Windows Support Forum

Seeking overclocking & memory selection for X79 system build

Q: Seeking overclocking & memory selection for X79 system build

I am not a for overclocking build selection system Seeking X79 & memory gamer I Seeking overclocking & memory selection for X79 system build play games occasionally but don t build systems for gaming I am a commercial photographer architectural product industrial I shoot high mega pixel files build and save multiple copies layered Photoshop files very large scans and video footage I need a lot of storage space processing speed transfer speed and memory My previous builds have been dual Xeon systems and x Win OS since Win Previous systems have included dual Ghz dual Ghz dual Mhz amp dual Mhz using Asus amp Supermicro boards Besides my workstations I ve built a half dozen other systems The last systems have included drive RAID arrays in RAID config for working video files I haven t built a system in about years My goal is to build a system suitable for my photo video needs that provides modest stable overclocking - targeting Ghz I am also interested in combining a pair of Seagate Hybrid drives Momentus XT in RAID as the OS drive for a balance of space and performance rather than going to SSD I ve never played with Overclocking nor water cooled systems As I start this build I am tight on funds and propose to bake in a planned future upgrade to allow the cost of those components to go down and still see an immediate jump in speed over my current system I expect this new build to be X as fast as my current system minute render in minutes The future upgrade will further potentially double the speed - min Build purchased so far gt Corsair Carbide R case - selected for large side fan USB eSATA amp Firewire ports on front face gt ASRock X Extreme MoBo selected for GB support USB SATA III RAID also for fairly simple Overclocking capability gt MasterCooler Gold w PSU gt Corsair H Hydro CPU Cooler kit extra fans for push pull airflow selected for high efficiency simple liquid cooling also considering Maingear Epic T thermal compound top end but expensive gt LG Blu-ray burner I burn a lot of Blu-rays as part of my Backup Archive strategy hundreds per year gt Front mounted Card reader with additional USB gt EVGA Nvidia GTX Superclocked GPU bought used for selected as a cost saving option that still provides ample CUDA cores for video rendering to be purchased over next - weeks gt Intel i CPU Overclocked to a modest but stable GHz gt GB GBx Mushkin Quad Chan CAS RAM - - - gt Dual Seagate Momentus XT GB Hybrid Drives in RAID for OS I replaced a laptop drive with the GB version and was impressed plus it offers much more space than a midsized single SSD or dual smaller SSDs gt RAID TB Barracuda GB s rpm drive for Data Drive frankly I like the Hitachis better but the Seagates are somewhat cheaper I will probably get these last hoping the cost drops further and production increases gt Windows Developers OS beta free for evaluation amp testing driver issues gt Adobe CS amp CS Suites I also plan to continue using the TB Lacie Big eSata drive I now have as well as a small collection of RAID NAS drives My current workstation will also stay on my desk along with my newer Thnkpad i - QM GB RAM dual GB RAID Future upgrade - gt Intel i X gt GB RAM x GB gt Nvidia GTX gt possible SSD OS drive s Issues amp Questions I have are related to the speed and latency of memory for this system and issues related to overclocking Any suggestions recommendations Much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Seeking overclocking & memory selection for X79 system build

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Seeking overclocking & memory selection for X79 system build

Not sure how "used" it is but that evga gtx460 1GB SC is $129.99 new.
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperClo...3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330282267&sr=1-3

I recommend you stay away from Seagate for there horrible failure rate. Western Digital Caviar Black or Blue is the way to go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-overclocking-memory-selection-for-x79-system-build.178016/
Relevancy 94.6%

If you are considering building your own computer System selection Memory Build - you may find this short article on memory selection of assistance when deciding which memory to purchase The main purpose of the article is to highlight the importance of considering not only the ram specified for the motherboard but also considering the memory specified for the processor Once you have selected your motherboard you will see listed on the specifications details of the ram supported by the board System Build - Memory selection Here is an example from Asus for the P H USB http ie asus com Motherboards Intel Socket P H USB specifications A quick glance shows the board as capable of supporting the following ram specifications x DIMM Max GB System Build - Memory selection DDR O C Non-ECC Un-buffered Memory Dual Channel memory architecture Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile XMP Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs Some hyper DIMMs only support one DIMM per channel Please refer to Memory QVL for details On the motherboard site you will also find usually on the headings for details specifications downloads and other items one named - memory support - or similar wording as shown in red above This usually down-loadable as a pdf document will list all the memory that has been tested with that board Obviously motherboard manufacturers cannot possibly test all makes and types of memory and simply because the make of memory you are considering is not listed on the QVL Qualified Vendors List does not mean that it will not function perfectly However it is generally advisable unless you have some degree of experience to purchase one of the tested configurations Now to look in greater detail at this particular motherboard we see that it can support memory in DDR configuration DDR and DDR have pins However they are NOT interchangeable as the position of the notch on the ram stick and on the motherboard is different There are other reasons for there incompatibility they run at different voltages and different timings If we then look at the speed of the ram that is in simple terms the speed at which data is written to it we see in this example that the board is capable of supporting memory from MHz down across the speeds to Mhz You will also note that speeds other than the and are shown with a OC entry That refers to overclocking and indicates that the voltage and timings of the ram must be manually set for those speeds to work at their full capabilities That however is only the start of the overclock configuration as it is extremely unlikely that the ram will function perfectly without altering the voltage on the northbridge chipset and the CPU voltage If you are not experienced in these matters my advise is to stay well away from overclocking Generally speaking the performance gain is relatively small and the risk of damage is relatively high Many people building their first system ask quot If overclocking is so risky why is it mentioned and explained in my motherboard manual quot The answer is that it is the manufacturers response to consumer demand so that motherboards processors video cards etc can meet the increased demands from for instance the requirements of gaming without the consumer feeling that he must continually update his hardware with new components To return to the selection of ram for this board we see that it can support up to Gb and has four ram slots supporting dual channel To use dual channel architecture there must be at least ONE stick of ram in each channel That is one stick in each of the blue slots - the attached image clearly shows the two blue and the two black slots These two sticks of ram MUST be exactly matched Do not try and use different makes of ram albeit they appear to be the same configuration To fully populate both channels two further sticks are added to the black slots If you examine further the details on the tested memory for the board you will see which ram can... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-build-memory-selection.1053743/
Relevancy 68.37%
Relevancy 61.06%

Just got done building a new tower and im having an issue with it reading the memory properly Specs Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP AMD Phenom Black Edition Quad Core x Gigabyte sticks of PC - DDR Memory w PSU with every connector imaginable Gigabyte GA-M SLI-DS Motherboard Gigabyte please Memory new system help with build issue SATA II Western Digital HD x DVD-R RW Combo drive So now for the Memory issue with new system build please help issues Installed XP fine everything Memory issue with new system build please help seems to be running and operating ok games seem to be ok but could be better based on the specs When im running windows and i click start and then right click my computer and open properties everything shows up normal but the system memory only reads at quot gig quot and im unsure why I have a total of GB PC - when i started windows initially it said first boot now its steadily reading after every restart setup currently like this Dimm x GB stick PC - Dimm Empty Dimm x GB stick PC - Dimm Empty Dual Channel Mode Even when i run them paired in the same channels i e - - It still reads as - note have tested it with only using one stick and still only reads either way both sticks work but read wrong Please help any questions please ask

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-issue-with-new-system-build-please-help-316111.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Basically going to build my own computer (again) and am looking at a simple but decent build and was wondering what others thought, so far I have come up with:

CASE: Coolermaster HAF-912
PSU: Corsair TX 750w PSU
CPU: Intel Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8Mb Cache Quad Core
MOBO: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R SLI / Crossfire Motherboard
RAM: Corsair XMS 6Gb (3x2Gb) 1600Mhz DDR3
GPU: Nvidia GTX470 1280Mb (DX11 enabled) OR a ATI HD5870 1Gb (DX11 Enabled)
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 1Tb (1000Gb) 32Mb Cache Read/Write 100Mb/s
CD/DVD: Samsung Dual Layer 24x DVD+-RW Black

Any comments, suggestions and general feed back would be appreciated regarding this build. No particular budget or price tag in mind just after something that will provide reasonable performance for a while.

A:Seeking comments on new build

Have you considered looking at the new GTX 570/580 or even the upcoming Radeon 69xx next Tuesday/Wednesday? Also what resolution do you plan to play on if this is for gaming? Or are you interested in getting a new monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-comments-on-new-build.158090/
Relevancy 60.2%

Apologies in case this thread has already been posted about but am in need of help I just finish putting together a new gaming PC and am not getting video Unsure if its due to video card being incompatible or if its due to bad memory dimm s Could some one take a look at my config and give me some Build... Assistance with New Seeking Gaming insights before I go buying replacing more components My system config is as follow MB ASUS A N -SLI Deluxe CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core OS Windows Vista Home Premium HHD WD Raptor X GB SATA Mem x MB PC - by Canton Video ATI Radeon X Pro PCIe PSU Antec Neo HE w Monitor Samsung SyncMaster n Case Antec Every thing is plugged in firmly and securely where it supposed to be When the system powers up all the fans spin and LEDs lights up MB is getting power DVD-Rom spins HDD spins but I get no picture or beep codes So since I cant get video I cant install the OS and enjoy playing with this new system All the components are brand new so am spinning my wheels trying to figure out what the corporate might be Any ideas or suggestions will be highly appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I need help I am not greatly experienced but not completely clueless in the world of computer building I now have what I am assuming is a huge problem and am unsure as how to proceed I have attempted to look for similar issues and their resolutions here but feel I need to seek some specific advice I should tell you my full story I built my first computer with some remote assistance of a friend at the end of college Advice First Build Problem Seeking on (desperately) ie Seeking Advice (desperately) on First Build Problem early this summer and it worked perfectly and all was mostly right in my world The processor gave me weird readings but continued to function as if it weren Seeking Advice (desperately) on First Build Problem t I was attempting a few different programs to figure out what it was about my processor fan is powered and functionally stuck in place and I cannot get it off the motherboard It functions but often tells me that the temperature is below an acceptable margin which neither I nor my friend had ever heard of as being a problem but since it worked consistently I was not terribly worried I moved home in late august and became concerned that my computer did not travel well as it did not make it through boot up Seeking Advice (desperately) on First Build Problem I tried the easy thing I cleaned it with condensed air and it worked again woo I downloaded a MS XP update it installed I checked my email and then it shut itself off It didn t start again for about ten minuets then did loaded I attempted to go about my business and shut itself down again I have had problems with poorly installed updates on factory computers before so I thought I would have no choice to system restore before it and try installing it again I momentarily forgot that I had been worried about connections I waited and turned it on again but it did not run long enough to try anything I then believed I had a real hardware issue instead and checked all my connections Still no luck I cleaned it again since I now live in an environment with pet hair and had the same lack of result I unplugged my external restart button in case it had a fault but now the computer will not even turn on I could not figure out what to do next and I pouted for several days I assure you this was the best use of my time P I m out of ideas and now too frustrated but very calm about it to continue a search for existing advice which has been unproductive up to now I am far more experienced with software but do understand basics of hardware care I have a grounding bracelet handle by the edges touch the metal case under the power supply frequently and dust with condensed air I m afraid my nosy officious family may not but but that is the risk you run when your office does not lock I would like to try anything to get my computer working since I do have work to get done eventually I believe I have made my specs public thus concludes my tale of woe I am really grateful to any of you who have read it and eagerly await your advice instructions Hopefully more instructions since I have exhausted my own technical knowledge nbsp

A:Seeking Advice (desperately) on First Build Problem

What do you mean by "condensed air" that you used to clean it. Was it treated with difluoroethane gas to prevent the creation of static electricity... as untreated air can ruin a number of electronic components, permanently.

Always suspect the power supply, then the CPU setup, then memory.

Other than that, I would strip down your system to the most simple possible connection... board, power supply, one memory module, and an info source... hard drive, floppy drive, External USB drive?
Inspect every component carefully, slowly. Even the most obvious ideas.
Have you bent a pin on the cpu?
Have you allowed some non-descript cable become loose?
Have you inadvertently plugged a cable into the incorrect port?
Is a cable to the power supply loose at the case or at the wall?
Don't laugh. It is usually something stooped you overlooked out of frustration.

Is your power source to that socket good, or have you inadvertently caused a power switch at the box to switch to the neutral location?
Use logic. Write out your plan before you start.
The idea is to test one approach. then another.
You don't have to worry about maximum power. Try any other power supply.
Simple, simple, simple tests... then add or change to keep it simple.
What do you want it to do. Turn on.
What causes it to not turn on? Bad memory module. Bad connection. Bad setup on your CPU. Bad power supply.
There are so many things that go wrong on new equipment... they are never tested adequately at the plant because the guys who do testing are telling jokes, or were out with too many beers or cheap rice wine the night before.
Once you get it turned on, life will become better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-advice-desperately-on-first-build-problem.134252/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am on a budget excluding the for vista -bit I am just about ready to purchase several parts to this Seeking Final First Time Critique on Builder Build PC but I needed some help with a few things first First I was just wondering is all of this hardware compatible and do I have everything I need for it to run smoothly Second I haven t yet decided on just a few of the parts that I need I don t know which video card I should get they are listed below but all of them seem pretty good yes I do realize First Time Builder Seeking Critique on Final Build that both of the radeon cards are the same but one company might be better than the other who knows I am open to suggestion so if First Time Builder Seeking Critique on Final Build you have one just post it Although if you do suggest a change or something of the sort please provide a link to where I can get the part SAMSUNG X DVD Burner Black SATA Model COOLER MASTER Centurion Black Aluminum Bezel SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive CORSAIR CMPSU- VX W ATX V V Power Supply GIGABYTE GA-EP -DS L LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz MB L Cache LGA W Dual-Core Processor G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory XFX GeForce GTX G MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x SLI Supported Video Card OR SAPPHIRE L Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card OR MSI R - M Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP -bit English for System Builders pk DSP OEI DVD Also I am a first time builder I have done a few small changes such as RAM or a video card but nothing like this so if you can please post a link to a good guide that can help me put this thing together Thanks for your help nbsp

A:First Time Builder Seeking Critique on Final Build

I'd recommend stepping down to this CPU and getting your motherboard from here. Also, step down to this PSU and use the remaining money to upgrade to a GTX 260 or the HD 4870. Both perform on par but the ATI card runs hotter, so if you're worried about whether or not your case is ventilated enough, the GTX 260 is for you.

