Windows Support Forum

HDD issue

Q: HDD issue

Hi all,

I'm working on a XP machine. I think its slowness when installing apps (and also when its installation) is because of the HDD issue. Maybe there are bad sectors. I know that using C:\ drive properties -> tools, I can test the C: drive for bad sectors. But how to see the results!? It's wants me to restart the PC. Is there any log file after finishing of the test?
Is there any better way to find and solve the issue please?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HDD issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HDD issue

The better way is to run a true diagnostic utility like SeaTools. Run a Long Generic test on the drive and see what happens (this will take a while).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-issue.209045/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey I recently put together a PC and I ve been having problems with it since When I initially built it the specs were i GHz Asus p t Motherboard gb RAM gb Sata II HD ATI Radeon Mobo issue? during restart PC PSU issue? tasks. issue? graphic-intensive GPU HD x the card PC restart during graphic-intensive tasks. PSU issue? GPU issue? Mobo issue? with with GPU s W unbranded PSU added m coolermaster fan Shortly after I started using my PC there was a power surge that knocked the power supply out I recently got a new PC restart during graphic-intensive tasks. PSU issue? GPU issue? Mobo issue? power supply A PC restart during graphic-intensive tasks. PSU issue? GPU issue? Mobo issue? W Silverstone PSU that I thought was more than enough for this The problem that would occur now is that the computer would restart during games and sometimes while processing rendering videos in adobe premiere When I would enable the crossfire option on my card to enable both GPU s to work the computer would no longer just restart the entire screen would hang or the colours would go out of sync shortly after which I d have to restart the computer This having happened I assumed the problem was with the graphics card not the new W silverstone I got I upgraded to a newer card Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX mb The specs are now as follows i GHz Asus p t Motherboard gb RAM gb Sata II HD Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX mb W silverstone PSU added m coolermaster fan After upgrading games like modern warfare will restart in missions that has a lot of smoke during a standard windows assessment process the computer will also restart There is no overheating issue the temperatures are normal Total power requirement falls well below W The graphics card is brand new So now I m thinking it is either the PSU that is faulty or the mobo that got screwed during the surge or possibly given my general luck in things the new graphics card is faulty but since i was having the exact same problem with the old graphics card that seems unlikely Any help would be appreciated I ve been at this for over weeks now with no end Thanks -A nbsp

A:PC restart during graphic-intensive tasks. PSU issue? GPU issue? Mobo issue?

You've got Asus motherboard, hence the first thing I'll look at considering the issues you are having, is at RAM settings/voltage in the board's BIOS, these should be exactly the same as on RAM packaging, but even that doesn't guarantee that it may not be the issue, so basically you'll need to fiddle around a bit with settings/voltage in case default specs doesn't work.

You may also consider stress testing your graphic card using OCCT (including vRam). Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restart-during-graphic-intensive-tasks-psu-issue-gpu-issue-mobo-issue.153842/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello all and Happy New Year,

Recent problem with a 5 year old HP desktop.

Turn it on it goes through the BIOS and starts up as normal. Once it gets to the Windows 7 introduction screen it freezes. It never makes it to the desktop screen.

What do you guys think? virus? HP problem? win7 problem?

opinions please.

thanks

A:Windows 7 issue? Virus/Malware issue? or HP issue? i don't know

Hi test the hardware memtest 86 + for the ram and seatools for dos on the hard drive if they pass ok then you could try a start up repair from your install or recovery disc.
download the pre-built iso zip from here Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool and burn to a disc unzip it first use imgburn The Official ImgBurn Website to burn the iso to disc Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums
SeaTools for DOS tutorial

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-issue-virus-malware-issue-or-hp-issue-i-dont-know-681903.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Ok I ve checked a bunch of sites and seen people with similar issues but none have exactly the same problems I m having I have Windows XP and frequently used ZoneAlarm Spybot Adaware and Spywareblaster HJT did not solve this problem for me My computer freezes at the log in of the time unless I login in safe mode if I m able to log in safe mode or not I get a RPC error that says the PC will shut down in seconds of the time I cannot run install antivirus because I get a quot not a valid issue, rpc issue... issue, freezing help networking win application quot message cannot connect to wireless connection and shows error message when the wireless adapter loads there s a spot for it next to the clock but the icon s invisible sometimes reboots randomly without the rpc issue, freezing issue, networking issue... help win app message sometimes goes to a black screen and then comes back then showing a quot system has recovered rpc issue, freezing issue, networking issue... help from a serious error please tell Microsoft quot message shows a blue screen at startup saying win autocheck didn t work then finishes startup through the login screen cannot system restore because no restore points are visible before infection So far I ve been able to keep the PC running in safe mode occasionally thanks to Run gt shutdown -a The disc drives weren rpc issue, freezing issue, networking issue... help t reading for awhile but I ve gotten those to load again I tried to uninstall my wireless adapter to reinstall but I get an error message quot InstallShield Engine iKernel exe could not be launched The RPC server is unavailable quot I m pretty sure I already disabled the RPC years ago so I m wondering how this is even a problem I managed to successfully run HJT once and it didn t do much for me Since I don t have networking I can t transfer my HJT log to this post but I can ID every file except O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k I m pretty much out of ideas on how to fix this and could really use some help I tried to install the patch for w blaster worm and it s not a valid application I tried Symantec s removal tool and it said that worm is not found on the system So the only thing I know for certain is that it s not w blaster or at least the SAME w blaster Any help would be much appreciated

A:rpc issue, freezing issue, networking issue... help

Oh boy, that is a lot of issues, it would most likely take less time and effort if you just backed up your data and do a full wipe and reformat.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196371/rpc-issue-freezing-issue-networking-issue-help/
Relevancy 27.52%

Every since windows 10 upgrade i have been having issues with my audio. When i start a video for the first time i will hear crackling and poping noise then it will catch up after i pause the video and play again.  Then the audio slowly goes out of sync.  At first i thought that were my speakers, but it was happening over headphones as well.  I tried the latest version of driver along with switching to the windows 10 generic audio drivers.  Anyone else having issues with this?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19981613
Relevancy 27.52%

The computer's a year old running XP and my incredibly card slow. mode issue? Driver Safe issue? Video boyfriend and I have no idea what's wrong with it it's his I'd put in hardware support but I don't know which piece of hardware may be corrupted exploding as we speak or what It began last night He's done this before -- he has two monitors one meant for a TV I believe and another old computer screen Normally it runs on the TV one because it's bigger He switched to the older one to show me how he can adjust the settings so that it's all vertical That was great and dandy and we didn't expect any issues He's done it before and it really isn't doing much to the computer Later after midnight he goes to switch everything back to normal First the computer acts like Driver issue? Video card issue? Safe mode incredibly slow. the monitor is there but that it can't do anything -- it tries to go into sleep mode or something Then I suggest he unplug Driver issue? Video card issue? Safe mode incredibly slow. shut down plug things back in normally and power back up This appears to work I was a bit happy then until we got to the XP loading screen It's going and then after it flashes then goes black Nothing comes up nothing does anything And so the three hour saga of last night begins We restart we spam F we get into safe mode he disables Nvidia but can't open the application Nor does his mouse function in safe mode I know some don't but it really doesn't help the situation I've used my laptop to bring up shortcut keys and we're functioning through everything that way He restarts after disabling Nvidia and nothing's different Spam F repeat We go to the device manager and look for any signs of danger He re-enables Nvidia restarts nothing different He tries looking for updates and he tells me that Nvidia doesn't need any nor does anything else in the device manager so far as he can see I'd written down the driver for Nvidia prepared to find any updates online and download it and somehow get it to him since even in safe mode with networking it didn't seem like he could get to the internet He's already started trying things again today but I think he wants to give up and just throw it out which we really can't do This makes no sense either so I refuse to give up until I find out what the heck is wrong with it in the first place Furthermore in safe mode everything is running incredibly slowly I don't know if this is normal since I've never had to do this but I'm talking - minutes between each command sometimes We also could not enter VGA mode for some reason nor are we able to normally boot He went to F and possibly F as well and couldn't find anything there that looked helpful but I just don't know what's going on or where to look because nothing appears to be wrong besides the way that it's acting Please and thank you so much I'll greatly appreciate anyone who can quickly assist and stick around for a little while for our answers as they'll take some time with the speed of the computer right now The Nvidia driver is Nvidia GeForce SE nForce I'm on my laptop if that wasn't clear which is a separate computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/driver-issue-video-card-issue-safe-mode-incredibly-slow-405321.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me out here because I'm majorly frustrated at this point Regardless of the device I use I can preview photos on the device and they are the correct color 'I'm losing my issue? this Photos or change - Is an a issue mind' graphics color They are also the correct color when viewed in paint photoshop or quicktime windows preview However they get fuzzy and green when viewed in a windows gallery or when uploaded to a site such as imageshack I can open the same file side by side one in photoshop and one in windows live photo gallery at the same time and one will be the right color and the other will be green Here are examples This photo appears blue to me Photos change color - Is this a graphics issue or an 'I'm losing my mind' issue? This one is slightly green and fuzzier The same file in the same format was used to upload both What really confuses me however is that I viewed the link to the green photo on a different computer and it looks the same as the blue one So as far as I know everyone who clicks on those links is thinking quot But they're the same and you're crazy quot Which is arguable depending on the crowd but they really don't look the same to me I'm using a Slimline s n with Windows Vista Home Edition and NVIDIA GeForce SE Graphics This is a fairly recent issue and is apparently inexplicably selective I have played around with saving the files in various formats but it doesn't make a difference and also doesn't explain why I view the same file in the same format differently depending on what program I use and when I upload it Anyone have any idea what's happening here

A:Photos change color - Is this a graphics issue or an 'I'm losing my mind' issue?

Hello, yes, they looked the same to me, as to why one program shows blue, and another shows green is weird tho.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/294785-photos-change-color-graphics-issue-im-losing-my-mind-issue.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Whenever I click on a link in google I get sent to over click and other sites such as lt http www info com gimp cmp amp cb amp affiliate a f f aebbe e gt throgh a bunch of sites that have Trjoan Redirect (Suspected Issue) Issue Rootkit/Backdoor Firefox a green globe as a favicon and overclick sometimes My logs Firefox Redirect Issue (Suspected Rootkit/Backdoor Trjoan Issue) are below I use Windows XP Home Edition and have the latest Java BTW DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jonathan at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exesvchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files eMachines Bay Reader shwiconem exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exeC WINDOWS zHotkey exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files SweetIM Messenger SweetIM exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitnet exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS wanmpsvc exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Jonathan Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp search orbitdownloader comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search live com results aspx q searchTerms amp src referrer source uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuInternet Settings ProxyOverride localuURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dlluURLSearchHooks SweetIM ToolbarURLSearchHook Class eee c d- - dc- c - c - c program files sweetim toolbars internet explorer mgHelper dllBHO Octh Class b - b - -b f -f b efc - c program files orbitdownloader orbitcth dllBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Megaupload Toolbar e bd f- b d- e-ccb -b eedbe c - c progra megaup MEGAUP DLLBHO B - C- ECC- A B- AF DDC A - No FileBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO D CB -C CD- c f-BFDC- B AFBDC C - No FileBHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - c program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SEPsearchhelperie dllBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch A FB BD dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - c program files windows live toolbar wltcore dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie ... Read more

A:Firefox Redirect Issue (Suspected Rootkit/Backdoor Trjoan Issue)

Hello ArrimanTheKid,Uninstall these old verson of Java, as old veriosn are malware magnetsJava™ 6 Update 4Java™ 6 Update 5Java™ 6 Update 7Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.Please post the contents of that document.*****************We need to disable your Windows Defender Real-time Protection as it may interfere with the fixes that we need to make. Open Windows Defender. Click on Tools, General Settings. Scroll down and uncheck Turn on real-time protection (recommended). After you uncheck this, click on the Save button and close Windows Defender.After all of the fixes are complete it is very important that you enable Real-time Protection again.Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from one of these places:http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=buttonhttp://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.htmlhttp://www.besttechie.net/mbam/mbam-setup.exeDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. * Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan. * The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note) * The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. * Copy&Paste the entire MBAM report (even if it does not find anything) in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235227/firefox-redirect-issue-suspected-rootkitbackdoor-trjoan-issue/
Relevancy 27.52%

The issue is simply everytime I've used Etrust virus scan when in Internet explorer (have to be) I minimize it, and when I bring it to normal it's fine, but minimize it and bring it up when it's in the Java folder it freezes, should I do an individual scan on the Java folder to see if it has viruses or just make it a special do not scan folder and un-click it when scanning?

A:Solved: Etrust Viruscan does not like Java Program folder: not virus issue but scanning issue

Hi, Often the applets stored from Java usage will trigger either a detection or an issue as you are seeing from antivirus scanners.

I'd suggest clearing the Java cache: see the attached screenshot, your version may be slightly different but you should be able to see where to look, and what to do. (The attached pic is from a slightly older version of the Java...the steps below are up to date, though)

Control Panel> (Switch to Classic View)> open Java

Find the Settings tab/button, and open that...then find the Delete Files button and click that.
It's just deleting the temporary files left from Java applet usage.

