Windows Support Forum

1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network

Q: 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network

Ok I have computers on a home network Windows XP and one Redhat Linux Fedora Core About a month ago one of the windows boxes 1 computer network now has file transfer on network slow a internet suddenly and on suddenly went 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network from about Kb s download to Kb s download from various newsgroups Also when trying to pull AND push files to that same box it is a very slow file transfer I didn t load any new 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network software in that time and I waited so long because at the time the newsgroup server that I am using reported problems associated with Hurricane Rita This of course doesn t explain the network speed I ve run speed tests on all the other computers and they all report download speeds of about Kb s and upload speeds of about Kb s except the one and it has download speeds of about Kb s and upload speeds the same about Kb s After I noticed the speed reduction I loaded a firewall Protowall and I downloaded the latest beta of Microsoft Anti-Spyware and ran it Also I have Norton with the latest updates and it reports no problems Please let me know if you need more info or if someone had any general tips to try I am about at the end of my rope and reformatting looks like the only other option to me Thanks Mike in Ohio Edit Forgot to say I went to differnt speed testing web sites and they all report the download speed the same on that one box about Kb s and the others are around Kb s nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: 1 computer on a network suddenly now has slow file transfer on internet and network

Are all the computers wired similarly? All run to the same router/switch?

You should check the cable of the problematic machine, try using ping to the router with 1400 byte packets. Also, boot up some CD Linux or equivalent and see what speeds you get from there - helps to rule out any problems with the operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-computer-on-a-network-suddenly-now-has-slow-file-transfer-on-internet-and-network.35247/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi i have bought a notebook with vista 32 bit home basic and didnt like vista so i upgraded it to windows 7 64bit after 1 day usage. Generally i found new os fine but i have a problem with file copying from my desktop (running xp sp3). My transfer speed is only 1.5 mbyte per second. Notebook has atheros 5007eg (54mbit) wireless lan and desktop has realtek gigabit lan. And my router is airties rt-205 with 125mbit wireless signal.
I have done the following things but it's still same.

*netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable.
*Turn off Remote Differential Compression.
*Disabled Remote Assistance.
*Unchecked ipv6.

Is there any other way to fix the problem?

A:Slow File Transfer Over Network

You can try disabling Netbios in the ip config pages for each machine. Install NetBEUI to each machine. Google it. Not difficult. Reboot each machine after.

Now test your speeds.

If the notebook is the only machine on your network that uses wireless, set the router to G standard for wireless. Not Super G, or any other fancy name. Only G. If there is an 802.11g Only Mode in the router's settings, apply that.

If there is a preamble setting in the router, set it to short.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/25843-slow-file-transfer-over-network.html
Relevancy 93.74%

When I transfer a 4-6 GB file, I get about 10-13MB/s. When I try to transfer a 200 MB folder full of plaintext source code, it slows to a crawl 400-800KB/s. I have RDC uninstalled and autotuning disabled. is this a well known issue, and if so is there a fix.

transfer from server 2k8 x86 to Vista ultimate x64

A:network slow text file transfer

How many files totaling 200 MB? If it is several hundred files then that is going to be the root of the problem....

Also, do you have an antimalware product installed with realtime scanning enabled? If so, that is going to multiply the effect, as it is going to scan each file as it is accessed, then again as it is copied to the new location, thereby severely slowing your throughput.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/178030-network-slow-text-file-transfer.html
Relevancy 93.74%

my network setup is:
-TP-Link wirelesAP/Router with DD-Wrt installed
-Computer A - File server win xp sp3
-Computer B - My laptop win 7 x64 sp1
-Computer C - Wife's pc win 7 x64 sp1

issue: file transfer from/to xp from my laptop very slow while PC is turned off. as soon as i turn pc on all gets good. this looks really weird to me, anyone have any idea what can be the cause?
all of these 3 are connected with cable not wireless, i also have tried changing the port of the laptop cable on the router but didnt change anything.

A:Network file transfer slow while PC is turned off

Sorry but I don't understand? Do you mean when your wife's PC is turned off the xfer is slow to/from your PC?

Did you install DD-WRT to bridge two routers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208919-network-file-transfer-slow-while-pc-turned-off.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Configuration: 2 same PC's with ASUSP8H61 motherboard and 4MB PC a-32bit Win7, PC b-64bit Win7 connected with a switch and static IP.

IPconfig/all on both PC's the same.

Problem:
Transferring files from a to b is no problem, using the a-explorer
retrieving files from a to b is very slow (10 minutes for 6MB) using the b-explorer

for example when I open the image viewer on PC a and retrieve a file from pc b the image will show up directly
when I open the image viewer on PC b and retrieve a file from PC a it takes a very long time (up to 10 minutes) to show up on the screen.

Who has a suggestion?
Thanks

A:very slow file transfer in Windows network

What switch you have? Try different ports, try restarting the switch, replace the LAN cables, update LAN drivers on the computers and then try...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-file-transfer-in-windows-network.1051807/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi everyone,

I've got a little networking problem and hope someone can help...

I have a Dell XPS 15Z with gigabit ethernet port, have dgs 1005d gigabit switch and WDTV live hub also with gigabit "capability"... The network cables should be fine...

The issue is that the file transfer (these are usually HD movies) from my laptop to WDTV are rather slow having in mind it's a gigabit network connection... The speed tops 15 MB/s. Same thing if I connect WDTV directly with my laptop. Any advice?

The switch indicates (green light) it has set-up a gigabit connection both with WDTV and my laptop.

I have disabled autotuning, RDC, AV software etc. Tried with jumbo frames, disabling flow control - EVERYTHING

I'm pretty desperate, so if someone out here could help, I would appreciate it...

Thanks

A:Gigabit network SLOW file transfer

Welcome to SF,

From your computer's Device Manager, locate the Network Adapter, Advanced Tab then find Link Speed and Duplex, change the setting here from Auto Detect to Auto negotiate 1000mbps, see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/193956-gigabit-network-slow-file-transfer.html
Relevancy 92.88%

So I know that at one point in the past my Home Network File Transfer Speeds use to be better than what I m getting at the moment I m by no means Network Savvy so please bare with me I know enough just to get into trouble Question From what I ve been told your Home Network Speeds can be put to a screeching Home Slow Network Transfer File over Speeds halt if you have a device that is particularly slower than most of your other devices ie a b device where most of the devices Slow File Transfer Speeds over Home Network on your network are g or n or a device where most others are Is this true My Setup I have fairly new Toshiba Satellite Laptops n that are almost always connected via WiFi and not LAN I have D-Link DIR L AC Router centrally located in my home for the best reach of signals I have WD My Book Live TB NAS connected directly to my Router via Ethernet I have Samsung Series Smart TV I have D-Link Baby Monitor connected via WiFi b I quot THINK quot I have iPad Mini iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S that are all also connected All my Ethernet Cable is Cat e hard to find where I live My Router Channel is manually set to best possible due to conflicting Home Networks around my area Router Mode is set to Mixed Mode a b g n All of my devices except our phones fall into this category Both of my Computers are joined in a Home Group Now here are my current speeds I tested a few different methods on both of my Computers all Methods using the same gb MP File The purpose of these Tests are to try and find the best setup for my Home Network to ultimately move Large MP files from either of my laptops to my NAS in the quickest possible time File Copy Test Results Transfer Speeds Indicated by Windows File Transfer Window Newest Toshiba Satellite Running Windows fully up to date GB Internal Standard Harddrive non-SSD NAS to Computer to MBps Wireless NAS to Router via Eithernet to Computer via Ethernet - MBs Wired NAS to Computer via Ethernet - mbps Average - MBps Wired HomeGroup Older Satellite to Newer Satellite - MBps Wireless Computer to NAS - MBps Wireless Computer to Router via Eithernet to NAS via Ethernet - MBps Wired Computer to NAS via Ethernet - MBps Average - MBps Wired Now that you ve seen a little info any ideas Again I m not a Network Wiz by any means but I have been messing with Computers A LOT since I was a child not as much as now as I use to but still the same And it baffles me as to why I m not getting more than MBps Transfer speeds to and from my NAS Wired I mean come on seconds to transfer a gb movie WIRED A little while back that seemed acceptable Something sounds off to me and I m trying to find out what Before I was achieving transfer speeds of upwards of - MBps on my Home Network I don t know when my Network fell apart because I stopped paying it attention for a while because everything was fine Any ideas Also my Router Settings are available if needed Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 92.88%

Frm: Windows 10, Asus Maximus III MoBo. Realtek Gig Network. Windows or Asus mb drivers, not sure.

Through: Linksys gig switch to netgear gig switch

To: Dell R710 with gig cards running Vsphere 6, to a default VM (1 cpu, 2 gigs ram) running CentOS 7.2

using Cygwin to use scp to transfer large (3 gigs or so each) files to a VM. scp -r * to a CIFS volume on the VM.

starts at 40 mb/s and slowly drops to 5 mb/s.

oddly, if I bring up Steam and play Doom II (old Dosbox game) my transfer kicks up to 80 mb/s. Rocksmith only gets to 65 mb/s and Carmageddon Reincarnation gets to 75 mb/s.

If I exit the game entirely, the speed slows back down to 5 mb/s until I start up a game.

I imagine it's something to do with the games taking over the system but it is puzzling.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/68258-slow-network-speed-during-file-transfer-unless-gaming.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I have a laptop and PCs 7 windows in direction file one between transfer network Slow a desktop pc both running windows home premium nbsp My laptop is connected via WiFI nbsp My desktop is connected via Ethernet nbsp I'm using a Linksys WRT NL router nbsp Everything is running the latest drivers firmware When I try to copy a file from my Slow network file transfer in one direction between windows 7 PCs desktop to my laptop I am getting about Kb s data transfer as per the quot Details quot panel when copying a large file nbsp However if I transfer a file from the laptop to the desktop I'm getting about Mb s data transfer nbsp Any ideas Oh and the internet speed is fine from the laptop and the desktop speedtest shows at about Mbs on a Mbs DSL link I've tried disabling RDC on my laptop no luck I've tried disabling IPv on my laptop no luck I've tried disabling auto-tuning on my laptop no luck I've tried disabling power management on my laptop no lock I have no idea what else to try

A:Slow network file transfer in one direction between windows 7 PCs

Hi,

Try disabling Receive Window Auto-Tuning:
1 Go to Start and type cmd.
2 Right-click on cmd and select “Run as administrator”.
3 Type: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled and press
Enter.
If you want to to re-enable it:

Type: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
and press Enter.
Also you can try
configure the network card :

1.
Click the Start Button, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box and press Enter.
                                                                                                 2.
Double click to expand "Network Adaptors".
                                                                                                 3.
Right click your network card and click Properties.                                                    

4. Click Advance tab. High light Speed & Duplex
                                                                                                 5.
If you would like to use the full functionality, please set the Value to the highes... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a13894ab-6df4-42e0-8f02-2b58311b2eae/slow-network-file-transfer-in-one-direction-between-windows-7-pcs?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 91.59%

ok folks i am begging someone on here to help me - on the verge over transfer - (wired) random File network slow, speeds very LAN of going back to windows File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random Tried everything help me please i have an x chipset pc i k gb ram gtx nvidia - its a good pc meant to be anyway it's connected directly to my router as are a few other pc's in the house including a laptop - all via lan cable as is my NAS drive a few weeks ago i noticed file transfer speeds had dropped really slow I've tried all sorts including fresh formats trying a combination of things Different slots on the router different cables the whole 'large send offload' disabled thing everything None of it works I've been doing side by File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random side tests vs my Asus laptop also on windows and the last thing i'd expect in the house to work properly - transferring the same file from the same location on my NAS to File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random a local drive ssd drives both on laptop and on pc With the laptop i get average transfer speeds of this gb file of - mb s every time consistently No problem at all With the PC one time it will start at - and slow right down Other times it'll start at and again slow down Or it'll stay at More often than not it starts at - then will slow to - On the laptop its a consistent - and stays there for the entire file What the hell is wrong with my pc I've done the exact same tests on my little shuttle pc in the lounge a crappy thing with a simple i cpu no graphics card No issues at all - i can scroll through files on the NAS located upstairs smoothly with no issue using video editing software for instance So this is definitely a PC only issue it's not network or router related - as the downstairs pc laptop check out fine Here's a full list of things i've tried to fix it - tried different lan cables - tried different slot on router - clean format update windows then install mobo drivers - clean format install mobo drivers then update windows - updated all mobo drivers including LAN driver - removed gigabyte lan driver and tried using default windows one installed on restart - gone into the properties of the adapter - disabled that 'offload' thing as mentioned above none of it has made any difference This is after x clean format attempts no other programs installed Why has it started doing this It's as if its detecting a high speed of transfer from NAS to PC and the pc is throttling it down or something Is there any program that will let me see what is causing the speed drop anything else i've not tried pleasee help i really don't want to have to install windows need dx for gaming in future

A:File transfer speeds over LAN network (wired) - very slow, random

Checked Netbios is enabled , not on Default ? (on all PC's on Win 10 , it seems to be an issue for some)

Also if Jumbo Frame is Enabled and your Router or the other PC can't use it , it will cause issues like this . EVERY DEVICE on the LAN MUST Support JumboFrame if you use it. ie my C7 ARCHER can't.... everything else can....

