W - V Expansion Slots PCI Express x slot for graphics card Product number to look up anything else BV AA I got my HP Pavilion p f pretty cheap and I m starting to understand why now I m trying to upgrade the hardware specifically the video card and after googling Need input on upgrading graphics card and power supply for my HP p6716f the crap out of video cards I ve realized I ll need to upgrade my power supply too My question is how can I be sure what power supply will work in my pc and what wattage would be recommended I ve tried my best to figure this out on my own but I ve hit a wall I don t know if this makes any sense but because the motherboard and processor are AMD I was thinking of sticking with an AMD video card probably in the series problem is I dont know if it ll fit in the PCI Express x slot take a look by looking up the product number on hp id post the web page but this website won t let me So there s my first problem Second if I can even get the video card installed I ll need a new power supply and I have no idea what specifications matter for installing power supplies While writing this I foudd this on newegg VisionTek Radeon HD GB DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Video Card Would this solve all my problems If so I have this feeling this specific video card will be pretty loud Let me know please nbsp

A:Need input on upgrading graphics card and power supply for my HP p6716f

Link to specs here.

Motherboard picture:

Looks like any PCI express 16x GPU will fit fine, as long as you don't mind losing one of the PCI Express 1x slots for double width GPUs.

It has an ATX power supply, so that should cover pretty much anything you replace it with, but deeper power supplies might be hit and miss and you'd need to measure whether they would fit. ATX format power supplies are made to industry standard dimensions in terms of height and width, but different ATX power supplies do differ in depth. So an ATX should fit, but ultimately it depends on how much space you have between the back of the case and the back of the DVD drives for clearance.

The power supply you choose is dependant on the GPU you choose. If you could let us know the following, we could help you select the best option for you:

1. Your total budget, for a power supply and graphics card.
2. The intended usage of the computer -- if its gaming, what sort of games?
3. What resolution and detail do you wish to play these games at. The max resolution is dictated by the max resolution of your display, but it is an important factor to consider.
4. If you have preferred shops, list them. Newegg is fine if you like to shop there though.
5. How many fans does that case have, and where are they located -- upgrading to a higher end GPU introduces heat into the case in most cases, so cooling must be considered.
6. What processor is fitted in your computer? That model number has multiple CPU options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-input-on-upgrading-graphics-card-and-power-supply-for-my-hp-p6716f.176674/
Relevancy 84.71%

I downloaded the online game Overwatch but it crashes on my HP Pavilion p7-1423w desktop pc. I want to upgrade the video graphics card and power supply but need to know if the following devices are compatible with my desktop pc. I want to upgrade to the NVIDIA GE Force   GTX 660 video graphics card.  Is this compatible with my HP Pavilion p7-1423w desktop pcI also want to upgrade to a 520 Watt or 450 Watt power supply.   What brand and what is the highest wattage is compatible with my HP Pavilion p7-1423w desktop pc? In other words, what is the latest version of a NVIDIA or AMD Radeon HD card highest Watt power supply can I upgrade to that is compatible with my HP? Thanks.

A:Upgrade video graphics card and power supply for HP p7-1423w...

@ntvedt?, welcome to the forum.ntvedt wrote:I downloaded the online game Overwatch but it crashes on my HP Pavilion p7-1423w desktop pc. I want to upgrade the video graphics card and power supply but need to know if the following devices are compatible with my desktop pc. I want to upgrade to the NVIDIA GE Force   GTX 660 video graphics card.  Is this compatible with my HP Pavilion p7-1423w desktop pc  Yes, this video card should be compatible with your motherboard.  You can choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.  I like EVGA.  Their Tech Support (1-888-881-3842) is very helpful. I also want to upgrade to a 520 Watt or 450 Watt power supply.   What brand and what is the highest wattage is compatible with my HP Pavilion p7-1423w desktop pc?  There is no actual maximum PSU that will work in your computer.  The computer will only use the amount of wattage that is required to run it properly.  The extra wattage is used during peak power needs.  I suggest that you buy a PSU with at least 500W.  I like Corsair products.  A modular PSU is good in smaller cases.  They allow you to use only the cables that are absolutely necessary.  This makes for better airflow.In other words, what is the latest version of a NVIDIA or AMD Radeon HD card highest Watt power supply can I upgrade to that is compatible with my HP?  See my answers above. Thanks.Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-video-graphics-card-and-power-supply-for-HP-p7-1423w/td-p/5711823
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey I joined this forum because I am interested in doing a fair amount of modification to my current computer and I ve got some basic questions to ask I ve and Computer eMachines needed Power Help Graphics Card upgrading on Supply got a eMachines T PC and am interested in getting a GeForce GT card to replace the one I currently have put in there a FX le Doing so would require putting in a new Help needed upgrading Graphics Card and Power Supply on eMachines Computer power supply but I m interested in going further and buying a new case w power supply because for about the same price as a power supply I can get a better ventilated case that also should have a quieter fan The current T case heats up my upstairs room way to much and keeps those in the bedrooms around it up at night if I do not turn it off while the other -older- eMachines here makes almost no noise and runs cooler to the touch My question is how difficult would it be to transfer my system to a new case I ve done basic installation of cards and RAM and know enough to indentify the hardware in there but I ve yet to tackle anything at this level or would it be a smarter move to go for just Help needed upgrading Graphics Card and Power Supply on eMachines Computer a new power supply and card The specs of my computer are as follows -------------------- Help needed upgrading Graphics Card and Power Supply on eMachines Computer eMachines T CPU AMD Athlon XP Processor GHz with QuantiSpeed architecture Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition installed SP Chipset NVIDIA nForce Memory MB DDR PC Upgraded with another mb stick Hard Drive GB HDD Optical Drives x Max CD-RW Drive x Max DVD Drive quot MB FDD -in- Media Reader USB Secure Digital SD Smart Media Compact Flash Memory Stick Memory Stick PRO Micro Drive Multimedia Card Video NVIDIA GeForce MX graphics Overridden by a MB FX le in the AGP slot Sound nForce -channel Audio Modem K ITU v ready Fax Modem Network Mbps built-in Ethernet Peripherals Premium Plus Multimedia Keyboard Diablo Optical Mouse Amplified Stereo Speakers Dimensions quot w x quot h x quot d Ports Other USB ports in back in Media Reader Serial Parallel PS Audio-In amp Out GB external HD attached ----------------------- Hardware I want to install XFX Geforce GT MB AGP video card ATRIX comptuer case w watt power supply side vent amp fan Thanks for any help you can give -Draeger nbsp