Then, after clearing the cache, run your scan again and see if it works correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-etrust-viruscan-does-not-like-java-program-folder-not-virus-issue-but-scanning-issue.654605/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello!

I upgraded to Windows 10 today. I have two issues.

1. I play a game called "Starcraft II" and I have a problem with the game minimizing and maximizing sometimes very slowly, every 5th attempt or so. During this time it takes up to 40 seconds for the game to go through with the maximizing/minimizing process, and ending the task with task manager is not possible.

I have tried messing with MSConfig and reinstalling the game. No luck. Any suggestions?

2. I have an old HDD on my PC installed with windows 7, and on my windows 7 SSD installation I could simply search for shortcuts I placed from my HDD into my SSD. This is no longer possible. Any advice?

Thank you!

Relevancy 27.52%

Typing this super quick. As I'm sure, the stupid popup will appear again. When trying to access any websites, a message comes up. It isn't an error message or the "unresponsive script" message. It is different. It has lots of code on it. Probably the url of what it's trying to access. This would normally happen in the background, and the user shouldn't see it.

I googled part of the message, and it mentioned something about a user agent...whatever that is. I just want the message(s) to stop popping up! Any help is much appreciated.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing:

A:Firefox Issue - Constant popup - User agent issue?

User agent info is identifying information about your browser, system, and region plus a unique identifier that your browser sends to websites it visits. I would try resetting your browser if you don't have settings you are worried about losing by doing that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609906/firefox-issue-constant-popup-user-agent-issue/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello I am was wondering if someone could help me determine if there is an infection with my computer The most recent issue is that I am getting an C WINDOWS winstart bat is offline - it is currently not available error on two recent - Infection Chrome issue, with Issue avast! Potential scan Quick Scans using avast in the past two days I've run SUPERAntiSpyware SAS MBAM Spybot S amp D MB Anti-rootkit and have found no issues other than tracking cookies In Potential Infection - avast! scan issue, Issue with Chrome addition I had tried to install amp run Kapersky's free one-time scanner but was unable to install twice due to insufficient permissions and once where the installation stopped during the download phase some message about server connection Note if I look for the winstart bat file using Windows Explorer it doesn't show the file even with the option of seeing hidden files yet when I run show-hidden -f it shows the file as being hidden in that location I e C Windows winstart bat Note that the only virus issues I have had over the past months have been when ComboFix was compromised with Sality I believe I isolated that issue as AVG SAS SpyBot and CCleaner were able to eradicate most of the issues In addition in the past I have had issues with Chrome which were unusual The first occurrence was during August last year where the Facebook title of a Most Visited tile was a name of person I had not visited recently If I understand the mechanics properly there is a local name of a tile associated with a screenshot capture Then Chrome will get the title of that URL from a DNS server after about - seconds after running and the title will be re-named Again what was odd was not that the Facebook tile was a title other than Facebook it was for a person who I had not visited in some time months honestly I inspected the element and saw that the title was this person's name and opened the 'Top Sites' file using SQLite Database Browser and the title of that URL was the person's name Eventually I uninstalled Chrome and it finally went away I thought nothing serious of the behavior until it started to happen again recently But this time not only was the Facebook tile people's names this time whose pages I had visited but I was getting strange titles such as 'hero' or 'Ye Jin ' I can say that I have never visited Facebook pages with those names and that I am very careful about clicking on links in Facebook so as to avoid apps and or viruses In addition normally if you hover the tile in the bottom-left corner the associated URL will be displayed normally for a person's page it would be https www facebook com FirstName Lastname but in all of these cases it was for the root URL i e just https www facebook com Then I continuously got Chrome crashes whenever I closed Chrome and these persisted until I disabled RealPlayer Downloader extension However when I visited Chrome's History page I would see that it showed me visiting Facebook pages for people I had not visited again this is after a full uninstall and after I had cleared the cache and database using CCleaner Again when hovering over the History URL entry that was named a person whose page I hadn't visited it would show the root URL And lastly if I visited the history a few minutes later that entry would be gone I have begun to use Firefox over the past two weeks so I am unable to say if the issue remains but given the recent avast issue with winstart bat I thought I would mention it as odd behavior that may or may not be related Thanks for any help you can provide Tucan

A:Potential Infection - avast! scan issue, Issue with Chrome

Hello as I see others had this same issue with Avast..http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=63525.0 The solution is a new topic for a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486988/potential-infection-avast-scan-issue-issue-with-chrome/
Relevancy 27.52%

I posted the same on their tech support forum but I'm beginning to think the issue while it may have been exacerbated by the game Guildwars is likely on my end but I have a memory issue? (GW2 space GPU update can't Also, HD crashing) driver Odd issue? number of suggestions none of which has worked Also tried my own stuff Anyway here is what I posted on their own tech forum ------ Having a lot of issues getting into gw I have bits and pieces Odd memory issue? HD space issue? Also, can't update GPU driver (GW2 crashing) of problems others have had in the past but nothing seems to work so I m re-downloading the game basically All I want to do is play the freaking game why does it have to be so much trouble Once in awhile I will get that blue and yellow graphical glitch on something Just more info for diagnosis If and when this happens it s always immediately apparent at character select However The biggest problem I have with GW is also on login it either crashes or bluescreens my computer right after clicking play and the client tries to load for - seconds For the past few days of the time it just crashes If I try to patch after that point the patcher stops at Downloading KB and will not budge from it Not even to log in I have to reboot my computer to get it past Downloading KB One post I found said that they started having all these problems after downloading a number of games on Steam which I have done off and on due to a friend getting me a few gifts until their HD shrank down to gigs Same here and the problem got worse around that same time frame Since downloading Chivalry last week which put me down to gigs I ve been crashing times However after deleting Tera and Aion then having around gigs of space I m still having the same issue I tried updating my video card nVidia s GTX driver but for some reason it just continuously failed So I tried a slightly older version Failed So I tried the oldest video card driver installer I could find in my folders still failed So I went and dug up the freaking basic driver CD installer that came with it That worked Tried updating drivers again failed again So I had to run the CD again I also tried restoring my computer to last week prior to downloading Chivalry prior to updating any drivers That too failed Your system cannot be restored to this date and changes were reverted or something to that effect Yes I picked one of the ones it told me to pick Since running the CD for my oldest driver my screen also flashes black initially after my desktop appears when booting my computer As an additional note for the past few weeks whenever I want to get on GW it seems like it ABSOLUTELY HAS TO BE THE FIRST THING I DO PERIOD OR IT WILL CRASH However if it s the first thing I can use my computer just fine as normal But if I say load up Google Chrome and surf for a minute at all GW was guaranteed to crash However if I loaded GW first before absolutely anything else it would usually load not always and with the game still open I could browse do whatever with absolutely no issue at all I just want to play the game anyone have any insight ---------- In addition here is the information from the error crash log of the game itself that may help with some insight Crash lt Fatal Error Fatal disk-error on read App Gw exe Pid Cmdline BaseAddr ProgramId Build When - - T Z - - T - Uptime days Flags System lt Name ZEKE-QECX F PA IpAddr Processors GenuineIntel OSVersion Windows bit System Memory lt Physical MB MB Paged MB MB Virtual MB MB Load CommitTotal MB CommitLimit MB CommitPeak MB SystemCache MB HandleCount ProcessCount ThreadCount Process Memory lt Private MB WorkingSet MB PeakWorkingSet MB PageFaults DbgHelp dll is C WINDOWS system dbghelp dll DbgHelp dll version -bit compatible ThreadPoolFile Thread xe lt Trace lt Pc c f Fr fcc Rt e Arg ea e ea b aa Pc e Fr fcf Rt f Arg feb aa db fa fe Pc f Fr fe Rt f f Arg db fa fe db fa fac Pc f f Fr fe c Rt fe Arg db fa fe a db fa Pc fe Fr fe Rt a Arg db fa fac Pc... Read more

A:Odd memory issue? HD space issue? Also, can't update GPU driver (GW2 crashing)

Unfortunately, though I thought I did, I have no images of the odd cyan/yellow graphics glitch, and I have no way of getting one (google didn't turn up any that looked the same as mine, granted some were similar).

Edit - I also noticed after re-enabling page memory on my primary drive after freeing up some space, that in the error logs, the amount of paged memory in use is for some reason higher. I can't imagine why this is, but maybe I don't understand the process.

*--> System Memory <--*
Physical:   845MB/ 2047MB  41%
Paged:     5375MB/ 7009MB  76%
Virtual:    822MB/ 2047MB  40%
Load: 58%

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486933/odd-memory-issue-hd-space-issue-also-cant-update-gpu-driver-gw2-crashing/
Relevancy 27.52%

I waited until the last minute (literally) to upgrade from Win7 to Win10. During the wait I kept up with all the Win10 HP blogs. My HP all-in-1 printer works great thanks to the support blog but I am still having difficulty getting my BOSE speakers to sound as they did with Beats on Win 7. I have downloaded and installed the compatible IDT HiDef Audio CODEC driver but the sound quality is still poor. The "Speakers/Headphones" property sound setting is "24-bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)". I would like to adjust the treble/bass settings as before - I want my BOSE speakers back!! Any recent recommendations?Thanx!!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Windows-10-Upgrade-Beats-sound-issue-same-issue-new/td-p/5752651
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey I just got a new motherboard cpu smaller case really nice looking media center edition black case It all booted up fine got most the drivers I have an gb HDD on SATA and a gb on SATA bit on bit on Default to bit It was all working fabulously before and I fried my CPU so I decided to go the extra mile for a new mobo and case as well My bit XP is fine has all the drivers everything is tested USB front and back front and back audio and everything else On x though it had all the drivers I even saw it in Device Manager previous to the chaos and from what I think did it and Issue Play Issue/Device Manager Windows SP2 XP x64 Plug was GlarysTools or something like that I uninstalled it so it has no 'recovery' backup from before Long story short I have no Windows XP SP2 x64 Plug and Play Issue/Device Manager Issue device manager that properly works the console will open but no devices show I've done work with it I've researched and such and found out that it might have something to do with Plug and Play I have no 'Plug and Play' service that could be an issue though I don't know for sure but I have Universal Plug and Play Device Host and SSDP Discovery Service though both of those are started and properly working on 'automatic' setting have restarted the PC numerous times and restarted the services numerous times with no avail I also get the message quot Configuration Manager The Plug and Play service or another required service is not available quot when double-clicking ANY service It still goes to the properties prompt but it displays that beforehand Any knowledgable input is appreciated thanks Right now I just finished downloading Service Pack and I'm going to reinstall it see if that helps at all I'm doubting it will but its worth a try I have nothing of value with this install just don't feel like REinstalling it since I have done MY customizations with it added my own programs etc Hope some people could help me out thanks in advance

A:Windows XP SP2 x64 Plug and Play Issue/Device Manager Issue

Hey again... sorry, I'm very impatient, so I just decided to reinstall everything. So... problem resolved, mods can close the thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-sp2-x64-plug-and-play-issue-device-manager-issue-200556.html
Relevancy 27.52%

nbsp Attach txt nbsp nbsp KB Wall Format Issue Redirect Issue Internet My Security and nbsp nbsp downloadsMy computer was infected with the fake program Windows Vista Recovery I followed the instructions on the removal guide and it fixed the issues with the computer I downloaded and ran TDSS killer Rkill Unhide and I have Malwarebytes Pro and scanned the computer and removed all infected files that it found Internet Redirect Issue and My Security Wall Format Issue then I also went through my registry and deleted all files on the removal guide that were associated with the fake program I ran Internet Redirect Issue and My Security Wall Format Issue the TDSS killer and nothing was happening no window no results nothing was happening when I open the program Internet Explorer is redirecting me to sites when I go to google and search and click on a link that have nothing in common with what I have clicked on Also I am getting random popup windows with out clicking on the internet link on my desktop I can not enable my protection on Malwarebytes because Windows Security center is saying that My Security Wall is reporting a format that is no longer supported Thanks for any help Here are the logs from DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Wowa at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows SMINST BLService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPService C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster rbmonitor exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp... Read more

A:Internet Redirect Issue and My Security Wall Format Issue

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth Code, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create a FULL OTL ReportPlea... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/400492/internet-redirect-issue-and-my-security-wall-format-issue/
Relevancy 27.09%

i have two computers, one of which i am typing this on, the other which is haveing BSOD problems. The BSOD after about 12 mintues of run time. which is why i am having troble getting the mini dumps on the computer. I have no idea what could have caused this but i am sure it is not a ram issue becuase i have checked both my 1 gb sticks and the both work fine. i have more mini-dumps however i can upload them due to space on forum.

