Windows Support Forum

Network configuration operator cannot open the properties dialog of a network interface

Q: Network configuration operator cannot open the properties dialog of a network interface

Hi all,
I've some users added to 'Network configuration operator' on Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and they cannot open the properties dialog of network interface. I've tested the KB2157332 on Windows 7 x64 Pro
without SP1 and it works, but I cannot install it on W7SP1 computer, . I'm looking a SP1 version of the hotfix but I cannot find it.
I've read
this and
this post but still getting the issue
Any idea to solve it?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd6896d1-1e9d-49ac-955a-2492179ed728/network-configuration-operator-cannot-open-the-properties-dialog-of-a-network-interface?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network configuration operator cannot open the properties dialog of a network interface

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 83.85%

Picked up a Surface RT on open network Surface file interface names? RT: metro & the Black Friday sale my first foray into Windows world which I've otherwise been trying very hard to ignore At any rate I had a question Surface RT: metro interface file open & network names? In the Metro quot File Open quot dialogue when I select the quot Network quot option nothing is pre-populated and it expects me to type in the actual machine name which gets quite annoying after the umpteenth time Is there any way to get this to display the list of detected computers like it does on the desktop's File Explorer And yes networking is working fine in Desktop Surface RT: metro interface file open & network names? and I can quot see quot all my network machines there and it also works fine in Metro if I manually type in the name I just want some way to present a friendly list I tried adding a server to the File Explorer's quot Favorite quot section but this doesn't appear to show up anywhere in Metro I could probably map to a drive letter but if Windows behaves anything like that may not be the most reliable method either due to the old quot cannot reconnect all network drives quot issue on bootup I'd be happy just to browse like I can in File Explorer

A:Surface RT: metro interface file open & network names?

I'm not sure if you have enabled file and printer sharing on the Surface RT yet but perhaps the link will help. Seeing the other machines may be a different issue or require another app. but I'm not too sure with the RT version.

How To: Enable File & Printer Sharing Windows/Surface RT | Rashed Talukders Little Place on the Net

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36682-surface-rt-metro-interface-file-open-network-names.html
Relevancy 83.42%

The probelm only happend on 1 win7 PC, suddenly the PC slow to open some network printer properties that also makes slow to print.

1. On the PC nstalled 3 Network printer A,B,C open B properties is normal fast, but slow to open A,C.
2. Others PC also installed those 3 network printer and No problem.

I have replace NIC, Reinstall/Repair Win7 but no success, How to trace/diagnose PC to Printer communication so I can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks

A:Slow open Network Printer Properties

Printer shares often work more quickly and efficiently with uPNP enabled in your router, depending upon exactly what you are calling a network printer...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208665-slow-open-network-printer-properties.html
Relevancy 82.56%

i have a laptop Toshiba A200-13R (core duo 2.0(T2450) ghz, 512+2 Ram
(667mhz) 160GB hdd). As a factory product it came with vista home basic. I
installed xp proffessional as dual os. Both were working fine. 3 days before
i have bought ram to upgrade but that is bad system was giving plenty of
errors so i replaced the old Ram. after that if i connect the network cable
before starting the system it is working fine. if i start without network
cable connected system is neither opening the network connections nor the
system properties. i tried the following

* Restored from the restore points before upgrading the ram
* Tried to reinstall the LAN Driver it's not able to update the driver
* Tried to update windows xp but it's not responding and staying the step
Collecting informations for ever.

so please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-prof-not-able-to-open-network-connections-and-system-properties.622399/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I recently updated the driver for this network adapter, went from version 18.8 to 21.0. When I go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > Intel Ethernet Connection I217-V, it seems like the properties window for that adapter takes about 5-6 seconds to open and certain tabs like General/Link Speed/Advanced/Power Management/Teaming/VLANs take a few seconds to load after clicking on them.

Is this normal? I can't remember if the window for this adapter was faster loading on previous versions of the driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/397706-intel-i217-v-network-adapter-properties-slow-open.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I am having several problems when I attempt to open the properties dialog box some of the windows, specifically my computer, adding and removing software, IE, and can't open dialog box for setting time and date located on task bar (does same thing box appears then disappears right away. Is there anyone out there that can help me?

A:Win XP cant open properties dialog for my computer

Go here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Scroll down to #296
click on it,when the box opens,select open
reboot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-cant-open-properties-dialog-for-my-computer.220010/
Relevancy 78.69%

Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t experiencing-rundll-error-windows-on-start-up OBThis all started when my BF clicked on a fake virus alert He scanned the computer right away with MBAM and caught various things but even when we rebooted webpages Properties for Network start windows locked, up, error Rundll and Connections redirect. open on certain programs couldn't start up Firefox was fixed with help from the apartment complex's service provider but SAS couldn't get Updates and I've had to reinstall AVG Free Ed I've also reinstalled IE and Yahoo IM which were outdated and had start up and log in problems because of the infection Uniblue Registry Booster does not seem to have any problems starting and Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect. functioning Since then I've caught a few things with MBAM SAS and AVG but the system is definitely not clean yet I still get redirects and trojans or roguewares pop up from time to time that are caught by AVG FREE EDITION While trying to get rid of the RUNDLL error windows with Moderator boopme I discovered I could not access the Properties button or Right-Click Properties for Network Connections A Network Connections window pops up that says unexpected error occurred I was instructed to post here using - of the Preperation Guide I tried to make a GMER log but the Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect. first time through AVG prevented it from going past a certain point After disabling AVG temporarily it finished quickley but froze before I could save the log and while I was trying to enable the AVG Resident Sheild The third scan took much longer than the second scan but ended in a blue screen that said there was a problem detected and that Windows had to shut down to prevent damage A file was listed pwtdipog sysUnder it was PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREARestart instructions were included there after followed by Technical Information whiich I can post if needed Here are my logs from Steps DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Gina at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster rbmonitor exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Documents and Settings Gina Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp neko-sentai com uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmlmStart Page hxxp www yahoo comuInternet Settings ProxyServer http uInternet Settings ProxyOverride uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo comBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ... Read more

A:Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect.

Hello Kou_Kagerou, My names Syler and I will be helping you to solve your malware issues. Sorry for the delayin replying, we are very busy at the moment.Please note we are very busy, so if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.Download and Run MBR Rootkit Scan Please download MBR Rootkit Detector and save it on your desktop. Go to Start >> Run then copy and paste the following line into the run boxcmd /c "%userprofile%\desktop\mbr.exe" -t& start mbr.log Select Run when you recieve a Security Warning The process is automatic, a black DOS window will appear and disappear suddenly. This is normal. A log file will the be created on your desktop where you ran mbr.exe from. Copy and paste the contents of mbr.log on your next reply.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfigdrivers32CREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: MBAM log mbr.log OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333978/properties-for-network-connections-locked-rundll-error-windows-open-on-start-up-and-webpages-redirect/
Relevancy 78.26%

Running ultimate x The motherboard I am using has two built-in NICs The Marvell interface won't connect to the network Sometimes it will get labeled 'unknown network' and get a address Sometimes it will actually get assigned an IP in the network but it can't reach the router or the internet There have been times when the 'network and sharing center' briefly showed 'internet' connect interface network. to won't Marvell network access when the cable is first plugged in but then it goes back to just connected to network However it still can't reach the router or the internet Looking at Wireshark there seems to be communication with the interface A couple of differences I noticed between the working interface and this one is that is working are these Wireshark lines working NIC is NOT working NIC is router is Working NIC Code BROWSER Host Announcement TOWER Workstation Server NT Workstation Potential Browser BROWSER Local Master Announcement RT-N R Workstation Server Print Queue Server Xenix Server NT Workstation NT Server Master Browser Domain Master Browser DFS server BROWSER Domain Workgroup Announcement HOMEOFFICE NT Workstation Domain Enum NON-Working NIC Code BROWSER Browser Election Request BROWSER Local Master Announcement TOWER Workstation Server NT Workstation Potential Browser Master Browser BROWSER Domain Workgroup Announcement HOMEOFFICE NT Workstation Domain Enum It looks like when the Marvell is connected the Marvell network interface won't connect to network. computer is trying to be the 'master' in Marvell network interface won't connect to network. the network instead of the router Are there some areas in the registry that could be corrupted Is it possible to try Marvell network interface won't connect to network. the -bit version of the Marvell driver If so how If this is hardware damage would I be getting the kind of communication I'm getting Please help

A:Marvell network interface won't connect to network.

