Windows Support Forum

PREVIOUS COMPUTER CRASH/DUE TO WINDOWS UPDATE....RECOVERY DONE...NOW IMPORTANT WEBSITE UNACCESSIBLE....HELP

Q: PREVIOUS COMPUTER CRASH/DUE TO WINDOWS UPDATE....RECOVERY DONE...NOW IMPORTANT WEBSITE UNACCESSIBLE....HELP

I'M GETTING THIS MESSAGE WHEN I GO TO ONLY ONE WEBSITE....

An issue prevented Internet Explorer from displaying the web page. Click the button above to launch HP Network Check to automatically diagnose and repair the issue.<o:p></o:p><u1:p></u1:p>
About HP Network Check

Can automatically detect, diagnose and repair many common network issues

Integrated with Windows Network Diagnostics Framework, so it runs both simultaneusly

Provides clear instructions to resolve issues that cannot be fixed automatically

Shows key system and network information for easier troubleshooting

WHEN I ALLOW DIAGNOSIS...NO ISSUE IS DETERMINED....INDICATES 'NO ISSUE FOUND WITH CONNECTION. HOW ONE OR TWO ISSUES WITH INTERNET WEBSITE (?)...
IT'S JUST AN EMPLOYMENT WEBSITE.....NOT COMPUTER SAAVY....NOT OFFENDED FOR A DUMBDOWN....THANK YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0bfb3377-04d7-4bcb-a868-522eda8a4a40/previous-computer-crashdue-to-windows-updaterecovery-donenow-important-website?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PREVIOUS COMPUTER CRASH/DUE TO WINDOWS UPDATE....RECOVERY DONE...NOW IMPORTANT WEBSITE UNACCESSIBLE....HELP

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 68.8%

Hello As you can see by the title I am having several problems but I believe they are all caused by the same malware Platform Windows XP SP quot all quot updates F-Secure Internet Security Firefox as preferred browser The symptoms If I click on a google search result I am occasionally redirected away from the actual unaccessible, redirects, etc. crashes, Windows update explorer Cmd.exe Google freezes, website to some other website usually an ad and I must go Google redirects, Cmd.exe unaccessible, explorer crashes, Windows update freezes, etc. back Google redirects, Cmd.exe unaccessible, explorer crashes, Windows update freezes, etc. to get the real site If I attempt to Google redirects, Cmd.exe unaccessible, explorer crashes, Windows update freezes, etc. run Cmd exe from the run dialog nothing appears and explorer crashes the blue bar at the bottom goes away which I believe is indication of this then when it reloads my tray bar is missing several of its components I have also tried to run cmd exe from a file browser but it will just not run However if I copy the file and rename it to foo exe then it runs just fine Windows update shows me a single high priority update NET Framework Service Pack but when I try to install it it freezes Frequent quot generic hos process quot crashes caused by svchost exe As opposed to other people I have seen posting with similar problems I have no problems accessing web sites belonging to antivirus companies or bleepingcomputer com Attempted fixes I ran ATF cleaner F-Secure full scan found nothing Kaspersky online scan found nothing Malware Bytes Anti Malware found nothing Strangely it could not update itself so I had to download the latest database file manually Super Antispyware found nothing GMER exe - I was not allowed to run the file until I renamed it to something else It ran all night and I didn t see any warnings does it write a log where in the morning GooredFix found nothing What confuses me even more is that my PC now seems to be ok The most visible sign is that cmd exe works again and I also managed to run Windows update and install an update and MBAM can update itself Still I m worried that whatever malware I had is still lurking around inside my PC I would greatly appreciate if someone recognizes this problem and knows what caused it and then suggests a way of checking removing the specific thing Thanks in advance for any advice suggestions help

A:Google redirects, Cmd.exe unaccessible, explorer crashes, Windows update freezes, etc.

Let's run an online virus scan called Kaspersky or KAV for shorthttp://www.kaspersky.com/virusscannerusing Internet Explorer.Please disable your resident Antivirus before performing the scan and re-enable it afterward.Choose the online scanner option1. At the main page. Press on "Accept". After reading the contents.2. At the next window Select Update. Allow the Database to update.Note: If prompted to run or update your Java, then follow the prompts to do so. Kaspersky requires Java to run.3. Once the Database has finished, under the Scan icon Select My Computer to start the scan. The scan may take a few minutes to complete.4. Select Scan Report.5. If any threats were found they will appear in the report6. Select "Save error report as"Then in the file name just type in kasperskyUnder "save as type" select text .txt Save it to your Desktop.Please post the KAV scan report in your next reply.after a reboot/restart Please download and run Processexplorerhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb896653.aspxUnder file and save as, create a log and post here copy and paste into a reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222357/google-redirects-cmdexe-unaccessible-explorer-crashes-windows-update-freezes-etc/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Dell XPS M and I run Windows XP For several months now I am been unable to do Windows Update I will go to do another to unaccessible Update, to Unable redirecting getting Windows browser, Popups, and trojans tools and click on Windows Update and nothing happens I have also typed in www windowsupdate com and it will not go Unable to do Windows Update, getting Popups, redirecting to another browser, and trojans unaccessible to the site Also when I try to click on a link in IE it will redirects me to a site that has nothing that I googled Now if I open it in another tab then it does open correctly Also if Im just doing nothing I get another window that just opens up or I will get these pop ups I do not click on them But I don t know what to do about it I also did a scan tonight and it stated there were several trojans that were unaccessible C windows system wuaucltexe memory b and also C windows ExplorerEXE memory a I hope you can help me I did have viruses that came on my computer about a month ago I did get the first one off but the second one I had to go to a professional to get it off But even before then I couldn t get Windows update and I couldn t click on a link straight because it would open with something else Thank you in advance I tried to post this on my computer put it wouldn t let me

A:Unable to do Windows Update, getting Popups, redirecting to another browser, and trojans unaccessible

Your computer is probably serious infected. Follow the steps on the article: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344123/unable-to-do-windows-update-getting-popups-redirecting-to-another-browser-and-trojans-unaccessible/
Relevancy 66.65%

be truthful to the public. I have been reading a lot about people ditching windows and going to Linux. I wonder why. wow I used to love and trust windows. now I don't know anymore. you all have become something other than wonderful like I used to think.
too bad. maybe I should learn Linux too. windows is probably a habit lots of people will learn to break. scary. Be honest about your updates. ty.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adfd864d-cfe8-4d34-8f4e-166e72a3a04a/why-cant-i-uninstall-an-update-todays-update-is-making-my-computer-act-unruly-i-hate-that-if?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I have a Windows x machine that is permanently stuck trying to install the same update I have followed various posts loops to install with important Windows Update updates" computer your a "Restart off of MS websites to rename SoftareDistribution etc but none have helped HAve tried Boot intoClean Boot Mode and try updating again Run the Microsoft Fixit and see how it works nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp How do I reset Windows Update components Try System Update Readiness tool by referring toWhat is the System Update Readiness Tool Run System File Checker tool and see how it works The WindowsUpdateClient log posts the error x bc CBS log has the following - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd Parent Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd Disposition Detect VersionComp EQ ServiceComp GE BuildComp GE DistributionComp GE RevisionComp GE Exist present - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Superseded - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd disposition state from detectParent Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl Evaluating package applicability for package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd applicable state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp e CSI Transaction x fa initialized for deployment engine d d c- d - d - d- c b with flags and client id quot TI quot - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp f Pending transaction content must be resolved cannot begin another transaction yet - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get transaction analysis because of pending operations Disposition from Analyze x HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI Transaction x fa destroyed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to load current component state HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to find or add t... Read more

A:Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates"

Thanks Alex
I had already tried the steps in the post you linked.
In the end I have had to reinstall Windows 7 over the top (keeping all settings) and this has fixed the issue with Windows Updates.
It is frustrating that I could not find a solution as I do not like glossing over the issues without first finding a solution but unfortunately it was not my pc and time was against me.
Thanks for all the replies.
Simon

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f374ba3-b5fc-4374-be3c-6ed5462c0903/windows-update-loops-with-a-quotrestart-your-computer-to-install-important-updatesquot?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 63.64%

Windows Vista SP1 (KB936330) update keeps coming back as important update after installing it several times. I look at updates history and it show the same update already installed several times. Service Pack 1 (KB936330). I don't see update for Service
Pack 2 though. Can someone advice please, I am not sure what to do. I'd appreciate an advice. Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13040f9f-69e6-472f-82c0-6a04955a1674/windows-vista-sp1-kb936330-update-keeps-coming-back-as-important-update-after-installing-it?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 63.64%

last night we had a heap of updates and today I can only get the computer to come up with things like start at last operating position or safe start etc but no matter what I do it just restarts over and over again.
I tried the windows disc but it starts to fix but nothing happens

A:xp windows update crash computer

Boot the computer with the XP CD in. Press R to get to the Recovery Console. Here type chkdsk /F and press enter. Check Disk will try and fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-windows-update-crash-computer-670091.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have two computers in the house on 8.1. I noticed yesterday that on one computer, a certain update was listed as optional, while on the other computer it was listed as important (ftr it was update 3132080). This is not the first time I've noticed that an update is listed differently on the two computers. Anyone know why this is? There really isn't much difference in the setup between the two computers.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/73928-update-optional-one-computer-important-another-why.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello all

When executing Windows Update, I experienced that one important update is not automatically selected to download and install.

I like to understand why this is?

Also I like to understand if I should always install all important updates, even the ones not by default selected?

In this example, the not selected update refers to MS09-054 security update. Is this a manual installed security update?
Does it not apply to me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

zx81

A:Windows Update, important update not selected

Not all users experience the issue that this update resolves. MS is providing you the oportunity to use the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" logic.

I applied the update even though I have no evidence that I need it. Yet.

Some updates will adversely affect some users. Not applying updates may adversely affect you.

What can you do? My advice - apply all updates. Unless you have a good reason not to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35094-windows-update-important-update-not-selected.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey My month and half old Acer V started to give BSOD's did some sort of recovery and started working again for a couple of hours if not trying to recovery total crash and BSOD crash/failure and windows access any Windows files If tried to look up error logs etc it gave different versions of the BSOF So I tried to run Recovery getting it back to factory settings and that's when Windows crashed completely I followed Acer customer support advice ordered recovery discs couldn't create BSOD and total windows crash and recovery crash/failure one because Windows crashed when trying it I got the recovery discs ran the recovery which ended up giving me failure because of quot missing image-something quot Another call to Acer and they told to run different recovery version from the puter That recovery end to a failure again After several restarts and what not windows started up again being slower than usual I'm now having constant problems losing internet connection I've had couple minidumbs and several issues with windows updater and such and these after machine should be back in the factory settings Anyhow here's the last log if anyone could take a look on it before I throw this machine to the wall

A:BSOD and total windows crash and recovery crash/failure

For starters:

At work we start all repairs with a set of diagnostics. Often they find problems that weren't even expected. It's a waste of time to try to fix software on a system that has hardware problems.
Please try these free diagnostics for starters: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
Also, please ensure that you have ALL available Windows Updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

In particular, start with the hard drive diagnostics as I suspect that is the problem.

