Windows Support Forum

New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug.

Q: New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug.

Finally broke down and started building a new system - I m too old to game this all started out as a home video project Anyway - gathered all my components now I m working to assemble them The case power plug. fan power New for supply, no schematic, looking came with New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug. an Okia Model -ATX power supply But no wiring schematic I m trying to identify the power supply fan plug - what New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug. seems to be it doesn t at all match the connector on the board And I ve got that positively identified by the board manual The board has a small male pin connection The only thing I can find that might be the fan connector coming from the supply is a small pin plug at the end of of the New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug. strings of drive power harnesses Nothing tucked up behind the supply case or anything Is that likely to be it Or would that be for a floppy or something I tried to Google for a wiring schematic but could find nothing In fact nothing much at all on this brand of supply - just a couple places that sell them Please don t tell me I got an el cheapo that isn t worth having At the risk of getting ahead of myself in case I need to adapt something like that to the different style male connector on the board in this case or something else I may find as i progress is there some type of source for adapters or what would I do Bear with me this probly won t be the last question I ll dream up - just getting started While I m at it - the board manual talks about a connector for a power supply that senses board temps - that s another reason I d like to find a schematic or some sort of instructions for the power supply OH The connectors for the fans in the case don t match the connector on the board either The board has another small male pin connector for the case fan s but these have a larger bigger pin pin connector Again - I suppose it s adapter time Guess I ll need that source Thanks for helping an quot old quot computer student still and probly always in a definite learning curve nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug.

There are basically two voltages available to you: 5V and 12V. Doesn't really matter where you get it from - some pin on the mobo or some wire from the PSU.

From the PSU the yellow wires are 12V and red ones 5V, black is ground. The fan voltages should be written on the fan itself, the black fan wire is ground, red may be 12V or 5V depending on the fan voltage.

Fan headers on the motherboard should be labelled so, check with a voltmeter what pin gives out what.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-power-supply-no-schematic-looking-for-power-fan-plug.35253/
Relevancy 111.37%

Sorry I don't know the proper terms, but basically the pin inside the jack where the power cord gets plugged into on my laptop was bent so that it's really hard for me to plug in my power cord and have it stay in place. My warranty with best buy has expired, so I need to figure out how to solve this problem on my own. I can't just leave it like this because the cord comes out really easily and I can't continue to work with such a tenuous setup. Anyway, is this just a matter of replacing the entire unit inside my laptop? I know you probably need more information, but I'm not sure what to provide, so please ask any questions. The laptop is a Toshia M-45, about 3-4 years old. Thanks in advance

A:Bent power supply pin - Hard to plug in power cord

umm.. bend it back so it's closer to normal? That's all I can say about it. usually works for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bent-power-supply-pin-hard-to-plug-in-power-cord.820239/
Relevancy 98.47%

Hallo,I use a IdeaPad 100S (Win 10). Sometimes I use this Laptop for a couple of hours. Here is my question: Is it better to plug the power supply while working or is it better to use the battery till it is empty (~20%)? Or what is the best solution to save the battery.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/plug-the-power-supply-or-use-the-battery/td-p/3365365
Relevancy 97.61%

Yesterday my power supply was blown up (fuse). So i bought the power supply (PS HEC 300W) and plug in my compter which is assembly with Intel Desktop Board D845GEBV2 mounted with Celeron 2.0GHz. If i am not wrong, it is compatible with my mother board right. But there is problem after switch it on the power. First i switch on the main switch in the power supply. And i realised that the CPU fan is running although i didn't switch on the power from the front panel of my system unit. The LED for the harddisk in the front pannel also light up even though i didn't connect power to the hard disk. Is it the Mainboard problem.

A:Motherboard problem after plug in new power supply

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

I see from pic on intel your board has two power plugs,
did you plug in the 4 pin plug as well as the 20 pin?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-problem-after-plug-in-new-power-supply.34452/
Relevancy 97.61%

Hallo,
I use a IdeaPad 100S (Win 10). Sometimes I use this Laptop for a couple of hours.

Here is my question:

Is it better to plug the power supply while working or is it better to use the battery till it is empty (~20%)? Or what is the best solution to save the battery.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:Ideapad 100s - plug the power supply or use the ba...

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Doing charge cycles of full to empty can be hard on a laptop battery.  If you are going to have the laptop plugged in and you will be working on it for a extended period of time then why not take advantage of the Conservation Mode option that the Lenovo Settings app has to offer.  With the Conservation Mode enabled it will maintain your battery's charge in the 55 to 60% range rather than continually charging it to 100%.  This will help extend the overall life of the battery.  In the event you can foresee the need to go portable then switch the Conservation Mode Off and let it fully charge.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100s-plug-the-power-supply-or-use-the-battery/td-p/3365365
Relevancy 96.32%

Probably need new power supply as on/off switch on back of computer does nothing (won't turn computer on or off by that switch).

However, the ritual I seem forced to follow makes me wonder if that is my only problem--- Let me explain:

Hitting the switch on the front of the computer doesn't usually result in starting the computer-- but what does start it is to unplug the chord from the back of the computer and then plug it back in (unpluggin/pluggin in at surge protector doesn't usually have same results).

I leave machine running 24/7 and it works fine--- however, I am concerned that I want it repaired before it fails altogether.

Your help would be appreciated
letchworth

A:Switch on Power Supply bad-- and need to plug cord in to start

Having to remove the cord to start is usually indicative of a PSU fault.
Though unplugging or turning off should have the same effect.

PS a "chord" is a series of three or more musical notes...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switch-on-power-supply-bad-and-need-to-plug-cord-in-to-start.560514/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi All,

I am trying to find the solution of the problem:

My laptop Equium A200 1V0 freezes up as soon as I plug in the AC power supply. I have already tried the new battery and new ac power adapter after reading some solutions from internet but so far no luck. It works fine without the ac plug'in but as soon as I join the power supply it freezes up and I have to force shutdown the machine which is not good.

I would be very grateful to you if anyone can please give me the solution in detail to the above mentioned problem and also let me know the cause of this trouble as well?

Thanks for reading this thread and for your effort.

Regards,

pat3l

A:Equium A200-1V0 - Freezes up after plug in the AC power supply?

Hey,

Do you use an original Toshiba AC/DC adapter? In my opinion the problem must be related to AC/DC adapter or mainboard itself?

Important is that you use Toshiba parts only so test it with an original Toshiba AC/DC adapter. If it doesn?t work it seems that the mainboard is malfunctioning. Such serious hardware issues can only be fixed from an authorized service provider so you should contact the guys and ask for help. ;)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62764-Equium-A200-1V0-Freezes-up-after-plug-in-the-AC-power-supply
Relevancy 96.32%

I am looking for a power supply that is adaptable to -volt and -volt source for my Dell Latitude D I am having a problem with identifying its tip that plugs into the laptop I know these things have names or numbers but I have no way of identify to Solved: supply's power this plug/tip laptop Need identifying mine Checking its dimensions with a digital caliper the outside diameter of its barrel is appx mm or inches The inside diameter of its barrel to the best of my ability to measure it with this tool is mm or inches The pin in the center is wire thin possibly smaller than a mechanical pencil s fine lead The charger I m looking at presently Solved: Need to identify this laptop power supply's plug/tip is this one but I might change my mind as I haven t satisfied myself this is the best I can do for the Solved: Need to identify this laptop power supply's plug/tip capacity and the money I would really rather have one with a - to -watt rating but that s beside the point of my question right now I have included a scan of the charger s tip that fits nbsp

Relevancy 96.32%

Hello all: I used the search but didn't find a direct answer to my consern. I am finally going to upgrade mother boards. The old Mobo was called "baby" ATX when I got it about 4 years ago. The newer Mobo I am looking at are called "micro" ATX. Is there a differance in power supply plugs between "baby" and "micro"?? I really want to keep the current power supplies since they are only about 3 years old and are good quality Antec 400watts. (and very Quiet)

The only thing I read was comments about 20 pin vs 24 pin. This would be online orders so getting answers about the Mobo is not always easy? Take a chance? Are there cables to fix the possible mis-match? Thanks for any info... agpilot

Relevancy 86.86%

im not sure is this the right place to post, please help me.my laptop had a video problem before, although it's now fixed, but there's some problem with the AC adaptor. when the AC adaptor is plugged in, my laptop crash immediately. at first i thought this would be a hardware problem or the ac adaptor itself, but then i found that even when the ac adaptor is plugged in, if it's in safe mode or should i say if it's not in WINDOW mode, it won't crash. i check ad test in safe mode, but still dont know why, my conclusion for now is something (software, programme) that are activate when in window mode are preventing/rejecting the ac adaptor.
and its quite obvious, but without the ac adaptor, i can run window mode normally. please if anyone knw what happen to my laptop please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crash-when-power-supply-is-plug-in-but-not-crash-in-safe-mode.744651/
Relevancy 85.14%

