Windows Support Forum

Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter stuck detecting adapter

Q: Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter stuck detecting adapter

I am desperate. really really desperate, I don't know what to do anymore

I spent a lot of money on a new gaming pc and it has been a complete nightmare from the start. I have wireless network at home so I had to het a usb wifi adapter, the Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter.

Its setup cannot complete because it is stuck eternally at "detecting adapter"

I sought online but it's only people reporting the problem and NOBODY giving a solution. pleas pleeeaaaase somebody help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter stuck detecting adapter

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Netgear N300 WiFi USB Mini Adapter stuck detecting adapter

Power down PC...while it off remove USB wifi adapter....power on PC. When PC has finished booting up, search in the uninstall programs list for any software related Netgear and uninstall it. Reboot and start the process again.

According to the system requirements for that device, it does not support windows 10, which may be you issue.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/fil...DS_03Jul13.pdf

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/128908-netgear-n300-wifi-usb-mini-adapter-stuck-detecting-adapter.html
Relevancy 86.8%

So I had just finished building and setting up my new rig yesterday and today I got a Netgear adapter. I installed everything and it went fine until it started going in and out giving me the "Default Gateway" error. I searched for what is now 4 hours and tried every solution possible, but I cannot seem to fix it. I will provide any information I can, just tell me what you need.

A:Netgear N300 Wireless Adapter Default Gateway is not Available

Welcome to Seven Forums,

When you installed the driver for your Netgear wireless adapter, did you download the latest driver from the Netgear's site?

Please provide an ipconfig /all for review.
Click on Start button then type cmd , see on the top right click on it and choose Run as Administrator. From the black screen, type the word ipconfig /all and press enter. Right click on the black screen or Command prompt then choose Select All and Paste the results on your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/234220-netgear-n300-wireless-adapter-default-gateway-not-available.html
Relevancy 102.34%

I have just bought my self a new laptop (MSI GE 72 apache pro) and I noticed that no software can detect my wireless adapter, when I installed connectify it said it couldn't find a wifi colnection when I was clearly on my home wifi. Now when I try to run a mac adress scanning program it can't find my wifi connection either. i have never had this problem on my previous laptop before. Anyone knows what is causing this ?

A:Software not detecting wifi adapter

can we see an ipconfig /all and a device manager screen shot

what windows version

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Windows + X Keys together and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​Or Right click on the windows icon - bottom left hand side - A menu appears - choose Command Prompt (Admin)[/indent]

For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R
Now type CMD
Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Device Manager

Please Post back the results in device manager as requested below

You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the screen shot and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.
If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

how to access device manager for different windows versions

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm

Hold the Windows key and press Pause key, should now open to allow device manager to be seen, see the menu on the left hand side

on a laptop you may need to use Hold the Windows key and press FN key + the pause key

If the above does not work then

For Windows 7 or Vista

Click on the Start Orb > In the Start Search box type > device manager and then press enter
or
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

For Windows 8 , 8.1 or Windows 10

If you happen to be using a keyboard with Windows 8, the quickest way to open Device Manager is via its shortcut on the Power User Menu, accessible by pressing the WINDOW key and the X key together.
If on a touch screen - have a read here http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/device-manager-windows-8.htm

Windows 10
Right click on the windows icon - bottom left and choose Device Manager... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-not-detecting-wifi-adapter.1163586/
Relevancy 101.91%

I work for a service provider and have had nothing but N300 detecting Problem (WNR2000) Netgear correctly. internet not with issues with these routers and only this model of Netgear Problem with Netgear N300 (WNR2000) not detecting internet correctly. router Customers buy them all the time because they are the cheapest router Wal Mart sells All of my DSL customers are connected to DSLAMs that are in layer config They are connected directly to a router that does the layer DHCP server function My modems are in bridge mode Yet every time a customer hooks up one of these routers the Netgear Genie thinks the router is connected to another router and turns it into an access point My customers are only allowed public IP address Problem with Netgear N300 (WNR2000) not detecting internet correctly. so you can see how this is a problem My question is why is it only the WNR that does Problem with Netgear N300 (WNR2000) not detecting internet correctly. this Literally every other router I ve used does not do this including Netgears They all detect the internet correctly and get a DHCP address and then pass private IP s to customer devices Any ideas I m about ready to just ban this router from my network and tell customers we don t support it nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/problem-with-netgear-n300-wnr2000-not-detecting-internet-correctly.1916807/
Relevancy 100.62%

I don't have this Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter to start a hotspot where do i find it???

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-Don-t-have-a-Virtual-Mini-Wifi-Adapter/td-p/5766952
Relevancy 100.19%

I have a netgear wifi adapter, 3100v2 and I'm getting an error message when trying to connect to wifi, saying it can't be established.

As far as I know I have the latest drivers for the wifi adapter and also downloaded netgear wifi genie to see available wifi signals.

I am 100% putting in the correct password. Tried about 10x.

Any ideas on what I can do to get it to connect to wifi?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383168-netgear-wifi-adapter-3100v2-not-connecting.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Dear Sirs,
Can smb halp me to give the information, What tipe of mini PCI wifi card i can to install instiad of 1704 with AC. I want to chenge the very old card 1704 to new card with  wifi - AC but you can not install any card. Tell me please what card with AC can be installed in Inspiron 5748 laptop? ( Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 -? yes or no 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990724
Relevancy 99.33%

Is there any way i can boost the incoming signal to my netgear wifi adapter,only fifty yards from router and showing two bars on meter

Relevancy 99.33%

Hi all,

Today I installed the latest netgear drivers for this wireless adapter of mine to hopefully improve my wifi signal on my PC, as it has been a bit slow recently and I thought the drivers were outdated or something. However since doing this my WiFi has now decided to disconect all the time meaning I am not really able to use the internet anymore. It just disconects me and I have to just re-conect again all the time. I have no removed those drivers and the problem still persists. Can anyone help?

Internet service provider is Virgin Media, also using a netgear router. I have AVG 2014 free on my PC. If anymore info is required I will add it

I have Windows 7 Enterprise N, a desktop not a laptop. Cheers,

Henry

A:WiFi disconects all the time on my PC-using Netgear WN311B adapter

Have you checked Event Viewer for clues?

Don't know if this would help but I had a similar problem that was not easy to find the cause of. I had my router set up to a static IP for my PC, but because of a bug in my Netgear router it couldn't handle Mac addresses beginning with something else than 00. So the router always kept trying to reconnect my PC because it couldn't allocate the correct IP to it.
The solution was to disable obtain IP automatically on my PC, and set a static IP outside the DHCP interval from my router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/345067-wifi-disconects-all-time-my-pc-using-netgear-wn311b-adapter.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I recently moved to a new home and I set up my pc and the wireless adapter can't even see the wifi despite picking up my neighbours which have very weak signals.
My phone and my laptop both see it and connect with full strength.

What do I do?

A:Netgear N300 can't see wifi

Try the factory reset. There's a a small reset button in the back, press it down (sometimes you have to use a pen if it's one of those pin hole things) for about 5 seconds and that takes it back to factory settings. At that point you can either run the install CD that came with the router, or set it up manually from your browser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-n300-cant-see-wifi.212510/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,

My desktop encountered some random BSODs after installing the Wifi adapter.

Also, my desktop had random freezes too and I'm not sure if the freezes and BSODs are related.

I've attached the zipped file for the BSODs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396938-random-bsod-after-installing-netgear-a6210-wifi-adapter.html
Relevancy 98.04%

So I downloaded and installed/uninstalled/reinstalled a few times and for some reason my computer still isn't seeing the Netgear wireless wifi adapter.

What do I need to do?

Thanks.

A:Netgear wireles wifi adapter still isn't working after driver install?

If you just bought it, you can call Netgear at 1-888-638-4327 for tech help (it free for the first month or so, then they charge for it).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373918-netgear-wireles-wifi-adapter-still-isnt-working-after-driver-install.html
Relevancy 96.75%

hi,
i bought this device from ebay but the driver for it won't work on win xp or win 7, system does recoize the device but software won't load m,windows can not match device to software so it won't install the driver. can you help me with this problem.

A:150Mbps 150M Mini USB WiFi Wireless Adapter Network LAN Card 802.11n/g/b

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you happen to know the name of the driver?

It will be on the CD that came with the product.

Look on the CD for the driver and please reply with the name of the folder containing the driver.