For a good guide, check this one out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-builder-seeking-critique-on-final-build.111055/
Relevancy 58.91%

I m looking to build a PC - build feedback Seeking on 2.40GHz Intel C2Q PC planned that is just a notch or two below the current top specs I would get a Mac but it s not worth the money Here s what I Seeking feedback on planned PC build - Intel C2Q 2.40GHz ve come up with all from tigerdirect com Intel XBX KR Motherboard CPU Bundle - Intel Core Quad Q Processor GHz OEM Ultra Gladiator ULT ATX Mid-Tower Case - Black Front USB FireWire Audio Ports -Watt V-Series Power Supply Ultra MB PC DDR MHz Memory x Seagate Barracuda GB Hard Drive Seeking feedback on planned PC build - Intel C2Q 2.40GHz - MB Serial ATA- OEM EVGA GeForce GTS Video Card - FREE Enemy Territory Quake Wars PC Game MB GDDR PCI Express SLI Ready Dual DVI HDTV Video Card I will also move a few things from my old PC Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Sound Card PCI Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive PATA DVD-ROM Drive DVD RW Drive This would be my first build so I have a couple specific questions First how close is this build to the W limit of the power supply If I wanted to add a few things would I need a larger power supply Second I plan to install Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic bit FULL The motherboard description says that using a -bit system allows me to upgrade to GB of RAM Can anyone explain this Do I just install GB sticks with identical specs Also I have read that a different BIOS is needed for -bit systems Will I need to flash the BIOS before installing Windows or will it support a -bit OS from the factory If I do need to flash the BIOS how do I know which BIOS I need Any other thoughts recommendations and feedback are extremely welcome Thanks nbsp

A:Seeking feedback on planned PC build - Intel C2Q 2.40GHz

I'll take the lack of response to mean that there are no major problems with this plan, but can anyone shed some light on my questions about the power supply and building a 64-bit system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-feedback-on-planned-pc-build-intel-c2q-2-40ghz.91962/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am looking for suggestions on what to get for my next comp It will be used for gaming multimedia and I will be overclocking it What I don t need -Peripherals including monitor -Operating System I will use XP Home -Hard drives I will use the new VelociRaptor as my primary drive and a Seagate for my secondary drive -GPU s I will use two Evga GTS build overclocking me / Help gaming rig! a G s in SLI What I do need -RAM -CPU Core Two Duo Quad Extreme -Case I think I would like to try an acrylic case -PSU -Cooling I think liquid cooling for at least the CPU and northbridge would be a good option if the budget favors it -Optical and floppy drive I Help me build a overclocking / gaming rig! dont need a Blue-Ray writer reader -Anything else that I may be forgetting Requirements The motherboard must have at least two PCI-e x slots so I can run my cards in SLI Budget Approximately I prefer to buy from NewEgg because they have good shipping charges Help me build a overclocking / gaming rig! to Hawaii nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-build-a-overclocking-gaming-rig.716674/
Relevancy 55.47%

Greetings all. I am currently running an AMD 64 +3200 on an Asus a8v board. I am wondering what type of memory is best. (That is between 3200 & 2700, and ECC over non-ECC.) I can support upto 4 GB of 2700, and only 2 of 3200 ram.

I have heard other people having problems with the A8V in regards to the AGP settings from ATI as well.

Thanks.

A:Seeking memory advice on an ASUS A8V board

I don't use that board, but I use the K8V Deluxe with the same setup. I currently running a gig of Kingston PC3200 (2 x 512) and am thinking about adding another half-gig but currently, it's rock-solid. You may not need that much memory depending on the applications you're using. BTW, the mem I'm using is non-ECC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-memory-advice-on-an-asus-a8v-board.19090/
Relevancy 55.47%

Seeking help freeing up memory removing junk How do I remove the below mentioned Coupons com coupon bar Note that it already has a critical file missing I can t find this coupon bar in SEARCH This is not seen in my programs screen for uninstalling Can I get rid of Sidebar entirely and how do I do it What else can I do to prolong the use of this system I junk freeing memory/removing up help Seeking downloaded hijack this before I Seeking help freeing up memory/removing junk saw this prompt to download TSG SystemInfo Can anyone offer suggestions to improve this system Seeking help freeing up memory/removing junk and remove the coupon bar entry and also can I get rid of sidebar or anything else I want to free up memory in general Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUi exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Wes Documents Downloads HijackThis exe C Windows explorer exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search coupons com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search coupons com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast Online Security - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Coupons com CouponBar - E B - C - DE- - D BBECD - C Program Files Coupons com CouponBar tbcore dll file missing O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run AvastUI exe quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe quot nogui O - HKCU Run Messenger Yahoo quot C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YahooMessenger exe quot -quiet O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe quot minimized regrun O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETWORK SERVICE O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Extra button Skype Click to Call - EA C -E FF- B- -AEC B E - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet... Read more

A:Seeking help freeing up memory/removing junk

Hi, first download AdwCleaner by Xplode to your desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
Click on the Download Now @BleepingComputer button and save it to your desktop.

NOTE: If using Internet Explorer and you get an alert that stops the program downloading click on Smartscreen Filter > Turn off Smartscreen Filter then click on OK in the box that opens. Then click on the link again.

Close any browsers that may be open - double click on the ADWCleaner icon on your desktop
Click on the Scan button.
Let it scan your Pc - when that is done click on the Clean button.
Allow it to clean and reboot your Pc.
The report will appear on your desktop - Copy and Paste it into your next post.
======
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-help-freeing-up-memory-removing-junk.1137766/
Relevancy 55.47%

With specs like below Asus Z pro gamer and an i k how do you know what speed memory to use to allow for max overclockng later adequate cooling assumed of course Many buyers on newegg are using I was thinking was the base speed to use as I have that with my i k But then I can t get above Gigs but I have a crappy pipe cooler too and I chicken out early on the temps Also when it says quot O C quot below in the memory spec is it talking MEMORY overclocking or CPU or both Of course the CPU needs to be OC d first Helping a grandson with his first gaming machine thanks From the Asus motherboard spec Memory Number of Memory Slots pin Memory Standard DDR O C O C O C O C O C O C O C O C O C O C O C O C Maximum Memory Supported GB nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-selection.1152832/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi All I m planning to build my first ever desktop since my laptop is already having problems and I think it s going to die soon I m going to use the computer mainly for doing D digital artworks editing videos as well as playing games specifically MMORPGs and some like PC First Overclocking) (NO Advice Need Build Gaming Alice Madness amp Skyrim I ll be playing the heavier games on the console so no need to have a monster pc I just First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking) want something that would accommodate my main use and last First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking) me a while before I would have the need to upgrade again I also have a budget that I have to stick to I live in the Philippines so it will be Php - Php in USD I think it would be around - As stated above I won t be doing any overclocking whatsoever Here are the specifications of the build I was planning CPU Intel Core i - Processor M Cache up to GHz Motherboard Asus H -PRO GAMER VideoCard EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Superclocked Memory Vengeance Low Profile GB Dual Channel DDR Memory Kit CML GX M A C Storage Samsung GB EVO quot SATA SSD Storage Western Digital Caviar Black TB quot RPM Power Supply Seasonic X W Gold CPU Cooler Cooler Master Seidon V Hybrid Optical Drive ASUS D ST BLACK X SATA Case Obsidian Series D Mid-Tower PC Case Case Fan Scythe Kaze Jyuni PWM mm rpm CFM x Since this is a first opinions are greatly appreciated I m open for First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking) suggestions if you think there are better parts that should replace the ones listed It would also be very nice if it would be cheaper without losing the performance and quality Thanks in advance nbsp

A:First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking)

Thorah said:

Hi All,

I'm planning to build my first ever desktop since my laptop is already having problems and I think it's going to die soon...

I'm going to use the computer mainly for doing 2D digital artworks, editing videos as well as playing games, specifically MMORPGs and some like Alice Madness & Skyrim.
I'll be playing the heavier games on the console so no need to have a monster pc.
I just want something that would accommodate my main use and last me a while before I would have the need to upgrade again.

I also have a budget that I have to stick to. I live in the Philippines so it will be Php 50,000 - Php 55,000 , in USD I think it would be around $ 1000 - $ 1200.

As stated above, I won't be doing any overclocking whatsoever.

Here are the specifications of the build I was planning.

CPU: Intel® Core? i5-4690 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz)
Motherboard: Asus H97-PRO GAMER
VideoCard: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked
Memory: Vengeance® Low Profile ? 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CML8GX3M2A1600C9)
Storage: Samsung 120 GB 840 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Power Supply: Seasonic X650 650W 80+ Gold
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V Hybrid
Optical Drive: ASUS24D3ST BLACK 24X SATA
Case: Obsidian Series® 450D Mid-Tower PC Case
Case Fan: Scythe Kaze Jyuni PWM 120mm, 1300rpm, 74CFM (x3)

Since this is a first, opinions are greatly appreciated. I'm open for suggestions if you think there are better parts that should replace the ones listed. It would also be very nice if it would be cheaper without losing the performance and quality.

Thanks in advance!Click to expand...

What programs do you specifically use for video editing and such?

Also a couple of notes:
1: That PSU is a bit overkill for that build or most builds. I would suggest a Gold Rated 550Watt as being a cheaper better option for you.
2: Save a couple of bucks and grab a Western Digital Blue 1tb HDD or a Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDD. WD Black HDD's are awesome but generally they are a bit more for not much of a difference overall.

Can you link the site from which you are ordering your parts from?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-gaming-pc-build-need-advice-no-overclocking.210692/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I would like some selection with Corsair Help memory help with memory selection My chosen motherboard is Gigabyte GA- P-DS for Coure Duo E My question is not about compatibility since the sticks are compatible based on Gigabyte s website Help with Corsair memory selection I just wanted to know the difference between the various Corsair gb XMS models I m a newbie regarding RAM and do not really know a lot about voltage or latency Most of the guides I found about memory selection are quite outdated Basically I narrowed it down to models I have decided to go with Corsair since they have good reputation but I m not sure which one should I go for Corsair XMS TWIN X - Matched Pairs GB Kit x GB PC DDR - CL - - - -pin Dual Help with Corsair memory selection Channel Memory CAN Corsair XMS TWIN X - C DHX Matched Pairs GB Kit x GB PC DDR - CL - - - -pin Dual Channel DHX Memory CAN Corsair XMS TWIN X - C Matched Pairs GB kit x GB PC DDR - CL - - - -pin Dual Channel Memory CAN My hunch tells me to go with the rd choice since its more expensive But my system won t be high end As for overclocking it might be an option possibly in a year s time Help with Corsair memory selection Help would be nice Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-corsair-memory-selection.591828/
Relevancy 53.75%

I apologize in advance for any typos I don t catch and fix I m trying to type with a wrist brace on What are you going to use the PC for Gaming How much is your budget Not yet known depends on tax return Where are you located a k a fill out your help, questions points finer overclocking, about (FSB, Build/upgrade etc.) the profile Indiana Are you willing to buy online Yes frequent Newegg user Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build Yes I am only upgrading my current system Looking to buy at most RAM Video card Hard Drive and monitor Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others Will be reusing what I have except maybe the monitor Have you already bought any parts Not yet Do you have an Operating System OS Yes Windows -bit Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup Not sure yet Hi all Tried some Google-fu but didn t find anything that really answered my questions I want to upgrade my system this spring Build/upgrade help, questions about the finer points (FSB, overclocking, etc.) primarily for gaming and I want to have a better understanding of what FSB is and how it affects my system before I go and spend my money I don t feel I need help with specific item recommendations rather I would like some questions answered so I can make a more educated purchase when the time comes Here are some detailed stats for my system including pertinent information that I have questions about MOTHERBOARD ASUS M A TD-V EVO Front side bus Up to MT s HyperTransport Interface Dual-channel memory architecture x -pin DIMM slots max supported GB unbuffered EEC and non-EEC DDR O C O C MHz I will NOT be replacing motherboard this spring PROCESSOR AMD Phenom II x Quad-Core GHz MHz HyperTransports L Cache x KB L Cache MB I will NOT be replacing the processor this spring There are several things that I do not understand about these two products I bought them on the recommendation of a friend who knows more about this stuff than I do but was not interested in explaining them at the time Now I want to know what this stuff means before I buy anymore Here are my following questions What is Front side bus exactly I understand that it is the speed and that you want the MHz to match but beyond that I know next to nothing What are Hyper Transports Is this on the motherboard a maximum threshold or a recommendation At MHz is my processor sub-par or within parameters What is the O C and O C on the motherboard I know it has to do with the front side bus but I don t know what the O C stands for I would guess that it means overclocked but I do not know When I bought RAM I went with the because I did not understand this O C stuff I am looking to add more RAM or even replace the current RAM possibly up to the max of GBs For the record I m not interested at this point in overclocking This is due to the fact that I don t know what overclocking is or how to do it I would appreciate a description of what overclocking is and how it affects my system but I don t think I will worry about doing so What are the L and L Cache What do they do and how do they affect my computer s performance With the processor I do not see anything about a frequency that matches the motherboard or the RAM How do I determine what frequency my processor works at Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:Build/upgrade help, questions about the finer points (FSB, overclocking, etc.)

