Windows Support Forum

Fan not working and PC instantly slowed down?

Q: Fan not working and PC instantly slowed down?

Hi when I applied some new Thermal paste to my rig I noticed that my case fan stop spinning after the POST test on bootup.
my build is.
G33MO3 Motherboard
E8500 CPU
EVGA gtx 650 GPU
250 Seagate HDD
Simple samsung Optical drive
430w corsair PSU
2x1Gb DDR2 RAM
I am running the latest version of BIOS for my motherboard (dell revision 1.0.15).
This is unfortunate as I was just about to overclock my system and now the only fan on my case has gone.
I know the fan works because during POST it spins up.
I've tried clearing the BIOS to default with CMOS but that did nothing but slow my computer down.
Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Fan not working and PC instantly slowed down?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Fan not working and PC instantly slowed down?

Hmm, don't try clearing the BIOS, try looking through it, the fan might be disabled for some reason in there. Also, do you have any other places you could plug that fan into ( on the motherboard, or you could just use two wires to connect it to the PSU directly ? Also, make sure any fan-control or overclock software doesn't interfere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-not-working-and-pc-instantly-slowed-down.207984/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I am experiencing fine and slowed 7 Windows Working down.... - some performance issues on my PC First of all here are the specs Operating system - Windows Ultimate x bit RAM - GB Graphics card - AMD ATI Radeon HD Processor - Intel Dual Core GHz So here's the problem Last week I installed the new GB RAM to my PC to make it GB The computer was working fine and everything was all right Yesterday however I turned my PC on and inserted my pen drive and transferred a midi file which I played on my Yamaha PSR-S to the computer When I was doing this I noticed that my PC was usually slow Next I quickly scanned my computer with the antivirus I have Trend Micro Titanium and I downloaded IOBIT advanced system care and did a full fix Now the computer is a very little bit Windows 7 - Working fine and slowed down.... faster but it gives a lot of problems Please tell me how I can get my old PC speed back IOBIT Smart RAM says the CPU usage is This is very bad I think

A:Windows 7 - Working fine and slowed down....

Work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/238020-windows-7-working-fine-slowed-down.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I ve / suddenly stopped down slowed Connection working got a Connection suddenly slowed down / stopped working problem on my thinkpad which I ve never encountered before Last night my internet connection worked fine dsl wireless router This morning Connection suddenly slowed down / stopped working I brought it to work and tried to use it here and it s very slow and when it DOES work I have to refresh the page several times or else I get the quot page cannot be displayed quot message in Chrome I figured it was the internet at Connection suddenly slowed down / stopped working the office so I brought it home and it s doing the same thing So I ve isolated the problem to just this computer All other computers on my home network and office network are not experiencing this problem I ve tried ipconfig release amp renew flushdns all to no avail I am able to ping google com for instance I was also able to ping my router at home What else should I try to fix this It s driving me mad Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Computer has slowed down significantly. And my taskmanager would not load due to viruses preventing it from loading. please help me thanks

A:Computer slowed down significantly, task manager not working

I also think i have a lot of infected files as when i type inf about virus affected files and folders in the run box, there are 1209 infected files that pop up.

My windows folder is unusually large as well-13.7GB

DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_23
Run by john at 14:13:47 on 2011-10-28
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.2046.1261 [GMT 11:00]
AV: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security *Enabled/Updated* {68F968AC-2AA0-091D-848C-803E83E35902}
SP: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security *Enabled/Updated* {D3988948-0C9A-0693-BE3C-BB4CF86413BF}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP\coreServiceShell.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\UniClient\UiFrmWrk\uiWatchDog.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AMSP\coreFrameworkHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\DeviceVM\Browser Configuration Utility\BCUService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\BingBar\SeaPort.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcWnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\DeviceVM\Browser Configuration Utility\BCU.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\ControlCenter3\brccMCtl.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\Brother\Brmfcmon\BrMfcmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\MPlatform\NokiaMServer.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\UniClient\UiFrmWrk\uiSeAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Users\john\Downloads\utorrent(2).exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Ovi Suite\NokiaOviSuite.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k WerSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\Transports\NclUSBSrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uStart Page = hxxp://au.yahoo.com/
mDefault_Page_URL = hxxp://au.yahoo.com
mStart Page = hxxp://au.yahoo.com
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = <local>;*.local
uURLSearchHooks: SearchHook Class: {bc86e1ab-eda5-4059-938f-ce307b0c6f0a} - c:\program files\devicevm\browser configuration utility\AddressBarSearch.dll
BHO... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/computer-slowed-down-significantly-task-manager-not-working-608934.html
Relevancy 48.16%

As stated in the title I have issues with Google redirect and computer speed Another problem I have is that rkiller and GMER are not working properly I ll explain rkiller - It starts its processes but it doesn t do anything The little screen doesn t even show up most of the time All it manages to do is make the CPU Usage a constant It worked yesterday GMER - It starts its process but is immediately stopped after about seconds of me clicking rkiller computer. Google down slowed (GMER and redirect not working) and the Run button An error sometimes pops up saying In exact words -----LoadDriver quot C DOCUME CHRILD LOCALS Temp fxddrpoc sys quot error xC E Cannot create a stable subkey under a volatile parent key -----One last thing before I post my DDS I know think it s not an issue with my files and etc b c MBAM didn t pick up anything dds txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORKInternet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Chrildren at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Disabled Outdated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Google redirect and slowed down computer. (GMER and rkiller not working) Disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www dell me com mywayuDefault Page URL hxxp www dell me com mywaymStart Page hxxp www dell me com mywayBHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO Symantec NCO BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dllBHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c program files norton engine IPSBHO DLLBHO Skype Plug-In ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllTB Norton Toolbar febefe - b - - d -ffb d b ca - c program files norton engine coIEPlg dllEB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dlluRun DellSupport quot c program files dellsupport DSAgnt exe quot startupuRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimeuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun Pando Media Booster c program files pando networks media booster PMB exemRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exemRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRun IntelMeM c program files intel modem event monitor IntelMEM exemRun DVDLauncher quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd DVDLauncher exe quot mRun UpdateManager quot c program files common files sonic update manager sgtray exe quot rmRun dla c windows system dla tfswctrl exemRun DMXLauncher c program files dell media experience DMXLauncher exemRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exemRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exemRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exemRun DLBTCATS rundll c windows system spool drivers w x DLBTtime dll RunDLLEntry mRun MimBoot c progra musicm musicm mimboot exemRun TkBellExe quot c program files common files real update ob realsched exe quot -osbootmRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun dsca... Read more

A:Google redirect and slowed down computer. (GMER and rkiller not working)

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426988/google-redirect-and-slowed-down-computer-gmer-and-rkiller-not-working/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I have formated my disk today for the first time in years the one with the OS on with intention to speed it up a bit Ive had it quot unprotected quot for like hours no antivirus installed no firewalls and apparently thats all the time a worm needs Infection came to my attention when http puppyboyz com surfers hot html started popping up and internet connection slowed down I havent been surfing any sites prior to infection Interesting I cant update my Symanted Antivirus worm virus apparently wouldnt let me apparently it wouldnt let me install ad-aware either wurgar exe Winregs exe svxhost sv st - help! Please Infected instantly exe soundblaster exe are some of the files trying to access internet I believe they are all worms therefore I have restricted their access to internet using ZoneAlarm Using Win XP cable connection Zone Alarm Symantec Antivirus with virus definitions from Feb as never wouldnt download and install I would greatly appreciate if Infected instantly - Please help! somebody could help me with my issue as I need my PC asap for work Thanks ----------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v ----------------------------- Scan saved Infected instantly - Please help! at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS Infected instantly - Please help! system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS System CBA pds exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System svxhost exe C WINDOWS System wurguar exe C WINDOWS System Winregs exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System svh st exe C WINDOWS System soundblaster exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C HJT HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - Z Programi SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SVX Control Service svxhost exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Update Machine Winregs exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Windows Securety wurguar exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Microsoft Help svh st exe O - HKLM Run Micr Update soundblaster exe O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot Z Programs D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM RunServices SVX Control Service svxhost exe O - HKLM RunServices Microsoft Update Machine Winregs exe O - HKLM RunServices Microsoft Windows Securety wurguar exe O - HKLM RunServices Microsoft Help svh st exe O - HKLM RunServices Micr Update soundblaster exe O - HKLM RunOnce SVX Control Service svxhost exe O - HKLM RunOnce Microsoft Windows Securety wurguar exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SVX Control Service svxhost exe O - HKCU Run Microsoft Update Machine Winregs exe O - HKCU Run Microsoft Windows Securety wurguar exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run Micr Update soundblaster exe O - HKCU RunOnce SVX Control Service svxhost exe O - HKCU RunOnce Microsoft Windows Securety wurguar exe O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm O - DPF B E - ECB- DA- C A- F A FF MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class - http messenger msn com download Ms Downloader cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip AD E-D - D C-B BE- FD E A NameServer

A:Infected instantly - Please help!

OK, Ive managed to install Ad-Aware SE afterall. After having it delete some things, heres the new HJT log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 3:30:28, on 6.10.2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\DefWatch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CBA\pds.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\Rtvscan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svxhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wurguar.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Winregs32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svh0st.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\soundblaster.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - Z:\Programi\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SVX Control Service] svxhost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Update Machine] Winregs32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows Securety] wurguar.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Help] svh0st.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Micr Update] soundblaster.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "Z:\Programs\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANT~1\VPTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SVX Control Service] svxhost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Update Machine] Winregs32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Windows Securety] wurguar.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Microsoft Help] svh0st.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Micr Update] soundblaster.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SVX Control Service] svxhost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Microsoft Windows Securety] wurguar.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SVX Control Service] svxhost.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Update Machine] Winregs32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Windows Securety] wurguar.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Micr Update] soundblaster.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [SVX Control Service] svxhost.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Microsoft Windows Securety] wurguar.exe
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2...ll/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/Ms...Downloader.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{796AD86E-D929-4D0C-B8BE-05FD183E3A42}: NameServer = ***.***.**.**,***.***.**.**

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/infected-instantly-please-help-18263.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Sorry if this isnt the place to post this but i dont know where. Ok I went Start>Run and typed cmd. But then this appears

C:/WINDOWS/system32/cmd.com
C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application.

I downloaed this quick fix thing and then cmd opens but i cant type anything or see anything. Really need help. Please and thanks! :(

--------------------
Hi, When i go to Start then Run, and type cmd, it instantly closes. Why is that? Same goes for regedit. Please help me. :(

--------------------
Also it closes instantly in safe mode on the admin account only. On the regualr account the one i am on now, it opens but cannot see or type anything. Help please :(

A:CMD closes instantly

It appears you have some sort of malware on your system that is blocking the Command Prompt and Registry Editor from opening.

As the experts say, please post a HijackThis log in this forum; read this first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cmd-closes-instantly-111939.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I know you can go into the task manager and end a process, but is there a shortcut key like Alt+F4 to instantly end a process? Is there a way to hack windows to make this possible?

A:How do I instantly end a process?

To immediately end a process? sorry but i don't think it's possible in the way you're thinking. The main thing to work out is how the pc would work out what the process is... Can i ask why you need to?

As for Alt+F4 what's the problem with it?

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-instantly-end-a-process-272479.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I want to know if there is any progam out there that fits on a 3.5 floppy disk that I can get that would instantly format my drive C on restart? Please let me know how to do this. Thanks. Basically I want to end up with a hard drive with no OS installed on it.

