Windows Support Forum

MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software...

Q: MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software...

Greetings y'all I've got a situation over here I have two MS Lifecam HD- USB webcams that I use Lifecam software... party MS 3rd any Hd-3000 + for surveillance MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software... For years I've used a program called Contacam put out by one fellow somewhere over in the UK Contaware com - Video Surveillance and Graphics Software It's a great little program which allows for some pretty granular motion detection which is exactly what I need I'll say a few words about that at the end So this set-up has served me well and even worked with the initial release of Win up to and including the last RTM - build TH On the insider fast ring here and the camera set-up hasn't worked in any build since the last RTM I'm currently on rs Lemme throw a few things out there that I'm already aware of Yeah two USB cams same make model Windows used to have real trouble with this back in Win days and before but ever since device manager was able to differentiate duplicates by appending quot quot to like device names I haven't had much trouble On the software side you just give the two devices different names upon installation such as Security Cam and Security Cam Then we have USB bandwidth Yes again back in USB or days it would cause trouble Ever since USB and and what with motherboards typically offering - hubs it hasn't caused me much trouble In my case each camera is on it's own hub controller with nothing else And I still have a couple extra USB and USB and ports for all my other devices I reckon we can eliminate the quot same make and model quot and quot USB bandwidth quot issues Here's the meat The devices install plug amp play Device manager see's them and differentiates them The silly Win Camera app actually WORKS It's the only thing that does Not only do I get a beautiful picture from the MS camera app it's got a screwy looking transparent icon at the top center of the screen which when you click on it switches to the other camera Beautiful picture there too So both cameras work both drivers work with no conflicts both everything is fine and dandy As long as you use the MS camera app I can't get ANY other software to connect to the cameras I've downloaded iSpy and about others Each and every program including my beloved contacam can SEE both cameras upon installation This is normally a procedure of somehow clicking quot add camera quot and then using a drop-down box or similar UI to select the device manager tag quot MS Lifecam HD- quot But nothing can connect I just get black screens on both cameras for all apps except the silly MS Camera app I'm wondering if its some sort of timing issue So I monkey around with video resolution and FPS settings To no avail the default settings are usually correct anyway but it doesn't seem to matter because we are not getting any video stream to quot adjust quot All the programs are failing at the connect phase I've been trying to run this down for a couple days now I'm pretty tech savvy I'm educating myself on WDM drivers on account I've seen that referenced in many of the rd party programs I've downloaded In that they usually say something like quot Our software supports thousands of USB web cams - anything that uses WDM drivers quot Any thoughts or ideas I can answer questions about my system specs and go fairly deep tech-wise I'm retired now but I once was a PC technician Ha Lastly I have a sort of business hobby which requires the surveillance In case you are interested because it is a bit unusual I'm not watching baby sitters or cats I have animals outside The animals are alligators in a big pond My house sits mostly on land but extends out over the water a bit The house is raised about ' off the ground Here in Southeast Louisiana this is very common We have these things called hurricanes every now and again and when they come you pray ' off the ground is enough I currently have one nesting female just under the house Spring is coming She is laying eggs Alligator eggs I've illuminated the nest and focused one of the web-cams directly on it and her At night snakes skunks racoons possums you name it want to come steal her eggs and eat them My job is to keep that from happening I NEED my surveillance with motion detection sounding an alarm at AM I can stomp on the floor above her nest to scare off the critters Watching all this is great fun Do you have a nesting alligator under your front porch Please help Mr Joey The Heart of the Bayou

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42966-ms-lifecam-hd-3000-any-3rd-party-software.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 75.68%

I installed the VX- using MS's installer for Win months ago Now it will not show my cam in skype When I attempted to uninstall the LifeCam software I get an error Quote Windows Installer The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable Click OK to try again or enter and alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'lifecamx msi' in the box below If you google lifecamx w or w o msi you get nothing I know that in XP or vista I can use software to manual remove something from your system when the uninstaller is corrupted I have no clue how to figure this out I've extracted all the files from the original installation and this one doesn't seem to be in it I've also just attempted to reinstall but it won't as it's 'already installed' and needs to be uninstalled prior to reinstallation The icons have turned to blanks so I know there is an issue Any help to at least remove this would help Edit Well after stopping the services and processes removing LifeCam VX-3000 all the LifeCam VX-3000 Lifecam registry keys deleting the software from the install directory removing the uninstall from the Programs and Features list I was at last able to start a new install However it failed When it failed it directed me to an MS article about the error and the other MS software that can have this issue Once I attempted ALL methods I found that the only course of action was to reload windows all together Basically something was corrupted with original install Even after removing everything there were components of the install that were not named after the Lifecam software nor stored in the same directory's These files were probably write protect or protected in some way and would not allowed to be written over Without a full list of the changes that are made to a win x OS when installing I am unable to completely manually remove it One day I will have to catalog the changes for future reference as this software is BS and I wish I could just install the device without it

A:LifeCam VX-3000

ccleaner is a good tool to use to uninstall programs as well as other things. Once downloaded open and click the tools menus to see your programs then click on the one you want to uninstall. link CCleaner - Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/28186-lifecam-vx-3000-a.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Bought this webcam today from Argos. Tried windows 8 and 7 drivers from microsoft site on my 64 bit Windows 8 (8gb) ram. windows 7 driver installs lifecam programme, but either way, no web cam is detected in either version.

A:LifeCam HD-3000

Does it work if you click on the camera app on the start page?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/28916-lifecam-hd-3000-a.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello everyone i have windows 7 32 bit and i have installed and used my lifecam vx-3000 and loved it but gave it up for a few months and went to start it up and the lifecam default program stops responding. i also used webcammax but that stopped responding also... i have uninstalled the drivers and software and have reinstalled everything and i get nothing in return. also the lifecam default program, when i run it with the webcam unplugged, says no cam plugged into this pc, so it's not the program. plz help

A:Lifecam vx-3000

Test the cam on another PC. That will verify a cam or PC/software issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lifecam-vx-3000.1032033/
Relevancy 75.68%

The beta software Lifecam 2.91 worked on all the build till
7232....anyone have the workaround for this driver?

A:MS Lifecam VX-3000

Quote: Originally Posted by sandeep

Don't worry I'll help out here:

For the Lifecam VX-3000

1. Download, extract and install the Windows 7 Lifecam Drivers from the link

2. Once installation is finished you should have your USB Camera plugged in and that compatibility issue coming up.

3. Cancel everything and go to device manager (Right click computer -> Manage -> Device Manager)

4. You should see under imaging devices your webcam but with a yellow sign on it.

5. Right click it and go to update driver software

6. Click Browse your computer... and then click let me choose... there should be a button saying "Have Disk", Click on this and click on browse...

7. Locate the downloaded and extracted folder and go to:

LifeCam edit\setup\microsoft lifecam\driver64\vx3000

8. There should be a vx3000.inf file there, open this and click ok, you should see the driver listed, click ok and you will be asked if you want to install this driver warning by Windows, click Install Anyway and another compatibility error will come up, ignore this.

9. Check back on device manager if the yellow sign is on the webcam anymore, if not then everything is working fine.

Enjoy your cam.

I hope this quick little step by step will help a lot of you out.

thx my friend sandeep

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/13663-ms-lifecam-vx-3000-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Ok Brand New LifeCam HD- Works on another Win PC but on mine it only works on Skype but not in any other software Doesn't work on Test My Cam Doesn't work on MS Movie Maker Audio shows up but blank for Webcam In Wondershare Video Editor I get quot device initialization error device occupied quot I have removed Skype and all other webcam software This Occupied HD-3000 in Already Lifecam Use is the st webcam I have had on this PC so no old driver conflicts I have uninstalled and re installed drivers I have let windows install its own drivers I have tried a clean boot I have used Resource Hacker to look for Handles and dll's but finds nothing It shows up in device manager in correct sections imaging devices and sound and video I've tried Splitcam Manycams and similar but still not working I've tried Troubleshooting but it finds nothing I've asked on Microsoft and the reg is ok The blue indication light is not flashing so it's not in use HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class BDD FC - F- D -BEC - BE F quot UpperFilterscontainksthunk quot BUT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Control Class BDD FC - F- D -BEC - BE F contains Upperfilters IRENUM So I dunno if this is a problem As they say it's Twisting my Melon - I don't want a format and new install of win USBDeview I don't know why Xbox shows up multiple time I have one wireless device connected which allows me to connect upto pads I notice that the webcam device name is etc and it says Not Connected

A:Lifecam HD-3000 Occupied Already in Use

sounds to me like there is possibly some irq conflicts(interrupt request). Which basically tells what part of windows resources the device should use. I would go into the device manager of the control panel and try checking to make sure the automatic irq box is checked. That should be in the system tab of the control panel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/353475-lifecam-hd-3000-occupied-already-use.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000, incompatible with Windows 7 RC build, and yet it worked fine with build 7000? This is perplexing. Anybody with a solution?

A:Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000

Try going into the system settings and update the driver and be sure to let it search online. Initially there was no updated driver but there is now a new one that it will update and make it work correctly again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/9280-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I Am a very new begginer,I have read the previous thread on the lifecam vx 3000,an I see that it has expired.When I first used it everything seemed to be ok with windows xp up until two weeks ago.Whenever I uninstal and reinstal I get information telling me there is a fault.I cannot get the control panel for the cam it dosen"tsay what the fault is ,Iv"e tried various remedies through Microsoft but to no avail. Is there any help you can offer me . I believe that I"m Windows XP 2003.
thank you
blindpuw.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lifecam-vx-3000.962855/
Relevancy 74.82%

Cannot seem to get audio and video to both work at the same time?
Is there a xp driver out there? and where? Thx

A:LifeCam Vx-3000 Drivers for XP Pro

Hello Mauri,

Here is a link to download the latest software for your device. Just choose your model.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...x?category=ICE

Hope it helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lifecam-vx-3000-drivers-for-xp-pro-315960.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi Everyone,

I know there are several other threads on this topic already but I have a unique problem. I can install LifeCam software fine sometimes but the driver never installs for the camera. The few times I get the LifeCam installed, it always just showed up as no camera connected. When I try to use Device Manager to "Update driver software", no matter what I try, the last screen always say, "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device." Then several lines down it says, " The extended attributes are inconsistent." Has anyone else discovered this problem? I would really appreciate your help! Thanks!

A:Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000

Hello Jbonnecroy,

Are you using the latest Lifecam 3.0 software drivers?

Software Download

If so, then you might see if this may help any.

Microsoft LifeCam Readme and Troubleshooting Information

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/30013-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I just picked up a Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 to go with my new system and cannot seem to get any video to work.

When I plug in the device, Skype recognizes it and directs me to the configuration screen - instead of seeing myself in the video frame, I just see a spinning wheel as if it is try to do something.

I have downloaded the latest driver from MS for this device.

Is there something I am missing, or could this device be DOA?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/29733-skype-ms-lifecam-hd-3000-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance I bought a Microsoft Lifecam VX- quite a while ago So after Installing the product successfully I get a message to connect the webcam The little bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner and what comes up is the following message Found New Hardware A problem occured during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly So after I got that message I did the next logical step Uninstall and Reinstall After going through everything I still Problems. Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 get the error message Next I check and see if there is new software on the Microsoft website for this product Luckily for me there was So I Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems. go ahead and download and install it LifeCam exe but unfortunatley it still doesnt work So i go into Control Panel to add new hardware but that comes up with the error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I also took it to a relatives house to try it on there computer and to my horror it worked perfectly So it must be something to do with my computer Any useful help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I keep seeing my old webcam in drop down lists such as picasa import list yet had deleted it over 2 years ago, I have tried all the conventional methods of searching and deletion but it keeps showing up!
Advice on how to rid myself of this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

A:un-installing microsoft lifecam vx-3000

Maybe I should not post this for fear it will get you into trouble; but, here goes anyway. First off, I have done this little procedure, myself, many times with success; but, this information, misused, can destroy an OS.

The problem with the developer-furnished uninstalls is that they are almost always incomplete so I find myself frequently editing the Windows Registry (in this case, deleting lines) to get rid of annoying remnants like the one you describe.

First, I would create a complete drive image of the partition containing my operating system. Then, I would start Regedit and do a search for every line containing "lifecam" (sans quotes). I would delete every line I found containing that text string and every line I accidentally found as a result of that search that is related to lifecam.

There you have it. If you try this, please do the imaging part first so you don't wind up with just four toes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/un-installing-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000.803033/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance I bought a Microsoft Lifecam VX- quite a while ago So after Installing the product successfully I get a message to connect the webcam The little bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner and what comes up is the following message Found New VX-3000 Problems Microsoft Lifecam Hardware A problem occured during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly So after I got that message I did the next logical step Uninstall and Reinstall After going through everything I still get the error message Next I check and see if Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems there is new software on the Microsoft website for this product Luckily for me there was So I go ahead and download and install it LifeCam exe but unfortunatley it still doesnt work So i go into Control Panel to add new hardware but that comes up with the error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I also took it to a relatives house to try it on there computer and to my horror it worked perfectly So it must be something to do with my computer Any useful help is appreciated nbsp

A:Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems

If no one can help me with my problem, can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can resolve it. (Other than Microsoft Customer Support that is, that's definitely a last resort).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-problems.118681/
Relevancy 73.96%

I loaded the vx-3000...worked fine....next day it says no webcam connected....I uninstalled....went to microsoft and got the updated drivers ...I get this message from device manager "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" can anyone help???? driving me crazy........went back to the store......they tested it with windows 7 and the cam works fine......

A:lifecam vx-3000 problems windows 7

Welcome!

Have you tried rebooting yet? See if you can uninstall the device in Device Manager, reboot, and let Windows install the drivers for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/61065-lifecam-vx-3000-problems-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance I bought a Microsoft Lifecam VX- quite a while ago So after Installing the product successfully I get a message to connect the webcam The little bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner and what comes up is the following message Found New Hardware A problem occured during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly So after I got that message I did the next logical step Uninstall and Reinstall After going through everything I still get the error message Next I check and see if there is new software on the Microsoft website for this product Luckily for me there was So I go ahead and download and install it LifeCam exe but unfortunatley it still doesnt work So i go into Control Panel to add new hardware but that comes up with the error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I also took Problems Lifecam Microsoft VX-3000 it to a relatives house to try it on there computer and to my horror it worked perfectly So it must be something to do with my computer Any useful help is appreciated nbsp

A:Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems

I have exactly the same problem, followed all the exact same steps and I kept being told to do the same thing all over again (3 times) on another forum. Its not helping, and I need a new suggestion. I don't have the original CD of the software anymore. I have used the camera several times before and It has prior to this month been functioning without any problems.

Any (new) suggestions would be helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-problems.795082/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any success with drivers for the LifeCam VX-3000 specifically, or the LifeCam series in general on the 7600 build of Windows 7. For me, I have not been able to get the 2.91 beta drivers from Microsoft to work. After they install, I get a message that pops up saying they driver has been blocked, blah blah blah, known issues with this version of Windows.

It's not a HUGE deal as I'm sure there will be drivers eventually, but it is something of an annoyance. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

A:LifeCam VX-3000 and build 7600

see MS Lifecam VX-3000 theres a fix for that very model in there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/17221-lifecam-vx-3000-build-7600-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I bought a round of micro$oft lifecam vx-3000's for my family for xmas so we could stay in touch. 3 are working, but one is having a strange problem that I can't seem to find any support on.

When making a video call with windows live, the video will come in, but the audio is all choppy.

Until....

Any maximized window is opened in front of it. As soon as a window is in front of messenger the audio works fine, but of course no video can be seen. When messenger is brought to the foreground, the audio goes choppy again.

Updated video/audio drivers. No luck. Added a pci USB card to solve another issue hoping this would be lumped in there. No luck.

XP home SP2.

Ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 73.96%

We recently updated out facility with new light fixtures containing LED bulbs and dimmers. When I use my web cam I get shuttering on the on the screen. Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/90a58dd3-4543-4945-acc9-4119cbd3a17f/microsoft-lifecam-hd3000-usb-webcam?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 72.24%

Before I start I use this same USB camera in the same setup on three different computers of different makes and the problem only occurs on this one here are the specs Computer has had a fresh install all drivers installed and runs perfectly including PC games except for this one annoyance Windows XP Home SP Dell Optilplex SFF Intel Core Duo E Gb RAM Gb Hard Drive Trouble is this whenever I try to use the camera the microphone does not work but the video does I have to unplug the camera and then re-connect it and then suddenly the microphone turns on So for example when someone phones me on skype I have to reconnect the camera to make the microphone work its rather tedious This occurs everytime I restart or turn on the computer again Worse still every now and then the microphone Microsoft microphone [SOLVED] Lifecam odd VX-3000 behaviour. ceases to respond even though I replug it [SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 odd microphone behaviour. In this case I have to go to the Control Panel -- gt Sound and [SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 odd microphone behaviour. Audio devices - gt Audio tab - gt Sound Recording and uncheck the mute button as well as put up the volume for the microphone So something is automatically muting the microphone This makes me think that there is a software conflict and that some software is overriding the lifecam and muting it I've checked the system tab and found no conflicts and only one audio recording device which is the camera Any help would be appreciated

A:[SOLVED] Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 odd microphone behaviour.

Just to add SoundMAX analog is the audio driver the Optiplex uses.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-odd-microphone-behaviour-631822.html
Relevancy 72.24%

As Indicated in the title I am using a quot Microsoft LifeCam VX- quot as my web cam I am using Windows XP with Service Pack installed The camera is working fine but the service running it I assume it is the one that appears as vVX exe in my task manager is causing a slight irritation everytime I shut down my computer It refuses to let itself be turned off by windows Instead the following error message is displayed End Program - CameraMonitor VX This program is not responding To return to Windows LifeCam Process [SOLVED] VX-3000 Microsoft Problem and check the status of the program click Cancel If you choose to end the program immediately you will lose any unsaved data To end the program now click End Now There is of course no unsaved data to be lost and if I click quot End Now quot the process is ended and Windows proceeds to Shut Down However I often forget about this minor nuisance tell my computer to shut down and leave to find the computer still running the next morning because quot CameraMonitor VX quot is not responding This has been annoying me for a while now and I was wondering whether it is possible to make windows force quit the process automatically every time I shut down Any help would be appreciated PS A completely separate thing I was wondering about regarding the quot vVX exe quot process is weather [SOLVED] Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Process Problem one can make it run only when the Web Camera is actually connected to the computer I don't like processes running in the background when they are clearly not needed like a web cam process when the web cam is not connected out of principal Even if they are so insignificantly small they don't actually influence system performance in any way

A:[SOLVED] Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 Process Problem

have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the application?

if you are running xp pro you can create a batch file with taskkill to run at shutdown.

you can disable it from starting up all together using autoruns.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-process-problem-407759.html
Relevancy 70.95%

lifecam.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...wait before u jump to conclusions..that is only part....of this...the cam works perfectly...you just can't get into the software itself...the actual program will not open but the camera works on yahoo messenger and everywhere else i want to webcam...how do i get into the actual webcam.program...nothing i have tried works..it always comes back to that message....i have uninstalled reinstalled...went to Microsoft and downloaded a better version..it is compatible with my xp and never had a problem until now...what do i do...oh and there are no updates or fixes on Microsoft

22 minutes ago
- 4 days left to answer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everytime-i-double-click-on-my-desktop-icon-microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-i-get-the-fol.963753/
Relevancy 61.06%

Every time I open the Microsoft LifeCam software installed for a webcam from Microsoft, it says
Lifecam.exe encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvinience

I invite all expert users to check this with me and help me find a solution

Thanking in anticipation
panverdis

A:Microsoft LifeCam Software crashes

Hi and welcome to TSG

I would try uninstalling, then reinstalling the software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-lifecam-software-crashes.911095/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a new Microsoft Lifecam VX-1000 and I am trying to install the software to run it. After loading the CD and giving all the right answers and permission the install process goes into Internet download and install mode. About 65% through this phase, I get an error message that the install can't be completed due to a problem with my Internet connection.
The Internet connection is fine.
I have rerun this install attempt 6 times now from the CD and 3 times from a software packet I downloaded from Microsoft. The result is always the same and at the exact same point in the process. The green line is about 65% across in the download and install phase. I hope someone can give me an idea as to why this might be happening or how to get my camera to work by some other method.

A:Lifecam VX-1000 software won't install

Well no-one seems to be able to figure out the problem so I solved it the easy way; I gave the VX-1000 away and bought an inexpensive Logitech which installed easily and worked immediately. Maybe the moral is just stay away from MS hardware.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/280589-lifecam-vx-1000-software-wont-install.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Any ideas on how to get the application to run on win10 Pro N ?

when i launch it I get a text message with the following..

Microsoft LifeCam Readme File
(c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

If you have a question about your Microsoft webcam, see Microsoft LifeCam Help. To open Help: Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft LifeCam, and then click Microsoft LifeCam Help.

If your question isn't covered in LifeCam Help, you can find the most up-to-date or late-breaking information about your LifeCam software on the web at:
Microsoft LifeCam Readme and Troubleshooting Information

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47732-windows-lifecam-studio-1080p-software.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I have a Windows Ultimate bits PC and the LifeCam software does not detect 7 Windows Microsoft cammera software LifeCam on not Vx-800 does detect the webcam Just purchased a Microsoft LifeCam VX- webcam I have tried several quot solutions quot with no luck including the Microsoft LifeCam Vx-800 software does not detect cammera on Windows 7 ones from the Microsoft Microsoft LifeCam Vx-800 software does not detect cammera on Windows 7 website http support microsoft com kb en-us I also tried the following with no luck ---------------------------------------------- Try the following Disconnect and reconnect the LifeCam Disconnect other unused USB devices Use a different USB port on the computer If you can connect Microsoft LifeCam Vx-800 software does not detect cammera on Windows 7 to a USB port If you are using a USB hub unplug the LifeCam from the hub and plug it directly into your computer Restart your computer Uninstall and then reinstall the LifeCam software from www microsoft com hardware --------------------------------------------- Other webcam applications includying Windows Live Messenger detect the camera and can use it with no problems Orb can stream the camera to my ipod touch as well with no problems The only problem is with the LifeCam software This is so frustrating I can't believe I'm having a hard time with a simple piece of plug and play hardware Anyone knows what may be going wrong Thanks

A:Microsoft LifeCam Vx-800 software does not detect cammera on Windows 7

Hi -

If the Microsoft Lifecam works, what is the exact issue?

I don't quite understand what the problem is here, i.e., what is it that you are trying to do with the webcam that won't work?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-lifecam-vx-800-software-does-not-detect-cammera-on-windows-7-a-506605.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Microsoft 6CH-00001 USB 2.0 LifeCam Cinema webcam, and I've successfully installed the latest LifeCam software (v3.60.253.0).
The video and audio seems to work fine, but ONLY locally (i.e., the application window shows clear video and audio). But when I try to use the webcam online, NOTHING gets through.  For example, there are various websites that allow you to test your
webcam online, such as TestMyCam.net and
Web Cam Mic Test.com, but when I visit those sites, they report that no video or audio was detected.
I've tried disabling my firewall and even my antivirus, but nothing helps.
I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 Pro SP1 with all updates.
What's going on, and how can I fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d31d26a4-7fdd-4718-95db-10b055daa5d0/lifecam-software-issue-online-recipients-gets-no-video-or-audio?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.91%

This is my first visit to a forum and first attempt to post I use Windows XP SP and am trying install a Microsoft LifeCam HD camera for use with problem MS HD LifeCam gives LifeCam.exe message encountered a 300 has Skyype I initially installed the cam using the software on the supplied disk On completion of installation I got the above message I have just installed Skype and found that the mic was working but when I tried to set MS LifeCam HD 300 gives message LifeCam.exe has encountered a problem up the camera I got the message MS LifeCam HD 300 gives message LifeCam.exe has encountered a problem quot The camera is in use by another programme I could not find any other programme using the cam I uninstalled the programme and re-installed Same MS LifeCam HD 300 gives message LifeCam.exe has encountered a problem result I then seardhed for drivers on the web and found LifeCam exe which I downloded and installed With this I got the message quot There is no camera installed on this computer quot I then came to the Microsoft site and found LifeCam exe and downloaded and installed it I have come the full circle and am back with the original error message and at a loss where to go next Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation DG WH AAD - BQWH XB Antivirus ESET NOD antivirus system Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled beetle nbsp

A:MS LifeCam HD 300 gives message LifeCam.exe has encountered a problem

Update. Microsoft offered to replace cam so I returned it to retailer instead. I traded it for a different manufacturers camera, am I permitted to say (a Logitech HD webcam C510), which installed perfectly, including identifying I had Skype, Windows Live and Facebook. I believe the problem was software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-lifecam-hd-300-gives-message-lifecam-exe-has-encountered-a-problem.996994/
Relevancy 55.04%

user reports a problem with his home computer and cannot install a 3rd party application. what is the first step to take.

