Windows Support Forum

SoundMax installation error

Q: SoundMax installation error

Hi somebody can help me ? when i try to install soundmax appears
The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware
Note: if you uninstalled audio software without restarting your PC restart now then run this setup again.
But this driver i had it before reboot my pc and now it doesnt work.
My audio is integrated in motherboard and the motherboard is asus p5lo2.
Thanks!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: SoundMax installation error

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: SoundMax installation error

Download this driver - the blue download button.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...us-Realtek-ALC882-Audio-Driver-51005125.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-installation-error.178195/
Relevancy 59.34%

I cannot install the driver on my system for the SoundMax. I get a severe error stating: "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again" The problem is that I've done this again and again with no success. HEEEEELLLLLPPP! This is my configuration on my system:

Compaq Evo D310v
Board: Compaq 0804h
BIOS: Compaq 686O2 v3.13 12/16/2002

Processor:
1.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

I had the SoundMax once on the system and I accidently deleted it from the system. I found the installation folder under my windows audio folder and tried installing but got no where. Rebooted a million times but with no success.

Any ideas?

A:SoundMax Installation Problem

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

First off what OS?
Go into control panel click on system, then hardware, then device manager.
is there a yellow "?". Either way right click it and select unistall/delete.
reboot. If you have the driver on your MoBo cd then install from there.
Post back and let us know.
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-installation-problem.30730/
Relevancy 53.75%

It detected SoundMAX not audio device - SoundMAX seems that my Windows installation is getting worse by the day on my desktop see specs linked to my account It is just issue after issue it seems Now my audio is not working on Windows SoundMAX - SoundMAX audio device not detected but on my Linux installation it is which leads me to think that a driver issue has arisen Additionally when I click SoundMAX - SoundMAX audio device not detected on my SoundMAX icon it just gives me an error saying No SoundMAX audio device detected I do not have a dedicated sound card as my motherboard's integrated one does fine until now but still I think it is a software issue not SoundMAX - SoundMAX audio device not detected a hardware issue as it is working great with Ubuntu My Windows Home Premium x installation is not a clean install I used the upgrade option as I got Windows Upgrade Option for free right before it came out when I bought my PC with the equivalent Vista I've heard since that it was a mistake to do so and that a clean install is always better is this true Also another question Would updating my BIOS which is extremely easy with the P T Deluxe V motherboard help anything at all I apologize if any of this post seems dumb I'm kinda new to the extreme hardware Sometime this month will be the year mark for me upgrading from entry level cough eMachines w to enthusiast hardware

A:SoundMAX - SoundMAX audio device not detected

Hi,

Have you gone here:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

and downloaded the latest audio drivers?

Upgrading the BIOS can shometimes help in these situations, is an upgrade available.

Ap

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/117979-soundmax-soundmax-audio-device-not-detected.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay hey ive had to re-install windows XP Pro because my last one got a virus, and no i got no sound this was the same problem last time but i downloaded a driver a soundma driver and it got my sound bacl. But this time i done the same thing and get this erro "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again." but i dunno what to do ive gone through heaps of post on this forum and yet no solution to be found. Please help me!!

Ive been up for 5 hours straight and still no ancwer!

A:Help ive got no sound!!! And ive got this SoundMax Error! Please help me!!!!!!!!!

To install drivers from the internet:

go into Windows Explorer, left click on Desktop, then File, then New and then Folder - name the folder XXXDrivers (where XXX = type, eg, AudioDrivers)

go to the site for your driver, find the RIGHT one for your mobo and OS,(click on the nearest site to you if appropriate) and then download button - when asked where to 'save' the download specify your desktop folder XXXDrivers and wait until the download is complete.

Once it is done, clear your screen and click on the desktop folder and then on the file inside - if it is a zip or rar file it will need to be unzipped or unpacked - make sure if you are asked to specify where to unzip/unpack to tell it to do so to the XXXDrivers folder.

Once you are done that, uninstall the old drivers for the device and then select the device and specify update drivers and direct the search to the folder you made (don't let Windows do it).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-ive-got-no-sound-and-ive-got-this-soundmax-error-please-help-me.77098/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just reformatted my xp home pc and have already installed the lastest nvidia directx drivers etc but the sound drivers won t work I ve tried deleting that quot Multimedia device quot that has the question mark in device manager but that doesn t work and when i try to start a program that uses sound say ventrilo it says it can t quot activate directsound quot for that device PC Summary Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name F PILOTX User Name Owner Motherboard CPU Type AMD Athlon XP MHz x Motherboard Name Asus A V X-X PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio LAN Motherboard Chipset VIA VT Apollo KT System Memory MB DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Modular Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce AGP Monitor Sony CPD-G quot CRT Multimedia Audio Adapter VIA AC Enhanced Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive Audio SoundMax Error Maxtor Y P GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive SONY DVD RW DW-G A SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Mouse Microsoft PS Port Mouse IntelliPoint Network Network Adapter Hamachi SoundMax Audio Error Network Interface Network Adapter VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Peripherals Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA VT C PCI-USB Controller USB Controller VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Human Interface Device USB Device USB Human Interface DeviceClick to expand nbsp

A:SoundMax Audio Error

Have you been to Windows Update and downloaded all the updates available for your computer? I seem to recall a Windows High Definition Audio KB that was necessary under SP2 to correctly install your audio drivers.

I *think* it may have been this KB Article. But please do try Windows Update first to ensure that you get the latest and most correct KB Update for your system...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111/en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-audio-error.82892/
Relevancy 50.31%

I had to install a new hard drive on my computer. Now, I can not get any sound. In trying to install the device driver from the Dell Resource CD, I get an error that says "an error occured while unzipping. One or more files were not successfully unzipped. The error code is 40." Then it asked me to restart my computer and try again. This happens when I get to the SoundMax Install Wizard screen. I have a Dell Dimension 4550 and am running on Windows XP. The Audio Driver is SoundMax: Analog Devices ADI 198x Integrated Audio Driver. Any information would be helpful. Thanks in Advance

A:Uninstalled Soundmax drivers & now get an error message

Go to Dell's website and their support section enter yur service tag number and go to the downloads section for your machine and download the drivers from there. they probably have an updated one there anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uninstalled-soundmax-drivers-now-get-an-error-message.42537/
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I am experiencing a installation error with my Win 7.
The error: installation must be on a local driver.

I did a SFC scan, and now attached log file for your reference.

thank you in advance.

A:Win 7 installation error: installation must be on a local driver

There's nothing attached.

Where did you get Win7? How is it burned to disk?

Are you booting the installer to Clean Install Windows 7?

During installation process at Steps 7 and 8, use the Drive Options to delete all partitions and create new as you wish, format and click Next to install to first partition. Ignore the small boot partition it creates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/298214-win-7-installation-error-installation-must-local-driver.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently installed windows vista beta 2, I made it partion the harddrive but when I chose to load my old windows version the screen just goes black and nothing happens, there is no data from my other windows version anywhere on vista, so I tried to install XP again but it wont let me, if I just put the disk in it has Install windows as gray and unclickable and if I start it after a reboot it gives me this

STOP 0x000008E (oxC0000006, 0xd762FFEA, oxF726C9Ac,0x00000000) Setupdd.sys- Addres F762FFEA base at F760E000, DateStamp4167c8F

Please help, none of the programs I use will run on vista, thanks

A:installation error (after installation of vista)

Hi, I assume you want to get rid of Vista and start over? If so, you should be able to boot from your Windows XP CD, remove all partitions on the hard disk, reformat and install Windows XP.