A:Format a PC instantly?

"Basically I want to end up with a hard drive with no OS installed on it."
The easiest way to do this is to put your Windows XP cd in and let it go through the setup process. When you get to the option to 'delete' the partition do so and then eject the XP cd and shut down the pc without formatting or reinstalling Windows. You will then have a hard drive with no OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/format-a-pc-instantly.620942/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have accidently saved a PNG file as a different type using a program called Paint.Net (the site has the same name). I was saving the file that i had spent 1 hour on only to find taht it saves the file as .1 file type instead of .PNG because i sued the name "Tech1.1" for my file. Is there any way i can change this back? i ahve tried opening it with notepad and saving as .PNG but to no avail

A:Help needed instantly

Did you actually save the image as a .png

even with tech1.1 it should still be a png file.

Right click the file and goto properties, what does it say for file type?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-needed-instantly-514030.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello All Since yesterday my computer has been slow and IE unable to start up It shuts down as soon as I open it and gives a generic error message The only way to keep it open which is what I had to do so I could post this message is to run CC Cleaner and CleanUp and I have to do this every single time I start up the machine I followed all the steps for before posting a HijackThis Log ran all the programs installed the firewall Ie Down Shutting Instantly etc The only thing I couldn't do was run SpyBot because the program just won't open After Ie Shutting Down Instantly running all the programs and killing the infections found by Adware and HouseCall the speed of the computer and the browser is back to normal though And oh Hijack This wouldn't open either until I changed its name to my name found this trick while Ie Shutting Down Instantly surfing these forums I hope I've done everything right so far I would really appreciate any help in dealing with this Here's the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exec Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Vineeta exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run googletalk C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe autostartO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startguiO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHookO - S- - - Startup Compaq Organize lnk User 'SYSTEM' O - S- - - Startup mod sm lnk C hp bin cloaker exe User 'SYSTEM' O - S- - - Startup spamsubtract lnk C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSubtract exe User 'SYSTEM' O - DEFAULT Startup Compaq Organize lnk User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT Startup mod sm lnk C hp bin cloaker exe User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT Startup spamsubtract lnk C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSubtract exe User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT User Startup Compaq Organize lnk User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT User Startup mod sm lnk C hp bin cloaker exe User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT User Startup spamsubtract lnk C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSubtract exe User 'Default user' O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Trusted Zone www gmail comO - Trusted Zone www hotmail comO - DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A Trend Micro ActiveX Scan Agent - http prerelease trendmicro-europe com ho ivex hcImpl cabO - DPF B - - - A - A DE AD Snapfish Activia - http www snapfish com SnapfishActivia cabO - DPF EC A B-E C- FBE-B C - FBF - http supportcenter verizon net euserv jsp VOLAWeb cabO - DPF DABFBF-D AB- FA- C -CC F - http go divx com plugin DivXBrowserPlugin cabO - AppInit DLLs C WINDOWS system cru datO - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeO - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeO - Service Symantec Password Validation Service ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - c Program Files Comm... Read more

A:Ie Shutting Down Instantly

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short) and I will be helping you with your log.I will need some time to look over your computer's log(s). I am still in training, so my responses to you must be checked by a coach.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here. Please take note of a few guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it may not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.With Regards,The PandaImportant Note to Other Users Reading this Topic: The instructions provided in this topic are for the original topic starter only. Even if you have similar problems or log entries to those given here, please do not follow the directions, especially those involving specific tools and scripts. Doing so can result in serious damage to your computer. Instead, please start your own topic. Feel free to link to any relevant topics as needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170253/ie-shutting-down-instantly/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello everyone,

Here is the issue. For sometime now my PC has been powering off for no apparent reason. My first thought was that the power supply was shorting and my next guess was to see if the CPU was over heating. Here was my troubleshooting process:

Removed CPU and fan
Turned on PC

After turning the PC on the power supply remained on and did not shut off as usual. So that lead me to believe that the Fan/CPU was overheating or burnt out. I replace both the CPU and Fan. However, this has not fixed anything and I am still have this problem. If anyone gives me a suggestion that works I will truly be amazed at this point.

Thanks

A:PC Powering off instantly

You still have not ruled out the power supply as the problem.
Only way I know to rule out the power supply is replace it or checck the all the outputs for the correct voltage/ampereage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-powering-off-instantly.854344/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi Evry 1 again, i cant find my other post =/ i want to say about it thath is solved, no more BSOD.
but now i got other problem -.-
When i try to listen to music watch videos of any kind or playng games my PC just stop nothing responds for like 5 minutes, then it come back to normal and if i dont close the videos or games it happens again and again, wat can be this?

A:Pc Freezes Instantly

That generally means you have a program or service conflict. Follow the instructions for How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista or Windows 7 to determine what software or service is causing problems.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-freezes-instantly-674091.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have had some virus problems on XP. Now if i log in, i instantly get logged out.
Right now i am running linux, and have full access to my windows files.

Anyone have any way to help?

A:Can't log in, loggs out instantly

Do you have an XP CD that is the same version as the one you have installed? If you do, you can run an "inplace upgrade", or "repair installation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-log-in-loggs-out-instantly.804885/
Relevancy 39.13%

When I try to open the internet using ie7 it exits within 1sec. I can see the home page appear but it closes instantly.

A:IE7 exits instantly

and welcome to the Forum

Try starting IE with no addins. . .

Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ie7-exits-instantly-405652.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?
x64
- the original installed OS on the system?
No
- an OEM or full retail version?
Full retail
- OEM = came pre-installed on system
- Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer

- What is the age of system (hardware)?
Two years just about.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?)
Ah...about a month? Between 0 and 2 months, for sure.

A:Computer instantly shut off mid-use.

Quote: Originally Posted by Twilit Soul

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?
x64
- the original installed OS on the system?
No
- an OEM or full retail version?
Full retail

- What is the age of system (hardware)?
Two years just about.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?)
Ah...about a month? Between 0 and 2 months, for sure.

These were probably caused by your rfcomm.sys bluetooth driver. Re-install with newest version to test.

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\050711-18595-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a0d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c52e90
Debug session time: Sat May 7 16:31:28.377 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 21:03:13.140
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, 0, fffff88002fe7428, fffff88002fe6c80}

Probably caused by : rfcomm.sys ( rfcomm!RefObj_ReleaseEx+14a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Old drivers needing updating

Code:
CtClsFlt.sys 3/11/2009 11:47:44 PM fffff880`024d5080 0x0002a080 0x49b885e0 fffff880`024ab000
netw5v64.sys 3/26/2009 12:21:24 PM fffff880`04db5000 0x0053b000 0x49cbab84 fffff880`0487a000
k57nd60a.sys 4/26/2009 07:23:05 AM fffff880`04dfd000 0x00048000 0x49f44419 fffff880`04db5000
spldr.sys 5/11/2009 12:56:27 PM fffff880`018f4000 0x00008000 0x4a0858bb fffff880`018ec000
GEARAspiWDM.sys 5/18/2009 08:17:04 AM fffff880`03d2f000 0x0000d000 0x4a1151c0 fffff880`03d22000
btwrchid.sys 6/25/2009 01:51:37 AM fffff880`06359880 0x00003880 0x4a431069 fffff880`06356000
rimspx64.sys 6/25/2009 03:13:43 AM fffff880`03c9e000 0x00017000 0x4a4323a7 fffff880`03c87000
rixdpx64.sys 6/25/2009 03:38:50 AM fffff880`03cf5000 0x00057000 0x4a43298a fffff880`03c9e000
rimmpx64.sys 6/25/2009 04:04:18 AM fffff880`04874000 0x00016000 0x4a432f82 fffff880`0485e000
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with q... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161839-computer-instantly-shut-off-mid-use.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Today I awoke to the sound of the CPU temp warning beeps from my PC The CPU blue - the CPU instantly out overheating of has not overheated since I replaced the stock heat sink with an oversized copper core heat sink tower over a year ago The CPU usually runs at abut F but is triggering the alarm CPU overheating instantly - out of the blue at F The fan on the heatsink is working although the bios shows no RPM speed for the fan I m not sure it ever showed this I ve changed nothing to cause CPU overheating instantly - out of the blue this problem - the environment is not hot no CPU intensive applications running the heatsink feels cool but the CPU area does feel hot plenty of case fans with no other signs of excessive heat Can the thermal paste break-down over time Because of space limitations it was next to impossible to install the heat sink tower - getting it to snap into place was very difficult and I don t look forward to doing it again to replace the thermal paste unless I have to if that s necessary It is unusable right now due to the fast overheating Is there a simple reason for this that I m overlooking nbsp

A:CPU overheating instantly - out of the blue

Yes some thermal paste does dry out, but your enemy may be dust at this point. Buy a can of air and blow the heatsink clean. Dumb question but I'm gonna ask anyway, is your processor heatsink fan spinning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overheating-instantly-out-of-the-blue.90664/
Relevancy 38.7%

Recently my laptop has been instantly powering off. This happens even while plugged in and with a full battery. In order for me to power it back on, I have to unplug the power supply AND remove the battery and put it back in. Not sure exactly what is causing this, but I don't believe it is heat.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi Whenever I try to load certain programs the window will open but upon clicking on it anywhere they will close No error message is given The programs I have tried are Windows Live Messenger iTunes and Windows Media Player The problem continues when I try to load Instantly? Closing Programs any Programs Closing Instantly? quot social quot websites such as Last FM Facebook and MySpace causing Internet Explorer to close instantly I ran a Windows OneCare virus scan last night and it found stopped and removed one potential criminal However the problem persists I think this is virus related as for a short while last night our wireless NetGear was changed to open i e anyone could connect This is substantiated by the fact the same problems are occuring on my laptop Before it was changed the applications were working fine Below is HijackThis report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C WINDOWS System LVComS exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin m SrchMn exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ingstedos exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files PPLive PPVA PPLiveVA exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WG v exe C Program Files Omega Research Program orschd exe C Program Files CR hydarcgra exe C Program Files CR twamsgarc exe C Program Files CR sencer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live WinSSUI exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries u en default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http aol co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Ex... Read more

A:Programs Closing Instantly?

Bump, please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-closing-instantly.917624/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello I am having a problem I downloaded Vista beta RC burned it on a dvd and booted from it When It was installing it it suddenly restarted my computer Then it goes in like a safe mod thing and asks me to go to an early version of vista XP or vista I pick vista and tells me a file is missing I then decided not to install vista and wait for the release I then go to earlier version XP I log on and then go to my D Drive and see files from vista but cannot open any cause I cannot go in visat and think I didnt even finish instalation I then format my D drive thinking it will remove vista It removes everything but everytime i restart it asks me which version to pick to log on too Vista or XP What I want to know is how can I remove that I want my computer to just log on XP not vista Thats why it gives XP on problem(want to log instantly) Vista me that error but it gave me error during insttalation too So is there a way to make my computer just log on vista and not pick which one because vista dont even work Thanks I think this should be in XP forum if so you can move it Thank you

A:Vista problem(want to log on XP instantly)

well, let me 1st try to understand what you are saying. you tried to install vista, but it didn't completely install, so you want to be able to go back to just booting from xp like your computer used to. but when you boot your computer you get a menu asking you what you want, vista or xp, and you would like that menu to go away, and just have the computer boot straight to xp. am i correct? if so, then i need you to boot into xp, after selecting it from that menu. once its booted, and you are logged into your admin account on xp, click on the start menu, and click "run". a little window should open. type "msconfig" (without the quotes) and click the "run" button. a window will pop up with taps at the top. click on the tab "boot.ini". now find the "print screen" key on your keyboard and push it once. open the "paint" program, and goto the menu "edit>paste". you now have a screenshot of what was on your screen. cut the screenshot down to just the window that shows your boot.ini i told you how to get and save it as a jpg file and include it in a post here. once i see that, i will be able to tell you what to do to edit your menu so that your computer will just boot to xp. what ever you do, be careful while in the "msconfig". one wrong move, and you can wipe out your install of xp so that you have to reinstall xp to get your computer to work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-problem-want-to-log-on-xp-instantly-126980.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I was playing a game on my laptop when all of the sudden my laptop shuts off instantly. This has happened to me twice in the past week and I don't know why it does this. Can anyone explain me why this is happening? My laptop is an HP Envy Dv7-7223cl with Windows 7 Ultimate.

