Windows Support Forum

Linking Outlook 2016 with Office 365

Q: Linking Outlook 2016 with Office 365

I have been running Exchange server 2010 on our network and recently subscribed to Office 365 online. I can access email ok on line through the Office 365 portal but cannot get Outlook 2016 on my PC to link with the online mail.

Outlook 2016 on my PC (Windows 10, 64 bit machine) appears to be only trying to connect to the local exchange server.
I have not yet switched off the exchange server but have removed my email account from the system.

I tried to create a new profile for 2016 but it cannot find my online email account (autodiscover was reported as working ok when I set up the online account and ISP MX records etc)

Thanks for any help.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/42945-linking-outlook-2016-office-365-a.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Linking Outlook 2016 with Office 365

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 31.39%

According to the latest reports, AMD will skip the problematic 20nm manufacturing node for their next-generation 'Arctic Islands' GPUs, which the company is expected to launch in 2016. Instead, Arctic Islands will progress directly to 14nm FinFET in the hope...

Read more

A:AMD to reportedly skip 20nm entirely for its 2016 GPU family

Sounds like a good strategy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-to-reportedly-skip-20nm-entirely-for-its-2016-gpu-family.212286/
Relevancy 30.96%

AMD's roadmap for the next two years has leaked, and it's filled with information about what the company is planning for their desktop and mobile CPU and APU lines. While 2015 will see a mix of 32, 28 and 20nm chips,...

Read more

A:Leaked AMD roadmap suggests all 2016 APUs will be 14nm

If it beats the Bulldozer family by a solid 5-10% in video games plus media encoding with reasonable prices, I am going to use it for all my builds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-amd-roadmap-suggests-all-2016-apus-will-be-14nm.212540/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

A:Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello All I have decided on the following Cooler Master Eisberg L Prestige Alphacool NexXxoS XT Radiator mm And I m deciding on a GPU block at a later date when the new Nvidia cards come out I Setup together Linking Watercooling help was hoping to set it up Watercooling Setup Linking together help as Pump Reservoir is built onto the CPU block which makes this all very easy supposed to anyway and is upgradable so you can add an extra few items to the loop I was hoping to mount the mm radiator it comes with to the top of my case and the extra mm radiator to the back of my case I was hoping having the mm radiator cool the water before it entered the graphics card block would help yield better results and thus the fans can run at a slower speed I m not trying to break any records and certainly don t plan on overclocking a whole much I just find water cooling much quieter in general compared to a multi-fan heatsink and a load of case fans plus the fans on the GPU My question is can this be done I m rubbish at checking the tubing sizes and what I need to actually connect it all up preferably white hose Any advise would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Watercooling Setup Linking together help

Unless getting this kit for the same amount of money would be better?

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Alphacool-NexXxoS-Cool-Answer-240-LTST-Full-Kit_30211.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/watercooling-setup-linking-together-help.192663/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all So the situation is thus we are looking into getting a new office NAS server? for server for our office currently all individual desktops and laptops and have been given a quote that has come in considerably higher than we d anticipated Part of this is due to the addition of a tape auto-loader as a backup device which is coming in at including tapes The benefits we ve been given for this are tapes being more robust especially if being take off NAS for office server? site and more secure than hard drives but I have a concern at how accessible the data is should we need to resort to accessing the backup This got me to thinking would a NAS device or multiple with hot-swappable drives used in a similar way provide the same functionality as the auto-loader but at a much cheaper cost And if so what would people recommend for this I am fairly well versed on consumer devices from the likes of Synology and we already have a Lacie NAS in the office for general file storage though it s not been that relaible but I have no experience with multiple bay hot-swappable models Is there a particular brand I should look at that offer more commercial devices or would a -bay Synology be fine Thanks in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:NAS for office server?

You are into the area of planning called "Business Continuation"; how do you continue
when there are different levels of failure?

Consider (list in order of difficulty):

drive or system fails
building becomes unusable (fire / floor/ storm)
city takes a tornado / hurricane hit
county / state looses power

In addition, tapes per se are frail media and for long term storage, need humidity and temp controlled storage - - and regardless, the magnetic info degrades and/or 'imprints' from one layer adjcent to another. We saw this with IBM and tapes stored at Iron Mountain.

Local backups (ie store onsite) work well for all variations of (1) and off-site storage
only delays the recovery time.

(2) will likely wipeout all local backups (tape or otherwise) and is why off-site is necessary.

(3+4) makes the point that off-site storage is viable ONLY when it is outside the area of the disaster.

IMO, tape is a dead media - - what a mess if you need to use a backup set and find that after mounting several tapes in a restore you find that the nTH tape is unreadable :OUCH:

a) you ask the right question; which NAS systems are most reliable?
Google for "review scsi nas with hotswap".

b) get a SCSI enclosure with several bays and implement Raid-1 (mirrored)
with auto-rebuild to avoid hard stopping the system while a new drive is brought online.

c) determine the degree of effort to recover 'lost data'. It is impractical to take
a drive offline every day, so what period can you tolerate between HD rotations?
(suggest one per week + one per month = 8 drive in rotation pool).
Then keep last weeks drive local and all else offsite.

my $0.02

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-for-office-server.178981/
Relevancy 18.06%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-connection-with-exchange-2003.176076/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all,

Please feel free to comment on this hardware list.
Use : as above in title
No: O/C,SLI,Crossfire,movie downloads,on line games, etc.
Have: 1440x900 flat screen,mouse,keyboard,speakers
Budget;< $600

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM H61 DDR3 LGA1155 mATX PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI VGA DVI B3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core G620 Processor LGA1155 2.6GHZ 3MB Retail Box

Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card

Kingston 4GB Kit 2X2GB 1333MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered CL9 1.5V Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM

LG GH22NS70 Super Multi 22X SATA DVD Writer Black OEM

Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan

A:Budget new build for home/office/casual gaming

Nice build

The Radeon HD 6770 has a requirement of "450 Watt or greater power supply"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-new-build-for-home-office-casual-gaming.174536/
Relevancy 22.36%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, firstly I have a working knowledge of home computers and have been asked to sort out our computers in the office.

At the moment we have 3 desktops and two laptops running off of a server. The problem is the server keeps crashing and we can't access any emails or the shared drive we all use to store company information. We are getting fed up with the IT company we contract to sort out our computer needs. I was wondering if we even need a network server - would it be reasonable in the short term to just have a networked hard drive or two that we can all access. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what the benefit of a server is ?
I will say this is a new company and our IT needs may increase rapidly in the near future.

Thanks

A:Advice for our office network

A server is just another system, specially configured, to run Services and store common data.

A WEB server (aka google.com) has an HTTP Service running on port 80
and a backend process that find user search keywords in a database and returns an HTML output of those URLs.

A common 'Server' for business is the Windows Server {2000, 2003, and now 2008).

The Windows Server(WS) can be configured to provide

1. a local DNS Service

2. a local DHCP service

3. an LDAP (or Active Directory Service)

4. and frequently an Exchange Server (for email)

Services 1+2 then control your company hardware network and service lookups.

Shared data is usually kept on the WS and accessed as Shared Directories.

The brute-force simple network just uses a system to contain the Shared Directories

and everyone just does his/her own thing (ie no domain.name and no email server {which doesn't look good or show much professionalism} ).

If Joe Doe jr, IT-Guy can't give you a stable WS, get another. This time ensure that
you get refunds of the monthly service fee for every hour of down time (if they balk at this, select another - - they're not too professional either).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-our-office-network.164408/
Relevancy 22.36%

My home network consists of a 3com office connect and 2 PC connecting to it through wireless. In the 3com config, i can see the Internet IP address is 203.223.210.232 but i am not able to ping it from my office network.
The router actually connects to the socket provided by my building, so i havent really subscribed to any ISP. I don't know if this IP is real and can be accessible from outside. Or the issue is that the router just doens't repsond to my ping. Any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Cannot ping my 3com router from office

it looks like a external ip but it still could be internal only.
you buildings network could have ping or icmp disabled or disallowed..
i would assume that there is a router/ switch which distributes network access to everybody, managed by the building.

did you try an nslookup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-ping-my-3com-router-from-office.159981/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I got a slingbox for Christmas and I need more ports.