If that doesn't help , this is my goto list I posted in another Thread for them to check too.

Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63454-file-transfer-speeds-over-lan-network-wired-very-slow-random.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I have a network problem and it may be a bit hard to explain my situation fully but I ll try to cover the pertinent information Basically when I do anything network intensive like a file transfer the file transfer will work but it will kill all other network activities I can t browse the web or IM during this time as Firefox will say that it s timed out and IM will drop off and disconnect The network setup I m using is hard to explain fully but the basic core of it is a router with an access point linked via WDS The router provides wifi through the house and also connects to the AP with WDS full g signal The AP basically just gives me hardwired Ethernet ports for my equipment which is in a location where it would be very difficult to hardwire Both the router and AP are running the latest quot tomato quot aftermarket firmware FWIW Almost all of my transfers involve going from wired to wireless I tested my transfer network stops other network Wireless activity? file all transfer speed during several file transfers and got just a tad over MB s mbit s which seems ok to me since it s going from wired Wireless network file transfer stops all other network activity? to wireless g If I do a transfer over Wireless network file transfer stops all other network activity? ethernet to ethernet no wireless it does not seem to cause the problem Basically it seems like the router is not dividing up wireless bandwidth as it should It seems to be only allowing the one transfer to use the wireless at any given time Is there a setting that might help me I was thinking maybe a QOS setting might help but I m not really sure what I m doing in that respect This is what my QOS menus look like if that helps Any help is appreciated I m no network whiz so take it easy on me Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless network file transfer stops all other network activity?

Have you tried another router or changed the routers location?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-file-transfer-stops-all-other-network-activity.111523/
Relevancy 89.01%

Basically my computer is linked to the internet via a wireless router and has all of a sudden become really slow at browsing There are other browsing One network on suddenly slow? wireless my is computer computers connected to the network in this house and one more that is linked to the router All of these computers are fine and have no problems at all I One computer on my wireless network is suddenly browsing slow? used to have no trouble browsing One computer on my wireless network is suddenly browsing slow? but things have become so slow lately that I get constant disconnects from Windows Live Messenger Facebook struggles to load I can t even use YouTube anymore Yet all of the other computers are fine I did upgrade to Windows months or so back and I replaced the network card in this PC a couple of months ago but its only been since last week that I ve been having these problems I have always had a decent - bars on the network signal icon but this sometimes drops to bars - which it never used to do What makes it more suspicious is that the router is only in the room next door and I have a long range adaptor The last time I had a disconnect on the computer I switched to my phone s Wi-Fi and it couldn t find the router for a while Yet all the other computers are working fine still Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem I m very capable with computers in general and I have kept this machine in very good working order so I m sure it s not a virus and I wouldn t have thought it to be a registry corruption or anything like that but this really has me stumped Thanks for any help nbsp

A:One computer on my wireless network is suddenly browsing slow?

Download and install the free copy of IOBIT Advance System Care. Once install it will start scanning for stuff then you click on repair and it will backup files then clean and fix. There are two buttons. One on the top and the one on the right. Need to run. If you install and run it, report back on it's findings.

Rule #1 Check system out
Rule #2 Check to see if Windows 7 update re-patch your wireless driver lately
Rule #3 Disable onboard Wireless and use USB wireless adapter and see what you get

Rule 1 and 3 should done. 3 is if the other two rules didn't show anything different?

Router brand, firmware check, an etc.?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-on-my-wireless-network-is-suddenly-browsing-slow.145689/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi Ever since I Background Computer/network Causing Service Intelligent Transfer Slow got this new computer about months ago the network has Background Intelligent Transfer Service Causing Slow Computer/network been going VERY slow using of one of my cores making my computer useless for the duration of the network transfer Background Dell Inspiron s GB RAM GB HDD Intel Core Duo E GHz Windows Vista Home Premium SP I have tried many things that I have found on Google NONE worked Today I needed to copy about GB in one file from an XP computer years old specs not needed to this computer It said days remaining and the computer was completely inoperable I was desperate so I disabled everything in startup except the three instances of quot Windows Operating System quot That still didn't work I then proceeded to disable every one of my services testing whether disabling them worked quot Background Intelligent Transfer Service quot quot BITS quot seemed to be the culprit to the slow computer network I disabled it and the file has been transferring as I write this post without any noticeable disruption which I started about minutes before I joined this forum I would have left it at that but a quick google search showed that some other programs services use this service Does anyone have any experience with this problem Should I keep it disabled or is there another fix PS My brother's computer another Windows Vista Home Premium GB RAM GHz AMD Dual core has no problem with network transfer even though quot BITS quot is still started PSS The reason the file is so big is because It's about hour of video at mb s Don't worry it's not pirated movies I'm making a movie for my church and the old computer is the only computer with a firewire port I know I could still buy another PCI firewire card but that still wouldn't solve my network problems PSSS There is only seconds remaining of my file transfer PSSSS I don't know if this is the way to do multiple PS's anyone can correct me if I am wrong Thanks in advance for any help The transfer is finished gigs in minutes

A:Background Intelligent Transfer Service Causing Slow Computer/network

(The transfer is finished. 23 gigs in 25 minutes!!!)So the problem is...?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/169122/background-intelligent-transfer-service-causing-slow-computernetwork/
Relevancy 87.29%

Having continuous problems with freezing and slow data transfer and am wondering if it malware or something DDS logDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by User at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files BORGChat BORGChat exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads HijackThis _ network PC1 network on slow transfer speeds exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC slow network transfer speeds _ PC1 on network WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Documents and Settings User My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks H - No FileBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No FileTB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No FileTB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - No FileuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installmRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe autoStartupFolder c docume user startm programs startup borgchat lnk - c program files borgchat BORGChat exeIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeDPF BCC -B - - C - D A B C - hxxp office microsoft com templates ieawsdc cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cabTCP D CFE -B A- E-B C- CE E Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - c program files avg avg avgpp dllNotify avgrsstarter - avgrsstx dllSSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c docume user applic mozilla firefox profiles dtam ag default FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - Yahoo SearchFF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp www google com au ig hl en amp source iglkFF - prefs js network proxy type - FF - component c program files avg avg firefox components avgssff dllFF - plugin c documents and settings user local settings application data google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files google update npGoogleOneClick dllFF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nppl dllFF - plugin c program files k-lite codec pack real browser plugins nprpjplug dllFF - HiddenExtension Java Console No Registry Reference - c pr... Read more

A:slow network transfer speeds _ PC1 on network

Hello jolly_tas,Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255034/slow-network-transfer-speeds-pc1-on-network/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have desktops laptops Samsung Tablets Kindle Tablet quot Proscan Tablet an Android Phone and an iPhone s all on my home network All computers tablets phones are updated but only on the one laptop the internet seems almost like it's cutting in and internet on only computer network Slow of one out or very very slow I updated my network driver to see if that would help and it didn't Ran all kinds of diagnostics with no conclusions Called the internet people who ran a Slow internet only on one computer of network test on my line with no problems detected I don't know what else to do They did send me a new modem which imo made the problems worse but I did have the problems before the new modem as well I completely did a system recovery back to out of box state because I hadn't done it in awhile and thought maybe a fresh os will help but nope still having problems here and there It doesn't Slow internet only on one computer of network matter what time of the day either And no one else on the network is having problems If someone could please help I'd be greatly appreciated Just let me know what other information you need Basic information windows bit HP laptop fully updated via windows update and hp support assistant

A:Slow internet only on one computer of network

Did you do a virus check? and, did you try it in safe mode with networking support?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/326651-slow-internet-only-one-computer-network.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all,

We have three computers running on our network in my apartment. A few days ago, the connection speeds of my computer have been far worse than usual, and the other two computers have not. I will be watching a stream or trying to load web pages and it's almost as if the connection freezes or drops for several seconds. And this happens constantly. Roughly two or three times a minute. The night before this started happening, Google Chrome told me an extension called Facetheme was trying to install itself. I said no, made sure to uninstall it via add/remove programs, and didn't think much of it. I went to sleep right after this. The next morning is when I began noticing these issues. I dunno if it's related to facetheme, but I thought it was worth a mention. I'm running Windows 7. Any suggestions?

A:One computer on network getting slow internet

have you tried another browser, like Internet Explorer ?

also you could try running chrome with no add-ins

Google Chrome browser.
Click the "Menu" icon in the toolbar.
Click "New Incognito Window" to open Chrome in Incognito mode with your extensions disabled. Chrome continues to run normally in the first window.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-computer-on-network-getting-slow-internet.1113830/
Relevancy 79.98%

My home network has computes operating on a hub or router I forget the difference all using the same cable internet line Using an internet benchmark my on not others but network. on computer is the one slow Internet computer seems to be operating at around kb s whereas both other computers are operating around kb s I m not sure Internet is slow on one computer but not others on the network. what is wrong My computer is older ghz p gig ram and the other two computers are new within the last months No other software was running or downloads in progress when the benchmark was in place Are there anythings I can check on my computer to make it surf faster I ve already tried using a different cord and a different slot on the router defragging the hard drive scanning for spyware and viruses I ve broken my Windows XP disks so a reinstall is not an option For what it is worth one of the other computers in the network is also running XP and the other is running Vista My computer has been running this way for as long as I can remember I just kinda assumed it was normal until I got frustrated with it Could it be something to do with the network card Or is it something software related EDIT one more thing to add It s a cable line but peak time is not the only time it is slow - it seems to be slow at all hours of the day nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

I'm having a very strange issue here I have two machines one Windows Professional machine as a client and an XP Pro machine that I'm using as a server a game server However to install the files I need on the server very slow Transfer Network I have to transfer them from my client thus switching roles but don't let that confuse you The only issue is when connecting to the internet I get about Mb s transfer rates on both machines however when using Windows Explorer to transfer files from the client to the server the file transfer speed is about bytes per second Yes bytes But here's the kicker when I use Network Transfer very slow a program called TerraCopy to transfer files it moves the files much faster about - MB s What on earth could this possibly be Oh yes I'm using a wireless network but I Network Transfer very slow also tried using a different router and hard wiring both machines together and got the exact same result

A:Network Transfer very slow

Turn off Remote Differential Compression.
Go to windows programs/features..then 'turn windows features on/off'.

Then wack that worthless 'option'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/94226-network-transfer-very-slow.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Today, I bought an External Hard Drive...WD My Book Live 2TB

When transfering all my music and films to it... I noticed I was getting a peak transfer speed of 10 MBps

My BT Infinity Modem can apparently handle up to 1,000 Mbps.

My math tells me that 1,000 / 8 != 10...

What is bottle-necking my speed? How can I fix that?

I am using Ethernet cables to do it all....

It is not the external Hard drive, it has a built in CPU to help with the speeds and remote cloud access...

I noticed this problem in the past but haven't a clue...

A:Slow network transfer

I take it that your NIC is set up to transmit data at 1000Mbps, under the Network Connections properties? (apologies in advance if this is ridiculously obvious! )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-network-transfer.181250/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have 3-Com NIC cards (10/100 PCI TX NIC 3C905B-TX)in both Pentium III (one 450 the other 500)computers. The transfer rate seems to be terribly slow. MP3 files, for instance, (3 or four totalling about 16 mbs) take about an hour to transfer from one computer to the other. I have run diagnostic programs and checked the little lights on the cards and all seems okay. I live in Florida and have the cable running through the ceiling. I wonder if the heat is causing the rate to slow?

Thanks for any help.

Ken

Relevancy 79.12%

Hello slow with internet network One entire computer on folks I looked through a bunch of threads on the forums but none of the solutions provided in any of them seemed to solve my problem Within in the last few weeks the wireless internet on my desktop PC has become agonizingly slow I ve not found any malware or viruses on any scans I ve run I thought it was my adapter but I swapped it out for a PCI card and it s not any better My laptop has no connection problems even when I stand in precisely the same One computer on entire network with slow internet spot as my desktop is so I doubt it s the wireless signal I ve provided a HJT log If I can provide any more information that would be help let me know Thanks very much in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C One computer on entire network with slow internet WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor WMP Gv exe One computer on entire network with slow internet C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Winamp Toolbar - EBF BA - - c a- B-BB F D DE - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dll O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item amp Winamp Search - C Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS Application Data Winamp Toolbar ieToolbar resources en-US local search html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Re... Read more

A:One computer on entire network with slow internet

you could try going into msconfig and in start up uncheck micro trend firewall and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-computer-on-entire-network-with-slow-internet.960866/
Relevancy 79.12%

I believe it should be malware that is the problem because all other computers on my network are running blazing fast There are like once every months where the internet will be computer 1 in only Slow network Recurring on internet fast for week or so before it all of a sudden goes back to its slow ways This can happen unexpectedly Here is my HiJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe Recurring Slow internet on only 1 computer in network C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard CLJ Toolbox HPPOUMUI EXE C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee AntiSpyware Msssrv exe C Program Files NDAS System ndassvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Wireless LAN WlanUtil exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfimon exe C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http amp s uHUrhqKJDGlHZtvWlpriLjgzWg R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - Toolbar Veoh Web Player Video Finder - FBB -D D - f a-A E - B BFC - C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer VeohIEToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort IndexSearch exe O - HKLM Run SetDefPrt C Program Files Brother Brmfl a BrStDvPt exe O - HKLM Run ControlCenter C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe autorun O - HKLM Run BrMfcWnd C Program Fi... Read more

A:Recurring Slow internet on only 1 computer in network

If you have a malware problem this thread should be moved to the Virus & Other Malware Removal forum. I don't read HJT logs for malware, but couldn't help seeing some other things that could explain the sluggishness you experience.