A:Laptop keeps shutting off instantly, don't know why :(

It's probably over heating and shutting down to prevent component damage. You can install a program like Download SpeedFan - MajorGeeks to monitor the temps and see what they are.

Is the fan running?
Have you ever tried cleaning out the air vents using a can of compressed air?

Unless you are comfortable disassembling a laptop to do a thorough clean and probably replace the thermal paste between the heat sink and the CPU you may need to take it to a reputable computer repair shop.

Check temps and report back first though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/331160-laptop-keeps-shutting-off-instantly-dont-know-why.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Is is possible to enter data in say cell A1 and then whatever is inputted in A1 is also placed in E1?

Thanks!!!

A:Can one cell be instantly copied to another?

You haven't said what the purpose is, but the easiest way is to just enter the very basic formula =A1 in cell E1.

As you enter data in A1 and update the cell contents, E1 will automatically be updated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/180890-can-one-cell-instantly-copied-another.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Product Name HP pavillion dv - dx Operating System Microsoft Windows -bit Greetings I have had my dv - dx for many many years instantly dv7 up HP shuts power off after and my battery doesnt hold a charge because I never took it out when plugged in I never unplugged it i used it like a desktop My problem though is that when I power on my laptop it instantly shuts off before anything can even appear on the screen My charger is working because there is a light on the HP dv7 shuts off instantly after power up laptop that turns on when the power cable is in and when its off and plugged in the lighting bolt charging light blinks My laptop is cool and not hot because I havent been able to turn it on in a week I did try HP dv7 shuts off instantly after power up unplug and drain the battery by holding for secs but still shuts off instantly normally i can still run my laptop plugged in with no battery but now I cant turn it on One thing i noticed different is when I plug in my power cable the light turns on then turns off then turns back on and stays on when my laptop shuts off the charge light shuts off then comes back on I also bought a new charger but for some reason when I plug it in the light turn on then turns off and stays OFF so strange any idea what it could be

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402250-hp-dv7-shuts-off-instantly-after-power-up.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Just lately I have been working on Illustrator 10 and now I cannot open my artwork. Program loads up then it instantly shuts down. Same thing happens to Spybot and AVG so I don't have a chance in removing any viruses. I have other programs such as Photoshop and that seems to be fine, I can work on that. But I have a job due this week and I need to fix it. How do I go about doing this? I may have alot of virus. I ran stinger last night and it scanned it for hours and then shut down. I tried to remove AVG or Spybot and then reload them but it wouldn't let me remove the programs in control panel. PLease help me.
Thank you

A:Some Of My Programs Shut Down Instantly, Why Is That?

Have you tried to run the apps in Safe ModeHow to start Windows in Safe Mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71686/some-of-my-programs-shut-down-instantly-why-is-that/
Relevancy 38.7%

Reposted in the correct forum Apologies Hi Whenever I try to load certain programs the window will open but upon clicking on it anywhere they will close No error message is given The programs I have tried are Windows Live Messenger iTunes and Windows Media Player The problem continues when I try to load any quot social quot websites such as Last FM Facebook and MySpace causing Internet Explorer to close instantly I ran a Windows OneCare virus scan last night and it found stopped and removed one potential criminal However the problem persists I think this is virus related as for a short while last night our wireless NetGear was changed to open i e anyone could connect This is substantiated by the fact the same problems are occuring on my laptop Before it was changed the problem was non-existant Below is HijackThis report Logfile of Trend Micro Applications Closing Instantly HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe Applications Closing Instantly C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C WINDOWS System LVComS exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe Applications Closing Instantly C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Applications Closing Instantly PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin m SrchMn exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ingstedos exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files PPLive PPVA PPLiveVA exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WG v exe C Program Files Omega Research Program orschd exe C Program Files CR hydarcgra exe C Program Files CR twamsgarc exe C Program Files CR sencer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live WinSSUI exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries uk enu gen default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http aol co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com... Read more

Relevancy 38.7%

Working on Powers Vista Instantly Off a year old Acer Travelmate loaded with Vista Business version build sp Vista Powers Off Instantly intel core duo CPU ghz gb ram -bit Recently compromised security left the laptop in a virtually unusable state resulting in the Vista Powers Off Instantly infamous BlSOD black screen w mouse unresponsive The attack was so brutal the laptop so virus-laden the isp threatened to permanently disable the owner's internet connection It may be important to note that at some point during this period of viral activity several attempts by autoupdate to install critical updates including sp failed The failed components cannot be uninstalled or at least cannot be removed Vista Powers Off Instantly by any methods which I have tried other than a clean install more on that later I was able to work through the BlSOD problem and boot the computer into Vista however the computer now inexplicably and unpredictably shuts off hard No warning no apparent initiating cause It would initially occur anywhere from min of use to after several hours Now it is far more frequent occuring any time after post and sometimes it appears to be happening during or even prior to post I know that's not good Sounds like a corrupt BIOS or a hardware problem right Here's the real mind when I was unable to correct this issue I reinstalled vista Problem solved At least until the contents of the primary drive were dumped back onto the new primary Due to the unstable state of the computer a true backup was impossible at least for me No backup programs would run in safemode and the problem occurs even in safe-mode at any rate although it takes quite a bit longer before it does All I could manage was a boot into linux which does not suffer from the problem at all incidentally where still I could not get the backup programs to complete progress Thus I robocopied C and hoped for the best When this was then dumped back onto the newly formatted clean install several days later the problem recurred though I cannot be certain whether it may have been due to autoupdate again failing to upgrade to sp as I foolishly neglected to turn autoupdate off and sp coincidentally failed to install again around this same time In all actuality I feel that this is the real culprit behind the whole conundrum corrupted vista sp install I have tried too many things to list however - - sfc scannow found problems which it is unable or maybe just unwilling to fix - startup repair found no problems in either version - checkdisk reported no problems - installing a new hard-drive failed to fix the problem - memtest found no errors nor did the windows memory diagnostic test - several cpu motherboard stress tests reported no problems - i've reseated the memory and hard-drive and tried downclocking the cpu just for kicks - the battery holds a solid charge and the power-cord checks out with an ohmmeter - i've successfully flashed the bios - none of windows' mr fixit utilities have had any effect though as I recall some claimed to have addressed some problems allegedly - there is no apparent record of the issue in any of the logs at least none that I am able to ascertain comprehend including cbs log and windows event viewer - manually installing the sp standalone fails as does the update readiness utility - the system does run hot but not hot enough to cause these symptoms and the fan is functioning - adding a cooling pad does not forestall or even delay the problem gosh i'm not sure what i've forgotten to mention but i guarantee there's a slew of other failed fixes i've run through I would be willing to reseat the heatsink fan assembly if i had any confidence that this would help - but I don't That is I'm fairly confident that this is not a hardware issue unless the lcd connection to the motherboard has come loose or some equally arcane issue has arisen The only areas I feel might honestly be worth a second look are those starred above What else this is a legit version of vis... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339036/vista-powers-off-instantly/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey,
i am running windows 7 ultimate. my internet explorer 8 was automaticly installed when i installed windows 7 ultimate, it used to work fine but now it crashes immediatly after launching i have ran ie8 with no add-ons but it still crashes. i have uninstalled and re-installed numerous times and it still crashes. i have ran a virus/malware/spyware full system scan with microsoft security essientials but no viruses ect. were found. i have read over other forum posts and found nothing helpfull. i need help asap please
steve.

A:IE8 crash instantly after launch

Hi -

Is there any error message when it crashes? Or does it -
- the background fades to white
- small spinning blue circle
- "Not Responding..." - top-right of screen

Do you have an Internet Security product installed, e.g., NIS, KIS, N360, McAfee, etc...?

Check Problem Reports for additional details -
START | type View all | select View all problem reports

Check the entries under Internet Explorer - 2x-click on a line item for additional information on each crash.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/51433-ie8-crash-instantly-after-launch.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Dear Experts,
I have XPS L502X series laptop. It have a strange problem. It doesn't starts in normal way.
1) First plug the AC adopter with battery connected and leave it for some time.
2) Now remove the adopter and then try to start laptop with only battery connected. It starts.
Some time it took so long to start with this technique.
Some time laptop will never starts may for 2 to 3 days. Then automatically starts with above method.
I went to local service provider but he is not able to solve this problem.
After research i came to know that, there is a charging circuit available on mother board.
This may leaks and create a problem.
Can any one helps me on it?

A:My laptop is not start instantly

I'd suggest you run diagnostic tool on the system. The tool will scan for any possible hardware issues that might be causing problems for your computer.
1. Power off computer. Please keep AC adapter connected and battery install.
2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F12 continuously. You should be in diagnostic screen. After quick tests, run full tests as well. Report back any error codes.
 youtu.be/WDpvQ3qwy1c 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989318
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello A while ago my laptop shut down while I was in the middle of playing a game on it I thought it was just a crash so I started it up again and ignored it but just recently it crashed again while playing the same game I'm uncertain if it is Laptop down while use in instantly shuts the game because I've played it for combined hours before and only today it started doing this What happens is I'm using the laptop basically and Laptop shuts down instantly while in use then it just shuts off instantly There's no BSOD or crash error message it just instantly shuts off to a black screen When I turn it Laptop shuts down instantly while in use back on there's no errors or anything and it loads just fine I looked up the recent unexpected shutdowns and it actually shows rather than Now that I've looked at it I do remember that something had froze and task manager was refusing to open I tried to go to the registry editor but that also refused to open but other programs opened fine I then decided to restart it to see if that was the issue I shut it down and it did everything fine but when it went to a black screen and when the laptop usually goes off I could still hear the fan and the noises from it I left it for quite a while and it still didn't shut off so I held the power button and it went off After that I have been using it fine other than these instant shutdowns Now I am wondering if what I did before is causing it Or what could be the issue My Computer Specs Windows Intel Core i - U CPU GHz GHz GB RAM Unexpected shutdowns were at PM PM PM I'm not sure if you need more info but if so I can gladly give it Thanks very much for any help in advance

A:Laptop shuts down instantly while in use

Hi,
My first [only] guess is that you have a heat problem. If not the CPU then the GPU. If you re able I would open the case and make sure that all of the vents are clear and clean. I would also seriously consider getting a cooling pad of some description to assist in keeping temperatures down

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565161/laptop-shuts-down-instantly-while-in-use/
Relevancy 38.7%

I was given a gateway mx8741 pretty much unused, however when turning it on an error message appears "Windows error recovery". No matter which option I choose it doesn't load. It sometimes go to a startup repair screen and not find a problem, however clicking finish turns off the laptop. I want to rest everything to get it back to factory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-instantly-restarts.1158575/
Relevancy 38.7%

I ll be doing stuff online web browsing MMO etc My connection dying instantly. keeps and my connection will die Instantly Being instant is really weird Normally when you lose connection to the net it takes at least a few seconds with things trying to get through like a webpage will sit loading for a bit and and then display the error But it s just an instant drop on my connection Everything Trillian etc just disconnects me instantly at the same time and I d have been using it seconds ago I can instantly reconnect too I also play My connection keeps dying instantly. MUDs and here s the error I happen to get The quot The Dragonball quot server has closed the connection Unable to connect to quot The Dragonball quot code Network is unreachable Now that connection was to a local machine here on the network It was resolved via a domain though What could be happening here This happens at My connection keeps dying instantly. least a few times a day I m connected to my router via ethernet I don t think anyone else on the network who are wireless has this happen so it seem to be a problem with the computer and not the router nbsp

A:My connection keeps dying instantly.

