Windows Support Forum

PC not working using GPU

Q: PC not working using GPU

It was like any other day while I was working on the computer while my PC suddenly shut down I tried turning it back PC working not GPU using on but nothing So I opened up the case and noticed that when I press the power button not even PC not working using GPU the motherboard fan starts spinning I stripped down everything from the system and tried running it It worked flawlessly So after putting everything back on one by one the culprit turned out to be the Graphics card The computer would turn on with the card inserted into the PCI slot Whenever I would place it in there not even connected with the VGA cable just plugged in the slot the motherboard would refuse to start up So I decided to check the GPU for cylinder holes but everything seemed to be intact no burnt smell or anything The PC works just fine with the integrated graphics Can it really just die like that without a proper reason It wasn t over-heating I had that one checked So what should I do right now I don t have a spare GPU to check if it s the PCI slot that s the problem or the GPU which was fine like minutes ago nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC not working using GPU

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: PC not working using GPU

Hmm, what graphics card are you using ? It might be that your power supply lost it's wattage over time, and that it's now not strong enough to power it. How much W does your PSU give ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-not-working-using-gpu.209267/
Relevancy 25.8%

My computer had some malware issues and some browser redirect issues probably from before the more recent malware I ran a full MBAM scan to get rid of Internet Security I also ensured the exe and dll files were no longer present I also ran a HijackThis scan and did manual removals + sound Defender working hosts not Windows working Access disabled file not to + So far it looks like Internet Security is gone but Access to hosts file disabled + Windows Defender not working + sound not working I'm still getting Access to hosts file disabled + Windows Defender not working + sound not working redirects youtube doesn't work not Access to hosts file disabled + Windows Defender not working + sound not working found -ngix and I can't access edit move do anything to my hosts file I tried safe boot as well and I still can't edit I attempted some command line stuff to try to give me access to the file but it doesn't work Also read-only and hidden are checked in the properties but it doesn't let me edit those either I get an access denied error My lone O line from the Hijack log is something with localhost nothing suspicious Any idea on how to fix this Windows Defender doesn't open It says something like quot failed to initialize handle is invalid quot It's listed in the Startup tab of msconfig and enabled Not sure if it's related but my sound has recently stopped working as well I know it's not the speakers built into monitors as I tried brand new ones and they didn't work either In the mixer I can see the audio levels fluctuating when watching a youtube video for example but I don't hear anything I've toyed around with settings and everything in my audio control panel but still nothing Thanks in advance

A:Access to hosts file disabled + Windows Defender not working + sound not working

If you use a browser other than Internet Explorer, you could try uninstalling it, deleting all files (so in your profile and program files), and then reinstall.

---

In regards to Windows Defender, it sounds as if your registry is damaged and/or core files for defender. That said, have a look at this: Error message when you try to start Windows Defender on a computer that you recently upgraded to Windows Vista: "Application failed to initialize"

---

Speakers....

A bit more information in regards to your system specs, setup, etc., would be helpful.

Do you have more than one output port on your computer? If so, try plugging your speakers into that and see if it works.

You might need to recheck your sound/audio settings in Windows, just to check it is outputting to the correct device.

If no success, try uninstalling/reinstalling (or just updating) your soundcard driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/access-to-hosts-file-disabled-windows-defender-not-working-sound-not-working-634063.html
Relevancy 25.8%

My Dell inspiron 3542 laptop speakers are not working,but 3.5 mm jack is working fine.
Please help me out.

A:My Dell inspiron 3542 laptop speakers are not working,but 3.5 mm jack is working fine.

Hello.The problem could be either in the hardware or the software, so you need to test each. Perform the tests below -- it doesn't matter which one you do first.

To test the speakers, perform the Quick Audio Check in the ePSA test. If the speakers fail the test then they have failed or become disconnected. (Click the link for instructions on how to run the test.)

To test the software, switch between the Realtek audio driver and the Windows native driver. [This test assumes that your laptop has the Realtek audio driver. If you get to step 2 and do not see "Realtek High Definition Audio" then go to the Dell support page for your model and download the Realtek driver that Dell provides for the version of Windows that the laptop is running.]
1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on "Realtek High Definition Audio".3. Select to "Update Driver Software".4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).8. Click "Next".9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver). 10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.[To get back to the Realtek driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]
If the speakers work correctly only with the native driver, then the Realtek driver is buggy. If the speakers work correctly only with the Realtek driver, then the native driver is buggy.

If the speakers worked during the Quick Audio Check (above) but do not work with either driver, it could be that the sensing mechanism in the headphone jack has failed, making Windows think that there is a plug in the jack when there is not. There is a full explanation of that issue in the Headphone Jack FAQ.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19682568
Relevancy 25.8%

Edge browser is not working in windows phone 10 build 14371
It just not starting
and waiting for facebook and messenger official app

A:Edge browser is not working in Windows phone 10 build 14371, how can I get it working?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Edge browser is not working in windows phone 10 build 14371
It just not starting
and waiting for facebook and messenger official app new build has been released, try that 14372
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/429306-edge-browser-not-working-windows-phone-10-build-14371-how-can-i-get-working.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I m having trouble with 7 LAN Solved: Windows not modem working internet on XP connection working on machine, my internet connection on my desktop PC running Windows XP SP Solved: LAN modem internet connection not working on XP machine, working on Windows 7 I connect through a router modem provided by my ISP connected to my PC with a LAN cable no WiFi It was working fine until a week ago Now when I boot my Solved: LAN modem internet connection not working on XP machine, working on Windows 7 PC the connection indicator shows a limited or no internet connection when I load Firefox it tries to load my home page for a few seconds then shows a server not found message The router and internet connection should be fine when I plug my laptop using Windows into the router it works normally I m wondering if the Solved: LAN modem internet connection not working on XP machine, working on Windows 7 problem could be related to some of the network internet based stuff I ve been fiddling with the last weeks I ve installed SugarSync and updated LogMeIn on the desktop PC a little before the internet connection stopped working but both worked for a time and I set up a local ad-hoc wireless network with the XP desktop as a host a few times so I could use both PCs online at once interestingly I never managed to access my XP machine on the network from my laptop and only once did I manage to access my desktop directly through my laptop connecting the two with a LAN cable a second try didn t work I don t recall fiddling with any of the adapter settings though so I can t see that really being the problem I don t know if any of my services could be a problem my only antivirus program is AVG and has never created trouble before Windows Update is trying to continue downloading updates on boot but I can t imagine that s at fault Uninstalling LogMeIn didn t help Repairing the LAN connection in the Network Connections window doesn t work it runs through the process and says it should be working normally but it doesn t Inactivating and reactivating the connection doesn t help it shows finding IP address for a minute or two then goes to the limited or no internet connection message Sometimes it doesn t work at all when I inactivate reactivate displaying a connection failed message Looking online for similar problems I heard about the Winsockfix program I ran it and the first time it worked but on rebooting the internet connection was broken as before Now running Winsockfix doesn t help at all I ve tried copying the IP DNS gateway data from my working laptop connection into the configurations of the desktop connection but it didn t work it displayed as connected to the internet but it would only send packets not receive them Normally the connection is sent to receive IP and DNS info automatically I ve also tried booting windows in safe mode with networking to see if it s a program conflict but for some reason I can t even get that to work either Pressing delete before the splash screen leads to a menu for selecting the boot device with no further options after selecting one while pressing F leads to the BIOS config with no options for booting in safe mode So O Wizards of the Internet Mages of TCP IP and Priests of Effortless Web-Surfing what can I do Thanks in advance SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III Xeon-processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Q-PRO Rev xx MS C B Q Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: LAN modem internet connection not working on XP machine, working on Windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lan-modem-internet-connection-not-working-on-xp-machine-working-on-windows-7.1009589/
Relevancy 25.8%

This is a follow up to a previous thread to do with a side project Iíve been playing with.

On the MAIN form in the attached, scrolling through the records should go through all the players (as in the PLAYERS table) Ė yet this is not the case. I have six players, yet only four records appear. Can anyone see what Iím doing wrong with the form?

OBP, if youíre reading this D and assumption that you can't keep away from Access related threads I know): Iíve restructured your changes to the tables from before, so that only one stake amount is placed per week.

A:Solved: Access Form not working properly having finally fitted a working (or is it) s

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-form-not-working-properly-having-finally-fitted-a-working-or-is-it-s.799084/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi!
I recently noticed that when I do a Google search, the link redirects me to random ad sites, making it nearly impossible to get to the page that I want. I tried System Restore, only to realize it won't let me go past the last step. Also, my CD/DVD drive doesn't seem to be working. You can watch movies and discs in the drive, but it will not recognize a blank disc for burning music or photos.
I have AVG, and it has only detected tracking cookies. I scan with Malwarebytes on a regular basis, and it never seems to find anything. I scanned with AdAware, and it detected tracking cookies as well. I clean out my Cookies and Temporary Internet Files folder quite frequently, but I can't seem to fix the problem.

Thanks for your help!

A:Google links redirect, CD/DVD drive not working, system restore not working.

Please download RootRepeal Rootkit Detector and save it to your Desktop. * Close all programs and temporarily disable your anti-virus, Firewall and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. * Click this link to see a list of such programs and how to disable them. * Create a new folder on your hard drive called RootRepeal (C:\RootRepeal) and extract (unzip) RootRepeal.zip. (click here if you're not sure how to do this. Vista users refer to this link.) * Open the folder and double-click on RootRepeal.exe to launch it. If using Vista, right-click and Run as Administrator... * Click on the Files tab, then click the Scan button. * In the Select Drives, dialog Please select drives to scan: select all drives showing, then click OK. * When the scan has completed, a list of files will be generated in the RootRepeal window. * Click on the Save Report button and save it as rootrepeal.txt to your desktop or the same location where you ran the tool from. * Open rootrepeal.txt in Notepad and copy/paste its contents in your next reply. * Exit RootRepeal and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.Note: If RootRepeal cannot complete a scan and results in a crash report, try repeating the scan in "Safe Mode".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241911/google-links-redirect-cddvd-drive-not-working-system-restore-not-working/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello everyone,
Okay so I have this Dell XPS L502X Laptop which I purchased in 2012. The Laptop came with Microsoft Windows 7 Home Edition.
Earlier its HDMI output to my Sony LED used to work fine.
But few months ago, as offered by Microsoft, I upgraded my Laptop OS from Windows 7 Home edition to Windows 10 home edition.  Since upgrade everything has worked just fine except, I do not receive HDMI output to my television.
I have tried searching for online solutions but not sure what could be the problem? Can someone please guide me in right direction? 
Thank you.

A:HDMI Output not working for Dell XPS L502X not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Can someone please suggest a solution..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19667973
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm experiencing a problem with my wireless network. Nothing seems to be able to connect to my wireless network. It seems to have occurred after I installed a new copy of windows 7 onto my sister's desktop. A message appeared saying we have the same ip address. I believe that is the problem. I've tried renewing our ip address on both desktop but it won't give us new ip address for some reason. pls help

A:Solved: Wireless network not Working but wired working (same ip address conflict?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-not-working-but-wired-working-same-ip-address-conflict.1090204/
Relevancy 25.8%

Pls help me, when I put on the headset on the socket, the headset is not working fine. I already tried t in three different headphones. what seems to be the problem with these? at first, it is working fine but after some time, 2 weeks i think, the headphone is not working anymore. everytime I put it on the socket, windows can detect it because it says "A jack is plugged" on its tray.

please help me, do i need to update the driver? but the drivers are all installed and not corrupted or damaged.

my audio manager is Realtek HD Audio Manager with ALC 883 something on its version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-travelmate-5571awxmi-headset-not-working-but-laptop-speaker-is-working.67314/
Relevancy 25.8%

I cannot eyefinity 3 Monitor (Dell 22'')
AMD Radeon HD 6570 Model Graphich Card
Graphich Card have Port3: 1.VGA - 2. DVI - 3.HDMI

1. Monitor connected VGA -----to------VGA
2. Monitor connected HDMI -----to------HDMI
3. Monitor connected DVI -----to------HDMI (cable)

3 Monitor eyefinity Working good to Linux Mint 17

But Windows 10 Only working 2 Monitor ( exchange display to other Monitor)

how to solve the problem.