It will be something like "RTL8188SU"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/150mbps-150m-mini-usb-wifi-wireless-adapter-network-lan-card-802-11n-g-b-787010.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello, I recently had an issue with my wifi adapter that was solved earlier here but the problem resurfaced again when I booted up the computer and it was stuck at the loading screen with the HP logo. I held down the power button to turn it off and after turning it on my wifi adapter had 'disappeared' again. I believe that the boot up had something to do with this.  I  read that other users have had the same problem and I'm running system tests on the computer now, so far it passed quick tests but I'm running an extensive test on the hard drive now. Some help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Boot-stuck-at-HP-logo-resulting-in-wifi-adapter-disappearing/td-p/5743153
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello I registered to forums to get help to solve wireless adapter issue I am having I have been looking for help to IP could Wifi adapter network stack protocol bind not adapter in Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter Lenovo forums and AV provider problem is still on Background I changed AV software from Symantec to F-Secure I uninstalled Symantec software and installed F-Secure software Laptop is Lenovo T What happened First I recognized that ping commands caused Windows to crash Then I uninstalled some VPN softwares and ping started to work Operation did something to wireless and LAN connections they did not work anymore LAN started to work by removing LAN drivers from device manager and reboot After reboot Windows reinstalled LAN drivers and LAN was ok Wireless is a pain in there I have tried almost everything All Lenovo provided network softwares and power management tools are uninstalled and reinstalled together with wireless drivers Wireless driver is not recognized by Windows None of automatic repairs or wifi uninstallation operations have corrected problem I collected some logs which might help but now I do not know how to proceed Windows reinstallation is something which I do not want to do ------ Device Manager Device Manager has quot Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter There are no devices with exclamation marks ------ Lenovo software diagnose repair log Issues found Detection details There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter Detected Detected Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter Set up the wireless network adapter Completed Set up the network adapter to communicate with this network This ensures that both Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv and Internet Protocol Version TCP IPv can be used on the network adapter InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name BF E - CA- E E- EDA- D CDCCE Repair Admin etl The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Completed Windows Help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues Detection details Expand InformationalDiagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Manufacturer Intel Corporation Provider Intel Version Inf File Name C Windows INF oem inf Inf File Date July Section Name Install MPCIEX Lenovo HMC BGN WIN Hardware ID pci ven amp dev amp subsys Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type ------- It seems there is collision between Windows registry and device manager What can I do to repair wireless Thank for your help

A:Wifi adapter could not bind IP protocol stack to network adapter

Hi Ron, Welcome to Sevenforums.

Try this to start

Control Panel > Administration Tools > Computer Management > Services & Applications > Services.

Scroll down this list to find 'WLAN Auto Config'

Double click on 'WLAN Auto Config' On the general tab, select from the start up type drop down menu, select 'Automatic'. Under Service Status click on 'Start'. Then 'Apply' these settings and exit from all open control panel windows.

This should then allow Windows to set the required bindings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314713-wifi-adapter-could-not-bind-ip-protocol-stack-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I know there are several threads but they are with different cards and they didn't solve my issue...

I bought a new MEDION AKOYA P5334E and the system arrived installed normally with win7 home edition.

I've installed on the computer the win7 enterprise edition (x64) and many drivers could not be find. I've installed nost of them, except the display adapter.
It's stuck on "standard vga graphic adapter".
I have the AMD Radeon HD7570 card but no matter what I try is not working!!!
tried to uninstall the current driver, tried to download the driver from the AMD website (when executing it - it's running but does nothing).
when executed the auto detect from AMD website, I got the message "we were unable to find your product or OS"

Will be greatful for any help!!!
Thanks a lot!!!
Ori

A:display adapter is stuck on standard vga adapter

Welcome to the Sevem Forums, Oraz.

If you still have the DVD of Windows 7 home edition and if it is also 64-bit then you might find the graphics adapter driver there which might get installed. Otherwise try installing Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD7570 in Windows XP SP3 mode.

Another option is to try installing the Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD7570 that you have downloaded in the safe mode. In case the this driver gets loaded in the safe mode then it shall install too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/223641-display-adapter-stuck-standard-vga-adapter.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi there first time actually posting on this forum As the title says I have a Belkkin N Micro USB dongle that up until about a Adapter a all N300 issues Belkin Micro of internet sudden having week ago has worked like a charm Then out of nowhere it starts acting up Now every minutes- hours if I m lucky it Belkin N300 Micro Adapter all of a sudden having internet issues loses connection and I can no longer access the internet It will say that it is still connected but I can t do anything If i try to repair the connection it gets an error on the last step Registering DNS and can t fix itself If I attempt to go in and re connect to the wireless network it says that Windows is not managing the wireless networks and to turn Wireless Zero Configuration on which I have done However when I start it up there s no problem whatsoever until this happens again On a somewhat related note when this all started Belkin N300 Micro Adapter all of a sudden having internet issues something went wrong to where I couldn t connect to google com directly Rather I had to search google on Yahoo or some other site and then click google s link Not sure if that s relevant Anyways my room is too far from the router to run an ethernet cord to it I have already tried reinstalling the drivers for the USB dongle and no change I have seen from some other posts that the typical first response is to ask for the ipconfig all so I will post that below I uninstalled my virus protection have tried all the turn it off and on simple stuff and don t know what else to try Oh and my ISP is AT amp T through their UVERSE package deal the router is the typical Wire gateway that is associated with that plan Thanks TechGuy users and look forward to fixing this Cheers Evan IPCONFIG INFO Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings evan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- a fe cb Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ether net Physical Address - - - F- -E Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Belkin Wireless Adapter Physical Address - - B- - A- B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday August PM Lease Expires Friday August PM nbsp

A:Belkin N300 Micro Adapter all of a sudden having internet issues

If I attempt to go in and re connect to the wireless network it says that Windows is not managing the wireless networks and to turn Wireless Zero Configuration on(which I have done). Click to expand...

there maybe a conflict between the windows wireless utility and the belkin wireless utility - are these both running at the same time

would you post back the ipconfig /all when it disconnects

would you post the following tests when the internet is working OK, and then repeat ALL the tests when the internet disconnects.
Make sure you also indicate on the reply which tests are for what condition.
Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labeled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to haveNET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its l... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n300-micro-adapter-all-of-a-sudden-having-internet-issues.1064530/
Relevancy 89.44%

I bought the laptop with Win 8.1 installed. I was able to use Connectify software to tether internet connection from the ethernet to my phone through WiFi. After upgrading to Windows 10, trying to start a hotspot with the Connectify software throws the error "Your Wi-Fi adapter does not support AP mode. Please try updating the drivers for your Wi-Fi adapter". Trying to start a hotspot through command prompt using 'netsh wlan.....' throws the error "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" In the device manager, Driver Name :  Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi M.2 AdapterDriver Version : 7.35.344.0Driver Date :  1/26/2016 Seems updated. But, I am still not able to start a hotspot to tether the connection. Can anyone help me solve the problem?   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Adapter-Broadcom-BCM43142-802-11-bgn-Wi-Fi-M-2-Adapter/td-p/5689992
Relevancy 89.44%

I just bought a brand new Asus K52F and when the laptop goes into sleep mode the "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter & WiFi Miniport Adapter #2" fail. When i turn the computer back on i have trouble connecting to the internet, and the devices have error (code 43). I can still connect to the internet though. I have re-downloaded the drivers, rolled them back, updated them, everything but it hasn't worked. Any help would be sweet.

Also can anyone tell me what the white light up button next to the power button does??

A:WiFi Miniport Adapter/Adapter #2 Error

The virtual wifi mini port adaptor is used as a virtual wifi device so you can turn your machine into a wireless AP "access point" either with commands or the connectify software. The adaptor sometimes activates itself and causes problems, even when your not using it as an access point.

It should fix the problem if you go into device manager, go to "view" top of page, then choose "show hidden devices" which should allow you to see the mini port, disable the virtual mini port adaptor and that should fix the problem.

That little button next to the power button is a reset button, it's like restarting but a little different.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/129330-wifi-miniport-adapter-adapter-2-error.html
Relevancy 80.41%

A friend gave me a Netgear USB wireless adapter(WG111v2)model. I had no software so I downloaded it from Netgear. I am trying to load it on an older system running Win 98. The software loads ok but when you plug in the adapter the computer either reboots or locks up. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 80.41%

Last night I bought a brand new desktop and the Netgear N- USB Adapter to connect it to the internet because I don t want to run wires all the way upstairs Anyways I set up the adapter and everything was going fine The installation was a success it located my wireless router right away Adapter N-300 Help! Netgear and connected to it without a problem However I do not Netgear N-300 Adapter Help! have internet connection In the adapter smart wizard screen on the computer in the place where it should Netgear N-300 Adapter Help! say my connection status all it says is Netgear N-300 Adapter Help! I am sure that is my problem right there to why I am not connected to the internet but I don t know how to fix it I have been to several forums and tried several things to fix the problem but nobody has been able to help me yet Thank you very much I know that it cannot be the router that is having the problem because I am connected to the internet with it on my laptop right now nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi there,

I have installed a Netgear adapter ( N600 Wireless Dual Band USB adapter) on my laptop. The first part of the installation was successful. After I plugged in the adapter onto my laptop, a message 'detecting adapter" appeared on my screen and nothing happened. It appeared that the program installed do not detect my adapted. I tried to plug it in into another USB with the same result.

Can anyone help me please.

cheers,

Pascal

Relevancy 79.55%

I am working on a HP Multipoint Server (MS6000)with a O.S. (Microsoft Windows Server 2008) Standard, and have a wireless router (WNDR3400) in another computer which is about 40 feet from the HP Multipoint Server. I also have a Universal WiFi wireless Internet adapter (WNCE2001)that i want to install on the HP Multipoint Server. My Question is, will this setup work on this HP Multipoint Server.
tonchis

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wireless-adapter.989494/
Relevancy 79.55%

I installed a Netgear adapter on 2nd pc a while back. It is very balky. I installed it using their "wizard" rather than WZC. It connects and disconnects at least 3 times before it finally settles down and connects for the duration. I guess this is o.k. but I'd rather it ran a little more smoothly. I emailed their tech supp dept - they told me to essentially reinstall using WZC which I will do. They also said to disconnect the firewall I have running on the adapter pc as the router pc has a built in firewall which is probably interfering with the adapter software firewall - do you think this is ok to do? I know the Actiontec m1424wr router does have a firewall built in. Would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks

A:Netgear adapter issues

Just a thought.
Make sure that you do not have more than one wireless manager running.(Netgear and WZC).That will cause conflicts and quirky performance.
Regarding Firewall issues.
I have windows firewall running and my router has it's firewall running.No problem.Again,I would make sure that two wireless managers are not running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-adapter-issues.911828/
Relevancy 79.55%

I am trying to help my sister she has less knowledge than me.