I currently have 5 computers, a printer, Apple time capsule w/wi-fi AP, and a vonage box connected to a Netgear 8-port FVS318 connected to another Vonage box which is in turn connetced to my dsl modem.

So I'm looking to move to a 16 port router with some type of QoS support that I can prioritize the traffic from the vonage boxes so they don't cut out when I'm on the phone & transferring files or using my sling box.

I have been browsing around and I found Netgears FS116E but I'm not quite sure if this would be a good fit or quite how it would best fit into my network since it is a switch.

I have also been told I should look at a gigabit router.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

A:Upgrading home office network - need suggestions

Do you really need a 16 port router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-home-office-network-need-suggestions.158837/
Relevancy 22.36%

I already have laptops, pocket PCs, mobile phones, and tablet PCs

A:What devices can you use for mobile computing in the office?

Need to describe What you NEED to do vs what you would like to do.

Have you ask the I.T. department about company standards/policies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-devices-can-you-use-for-mobile-computing-in-the-office.157797/
Relevancy 36.12%

ok here goes first post on any forum ever ! i have to try to get two routers linked at my cabin. the lodge has wireless but it doesnt quite get to my cabin ,i need to use my netgear router/ or buy one that i can link to the linksys router in lodge for two reasons . 1 is to get the net in the cabin but more important to be able to hook up an AT&T microcell for cell phone service ,,the micro cell ican do already it works great , if you have a router to hook up to .. any ideas ? or questions

A:Linking two routers

I assume you want a wireless connection between the two routers and then to allow
systems to wifi connect to either (or both with multiple systems).

The normal practice is to use an Access Point(A/P) for the second router, as it has the feature
you need (using a Bridge Connection) and which is missing in most routers
(typically restricted to Infrastructure Mode; if you find a router which has that feature, then you can use it as well)

The setup looks like
Code:
ISP==YourConnection--->PrimaryRouter - - - Access Point
The Primary and the A/P can use the same SSID and passphrase, but separating the channels (1 vs 11) will reduce the interference.

Now you're down to getting ISP==YourConnection--> to work.
Besides the Cell phone data plan charges (which can be exorbitant), the issue becomes
YourConnection--->PrimaryRouter.

Try using the Cell phone for a single system connection to determine the requirements for dialing the connection - -
if it's easy enough, you may be able to use YourConnection--->PrimaryRouter
otherwise, you may need to put one system in the link like
YourConnection--->system#1-->PrimaryRouter​which requires Internet Connection Sharing on system#1 (and that system must be active for all systems on the Primary or A/P to get any service).

SO. Where does that leave you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-two-routers.156561/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have like 30, IDE, 40 GB drives, just laying around, does anyone know of a quick and easy way to stack the drives and link them together. for example am i able to find a splitter for an IDE caple that can split and link them together, and use them either as 1 large drive or as 30 separate drives in my computer, and can i link power sorces as well in anyway?

If anyone has other ideas that would work please let me know.

A:Linking hard drives

link them together, and use them either as 1 large drive or as 30 separate drivesClick to expand...

No.
SATA, some of them, but not all... with something like this

With PATA (often still called IDE) ... At one time, you can only use two drives on one cable.
One choice might be to get something like this for your drives, but you will only be able to have two drives operating at once, per ide cable.
Note... though they say it will work, these trays might not work with all drives.

Presumably one of your drives will be your boot drive and will not be swappable.
That means the most you could have in trays, available to swap would be three...
You will find this is, even at $20/drive, kinda spendy, for that many drives and you may wish to pursue other options.

One of them might be Apricorn's Drivewire Universal HDD Adapter
This would be a "one at a time" solution, via usb. This is a similar solution.
I have seen "docking stations" that might feel a little more substantial, but they seem to be for SATA only. (I say seem, only because I have never seen one for PATA).

With these you are also limited to 2.5" or 3.5" drives, where the Apricorn device can also handle the older larger drives.
(since the drive itself does not slide into some kind of socket... rather the device simply connects by cable).
Part of the issue behind the cable solution is that the 3.5" (and larger) have the power supplied through the molex connector.
That makes a "socket" solution more difficult.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-hard-drives.155125/
Relevancy 35.69%

hey every one i am having Exist network area A which include - modem connected to a linksys router router through dump switch x -From the router switch - PC are connected pc quot server and pc client - External Ethernet hard disk is connected as one in two network Linking router well quot it can be access from pc and any pc or laptop connected to the network wire wireless - From pc a network printer is connected via USB cable it can be access from pc and Linking two router in one network any pc or laptop connected to the network wire wireless -Also another pc is connected wireless what i want is to add Additional network in area B - I need to add another router to area B router - The router is connected to the same modem through dump switch x - I want the user in area B to use the internet from router - Also I want them to be able to access pc server and pc in area A - Also I want them to access to the Ethernet external hard disk as well as the printer please tell me how to do so thanks nbsp

A:Linking two router in one network

Is there a specific reason why you need to use two routers?

I'd have thought you would be much better off actually using a network switch, or utilising the 2nd router as a network switch and WAP instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-two-router-in-one-network.147506/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network There are Router, - Office Network Small Modem, Switch RJ connections in every room which is cool these all feed into a -port patch panel which the last guys left behind Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes Q If our modem goes into a router and the router goes Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch into a switch box and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box will Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch this work We will be using one dedicated IP and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP So does Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch going through a router alleviate this Q Do patch panels have speed limitations Despite being entirely passive is it possible that the patch panel might only be Mbit I haven t bought the switch box yet so would like to know if there s any point going for Gbit over Mbit Couldn t see a model number on it unfortunately Thanks in advance Will nbsp

A:Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch

edanfalls said:

Hello,

I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network.

There are RJ45 connections in every room which is cool, these all feed into a 48-port patch panel which the last guys left behind.

Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet, our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes.

Q1). If our modem goes into a router, and the router goes into a switch box, and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box, will this work? We will be using one dedicated IP, and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box, each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP. So does going through a router alleviate this?Click to expand...

you are correct on both points. the issue is where does the DHCP service originate {the router or a Domain Controller[*]}?

Q2). Do patch panels have speed limitations? Despite being entirely passive, is it possible that the patch panel might only be 100Mbit? I haven't bought the switch box yet, so would like to know if there's any point going for 1Gbit over 100Mbit. Couldn't see a model number on it unfortunately.Click to expand...

No, the panel is entirely passive and therefore invisible to the network. Active components, eg routers & switches could be factors.
You are at that point of an investment and cudos to you for asking before diving in :wave:

This is the time to create a Gigabyte backbone and use 100mb client access to it (not GBit). This will ensure the whole network gets good service an not single client can dominate it. The sole exception I would make is to use a GB nic in every server system attached.

[*] Instead of using the router to provide DHCP, a better choice is the Domain Controller server (provided you use one ). You can then configure static addresses from one location and set the DHCP range in the same place. DHCP and DNS typically are from the same server, while Exchange and Active Directory are elsewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/small-office-network-modem-router-switch.146650/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys!

A family friend has requested me to build 3 PCs for his office. His budget is really low. I need a processor, motherboard, RAM, HDD for within Rs. 10,000.

I was considering a build with the Athlon II X2 240. However, I will need a cheap motherboard that supports this processor out of the box as I do not have an older AMD processor to be able to update the BIOS.

Else I'll go with an Intel E5200 build.