Well I found out I am a victim of using 4 gigs of ram screwing up the network card. Has anyone ever found a workaround for this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371498-marvell-network-interface-wont-connect-network.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I have no more ideas on what to try next Any help greatly appreciated My laptop is running Windows Professional bit and is fully patched The Ethernet adapter Marvell Yukon E is enabled and the wireless adapter Intel PRO Wireless ABG disabled via software and the hardware switch Symantec Endpoint Protection provides AV security via group policy It is highly likely the problem was self inflicted and not caused by a virus malware I use the cisco lock application. network. held the configuring configuration another by 'iphlpsvc.dll' network is is now VPN client and wanted to upgrade it a reinstall may have been sufficient but as I was going 'iphlpsvc.dll' is now configuring the network. network configuration lock is held by another application. to the bother I thought I would upgrade as I was having some annoying timeouts when using the client immediately after logging into my desktop I started by removing the existing old version During the removal the screen went black and the laptop was not responding ie I couldnt get the screen to wake up I ended up powering off by holding the power button for secs On reboot it appeared that the old vpnclient had been removed and everything else was functioning as normal So I tried to install the new version The vpn setup program gets as far as quot Installing Network Components quot and produces error quot Error The network configuration lock is held by another application Close all applications and run Setup again If this message re-appears after closing all applications reboot then re-try the install the application holding the install lock may be hung quot The install is then rolled back I noticed that if I try to access the LAN card network properties ie IPv settings I get the error quot Some of the controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more other Network proprty sheets are already open To use these controls close all these property sheets then reopen this one quot I tried closing all applications rebooting and installing again but got the same error I tried a safe mode boot but couldn t install in safe mode I modified the registry to allow safe mode installs with networking but got the same error I used msconfig to disable all non-windows provided software on boot and got the same error I disabled Symantec Endpoint as much as I could and got the same error I did lots of Googling and found lots of references to this type of issue but no good answers Many of the solutions seemed to involve reinstalling Windows - not a good option for me Some of the Google results indicated that the Deterministic Network Enhancer DNE part of the VPN client may be the problem I found a link to DNE and downloaded winfix exe and dneupdate msi bit the msi content was created Running winfix produced an error indicating it couldn t access the network resources sorry I don t have a copy of the exact message Running dneupdate msi bit also produced an error quot Another application is holding the Network Configuration Lock quot Some of the Google results indicated removing network adapters might help so as I couldn t remove the LAN adapter Marvell Yukon E I updated the driver to the latest version and tried to install again with the same results I deleted all the additional network interfaces I could find VMware mobile phone modem and other VPN client interfaces There is one virtual adapter I cannot remove - quot Fujitsu IPCOM SSL-VPN Virtual LAN Adapter quot When removing the Fujitsu VPN adapter software it gave some more clues quot iphlpsvc dll is holding the network configuration lock quot and quot Install queue is trying to configure the network quot Could the IPCOM virtual interface be causing the issue winfix exe now worked as did dneupdate msi bit Trying to install the vpn client in normal boot mode still gives me the same error as before quot Error The network configuration lock is held by another application quot I also sometimes get quot Error There is a problem wit... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455646/iphlpsvcdll-is-now-configuring-the-network-network-configuration-lock-is-held-by-another-application/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

A:Can't access network properties,can't connect to network

Originally Posted by sogefurter

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28860-cant-access-network-properties-cant-connect-network.html
Relevancy 76.11%

When I double click a drive or folder, the Properties dialog opens instead of the normal Open behavior. If I right click on a drive or folder, the default (hilited) action is "Move or Rename Audio Files". How do I restore normal behavior. I don't see any way to change the default open behavior like I could in XP via the Folder Options, File Types dialog. Windows 7 RC1 Build 7100

A:Double click a drive or folder opens the Properties dialog instead of the normal Open behavior

Hi,

Thank you for posting.

If the issue did not occur previously, please just try System Restore first.

I suspect this issue may be also related to the mouse settings. Please go to ?Control Panel\Hardware and Sound? and click ?Mouse? and check your mouse settings; please ensure that the left button is set to ?Click? and right button is ?Right-click?.

You may also click the Restore Defaults to reset the mouse settings.

If you use some other application to manage the mouse, please also check the settings or just remove it.

Thanks.Nicholas Li - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d8533a8a-d047-41d9-a264-ff93a3bbb680/double-click-a-drive-or-folder-opens-the-properties-dialog-instead-of-the-normal-open-behavior?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 75.68%

Please let me know what needs to be done for this infected notebook I can't connect it to my wireless network Attached herewith is the log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x the itself spamming configuration network,changing Virus through network Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Norton Anti-Theft Engine NAT exe C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe Virus spamming itself through the network,changing network configuration C Program Files x Virus spamming itself through the network,changing network configuration SugarSync SugarSync exe C sea nextgen ApplyOnlineMobile AOLMTimer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x Toshiba TOSHIBA Sleep Utility TSleepSrv exe C Program Files x Toshiba Sync Utility TosSyncScheduler exe C ProgramData Clickfree BoxSoftware reminder SacReminder exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files Microsoft Office root Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe O - HKLM Run USB MON C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe O - HKLM Run ToshibaServiceStation C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe hide O - HKLM Run TSleepSrv ProgramFiles x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Sleep Utility TSleepSrv exe O - HKLM Run TSUScheduler ProgramFiles x TOSHIBA Sync Utility TosSyncScheduler exe O - HKLM Run SacReminderBOX C ProgramData Clickfree BoxSoftware reminder SacReminder exe O - HKLM Run NortonOnlineBackup C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuClient exe O - HKCU Run SugarSync C Program Files x SugarSync SugarSync exe -startInTray -usedelay true O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Startup AOLM Timer lnk C sea nextgen ApplyOnlineMobile AOLMTimer exe O - Extra context menu item Add to TOSHIBA Bulletin Board - res C Program Files TOSHIBA Bullet... Read more

A:Virus spamming itself through the network,changing network configuration

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/536566 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536566/virus-spamming-itself-through-the-networkchanging-network-configuration/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello all Frustrating problem All Office apps require a second delay to produce an quot open quot or quot save as quot dialog box when the computer is connected to a LAN wireless or wired domain or workgroup When the computer is NOT connected to a LAN wireless or wired domain or workgroup then Office quot open quot or quot save as quot dialog boxes open normally and quickly I suspect a network polling function internal to MS Office is Slow Connected When Office "Open" Network Show To Dialog To Box 2010 at fault This is NOT the infamous mapped network drive problem associated with Office There are no mapped drives nor have there ever Office 2010 Slow To Show "Open" Dialog Box When Connected To Network been on the PC although there might exist Office 2010 Slow To Show "Open" Dialog Box When Connected To Network a related solution Additionally there is no second delay when opening a file by double-clicking on the file itself which will launch the application Other information PC runs Windows Pro bit - PC is a relatively new Lenovo T laptop all updates from Lenovo and MS installed running clean and nicely otherwise no spyware no viruses no previous software or hardware issues requiring assistance Event log is clean Absolutely fresh installation of Office Pro Plus MS Action Pack Running Office apps in safe mode does not alter problem behavior ie quot windword exe safe quot or use CTRL key and double-click to launch app Running Windows in safe mode with networking and then subsequently testing Office apps is not possible quot license not able to validate quot issue This is a known problem and is not related to the slow dialog box response behavior A desktop PC with the same MS Office installation same volume license key on the same network does NOT produce this problem Full uninstall reboot and re-install of Office does not alleviate problem Disabling ALL startup items and services including of course ALL Lenovo management software does not alleviate problem SMB v bug is not the problem ie disabling mrxsmb service does not alleviate symptoms Disabling quot Client for Microsoft Networks quot quot QOS Packet Scheduler quot quot Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I O Driver quot and Responder and quot Printer and File Sharing for MS Networks quot in the network adapter properties does not alleviate the symptoms Using Sysinternals Registry Monitor I was able to determine that Office apps evaluate certain properties of your Internet Explorer settings before attempting to launch the quot open quot or quot save as quot dialog box Altering the way intranets are detected for example does not alleviate the symptoms Turning off Antivirus software Avira Personal does not alleviate the issue This issue is causing a huge loss of work efficiency Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you for your time Sincerely Rick

A:Office 2010 Slow To Show "Open" Dialog Box When Connected To Network

Have you tried blocking all network activity with some Internet Security package for those Office applications, which do not use Internet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/166417-office-2010-slow-show-open-dialog-box-when-connected-network.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Huh, what's going on here.
My computer lets me browse the network just fine and even sees everything there is to see. However, when I want to say, mount a DVD from a networked computer for example, the Network icon is nowhere to be found on the Open File or Folder dialog window.

Going back to the root level (from the path bar in the very same window) lets me see all the usual stuff: drives, homegroup and such but once again, no network.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find any solution to this and it seems like a very silly thing to remove from the OS.

I hope it's just me being blind and I really appreciate any information you guys can share on this subject.

(Using Windows 7 RC1 64-bit, in the same network with two Vista 64 computers.)

A:No Network in "Open File or Folder" dialog?

