Windows Support Forum

Two faulty GTX 560 Ti GPUs

Q: Two faulty GTX 560 Ti GPUs

I have two GTX ti GPUs that I need to RMA because they crash when running DX applications at factory speeds these are gigabyte overclocked cards MHz core and the only way to faulty 560 GTX Ti Two GPUs avert the crash is by under-clocking the core I purchased them from two different websites one in March one in June is it necessary to send the Two faulty GTX 560 Ti GPUs correct item to the right retailer i e will they have any way to check serial numbers and things is there any way I could identify which one is which I have them both certain I know which GPU I bought second still has the cover over the DVI port not sure about the packaging though It s a fiddly problem but I feel I need to get to the bottom of it because they probably get a lot of customers cheekily trying to return old broken hardware Both are under warranty and I am fully confident I will be able to exchange them for a replacement refund My brother uses the same GPU and does not experience the same fault I suspect it was an issue with earlier models as he purchased his in september Any advice or ideas nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Two faulty GTX 560 Ti GPUs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Two faulty GTX 560 Ti GPUs

The warranty/RMA will be tied to the serial numbers. White sticker with bar code- which should be between the front GPU heatsink screw and the solder points for the cards VRM. I Think most Gigabyte boards only have two stickers attached- the white serial and a green QC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-faulty-gtx-560-ti-gpus.177912/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 44.29%

lol so ive been debating this for a while.

what GPU do you guys think would be best price to performance?

i cant decide between these 3:

GTX 760
R9 280X
GTX 800 series (860 or so when its released)

so im probs going to be buying a gpu in march or so when some big games are coming out, however, which one should i get? i heard that the 800 series are coming out Q1 of 2014.

gaming at 1080p, i just want as many FPS as i can in all games under $300

A:GPUs.....

Too far away and too many variables (price going up/down, new cards, etc) to make any kind of recommendation. Best thing to do would be to start saving based on the most expensive card you're considering and then ask again when it gets much closer to the time of purchase.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/307910-gpus.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm looking to add two GPUs to my ASUS Z87-A motherboard, and i'm wanting to run two TITIAN Xs on my ASUS Z87-A, is this possible or will i need a new motherboard?

Cheers

A:Two GPUs on my MB

Hi,
I believe your psu might be a little stretched with 2 of them
1 is no problem but with 2 it would be best to have a minimum 1000w
evga 1000 P2 are pretty reasonably priced and very good.

The minimum power supply for a titan x is 600w
EVGA - Product Specs - EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X SC GAMING

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/387818-two-gpus-my-mb.html
Relevancy 44.29%

In my gaming rig I have a GTX 660 but I also own two Radeon HD 7870 cards, now my question is fairly simple would the two Radeon cards win in performance over my GTX card or should stick with only one card?

Plus in a not so far distant future I am planning on buying the LG's 34" UltraWide monitor.

Uh hope the title is good, was a bit unsure what to put there!

/Boris

A:1 GPU vs 2 GPUs

Well the 2 GPUs in theory would be faster then one, however its completely dependent upon the games you play. Sadly Crossfire is far more broken then SLI at this time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/333746-1-gpu-vs-2-gpus.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Ok quick and easy
What exactly does adding more GPUs to a computer do, does it reduce lag and stuff.

What I thought is: If you have a video card, say 9500GT and the game lags on it, does adding another 9500GT(or better) imrove quality? I saw a dude with 3 EVGA GTX 570s so i wanted to ask. SKyrim is coming so i want a buffed up pc for it.

A:Several GPUs?

It depends. There are two options that I know of depending on who you go with: SLI or Crossfire. With an SLI (NVIDIA) setup you won't really notice a huge difference unless you play in really high resolutions and have all the bells and whistles turned on (AA, shaders, etc. etc.) As far as Crossfire (ATI) I don't really know where you see a performance gain as I haven't played around with that setup yet. You're probably better off just putting down more money for a good video card to start with then trying to set up one of those though. If you have any issues with one card or have to upgrade, you have to figure on replacing all the cards at the same time which in the end can be a lot more expensive.

For an SLI system, the cards can run in parallel, or one can be dedicated to graphics and the other to PhysX effects. If you are thinking about going with either though, I'd suggest reading up on both and doing some research. If you're playing on a 17" monitor, neither is really going to be of any benefit. And SLI is capable of running 3 or 4 cards in parallel as well, but you're really talking a lot of money for that. Also keep in mind you need a motherboard that supports the setup and a power supply beefy enough to handle the extra cards. Not to mention the cards generate a lot of heat, so you're talking cooling issues as well.

http://www.slizone.com/page/home.html -- SLI info can be found here and on the NVIDIA forums.
http://game.amd.com/us-en/crossfirex_about.aspx -- Crossfire info can be found here.

As for mine, I have a dual SLI setup and run most of my stuff at 1650 x 1080 with everything maxed. I have been able to play pretty much anything I run on it without any issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/several-gpus.977269/
Relevancy 44.29%
Q: 2 GPUs?

Using my 8400gs, and in everest for example, it shows 2 temps for 2 cards?
or in pcwizard it shows this:

I have onboard disable, even tho i have the nforce chipset drivers install, could that be the cause?

A:2 GPUs?

Your card probably supports 2 monitors via 2 output connectors and that's probably what is being shown. I doubt that the onboard video is what you're seeing there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-gpus.126635/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have inherited a beasty PC with an old Nvidia Quadro FX 4500 graphics card. However it is now over two years old and so can't handle modern functions such as CUDA or PhysX, but is still a high resolution quality card. Can you see a problem with adding a second modern graphics card, such as a Geforce 9 series card to the system, ignoring all this SLI and Crossfire stuff and simply running them as separate cards, using my current card as a display driver and the new Cuda enabled card for GPU processing.

A:Multiple GPUs

You'd want to make the new card the main, primary card otherwise any game will use the Quadro card since you cannot specify which card can be used for what and you can't have one monitor connected to two cards without a switch. And if you don't have a second PCI-Express x16 slot then you can't even do that. Your best bet is to sell the Quadro card and get a new Geforce GTX 200 series card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-gpus.848838/
Relevancy 43.86%

I know that Nvidia allows for the use of two different GPU's such at an 8800GT and a GTX 280 utilizing the better one for graphics while unloading the physX onto the 8800 however my question is in relevance to the technology. Both GPU's mentioned are DX10 so no problems however I currently have a GTX280 and would like to eventually jump up to the GTX480 however the 280 is based off DX10. Will this be a problem when trying to run both on the same platform?

A:Solved: Using two different GPUs

Nope, shouldn't be a problem with Directx versions. Not sure how much benefit you'll have from using two cards rather then the 480 for everything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-using-two-different-gpus.913370/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all

My Problem is.

I got these 2 GPU's Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+OC 512mb & Nvidia Geforce 9800GT 1 Gig.

Both of these cards crash when i play lower ended games like Battlefield 2,CnC red alert 2 ect,after maybe 10-20 mins but when i play higher ended games like gta4 CnC red alert 3 the GPU Plays fine for hours without crashing,the only time it tends to crash on high end games is when i end 1 game and start another.also my computer's have to be rebooted,after witch all is well.

Any help would be greatly Appricated,Thx

My 1st comp specs is

Mobo Asrock Conroe 1333-DVI/H
GPU 9800GTX
CPU Intel dual core 1.6Ghz
PSU 650w
Ram 2gig
HDD 160Gig
OS Xp Pro 64Bit

2nd

Mobo Asus Phenom FX
GPU 9800GT
CPU 2.10Ghz Sempron
PSU 450w
Ram 4Gig Corsair
HDD 250Gig
OS Vista Premium 32Bit

Sorry for bad Spelling/Grammer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-gpus-with-same-problem.124257/
Relevancy 43.86%

As stated in the topic title, is there really any point in buying an overclocked GPU vs a non-oveclocked one? For instance, wouldn't it be the same if I bought a standard Evga GPU and oc'ed it using Evga Precision?

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all I m seriously thinking about well What - New Motherboard? GPUs I m going to buying a new motherboard and get the new card soon-ish Thing is doing this will mean I ll have to change my RAM and maybe even my processor but I really don t want to change my processor I ve currently got an Athlon FX- pin and I don t want to change it just yet because it s still a kickass chip I need to New GPUs - What Motherboard? change my motherboard because it only supports x PCI-E New GPUs - What Motherboard? and you need to have x for the new GPUs Also means changing my RAM which is a pain as I ve got x DDR sticks Would it make much of a difference if I just buy a motherboard which supports x PCI-E socket or are those gonna be dated Do I really need to change my chip What motherboard would be the best for the new GPUs and socket Nforce motherboards only support dual quad chips am I missing out by sticking to a board Any advice would be greatly appriciated Cheers Athlon FX- Asus A N SLI Deluxe GB HD - Maxtor x Geforce GTs x TWIN C PT Audigy ZS nbsp

A:New GPUs - What Motherboard?