A:Help needed upgrading Graphics Card and Power Supply on eMachines Computer

Sure

I dont see why the Card Wont work. The only problem witht the whole rig might be the PSU connection. You may have trouble upgrding it, you may not, depends on the model (and i really could tel ya) I would just look at the connections to see if it is the standard 20 or 24 pin. If it is...then i dont see a problem.

Good Luck

Sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-upgrading-graphics-card-and-power-supply-on-emachines-computer.27620/
Relevancy 83.85%

About a week or so ago, i thought it was time to switch out the power supply to a new one on my desktop xps 410, soo i can replace my graphics card too,(yes i know it is kind of ancient, but it all i have for now. and what i am working with) so i switched to:

HIS iCooler H777F1G2M Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

and a

COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power RS600-PCARE3-US 600W ATX12V V2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

my mobo is: a lga775 with a core 2 running at 1.86 Ghz AKA the one that was originally with the desktop.

Hopefully this helps. Thank in advance for all your help.

A:Constant Bsod After Switching power supply and Graphics Card On XPS410

Welcome aboard.

► You have a display driver update to get.

Code:
0: kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`045a0000 fffff880`045fa000 atikmpag (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Apr 06 06:40:44 2012 (4F7E4294)
CheckSum: 0005A52D
ImageSize: 0005A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
The reason is:

Code:
fffff880`098c73f8 fffff880`04a52167*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
atikmdag+0x3f167
► Look at your BIOS date: If possible, try to update it.

Code:
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.0.3, 8/14/2006
► Is there Daemon Tools?

Code:
ffff800`00b9cc48 fffff880`01073570*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
sptd+0x46570
Uninstall it at once.

► And ultimately, it is Norton products.

Code:
fffff800`00b9c3c0 fffff880`09330910Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\N360x64\1401010.002\SRTSP64.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SRTSP64.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SRTSP64.SYS
SRTSP64+0x3f910
fffff800`00b9c3c8 fffff880`093308f0 SRTSP64+0x3f8f0
Uninstall Norton and Norton 360. Use Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255911-constant-bsod-after-switching-power-supply-graphics-card-xps410.html
Relevancy 83.85%

My question is this The graphics card requirements suggest a power supply with Volt current rating of Amp Amps The power supply specs are showing only as high as amps Is this going to create an issue with the power effect requirements the card? does graphics supply of How (performance) amps power supply not being at the recommend amps Requirements for my graphics card are Minimum of a Watt power supply Minimum recommended power supply with Volt current rating of Amp Amps Minimum Watt for SLI mode system Minimum recommended power supply with Volt current rating of Amp Amps Spefications of my power supply are Brand Antec Model NeoPower Spec Type ATX V Maximum Power W Fans x mm super-silent fan PFC Active Main Connector Pin V Rails PCI-E Connectors x Pin SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Power Good Signal - ms Hold-up Time ms at full load Efficiency Up to V - Full load Typical load Light load V - Full load Typical load Light load Over Voltage Protection V trip point lt V V trip point lt V V trip point lt V Input Voltage - V Input Frequency Range - Hz Input Current A V A V Output V A V A V A V A V A - V A VSB A MTBF gt Hours Approvals UL CUL TUV How does power supply amps effect requirements (performance) of the graphics card? CE FCC CCC CB C-tick Features Connectors x Main connector pin x V P x peripheral x SATA x Floppy x PCI-E I feel as if I ve been a sleep for years not knowing all this stuff - would greatly appreciate any feed back regarding this as I m planning on purchasing a graphics card soon Thank you nbsp

A:How does power supply amps effect requirements (performance) of the graphics card?

Your PSU has a triple +12v rail design so you will use the combined amperage across all three rails. In this case, you have a combined rating of 54amps, which is far more than enough to run the latest video cards. The PSU is also CrossFire and SLI certified so running a single card that requires only 22amps should be a breeze for that power supply. Having an underpowered PSU may produce graphical anomalies or prevent a video card from functioning at all, just to answer your question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-does-power-supply-amps-effect-requirements-performance-of-the-graphics-card.118164/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello TechSpot I am here to ask about an little upgrade I m getting to replace my Dell Dimension E s onboard graphics It s only a MB memory PCI card but it s all I could afford at the time and it is being shipped to me and should arrive at my doorstep in a day or two My question is can I use the default W power supply I can t really get a job Teenager so money is hard to come by for me I hear that Dell computers have the power Dimension question upgrading card, E310 supply power graphics Dell - supply ports wired differently so a non-dell power supply could possibly fry the motherboard Another thing I may ask will the computer even run at all if this graphics card I bought The Newegg page for it is posted at the bottom is plugged in and enabled Or will my computer freeze crash restart shut down if it isn t for my power supply I really don t know what to do and I hear power supplies can be somewhat expensive so I m not sure if I can use my default one or do I have to buy one with a higher wattage If I have no other choice but to earn money and then shell it out for another power supply if someone could link me or at least specify a good power supply for me that would be appreciated I m not here to edit my computer into anything real special I just want games that run on the Source engine Half Life Garry s Mod Counter--Strike Source to not run like garbage and the possibility of being able to play more games using my PC I have already upgraded the RAM from MB to GB and some day I may upgrade it to it s maximum GB Thank you for your time I hope you guys can help me Newegg Page nbsp

A:Dell Dimension E310 - upgrading graphics card, power supply question

I hear that Dell computers have the power supply ports wired differently,so a non-dell power supply could possibly fry the motherboard.Click to expand...

