Windows Support Forum

Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Q: Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

I purchased a new notebook with Windows 7 in October. During the first weeks I uninstalled McAfee and replaced the harddrive. Since November Windows Update fails with error messages and defender does not start anymore. I made several virus scans (complete) with multiple antivirus programs but nothing showed up.Since it took my days to install various software, I do not want to re-install W7. I also have no good backup that I could restore. I am really surprised that there is not even a single entry regarding the error code in the Microsoft Knowledge base or elsewhere.I really would appreciate help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Update does not work, Windows Standalone Update Installer stops with error 0xc8000247 (Windows 7 Home Premium on Acer Aspire 1810TZ notebook)

Got it !!!!
If You are using notebooks with with hard drive larger than 700 GB you probably should update Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver.
Here is solution :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02219204&cc=nl&lc=en&dlc=en&product
Download and install it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3b716d4c-fb5f-411b-9aee-38af1c529336/windows-update-does-not-work-windows-standalone-update-installer-stops-with-error-0xc8000247?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 101.99%

Hi guys,

I am trying to install Virtual PC on a Win 8.1 laptop. Downloaded the file straight from Microsoft, but when I attempt to run it, I get an error:

Windows Update Standalone Installer
Installer encountered error: 0x80096002
The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found.

I have re-downloaded the file with the same success. If it matters, the Windows Update Agent version is 7.9.9600.17336

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59469-windows-update-standalone-installer-error-0x80096002.html
Relevancy 93.31%

i have tried running the standalone installer and it just sticks at checking for updates also the windows updater goes on for ages i have just installed windows 7 64 bit professional and i have had updates many of which have failed

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385935-windows-update-standalone-installer-problem.html
Relevancy 92.07%

Hi For a while I have been having problems updating Windows Home Premium x using Windows Update getting the Error Code please Error Code pic attached I decided to investigate this and found this Microsoft page Windows Update error - Windows Help Tried to start BITS but got the Error Code please see BITS start error pic attached I then downloaded WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab and ran it Tried first to troubleshoot and repair BITS but also some error messages surfaced please see BITS troubleshooting errors pic attached Then code x64 7 80246008, Update Windows error Home Windows Premium tried to troubleshoot and repair Windows Update but also got error messages please see Windows Update Troubleshooting errors pic attached Yesterday I did also a partial re-installation of the OS only key files using the OS image that came pre-installed with the laptop This did not work I did a fresh reinstall of the OS just some weeks ago to get rid of all Windows Update error code 80246008, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 the little bugs that had accumulated so far which makes this situation a bit more frustrating Since none of Windows Update error code 80246008, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 these things helped I did what you state on the Windows Update Posting page Ran the SURT from the Desktop and it seemed to install a file please see Hotfix for Windows message pic attached It took about mins or so to do it Did a sfc scannow from command prompt logged in as admin please see sfc scannow check results pic attached Did a system reboot Tried windows update no luck I believe I have attached everything you need EXCEPT the CBS file because it is too large The CBS file already compressed is about MB please see quot CBS folder original contents quot pic attached I deleted inside the compressed file all cabinet files except the latest one but it still ran at about MB thus making it impossible to attach it on this post So I uploaded this onto my google drive and I leave you here the link https drive google com file d B D ew usp sharing I hope this is okay I also have dropbox if that's any better If it is not please tell me how to proceed Thanks in advance pedro PS - English is not my native language I'm Portuguese and even though I've often dabbled over the internet trying to fix this or that with my laptop I'm hardly an expert on IT stuff Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/382598-windows-update-error-code-80246008-windows-7-home-premium-x64.html
Relevancy 91.14%

Laptop HP G I installed a new HDD WD black series GB was WD black GB W OEM came with the laptop placed an image on it with Acronis for C-D and E drive After this windows did not update Tried to make legitimate through the internet and phone No result When I tried the phone however windows did start to update But because it was at knight I was happy and shut down the laptop Wanted to update next morning Next morning no updates possible Phone registration did not work to get it legitimate any more Installed W with the DVD I created when the laptop was new same result Looked for the error error not installed after HDD new windows update 0Xc8000247 does code Xc Found out that one solution could be the missing intel RST driver thanks to this forum Tried to install Intel RST and installed latest Java Error because microsoft NETFramework windows does not update after new HDD installed error 0Xc8000247 is not installed Tried to install microsoft NETFramework error not able to install I even tried windows does not update after new HDD installed error 0Xc8000247 this found in thread on the forum Windows Update not running Error Code xc when running SURT Open an Elevated Command Prompt Run the following commands NET STOP WUAUSERV REN C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution SDOLD NET START WUAUSERV wait minutes and reboot then wait minutes and open Windows Updates and run a Check for Updates NO LUCK Now I do not know anymore I would appreciate any help on this Thank you Ed Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -K T -BWQPB- TT Windows Product Key Hash wLvlp acm vWNzftHXjDWB CrQ Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID C B EDD-A - F - - AD F Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Professional Editie - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E AD EA- -b a E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E B - - B D AA B- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mi... Read more

A:windows does not update after new HDD installed error 0Xc8000247

Try to install Windows following this tutorial Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349552-windows-does-not-update-after-new-hdd-installed-error-0xc8000247.html
Relevancy 90.83%

When I try to do the updates I get the error message Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because 7 Windows Home trying Windows run on Premium to Update Error the service is not running I reformatted my hard drive in November I ran the program Farbar Service Scanner and got the following results I have tried to restart the computer times but getting Error trying to run Windows Update on Windows 7 Home Premium the same error Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Shary administrator on - - at Running from quot Error trying to run Windows Update on Windows 7 Home Premium H quot Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Firewall Disabled Policy quot HKLM SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile quot registry key does not exist System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of BITS service is OK The ImagePath of BITS service is OK The ServiceDll of BITS service is OK Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open WinDefend registry key The service key does not exist Other Services Checking Start type of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll of iphlpsvc ATTENTION gt Unable to open iphlpsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking Start type of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve start type of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ImagePath of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ImagePath of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking ServiceDll of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to retrieve ServiceDll of SharedAccess The value does not exist Checking FirewallRules of SharedAccess ATTENTION gt Unable to open quot SharedAccess Defaults FirewallPolicy FirewallRules quot registry key The key does not exist Checking Start type of PolicyAgent ATTENTION gt Unable to open PolicyAgent registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath of PolicyAgent ATTENTION gt Unable to open PolicyAgent registry... Read more

A:Error trying to run Windows Update on Windows 7 Home Premium

Shary get into safe mode and try these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html > you may even need to go to Option 2

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/325412-error-trying-run-windows-update-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 89.9%

After I had to replace my hard drive due to impending failure I restored for mirror image when I booted up I got the Genuine Windows BlaBla must run windows update activation and got this error message xC Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - CQT-WMF J- Q C Windows Product Key Hash KaFG RmurcM ZxzWyfEP WtPUJw code 0xC8000247 error activation update windows Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type windows update activation error code 0xC8000247 OEM SLP Windows OS version ID BF AC - D - D -B - D F AB CF Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Standard Edition - Genuine Microsoft Office Home and Student - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt BF AC - D - D -B - D F AB CF lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - Q C lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt HP-Pavilion lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt BK AA-ABL HPE- f lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major minor gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt EE D FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Pacific Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt HPQOEM lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt SLIC- CPC lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt ... Read more

A:windows update activation error code 0xC8000247

See http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/c2cdae53-b2e7-425a-9f02-bbb13336da75/diagnostic-report-1900270?forum=w7itprosecurity .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512611/windows-update-activation-error-code-0xc8000247/
Relevancy 89.9%

hi ..., i need help regarding the windows update issue.
i'm using windows vista business sp2 running on lenovo thinkpad sl300.
i want to upgrade my harddrive since i need a bigger capacity. so, i try to move my data on old harddrive to a new one.
i'm already try to migrate my harddrive several ways:
1. i try to clone my harddrive with sector by sector copy
2. i try to use rescue and recovery (utilities from thinkvantage)
3. i try to use backup and restore center (windows complete pc backup)
all of them give me the result, everything works just fine, except i no longer can run windows update and all related to it, for example microsoft security essentials.
i already try to fix the windows update with microsoft fix it
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-us with normal and  aggresive mode, none of them works.
can anyone help me on this?Regards, Ferry Huang

A:Windows Update Failed Error Code 0xc8000247

but when i register the dll, there are some error saying the dll is missing or not valid (something like that),
maybe some DLLs are damaged.

Please start the command prompt (cmd.exe) with admin rights [1] and run sfc [2]:

sfc.exe /scannow

Is it able to find and repair broken files (create the txt file shown under [2] and look if all files are restored)?

best regards
André

[1]
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-do-I-run-an-application-once-with-a-full-administrator-access-token

[2]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Want to install RSAT on Windows 7 Sp1? Check my HowTo: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=150221

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/54066ae6-d318-4c09-96a0-316e573c9c37/windows-update-failed-error-code-0xc8000247?forum=itprovistamigration
Relevancy 88.97%

Hi all-

This is my first post so hopefully I'm doing it correctly.

I've been having issues with my Windows update service not checking for updates since it says the service isn't running. I have tried various other fixes that I've seen in other threads such as running Malwarebyte and FSS. When running those tools, no issues were found.

I downloaded SURT, and while the installation will initialize, it stops and gives me a 0xc8000247 error.

I ran sfc /scannow and have attached the log file below.

I have also enclosed the CBS logs as requested.

I am running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) and have SP1 installed. Please advise if there is any additional information that you need. If it matters, the computer in question is an HP Pavilion DV8.

Thank you,

Tom

A:SURT error 0xc8000247 and Windows update service isn't running

Did you not think it might have something to do with the non-genuine notification you're also almost certainly getting?

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

Installing the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers
try downloading and installing them from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194

(you want the iata_enu.exe download)

Once complete, please reboot twice, then post another MGADiag report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357058-surt-error-0xc8000247-windows-update-service-isnt-running.html
Relevancy 88.04%

While updating HP Active Support Library in windows vista home premium it downloads and checks for space allocation and then gives me Error 1316.A network error while attempting to read from file c:\windows\installer\HP active support library.msi Then after the rolling back action I receive Error-1603-Fatal-error during installation consult windows installer help (msi.chm) or msdn for more information. I have tried to go to the latter but have been unsuccessful in eliminating this problem. Is there anything that can be done short of restoring my laptop back to its original out of the box settings?