If this doesn't work, you may want to download the low level format utility from your hard disk manufacturer's website to give you a clean disk, then try the above again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installation-error-after-installation-of-vista-109465.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I am trying to install cakewalk SONAR and I get this error when running the installation and start the small window on quot c quot quot Error An error ocurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC ALT type quot win quot version quot quot publickey Token quot fc b b a e ocurred error 1935. "Error installation of during An the 'Microsoft.VC80.AL assembly e b quot processor Architecture quot AMD quot Please refer to help and support for more information quot ------------------------------------- When I checked the event viewer I have a Vista application event ID with the description below quot Microsoft VC MFC processorArchitecture quot amd quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot Could not be found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis quot -------------------------------------- When I try to run the sxstrace exe I have then this message the error message is in "Error 1935. An error ocurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.AL blank quot C Users Xxxxx Comp gt sxstrace parse -logfile sxstrace elt -outfile sxstrace txt Parsing log file sxstrace elt ProcessTrace failed Error message is quot I been google this problem and try different approaches for the last days and nothing fix this problem I try to install microsoft visual c and c and have similar errors Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated right now is a quot dead end quot Thanks guys in advance for the help in this matter

A:"Error 1935. An error ocurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.AL

Hi,

Just to confirm for us, install the Visual C++ redist 2005, then VC++ redist 2005 SP1, then VC++ redist 2008, then VC++ redist 2008 SP1. Only restart PC after last one has finished and do them in order, one at a time. This will take quite a long time, let them finish. Then run windows update and select everything, in particular the updates for the VC++ redists (mainly security updates) and restart PC again. Tell us if anything here fails and any error messages you get. Are any of your applications getting side by side configuration errors? Then try your program install again. Hopefully it will now work. Tell us what happens. Will try and post links later as this post sent off iPhone.

Hope this helps, though you may have already done this.

Richard

P.S. You could try sfc /scannow though I really doubt it will help.

EDIT:

Here are the web addresses in the correct order:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=BA9257CA-337F-4B40-8C14-157CFDFFEE4E&displaylang=en

http://www.vistax64.com/software/264912-error-1935-error-ocurred-during-installation-assembly-microsoft-vc80-al.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm running a Windows XP Pro system, 2gb good RAM, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, nVidia GeForce 9800 GT. I attempted to install a copy of Oblivion (which I have had and used many times in the past). The disk is in very good condition, and can be used on another machine. I have tried it on multiple drives for this one PC, but now, it will not complete the loading of the InstallShield Wizard. It gives me this error:

Error Code: -5006 : 0x80070001
Error Information:
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1194)
PAPP:Oblivion
PVENDOR:Bethesda Softworks (http://www.bethsoft.com)
PGUID:35CB6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054B0
$11.0.0.28844

I have searched for a solution online, but have not found one that works yet. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/elder-scrolls-iv-installation-error-error-code-5006-0x80070017.785732/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi After months of trying different Microsoft VC90.ATL Error of occured 1935 assembly error installation things I have gave up and come here for help The problem arrises when trying to install AVG The error that is Error 1935 error occured installation of assembly Microsoft VC90.ATL displayed during installation is quot Severity Error Error code xC Error Message General Internal Error Additional Message Installing rd party redistributables failed If Windows update is prepared on your computer install it if Windows update was installed recently verify please its successful completion Try to install AVG then again Error An error occured during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC ATL version ' ' publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot processorArchivetecture quot x quot type quot win quot Please refer to help and support for more information HRESULT x Having looked around people say this is a windows update error I have followed various links back to microsoft support and ran fixes which have been unsuccessful Is there anything that can be done without formatting this laptop Thanks Jason

A:Error 1935 error occured installation of assembly Microsoft VC90.ATL

Having looked further into the problem, if I look at installed windows updates it says no windows updates installed but I know for a fact that Windows Updates are installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/219362-error-1935-error-occured-installation-assembly-microsoft-vc90-atl.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello Friends This is getting me nuts please help I have reinstalled my Vista home premium bit OS and now i am not able to install my vodaphone router software during installation of software i get the error messges Error An error occurred during the 1935.An 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL, the during of error installation Error assembly occurred installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC ATL type quot win quot version quot quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot processorArchitecture quot x quot ' Please refer to Help and Support for more Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL, information HRESULT x B assembly interface IAssemblyCacheItem function Commit component F AF - E -DC -A F-C B B A E E i have looked into even viewer and found error Activation context generation failed for quot C Program Files Common Files AccSys AccVSSvc exe quot Dependent Assembly Microsoft VC CRT processorArchitecture quot x quot publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot type quot win quot version quot quot could not be found Please use sxstrace exe for detailed diagnosis sxstrace exe could not give me much info please suggest how to proceed this is fresh installation not sure if previous installation carrying Net Framework thank you SBE

A:Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.ATL,

Hello and welcome to the Vista Forums!

It is not .net Framework that you need, but the Visual C++ Runtimes, in particular the 2005 ones.

? Download and install the following VC++ Redistributables in the following order: 2005; 2005 SP1; 2008; 2008 SP1, 2010

Web addresses:
1. Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)
2. Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
3. Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
4. Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Retry. That should solve the issue. If it does not, I shall teach you sxstrace.exe!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/software/285365-error-1935-error-occurred-during-installation-assembly-microsoft-vc80-atl.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Before i begin describing my problem things i have already tried - using the web install - using the standalone error: internal occured Direct system X installation error install - editing my registry key as shown here watch v lRq -qUyvXk I am trying to update my direct x to version c I need it to play Planetside but the installation process Direct X installation error: internal system error occured fails stating that an internal system error occured and that i should check the log files for more info However DXError log does not exist as for DirectX log here it is Code infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp d dx x inf DefaultInstall infinst Target file 'C Windows system d dx dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system d dx dll have been installed already infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp d dx x inf DefaultInstall infinst Target file 'C Windows system d dx dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system d dx dll have been installed already infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp d dx x inf DefaultInstall infinst Target file 'C Windows system d dx dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system d dx dll have been installed already infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp d dx x inf DefaultInstall infinst Target file 'C Windows system d dx dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system d dx dll have been installed already infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp d dx x inf DefaultInstall infinst Target file 'C Windows system d dx dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system d dx dll have been installed already infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp d dx x inf DefaultInstall infinst Target file 'C Windows system d dx dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system d dx dll have been installed already infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp XACT x inf DefaultInstall infinst Target file 'C Windows system xactengine dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system xactengine dll have been installed already infinst Target file 'C Windows system x daudio dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system x daudio dll have been installed already infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp d dx x inf DefaultInstall infinst Target file 'C Windows system d dx dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system d dx dll have been installed already infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp XACT x inf DefaultInstall infinst Target file 'C Windows system xactengine dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system xactengine dll have been installed already infinst Target file 'C Windows system x daudio dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system x daudio dll have been installed already infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp xinput x inf Install Driver infinst Target file 'C Windows system xinput dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system xinput dll have been installed already infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp XACT x inf DefaultInstall infinst Target file 'C Windows system xactengine dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system xactengine dll have been installed already infinst Target file 'C Windows system x daudio dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system x daudio dll have been installed already infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp xinput x inf Install Driver infinst Target file 'C Windows system xinput dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system xinput dll have been installed already infinst Installing E temp DXB tmp XACT x inf DefaultInstall infinst Target file 'C Windows system xactengine dll' Target file is Version Source file is Version infinst C Windows system xactengine dll have been installed already infinst Target file 'C Windows system x daudio dll' Target file... Read more

Relevancy 39.56%

how can i correct to enable installation of antivirus

A:error 1603 Fatal error during installation of antivirus at 99 % instal

Which anti-virus are you trying to install?

After doing some research of the error code, i stumbled upon this: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/834484?wa=wsignin1.0

Give this a shot, to see if this will help!

-Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349129-error-1603-fatal-error-during-installation-antivirus-99-instal.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I had tried from the early win early betas to upgrade from win pro bit I continually got the error quot The installation failed in the SECOND BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE DATA operation quot and the code quot Error x C - x D quot I had tried the fixes recommending by microsoft including disabling unistalling antivirus Bitdefender removing unneeded peripherals scanning system files to no avail After months of trying various builds including the final no luck I had tried upgrading via iso and windows installation/upgrade 0x4000D 10 error 0x8007002C - Error windows update Every time the installation hung at the same spot percent However I was finally windows 10 installation/upgrade error Error 0x8007002C - 0x4000D able to get build to install Now however my concern is the expiration date in July I have tried unsuccesfuly via windows update and iso files to upgrade to newer release preview versions however the error message returns installation hangs at percent and the system rolls back to my current version of win Any help or suggestion would be appreciated Homebuilt PC fx cpu asus m a fx board I am able to clean install with no problems Here is a link to my system windows 10 installation/upgrade error Error 0x8007002C - 0x4000D info and event viewer logs windows 10 installation/upgrade error Error 0x8007002C - 0x4000D Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere Create docs with free Office Online

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/43909-windows-10-installation-upgrade-error-error-0x8007002c-0x4000d.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I downloaded and tried to install Xcelcius and after a short time I get the message Fatal Error - Installation ended prematurely because of an error
When I press OK the installation closes
I use vista home basic
I tried to install using xp compatability and the same thing happens
I also downloaded the program a second time and it still happened

A:Fatal Error - Installation ended prematurely because of an error

Look at the Event log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fatal-error-installation-ended-prematurely-because-of-an-error.868351/
Relevancy 39.13%

Ok I have an HP dv us and there is NO OS INSTALED Oh don't get me wrong I know how to fix that error but the problem is is that whenever Iget to the formatting process of windows installation it literally freezes and tiles itself with blue lines or something NO THR RAM AND HDD IS NOT CORRUPTED BROKEN I have ran multiple tests The error from formatting is x and I have tried EVERY SINGLE DISKPART AND BOOTSEC COMMANDS ON THE INTERNET I have also tried startup repair etc I booted gparted and it said quot Your PNP bios is causing a fatal error quot I can't even install a Linux Debian without the formatting process freezing I also tried booting from CD but it doesn't boot from CD THE BIOS HAS NO OPTION TO CHANGE AHCII or something like that I conclude that the bios needs to be updated but I cant do it without error 7 error with installation windows BIOS 0x80070057 a windows Os There have been over versions of the HP dv us and the change log even states it fixes these problems The bios comes in a self extracting exe There is no bin file I don't know of its possible to flash the bios with usb without a bin or something If you have any suggestions please do post My final plan is to find a hard drive with windows on it replace the bios If you guys have any info I coul d use please post

A:BIOS error with windows 7 installation error 0x80070057

I would say you are on the short road to finding out your mobo is probably dying/dead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/346571-bios-error-windows-7-installation-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Okay here's the whole situation I hope you can understand A few weeks ago I had gotten a error, Driver what error, getting installation screen do?! blue to an error or blue screen of death with a stop error saying unmountable boot volume Went to get that fixed from a rent to own place where I am renting to own a new computer Turns out okay with a reinstallation however I think the techie forgot to put back in the programs of the drivers and such After Driver installation error, getting a blue screen error, what to do?! that I had the error again I did it myself this time after given a Driver installation error, getting a blue screen error, what to do?! boot disk Worked out fine again Now here's where it gets interesting I talked with an HP technician on how to get my video card back on and followed instructions of downloading all the links on their support site and install them all in the sub catergory quot Other Drivers quot I did that and I get the error I couldn't exactly remember the codec for it or whatever it is the last two was B So for now I'm having it be repaired through the boot disk So what should I do Is what I'm doing right now which is repairing through the boot disk going to correct the problem even after installing the drivers Edit The error I get is Stop x B xF A xC x x

A:Driver installation error, getting a blue screen error, what to do?!

Yes try repairing your system using your boot disk, try first the chkdsk then if that doesnt work try the re-installation option this will not format your system just repair and re-install you system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/driver-installation-error-getting-a-blue-screen-error-what-to-do-235506.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I came across an internal error 2343.I deleted the msoffice directory and then went into the registry editor and deleted any msoofice links.
Now i am unable to install MSOFFICE 2000 as i keep getting this error message.I tried by going thru the set up but it goes to the maintenance mode .
Is there any way to solve this issue without reinstalling WindowsNT 4.00.
I am using Serice pack 4.

A:MSOFFICE installation error (Internal error 2343).

According to my technet, its something to do with lotus notes/ you removed or unistalled it, or it dosent have the correct registry settings.
Then it mentions a SR/1 or try SR/1a...
I can`t fit the full reason here but i hope it helps....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msoffice-installation-error-internal-error-2343.29906/
Relevancy 39.13%

So it all started when i was trying to install Itunes and right before it was done installing i got this error quot An error occurred during the installation error 1935 error assembly occurred installation an of during the of assembly 'Microsoft VC CRT version quot quot type quot win publicKeyToken quot fc b b a e e b quot processorArchitecture quot x quot Please refer to Help and Support for more information HRESULT x b quot So i do some research and learn error 1935 an error occurred during the installation of assembly that i need a newer version of microsoft visual c I try install that and i get this 'Error An error occurred during the installation of assembly Microsoft VC ATL type quot win quot version quot quot quot publicKeyToken quot quot fc b b a e e b quot processorArchitecture quot X quot Ive also noticed some other strange things such as my windows module installer says started and i cant stop it so i think theres something wrong with that and everytime i put in sfc scannnow it says windows resource protection could not preform the following operation My windows updates also dont work i get code Please help me I have some skills on the computer but they are somewhat limited but im sure i can follow the instructions

A:error 1935 an error occurred during the installation of assembly

some one please help?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/288836-error-1935-error-occurred-during-installation-assembly.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I tried to installing my game, it's popup say: Setup was unable to create the directory "C:\users\owner\appdata\local\temp\is-4df2.temp, error 5 Access denied. Also I got another error as different install setup, "Could not initialize installation C:\~GLC1034.tmp the system cannot find the file specified" 

I tried to scan my HDD as Malwarebyte..it won't help me bit little.

Help?!

A:Windows 7 Problems: Error 5 and Installation Error...

Hi,

Are you running the programs as Administrador? If not sure right click the installer and click Run as Administrator.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546536/windows-7-problems-error-5-and-installation-error/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all,

I'm using a Hp Probook, 6555b. windows 7 64 enterprise version.
since past few days i'm unable to install any application. when i tried install any application after 75% i'm getting this error message.

Error Code : 2503
Error Code : 2502

Badly need Help.

A:Error 2503 and 2502 (installation error)

Hi and welcome to TSf see this thread should be the same for win 7 [SOLVED] Vista Installation/Uninstallation Error (2503 & 2502)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-2503-and-2502-installation-error-612921.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I need drivers for ADI SoundMAX , as installed in this PC Lenovo Support - Drivers and software - ThinkCentre A52 (type 8287, 8288, 8289, 8296, 8297, 8298, 8326, 8327, 8328, 8329, 8340, 8341, 8342, 8343, 8344, 8380, 8381, 8382) / M52e (type 8299, 8380).

Exact model number is 8298-7bg

A:ADI SoundMAX

Hi yousaf465, have a look here you may be able to get the sound card drivers working following this method ADI SoundMAX 86/88/A/B/89,Xonar [6585/6600/6605][04-03-2010] • nForcersHQ.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/130363-adi-soundmax.html
Relevancy 38.27%

my integrated audio is ad1985 (ASUS p4p800se), it can just work like common AC97 of no soundmax 。。。。Hardware does not support but my xp can do
i cant find upgrade drivers in Google。。。。。。
someone tell me how to do。。。thanks

( i?m Chinese,and can not be a good description of the problem in English,sorry)

A:Cant use soundmax

Quote: Originally Posted by wang

my integrated audio is ad1985 (ASUS p4p800se), it can just work like common AC97 of no soundmax 。。。。Hardware does not support but my xp can do
i cant find upgrade drivers in Google。。。。。。
someone tell me how to do。。。thanks

( i?m Chinese,and can not be a good description of the problem in English,sorry)

Wang the newest driver I can find at asus is for XP. you may be able to use it by installing in compatibility mode the driver can be found here http://support.asus.com/download/dow...el=P4P800%20SE

Hope this helps and let us know if you need help with any of this

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/28597-cant-use-soundmax.html
Relevancy 38.27%

im having problems with soundmax. it looks like it decides that my sound is too loud and then turns down my sound on its own.
how do i stop it from doing this????