Relevancy 55.04%

Are there issues with third party security software? My boss has purchased a new laptop that comes with Vista. Do we need to install a secrity software or does Vista handle this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/third-party-software-142573.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have created a screensaver using the Screenweaver package, for use on a NT network however, when I install it, it says i have to be a administrator (which is fair enough), once installed, it then says you have to be an administrator to run this.
Why is this??
I have checked it on other platforms and it runs fine on them.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello humans, so I started playing this game "A.V.A" and from outta no where I got this thing, well when I try to log in it tells me I have some 3rd party program on and that I'm hacking in the game or something, could you please somehow help me get rid of these "3rd party programs"? Because I don't know what should I do...
P.S I really didn't know where make this thread, so... Sorry
These are all of my procceses that arecurrently running, are there any 3rd-party softwares running?
http://i.imgur.com/mluBfeu.png
http://i.imgur.com/gANkj3q.png

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1100. Does anyone know of a third party program that will allow me to record straight to disc (DVD or VCD). If not where can I find drivers for the software I already have (windows movie maker)

A:Third Party Software

http://forums.dvbowners.com/ might be of some use. Their forums have heaps of info on loads of cards and details on third party software. Try doing some Google searching too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/third-party-software.424752/
Relevancy 54.61%

My pc was working okay for alomost a year with WIndows 10 but now I have a problem on both my laptop and desktop with software not loading.
I have tried loading some old software that I already have running and get the same error message

required priviledge is not held by the client.
Is there some new Microsoft update that is causing this?

I tried altering the UAC but this does nothing.

I tried loading Civilization which used to work but the setup progame failed, with the error
0x80040702
Failed to load DSETUP DLL

Any suggestions?

A:Third party software installation

Before attempting any repairs, please create a disk image or at least a Win 10 System Image written to external storage as a means of recovery should sthg go wrong. (You should use disk imaging routinely anyway- a good way to recover from sthg like this).

Try
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-131318e9db8a
perhaps.

If it's a permissions issue, try Tweaking.com's repair tool (free).
This offers a number of permissions repairs. Use only the ones you need.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/50836-third-party-software-installation.html
Relevancy 54.61%

.....for Windows Server 2003?

Looking to buy the best and most reliable backup software for a Windows Server 2003 network.

Appreciate any pointers.

Cheers

Relevancy 54.61%

hi, can i use a 3rd party software to use in conjuction with WinTv? I dont like the software wintv uses to record. it is poor qual and at a very high bit rate like 1gb every 15 min and sometimes it records upside down and backwards

is there something that plays nice with wintv capture card?

A:WinTv USB and 3rd party software

Depends on if it's the hardware encoding or software encoding variety. The hardware encoding variety of USB winTV's work with quite a few third party software applications. If it's the cheaper software encoding variety, then your probably best off with the application that came with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wintv-usb-and-3rd-party-software.445164/
Relevancy 54.61%

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make sure third party apps like quicktime, real player, firefox, etc. I know most of these 3rd party apps have built-in updaters in the software, but is there a way to monitor it at a network level? Like a way to push the updates via login scripts or something? Or is there some kind of software that will help me monitor and push these updates out? Our company is not that large so we are looking for a low to mid cost solution. Thank you in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-3rd-party-software.425637/
Relevancy 54.61%

i have a dell dimension 8400 with XP and can't install 3rd party software, norton says im missing a DLL file, i have reinstalled XP and still dont work....plz help

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi yesterday the th I noticed a very peculiar issue that has only just started It seems that at startup Windows is reinstalling rd party software that is already currently installed and has been for some time I only Software 3rd Party Installation Self - noticed this because 3rd Party Software - Self Installation for some reason while attempting to create a video in PS CS which I have done many times before the IMPORT gt IMAGE SEQUENCE function was 3rd Party Software - Self Installation and still is not working so I was considering a complete uninstall of PS hence opening the PROGRAMS amp FEATURES app Immediately I could see that of my installed programs were showing that they had only been installed on that day see below This is completely wrong I have had those programs installed for months the last actual program that I installed was the Amazon Cloud Drive which I installed on the th it's shown in the above image I have no idea what is going on here and a Google search has so far proved fruitless Today the th after startup I went straight to the PROGRAMS amp FEATURES app only to find that yet again a program had miraculously installed itself with no input or warning to inform me see below At the top of the list it shows 'Flickr Uploader for Windows' as newly installed but as you can see from the first image that same program is already installed This is extremely strange behaviour amp I have run Window Defender amp MalwareBytes scans but nothing harmful has been found Is this a new function of Windows

A:3rd Party Software - Self Installation

That is certainly creepy!!! Where are the program installers? If they are inaccessible, then the programs aren't being reinstalled. Something else woild be at work here.

They certainly aren't program updates. Two I recognize are still older versions.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/36815-3rd-party-software-self-installation.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an inkjet printer and the software that comes with it does not have a double sided print option. Are there 3rd party programs that can work with a printer in order to expand its capabilities?

Relevancy 54.61%

I m a bit confused I have Music Match installed on my PC which is running Windows XP pro When I attempt to play a CD with MusicMatch changing from one track to another is painfully slow It takes about or seconds to go between tracks The CD spins down software Problems with party CD 3rd and then spins back up before going on to the next track The time between tracks settings is set to in Music Match I have tried both Digital and Problems with 3rd party CD software Analog playback settings with no difference I have Re-installed MusicMatch and ensured I have the latest flavor I thought it might be another program interfering driver or registry wise but ruled that out Music Match was the first program installed on the system when I upgraded The problem existed from the first install I have tried using Ultimate Player and get the same problem The odd thing maybe not is the the Windows Media Player WMP works just fine If I use analog playback settings in WMP I can reproduce the track change problem I m having in Music Match I suspect the CDROM settings in WMP are seperate in function from the Hardware Profile settings Has anybody seen this problem The Music Match site does not mention the problem in their FAQ section Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-3rd-party-cd-software.67146/
Relevancy 54.61%

does any one know of any good third party tv tuner software for my avertv card? The stuff packaged with it is really buggy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/third-party-tv-tuner-software.102980/
Relevancy 54.61%

My friend in the UK just installed on 7 software disc? party Win Third a 32 Win as a dual boot with XP He sent me an email decrying the fact that there was quot third party quot software on Third party software on a Win 7 32 disc? the disc that he had to opt out of to complete the install I told him the only discs I ever saw that had crapware on it were from Dell or Gateway When I pressed him for the names of the software he didn't have specific names for any of it Understanding that he didn't have a pen and paper when he met up with this junk I get that he didn't have names In all my years from Win to present day and all versions in between I have never seen anything other than the OS on a real MS disc Has anyone here encountered what he describes It's a mystery to me is all I can say I will say that I am utterly dismayed by all the software that is laden with all sorts of 'bonus' items that install themselves if you aren't extremely careful to avoid them CNET and Download com seem to be the prime offenders But that's software and not a complete OS Thanks J T

A:Third party software on a Win 7 32 disc?

It would be nice to know what third party software he's talking about.

You are right though, the only ones that usually do that are the branded OEM's.

Where did the disc come from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/319243-third-party-software-win-7-32-disc.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Windows 8.1 (and upcoming Win10) correctly identifies my APC BackUPS. My question is: do we really need to install a UPS communications software (such as Powerchute) to enable auto-shut down features during a power-out? Does Windows have this feature built-in?

A:third-party UPS software: do we really need to install it?