My understanding is that even with 8800 you wont push the limit of a 8x PCI-e

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gpus-what-motherboard.63632/
Relevancy 43.86%

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 on some computers is not a simple task, especially if compatibility and support problems exist. According to Microsoft, Windows 7 fails to play nice with machines that have an AMD/ATI Radeon graphics processing unit (GPU) leveraging the embedded DisplayPort (eDP) technology. Customers that attempted to install Windows 7 on such computers found that they were unable to complete the deployment.

?When you install Windows 7 on the computer, a black screen is displayed during the installation process. However, the installation is still running. In this situation, you may be unable to complete the installation. If you have multiple displays, only the primary screen is black when you encounter this issue,? Microsoft explained.

Source -
Windows 7 Black Screens of Death for Some AMD/ATI GPUs - During installation - Softpedia

A:Windows 7 B.S.O.D for Some AMD/ATI GPUs.

i also have this problem.Microsoft have any solutions or fixes for it ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/57923-windows-7-b-s-o-d-some-amd-ati-gpus.html
Relevancy 43.86%

can you run 3 monitors at 1680 by 1050 like eyefinity with 2 4850s?

A:2 GPUs and eyefinity =/

you can with one of these.
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/video/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-gpus-and-eyefinity.145672/
Relevancy 43.86%

Grand Theft Auto for PC The Grand Theft Auto series has been my get? What External should GPUs: I favorite video game franchise since I first played Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Having the ability to take control from over dozens of vehicles from cars to trucks boats choppers planes and so forth in a large area is a kind of game I like Since GTA has been released for PC I've always wanted to get the experience of playing the game straight from my laptop But unfortunately I think my laptop is not good enough for it When I was looking to see what the requirements were for GTA on PC I found that my laptop met all but one requirement a powerful enough GPU Now this isn't the only game that my laptop doesn't meet all requirements GTA 's predecessor GTA also requires a higher end GPU but not as much as needed for GTA Now I have played GTA and the Episodes for Liberty City DLC on my PC and so far the game External GPUs: What should I get? can only work well on minimum graphics settings and even then the game can drop to FPS usually in highly active events or some moments in gameplay but this isn't much of an issue for me However I am a little worried that GTA would have even terrible performance even at minimum settings on my laptop The only little glimpse of hope I could find is upgrading to Windows which includes DirectX but I'm still a little worried Your Responses and Mine Now I told you that I play on a laptop and I know what many of you are thinking quot You shouldn't have bought a laptop in first place anyways you dumb idiot quot I know that maybe a little overdramatic Yes I have been told that External GPUs: What should I get? gaming and portability do not mix and if so would not be pretty affordable However I was not thinking of this back in the summer of The laptop I have was suggested by a Walmart employee who had a similar one of his own and recommended it to me I was looking for a gaming laptop because I started to get into PC gaming earlier in the year After my first laptop blacked out on me because of my snacking habits I wanted to get another one I eventually got one on March of that year but I was unimpressed of its gaming performance When I thought of getting a gaming PC I wanted it to be portable so I can take it anywhere if I go on vacation so therefore I got a laptop I would probably get a more gaming appropriate laptop but the budget we had was limited to less than because of financial burdens Two years later I've been through a lot and I think it's time for a change My Research and Questions When I was told that laptops had limited and expensive options to upgrade its internal hardware I was a little saddened by the truth However after a while I found out something new Laptops and other portable devices can run on external GPUs When I found this out I immediately looked for information about this idea I have found a few sites that gives me the glimpses of hope I needed External Video Card Guide External GPU for laptops Supercharge your graphics - Hardware Hangout - Neowin Forums I went to a PC maintenance shop to talk at the guys there and ask if they have any information about external GPUs there answers were no and suggested on getting an appropriate gaming laptop But I wouldn't accept that as they said that it can cost at least to make one that is recommended for gaming Well if you look at it now and two years ago from my perspective the income hasn't changed much since What're your responses From the information I've gathered I know that external GPUs are the way to go for my situation I've read that they're a cheaper solution that buying a new computer and can work for even the least recommended PCs for gaming business laptops ultrabooks etc My only problem is that I don't know where to start The thing is is that there are various kinds and various ways of setting up one I want to hear you guy's responses on what I should get Now I don't want anything high ended that's more than enough for me but rather som... Read more

A:External GPUs: What should I get?

You're not eligible for a discrete graphics card because it's a laptop, unless you buy one of these: https://www.google.com.ph/?gfe_rd=cr...ssl#q=ViDOCK+4

Or if your laptop supports Dedicated Laptop GPUs, I'd buy one of them (but they're a wee bit expensive)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/375803-external-gpus-what-should-i-get.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Friends issue Hello I bought an asus r x to replace my old Connect d ati radeon My problem is I have two monitors that can be connected via vga only and the x has only one dvi port that can be used with a vga-to-dvi adapter So I have connected - Running Possible? 2 GPUs one monitor but I don't know what to do with the other one As a result I thought I should buy a vga-to-displayport adapter but before doing this I believed I should try to use both of Running 2 GPUs - Possible? them not on crossfire What I am facing now is I have two cards installed on the pc both of them ready to work with their drivers installed but they can't perform at the same time Right now I am using the r x and when I try to install the drivers of the device manager states that r x has a problem so the os disabled it If I install the drivers of r x again same thing happens to the What can I do so they can work together

A:Running 2 GPUs - Possible?

Hi there,

All of the r9-270's I see have 2 DVI ports, why can't a DVI/VGA adapter be used on both?

I may be wrong, but I think two cards have to be setup with Crossfire/SLI to use both.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/320415-running-2-gpus-possible.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi TeCh

I have an issue. My pc is one of those HP small form factor pcs. As you know it is a pain to get a strong GPU in them.(actually pretty much impossible). I've been looking at lp cards. I found one by XFX called the 7300GS-PV:T72G-WANG.Yeah they fit in there but golly are they useless. So here's my two q's....

1. Its a 256mb SUPPORTING 512mb...What does "supporting 512mb" mean?

2. I was thinking... My mobo has a PCI-E 1x slot and a PCI-E 16x. Would i be able to buy two of the cards and run them together?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xfx-low-profile-gpus.636512/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I have a HD 6870 gpu and a 7850 gpu, can I crossfire them ?

A:Crossfire over different GPUS

Hi xerox203 and welcome to W7 Forums

Whilst both cards are capable of utilising crossfire, they cannot do so together. Both cards need to be from the same family series, i.e. 2x 6000 series or 2x 7000 series. Ideally, both cards should be identical. So that means, in your case, 2x 6870 or 2x 7950.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/233575-crossfire-over-different-gpus.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Why is one more than the other?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150521
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150561

A:What is the difference between these two GPUs?

one is the duel fan model the other is the single fan model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-difference-between-these-two-gpus.176447/
Relevancy 43.43%

The GeForce 7900 GS coming to market with an MSRP of $199 and the GeForce 7950 GT which carries an MSRP of $299. With these two GPUs, NVIDIA is providing the market with a direct response to ATI's recently announced and yet currently unavailable Radeon X1900 XT 256MB as well as the currently available Radeon X1800 GTO.

http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=868&cid=2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-launching-two-new-gpus.499070/
Relevancy 43.43%

After a few days of trying everything including reformatting, I think I have tracked down my freezing after login in windows 7 to my 2 GPUs. One of my GPUs was a 7600 GS and the other a GTX 285. When both are in the system it almost always freezes. When only one is in the system it does not freeze. Could this be a BIOS issue? (BIOS Screenshot on this page, 9th BIOS picture)

Of my nine boots with varying configurations here are which ones caused freezing: 0/3 7600 GS, 2/3 Both GPUs, 0/3 GTX 285.

If this is not it, what else could possibly fix this issue? I never had this problem with Windows Vista 32-bit (currently Win7 64)

Anyway, thanks in advance.
My specs are in my specs area (computer icon by my name)

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys,
Me and my friend were talking about GPUs on Skype because I'm upgrading mine in July and he's building one soon. My setup is basically a B75M motherboard with a GTX 770 but my friend thinks that having two GTX 660s will be better, but would also require a Z87 to support the SLI. What is better performance-wise and efficiency-wise?

A:Is it better to have 2 decent GPUs or 1 really good one?

Here is what passmark scores those two cards you mentioned.
GTX 660
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+660
GTX 770
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+770

This is only to give you a basic reference point. Having 2 GTX 660s versus just one 770 in my opinion would be a bad choice mostly because the game has to support SLI and scale well for it to be better than the single 770. On top of that, they would be very close matches in performance as is (SLI 660 vs 1 770) so the choice I would make would be the GTX 770.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-better-to-have-2-decent-gpus-or-1-really-good-one.202165/
Relevancy 43.43%
A:Does a desktop with two GPUs come with a SLI bridge?

If you order the desktop directly from Dell with two or more video cards, the bridge is included.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996691
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey.

My system has both intergrated graphics and a seperate graphics card. I have two monitors. What i'm aiming to do is create 2 copies of windows 7 on my computer and dual boot them.

The new windows 7 that I install would then run off my internal GPU on one monitor while my current one would continue to use my graphics card. So... how would I go about acheiving this? Thanks!

I'm essentially trying to create a multiseat of sorts.