Mount a DVD - using which software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/10547-no-network-open-file-folder-dialog.html
Relevancy 73.53%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all Normally when a standard user is added to the group quot Network Configuration Operators quot it should provide them with access to change NICs This is also indicated in the group description gt nbsp quot Members in this group can have some administrative privileges to manage configuration of networking features quot I've added a standard user to the group but I'm still receiving the error quot You do not have permission to open the Network Connections folder quot when opening ncpa cpl When I click on the active connection in nbsp quot network and sharing center quot and click on Properties users (even open when can't group ncpa.cpl Configuration to added Operators") "Network Standard I am able to change the settings of this adapter Does anyone have a clue why the message quot you do not have permission to open the Network Connections folder quot is displayed I thought this KB might be needed but it's not applicable to my system appareantly The systems impacted are Windows x The following image described what is working green and what's not red I've simulated this on a Windows device other domain and I'm always able to open ncpa cpl When trying to change the properties of a NIC I'm prompted for credentials Only when a user is added to the group quot Network Configuration Operators quot he's able Standard users can't open ncpa.cpl (even when added to group "Network Configuration Operators") to change the settings of the NIC Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4653907c-9c68-4030-9e40-8ac8b3c4953f/standard-users-cant-open-ncpacpl-even-when-added-to-group-quotnetwork-configuration?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello I know this is a long shot I m staying in what s basically a hotel for the next couple months I was properties - Internet to access can't but network, network Connected access no on their free wireless Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties networks up until a couple of days ago when it just cut off my internet access all of a sudden They have confirmed it s nothing on their end My roommates have had steady access on their computers no problem my iPhone as well I obviously have no access to their modem to make issues more difficult when I right-click any of the network connections a dialog box will appear but all the menu options are blank I can t do anything to the connections except rename them Anything else yields a message box with no message if there s any other way to access the TCP IP properties that would be great Right-clicking the connection and clicking properties is the only way I know of I have tried winsock repair uninstalling reinstalling wireless driver and just about everything else I could think of ipconfig all gives me the following output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Owner-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List bc hsia telus net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bc hsia telus net Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - - - -BB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ee bcd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained July- - PM Lease Expires July- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Anchorfree HSS Adapter Physical Address -FF- - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP VPN Adapter Physical Address -FF-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - B- -EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cgocable net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap McMaster CA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EB EB - D- C - B -CDD br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap no-domain-set bellcanada Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FE-CEA - DD-B CE- CA C br D E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E BA - D E- C A-AD -B br E F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c b ecb b c ... Read more

A:Connected to network, but no Internet access - can't access network properties

Appears you are on Vista ( Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001] )

and running from an Admin Login (ie Owner and other than maintenance, you should be using a Limited Account, eg: UAC but solve that latter)

Disconnect from the router
Goto Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
Right click on ?Local Area Connection? & click ?properties? option.

scroll and find the Internet Protocol V6
clear the [x] preceeding that line
click ok

get a command prompt (run->cmd) and enternetsh int ip reset
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-network-but-no-internet-access-cant-access-network-properties.149976/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a peculiar issue where I would need to have "Network and Sharing Center" open to be able to see that my my laptop's wireless connection. I would see the signal bar and also see the dreaded red x.

Even when I have it open, I can see it refreshing each second; like its losing connection and reestablishing.

My internet connection is working and has no issues.

What can this be?

Network and Sharing Center - Open
Network and Sharing Center - Open and refreshed

Network and Sharing Center - Closed

A:Correct Network Tray Icon - Requires Network and Sharing Center Open??

That will probably be your Ethernet connection, not your wireless adapter, you can disable it in the bios if you don't use it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245622-correct-network-tray-icon-requires-network-sharing-center-open.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi everyone, wondering if anyone out there has had problems with their 'USB Network Interface' drivers. I recently reinstalled Windows and with it I installed all the latest mobo drivers. One seems to be missing, and when I plug in my Modem/Router via USB it no longer works (due to the USB Network Interface Driver not being there) Windows can't find the driver on the net and I cant find anything on the mobo's website for it. I've looked here and on google and still can't find the answer - anyone come across this before?

Regards,

Tom

P4 478 3.0ghz 1mb cache
Asus P4R 800-VM Mobo
nVidia GeForce 7600GT AGP
1.75ghz RAM (1x1gb stick, 3x256mb)
...and a really cheap PSU, although it is 400W

A:USB Network Interface

Hum.. Do you plug your modemrouter thingie directly to a USB port or is there some sort of a dongly thing in between?

In any case, the driver has got nothing to do with your motherboard. Check the modem or dongle maker's website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-network-interface.78924/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello This computer had malware like vosteran multioplug seachextensions goobzo rockettab installcore I was able to remove them using Malwarebytes The computer seemed to be fine for a few days after that until the network stopped working The wireless network icon has a red x I can't open the the -Can't open network, can't connect Log network adapter HickJackThis to settings Open Network and Sharing Center unless I'm in safe mode and HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings I can't open the network adapter settings it says that windows explorer has an error and closes the window I also tried to connect a usb network adapter and an ethernet ExpressCard but it wouldn't install them It won't read usb memories either unless they were installed previous to this incident I booted the computer with bitdefender and scaned it It found a few trojan infected e-mails that were removed No more viruses have been found after that Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX x en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR EXE C Program Files x Fortinet FortiClient FortiTray exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TpKnrres exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Intel IntelAppStore bin ismagent exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows avp exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrobat sl exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT SCHTASK exe C Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client GreenList exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client WhiteList exe C Users Administrator Desktop HickjackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - B D - D - A B-AE - A DA - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Partner BHO Class - FF F - C - b -B BA-C DDD E C - C ProgramData Partner Partner dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO IEPlugin - C CD -A CB- D -A F -D F A BE - C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client VIPAddOnForIE dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO... Read more

A:HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings

Greetings justreboot and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. While I review our situation please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop <<< ImportantIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================System Summary Information--------------------Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same timeType msinfo32 and press EnterLeft click on System SummaryClick File, Save, and name the file SummaryZip and attach the file to your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. FRST resultsAddition logSys... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565566/hickjackthis-log-cant-connect-to-network-cant-open-network-adapter-settings/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have an HP desktop, running Windows XP Pro, with a DSL internet connection. All of a sudden, my system doesn't recognize a network connection at all. Going into Control Panel/System/Device Manager, where an icon should be for Network Interface Card, it instead lists (Unknown). Because of it, even if I install another ethernet card, it won't be recognized. It doesn't recognize my 1394 IEEE card either. Can anybody help me on this?

Relevancy 68.37%

I've just installed WINXP Pro on my Dell Latitude D600, and all's well until I tried to set up my DSL internet connection. The router installation failed because it could not detect a Network Interface Card. Is this hardware/software and can anyone advise what I can do to obtain one or otherwise solve the problem?

Relevancy 68.37%

technical data for NIC Davicom 9102/A PCI

A:Network interface card

www.google.com

http://www.davicom8.com/

Amazing what you can find.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-interface-card.185690/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,
I want to check the speed of available network connection. How this can be accomplished?
Is there any ping facility available or I will have to use external available resources like speedtest.net?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

A:Network Interface Speed

What exactly are you testing, the Internet speed, or the speed locally within your network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-interface-speed.690913/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am looking into buying the ThinkCenter M900 Tiny, my main reason for the pick is the support of Intel vPro. But there is one thing that I would like get clearified. I was reading the tech specs on this page http://shop.lenovo.com/ca/en/desktops/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/m900/ For the "Wifi and bluetooth" colomb it says:WiFi and Bluetooth®2 x 2 802.11 a/c WLAN + Bluetooth® 4.0 + vPro? The machine also comes with an ethernet port, but I want to make sure that the ethernet port is used for the vPro VNC connection and not the wireless card. I am not sure why vPro is listed in front of the "Wifi and bluetooth" colomb.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/vPro-network-interface/td-p/3437977
Relevancy 68.37%

I've got an XP Sp2 virtual machine (Virtual PC 2004) that was networked and working fine. How when I start it up I can't access anything on the network so I did an ipconfig in a cmd which showed

Windows IP Configuration

that's it! No interfaces, no settings at all. Same in Network Connections, there are no interfaces!

So I went to device manager and saw the network adapter which shows "Intel 21140-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (Generic)". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but there is still no network device showing in either Network Connections or ipconfig.

I have rebooted but it still hasn't appeared.

Any ideas?

A:My Network Interface has disappeared!

Have you tried reinstalling the actual driver?
http://list.driverguide.com/list/company1002/index.html
*you will have to join (free)

There is information on the Intel site for upgrading the 2140 to 2143.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-network-interface-has-disappeared.548443/
Relevancy 68.37%

I want to uninstall my netowrk interface and then I think windows is supposede to reinstall it? If windows doesnt than I guess ill do it myself. I want to uninstall then reinstall it becuase it is corupted(I think) and someone from another topic told me to do this.