Lol, did you talk to dell tech support?
Hahaha they lie.

Yeah should be fine, but of course, its not a particularly good card. You should be ok with the source engine if you load up the proper configs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-e310-upgrading-graphics-card-power-supply-question.151350/
Relevancy 76.97%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium "Black new a inhstalling card, after power supply Screen" SP1, and graphics Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply Stepping Processor "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX SE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI A C Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled This "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply has happened times - once while I was only watching a video online ahnd twice when I d play The Sims The screen goes back and it just restarts When the computer would restart I d receive the quot unexpected shutdown quot error but the computer will run smoothly until I do something that wills trigger it to happen again I have two of the error logs Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA A E BCP FFFFF FE C BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA DDDB B BCP FFFFF FE C BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml As I recently installed three notable things I m not sure exactly which is the problem but I assume the graphics because in Action Center these events are listed under quot Address a problem with NVIDIA Graphics Driver quot where it had apparently stopped working Please help me out nbsp

A:"Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-inhstalling-sp1-a-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.985632/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello!

I'm currently running on an eMachines ET1831-07, and as such have a 250w power supply and just a chipset. (I have no idea what I'm talking about, this is what my fiancé told me to post. I trust him because he's a computer science major >.>) I was wondering if there's a power supply with 300w output that I can upgrade to without.. Err.. Melting my motherboard, since the only graphics cards I can find that he says will make any difference on my game quality require 300w.

I'm not looking for max fps, or high quality graphics or anything, I just want the games to be playable.

Thanks much!
~Hannah

Edit: If anyone could also recommend a graphics card that I could use, I'd really appreciate that too! I have one PCI 16 pin slot open, and one PCI express pin slot according to my fiancé. Thank you!

A:Upgrade to 300W power supply for a 300W graphics card?

hi AsiaNeko
for a 300W power supply there is a lot of options to choose from :
check this link:
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp....,cf.osb&fp=cfc5c5d23709da28&biw=1440&bih=788
and for a recommendation for a graphics card ,first i need to know what kind of games you play

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-to-300w-power-supply-for-a-300w-graphics-card.173011/
Relevancy 76.11%

hello, i have a 9800gt that gives a very low fps on crysis, i went to the shop from where i purchased it and they said that you need to change your power supply, currently its 230watt, i was thinking that i should replace my card with another one as mine does not have a six pin supplementary power connector. so my question is that should i change my psu first or should i switch my card first?

A:Should i change my power supply or should i change my graphics card?

your running a 9800gt on a 230W PSU!? not sure how your doing that without it shutting down as soon as you start a game. the 9800gt needs a 450W psu with 24A on the 12v rail (s). change the PSU. you are fortunate that you haven't overstressed the 230W psu and destroyed the rest of the system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-change-my-power-supply-or-should-i-change-my-graphics-card.134139/
Relevancy 76.11%

i ve been playing world of warcraft for about a month now and i have it on the lowest possible settings and at x resolution and i m still getting like fps i want to up the settings on the game to good instead of low and have about atleast fps in raids with other and power card supply upgrade upgrade Graphics players and Graphics card upgrade and power supply upgrade when i m alone questing have like to OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model p y System Type x -based PC Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB I have a radeon hd so i want to upgrade it to be able to play with atleast fps but i want to spend as little as i can max for both and the less i spend the better if anyone can help would be great nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

It's been a while since I built a system from scratch and have a... errr... simple question

gfx: Sapphire HD3850 512MB Ultimate (passive)
http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=225&grp=3

MB: MSI P35 Neo2 FIR
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1261&maincat_no=1

PSU: Seasonic M12II 500W
http://www.seasonic.com/product/pc_retail.jsp

The motherboard has a power connector for the graphic card next to the slot.

Is there any reason I should connect the power for the card to the power connector on the board instead of directly to the power supply?

A:Graphic card power to power supply or connector on motherboard?

First time I have ever seen that feature. I like it. I'm thinking that is a neat/easy way to partially eliminate cable clutter from the PSU. Give it a shot, you can always revert to PSU cable if you wish.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-power-to-power-supply-or-connector-on-motherboard.705154/
Relevancy 69.66%

Thermaltake W0099RU ATX12V 250 Watts:

I found this on newegg, and if fact, I do need a new psu for my new 7900GS KO, and I thought this would be a cheaper and better option that buying a decent psu. What do you think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153037

A:Independant Graphics Power Supply

Interesting. I tried to find some reviews on it (real reviews by professionals), and couldn't. I'd like to see how stable they are first before I popped one in my system. Have you been able to find any reviews?

Also, are you SURE your current PSU is not enough? It may be enough you know. I see you only have 18amps on the 12v volt, that is very much on the low side, but it would depend on what else you have in your box.

I'm tempted to recommend you get a high quality 450w FSP power supply for $40 over getting the thermaltake.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/independant-graphics-power-supply.65359/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,My nephew wants to upgrade the graphics card in his 5501150qe, and will probably have to upgrade the power supply, too.   It's a small case and the first card he bought was too large (he hasn't done this before).  He now is getting a Msi GeForce gt 740 direct x 12 4gb. Can anyone suggest a compatible power supply, and will there be cooling problems? Thanks - 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-and-power-supply-for-550-150qe/td-p/5661943
Relevancy 68.8%

The M700 comes with a 250W PSU.  No other options are offered.
But there is an option to configure the M700 with a GeForce GT720 1GB card.
Nvidia's product site says the GT720 requires a minimum 300W PSU.
Why does Lenovo is configure a machine that doesn't meet the requirements given by the graphics card manufacturer?