Although there's only 2 memory dumps (it usually takes 4 or 5 to conclude if it's a hardware error or not) - the repeated failure of factory installs makes a hardware failure the most likely problem here. Please run the diagnostics that I suggested above and let us know the results.

There are a list of drivers that need updating (because the recovery media was made a while ago). Don't worry about them until you've finished the hardware diagnostics. If all the diagnostics pass, then update the drivers.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

NTIDrvr.sys Mon Apr 19 21:39:04 2010 (4BCD05B8)
NTI CD-ROM Filter Driver by NewTech Infosystems (likely a part of Acer Empowering Technology)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NTIDrvr.sys

UBHelper.sys Tue Jul 6 00:20:31 2010 (4C32AF0F)
NTI CD &DVD-Maker or NTI Backup NOW! or NTI CD-Maker by NewTech Infosystems (usually in Acer Empowering Technology)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=UBHelper.sys

mwlPSDFilter.sys Fri Mar 25 03:12:11 2011 (4D8C404B)
EgisTec Inc. Fingerprint Biometrics
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwlPSDFilter.sys

mwlPSDNServ.sys Fri Mar 25 03:12:13 2011 (4D8C404D)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwlPSDNServ.sys

mwlPSDVDisk.sys Fri Mar 25 03:12:23 2011 (4D8C4057)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwlPSDVDisk.sys

k57nd60a.sys Wed Oct 19 16:17:36 2011 (4E9F3060)
Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.x Unified Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=k57nd60a.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu May 16 21:43:28.027 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\051613-86156-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:0 days 0:01:17.757
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!NtSetSystemPowerState+878 )
BugCheck C000021A, {fffff8a004213bd0, ffffffffc000012f, fffff8a0001a3b60, 0}
BugCheck Info: WINLOGON_FATAL_ERROR (c000021a)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8a004213bd0, String that identifies the problem.
Arg2: ffffffffc000012f, Error Code.
Arg3: fffff8a0001a3b60
Arg4: 0000000000000000
Arg2: ffffffffc000012f, Error Code.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc000021a_c000012f
PROCESS_NAME: smss.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc000021a_c000012f_nt!NtSetSystemPowerState
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Thu May 16 19:42:59.249 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\051613-44187-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:0 days 0:34:29.979
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+23f50 )
BugCheck 7A, {4, 0, fffffa800655b990, 1ffef7d0}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: 0000000000000000, er... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/25251-bsod-total-windows-crash-recovery-crash-failure.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Windows Update has often put my system in some interesting situations and I truly never want to update ever again I recently reinstalled my system and the last time I did updates my system prompted me to restart and was instead left hanging on the quot shutting down quot message for an important? Windows Update Is hour forcing me to shut it down improperly Truth is I don't use any Microsoft apps except Windows Explorer and I only browse sites that I know are generally safe Instead of using Internet Explorer I use Firefox with NoScript Ghostery WOT Adblock Plus and I've even updated the main plugins Java etc I also have Malwarebytes and Norton as well I've also never Is Windows Update important? understood the importance of Is Windows Update important? driver updates either my system seems to run the same with or without them I'm even beginning to think that updating is causing my system to work harder in the background rather than when it was in factory condition but is this true So many questions

A:Is Windows Update important?

You have some good anti-malware software and keep Java updated, yet you fail to see the significance of keeping the operating system updated........??????

Fact : your system is more secure and runs better if the OS is updated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/272922-windows-update-important.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,
I'am downloading very important files but I'm afraid that my computer might switch off because windows update gave me a notice that the computer will switch off after an update and the maximum amount of time you can postpone the computer to switch off is 4 hours (That's what I done). I will not be able to use the computer for more than 4 hours.
So this is what I did>> I think I turned windows update off by choosing the option of 'Never check for update (not recommended).

Now the question is> Will my computer switch off within 4 hours after I leave it?
If it will, then how can I make it not switch off.

PLEASE NOTE: The download is NOT resumable.
EDIT: I'm using Windows 7.

Thank you for reading.

A:[IMPORTANT] Windows Update

In my experience if you are still using the computer at the end of that 4 hours it will give you another warning and you will be able to postpone it again for another 4 hours. Then repeat process until the download is done. I am not sure if turning updates off will have stopped the countdown.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-windows-update-503478.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I had a narrow sign saying on a website saying, I broke the law and unless I pay a certain amount 500.00 by 40 days my computer will crash? I have windows 7, and Norton, I did not click on anything, but logged off immediately , and ran Norton eraser, with no virus found. However I am still worried that in 40 days my computer will crash. I do not know if the intrusion was blocked for sure. Everything is working now perfectly, and there has been no signs of anything in control of windows 7 of my computer. But now am I still in danger of this as maybe a hacker, that could crash my computer in the future? Or not?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sign-came-up-on-website-must-pay-a-fine-or-computer-will-crash-in-40-days.1155066/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Win 8/64 bit ... how necessary is this update? i get notices but choose what i install - thanks in advance"
KB3095108 Updated APN database entry for Transatel (France, Worldwide) network for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/73473-windows-update-kb3095108-important.html
Relevancy 60.2%

When Windows 8.1 pro starts up a message saying Windows Update. Important updates are available Go to PC, it stays very briefly.

Checking Windows updates it says no updates so I checked for updates and it found none, I have Windows update to Install update automatically.

Has any one else had this message or know what the cause is?

Walter

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69587-windows-update-important-updates-available-go-pc.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Forum,

One of my Windows updates (one of nine) failed earlier, but when I opened up my Update window again to see if I could retry, it doesn't give you the option to do it (first time in five years with this computer it has happened - ALL my updates have been successful). It shows the failed update in the Update History, but does not give you the option to install it again. How can I try to install that update again even though I can't locate the option to do it? Thank you.

A:One Important Windows Update Failed

There is usually a download from Microsoft's website.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300079-one-important-windows-update-failed.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My PC has told me that there's an important Windows 7 update to install, but whenever I try, I'm told that the installation has failed.

Attached is the pop up I get with the details of the failure.

Any ideas how I can remedy the error? Thanks.

A:Can't install Important Windows Update

Hi try running sfc /scannow How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-install-important-windows-update-586406.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update for me so I attempted to install it However when it was done I was told that the installation failed I restarted the computer and attempted to install it again but it still failed I looked into more detail on what I was installing which was Microsoft NET Framework KB and went to the site it was based on and attempted to install it from there When the setup came up however I recieved this message quot KB v does not apply or is blocked by another condition on your computer quot I'm not entirely sure what this means and since this keeps Windows 7 for Important failing Update is apparently an important update for my laptop I ask if there is a way I can solve the problem also it's Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing getting irritating to have my laptop keep on reminding me to update something that Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing fails to update Thank you P S I don't know if this helps but my laptop has Norton

A:Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing

Norton may be blocking it, especially seeing this "KB2468871v2 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer."

Read this KB2468871 System Update Install Error&#33; &#40;error 643&#41; - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/208499-important-update-windows-7-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys,

I'm wondering why this security patch for a zero day flaw in IE 11 is not checked by default? Surely it should be.

A:KB2964358 Important update (but not that important)

Don't know why.
I usually manually check one or right click on one & hide it.
I hide all bing desktop updates.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45596-kb2964358-important-update-but-not-important.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My HD on my Toshiba Satellite M -S went bad so Windows showing update available No important updates I reinstalled a new one and used the Toshiba System recovery DVDs to restore my laptop back to the factory condition Windows Windows update showing No important updates available Home Premium bit Initially Windows Update showed important updates to which I was able to download and install without any problems But now Windows Update refuses to show any additional important updates IE SP Windows update showing No important updates available etc and states quot No important updates available quot I came across the following thread on Toshiba's forum but the recommendations there did not help either - After Restoring to New Hard Disk No Windows Updat - TOSHIBA FORUMS I tried the following Made sure the Windows install was genuine and activated Installed the Intel Rapid Storage Tech driver dated from toshibas website Installed Hot Fix as recommended on Toshiba's forum Ran the SURT Ran a SFC Scan no errors found I've uploaded a few screenshots as well as the CBS folder I had to split up files in the CBS folder across multiples ZIP files as it exceeded the file size for posting in the forum I'm at a total loss and have no clue on how to update my machine and any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Windows update showing No important updates available

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file
I can see no problems in either the CBS or CheckSUR logs (haven't looked through the history yet, though)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289297-windows-update-showing-no-important-updates-available.html
Relevancy 59.34%

DO NOT let windows update dl and instal drivers for hardware devices such as video cards, sound cards automatically. If it detects an update for a device, go download it from the manufacturers website directly, (nvidea users, nvidea has a nice little auto-detect feature on their site so you cant get the wrong driver). only let windows update dl and install updates for microsoft products only.

A:IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR WINDOWS 7 UPDATE USERS:

No problems here with NVIDIA, Realtek or IDT drivers installing via Windows Updates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-notice-for-windows-7-update-users-566695.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I have a problem with updates that try to install every time PC restart.
They give me everytime error code 80070490 and if I try to press Try again then give me error code 8024AFFF.
I try to solve the problem with Microsoft FixIt, then update was installed succesfully, but after restart they try to install it again (everytime the same update) and give the same error.

I found some solution on the net that not work for me:
1. Windows Update error 80070490
2. Error code 0x80070490 when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
3. Code Error 80070490 checking for Windows Updates - Microsoft Community

I not use first option becouse I not have original DVD, I have a PC with preinstalled system Windows 7 Home Premium.

Anyone have any ideo how to solve this problem?

A:Windows Important Security Update Error

Since it's 18 hours since you posted this with no response, I'd say it may be because you didn't provide the info that this forum requires. Run the SURT program, the sfc scan, and post the logs that are requested in the instructions found here:
Windows Update Posting Instructions
Hopefully then you get a better response. I'm new here too and just learning the ropes, BTW.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300059-windows-important-security-update-error.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I'm new to this site, but am struggling with a windows update.  I have followed others' suggestions, and installed other Windows Updates from the same period one at a time, but this one always fails.  Someone suggested using malwarebytes and then trying again, but that didn't work either.  Anyone else found a solution to this problem?  

A:Windows Important Update KB2800095 will not instal

Maddylondon

What is your operating system, antivirus? What kind of error shows? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542389/windows-important-update-kb2800095-will-not-instal/
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows calls KB3193414 update important, but when I click for more details, it just takes me to a page that's an advertisement to buy Windows 10. [https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows] I don't want Windows 10 because I'm still using media center and one piece of hardware I don't want to buy again.

Does anyone know more about this update? When I check MSE, it says it's up to date.

A:Windows calls KB3193414 update important, but...