I using win10 updated driver.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/50135-3-monitor-eyefinity-working-good-linux-all-destro-win10-not-working.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello:
The mouse started to stray and stopped working in the middle of doing something, i.e. eBay, typing word and etc. which is very annoying and first of all, I lose all of the work done due to stopping of the mouse.

However, the mouse started working as if nothing wrong, once I restarted by 'force' restart ..... pushing the button in the middle of the PC. Otherwise, the PC is all fine and working OK.

I did apply Malwarebytes to combat the issue, however the issue does not resolve.

Any help on this would be truoly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Mouse stopped working in the middle of working, i.e. eBay, typing word, etc.

Did you try a different mouse? If you still have the same problem with a new mouse, see if there are any drivers for the mouse from it's manufacturers web site.
Also try a Clean Boot, if that works, then add one startup item at a time till the mouse acts weird again, then you know that is the problematic program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-stopped-working-in-the-middle-of-working-i-e-ebay-typing-word-etc-869906.html
Relevancy 25.8%

In normal mode my Internet Explorer does not work I try to open it but the pages never come in although I working working, in not Normal Spybot, Malwarebytes Mode Explorer/Firefox updates Internet not Ad-Aware, am sure I am connected I also tried Firefox and that is not work either with the same error as IE Windows Live email does work and I am able Internet Explorer/Firefox not working, Spybot, Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes updates not working in Normal Mode to Internet Explorer/Firefox not working, Spybot, Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes updates not working in Normal Mode pull down email but none of the browsers work Also when I try to update Spybot Ad-Aware Malwarebytes they fail saying that updates cannot be downloaded I was able to run and update in Safe mode with network to get the updates and run Spybot Symantec Antivirus Ad-Aware Malwarebytes and Windows safety live com but no issues were found and the when I reboot in Normal mode the same problem exists Next I ran SDfix in safe mode and have attached in this note but also the same problems exist see attached Report txt Finally I have now run dds scr this and am posting the results see DDS txt below and attached Attach txt Any help you could provide on this would be much appreciated Thanks in advance Rick G DDS txt output DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by rickgoncalves at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Integrity Client Firewall enabled FW Symantec Client Firewall enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec Client Firewall ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS system Drivers trcboot exe C Program Files IBM Personal Communications PCS AGNT EXE C WINDOWS system IPSSVC EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C Program Files IBM Mobility Client artstartsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files IBM tivoli dcd client ISSI cds CDSWinSrv exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files IBM Personal Communications tpam exe C Program Files C ebreg isamtray exe C Program Files C ebreg c ebreg exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files ThinkPad UltraNav Wizard UNavTray EXE C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files IBM SQLLIB BIN db systray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C notes ntmulti exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe c Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C Program Files Lenovo AwayTask AwaySch EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system taskswi... Read more

A:Internet Explorer/Firefox not working, Spybot, Ad-Aware, Malwarebytes updates not working in Normal Mode

I have resolved my issue. Turns out it was a problem that has to do with my VPN and the firewall policy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221650/internet-explorerfirefox-not-working-spybot-ad-aware-malwarebytes-updates-not-working-in-normal-mode/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I have a 2.4ghz working issue: 5ghz not working, router Solved: netgear WNDR nar router dual band ghz and ghz I set up connections On the ghz I set up a WEP connection with bit encryption for my wireless repeater WNR On the ghz i set up WPA for regular use Unfortunately my computer does not support ghz or atleast i dont think it does My samsung tv picks up the ghz so I connected to that the macbook pro connects to the ghz The other computer I want on the ghz with the repeater Hardlined via ethernet anything and everything works For some reason ghz wont connect wirelessly and does not even give me the option to enter the hex key just says unable to connect the doesn t work on anything currently the repeater is offline until I can fix this issue Infact ignore the repeater info I think there is a problem with the distribution of the IP addresses Could they be overlapping between the and the The next item on the network tv using ghz occupies sequence under the ip address whatever the default Solved: router issue: 2.4ghz not working, 5ghz working is it would occupy I have reformatted my computer uninstalled and reinstalled network drivers as much as I could do with the computer itself so I m assuming it is the router I ve disconnected it and reconnected it reset it redone the whole network multiple times renewed the IP address What is going on Can anyone help me please nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

Desktop Icons Not Working Restart Works Then Stop Working Again I use Internet Explorer and am on the computer many hours a day I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows Pro This problem started a few weeks ago The desktop icons stop working but start working again Desktop RESTART Works, Working Icons Stop Again. Then Working, Not after a Desktop Icons Not Working, RESTART Works, Then Stop Working Again. RESTART I've tried to bypass the desktop by using START to access programs This has limited success I tried putting Desktop Icons Not Working, RESTART Works, Then Stop Working Again. a desktop folder with my favorite websites on the START menu but that causes the entire screen to stop working when the icon problem occurs I also tried putting DESKTOP on the TASKBAR That creates the same problem as with START The whole screen stops working and I must force a restart by shutting off the computer by pushing the COMPUTER ON button Once it restarts I run the computer until the malfunction occurs Once I removed the DESKTOP from the TASKBAR the problem only effects the desktop as before Do you have any ideas

A:Desktop Icons Not Working, RESTART Works, Then Stop Working Again.

You might try a new (temporary) test profile.

And these steps might help:
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390228-desktop-icons-not-working-restart-works-then-stop-working-again.html
Relevancy 25.8%

So recently the sound on my desktop and my laptop has stopped working For seemingly no reason I really don't understand it I first noticed it with my desktop The sound just randomly stopped Sound Randomly Desktop and on Laptop Stops Working Working and working But not entirely It's really strange Sound on Laptop and Desktop Randomly Stops Working and Working and complicated what's been happening so bare with me while I try to explain it as best I can PC First time sound stopped working on PC Restarted computer sound came back no issues Second time I woke up to find VLC frozen Sound wasn't working I restarted VLC No sound Found out that there was no sound on the computer at all When I'd try to increase the volume on VLC it would only change within an interval of ten percent So it was at percent initially Would not let me go below but not above Sound didn't work anyway Restarted sound returned VLC working fine Third time I was playing Dragon Age Inquisition Sound worked fine using my headset Turtle Beach Went to speakers to lay down and watch some shows on VLC No sound on speakers Switched to Turtle Beach again sound returned Restarted VLC now suddenly no sound on VLC OR speakers Had to restart computer no issues after restart Laptop First time sound stopped working used the quot disable audio and reenable audio driver quot didn't solve anything Restarted sound came back Sound stopped working again same day restarted sound came back The next time I restarted the audio driver Realtek and then I shut down Explorer and then restarted explorer via the task manager Audio started working again Did same steps today sound not working Will have to of course restart my laptop One thing I noticed If there is something currently playing the sound won't go out for it even if sound goes out elsewhere So I had VLC running constantly and I could hear the sound from VLC while suddenly the sounds from everything else on the computer stopped working However once I restarted VLC sound stopped Only until restarting the computer or waiting for it to work again does the sound come back Other Info I find it weird that this is something happening to both my desktop and laptop at the same time I did a malware bytes sweep of my desktop found nothing Drivers are up-to-date My desktop is custom built I can't remember the MOBO right now but it's only a couple years old The laptop is about or years old at this point The computer seems to recognize that speakers are hooked up but when I would try and do tests it would say it cant' do sound tests So it HAS to be a driver problem it seems and not a MOBO issue Especially since my desktop the sound comes via USB

A:Sound on Laptop and Desktop Randomly Stops Working and Working

Update: I'm not at home to test my PC, but I think I discovered the issue. It seems to possibly be a glitch or something with flash player.

After watching an episode of Daily Show on Hulu, I went back to Tumblr and saw that a video didn't have sound, and then all sound on my computer was suddenly gone. I then tried something out, and shut down flashplayer. That temporarily brought sound back.

But it quickly went away.

Then I shut down Firefox and flash player entirely, and sound comes back even when Flash Player comes up.

What could cause this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/355109-sound-laptop-desktop-randomly-stops-working-working.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I am not sure exactly at what point it happened but I recently found that the touch screen on my Elite X was not working The pen still functions fine not 1011 Elite working working/pen screen Touch X2 normally When checking the Elite X2 1011 Touch screen not working/pen working fine pen and touch settings I can only configure the pen settings and only Pen support is listed in view pen and touch settings The touch screen used to work in both the original Windows and then also after upgrading to Windows nbsp There have been no error messages and the event logs do not seem to indicate any problems it is as though the machine has just forgotten it is a touch screen nbsp I have tried reinstalling drivers reinstalling both Windows and going back to Windows to no avail I really loved this little device but ease of use is cut rather drastically without the touch functionality nbsp Has anyone else had a problem like this and have a solution Any help at all is greatly appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Elite-X2-1011-Touch-screen-not-working-pen-working-fine/td-p/5706793
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi I've ran into some problems after installing my friend's pirated Adobe software on my new desktop resulting in my internet browser Firefox amp Internet Explorer to work but NEVER load ANY site Specifically the browsers will work again when I restart my desktop However as time progresses the number of sites these browsers can access decreases significantly For example though in first min it will load home page and say newgrounds com after min only loads home page another min loads nothing The browsers display the fact that they're trying to connect to the website forever working internet with Browser NOT [SOLVED] connection working (Hijacked) I also noticed that if the certain applications such as windows media utorrent and other adobe softwares are turned on It takes less time [SOLVED] (Hijacked) Browser NOT working with working internet connection for the browsers to stop working Most often this is an immediate effect If you're wonder how I'm able to post this message it's with the help of my laptop currently free of infections I'm positive the internet connection is working since my laptop uses the same connection The network is set by one modem connected to one [SOLVED] (Hijacked) Browser NOT working with working internet connection router connected to one switch which then connects to my laptop and desktop While my laptop loads fine my desktop doesn't Less often than the browser occurance are other problems such as rundll stopped working explorer exe not working mouse buttons misbehaving keyboards typing funny things My anti-virus ESET NOD has picked up these when installing Win Adware Virtumonde application a variant of Win Adware Virtumonde NAE application My anti-spyware HeatFire Pro has picked up these too C Windows System kkwlxhwg ini C HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run d ca c C Windows System gwhxlwkk dll repeated couple times Many others I've deleted these files since their locations are provided However the warning has came out again sometimes Whether these file have been regenerated in other directories I can't confirm Thank you for your help I really appreciate it Thanks Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Div on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows Vista Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows System csrss exe C Windows System wininit exe C Windows System csrss exe C Windows System services exe C Windows System lsass exe C Windows System lsm exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System nvvsvc exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System winlogon exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System SLsvc exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System wisptis exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System dwm exe C Windows System wisptis exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows System taskeng exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows System taskeng exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System UI Detect exe C Windows System taskeng exe C Users Div Desktop dss exe C Windows System wbem WmiPrvSE exe C Windows System VSSVC exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System conime exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Inte... Read more

A:[SOLVED] (Hijacked) Browser NOT working with working internet connection

Bump!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-hijacked-browser-not-working-with-working-internet-connection-270892.html
Relevancy 25.8%

One day I decided to clean out my computer, so i got out the air compressor and blew the dust out. Most would obviously dissmiss my problem as a blown chip due to static shock but somehow I don't think it is. When I start the computer up it comes up with a screen with lots of multi-coloured squares. Some of the little squares flash and some do not. I think it could be like an error code, as to the same affect as a d-bracket.

My graphics card is:
Ti4800SE
WinFast A280TD
My ViVo edition

Staus = :dead:

FOR PICTURES OF THE GRAPHICS CARD/ PROBLEM SEE >>> www.MyDeadGraphicsCard.piczo.com

A:Ti 4800SE NOT WORKING, MULTICOLOURED SCREEN ON BOOT. WAS WORKING AT ONE STAGE

Remove the card from Device Manager. Turn off. Remove the graphics card physically and clean the contacts with an eraser, making sure you get rid of bits off the contacts. Refit & restart. May have some effect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ti-4800se-not-working-multicoloured-screen-on-boot-was-working-at-one-stage.27205/
Relevancy 25.8%

After working with TSF experts and trying many things my java runtime environment will not work. Also, links posted to social media do not work that link to my website on avahost.com ( Cloud Hands Virtual Gallery) but same links will work when pasted into a browser. For example this link was not working earlier when posted to TSF: http://jerryrosspittore.com/Verify.png but works ok when pasted into Chrome or IE10.