A:Dual boot on different GPUs?

I would imagine you would have one gpu disabled in device manager for one boot and the opposite disabled in the other boot.
Might want to consider a 3rd boot that has both enabled

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-boot-on-different-gpus-519877.html
Relevancy 43.43%

This may be a silly question but here it goes. I have a laptop with a Core i5 with Intel HD graphics 4000. It also has an AMD Radeon HD 7650M. Both appear installed as Display adapters in Device manager / Speccy. DXDIAG shows the device name as being Intel HD graphics 4000 with AMD as the manufacturer. The Catalyst Control Center is installed and when right clicking on it on the tray area, the menu reveals the Intel HD 4000 with a submenu for options.
Are both of these being used simultaneously?
Does your computer decide which one to use based on what you're doing?
Do people ever turn one or the other off for any reason?

A:Multiple GPUs - how do they work?

I have a laptop that has 2 GPU's (1) Intel HD Graphics 4000 (2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M, I'm not too sure how Catalyst Control Center works but with the NVIDIA it is set up to use the Intel graphics first and when needed it will kick in the NVIDIA and turn off the Intel.

On my laptop there is no way to change that either it is part of the NVIDIA drivers.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/308458-multiple-gpus-how-do-they-work.html
Relevancy 43.43%

At a really high level what makes a GPU better at doing certain tasks than a CPU? For example Bitcoin mining and password cracking is better done with video cards and I'm wondering why is there that difference?

A:What is the difference between GPUs and CPUs?

Basically:
CPU : Small number of computation threads being undertaken at high speed (typically 3+GHz).
GPU : Large number of simple computation threads undertaken at a lower speed (typically ~1GHz)

Hashing is a relatively simple computation set and benefits from the higher number of concurrent instances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-difference-between-gpus-and-cpus.192885/
Relevancy 43.43%

I wonder when multi-core GPUs will be out instead of SLI type cards.

A:multi-core GPUs

How about this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...06790717+1067921729&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=48

The GeForce 7950 GX2 line are Dual-GPU graphics cards.
Even though they just stacked two 7900GT's on top of each other...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-core-gpus.66911/
Relevancy 43.43%

Last month my 7970 died. It lasted me three years before it died. It died after I moved my PC out of my room, and still no one has yet to be able to provide an explanation as to why this happened.

Yesterday, my GTX 970 of one month also died. It died when I moved my PC out of my room. I'm sensing that there's some sort of connection here.

Another connection is one VERY hot CPU. It runs at 100 degrees Celsius, and that's just when I'm browsing Firefox. I wasn't aware of this until three days ago and I'm not sure if conditions were the same when I was using my 7970.

So basically my issue is:

-Two GPUs dead within a month
-Both died after I moved my PC out of my room
-Only other possible connection one VERY hot CPU

What the heck is going on?
-

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128444-two-dead-gpus-within-month-very-hot-cpu.html
Relevancy 43.43%

AMD Overdrive shows 1 GPU
Device manager shows 2 GPUs
GPU-Z claims I have 3 GPUs in CrossFire mode
Catalyst Control Center shows 4 GPUs in tray menu
OverDrive5 lists 5 GPUs.

AMD OverDrive says the GPU has frequency 1300 MHz
GPU-Z says I have 1200 MHz
OverDrive 5 says I have 2 GPUs at 0 MHz and 3 GPUs at 1300 MHz.

How to know whether all GPUs are on and what frequency they are?

A:How to know, how many GPUs are working and what's their frequency?

Try going to Device Manager and click on the Display Devices tab then it will show how many GPUs are installed on your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/352378-how-know-how-many-gpus-working-whats-their-frequency.html
Relevancy 43.43%

which one is the best? Radeon 9550SE, GeForce FX5200, Radeon 9550
ANd also is this worth it http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103162. I will use it mainly for its s-video output.

A:video card gpus

I would chose the Geforce FX5200 over the Radeon 9550se should find the fx5200 a little more performance wise in the s-video! that is only my opinion!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-gpus.74803/
Relevancy 43.43%

I currently use three same AOC IPS 24" 1920x1080 screens plugged into one GPU AMD Sapphire R9 280x. It works well on resolution 5940x1080 (incl. bezel compensation). But now, I would like to upgrade my PC with more powerful GPU. I think that 3GPUs for 3 monitors should be the best solution, but in my current case with not the best cooling system and with my current PSU (1200W) is not a good idea. So is it possible to use only two (e.g. both same) GPUs for three (all same) monitors? In other words Are they able to works properly and in balance if physically one GPU will supply one monitor and the other one two monitors?
Many thanks for the advice

A:How to connect three monitors to two GPUs? Please help

A 1200 watt PSU would be fine for 3 GPU`s, but do you need 3 ?

You want to use all the same series GPU`s preferably all made by the same company with the same specs.

You should connect all your monitors to the top GPU.

Unless all 3 PCI Express slots can run all 3 cards at x8 speed, I would only get 2 cards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/373498-how-connect-three-monitors-two-gpus-please-help.html
Relevancy 43%

I just installed another graphics card in my computer to run SLI I changed the motherboard so it runs dual cards I changed the BIOS to recongnize SLI although I could have left it in Auto I even have the latest drivers for Nvidia My motherboard manual says to tick a checkbox in Windows that says Enable Dual-GPUs but in my window that checkbox is no longer there The window doesn t even have the same information as the pictures in the book I m wondering if the later drivers have changed this to be automatic or should there be the checkbox there still My manual shows the window looking like this amp Enable SLI multi-GPU Your graphics card features NVIDIA Scalable Link Interface SLI technology amp Show GPU load balancing Load balancing will be shown in DirectX and OpenGL applications Click to expand But my window just shows this Your graphics card features NVIDIA Scalable Dual-GPUs Enabling Windows in Link Interface SLI technology Add a second graphics card with SLI technology for significant improvments in rendering performance Click to expand nbsp

A:Enabling Dual-GPUs in Windows

The graphic cards must be INDENTICAL.

Same brand, and same model.

Example: BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC 256MB must be with ANOTHER BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC 256MB to use SLI.

Also there is a little clip thing that connected both cards which enables SLI.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enabling-dual-gpus-in-windows.441777/
Relevancy 43%

July 14th, 2008

Posted by Adrian Kingsley-Hughes @ 3:04 am

About four weeks after the release of the GeForce GTX 200 series, NVIDIA has slashed the price of the GTX 260 and 280 GPUs in responce to competition from AMD/ATI.

Here are the details for the price cuts:

GTX 260 - Now: $299/Was: $399GTX 280 - Now: $499/Was: $649

NVIDIA slashes price of GTX 260 and 280 GPUs | Hardware 2.0 | ZDNet.com

A:NVIDIA slashes price of GTX 260 and 280 GPUs

HMMMM...... i see Nvidia's legs tremble at the imminent release of the mighty R700.....

GeForce 9800 GTX+ price reduced $199

http://xtreview.com/index.php

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/167971-nvidia-slashes-price-gtx-260-280-gpus.html
Relevancy 43%

Quote:
For the past week and a half, we've been hearing rumors citing various dates for the launch of AMD's DirectX 11 graphics cards? ranging from GDC in China to newly invented delays that would push the launch window in to November.

However, all of these rumors are false, given that AMD has firmed its "Cinema 3.0/DirectX 11" launch. As tradition goes, the North American launch will happen in seven weeks in San Francisco on a very special place indeed - but we're not at liberty to say where the event will take place. All we can say is that it will be someplace that neither Intel nor nVidia would even remember.

source

these DX11 cards are causing quite a stir, its reported the difference is ''supposed'' to be huge.

shame.......i wont be upgrading for quite some time

A:AMD to launch DX11 GPUs in 7 weeks.

thanks for the info mate...will look fwd to DirectX 11 based GPUs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/18234-amd-launch-dx11-gpus-7-weeks.html
Relevancy 43%

For the past week and a half, we've been hearing rumors citing various dates for the launch of AMD's DirectX 11 graphics cards… ranging from GDC in China to newly invented delays that would push the launch window in to November.

However, all of these rumors are false, given that AMD has firmed its "Cinema 3.0/DirectX 11" launch. As tradition goes, the North American launch will happen in seven weeks in San Francisco on a very special place indeed - but we're not at liberty to say where the event will take place. All we can say is that it will be someplace that neither Intel nor nVidia would even remember.

source

these DX11 cards are causing quite a stir, its reported the difference is ''supposed'' to be huge.

shame.......i wont be upgrading for quite some time

A:AMD to launch DX11 GPUs in 7 weeks.

Cool, thanks for sharing. I wonder what new effects there are. DX10 was a major change.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/239422-amd-launch-dx11-gpus-7-weeks.html
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys- sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't quite sure...
Anyway, I would like to know if it is possible to assign specific applications to one GPU or another. I'm running Windows 7 and have two 5850s set up in crossfire.
Thanks!

A:Assigning specific programs to different GPUs

Why? What applications?