Likely a defective router port, cable or NIC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-connection-keeps-dying-instantly.1008954/
Relevancy 38.7%

I have xp prof and when i log on it instantly logs off. I heard there is a program that you can put into the startup list that will do that. I think one of my friends did it while i was afk. I would appreciate any help fixing this. Thank You

Relevancy 38.7%

On wxp, when I type ipconfig, it displays, but instantly closes, so that it is impossible to see what it says. It used to work properly.

Thank you for your help.

Bill

A:ipconfig (WXP) instantly closes

Bill,
are you running it from the start>run box or from a command window (start>run>cmd then typing in ipconfig)?
Cheers,
10forcash

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipconfig-wxp-instantly-closes.274270/
Relevancy 38.7%

I just got a new computer and Microsoft Edge closes as soon as I open it. I tried to click on the ... in the corner to change the settings but it closes to fast for me to do anything else. Since it is a brand new computer, I haven't been able to download
any other internet sources onto the computer. Any suggestions?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/651f1b3a-86c7-45d4-b292-aa9502129766/edge-closes-instantly?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 38.7%

Howdy all. I have a customers PC in for repair, and everytime I shut it down it will instantly go to POST and start up again. I have swapped the mainboard and PSU but the fault is still there.

Does anyone have any idea on fixing this fault?

Thanks in advance. :)

A:PC instantly restarts itself after being shutdown.

Check the BIOS for power on after power fail and disable it.
Also chek for any wake on lan and keyboard power on settings
and disable them.

If the computer is running a PCI video card and the motherboard
AGP GART drivers are installed,it can cause a restart signal to be
sent,rather than terminate,causing the computer to restart.
To correct this,go to the device manager under system devices
and disable the PCI to AGP bridge.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-instantly-restarts-itself-after-being-shutdown-75366.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi everyone everytime i open an application like excell outlook or threatfire they flash on the screen then close instantly this is happening with most apps but not all to add my system is very slow i thought it could be a memory problem so i swapped this but still havbe the same problem my paging file is set at g and i have g memory I reacently had a virus that i removed with avg but still i get the same problem also just incase this is relevant i reacently attempted to remove sql server from my machine ande couldn't complete the system crashed mid way help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes F WINDOWS System smss exe F WINDOWS system csrss exe F WINDOWS system winlogon exe F WINDOWS system services exe F WINDOWS system lsass exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F instantly applications them closing by self WINDOWS system svchost exe F WINDOWS system spoolsv exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe F Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe F WINDOWS System alg exe F WINDOWS Explorer EXE F WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAIE EXE F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe F WINDOWS System svchost exe F Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe F Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe F PROGRA Grisoft applications closing instantly by them self AVG avginet exe F Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe F WINDOWS system mmc exe F Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe F WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - F Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - F PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - DF- BAE- C-A - DF - F WINDOWS system nnnnMfdC dll file missing O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - F Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - F Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - D - B - B A-A B-C DF A B A - F WINDOWS system urqrSiiI dll file missing O - BHO no name - A D - - - B - C A E C - F WINDOWS system ljJYOhEW dll file missing O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - F Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - f program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - F Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - F Program Files Free Download Manager iefdm dll O - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - F Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - f program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - F Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series F WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAIE EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo R Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC F PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run ThreatFire F Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe O - HKLM Run af rundll exe quot F WINDOWS system ngjjutjl dll quot b O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot F Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run MSConfig F WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run swg F Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe F WINDO... Read more

A:applications closing instantly by them self

Hi, welcome to tsf!

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running combofix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix
Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Please continue as follows:Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Please include the following reports for further review, and so we may continue cleansing the system:

C:\ComboFix.txt
C:\Qoobox\Add-Remove programs.txt
New HijackThis log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/applications-closing-instantly-by-them-self-279618.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I have windows xp home and recently for no apparent reason at all did not download me I off WinXP in? when to logs instantly try log any files or anything it has stopped letting me log on My PC boots then WinXP logs me off instantly when I try to log in? on the welcome screen I select user Whichever user I select the wallpaper flashes for one second then it goes back to the welcome screen saying quot Logging off quot and quot Saving you settings quot There is no way I can log in In safe mode it works fine I have tried everything to fix this The userinit exe wsaupdater exe solution does NOT work I have also disabled all programs on startup via msconfig and the same WinXP logs me off instantly when I try to log in? thing still happens I also tried bypassing the logon screen by running quot control userpasswords quot and unchecking quot Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer quot and unchecking quot use the WinXP logs me off instantly when I try to log in? welcome screen quot in the user areas part of the control panel This ended up with the PC getting stuck in an endless loop of logging itself on and off again and i had to turn off the power Ypu see I have tried pretty kuch every solution that is on the internet that I know of and nothing works Please someone help me here there is some important files on the PC i do not want to lose to reformatting nbsp

A:WinXP logs me off instantly when I try to log in?

Have you tried this:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
I wouod say if that refuses to run or complete, the drive is probably "toast"...one of the ways a dying drive shows that it has enough strength to boot into safe mode, but cannot make it up into Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-logs-me-off-instantly-when-i-try-to-log-in.521278/
Relevancy 38.7%

cmd prompt closing instantly when i go to run under the start menu. Anything that involves the command prompt closes instantly also. I'm not sure if i've changed anything lately. Thanks in advance.

A:cmd prompt closing instantly

Try typing in the full program name: cmd.exe If that works then you've probably got a virus, see: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/422940-backing-up-registry.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cmd-prompt-closing-instantly.426051/
Relevancy 38.7%

ok, ive heard nothing but great things about this forum and its experts so if you could help me that'd be great!

I had a virus a while back and i got rid but i dont think its completely gone, could even be spyware or something else. However, ive ran spybot and avg and windows defender, and get no results yet when i open IE7 it crashes instantly now :-(

I no for certain its a virus problem and not IE7 because it worked fine before i got this virus! Ive reinstalled it and everything, nothing fixes it :-(

I also get the odd popup, but at least its the same one everytime not millions of different ones!

If you could give me any help or tell me what to do next to solve this problem id be gr8ful!

Matthew

A:Trojan And Ie7 Crashes Instantly!

Can you be more specific on the pop up your getting? What does it say?Have you tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE"? Also download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home UsersIf you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.Then perform this online Virus scan: Trend Micro Housecall <- Use "Autoclean" and manually delete what it can't clean.[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]Post back if your still having problems afterwards.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74381/trojan-and-ie7-crashes-instantly/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello wave New to the forums signed up for this very reason For some reason my computer is not wanting to run most programs I try to start up I being instantly programs hanging after Most run. can run Photoshop Steam my browser Google Chrome Open Office and most games however trying to Most programs hanging instantly after being run. start up programs like Autodesk software Maya Mudbox etc UDK Editor Bitlord or anything else really does nothing It appears on Most programs hanging instantly after being run. my 'Running Processes' list but that is about it - does absolutely nothing After attempting to end the process from the Task Manager it sometimes disappears and sometimes doesn't Still will not run a second time Same problem after a reboot Sometimes the program abruptly launches about minutes later however it is instantly not responding and has to be force-closed Computer is only about years old Specs Intel Core - - CPU GHz RAM GB System type Windows -bit Other than that programs seem to be randomly bugging or disappearing or uninstalling themselves at times I've been told this is Virus work however Avast Antivirus hasn't picked up anything yet The only thing I can think of that might have changed was that I ran CCleaner a few days ago but I did so because of this problem Help would be much appreciated I am leaning towards a full reformat though it's a bit of a bother - -

A:Most programs hanging instantly after being run.

To help and make sure it's not infected with some other type of Malware, (other than a Virus), you might want to download, install, update and run Malwarebytes (Free Version).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531766/most-programs-hanging-instantly-after-being-run/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello

I got an intermittent problem where all my opened windows will be reduce instantly while I drag fast one of them across my screens

My system use 4 monitors driven by two Nvidia graphic card. I don't loss anything because my application are still running in background.

When the problem do occur, all I see is my desktop icon. I need to select every application to put them back on screen

Look like the graphic card can't be fast enough and it triggered to close all window.

Anyone has experience that?

Windows and graphic card drivers are updated.

Martin

A:All windows reduced instantly: What could cause that

Windows 7 has a feature (Aero Shake) that allows you to minimize all other windows if you take one and move it back and forth rapidly. Is that what is happening?

You can disable it by seeing this tutorial.

Aero Shake - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/324130-all-windows-reduced-instantly-what-could-cause.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi folks Been a while since I posted So long that I forgot my username and had to re-register Anyway this is what s happening to my turns off instantly on and Computer computer I press the power button turns on for a split second lights fans running but shuts off right after no system beep I searched the forums for this problem and found similar problems but not exactly the same as this If I keep pressing the power button it is likely to do the same thing but theres a Computer turns on and off instantly chance the system will boot as normal If I hold the power button the system will repeatedly turn on and off and eventually after a random number of tries the computer will boot up Once it boots the computer will run as smooth as ever and won t turn off by itself I m sure it s the PSU however I m hesitant to go out and buy a replacement because the current PSU is an Antec TruePower W I presume Antec is a very respectable brand correct me if I m wrong and it is still under their yr warranty period I did not expect this to break down before years time so I just want to make sure it really is the PSU before I buy a replacement Maybe I should try another brand I also checked Antec s warranty online and S H is not covered for warranties so I figured if the PSU is faulty it would be wiser to just buy a replacement TIA nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-and-off-instantly.701849/
Relevancy 38.7%

About 2 weeks ago I installed Real Rhapsody on my vista system here. Ever since then my AIM will frequently "go out" saying the connection failed and to check to make sure my internet connection is working properly. Since everything else web-related works just fine, I'm guessing the problem is either with AIM or Vista. If I reboot my system, it will work just fine for a while (a couple of hours) but then, for no apparent reason, just "break" again. I've done google searches, but I can't find anything that will fix it.

One suggestion is to try and run the "auto configure" to get access to a server. Well, when I run the AC it instantly succeeds! Yet, even after saving the settings (which actually didn't change, it just connected to the server that was in there), I try and connect, but it still wont.
Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aim-6-9-connection-instantly-fails.865562/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi Whenever I try to load certain programs the window will open but upon clicking on it anywhere they will close No error message is given The programs I have tried are Windows Closing Applications Instantly Live Messenger iTunes and Windows Applications Closing Instantly Media Player The problem continues when I try to load any quot social quot websites such as Last FM Facebook and MySpace causing Internet Explorer to close instantly I ran a Windows OneCare virus scan last night and it found stopped and removed one potential criminal However the problem persists I think this is virus related as for a short while last night our wireless NetGear was changed to 'open' i e anyone could connect This is substantiated by the fact the same problems are occuring on my laptop Before it was changed the problem was non-existant Below is HijackThis report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Antivirus MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live OcHealthMon exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live Firewall msfwsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winss exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live winssnotify exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C WINDOWS System LVComS exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin m SrchMn exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ingstedos exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files PPLive PPVA PPLiveVA exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WG v exe C Program Files Omega Research Program orschd exe C Program Files CR hydarcgra exe C Program Files CR twamsgarc exe C Program Files CR sencer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Windows OneCare Live WinSSUI exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries u en default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize yco search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize yco www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http aol co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet ... Read more

A:Applications Closing Instantly

Hi,

You might want to try the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum.
Make sure you follow THESE STEPS carefully before posting in the Security Forum.