I have run the programs suggested by Rich and am attaching the attach.zip file in hope they can shed some light on my problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/jre7-not-working-with-windows7-and-social-media-links-not-working-719505.html
Relevancy 25.8%

In the midst of trying to install updates to my computer (Dell Inspiron 1521 with Windows Vista) I somehow did something that:

- Made Firefox and Safari stop working/connecting to the internet
- Allowed Internet Explorer to remain functioning
- Made MediaDirect stop working completely
- Won't let Windows Media Player recognize DVDs

Did I screw something up somehow? And is this reversable?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-not-recognizing-dvds-firefox-safari-not-working-ie-is-working.894799/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I've got a Dell laptop here that isn't functioning properly I can't get this to work for the life of me I am currently using this laptop with a different hard drive it's the install on the SSD that doesn't work I know that the quick fix would be to simply reload windows but I don't want the quick fix Basically laptop works with Windows install on a hard drive no issues On the SSD where the ONLY applications loaded are Office and Firefox and all the latest updates the internet does not work I can ping yahoo com and get a response so DNS is fine The update, ping, not fine etc. DNS, working, Internet working windows problem persists on IE and Firefox I have no AV software other than MSE and the problem persists in Internet not working, windows update, ping, DNS, etc. working fine Safe Mode w networking The hosts file is clean The internet worked on the computer just fine when I loaded it I hadn't used the SSD in a while and when I popped it in the internet wasn't working I believe something is getting in the way of port but I Internet not working, windows update, ping, DNS, etc. working fine can't figure out what Internet not working, windows update, ping, DNS, etc. working fine I have disabled all startup applications and all nonwindows services The computer does not have bonjour I have cleared history cookies to no avail I can't find anything suspicious in the running processes I can't seem to turn off the windows antimalware process to test that though Any ideas

A:Internet not working, windows update, ping, DNS, etc. working fine

I decided to run hijack this and found two BHO's. It's funny that on my new install that I used a handful of times, I have adware, but on this install that's been going for years, I have nothing. Oh well. So I had "Crossrider" and "Coupon Companion". I removed all traces of both, yet still no go. It looks like this managed to install itself on 12/2... which had to be damn close to the date that I bought the SSD, however, I had internet activity as recent as 12/26. Here's the log of what Coupon Companion did:

1354500268 -
1354500268 - --------------------------- Installer started ---------------------------
1354500268 -
1354500268 - appid: 4493
1354500268 - installername: 4493.exe
1354500268 - installertype: 12417
1354500268 - appname: Coupon Companion
1354500268 - publisher: 215 Apps
1354500268 - publisherid: 390
1354500268 - installerfullversion: 1.24.151.151
1354500268 - platformversion: 1
1354500268 - installerscriptversion: 24
1354500268 - bhoversion: 151
1354500268 - helperversion: 151
1354500268 - bhoguid: 11111111-1111-1111-1111-110011441193
1354500268 - scrambletoken: 8093c230043101303486692df6c812c4
1354500268 - Installing IE extension
1354500268 - Firefox extension is bundled
1354500268 - Chrome extension is bundled
1354500268 - CmdLine:
1354500268 - Function onInit started.
1354500268 - Read the OS: V7
1354500268 - App registry path: Software\AppDataLow\Software\Coupon Companion
1354500268 - srcid: 100086
1354500268 - subid: default
1354500268 - zdata: 100086&subid=&pid=1322
1354500268 - No app ver was found in the registry.
1354500268 - No old platform ver was found in the registry.
1354500268 - Installer platform ver: 1.
1354500268 - Bic was not found in Software\AppDataLow\Software\Crossrider. Need to create one.
1354500268 - Bic: D725F83F0E284D0B86BDCCAF387568B6IE.
1354500268 - Verifier: ba82b082b7a4ade8d69fd70a4253a17b.
1354500268 - 215 App Verifier: 1c33c8f442f50355c31676ef714de463.
1354500268 - Read the full IE version from the registry: 9.0.8112.16421
1354500268 - IE short version: 9
1354500268 - Read the default browser: ff
1354500268 - User is admin.
1354500268 - Switching to silent mode.
1354500268 - Attempting to send ping: http://stats.crossrider.com/installe...pe=12417&asw=0
1354500268 - Ping result: OK
1354500269 - Sending ping to 215 apps: http://www.ping-track.com/installer-...ubid=&pid=1322
1354500269 - Section Install started.
1354500269 - Extracting to C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr6FF3.tmp\mixer.exe
1354500269 - Extracting to C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr6FF3.tmp\temp_file_before.tmp
1354500269 - Unmixing C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr6FF3.tmp\temp_file_before.tmp to C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr6FF3.tmp\temp_file_after.tmp
1354500269 - Copying from C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr6FF3.tmp\temp_file_after.tmp to C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr6FF3.tmp\installer_util.exe
1354500269 - Installing a fresh copy of Coupon Companion.
1354500269 - SoftwareDetected: <{"AnySoftware":false,"Wireshark":false,"VirtualBox":false,"VMWare":false,"InsideVM":false,"InsideVM Ware":false,"InsideVirtualBox":false,"InsideVirtualPc":false}>
1354500269 - Check if IE is open
1354500269 - Check if FF is open
1354500269 - FF is open
1354500269 - Check if CH is open
1354500271 - Deploying IE extension files
1354500271 - Creating folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Coupon Companion
1354500271 - Copying from C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr6FF3.tmp\installer_util.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\Coupon Companion\Coupon Companion.exe
1354500271 - Copying from C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr6FF3.tmp\installer_util.exe to C:\Program Files (x86)\Coupon Companion\Coupon Companion-bg.exe
1354500271 - Extracting to C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr6FF3.tmp\temp_file_before.tmp
1354500271 - Unmixing C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Tem... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274632-internet-not-working-windows-update-ping-dns-etc-working-fine.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I have started having an issue over the past week config drivers etc not changed in months where sound will randomly not be output by HDMI System config specs Win SP all patches nearly a stock install only running WMC and XBMC Only rd part not working it HDMI Sound working? - randomly test gets in settings stuff installed are SpeedFan an ATI drivers problem occurs if Speedfan is running or not system runs hrs per day auto shutdown at night Dell Optiplex GB RAM Core Duo E SSD - no swap file HDMI is the default and only sound device enabled disabled all others in OS History was working perfectly for over years One Win rebuild in that time Updated video card once and drivers occasionally Symptom Approx half the time when I start up WMC or XBMC sound output via HDMI does not HDMI Sound randomly not working - test in settings gets it working? work The other half of the time it works fine -- to get it working I can open Sound CPL and run quot test quot Sound will play through HDMI and all is fine usually the rest of the day but sometimes it has the problem again if I don't use the system for several hours -- it never faults stops working while in use only on initial XBMC or WMC startup again system is always running hours before I start the apps Any ideas

A:HDMI Sound randomly not working - test in settings gets it working?

This sounds like a problem with the video driver pack (also includes hdmi audio driver)
I would completely remove what you have now then download and reinstall the latest fresh again.
It could just be a glitch in the matrix so to speak.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/191982-hdmi-sound-randomly-not-working-test-settings-gets-working.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I have had a rather large problem over the last couple of days It started earlier in the week when one drive stopped working Not a big problem I ve had drives fail before disks so i can handle one less for a little while i though Not so though while still waiting for my new drive using my computer like usual with less load on unit D i suddenly start getting as Disks - Volume working, RAID the but Stopped Working 5 listed are write-errors to D and the Intel Matrix Storage Console RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working lists it as Stopped Working instead of Degraded Nothing changed RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working except for the status of the Volume all the disks read the same as before fully functional I have very little experience with these sort of matters This is the first time I ve lost a drive where i might lose data as well and i have pretty much no idea where to go from here I ve tried to replace the faulty disk with another GB drive but the RAID-setup in BIOS just tells me there isn t enough space and the Console in Windows places the new drive as a Non-RAID drive I can mark it as reserve but that seems to be all i can do with it I m not hopefully asking for miracles I have just two things that i really need to retrieve from the Volume my Firefox sessions saved in a separate folder at the root of the drive and my Thunderbird mail stored in their standard location as my whole Windows-profile is on that drive Everything else i can get again Well not really i have stuff stored up from - years back from people who has withdrawn from the net and taken everything with them or died Old stuff that is no longer available on the net and so on But i could live with that loss It would be hard but i could do it The mail though stretch almost the whole way to when i first started using internet back in DOS and the Firefox sessions contain close to a hundred windows in total and probably over a thousand tabs Most i will never be able to find again no matter how long or hard i search That s a pretty devastating blow The thought of loosing all that is making me nauseous Any help i can get to retrieve the data is appreciated I couldn t put into words how thankful i would be if i got it back ASUS Maximus Formula SE motherboard now x Western Digital GB Caviar Anyting else you need to know please ask Any help at all is welcome nbsp

A:RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-5-disks-are-working-but-the-volume-listed-as-stopped-working.898682/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

I have a linksys model wrt54gl v1.1 and I am using Windows Vista 32bit Home Edition. I have a pc connected to the router directly through an ethernet plus a laptop, 2 iphones and a blackberry that get wireless internet from it. 2 days ago wireless stopped working. The internet on the pc connected to the router by ethernet is still working and the power, WLAN, ethernet, and internet lights are all lit green. The internet and ethernet lights flash when data is being transferred but the the WLAN light is not flashing. I have restored the router to factory default but it is still not working. The phones and laptop are not detecting any wireless network present. Hope you can help.

Paul

A:Internet working on PC connected to router by ethernet but wireless not working

I have restored the router to factory default but it is still not working.Click to expand...

The only other thing to try is to unplug the router for a few hours. You could also try another factory reset.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-working-on-pc-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-but-wireless-not-working.994621/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am links manager working working,then task will not internet stop not sure if it's related to a malware so I posted it here My system is a xp pro sp IE internet links will stop working,then task manager not working I have a wireless networking with total computer attached My system was running smooth then I don't know why from time to time when clicking on links in IE would produce no result Then I would have no more connection to wireless network and no internet However the other computer attached to router would still have internet Then I would try to bring up task manager ctrl alt del but it won't show later I will have freeze but not for the whole computer when I try to restart computer it won't do it or very very slow error message is usually quot hsm sink won't end quot or something similar I end manually still windows won't shutdown Finally I have to hold power button to shutdown and restarts There is not specific time period for this to start to happen - or hours I don't know what triggers it I thought maybe IE is the problem so I started using google Chrome browser I still have this happening I have the DDs text here and the other logs attached I disabled panda antivirus before starting this process Thanks DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Fri Psuedo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www bbc co uk persian uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearch Bar hxxp start earthlink net AL Search uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO - - - - - c program files earthlink totalaccess toolbar toolbar EScamBlk dll BHO E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO F D - BAA- - -EECB CD E - c program files earthlink totalaccess toolbar toolbar EScamBlk dll BHO ACF B- D - -B -A F DB - c program files earthlink totalaccess toolbar toolbar ElnkPuB dll BHO BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll BHO BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO D -D D - - -FE A BD - c program files earthlink totalaccess toolbar toolbar ProtctIE dll BHO AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO E C-DF - C -BBAD- DB BE - c program files earthlink totalaccess toolbar toolbar uninsttb dll TB C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB C - F - -B A - EE - c program files earthlink totalaccess toolbar toolbar Toolbar dll TB C B - - D - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB C - F - -B A - EE - c program files earthlink totalaccess toolbar toolbar Toolbar dll uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun Yahoo Pager quot c program files yahoo messenger YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings administrator local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exe mRun APVXDWIN quot c program files panda security panda internet security APVXDWIN EXE quot s mRun SCANINICIO quot c program files panda security panda internet security Inicio exe quot mRun Traymin c windows system drivers Tray exe mRun Broadcom Wireless Manager c windows system wltray exe IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dll IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - BAB B B- BC- B - D ... Read more

Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

I have a dual boot of Fedora and Windows, and when I boot into Fedora, my headphones work fine. When I boot into Windows 7 64bit, my headphones don't work. My laptop speakers work fine however, and I tried re-installing drivers. I made sure that my headphones are the default playback device, and I only have one headphone jack.