You could suggest some stuff from this website: http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=87&category_slug=desktop-hardware

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Cheap Office Build

Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H Motherboard looks promising

at frys its 99

69 with a rebate

thats the cheapest i can find

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-office-build.136843/
Relevancy 17.63%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-loses-access-to-outlook-email-after-being-joined-to-domain.134427/
Relevancy 18.06%

My smartphone used to sync with the office Exchange Server, but I now want to sync my Outlook contacts with my home PC using standalone Outlook 2003. My PC runs XP SP2 and ActiveSync 4.5. Smartphone is Windows Mobile 6 Standard.

It looks as if I cannot sync Exchage Server contacts to standalone Outlook - if I try to switch to synching with Outlook it tells me the contacts on my phone will be deleted. Is there a safe way of diong this? I would rather retype all my contacts from the phone screen than risk losing them - I can no longer access my former office's Exchange Server.

Thanks for any help - Firepig

A:ActiveSync, Outlook and Exchange Server

Try updating XP to SP3 and check for other Microsoft Updates too, while you are at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/activesync-outlook-and-exchange-server.124634/
Relevancy 22.36%

What are you going to use the work Build office Cheap Comp - PC Comp Build - Cheap office work for - Browsing and office work MS or If possible also Comp Build - Cheap office work run Battlefield and Age of Empires How much is your budget - Lets say below sterling but the cheaper the better Where are you located aka fill out your profile - England Are you willing to buy online - Yes Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build - Nvidia GeForce graphics card a DVD reader and DVD re-writer i ll provde specs if needed monitor gb ram DDR Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others - nope Have you already bought any parts - nope I have posted my previous problems in some other threads I wont go into it but I would like to know if it was feasile to save the new HD I bought This is supposed to be a completely new build so case is also needed nbsp

A:Comp Build - Cheap office work

Is the 6800 PCI-Express?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-build-cheap-office-work.124104/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi everyone My PC has been using built-in audio card since I bought it It gave me some problems with sound just coming out of one speaker After exhaustive trial and error I decided to buy a Isonic audio card I went into the Linking two cards PCI BIOS to deactivate the onboard card before installation The sound card is working fine except for the fact that it only outputs sound Linking two PCI cards from all the music programmes Realplayer Windows Media Player etc As for the TV card it is the different story Everytime I want to listen to Linking two PCI cards radio or TV I have to practically unplug the speaker cable from sound card into the green jack of the TV card I also cannot control volume from the TV software like I used to do when I was using onboard sound card I have a small cable that I was Linking two PCI cards using to connect the onboard sound card to the TV card but this time it does not seem to do the trick Whether I plug it into the green jack of the TV card and into the blue of the sound card because the green of the sound card has my speakers it does not work Even the vice versa of what I have just mentioned does not work I need your help here guys Because it is really inconvinient to have to plug and unplug the speaker cable everytime I need to listen to something different Thanks in advance Wanjie nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-two-pci-cards.124091/
Relevancy 17.63%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

Compused

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-vista-email-page-layout.122456/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there,

Can someone help me with this. I've almost decided on these parts and I think they would be suitable for a basic office and internet pc(i've had a bit of a look and can't see why they wouldn't be). I would just like a second opinion. I already have the screen, a keyboard and mouse. just need the actual system. All the prices are from pcmaniacs.com.au

Vantec ION2+ Ultra Quiet 450w SLI PSU 135mm Fan $55.00
Corsair Value Select PC5300 (667) 2048Mb/2Gb Module $55.00
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.6Ghz AM2 Dual Core Retail Box $89.00
Coolermaster Elite 341 mATX $49.00
Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2 AM2 $89.00
Samsung HD161HJ 160Gb 8Mb SATA II $69.00
Microsoft Windows XP Home OEM $135.00

$541.00
+ $45 postage.
Total $586

Going for xp home as i'm on a very tight budget and each dollar counts. Hence the cheap parts and small hdd.

thanks in advance. Any comments would be appreciated.

A:Basic PC for office work, will this be good enough?

Yes, it will be fine.
But there are much larger hard drives available for less money. Look at Directron.com, ZipzoomFly.com, and NewEgg.com
Consider a Seagate first, or a Western Digital over the Samsung if the price is close enough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/basic-pc-for-office-work-will-this-be-good-enough.120204/
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope I'm putting this in the right place and I know it's probably I really simplistic question, but here it is:

I have Comcast Cable internet via modem that connects to my DLink 4500 gaming router. I have a PC(wired) , Laptop (wireless), another PC(wired), and XBox360(wireless) all connected to the Cable internet and home network.

I was thinking about changing my Comcast mail to Outlook express -- is this a good Idea? Can it be done? If so how do I do it? If I do it will all my mail accounts go through Outlook or can I just do mine and not my son's and husband's? Sorry again if this is not the place, but I figured you're used to newbies not knowing where to post. Thanks

A:Comcast Mail to Outlook Express

Your Comcast email is known as a Webmail solution, while Outlook, Outlook Express
are Pop3 Email Clients.

All you need is to configure your Email Client to access the Postoffice @ Comcast;
you will actually still be able to use BOTH

The Comcast settings are here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comcast-mail-to-outlook-express.118139/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a very strange problem that I have not been able to correct...I have an office network with 3 computers. We can access every internet site with no problem except the company website. This problem also continues into our outlook. We cannot use outlook to check our work email which also uses the same domain as the company website. From computers outside of the office we can access our website and webmail fine.

Anyone have any ideas what would be causing this problem only on the three computers in my office?

A:Office Network Problem

with three systems having the same problem, suspect the gateway router and/or the server firewall itself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-network-problem.117983/
Relevancy 18.06%

Every time I compose a new message in Outlook Express and use MIDI music as a background the SW SYNTH in audio gets knocked back to zero. This only happens in OLEXP, toherwise MIDI's play OK.
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 OLEXP 6.0

A:Outlook express affects audio control

What is your computer? Make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-affects-audio-control.114792/
Relevancy 18.06%

Help! How can I share Outlook 2007 Calendar on 3 networked computers running vista home premium? Don't wanna spend 700 bucks for Exchange Server. Can it be done?

A:Share Outlook Calendar

For workgroup users (ie those without a domain controller), it is done by sharing
each appointment;

create or open an appointment
click the Attendee Availability tab
at the lower left, click Invite Others
enter the name of the Contact and click find
when selected, click Required or Optional
repeat for all attendees
when done, click OK
as each Contact receives the appointment by email, they accept or decline the schedule
their calendar and yours are updated
and the status of all can be seen using the radio button Show Attendee Status

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/share-outlook-calendar.112199/
Relevancy 18.06%

Lots of valuable information in that file I'd like to access. I was able to create a new Outlook file in safe mode so I guess the program is OK.

It was suggested to me recently the cause may have been due to me having Microsoft Service Pack 1 at the time. I had not updated to Service Pak 2 (which I now believe has been updated to Service Pak 3). Has anyone had experience with this and, if so, do you think there's a chance that if I update my Service Pak that I might still have a chance of recovering the data I had in my original Outlook file?

A:Still unable to open Microsoft Outlook

I dont think just upgrading to service pack 3 would do any good.

May be you need some more luck there.

Hope you get the help you need

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-open-microsoft-outlook.110662/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey I am helping a family member setup a network and need help.

the setup is as follows

Store "A"
Store "B"
"Main office"

He wants to let Store A & B use the main sale software which is located in the Main Office. How can we do this, should I just setup a VPN for both stores so that they can login to the main office or would I need a back-end server. Thanks

A:Setting up branch office need professional ITs

And they are in the same building or contiguous?

I would to with the VPN... unless there are a lot of computers, meaning more than 8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-branch-office-need-professional-its.109097/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi I have this problem we have a server running exchange server. There is 3 computers connected to the server running outlook. On 1 of the computers all of the emails have been deleted how can i restore the emails back onto this computer the other 2 computers have all of the emails.

