Windows Support Forum

Case #1330051080

Q: Case #1330051080

Case #1330051080
I spent time with a tech rep yesterday. Joye was supposed to send me an email. I have not gotten it. Today I called and was put on hold endlessly and then disconnected. Very poor service both times.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7d9dc827-e1e9-41ad-b916-d7ba9dc61572/case-1330051080?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Case #1330051080

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 27.95%

Evening, all

I bought an interesting little Single Board Computer as an mITX motherboard (a WADE-8020, more info at the link below):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portwell-...766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9b75151e

I have another similar board in an old Hoojum Cubit 3 case, and was wondering if anyone might have any other suggestions for a similarly eye-catching case, probably ready-made, though I'm not averse to either buying a DIYed case, or maybe trying to make one myself (I have a Dremel but not much else, and that includes skill )

Cheers, Jon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-suggestions-for-industrial-mitx-board.213745/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey guys,

I am in love with the CM Stryker case however its fulltower so its rather big.

Does anyone know if I can get a similar case in medium size?

Thanks! ( Yes I tried googling already )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-like-cm-trooper-stryker-but-smaller.209005/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey guys I was looking at case suggestions mini-ITX redoing a build as a mini-itx so it would be more in the question to carry it somewhere if need be This is my alternative to getting a laptop as a primary mini-ITX case suggestions computer and ill be gettiing some sort of cheap portable tablet laptop for college work So I was looking for mini-ITX cases that would be best for my situation Alot of them are cube-like and im not a fan I would prefer something that I could put my xbox on top or vica versa Not that id definately be doing that but thats generally what form factor I want I also need to be able to fit like at most a GTX in it I know thats asking alot but alot of the cube cases can do mini-ITX case suggestions it all mini-itx cases ive really seen are too slim or to cube like and that makes it feel clunky to move anywhere Id really like to have the most efficient PC case possible Ive got a corsair c build right now and it just doesnt work at college as well as id want Oh yea my budget is at max Looking further im starting to think I won t be able to get a build small enough for what im looking for and I guess thats understandable I guess I should say my PSU budget is so it either needs to support a normal PSU or have a smaller one in that price range and wattage amperage that can run a non overclocked i and a GTX nbsp

A:mini-ITX case suggestions

I am doing a second mini-itx and the case does not seem to be working. the first case is no longer available - I posted pics here - it was all acrylic/clear - over the long term, it turns out that the acrylic broke at the power-on button and where the power supply meets the back of the case.

You might want to look at some that are for video - they have a low, flat profile like a DVD player.

You can get one that will accommodate a pico-psu power supply. This is a laptop-style power supply, with a barrel connector to connect to the computer.

This connection needs to be figured out before ordering parts. The right pico-psu will connect right into the ATX power supply plug, just like the plug coming out of a regular ATX power supply. But the barrel connection needs to be supported by the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mini-itx-case-suggestions.206075/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone - I have just assembled a new build It will not power up I need a suggestion to figure out if the problem is the case or the motherboard This is a mini-itx build power-up: power New or Build MB? no supply case's The case is New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? Linkworld LC - B This case comes with a volt watt external laptop-style power supply that plugs into the rear of the case just like New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? a laptop power supply plugs into a laptop - a barrel connector Inside this power connection connects to a power supply component that is not like a regular ATX power supply but is on a printed-circuit board New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? mounted on the case This has several capacitors and other stuff From that comes the -pin and -pin power supply lines for the motherboard I assume the -volt power supply for this external power supply unit is right since it came with the case It was watt The processor is an IBM t with TDP of watts Lower-powered CPUs can be put in a small so I assumed the power supply might be under-powered I ordered a -watt volt power supply with the right size barrel - and same polarity pos inside The MB is an ASRock H MV-ITX It is mini-itx form factor Still same problem Everything is connected correctly When I press the power-on button an external CD drive I have plugged-in spins up for a while But no power light comes on in the front of the case there are no POST beeps the fan for the CPU does not spin up No other signs of life So power is getting into the MB - the external CD drive is plugged into a USB socket in the rear panel of the MB After trying a watt and watt power supply I believe the problem cannot be the power supply cord Can it be that I have too little load I don t think so I plugged in another mm fan and an ol-fashion floppy drive just the power connection to add more load - same thing no power-up no POST nothing but the CD drive will spin up when I open-then-close it yet again So here is the help I need what else can I try -assuming the MB and case are fine is it more likely the case power supply is bad or the MB --Thanks nbsp

A:New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB?

Well, I figured out the problem.
I am planning to re-do the older mini-itx system I have; it has gotten riddled with Trojan software for kids downloading games; it basically has been de-commissioned already.

So, I took the pico-psu power supply from that older computer, and hooked it up to the one I am making. Everything went perfectly.

So, I un-did that, removed the MB from case, disconnected the barrel-power connection from the case, unscrewed and removed the power supply that had been mounted in the case, put the pico-psu power supply back in place (I had to drill the hole for the barrel-connection out to be a little bigger since the pico-psu internal/external connection is threaded and held in place by nut with lock washer), and routed wires to be clear of cpu fan, screwed MB to stand-offs, and closed it all up.

now, everything is great. I like this linkworld case, but the power supply is worthless. I may try to get a few dollars back from the ebay vendor, to make me happy with a case that is less than what I should have gotten, but is working for me; I don't want to wait on returns, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-power-up-cases-power-supply-or-mb.206259/
Relevancy 28.81%

Ok,guys.I need a suggestion about what case to get,my budget is up to 60$.
Looks are not important, the most important things are to have 1 fan or more,good cable managment and good build quality.
Thanks.

A:Budget PC case?

The Corsair 200R meets all your needs, but unfortunately, after Corsair released their new Spec budget cases, they raised the price of the 200R from $50 to $70.

So if you want a nice case for <$70, Corsair has some nice options you can check out >>here<<. I would watch unboxing videos on the Spec cases before purchasing since I am unsure if they would suit your needs (I am not too familiar with them since they are new). If you decide on a case, I recommend buying them from either >>Newegg<< or >>Amazon<<.

If you are interested in an unboxing of the 200R, check it out >>here<<.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-pc-case.201421/
Relevancy 28.38%

Acomdata Model with WD AAJB drives installed System Dell Optiplex with Windows XP-Home Acomdata driver installed Two identical by computers different 4 recognized HD not case of IDE Acomdata 509 any New in cases and drives neither was recognized Objective to format these brand new IDE drives New IDE HD in Acomdata 509 case not recognized by any of 4 different computers Drive configured as Master Master with Slave New IDE HD in Acomdata 509 case not recognized by any of 4 different computers and Slave the only evidence of New IDE HD in Acomdata 509 case not recognized by any of 4 different computers movement of disk Pink light was when installed as slave As MASTER or Master w slave No pink LED at any time Reset as MASTER An identical second Acomdata box with a second new WD AAJB drive behaved exactly the same It was not recognized in the Dell Initially the Device Manager USB list showed a yellow warning for a USB Mass Storage Device Uninstall and reinstall hardware made no difference A subsequent repeat of uninstall reinstall caused the yellow warning to disappear When the drive was reinstalled a small screen popped up in the Notification area telling me that new hardware had been found My Computer Open - eventually showed H as well as W X Y Z the card readers At that time Device Mgr USB Mass Storage had no yellow warning any more Storage Disk Management did not show H at that point An internal inconsistency ----- When I tried to FORMAT from the OPEN drop down menu H was shown to be inaccessible Tried the Acomdata drive system on an iMac and two functioning Sony Vaio PCs running Windows None could see the external drive Microsoft and other sites had all the same ineffective directions for taking care of the Code Cannot start this device MS blamed it on a device in one place Nothing to do with a device No one mentioned anything about how the HD should be set up while Acomdata s instructions were to set it up as a Master which I did After spending several hours on this with these two new WD AAJB drives and two Acomdata cases no success --- Contacted WD support for help via E-mail They responded that they do not support the drives unless directly connected to the mother board I e they did not know or have any idea either Searching the Internet the problem shows up very frequently for many people regardless or PC make or Windows OS When I first acquired the Acomdata case it worked OK I actually installed Windows XP pro on it with some files That drive is not recognized either in that case any more Different PC nbsp

A:New IDE HD in Acomdata 509 case not recognized by any of 4 different computers

Addendum: One of the drives is in a 509 Combo case, so I tried the 1394/Firewire connection.
Result: with the 1394 connection, the PC hung up during booting at the Windows screen.
Checked the BIOS and it looked ok. Safe mode booted OK, but the drive was not visible in My Computer-->Open; Device Manger, or in My Computer--> Manage-->Disk Management.

There seems to be no way to recognize this case or its USB only 2nd unit.
I cannot believe that both Acomdata cases developed defects in storage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-ide-hd-in-acomdata-509-case-not-recognized-by-any-of-4-different-computers.200984/
Relevancy 28.38%

Couple days I got new a case Corsair Graphite 230T Orange. I installed mother board P8Z77-V LX, new cooler Evo212. I THINK I installed the motherboard right in the case. I had to remove 1 pin that was blocking the placement of the board.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=pvyjc&s=5#.UuQzWxA1iUk

A:New case possible short circuiting home

There is 1 board mounting post that needs to be left out from time to time. I even believe I've seen phenolic, or some type of composition pins to be put in that position.

If you look carefully at you board, you may be able to spot the position, by the lack of ground tracks running to it.

Best I can do. BTW, I don't really trust any thing to do with "tinyURL" or similar links. No offense intended.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-case-possible-short-circuiting-home.199656/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi, I have a Corsair 550D and was going to get a h100i because I didn't realize I could put the H110 radiator on the side panel and have it exhausting air.

So let's say that's what I do, I have the H110 rad on the side panel exhausting air. That leaves me with the rear fan, the two top fans, the two front fans and the bottom fan. What configuration would give the best cooling with the H110 rad on the side exhausting air?

Thanks

A:How should I set up my case fans with a H110 rad on the side?

Well, mounting it on the side is an interesting choice but could work just fine. You have to remember though, hot air rises so you must keep that in mind when building your system.