A:How do I unistall my network interface?

Go control panel, system, hardware tab --> device manager, find the device and then click Uninstall Driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-unistall-my-network-interface.45393/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have recently installed windows 7 (32bit) in my PC (Desktop) system. Earlier had Widows XP Professional. System has Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 1.80 GHz, 1 GB of RAM, Lenovo LN 530-TX PCI10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter. Now, system showing ethernet adapter software has not installed. Please let me know what LAN drive to be downloaded for resolving the issue. Where to download, if you have one please forward me...

Thanks in advance....

A:Need network interface driver

Hello Mrityunjaya. I have moved this post from networking and deleted your graphics post in hardware. Please only use this post going forward since these are all the same issue.

What you need to do is identify the mainboard manufacturer or the manufacturer of the system you have and then go to their web site to download the drivers you need.

This should be done before you installed windows 7 but we all have to learn the hard way first.

Of course you will need to do this driver download from another system since you don't have internet connectivity.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-network-interface-driver-677863.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My internet was acting up for over a month Howard had tried to help me with Interface Card Network running Hijack This and other programs and nothing seemed to Network Interface Card work The problem was that IE and Firefox would not work at all secure web sites would not work on AOL but AOL worked fine other than that We never did discover the problem after MANY attempts I finally gave in and wiped my hard drive yesterday only to boot it back up and discover I have NO internet now So I called my broadband company and a tech worked with me for an hour or more He discovered that when I click on the LAN connection that it says it s connected BUT when I use IE it says page not found for everything AOL now says no connection and windows update says no connection He did some more digging and found that I have no IP address He tried to force it to find one he tried uninstalling and reinstalling resetting the modem and several other tricks to no avail His final advice was to take it in and ask someone why my Network Interface card is not registering an IP Now we checked inside and it appears its integrated onto the motherboard Our question is a very uneducated question can we purchase a new non integrated card and install it bypassing the non working one Also could this be a sign of the hard drive or motherboard giving out No other problems are evident since the reformat and reinstallation of Win XP Thank you Laura nbsp

A:Network Interface Card

AOL now says no connectionClick to expand...

Well AOL never connects :haha:

To answer your question about the PCI Network card ( like Linkys or something right? ) You can get that and just disable the one onboard from the Device Manager

Hope I helped

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-interface-card.64871/
Relevancy 68.37%

I cannot get onto the Internet.
In Device Manage, my
Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3
Teredo Tunneling Adapter

All have the yellow triangle and the exclamation mark on them. Does this mean I need a new Networking PCI Card?
HP PAVILION P6745F DESKTOP PC
Have tried just about everything else to get online.
Thanks

A:Network Interface Card

HP Pavilion p6745 Desktop PC (QP697AA)

It comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - which I assume it's still running.

It has Realtek RTL8111E 10/100/1000 Mb/s ethernet.

Here is the driver (sp51333.exe) for it.

Download and save the sp15333.exe file, then close open windows, then double-click it to start the install process, then follow the directions.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-interface-card.1143658/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello first post I've been building a new system in my spare time I put in the specs when I registered Bought the motherboard in March other parts later on People suggested Intel had goofy bus enumeration on this board for no reason at all so Linux won't see the PCI slots They were right Linux may also require compiling code from Broadcom's site before the motherboard's LAN chip will work No new interface, system network DP43BF, This No network interface, DP43BF, new system was looking to be too difficult so I bought an OEM license for Seven -bit Professional Right after installing I put the Intel CD in the drive and installed chip driver LAN chip driver etc These might have had problems rebooting fewer times than normal installation not registering properly I am not sure I removed and reinstalled at least once I think XX is what I have now When I try to surf IE can't find the web page When I run Win 's network troubleshooter it thinks a network cable is disconnected The router DID in fact give my Intel machine a dotted quad I checked the router's internet interface from another machine I am running the default Windows services and the default HOSTS file on this new build I am NOT activating Seven until this is fixed BTW both Windows and Linux work on this machine with a USB wifi dongle That's how I got to Windows Update to patch the Intel box I got an updated LAN chip driver file from Intel's site but it did not resolve the problem Yes I have the ipconfig output It is here Code C Users Mike gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mikes-Quad-Core Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address Yes DHCP Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E BBA - F B- AE- - D FBD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Mike gt What do you say No DNS Bad LAN chip Broadcom Gigabit Bad products do slip out I know cough PC Power amp Cooling cough Any further tests I need to do I really don't want to get stuck with memory and an expensive processor that I can't use If this happens I'll probably get a Mac P S I installed XP -bit briefly delete quot test quot installs quickly respect software licenses It had the same symptoms just different dialog boxes didn't write down And - Linux distributions didn't see the LAN chip either

A:No network interface, DP43BF, new system

I got it working under Win 7. Linux will have to wait for another day.

I got a networking cable (gray, with blue tape extending 2-3 inches from each end) that only had 4 connectors, not 8. They are the 4 connectors in the center. I suppose I *_could_* use it for a US-style RJ-11 telephone cord. Someone on another forum suggested this 4-wire setup was used for old 10/10-base-T networking.

Anyway, replacing it with an 8-conductor cable (regular OR crossover) fixed things. In Windows. Windows works, so linux (and getting linux to see the PCI slots) can wait for now.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246054-no-network-interface-dp43bf-new-system.html
Relevancy 67.51%

My desktop computer will not recognize the network interface card, the network card is built into the mother board. It was working fine, then after rearraning the office (the computer was unpluged) we set the computer back up, it booted up fine, but the network interface card was not recignized by the computer, the computer is hooked up to a "D-LINK Ethernet 5 port Switch" along with 2 other computers. Which are at present working fine.

also oddly enough, there is no active floppy drive on the desktop computer, but one appeared, when the network card disapeared.

We hooked a laptop to the same network plug that the desktop was hooked too. and when i looked at it this morning, same thing, the network interface card was gone.

any comment would be helpfull

Confused,
CSJ

A:Problems with Network Interface Card

so it might be a problem with the port switch? does it disappear permanantly? or does it come back if you don't plug it into the port. what if you rearrange the set up in the port switch?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-network-interface-card.361990/
Relevancy 67.51%

I recently moved to Puerto Rico and the internet is making my gaming experience more of a nightmare than anything else. My question is would a Network Interface Card be worth installing, such as the K1 Killer NIC? I've built computers before but a better NIC never crossed my mind so I dont know how they work.

Relevancy 67.51%

My realtek ethernet card was working fine last night, but today I can't get any response. I've tried using different cables, and using a different port. I'm on a University networ and all my roommates connections are working fine. The LED on the card is on...but its not blinking and someone told me that it is supposed to be blinking if it is transferring data. Device manaager says its working properly. Any ideas, suggestions?

Relevancy 67.51%

I have been network process to Binding certain interface working on this for a week now and I ended up with ForceBindIP and ProxyCap but I still cant get things work the way I want them Binding process to certain network interface to And its driving me nuts I m also aware of the ROUTE command but I m not absolutely sure how it works I have tried it but I didnt manage to change the packet routes properly I want to be able to bind certain processes programs to certain Network Interface Cards Adapters I have and both are connected to different networks The problems with those programs are following Binding process to certain network interface ForceBindIP doesnt work on stuff that launches or more processes or the process I want to route to the said NIC is launched after the main bound process ProxyCap No option to route processes to local networking interface I need something median of these two a way to bind several processes to NIC Why do I want have to do this - I m streaming online games and I cant stream good quality with just one connection as both are only OK for one thing If anyone knows either how to bind process afterwards with forcebindIP use proxycap to route packets to local network interface or has any other solution please let me know I beg you nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

for my older computer. Thanks for letting me know I needed it. Now, back to my original question; To hook it up to the DSL Router, do I need a 5e patch cable? I just want to be sure that I order the correct thing. Thanks.

A:Okay, got my PCI network interface card ordered..

Yep, a standard CAT5/CAT5e patch cable is all you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/okay-got-my-pci-network-interface-card-ordered.609876/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

Whenever I have to select a network card in a non windows 8 compatible application, I just get a blank list whereas using a virtual computer or my friends laptop (who uses windows 7) will show the full list of available network interfaces. So I was wondering if there was a method to make sure the program sees the network cards.

I'm an industrial engineer automation, so I have to be able to connect with the devices I have to program. I'm sick of using a virtual computer with slows down my device, I hope someone can help me

The programs are not officially supported, so if you contact them they just say: we can't help you, you have windows 8.

PS. Compatibility mode does not work.
PS2. This only happens with NON compatible windows 8 applications.

