Windows Support Forum

(Faulty?) Wireless Adapter Problems + Laptop Freezing

Q: (Faulty?) Wireless Adapter Problems + Laptop Freezing

Hi First off I posted in here because my problem mainly had to do with Networking Driver issues before it went into Laptop Freezing Adapter Problems Wireless + (Faulty?) computer freezes and stuff like that so feel free to move this thread if I'm wrong One of my laptops has been facing a driver issue recently and it's driving me crazy it's the laptop I bring for education study purposes this one I'm using to post is a giant and not exactly portable - Alienware Malfunctioning Laptop specs Dell Inspiron Windows -bit GB RAM It all started when the wifi suddenly disappeared from my network center only to discover it having (Faulty?) Wireless Adapter Problems + Laptop Freezing problems in Device Manager exclamation mark After trying to disable and renable it to test it disappeared until several minutes later when it randomly shows itself and it was working for a while until the laptop suddenly decided to freeze on me No crash reports no error messages just couldn't move the mouse or use anything Restarting the laptop randomly brought it back on a few occasions but it would freeze nevertheless after a couple minutes of use System Restore didn't work and every time I tried to quot Scan for hardware changes quot in Device Manager to try and regain the default driver when one of my restarts didn't bring it back it froze over and over After uninstalling the wifi adapter through an external program - Driver Booster however the computer no longer froze and I could use it normally just without wifi which I need I tried installing the latest driver version from the Dell website in order to try and bring it back but it failed at first appearing to only install the Bluetooth suite before a few minutes later again it would randomly show up and bring back the same problems freezing Have I just been trying to fix a faulty wireless adapter card all this time

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74065-faulty-wireless-adapter-problems-laptop-freezing.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: (Faulty?) Wireless Adapter Problems + Laptop Freezing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 80.41%

I'm having this problem with my laptop just this morning. The wireless adapter freezes, when I say freezes, I meant that the adapter just, froze, even pressing it won't turn it off. When I start Windows, internet would work fine, but after a while, the internet connection would stop, because of the adapter. If I try to restart it, it will restart, but, it just keeps loading, I mean, it gets stuck at "Restarting", because the adapter froze. What I do is, just hold the power button, then turn the pc back on, everything will be fine, then the problem will reoccur.

All of these happened when my pc lost connection to the internet due to the router failing, I restarted the router then these happened. Hoping to get a quick response from you guys. I'm currently backing-up my important files in case my only solution will be re-installing Windows 8.

Thanks.

A:Laptop Wireless Adapter Freezing

What kind of wireless adapter do you have?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/14505-laptop-wireless-adapter-freezing.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I currently have a XPS 12-9Q33 laptop that is not charging. The light at the end of the power adapter is no longer lighting up so it appears to be faulty. I've called Dell to purchase a new adapter but was told that they no longer sell replacements for them and was recommended to buy an adapter from a 3rd party source.
I purchased a replacement with the same voltage and amperage that is supposed to work on a XPS 12. The laptop now powers on but will not charge. The BIOS states that the adapter is unknown and will not allow it to charge.
What can I do now? I find it really frustrating that I cannot get a direct replacement from Dell themselves so I'm stuck with a laptop that is not portable at all since the battery is at 0%

A:XPS 12 Power Adapter Faulty. Cannot charge laptop.

Third party adapters usually do not have required logic circuit to complete the batter charging loop.  It's easy to find genuine, OEM Dell adapters:
www.parts-people.com/index.php

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987856
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi guys,

I currently have a tenda w54u wireless g usb adapter connected to a d-link wireless access point; which was working fine with no problems. Untill I purchased a new netgear rangemax wireless n router, the pc in question started randomly locking up with no obvious cause.
I have tried playing with almost every setting on the router, from disabling security to messing with the mtu's. I'm convinced it must be either a conflict with the usb adapter or a driver issue. Does any 1 know if the 2 formats might be possibly conflicting? I have tried 2 different laptops that both seem to work fine so im fairly sure the router is not at fault.

Thanks in advance
Dan

A:Wireless usb adapter freezing xp

are you are using two routers at the same time?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-usb-adapter-freezing-xp.844206/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi thanks for looking in and trying to help I have a laptop with Windows on it and as usual today the laptop s screen frame also accomodates the internal Wireless Internet antenna I am able to use the existing networks when they are close enough to me But I wanted to have a better reception so I bought one of those USB-based Wireless Internet Adapters WIA which have mounted a little dBi antenna dBi Decibel on its side I bought recently a much larger dBi antenna which I can use to replace the smaller antenna adapter. 7: Adapter: Why? Wireless Internet Laptop: Can't Windows use the on that WIA Windows also recognized the USB device correctly please see the screenshot link http www NADB net v Prom WLAN jpg but the connection tool at the lower right side of Windows system tray area displays only those networks which the internal screen frame antenna Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why? captures I tried already to disable the internal antenna but then I don t get any network Why can t the Network Connection icon not show networks the USB Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why? WIA might capture What is it I am doing wrong Please don t mind to ask me for additional details here I will provide them as additional details nbsp

A:Laptop: Wireless Internet Adapter: Windows 7: Can't use the adapter. Why?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wireless-internet-adapter-windows-7-cant-use-the-adapter-why.1092278/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a printer (with wireless capability) wired to desktop (Windows XP) and a wireless laptop (Windows 7). My question is, can the printer be connected wirelessly to the laptop as well as wired to the desktop, or does everything have to be wireless?
Another question: If I want to share files between the two computers, do they both have to be the same operating system? (one is Windows XP and the other is Windows 7)

A:Solved: Wireless Laptop/Wireless Desktop (via wireless adapter)/ printer

I would guess that the printer can be connected by ethernet and wireless, but I've never had one with both capabilities so I don't really know.

I once had a printer that worked OK connected to a network plus connected to another computer by USB. Even so, that may depend on the particular printer.

There may be two operating systems that cannot file share with each other but I don't know which ones that might be. Windows XP and 7 are fine sharing with each other (but not claiming that nobody has had any problems).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-laptop-wireless-desktop-via-wireless-adapter-printer.1054838/
Relevancy 64.5%

i have hp au tx laptop it freezes randomly my all drivers are updated i reinstall my window but still this problem is happening My Wireless computer! my is Freezing adapter Help! SYMPTOM It freezes solid sporadically Sometimes multiple times Help! My Wireless adapter is Freezing my computer! day sometimes every few days Seems to be no set timing to it And when it freezes it really freezes the screen remains fixed no mouse movement ctl-alt-del does nothing Only holding the power button down for seconds powers it off SYMPTOM It takes a very long time starting up The event log shows that some services are failing to start I don't remember which ones but I think it's related to wireless Eventually it comes up and things work but it's slow for quite awhile minutes or more These symptoms do not occur in succession They typically occur at times unrelated to each other IMPORTANT As far as I remember this happens ONLY when I use the wireless connection to the network When I use wired connection I always turn off wireless And for the last few months I've use mostly wired connection and the problem has NEVER occurred Today I'm connecting wirelessly and it freezes solid I am concluding that the problem is somehow related to the wireless functionality but I have no idea how nor what to do about it Based on web searching I have found no conclusive reasons for this behaviour although some point to a heat problem Most simply say I'll never buy Acer again which doesn't help much of course - Perhaps the use of wireless increases heat and causes the freeze perhaps it has nothing to do with heat My laptop has a fan whose speed is controlled internally I cannot do not know how to turn it on manually otherwise I'd do so just to see if that solves the problem Apologies for the long post Any help is most appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Help-My-Wireless-adapter-is-Freezing-my-computer/td-p/5846782
Relevancy 62.35%

Nowadays wireless router is a basic device at home because wireless access point AP is required Sometime a wireless repeater is also needed in a big house especially that with a big yard Actually without wireless router only a Windows laptop can be turned into a WiFi hotpot or a wireless repeater Many Wireless with Laptop Wireless Windows Adapter One Turn into Repeater 7 discussions can be found Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter online regarding how to turn Windows laptop into a WiFi AP or virtual WIFI hotpot however the internet surfing is based on a local area connection If wanna extend a WIFI signal to an enhanced new wireless AP generally two wireless adapters are considered Here differently with only one wireless adapter but without rd-party software we can setup a wireless repeater in a Windows Home Basic or Home Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter Premium laptop with only one wireless adapter This can boost the wireless signal to smartphones tablet computers or other wireless devices Also the mobility and flexibility allow extending the signal to a yard or a garage conveniently as you want It is known that a virtual wireless adapter can be created with a third party software or only Windows built-in commands But in Windows Home Basic or Home Premium usually the virtual wireless adapter cannot be created or a hosted network cannot be started I found a specific approach to clear the issues We can follow the steps successful setup in my two Windows Home laptops Click Start point to All Programs click Accessories right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator A virtual wireless adapter can be created by command of netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode allow ssid sameabcd key where sameabcd is your new ssid of the virtual AP key is the password for virtual AP If the virutal adapter named 'Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter' cannot be created we have a specific method here Delete all temporary point to point ssid at Manage wireless networks in Network and Sharing Center and change all static IP to dynamic IP Then bridge Local Area Connection to Wireless Network Connection see Fig again run the command above usually the virtual wireless adapter can be created If not update the driver of the wireless adapter If no again it means the wireless adapter does not support hosted network When the 'Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter' is created delete the bridge immediately Fig Start hosted network by netsh wlan start hostednetwork If the hosted network cannot be started similarly we still have a specific approach here Delete all temporary point to point ssid at Manage wireless networks in Network and Sharing Center and change all static IP to dynamic IP Then bridge Wireless Network Connection to Wireless Network Connection as shown in Fig run the above command again usually the hosted network can be started Then delete the bridge immediately and run the command again Go to Control Panel gt Network and Sharing Center gt Change adapter settings Right click on Wireless Network Connection and select Properties Go to the Sharing tab and check quot Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection quot Then at the quot Select a private network connection quot drop down menu select Wireless Network Connection and click the OK button Searching the new created wireless signal you can now get your smartphone tablet computer or any wireless device connected to the new WiFi AP If do not need wireless repeater just stop it by netsh wlan stop hostednetwork to stop the wireless hosted network This method is free and no any rd-party software is required After you set up the hosted network for the first time you can just start or stop it by running following two batch files as administrator start bat netsh wlan start hostednetwork stop bat netsh wlan stop hostednetwork Or only one batch file as attached start-stop zip

A:Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter

This method is available for starting soft AP of Windows 7 Home Premium laptop when set up repeater, some third party softwares or methods can create soft AP for Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate only.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254729-turn-windows-7-laptop-into-wireless-repeater-one-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 58.91%

We just bought a Linksys Wireless-G USB Adapter WUSB54GC
With our new Acer Aspire 4720Z Laptop.
The problem is that the laptop doesn't use it, it just uses the one that was built in, we're hoping that it can connect better than the adapter that's already built in the laptop, because our laptop is located upstairs. What I want to know is, why isn't the Wireless Adapter working? We downloaded it, along with the Drivers needed for it to work for Vista, the computer recognizes it but it doesn't use it.