If I was doing this, here is what I would do:

Front Fans Intake
Bottom fans Intake
Rear Fan Intake
Top fans Exhaust
Radiator Exhaust

That will keep a steady flow of cool air over your components. That in my opinion will be the best setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-should-i-set-up-my-case-fans-with-a-h110-rad-on-the-side.198986/
Relevancy 28.38%

For Christmas I got another mm case fan aerocool shark rpm and I tried mounting it at the top of the case to suck out hot air as I have intakes and exhaust already but I couldn t seem to get the right screws to screw it in at the top my case aerocool fan cooling Case question strike x gt came with long screws for the top of the case but they are too thin to screw into the fan So instead I mounted the new fan on the side door on the top fan slot by the CPU as an intake and today when I played a new game that I got for Christmas BF I noticed the CPU temps would get rather hot I am using the stock intel cooler bear that in mind I was getting a max temperature of about degrees C after a roughly Case fan cooling question hour gaming session Would I benefit from making the new fan an exhaust by the CPU or would I be better off or is there a secret way of mounting a fan up there at the top as an exhaust that I son t know about as I imagine that way would be the best way to do things Also my graphics card could handle BF at all max p with FPS Thanks EDIT - To clarify I have intakes at the front one rear exhaust and the new fan as an intake on the side door by the stock CPU cooler nbsp

A:Case fan cooling question

hopgop1 said:

For Christmas I got another 120mm case fan (aerocool shark 1500 rpm) and I tried mounting it at the top of the case to suck out hot air as I have 2 intakes and 1 exhaust already but I couldn't seem to get the right screws to screw it in at the top, my case (aerocool strike x gt) came with long screws for the top of the case but they are too thin to screw into the fan. So instead I mounted the new fan on the side door on the top fan slot by the CPU as an intake and today when I played a new game that I got for Christmas (BF3) I noticed the CPU temps would get rather hot (I am using the stock intel cooler, bear that in mind) I was getting a max temperature of about 80 degrees C after a roughly 2 hour gaming session. Would I benefit from making the new fan an exhaust by the CPU or would I be better off, or is there a secret way of mounting a fan up there at the top as an exhaust that I son't know about as I imagine that way would be the best way to do things. Also my graphics card could handle BF3 at all max 1080p with 60+ FPS. Thanks. EDIT - To clarify I have 2 intakes at the front, one rear exhaust and the new fan as an intake on the side door by the stock CPU cooler.Click to expand...

With stock coolers, the fan on the intel cooler is pulling the air through the heat sink off the CPU and into the case away from it. By putting a fan blowing air down on the CPU, you are pushing the air back onto your cpu thus keeping the hot air hovering around it.

I would suggest swapping to exhaust.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-fan-cooling-question.198885/
Relevancy 28.38%

I had no idea card could be some gigantic, that blows my mind, I can't wait to see the thing!

The problem is I never checked the size of the card to see if it would fit in my case, it won't.

What I would like as suggestions are names of cases long enough from front to back to fit 40cm card but no higher then 58cm as that's the height from the bottom of my desk to the top. (it does leave like half cm gap at thetop, not cool I know). If it's possible to get a case to fit the card that can also fit under my desk that would be excellent.

Edit: BTW, I'm getting a Palit Jetstream GTX 770 4GB.

Edit 2: I am actually now unsure of the length of that particular card, I keep find contradicting numbers.

A:Looking for a case to fit a 40cm card

I'm not sure I understand the request. Why would you need a 16 inch card slot? A 16 inch card slot would be outside of specifications.

Physical card dimensions

Full-size card

The original "full-size" PCI card is specified as a height of 107 mm (4.2 inches) and a depth of 312 mm (12.283 inches). The height includes the edge card connector. However, most modern PCI cards are half-length or smaller (see below) and many modern PCs cannot fit a full-size card.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-case-to-fit-a-40cm-card.198814/
Relevancy 28.38%

Anyone else have trouble with these fans in regards to their reliability? I bought over $100 worth of Aerocool's Shark red edition (of the 120mm and 140mm variety) case fans and a little over a year later the bearings are already starting to go. These fans seem to have a good reputation and they aren't exactly cheap, so I'm surprised that they are giving me these problems.

Two of the 120mm fans started grinding\buzzing all of the sudden and it was very annoying. A month later one of the 140mm fans started doing the same thing. This isn't something that goes away after lubrication and I can even feel it rubbing when I spin the fan manually. They utilize fluid-dynamic bearings so I would have expected them to last a lot longer.

A:Aerocool Shark case fans

I have these:
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16835129061
They are the Aerocool shark 140mm red edition (3 of them) and I've had limited problems. Two are mounted on a 140mm radiator vertically and they have had zero problems. The third is a bottom intake mounted horizontally and it's had a few minor issues. So far for me they are working fine and sounding good, the bottom one just had this odd grease appear on the fins which I cleaned off but it's still silent like the others.

I have not tried dissembling them yet, but if they are rattling, check if you can rma under warranty or try greasing them yourself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aerocool-shark-case-fans.197057/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi all,
I am planning to build a new machine and am wanting to start with the case,,,was wondering if I will strike any difficulties installing old hardware into a new case (apart from the front USB 3.0).
I have been looking at firstly the Gigabyte Sumo Omega here then after I found that I could not get a supplier here in Aus. Struck upon the SilverStone brand here which I should be able to purchase Downunder.

Would it be possible to install in a newer case ? (not planning on going to a smaller form factor) this current Mobo configuration GA- 8KNXPUltra FJ Ultra (with DPS) -Gigabyte-,,?
Thanks in advance

A:Building a new machine starting with case

Whoa a Pentium 4:

Well yes I don't see a problem with that as the screw configs have not really changed and most cases come with tons of different screw holes for all sizes of motherboards (Its normally the Extended ATX boards that are harder to satisfy).

You should not have a problem grabbing a new case and putting your old components in, they will fit in a normal sized case with ease!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-machine-starting-with-case.196653/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey guys Excuse my lack of proper harddrive Problem WD with external case changing terminology I am new to these things Recently my gb WD external hard drive had the USB port connection on the hard drives circuit board break off So Problem with changing WD external harddrive case I went and bought a new case from my local computer shop I had originally taken my HD to see if they could solder the usb port thing back on to the circuit board but they said they don t do repairs So he looked at my HD and told me which case would be best for it I come home and follow his instructions and remove the circuit board from which the usb port fell off from which also supplied the power and connected to the SATA power port on the HD and put it in to the new housing When I connect it to my laptop it does not show up under My Computer However in my icon tray it shows a USB device has connected and it gives me the option of removing it safely I can hear the HD starting up when it gets plugged in but nothing else happens When I removed the HD from its new case and put the old circuit board bit back on and manually held the usb with the usb port connection on to the circuit board from where it came off from I am able to get it recognized by the computer and the WD software for the password prompt starts up So I know my HD is functioning I just cant get it to function in its new case Any help would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Problem with changing WD external harddrive case

Is the new case powered in the same way as the old case? If yes, I would return the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-changing-wd-external-harddrive-case.196556/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi all,

I'm quite stuck on getting a PC case which will help with cooling. I'm looking for the best case at cooling in the 70 range. The case has to be big enough for graphic card upgrades (I currently have 5850 XFX Black Editions in crossfire). Examples of cases I've looked at are the Carbide 300R, HAF 912 Plus and Fractal Design R4. Please can anyone advise of the best case (in this class?) in the UK. I'm happy to add additional case fans to get better cooling!
MB is ATX, BTW.

A:PC Case advice for better cooling (budget @£60-£80)

Well since im going to assume air cooling I have a couple of options that I personally like for those types of systems:

NZXT Phantom Mid Tower

Corsair 400R or the 300R are both great options

There are many more but those are a few near your price point I recommend. I like the NZXT Phantom cases the most because of their room, expandability, and overall sleek look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-case-advice-for-better-cooling-budget-%C2%A360-%C2%A380.196120/
Relevancy 27.95%

My iphone 4S can not support whole day use as the battery nearly drain .

So I searched iphone 4S external battery in amazon and find Plush cartoon toys power banks AD below. The price is 29.99$ a little expensive as its 5200mAh. T

http://amazon.com/Constellations-Thunderbolt-Incredible-Blackberry-Fashionable/dp/B00DJ3DZK2 (avoild link, delet url space when past in IE)

Also I found a external battery case here :

http://www.amazon.com/Power-External-Protective-Battery-iPhone/dp/B00409E4JK/

The battery capacity is only 1700mAh but can be used as a case protector for iphone 4s

Which one I should bought or

do anyone find the similar high capacity like 10000mAh but cheaper one in ebay buy.com or amazon and other place?

A:Power bank or external battery case?

Before you invest in more equipment, try to reduce power consumption (see this)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-bank-or-external-battery-case.195897/
Relevancy 28.38%

I read online that some people, while making their server build, had to drill holes in the case's back plate or just buying another case. I was just wondering if with this case and motherboard, I would have to drill holes because I know that with server motherboards there isn't really a standard. Thanks to anyone who helps out!

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147155

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813182182

A:Server Motherboard with case help

You need to find a rack that can support E-ATX motherboards (extended ATX). Do you need a rack? Or is this just a workstation?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-motherboard-with-case-help.195224/
Relevancy 28.38%

What the title says. I am looking for the best air mover for the lowest sound in that range. Im not expecting close to the best I can get at all.

I dont care about sound THAT much, but my PC now gets rather loud under load and I just want to make sure a bunch of fans (5 or 6) wont contribute to noise.

Oh and also, I just want 2 blue LED ones-im getting a corsair C70 and that already comes with 3 fans so I should be plenty set after that

A:Best blue LED 120mm case fans for $15 (each)

I recommend these:
Xigmatek XAF-F1256
Cooler Master JetFlo 120
Cougar 12CM
Enermax Vegas Duo - Haven't tried this, but people say it is a good fan. It has 2 colors also.