A:Outlook passed 2gb .pst file

Oh I thought you were wondering about changeing the maximum limit : http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98129

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-passed-2gb-pst-file.102976/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey people
I have Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 1
I would like to know how I can install Polish for spell checking
I can speak Polish but can't write it

A:How do I install Polish language for spell checking in Outlook 2007 SP1?

I think installing Proofing Tools from your Office CD and then install Polish proofing tools.

More info here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061229.htm

And here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179042.aspx
And here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937156

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-install-polish-language-for-spell-checking-in-outlook-2007-sp1.102973/
Relevancy 19.78%

I bought a used IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U from eBay for use this semester on campus. It is in great shape and has a recent edition of Windows XP but an older version of MS Office which does not boot properly.

This computer was a part of a network and keeps trying to connect to it each time Windows loads. It came with a LinkSys Wireless-G Notebook Adapter 2.4 GHz 802.11g card.

The CD is an official copy; clean and has no scratches or nicks. The DVD/CD-ROM will boot other CD's such as music CD's and DVD films and data discs with MS Word files etc on them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Yours,

Kyklopes

A:IBM Thinkpad T20 Thinkpad Type 2647-92U Won't Boot my MS Office 2005 CD

That T-20 is pretty long in the tooth. I suspect your optical drive either needs cleaning, or is worn beyond repair.
Did you try the CD in another drive as a double check?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-thinkpad-t20-thinkpad-type-2647-92u-wont-boot-my-ms-office-2005-cd.96257/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi up setting medical a in help a office in need small network I just started my own office and would like to set u a network in the office I have setup networks mostly wireless at home I woud like to setup a hybrid network office will have one server about desktops printer scanner and one laptop i am setting up asterix pbx need help in setting up a network in a small medical office a friend is helping with that and voip phones have to run wires across rooms would like to have wireless networking for laptop use I have zyxel mimo router and plan to extend it by adding a switch I need a basic idea about how to run wires have to run wires across - rooms my understanding is that i need one cable for each computer So if i have a printer and computer in a room-- i would need to run two cables from two ports---right also need help with which cable to use cat cat e what other equipment do I need thanks appreciate your help much christy nbsp

A:need help in setting up a network in a small medical office

Basically the rule of thumb is one cable per device. I would use cat5e for this type of setup as it will give you room for expansion as cat5e is gigabit ethernet capable (assuming growth is always good instead of re-wiring infrastructure). This is the cable most often used in fast ethernet setups (100MBps).

Also keep in mind that the maximum length you can use for the cabling is 100M or your going to run into some serious issues.

You also need to use different ethernet cable types for the devices. For Example - If you go from Router to a computer, you use straight through. If you go from router to switch, you also use a straight through. The only time you connect devices using a crossover cable, is like devices. Ex - switch to switch, router to router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-in-setting-up-a-network-in-a-small-medical-office.81112/
Relevancy 35.26%

I am trying to link routers together Here is my problem I recently bought a Nokia E i together WRK54G WRT54GX4) routers linking & 2 (LINKSYS cellphone which is suppose to have WIFI capabilities I now use the Linksys WRT GX at home and it works perfectly fine without the Nokia E i When I tried using the WIFI capabilities of my phone at home the internet connection kept on dropping and linking 2 routers (LINKSYS WRK54G & WRT54GX4) together surfing on my phone was so slow I then used my old LINKSYS WRK G and its perfect with my phone The problem is I want to use my new router because it emits a stronger signal than my old one So I tried linking the routers by putting a cable from port of WRT gx to the internet port of the wrk g My phone started working not as fast but good enough with my mac powerbook and sony vaio My problem is the card in my toshiba laptop and the wifi card in my o xda cant access my internet Can someone help me with my problem Thanks nbsp

A:linking 2 routers (LINKSYS WRK54G & WRT54GX4) together

You will probably need to do a reset and reinstall of the routers, and remove and reinstall the software on the Mac to get it all working right... but it is definitely do-able... just frustrating the first time.

However, you are not going to notice much difference in actual speed or performance... although the stronger signal will reach further away...

The 35% speed boost they brag about... is not detectable by very many folks.

You do get some reductions in drop outs and disconnects if you are having any now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-2-routers-linksys-wrk54g-wrt54gx4-together.80803/
Relevancy 35.26%

Every so often, a video file will stutter and be extremely slow, for no apparent reason. Ocassionaly VLC Media player sorts them out but some are virtually unplayable, like the Shivering Isles trailer. The audio is usulay fine but video is like a slideshow

I dont know anything that links the video, for example the Bioshock movies on this months PCGamer Disk, 3 videos work, but the other two stutter.

My PC stats are in my profile, im running Onboard Sound and my Catalyst Drivers are 6.14. It's been a problem that i've had for a while now. I also hav all the Codecs from the KLite Media Codec Pack, im not sure which one but i only installed it a month ago.

Since this isa video problem I thouht this was the best forum for it.

Any help would be apprieciated

Thank you in advance
Finchy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuttering-video-with-no-obvious-linking-factors.79009/
Relevancy 19.35%

Which company or software are good and fast. To let me use my office computer from home. thank you.

A:Which site or software that will let me use my office computer from home computer

It would be the software that your work system administrator allows you to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-site-or-software-that-will-let-me-use-my-office-computer-from-home-computer.75478/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys,

I'm wondering about buying a surge suppressor for a small office. A recent electrical storm took out at least one power supply in my dad's office, so I'm thinking we should get a surge suppressor installed. There are five desktops in the office, each consuming on average 300W, I'm assuming. There are also two laptops probably consuming at most 150W.

There is already a UPS serving most of the computers, but that doesn't hold them for very long, as it probably isn't meant to power as many computers as it is. Anyway, I wanna talk to my dad about installing a dedicated surge suppressor. What brand, or better yet, model, should we be getting? I know nothing about surge suppressors.

Regards and thanks for any replies

A:Surge suppressor/protector for small office

Tripp, and APC are both good brands, andthe thing to look for it not just surge suppressors and battery backups but ones that have AVR (Auto Voltage regulator) capabilities. brown outs and such can be just as damaging as power outs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surge-suppressor-protector-for-small-office.73354/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am encountering a bizarre issue synchronizing a Motorola Q to our in-house Exchange server. Topically, everything is working as expected. The problem at hand is, at seemingly random intervals, the Outlook inbox as well as the Q Outlook inbox randomly marks all messages as read; as would be expected, this is creating havoc in matters of scheduling, &c. I have searched all of the Outlook settings, as well as all available Outlook-related options on the Q to no avail. Has anyone had any experience with these phones or any such synchronization issues? Outlook 2003 is completely updated; I am not sure about the version of the Q's firmware, but would assume, considering the phone is new, that it is probably the latest version....

Any ideas?

Regards,

Shane

A:Motorola Q- Outlook 2003 sync issue

Check with technical support for Motorola Q phone... To see if they have any issues like you have described above..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-q-outlook-2003-sync-issue.71124/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a DSL router (Mecer 4-port) that keeps me connected to the internet and 3 of the ports are being used by our 2 PCs and a Laptop.

I also have an old 5 port switch (Genius Fast ethernet N-way). What I'd like to do is connect the router to the switch and possibly use the two together for a bit of network gaming and the like.

Is this posible (I have an excess of network cables) if so should the switch be in "normal" or "cross-over" which relates to the first port.

All input would be good.

Xen

A:Linking a router to a switch

Just hook up the switch to your router in place of the laptop and utilize one port off the swtich to your laptop giving you two ports for adding to your network for gaming and such.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-a-router-to-a-switch.55195/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a weird problem connection problem when I to go to Outlook. The connection says authorizing then a timeout error. This problem comes and goes. Does anyone have a thought as to what this might be?

A:DSL/Outlook Express problem

Try disabling email scanning in your AV/Firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-outlook-express-problem.54704/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi. I have a small office network to set up for database but i dont know much about it.. im more on peer to peer network ( sharing files and printers from workgroups).

here is the current setup:

8 computers running MS XP pro media center edition. with internet connected in a wireless with 4 port router.