Can you take a screenshot of your windows update? That doesn't seem like a valid update number. Haven't seen that one on any of my systems. Google search doesn't bring up anything for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401125-windows-calls-kb3193414-update-important-but.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Im not able to find any windows important windows updates it gives me this code 0x80190194 and system cannot determine vulome of drive just before the welcome screen for my password please help.

A:Windows Update not able to find important updates 0x80190194

Are you saying that you are unable to actually load Windows to your profile?
What happens if you attempt to boot to either Safe Mode, or Last Known Good Configuration?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337502-windows-update-not-able-find-important-updates-0x80190194.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have W7 Professional and 'Windows Update' shows 2 important updates.I click on update but it fails with error error code 800B0100. Clicking on 'get help' does not provide a solution. Can anyone help please?

A:Windows update shows 2 important but download fails

What are the 2 updates ?

Did you google the error code.

You could have newer versions of them, if it keeps up, just hide the updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/358208-windows-update-shows-2-important-but-download-fails.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Could someone advise me how I should proceed I am partway through cleaning my PC from various hijacksbut because IE crashes I cannot get windows update andcannot run any online scans Trend Micro does supportFirefox but that also does nothing ie Firefox onlyshows quot transferring data Crash Infections, Other And 3721 Cnsmin Ie Oe Windows.update Crash, And quot and 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash never gets to theLaunching House call button IE crashes on all these scan sites bitdefender comhousecall trendmicro compandasoftware comIE does not crash on other sites such as news bbc co uk ortiscali co uk I have followed these steps after searching Help Topics for CnsMin and in Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log and done Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files ran latest Spybot with latest definitions both normal 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash mode and Safe Mode with Ad-Aware normal mode Online scans all tried and failed as IE crashed on each site Ran AVG Grisoft McAfee Stinger ran - nothing found Microsoft firewall was 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash already enabled Windows updates crashes in IE HijackThis ranMy brother who is helping me via email has sent me instructionshttp www spyany com program article spy rm CnsMin htmlon removing CnsMin but the registry editor instructionslook behind my abilities This site explains the CnsMin in detail but does not offerany removal instructions http www ca com securityadvisor pest pe px id Should I post a HijackThis log anyway in the right forum of course or should I try something else I know I ve had CnsMin since last year when I was able to useIE with online scans which reported it but I never got around totrying to fix it - I was and still am a PC newbie I had switched from IE to Firefox some months ago and usedIE only for windows updates But I wasn t getting IE crashes until some weeks ago I hope my system details are in my sig

A:3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash

CnsMin has an uninstaller which removes most components, but leaves the machine with no network or Internet connection. I suggest you post your log in the Hijackthis forum.

It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy. Please be patient as they are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have not been replied as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51330/3721-cnsmin-and-other-infections-oe-and-ie-crash-windowsupdate-crash/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys,

Tonight i built and set up the aforementioned Nuc pc and installed windows 7. However some of the drivers arent installing like the integrated hd 5500 graphics driver and the engine management one. These 2 pop up in my windows update as "important updates" but i get failed messages when i try and install them.

Thank you,

A:Intel NUC5i3RYH, Windows 7 Update not installing important updates

I regard Windows Update as a last resort for installing drivers, and suggest installing the drivers supplied by Intel for the board:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83257/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i3RYH

If you have had driver installs fail, it may be necessary to boot into Safe Mode and delete failed installations from Device Manager and install again if you continue to have installs fail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622423/intel-nuc5i3ryh-windows-7-update-not-installing-important-updates/
Relevancy 58.05%

i just upgraded from 256mb video card to new 1gb one. it was a breeze & did not have a problem at all.... recently had problems loading ms office 2010 & wish to restore back to previous early date (prior to new video card installation date) of my windows 7 but worried that it will revert back to old video card driver & could mess up the new video card.

pls let me know if computer will still booth up & i will not lose my screen and will be able to load driver of new video card.
tks in advance.
jackson

A:restore from previous windows before video card update

You may like to post your problem with MS Office in
Microsoft Office - Windows 7 Forums
first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/168634-restore-previous-windows-before-video-card-update.html
Relevancy 58.05%

So I have to register online for student housing in a foreign city so kinda important considering I need a place to live and all but the domain they redirected me to for online application just simply won t load It worked fine for a friend who logged in through her own account I also called the office and they just seemed really baffled and said I should be able to this (important) website/domain?? particular Cannot access go on their website So I m guessing there might be a problem with my router ISP firewall etc The home page has this website http web dirittoallostudio it polimi online housing And I clicked on one of Cannot access this particular website/domain?? (important) the links to login which directed me to another domain then Cannot access this particular website/domain?? (important) after I typed Cannot access this particular website/domain?? (important) in my username and password they redirected me to this server http And that s where everything just stops working At first I thought it was a flash problem but the loading animation turns out to be just a gif I don t think the server is sending through any data at all I tried doing the same with Firefox Chrome Safari on my mac and did the same with IE on my dad s PC that s wirelessly hooked to the same network Not a single time it seemed to be loading anything at all I tried accessing the website again on my macbook pro at a library AND a local coffee shop Still no dice I cleared all my cache and deleted all my cookies on Firefox but it still won t load I m not ruling out the possibility that there s a glitch with the website but it s just bizarre that my classmate had no problems whatsoever and it never once worked for me when I ve already confirmed with the office that I should be able to access it with my login and all Is there anyway I could test it out further to uncover what the real problem is Any suggestions what I should do next This is fairly important to me so I would greatly appreciate it if you guys can help me out Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-this-particular-website-domain-important.1116980/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello

I am very new to this so please forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place.

My Packard Bell desktop crashed today and at the start up screen it requests me to boot it using the boot disk. I have done so and am now faced with the "Packard Bell Recovery Program". I am faced with 4 options:
1) Standard system restore
2) Advanced Options
3) Tools
4) Cancel and return to DOS

Under option 1, it states that the system will be restored but all personal files will be lost. Is there a way for me to recover the system without losing personal files?

Jim

A:Computer crash - recovery process - HELP

Option 2 should give you the choice of doing a restore and saving your data.

Even if it does give you that choice, things can go wrong with the restore and you can still lose your personal data.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Waiting until your computer crashes or the hard drive dies before you backup and save your personal data is BAD practice.

You should backup and save it on a regular basis in CD-R's/DVD-R's or in an external USB hard drive or in both.

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crash-recovery-process-help.1058787/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi when running windows update all the updates fail and give the error code 800706F7. I have retried 3 times all to the same result. i have searched for this error code and the only results i found was about removing a previous 2014 update but this was not on my computer. i have ran the System Update Readiness Tool which installed 1 update however i can still not download the other updates

A:windows update error code 800706F7 54 important updates failed

Tried again and am now also getting error codes 80246007 and 8007002

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371496-windows-update-error-code-800706f7-54-important-updates-failed.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I've been having this same issue for over a year now and I can NOT find a solution. I registered today because I don't know what else to do.
I keep getting this notification "solve pc issues 1 important message Change windows update settings" almost daily. The message says it's a security thing and even though I check the box everytime, I still get that message.

A:solve pc issues 1 important message Change windows update settings

For that message to go away you must have Windows Update set to automatically download and install updates.
What WU setting do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343471-solve-pc-issues-1-important-message-change-windows-update-settings.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Okay here's what happened. I re-installed windows and when installing SP2 it gave me a bunch of problems, so I re-re-installed windows xp pro again. After re-re-installing it sp2 installed fine and everything is now all fine and dandy. The only problem is there are a bunch of folders that were made during my first attempt to re-install windows. These folders for some reason were put onto an external harddrive that I have. Most of the folders contain the SP2 installer from the previous installation, which were never even used. Every time I try to delete them it says "cannot delete sp2, access denied."
These are the files I need to get rid of..

and this is the error message it gives me

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

A:Solved: Can't delete windows update files from a previous installation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-delete-windows-update-files-from-a-previous-installation.541454/
Relevancy 57.62%

Today I saw that Windows had scheduled a major update and for that a reboot somewhen during the night I decided to trigger that update right away My laptop MS' flagship Surface Pro started to download and upgrade which took suspiciously long about minutes Then it rebooted and was quot Applying the updates quot for another - minutes or so Then it rebooted again which wasn't a surprise at first because there was a line stating that it would reboot several times during the after update Restoring Windows attempt! version previous MS:Bravo! of process What was a surprise however was that after the second reboot there was a very short flash of a messages stating something about quot Attempting quot but I hadn't time to read that and then suddenly a message quot Restoring you previous version of Restoring previous version of Windows after update attempt! MS:Bravo! Windows quot So obviously something must have gone badly wrong during the update - Bravo Microsoft that why we love Windows so much Unasked updates all the time and then close encounters with total system crashes And you can't properly update your own devices If I want to gamble I normally go elsewhere not to my laptop but with Windows- I learn a know a whole new world indeed

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61412-restoring-previous-version-windows-after-update-attempt-ms-bravo.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Please Help The most recent problem I am having is that I can't use the one website that is essential to my one slow [SOLVED] website ONLY runs important work I am a Realtor and I have to use the MLS system on armls marketlinx com The site runs so slow that it is completely useless taking like minutes to load and then minutes to switch pages Everything else works fine and loads at a normal pace but the ARMLS website takes or minutes to open a screen after the initial logon which proceeds as normal [SOLVED] ONLY one important website runs slow Most other websites run at a normal speed on this computer I have put it in the trusted sites zone for my firewall and Internet Explorer and enabled cookies for it and I have dumped the temporary internet files but it still runs ridiculously slow If I bring it up on my husbands computer it runs fine His computer is on the same home network in the same room as mine Thanks Audrey

A:[SOLVED] ONLY one important website runs slow

Audrey,

I found your post when looking for a solution to a problem one of my clients had. She is a realtor that had the same EXACT symptoms that you do with armls.marketlinx.com. I was dissapointed to see that no one had replied to your post and there were no other posts anywhere on the web about this problem. After hours of experimenting with her system, I finally traced the problem to ZoneAlarm Pro. After uninstalling ZA and then installing other AntiVirus, AntiSpyware, Firewall options, the armls.marketlinx.com web page regained its original speed!

Now I'm not bad mouthing ZoneAlarm, (I use the free version myself on my personal computer), but I could not find any settings or options in this program that would let this web page perform normally. If you have ZoneAlarm installed on your computer, (especially the Pro version), I would suggest uninstalling it and see if you get the same results.

Good Luck!