Other people who had this issue solved it by replacing their audio jack, but for me that is not a problem because the audio jack works fine when I boot into Fedora.

Please help!

Janac

A:Laptop speakers working, but headphone jack not working only on Window

Normally, the "Speakers" (PC sound) is set as the Default Playback device and not Headphones. In fact, newer RealTek sound systems do not even show the Headphones when plugged in.

Are you using the correct sound drivers? Not the generic Windows installed High Definition Audio Codec.

What all is listed in the Device Manager, Sound section?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/362649-laptop-speakers-working-but-headphone-jack-not-working-only-window.html
Relevancy 25.8%

So one day I was using a laptop wirelessly when the internet just suddenly turned off. I checked my modem and it was working fine but when I checked my router, the lights were on but not blinking. it was just a steady light. when I checked for a wireless network the name of the network I usually use didnt show up.

I tried unplugging everything and plugging everything back in again and I tried pressing the reset button on the back of the router. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much

P.S. my router is a linksys WRT300N Wireless-N Broadband router

A:Wireless router suddenly stopped working (Lights still working though)

what devices do you have connected the router anything else wireless
make and model of the pc

does the PC work if you connect to the router by a cable ?
if not
try connecting directly to the modem and see if that works OK

we need to see some details, which will mean you need to copy to a working PC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-suddenly-stopped-working-lights-still-working-though.964187/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello.
I have a dell inspiron n4010

Basically the sound doesn't work unless its in a hdmi or headphones. It won't play sound out of the laptop itself. I've updated the drivers and checked the bios, and it seems to be enabled. What can be the problem?

A:Sound is not working on laptop. Drivers updated, still not working.

Digital Audio (HDMI) Is the standard Windows driver for sound. You need the realtek drivers which can be found here - http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/uk/en/ukdhs1/Product/inspiron-14r

Download the driver (listed under audio).
Make sure the on-board audio is on in the bios, disconnect from the internet, uninstall all sound drivers and reboot.
Install the driver you downloaded and reboot.

An then reconnect to the internet. (This prevents Windows from reinstalling the Digital Audio HDMI before you can install the correct audio drivers).

Post back and let us know how it goes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-is-not-working-on-laptop-drivers-updated-still-not-working.1085567/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi

My IE + firefox browsers are not working in windows xp SP2 with latest updates (updated earlier today, about the same time the problem started, I have tried reset in IE which doesn't work.

It is very starnge because msn messenger is working fine, just browsers which aren't.

Alot of my ports seem to be closed as well, including port 80, could that be it ?

Firefox works on the same computer under linux.

Please help !

Cheers
Mike

A:IE + firefox not working in windows xp, I have tried reset, msn messenger working !?

Windows Updates are the problem. Turn off Automatic Updates and uninstall all 5 of the 4/9 Windows Updates (4 for XP and 1 for IE7). Your problems will probably disappear. Worked for me! I reinstalled the updates and had the problem again. I uninstalled again, and the problems went away!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-firefox-not-working-in-windows-xp-i-have-tried-reset-msn-messenger-working-238914.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi, thanks in advance for any help!

I am infected with FBI Virus, I went through this a year ago, so know the drill.  That time the safe mode worked, but time, it doesn't. 

Trying to access Safe mode just forces a shutdown.

I then tried the Hitman pro, from a USB drive method, I got it loaded from a friends computer onto a flash drive, got it loaded onto the infected computer.

This did not work either.

For some reason, the Hitman pro goes into effect, BEFORE I have logged into Windows - NOT after, as all instructions I have been following show.   The Hitman window comes up at the same time the log into windows screen does.  So the Hitman pro DOES not come up after the FBI screen is up, and instructions I followed showed it should.

Any tips?  Should I keep trying Hitman again?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:FBI Virus - Safe mode not working, Hitman pro not working

I've run into variants that won't allow Hitman to work.

EDIT: I'm assuming you tried all 3 boot options under Hitman??

What model computer and what OS??

There's several different things you can try- remember that you can still defeat it by going 'old school' :D

90% of the time when I have cleaned a FBI virus infection, the culprit was a file called "skype.dat" residing in either the Temp Internet Files or in the AppData folders.

One thing you could try is going into Startup Repair and selecting Command Prompt, then plugging in the USB and try running Hitman from there. Startup Repair is kind of a Windows PE enviroment, so some apps will run in it (Farbar, for one).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511781/fbi-virus-safe-mode-not-working-hitman-pro-not-working/
Relevancy 25.37%

HI.

so i have a toshiba-l450D-113 i live in the us and i cant find any solution because this computer is from Europe.so this is the problem my windows 7 says its not genuine i just cant fix it, 2nd my cam stoped working yesterday i cant find the drivers. microphone dont work yes i looked everywere. this is getting me pissed because i cant find any help. PLEASE HELP ADVANCE TERMS ACCEPTED

A:Help with toshiba-satellite l450d-113 cam not working mic not working windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-toshiba-satellite-l450d-113-cam-not-working-mic-not-working-windows-7.1062491/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a HP dv6910us Pavilion and the DVD is not listed in Device Manager. DVD Tray opens and light comes on but does not play DVD. 1st USB port on left side gets - USB Device Not Recognized.One under it works and one on the right side works.

OS Windows7 Ultimate. It is running kind of screwy so I wanted to reinstall Windows7 but with the DVD not operating Can't do it. Seems like maybe something in the register got erased or corrupted. If I can get the DVD and USB port to work I won't have to reinstall Windows 7. Anyone have any ideas or similar situation?

A:DVD (not working) not found in Device manager, 1 USB port not working

Sounds like a missing driver. Check to makes sure you have all your drivers and that they are all the most current or updated version.

HP Pavilion dv6910us Entertainment Notebook PC | HP? Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/260011-dvd-not-working-not-found-device-manager-1-usb-port-not-working.html
Relevancy 25.37%

when ever i start internet explorer this msg appears

" Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address."

i tryed going to other pages and it still doesn't load
and the internet connection is just fine

A:internet explorer not working but other browsers are working just fine

Hello and welcome to TSF

What firewall do you have?
Is this on every page or just a few? if it is just a few please name them.

Do you have these problems in any other browsers? Please try one of the below (both are free):

Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Opera
http://www.opera.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-not-working-but-other-browsers-are-working-just-fine-187389.html
Relevancy 25.37%

i am using windows Lumia 730 phone and installed windows map it is working and the voice navigation is not working in my phone

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435647-windows-map-working-voice-navigation-not-working-my-phone.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I purchase this procuct on 12 July, 2016 from flipcart. now in PC windows 10 not working properly, start menu not working, some facility disappdear, USB  socket not working

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/windows-10-not-working-properly-start-menu-not-working-USB/td-p/5726400
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all I'm not too technically minded so I'll explain this as best I can not HP player working, support laptop, media not working HP and hope somebody can help me out A few weeks ago my media player stopped working - it flashes onto the screen for a split HP laptop, media player not working, HP support not working second and then disappears or just doesn't respond at all Also the HP Advisor isn't working properly and keeps saying an error ocurred links don't work on the help section so I went to the HP site to try to get help there I opened one of these instant HP laptop, media player not working, HP support not working help chat boxes and a technician phoned me said he could help etc mentioned a one off charge and it took me half an hour to find out how much etc He had remote access to my laptop and was running scans that found several thousand problems and now I'm worried that he may have planted something in my pc HP laptop, media player not working, HP support not working When I told him I couldn't pay what he was asking he finished the call pretty quick and left me to it How do I fix my problem and how do I found out if he left something malicious on my pc I'm scared to do internet banking now -

A:HP laptop, media player not working, HP support not working

Those are questions that you should be asking HP support, IMO.

As for what your problem with Media Player...what version is installed?...

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491534/hp-laptop-media-player-not-working-hp-support-not-working/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have some major issues with my computer and need some help...

I have searched this forum for ideas on how to solve it but to no end.

When I search in Google I get redirected to other sites other than the one I clicked on. I can't save anything to DVD it says there is no device recognised. I cannot defrag my machine and my hotmail account was hacked.

I have tried to download 'Spybot' but I cannot run it on my computer. I have downloaded 'HiJackThis' but it won't run.

Need some guidance please...

Thanks

Sarah

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-redirect-disc-not-working-defrag-working-much-much-more.860770/
Relevancy 25.37%

I had been working an issue where the search function was not working correctly, I then noticed that Indexing was not working and I could not update windows.
I wanted to post this in case someone had similar issues, it took me a while to figure this one out...

The problem likely started when I cloned my drive to a new Seagate drive using a Seatools *Seagate** utility, which I believe is actually made by Acronis.

The final fix was installing new drivers for the Hard drive from Intel "Intel Rapid Storage Technology"

Symptoms =
Failure code when trying to start indexing = 0x8e5e0247
Search function would not work properly
Indexing was not working
Could not get Windows update to install

windows 7 indexing is not running acronis clone Intel Rapid Storage Technology 0x8e5e0247 windows update not working

A:Windows 7 not updating, Indexing not working, search not working, FYI

I've seen those Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers cause more harm than good, awesome you found out and updated them and got rid of the problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/250512-windows-7-not-updating-indexing-not-working-search-not-working-fyi.html
Relevancy 25.37%

i purchase this product on 12 July, 2015. Now in PC, windows 10 not working properly, start menu not working, USB  socket not working

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/windows-10-not-working-properly-start-menu-not-working-USB/td-p/5726398
Relevancy 25.37%

Okay this is the weirdest problem I ve ever hard with computers Here s what happened I had a few years old Pentium D GHz processor running on Asus P VDC-X mobo PQI MHz DDR and GF GS mb PCI-E W power I updated the mobo to Asus P L-MX to support faster PCI-E cards Everything worked fine despite the processor stopped working, working suddenly old mobo mobos New ran too hot C on high use Because of the overheating I replaced the thermal paste but it New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working had no effect on the temperature I thought I used too much paste so I replaced the paste again --- Bang no video when I turn on the computer I tried taking off everything part by part but nothing worked It didn t work even when I only had processor and used the integrated graphics port Tried resetting the bios too Nothing worked so I put back the old P VDC-X and it worked like charm I thought it was logical that the problem was caused because of the mobo so I bought New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working a new one Asrock G M-S No video Did the same steps to this one too It also had integrated gfx but it didn t work either The old P VDC-X still works So I have no idea what s causing the problem Is it the CPU Mobo PSU RAM I have no speaker on my case so I can t hear any beeps but it won t start loading the OS from the hardrive and my USB mouse won t turn on Tried using a differen t monitor too The main point is why it stopped working suddenly on new mobo s but still works with the old P VDC-X Any ideas Let me know if I forgot to mention something important nbsp

A:New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working

Two new motherboards tells us you made the same simple install error in both of them.
Tell us more about power supply, memory, cable.
Did you make sure the memory was correct for both new boards, and what is the memory on the old board. Would also like to know the power supply and other hard ware.
What happens with the most basic, simple install. Does everything light up?