Planning to setup:

Install a server and create a domain which will connect the 8 workstations

I would like it to run only on Desktop server (Pentium 4 3.4 ghz, 1g memory, 250 sata hdisk, Mboard Built in lan, vidcard, sound).

which is better OS MS SBS 2003 or MS Win server 2003 standard edition SP1. if you can teach me a step by step setup how to create domain and connect workstations easy.

If anyone could give me some help I would greatly appreciate it. tnanks

A:Setting up a small office network

maybe better to use apache
most addon's free
and or make a linux server box if you can handle linux
apache is on the disc

my server now runs apache ,linux
are you going to have website to??
if not just need to go to SBS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-a-small-office-network.54513/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all. I have a small office network to set up but im not TOTALLY sure how to go about it! I was hoping to iron out a few points on here.

As Im sure you'll ask for the details; here is the current setup:

4 computers running XP pro, networked together as a workgroup.

I am planning to install a server and create a domain.

The part where I am getting stuck is the email.

Basically, they all need email access, now Im wondering should I just set everyone up with outlook, or should I setup exchange server? - is exchange swerver useful in this situation or not?

If anyone could give me some help I would greatly appreciate it.

Dave

A:Help setting up a small office network

Truthfully in your situation I would just set up outlook and forget exchange. It will save you money and resources.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-setting-up-a-small-office-network.53988/
Relevancy 35.69%

I know that these wireless to hard-wired router subjects have been covered in numerous threads but I don't see the answer to my question anywhere...so, here goes.

The BEFSR41 is my gateway (attached to the cable modem) and the WRT54G is set to Router. I disabled DHCP server on the wireless and renamed the IP to 192.168.1.2. Now, here is where it gets tricky. I DID NOT change the "Automatically - DHCP" dropdown to Static IP as suggested by multiple users. Everything is working perfectly so my question is, 'what are the implications of leaving this setup alone?' Do I need to change this?

Thanks.

PKRiches

A:Linking WRT54G to BEFSR41

The dropdown in the WAN configuration of the wireless router? It makes absolutely no difference what you put there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-wrt54g-to-befsr41.51574/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have windows XP .When i opening Microsoft outlook It get hanging.When i changing the data store folder then it opening.After 2 or 3 days the same pbm occured.I have Macfee 8.0 installed on that pc.
Plz give solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-outlook.44346/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to take an internet line that was originaly running off a router into a computer, and put that in a new router in order to gain more ports? I hope you understand what im trying to say

[router 1]---------------------------------[router 2]-------[computer]
(full)

The reason for this is a second computer being added to router 2 becase there arent enough ports.

Thats my crappy visual

router one already has all of its ports full thats why I want to do this.

A:linking another router

If you just want to add additional ports, a hub would work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-another-router.44207/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have made my brother a pc and want to link them i have plugged network cards into both pcs and linked them with the correct wire. The problem is the second computer cant use the internet, its internet is ment to come through the first one. How do I sort it out?

Also I used the network setup wizard but still dont work...

A:Linking computers

how is the first pc connected to the net?
if usb
if 2 nic cards
first pc must be setup as dhcp address 192.168.1.1
sec pc address nic as 192.168.1.2 or last number I keep above 100
first pc mask 255.255.0.0
sec 255.255.255.0
must config wan dns for first pc from provider
you will have a wan ip address plus the dns numbers
I will look for more stuff I have lots of luck searching msdn info M$ makes buggy OS's but there help stuff works most of the time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-computers.32282/
Relevancy 22.36%

The doctor that I work for would like to install monitors in each treatment room of his clinic (4 rooms total) when going over x-rays with his patients. He mentioned that he had seen flat wall monitors in another doc's office and he really dug the 'coolness' factor that these monitors bring.

My question is: where do you get these monitors? Is this a tv that can be connected to a computer wirelessly or is it an actual computer monitor? Does anyone have any experience with setting these up? Thanks for your help in advance!

A:Hang up wall monitors for a doctor's office

It's just a plain LCD screen. The mounts on the back are standard, so you have to just buy wall mounts for them.
Some of them can accept video inputs from a VCR or cable box much like a projection monitor so you can watch TV or videos on them.

Stop by your local BestBuy or CompUSA...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hang-up-wall-monitors-for-a-doctors-office.42637/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have just lost every thing on O/Exp, all folders, emails the lot, it now looks like the first time I ran with O/Exp all the basic folders are there but empty, I have tried restore but it's just the same. Have done a search and what comes up is the same empty O/Exp. I have a feeling that the start up may be inhibited as I had a start up progame and monitor which I have just deleted. HELP, if the wife finds out I will be made to do the ironing for a month aaah.
Degs

A:Outlook Express Disappearance

This link is almost relevant- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313055/ the bit about searching for .dbx files certainly is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-disappearance.42308/
Relevancy 35.26%

hi.Heres the problem, i have a windows xp computer and a computer running 2000. im trying to link the 2 together through a linksys 5 port hub. when the internet conection is plugged into the uplink and the other 2 ethernets are pluged into the ports neither seem to have any internet connection at all and the uplink light is flashing indicating that its working fine.But when the modem is pluged into a non uplink port and one of the computers is plugged into the uplink it sends fine. also when another ethernet is plugged in the computer has no connection at all. Please help im desperate. Thanks

A:Linking A windows Xp And 2000 computer through a hub

Is it really a hub? Hubs, switches and routers are very different kinds of devices.

If it is really a hub, then you have to pay careful attention to crossover/straight cables and make sure all your networking devices are operating at half duplex.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-a-windows-xp-and-2000-computer-through-a-hub.41790/
Relevancy 21.5%

About a months ago I set up a connectivity Wireless office connection.Limited Small Internet broadband small office internet broadband connection consisting of computers connected to a Netgear router adsl The managers PC is hardwired into the router There is WEP hex secruity enabled and it is Open and the Wireless Small office Internet broadband connection.Limited connectivity router has been setup so that the controlled access list of machines isnt enabled so any PC can connect to it easily hardware wise it s quite a mix the router is netgear of the new machines have got belkin wireless cards fitted includes mine and the others are netgear Everyone is running windows xp sp Everything was working fine and connection speeds were great But since last week one of the computers is reporting the message quot limited or no connectivity quot This machine has a Netgear wireless antenna card fitted and is using Windows xp to configure it I found the software that came with the card was buggy with service pack so i didnt install it but purely installed the driver and it was working fine until last week There are no firewalls installed I have checked the WEP code and it is correct i ve checked TCP settings and imitated what I have for mine apart from where it says quot IP address quot Subnet mask default router and prefferred DNS is the same I have tried setting it to get IP address automatically but it still gives me that limited connectivity Have tried getting on the internet with the quot problem PC quot but it doesnt work and says page cannot be displayed I typed ipconfig on it and it gives me it s IP address as all the other IP addresses start I dont know if that is part of the problem I m tearing my hair out trying to solve this Any ideas or fixes please would be appreciated thanks in advance nbsp

A:Wireless Small office Internet broadband connection.Limited connectivity

169... IP address gets assigned when Windows can't get one from the DHCP server.

You either have the encryption settings wrong or the wireless card/drivers are bad.

You should try disabling the encryption temporarily. Also, try swapping the Netgear adapters between Netgear-using machines (if the cards are the same type) to rule out bad hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-small-office-internet-broadband-connection-limited-connectivity.17918/
Relevancy 30.1%

I've been trying to figure out how to run a wireless router connected to a wired router for the past few days with no success thus far. I have searched the forums and nothing has helped thus far. Here is a diagram of what I'm trying to achieve:

img124.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img124&image=network2ql.jpg

EDIT: Since im not allowed to post links you must drag the link into the address bar and press enter to view the picture. It's hosted through imageshack.