All of this information is already available online so it doesn't make sense to repeat what's available.

HyperTransport:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HyperTransport

AMD uses HyperTransport to replace the Front-Side Bus in their Opteron, Athlon 64, Sempron 64, Turion 64, Phenom and Phenom II families of microprocessors.

In personal computers, the front-side bus (FSB) is the bus that carries data between the CPU and the northbridge.

This should explain DDR3:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR3_SDRAM

What is the 1800(O.C.) and 1600(O.C.) on the motherboard?
The motherboard supports Overclocking up to those speeds.

What are the L2 and L3 Cache?
L1 is closest to the core, typically smallest and fastest. L2 is typically bigger and slower, and 'further away' (both physical, distance, and in latency). L3 is even bigger, slower and further, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU_cache

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-upgrade-help-questions-about-the-finer-points-fsb-overclocking-etc.158053/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I am need of some advice for a gaming build that I am about to make I have actually already purchased all of the parts and they are already here but before unpacking any of them I decided to check with some other people whether they will work together well The biggest thing that I m worried about is whether my PSU will handle my system and all stable solid, this for overclocking? Solved: and a Is build gaming of the overclocking I will be doing Also I do not plan on upgrading for a while so I just want to make sure this system as it is now will work As I mentioned in the title this build is solely for the Solved: Is this a solid, stable build for gaming and overclocking? purpose of gaming so I WILL be doing some overclocking Basically I just want to make sure that it will be able to handle everything well Here are the specs OS - Windows x Motherboard - MSI P GD Video Card - MSI GTX Twin Frozr OC MB - will overclocking this by about - PSU - Corsair TX CPU - Intel Core i Ghz - will overclock this to about Ghz RAM - G Skill DDR Ripjaws Series GB x Hard Drive - WD Caviar Black GB Case - Antec Any suggestions on what I could do to improve or whether the system is good enough would be greatly appreciated I still have some money left over and returning something would not be a problem so please feel free to throw in any suggestions you might have Thank you Sebastian nbsp

A:Solved: Is this a solid, stable build for gaming and overclocking?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-is-this-a-solid-stable-build-for-gaming-and-overclocking.897020/
Relevancy 52.03%

First of thank you to all who have shared advice new on system Seeking their knowledge here I have learned more about my system and probably the system I want to build here then anywhere else I am an avid d gamer looking forward too many of the upcoming releasing but finding my system in Seeking advice on new system need of replacement Now I have read the hold Seeking advice on new system off on buying upgrading your PC right now article because of the coming upgrades but for my needs should I really wait I expect the new chipset memory etc from intel is going to be pretty expressive at first and push it out of what I will pay for my hobby Will I see a corresponding drop in price on quot older quot chipsets and motherboards that would make it worth my time to wait another couple months Or am over-estimating what they mean by using premium to describe their prices for the new memory If you believe that I should build buy now what features would you suggest So far I am leaning towards Intel and Nvidia with no intention of overclocking the system Thank you for your time and suggestions Bryan nbsp

A:Seeking advice on new system

I'm building this system for my very best friend:

RAIDMAX 10-Bay ATX Mid-Tower Case
Price: $52
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=11-156-133&DEPA=1

ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe Motherboard
Price: $116
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-492&depa=1

Intel P4 2.4CGhz
Price: $169
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductdesc.asp?description=19-116-157&depa=1

Sapphire Radeon 9600 XT 128MB
Price: $146
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?DEPA=1&sumit=Go&description=14-102-326&searchdepa=1

Corsair TwinX XMS Platinum 512MB PC3200 DDR
Price: $135
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-145-452&depa=1

Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA
Price: $74
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?DEPA=1&sumit=Go&description=22-145-049&searchdepa=1

Optorite 52X32X52 CD-RW
Price: $28
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-182-021&depa=1

CTX 17? Black Monitor
Price: $87
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductdesc.asp?description=24-103-155&depa=1

Microsoft Optical Desktop
Price: $36
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduct.asp?description=23-109-122&depa=1

Gainward [email protected] Sound Xplosion 5.1 Headset
Price: $27
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductdesc.asp?description=26-106-450&depa=1

Total: $867Click to expand...

That will run any game so far. OC to 3Ghz, maybe more...

Also, for 3D gaming, ATI is your friend, not nVidia. I'm sorry to sound like a fan boy, but ATI is ahead of the pack.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-advice-on-new-system.13629/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi i have a q6600 on a evga 122ck-nf67t1 mb with 4x1gb corsair c4d dominator ddr2 6400 .my question is i would like to ease into overclocking and my question is is it better to overclock with 2x2gb or ok with the 4x1 gb setup .also anybody with this board would appreciate your settings to set it up am looking about 3.0 ghtz thanks

A:Overclocking and memory

I would say that in general it is better to overclock with less sticks of ram if your CPU does not have an unlocked multiplier. If it does not, like your q6600, you will overclock by increasing the FSB speed, and therefore increasing the speed of the ram. It is possible that your overclock will be limited by your ram instead of by your CPU. The fewer sticks of ram, the less likely that you will be limited by your ram.

For your particular overclock, my guess is that you will be fine. The above probably only applies to pretty extreme overclocks. If you already have 2x2 gb of ram, then use them, but otherwise it is not worth it to spend around 100$ on ram so you can overclock a little bit better. Also before you start, make sure you have a decent aftermarket cooler so your CPU does not get too toasty.

Good luck on your overclock!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-and-memory.141329/
Relevancy 52.03%

Memeory Overclocking

Hey gang,

What is the best way to overclock my memory (system memory) and not overclock the CPU ? I thought I saw an article on this but can't find it now. I have a Giga-Byte GA-7DXR board with 256 of PC2100 DDR.

Any advice would be appriciated. And thanks

A:Memory Overclocking

I would think that just increasing your FSB would probably do the trick. This would increase your ram speed but not touch your cpu speed. Your CPU speed will go vary with doing this but the increase in speed comes from the memory and not the cpu.

I could be wrong here. Someone will probably chime in with something more concrete.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-overclocking.766/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all. I was just wanting some of your opinions about overclocking my memory clock speed. I came across the following using Everest Ultimate Edition 2006:

DIMM1: Nanya M2U51264DS8HC3G-5T 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)

DIMM2: GeIL CL25-4-4DDR 400 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-4-4-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.0-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)

What catches my eye is that the sticks are currently operating at 166, but Everest mentions readings @200 Mhz. Would it be safe to increase the frequency from 166 to 200 Mhz?

Thanks!

A:Overclocking memory...should I?

how do you know they are running at 166? download CPU-z to see what speeds and timings your RAM is running at.

They are both PC3200 sticks which means that they are 200MHz sticks, however if you look at what everest says... when they run at 200MHz, they run at looser timings as well.

It appears that the "Geil" stick is much better than the Nanya stick. since you are running 2 unmatched sticks (with one being weaker than the other) your performance will always be limited by the weakest link.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-memory-should-i.50273/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm wondering whether its possible to overclock the FSB and memory at all.

I'm running a 3000+ (w/400MHz FSB OEM Edition) O/Ced to 2.3GHz for the moment, and I have 2 sticks of 512MB DDR400 RAM (on a A7N8X-Deluxe 2.0).

My FSB is at 400MHz right now, and I was wondering how I would go about overclocking that number higher as well as the RAM.

I've tried a few things like RAM % perf and stuff but whenever I modify the RAM, I usually have to reset the CMOS due to the computer not booting/posting.

Thank you.

A:FSB/Memory Overclocking

So let me get this straight, you've overclocked your FSB but not your memory bus? It's running Async? And you want to figure out how to run it Sync, right? I don't know the exact BIOS setting, you're gonna have to ask someone w/ that system board.

As for overclocking higher - what have you done with your voltages? Try increasing your Vcore and your Vdimm.

And have you messed around with your memory timings at all? They're probably the most volatile option (e.g. when I set some timings too tight, I have to reflash my BIOS on reboot ) in your BIOS and can certainly prevent you from overclocking your memory at all. Just me sure they're set to SPD or 3-4-4-8.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fsb-memory-overclocking.11286/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have PDP Systems PC MB Dual Channel RAM rated at help overclocking Memory - - - Memory overclocking help T This Memory overclocking help means that with the FSB at MHz this ram should be able to run at - - - right Right now these sticks have given me nothing but trouble I try to put the settings on - - - with the FSB MHz x so actually MHz and the system wont even boot up The fastest settings I can have this RAM on with the FSB MHz is - - - which is what it s set to right now Do I have a problem here I read in some other guy s post on a different site that he had his FSB MHz with timings of - - - Heat isn t my problem I have the thermal case sensor shoved right inbetween the heat spreader and a memory chip on the RAM and I m getting degrees farenheit Is there anything that you can recommend to get this darned stuff to run better Or is this normal Thanks -X nbsp

A:Memory overclocking help

As long as you monitor your temps closely, you could bump up the voltages a tiny bit.
P.S. My RAM is @ 2.5-4-4-8 so your timings are pretty fast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-overclocking-help.302749/
Relevancy 52.03%

Well i ve been reading all sorts of things about overclocking ram and so far i memory Overclocking think i ve got a rough idea I have the VS GBKIT D i think without looking that is but only one stick in Its standard latencies are - - - at v i think I ve got it to - - - with v using the bios I ve seen a Overclocking memory heap of ram running this speed and i think it might have been on AT that i saw the exact same model running this only they ran it at v Overclocking memory which has got me a little worried Will this effect the lifespan of my memory and if so how much I know about the average lifespan of a processor is well outside my upgrade period so i ve Overclocking memory overclocked the hell out of that Ram i m not too sure about I ll be getting some - - - mhz Giel later on from a friend but with the latencies i m running will this be roughly the same I have used CPU-Z to tell me a little about whats going on and something called quot performance test quot to check out actual realworld differences so i can post pretty much everything except the proper voltages Does anyone know if i should be checking up on something or maybe doing something differently Thanks in advance EDIT stock ghz - - - ratio overclocked - - - ratio and my performance using HL CSS stress test scores have dropped from an average of fps down to fps Can anyone explain to me what happened nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-memory.58852/
Relevancy 51.6%

My XP/Pro system's disk drive(s) are always seeking. The case has a disk activity light, and it blinks from 2x per second to maybe 6-8x per second. And this is when the system should be idle!

I checked and "Allow Indexing Service to index this disk for fast file searching" is NOT checked for both drives C and D.

For what it is worth, both C and D are RAID-1 arrays.

Any thoughts?

Relevancy 51.6%

It's time to upgrade my current system: WinXP, Pent 3.4, Intel i925x chipset (socket 775), 2mb ddr pc2-5200 ram...

I have picked up the following so far:

(1) Seagate SATA 500mb drive (7200 rpm)
(2) Master Power 520 watt ATX power supply
(3) ATI X1950 PRO 256mb PCI card
(4) Zalman CNPS7700-CU Cooler fan
(5) Samsung Synchmaster 906BW Monitor

I have a budget of $500 to purchase a new cpu, motherboard, RAM, and solid cooling case. I think I need to stick to an Intel 775/478 socket or AMD 754/939/940 socket because of the Zalman fan??? My main concerns/uses for the upgrade are (1) Keep the system cooler, (2) Solid efficient performance, and (3) Casual gaming (I'm good on keeping the ATI 1950 card above).

Any advise, tips, and opinions would be greatly appreciate.