A:Receiving Error-1603-Fatal error during installation of update for the home support library in windows vista home premium

Worth reading, IMO: http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_content/20113/Error_1316__A_network_error_occurred_while_attempting_to_rea

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373953/receiving-error-1603-fatal-error-during-installation-of-update-for-the-home-support-library-in-windows-vista-home-premium/
Relevancy 88.04%

Noel I received quot again quot the Windows Not Genuine message screen System Properties show me Windows Home Premium SP1 Premium Windows 7 Home error Update 0x800B0100 Windows activation Windows is activated Product ID -OEM- - The MGADiagnostics tool responds my Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 Update error 0x800B0100 version is Genuine see below Today I received the -bit Windows Home Premium SP Reinstallation DVD from Dell The DVD states The Microsoft operating system Certificate of Authenticity COA is a label located on the bottom of your computer The COA contains the product key code which might be required to complete the operating system setup The problem The label on my system shows a COA for the Vista Home Premium OS Dell updated the Vista Version to Win offered for free in July of Would the same COA work for the Windows Home Premium Reinstallation DVD Another problem would be a fresh install not only of the OS but the time required to re-install over Programs properly configured and ready to run I was able to reverse the restore point from before November and so able to install all Windows updates including those of December I quot again quot was not able to install since August the -bit Windows SP update KB see below and received the error code x B I downloaded and ran the -bit System Update Readiness Tool three times followed by the Fix it KB to no avail Is the amount of single updates I received since December of a problem to install Service Pack The earlier tampered Registry entries did not show up Checking the System Registry entries related to SLUI EXE C Windows system gt REG QUERY HKLM SOFTWARE Wow Node Classes TypeLib EE br - - AD - - C C C AA S HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Classes TypeLib EE - - AD - br - C C C AA Default REG SZ SPPUI Type Library HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Classes TypeLib EE - - AD - br - C C C AA HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Classes TypeLib EE - - AD - br - C C C AA win Default REG EXPAND SZ SystemRoot System slui exe HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Classes TypeLib EE - - AD - br - C C C AA FLAGS Default REG SZ C Windows system gt Results Running the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- WGA Data-- gt Validation Status Genuine Validation Code Cached Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -PHMJD-H WFF- JFG Windows Product Key Hash MDozAz ccP R XxzRxgu Gn RRo Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID E C E E - D - B- C-BCF A Is Admin Yes TestCab x WGA Version N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x WGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office XP Professional - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E AD EA- -b a E AD EA- - E AD EA- - E B - - B D AA B- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E C E E - D - B- C-BCF A lt UGUID gt ... Read more

A:Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 Update error 0x800B0100

Welcome!
(For the benefit of our other readers, fdohmann joins us from the MS forums, as the subject was getting off-topic for the WGA forums there)

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357484-windows-7-home-premium-sp1-update-error-0x800b0100.html
Relevancy 88.04%

Keep geting error the error code 800b0100 when I try to update window 7 home premium x64 for service pack 1 when i try to update with the file KB976932 have used surt still no sucess. Hope you can help thanks a bunch.
Vicky

A:Windows 7 home premium x64 update error 800b0100 for sp1

CheckSUR found the following problems

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-iecompat_31bf3856ad364e35_8.0.7600.16432_none_bbb336750919d734.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-iecompat_31bf3856ad364e35_8.0.7600.16432_none_17d1d1f8c177486a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-ie-iecompat_31bf3856ad364e35_8.0.7600.20539_none_bc43d5462231285f.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-iecompat_31bf3856ad364e35_8.0.7600.20539_none_186270c9da8e9995.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB975364~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB975364~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB975364_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB975364_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB975364~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB975364~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB975364~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB975364~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB975364_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB975364_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB975364~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB975364~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.cat
I'll post a fix protocol later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/302947-windows-7-home-premium-x64-update-error-800b0100-sp1.html
Relevancy 88.04%

I am running Win 7 Home Premium, 64 bit on a Dell laptop studio xps 16. I am having trouble with Windows Updates. "Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer." No Antivirus installed on the computer.
Windows Update is not showing in "services.msc"
I've attached the CBS.zip and screenshot of a SFC scan.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Update Error

Welcome to SevenForums , alexarut

Lets see something

Farbar Service Scanner

Click here Farbar Service Scanner to DOWNLOAD

Place the file onto your desktop

Right click on FSS.exe select

Place a check mark next to the following options
⬜ Internet Services
⬜ Windows Firewall
⬜ System Restore
⬜ Security Center
⬜ Windows Update
⬜ Windows Defender
⬜ Other Services

Press the Scan button

Farbar Service Scanner will create a log, called FSS.txt, on the Desktop. Upload the FSS.txt with your reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/302435-windows-7-home-premium-64bit-update-error.html
Relevancy 87.42%

So, I have been having this issue with Windows 7 on my computer. The problem is that after time, Windows seems to get buggy as I have to reboot my computer to open certain programs, programs stop responding frequently, hold the power button of to shut it off (Hangs at "Shutting Down"), and sometimes have to deal with black screens at boot up. I've tried reinstalling Windows many times, and making sure all the drivers are installed and the problem continues. Does any anyone know how I could solve this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402273-windows-7-home-premium-x64-sp1-buggy-acer-aspire-tc-605-a.html
Relevancy 87.11%

Hi I have encountered an update error while updating my new pc and I would like to have a solution I downloaded the SURT and installed the hotfix did the SFC scan as an administrator tried to do a repair install and failed The repair install itself cannot be accomplished Before I tried updating I've installed Steam and Origin along with several games through them I then installed Audacity sound editor and Nexus Mod Manager a trusted program for modding games like Skyrim I've also installed Firefox which froze my computer twice leading update 80073712 error Premium 7 Windows Home 64bit to forced shut downs by power button which probably is the source of some levels of corruption I have attached the MGADIAG report CBS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit update error 80073712 folder and relevant images to this post MGADIAG report Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -R FJQ-G D-QY WM Windows Product Key Hash EjrbHEoRTBuVdyc gtrx TwwfvY Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID C DF- C - A - B- E DD D Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Users user firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt C DF- C - A - B- E DD D lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -QY WM lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt ASUS lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt All Series lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt D A F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Malay Peninsula Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA NSLP channel Activation ID bc -c d- a-afe -a fbc e Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installa... Read more

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit update error 80073712

The CBS.zip file you uploaded appears to be corrupt - please re-create a new version and upload that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/348353-windows-7-home-premium-64bit-update-error-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 87.11%

Hey all I have a lenovo tower running windows home premium service pack all seems to be working great except when I go to do updates every update is installed except this one nagging one that fails repeatedly The Update is Security Update KB and the error code is x When the update didn't install I hit help that took me to this page - 7 Home Windows SP1 Premium error 0x80073712 repeated update Windows Update error x I ran the System File Checker Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - repeated update error 0x80073712 tool as administrator in cmd prompt sfc scannow when it finished it said Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations I tried again to install the update but it failed The next step was to download and install the System Update Readiness tool installed that said finished after about mins read that it appears to hang but just let it go and yeah it seemed to install but after that the update still won't install fails with same error code That's where the microsoft page stops in terms of what to check or do so now I come to the group hoping to find some answers I read the page that showed Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - repeated update error 0x80073712 the steps to reporting about an error and have attempted to attach my cbs zip file but it keeps saying - Internal server error I am supposed to be attaching the entire cbs folder saved as a zip then uploading that cbs zip correct It's showing as MB is that too big For me everytime I try to upload that zip file I just get that server error I will try again after I post the thread if there is anything else I am missing detail wise please let me know The computer sure seems to run just fine except this one pesky update that won't load Thanks for reviewing this info and trying to help me resolve it Bill

A:Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 - repeated update error 0x80073712

I have tried repeatedly to upload my cbs.zip file it just errors out I am guessing due to size, should I just upload the files one at a time here vs all as one zip file?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/354166-windows-7-home-premium-sp1-repeated-update-error-0x80073712.html
Relevancy 87.11%

On or about the last Microsoft Auto-Updates were successfully installed on the computer Not until about -weeks later did I come to find the Windows Update was not working at all Upon a manual request Premium 800700DE Home Error Vista Windows Update to check for updates the new nd page was displayed with a left side vertical red border and red X displaying error DE unable to check for or install updates At this time Windows Vista Home Premium Update Error 800700DE the Updater was Windows Vista Home Premium Update Error 800700DE set for Auto-Updates and all Microsoft programs including Office No prior issues were experienced Upon contacting Microsoft support through remote assistance many attempts were made but no resolution reached After the Updater was set only as a Windows Updater not for all programs and the st screen when opening Windows Update now also displays in red as the nd explained above This issue did not exist prior to Microsoft making changes to the OS Microsoft then left the issue stating the OS is corrupt and needs to be repaired to resolve the Updater issue with the original discs There are no original discs only Recovery discs self-created As these discs are currently inacessible for me at the time Microsoft offered to order the discs to make the repair yet never did no follow-thru In my further contact I was then informed for the st time by another Microsoft rep if the discs they send are used to repair the issue it would void out all manufacturers warranties After a week nothing has been resolved upon repeat attempts with Microsoft I have checked to see if any new programs were installed after to cause conflict clear the cache cookies regularly defragged have run several utilities programs yet the error still persists I have also run Microsoft FixIt more than x finding and repairing issues with the Updater yet the issue persists The only change since is my location and Wi-Fi connection Oddly Microsoft Security Essentials is still receiving auto-updates without issue And the computer is NOT experiencing any other issues nor having any downloading or updating issues with any other programs software or otherwise Bottom-line personally I don't know what is causing the issue nor how to resolve it but my gut is telling me the OS does not need to be repaired that there are other steps to resolve this issue but what Thanks all Windows Update error DE Sony VAIO VGN-FZ E -Bit Windows Vista Home Premium SP OEM Microsoft Security Essentials Internet Explorer Office Acrobat All other software programs in use up-to-date

A:Windows Vista Home Premium Update Error 800700DE

Welcome
See if this helps
Windows Update - Reset - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/293230-windows-vista-home-premium-update-error-800700de.html
Relevancy 87.11%

Hello I'm having a problem installing Windows Updates on my Windows Home Premium -bit PC - the update process ends with the error code B see attached screenshot I have tried following several suggested courses of action I obtained from several sources none of which has resolved the problem including Methods amp of Microsoft's Windows update error code B failes to install KB - Microsoft Community sfc scannow 800736B3 Update Code - 7 64-bit Error Home Windows Premium - gt no errors reported System Update Readiness Tool - gt downloaded installed successfully - no errors reported After running both of these restarted my PC and then tried to install the Windows updates again - no luck same Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Update - Error Code 800736B3 error reported So now I will see if anyone here can help me Thank-you very much in advance for any assistance you can provide Kevin p s the CBS zip file I created as per the Windows Update Posting Instructions was MB so too large to post There are several large cab files in that folder CbsPersist cab - can I exclude those from the zip file Edit Added CBS zip file with log files Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Update - Error Code 800736B3 only from C Windows Logs CBS folder

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Update - Error Code 800736B3

I'm trying to figure out what exactly this error code means... it's not as easy to find like BSOD bugcheck codes, lol.

What updates failed exactly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/364460-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-update-error-code-800736b3.html
Relevancy 87.11%

Since July 16 failed the Windows update.
Every day Windows attempts to install updates every day it fails.
Error code is 80073701.

CBS.zip is too large, therefore, via this link:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/wewb9x
I have added a copy of the update history.
It's in Dutch:
Mislukt means failed.
Voltooid means Successfull

Thanks in advance
Hans

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Fails to Update error 80073701

One of your problems is likely to be the number of Language packs you have installed.
MS recommend a maximum of 10 MUI Language packs be installed.

You have a large number of Missing Component Keys - I'm not an expert on these, so I'm going to call in the cavalry for this one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378345-windows-7-home-premium-fails-update-error-80073701-a.html
Relevancy 86.49%

Hi everyone,

a week ago my one-month-age laptop starts to have unexpected BSODs.

Here is the message that appears when the system restart:

Firma problema:
Nome evento problema: BlueScreen
Versione SO: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
ID impostazioni locali: 1040

Ulteriori informazioni sul problema:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000406F8
BCP4: FFFFF80002E517A0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

I've attached the .zip file with all the files from the Minidump source.

I'm sorry for my english level.

Thanks

A:BSOD on Acer Aspire 5738ZG with Windows 7 Home Premium

Not a very firm answer, but several of the memory dumps blame NETIO.SYS
This is a component of the Windows networking subsystem
As such, I'd first suggest that you:
- download the latest drivers for your network device from the manufacturer's website
- uninstall the current networking drivers using Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
- install the freshly downloaded drivers and see if that stops the BSOD's

Here's a summary of the BSOD's:

Code:
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Tue Mar 23 08:15:34.705 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:44.625
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff80002e517a0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Tue Mar 23 05:29:20.657 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:20.577
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff80002ede591}
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!CompareSecurityContexts+6a )
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Tue Mar 23 01:41:39.120 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:22:52.039
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff80002e885a2}
Debug session time: Mon Mar 22 09:52:01.441 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:46.361
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff80002e9d798}
Debug session time: Mon Mar 22 09:47:38.493 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:23.413
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff80002ecd3f0}
Debug session time: Thu Mar 18 11:37:34.011 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:07:06.931
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff80002e3f798}
Debug session time: Wed Mar 17 10:21:56.699 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:36:27.618
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff80002e97798}
Debug session time: Wed Mar 17 09:45:01.379 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:15.299
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff80002e52798}
Debug session time: Tue Mar 16 09:26:34.600 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:22:41.519
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff80002e53798}
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fr... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73363-bsod-acer-aspire-5738zg-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 86.18%

Ever since it came out, my computer has been unable to install SP1. It has never really been an issue before, but I now have a program that won't install because it requires SP1.

