Windows Support Forum

MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software...

Q: MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software...

Greetings y'all I've got a situation over here I have two MS Lifecam HD- USB webcams that I use Lifecam software... party MS 3rd any Hd-3000 + for surveillance MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software... For years I've used a program called Contacam put out by one fellow somewhere over in the UK Contaware com - Video Surveillance and Graphics Software It's a great little program which allows for some pretty granular motion detection which is exactly what I need I'll say a few words about that at the end So this set-up has served me well and even worked with the initial release of Win up to and including the last RTM - build TH On the insider fast ring here and the camera set-up hasn't worked in any build since the last RTM I'm currently on rs Lemme throw a few things out there that I'm already aware of Yeah two USB cams same make model Windows used to have real trouble with this back in Win days and before but ever since device manager was able to differentiate duplicates by appending quot quot to like device names I haven't had much trouble On the software side you just give the two devices different names upon installation such as Security Cam and Security Cam Then we have USB bandwidth Yes again back in USB or days it would cause trouble Ever since USB and and what with motherboards typically offering - hubs it hasn't caused me much trouble In my case each camera is on it's own hub controller with nothing else And I still have a couple extra USB and USB and ports for all my other devices I reckon we can eliminate the quot same make and model quot and quot USB bandwidth quot issues Here's the meat The devices install plug amp play Device manager see's them and differentiates them The silly Win Camera app actually WORKS It's the only thing that does Not only do I get a beautiful picture from the MS camera app it's got a screwy looking transparent icon at the top center of the screen which when you click on it switches to the other camera Beautiful picture there too So both cameras work both drivers work with no conflicts both everything is fine and dandy As long as you use the MS camera app I can't get ANY other software to connect to the cameras I've downloaded iSpy and about others Each and every program including my beloved contacam can SEE both cameras upon installation This is normally a procedure of somehow clicking quot add camera quot and then using a drop-down box or similar UI to select the device manager tag quot MS Lifecam HD- quot But nothing can connect I just get black screens on both cameras for all apps except the silly MS Camera app I'm wondering if its some sort of timing issue So I monkey around with video resolution and FPS settings To no avail the default settings are usually correct anyway but it doesn't seem to matter because we are not getting any video stream to quot adjust quot All the programs are failing at the connect phase I've been trying to run this down for a couple days now I'm pretty tech savvy I'm educating myself on WDM drivers on account I've seen that referenced in many of the rd party programs I've downloaded In that they usually say something like quot Our software supports thousands of USB web cams - anything that uses WDM drivers quot Any thoughts or ideas I can answer questions about my system specs and go fairly deep tech-wise I'm retired now but I once was a PC technician Ha Lastly I have a sort of business hobby which requires the surveillance In case you are interested because it is a bit unusual I'm not watching baby sitters or cats I have animals outside The animals are alligators in a big pond My house sits mostly on land but extends out over the water a bit The house is raised about ' off the ground Here in Southeast Louisiana this is very common We have these things called hurricanes every now and again and when they come you pray ' off the ground is enough I currently have one nesting female just under the house Spring is coming She is laying eggs Alligator eggs I've illuminated the nest and focused one of the web-cams directly on it and her At night snakes skunks racoons possums you name it want to come steal her eggs and eat them My job is to keep that from happening I NEED my surveillance with motion detection sounding an alarm at AM I can stomp on the floor above her nest to scare off the critters Watching all this is great fun Do you have a nesting alligator under your front porch Please help Mr Joey The Heart of the Bayou

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42966-ms-lifecam-hd-3000-any-3rd-party-software.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: MS Lifecam Hd-3000 + any 3rd party software...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 33.54%

About or months ago I switched to a new internet provider whom also sent me a new modem Problem is is that To My Party Modem How 3rd To Connect Provider's New My Service? this new modem prevents my burglar alarm s dial out alert system from contacting my nominated phone numbers during an activation test If I turn off the modem there is no problem the alarm works perfectly This would be fine except that my brother in law lives next door and uses my internet connection so it is inconvenient if I m away and have to switch the modem off to have the alarm fully functional Prior to the provider change over I was using a rd party TP-Link TD-W ND modem with my prior service provider This modem caused no problems at all with the function of the burglar alarm when left on Therefore I would like to use the TP-Link modem again but I can t get it to work on the new service From memory the modem that was supplied by the new provider was basically plug and play and all I did was just cable it in and there was no keyboard work required This is why I don t know why the TP modem doesn t work since I didn t change anything Evidently there are some How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service? configurations that do need altering but I haven t got a clue Any help or ideas Tom nbsp

A:How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service?

Hello there, You need to apply the appropriate ADSL and network settings on the modem so it can connect to your new provider's network. The ISP support should provide those. Hope you get it up and running soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-my-3rd-party-modem-to-my-new-providers-service.207609/
Relevancy 20.21%

Just to be and Nvidia AMD: Features vs. Software clear I want NO ARGUMENTS This is a reasonable discussion The conflict between the two major GPU developers is as old as I remember and while the obvious answer in which is better depends on how much you want to spend and various subtleties in manufacturing Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software and releases the two generally leapfrog each other with every release I want to discuss what in terms of software support features and game coding each has over the other Lets start with what almost everybody knows Nvidia release drivers every time there s an actual update not the regular monthly update that AMD tend to do and while this probably results in better Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software updates it can mean a long time between problems getting fixed waiting for small fixes because a Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software big bug takes a long time to patch Nvidia have also developed the G-Sync for monitors which I barely know anything about - kind of the point of this thread a can anyone shed light on how this performs I ll update this top post as others provide feedback AMD s Mantle technology is becoming more and more widespread in new releases especially as AMD make more deals with game developers While my AMD GPU is too old to benefit from the Mantle updates it is doing well in trying to convince me to get AMD as my next card as well Again can anyone provide feedback on how the newer AMD cards perform on the Mantle-enabled games Cheers guys nbsp

A:Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software

ETF Soldier said:

Just to be clear, I want NO ARGUMENTS. This is a reasonable discussion.

The conflict between the two major GPU developers is as old as I remember, and while the obvious answer in which is better depends on how much you want to spend and various subtleties in manufacturing and releases, the two generally leapfrog each other with every release, I want to discuss what, in terms of software support, features and game coding, each has over the other.

Lets start with what almost everybody knows:

Nvidia release drivers every time there's an actual update, not the regular monthly update that AMD tend to do, and while this probably results in better updates, it can mean a long time between problems getting fixed (waiting for small fixes because a big bug takes a long time to patch).
Nvidia have also developed the V-sync for monitors, which I barely know anything about - kind of the point of this thread, a can anyone shed light on how this performs? (I'll update this top post as others provide feedback)
AMD's Mantle technology is becoming more and more widespread in new releases, especially as AMD make more deals with game developers. While my AMD GPU is too old to benefit from the Mantle updates, it is doing well in trying to convince me to get AMD as my next card as well. Again, can anyone provide feedback on how the newer AMD cards perform on the Mantle-enabled games?
Cheers guys.Click to expand...

Firstly I think both companies release drivers at pretty regular intervals at this point, every major game release at least entitles a beta driver minimum.

Your speaking about G-Sync I believe. It works very well for what it is which makes the monitor and GPU communicate together to change the refresh of the monitor live to match the output FPS in order to keep the game seeming as smooth as possible with no lag, frame tears, etc. Its an excellent piece of technology but you pay a 250+ dollar premium for a monitor with it minimum. Right now DisplayPort 1.2a added this to the VESA standard so now it can be done on monitors without the specific G-SYNC module however AMD is the only one to support this in the future when they start appearing but its still going to require some work from the monitor companies. G-Sync is awesome for high resolution and high refresh setups where stability is a bit harder to achieve.

BF4 with Mantle and surround going (Ill have my Asus UHD monitor today to try) is able to maintain easy 60 FPS ultra and thief is the same way. Those are the only two mantle games I have tried as I have not gotten around to getting one other game that supports it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-vs-amd-features-and-software.203796/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a laptop with the Realtek high definition audio and Dolby home theater installed. After the latest win8.1 update the Realtek program has stopped forwarding the sound through the Dolby program (which it managed to do perfectly before the upgrade). I tried using Viper4Windows too but that didn't work eighter. Is there an option anywhere that will allow me to fix this?

A:Realtek and third party program problems

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-and-third-party-program-problems.200237/
Relevancy 20.21%

Just upgraded form my old EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 to my new Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4Gb, had to fanny around a lot with my Antec 900 case to get the beast to fit but everything seems fine now, card idles at 30-35c. Underload at around 65c. However the overclocking/temperature control software that came with the card, Thunder Master just does not quite seem up to par with EVGA Precision. Can anyone tell me if I can continue to use EVGA Precision safely and without any adverse effects with this Palit card because I just cant seem to get to grips with this Thunder Master. For some reason it trys to allways achieve 70c.

A:Temperature control software

andy06shake said:

Just upgraded form my old EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 to my new Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4Gb, had to fanny around a lot with my Antec 900 case to get the beast to fit but everything seems fine now, card idles at 30-35c. Underload at around 65c. However the overclocking/temperature control software that came with the card, Thunder Master just does not quite seem up to par with EVGA Precision. Can anyone tell me if I can continue to use EVGA Precision safely and without any adverse effects with this Palit card because I just cant seem to get to grips with this Thunder Master. For some reason it trys to allways achieve 70c.Click to expand...

My recommendation is to use MSI afterburner for your temperature controlling needs and overclocking. It is non-biased and will work with any video card no matter the type, whether its amd of nvidia, and who made it.

Link here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temperature-control-software.199318/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi!

I remember when I first lost my Motorolas original CD, I couldn't find the software anywhere to be downloaded and no one that i knew had a motorola rzr mobile phone...

I found my old cd here a few days ago so I made an .iso file of it and uploaded it (as 13 .rar files, the file max size is 50Mb).