A:seeking advice on system upgrade please...

one thing to consider, if winxp came on the computer or was oem, then it will also have to be replaced per microsofts eula since you are replacing the motherboard Thats an additional cost since you will need to purchase the full version.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/seeking-advice-on-system-upgrade-please-228561.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a good system but i want to make it even better I have very efficient cooling so im not worried Memory timing overclocking on I want to overclock but i dont understand memory timings Could someone please help me System Specs -AMD AthlonXP email protected Stock Memory timing on overclocking not overclocked but capable of gig Clock Speed w air cooling and gigs w water cooling -ASUS A N X Motherboard -pc MB Dual Channel DDR Memory x mb -ASUS Radeon XT -Thermalright SP- Heatpipe heatsink combo cpu cooler w arctic Memory timing on overclocking silver and a Vantec Tornado Sunon x x Memory timing on overclocking mm fan w cfm -True Watt Power Supply - Western Digital Gig Hard Drives rpm w mb Buffer - X X CD-R RW - X DVD CD Drive -Sony quot Floppy Disk Drive - x Blue UV Reactive mm Fans - quot UV Cold Cathode -UV Reactive Braided SATA Cables for Harddrive and Floppy Drive I understand that different motherboards offer different overclocking abilities so if your familiar with overclocking an Athlon xp on an ASUS a n x mobo please help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-timing-on-overclocking.234851/
Relevancy 51.6%

How do I overclock my system memory DDR to MHz I recently assembled a new system with the following memory and motherboard Patriot Viper Xtreme GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM Memory Solved: Overclocking DDR PC Desktop Memory Model PX G ELK ASUS M A -V EVO AM AMD G HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX AMD Motherboard The memory is advertised to run at MHz However the motherboard has default memory clock settings only up to MHz It is advertised to be able to quot overclock quot memory to MHz The quot installation guide quot that came with the memory isn t much help DRAM Timing Control Solved: Memory Overclocking DRAM timing is usually set in the following order tCL - tRCD - tRP - tRAS tCL Cas Latency tRCD Ras to Cas Delay or Active to CMD tRP Ras Percentage Time or Precharge to Active tRAS Row Active Time Solved: Memory Overclocking or Active to Precharge or Row Active Delay So - - - settings will translate to the following tCL tRCD tRP tRAS Click to expand There are a plethora of memory overclock settings in my BIOS How should I configure them Pics of my BIOS memory clock settings follow nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Does anyone know of a place where I can get a single 512mb stick of pc3200 or pc3500 ddr RAM for a good price (under $100)?
Thanks
X

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey folks I've been doing Old advice. Hard-drive. Seeking New System with quite a bit of reading over the past week and found some very useful information on this forum I'm getting a new system sorry no confirmed parts yet so I can't provide specs etc however I will be keeping my hard-drive I've New System with Old Hard-drive. Seeking advice. also decided based on reading that I will wipe it clean and do a fresh install of my windows bit and then re-install programs games etc I'm fine with re-doing all the personalization stuff no real need to save preferences I have a TB external so I've begun backing up media personal files and certain game files if I can find them all So here are my questions - When I get the new system all new save for hard-drive is my first step simply plug it in and put the disk in the tray and turn it on - Do I need to go straight into the BIOS and tell it launch from the disk now but launch from my hard-drive after I install I haven't got much experience with BIOS - Is the reformat option at the time of install enough to clear my hard-drive and re-install without having any issues old drivers lying about etc I understand some of these questions are pretty basic my apologies but I'd like to be sure of the process before I power down and get to work In fact I'm making a step-by-step word document to make sure everything goes smooth I'm assuming the drivers for everything will be a relatively simple process given Windows being very smart but I could be back here next week haha If you would like some possible parts that I'll be getting I can definitely state a few that I'm looking at Comments and advice are very much appreciated Cheers

A:New System with Old Hard-drive. Seeking advice.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ferenth

- When I get the new system (all new save for hard-drive), is my first step simply plug it in and put the 7 disk in the tray and turn it on?

- Do I need to go straight into the BIOS and tell it: launch from the disk now but launch from my hard-drive after I install? I haven't got much experience with BIOS.

- Is the reformat option at the time of install enough to clear my hard-drive and re-install without having any issues (old drivers lying about, etc...)?

I'm assuming the drivers for everything will be a relatively simple process given Windows 7 being very smart (but I could be back here next week haha).

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on it.

Yes, change the boot order in the bios to ensure that you boot from the DVD first. Actually, you can make a one time change in the boot order without entering the bios. I'm not sure what F key it is--maybe F8--that brings up a menu where you can choose the boot device you want for this boot only. Or just go in the bios.

Assuming you don't want to add another partition or change partition sizes, it's pretty self-explanatory once you boot from the DVD.

If you do want to fiddle with your partitions, you can do that during the install using diskpart or just wait until Windows is up and running and then do it through Windows Disk Management. I'd give some thought to partitioning--do you just want C only, or do you want C and D, etc.

During the installation process, Windows will reboot itself 2 or 3 times. Just let it do that without using your keyboard.

I'd probably disconnect all external stuff like printers or external drives before I began. If you have 2 internal hard drives, I'd suggest you disconnect the one that does not contain your C partition.

I would go to the motherboard manufacturer's web site and download the most recent drivers for your particular motherboard.

The first thing I would do after the installation completes is install chipset drivers. Then get antivirus going, establish an Internet connection, and go to Windows update and get updated. Then install your other drivers and external stuff and begin installing apps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/188997-new-system-old-hard-drive-seeking-advice.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have several "pet" programs that load on startup. I know the TOTAL system resources these programs are using. However, I would also like to know the approximate amount of system resources that are used by each INDIVIDUAL program.

I want to be able to do this without resorting to separately loading each individual program.

Do any of you know of a program that will do this? That is, I seek a program that will show the approximate amount of sytem resources being used by each program that is running at a particular time.

Aloha from Hawaii,
Bellgamin

Relevancy 51.17%

My motherboard has the following specs:

Processor: Socket 478 for Intel® Pentium®4 processors
Chipset: SiS 661FX + SiS 963L
Front Side Bus: 800 MHz / 533 MHz / 400 MHz
Memory: Single DDR266/333/DDR400x2

This means that it only supports "single channel" memory configurations? Can someone please explain this to me and how it creates a "bottleneck" issue with the FSB ?

I currently have 2 x 512MB PC2100 memory.

I want to upgrade to 2 x 512MB PC3200 memory. But I cannot have them work in dual channel correct?

My CPU is a P4 3.0ghz w/ HT 800mhz FSB, so basically thats 4 *200mhz. This works with PC3200 memory because that is 2* 200mhz correct? What multiplier/frequency settings would work for an overclock. Nothing big just maybe a 10-20% increase.

But can someone also explain what DUAL CHANNEL is - and i guess my mobo doesn't support it?

thanks

A:memory speed vs CPU FSB and overclocking questions

Having your memory in dual channel configuration gives you a greatly noticeable boost. This is because the CPU and GPU can access your memory, escpecially in large quantities, more easily; giving a noticeable increase in responsiveness and higher fps per RAM stick in gaming.

I'm sorry I can't aid you in finding whether your motherboard supports dual channel. Perhaps your motherboard manufacturing site (or Computer Manufacturer if the mobo is OEM) will have the motherboard manual which will almost certainly tell you if your computer supports dual channel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-speed-vs-cpu-fsb-and-overclocking-questions.613141/
Relevancy 51.17%

Check my specs for extra hardware info It Overclocking 920 and memory Core GSkill i7 seems as if I never can find someone that wants to run the same specs as me or if they do they don t want to overclock both at the same time I m trying to get my core i to run somewhere between and x or x while at the same time I Overclocking Core i7 920 and GSkill memory m looking to get my G Skill memory to run at MHz Getting my memory to run at MHz is easy by using the settings in the XMP profile but something is wrong somewhere because I always BSOD after about an hour So my assumption is that the XMP profile is for similar but not the same memory I have tried the info at G Skills website stating that I need to use these settings to get them to run at MHz Ai Overclock Tuner - Manual CPU Ratio Setting - Intel SpeedStep Tech - Disabled BCLK Overclocking Core i7 920 and GSkill memory Frequency - DRAM Frequency - DDR - UCLK Frequency - MHz QPI Link Data Rate - AUTO DRAM Timing Control CAS Latency - tRCD - tRP - tRAS - Command Rate - N CPU Voltage - V CPU PLL Voltage - V QPI DRAM Core Voltage - V IOH Voltage - V IOH PCIE Voltage - V ICH Voltage - V ICH PCIE Voltage - V DRAM Bus Voltage - V Load Line Calibration - DisabledClick to expand I ve also tried using N and N for Command Rate with no success If you don t already know I know nothing of how to overclock with this new architecture so I came here looking for some help If anyone could help me get my memory to run at the stated OC specs then that should be good enough But if possible I would like to OC my i at the same time Anyway thanks ahead of time King nbsp

A:Overclocking Core i7 920 and GSkill memory

Have you tried running your RAM at 1600Mhz to see if it will still BSOD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-core-i7-920-and-gskill-memory.148020/
Relevancy 50.74%

The process for creating system restore points in Win7 seems unnecessarily convoluted to me and, as a result, I don't create them as often as I should; I'd like to just click on an icon to create one. I've found some apps for doing just that, but they're all on somewhat sketchy looking sites. Can someone recommend one they've actually used without problems? Thanks.

A:Seeking program to create system restore points

Why do you think that the restore point creation is complicated. It has to fit the whole system into appr. 1GB and this is a formidable task in itself. If you want a more straight forward approach, use imaging. But I warn you - those programs use the VSS service of system restore.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/390520-seeking-program-create-system-restore-points.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi to all out there , this is my first online question( newby here). Please if there is someone out there who could give me the heads up on a cam to use on my new comp. Looking for best all round not necessarily dearest or cheapest, just the a goo middle of the road .. thanks ,,, Daddles

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-system-cam-selection.860582/
Relevancy 50.31%

Have just installed xp pro onto a freshly formatted hardrive.
The oiperating system itself works fine, but when booting up I get asked to choose my operating system and there is 2xp pro,s to choose from.
They both boot up to the same Os whichever i choose.

whats causing this and Is there a way to bypass it as it slows bootup times.

Thx

Relevancy 49.88%

My current system specs are below is getting a bit dated and frankly I m just itching to build a new computer Since the days of pentium hyperthreading socket and AGP video cards are long gone I m looking for some advice and or guides on where to look for ideas I like to play games although I wouldn t consider myself a gaming geek in that I need the latest card and processor But I do like quality I guess what I m looking for is a decent mid range system that ll make look FSX and Vista look good without breaking my bank I new Want any you'd guides recommend? good system, to build 'build' a m partial to Intel ASUS and ATI but I d really be willing to try anything as I know the market changes like the winds I m not real keen on the latest in technology for instance all I know a RAID to be is something we d Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? do in the middle of the night to the sorority houses looking for panties Any Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? ideas or general directions you can point me in would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend?

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-new-system-any-good-build-guides-youd-recommend.70046/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys. I have a question: Is it possible to overclock memory that is rated at a higher speed but is running at a lower speed on your motherboard? Ex: I have PC3200 memory in my computer. It can also run at PC2100/2700. Currently, it's running at PC2100 (the motherboard's max stock memory speed). Is it safe to overclock it to its PC2700/3200 memory speed?

A:Overclocking memory running at lower than rated speed

u would have to raise the front bus speed, you can if your cpu can handle the load

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-memory-running-at-lower-than-rated-speed.82250/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
thanks for taking time to help me.....I did a stupid mistake....
i had 2 Operating systems which were corrupt and i installed a 3rd one....
the newly installed OS is working good but in order to skip the page of operating system selection i went to advanced options in my computer and selected one of the corrupted Operating system by mistake and mentioned 0 second....now the systems restarts but goes into the corrupted one over and over again...
please help...
how can i go back to selecting operating system screen....
thanks a million

Relevancy 48.59%

My main system has encountered a problem I was mode selection safe screen System Freezes at using it as normal System Freezes at safe mode selection screen last night and all things worked as they normally would I finished up for the night and shut it down On trying to start the system today it takes me to the selection screen where you choose between the various safe mode options last know good configuration or start windows normally and the whole system hangs here i have included a small pic for illustration purposes No option I have chosen has resulted in any success Letting the timer run down to zero does not boot selecting any other option will not boot and in fact sometimes even moving between the options results in the timer dissappearing and the system hanging There appears to be no activity whatsoever once it gets to this screen the cpu activity light not sure of its exact name does not flash or indicate that the system is attempting to do anything I have looked at the BIOS to see if anything was out of the ordianary adn could see nothing unusual and i can not even boot to safe mode to check for any software issues The only software recently updated was the program my nokia mobile phone uses to interface with the system but cant attempt to undo that or a system restore until I can actually get into the system I have dealt with issues in the past and havebeen able to fix after a bit of quality google time but am at a loss with this one I have reset the RAM soundcard graphics card and have had no luck a well as disconnected all non essential USB devices I am in the process of finding where my wife stahsed the windows disk on her last cleanup rearrangement of the office to see if I can repair windows but am seeking any and all options that I may try between now and then Windows XP SP Dual core ghz CPU not sure of its actual type or the MOBO Graphics is Nvidia gt Sound card is a soundblaster xi fi Sorry i cant give to many more hardware specific details cant access anyTHing to get that info nbsp