Another question is if the adapter we bought is better than the one that's already built into the laptop, like does it extend its connectivity range?, so I could know if I'm not wasting my time.

Thank you

A:Laptop not using Wireless Adapter

You could make it work by disabling the built-in adapter in Control Panel/System.
There are range extenders and antennas for this problem, and you may need to look into interference due to other electronic devices or construction of the dwelling (Steel beams, for instance).
10 tips for improving your wireless network
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone/wirelesstips.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-using-wireless-adapter.674951/
Relevancy 58.48%

So I m having problems with corrupt downloads This only happens with large downloads like games mb Although i can download large video files perfectly usually gigs I usually try to get games like granado espada via bittorrent so i can repair the download but it always comes out corrupt no matter how many times i repair it I had a friend test the torrent and it worked fine for him we re both on vista Doesn t matter whether I get the games from bittorrent or sites like fileplanet or gamershell they all download corrupt even though the files are good So I started to google corrupt downloads and such Found some possible hardware and software solutions So I reinstalled vista ultimate needed to anyways XD That didn t work obviously Thought it could be the memory so I Adapter? Ethernet Faulty decided to run memtest and it returned errors after passes I ran check disk thinking it might just be my hard disk corrupting data errors there So I then went to my ethernet adapter and made sure the drivers where up-to-date and they were Then I did a ping and traceroute test Faulty Ethernet Adapter? and got no packet loss or anything So I came to Faulty Ethernet Adapter? the final solution i found and that is to get another ethernet card and try it out but I am reluctant to do so since i have no at the moment Is there anything else I can try any help would be greatly appreciated thx attached are my system summary created by Everest nbsp

A:Faulty Ethernet Adapter?

Do you have a on board to plug into and try it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-ethernet-adapter.765611/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi
I am having an issue with my Internet Network Adapter. When i boot the computer it errors and says 'Code 10, driver could not start'. If i go into the device manager and disable and re-enable the device, it works perfectly. Also i recently had to reinstal windows 7 to fix faults and it previously worked without problems. The name of the new network driver is 'Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection. I am sure that it is up to date and that i have the 64bit version and not the 32bit version. It's a very frustrating mystery to me why it doesn't work. Thank you for any and all help =]

Relevancy 58.48%

I am getting frequent BSODs lately and my computer restarts randomly. I suspect its the net adapter, cause when I remove it, it doesn't happen. I bought a new one, replaced it, but the old one is still listed in Devices. I can't uninstall it, so I disabled it.
Here is the dump file I got from the BSOD. I need help to determine if its really a problem with the net adapter, not with something else. Thank You.

A:Can a faulty net adapter cause BSOD?

The crash dump does not point towards the net adapter or its driver but the D1 error code usually relates to a faulty/corrupt driver.

What is the problem with uninstalling the old driver, that is usually fairly straightforward.

Are you still getting BSOD's with the new adapter installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-faulty-net-adapter-cause-bsod.173377/
Relevancy 58.05%

Computer specs Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Server Pack Toshiba Satellite Intel S Core TM CPU T GHz GHz GB of Ram Extras Internet is cable from Comcast Using a Modem Router in Wireless Surfboard Gateway SGB Motorola Two to three weeks ago I had a problem where I couldn t access the internet because my network adapters weren t being found even though they are installed both ethernet and wireless adapters not found Okay sometime when like a day later I managed to somehow fix the Ethernet adapter LAN and I was able to get on the internet Two weeks later present day I try connecting to my Wireless adapter yet it said the same error when I had to Laptop wireless connecting not adapter the LAN problem aswell I have unplugged the cables to my Laptop not connecting to wireless adapter computer and turned the switch on my computer to activate wireless mode With that said I have also right-clicked the connection my taskbar and click connect It would say quot Connecting to wireless network quot then it would say quot The following couldn t be completed Connecting to wireless network quot So I m like W T F On my start menu I have the Intel PROSet Wireless thing in my All Programs When I opened it up it said quot Intel R PROSet Wireless Software was unable to detect a supported wireless adapter Please install a supported adapter quot Usually my Motorola adapter would be in the lists Last thing I right-clicked the wireless network and click quot View Available Wireless Networks quot and it showed none It used to show my Motorola there aswell just like the Intel R PROSet Wireless Software program So please help me Thanks Mod edit Remove difficult to read color for better responses nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a HP Pavillion tx laptop which is approx yrs old I am running Windows Vista Service Pack Last night after a long flight and extremely late check-in into my hotel I tried to connect to the hotel s wireless network After connecting when the little blue globe failed to appear on the wireless icon I clicked quot diagnose amp repair quot After diagnose amp repair ran it informed me to quot reset my wireless adapter quot I clicked to reset my wireless adapter and at that exact moment the little blue globe appeared on on my wireless icon Stupidly I clicked the cancel button while in the process of resetting the wireless adapter and after hours of troubleshooting I still cannot connect My access is Local only No internet I know the internet is working without any issues because my other laptop can connect without any to mess what up I I'm my laptop. Help! wireless did in my adapter not sure issues When I run diagnose amp repair it gives me the same option to reset my wireless adapter after clicking on it it informs me that a problem still exists and gives me the option to quot reset my wireless adapter quot again and again This is driving me mad I hope someone can help Please amp Thank you nbsp

A:I'm not sure what I did to mess up my wireless adapter in my laptop. Help!

I'd suggest uninstalling/reinstalling the wireless adapter driver. (download it from the HP web site)
> Can you download the driver to your PC with the LAN cable?
> Or you;ll have to download it to a friend's PC and then move it to yours using a USB flash drive or similar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-not-sure-what-i-did-to-mess-up-my-wireless-adapter-in-my-laptop-help.137029/
Relevancy 58.05%

hi Guys

I have an acer aspire 5600. I downgraded from vista to winXP. acer will not supply support because I changed the OS. I've tried all the xp wireless adapter drivers from their site, but none recognize any adapter. Device manager shows an "other device" a network controller with a yellow exclamation mark. going online to look for that driver didn't work. Does anyone know if I have to install some other driver before it recognizes the adapter? Any one have any idea how to get this working.

A:laptop wireless adapter driver

Try the unknown Device Identifier to ID the card, then google for drivers

Have you gone to the Windows Update site yet . . I was pleasantly suprised yesterday when it identified a wireless adaptor and offered drivers . . . worked a treat!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wireless-adapter-driver.691702/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey.

This will perhaps sound painfully stupid, but please help me.

I have just bought a new laptop from Dell - happy bunny!
Try to connect it to the AOL wireless network we have in the house, but no luck connecting.

Now, i've looked through the specification list, and on there it says it has a 'Intel® Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card - Europe - Core 2 Duo Processors', but then says 'No Modem'.

I wondered whether you actually still require a basic modem inside the laptop for it to gain internet access when you have the wireless cards built-in. Or if the wireless just receives the signal, but cannot use it.
Or if AOL wireless doesn't like Vista, which would suck, terribly...
If that makes sense.

Please help, i'm grateful for any replies.

Thank you!

Relevancy 58.05%

Hey everyone, first time poster here.

So I purchased a new wireless adapter today after my old one randomly quit on me. I've been using my brothers but he's home now and It was time for me to buy a new one. Anyways I bought a Belkin adapter for like 50 bucks and whenever I try to connect to my home network it tries, accepts my password, and then can't connect. The reason this bothers me is because it's brand new AND the one i borrowed from my brother still works! The one i borrowed connects just fine. All drivers are installed and everything and i'm desperate!

Thanks everyone.

Relevancy 58.05%

I'm having great problems finding a wireless pci adapter that will work with Vista (Home Premium). Have tried several different makes, searched for and dowloaded the latest drivers in all cases but the problem remains. I have also tried different browsers, again to no avail. I can connect ok but after a while, the whole PC freezes - cursor stops, keybord doesn't work etc. I have to force a shutdown with the power on button. Hardly ideal. There is no pattern to this in terms of lenght of time or what I am doing at the time, it just stops, dead.

However, if I revert to my old USB dongle (same make as one of the PCI cards), I have no problem at all.

Any thoughts anyone!?!?!?!??!

Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4000 2.1 GHz
2 Gig RAM
Vista Home Premium 32bit
GeForce 7100 Graphics
Netgear DG 834GT router

A:Wireless PCI Adapter problems

If you have a usb that works, sue it the reception is usually better anyway because you can put the adapter where it gets the best reception instead of hanging out the back of the tower which is usually the worst place.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-pci-adapter-problems.587994/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I have the HP Pavilion dv6 notebook, product number: A3C36EA#ABU using the windows 7 64 bit. I am currently having problems with the wireless adapter. The issue has occured every so often since i bought the laptop, but thought nothig of it. Recently though the problem has become much more common (sometimes happening 3-4 times a day). The problem is for some reason the wireless adapter is no longer recognised by the laptop randomly while using it. I will attempt to enable, and the wireless adapter is not even in the adapter settings menu. sometimes it is, so i disable/enable, but this process does not begin/end at all. The only way of fixing the problem is by restarting the laptop. I have uninstalled the adapter, and reinstalled, i have no idea what more to do about this, and would appreciate any help! Thanks 

A:Problems with wireless adapter

Hi, Go to:Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Network adaptersFind on the list wireless card, right click it and choose ' Properties '. Select the ' Driver ' tab, and inform me what is the current driver version. Next select the ' Details ' tab, use the dropdown selector to choose Hardware Ids and paste all the values from there to the next reply.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Problems-with-wireless-adapter/td-p/1719857
Relevancy 58.05%

I went recently to JZ Computer Services in Brooklyn "Chinatown" when my laptop 'crashed' and as a result I could not start it up again. They serviced it and it is now working except for the following 2 problems: (1) Whenever I start up the Internet Explorer or IE it is in Chinese only. This is OK for me but not for my daughter who can speak Chinese but unable to read Chinese . I did go to the Control Panel and changed the Language options to English & restarted the computer but this did not help. (2) The D-Link adapter now needs to be 'popped out' and 'pushed' back into place each time when the system is running or else there is an error message "This page cannot be found" and "Wireless Network Connection is unplugged" Can you please help. Thanks
Sincerely

A:IE & Wireless Adapter Problems

Not at all familiar with the language settings, but if you were in Control Panel, Regional and Language; I think that is only general computer settings.