She as a new laptop working fine on Netgear Router with AOL
We are now trying to set her old desktop with the netgear usb adapter.
Put the USB cd in the desk top finds the connection to Router,
When we try to connect to Internet no connection.
Should I have first used the ROUTER cd withe the cable to set that up first?
Sorry i am so vague but not really Tech minded

Thanks in Advance

A:Netgear router with with usb adapter

You should always configure a router with a wired connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-with-with-usb-adapter.878470/
Relevancy 79.55%

reformatted my computer .ethernetted my wireless router and downloaded avg 8.0 Removed the wireless router and tried to install netgear wg111t wireless adapter but it will not install please help

A:netgear wireless adapter

Well for starters do u have the disk that came with the adapter, because if you do then I would recommend that you just pop that in and install and then you are all set. If you don't then just jet on over to the netgear site and download the drivers for your adapter, install, and you will be all set.

Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/netgear-wireless-adapter-263294.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi PC at home is running XP Service Turns USB Netgear Off? Adapter Pack and the internet is supplied by a NetGear WG v Wireless USB Adapter and has been fine for a number of years now I ve just added an Access Point to the network to help with the signal around the house This is all working fine with a laptop running Vista and looked to be working fine with the adapter but I was having massive problems with the NetGear Wizard wishing to always validate the settings and always scanning I uninstalled the driver and wizard and started again no more validate settings and connection details saved fine Connected but still scanning so I ve now removed the wiazard and use the Windows utility to detect and control the wireless and this works but only for a few minutes The issue appears Netgear USB Adapter Turns Off? to be with the adapter after between and mins the blue light goes off and I lose net connection The only way to get it back is via a PC reboot and then it all works fine again for - mins Is this a known issue with the adapter Few years old so could be it s faulty but with USB devices I would expect it to fail and not work rather than the symptoms I have nbsp

A:Netgear USB Adapter Turns Off?

I wonder if it is the adapter, or power settings that turn off the port after an idle time. In your power options, in the advanced section, there is a section on USB where "USB-suspend" can be enabled or disabled.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-usb-adapter-turns-off.890934/
Relevancy 79.55%

I had a desktop with a N router and used this adapter with my laptop. I eliminated the desktop & router and now only use the laptop. Can this adapter be used for any other
application.

Thanks

A:Netgear WN111 v2 Adapter

Looks like it is also wireless G compatable,so you can use
it at open wifi spots on the road.
Should also be able to set it to ad-hoc mode in case you ever need
to transfer files to another wireless computer.
Other than that,networking is the only function it is designed for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wn111-v2-adapter.866131/
Relevancy 79.55%

O.K., First of all i have a netgear wireless usb adapter which is wirelessly connected to a linksys router on my uncle's computer which i don't have access to because he is on vacation. I have tried Mozilla Firefox and IE6 but they don't help.

So on to my problem. Most sites i try to connect to won't even load (i.e. microsoft.com). They just don't load.

I have no spyware and no viruses so im clean.

If any of you guys could help that would be great.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wireless-usb-adapter-help.380814/
Relevancy 79.55%

I recently installed Netgear WN511B wireless adapter on my laptop (vista sp2) but for it is working. First of all there is a blue light flashing on the device. Each time I try to connect through out Netgear smart wizard I get a message telling me that the device is not inserted.

I have reinstalled it several times but so far I have been very unsuccessful.

Can anyone help me please,

Cheers,

Pascal

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi I have just NetGear not but Problem 7 on with on xp adapter made a dual boot system with my win pc and installed XP SP Pro on it When I go into Win my netgear adapter works pergectly but when I tried to install it on Win XP it doesnt even recognise that it is plugged in but it does recognise my other adapter which i prefer not to use although I Problem with NetGear adapter on xp but not on 7 would if it was the only option The problem with the one that is recognised is that it doesnt seem to react to the drivers and I have tried doing everything the setup program says but it still wont work If anyone could tell me why XP doesnt even know that my netgear adapter is plugged in it would be great Or maybe tell me how to fix the problem with the other one - It s a BELKIN F D Wirteless adapter Hope to hear from someone soon Thanks P S Problem with NetGear adapter on xp but not on 7 If I have put this in the wrong section then I apologise in advance

A:Problem with NetGear adapter on xp but not on 7

FWIW: http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/297/~/f5d7050-wireless-g-usb-network-adapter---drivers

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404163/problem-with-netgear-adapter-on-xp-but-not-on-7/
Relevancy 79.55%

I got a Netgear WG111v2 adapter when I got a different computer, I know it works since the guy was using it when I bought it. However, now it won't connect to my router. I don't know what else to do, I've tried everything. Their tech support won't help me since it's used. I'm using Win Xp and when I run the netgear software, it says its scanning and it sees my routher but when I hit apply, it says validating setting but then doesn't do anything. This has been a week from, well you know, with computers. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shari

Relevancy 79.55%

i set up a Netgear wireless network and downloaded the driver for USB Netgear adapter i initially had no problem connecting to the internet from the desktop in my Daughters room but know im having a problem the Router is set up in our Living room and My Daughters room is approx 30ft from this, my Sons lap top which is farther away picks up the signal just fine i am using the WEP setting on the Netgear USB adapter and its shows a strong signal but briefly and then it swtches channels (i quess to find a Stronger signal) any help would be Great her computer software is Windows XP my router is Netgear WGR614v6 and USB is Netgear WG111T

A:Netgear USB adapter not working

try taking the WEP off run with NO secruity and see how that works.

although she is 30ft and your sons further away - it depends on what between the router and her PC - Walls, Doors, etc

My router is in the front bedroom cubboard and I can use it in the back garden - but one of the back bedrooms will not pickup the signal !!!!!

download this software - it will measure signal strength and all the other channels being broadcast - you may just need to change channels - maybe use 1 or 6 or 11

Free software to check signal strength of wireless is netstumbler 0.4.0 available for download from http://www.stumbler.net/

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/NetStumbler.shtml

http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/303-netstumbler.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-usb-adapter-not-working.565999/
Relevancy 79.55%

ok so i have this netgear wpn311 adpater that i was going to put in my windows 7 desktop 32 bit. i installed the drivers from the website, installed the adapter, set everything up. it connects to my home network and everything then it says aquiring network adress for like a minute then it says limited or no connectivity. i dont know whats the problem...do i need a netgear router or is it my modem/router? i have a 2wire 1701hg combo and have a laptop connect wifi and hooked up to a xbox 360. i've been trying to fix this for days but havent found an answer. i just dont know if its my network or the card .so i need an answer before i have the choice to return it.
someone please help about this thanks.

Relevancy 79.55%

Hey Guys, here's my situation:

Just installed windows 7 64 bit.

I'm using a pci wireless adapter chip, Netgear wg311v3 I installed the netgear driver automatically, and then installed the netger smart wizard. However, the smart wizard will not start up. I've done some research, and apparently netgear doesn't make 64bit drivers. I've also tried using the chipset driver which is a Marvell 88w8335. But I may not have used the right driver.

To sum it up:
I have a netgear wg311v3 adapter. Running W7 64bit. It won't run the wizard.

What should I do? Do I need to go back to 32 bit?

Thanks.

Dean

A:Netgear Adapter Won't Work

Hello JokerSmoker Welcome to the Se7enforums!

You may not find any past XP/Windows Server 2003 unfortunately since this seems to be a common problem for many. Unfortunately there is 64bit Vista support with the latest actually last going back to February 2008. Answer

In order to run the adapter on 7 you will need the 32bit 7 that will work with the 32bit XP/Vista update seen there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/16847-netgear-adapter-wont-work.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Okay this is kind of a funny story here but I will cut it short I have a Linksys Gateway Adapter WMP G V I have computers is wireless and the other is hardwired through the router detecting Computer adapter? network not modem I want to basically switch this setup meaning my wireless computer become hardwired and my once hardwired computer become wireless Everything went fine I took out my network adapter in my wireless comp and I hooked up the modem and router to my once wireless computer I could get on the internet fine with it by the way my router is a WRT GS v The trouble starts when I try to install Computer not detecting network adapter? the network adapter in my ONCE wired computer I slide it into a PCI slot successfully finish the Found New Hardware Wizard and everything BUT the Wireless Internet Connection icon is not in the taskbar When I go to my network connections there is nothing there Also device manager shows that it should be fully working Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, i have a laptop and it had a version of windows 8 release preview on it. I just finished re-installing windows 7 over top of it with the key that came with the laptop, and when i booted it up it could not connect to the internet. I did some troubleshooting and it looks like i have no network adapter installed. Also, in the device manager under other devices it shows and Ethernet and Network controller and both have a yellow exclamation mark next to them.
I have also read that i should mess around with some options in the control panel > network and internet > network connections menu but there is nothing there! I am at a loss so i am hoping maybe somebody here can give me some advice?