Jeff Miller
Lightning PC Services

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-only-one-important-website-runs-slow-200476.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Well for the past few months ive been getting random BSODs on my HP Pavillion running vista it would crash while opening any program that used sound or took up alot of computer usage basically any of my adobe products and anything using internet or video while sitting without being used there was no crash unless a program automatically updated or something i has Partition Recovery Computer no boot. Crash! was able to tranfer my files to another computer Recovery Partition Crash! Computer has no boot. through a shared network and i decided to do a system recovery using the partition located in the computer's D drive well all was running well until it crashed in the middle of running it and not there is no system to boot and while i run recovery it crashes at around though sometimes it goes for longer without crashing so i am stuck re-running system recovery after it crashes and gives me random bsod's like memory management and irql not less than equal and pfn list corrupted is there any way i can fix this everything is working well except for the blue screen i also never thought of burning a recovery disk cuz im a clutz like that oh brother

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recovery-partition-crash-computer-has-no-boot-535459.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Tech Support People I have a question concerning some recent weird occurrences with my computer I apologize for the computer Antivirus acting weirdly unaccessible, ensuing block o text I noticed a few weeks ago that my antivirus AVG Free version was not sitting in Antivirus unaccessible, computer acting weirdly my toolbar like it used to When I try to open it it Antivirus unaccessible, computer acting weirdly says quot This program is blocked by group policy For more information contact your system administrator quot So I looked up how to change group policies and so Antivirus unaccessible, computer acting weirdly forth but that didn t change anything So I started up in safe mode and I CAN access it but it doesn t detect any problems I then in my infinite wisdom downloaded Panda Antivirus as I used it in the past and thought that in normal mode it could detect what avg couldn t Well turns out in normal mode I can t turn off the antivirus process in the background so I have both panda and avg onstensibly running in the background though there is no icon in the tray and I can t access their programs due to the aforementioned group policy issue I looked at some forums with people having similar problems and have downloaded and run rkill combofix and Windows-KB -x -V exe None of them notify me with any problems I do have logs for them upon request I have noticed that my computer has problems starting up about - of the time now freezing as I enter windows It also seems to lag a little compared to before As per the forum rules I will attach the requested logs below If someone could help me with this problem I would greatly appreciate it Thank you very much in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows AsScrPro exe C Windows SysWOW runonce exe C Users anragreg AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files x ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C ProgramData Battle net Agent Agent Agent exe G Battle net Battle net Battle net exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Users anragreg Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF ... Read more

Relevancy 56.76%

PLEASE I booting, computer Blue unaccessible when Screen AM DESPERATE I have been trying to boot my computer into safe mode by pressing F at start up but every time I did i got a blue screen with the following message A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer if this screen appears again follow these steps Check to be sure you have adequate disk space if a driver is identified in the stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try changing video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing if you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press f to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode Techincal information STOP x E xc Blue Screen when booting, computer unaccessible x A xBA xBA So I tried to boot it into safe mode Blue Screen when booting, computer unaccessible by ticking the safeboot option in msconfig Not only didn't that work but now my laptop won't boot at all When I press the power button it gives me the option of safe booting or normal booting but even when i choose normal I still get the same blue screen message I am running on xp sp and it's a sony vaio laptop PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP I have a whole bunch of Blue Screen when booting, computer unaccessible files not backed up on my laptop not to mention I'm a computer geek Thakns in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-when-booting-computer-unaccessible-441947.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone The most recent problem I am having is that I can t use the one web site that is essential to my work I am a Realtor and I have to use the MLS system on armls marketlinx com The site Website Important runs IE7 slow Solved: extremely runs so slow Solved: Important Website runs extremely slow IE7 that it is completely useless Solved: Important Website runs extremely slow IE7 taking like minutes to load and then minutes to switch pages Everything else works fine and loads at a normal pace but the ARMLS web site takes or minutes to open a screen after the initial logon which Solved: Important Website runs extremely slow IE7 proceeds as normal Most other web sites run at a normal speed on this computer I have put it in the trusted sites zone for my firewall and Internet Explorer and enabled cookies for it and I have dumped the temporary internet files but it still runs ridiculously slow If I bring it up on my husbands computer it runs fine but this is too inconvenient to have to work at his desk when all my stuff is on my desk His computer is on the same home network in the same room as mine As for my computer it is years old I guess I will have to fill you in with the quot long version quot but don t say I didn t warn you It is a Gateway GHz with GB RAM running XP Media Center I also have an HP GHz with GB RAM with XP Media Center that I try to keep running for my husband and a whole room full of ancient obsolete machines dating all the way back to windows The HP is only months old refurb The two are networked together with a Netgear wireless router using the wired ports and Cox broadband access They are firewalled behind the router and additionally using Zone Alarm Pro I am running the full suite of Zone Alarm security products including firewall virus protection and spyware removal tool on both In addition I am running Webroot spyware removal tool on both and AOL spyware removal tool which is due to expire soon All utilities run daily on both machines separately Automatic updates for Windows is enabled on the HP because my husband can t be bothered with updates On the Gateway I have the alerts enabled with the option to download and install windows updates at my discretion About two months ago despite all the security software I have in place two Trojans were discovered in the Gateway machine Stupid me instead of leaving them in quarantine I deleted them taking out a piece of my boot sector where they must have embedded themselves It was telling me that the NTLDR file was missing among other things I had been guilty of not doing regular backups and had an enormous amount of data on my hard drive I had already purchased a large external storage unit including auto backup software with good intentions and then put it in the closet unopened for several months to be dealt with at a later date At the first hint of trouble before deleting the Trojans I quickly dumped my documents and photos into my husbands computer and just in time because I could not even boot into safe mode after I lost boot capability and the machine was stuck in a continuous restart cycle I disabled the restart on boot failure option in setup and tried the System Restore option to try and repair the windows files but it would not allow me to choose the non destructive restore option It kept warning me that all my files would be deleted and gave me no other option than to say OK Then at that point I would have to shut down the machine to get out of that screen and avoid starting the restore I have an XP pro upgrade version disk that I purchased a few years back but I can never get the files to all copy correctly for a clean windows install and I didn t know if it would repair a windows installation that had a restore partition loaded on the same hard drive So continuing on the path of stupidity I attempted to quot fix quot the boot sector using some downloaded quot fix files quot further damaging whatever was already going on I got an quot Unmountable ... Read more

A:Solved: Important Website runs extremely slow IE7

Advice from kimsland fixed problem with web site. Downloaded "ccleaner" utility and ran on both machines. Amazing amount of junk and garbage was deleted and now things run faster on both machines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-important-website-runs-extremely-slow-ie7.659797/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an Acer Laptop 4720 Z. My computer crashed and nothing shows up on my screen when i turn it on its just black. I bought the recovery Cds and spoke with Acer on how to do this but its not working. Somone please talk me through this to get my comp up and running. Last advice i received was to hit F2 on startup and then go to boot and make CDROM number one on my list and then save it and then put my disk in and go from there and nothing works. Please help and Thanks

A:Acer Computer Crash, need help using my recovery disks to get it back up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-computer-crash-need-help-using-my-recovery-disks-to-get-it-back-up.855853/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am an A-Level Student who has been to busy to keep back ups (STUPID OF ME I KNOW) My laptop has a nasty virus and it will no longer loads up.

It appears saying that it can't load because this file is missing or corupted

Windows/System32/Config/setup

----

I have put in the original support disc and loaded that Restoring the start up files or the system files doesn't work, the only option is a full restore, however i can't loose my work!

Does anyone know any solutions?

Relevancy 55.47%

Here's will 800B0100 not Code details: update. Important Error Update Vista another tricky one This important security update will not update It is only Kb Microsoft says it is caused by a virus problem I have Norton installed Norton say it is Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 not a Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 virus Microsoft say pay us to fix it I say I can't afford to pay that for something when I have no way of knowing exactly what the problem really is This has been going on since November All the other updates are installed immediately but not this one Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows Vista SP and Windows Server SP x KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code B Update type Important A security issue has Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Description of the security update for the NET Framework Service Pack for Windows Vista Service Pack and Windows Server Service Pack October Just noticed this more recent one failed to update - Security Update for Windows Vista KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code F Update type Important A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Description of the security update for USB drivers October Help and Support Microsoft Support Any ideas please

A:Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100

That error is not caused by a virus, it is caused by a file corruption
The readiness tool can correct the problem in many situations
What is the System Update Readiness Tool? - Windows Help

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/303686-vista-important-update-will-not-update-error-details-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 55.04%

This is a follow up question from my last successfully answered question.
My Tecra 60GB HDD has stopped working and I would like to retrieve a few days of emails etc if possible.
The Tecra defaults to the Safe Mode options when started and returns via a BSOD no matter which safe mode option is taken.

I have:
checked in BIOS - it is seen as there.
ran SEATOOLs for Dos and it says there is a fault on the short and long tests
connected the HDD via an enclosure and USB to my other PC and eventually it say that there is an In/OUT error.
Ran CHKDSK via my XP CD and after 26% it says there are one or more unrecoverable errors.

Also I have tried an old HDD which works normally in the Tecra.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

Wagga

A:Tecra HDD crash - how to retrieve some important data?

>connected the HDD via an enclosure and USB to my other PC and eventually it say that there is an In/OUT error.

Does this mean that you are not able to get access to the HDD even using an external USB case?
It looks like the HDD is corrupt and in most cases the data could not be recovered on usual way.
Of course there are different Data recovery services but they charge between ?500 and ?1000 to attempt to salvage data from either logical or mechanical disasters.

There are also different tools which could be helpful like RecoverMyFiles from GetData, Ontrack EasyRecovery DataRecovery or Prosoft's Data Rescue II but you have to pay for all these professional applications?

Here is also a nice youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vki3_zJZ8gY

Maybe it will work for you!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?64852-Tecra-HDD-crash-how-to-retrieve-some-important-data
Relevancy 55.04%

Recently I realized a bill on my debit statement from a german gaming website. I dealt with the bank and switched passwords on a different computer. However, today my computer screen switched to a german gaming sight (not sure if it's the same one) while I was reading online. Anywho, not sure what to do. I have search and destroy and am scanning my pc right now. Windows 8. Google Chrome.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clearly-hijacked-web-went-to-german-gaming-website-previous-card-number-stolen.1127202/
Relevancy 54.61%

I really need help. I have an e-mail sent me on Dec. 7, 2009 with an attachment. I saved the attachmen but accidently deleted the email, and my Recovery Tool only extracts .dbx files after Dec. 15. The Identities folder had only one file with about 130 emails. Have these earlier e-mails been overwritten? Is there no way to locate the deleted one I need to take to court on a real estate matter to prove the undated attachment (which I saved) was sent to me on Dec. 7. Any help will be very, very greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Carol

A:Recovery of .dbx important e-mail

If the email was deleted, then deleted from the deleted folder in the email client, it is gone forever.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-of-dbx-important-e-mail.890805/
Relevancy 54.61%

My son is in Equatorial Guinea, while he was updating his OS he was on battery power instead of AC. During the update the battery died and the update was interruped. Now when he tries to start his computer it goes into a loop and restarts. He doesn't have his install disk with him, so he can't reinstall windows xp. Does anyone know a way around the loop, he has tried to start up in safe mode but when he does that's when the computer goes into the loop.

A:computer crash during update

G'Day RADoyle, Welcome to TSF!

Give your son this workaround...

Try powering up the computer from a 'Cold Start', while continually tapping the F8 Key.
In the "Safe Mode" Menu select the option "Last Known Good Configuration", and follow the on-screen prompts.