If you used the same hard drive with the same Windows install on the two motherboards, that is the problem. Windows has detected that you have changed the motherboard and will not operate unless you reinstall Windows on the drive on each new motherboard... One install for each motherboard.
My guess is that you will be fine if you change hard drives or do reinstalls or repair installs of the Windows on the new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobos-suddenly-stopped-working-old-mobo-working.135719/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello I am having a problem with my Browsers both IE Firefox and Thunderbird stop working after a short period of time after starting them this time varies from Thunderbird Working Keeps and Azureus Working Firefox, IE Stop start to start My other internet programs like Firefox, Thunderbird and IE Stop Working Azureus Keeps Working Azureus keep working When I restart windows the Browsers work again for a short time and then stop Firefox, Thunderbird and IE Stop Working Azureus Keeps Working again I have tried the following FIRST THING I TRIED From Posted Topic on website quot I d been having a similar problem the web browser would stop working after - minutes of internet activity It took me about minutes to fix following a fairly simple procedure The problem for me was that the DNS cache overflowed after a little while so I simply added registry keys to prevent caching This can be done as follows First thing you need to do is clear your current cache At the command prompt Run - gt command type in ipconfig flushdns If everything went well ipconfig should spit out a line Firefox, Thunderbird and IE Stop Working Azureus Keeps Working about successfully flushing the cache Now get into the registry editor Run - gt regedit Navigate to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Dnscache Parameters Right click in the space to the right and select New - gt DWORD Value Name the DWORD MaxCacheTtl and make sure its value is Values can be changed simply by double-clicking on the DWORD Create another new DWORD Name this one MaxNegativeCacheTtl and again make sure its value is Close regedit and restart quot SECOND THING I TRIED quot winsockxpfix exe quot WinSock XP Fix Fixes the winsock settings on your Windows XP machine This tool is recommended for IT professionals only Please read license It can often cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or improper uninstall of firewall applications or other tools that modify the XP network and Winsock settings If you encounter connection problems after removing network related software Adware or after registry clean-up and all other ways fail then give WinSock XP Fix a try It can create a registry backup of your current settings so it is fairly safe to use We actually tested it on a test machine that was having a Winsock problem due to some Adware removal and after running the utility and rebooting the connectivity was restored quot THE THIRD THING I TRIED Post from Topic on Web Site quot Had the same problem but found a VERY simple fix Hi everyone Just wanted to let you know that after I posted my extensive info on my own similar experience I have found a simple and easy fix that I hope will help everyone else out a well I had been on several forums and sites that had suggested the following Go to My Network Places View Network Connections Then view the Properties of each connection you have and under the quot Authentication quot tab make sure that the quot Enable network access control using IEEE x quot box is NOT checked I had tried this before but only did it on my LAN connection which didn t eliminate the problem But when I also did the same on my network bridge the problem was fixed knock on wood Sometimes when new software is installed or uninstalled it defaults back to being checked and I think this was my problem last week Hope this simple fix works for some other very frustrated people and good luck for all those who are still having problems Tiffany quot NOTHING HAS WORKED I hope you can help me Here is my HackThis Log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS ... Read more

Relevancy 25.37%

My wife has a twin graphics laptop. With Intel on the mother board and a Nvdia second one. A desktop monitor is used via a Docking Station ACP70EU After the W10 update only the Intell chip is working through the Docker when the laptop screen is off but the desk top one is being used. As far as I know both used to work as some of the graphics programs are setup to use it, They are running but using the Intel one, I expect they are also not using the graphics memory either!
If other display setups having the laptop screen running all?s OK and the Nvidia card is running.
Is there anything we can do are we stuck with it disabled with just the desk top screen working?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/61507-only-intel-graphics-chip-working-only-one-monitor-working.html
Relevancy 25.37%

My laptop's speakers aren't working at all, and when my headphones are plugged in only the right side works. The only way I can hear out of both sides of them is if I pull the jack halfway out, like you would with faulty headphones. But there's nothing wrong with the headphones and I've tried various different ones. The speakers themselves aren't working at all despite the settings telling me they are. And yes, I've tried turning it on and off and looking for updates but nothing seems to be working.
Please help!

A:Realtek HD. Speakers not working, headphones half working.

Originally Posted by jessw96

My laptop's speakers aren't working at all, and when my headphones are plugged in only the right side works. The only way I can hear out of both sides of them is if I pull the jack halfway out, like you would with faulty headphones. But there's nothing wrong with the headphones and I've tried various different ones. The speakers themselves aren't working at all despite the settings telling me they are. And yes, I've tried turning it on and off and looking for updates but nothing seems to be working.
Please help!

That pretty much leaves jack on the laptop being faulty.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/61956-realtek-hd-speakers-not-working-headphones-half-working.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello One of the kids came to to me with his laptop Toshiba Windows that he can no longer boot up When attempting to boot it shows the screen with the F and F options then goes Disk working. Not booting. Not not working. F8 7 Windows Recovery black with the flashing cursor in the top left which Windows 7 Not booting. F8 Not working. Recovery Disk not working. disappears after a few seconds After minutes or so a message appears saying in German that there is a problem caused by external media being removed incorrectly USB and the option to proceed or cancel Either of these options causes the failing reboot process to repeat F to go to safe-mode didn't work no reaction at all Booting from recovery disks didn't work either A message saying windows is loading files appeared and then it went to the blank screen as before I then tried booting using a Ubuntu Live CD so that i might at least be able to back up his files or even somehow force a safe-mode windows restart by changing some setting manually I dont know how to do that but i figured it must be possible Even Ubuntu had problems It started but was extremely slow and it didn't show his files It DID recognize the USB devices though and they worked I havent found any settings to help with forcing a safe reboot Anyway does anyone have a advice on how i can get this laptop to run again taking all of this into account Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 Not booting. F8 Not working. Recovery Disk not working.

Start with the free bootable diagnostics (hard drive, memory, and anti-malware) here: Hardware Diags

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-not-booting-f8-not-working-recovery-disk-not-working-628741.html
Relevancy 25.37%

ASUS Notebook G Vx Series Windows Home Premium -bit Intel R WiFi Link AGN A few days ago my internet suddenly stopped working I plugged in the ethernet cord and everything worked fine Checking the properties in the device manager showed the device was working properly I also tried resetting it to make sure it was working Wifi working fine LAN ASUS on not laptop, enabled but it did not work Upon troubleshooting Wifi not working on ASUS laptop, LAN working fine the quot Windows Network Diagnostic quot said the problems was that the Wireless adapter was not turned on Using the switch Wifi not working on ASUS laptop, LAN working fine on the front of the laptop as well Wifi not working on ASUS laptop, LAN working fine as the function keys does nothing Usually a graphic pops up showing if the WiFi is on or off changinging transparent to show the WiFi is disabled Now when I turn the switch on it always appears transparent effectively going from off to off So I know the computer reads both the function keys and the switch on the front but both methods never actually turns the adapter on I just finished a system restore and nothing has changed Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Wifi not working on ASUS laptop, LAN working fine

Maybe the switch or adapter is defective. Some other ideas ...

Do you have an ASUS utility to also turn the wireless on/off? (I have an HP utility on one of my laptops that will individually control the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth if the physical switch is on.)

In Device Manager right click on the adapter - Properties - Advanced tab. Sometimes there is a Property in there that allows turning the adapter on/off.

If the card is easily accessible through a cover on the laptop's bottom remove and carefully and firmly replace the card several times to fix any potential looseness or corrosion problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-not-working-on-asus-laptop-lan-working-fine.1089705/
Relevancy 25.37%

WHAT COMPUTER SYSTEM AM I USING?:
Windows Vista Home Premium with 64-bit Operating System.WHEN DID THINGS GO WRONG?:
around the 1st October 2009.WHAT IS NOT WORKING?:
my latest 32-bit version of Mozilla Firefox when connected to the internet.my latest 32-bit version of Internet Explorer when connected to the internet.my latest 32-bit version of Opera when connected to the internet.my Skype.WHAT IS WORKING?:
my latest 32-bit version of Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera when viewing a web page that is on my computer (html pages which I have made for example).my 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.my internet connection.here are pictures of what happens when these applications are not working:

Mozilla Firefox

Internet Explorer

Opera

please help me find a way of sorting out this problem.
many thanks.

A:My 32-bit browsers and Skype are not working online but My 64-bit browser is working

only 64 bit browsers wiil work with 64 bit Operating sysytems....

Each of those you listed have 64 bit versions

Set up IE 8 first and get it connected to the net by going to Tool/options...hit the connections tab and fill it in.

When you install the others after fixing up IE... it will copy the connection information from IE and set up automatically.

Personally, I would stick to having just one browser...most of them do pretty much the same thing these days

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/250929-my-32-bit-browsers-skype-not-working-online-but-my-64-bit-browser-working.html
Relevancy 25.37%

My Acoustic Research AWSEE BK speakers were working about weeks ago last time I used them and today they would not connect I removed and reinstalled them a couple of times this has worked in the past when I have not been able to connect to them At this point they are installed under Bluetooth devices but they are not in the device manager - they used to be under sound and game controllers - and of course not in the manage audio devices where they also used to be Today they ended up under Peripheral bluetooth device in the device manager and the drivers could not be installed After much monkeying around I uninstalled them again and then they quit showing up in the device manager too I have spent many hours on many forums and pretty not Previously is Bluetooth working working today. speaker much every manufacturers website I think and cannot figure this out My bluetooth radios are Dell Wireless Bluetooth v HS and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator I did go to the Broadcomm website and update the driver I have also checked the Bluetooth support under features and made sure the settings were automatic and started and I also re-started this feature I have run the trouble shooter for playback devices and got no where because the speakers are not connected Under device manager when they were showing up as peripheral bluetooth devices I tried to update the drivers from there I have tried 'disabling' the built in computer speakers Previously working Bluetooth speaker is not working today. and reinstalling the BT speakers when the computer speakers were off and that did not work I have tried to 'right click' the speaker icon don't just click Next in the 'Add a Device' menu and that did not work My daughter's Ipad mini was able to connect to them perfectly in a minute I also got an 'Error ' I think that's what it was when I was doing something about this problem today When I try to connect to the speakers after the computer tells me they have been successfully installed and the drivers have been installed I have tried to close the screen because it takes too long and I have got a BTWUIExt is not responding error When I 'check' the services that are supposed to be 'checked' there are and look at the drivers it tells me everything is working properly I am not sure what to do next Thanks a bunch

A:Previously working Bluetooth speaker is not working today.

Hi Munchy,
Try a restore point from when they were working.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/394435-previously-working-bluetooth-speaker-not-working-today.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey, so I have a dualboot Vista + Linux (Ubuntu Hardy). I burned about 6 DVDs using K3B (a popular linux burning software) using UDF. When i insert them into my Sony AW G170-A in Vista, it doesnt work in Windows Explorer, it just shows 0 bytes free of 4.37 GB. and when i double-click it, there's no data inside. The files i burnt are a couple mkv videos. However, in poweriso, when i press the copy button it copies the contents correctly to a .iso!! The DVD also works fine in Ubuntu. Help Please? I've searched the entire WWW!!