A:Soundmax

Hello MaNTiS_007, welcome to Bleeping Computer.If you provide us with your make and model of your computer or motherboard we can help you find a solution, or you can try this link. http://forms.analog.com/Form_Pages/soundMA...echSupport.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51022/soundmax/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys, When i turn my PC on and try too install SoundMAX audio, it comes up saying this

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=driverwg7.jpg

And i dont have a clue what to do!

Any advice would be much appretiated!

Thanks

I am running Windows XP Home Edition Btw

A:Soundmax!

In order to better respond to your question or problem

We require more detailed and specific information

Please repost your request with:

Computer: Brand Name

Age of system:

CPU: Brand, speed

Ram: Type, amount, speed

Peripheral devices

Operating system: Windows 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Pro, Other

Do you run Anti-Virus software: Brand Name, version #, date of most recent AV signature file

For Video or Graphic problems

Video Card: Brand Name, type, speed, Chipset, driver version and date

Video settings: resolution, advanced settings

For Internet problems:

Modem: Brand name and date of driver

Type connection: dial-up, cable, sat/DSL, other

Browser: IE, Netscape, version #

For Network problems:

LAN card(s): Brand, # of cards

Router: Brand name, type

# machines on network

Network settings and IP configuration

Please state your specific problem and when it started

Did you change anything, install anything before the problem started?

List any recently installed software

List software running in background ie: anti-virus program, mail programs, backup software.

Any power disruption or incomplete shutdowns

Failed Scandisk/chkdsk or defrag attempts

Use of any “tune-up” utilities, registry utilities, system diagnostics, other third party utility software

Recent downloaded software

Any new programs or files that have recently appeared in your STARTUP menu or msconfig STARTUP listing

This information may be of critical importance in locating and correcting the source of your problem. Please note any additional information or detail about the problem that may be of value in our assessment of the problem.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundmax.525615/
Relevancy 38.27%

I'm trying to install SoundMax but I keep getting this message:

I went to Intel's website to get the driver I needed based on Dell's website
Dell

Intell
This is the file were do install it?
I was reading from another site it told me to install the older devices by going to the Device Manager but i'm lost....

Please help!!!1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundmax-help.667920/
Relevancy 38.27%

hi,
i accidently deleted SOUNDMAX from my computer
and now i cant play no sounds/audio....
or even when i go to volume control it says this

There are no mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to control panel, printers and Other hardware, and then click Add Hardware. the program will now close.Click to expand...

i tried doing that an still it dont work.. i tried to look for SOUNDMAX on the net but i cnt find it!!!
please help,

A:Soundmax

What brand of computer are we talking about? How did you delete Soundmax?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundmax.613611/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have windows XP Home addition disk top computer, recently I installed a program called SKYPE, after that I noticed that my SoundMax register is corrupted and prevent me to adjust the volume to the sound, I am trying to find some way to solve the problem,there is so many offer to the same purpose to download and I want to know the price or the cheepest way to update or dowenload the corrupted SoundMax 3.0 registery.

A:SoundMax 3.0

Since no one has replied to your post, I'll suggest something. From your post, I detect that English is not your native language, so hope you can understand what I'm saying. SoundMax 3.0 is apparently quite old (2001). Updating it might solve your problem. There are LOTS of malicious sites offering downloads for SoundMax, but the best I found was at http://www.officialdrivers.net/soundmax-drivers.php. Try updating the SoundMax driver from this site and see if that solves the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundmax-3-0.984081/
Relevancy 38.27%

hi,
i accidently deleted SOUNDMAX from my computer
and now i cant play no sounds/audio....
or even when i go to volume control it says this

There are no mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to control panel, printers and Other hardware, and then click Add Hardware. the program will now close.Click to expand...

i tried doing that an still it dont work.. i tried to look for SOUNDMAX on the net but i cnt find it!!!
please help,

Relevancy 38.27%

I have Asus P5E3 Deluxe MB. When i play music the sound go a bit up and down.
This is not notible in video and game.

SoundMax version: 1.0.0030

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/180615-soundmax.html
Relevancy 38.27%

hello all.

i get an error on boot up.

The SoundMAX audio driver did not load. You may need to reinstall SoundMAX.

couple of questions you may be able to help with!

1. what is soundmax?.. and how can i stll can play sound on my pc.
2. how to i reinstall soundmax?

my motherboard is LENOVO 6475BY4.

thanks.

A:soundmax

Assuming your using a T400 or T400S that your product number suggests you can get drivers here: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-72858

SoundMax is a brand of audio hardware made by ADI.
Richard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/146413-soundmax.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello!
I got a problem with my soundmax.
I cant open it because the icon have a red circel around it.

Please help.

A:Soundmax problem!

Sound is disabled

Please check Device Manager or Sound options in Control Panel if it is Muted

Device Manager:
Start--> Run--> devmgmt.msc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-problem.100240/
Relevancy 37.84%

I just reloaded vista64 on a asus a8v-x I found drivers on this forum page but could not remember where at -I'v tryed for the last 2hrs to get every thing back on hard drive but no good on sound ples help if can thk you

A:no sound soundmax

Hello Sheriff,

If you are looking for Razer Barracuda? AC-1 Gaming Audio Card driver you can find it here Razer Barracuda AC-1 Driver v2.23

Hopefully it helped.
Cheers...

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/228584-no-sound-soundmax.html
Relevancy 37.84%

hi, i removed soundmax from my pc like an ***** and now have no sound, tried system restore but can`t get it back. can anyone advise me how to get it back please.

A:Removed soundmax

Hi and Welcome to TechSpot

Have you rebooted? Removing the device should have warranted the OS to detect the hardware again at startup.....

Is this on board sound? What is the make/model of the computer or adapter card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removed-soundmax.97776/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have an Asus Striker extreme motherboard that came with some PoS Soundmax card, i removed it and replaced it with my XFI extreme out of my old computer (put an audigy from the closet in the old computer) And i can't seem to find a way to remove Soundmax audio, looked under add/remove programs, device manager etc. Even tryed to disable it from bootup with msconfig.

Still loads and gives me a warning is all. Any help is appreciated. If you need any more info let me know.

A:Cannot Remove Soundmax

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go into your bios and disable your onboard sound. It`ll probably be found under onboard peripherals. Then, save and exit bios.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-remove-soundmax.87369/
Relevancy 37.84%

hi peeps im new here so go easy.

i have just brought a new M/B and cpu

asus M2N-SLI Deluxe with a AMD Athlon X2 6000 cpu

my M/B came with drivers for vista x64 but does not work very well, i can't adujust the settings for audio like i can in xp 64.

the sound card is built in M/B and is SOUNDMAX ADI AD1988B 8-channel.

is there a compatable driver for this as i want the jack sensing and adjustments.

thanks for your help craig

A:no driver for soundmax x64

Hi! I've installed Home Premium x64 just yesterday and I needed the same driver.
After a few incorrect downloads and frustrated bad installations I've found the following driver:
ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/aud...6320_Vista.zip

If you try to install it by running AsusSetup.exe, you'll get an error message telling that your hardware is not connected or something like that.
But you still can install it by the old ways, directly on Device Manager, telling Windows where you have uncompressed it.