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/applications-closing-instantly-477121.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello everyone!
so i am having a problem.
whenever i download anything, and i do mean ANYTHING, it saves to my downloads folder then gets deleted from my computer (not even moved to recycle bin, and my delete properties are set to move to recycle bin) after it gets scanned for viruses.
even pictures that are saved off of websites get deleted
does anyone know how to fix this?
I can download an fixes/software to fix this so I'm stuck.
please help me!
thanks a lot in advanced.

A:Downloads Cleared Instantly

Welcome
Sounds like malware trying to protect itself. Update your anti virus and make a full scan.
Then, I would suggest downloading Malwarebytes and making a full scan, but I know that you cant do that.
Try to install, its not a download, eset online anti virus.
Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET
Then make a full scan.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/298492-downloads-cleared-instantly.html
Relevancy 38.7%

my computer continually restarts until i give up and unplug it. It starts up fine then after about 20 seconds it just restarts. I had the problem before and found that after disabeling the wireless internet it worked. Now the wireless is enabled and the computer is not on long enough for me to disable it. Is there anything i can do?

Relevancy 38.7%

I'm running Windows XP Home right now and I restarted the computer and something strange happened. It restarts fine, no errors or anything but when it gets past the Windows loading screen (the bar underneath the logo is going back and forth) and then when it is supposed to load the desktop it stays black for a few seconds, and then restarts. I cant enter safe mode, I cant start up with the last known configuration, I can basically only mess with BIOS.

So please, if anyone knows how to remedy this problem, please reply, I need my computer to work.

A:XP loads and restarts instantly

What's your system like? Please post what you know about the hardware involved.

Have you flashed your BIOS recently?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-loads-and-restarts-instantly-28906.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have an hp pavillion G5232UK 450W p/s the fans start to spin and the ledís light up but instantly dies i had just installed a Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6850 series. I had disabled the onboard graphics before shutting it down plugged it in attempted to start it up and id doesnít work would appreciate any help, i think i need a new MOBO but would like advice before i but one.

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello all. First time on these forums. I've developed in an issue with downloading. I've tried downloading a multitude of files on chrome, firefox, and IE. Once the download is complete (if it even bothers to download instead of instantly finishing the download) I get the an error message that says "Windows cannot find C://etcetcetc, make sure you typed the name correctly and try again."

I haven't done anything out of the ordinary lately to cause an issue, so I'm at a loss on how to fix it. Really hope some one can shed some light on the situation.

A:Downloads instantly being deleted

It sounds like there is a firewall that's preventing access to temporary files or wherever the download is trying to be saved to. It could be your anti-virus program. Have you tried disabling it before you do a download?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298135-downloads-instantly-being-deleted.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Could someone help!

I am using an XP SP1 Box. Of late, my machine is instantly powered-off without a warning / alert. I have to unplug it from the wall outlet and put it on again to turn-on the computer.

Relevancy 38.7%

i have lenovo g550 laptop........for two days i didnt used it and kept it aside.........later when i tried to use it it didnt start i removed its battery and checked but nothin worked but after hour and half it started suddenly.......i used it then for abt 3 hous and it worked fine........the next day i had similar problem but this time it started bit quicker than before..... i offed and oned several times and it worked fine.....next day i had same problem again......is it a hardware problem or just moisture does it........ whats the remedy?

A:Laptop does not start instantly

Are you shutting it down, or putting it into sleep/hibernate?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-does-not-start-instantly.151382/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hii..i want to change my IP and i use this tool http://freeproxy.atspace.com
With this tool you can use no download needed,but someone know where i can get software so my IP can be changed to other private IP?

A:Web Proxy to change your IP instantly

you want to change your computers IP or external IP address?

Sorry little confused on what you want done.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-proxy-to-change-your-ip-instantly.614000/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello For business reasons I need to be able to videotape many people doing presentations Up to now I have a setup which includs a camcorder linked to a dvd burning instantly from webcam portable dvd player used as a video monitor linked to a DVD burner This rig allows me to be able to watch peoples presentations while filming and give them the DVD of their performance instantly after their presentation I would like to be able to reduce the quantity of material needed for this by using a webcam linked to my computer and instantly burn the footage to the DVD without having any data saved on my PC and not having to wait for it instantly burning dvd from webcam to burn Furthermore as the DVD is instantly burning dvd from webcam RW I can add subsequent footage easily I was not able to find a program that allows me to reproduce the result of my initial rig they all have instantly burning dvd from webcam distinct steps film then burn which means a considerable loss of time I do not wish to transfer files at all by using USB key or SD cards I wish to stay on DVD as this low level tech is easily accessible by my corporate clients and furthermore the DVDs are cheap Is there a program or solution out there that would allow me to do this Thank you nbsp

A:instantly burning dvd from webcam

Not that I'm aware. With a PC, you capture the video, then convert/burn as you noted. There isn't a way to burn on the fly that I've seen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/instantly-burning-dvd-from-webcam.1132626/
Relevancy 38.7%

hi everyone,as im not the most computer savvy i will try to fully explain my fault.what happens is my computer shuts down(no warning just turns off instantly) but will also restart straight away (with the option of safe mode etc) this fault will only happen when playing games ie modern warfare 2 the computer is 3 months old and has not been touched in any way,are there any programs out there which will run in backround and record computer history or is this a common fault? thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-keeps-shutting-down-instantly.886150/
Relevancy 38.7%

I'm running Firefox on a windows machine with XP Pro Service pack and AVG Internet Security There are times that my web pages load fine then other times my pages won't load or refresh almost out Firefox instantly timing When the browser is acting up I see the swirly thing in the tab and a progress bar at the bottom that goes through it's cycle in about a half a second and no new page I've tried holding the control when clicking on a link and a new tab opens with the link address in the address bar but Firefox timing out almost instantly no page If I repeatedly click on the refresh maybe the fifth or fiftieth time the page will load I get the same response sometimes when I just try to reload a page that didn't load all the way the first time I've tried disabling the firewall thinking Firefox timing out almost instantly that maybe it might have been blocking something I've ran a complete virus and root-kit scan on my computer it came back clean I download and ran MBAM found infections fix Firefox timing out almost instantly them all to no avail I've run System file checker quot sfc Scannow quot to make sure that system files weren't missing or broken I think this problem started about three weeks ago after a power outage and have run chkdsk in safe mode to make sure that there wasn't problems with the hark drive or file system The problem has continued to get worse as the days go by I've even downloaded IE it does the same thing I have also reinstalled my network card with no luck on resolving this PLEASE help me

A:Firefox timing out almost instantly

What happens if you disable the firewall in AVG security? Do you still have the problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271549/firefox-timing-out-almost-instantly/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a problem i noticed i have restarts instantly some in Computer games almost for about - days My computer restarts every some minutes when im browsing in Mozilla Firefox but not in Internet explorer And when i try to play in BFBC my computer restarts before i even manage to get into a server Or when i try to play Red Faction Armageddon in directx mode it instantly reboots the Computer restarts almost instantly in some games computer Computer restarts almost instantly in some games but not in directx mode I don't think this is a dust heat problem because i checked in GPU-Z and Speedfan the temperatures and they are normal i cleaned the computer before some weeks and the fans are ok I tried formating C and reinstalling windows installed ATI driver and did a full windows update and i still have the problem Is Windows - x -bit or x bit - the original installed OS on the system computer came without an OS but this is the main only OS installed now - an OEM or full retail version Retail - OEM came pre-installed on system - Full Retail you purchased it from retailer - What is the age of system hardware About years i think i have a second gb ram stick i bought some months ago - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS day reinstalled OS today and i still have the problem CPU is Intel Core Duo E GHz Graphics card is Radeon HD I have total gb ram two sticks of gb ram Included specs from everest at the zip file I have a Dell U H screen that i bought some months ago And a Gigabyte S-Series motherboard I found another problem My screen sometimes get flashing colored dots then it turns off and on

A:Computer restarts almost instantly in some games

Quote: Originally Posted by NMDanny

I have a problem i noticed i have for about 3-4 days
My computer restarts every some minutes when im browsing in Mozilla Firefox(but not in Internet explorer)
And when i try to play in BFBC2 , my computer restarts before i even manage to get into a server
Or , when i try to play Red Faction Armageddon in directx 10/11 mode, it instantly reboots the computer, but not in directx 9 mode

I don't think this is a dust/heat problem, because i checked in GPU-Z and Speedfan the temperatures and they are normal, i cleaned the computer before some weeks and the fans are ok

I tried formating C: and reinstalling windows 7, installed ATI driver, and did a full windows update, and i still have the problem

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64 bit
- the original installed OS on the system? computer came without an OS, but this is the main/only OS installed now
- an OEM or full retail version? Retail

- What is the age of system (hardware)? About 3 years i think, i have a second 2gb ram stick i bought some months ago
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 1 day, reinstalled OS today and i still have the problem

CPU is Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3.0 GHz
Graphics card is Radeon HD 4850
I have total 4 gb ram(two sticks of 2gb ram)
Included specs from everest at the zip file
I have a Dell U2211H screen that i bought some months ago
And a Gigabyte S-Series motherboard

I found another problem: My screen sometimes get flashing colored dots, then it turns off and on

No DMP's included in upload try this method.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/170389-computer-restarts-almost-instantly-some-games.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello all Disclaimer I am a complete windows noob I've been a mac user my whole life but just switched to windows Whenever I log into Windows the computer is sending me directly to the quot computer locked quot login screen instantly as Lock screen on login! instantly soon as I enter my password it sends me right back to the lock screen again This repeats infinitely I have looked for similar problems on the internet and can not seem to find anyone else that seems to be suffering from this problem It works fine in safe mode though I ran a virus scan with Windows Defender and it couldn't find anything I tried doing a system repair from the f boot prompt that didn't work I've exhausted all my efforts and I still cant seem to find a way to fix Lock screen instantly on login! this Any help would be much appreciated I'm in dire need of some halp from someone who knows what they are doing Because I sure as hell don't If you need any more detailed info about my system i'll be happy to provide it

A:Lock screen instantly on login!

It is case sensitive. Check your keyboard that you didn't have CAP LOCK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186965-lock-screen-instantly-login.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,My lenevo yoga 14 thinkpad shuts down instantly if you move it or bump it in the slightest when its not plugged in. Any thoughts on this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Laptop-Shuts-off-instantly-when-moved/td-p/3399982
Relevancy 38.27%

I'm running winxp Home edition few days ago I noticed an error window will appear right afte the welcome blue screen just before you get to see the use accounts icons, there is no message at all no erro number anything just the red circle with the "x" on it and Yes and No options, I didn't know what was it so just clicked no an then log in normally.