A:BSOD issue on Vista (not a RAM issue) will try to include minidumps

here are some of the remaining minidumps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-issue-on-vista-not-a-ram-issue-will-try-to-include-minidumps.179898/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello forum So I just updated my Nvidea graphics card and for some reason after restarting my laptop in order to install these files to the system the quot System Thread Exception Not Handled quot BSOD card Issue? Graphics issue/Avast Blue screen error flashed on my screen and later redirected me to an automatic repair screen which attempted to fix this issue I ended up restarting the laptop on safe mode uninstall my Nvidea graphics card and completely reinstall it from scratch But for some BSOD Graphics card issue/Avast Issue? reason it keeps giving me the same error each time I restart my laptop After some research online apparently there's an issue with Avast and Nvidea You will find attached the SF Diagnostic Tool grab all option files needed to view the issue at hand Any help would greatly be helpful Many are saying that I've not been installing the corrent drivers but that's not possible as it's directly from the MSI website GT NE linked to the official Nvidea website saying that the driver includes my graphics card M While other people are saying that maybe Avast is causing some issue towards the graphics card I have the Avast Professional Antivirus Laptop Specs Windows MSI Dragon Edition GT NE Intel Core i - QM CPU GHz bit NVIDIA GeForce GTX M Intel HD Graphics Any help would greatly be appreciated I'm currently running my laptop without the nVidea Graphics Card Drivers and seems to be fine so far Regards Ic d

A:BSOD Graphics card issue/Avast Issue?

This appears to be a duplicate topic
The other one is here: BSOD System Thread Exception Not Handled Error/Nvidea Card

I responded to the other one.
You may want to PM a staff member to have this one deleted (to prevent confusion)

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51750-bsod-graphics-card-issue-avast-issue.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there I initiated transfering a domain I have to a new host Still in the day window before the transfer actually happens I should be able to edit the site not developed yet just parked Renamed the nameservers to point to the new host Everyone can connect to the site but me I was unable to connect to the new host cpanel unless I use the host's direct link If ISP error one site issue? to Redirect issue? Windows I use the site link I'm redirected back to the old host's homepage If I try to connect to the site Windows issue? ISP issue? Redirect error to one site directly I always receive a redirect or loop error message - on all browsers I have tried clearing out the cache and deleting cookies No joy I have uninstalled and reinstalled a browser - no joy I have tried other computers on my home network - all have the same issue Even tried my Iphone on wifi same problem Off wifi no problem connecting Everyone else can connect to the site without issue I can ping the site via command prompt without issue I powered off on the router - no joy I powered off on the modem and router - no joy I used a computer hardwired into the router - same issue I connected one computer directly into the modem - same problem If I use a proxy server I can access the site Otherwise I get the error message Firefox The page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete Chrome This webpage has a redirect loop ERR TOO MANY REDIRECTS Explorer This page can t be displayed I'm at wit's end Please help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575078/windows-issue-isp-issue-redirect-error-to-one-site/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am at my absolute wits end with this I have built many computers but never run into anything so persistent or destructive to my sanity Almost exactly year ago Extremely issue/shutdown issue. power persistant I built a computer here is the original configuration - year old case exact name manufacturer unknown is gone now Apevia ATX-AS W power supply w - carried over Extremely persistant power issue/shutdown issue. from old build Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD motherboard AMD FX- Black Edition Vishera -Core GHz G SKILL Ares F - C D- GAB x gb ddr GIGABYTE GeForce GTX GB WINDFORCE gfx card WD D AALS- L B gb standard HDD - also carried over from old build Running windows ultimate bit Computer is built runs fine no issues for if I recall at least the first few months One day it shuts down Extremely persistant power issue/shutdown issue. randomly No power down no BSOD no power surge no extreme load no extreme heat no freeze screen artifacts nothing that would give a clue it simply instantaneously almost faster than pulling the plug ceases to be on I search for error logs check wiring check PSU seating of cards etc install CPUID HWMonitor to watch heat etc Issue does not repeat itself for days then happens randomly again Over the course Extremely persistant power issue/shutdown issue. of a couple of months it recurs constantly but never for a quot reason quot there s no power issues no loose wires not based on heat not based on load not based on specific software or anything I can find So assuming it s a PSU issue I replace the PSU it now has a Corsair GS w power supply Issue does not recur for a while seems fixed Few weeks later happens again Sometimes it happens once in a week sometimes it happens times in a night and is barely functional at best Of note it often would require shutting off the PSU switch or unplugging it before it could be rebooted assuming I needed to discharge capacitors Another note is that it would sometimes require to repeat this process many times before it would power on repeatedly it on pressing power button it would power on for lt second before instantly shutting off Additional testing is done memtest is ran for hours on each stick of ram individually They do not fail at all Graphics card is swapped for a much older but still compatible ATI Radeon Thing sounds like a wind tunnel and is like years old but it works Failure continues to happen occasionally Motherboard is RMA d - unable to find a reason for failure that makes any sense at this point I RMA the motherboard It takes Gigabyte a rather long time weeks if I recall to process and send back but they do so in the end sending me the exact same motherboard with no information I call them and find out that they had sent it back saying quot no failure quot The hard drive is replaced with a gb Sandisk SDSSDHII- G-G SSD Windows is reinstalled for probably the th time After having a brand new issue with PCI-e power save setting messing with my hard drive - which gets solved the old roblem persists This has been going on now for nearly a year though occasionally I ll have several weeks of daily use without failure One day while pulling my hair out and wondering what gods I have offended to deserve this I notice that just barely touching the motherboard power connector is enough to trigger the failure Eureka I ve found it I m not going through that RMA again so I decide I m going to buy a new motherboard I get a GIGABYTE GA- FXA-UD R as a replacement Having noticed high but not within auto-shutoff range heat I also get a new CPU cooler - a cooler master Hyper EVO and my ratty old case is replaced by a Corsair CC- -WW I thought maybe faulty wiring or something New components arrived last week were assembled together Monday morning - with a surprisingly similar motherboard and the installation of some new drivers for it I am able to avoid having to re-install windows Computer works great now temps are down a solid degrees with better airflow better wiring and a better cpu... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-persistant-power-issue-shutdown-issue.1166342/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi guys i ve got a problem reboot issue graphics and issue NVIDIA card with my toshiba qosmio g I reboot issue and graphics card issue NVIDIA ve had it running sweet on xp and i recently upgraded it to vista ultimate lite It for some reason won t read my graphics card geforce it says the best driver is already installed for you called standard graphics adapter but thats wrong so i can t play games so im gonna put it back to xp but to do that is a mission this laptop has raid harddrives so I need to install a driver so i press f or whatever it is can t remember to enter the menu thing this is at the blue screen before you enter the partition menu it comes up with something like quot please enter you manufactuers disk into the A quot but i don t have a floppydrive built in to be able i ve tryed usb floppydrivebut it doesn t read as A so can use on of them I ve heard about useing nlite to put the drivers in a cd with the rebootstuff but i can t getit to read the drivers too it was easy enough going to vista as you could insert a flash drive with drivers on it Please help me fix this or ill have to take it into a shop and pay them nbsp

A:reboot issue and graphics card issue NVIDIA

Do you have AHCI or RAID as an option to select in BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reboot-issue-and-graphics-card-issue-nvidia.918232/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a Dell Dimension 9150 and I have a couple of problems.

Firstly, when the PC boots up, there are squares / dots on the monitor similar to the following picture:

Secondly, I have tried to re-install Windows XP twice, and if I leave the CD in it boots into Windows - but if I remove the CD and reboot the computer it says 'no boot device available'.

Any ideas / comments would be very much appreciated.

Thank you :)

A:[SOLVED] Graphics issue / Hard drive issue? Help!

Also, I've just run the hard drive diagnostics and it looks like the hard drive is fine - so not quite sure what's up with it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-graphics-issue-hard-drive-issue-help-702943.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi The old adage of quot when you re in Avgssie.dll and be Issue. to seem issue. Malware/Spyware fejokt.dll the a hole stop digging quot seems highly appropriate for me I got a virus malware issue from an exe file I rather unwisely ran I couldn t run MalwareBytes software or seem to Malware/Spyware Issue. Avgssie.dll and fejokt.dll seem to be the issue. access any websites Iused an uninfected PC to find a solution on some antivirus forums and using a couple of their ideas I cleaned my PC so I thought I have used SuperAntiSpyware Vundofix RemoveIT SDFix I cannot use or access Malwarebytes Software Kaspersky AVG or even the SuperAntiSpyware in quot normal quot mode - I have to load it in Alternate When I cleaned the PC it said I had a virus file which was deleted and Malware/Spyware Issue. Avgssie.dll and fejokt.dll seem to be the issue. several infections upon reboot I seem to be quot clean quot for or minutes before it starts acting up again I have attached the log below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS system S trayp exe C WINDOWS system AccelerometerSt Exe C Program Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program InterVideo DVD Check DVDCheck exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program SUPERAntiSpyware f d cb- fee- e -ac - fd ce exe C Program Option Telenor Mobilt Bredband Telenor Mobilt Bredband exe C Program Delade filer Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program FileZilla Server FileZilla Server exe C Program Option Telenor Mobilt Bredband GtDetectSc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName L nkar O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Delade filer Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - C Program AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Delade filer Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Hewlett-Packard Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl exe C Program Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run VTTimer VTTimer exe O - HKLM Run S Trayp S trayp exe O - HKLM Run AccelerometerSysTrayApplet c WINDOWS system AccelerometerSt Exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe tray O - HKLM Run Adobe Read... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-spyware-issue-avgssie-dll-and-fejokt-dll-seem-to-be-the-issue.803450/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello I bought a Windows Asus laptop about a month back and have been running into a few issues I actually have tried asking the Microsoft tech forums directly but issue issue + Full Sleep Screen Video with a Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue lack of responses I feel I need to ask elsewhere There are two issues I have here that I'm trying to fix Neither are laptop breaking at the moment but I'd like to fix them for the purpose of fluidity etc First off I'd like to explain that I managed to find a work around for my touchscreen not working after the laptop went into sleep mode only for a different issue to crop up I recently noticed that the time my laptop was taking to wake up from sleep wasn't actually it waking up from sleep It restarted the laptop The laptop goes to sleep just fine but upon opening the lid OR if I leave the lid open and hit a button to wake it up the laptop takes about - sec to quot wake up quot but in reality it appears to reboot the laptop Secondly I've encountered this issue from the very moment I downloaded Mozilla Firefox The video on fullscreen mode for any site and any streaming agent Update all addons drivers etc use to stutter I worked out a fix where now it lags or stutters now and then I'm not sure how to remove the issue altogether I've tried safe mode and fresh installations of firefox but the issues remain As of now the hardware acceleration is disabled alongside opengl This issue does not present itself on microsoft Edge on the same sites videos Same resolution for the video But as a long standing user of Firefox and someone who loves my scriptblocker switching to Edge doesn't seem possible I've tried

A:Sleep issue + Full Screen Video issue

For your first issue:

The ASUS drivers have been known to cause problems with the Windows 10 sleep process for some systems. One of the ASUS system drivers is an Intel Management Engine driver and this has been known to cause the behaviour you describe. You can temporarily disable it to see if it makes a difference. If it does you can try uninstalling it and allowing W10 to replace it with the generic driver from the Microsoft driver database.

I can't provide any guidance for your second issue, I use Edge and am growing to like it.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41517-sleep-issue-full-screen-video-issue.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I have an HP M1522 NF multi function peripheral attached to a PC running

Windows 7.

I needed to re install the drivers and software the other day but now it

will only install the printer drivers and not the scanner drivers or any

of the accompaying software?

I have tried deleting as many registry entries as I could find and any

files and folders accept any dll files in the system32 folder beacuse I do

not know which ones to delete and everytime I try and install the new

software from the HP website it almost finishes then I get a Fatal Error

message.

It says that it has found a newer version of the same software please go

to the HP support website for help Fatal Error: MSI.hpp.l Service?

I have posted to the HP forum but have received no replies for quite some

time now?

Any help would ne really apprecited.

Thanks.

A:HP Multi Print/Scan Issue Re Install Issue?

Hello Fool Monkey. Welcome to the Forum.

You don't say what W7 OS you're using (Home, Premium, etc.) or whether the new printer drivers are from CD/DVD or download, or whether this is a USB connection. That info could be important.

You might want to perform a System Restore to a date before you tried upgrading the drivers and deleting files and keys. This is a general rule in making any system changes with me. I always create a restore point before any system change. If I don't like the results I go back, then try something else. The reason for this is that you don't "dig yourself a hole", where one bad change compounds with another, etc etc, and you've got a mess.

It is not unusual for a driver package to not install a "new" scanner driver. That is simply because the one you have on your system is the same as the "new" one. The package will update the (newer) printer driver and that's all. If you try to force older or incorrect drivers into the system you could trigger those errors.

Try this:
Find where the driver files are located on the DVD or download (if it is a zip file) and note the path.
Go to Devices & Printers > Add a Printer (top bar)
Choose "Add a Local Printer" (is it a local printer?) > Next
Use an existing Port > Choose USB001 from the drop down box (is it connected by USB?) > Next
In the Install The Printer Driver Window, navigate to the folder where the printer drivers are stored > Next
Plug in the printer and test.
Let's see if that works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/145962-hp-multi-print-scan-issue-re-install-issue.html
Relevancy 27.09%

dear TSF specialist I have windows xp in the last day I encounter (and upload installer issue windows issue?) [SOLVED] some problems when tring to use windows installer i [SOLVED] windows installer issue (and upload issue?) e when I install uninstall programs sometimes not allways this message appears Windows Installer the Windows installer Service could not be accessed [SOLVED] windows installer issue (and upload issue?) This can occur if Windows Installer is [SOLVED] windows installer issue (and upload issue?) not correctly installed Contact please help thank you niv jokop I just might add that I recently sent a post on another issue slow startup no sound no internet classi but after trying a system restore I think most of the issues are solved I have internet access for example but this windows installer issue is valid also I guess there are other minor problems I tried attach a TSF XP Support zip file from today if needed embarrassing I couldnt upload the TSF XP Support zip using ie or firefox so Ive added to the title quot and upload issue quot Ill try to send the attach later from differnrt computer thanks again

A:[SOLVED] windows installer issue (and upload issue?)