A:DVD Burnt in Ubuntu (K3B, using UDF) not working in Vista, but working in PowerISO

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burnt-in-ubuntu-k3b-using-udf-not-working-in-vista-but-working-in-poweriso.736289/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have sort of an odd problem I have a desktop computer that is connect to the internet wirelessly Everything works fine there I also have an xbox connected to the desktop via working properly. fine, working Wireless not Wired an Ethernet cable I use this connection primarily Wireless working fine, Wired not working properly. to stream movies from my computer to the xbox Today in the middle of a movie the movie stopped playing and gave me an error saying xbox isn t connected to the computer any more I checked the physical connection and everything was fine I looked at my desktop running windows Wireless working fine, Wired not working properly. xp and noticed my LAN connection wasn t properly running It said I have limited or no connectivity So I tried repairing it renewing it disabling and re-enabling it Nothing worked In fact I get this error quot An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out quot I also noticed I have a xxx xxx IP address if that helps at all EDIT Forgot to mention I also reinstalled the driver for the LAN card nbsp

Relevancy 25.37%

I can't ping I can't browse in any browser Firewall is running Wifi is connected Local Area Network connected WAN and LAN can both connect either one Working, Localhost Ping working Blocked, Not Browsers not at a time or both at the same time I've already run these commands netsh int ip reset reset log netsh winsock reset catalog Farbar scan scan Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by asus administrator on - - at Running from E Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Attempt to access Local Host IP returned error Localhost is blocked Other errors LAN connected Attempt to access Google IP returned error Other errors Attempt to access Google com returned error Other errors Attempt to access Yahoo com returned error Other errors Other Services File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers afd sys - - - - - - Localhost Blocked, Browsers Not Working, Ping not working A Microsoft Corporation F BB E EDCEAB Localhost Blocked, Browsers Not Working, Ping not working A EE CF C Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CA F C AF BC F CFE D EE C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log ComIntRepair Scan o o --------------------------------------oOOo- -oOOo-------------------------------------- Resetting all TCP IP Interfaces Please wait ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- TCP IP interfaces reset successful TCP IP v interfaces reset successful You may need to restart your computer for the settings to take effect Finished resetting the Internet Protocol TCP IP ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attempting to reset Winsock catalog Please wait ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog Finished repairing Winsock ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Releasing TCP IP connections Please wait ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully released TCP IP connections ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Renewing TCP IP connections Please wait ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully renewed TCP IP adapters ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuring the Windows Event Log Service Please wait ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Event Log Service Configured Starting the Windows Event Log Service Windows Event Log Service Started Successfully ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Flushing DNS Resolver Cache Please wait ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully flushed DNS Resolver Cache Refreshing all DHCP leases and re-registering DNS names Please wait Registration of the DNS resource records has been initiated Note Any errors will be reported in the 'Event Viewer' in about minutes Note Click on 'File' and then 'Event Viewer ' to open the Event Viewer ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Repairing Internet Explorer Please wait ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RegSvr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer DiagnosticsHub is dll ' registration succeeded RegSvr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer DiagnosticsTap dll ' registration succeeded RegSvr exe ... Read more

A:Localhost Blocked, Browsers Not Working, Ping not working

No replies?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536928/localhost-blocked-browsers-not-working-ping-not-working/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi guys I m new to this forum but I come here in the hope that you can help me figure out why is it that when I connect my TiVo to my linksys router configured as a switch I STOP HAVING WIFI Don t know why As soon as I turn the TiVo box off the wifi TiVo through switch) but working router(working as WIFI no starts working as soon as I reboot the router The TiVo works perfectly no breaks and perfectly connected to the network but that specific router switch where it is connected stops functioning though wifi can t even connect The setup I wish to use TiVo working through router(working as switch) but no WIFI and that is currently working is Modem router Thomson ---through cable TiVo working through router(working as switch) but no WIFI to another router with dhcp and nat disabled airporttime capsule --- through cable to another router linksys also with dhcp and nat disabled Everything works when not using the TiVo box The only switch that stops working is the linksys the one to which the tivo is connected Help me pleAseeee I m from Portugal-using an internet tv service nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tivo-working-through-router-working-as-switch-but-no-wifi.1098975/
Relevancy 25.37%

I upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate I have all updates both optional and required Since the upgrade I ve noticed that when I am in IE and click on a linked video for example a mov file or anything like that instead of getting the video I get a Every time without exception Youtube still works for me so I don t know why it wouldn t be a problem there too it s only when I actually click on the link to properly pages working on not Clicking & not videos working a video I ve trid it in Safari and it works for me so the problem is Clicking on videos not working & pages not working properly definitely IE Also if I click on a link and it makes a new page pop up after Clicking on videos not working & pages not working properly about - times of doing this during the course of the computer being on IE will not let me open any other links that create a new window I tried restarting IE but it doesn t work I also tried starting alternative internet browsers after IE caused it to not open new windows but every alternative browser wouldn t work properly either This is really getting to be an aggravation as I have to restart my computer every single time this happens Short of a complete reformat I really don t know what to do I hate to format because I don t want to take a full day out of my life just to fix something that should have worked properly in the first place Anything you guys can advise me on would be appreciated more than you know nbsp

A:Clicking on videos not working & pages not working properly

try
go to your computer support site and update video driver
exactly match your system.
hope its work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clicking-on-videos-not-working-pages-not-working-properly.642136/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello!
I'm using my laptop in a desktop mode. but some days when i start up the computer the mouse is on (Sees the red optical light.)
But the cursor dont move when i move the mouse. when i drag the cable out and in again the ligh wont turn on. i change usb port and it works. 1-3 days later the same thing happends and i change to the previous one.

And if i put anything else in the port that stops working it wont recognize. its like it temporarely dies.
Is this becouse of the ports is 3.0 and the mouse is 2.0?
Have 3 usb ports, 1: Keyboard 2-3, Mouse.
Mouse: Logitech Gaming mouse g400.

A:My mouse Usb port stops working. but starts working again after a day.

I sort of have nearly them same problem only on my work pc. It seems to me if you leave it in for about 5 minutes it starts to work again See if leaving it in works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285978-my-mouse-usb-port-stops-working-but-starts-working-again-after-day.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi I hope this will be an easy one for you guys on the forum on another working are working triggers but on pc one not XBOX360 Controller Wireless I was playing FIFA on my laptop with a XBOX Wireless Controller connected with the official microsoft pc reciever XBOX360 Wireless Controller triggers not working on one pc but are working on another when the trigger buttons suddenly XBOX360 Wireless Controller triggers not working on one pc but are working on another stopped working I went to the windows controller calibration tool and the little z-axis the triggers graph didnt move when i pressed them When I tried to recalibrate them the tool detected the zaxis movement as i pressed XBOX360 Wireless Controller triggers not working on one pc but are working on another the buttons but as soon as the calibration proccess was over it wasnt detecting zaxis movement anymore I then plugged it into another pc and the gamepad worked fine I tried restoring calibration to default uninstalling drivers and even running logitech wingman clear calibration utility to try and clear calibration settings but no luck Any ideas laptop sysinfo OS Version Microsoft Windows Consumer Preview bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon M and M Series Engineering Sample - WDDM v Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer JE HR Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox360-wireless-controller-triggers-not-working-on-one-pc-but-are-working-on-another.1050970/
Relevancy 25.37%

Im running this Hijack log for someone The disk not lag, Computer disk not scandisk and defrag working, working defragmentor isnt working and starting over along with the scan disk The computer lags sometimes and logs off Here is a log let me know if there is anything wrong thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM Computer lag, and disk defrag not working, scandisk not working MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLACSD EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSRTE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL REALPLAYER REALPLAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLDIAL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSSHLD EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSESCN EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM AGENT MCAGENT EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM PERSONAL FIREWALL MPFTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES AOL COMPANION COMPANION EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE AOLTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM PERSONAL FIREWALL MPFAGENT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE WAOL EXE C PROGRAM FILES AMERICA ONLINE SHELLMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL AOLTPSPD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SLRUNDLL EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL AOL SPYWARE PROTECTION AOLSP SCHEDULER EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WINZIP EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS TEMP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page C Program Files AOL Toolbar welcome html O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll - amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C PROGRAM FILES AOL TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLL O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - C PROGRAM FILES MCAFEE COM VSO MCVSSHL DLL O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run PCHealth C WINDOWS PCHealth Support PCHSchd exe -s O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO MCMNHDLR EXE quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM AGENT mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM AGENT MCUPDATE EXE O - HKLM Run MPFExe C PROGRA MCAFEE COM PERSON MPFTRAY EXE O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKLM RunServices AolAcsDaemon quot C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLACSD EXE quot O - HKLM RunServices McVsRte C PROGRA MCAFEE COM VSO mcvsrte exe embedding O - Startup AOL Companion lnk C Program Files AOL Companion companion exe O - Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online aoltray exe O - Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C PROGRAM FILES AOL TOOLBAR TOOLBAR DLL SEARCH HTML O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b-... Read more

A:Computer lag, and disk defrag not working, scandisk not working

Hi PH -

Nothing really jumps out at me in that log. Windows ME is notorious for doing just as you describe....the best way to work around that is to run them in safe mode.

As you know, HJT should not be in TEMP. Move it to a permanent location such as C:\HJT.

You may want to run an online virus check.

Run a scan using Panda ActiveScan http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan. Post the log from the Panda scan here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-lag-and-disk-defrag-not-working-scandisk-not-working-58112.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey,

Having massive issues with trying to get the sound to work on any webpage. I've checked all the sound settings and they are fine, but if i go onto youtube etc it doesn't want to work.

Any ideas on what it could be?

all help wouldnt be excellent!

Kimmeh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-on-webpages-not-working-but-working-for-media-player-etc.734330/
Relevancy 25.37%

i recently boughta new laptop, 1gb ram, microsoft vista, 160 gb ram, core2 duo. i connected a microphone to the external jack. the speakers started making chirping kinda sounds and when i restarted no sounds were there but the headphones are working fine. thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-speakers-not-working-headphones-working-fine.605795/
Relevancy 25.37%

My system is doing the following and more but here s what I can remember at the moment I have all kinds of junk running at etc. working, start, msconfig not on not working user, a _helper.sig IE at start-up that I cannot disable which gunks up the start-up terribly In msconfig I get an error message that says quot An Access Denied error was returned while trying to change a service You may need to log on using an administrator account to make the specified _helper.sig at start, IE not working on a user, msconfig not working, etc. changes quot I get a helper sig message at start-up in a box titled quot Common quot There is a folder on my desktop with the name quot NNJN M L MN B JM M KLNM BMB N T It has duplicates of many files from our documents and software folders but I do not remember making the folder Internet Explorer does not work on one of my accounts Upon launch it gives a quot Internet Explorer cannot open the website quot message Works fine on another administrator account System Restore points are available at times not at others After I run Malware-Byte s software I m usually able to get things up and running for a little while then the malware bogs it down and I get fake Windows Security alerts porn icons appear on desktop and more I d like to get whatever is planting this stuff on my system out totally if possible Your help would be GREATLY appreciated I ve run Malware-Bytes program to clean things up I use McAfee AV software provided by Comcast Running Windows XP w Service Pack Hi-Jack This log below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTDevSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system WebUpdateSvc exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WLService exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WUSB GSC exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files lg fwupdate fwupdate exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative Sync Manager Unicode CTSyncU exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp wave defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp wave defaults su h... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/_helper-sig-at-start-ie-not-working-on-a-user-msconfig-not-working-etc.890154/
Relevancy 25.37%

Webpages are not loading in chrome browser but no such problem in firefox. I have tried changing the settings to default. I have tried unistalling and doing a clean install. Nothing works.
No issue in firefox browser though. Please help

A:Internet not working in chrome but working fine in firefox

Check the installed extensions in Chrome's settings and remove any you find.  If you still cannot go online, check the firewall.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563416/internet-not-working-in-chrome-but-working-fine-in-firefox/
Relevancy 25.37%

I followed these instructions to get it working :
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/...le-remote-desktop-in-windows-xp-home-edition/
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/...esktop-connections-or-sessions-in-windows-xp/

And a couple of months after I got it working it just stopped working all of a sudden, and the "terminal services" disappeared out of the services manager, and I tried to reinstall in twice and it still will not show up, I don't know what to do besides reformat.

I have windows Xp Home SP2 (I didn't upgrade past that because it works and works better than last time I had sp3, So I'm just going to leave it for now.

A:Remote desktop stoped working on XP Home (I did have it working)

Use ultraVNC server and viewer. Works much better and less of a lag on system. I also think you need netframework.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-desktop-stoped-working-on-xp-home-i-did-have-it-working.979751/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi! I am repeatedly getting the error "Internet Explorer not working" / Windows checking for solution/Last browsing closed unexpectedly , then Restore Session. I went to google to find a fix for this error .I'm being told to Press Window + W key then type in Troubleshooting in the Search box , then enter View All ,then Click IE Performance, then click Advanced etc..... The problem is that when I get to the Search box I start to type in the Troubleshooting and after one keystroke of the T, the computer automatically goes back to my desktop home page. The search engine box will not let me fix this problem. Can somebody help me ? Thanks so much! I have IE 10 and recently upgraded to the windows 8.1 from the Windows 8 about 3 weeks ago.

A:IE 10 stopped Working error / Search engine not working

Are you sure you have Windows 8.1? If you were you would have IE 11
From the Charms bar search System and verify if indeed you have Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/56526-ie-10-stopped-working-error-search-engine-not-working.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys, i'm stumped.