Toshiba Satellite L305-5955, Ive taken apart and replaced power jack. Not directly soldered to motherboard. While still apart, and battery out/in, connected power supply and still absolutely no response. Power supply is NOT original, and slightly different specs, i.e original 19v..6.3A

current 19v..3.1A

A:Toshiba Satellite L305-5955 does not respond to power supply, new power jack

Almost certainly the problem is that the current rating is wrong, if the laptop needs
6.3 A of current, it won't function on less (just as you can't use a 3A fuse for a kettle!)
Unfortunately it must be the right current rating, I know, I've been caught that way too!
Maybe you can exchange it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l305-5955-does-not-respond-to-power-supply-new-power-jack.179540/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi,
I picked up this Alienware 5700 off ebay to hopefully refurbish for my son but I'm new at this and still learning and so this thing has me baffled. The laptop is in pristine condition but shows no signs of life. When I plug in the power supply the green light on the power supply goes from solid green to blinking rapidly to the point you can barely see it. To me that would mean a short somewhere right ? If so where ? Has anyone else ever had experience with something like this ? I just don't want to go buying a new battery for a laptop that maybe fried already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:No power, no lights but green light on power supply blinks rapidly

Remove the laptops battery and try the AC power only. If the green light does the same, it still could only be a bad AC adapter, or at worst, a shorted laptop motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-no-lights-but-green-light-on-power-supply-blinks-rapidly.174252/
Relevancy 85.14%

I m interested in the Toshiba G laptop but have heard that you can t use it on airplane seat power It comes with a W AC power supply Vx A but I ve been told that most airlines limit seat power to - W max Lind sells a V car adaptor for the G but specifically won t include an airline plug for this reason which I can get independently of course I ve read some interesting electrical discussions on this board Can ya ll comment on the following or provide any general advice about power consumption Given that the voltage of the laptop and airline seat power pretty much match up - V if the amp draw on the laptop exceeds what the airline power supply can deliver what will happen Will it damage the laptop to feed it insufficient current Will it shut down Supply, Power Airline 120W limitations Toshiba Power G25-AV513, the laptop altogether Merely dim the screen If I remove the laptop battery which requires power to charge it how much will that reduce the power Toshiba G25-AV513, 120W Power Supply, Airline Power limitations need of the laptop I m not sure how to work the Toshiba G25-AV513, 120W Power Supply, Airline Power limitations math but the spec sheet states the battery supplies mAh at A output Does it require the same to charge it Most importantly on my hour transpacific flights will the DVD player work with that ultrabrite screen at the low airline power supply A nice feature of the laptop is that you can watch DVDs without powering up the Windows operating system it has a small linux OS for the DVD player Granted the DVD drive and screen are probably of the most power hungry devices Has anyone used a G or a similar W laptop on a plane The ToshibaDirect support staff were mum on the issue probably for legal reasons Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-g25-av513-120w-power-supply-airline-power-limitations.29934/
Relevancy 85.14%

Yesterday in my house,electric fuse was switched to turn on cooker in my kitchen. During this power delivery was stopped for 4-5 second only.
When power back on then pc automatically turns on and just before bios show me :"?Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit.
Press F1 to continue.? And then pc booted fine to Windows.

Is this normal ? Did it damage something? Why i get that message is this normal?

PC:
6700K stock
16GB DDR4
Asus Z170-P
Corsair 750 RM
Gtx 1080
SSD 1x

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66598-power-supply-surges-detected-during-previous-power-asus-anti-su.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Ever since i got this new motherboard and CPU ive been having a bit of a nightmare Wont Gigabyte Power up ga-ma790fx - Phenom AMD 9850 Supply & Power with it Gigabyte ga-ma fx-ds -Latest Bios AMD Phenom Black Edition gigs PC ram Corsair XMS CM X - ATI Radeon The problem is that the motherboard will NOT power up at all with the of the latest power supplies watt i have It wont work at all with Nothing happens its just dead Arctic watt Jeantech PSU brand new and working Corsair watt HX PSU working It only seems to work with my Jeantech Watt PSU and i cant for the life of me figure out why Ive tried everything to get the board to work with the new PSU s I had thought that the PSUs i got were dodgy but after testing out one in an older PC it worked fine Ive removed all parts and tried powering up and i cant get it to boot up But the PC seems to work fine with the oldish watt PSU which i find just unbelievable Can anyone help with this nightmare Now on the Gigabyte site the CPU i have isnt listed as supported by this motherboard which is kinda worrying could this be the reason If so how the old Power Supply Wont Power up - Gigabyte ga-ma790fx & AMD Phenom 9850 PSU boots up I just want to have the fracking thing working with the right PSU nbsp

A:Power Supply Wont Power up - Gigabyte ga-ma790fx & AMD Phenom 9850

if I read the specifications right on your mobo... it implies that it has the 4 pin PCI-e input(power) but it also has the 8pin ATX power conector. (it may be simply removing a cap that is actually right next to the 4 pin connector, thus making it an 8 pin connector (thats how it was on my mobo)

Try using the 8pin power with your new PSU, see if that works.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-wont-power-up-gigabyte-ga-ma790fx-amd-phenom-9850.112038/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Dell 8600 about two years old. When I plug in the AC adapter, it intermittently fades to the battery as though the plug was pulled out (its not) and of course the screen fades in an out when every time it swithces--it does it every 30 to 60 seconds or so. I switched to a different AC adapter (I have a Dell 600M with the same AC adapter)-same thing so I know it is something internally. Any ideas?

A:Dell Laptop Power Supply Fading In and Out--power jack is bad or loose?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-laptop-power-supply-fading-in-and-out-power-jack-is-bad-or-loose.472044/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, I just bought an HP pavilion e9300 a few week ago. And I am going to upgrade the power supply so that I can get a new graphic card--ATI 4870 which requires at least 500 watt power supply. My current computer is shipped with a 350 watt power supply. I will probably get a 650 watt considering the 70% effeciency of power supply.
However, when I talked to an HP technician, he insisted that I could go for a power supply with no more 450 watt. Because the system I just got has a motherboard which has a max power limit 450 watt. He said if I go beyond that, the motherboard will burn out.
So what shall I do? I really want to get ATI 4870 work well on my computer.
Thx very much.

A:Does power supply with higher power rating really burn motherboard?

The long answer is "No".
Just be sure of the dimensions of the power supply before you order a replacement, as HP uses some pretty strange sizes sometimes, and you want the new one to fit with room to spare.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-power-supply-with-higher-power-rating-really-burn-motherboard.148700/
Relevancy 84.71%

It's been a while since I built a system from scratch and have a... errr... simple question

gfx: Sapphire HD3850 512MB Ultimate (passive)
http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overview.php?gpid=225&grp=3

MB: MSI P35 Neo2 FIR
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=1261&maincat_no=1

PSU: Seasonic M12II 500W
http://www.seasonic.com/product/pc_retail.jsp

The motherboard has a power connector for the graphic card next to the slot.

Is there any reason I should connect the power for the card to the power connector on the board instead of directly to the power supply?

A:Graphic card power to power supply or connector on motherboard?

First time I have ever seen that feature. I like it. I'm thinking that is a neat/easy way to partially eliminate cable clutter from the PSU. Give it a shot, you can always revert to PSU cable if you wish.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-power-to-power-supply-or-connector-on-motherboard.705154/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a Sony VGC-RB42G computer. I recently moved my computer, cleaned off all the dust, and when I plugged everything back in, it won't power up. The light on the power supply blinks green, inside the motherboard also has a green light that blinks as well. It has a ticking sound too, but I am not sure if it is coming from the power supply or the motherboard. Any idea what could be wrong.

FYI, I have already unplugged everything from the power supply, pulled out the ram, checked the battery, and put everything back together and still no change. One thing I thought was strange was after I unplugged everything, I pulled the power into the power supply again and this time the green light came on but did not blink. It stayed solid.

Help
ncleo

A:No Power, Blinking green light on power supply and motherboard

Sounds like a Power Supply problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-power-blinking-green-light-on-power-supply-and-motherboard.646158/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello guys.  Can anyone help me understand the power supply on the HP Envy Phoenix 860-019?  The PCIE connector 6 pin connected to the GTX 960 has black and white wires.  Shouldn't there be yellow and black wires?  Yellow is usually 12 volt and black wires ground.  Is the 6 pin connected to my GTX 960  supplying a standard 75 watts of power or something else?  I want to install a GTX 1070 but the 6 pin wire colors are not the industry standard color scheme.  Also there is a 2 pin power connector with a white and black wire.  Usually a 6 pin and a 2 pin can be used together to connect into a 8 pin socket on a GTX 1070.  Will my connectors supply the needed power and connect properly because the color scheme on the wires make no sense. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Strange-Color-Scheme-for-Power-Connectors-on-Power-Supply-of/td-p/5819631
Relevancy 84.71%

My 640xl stopped charging after a power came back and was charging from a source without surge protection, it cant be detected on my computer either

A:anyone has a schematic diagram for 640xl charging system. my phone failed due to power surge

Ok can clarify if the phone is displaying any message on the screen..if you press power button do you feel any vibration?
Windows 10 Mobile

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434528-anyone-has-schematic-diagram-640xl-charging-system-my-phone-failed-due-power-surge.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Yea...so we finally got my girlfriends new PC up and running. The problem im having...or more of a concern really. Is when you flip off the power supply, and then flip it back on, the PC gets a short burst of power. IE the lights and fans all come on for a second or two. Then you can press the power button and turn it back on.