Have you tried installing the most currently up to date Windows Installer?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-windows-installer-issue-and-upload-issue-531296.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi Chemist has been kind enough to help me in the virus trojan sub-forum and issue Aero Centre and Catalyst Control issue has given me the all clear I have Aero issue and Catalyst Control Centre issue a couple of other issues with my laptop if anyone has the time to help I have windows installed on my laptop Let me know if more details and which are needed if any I think Aero has stopped working Saw some error message which went away pretty quick but now my background is set to fill colour and won't let me change it to anything else Aero itself must be working as if I click Alt Tab I can still skip through the programs in use by Aero issue and Catalyst Control Centre issue me which I believe is an aero function When I start up my computer or restart I see the following message Catalyst Control Centre Host application has stopped working Microsoft is checking for a solution to this problem It stays for about - secs and then disappears I haven't noticed anything else stop functioning and admittedly this error has been showing for some time but I haven't been able to find any solutions by browsing the web but if there is a fix error would be great Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/aero-issue-and-catalyst-control-centre-issue-613002.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I am on a Dell Inspiron and when I boot the system most of the time I get an error before the BIOS loads that reads as follows quot The Device in the system modular bay cannot be identified It may not be completely inserted or may have some other problem Please read and complete the following steps Press the device completely and firmly into the bay Press the ESC-key -- wait issue issue/boot-up bay Dell modular Inspiron for the system to power Dell Inspiron modular bay issue/boot-up issue down Press the power button to retry detecting the device quot My BIOS version was just recently updated as I Dell Inspiron modular bay issue/boot-up issue ran into the problem to BIOS Revision A I Dell Inspiron modular bay issue/boot-up issue called Dell Technical Support and the support told me to remove the optical drive and reinsert it I did as told I booted the system up and before the BIOS loads bam error once again The technical support didn t even know what to do The support said that I may have a failing mobo Now how would one go about seeing if their mobo was failing I d really love to check this before actually going to purchase another mobo Hell purchasing a brand new computer or building my own considering I am sick of Dell s erroneous electronics nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron modular bay issue/boot-up issue

You should first try a second hard drive with a full install. That usually fixes the problems with the 1100, 1150, 5100m, 5150, and 5160 which all seem to have the same problems.
Remember that this optical drive is fragile, and has a history of failure. New models are available with DVD RW that are quite reliable, on eBay. They range from $72 to $85 to $89 to $95. If you are good with tools, you can get the generic one, then revise the hardware to make everything fit just fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-modular-bay-issue-boot-up-issue.86568/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am trying (in vain) to issue a net start command "net start - "C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\utorrent.exe", on the command line. The error message is "the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect". I believe the 3 details are correct, as i am looking at the utorrent.exe file right now, which is sitting on that path. The only issue i can think of is that, since i am running win7 64bit, there nay be some sort of problem with the "(x86)" bit in the path name.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andy

A:net start command line issue - 64bit issue?

Hello Andy,

If you were just wanting to run the utorrent.exe file, then you would just need to use either command below to do so instead. The net start command is for services instead.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\utorrent.exe"

OR

"%ProgramFilesx86%\uTorrent\utorrent.exe"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/162646-net-start-command-line-issue-64bit-issue.html
Relevancy 26.66%

OK so I hope this can be a quick fix and thanks for your help Randomly computer didn't start get something telling me that the ci dll file is missing or corrupt and error xc safe mode and last know good configuration both result in bsod Tried a few things disconnect all other drives raid HDD and one normal HDD that I used to have windows on before switching issue Boot issue, file 0xc0000098 ci.DLL to current SSD Tried putting the installation disk in but it does not recognize the drive under any circumstance can't find the drivers under quot load driver quot Tried a few other things on this site like bootrec exe and and checkdsk or something either I didn't do them right or they didn't work Now I get an message quot Reboot or select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key quot I'm not a computer noob but Boot issue, 0xc0000098 ci.DLL file issue this is beyond me I hope someone can give me a hand I appreciate all the help I can get Oh and sorry if this isn't the right category it looked like the best option

A:Boot issue, 0xc0000098 ci.DLL file issue

Have you tried put your windows drive on another computer?

Try these steps:
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355910-boot-issue-0xc0000098-ci-dll-file-issue.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I got a new laptop in july It s a Dell inspiron with Windows Home Premium -bit an AMD Phenom triple core processor GB RAM and a GB Hard Drive While i m on my laptop a process called ping exe starts and after a little while issue and google issue. Ping.exe redirect it starts to use all of my CPU I found a temporary fix by suspending the process from the Ping.exe issue and google redirect issue. resource monitor but it has started to restart itself sooner than it Ping.exe issue and google redirect issue. did when i first started doing this I ve done a little research and found that ping exe is a normal process but that what it s doing is completely abnormal I was going to try and delete it but my task manager said it was in my sysWOW file so I was afraid to mess up my system My other issue which my be related is that whenever i search for something on google and click on a link it redirects to random sites And just a note I have some experience removing viruses and malware but not on Windows Help would be very appreciated Thanks in advanced

A:Ping.exe issue and google redirect issue.

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426847/pingexe-issue-and-google-redirect-issue/
Relevancy 26.66%

My specs are as follows AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor CPUs GHz GB DDR RAM AMD Radeon HD GB RPM Very no the what idea 'camera' is issue, issue odd stuttering HDD My computer has run pretty well for awhile now Over the past months it hasn t gotten progressively slower Very odd 'camera' stuttering issue, no idea what the issue is or anything but as of late I ve been trying some newer games with higher specifications Natural Selection Firefall Closed Beta are examples and I ve been having an extremely odd stuttering issue that makes the games unplayable When I m in game my computer does NOT stutter when I m standing still In fact my framerate is pretty good Not amazing but consistently above FPS If I run forwards it s fine Backwards fine Side to side is fine as well BUT the second I start moving my mouse to rotate my character around quickly my game will stutter and turn into a slideshow as if it s taking awhile to load the graphics behind me or in front of me I CAN move my Very odd 'camera' stuttering issue, no idea what the issue is mouse slowly and turn around that way without it stuttering but the second I start moving my mouse quickly it devolves into a slideshow One VERY odd remedy to this issue is that whenever somebody is desktop sharing with me through Teamviewer the stuttering seems to subside almost entirely for the time that we re connected But the second he disconnects and it tabs me out of game and I click back in the stuttering starts up again I have attempted the following Swap out GPU CHKDSK Very odd 'camera' stuttering issue, no idea what the issue is Running apps in compatibility mode administrator Adjusted process priorities Updated GPU drivers Updated messed around with audio drivers Reinstalled DirectX other components Memory diagnostics I have also shut off all sounds and listened for any abnormal sounds coming from my HDD and nothing Just spinning and air Whenever I m in game my CPU usage is usually almost maxed if ANYONE knows what this possibly could be PLEASE let me know I have never EVER been this stumped on an issue in my years of working with computers nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-odd-camera-stuttering-issue-no-idea-what-the-issue-is.1088066/
Relevancy 26.66%

Any suggestions??

A:Update issue.. UEFI firmware issue

Is this path correct??

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/4734-update-issue-uefi-firmware-issue.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I am having problems with my internet connection and my connections tray in general. I keep losing my internet connection and then when I try to repair my connection, it doesn't respond. Nothing in the connections tray will respond. When I go to reboot, I get the message that the connections tray is not responding and I have to end it. Does anyone have any experience with this or know what might be happening? Today I called IBM .. I have an IBM Lenovo X61 Tablet .. they told me I needed to reinstall my drivers for my connectivity (they called it the wireless stack .. I downloaded something for power management, hot key driver, wireless card connections, access connections) .. I did that and am still having the same problem .. any suggestions? .. I would appreciate any help! ..

Brenda

A:Wireless Card Issue or Software Issue

Welcome to TSG:
Things to try:
Change the wireless channel being used .1/6/11 in US
If standalone router,download and :install latest router firmware.
Do a stack repair.Pick your Operating system :

Stack repair for XP and Vista.
Courtesy of Johnwill of the Networking forum.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following netsh commands..

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.
Take a look at the wireless network adapter in device manager.Look at the driver info.See if there is a more current adapter driver for that card on the pc makers web site.

Reset the router to it's default config.Hold the reset button in for at least 15 seconds.

These are most of the basic fixes for intermittent connectivity issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-card-issue-or-software-issue.841923/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello,

I have a Bizhub 362 copier with built in network scanner and it has been working fine up until one day last week. It gives me an error message stating that it cannot find the destination address using IP or Host Name, although I can navigate to that directory from my workstations.

Also, two of my workstations cannot connect to the server using the host name but can connect just fine using the IP address of the server.

Server: Windows Server 2008 R2
Workstations: Windows 7 Professional

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 26.66%

I'm new to the forum but have a problem that I want make the right decision on. I play Aces High II which is a flight simulation game. It may not be as hard core as Battlefield 3 but they do keep upgrading to high res graphics. My computer is a prebuilt Dell Studio XPS 8000. Intel i7 core 860 processor @ 2.8GHz. Graphics card a Nvidia geforce GTS 240. 8 Mb memory, Windows 7 home premium os. Now that said I am experiencing stutter sometimes while i'm playing. My fps go from 60 which is where it should be to 10 or less. I,m not sure if this is the game card or a lousy connection to the game server as we do get discoed sometimes. The computer is a year and a half old and don't remember experiencing this before that much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm not against getting a new card and probably need new power supply.

A:GeForce GTS 240 issue or gaming server issue?

What resolution are you playing at? What is your budget for your upgrade?

Its your gpu more than likely

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gts-240-issue-or-gaming-server-issue.177654/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I am new to the forums and have looked around just about everywhere I can think of for a similar topic and thus far have been unable to locate any help possible permission encryption jpeg issue issue / If this has been previously covered please point me in the direction and I will read up So as for my issue jpeg permission issue / possible encryption issue I was running vista jpeg permission issue / possible encryption issue and had a hidden folder with some pictures in it smart right jpeg permission issue / possible encryption issue The file folder was encrypted with whatever built in option windows offers via check box Then before I went to upgrade to win I copied the files over to a flash drive or so I thought Apparently all that was copied was the empty folders So then I ran data recovery software to un-delete the pictures I have located and recovered them now only lies one small issue When I try and open the files it says quot Windows photo view can't open this picture because you don't have the correct permissions to access the file location quot When I upgraded to win I kept the same user name except I capitalized the first letter of the name I'm not sure if this makes a difference Beyond that I'm at a loss I tried giving myself ownership of the file but either I messed it up or it didn't make a difference I'd very much like to recover my files and any help is appreciated

A:jpeg permission issue / possible encryption issue

Hi mate and welcome to the forum.

Open a Command Prompt:
Click Start, type cmd, press Enter.
Navigate to the folder the pictures are in.
For example, if they are in the Pictures folder, type:
CD C:\Users\<username>\Pictures
(If the prompt already shows C:\Users\<username> you can just type CD Pictures)
Where <username> is your username of course.
Now Type:
takeown /F *
If there are subfolders, use this instead:
takeown /R /F *

You'll get a slew messages and may be prompted about replacing permissions on folder you don't currently own. Make sure it's not a system folder, then type Y.
You can also use takeown /R /D Y /F * to automatically say yes, but don't use this from the root of your profile (or anyplace else that contains system folders) as there are many hidden system files and folders, and you don't want to change them.

Taking ownership should automatically grant you full control.

Hope this works, let me know if it does/doesnt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/88509-jpeg-permission-issue-possible-encryption-issue.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I just installed Windows 8 on my PC and am having a quirky issue on the desktop. Whenever I try to right click on the desktop, the screen flashes as if it is resetting itself, and then it goes back to the desktop photo. The menu never pops up. If I open a program or a folder, the right click menu shows up just fine. Is it disabled? Is there a fix?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33623-right-clicking-issue-video-card-issue.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I recently downloaded IE in hopes that it would fix a Yahoo mail freezing issue It did fix that issue but now i have another When going onto certain sites such as my banking site I get a message that says quot Internet explorer has stopped working quot It will then loop back to that site and keep trying I would also like to know why I can't open attachments in Yahoo mail I couldn't with IE and still cant with IE It runs through all the steps and looks like it's going to open but it never does I'm running Vista Home Premium btw Thanks for any help Update Ok I've found out a few more things that may help I removed my Norton from start up and rebooted So I had no antivirus at all it then ran perfectly fine It opened everything and nothing froze I of course thought it was a norton issue issue Internet issue 8 Yahoo and Explorer so I downloaded Avira now it does the exact same thing with Avira running I can't open attachments and IE freezes and Google Chrome freezes If I try to open my antivirus after the freeze it freezes too Please help thanks

A:Internet Explorer 8 issue and Yahoo issue

Hi Chronos2k I'm having a problem similar to yours. I run McAfee Security. I think it's the antivirus software. It started several days after installing IE 8. McAfee started giving me security setting warnings and won't allow downloads or even open up some web pages properly. I'm going to look around some more and probably will do what Red Dawn is suggesting.I found this quote on an earlier post by Red Dawn.? I would strongly recommend [Temporarily] disabling your anti-virus application and any anti-spyware application's "system protections" (other than Defender's) before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade. If you're running a third-party firewall, I would recommend [Temporarily] disabling it and then [Temporarily] enabling the Windows Firewall before installing (or uninstalling) an IE upgrade.? Create a Restore Point manually before installing IE8.? Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ternet+explorerGood luck,Olywane

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225307/internet-explorer-8-issue-and-yahoo-issue/
Relevancy 26.66%

Well I just found this forum today, so I decided to ask this question.