The error message I am getting is 0x800f0900

I have run the System Update Readiness Tool (Windows6.1-KB947821-v31-x86.msu)

I have also run sfc /scannow
It reports that "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."

I have attached the log files as instructed.

Please help! Thank you.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit SP1 Update is failing, error 0x800f0900

CheckSUR shows a number of errors - we'll start with the easy ones...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\x86_8a117fec14724314ae8f4445f65cb8f2_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.17013_none_62d15788865bc68e.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2685811~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.11.mum
servicing\packages\Package_76_for_KB2685811~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.11.mum
servicing\packages\Package_1_for_KB2685811~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.11.cat
servicing\packages\Package_76_for_KB2685811~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~6.1.1.11.cat
I'll post a fix protocol for these later.

What's more worrying is the number of errors in the SFC log...

Code:
Line 95155: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004ef [SR] Repairing 30 (0x0000001e) components
Line 95156: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004f0 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 95161: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004f3 [SR] Cannot verify component files for 8a117fec14724314ae8f4445f65cb8f2, Version = 6.1.7600.17013, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral, manifest is damaged (TRUE)
Line 95164: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004f5 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"autoconv.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-Convert, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 95167: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004f7 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"WUDFRd.sys" of Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode, Version = 6.1.7600.17013, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 95170: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004f9 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"ehtray.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-ehome-ehtray, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 95173: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004fb [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"ie4uinit.exe.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-Setup-Support.Resources, Version = 9.4.8112.16421, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 95176: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004fd [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"mblctr.exe" of Microsoft-Windows-MobilePC-MobilityCenter, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 95179: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 000004ff [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:32{16}]"unregmp2.exe.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-MediaPlayer-Setup.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 95182: 2014-01-28 20:55:39, Info CSI 00000501 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"msnetobj.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-MediaPlayer-DRM, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/320104-windows-7-home-premium-32bit-sp1-update-failing-error-0x800f0900.html
Relevancy 86.18%

It has ran for 2 hrs. and nothing. SURT has ran for hrs. also, but it's not going to find any updates.
I ran SFC and it found nothing wrong.
I have gotten no error codes.
I am attaching the CBS.zip and the windowsupdate log.zip.
The last couple lines in the update log go on for hundreds of lines to the end so. I deleted them.
This is a clean install of Windows Home Premium 64 bit on a Inspiron 1525.
Everything works great except Windows Update.
I hope someone can figure out from the logs what the problem is.

A:Clean install 7 home premium,windows update not downloading, no error

I'm no Windows 7 Update expert but I did take a look at your logs. I think added information would be help full.

Make sure you complete this tutorial completely.

I believe this tutorial completed would also be helpful.

Windows Update Posting Instructions

Also complete this tutorial and post the log here.

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378002-clean-install-7-home-premium-windows-update-not-downloading-no-error.html
Relevancy 85.56%

Hi My computer freezes randomly - times a day The only event I could connect with freezing is a fast mouse movement but sometimes it freezes with no activity from my side at all The computer is frozen and do not answer on Ctrl-Alt-Del n o mater how long I am waiting The only way is to press on-off button and restart the system No BSOD at all Graphic card is new changed by the ACER service I run Memtest - passed no errors Memory GB I am occasionally running LINUX from CD or USB and the Freezes home premium M5300 64 7 ACER bit Computer Aspire windows computer Computer Freezes ACER Aspire M5300 windows 7 home premium 64 bit newer freezes in LINUX only in Windows I am running Computer Freezes ACER Aspire M5300 windows 7 home premium 64 bit different LINUX flavours mostly UBUNTU Talked several times with Acre support in UK despite the fact that I am in Sweden and reinstalled the system several times to the factory state Antivirus up to date AVG Free and AdAware No signs of infection I have run the system diagnosis tool from control panel and there are only errors in test report The device PS Keyboard is reporting tv Computer Freezes ACER Aspire M5300 windows 7 home premium 64 bit ConfigMgrErr Plug and Play-ID ACPI PNP - E C F- Microsoft PS Mouse reporting tv ConfigMgrErr Plug and Play-ID ACPI PNP F - E C F- I have USB mouse and keyboard attached to the computer now but at the beginning used PS units via a mouse keyboard monitor switch I installed again PS mouse keyboard and uninstalled according to runes but the same errors are again in the report I am running mostly MS software on the computer except the e-mail program which is Mozilla Thunderbird in Windows XP SP mode All drivers are up to date The audio driver network card driver and video card driver are downloaded from the producers Is there any idea what to do Thanks and regards

A:Computer Freezes ACER Aspire M5300 windows 7 home premium 64 bit

hi i can say go to acer website download the latest bios an flash your machine. its not the software as i have the same machine and running the software on my other machine with no problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142483-computer-freezes-acer-aspire-m5300-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 85.56%

Hi

My girlfriends laptop seems to be acting funny lately. I was wondering would someone mind looking at these and tell me if anything looks wrong!

No Ethernat controller and Printer port in Device manager. DVDRW drive wont work when I go into my Computer and right click and press Eject it does open.

I've service pack 1.

Laptop spec are

Acer Aspire 5742Z
Intel Pentium Processor P6100
15.6 HD LED LCD
Intel HD Garphics
4GB DDR3 Memory
Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n

I've attached some files of scans I done with Acer Utility. When I go to Acer website it doesn't recognize most of my drivers

A:Acer Aspire 5742Z, Windows 7 64bit home premium advice please!

Back up her data then restore to factory new state using the recovery partition. From the ACER Generic UG

Quote:
Restore
The restore feature allows you to restore or recover the system from a factor
default image or from previously created CD and DVD backups. You can also
reinstall applications and drivers for your Acer system.
1 Click on Start, All Programs , Acer, Acer eRecovery Management.
2 Switch to the Restore page by clicking Restore.
3 You can choose to restore the system from a factory default image or
reinstall applications and drivers.
4 Follow the instructions on screen to complete the process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239136-acer-aspire-5742z-windows-7-64bit-home-premium-advice-please.html
Relevancy 83.08%

I'm trying to update my computer (it's been awhile) and for whatever reason I can't get Windows Update to function.

I'm getting the following error: Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer.

I've restarted my computer multiple times and nada.

I'm attaching the CBS file: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...hint=folder%2c

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Windows Update Service Not Running

I'm a little confused here - the errors I see in the CBS.log file indicate that the problem is that the machine is attempting to install SP1, yet indications are that SP is already installed .

Can you confirm the status one way or the other?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374886-windows-7-home-premium-windows-update-service-not-running.html
Relevancy 83.08%

I just reformatted my PC and unable to run Windows Update.
I have attached the CBS file and a screenshot of the error message.
Have tried restarting a zillion times, update drivers, and a fix registry tool but still unsuccessful.
Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Update service not running (Windows 7 Home Premium x64)

Your install has a very high number of POQ's in the SFC report - which usually indicates that a lot of Language Packs have been installed.

There are no serious errors in the scan.

Please download the Farbar Service Scanner from

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/

Right-click on the saved file and select 'Run as Administrator', and tick all the options, then click on the Scan button - copy and paste the report to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/369963-windows-update-service-not-running-windows-7-home-premium-x64.html
Relevancy 83.08%

I just restored my Toshiba Satellite L505-S5984 due the replacement of my crashed hard drive. However, windows updates is not working. It tells me the "windows update service is not running". The CNET forum referred me to Toshiba for a "known problem" but Toshiba says they are not aware of any restore issues or windows update issues.

I have restored the computer again to ensure it was not just a glitch with the restore but I get the same results.

I have also tried Microsoft's Fixit tool but it tells me it has repaired the components but windows updates will still not run.

Everything else on the computer appears to be functioning properly.

Anyone have any suggestions?

A:Windows Update Service not running on Windows 7 Home Premium

Hi and welcome,

Have you try checking the services program?

Click on start and type in services on the search bar, open the program,

Scroll down until you see windows update, right-click and select start.

If the service is set to disabled or manual, right-click and properties, find the option start-up type and select automatic, apply it and press ok.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-service-not-running-on-windows-7-home-premium-635559.html
Relevancy 82.15%

When i turned on my Acer Aspire One ZG it shows an error saying that Quote Windows System Hal dll missing or corrupt Please re-install a copy of the above file Then i cannot logon to windows So what i did tried to look for a solution and found Acer Recovery using USB flash drive I don't have CD DVD drive But i don't think it would be the solution because i THINK it would delete all my files am i correct Or do i have an option So i went to One Acer Windows hal.dll XP installer on and error Aspire drive for flash look for another then i found this http sincitylife net xpthumbdrive aspx and yes it boots on my aspire one Then I went to the recovery console to follow these instructions on another site Quote When you reach the command line prompt recovery console type the following and then press Enter expand d i hal dl c windows system hal dll hal.dll error and Windows XP installer on flash drive for Acer Aspire One Using the hal.dll error and Windows XP installer on flash drive for Acer Aspire One expand command as shown above d represents the drive letter assigned to the optical drive that your Windows XP CD is currently in While this is most often d your system could assign a different letter Also c windows represents the drive and folder that Windows XP is currently installed on Again this is most often the case but your system could be different If you're prompted to overwrite the file press Y Take out the Windows XP CD type exit and then press Enter to restart your PC Assuming that a missing or corrupt hal dll file was your only hal.dll error and Windows XP installer on flash drive for Acer Aspire One issue Windows XP should now start normally But the problem is i don't know what drive letter is my USB on but i think the drive where windows is on is C because the command line is showing quot C WINDOWS quot I tried from D to K and it just says path is not valid So i resorted to using this solution for it might fix it Quote se the Bootcfg utility in the Recovery Console to correct the Boot ini file Use the Windows XP CD-ROM to start your computer When you receive the message to press R to repair Windows by using the Recovery Console press the R key Select the Windows installation that you want and then type the administrator password when prompted Type bootcfg rebuild and then press ENTER When the Windows installation is located the following instructions are displayed Add installation to boot list Yes No All Type Y in response to this message Enter Load Identifier This is the name of the operating system Type Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition Enter OS Load options Leave this field blank and then press ENTER After you perform the preceding steps restart the computer and then select the first item on the boot menu This should allow Windows XP to start normally i again forgot what OS am i but i think it was either Windows XP or Windows XP Professional st thing i did was input Windows XP then i turned off then on to restart the comp and i forgot typing quot exit quot to exit the recovery console Another problem rose and the error change it was something like quot There is a problem with the hardware boot quot or stuff like that then I went back to recovery console thinking it really is Windows XP Professional So i entered Windows XP Professional to Load Identifier then i ended up having to OS to choose when turning on the aspire one But if i choose the Windows XP Professional the error is same as the hal dll missing or corrupt different from Windows XP Help What should i do to restore my acer without formatting it without deleting my files I have very important files stored in it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hal-dll-error-and-windows-xp-installer-on-flash-drive-for-acer-aspire-one-402626.html
Relevancy 82.15%

i had just changed a hard rive from a 500gb seagate to a 1tb hgst and when i try to do windows update and when i click on it i am prompted with a message that says windows update cannot currently check for up dates because the service is not running you may need to restart your computer which i have done many of times with no success i really dont know what to do

A:Windows update not running - windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Please complete and post so our experts can help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/351650-windows-update-not-running-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 82.15%

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, I just got my laptop a few weeks ago and noticed today that windows update isn't running.

when I click on windows update i'm prompted with a message saying that the service isn't started and to reset my system, however when i check my services it tells me what windows update is started and set to automatic (delayed start) can anybody help with this please? I've been looking up some solutions online and nothing has seemed to work, help would be really aprichiated

Thanks
Aidan

A:Windows update not running - windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Open Windows Update
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Never Update...'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Now open Windows update again
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Update automatically'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Open Windows Update, and do a manual Check for Updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/273026-windows-update-not-running-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 82.15%

Hello everyone I am new here I have an issue with Windows Update OS Windows Home premium Home 7 update (windows issue) X64 Premium Windows x SP on a ASUS laptop I bought few months ago I have attached screenshots that will explain everything better it seems that the text in windows update is missing completely I don't know what caused Windows 7 Home Premium X64 (windows update issue) this because it used to work correctly but I stopped the updates manually and turned off notifications in action center Also the operating system was set to the Italian language but i've changed it to EN using Vistalizator I googled the problem a bit and found you guys I've tried to merge a Windows Update reg file that Brink posted in order to set the service to default parameters but that won't help at all Also in the services list as you can see in the screenshot I highlighted the windows update service in the description area of the service says quot lt Failed to Read Description Error Code gt quot I'm kindly asking for your help and or suggestions ideas Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 Home Premium X64 (windows update issue)

Hello Bacilul and welcome to the forums

Do you use registry cleaners/optimisers? This sort of problem seems right up their street!