I see some evidence of at least 3 anti-malware applications running--McAfee, Norton and Ad-Aware--and one, AVG, that maybe was uninstalled but did not go completely away.

AVG has a Removal Tool, that you should run.

I stopped using Ad-Aware when they added an always-running component, so am not sure with what it does or does not conflict. Suggest that you do not have both it and McAfee Anti-Spyware running at the same time.

If McAfee or Norton is more than anti-spyware and anti-virus, respectively, do not have them both running at the same time. Both McAfee and Symantec have Removal Tools that should be used after any uninstall.

Google Toolbar, and any other toolbar addition, sometimes causes networking isssues, so I suggest you uninstall that until your issue gets solved.

My suggestion is to clean up (use the Removal Tools) all the above and (at least temporarily) rely on your router and the Windows firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials. After your issue is cleared you can then revert to the security applications that you prefer.

OTOH, at any time you can pursue the malware angle by clicking on Report and requesting that this thread be moved to Virus & Other Malware Removal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recurring-slow-internet-on-only-1-computer-in-network.921748/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi there here in my work My slow speed computer down in the network internet my we have like computers we all connect to a wireless modem using USB G wireless cards when i use mine i can easily use the internet service for about or hours working so well the My computer slow down the internet speed in my network usb card led flashes only when im loading something and suddenly the entire network slow down i can see the wireless card LED flashing continously and it doesnt stop i know for sure its my computer because i disconnect my USB wireless card and the entire network go back to the normal speed i used to have another usb card and now we bought a Linksys one and the same problem happens I hope you can help me By the way sorry about my english im from Mexico P thanks and regards DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Newhomepage at on Thu Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows system svshost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Users Newhomepage Desktop gmer exe C Users Newhomepage Desktop dds scr Psuedo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uStart Page hxxp www google com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mDefault Page URL hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie BHO E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO - F - D - - D F - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - c progra micros office GRA E DLL BHO BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll BHO AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - c progr... Read more

Relevancy 79.12%

Win XP Pro SP2
Hey everyone. I have an issue that's driving me nuts. All of a sudden my internet download speed seems to have dropped. But, when viewing my connection or doing online speed tests, the speeds are actually great. I cannot stream video most of the time and images take longer than ever before to load. Web pages sometimes load fast and other times they will hang for a little while before downloading. If I try to download a file, my download box pops up but takes at least a minute or two to begin showing progress. Its as if im behind a proxy or something. The real kicker is that when im in safe mode with networking my speeds are great. My actually system is working as smooth as ever. Any suggestions here?

Thanks,

Mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382219/internet-speeds-slow-one-one-computer-in-network/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi there I have about - computers on my network About two days ago one of my computer became real slow on getting internet or browsing any sites All other computers on the network are just fine I did the speedtest and this computer s speed came as kb s compared to others as mb s Can anyone tell me what could be wrong here I have not changed anything or loaded any software on this computer All the sudden it just became slow The computer itself is not slow as I can explore my local drive and open other programs just but it is just browsing internet that is real slow I ran the Superantispyware but did not find anything critical I have also ran AdAware and Complete scan through Avast Anti-Virus but had no luck I had few tracking cookies even those are cleaned out now Below is my HijackThis log file Any help would be appreciated I really need to get this computer back to normal as this is my workstation at work and I have to fix this problem as soon as possible Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running internet the is network computer on extremely on of One slow processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system One of the computer on network is extremely slow on internet services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System nvraidservice exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files HP ToolBoxFX bin HPTLBXFX exe C Program Files CyberLink PCM Everio EverioService exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C WINDOWS System wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Documents and Settings Server Local Settings Temp jkos-Server binaries ScanningProcess exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acr... Read more

Relevancy 78.69%

I had no problems with my network when i was home but when i went to my friend and connected my download speed went from to kb s and back to really slow. suddenly network is My for a long time He got fiber mbit network and the download speed is fine for him There is also sometimes when i cant open a site in my browser And it takes ages to load them I wonder what the problem is i checked the cable and it worked perfectly on my friends pc It has to be my pc pc specs Tech Support Guy System Info My network is suddenly really slow. Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz My network is suddenly really slow. Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - My network is suddenly really slow. MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire M Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled And yea the network works perfectly to other friends nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

What is the easiest way I can transfer files over ethernet from my desktop to my laptop? Do I have to setup a HomeGroup to do this?

A:File transfer over network

Open computer (my computer) on desktop. Go to organize near top left then choose folder and search options. Go to view tab. Then at bottom in advanced settings, uncheck use sharing wizard.

Now go to the folder or drive you wish to share. Right click on it and choose properties, then sharing tab. Click advanced sharing.

Now check the box to put share this folder. Enter a unique share name. If you will only be sharing to the laptop, put simultaneous users to 1. Hit permissions box and change that to your satisfaction. I personally use "everyone" and allow all permissions. OK your way out.

Make sure you have a password set for your desktop account to share from. If not, create one.

Now you can go on your laptop, open computer (my computer) and map the network drive that we just created. Examples are

\\DesktopIpAddress\uniquesharename

or

\\computername\uniquesharename

If anything is confusing or you need further help, post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/8988-file-transfer-over-network.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a small wired home network of two computers both running Windows XP Home (SP2). My problem is that I can copy or move files from computer B to A, but not from A to B. However if I am on computer B, I can pull files from computer A. The message I get when trying to transfer from A to B is this:
"Cannot copy file: Access is denied. Make sure that the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use."
The disk is not full or write-protected, and the file is not in use.
File sharing is enabled on the folders from which I am trying to transfer files.
Why is this happening? It seems to be more of an access to files problem than a network issue, but I have been unable to find a solution anywhere.

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi there I m having trouble with one computer on a wireless network The network has three Slow network internet wireless on on Solved: computer one computers on it and runs at Mbps because one is a Solved: Slow internet on one computer on wireless network b device All the Solved: Slow internet on one computer on wireless network rest are g devices The router Solved: Slow internet on one computer on wireless network is a Billion broadband modem router and the problem wireless card is made by Minitar One computer was running very slow and could not access the internet so I decided to format and re install XP rather than look for malware or other problems Now the overall computer speed is better but internet speed is very slow so slow that when checking email or browsing the connection times out before anything downloads I m not sure what s wrong because both other computers on the network run perfectly and internet speed is great I have re installed drivers for the wireless card downloaded the latest updates tried using Windows to manage the connection tried using the Minitar software to manage it scanned for malware checked the firewall settings and still no solution Even more strangely the wireless signal is Excellent and says Mbps Does anyone have any idea what I could do Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

I use XP Pro with SP3

I use Linksys LNE100TX Fast Ethernet Adapter(LNE100TX v4) to connect to my network/internet.

My router is a DLink dir655

I use FileZilla to transfer movies etc to my hardrive connected to my WDTV (media player). My network connection is via Netgreat powerline Adapters.

All I get is about 200 to 500kbs. I am told that enabling Flow Control and disabling Jumbo Frames could make a difference however, I have no idea how to do this. Is this something in my modem console screen? In my Internet Card?

I need help to see if I can speed up the transfer process.

A:Slow transfer rate through my network

The bottleneck may be in your power line connection. For testing purpose, can you temporarily bypass the power line adapters with a wired Ethernet connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-transfer-rate-through-my-network.975727/
Relevancy 78.26%

I m transfer Network rates Slow on what is currently a person network Just used for simple home connectivity Both computers are using Windows XP and LinkSys tx network adapters My hub is a person mbps non-switching hub Decent setup My problem began some number of months ago actually but I haven Slow Network transfer rates t paid much attention to it since the network is used primarily for gaming When I DO copy files however I m getting something like mbps transfer rates Perhaps even slower I ve wondered if the hub is auto-sensing one or all of the network cards Slow Network transfer rates as mbps because I can t find anything else wrong and Slow Network transfer rates the problem goes largely unexplained A few months ago I was copying mb files in a matter of seconds Now it takes roughly minutes On a good day Both of the computers while copying files have been idle Also both hard disks are very capable No local disk or disk controll problems And judging by the disk activity LED indicators they are both not even close to load while copying is in progress I wanted to ask if anyone else has had this happen or if anyone has suggestions as to what could cause this so that I might be able to fix it nbsp

A:Slow Network transfer rates

I wish Windows was that simple.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-network-transfer-rates.1735/
Relevancy 78.26%

I'm trying to transfer between my Desktop computer (XP) and laptop (Windows 7). When I do it wifi it only transfers at speeds between 1MBs to 3MBs. When I physically connect to my router I get better speeds at 10-11Mbs. However in both cases on large files it loses connection.

It says that connection lost/failed and gives me option of retry/skip. When I hit retry it still doesn't work. When I disconnect and retry that method it starts up again from scratch however rarely does it fully transfer a file. These files are anywhere from 2GIGs to 4GIGS.

I don't have anti-security on either computer. I'm using new Netgear router.

Any ideas? Is there another method to transfer locally without using windows explorer? Maybe 3rd party program.

A:Slow Network Transfer & Disconnect

Quote: Originally Posted by jpargo

I'm trying to transfer between my Desktop computer (XP) and laptop (Windows 7). When I do it wifi it only transfers at speeds between 1MBs to 3MBs. When I physically connect to my router I get better speeds at 10-11Mbs. However in both cases on large files it loses connection.

It says that connection lost/failed and gives me option of retry/skip. When I hit retry it still doesn't work. When I disconnect and retry that method it starts up again from scratch however rarely does it fully transfer a file. These files are anywhere from 2GIGs to 4GIGS.

Can you post the error message?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/150802-slow-network-transfer-disconnect.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I ve set up relatively old PC for use as transfer slow network issue Another a file server containing mainly media files mp s jpgs divxs and vobs I have the server connected via wired ethernet to my wireless router D-Link DSL-G T and laptops connected wirelessly to the router I have enabled a music folder on the server as a share but when I access it from one of the client laptops and play an mp the audio would hang or freeze at several places in a song for two or three seconds until it resumes Also when I attempt to copy files from Another slow network transfer issue a share to the local disk it takes forever i e it gave me an estimate of mins to move about mb Now this can t be right can it I know that wi-fi is much slower than ethernet for various reasons but still I make that at around KB s - I can get more than that off Another slow network transfer issue the internet Is anyone familiar with this problem Is there something that I need to enable such as some settings on either pc or add a windows components from add progs or change something in my router s setup Do I need to set up some kind of media server at either end to facilitate the streaming of audio video across the network Has anyone had any problems doing this with D-Link I doubt that the wireless link should be an issue - the bitrate of mp s is sufficiently low for Mbps to cope no problem I ve tried things like remote desktop and that seems to work fine I do not have any rd party firewall apps on any of the computers only WinXP SP Firewall and also the firewall on the router All PCs run on Win XP SP Any suggestions I know there s a few post about this already on the forum but none that are identical to this and none that give me any suggestions that I haven t already tried Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

Using Easy Transfer from a Win7 desktop to a W7 laptop [over a network] a 17.5 GB data partition transfer took over 5hrs. It all went smoothly but ... is this a reasonable time ?

A:Slow network W7 'Easy Transfer' between PCs ?

The "Easy Transfer" is nice and easy but it is definately SLOW. That is IMHO completely normal

In fact when I use it I use iot to transfer the user account and all setings but NOT my main user files. Those I transfer by hand so then it only takes a few minutes for the easy transfer portion then maybe a half hour or something for the files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/154931-slow-network-w7-easy-transfer-between-pcs.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi,

I just bought a new 500 GB network server, and I hooked it into my wireless router (Netgear MR814v2). I wanted to transfer a bunch of files to it from my laptop, which accesses the network wirelessly (probably not a word, but you know what I mean), but the first time I went to transfer a 4 GB iso file, it came up that the transfer was going to take 149 minutes. Now granted, that's a big file, but that's pretty slow. I should point out (if it's not obvious) that I know next to nothing about networking. I've fudged my way through it so far, but I want to be able to speed up the file transfer in order to use this drive effectively.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi All Here is my problem In this case I transfer speed network over Slow am trying to transfer pictures from one of my XP systems to my Windows Home Premium system over my wired network Between the XP systems things run fairly quick But not with involved When I go to transfer the pictures that I want it tells me that it will take minutes And this is for only MB of data Tell me this can get better Being new to I have no idea where to look for the problem I tried searching Microsoft's site and the help files on my system I just can't find a solution Here is Slow transfer speed over network some more info and maybe some you don't need On the Windows system I can access all the shared folders on my other systems all XP SP If I go to the network map my other systems are marked as quot The following discovered devices can not be placed in the map quot I don't know if that is a problem or not The reason I did that is because I was reading through the Microsoft site Slow transfer speed over network on file sharing and that was mentioned It also mentions a program called LLTD which may be needed on -bit XP systems I tried installing that on my Slow transfer speed over network XP system but it said I didn't need it As far as the file transfer while sitting at my XP system access is denied when I try to access the shared folder for my pictures on Windows Now if I transfer them to the Users Public Pictures folder it will transfer them in just over minutes Still a little slow in my opinion and not where I want them Why can I transfer there and not into the folder I want them And why is quicker to transfer while sitting at my XP system I have made sure that all the systems have the same workgroup name I have also tried disconnecting the power from my modem router and all systems then powering each one up one at a time That was suggested to me before It didn't change anything One last thing While starting my Windows system as soon as it was at the desktop I tried to transfer the pictures again and the transfer took off Almost immediately it said that there was seconds left It was flying like I thought it should Less then a minute into the transfer it hit a wall and changed to about minutes Go figure I checked my settings for the folders I want to transfer to and they are set as shared Maybe at that point a security program started up I don't know I do have a trial version of Norton's Internet Security installed It came preloaded with the system I was thinking of removing that and going with Avast free I have checked any firewalls and did disable them No difference I tried to list everything I've tried Hopefully some helpful info in there I find it strange that I can access the shared folders but not transfer from them Any thoughts on what to do Is there a setting in Windows that needs to be changed Thanks in advance Mike

A:Slow transfer speed over network

Most likely either the NIC drivers on the Windows 7 machine or the firmware of your router could use an update to work with Windows 7.