Sincerely,
Sales

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32716-network-interface-card-selection.html
Relevancy 67.51%

what is configuration profile for network interface(NIC)?

If multiple network interface(NIC's) have different separate configuration profile means all configuration parameters were changed or only IP address?

Thanks,
swathi

A:Multiple network interface card

Sounds a lot like homework to me, as does your other question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-network-interface-card.822187/
Relevancy 67.51%

Our desktop PC won't connect to internet. Problem has occurred before and we've solved by going to Device Manager, found NIC, uninstalled the NIC and rebooted. Problem today is I can't locate either Device Manager or NIC. Can you help? Many thanks Gary

A:[SOLVED] Network Interface Card (NIC?)

Good to hear from you again, Gary. Pity it's because of a problem. You actually can't find (as in "it's not there") Device Manager??? Have you tried clicking "Start|Run" and typing "devmgmt.msc"? This command should start up Device Manager and then you should be able to uninstall/reinstall the NIC.

If this doesn't work then please let us know some more detail about the machine. When did it stop working? Did it stop after installing a Windows Update (perhaps SP3) or other software? Have you tried a System Restore back to before the problem occurred?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-network-interface-card-nic-407314.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello, This is my first post and to be a bit of an ignorant so and so I am stragith away jumping into asking a bone question. My apologies for taking advantage of your good nature like this.

My question is; I wish to monitor the traffic on a network card on a Vista computer as I am trying to figure out why an anti virus software is not running. I need to be able to see the messages that the AV update is giving out, i.e. requesting update from ... listening on port .... nothing heard ....

I don't even know if there is anything like this out there. If I am talking nonsense, my apologies.

Many thanks in advance

A:monitor network traffic on an interface

Hello mockingbirdfan

Welcome to TSF

We have a staff of techs who have a wide variety of skills and will be able to help you with your problem, This is not my area of expertise, and that one of the Team members who can help them will be along shortly.

regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/monitor-network-traffic-on-an-interface-218671.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Can someone please tell me how I can find out whether or not I have a 10Base-T Ethernet Network Interface Card?

Thanks

A:Ethernet Network Interface Card

If it has a RJ-45 jack on it, then it supports 10Base-T.
The plug and jack look like this: http://info.pcwebshop.ch/Glossar/images/rj-45.jpg

If it some more exotic hardware (Unix machine or some dedicated appliance), the same jack may be used for telephone or serial communications, but this is very unlikely.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-network-interface-card.45330/
Relevancy 67.51%

In local or remote capture sessions, how do I limit the capture to a give network interface?
Or is the filtering at view time? if so how do I specify the interface?
Also, is 802.11 promiscuous, over the air supported by the tool/cards.? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/66cc3aef-96c4-4d53-9a01-d0f56d93d6fc/selecting-a-network-interface-for-capture?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi. I am loooking (in Windows XP Home or Prof software) for a network install program (that I have seen before). The last screen gives you about 5 options:
One of the options is: DO Nothing
The last option is: "Make a disk to transfer settings to other computers on the network" (or something like that).

Clear as mud?
Thanks, Randy

A:Looking for Network Install dialog - XP

Hi, I think you want this, Network Setup Wizard

http://www.petri.co.il/what's_network_setup_wizard_in_windows_xp.htm

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/networksetupwiz.htm

http://www.geekgirls.com/windowsxp_home_network.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-network-install-dialog-xp.694010/
Relevancy 67.51%

My problem is the network Connections dialog box keeps appearing and it says Choose a connection under that there is a drop down box which says Broadband Connection. If I hit cancel on the box it goes away and connects to the other computer via router (datalink). But the dialog box pops up every two minutes and I have to hit cancel again to continue surfing the web. Can you tell me what the problem is? Thank you computer Gods
I have a wireless laptop running
XP 2002
SP2
1.5 GHZ
598 MHZ
400 MB RAM

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello With my laptop when using the internet (logged on with a broadband connection) the Network Connection dialog box keeps popping up on the screen, mainly when i go to a new web page asking me to "choose a network connection". I have several presets, 1. my local connection. 2. my wireless connection. 3 a Next G wireless connection. When the dialog box appears on the screen it will not load the new page until i click the cancel button on the dialog box. The problem first started about 4 weeks ago when my son was getting his mobile blue tooth phone to talk to my computer. It is a very annoying problem the dialog box continually popping up and stopping me from working. Would it be something to do with the blue tooth manager?? Does any one know how I can stop it from happening??
Thank you

A:Network connection dialog box

Uninstall the BT manager, and do a system restore to before the issue surfaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-dialog-box.670773/
Relevancy 66.65%

I've found threads that were similiar, but the suggested solutions are not working for me. What screenshots and information do you need to help me determine why I can't get 7 to even see that there's a named network it's connected to?

A:Getting 7 To Interface With Existing 2000 Named Network

Oh wow.

Several facepalms in this adventure.

First was finding that I needed to enable NetBios on the W7 machine.

While I was at it, I checked one of the W2K machines, (primary one with all sorts of shares on it), and turned on NetBios there too.

Rebooted, and while the other computers are not showing up in any of the network pages, doing a direct \\computername results in the associated machine opening up in a explorer window.

Going the other way, still could not find the W7 machine on the network.

Issue was "homegroup" settings, needed to change machine to being in a homegroup, same workgroup name, and then while the W7 machine does not show up in the W2K network, direct typing of the W7 machine's network name and the shared folder results in the W2K machine being able to open the folder, plus with the bonus of being able to read / write the folder.

Hey, overall, this is a bit wonky, but it's working now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246792-getting-7-interface-existing-2000-named-network.html
Relevancy 66.65%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
I just reinstalled W2000 pro on my home made computer since I could not fix the blue screen problem I wrote about yesterday. I have a Asus P4S8X-MX motherboard and I am using DSL from Verizon. My other computer using XP is hooked up to this same router and working ok.

I cannot get the W2000 computer to access the internet. What do I have to do to get it to work? The NIC is built in to the motherboard. It used to work before I reinstalled windows.

TIA Gary

A:Solved: Network Interface card not working

I found the CD that has the drivers on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-interface-card-not-working.517947/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Tech guys,

Each time when I highlight the 2 network interface card on my laptop, first one is the Ethernet card and the second one is the wireless card right click and select Bridge connections it automatically disable my wireless interface card instead of creating a new virtual bridge connection.
Is the first time happen before I am able to create a new virtual bridge connection without problem.
Regard Stuckfree,
Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/302686-can-not-bridge-2-network-interface-card-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

have you guys seen this? i have service pack 1 installed and i don't know why its sayin this cause it worked fine for about a week now with sp1.

Here is a screen shot

ps i am also getting a com+ surrogate error of some sort..any thoughts?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/130508-network-store-interface-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

The is VLAN id setting in some network/LAN interface ....
how can I ping this lan/network interface in XP ..any freeware can do it ???
Please advice...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ping-lan-network-interface-present-with-vlan-id.1020641/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, I have problem with my wireless connection. when I go to device manager, apparently there are missing devices and I get the HARDWARE IDS : PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_662711AD&REV_01

where I could get a suitable driver wireless ?
PLEASE HELP ME..!!!

A:Windows could not detect any wireless network interface

Hi from Sevenforums,

Could you please post a screenshot of device manager with network adapters open and your wireless adapter open under general?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332719-windows-could-not-detect-any-wireless-network-interface.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,

I have windows server 2008 installed on a pc witch i use exclusively to develop a website on localhost and it may be strange but i don't need an internet connection, actually it keeps me working rather then navigating on the internet.

And it kills me a diolog everytime i open firefox asking a connection to the internet. And it keep popping up. I actualy have an internet connection(PPPoE) that is workin but when i'm developing my website i want to disable the internet connection... but i didn't find a way to do that...

Putting firefox offline does not work, i can't navigate not even in localhost. Setting up a fake internet connection is not working either, it shows me a dialog that i have a problem with my network connection.

I know this is a vista forum but from what i know the network connection is the same in windows vista and windows server 2008.

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/224932-disable-connect-network-dialog.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm running Win8 Dev. Preview on a Dell Latitude D610 with a single-core 1.73Ghz processor, 2GB of RAM, and 256MB of video memory. I've been running Win8 for roughly 3 weeks with no problems. Now, for some unknown reason, the dialog box used to connect to wireless networks utterly refuses to open. No matter how many times I click it or how long I wait.

A:Windows 8 Network Connectivity Dialog Box won't come up

Hi there
1) Check that you aren't currently connected to a Wired Network as well
2) Check that the Wireless facility hasn't been turned off -- sometimes this is disabled in SOFTWARE - not only hardware
3) Check that the driver is still OK -- look in Device manager -- easiest way in W8 to get there is to choose Control Panel from the metro ui start screen - scroll down to the bottom and choose advanced so you get the "Classical Control panel" settings that you got used to in W7 / XP and then select system.