Good question. PowerChute is able to wake a sleeping computer to hibernate it. That's the main thing. It also has additional features for configuring various things, viewing power usage, etc. I use it and recommend it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69192-third-party-ups-software-do-we-really-need-install.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Before MSE came out I had hypothesized that because it was in Microsoft's best interest to make an AV solution that does not cause noticeable problems that are apparent to the end-user (and which get blamed on the os, not the AV) and that they have access to private API's, MSE would be the best AV solution out there for the general public. And now it seems to be that my hypothesis is correct.
That being said, I'm wondering if this hypothesis could be extended to other software written by MS (excluding IE of course) in terms that the general end users prefer it to other third-party programs (WMP vs iTunes, Live messenger vs yahoo! messenger, eta). what are your experiences?

A:OEM VS Third-party software (MS-branded vs non-MS)

The fact that Microsoft has access to resources others don't and still doesn't come out on top means something. It's a given that people will go for "better", whether that's Microsoft's software or not. I'd have no problem using Internet Explorer if it wasn't so bloated and slow. Other people might think that it's better than other web browsers since it was made by the same people who built Windows. Let's just be happy that Microsoft hasn't done to computers what Apple has done to the App Store. We have choice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/73090-oem-vs-third-party-software-ms-branded-vs-non-ms.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So I recently updated my subscription for McAfee and I'm about tired of the $60 chargers. So I'm wondering if a third-party anti virus software is necessary? If it is are there any good free anti virus programs?

Thanks,
Justin

Desktop or Laptop? : Desktop
System Manufacturer/Model Number: Acer
CPU: AMD Sempron(tm) Dual Core Processor 2300 2.2GHZ
Motherboard: N/A (don't know how to access)
Memory: 3.00GB
Graphics Card(s): NVIDIA GeForce 9200
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Monitor(s) Displays: LG W2353(Analog)
Screen Resolution: 1360x768 (32bit) (60Hz)

A:Do I really need McaFee or any Third - Party Software?

Use what most of us a the forum use. The FREE
Micorosoft Security Essentials
and the
free Malwarebytes for a weekly scan

We are not allowed to say that these are better than the paid software, but most of us have knowlege about the various software and we use the free ones that I mentioned.

But

In today's world you MUST use something.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/292972-do-i-really-need-mcafee-any-third-party-software.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Does anybody know of any third alternative to MY network places For XP one that is more user is 3rd networking party for any software there freindly and reliable what the biggest problem I have is when I setup a new computer to my network when I try to access it over my LAN get an error message that reads quot This system is not accesable you may not have permissions to use this this network resource Contact the adminsitrator of the is there any 3rd party software for networking server to is there any 3rd party software for networking find out if you have accesss permissions quot leaves me dumbfounde to say the least and nothing I can find anywhere in XP helps me to resolve it So I m hoping a third party alternativemay be available with a better and simpler ways to grant access than XP does and would even send a message to the adminstrator requesting access once trying to connect with an access grants mini menu and better error messages As XP is too cryptic anyway So are they any third party alternatives nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I am trying to install a 3rd party piece of s/w using an execute file. I'm running Vista Home Premium and I am the only user of the machine. UAC is turned off. When I try to execute the installation program, I get the following message -- "Windows cannot acess the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item."
Any thoughts, Tried to run the execute file through the command prompt but also got nowhere. Anyone with any thoughts will be appreciated.
Cheers

Relevancy 54.18%

I might be way off base with this but thought I'd throw the question out there and see what you think.

When a new OS is released (such as W7 from Vista, or W8/8.1 from W7 and so on, then OS specific software often doesn't run correctly. I've experienced that with backup software. What worked with W7 wasn't suited to W8.1, and that in turn would not run with W10.

Now W10 is radically different from all that has gone before because its very foundations can be altered with new builds that are appearing and that will continue to appear in the future.

Would it therefore be reasonable to think that software that is designed for W10 now has no guarantee of performing in the future ? I'm thinking specifically of the kind of program that out of necessity has to integrate itself with the OS at a fundamental level (such as imaging programs and security suites).

Any thoughts ?

A:W10 and its future interaction with 3rd party software.

I would not think so. My guess is that software that's designed for 10 will continue to work for some time to come.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/34067-w10-its-future-interaction-3rd-party-software.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have just installed Driver Agent Plus and it shows 13 out of date drivers. Should I rely on Windows 10 to update necessary drivers or should I use a 3rd party program? If the latter is Driver Agent Plus a good choice.?
My set-up is as I want it and I am a bit concerned new drivers will cause problems. I know for example that my old printer does not work properly with latest driver but is fine with older version.

A:Update Drivers using 3rd party software?

I do not recommend these updater services. If you're happy with the performance of your PC as it is, I would leave it.

I prefer to periodically go to the manufacturer's website manually to check for updates, then you're sure you're getting the right driver.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64099-update-drivers-using-3rd-party-software.html
Relevancy 54.18%

With the complications os and hardware there is always a need of driver that coordinates then in such a way that the hardware and software to get their best and quality performance

It is sometimes very difficult to download each and every needed driver manually and find the latest compatible driver

Right now with windows 10 we all need new drivers that are compatible

Earlier i have used most of the driver updater softwares listed in the poll but the one i think worked perfectly for me was DriverEasy PRO

But the latest version of DriverEasy PRO is speed limited, so i want the users of malwaretips to share their experiences on these softwares which is good at detection and download speed

A:Driver updater - Would you use a third party software?

I would not recommend any of these. This type of software always has some "premium" version for which you will need to pay around $30.
I really like to go the the manufacturer page, and download the driver myself. Almost all the developers have "auto-detect" utilities for the hardware, and once you install the driver, it almost always has a auto-update feature.

Bottom line, I would not use a "driver updater" software, and if I have to use an automatic system I would rely on Windows 10 Update rather than on a driver updater program.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/driver-updater-would-you-use-a-third-party-software.49747/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi

ok, we are connected, our laptop and our desktop are sharing files...we can print from the wireless laptop...really everything is just great, that is, IF we disable our firewall. That's where we need help!
Specs: toshiba satellite m45-s351 with xp sp2 laptop, wireless centrino connecting through router to desktop pc sony vaio PCV-rs620g xp sp2 ...linksys router...and symantec norton internet security software installed on both.

When we disable the firewalls temporarily, everything works great, nothing works with the firewalls on...can you help us configure the firewall to allow networking?

thanks a million!
laura (blue)

Relevancy 54.18%

I'm testing XP Pro for my school district. A few of our edutainment legacy apps which are 16 bit will not install on XP. Is there a way to run such legacy apps without purchasing 3rd party software like Citrix?
Brett

A:Can I run 16 bit legacy apps in XP without 3rd party software?

XP generally can be quite harsh on old programs. I can't speak about Pro, but my XP Home can run some old 16 apps (Games), but some it can't. I also kept a second hard drive on my system, with a spare 2gig partition running FAT, and one running FAT32. Some apps would not run at all on NTFS, but with a bit of tweaking with the XP Compatability Wizard, can be made to run on FAT or FAT32.
I hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-run-16-bit-legacy-apps-in-xp-without-3rd-party-software.105190/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi

is there any way to run a command before shutdown?

I've already found a couple of programs that do that, but I'd like to avoid adding more programs and having them in the background.

thanks

A:How to run a command before ShutDown, without any third party software

You would have to create a .bat or script file that runs the command and then initiates a shutdown command.

Maybe we should move this to the "coding" section where you might get more help if you are specific about what you want to do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-run-a-command-before-shutdown-without-any-third-party-software.548398/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
i want to automate the login activity for a third party software.
i tried dogin this by changing the settings in "REGEDIT" but nothing happened.
Is there any way to explicitly provide the username and password for that application?