CrossFireX(CFX) pairs the two cards together, they are used as one. To use them independently you would need to first disable CFX.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/assigning-specific-programs-to-different-gpus.1103595/
Relevancy 43%

I have a MSI FX laptop model MS- GK which has dual GPUs that are switchable The integrated GPU is least work! Dual at 10: to one Just Windows and them GPUs of want an ATI Mobility Radeon HD RS M The other is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD MSI I upgraded Dual GPUs and Windows 10: Just want at least one of them to work! to Windows x and now for the life of me I cannot get either GPU to work properly What I mean is that Windows continues to use the Microsoft Basic Display driver no matter what I seem to Dual GPUs and Windows 10: Just want at least one of them to work! try When I open the Display Settings and click on the Display Adapter Properties link the Adapter window opens and the Dual GPUs and Windows 10: Just want at least one of them to work! Adapter Type is always Microsoft Basic Display Driver At this point I don t even care about switching I just want one of them to work correctly so I can change the x resolution to something higher Yesterday I even installed Windows from a clean slate a fresh clean custom installation YET the same problem continues Windows downloaded a generic driver for the HD but it still continues to use the MS Basic Display driver Oddly when I checked the drivers for the HD in Device Manager it says there are NO drivers installed for this device YET the fields on the Driver Tab are populated with the driver's details Driver Provider Advanced Micro Devices Inc Driver Date Driver Version Digital Signature Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher If I click Driver Details a message pops up ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device I also tried to manually install the generic MS HD driver by selecting Have Disk and selecting the C inf file directly from the Windows folder It proceeded to install but then gave me the following error message after flickering the screen four times Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code quot If I can just get one of them working I would be ecstatic Anyone have any suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/50757-dual-gpus-windows-10-just-want-least-one-them-work.html
Relevancy 43%

I have just got to know that Toshiba launches laptop with three GPUs, The combined efforts of both companies resulted in Toshiba's most powerful gaming laptop to date featuring the new highly integrated GeForce® 9400M graphics processing unit (GPU) along with a pair of NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS enthusiast-class GPUs.
That laptop must be very cool for gaming. But how can they deal with the heat?

A:Cool gaming laptop with 3 GPUs

That's pretty cool, They just use 9400M for general purpose, and use two 9800M GTS for gaming.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cool-gaming-laptop-with-3-gpus.776186/
Relevancy 43%

I need to covert a butt-load of videos for a project.

The best video converter I know is AVS Video Converter.

Unfortunately, it only shows 65-70% CPU usage and I can't get it to use my GTX 480s.

Anyone know a better way?

Thanks

A:A Video Converter that uses all Cores/GPUs?

I really like Any Video Converter. In the option you can increase 'Threads' to as many cores as you have. It also has a nice batch operation so you can drop in 50 videos then walk away.

Handbrake is another popular one but it's kinda buggy.

https://hardforum.com/threads/a-video-converter-that-uses-all-cores-gpus.1713820/
Relevancy 43%

Has anyone else heard about the fact that almost all of nVidia's 8- and 9-series mobile and desktop GPUs are defective? A simple Google search will bring up many reports, some as recent as August 4. I have a 9500M GS in my laptop and am very concerned about this ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-nvidia-8-and-9-series-gpus-defective.740232/
Relevancy 43%

Just wondering, world it be possible to crack open a graphics card and change the physical processer?
I'm not planing to do this but was curious.

A:A quick theoretical question about gpus

It is certainly possible to remove the cooler from most graphics cards, some do so to fit water cooling systems but, it is not possible to replace the processor on any card.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/quick-theoretical-question-about-gpus-4598018/
Relevancy 43%

Hi At the start I'll mention that I am an IT guy actually IT student so GPUs Lenovo on Y580 with BSOD both I have some higher than basic knowledge about the stuff going on with my computers but now even I am lost I will start from the very beggining of my troubles - that BSOD with both GPUs on Lenovo Y580 might BSOD with both GPUs on Lenovo Y580 be a long story So one day quite a bit ago I was playing League of Legends with friends like I did for over a year after purchasing my Y and the in-game bug splat error occured It is not something unusual it happens to people a lot in this particular game so I was like meh again they f up something with the patch Then the system notification told me that driver stopped working but has recovered or something like that which was a first time for me I googled the problem but before I could read anything the screen froze and I had a first BSOD since installing Windows and I have it for a year straight now It was IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL pointing at nvlddmkm sys part of Nvidia drivers I started doing obvious things - ran Windows in safe mode everything was working fine Then I removed Nvidia drivers completely including registry entries and stuff System loded in normal mode and was working - previously the blue screen was appearing before my Windows login page even loaded I managed to play games on Intel HD GPU and do my usuall stuff without any problems - as expected to be honest I did a memtest back then also did it few days ago for hours without any errors I also ran sfc scannow and chdksk without errors if I am not wrong Then I tried installing various Nvidia drivers No success Next - I installed the drivers that came with laptop on CD Quite old xx xx ones The system loaded I logged in all happy but then when I entered Nvidia Control Panel the BSOD appeared again I decided to format my drive and installed Windows about which I kind of forgot so that's why not back to - I was about to upgrade anyway so seemd like not bad opportunity - not perfect one I have to admit Blue screen again same thing I did complete system reset then started to install the Windows drivers from Lenovo's site with Nvidia ones being last and suprise suprise BSOD appeared before the installation even finished So then I tried disabling the Nvidia GPU with drivers running it launched to Windows and no BSOD but I think that doesn't change anything I've read A LOT threads about those kind of issues but nothing seems to be like mine to be honest So I left my GTX M disabled - I'm an IT student as I mentioned so I can't afford to be left without a laptop for even a few days so I didn't send it to service yet Now the funny part - I was playing LoL on Intel card for almost months now since the GeForce BSOD occured And recently I installed Path of Exile which gives me the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSODs after - minutes into the game even on lowest graphics settings D League is running ok on pretty high details so probably not temperature related I don't really know now What would you advise me to do Shall I run all system files checks and chdksk again Is this software or hardware issue I'd just like to fix it if it's software but I tried SO MANY things already that I'm closer to saying it's hardware stuff but maybe you guys will be able to help me and maybe it will be a software issue - so help me God D I'm attaching my minidump folder zipped I will appreciate ANY help thanks a lot in advance just for reading my story thanks even more if you will try to help me nbsp minidump zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Greetings David

A:BSOD with both GPUs on Lenovo Y580

Hi David

Since you are familiar with computers, i will cut the crap and go directly to the troubleshooting. Please follow the below steps.

1. First uninstall both "Intel" and "Nvidia" drivers completely from the system. Laptops require tweaked drivers  specifically created for them rather than generic ones. If the Nividia adapter is disabled via BIOS, please enable it.

2. Then uninstall "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" driver and "Intel Wireless LAN driver" completely. Current versions are not compatible with "Win 8.1".
iaStor.sys Wed Nov 30 09:09:19 2011
Intel Storage drivers

NETwNs64.sys Fri Dec 2 12:20:55 2011
Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5000 Series Adapter Driver for Windows 7

3. Now update the drivers in the order i posted.

IRST : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23060/a08/SetupRST.exe&lang=eng&Dwnldid=23060&ProductID=2101&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Rapid+Storage+Technology+(Intel%C2%AE+RST)

WLAN : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23044/eng/Wireless_16.1.1_De64.exe&lang=eng&Dwnldid=23044&ProductID=3062&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+WiFi+Link+5300+and+Intel%C2%AE+WiFi+Link+5100+products

Intel HD Graphics : http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/ivga200w8164.exe

Nvidia Graphics : http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/nvga200w8164.exe

4. Set Nvidia as the preferred graphic processor for all games.

Please follow steps 1 o 8 of this guide exactly - http://serato.com/video/support/15693/changing-graphics-card-settings-to-use-your-dedicated-gpu-on-a-windows-computer

On step 7 , apply the setting for all your games instead of the example program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515776/bsod-with-both-gpus-on-lenovo-y580/
Relevancy 43%

i want to upgrade but i don't know what gpu will work and witch one would be the best for the money

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19986846
Relevancy 43%

Hi all and first of all thank you in advance even if you don't manage to solve my issue playing different with BSOD crashes and GPUs BF3, 2 happens First things first what happens I have BSOD and crashes playing BF3, happens with 2 different GPUs played BF since it was out and a couple of weeks ago it started crashing more and more often Now I can barely play for minutes It also occurs with Mass Effect but I haven't tested other games Most of the crashes no longer lead to BSODs I quot only quot need to Ctrl-Alt-Del out of the game but sometimes I'll have a cold BSOD Note that I had for a while a second GPU from the same model except Gb of RAM instead of and switching between them did not solve the issue My Windows is a Home Premium x version which I bought with the computer and installed myself I built the PC and installed the OS in early November I hope you guys can acces the specs I entered in my profile otherwise I'll copy paste them I have run the BSOD Dump amp System File Collection app and attached the zipped result let me know if anything is missing Note that some dumps might be old as I used to have a malfunctioning GPU which was replaced by the store where I bought my computer I also attached the perfmon html file as advised I'm running AVG Antivirus Free which is always turned on and Windows Update are made on a regular basis Here's a quick summary of what I tried so far - Uninstalled everything Logitech-related - Uninstall Driver Sweeper Re-install NVIDIA drivers several times with WHQL and BETA drivers - Installed the last NVIDIA drivers from MSI's website - Unplugged every USB device except mouse amp keyboard - Uninstall and re-install both Origin and BF - Uninstalled several non-critical applications I am at a loss not being able to play my games is really no fun so I hope you'll be able to help Once again thanks in advance