Here it is

Tel me if the link doesn't work or something.

http://cid-e198cc24bf261f09.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Motorola Razr?permissionsChanged=1&1

A:Motorola Razr v3 drivers and software

Yep that works for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-razr-v3-drivers-and-software.159146/
Relevancy 19.78%

Good evening fellas The Problem This is an issue I have never run into before on numerous builds My computer wont reset from pressing the reset button or through software reset I was able Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) to get through windows installation by pressing the power button and powering back up This is when I noticed a second issue My computer wont boot to windows with the USB mouse and key board plugged Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) in Front panel or back panel its just a black screen It will post with the USB mouse and keyboard plugged in as I am able to press F to get into bios I tried rearranging the front panel connectors on the mobo running with only the power button hooked up running with the front pannel usb hooked up and looking around bios for any relevant settings cant find anything there related to boot Once in windows I test my hardware by playing about hours straight of AC and doing burn in tests with no errors I am at a loss The Background I recently bought Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) a replacement mobo and power supply to replace a pair that fried due to moisture I bought a new case because I fell out of favor with my old case that had a window pane and led lights and I upgraded my ram to gb x gb modules Essentially I only kept my TB HD DVD-RW Video Card and CPU I tested all of the hard ware I kept in a friends system he let me use for the purpose and those components all burned in well after about hours of benching and burn in testing with no errors The Hardware Mobo Asrock N C-GS http www asrock com mb NVIDIA N C-GS FX CPU Phenom X BE GPU Pallet GT Sonic Edition http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM GB PC http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E PSU Raidmax Hybrid W Modular http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Computer wont reset (Hard or Software)

A strange problem indeed.

Triple check your wiring is correct using your motherboard manual. Be sure the motherboard is mounted correctly on the standoffs and no grounds are occurring.

Faulty buttons on the case itself?

Reset bios to optimal defaults, clear cmos.

After that I would return the mobo.

Sorry I cant be more specific, Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-reset-hard-or-software.196539/
Relevancy 19.35%

My computer battery was replaced by a family member and when I boot up my PC which took about 10 minutes instead of 30 seconds. I noticed that the 2 harddrives were displayed in the bios as raid drives. The 2 harddrives are SATA. However in Windows when I right click on My Computer and select Manage then Device Manager they appear as NTFS format.

I sure that this configuration has something to do with response.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to restore my raid drive back to 2 harddrives under NTFS without loosing my data. I would prefer a software tool or a step by step solution since I am not comfortable with manually making changes to computer settings.
Thank you for your advice in advance to this frustrating problem
Regards
Ntracs (Joe)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/converting-raid-harddrives-back-to-ntfs-with-software-tools.196141/
Relevancy 20.21%

See the description in full on the Cisco.com/security site

A:Multiple vulnerabilities in Cisco ASA software

I read about this yesterday. This is a big exploit and needs to be fixed. Too bad there are too many newbies that wont know how to update the firmware or arent even aware of this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-vulnerabilities-in-cisco-asa-software.191502/
Relevancy 19.78%

I want to buy a laptop to run professional recording software. The minimum requirement is an Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.67GHz. Can I use a quad core with less speed. What are my options?

Thanks

A:Help understanding minimum processor requirements for recording software

Is there a trial version of the software for you to test on your current system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-understanding-minimum-processor-requirements-for-recording-software.191471/
Relevancy 19.35%

My computer running Windows Ultimate -bit can no longer access my Western Digital Caviar quot Black quot TB hard drive that s connected but I suspect my data to still be in there so I wonder what data recorvery tools people have used and recommend This is one of the additional drives to my operating system C drive It has been formatted as NTFS and been working fine for several months until with recommendations Data format, from drive please lost recovery software a week ago Now it appears as the E drive on Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please My Computer as originally configured but the volume label is now blank I used to have that named as quot Media quot When I double-click on it to Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please enter the drive I get the Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please error message quot E is not accessible The parameter is incorrect quot In Computer Management -- gt Storage -- gt Disk Management the drive appears but it s File System is now indicated as RAW rather than NTFS I have tried using Active Partition Recovery and that successfully lists my drive with the original label name quot Media quot and as NTFS and also lists the folders located at the root of the drive which is why I suspect my data to still be in there and recoverable However when I use this tool to do a full scan of my disk it freezes after scanning MB There are tools out there with varying reliability so whch ones do people here recommend another tool I trired I forget its name was scanning my disk but prediced days to go over the entire TB so that s out of the question I have been told to use a tool that can recover files onto a separate disk rather then try to repair the original disk and risk losing more of the original data Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please

Oh crap. Something like this happened recently to me when I had backed up some data to an USB thumb drive. It worked fine for awhile, then some weeks later, my PC just couldn't read it anymore (kept saying "disk in drive needs to be reformatted/etc"...and the properties for the drive also showed it as RAW format instead of FAT32 like it would have been usually).

I think the issue is drive corruption, which seems to be fairly common with external devices like USB drives, but odd in the case of an internal drive. The remedy for me was to try to access it from a different system, which was easy since being a USB stick I could try it elsewhere easily. If you can use another system to access the drive, preferably a Linux/Ubuntu based one; it is likely your best bet to recoup the data before its lost permanently. An external HDD kit would be ideal, and they are quite cheap also.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-drive-with-lost-format-software-recommendations-please.187901/
Relevancy 41.28%

Why doesn't my microsoft lifecam work with windows 7? Is there a simple way to fix this problem?

A:Windows 7/Microsoft Lifecam

We would need the model number to tell you a reason to why it is not working, and if there is a fix.. If there is no supported driver for windows7, you may need to attempt to use a Windows Vista driver and run it in compatibility mode.

If these options are not possible, you may have to purchase a new one.

Please reply back with the model of the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-microsoft-lifecam.185668/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have been doing research on purchasing 4-bay+ external RAID enclosure for myself. I have done research on software vs. hardware raids for this system, but one question still eludes me; so I am going to ask it here directly.

If I buy software RAID enclosure I will have to use some included software to set-up my raid. So, if I take my enclosure to another PC and plug it in (let's say eSATA) I will not be able to read the data, correct? If I get true hardware raid, the raid set up will be on the build in controller so I will be able to take the enclosure from computer to computer, right?

And since TS has new poll feature lets try it out...

A:Hardware vs. software RAID on 4-bay+ RAID enclosure

Regardless of whether you use software or hardware RAID, the enclosure will work whatever you plug it into. The only thing that might not work is connecting an individual disk (used as part of the array) into a device. It all depends on whether the device in question can read the controller used for the RAID set up.

For example, I ran with RAID 1 for two 2TB hard drives in my PC, but I can connect one of them to the same device as a non-RAID disk -- which I successfully did when the RAID broke down for an unexplained reason.

However, it is unlikely to work in a computer, and you should approach it as not working at all in anything but the RAID enclosure. It's also worth pointing out that splitting RAID disks in such a way could corrupt the data. Given that pretty much every decent RAID enclosure worth its salt will include gigabit ethernet at the size you're looking for, availability shouldn't be an issue across your LAN.

Hardware-based RAID arrays are also more reliable in operation, and have the extra benefit of being recoverable in a controller failure by replacing it with the same version as before. Software RAID's are less reliable, slower performing and in the event of a controller failure can be difficult to bring back online.

Basically, when it comes to RAID arrays, don't skimp on cost. The better the quality/controllers the more reliable and better performing it will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-vs-software-raid-on-4-bay-raid-enclosure.185358/
Relevancy 20.21%

So about once every 30 minutes, my keyboard, disconnects, and reconnects. Like it's being unplugged, and re-plugged back in. It is not the keyboard, or the USB port I am using. I have tested it in several different USB slots, but the same problem happens. It is software related. And is bugging the living hell out of me. I have reformatted and the same exact problem happens. And my friend has the EXACT problem but with his mouse.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have googled the problem and searched, but nobody has a real solution.

Thanks!

A:Keyboard software issues?

Some relevant system specs-

-Running LEGIT version of Win7 64bit
-8gb ddr3 Corsair Vengeance 1600
-ASUS P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 Chipset
-Intel Core i7 2600k
-1tb 6.0gb/s 7200rpm Western Digital HDD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-software-issues.183811/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi, I'm building a new system because trying to work on an athlon x2 240 involves too much self harm.

I have been reading around, and it seems that the 2500K is generally better in all regards despite having 2 less cores.

My main priority is rendering time in 3ds max, so regarding that, which cpu would be the better buy?

Thanks
Astralogic

A:Which of these CPUs is best for 3D software redndering? 2500K or 1100T?

It turns out that the 100T is better for 3ds max. I was afraid the 1100T would come out on top, I spent ages researching the right motherboard to get with the 2500K now I gotta start again

You wouldn't happen to know an AMD board that is the equivilent to the GA-Z77X-UD3H do you? Or the G1-Sniper M3?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-of-these-cpus-is-best-for-3d-software-redndering-2500k-or-1100t.180409/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello dear brothers,
iam very sad and unhappy also iam in tention plz help me '
suddenly have formated my partion .
And there was alot of my editing and recovery and other alot of softwares was in it now my partition is empty and i want to recover my all softwares i tried alot but softwares not recovering plz brothers help me plz help me iam very worry because i want to recover my all softwares
plz urgent help me plz how to recover that all softwares help me hope u will help me.

A:Formatted partition and want to recover software

Take a look at this:
http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/recover-formatted-partition.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-partition-and-want-to-recover-software.178895/
Relevancy 33.54%

using 2600K with Intel HD3000 integrated GPU and ASROCK EXTREME4 Motherboard

- also using 2x nvidia GTX 560ti GPU

PROBLEM:

When I connect a display to the motherboards DVI/HDMI port the intel HD3000 GPU seems to take "priority". Games will run sluggish like the 560ti GPU's are not being used at all. I realise that I could use another port in my GPUs but that is not relevant to my question.

Is it possible to use the motherboards DVI/HDMI port and also utilise the GPUs or will they always be disabled in this case?

I expect the solution might be something simple but I haven't found it. Latest GPU/Lucid Virtu drivers.