It rocks! See the screenshot below:

There is a new function named Sonic Focus. Man, what an amazing boost it gives for your high and low frequencies. My Edifier e3100 never sounded better!! Games, movies, music, incredible crystal clear sound.

I only have stereo (2.0), but the settings up to 7.1 are there as well.

Sorry for my english. I'm Brazilian
Good luck! enjoy it!

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/141544-no-driver-soundmax-x64.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I woke up today and my audio drivers decided to just randomly quit on me I m not sure what my sound card is but my motherboard is an Asus Maximus Extreme so I m assuming it s a SoundMAX AD B Basically what s going on is that I m getting a message saying quot The SoundMAX audio driver did not load You may need to reinstall SondMAX quot No problem I thought so I tried to do exactly with SoundMAX Problems that went into programs and uninstalled SoundMAX A file called quot DevSetup exe quot was missing but luckily I found it in the drivers pack that came from the Asus website in one of the folders I put it in C Windows it said that it wasn t found there and proceeded to uninstall Worked fine and I rebooted my PC like I was asked Problems with SoundMAX to To my surprise however it turns back on and the same message saying the driver did not load pops up So I tried to just install it straight away but halfway through the installation I get an error saying quot Unable to compare versions Aborting quot and I m forced to quit So I went on many threads online trying to find a solution but all of them were pretty straight forward and obvious like uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them So I downloaded Driver Sweeper and tried to remove the drivers in safe mode However there were no SoundMAX drivers in there but there were two audio drivers one by Creative and one by Realtek So I basically tried to remove them which seemed to be successful I never used the program before it says it deleted the drivers but I still see quot Creative - Sound quot and quot Realtek - Sound quot in the list however there s nothing inside I wasn t really sure what to do about this so I just deleted the SoundMAX folder from my Program Files but somehow the program still ran when I restarted my computer I deleted the High Definition Audio Controller from the Device Manager and had Windows reinstall it on its own The problem is that the drivers are there but the computer fails to recognize them And I have absolutely no idea how that happened as I didn t touch the computer and it just randomly decided to stop working I will post a HijackThis log not sure if that will help or not - I honeslty don t know what to do with it myself haha Thanks in advance Z Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Razer Lycosa razerhid exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files Razer Lycosa razertra exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech Vid Vid exe C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files MotioninJoy ds DS Tool exe C Users Ziad AppData Roaming cacaoweb cacaoweb exe C Program Files Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows System mobsync exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Users Ziad Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink Link... Read more

Relevancy 37.84%

My friend has a SoundMax soundcard, and he is trying to listen to records through his computer. With his old PC, he could do this by connecting his record player into the mic input. But with the new PC, he can't get any sound through any of the input jacks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:SoundMax Question

go to audio options and increase the mic volume

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-question.73213/
Relevancy 37.84%

I just bought a new Intel D865PERL motherboard and built my first computer. Not the first I've owned but the first I've built.
Intel D865PERL motherboard
Intel 2.4 800mhz CPU
(2) Crucial 512MB RAM
Klipsh 2.1 speakers

I'm having problems with my speakers. The right speaker has about 1% the volume as the left speaker. I went to Intel's web site and downloaded the latest driver. I have plugged my speakers into my old computer and they work fine so I know its not the speakers. I've checked voulme levels and everything indicates I should be getting equal volume. Device Manager is not indicating anything is wrong.

A:SoundMax & one speaker

I had the same problem with my SoundMax on Windows XP.
To solve this, I opened the SoundMax Control Panel from the start menu or control panel. I adjusted everything in there to suit my preferences. I also went through the Audio Wizard to make sure everything was detected.

In Preferences, I disabled the Audio ESP. For Listening Environment, I chose the speaker setup I use on my system. I also chose an Acoustic Environment and set the Virtual Ear to Adult. Click "test" so see how things sound.

To ensure that the audio works in all speakers, SMax4PNP must be enabled in the Startup in msconfig. (This might be all you need to do, but the other stuff is what I did first.)

Hopefully this will help you get the audio working.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/soundmax-and-one-speaker-8465.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Pc Spec: Win2k Service Pk4, Office 2k, HPVectra xe310

Some time ago I deleted SoundMax in error from Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs. Since then I get no sound through my headphones.

I downloaded and installed the drivers from the HP site, nothing, tried other similar SoundMax drivers and nothing happens neither does it show up in Control panel under installed programs.
There is no other sound card installed, the volume controls are not muted either.
Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-restore-soundmax.314381/
Relevancy 37.84%

Howdy,

Whenever I try installing SoundMax on my comp, directly downloaded from the Dell website, it gives me the following Error Message EVERY TIME and rebooting changes NOTHING:

''driver not found! reboot system and rerun this installation''

I NEED my sound back as soon as possible, cheers to whomever helps.

Noch

A:SoundMax won't install

You probably don't have a Soundmax audio device. It may be AC 97, Creative or something else. What is the Dell's model and service tag number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-wont-install.172868/
Relevancy 37.84%

hi ... i just have installed Vista x64. I had vista x32 before but now i've got Problems with my SoundMax-Software. The Driver from the Asus homepage work very well but not the SoundMax-Software. I cannot install it right ... in the Systemcontrol there is no entry and the Trayicon is not where it should be. Its not hided or something else ... i just cannot use it. The 32bit version of the Soundmax works but it is 32bit.
So my question ... is it neccessary to have the SoundMax as x64 or is there no dfference?

greetz

A:SoundMax problems

Originally Posted by mowh

hi ... i just have installed Vista x64. I had vista x32 before but now i've got Problems with my SoundMax-Software. The Driver from the Asus homepage work very well but not the SoundMax-Software. I cannot install it right ... in the Systemcontrol there is no entry and the Trayicon is not where it should be. Its not hided or something else ... i just cannot use it. The 32bit version of the Soundmax works but it is 32bit.
So my question ... is it neccessary to have the SoundMax as x64 or is there no dfference?

greetz

Hi mowh,

Welcome to the forum, If the 32bit software works for you then I see no reason to change it.
To answer your question, no, there is no noticeable difference

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/216631-soundmax-problems.html
Relevancy 37.84%

My laptop is a Compaq pressario 700 with soundMAX sound onboard, but when i play DVD's the sound is jumpy, could it be drivers? or software? i use Intervideo WinDVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-dvd-problems.14634/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have an Asus K8V-X-SE that uses Soundmax for audio. I have installed Win 7 on this machine but cannot find a new driver for the Soundmax AD1888 that will work with Win 7. Does anyone know how to overcome this situation or do I have to find a Win 7 certified soundcard and install it.
Any help would be appreciated as I would prefer not to have to but a soundcard.

Thanx, art

A:Soundmax driver for win 7

you could try installing Vista drivers (if available)... some integrated sound adapters don't have full Windows 7 support but in some cases Vista drivers will work fine. no promises, but it's worth a shot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-driver-for-win-7.144892/
Relevancy 37.84%

I am a computer engineer, I have just upgraded my client's machine to Windows 7 (I did the Upgrade Advisor before and W7 would install correctly and all the hardware would be fine).
Until... I installed W7, everything else works fine, except the Audio driver! I have tried everything, XP compatibility mode.

I know the drivers according to the page for the motherboard aren't for windows 7, but surely there must be some way of doing it:

It's a K8V-MX.

Relevancy 37.84%

Hi everybody.

I've tried several times solving this issue but nothing seems to work.

I own an Asus M2N32-Sli motherboard with SoundMax 7.1 integrated audio and I'm trying to get a 5.1 sound system work on this. Windows is able to recognize the audio card perfectly (I don't even have to install any drivers). Control Panel allows me to configure it just fine, even the test works great; all 6 speakers work in the test, but they do not work in any application (Windows Media Player, Power DVD, Winamp...), I only hear the front speakers, not the sorround or the SW/center ones.