About a year ago, I had to system restore, because my computer just kept FSODing on me. When I went through the system restore process with Dell, at the end of the process I got an error. I don't quite remember what it was, as it was so long ago.

Ever since then, my computer has been completely without sound. I have tried everything from installing/reinstalling/uninstalling drivers, to the most simplistic, such as checking if my speakers work, or are connected.

So far, nothing has brought me any closer to figuring out what this problem could be. I am pretty sure that somehow, my sound card (its an integrated one) has just fried or something, but I really dont know.

So... is my sound card busted? Or are my drivers just not working for some reason?

Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Sound Card issue, or driver issue?

System restore . . .

System restore or system recovery? Did wipe the old operating system out and reinstall everything from scratch (system recovery) or did you use Windows' system restore to backdate the configuration. (Frankly, I think the choice these of terms by the industry are very confusing.)

Assuming system recovery and assuming the sound worked before and quit after system recovery, I'm for a misconfiguration. But, the simpler fix might be a cheap add-in sound card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-issue-or-driver-issue.645672/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all I'm not sure where to start with this issue it's bit spread out but it all started while I issue? issue maybe its a 8800GT bios Or Driver was gaming and the game froze and then the computer crashed The freezing happened every once in a while but the crashing had never happened During the restart I see this And then when windows tried to start up I got a blue screen and then it rebooted once again Determining that this was an issue with the bios I resetted the CMOS No change So I flashed the bios with the newest update Again no change I was able to boot my computer in safe mode with no issue though So I figured it must be a driver issue I started by removing my graphics driver for my GT and rebooted It was able to start up Windows fine but the stuff in that image above still occured I then tried to install the drivers located on the NVIDIA website instead of using Window's driver But I got a message saying that I'm not using Windows or Vista and as such I cannot install but I am using Windows Pro So I tried using the Window's auto driver install and when I restart I am unable to load Windows normally So I'm really puzzled now because right now I believe it's a driver issue but I can't install any other driver than the one Window's installs Also 8800GT Driver issue? Or maybe its a bios issue if I am able to get a driver installed how would it relate to the above image Thanks for any help 8800GT Driver issue? Or maybe its a bios issue and if more information is needed please let me know

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/8800gt-driver-issue-or-maybe-its-a-bios-issue-431798.html
Relevancy 26.66%

When ever i open my laptop. On the task bar the date and time is pushed off the screen.I think their maybe a issue with the graphics driver and windows 10. If i click on the up arrow on the task back it will snap back to where it is supposed to be. Please let me know if anyone has had a similar issue with their yoga 12.Please also let me know if anyone knows how to fix. All of my drivers are the latest windows 10 versions. its not a huge issue, but it is extreemly annoying. 

A:Yoga 12 - Windows 10 Issue - taskbar issue

Hi Parks.
Welcome to the forums.

Can you plese post the full machine model of your Thinkpad Yoga 12?

Did you already looked on your's model support site for the latest drivers? sometimes the latest drivers does not show up on Lenovo System Update or Windows Update.

Regards.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-12-Windows-10-Issue-taskbar-issue/td-p/2261101
Relevancy 26.66%

My friend is having a problem with Canon 600 printer. It will only print color and not black. We've just replaced a new cartridge of black and it is still not printing in black. We want it to print all colors. Before replacing a new cartridge the old one was dried up. What could be the problem? Could the cartridge be damaged or the print nozzles may be clogged? What should I do?

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all maybe bios 8800GT its issue. a Driver issue? Or I'm not sure 8800GT Driver issue? Or maybe its a bios issue. where to start with this issue it's bit spread out but it all started while I was gaming and the game froze and then the computer crashed The freezing happened every once in a while but the crashing had never happened During the restart I see this And then when windows tried to start up I got a blue screen and then it rebooted once again Determining that this was an issue with the bios I resetted the CMOS No change So I flashed the bios with the newest update Again no change I was able to boot my computer in safe mode with no issue though So I figured it must be a driver issue I started by removing my graphics driver for my GT and rebooted It was able to start up Windows fine but the stuff in that image above still occured I then tried to install the drivers located on the NVIDIA website instead of using Window's driver But I got a message saying that I'm not using Windows or Vista and as such I cannot install but I am using Windows Pro So I tried using the Window's auto driver install and when I restart I am unable to load Windows normally So I'm really puzzled now because right now I believe it's a driver issue but I can't install any other driver than the one Window's installs Also if I am able to get a driver installed how would it relate to the above image Thanks for any help and if more information is needed please let me know

A:8800GT Driver issue? Or maybe its a bios issue.

hey did you reboot in safe mode and review everthing in that area and or install the drivers in there as well

how about system restore? i try not to but sometimes have to

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/38679-8800gt-driver-issue-maybe-its-bios-issue.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Opps maybe not so unique since I just noticed an ENTIRE forum for browsers perhaps moving this is appropriate if so please do I will be reading up in there Its interesting because I can't find any mention of it anywhere on this site Specifically browser connectivity is lost after a little while guessing minutes though it may be a number of browser pages displayed trigger i went hrs today after I browser a issue, issue Interesting connectivity just start browsing If I don't start a browser the death clock doesn't begin until I start browsing Now at the same time all shares the other Interesting connectivity issue, just a browser issue machines on the network work Interesting connectivity issue, just a browser issue fine Also if I am playing an online game I will not have any issues Just IE and firefox can't display pages and other programs like updates of AVG are soon to follow Important to note this is new the network was fine for over a week before this started a couple days ago I notice when it works net info states Homegroup - ready to connect I am using a workgroup to connect to other machines but last night during a browser outage it said it was connected I notice now it calls my workgroup a homegroup I think is used to say workgroup This problem may have started around when I tried to synchronise a folder to quot always available offline quot but there are other things that were done in that period of time unfortuately all have since been undone System Win all updated Browsers IE and Firefox are effected updated Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Router Linksys Wireless GS running v - HyperWRT v Aug which works fine on all other machines even while this Win machine can't connect I can connect to Mapped drives computers and devices on the network but no browser activity and Win see no problems What I have done Tried disconnecting and connectig to local network in applet Disable IPv Remove AVG antivirus Remove Hardwaremonitor Pro I was connecting to another machine to watch temps etc remotely and had to open a port which is still opened now that I remember it While it is fubared I have tried disable enable the adapter won't work Downloaded MSnetmonitor but that is all Greek to me maybe someone can guide me what to look for I do see some quot unknown quot connections but they seem normal like netbios and masterbrowser traffic but that is just my guess so far Removed OPENdns as DNS server info I notice the router has since found the new ones again though the machine seems to have other ones in its settings The other machines XP home and Pro are still set to openDNS and work fine BTW power management is not enabled for adapter I will edit more as I can remember what I did already A few things something called quot flow control quot in the adapter applet is disabled Any bearing on the symptoms Anything I can post from netmonitor to help you wizards Just saw this post which is very similar Firefox Troubles I am trying IE bit to see if it is immune to this EDIT I just noticed I can change quot Home Network quot to quot Work quot I will see if this helps and it might since this is the way it was for weeks

A:Interesting connectivity issue, just a browser issue

I would doubt if it is really a browser problem since I tried safari, firefox and IE and still giving me this dropage... But continue your search I will follow ur footstep

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23195-interesting-connectivity-issue-just-browser-issue.html
Relevancy 26.66%

I am having a strange issue when trying to open certain web pages they will stop loading and the browser will keep cycling as if it is trying to download an enormous file but it Out Issue Issue Browser I But Think Can't Figure Have Don't A Malware goes on continuously I have a dsl connection and any web sites that do load are running fast no popups or redirects to other sites but some sites that will just not open If they do not open on internet explorer will also not open on mozilla I ran through the autorun programs and they seem ok also ran kapersky and no issues were found I just ran dss and will post the log now if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate the help Thanks Deckard's System Don't Think I Have A Malware Issue But Can't Figure Out Browser Issue Scanner v Run by Ilias Gerasimidis on - - Computer is in Normal Mode --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as Ilias Gerasimidis exe -----------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Ilias Gerasimidis Desktop dss exeC DOCUME ILIASG Desktop ILIASG EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my att net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeopleR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www att net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext wmplayer exe ICWLaunchR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imAppO - Startup MEMonitor lnk C Program Files Verizon Wireless V CAST Music Manager MEMonitor exeO - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeO - Global Startup HP Image Zone Fast Start lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqthb exeO -... Read more

A:Don't Think I Have A Malware Issue But Can't Figure Out Browser Issue

Hello and welcome to BC

We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. We aim to provide the valuable service known to come from BC to every member we can, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.

If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

First
Seeing its been a number of days since your original scanning with HJT could you please run HJT now and post a fresh HJT log back to this topic please.

Next

Start HijackThis Click on the Config button Click on the Misc Tools button Click on the Open Uninstall Manager button. You can click on the Save list... button and specify where you would like to save this file. When you press Save button a notepad will open with the contents of that file. Simply copy and paste the contents of that notepad into this topic please,
Next
Please do a scan with Kaspersky Online Scanner

Note: If you are using Windows Vista, open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan.

Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.[list]The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My ComputerThis will start the program and scan your system.The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run.Once the scan is complete, click on View scan reportNow, click on the Save Report as button.Save the file to your desktop.Copy and paste that information in your next post.

In recap please post back the requested info from above
Fresh HJT log Uninstall List Log from the Kaspersky scan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162455/dont-think-i-have-a-malware-issue-but-cant-figure-out-browser-issue/
Relevancy 25.8%

Red Shield - IE Enhanced Security Configuration for Administrators
Amber Shield - IE Enhanced Security Configuration for Non-Administrators
Green Shield - IE Zones
When I click on the how to correct this it takes me to a Windows 2003 page not 2012 for the first issue

And page does not exist for the second issue ?
Any ideas ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/707368df-5e81-4c0b-9f2b-c5b5ee805a34/mbsa-finds-issue-with-server-2012-internet-explorer-settings-but-i-cant-find-an-actual-issue-on-the?forum=MBSA
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys,

I am having two issues with my laptop.

1.  When my laptop is running on battery (no matter which power option I choose) the screen will go black or flicker if I stop moving my mouse.  The moment I move it goes back to being fine but if I let go it flickers.

2.  When I put my computer to sleep and then turn it back on later, the wireless card just stops working.  I get a red x on the wifi icon in my toolbar and it will not show any networks, even if I  Disable/Re-enable the wireless card.

I have already deleted the graphic card drivers and wireless drivers and reinstalled. My laptop is has a dedicated graphic card but it also uses the onboard graphic card.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

A:DIsplay issue and Wifi issue

Make and model of the computer ?

You say 'mouse'. Do you mean a USB or wireless mouse or are you referring to the track pad ?