There are plenty of very recent driver updates for your board in the link below. The realtek network controller dated 11/09 is probably the one you need.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=4011295

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/49598-slow-transfer-speed-over-network.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Same trouble as my earlier post the other PC on the networkThankyou in advance cant get an Ark log as rootrepeal keeps freezing when scanning files By checking all other boxes but files then the program crashes in a second after pressing scan DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tiffany at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP data slow transfer PC2 - network AVG Anti-Virus Free enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live disabled Updated DAE- F - D - - E CFFDAA SP Windows Defender enabled Updated slow network data transfer - PC2 D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC slow network data transfer - PC2 Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe slow network data transfer - PC2 -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSService exeC Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRecoveryService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobileC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows RTHDCPL exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files MagicTune Premium GammaTray exeC Program Files BORGChat BORGChat exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system NOTEPAD EXEC Users Tiffany FirefoxPortable App firefox firefox exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Users Tiffany Downloads dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google comuStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com iemStart Page hxxp en us acer yahoo commDefault Page URL hxxp en us acer yahoo comuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword suURLSearchHooks H - No FileuURLSearchHooks H - No FilemURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllBHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No FileBHO ShowBarObj Class a f b - a - aa - d - b b e - c acer empowering technology edatasecurity x ActiveToolBand dllBHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program file... Read more

A:slow network data transfer - PC2

Hello,

As with your other thread, please post a new HijackThis log and let me know of any changes that might have occurred since you originally posted.

Thanks,
tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255043/slow-network-data-transfer-pc2/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi guys,
I have three computers on my home network:
(a) desktop in the office with ASUS USB-N53 adapter
(b) new desktop in the office with fairly old Broadcom PCI 802.11g adapter
(c) media box hooked up to TV hard wired to router

I recently mapped a drive on system A so that it could be shared with system B (they are side by side). Unfortunately, upon trying to transfer files the speeds are terrible! I am only getting between 500kb/s and 1mb/s.
Is this due to my relatively old wireless G adapter?

A:Slow Transfer Speeds over Network

It could be. You really need to use on both desktops wired connections. If you are going to use Wifi and transfer large files. You may want to invest into a Wireless-ac router and same for the adapters for the computers.

Wireless transfers only go as fast as the slowest connection.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47750-slow-transfer-speeds-over-network.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I used to be able to transfer files between my home built NAS (W7U64) with around MB/s now its less than KB/s. Both computers will quickly access the internet and download quickly from the internet. My netbook will do 3MB/s over wifi.
Setup
Desktop: W7U64, 4gb ram, intel 2 core 3ghz, 100mb/s network adapter
100 foot cat6
Dlink dir-825
3 foot cat 5
NAS: W7U64, 4gb ram, intel 2 core 2.8ghz, 100mb/s network adapter

Actually the connection was even more complex before with faster speeds.
I've tried everything. Uninstal avg, set to 100mb/s full dubplex, disabled firewalls, disabled network compression.
The only thing that has changed was my brother installed something with tons of bloatware that was somewhat stubborn to remove on the desktop.

A:Network transfer used to be fast now slow

Quote: Originally Posted by ytypo123

I used to be able to transfer files between my home built NAS (W7U64) with around MB/s now its less than KB/s. Both computers will quickly access the internet and download quickly from the internet. My netbook will do 3MB/s over wifi.
Setup
Desktop: W7U64, 4gb ram, intel 2 core 3ghz, 100mb/s network adapter
100 foot cat6
Dlink dir-825
3 foot cat 5
NAS: W7U64, 4gb ram, intel 2 core 2.8ghz, 100mb/s network adapter

Actually the connection was even more complex before with faster speeds.
I've tried everything. Uninstal avg, set to 100mb/s full dubplex, disabled firewalls, disabled network compression.
The only thing that has changed was my brother installed something with tons of bloatware that was somewhat stubborn to remove on the desktop.

RE-install Ethernet driver?

Run IPCONFIG /ALL and upload a snapshot of the output.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184119-network-transfer-used-fast-now-slow.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Okay folks I am sure there are some LAN experts out there Gradually but since the upgrade to WinXP Pro on both the PC s that comprise my LAN plus a third guest PC on which I am performing hardware and software upgrades for a friend the guest PC has had no effect whatever on the problem I am describing the LAN performance has steadily degraded to the point where I hate to copy or move anything larger than a megabyte or so between the PC s It s the pits Only recently its performance was truly stellar too making this new bottleneck even more annoying Not that my LAN components are premium hardware by any stretch but previously I truly enjoyed transfer rates that were more than satisfactory The LAN problem also seems exclusive to transfers between the usually three SLOW (LAN) Suddenly home network PC s currenly comprising the LAN and NOT to Internet performance Cable Modem in Uplink Port which seems as good as usual My two PC s the Compaq Athlon Suddenly SLOW home network (LAN) and IBM -E D Pentium-II are equipped with a legacy Linksys LNE -TX Version Auto Sensing NIC and a two years newer Linksys Network Everywhere NC Fast Ethernet Adapter respectively Up until about months ago the central connecting hardware was a Linksys Auto Sensing Hub same vintage as the LNE TX which bit the dust Until then I did not know the difference between a network Hub and a quot Switch quot After deciding to replace the old Hub with a Switch and not a Router instead pay AT amp T another mo for up to three PC s connection I shopped around and found a GREAT buy on the Switch at PC Club a quot Gigafast EZ -S -Port Mbps N-Way Switch quot for only no rebates either When I connected up the new Switch about three months ago I was amazed at the dramatic INCREASE in transfer speed both between PC s as well as for Internet downloads I raved about it for weeks and still cannot believe I never the knew the difference between a Hub and Switch Anyway at the time I was still running Win K Pro on both PC s Life was great with the new Switch Only thing that has changed since then that I can possibly think might affect the LAN performance has been the upgrade to WinXP Pro There is one other sluggish item which is likely related not always but more often than not when clicking browse in a program or Windows Explorer or even in the RUN command from the Start menu a HUGE annoying -second or so pause will occur during which time the entire system is immobilized after which the system and LAN properties will finally display in the browse process -- and then its over Browsing again soon thereafter seems okay with another pause far less likely Usually the Great Pause happens on the first browse of a session or upon resuming activity following a period of dormancy serveral hours to a day or so I never turn the PC s off neither do I use any sort of power management hibernation sleep suspend quot wake-on quot or screensavers -- nothing that might interfere with network performance learned the hard way Frankly I have never had this kind of problem before Usually I either have connectivity or not and when connected get the kind of performance to be expected But my present LAN performance is worse than when the old Hub was having its last gasps before total dysfunction I have checked a lot of things but of course in WinXP things aren t quite as familiar Since the WinXP install I have tweaked some network settings only a tad bit with the program TweakXP and also with a registry edit from Axel s Tips which is really no more than usual Since the degredation evolved gradually I honestly cannot connect it with any of the tweaks -- or anything else Despite its miserably slow transfer rate it is fully functional it will move or copy whatever is requested but gosh it s slow I hope this isn t some inherent WinXP thing Any thoughts As always I really appreciate it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-slow-home-network-lan.86412/
Relevancy 77.83%

Ok I'm totally new to networks & everything so bear with me.

My computer is the main machine.

I have Win 7 64 & the other computer, which is my buddies is XP Pro 32.

I currently have an N wireless Netgear router that both computers are hooked up via ethernet & my machine also has the N wireless dongle from Netgear, but they dont have drivers for 64 yet.

Now I want to send a couple of files to my other computer which is my buddies. I want him to also be able to send me files, but he tends to surf the net a little less carelessly than I would and I want to make sure when hes sending or receiving info from my particular computer that I dont get a virus or anything.

So how do I set up a network between a Win 7 64 computer & an XP Pro 32 computer, making sure to extra safeguard my main machine?

A:Need to set up a network for file transfer from Win7 64

First make sure both machines are on the same workgroup. My Computer>Properties>Computer Name for XP and Computer>Properties>Advanced System Settings Computer Name for 7... they should both be defaulted to WORKGROUP, you can change it if you want but not necessary.

Now on both machines make sure you have Computer Browser, SSDP Discovery, TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper, Server and Workstation services running. You can check this in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services

Also make sure on both Machines that your TCP/IP v4 settings for WINS has NetBIOS over TCP/IP set to Default or Enabled.

On 7 open up the run command and run gpedit.msc then go to Computer Configuration>Security Settings>Network List Manager Policies Under Network name your network the same as on your other machines(they should be the same) and under Unidentified and Identifying Networks set to private. This will force Windows 7 to connect to the default network you just set in gpedit and bypass the "Network Detection" feature. ( easier and guaranteed to work first time)

Now in Network and Sharing Center under Change Advanced Sharing Settings>Home Network Check Turn Off Network Discovery, Turn On File and Printer Sharing, Turn Off Public Folder Sharing, Turn On Password Protected Sharing.

On the XP machine make sure at least one folder is shared.

Now The XP machine should bae able to see the 7 machine but have no access, and the 7 machine will see the XP machine and have access to whatever you set to share on the XP machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/33089-need-set-up-network-file-transfer-win7-64-a.html
Relevancy 77.83%

My company computer hooked up to our internal network no homegroup has just had a fresh install of Windows Pro -bit I went through the process of mapping network drives and had a problem when it came to connecting to IP addresses and folders in the format of ' server shared folder' Turned out that I had to change a security setting Following the instructions on this site I was able to resolve that issue These network locations are CNC machines and the files that I am placing on the machines contain CNC code G amp M code and X Y Z values for D machining Basically G amp M code cannot have multiple X Y or Z values on the same line it wouldn't make sense to go to two X locations in the same move When I transfer CNC files from a network location all of our files are stored on a server to the CNC machine they occasionally get corrupted where part of one file is contained Transfer Network Corruption During File in another File Corruption During Network Transfer file I have tried transferring one at a time and in bulk both with the same result Does anyone have any insight into this problem I am going to continue exploring potential fixes and will post updates as I find things Any help would be appreciated

A:File Corruption During Network Transfer

UPDATE

I tried turning off Remote Differential Compression to see if there was some data loss during the transfer, but this did not help.

Still searching! :-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/152648-file-corruption-during-network-transfer.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I was thinking the other day about how we can increase network file transfers My thoughts about this are simple but may not be possible How I was going about this is What if we load the file into ram while it s being transferred then write it to the hard drive let me give you an Network Transfer Buffer. File example Let s say we have two Network File Transfer Buffer. Computers PC and SERVER The SERVER has so GB of RAM and or shared drives Now lets say I have an ISO that I want to transfer to the SERVER under the directory of SERVER ISO Currently from what I believe is happening when you start a network transfer is it reads the file from the PC hard drive then transmits it to the SERVER then the SERVER writes it to the hard drive But with this you are limited to the write speed of the SERVER s hard drive What I was thinking about is if we have a program on the SERVER that monitors network transfers and when a network transfers starts it will load that file into the SERVER s RAM then unloads it into the hard drive Now you are limited to the speed of the SERVER s RAM read write speeds Well Not really now you are limited to the speeds of the PC s hard drive read speed I m new to programming and wanted to see if this is even possible and or if something like this already exists Thanks for taking the time to read my post and comment Give me your thought on this Throdne nbsp

A:Network File Transfer Buffer.

I know Java, so my answer will be based on it.

If I were you, I will use RMI (Remote Method Invocation) technique in java. It is implemented in the middle tier of a three tier application, enabling the performance and other advantages high, and separating the design of the system in to three tiers, and enabling it to be a distributed application. The next advantage is, all the socket programming has been encapsulated in RMI classes, so you don't need to worry about network managing, it is automatically done.

To make RMI more speed, you can use CORBA. But sorry, I didn't study it because I got to know RMI is having more demand than CORBA , in the real world.