A:Intel HD 3000 GPU question

Schmutz said:

Is it possible to use the motherboards DVI/HDMI port and also utilise the GPUs or will they always be disabled in this case?Click to expand...

Why would you want to do this anyway? Do your GPUs not have the DVI/HDMI connections you want?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-hd-3000-gpu-question.177911/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello guys Can you help me My friend has this Lexar USB Flash Disk She asks me to delete some folders and even the Secure II folder We thought that it is nothing because Lexar not II Windows 7 the software recognizable Secure after removing in usually if it s the application of the USB it should have been the name of the USB like for example in Western Digital I have this external Lexar not recognizable in Windows 7 after removing the Secure II software USB WD it also has an application inside it but the name of the folder is WD Anyway since the folder got deleted once we put the USB to any ports of our laptop PC and even in the television it s not recognizable The drive is not detected at all Lexar not recognizable in Windows 7 after removing the Secure II software even though there s a drive G for removable drive With this I searched for a solution and I found some solution but it did Lexar not recognizable in Windows 7 after removing the Secure II software not work for me - In disk management you have to changed the drive rebooted the PC even having the Secure II downloaded application that was deleted Unfortunately I cannot copy it inside the Lexar USB because it s not recognizable And in the device manager there s no exclamation point All drivers are okay Any resolution Thank you nbsp

A:Lexar not recognizable in Windows 7 after removing the Secure II software

"Any resolution?"

Yes, replace the Lexar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lexar-not-recognizable-in-windows-7-after-removing-the-secure-ii-software.176681/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi guys, bought a new PC recently and got everything set up fine, except the GPU.

Its all installed correctly but when I go to install the drivers from either Windows Update or the given CD and restart to save changes, I lose video signal.

I see the boot screen and Windows 7 loading bar, afterwards my screen says "Mode not supported".

I'm using the Nvidia 560 Ti and my screen is a Samsung LE19R86BD.

Is the installation possibly switching to 1080 while my monitor isn't supporting it?

A:No video signal after installing GPU software/drivers

I've read that there are times when the driver can't properly read the EDID data from the TV, and causes display problem. Can you boot into safe mode, change the display setting to 1440x900, then reboot into normal mode? Looks like your nVidia card has both HDMI & DVI connection, maybe try changing connection from one type to the other?

The driver I found on nVidia's site is version 285.62. Is that what you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-signal-after-installing-gpu-software-drivers.173192/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all I have a bit of a problem wondering if someone could help, I am running windows7 64 bit It's just coming up to a year old, I had this same problem when i uninstalled Norton but I called someone and they help me remove the key that was stopping the dvd rom from working, I Now am having the same problem scince I uninstalled avg and reinstalled it. I would do what I was told to before but I cannot remember what i have to do again :/ I know it is in regedit some where but not sure on where to go after, Any help or advice would be great thank you. It will play cds but not dvds :/
thanx in advance

A:DVD will not read DVDs or DVD software but will play CDs

Do you have a Windows Vista or 7 install disk? Or even a restore disk if its a branded PC. All of those should be DVDs, so see if you can boot the computer from that disk (you won't actually go through any of the install process, just see if it boots from the disk). This will ensure that your dvd laser didn't die. The laser for cd and dvd reading are different, so it is possible that one could die while the other is still good.

You may be exactly right with it being a registry thing, but if you have a bootable disk that is a dvd we can easily rule out a hardware issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-will-not-read-dvds-or-dvd-software-but-will-play-cds.174835/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all just signed up here I for Dell New 3000 Dimension PSU did ask this Q on the intro thread but after I read that no questions should be New PSU for Dell Dimension 3000 asked there I had my Dimension in standby when we had a power-cut and next time I looked I had the flashing amber power light After reading up on possible causes I disconnected everything lifter the bonnet and popped the battery Checked battery was OK and refitted then just connected the power lead I noticed a single green flash accompanied by a jolt of the fans then the usual amber flashing light Green light in m b was on So I just went round and re-fitted all power leads and gave everything a wiggle I even lifted the RAM Tried again - same Put the RAM back and thought I d try a different mains socket why not but as I plugged the lead into the PC - BANG Power lead A fuse is OK but no lights at all now Any idea if a fresh PS HP-P FWP will fix things Many thanks guys nbsp

A:New PSU for Dell Dimension 3000

That is a base line computer with a barely adequate power supply and the simplest, least expensive of motherboards. You can replace the power supply easily for $35 or so... and with a used one for half that. You might want to borrow a PSU to power up and be certain the problem is not the system board itself.
Look at the back of your case to get the configuration right, as many power supplies will not fit due to the placement of the power socket vs what the case allows. You do not need to use a Dell PSU, but you need to assure the power socket is in the right place.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-psu-for-dell-dimension-3000.174336/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi would be grate if anyone can help, looking for a software that overclocks the cpu, if their is any. Looking for something like rivatuner. Just want to add that i know i can change it in the bios just want to know if their is a windows prog like rivatuner.

Regards.

A:Overclocking software

Hi foxalot and welcome to Techspot If you happen to be on an AMD platform there is always AMD Overdrive. Motherboard manufacturers also offer assorted OC tools that would be specific to your hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-software.171804/
Relevancy 20.64%

have a WD hard drive WD 2500Me passport HDD , some reasons its not been recognized on any of the pcs in the house.
Please could one help with softwares as lost the manufacturer disc and WD website not helping at all. or any advice got most of my works on it
thanks

A:WD HDD software/advice

Just in case, you could try to reboot your computer with the hdd plugged in, to see if it makes any difference.
Is the hdd recognized by Disk Management (Start-Run "diskmgmt.msc")?
If you boot your computer with the hdd plugged in, is it recognized by your BIOS?
Another option is that it's not getting enough power from your USB port, some external hdds come with two USB cables, one for power and one for data transfer.

There is also a chance that your hdd is dead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hdd-software-advice.169494/
Relevancy 20.21%

Can anyone who has hands on experience with PC diagnostics software and/or hardware recommend any particular software or hardware testers.

How good is AIDA64, a review I read on this looks quite impressive.

There are many motherboard and general hardware testers on ebay, are there any that stand out as being particularly reliable that will also work on laptops..

I am also interested in finding good data retrieval software for recovering data from faulty and/or corrupt hard drives. Are there any that perform better than Stella Phoenix.

I repair a few PC's a month and it would be very useful to have some equipment that can confirm the health of mobo's and CPU's without having to diagnose by a process of elimination.

I don't have the finance to experiment with the various testers that are available.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

A:PC diagnostics software/hardware

This type of Computer testing hardware and software is not really necessary or even useful to an experienced computer tech. The motherboard testers are only as good as the tech is. A shorted data bus will give false results at best. The useful tools include a spare power supply, an inexpensive power supply tester, spare memory, a spare IDE and SATA Desktop hard drive (and notebook drives) and a good true RMS multimeter... and that's it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-diagnostics-software-hardware.165470/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have an acer Ferrari 3000 notebook and the screen isn't working. I've had it for a while and its been in the cupboard because the screens goosed. I've taken it to bits and there are 2 wires to the bottom right of the screen that look like they should be connected into a socket on the right of the inverter. there's no plugs on the end of the wires. could this be the problem with the screen?

cheers in advance.

A:Acer Ferrari 3000 screen problems

Yes, these wires might have pulled out of the inverter connector, and this connector might still be inserted into the inverter. Look carefully. You might have to take the laptop in to a repair shop to have this fixed with spare parts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-ferrari-3000-screen-problems.165706/
Relevancy 17.63%

recently I have wanted to get into video editing and I decided to try out a few different video editing software tools I tried windows movie maker first and it kept skipping when I would preview clips and freezing The same thing is happening with the trial version of adobe s premiere elements trial version For adobe it told me to download the latest video driver that was compatible so i did and it allowed me to see my videos and use it a little bit but it would not be able to keep up and would freeze occasionally Does this have to do with my graphics card This is what I could find of my computers information i typed dxdiag in run System Operating system Windows Home Premium bit Build System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System if I card editing upgrade video for software should Wondering video model Satellite A BIOS InsydeH Version Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX And I guess this is my graphics card Name NVIDIA GeForce M Chip Type Geforce M DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC Approx Total Memory MB Current Display mode x bit Hz If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated thank you P s I m not very computer savvy so keep that in mind - nbsp

A:Wondering if I should upgrade video card for video editing software

yes the graphics card seems to be the weak link in your setup, you could try searching for msi afterburner to try to overclock your graphics card but failing that i would upgrade your graphics card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-if-i-should-upgrade-video-card-for-video-editing-software.159073/
Relevancy 32.68%

i am thinking of upgrading my dell dimension 3000 to a HIS ATI RADEON HD4350 512MB PCI 4350 graphics card

would this card be compatible with my computer? i know the dell is old and shitty but i just want to get some good, faster graphics on it for a little bit of gaming. on the dell website it says that the D3000 has a maximum 32-bit graphics option but this new card is 64-bit. would it work?

cheers, if you need specs i can put them up later

A:Dell Dimension 3000 graphics upgrade

All you need do is check that your PC matches the minimum, or better, system specs at the bottom of this page.

http://www1.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=263

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-3000-graphics-upgrade.163962/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi everyone I have recently acquired a Lenovo N -BXG and like many people with the N have massive USB problems Now I have read up and discovered problem Help 3000 resolving N100? Lenovo USB with that this is a problem with the BIOS which seems to affect all the available BIOS except the version for machines preloaded with Vista - well I have the BIOS for Help resolving USB problem with Lenovo 3000 N100? machines preloaded for XP I have read that I can flash the BIOS to an earlier version designed for the C specifically that contained in the af us exe update DL A WPH which is I think the BIOS - then I can reboot and it will then allow me to flash to the fixed ie USB working properly BIOS Now for the meat of Help resolving USB problem with Lenovo 3000 N100? the question I have installed Win on the laptop as it came with no HDD thus no recovery partition etc Do I Help resolving USB problem with Lenovo 3000 N100? have to wipe this install and install WinXP Pro in order to perform the BIOS flash Can it be done from Win safely or at all I have never flashed any BIOS except my router although I am fairly confident that I have read and understood everything required My problem is that I don t really understand the detail of BIOS and am only able to post this due to scouring other people s posts on this and other forums Can anyone out there confirm that I have the process correct and answer my questions Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me Stokey EDIT The laptop has no battery at all - I know it is recommended to have a charged battery before BIOS flashing but is it essential or just a precaution in case of power failure from the AC Can anyone tell me how to create a BIOS repair boot disk in case it all goes horribly wrong Since there is a USB problem with the existing BIOS I would have to use a disk not a flash drive as using the keyboard currently disconnects any USB device so I couldn t run anything in DOS from a USB nbsp

A:Help resolving USB problem with Lenovo 3000 N100?