Now 3 days ago the same msg stlli there but now either I click Yes or NO I can't log in, just after I click on my account(only user and no password) it flashes the wallpaper and instantly log off back to the wellcome screen.

I have read about this problem but no one said anything about the error window at the beginnig, please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/welcome-screen-error-with-no-msg-loging-off-instantly.438310/
Relevancy 38.27%

I m Manager Instantly Closes Task having a problem with my computer right now every time I try to open windows task manager or regedit it closes immediately my computer also Task Manager Instantly Closes seemed to have slowed down a bit Any help would be appreciated Here is the log of Hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM Task Manager Instantly Closes on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer Task Manager Instantly Closes EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro RUBotted TMRUBottedTray exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files USB PC CAMERA Camera Snap exe C Program Files Trend Micro RUBotted TMRUBotted exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Documents and Settings user My Documents sir files Antivirus stuff HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home sweetim com R - URLSearchHook SweetIM ToolbarURLSearchHook Class - EEE C D- - DC- C - C - C Program Files SweetIM Toolbars Internet Explorer mgHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Microsoft Helper - C C - B - c - DCD- A D C - C Documents and Settings user Application Data Microsoft BHO -WGSTI dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SWEETIE - EEE C C- - DC- C - C - C Program Files SweetIM Toolbars Internet Explorer mgToolbarIE dll O - Toolbar SweetPacks Toolbar for Internet Explorer - EEE C B- - DC- C - C - C Program Files SweetIM Toolbars Internet Explorer mgToolbarIE dll O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run TMRUBottedTray quot C Program Files Trend Micro RUBotted TMRUBottedTray exe quot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run Microsoft Firewall C DOCUME user LOCALS Temp MSFW exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Snap C Program Files USB PC CAMERA Camera Snap exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run Microsoft Firewall C DOCUME user LOCALS Temp MSFW exe O - HKCU Run Fmjqjv C Documents and Settings user Application Data Fmjqjv exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run -F C - - - DE A C DD quot C Documents and Settings user Application Data Ewcia paqu exe quot O - HKCU Run Microsoft Security Essentials C Documents and Settings user Application Data explorateur explorateur exe O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User Default user O - Global Startup AutoCAD Startup Accelerator lnk C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 38.27%

My problem is my graphic card being undetected instantly I ve been playing a lot of games without having any trouble with my graphic card Last thing I remember is I was playing Deus Ex Human Revolution and i did finish it Some days after that while attempting to boot my pc it struggled the first times my CPU lights have gone Graphic detected ..!! not instantly card My is in seconds then it boots successfully My Graphic card is not detected instantly ..!! in the third time My Monitor was turned on but no display First I think the problem might be in the VGA cable but it is not coz when i unplugged it and plug it in the default pin in the CPU the monitor shows display So definitely the problem is with the graphic card I dust cleaned it and insert it again no breakthrough but the fan in the card is rotating I figured that there is a mild problem in my SMPS I ve red in an article that problems in the SMPS will affect the power supply to the video card So the real problem is the SMPS or the Graphic card Pls assist me through this Here's a complete Spec of my pc Dell Inspiron nothing s changed GB RAM GB Hard disk nvidia GS MB video card

A:My Graphic card is not detected instantly ..!!

Pls help me out guys

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/197002-my-graphic-card-not-detected-instantly.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, For the past few days I have been facing a problem where my laptop will suddenly turn off when unplugged.Notebook details are mentioned below.Product Name: HP ENVY 15t-j000 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC Produnct Number: C8P47AARMy battery was running well previously and a sudden failure doesnt make sense. Anyways thinking it was a bettery issue I searched the forums and ran diagnostics on my battery and they turned out to be okay. The diagnostic reports are attached below. HP Battery CheckUEFI Report I dont know whats causing this issue and where to go from here. Any help will be appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-turns-off-instantly-when-unplugged/td-p/5641595
Relevancy 38.27%

My PC has been shutting down at any given time during web browsing i use mozilla and have XP Home SP i have a log to post and can put more info later when i return from instantly any time... Computer at shuts off work Edit I have a Compaq Presario V Laptop with an Intel Celeron M processor GHz MB RAM Mobile Intel GM GMS Express Chipset Family Today I ran a quick scan with Malwarebytes and it found Computer shuts off instantly at any time... infections all of them registry errors I quarantined them and restarted While I was Computer shuts off instantly at any time... browsing the web stumbling I was watching a video and then it suddenly went off with no warning It s happened before when I plug something into my nd USB Port so I haven t used it since Also when I start up my PC and the desktop pops up an error pops up If there is anything else I should post on here let me know and i ll do so Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files Micro Innovations Wireless Keyboard amp Mouse Driver StartAutorun exe C Program Files Micro Innovations Wireless Keyboard amp Mouse Driver KMConfig exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Micro Innovations Wireless Keyboard amp Mouse Driver KMProcess exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Y... Read more

A:Computer shuts off instantly at any time...

so its still happening but, i dont think it happens when i unplug my adapter...anyone??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-shuts-off-instantly-at-any-time.936204/
Relevancy 38.27%

So I tried installing this new game and the autorun popped up and after I had clicked a few slides (hitting next) the window just instantly and randomly closed by itself, after going back and trying this about 20 times with no luck I was frustrated and gave up for the time being think a spyware sweep or a reboot would fix the problem. Anyways I reboot and lo and behold the problems still there, i put it off for a few hours and then I find myself with a new app I just downloaded, I click the install wizard for that and BAM same exact problem I faced with the auto-run install wizard so i knew something was up. Anyways, i'm just posting this up here first to see if anyone else has encountered anything instantly closing auto-run wizards, not exactly easy to search for that info on google as each word pops up with its own search.

A:Install Wizards instantly closing

5 days later and its still raping my computer. it still is instantly closing my installation wizard in 8 seconds of me opening it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/install-wizards-instantly-closing-243889.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello and I would like to first thank any helper s willing to take the patience to give me a hand in fixing my computer So the problem began where i must have and IE redirection instantly closing google downloaded something infectious And i began to have the antimalware doctor virus I proceeded to rkill it and i used malwarebytes to find and remove it I thought i removed it or maybe I have more virues But after I found my google searches still redirected I then found that Mostly all of my searches were being redirected not to anything porn related or so just random sites like quot Pages US quot and now my IE wouldnt open up directly like from my desktop but only from something like a Url link Im now using Firefox and need help I tried system restore but that didnt IE instantly closing and google redirection work and I tried ad-aware it seemed to find somethings and i deleted them then uninstalled ad-aware but i still got the problem So im pretty much starting from scratch and ready to follow any instructions SO i first used defog and disabled the emulators I then used the dds DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista IE instantly closing and google redirection Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k IE instantly closing and google redirection LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exeC WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exec Users User Downloads Call of Duty Modern Warfare Full-Rip Skullptura klsrvs exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exec Users User Downloads Call of Duty Modern Warfare Full-Rip Skullptura pi exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Nexon Mabinogi npkcmsvc exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system PnkBstrA exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Users User Desktop dds scrC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system conime exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en ca amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndtuSearch Page hxxp www qword ... Read more

A:IE instantly closing and google redirection

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347330/ie-instantly-closing-and-google-redirection/
Relevancy 38.27%

OH i need help... .my notebook crashed, then tried to work in safe-mode...but it freeze and later i held the power button to shut it down...(probably like 4-5 times) then now i'm facing powering on the notebook, but it shuts down like within seconds...it won't boot no more!! HELP....any advice???

Notebook Powerup & Shuts Down Instantly

Relevancy 38.27%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, and every time I would start it up, it would freeze right away. After I type my password to log in, there's a black screen. Sometimes the black screen goes away and loads windows but it would freeze right away, and sometimes the black screen stays and the computer is frozen. I tried starting it up in safe mode, but it would just freeze and start up in normal mode. Help, how do I fix this?

A:My Laptop Freezes Instantly After Start-Up

Have you backed up your critical data?
Can you access the BIOS? Does the BIO freeze?
Can you boot with an Ubuntu LIVE CD?
I would error check the drive for starters. Slave it to another computer if you must. Hopefully your motherboard is not failing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-freezes-instantly-after-start-up-593467.html
Relevancy 38.27%

When trying to run regedit or msconfig they automatically close I ran a virus scan using Symantec Anti-Virus and removed all possible threats as well as Spybot S amp D I ll post my HiJackThis log and maybe the answer can be found in there Thanks ahead of time Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system and instantly MSconfig close Registry Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT tpfnf sp exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Lenovo Registry and MSconfig close instantly HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System TpShocks exe C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities EZEJMNAP EXE C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C Program Files Lenovo AwayTask AwaySch EXE C Program Files ThinkVantage PrdCtr LPMGR EXE C Program Files Registry and MSconfig close instantly ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACTray exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exe C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution cssauth exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exe C Program Files Lenovo Message Center Plus MCPLaunch exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Users Brian AppData Roaming WindowsUpdate WindowsUpdate exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution tvtpwm tray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HiJackThis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http lenovo live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENUS SAOS FORM TOOLBR R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO ThinkVantage Password Manager - F E -A - CF - D - E E F C - C Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution tvtpwm ie com dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run TPFNF C Progra... Read more

A:Registry and MSconfig close instantly

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
hlp.dat
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
explorer.exe
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356659/registry-and-msconfig-close-instantly/
Relevancy 38.27%

OK, so my computer used to have the Domino A.L.C. cooling system, until it recently started acting weird and i uninstalled it. Now i have my default Intel cpu fan installed, but anytime i start up the computer it will do one of 3 things: Say cpu is over temperature, press f1 to resume (even if i do resume it shuts down a few seconds later), then shuts down, shut down after about half a second to 5 seconds, or it will start loading windows and then instantly shut down as if the power was turned off (although the lights in the tower itself are still on). I can't actually access the BIOS to check the temperature (the computer shuts off too quickly). So...wat do

EDIT: All fans are working.

A:CPU 'over temperature' even when cold, shuts down almost instantly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-over-temperature-even-when-cold-shuts-down-almost-instantly.970479/
Relevancy 38.27%

Right so I unplugged my computer to take back to my house and then instantly PC and turns shuts on was knocked off over, now my brother knocked it over onto the the side i think it may have been on the side of the motherboard When I got home I plugged everything in and turned it on But all that happened was that the led and fan would work turn on and then the computer instantly shuts off I open up my PC to look at the inside I turned off psu first and PC was knocked over, now turns on and instantly shuts off unplugged I pressed all the ports and sockets and wires in harder incase something was loose I plugged my PC in again but without the mouse and keyboard and my PC turns on fine but no signal appears on my screen Whenever I plug in all my stuff keyboard mouse etc my computer does what PC was knocked over, now turns on and instantly shuts off it did before powers fan and led then shuts down I reallly would appreciate ANY help here as I do not wish to spend any money at the Computer Repair Shops My PC Specs AMD Phenom II x Black Edition Processor GigaByte M M-S P Motherboard GB SATA hard drive DVD RW IDE nVidia GeForce G Graphics Card nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi any advice at all much appreciated PC specs Novatech FX- gb SSD TB hard disk gb ram windows bit years old Had the odd random power down in the past but over the last days my PC keeps is Computer instantly screwed? off powering - it keeps powering off instantly with no warning and when I turn it back on it doesn't last very Computer keeps powering off instantly - is it screwed? long until it powers off again about mins tops in safe mode Things tried already Ran a health report said 'avg disk queue length - disk may be at maximum capacity due to throughput and disk seeks' but looked again after a temperamental system restore and wasn't there yet still had the problem It also said it didn't see an antivirus software installed but I have Avast free version installed and ran a virus check with this which didn't come back with any viruses said vlc and adobe needed updating and there were some performance issues but wouldn't resolve on free version I tried changing the power settings to balanced disabled the antivirus temporarily and dusted the inside the PC with that special computer spray stuff but none of that helped I tried a system restore in startup repair which didn't work and tried another one from a restore point a week ago but the PC powered down before it got anywhere I also tried one in safe mode and got the same result and sometimes the PC powers down right after selecting startup repair when it's booting up I tried a disk cleanup on the SSD but as soon as it's starting the PC powers down My friend thinks I should reformat the PC but it came with windows installed on the machine and I don't have an installation disk for it so don't know what I should do there either If anyone has any advice with this it'd be really appreciated I don't really have a clue now Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611196/computer-keeps-powering-off-instantly-is-it-screwed/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey peoples,

Yet another BSOD problem. My old PC which I donated to my in-laws suddenly started BSOD'ing for no particular reason that I can find. It boots into safe mode fine but as soon as it tried to boot into normal windows (7) it blue screens a few seconds after hitting the desktop.