Have you checked in Internet Options, Languages button at the bottom of the General Tab to see what is listed there?
You might try a complete uninstall/reinstall of the D-Link.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-wireless-adapter-problems.863726/
Relevancy 58.05%

I m using my neighbor s wireless internet with his password and permission I have two computers My laptop is running vista and it s already online My PC is running XP pro I reformatted last week and I m trying to get online using a Belkin N wireless adapter In network connections in control panel there is a big red X through wireless connection and it says not connected This is weird because the wireless adapter is recognized by my system the Belkin drivers are installed and the device manager says the adapter is enabled and working properly If I right-click repair on the connection it says this Windows could not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be completed connecting to the wireless network For assistance contact the person who manages your network But windows continuously reminds me that wireless networks are available and within range I click on the using adapter problems a wireless bubble to connect to the desired network and a window pops up asking for a network key not a password nbsp

A:problems using a wireless adapter

While you have your neighbor's permission, I'm certain you don't have the ISP's permission as this is against the terms of service!

Please review the TSG Rules, we don't assist with this kind of issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-using-a-wireless-adapter.840711/
Relevancy 58.05%

I m new to actualy fixing things on my computer all I know is how to use it Recently my wireless adapter stopped working for no reason as far as I can tell It was working fine all day then I put my laptop into hibernation When it wakes up next the wireless adapter doesn t seem to turn on My Gateway HP computer has a switch in the front next to a light When the adapter is off it s orange when it s on it s blue Before it would occasionaly not turn on with my computer but all I d have to do is put the switch into the off position and turn it on again Wireless adapter problems After trying Wireless adapter problems this method several times I tried to open Hp Wireless assistant but Wireless adapter problems it refuses to open Afterwards I connect to my homes network through a eithernet cable I m not sure I spelled that right Shortly after going online to find help it turned on again for no apparent reason and it worked just fine until I put my computer into hibernation which I normally do when going between classes Again when I try wake my laptop up the adapter isn t working anymore I figured that maybe it was I put off updating Vista for a little while so I installed the latest update using the schools network Nothing changed Now I ve gotten home and connected to my home network and now the adapter wont turn on at all I m a little in the dark about the components of my computer all I know is that it uses Vista and it s from Gateway I d deeply appreciate anykind of help at all nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all, I am trying to get my TP-Link (TL-WN951N) Wireless Adapter to connect to a inter-office network, I am running Windows XP in a Dell computer. I have downloaded the driver from the CD that came with product, and after doing so, I try to connect with the proper password, and tray icon states that it is acquiring network address, which it does for a couple of minutes, then I get an error message stating "limited or no connectivity". Computer I am trying to connect is about 50 ft away from router, which is a NET GEAR PRO SAFE 802.11G Wireless Access Point. I also tried to use the QSS utiliy but still no luck.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395816/wireless-adapter-problems/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello people Recently moved adapter USB Wireless Problems and needed Wireless USB adapter Problems to use a wireless adapter for my pc to connect to the internet problem is its saying im connected full bars but its either wont load page or loads a page and nothing more so im sort of pissed off im using a Wi-Fi usb adapter ac Ive tried turning firewall and Virus protecion off Run commands release renew netsh int ip set dns nothing so far ill post my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mascotte Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Draadloze netwerkverbinding Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Sitecom WiFi USB adapter AC Physical Address -D -A - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a a f da b dd a P referred Temporary IPv Address a a f da b e d a e f e d P referred Link-local IPv Address fe dd a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday September PM Lease Expires Friday September AM Default Gateway fe a ff fe eb DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter LAN-verbinding Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address D - - - - -ED DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap lan Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb c e f fefa Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe c e f fefa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt My router is a B-Box Any help would be great

A:Wireless USB adapter Problems

Try unchecking the ipv6 in the adapter properties and then reboot...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/344311-wireless-usb-adapter-problems.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all I have a problem with my wireless usb adapter i have a wireless router In the begining Adapter Usb Wireless problems! when i istalled windows bit the installation program automaticly detected my usb adapter and connected to the internet I have D-Link G- c after couple of hours the internet connection fell down and the usb adapter suddenly became quot broken quot - the device manager said it had a problem and that i need to install a driver - a wierd thing because it worked fine I installed about - versions of drivers i found in the internet tried in compability mode but still there was problems with the device the windows is saying this is quot error number quot Anyway since this D-Link adapter made problems also when the OS was XP i decided to buy a new adapter I bought LEVEL ONE N Max WUA- and guess what - windows said the same things Need driver and etc even though i installed everything Also here it sais quot Error Wireless Usb Adapter problems! quot Anyone got an idea i'm thinking about reinstalling the OS

A:Wireless Usb Adapter problems!

update: i tried installing the LEVEL ONE adapter again, and now it says "error 34".... what do I do??

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/28868-wireless-usb-adapter-problems.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Recently my computer has been have some issues with freezing up and I isolated the problem to the system control manager looping errors and eventually freezing my subpar laptop. So I did some research and decided to uninstall my wireless adapter drivers. Shortly after that my computer couldn't pick up any broadcasts even with updating my drivers. So I didn't have anything I cared about memory wise on my laptop so I wiped in clean. And installed windows 7 fresh. The problem still occurs and im unsure what to do next.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there,

I am having a problem with a USB Wireless Adapter. I bought a Netgear N150 WNA1100.v1 to install on a Gateway 505R, Intel version EV91510A.15A.0067. I loaded the software and insert the adapter and logon to my network. POOF, the pc reboots and comes back with a blue screen telling me that a problem has been detected and the pc shut down to prevent any damage. It offers some solutions like contacting your manufacturer for driver updates and hardware vendor for memory options such as caching. It asks if you have adequate disk space etc. Well, I contacted Gateway and was given a flash update for Intel (Augsburg) 915G Motherboard BIOS Update Revision: AG91510J.15A.0816. I tried this and received an error saying these drivers were not for my pc. Contacted Intel, referred me to Gateway. I am stumped. Any suggestions? I really need help. Thanks for any help you can give me.

A:Problems With Wireless USB Adapter

so where are you now - does the PC boot at all ?
Sounds like a problem with the usb wireless driver if you got a blue screen after installing that
can you boot into safe mode
tap f8 as the PC starts and you should see a menu - using the arrow keys select safemode
if that boots up and works OK
do a system recovery to before you installed the adapter
start>
programs>
accessories>
system tools>
system restore>
choose a date before the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-wireless-usb-adapter.926026/
Relevancy 58.05%

well ill start with i run a dual boot with xp and vistax64bit. ive been running a netgear wireless g pci card and it worked perfect for a while. then started getting intermittent problems, ran it on vista to test to see if it was just a bad configuration,but same connection problems. my roomate is running a linksys wireless g pci and it works fine, so i went and bought one thinking the netgear adapter was just bad. slapped that puppy in and still get same connection problems on both os's, but better signal strength . so now im running dual adapters on my xp os so i can post this damn thread.

sounds like a hardware problem? :/ i did build my computer from scratch maybe something came loose?

p.s. not the pci slots, tried all of them, even the one my soundcard is running on and my card works great.

Relevancy 58.05%

About months ago I purchased an HP Pavilion laptop with Windows Up until recently it's worked great Within the last week it's been dropping the wireless connection Linksys router When I view the network connections it shows that it's connected In Devices the card seems to be working properly I also updated the driver When I attempt to troubleshoot I get a message stating quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point quot When I plug into the router via a LAN connection the signal comes back when I connect I'm then able to connect wirelessly until the laptop goes idle in which case I again lose the signal When I do get the signal back IE performance is very slow I should mention that I have an iPad which connects with no problem and another Dell laptop which works fine I also have a rd laptop Dell with Windows that has the same problem though Thoughts Is there a Fix It utility that will correct this Thanks in advance-

A:Problems with Wireless Adapter?

you can try disabling ipv6, this sometimes helps with problems. Is the other laptop also windows 7? If not this could be the source of the issue if the router is not properly supporting ipv6. I had a router that was giving the same basic issue based on ipv6 problems.
How to disable IP version 6 (IPv6) or its specific components in Windows 7, in Windows Vista, in Windows Server 2008 R2, and in Windows Server 2008

barring that having any effect here is a good list of items to try from microsoft.

Quote:
You can try the following workaround and check if it works:
1. Disable the IP Helper service:
1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

2. Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:
Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers
Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows XP (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows)
Windows 7 cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers
To resolve this issue, disable the DHCP BROADCAST flag in Windows 7. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
3. In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey that corresponds to the network adapter that is connected to the network.
4. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
5. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle, and then press ENTER.
6. Right-click DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle, and then click Modify.
7. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
8. Close Registry Editor.
By setting this registry key to 1, Windows 7 will first try to obtain an IP address by using the BROADCAST flag in DHCP Discover packets. If that fails, it will try to obtain an IP address without using the BROADCAST flag in DHCP Discover packets.

About the second issue that your computer is not shutting down properly, you can perform a clean boot and check which application is causing this issue.

Perform the following steps to perform a clean boot:
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
User Account Control permission.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the
password, Or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.

If the issue is resolved check which third party is causing the problem, referring the link given below:
How to troub... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213791-problems-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently left a post prematuurely marked solved dealing with my wireless adapter I have a Belkin F D Wireless G adapter and a D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Router When I configure thhe D-Link to operate without encryption the Belkin connects without a problem However when I activate WPA or WEP the Belkin connects to the router but does not acquire a network address I Wireless Problems Adapter have other computers in the home Wireless Adapter Problems with different adapters that connect to the router just fine As you can imagine I want to encrypt the signal from the D-Link I am looking for some suggestions Some information The OS is Windows XP SP fully updated I prefer to use WPA - I have configured the D-Link to WPA-PSK TKIP I have assigned the Wireless Adapter Problems key myself I have tried to use both the Belkin Wireless Connection Software as well as the Windows ZeroConfig Method I am familiar with both The connection worked encrypted ONCE I then became suspect of the driver and updated it I am still experiencing the same problems If I can provide more info of any kind please ask Thanks in advance KCC nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hei ive just bought a new gamer that got Windows Wireless problems! Adapter Ultimate bit as OS Im in the norwegian airforce and dont have anything but wireless Wireless Adapter problems! network at my room The problem is that no matter which card adapter I use the wireless network wont be activated I have tried D-Link DWA USB adapter with the drivers that follows the CD and I have downloaded the bit drivers from their homepage I try to right-click and quot activate quot the connection it then says quot actiavating quot -- gt quot activated quot but no difference at all it still says deactivated I have now got me a ASUS PCE-N network card but the same problems continues ive tried the drivers from the CD and Downloaded them from ASUS's support page I believe it got something to do with my windows options or something like that and not the Wireless Adapter problems! card or adapter The motherboard is ASUS PT Deluxe V and shouldn't have any trouble with the ASUS PCE-N Please help me im a gamer without web conection P sorry if its bad english

A:Wireless Adapter problems!