These are cheaper, but more noisy options:
Rosewill RFA-120-BL - recommended over the CM one below
Cooler Master 120MM Blue LED

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-blue-led-120mm-case-fans-for-15-each.195161/
Relevancy 29.24%

Struggling to find the right case for me, where can I find a case with:

ATX
Soundproofing
Dustproofing
Space for at least 5 Hard Drives
Space for at least 1 Optical Drive
Space for at least 1 ssd (optional since I currently use a converter)
Space to fit a HD Radeon 5970 / HD Radeon 7990
Space for large fans / cooling design
Very Heavy/average (optional - Not a downside)

A:Appropriate Case

I would recommend the CM Silencio 650, which is the most silent case I can think of, but it cant support the 310mm 7990. That means you need a full tower case. I think your best bet is the Fractal Design Define XL R2, which comes in grey and black. It has 10 HDD bays (SSDs just need a converter) and a optical drive bay. It is also soundproof, has filters for fans (dust proof), and can support up to 330mm cards with the drive bays intact.
Grey:http://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Desig...4693&sr=8-1&keywords=Fractal+Design+Define+XL
Black: http://www.amazon.com/Fractal-Desig...4693&sr=8-2&keywords=Fractal+Design+Define+XL

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/appropriate-case.192752/
Relevancy 27.52%

Late night I was in bed then I shock Static button... mobo case power fried? remembered that I needed to pay a bill that was due the next day So I jump out of bed and right to my PC I reach for the power Static shock case power button... mobo fried? button with my static charged finger unawares and get a shocking surprise I didnt actually press the button but the PC fired up anyway only to power down seconds later So I ground myself too late and press the power button Nothing no response Next I open the case and press the power button on the mobo no response The power and reset button on the mobo are lit up btw So then I unplug my power cord from the psu wait for the pc to drain completely then plug the cord back in Right when I plug the power cord back in the pc fires up then dies seconds later I ve tried -shorting out the battery -resetting cmos -screwdriver to the case power pin -bench test All with the same result Heres my hardware CASE Thermaltake MK-I Chaser CPU Intel Core i k GHz GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB MOBO Asus P Z V PRO GEN MEM Corsair Vengeance GB DDR - x SSD Crucial M GB HDD Western Digital Caviar Black TB Windows Home Dont know what to do next I bought everything in February of so everything should be under warranty if qualified Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Static shock case power button... mobo fried?

Sounds like you've fried something important. You could probably try getting an RMA on the board, but they might realize what has happened.

I feel for you bro. I did a similar thing with a motherboard not too long ago.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-shock-case-power-button-mobo-fried.190991/
Relevancy 28.38%

Anyway that I can make the Thermal Element G case compatible with the ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155? I know the case doesn't have a USB 3.0 front port but the motherboard does. What can I do to get around this, because this is the only case that I can find that I really like.

A:MB and case compatibility issue

Ah, good to see you have received your components . I dont really get what you mean. The case doesnt have front USB3 ports? This may be because the case is an old model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mb-and-case-compatibility-issue.191480/
Relevancy 28.38%

If you like this modification please comment by a Korean Guy

A:Beautiful case modification

That is pretty cool actually. Pretty useless though lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/beautiful-case-modification.191000/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey everyone! It's jsut a quick post, but I recently finished a brand new computer build, but I am worried my case doesn't supply enough cooling, but also don't like the nosie it produces during gaming, so I am wondering if anyone knows of any good cases under 50/$60. I have looked at the powercool dominator and am wondering if it will be enough (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powercool-D...9?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1362519059&sr=1-109).

My build is as follows:
- AMD 8350 CPU with stock heat sink/fan
- Gigabyte 7950 triple fan graphics card
- 16GB RAM
- SSD & Hard Drive (not performance, but more energy saving)
- CIT basic case modded with an additional fan on the side
- ASUS M5A99X Motherboard
- 880w PSU

Thank you for any advice! It will need to have high cooling abilities, but also quite quiet!

A:Computer case for $60?

- Noise from case is 95% the fault of the fans. More expensive cases provide quieter fans, but you're paying a lot more to start with anyway. Plus, you'll have to provide your own additional fans in most cases (pun not intended) anyway.
- PSU fan could be loud..?
- Cooling performance is a combination of how neat your build is (cables etc), the amount of components, the type of cooling on your devices, fans used, and airflow provided by case. This is a lot of variables, so it can be hard.
- The case you linked is a budget case. Don't expect miracles.

- My suggestion - stick with what you have, tweak the fan speeds a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-case-for-60.190450/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello, I'm just wondering if it is possible for a PSU to stop delivering power to case fans due to aging/dying or would my case fans really be dead and in need of replacement.

A:Aging PSU or genuinely dead case fans?

How old is the power supply? Also, how many case fans do you have? It seems unlikely that the power supply would stop sending power to the case fans only. If everything else is working the way it should, perhaps your case fans are dead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aging-psu-or-genuinely-dead-case-fans.184874/
Relevancy 27.52%

I m not too tech proficient but I m getting better and decided to tackle my biggest challenge so far I took everything out of a Gateway PC replaced the PSU and put everything back into a new full tower case Everything works great except the audio Here is the problem and details I only have an onboard audio card The new case has a headphone jack on the front that connects to the quot audio quot pin connection on the bottom of the motherboard I connected this After reassembling the audio jack on the rear of the case on the motherboard I O panel does not produce sound HOWEVER the headphone jack on the front DOES produce sound I m a little puzzled because that would seem to imply the motherboard is fine Does the I panel audio ports run off after new components case to Onboard problems audio moving of dedicated Onboard audio problems after moving components to new case power or a specific power cord that I might have placed in the wrong place or backwards Any other ideas Followup question THere is something Onboard audio problems after moving components to new case wrong with the front headphone jack maybe a manufacturer defect that is causing the left speaker to crackle and be less loud almost like a bad speaker but I tested for that In the case I took everything out of there was a single AUDIO pin connection from the front panel to the motherboard But on the new case the AUDIO pin connection had an additional identically sized pin connection coming off of it about quot from the AUDIO pin connection It had some numbers on it like a voltage rating or something unsure I just left it hang loose Any help would be greatly appreciated MORE INFO Opened realtek HD Audio manager program When I plug Onboard audio problems after moving components to new case the jack into the back I O panel the corresponding area on the diagram does light up and recognize However no sound is produced when testing nbsp

A:Onboard audio problems after moving components to new case

Hi, If you replaced all the cables as they were then you should have no trouble.
The front panels are in 2 groups. The USB sockets are 1 group with a cable that runs over to the motherboard.
The front panel audio board has 2 cables that run from it to a single free socket, and that plugs onto a connector on the motherboard that has 5 pins in one row and 4 pins on the other row, with one pin empty.
But I would think it's more likely the problem is the settings in Windows.
Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar, choose 'playback devices', and if your speakers are plugged into the back of the pc, you should see them in the list. They should have a green tick over the speakers.
If not, right click on the speaker line, and choose 'enable', that should put the sound signals onto the socket where your external speakers are connected to.
* Might also be worth testing that your external speakers are working by plugging them into something you know works, such as a mp3 player, mobile, or tape player output. It's possible the speakers are not getting power. (Power LED on one speaker).
*Also check for muted audio in Windows, and the 'on/vol' control on the actual speakers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/onboard-audio-problems-after-moving-components-to-new-case.182273/
Relevancy 28.81%

im starting a new project of wich im going to mod an xbox case to fit a micro atx board. i know this has been done before but i thought i would have a go as im in the market for a htpc anyway. ill be using old compents ive dug out nothing special first gen sempron and a gigabyt board 1.g gigs of ddr ram and a geforce 6200 wich is low profile so should fit nicely.. when ive got some progress ill get some pics up!

A:PC in an Xbox 360 case

Here's something that may help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-in-an-xbox-360-case.180162/
Relevancy 28.38%

Guys im buying a new gaming pc, hoping in doing some oc in the future. I in dought in wich case i buy , im thinking on the HAF X but i dont know yet, if u have a better case that is in the same price as the HAF X or less i would be greatfull to know. THX

A:New gaming case, leaning toward HAF X

Case choice is quite subjective, just get the one which you think looks the best. The performance difference between gaming cases is pretty minimal.

IMO the HAF series are total eyesores but that's probably just me...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-case-leaning-toward-haf-x.180243/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello friends It s summer time in this part of the world and the need for good cooling has demanded acknowledgement fan poll: Opinion preference, and Case CPU pressure direction again Anyone who has lived in Texas knows what I m talking about dead To satisfy those needs on air cooling I ve come up with a mod which I will be posting in some time Now comes the problem The guide Opinion poll: Case pressure preference, and CPU fan direction will be on a quot works for me quot basis So how can I make it applicable for most people To solve that problem somewhat I ve got the option of a poll Here are the things which need to be considered Case pressure Case pressure is the pressure co-efficient of your case s airflow E g More intakes and less outlets create a positive pressure co-efficient while less intakes and more outlets create negative case pressure Note that this does not mean quot all intakes no outlets quot or quot all outlets no intakes quot It means intakes and outlets both working at different magnitudes Though this may appear irrelevant to some this has a lot of effect on the rate at which heat is vacated from the case CPU Fan direction This is a topic in which there is much disagreement Some believe a fan blowing away from a CPU is better some believe a fan blowing onto it is better However most modern systems have fans blowing onto the CPU As this changes the airflow pattern in a case it can fundamentally alter the scheme of my mod As always I m open to suggestions for improvement Any poll options will be added as necessary Cheers grinthumb nbsp

A:Opinion poll: Case pressure preference, and CPU fan direction

Added poll as per PM discussion with Marnomancer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/opinion-poll-case-pressure-preference-and-cpu-fan-direction.179431/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello everyone!
I just need some slight help here. I just 'built' my first custom PC. I bought this Antec Nine Hundred case with Upgraded USB3.0. I thought it was cool to have extra USB built right in. I also have the x58 Sabertooth mobo. The mobo doesn't have the I/O port the USB3.0 header cord. What can I use so I can get the usb header to connect. I'm guessing some sort of PCI card. Can anyone help me out? Thank you.

A:Case has USB3.0 built in, motherboard does not have input for it

A PCI card or a PCI-E card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-has-usb3-0-built-in-motherboard-does-not-have-input-for-it.179612/
Relevancy 28.38%

My friend let me have his old Cooler master 430 black elite, Im having trouble with it. My computer wont turn on, I know all my components work because they just came off my old case and they worked great. The difference between my case and this new case is the system panel cords(ie. hdd led, reset sw, power led, and power sw) are all seperate meaning there are 5 different cords compared to the one that my old case used to have one bundled up. I've looked online on how to connect these and nothing seems to work. Anyone know how to connect these cords to my intel g41 chipset?

A:Computer won't turn on in new case

you can get a Q-Connector or look for a diagram of your board and it will tell you what goes where. What board do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-turn-on-in-new-case.178020/
Relevancy 29.24%

I want a case with a FULL size side panel window (not half of one...).
I was looking to get the NZXT apollo, but im not a very big fan of the front.
Can anyone recommend some nice cases? (if it already has LEDs, i need blue ones)
i was looking at the X-jupiter and X-telstar, but im not a huge fan of the way apevia throws their name all over the front.