A:Linking wireless router to wired router help

Does no one know how to fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-wireless-router-to-wired-router-help.20002/
Relevancy 22.79%

had the laptop off my desk stolen some time ago which has never been replaced it always had no prob with network access file sharing email etc Since then we have added my PC! with access network office Cant my new broadband and only the select few have net access Now i Cant access my office network with my new PC! have my laptop in running XP pro with net access BUT i have never been able to access the network whatsoever you can ping the server and the server can Cant access my office network with my new PC! ping me without a hassle i have perfect net access which all runs thru the same server but i cant see the server as a network location and vice versa the server is running win - could this be affecting it does anyone know what setting i havent changed yet that will get me back in the network ive heard that using outlook will be a prob but i only want in for file sharing so i can store everything on the server rather than burning a disc every day and copying it over to the damn server any ideas would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Cant access my office network with my new PC!

Ask your system administrator, if you have one.
In Network Properties, check that File and Printer sharing is enabled.
In Internet Protocol/Properties, check that either:
Obtain IP... and Obtain DNS.. are both set to automatic, or:
Use the following IP.. and Use the following DNS.. settings are correct.
You must also be in the SAME workgroup as the rest of that Network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-my-office-network-with-my-new-pc.22736/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows ME and I want to set up a LAN with an eMac running OSX. How do I do this? The main purpose is to transfer files from the PC to the eMac. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Linking Toshiba Satellite to eMac

With jaguar windows sharing is very easy. Under Sharing in System Preferences simply tick Windows Sharing. Fill in the computer name with what equals a netbios name and you should be good to go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linking-toshiba-satellite-to-emac.14552/
Relevancy 18.06%

How can this be.

I have the 2 computers side by side, same OS xp home on the same broadband connection, not connecting through each other.

But on the laptop I can access the internet send email but get this message when trying to recieve.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.jerseymail.co.uk', Server: 'mail.jerseymail.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 1531 octets.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I get a brief glimpse of the number of messages that are there before this message appears.

I have put the settings into the other machine and can send and recieve on that email account.
So I know i have the correct user names and passwords.
Any help much appreciated.

A:Problem recieving mail outlook express

No,
I have tried that, I also deleted all email details, put in my own and got the same error message.
I have now put in original settings and am getting the same error.

The machine has also become painfully slow. I am going to look what I can uninstall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-recieving-mail-outlook-express.5203/
Relevancy 22.36%

I work in large firm which have its own informatical sector All comps r conected over LAN Now all comps have installed quot remote control agent quot I dont like that at all now one day some guy form LAN sector comes to my office and asked me where did i find on network some directory called quot allforall quot There havent been a chance surveillance how on office network? to avoid that he could known that i have been in that directory unless theres a log of users that download upload visit other comps over the network or he can see what i do on comp all the time In either way i dont like that he can know what i do with my comp or over the network Now I m asking how can i make my surfing over the office network more private How can i mask my entrance to other comps on work How can make them think that i m doing nothing with comp while i do what ever i want Nothing fancy just that he cant see what i do with my comp it there program for it or something Or program to see who how to avoid surveillance on office network? is accessing my comp And yes solution must not attract attention something like disabling remote control acces would attract attention My OS is Win nbsp

A:how to avoid surveillance on office network?

Ethernet is tranparent.
TCP/IP is transparent.
Networking solutions like Windws Networking are transparent and completely monitorable on the server side.

Unless you are going to install special client/server software on the computers you use (like SSH or other encrypting programs) all your application level activity can be seen.

Spoofing you activities on transport (TCP/IP) or network (ethernet) level is possible to some degree but it will be very messy and difficult to implement. Plus you'd need some very customisable environment like Linux and some serious networking knowledge.

If you have administrative privileges, you can disable the remote control service in Administrative Tools->Services.

And, unless your IT department consists of complete morons, any of your evasive tactics will be noticed.

One does not have to have access to your computer or to the computer on the other side to see what you two are doing over the network (see the transparency statements above).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-avoid-surveillance-on-office-network.7268/
Relevancy 18.06%

Ok I've got a question about synchronizing my handheld. I currently have it setup to synchronize with the palm software, but I would like to change this to synchronize with Outlook instead. I know this is possible, but I just can't seem to find it in the options anywhere. If anyone has done this or know how please let me know. I am using a Handspring Visor Deluxe. Thank you ahead of time

A:Synchronize with Outlook, instead of Palm Software

In my version of the Palm Desktop (4.0.1) you can do the following:
1) Run Palm Desktop
2) Click on Hotsync....Custom
3) Highlight Mail and click Change....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/synchronize-with-outlook-instead-of-palm-software.241/
Relevancy 52.46%

Get ready for a new selection of preview software from Microsoft to test out: today the company launched both the Office 2016 IT Pro and Developer Preview, and the Skype for Business Preview.

Read more

A:Microsoft releases Office 2016, Skype for Business previews

I still have Office 2013 which I haven't even bothered to install yet let alone use, 2010 I use on occasion so I won't be taking an interest in 2016 for a while yet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-releases-office-2016-skype-for-business-previews.210060/
Relevancy 18.06%

I want to share my experience with problems offer appearing using the OutLook Express mail program The quot default quot folders quot Inbox Express Outlook problems quot quot Sent items quot and quot Out box quot they get often corrupted Recently my messages in quot Outbox quot trying to send were not moved from the quot Outbox quot to the quot Sent items quot folder These messages were actually sent again and Outlook Express problems again by OE without me to know if they were sent or not After reading a lot of forums and articles I decided to do the following After I copied all messages of these folders to other quot user made quot folders I closed the OE I Outlook Express problems located these quot default quot folders with Windows Explorer and I deleted them When opening again the OE these quot default quot folders quot Inbox quot quot Sent items quot and quot Out box quot are automatically regenerated and have them now fresh and uncorrupted Do this from time to time and your OE is always in good shape Alex GR nbsp

A:Outlook Express problems

Outlook Express is no longer support and there are other 3rd party client email programs, eg Thunderbird which even looks similar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-problems.207852/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am trying to save a word document to pdf. I saved the document as a Word document first. Then tried to save as pdf. Somehow Microsoft Picture Manager has become my default. Same thing I have done a thousand times before. How can I get rid of this irritating problem?

A:Office picture manager default for pdf

If you are using Vista or 7, goto 'Start', then in the right hand part of the menu, click on 'Default programs'. Then click on 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program'. Scroll down the list to '.pdf', click on it once to highlight. Then click on the box at the top , 'change program' and choose the program you want to use with pdf's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/office-picture-manager-default-for-pdf.161579/
Relevancy 22.36%

Good afternoon,

I use a spread sheet which contains Check Boxes, that I manually tick to show a task has been fully completed. I have a basic formula that calculates returned items, and once it reaches 0 (all returned) I tick the box. I wish to have the Check Box auto-tick itself once the returned items count reaches 0. I'm damned certain this is possible, but beyond my abilities. I know you can have formulas to display text once a Check Box is ticked, I am kinda trying to do it the other way around.

Thanks for any help

Darren

A:Microsoft Office Excel 2010 Check Box

Darrenbilly said:

I'm damned certain this is possible, but beyond my abilities.Click to expand...

You are correct, it is possible.

What you need to do is learn the Visual Basic for Applications coding in Excel. Then you can add code that runs every time the sheet calculates (basically when something changes on the page). The code can check the status of a cell and change the status of another cell (or object in your case) based on criteria you have coded.

I'm not a programmer but playing with Excel Macros (VBA coding) and manipulating excel cells is a long time hobby of mine.

The easiest way to learn is to record Macro's and then study the code. It is easier learning the code if know first hand what it does. After you are familiar with how the code works, you will be surprised at how easy it is to code your own macros. Once you have the macro working for you, it is easy to move the code and have it run every time the sheet loads, calculates, closes, or several other possibilities.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-office-excel-2010-check-box.208600/
Relevancy 17.63%

This is my first time posting here, so I apologize in advance for any faux pas in my postings. I'm in hopes that someone out there can help with this problem.