check your firewall settings
also do you see the wireless card in Device Manager?
what kind of anti-virus program do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/105369-wireless-adapter-problems.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I went out and bought a with adapter having new wireless problems a usb wireless adapter for my mom s old laptop for when i am visiting my having problems with a new wireless adapter girlfriend out of town The laptop runs on windows i get all hooked up to my girlfriends network and have a strong signal i just cannot connect to the internet i know i ve had these problems in the past when using a new router and usually do winipconfig or something of the like and release and renew the ip but i cant do that on this laptop the most i can do is ipconfig all and check out the ip addresses and stuff Afte sitting awhile last night the laptop just magically started connecting to the internet fine After i turned my computer off and restarted it today though it is not connecting again I m wondering if there is a faster way to renew the ip or whatever the prblem is than just letting it sit for a couple hours Thanks in advance -Frobro nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello all I ve tried for the past several months to find a solution to this even Adapter Problems Wireless called Dell since they made my laptop to see if they could help me out but they recommended buying a new Wireless Adapter Problems laptop instead of fixing my current one since its out of warranty of course Problem My wireless adapter intermittently works and doesn Wireless Adapter Problems t work I ll Wireless Adapter Problems describe the problem the best that I can This started about months ago my connection to the internet started faltering At first I thought it was the router and internet crapping out of me and I was right For the next few months I thought we had an issue with AT amp T s internet services and eventually we switched to Mediacom Reliability was great and the speeds were consistently better so I figured everything was fine I was wrong Not a few days after I started having issues again At first again I thought it was the internet however this time everyone else on my network was fine I didn t give it much thought and just restarted my laptop Seemed to work fine This has continued to happen at least - times a week since then I ll be working or playing an online game and I ll suddenly lose my connection Sometimes it comes back after a few seconds but more often than not I lose any connection at all When using a web browser it appears to lose the connection to the network and isn t a speed issue In the short timeframe I get connectivity back web-browsing is just fine and pages load quickly The window is only a few seconds before I lose connectivity again Playing online games is impossible as I just time-out on the connection Again no one else is affected so I m making the assumption this is a computer adapter problem Windows Diagnostics has not been helpful at all In fact Windows Live has fixed my internet problems more often than it I would sometimes get errors that it was my modem causing problems other times my wireless adapter was shut off for some reason and had to restart my computer to even turn it back on Other times I have issues with name resolution The rest of the time it can t find the problem I ve been able to live with it until recently Normally I restart my computer and everything is just fine But now restarting my computer isn t helping Can anyone lend some advice on what to do or give a definitive answer on what is causing this Computer specs are below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Alienware A MPZ K Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

With my computer I recieved a wireless usb adapter from dell. I usually use my regular network cable, but it's been having problems, so I've switched to wireless.

When I'm browsing the internet, I notice that about every minute I don't get internet connection for about 5-10 seconds.
This is a problem because I play online games where the game sends data to the server every time you do an action, and so the game doesn't give me any response when I click.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Wireless USB Adapter having problems

What exactly is was your problem when you used the network cable?

Also, how close are you to your Access Point?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-usb-adapter-having-problems.400039/
Relevancy 58.05%

I am having problems with my laptops wireless connection when i try to connect to the wireless connection

it connects then randomly disconnects can anyone please help me with this ?

thanks in advance

Toshiba1

also this may be needed :

Property Value
ANONYMOU-40058F (TOSHIBA Satellite L500)
Network Adapter 1
Model Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport
Status Connected
MAC Address 00-26-22-45-3F-0E
Type WIRED
Speed 100 Mbps
Network Adapter 2
Model Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
Description Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC #2 - Packet Scheduler Miniport
Status Disconnected
MAC Address 70-1A-04-41-EB-A8
Type WIRELESS LAN

A:Wireless Adapter Problems

Welcome to TSG:
May we see:
Wifi test exe.

Download and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspecto from
www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
on the problem machine. Post a screen shot of the main screen(networks screen) here.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button
to upload it here.

Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_...g_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-adapter-problems.1010377/
Relevancy 57.62%

A while ago, my on-board ethernet adapter has been malfunctioning, in a sense that it runs my CPU usage (shown in task manager) up to 50%.

I have come to believe this is due to "hardware interrupts", as (if i remember correctly) it happens when i use windows xp from my 2nd drive aswell (i have installed 2 copies of xp on 2 drives). Is there any way to fix this, or do i have to stay with my ethernet chip i have placed into my computer, and have the on-board adapter disabled?

Note: my on-board adapter is a SiS 900 Fast Ethernet Adapter.

A:Faulty on-board ethernet adapter

If your fairly certain the onboard ethernet is bad, I would disable on
board ethernet in bios. Go out and buy a new card, there cheap.
Install it with the drivers that will come with it and see what happens.
You should be good to go, unless you have another issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/faulty-on-board-ethernet-adapter-204823.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a problem with my on-board network adapter a Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller I put a in there because it s not PCI it s on-board but that s what the mfr calls it I appears Network Adapter be faulty to noticed that there was a problem when websites started loading slowly pages turning slowly etc Network Adapter appears to be faulty The Network Adapter appears to be faulty quot local area connection status quot program said that it couldn t clear the DNS cache I solved that issue by reading advice from this forum thank you However the problem wasn t solved so a run of the WinXP Support Center Network Diagnostics program pinpointed the problem as being in the network adapter specifically that testing of the Default Gatway was failing to ping with packets sent packets received lost All of the advice I could find pointed to updating the drivers for the adapter which I did twice The problem remains and the diagnostics results remain the same Oh and yes I ve done virus malware and rootkit scans I m not sure what to do at this point Any suggestions Have I really isolated the problem or is something else probably going on as well One thought I have is to buy a PCI network adapter and put it in a PCI Slot disable the drivers for the on-board adapter and activate the new adapter Will this work or am I missing something important I probably can t stay by the computer for a real-time exchange but I ll be in-and-out of the house all day weekend please stick with me if an exchange of info is required Any help will be valued Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys I need a wireless adapter that supports Ghz I have an older laptop that has some issues but the card in it works fine so I swapped it into this laptop It installs fine I updated the cannot in it Changed on laptop turn my wireless but adapter drivers etc but it will not 'turn on' When I troubleshoot it the error is that it is currently turned off The button to turn on and off my wireless doesn't do anything to change it so although its plugged in exactly the same as my other it's as if my wireless button is specially designed for original adapter only If it helps on my other laptop the wireless was switched on with Changed wireless adapter in my laptop but cannot turn it on a on off switch on the side of the laptop rather than one of the F keys The adapter in my laptop is a Ralink RT R The one I tried to install is a Intel Centrino advanced-n The laptop I am trying to install it on is a HP Pavilion G Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Changed wireless adapter in my laptop but cannot turn it on

Hi ... Did you check the Service Manual to see if the Card is supported ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/359890-changed-wireless-adapter-my-laptop-but-cannot-turn.html
Relevancy 57.62%

ok here it goes I have a hp tx laptop using vista with a alfa awuso h usb adapter to connect to the internet Ok heres the problem i was using this setup to connect to my neighbores wireless internet with no problems wireless to connect internet laptop won't adapter through for about weeks yes they know and are fine with laptop won't connect to wireless internet through adapter me using it But within the past week actually all of a sudden it wont work my program that came with the adapter shows alot of networks with full signals but when i connect to any of laptop won't connect to wireless internet through adapter them it shows connected but wont actually bring up the internet When i click on i e It says i e Cannot display the webpage And if it actually does take me to google it will disconnect for no reason and reconnect to a random network thats available my neighbors connection i was using just all of a sudden quit working and if i try to connect to it it says cannot connect to frontier Also the other networks that show up sometimes will say the settings saved on this computer for this network dont match the requirements of the network but sometimes the same network will connect but wont actually bring up the internet I guess i just want to know what has changed to make me not be able to use a network that worked fine for me last week Please help nbsp

A:laptop won't connect to wireless internet through adapter

closed
read the rules
WiFi "Piggybacking" / "Wardriving" - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-connect-to-wireless-internet-through-adapter.1020919/
Relevancy 57.62%

My wireless adapter disappears (Dell Wireless WLAN 1501 Half Mini-Card) and internet connection gets lost. Sometimes laptop continue running but sometimes it just hangs. When i restart it i cannot find the network adapter in the device manager. Only way i can connect to internet is through lan.

I tried disabling and enabling wireless through setup (F2) while booting but sometimes it work and i can see the wireless adapter (Dell Wireless WLAN 1501 Half Mini-Card) in the device manager.

I reconnect the internet using the wireless adapter and after some some time the same cycle continue ...

Please can anyone help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/386068-wireless-adapter-disappears-laptop-hangs.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So, all of a sudden, my laptops dvd rom stopped working. It shows up in device manager, and says it is working, but it won't read anything that I put into it. In addition. My wireless card shows no available wireless networks, though there is one here in my home and another computer here in my home shows 5 of them locally. My son was home for a bit and was playing with it. It is possible something happened, but I am wondering how to fix it...where to begin. Please help!

Relevancy 57.19%

Im trying to get a tp link wifi usb adapter to work on my laptop - when connected and i do a speed test it pings at 8ms but download is painfully slow at .1mbs

is there any settings i should be looking at?

The adapter works fine on my desktop computer ping 9ms and download 50mbs

A:wireless usb adapter problems tp link

Think ive sorted it!

The wifi adapter was plugged in directly next to the wireless usb mouse reciever - I tried plugging in on the other side of the laptop and all seems well 9ms ping and 48mb download!

maybe the 2 usb adapters were interfering with each other

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/340635-wireless-usb-adapter-problems-tp-link.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello everyone,
I have just built a new PC as of last night and I am having problems connecting to the internet. I bought a Belkin N150 F9L1001 USB adapter for the computer so I could access the internet but, sadly, it is not working for me. The problem is that every couple of minutes while I am connected, it will show my network as not having any internet access. When this shows, I troubleshoot the program and windows shows that it had reset the network adapter (because "the default gateway is not available) and then I'm connected to the internet again. I've been all over the forums here and have tried to fix the problem to the best of my abilities. I have even tried using the adapter in a different computer, which worked, so I know we can rule that out. Anyways, any help provided would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi. I recently installed Windows Vista home premium x64 on my Athlon 64 system and
plugged in my Belkin F5D7050 wireless G usb adapter, only to find out that,
of course the drivers didn't work. Went online, using my laptop, downloaded the latest and greatest drivers and I installed the driver and the device still doesn't work.
For instance, when I set it to search for wireless networks nearby (which it
should find mine), the activity light on it doesn't even flash once. It
hasn't flashed ever since I plugged it in after installing Vista. So my
question is, is there a driver that would work with my adapter, and if there
isn't could you recommend a low cost wireless usb adapter that would work
with Vista home premium x64? Thank you for your help, sword182.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/127401-belkin-usb-wireless-adapter-problems.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all- I hope all here are well Very informative forum I m a wireless newbie amp I know enough to be dangerous - I m running Win Pro I bought an inexpensive Trendnet TEW- PI wireless PCI adapter card last week It installed fine amp worked great with zero problems for several days I adapter Wireless card problems PCI went away for a few days Wireless PCI adapter card problems amp now I can t get any internet data transfer When I start an internet app the modem starts dialing instead of connecting thru the wireless card The computer was on while I was away but no one had Wireless PCI adapter card problems access to it The wireless card was off amp I was D Ling with the modem amp D L mgr unattended while I was away The access point is unsecured and the adapter card s config utility shows a good quality connection and high signal strength I have rooted around in numerous forums followed tips from the Trendnet site and played with the Win network settings No joy Windows IP Configuration Host Name TBC Primary DNS Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Mbps High Speed Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -E - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers I see some problems with missing entries amp features disabled but do not know where to get the IP information or change the settings to enable the required features to correct the problem I would greatly appreciate any suggestions I really got spoiled for the few days I had the use of the high speed connection Take care all TR nbsp