A:Case for $75

Well...what size were you looking for?

This one has full view of the side and is $39 on sale, and the reviews were positive.
http://www.xoxide.com/logisys-communion-case.html

Dimension: 250 x 488 x 540mm (9.8" x 19.2" x 21.3")
Max. Motherboard size: 12" x 10"
Drive Bays: 11
4 x Open 5.25" Drive Bays
2 x Open 3.5" Drive Bays
5 x Hidden 3.5" Drive Bays
Built-in 2 front USB 2.0+ Audio Output
80mm RGBY LED Fan Included
480w SATA Cable Power Supply Included (Compatible to 20/24pin Motherboard)
1 x Rear Fan Mount (for 80mm / 90mm / 120mm Cooling Fan)
Toolless Thumb ScrewClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-for-75.174563/
Relevancy 27.95%

i want to install cooler master V10 in mid tower case..but im confused which one to pick between Cooler Master Storm Scout Black and Cooler Master HAF 912

does anybody have any idea which one should i pick.??

A:Cooler Master case recommendation needed please

The HAF 912 would be my pick... more of them out there... more in service for Cooler Master to learn from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooler-master-case-recommendation-needed-please.174194/
Relevancy 28.81%

can't get Dell D520 case apart to gain access for PW reset. Since I am new I cannot Private Message Paragon and I am visually impaired so trying not to break anything any assistance on this particular case is appreciated it seems to be an issue on the rear of the case near the dinn connector all screws are out and such but still will not release, any help is again appreciated.

A:D520 case will not come apart

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd520/en/sm_en/index.htm

Complete tear down manual.

Also check here for maybe an easier option

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f36/dell-d520-administration-password-68532/

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d520-case-will-not-come-apart.172849/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey,

I would like to get the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO for me. The problem is that I don't have a backplate cutout. Will it still be possible to install?

Thanks

A:Can I install a CPU fan backplate even though there is no cutout on my case?

Yes. You'll need to remove the motherboard in order to install the hardware on the backside of it. I have an Antec 300 case and when I installed a CM Hyper 212+, I removed the the board from the case.

More work, but doable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-install-a-cpu-fan-backplate-even-though-there-is-no-cutout-on-my-case.171524/
Relevancy 28.38%

It just started rattling and grinding and sounding terrible. It's the case fan on the back, not the side, not the power supply or the psu, I know this because I reached in and put my finger in the fan on the back, stopping it, and it was what was causing the noise.
It was so loud that I actually inhibited the fan so it's not working now. My case is open so I figured it wouldn't get too hot in there, but what can I do to fix the fan?
Blowing it out with an air can didn't do any good.

A:My case fan all of a sudden got really loud!

The bearings might be failing. It happens. You just replace the fan with a new one. It's easy and new case fans don't cost too much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-case-fan-all-of-a-sudden-got-really-loud.171437/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello,
I will be buying for myself a hx750 PSU modular. It is 18 cm long and my case will not support it to round the cables from the back. I do not think that is a problem as the PSU is modular. My question is, should I make the output for the cables round the back of the case bigger by cutting some off or not.

Here is a picture:
Where it says 14 should be 15 cm

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Wouldn't the AX750 be better as it can fit?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hx-750-will-not-fit-into-my-current-case.171314/
Relevancy 27.95%

Today I got in the mail my Corsair 600T case. After a couple hours of getting everything switched out, I hooked it up and was ready to go. But I get nothing. In bios, all six of my sata ports read "not detected". I have my boot 500gb in sata1 and my 2.0 TB (steam folder) in sata 2... It's so hard to find a solution for this online because it's so strange... I've hooked everything up just as it was before... And am feeling very, very helpless. If anyone has had a similar issue and somehow found a solution... Your help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Just switched over to a new case, now my HDDs aren't detected

Disregard... loose connection on the PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-switched-over-to-a-new-case-now-my-hdds-arent-detected.170714/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello Techspot,

I am going to get my self a new case and a PSU. I would like to move my current system into it. Will the information on my HDD be wiped off or not.

And if there is any way please tell me. I checked the guide on Techspot but it is a bit outdated and I am not changing my motherboard.

Thanks

A:Moving system into a new case: Will my OS be wiped off?

No, it will not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-system-into-a-new-case-will-my-os-be-wiped-off.170602/
Relevancy 28.38%

I m in the process of building a new HAF a Cooler for Master 912 Case airflow help PC I have all the parts on order and they should arrive today I was looking at the case and a few other parts and got to thinking exactly how I should setup the airflow in the case Normally I would just do top back exhaust and side front intake The problem is I m Case airflow help for a Cooler Master HAF 912 using Corsair liquid cooling so that will take my Case airflow help for a Cooler Master HAF 912 back exhaust My question is with the case I have what type of fans should I use and where Also which fans should be exhaust and intake ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The case I m getting is a Cooler Master HAF The Liquid Cooling I m using is Corsair H I d link them for you but I currently cant link urls ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The case has the following slots in it for fans Cooling System -Front mm fan x or mm fan x -Top mm fan x or mm fan x -Rear mm fan x -Side mm or mm fan x It comes with two s obviously and I m putting the liquid cooling fan radiator in the back fan slot The problem with that is the radiator blocks one of the top slots so I can either go x mm on top or a mm on top I m putting a mm on the side of the case as well The case also comes with a mm in front and has room for another or you can swap the two mm s for a mm Here are my current thoughts on air layout -Rear Has to be intake for the liquid cooling radiator -Top Exhaust with a mm -Side Exhaust with a mm -Front Two intakes with two mm Oh I m also getting a RAM cooler G Skill Turbulence II FTB- C -D I dont know if that will affect how I m supposed to cool the case with the fans either hence the question here Any input as to what I should do with the fan slots I have left to fill and which ones should be intake exhaust would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Case airflow help for a Cooler Master HAF 912

The stock fans should be enough, but I have a feeling you are going to do a massive over-clock, so every piece of hardware will be affected. The rule is:
front fans blowing in
top fan blowing out
side fan blowing in

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-airflow-help-for-a-cooler-master-haf-912.170110/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello, I have a 2u rack mounted case in a studio. Standard dual core AM3 processor, not overclocked, used for music production.
The case has 3 x 50mm fans in front intake. Ive managed to find Fractal Design 50mm fans that are silent. But the processor fan is too loud.

I have a Gelid Solutions Slim Silence Low Profile AMD CPU Cooler, and it is far from quiet.

The case runs quite hot anyway due to the design so I dont think acoustic treatment is an option.
Can anyone recommend a quiet/silent AM3 CPU fan?
Thanks

A:Silencing a 2u case - CPU fan recommendations?

You said it yourself "The case runs quite hot anyway"... The faster a fan is designed to spin the louder it gets. The low-profile heat sinks have less heat sink area to dissipate heat so you need a faster fan. Maybe something like this will work:
Quiet-Low Profile Fan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/silencing-a-2u-case-cpu-fan-recommendations.168654/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello fellow TechSpotians I havent posted for a bit and I was hoping we could $40-$200. your My own own? discussion Add five-case roundup have a little discussion about these cases or any that are better or comparable for a better price if you feel strongly about one I dont have in here SUGGEST IT These are my top picks from Newegg and Tigerdirect Any other sites welcomed I am looking for a new case but not in a rush It s for my work PC and I would be opening it often and adding and My own five-case roundup discussion $40-$200. Add your own? removing parts frequently maybe once a month or every My own five-case roundup discussion $40-$200. Add your own? other month So maybe not that often compared to some Here are my picks in no particular order And maybe a reason I picked it as minimal of a reason it may be I still appreciate criticism comments and suggestions ALL APPRECIATED Only requirement is to fit an ATX motherboard Now that I wrote that I think I have to double check these just in case they dont they all probably do though I think they are all FULL and MID tower cases correct me if im wrong Cooler Master RC- -KKN HAF X ATX Full Tower Computer Case Overall nice looks well build decent reviews Has wheels that come with the case Cooler Master RC- -RWN -GP Elite Mid-Tower Case Cheap good reviews Cooler Master brand choice in color Ultra ULT Mid-Tower ATX Case Oh ULTRA Removable motherboard tray other removable brackets power bar Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series T Mid-Tower Case This case got my attention not because its white Inside is nice rubber gromets holes for cable management LOCK FOR SIDE PANEL and nice latches Looks like good quality Overall good reviews Antec Lanboy LANBOY If you dont know check it out nbsp

A:My own five-case roundup discussion $40-$200. Add your own?

Oh, whoops.. did I post this in the right section? Other hardware, guess it kinda fits. Mods?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-own-five-case-roundup-discussion-40-200-add-your-own.168136/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello, I am looking to upgrade to a CORSAIR Gaming Series GS600 600W ATX12V up from my 480w psu. My question is whether or not it will fit in my current case. MY case is a Thermaltake V9 Blacx edition. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

A:Will a new PSU fit my current case

Measure the dimensions of your current power supply and then go to Newegg.com and they should list the dimensions of the Corsair.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-new-psu-fit-my-current-case.169736/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello,
I read that case fans can be installed on the motherboard or PSU. When installed on the motherboard then you can adjust the speed, however the motherboard would need to have enough power to keep the fans running or else some might stop spinning.

I will be getting the GA-990FXA-UD5 and either the Corsair HX750 or HX850. I will be using 5 case fans.

Does the motherboard have enough ports or channels for 5 fans? I heard that there are some converters for more fans or something like that. Heard a guy say it on YouTube, but he didn't say what type converter.

Thanks

A:Which is better: Installing case fans to mobo or to PSU?

Generally a motherboard will provide 4 fan headers for connecting fans. CPU. POWER and 2 x CASE/CHASSIS. If you are running more fans and are not concerned about having them speed controlled by the motherboard you can connect them directly to the PSU. Several splitters are available for connecting more fans to the motherboard. I used a splitter that allows 3 fans to be connected one header on the motherboard and a connection from PSU for extra power ( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-031-AK )

This was for the use of the H50 Corsair water cooling unit when I had 2 fans running in push/pull configuration on the radiator connected to the CPU fan header on the motherboard and the pump housed in the casing above the heatsink part connected to chassis fan header with no speed control enabled as it is required to run at full speed all the time. This cable allows the motherboard to control fan speeds.