A:Windows not detecting a network adapter

Hi there ... Welcome to Seven Forums .. Its never a good idea to Install one OS on top of another one .. If i was you i would start again and do a Clean Install Of Windows 7 .. The Link below will help you achieve this .. When done you should run Windows Updates that should Install most of your Drivers .. Any that are missing can be found in the second Link below ...

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Satellite C655D-S5529 Support | Toshiba

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316512-windows-not-detecting-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi All Details I [SOLVED] Network Detecting Adapter Not just installed winXP as a second boot option following a thread on here [SOLVED] Not Detecting Network Adapter to use easyboot Everything went fine I can dual boot just fine My problem is WINXP does not detect my network cards and I cannot connect to the internet I downloaded the drivers on another computer and transferred them when I tried to install the driver I got [SOLVED] Not Detecting Network Adapter this error quot This installation package could not be [SOLVED] Not Detecting Network Adapter opened Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package quot Here is a link to the driver I tried to download and install Toshiba Network Drivers for Windows XP Vista amp Windows I downloaded an updated version of MSI but it did not work Download details Windows Installer Redistributable I downloaded the winxp file Here is my system details Win winxp-sp Updated to newest versions as far as I know Toshiba Laptop Satellete p I tried to remedy like I said but could not get any where Thank you for your time May the force be with you

A:[SOLVED] Not Detecting Network Adapter

Your model # is incomplete, if you go to the Toshiba Support site you can find model # and it will take you to the download page for your driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-not-detecting-network-adapter-542452.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi This is for Windows Earlier today my wireless network displayed an error reading something like There is limited or no connectivity I usually select the network and click Disconnect before reconnecting again However I have not been able to re-connect today since there is a red X preventing networks from being found I know that the wireless network is working for my laptop so there must be an issue with my computer I have tried restarting computer removing security from router resetting router to factory settings enabling and disabling network drivers uninstalling and reinstalling network drivers I have also tried several system restores some of which did not resolve the issue and some of which did not complete successfully Your help would be much appreciated At the moment I am trying to uninstall network drivers and then Network Please Help, Adapter detecting Thanks networks. not restart computer In my earlier attempt I uninstalled and scanned straight away so that Windows would reinstall them I doubt this will work P S Wired connection works fine nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,

I have a Sony Mavica Digital Camera that uses 8cm mini cd-rw disks. The camera came with an adapter ring to snap on to the mini cd-rw so that it can be read in CD-ROM drives with no inner groove such as mine. I lost the adapter ring and now have no way of reading the disks. There is an USB option but that doesn't work and I don't like to figure that out right now. I just want to know where can I purchase something similar to the adapter ring?

-Thanks,
Dan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mini-cd-rom-adapter-ring.96488/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi All,

I have a Seagate 500gb USB drive and I want to be able to connect to it with both of my PCs. So, I bought a Pluscom mini NAS USB adapter. Unfortunately the installation disc was U/S and despite several requests to Pluscom I've got nowhere.
I have connected the adapter to my router via RJ45 cable and I can see the device on both PCs networks. However, every time I try to connect with the USB hdd I am asked for a user and password. I insert the device's admin/admin but it's not what it wants. I insert the router's details, that doesn't work. I insert the respective PC's name/pw, that doesn't work.
Does anyone have any experience with this particular device and can help me, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nas-usb-mini-adapter-problem.1044483/
Relevancy 78.69%

I have just purchased a Windows 7 Home Premium PC and want to use the Netgear WNDA3100 wireless adapter to access my dual band n wireless network. Netgear doesn't have the drivers yet and can't tell me when they will have them. Anyone know of a dual band adapter that will work?

A:Netgear WNDA3100 wireless adapter

Same issue applies to me, PC built with new components and install of Win7 Ultimate with no ability of obtaining a Wireless connection. Quite Rediculous!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/31131-netgear-wnda3100-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 78.69%

How do you change the channel in the setting? I tried reading the manual, however, can not find anything on changing the channel.

Thank!!!!

A:WG111(Netgear) wireless adapter

the adapter should pick up all channels - looking at the manual you cannot change the channels - the channel will need to be changed on the router

try this software - it will tell you the settings of wireless networks channels broadcasting

Free software to check signal strength of wireless is netstumbler 0.4.0 available for download from http://www.stumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wg111-netgear-wireless-adapter.530857/
Relevancy 78.69%

We have been using a netgear router with a netgear adapter to connect our Element TV to the internet using a Samsung Bluray disk tv netgear no using internet connect adapter Two weekends no tv internet connect using netgear adapter ago we had a power outage and couldn t get internet in the house We bought a new netgear router and adapter identical to the former except that the router is for GH besides no tv internet connect using netgear adapter the of the former We now have internet on our phones and laptops but cannot get connection on the tv I have called tech support of netgear and samsung and tried all their suggestions They don t work So they say there is nothing else to do Really The bluray says quot online when I try to follow the tv menu so I would think the bluray is no tv internet connect using netgear adapter connected The tv setting says our internet is working and that we are connected The WLAN LED light will blink amber and green for quite a while then it shuts off The router and adapter with tv are all in the same room It is a quot wired quot connection as opposed to quot wireless quot Our laptops printer etc are all working wirelessly What do you suggest I am not very techno savy but am trying Have looked online but everything pretty much deals with wireless or connection with a PC You can even call me if that would help - Thanks Antlerridge nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

Hello,

Having an issue getting this adapter to run smoothly in Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I have installed the driver from the site and it runs ok to a point:

WG111 - NETGEAR.com

- The install comes with Netgear wireless software that scans for the hotspot and I am able to connect to my home wireless network. Somehow both the Netgear software and Windows Network and Sharing Center are connected; when I reboot the computer, I need to use the Netgear software to connect to my network, and then Network and Sharing Center is able to map my network successfully.

However when I try to connect to my wireless via Network and Sharing Center alone I'm not able to do it. I have to use the Netgear software first.

How can I configure this so that the network is automatically setup when my computer boots?

Thanks

A:Netgear Wireless-G USB Network Adapter

Most wireless devices come with software that will look for and connect to local wireless networks. I do not have your software, but it may have a "profiles" setting that will allow connection when that newtwork is detected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/77073-netgear-wireless-g-usb-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,
this is my set up

Windows XP
Netgear wg111v.3 wireless adapter
roadrunner connection
Belkin f5d7231-4 wireless g router

I can get on the internet, my netgear wizard shows me connected with it. I can't get on 192.168.2.1 or 1.1 to change my router settings and I can't connect my Wii to the internet. the little computer icon for netgear states I am connect to my belkin router but still i can't get the routers website to run. i can ping the netgear ip address but when I try to ping 192.168.2.1 or 1.1, the request times out.

Can someone help?

thanks

Relevancy 78.69%

I ve been trying to install a Netgear FA PCMCIA Ethernet adapter in a Toshiba laptop with WIN installed Here are my following problems the installation process calls for files that were not in the OEM WIN CD I searched and found several of the missing files from the web A few were in the CAB files or in the system files on the hard drive After finally getting all of the files required the installation finally completed but now I have a caution exclamation mark next to the device driver When clicking on the properties of this device the system Ethernet adapter PCMCIA Netgear indicates that I should reload the drivers Well that does not do any good I have many hours invested in trying to make this Netgear PCMCIA Ethernet adapter adapter work and I would be very appreciative if anyone can help me resolve this issue Another concern I have is once I get this installed what are my chances of getting it to work with the NETGEAR router nbsp

A:Netgear PCMCIA Ethernet adapter

It will work with the router if you get it working in the first place. Do you have the correct driver disk? Have you tried using another system to download new drivers from Netgear?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-pcmcia-ethernet-adapter.89597/
Relevancy 78.69%

Have Netgear WGR614 v7 router, and Netgear WG111 wireless adapter. My PC is Vista 32bit, and my wifes's new one is Vista 64bit. Mine is direct and connection fine. My wife's PC connects but the connection is not steady and at times intermittent. I suspect I have purchase wrong hardware. Can anyone help please....

The router was supplied by Time Warner, and their techs set it up. The have been back six times, and do not know what the answer is.

A:Netgear Router & Adapter Problem

Hi, Barnum, and welcome to the forums.

Did your wife's computer come with the wireless adapter or did you install it yourself? If you installed it, I am assuming you installed the Vista x64 drivers for it as well?