A:Wireless PCI adapter card problems

first, use the Device Manager to disable the modem; stops the dialingout.

you say it worked ... you have your OWN wireless router?

the ip-address 169.254.168.233 says your adaptor did not find the router and
could NOT make a DHCP request to it.

disable your wireless adaptor,
restart your router; pull the power plug, wait 30 sec and then plug it back in.
wait one minute and then enable your wireless adaptor.

use run->cmd /k ipconfig /all to monitor the results.

if that doesn't work, the next step is to RESET the router and start again
at disable your wireless

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-pci-adapter-card-problems.78599/
Relevancy 57.19%

Im new to these my wireless having problems with adapter corega forums so first hello everyone nice to meet you all so having problems with my corega wireless adapter I have a corega wireless adapter that is plugged into my pc as an access point for my PSP and DS but I keep getting the problem of having problems with my corega wireless adapter quot DHCP is not enabled for wireless networking quot and it says the wireless adapter doesn t have a having problems with my corega wireless adapter valid IP address In services the DHCP is set to started here are the results of the ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Jerome gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jerome-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List zaq ne jp Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description CG-WLUSBNM Physical Address - A- -F -E -EA DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a d d dc f a d c Pre ferred Site-local IPv Address fec d d dc f a d c Preferred Temporary IPv Address a d d e d Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe d d dc f a d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -EE- - - - -A -BF DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix zaq ne jp Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - -A -BF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c d c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained amp amp amp Lease Expires amp amp amp Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -EE- - - - -A -BF DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap zaq ne jp Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix zaq ne jp Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f ca c aa dace Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe f ca c aa dace Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap F EDB- E - A A-B B - F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix zaq ne jp Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a a Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled I hope someone can help me please nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

I have a wmp300n Wireless N adapter from linksys that i have been using for almost two years. I took out the adapter to move the computer to a new house and it stopped working. I took a look in the devices menu and saw that the person who installed it did a terrible job because the device it thought it was was a microsoft adapter. Is there a way to install it again without the installation cd and it is already inside my computer?
-thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-n-linksys-adapter-problems.855253/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have had a Linksys WMP54G adapter installed in my Dell PC for quite some time now and it always worked fine up until yesterday. Now I am getting the following error message and can not connect to the Internet.

Exception GIFException in module aviWMP54Gv4.dll at 000252AF.

I uninstalled the adapter, physically removed it from the computer and started from scratch installing the software and adapter being careful to follow the instructions but still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 57.19%

Ok i installed windows 7 few days back the RC and i tried to install the Belkin USB Wireless adapter drive, now its installed and i restarted my computer now after restart and login it will connect to the internet for like 2-5mins and then disconnect when i try fix it totally looses connection and there no way getting it back unless i restart it again.

I find it strange how it works for few mins and just doesn't work at all and tottaly loses connection, anyone have any ideas why it isn't working?

Thank you,
Regards,
Mark

A:Belkin USB Wireless Adapter Problems...

ibanksy

Try dis-abling IPv6 support in sharing and network>adapter>pick adapter>dbl click>properites>uncheck ipv6

let us know how it turns out

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/26462-belkin-usb-wireless-adapter-problems.html
Relevancy 57.19%

To start off my laptop is an Asus G VW-AS The wireless network adapter is an Atheros AR WB-EG The issue I m having only starts when I play an online game It s not a specific one it happens with all my games After about a few matches I will begin to experience terrible lag spikes Ranging from - ms sometimes even going up to over Usually the spikes are permanent I will jump to around ping and hover in that general number with it occasionally sliding back down to my normal only to immediately spring back up again After this begins to happen any application I use that uses internet internet browser skype etc also lags is severely slowed down This lag is never experienced on any other system using our wireless internet which makes me believe it is in fact my laptop s wireless adapter that is the problem Doing a windows troubleshoot on the adapter DOES fix it but it only fixes it for about to minutes and then I begin to lag adapter network Problems with wireless again Also the troubleshooter seems to only be able to fix it once If I try to troubleshoot the adapter again after already fixing it before that way the troubleshooter will tell me that it couldn t find anything wrong Manually restarting the adapter only works once as well Restarting the computer does not help the problem If the laptop is shut down for a few hours and started back up the adapter will work properly as long as I do not start a game Could anyone help tell me how to stop this from happening Do I need to get a new adapter or is there something I can do for the current one nbsp

A:Problems with wireless network adapter

Are you sure it is not an issue with your router? Also I dont know where to get Atheros drivers other than from the manufacturer (vaio, lenovo, etc) website. There are no official drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wireless-network-adapter.188964/
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok,
I went and built my own computer the other day and got a wireless adapter form some friends. I put it in my pci slot and installed windows. When I booted into windows for the first time, I got a message saying that there are no connections avalible. I put in the driver disk thinking that the disk could be the solution but, after install I continue to have the same problem. When I go to change adapter settings, My adapter is there but has a red X by it. Any help would be apprciated.

A:Wireless adapter problems in new PC build

Hi welcome to the forum

whats the make and model of adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/353077-wireless-adapter-problems-new-pc-build.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi there

I have a dell Inspiron 6400, and just recently when coming out of sleep mode there is no connection available to the internet.

Windows network system reports that a reset of the wireless adapter may fix the problem (Hardware reset). Usually I end up doing a complete reboot to reset the adapter in the laptop. (Annoying)

Is there any way of getting vista to stop switching off the adapter when in sleep mode. It didn't use to do this, and I was wondering if an automatic update has caused this, or if it's a hardware problem.

Vista Business Edition, SP1, Dell Inspiron 6400 with Intel(R) Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network adapter

A:Wireless Network Adapter Problems

Yep....go to Device Manager and rt. click on the wireless adapter, select properties. In the Properties window select the Power Management tab and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device". Click on OK and restart the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-problems.757171/
Relevancy 57.19%

Bought this adapter a few hours ago and after attempting to install it have decided to console trusty techspot for advice Basically I followed the quot Easy -Step Guide quot that Belkin provide to its entirety and the result was that when I opened up the Belkin wireless utility it couldn t find a signal or even a network So first thing s first move closer to the router So I did to about m away and still nothing Hmm Then after much playing around with useless USB Belkin G Wireless Problems Adapter settings in the utility I decided to call Belkin support The guy spent minutes getting me to do this and that and ended up saying that I had to change a channel or something on my BT router Does anyone know if this could be the answer to getting connected to the network and if so how do I change Belkin G USB Wireless Adapter Problems the channel thingy As always any help advice would be greatly appreciated CJB nbsp

A:Belkin G USB Wireless Adapter Problems

some obvious things to check first;

is the router configured to ALLOW wireless (it can be off)
did you check your pc device mgr to see if the device is enabled

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-g-usb-wireless-adapter-problems.80948/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have two new wireless usb adapters:

TP-Link TL-WN722N
Cisco Linksys AE1000
I have been trying to get at least one to work with Windows 7 32-bit. I have tried the CD drivers, Microsoft update drivers, and drivers from the respective companies themselves, yet nothing works. When I go to adapter setting I can see it disabled, but when I try to enable it never does. Has anyone else been able to get these to work on Windows 7. I have tried them on Windows XP 32-bit without a problem.

Relevancy 57.19%

I m having a Adapter problems. Wireless Notebook problem with my Wireless Notebook Adapter D-Link DWL-G Version E Wireless Notebook Adapter problems. and I m running windows XP Seems whenever I plug it in it crashes my pc to the blue death screen with in a few minutes Sometimes if I m lucky minutes So I m guessing this is a driver problem with the error message in the blue screen being DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and below the STOP there being rt sys which I know is related to the adapter I tried updating the driver which there isn t an update for Seems the manufacture Wireless Notebook Adapter problems. has the same driver which I have already I ve tried uninstalling the adapter and reinstalled it But nothing seems to help I m wondering if maybe my adapter has died and I should replace it It s been working fine for over a year now and I haven t made any changes that I m aware of The pc had been off for a few days and when I started it up this started happening I don t have a nd notebook adapter to try but I can get online the wired way using the eithernet which is a quick fix but not convenient Any suggestions Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have an Asus laptop with WinVista bit adapter turning on Problems wireless Home Edition and I've been having problems with my wireless connection at home A month ago I bought a wireless router and everything went fine for some days although I had some problems when configuring my wireless connection Now my laptop's wireless adapter light won't turn on not even with the On-Off button on the side keyboard shortcut Fn F won't work too and I've downloaded Wcourier Console it worked for a couple of days but now options appear greyed-out with a little red cross over them and it won't work too check images bellow I've tried everything from system restores to reinstalling Wcourier and updating wireless adapter's software but nothing will work and the most annoying fact is that sometimes the wireless light turns on without me doing anything and it works Yet again it can last for a whole day Problems turning on wireless adapter but as soon as I restart the computer it won't work again My flat mate has an Asus Win XP lapton and everything's fine with her connection so it really isn't an Problems turning on wireless adapter acess point problem My wireless adapter simply won't work Can somebody help me

A:Problems turning on wireless adapter

Are there any settings in the BIOS to control your adaptor.
Have a look in device manager to see what is going on(look for those red x`s).
Try a restore from before it was starting to happen.
Restore the drivers from the manufacturers disk/website.
I suspect it may be a hardware failure.
Before taking it back backup all your data.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/206375-problems-turning-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an Acer Aspire with an Atheros ar b wireless adapter I recently moved to France from England and until the move Wireless network problems adapter I was able to Wireless network adapter problems connect I don't know if it's a coincidence but when I Wireless network adapter problems got to my new flat I was not able to connect to the wireless home network Other computers can and I can connect with an ethernet cable After two days of trying all the options and solutions the troubleshooter gave to no avail it suddenly connected That lasted two days and now it won't work again The troubleshooter says there's a problem with the default gateway or the network adapter The network icon tells me I'm connected but have no access then it says 'Identifying Network' then it disconnects then it identifies it connects for a second and then disconnects again I have reset the network adapter uninstalled it and installed but nothing works Do I need to buy a new adapter Help Thank you