Although a more basic splitter without external power connection or speed control will most likely do the job ( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-013-AK&tool=3 )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-better-installing-case-fans-to-mobo-or-to-psu.169511/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi all,

I'm looking for a case for a new gaming rig I'm building, which would also be used for other computer work such as video editing. The CPU will be the Intel 2400K. The case I've been reading great reviews about is the Coolermaster HAF X. I especially like it for its side window, features, quiet fans (according to reviews) and capacity (eg for long graphic cards, big coolers, etc). But this case was released around a year ago so I'm wondering if this is has sufficient airflow for an overclocked 2600K. The reviews I read all say it has excellent cooling but that would have been tested using the CPU's and components available at that time which probably run at different temperatures as today's components. What tower cases are other people on this forum using for their 2600K setups? Or are there any newer cases I should be looking at?

Thanks.

A:What case for Intel 2600K rig?

What other components you got in there? What's your budget?

The HAF X is an excellent case but there are plenty of other options as well. The HAF 932 is no slouch either at about $30 cheaper. You could even do with a good mid tower chassis like the Antec 900, CM 690 II, Thermaltake V9, etc.

Other than just room, airflow and cooling cases are also about aesthetic appeal. Take a look at some cases on newegg.com and find one that best suits your taste.

Note: There are some excellent case reviews here at Techspot. Don't forget to checkout those articles before you make your choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-case-for-intel-2600k-rig.169270/
Relevancy 28.38%

Okay so I have a dell xps 420, don't really want to replace much besides my gfx card, bump up from 4gbs to 8gbs of ram and obviously up my psu wattage to handle to upgrades. I don't want to replace my quad core q6600 cpu yet but I do want to overclock to about 3.0ghz. Obviously you can't overclock the cpu, or any part for that matter, in dells without physically altering the chip because of the bios limitations. My question is, when I transfer these parts into a new case with a new mobo, will I then be able to overclock the cpu?

A:Overclocking Dell parts in new case?

Putting the computer in a new case will not make a difference, but changing the motherboard will let you overclock. Before you do any overclocking, make sure you have a decent CPU cooler. The stock one probably will not be able to handle much of an overclock.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-dell-parts-in-new-case.169080/
Relevancy 27.52%

So i decided to build a new computer and i got everything connected, hit the power button and the computer wont power up. I have made sure all the power cables are connected well but nothing.

using a intel dp55wg mobo
intel i5 processor
coolermaster gx-750w power supply
xion axp 100 series case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/light-on-motherboard-and-front-panel-of-case-but-doesnt-turn-on.168774/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello,

Easy question Can anyone recommend a case that is similar to the BitFenix Survivor?

I need a small ish case, preferably with a handle (and that will support ATX)...

I don't think there is a more suitable one to be honest!

Regards,

Alex.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-similar-to-the-bitfenix-survivor.168692/
Relevancy 28.38%

I've been looking for a new case and want USB 3.0 I've come to the realization it is much cheaper to buy a USB 2.0 case and add a PCI-E adapter to give USB 3 ports. Is there any down side to doing that? For example would the USB 3 ports run slower since there connected through PCI-E?

A:Adding USB 3.0 to a case that doesn't have one

I'm no expert on this, but AFAIK the PCIe interface should be fast enough. If you read about PCIe specifications on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express) the speed is much higher than the 5Gbps USB3 can reach (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB#USB_3.0).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-usb-3-0-to-a-case-that-doesnt-have-one.167727/
Relevancy 40.85%

Now another question comes up regarding modifying the cooling of my case/ computer etc.

I was wanting to carve two 3 1/2" holes in the top of my case, for two 12cm fans. Now I know fully how to do this, however, I was wondering which direction the air flow should go. Should the fans blow into my case? (Like I suspect) Or should I have them blow out?

The orange highlights are the fans I wish to add. Which direction should I have the air flow setup?

A:Case airflow question before modifying case

I would have them sucking air out. Hot air rises, and the side panel fan will hit the VGA's mb, etc and spread out, also they are right next to the PSU. You wont have any really big difference either in or out , but I would have those two pulling the hot air that manages to make it to the top of the case out. and negative pressure tend to run a bit cooler overall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-airflow-question-before-modifying-case.168012/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, this is my first attempt at addressing this issue, it seems that whenever my GPU is under load (its a Nvidia geforce gt 220 btw) it shoots up past 90 C. im rather sure its not bad airflow since all other parts of my system are running cool, including my cores (quad core) which are at maybe 45C under load.

im not sure what is causing this problem but i have to decide between purchasing extra cooling, or a new card. I was hoping someone could help me with the decision.

Thanks, Brandon

A:Graphics card overheating, ambient case temp: 40C?

also ambient room temp is at 25C

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-overheating-ambient-case-temp-40c.167008/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi guys, I have just changed my desktop pc case to a opera media case, everything seems to run well accept, my DVD writer, when I check my computer it now shows the DVD writer as a cd, where it used to show it has a DVD writer with it's samsung name, and now it won't recognise my dvd's, also my second he'd is not showing in my list of drives, but on start up it's listed as the SATA 2 drive ?, anyone can help please, thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-media-pc-case-problems.166464/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking at this case for my new build. It seems like a nice cheap case for my build, but I'm worried about its size. I'm getting a GTX 570 which is 10.5 inches long and I've read a couple of reviews about people having trouble fitting shorter cards in there, but some reviews said that largers ones like the 570/580 could fit.

I'm just wondering if anyone had this case and could give me some insight on this. Currently this is the only thing stopping me from deciding on this case.

I was also looking at the Cooler Master HAF 922 which plenty of reviews say anything can fit in there, but its costs twice as much.

Thank you

A:Rosewill Challenger case size uncertainty

This case:
Antec 300
would serve you better. it is much sturdier than that Rosewill and ANY video card(s) will fit. I use this case so I know what I'm talking about. The price is great for the quality of this Antec!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rosewill-challenger-case-size-uncertainty.166143/
Relevancy 27.95%

hello, all

I'm looking at a build based around the core i5 2500k. Usage is for general computing with light gaming (Starcraft 2). the the i5 2500k is probably overkill for that, but i also enjoy having a really good computer for no real reason! (this build is for personal fun as well)

goals:
overclocked 2500k
quiet pc, stylish look that won't scare off my gf

Question:
what is a good cooler that will sustain the 2500k @ around 4.4GHz? I've looked at the H70, but will something like the H50 (with one less fan) suffice? Or what if I change the fans on either of these coolers?

Im looking at the antec p183. does anyone have experience with how quiet this case is?

I appreciate your help. The overall budget is $1000 CAD before tax (which is 13%)

A:i5 2500k overclock, quiet cooler and case?

I'm running an i7 2600K at 4.6GHz with the H50 cooler. Have two Akasa viper fans on the radiator, but to be honest the default single fan that comes with it isn't too poor. Given that stress testing on the i7 version has to deal with 8 threads the i5 with only 4 should probably be fine with the H50 and default fan for running at 4.4GHz. Only thing is that I got mines with the hope of pushing the overclock a bit higher but find I'm up at 70C with extreme stress testing at 4.6 so mostly it's just a quieter solution to most air only coolers, if you want more headroom in the future I'd probably spend the little extra and grab the H70, or a proper non sealed loop water cooling setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i5-2500k-overclock-quiet-cooler-and-case.163083/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a Toshiba 1.5TB External HD, I could not find a power supply for it soI did the next best thing and transferred it into a Samsung 3G case. I can get into the drive, the Properties show that -500gigs is utilised, but I cannot see any files. How do I access the drive and be able to see my files?

Has anyone had this problem, and know how to solve it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-case-change-and-cannot-see-my-files.162215/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a computer case and it has this pretty blue lite fan in the front but the down side is as of recently it makes a lot of noise. A ton on boot up and then it calms to about half the noise but none the less still loud. I'm looking to buy a replacement, hopefully one that is silent, problem is that I don't know the first thing about PC case fans, how to replace them, how to tell which is a good replacement. I also don't know what kind of case I have so I can't look it up and just figure out the fan size that way.

Help would be appreciated.

A:Looking to replace noisy case fan

Fans are really a 'you get what you pay for ' proposition. The key is in the bearing type. sleeve,rifle,ball FDB (fluid dynamic bearing) HDB, etc. generally if you wnt quiet, choose one that is not a 'hyper fan' in that it moves a massive amount of air, or one that comes with a controller so you can adjust the speed a 120 mm fan for example will typically move arounfd 45-60 CFM. For longer life stay away from 'sleeve' bearings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-replace-noisy-case-fan.162036/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,

I have a Dell Latitude D620. I opened the case in order to clean the fan and change heat sink compound. Now, after turning laptop on, it shows the light for a couple of seconds and then turns itself off. CPU or fan don't even start running. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Did I disconnect something by mistake? Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop won't boot after opening the case

Re-trace your steps there is something you have missed. Otherwise clear the CMOS or remove the backup battery for 30 seconds. DELL has some sort of fail safe on their hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-boot-after-opening-the-case.161960/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have been thinking about this for awhile. When everyone around here builds or upgrades their desktop, do you ever get a new case?

A:[Poll] How often do you replace your computer's case?

I've bought seven cases in the last seven years. Only two were specifically mine. The others were for family. So that's 3-4 years.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poll-how-often-do-you-replace-your-computers-case.161793/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am looking for a new case and PSU for my current computer and my next computer after I upgrade -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current System Spec -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Q GHZ GIGABYTE EP -DS R GB PC case and a PSU computer Looking replacement for mhz x gb x gb Nvidia GTX mb Asus Xonar DX soundcard Windows x Jeantech W PSU Operating system is on TB drive two TB data Looking for a replacement PSU and computer case drives one GB drive all sata drives -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I will be replacing the budget case I currently use and the quot Jeantech W PSU quot After a lot of research the best candidates in my opinion Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case Corsair W HX modular PSU My concerns are whether these will be suitable for use after I upgrade I will be investing on my next CPU motherboard RAM GPU and will be upgrading to whatever offers the best price performance I could upgrade now but have been advised to wait for the next generation of hardware to hit which should spawn some bargains on the current top hardware Considering my budget I do not want to overlook a quality case and PSU The Coolermaster CM II Advanced offers versatility with modular drive bays and the like I don t know whether W will be enough though To note I don t think I ll run a multi-GPU setup it just seems like a major headache I am more likely to buy a dual core GPU if it is worth it Case fans are something I have always overlooked in the past I have read some things about where to position fans in a case for optimal airflow Now I need to figure out which fans I should get To quote from the specification Air cooling support for up to fans with support for up to x mm fans x Case Fans are included - Front mm Blue LED Fan Top mm Fan and rear mm Fan Will I need anything else Are there better options I can replace these with Thank you very much for any suggestions nbsp

A:Looking for a replacement PSU and computer case

Excellent picks. Both of them should do fine for all your future upgrades.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-replacement-psu-and-computer-case.161649/
Relevancy 27.52%

Sorry i have googled this and cant find an answer any insight would be appreciated.