Can you post the requested data please: Windows Update Posting Instructions

Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/286882-windows-7-home-premium-x64-windows-update-issue.html
Relevancy 81.22%

Hello nbsp I have an Acer Aspire One - A - -Bit - I used the notebook and installed Windows on it and it came to a crawl nbsp I decided to reset the computer to factory settings nbsp It was successful however I cannot install any updates from Windows nbsp I am running Windows Home Premium with Service Pack nbsp nbsp nbsp I tried to install Aspire Will 7 Update Windows Not One Acer an on 72... updates the first time with no luck and tried every solution I could find online nbsp I searched through forum after forum and tried every solution I could find and no luck nbsp I installed many downloads as recommended from Microsoft and no Windows 7 Will Not Update on an Acer Aspire One 72... solutions nbsp I only eventually got to error codes such as and x C and x e nbsp Windows 7 Will Not Update on an Acer Aspire One 72... I again tried solutions and nothing worked nbsp Most of the downloads I did were from herre nbsp https www microsoft com en-us download windows aspx nbsp I did eventually install CCleaner and updated to Explorer which I downloaded directly from the Microsoft website nbsp That Windows 7 Will Not Update on an Acer Aspire One 72... was successful nbsp Nothing else was nbsp So I wiped the computer out again and reset it back to factory settings and am back to square one nbsp I have installed NOTHING else to this point expect to try Windows Updates nbsp All I get is the progress monitor to continue to run nbsp It has been running and searching for any updates for almost hours now and nothing nbsp It still reads Checking for Updates and nothing else nbsp Any help would be appreciated as I don't know what else to try nbsp This seems to be a somewhat common problem with no real solution at this point as my Google search has told me nbsp Two screen shots are below nbsp Thank you for any help or advice nbsp At this point the computer is basically unusable and this is very frustrating nbsp I have spend hours and hours and hour and nothing nbsp Thank you all and be well nbsp nbsp Brad nbsp nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Windows-7-Will-Not-Update-on-an-Acer-Aspire-One-722/td-p/456790
Relevancy 81.22%

my pc was born W8.1 and was updated to W10 a few months ago.2 weeks ago I was prompted to accept a new update of my AMD A6 processor. Apparently I was not succesful and Windows never loaded. I tried many things until I happened to reinstall a previous fixpoint (?). Not the first but the fourth back in time. Apparently the drive with Windows was locked, and I had no idea how I would get further than the frozen Acer logo. However, this time Windows came on.Then yesterday I was informed of two waiting AMD Radeon Crimson updates 16.3.1, and I accepted. However, I am now locked again, and this time I don't have the fixpoint from February any longer, and I am stuck. Aren't AMD or Acer responsible for such damage and how will I fix it? My pc does not have a cd drive and no boot stick. 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:AMD update of Acer Aspire V5-122 with Windows 10

Maybe a Windows 10 update or "Mandatory" Windows 10 driver update. I have my Windows Update set to Windows can't download or install updates until I check them and allow it and I don't have Windows 10. I tried it and didn't think it has any benefits over 8.1 and rolled it back. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/AMD-update-of-Acer-Aspire-V5-122-with-Windows-10/td-p/428679/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 81.22%

my pc was born W8.1 and was updated to W10 a few months ago.2 weeks ago I was prompted to accept a new update of my AMD A6 processor. Apparently I was not succesful and Windows never loaded. I tried many things until I happened to reinstall a previous fixpoint (?). Not the first but the fourth back in time. Apparently the drive with Windows was locked, and I had no idea how I would get further than the frozen Acer logo. However, this time Windows came on.Then yesterday I was informed of two waiting AMD Radeon Crimson updates 16.3.1, and I accepted. However, I am now locked again, and this time I don't have the fixpoint from February any longer, and I am stuck. Aren't AMD or Acer responsible for such damage and how will I fix it? My pc does not have a cd drive and no boot stick. 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:AMD update of Acer Aspire V5-122 with Windows 10

Maybe a Windows 10 update or "Mandatory" Windows 10 driver update. I have my Windows Update set to Windows can't download or install updates until I check them and allow it and I don't have Windows 10. I tried it and didn't think it has any benefits over 8.1 and rolled it back. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/AMD-update-of-Acer-Aspire-V5-122-with-Windows-10/m-p/428679
Relevancy 81.22%

Please help me out - I replaced my defective HDD with a new Samsung Spinpoint HDD, re-installed my Windows 7 image using the recovery DVDs, and can't update windows at all after that. I tried following the steps from Windows Update Posting Instructions - System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and could not install that update either - got the attached message.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

A:Windows Update not running. Error Code 0xc8000247 when running SURT

This may simply be caused by a bad set of Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers -

try downloading and installing them from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=22194

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/294153-windows-update-not-running-error-code-0xc8000247-when-running-surt.html
Relevancy 111.37%

I haven't been able to install any updates since jan of this year I have been on the road for a few weeks and I tried update using update Can't updates windows or standalone install to figure out the problem once I got back When Can't install updates using windows update or standalone update a update is being installed it will stall we will say at I have looked in the log files and this is what I find From the Application Log Code Can't install updates using windows update or standalone update Faulting application name TrustedInstaller exe version time stamp x ce b Faulting module name wcp dll version time stamp x da Exception code x Fault offset x d a Faulting process id x ec Faulting application start time x ccf bae fccb Faulting application path C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe Faulting module path C Windows winsxs amd microsoft-windows-servicingstack bf ad e none ce c de cb f wcp dll Report Id a ff f - ae- e -a - fd From the setup log Code Windows update quot Update for Windows KB quot could not be installed because of error quot quot Command line quot quot C Windows system wusa exe quot quot C Users Les AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE KXQDWOEH Windows -KB -x msu quot quot When I try to run sfc now or verify only I get this error Code C Windows system gt sfc verifyonly Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation C Windows system gt I am stumped so any suggestions will be much appreciated Thanks Les

A:Can't install updates using windows update or standalone update

Try running the System Updates Readiness Tool.

This is the link for the 64-bit version: Download: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [February 2012] - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

This Microsoft article may help too: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab0

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/217328-cant-install-updates-using-windows-update-standalone-update.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Has Microsoft really messed up the Windows update in 7 Home Premium or is it the image files downloaded from here: [REMOVED UNAUTHORIZED LINK]

I have my key, but no disk and these people advertise themselves as a Digital River mirror. Every time I install with their ISO I have big problem with Update. I'm wondering if their downloads are corrupted.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Update

Can you give more detail about the problem? Also, have you received any errors about Windows 7 not being genuine? Thanks.
(Example: Give me an error code.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/379028-windows-7-home-premium-update.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Why does my laptop doesn't want to download the system update, I get this error message code found 80072F8F. I am using a Toshiba Satellite L735D-S3102.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Update Help

Hi start here Windows Update error 80072f8f - Microsoft Windows Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-home-premium-update-help-785170.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Hi. Whenever I try to update my laptop, it always gets stuck on "Installing 1 of 22". It's happened for about 2-3 years now and I hope now since I've finally registered an account and telling people on sevenforums.com about this, I can update my Windows.

Computer Information:
Manufacturer: Hewlett Packurd
Model: HP Pavilion dm3 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Neo X2 Dual Core Processor L335 1.60 GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
System Type: 64-bit

A:Can't update Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

BottleSW welcome to SevenForums

Take a look at the link below

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/294023-cant-update-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 110.08%

My Acer Aspire had been running well for the past years or so without any issues when all of a sudden I encountered an issue when I tried booting it up today A couple of days ago Windows Update did its usual thing and installed some updates before the computer shut down Whenever it's doing an update I always make sure the charger is plugged in just so that the power supply doesn't cut out the - Acer not... 5742 Update Windows Issue with Aspire 7 battery doesn't run out which may cause issues with the update The laptop shut down as normal nbsp Upon startup a message appears saying Failure configuring Windows Update Reverting changes Do not turn off your computer I have left it running for at least hours in the hope that it will revert but nothing seems to have happened I have given up and also tried booting in safe mode but to no avail nbsp Any ideas on what to do I have done some light research into it on the web but none of the solutions seem to match nbsp Also whilst I am asking this question if I were to completely reformat the laptop in order to get rid of this issue how would I go about getting the OEM locked key for the Windows as it came pre-installed I currently have no way to access the Acer Recovery Acer Aspire 5742 - Issue with Windows 7 Update not... part on the laptop so a complete reformat seems like Acer Aspire 5742 - Issue with Windows 7 Update not... the easiest thing to do as I have nothing I want to keep on the harddrive

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Acer-Aspire-5742-Issue-with-Windows-7-Update-not-allowing/td-p/462127
Relevancy 110.08%

For the past several months I have been getting regular BSODs on my Acer Aspire M desktop PC They started after a Various on Aspire update after Acer windows M3802 BSOD Windows update was applied a few months ago The BSODs rapidly got worse to the point where they were constant and Various BSOD after windows update on Acer Aspire M3802 the only Various BSOD after windows update on Acer Aspire M3802 way I could use the PC was to use System Restore to roll back to a point before the update As soon as the update s were applied however usually on the next boot-up the BSODs would immediately return The BSOD messages are not consistent they include but are not limited to BAD POOL HEADER INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL So I did the following none of which solved the problem - I updated all my drivers and BIOS and removed all USB peripherals I then used the Acer system recovery disk to reinstall Windows Home Premium which did fix the problem but only UNTIL windows updates were applied whereupon Various BSOD after windows update on Acer Aspire M3802 the BSODs started again I have now clean installed a new copy of Win Pro and updated my drivers all USB peripherals still disconnected and applied all Windows Updates It's early days but I have had a couple of BSODs diagnostic zip file attached so clearly there is still an issue I just completed passes of memtest without error Any ideas btw - I have installed a second internal hard drive and I thought that perhaps my w PSU might be struggling under the increased load but the hard drive was installed at least a year before the BSODs began and so far as I can tell the BSODs seem to be related to a Windows update

A:Various BSOD after windows update on Acer Aspire M3802

Welcome aboard.

It is crashed by AVG IDS Application Activity Monitor Driver.

Code:
fffff880`02c6b888 fffff880`03185fe6Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgidsdrivera.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgidsdrivera.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgidsdrivera.sys
avgidsdrivera+0xffe6
Description here: Driver Reference Table - avgidsdrivera.sys

I would suggest you to uninstall AVG.Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download and install those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Some Ntfs errors are also there.