I don't know about loading to the RAM, according to the things I know, RAM is the first one who read all of these, so it will be a risky task.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-file-transfer-buffer.1040402/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I am transferring some files over my transfer Solved: speeds Slow-ish over network network using the Python SimpleHTTPServer on a Xubuntu box Code Code python -m SimpleHTTPServer The server is a mediocre - year old machine AKA David I don t have the exact specs to hand but it was bargain bucket in The client is a big powerful monster of a machine Big games rig AKA Goliath The router has a theoretical transfer speed of Mb s It s a TP-Link TL-WR N My actual non-concurrent download speed is Mb s This isn t really my area and I was wondering if anyone can explain why this is All connections are via Ethernet cable David is connected via Ethernet Goliath is connected via Ethernet to a Powerline Adapter which in turn is Ethernet connected Over wireless I am getting Mb s I m not expecting the full theoretical maximum but surely better than Mb s Is there anyway to improve this Why am I getting Solved: Slow-ish transfer speeds over network such a slow connection I m interested in the academic side of things here as well as the technical solution if any My theory is that my rubbish-y old network card is throttling Possible Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Slow-ish transfer speeds over network

Several things here. First, the NIC(s) used can affect the speed, even the driver version can have an affect. Second, how each NIC is connected and configured (ie: 10half, 10Full, 100half, 100Full, etc.).

Verify the configuration end to end. Also, the router itself, and in this configuration, the powerline adapter can/are likely further reducing the speed.

Try moving everything to the same room and test. ie: David > short ethernet > router > short ethernet > Goliath

That will give you the best possible results with your current hardware (assuming there aren't any configuration issues).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-ish-transfer-speeds-over-network.1125650/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello everyone,

While transferring files from one computer to another in a wired connection, I've noticed that the transfer rate is incredibly low, around 10 Mb a sec. Here's my set up.

Internet -> Motorola SB6120 Cable modem -> Apple Airport Extreme -> wired computers

I appreciate any help. Thanks!

- Jerry

A:Need help with slow transfer rate in home network.

Does the Apple Airport Extreme or any of the computers have an old 10 Mbps (not 10/100) ethernet adapter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-slow-transfer-rate-in-home-network.1003426/
Relevancy 77.4%

So when transferring files from one pc to another using copy and paste why does it only say - maybe - or so I m using windows vista but it s the same in XP Network just Speeds, Transfer wrong.. slow or when I was using it I share a folder on network browse to this shared folder using another PC on the network same workgroup and i copy and paste say a mb file The transfer speed reports in vista xp don t have this feature that its around mb s or so whatever it says it s not quot what it should be quot regardless if its mbit MB S or gbit MB s network Now on the advanced config of the network adapter there are various settings that control the network adapter Network Transfer Speeds, slow or just wrong.. Does one of these determine the overall speed or the transfer Maybe a firewall or router is slowing the transfer therefore a port should be opened is so what port Or are speeds slow due to windows but where can I find information about such a bug i mean iv looked and looked maybe I m just not googleing the right thing so anyway if someone knows anything that could help me speed up the transfer of data between two pc s on a windows network It would be a great help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-transfer-speeds-slow-or-just-wrong.650704/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi
My PC's network card is configured as 100 Mbps
My NAS Drive is configured as 100 Mbps

My Home Hub 3 shows both connected at 100 Mbps, yet I'm getting a maximum of 1.3M transferring a file to the NAS.

Is there any way I can increase this ?
I get the same speed from my 20Mbps download from my DSL.

A:Slow Network Transfer Speeds on Local LAN

Your hub is probably whats causing the problem. Hubs are only able to run in 1/2 duplex mode so your speed is only 50 mbps.

100 Mbps (Mega bits per second) connection maximum theoretical speed is 12.5 MBps (Mega Bytes per sec)

A hub that runs in 1/2 duplex mode runs at 50 Mbps = 6.25 MBps

This is theoretical maximum speeds.

To increase you speeds i would suggest replacing your hub with a switch. If you want to increase it more add gigabit hardware to all your machines. That will give you a maximum of 125 MBps. On my Gigabit network I normally see network transfer speeds around 70-100 MBps.

I hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258964-slow-network-transfer-speeds-local-lan.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello all. I am hoping someone can help me out here. I purchased an Iomega 500GB Network Hard drive a week or so ago and am experiencing extremely slow transfer rates over my network.

This is a small home network, nothing fancy. I have a D-Link WDA-1320 wireless card in my PC that communicates with a Netgear WPN824v2 wireless router. When I attempt to transfer about 5GB of mixed media files to my network hard drive it takes over an hour. If I take the network/wireless out of the equation and connect the hard drive directly to my PC via a crossover cable, those same 5GB worth of files transfers in about 17 minutes. I have checked the settings on my router and did not discover anything out of the ordinary. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Relevancy 76.97%

I have 3 computers on my network. I can transfer large files on 2 computers with no problems. One computer has XP pro and the other has Win 2000. On the 3rd computer I have Win 98. When I try to transfer a large file, say 800MB the system locks up. This computer has a 550 mhz amd prossesor and 256 mb of memory. I'm running a DSL router and can download large files through the internet but not through my network on this win98 computer! Any suggestions? Thanks

Relevancy 76.97%

I decided to transfer my internet favorites from my desktop PC to my laptop They are both on my home network both talk and settings over Windows transfer file network to each other and both along with my Windows file and settings transfer over network wife s share internet Everything works OK BUT when I went into the windows transfer system on the desktop PC and ticked the quot both computers on a network quot option it told me it couldn t find the other computer or network Why They obviously were connected because I worked around by the rather crude method of copying the quot Favorites quot Windows file and settings transfer over network folder out of the Windows folder on the big PC and stamping it onto the laptop via the network I first copied on the big one from Windows to quot My documents on D because that is the folder which is authorised to be accessed I couldn t use the Floppy option as I did a few years ago when going from my old to XP because of course the laptop doesn t have a floppy drive nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Good afternoon everyone.

I am having a small problem on my home network that is driving me crazy...as if having a home network wasn't enough. Any way, I have everything up and running. Everything sees everything else.... I can download from one machine to the other..

BUT.... I can't upload to the other machine or vice versa! I can only pull not push the data. I can't figure out where the sharing properties are snagging the situation. I have everything shared / users can modify data etc... but to no avail.

Any thoughts? Is this not a sharing issue? Is it a router issue? Zone alarm doesn't appear to be the issues because I shut it down and end up with the same results.

Your held would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Benjamin

A:Home Network File Transfer Issues

sounds like the shares are all R/O

what os are you running; XP or XP Pro?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-network-file-transfer-issues.52933/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi guys,

I have set up a wireless network in my house, my brother, sister, father and my laptop are connected.

Anyway, as far as I have seen, if a big file (or many smaller files) is being transferred between the computers (using the regular windows way 'shared folders'), sometimes it will stop somewhere in the proccess, I was wondering if there was any sort of program that would allow me to send files and resume them in case of a small disconnection between the computers.

thanks in advance!

A:Wireless Network - How to resume file transfer?

Pretty sure MS Robocopy will fix that issue.
Here's the official Download from MS : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&DisplayLang=en
But this is the entire Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools 11.8Meg

So you might want to Google RoboCopy (on its own), and how to use it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-how-to-resume-file-transfer.114201/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I m having some problems with the Windows Files and Settings Transfer Wizard Although I m not sure if the problem is networking related I have just built myself a new computer using XP and I am trying to transfer some files and settings from my laptop I Network? Problem, Or just 'File Transfer' Windows bad a have setup a network from my desktop to the laptop thats how I m connected to the net desktop internet through the laptop and opened the transfer wizard on the laptop through the start menu I have gone through the process answering the question that the computers are linked through a home network but I then just get the message quot The wizard cannot locate your new computer Make sure the new computer is turned on and that your network is working properly quot But this doesnt make sense as I m using the desktop to type this question on the internet which is connected through the laptops Windows 'File Transfer' Problem, Or just a bad Network? connection and so the network must be working properly I m baffled I know you can use a serial cable as an alternative but my laptop doesnt have a serial port so I have no choice but to use an ethernet Windows 'File Transfer' Problem, Or just a bad Network? cable Any help is greatly appriciated Thanks Skin Sorry if this is in the wrong forum not sure if the problem is with the wizard or the network nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I m having some problems with the Windows Files and Settings Transfer Wizard Although I m not sure if the problem is networking related I have just built myself a new computer using XP and I am trying to transfer some files and settings from my laptop I have setup a network from my desktop to the laptop thats how I m connected to the net desktop internet through the laptop and opened the transfer wizard on the laptop through the start menu I have bad just a 'File Network? Windows Transfer' Or Problem, gone through the process answering the question that the computers are linked through a home network but I then just get the message quot The wizard cannot locate your new computer Make sure the new computer is turned on and that your network is working properly quot But this doesnt make sense as I m using the desktop to type this question on the internet which is connected Windows 'File Transfer' Problem, Or just a bad Network? through the laptops connection and so the network must be working properly I m baffled I know you can use a serial cable as an alternative but my laptop doesnt have a serial port so I have no choice but to use an ethernet cable Any help is greatly appriciated Thanks Skin Sorry if this is in the wrong forum not sure if the problem is with the wizard or the network nbsp

A:Windows 'File Transfer' Problem, Or just a bad Network?

What is your network configuration?
Do you have a router?
Can you access the other machine in My Network Places?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-file-transfer-problem-or-just-a-bad-network.771239/
Relevancy 76.97%

I get approx 70 MB/sec when transferring files on my windows 7 WORKGROUP network, everything on the network is GIGABIT enabled, (3 PC's, 1 Router, 1 gigabit switch, cat6 cables), so does an average speed of 70 MB/sec sound about right. tia

Windows 7 x64bit all pc's
PC1 Core i5 @ 4.5 GHz
PC2 Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 4GHz
PC3 Core 2 duo E8400 @ 4GHz
HDD's WD Greens

A:File transfer speeds on Win 7 GIGABIT network ?

Sounds about right to me for copying one large file say a video several GB in size. My setup was just 2 PCs. An AMD dual core with a gigablit card I added on, and an AMD quad core with built in gigabit wired ethernet. On my setup copying in one direction seemed a bit faster than the other. The fastest seemed to be sending from the quad core to the other machine. But even in the reverse direction I got about 80% of the speed. Seems I recall copying say a 5 GB file from the quad to the dual would start out at over 90 MB/s then taper off to a steady 60 MB/s or so. So I'd say you're in good shape.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/296847-file-transfer-speeds-win-7-gigabit-network.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have tryed Remote Differential compression, changing of services (turning off), updated lan driver and changed duplex but still no good,

the PC I am copying the file from is a windows XP SP2 machine and running through a netgear switch, previous Digilink,

Can anyone help me get this working properly?

Atheros L1 Gigabit ethernet

Windows 7 64bit.

A:Slow network transfer speeds from windows XP machine.

i think you go with hardware engg. to solve your problem!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93904-slow-network-transfer-speeds-windows-xp-machine.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm wondering if there's any way I can increase the data transfer speed between 2 of my computers on my wireless network. I'm seeing about 1.25MB/s according to the box that shows you the speed/duration of a file transfer. I'd love to even triple this tiny speed because I am trying to transfer nearly 500GB between my computers before I hit the road again (I'm a truck driver). Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45373-slow-data-transfer-speeds-home-network-between-pcs.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I got a strange problem When I try to transfer file from my Vista machine to Server Beta speed is at about MB s but when I try to transfer files from Server Beta to my computer speeds hang at about MB s I got a gigabit network throughout my home and file transfer never seemed to be a problem I admit it was a bit faster in XP on same hardware than in Vista but I resolved that problem using some tutorials here My network speed was always in region - MB s outgoing and incoming However my SATA disks in my computer were transferring files from one to another in region - MB s The computer I'm usually transfering files from has Server Beta installed but incoming fast transfer network Slow outgoing on IDE disks But my computer has SATA disks and in XP I had disk to disk transfers at MB s So I tried to fix that issue with Microsoft but couldn't Now I've done something that didn't end up speeding up disk to disk transfer but slowing down incoming network transfers Now I got the same disk Slow incoming but fast outgoing network transfer to disk transfer speeds fast outgoing network transfers but slow incoming network transfers I checked QoS Bandwidth Reserve Limit which I was changing at some point but I reverted it back to original settings I also checked TCP IP Auto Tuning and disabled it as it was disabled before the slowdown I know I tried some tutorials from here http www vistax com tutorials -speed-up-performance-vista html namely speeding up menu pop out delays now reverted back to default Slow incoming but fast outgoing network transfer speed up shutdown time I don't know where I've gone wrong but I can't get my network back to normal If anyone has any idea or suggestions I'd be happy to hear them Thanks

A:Slow incoming but fast outgoing network transfer

One thing more. If I copy a file through network, the transfer is constant, but slow. If I watch something over the network, I get transfers like this (graph showing network time frame load):

If I watched something over the net I always got a linear network transfer, but now it's jumpy It doesn't affect watching the video, but I think it might help solve my problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/111982-slow-incoming-but-fast-outgoing-network-transfer.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have an Intel 865 and and Intel 955 based computers (the motherboards are themselves Intel) that are set up on a gigabit ethernet network. They are using the motherboard-based gigabit ethernet adapters. Are there any settings that I can make to the network adapters to optimize them for speed ? I need to transfer large .ts files between them. I was thinking things like enabling jumbo frames, etc.

Right now I am showing transfer rates of around 18-24 MB per second per my Vice Versa file transfer utility.

Thanks for any thoughts.

A:Network adapter optimized for file transfer speed

Jumbo Frames is pretty much the only thing you can set in the NIC configuration. Mind you, you need to enable it on all adapters connected to the network.