A:Will Corsair H70 work in Silverstone Raven 2 Evolution (RV02-E) case?

I wouldn't see a problem.
What you will need to do is (obviously) orientate the fans to exhaust out the top of the case rather than the Corsair preferred method of using the fans as intake (for a conventionally orientated mobo)- you can't fight convection and the natural chassis airflow. One point you may need to take into account is the heat coming off the back of the graphics card being drawn into the radiator airflow stream -not a big deal with the HD 4850 you have listed in your specs, but if you decide on a more "thermally challenged" card it might necessitate higher flow fans.
Unless you're planning on locating the second fan on the outside (top) of the chassis- which may need some quick measurements to make sure you have adequate space for cable routing from the boards I/O panel- I really wouldn't see a problem.

EDIT:
Here's a H70 + RV02 setup at [H].The Evolution is basically the same chassis- the only real design differences are one fewer PCI expansion slot and the redesigned hdd cages

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-corsair-h70-work-in-silverstone-raven-2-evolution-rv02-e-case.159718/
Relevancy 28.81%

I want to run a computer out of a plastic bin. If I lay the MoBo and powersupply on the bottom, then duct tape all of the peripherals to the side... will it run? Would it do better out of a cardboard box?

A:No computer case?

It should work. Depending on the type of plastic you may have static electricity so be careful. It would probably run equally as well in a cardboard box. Honestly though, why not just buy an inexpensive case? Even the cheapest case would be better than a plastic bin or a cardboard box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-computer-case.160834/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey, long story short, I need to do some upgrades. Right now the biggest problem I have is that I have a slimmer case that pretty much won't hold anything. So I'm looking for a bigger case so I can do the upgrades I need to do now and whatever I'll need to do in the future. Second biggest problem, tracking down the Inspiron 530/531 case is proving problematic at best. So my question is: Are there any other cases I can easily transfer everything into? Thanks so much in advance.

A:I need a new case for my Inspiron 530s

You can use pretty much any mid-tower case or bigger, but you have two options:

1. You go for a mid-tower or bigger case, and also order a new cooling fan at the same time. Your CPU cooler will be screwed into the backpane of the motherboard tray and will therefore not work in another "normal" case. You will also have to remove the 8 rubber protectors from each side of the 4 CPU cooler mounting holes as well, because aftermarket coolers won't fit otherwise.

2. You purchase a bigger Dell supplied case, and just fit the stuff into it, and then remount the CPU cooler supplied with the original case. You can also use Dell Vostro 420 cases, as they're essentially the same build, just Inspirion is personal use, Vostro business.

I did option 1, and messed up the motherboard, and ended up having to purchase a new motherboard. I'm glad I did though, because I now have a overclocked PC, and its much better than it was before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-new-case-for-my-inspiron-530s.160590/
Relevancy 27.95%

I'm wanting to build a new case ,but i got no idea where to get on /off switch and reset switch.All the ones i have seen are 2 piece switches ,I'm looking for a rocker type switch that all i have to do is add the wires. If anyone knows where i can get some online plz let me know. Thx alot

A:Power switches for my custom wood case?

Switches are made to fit the tower facia panel and when you buy a new case the switches come with it. I did a bit of searching but other than buying in bulk there does not seem to be any available. You may have to visit a good computer store and ask if they can supply you with just a switch. A more intensive search on the internet may well find something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-switches-for-my-custom-wood-case.160407/
Relevancy 28.81%

i recently decided to use a case that i had redone. i took the components out of an old working system just to use the new case. i added a new ps. when i went to boot nothing happened. none of the board fans spun or anything. the hd was spinning and the fans connected to ps worked but nothing from mobo. i was stumped so i gave a friend the case and a new mobo and i checked that it worked before i gave it to him by setting it outside of case on cardboard and putting power to it. but when he put the mobo in case he had nothing. any suggestions? could it be grounding out and giving me a dead mobo?

A:Motherboard or case?

Are you using the spacers that come with the case when you fit the mobo? Seems like there's a short somewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-or-case.159955/
Relevancy 28.38%

I don't think the default fans in the Corsair 600T case I have push that much air. So I've been trying to find sites in uk that sell 200mm fans. And been trying to find information about which ones do a decent CFM at a reasonable noise level but both info and retailers seem quite scarce.

A:200mm case fans? Any recommendations?

How about some of these for you:

65 To 166 CFM : 180 To 220 Mil Fans.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/200mm-case-fans-any-recommendations.159946/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have orderd a new evga Superclocked GTX570 and was wondering if anyone can tell me if my Antec 900 case will accomodate the card? I have a GTX275 mounted in my Antec at the moment with little space to spare.

A:Case space

The reference versions of each card is 10.5" so it should be the same.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-space.159506/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have had a nice little case sitting around (coolermaster elite series) and wanted to use it but I ran into a little problem. The video card that I am using (XFX 5830) has a problem with the back slots where the dvi, hdmi connections come out. The problem is that the slots are not wide enough for the little air intake grill of the card and then the hdmi and display port are a little too far up. I don't know how to explain it any better. Does anyone know what I can do to this? I can get a new case no problem but would like to use this case. Thanks.

A:Needing a case or mod of mine

Hmm..I know what you're saying here. My video card has the first monitor socket cut off by my case (It's too far up like yours). Luckly though, i've got another monitor socket to use.

I've never seen anything that can help with this problem, mainly because it's the chassis of the case that's the problem. Other than physically trying to cut the slot itself in some way, i'm not too sure.

If somebody else has any possible solutions, i'de like to know myself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/needing-a-case-or-mod-of-mine.159121/
Relevancy 28.81%

Building a light duty HTPC. The HEC case has a front 80mm fan that is, I am sure, the cheapest available. In shopping a popular computer component site, when I have reduced choices to 80mm, I am presented with other options:

Bearing Type

1 Ball, 1 Sleeve (2)
2 Ball (15)
Ball(12)
Enter100007998 600035580 600035616 (2)
Ever Lubricate(10)
Fluid Dynamic(12)

RPM

Variable (23)
<1600 RPM(8)
1600-1999 RPM(19)
2000-2499RPM(31)
2500-2999 RPM(29)
3000-3499 RPM(6)
Etc.

As none of the fans are exceedingly $$, and I only need one, what should I look for?

A:Case fan questions

If it's just an opinion you're looking for..1600-1999 RPM is sort of a normal fan speed for light duty, and "Ball" fans are the Normal sort of choice (for me anyway)..Thats probably the area i'de go.

But you're saying there all cheap enough anyway, so maybe i'de go out on a limb and try a "Fluid Dynamic" 1600-1999 or 2000-2499 RPM fan, because i've never tryed one personally.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-fan-questions.158500/
Relevancy 28.38%

I just finished building my brother-in-law his first gaming rig using this excellent case. Everything powers on with the exception of the huge side case fan. One of the molex pins was slightly bent but not anywhere close to breaking so it didn't take much to connect to the power cable.

Anyone have issues with this fan before? Advice? I will be testing it with a multimeter. Thanks.

A:HAF 932 side case fan not working

All of the fans worked right out of the box on my HAF 932. If you need a replacement contact CoolerMaster from here CoolerMaster's Contact Us Page

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/haf-932-side-case-fan-not-working.158365/
Relevancy 28.38%

Can someone explain to me what the dimensions for a computer case mean? Take this for example

Azza Orion 201 BLACK/SILVER ATX Mid Tower Case 4X5.25 2X3.5 5X3.5INT 120MM LED Fans Window No PSU

So ATX means the design of the motherboard right?

Mid Tower gives a general category for the size of the case

What does 4X5.25 2X3.5 5X3.5INT mean? How is there 3 pairs instead of X x Y x Z

What does the 120MM mean?

A:Understanding specs on a case

What does 4X5.25 2X3.5 5X3.5INT mean? How is there 3 pairs instead of X x Y x ZClick to expand...

That's four 5.25 slots, two 3.5, and five 3.5 INT...those are not dimensions.

What does the 120MM mean?Click to expand...

120 millimeters.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/understanding-specs-on-a-case.158185/
Relevancy 27.95%

Will HIS Radeon 5770 1G on Abit IS7G mainboard fit in Lian Li A05N mini ATX case? My old 450W power supply enough? Application: video streaming, stock charts, web surf, email. Thanks for info.

A:Radeon 5770 in Lian Li mini ATX case?

Without knowing the technical specs of the power supply, it would be hard to say if will be sufficient but possibly. If those are examples of applications you are planning to run and no gaming, then the 5770 is overkill. You can get by with a much smaller card, then

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-5770-in-lian-li-mini-atx-case.156908/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello all I recently picked up a Gateway E which has the slim case I know its old but it was free I did purchase a new HDD for it as well as a DVD-burner Other than that it already had GB of memory and a slim MicroATX Gateway solutions for a Cooling Series - case E GHz M Pentium processor I would really like to use it but it is VERY loud I don t see how someone could work with Cooling solutions for a MicroATX slim case - Gateway E Series it on their desk annoys the Cooling solutions for a MicroATX slim case - Gateway E Series heck out of me I removed the heat sink cleaned off the old grease and blew out all the dust Cooling solutions for a MicroATX slim case - Gateway E Series and reinstalled with new grease This seemed to help a little but not very much At idle the processor temp hovers around C is that normal for this processor The fan speed depends on the case temperature or processor temp so when it gets warm the fan is really turning up to rpm I saw Its not really the fan itself that is making noise but its the air flowing through the case fan that makes it sound like a jet engine Are there any suggestions I really don t want to put any more money into it but I was thinking about just getting a different case This would require me to buy a new PSU and heatsink fan also Having the slim case is not a big deal to me Thanks nbsp

A:Cooling solutions for a MicroATX slim case - Gateway E Series

No, 60C at idle isn't normal. You were on the right track with changing the case. Most of my CPUs run in the neighborhood of 35 to 40C at idle. (The exception is my Prescott P-4 in an Emachines T-5026, which ATM, is 53C under light load). I haven't seen 60c since the last 100 degree day in my non air conditioned house

I'm curious about the CPU, you've included everything except the actual part number.