A:System Freezes at safe mode selection screen

Do you have the Windows XP CD to hand??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-freezes-at-safe-mode-selection-screen.826750/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have been using Outpost Firewall Pro v for a while now but when I try to use an up-to-date firewall outppost or sygate I always have the same problems When I try to load or save anything after installing the newer versions using any program even basic ones like notepad I can t access the selection bar at the top of the file selection dialog The menu is there but when I click on the button the load save box freezes I know it s Outpost because when I shut it the top at selection selection the the of can't file access bar dialog down the problem stays but when I uninstall can't access the selection bar at the top of the file selection dialog it the problem goes I use and everything works fine I m not very cluey with the Outpost settings so I don t know if it s a simple setting I have turn of I don t know it s can't access the selection bar at the top of the file selection dialog a conflict or not but I have noticed it seems to start when I have both new firewalls and Alcohol installed Anyway anyhelp would be greatfully appreciated as I gather that I should upgrade for computer security reasons lol Have a nice Easter nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-the-selection-bar-at-the-top-of-the-file-selection-dialog.345992/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have been using Outpost Firewall Pro v for a while now but when I try to use an of selection dialog the at selection file the can't access the bar top up-to-date firewall outppost or sygate I always have the same problems When I try to load or save anything can't access the selection bar at the top of the file selection dialog after installing the newer versions using any program even basic ones like notepad I can t access the selection bar at the top of the file selection dialog The menu is there but when I click on the button the load save box freezes I know it s Outpost because when I shut it down the problem stays but when I uninstall it the problem goes I use and everything works fine I m not very cluey with the Outpost settings so I don t know if it s a simple setting I have turn of I don t know it s a conflict or not but I have noticed it seems to start when I have both new firewalls and Alcohol installed Anyway anyhelp would be greatfully appreciated as I gather that I should upgrade for computer security reasons lol Have a nice Easter nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-the-selection-bar-at-the-top-of-the-file-selection-dialog.345966/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a HUGE problem I have an access database I have used it im my VB project I have a table called Reps where the reps ID s are stored and I have from TextBox Populate selection with Selection Combobox a table for each rep with their corrosponding customer s names Table Reps Field Reps Table Spencer Customers Field SpencerCustomers Then in my VB form i have dragged the entire database to my form I have created a combobox where you can select the reps name from the Reps Table NOW this is where it is becoming tricky In the quot Customer quot textbox This is what i want When you have selected RepsCombobox s selected rep name i want only spencer s customers to appear in the quot customer textobx quot Populate TextBox with Selection from Combobox selection As a Combobox Make sense to anyone It would be easy to populate just one record but i want to populate it with the corrosponding rep s customer list I have gotton this far Prvate Sub CustomerTextBox TextChanged ByVal sender As System Object ByVal e As System EventArgs Handles CustomerTextBox TextChanged If RepComboBox SelectedIndex quot Spencer quot Then RawMaterialsDataSet Spencer Customers SpencerCustomersColumn CustomerNameString I dont think this is right or what i should be doing further End If and also tried this Private Sub RepComboBox SelectedIndexChanged ByVal sender As System Object ByVal e As System EventArgs Handles RepComboBox SelectedIndexChanged If RepComboBox SelectedIndex Then Now how do i tell VB to go look for the corrosponding rep s table I want to say something like Open View Get i just cant get my head around it End If Im very new to VB Any one who can assist Kind regards nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/populate-textbox-with-selection-from-combobox-selection.986035/
Relevancy 47.73%

heres my pc facts:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1800MHz 1800 MHz
Memory: 512Mb
Mainboard: ASUStek Computer INC. P4B-LA
Monitor: hp pavilion mx90
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 200 (wish i had a better graphics card)
Mouse: HID-compliant mouse
BIOS award software, Inc. 3.11
80.0mb ultra DMA hard drive

A:anyway of overclocking my system?

You can OC the processor if your motherboard has a clocking utility in the BIOS. I've got a very similar system to yours and I was able to overclock it to 2.0Ghz. I just tried 2.4Ghz tonight however and it didn't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyway-of-overclocking-my-system.202060/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone can help me with overclocking my system. i have never done it before so i dont kno anything about it. I have builded my system 3 months ago and im worry that i will void my warranties (CPU, GPU, RAM ETC)

Here is what i have put together:
MOBO: EVGA 780i Sli
CPU: Intel Q6700 2.67Ghz
RAM: OCZ 2GB 800Mhz
GPU: EVGA 9600GT (soon to be the GTX 260 in 2 weeks)
PSU: Ultra X-Pro 750Watts
HDD: 2 WD Caviar 7200 RPM (1 500GB, 1 640GB)
Chassis: NZXT Lexablackline Red (4 fans, 1 80mm, 3 120mm)
CPU FAN: Thermaltake Golden Orb II

A:Overclocking my system

well you have to watch your temps, can u post your gpu temp and cpu temp at idle please, use nvidia ntune to launch the temp monitor and use ur evga software that came with your motherboard if u have it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-my-system.733131/
Relevancy 47.73%

i just upgraded to am2 and i must say theres alot of options im not used to compared to my 939 or 754 system , for tweaking opitons that is, i know more then the basic to overclock, i ve done it lots of time, but i just need a little help figure out all these new voltage setting in the bios, i dont want to blow anything by overvolting..... my specs are

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6ghz
Asus m2n-sli deluxe
Ocz 2gb kit xtc platnuim pc6400
Sapphire Hd 3850 256mb
vx550 Corsair 41amps 12v rail
on hd sound, soon to be (sound blaster fatality x fi extreme)
36gb Raptor, Wd 80gb sataII
Samsung dvd-ram burner
winxp home sp2
Logitech x540 speakers 5.1
20" Acer Lcd widescreen
Enermax mid tower charka
custom cpu artic cooling 64
120mm back fan, 80mm front fan

A:Overclocking my new am2 system

If you've overclocked before then you should be familiar with the settings.

Try googling for guides, it will probably help you more than I could

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-my-new-am2-system.93757/
Relevancy 47.3%

Can anyone give me some tip on overclocking my system ? Also My mobo ASUS TUV4X HAS ASUS probe In the DMI Explorer It says Max speed 1200Mhz Current speed 1000MHz what I would like to know is,is that my processor max speed or mobo mazx speed? Would appreciate any suggestion & tips or links that you know of See my PC specks below

THanks Lots
ZoSo

Relevancy 47.3%

I need help. Bad. My computer keeps randomly crashing, sometimes after a few minutes after startup, sometimes after a few hours..occasionally it goes into a crash cycle and keeps repeating 7-8 times before I can get to the login screen....at this point I have to turn my comp off manually and wait a few minutes before turning it on again. But of course, that's a temporary remedy...need major help with this thing.

My graphics card is the modified 3rd-party Sapphire Radeon X800XT. I have not modified my hardware in the last year, so I can't understand that my computer could crash because of overclocking....

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should do?

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I need some help with this...whenever I play memory hog games (TESIV:Oblivion, namely), I can play the game 2-3 minutes and then it suddenly freezes and hangs there for a few seconds and then restarts my computer... I hear the motherboard voice say "System failed due to CPU overclocking"...

This started happening about 2-3 weeks ago...now, I haven't modified my computer in any way at all for the past year, so what's up with this? I don't overclock my settings, either. My graphics card is the modified 3rd-party Sapphire Radeon ATI X800XT, and I think that's overclocked right out of the box, yet it's given me no problems in the past....

Any ideas?

A:System Failed due to CPU Overclocking

Well, I do not know much about this type of problem, I did read about a similar one though here is a link to the post it was in, maybe a solution there.

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/...-overclocking.html?highlight=CPU+overclocking

I also think this post may be better suited to the Hardware forum. Oh, and either way post your system specs, may make it easier to find the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-failed-due-to-cpu-overclocking.457060/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok here s the story I just built my first computer Everything seems to be in place as far as I can tell Here s the specs -Asus A V Deluxe mobo -AMD athlon socket -geforce gt - gb western digital rpm master - gb maxtor rpm slave - mb ultra pc - mb corsair pc - watt power supply -dvd cd burner from maddog - quot lcd monitor So after building this thing I go to turn it on last night but I don t get an image on the monitor at all The mobo has a voice message system over the speakers and everytime I turn on the computer it says quot System failure due to cpu overclocking quot The problem is I ve never even gotten into the bios to overclock the darn thing so I don t understand why it s saying that Any ideas as to why I m not getting an image and it s telling me the cpu is cpu system to due failure overclocking overclocked nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey wondering if anyone can help somthing has gone wrong with my computer but im not sure what so i cant fix I have had the same setup for over a year but last week whist playing a game my computer froze i restarted but the monitor stay on orange light then i got a message saying system failure due to cpu overclocking why i reset the cmos and then i could see the screen it loaded to a screen that said bad cmos checksum and somthing about the time reset i loaded default settings then tried a few things time i start windows normally then in safe mode each times start loading into windows then keyboard and mouse light go out and monitor doesnt register or lights flash off then on and just see crazy lines on screen i tried stick then other stick of ram no difference checked everything connected cleaned all and stil nothing each time it died i have to reset cmos or take battery out to get it going any ideas sorry for long post tried to cover everything nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys just wanted to put a query for some opinions on system potential with this equipment. I am especially interested in getting overclocking opinions and pointers.
This is what I have to start.

A7N8X-E Deluxe
3 - Crucial 512mb pc2700 I got them for free
Probable Athlon xp mobile 2600
thermaltake Volcano 12 gotten dirt cheap
graphics card not really important right now as I plan to get an ati aiw 9800 pro very soon, right now have I have a geforce4 mx 440

If anyone has any tips I would like to say thank you in advance.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Firstly my specs - Athlon XP I think the FSB version A N X Deluxe motherboard MHz FSB version gb ram XFX GS graphics card Audigy sound Is worth it system? my overclocking card Recent addition Antec Truepower W And I was wondering whether people thought it was worth bothering to overclocking my system or Is it worth overclocking my system? whether I may as well just upgrade considering it s getting on quite a bit now I m currently running on the stock speeds - GHz for the CPU i m tempted to try and overclock but a I don t know if I have one of the unlocked CPUs b it is Is it worth overclocking my system? likely to decrease its value when it makes its way onto Ebay and c I have the stock heatsink and fan although if it s any help I have one of the case fans at the top of the case and the side case I don t bother having on anyway Also I stole gb worth of ram from my sister s machine as she knows nothing about PCs and definately didn t need that amount for what she does and these two mb sticks are the Swissbit brand which I can find nothing about They state PC the other is a Crucial stick Is there anything more I can do with these These two Swissbit sticks are in the two blue slots the single on is in the black one which makes me think they are running in their dual-channel mode which I know nothing really about although CPU-Z says these two Swissbit sticks are in slot and slot is this right Here are some screens from CPU-Z if it helps anyone - So yeah basically I was just wondering whether I may as well just upgrade or maybe there is something more I can do with my machine nbsp

A:Is it worth overclocking my system?

Just an update, I touched up the Ram Timings in BIOS to 120% which gave a resulting frequency of 200MHz, is this the correct setting for a ram that according to CPU-Z has a 'max bandwidth' of 200MHz, and will I see any significant boost in performance?
Also, I upped the CPU multiple thingy to 13.5, but after checking CPU-Z it still says the multiplier is at 13.0. Am I right in thinking therefore that the CPU is locked? If so, then I won't bother to try and unlock it.

Edit :

Sorry, this probably should be in the cooling forum, could a mod please move it?

AFAIK, the fact CPU-Z states I am running at 1 : 1 FSB : DRAM is a good thing. My motherboard however states it supports 400HMz, and it appears from CPU-Z that the max badwidth for the Swissbit ram is 200HMz (400MHz FSB right), so shouldn't the rated FSB in CPU-Z be higher than 334MHz? OR maybe I would need to play around with the CPU o/c settings to get to this setting? Also, the one 512mb Crucial stick is apparently rated at 166MHz, so would changing the Memory Frequency in BIOS also change this stick, possibly causing damage to it? Maybe it is best to leave the settings as they are then, as I would obviously only want to run the two Swissbit PC3200 200HMz sticks at the higher value.

Yet another update (sorry) :

I realise now that the things it says are correct, as the CPU runs at 333fsb, and therefore the ram is correctly in sync at about 333fsb as well. I was getting confused with the motherboard FSB. But seeing as my mobo supports 400MHz FSB, is it worth putting up the ram to run at 400MHz rather than 333FSB? Obviously it will therefore be out of sync with the CPU (would have been much better to have gotten the 400MHz version of the XP3000 lol) Am I likely to see any difference if I upped the ram settings?

For anyone who has made it to this stage in my thread without falling asleep, I commend you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-worth-overclocking-my-system.72580/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I just built my first system here is what I used overclocking failed to CPU due system INTEL PENTIUM GHZ MB EM T P ND -SLI-DX ASUS P ND -SLI DELUXE NF SLI F EM T Seagate Barracuda GB rpm system failed due to CPU overclocking Sapphire Radeon M DDR PCI Lite Ret LG GSA-H N X X DVD-RW BLKINTERNAL BULK Mushkin HP - DDR - x GB High Performance Series CAS - - - system failed due to CPU overclocking x MB system failed due to CPU overclocking Here is my problem When I start up my system I get a beep and quot system failed due to cpu overclocking quot Warning now system is in safe mode Please resetting CPU or memory frequency in the CMOS setup I have the option to go to BIOS or continue into windows If I continue into windows xp it boots up fine and everything works great I have never overclocked my system and wouldn t even know where to begin to do this I don t want to overclock I just want the error message gone Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Edit Delete Message nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-failed-due-to-cpu-overclocking.84545/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi

I'm currently overclocking my system via increasing the multiplier to 4.4 ghz which is great but I have heard overclocking through the FSB gives better single core performance which I need.

I decided to give it a go. I defaulted to default settings, lowered the RAM multiplier to prevent it being overclocked and began to increase the FSB. Unfortunatly increasing the FSB causes the system to not boot. What can be the cause of this?

Mrada

Gigabyte 970a-d3p
Amd fx-4300
nvidia gtx 650
nzxt h440
cooler master hyper tx3 cpu cooler
FSP raider edition 650W silver PSU

Relevancy 47.3%

I am overclocking my system and after one level it start rebooting. Now, when i boot the system Windows XP Logo shown and then restart. So, i clear the CMOS first by removing the battery and later changing the CMOS jumper pins.