I assume you are copying files over Windows shares? You can apply some Windows tweaks to make SMB go faster, but it is just _slow_. You may have better luck using dedicated transfer protocols with no filesystem overhead like FTP. (Or iSCSI of course *g*)

Also, are you sure it is not your hard drives that are the bottleneck? 20MB/s could easily be the limit for a badly fragmented drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adapter-optimized-for-file-transfer-speed.44412/
Relevancy 76.11%

Old XP and New W7 side by side. Wanting to transfer file, pics, docs, ect. form one to the other. I can see the old XP from the new W7. Through W7 I can get to documents and settings on the old XP, try to open that and says I dont have permission. Old XP c drive shared on network. Still missing something.

terrynet or zx10guy from Valis

Thanks everybody

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I'm hoping for some help with something odd I have a Vista x workstation since Nov which has been fine until recently It has started having network problems when accessing large numbers of files from remote locations I have a readyNAS network storage device with a number of shares which are mounted as network drives on the PC wired ethernet Vista is set up as a private network and set to trust the LAN The readynas is flawless when accessed from other XP and Vista machines on the LAN Recent example tried loading on photos from a camera transfer. file large network Wired dropping no on off of 64x approx files Went fast at first but over files copying would slow to a crawl - Kb While this is happening other LAN access and internet access becomes intermittent If I use picasa which accesses all photos on the remote drive 64x Wired network dropping off on large no of file transfer. it'll work for a while but then crawl only in 64x Wired network dropping off on large no of file transfer. this case the whole machine slows down I've tried disabling auto-tuning but that made no difference LAN has a NAT firewall Netgear FWG P with latest firmware and there is no software firewall running PC Core Quad Q GHz Gb MHZ RAM Sapphire Mb Radeon HD Windows Vista Ultimate bit

A:64x Wired network dropping off on large no of file transfer.

Can anyone help? This is infuriating!

I have disabled IPv6 and auto-tuning.

(I long ago did the steps here: Auto Tuning - TCP/IP receive level and it made no difference).
Even though all the other machines on the network are fine I've pulled the infrastructure apart. Router updated to latest firmware, router checks out OK on vista compatibility checker, the switch has been checked and double checked + direct connection made, the LAN cables have been swapped out. This same machine has a ubuntu dual boot, so the same hardware in a different OS works absolutely faultlessly, and a VMware XP install on ubuntu also works faultlessly.

It feels like it can ONLY be vista ultimate 64!! There is something about this OS which is causing problems, but it started after the machine was 3 months old. Vista update maybe?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/211444-64x-wired-network-dropping-off-large-no-file-transfer.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Just installed Win Home Pro from XP two days ago The last remaining issue I need to solve is a drag Network Lockup Transfer File Home Large and drop file transfer to my other home network computer HNC So far I've been able to d amp Home Network Large File Transfer Lockup d files from the HNC via Acronis WD in it's explorer mode without any issues some sized in the multi Gb range I've been also able to d amp d small files directly to the HNC successfully When I try to d amp d a large file specifically my NVIDIA drivers sized at Mb the Win computer freezes immediately The cursor is stuck and the computer is absolutely locked the only thing that works to recover it is the power off button When I come back I don't get any indication of anything going wrong and if I look on the HNC drive the file has been transferred successfully I haven't tried copying files to the HNC via Acronis WD yet so I don't know if it will be able to write to it The HNC computer has not caused any issues in the past with XP it's running Ubuntu Linux Thanks for anyone's input

A:Home Network Large File Transfer Lockup

As a suggestion, test what happens when you attempt the drag 'n' drop operation in [safe mode + net].

The most likely problem causes are a bad anti-virus filter driver, or a NIC driver which needs updating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/33335-home-network-large-file-transfer-lockup.html
Relevancy 75.68%

This is really beginning to frustrate me. Anytime I try to copy a file from my windows xp desktop to my windows 7 laptop, the download speed will decrease until it finally pops up with a message saying, "the connection to \\computer name has been lost, please check the network and try again. This only occurs when trying to copy over large files. The problem does not exist on my windows xp desktop, I am able to copy over large files from the windows laptop without any sort of problem. I have tried connecting the laptop directly to the router but that doesn't fix anything. Please help! Maybe I could try installing a wireless card in the desktop and put the two computers in ad-hoc mode?

The laptop is a dell 1440 Inspiron and the router is a Belkin wrtg54g.

A:Slow Network Access and Unable To Transfer Large Files

Quote: Originally Posted by michaelking

This is really beginning to frustrate me. Anytime I try to copy a file from my windows xp desktop to my windows 7 laptop, the download speed will decrease until it finally pops up with a message saying, "the connection to \\computer name has been lost, please check the network and try again. This only occurs when trying to copy over large files. The problem does not exist on my windows xp desktop, I am able to copy over large files from the windows laptop without any sort of problem. I have tried connecting the laptop directly to the router but that doesn't fix anything. Please help! Maybe I could try installing a wireless card in the desktop and put the two computers in ad-hoc mode?

Are y ou using "homegroup" for networking? Sometimes on some mixed OS networks homegroup has a problem with connectivity and slow downs.

You can verify if it is the problem by making a new network connection using "workgroup" and see if the problem still exists. If it does not you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.
Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/85459-slow-network-access-unable-transfer-large-files.html
Relevancy 75.68%

A:Slow Network Access and Unable To Transfer Large Files

Solved!

Simply setup the router using windows 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-network-access-and-unable-to-transfer-large-files.923496/
Relevancy 75.25%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 75.25%

PCs running windows xp home PC running windows xp laptop MAC running OS X leopard working great one day after problem solved via a previous discussion thread suddenly the network stopped showing up working allowing permissions on any of the computers EXAMPLE of ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name JEANNE-DT Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List cinci rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - network working home file sharing stopped suddenly -D -C - - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cinci rr com Description Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter Physical Address - A- -A - F- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled file sharing home network suddenly stopped working Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday November PM Lease file sharing home network suddenly stopped working Expires Sunday November PM things i have already done - turned off all firewalls windows and external i e zone alarm - turned on and set to automatic wireless zero configuration - turned of all virus protection - ran the network setup wizard on all computers - pinged between each computer all work - restarted a million times - turned on simple file sharing which only is an option on my laptop the one with xp pro the others have xp home - made sure folders are shared - made sure of the following services statuses Computer Browser Automatic DHCP Client Automatic DNS Client Automatic Network Location Awareness Manual Server Automatic TCP IP NetBIOS Helper Automatic Workstation Automatic EXPERTS PLEASE ADVISE if you could also explain the issues at hand in simple terms that would be absolutely amazing because i hate to keep posting threads each time another issue pops up THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hello world MONEY MAKING THROUGH CARDING MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK BANK TRANSFER WESTERN UNION TRANSFER CARDING DUMPS PAYPAL TRANSFER CREDIT CARDS SALE Freshest approval of Dumps with Good validity Rate and balanced Sell Cvv Credit Cards for Sale Sell Fullz ATM Cards with PIN Fresh Dumps with PIN CC worldwide Atm cards with pin bank account transfer worldwide carding credit cards for sale cvv worlwide dumps with good balance dumps with high balance Dumps with PIN get rich by carding money making in carding money making through carding no scam real business sell atm cards sell cc sell cvv sell cvv dumps sell dumps with pin sell fresh cvv sell fresh dumps tracks sell fresh fullz sell fullz Visa high quality cards lt lt PRICE FOR DUMPS gt gt USA CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM USD MONEY TRANSFER, PAYPAL TRANSFER, SALE CREDIT DUMPS, MAKING CARDING, CARDS BANK UNION BUSINESS WESTERN NETWORK, TRANSFER, OTHERS ALL MC VISA USD DISCOVERY USD AMEX USD CANADA- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD CANADA- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD EU- CLASSIC MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD INFINITE USD EU- CLASSIC STANDARD USD GOLD PLATINUM CORP BUSS USD INFINITE USD EU AMEX USD EU DISCOVERY USD lt lt PRICE FOR CVV gt gt US PER US WITH BIN PER US FULLZ PER US VBV PER UK RANDOM PER UK WITH DOB PER UK WITH BIN PER UK BINDOB PER UK FULLZ PER UK VBV PRICE AU PER EU VISA MASTER PER CA RANDOM PER CA BIN PER CA FULLS PER FRANCE PER FRANCE WITH DOB PER GERMANY PER GERMANY WITH DOB PER ITALY PER ITALY WITH DOB PER JAPAN PER JAPAN WITH DOB PER BELGIUM PER DENMARK PER SPAIN PER Terms amp Conditions - We Sell Only First Hand High Valid Dumps And Always Fresh We Update Every - Days With - k Of Dumps So You MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE Can Buy With Confidence That The Dumps We Sell To You Are Only Yours And Don t Come From Another Hand We Don t Give Any Test Dump Or Free Dump We Guarantee That Our Dumps Work In We Are Seller Not Reseller So Instant Delivery We Provide Bin List For Choosing Bins Also Sell Mix amp Bulk Packages And Bonus On Big Orders We Only Replace Cards That Say Hold Stolen Decline Pick Up Invalid Region Block Never Will Be Replaced So Please Choose MONEY MAKING BUSINESS NETWORK, BANK TRANSFER, WESTERN UNION TRANSFER, CARDING, DUMPS, PAYPAL TRANSFER, CREDIT CARDS SALE Your Bin Carefully Replacement In Eu Or Ca Perfect Money Pm Bitcoins Btc Web Money Wmz Western Union Wu And Money Gram Mg Wu-Mg Minimum Order Drop Fee We Also Provide Have Cards With High Balance Of Spanish German Russian Contact Us To Buy Fresh Stuff Real Legit Business My Icq My Yahoo Bestdumpseller Please Contact Us Soon For Legit Business I HOPE WE WILL DO WELL BEWARE OF RIPPERS Thanks YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/309a6e00-b938-488d-8d69-078872fe44c0/money-making-business-network-bank-transfer-western-union-transfer-carding-dumps-paypal?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi guys This just happened recently and I have been trying to debug but can t Here s the scene I have a desktop computer It is connected to a netgear router via direct ethernet cable I also have laptops that connect wirelessly Everyone can get on the internet But I m having some sharing issues The two laptops can see each other in the network But they can t see the desktop and the desktop can t see the laptops I have verified that all are part of the same workgroup I even tried changing the desktop s workgroup to something else and then back but still no joy What am I see my on Suddenly network can't others the computer missing The only thing that s happened recently is that Time Warner has been redoing our internet access They have not come into my house Suddenly my computer can't see others on the network just redoing stuff on the street But since we can all get on the internet I don t think that has anything to do with it But it s the only change recently Please email me your thoughts I value this forum a great deal Best Dan Jablons email protected nbsp

A:Suddenly my computer can't see others on the network

What OSs are involved?
This is often a firewall issue.
Are there any error messages?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suddenly-my-computer-cant-see-others-on-the-network.670533/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey guys I've read numerous threads and have been trying for the past six hours trying to get my stupid computer to connect to the wireless network I have a Dell Studio XPS laptop wireless card is quot Dell Wireless Wireless-N WlAN Mini-card quot router is cicsco E I don't know that much about computers so i've been relying on what people have suggested doing in former threads I know there is nothing wrong with the router because the other computers in the house both by LAN and wireless can connect to the internet and it runs super fast Mine was working great until says Suddenly No Network Wireless Internet Access suddenly last night it said it was connected but that there was no internet access I did upgrade my computer from Vista to Windows but that was about a month ago and I've had no problems since When I clicked on the diagnostic button to try and let it resolve it itself it pops up saying quot Suddenly Wireless Network says No Internet Access DNS server isn't responding quot This is what I have done Suddenly Wireless Network says No Internet Access already reboot router modem shouldn't be a problem with them since all other computers can access perfectly I tried turning on off my wireless on the laptop and restarting etc when I tried to ipconfig release it says Suddenly Wireless Network says No Internet Access quot no operation can be performed on Local area connection while it has its media disconnected - same goes for when I do ipconfig renew I also tried flushing the DNS by typing ipconfig flushdns it says successfully flushed the DNS resolver Cache but after rebooting nothing's changed I also went to properties for the wireless network under Internet Protocol Version I set it to use a manual IP address IP Subnet mask Default gateway Preferred DNS Alternate DNS server I don't understand how the wireless all of a sudden stopped working Is this some retarded Windows thing This never happened to me before - before especially if I've been doing a lot of downloading I have to unplug the modem and everything is great But now it's just my computer that's not working So strange any clues guys This is getting frustrating I'm about to throw it in the trash and just get a new computer hahaha Thanks for your help

A:Suddenly Wireless Network says No Internet Access

PS. I forgot to mention, when I plug in the ethernet, it connects, but still says no internet access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184695-suddenly-wireless-network-says-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 75.25%

There are two computers on our network that suddenly stopped connecting to the internet according to the user All the other computers are running just fine Neither Google Chrome or IE can connect to any webpage However both computers can access anything else on the network and also randomly change from showing internet access Computers Internet? to Suddenly on Network Cannot Connect to no internet access in the network center Also even though no webpages can be loaded the computer is still apparently connected to the internet because they can be accessed remotely through Team Viewer from outside the network over the internet System Restore helped with nothing and I tried to install Ad-Aware to do a scan but the installation fails because it cannot connect to the internet The machines are running Windows Professional x bit It was the same user who was on both machines when they went down and based on the browsing history it looks like this could possibly be related to some sort of malware spyware as opposed to coincidental hardware issues Edit - I did check the Ethernet cables with my laptop and have no issues connecting to the internet from the laptop

A:Computers on Network Suddenly Cannot Connect to Internet?