A:BSOD and crashes playing BF3, happens with 2 different GPUs

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\MSI Afterburner DJU\Dju:Start Menu\Programs\MSI Afterburner DJU\Dju
The above has known problems with Windows 7. Recommend removing MSI Afterburner.
AVG does not seem to be starting on startup. Was that intentional?
Crashes are pointing to memory problems or driver conflicts.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

An underlying driver may be incompatible\conflicting with your system. Run Driver Verifier to find any issues. To run Driver Verifier, do the following:a. Backup your system and user files
b. Create a system restore point
c. If you do not have a Windows 7 DVD, Create a system repair disc
d. In Windows 7:Click the Start Menu
Type verifier in Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click verifier and click Run as administrator
Put a tick in Create custom settings (for code developers) and click next
Put a tick in Select individual settings from a full list and click next
Set up the individual settings as in the image and click next
Attachment 213245
Put a tick in Select driver names from a list
Put a tick next to all non-Microsoft drivers.
Click Finish.
Restart your computer.

If Windows cannot start in normal mode with driver verifier running, start in safe mode. If it cannot start in safe mode or normal mode, restore the system restore point using System Restore OPTION TWO.

Thanks to zigzag3143 for contributing to the Verifier steps.
If you are unable to start Windows with all drivers being verified or if the blue screen crashes fail to create .dmp files, run them in groups of 5 or 10 until you find a group that causes blue screen crashes and stores the blue screen .dmp files. The idea with Verifier is to cause the system to crash, so do the things you normally do that cause crashes. After you have a few crashes, upload the crash reports for us to take a look and try to find patterns.

When you are ready to disable Verifier: Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click Command Prompt -> Run as administrator -> Type the following command and then Enter:verifier /reset-> Restart your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231303-bsod-crashes-playing-bf3-happens-2-different-gpus.html
Relevancy 43%

So do you like pc gaming, and what's your pc for gaming? I have just got to know that Toshiba launches laptop with three GPUs, The combined efforts of both companies resulted in Toshiba's most powerful gaming laptop to date featuring the new highly integrated GeForce® 9400M graphics processing unit (GPU) along with a pair of NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS enthusiast-class GPUs.
That laptop must be very cool for gaming. But how can they deal with the heat?

A:Cool Gaming Laptop With 3 GPUs

this has already been posted here, and decided its a waste of money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cool-gaming-laptop-with-3-gpus.117111/
Relevancy 43%

I have just got to know that Toshiba Launches Laptop With Three GPUs, The combined efforts of both companies resulted in Toshiba's most powerful gaming laptop to date featuring the new highly integrated GeForce® 9400M graphics processing unit (GPU) along with a pair of NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS enthusiast-class GPUs.
That laptop must be very cool for gaming.

A:Cool gaming laptop with 3 GPUs

joytime360 said:

That laptop must be very cool for gaming.Click to expand...

No it isn't. It's just a waste of money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cool-gaming-laptop-with-3-gpus.116196/
Relevancy 43%

Hello. The GPU (GTX460) needs to be replaced.Removed 460 and uninstalled its driver,I tried installing a GTX1050 but the screen remained black.Reinstalled 460: it works, but with the screen spots that suggest it needs replacement. My rig:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02691769  with RAM upgraded to 16GBGTX460 has a connector that needs to be plugged in, whereas GTX1050 does not seem to have such a port: would this be the explanation why GTX1050 does not work?A local store told me that the GTX1050 could not be supported by the HPE-540ch build. So what GPUs are there that are fully compatible?Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/GTX-460-needs-to-be-replaced-what-GPUs-are-fully-compatible/td-p/5832365
Relevancy 42.14%

Will there be a BIOS upgrade to allow the DELL XPS-8700 to work with the soon to be released nVidia GTX1070 and 1080 cards?

A:DELL XPS-8700 + nVidia GTX10x0 GPUs

If you have the current bios A10 or later yes.  Older systems will require a bios update.
The A10 bios is here and on the XPS 8700 page here.* Download/Save the file to the windows desktop* Before running A10, I would install the prior Bios in order* Disconnect any external hard drives, keys, printer, scanner, etc. You only want the USB mouse, USB keyboard, LAN, monitor connected* Run the executable from Windows* Allow the system to complete the installation and restart automatically. Do not force a restart or power off===============================
NEW thread started to discuss XPS 8700 Nvidia GTX video card upgradesPlace holder for new thread to discuss XPS 8700 AMD video card upgrades===============================
We and Nvidia are looking into the issue, but understand, we only "test/validate" those video cards in my list. Our warranty does not cover non-OEM video cards NOT on our list. Ultimately, it will be up to the XPS 8700 Team and our Legal Team to decide if Dell is going to allocate resources to fix an issue with non-validated, non-tested 3rd party hardware. All I can do is funnel the data to them. Below are the Dell validated/tested OEM video cards for the XPS 8700 and our 460w power supply =
8MXMJ Nvidia GeForce GTX750Ti P123N, 2GB, DVI-I/DVI-D/mHDMITC2P0 Nvidia GeForce GTX745 M302N, 4GB, DVI-I/DP/HDMI9YJWT Nvidia GeForce GT720 M211N, 1GB, VGA/DVI-D/HDMIFPDH3 Nvidia GeForce GTX660 D15P2-40 V2, 1.5GB, DVI-I/DVI-D/DP/HDMI, (Win 8) 2CHCY Nvidia GeForce GTX660 D14P2-40, 1.5GB, DVI-I/DVI-D/DP/HDMI, (Win 8)8C3R5 Nvidia GeForce GTX650Ti P122N, 1GB, DVI-I/DVI-D/mHDMI9168H Nvidia GeForce GTX645 OHGA4/M301N, 1GB, DVI-I/DP/HDMIR5H2D Nvidia GeForce GT635 M210N, 1GB, VGA/DVI-D/HDMI
9KYFK AMD Radeon R9 270 RD14D-P1-70, 2GB, DVI-I/DVI-D/DP/HDMIWNMHJ AMD Radeon HD8870, 2GB, DVI-I/mDP/mDP/HDMI51NCR AMD Radeon HD7570 M209A, 1GB, DVI-I/HDMI (Win 8)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974686
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey, I've seen a lot of people wondering where to find this thing, so I thought I would show you guys where it is. I actually had to pull my card all the way out to find the sticker.

As you can see, it's pretty well hidden, up at the top there.

Hope this helps somebody!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/390488-where-find-ppid-number-asus-gpus.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello guys, I have a question that I can't find an answer on the net anywhere.
If I buy a Sandy Bridge processor such as Core i5 2500K for exaple, this CPU has a GPU inside the CPU right? (HD 3000 right?). Secondly, let's say my motherboard has onboard graphics. So I install a discrete GPU and then I have 3 gpus without crossfire/sli ? How can I use the 3 of them simultaneusly ?
Please answer this question is bugging me for ages xD
Thanks

A:Three GPUs on system with only one discrete graphics card?

You can't. Your motherboard (Z68 chipset) might support switching between the discrete cards and the on CPU gpu for power saving. But you basically use one or the other. There is no provision for utilizing the power of all 3 graphics systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/three-gpus-on-system-with-only-one-discrete-graphics-card.170993/
Relevancy 42.14%

I ve been doing a bit multiple PSU's when GPUs Adding running additional of research lately because I m unsure of the exact upgrade direction I want to take and I ve come up with the idea of using full HD screens along with triple SLI CF but the power requirements in my case would be above the capability of my Corsair HX- Having just spent on that I d rather not even consider replacing it So can a system use a second PSU like any decent PSU or do they need Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs to be built specially for the purpose I was kinda thinking maybe it would be possible to run the system on my Corsair including x GPUs and then run the rd th using another PSU Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs like a w modular thus only using a couple of cables OCZ one or something Besides the space requirements how exactly do you go about doing this e g how would you connect it into the motherboard and is it physically possible Do I need to use a booster thingy PSU like the ones Red uses in his hollodeck instead If so where on earth do you purchase them from in the UK and what are they called Its purely discussion right now I m not tying myself down to any particular idea I d just like to understand all my available paths and answer a couple of questions I m unsure about more than anything nbsp

A:Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs

Leeky said:

Having just spent £117 on that I'd rather not even consider replacing it. So can a system use a second PSU (like any decent PSU), or do they need to be built specially for the purpose?Click to expand...

I'm no expert in PSU's so I wont bull**** you on that, it's my weak spot, but is it possible to use multiple PSU's on one system? Yes. Both in your case? I don't know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-additional-psus-when-running-multiple-gpus.157864/
Relevancy 42.14%

I know for CPUs a higher processor speed is usually better than a slower speed with more cores, I was wondering if the same holds true for GPUs or do other factors come into play.
I ask as I am considering building my own pc and this is one area I can’t get my head around. I tried Googling it but just get answers to the same question for CPUs.