________
Rahul

A:Auto Login to a third party software

What's the software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/auto-login-to-a-third-party-software-645523.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Today I think to I done a big mistake to choose Dell as my laptop because Dell is the brand which only running in market by fooling the customers by their false tricks I think warranty for a dell product is just a prank I chose dell because i was told that Dell provide good quality to the consumer but all who told me was wrong It had been only months to buy my laptop and my software broke 3rd speakers party speaker gone silent when i call to Cnsumer care number then i was told that it was my software 3rd party software broke speakers s fault which is run in LENOVO and HP laptops from past - years by nbsp my all friends If Dell is giving good quality then why Dell speaker get damaged in months and Other laptop are not yet after years My all friends relatives are using that software only then why their speaker don t get damage Why my DELL only Then how any one can say that DELL is good Dell said no to repair my laptop within the warranty Now what should I do Its my first and the worst experience with Dell I am a boy belonging to a middle class its 3rd party software broke speakers very hard to buy a laptop to us then only my father bought it for me I asked him to buy a cheaper laptop but he listened that Dell is best so he buy dell by increaseing Rs in the bugdet Now how can i ask my father to pay - thousand more to repair it Please do something I request you to do something My father is a small business man owing a small groccy shop He can t afford high expenses

A:3rd party software broke speakers

shivamgoyal255i was told that it was my software's fault
Hello. Please tell us:
1. the name of the software.
2. the model name of the laptop.
3. the operating system on the laptop
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19994692
Relevancy 54.18%

hey everyone,

could someone recommend some good free 3rd pary partitoning software, i would much apprciate it, thanks.

A:Anybody know some free 3rd party partitioning software?

If you don't wan to use the tools built into Windows then I would recommend Paragon Partition Manager 2010 Free Edition.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/pm-express/

Try it out and see what you think.

Oli

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/85518-anybody-know-some-free-3rd-party-partitioning-software.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Like many others my windows 7 auto update is completely screwed up. (CPU stays at 100% and WU runs forever w/o returning any updates.) I haven't been able to get any updates since the end of July. I have tried numerous things to fix but nothing has helped.
I know there used to be software that would check a system for missing updates but now I can't seem to find anything. I just want to find out what I need so I can install it manually.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3rd-party-software-to-update-win7.1167042/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys i when i try using Acronis*Disk Director Suite to create new partition it give me this error anyway idea why? My hard drive have around 260gb free space as shown why it still giving me this error T.T

A:Cannot new create partition using third party software

Quote: Originally Posted by shaun166

Hi guys i when i try using Acronis*Disk Director Suite to create new partition it give me this error anyway idea why? My hard drive have around 260gb free space as shown why it still giving me this error T.T

shaun166;

It is difficult to tell from the picture you posted, but it appears you already have 4 "Primary" partitions on this hard drive. That is the limit. However, Windows 7 and Data partitions can reside on a "Logical" partition. You would need to convert your last "Primary" partition to an "Extended" partition so you can create "Logical" partitions in the "Extended" part.

Cheers!
Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/54033-cannot-new-create-partition-using-third-party-software.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I just bought Office 2013 from the Microsoft Store and downloaded it as an ISO. I plan to copy the ISO to the desktop and install from there. From what I've read, I should be able to mount the ISO and Windows will treat it like a DVD - but it is not clear if Windows 8.1 can mount the ISO or if I need to first get third-party software like Slysoft's VirtualCloneDrive.

A:Will Win8.1 mount an ISO or do I need third-party software

How to Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG image in Windows 8 and 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/67480-will-win8-1-mount-iso-do-i-need-third-party-software.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
I was trying to get my friend to download filezilla because I am trying to help her with her website. I had her download the client and she couldn't install it. When she tried she said there was a button that she clicked on "basic instatllation(recommended)  and when she did a bunch of other stuff came up preclicked...... like install taplike browser, make taplika add on my new tab on all browsers, set taplika as my homepage on all browsers and finally set taplika as my default search on all browsers. Plus it also made her install something called geekbuddy. I gave her this download link that I got from my filezilla: https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Does anyone have any information on why this is like this? I thought filezilla was a trusted free ftp program?
Thanks!

A:Filezilla and unwanted third party software

Hi there,From what I'm seeing, below the Download button from SourceForge has the warning:"This installer may include bundled offers. Check below for more options."What your friend got were Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs), as the warning has stated.See here for more information on how to avoid PUPs.Hope this helps.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565431/filezilla-and-unwanted-third-party-software/
Relevancy 54.18%

From Gab Aul:

If you have Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Internet Security, or the Kaspersky Total Security Suite installed on your PC there is a known driver bug that prevents these programs from working as expected in builds from the Development Branch. We are partnering with Kaspersky to fix this issue for a future release, but at this time there are no known workarounds. While this issue is present, we recommend using Windows Defender or another third party anti-virus product of your choice to remain protected.

A:Is Microsoft trying to lock out 3rd party software

I am not a Windows fan boy. In fact, I have no qualm if I have to switch to Android..... today.
However, let's be fair.
Microsoft has no obligation to make its operating systems, Windows 10 in this case, compatible with 3rd party programs.
It is incumbent upon the 3rd party manufacturers to make sure their products are compatible with Windows 10, IF they want their products to be used by Windows 10 owners.

The excerpt says MS is "partnering" with Kaspersky to solve the problem.
What else do we expect MS to do ?

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/42143-microsoft-trying-lock-out-3rd-party-software.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I would like some suggestions for some 3rd party uninstall software for Windows, that will not only uninstall programs, but most important, it has to also remove all traces of leftover files associated with the program to be uninstalled. After googling, I found there are so many uninstall programs that, if I'm going to spend some money, I would feel better if I could get them narrowed down to maybe five of the best ones. Free would be good, but not a requirement. I was surprised to find that Source Forge was a dead end. I also want to stay away from trials and/or shareware. Thank you for any input, suggestions and/or advice.

Baron

A:Need suggestions for 3rd party uninstall software.

Suggest Revo uninstaller. It removes all files and registry entries if you click on the "advanced option' before the uninstall. Unfortunately the free version only works on the x86 program files (where 80% of the programs are). For the 64bit program files you need the Pro version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/277783-need-suggestions-3rd-party-uninstall-software.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

When I try to install the third party software that came with my wireless PC card windows XP Pro with SP2 crashes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 54.18%

I purchased Registry cleaning software & SpyWare detection software. Each have worked, off & on. Right now, when I attempt to open either of them, I get a double beep and a blank gray screen. For a remedy, one site I visited, suggested downloading the latest Java software. Did that. Tried to run it. Same thing. Double beep and gray screen. The spyware vendor is now blocking my E-mail tech support inquiries.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-is-stonewalling-my-3rd-party-software.617223/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I don't know if anyone of you have seen this thread at Wilders, but there was very technically and teachable discussion about implemented in 64-bit OS by MS "PatchGuard" feature.
This conversation was between: Ilya Rabinovich (DefenseWall Developer), PrevxHelp (PrevX Developer) and tzuk (SandboxIE Developer), there is about 12 pages of discussion - all of this pages are worth to read.

Link: 64-bit systems and anti-malware software - Wilders Security Forums

Summary:
64-bit security softwares do not offer the same protection level as their 32-bit brothers so far.

Cheers,
Creer

A:64-bit systems and 3rd party security software

Interesting. Thanks.
However, i didnt like the fact that the guy is providing misleading info which may prevent people to go 64bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/22892-64-bit-systems-3rd-party-security-software.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an odd problem If I use the windows built in CD DVD burning feature I can write to DVD -R with no issues including creating a finalised ISO disk If I try to writing with DVD use Cannot windows software party third 8 use ANY third party product to burn on CD DVD the software writes the session to the disk but Cannot use third party DVD writing software with windows 8 then hangs completely when trying to close the session The drive just shuts down and the software is sat there doing nothing The process can't be killed in task manager and the PC wont even restart The only way to restart is to cycle the power on the PC The DVD drive is the second of SATA Drives in the system and I suspect its the fact that it is SATA that is the problem This is independant of the media make or type I use I know its not the drive because it works using the built in windows feature It also use to burn o k using imgburn and cd burner xp when I had windows installed Has anyone encountered this problem and know what could be the cause Thanks in advance for any help given

A:Cannot use third party DVD writing software with windows 8

Burning to CD and DVD - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

I would try Imgburn after disabling the built-in.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/52305-cannot-use-third-party-dvd-writing-software-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I've had this strange problem since I reinstalled windows a couple of weeks ago. 3rd party programs like winrar for example can't create new folders (you know when you select ectract here or another option to save the files to) If I take an already existing folder then it's no problem (it extracts normally) but it seems it can't create a folder itself. I have another program I use with exactly the same problem. Which makes me believe Windows 7 is blocking this feature.... Any help?