I guess this is not a driver issue since they work perfectly in the test, but if anyone can give any suggestion, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks and regards!

A:SoundMAX 5.1 does not work

Of first off make sure that you are allowing other devices to allow exclusive control over the speakers...check the screenie...and also post some pics of your sound properties to see what is up

Zidane2424(Chris)

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/16998-soundmax-5-1-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Can anyone help me with this error wuth the SoundMax integrated Audio: The NTKern.vsx,MMDELDR.VXD device loaders for this device could not load the device driver?

Thanks.

A:SoundMax IRQ prob. HELP!!!

Are you seeing these error messages on boot up.
the one should be ntkern.vxd???

Sounds like you may need to reinstall your sound drivers, do you have the disk with the drivers on.
If not what type of motherboard do you have. You should be able to get them at the manufacturers site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundmax-irq-prob-help.47387/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all
I am new in here, please be patient with me.

I inadvertantly uninstalled SoundMax from my machine; although I have re-installed the drivers, I have lost the Icon from the taskbar to open the controls.
Soundmax is not now an installed program - how do I reinstall the actual program and get the taskbar icon back ??

please advise
Z

A:SoundMax amomily

Go to Control Panel, in there click Sounds and Audio Devices, on the first page there should be Place volume icon in Taskbar, click the box and see if the icon does not reappear.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-amomily.83085/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a new mother board Intel Pentium D845GEBV2 with an ICH4 Audio device builtin. It came with Soundmax software on the Intel install disk. After booting and clicking on the SoundMax icon get an error " digital output being taken by another application".
I have remove the device in device manager and let windows detect and install same problem. I am getting no sound at all.
In control panel multimedia in the audio section you can not select the devices for play back. So they are not showing as installed but in Device manager it shows installed and no problems Help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundmax-problems.133326/
Relevancy 37.84%

computer: custom asus pc-dl deluxe.soundmax onboard audio. I just reconnected my computer after service. soundmax control panel has red x through it. sound will not play. on desktop the icons remain and the three associated files are present, shortcut, help, etc. but soundmax control panel is not. In add or remove programs the control panel is listed as an installed program. In c/program files/analog devices/soundmax all the files seem to be there. I have a lynx 1 audio card installed as well. Does anyone know of a simple solution I am overlooking? We just ran the repair consol on the operating system and I don't want to start downloading drivers and reinstalling unless its necessary. If I do does anyone have a link direcly to the correct drivers at asus? Thank you for your assistance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-not-found.42024/
Relevancy 37.84%

i try to instell SoundMax but in the end i get an error massge that says:
"Driver not found! rebot your system and run it again"

and after other instellations it gave me the same massge please HELP me!!!!
i dont have any sound///////////

P.S
i have my audio drivers already installed////////

A:soundmax problem

I've run in to problems installing Windows XP from a SysPrep image where it incorrectly identifies the CPU as a single processor where the CPU needed multi-processor support.

I'm only recommending this advice because it seems like you've installed Windows XP a few times and might not be too upset if these changes accidentally destroy Windows and you need to install again. But be warned, changing the HAL will mess up Windows XP and select the wrong layer and you will need to reformat and reinstall again.

Have a look at Microsoft's article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309283

What I have seen is that Windows Sysprep was told to install the CPU as a "ACPI Uniprocessor PC". Which, even though the computer was a single CPU, it oddly needed the "ACPI Multiprocessor PC" HAL in order to correctly install the audio driver.

What was weird was the fact that it installed all the audio driver features except the most important: "SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio" driver. And there wasn't any updates that I could do to make the driver work.

I also needed to install the Windows KB888111 before installing the audio driver.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888111/

To switch the HAL, go in to Device Manager.
Change View from "Devices by type" to "Devices by connection"

At the top of the list will be your HAL definition. WRITE DOWN THIS NAME in case you need to go back or something goes terribly wrong.

Right click on your HAL and select "Update Driver..."
Choose "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)"
Choose "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install."
Widows will show your options to change between different HAL's. Select one and pray. Remember, changing HAL's can screw up your computer and you may be so bad that you need to reformat and reinsatll. Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-problem.82661/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,
i have a problem with my sound card SoundMAX AD1988b (the supremefx card in bundle with motherboard asus maximus II formula).

When i try to install the driver for win7 x64 downloaded from asus center i have this error: "the audio driver files do not support your computer hardware".

Anyone can help me?

thx

A:Problem with SoundMAX

I notice there are two audio drivers. One is for every OS version and a beta for Win 7 only. If you haven't tried the Beta version, download and try that one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/108588-problem-soundmax.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Anybody know where I can get a driver for the audio on my old Asus P5L-MX Motherboard.

I have Googled all over the place but no luck.

I have a paid-for Driver Boost app that had updated all the drivers since I installed Windows 7 but even that can't find one for the Soundmax.

Went to both the Asus and Soundmax sites but for the love of me can't find one.

Ran the Windows Compatability Wizard that said the audio drivers would be fine when I upgraded from Vista to Seven!

Have lost the plot here so any help appreciated.

Thanks

Relevancy 37.84%

yes i uninstalled soundmax on my asus p5b. i've been looking around on a bunch of forums and tried a few things (driver downloading and manual install or force install wtvr.)and i still havent gotten it right...i dont get any sound not even the startup tune or shutdown tune....just the beep at bios startup or wtvr... im at a loss. Plz, get back to me with any information you might need from me, I know that for soundmax on asus i need the EXACT driver for my model, and i thought i had the one after like 30 different driver installs and shutdowns/ restarts, im just frustrated now...
thx in advance for the help.

Relevancy 37.84%

I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RZ32G. Belarc reports I have a Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio card onboard. It used to work fine until I had to re-image the machine and reload all the drivers. Now I get a lot of buzzing and can't get the volume to come up very high. I've downloaded and installed the drivers from Sony's website for this workstation. Still won't work good. I'd like to get the onboard audio to work instead of buying a new audio card.

Anyone have any similar problems with Soundmax audio that they've been able to resolve?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundmax-drivers.821056/
Relevancy 37.84%

in post No drivers for SoundMax AD1888. a decision is found
"I had same problem with AD1888 but in 32 bit Win 7 (7000). Windows 7 installed driver for Soundmax and even updated it, but it didn't work at all. The problem was in driver number - 5.12.01.5290. I just replaced one file (smwdm.sys) from Asus Win XP driver pack for this card (5.12.01.3665) and rebooted the system. So I have sound now. "

where it is possible to get it a file???
(I beg pardon for errors in text. I use on-line by a translator. )

A:SoundMAX AD 1985

Good God, that actually worked!

If you have XP on your machine, the file is in windows\system32\drivers (in my case g:\windows\system32\drivers). Overwrite the file in c:\windows\system32\drivers with this file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/3390-soundmax-ad-1985-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi. I have windows 7 64 bit build 7229 and intergrated sound Soundmax on my Asus motherboard. The sound is fine for a while then it stops and to ge tsound back I have to click the volume icon which freezez the tasbar for 54 seconds and sound comes back. Any idea why it does that?

Relevancy 37.84%

Pc Spec: Win2k Service Pk4, Office 2k, HPVectra xe310

Some time ago I deleted SoundMax in error from Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs. Since then I get no sound through my headphones.

I downloaded and installed the drivers from the HP site, nothing, tried other similar SoundMax drivers and nothing happens neither does it show up in Control panel under installed programs.
There is no other sound card installed, the volume controls are not muted either.
Can anyone help?

Relevancy 37.84%

I recently installed windows 7 with my dc7100sff

But as it seems I can't find any soundmax drivers for it

Windows 7 automatically detected it and installed some drivers, But of course this did not work

I've tried most soundmax audio solutions for windows 7 but it still does not work

Is there any solution or do I have to wait?