A:GPUs more cores or higher clock speed

No, more cores with slower speeds is better is all situations, especially CPU's. That processing can be done in parrallel is the main advantage of multiple cores (aside from the the necessity of them for heat-dissipation).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpus-more-cores-or-higher-clock-speed.1004659/
Relevancy 42.14%

Sorry, the title should read "upgrading"

If my graphics card fails, and I have to send it of to Sony, if it's the actual chip that is at fault, would they just replace the chip, or the whole card, and if it is one or the other, can it be replaced with something else?

A:Expert Knowledge Required - Updating GPUs?

No way they replace the chip. The labor cost alone is too high, never mind the admin costs.

You will receive at least a duplicate as a replacement, and it is not unheard of to get a next gen replacement.

It is cheaper for me to give a customer a new mobo than it is to solder on a new PS/2 port. Sad but true.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/27831-expert-knowledge-required-updating-gpus.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Check my System info for the details.
I have recently purchased all the parts for a computer from Newegg (still waiting for it), with the understanding that the HD graphics capabilities of the Sandy bridge Pentiums will be more than capable of playing back most formats flawlessly (and being able to convert some odd formats to WMC-friendly versions ahead of time), alongside beng used as a sort of download server for the house.

Am I right in believing I can get away witout a graphics card?

A:Are the GPUs in the new Intels any good for basic htpc/server use?

Quote: Originally Posted by IceFire

Check my System info for the details.
I have recently purchased all the parts for a computer from Newegg (still waiting for it), with the understanding that the HD graphics capabilities of the Sandy bridge Pentiums will be more than capable of playing back most formats flawlessly (and being able to convert some odd formats to WMC-friendly versions ahead of time), alongside beng used as a sort of download server for the house.

Am I right in believing I can get away witout a graphics card?

It will be fine unless you will be doing some gaming
Any integrated graphics will perform very badly in most graphically demanding applications such as modern games. Get a dedicated graphics card if you intend to do gaming

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/187652-gpus-new-intels-any-good-basic-htpc-server-use.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I want to upgrade my motherboard to a 4 slot PCIE one and get two HD7950's or HD7970's. I already have two HD6770's crossifred. I want to know if I could run a pair of 7950's or 7970's crossfired as my main GPUs and use my old 6770's as extra GPUs (For dedicated bitcoin mining). When I'm not using the PC I want to run the 7950's or 7970's (not in crossfire mode) along with the two 6770's for bitcoin mining and maximize my hash rate outputs for bigger profits. Is this possible? Having two sets of different cards and having them detected properly.

A:Upgrading GPUs & MOBO, need advice on 4 slot PCIE setup

Not seeing much in choices, this is highest cost AMD AM3+ board with 4 PCIe, but they are 2 16x, 2 8x, no idea on effectiveness of those, never have even crossfired or SLI'd 2 let alone 4.

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard with 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support and UEFI BIOS - Newegg.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/296939-upgrading-gpus-mobo-need-advice-4-slot-pcie-setup.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Nvidia has updated the collection of games bundled with purchases of new GeForce 900 series graphics cards, giving gamers Batman: Arkham Knight in addition to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for free with qualifying purchases.

Read more

A:Nvidia bundles The Witcher 3 and Batman: Arkham Knight with new GPUs

I got the witcher 3 code through gog from the purchase of gtx960. sadly the game is not available to download yet. im not sure how demanding the graphics of the witcher 3 is, but it seems nvidia wanted maxwell users to play witcher 3 that much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-bundles-the-witcher-3-and-batman-arkham-knight-with-new-gpus.212683/
Relevancy 41.28%

The sticker says 700W which sounds quite muscular but i can't find a brand name. It has a logo that says ADJ and the model number is CG-ADJ-8

I keep hearing about the importance of 12V rails when analysing how good a PSU really is and what it can handle. Might as well be greek to me so I've written the sticker specs below:

Here is what is written on the PSU:

+3.3V(20A) +5V(30A) +12V1(12A) +12V2(14A)
(130W max)

-5V(0.5A) -12V(0.8A) +5VSB(2A)
(9.6W max) (10W max)

I would very much appreciate any help you can give. I have my heart set on a 1gig radeon hd4870 (with extra cooling).

thanks a lot.

A:Will my PSU handle a radeon HD4870? Or any of the new breed of power hungry GPUs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-my-psu-handle-a-radeon-hd4870-or-any-of-the-new-breed-of-power-hungry-gpus.805300/
Relevancy 41.28%

Continued from This troubleshooting thread I recently posted a thread asking which video card brands were better than others support warrenties etc Now I need few replace dead a decide Trying GPUs to budget X300 Radeon my between to some advice I buying a video card because my computer s previous Radeon X died I have a watt generic Dell PSU V A VA A VB A - V A V A VSB A combined max VA and VB A Check my sig for the rest of my computer hardware I should probably get a new power supply but my budget can t really support the extra for a good Antec Corsair or Thermaltake because I am saving up for a new computer My computer has a x slot so I am not looking to upgrade just a repacement of some type same power requirements After checking around I think my PSU could support a GS GS Radeon Radeon Trying to decide between a few budget GPUs to replace my dead Radeon X300 or Radeon - GIGABYTE HD MB -bit - MSI GS MB -bit - SAPPHIRE HD MB -bit - XFX HD MB -bit - ASUS HD MB -bit These are the cards I Trying to decide between a few budget GPUs to replace my dead Radeon X300 have my eye on any thoughts opinions Please don t laugh at me and tell my to upgrade my computer I just want to be able to use the computer again with out spending Thanks nbsp

A:Trying to decide between a few budget GPUs to replace my dead Radeon X300

An Radeon HD 5450 is the best for the money you want to spend. The ASUS HD 5450 is out of stock so get the SAPPHIRE HD 5450

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-decide-between-a-few-budget-gpus-to-replace-my-dead-radeon-x300.156919/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am building a new PC - components arriving over the next week. Going to be an MSI A78M-E45 V2 motherboard with AMD A10-6800K APU, 8 gb Crucial RAM (2x4 gb), and XFX HD-667X-CDFR 2 gb PCIe graphics card. AMD advertises dual GPU capability via Crossfire using both the GPU of the A10 processor and the HD-6670 PCIe card.

Has anyone setup anything like this in Windows 10 before? I'm planning on having to force install the AMD Catalyst 15.7 drivers and Catalyst Control Center, but I hope I can get a success story to boost my hopes!

Thanks!

I'm using a bit older components because I wanted to stay under $300 and it should still be about 4x faster than my current PC.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/40529-setting-up-dual-amd-gpus-a10-6800k-apu-xfx-hd6670-pcie-card.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Password-cracking chip causes security concerns.

A technique for cracking computer passwords using inexpensive off-the-shelf computer graphics hardware is causing a stir in the computer security community.

Using the "massively parallel processing" capabilities of a graphics processing unit (GPU) - the processor normally used to produce realistic graphics for video games, the speed of password cracking was increased by a factor of 25 - and a Russian company has filed for a U.S. patent on the technique.

How vulnerable is your computer's GPU?

-- Tom

A:Nvidia GeForce 8800 Ultra and lesser GPUs security vulnerability

Time to start making really really long pass phrases.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-8800-ultra-and-lesser-gpus-security-vulnerability.643314/
Relevancy 40.42%

Controversy surrounding the GTX 970 aside, the 900 series GPUs from Nvidia is among the most anticipated graphics chips in recent memory. The mobile variants are especially impressive as they narrow the performance gap between their desktop counterparts to 80...

Read more

A:Nvidia removes overclocking from 900M mobile GPUs, a feature advertised on some notebooks

LOL it is clearly a move by Nvidia to force people to upgrade more often. They will probably take the 980m and do the same thing they did with the 680MX -> keep re-releasing it with 10% higher clocks every year.

Problem is that someone with a 680mx could just overclock it 30% and get an 880m. However this should be a problem for Nvidia, not us. If they want us to upgrade, give us something worth upgrading to!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-removes-overclocking-from-900m-mobile-gpus-a-feature-advertised-on-some-notebooks.208906/
Relevancy 37.84%

AMD was excited to introduce a family of true next generation GPUs at their E3 event today. The Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 Fury and R9 Nano are enthusiast oriented graphics cards based on the Fiji architecture that will sit...