Code:
fffff880`02c6b8b8 fffff880`014bbebd Ntfs!TxfAccessCheck+0x32d
fffff880`02c6b868 fffff880`014b8aa7 Ntfs!NtfsFindInFileRecord+0x1e7
fffff880`02c6b838 fffff880`014b96b0 Ntfs!NtfsReadMftRecord+0x4ec
fffff880`02c6b7c8 fffff880`014bbebd Ntfs!TxfAccessCheck+0x32d
Update your SSD's Firmware (Skip it, if it not a SSD)
Re-seat the sata and power.
Run chkdsk /f/r, following the option two of the tutorial Disk Check
Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate download
Burn it in a blank cd. boot from the CD, click on "Accept", wait for it to finish detecting the drives, then in the upper left corner select "Basic Tests", then select "Long Test" and let it run.
Also, it is claiming to be a memory corruption.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002cdf284, fffff88002c6bd30, 0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80002cdf284, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88002c6bd30, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!SwapContext_PatchXRstor+0
fffff800`02cdf284 0fae29 xrstor [rcx]

CONTEXT: fffff88002c6bd30 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88002c6bd30)
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=fffff88003364180 rcx=fffff88002c6cdc0
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=fffffa8009640640 rdi=fffff8800336efc0
rip=fffff80002cdf284 rsp=fffff88002c6c710 rbp=fffff88002c6cd70
r8=fffffa8008c92bb8 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffffffffffffb
r11=00000000000f0000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=fffffa8008c92b30 r15=fffff88003368f40
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010202
nt!SwapContext_PatchXRstor:
fffff800`02cdf284 0fae29 xrstor [rcx]
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff80002cdf284

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02c6... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267613-various-bsod-after-windows-update-acer-aspire-m3802.html
Relevancy 110.08%

A very good day to you All Acer Aspire ZC-105 19.5" Non Touch AMD-E1-25004GB 500GB DVDRW Windows 8.1 All In One I have taken Microsoft?s Windows 10 update (I did inquire about this with Acer in February 2015 with no reply). There is an issue with making a Restart you can see videos of this on my Microsoft One Drive account. I checked the Acer info and the first thing found is that this model is not listed as compatible for the Windows 10 upgrade (they haven't produced and test drivers for the computer). Which potentially means I need to put up with the issue until Acer produces the drivers; if that is the issue?  Wondering if this is a BIOS issue; I am sure this is not an isolated case. I need professional help here; thank you in advance for your kind support, Michael. 

A:Restart issue Windows 10 update to Acer Aspire ZC-...

it's better if you set to public the video, without the need to login to a microsoft account.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Restart-issue-Windows-10-update-to-Acer-Aspire-ZC-105/td-p/407164/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 110.08%

After trying to update my vista from my regular user acct I'm given a message that I do not have the premium home update windows 64 vista authority to update this is new within the past months After speaking with both HP and MS customer service tech support I was told that I can only update my windows from and Administrator acct login I have never wanted one or needed one since I'm the only person using my laptop and I thought they were full of bull which is usually the case Yes if I logout of my regular user acct and log into the administrator acct no passwords used I can update vista with no problem other than the hassle of doing such I was told I could move everything from my user acct to my admin acct simple suggestion not simple to vista 64 home premium windows update do I laughed a hearty laugh cursed MS under my breath and said goodbye to the tech he said it was very hot in India this time of year Never having used the Admin login acct before I noticed that it was full of all kinds of crap I didn't want and wouldn't use and logout of it as soon as my vista up updated I don't use automatic update because I don't want IE downloaded behind my back It will be interesting to see if others have this problem and even been able to fix it so I can update vista like I used to from my regular acct

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/234858-vista-64-home-premium-windows-update.html
Relevancy 110.08%

For the past couple months I've noticed something odd on my PC. Programs that need updating (Windows, nVidia, MSE, etc.) will not download any updates. I click the update buttons in these programs and it starts the progress bar, but then after a few minutes it says it cannot download any updates. I don't have the firewall on and I don't have any aggressive settings in browsers or Windows. I've ran a couple tools - Microsoft EasyFix, Windows Update Diagnostic - but still the problem persists.

I've never had any issues getting updates with my programs before so I'm curious what the issue could be. I thought I would ask the WinExperts here about this, because you guys have always been very helpful in the past with my other PC issues.

Just let me know what you need me to do. Thanks!

A:Windows 7 Home Premium: Please help...Programs Will Not Update

Hi Flash,
sounds like Malware.
Please D/L run
Malwarebytes free, uncheck the trial and in dashboard settings check rootkits.
then run Eset on-line (dissable any other AV)

report findings

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400929-windows-7-home-premium-please-help-programs-will-not-update.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi,

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and I have been having problems updating my Windows. Every time I shut down, Windows would spend 15 minutes or so trying to update only to have it fail. I have followed the instructions on the posting guideline and have attached the relevant data below. Please let me know if you need any more specs or data. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me. I would appreciate it a bunch!

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Update Failure

Your CheckSUR shows the following problems...

Code:
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2719177~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2719177~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~9.4.1.0.cat
The CBS.log showing the following problem

Code:
Line 99001: 2013-02-09 21:22:13, Info CSI 00000198 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
Line 99004: 2013-02-09 21:22:19, Info CSI 0000019a [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"wbemcons.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Consumers, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 99007: 2013-02-09 21:22:21, Info CSI 0000019c [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"wbemcons.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-WMI-Consumers, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
Line 99008: 2013-02-09 21:22:21, Info CSI 0000019d [SR] This component was referenced by [l:202{101}]"Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.WindowsFoundationDelivery"
Line 99013: 2013-02-09 21:22:21, Info CSI 000001a0 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:56{28}]"\??\C:\windows\System32\wbem"\[l:24{12}]"wbemcons.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
Line 99021: 2013-02-09 21:22:22, Info CSI 000001a2 [SR] Verify complete
I'll produce fix protocols for them a bit later.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/277856-windows-7-home-premium-update-failure.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hey guys,

I got the next problem on a computer.
Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 does not update.
It gives the error 8007002.
It has not been updated for about a year now, and I really can't find a solution anywhere on Google for this.
Nothing I found worked at all..

Please help me out..
Tell me what you need and I post it as quick as I can.

A:Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 Does not update

Windows Update error 80070002

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-home-premium-sp1-does-not-update-582242.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi everyone For the past couple months I've noticed something odd on my PC Programs that need updating Windows nVidia MSE etc will not download any updates I click the update buttons in these programs and it starts the progress bar but then after a few minutes it says it cannot download any updates I don't have the firewall on and I Windows Will Update Premium: Home help...Programs 7 Not Please don't have any aggressive settings in browsers or Windows I've ran a couple tools - Windows 7 Home Premium: Please help...Programs Will Not Update Microsoft EasyFix Windows Update Diagnostic - but still the problem persists I've never had any issues getting updates with my programs before so I'm curious what the issue could be I thought I would ask the WinExperts here about this because you guys have always been very helpful in the past with my other PC issues I started a thread in the Win Help Forums Windows Home Premium Please help Programs Will Not Update but some of the users suggested I come here You can check out that thread for more information and to see what progress has been made so far This problem just gets stranger every day so any advice suggestions would be appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 Home Premium: Please help...Programs Will Not Update

Hi,
You might fill in your system spec's page and add which security you ever had on this machine and how long you've had MSE as security.

Can you download and install NVidia drivers and install it manually ?
Latest NVIDIA ForceWare Video Drivers Windows 7

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Have you verified these updates are installed ?
Windows Update will not update and I've tried multiple fixes

Have you tried clean boot ?
Use Clean boot,
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Click Start and type in the search box,
msconfig
Click on the suggestion on top or hit the Enter key,
Go to the Startup section and take some screen shots for a complete list,
Go to the Services section and on the bottom left Check the box to Hide All Microsoft services,
Repeat the screen shots,
See the links above my signature on how to take and upload screen shots here,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/401087-windows-7-home-premium-please-help-programs-will-not-update.html
Relevancy 110.08%

Hello I have a Acer with Windows Home Premium installed I recently took it in to have it fixed because it was running slow while it was getting fixed a new SSD was installed along with the OS I brought it home and got it hooked up to my monitor and everything was fine Home Update 7 Premium Windows Failure and dandy I turned it on without problems then when I went to shut it off later in the night it said something to the effect of Windows 7 Home Premium Update Failure quot Windows is installing updates Do Not Turn off Your Computer quot nbsp hours later It shuts off Then in the morning I go to turn it on and it says quot Failure to Configure Windows Updates Reverting Changes Do not Turn Off your Computer quot This has been happening for three days now It has installed and reverted the Changes times to no avail Any Ideas of what happened would be greatly appreciated Thank you Windows 7 Home Premium Update Failure P S I don't want to take it in to the same person because I was greatly overcharged

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/51b3fc55-cc9d-4881-8d62-d93708745fad/windows-7-home-premium-update-failure?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 109.22%

I'm wondering if I should get the BIOS update from Acer for my laptop.
I've been having some audio stutter issues that seem to be fixed by disabling the LAN from 'device manager' (a pretty common problem and solution, apparently).

I just wonder if getting a BIOS update will make my computer more stable, because I don't want to have to keep disabling my LAN just to stop audio stutter and, in some cases, spikes in the CPU usage.
Is it safe to update my BIOS? Would I need to back-up any data before I do it?

A:BIOS Update for Acer Aspire 7720 running windows 7

Crazyedd, BIOS updates usually list info on what the update fixes. If it states that it can fix your audio issue then you should do it. If not, update your complete specs, using the link under my sig, and post in the sound and audio thread and a member will help you. Also make sure your drivers are up to date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/285496-bios-update-acer-aspire-7720-running-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi I'm having issues in running windows update in my home premium bit I recently changed my hard disk it premium Windows working 64bit not Update Home in got crashed Installed win and activated Windows Update not working in Home premium 64bit windows using the key I ran the update and installed many updated till yesterday From today I'm facing the issues I installed a few driver related to my laptop Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - Q Q -R G -D W Windows Product Key Hash MJQwtHCP unNgqbCX QqdgIUq Windows Product ID -OEM- Windows Update not working in Home premium 64bit - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID E E - BB- - CF -A F ED Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr Windows Update not working in Home premium 64bit x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Enterprise - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppobjs dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppwinob dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slc dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system slcext dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppuinotify dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system slui exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system sppcomapi dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppcommdlg dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system sppsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spsys sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system drivers spldr sys Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E E - BB- - CF -A F ED lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -D W lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Sony Corporation lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt VPCEB FX lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt R Y lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt BFBB FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt India Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt Sony lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt VAIO lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData... Read more

A:Windows Update not working in Home premium 64bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/292306-windows-update-not-working-home-premium-64bit.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello,

I have the same issue as this gentleman here Windows update fails error 80070490

Vista x86 SP2 Home premium ACER ASPIRE licencse with no CD (Tried OEM CD but only option was to reinstall windowsOS)
Error 80070490 (Windows Update)
I have tried the Microsoft Fix it tool with no success
I have tried reset the update components with no success
Update Readiness tool results successfull.

Please help
Much appreciated,

A:Windows Vista x82 Home Premium Update Fail

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions - Windows 7 Help Forums - they were written for Win7, but are identical for Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/299864-windows-vista-x82-home-premium-update-fail.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi!

I installed a windows update around the 20th, and it has been causing problems ever since. I've had to run every program as administrator ever since, and even that doesn't fix all of it.

It seems to be causing some sort of connectivity issues for the launcher of League of Legends and EVE. Skype won't start normally either, and I have to go through a compatibility fix before it runs. And I have to do it every time.

I also can't revert my Windows to the day before the update, because by default settings, I can only restore it to within something ridiculous like 2 days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Recent Windows Update Trouble - Home Premium

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Check this link for help from Microsoft Support.

Support for Microsoft Update technical problems - troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/199340-recent-windows-update-trouble-home-premium.html
Relevancy 108.79%

My Windows Update and Windows Defender are no longer working. I cannot get updates automatically or manually. This problen began in June so I am concerned. I have tried many of the solutions offered,but to no avail. The "Windows Update Troubleshooter"
offered by microsoft does not work either; I get an error message,something about a CAB file. I would appreciate any help offered towards solving this issue. Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d851b43a-3bb9-4ca7-ab23-344201906b74/windows-update-not-working-vista-home-premium-32-bit?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 108.79%

AS I said in the title, I am having problems installing windows updates. I have reformatted 3 times and get the same errors at the same spot. I ran SURT and then tried to update, but it still didn't work. Here are the files I believe you need to help me. Thank you.

A:Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Unable to run windows update SP1

I finally got SP1 installed, but still having errors in the windows update screens (Also BSOD's now) Here's an updated CBS and SS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/326440-win-7-home-premium-64bit-unable-run-windows-update-sp1.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Tried up dating Vista numerous occasions over the last few months but to no avail I now have a little time to address this issue The windows update Vista working SP2 Premium Windows in Home not update status in services is always starting never gets to started I have run the Fix It and Windows update not working in Vista Home Premium SP2 no detrimental results shown I have run Farbar and below are the results Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by James administrator on - - at Running from C Users James AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE EQ UYS Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Windows update not working in Vista Home Premium SP2 Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Security Center Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of wuauserv service is OK The ImagePath of wuauserv service is OK The ServiceDll of wuauserv C Windows system wuaueng dll Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is Windows update not working in Vista Home Premium SP2 not running Checking service configuration The start type of WinDefend service is OK The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services File Check C Windows System nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows System dhcpcsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation ED CE ACDAABBF E C A C Windows System drivers afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C F CE AD C EB E C Windows System drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows System Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation BED ED A DF FA EAB D C Windows System dnsrslvr dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation F B A DF D FD BB B C Windows System mpssvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation E BAF BA A AE C C C Windows System bfe dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FFB C FFA EAD B FBDE C Windows System drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows System SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows System vssvc exe - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation B DAD BFD BF F A E BFF E C Windows System wscsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation EA E D EF A C B A B A C Windows System wbem WMIsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D E ED BD D DB C A C Windows System wuaueng dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FB FE F BDC A F A F D C Windows System qmgr dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D F CC C FD AD C C Windows System es dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation E F B F DECE CD EC B AF C Windows System cryptsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation E F CDE D CA D DCF C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit C Windows System iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows System svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows System rpcss dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CF B A A E DC A D C E CF EF End of log Also run mini tool box and below are those results MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by James administrator on - - at Running from C Users James AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE JULECM U Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content localhost localhost www guard com guard com i com www k com k com www hq com hq com com www com com www scan com scan com www gratisproben com gratisproben com www namen ... Read more

A:Windows update not working in Vista Home Premium SP2

Have you tried running Windows Repair (All in one)?  you can find it under the download tab at the home page

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504220/windows-update-not-working-in-vista-home-premium-sp2/
Relevancy 108.79%

hello forumers and happy new year by the way.

i recenctly purchased a new laptop,the os is windows 7 home premium
last night when i tried to close the laptop it automaticly started to do the updates,
well from last night that is like 11hours its still saying installing update 2 from 6...
and i still got another 4updates!!!..whats happpening,how long will it take to install everything,i need the laptop for my school!

please help if possible.

best regards.

A:major update problem on OS windows 7 home premium

What's your internet? Dialup? Broadband? Speed? Who is your ISP? Have you gone over your quota?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/206407-major-update-problem-os-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 108.79%

I formatted the HD and reinstalled windows. everything seems much faster. but windows update is SO slow ... still.

I have 52 updates to install, most under 3mb in size... I have high speed internet, my download speed is 26mbps...

so, why does it take windows update so long to do something?

any ideas how or if I can fix this?

A:why is windows update so slow on vista home premium?

WU does a cansiderable amount of work, even when downloading - have you ever watched the Network traffic and processor usage at the time? If you have a slow processor (or it's busy doing other things) it will slow the process down. WU is also set as a low priority on download - so if there is any other traffic on your PC, it will take priority.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/296439-why-windows-update-so-slow-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 108.79%

My Windows Update and Windows Defender are no longer working. I cannot get updates automatically or manually. This problen began in June so I am concerned. I have tried many of the solutions offered,but to no avail. The "Windows Update Troubleshooter"
offered by microsoft does not work either; I get an error message,something about a CAB file. I would appreciate any help offered towards solving this issue. Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d851b43a-3bb9-4ca7-ab23-344201906b74/windows-update-not-working-vista-home-premium-32-bit?forum=itprovistaannouncements
Relevancy 108.79%

It is currently stuck at 57 of 88 do I just waiT? It has been stuck for atleast 3hrs already

It is also on update shut down help please thanks

Specs
Windows 7 Home Premium x 64
Blu/Ray Dvd Writer
Intel i5-45670K
Asus- Z87A
8GB Ram
Corsair H55 Cooling
120 SSD
500 HDD
625 PS

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 1st Update

Yeyo mate go do a system restore after making note of that update and then check the updates to load and hide that particular one for the time being.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/301363-windows-7-home-premium-service-pack-1-1st-update.html
Relevancy 108.79%

Here are the error details hope someone can help me with this
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)

Installation date: ‎11/‎26/‎2009 3:01 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 643

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=127769

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

A:Erreor with windows update vista home premium 32-bit

When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (23 Oct-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

=====================

Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework versions are currently installed:

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in...

When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, or 3.5, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows Installer error code "1603" (ignore the title, if need be)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

After running the appropriate/needed tool, (re)install all .NET Framework versions (but only the ones you wrote down in #1 above) manually using the download links on the page then run Windows Update manually to install security updates for same.

NB: If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 using the tool, reinstalling .NET Framework 3.5 will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2; then Windows Update will offer .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

IMPORTANT! => If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, reinstall your .NET Framework versions in the following order:

1. .Net Framework 3.5, then...
2. .Net Framework 1.1, then...
3. .Net Framework 1.1 SP1

NB: KB923100 references this page: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx. Please read ALL of it as well as the related page http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx before using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool.

Step #3 => Check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security updates offered.
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for MicrosoftClick to expand...

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-SG/vistawu/thread/b3b53121-0d5c-4796-baf1-5b2f8a105067

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/erreor-with-windows-update-vista-home-premium-32-bit.880751/
Relevancy 107.93%

My computer that had been running the Microsoft Windows Vista in Become Windows Unusable 2016, January Gradually Home - "Windows During Has Microsoft Premium... Period August Update" the Vista Home Premium since early had become an appliance nbsp It worked every time it was turned on and it handled every network transaction that came through my DSL line nbsp I had set the quot Windows Update quot program to check for updates periodically every month "Windows Update" Has Become Unusable Gradually During the Period January - August 2016, in Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium... or so and then to inform me when ever any update was available nbsp I could tell when the quot Windows Update quot program had been checking for updates as the CPU usage went up to percent with the used memory amount quot sawtoothed quot up and down for about to minutes nbsp nbsp The quot Windows Update quot then would tell me about the available updates and it would ask whether it should load any of those nbsp This nbsp worked until about January nbsp At that time the quot Windows Update quot CPU usage would stay at percent for more than an hour nbsp After that it gradually got worse nbsp Around June it held the CPU at percent usage for about hours nbsp In August the CPU is held at percent usage by the quot Windows Update quot for more than hours with no end in sight nbsp "Windows Update" Has Become Unusable Gradually During the Period January - August 2016, in Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium... It did find some updates to load but it would not load them as the CPU had no time to do that nbsp quot Windows Update quot is currently holding the CPU at percent load nbsp this every time the machine is booted up until all of the updates are loaded and it can not do this as the CPU load prevents the updates from loading in and from installing nbsp It is in an essentially quot infinite loop quot doing probably utterly nothing other than holding the CPU up at percent usage nbsp I have noted that it starts to hold the CPU up in about to minutes after a reboot The only quot quick quot solution to the problem at this time is to tell the quot Windows Update quot never to check for updates and reboot the machine nbsp nbsp That freed the CPU from the burden nbsp I am looking into the cause of this as time permits and I will post what I have found out -- Yekta

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c81d5d50-6998-410a-9251-110bcd47d312/quotwindows-updatequot-has-become-unusable-gradually-during-the-period-january-august-2016-in?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 107.5%

HP Pavillion a a Vista Home Premium bit Intel Core TM CPU to months ago I found I could not download and run most Windows updates At one point I did upgrade to IE but I returned to IE Now my main motivation is to once again upgrade to IE which I cannot do The download stops about halfway thru process When the situation is / Vista Premium Home Windows bit / 32 IE9 Cannot update IE8 to Fail Updates from at it's worst I attempt to download updates and receive codes such as and c Some succeed and some do not When I reboot the quot successful quot updates are attempted then stopped and backed out The reboot procees will Windows Updates Fail / Cannot update from IE8 to IE9 / Vista Home Premium 32 bit quot cycle quot I have to use HP rescue quot F Windows Updates Fail / Cannot update from IE8 to IE9 / Vista Home Premium 32 bit quot and system restore I have tried every suggestion Some processes I was unable to preform for example command prompt DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Scanhealth quot not recognized quot Here is what I have tried Command Prompt net stop wuauserv net stop bits net stop cryptsvc ren systemroot System Catroot Catroot old I was not able to copy the Windows Updates Fail / Cannot update from IE8 to IE9 / Vista Home Premium 32 bit text provided and save as WindowsUpdate BAT CHECKDISK SFC SCAN AND ChEKSUR Rename the Pending xml file quot cannot find quot Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder System Update Readiness Tool FIXIT Delete incorrect Registry values PendingXml Identifier NextQueueEntryIndex AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving Register the Windows Update Files I will check but I believe I am only using Windows Vista security measures If I have added active protection I need to see that certain files are not scanned In the directory windir SoftwareDistribution Exclude Edb log Res log Res log Edb chk Tmp edb Clear the BITS queue of any current jobs Download and manually install the update Clean BOOT and attempt update I currently have updates that will not take including my attempt to download IE Cummulative security IE Security update Net framework Update for Vista Update XML Core Video card driver update Thank you for your assistance John in Florida

A:Windows Updates Fail / Cannot update from IE8 to IE9 / Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Hi John, welcome to VistaForums!

Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy week for me.

Let's see what's up here:

Export CBS folder
Click the Start button then click Computer. Double-click on the C: drive, under the Hard Disk Drives category, and then scroll down to, and double click on the Windows folder. Find and double click on the Logs folder. Right-click on the CBS folder, and select Copy. Go back to your Desktop, right-click on it, and select Paste. You should now see a copy of the CBS folder appear on your Desktop called CBS. Right-click on this new folder, and navigate through Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder. A new file, also called CBS (CBS.zip), but this time with a different icon, will be created.

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/300501-windows-updates-fail-cannot-update-ie8-ie9-vista-home-premium-32-bit.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi

After installing the update and rebooting everything worked fine. But when I shut down the laptop and switched it on again, it came up with a blue screen with a Stop 0x50 in Win32k.sys. I could not even boot into safe mode as Windows failed to start no matter which mode chosen.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

iTeamSupport

A:Blue Screen after applying update to Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Hi iTeamSupport,

Is this computer a desktop or a laptop? Turn on the laptop once again and tap "F8" to bring up the safe mode menu once more. Then, instead of choosing safe mode, choose "Last Known Good Configurations". See if this get's your computer boot at least.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-screen-after-applying-update-to-windows-7-home-premium-64-a-888866.html
Relevancy 107.5%

My university requires all student laptops to run a little application that makes some changes in the registry to allow access to the campus' network.

After running the application, I noticed that it also made changes to group policy settings for Windows Update. I can no longer choose how I want Windows Update to work, since it has automatically selected the recommended setting and has greyed out the rest. Right at the top it tells me that these settings are managed by my system administrator, which is supposed to be me.

My question is how do I go about editing group policy for Windows Update using RegEdit? I would like to restore my access to the update settings.