4) If it IS OK I'd uninstall and re-install the wireless driver.

5) Check other 3rd party Wireless set up / network software isn't stopping the standard W8 network setup from working -- some 3rd party software stops the standard Windows wireless setup functionality.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/3271-windows-8-network-connectivity-dialog-box-wont-come-up.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there just a little dialog Installing to in you Printers !!!! W8 use -- the have NETWORK reminder -- Installing Installing Printers in W8 -- you have to use the NETWORK dialog !!!! Printers on W isn't intuitive -- the normal method via the control panel will give problems as it always searches for existing devices These of course it won't find if they aren't locally attached to your W machine so you are up that very well known street without the paddle What you need to do is click on Network in Windows explorer Yes Network -- Installing Printers in W8 -- you have to use the NETWORK dialog !!!! I haven't gone Bonkers -- just yet now you'll see on the Menu Installing Printers in W8 -- you have to use the NETWORK dialog !!!! these items on the toolbar File Network and View Click on Network Now you'll see a ribbon containing such items as open Properties etc etc -- then ADD A PRINTER add printers and devices etc etc CHOOSE ADD A PRINTER gt find printer by othe options Then follow the dialog I've got a shared printer on my server with address blackdog epson photo printer but could be an IP address or whatever Then the driver will load from Windows automatically for your W machine and you can print If you look fore the quot classical way quot of doing it you won't find the dialog I think MS should perhaps clear this one up as if you don't know the trick it's not easy to find -- I googled a bit and it wasn't there but I remembered having this problem ages ago when I ist installed the preview edition Cheers jimbo

A:Installing Printers in W8 -- you have to use the NETWORK dialog !!!!

Hmm. Many ways to skin the cat, perhaps, But that is the way I have always done it, though Vista to Windows 8. Alternative , which has (mostly?) worked for me, is to use the standard supplied installation disks.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/3961-installing-printers-w8-you-have-use-network-dialog.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a network with XP as host (& access to internet) and a PC with 98se as a client. After MUCH trial & MANY errors I have file sharing, internet access and printer sharing. Very, very happy except for:
1 - The XP takes almost 1 minute to find the 98se. Then every thing is great.
2 - When stating or rebooting the 98se it can not find the XP UNTIL I log off. This is when I first get a dialog box (Enter Network Password). After explorer restarts everything is great until next start up.
This seems to be a setting, unchecked box or registry setting problem but I can not find anything to tweak to fix it.
ANY help or ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

A:Do not get Enter Network Password dialog box

instead of logging off or rebooting, can you please next time open a command prompt, and type:

ipconfig /renew

and then tell me if this sorts the problem. you may have to run this on both computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-not-get-enter-network-password-dialog-box.6617/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Windows XP Pro computer at work. When I start the machine, I normally login to our work domain thru the "Ctrl+Alt+Del" login dialog. The company domain is selected by default or you can select the local computer. The company domain is controlled by a server running Small Business Server 2003.

This computer is now going to be used at home for personnal use. How do I get rid of that "business" login and get back to the normal XP login? Normal XP login being the screen with the list of users and their associated icons.

Thanks

A:Remove Network Login dialog

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Change the way users log on or off

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remove-network-login-dialog.662661/
Relevancy 66.65%

Is There A Way To Allow A User To Login Into A Network Computer Within A Vb6 Program? If So, How. Thanks Ahead.

A:Creating Network Login Dialog Box W/vb6

Hi MORRIS,

I found out this page http://www.andreavb.com/tip030017.html which explains how to connect or disconnect a network drive in VB.
As I don't know what you want to connect exactly (a remote drive, a web application), I can explain you how to connect a web application : you get login & password in a form and you create an invisible instance of IE to access the web application.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-network-login-dialog-box-w-vb6.276843/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I am having a lot of users. If there is some way to disable the Network Properties. then please inform, it will be very useful....my main objective is that users should not be able to see there Ip by Right Clicking on the Network Places icon or some other way
OS is Windows Xp...

Waiting for a positive reply...

Regards

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 66.22%

i cannot access the properties of my network connections, all i get is a popup window
saying "unexpected error has occured"
i've tried microsoft suggestion of registering ole32 and netshell but these did not help.
i've scanned with av and malwarebytes and nothing shows in event viewer at the times i
try to access the properties button of any of my network connections.
please help
thank you for your time

A:cannot access network properties

Dont know if you have a wireless connection or no, but have you read this from microsoft?? Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272828/cannot-access-network-properties/
Relevancy 66.22%

Today, I turned on my secondary laptop (which hasn't been used in months) was greeted with a start up error which ended up needing to repair the "SYSTEM" boot partition . Now I got the system running but can't get any adapters to work. When I first logged in every network adapter had code 31(could not load driver). I was able to get around that by manually uninstalling each on and letting it re-install. Now each adapter has no properties so there is no internet connection at all. I mentioned the start up problem because I am not sure if the two are related at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:All network adapters have no properties.

Hi ben,

Did you install an updated version of the driver or the same one ? What is the exact model of the laptop
To get the model number enter this command

Code:
wmic computersystem get oemstringarray

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283170-all-network-adapters-have-no-properties.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I Network adapter properties could really use some help I have figured out what is causing my issue and will explain the best I can Relatively new network with wired desktop and wireless laptop through Netgear router I narrowed the issue down to Power Management of Network adapter properties the Wireless Network Adapter If the Wireless Network Adapter is set to its default properties including Power Management-- gt Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power when I fire up the laptop it connects right away but the problem is the Network Map is not correct the laptop doesn't show it's information including IPv If I manually uncheck and recheck the TCP Network adapter properties IPv box under Networking the network disconnects and reconnects and the map is good with the laptop showing its IPv address But if it goes back to sleep the next time it wakes Network adapter properties up and connects the map will be wrong So if I disable Power Management-- gt Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power the network map appears correct and the laptop shows it's IPv info problem is and it's a big one it takes one to two minutes to connect to the router So either I live with the wrong Network Map everything still is networked as I am using Homegroup or I live with a delayed connection to my wireless but the Network Map is correct This is a new laptop and I already reinstalled the Wireless Adapter there are no updates to the drivers I'm tempted to to do something related to TCP IP Perhaps reset it to default since there does seem to be some relationship to the IPv setting But I just don't know what to do at this point I'd really appreciate any help

A:Network adapter properties

Turn off that option to allow it to turn off the WiFi. If the system goes to sleep the WiFi will be turned off with it. If you are using the system you certainly don't want the WiFi to be turned off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249807-network-adapter-properties.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Last night we had a near lightning strike that I believe toasted my Inspiron 660 integrated 10/100/1000 Mbps ethernet adapter.  I just need some confirmation that I am correct and that the only option is to buy a new adapter.
Evidence:
1. There is no link light
2. The device manager no longer shows the wired adapter
I tried disabling and reenabling the LAN device in the BIOS Advanced devices. It had no effect.
Fortunately the wireless adapter still works but I'm a hardwired kinda guy and I like my internet by wire.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19994913
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Client of mine has got NAS LaCie d Network is installed on his LAN and it was mapped to a public ip address for an ADSL router Private ip address for NAS LaCie d Network is and it is mapped to x x not real WAN ip with port as can be seen below http tinypic com view php pic x amp s From any remote location when I type in in a LaCie via d2 WAN web interface Solved: Network connection Access NAS browser this ftp x x I can access the folder on the NAS LaCie d Solved: Access NAS LaCie d2 Network web interface via WAN connection Networ as can be seen on the snapshot below http i tinypic com zuidsw png Rather than driving to the client s site and access through his LAN I need to access the NAS remotely to update few configuration How can I remotely access web interface for LaCie d Network I tried to read Solved: Access NAS LaCie d2 Network web interface via WAN connection the documentation below but I could not locate Solved: Access NAS LaCie d2 Network web interface via WAN connection the section that is related to what I am looking for http www lacie com download manual d Network en pdf Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Is this Possible??

Here is the scenario

I provide support to the users remotely in different companies
I want one specific machine to get IP address from the same network and if in case the DHCP crashes i want it to get a static ip address from different subnet so that i should be able to connect to that machine remotely.

The above given scenario is for XP machine and not on linux

Please reply to this,as this will be a kind of disaster management for me.

Thanking you all in advance!!!

A:Binding two ip addresses to one Network Interface card in different Subnets

Yes you can bind more than one IP to a network interface. To do so, open the properties page for TCP/IP for your NIC. Then click the advanced button which will bring up another GUI. You should see at the top of the new window a box where your current IP is listed along with the ability to add, edit, and delete any IPs. Just click add and punch in the additional IP.