A:Wireless network adapter problems

Quote: Originally Posted by manuelal

I have an Acer Aspire 5553 with an Atheros ar5b97 wireless adapter. I recently moved to France from England and until the move I was able to connect. I don't know if it's a coincidence but when I got to my new flat I was not able to connect to the wireless home network. Other computers can and I can connect with an ethernet cable. After two days of trying all the options and solutions the troubleshooter gave to no avail it suddenly connected. That lasted two days and now it won't work again. The troubleshooter says there's a problem with the default gateway or the network adapter. The network icon tells me I'm connected but have no access, then it says 'Identifying Network' then it disconnects, then it identifies it, connects for a second and then disconnects again. I have reset the network adapter, uninstalled it and installed but nothing works.
Do I need to buy a new adapter?
Help!
Thank you

Hi and welcome

Please run this

Start>search>CMD>IPCONFIG /ALL

Make a screenshot of the output and upload it to us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/187913-wireless-network-adapter-problems.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I came across an old thread wireless Problems in Windows adapter with in these boards that had an unsolved problem The issue was after some time idle the computer would shutdown the wireless card and lose its IP configuration and in order to restore that IP configuration both the router and the adapter had to be restarted Just like the forum experts I figured Problems with wireless adapter in Windows out it should be something with power saving The power configuration for my card in the device manager though was already set to CAM Constantly Awake Mode or something and my only Problems with wireless adapter in Windows different option was Max PSP Max Power Saving Mode which ruined my wireless card making it slow and unstable Sooo I decided to look into the USB roots configuration and each of them showed me whether there was a device plugged into it or not That Problems with wireless adapter in Windows helped me finding which root was handling the wireless card so I went to power management options for the corresponding root and unmarked quot Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power quot And yea It works nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-wireless-adapter-in-windows.970918/
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok so i just bought this linksys USB adapter from this lady for like 10 bucks. Its 802.11b instant wireless series. Now im hoping i didnt buy the wrong thing when all i wanted was a wireless card. When i go to connect to any network it just wont connect it will say aquiring network address then say not connect, any clues?? its WUSB11

A:Linksys wireless USB adapter problems

Hellfang said:

Ok so i just bought this linksys USB adapter from this lady for like 10 bucks. Its 802.11b instant wireless series. Now im hoping i didnt buy the wrong thing when all i wanted was a wireless card. When i go to connect to any network it just wont connect it will say aquiring network address then say not connect, any clues?? its WUSB11Click to expand...

The wireless adaptor is B-mode (802.11b).
Unless it has other capabilities, it will only connect to a WiFi router which supports and is configured to support B-Mode. Many routers will support multiple modes;

What brand and model router are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-wireless-usb-adapter-problems.147246/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Guys.
Me again with another problem. It's my laptop's wireless network adapter. It will work fine for say an hour then all of a sudden disables. I looked in the properties and tried to enable it and it does nothing. I can't understand whats wrong with it as it works for a while then suddenly cuts out. Really really annoying though. Makes things like playing poker online a pain in the ***. !

Pleeeeeeeease help.

Relevancy 57.19%

I am getting frequent BSODs lately and my computer restarts randomly. I suspect its the net adapter, cause when I remove it, it doesn't happen. I bought a new one, replaced it, but the old one is still listed in Devices. I can't uninstall it, so I disabled it.
Here is the dump file I got from the BSOD. I need help to determine if its really a problem with the net adapter, not with something else. Thank You.

A:Suspected faulty net adapter causing BSOD

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

NOTE: Please provide the following information for a more detailed response: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

There's not a whole bunch of info in the uploaded text file. It points to ntoskrnl.exe - which is unlikely to be the cause. we'll need the info requested above in order to massage a bit more info out of your system.

Bug, FWIW, if the BOSD's stop when you replace the network card - then that's most likely the problem.

To uninstall the old card, first remove the software for it from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program. Then, if the device is still listed in Device Manager, enable it - then right click on the device and select "Uninstall". The system may ask you if you want to remove the driver software. Check the box and click OK. Then shut the system down and physically remove the device from your system.

If the device is built into your motherboard, you'll have to disable the device in the BIOS.

Also, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:

Quote:

Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line:

Code:
Delete these registry keys to stop Driver Verifier from loading (works in XP, Vista, Win7):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel
More info on this at this link: Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Good Luck!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/suspected-faulty-net-adapter-causing-bsod-612366.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All Background I spent a whole day re-installing windows -bit and configuring it plus adding my applications and then doing all the updates The following day I spent re-partitioning my secondary HDD's so that I Faulty Adapter or Network Driver Dodgy could have a partition solely for Steam and Origin games totalling nearly a TB and then copying them from their backup to the new partition Everything was working just fine and I left Steam running updates on some of the games however when Dodgy Driver or Faulty Network Adapter I came back to see if the job had finished I discovered it had not and in actual fact it didn't get much further than when I left it but it appeared the connection was lost Under closer examination it turned out that the device manager was indicating a driver or hardware fault with my Belkin N adapter and another device a USB Hub actually a desk fan with a -port USB hub The problem To solve this I initially thought it was the driver so I uninstalled the driver restarted PC installed latest driver but straight away it reported quot Windows could not installed the device quot or whatever it says under a failed device installation Tried a different USB port - same result Next step try the older driver same result Noticing that my hub that was previously working is now not I thought it could be the intel chipset drivers that control the USB ports - however I already had the latest installed Eventually I managed to over write the newer ones with the original drivers that came with my motherboard Restarted PC and re-installed latest network adapter drivers but again failed to install correctly Installed network adapter on laptop OS XP SP -bit with latest drivers - worked perfectly Side Note originally in device manager the name of the adapter appeared but now it just says quot Universal Serial Bus USB controller quot which leads me to believe the adapters at fault yet it works under xp plus my usb hub went at the same time which tends to suggest the USB driver however I have overwritten them Any advice on how to get my adapter usb working Computer Specification Motherboard Asrock Z Extreme CPU i k GHz RAM GB DDR GPU Pallit Geforce GTS MB DDR Green Edition

A:Dodgy Driver or Faulty Network Adapter

Quick Update:
I just looked up issues with Belkin F5D5083 v3 adapter with Windows 7 64-bit and no-one has had any issues after Belkin released "2.0.0.12" Driver Version plus I had no issue with it in my prior windows installation which I had since at least beginning January this year.

Also I have managed to install a cheap network adapter I keep on standby - with no issues to speak of yet.

Quick Update 2:
I believe its a driver issue as a working USB won't even install correctly in the original USB port.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302331-dodgy-driver-faulty-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My Wireless just quit working.  The button is orange and I can't press the button to make it blue(turn it on). It's as if the wireless adapter just quit.  I found a search back in 2009 that it was a known issue but that was other laptops. That issue made reference to BIOS.  Mine is:BIOS Version/Date           Hewlett-Packard F.52, 8/26/2009 Any other things I can test/check?

A:HP Laptop Wireless Adapter will not enable anymore Pressing...

@Scooter2368? System Driver Support Page:HP G60-530US Notebook PC The wireless button only works to engage Wireless when there is a functional Wireless network setup in place. From the How-to Section: Setting Up a New Connection to a Wireless Local Area Network (Windows 7) Creating a Wireless Home Network (Windows 7) You may need to reinstall your Wireless Driver: Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Open network to find which type of Wireless driver is needed for your system. From the Troubleshooting Section for your notebook:  Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7) Troubleshoot a Lost Internet or E-mail Connection on a Wireless Network (Windows 7) Wireless Network Connection Fails When Notebook is Switched to Battery Power When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-Wireless-Adapter-will-not-enable-anymore-Pressing/td-p/5697638
Relevancy 57.19%

I cannot get my laptop to recognize my wireless adapter. The devise wont light up or anything. I have tried another device in the slot and it works. Is there anything you guys suggest I do? It has worked previously and then stopped working. When i first plugged the devise in, it said it found a new hardware. I hit the close box on it because I was going to just download the driver from the manufacturer's website. Now it wont recognize it even after I downloaded the driver.

My laptop is the following:
HP Pavillion N5340
800mhz
128mb
20gb hd
windows me

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,
Could someone please help me with this strange issue?
When my machine was waked up from standby I found my wireless network was not connected. And I also found that wireless adapter was missing from my network connections window.
After I did a reboot of my laptop, wireless adpater was back in network connections.But wireless network was not connected and I found that Power management tab was missing under device manager tab of wireless adapter. I understood that this is in someway related to S3 issue, but not sure how to get my network back.
Kindly help me in resolving this issue.
Thanks in advance.

A:Wireless adapter issue after laptop wake up from Standby

Quote: Originally Posted by Nandhini

Hi,
Could someone please help me with this strange issue?
When my machine was waked up from standby I found my wireless network was not connected. And I also found that wireless adapter was missing from my network connections window.
After I did a reboot of my laptop, wireless adpater was back in network connections.But wireless network was not connected and I found that Power management tab was missing under device manager tab of wireless adapter. I understood that this is in someway related to S3 issue, but not sure how to get my network back.
Kindly help me in resolving this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Are you connecting to the network via a router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/94734-wireless-adapter-issue-after-laptop-wake-up-standby.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello First off thanks for a great beta never seen something as tight as this in betaform from MS before the beta runs great on my desktop but on my laptop it cant recognize the wireless network adapter It recognizes all other components but not the wireless unfortunatly After a bit of searching I found out Aopen - found laptop 1557 adapter No wireless that its one of two adapters either its a Askey WLL LF b g WLAN driver or a Intel g wireless adapter I have downloaded drivers for both but none of them wants to install During the installation it told me quot this adapter is not recognized quot and in device manager I just get a yellow next to the name Since it cant recognize it it simply named the wireless card quot unknown network adapter quot When I tried to manually install the Askey adapter thru device manager it told me that there was no driver files in the folder although it was a ini with driver settings in the folder When Aopen 1557 laptop - No wireless adapter found i tried to install the Intel driver I got the good old blue screen and a code dump I tried an application from Intel to find my wireless card but it just told me there was no wireless Intel cards on the machine but Im not sure Any tips or links to proper drivers would be greatly appreciated

A:Aopen 1557 laptop - No wireless adapter found

Problem solved Got hold of a HP version of the driver (sp34487) ,like mentioned in another thread .

thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/2130-aopen-1557-laptop-no-wireless-adapter-found.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I adapter laptop no device wireless Acer aspire was logged onto the internet wirelessly one day and all of a sudden my internet goes out The orange light on the laptop under the wireless button goes off When I pressed it it said no device I have uninstalled the Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Acer aspire laptop wireless adapter no device and reinstalled it That didn t work I recovered to a prvious date That worked for about minutes and it did the same thing This happened about a month ago and I have been spending most of my time trying to fix it I Acer aspire laptop wireless adapter no device can t find anything that works I read someone else s post on here about a similar problem still unsure what to do There is an exclamation over Microsoft ISATAP Adapter in the device manager There has beeen something under Network Adapters that started with Atheros but it has disappeared so I can t remember what it was exactly Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Robin gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name RELaptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Robin gt Think you can help me It s an Acer Aspire nbsp

A:Acer aspire laptop wireless adapter no device

sounds like your wireless adapter is not recognised
post back a screen shot from device manager

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

This varies on make and model of laptop
It may just be the adapter is not seated correctly - often accessible from one of the panels on the bottom of the laptop - but not always

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-laptop-wireless-adapter-no-device.965011/
Relevancy 57.19%

(title was meant to be: XP doesn't detect sound, graphics, and wireless adapter on laptop)

Hi, I reinstalled Windows XP pro after a full format on my laptop (Toshiba Satellite Pro A100 notebook) but no graphic card or sound card is detected. Also, I can connect with wire on internet, but my Atheros wireless adapter is not found either.