If there is a downloadable Windows based bios flashing utility from Lenovo for your model laptop you should be able to use it to flash the bios without much trouble, regardless of the Windows version installed. Don't worry about having no battery installed. Bios flashing should never be done on battery power alone. If the laptop can boot from the CD/DVD you could flash the bios using a CD/DVD image. You will also have an option to back up the current bios to a file. If the bios flashing fails, the laptop may be rendered useless, so no recovery can be attempted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-resolving-usb-problem-with-lenovo-3000-n100.162480/
Relevancy 33.54%

Ok i just bought a new 1gb ddr ram stick for it and wanna upgrade it more budget its prob about 300

i wanna use this for wow

i know somethings i need new like power supply um mobo graphics card want to keep ram if possible

Mainly wanna upgrade graphics and powers supply

other cheap upgrades will work too

I would love if someone could create list for me budget 300 but go cheap

A:Dell Dimension 3000

If you would like suggestions for upgrading, you will have to post your system specifications. Otherwise it's impossible to suggest an upgrade.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-3000.157408/
Relevancy 20.21%

do anyone know how to repair this? on my both pcs is it same but on another it is ok

youtube.com/watch?v=rcL27vmrqYQ

A:Unsynchronized buttons and images in software

You need to give more details, your OS and what the programs are.

The Utube link does not work, you cannot post links until you have made five posts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsynchronized-buttons-and-images-in-software.161471/
Relevancy 31.82%

My laptop was working fine last summer until the Windows Genuine Advantage kept popping up telling me it wanted to verify if my OS was valid I tried to shut it down or disable it and windows started to behave strangely to the point that it would not load at all I purchased the laptop in December from Micro Center in Houston brand new I have the sticker on the laptop that tells me the OS is valid Lenovo did not ship with the rescue and recovery disks instead it has a rescue partition The rescue partition would not restore the laptop So I tried the rescue and recovery DVD I created Somehow it did not create the product recovery CDs When I called Lenovo about this problem they belittled me and then charged me for the set of Product CDs I thought my troubles were Professional Problems Lenovo laptop XP 3000 restoring N100 over wrong After installing the CDs windows almost loaded and then it went to the blue screen of death This happened Problems restoring Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop XP Professional a few times I tried reinstalling the disks and everytime I would receive a Problems restoring Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop XP Professional different error message it is missing drivers it can t locate a file etc Today Problems restoring Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop XP Professional it returned The application or DLL X minint system umpnpmgr dll is not a valid Windows image Please check this against your installation diskette Product Recovery could not find file Z UBREC CMD I called Lenovo and again no help I am at a loss My laptop was fine until the Microsoft Genuine Advantage pop-up kept showing up And Lenovo is not providing any support for the faulty CDs they sold me Can someone help me nbsp

A:Problems restoring Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop XP Professional

I don't think XP is sold any longer, but if you can find an XP install disc, you can use it to delete the old partition(s) and freshly format the hard drive and install XP correctly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-restoring-lenovo-3000-n100-laptop-xp-professional.160428/
Relevancy 20.21%

use a dell c600 latitude, when i try to open windows xp pro. service pack 1 i get the message windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system 32\config\system.. you can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup cd-rom select r at the first screnn to start repair. I have tried to reinstall and i keep getting the same message, any key i hit restarts the computer? has anyone had a problem like this and if so please tell me how to slove this step by step. how do you wipe out the harddrive and start all over? I can get to f2 setup and f8 but nothing works....need help, thanks

A:Dell c600 software

I've followed these steps anytime i've had this error.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-c600-software.160637/
Relevancy 20.21%

The card (Geforce 9600 GSO) has been fine for a year or so since i bought it, but a few days ago while ALT-TABBING between screens it locked up and crashed the PC.
I get the following message when i use the device manager "find a solution"

Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 43.

I have tried reinstalling the card and drivers but it seems to make no difference.

any help appreciated

A:Graphics card driver software won't run

You can try using system restore to a point before this crash.

If that doesn't work:

try using driver sweeper to clean it out.

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Then go the NVIDIA web site and install the drivers.

What sort of problems are you experiencing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-driver-software-wont-run.159338/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have a significant problem with my computers not recognizing my d-link router. I screwed something up today and now my router won't work. I have had the router for years working just fine, but today I was trying to connect a new kindle which wouldn't connect to the Wi-Fi and I lost the router after screwing around with configuration.

Basically I've been trying to re-install the router, I changed the SSID but it appears the d-link quick router setup software recognizes the modem as the router and won't re-intall my router thus denying me access. Has anyone ever ran into a situation such as this? Please help...

A:D-Link Software recognizing modem as Router, router not working

Find the reset switch (usually a smal hole and you press a paper clip into it for ~5sec).

That will bring it back to day-1 default settings.

Unless you are attaching to the modem/router using USB, there's no software to be installed
(that's only used for USB) - -
just cable the eithernet cable to a LAN port on the router and then you can configure it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-software-recognizing-modem-as-router-router-not-working.155807/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just built a computer. My dvd drive is a Lite-On ATAPI iHAS124 B ATA Device. i can use it to read discs and it seemed fine till i tried to burn a dvd with windows dvd maker. It cant find a DVD burning drive. I tried different programs with the same results. I went into the device manager and device properties, and under its general properties in "device status" it says "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)". I have gone to the Lite-On site and looked for its drivers to download and the closest i could find was iHas120. Ive tried looking on other websites but have had no luck. I am running Windows 7 64bit Home edition. Hope someone can help. i know its dvd+r rewriteable drive, it says so right on it.

A:DVD drive isn't being recognized by burning software

Try this firmware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-isnt-being-recognized-by-burning-software.155572/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello Everyone !

I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 0768FGG model. I'm facing a problem when I press any key on the keyboard any device connected to USB port disconnects and reconnects. This is really frustrating I've been searching for the solution on the internet for quite some time and I came across this board. So please can anyone help me with this problem? It will be a great help if anyone can advise a solution..... Thanks

Kind Regards

Faisal

A:USB disconnects when any key is pressed on the keyboard : Lenovo 3000 N100

Yes Faisal,
a bios upgrade will fix this issue. Check for a bios update from Lenovo support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-disconnects-when-any-key-is-pressed-on-the-keyboard-lenovo-3000-n100.139004/
Relevancy 32.68%

when i try dxdiag the buttons in directX features is ghosted and disabled i dont know how to enabled it... my directX is version 10 and when i start warcraft 3... it has an error... warcraft 3 unable to initialize it hast to be 8.1 or newer...
and i don't know what to do in the errors in my device manager
there is a video controller and VGA compatible <----- no idea and when i try some intel graphics controller it always says it CODE 10 cannot start...
and i dont know my chipsets PLSSSS HELP MEEEEE if know anything to fix my problem plsss help... if you want to know anything in order to help me just ask me

A:Many problems with Lenovo laptop 3000 G430

code 10 problems...

Hi Code 10 errors are linked to a driver that needs updating. You say when you look at 'dxdiag' screen the display is twisted, but that could well be part of the same problem. If you can see what you are doing, go into device manager, look for the entries that have a yellow triangle next to them. Right-click on each one, and choose 'update driver'. As long as you are connected to the net, you should get the driver updated. You probably will need to reboot your PC to have the new driver be effective. Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-problems-with-lenovo-laptop-3000-g430.153304/
Relevancy 31.82%

i lately changed my hard drive, dvd burner and memory in a dell 3000 but have not been able to install the windows. the diagnostic light d is yellow.help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-3000-diagnostic-light-is-yellow-after-hardware-upgrade.150339/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi i'm new here!!

Well 'im thinking to upgrade the Mobo of this old PC

MotherBoard:

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Thats the mobo, with an I5 750 Processor and Corsair 550 Watts

This will work in that case....?

P.S: I'm not too good with the english

A:Upgrading a Dell Dimension 3000

You have to make sure the form factor will fit your case.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_form_factor
That mobo wil not fit into your old case, you should just buy a new cheap case that fits your new mobo's form factor and swap everything over. Make sure you have enough ide\sata cables with your new mobo to connect your devices such as your cd rom, floppy drive hard drive etc. If you need to you can buy cheap sata to ide converters and ide to sata.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-a-dell-dimension-3000.147163/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all, I have a Lenovo 3000 C200.

I have the problem where when there is USB device plugged in and a key on the keyboard is pressed it is disconnected/ejected.

I've tried updating BIOS just just get a BSOD!

I have searched till I'm blue in the face for a solution and just can't find one.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Rob

A:Lenovo 3000 C200 and USB disconnecting problem

This problem is known on the Lenovo 3000... you might look on the Lenovo or Thinkpad sites for more assistance on how to resolve it. But There are some major defects that appear on some Lenovo 3000 system boards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-3000-c200-and-usb-disconnecting-problem.147174/
Relevancy 20.21%

Greetings all.

I've been looking for the system software that came with my Asus p4p800 AI motherboard.
I can't find it anywhere. Or I'll be sent to a site that will sell it to me for $
I hope someone out there has it, and is willing to share it in a download.