A:Soundmax with windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by Tani

I recently installed windows 7 with my dc7100sff

But as it seems I can't find any soundmax drivers for it

Windows 7 automatically detected it and installed some drivers, But of course this did not work

I've tried most soundmax audio solutions for windows 7 but it still does not work

Is there any solution or do I have to wait?

Hi and welcome to sevenforums

You can also use vista drivers. You just need to install them in compatibilty mode. tell us what model you have and if you are 32bit or 64 and we will see if we cant find you one.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/38782-soundmax-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 37.84%

i own a compaq 6730s notebook since three months
i've interrupted my BIOS updates 2 months ago..since that day, sound max has been disabled on my laptop and i'm unable to install the version available on the HP website..each time i received this error msg 'CANNOT COMPARE VERSIONS..ABORTING' and recently im receiving this one 'THE FILE 'c:swetup\SP35656\i386\smwdm.sys' IS MISSING!'
please help me

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/256961-soundmax-has-been-disabled.html
Relevancy 37.84%

We have been getting an annoying issue for awhile now when users log in. They will get a series of SoundMax error messages that pop up in a row. The messages are:f

Soundmax, Error extracting support files.
Access is denied.
Setup failed to run installation.
The system cannot find the specified file.

We are using HP desktops and laptops running windowx xp sp2. I have searched all over and not found any reference to these errors. Has anyone else seen this and have a solution to it?

A:SoundMax errors

Go to the HP Support website and donwload and install the latest audio driver for the laptops model. You might consider updating XP to SP3. It is available from the Windows (Microsoft) Update site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-errors.106475/
Relevancy 37.84%

My Windows XP installation has a Soundmax audio driver. Having now the ability to dual boot my computer to Windows 7 I have since learned that there is little likelihood of Soundmax producing a driver compatible with Windows 7. Windows 7 Device Manager indicates under Sound Controller what it refers to as a High Definition Audio Device and that the drivers installed are working properly but still no sound. Attempts to update these drivers report that the drivers in question are up to date.There is no indication by yellow exclamation marks that anything isnot as it shoud be in Device Manager.
Any suggestions for restoring sound would be appreciated

A:Windows 7 & Soundmax

Right click the speaker icon in the system tray, near the time. Choose playback devices. Choose the correct one here. If you don't see it, right click in the middle and choose "Show Disabled Devices."

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/36473-windows-7-soundmax.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello! I recently upgraded my hard drive and wanted to install Windows 7 as a fresh install. Everything went clean, except for the sound drivers. I'm running an IBM, so all the support sites have been changed to Lenovo, and they don't have any Windows 7 drivers at all. They have the drivers I need for XP here. I know for a fact the drivers I need are SoundMAX. Can somebody please help me?

Computer Info:
IBM ThinkCentre S50 (8183-D7U)
2 GB Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit
2.99 GHz
Dual-Core Processor

A:Soundmax Drivers

You might want to check out some of these links from Google:

soundmax drivers "windows 7" - Google Search

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/181966-soundmax-drivers.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have Delll GX 280 and make mistake unistall the sound. I was able to install the sound by go to Dell Tech website to recover. I suggest the original drive is in the manufacture who made the hardware. You can try that. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstall-soundmax.186142/
Relevancy 37.84%

All i want to do is update my soundmax integrated digital audio sound card. I know this website has soundmax drivers but they are talking about for HP, I dont have a HP so.. uh.. do those drivers work for just a normal PC? and if not, WHERE in the heck can i find some that do, i swear ive looked for 2+ hours just for a freaking driver!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-drivers.26930/
Relevancy 37.84%

my problem happens when i load a web page. the wav volume keeps going all the way down on most pages with sound. why is that? what can i do to stop it? thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-problems.109209/
Relevancy 37.84%

I recently installed SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio, but the sound is distorted - scratchy, etc.

Any ideas? Thanks!

A:SoundMax Issues

Hi and welcome to TSF was this the latest driver have you tried a older driver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/soundmax-issues-684124.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Dear Community I have following problem I realized that my windows audio is quite low so I wanted to check the settings in the SoundMAX application But when I clocked on the icon an error window pops-up with following text quot Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library quot Runtime Error Program C SoundMAX RuntimeError Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX smax exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusal way Please contact the application s support teamfor more information quot Can somebody please help me how to solve this problem Here is attached my latest HijackThis logfile Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system SoundMAX RuntimeError svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C Program Files WhiteCanyon SecureClean scwatch exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX smax exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run PRONoMgrWired C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Software Installer - D A DEBD-C EE- f-B FB-E F A BC - C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr PkgMgr exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe file missing O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF D - E - E -BDF -D E D StagingUI Object - http zone msn com binFrameWork v StagingUI cab cab O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab YInstStarter Class - C Program Files Yahoo Common yinsthelper... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundmax-runtimeerror.576653/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I recently well it s been about a months now since i ve SoundMax Driver downloaded this Soundmax Driver My original Legacy Driver somehow disappeared- probably from me screwing with the drivers- Anyway i now have this Soundmax driver and i can t for the life of me get rid of it I ve tried just about everything I have a older Dell PC using Windows XP Service pk Did all the Maleware antivirus adware scans i could find and yes that did rid me of some junk but the Driver will not go away When i go into remove it through the Control Panel it lets me do it BUT when i restart the PC it re-installs itself I found this from SecurityStronghold com and it sounds like they have SoundMax Driver a grasp on the problem except of course they want to charge me for it I was hoping not to pay the clams that they want to charge Please help if you can Thank-you Matt From Security Stronghold soundmax virus intrusion method soundmax virus copies its file s to your hard disk Its typical file name is Then it creates new startup key with name soundmax virus and value You can also find it in your processes list with name or soundmax virus http www securitystronghold com gates soundmax-virus html

A:SoundMax Driver

Please run and updated Malwarebytes http://www.malwarebytes.org/ Use full scan mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/370405/soundmax-driver/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I have just installed W and it have gone quite well apart from the sound I have no surround sound only the front speakers are working It works fine with XP though Ive installed the same Software No 5.1 Soundmax/AC'97 sound as I did with XP No 5.1 sound Soundmax/AC'97 too The motherboard is an ECS GS Ultra With -Channel Audio Onboard No 5.1 sound Soundmax/AC'97 -channel audio CODEC supports uncompromising DVD audio quality bringing a move vivid sound experience and high-quality -channel audio without having to buy advanced sound cards ADI AD -channel audio CODEC Compliant with AC' specification Ive used the XP drivers and Soundmax software doing the following too Remove previous sound drivers you have on your computer Restart your computer after you are done installing Go to your Windows Update settings and disable both automatic download and install Navigate your browser to ECS website and search for your motherboard No 5.1 sound Soundmax/AC'97 type to get the drivers Download SoundMax drivers for Windows XP Once it is downloaded unpack the file with your favorite ZIP uncompressor Click on setup exe but don t run it Right click on the setup exe and go to Properties Set it as Windows XP compatible Run the setup exe to install the sound drivers on your computer Once it is done restart your machine

A:No 5.1 sound Soundmax/AC'97

Doesn't matter, Ive bought another sound card (Soundblaster Live 24) and I now have full sound

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/122194-no-5-1-sound-soundmax-ac97.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys,

I installed my Audigy 2 zs and disabled my mobo sound card but in the "add and remove programs" SoundMax it's still listed in there.

It's file size is blank and when I click "change/remove" it does nothing.

Thanks for the help.

A:How do I delete SoundMax?

Loho,

It sounds like it's actually gone, but the uninstall program failed to remove the entry from the ADD/Remove index.

Look through your folder lists with Windows Explorer and see if there is a Folder related to SoundMax. If you find it, delete it.

One of the "Power Toys" downloads...appropriate for your Op/Sys, will remove the entry from Add/Remove Programs for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-delete-soundmax.315036/
Relevancy 37.84%

I'm using Windows 7 32bit version.. I've found all drivers except audio...