I hope your company's security infrastructure's intact and strong, so that whatever is troubling these two computers [via downloads and/or internet installs] will not travel to other computers within the company.  Could the company-wide security systems also be "interrupting" this particular user's "interneting?"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564721/computers-on-network-suddenly-cannot-connect-to-internet/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have an Inspiron network to will that others suddenly connect won't Computer I ve had it for a year and a half ish I had an issue for a while where my computer would just turn off if you put too much pressure on the under side of it below the touch pad I just ignored the spot and went about life Tonight I was trying to watch a show on casttv com and it wouldn t load the episode I tried another nothing another nothing etc So I decided to restart During restart it shut off so I clicked it to go back on and it would say quot start windows repair quot or continue normally Both options I chose would load for a few Computer suddenly won't connect to network that others will seconds then just turn off I finally got mad and threw it on the couch next to me at which point my boyfriend tried and it started absolutely no problem at all as if I was imagining the whole thing Whatever So now it turns on fine but the stupid thing won t connect to my wireless network I have restarted times it just won t connect I m using my boyfriend s computer which is obviously fine as I m using it to write this What could possibly be the problem Why would it not restart completely and why would it suddenly just not work on my network which is running fine on a computer a foot away from it I m on Vista Of course why not EDIT When I search for a network it says that the connection is poor and that the signal strength has bars and sometimes won t even find it but this computer inches away will find it to be bars Thw network will disappear from the computer that sucks reappear and show up with fulls bars but will not connect any of the times bars or nbsp

A:Computer suddenly won't connect to network that others will

It sounds like you need hardware support, all of the issues you describe point to hardware issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-suddenly-wont-connect-to-network-that-others-will.934185/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi guys I have a weird problem with my desktop Its running windows I live in a shared house and im at the other side of the house to where the router is located I usually have a wireless connection but the signal is weak and sometimes fails so I bought a pair of homeplugs also I leave both plugged in at 1 connect cant on suddenly computer network the same time which results in the computer having a preference for the wired connection over wireless Up until now this has worked perfectly for me and ive never had connection issues Basically one day I turned on the computer and the wired connection had changed to a public network symbol rather than home and displayed unidentified network and no network access The wireless connection tried to kick in at this point but was either unable to connect to the network OR it did manage 1 computer on network suddenly cant connect to connect but was unable 1 computer on network suddenly cant connect to access anything on the web although occasionally it manages to very very very slowly load a simple web page Noone else in the house has any issues AFAIK and I can even connect fine using my xbox and iphone If I try to diagnose the problem for my connections it tells me that quot local area connection quot doesnt have a valid IP configuration for the wired connection whereas for the wireless connection it tells me pretty much nothing I have tried all the standard stuff - resetting restarting the router checking cables enabling disabling the connections and setting a manual IP all to no avail Any help would be much appreciated im at my wits end here Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Dear All,
I have a problem where i am having 2 application server clustered and both using a common file folder (residing on one app server and access by other through mapping network drive). This common shared folder is storing some files used in application. Now my problem is that because of sharing folder this way, my application starts running slowly and performance is hampered. It application actually stop running as file is not getting opened. If i remove the clustering and just work with one app server (ofcourse file folder residing on the same server) it works fine. Can somebody tell me what can be the problem if i access the files through mapped network drive. I am using windows server 2K with 2 GB RAM.

Appreciate the help on this.

regards
nilesh soni

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/file-transfer-getting-worsened-on-shared-network-drive-windows-2000-server.352796/
Relevancy 73.53%

So I am going to connect my Windows laptop to my school wifi. Is this unsafe? If some other student has a virus on their computer could it travel to mine without me doing anything? I have avg antivirus free and Windows firewall on and I will set it to public. Does Windows firewall stop people from connecting to my laptop? Any ways thanks for all the answers!

A:Can a virus transfer to my computer from someone else's over a wifi network?

Yes & yes, but make sure your Windows machine is patched too.

FYI: there are also Wifi networks that are configured to isolate each client. Clients can not communicate with each other in such Wifi networks. You coul ask your school's IT admin if Wifi clients are isolated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613160/can-a-virus-transfer-to-my-computer-from-someone-elses-over-a-wifi-network/
Relevancy 73.53%

Well this seems like a case of malware but given that it has struck both vista machines at the same time I am starting the thread in the Vista forum This morning I got up br Solved: internet in the machines suddenly Both Vista cannot my access network, via and discovered that both of the Vista machines in our machine network are un-able to access the internet via browser Strangely they Solved: Both Vista machines in my network, suddenly cannot access the internet via br can access each other share files and I can even ping out to google from a command line but that is as far as it goes I get a connection error in both IE and Firefox I can access the internet without issue on my XP laptop which I am presently typing on It seems odd that whatever is at play affected both machines at the same time which is why I tend to think malware but who knows When I diagnose Solved: Both Vista machines in my network, suddenly cannot access the internet via br Connection problems in IE it tells me that windows did not detect any problems with this computers network connection TCP IP stack repair options for use with Vista Start Programs Accessories and right click on Command Prompt select quot Run as Administrator quot to open a command prompt Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log Reset IPv TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ipv reset reset log No good any advice appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Both Vista machines in my network, suddenly cannot access the internet via br

My first suspect is a non-Windows firewall or security suite.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-both-vista-machines-in-my-network-suddenly-cannot-access-the-internet-via-br.837409/
Relevancy 73.53%

Anyone have any idea why suddenly out of the blue my network quit showing one of my computers? I have a tablet and laptop both with windows 10. my tablet still shows both computers, but my laptop no longer shows the tablet. I didn't change anything. What can cause this and how do I fix it? thanks.

A:network suddenly quit showing computer

The Winsock and DNS caches are corrupt.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38104-network-suddenly-quit-showing-computer.html
Relevancy 73.53%

When I tried to connect to my desktop computer from my Windows 7 Laptop, it doesn't see any other computers on the network but itself. I did check the firewall. I'm using McCafee Internet Security. It came with the laptop. I tried disabling the firewall, and I still couldn't see any of the computers on the network. When I go into McCafee and look at a network map, there it shows all the computers on the network. But when Looking at my network in windows, I don't see any other computers. I have tried to ping the computer on the network that I want to connect to and it times out. I checked the other computer, restarted it. Still nothing. Yesterday it was fine...today it can't see any of the other computers on the network.

I have a Dell Studio Laptop 4gb of ram 500gb hard drive Windows 7 64bit. If you need any other info, please let me know.

A:Windows 7 Computer Suddenly Can't See Computers on Network

Can you see your laptop from one of the other pc's on your network? Maybe you made some changes to something that turned of your network discovery make sure it is selected in win7 advanced sharing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/104490-windows-7-computer-suddenly-cant-see-computers-network.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi The computer that is slow is a desk top tower In a home it is a E machine it has windows professional with service pack DO KNOW I am very new to windows and all it's features When I brought this computer home last Nov it was lightening fast at everything so much better than the windows XP it replaced I was thrilled yet Now starting in April it is as slow or slower as my old Windows with XP ever was and partially the reason for saving my pennies to get this windows computer and now I'm upset feeling like slow suddenly etc browse slow computer Windows 7 to websites get on internet, to I have been taken Computer displays the following windows experience index Intel pentium dual Ghz processor Bit Has Ccleaner installed has Comodo antivirus and Comodo cleaning essentials installed All virus scans find no infections and report Windows 7 computer suddenly slow to get on internet, slow to browse websites etc that all is well and protected B C of the way the computer is operating i'm doubting that and betting there is an infections of some sort I Have run Comodo cleaning essentials and results find no abnormalities or infections Have run TFC and JRT and Windows 7 computer suddenly slow to get on internet, slow to browse websites etc the computer shows no signs of improvement have run rKill and it finds no abnormalities or infections All virus scan results find no infections Windows updates is activated and all latest updates have been installed maybe there is no infections or key logging but what then is causing the slow loading of web pages and slow to get online when i was not experiencing this when I brought the computer home I am paying for internet speed that is just under road runner speed maybe some virus program is doing too much scanning when i click to get online I'm grabbing at straws I have no clue that's why I am posting here to get help What medicine do you recommend Thank you

A:Windows 7 computer suddenly slow to get on internet, slow to browse websites etc

Hi flywelder Maybe we aren't looking at an infection here. There's tons of reasons why a system can slow down, and not all of them are malware related. Let's try to take a look at this issue under another angle shall we?MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:List Installed Programs;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575174/windows-7-computer-suddenly-slow-to-get-on-internet-slow-to-browse-websites-etc/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello Yesterday I was working on installing a program onto my computer that would allow me to use my sixaxis Playstation controller work on my computer I think it Suddenly Missing Computer Connection Hardware Network And worked Computer Hardware And Network Connection Suddenly Missing by installing a new device or driver or something But Anyways It doesnt work so I remove it from my computer and then restart Insantly Im having probelms with my computer Computer Hardware And Network Connection Suddenly Missing for a long while My Keyboard wouldnt work I had to switch it out with a different one then my mouse suddenly stopped working as well My internet is no longer working and all the network connections are gone When I try to set up a new one it says the hardware is missing and the tast cannot be completed Also I found a few of my task tray Icons missing and my sound hardware is no longer working or recongnized When I go into add harware There s a list of items all with yellow exlemation marks that are apperently missing and cannot be restore I will post a list of all the missing hardware in a new post below Since the browser wont let me type more nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Right now I have two PC's connected to my network, One that is wired to the router and a wireless connection that I'm on downstairs. Today, for some reason, the wired connection stopped working. I can't connect in a browser or messaging programs or anything. I really don't know what to do, as all my connections are fine, and it was working just yesterday.
My wired connection uses a RealTek integrated card, MSI motherboard.
Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 71.81%

My computer reboots when I am typing the network password.The screens suddenly goes black and the computer reboots. Then it displays an error code. Below is the error message and the code.
"The system has recovered from a serious error. A log of this error has been created. The data that the report contains: Error signature: BCCode:1000007f BCP1:00000008 BCP2: BA338D70 BCP3:00000000 BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1-2600 SP:3_0 Product:256_1 Technical information: The following files will be included in this error report C:\Docume~1\Allan\locals~\temp\WERdcfc.dir00\Mini1010108-03.dmp]sysdata.xml".
I don't know what this code means but can anyone help me with this problem of constant rebooting? Many thanks in advance.

A:While typing network password, computer Suddenly Reboots - WinXP

Hi, did you make any changes to your pc, before this happened?
Will it start in Safe Mode - tap F8 as the pc is starting up?

If you can get into Safe Mode.
Start > Run > Type
msconfig
Click Launch System restore.

Then choose a date prior to the problem.
http://bertk.mvps.org/
======
If the above does not work and you have the Xp install Cd.
Boot from the Xp install Cd...when prompted press [R]
Choose Windows installation [typically by pressing [1]
When prompted for password.
Press Enter.
Type
chkdsk /r
[note space after chkdsk]
Let it scan the pc.
When fininshed.
Type Exit
And press Enter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/while-typing-network-password-computer-suddenly-reboots-winxp.1144440/
Relevancy 71.81%

sorry if this not the right place please move I file Computer video Solved: slow play, youtube slow play slow transfer, did many google searches cant seem to find the issue Im having or maybe lack of the right key searches You guys are my last hope I will try Solved: Computer slow file transfer, slow video play, slow youtube play to explain my problem as clearly as I can And so sorry about my bad grammar and spelling trying to post this asap first off give small history of my PC I bought my PC new Sept A HP Pavilion with ghz ram and a gig hard-drive originally came with WinMe since then I upgraded to XP I kept my PC case clean didn t try to install programs my PC couldn t handle didn t go to any sites that knew were bad with viruses and such also had Malwareytes spybot avast hijackthis to use didnt install any toolbars and tried not to have many programs open at the same time I basically kept my PC simple with use Anyways around June I noticed some odd slowdowns While playing Winamp and running a torrent with speeds of more than the audio would become choppy This also happen when I would open FF IE or any program while running Winamp the audio would be choppy Extracting mb files from Winrar would take around mins Playing Youtube WMP of VLC videos would be slow and choppy Transferring files from one PC to another over a crossover cable would take much longer gigs of files would take about mins or so Virus scanners Avast Malwarebytes and Spybot would also take much longer than usual So about weeks ago while my brother was on Youtube my PC crashed and restarted But it rebooted with a black screen with quot Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM quot You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM Select amp R amp at the first screen to start repair quot I used my other PC to google the issue and I couldnt understand how to fix it By then I was really stressing me out cause I didnt know what to do Safe Mode wouldnt work and I all I really cared about was saving my family pictures I decide to reinstall XP but not delete the partition I ran the Repair on the XP which took about hours Finally got my Windows to load But startup was fairly slow I was able to backup all the files I needed Then a day later my PC would boot with the same message from before quot Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM Etc I decide to reset the RAM which worked and got my PC up and running again Last week I finally had time to do a clean XP install All went well and quick Thinking all I really had was some sort of software driver issue Well this past Tuesdays I noticed the same slow downs slow file transfer from PC to PC what I mention before Later than night I decide to do a ChckDisk scan that took about hours finally finished around am I was too sleepy to check if ther problems were still there I turn the PC off and go to sleep Next day I turn my PC on and I get is the boot startup quot We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused this If your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed or if you aren t sure what caused the problem choose Start Windows Normally Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with Command Prompt Last Known Good Configuration your most recent settings that worked Start Windows Normally Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice Seconds until Windows starts quot After I made the choice to Start Windows Normally PC starts with a quick flash of a blue screen and the it reboot... Read more

A:Solved: Computer slow file transfer, slow video play, slow youtube play

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-slow-file-transfer-slow-video-play-slow-youtube-play.946200/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I'm new on these forums, and it seems like the place that can solve the problem that's been affecting me for the last few days.
As of recently, the internet on my computer has been been relatively slow for the majority of times.
My internet is prone to being slow when everyone in the family is using it, however, as of recently, it's been EXTREMELY slow and laggy when I play games and browse, and I have no idea why.