I tried to run a hardware detection scan with different softwares to no avail. Now I can't search for my drivers cause I don't know the exact models of my hardware, and since I bought the laptop second-hand, I don't have any cd for those.

I know my graphic card is from ATI, but I don't know which one it is.

If someone has a solution to my problem, I'll be really grateful

Thanks in advance

A:XP doesn't sound, graphics, and wireless adapter on laptop

You need to install the drivers that should be on a CD that came with the laptop. If no CD, try here: http://209.167.114.38/support/Download/ln_byModel.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-doesnt-sound-graphics-and-wireless-adapter-on-laptop.605760/
Relevancy 57.19%

So I reinstalled Windows on my laptop last night using the Samsung recovery disc that came with it because I recently had problems getting it to start. But now that I did that the device manager on the computer can't detect either my wireless or ethernet adapters.

I don't know how to fix this problem and I really hope someone here can help

A:Device manager on my laptop can't detect my wireless adapter

Can you fill out your full specs?

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/180324-system-info-see-your-system-specs.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/355808-device-manager-my-laptop-cant-detect-my-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056 which has an internal wireless adapter and no physical swicth to turn it on/off. only by pressing fn key and F8. So the only way the laptop recognizes the wireless adapter is if I plug in the power cord, turn it off while power cord is plugged in. Before turning it on I have to unplug to power cord and then power the laptop on. That seems to be the only way the wireless adapter gets even recognized by system. Its not even in device manager. Only when I do the above procedure (which doesn't always work) is when i can connect to the internet (wifi). After wifi is connected I can connect the power cord and it functions good. ethernet port works fine. need some help(oh and i did a system restore to a previous time when it was working properly but that didnt help) Thanks in advance

A:laptop wireless adapter dissapears from device manager..... sometimes

Hi

Some laptops have a menu option in BIOS to disable WIFI and Bluetooth switches. I am not sure about Toshiba but you can give it a try.  Usually Toshiba Laptops are installed with a 'Config free utility' which is used to configure network devices. Try uninstall it and re install the latest version downloaded from the Toshiba site.

If that didn't helps try the following steps.

1.  Go to Device Manager, double click on Network  Adapters, right click on  your WIRELESS adapter, click on Power Management tab and uncheck the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and click OK.

2.  Click on the Battery Icon in the System Tray, click on More Power Options, set your Power Plan to High Performance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493248/laptop-wireless-adapter-dissapears-from-device-manager-sometimes/
Relevancy 57.19%

Why do I have to keep resetting my wireless adaptor on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series that is only 2 months old. My network says I'm connected but Explorer says I'm not connected. Doesn't make sense. HELP!!!

A:Resetting wireless adapter on Windows 8 Dell laptop

If you Uninstall by right clicking your Wireless Adapter in "Device Manager" it should find it again on restart. This is not like a normal uninstall (provided you say NO to any request to remove the software). It leaves the drivers in place then re-creates the link to them as if you had just installed new hardware. At odd times it has helped with issues.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/resetting-wireless-adapter-on-windows-8-dell-laptop/1806.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello there nbsp nbsp This is my display Issues wireless laptop to adapter connecting first time posting here apologies if I haven't chosen the right board nbsp nbsp I am having issues connecting my HP nbsp -ac na laptop Seen Here to the Wireless Display Adapter I have just bought Seen Here nbsp nbsp The adapter works with both my phone and my partner's phone perfectly Issues connecting laptop to wireless display adapter without any issues so we know that the issue is not with the adapter itself but when I go to connect my laptop it refuses to work nbsp I go to Action Centre gt Connect nbsp and the adapter MSDisplayAdapter F is visible When I click on it one of two things happens nbsp It says connected for a brief seconds approx then disconnects itself When Issues connecting laptop to wireless display adapter it is connected for those seconds the screen on the TV doesn't change just keeps saying connecting to laptop name nbsp OR nbsp The laptop says that it couldn't connect and the Wireless Display Adapter app on the laptop says Connection failed Try to connect again but after what feels like six billion attempts it still isn't working nbsp I have tried troubleshooting nbsp the issue and have tried various solutions restarting devices resetting the adapter downloading the firmware - which was quite useless as it downloaded the firmware update to my laptop via the app and then said connect to your adapter to update which I obviously can't nbsp do right now - making sure it wasn't blocked by the firewall checking for updates and updating drivers on my laptop nbsp nbsp The laptop screen also flickers periodically - like it is trying to connect to another screen nbsp as it would when connecting with nbsp HDMI in the past nbsp nbsp I bought the WDA because the HDMI port on my laptop stopped working recently suddenly - out of the blue with no reasoning behind it and I needed a way of connecting my laptop to my TV to watch shows etc Is it likely these issues are related I nbsp just thought I would mention that just in case nbsp Can anybody offer any advice at all nbsp nbsp Thank you in advance nbsp Robyn nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Issues-connecting-laptop-to-wireless-display-adapter/td-p/5817651
Relevancy 57.19%

i turned on my laptop and noticed that the light next to the swich that turns on the wireless was red eventhough the swich was in the on position so i tried to diagnose the problum and it told me that i did not have a wireless network adapter installed on my laptop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-isnt-detecting-my-wireless-network-adapter-313552.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My network card seems to have crapped out on me, and so I need a new one.

Any recommendations? It needs to be compatible with 7 64-bit and I don't wanna be paying too much.

Thanks.

A:Need a good wireless network card/adapter for laptop

If you have any other old dongle lieing about, it might work on Windows 7 already. I followed the link below and it worked for me. I was in exactly the same boat as you, looking for a Windows 7 dongle on google, and wasn't getting anywhere. Turned out I already had the solution in my desk.

Puzbie LTD: Getting USB Wireless Adapters Working with Windows 7.

Alternatively, go on any online store that allows comments and see what people have been saying. eBuyer is pretty good for that in the UK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/49993-need-good-wireless-network-card-adapter-laptop.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey Guys.

I own a HP HDX 18 notebook (Model no: X18-1101EA), and am having problems with the wireless adapter. The adapter continously registers as being disabled (whilst device manager would register it as being enabled). When I ask Windows to diagnose the problem, it says the wireless adapter is disabled, it mentions something about enabling the wireless adapter through BIOS, via. the system configuration utility menu, and going to 'Inbuilt Devices' and enabling through there. However, such an option ceases to exist on my computer.

I thought the problem might've existed because I installed Windows 7 to my computer, however, when I used the recovery CD's to put it back to its original factory settings (Vista), the problem still exists.

Any suggestions people?

A:Problems with wireless network adapter - Arrrgghh!!

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Yes the first thing to do is enter Bios F10 key as soon as computer starts up, start tapping the F10 key until you enter bios.

Go to "system configuration utility" , "Inbuilt Devices". Check and enable the device if you need to.

Let us know if it works or not....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-with-wireless-network-adapter-arrrgghh-425493.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys, I would really appreciate if someone could help me out with this. We were trying to install a TL-WN821N USB adapter on my boyfriend's desktop. The computer is running on Windows XP SP3 os, when we tried to run the installations it gives the following error message: unable to create temporary file devcon.bat permission denied, aborted installation. If anyone could explain what the problem might be and some solution, please. Thank you in advance.

A:Topic: Please Help, Problems with Installing Wireless USB Adapter

Hi Yarea....welcome to TSF!!

I'm going to move this thread to Windows XP Support - Tech Support Forum ......hang on for the ride!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/topic-please-help-problems-with-installing-wireless-usb-adapter-561615.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an HP dv5-1002nr notebook PC from 2008 (piece of junk if you ask me, but that's another issue).

Way back when I first bought this computer, the wireless adapter driver would get corrupted every time the computer would overheat. At the time, I was shown how I could reinstall the Atheros wireless adapter driver from my Recovery Manager.

I have since solved all the overheating issues, but this morning, the Atheros driver disappeared (or was corrupted) again, and I have tried reinstalling it several times, both from the Recovery Manager and from the HP driver web site.

The files will load, and the installation wizard goes through, but then even after I reboot, the driver still doesn't show up in my network device manager settings, and the network wireless adapter still won't turn on.

HELP!!!!!

A:Problems with Atheros wireless adapter drivers

Hello and welcome thefourwinds , starting to sound like maybe a hardware issue here, are you still able to connect with it wired ? I am thinking hard ware issue based on the fact that you say the driver will not load up . However, have you tried uninstalling that driver and then reloading fresh one ?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/294695-problems-atheros-wireless-adapter-drivers.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey everyone I feel problems USB/power failures? Wireless Adapter like Wireless Adapter problems USB/power failures? my computer is having some serious problems or will be very soon Its with my internet Our home has a lynksys router im not sure wat kind but a damn good one and i bought a Belkin N Wireless network adapter for my PC Its been working hitch free for a long time other than that fact i am quite far from the router and have low signal strength in my home network I get really fast download speeds and great latency for gaming Recently however ive been getting a lot of hitches with my internet adapter Often times the windows will make that quot USB out quot sound almost randomly and I disconnect from the net even though my adapter is plugged in and recieving power IT will often do this several times in a row Or it will connect to the internet then lose the connection but stay connected to the network then try and reconnect to the internet and keep repeating over and over again as shown on the Belkin utility program thats alaways running At some points it will lose the connection completely I would ve said that justs sounds like an adapter too far from the router but the other thing is sometimes the power light on the thing would give out and stay out and id have to replug it back into the USB port to try to start it up again or disable enable it in Device Manager Its never done that before The other wierd thing is when i replug it i get this little message from windows saying that my USB Device can perform much faster in a USB hi speed port I ve tried every USB port on my PC and even removed all other USB devices except my mouse but this message will randomly pop up regardless of the port Its never done this before its always worked fine Typically when the thing is connecting to the network the power light blinks repeatedly for a few seconds But when I get that little error message saying it can peform faster i notice the light blinking A LOT slower than it should be Sometimes Windows wont recognize it or it say it didnt connect properly Im not sure wats going on but it almost sounds like a power issue I m not sure wat to make of it Suggestions I cant say for sure but it almost seemed to start doing this when i updated my PC a few nights ago via Automatic Updates something i have been neglecting for some time Could anything draining power from the USB ports The only thing i could imagine is my Radeon vidcard which has been having some bad issues as well Keep in mind it doesnt ALWAYS do this sometimes itll connect and work fine But i gotta hassle through minutes to get it to stay connected Suggestions welcome nbsp

A:Wireless Adapter problems USB/power failures?