Any ideas guys?

Relevancy 84.28%

Working on a dell dimension 2400,think may have bad power supply.Anybody know if that model uses a proprietary PSU? or will a regular industry standard one work?

A:Dell Power Dimension 2400 power supply

Should be a standard ATX PS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-power-dimension-2400-power-supply.488276/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi forum and pc gurus My problem is specified down to my PSU at least I think so W Logisys PSU - maybe the quality has something to do with it I paid for it from NEW EGG I have A Gigabyte GA- P-DS Motherboard a Intel Core DUO Conroe GHz processor with heatsink and get I HELL! POWER FROM PC built HELP! custom power to on! cannot SUPPLY my Fan Sapphire ATI X Pro GIGS of WINTEC DDR PC RAM SATA Maxtor GIG HD inch SATA Gig HD and two DVD Burner Optical Drives both IDE I have it hooked up like this two Optical Drives connected to IDE connector cable which POWER SUPPLY FROM HELL! I cannot get my custom built PC to power on! HELP! is hooked into the IDE input on the motherboard both are set to slave Two CD outs connected one to each Optical Drives to one CD input on the motherboard Both HD s are connected to SATA inputs on the motherboard one is set for master one is set for slave I heard that it did not matter but wanted to state that anyway then my ATI RADEON X is hooked directly into my only PCI Xpress slot The power connectors are then all hooked into their respective inputs on the drives and Video Card ANd last but not least all the Power button and LED connectors are hooked into their input on the motherboard wich I set up exactly as the motherboard diagrams and directions directed I turned the switch on the PSU to on and I only got a faint mouse like squeek then nothing not even the fan So I figured it was DOA so I had newegg send me another I got it today installed it hooked all the power connectors to the hardware then popped the switch to on nothing again and the same little squeeky mouse like noise I have no idea what went wrong and this is my first custom built computer for me so any help would be great In relation I did not wear a ESD protective wristband but I did constantly touch metal to keep myself grounded but I couldnt rule out ESD to the motherboard I hope not but it is a possibility AND what is the possibility that both PSUs were DOA and what is the possibility that W is not enough to power my entire system THANKS GUYS FOR ANY HELP IN ADVANCE Oh and yeah I have it set to V nbsp

A:POWER SUPPLY FROM HELL! I cannot get my custom built PC to power on! HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-from-hell-i-cannot-get-my-custom-built-pc-to-power-on-help.584624/
Relevancy 84.28%

Ok so it's time again for me to pick a new power supply however I'm in need of some help determining the appropriate wattage for my hardware setup AMD Phenom II X nm AM GSkill Ripjaw X GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - new a Consumption-Picking Supply Hardware Power Power Corsair TX w I dont think its the V ASUS M A AM r here are the voltages listed on speccy if they are of any use V V V V CPU CORE V VIN V VIN V V V VIN Hardware Power Consumption-Picking a new Power Supply V VIN V VIN V ASUS ATI Radeon HD x in Crossfire w ea GB Patriot Pyro SE SSD GB OCZ OCZ-ONYX SSD LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS ATA I have terrible luck with random bsod's and power supplies pooping on me I want to pick one this time that will last me Also I have my power running through a Monster Power HT I live in a new apartment so the wiring should be ok I've dusted out all Hardware Power Consumption-Picking a new Power Supply of the components inside the case double checked my connections all that jazz I've got a cooler over my memory I am still using my stock cpu cooler but thats changing soon I get crashes idle too Any help I could recieve I would appreciate thanks Andrew

A:Hardware Power Consumption-Picking a new Power Supply

You have pretty much the same problem as me (getting BSOD's randomly). For me it's bulging capacitors on motherboard. You should take a closer look for capacitors on your motherboard. Dead capacitors look something like that:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...densatoren.jpg

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230075-hardware-power-consumption-picking-new-power-supply.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I shut down my Pavilion Elite for 1 week while away and now it will not turn on. The power supply light is on, I replaced the CMOS battery and the power switch is ok.

A:Pavilion elite power supply light on, won't power up

As you did not mention any message or display on the screen, I would use this tutorial for a step by step diagnostic.  It also helps to remove the side panel, and visually watch the CPU and rear case fan movement(s).  As you press the power button, pay attention to the fans. Also does the Power Supply LED stay ON? Or did it go OUT when you pressed the power button?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-elite-power-supply-light-on-won-t-power-up/td-p/5700798
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi everybody I tried to search on google about this but it s not really help and it never happen to me before so I post here My PC was running normally for a long time just couple weeks ago I sent supply or button problem? power Power my faulty video card xfx nvidia ultra to get warranty service and they sent me back another The new one works fine but Power supply or power button problem? a week later I tried to turn on my computer and there s no power at all No lights on Power supply or power button problem? no fan running just no sign of power So I check inside if there s any wire from the PSU is unplugged but everything looks good nothing seems wrong I m sure the power from the wall is good and the power switch on the back is on So I tried to check the wired again push the power cable to the mother harder and press the button it worked But that doesnt solve the problem if I put something heavy near the PC or the desk is vibrating a little bit the power turns off I press the power button again it would not turn on until I open the case and press the power cable to the motherboard harder it s on I then close the side panel it s off no power This is really annoyed me I dont know what else to do What caused this problem The power supply or the power button Can somebody help me My system specs ECS G T-M mobo Intel E Duo x GB RAM x SATA HD nVidia ultra video card ULTRA s watt PSU nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

I have a server that I would like HD Power Supply Question Power Consumption & to upgrade to TB Hitachi HD s They claim max startup current of A and idling down in the A range The platform will be a -series X with a Core Duo Graphics card is small does not even require aux power connector Not needed to just supply the KVM with x No other signficiant sources of V drain exist other than the MB CPU a slim CD-Drive for installs a slim floppy and one additional GB Power Supply Question & HD Power Consumption SSD startup drive W when active I am looking at an W Corsair I ve heard these are quality supplies and I don t want Power Supply Question & HD Power Consumption multiple rails since no one really knows what sort of Voodoo goes on as to how they divide multiple rails up And I don t want to get into that I will be using a single-rail V PS I can add a second if I need to but I d rather not Do you think this will be sufficient for handling Hitachi hard drives quot Green quot drives are a non-starter since they will drive my Raid controller and then me off the deep end with TLER issues I do have staggered spin-up control of the drives with the controller Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Power Supply Question & HD Power Consumption

Power Supply Question & HD Power Consumption, Pt. 2 - Laptop vs. 3.5"

My second question is this - I have a BTV server that needs to be on at all times during the season to record shows during day and evening.

Suffice it to say that you CANNOT reliably put one of the critters into sleep/hibernate mode and expect it to wake up and reliably record a show. It just won't happen.

Now, this is one case where I can use "Green" 3.5" drives, but I am also considering banking 500GB 7200RPM or even 5400RPM laptop drives. These will all be on a raid controller, but since they will be in pass-thru mode or RAID 0 mode the controller won't freak over TLER like it would with RAID 5/6 and mark the drives bad. The controller also has more than adequate cache to handle a 5400RPM spindle as OTA HDTV generates little more than 2.5MB per second per channel. Even 4 channels at once is 10MB/s and that should not tap the ability of a 3Ware controller with cache on 5400 RPM RAID 0 or even pass-thru drives.

My question is this - 2 500GB laptop drives burn much less startup and idle current than a single 1TB 3.5" drive. Has anyone tried running multiple laptop drives on a RAID controller, and what sort of luck have you had? What sort of sustained throuput can you obtain?

Electricity is a huge factor here, at 12 cents per KWh. I can recover the marginal cost of 2 500GB laptop drives vs. 1 1TB 3.5 drive.

Case construction and drive cages are not the issue here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-question-hd-power-consumption.128749/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I m currently a computing student so I rely won't up power (poss. Computer supply) power on my computer a lot for my studies and was hoping I could get some quick advice troubleshooting on here So here goes I ve had a problem with my computer recently it s been working fine Computer won't power up (poss. power supply) for a year or so with no problems and then one day i tried switching it on and nothing happened I tried once more and then the power short circuited I then had to turn the power back on from the mains switch The strange thing is my housemate had exactly the same problem and after searching for the answer he was told it was due to a static buildup and the solution was to take out components graphics card RAM e t c and put them back in I tried this and no luck I was thinking due to the short circuit there may be a problem with a fuse in the power supply other then that I m completely stumped and would appreciate any help given Many Thanks for all help received nbsp

A:Computer won't power up (poss. power supply)

Does it happen with any other appliances? as in does using the toaster while using the kettle While your mate is in the Electric shower, telly on, or ironing?

Possibly a static build up, it is possible, Wher are you situated??
What voltage are you on?

What is the make and model of your comp? is it the same as your friends?

is your machine custom built or is it a brand?
Answer a few of them and we will try to narrow it down 4 you..