I tried system restore, reinstalling/uninstalling my network card drivers.
I use a TP-Link W951N V1 network card on my desktop computer.
Other things, I use a 2wire 2701 HGV-W router. (relatively old, yes. Yet, still works efficiently.)

I know I'll need to provide more info, so I'll update as questions are asked.

Thank you!

Relevancy 70.95%

About days ago I was playing this game called quot Counter-Strike Global Offensive quot One round left before the game ended for us all of a sudden I start to experience very high ping around I thought it was something small so I quickly exit the game and reconnected but the issue was still there From that day I've been trying to figure out why my internet has been really slow I tried a different game and apparently computer internet slow my only suddenly very on My became my ping was actually normal so maybe I was getting DDoSed So My internet suddenly became very slow only on my computer I actually took my dads newly built PC built it myself not a lot of programs installed onto it I plugged the Ethernet cable in DVI cable mouse keyboard etc It actually turns out that the internet is crazy fast using the same Ethernet cable I installed quot Steam quot let it update and it was really fast browsing on the web was great and just everything was smooth so maybe my main computer had a problem I reinstalled windows on my My internet suddenly became very slow only on my computer main PC because maybe it My internet suddenly became very slow only on my computer could've been a virus and It was time to reinstall windows anyways I did a clean install noticed some few problems in 'Device Manager' - I scanned for hardware changes updated my network adapter and installed my NVIDIA drivers but there was this quot PCI Simple Communications Controller quot issue Troubleshooting I have done Rebooted router amp plugged cable into different ports Made sure everything was plugged in correctly Disabled Enabled amp Diagnosed Ethernet Adapter Did Clean install of Windows Pro -bit pinged google com result below pretty sure it is bad ipconfig flushdns release renew netsh ip reset c resetlog txt I have searched basically every thread on mostly every tech website found no possible solutions I am currently downloading Google Chrome which is taking about or even hours to download Also for the past week my electricity has been going out quite often poor electricity company and my computer would shut off unexpectedly could it be a hardware issue making my internet really slow As I stated above using my dads newly built PC using the same Ethernet cable the internet was really fast amp smooth but even with a clean install on my main computer - the problem still seems to be there Any ideas on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Danny

A:My internet suddenly became very slow only on my computer

You should read this tutorial to post screenshots to TenForums
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/56087-my-internet-suddenly-became-very-slow-only-my-computer.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Ok this just happened recently and I don t know what is causing it I ll try to give u a brief overview of the situtation I m in XP used to be on my D driver gigs it internet Computer My network gone icon loading settings icon is extremely slow, in got screwed up BSOD at the time I didn t know as much computers My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone so I My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone installed XP to my C driver gigs This has worked pretty fine up until when SP was released I can t install SP because XP takes up about gigs by itself Without SP I just have been running some extra firewalls so compensate Well about days ago I noticed whenever I open up my computer it takes like or seconds before the hard drivers appear Then I went into network connections to look at my internet icon to check the settings I opened it up and nothing My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone was there The only thing there was on the far left it was asking me if I wanted to setup a network my internet is working on all the computers I have ran different spyware scans and found nothing ran mcaffee scans and nothing I can t restore my computer because all the restores got deleted when I was trying to free space on my drives Where do I go usually I can solve tech problems but I mean this is beyond weird What do I do first if you need more information just ask because I really need some advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-icon-loading-extremely-slow-internet-icon-in-network-settings-is-gone.419408/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello I think I have been infected by a virus maleware worm or something from this genre All of a sudden days ago (not became internet) slow Computer extremelly only suddenly my computer became extremelly slow Basically it takes now a lot more time to make an operation such as opening a browser or Windows Explorer VLC and etc It will freeze quite often However mouse will keep working in these situation but not keyboard Every second or third time that I launch my computer it will finally appear a Windows blue screen saying that a software or hardware installation has corrupted the system I didnt install any new hardware nor software lately However it did happen that some regular Windows updates were interrupted i e I shut down the computer before the update was finalized I did a complete Avast scan and it did not solve the problem DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by diego at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC Computer (not only internet) became suddenly extremelly slow C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Cisco Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client vpnagent exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C ProgramData Skype Toolbars Skype C C Computer (not only internet) became suddenly extremelly slow Service c c service exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Users diego AppData Local Sevas-S YouTube to MP Converter yt mp updater exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Users diego AppData Local Sevas-S YouTube To MP Converter yt mp converter exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdSync exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast setup avast setup C Windows system conime exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation Pseudo HJT Report BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO avast WebRep E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Skype Browser Helper AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO YouTube to MP Converter E B -A B- D- C - BE C F - c users diego appdata local sevas-s youtube to mp converter browserextensions ie YouTubeDownloaderExtensio... Read more

A:Computer (not only internet) became suddenly extremelly slow

Hello joeyuser, and welcome to Bleeping Computer! My name is bloopie and I'll be helping you with your problems as best I can! A few things to keep in mind while we are working together:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, I would appreciate it if you let me know.If you are unsure about any of the steps just post what you can and I will guide you!Please tell me if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.Please copy and paste all logs here unless otherwise instructed!Upon completing the steps below I will review your topic an do my best to resolve your issues.Please do not run any other tools without my instruction to do so!==========Now, let's get another log for some additional information:Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You will need the 32-bit version.Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press the Scan button.It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.Please copy and paste log back here.The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.==========Once these new logs are posted, then we'll get to work on your issues! bloopie

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510045/computer-not-only-internet-became-suddenly-extremelly-slow/
Relevancy 70.09%

Mod Edit Moved to appropriate forum boopme Or maybe slowly over a week or two I have an older computer Dell P - GHz GB Ram running Windows XP Home Edition Version SP It has an GB harddrive GB and GB free I updated FireFox from to to see if that would help and nope I download a file using Utorrent and it moves it to an offline USB drive hooked to browsing & suddenly... Slow internet computer my WNDR - NAS router I have a Motorola Surfboard SB Utorrent version build I have been set-up like this for awhile now Slow internet browsing & computer suddenly... and things have been fine Even with Utorrent open not uploading or downloading you could surf the web with no issues If it was downloading a files you could still surf the web with no issues I only get about mb down on my file a mb connection Now not so much With it just Slow internet browsing & computer suddenly... open I can't do hardly anything and it takes forever to load even the front page of Yahoo and I can't click on any of the links If I'm downloading - forget about it I upgraded to build and same issue I then installed build which is what i have now installed and the same issue I had to close it to get to this site I run Avira Free Antivirus Product Version and Malwarebytes Anti Malware Pro version Both have Web Protection Website blocking turned off I've scanned and found no Malware or Viruses or even had a hint of one except the Bunndle b in I am at a loss here I even update everything in Windows Updates but it only happens when Utorrent is open It was never like this I still get good download speeds mb whis is standard for me I've rebooted the computer modem and router several times I even cleaned out Utorrent of some of the older torrents that were just sitting there I used Peer Guardian and it started getting glitchy and I leave that turned off It would error out which wasn't really new but seemed more lately - but maybe i just think so because of this I'll post a HiJack log just in case If something else would help let me know Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v CHROME FIREFOX en-US Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Cisco Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client vpnagent exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C PROGRA Dantz RETROS wdsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C WINDOWS system WDBtnMgr exe C Program Files WDC CR SetIcon exe C Program Files Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX CNMNSST exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files AskPartnerNetwork Toolbar Updater TBNotifier exe C Program Files AirVideoServer AirVideoServer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Documents and Settings Kid's Application Data Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop AVWEBGRD EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings Ki... Read more

A:Slow internet browsing & computer suddenly...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/506695 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506695/slow-internet-browsing-computer-suddenly/
Relevancy 70.09%

hi all- here is another plea for help--my laptop running windows xp was cruising along great when all of a sudden today all activity dramatically slowed down most noticeable when using firefox and in surfing the web i had not installed any new programs or anything else and had just recently reinstalled xp about a month ago not able to run ad-aware for some reason and not about log internet and help! slow! HJT suddenly computer included-please to run spybot on a consistent basis and when i do run it nothing is found i have attached my HJT log below many thanks in advance for any and all suggestions i would like to avoid having to reformat again cheers k Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system internet and computer suddenly slow! HJT log included-please help! Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Tools - Disk True Image TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files AirXpert Tri-Mode Dualband G AirPro exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe c Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C anti-viral anti-trojan HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mlb mlb com NASApp mlb mlb subscriptions mlbtv jsp O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA Spyware Doctor tools iesdsg dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA Spyware Doctor tools iesdpb dll O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run DiskeeperSystray quot c Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkIcon exe quot O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run Acronis True Image Monitor quot C Program Files Tools - Disk True Image TrueImageMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run Acronis Scheduler Service quot C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe quot O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run Spyware Doctor quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe quot Q O - Startup palmOne Registration lnk C Program Files palmOne register exe O - Global Startup Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher lnk O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup AirXpert Configuration Utility lnk O - Global Startup Cisco Systems VPN Client lnk C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client vpngui exe O - Glo... Read more

A:internet and computer suddenly slow! HJT log included-please help!

hi, your computer has had a ctash and this file below maybe causing the slow ups!?
have hijack this fix these entries. close all browsers and programmes before
clicking FIX.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k

* Click here to download ATF Cleaner by Atribune and save it to your desktop.

http://majorgeeks.com/ATF_Cleaner_d4949.html
* Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
* Under Main choose: Select All
* Click the Empty Selected button.
o If you use Firefox:
+ Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
+ Click the Empty Selected button.
+ NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
o If you use Opera:
+ Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
+ Click the Empty Selected button.
+ NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
* Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Make sure your ActiveX controls are set as follows:

Go to Internet Options - Security - Internet, press 'default level', then OK.
Now press "Custom Level."

In the ActiveX section, set the first two options (Download signed and
unsigned ActiveX controls) to 'prompt', and 'Initialize and Script ActiveX
controls not marked as safe" to 'disable'.
Active X settings

http://www.compu-docs.com/activex.htm
Run an online antivirus check from

http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

choose extended database for the scan!
post another log and the kaspersky log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-and-computer-suddenly-slow-hjt-log-included-please-help.486452/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi my internet connection has become suddenly connection brand on Internet new computer slow so slow suddenly yesterday It's a month old computer on a month old linksys router I think it's a virus or malware but am not experienced enough to locate and remove them Anti-virus hasn't detected anything specific one file it did but could not remove it Here is my hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDSLoader exeC Program Files NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now BkupTray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users HOME AppData Roaming Microsoft svchost exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Trend Micro Internet connection suddenly slow on brand new computer HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW Internet connection suddenly slow on brand new computer a m aspire x R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW a m aspire x R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Premier Edition Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO ShowBarObj Class - A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x ActiveToolBand dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B E dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C Program Files Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity x eDStoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Progr... Read more

A:Internet connection suddenly slow on brand new computer

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and Download and Execute filesI would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallHowever, if you do not have the resources to reinstall your computer and would like me to attempt to clean it, I will be happy to do so.Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask.Please let us know what you have decided to do in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278845/internet-connection-suddenly-slow-on-brand-new-computer/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello Everyone,

So I go on my desktop computer today and what do you know, the internet is really slow. I do a speedtest on my laptop which is right next desktop, and it has regular internet speeds. However, my desktop is really struggling, at times I can't even load basic pages, let alone play games. It's a custom built PC and I'm using a Netcomm wireless adapter to get a wireless connection (I can't use wired). 

What happened?!? Why is this randomly happening? Is my adapter broken? Do I need to update something?

Sorry if this in the wrong place.
If you need any more information to help me solve this problem then just ask.

Thanks,
~Gun

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513787/internet-speed-suddenly-slow-on-desktop-computer/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey folks,

I have a small office setup.
I have one windows 2003 server which holds all the files.
and i have 5 windows xp computers that accesses the files from the server.
the problem is the file access to the server is very slow. to open the network folder it rakes lot of time...like a minute....and same to access them....
sometimes it works fines but sometimes it dosent....
also when i ping it gives TTL 128 everytime which is good....but the file access is very slow....

the setup is .... all the computer (inc. server) are connected to the switch and the switch to the router.....

can anyone provide any help?
thanx