But more importantly - if I follow threads correctly, Lenovo PSUs are a bit of their own animal.

Are there PSU part numbers for larger PSUs from other models that could be used to upgrade the 250W supply in the M700?.   (eg. the 650W supply available for the P500/510?)

Tnx for any ideas/thoughts.

Mod:  edited Subject line for more detail and clarity

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:M700: upgrading graphics and power supply

From an update tread I'm working on.   Let me know if you have any Qs or comments.

Power supply or PSU: The Mini-Tower uses a standard ATX power supply, and the SFF a standard TFX power supply. A power connector adapter (ATX to Lenovo) is required for systems built 2012 and later. For the SFF, the maximum aftermarket TFX is 400w, with 350w being more common -- not a huge increase over stock. For the Mini-tower, I have had an 650w aftermarket Corsair in mine (I recommend one that is semi-modular and shorter, as space is limited inside the case.) A good example for the mini-tower is the Corsair CX-M series.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M700-upgrading-graphics-and-power-supply/td-p/3376569
Relevancy 68.8%

I recently moved to the USA from NZ. I brought with me my hard drive K&T Pro2(MS-6330) ATX VA Motherboard.

I decided not to bring my monitor across with me (too costly).

I bought a monitor here in the USA which works on US PCs (tested). For some reason it will not work off my hard drive.

Could it be the power supply? Graphics card?

I have checked the cables (US); monitor and power supply.

Appreciate any assistance.

A:Monitor; power supply or graphics problem?

Which video connector are you using? D-sub or DVI? Could you be using the wrong DVI cable? Like DVI-D instead of DVI-I.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-power-supply-or-graphics-problem.28324/
Relevancy 68.8%

hi im going to buy a new video card but all the cards that i have seen call for a 400 or so watt power supply im wondering if i can put a more powerful power supply without burning up the old components in my computer or in other words if i get a bigger power supply will it over power my mother board ....................................... my computer is pci and it has agp slot my computer model is Hp Pavilion a510n with some addons

Relevancy 67.08%

How much ram can be installed in a m70e? i've seen sites that offer 8GB sticks.

Also is the power supply universal?

Mod:   edited title to describe the greater scope of thread

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:M70e Tower-memory, graphics & power supply upgrade

If you don't wish to buy memory from Lenovo, both Kingston and Crucial have 'System Specific' memory for your system that are guarranteed to work. Memory timings must be match what the BIOS expects for the system to recognize it, and generic memory often doesn't work.   

Use your Hardware Maintenance Manual for instructions on how to upgrade the memory. After making any memory change, run 2 passes of MemTest86 to ensure all is well.    A few older system types (eg. some models of M58), required a BIOS update to support 4 GB modules.   I'm not familiar with the M70, but it's probably similar to the other models.   If you take the cover off and measure the existing supply, then you'll know if it is a ATX or TFX standard. )

The Mini-Tower uses a standar ATX power supply, and the SFF a standard TFX pwer supply. A power connector adapter (ATX to Lenovo) is required for M92 and forward. For the SFF, the maximum aftermarket TFX is 400w, with 350w being more common -- not a huge increase over stock. For the Mini-tower, I have had an 650w aftermarket Corsair in mine (I recommend one that is semi-modular and shorter, as space is limited inside the case.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M70e-Tower-memory-graphics-amp-power-supply-upgrade/td-p/3341414
Relevancy 67.08%

Could someone take some time and give me some advice on what power supply unit and graphics card to get.

I am not looking for products, just general specifications which will help me find a good product.

As far as a power supply goes, what wattage would i need? Also are there any other things i need to check before i buy.

With a graphics card i am looking for a 256MB card but prices range wildly from £50-£300. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 256MB card?

MB, Processor and RAM are listed below

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-128-IN
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-108-AB&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=174
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-090-CR&tool=3

A:Building a computer, confused on what Graphics/Power Supply unit i need

Use the power calculator to help you work out what PSU you need
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/
As for the graphics card it really depends on what you are using the pc for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-computer-confused-on-what-graphics-power-supply-unit-i-need.568010/
Relevancy 67.08%

configuration would be

quad core cpu q9550 or q9300 or q96600
ATI HD4870 video card
x48 or p45 chipset motherboard (high end)
2 x 7200rpm sata-300 drives in raid
4gb 1066mhz ddr2 memory
sound card (high end)
dvd burner

I found a case that comes with an Ultra 600watt PSU, and wondering if that is enough for the configuration,

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-wattage-power-supply-do-i-really-need-quad-core-cpu-and-high-end-graphics.737692/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have just bought a PCS HD 4850 graphics card to replace my old one; Hp GeForce 8400Gs 256Mb HDMI Video Card 5188-8905
Chipset: Nvidia
Model: GeForce 8400Gs

The new card has a 6 pin power plug socket. I can't find a power plug in my base unit ( HP A6000) to connect to the new card. Any ideas please.

Stephen White

A:New card needs power supply

Hi,

If you do not have one, you will need to upgrade your power supply to one which has.

Look here for recommended: -

AMD Certified Power Supplies

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/285410-new-card-needs-power-supply.html
Relevancy 66.65%

quick question lets say i bought a pwoer supply for my pc but the plugs between my cdrom and hardrive are to close and wont reach my hardrive, and i have another power supply, can my video card have its own power supply plugged into the power port on the vid card?