Thanks in advance

sparkie4080

A:System software needed

Look for it on the ASUS support website

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-software-needed.146772/
Relevancy 32.25%

I reinstalled windows and I cant login to IE.
I downloaded the drivers from dell but I still cant go onto the internet.
Under deviec Manage I have a yellow question mark " Ethernent"
I did download all the drivers for this type of computer and I installed and still missing this driver. help me please or tell me in what category or where I can download this driver.
Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-3000-i-reinstalled-windows-and-i-cant-login-to-ie.146200/
Relevancy 20.64%

Can anyone recomend the best software that will allow me to burn movies(AVI & DivX formats) that my Xbox 360 can play?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-buning-software.145923/
Relevancy 30.96%

is the p5k premium/wifi-af compatable which Intel Core2 Quad processor can i upgrade to from the one i have
thanks

A:Core2 Quad processor to replace CPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3000 MHz (9

You already asked this here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic145552.html, try to keep it to one thread.
Anyway, yes it is and I personally don't think its worth upgrading your processor, nor buying a gtx 480. Probably be cpu choked either way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core2-quad-processor-to-replace-cpu-type-dualcore-intel-core-2-duo-e8400-3000-mhz-9.145550/
Relevancy 19.78%

I would like something that will not ask all kind of questions and will do a good job of protecting me. If anyone can answere this I would appreciate a link.

Thanks

A:A good firewall (software) compactable with with Windows XP

XP has its own firewall which is good enough to do the job,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-good-firewall-software-compactable-with-with-windows-xp.143698/
Relevancy 20.21%

This is my notebook spec Intel R Core TM solo CPU problem? or Software Hardware U GHz CHz Ram GB Bit Geforce G M Cuda MB Vista Directx Well its only month since i brought this Software or Hardware problem? notebook and it was all working fine until weeks ago when i try to install need for speed shift and it some how change my directx then i try to play the game but i was too laggy so i uninstalled it but now i can t even watch a movie with out the short pause in sound and graphic i can t even play the counter strike condition zero and warcraft with out lagging i won t is this got to do with my hardware or software anyway of fixing it BTW before i had installed Prototype and it change my directx to c it was when i brought it and it was working fine but when i install NFS shift it changed to DX and now i update my computer it was DX and the short pause got Software or Hardware problem? more frequenly anyone got this Software or Hardware problem? problem nbsp

A:Software or Hardware problem?

If your laptop came with a windows vista back-up cd, use it. Be sure to back up important files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-or-hardware-problem.143792/
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm trying to figure out if one of these is more powerful than the other or if they're both about the same (JUST from a performance standpoint). Any help would be much appreciated!

-Intel Pentium 4 1.3GHz, 512 MB RAMBUS
-AMD Athlon XP 3000+ (Barton) 2.167 GHz

A:Comparing Processors: Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz vs AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.1 GHz

Consider reading this article.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comparing-processors-intel-pentium-4-1-3-ghz-vs-amd-athlon-xp-3000-2-1-ghz.141608/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi!

So I have an "Infinity USB" (s/n:020019804) and an
"Infinity USB Phoenix compatible" (s/n:021042244).

I don't know if the serial number will help...but I included
it any way...

thx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-find-drivers-and-software-for-infinity-usb-chip-reader.141434/
Relevancy 32.68%

I bought a ATI Radeon 7000, installed it in my Dell Dimension 3000, and the PC won't boot. Any suggestions of what to do? Is the card not compatible?

A:Graphics card for Dell Dimension 3000

It has been a while since I had my hands in a Dimension 3000, but as I recall, that machine only will accept PCI graphics cards.
The ATI Radeon 7000 is/was an AGP card, designed for older MacIntosh AGP 4X boards.

Does your Dell have an AGP slot? Or is my memory fading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-for-dell-dimension-3000.139950/
Relevancy 20.21%

IdidmyC600,

I am looking for your password in your sig, But i cant find it. can you help?
It is for the software, svctag.rar and SERVICETAG.rar

thanks,

A:Downloaded software but need password

Where did you download it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/downloaded-software-but-need-password.134464/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello Help Card upgrade Dimension with new 3000: Dell Graphics everyone I bought NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Card PCI MB but when I put it in all I got was a black scrren would not load up So took it off an the pc load up just fine can anyone please help me I lost I have well read you guys talkin about it but not really sure here an I don t wanna do something that will Dell Dimension 3000: Help with new Graphics Card upgrade mess up my p c thanks everyone P C Specs Operating System System Model Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Dell Computer Corporation Dimension System Service Tag WCM support for this PC Chassis Serial Number WCM Enclosure Type Mini-Tower Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Celeron kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Not hyper-threaded Board Dell Computer Corp TC Serial Number CN KA YF Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Computer Corporation A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space SONY CD-RW CRX E CD-ROM drive SONY DVD-ROM DDU CD-ROM drive WDC WD BB- JHC Hard drive GB -- drive SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon Administrator PM admin CHUI PM admin local system accounts Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account Amyuni PDF Converter on XPDELL Printer Amyuni PDF Converter on LPT Lexmark Print- -Fax Printer on XPDELL Printer Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Intel R EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller Intel R G Graphics Controller Display adapter DELL E FP Monitor quot vis s n Y D MGL April Bus Adapters Multimedia Intel R EB USB Universal Host Controller - D Intel R EB USB Universal Host Controller - D Intel R EB USB Universal Host Controller - DE Intel R EB USB Enhanced Host Controller - DD SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device nbsp

A:Dell Dimension 3000: Help with new Graphics Card upgrade

You said you "put it in" I hate to ask a stupid question but did you run the installation CD/DVD that came with it?

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-3000-help-with-new-graphics-card-upgrade.135373/
Relevancy 19.35%

I m using an issue? suddenly software broken or stopped card working. Video NVidia Video card suddenly stopped working. broken or software issue? GT video card or I was Over the last few weeks every once in a while my monitor would get no signal Once I restarted the computer the signal was restored and everything was fine I got a pretty bad virus this weekend and shortly after I managed to finally fix my system my video card no longer sends any signal at all It doesn t matter which port on the card I plug my monitor into I get no signal Restarting no longer solves the issue The monitor works fine if I plug it into the VGA port on the back of my computer so I know its not that When I opened the tower up I noticed it was pretty dusty inside My question is this Was the timing just a coincidence Is my card fried to to dust buildup overheating or did the removal of the infected files somehow remove something that allowed my card to be detected and run nbsp

A:Video card suddenly stopped working. broken or software issue?

Video cards are among the most common failure components in a computer over the past three years in our part of the Southwest.... Whether nVidia or ATI

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-suddenly-stopped-working-broken-or-software-issue.132838/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have puchased a HDTV recently which I would like to connect it with my desktop, but there's only VGA port in my desktop. I tried used the VGA to DVI converter adapter, but it seems like doesn't work. So I would like to install the DVI add-on interface board (which have the DVI port) directly to my desktop, is there anyone know which one I should get?
P.S. My desktop is Dell Dimension 3000

A:Dimension 3000

The Dell Dimension 3000 is a very good, but very basic computer. It is known for reliability, but not for expandability.
You do not have an adequate power supply to be adding much, and you are limited on video graphics.
the VGA to DVI converter adapters seldome work in those Dell series from 2200, 2300, 2400, 3000, and when they do, they do not last.
Strongly consider whether you want to shorten the life of your Dimension 3000, as that is a likely result.
The money you will spend to perform reliable upgrades could better be spent on a good used system with a PCI-e slot and a power supply with better output.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dimension-3000.132785/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi guys I have a problem on my computer Dell Dimension after I upgraded the new PCI graphics card yesterday I followed the steps by step guides Dell Problems Dimension 3000 Upgrades that came with the product and it s working fine and good However when I play games online for a long time the graphics are starting to get all messed up I bought the nViDiA GeForce GS Graphics Card with MB DDR Before buying this graphics card I have been browsing the Internet about what to buy and such but when I went to Best Buy they Dell Dimension 3000 Upgrades Problems told me this is the only graphics card that can work with my Dell Dimension so I bought it anyway So my question to you guys quot Is this a good graphics card for my computer or shall i buy a better one online quot Please tell me what you think and by the way one thing confused me is that in my computer there is slots of PCI card slot but when I put the new Graphics card they asked me to replace the old one with a new one So I don t know if I should have left it there and install the new one on the other slot since there s slots anyway Is it also the reason why my graphics card is acting all crazy And for my last question is quot Should I get a new Power Supply for my Computer quot because I heard with the new graphics card a new power supply is needed with at least around - Watts But others also say that power supply can t be upgraded easily because it is attached to the motherboard nbsp

A:Dell Dimension 3000 Upgrades Problems

Hi 6one9,

After taking a brief glimpse of the computer specs and the card specs, it looks like the card is actually a PCI-e interface as opposed to the Dell Dimension 3000 which only has PCI expansion slots.

That aside, the card you bought is a decent card that should play all games at a moderate graphic level. The power supply that you have seems to do the job. If you needed one, you would notice right away when the computer would not start up.

What is the service tag on the computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-3000-upgrades-problems.132708/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, hopefully someone here can help me! I've recently bought a new monitor, dell S2309W, but unfortunately I can't get the resolution on my computer so I'm stuck with a super stretched screen. Pretty annoying. After looking through lots of forums and the dell site it seems I might just need a new graphics card as the inbuilt one possibly can't support the required resolution (1920x1080), I'm stuck on 1280x1024 which is the maximum. I've found out the computer, a dell dimension 3000, only has PCI slots, no PCI-E or AGP, so I'm quite limited on what graphics card I can get.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what will fix my monitor resolution problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

A:PCI graphics card for Dell Dimension 3000

Hi James,
as far as pci cards go im not sure if this is the top dog, but its up there
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130451
don't expect to much in the way of gaming

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-graphics-card-for-dell-dimension-3000.132357/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello! I have recorded several TV shows that I'm willing to edit, mainly I want to cut the commecial ads and create a title before and show begins.