Post back with the outcome.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-crash-during-update-273004.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a notebook Advent 7037 using Windows XP, I can reboot the computer y the sentence Please press R to see options for recovery. After that only blue screens of error appear and the computer switches back off again. I try in safe mode and normal mode, blue screens again before the whole windows is loaded. So, I am stuck I dont have an A drive (solo D drive) and I cannot go anywhere, I am not even able to reformat because the are recovery disks and not the normal ones.
Please help. How can I install windows again, by overcoming the barrier of the blue screens?
Silvia

A:Recovery disks for Windows crash

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruj68

I have a notebook Advent 7037 using Windows XP, I can reboot the computer y the sentence Please press R to see options for recovery. After that only blue screens of error appear and the computer switches back off again. I try in safe mode and normal mode, blue screens again before the whole windows is loaded. So, I am stuck I dont have an A drive (solo D drive) and I cannot go anywhere, I am not even able to reformat because the are recovery disks and not the normal ones.
Please help. How can I install windows again, by overcoming the barrier of the blue screens?
Silvia

More detail please:
I'm confused about what you're trying to do. Do you HAVE a recovery CD and does your computer have a CD reader?

What was the last thing ths PC waas doing BEFORE you go into this state?

When you see the message "Please press R to see options for recovery" does it bluescreen immediately or only after you press R?

THEN does it bluescreen immediately or only after it starts to load?

Did you check your BIOS settings?

Did you call the manufacturer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recovery-disks-for-windows-crash-12047.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Is it true that once you replace a new hard drive in your notebook, the recovery media will never work because of a chip in the motherboard?  I have gotten wonderful assistance on here but I just read on another post, that once you replace the HDD, your screwed because of a chip in the motherboard and only HP can fix it.  Did I just waste my time and money? PLEASE, PLEASE, someone help. Now, I'm all confused, Thanks so much.

A:IMPORTANT QUESTION HERE-New HDD & Recovery on HP Pavilion TS...

@geegeesgirl? Did you create Recovery Discs yet??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/IMPORTANT-QUESTION-HERE-New-HDD-amp-Recovery-on-HP-Pavilion/td-p/5801323
Relevancy 54.18%

When I transferred from my old Windows98 systyem to XP Pro SP2 I zipped much data onto a DVD but now, altho I can see the files listed in explorer I cannot access them
Or in fact use the disk at all so cant copy them or anything.
It keeps telling me to insert disk or cannot read from source file or disk!
Does anyone know how I can repair the disk please? The is a great deal of information that I thort I had safely backed up but cannot access.
Your guidance would be appreciated thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-98-created-dvd-zip-files-unaccessible-on-xp.560434/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a gateway MT after vista update Computer help! crash - that I have had for years and it came with vista I have had to restore my computer once since I have had it and never had any serious problems with it months ago my computer was trying to install SP and when the computer restarts it goes to a blue screen then into a Computer crash after vista update - help! black screen and it says Computer crash after vista update - help! quot error calling phyllat can not find operating system quot and it locks up I push ALT CTRL DEL to reset it and it reboots and says the upgrade did not install and gives me the option to reinstall it After months of trying I gave up and ignored my computer to download and install the service pack Then one day it Computer crash after vista update - help! actually installed SP and when it restarted it said quot error do you wish to launch system restore recommended quot I did and it went to a black screen for hours - no cpu or aything running or eve the blue cpu light to show its running No fan on no noise from the processor I shut my computer off and it doesnt ever go to the windows vista loading screen Ive tried to boot in safe mode and it gets hung up on system windows drv and never goes any further and gets caught in a loop I pushed f to launch the repair mode and it gets caught in a loop I put i my restore disc that came with my laptop and when I ask it to install windows vista it gets caught in a loop tried to do a system restore and it cant because my C drive is corrupted Is there anything I ca do or is my computer toast I really have no more money for another computer and I need my computer for school Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated

A:Computer crash after vista update - help!

Try downlaoding the full Service Pack installers

Service Pack 1
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Service Pack 2
Download Details

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/235869-computer-crash-after-vista-update-help.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I m having problems with my network and windows firewall settings on Windows XP The quot Network Connections quot icon in control panel is blank and if I double-click on it nothing happens Windows Firewall is unaccessible It says quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot If I click quot Yes quot it says quot Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS serivce quot If I type quot ipconfig quot in CMD it doesn t say any information and says Firewall, Ics, Unaccessible Windows Network Connections some error message instead quot The application has failed to start because netshell dll was not found Re-installing the application may fix Windows Firewall, Ics, Network Connections Unaccessible this problem quot Because of all this I am unable to Windows Firewall, Ics, Network Connections Unaccessible open any ports however I m still somehow able to use the internet Here s a picture of the errors http img imageshack us img networkerrorce pngI ve had these problems for a few weeks and I m not exactly sure what created them but it may have happened when I installed a second harddrive or when I replaced my motherboard Is there any way to fix this without reinstalling Windows

A:Windows Firewall, Ics, Network Connections Unaccessible

Some reading here not sure if it's relativeMarkhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/892199http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892350

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106664/windows-firewall-ics-network-connections-unaccessible/
Relevancy 53.32%

I was just wondering why this would happen. I was downloading a security update for windows virtual machine and after I clicked to restart now, a screen popped up that said that windows did not restart successfully. After that I could not make the computer start again. It just kept going back to the screen about windows not restarting right. I had to use pc recovery and I lost most of what I had on my computer.

A:Did microsoft security update cause my computer to crash?

Yes, some Security Patches have been known to contain "bugs" - though these are usually identified and fixed fairly quickly.

Did you visit Windows Update directly? ... there have been some "phishing" exploits that can pretend to send you to Windows Update from a link in an email or an Instant Message. Never visit Windows Update in that manner (as your system can become infected or attacked in this way). Always visit Windows Update directly, or let Automatic Updates initiate the updates.

For the future -- for minor incompatibilities that cause problems with your computer, you can first try the System Restore function that is built into Windows XP. Start the computer in Safe Mode (tap the F8 key as the computer is starting), and go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore. Choose a restore point from prior to the problem.

That way, you may have a repair that won't cause you to lose all your data, and have to reinstall so many programs.

By the way, since you've run a Recovery procedure already, you should make sure to update your antivirus & antispyware programs. And you'll have to try Windows Update again, because the Security Patches are too important to do without. And make sure you have a firewall running.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/did-microsoft-security-update-cause-my-computer-to-crash-110041.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Alright guys I've microsoft MAJOR Computer getting PROBLEM svchost update error, load, not does website got some major problems with a computer here The computer seems to be infected with some sort of virus with symptoms similar to conficker I am not sure that this is what is causing our problems but it's come down with a nasty worm that has the following symptoms All microsoft update websites Computer getting svchost error, microsoft update website does not load, MAJOR PROBLEM are disabled I try to log onto them and the website will not load All other websites load just fine Major websites posting fixes to viruses and computer problems also redirect to a website with advertisements I get a svchost error that upon clicking quot ok quot freezes the computer or makes it run very slowly Svchost exe begins to consume a MASSIVE amount of memory slowing down the entire computer I am experiencing random redirects to websites The computer as a whole is running sluggishly We attempted the following fixes Installing and updating avast and running scans Various trojans have been removed Installing and updating malware bytes Various trojans and viruses have been removed Running windows repair This did not fix any of the above problems We are trying to avoid a complete format here Reinstalling virus scanners and malware bytes running them again and fiding more viruses Reinstalling internet explorer None of the above work We do have access to a windows install CD just for your knowledge just in case But as mentioned before we'd like to remove the problems without having to resort to a complete system wipe Attached are the two DDS files and the GMER log file I really appreciate your help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Financing at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D AV Microsoft Security Essentials On-access scanning enabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Financing FINANCE Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www foxnews com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www msn com uWindow Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSN uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll TB BF - F - - - FE E AA - No File TB CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - No File TB Search Toolbar d -d - -bab -ab a - TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll EB F B - D - fe - A -BBB - No File EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll uRun ... Read more

A:Computer getting svchost error, microsoft update website does not load, MAJOR PROBLEM

Trying to get this working for my boss, guys. We're a small dealership, and its holding up business bad. We've already tried IT guys over the phone.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-getting-svchost-error-microsoft-update-website-does-not-load-major-problem-527750.html
Relevancy 53.32%

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=933168&SD=tech
How to restore a computer to a previous Windows installation after you install Windows Vista
Now you know how.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-restore-a-computer-to-a-previous-windows-installation-after-you-install-window.568621/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've had Windows crash twice on booting up in the last months The Windows logo appears out of the black screen just above where it says quot Starting Windows quot and then freezes before flashing a blue screen too quickly for me to see what it says and then starts a system repair Both times the repair has failed and I've had to resort to a System Image Recovery which solves the immediate issue but it seems there's an underlying Windows 7 and up Image boot crash recovery on System issue somewhere I have a Samsung Spinpoint F HD SJ SATA internal drive and I'm worried that it's on its way out even though it's only months old The CPU is an Windows 7 crash on boot up and System Image recovery Intel i and the motherboard is an ASUS P P -M B If it is Windows 7 crash on boot up and System Image recovery Windows that has the problem how do I stop it from doing this And if it's the HHD is it a problem with how the drives are or is mine dying and what are the options for a computer hardware novice Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 crash on boot up and System Image recovery

Windows, once again, had a problem booting up today. Instead of the usual black screen with Starting Windows and the logo coming out of the dark, I had the black screen with a green segmented loading bar at the bottom which I've learnt means trouble.