Your computers power supply may be too weak for it's load demand now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-adapter-problems-usb-power-failures.110922/
Relevancy 56.76%

The built-in WLAN in my laptop stopped working, so I bought a USB WLAN adapter. I quickly realized that Windows 7 does not share wireless network connections between different adapters. So my questions are:

1. Is there a way to make Win7 share wireless connections across adapters?
2. Failing that, is there a way to port connections from one adapter to another?
3. Is there a way to export/import wireless networks to a human-readable file (e.g. XML) for back up and future usage?

Thanks!

A:Win7 wireless adapter and network problems

it should have seen the adapter and worked - the reason it does not - may be why your built in wlan does not work

lets see an ipconfig /all and device manager and xirrus screen shot

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/0047...etup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi...uide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use iStumbler 99
-
Device Manager
Post back the results in device manager
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

how to access device manager for different windows versions
How do I get into Windows Device Manager?

windows key and pause Key should open to allow device manager to be seen on laptops may need to use windows key + FN key + Pause Key
if not then

Windows 7 or Vista
Click on the Start Orb
In the Start Search box type
device manager and then press enter

-------------------

Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}&g... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-wireless-adapter-and-network-problems-644609.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I'm trying to get my WGA54G to work with my wireless network. I have a WRT54G router, and a few other wireless adapters throughout the house. I updated the firmware on the game adapter to the xbox live certified 1.10 firmware, and I tried it out on a PC ahead of time, and works perfectly. However, once I hook it up to the xbox 360, it doesn't give an IP address, and the connection tests fail. The xbox recognizes that it is a wireless bridge, but that is about it. Does anyone know any setting I should change on either the xbox or the WGA54G? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wireless-game-adapter-and-360-problems.506022/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I have a PII Win se MB RAM machine where until yesterday a Linksys PCI adapter WMP G was working perfectly For some stupid reason I decided to try to get my PCs the other one is almost identical to network Somehow the wireless card stopped working So I have contacted Linksys support times and reinstalled the software adpater about times No luck As of now the main problem is that when I click on the Problems adapter Linksys wireless installing WLAN monitor I get Problems installing Linksys wireless adapter an quot WMP G causd in invalid page fault in module lt unknown gt etc quot If I don t close Problems installing Linksys wireless adapter the error window but rather look at the setting for the IP address etc on the WLAN everything looks good I feel that the adpater should work if someone can just figure out the invalid page fault My adapter is version and I installed the drivers monitor directly from the CD As I said it was working perfectly for many months until last night Thanks for any help Jordan Krim nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

My internet on my laptop keeps cutting off, it keeps saying there is a problem with wireless adapter or access point. My brother has a laptop too and he doesn't experience any problems.

A:Problems with wireless adapter or access apoint

Do you get the same problem with an ethernet connection?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show for when you have a good connection and for when it has "cut off" ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-wireless-adapter-or-access-apoint.1072685/
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm using a Microsoft MN-510 Wireless adapter to connect to our wireless router (also Micrsoft.) The problem I'm having is that when I turn on the computer it doesn't detect it and i have to unplug it and plug it back in, sometimes twice, to get it to detect it. It's not really a big deal, just a minor annoyance.

Any tips?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-dectecing-the-mn-510-wireless-adapter-on-startup.699779/
Relevancy 56.76%

After the same grief I had upgrading to I was finally able to upgrade to anniversary version My anniversary 10 Wireless to problems USB upgrade since adapter wireless usb adapter worked flawlessly for internet access all through the update however once completed and it restarted to the update my usb adapter went south I uninstalled the driver Netgear WNDA v and tried to re-install from the DVD but at the point that it said to attach the device I was left with the window to wait that the application was proceeding After hour I had to reboot Then went into the Device manager where this driver did show and went through the re-install After several minutes received an error that it could not install Figuring a new adapter would work purchased a Linksys WUSB M with the same results Windows doesn't recognize the adapter when plugged in and cannot install the software as it just stops way through it Tried Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary re-booting but again nothing I now have no internet to see if a Windows update would Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary provide a driver Disgusted with Windows once again

A:Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary

There are some people with WiFi problems around.
And seems that the best are this 2 options that most sure to help:
1) Roll-Back to previous OS
2) Repair Windows wiht In-Place Upgrade - Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64447-wireless-usb-adapter-problems-since-upgrade-10-anniversary.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I've been having some trouble connecting to the internet via a wireless connection My network is set up as follows Motorola cable modem connected to an EnGenius ESR router I have one pc connected to the router via ethernet and about - laptops connected wirelessly all without any issues I'm having trouble connecting a second pc the the network wirelessly via a D-Link DWA - adapter rev A2 D-Link DWA-125 Wireless problems connection usb with rev A usb wireless adapter The PC having trouble connecting is running Windows Home Premium x service pack It's using a Gigabyte I XC-G motheboard with an Intel Pentium GHz processor The Wireless connection problems with D-Link DWA-125 rev A2 usb adapter DWA- network adapter is installed with the version driver from http www dlink com sg support supp idproduct I skipped the automatic installation that installs a wireless connection manager program and updated the driver via device manager Currently this pc is Wireless connection problems with D-Link DWA-125 rev A2 usb adapter located about m from the router in the same room with two macbooks behind one door The mabcooks have no trouble connecting to the network The pc has a very bad intermittent connection although windows shows there a signal strength of out of bars in the status window and a speed ranging from up to Mbps The status window shows no IPv or IPv connectivity to the internet On a few occasions usually immediately after I boot up the pc I have been able to connect to the internet and access websites through the browser After a while the problem resurfaces Sometimes I am able to get a ping response from both the router and google com However at other times pings to both the router and external websites time out Oddly enough the one time I tried moving the pc next to the router I had no issues using the wireless connection at least for a while I've attached a diagnostic log from windows when running the automatic troubleshooter The troubleshooter was unable to resolve the problem

A:Wireless connection problems with D-Link DWA-125 rev A2 usb adapter

With the signal strength that low your connection will be marginal at best.

Other than adding a better antenna to the router or extending the USB adaptor with a USD extension cord to a better location, I can't think of anything else that will increase the signal strength other than adding an access point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229649-wireless-connection-problems-d-link-dwa-125-rev-a2-usb-adapter.html
Relevancy 56.76%

A few days ago I turned on my computer to find it was not connecting to my home wireless network. It then went to the Blue Screen of Death with an explanation I was able to link to issues with the wireless adapter. I was able to find a driver update on the HP site that said it was fixing the error and after downloading and installing it connectivity returned and worked fine for the rest of the evening. However, every time I turn the computer off and then on it reverts to the same problem and is now also adjusting the brightness of the screen to a darker setting for no apparent reason. I am using a HP Pavilion dv6 with Windows 7. I see a lot of posts with similar issues but I cannot figure out if this is something that I can fix or if the wireless card is shot. Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 56.76%

Firstly Hello

Right, to the point, i run a Belking wireless G gaming adapter through which i use my xbox 360. My NAT type is moderate and i don't know how to change it!

I have changed all the settings on the router itself, following advise from forums etc. and i know that all works, as i have connected my xbox to my laptop via network sharing and that all works. So i know its a problem with the adapter. I really dont know what to do, ive searched the internet forums and no one seems to have the same problem. Has anyone got any ideas?

A:Problems with Belkin Wireless G Gaming adapter

If it is like my wireless D-Link gaming adapter, you connect it to the PC via the LAN port and access the software built into the gaming adapter by typing its IP address into the browser address box. Once you access it, you can make any changes. You will need instructions as to what IP address to use. Go to Belkin's website for specific info.

I'm actually using my adapter not for a gaming console but for a PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-belkin-wireless-g-gaming-adapter.140177/
Relevancy 56.76%

I am problems adapter Solved: D-Link wireless trying to install a D-Link G AirPlus G wireless adapter in a desktop computer running Windows XP All other requirements for CPU and memory are met and exceeded The Solved: D-Link wireless adapter problems instructions are to install the software BEFORE installing the hardware But when I insert the CD and it starts and I click on quot Install Drivers quot a box comes up with this message quot Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of it s components quot The only option it gives me is quot Okay quot or quot Cancel quot I am not trying to remove I want to install But I thought I would clear it and start fresh so I went to quot Add Remove programs quot and it showed the D-Link program I tried to remove it and it appears to go Solved: D-Link wireless adapter problems through the process but it does not remove it from the installed programs list I don t know what to do now nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Boy am I glad you advised to run your sysinfo it reminded me that I uninstalled an antivirus package and forgot to install the new one I have an SMCWBR S-N router and I m using a usb wireless adapter that says it supports n and promises speeds of mbps My signal strength is excellent yet my speed is only mbps This is the only wireless connection on my network I have PCs connected at mbps and a Dish Wireless runs adapter only Solved: w/150mbps Laptop at USB 54mbps DVR connected at who knows what speed I ve been trying to read questions and answers from others online and I keep reading that ISP speed plays a role How does my ISP s speed affect my wireless network s speed Plus I run speedtest net all the time and my download speed is Solved: Laptop w/150mbps USB Wireless adapter only runs at 54mbps usually mbps But my question is simply why is my speed so low and what can I do about it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm Mobile Technology ML- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI MOBILITY RADEON XPRESS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Solved: Laptop w/150mbps USB Wireless adapter only runs at 54mbps D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard B Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

When attempting to enable this device I get "Attempting to Authenticate" message but no connection although it sees the available network. Have tried resetting cable modem, router, and restart of computer. Attempts to diagnose and repair by the computer fail and I receive a message that the problem cannot be fixed by the computers resources.

Any suggestions for next steps?

A:Atheros ar9485wb-eg wireless adapter/Samsung Laptop Troubles

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Have you tried changing the wireless security to Open just to test it out if you're able to connect, then try WEP, WPA or WPA2? It's best if you can use WPA2.....

Have you also tried connecting your laptop to another wireless networks - Public or Hotspots?

Also, from your computer can you please post a Xirrus snip. Download, install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.
To run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, double click the Xirrus icon on your Desktop, you may use the Windows 7 snipping tool to crop or Paint by tapping the Print screen key on your keyboard, open up Paint (Click on Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint) then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then save it and please attach the file on your next post.

Can you also post ipconfig/all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286858-atheros-ar9485wb-eg-wireless-adapter-samsung-laptop-troubles.html