The problem you are going to have is if the new IP is on a different subnet (which would be case in most instances) is required to be routed outside of that local LAN segment you'll need to configure another router to be on that local LAN segment or you'll need to have a router which supports multiple subnets for routing. In addition, you'll have to add static routes to each configured workstation if you need to have traffic routed through the gateway for the new subnet. You can use multiple default gateway configurations on the Windows boxes. Microsoft says Windows will only use additional default gateways in a failover mode. But adding multiple default gateways to any endpoint be it workstation or server is never recommended unless you really know what you are doing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/binding-two-ip-addresses-to-one-network-interface-card-in-different-subnets.821619/
Relevancy 66.22%

In windows server which network interface do you set the tcp ip manually For The Dhcp I m Trying To Setup A Private Network And Connect it to the Internet The Scheme Is This Isp To Router Router To First Network Interface Which Is Server Internet Connection Second Interface Which Is Server Private Network Out To Second Router All Static IP s Must Fall In The - The After DHCP IS Set Up I Need Help With The DNS And manually, network do server which interface the For set 2003 tcp/ip In Th windows you Active Directory As Well As RRAS Thank You For Any Help In Advance hours ago - week left to answer Additional Details minutes ago Which Interface Do I setup Manually The One Which Is connected To The Router In turn Which Is Connected To My ISP OR The One Connected To My Private Network Please Contact Me In windows server 2003 which network interface do you set the tcp/ip manually, For Th Live On Messenger Shawndell h minutes ago Private Network Is Set To For IP Subnet Mask Gate At And DNS As It is Set To Obtain Automatically Which Has No DHCP AS It Will Have To Set To Be The DHCP Question Is How To I Set This Interface To Be The DHCP Please Someone Help I Will Be Gone All Day Tommorow And Gone Saturday Until After pm minutes ago Please More Detailed I m A Newbie When I Comes To Setting Up A Server I Need I Walk Through nbsp

A:In windows server 2003 which network interface do you set the tcp/ip manually, For Th

Sounds like you got two many routers in the mix. Lets keep it simple! I always set Static IP's on all my servers even if they have two interfaces.

I would just have my Modem, 1 Router/switch and all my pc's and server connected to the router. I assume you have ethernet ports on the router as well which act as a switch. Set a static IP on your Server. Disable the DHCP functionality of your router. Enable DNS and DHCP on your Server.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-windows-server-2003-which-network-interface-do-you-set-the-tcp-ip-manually-for-th.688353/
Relevancy 66.22%

In order to accommodate new devices (Tablets ) on SCCM build environment, we have to switch all machines to UEFI only mode.  After upgrading the 8300 machines BIOS to the latest version, we do have UEFI options but no UEFI network boot sources option is available. Consequently we cannot PXE boot the machines of network to build them.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Elite-8300-SFF-UEFI-only-mode-No-network-interface-as-boot/td-p/5659135
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I am currently Network probably - related Service to BSOD Store Interface facing an issue with constant BSOD a few seconds after Windows startup After eliminating most services in BSOD - probably related to Network Store Interface Service safe mode it seems that whenever I start the OS with Network Store Interface Service disabled the system works fine put aside minor inconvenience of totally lacking network connectivity Last night I was troubleshooting a problem of a game not being able to connect to a server Following the FAQs I changed some network card properties disabled offload for TCP UDP and IPv That issue was finally resolved by adding the application as allowed to Windows Firewall settings Everything worked fine then The crashes started after reboot I tried uninstalling network card which caused all the settings to reset to default when it was reinstalled by PnP but it did not help Also sometimes the system would seem stable after startup but simple right click on network icon in system tray triggered BSOD in cases BSOD info SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION x b Exception code xc I am running Vista Ultimate x with SP

A:BSOD - probably related to Network Store Interface Service

Hello Bhimasena, and welcome to the forums,

A quick search around points to this error being caused by a misbehaved driver trying to access protected memory, most examples have pointed to graphics drivers but could of course be related to Network drivers,

you may want to try to get the latest drivers from the network card manufacturers website, the database used by MS is often out of date, as things move so quickly in drivers at the moment, so the update drivers option in device manager will often say drivers are the latest when newer items exist,

if possible I would also try to fit an alternate NIC temporarily to see if that solves the issue (that does assume of course that you have access to such things)

this site is a useful resource for BSOD errors

Troubleshooting Windows STOP Messages

Not a nice simple answer I'm afraid but hopefully may point in the right direction

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/185069-bsod-probably-related-network-store-interface-service.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi all So the issue I m having started occurring in July this year and it is this after leaving my PC running for about - days without a reboot I noticed that one of the svchost exe processes was hogging a large amount of memory about GB Using the instructions fromthis page I separated out the services running under this single process into separate svchost processes rebooted and left my PC on for another days The same symptoms occurred in terms of Interface leaking Service Store memory Network high memory Network Store Interface Service leaking memory usage and the offending service is called quot nsi quot or Network Store Interface I ve been troubleshooting this issue for a while now and am not sure how to tell what is causing this service to consume such high memory If anyone can help me solve this I d be grateful My PC s spec Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Network Store Interface Service leaking memory Free - MB Motherboard Network Store Interface Service leaking memory ASUSTeK Computer INC M N -AM SE Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I ve attached screenshots of the process and service This is my first post so let me know any info that I ve left out which would be useful Regards Liam nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-store-interface-service-leaking-memory.1108607/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am working on my neice's Satellite M35X-S149 and the Internet Connection was working, but its telling me that the wireless network interface is disabled and I can't find how to enable it.

Relevancy 66.22%

In windows server which network interface do you set the tcp ip manually For The Dhcp I m Trying To Setup A Private Network And Connect it to the Internet The Scheme tcp/ip For set windows server you which do network In Th interface manually, the 2003 Is This Isp In windows server 2003 which network interface do you set the tcp/ip manually, For Th To Router Router To First Network Interface Which Is Server Internet Connection Second Interface Which Is Server Private Network Out To Second Router All Static IP s Must Fall In The - The After DHCP IS Set Up I Need Help With The DNS And Active Directory As Well As RRAS Thank You For Any Help In Advance hours ago - week left to answer Additional Details minutes ago Which Interface Do I setup Manually The One Which Is connected To The Router In turn Which Is Connected To My ISP OR The One Connected To My Private Network Please Contact Me Live On Messenger Shawndell h minutes ago Private Network Is Set To For IP Subnet Mask Gate At And DNS As It is Set To Obtain Automatically Which Has No DHCP AS It Will Have To Set To Be The DHCP Question Is How To I Set This Interface To Be The DHCP Please Someone Help I Will Be Gone All Day Tommorow And Gone Saturday Until After pm minutes ago Please More Detailed I m A Newbie When I Comes To Setting Up A Server I Need I Walk Through nbsp

A:In windows server 2003 which network interface do you set the tcp/ip manually, For Th

Double post
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/688353-windows-server-2003-network-interface.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-windows-server-2003-which-network-interface-do-you-set-the-tcp-ip-manually-for-th.688352/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello experts,
I am trying to configure the counter for measuring the network interface bandwidth using perfmon I have configured the counter by adding the network interface->Microsoft Hyper-V Adaptor->Total bytes/sec, now the bandwidth is shown in bytes/sec I want
to measure it in Mbps so where I have make changes, Please advice.
Thanks
Frank

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0205d0cf-c2bd-4e13-92e3-a438793ac6d5/adding-perfmon-counter-for-network-interface-bandwidth-usage?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 65.36%

HI, dell has informed me that my problem with my PC Is that windows 7 can't reconize the local network interface driver and told me that it's a software issue. I reinstalled the local network interface driver from the original cd that came with the PC and 2x's restored the computer to another time and then restored it back to the factory settings-with a Dell tech on the phone- nothing helped. This problem started one morning when lighting was felt/heard very close to our home and in fact burned out our verizon moden/box that Verizon replaced. From this point I wasn't able to go on line because there was no local network avail for verizon to connect to is how I understand it.
Can anyone help?????
Thank you in advance for any and all ideas or advice!
Bob

A:windows 7 can't reconize with local network interface driver software

Dell Support, along with most OEM support, is crap. The best place for support with Windows computers is this forum. Anyways, you mean LAN Ethernet driver right? Could you please go into Device Manager and tell me the model name and manufacturer of your Ethernet device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/167424-windows-7-cant-reconize-local-network-interface-driver-software.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Alright, so there was a post in 2007 about this same problem with a user named macrae and short story of it is I did IPCONFIG, got 169.254... And typed IPCONFIG/RENEW and there was an error and it was unable to contact my DHCP server. Request has timed out. Typed in IPCONFIG/ALL and from the normal interface that most get when they type this in, I had a differnce in that IP Routing Enabled came up as no, and WINS Proxy Enabled came up as no. Otherwise I have a physical address, my Dhcp is enabled, auto configuration is enabled, subnet mask is 169.254... And my subnet mask is 255.255... And there is no default gateway....
Help?
-disgruntled student