Here's the dump:

Thanks for any help

Wowdude

A:BSOD instantly on entering windows

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Please upload your msinfo32.txt file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Export -> Save as msinfo32.txt and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .txt file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes. *Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot. *If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot. *If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269072-bsod-instantly-entering-windows.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi any advice at all much appreciated PC specs Novatech FX- gb SSD TB hard disk gb ram windows bit years old Had the odd random power down in the past but over the last days my PC keeps powering off instantly with no warning and when I turn it back on it doesn t last very long until it powers off again about mins tops in safe mode Things tried already Ran a health report said avg disk queue length - disk may be at maximum capacity due - Computer powering keeps instantly screwed? it off is to throughput and disk seeks but looked again after a temperamental system restore and wasn t there yet still had the problem It also said it didn t see an antivirus software installed but I have Avast free version installed and ran a virus check with this which didn t come back with any viruses said Computer keeps powering off instantly - is it screwed? vlc and adobe needed updating and there were some performance issues but wouldn t resolve on free version I tried changing the power settings to balanced disabled the antivirus temporarily and dusted the inside the PC with that special computer spray stuff but none of that helped I tried a system restore in startup repair which didn t work and tried another one from a restore point a week ago but the PC powered down before it got anywhere I also tried one in safe mode and got the same result and sometimes the PC powers down right after selecting startup repair when it s booting up I tried a disk cleanup on the SSD but as soon as it s starting the PC powers down My friend thinks I should reformat the PC but it came with windows installed on the machine and I don t have an installation disk for it so don t know what I should do there either If anyone has any advice with this it d be really appreciated I don t really have a clue now Cheers nbsp

A:Computer keeps powering off instantly - is it screwed?

Reformatting won't help. You might want to try a new power supply

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,155779.0.html
Relevancy 38.27%

My laptop has been shutting down on me for months now and I cant figure out why. I thought it was overheating, but it my CPU stays at a constant 55-56 degrees Celsius. Its not the AC adapter, because it happens with or without it plugged in. I have noticed that it usually happens when my internet cable is plugged in, and when im watching a video with something else running in the back. Also when my laptop starts up and the desktop appears, a window pops up with a registry error. There is a pic of it below.

I have a Compaq Presario V4000 with XP Service Pack 3, with Intel Celeron M Processor 1.40GHz. Anyone have any idea what is happening? If you need more info, let me know and i'll try to get it to you...

A:Laptop shuts off instantly without warning...

That's very strange, it's uncommon but not unheard of, but it seriously sounds like the laptop is defective, and I really recommend you get a new one, it would cost a lot more to try to fix it that it would to buy a new one. It's not likely that the regristry error has anything to do with it. If there's a warranty, return it as soon as possible so you could maybe exchange it for a new laptop or another computer, cause that's just crazy having a laptop die on you like that whenever it wants. Again it serioulsy sounds like it's defective or your computer has something wrong with it at the hardware level that could be very costly to repair. It's unlikely that there's something causing the random shutdowns at the software level, so take my advice, get somethign that'll last longer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-off-instantly-without-warning.953280/
Relevancy 38.27%

OH i need help... .my notebook crashed, then tried to work in safe-mode...but it freeze and later i held the power button to shut it down...(probably like 4-5 times) then now i'm facing powering on the notebook, but it shuts down like within seconds...it won't boot no more!! HELP....any advice???

A:Notebook Powerup & Shuts Down Instantly

update: i opened up the notebook n found the cpu not runnin and the fan as well!! is that a problem???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-powerup-shuts-down-instantly.594361/
Relevancy 38.27%

So, I my reinstalled Windows XP and reformatted my hard drives as well. Now, programs/games I could run before crash instantly. Even the simplest of programs like iTunes, or Quicktime crash when I try to run them. However, programs like Firefox, windows messanger, and such run just fine. I have:

RAM: 2GB
Hard Drive 160GB

I'm really lost and disappointed this is happening. I haven't got the slightest clue what is wrong. Maybe I missed something when re-installing windows? Any help is appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] Many Programs Crash Instantly.

Hi Cupcake and welcome to TSF !

Why did you reinstall XP, were there any problems before ?

Did you use the XP MCE CD or the recovery CD that came with the computer to reinstall or did you use another CD like a retail XP CD for instance ? Did you reinstall all your programs as well ?

Do you get any error message when a program crashes ? If so what's the message ?

If this is a fresh XP install with freshly installed programs as well then this could be some hardware issue, like a faulty memory stick, an error on the hard drive or some power issue. What's the brand and exact model of your computer ? Enter the BIOS at startup (look for some "press xx to enter setup" message), locate the hardware monitor screen if there's one and report your temps, fan speeds and voltages.

Make sure you reinstalled all the drivers if there was a separate drivers CD. Go to start => run and type devmgmt.msc. Are there any devices there with a red or yellow icon in front of their name ?

Go to start => run and type eventvwr.msc. Are there any errors or warnings in the application or system section ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-many-programs-crash-instantly-342924.html
Relevancy 38.27%

A bit of a bizarre problem, here. I am running a Windows Vista laptop, and it's been functioning fine for about a year or so. However, a week or two ago I found that whenever I opened a window of Windows Explorer, the whole program instantly closed and rebooted, leaving me without a desktop for about thirty seconds. Essentially, I'm made unable to access any file that I can't directly get to from my desktop or start menu. Anyone know what's wrong?

A:Explorer instantly closes when I open it.

Bringing this back to attention, it's really hampering my schoolwork.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-instantly-closes-when-i-open-it.696200/
Relevancy 38.27%

For the last few days whenever I after logs logging instantly off in Windows Help: logged in to Windows I used to get a message at startup from Windows Script Host quot Can not find C windows system SemiAntivirus vbs quot It was surely very annoying and what Help: Windows logs off instantly after logging in I did was opened the registry editor and did a search on Semiantivirus vbs and deleted all entries that showed up Now whenever I try to login to Windows I get logged in and then instantly get logged off as well I tried logging in as Administrator Guest Safe Mode but nothing worked Windows keeps on getting logged off in a second I do have a registry backup in my C drive but there is no way right now that I can get to my C drive Also I couldn t find a way of booting Windows in DOS mode And reinstalling Windows is not an option for me as I do not have a Windows CD I am using Windows XP Pro SP Please help without Windows I am totally crippled nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

I have a satellite that I've been playing WoW on for some time now. A few months ago it completely stopped working and would make this "metal ball dropping" sound, which I assumed was the HD failing. A few days later it was working fine, though it was saying I had a media failure, but started up an ran.

Last night while playing WoW it crashed completely and when I power on, the fan starts, then it clicks and powers off. Absolutely nothing happens.

I assume the motherboard is bad? Or could the HD cause this?

I've already ordered a new laptop, but was hoping I could salvage this one.

Thanks for any advice!

A:Laptop crashes instantly upon boot

you may be able to recover the hard drive, or your data, after your new system arrives.

i would suggest removing the hard-drive from the system,
then try to boot with your xp disk in the cd.

if you are able to get to the installation screens, then you know your hd was causing the problem.
If you are unable to get there, then you know that you have further problems than the hd.

The hd, can be checked by installing to a usb device (like a usb enclosure, which may or may not work) or more likely a device like apricorn's drive-wire! This will allow you to recover your data at least.

Check out LookingAround's tutorial here!
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic129757.html#post766270

Let us know the results of your efforts and we will go to the next step.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashes-instantly-upon-boot.153414/
Relevancy 38.27%

hijack this closed before i renamed it instantly Taskmanager/regedit closes also Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files FRISK Software F-PROT Antivirus for Windows FPAVServer Taskmanager/regedit instantly closes exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C Program Files Full Tilt Poker FullTiltPoker exe C Documents and Settings Radtke Desktop HiJackThis ew exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cardrunners com O - Hosts serial alcohol-soft com O - Hosts www alcohol-soft com O - Hosts images alcohol-soft com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run startkey C WINDOWS system winsystem exe O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM RunOnce AOLRebootNeeded regsvr exe s O - HKCU Run startkey C WINDOWS system winsystem exe O - HKCU Run Windows Update C WINDOWS system My Server exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res E FILES PFILES MSOFFICE OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Absolute Poker - C DBF - - c- F - C ED - C Documents and Settings Radtke Start Menu Programs Absolute Poker Absolute Poker lnk O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Absolute Poker - C DBF - - c- F - C ED - C Documents and Settings Radtke Start Menu Programs Absolute Poker Absolute Poker lnk O - Extra button Trident Poker - DB C - E B- f- C - E E EC - C Program Files tridentloungeMPP MPPoker exe O - Extra button UltimateBet - DB -B D- - DA- CBB F BF - C Program Files UltimateBet UltimateBet exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem UltimateBet - DB -B D- - DA- CBB F BF - C Program Files UltimateBet UltimateBet exe O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exe O - Extra button Ladbrokes Poker - C A -C - dc - DD-AED D ED E - C Program Files ladbrokesMPP MPPoker exe O - Extra button POKER - FB F - A- - E -B A FBF - C Program Files PokermMPP MPPoker exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF CE A D-ED - A- F - FB E F F dlControl UserControl - http www cinemanow com dlControl CAB O - Protocol skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - C PROGRA COMMON Skype SKYPE DLL O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system ati sgag exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Int... Read more

A:Taskmanager/regedit instantly closes

Hi.

Please download the OTMoveIt by OldTimer. Save it to your desktop.
Please double-click OTMoveIt.exe to run it.
Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsystem.exe

Return to OTMoveIt, right click on the "Paste List of Files/Folders to be moved" window and choose Paste.
Click the red Moveit! button.
Close OTMoveIt
If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

Have "Hijack This" fix all the following items in the list below by placing a check in the appropriate boxes.Confirm that you have only the listed ones checked, then press <Fix checked> and Close HJT.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [startkey] C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsystem.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [startkey] C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsystem.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows Update] C:\WINDOWS\system32\My_Server.exe

Reboot and post a new HJT log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/taskmanager-regedit-instantly-closes-175444.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Alright, I don't know how long I have had this problem for because I don't use the CMD prompt that often.

However, I have a big problem and cannot use it at all. When I open it up it works fine until I try to start typing.

Before I can even get 1 letter off, the box quits. No errors, just quits. I open it up, and the same thing.

I need help, so if anyone knows whats happening or has any ideas, please, let me know!