A:Can My Vid Card Have Its Own Power Supply?

anyone around?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-vid-card-have-its-own-power-supply.92443/
Relevancy 65.79%

Just bought a HP Elite- f machine freezing and supply screening machine Solved: graphics power Windows7 and blue after I replaced the stock power supply which was w max Solved: Windows7 machine freezing and blue screening after power supply and graphics with a w rocketfish I also replaced the wimpy stock video card with a gtx The computer worked great for a while but then i started getting trouble Symptoms Randomly freezes total freeze mouse will not move Solved: Windows7 machine freezing and blue screening after power supply and graphics keyboard yields no response Randomly reboots When I bring it back up after a random reboot there s no response on monitor but it comes up after I reboot again I ve got a blue screen a couple times that says something about memory It s almost too quick to read Once it let off a series of steady beeps one after another very rapidly I ve never herd a beep code like it before Attempted so far Solved: Windows7 machine freezing and blue screening after power supply and graphics Checked all cables Updated video drivers Ran factory reset My specs are HPE- f Windows Home premium bit Motherboard H-ALvorix-RS -uAtx RAM gig DDR u Video gtx Processor AMD phenom II quad I m really at a loss here and this is my main use computer Can anybody help me out nbsp

A:Solved: Windows7 machine freezing and blue screening after power supply and graphics

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows7-machine-freezing-and-blue-screening-after-power-supply-and-graphics.998004/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a XFX Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO with 768 MB of Gddr2, with PCI Express 2.0
580 MHZ SLI Ready. It was part of a bare bones system from tiger direct. I had to replace the PSU once and I believe its maybe 430 Watts of Power. I doubt I spent more than 30.00 on the PSU.

When I take my video card out my pc it boots up fine and it runs off the onboard 8200 nvidia. But as soon as I plug in the XFX Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO and then connect the power from the card to the PSU it shuts off. The whole system just shuts off?? and it wont start again untill I remove the power cord only from the card. Also,, can I use DDR2 instead of GDDR2,,, whats the diff.

Thanks in advance peeps. any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Is it my video card or power supply?

I could be wrong but it sounds as if the 9600 has shorted out and tripping the PSU internal safeties, which is keeping the system from booting. Personally, I doubt it is the PSU as it functions just fine without the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-my-video-card-or-power-supply.184639/
Relevancy 65.79%

How do I find out what the wattage is to see what video card I can get? The card I'm looking at says it needs 350 minimum. I have a Dell 8200 with mx420, want to get geforce 6600 pci, I have the system info from gabriel topala, it says my pci slots support 5.0 volts and 3.3 volts, and my 4x agp only has 3.3 volts?

A:Power Supply for New Video Card

The required wattage is nothing to do with the voltages. Its the spec for your power supply (psu) that needs to be checked. If u open your case up and look at the psu, it should have a sticker on it that states its maximum wattage. If its less than 350watts then u will need a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-for-new-video-card.28736/
Relevancy 65.79%

while playing a game my screen went whacko! it was all scrambled an unreadable. I restarted my pc then everything was fine...for about an hour. then it got all scrambled again so I rebooted. Now I can not get it to come on at all!..Monitor is just blank. I have an acer aspire m1100. windows vista. Can anybody tell me what is wrong?
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 65.79%

i am looking to get a new video card but i have no idea what kind of power supply i have and the if it can handle the graphics card. i am looking to get a GeForce 6200 because it seems to have a reasonable price and i dont think i would need any of the higher end ones because i dont play many graphic intensive games. does anyone know how to find out how much power the power supply can provide and if the GeForce 6200 is a good graphics card?
thanks

A:video card and power supply

Well it depends on the other components in your PC, as they all use it too. I would say anything over 400W should do the job fine though. Someone else may be able to back this up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-and-power-supply.386024/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi folks,

After reading through this forum for a couple of days, I settled down and ordered a PNY FX 5500 PCI card for my cheap Dell 2400 (celeron 2.4 ghz 512 mb RAM). I figured the 5500 can't be any worse than the integrated chipset.

Anyway, I understand the minimum power requirement for the 5500 is 250 watts, and I believe that is what my computer has.

My question is this. Does "minimum requirements" mean the same thing with PSU's as with games? With games, the minimum requirement is just to get you chugging along at a crawl. I hope this isn't going to happen with a video card.

Also, if I decided to upgrade to a much higher wattage PSU, would that effect my electricity bill very much? :angel:

Any replies are appreciated.

A:Power Supply for Video Card

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

No the power usage should be a negligible difference.
Unless you were to get a 1500 watt psu. (which I'm not sure exist)

The differences will be the video and stability of whole system.
Min. req. tends to mean," just enuff to get by on lowest settings."

There are lots of good PSU's around, high to mid range in price.
plus allow you to add additional cooling should want.

How many devices do you have?
cdrom's
hdd's etc.
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-for-video-card.29272/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I am new to these forums. Was hoping to get some advice on using another power supply for a new vid card that i got. The vid card recommends that I have a 350 watt power supply, but mine is only 200. I do have another power supply from an older computer just laying around, but that is also only 200. Is there a way to use that also? Even if it does sit on the outside of my cpu it doesnt matter. I dont have a really fast comp, old P3 400, so my budget is very tight. (thus reusing existing parts) Any help is appreciated. THX

A:external power supply for v-card

What Video Card are you talking about? It may be a bit much for that system, you might want to get something a little more matched to the system.

There is a way to do this but it is a little different than you are talking about. The best way would be to use the other PSU to power things like Drives and fans. Those devices can use the connectors already on the PSU. This may work if you can divert enough power to the second PSU so there is enough power left for the other devices and the Video card.

This could be very easy to do, or it could be very difficult. According to your level of electronics experience as well as the particular PSUs you have. Some PSUs will only power on if the mobo connector is attached(which can be circumvented)

You'll also need a way to turn both PSUs on at the same time which is not too difficult either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-power-supply-for-v-card.2211/
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm looking at getting one of these:

BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC 256mb
BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC 128mb
ATI Radeon X800 PRO 256mb
These can be found on Best Buy's website, thats where it probably will be coming from.

My power supply says max 270w, so do I need a new one with more juice? Or will this one do for one of these Video Cards?