Read more

A:AMD announces Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 Fury and R9 Nano GPUs; also Project Quantum, a dual-Fiji SFF PC

Custom form factor requirement makes Quantum DOA. White box manufacturers won't touch it..only the Alienwares and the like will even give it a shot and they won't move enough units to make it viable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-announces-radeon-r9-fury-x-r9-fury-and-r9-nano-gpus-also-project-quantum-a-dual-fiji-sff-pc.214880/
Relevancy 37.41%

To keep it short I was trying Intel GPUs ditching driver HD Win7? on support 4th Is Intel for gen to download the latest Intel HD Graphics Driver from the official website to update my wife's drivers to try and solve a problem She Is Intel ditching driver support for Intel HD 4th gen GPUs on Win7? has an Intel i th generation and running with the built in GPU since it's more of an office media computer Excluding driver ver all the newest versions support th gen GPUs only on Windows when trying to install it says my system doesn't meet the requirements or some message of this sort It struck me as odd and you can't really make up a pattern here on only two consecutive iterations that don't support W but the fixes in the release notes would be extremely welcome to this OS as well Is Intel trying to ditch support for older generations that run Windows thus inevitably making the customer to upgrade to in the hopes of continued support of older generations Do you guys who are more in the know give any value to my assumption What's going on Cheers

A:Is Intel ditching driver support for Intel HD 4th gen GPUs on Win7?

Hello Hellriser mate not as far as I know and my Haswell machines all have the Intel Control Panel software installed not that it makes much difference I have to say.

So are you talking about the CPU in your specs below? if so there are these Intel? HD Graphics 4600 for 4th Generation Intel? Core? Processors

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/398787-intel-ditching-driver-support-intel-hd-4th-gen-gpus-win7.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi, I am building a new computer and I want to go with a dual screen setup. I was wondering if I should go with a GTX 670 2GB GPU or two Sapphire Radeon 7870s. If not specifically these cards, let me know what you think.
Is it better to have a single GPU with dual DVI output or two slightly cheaper GPUs using crossfire?

A:Dual Screen, Dual DVI GPU vs. 2 Single DVI GPUs

hi,

The only thing that changes is the graphics performance you will have.
Two Sapphire HD 7870s beat a single GTX 670, but I'm not a Crossfire fan, so I suggest you to get a faster single GPU, because a lot of applications won't use multi-GPU technology.

What you need to do with your new pc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/265605-dual-screen-dual-dvi-gpu-vs-2-single-dvi-gpus.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I was wondering if there was any diagnostic tool out there that could determine if my CPU is kicking the bucket?

My graphics card is fried at the moment, but I also think that either my CPU or RAM is dying. I notice that my computer is running VERY slowly. I'm not sure if this could be contributed to the dead/dying graphics unit, but I'm worried nonetheless.

Thanks in advance.

A:Faulty CPU?

Is your computer slow at restarting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cpu.636400/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi there,

I have a PCI-E slot that doesn't seem to work with a 9500gt. The 9500gt worked for many months then all of a sudden, no display appeared on my monitor one day. I switched to another PSU (weaker but still adequate), but still the same result. After doing some more hardware changes, I assumed it was a dead motherboard. Luckily I had a friend who had a spare EAH3450 Silent, and it worked! I have been using it ever since and my PC has ran with no problems.

I also tried a 9800gt and still no display. I checked the BIOS menu and saw that the display adapter was on PCI, changed it to PCI-E, but once again the same problem. I am not sure if this is a power problem since the 9500gt has such a low requirement and worked for a period of time. Any suggestions as to what might have happened?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-pci-e.841842/
Relevancy 34.4%

just bought a new pc case with a 350w psu,built pc using following
asrock m266a mobo,
p4 1.8ghz,
256 pc2100 ram,
maxtor 40gb hdd,
dvr rom,floppy.
switched on powered up but nothing on screen,lights came on fan started,hdd made noise,
i didnt know what was up so i switched off and moved switch on back of psu to 115v from the 230v position switched back on to see if that made any difference but then nothing happened no power lights etc,so switched off and reset switch to original position now still nothing happens.have i broke it or something.
any suggestions appreciated

Relevancy 34.4%

About a week ago this CD-Rom Faulty started happening with my cd drive and now its annoying I have a x cd-drive don t know the company its a few years old now maybe or i recently moved it over to a new computer and it worked fine no complaints Recently it hasn Faulty CD-Rom t been responding Its detected by the system and it seems to be working properly until you try to get it to read something I ve tried audio and data but it will read nothing A friend of mine suggested it being a power problem but it ejects fine and the led s Faulty CD-Rom seem to be functioning normally I even double checked the connection no luck I checked the IDE connection no luck there either and the audio cable is in place I changed nothing the day the breakingness seemed to start except that i moved it spaces down in the case but that means nothing please help me -Cd-Driveless and confused nbsp

A:Faulty CD-Rom

If the drive is bad change it. They’re not that expensive and even name brand drive break, I've had brand new CD drives do the same thing worked five minutes ago then suddenly nothing, the tray open and closed but nothing else works, 9 of those drives where BTC's never buy any product that BTC makes they are all trash. *click here for a CD drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cd-rom.144541/
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm having intermittant problems booting up. Sometimes I get wrong system disk message, other times just the 'wait' message while you think its booting up. I've gone into the bios and 'auto detected' so it will continue to boot at times.
Sometimes if I give the tower a 'nudge' it will continue. I'm using Windows 98 and have a 8 Gb HDD and a second 6Gb formatted but with nothing on it yet. Any ideas? How do I change the boot to use the other drive? but still able to use both for data. Thanks

A:Faulty HDD? help

cabo

If you 'nudge' the tower and it continues, that might suggest a loose IDE connection.

Open the case and check that all cables are secured firmly.

Firah

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-hdd-help.131632/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am unsucessfully trying to repair IE 6. I was told to run sfc/scannow (message from repair site) - but I get the following error msg "Windows cannot find sfc/scannow" etc. please make sure you typed the name correctly etc. etc ...........

When I am trying to open something like "the news" from an email, it opens up in IE as an invalid syntax ("the page cannot be displayed"). Mozilla is my chosen default browser and I also run Acoo.

I have XP Home Edition S Pack2.

Any suggestions? I only keep IE on the system for programs which wont work with other browsers

Regards
Judy

A:IE 6 Faulty

There needs to be a space between sfc and /scannow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-6-faulty.505457/
Relevancy 34.4%

A while ago I was working on my computer when out of the blue it restarts. I picked the -Start Windows Normally option. Before it even gets to the desktop it would restart all over again. It did this until I removed the RAM sticks from DIMM slots B (slot 3 and 4) Now my computer is really slow. My computer is a HP a250n with 4x 256 ram.

A few days ago I did a full wipe on the HD to see if that would clear up the problem. It works well with only 2 sticks. When I put in the 3rd or/and 4th sticks I get to the desktop fine but only for a few minutes then it restarts and the screen goes blank. I tried switching the sticks but nothing works. What could it be?

A:Faulty ram?

Do a memtest
Have you tried swapping the memory sticks from 3-4 with the ones in 1-2?
This will help verify whether it's the sticks or the slots.
The memory test will help also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.134655/
Relevancy 34.4%

hi, i have windows xp and until just recently, everything was goin okay. i scanned my computer with mcafee and erased around 3000 adwares or as the program says "unwanted files". now, when i type something to someone on aim, there is huge lag and a long delay before the message gets sent. i tried trillian and gaim and they are both the same. plz help!!

A:faulty AIM

welcome to tsg

are you running a p2p client such as kazaa? if so, you deleted the manditory adware that comes with kazaa, and im guessing it could cause system problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-aim.257345/
Relevancy 34.4%

I ve been having problems with my computer since i moved it into a new case but the latest problem is the worst yet my computer doesnt seem to want to Faulty...something? recognize that i have a disc drive hooked up to it the power doesnt go into the disc drive because the light doesnt come on the drive is brand new after i bought one thinking the old one was broken and neither of them will light up as though they were powered up this was never a problem until i moved the parts into a new case so far ive disconnected all the new cables hooked to the case LED s and new Faulty...something? front USB port and so on so that the computer is exactly the same as it was in the old case still nothing i switched out the power to the hard drive thinking that if just the cable was ruined the hard drive wouldnt run but it did the cables are all in working order is it possible for a power supply to just not like parts nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

I am having problems using my CD Drive.

I am getting the error message....'handle invalid'

Is this a software error, or CD Drive error

thanks for your help

Lee

A:Faulty CD?

Boot from a floppy with CD support. Does it work then?

When do you get this error, anyway? When you put in a disc? When you open My Computer and click on the CD drive? What OS are you using?

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cd.34651/
Relevancy 34.4%

I had a faulty key code for windows 7 professional and it screwed up internet explorer. Now I cant do anything on my laptop with any program unless I am in safe mode. Does anyone have any suggestions or can I put my computer back to windows 7 starter. Thank You.

A:Faulty Key

What brand and model computer do you have? Where did you acquire the Win 7 Professional program?
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-key.993610/
Relevancy 34.4%

i have an inteldbg850 motherboard think that it went out how do i find out. i hear no beeps ive tried 4 different graphic cards and 3 different monitors dont have a whole lot of money to replace computer right now. could it be the cpu or the motherboard and how can i tell. please help single father of 3

A:Faulty cpu or the mb?

Go back to the most basic setup you can imagine...
One memory module, one video connection, and a cd or a simple hard drive... or an external floppy drive with a Windows 98 disk.
Attempt a boot.
If no boot, change to the other memory module. Attempt another boot.