A:editing home premium group policy (for windows update)

To access the Group Policy management open "Run..." (Start+R) and type "gpedit.msc". That gives you the Group Policy management.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/editing-home-premium-group-policy-for-windows-update.881405/
Relevancy 107.5%

So I am always quick to apply updates and patches just because I like to keep on top of things and identify issues that may be associated with all the havoc associated with constantly changing the computer configuration that at one point worked perfectly fine The latest Windows Premium browsing on more a the Windows No Internet!!! Came IE8 - Home Update as Vista Update found it necessary to upgrade my browser to the newly released IE Of course I went along with the attempt and the update processed the computer was rebooted to lock in the configs and all was grand Back onto the logon screen into Vista and IE wants to configurate itselt so I go along with the program IE completes it's dance and I close the IE8 Came as a Windows Update on Vista Home Premium - No more browsing the Internet!!! browser and reopen to make sure the configs are locked in IE Drop down the url list and select the old standby Google to make a simple browse minutes pass as the browser apparently tries to do something anything Finally after what seems like forever the standard 'Web page not found' error message Strange Google is always up no matter what how could that be All the other Internet hooked entities are humming along just fine the widgets on the desktop update their status news articles temps and other fine things The Virtual PC that is XP Pro running on the box can surf the web just fine no problems going to google or anywhere else Back to the Vista box IE browser to attempt another google shot nothing same thing over and over and over into tools same as it ever was nothings changed Off with the firewall still nothing connection setup internet is seen and is fine This IE thing is really really secure now i guess as I can't browse anywhere to download anything and obtain an infection knowingly or not Very secure I just hope this wasn't a feature and I can't help but think that if this is happening to others and the masses how fast IE will become the wee one in the browser bunch versus just a few years ago holding the lions share of the market Very sad that I have to be protected from the Internet in such a way that I can't even use the browser that is running on my computer Sad very sad Anybody have any clues why this could be happening I work in software engineering for a firm and really don't want to be messing about with something that should WORK all the time without fail and upgrade gracefully and still work I don't have time to debug Microsoft's bug in this update process nor do I want to Step up to the plate Microsoft and get this fixed so I don't have to spend a day and a half putzing around with browser config registry settings and other miscellaneous banter enough Sadly Dodge

A:IE8 Came as a Windows Update on Vista Home Premium - No more browsing the Internet!!!

My sister told me to try uninstalling IE 8.

I researched several sites,and tried to remove IE 8.

Now you can't just uninstall it through Control panel,you need a nifty little help tool i found on microsoft's site.

Uninstall IE 8

Worked like a charm and reverted IE 8 back to IE 7! yay!

All browsers are working fine now :)

Now,it is a simple matter to go to the windows update site and disable automatic download and install.
When you click on CUSTOM install,you can checkmark "Don't show me this again" (meaning IE 8 Download)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-came-as-a-windows-update-on-vista-home-premium-no-more-browsing-the-internet-375743.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Hi,

I tried a lot of things trying to resolve this issue but nothing worked.
I finally follow the procedure described on this forum, in the hope someone here can help.

I activated the Administrateur account (my system is in French) and ran the CheckSUR and Windows Update from this account as otherwise I can't access the CBS log file.
I joined the requested files,
Thank you by advance.
Alain

A:Windows 7/64 Home Premium Update errors 9C59 & 800736B3

Your SFC scan was clear - but the background CBS data shows some severe problems.
PLease run the CheckSUR tool, and post the results...

Please download and save the CheckSUR tool from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821
(you'll need to look in the details for Windows 7, downloading from the Microsoft Download Center)

Run it - The tool can take anywhere from 5 mins to a couple of hours to run (or 'Install') depending on how much it has to do, and may exit silently - it may appear to freeze for most of that time, but be patient.
The result is logged in the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log file - and an archive …\checksur.persist.log file

Then zip the CheckSUR.log and upload it to your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/367124-windows-7-64-home-premium-update-errors-9c59-800736b3.html
Relevancy 107.5%

Newbie here, so please be patient.

A few days ago I saw I had 11 updates ready to be installed. 3 of them were successful 7 were not. The unsuccessful were Office 2007:
KB946974 (Excel)
KB946691 (Office)
KB947801 (Office)
KB950378 (Office)
KB951808 (Office)
KB950114 (Publisher)
KB950113 (Word)

I received an error: Error details: Code 57A.

I tried multiple times to install, all with the same error. I did try downloading the update to my desktop, and install with the option "run as administrator...no luck.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. Anyone offer assistance?

Thanks

A:Windows Vista Home Premium - Install Update Problems

What does say the msi.... log file in the temp folder?
If the problems comes from a reg key, take ownership of the reg tree.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/153912-windows-vista-home-premium-install-update-problems.html
Relevancy 107.5%

I was getting 800705F errors for one update for two weeks. After reading several posts I found the most straight forward resolution would be to do a Repair Install. I now have 26 updates that will not install

SFC Scan found nothing, Ran Windows 7 SURT. I need help.

KB2685811 error code 800F0826
KB2685813 error code 8007054F
KB2864202 error code 8007054F
KB2868626 error code 800F0826
KB2871997 error code 8007054F
KB2872339 error code 800F0826
KB2875783 error code 800F0826
KB2876284 error code 800F0826
KB2876331 error code 800F0826
KB2884256 error code 800F0826
KB2887069 error code 800F0826
KB2892074 error code 800F0826
KB2893294 error code 800F0826
KB2909210 error code 800F0826
KB2918077 error code 800F0826
KB2919469 error code 800F0826
KB2922229 error code 800F0826
KB2926765 error code 800F0826
KB2928562 error code 800F0826
KB2929733 error code 800F0902
KB2929961 error code 800F0826
KB2930275 error code 800F0826
KB2939576 error code 800F0826
KB2957189 error code 800F0826
KB2957503 error code 800F0826
KB2957509 error code 800F0826

A:Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 Update Errors 800F0826 & 8007054F

I zipped my CBS folder but it's 40+MB and fails to post.

I've attached the CBS.log file - zipped.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/335534-windows-7-home-premium-sp1-update-errors-800f0826-8007054f.html
Relevancy 106.64%

Hi all

Done a fresh install of Vista Home Premium SP2 on an old Sony Vaio laptop.  After activation I just can't get Windows Update to download anything apart from the latest Windows Update Client There's no error message, just "checking for updates" constantly.   It's been running for over 24 hours now with no progress.

Considering this is a fresh install - any ideas?

Cheers!

A:Windows Update not working on fresh Vista Home Premium install

UPDATE

For anyone that's interested the updates have now arrived after almost three full days of checking for updates.  It appears my new ISP gives piss poor connection speeds.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610254/windows-update-not-working-on-fresh-vista-home-premium-install/
Relevancy 106.64%

After my computer completed its Windows 7 updates both my CD and Blu Ray drives disappeared. I have followed all of the steps to locate the drives. I have gone to the device manager, uninstalled both drives and then rebooted. I attempted to scan for hardware changes and nothing worked. I also used the HP recovery manager and the software cannot be located. I attempted to use the restor point, but too many changes occured afterwards and it won't install.

I have the ATAPIBD O DH4035 ATA Device and HP DVD-RAM GH401 ATA Device.

Other than reinstalling my software how do I fix this to problem. I have two CD DVD on my computer and I cannot use either drive. All I can do at this point is plug in an external DVD drive. but I should not have to do this.

A:HP Elite e9237c Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit CD/DVD drives disappeared after update

hi,uninstall both drives from device manager and then SHUTDOWN (not reboot) your Pc,open the up your Pc and disconnect the cd/dvd drives and start up your pc.when fully booted into windows shutdown reconnect the drives and restart the PC hopefully it will detect and install the drivers,one other thing to check is if they are showing in BIOS

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-elite-e9237c-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-cd-dvd-drives-disappeared-after-update.1120107/
Relevancy 106.64%

Clean install windows home premium will not update after service pack 1

Tried the current ISO that includes sp1 tried the Microsoft update repair tool it fixed some errors but could not fix 0x80070057

Formatted again and used a Microsoft disk without sp1 put the updates on all fine till sp1 then no updates.
Removed sp1 update working again found optional updates and sp1
Installed sp1 again then no updates

A:Clean install windows home premium will not update after service pack

Forgot to say it's the 64bit version the problem dose not occur on the 32bit version

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375706-clean-install-windows-home-premium-will-not-update-after-service-pack.html
Relevancy 105.35%

Dear all,

i am newbie to this forum.i came to know about this site from my friend.
i was looking for a solution for my issue for past 3-4 months for the solution of Installation Problem of MS Office 2007 SP1 Update on Windows Vista Home Premium.

please find attached file of windowsupdate.log for the error report.

advance thanks to all.

Regards,
Bharath

A:Installation Problem of MS Office 2007 SP1 Update on Windows Vista Home Premium

I would say that the simple solution is probably to do a repair install of Office 2007. There is, however a KB that addresses this problem for Office 2003, which may apply to 2007: How to troubleshoot common Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server Update Services installation issues

Hopefully that helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/143194-installation-problem-ms-office-2007-sp1-update-windows-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 104.06%

Hi All,

Well I just formatted and re-imaged my WDC Black Cavier 1tb HDD and all was going good updating security updates. Then for some reason i get and 0x80070005 restarting my system from a security update install. Have tried System Restore & System Repair. Checked services settngs tried to start windows update but gave me same error. I was able to access windows update but it took 3 to 4 minutes and when it did there was a X by the windows update header and it was RED. Could not view update history. Any help on this is appreciated

A:Windows Update Installer error 0x80070005

Hello all well I can see that no one here either wants to or cannot help me with this error as I have not gotten a reply back. I thought I would be able to get this error resolved. I have read the other threads on this issue and tried some fixes but none have worked. Please help me with the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377307-windows-update-installer-error-0x80070005.html
Relevancy 104.06%

Hi. having problems getting windows update to work. Tried one of the msu hotfix's but it didn't help. Not really looking forward to a reinstall.

A:800F081F Error Windows update installer x64

The CBS log is filled with error sequences like this...

Code:
Line 1490: 2015-03-28 10:45:25, Error CBS Exec: Failed to pre-stage package: WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-AdmComp~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~pt-PT~7.6.7600.320, file: wuaueng.dll.mui, source: \\?\C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..ient-core.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.256_zh-cn_8aefebe76d4c7c4f\wuaueng.dll.mui, sandbox: (null) [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
Line 1494: 2015-03-28 10:45:25, Error CBS Failed to pre- stage package: WUClient-SelfUpdate-Core-TopLevel~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~7.6.7600.320 [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
Line 1497: 2015-03-28 10:45:25, Error CBS Failed to process single phase execution. [HRESULT = 0x800f081f - CBS_E_SOURCE_MISSING]
Unfortunately, this type of error has proved almost impossible to solve in the past - by far the quickest solution is a repair install or the OS, if you have the proper media available.
See the tutorial here.
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375503-800f081f-error-windows-update-installer-x64.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello,

I am a PC Tech that work on multiple computers daily. A few months ago I was looking for an offline/standalone update for 8.1. As many have found out it was not available anywhere except the Windows Store.

I now have an offline/standalone copy of the Windows 8.1 update and I would love to share it with everyone. I come here often and always find the answers I need and I finally have a chance to give back to the community. It is a little over 6GB and fits on Dual Layer DVD. The reason it is so large is because it it for x64, x86, & ARM all on one disc. It has a small batch file that auto-detects your processor type and installs the required files for the 8.1 update.

What I am looking for is the best part of the forum to share this in, and the best place to host such a large file from.

Thanks!

A:Windows 8.1 Offline / Standalone update Available

Hello Curtis, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Thank you for your offer, but it would be illegal to do so since distributing the update file like that would violate Microsoft's copyright and EULA.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...1-preview.html

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/42426-windows-8-1-offline-standalone-update-available.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello!

I've never really had an issue with an update, that is until the KB3004394 issue. During that time, I fought with my system quite hard and eventually uninstalled that update. However, I appear to have damaged something else in the process, as I am now unable to install certain windows updates.

Updates that will not install:
KB2506143 fails with 800B0100
KB3013126 fails with 800B0100
KB3014406 fails with 800B0100

The system update readiness checker does not complain. Windows resource protection spits out: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I zip'd the cab and the txt files separately as together it was over the limit.

Please help!