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598945/display-issue-and-wifi-issue/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I am posting here in the hopes that someone will be able to help me figure out what is wrong with network random issue? or PC DCs issue my connection or possibily network issue or PC issue? random DCs PC - as I m unsure as to which is the problem My PC is on a network in the building that I live in Previously I was on a network issue or PC issue? random DCs wired connection and things were normal as far as internet goes I could play games browse the web use voice chat etc Recently there has been a new addition to the building and I was forced to have to move my PC location However there were no cables available so I had to switch to a wireless card Now I get random DCs from the game I play online and it s starting to drive me crazy and the people that I play with online It always happens one of ways Either a the game and ventrilo lock up lag out for like or seconds and then I get disconnected and am able to immediately reconnect which while better is still really bad or the game and ventrilo lock up lag out for like or seconds and then I cannot reconnect without either rebooting my PC -or- going to my wireless connection window and disconnecting and then reconnecting to my wireless network I always get really angry because even when I m locked up lagged out and disconnected I mouse over my network icon and it tells me that I m connected with great signal strength and that everything is fine and yet these disconnects keep happening Sometimes twice in a night sometimes or times I am pretty heavily involved in the activities online and my DCing is starting to have a pretty big impact and it s making alot of my online friends angry with me in addition to being very embarassing Does this situation sound familiar to anyone out there One guy online said that maybe my PC isn t powerful enough to run the wireless as smoothly as the wired but I don t know Any help would be really appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

Hey have already tried many options via this forum and others but to no avail Am going round in circles So Laptop running vista reaches router two linksys BUT not internet Desktop no probs and is connected to Linksys router one and is providing me with my only source to the outside world Ipconfig for the desktop sorry its in french Documents and Settings DE KERPEL JOE gt ipconfig all nfiguration IP de Windows Nom de l h te CLAIRE Suffixe DNS principal Type de noud Inconnu Routage IP activ Non Proxy WINS activ Non rte Ethernet Connexion au r seau local Suffixe DNS propre la connexion Description Marvell Yukon E PCI gabit Ethernet Controller Adresse physique - -EC-D - -D DHCP activ Oui Configuration automatique activ e Oui Adresse IP Masque de sous-r seau Passerelle par d faut Serveur DHCP Serveurs DNS Bail obtenu September Bail expirant September and for the laptop C Users Dell gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name LUKE Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -DE- - -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a db ae e b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained venerd settembre Lease IP and Issue DNS Confused tired. Issue??? Expires domenica settembre Default Gateway fe ac c e c DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - DNS Issue IP Issue??? Confused and tired. -FF- - - - -C -B - -CC DNS Issue IP Issue??? Confused and tired. DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controlle r Physical Address - -C -B - -CC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac c e DNS Issue IP Issue??? Confused and tired. c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained venerd settembre Lease Expires domenica settembre Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -FF- - - - -C -B - -CC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FCCA A- C - FEA-A B- A F E br EDA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap -AA F- - -A EF br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Dell gt The first router has the outside world coming in and a direct link to the desktop out of port of the wireless router two is connected from port of the first to the INTERNET port as was directed by my isp out of port i should connect a cable to my Internet phone adapter but thats a whole other catastrophe The laptop can see linksys but local only Any help will be more than kindly taken cheers in advance nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

For example when you hover over an opened window on the task bar a tiny window should pop up with the little x to exit it. Like this . When i hover over mine the little window instantly disappears and i cant alt tab when this issue happens.

A:Windows Taskbar issue/Alt tab issue

Try Control panel - Troubleshooting - Appearance and personalization - Aero
or
Control panel(view by category) - System and Security - Find and fix problems - Appearance and personalization - Display Aero desktop effects

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343183-windows-taskbar-issue-alt-tab-issue.html
Relevancy 25.8%

this question pertains to preserving the life of the battery. my old laptop was 6 years old or so, we have been running off the charger for the past 3 years or so rather than replacing the battery, but the new laptop i do not want to run it off the charger. normally it will be booted early morning and shutdown at the end of the day, my question is when we are not actually using it during the day should it be placed in sleep mode, hibernation or just fold the screen down. (this is the only windows forum i'm on that's why i am asking here)

A:laptop battery issue not really a win 8 issue

You're fine to be asking windows 8 and hardware-related questions here

I wouldn't worry about it too much. By the time your battery goes out, it will likely be time to upgrade.

Consider shutting down whenever you leave it for an extended time, such as longer than a day. I think hibernate is the preferred laptop method of low power states because it drains far less than sleep. So you could perhaps keep the computer plugged in while in hibernate, and unplugged while shut down, unless going on a trip or something.

I think HP had a power plan on their laptops that would keep the battery from charging fully to 100% (it would go instead to 50%), which wore it out less than the normal full charge. That may be hard to emulate without a program on your computer for such a plan as that.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/42419-laptop-battery-issue-not-really-win-8-issue.html
Relevancy 25.8%

I bought a brand new Lenovo ideapad 305 from Argos. It has buzzing noise since I bought it. Called the Lenovo support centre in UK and the lady told me politely it is better if I take it back to Argos and they will help me. So I did that. The problem is, that Argos is really noise, of course we couldn't hear the noise as it is not that loud, but I am pretty sure, there is some problem. The lady told me she cannot do anything as we can't hear anything. Not the noise why I am woirred about. I am worried about the impact that can happen in the future, and maybe it will be after my warranty is expired. So my question is, why do I have a bloody warranty for the laptop if noone lift even a finger to help me? Is anyone had problem with Lenovo warranty or customer service?

A:Ideapad 305 Warranty issue,BIG ISSUE, anyone had p...

Not being from Great Britain I can't really tell you what to do. I had a similar issue here in the US, and returned the notebook entirely to the store. It was very inconvenient, however when I bought a new one they gave me a small discount.I would look at their return policy, and see if you could still return it for a refund/in store credit. Then you could purchase another one, or go to a different store.I believe I found a good link where you can avoid going to the store, and handle the issue online even if you are past the 30 day return policy. Says in there after 30 day return but before 1 year they can still help you.https://www.argos.co.uk/help/returns-and-refunds/Hope for the best!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-305-Warranty-issue-BIG-ISSUE-anyone-had-problem-with/td-p/3467533
Relevancy 25.8%

HiWhen a it issue, startup could virus issue! XP be i startup my pc i get a black screen with the following white words - quot We appologise for the inconvenience but Windows didn't start successfully A Hardware or Software change might have caused thisIf your pc stopped responding restarted automatically or was automatically shut down to protect your files amp folders chose 'last known configuration' to revert to most recent settings that worked If a previous startup attempt was interupted due to power failure or because the power or reset button was pressed or if your not sure what caused the problem chose 'Start Windows as Normal' SAFE MODESAFE MODE WITH NETWORKINGLAST KNOWN CONFIGURATION PROMPTSTART NORMALLYUse up amp down keys to highlight your choice Seconds to Windows start quot I did some google searches amp it said it could be due to a virus or software issue It doesn't always happen amp there's no set rule as to when Windows starts or doesn't start It generally happens when the pc has been shutdown overnight for example I could reboot now XP startup issue, could it be a virus issue! amp all would be ok Here is XP startup issue, could it be a virus issue! something i found on google - http h www hp com ewfrf wc documen amp dlc enHere is a list of my startup progs in msconfig -igfxtrayhkcmdavgntrundll firewalljuschedrealschedmsnmsgrSUPERAntispywareERUNT autobackupHere is my hijackthis logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exeC Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo FireWall FireWall exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files MailWasher MailWasher exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www orange co uk iesearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www orange co ukR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - no file O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgentO - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot minO - HKLM Run Ashampoo FireWall quot C Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo FireWall FireWall exe quot -TRAYO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - Startup ERUNT AutoBackup lnk C Program Files ERUNT AUTOBACK EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C... Read more

A:XP startup issue, could it be a virus issue!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226117/xp-startup-issue-could-it-be-a-virus-issue/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi all Got my new PC mid Jan so wasn't expecting any issues However in the last week startup has - issue possible startup fan issue? on Noise become a noisy process The best description is of a grind rattle which only lasts a few minutes and then settles down I suspect it's an issue with a fan though which one I am not sure Dust wires has been voiced as a possible but I've only had the machine a month and a bit It's under warranty so I've got the option of sending it back to be looked at this involves collection delivery and would see me PC-less for at least a week I spoke to the firm I bought the machine from and they suggested opening it up and seeing if there was a snagged wire or dust issue I'm just a bit concerned about trying to solve it this way as though I played around with my old PC I really don't want to open this one up unnecessarily There's also the fact that it might be something more serious perhaps a fan Noise issue on startup - possible fan issue? issue I've read something about ballbearings Anyway - thoughts and advice welcome as ever cheers

A:Noise issue on startup - possible fan issue?

If you have proof and only if you have proof that the company authorized opening the computer would I suggest opening the computer.
Have them send you a email which would be proof. If you don't have proof I would send it back for them to inspect. It will take time and trouble on your part but you don't want to loose the warranty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/280121-noise-issue-startup-possible-fan-issue.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I have a HP Pavilion dv Intel R Core i - QM Ghz gigs RAM bit Virus? HD issue? issue? Firmware it has Intel HD issue? Firmware issue? Virus? HD HD issue? Firmware issue? Virus? and NVIDIA GeForce GT M Seagate ST LM HN-M MBB Hard Drive Here is what has been happening it has stopped responding on simple tasks such as Firefox or even Windows Explorer has stopped responding I checked the Resource Manager and nothing too weird has been going on like my last computer when it had a similar issue Last time it the search indexer went haywire and I had to disable it The disk highest active time jumps from to a when it starts to freeze but other than that I don't see any programs that are taking up all the resources or anything The only thing I have installed was Planetside a Sony game and after I uninstalled that completely still no results Another forum was having issues with this and they said that their HD firmware was to blame Anyone have ideas pre note The GMER did not let me select the options quot System quot Through quot Libraries quot The GMER that I could do wouldn't finish as my computer would freeze everytime it got to this file C SWSetup Drivers Audio WDM WinXP XXM - INI so I couldn't attach the ark txt I noticed a few things in the attach txt such as the quot Sendori quot program That was one of the recently installed things with PlanetSide already removed one more note When I had tried to run the AVG scanner it got to before I was doing stuff on it which made it freeze Then after that it started getting stuck on which was the same file GMR got stuck on Perhaps I corrupted that file with one of the several emergency reboots I had to make Here is my log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Mitchell at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG Anti-Virus Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x HP SimplePass TrueSuiteService exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Hpservice exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WbioSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files EPSON EpsonCustomerParticipation EPCP exe C Program Files x Hi-Rez Studios HiPatchService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Client Services HPClientServices exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components FWService IntelMeFWService exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hd-issue-firmware-issue-virus-679766.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

Ok so my parents pc was running super slow like taking mins to boot which it never use to so i decided to format All was going how it normally does when i fix computers and then it gets to of formatting and suddenly jumps to then gets to please Format chkdsk issue help:) then issue, really quickly Format issue, then chkdsk issue please help:) and states format could not complete as the drive is corrupt pick another drive So i restart try again same thing happens ive tryed unplugging the cables etc but none of it works So i figure the drive must have something wrong load the recovery console via the disk and trying do a chkdsk where i get the message The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems Format issue, then chkdsk issue please help:) Now im Format issue, then chkdsk issue please help:) use to formatting computers but im confused at what i can do next im currently trying a quot quick format quot to see if that works Any advice would be great as i said the drive was working an hour ago with XP on it not i obviously cant boot XP but cant do a clean format nbsp

Relevancy 25.8%

I thought I put my PC to sleep and all of a sudden a blue screen popped up right after it was in sleep mode. I wasn't able to restart in safe mode.

Anyhow the following are the errors that are popping up..
I really don't have a clue. Help is greatly appreciated....

Terri

A:Vista Issue, Or Windows issue?

How To Use the Event Viewer Applethttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230828/vista-issue-or-windows-issue/
Relevancy 25.8%

A couple months back, had issues with windows attributed to virus. I formatted C drive and did a clean install. Last week, windows was having issues with win explorer stopping , random crashes etc so i did another clean install Friday.

Since then, I have had a few blue screens of death flash then the PC goes off.

Is it possible there is something wrong with my hardware vs win 7? is there software that will check my C: drive (an SDD Drive) and memory for issues?

A:hardware issue or windows 7 issue

Post up the crash dump file for analysis in our Crashes forum: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Then begin working through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 starting with the hardware tests. If your SSD is still under warranty have their Support help you test it for possible RMA - we see plenty that need it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266519-hardware-issue-windows-7-issue.html
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi, I am trying to play music via the Audio tab within ManyCam through a broadcasting website, but when I set it up to play and then I start broadcasting, the music sounds all distorted, staticy and double playing. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to change something in my sound settings?

Relevancy 25.8%

We went away on vacation for weeks I unplugged my computer but my father-in-law left his in plugged into a surge protector We come back from our vacation and his computer won t turn on I take it downstairs plug it in and as soon as I plug it in the light on the motherboard comes on and the fan turns on but that s it No post no running hard drive I tested each stick of RAM individually with no results In order to turn the computer off I have to unplug it The power button is orange should be green unless Dell changed that for some reason and the hard drive light stays on though it isn t running No matter how long I hold the power button nothing happens His computer is a Dell Optiplex GX service tag R H That s all the info I can give ya EDIT forgot to mentioned that I issue? issue? Power mobo checked the mobo for any burn marks and didn t find anything And everything is plugged in good Took it all out and plugged it all back in nbsp

A:Power issue? mobo issue?