Mean while if you could get your hands on a spare PSU that would be handy. And remember when dealing with PSU's alway leave them to sischarge for at least 24hrs,
the 3 D'S, Disconect, discharge, dismantle.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-power-up-poss-power-supply.864011/
Relevancy 82.56%

Ok so lately I have been getting a BSOD at very random times and it looks like a Diver Power State failure. SO all of my friends and every website I go to makes it seem like I need to get a PSU. Right now I have a Quad Core and a 8800GT and 375W PSU. So my friend told me to get a new 700W PSU.

So, if the only fix is to get a new PSU? I tried to rollback my GPU driver but it didn't help.

So any ideas?

A:Driver Power Failure = New Power Supply?

You're greatly risking the health of your whole computer while running with such underpowered power supply. Do yourself a favour and get a quality PSU. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341010 That's the cheapest one that is enough and of good quality that I could find with a quickish search.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-power-failure-new-power-supply.766751/
Relevancy 82.56%

So I hooked my pc up after I took it w/ me to work becuase I though I was going to a lan tonight. But when I came home and plugged it back. I noticed the power supply box light was blinking. And it wont turn on. No power or what so ever. I need help BADLY

Thanks

A:Power Supply Light Blinking. No Power :(!

Have you opened case to make sure all connections are secure? Something may have come loose while you were transporting it. Give us more info about your computer (e.g. make and model, cpu, ram, name of psu, etc.)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/power-supply-light-blinking-no-power-84515.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My first post I received my new DVD DL -RW drive today and eagerly installed it I of course unplugged my computer s power supply while doing it After plugging the power back in the green up power disconnecting after power supply Computer won't LED on the back of the CPU started blinking never noticed this before and when I hit the power button NOTHING happen No fan Computer won't power up after disconnecting power supply turns no lights nothing When I unplug the power supply the green LED blinking gets slower and slower and after about minutes it totally stops I plug the power suppply back in and it starts blinking all over again and still the power won t turn on All I did was replace a CD-ROM drive with a DVD Multi drive I didn t mess with anything else so there should be no power supply shortage or problem Any thoughts as to what could Computer won't power up after disconnecting power supply be happening By the way I have a year old Compaq computer with ghz Athlon gig RAM no problems thus far nbsp

A:Computer won't power up after disconnecting power supply

While installing the new optical drive, you might have inadvertently loosened one or more connectors. Recheck all data and power cables to make sure they are tight, including all those to the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-power-up-after-disconnecting-power-supply.49521/
Relevancy 82.56%

My power supply died a few days ago and I have replaced it. My PC will now boot but will not send a signal (turn on) the monitor. Everything on the PC seems to work but it just will not turn on signal to the monitor. I have tried two different monitors with the same result.

Help!?!?!

Thanks,

Tod

Relevancy 82.56%

was watching dvd and pc cut out completely... high pitch beeping comming from my power supply on hp 110 desktop... when i unplug from tower beeping stops .. plug it back in and it resumes.  No power, no flashing leds ... just constant beeping... no pattern ... just beeps continuously.

A:constant beep from power supply... no power to pc at all.

let me be clear.... beeping not coming from tower.... it comes from the plug in power supply... the square box part of it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/constant-beep-from-power-supply-no-power-to-pc-at-all/td-p/5709441
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi All Happy New Year to all members and technical assistants I have a little issue in which I require some help and guidance I have a PIII MHZ replaced power Pc supply after wont power on MB Pc wont power on after power supply replaced memory with a ASUS MB- Recently it died on me and assumed that the reason Pc wont power on after power supply replaced I could not get to power it up is due to my power supply I went out and spent the money and bought a brand new power supply from a computer retailor I saw him remove it from a brand new case I Pc wont power on after power supply replaced installed the power supply trying to power it up I can see the fan rotate a little bit but not enough to power on Changed socket and it power on It booted up but after sec it shut itself off and now I cannot power it back on until min later when I went and change power socket once more This time the power did not stay up very long As soon it powered up no more than min later while it was loading windows Xp it shut itself off nad now again can t power it back on I have a power extention and power bar in which I used and both shuts the computer off Anything else plugged to it doesn t seem to do any affect This is the second new power supply I m trying What else can it be I have not tried to place the computer in a different room on a different plug yet I will try that tonight but in the meantime what else can I try Thanks for your help and listening Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

I have a generic MB (P-120 CPU ) which I just switched to a different case and power supply. It has an extra "six pin power type connection" in the middle of the board. Only one supply that I have matchs this and the wires are three green and three black. What is the funtion of this connector, it looks from the wire colors to be some form of switch.

Its a case of not wanting to swap out the power suppy from my other unit unless necessary. I have 4 other supplies and none have the extra wire, which is listed as P10.

Many thanks in advance.
WKR

A:extra power leads on power supply?

Sounds like typical extra +5V lead and can be used for any number of things...(riser cards,backplanes,to drive extra slots, etc.)
Without knowing the specs. on your motherboard this question is impossible to answer...Post Mobo identification (make/model) or obtain FCC ID and post that. Perhaps we can find a more definitive answer for you...BOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extra-power-leads-on-power-supply.33877/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hey, got quite a problem with my laptop.. It's a Medion Erazer X7813, worked well for ~2 years.
I was doing a graphics card benchmark yesterday and it stopped in the middle of it(monitored temperature, it was at ~80 degrees Celsius when it turned off). No bluescreen or anything just off and I couldnt restart after that(no fans nothing). I thought it might be the power supply, so I tested it, but it was doing 19v when not plugged in, but when I plugged it in and unplugged it again it was at 1v. When testing I unintentionally shorted the power supply and it showed 1v after that just as it did after plugging it in, is it shorting inside the laptop? Could it be the battery or something more serious like the MB? Any ideas are welcome!

A:Laptop gets no power, power supply seems to be working

The charging circuits on the laptop motherboard may be shorted...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gets-no-power-power-supply-seems-to-be-working.217521/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello everyone - I have just assembled a new build It will not power up I need a suggestion to figure out if the problem is the case or the motherboard This is a mini-itx build power-up: power New or Build MB? no supply case's The case is New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? Linkworld LC - B This case comes with a volt watt external laptop-style power supply that plugs into the rear of the case just like New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? a laptop power supply plugs into a laptop - a barrel connector Inside this power connection connects to a power supply component that is not like a regular ATX power supply but is on a printed-circuit board New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? mounted on the case This has several capacitors and other stuff From that comes the -pin and -pin power supply lines for the motherboard I assume the -volt power supply for this external power supply unit is right since it came with the case It was watt The processor is an IBM t with TDP of watts Lower-powered CPUs can be put in a small so I assumed the power supply might be under-powered I ordered a -watt volt power supply with the right size barrel - and same polarity pos inside The MB is an ASRock H MV-ITX It is mini-itx form factor Still same problem Everything is connected correctly When I press the power-on button an external CD drive I have plugged-in spins up for a while But no power light comes on in the front of the case there are no POST beeps the fan for the CPU does not spin up No other signs of life So power is getting into the MB - the external CD drive is plugged into a USB socket in the rear panel of the MB After trying a watt and watt power supply I believe the problem cannot be the power supply cord Can it be that I have too little load I don t think so I plugged in another mm fan and an ol-fashion floppy drive just the power connection to add more load - same thing no power-up no POST nothing but the CD drive will spin up when I open-then-close it yet again So here is the help I need what else can I try -assuming the MB and case are fine is it more likely the case power supply is bad or the MB --Thanks nbsp

A:New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB?

Well, I figured out the problem.
I am planning to re-do the older mini-itx system I have; it has gotten riddled with Trojan software for kids downloading games; it basically has been de-commissioned already.

So, I took the pico-psu power supply from that older computer, and hooked it up to the one I am making. Everything went perfectly.

So, I un-did that, removed the MB from case, disconnected the barrel-power connection from the case, unscrewed and removed the power supply that had been mounted in the case, put the pico-psu power supply back in place (I had to drill the hole for the barrel-connection out to be a little bigger since the pico-psu internal/external connection is threaded and held in place by nut with lock washer), and routed wires to be clear of cpu fan, screwed MB to stand-offs, and closed it all up.

now, everything is great. I like this linkworld case, but the power supply is worthless. I may try to get a few dollars back from the ebay vendor, to make me happy with a case that is less than what I should have gotten, but is working for me; I don't want to wait on returns, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-power-up-cases-power-supply-or-mb.206259/
Relevancy 80.84%

I verified the PSU is good.
I removed all drives, all cards, even memory.
All the fans spin for a moment then nothing they stop.

I assume the MB is now destroyed? A GTX 260 has two 6 pin power connectors, since the PSU only had one 6 pin power connector, I thought to try it.

MB is Asus P5QC
So is it dead?

A:Plug in GTX 260, hooked up one 6 pin power plug, motherboard wont post

Did you read the GTX 260 manual to see if it has to have the two connectors on?
This is an old MB, so it has a story. Tell us how did you get it and what memory, GPU etc it has before.
With no memory it won't boot. Do you have a speaker connected to the MB so you can hear the beeps when you turn it on?
Witch power supply you have? GTX 260 requires 500W as minimum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/400301-plug-gtx-260-hooked-up-one-6-pin-power-plug-motherboard-wont-post.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey, i'm building a computer but i haven't realized that the power supply i need is an atx 2.0. What power supply should i get??