A:3rd party software can't create new fodlers

*update* It seems to be bound to 1 hard disk only.... creating on the other drives is no problem...

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/107062-3rd-party-software-cant-create-new-fodlers.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

Can i see empty folders from command prompt? Is there any command to use ?

Thanks in advance

A:how to see blank/empty folders without a 3rd party software

The "dir /ah" command will list all hidden files and folders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221369-how-see-blank-empty-folders-without-3rd-party-software.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello Back story feel free to skip I'm one of the devs for my company's main product During our testing we've discovered that in-house SDK 3rd running party software BSOD in we blue-screen on some particular model of laptop got it to happen on different machines that BSOD running 3rd party SDK in in-house software we have here We can reproduce it easily but not deterministically Based on our testing so far it happens only when we use some rd party SDK to deal with multimedia operations Can't do without it We don't have access to the internals of that SDK and their support team is not exactly keen to help I therefore come to you guys for help in the hope that we can at least get more information out of the blue screen What I've tried so far I then proceeded BSOD running 3rd party SDK in in-house software to follow this dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod to configure the system for a minidump and this blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions but SFDT popped an unhandled exception Could not find file quot C Winsows EventApp txt quot and didn't produce any BSOD running 3rd party SDK in in-house software output directory on the desktop I've tried to look at the minidump file attached with Blue Screen Viewer It seemed to believe that hal dll was to blame I then tried to configure verifier so it would produce more informative dumps but I was then unable to create any because of a lock-up during the BSOD at the quot Initializing disk for crash dump quot step And now I've got no idea what to do Any help on this would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Some more details Running on a fully updated win Pro bit Proc Q i Ram GB Ram is not likely the source of the pb given we've replicated the issue on separate machines Avast is not installed but McAfee is

A:BSOD running 3rd party SDK in in-house software

It is stop 0x124, a hardware related crash.

Code:
BugCheck 124, {4, 86ed0024, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : GenuineIntel
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Follow the guide Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264106-bsod-running-3rd-party-sdk-house-software.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I know that with XP if you have a CD RW installed you can use the "send to" right click menu item to write data or whatever to a CD. It pulls up a wizard and walks you through the job. Someone at work is speculating that installing a third party software like Nero, disables this capability and you have to use the third party software for this function from now on. Anyone know if this is true?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-system-cd-writer-go-away-when-a-third-party-software-is-installed.388891/
Relevancy 53.32%

We re working on a software dictionary + third for looking spell checking software party project in which we want to implement spell checking We don t want to write our own spell checking software from scratch and we definitely don t want to write our own dictionary from scratch We d like to know what our looking for third party spell checking + dictionary software options are Can we buy a spell checking dll along with a dictionary from Microsoft From some other software company Is there any open source freeware we can download Also we would like to know what kind of overhead would be involved in incorporating such a package into our project We looking for third party spell checking + dictionary software re working in Visual Studios possibly upgrading to How easy would it be to integrate third party spell checking dictionary What kind of access would we have in Visual Studios into that third party software i e how easily can we customize the software via function calls deleting adding components e g words in the dictionary deleting adding event handlers to events etc We would like as wide a variety of options as looking for third party spell checking + dictionary software possible so please the more suggestions you have the better Thanks very much nbsp

A:looking for third party spell checking + dictionary software

Check out this article with links to third party spell checkers: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262605

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-third-party-spell-checking-dictionary-software.1052850/
Relevancy 53.32%

Attempting to download MYUSBONLY for an assignment; but it seems to disable my NIC, so I can't much further than the download. As soon as I uninstall the program, I regain wireless access... Any guesses???

A:NIC disabled when downloading 3rd party software MYUSBONLY

It downloads OK but when installed it disables your NIC? It's supposed to prevent 'unauthorized access to USB devices'. I'm guessing disabling your NIC is one of the ways it does that. Is there a setup option for a particular security level or to disable/enable some of its features?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/nic-disabled-when-downloading-3rd-party-software-myusbonly/19396.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Is possible to defrag the page file or MFT?

I had opened the disk defragmenter ... I realized that my page file was separated to more path... so If I wan to rejoin them together... then what should I do ?

By the way, can I defrag those unmovable files without using other software?

A:Defrag page file, MFT without using third party software

The native XP defrag.exe utility cannot do it.

. PageDefrag from Sysinternals/Microsoft is freeware, and will defrag your Paging files, hibernation files, and registry hives: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PageDefrag.html

. For the MFT, Microsoft has a tool for XP called BCUpdate2.exe, and its use and requirements are described here: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320397

You can obtain BCUpdate2.exe from Microsoft, or this site: http://www.protostorm.com/bcupdate2.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/defrag-page-file-mft-without-using-third-party-software-114501.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have 2 monitors at work and 2 at home and have been researching for a spell and it looks like you have to have windows 7 ultimate or enterprise for this to work which my office pc is windows 7 pro and my home pc is win 7 pro 64 bit. So I was wondering if there are any decent third party software's that will basically mimic my setup at home to work? Thanks for any assistance, ive been looking around but not sure about some of these companies.

A:Third Party Software for Dual Monitor support with RDP

Read here:
http://www.splitview.com/using-remote-desktop-with-dual-monitors-in-span-mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533089/third-party-software-for-dual-monitor-support-with-rdp/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I was wondering if someone can tell me the simplest way to add a 3rd party software as a windows service. The intention is to make the program runs before somebody logs in into Windows. Thanks.

A:Adding a 3rd party software as windows service

So you want to run a program before the user logs on to windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/37528-adding-3rd-party-software-windows-service.html
Relevancy 53.32%

MS Office 2010 along with Corel Paintshop Pro X6 were pre-installed on my laptop. Windows 10 crashed after I upgraded. I created recovery disks using HP-provided software to return to Windows 7, but without the OEM software. The software is back on my hard drive, but not in a form I can use. How can I: a) find my subscription information, or b) otherwise reactivate the programs? I have upgraded to Windows 10 again and it seems stable now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Re-install-Third-party-Software-After-Recovery-w-o-OEM-Disks/td-p/5682362
Relevancy 53.32%

Do Win 10 major upgrade affect 3rd party software compatibility & so 3rd party software vendor have to keep up with the major upgrade like 1511, upcoming Redstone, etc...?

A:Win 10 major upgrade & 3rd party software compatibility

Security applications may be affected by Major Updates to Windows 10, otherwise all other software should work without a hitch.

For example:

The current version of your Antivirus or Suite may not be currently compatible, but during the month of Redstone release, the developers will push an update to support the latest major updates to Windows 10.

Overall, it's nothing to worry about.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/win-10-major-upgrade-3rd-party-software-compatibility.59612/
Relevancy 53.32%

Just downloaded a free software named aomei backupper and finished installation, i was doing a system backup but got a code 4103 error.
anyone met the same problem? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

A:Backup system with a third party software but met the problem

Have you checked:http://www.aomeitech.com/kb/backupper/error-code-4103.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620346/backup-system-with-a-third-party-software-but-met-the-problem/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I read some user that "tweak" their windows to improve the security

eg

Huracan said:

On a side note, now that I have upgraded from Core to Pro of Windows 8.1, I can disallow execution of any file in the Downloads folder.Click to expand...

I want to find some tweaks to improve Windows 8.1 protection, someone now any tweaks?

A:How to Improve Windows 8.1 Pro Security without 3rd Party Software?

At a Basic level, review your Action Center. I need to reboot, so I'll be back to post more. In the meantime, I found this very useful link with guide, http://www.mechbgon.com/srp/

Network Firewall - This is Windows Firewall. Use your Public profile, when connected to untrusted networks such as hotspots or other public Wifi locations.

Windows Update - This ensures Windows OS is always up-to-date and secure.

Virus + Spyware Protection - This is Windows Defender. Check that real-time protection is enabled and regular scans are performed, either when required or once a week. A quick scan shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes on modern hardware.

Internet Security Settings - 'Internet Options' in IE are set on default settings* with Enhanced Protected Mode enable.

*I have custom settings.

You can also Prevent downloads in Internet Explorer, by clicking Custom Level on the Internet Zone.

User Access Control - Default works best for maximum OS operability and access to all features, such as Windows Refresh and Reset.