The idea is to try various simple boots, and avoid using the hard drive if you can... use a different hard drive known good with Windows 95 or windows 98 installed... or boot to a floppy boot disk or a CD with Windows 98, 95, or ME disk on it..
Motherboards are pretty solid, and the Intell is one of the better ones. Processors rarely go out.
Common failures are (1) dead memory module, (2) failed power supply, or (3) bad hard drive. Very often if any of those three are bad, the computer will not start up.
Testing the power supply is more difficult. Once simple test is to watch the back of the power supply with a strong light. Have somebody else press the <ON> button while you watch to see if the fan blades on the power supply turn. If they turn only 1/8 turn to 1 turn and quit, the power supply is usually bad and is the likely problem.
Better yet, buy or borrow a power supply tester. They cost anywhere from $9 to $29, depending on quality or complexity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-cpu-or-the-mb.119082/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,
I noticed when I play PS1 games as well using ePSXe emulator, it behaves just like PCSX2 and the temp of the CPU goes to 78 C and the fan spins so fast
My laptop again is Inspiron 15z i7-3537U 2GHz

I made a discussion in a gaming forums and that his reply.
Is he really right?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988114
Relevancy 34.4%

i was reading through another thread an noticed HJT has been updated, so naturally i upgraded to the latest version - but when i ran a system scan it srashed! i got one of those messages saying HJT stopped responding would u like to send an error report... and so on. has anyone else had this? im on winxp home sp2. i still have 1.98 somewhere but if this is a problem then it should be looked at. thanx

Relevancy 34.4%

I hope Faulty cpu? that my assumptions are wrong I have been experiencing some problems with my laptop and I Faulty cpu? think its the processor Its a compaq pressario m with a celeron m cpu ram I was in the middle of a dvd movie when the sucker just turned off The laptop was hot and I have been suspicious of dust in the fan or the heatsink due to the choppy playback of dvd movies So I opened up the laptop and remove all the dust that had form a lining in between the fan and heatsink Ok great now the damn thing shuts off after a couple of minutes of use I thought it might have been the HD so I ran knoopix and it work for a while then it halted I was able to quot walk quot windows without any proggies running for like mins I dual boot suse and when I try to load Faulty cpu? that os it shuts off in the middle of kernel probing I also attempted to run the memtest in the suse cd and after pass the laptop shut off When I opened it I did not see any signs of burnt hardware I have not Faulty cpu? overclocked the cpu but I am getting the feeling thats the culprit any suggestions nbsp

A:Faulty cpu?

It sounds like you may have dislodged/bumped the heatsink. I would suggest reseating it with some good thermal paste.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cpu.552485/
Relevancy 34.4%

Would a faulty RAM socket or module make this flashing screen come up?

This screen came after "a half post" where it posted the the first few lines of what it was supposed to. The reason I ask is cause when I moved the RAM into the other socket on the board it worked fine?

A:Would faulty RAM do this?

It could, especially if you its integrated video.

I'd test the RAM to be sure its good: http://www.memtest.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/would-faulty-ram-do-this.551418/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello good people My PC was running fine but then one night I turned it off and in the morning when I went Faulty Faulty PSU HDD??? or to turn it on it took ages There was no slow degradation it just went from being ok to not being ok When I hit the power button it used to spark up straight away now it just sits there for about five seconds and then sparks up and loads up slowly Once it s loaded it seems to work but more slowly than it used to I have hard drives both partitioned The C drive and F drive are on the old-ish original HDD and an x and y Faulty PSU or Faulty HDD??? on the new hdd I Faulty PSU or Faulty HDD??? have most of my program files on the c drive and documents etc on the f drive X and y is mainly for multi media stuff As I say everything was working fine I could be wrong but it seems that when I access the c drive it is slow but when I access the z drive it isn t as slow unless I launch say an mp file then it takes a while for the track to play I assume and possibly wrongly that its because the mp player is coming from the program files an the c drive I have run the usual suspects of spyware etc and posted my HJT log for someone to look at and they say it looks fine there were no nasty surprises on any of the scans I have scanned the disk and checked for errors and its fine although it did take an age From reading forums it seems like it could be a faulty PSU or my hard drive is about to die I have backed up the suspect hard drive with acronis so my question is how do I go about determining exactly what the problem is Some other clues that might help are Sometimes on booting up it would scan the z drive and do the error check thing for no apparent reason well not apparent to me anyway I never asked it to I have scanned the z drive since and it was fine The first morning I had the problem it was trying to boot up from the diskette and just keep cycling through and stumbling at the same point I changed the bios thing to ignore the diskette and it then loaded up Thanks for your time G Windows xp home Service pack Mcafee internet security suite GB ram Athlon xp mhz nbsp

A:Faulty PSU or Faulty HDD???

Does the Chkdsk give you any error on the Z drive? Might check all cabling and be sure everything is tight. You talked about C: AND F: on One HDD and X: AND Y: on the other, where does Z fit in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-psu-or-faulty-hdd.550551/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am unable to measure any DC volts in my PC and suspect that there is no mains supply to the PSU . What would be the sequence of steps that you would take to determine where the fault lay, obvously whilst complying with safety proceedures?

A:Faulty PSU

Just buy a psu tester as they do not cost much and use it. If the psu test bad then replace it not repair it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-psu.506704/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I am new here. My pc recently restarts playing some games which is strange to me. I did some internet research and found that it could be me psu or gpu.
My pc spec:
Intel core i7 870 (base clock)
Intel motherboard dh55pj
Sapphire hd 6870 igb
Transcend ram (4+2) gb
Samsung 500 gb hdd
Thermaltake smartpower 550 watt psu 80+ bronze

Also I borrowed a friends` 6850 gpu+ 450 watt psu to see if there is anu problem in my mobo or processor but it was just fine. But I gave my friend my gpu psu combo and he faced problems like mine after using them for 1 week.
So now I am certain that either my gpu or my psu has gone bad. but I cant know for sure which one.Any helps.....

A:Faulty GPU or PSU?

Does your friend have a 500W PSU so they can test your GPU with their PSU? If they can test just the GPU, it might answer your question.

Actually 500W has head room, a 450W PSU might be enough to test for a week or so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-gpu-or-psu.188680/
Relevancy 34.4%

So my mother's Geforce 6200 fan has started to catch on the sides of the heatsink, I have no clue if its because the little axle inside the fan has warped, or due to overheating or maybe even in need of greasing.
My first question would be, is there a way to find out if it is even fixable? Second, if not, are any of you familiar with any north american component dealer stores that I may find?

I'm located in Odessa, FL
Ordering online isn't really an option tho if I absolutely had to I would, I'm more interested in just going to some store and snatching up a new heatsink for it.

Relevancy 34.4%

MSI A m-E mobo AMD A - k apu Corsair w psu x PNY RAM Windows bit I've posted a couple times on here stating that my CPU was overheating while gaming HWmonitor and Speccy both were showing my temps jumping around from - c while at idle I then read that those third party apps have a hard time reading temps on the apu's so I found and downloaded AMD Overdrive and it is showing my PSU? Faulty temps are fine even during the more intense parts of the game but computer is still crashing full restart of the time and then screen freezes with a green checkered boardish looking deal mixed in with the picture my monitor was already displaying the other It gets weirder than that though The problem first showed up when I Faulty PSU? playing Rust which is an open world mmo survivor game and I was playing with a friend also I play another open world survivor game called Life is feudal and i didn't seem to have the problem with this game at first until another player walked up to me in game and we were chatting for a bit then boom computer crash I can log on and Faulty PSU? play for hours at a time alone in game and hardly ever crash although it still happens sometimes but as soon as another player gets close to me I can almost guarantee a crash within minutes Only think I can think of would be a psu going bad idk if a computer uses more power when trying to communicate with another or what seems like that would be an internet issue Any help would be appreciated

A:Faulty PSU?

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600486/faulty-psu/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a fairly new computer with fairly new cd-rom drives, however, the drives will only read my accounting cd-rom from school and will not read any music cds or gaming cd-roms. They worked before, but now they are acting up. Could there be another problem other than getting new cd-rom drives? Please help!

A:Another faulty CD-ROM

Things to check.....
Cables to the drive and motherboard are seated all the way in.
Make sure the drives jumpers for master and slave are correct.
Is the drive detected correctly in device manager? Is there any exclamation points?

Try these out first before assuming you need a new drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-faulty-cd-rom.360835/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello guys.
mu issue is more less common,at my home the electricity is neva stable..its on and of most times...so I woudnt say I used the switch button to turn my pc off.
but a lito while ago,I have this problem of checksum error default loading..poping on the screen,my mouse, keybord not rensponding with some strange noise..(bips) its wen I visited this site read about som tips on the CMOS battery changing ,jumper settings and re-set , but it neva worked so I went for repair it was ok..they tod mi the noise was the one of the RAM was faulty.but wen I went home I tried the other RAM teking off the current RAM one the pc replaced with the one he clamed was faulty was ok..that ment the RAM was finebut the RAM slot was nt not ok...nw same thing has happened and am prity confused...

A:Faulty RAM?

Are you having trouble with your keyboard, or is English not your first language?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.186050/