We've had several users in the office run into the problem of the message text disappearing from an e-mail when they send it. (No, it isn't user error.) No error messages appear, everything seems fine. However, when the user looks at the message in the Sent folder (to print it for reference or whatever), the text of the message is gone. The addressees receive blank messages. Any attachments are still attached, but the text of the message is not there.

What causes this? How do we fix it? Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks!

A:Outlook 2003--message text disappears when e-mail is sent

have you checked for a virus/spyware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-message-text-disappears-when-e-mail-is-sent.65520/
Relevancy 22.36%

After installing the latest Windows updates, I was unable to open any Word or Excel programs on my computer. The doc opened, but immediately an error message dialogue box came up:

Error message: Microsoft Office cannot verify the license for this product. You should repair the Office program by using Control Panel.

The only 2 options available were to click the X to close, or click OK button. Both resulted in the doc closing.

Control panel --> Office did not display an option to repair.

I run Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and Office 2010 Home and Student ... both legitimate store bought products with product keys.

I even tried to uninstall and re-install Office with no change in the results.

I uninstalled the Windows updates with no change, then re-installed them.

System restore did nothing to change the issue.

I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Thank you.

A:Can't open Office 2010 docs

http://support2.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;290301&x=8&y=11

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-open-office-2010-docs.207502/
Relevancy 18.06%

Inbox repair fails to repair corrupt Microsoft Outlook2013 PST. Need a speedy solution to troubleshoot issue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-outlook-mail-corrupt.206909/
Relevancy 18.06%

I need to move 8 of my email accounts to a different PC that already has MS Outlook running on it with a number of other email addresses that I need to monitor. I would prefer not to add the new email addresses to Outlook and would prefer to access them on a separate email client. What are the best choices in this regard? Obviously, Outlook and the client would need to play nice with each other, but that shouldn't be a problem, these days should it? I ask because the last time I needed to do this, I used Outlook and Eudora and they did not have any issues with each other, even running simultaneously. Yes, I know, I am getting old...

I don't think that it exists, but an email client that works with Outlook calendar invites would be ideal.

Thanks!

A:Best Non-Outlook Email Client?

I've been using Thunderbird for years and have yet to find anything to replace it. At this point I've migrated all of my accounts over to it and have nothing bad to say about.

As for calendars, I don't really know if you can integrate the Outlook calendar to it. There is an extension called "Lightning". That will integrate with Google calendar but that's as far as I've ever had to go with setting up a calendar in Thunderbird.

And for the record... I followed a near identical upgrade path as you did from the late 90s Eudora to Outlook (up to 2007) then finally just jumped ship. Haven't looked back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-non-outlook-email-client.205987/
Relevancy 18.06%

I did an xp installation for a friend. I copied the store folder & iaf files from outlook express to a external drive.
When the XP install was complete - I imported the IAF file - mail sends & receives ok. However when I change the location of the store - I get an error on send and receive mail ?

Any ideas ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-store-iaf-problem.153466/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi folks,

I'm at the end of a closed thread - for which I have a similar problem with.

(topic69823l) Outlook 2003 Won't Open

and believe I've almost resolved the problem but can't get by the last step(s) in the thread. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Hack

I definitely believe it's a corrupt user profile for Outlook 2003, but I can't seem to locate these files in Doc & settings or Application data as instructed. I can login to XP under visitor and open Outlook (minus my contacts etc.)

Under Doc's & settings I have all users, guest, my 1st name and my initials in addition to a qbdataserviceuser. Neither of which have "application data" or "local settings"in them. What am I doing wrong or not getting...Best Regards

A:Outlook 2003 won't open (continued)

hi mate, can you link to that thread please or give us more detail of your problem.

i've had a few issues with 2003, some are solved and some are still frustrating me! lol

so what are you running? OS etc

what are your current issues with outlook?

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-wont-open-continued.153166/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi
Recently a Windows Defender definition update has been automatically applied to my Win 7 system. Immediately after this I am unable to access my calendar in Outlook - email, tasks etc all ok, just when accessing my calendar Outlook hangs and I have to kill it off. I have reset my laptop to a known, safe restore point several times but each time the update occurs and the problem re-occurs.

I do not run automatic updates but this one is seen as citical and is applied. I have even tried to hide the update but no luck.

Anyone else having the problem? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-calendar-problems-after-windows-defender-definition-update.204491/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a Outlook 2010 User, when he sends and recieve email, the status box shows offline address book hangs. However, he can still send and recieve emails. I have tried deleting the OST, recreated outlook profile, and redoing the local profile on windows 7 .

A:Outlook 2010 hangs on offline address

Hi,

If you are working with an OST file (with an Exchange server), then enable the cached exchange mode because somewhere it makes processing of Outlook faster.
If the above suggestion does not work to fix this bug, go and Uncheck the Download offline address book, and then click 'OK' from Define send/receive Groups.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2010-hangs-on-offline-address.203615/
Relevancy 18.06%

I would like to move my old mail messages into another file (not in outlook) where they would still be searchable (like they are in outlook). There are over 20K messages in my archive folder and over 20K in my current inbox folder. These are messages to an email forum I subscribe to and I often utilize the information so I need to be able to access it, but it is slowing down my outlook and search for other items unrelated to these emails. Suggestions?

A:MS Outlook 2007 - need to move messages

Use "search this folder only".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-2007-need-to-move-messages.203334/
Relevancy 18.06%

Every time I schedule something in Outlook Calender, it automatically get's cancelled right after I create it. Can anyone help me with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-calender-cancelled.152763/
Relevancy 18.06%

What is it with M$ - and why do their improvements turn out to be worse than the originals?
Live mail email handler is a case in point - beware that if you ever create and setup a @mail.com account on the thing it will wipe any previously installed accounts or logins whether you have a @live.com account or not. The contacts listing is vanished for you too.
Getting it back would have been tedious if I had not had a @hotmail.com account to install and log into instead - at least I got all my messages and contact lists back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-live-an-improvement-on-outlook-express.152747/
Relevancy 22.36%

Just remember this I owns the retail cds of Office How can I find the precious information on how to merges the cds for office into a DVD I remembered that I did the AIO All - in - one and it wasn t working to my expectation It didn t runs a setup that contains all of office stuffs instead it shows me as ISOs I m hoping Modifying Office files 2003 setup to have someone to provide the valuable informations on how to decompile and repacks the MSIs so I could reduce the numbers of MSIs to one I basically extracted entire of the Modifying Office 2003 setup files CDs into one folder putting everything in there and I noticed there s MSIs in the setup folder The size for total of cds brings up to around MB Each MSI has it own same master names as Microsoft Office and sub-category has it own different names how to includes the remaining of Office programs beside FrontPage I tried to modify the setup ini at O TRANSFERRED Office FILES SETUP and includes the several MSIs but it didn t work I would like to understand how to includes or modify the MSI and loads the features that are ready to be selected and installed by the only one setup instead of several setups in a several numbers of CDs I also would like to know how to integrates the templates and fonts into Office as well Screenshot attached nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modifying-office-2003-setup-files.152300/
Relevancy 18.06%

I've got office 2010 and for my calender I'm using outlook 2010's
but if I don't start outlook I miss a reminder that I have setup.

Is there anyway to have a calender always running in my task bar
to set appointments & keep an eye on my schedule during the day
instead of always having to start outlook or keep it running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-way-to-sync-outlook-2010-calender-with-my-desktop-in-xp.152139/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi. I've looked through teh Google results, but I can't find anything. Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms.

In Outlook (specifically 2013) you can press Today to go to the calendar view for today.

My problem is, that this doesn't auto-update. The next day rolls around, but the calendar view sticks. I need it to auto-update.

Any ideas?