All values are reset but still system restarting on default values after showing the XP logo. Please tell me what i have to do to fix this problem.

I am trying overclocking on AMD 2800+ and MSI KT4 Ultra motherboard.

Please suggest..

A:System restarting after overclocking

You've probably corrupted your Windows XP installation. Have you tried Last Known Good or Safe Mode? You may also need to boot off your Windows XP CD and run CHKDSK /R from the Recovery Console to scan and correct a corrupt file system.

The XP's 2800+ aren't the greatest overclockers and the KT4 Ultra isn't the greatest overclocking board for going beyond 333Mhz FSB's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-restarting-after-overclocking.629537/
Relevancy 47.3%

I really hope someone can help on this New build MSI H i mITX MoBo with Celeron G Socket and stick of Corsair gb DDR - memory watt PSU One gb HDD and DVD on but fine "Memory new Beeps) Error" (3 memory is build, drive both sata- When I switch on the computer all I get is long beeps No display Nothing MSI uses the AMI BIOS and according to their website quot beeps - Base K memory failure - bad memory quot Memory is fine brand new "Memory Error" on new build, but memory is fine (3 Beeps) and tested in another build I removed and reseated it to be sure Memory is in DIMM of closest to CPU There are separate Beep Codes for quot memory quot so I m wondering what quot Base K memory quot is If it were the CPU that has its own Beep code as well so I don t think it s the cpu cache I m trying to build a HTPC for Mother s Day so time is "Memory Error" on new build, but memory is fine (3 Beeps) of the essence Please help TIA nbsp

A:"Memory Error" on new build, but memory is fine (3 Beeps)

Have you tried pulling out the motherboards CMOS battery for a couple of minutes then re-installing it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-error-on-new-build-but-memory-is-fine-3-beeps.212677/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey everyone,

I just built my first computer with the following specs:

-Case: Antec Quiet P180 Black /550Watt Power Supply (Seasonic)
-Motherboard: eVGA nForce 680i SLI
-Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.40 GHz, FSB1066, 4 MB L2)
-RAM: OCZ 2GB DDR2-800 (2 x 1GB)
-Hard Drive: Raptor SATA 10,000RPM 150GB
-Video Card: EVGA GeForce 7950GT 512MB
-DVD player (Sony Blu-Ray RW)
-Floppy Drive
-Cooling: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

So far my CPU has been running at 39C, with Core 1 at 29C and Core 2 at 34C. I am also an overclocking noob, so I was hoping to get some advice on how I should overclock this PC, as well as some guidance on how to perform it.

A:Overclocking newly built system

Oh no, bad move paying for a Blu-Ray drive... Oh well. You need to get into the BIOS to overclock. Do this by pressing a certain button while the system is booting. Usually it's delete or f2 but it might be something else. Check the mobo manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-newly-built-system.70882/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I just got a intel core stepped up from Overclocking/System Life. Solved: my pentium i thought just to see if its defective or not i would overclock it slightly ive bin overclocking for around - years but i never Solved: Overclocking/System Life. knew what it did to the life span of a system i Solved: Overclocking/System Life. d like my system to last around - years so what i wanted to Solved: Overclocking/System Life. know is how much faster will it die if i keep it overclocked Also my dmark score is up from to so i d really like to keep this and crysis warhead runs from - fps so yeah it works good my whole system is overclocked ram from mhz to mhz cpu is from ghz to ghz volts are from to v sooo how will this effect everything I have uploaded a picture with all my volts temps oh and my max load my cpu runs at C and my graphics after hr of crysis warhead runs at C so any help or insight would be very helpful thanks also could you vote on my poll thanks i welcome anyones oppinion But by all means post a comment - nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Can anyone give me any advice on what parts I should buy to get good results from tweaking and overclocking my 1st home built system? I know I should invest in a good case and fan for cooling and have heard the p4 1.6ghz is great for overclocking, but that is about all the information I have. Please if you have any advice or information on tweaks to perform and/or equipment to buy let me know. When I am done the system will be used mostly for gaming and I hope to see a big difference in performance after I get done tweaking and overclocking then when it was originally made.

Thanks!!!

Relevancy 46.01%

to me ram has always been pritty much ram but

i see it alot more lately out here then ever so i was woundering whats the deal with Unbuffered

System Memory and Registered System Memory which one is better also does registerd have any

compatibilltiy problems with alot of systems or is it pritty much just the same stuff?

A:Unbuffered System Memory vs Registered System Memory

TheBlob said:

to me ram has always been pritty much ram but

i see it alot more lately out here then ever so i was woundering whats the deal with Unbuffered

System Memory and Registered System Memory which one is better also does registerd have any

compatibilltiy problems with alot of systems or is it pritty much just the same stuff?Click to expand...

Hi TheBlob,

All of your questions can be answered here: http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/dram_memory.asp

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unbuffered-system-memory-vs-registered-system-memory.395446/
Relevancy 46.01%

First and foremost I am a hardware newbie and think I amp ve made a terrible mistake I have a new AMD processor and an ECS GeForce SM-M mobo I amp ve read about the overclocking abilities of the and thought it was a simple as going into the BIOS and changing the CPU frequency I changed it from to I read people going as high as and rebooted Got an error that my computer would be launched in safe mode and that I needed to go into BIOS and make some corrections After doing this several times boot Overclocking wont system woes...AMD I am back to the original but I am still getting serious errors Now I am getting an error stating Overclocking woes...AMD system wont boot amp verifying DMI pool data amp It then proceeds to amp starting acronis loader amp I was using acronis Overclocking woes...AMD system wont boot disk director to have multiple operating systems Then is says amp No commands for booting operating system Press enter to reboot amp I first tried loading amp fail safe defaults amp in BIOS then trying clearing my CMOS using the jumper pins Still getting this error I pulled the SATA cable from my only HD a Maxtor gb and I could boot from my Win XP installation CD I think this atleast means I didn amp t trash my new CPU and MOBO What amp s wrong with my HD As I type this I am doing the hard drive test as described in this post http forums techguy org hardware -cant-get-past-bios-screen html Any help is appreciated edit to add Jefn over at http forum abit-usa com fixed my problem as follows Hi upandcoming - Boot with your Windows XP CD At the first prompt enter quot R quot to go into the Recovery Console Once there you ll be presented with a DOS-like screen in your Windows directory From there type quot Fixmbr quot to fix the Master Boot Record on your hard drive If you also trashed the hidden boot files on your system disk type quot Fixboot quot to fix them as well Remove your XP CD and manually reboot your computer press the Reset button I ve never done this from a system with a SATA system disk so you may have difficulty with the Recovery Console recognising the hard disk in the first place but if you get to the Windows prompt you should be able to proceed Jef nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-woes-amd-system-wont-boot.561663/
Relevancy 46.01%

Just going to break down and be a noob here. Have never overclocked, can swap parts and deal a bit with bios. Im not the "omfg were is the power button" kinda guy.Just not a great tech either. So here is my question ..should i overclock my ram, vid card or cpu or all of the above with this system? And doe's anyone know right off what my "safe" limits might be close to?

system.
AMD Athlon 64x2 4000+ "brisbane"
Motherboard - AsRock NF5SLI-1394
chipset -Nvidia Nforce4
Vid. Card -Nvidia GeForce 8400GS
Ram-Kingston DDR2 PC-5300 (333mhz) 512x4

Current running
cpu 1.264v both cores hanging around 30c
memory is 4.4.4 and i beleave 1.8v

A:General noob? About overclocking AMD 64x2 system

4000+ is already pretty quick, you could try and up to 3.3 - 3.5 as temperatures allow.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/general-noob-about-overclocking-amd-64x2-system.150850/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all I am having a strange problem while overclocking my GPU My system Specs are Pentium D Ghz GB SATA SEAGATE Harddrive nVidia FX MB AGP card Settings Overclocking After restarting lost my are !!! GPU system, - No fan on it MB DDR Mhz RAM nVidia provide After restarting my system, GPU Overclocking Settings are lost !!! applications to overclock their cards in their installation disk I have installed that application and now I can see Overclocking menu in Advanced Display Settings The guide provided with the software says to manually increase the settings slowly and and test it And gradually increase but it has another option somewhat like Auto-detect when I click it it detects the best settings for my PC I have checked the performance by a benchmarking tool and yes the performance in graphics rendering increases much Then I run a Video Card Stability test tool and stress it for - hours It runs smoothly I save the settings Till now everything is fine Now but when I restart my comp those settings are lost and I need to redetect and save to get better performance So any method to make those settings permanent Thanks in advance REgards TheHacker nbsp

A:After restarting my system, GPU Overclocking Settings are lost !!!

Got it........This problem is solved.......
But now, after overclock my monitor has started flickering a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-restarting-my-system-gpu-overclocking-settings-are-lost.96916/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am really new to overclocking, and my first attempt my have fried my system. I went to the Bios and set my system to overclock to... I don't remember the speed, but when I hit save and exit the system never booted the OS it just blanked the screen. I let it sit for a while and nothing happened. I reset it in hopes to get back to the BIOS but after turning it on the BIOS wont even boot. The screen never turns on but the comp sounds like its running fine. Anyone know what the issue is? Or know how to do a hard reset to clear the changes I made to the BIOS?

A:Problems overclocking, system won't boot BIOS

Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for a few minutes, reinstall it and start the PC. That should return the BIOS to default settings. Keep in mind that if you have SATA drives and the BIOS was set to SATA, AHCI or RAID, be sure to reset it to that or you could have trouble starting Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-overclocking-system-wont-boot-bios.173410/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so here goes:

I'm planning on building a new computer. (so please go easy first time adventure)
I will be using a GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
and considering ram memory G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

When going to the G.Skill Manufacture page it specifies intel MO's but does not include the Gigabyte AMD compatible MB's. Can anyone shed light on this as I'm thinking the memory should be compatible but am not completely sure. Can you tell me if the listed ram memory will work on my AMD configuration?

A:How does one know which memory is compatible with new build?

Looks like the board will support the G.Skill PC2-8500 RAM...

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2800

...or any 1066Mhz memory modules for that matter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-does-one-know-which-memory-is-compatible-with-new-build.116620/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi All I have installed some kingston KHX AD K CL - - - I changed the CL in the BIOS to ran memtest and hit problems I need to dig deeper So as i understand it the memory needs CL done rRCD tRP tRAS Command Rate So I dive back into my BIOS and apart from on build new memory problems CL amp tRCD I cant match any of them up I have CAS latency I set to RAS to CAS r w delay I set to this is tRCD i think ROW precharge time defaults to Minimum RAS active time defaults to T T command timing defaults to TwTr command delay defaults to Trfc for dim defaults to ns Trfc for dim defaults to ns Trfc for dim defaults to ns Trfc for dim defaults to ns Write recovery time defaults to Precharge time defaults to Row cycle time defaults to RAS to RAS memory problems on new build delay defaults to Can anyone tell me where to put tRP tRAS Command Rate Cheers Lentil nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I plan on using a Gigabyte GA-P C-DS R motherboard with new me for build... Help memory my pick a Q processor and an eVGA GTX The motherboard is perfect for me because it supports DDR lots of performance and the P chipset I don t need the second PCIe Help me pick memory for my new build... slot because I don t plan on dual cars ever I picked the processor because its probably going to last me the longest and be the best I can get for a while and the same with the graphics card I need opinions on memory now Should I get gigs of - - - DDR memory kits http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E or should I Help me pick memory for my new build... get gigs of - - - DDR memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E or perhaps I Help me pick memory for my new build... should look into DDR memory now I m looking to spend no more then max on memory and I know I need at least gigs This machine will be used for lots of gaming mainly MMO s As far as OCing goes I ll probably end up doing a mild OC but nothing too extreme I m afraid to fry my big investment nbsp

A:Help me pick memory for my new build...

start with reading the guides:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65114.html

noobs shouldn't even consider overclocking. You can really fry components and waste money and time if you don't know what you're doing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-pick-memory-for-my-new-build.83244/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
I'm thinking of upgrading the memory in my Gigabyte Mobo : GA-M61P-S3 from 4 x 1 gb dual channel DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
If I upgrade, I'd get 2 x 2 gb of the same speed(to replace 2 of the 1 gb sticks), but I believe I'd no longer be in dual channel mode if the new memory doesnt have that feature correct?

So what's faster, 4 gig of dual channel memory or 6 gb of total memory single channel?

edit: I found another pair of dual channel 2 gb x 2 so...if I have 2 x 1gb dual channel and 2 x 2 gb dual channel I should retain dual channel mode correct?

A:Which memory build would be faster?

You can get answers to this in your other thread. Try not to make duplicate threads for the same question. I am going to ask a Mod to close this duplicate. please continue this here: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1101043-upgrade-vid-card-memory-first.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-memory-build-would-be-faster.1101038/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a new build that I am in the middle of doing. I have installed every component and fired up the system. Once I reformatted the HD and began to install windows I left for a few minutes and came back to pc that was off. When I started it up again I was brought to the choose a mode to run in. From there I was given a black screen with white text that stated the following.

Incuffcient Memory to Intialize Windows.

Quit one or more memory-resident programs or remove utilities from your CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT files and restart your computer.