Laptop Info:
Toshiba Satellite L75D-A7283
Windows 8.1

Track pad doesn't work. All started randomly one day when I started the laptop up. Just didn't work. Now the keyboard will stop  working after about 10 minutes.
Things I've tried:
FN Key  + F5 (enable/disable trackpad)
Double tapping the top left corner of track pad.
Uninstalled all trackpad drivers, restarted, let windows install drivers.
Uninstalled all trackpad drivers, restarted, installed Toshiba Drivers
Checked BIOS for disabled Trackpad.
Lastly, reinstalled windows 8.

I got nothing. I'm stuck.
Any suggestions?

Picture of error; http://i.imgur.com/jTMau9y.png

A:Laptop trackpad not working. Keyboard stops working.

Ruhhh rohhhh. No one has any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541993/laptop-trackpad-not-working-keyboard-stops-working/
Relevancy 25.37%

right my flash player hasnt been working on some youtube videos for a while now and its starting to do my head in something wicked..
i have tried everything so dont say uninstall using blah blah and re installing and active scripting is enabled.

heres an example of one of the videos that it dusnt like to work on..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG9UGesXmEg

As for my windows live messenger plus!

i click on the desktop icon it doesn't do anything apart from in the proccesses window, msnmsgr.exe comes up and then dissapears.

help meee!!

Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,
Asus MoBo P7P55D LE, I tried to update my drivers using a program that detects new drivers. Unfortunately when it had finished, I did not have any sound. Speakers plug into the rear panel and headphone into the front panel. Been into the device manger and all devices are working correctly. Went to the Asus site to download the via/nvidia drivers but when they downloaded, I used the setup but windows says it cannot find the drivers, also used the Mobo disk and again windows says cannot find drivers, so at a loss. I somehow managed to get the front headphone jack working but has a permanent hiss on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks and Regards
Bob

A:Unable to get speaker working although device manager says working ok

First off NEVER use one of the sites that scans your system to see if you need driver updates. There too many posts of people having problems after using one of those sites.

You can Rollback the drivers that were installed. Go to the Device Manager, display each of the devices (one at a time) and in the properties for the device. click on Driver Tab and then click Rollback Driver. This should get you back to where you were before you did whatever update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/366911-unable-get-speaker-working-although-device-manager-says-working-ok.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Working/Non Working software for Windows Developer Preview AKA Windows 8

Originally Posted by synaptix

Legend:
GREEN = Working
RED = Not working
BLUE = Additional Information

Please use color code above when posting your list

Paint.NET
Google Earth
Divx Plus Web Player (free)
Logitech webcam software - model, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910
Logitech gaming software 8.01 - Logitech G 110 gaming Keyboard
Acronis True Image WD edition (free) Must own and have eligible Western digital drive attached to work.
InfanView Image Viewer and editor + Plugins
Iwin games manager - free/subscription games portal
Easy BCD 2.02 and ireboot 1.1.1
HWiNFO/32/64 Tools
Windows installer uninstall utility
Faststone Capture 5.3 (last free version) If screem resolution is 1024 x768 or lower at 100 DPI or less.

Note: Most programs should install fine using Windows 7 compatibility but not always as I had tried to install an Intel LAN driver from my mobo manufacturer but the current OS was not supported and installation was aborted.

A:Working and non working software for Windows 8: Developer Preview

+==========+==========+==========+==========+==========+
.NET Compact Framework 1.0
.NET Compact Framework 2.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 x86=NOT WORKING/x64=NOT WORKING
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 = x86=NOT WORKING/x64=NOT WORKING
Microsoft .NET Framework 4
.NET Framework Redistributable 1.0
.NET Framework Redistributable 2.0
.NET Framework Redistributable 3.0
.NET Micro Framework
16-bit SDK and DDKs
2001-10 MSDN Library October
2005-07 MSDN Library July
2006-01 MSDN Library January
2006-05 MSDN Library May
2006-06 MSDN Library June
2006-07 MSDN Library July
2006-08 MSDN Library August
2006-12 MSDN Library December
2007-01 MSDN Library January
2007-04 MSDN Library April
2007-06 MSDN Library June
ASP .NET AJAX 1.0
Academic Alliance Tools
Access 2.0
Access 2003
Access 2007
Access 2010
Access Developer Extensions 2003
Accounting
Antigen
Application Compatibility
Application Virtualization
AutoCollage 2008
Automatic Graph Layout
Azure SDK
Bank Framework SDK and DDKs
Baseline Security Analyzer 2.0.1
BizTalk Server 2002
BizTalk Server 2004
BizTalk Server 2006
BizTalk Server 2006 R2
BizTalk Server 2009
BizTalk Server 2010
BizTalk Server Accelerators and Adapters
Bookshelf Symbol 7
Business Contact Manager
Business Contact Manager 2010
Business ScoreCard Manager
CMC SDK and DDKs
CRC 3.05
Commerce Server 2002
Commerce Server 2007
Commerce Server 2009
Commerce Server 2009 R2
Compute Cluster Pack
Connected Services Framework
Content Management Server
Customer Care Framework 2005
Customer Care Framework 2008
Customer Care Framework 2009
DHTML Editing SDK and DDKs
Data Analyzer 2002
Desktop Optimization Pack
Desktop Player
Developer Security Resource Kit
Device Simulator
Digital Dashboard
DirectX SDK and DDKs
Duet Enterprise for Microsoft SharePoint and SAP
Dynamics AX 4.0
Dynamics AX 2009
Dynamics AX 2012
Dynamics Axapta 3.0
Dynamics... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/2400-working-non-working-software-windows-8-developer-preview.html
Relevancy 25.37%

So yesterday the whole apartment I live in got a total internetblock. Nobody could do anything on the internet for the whole day, it said something bout my network cards (I am swedish so I don't know what everything is called in english) didn't work. So I use an internet cable, but it seems like that one doesn't work either, as I keep getting disconnected from the Internet randomly, it's incredibly annoying.

What can be wrong with my router?

A:Wireless not working at all, internet cable partially not working

Hi and welcome to TSF the network card is on the computer not the router so please check in device manager for any error flags yellow ! or red Xs

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-not-working-at-all-internet-cable-partially-not-working-479748.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi Friends,

I bought Zebronics cabinet and the mother boad is DZ75ML-45k. I've installed the motherboard CD.
In Sound, Streo is working and 5.1 one is not working. In 5.1, front L ,R is working. rear L&R, Center and subwoofer is not working. Kindly find below the screen shot.

Thanks with Regards,
Vallamuthu M

A:mother boad DZ75ML-45k: Streo is working and 5.1 one is not working

Your system does not show all the needed jacks. See my RealTek setup below.

If you used the RealTek driver, go to the Intel site and download and install the latest version for your motherboard.

If that does not give you all the ports, try the generic RealTek driver from RealTek HERE

If it still does not work, there may be a hardware problem with the new motherboard.

My RealTek HD Audio Manager

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/301366-mother-boad-dz75ml-45k-streo-working-5-1-one-not-working.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Just sharing...My keyboard stopped working one day. It sometimes worked when I started the computer but stopped working after that. I followed instructions, and updated the drivers to no avail.On youtube I saw a few video regarding problems with windows 10 and the keyboard not working. I had installed windows 10 about a month before my keyboard stopped working. The video states you must go to the settings, ease of access, and keyboard.  Within keyboard you just change the various switches as instructed. I restarted my computer and to my amazement it worked. I'm just putting it out there should anyone be facing the same problem.

A:Inspiron 11 3000 series keyboard not working/sometime working

This is just one of many videos I saw. It worked for me.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19677933
Relevancy 24.94%

First my apologies for the length of the Search cmd Redirect, working, Regedit not working not below Search Redirect, Regedit not working, cmd not working So I m at my wits end as you can see I have several problems with my friend s Toshiba Laptop It s running WinXP MCE with Service Pack The problems that are occurring start when the computer boots into windows as the AVG icon does not show in the systray I uninstalled repaired and it worked for a moment but on reboot it went away It s still running as a task but no icon Second I ve reinstalled IE and when I do a search Google or Yahoo I get the suggested sites but when I click the link I get redirected Most are normal sites and I haven t experienced any porn site redirects I can t run regedit to take a look at the registry and now can t even run cmd as it clears the screen then goes back to quot normal quot I ve run SuperAntiSpyware with nothing but cookies found I ve run AVG and no viruses are found I ve run Sypbot and Adware and nothing unusual found And lastly I have run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and nothing was found So I m now seeking help Here is the log from Hijack This Many thanks in advance If I need to add anything else please let me know Kenneth Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system spupdsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system reg exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshibadirect com dpdstart O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/search-redirect-regedit-not-working-cmd-not-working.807648/
Relevancy 24.94%

The "Start" button has stopped working.  so has Cortana, the internet connection button, the speaker button.  I was not trying to install anything - they just stopped working.  I can not get to any settings, apps, programs, etc.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/The-quot-Start-quot-button-is-not-working-Cortana-is-not/td-p/5634277
Relevancy 24.94%

In the past i have come to this website and got some great help from the people here i appreciate the help i been given and im back again with a brand new problem which i cant seem to figure out at all working, although working, not is connection Internet :( modem help Not totally sure of all the information i should be putting here but here goes System Windows XP Pro SP Specs Intel Pentium Dual CPU Internet connection not working, although modem is working, help :( E GHz GHz GB of RAM Modem BT Homehub Network Adapter Realtek RTL C P P PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC Driver version My PC is custom built i always connect to the internet through an ethernet cable i have tried a few different cables and they all do not work but they work in my dads Xbox The internet works fine as im using my dads laptop on the internet connection to do this post therefore the modem itself is not to blame I have tried all my software to see if its a virus or trojan which is blocking Internet connection not working, although modem is working, help :( the connection but according to those my PC is clean It must be a setting in the PC but i got no idea what its funny because my PC has not had trouble for a long time and usually i been able to sort it myself but now im scratching my head I tried to reinstall the network adapter Internet connection not working, although modem is working, help :( driver but this did not work I am really sorry if i have not put all the necessary information i read the post but it did not tell me exactly what i should be putting down for this kind of problem i am well prepared to give any information which is required Thanks for any help you may give me

A:Internet connection not working, although modem is working, help :(

so this pc has been able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable before??

and looks like you installed a PCI-express network card?? who, did the motherboard not have a built in one...?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-connection-not-working-although-modem-is-working-help-526738.html
Relevancy 24.94%

I have Win7 Ultimate in my Compaq Presario CQ60 Laptop. Sounds driver is working properly but microphone is not responding.

A:Speaker working but builtin microphone not working.

updated my driver now its working fine. closing this thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/278606-speaker-working-but-builtin-microphone-not-working.html
Relevancy 24.94%

I need help please , my PC started to suddenly stop , my HDD dont even spin when i tried to touch it , the screen doesnt change , but i cant move my mouse or do anything , when i restart the pc and open the Reliability history , it says i got BSOD. i thought it was the windows before , so i installed new windows , format my HDD , but it still getting that problem. here is my SF diagnostic report.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byd...it?usp=sharing

just out of curiousity , when im installing something on my pc , i notice it runs very slowly , and when i check the resource monitor , its like this

A:HDD suddenly stop working and BSOD while working

Hello and welcome zap mate some system specs would be good and the Google link needs signing up to read what is in it??
Anyhow try this System Info - See Your System Specs for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324116-hdd-suddenly-stop-working-bsod-while-working.html
Relevancy 24.94%

hi , iam trying to fix this problem but can't find a solution. where is the problem?
thx

A:Stereo speaker not working but headphones are working

have you tried another set of speakers?

please add some more details on the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stereo-speaker-not-working-but-headphones-are-working.132853/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi, I updated my Synapse software (Razer) and suddenly my BlackWidow mechanical keyboard isn't working fully. The F keys are not working correctly the F10 mutes and F11/12 turn the volume up and down (almost like it's a laptop keyboard). The Windows key has swapped with the ALT key and also the hash key isn't working.

I'm not sure what else to do, I uninstalled Synapse, reinstalled, updated it, removed it, unplugged the keyboard etc.