Luckily, Startup Repair worked this time, but I could still do with a jot of help please...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/263060-windows-7-crash-boot-up-system-image-recovery.html
Relevancy 52.89%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Enabled Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE Running Processes C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WinDomainlogon exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe harddrive (fake crash virus) - Windows Recovery XP -k netsvcs Windows XP Recovery - (fake harddrive crash virus) svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files NETGEAR WG v WinDomainlogon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlccmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HTC HTC Sync htcUPCTLoader exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system dlcccoms exe C WINDOWS system attrib exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe Windows XP Recovery - (fake harddrive crash virus) C WINDOWS Explorer exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo uDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com mDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com mStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www dell me com myway uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe Windows XP Recovery - (fake harddrive crash virus) acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB C - BB- -AF E- FAEDACF - No File EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun H PC Connection Agent quot c program files microsoft activesync wcescomm exe quot uRun UfQshXkFHeIUkQ c documents and settings all users application data UfQshXkFHeIUkQ exe mRun LanzarL quot c docume oscar locals temp b a c-fcce- ec -b ba- bc de f d da ba - - - bb -dccabde dc a l tmp Setup exe quot SETUP quot l x quot mRun DLCCCATS rundll c windows system spool drivers w x DLCCtime dll RunDLLEntry mRun dlccmon exe quot c program files dell photo aio printer dlccmon exe quot mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun HTC Sync Loader quot c program files htc htc sync htcUPCTLoader exe quot -startup mRunOnce AvgUninstallURL cmd exe c start http www avg com ww special-uninstallation-feedback-app lic OQBBAFYARgBSAEUARQAtAFYAMABLAE AQwAtAEUAOQBWAFUAVwAtAEUAVwAwAFYAQQAtAFUAVQAzAFgATAAtAEYARQBXADkANwA quot amp quot inst NwA AC ANAAyADQAMQA ADMAMAAxADYALQBUADQALQBCAEEAKwAxAC ASwBWADMAKwA AC ARgBQADkAKwA AC AQgBBAFIAOQBHACsAMQAtAFQAQgA ACsAMgAtAEYATAArADkALQBYAE AMwA ACsAMQAtAEYAOQBNADcAQwArADUALQBGADkATQAxADAAQgArADIA quot amp quot prod quot amp quot ver IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - c progra mi aa INetRepl dll IE EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - c progra mi aa INetRepl dll IE B A E- FC - CE - B- DBBB C - AF- E - FEE- A-CED E EADD - c program files common files microsoft shared encarta search bar ENCSBAR DLL IE CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - FE F... Read more

A:Windows XP Recovery - (fake harddrive crash virus)

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth Code, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create a FULL OTL ReportPlease download OTL from here:
Main MirrorMirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the i... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401618/windows-xp-recovery-fake-harddrive-crash-virus/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm running dual hard drives and I started my computer this morning to find the usual hard drive select screen I selected my usual hard drive and Windows fail/crash drive hard 7 recovery continued to the next select screen I was prompt with a recovery or a start windows normally options I selected the usual quot start windows normally quot Then my computer was forced into recovery mode which never loaded Windows 7 hard drive recovery fail/crash It loads a blank windows recovery screen that never loads I left the computer to load for over hours and no luck it never loads I've tried restarting Windows 7 hard drive recovery fail/crash and selecting the recovery option for the second option Windows 7 hard drive recovery fail/crash but the same result I've never had this kind of issue before and I'm wondering if the main hard drive has failed I've tried the usual F CTRL ALT DEL combos but it is completely unresponsive The second hard drive I have doesn't have windows installed so it leads nowhere if I choose it I've attached a few pictures before for each of the screens along with the blank windows recovery screen imgur the simple page

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/382923-windows-7-hard-drive-recovery-fail-crash.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have just done a reinstall of the OEM Windows Any WGA hidden to updates" banner Update? important way in hide "you have nag Windows XP installation and it kindly offered to install WGA for me I declined as I don't want that spyware Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update? on my computer but when I unchecked it from the update and checked the quot don't offer this update anymore quot option I now get a big yellow banner at the top of my Windows Update screen saying quot IMPORTANT You've Hidden Important Updates You've asked us not to show you one or more high-priority updates Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update? but your computer might be at risk until they are installed quot Is there any way to get this quot reminder quot hidden First of all it's kind of shady of them to call this an quot important update quot and claim that WGA has anything to do with my computer being at risk but secondly if I've asked to not be shown it anymore why do they think it's any better to show me a big banner-ad reminding me that I've asked not to be shown it anymore Jeez Thanks for any assistance

A:Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update?

Description of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA)

It's pretty basic. The core of it is, they are a company that sells computer Operating System software and don't want to be ripped off. And to prevent rip-offs from updating beneficial security and other support they provide FREE, they require you run the WGA.

That isn't unreasonable.

Don't like it? Get Linux or whatever.

:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/any-way-to-hide-you-have-hidden-important-updates-wga-nag-banner-in-windows-update-543518.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Windows10 installed on my Asus Transformer netbook. I attempted to revert to prior 8.1 because Win10 caused my charms to disappear as well as ability to swipe to close/move pages. Then it wouldn't boot again. Took it to GeekSquad, said battery had drained
during install, and they left me at a BitLocker screen. When I got home and entered recovery key, it automatically puts a hyphen before the last number, and the "continue" button does not activate. I can't get beyond this point. How can I get the
"continue" button to work? Thanks, Cindy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/293c15be-2761-4dcb-9aef-d3b004480100/after-restore-to-previous-os-bitlocker-wont-accept-recovery-key?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys I'm new to these forums and I really like how they look like and how they're active and everything After searching for my answer for several hours I decided to register here and post you my problem I hope I'll stick options unaccessible with security - Tempered folders Windows around on the Tempered with Windows security options - folders unaccessible forum and become a regular member Here goes So yesterday I wanted to limit off my moms account from accessing my hard Tempered with Windows security options - folders unaccessible drives And all that went fine but low and behold I had to change the Users Permissions on my E drive I have a few partitions So first off I changed the permissions of Users to Denied After that I with my administrator account couldn't access the E drive at all So I went to the security options again and then I changed the Users permissions to default again Read and Execute List Folder Contents and Read And that worked but it only regained me access to half of my disk I can access it now and I can access some files but some files are completely invisible They do show up when I try to change the permissions again just telling me that the access on the file is denied So they're there but I can't seem to get to them Anyway I tried accessing them from Windows Developer Preview and the folder Archives that's the folder I was using to see if I can unlock the files from it after it I could go on to other folders said that it was empty The same as on Windows Then I took my Ubuntu LiveCD and tried accessing the folder from there and Ubuntu from the LiveCD also said that the directory is empty I really hope someone can help with this issue since losing those files permanently isn't really a solution for me Anyway thanks in advance I hope someone can help me Also one question Will uninstalling Windows completely remove the permission setting from all those files and folders Cheers

A:Tempered with Windows security options - folders unaccessible

Quote: Originally Posted by Acolyte192

Anyway, thanks in advance. I hope someone can help me. Also, one question. Will uninstalling Windows 7 completely remove the permission setting from all those files and folders?

Cheers!

No! NTFS permissions are stored on the file system along with the file they are not a setting in Windows but of the file itself. The problem, you applied DENY permissions which override ALLOW permissions on a group all users are part of, the USERS group. Even tho the ADMINISTRATORS group is given ALLOW those DENY permissions set to USERS takes precedence thus locking yourself out.

You might try from an administrative command prompt: (Not tested.)

Code:
icacls E:\* /remove:d users /T /C /L

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/189065-tempered-windows-security-options-folders-unaccessible.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have been reading forum posts all morning trying to find a way to resolve this issue. Had a machine infected with viruses and spyware. I've removed everything with AVG, Ad-Aware, and CCleaner. The machine runs smoothly, but I'm still unable to load the Windows Update website. All other websites I've tried still work, just not that one. Anyone have any suggestions? Everything that I've read has not helped and I'd really rather not wipe this computer out and start over. Thanks!

A:Windows Update website cannot be loaded...

Strange. Can you please try reinstalling Internet Explorer, by downloading the latest version from here?Microsoft Windows Updates

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334862/windows-update-website-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi
Somehow when I load Windowsupdate.com the website loads in Japanese text.

I have checked all the local options on windows control panel and they all say english.

I think that there is an option you can change on the website but as I can read an of it I am having a few problems.

Luckily it doesn't happen anywhere else.

This is almost as annoying as when my cell phone language got changed into Arabic !

Can anybody help ?

Al

A:Windows Update website in Japanese

If you're viewing the site in Internet Explorer (and you should be), click view, encoding, and make sure 'Western European' is checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-website-in-japanese.618381/
Relevancy 52.89%

After an encounter with the ever-present Rogue AV a windows xp with sp3 machine works well except it cannot diplay the Windows update website.

I can go to many other Microsoft (and other) sites but not Microsoft Updates,

If I just click on "windows updates" from the xp program list or from within Internet Explorer I get "internet explorer cannot display the webpage"

If I try to sneak up on it by going to microsoft.com and then clicking links to get to the updates I wind here:

http://www.update.microsoft.com/mic...icrosoft.com/microsoftupdate&ln=en-us&muopt=6

with an error 0x80072eff.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone. I want to update my website with a few little things. I want to try windows 8 but cannot seem to find out how to use it like I did with 7. Can anyone guide me in the right direction please. Thanks everyone.
PS. forgot to say that I was using File Zilla but the web pages do not work when I download them to update content.

A:Update personal website from windows 8

Please explain: I want to try windows 8 but cannot seem to find out how to use it like I did with 7?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/35045-update-personal-website-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have been trying lots of different things to get my computer working correctly again I just ran Hijackthis and on the click update windows can I not website this is what came up Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG I can not click on the windows update website avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx I can not click on the windows update website exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMEService exeC WINDOWS I can not click on the windows update website system MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC WINDOWS OEM Mon exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files EvidenceNuker enuker exeC Program Files DELL DELL Webcam Manager DellWMgr exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings James Carter My Documents Downloads antisticy-en exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my earthlink net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com mywayR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http start earthlink net AL SearchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Canon Easy-WebPrint EX BHO - D AD-BFFF- F -BF B-A C FED - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint EX ewpexbho dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO no name - EC B - B- -B - A C F - no file O - BHO RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Toolbar no name - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - no file O - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program ... Read more

A:I can not click on the windows update website

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Do not Attach logs unless I ask you to.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Note** If you are having problems posting the complete log into this thread upload them here http://www.rapidshare.com/ and post the links in this thread Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.I would like to get a better look at your system, please do the following so I can get some more detailed logs.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.IMPORTANT! If you receive an error message while running DeFogger, please post the log defogger_disable which will appear on your desktop.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/325971/i-can-not-click-on-the-windows-update-website/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have encountered a serious problem accessing my hard drive and booting up Windows XP I am running windows XP on a Dell dimension workstation I am getting the infamous blue screen of death with the error message x B I suspect that I am a victim of a virus As suggested I ran a repair from a Windows CD recovery disk and it seemed to run okay and indicated that everything was fine however when I rebooted I still received the same old blue screen Help Mode is of no help as the options all lead me back xp crash data death screen recovery of blue windows to the blue screen Therefore I tried something different I booted up from the Windows Recovery CD and when prompted hit the letter R on the first screen which placed me into a C windows prompt From there I was able to go to the root directory and I was able to list the folders that have my data in them However windows xp crash blue screen of death data recovery when I attempted to open these folders I received an error message of quot Access is denied quot and could go no further I checked the attributes on these directories and they are only showing an attribute of d directory I tried different things with the attrib command to see if I could get around the access problem but to no avail I ran a chkdsk p and it came back indicating that there were no problems I am running out of options and am quickly reaching the point where I am considering doing a complete reinstall of windows however I don t want to lose my data Can anyone suggest how I might be able to access my data files and skirt around that quot access is denied quot message Thank you

A:windows xp crash blue screen of death data recovery

Do you have access to another computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299968/windows-xp-crash-blue-screen-of-death-data-recovery/
Relevancy 52.46%

Installed windows had windows previously so i never partitioned or anything just a created previous URGENT No Recovery/Restoration. points W8 fresh install Had my 'windows old' which was a previous session of windows with my W8 Recovery/Restoration. No previous created points URGENT important documents pics music vids I've ran successful for - days no problems at all i've even shutdown properly many times figured it will make restore points anyways today while moving from W8 Recovery/Restoration. No previous created points URGENT windows old to my current Windows and Users folder I was installing RocketUSB to try and get this USB Microphone to work In the process i guess i forgot to check off something but Optimizer Pro really messed up my rigg My whole desktop full of items music documents video and picture folder deleted Some programs just vanished Everything in my 'windows old' is almost non existent There is no documents just a lot of empty folders there and everything i freshly moved from windows old to my current is ALL gone I currently have zero existent document from my old and new to what I've created thus far I attempted to use system restore but there is absolutely no restore points I tried restoring my recycling bin but there was no old documents there I looked up a few tutorials programs and dis-checks to currently see if there was other issues besides Optimizer Pro Well i never figured i'd be back in a forums but i really need help I have no solution at the moment but will be running Recuva overnight and restoring what i can first time Recuva user So i do not know what to expect after this Was wondering if anyone knew how i can perhaps unlock a restore point that's non existent to make it appear to the first day i freshly installed windows I think there might be a trick out there even if i have to reinstall and maybe find a restore point there though all my windows from 'windows old' is non existent also My harddrive has been with me for about - years with nominated information and work saved I have a lot of text passwords portfolio work recovered If theres any solution i've tried Recuva and System Restore working real slow Thanks for your help eightforums srry for the wall of text -JasoNy

A:W8 Recovery/Restoration. No previous created points URGENT

Never rely on windows.old to retrieve you personal data, you should ideally back up your data to an external drive especially when upgrading your system.