You should also investigate to verify that your motherboard is an actual mATX form factor, so that it would mount correctly in a standard case.

One quick question, were the temps that high before you remounted the HSF?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-solutions-for-a-microatx-slim-case-gateway-e-series.156770/
Relevancy 27.95%

I currently have this (and don't want them to collect any dust:
Asus Motherboard
Quad Processor
DDR Memory

Plus a couple hard drives, but absolutely nothing else. Since this is new to me, I'm asking:

1 - Is there a way the more experienced users would suggest going about a new case and how to know the appropriate power supply to buy.

2 - I bought the MB used from newegg.com, and it didn't come with any wires/connectors. Can you tell me what I'd need to fully be ready when I have all the components?

Thanks!

A:New build case & power supply recommendations

I havnt done this in a while but here it goes.....

If you dont have the propor heatsink/fan combo you will need one of those for your processor.

For your needs just get a quality 500w PSU by Antec, Silverstone, Thermaltake ect ect. No $20 bargain buys. If you plan on putting in some super fancy graphics card, take the minumum requirments for that card off the box and add 100 watts.

Wires you will need are just your SATA cables.

The PSU should come with all you need to connect it to your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-case-power-supply-recommendations.156270/
Relevancy 28.38%

So I decided to swap my computer's case for a another tonight. I believe everything is hooked up properly, all of the fans are running, lights are on, disk drive opens etc. But, my monitor fails to recognize that it is attached to a computer. I tried switching to another monitor and my TV with no avail. I figured it was most likely an issue with my graphics card so I switched over to the on-board adapter instead but had no luck there either.

I'm using the same power supply from my other case, a brand new 450W PSU. Everything ran completely fine before the switch.

I'm totally stumped as to why my computer won't give off any video feed, anyone have any ideas?

A:No display after switching to a new case

Although some cases do not require motherboard standoffs because they are built-in, are they required in the new case and if so, did you install them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-after-switching-to-a-new-case.154874/
Relevancy 28.81%

Just wondering: Is it possible to build a working system without a case?

A:System without case?

Certainly, but you'd need to make sure the surface is static-free and non-conductive first. I usually test my systems out-of-box to make sure everything works, before I put it all in the case, especially if there's a watercooling setup involved, so I don't see why it shouldn't be possible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-without-case.152962/
Relevancy 28.38%

Ok so I have an idea for a case mod but I am unsure of how safe parts case Chroming it is Here s what I want to do I plan on chroming the inside of my Cosmos S so that it has a very hard and bright mirror polish to it The problem I am Chroming case parts thinking about is that Chroming case parts every different metal has a particular galvanic isotope that when it comes in contact with a dissimilar metal can cause those metals to corrode My knowledge of this subject is very rudimentary though I know that some metals are considered quot galvanic neighbors quot though I m no metalurgist and wanted to know if there were any true chemistry geeks here that could tell me if a chrome case could negatively react with any of the metals found on a motherboard copper lead silver gold and whatever else there may be mb standoffs brass nickel etc or if it would be safe to attempt nbsp

A:Chroming case parts

That would be probably the neatest looking interior of a case ever, however i have to ask, if you decided to do the reduction- oxidation, do you have access to what would be a small vat of acidified dichromate solution? cause if you do, i am going to send you my HAF 932 to electroplate ....cuz...I want one! :grinthumb

BTW, I will bet you that is SNGX see's this, he will be able to explain it in great detail for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chroming-case-parts.153994/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all....
Was wondering if anyone knew what i need to connect an additional fan to my case? I don't have a problem fitting it to the case, but it doesn't appear to have a free connection to be plugged into. The fans on the front and the rear of the case seem to be using these. Are there any cables i can get which would help?

A:Case fan connections

There are adapters available to enable you to convert a three pin fan connector to a 4 pin molex connector directly from the power supply. There are also splitters available to let you connect more than one fan to a motherboard fan power connector.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-fan-connections.153615/
Relevancy 28.38%

Ok I figured this d be the best place to ask the side fan on my new TT Spedo Advance refuses to spin It doesn t use a normal Molex connector but rather it uses a pair of contacts on the side door and on the inside of the case to switch on the fan and I can t seem to find a way to get my with Some new minor possibly case problems them to meet while the case is closed Also another thing how do I mount the PSU in my case I have it mounted fan-upwards but I m not sure if that s how it s supposed to be mounted and I m worried that if I mount it Some possibly minor problems with my new case fan-downwards there re gonna be problems because I have the case on the floor and it s raised a little off the floor only because of the legs on it I don t wanna block airflow to the PSU and kill it Any and all help will be appreciated nbsp

A:Some possibly minor problems with my new case

For the PSU, fan up is fine. Just keep wires away from it.

For the other issue, maybe try: http://forum.thermaltake.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-possibly-minor-problems-with-my-new-case.153526/
Relevancy 28.38%

PICS IN PAGE Okay I have decided that my next computer is going to be a mini-ITX Ever since PC makers decided to embed a LAN card and sound card onto a motherboard and put in a graphics card slot into a wee lil motherboard I don t really need anything bigger Anyway I set out looking to BUY a computer case a Building mini-ITX case but kinda came up short They are really REALLY small Most of them don t even use ATX spec components Slim optical drives slim heatsinks flex-ATX PSU So I decided to build my own mini-ITX case Gonna be an Aluminum frame and aluminum fibreglass cover and front Fibreglass because its much easier to work with IMO and doesn t cost a Building a computer case bomb like carbon fibre My list of spec Fit a mini-ITX board Fit a full tower size CPU cooler For overclocking and quiet operation which is why I started the Venomous X thread Fit full ATX sized PSU I ve set the length of this PSU to cm which is the length of my current W Antec PSU Fit my current graphics card GTX From my proposed layout and calculations I should be able to fit something a few cms longer Fit x quot HDDs Fit x quot Optical drive Fit a mm exhaust fan or bigger I did some calculations designed a layout by researching what works and what doesn t and came up with this sized box excluding the front bezel x x mm That seems to be the smallest I can make it to fit everything in It is bigger than any mini-ITX box out there that I could find but I m basically getting an ATX box with a mini-ITX mobo And it will still be much smaller than mATX boxes out there For comparison Lian Li has a PC-Q case mm x mm x mm which doesn t have space for a massive heatsink no space for dual slot graphics card only x quot HDD and the overclockers nightmare no exhaust fans In fact no case fans at all And another comparison case would be the Lian Li PC-V which is a mATX case measuring a whopping x x mm And even then I have doubts about that massive heatsink I ve started the planning stage by building cardboard replicas of every internal component in the PC and seeing if it will fit with enough margin for assembly space as well as holding structure itself And I ll also be building a box to those dimensions and seeing if everything will fit as planned Thank god most stuff in the computer are box-shaped Anyways since I have other things to do around the house as well as given the number of items I m gonna take a few days to put this together Now I would like some feedback about this little project of mine Assuming I ve figured out how to put it together does anyone foresee any issues with the size I can see huge glaring issue here I m hoping someone will be able to point that out And at the same time point out some other issues I haven t seen Or maybe have I missed out some important component nbsp

A:Building a computer case

I do not see any issues in size. In fact, I have seen a shuttle system with a Core i7, 3 HDD's, and an HD5970 in it:
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af75/uniquepower/IMG_3256-1.jpg

If you are building an aluminum frame, I recommend using right angle pieces. They are very easy to work with, and very strong and light when you are done. Also, remember when you are making the cardboard replicas to leave space for the cables. In a cramped environment, they take up a lot more space than you might think.

Here is the worklog for an ITX HTPC I am building right now. It does not meet your specifications, but it does use a full ATX PSU, and it might be helpful for ideas, and for working with the aluminum.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?p=274546

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-case.142471/
Relevancy 27.52%

First of all let me apologize I m new to internet forums and new to PC building That being said I have recently decided to build myself a computer that I can use to comfortably questions, please rig, newb educate Gaming mobo, CPU a case play video games and this has required me working very hard to understand all the different components and what my best options are I was hoping to get some input and I could definitely use some suggestions for parts that I can know are compatible with each other As I m such a newbie I know that I need a lot of questions answered that I don t even know to ask so maybe I can start with posting a system Gaming rig, case mobo, CPU questions, educate a newb please build I ve cooked up and asking some specific questions about certain choices such as which CPU would you all recommend I hope this is a good way to go Here s what I ve got keeping in mind I have in no way become knowledgeable enough to go out and start buying these parts Also I m interested in overclocking so in terms of the case and the PSU I would like to leave some overhead as well as buying a CPU and GPU that could let me do this at a later time Sorry this will be a lot of questions any help is greatly appreciated GPU GTX in SLI mode is the one thing I m fairly set on Two of these cards seem to be a good option Question Does quot superclocked quot mean it is already OC d for me EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTX Fermi Superclocked EE GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card CPU If I want performance but will not plan on overclocking just yet how should I decide between these processors AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT ZFBGRBOX vs Intel Core i - Bloomfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX vs Any other suggestions Also how can I know whether the Phenom II is better It has a higher clock speed and more cores So to me it definitely looks like a better choice And yet the same price for both makes me think I don t know enough to see what s missing with the Phenom Why is it not as good as the i And doesn t the quot LGA quot vs quot Socket AM quot affect what Mobo and RAM I get Case Thermaltake Armor A Black Steel Plastic Gaming ATX Mid-Tower Computer Case VL W U w W W RU Modular Power Supply Will this case and power supply be enough I ve struggled with understanding how I can know whether the case will have enough room for SLI GTX s and the CPU plus maybe aftermarket coolers in the future Or will this case be cool enough without new fans or maybe with new fans whichever is best recommended Here below is another options I ve looked at but only because it seems to have a lot of fans and a full tower should hold my GTX s right Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case So after I have a CPU GPU and a case I should probably have already decided on a motherboard right But I m not sure how Please advise What order should I decide the parts Should I wait to pick a case until the end Also I assume that I can decide on RAM last since it is affected by the CPU and mobo but it doesn t determine any other choices The thing that most concerns me is picking out a motherboard that works with the SLI graphics cards and the CPU I pick but not getting a case that will let it all fit and run smoothly How do people know these things without buying first I m sure most of these questions might be very elementary and I m sure I have a lot more but this seems like a start Thanks for any input nbsp

A:Gaming rig, case mobo, CPU questions, educate a newb please

Hi disczeiger,
The 1055T and the 1095T are the same CPU, just clocked differently with the exception being that it has an unlocked multiplier. If you go that route, you can save yourself $100.00 and OC it yourself. I run my 1055T @ 4.17Ghz (the 1095T) OC's to the same frequency and you can see in this review is only second to the 980X (Intels 6 core) at stock speed. As far as a gaming rig, you will not notice much of a gaming performance difference except with BC2 which will use as many cores as you have at your disposal. However hopefully this will be the trend in the near future.
Here are some benchmarks of those and other CPU's.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-crosshair-iv-formula-review/1

GPU
GTX 460 in SLI mode is the one thing I'm fairly set on. Two of these cards seem to be a good option. Question: Does "superclocked" mean it is already OC'd for me?Click to expand...