So far from what i've been able to tell, it appears to be automatically turning on and booting into stand-by mode, and just won't come out of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-issue-mobo-issue.149351/
Relevancy 25.8%

Good Morning All and Thank You in advanced for your assistance I own an Asus X A Processor Intel Core i - M CPU GHz GHzSystem type -bit Operating System link is external x -based processorWindows GB RAM I tried to open a few files and when opened it basically Permission Issue? Or Issue? Avast tells me i don't have the right permissions now once i checked the permisssions on the files such as pictures or videos etc etc it says i have Permission Issue? Or Avast Issue? all the admin permissions plus i'm the only individual who uses the computer So once i saw this i uninstalled my norton due to the free trial being up and installed avast and ran the antivirus full scan and was told everything was protected so then i decided to uninstall avast So i can install AVG i tried to install that before avast but for some reason i kept recieving an error code or that it didn't install properly due to it not being able to output or something like that so i uninstalled avastand restarted my cpu and got the blue screen so i did a system restore and refresh and now i can log on to the my cpu but the Wi-Fi isn't connecting every time i attempt to try and connect it has an X on the LAN when i go into the network settings So what should i do in this situation

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594237/permission-issue-or-avast-issue/
Relevancy 25.8%

So I'm having a pretty annoying problem In playing a game Final Fantasy if it makes a difference for the past or so weeks CPU issue & framerate issue usage I was able to run the game fine max frames no issues Then about days ago I started getting these framerate issues really really bad ones This was a few days after downloading some torrents I know I know millions of puppies die CPU usage issue & framerate issue every year because of p p which were the only recent changes made besides a power loss during a windows update Now I have an awful framerate that I can't fix changing graphic settings dont make a bit of difference and even when not doing anything my CPU i was running at - upwards of with the game going Things are running fine on the memory use end Being an IT guy I ran a few scans security essnetials mbam spybot hjt to no end a collegue suggested combofix which ran fine and now I dont seem to have the CPU issue sitting now at - yet when I launch the game I have the same frame rate issue this is not a known issue through the game Also windows firewall decided to turn itself off at some point and cant be turned back on can't find the firewall service to turn it on I also had to reinstall security essentials The black splash screen on start up that saying starting windows and has the windows logo above it hangs for about seconds and then the logo appears and gets movin which it never used to do Still feeling something is wrong apart from me not being able to play a video game so I thought I'd turn to another opinion any help would be appreciated see attached And I do not have access to any windows cds I'm on a valid Windows bit OS DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by endisbegun at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated EA - D C- DFB- - E E F F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated C BB - B - - A - B A B B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows SysWOW NLSSRV EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Secunia PSI PSIA exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Common Files VMware USB vmware-usbarbitrator exe C Windows SysWOW vmnat exe C Windows SysWOW vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files x VMware VMware Workstation vmware-authd exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Saitek SD Software ProfilerU exe C Program Files Saitek SD Software SaiMfd exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office MSOSYNC EXE C Program Files x Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Ideazon ZEngine Zboard exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonati... Read more

A:CPU usage issue & framerate issue

sorry about this, would like to request this thread be closed
my hard drive crapped out, something with the random write time being messed up, its dead as a doornail unforunately so i got myself a new drive and reinstalled

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/cpu-usage-issue-and-framerate-issue-656596.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Okay first off let me say that this post has two separate issues but I post them together because I m not sure if they re related or not Problem Let me start off with a description of what s happened I purchased a new Dell laptop over the summer running Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit SP and everything was fine But as I started to download some programs I realized that not all of them were listed in the Start Menu s quot All Programs quot folder for this example I chose to demonstrate it with CCleaner I have yet to pick up a pattern as to what programs make it into quot All Programs quot and what programs do not What s even weirder is what happens when I type into the Start Menu s Search Bar When I partially type up the name of a program that is not in quot All Programs quot there are "All Recent Programs" Issue Issue Menu Items and Start no results But when I type the name in its entirety as in the full quot CCleaner quot the program is found However when I try to open CCleaner from there I get an error saying it cannot find the program s exe And as you can see in the window C the program is definitely installed and works just fine when trying to open it Problem quot Recent "All Programs" Start Menu Issue and Recent Items Issue quot jump lists aren "All Programs" Start Menu Issue and Recent Items Issue t working either for some programs Microsoft Word for example I can right-click my pinned Windows Explorer and up will come a list of quot Recent quot folders I ve viewed With Word all I see listed is quot Microsoft Word quot and quot Unpin this program from the taskbar quot And yes when I open up Word the program itself does have items listed under quot Recent quot EDIT I just thought I d mention that I do NOT have CCleaner delete the files that store the quot Recent quot items or anything else from quot Windows Explorer quot for that matter --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Is there anyway I can just get all of explorer to have just a fresh start without having to wipe everything on my computer and start over from scratch Or do any of you have any ideas to help me out I apologize for the length of this post but I tried to make sure I was clear with what all is happening Thanks again Steve nbsp

A:"All Programs" Start Menu Issue and Recent Items Issue

I also just realized that none of the programs I open "recently" appear in the Start Menu (and yes I have the "Privacy" options set to store and show recent files and programs).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-programs-start-menu-issue-and-recent-items-issue.1069910/
Relevancy 23.65%

I was working on my or issue a issue??? MOBO HDD this Is buddy s desktop today He was complaining that the computer would keep shutting Is this a HDD issue or MOBO issue??? off I used the computer and what happens is the monitor keeps shutting off losing signal but the computer stays on Sometimes the monitor would turn off come back on again and the computer would restart itself I Is this a HDD issue or MOBO issue??? originally thought it was a video card issue but that wouldn t explain the re-booting I then tried a known working video card and experienced the same issues I then thought maybe some of the system files got corrupted so I figured I would just reformat his computer and reinstall his OS to see if that would fix it When i tried to reformat OS is XP Home windows could not recognize an HDD and basically was telling me there was no HDD installed I then noticed on startup that i was getting a very quick error message saying Serial Device CH Master WDC WD JD- HBB Serial Device CH Master No Device Now I know it is either an issue with his motherboard or his HDD Weird thing is the computer does boot into the OS and things Is this a HDD issue or MOBO issue??? can be saved to the HDD so I can t figure out what is going on with this thing He has an ASUS K V-X motherboard with a Socket Athlon processor I did run a virus scan and it came back negative I think there is a hardware issue with his motherboard am i correct Or could it be his HDD nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-a-hdd-issue-or-mobo-issue.732360/
Relevancy 23.65%

I thought I might ask here to make sure it s not a xp issue that can be fixed here Mabey I can do a repair and solve the problem Here s what I posted in the virus section Hi everyone My computer rebooted itself a few days ago When it did this my computer stopped or virus XP issue issue? at XP issue or virus issue? the log in user screen I ve never had any other users setup on XP issue or virus issue? my computer When rebooting it always goes straight to the windows desktop After that I noticed that my desktop picture and all of the folders I had on the desktop were gone My favorites were removed form IE and I keep getting a security settings warning bar that doesn t let me fix it I click fix my setting and it looks like it does then on the next page it pops up again So I had to create another user with admin rights to use for the internet I can find all of my files that were on the desktop but they are showing up under user owner but if I log into widows with user owner they don t show up I also show another user with no admin rights and is password protected ASP NET machine A So I m not sure what s going on here nbsp

A:XP issue or virus issue?

its not good practice to duplicate posts
http://forums.techguy.org/malware-r.../868814-computer-issues-hjt-log-enclosed.html

so i will close this one and we can always move the other post to another forum, just click on report

i understand why you have done this - but it can get confusing if you get a number of different things to try with different posters in different forums

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-issue-or-virus-issue.869073/
Relevancy 23.65%

OK hope you can help, didn't really know where to categorise this so I just put it under WINXP.

Firstly, My PC will NOT POWER DOWN whenever I Start -> Shutdown. The screen goes blank (dark) but doesn't go off and you can hear the PC still running so I've to hold my finger on the pwr buttin for a few seconds to shut it down. I installed a USB card a few months back, could this be the problem? Could that not be powering itself off or something like that??

Secondly, does anybody know anything about Creative Nomad Zen NX MP3 players or any of that range? When transferring songs it keeps hanging up! Transfer error, please restart etc etc. It never did this before and I'm just wondering if anybody had any ides??

Your help is very much appreciated, have a great weekend!

Relevancy 23.65%

Howdy All Have a weird issue with my PC that I've about had enough of Trying to decide whehter hardware issue or software I built the PC back in January Specs are in profile Or Below Windows bit AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb Core ASUS M A XTD EVO hardware Possible OS issue? issue, or Kingston HyperX GB DDR ASUS EN GT Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB Antec CP- W Antec P ARCTIC COOLING Freezer Pro Originally system would randomly freeze mainly when using internet explorer or doing a few other things Discovered unstable sectors on the hard drive and replaced drive Stability went way up However on occassion I'd come into the PC room to find that moving the mouse striking a key wouldn't wake the monitor up Not using any sleep Possible OS issue, or hardware issue? or hibernate options except to turn the monitor off I'd be forced to do a reset Have swapped out GFX card for an XFX Geforce GT and problem still existed I disabled the monitor sleep and simply powered off the monitor Low and behold today the monitor when powering back on brings up desktop but Keyboard Mouse and other I Os devices not responding Forced to do a reset again I've updated all drivers and such PC will run for hours and hours on end playing counterstrike source folding browsing or bench testing but it seems something is up I've run Memtest on it for I can't even remember how long with no issues I'm half leaning towards it being the board I threw XP back on the system and it ran great except it would BSOD for the integrated sound card on occassion Went back to W and was getting BSODs practically everytime I tried to RDP to the unit from my MAC Threw in a PCI Intel Gigabit card and I can RPD to the unit for an indefinate amount of time with no BSOD now I'm not overclocking at all and that Watt PSU is putting out plently of juice with almost no variation in power output I'm pretty much looking for any ideas for something I've missed I'm not sure if posting the dump file would be beneficial but can post it when I get home Much Appreciated for any input Just frustrating that I don't want to throw parts at it if I don't have to but to me it looks like I may have to I usually never have any hardware quality issues with my home builds My last build was yrs old and was replaced by this machine I sold it to a coworker for his grandkids That thing ran from inception OC'd AMD Barton to and the only issue I ever ran into was the Maxtor drive that took a dump and the PSU that finally got tired after yrs I have a similiar build to that for a friend that's still running like day one albiet the time the PSU popped a cap after a thunderstorm

A:Possible OS issue, or hardware issue?

kinda havin the same issues myself buddy but mine wouldnt freeze, i have an ASUS p5ld2 Deluxe, pentium 4 HT3.0, 1 GB of ddr2 pc-5300, 80GB Western Digital (primary OS) and 40GB Seagate (secondary or back up drive) i recently changed the disk attributes as follows:
run-cmd
diskpart
select disk 2(which was my 2GB flash drive)
select volume 1(primary volume didnt know)
attributes volume set nodefaultletter
Exit
exit

Now my computer wont boot it will run up get to the ASUS screen and wont move....i hit tab f8 which is supposed to bring up the boot menu but wont bring up any menus.......how do i fix this?????

can i remove the HDD put it in a diff comp as a second HDD and change the attributes back???? or will it not change anything????

Please help Me ASAP

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/129570-possible-os-issue-hardware-issue.html
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron running Windows Home Premium bit Here Boot hdd issue issue/possible is the issue I'm having and what I've done to try to solve it bear with me Woke up this morning and computer wouldn't quot unsleep quot did hard power down restarted normally showed splash screen then went blank monitor turned off nothing Tried this a couple times Hard power Boot issue/possible hdd issue down started in safe mode ran system recovery it didn't work same thing as above Retried this ran recovery it restarted but same as above Splash screen then nothing Hard power down booted in safe mode got quot recovery successful quot message restarted When it restarted it went to chkdsk screen and ran chkdsk successfully It deleted an Boot issue/possible hdd issue index file and recovered a bunch of stuff Then restarted went to splash screen then nothing Went blank monitor powered off Is there anything else I can do besides taking in to get repaired Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks

A:Boot issue/possible hdd issue

Hi have you tried running the dell diagnostics tools from F12 when starting computer? test the hard drive? some dells have that capabilities.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367095-boot-issue-possible-hdd-issue.html
Relevancy 23.65%

ok this is my first thread and so yea lol first off here this are my specs for my comp xp pro quot bit quot intel dual core quot quot not sure lol gigs of ddr quot quot i sli evga motherboard bios updated gts mb quot pci-e quot currently using DVI to VGA adapter and have v-sync force on CRT dell monitor quot VGA quot steam problem all games work great but while playing half life ep game works great until i come accross fire then my frame rate drops to crap until i look away and all is good also i just feel like with the stuff i have i feel like i could be pushing it further and getting better use out of it so does anyone have any tips or advice about any of that BF quick prob just bought deluxe pack and downloaded the latest patch and now when i try and BF2 issue issue STEAM starting the game the splash thing comes up screen goes black like its starting then stops and goes back to my desktop like nothing happened lol bf just doesn t open anymore why i appreciate anyone that is willing to help so thank you -Pip nbsp

A:BF2 issue and STEAM issue

Do you have the latest drivers for your video card from www.nvidia.com installed? That's the first thing you should do.

Also, what resolution and settings is HL2 set to?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bf2-issue-and-steam-issue.648661/
Relevancy 23.65%

My PSU powers down it appears. After inital start up, all fans shut down, except CPU fan. It does not power up the hard drives. The motherboard is an Intel D945PSN with a P820 CPU. The PSU is an Ultra X-Finity.

A:Is this a PSU issue or motherboard issue

My guess would be the psu. Especially since your ultra psu is known to be less than good quality.

Look at this article on psu`s. The psu thread.