I have recorded this from a DVD recorder, so all this are finalized as standard DVD, I know how to rip them to my hdd via clone DVD, so I keep the VIDEO_TS folder, however the encription to MPEG takes too long, and since I also want to record again to DVD, what is my best choice to save time ( I have over 50 DVD discs that needs to be edited) and keep the best quality for my final DVD.

I don't know which software could allow me to use the same origin files, or what options do I have. I would really appreciate your help

Thank you!

A:Need help on Video Editing, choosing software

You need to convert the video files to AVI or MPEG to edit frames, then copy to DVD afterwards to the original DVD format. I use CyberLink PowerDVD, there is most likely better software, that.s what came with my PC and it does the job pretty good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-video-editing-choosing-software.131363/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello,

at work I have deleted some files from a network drive. I have tried recuva, undelete and one or one or two others. they will not let me scan a network drive.

It isn't a major problem - and it would be quicker to recreate the items that to manually get the drive out and connect it locally - but is there free software that would let me recover deleted files over a network?

thanks

gubar

A:Deleted file recovery software that will work on network drive?

Have you seen this software:
http://www.active-undelete.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/deleted-file-recovery-software-that-will-work-on-network-drive.130629/
Relevancy 33.11%

I need help upgrading my dell dimension 3000 desktop computer. I already upgraded the memory to 2 GB (the most it can hold) and the graphics card to a PNY GeForce 5200 256mb PCI card. Now i am wondering what the best move would be to add. would it be a proccesor, a motherboard, or something else. I do not want to buy a new computer and I am going to use it as a school computer. I also would like to be able to play the game "Last Chaos". please help.

P.S. the game URL is lastchaos.aeriagames.com

A:Upgrading Dell Dimension 3000

Well what is your current processor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-dell-dimension-3000.128645/
Relevancy 20.21%

Some IT professionals have to deal with hardware issues, software and anything else causing strife. That is what this is all about!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-a-thread-that-covers-hardware-software-and-everything.129085/
Relevancy 33.11%

I recently had to restore my laptop to factory default settings because of a virus that i had caught on my computer. With doing that i installed all of lenovo software for my computer such as sound drivers, built in webcam etc..my computer works fine but the only thing im having problems with is the usb ports. They are not reading any external devices such as my microphone and usb external devices..

Ive been researching and i think its the bios but not sure i downgraded to the previous bios but with doin that the sound didnt work and the wireless internet wasnt read either..then i updated to the bios and everything works fine except the usb ports still.i also tried to update the ports and uninstalling and reinstalling but it still didnt work

if anybody has any ideas on how to get this problem please reply to this post please its very appreciated

A:USB problem with lenovo 3000 n100

See How to Reinstall Your USB Controllers and Motherboard Chipset Drivers
See USB Device Problems? Check for Windows Updates as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-problem-with-lenovo-3000-n100.128681/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have the 0768-a49 model which came with vista business. I downgraded to XP pro sp2 ever since then i've been having alot of problems. I even try going back to vista, but didn't help, so i just kept it at xp........1-finger print reader doesn't work. installed driver, installed software,nothing. 2-same thing with bluetooth. the wifi and bluetooth switch is the same. wifi works, bluetooth doesn't come on at all. 3-usb connect disconnect when i press any button on the keyboard-tried different bios like stated in the other thread, but didnt work. 4-sound works,but when i plug a headphone i get sound on from both headphones and laptop speakers. Can someone help me solve these problems, especially the usb. I been using alot of flash cards and i can't connect them to transfer files.....

A:Nothing but problems with Lenovo n100 3000

You should go to the Lenovo Driver Matrix, to download and install all drivers listed, using the text explanations exactly.
When done properly, your Lenovo 0768-A49 will work just fine.
As a shortcut, you can install the Systems update 3.14 by your model:
H100
J100
J105
J110
J115
J200
J200p
J205
K100
Q100
S200
S205
. C200
N100
N200
V100
V200
Y100
Or you can connect to the Lenovo site and let their system tell you what you need and install it for you.
Basically, you need the Chipset most importantly, being sure your BIOS is up to date.
The Matrix will show you exactly what you need... it can be as many as 35 download installs, depending on your exact model.
Or you can buy the Lenovo WXP Professional disk set by telephone for less than $50 including shipping.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nothing-but-problems-with-lenovo-n100-3000.107979/
Relevancy 20.64%

Emachine T5026
XP
1+ gb ram
350 gb HDD (brand new)
160 gb HDD (came with system)
Motherboard (no idea)
This is my problem, when I bootup with the 160gb HDD, it gets as far as the windows logo and freezes. I install the new HDD and try to install windows on it and it downloads all the way until it say "starting windows", then it also freezes.
I reboot the new harddrive and let it download until it ask me to hit F6 the hit F2 which I do, then it ask me to install the windows automated system recovery disk. I can not do that because my machine does not have a floppy disk drive, I do have a USB external floppy but the machine does not allow to direct it to that external drive.
Can anyone advise me how to fix this problem or am I doomed to visit the geek guys?

A:Hardware or software

"Hardward or softward" Do you mean "Hardware or Software"? Your eMachine motherboard or power supply has gone bad on you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-or-software.127896/
Relevancy 20.21%

i recently installed a creative soundblaster 5.1 on an asus K8V mobo running XP. it does a good job but i miss the equalizer that came with the original Realtek on-board sound.

is there some simple equalizer software that can take the place of the creative mixer, or maybe be placed between the mixer and the speakers?

A:Simple equalizer software?

I'm sure Creative Labs has some kind of audio utility available to download. I know my X-Fi came with all kinds of extra software in addition to the drivers. There are also media players, such as Nullsoft Winamp, that feature simple EQ functionality... if you are only looking to mix music.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/simple-equalizer-software.128118/
Relevancy 19.78%

A follow-up to my previous thread:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic127696.html

I, with the help of other generous members, have concluded that my USB drive has automatically deleted the important & only files that I had on the drive... is there any file recovery software besides Recuva that are freeware and can restore the files from USB?

Anyone who needs more information is kindly requested to go back to the original thread ( http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic127696.html ) and he/she can infer what I am referring to.

Thank you in advance.

A:How should I recover lost files on my usb using a File Recovery Software?

there are several software that you can use.
When it comes to recovering lost files, I prevfer Runtime's GetDataBack for FAT or NTFS, your USB Flash drive will most likely be running a fat file system, so use GetDataback for FAT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-should-i-recover-lost-files-on-my-usb-using-a-file-recovery-software.127759/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am currently trying to upgrade my dell dimension 3000 computer. I am about to put in 2 gigs of ram and am trying to figure out what video card I should use. The computer only has a PCI slot and at max I can spend $100 but would prefer to use less. can someone help me find a suitable video card?

P.S. The video card in it now is at about 94 MB

A:Upgrading Dimension 3000

Get a GeForce 6200 or FX5500 PCI card and call it a day.

What are you going to use the computer for BTW?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-dimension-3000.126129/
Relevancy 19.78%

Blue Dell screen with
Press F2 to enter setup....lasts a few seconds.
Black screen with
Initializing Intel Boot Agent Version 3.0.83
PXE 2.0 Build 078 [WFM 2.0] RPL V2.73
A Disc Read Error Occurred- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to Restart
Page closes and repeats after 15 seconds or so
....Thanks for your opinion

A:Dell Inspiron 4000 No Boot > Hardware or Software?

Welcome... I see this is your first post.

For Improving Your First Post, try looking here...
www.techspot.com/vb/topic33297.html

An improved post will generate better response.
Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-4000-no-boot-hardware-or-software.126995/
Relevancy 20.21%

Well once upon a time months ago my brother had a laptop which had an issue Starting with a f d intake fan leading to a f d Gig HDD and CPU I ended up pinching the Gig and have been using it as an external ever since As of yesterday I tried accessing the drive Using a USB - IDE card or a pin - pin adapter to no avail and I got the message quot Error Performing Inpage Operation quot So I booted with Winternals the last time I xferred data was via Winternals Otherwise it has been less than hours since I used it in Windows quot Error Performing Inpage Operation quot So I setup to run chkdsk r hours later it s still running Stage - x File record segments are unreadable Stage - Deleted one index data recovered my with software? Can be entry Stage - OK Stage - Windows replaced bad clusters in file and most files so far to Stage - Pending I m really paranoid that chkdsk Can my data be recovered with software? is corrupting the data and really worried I won t be able to recover it Most of it has been backed up prior to this occasion but there are still a fair few files that MUST be recovered Please any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated Drive NTFS GB HDD Toshiba RPM Data only OS incapable due to errors in the boot sector nbsp Can my data be recovered with software?

A:Can my data be recovered with software?

Recovery Software

Try this one: http://www.z-a-recovery.com/unformat-tutorial.htm
It is free for up to four folder down, ie
C:\Documents and Setting\UserName\My Documents\My Pictures
1,2,3,4 folders down

Here are a lot free ones to choose from
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads38.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-data-be-recovered-with-software.126861/
Relevancy 20.21%

For some reason my cd dvd player has stopped Wont The Software Mystery Read of One CD That working Now my dvd player had The Mystery of One Software CD That Wont Read always been finicky about which things it liked it play--after several years i found the need to reinstall windows and then i installed the latest firmware from sony style and presto everything worked fine i was able to install adobe creative suite no problem that was a few months ago in the meantime i can tell you that i had a nasty hacktool rootkit infection--which i seem to have gotten rid of although i still have some issues such as my symantec antivirus is running but wont show up in the taskbar and i don t always get the required pop-ups when putting cds or usb drives in i ve also recently installed uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes so since i noticed yesterday that out of nowhere my cd dvd drive wasn t working what so ever i checked the device manager no problems i then uninstalled the hardware and scanned for hardware changes that led me to the yellow exclamation point on my cd dvd drive and this message Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device Code I googled this error message and came up with this thread http www hardwareanalysis com content topic --which says iTunes may have caused it and it recommends deleting some registry files to resovle it So I go open regedit--to Hkey Local Machine System CurrentControlSet Control Class d e -e - ce-bfc - be and look for the upper filters and lower filters i only find the lower filters and delete it then rebooted now the drive is listed in device manager and doesn t appear to have issues in fact it works almost perfectly but the one cd i need my adobe cs application cd can t be read i try all other cds including the ones that came with that--they work even a scratched up audio cd i bought works and my application cd doesn t look dirty or scratched and i cleaned it anyway i ve tried dvds and they work then i uninstall the player from device manager again scan for hardware changes let it reinstall but the one cd i need still wont so what could possibly be the issue nbsp

A:The Mystery of One Software CD That Wont Read

If you've always had problems with the drive, why not replace it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-mystery-of-one-software-cd-that-wont-read.126437/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi. Am thinking of purchasing an ASUS Eee, but want to install Microsoft Office 2007 and Money 2005 on it (both on Cd's). Can these 2 programs be copied onto a USB drive and done that way?