A:Outlook calendar - auto-update Today

F.W.I.W., I just googled "how to auto-update outlook calendar" & I too found nothing so I'm guessing it can't be done so it'd be easier to (re)view past calendar events. Hmmm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-calendar-auto-update-today.203711/
Relevancy 18.06%

Good day I am using microsoft outlook on windows bit My email account is setup correct according to my service provider in coming and outgoing settings POP account When I do a quot test account settings quot it shows as successful When I send an email it shows quot send receive complete quot with no error message The email goes out and does not get stuck in the outbox PROBLEM - emails do not get delivered to the recipient I do receive emails When I use Roundcube my e mails get delivered so this is definitely not a server problem but a problem on Microsoft Outlook WEIRD - when I send an email from another account to the problem account and I ask for a read receipt and reply from the emails do delivered not get Outlook problem account the read receipt sends and get delivered from the test account I have accounts on my laptop and I have this problem on all accounts Everything was working fine till this morning Nothing new installed nothing changed on laptop Also re-installed Office No success ANY HELP PLEASE Thank you for your time H nbsp

A:Outlook emails do not get delivered

What antivirus do you have installed AND is it scanning outging email.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-emails-do-not-get-delivered.202377/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi,

I can't get my emails in my web outlook to stay in the inbox, what happens if i have outlook closed then emails sent to me will appear in my web outlook but once i open outlook and do a send\ receive then all the messages will disappear from the web outlook.
It must be just some setting, but i can't find it, any ideas would be most welcome.

David

A:Web outlook (owa)

Is the web outlook set to receive email from the smpt or pop3

It sounds like the web outlook and outlook are set to receive email from a the same account as I said above it is to do with the POP3 and SMTP Settings

Who is your Internet Service Provider
Fo e.g blueyonder
You would put in
POP3
pop3.bluuyonder.co.uk
SMTP
smtp.blueyonder.co.uk
If these settings are in both email programs if you only have one email program open is that will pick up your email but what happens is when you open up the a second email program that will also pick up your email from the same server thus taking any mail from the other email program.

So check your settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/web-outlook-owa.157861/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello All,
I just dow loaded outlook 2007 from comcast website and every time I try to open it this massage opens up first:

[/url][/IMG]

Can someone help me with this problem?
Thank You
Jon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007.151579/
Relevancy 18.06%

I need to cancel a recurring meeting that an ex-employee set up in their Outlook calendar and move that meeting to my own calendar set up. Is there a way to do this? This was setup on Outlook 2007.

Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/move-outlook-calender.151556/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm trying to read the e-mails from my old Windows 98 computer on my current Windows XP computer but I haven't been able to figure out how to successfully do this. The e-mail client on the Windows 98 machine was Outlook Express 6 and the one on my current XP computer is Outlook 2002.

I followed the instructions listed on the Microsoft support site (Article ID: 270670) for backing up the data from Outlook Express which left me with a folder of .dbx files (Inbox.dbx, Drafts.dbx etc) which I then burned onto a CD and transferred over to my XP computer. My problem is that now that I've done that I'm not sure how to get Outlook 2002 to import that folder of .dbx files or recognize it. I googled it but didn't find any helpful results other than links to expensive conversion programs. So could anyone here offer any help on the matter? Thanks in advance.

A:How do I import messages from Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2002?

Update: I realized that Outlook can't open the .dbx files and that Outlook Express has to export them to Outlook. However, when I tried this it only exported the messages in my "Sent" folder and none of the messages in any of the other folders, including Inbox.dbx which is about 500MB in size so I know the messages are in there. Any advice on what to do next?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-import-messages-from-outlook-express-6-into-outlook-2002.156266/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi Everyone
I hope someone can help or just shoot me.. LOL

Anyhow, MSOE was working fine for over a year, now it tries to install and config every time I open the program AND send and receive email. I have to hit cancel install with every email received otherwise it just keeps trying to install itself. Needless to say, I have several thousand emails I need to download and i can't sit at my computer and hit the cancel button in between receiving each email.

I've uninstalled and re-installed my entire Microsoft Office and it still does the same thing and have spent hours online looking for a solution. If anyone can go to a gotomeeting session with me so I can show you, I would be very grateful.

Please help if you can.

Thank you

Gabby

A:Outlook Express problem

I had faced same problem from last 3 weak but find any solution for that and eager to solve out this if any have more idea about this then please mention here so every one can see this solve out their problem and for that I appreciate you in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-problem.151346/
Relevancy 17.63%

After I dropped my laptop I could get no access at all but was able to remove the Hard drive and with the aid of a reader I was able to recover "my documents". But so far not the contents of Outlook express (e-mails sent and received and my address book).

What is the file path for recovering these items as I cannot launch Outlook express to carry out an export?

Thank you in anticipation

ff15

A:File path for e-mails in Outlook Express 2006

these are in the %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{...}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-path-for-e-mails-in-outlook-express-2006.155714/
Relevancy 18.06%

A person is using Outlook 2007. We recently migrated from Exchange server 2003 to 2010. The person claims that she had an e-mail with an attachment, and she opened the attachment once, but now when she goes into Outlook the e-mail no longer has an attachment. This happened two times with differnt senders.

Is this possible or is it that the person got confused to what she was doing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-attachment-dissapear.156017/
Relevancy 18.06%

Dear Friends,

I use outlook express for accessing my rediffmailpro account, some how when i try to sent a message, it shows the following error:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was Subject 'Re: Account: ' Server: 'smtp.rediffmailpro.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, Authentication failed or timed out. Please do get messages first to authenticate yourself.(#4.4.3)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

after some trials of automatic send-recieve the message gets sent, wonder if i have to send an urgent message how do i do that.

can anyone help.

vishnu

A:Unable to send message from Outlook Express

Delete the referenced email from your outbox.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-send-message-from-outlook-express.155770/
Relevancy 18.06%

Is there a way Outlook would remind me/not send an e-mail without a subject?

I tried this and it didn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-how-to-remind-me-to-add-subject.155742/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey everyone -

This is my first post on Tech Spot, but I've used this forum to look up many issues that I have at work (I'm a desktop technician for an insurance company).

Currently, I have a user that runs a macro in Word 2002 (Office XP) that opens and closes several Word windows to merge letters together and then it will suddenly crash. It seems like its always in different spots as well.

Yesterday I decided to put Process Explorer from Sysinternals on the machine and have it watch Word. When word crashed I created a full dump of the WINWORD.EXE process. From what I can tell it crashes on a VBE6.DLL (I don't have much experience with dump files). I've attached the dump file with all the information. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks -

Lurch

A:Word (Office XP) Crashes on macros

Hi Lurch,

Have you tried re-writing the macro from scratch? It might simply be that the Macro is caught in an endless loop somewhere due to a SYNTAX error.

james

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/word-office-xp-crashes-on-macros.155646/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi,

*Unable to send emails to external contacts. Only able to send emails to internal contacts.*
*Using Microsoft Exchange.*

I tried to send out an email to internal and external contacts in the first place but then Outlook prompted to restart. I restarted the Outlook thought maybe its the add-ins problem so I enable the add-ins but then when I try to send out the email again, it did not ask me to restart but close the program instead.

Did a test send to internal contacts only and it sent out (works) but with external contacts it gives the prompt again.

Problem solved: I deleted the Outlook profile and recreated it. Test send to internal and external contacts, WORKS!

*But instead of recreate the profile, are there any other ways to solve the issue?*

regards,
Booog

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2007-prompted-to-restart-when-try-to-send-out-email.201941/
Relevancy 22.36%

I tried installing MS Office 2003 on my laptop which has Windows Vista, but I got an error message saying something along the lines of that it's not compatible. But it also said something about how there is a way it can be compatible, but it didn't say what the way is.... How can I get it to install?

A:Unable to install Office 2003

Could you be any more specific (write down or provide a screen shot) of your actual error message. It will help alot for whom ever reads all this info in your, ummm, new thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-office-2003.151104/