This psu wattage calculator, may also be of use to you.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-psu-issue-or-motherboard-issue.43649/
Relevancy 23.22%

I ve come here with a problem I ve been having for the last week tearing issue screen screen issue, Blue I Blue screen issue, screen tearing issue ve had this computer for the last year Specs Mobo Foxconn H m-s GPU XFX Radeon HD Eyefinity edition CPU i RAM Corsair gb x gb The first time I got a blue screen I just re-started my PC didn t think much of it as it hasn t happened before The second time I got a blue screen was the day following after the first which I thought was a bit odd so I did a scan with Malwarebytes cleared the registry and free space with CC cleaner and updated all the drivers and updated windows Then It happened for a third time so I did a system restore to a restore point weeks prior to the whole problem It happened again From there I took the step to completely re-install windows formatted all the hard drives just to make sure it isn t a Trojan or any Malware After installing the latest drivers I got some wallpapers which I keep on a USB when I was flicking through the images to see which one I wanted to use the blue screen was in my face From this I thought it must be a hardware issue so what I did was reseat the ram I even switched them up from their original position All was well and good till it happened once again last night Lately I ve been noticing some screen tearing issues every time I click a link the screen tears before loading the window I come here to ask if there is any way I can fix such a thing nbsp

Relevancy 23.22%

It is issue related to copy some file from one OS to other issue

A:i have got some issue related to windows.On which windows should work and fix that issue.

pleas be more brief about it, so that we could also learn the same. How and where are you facing this issue, copying files from which OS to which? using what means are you copying those files? .
If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444581-i-have-got-some-issue-related-windows-windows-should-work-fix-issue.html
Relevancy 21.93%

So since recently my laptop shuts off randomly. The battery is also getting old and with battery, my laptop runs only for about an hour. Sometimes it runs just fine, and other times it shuts off suddenly, usually when I turn it back on right away, it shuts off again while booting. And also, since that started to happen, my games run with extreme lag.
I hope/think its just a power issue that makes it suddenly turn off. The reason I think this is the problem is because there is a Mic, webcam, hdmi screen, speakers and sometimes Phones, connected to it, only the screen and speakers are self powered.
Before i buy new battry and adapter, first I want to make sure what you guys think it might be?what to do to find out more?

Alienware M17XR4

A:alienware Power issue, power issue or something else?

Does it do it if it's on charge? It could be over heating

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129392-alienware-power-issue-power-issue-something-else.html
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi I have just purchased parts to build a new system Intel Quad Core Q CPU Gigabyte Issue? Help RAM Please EP -UD L MB Samsung TB HDD Sata HD UI Samsung Black DVD Writer SATA Zotac GS MB VC ZT- MEH P-FSL x Kingston G DDRII RAM I assembled the parts then turned on to make sure everything was working and the computer would turn on I would see the splash screen of the motherboard then it would restart So I turned it off and checked to make sure everything was connected properly Then rebooted and and the same issue occured I removed one stick of RAM at a time When I got to two sticks of RAM the system powered on fine So I installed windows bit then thought I would try adding the RAM back in but had the same RAM Issue? Help Please problem I tried all different combinations including different sockets and it appears to happen as soon as there are more than two sticks of RAM in I have tested with RAM from a known good machine and the same issue occurs and tested the new ram in that machine and it is fine I would run memtest but can t when there is more than sticks in the machine as I can t get past the motherboard splash screen It doesn t seem to matter what RAM is in or what sockets I use as soon as there is more than two sticks of RAM in I get the restart issue Could you please help with this problem Thanks in advance Scott edit Could this be it http forums overclockers com au showthread php p If so how can I overcome it Thanks again Scott nbsp

A:RAM Issue? Help Please

According to the manual you can use 2 sticks of double-sided, or four sticks of single-sided RAM. If your RAM is double sided, that is probably your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-issue-help-please.874620/
Relevancy 19.35%

This is what my PC is doing, Please Help. Firefox and Chrome work fine, It's only IE.PC Issues - YouTube

A:This Is My Issue

Have you just updated to IE 11?

See if running IE 11 in compatibility mode helps with the issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/this-is-my-issue-749169.html
Relevancy 19.35%

Hey guys I m not sure if this is suppose to Lag issue be on this thread but it seems to be the closes thing to my issue I been having lag issue when playing games when everybody in my household is on Obviously people will say because you have a slow connection or a bad modem or too much people on Slow connection mbps down and mbps up bad modem asked the isp to replace it yesterday and a lot of people maybe lol iPod touch iPads smart TV laptops I mean my ping for game is like - FPS is probably or so I don t lag when I Lag issue m Lag issue the only one on but when everything or maybe half is on I will get lag spike here and there every probably minutes The modem is wifi integrated with Mbps transfer rate Lag issue wifi wise and support to devices I also tested using my ASUS RT-N U and bridged it to the modem and having a separate wifi connection just for gaming Still no go either way connected to the modem wifi or asus wifi Both setup to support ghz and ghz which most time everything else is connected to the ghz and only laptops that are gaming are connected to the ghz channel I just don t see what wrong here I m a technician but I m stump at the moment Shed me some light networking people Thanks in advance U nbsp

A:Lag issue

but when everything or maybe half is on I will get lag spike here and there every probably 30 minutesClick to expand...

it sdoes sound like its due to the other connections taking up your bandwidth - what are the other devices doing - downloading any updates or streaming films etc ?

Is any one particular device when its connected causing the issue
what are the 3 touch doing - ?
and the 2 ipad these devices would all be streaming

are they streaming from the internet or using itunes on a sever somewhere
I guess is a case of eliminating and seeing when the issue is at its worse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lag-issue.1046149/
Relevancy 19.35%

Dear All,

I just upgraded to SP3 on Xp Home.

Now I can't access games on Pogo.com. It comes up with a Java error that's not a trusted site.

It only has a details and an ok button, with no way to fix it.

Any suggestions?

Please write back

Thanks,
Cnon

A:Sp3 issue

If it's a java error...then I would uninstall whatever version is currently installed...and then follow the directions Here.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329623/sp3-issue/
Relevancy 19.35%

I my application, when click on link it opens a url using navigateToURl("someurl", somefixedCustomname).  In IE8 and 9 its opens either in new window or tab(depends on tab settings), when click the link again for two or three times its reloads
the page in same window or tab, which is as expected(according to call made above), but in IE 11 , on first click its opens a new window or tab(depends of tab settings), on second click its opens another new window or tab(which is not expected), and on third
click onwards it reloads the second window or tab.  how to control this behaviour, I want only one window or tab to be opened for the same, it should reload the content on the same window or tab on every other click. Kindly respond .

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d20be45a-78f7-4d2a-ba9b-00009860a1a1/ie-11-tab-issue?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 19.35%

I have been getting several messages that ultimately say that something is wrong in the system32\0034.dll. I have done a spybot S&D scan, and a adaware scan, and a norton scan.

"The appliction or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\0034.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

A:DLL issue

It's a trojan.Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html) to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295647/dll-issue/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hey guys I have GPU Possible issue a problem with what I am pretty certain is a GPU over heat issue Basically what happens is when the card is under load playing World of Warcraft don t judge in this case Possible GPU issue It causes a full lock up no alt-tab or ctrl alt del is available This is followed by a black screen and the No input message This i m assuming means the GPU is giving up on me My card is an x pro so I decided to d l ATI Tool as It measures temps and has a few tools inclusive I ran the artifact checker as this puts the card under heavy load and lo and Possible GPU issue behold once the card hit I got the same issue lock up no input Can I get one of you guys to comfirm this and advise me on what to do next Thanks alot Edit Thought I would list PC specs anyway Intel Ghz CPUs lt ---Thats what it says in dxdiag x pro gb RAM gb HD Not sure how to check PSU withgout opening the case Speedfan SS to show temps when idle nbsp

Relevancy 19.35%

I got a new machine 40GB hard drive and 1GB ram and when I try to install AIM I get a msg that says your computer does not meet the minimum requirement for AIM 128 MB Ram. anyone has a fix

Please Help ...

A:Aim Issue

I would check with the motherboard manufacturer for possible issues with this problem. Who made your board?

For future reference, and to assist quicker with your issues you will want to update your TechSpot profile to include your system specs with your posts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aim-issue.76481/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all I have just attempted to update my RAM for the second time This time without success My computer first came with x MB DDR DIMMs - I tried upgrading these to x GB but only one of the sticks took I presumed one stick was faulty got it refunded didn t bother replacing it and thought no more of it settling with GB RAM I have now tried to up my RAM to the supposed max of GB slots of RAM issue GB Whilst there are discrepancies most of the online scans including crucial informed me that that is what my motherboard can take I ordered x Bytestor GB PC - DDR MHz - when i installed them both together initially the computer just beeped repeatedly at me I then tried one stick and got a similar reaction I then tried GB and my old working GB stick The OS loaded but RAM issue promptly rebooted itself over and over I performed memtest on both sticks though only passes I may do more later and no errors came up I also checked CMOS for voltages and everything seemed a-ok I m led to believe that this is a compatibility issue power issue doubtful but I am currently running a W min card on a W PSU not at full capacity of course or else I would have a very crispy motherboard RAM issue or capacity issue Below are some details Let me RAM issue know if you have any ideas about what the actual cause could be and possible resolutions Incidentally I have emailed both my computer manufacturer and the RAM manufacturer in the hope that they may be able to shed some light over compaitibility etc Make amp Model Packard Bell iMedia CPU Pentium D Motherboard NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL GA- TRC M-NF MHz No of RAM slots Max RAM - supposedly GB x GB DDR DIMMs PCIe - x GFX nVidia GeForce GT MB DDR PSU FSP Group Inc FSP - Gen W Hz Thanks for any help - much appreciated nbsp

A:RAM issue

Hello.

You have emailed Packard Bell?

If you place on stick in the slot nearest CPU it doesnt beep?

If you remove that stick and place in the second stick in slot nearest CPU it doesnt beep?

You need to let memtest run a lot longer at least 7 passes.

Your system does take:

DDR2 400 / DDR2533 / DDR2 667, 2 banks
Support for up to 4 GB system memory

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-issue.854304/
Relevancy 19.35%

after formating my toshiba laptop and installing again windows 7 it gives me this error message when i try to change the screen saver option
" The screen saver can?t run coz it requires a newer video card or one that?s compatible with direct3D " even when all the drivers have been installed

A:VGA issue

Problem solved by MS at: Error message when you set the screen saver to a 3D screen saver in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2: "The screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that's compatible with Direct3D"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vga-issue-682036.html
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all,

I have been having issues for more than 3 months now.

I still have an old Pentium 3 600mhz that I use as a spare pc. I bought myself some RAM (SD133) 256mb, but my ASUS motherboard only picks up 128MB.

What can I do to fix this?

thanks

A:RAM Issue

Chech the ram, if its one stick, chances are the ram is no good.

Use a memory tester, Memtest86+ is a goo choice

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-issue.711440/
Relevancy 19.35%

Got a new AOpen DVD-RW drive after I did a firmware upgrade to my last drive that failed / fried the drive. Now when I try to save some files to CD or DVD, I get an error saying the drive was reset and the burn fails. It does that when using File Manager or Nero 8 to try and burn. I verified all connections are correct.

Any ideas? Any other information needed?

Relevancy 19.35%

Obviously Sony corporation wants to oblig us using Vista version due to its deal with Microsoft corporation,
I had converted my opertaing system Vista to XP ,but the laptop"VGN-FZ25M" rejected the Audio driver "there is not why of that"
Unfortunately,the sony representative has reneged from its warranty.
Please,any one help to find out the drivers because I'm really disappointing from it"I'm feeling they cheated their customers"
Thanks in advance.

A:please any one help me in this issue......

If you know the brand of audio drive you can go to www.driverguide.com. Site is free but you must register to download anything. If you do not know the brand, go to www.belarc.com (also free) d/l run it. It will tell you everything on your computer, mfg. of item and serial numbers and license numbers. then you should be able to go to the driver guide site.
Good luck
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-any-one-help-me-in-this-issue.714461/
Relevancy 19.35%

I'm going to try explain this the best i can.

I did some cable management and fitted a new GPU cooler a couple days ago. Now the computer boots fine if i don't shut it off at the power (on standby basically). This only happens after i did cable management and gpu, computer was fine beforehand.

Once i shut off the power at the socket or remove the plug then go to boot again with the power on, this happens:

The pc boots for 2 seconds (monitor dosn't activate), pc shuts off.
Then about 3 seconds after it boots again straight to windows and no issues?

It's hardly a problem, but its one of those things that makes you worry that something isn't right in there?

Anyone had similar experience, any help or advice on how to stop this?

A:Odd issue

Suggests a slight bios change to me - PC's can boot in various ways, and there are often options in the bios allowing you to control, for instance, how much checking takes place at boot time. When you think it is actually switching off and re-starting the boot, it may simply be checking something it hadn't used to check.

This behaviour used to be seen after installing a network card designed to boot the PC from a network server. The network card itself had a kind of mini-bios, and would first check for a server boot, not find it, and then the PC bios would start instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-issue.110959/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello everyone. Please excuse my ignorance. I am still learning.

I set up my desktop computer to allow incoming VPN traffic. I opened the necessary port on my netgear router. Next I set up my laptop as my outgoing connection. I tested it at my house, and it works great. What I have found is I cannot connect outside of my network. I know I set something up wrong. So my desktop has a static ip addres of 192.186.1.136. I used that to set up my outgoing connection at first. I realize that is just the ip address assigned behind my router. I have the actual ip address, but when I use that, I get an error 800. Can anyone point me in the right direction for what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks!

A:VPN Issue

Still looking for help, anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177639-vpn-issue.html