Press any key to continue

In my BIOS is reconize and says that my memory is usable.

Please help.

PC:

ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe WifI
AMD Anthlon 6000 X2
OCZ Platinum 1024 x2 PC6400 800mHz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-issue-with-new-build.581599/
Relevancy 45.58%

x Ultimate Full Retail weeks since full format Hardware is about months old I upgraded board memory cpu and started getting these dumps new Dumps build. after Memory and just can't figure out where they are coming from Asus P H MLX i gb G Skill Sniper Series Also upgraded GTX SE video card but without any Dumps had it about a month before the other parts were installed but it has started driver crashing alot as of late Bugcheck Analysis WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR A fatal hardware error has occurred Parameter identifies the type of error source that reported the error Parameter holds the address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure that describes the error conditon Arguments Arg Machine Check Exception Memory Dumps after new build. Arg fffffa f Address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure Arg b High order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Arg Low order -bits of the Memory Dumps after new build. MCi STATUS value Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME svchost exe CURRENT IRQL f Memory Dumps after new build. STACK TEXT x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME hardware IMAGE NAME hardware DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE Followup MachineOwner

A:Memory Dumps after new build.

No DMP files included. Please tr this method.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207310-memory-dumps-after-new-build.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey how are you I searched the forums trying to find a similar problem but I Physical Odd Memory Build-Up couldn't If this has been answered before let me know Problem - When I use an application whether it be Photoshop Spotify Google Chrome it initially uses the right amount of memory required for it But once I start doing tasks it starts requiring a SIGNIFICANT Odd Physical Memory Build-Up amount more And it only builds up it never reallocates the memory I'm letting Spotify sit right now without touching it and by letting it stream the song - it has gone from taking k memory to k - growing about kb a second Photoshop was using a whopping gigs with only a x dpi image with layers Things are running increasingly slower until it reaches the program's memory limitation and it idles out at the slowness rate Now I have used System Mechanic to defrag the memory - This put everything back at the level they should be But it goes right back to where it was within a few minutes When I did defrag the programs responded much quicker but within a few clicks returned back to sluggish behavior Some Background Information I have done a fresh installation of Windows I previously had a BSOD x f after using System Mechanic to defrag the computers registry Never was a problem doing that in the past but this time it was I stay away from using that now Sometimes the operating system does not load now and will hang at the underscore until it finds a different device to boot I have a feeling my hard drive is failing My motherboard looks awfully hot and I have cleaned the dust out of this but not sure if it has done enough Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit CPU Intel Core i QM GHz C Clarksfield nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Dell Inc J P U E C Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x Hz MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD Dell Hard Drives GB TOSHIBA MK GSY ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives TSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-T C ATA Device Audio IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Thanks in advance I really do appreciate it

A:Odd Physical Memory Build-Up

Hi

Your system configuration is pretty good to run this programs without issues. This types of issues can be happen if pagefile setup is not configured correctly.

Make sure enough free space in C drive and also make sure "Page file" setting is configured to "System managed size" .

Open System by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clickingSystem. (Or right Click on "Computer" icon in Desktop and select "properties")

In the left pane, click Advanced system settings.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.

Click the Advanced tab, and then, under Virtual memory, click Change.

Make sure to tick mark the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.

If that didn't helped you, please post a snapshot of your system using speccy by following the below guide.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323892/publish-a-snapshot-using-speccy/

Don't paste the output of Speccy, just copy the web link it provides.

Please download MiniToolBox, http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/ Save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark only the following boxes:

•List last 10 Event Viewer log
•List Installed Programs
•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
•List Minidump Files

Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493435/odd-physical-memory-build-up/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi All New PC build Ran ok for about -weeks then started getting odd BSOD on startup just after windows logo Have had a BSOD New build, Various it memory on else is something the PC or couple of others one just after login and one while using Excel I 'think' it's duff or incompatible memory x Gb DDR sticks have tried tweeking mem timings in BIOS and have recently tried just one stick at a time but no luck The machine can run for days ok and then it will just BSOD gerrrr No damage occures and machine 'Always' re-boots just fine I have upgraded from a lowly G Navida card to an GTX Removes and re-install ALL navida drivers and software MOBO has latest Firmware Bios and driver updates So before I rush out and swap memory Dumps attached And 'Speccy' text file of system config Have tried to run SF Diag tool with no luck will try again and post if I get it to work Any help apreciated Regards Steve

A:Various BSOD on New PC build, is it the memory or something else

Welcome to SevenForums.

BHDrvx64.sys = Symantec Heuristics Driver.

Symantec/Norton seems to be contributing in your BSOD-s and is often a cause of BSOD-s itself. Consider uninstalling it with the Norton Removal Tool and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials at least to test.Norton Removal Tool
Recommended antivirus program for Windows 7 based on stability compared to others:-
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Microsoft Security Essentials Download | Free Spyware Protection
Malwarebytes - The Free version
Good and Free system security combination.
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Please submit the full report following http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html so that we can do a little more than basic checking the dumps.

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264389-various-bsod-new-pc-build-memory-something-else.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am in the process of building 2 new PC's and got a quick question. Will PC 5800 DDR2 1066MHz memory work on the

ASUS M3N78-EMH HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

with this processor

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ 2.8GHz Socket AM2 65W Processor

I know the motherboard will handle the memory I'm just not sure it will work with the processor. I have been reading some different articles and it looks like memory is only for the AMD phenom AM2+ processors.

Anyone have experience with this??

A:Solved: Memory on a new build

Here is the QVL memory from the Asus site for that board;

http://www.asus.com/999/download/products/2082/2082_10.pdf

Here is a list of processors supported by that board;

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=M3N78-EMH HDMI

If you use memory listed on the QVL list and a processor listed as supported everything should work.

Other memory may or may not work with your board choice, however if you use memory from the QVL list it has been proved to be compatible with the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-memory-on-a-new-build.725532/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a program I wrote in Visual Basic that copies a file from one directory into another directory at a prescribed interval. The Visual Basic programs uses the ShellFileCopy API function
ShellFileCopy Visual Basic 6 API Function
FreeVBCode code snippet: Copy Files Using the Shell API
99% of the time, the program works fine.
However occasionally, I get a Windows error that pop's up that says
"File is too large for the destination file system"
This is extremely baffling as the size of the file that is being copied is under 1MB.

Does anyone have any idea to what would be triggering this error in Windows 7?
Thanks

A:seeking fix for “File is too large for destination file system” erro

Why are you using ShellFileCopy()? I'm asking because I used it in some programs but it was a long time ago. For your purpose can't you just use FileCopy()?

If I remember, I used Shell copy because it provided a progress dialog. If the files are that small that won't come into play. Or is the small file just because you are testing?

Edit:

Ok, I think I may see the problem. The wrapper function uses Strings as source and destination. If you read the MSDN entry for SHFILEOPSTRUCT the source and destination strings must have a double null terminator. If not, the function will just keep reading memory getting the source or destination name until it finds a double zero.

You need to make a string compatible with LPCTSTR type that has a double zero a the end.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201241-seeking-fix-file-too-large-destination-file-system-erro.html
Relevancy 45.15%

A Basic Guide to Overclocking Before we begin there are some things you need to understand There is NO safe overclocking All overclocking involves some degree of risk There is no guarantee of an overclock Just because someone else was able to OC the same cpu as you have to gig is NO guarantee you will be able to achieve the same overclock No overclock is worth anything unless it is a stable overclock If it is not prime stable it is NOT a stable overclock Do not ask how much you can overclock your XXX cpu There is no answer to this until you test in a systematic manner It is like asking how long is a rope You do not know until you measure it Do not ask about overclocking your dell hp gateway compaq or other big box system It is not going to happen Just about ALL big box systems come with a bios that does not have overclocking options Chuck amp s rule Do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace If you are comfortable with the above we can Overclocking posting Basic Questions Overclocking. Read to before A Guide continue to attempt a stable OC of your system The very first thing I would like you to do is read your manual Become familiar with the bios menus and where settings are located Each bios and even each bios revision can differ as to where settings are located Giving you detailed instructions on where to find a given setting is just about impossible Next issue the quality of your parts A stable OC is highly dependent on the quality of your parts Do not buy an ECS motherboard cheap ram or an allied power supply and expect to OC your system Buying cheap low quality parts and expecting to overclock the system is like buying a Yugo and expecting it to run like A Basic Guide to Overclocking. Read before posting Overclocking Questions a Cadillac There are two ways to overclock your system Raising the cpu multiplier Works only on cpus that have unlocked multipliers Raising the FSB front side bus Raising the multiplier will up the cpu speed and leave the rest of the system running at stock speed Raising the FSB will up the cpu speed as well as the ram speed the ability of the bus to transfer data etc ie just about everything in your system You will need to decide on which method or combination of methods you want to use For my own system I run a stock multiplier and have increased the FSB to achieve a stable OC of gig on an AMD To overclock with an unlocked multiplier find the bios setting for your cpu multiplier and adjust it up one As an example if you have a gig cpu and your multiplier is FSB up it to Save settings and restart This gives you a gig cpu Now we need to check the stability I use prime for stability tests There are other apps as well you can use AMD Overdrive for AMD systems or you can use OCCT Over Clock Checking Tool In addition have some type of temperature monitoring software Most motherboard makers have some type of monitoring software ie asus probe gigabyte easytune etc I have always liked Hardware Monitor ie HWMonitor for checking temps Start both prime and your temp monitor With prime choose the cpu torture test Let it run for at least minutes If it is stable with no errors AND your temps are within limits you can restart and again enter the bios Up the multiplier again and repeat the test When you find an error you can either back-off to a known stable OC or you can up your vcore cpu voltage and repeat the stability test If it fails after upping vcore you can also adjust the chipset voltage high end motherboards only I always recommend that when adjusting either chipset or cpu voltage go up the minimum amount that you can and test Do understand that upping the vcore or chipset voltage carries a very real risk of damaging the cpu or motherboard Once you find a stable setting for your OC I like to run prime for a longer time Something like hr or longer seems to work fine for me If it runs prime for an hour without errors I would consider it a stable OC This concludes the first method of overclock... Read more

A:A Basic Guide to Overclocking. Read before posting Overclocking Questions

Also note that they must have significant cooling/air flow for a significant overclock.
And I think you made the message twice? I read the second half and it's exactly the same as the first half.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-basic-guide-to-overclocking-read-before-posting-overclocking-questions.888033/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi there. Recently I built my first gaming PC and I have started having occasional BSOD's when gaming. Here are my specs.

RAM = Crucilal Ballistix 8GB kit 1600 2 x 4GB
GPU = Sapphire HD 7970
CPU = intel i5 4670k
Motherboard = Asus Z87 A
HDD = Western Digital Blue 1TB
SSD = Samsung Evo 120GB
CPU Cooler = Hyper 212 EVO Processor Cooler
PSU = Corsair CX750M
Optical Drive = LiteOn IHOS104 4x BD-ROM SATA Blu-Ray

The errors that appear when my PC restarts are to do with memory dumping and I have no idea how to fix this. Any advice would be great, I cant play any game for long without it happening and its ruining my gaming experience.

I have uploaded my dump files and system info below.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

This problem has been driving me crazy for some time now and I can't find any solutions anywhere.

It is a new build and it runs fine with 2Gb of memory installed, but as soon as i insert a second memory stick it goes through BIOS and 2-5 seconds of the Windows Logo before a bluescreen flashes by and the screen goes black.
It will reboot and perform a Windows repair but with the same result.

Same thing happens if I install my graphics card.

Any help would be highly appreciated, since running on 2Gb of memory and on-board graphics isn't my plan

Regards,
Lamox

A:New build, BSOD when installing more than 2Gb of memory

Welcome
Your post, itself, hints at the problem as do your reports

Run for 8 passes.
Then test each stick in a good slot for 6 passes.
If you have dual channel, the results may be incorrect, if shows pass.
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248469-new-build-bsod-when-installing-more-than-2gb-memory.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I assembled a new computer and all things went well until I started stress testing.
I have only Win2K loaded along with all the necessary drivers.
I ran two instances of Prime 95 with 100% cpu utilization. That test went well.
It ran at ~41C steady after 5 hours.
But when I did memtest86.....one of the memory sticks threw an error.
I've RMA'd them.

My question is, since I loaded the OS using that bad memory stick, should I do a reinstall of win2k?

A:Reinstall question on new build with bad memory

Stoner said:

My question is, since I loaded the OS using that bad memory stick, should I do a reinstall of win2k?Click to expand...