Any help appreciated

A:Some Keyboard keys not working / working incorrectly

You might try System Restore back to the day before you first updated the software. I would also try the keyboard on another computer to make sure the keyboard is okay. And while at it, try the other keyboard on your system.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/56011-some-keyboard-keys-not-working-working-incorrectly.html
Relevancy 24.94%

I got a new Kingston Datatraveler GB pendrive It is working perfectly on both my desktops at home However on 16GB Drive other but PCs... Pen not on working working on laptop my laptop its failing to write data It can read and copy data from the pendrive perfectly however when I try to write data on it it writes a certain amount on a very slow speed - kb s the normal would be mb s and then completely stops giving a file not found error options are Try Again Skip Cancel Sometimes it manages to transfer at a high speed and suddenly stops at and stops transferring at all and hangs there at s Pen Drive 16GB not working on laptop but working on other PCs... remaining After a while the pendrive completely disappears from the system toghether with the transfer box and I have to replug it to appear again The file is now on the pendrive but its corrupted as it onlytransferred Does anyone know what s going on Why is my pendrive acting so weirdly It works perfectly on other computers except on my laptop as it fails to write Please help nbsp

Relevancy 24.94%

My computer has slowed right down and the hard driving sounds like it just keeps working and working and working It never stops Have I picked up something Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP just infected? drive I'm Hard working I keeps working - and WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Hard drive just keeps working and working - I'm I infected? svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Dad My Documents Programs HiJack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - Startup UMAX VistaAccess lnk C VSTASCAN vsaccess exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft co O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net ll xscan cab O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cab O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe O - Service iPod Service iPodService - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service PCTEL Speaker Phone Pctspk - PCtel Inc - C WINDOWS system pctspk exe

A:Hard drive just keeps working and working - I'm I infected?

Unless mistaken, you should have just done some online scans which didnt find much.

Your log appears clean & I think your hard drive's workings are the cause of Windows indexing service.
More info here > http://www.theeldergeek.com/indexing_service.htm

Malware usually aren't the noisy type..lol

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hard-drive-just-keeps-working-and-working-im-i-infected-71892.html
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello....

My Microphone is working on Intel 865, but it's not working on Intel 915GAV is there any compatibility issue or any driver problem, Please let me know...

Regards,
--Pavan.

A:My Microphone is not working on Intel915GAV, but it's working on Intel865

Did you check the Volume Control panel in Program Files -> Accessories -> Entertainment to make sure that line in isn't muted?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-microphone-is-not-working-on-intel915gav-but-its-working-on-intel865.28494/
Relevancy 24.94%

hello sir,
i am ravi9441 , i am facing a critical problem that when i am working with internet explorer 6.0 ( win2k professional ) it is being stopped and when i restart the machine i was able to work with the browser . tis type of action i hav performed about 10 times it is again repeating what could be the reason .
please provide me a solution for this problem

A:internet explorer is not working but when i restart it again working ?

Try this, I copied it from another site

Repair Internet Explorer
It is possible that Internet Explorer has somehow become corrupted. Internet explorer and Outlook express are inextricably linked together. To repair Internet Explorer, open the Control Panel and double click Add/Remove programs. Scroll down the list to find Microsoft Internet Explorer (x) and Internet Tools. Click the Remove button. Select Repair Internet Explorer from the resulting dialog box and click OK. A few seconds will pass and your computer will reboot. Hopefully, this will cure your problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-is-not-working-but-when-i-restart-it-again-working.293699/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello,

My printer is not printing. It's saying it cannot connect to computer try unplugging usb, unplugging printer or restarting the computer. (which doesn't help)

However, the scanner seems to work.

It's a Lexmark x75.

I haven't used it in a long time (perhaps never on this computer, although i have used the scanner) I just got ink for it and need to print something to be scanned and emailed in an hour, ideally.

Using xp.

One thing, is that it successfully printed a test page after i put the ink in.

I'm trying to print from adobe reader, a pdf document.

Thanks!

A:Lexmark printer not working. Need it working in 1 hour. please help!

Make sure that the correct printer is set as the default printer.

Start > Printers and Faxes > make sure correct printer selected.

If still having issue try reinstalling the printer driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lexmark-printer-not-working-need-it-working-in-1-hour-please-help-549200.html
Relevancy 24.94%

i have a problem with my mouse cursor.... when it is performing something it become busy... right.. and sometimes the mouse cursor will rotate... or the working in background.... it doesnt rotate anymore.. i mean the windows aero scheme.. i am using a windows 7 os... i dnt know what is the problem,.. i alreay have the tuneup utilities 2010.. still no progree.. plls help me resolve my problem

A:Mouse cursor working in background not working

Go to Control Panel>Mouse>Pointers and confirm everything is as you want it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/38474-mouse-cursor-working-background-not-working.html
Relevancy 24.94%

Before this round of trouble I discovered a problem with one of my graphics cards when they were in SLI with Blue screens and other nasty little things occuring when running Windows I removed my secondary graphics card from the system to see if I could get a more stable OS which I did I decided to test to see if the other graphics card running on it s own would lead to a stable system however I was getting zeros on the VGA BIOS bootup screen and other problems before I even reached Windows Vista I did sucessfully boot into Vista and enter my password using Keyboard working isn't mouse just working not properly, the keyboard and move the mouse around however once I had logged into my profile Vista began asking me if I wanted to Keyboard not working properly, mouse just isn't working install the drivers for the keyboard and mouse I selected to update from the Internet and when Vista did not find any drivers for either device it disabled them Eventually I got both the keyboard and mouse functioning again by reinstalling Intellipoint pro and the Logitech setpoint While using the second graphics card I noted some distortions such as zeros appearing on the VGA BIOS screen during boot up so I decided to switch out the graphics cards again again this caused Vista to forget about my keyboard and mouse I am however able to get onto Vista a combination of a cheap usb mouse I had laying around and the Vista on screen keyboard The fix I used previously reinstalling of Intellipoint and Setpoint has not works I have also attempted to manually install the drivers through device manager everytime I do this with the keyboard I get a message saying that the driver cannot be installed because of quot Access is Denied quot I get the same message with reinstalling the mouse I have got the keyboard to work somehow however it keeps asking me for a driver at startup and inside device manager the keyboard is listed as quot Unknwon Device quot that is ON the Natural Ergonomic keyboard if I choose to update the driver or tell Vista not to tell me about the driver update the keyboard stops working and I am back to square one Short Version I changed my primary graphics card and now the Vista drivers for my mouse and keyboard do not work while the same hardware does work under Ubuntu Any help will be apprieciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-not-working-properly-mouse-just-isnt-working.748314/
Relevancy 24.94%

So my nephew is trying to play this game and wants to play using the headset so he can be able to talk while he is playing. Problom is we can hear sound from headset but mike isnt working. The computer im using is Emachines ET1331G Windows 7. If i can get a totorial on how to get this stuff working i would really appriciate it.

A:How to get my headset working, mike isnt working

Yes, you need to enter the default recording device (microphone) in Control Panels sound applet. It's that easy!

If you have any other questions, dont hesitate to ask!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/69534-how-get-my-headset-working-mike-isnt-working.html
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello I am using an hp G lap top on Vista I am unable to connect to the internet via wireless but am able to connect via ether net I am able to connect to the internet via wireless on my phone HTC sense and another laptop dell inspiron R running windows I receive the following error message from google chrome This webpage is not available The server at www google co uk can t net ether Solved: working. is working Wireless not be found because the DNS lookup failed DNS is the network service that translates a website s name to its Internet address This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network Here are some suggestions Reload this webpage later Check your Internet connection Restart any router modem or other network devices you may be using Solved: Wireless not working ether net is working. Check your DNS settings Contact your network administrator if you re not sure what this means Try disabling network prediction by following these steps Go to the wrench menu Solved: Wireless not working ether net is working. gt Settings Solved: Wireless not working ether net is working. gt Show advanced settings and deselect quot Predict network actions to improve page load performance quot If this does not resolve the issue we recommend selecting this option again for improved performance Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall s or antivirus software s settings If it is already a permitted program try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again If you use a proxy server check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working If you don t believe you should be using a proxy server adjust your proxy settings Go to the wrench menu gt Settings gt Show advanced settings gt Change proxy settings gt LAN Settings and deselect the quot Use a proxy server for your LAN quot checkbox Error net ERR NAME NOT RESOLVED Unable to resolve the server s DNS address I would be grateful for any help thanks Malcolm nbsp

Relevancy 24.94%

NOW that Dell KNOWS about the above keys not working correctly does anyone know if they have found a solution yet My warranty expires in Nov and I ve been dealing with this real pain in the problem for nbsp a good - months now and my hubby A, CAPS, than working). not and Z 1, ESC, keys (more ~,TAB, Q, intermittently... working wants me to buy a new laptop certainly NOT another DELL after THIS problem instead of trying to fix this Inspiron model Well it s only months old and still under warranty I REFUSE to keep wasting my money on laptops and ESC, ~,TAB, CAPS, 1, Q, A, and Z keys working intermittently... (more not than working). want to have this one repaired under warranty I ALSO noticed in the last few months there is an exorbitant amount of heat coming mostly from the left underside bottom so much so that I have to use a lap desk nbsp in order to keep my lap from burning up This might be contributing to the problems of the keyboard I just want to be able to use it My only fear is I get it repaired and then it fails again for the same reason in a few months then what From reading ALL the blogs on THIS problem I m loosing confidence in Dell s products

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990372
Relevancy 24.94%

let me explain My Internet working (working on connection not desktop? on others) in my family s house we have two desktops cable connection and two laptops wireless connection the connection with My Internet connection not working on desktop? (working on others) the internet My Internet connection not working on desktop? (working on others) has always been fine until months ago our family went on holidays for months and we came back and i figured out that the internet connection on of the main desktop we use no longer working however on all of the other computers we have the internet is fine with no problems at all the main desktop s connection would sometimes work however most of the times it doesn t work even when it does work it would only be for a short period of time of around hour then it would go into dead mode again and unable to connect i have tryed to reset the modern and router many times i also been in the connection status to disable the connection as well as turning off the router and modern for the whole night then reswitch it back on and still the problem still occurs i would like to know if anyone has any ideas what the problem might be and how to solve it if possible if there are any steps by steps instruction that anyone has please may you put it down notice All of my other computers connections are totally fine and i tryed changing the cable before which didn t solve the problem i even rebooted my whole comp before and did not help the situation anything that might be able to help please post thanks nbsp

Relevancy 24.94%

Hi Boopme My neighbor is having problems with his computer and I suggested B C for help I informed him that I m just a junior and am not allowed to help him with his problems Can someone take a look at this HiJackthis log to see if he s infected I will have him create an account of his own if he has to go into the malware removal forum I tried to uninstall ask com and all of it s components to no avail and it looks like he may have some R andR issues but everything else that I have seen looks okay to me save the ask com O s HP working, not I.E Drivers Missing, not working software and removing the remnants of outdated java updates et al Please advise Thanking You In Advance STC Forgot I couldn t post logs here so I I.E not working, Drivers Missing, HP software not working deleted the log I.E not working, Drivers Missing, HP software not working Addendum STC s Friend also informed me that he had HP techs do a remote access to this system they then informed him that he had two unknown ISP s showing that were utilizing his system at the same time that they were I didn t see any indication of backdoor trojans in his logfile but then again I m not an expert YET

A:I.E not working, Drivers Missing, HP software not working

Hello Sani-T-Capt I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Step 1Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersCheck the boxes next to Verify file digital signatures and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Step 2Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Step 3Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the com... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457578/ie-not-working-drivers-missing-hp-software-not-working/
Relevancy 24.94%

I was closing my cd tray and the headphone wire got caught and hung it up. I pulled the cord to the side and the tray closed by itself. I put in a cd that I had burned from my old computer with music, pictures and docs. It didn't play and checking the device manager it says that " Windows cannot initalize the device driver for this hardware. Code 37 "

So, not seeing how a cord could cause driver issues, I'm guessing I had a bug on the cd. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the cd rom but that didn't work.

Any sugesstions?

Relevancy 24.94%

The "Start" button has stopped working.  so has Cortana, the internet connection button, the speaker button.  I was not trying to install anything - they just stopped working.  I can not get to any settings, apps, programs, etc.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/The-quot-Start-quot-button-is-not-working-Cortana-is-not/td-p/5634277