Power Supply:
NMB
Model Number - MJPC-270A1

Specs:
Sony Vaio RX881
P4 2.66ghz
512mb 2100 DDR
120gb 7200rpm HD

No upgrades, stock as it came. No overclocking or anything.

A:Do I Need A New Power Supply For A New Video Card??

Im no pro but...

I believe that a powerfull processor like your needs about 100watts of power to run. Every 128megs of ram = something like 15watts, and your cd drives are about 30 each. A powerfull video card can run in the range of 100 watts as well. So, you do the math. It's time for your new power supply as well. You should at least have a 300watt but, with your processor i would even go to a 400 watt. Spend the extra 15 bucks, might save you a big headache in the end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-new-power-supply-for-a-new-video-card.17570/
Relevancy 65.79%

I purchased some upgrades for this computer below:
HP Pavilion a6113w Tower
Specifications
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140 @ 1.6 GHz
- 400 GB HDD
- 2 GB RAM
- DVD+\-RW
- Integrated Graphics
- Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit which were a ATI Radeon HD 4850 Video Card and a Roswell 750w Power Supply. Worked great for the first 8 hours crashed for about 3 hours worked again for another 6 hours then crashed again and i cant get it to come back on. power supply is working for all i know and the video card hums on for a second when i try to reboot so i figure it is woking. i have even gone as far as to take out the video card just in case and still unresponsive. . Can anyone help?

PS I tried putting the other power supply back in and it worked fine but i can't use the Video Card w/ that power supply..

A:New Power Supply & Video Card

I'd restore the machine to the original configuration and see if you can get that working first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-power-supply-video-card.854516/
Relevancy 65.79%

I was about to purchase these two items, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148027 and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130074 , can someone please tell me if they are both compatible or not, I am currently using a Gateway GT5220 if you need to know what I am using to find out any compatibility issues. If someone can look into that for me (im the biggest tech noob ever) then it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Need help with this video card and power supply

Mini Tower

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 2 GHz

Installed Memory 1 GB 533(DDR2 SDRAM)

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition

that's your system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-this-video-card-and-power-supply.76427/
Relevancy 65.79%

I m using Windows Power Card? or Bad Memory Supply? XP on a Dell Dimension I have to leave the PC on full time now because I have trouble restarting the PC When the PC is turned OFF and I push the Power ON button the PC appears to be booting up but then appears to be going on and off by itself With the side panel Bad Memory Card? or Power Supply? removed I can see that the fan is turning off and on I can get the PC to boot up and work only if I turn it on and off a dozen or more times So I now just leave it on full time I tried to replace the memory cards with one new MB card but that did not solve the problem as the problem persisted I tried removing one and then the other of the memory cards and that did not help Somebody has now told me that it may be a power supply problem Advice PLEASE nbsp

A:Bad Memory Card? or Power Supply?

The only way to know for sure is to put a new PS in and try it! You can get some good ones for around $30 bucks - http://www.newegg.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-memory-card-or-power-supply.378213/
Relevancy 65.79%

here a quick summary My computer that had been running fine for months suddenly crashed when i hit the power button it would have power for a split second then turn back off I replaced power supply and same thing happened I built new computer with new case motherboard and CPU but used power a a card video fry supply? Can same power supply that i had replaced the old one with SMAE thing on new computer I tested both power supplies and they were fried I put in another power supply and the computer powered up but when i did this i did not have my video card in MY question is do you think it is more likely that on Can a video card fry a power supply? my old computer the motherboard fried the power supply or that the video card fried it it is a PCI-E Can a video card fry a power supply? MSI rx mb Can a video card fry a power supply? ddr ram that uses the -pin power on the card i havent tested the old motherboard ive spent too much money already and either the old MOBO or the Video card will probably fry my new PSU im hoping its the mother board cause the video card cost me bucks is there a way to safely test the video card without blowing up a power supply what do you think nbsp

A:Can a video card fry a power supply?

The video card will only blow a power supply if it tries to draw more power than the supply can handle, so simply test it with a psu with a high power rating (I usually burrow my m8s gaming machine to test components)
If it is fine then test all your computer components one by one and replace any faulty ones rather than simply buying new parts without knowing if they are faulty or not.
Good luck
Chris

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-video-card-fry-a-power-supply.67911/
Relevancy 65.79%

I am looking at this video card. MSI N560GTX-448 Twin Frozr III PE OC GeForce GTX 560Ti 1.2GB. What kind of power is necessary for this card?

Relevancy 65.79%

My PNY Geforce 5500 card just died, so I've been forced to buy a new card. I'm running on a Dell Dimension 2400, with 3 PCI slots only and a 200 watt PS.

I play a lot of second life, so I need to make sure I'm purchasing a card that will allow me to continue doing so. Heres what I plan on purchasing:

Video Card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130289

Which will need an upgraded Power Supply:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104953

Am I buying the right stuff? Will that card even work with my Dimension 2400 and Second Life?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys So I Card? or Power Video Supply have recently invested in a used computer but have ran into one small problem After connecting Power Supply or Video Card? the computer to my TV through HDMI the computer turns on and seems to be working fine but sometimes it fails to show up on the TV and when it does it seems to freeze up after a few minutes of use I then tried to hook up the computer to a Power Supply or Video Card? smaller TV through a VGA cable to see if this would solve the problem It did seem to work a bit better being able to start up and show the picture more regularly and and took longer to freeze the computer Was just curious if any one has had this problem or if anyone knows if it would potentially be the power supply or video card that would be causing this problem If I was made of money I would simply invest in a new video card and power supply but would like to to limit it to one or the other Any help would be much appreciated Thanks all Ryan

A:Power Supply or Video Card?