I was orignally looking at the Ultra X-connect but it doesn't support atx 2.0 Damn.

Relevancy 79.98%

I have an external hard drive Seagate backup plus 1 tb working fine with Sony vaio E15136 win 8.1 64 bit 4gb Ram. As long as I change the power supply i.e either plug in or plug out the power supply of my laptop, external drive is re-detected.
The external drive draws power from laptop.No external power source.
In case of USB pen drives this thing didn't happen.
Looking for any solution or explanation?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/389515-seagate-back-up-plus-1-tb-reloads-when-i-plug-plug-out-power.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Somebody, please tell me what this is and what's it used for?

Relevancy 79.55%

Came home walked in and noticed my PC was off monitor was on speakers on modem everything on as if the power had blinked out for a sec and my system had shutdown No Supply, lights no to Power power I pressed the power button on the front and got nothing i checked the power supply s own power on off switch on the back and got nothing no light that its on or anything thought maybe it was the cable so i plugged it into my other pc and the No power to Power Supply, no lights cable No power to Power Supply, no lights works so i m thinking maybe the psu went bad or took a hit Im guessing i just need to replace it How difficult is it to replace it by yourself i ve never done that before and do you think that its the psu at fault I m thinking that if there is not power on light then something is wrong big with it my heat temps stay down between C and C at the highest Also can i replace it with just any other w power supply or does it need to be a specific kind company i bought it from online listed it as dual core certified w psu no mention of v rail or anything else i guess i can get that from them if they have it on file nbsp

A:No power to Power Supply, no lights

Well sounds like your power supply took a power surge. Well to start with i would try a power supply. Now about replacing the power supply cheap is not the best way to go, learned from experience. Here is my recommendation: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005
And for replacing a PSU not hard. If you need help removing it Post back i will walk you through step by step if need be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-power-supply-no-lights.106985/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a Windows XP Home Edition SP computer GHz MB Ram GB HDD Last week I installed SP on my computer because I had SP and decided to upgrade A couple days later when I click on quot turn off quot my computer restarts NOT shutdown When I click on quot stand by quot The screen goes black then I get a quot blue screen quot Like in Windows But it Power Supply Power or Strip? s dark blue and stays up for only a second Then the computer resets The next day my computer stopped Power Supply or Power Strip? that but Power Supply or Power Strip? then As soon as I press the power button the TV in the living room goes all fuzzy I turn it off I remove the power strip thinking that it went bad I do use every plug but other power strips in the house are full too I plug it directly into the wall The restart stops still fuzzy I unplug ALL the connections in the back of my PC except the Power and monitor It stops Plug it all back in Put it in another outlet in my room Does it again Change HDD power cable motor could be causing this I finally realize that it s the TV tuner card The cable connection is already being split into ths I had a bad plug on the TV splitter so the fuzziness got fixed I put the power strip back on and the restart is going on again I tried on a outlet too Why is my computer restarting when I click quot Turn Off quot Is the quot shutdown exe quot corrupted nbsp

A:Power Supply or Power Strip?

Check your power management settings (and reinstall software if needed, from the manufacturer website). I've run across many problems with SP2 messing with power management settings...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-or-power-strip.662593/
Relevancy 79.55%

Would a 500W power supply power this

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition

8GB DDR3 RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTS450 1GB PNY

Gigabyte SKT-AM3 GA-880GM

2TB HDD

DVD RW Drive

A:Would a 500W power supply power this

Hi QGamez,

I reckon a 500W wouldn't be enough but a 750W may be the right one. I had a look in a few forums and they had 650W & 750W etc but not 500W.

But wait for more input from the others and see what they have to say

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/76505-would-500w-power-supply-power.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Ok so i do know what the no Power and supply 100%, mobo are power problem is this is more about what i can do to use my computer until i can fix the problem Ill start off with what the problem is My computer wont turn on from the get go i knew the power supply was okay Power supply and mobo are 100%, no power because the mother board has a green light on it showing that its getting power of course just in case i tried putting a new supply in but there were no changes At first glance the mother board looked good No blown resistors or anything of that sort i sent it to a friend to check it out though once again just to be thorough and sure Finally after Power supply and mobo are 100%, no power hours of tedious searching i found the problem The chip that the power button plugs into has blown out Very happy thats all it is Now my question to all of you is is there anyway to bypass using that board so i can run my computer until i replace it if i just unplug the little board that the button is a part of the computer obviously does not turn on when i attach the computer to power and i dont know how i can trick it into turning on without having the use of the power button Any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks Ryan nbsp

A:Power supply and mobo are 100%, no power

There are some motherboards that have a power on button directly on the motherboard. I don't suppose you have one of those? There are some BIOS' that can enable the keyboard to power on the PC by pressing any key. I'm using one of them now. Of course, the problem with that is to get the PC started in the first place so you can change the BIOS setting (if it has that setting).

What motherboard do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-and-mobo-are-100-no-power.152069/
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a Delta DPS-150GB B Power Supply out of an Apple Macintosh Power Mac computer. I would like to use it as a 12v/5A power supply for my model train layout. I have a couple important questions:

1) I need to know the pin-outs of the connectors (1-4pin, 1-14pin, 1-5pin on ribbon wire), specifically which ones control start-up and various voltage outputs.

2) Being a Switching Power Supply, I think there must be a load on at least one of the output rails. Can I create this with a simple resistor of some sort? if so, how exactly what would I need to do.

I can email photo of the connectors if that would halp. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Relevancy 79.55%

Went to dinner left PC running Came back PC shut down Would not restart no power lights fans LEDs nada zip zilch We had a brown out a few days back I figured the power supply finally crapped out supply...still no power power!? new installed Tonight installed a new power supply Antec Smartpower w No installed new power supply...still no power!? change I push start button absolutely nothing I have checked a power at outlet OK b changed power cords original is installed new power supply...still no power!? cord OK but I notice when I insert the plug into the recepticle there is a spark Now I m not much of an electrician but I don t think there should be a spark for just plugging it in c I have plugged my backup PC this one into the same outlet on the surge protector and it s running fine soooo the problem is in the computer If I plug the power supply in shouldn t the PS fan run It doesn t Can there be something bad on the shudder mobo like maybe the start switch or something Also confusing me I have sata HD this new PS has power plugs for sata My old power supply only had the regular pin plug that I plugged into the sata HD yet it ran fine Do I need to use the sata plugs on the new PS Cripes I m so freakin computer impared Please need help this is my gamer PC and I m a BF junkie Thanks for viewing this thread AMD GA K NS ATI XT mb Turtle Beach Santa Cruz gig PC XP Home sp nbsp

A:installed new power supply...still no power!?

Is the LED lit on the MB? Try bypassing the front case switch by putting the blade of a small screwdriver across the pins on the MB that the switch connects to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-new-power-supply-still-no-power.441895/
Relevancy 79.55%

My PC suddenly shut off and wouldn't turn on, but the mouse and motherboard lights were still on. A tech took my PC and ran some tests. I assumed that either my Power supply or my Motherboard was unfunctional but he called me back telling me that it was neither, and that the problem was coming from "a part" that gave power to the motherboard. The replacement of this part would cost $80.

Am I getting ripped off? What part could possibly cost $80 and isn't the Power supply?

Relevancy 79.55%

HP Palvilion m c Motherboard IPIBL-LA Berkeley http h www hp com ewfrf wc lc en amp lang en amp lc en amp product amp task N Power Supply DPS- ab- a http www itwinkle com hp posu html Hello all this is my power Is NO motherboard? it or supply POWER, first post First let me thank all NO POWER, Is it power supply or motherboard? for being here and sharing your vast knowledge My PC and power supply is above web-links included for more accurate description Also I have scoured this forum internet attempting to resolved and yes there is a ton of info The problem is the I cannot find specific details quot similar quot to my problem regarding how they determined the repair action other than replaced power or mobo So hopefully when this is resolved this will help someone with my similar problem - Problem gt PC will not turn-on just as if not plugged into power source -- Sypnopsis gt Nothing unusual happened as far as I know Shut-down PC for the evening as usual next day went to turn it on nothing - Troubleshooting accomplished -- Checked power outlet amp cords checked good -- Green light on back of power supply is steady green normal indication -- Removed power supply to test with multi-meter Strapped jumpered pins green wire with ground blk wire All appears normal everything is in range of specifications values below pin pin pin pin pin pin pin pin pin pin pin - pin pin pin -- Tested my power button wires for continuity on PC case properly shorts -- Reassemble everything still nothing -- Disassemble entire PC motherboard is sitting on cardboard box --- Items plugged into motherboard -pin atx plug and from NO POWER, Is it power supply or motherboard? power supply -pin plug volt from power supply gig ram stick CPU amp CPU fan - Goal gt power-on motherboard -- Tried shorting power button pins nothing -- Tried shorting reset pins nothing -- Jump-started NO POWER, Is it power supply or motherboard? atx plug with paper clip POWERS ON See link below for example http www youtube com watch v FCspIGgBV amp feature related Unfortunately unlike the youtube video when I remove the paper clip I lose power and back to square one - Back to the PS tested PS with strap jumper on when I remove the strap the ATX loses power through its plugs though the green light stays constant green There is no external on off switch on the power supply -- Should the power supply lose power once the strap is removed -- If so how does the power supply know to stay on -- Any help is much appreciated trying to determine if power supply is bad MOBO etc and if I can repair it Also I cannot swap items I do not have any additional parts laying around ADDITONAL NOTES - When powered on the mobo pwr-btn pins and the reset pins have voltage accross them volts dc pwr btn pins though has quot NO quot effect when shorted volts dc reset pins resets when shorted it works the way it should - Attached additional items to see if I could fully boot PC System Fan note will not boot without this fan plugged-in quot ERROR System Fan Has Failed Service PC to prevent damage to the System Press F to continue quot video card geforce gt hp pn- key board plugged into PS keyboard port mouse plugged into PS mouse port Hard drive When strapped I can boot competely up and log-on to desktop When I choose quot restart quot via windows soft button it resets properly When I choose quot shutdown quot it will shutdown but then I have to remove the strap and reset the cmos I get no display unless I reset the CMOS to boot up properly again I m guessing ultimately its the power supply Since the problem directs back to losing power The PC boots properly when I make the conditions right so that would most likely eliminate a motherboard or cpu problem What I don t understand nor can I find any info on is how does the power supply stay activate I m aware of the shorting of the power button pins on the mobo Probably thinking too much into it but the power supply seems to be working accept for the mystery quot no po... Read more