What happens when you connect her computer direct like yours?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/178462-netgear-router-adapter-problem.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I used the wireless adapter Netgear - WG v on my computer for weeks without any trouble at all At the time i installed it I remember I found out it didn t work didn t work well on windows so I downloaded some driver or something -- Don t really remember -- and it worked fine The setup file I m using http support netgear com NETGEAR problem wireless adapter app answe ail a id The computer Windows bit GB ram Suddenly today it stopped working I have tried a lot of drivers and even tried installing Vista bit drivers something that worked for someone in some thread but it won t work The adapter is recognized by the computer but the smart wizard won t launch I try to launch it and nothing seems to happen although the process is listed in task manager ---------- I tried installing it on my laptop - which is also using windows bit and has GB ram On my other computer it installed the software and then told me to plug in the adapter and press next As I did so a little box came up saying quot System initialization blabla quot and then it just shut down On my laptop however after the quot System initialization quot box showed up it continued Asking me to either use WPS to connect or manually enter the network info for some reason my other computer not the laptop doesn t go as far as my laptop does ------------- I disabled the windows firewall and my third party firewall - it NETGEAR wireless adapter problem still does not work I come to the box saying quot System initialization Please wait quot and it shuts down The smart wizard launches nothing shows on screen but I can see it in the task manager under processes and a little notification comes up telling me that the drivers have been installed ----------- I checked the driver installed on my laptop and my desktop computer They were the same exactly the same Both from NETGEAR both the same version the same date I also checked which drivers they used and it was the same system DRIVERS wg v sys and System drivers vwifibus sys nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

Greetings lads I recently bypassed my previous BSOD issue by simply replacing my HDD with a SSD and doing a fresh install of Windows bit Pro Where the computer is currently located I need to run wireless internet To do this I have used a NetGear wireless adapter quot WNDA v quot It's a nice adapter and it's worked fine for about years including immediately prior to adding my new SSD So I fire not Wireless will detect? Adapter NetGear up my fresh copy of windows and install my critical software Once all of that is sorted I go to install the drivers from the CD At one point it suggests that I insert the USB adapter and click next As NetGear Wireless Adapter will not detect? soon as the adapter is NetGear Wireless Adapter will not detect? inserted Windows NetGear Wireless Adapter will not detect? begins searching for a driver which fails On the same instant that I click next the proprietary software for the device says quot detecting quot This stays this way infinitely it seems and never detects the device If I just yank the adapter out it will say quot failed to detect quot so this leads me to believe it is at least aware that it's there I tried to backdoor it and ran a wired connection through my window down the outside of the house to my router LOL and forced Windows to search for it's own updated driver On most occasions it just says quot failed quot but I was able to get it to find one last night and it downloaded to before it just hung up for a while and then quot failed quot Netgear's website is offering no help despite this seeming to be a common issue Just wondered if maybe any of you lot had a thought or two

A:NetGear Wireless Adapter will not detect?

You are using the Netgear Smart Wizard software? Is your router dual band also?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/259237-netgear-wireless-adapter-will-not-detect.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I was installing a game, and a dialog box came up that said my Netgear Ethernet Adapter FA311 driver was out of date, and needed to be upgraded. Well, I went to the website and downloaded the drivers. There were folders for Wind98, ME, NT, 2000, etc. but none labeled for XP, which is what I need. And there does not seem to be an installation. Does anyone know which driver would be suitable for XP?

And any tips on how to install a new driver would help.

Thanks, R. H.

A:Netgear Ethernet Adapter Driver

Try having win xp search for the driver for you! Just search for the new driver while online and include "allow microsoft to search its online driver base" as one of your search options.
Personally, I find most everything microsoft recommends you do as bad advice! I turn those auto-features off and do it manually. They pop up unwanted and unneeded warnings when you are busy and tie up your bandwith with low priority chores at inoportune times. Chances are, your old driver is working just fine-perhaps the new version doesn't reboot Icelandic computers when the moon is full or something. If it isn't broken, maby don't fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-ethernet-adapter-driver.294457/
Relevancy 78.69%

I dont know what happened We have the netgear WGR MBPS router yeah i know its cheap with the MBPS usb adapter and wireless PC card and in our previous house all three worked together wont USB Netgear adapter connect! in harmony Netgear USB adapter wont connect! We have all dell computers one dell laptop and one dell desktop both with windows XP and just moved and brought a new dell desktop computer that has Windows XP same as the old computer We installed the netgear router software to the new computer but unlike before we can only get my dell laptop and the new dell desktop thats connected to the router to get online the slightly older dell desktop that has the USB adapter attached cannot pick up the signal from the router at all We tried uninstalling Netgear USB adapter wont connect! and reinstalling the software but no luck I dont understand it because the piece was working just fine up until the day we moved Could it be a problem with switching from Verizon dsl to Comcast broadband or maybe a new problem with the computer Please help nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

IS there anywhere I can obtain this driver for Windows 7 64-bit please. The official site requires me to register before I can even download it, so avoiding this would be a bonus. Thanks.

A:Driver for Netgear WG111GE Adapter

i just downloaded it from here:

Answer

without registering. version 1.5.0 for users outside the united states.

its nearly 30MB so i cant upload it. i can put it on skydrive if you cant download it from that link. let me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/122351-driver-netgear-wg111ge-adapter.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I just want to say Thank you in advance for any and all N900 Netgear adapter Wireless advice that might be offered with my problem I just moved into my new home and set up my internet connection through Comcast Apparently they now have modems and wireless routers built into the same unit and that s what they sent me I can t have my computer next to the modem router because of where the cable connection is located so I went out and purchased a Netgear N Wnda wireless adapter Netgear N900 Wireless adapter I chose this model because I play online games fast-forward to my problem When I m online every two-three minutes I will experience a second lag spike It s extremely annoying So I opened up the Netgear Genie application to make sure my connections were good and what I Netgear N900 Wireless adapter noticed is confusing It states that my PC is connected to my network but not connecting to the internet However I am still able to browse the web log on and play online games with the lag spike and various other applications that Netgear N900 Wireless adapter require an internet connection The other thing is the status light on the wireless adapter every so often flashes from it s current state of orange color to blue as if it s scanning for something This also coincides with the lag spike while I m gaming more often than not I m by no means a computer expert otherwise I wouldn t be here asking for your professional opinions So please bare with me if you suggest a fix and I don t understand it in it s entirety Again thanks in advance for any support you can lend Kevin nbsp

A:Netgear N900 Wireless adapter

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-n900-wireless-adapter.1109273/
Relevancy 78.69%

hiya peeps,
i have bin useing a netgear wireless pci adapter (wg311t) ever since i built this pc how ever i had to reinstall the drivers for it and to my supprize i cant find any drivers for it?! i have phoned net gear up who tell me there is no vista 64bit drivers for this adapter yet i had been useing it for around the past 10 months im so confused! there has to be away to get it running i just dont know wot it is .... ive bin trying to get this fixed for over 24hours with no luck anyone have any idears?

Relevancy 78.69%

Hi folks been a while since I have been on here but I know my issue will be resolved with the help adapter losingnetwork Netgear Wireless of you guys I am running my laptop with a Netgear WG T Mbps Wireless PC Card has been running great my router is some speedtouch thing but is compatable and has no issues My problem with the laptop card is it works OK for so long and then intermittantly loses the network a bit of a pain at times Has been running great for nearly a year now The PC card has a slight bend in it and a tiny crack clueless as to how it happened I am looking to replace this card as I think it is at fault as I sometimes lose the connection on work wireless also Was just wondering if you guys had opinions on Netgear Wireless adapter losingnetwork this as I can t see the laptop being responsible tried both PC card slots and reinstalling utilities amp drivers Thanks in advance for any response Mark nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

Hello All I am Adapter Microsoft Not Display PC 8.1 Wireless Detecting having an issue with my 8.1 PC Not Detecting Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter wireless display adapter I cant get my pc to pick up the adapter My build specs identical to this build How I Built My Custom Photo Video Editing PC for Under Motherboard ASUS M A FX PRO R CPU AMD FX- Black Edition Graphics Card Sapphire Radeon R GB DDR Gb Ram Windows Updated as of last night The issue is pairing the device For some reason I cant even get it to show up on my Add Devices list I click quot Add Device quot but it doesnt find any devices At one point I picked 8.1 PC Not Detecting Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter up a phone so it CAN detect devices but for some reason it doesn t see the adapter Ive updated windows to the most recent update and still cant get the thing to work The TV shows the adapter and says quot ready to connect quot but when I open the wireless display app Which I downloaded from the WinStore it says that the device is not connected paired Not sure if it matters but I was able to detect my chromecast through the same computer although that is a wifi connection I think Today I brought the Microsoft adapter with me to work and verified that the adapter does work with my buddy s android phone Downloaded a miracast app and it connected instantly Is there another way I can try to find the device with the computer What else can I try I looked for solutions online and found nothing helpful Thanks in advance for the help -Jonny

Relevancy 78.26%

When I start up my laptop, the network icon in the lower right area of the task bar appears with a red cross, "Not Connected", despite the Wi-Fi switch on the laptop being in the ON position. And after a few restarts, when the icon does say "Connections available", it only shows Dial-up & VPN networks, and sometimes Mobile Broadband Networks. It doesn't detect any wireless networks. Sometimes, the icon turns into a dial-up icon with a red cross.

I use a BSNL Broadband modem with a NETGEAR wireless router. I haven't faced this problem before. I ran diagnostics, and it says "plug an ethernet adapter". Please help !!

I have attached an image with the diagnostics result, and the troublesome icon is circled in the lower right corner.