I'm not sure of this but, I get the impression that most of us use a Monitor rather than a TV to work with. TVs are not designed to be used as Computer Monitors

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/power-supply-or-video-card-4597532/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello all There is a similar thread to my question but I thought I would start fresh since the topic is quite old My current computer setup Stated below is quite standard and I plan on making a couple of changes to it soon My question s Supply/Video Card? Power are I have ATI Radeon XPress Onboard graphics with an ASUS A AE-LE AmberineM-GL E Motherboard I have been debating on getting a graphics card and have read around quite a bit about what to upgrade to I have read a lot of issues Power Supply/Video Card? about upgrading with an Nvidia card with ATI onboard graphics so that pretty much limits me to getting another ATI card I was looking at purchasing a SAPPHIRE L Radeon X XT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x CrossFire Supported found http www newegg com product Product asp item N E I am wondering if I am going to need to upgrade my Power Supply The information that I could find on it is very limited I am thinking because it was built for Compaq computers alone very similar to the ASUS board that I have No information about it from the manufacturer at all ------------------------------------------------------------ Manufacturer Bestec - Model ATX - Z-Rev CD Input - V - A - V - A Hz Output w Max V A - V A V A VSB A V V amp V W Max V amp V W Max -------------------------------------------------------- Ive read a lot of mixed reviews suggestions about what kinds of power supplies are better than others I had one in mind that came with a bundle at newegg com but it is a MM fan which I dont believe will fit in my tower Any suggestions on what is a reasonably priced power supply IF I need to purchase one for this video card Thank you much for reviewing my long post any input would be greatly appreciated since I have been trying to figure out what to do for a while now With Vista just beyond the horizon I need to figure something out quick because my rating on X is just depressing Thank you Chris nbsp

A:Power Supply/Video Card?

The vid card you selected sounds like a decent choice.

Yes you will need a new powersupply (PSU). Your PSU has only 300w total and 19A on the 12v rail. Besides Bestec PSUs are garbage anyway.

Here are some suggestions.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104952
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103928
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817194012
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S47ATX PC Power & Cooling makes the best PSUs out there but they are a little pricey.However a PCP&C PSU will likely outlast everything else in your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-video-card.59027/
Relevancy 65.79%

I just bought a GeForce GTX 460 video card for my computer which requires a minnimum of 450w. As it stands, my power supply is way too small and thus I am looking to upgrade. My question is, if my card requires a minnimum of 450w then would I be fine with a 500w supply or should I go for more, like 750w or 900w?

Thanks,
Bushviper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-power-supply.955726/
Relevancy 65.79%

hello, i was thinking on getting this video card.
i see how it requires a minimum wattage of 350, but ive heard from these forums that you usually need alot more.

so im wondering, will this be a good enough power supply for the card? ive had bad problems with power supplys and video cards so i just want to be completely sure everything will work fine.

thanks in advance

-Teh Delf

A:This Power supply enough for this video card?

It all depends on the quality of the PSU you go for, im no expert but it may not be enough amps on the rail. Im currently running a similar card (Gainward BLISS 7800GS which is 7800GT with an AGP bridge) on a 2 year old 360watt PSU and I have no problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-power-supply-enough-for-this-video-card.49644/
Relevancy 65.79%

I bought a LG quot monitor and wanted to increase the resolution to the x But my computer won t go supply Video card/power that high x bit so I thought I would get a new video card but when installed the computer goes into sleep mode I am running a ATX W power supply I am thinking that that is the problem Am supplying a link to the specs of my motherboard http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp lc en amp dlc en amp cc us amp product amp lang en the new video card is ATI RAGE PRO MB PCI I don t game just wanted a better card for video resolution etc The card says that it should have a W psu But since I have a micro psu size x x which is hard to find I think Video card/power supply I found a W but not sure if its the right one http www forpcs com hpposuse html My question to you is will a different power supply allow my computer to run that video card and what max psu will my motherboard handle Any suggestions to links on power supplies will be very grateful nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I've (finally) decided to upgrade my graphics card, and would like external opinions on which options are best. I would prefer to spend within a $240 budget, which would have to suffice for the costs of both a graphics card and power supply, as my current PSU is a stock model with a measly 300W output. I would greatly appreciate any ideas, suggestions, or insight. Thanks in advance.

*Also, I don't make online purchases, so retailer available items would be helpful.

A:Suggestions for New GFX Card and Power Supply

Here is the new CX500 model, the CX500M. It is semi-modular and an all around great PSU.

As for a video card.....what are your expectations? After that PSU, that leaves $160-170 left for a graphics card. Is the $240 firm, or can you add a few more dollars to it?

I just saw the part about not buying online........I have no idea what is local to you, but expect to pay a little more for it, or stay within the $240 budget and get less for your money.

Just to add: If you DO decide to do some online shopping, NCIX is the place to do it since you are in Canada.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/272782-suggestions-new-gfx-card-power-supply.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all. I just bought a graphics card that needs 350 watts and +12v with 20 amps to run. My power supply has to following output:

+5V 22A MAx -12V 1A max
+5V (FP) 2A Max +3.3V 17A max
+12VA 18A max +12VB 18A max

combined power on +12VA and +12VB rails must not exceed 360 watts

Total combined power must not exceed 375 watts

Can it run the card?
Thanks all.

A:Can my power supply run my new video card?

Hi, could you please post a little more detail.
Instead of saying graphics card, it would help if you said the actual graphics card.
Instead of power supply, you could say what power supply you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-power-supply-run-my-new-video-card.202504/
Relevancy 64.93%

HI,

Got a new computer about a month and a half ago from BBY, and bought a new ATI Radeon 9550 256MB AGP video card for it. I recently got Medal of Honor Pacific Assault and have been playing it with no problems until recently...my monitor starts to flicker and then it looks like the game has "melted" on the screen - everything seems to run together...it just started happening and it doesn't take very long for it to start once I get into the game. My machine came with only a 250W power supply and I've been meaning to upgrade that, but I was wondering if these issues are related to the card or not???