A:Unable to update windows (even standalone)

Maybe your AV program blocks them

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/357136-unable-update-windows-even-standalone.html
Relevancy 103.2%

RE Windows Update ErrorsI am having issues downloading updates via Windows Updates issue has been present for - weeks with my new laptop Windows -bit The first batch of updates I installed upon first using my computer worked fine but not so this batch I have tried several methods to solve the Windows Update problem to no avail including gt Re-starting the computer gt Microsoft Fix-it gt Fix problems with Windows Update via control panel gt Disabling Re-enabling Windows InstallerAfter going through the & Windows Update Errors Window Installer Error entire process of installing updates i e http i tinypic com g jpg I get the following screen http i tinypic com s bss jpgHere is a list of all the failed updates from update history http i tinypic com oltsm jpgWhen I double click on the individual updates Security updates for Silverlight and Security update for Visual C both say that error relates to error code http i tinypic com edt jpg All Office related updates say that the error relates to error code http i tinypic com kxwcx jpg Looking at the Microsoft Office Updates they all say -bit edition when I have a -bit OS - could this be the cause of that error code How do I get the -bit version RE Windows Installer Error from trying to install programs like Java Evernote etc - anything that requires WI to load up When preparing Windows Installer http i tinypic com hmo jpg it fails to complete the process and gives me the following error message after http i tinypic com yp k v jpgThanks

A:Windows Update Errors & Window Installer Error

Hi jgb99 -I have just been through a severe similar case, that also included Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus.The following steps listed by a M/soft helper fixed my problem and then 4 updates also appeared also.This issue can occur due to one of the following reasons:1. Incorrect System Date and Time settings.2. Incorrect Browser Settings.3. Corruption of Windows Update Components4. Corruption of browser settings or older updatesTo fix MSE installation and General update issues due to the above mentioned causes follow the steps below. Please note down any error messages or notable changes you find as you try the steps. :NOTE:- Before we start with the troubleshooting steps, I would like to inform you that I have added Result for each step. Please make sure that you fill up the results for the respective troubleshooting steps so that we can isolate the issue based on the results. Your co-operation is highly appreciated.Firstly please perform this general step:General step: Remove the other (secondary) security software (running multiple security software simultaneously will decrease the performance of the computer and the programs may conflict with each other)Please open the link http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_start/list-of-anti-malware-program-cleanupuninstall/407bf6da-c05d-4546-8788-0aa4c25a1f91 and remove the other security software using appropriate link and restart the computer.Step 1: Changing System Date and Time Settingsa. Click Start-> run, type Timedate.cpl, and then press Enterb. You will get the Time and Date settings window.c. Please change your system's Date and Time if the system's Date and Time settings on your computer are incorrect.d. Try to update any Definitions. If this does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.Result: Step 2: Synchronize the time with an internet time servera. Follow the sub-steps a and b in step 1b. In the internet Time tab check the option Automatically synchronize with an internet time serverc. In the option for Server enter time.windows.com and update now and Apply and OK.Result: If this does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.Step 3: Reset Windows update componentsRun the fixit from the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 and restart the computer.Result: If this does not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.Step 4: Perform IE OptimizationWhen you perform IE optimization, all temporary internet files, add-ons and customizations are deleted, and you basically start with a fresh version of Internet Explorer.Please copy and paste the link mentioned below in the address bar of the Internet explorer page and hit enter.http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9646978If you are unable to open the link, then please copy and paste the address in address bar.When it prompts please click on Run and follow the on screen instructions.Result: Now let us know if this has in any way solved any of the problems --Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427896/windows-update-errors-window-installer-error/
Relevancy 103.2%

I've had lots of problems with this desktop, and have wiped it twice. I now cannot run some programs, and found it's due to an older version of Java. Was told to get an updated version.

In following instructions, I was frustrated to find I could not remove the Java program that's in my Add/Remove Programs. It's Java 2SE, or some such thing. I get "Windows installer cannot do this, yada, yada, and that it's probably likely due to being in Safe Mode or not having Windows Installer properly installed. Contact System Administrator. Right.

I have downloaded Java 6, also. Tried, that, same result.

I found these forums on a Google search and saw the same result from someone else....and the advice was to remove the old Java first. I can't do that.

So what can I do?

Relevancy 102.77%

I am unable to use WINDOWS UPDATE on my computer w/VISTA PREMIUM OS The
program search for updates then gives me the error message "unable to
update windows " #80073712. Also the dialog box to configure windows
update is blank (empty). CAN anyone help. I am new user I don't know
how to see your response unless you e-mail me? Thanks......

A:Windows Update Error 80073712 Vista Premium

check the very end of this thread for solution
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...e7e9d27076&p=1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-80073712-vista-premium-185943.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi guys first of all sorry for my english i'm from Portugal and i see that in this forum the people maybe can help me So the problem that i have is when i try update my windows to Service Pack in Windows Update I leave trying to Error service pack Premium update 1 7 Windows here a print of what show in my pc Update Error Print And now the CheckSUR Quote Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Error trying update to service pack 1 Windows 7 Premium Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum Line n l hV Error trying update to service pack 1 Windows 7 Premium w amp H n t T Gn O f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS MUM Corrupt Total count CBS Error trying update to service pack 1 Windows 7 Premium Catalog Corrupt Total count Unavailable repair files servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x mum servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat servicing packages Package for KB bf ad e x cat I try what the windows says to do something about download the preparation application but show the same thing Have this a solution Or the only one is format Best Regards from Portugal and keep going this excelent forum

A:Error trying update to service pack 1 Windows 7 Premium

Hello & welcome levezinho,

Generic steps to take before installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

* How to increase your chances of installing Service Pack 1 successfully.
Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

*Clean out all of your App Data> Local>Temp...
Start > Run > %temp% > ok > Organize > Select all.> Organize > Delete > You may be asked to
"Try again" or " Skip"

* Run the SFC /SCANNOW command. This will check and repair if necessary any critical Windows system files.
Click on Start/All programs/Accessories then
Right click on Command Prompt option and select 'Run as administrator'.
At the command prompt enter: SFC /SCANNOW

* Run the System Update Readiness Tool:
Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

* Steps to take before installing Win7 SP1
Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

* Windows 7 - Service Pack 1 ? How to install Step by Step
Further links for you to peruse.

Windows Update error 800B0100

windows 7 service pack 1 kb976932 with error code 0x800B0100 - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/185938-error-trying-update-service-pack-1-windows-7-premium.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Dear friends, please help me with the information as to update the Vista TM home premium operating system in my Acer Extensa 5620Z (laptop) to window 7? I am fed with this Vista......Thank you!

A:How to update vista TM home premium to window 7 in my Acer Extensa?

Welcome to Seven Forums Lincolliu. Here is a complete set of steps. You will need to buy a w7 key to do this.
Upgrade Install with Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305733-how-update-vista-tm-home-premium-window-7-my-acer-extensa.html
Relevancy 101.91%

First let me start by saying I had another error before but then I followed various guides from Google maybe not the wisest place to look I admit but it did lead me to this topic which is how I found this forum Current steps I've taken - Stopping Windows Update service renaming the SoftwareDistribution in C Windows starting Windows Update service again I believe stopped the error from popping but now Windows Update just sits there and Checks for Updates forever - So I've run the WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab which is where I got the error - After many unsuccessful attempts to remove the error using two different methods there came this page which I've used before and may have caused some further breakage I went down the list UNTIL I reached the reset winsocks thing which caused me to restart and such Several dll's either failed to load or had an error similar to quot mshtml dll quot was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer scan Update error Windows 80070005/80080005/never stops was not found quot My list looked somewhat similar to the link's This is where you lot come in I came here ran System Update Readiness Tool completed rather swiftly five minutes-ish then WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab again and I THINK Windows Update error 80070005/80080005/never stops scan it resolved a lot of those DLLs since it came up with more Windows Update error 80070005/80080005/never stops scan errors But I can't be sure But I apologize for the messy formatting here I've been trying to put everything I can here for you guys but it may just have ended up Windows Update error 80070005/80080005/never stops scan as word vomit I just want to be able to use Windows Update and install NET which seems to have a similar issue of just hanging CBS and MGADiag report below Taking whatever diagnostic tools I can to share what's wrong

A:Windows Update error 80070005/80080005/never stops scan

UPDATE: I installed this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810

And suddenly I'm seeing a notification about installation of updates now?! Here's hoping this sticks! I may not have needed you guys, but I'll stick around just in case you guys think I need to clean some stuff up. Wish me luck. Restarting now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402129-windows-update-error-80070005-80080005-never-stops-scan.html
Relevancy 101.91%

I have a Gateway Notebook here which is running Windows 7 Starter. I went to do "check for updates" when i got the error 8008005. I have tried to run FixIt and follow many other instructions from google. I have also tried to delete the SoftwareDistribution folders and stop and restart Windows Update. Any help on fixing this would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384290-gateway-notebook-windows-update-error-80080005-a.html
Relevancy 101.91%

This started happening over a week ago. I did try a repair using the Windows 7 Ultimate-64 bit DVD but the problem remains. When the option to search for updates is pressed a message comes up "Windows could not search for new updates" Error Code 800F080D.
Any help will be most appreciated.

A:Windows 7 update installer fails with error Code 800F080D

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data
If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/335955-windows-7-update-installer-fails-error-code-800f080d.html
Relevancy 101.91%
A:why does acer quick access not work anymore after upgrading to windows 10 anniversary update

Hi First time hearing about this problem. A quick search turned up this link. Might give it a look and report back if it works, so others will benefit from this issue!
Welcome to the forum! Quick Access in Windows 10 is not working

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442085-why-does-acer-quick-access-not-work-anymore-after-upgrading-windows-10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Logs attached. Attempting to update Windows results in attempt to update Windows Update Installer, which fails with Code 80073712. Logs attached.

sfc /scannow reported no problems found.

Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64

Thanks in advance!

- Tim

A:Windows Update Installer Update failing - Code 80073712

CheckSUR shows the following...

Code:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..lient-aux.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_en-us_d5981a6600d138cc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-w..owsupdateclient-aux_31bf3856ad364e35_7.6.7600.320_none_bc07877c65502903.manifest

I'll post a fix protocol soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347061-windows-update-installer-update-failing-code-80073712-a.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi,

I have an error code 80080005 with Windows Update.
My pc is a Dell E-521, Windows Vista ed. fam. premium, 32 bits.
«Fix-it», «Winupdatefix», «Cleanup-tool», «Errorend», «Free Window registry repair«, «CCleaner» and the others solutions of Microsoft (and friends!) are not the good solutions... I tried these!
And my pc is not infected, I checked it.
Thans for your new idea to help me...

A:Error 80080005 in Windows Update (Vista ed. fam. premium 32 bits)

Are there any entries in the event logs related to Windows Update. If there are can you post example details.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516248/error-80080005-in-windows-update-vista-ed-fam-premium-32-bits/
Relevancy 101.48%

I have purchased the Gibson Learn and Master Guitar DVD Course. The Course has 25 DVD's. The problem here is it will play only 3 of the Instructional videos and All (5) of the Play Along DVDs. I spent several hours on the phone with Legacy Learning Tech Support to resolve this issue. We downloaded the AC3 Codec, that didn't work. I have tried downloading and installing Every Update I could find and now tonight downloaded NERO 2015 DVD software. Still will not read the same DVDs. Legacy sent me a New Set of the DVD's, still having the same issue, so it is not the DVD's. Also, The DVD's will Play in my other Laptop that has Windows 8 and also on my Home DVD Player, so the DVD's are good. I would like to view these videos on the Laptop with Windows 7 (The ACER Laptop) if at all possible. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thanks In Advance.

A:Acer Aspire 7741 w/ Windows 7 Premium will not play New DVD's

Please go through the procedure on how to delete the Upper and Lower filter for an Optical Drive:-

How to Delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters Registry Values

Please let us know if this Fixed the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/356395-acer-aspire-7741-w-windows-7-premium-will-not-play-new-dvds.html
Relevancy 101.05%

When I try to install KB3182373, a "Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight", Windows Update reports failure with the message "Code 643 Windows Update encountered an unknown error".
I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab. It reported that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".
What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab3e30fe-b420-45f1-b3b0-9fd7f93fbe5a/windows-update-fails-when-installing-kb3182373-code-643-windows-update-encountered-an-unknown?forum=w7itprogeneral