Thanks.

A:Installing software on ASUS Eee (no cd-rom)

You could try doing this. No way you could borrow a external USB CD/DVD drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-software-on-asus-eee-no-cd-rom.126398/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a fairly old system and have been thinking about building my next PC vs. purchasing one from a third party vendor (you know, the companies that advertise their rigs in magazines like Maximum PC). I sort of like the security of a warranty and someone to call if something gets dorked up. I built my current PC, but between my job and family I just don't have the idle time I once did.

So, does anyone out there have customer feedback on these companies? I'm looking for a moderate gaming rig...nothing too high end, but something that will run Flight Sim X respectablly (sp?).

A:Third party PC vendor reliability?

Try pugit systems, they put together really clean setups, and have reliable customer service.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/third-party-pc-vendor-reliability.125761/
Relevancy 20.64%

*Don't know if this should be in Other Software, but I thought it should go here, my apologies if this is the wrong forum*

Hello everyone, I'm having some trouble configuring a webserver/game server using No-IP. Both servers work fine, but I personally cannot connect to the servers.

I am currently connected through Ethernet, and it has been suggested to me to attempt to use wireless AND Ethernet at the same time, and I seem to be having trouble with both responding at the same time. Typically, the modem responds, but if its connection goes out, the wireless replaces it.

The No-IP system is configured to my Ethernet connection.

Modem: Actiontec GT701-WG
Router: Linksys WRT54G
Wireless Adapter: Linksys WUSB11 (v2.8)

Any ideas would be appreciated, thank you!

A:No-IP Software Troubles

Setting up a server behind a router is quite treacherous and requires quite some tweaking however this link should solve the problem, Post back if you have troubles

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/FON-WRT54GL/Apache.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-ip-software-troubles.125611/
Relevancy 19.78%

I've been trying to test my CPU's limits and have reached 3.15Ghz.
I've seen this chip get up to 3.4Ghz but i wont be able to reach that without upping the vcore a bit...

i used ClockGen to get it up to 3.1 but there's no option in the software to up the vcore.. if anyone knows of a good AMD Overclocking software other than AMD Overdrive ( doesnt support my chipset) please let me know of it...

thank you,
Pingpongmury

A:5400+ Black Edition Overclocking Software

If you've got an NVidia Chipset, then ntune works.
(I assume it's not an ATI chipset as Overdrive doesn't work)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5400-black-edition-overclocking-software.125305/
Relevancy 20.64%

Is there good encryption software for external or portable hard drives.

A:Encryption Software

TrueCrypt, its free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/encryption-software.123731/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hay i have a dell all stock parts Now tommrow i go to COMPUSA to get a new gfx card and gigs of ram my question is should i just get a new mobo Gcard for my dell and keep everything accpet the nuby W power supply suspiciou since its a dell 3000 help Dell it has a licking celeron D cpu GHz wich Dell 3000 help isent to bad but could be better should i get new one of those aswell by quot those quot i mean cpu or should i quot transplant quot my old celeron D for the win and Dell 3000 help or loss if so im befuttled on what to wrap my greedy lil hands on even tho i only have bout dollers to spend go on get your lulz out blackeye I am also worried about the heatsink of my case im thinking i transplant that aswell OR should i go ahead and try the g card wich is this one newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ya i dont have postes and if i dont like it then just Return it suspiciou Btw im not into COD or cryis i want to play cabal lunia crossfire and so on nothing to epic and out of of those games i can play hardly but still i can play p and im only pumping out a super duper total of mb chipset ddr and m of ram WOOT OH MAN PLEASE HELP ME I THINK IM GETTING STOCKHOLM SYNDROME What should i do nbsp

A:Dell 3000 help

Your Dell windows will not work with another motherboard... so that will be another $94 to $145 depending on what you get where.
The power supply is decent, but it does not have the ability to handle a good graphics card.
Your Dell Dimension 3000 is a simple budget machine that works very well in the format with which it was sold. It doesn't have the slots for a good graphics card. It doesn't have the space for a great power supply.
You will not be able to play those games well enough with this configuration to make you happy.
Adding 2 GB or memory will help, but not enough to make it into a gamer.
Get a decent computer and sell that one to somebody who needs it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-3000-help.123130/
Relevancy 27.09%

My Mobo says the Sempron 3000+ is the highest CPU that it will take, I currently have a Sempron 2800+ is it worth upgrading can get a second hand CPU for about 10 finding it difficult to see what the benefit might be

My Vista number is 2.7 held back by CPU performance

Thanks

A:Sempron 2800+ Vs Sempron 3000+

Not really... doubt you can detect the difference except on very specific program runs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sempron-2800-vs-sempron-3000.122326/
Relevancy 33.11%

ok i have a dell dimension comp here are the specs Code ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name D GTKN Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation System Model Dimension BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode Card name Intel R G Graphics Controller Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R G Graphics Controller DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS D amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ialmrnt dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher i want to play games like cabal rohan ace online World of warcraft and other mmo im not into fps at all thats what i have a ps for my question is should i just get or gb of ram and a new pci gfx card or Should i buy a new mobo and if i buy a new mobo should Dell Dimension upgrade 3000 i buy a new cpu and Processor or keep my old ones of corse i need to buy a new g card and ram stick if i buy the mobo and Dell Dimension 3000 upgrade can i keep my power supply and HDD i only have about dollars but maybe i might sell my psp if its Dell Dimension 3000 upgrade worth it nbsp

A:Dell Dimension 3000 upgrade

its so bad i'd say just build a new computer

sell your psp for 100 - 150 and hope to get around 300 bucks

use some parts from your dell and build a new one =] thats what i would say

i'd reccomend a

e5200 $72 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116072

asus p5ql pro $60 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131329R

ram 2gb $21 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227124

gfx 9800gt $121 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500080

psu $25 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817709012

your total is around $178

just use your old case and etc [hopefully you have a sata hd]

also assuming you live in the us

and those are just some suggestions on parts, but anyways, if you can go find cheaper for those parts, go for it, but yeah, just showing you

have fun!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-3000-upgrade.121416/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a fairly old PC that I built myself Pentium AGP video card I picked up Fallout and well you know the rest of the story The lag nearly sent me into shock I have this beautiful game that I can t play past Commodore specs and it s killing me I get Maximum PC and all the time I come across ads for PC vendors that build custom rigs Since my machine is so dated I ve not kept up with the latest and greatest in terms of CPU technology GPU technology etc Can anyone recommend any of these third party I mean not HP Dell Gateway folks manufacturers or is it still cheaper to build your own rig I don t have a whole ton of time on my hands and I figured in this economy I could find a prebuilt system with tech support that would perform nicely and still wouldn t break the bank a la Alienware My budget is in the - range not including a monitor or printer Suggestions Need PC, party manufacturer any recs? new third nbsp

A:Need new PC, any third party manufacturer recs?

If you cannot build your own PC, then buying a prebuilt one from vendors like CyberPowerPC and iBuyPower is okay.

But otherwise, yes, it is still cheaper to build your own. $1200 will get you an absolutely fantastic machine that will be able to rip through anything you throw at it. Just post your current monitor's max\recommended resolution, and we can give you specific recommendations for the parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-new-pc-any-third-party-manufacturer-recs.120620/
Relevancy 33.11%

All I wish to know is if the bios for the Dimension 3000 (A03) supports a 3.4gHz cpu with 1mb L2 cache and 800mHz fsb

A:Dimension 3000 - 478 socket 3.4ghz cpu?

Can we have the service tag number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dimension-3000-478-socket-3-4ghz-cpu.119535/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi everyone I have a problem that is driving me insane I m Software Toshiba Modem Mystery using a Toshiba Satellite M -S laptop and trying Toshiba Software Modem Mystery to connect to the internet via the Toshiba Software Modem manufactured by Agere I should note that I am in Ukraine I can Toshiba Software Modem Mystery use wireless networking and my network card fine to connect to the internet I was also successful in using the software modem to dial up for a couple months until it completely stopped working The modem would not connect then it would give me sporatic responses when queried so I left it alone for a few months didn t really need to use it Now I m in a situation where I have to get it functioning again Here s the latest - When I set up a dialup connection and try to connect I get DNS error The modem is already in use or not configured properly When I go to hardware manager and open up the modem properties it says Toshiba Software Modem Mystery it is working properly When I go to the diagnostic tab and query the modem it says the port cannot be opened which may be a result of a hardware conflict In device manager no other devices seem to be conflicting however when I check the quot show hidden devices quot option in the quot view quot menu one device is listed with the yellow exclaimation mark quot Serial quot which says quot This device is not present not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed quot I don t know if that s related Back to the modem Here s a list of possibly relevant info -Location PCI bus device function -When queried the log ends with quot Opening the modem device failed with error aa quot -The resources are as follows - I O Range - FF I O - F IRQ -I notice that if i start in safe mode IRQ is I don t know if this matters maybe it s just because of ACPI but there are several devices with IRQ -Under Ports COM amp LPT a printer port is listed but no COM port -I can change COM port for the software modem under quot advanced port settings quot from COM - COM but regardless of which one I select I get the message that the port has been opened by another application I know this is a jumble of information but I hope someone out there can make some sense of it and help me This is pretty important to my work and I don t have the money to hire someone over here to help out I m a Peace Corps volunteer plus its an American computer so hard to find support in Ukraine Thanks and let me know if anyone needs more information or has possible solutions nbsp

A:Toshiba Software Modem Mystery

COM1 uses IRQ4 at address 03f8h
COM2 uses IRQ3 at address 02f8h
You may have disabled these ports in the BIOS and/or in the Device Manager.
Modems try to find COM1 and IRQ4 or COM3 and IRQ4, in most cases.
You can disable COM2 or leave it if already disabled.
Older modems have an IRQ and/or COM jumper on them, but I assume yours is probably a newer type.
Perhaps give us the make/model-number if you can.
Try and remove the PC-card from the PC and uninstall the modem. In Device Manager, tick the option Show Hidden Devices. That modem may be there in a few occurrences.
Reboot without the modem. Then switch off, re-insert the modem. Windows should find new hardware and reinstall it.
The modem could also show more than once in your network settings.
Another place to check would be in IE/Tools/Internet Options/Connections tab.
If that is not set to use Dialup you can't get through.
Don't use proxies if you don't have to.
Try these things out, hopefully they get you going.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-software-modem-mystery.23266/
Relevancy 19.78%

i put a new system on my dell computer and i lost the program to my multimedia controller so if you can help me with it please.