Relevancy 79.55%

hey I have an interesting problem supply jumper power and power When I plug the atx power supply into my motherboard as soon as it makes contact the psu fan spins about times then power supply and power jumper stops which i suspect means its testing to see if it works or something But i have a computer out of the case and i power supply and power jumper might have made the fatal mistake of useing a paper clip to quot jump start quot the motherboard by contacting the power jumpers now whenever and metal contact is made paper clip the actual start mechanism anything it won t cut on Well me thinking i must have messed up the jumpers cut the psu green and red cord i double checked to make sure they were the power on cords and twisted them togeather and put electrical tape around them I know its not the best job but i was just testing a theory When I plug in the psu and its plugged into the motherboard the psu fan becomes turned on because of the twisted on wires and spins But the cpu fan and motherboard remain powerless I am wondering if i ve done something wrong or have screwed something up any help would be appreciated ps before the problems begain i installed the motherboard into a case because it was just components and i founnd a cheap case When I installed the motherboard I screwed metal screws into the contace points where the motherboard is supposed to rest I heard somewhere metal is bad for the bottoms of motherboards so that could be it thanks nbsp

A:power supply and power jumper

Disconnect External Power To The Wall Socket Before Messing Around In The Box!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-and-power-jumper.25244/
Relevancy 78.26%

hi guys as per one of my friend I could replace my memory RAM up to GB so I ve ordered Power Light Motherboard/Power 8300 AMBER Green XPS - Supply - Light a couple sticks of Kingston HyperX nbsp so I ve took slot and replaced GB Hynix RAM by GB HyperX Now I have a good old CPU that doesnt work plus it smell like burnt plastic with no apparent damage to XPS 8300 - AMBER Motherboard/Power Light - Green Power Supply Light the board or RAM nbsp Startup x BEEP No BIOS Motherboard Light Solid AmberBootup Light Flashing AmberPower Supply Light Solid Green I ve tried booting from nbsp a single RAM unit on slot one then slot two and nothing has changed anyone can help Motherboard Y MRGhttp www findlaptopdriver XPS 8300 - AMBER Motherboard/Power Light - Green Power Supply Light com specs- y mrg-dell Processor i Primary SSD Kingston HyperX Savage added Secondary Seagate TB TB added Barracuda New RAM nbsp ts HX C FK http www kingston com dataSheets HX C FK pdfOld RAM nbsp HMT U CFR C-H https www amazon com PC - - MHz-Hynix-HMT U CFR C-H -Unbuffered dp B BTRAS

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987583
Relevancy 76.97%

For the last two weeks every time I start my Dell INSPIRON E while using the power supply I am greeted with the following message quot The AC power adapter type cannot be determined Your system will operate slower and the battery will not charge Please cannot Supply power - AC type be determined....." "The adapter Power connect a Dell W AC adapter or higher for best system operation quot I press the F Key and everything works fine I ve read about this on other websites and most say it s a design Power Supply - "The AC power adapter type cannot be determined....." flaw in the power supply after the cord has been properly wound around the supply as designed Apparently a few of the cords internal wire strands Power Supply - "The AC power adapter type cannot be determined....." become broken and cause this message My computer is from June and shouldn t be having this issue so early or ever This seems like a flaw that should have created some type of manufacturers recall since so many people are having this issue I m of course out of warranty will Dell replace this free of charge nbsp

A:Power Supply - "The AC power adapter type cannot be determined....."

You are correct, the failure is due toloss of the power supply ID signal. Sometimes this happens because of strain on the plug, which breaks the signal wire. Some even are so severe that the insulation breaks away from the plug; this is due to rough handling. The other cause is one or more of the power socket solder connections to the system board become broken. This also is related to severe handling. I have seen one case where all three power connections and three of four mechanical connections were disconnected. If the power supply is bad, a replacement will cure the problem. If not, then the socket is bad, and this will require a system board replacement. If you are experienced, you can try to resolder the connections. I am experienced and was not able to get my daughter's E6000 to work by resoldered. More recent Dells are using a replacable power connection board which is a much cheaper repair.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19255676
Relevancy 76.97%

I just purchased a new Dell PC.  I now get this message when I turn on my speakers:
power surge on the USB port. Unknown USB device needs more power than the port can supply. I have no idea why or how to fix it. Can anyone help me?

:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19987247
Relevancy 73.53%

Is 400W would be enough for a computer with: Intel Core Q8300, ATI Radeon 4890 1GB, 4GB RAM... ? (I would use computer for gaming too.)
If not, what would be recommended?

Relevancy 72.67%

I am not sure if this is the right area, but I have browsed through all the places and sadly clueless.

I have a westinghouse flat screen monitor Model LCM 17v2ls and I cannot located the plug.
I want to use it as the temporary monitor since my MAC OS screen cracked and it costs over 300 to replace.

I went to radio shack and they could not find the right type of powerplug. I just need some direction I will also call Westinghouse on Monday but any support would be great.

Thanks

A:looking for a power plug

Welcome to Techguy! Don't feel bad about not knowing everything; we all suffer from that. Generally, monitors either use a standard 3 prong power connector just like your computer, or an external AC adapter, i.e. a power brick. Yours uses a brick. I did a quick search online, and found at least one vendor selling them: http://www.lcdpayless.com/productpage.php?productId=4794. However I don't know them, so don't take this as an endorsement. You might also find adapters on eBay. As long as you stick with top-rated vendors, I wouldn't be afraid to buy. You can also search more online using "westinghouse LCM 17v2ls power adapter" (no quotes) as your search string.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-a-power-plug.953841/
Relevancy 72.67%

I am installing a cd drive. I took my old one out but forgot to check which plug to the power supply I am supposed to use. There is P2, P3, and P7. Is there a certain one that is used for a cd drive?

A:which power plug in

No, any one of the standard four prong plugs should work just fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-power-plug-in.194107/
Relevancy 71.81%

:bounce:
Boldfisherman: My Fujitsu N3010 Power plug is broken,I am looking for Part, one repair shop wanted to sell me a complete motherboard, It is a shielded pin connector to motherboard.
I read postabout opening computershell, if I read this correctly one must remove keyboard, How?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-plug-replacement.34753/
Relevancy 71.81%

Basically i was in the middle of putting together a computer to whihc i had previously had no prcessor, i ordered on from ebay about a week ago and today it finally came, when i realised taht i have idea where to plug in the power button on the motherboard! (which is a stock board from another computer taht was given to me by my friend). Ive put together computers before but ive always unplugged them from the previous one, thus knowing where i need to plug everything. Ive had no luck searching for it online, i was wondering wether there is a symbol were i need to plug it in or some universal way to tell where it goes, or if u can tell me where to find a guide, i just have no idea where to put this thing, heres a picture http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b29/dashdanw/Photo546.jpg

Relevancy 71.81%

Ok... now i am having a real trouble. my Power cable to CPU fan plug is broken, not the fan, but the power to connect it to the fan(the male one). its 3 pin connector. there is one fan using 3 pin connector too from the MB (motherboard). i think its the fan for the motherboard. i am just wondering if i can use the splitter to the MB plug so i can connect it to both fan (motherboard and processor)
thanks..

A:POWER to CPU FAN PLUG Is BROKeN.. HELP!!!