Windows SmartScreen - This addition layer in Windows 8.x can prevent unrecognised apps from running.

Microsoft Account - You can ensure your account safety by enabled 2-Factor Authentication and reviewing your Recent Activities.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-improve-windows-8-1-pro-security-without-3rd-party-software.29830/
Relevancy 53.32%

Usually we create more than one partitions of HDD. Here, we have two opinions; some people say one shouldn't install software in the operating system's drive (mostly C) and the other people oppose this concept.

These are my personal feelings that one shouldn't install software in OS' drive because it will give the 'typical HDD', somehow, a tough task. We will have to put more space for 'C' which will probably increase the seek time and maybe it will increase fragmentation on sectors.

So which is the best option to choose and what is the true concept behind selecting the directories?

A:How to choose installation directory for 3rd party software?

Unless you have a really compelling reason to install programs in another partition or another drive (e.g. if you have a small SSD for the OS and want to install large games), there should be no reason to divert the program installation. None of the arguments you listed convince me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/201884-how-choose-installation-directory-3rd-party-software.html
Relevancy 53.32%

And some that's not intrusively PIE-spywared like Yahoo's & Google's.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Relevancy 53.32%

SCREENSHOT INCLUDED

After I downloaded the SKIDROW crack for Assassins Creed 2 a program started blocking me from accessing the Task Manager. I'm not 100% sure whether this program is linked to the SKIDROW crack but I'm pretty sure. Also I think it's a third-party software because there's a number telling you the version of that program. When I try to access Task Manager, it pops up a few seconds before the program shuts it down.

The link to the screenshot is:
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5...anagerlock.png
I'm sorry I cannot attach the screenshot directly as I'm posting this thread on iPhone.

A:Task Manager Blocked? Third Party Software?

unfortunatel, we can not assist you. You are using cracked software, we don't help users who use cracks/keygens. Go here

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/task-manager-blocked-third-party-software-508664.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Thank you all for reading this. I am a medium PC user and have never really developed a strong Backup Protocol including: 3rd party software choices, including Cloud Storage of all desktop, laptop and other devices systems. I need reference materials: on line documents, instructions or links to read and any other help you may provide. I have had 2 serious data crashes and need to create a "good practice" BU system. thanks. ed

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/389180-windows-7-3rd-party-backup-software-procedues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hey all,

is there a way to change the look and or colors of windows XP without resorting to third party software such as windowblinds. It seems like there should be a way to make/get different XP color schemes than the silver and khaki ones, but I can't find one.

Relevancy 52.89%

I tried uninstalling the bloomberg desktop software from my win professional last night and that's when my nightmare began First off the uninstallation wasn't smooth After I uninstalled the main 3rd 7 software of uninstallation starting upon Windows party problem program there were still patches of auxiliary programs left and I had to un-installed them one by one Win did complain that some of the components were not there or program not found but eventually they were all removed from the windows program list Unfortunately when I tried to reboot my PC would go into this debug mode whereas the system can't 'fix' the problem automatically I tried looking into the log and noticed the following Number of root causes Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem Then a bunch of checks which yielded error code x which seemed normal Then I dig deeper and noticed the following Problem event name StartupRepairOffline Problem signature Windows 7 problem starting upon uninstallation of 3rd party software Worst part is that I can't even recover using the Windows 7 problem starting upon uninstallation of 3rd party software system recovery as I'm missing some files Windows 7 problem starting upon uninstallation of 3rd party software from the bloomberg file holder Any idea please I must admit I'm NOT a fan of bloomberg software at this point

A:Windows 7 problem starting upon uninstallation of 3rd party software

Quote: Originally Posted by alecela

I tried uninstalling the bloomberg desktop software from my win7 professional last night and that's when my nightmare began:

First off, the uninstallation wasn't smooth. After I uninstalled the main program, there were still patches of auxiliary programs left and I had to un-installed them one by one. Win 7 did complained that some of the components were not there or program not found but eventually they were all removed from the windows program list.

Unfortunately when I tried to reboot, my PC would go into this debug mode whereas the system can't 'fix' the problem automatically. I tried looking into the log and noticed the following:

Number of root causes = 1
Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem

Then a bunch of checks which yielded error code 0x00 which seemed normal.

Then I dig deeper and noticed the following:

Problem event name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem signature: 6.1.7600.16385

Wrost paart is that I can't even reocver using the system recovery as I'm missing some files from the bloomberg file holder.

Any idea please? I must admit I'm NOT a fan of bloomberg software at this point.

Bloomberg is known to be extremely difficult to remove successfully.

If you have the win 7 dvd you can do a repair install.

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202869-windows-7-problem-starting-upon-uninstallation-3rd-party-software.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

i'm trying to get a sim card reader that works with other software other then the software supplied with the card reader.. The one I have now doesn't work with 3rd party software which is basically my intention for it. Anyone know of anything?

A:Help Finding a Sim card Reader which supports 3rd party software

Rayway420 said:

Hello,

i'm trying to get a sim card reader that works with other software other then the software supplied with the card reader.. The one I have now doesn't work with 3rd party software which is basically my intention for it. Anyone know of anything?Click to expand...

Anyone? Anyone at all? lol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-finding-a-sim-card-reader-which-supports-3rd-party-software.587122/
Relevancy 52.89%

Like in the title. I know that there are some parental setting biult-in, but I want to install some 3rd party soft on my win 7. I know that there are plenty of programs like that, but I don't know which is reliable and worth its price. I would be gratefull for any suggestions or opinions regarding this topic.

A:Looking for nice thir-party parental control software

Hi there!

That depends on what exactly you are trying to do, is it to control which programs can be run, or is it more of an issue for preventing access to certain websites? If the issue is websites, one of the best options in my opinion is to use OpenDNS, which is free and relatively easy to setup, the walkthrough is very simple and I would be happy to help. This will allow you to automatically block pornographic websites, gambling websites, etc. You can get information about it here:
Home Parental Controls | OpenDNS
The free version is excellent, there is no reason for a paid version unless you need uncommon features.

As for 3rd party applications, I have found Qustodio to be quite useful and easy to work with, you can find it here: Best Parental Control Software - It has a free and premium program, the free program was more than enough for me

Norton Online Family is also quite useful and likewise has a free and paid version here: https://onlinefamily.norton.com/fami.../loginStart.fs - It is one of the very, very few Norton programs I am okay with!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/339823-looking-nice-thir-party-parental-control-software.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Please cast your vote. Do you use both System Restore Points AND 3rd party imaging software, or only one of them. Feel free to add your comments.

A:Using System Restore Points and/or 3rd Party Imaging Software

Well I can't really join the poll as I use Restore Points and Windows System Image backup as in Brinks tutorial. Both work well for me so I don't the feel the need for any 3rd party software. Needs another choice in the poll as I'm sure many people use the same system as me!

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/139342-using-system-restore-points-3rd-party-imaging-software.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Well, I discovered the bad news that Windows Mobile Device Center doesn't work with Outlook 2010 if installed as 64 bit. Microsoft says to "fix" this by uninstalling Office 2010 and installing the 32 bit version! Ha! They have no plans for a real fix.

My question is are there any 3rd-party sync programs that will work with Windows 7 64 bit and Microsoft Office Outlook 64 bit and Windows Mobile 6.5 devices? I don't need to sync email but I do need to sync calendar, contacts, and tasks. And yes, I am aware that the iphone will sync with it! Silly Microsoft. I have 1.5 years left on my mobile contract with my Windows Mobile 6.5 phone, so I am stuck for now.

A:3rd party sync software for Windows 7 64 bit with Outlook 2010 64 bit?

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any 3rd party apps.

In the case that none exist, nor will MS ever get around to releasing a fix - is it possible for you to uninstall the x64 version and just install the x32 version?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/96705-3rd-party-sync-software-windows-7-64-bit-outlook-2010-64-bit.html
Relevancy 52.89%

how good is win 7 drive image fs buying a 3rd party software. I used accronis in xp but will win 7 internal drive image on a external hard disk give me equal results

A:how good is win 7 drive image vs buying a 3rd party software

A lot of us on here use Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

Works great and fast. Give it a try it is FREE.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/147762-how-good-win-7-drive-image-vs-buying-3rd-party-software.html