System restore points are created as needed determined by the type of update you install automatically. If you do not have any then none were created, see this:
Restore Point Automatic Creation - Disable in Windows

Suggest you do a Refresh:
Refresh Windows 8

Your programs will have to be reinstalled but your data should remain intact, back up the data anyways before proceeding.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/50505-w8-recovery-restoration-no-previous-created-points-urgent.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i can't access windows update's websitei open up internet explorer (ie7), tools, windows update and from there nothing loads

Relevancy 52.03%

I am having a very strange intermittent issue with the website gamefaqs.com. If i restart my computer i can connect to it fine for maybe 30min but after a bit i get the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET in chrome. It errors out in any browser i try. The things i have done so far are disabling my AV/Firewall. Resetting router. switching my DNS. Restting my IP. None of that has worked. I can load it on anyother computer in the house.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>nslookup http://www.gamefaqs.comServer: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8
Non-authoritative answer:
Name: gamefaqs.com
Address: 64.30.228.84
Aliases: GameFAQs - Video Game Cheats, Reviews, FAQs, Message Boards, and More

I would love any help on this. Like i said it started after i installed the big windows update

A:Issue loading a website after big windows 10 update

Tried flushing browser cache/cookies?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35278-issue-loading-website-after-big-windows-10-update.html
Relevancy 52.03%

rootrepeal didn't work it gave me error messages open or can't update microsoft website windows so no ark txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by joe at can't update windows or open microsoft website on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT Running Processes C Windows system can't update windows or open microsoft website wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder can't update windows or open microsoft website exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System Drivers WTSRV EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files ATK Hotkey Hcontrol exe C Program Files ATK Hotkey MsgTranAgt exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files ATK Hotkey LOSD exe C Program Files lg swupdate GiljabiStart exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files LG Software LG Magnifier MagnifyingGlass exe C Program Files ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files LG Software LG Magnifier Maglev exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files LG Software LG OSD HotKey exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Windows System WTClient exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files vghd vghd exe C Program Files ATK Hotkey WDC exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C ProgramData U U Launcher LaunchU exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files vghd VirtuaGirl downloader exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system AUDIODG EXE C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users joe Desktop dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www ask com o amp l dis uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll uRun Sidebar c program files windows sidebar sidebar exe autoRun uRun uTorrent quot c program files utorrent uTorrent exe quot mRun LG Intelligent Update quot c program files lg swupdate giljabistart exe quot Gilautouc mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkc... Read more

A:can't update windows or open microsoft website

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.??If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine.??Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links.??Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool.??No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note:??You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.??After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection.??Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.??Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261199/cant-update-windows-or-open-microsoft-website/
Relevancy 52.03%

windows - some website are not working - due to th update Windows PCs Following th update some sites are not opening Excelforums mrexcel tsg bbc outlook com Thunderbird reporting server error But other sites like google tsf are OK Outlook com has reported a security issue as my location has changed and locked the account and i had to use a code to access again i have tried a number of things dns refresh tcp ip reset Just switched on a different w PC and thats the same issue identical TSF google works other sites do not A windows PC works fine for website 10 working not due 19th - to are windows update some - all sites using PING i get an instant site not available Restored to a previous date - th DirectX update and now it works OK windows 10 - some website are not working - due to 19th update So i tried updating again and have the exact same issue of course I cannot delay the update at all will play a little more to see if I can resolve at all The other windows PC - has no restore points available - which is strange as I did set some up EDIT changed the wireless DNS to use google amp and seems to be working so using google dns worked on the other windows PC All Windows and Vista PCs are working OK with no change nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-some-website-are-not-working-due-to-19th-update.1154127/
Relevancy 52.03%

on switching on on 13th March my laptop automatically updated windows.
since then any desktop shortcuts which pointed to a website now just bring up the google search screen.
this happens for both firefox and IE
same thing happens if I use windows search and then select one of the options
help please

A:since windows update shortcuts do not find website

Make new shortcuts.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42679-since-windows-update-shortcuts-do-not-find-website.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Windows 10 PCs
Following 19th update

some sites are not opening
Excelforums, mrexcel, tsg, bbc, outlook.com
Thunderbird reporting server error

But other sites like
google , tsf

i have tried a number of things
dns refresh
tcp/ip reset
restore to 17th Aug

Just switched on a different w10 PC and thats the same issue
identical

TSF works
other sites do not

A windows 7 PC works fine for all sites

using PING i get an instant site not available

Restored to a previous date - 17th DirectX update
and now it works OK

So i tried updating again and have the exact same issue
of course I cannot delay the update at all

will play a little more to see if I can resolve at all

The other PC windows 10 - has no restore points available - which is strange as I did set some up

A:windows 10 - some website are not working - due to 19th update

Is it only Thunderbird Browser, or others too?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-some-website-are-not-working-due-to-19th-update-1034425.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey, I realized rectently upon rebooting that my XP theme disappeared and it was classic. Last time my harddrive got fried this was how it started so I went online and tried to connect to the Windows Update site and it shows a connection error or something although every other website works, and it appears to be a fake message.. I have ran DDS and Gmer and I will attach the logs in this thread. Sorry for the brief description, I really do not know what is wrong with my computer this time as SAS, MBAM, and Spybot have saved my computer every time prior to this.

A:windows update website is not working, windows xp theme missing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330269/windows-update-website-is-not-working-windows-xp-theme-missing/
Relevancy 52.03%

The Data Recovery Wizard program worked for me when I lost some important files. It had a prices tag but from my experience it was worth it. You can see the details info via http://www.easeus.com. I wanted to share but also wanted to make sure that I didn't stray from the forum rules.

A:The Data Recovery Wizard program worked for me when I lost some important files.

Welcome to TSG....

Thank you for this site. It looks excellent. I would not worry about the advertising thing since you are just pointing out a site that saved your bacon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-data-recovery-wizard-program-worked-for-me-when-i-lost-some-important-files.560500/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi -Found this forum last night - what a great job you guys are doing I d appreciate some help with removing a virus which MS s Malicious Software Removal Tool identified as Alureon H I seem to be unable to get rid of it completely with my rather limited IT knowledge I must have caught this thing a week ago with a file download The most obvious symptom is the oft-described website re-direct from Google search results However I have now discovered that I also cannot update Windows any more quot Windows could not search for new updates An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer Error s found - re-direct, Windows update cannot Website Win32/Alureon.H? Code EFE Windows update encountered an unknown error quot and that I cannot turn Windows Defender back on I don t recall switching it off or get definition updates quot The program can t check for definition updates Website re-direct, cannot update Windows - Win32/Alureon.H? Error found Code x efe quot There also seems to be a problem with a host file as I get occasional messages that the process has stopped working I have done my best to read and understand your preparation for requesting help have attached the attach txt file and the gmer scan log and post below the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Goetz at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Outdated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Website re-direct, cannot update Windows - Win32/Alureon.H? SP AVG Anti-Virus Free enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exeC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system dlbccoms Website re-direct, cannot update Windows - Win32/Alureon.H? exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Toshiba TEMPRO TemproSvc exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exeC Windows system TODDSrv exec Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exec Program Files TOSHIBA SMARTLogService TosIPCSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Toshiba Online Product Information TOPI exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exeC Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exeC Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exeC Program Files Toshiba TEMPRO TemproTray exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files BBC iPlayer Desktop BBC iPlayer Desktop exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program ... Read more

A:Website re-direct, cannot update Windows - Win32/Alureon.H?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334163/website-re-direct-cannot-update-windows-win32alureonh/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've discovered my telus router t1200h is blocking windows update, causing an error code 80072ee2 when I check for updates. It is also blocking another forum I like to visit as well. There should be no reason it is blocking anything as I don't have parental controls set up. When I unplug the internet from the router and stick it straight into my PC everything works again. So, clearly it is my router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386705-telus-router-blocking-website-windows-update.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Well the main problem that I have is that my computer isn't updating itself normally like it should There isn't the yellow shield icon on the task bar and whenever I try doing it manually it redirects me to msn com I also have more problems such as the internet disconnecting randomly An example of this is that I can't download anything that would take more than minutes long because it would disconnect and I would have to restart the download There are actually more problems but those are the main problems Here is the HiJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nTrayFw exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC pacsteamt steam exeC Program Files BlazeVideo BlazeDVD Standard MediaDetector exeC PROGRA AVG go and internet windows website update Can't randomly to disconnects the AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exeC Nexon Mabinogi npkcmsvc exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager Apache Group Apache bin apache exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcLog exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exeC Program Files Can't go to the windows update website and internet disconnects randomly Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC WINDOWS system SNDVOL EXEC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXEC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeC Documents and Settings The Computer Desktop HiJackThis exeO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - Can't go to the windows update website and internet disconnects randomly BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B Can't go to the windows update website and internet disconnects randomly - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO D - F C A -F - FC -B - BAD D E - C WINDOWS system mws dll file missing O - BHO no name - B DC-CC - A F-A D - FA E E A - C WINDOWS system cbXRLcdB dll file missing O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D ... Read more