Are you refuring to the 4 wire Molex adapter? If so, yes use that. Well, there are no molex plugs that plug into the mobo, there is the 20pin or 24, and the 4 wire, square one. But yes, you can use the 4wire molex adapter, that would be giving cdrom/hdd/video card power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-to-cpu-fan-plug-is-broken-help.63838/
Relevancy 71.81%

My mobo-ECS PT890T-A's manual says to plug the power/sleep/message waiting LED to the 2 and 4 pins on the 10 pin Panel1 header, but the front panel power led cable has 3 holes. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 71.81%

I shorted out my HHD with its power plug now it wont power up. I'm sure i fried the circuit board rether HHd runs fine with that power plug.
I was just wondering if i could fix or get a new circuit board for the HHd .
I have very important info on it i need ...(TAXES) augggggg
Any help PLEASE

Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Dell Lattitude D I believe it s at least three years old I have had it for a year and everything was working fine My children thirteen ten and eight were using it and they said the plug kept falling out of the outlet and they said there was a spark when they plugged it into the outlet but it worked after that Then all of a sudden the laptop went black Assuming it was out of battery power and well past thier bedtime they returned the laptop to me I Plug Problems Power plugged it in and the transformer box Power Plug Problems on the plug worked when I plugged it into the power outlet but as soon as I plugged it into the laptop it lost power Hence the blue power light on the transformer box went out I have to let it sit for about minutes and plugged it back into the power outlet the blue light on the transformer box came back on but once again as soon as I plugged it into the computer the blue light went out again HELP I have a Blockbuster DVD stuck in the laptop and I don t want to break it to get it out Luckily it isn t due for a week LOL I appreciate any help you can give me nbsp

A:Power Plug Problems

there should be a tiny hole on the front of the DVD tray. You can insert a straightened paper clip in it and manually open the tray
As to the power problem, I am sure one of the folks with more experience will stop by and assist you.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-plug-problems.903611/
Relevancy 71.81%

Staff at our office have received from HP Services, replament power cords for their notebook computers. The recall information on your site informs us that if LS-15 is molded on to the plug then it needs to be replaced. My question is why did HP send us power 4 sets of power plugs all with LS-15 molded onto the plug? If these plugs were these sent in errorhow do we send back the defective plugs and get the new plugs? Thank you. Bogdan Kowalski

A:HP Power Plug Recall - LS-15

Hi  @MAGPGT  I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Power-Plug-Recall-LS-15/td-p/4618868
Relevancy 70.95%

I recently purchased an HP Pavilion dv9700t laptop. The power connector attaches to the right side of the laptop and the plug is straight. Unfortunately, I do not have much spare room on the right side of the laptop where I typically use it and the plug/cord is interferring with my mouse. I've been scouring the internet looking for some kind of a right angle adapter that I could plug into the end of the power cord and then into the laptop so that the cord would immediately turn towards the rear of the laptop and give me more space for my mouse. Does anyone know where I could buy such an adapter?

Thanks for any suggesions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-plug-right-angle-adaptor-for-hp.699724/
Relevancy 70.95%

I replaced a failed HP PSU 03057F3R with a "compatible" PSU from a supplier. There are 5 wires attached to the sata power plug for the failed PSU, but only 4 wires attached to the sata power plug for the compatible PSU. One of the 5 wires of the failed PSU is not connected to the molex plug but directly to the circuit board of the PSU.

The PC works fine with the compatible PSU and the hard drive seems to work fine with the 4-wire sata power plug which used to be connected to a 5-wire sata power plug. Should I be concerned that the use of the 4-wire sata plug will pose a safety or data problem for me?

Relevancy 70.95%

Can I plug in the power cable to a sata drive (already connected to sata port on mobo), while the computer is on.

With that drive connected Windows will not boot (I never have had a problem with the drive before, even when installing windows). If I remember right, a few years ago, I moved the pagefile to that drive, and it also had a boot.ini file on it (for some reason) I wonder if that is the problem (never until now), because when that drive is installed windows hangs at starting windows.

A:Plug in a sata power cable

If the SATA controller is set to AHCI mode, and the SATA port the drive is on is set to allow "hot-swap", then yes you could. If not, then no you can't.

You should post a screenshot of your Disk Management window with the problem drive connected. Expand the window so everything can be read.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351383-plug-sata-power-cable.html
Relevancy 70.52%

A (burning really power gets hot plug hot) adaptor Laptop few weeks ago my laptop died on me or to be more specific ran out of power even though the adapter was plugged in I bought a new adapter and that seemed to solve the problem although I had to move the plug around in the jack to get it to work Last week I notice the adaptor plug new one to the jack got really hot so hot in fact that some of the plastic on the plug melted nothing too serious as it still works It happens every so often but its getting more frequent What I mean is that there s no telling when it will happen although through further inspection I ve found that the laptop makes a peculiar noise when it does heat up That being said the only method I have of charging the laptop without it heating up is to have it turned off before I plug in I ve found a replacement jack for the laptop Laptop power adaptor plug gets really hot (burning hot) and I m pretty sure I can replace it but I m not sure that it is the root of Laptop power adaptor plug gets really hot (burning hot) the problem A friend of mine who is an electrical engineer believes that it might be something wrong with a resistor as it shouldn t be emitting so much power that it heats up the plug Any one else have insight on this problem nbsp

A:Laptop power adaptor plug gets really hot (burning hot)

The fact that the laptop plug gets hot means that you don't have a good connection between the connector and the laptop power receptacle. I would NOT use it that way, because very bad things happen when you do. Rather than try to put it in words, how about a picture. This is one of two laptops that I've gotten after the user ignored the advice to fix the power jack. The other one looked worse, but both motherboards were obviously a total loss.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-adaptor-plug-gets-really-hot-burning-hot.400473/
Relevancy 70.52%

A little while back we (Old Update Laptop Plug Power Thread) had a thread on a broken lappy power socket Well low and behold mine gave out again nd time The symptoms being intermittent loss of AC power during use or after shutdn Power goes on off if the plug is jingled at the back of the unit Well after disassembling the unit an HP ZT I found that the socket itself had not broken again Yea JB Weld This time the solder joint to the MOBO had come loose Well since I have been looking for a good excuse to buy a new laptop I decided to fire up the ol low wattage soldering pencil All I did was tin the tip and re-melt the existing solder joint and checked that the socket was mechanically secure Before closing it all up tho I re-routed the LCD cable bundle thru the hinge area AGAIN because the screen had been flickering and going off in certain positions another old thread Both of these problems appear to be due Laptop Power Plug Update (Old Thread) to Laptop Power Plug Update (Old Thread) poor designs by HP Even found a Google reference that said the Power Socket problem was RMA able by HP on some models Anyway Laptop Power Plug Update (Old Thread) this time when I put it all back together I managed to use ALL the screws Two for Two for now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-power-plug-update-old-thread.306792/
Relevancy 70.52%

I had a look at a friends computer which was working, but was very silent. When I checked it out no fans were working, I replaced psu & cpu fans & everything was working fine for a couple of weeks. Now when you plug in the power cord the computer starts but with no post or beep codes, I'm not sure how long the cpu was running without a fan and if was damaged by heat. At first I changed the psu but same troubles. I have no way to check the cpu which is a "pentium III 500 mhz slot 1" . Sound like the cpu ?

A:Why does computer start when I plug in the power cord ?

Sounds mure like the mobo has packed up to me.

Rik.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-does-computer-start-when-i-plug-in-the-power-cord.25881/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,
I am having trouble with the prongs where the power cable is plugged in on the back of the tower. The computer does not come on unless I jiggle the prongs. The computer stays on just fine, then, so long as I don't turn it off. If I have to turn it off, then to get it on the next time, I have to jiggle the prongs again. I have already replaced the power cord, so I know it's not that. Have you ever heard of this happening? Is it possible to replace this part?
Thank you for your help! Maggie

A:plug for power cable on back of tower

That power cable goes into the power supply. If the cable is good, there is something wrong with the prongs of the power supply. Do you have a spare to swap to confirm?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plug-for-power-cable-on-back-of-tower.58346/
Relevancy 70.52%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-shows-off-pc-integrated-into-power-plug.213681/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

I have just bought a new NB10-A-10U laptop.

I have plugged it in but the battery/dc light shows no signs of life.
According to the manual the light should be on.

Is something wrong or everything will operate when i will press the power button?
I would hate the installation process to be interrupted...

Does anyone have a clew if this is normal or something is wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help/advices

A:Satellite NB10-A-10U first plug in power but no DC light

Hi

Usually the "DC IN indicator" glows green, white or blue depending on your device when DC power is supplied correctly from the AC adaptor.

Please connect the AC adaptor once again.
Check if there is no lose contact and wait 5-10 min.
The press the power button and check how the unit will act.

Feedback would be appreciated.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77281-Satellite-NB10-A-10U-first-plug-in-power-but-no-DC-light
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, I've had this laptop forever and along the way lost the power cord.  Of course it's older than 10 years so HP no longer supports it but I wonder if anyone would know where I can find a power cord for a HP Pavillion Laptop zd8000? I need to transfer items from this computer to another computer. Thank you in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Need-power-plug-for-a-HP-pavilions-Laptop-zd8000/td-p/5637211
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm building my first computer, and the video card I have is MSI R6670-MD1GD5 Radeon HD 6670. I was watching a video that said you needed to plug in a cord to supply power to it, but I can't find where to plug it in. Does the motherboard supply power for this card or what?