A:Network Adapter not detecting any wireless networks

If you can post a screen shot of your ipconfig/all it would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/240019-network-adapter-not-detecting-any-wireless-networks.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Following a windows update Not Wireless Windows Detecting Adapter Network my desktop wasn t able to connect to my router Everything seemed normal apart from this the adapter appeared in Device Manager the list of available connections appeared as they should but Windows Not Detecting Wireless Network Adapter I would get the error message quot Windows is unable to connect to the network quot whenever I tried to connect I tried just about every fix I Windows Not Detecting Wireless Network Adapter found on Google but I was unable to resolve this Fortunately after simply restarting my PC a number of times it would eventually connect it s set to connect automatically to the network I was trying to reach So for a few days I would go through this routine of restarting a bunch of times to finally connect It was troublesome and of course I wanted to fix it so I tried to system restore to a date before it begun happening days back Turns out this was a mistake as after the system restore I was met with no connections at all On top of that my network adapter doesn t even show in the Device Manager any more After trying a few more options I decided to reinstall Windows That s pretty much where I am now - a fresh install of Windows and device manager still isn t finding my adapter not even as hidden device unknown or requires updates etc My motherboard is a GA-Z X-D H and I think have downloaded the appropriate drivers yet I still have no results The LED on my adapter doesn t work although I m not sure if it ever did although pinging in command prompt yields a response In my newbie realm of understanding this means that my adapter is still alive I took out the adapter and reseated it and the problem continues I hope it s a problem with Windows and not with my hardware I can hope for now at least that somebody here is more experienced than me aka everybody and has some insight to share as I m totally lost now Thank you for anyone who took the time to read this wall of text nbsp

A:Windows Not Detecting Wireless Network Adapter

I lean more towards the adapter.
1. The fact that it required several restarts to "come to life" and connect to your network.
2. A system restore did not fix the problem.
3. A clean install of windows 7 did not fix the problem.

Easy way to check, buy a USB wifi adapter, plug it in to a USB port and see if you can connect.
something like this

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-not-detecting-wireless-network-adapter.1132527/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello everybody. I am new to this site and I really need some help here. I my computer had gotten infected with some malware that led me to the extreme of formatting my hard drive. After this is done, reinstalled win XP and was going to use our COMCAST (internet provider) disk to restablish our internet connection but now, it is stating that my network adapter is not being found. its integrated i guess. I dont have the specs for my system, but hopefully I can get some basics onto how to get the internet going again!

Thanks in Advance

A:Just formatted and reinstalled WIN XP, not detecting network adapter.

have you been to the computer manufacturers website and download the drives for your specific model?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/just-formatted-and-reinstalled-win-xp-not-detecting-network-adapter-284213.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi Techguy Forum.

A few months a go I got a PC and so I bought this ASUS 802.11n USB Network adapter so I can connect to the Internet wireless. The OS for this PC is Windows 7 and the USB Network adapter works fine.

Since I am a gamer, I want to switch the Wireless over to my other PC (Windows XP) and connect the router locally.

Whenever I try to connect the USB network adapter on to my Windows XP it wont recognize it as a Network adapter.

I have tried installing the driver
Uninstalling, rebooting the reinstalling

I notice the USB device doesn't light up when it does when I normally connect it to my Windows 7 PC.

I am using a ASUS N13 802.11n usb wireless adapter by the way.

Relevancy 77.83%

I recently bought a bluetooth adapter online (Mini Wireless Bluetooth v2.0 USB 2.0 Adapter, Square Shaped). I just got it today, but when I pluged it in, it did not work correctly. I get a error code 1 and the device is not configued correctly.

It is listed as
MotioninJoy Virtual Xinput device for Windows

The hardware ID is
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_1989
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001

A:Driver help for a mini bluetooth adapter

Though i don't know too much about your problem, it did lead me to this site.
It is Motion in Joy related, so may be of some help to you.

Of course others here may still be able to assist.

Jon

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/157480-driver-help-mini-bluetooth-adapter.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Windows Motherboard Gigbyte p a-UD- r-b I have a Intel dual band WiFi mini PCI help installation express pci Adapter to adapter mini PCI to mini pci express Adapter installation help pci express http www intel com content www us en wireless-products dual-band-wireless-ac- -bluetooth html I recently bought a mini pci express to pci-e adapter that had PCI to mini pci express Adapter installation help antennas from ebay http www ebay com au itm trksid p m l amp ssPageName STRK MEBIDX IT I installed them mini pci-e into the pcie with one problem which i think doesn t matter the intel mini pci-e does not reach the top screw holes of the adapter but the antenna wires are still connected to it I then placed the pcie adapter into a pcie slot on the motherboard of my pc When turning on the computer my windows recognized drivers and installed them all From memory i know one was a USB composite driver and the remaining were USB input devices This confused me immensely I dont know what to do next to be honest Obviously its not working properly and furthermore the USB PCI to mini pci express Adapter installation help composite driver is under the Universal seriel bus controllers group in device manager with the other three under Human interface devices Now i received a cord with the mini pci-e to pci-e which plugs into the side of the adapter you can see this slot in the photos of the ebay link above but the actual cord is not in the photos I did not attach this cord as i do not know where it goes on the motherboard I have attached the photo of the cord- the white end goes into the pci-e adapter so that fine the black end is where the trouble for me is Im guessing this may give power to the adapter when plugged in Any help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

I have one of those micro mini Need wireless for driver adapter USB mini USB wireless adapters that I m trying to get working on a reconstituted Win HP box I have a fresh install of Win but have no idea where the driver for the adapter is so the machine does not see it I m not even sure it needs a driver Here s the weird thing I recently plugged the USB wifi thingie into my other box Win Pro in order to get the PC talking to Need driver for mini USB wireless adapter my smart TV across Need driver for mini USB wireless adapter the room so I could watch Netflix and it came right up fine with no tweaking I didn t do a thing except reboot If it needs a driver it somehow just found it or does not seem to want one On this nd box with Pro I can also easily get to the display shown in attachment that shows wireless bars but on the st PC with Win Home Prem going to Control Panel - gt Network and Sharing center produces no such display All it shows is the broadband connection to the cat cable running to my router It s like the Home Prem system does not support wireless I did reinstall all drivers from the GByte disc that came with the mobo Any ideas nbsp

A:Need driver for mini USB wireless adapter

Have you tried different USB ports?
Especially the ones on the back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-driver-for-mini-usb-wireless-adapter.1144832/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a mini pcie mSATA card that I want to use for a desktop of mine. Kingston sm200s3 60GB

I believe there are only 2 options.
1. SATA > SATA adapter > mSATA card
2. PCIe slot > PCI adapter > mSATA card.

As far as 2. goes; I have found a card that fits into a PCIe slot which has an input for the mSATA card.

I know that this is not the ideal way to hook up the card but I don't see any more options.

Which is there better way to go or what am I missing?

A:Mini PCIe and adapter VS. SATA

Whatever has an mSATA interface for it will work.

From here SSD Kingston 60GB SM200S3/60G mSATA p/ Ultrabook,tablet - Atera Inform?tica

its a SATA 3 device, so for optimal performance you should use something that can guarantee enough bandwith to not bottleneck it.

PCIe bandwith depends from number of lanes used (a x1 card has one lane, a x2 card has two and so on) and the PCIe revision/version of both devices. The panel on the right here gives all speeds https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express so just multiply that by the number of lanes the card has and you will find out its bandwith. SATA 3 has 6 GB/s of theoretical max bandwith, although actual transfer speed does not go above 1 GB/s afaik.

This Mini PCIe PCI E mSATA Intel Samsung SSD SATA 3 III Adapter Card with Case | eBay

this SATA III Dual Port to mSATA X 2 w/ PCI-e Bracket | MSATA-2XS3-BKT

are examples of what you listed as 1, and stuff I would orient myself towards if my mobo had SATA 3 connectors already. Because... hey, why waste PCIe slots for that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314753-mini-pcie-adapter-vs-sata.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I recently purchased a Compaq Presario desktop with no integrated wifi. So I picked up a usb adapter. The Retail Plus website says the adapter is compatible with Windows 7. However, after I run the setup and plug in the adapter, the drivers do not install. My apartment is wireless only, so I can't connect my desktop to the internet to download drivers. I do have a laptop with wifi, so I tried installing the usb adapter on it. Everything went smoothly and the usb works on the laptop. So I tried putting the drivers on a disc and putting them on the desktop, no luck. I downloaded a package from the Retail Plus website and I still cannot get the drivers to work.

Unfortunately, I am not very computer savvy. Any suggestions to make this work?

A:Retail Plus Mini Wireless USB Adapter

Hi jatermeer , Welcome to the forums , Power off the laptop , insert the usb adaptor, power on the laptop and windows will find the driver for you

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/109291-retail-plus-mini-wireless-usb-adapter.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I left a mouse adapter inside the USB port of my HP Mini laptop. I never used the mouse, but kept it in there just incase. Never gave me any problems until i noticed a burning smell coming from the case. I started receiving tooltips in the corner that the adapter wasn't being recognized, and so i reached to pull it out and discovered it was very hot.. after pulling, it had split into two parts.

How this did happen? The way it was built, the case never gets enough cooling.. but it doesn't seem normal for heat to have gone straight to the port like that either, other components should have melted way before that.

HP Mini

A:HP Mini crispified my mouse adapter?

My guess would be that the dongle was the problem, early failure. I don't think the netbook made it hot enough to cause a problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347286-hp-mini-crispified-my-mouse-adapter.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I was wondering what would be a good, quiet, 250-300w ac power supply for the mini itx form factor?

A:What's a good mini ITX power adapter?