It is OC'ed yes, however they are usually rather mild OC's from the factory, and you can do your own OC'ing as well. I would not pay for OC'ing and just OC them yourself (my 2 cents worth).

First you need to decide if you are going with AMD or Intel. Then look for a MB that has the features and Chipset you want and supports the CPU you choose. IMO Asus and Gigabyte are the best options. Great build quality and as you expressed an interest in OC'ing, they are the best OC'ing boards out there. I recommend a P55 (Intel) or a FX 890/850 (AMD) for chipsets.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-rig-case-mobo-cpu-questions-educate-a-newb-please.152430/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have ordered all my components except for the case. I was thinking of ordering either of these:

http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/classic_series/alpha
http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/classic_series/m59

My maximum budget is around 50.

Requirements:

- Good/sleek looking
- Has to accomodate ATX motherboard and an nVidia GeForce GTX 460
- Around or under budget

Please give your comments and recommendations

A:Please recommend a case!

I like the M59 one

Have you taken a look at other alternatives like Antec / Cooler Master etc.?

COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Antec DF-35 Black Computer Case

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-recommend-a-case.150990/
Relevancy 27.95%

I know there are so many threads about this but I need quick answers!

1. I have two big 120 mm fans on the rear of my computer blowing air out of my computer (does that mean those are INTAKE or EXHAUST?), outside of the CPU and GPU fans that's all the fans I have

2. I am adding THREE fans, one on top, one on the bottom, and an expansion slot video card cooling fan. Since the two rear fans are blowing OUT, how should I set the top and bottom fans?

3. My video card is at the top of the expansion slots, how close to my GPU should I install the video card cooling fan?

Thanks!

A:Adding case fans noob questions

There are different theories regarding positive or negative case pressure.
My way of thinking is to have a negative pressure in the case so that the cool air will be drawn into the case (the cool air will actually be trying to get in there because of the very slight difference in pressure) and the hot air expelled better.
Positive pressure imo, will cause the warm air inside to possibly mill around inside the case before being evacuated.
So, the two fans on the back of your case are exhausting air, creating that negative pressure. I would put the one on the top as an exhaust also, as hot air tends to rise. I would then, if possible, put the other fan at the front of the case as an intake, so that the cooler air is drawn across the motherboard.
You can also have the one on the bottom as an intake too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-case-fans-noob-questions.151576/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello guys, So my birthday is in 3 months. If you did not know, I am having problems with my case and graphic card. Ex: Overheating/Crashing from it. So yea, I am intrested in getting a new graphic card and case. So if you do not mind, Please post a link to a grpahic card with a case, Or just 1. But here is what I am planning on doing with the comp for you info.

Hardcore Gaming- Things that can run BFBC,Crysis,Cod, High-End Games. So I just want something that can play most of the new and future games at high or so.

Case- Try to make it have fans so I do not have airflow/overheating problems again.

Price- Try to make the price under 300.

EDIT: If you know any good cases that are used for watercooling, Or a case that is see-though so I can install neon, Please List.

A:New graphic card/case, need recommendations

Under 300 what? Dollars, Lire, Taka ?
Making some basic assumptions (you want a mid/full tower chassis for an ATX, running at an average resolution 1680x1050) here's some chassis:
Mid tower
Cooler Master HAF 922 ($99 inc shipping)
Cooler Master Storm Sniper ($133 inc shipping)
Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 ($103 inc shipping)
Antec P183 ($160 inc shipping)
SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02-BW ($160 inc shipping)
SILVERSTONE Fortress Series FT02B-W ($245 inc shipping)
Full tower
Cooler Master HAF 932 ($130 inc shipping)
COOLER MASTER HAF X ($200 inc shipping)
COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 ($170 inc shipping)
LIAN LI PC-A70F ($180 inc shipping)

As for graphics cards, I'd leave it for the time being. In three months the graphics landscape is going to look a whole lot different to how it appears now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphic-card-case-need-recommendations.151269/
Relevancy 28.81%

Recently I installed a cpu cooling fan and it works great. The problem is my new case fan wont spin. I turn on the comp and the cpu cooling fan works but the case fan wont spin. no wires are in the way and everything is connected. I need help. Anyone have any advice?

A:Case fan is not spinning

The fan may have failed. If so, I would just replace it. They are relatively inexpensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-fan-is-not-spinning.150998/
Relevancy 27.95%

will any version of the ati 5870 fit in my coolermaster scout case without any modification to the case itself, e.g cutting up the hard drive bay. I have measured a space of 27.8cm but that might be inaccurate so i need to make sure. this asus edition is apparently 10.5 inches which would fit.
(can anyone confirm this?)

thanks

A:ATI 5870 fit in a Cooler Master Scout case?

Hi Alster,
I do not think it will. The scout (storm) has a divider that extends below the HDD cage all the way to the bottom of the case.

opps scratch that, I have 5970 on the brain

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-5870-fit-in-a-cooler-master-scout-case.150934/
Relevancy 28.38%

Five leads out of the startup switch from the case to the motherboard are not connected right. The leads are hdd-led , power led- power led+ power switch
reset switch. Have a ecs nforce 570 slit-a(v5.1) motherboard. No manual, and can't get one. Any suggestions on how to connect these pins in sequence the right way?

A:5 lead wires from the front of the case

Most m/b should have a small print on what the pins correspond to.

You have a rough idea what you should be looking for right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-lead-wires-from-the-front-of-the-case.148359/
Relevancy 27.52%

will the cosair H50 watercooler fit in my coolermaster scout case and work with my gigabyte motherboard?

thanks if you can help

A:Corsair h50 water cooler work with scout case?

should work just fine...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-h50-water-cooler-work-with-scout-case.146869/
Relevancy 28.38%

I recently rebuilt my computer using a Cooler Master HAF- full tower case and I m looking to minimize the dust intake The case has a mm fan on the side panel at least I think it s mm and not really any filtering aside from the honeycomb mesh It s a pretty big area it actually allows for the installation of mm fans so I ve been searching around for some Filtering Options Case type of filter material or fabric I could maybe cut to size and use Case Filtering Options there I wanted to ask if anyone knew of a place where i could order something like that or even a manufacturer i could contact I know the filters you buy for Case Filtering Options fan ports have that cloth-like material and if i could find some of that in bigger sheets that would be perfect Something like ft x ft would probably work i just need something there to reduce the amount of Case Filtering Options dust and other debris collecting on the fan and inside the case nbsp

A:Case Filtering Options

i have the HAF-932 too, its a dust magnet. i have to clean it out every other week

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-filtering-options.145732/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi, I today switched on my PC and the fan was well dead

I tried many things but nothing made it work
turned the speed controller to max,
removed any new hardware to make sure PSU has enough power going to fan,
plugged fan into another pc,
and finally tried manually starting fan by turning it with my hands,

The fan on the side panel is a XCLIO 25cm fan (which measures 220mm x 220mm x 30mm). Some sites say the 25cm one measures 250mm while others say it measures 220mm, mine measures 220mm The closet I could find is a 220m Akasa but with no VR Speed controller cable.

Can anyone please help, I want a 220mm(22cm) Case fan with Speed Control, from a retailer which ships to the UK

A:XClio A380 case fan

Hi, actually my speed controller (one of manual controllers) is not working properly because the wire attached to the knob has come loose so I may solder it together again, and my fan has two cables 1x molex (for power) and 1x 3 pin fan cable that connects to the Speed Controller.

I have seen quite a few fans but I only see ones which have Molex or have the 3 Pin fan cables, how come mine has both? How do the others work if they only have one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xclio-a380-case-fan.145026/
Relevancy 28.38%

Check out my custom modded case . This is my first case mod ever and after having a black box with fans in it for so many years I decided to try something different mix it up and I figured the coolest way to make a pc stand out is to put it inside of a 18'' Alloy wheel!

Specs are i7 920 @ 4 ghz+ (1.231v D0 stepping) , 6 gig 1600 mhz xmp memory 1 x 360mm and 1 x 120mm radiator 4 120mm smart fans. ATI 5770 soon to be crossfire. Raid 0 2 x Samsung f3 spinpoints.

Enjoy! The best way to check it out is the video on you tube! link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7uQgsSYcXg

A:Wheely great case mod! check it out

Pretty cool.

Its just kinda weird that you've got it watercooled. It'd be so much cooler if you can wheel it around

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wheely-great-case-mod-check-it-out.145010/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello, I'm not that good with hardware and i'm experiencing some problems.. I just noticed that my computer's case (i'm not sure if it's called a case, it's the black thingie that you see outside the computer) becomes hot after a while and it gives out really hot air from the back where the psu fan is located.

I've went to my friend's place and checked his computer, which is on most of the day and it never gives out any hot air from the back nor does the case get hot :s

So any suggestions on what i should do? Is this bad or it's just normal?

A:Hot air and case becomes hot

Here's a link for your reading pleasure on 'case' cooling http://www.xoxide.com/computer-cooling.html you need to post a little more info on your 'system specs'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-air-and-case-becomes-hot.143756/