A:Can't go to the windows update website and internet disconnects randomly

Hello. I am PropagandaPanda (Panda or PP for short), and I will be helping you with your log.I apologize for the delay in response. We get overwhelmed with logs at times, but we are trying our best to keep up. If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favourites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools. Doing so could cause changes to the directions I have to give you and prolong the time required. Further more, you should not be taking any advice relating to this computer from any other source throughout the course of this fix.If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean". We do not want to clean you part-way, only to have the system re-infect itself. Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Download and Run ATFCleanerPlease download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. This program will clear out temporary files before we run OTScanIt. You will likely be logged out of the forum where you are recieving help.This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main Select Files to Delete choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use any other browsers, select them appropriately from the top and empty all items.Download and Run OTScanItDownload OTScanIt by OldTimer to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program. If you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator.Check the Scan all users box at the top left.Change the Drivers setting from "None" to Non-Microsoft.Under the Additional Scans bar, check:
*Reg - Disabled MS Config Items
*Reg - File Associations
*Reg - Uninstall List

Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.Close Notepad (saving the change if necessary).Use the Add Reply button in the forum and Attach the scan back here (do not copy/paste it as it will be too big to fit into the post). It will be located in the OTScanIt folder and named OTScanIt.txt.Download and Run Scan with GMERWe will use GMER to scan for rootkits.Download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here. Close all other running programs. There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.Click the >>>.Click on Settings, then check the first five settings:System Protection and TracingProcesses... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/180119/cant-go-to-the-windows-update-website-and-internet-disconnects-randomly/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I've run all kinds of scanners so far and still have had no success in getting rid of the spyware malware or virus I have Whenever I try Update Load Cannot download Ad-Aware and Website, Updates, Windows more! to go to the MS Cannot Load Windows Update Website, download Ad-Aware Updates, and more! Update website Cannot Load Windows Update Website, download Ad-Aware Updates, and more! IE shows the URL as quot http windowsupdate microsoft com quot however it takes me to the Google english version home page When I try to click Cannot Load Windows Update Website, download Ad-Aware Updates, and more! on search links in Google after running a search it takes me to some random ad website on the first click and if I go back to the search listings and click on the link a second time it will actually go through to the desired website Further on trying to go to the Lavasoft updates website it will not allow me to download the updates When I click on the link for the download it takes me to the IE cannot display webpage notification The link I am trying to download from is http dlserver download lavasoft com public defs zip I cannot run the internal update options on Spybot or Ad-Aware either as they say they cannot connect to the server In short there is something definitely wrong and after running extensive searches and applications of all sorts I have tried Trend Micro online scanner Panda Security's online scanner Spybot Ad-Aware SpyDoctor Microsoft Live Online Scanner Symantec Antivirus and more I've even installed Autorun Eater and TeaTimer to try to get to the bottom of this and to no avail I think its time to let the pros here take a look Thank you for your help in advance I've followed the guide on posting a new issue and have attached the logs as instructed DDS TXT------------------------------DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by K at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT DefWatch exeC Program Files Dell Network Assistant hnm svc exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC WINDOWS system KADxMain exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeC Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVD exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC Program Files Autorun Eater oldmcdonald exeC Program Files DellAutomatedPCTuneUp PTAgnt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Autorun Eater billy exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Southwest Airlines Ding Ding exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Documents and Settings K Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp partnerpage google com smallbiz dell com en us hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us-smb amp ibd BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient d... Read more

A:Cannot Load Windows Update Website, download Ad-Aware Updates, and more!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199411/cannot-load-windows-update-website-download-ad-aware-updates-and-more/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am running Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack I have been experiencing website redirects to various survey sites mostly using Google Chrome Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer Redirects happen mostly from search engines but not just google I have Code [email protected] Disabled Windows with and Website Update Redirects also been blocked from turning on Windows Automatic Updates from the Quickstart bar and the Control panel Attempting to connect directly to the Microsoft Updates site leads to redirects and quot Connection Refused quot errors The system is not noticeably slower very often but when examining active processes sometimes the svchost will grow exponentialy to k at times leading to low memory cache errors The svchost can be terminated manually and then things are fine Any help removing this would be appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS [email protected] Code with Website Redirects and Windows Update Disabled system LEXPPS EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k Akamai C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files internet explorer iexplore exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uInternet Settings ProxyServer http uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c documents and settings all users application data real realplayer browserrecordplugin ie rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft sha... Read more

A:[email protected] Code with Website Redirects and Windows Update Disabled

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401932/tdl4mdr-code-with-website-redirects-and-windows-update-disabled/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have had a number of Windows updates and each time the PC has crashed when they have tried to be installed.

Today I tried again and allowed one installation KB 979306. This failed to install and I got an error code 8024200D. The update that caused the crash was KB 979099. These are both classed as important.

Any ideas what I should do or what the problem may be?

A:Windows Update Causes PC To Crash

Make sure you have already installed Application Compatbility Updates from both sites:
1)The Windows Vista Application Compatibility Update
2)August 2009 Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 Application Compatibility Update

If not please do that and next try again install KB979099

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/271039-windows-update-causes-pc-crash.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I m starting a new thread as it seems my problems have escalated Here s the link to my first thread http forums techguy org all-other-software -windows-explorer-error html So I m in the middle of installing in Windows Crash XP Update a Microsoft Windows XP update from XP Crash in Windows Update the Microsoft website and I get a blue screen It says something about a problem occurring XP Crash in Windows Update that has caused XP Crash in Windows Update Windows to shut down It says something about checking for BIOS updates and disabling caching and shadowing It then says STOP x E xC xF EO OxB C x sr sys - Address F E base at F F Date Stamp cde Physical Memory Dump Complete I had to shut the power down and restart the computer which seemed to go OK I then got a box that says Windows has recovered from a serious error Under technical info it says BCCode e BCP C BCP F E BCP B C BCP OSVer SP Product I m not really sure what I should be doing here Should I try reinstalling the updates nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone I have an problem with my Windows Professional bit system My problem is similar to this thread but since it's old and one poster mentioned quot do not necro-post quot I decided to make a new thread OK so I have a problem When prompt to install an important update I want to know what I am installing So I click onto details This image pops up This problem occurs on other system also but I have rule out the Internet as an issue I have tried with mobile broadband direct connection to the modem tethering with my iPhone I got it when I worked for Apple sex months and my Android sorry important details update Can see not about no Windows phone yet they are too expensive considering my Can not see details about important update needs I am running a Windows Professional bit operating system on a home-built system that has this specification Motherboard ASRock G M-GS CPU Intel Core Duo E MB Cache MHz X FSB MHz RAM GB DDR GPU AMD Radeon HD or the box says and the AMD update says Any thoughts on troubleshooting Kind regards Winky

A:Can not see details about important update

It's seems my picture did not work that well from SkyDrive. Here is a link from my Dropbox instead.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rva168sqfk...dowsUpdate.png

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/276717-can-not-see-details-about-important-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone, I have been having problems installing the kb976932 update for weeks now. I feel like I tried everything. Im about ready to take a sledge hammer to this thing!

My main question, is this really that important?

I am mainly trying to install a printer to my computer which is unsuccessful and one of the troubleshooting suggestion by the printer manufacturer is to make sure the Windows updates are installed. Idk if this could be the problem or not.

A:Is the kb976932 update really that important?

This is Service Pack 1, so it very well could be the answer. I'm not saying that it is because I can't know.

Here's an official Microsoft website for Service Pack 1:

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Source: Information about Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2

The official Microsoft website for Service Pack 1 has a link to download Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center:

Download Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) from Official Microsoft Download Center

You'll see a big list of files to download. Here's some text that explains what each one is for:

Information
7601.17514.101119-1850_Update_Sp_Wave1-GRMSP1.1_DVD.iso - This DVD image contains standalone update for all architectures.
windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe - This application installs Sp1 to a 32-bit machine running Windows 7.
windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe - This application installs Sp1 to a 64-bit machine running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
windows6.1-KB976932-IA64.exe - This application installs Sp1 to an Itanium 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.X86FRE.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (free) for 32-bit machines.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.X86CHK.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (checked) for 32-bit machines.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.AMD64FRE.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (free) for 64-bit machines. This contains debugging symbols for both Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.AMD64CHK.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (checked) for 64-bit machines. This contains debugging symbols for both Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.IA64FRE.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (free) for Itanium 64-bit machines.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.IA64CHK.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (checked) for Itanium 64-bit machines.
You will want either windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe (32-bit) or windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe (64-bit) depending on whether you have 32-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit. Be cautious because there's one named windows6.1-KB976932-IA64.exe. That is for Itanium 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/282768-kb976932-update-really-important.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hi
today i did check for new update
and the windows 8.1 updater found an important update
western digital techologies-other hardware-wd ses device

but i haven't western digital hard drivers ..it'a laptop with a ssd installed

did you notice such upate?

thanks

A:wd ses device in the important update

I didn't get one. Did you install the SSD or did it come with your PC? If you installed it, it could be that the drivers from your old(possibly a WD?) and any registry keys are picked up by Windows update. I've noticed with Ccleaner, it shows a program that is already uninstalled sometimes in Cleaner Applications tab. I then have to go into the registry and do a recursive search for left over keys so it will stop showing up.
Or are you using an USB HDD?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60941-wd-ses-device-important-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have Secunia on my Acer Windows 8 laptop. According to latest scan today it's telling me I need an update for Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.x That I don't understand since I've updated the laptop every time updates have been offered unless Microsoft failed to send it. (However, I haven't undated to Windows 8.1 yet -- I always hang back on that kind of major update to see what happens with everybody else.) I might be savy about a heck of a lot of things to do with computers but I don't know anything about that particular program. I started to read some stuff on it on the net, however, there's so much disagreement on it I gave up trying to figure out what to do. I hope I can get some good advice on that issue here. HELP!

A:Might Be Missing An Update That Could Be Important

Microsoft only publishes new updates for Windows on Tuesdays at 3am but unless if you don't install those updates those updates will be offered to you later if you choose to do so manually. Windows by default installs security important updates by automatically. To see if that update was installed go to the control panel select "Windows Update" then select "View Update History" Windows is great at managing updates on it's own you can also select not to automatically install Windows updates, and choose which ones to update and install. There is no need for 3rd party software to do this for you.

How To Change Windows Update Settings in Windows 8 & 8.1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/might-be-missing-an-update-that-could-be-important-792322.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey

Sorry if this sounds like a really amateur question, but on some websites I see links to update your drivers via a download, and since you're not installing any new hardware, what's the significance of downloading something onto one of your drivers? How does your computer run better after updating? When do you know to replace the driver you have with a new one?

Sophie

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

Internet is allowed on my server without any proxy server. I can access all other websites except from windows update site. When I try to open windows update site, I got error as active contents removed. I have tried by chaging the IE internet options, but not working. Can anyone help me on this? This is blocking me from getting windows update on this server.

OS on my server is Windows 200 SE with SP2
IE version is 8.

Regards,
Sanjay

A:Active contents removed error while accessing windows update website

Allow ActiveX. Make sure your firewall isn't blocking LU. Are you the Admin?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/active-contents-removed-error-while-accessing-windows-update-website-580319.html