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 38.27%

Heyy I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate I'm not GREAT on PCs so if you give me instructions please try to make them Tab Compatability Instantly... No Programs Crash explainable to a year old Or a dog Basically I have programs that I Programs Crash Instantly... No Compatability Tab REALLY need to use gt lt and can't The first one is called 'Atmosphere Deluxe' I run the exe The loading screen comes up secs later it goes all white then says quot a problem caused the program to stop working correctly quot Nothing else is said so i don't really know what other sort of info i can give you guys sorry The other program is just a Trainer Editor for a game same thing Load secs white Exit I heard someone mention 'event viewer' Managed to find it but didn't know how to use it at all or how it was meant to benefit me Lastly I thought about running these programs under compatability mode like i used to do in XP But i can't For some reason whenever i right-click on ANYTHING the ONLY tabs I get after properties Are -General- -Shortcut- -Security- -Details- -Previous Versions- ------------------------- I managed to stumble upon the compatability wizard gt gt somewhere somehow don't remember All i DO remember is it stated 'Compatability mode has been disabled' Or something more or less around those lines and it didn't say anything about how one was to enable these options gt gt whether it be through control panel or registry Ahhk gt lt quot quot This is really doing my head in and yes i HAVE been to other forums countless times And i really just Don't know what to do now x I'd really appreciate it if you guys gals COULD help me '' I'm willing to try whatever someone throws at me gt gt Anything - Much Appreciated Isaac P S I Don't have the Vista Discs just incase i NEED one for something '' Although I'd get one if it meant fixing this piece of 'work'

A:Programs Crash Instantly... No Compatability Tab

Is this a pre-built PC with the original Vista installation.
If so, what's the make and model of it?

Or has it been loaded from a Vista installation disk.
If so, where were did the disks come from?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203183/programs-crash-instantly-no-compatability-tab/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey y'all-- I have Win XP SP Trying to clear up a slow-running condition I opened Task Manager manager Task XP off instantly, shuts Win almost As I moved the pointer to click on a tab the Task Manager dropped into the systray When I moved the Task manager shuts off almost instantly, Win XP pointer to the systray the task manager icon disappeared At first this only happened on my user account w admin priveleges Now it happens on all users After clearing out everyone's temp files etc and running Malwarebytes the speed seems to be OK but I still have the Task Manager problem I searched the forums and found several similar complaints that also included the run command or regedit not working My run and regedit are fine I don't have any other problems that I know of I use Sunbelt Vipre I tried it in Safe Mode but it found no infection I've also used Kaspersky and Panda They also found no problems other than a few harmless cookies Housecall won't run on my machine Following amp attached are DDS logs I'd sure appreciate any help thanks kevin DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by kevin at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Sunbelt VIPRE On-access scanning enabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBAMSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Citrix GoToAssist G AProcessFactory exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files WinOfficeca Sysmsgr exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBAMTray exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmon exe C Documents and Settings kevin Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Windows Live Mail wlmail exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Citrix GoToAssist G AProcessFactory exe C Documents and Settings kevin Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE SWLD A B dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk en side html channel us uDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk en side html channel us uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf mDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com mStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp... Read more

A:Task manager shuts off almost instantly, Win XP

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226272/task-manager-shuts-off-almost-instantly-win-xp/
Relevancy 38.27%

Whenever we try to use the 'watch instantly' feature on Netflix, it will load and stream for a couple of minutes and then our browser shuts down completely. It's like the internet kicks us off completely. We can get back on but it's very frusterating to do this repeatedly. Does anyone have any suggestions? We've had Netflix for several months now and this problem only started a few weeks ago. We have called tech support for our ISP, Netflix, and anyone else we can think of. But to no avail. Help. Also, as far as we can tell, the settings are the same for both the PC and our laptop. We don't have problems with the laptop, only the PC. Thanks everyone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-netflix-watch-instantly.737353/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I have Windows XP and it seems I have some kind of virus or worm and I'm unable to run HijackThis I have run Ad-aware AVG antivirus and Trend Micro Office Scan with no results These are the symptoms Hijackthis closes instantly after opening in fact as soon as I help! lsass... please instantly hijackthis / close click on it the folder closes automatically In ie and firefox when typing in hijackthis the browser automatically shuts In safe mode the hijackthis close instantly / lsass... please help! same happens to Hijackthis I managed to change the name of the exe file but then as soon as I executed it it closed In my control panel add or delete programs I have a suspicious StrongestOptimizer program but when I try to uninstall it a web page opens notetol com uninstall php with an uninstall button and I have not clicked on it fearing it might do some more mischief When I look at the list of processes running in my computer I see a suspicious lsass exe process along with other suspicious processes with strange names but I can't stop the process I understand that lsass exe might be a sign of W Sasser Worm infection but I ran the W Sasser removal tool from Symantec and it didn't find the worm Please if you can help I would be extremely grateful

A:hijackthis close instantly / lsass... please help!

Hi and welcome to TSF.

Please follow these instructions carefully.

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop . Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - minimised > extra.txt and maximised > main.txt.
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt in a new thread
in the HJT Forum (do not attach it or post it here).
Please attach extra.txt to your post.

To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.

We'll then have a look and provide instructions to clean your system, if required. Please note that the HJT forum is constantly busy, so I would ask that you be patient while waiting for a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hijackthis-close-instantly-lsass-please-help-148975.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am working on a system running Windows Xp IE instantly then closes open Explorer SP with IE When I try to run Internet explorer it momentarily opens then closes I Installed and ran Avg anti virus Adaware CWshredder uninstalled and reinstalled IE Nothing has helped Here is my HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin IE Explorer open then closes instantly S EvMon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files IE Explorer open then closes instantly Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C Program Files RelevantKnowledge rlvknlg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C WINDOWS system TODDSrv exe C Program IE Explorer open then closes instantly Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Zumie zumie exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Zumie zumie exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Direct Disc Writer ddwmon exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system TPSMain exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Gamevance gamevance exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data iWin Games DesktopAlerts DesktopAlerts exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwli... Read more

A:IE Explorer open then closes instantly

Hello, kwhite5858
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

We need to create an OTViewIt ReportPlease download OTViewIt by OldTimer.
Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
Push the button.
Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTViewIt.txt <-- Will be opened
Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
We need to scan for rootkits with GMERPlease download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2

Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.)
When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
Note: There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:System Protection and Tracing
Processes
Save created processes to the log
Drivers
Save loaded drivers to the log

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.

When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please include the following:OTViewIt.txt
Extra.txt
GMER's Log
Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-explorer-open-then-closes-instantly-289818.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a frustrating problem on my Windows laptop that only started a couple sleep resume not Network available from after instantly of weeks ago Previously whenever I resumed my laptop from sleep mode the network would always be instantly available too I've always been impressed with the speeds of resuming from sleep in Windows it's all pretty instant and means I can get straight back to browsing etc once I've entered my password Now if I wake the laptop from sleep I enter my password and the network appears to not be available for about a minute or so Then it functions normally but it's very very frustrating as I can't work out the cause When I resume if I try and refresh webpages I get 'network not available' errors in Chrome but the monitors I use Network Activity Indicator in the system tray don't show a loss of network connectivity i e - there is no red 'X' over the wireless signal bars Sometimes if when entering my password I get it incorrect it will say quot PC is offline Please enter the last password you logged Network not available instantly after resume from sleep on with quot - I am assuming this is also due to Network not available instantly after resume from sleep the above problem Why could this have suddenly started happening No settings have changed been changed on the router side Any ideas Thanks

A:Network not available instantly after resume from sleep

First thing I would try is open Device Manager, go to the WiFi adapter. Right click and select Properties. See if it has checked something to the effect "allow adapter to be shut off to save power." If so, uncheck it.

I've seen my power profile lose a setting here and there for no apparent reason.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47916-network-not-available-instantly-after-resume-sleep.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

I just began having this problem and i can not find a solution for it. I still have access to my administrative account, but my other one i use for school is having troubles. After i click login, it says "Welcome" for about 3 seconds, then "logging off," and puts me back to the login page. Any suggestions? They will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:Instantly after clicking login, it logs off

If only one account is affected it sounds like corruption
We should try an sfc Run up to 3 times if errors are found
then repair install if you have the install dvd then
then a system restore then
a new account.
System Files - SFC Command
Repair Install For Vista[11]=Performance Maintenance
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284803-instantly-after-clicking-login-logs-off.html
Relevancy 38.27%

ox8100000a I keep getting this error code, but I have tried to do full backup and that keeps failing also. Trying to backup to My Passport. Plenty of room

A:Backup to My Passport failing almost instantly

Hi Melina2,Please provide the following details:Is it happening in the middle of the process of backing up the data?Could you please check the error message again?Are you using a third party application to backup the data?Also, please try a different USB port.Thanks & RegardsManshu S#iworkfordell

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/backup-to-my-passport-failing-almost-instantly/13425.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Whats up guys thanks for stopping by to take a look at my issue I wanna start off by apologizing about my last threads content I in all honesty didnt read the rules close enough and yea but here s the issue im having on a Dell laptop Dell precision When ever a load is put on the compter such as even opening the web browser and attempting to watch a youtube video boom BSOD stating something in regards to the video card im not to sure considering they give you about two seconds to read a whole page worth of information but this is load is BSOD comp.?? when instantly on the error it brings up its Windows amp ultimate edition btw k I have zero experience with the BSOD but not to worry if you guys have any question requests or advice I will easily follow with BSOD instantly when load is on comp.?? much appretiation Thanks a lot for looking hope some one can help take care Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA F E BCP FFFFF F C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Gorbs AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt nbsp

A:BSOD instantly when load is on comp.??

I would appear quite likely that this is the same Dell Precision 4400 that you installed the pre-activated copy of Windows 7 on. As it is not a legitimate licensed copy of Windows 7 we are still unable to help.

As I had said in the other thread the Dell needs to be re-installed with it's previous licensed version of Windows before we can assist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-instantly-when-load-is-on-comp.1093881/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello all I have freezes rebooted? Computer when at instantly 20 then min just recently encountered a problem with freezing on mp PC Seems that when I log into windows after about - min the screen freezes with the image still intact but I cannot do anything except power button reboot sometimes it Computer freezes at 20 min then instantly when rebooted? will suddenly reboot as well When the computer reboots it will freeze at the Windows XP loading bar Computer freezes at 20 min then instantly when rebooted? screen It will also freeze up if I try to do a Safe Mode boot sometimes freezing at the selection screen I tried to do a windows repair using the XP disk but it will freeze while it is loading the drivers I have also tried to use MemTest but while it is going through its test passes it will freeze thier to I have started to replace components that I thought would be the problem power supply W to W video card now an NVIDIA GT PCIe even the DVD drive as this first started to happen while running a cd based program I have gotten to the point to where I do not know what is happening soon I will be to the point to where I am going to end up upgrading everything in the PC trying figure out what the culprit is A couple of weeks ago I did notice that the Windows clock and date had reverted back to the origional MFG s BIOS settings which I had to fix Could this be the result of a dying BIOS battery When I ran MemTest it had made it to the th pass so I do not think it is a memory issue which leaves the motherboard CPU and hard drive left as culprits I am at my wits end on this and getting frustrated to the point of KO ng my PC Can anyone help PC Specs Windows XP Pro Svc Pak Intel Pentium gig ABIT AL motherboard gigs ram GB HD NVIDIA GeForce GT PCIe On board LAN ATI All In Wonder Capture Card Sony DVD R RW Antec W V Rails power supply nbsp