My system:

Athlon XP 3200, 2.2Ghz
512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM
160GB Ultra DMA HD
8x Dual Layer DVD/RW
52x CDROM
Onboard sound
ATI Radeon 9550 256MB AGP Video Card

Thanks for any help!!

A:Video card problem or power supply???

Well in a nut shell your power supply is way to small for that card.. Did some quick figuring i got 248watts for a answer there abouts ...I would think about getting a bigger powersupply like a 420w power supply..

check out here and be your own judge..

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-problem-or-power-supply.21496/
Relevancy 64.93%

Umm. I currently have 260W power supply and i use nvidia 8400gs video card (recommended minimum 300W power supply)

But i havent seen any problems

So i decided to buy

Nvidia 240GT (recommended min also 300W)

But since i havent had any problems so far with 8400gs though min req is 300W but i have 260W

BAsically

I shouldnt have problems with 240GT also right?

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I began having trouble with my supply power [SOLVED] or card video computer yesterday At first the game gave me a fatal exception and closed down I decided to restart my computer as it was running kinda sluggish After restarting and attempting to open the game WoW I got a blue screen error posted below I restarted and tried again and got the same thing black kinda screen could only see the login name and password boxes then about seconds later it crashes with a blue screen The computer also crashes when I attempt to open starcraft II Today I deleted the config file for WoW updated my video card drivers and removed my sound card as I now use a headset and didn't need the card anymore and I was able to play wow for about minutes before a hard lockup of the computer and no blue screen Here is the blue screen error I got from the first crash I used windows debugger to open the crash dump and did analyze -v It says [SOLVED] power supply or video card something about unreferenced [SOLVED] power supply or video card memory For troubleshooting I ran the built in windows [SOLVED] power supply or video card hard drive test and it showed no errors I also ran memtest for hours and it completed passes with errors on the memory I set all WoW graphics to absolute lowest and was able to play for a couple hours with no issues Opening starcraft II still resulted in an immediate crash with no blue screen I don't have another video card or power supply to swap and be able to test but I did have a hard drive I did a fresh install of windows and even during the windows quot testing video performance quot during install the computer shut down again I installed starcraft and again it closes within seconds of opening with no blue screen I'm wondering if the issue is the power supply or video card or maybe something else even Is there a reliable way to test the power supply Thanks for any help Blue Screen dump analysis Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION f A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system when they are terminated for any reason the system can no longer function Arguments Arg Process Arg fffffa df Terminating object Arg fffffa df b Process image file name Arg fffff b d Explanatory message ascii Debugging Details ------------------ PROCESS OBJECT fffffa df IMAGE NAME csrss exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP MODULE NAME csrss FAULTING MODULE PROCESS NAME csrss exe EXCEPTION RECORD fffff a b -- exr xfffff a b ExceptionAddress b d ExceptionCode c Access violation ExceptionFlags NumberParameters Parameter Parameter a de Attempt to write to address a de EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT CURRENT IRQL ERROR CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s EXCEPTION PARAMETER EXCEPTION PARAMETER a de WRITE ADDRESS GetPointerFromAddress unable to read from fffff ac e a de FOLLOWUP IP b d FAULTING IP b d FAILED INSTRUCTION ADDRESS b d BUGCHECK STR xF C STACK TEXT fffff a f fffff c f fffffa df fffffa df b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff a fffff bbd e ffffffff ffffffff fffffa b fffffa df fffffa df nt PspCatchCriticalBreak x fffff a fffff b c ffffffff ffffffff fffffa df fffff fb nt NNGAKEGL string' x fffff a fffff fffffa df fffff c ffffd e fbdaf fffffa b nt NtTerminateProcess x c fffff a fffff f fffff c dbc fffff a b fffff a e fffff a c nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x fffff a a fffff c dbc fffff a b fffff a e fffff a c a nt KiServiceLinkage fffff a b fffff d fffff a b e fffff a c a b nt KiDispatchException x b fffff a a fffff fa e dc nt KiExceptionDispatch xc fffff a c b d nt KiPageFault x a a df x b d STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner FAILURE BUCKET ID X xF C IMAGE csrss exe BUCKET ID X xF C IMAGE csrss exe Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:[SOLVED] power supply or video card

might want to review this

csrss.exe Windows process - What is it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-power-supply-or-video-card-542131.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am about to go crazy here . I turn the the computer on and the pwer supply starts up , I hear the hard drive start up , etc . , but it's like there is not a video card even installed . I get nothing . I changed the video card out with a known good video card and same thing . The power supply is acting a little strange . As soon as you plug the power cord into the back of the computer the computer comes on and starts powering up . Could the power supply be causing the no video ? Thanks

Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell Inspiron 660 desktop.
The good news is that I have a pretty high quality HD video camera.  The bad news is that it requires a firewire port to connect with my computer.  No problem I thought. I got a PCI card to provide one.  It requires that a power cable be plugged into it for it to work.  I popped open the case expecting to find the usual compliment of unused power lines available for just such a purpose.  There are in fact none at all.
What the heck? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19981930
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I am deciding that is time to update my graphic card and my power supply I have some question and some help from you to help me decide to get the latest and good graphic card on a good money budget value My resolution is x I play several games and looking for a graphic card that can at least handle with high settings at this resolution I did some research and found a couple of review and feedback about ATI My question is is this card worth the money for gaming The game i usually play is MW the one i have trouble playing max Card Need Supply Graphic + ) ( Help New Power Buying A settings with my current graphic card TF League of Legends and possibly the new upcoming game Call of Duty Blackops Will ATI worth the money and run all my games smooth or there is another better graphic card out there that outperforms this one Currently i also need to uppgrade to a new power supply Any recommendation of a power supply and a graphic card My money budget is up to max for both items Any help and comment will really appreciate it Thanks nbsp