A:How can I find free software for multimedia audio controller

If what you mean by 'new system' is a re-install of the original operating system, then you take the service tag number from your case, surf to the Dell site and enter it and they give you a list of the drivers you originally had.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-free-software-for-multimedia-audio-controller.120255/
Relevancy 20.21%

i'm aware that vista has it's own partitioning functions, but there are too many limitations on it. so are there any for vista 64 bit yet? paragon claims to work, but it doesn't for me. thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partitioning-software-for-vista-64-bit.120040/
Relevancy 20.21%

Been using HP C series all in one printer at home of or not? old software over C6100 C5100 Install new top HP It s going to wife s work now QUESTION Since laptop needs to use C at work amp C at home on the LAPTOP should I install the new software OVER the Install new HP C6100 software over top of old C5100 or not? C - assuming the C software is backwards compatible amp handle both printers OR UNINSTALL the C software on laptop amp hope new C series will handle BOTH printers once separate printers are set up in Printers Faxes To complicate a bit more - laptop connects thru wireless network at home but will connect to C w USB at work I uninstalled ALL C on desktop amp installed new software At st it only allowed installing into OLD C folder - said quot in order to work w other installed HP products quot There were NO other HP products left installed just leftover registry keys their uninstall prgm didn t delete - I deleted them amp everything was good NOTE the printers are Install new HP C6100 software over top of old C5100 or not? similar but some different features on new one w different quot Solution Center quot GUI amp diff options for things like scanning on C Install new HP C6100 software over top of old C5100 or not? that weren t w the C software even latest ver Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-new-hp-c6100-software-over-top-of-old-c5100-or-not.119823/
Relevancy 19.35%

ok so i got this hp pavilion ze5800, pretty good machine and i dont know what the bios password is, bios manufactured by phoenix i do know that much, can anyone tell me a way to retrieve the password or bypass it?

A:phoenix bios password hack or bypass or software to find it HELP!!

There is probably no easy way.

The passwords on laptops are designed to not be easily bypassed or reset.

I would take it back to the place you bought it and get your money back.

Wearing some oven gloves probably wouldn't hurt either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-password-hack-or-bypass-or-software-to-find-it-help.46323/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance I bought a Microsoft Lifecam VX- quite a while ago So after Installing the product successfully I get a message to connect the webcam The little bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner and what comes up is the following message Found New VX-3000 Problems Microsoft Lifecam Hardware A problem occured during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly So after I got that message I did the next logical step Uninstall and Reinstall After going through everything I still get the error message Next I check and see if Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems there is new software on the Microsoft website for this product Luckily for me there was So I go ahead and download and install it LifeCam exe but unfortunatley it still doesnt work So i go into Control Panel to add new hardware but that comes up with the error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I also took it to a relatives house to try it on there computer and to my horror it worked perfectly So it must be something to do with my computer Any useful help is appreciated nbsp

A:Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems

If no one can help me with my problem, can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can resolve it. (Other than Microsoft Customer Support that is, that's definitely a last resort).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-problems.118681/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello I am new and very much a non-techie but I am endeavoring to learn I have an HP Pavilion zd laptop programs won't external DVD recognize Software burner w MS Windows XP Media Center version w Service Pak My internal DVD player has been kaput for some time now To watch DVDs I use an external DVD player burner that is a Pioneer DVR X- The external DVD CD player writer reads anything It plays DVDs Software programs won't recognize external DVD burner using Nero software which came w the player or it can use the Inter Video Win DVD program that came with my computer The external DVD player will burn CDs using iTunes However I want to burn DVDs I used to burn them using Media Center however Media Center only looks for DVDs in my kaput internal writer How can I get it to acknowledge my wonderful external player I have the same problem with Roxio and Record Now two very good programs that used to work when my internal drive actually worked They do not recognize my external player If I can give you more helpful information please let me know I can give you more system specs but I honestly don t know where to get that iformation I thank you for your Software programs won't recognize external DVD burner response nbsp

A:Software programs won't recognize external DVD burner

Hi

why not just buy a new internal DVD writer, they only cost a few quid and are easy to fit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-programs-wont-recognize-external-dvd-burner.118594/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello Guys My Rig is C D E GHZ GBx MHZ MSI GT MB i recently installed Gear of War When i got into the game and looked at the visaul setting it was set resolution to x and all other settings to quot medium quot There wasn t any default setting like in other games So i was wondering it the quot medium quot setting a default setting for my computer Then i turned everything to quot high quot and resoultion to x and it played fine in that setting My graphic card temp was like C after min of play time Is this normal Now i want to know at what FPS the game i am playing so that my graphics card don t get hot I just want to calculator FPS software) Game (benchmark make sure that my graphics card can handle the games i play and it won t get heated to much Far Cry has there own benchmark tool but how Game FPS calculator (benchmark software) do i calculate benchmark if they don t have any such tools like GOW Is there any software i can use to calculate FPS for the games nbsp

A:Game FPS calculator (benchmark software)

Google for FRAPS, it will help you out with the framerate calculations.

As for 55C, that's just fine, as would be 75-80c as well. GPUs are hot as a fact, no need to panic if you see temps in the 70s. On my old rig, the stock cooler on one of the 8800GT cards would run it at around 70-80c in full load, this is normal.

I do not quite understand what you mean by:

"Now i want to know at what FPS the game i am playing so that my graphics card don't get hot"

There is no trivial mapping between FPS and video card temperatures. Your card will struggle and heat up running Crysis maxed out at ~20FPS, but it will be quite chilly running, say, Homeworld 2 at a reported rate of well over 100 FPS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-fps-calculator-benchmark-software.117808/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'll get a random BSOD after i OC my CPU. Even when i OC from 1.8 to 1.9Ghz, i get the BSOD's. Help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: K8V-X SE
OC via BIOS

Additional CPU info:
AMD Sempron 3000+; Palermo; socket 754​

A:AMD Sempron +3000 BSOD after OC

What is the make, type and model number of the systems memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron-3000-bsod-after-oc.116063/
Relevancy 20.21%

i have a usb bluetooth but it doesnt work because i don't have the software for it i looked everywhere for it on the internet and couldn't find one for my type of bluetooth.

its a blue tooth usb class 1.

i don't know if these might help but it says it on the back of the usb :
p/n:usbbtca1a-b
s/n:05022500457

thank you very much

Haidar

A:I need software to make my bluetooth usb work

http://www.driverguide.com

Does this blue tooth have a name and model? Is it a phone device or headphones, or something else? The part number you give doesn't have any results when googled. Are you sure you posted the correct one. You can get more help if you are more specific in your posts. Julio made us stop using crystal balls to answer posts. <g>

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-software-to-make-my-bluetooth-usb-work.116247/
Relevancy 19.78%

im looking to overclock my Intel Centrino Core2 Duo T9300 in my laptop but im not sure what overclocking software to use.. there's plenty of overclocking software out there im just not sure which has best results for a beginner.

if anyone has nay suggestions it would be very much appreciated.

A:Software to use to overclock Intel Centrino Core2 Duo T9300

Overclocking a laptop is not a wise thing to do especially by a beginner. Laptop/notebooks are subject to heat much more than desktop computers. Any overclocking results in great rises in heat. My desktop Q6600 at 2.4GHz, runs nominally at 35C. If I raise the CPU to 2.55GHz the temp rises to 45C. I use a ZeroTherm Nirvana to cool the CPU. Your laptop will suffer much more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/software-to-use-to-overclock-intel-centrino-core2-duo-t9300.116711/
Relevancy 20.21%

i am currently running on version 10.0.021
and apparently theres the latest one like version 30. something .
but i cant find it can some one please help me find it.

many thanks

haidar

A:Need the latest software for my Nokia n95

why isnt anybody helping me find it please help me
please
please

thankyou

haidar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-the-latest-software-for-my-nokia-n95.116397/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi there,
Can anyone help me? I'm quite desperate here.
I'm having problem with my keyboard/USB.
When I press any key on the keyboard, that instant all USB devices are disconnected. And soon after I unpress it, the system will detect all USB devices like they were just plugged in. I say all USB devices, cause it doesn't matter USB mouse or USB drive, they all get disconnected.
It's frustrating me cause I can't use a USB mouse.
Please help

I'm using a Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA.

A:Solved: Pressing key disconnects USB Lenovo 3000 N100 0689GRA

How many USB ports does that have? and what are connecting them. If you could also please look in your event viewer (Start>control panel>administrative tools>eventviewer, and check the "SYSTEM" area. double click any item in that list for a detailed description. You should see some errors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solved-pressing-key-disconnects-usb-lenovo-3000-n100-0689gra.73059/