This might be one

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817148044

(copy and paste it, sorry it won't let me post links yet)

It's a mini itx, and got good reviews, and it's 250 watts. Also newegg is a great company i use them all the time for electronics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-good-mini-itx-power-adapter.159651/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi All
Attached is a picture of a Mini Disc Adapter and after a long search I am having problems trying to find out who sells them, because my main computer has a slot instead of a draw to load dvd/cd's into it does not take the little mini cd's that often come with hardware purchased with software to put on your computer.
I have to load it on to the other computer, copy all that is on the disc and put it on my external drive then transfer it to the main computer.
I know I could set it up to transfer from one computer to another but I don't want to have two computers on to do one job
if anyone knows where I can buy these, on line or at a physical store, (does not matter what country) could you pass that info on, much appreciated

Relevancy 77.83%

I am going around amp around with this I purchased this adapter in Jan address drops adapter Netgear ip Solved: and it Solved: Netgear adapter drops ip address has never really worked right I have gone through a bunch of routines on TSG and think it is solved but then it fails again I have reinstalled it a number of times and updated the drivers to the most recent version Still no luck I contacted Verizon to see if something with their router was affecting it - they changed a couple of router settings channel change and G solely That seemed to work for one day and now back to not working at all Verizon said perhaps I need a signal booster for it I live in a sq ft home which it should work in I think It is also on the second floor - router on first I have dealt with NG tech support many times Solved: Netgear adapter drops ip address but to no avail Reinstall software amp drivers was their solution Which I did So I have done ipconfig all for you to see - it follows Would appreciate any thoughts Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings PvN gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name pvn-rose Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NETGEAR WG v Mbps Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - F- - D- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello anyone--I have a friends tower that he gave me because it had antivirus 2008 virus on it. Well I got rid of the virus, had to do it manually because I am unable to get on line with it. It has a NetGear FA310TX ethernet adapter installed on the motherboard. When I open up the network connections it shows the FA310 is not connected (but it is) and an 1394 Net Adapter that is (but it's not). Where is the 1394 Net Adapter? I have a SoundBlaster Audigy card that has a funny looking plug marked 1394 but my ethernet cable won't fit in it. If I take out the sound card will that remove the 1394 Adapter?? Also, I have no manual for the FA310TX, how can I tell if the card is blown?? Both adapters show up in the device manager with no problems. Thanks for any replies.

Relevancy 77.83%

Recently I received a message from the quot Action Center quot that there was an issue with the NDIS Protocol Driver I downloaded a fix for this problem but it told me that the fix didn't apply to my system Adapter related to possibly Netgear BSOD USB I also uninstalled this driver per one of the threads on this forum About the same time I started receiving blue screen error messages and my computer would keep failing on restart due to a startup BSOD possibly related to Netgear USB Adapter error My instinct is telling me that BSOD possibly related to Netgear USB Adapter there is something wrong with either the Netgear USB Adapter that I'm using or the driver that operates it My OS is Windows Home Premium bit I'm BSOD possibly related to Netgear USB Adapter a novice with technical issues so I apologize if this explanation is unclear I would appreciate any feedback recommendations that you experts can provide Thank you Here's the error that appears whenever the computer is restarted after the blue screen Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC D BCP FFFFF FB D BCP FFFFF F D BCP FFFFF F OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users TRADMFOREVER AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:BSOD possibly related to Netgear USB Adapter

Run this and post the dumps

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272427-bsod-possibly-related-netgear-usb-adapter.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I used the wireless adapter Netgear - WG v on my computer for weeks without any trouble at all At the time problem wireless NETGEAR [SOLVED] adapter i installed it I remember I found out it didn't work didn't work well on windows so I downloaded some driver or something -- Don't really remember -- and it worked fine The setup file I'm using http support netgear com app answe ail a id The computer Windows bit GB ram Suddenly today it stopped working I have tried a lot of drivers and even tried installing Vista bit drivers something that worked for someone in some thread but it [SOLVED] NETGEAR wireless adapter problem won't work The adapter is recognized by the computer but the smart wizard won't launch I try [SOLVED] NETGEAR wireless adapter problem to launch it and nothing seems to happen although the process is listed in task manager ---------- I tried installing it on my laptop - which is also using windows bit and has [SOLVED] NETGEAR wireless adapter problem GB ram On my other computer it installed the software and then told me to plug in the adapter and press next As I did so a little box came up saying quot System initialization blabla quot and then it just shut down On my laptop however after the quot System initialization quot box showed up it continued Asking me to either use WPS to connect or manually enter the network info for some reason my other computer not the laptop doesn't go as far as my laptop does ------------- I disabled the windows firewall and my third party firewall - it still does not work I come to the box saying quot System initialization Please wait quot and it shuts down The smart wizard launches nothing shows on screen but I can see it in the task manager under processes and a little notification comes up telling me that the drivers have been installed ----------- I checked the driver installed on my laptop and my desktop computer They were the same exactly the same Both from NETGEAR both the same version the same date I also checked which drivers they used and it was the same system DRIVERS wg v sys and System drivers vwifibus sys

A:[SOLVED] NETGEAR wireless adapter problem

I HATE MYSELF SO MUCH.
BONJOUR WAS NOT ON, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. I SPENT DAYS ON T HIS ****.

Well that was the asnwer - if anyone else stumbles across this thread with the same problem as me.

I had to start the service Bonjour.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-netgear-wireless-adapter-problem-647591.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello,
I have a Netgear DGB834Gv3 router and a Netgear WG111v2 adapter. When first setup I was wireless for about a week. Then I tried to update my security settings and went for a WPS2 PSK setting with password. Since then I have not been able to get the two to communicate. The router seems to be sending signals as it appears in the Available Networks window, and the adapter seems to be flashing blue lights occasionally, but the adapter won't pick up the signals.
Any ideas, please?

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi there,

I need to buy a new wireless router as my old one keeps heating up and dropping it's connection and requires reboots to get it working again for a few hours.

I was thinking of buying the NETGEAR DG834G wireless ADSL2+ router but I need to know if it is possible to set it up by using a wireless adapter rather than using a LAN connection. I managed to do this with my old Linksys WAG54 and need to know if I will be able to do it before I purchase this one.

Thank you for reading.

Ps: Should I buy some netgear USB receivers? Or should my old Linksys ones work??

Relevancy 77.83%

I have read a number of other posts (here and elsewhere) about getting a WG111 to work with W7 on my new computer and haven't had any success. Can someone help by providing click-by-click directions? I'm not a complete novice but clearly not clever enough to follow the directions previously posted. My kids are completely frustrated with having a new machine but being able to get online.

Thanks!

A:Netgear WG111 wireless adapter won't work with W7

Witch WG111 are you talking about?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/50342-netgear-wg111-wireless-adapter-wont-work-w7.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi, I'm running W98 plus and I have had the netgear WG311 v3 adapter hooked up to this comp. in the past and it worked fine. We removed it to put on another comp. we then switched it back to current comp. and everything installed fine and it appears as though it is connecting to our router and then it will just keep scanning through the channels and the comp. will slow down. I never get the connected to the internet alert and when I press ctrl+alt+del There are 10 or more ipconfig commands opening up. and winoldap keeps opening up. I tried to uninstall and reinstall 4 different times. I'm not sure what I can do from here. Is this a wireless adapter issue you think or computer issue, anyone have any ideas.
I have tried the netgears site for troubleshooting, and their site is useless.

Relevancy 77.83%

my computer is windows 7 and from what I read all I should have to do is put it in usb port and it will install. No drivers needed

A:won't recognize netgear wn111v2 wireless adapter

I'm pretty sure that's the model I have on my kids' PC. What you need to do is download the drivers (Windows 7) and install them prior to plugging the adaptor in. It will then prompt you when to install the adaptor, once all that's done Windows 7 will see it and you should be up and running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299376-wont-recognize-netgear-wn111v2-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Im trying to install this on a Dell Demension 4700 with win xp professional, I get as far as the setup, but can't go any further, the software wont let me set up any wireless. Not sure what's going on could use some help please.
Heidi

A:NETGEAR WG311v3 54Mbps Wireless PCI Adapter

have you tried installing from device manager
you should have a yellow ? or ! right click and install from there and then point to the CD driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wg311v3-54mbps-wireless-pci-adapter.1052141/
Relevancy 77.83%

Well it seems that after I've installed the Windows bit home premium edition my wireless adapter NETGEAR RangeMax WN B is not working properly RangeMax PCI wireless adapter issues NETGEAR My internet connection continuously drops and reconnects It's not my ISP as my wife's computer is working just fine I've done ping tests on both computers Her computer is currently receiving an average score of about ms while my windows computer is fluxuating between ms and disconnecting My computer is not showing the adapter in the hardware section of the computer I've downloaded the most up-to-date drivers from NETGEAR and even contacted their support line Their support line NETGEAR RangeMax PCI wireless adapter issues wants to NETGEAR RangeMax PCI wireless adapter issues charge dollars for them to tell me how to fix it I'm hoping that you guys have heard of this issue I've done some research online and there has been a TON of complaints about this very same issue When I ran this adapter on my Vista system it was smoking fast and I could pull download speeds greater than MB per sec and sometimes even MB per second with my current ISP Right now I'm having trouble pulling KB s I read a few posts on this website and there seemed to be some discussion on a solution I've tried to completely re-install the device with no luck My feeling to the problem is this Windows is recognizing the adapter as part of the motherboard as opposed to its own separate device Does that make sense Even though it's in the PCI slot the OS is not seeing it as a separate device Thanks for anyone who can help me out with this problem Sincerely Clyde Hunter

A:NETGEAR RangeMax PCI wireless adapter issues

I came across this at Amazon (of all places...). Maybe it'll help:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R12FC0Q...R12FC0Q877TUG4

There seems to be a few more 'solutions' in the same user review thread. Here's all the reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-WN311B...owViewpoints=1

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/172040-netgear-rangemax-pci-wireless-adapter-issues.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi, I am trying to share my internet via the rangemax wireless adapter.