A:error occured while renewing interface wireless network connection

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-occured-while-renewing-interface-wireless-network-connection.1020248/
Relevancy 65.36%

For those interested and still using Ethernet, there's a new set of drivers for the official Realtek Network Interface Controllers 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet

Realtek Network Interface Controllers 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet RTL8111/8168 Lan Driver (Win 7 32/64)

Software: Drivers & Utilities

RTL8111B/RTL8168B/RTL8111/RTL8168
RTL8111C/RTL8111CP/RTL8111D(L)
RTL8168C/RTL8111DP/RTL8111E
RTL8168E/RTL8111F/RTL8411
RTL8111G/RTL8111GUS/RTL8411B(N)
RTL8118AS

version: 7.090
date: 2014/11/28
file size: 6021k

Realtek v7.090

A:Realtek Network Interface Controllers 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet

Thanks for the info I just went to device manager and clicked on my gigabit Ethernet and checked for updates and it found a update

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/353656-realtek-network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit-ethernet.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Whenever I try to change my network connections I get the following error:

Cannot write phonebook.
Error 624: The system could not update the phone book file.
I am also having other issues that may or may not be related see threads:

http://forums.techguy.org/t294765.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294528.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294305.html

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-properties-of-network-connections.294815/
Relevancy 65.36%

Has anyone seen an issue with trying to access the properties of a network share and getting absolutely nothing? Just upgraded to Win10 from 7. We are in a windows 2008 domain with 2012 and Win 10 machines.
We have regular accounts and admin accounts. The regular account can see get properties for the folders/shares that it has access to. The admin account, when run using "run as a different user" cannot generate the properties dialog box at all. This worked fine on Win 7.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45581-windows-10-network-share-properties.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I’m using Windows 2000 server, the NIC card as 2 ip address I’m trying to remove one of the address as I moved the Web Page to a different computer But when I right click on the network neighborhood I get the hourglass for 3 sec. And then nothing. I tried restarting the server in safe mode with network support (same result). I tried replacing the NIC Still I could not access the TCP/IP configuration. I’m wondering if there is a way to remove the address from the command prompt or some other way.

Thank you.

Sqwerty_L

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-neighborhood-properties-problems.68772/
Relevancy 65.36%

as you can see the properties button does not lit up and remains grey out although i click on IPV4, why is this happening? i was open it a few years ago

A:Unable to configure network properties

Have you done this? Change TCP/IP settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282106-unable-configure-network-properties.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I believe I messed up the network settings on my machine not via the router but via control panel when you right click on the Local Area Connection gt Properties gt IPv IPv and some network reset properties? Completely all more places I can't remember and that's the problem Another thing is when I type ipconfig all I Completely reset all network properties? see that DHCP is not enabled and I remember it used to be enabled In IPv and IPv properties everything is set to automatically so I dont know why web pages take too long to load Mbps connection the rest of computers on the network are surfing the web fast I also get an error a few times a day where the little symbol of the LAN in the taskbar has a yellow exclamation mark and I need to right click and do the Troubleshoot problems and at the end I always get quot The default gateway was not available quot and it's fixed but keeps coming back I tried something I found on Microsoft help page and ran the following cmd netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt That didn't help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402610-completely-reset-all-network-properties.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm having major problems with my ip configuration settings I want to be able to use a fixed ip address and gateway for my wireless network connection The problem is that after I've properties BSOD network changing after changed the configuration of the IP version connection properties to the fixed ip I want to use and ok it My system crashes with a Stop error Bsod implicating the file tcpipreg sys as the culprit I ve tried disabling Ip version as I thought that maybe they were clashing somehow but other than that it seems I m stuck using DHCP which is annoying as the reason I am trying to switch off DHCP is to solve another problem Namely that Every BSOD after changing network properties time I BSOD after changing network properties start up my computer my connection shows Limited or no connectivity and I am forced to either Diagnose and Repair my connection or ipconfig renew in order to get an outside connection The adapter is a Realtek RTL and is an integrated device on my Asus P N -SLI Premium Motherboard

A:BSOD after changing network properties

I'm wondering if this helps anything.

This is from WinDbg.
Sorry it makes this such a long post.

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.8.0004.0 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP]
Kernel Summary Dump File: Only kernel address space is available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Vista Kernel Version 6000 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 6000.16575.amd64fre.vista_gdr.071009-1548
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02000000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0219af70
Debug session time: Fri Jan 11 12:23:45.207 2008 (GMT+0)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:38.097
Loading Kernel Symbols
............................................................................................................................................................................
Loading User Symbols
PEB is paged out (Peb.Ldr = 000007ff`fffd3018). Type ".hh dbgerr001" for details
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffa8007ed2ff8, 1, fffff98006b5dfef, 0}

Page 4ffb8 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 5037a not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 500cb not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4fdc9 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4ff0a not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4ff0a not present in the dump file. Type &qu... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-changing-network-properties-210744.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, I'm stumped as to why Explorer crashes whenever I try to view properties on any of my network connections. Its quite possible that I've messed something up in one of many tweaks. I just don't know when it happened.

The event viewer shows the following error:

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2649, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037e9f."

Is it possible to re-install just the networking components for WinXP, or do I have to do a full fresh install?

Inso

Relevancy 65.36%

I am not able to access or change my network settings.

Windows XP Home SP 3

I do the following:

Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties.

Then get these error message

"Some of the controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more other Network property sheets
are already open. To use these controls, close all these property sheets and then reopen this one"

Tried rebooting, tried disabling local area connection then rebooting and re-enabling still no luck.

Only other thing I can think of is that I tried VMWare (new browser version) did not like and uninstalled it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:unable to access network properties

For diagnostics: Boot in a safe mode with networking and try if it works....Begin tapping the F8 key every few seconds as the system boots up until the screen offering the Safe Mode option appears.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211109/unable-to-access-network-properties/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
What can be keeping me from accessing Network Properties of my Dial-up?
I open the shortcut icon, then right-click on my dial-up, but nothing happens.
I have a working thread going ( in this forum titled Possible Bug? ) regarding a problem with Generic Host Process errors, and need to get into the properties to enable the simple Windows firewall, in SP1. I've tried in Safe Mode too.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
patmac

A:Solved: Can't Access Network Properties

You will need to delete and recreate your dial-up connection. Make sure you save any phone numbers that it dials and any usernames/passwords.

I used to work tech support for earthlink, and that was the only thing we could do to resolve this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-network-properties.503478/
Relevancy 65.36%

When I go to my network connections and attempt to display the properties of my dial up modem properties(my default internet connection with MSN)...so that I can enable the firewall...nothing happens. Nothing. The computer doesn't hang, no error message pops up. It just doesn't respond. I have tried several times with this problem. Microsoft had me uninstall all of my network connections and then reinstall to see if that changed anything...but nothing. I had this issue once before but can't remember what I did to correct it.
I'm running Win XP on an AMD 850 Athlon PC Clone with 512MB RAM, with a 100GB HD.
If anyone has encountered this or can offer any help I'd be very grateful.

A:Dial up network properties won't display!

How are you access it? Have you tried within IE and selecting Tools, Internet Options, and the Connections tab?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-network-properties-wont-display.72479/
Relevancy 65.36%

I am working on someone's XP Pro SP2 Box, and I cannot change the properties of any network connection. When I right click on the connection and click properties is says "Do not have sufficient privileges, contact your administrator"

I am the Administrator, logged in as the administrator account, and the machine is not on a domain.

Any Ideas what setting could cause this, and where it is?
I wasnt even aware you could lock administrator out...

Thanks -
Mike

Relevancy 65.36%

If I change the folder properties accessing a shared folder (say pictures) over my home network, will it alter the folder's properties on the drive on which it resides or just the folder on the machine I am using to access the folder?

I am accessing my pictures folder on my desktop from my laptop from the other side of my house. The pictures and videos folders are set to "general items", the customize tab of the properties on the folder is set to "general items" when I access it from the laptop. If I switch the pictures to "pictures" and videos to "videos" on the laptop, will it alter the folder in the desktop on which the folder resides?

Hope this is clear enough, Thanks for any help, I have a hard time with sharing and permissions.

A:Folder properties when sharing over network

If you are able to connect to the folder, either locally or over the network, and managed to change it, then it will or should be changed. I'm sure you are not referring to doing ith with different user profiles, right? Best way is to try it and find out

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50820-folder-properties-when-sharing-over-network.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

A:Network Connection Properties not Opening

Originally Posted by rat170

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

Do you have a backup you can restore from? thats a quick easy fix for it.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246852-network-connection-properties-not-opening.html