Not unless you are having problems with the system . . did it have errors during the install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reinstall-question-on-new-build-with-bad-memory.568029/
Relevancy 45.15%

Only my second post apologies if wrong section Recently rebuilt a Windows based 'server' backup storage facility using a brand new AMD FX- Gigabyte GA- A-DS P and Corsair XMS x Gb Mhz Problem came when motherboard build faulty CPU on ? Memory, new or I tried to install Windows Unit kept freezing just after the small dots start the circle Tried swapping them around tried putting them in the other slots always led to install freezing Then tried removing one of the sticks so I was running on a single Gb stick and Windows install suddenly ran with no problems Once Win was installed Memory, motherboard or CPU faulty on new build ? and running I tried swapping the 'good' stick for the 'faulty' stick Not surprisingly Win froze just after the dots start to circle At this point I was thinking quot ok dodgy stick of ram need to send it back quot I then decided to run Memtest just to find out what the fault was Ran Memtest on the 'good' stick so i would know what to look for Swapped the sticks over and ran Memtest on the 'faulty' stick I got exactly the same 'pass' result as the 'good' stick I then put both sticks in again and ran Memtest a third time Both sticks passed all the tests I will mention at this point that I tried also running my Macrium Reflect Recovery Disk which is based on WinPE and that also froze I then decided to try the Corsair XMS x Gb sticks I had in another unit Not surprisingly stick and Windows booted but with both sticks Windows froze I am now thinking motherboard is also faulty I then tried my new sticks in the other machine and got the same result 'good' stick Windows runs 'faulty' stick or both sticks and Windows freezes Suggests faulty ram stick but if it's faulty why is Memtest passing it when windows can't even boot I don't want to send the memory back for a replacement only to find out the motherboard is also faulty but I don't want to send both back if nothing is wrong with the motherboard Does anyone know of any other testing software or other things I can try which will help me narrow down what is faulty or do I just send all components back on the basis all of them are faulty

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69482-memory-motherboard-cpu-faulty-new-build.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi , just wondering , I have a 4GB laptop (dell inspiron n5010) with i3 350 processor and 500 GB HD ... lately I wanted to play the most recent GTA and what happened ? well the game booted but barely have i gone out of the first corner the whole background disappeared ... I went to my graphics settings and it says Generic PnP Monitor and Intel(R) HD Graphics
-Chip type Intel HD
-Dac type Internal
-Bios info : Intel Video BIOS
-Total Available graphics memory 1696 MB
-Dedicated Video Memory 64MB
-System Video memory 0MB
-shared system memory 1632MB

Is there any way to increase the Video memory on my laptop ?
I will add to it that in the Bios itself there are no options available for me to even lower it they are all kind of @[email protected]
I have been trying everything even updates from intel etc but not helping...

A:How to increase video memory in a shared memory system (Dell Inspiron n5010)

All you can do is max out your system memory, if it isn't maxed already. There might be an option in the laptops bios to increase the shared video memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-increase-video-memory-in-a-shared-memory-system-dell-inspiron-n5010.166711/
Relevancy 44.72%

Is there a way to swap these values? default windows 8 drivers has 256 shared system memory but 0 dedicated video memory but after installing sis mirage 3+ drivers dedicated video memory has gone up to 256mb and shared system memory has gone low to 64mb. Editing sis drivers maybe? but how?

A:Swap Shared System Memory and Dedicated Video Memory values possible?

Shared memory is changed in the bios. Find the button to go into the bios and go under advanced or graphics, then look for video memory.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/8253-swap-shared-system-memory-dedicated-video-memory-values-possible.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i m quot the new guy at the office quot my workplace PC is a pile of junk-- a Dell OptiPlex GX we tried upgrading the RIMM RAM rambus memory but the chips that i ordered under the advice of the Runtime Computer Corp www runtimecc com did NOT work so i had to return that extraordinarily expensive RAM would you believe they re going to charge a restocking fee even after i of system sans Seeking monitor "out box" new went by THEIR advice to order the chips the whole thing has been a huge inconvenience so far yesterday it actually took photoshop approximately whole minutes to save a PNG file imagine how long it takes to work on a project-- trying new filters etc-- it Seeking new "out of box" system sans monitor s completely Seeking new "out of box" system sans monitor ridiculous so i convinced my manager to buy a new system for me but he s not going to let me build one i wanted to go to a place like www newegg com and select the best components Seeking new "out of box" system sans monitor but that s not going to be an option can anyone here recommend a place to shop for an quot out of the box quot type system i d rather stay away from Dell HP or any of those cosmetically charming sales pitch systems i just need something fast-- really fast for video editing don t need any bells and whistles like DVD-R s high-end sound cards etc although a nice vid card might help w color definition i appreciate any advice on the subject thanks nbsp

A:Seeking new "out of box" system sans monitor

www.cpusolutions.com , www.tigerdirect.com, www.monarchcomputer.com .

That should give ya some options for prebuilt computers.

Dell is actually not a bad place to go for business computers, they offer good warranties which help in the event of system failure. They have good professional-quality machines too, of course theres the brand-name price

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-new-out-of-box-system-sans-monitor.369962/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I am helping my parents troubleshoot their trojan extreme causing slowness leak usage. or system Memory high memory and computers My feeling Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. is that they are both infected with the same virus trojan but I can find it or figure out what is going on The each have identical laptops and both are experience identical problems Both are running Avast and both systems are not turning up any discovered viruses or trojans during scans I am on the verge of completely refronting both of their laptops and am really hoping I can avoid having to do that I suspected that maybe they were both infected with poweliks but the below FRST shows at least Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. I think so that neither are infected with that trojan I am now thinking its a memory leak on some recent driver app update - but either trojan or memory leak I am not finding it Symptoms After a clean reboot within to hours both systems begin to get very sluggish both audio and video starts to skip and lag both mice bounce around like crazy when trying to move the pointer After about hours the laptops simply freeze to the point that they have to pull the Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. batteries to get them to shut off I had my Dad run FRST on his computer below are the results FRST Scan results FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Preston administrator on PRESTON-HP on - - Running from C Users Preston Favorites Downloads Loaded Profiles Preston Available profiles Preston Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved C Windows agent x exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass TrueSuiteService exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkManager exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUserAgent exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe Carbonite Inc www carbonite com C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteService exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x HP Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System LogonUI exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass TouchControl exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUI exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass BioMonitor exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Express Tray ExpressTray exe Team Corporation C Program Files x Team Corporation Sync Sync exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewle... Read more

A:Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. 
start

CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt1] -> {FB314ED9-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt2] -> {FB314EDA-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt3] -> {FB314EDB-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt4] -> {FB314EDC-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
CHR HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar =https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
URLSearchHook: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 - (No Name) - {D8278076-BC68-4484-9233-6E7F1628B56C} - No File
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL =http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {5B9BE58A-18FA-42E0-AE99-3A195251151F} URL = http://asksearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&src=kw&tb=WBV6&itbv=11.8.1.739&o=APN10787&locale=en_US&apn_uid=8A1A7B7D-8047-4141-B4B5-C82410EDB840&apn_ptnrs=^AVT&apn_dtid=^YYYYYY^YY^US&apn_dbr=ff_21.0&doi=2013-06-07&q={searchTerms}&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL = http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576055/memory-leak-or-trojan-causing-extreme-system-slowness-and-high-memory-usage/
Relevancy 44.72%

Does the motherboard of the Revo Build (M1-601) require DDR3L or is it back compatible with DDR3?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Revo Build Motherboard Memory Compaitibilty

The Acer memory spec for that model is DDR3L only.  The Intel supported memory spec for the CPU for that model is DDR3L only.  Therefore you should use DDR3L only.  DDR3L SODIMM 1600 MHz

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Revo-Build-Motherboard-Memory-Compaitibilty/td-p/397135
Relevancy 44.72%

So I built a new computer all components in my sig For those of you not interested in with build. MEMORY MANAGEMENT PFN_LIST_ERROR, BSOD new reading the sig here is an abbreviated version Biostar k K Corsaid GB DDR MSI GTX Intel GB SSD I thought things were going ok but then I began getting BSOD's I have been getting several different ones I forget which order they came but I've been getting the PFN LIST ERROR message and MEMORY MANAGEMENT errors I ram memtest and Windows Memory Tool and neither found any issues The most recurring error I am getting is returning this message when I boot up windows I already bought new RAM and it's on the way incase it IS a RAM issue Quote Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FB BCP FFFFF DD BCP FFFFF DCCB BCP FFFFF C OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Max AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is PFN_LIST_ERROR, MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD with new build. not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I have attached the Seven Forums info I tried to look at it myself but got an error with the Tool Kit program Any help would be appreciated I downloaded the latest PFN_LIST_ERROR, MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD with new build. drivers as well

A:PFN_LIST_ERROR, MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD with new build.

Can you uninstall Agnitum Ltd Outpost Security Completely and install Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Just while we find out why we are getting BSODs , there is a lot of memory corruption maybe this is causing it

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248588-pfn_list_error-memory-management-bsod-new-build.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey guys wondering if anyone could help me with this I upgraded my old rig a few days ago 1866Mhz new Running Memory build on 1333Mhz @ everything went fine Apart from my SSD being DOA The only problem is my shiny new RAM shows in the BIOS as running at mhz when it should be running at mhz I ve tried setting this to be in the BIOS but it only results in being unable to fully load windows up before it BSOD s with PFN LIST CORRUPT or MEMORY MANAGEMENT I ve checked compatibility for my mobo processor memory and it all checks out and I haven t overclocked anything 1866Mhz Memory Running @ 1333Mhz on new build or changed anything major around Does anyone know a way I can get it running at stably My specs Tech Support Guy System 1866Mhz Memory Running @ 1333Mhz on new build Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD FX tm - 1866Mhz Memory Running @ 1333Mhz on new build Eight-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping ghz Processor Count RAM Mb DDR Corsair CMZ GX M A C B x gb Slot amp as advised by the Motherboard manual Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Asus M A R Antivirus MSE Thanks Andrew nbsp

A:1866Mhz Memory Running @ 1333Mhz on new build

I have 1600mhz ram in my computer--- it also runs at 1333mhz---
that is because to get it to run at 1600 i have to tell my ASUS UEFI bios to okay overclocking
and change my memory (in bios) from AUTO to XMP---
i didn't plan on over-clocking so I didn't get the K model of Intel CPU---
Corsair showed my 1600mhz ram without overclocking---
which I found out is a lie

I'm good with 1333mhz because I don't want to over clock my CPU since I didn't buy the K model

OH WELL--live & Learn--

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1866mhz-memory-running-1333mhz-on-new-build.1077271/
Relevancy 44.72%

Does the motherboard of the Revo Build (M1-601) require DDR3L or is it back compatible with DDR3?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Revo Build Motherboard Memory Compaitibilty

The Acer memory spec for that model is DDR3L only.  The Intel supported memory spec for the CPU for that model is DDR3L only.  Therefore you should use DDR3L only.  DDR3L SODIMM 1600 MHz

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Revo-Build-Motherboard-Memory-Compaitibilty/td-p/397135/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello!

This is a new custom build. I have had several BSOD errors however the only one I can remember coming up more the once is one that named "memory mangment." I included a quick pic of the failed mem test with the test not showing which channel is bad. I hope with the uploaded zipfile and the pic it is enough information. Let me know if I missed something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

(link to pic of memtest)
http://s615.photobucket.com/user/greenthingsjump/media/IMG_20130719_090605.jpg.html

Joshua

A:BSOD, Custom Build, Memory Mangment

Hi Jouhua ....

Is it the image that you wanted to upload? I have scaled it down.
Attachment 277189

The image indicates that memtest detected a RAM failure. A lot of failures in the pass one only.

Now it is your time to follow the Part 3: If You Have Errors: of How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
First run it with all the existing/installed RAM modules. If it comes with no error, all is good.

But if it starts showing errors (as in your case), Stop testing. Errors/red lines means one or more RAM is faulty. But the fault may occur due to a faulty DIMM slot, too, which is a motherboard component. Using memtest86+, you can discriminate between a faulty RAM and a faulty motherboard.

How? Say you have two RAM sticks and two DIMM slots. You obtained errors at the test with all RAM sticks installed. Now, remove all the sticks but one. Test it in all the available slots, one by one. Continue the same procedure for all the available sticks.
How to make the inference that is it a RAM issue or it is a motherboard issue? Suppose you have got the result like that:
testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorErrorRAM2GoodGood It is a RAM, a bad RAM.

But if you have got a result like that:
testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorGoodRAM2ErrorGood It is a motherboard issue. The particular slot is bad.

Let us know the results.

** I haven't checked the dumps as nothing should be done here before deciding about the failing RAM.

If there are even more problem after doing the aforesaid suggestion, let us know

Edit: The crash dumps showed some graphics error too. The ATI display driver is not the latest one.
After completing the memory issue, uninstall the display drive using AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility. Then update your ATI/AMD display driver to the latest WHQL.
You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297893-bsod-custom-build-memory-mangment.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hello
anyone no why this build is using so much memory?
i have 4gb and it seems to be using 97% of it with
nothing else installed but the os and drivers.

i tryed installing avast! Antivirus but after the
reboot the system moves so slow i had to uninstall
it.didn't have no trouble with the last 3 builds.
any help please...
scrooge

A:windows 7 build 7000 memory trouble

In Task Manager click on Show Processes for all Users to see if you can find what is using the memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/1121-windows-7-build-7000-memory-trouble.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey there I just built my first machine on Monday of this week It worked fine for a few days then all of a sudden BSODs that are becoming more and more frequent Sometimes they say they are Physical Memory post and sometimes Memory Management Here s the specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T New Issue? BSOD - Build Solved: Memory Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A T-E Rev xx Antivirus Norton Solved: New Build - BSOD Memory Issue? Internet Solved: New Build - BSOD Memory Issue? Security Updated and Enabled As I said when filling out my registration I know enough to be dangerous I ve done some searching thoughout the forums and have seen similar issues but not actual resolutions THe machine is seeing all the memory and I have confirmed that it is seated properly Also I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it came back with no errors Any help at all would be greatly appreciated nbsp