I've read through a couple of guides but stumble at the same hurdle everytime...

I do the following: Open "Network Connections" and right click on LAN connection. Then I select "Properties". In "Sharing" tab I click "Allow other network users to connect through...".

Now according to the guides I should have the option to select the connection (the wireless adapter) from a dropdown list but I don't have the dropdown list.

ICS is running and set to automatic startup.

I am using a Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit) desktop pc and the Netgear Rangemax WN111v2 wireless adapter.

A:Trying to setup ICS using Netgear WN111 Wireless USB adapter

Hello,

You might want to check out this Microsoft Article to troubleshoot ICS. It is quite helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317688-trying-setup-ics-using-netgear-wn111-wireless-usb-adapter.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running wireless with a Netgear WGR v router all firmware up to date The onboard Intel Pro BG card died and I replaced it with a Netgear WG v adapter driver up to date Since I ve installed it I get intermittent blue screens citing WG v xp sys as the cause Event viewer shows a DCOM error with an event ID of stating this Event Type Error Event Source DCOM Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User Computer Dell Description DCOM got error quot The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it quot attempting to start the service RegSrvc with arguments quot -Service quot Netgear adapter wireless WG511v2xp.sys BSOD in order to run the server A E -EBB - E -AF A- A B E Navigating through that takes me here in the registry editor C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe That confuses me because I uninstalled the Intel adapter software and hardware I don t know what other information you might need to help diagnose this issue but ask away Thanks in advance for any help Anyway here is the hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf ss exe C WINDOWS Netgear WG511v2xp.sys wireless adapter BSOD System svchost exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system dumprep exe C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather exe C Program Files I kfanGUI I kfanGUI exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster RegistryBooster exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CamTray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v wlancfg exe C Program Files Nikon PictureProject NkbMonitor exe C Program Files Google Web Accelerator GoogleWebAccWarden exe C Program Files Google Web Accelerator googlewebaccclient exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Ex... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wg511v2xp-sys-wireless-adapter-bsod.577896/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi Guys I recently got my NETGEAR N MB s Wireless USB Adapter today as my computer has no Wireless card built in It can connect but after time it suddenly drops I think if I get MB s it will boost the signal range I get a really slow speed too the computer is in my bedroom and Connectivity NETGEAR Issue. Adapter Wireless USB the Router is in the NETGEAR Wireless USB Adapter Connectivity Issue. Kitchen and NETGEAR Wireless USB Adapter Connectivity Issue. I can not move the computer - so that might be an issue but my iPhone can connect but occasionally I will have to renew the lease And my previous Netbook worked until some time until a certain point If the Adapter stops working to fix it I unplug and plug it back in The Router I have is a VirginMedia MB s NETGEAR DGN SP I am thinking about getting a High Performance N Adapter instead as that has better connectivity and avoids interference etc What do you guys suggest I do Thanks for your help

A:NETGEAR Wireless USB Adapter Connectivity Issue.

Check the channel you are using on the router and get it as far from cordless phone as possible. Try to use upper channels 6-11.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204449-netgear-wireless-usb-adapter-connectivity-issue.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I installed a N WiFi USB Adapter Model WNA to my desktop without first checking for updated drivers I used the CD that came with it for the install This has caused a huge problem I can t boot up my computer except in SafeMode So I couldn t download the utility above I am using a different computer to access this site However I am running Windows and here is some info that might be helpful to you OS Version Locale ID The Blue Screen error is as follows A problem has been detected and windows has Blue Screen USB adding after Adapter Netgear been shut down to prevent damage to Blue Screen after adding Netgear USB Adapter your computer A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working Blue Screen after adding Netgear USB Adapter version Technical Information STOP X C X F X XFFFFFA BB DB XFFFFF FA a util sys-Address FFFFF FA base at FFFFF date stamp b I was on the phone with Netgear support for a couple of hours and they couldn t figure out how to uninstall the bad driver I see the bad driver but there is no uninstall when I click on the driver in programs I did download a new driver onto a flash drive but I don t know how to replace the bad one with the good one Thank you for your help nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello Community:

I can't get my Netgear N900 USB adapter to work on my B130 with Windows 7 installed.  The N900 shows up in the device manager and says that everything is OK and that the driver is up to date.  The N900 installs when Windows boots up.  I have removed the WiFi card that came with the laptop and removed the Broadcom manager as the N900 didn't  work when I had it installed.  When I run the Win 7 diagnostics it says there is a problem with the adapter.  says driver problem. 
Can anyone help me out. I am stuck with the B130 until I can save up enough money to buy a better system.
Jim

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19974547
Relevancy 77.83%

Well I Reformated My Computer And Now When I Install My Netgear MA311 Wireless Adapter It Reads It....So Then I Start Playing Battlefield 2 For Some Time Around Like 45 Minutes Then Out Of Nowhere I Get A Wireless Connection Problem And Then I Quit And Then I Try To See What The Problem Is And There Is No Trace Of My Netgear MA311.....

I Go To

Control Panel
System
Hardware
Device Manger
Adapters

And It Just Shows My Motherboards...

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Just0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-ma311-wireless-adapter-problem.490606/
Relevancy 77.83%

Are there any drivers that work with Windows 7 for this device...

A:Need drivers for NetGear WG111v3 wireless usb adapter

Does this not work?
Answer

Compatibility mode, perhaps?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/26075-need-drivers-netgear-wg111v3-wireless-usb-adapter.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I am having difficulty with this USB adapter I am running XP Professional Version Service Pack Intel R Pentium CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM After being online for over a few hours I get a window that pops up and Troubleshooting USB WG111v3 Adapter NETGEAR wireless tells me that an error has occurred and Netgear needs to close I just slide it down tothe bottom of the screen and my internet connection remains intact However it seems to be hit or miss When I turn the PC off and reboot again rather than getting a window showing that I am connected to the Internet the NETGEAR WG v SMARTWIZARD window does not load properly and a window pops up with an error message NETGEAR tech support has identified this as a software issue and has taught me how to go into My Network Places right click properties for the Wireless Router Troubleshooting NETGEAR WG111v3 USB wireless Adapter and go through a process to get windows to recognize the wireless router Once this is done I unplug the USB unit and then plug it back in to get online This works sometimes other times it doesn t What I have been doing lately is just an experiment to see if I DON T get the error message if I plug the USB unit into a different USB port I m just trying to find a way to get consistent internet connection Can anyone offer me any suggestions Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubleshooting-netgear-wg111v3-usb-wireless-adapter.773127/
Relevancy 77.83%

I picked up two of these for almost free.

On the box it says 'requires MA401 Wirless PC Card.'

Won't any card work?

Relevancy 77.83%

I have a NETGEAR wireless -G Solved: Wireless problem NETGEAR adapter USB Solved: NETGEAR Wireless adapter problem adatper WG v I have been using with ATT Uverse I use the wireless underneath the main router which has worked excellent My PC was custom built in or and the OS is Windows XP service pack My PC crashed so I had to reinstall Windows XP SP using the original disc and I had to reformat the hard drive I can no longer get the NETGEAR adapter to acknowledge the wireless router as I installed it using the software in the same manner as before My question is since the original Win XP S CD is old and I cant receive any windows updates because I cant connect to the internet is there an option of downloading any windows XP updates or drivers needed relating to this NETGEAR issue from another PC via the internet on CD and copying them to my newly restored PC I would appreciate any feedback you might have as I really like the NETGEAR products Thanks for your time Jerry Frost nbsp

A:Solved: NETGEAR Wireless adapter problem

did you install the driver for the wireless adapter - with the wireless adapter plugged in lets see the following
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector Download and install

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netgear-wireless-adapter-problem.991515/
Relevancy 77.83%

I'm trying to make my laptop work with a wireless network adapter.
It gets stuck on 'Acquiring ip address'.
Running microsoft windows xp service pack 3
My router/modem (it's a 2-in-one provided by my ISP) is made by Inteno.
2 months ago i installed a portable modem and ran perfectly but after i stop using it i got "Erorr 623:The System Could Not Find the Phone Book Entry for This Connection." The portable modem is: "Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)"
​Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : hellraiser

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : 3Com 3C920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller (3C905C-TX Compatible)

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-08-74-4B-DB-F7

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NETGEAR WG111v2 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-14-6C-6C-C5-BF

A:Netgear WG111v2 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

Disable encryption and MAC Address filtering on the router and try to connect. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect. If unsuccessful please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-wg111v2-54mbps-wireless-usb-2-0-adapter.801386/