A:Solved: Where do I plug in power for my video card?

You 6670 is a mid range card.
Some mid range cards need external power,some dont.
If it doesn't have a PCI express or molex power connector
on the video card,then all power is supplied through the
motherboard PCI express slot.
I don't see any power connectors in pictures of that card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-where-do-i-plug-in-power-for-my-video-card.1032917/
Relevancy 70.52%
Relevancy 70.52%

i have to keep unplugging this and wait a few seconds then plug it in before pc will power on any ideas? I can't post a picture on here but it has like 24 wires going in to it.
Please Help thank you

A:unplugging this and wait a few seconds then plug it in before pc will power on

Are you talking about this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unplugging-this-and-wait-a-few-seconds-then-plug-it-in-before-pc-will-power-on-493852.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Does such a thing exist?

I sometimes find I need my external drive for like 5 minutes on the road without a socket in sight so it'd be great if I could just have it suck power from my computers USB port.

Or even solar power.

Obviously I wouldn't power something for a long time with it.

Or it'd be great if only one plug is available like at a coffee shop

Anything like this on deal extreme?

A:USB to electrical power plug? / or solar/AA powered

I think the best solution for you would be a portable hard disk that don't need external power supply. I've been extremely happy with Western Digital products, using this 640 GB as my "on the road" drive. It fits to my jacket pocket.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27334-usb-electrical-power-plug-solar-aa-powered.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a motherboard thats 24 pin and a 4 pin processor connector, but the power source i ordered is a 20 pin and 4 pin for the processor, is there any way i can get a converter instead of having to buy a new power source?

A:Convert Power Source Motherboard Plug?

Look closely the 4 pin may be able to slid onto the end of the 20 pin connector making it a 24 pin. many power supplies now offer this feature where you are able to do both.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/convert-power-source-motherboard-plug.530059/
Relevancy 70.52%
Relevancy 70.52%

Does anyone have a source the plug used on HP Compac laptop ac power supplies? I have several that have failed at the point where the cable is molded to the plug. I thought the connector was a size "K", but the ID is too large.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-power-suppy-plug-source.778619/
Relevancy 70.52%

The laptop shuts down when I pug in my jackit started out to just crash after a short space of timethen freezing somewhere along the line o fthe rebootand yes have checked heating but htis does it hot r coldin fact i wonder if this is making the fan not work cos have had so much trouble with it for such a long timethe only way can run pc is on battery and in safe mode with networkingbattery is charging but when you put in the power jack it now completely crashespower jack is not at all wiggly replaced it myself last year

A:why is my laptop crashing when i plug in the power jack ?

Is this a laptop? Sounds like it might be the power adapter but just to be on the safe side download, install and run this:http://filehippo.com/download_malwa...(free version from green button top right).Before you run it go to "Settings > Detection and Protection" and put a check mark in "Scan for rootkits". If it finds anything at all please copy/paste the log on here.I appreciate you might have to download and install it using safe mode. If you can't get the download then Save the download file on another computer then transfer it with a flash drive to this one. Double click the download file to install.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/why-is-my-laptop-crashing-when-i-plug-in-the-power-jack-/13856.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I am traveling to Hong Kong in a couple of months. My HP laptop is from the US. It has an external power brick that takes 100-240V.

My question is about the cord that goes from the power brick to the wall outlet. The cord has a US plug. Does the cord also take 100-240V and I just need to buy a plug adapter, or does the cord only take US voltage and I need to buy a new cord?

A:Buy plug adapter or new power cord for travel?

You just need a plug adaptor, the power brick and the cord itself already supports International Voltages (worldwide)

(e.g. Hong Kong uses 50 Hz, 200/220 V, so you're pretty much covered there.)

Something like this:-

Amazon.com: Belkin F8E449 Universal AC Travel Adapter: Electronics

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/240413-buy-plug-adapter-new-power-cord-travel.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Whenever I open my laptop and it is plugged into the power source, the screen display does not turn on. When I unplug it, it automatically turns on. It does not matter what the battery percentage is. I have not recently made any changes to my display settings. It seems like everything is working in reverse. Does anyone know a way I can fix this? Thank you in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Screen-turns-off-when-I-plug-into-power-source/td-p/5758558
Relevancy 70.52%

I just bought an AMD RX 480 to put in my XPS 8500.  Leaving aside possibly needing to get a new PSU - I have noticed that the card extends under the front cage of the case - I am wondering how I plug the power into the card?  The card power plug is at the very back of the card.

ANyone else dealt with this issue?  Any suggestions?  I considered briefly sawing part of the front cage off since it doesn't really serve a purpose.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19995246
Relevancy 70.52%

hi i got hp dv 7 installed all drivers from hp site its all good as long i got the power plug connected but when i unplug the power plug and run the laptop on battery the graphic setting change pop up comes and youtube or any video that i watched oges slow even the net? so what could be the problem ?
just to mention if i plug the power plug back it goes back to normal again

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello I have three fans I wanted to add a fourth on the front of the case to blow in

However it comes with at the end of it is a power cord that plugs in itís a powerful fan

But it didnít come with something so I could plug it into. Is there some sort of converter?

So I can plug it in? Or am I screwed?

A:Adding another fan ran into a little power plug issue any advice?

G'day theblob, I imagine it is a computer case type fan, if so it is likely a twelve volt type. As you would be aware the normal drive type plugs from the power supply provide two different voltages using the outer pairs (each side) Including twelve volts.
So if you can find a socket to suit that type plug fit it to the fan.
You should be able to find a suitable adapter that you can modify or pick-up the correct wires in.
Alternately some motherboards have a case fan pin header near the HDDLED set which might be useable but the plug would have to be made somehow.
Cheers, qldit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-another-fan-ran-into-a-little-power-plug-issue-any-advice.365938/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey there EXPERTS nbsp My laptop has the following problem nbsp Envy m -k dx Will Not Power On- LED On- Not Plug-In Envy Power m7-k211dx Blinks... Will AC LED Near Near AC Plug Blinks x When Power Button is Pressed nbsp I've performed hard reset by taking out battery and holding in the power button no luck nbsp The blinks of the blue led lite occur only when the AC is plugged in then when the power on button is pressed This happens regardless of the battery being in or out When the AC pin is plugged in there is no action at all on the led light no blink not on only if the Power On button is pressed then blinks and nothing further I have tried holding the power button for over seconds but nothing after the initial blinks nbsp I've tried using power cords- both have been v output with one being a and the other an iGo Green power supply with the correct tip Given that the led light does not illuminate when the power is plugged in I'm assuming that Envy m7-k211dx Will Not Power On- LED Near AC Plug-In Blinks... the battery is not being charged I can't tell if the battery has a Envy m7-k211dx Will Not Power On- LED Near AC Plug-In Blinks... charge or not it is HP part - ICR v mAh mfg and says replace with HP spare - It is a HP VI nbsp Sorry if TMI but better too Envy m7-k211dx Will Not Power On- LED Near AC Plug-In Blinks... much than little right I feel certain that the blinks by the led only when AC power is plugged in and the power button pressed is telling something and I'd be most grateful if one of you folks could give me some guidance nbsp Mike

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-m7-k211dx-Will-Not-Power-On-LED-Near-AC-Plug-In-Blinks/td-p/5747894
Relevancy 70.09%

alright im gonna be runnin a amd 4800+ x2. and like 1 or 2 gb of 3200 ram. and a evga 7950gt Oc'ed graphics card. what would u say a good power supply would be to run that???? in the future i might add a second card. so yea give me some links or something. thanks

A:power supply

http://compreviews.about.com/od/cases/bb/PSU.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply.503992/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Compaq Presario Living in Florida I often power down the PC and unplug the surge protector during storms When I turn on the power to the PC I can see the green light on the power supply come on When I hit the power switch on or Supply other? Power front on PC more times than not the power supply immediately turns off that is the green light is turned off and the Power Supply or other? PC is totally dead When this occurs I unplug the power to PC which apparently resets the power supply and try to turn the PC on Eventually it stays on and boots up Once up I do not Power Supply or other? have any problems Does this sound like a power supply problem I fear instead that the power supply is getting some signal or not getting a quot good power quot signal from the motherboard and shuts down meaning the problem is in the motherboard or periherals More info that may help This PC has always been flaky While still under warranty the power supply died and was replaced The internal USB ports do not work so I bought a PCI USB card to get around that problem The internal floppy drive does not work either I just do not use it nbsp

A:Power Supply or other?

I would first suspect one of your subsystems may be loading down the power supply. If it were my machine, I would open up the case and systematically unplug the power from your peripherals one at a time and then power up after each disconnect. If the power stays on after a disconnect then you probably found the culprit. Eventually, you may have to disconnect power from the motherboard. Once everything is disconnected and the power still won't stay on, then I would suspect the power supply. Be sure to unplug the AC power each time you stick your hands inside the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-or-other.376505/
Relevancy 70.09%

on a atx power supply, which pins do you jump to make unit come on when not installed so voltages can be checked on bench

A:power supply

This should help http://www.duxcw.com/faq/ps/ps4.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply.650169/