My Driver works, but there are lots of audio lags... sound is good and then suddenly it dissapears.. ;(
By the way, I'm using Asus p5B Deluxe Motherboard..

where, how can I find it, ppl?
thanks before :*

A:SoundMax Drivers

Sorry for double post, but i write this in other thread too and it fit also there:
I think I have probably the same problem (chip AD1988 or 1888 I always don't remember). I have distort only in mp3 or some games/ movies. But i find some strange thing when I change in AIMP -> Equalizer -> REVERB to max: MP3 files are playing mostly ok! I installed/uninstalled all of available drivers: Microsoft when install Win 7(recognize Standart High Definition Audio?), Soundmax from ASUS site (mobo A5B - XP, VISTA 32), beta drivers to win 7 and always have that ****ty distort. Please check with Aimp re-verb maybe it is the same problem, and the solution isn't in drivers but in right codecs...

I'm afraid maybe my card is broken - but if there are other person maybe not

Of course i have Win 7 RC7100 (32 - bit).

I must also check the network on board card because - I don't have this problem from beginning - i think maybe when my network card where updated by windows update.. Do you use your on-board network card? (Card have 1 issue on this new drivers:/ it boot my computer when router connect to ISP(1 time per day) - even when I off option "This device can turn on your PC"(or something)) .

Sorry for my English

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/12461-soundmax-drivers.html
Relevancy 37.84%

New Soundmax driver, also for Win 7 (not only AD2000, also AD1988, tested by myself with Win7/64)

I just received a new Asus Crosshair II Formula motherboard from RMA the Crosshair, excellence Asus tech support. And this new SoundMax driver work great!

Code:
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/aud ... 0_Win7.zip

A:New Soundmax driver!

Quote: Originally Posted by hata28

New Soundmax driver, also for Win 7 (not only AD2000, also AD1988, tested by myself with Win7/64)

I just received a new Asus Crosshair II Formula motherboard from RMA the Crosshair, excellence Asus tech support. And this new SoundMax driver work great!

Code:
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/misc/aud ... 0_Win7.zip

Thanks alot, do u have any idea if its compatible with all versions of windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/12594-new-soundmax-driver.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have just installed an ASUS K8N-VM motherboard and am having problems installing the audio drivers. Whenever I try to install the Soundmax drivers downloaded from the ASUS website they get most of the way through installation and then throw up an error message "Drivers not found. Reboot and try again", needless to say I have tried this several times.
All of the other drivers installed as normal, I downloaded the drivers because the driver disc with the motherboard could not be read, despite trying it on 3 machines, this is a problem I have found before with ASUS driver discs.
Has anyone any suggestions as to how I can get the sound to work?

A:Soundmax Drivers

Try looking at the sound card chipset usually towards the rear of the mobo, note down the part number/s on top of the chip then go to drivers.com etc or even try a google search and get a driver (hopefully a different one than Asus's).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-drivers.55641/
Relevancy 37.84%

Well for the last few months I've been having trouble with my microphone picking up sound from my headphones. I have a pair of Icemat Siberias with microphone included (w/o usb soundcard) and it seems like i cant find the problem. I have 2 soundcards, one onboard and a 5.1 sound card. Both are enabled, but i used the soundmax integrated digital audio for microphone and my headphones.Heres a screenshot of the volume properties. http://i35.tinypic.com/2aeuco.jpgCan anyone help me out here?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166722/soundmax-and-c-media/
Relevancy 37.84%

Is now solution for Soundmax audio drivers for windows 7?

A:Soundmax drivers.

Post back, and fill out your system specs - motherboard for PC, or laptop's name are the most important , also your sound card's details in this case. The vista drivers work most of the time, and sometimes you can get an XP driver to work.

To resolve the OS mismatch if the drivers wont install normally do the following :

To install a driver OR program in compatibility mode - right click the setup.exe file - click properties - click compatibility - check run in compatibility with vista/xp etc - check run as administrator - leave the rest blank. Start setup.exe and install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/24528-soundmax-drivers.html
Relevancy 37.84%

For a few months I've had no sound on my computer. I'm not sure if the two are related or if it was just a coincidence, but I know that it happened when I updated my graphics driver, which is integrated into my Dell DE051. I tried to roll back the graphics driver, update the audio driver, reinstall these drivers and even do a system restore. None of this made any difference and I have no idea what the problem is. I have absolutely no sound except for buzzing and cracking coming from my speakers which somehow seems to be effected by my mouse movement?... but happens constantly anyway. I have SoundMAX, and if it matters, the integrated graphics are Extreme Graphics II, whatever that is. Someone please help!

A:No sound at all with SoundMAX

If this is a retail computer, what is the make and model number?
If custom built, what is the make and model number of the motherboard?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277363/no-sound-at-all-with-soundmax/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello everybody, i've tried every trick i've found on this and just about every other tech support forum, but no luck, see, I just installed a new hard drive on july 30, this year, and all is well, except, I have absolutely no audio, and i've installed soundmax, reinstalled it,made sure it was enabled, looked in the audio devices menu, but still no luck. In the audio devices menu, everything is greyed and it says no audio device even though i've installed soundmax. I run an inspiron 100 with a new 80 GB Western Digital Hard Drive. P.S. Forgive spelling errors

Relevancy 37.41%

here s my problem more specifically I can t hear system sounds browser sounds and any sound coming from shockwave flash or Java I can hear my audio problems SoundMAX games perfectly fine same with all of my music and my movies I go to Sounds and Audio Devices in the control panel and I find that apparently Windows won t reconize my intergrated sound even though it worked fine before but move over to the hardware tab there it is I SoundMAX audio problems go to dxdiag to test my sound and directsound reconizes it perfectly and sound plays but there still isn t any SoundMAX audio problems system sounds or any sounds coming from Firefox or IE anyone can tell me what s wrong EDIT After a restart not even my movies games and music SoundMAX audio problems have sound anymore Double EDIT the sound was working fine until I installed Unreal Tournament anyone know of any sound bugs in it EDIT again I ve tied updating the driver downloading a driver from Dell downloading a driver from Soundmax deleting the driver and letting Windows find it after a restart which it did but still doesn t give me sound and looking for maware l nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I am a member by Skype, and I have to adjust my "sondMax 3.0" but when I try to open it I see a note .. registery entery is corrupted and to find solution I take the advice from tech support Guy to apply for a program called driver detective and after all the screen and work he found many drivers have to be updatet but I still have the same problem. all what I want to whom this program belong without more cost for nothing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-to-restore-soundmax-3-0.984800/
Relevancy 37.41%

Well, I have a Dell Dimension 8300. I recently reinstalled Windows, and it looks like I need to reinstall my sound drivers (FYI; I'm computer-deficient. I can't figure things out to save my life). I can't find the right files to install to fix it, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

I tried this file: er.. it won't let me post the link... but it looks like it's not the right one, telling me it can't find the correct driver or something or other.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:SoundMAX Digital Drivers

If you go to the Dell website and enter your Dell service tag number, it should give you a list of drivers for your model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-digital-drivers.91113/
Relevancy 37.41%

I put Windows Developer's Preview on this computer a few weeks ago and have not had any issues 'til yesterday I had no audio I checked the drivers checked the cables speakers powersupply for the subwoofer speakers and couldn't find anything wrong Except no audio but I didn't realize it until today A few minutes ago I was looking in to this again and remembered I set up an account for testing on this machine yesterday and logged in to it Once logged in The SoundMax app began an autorun for the new user and I canceled it it wasn't pertinent to the test I ran my tests logged out logged back in to my usual account and deleted that test account I issue SoundMax audio didn't make the SoundMax audio issue connection right away because I generally don't listen to anything on the PC but as I tried to watch a SoundMax audio issue video this afternoon I realized I had no audio So upon that epiphany I created yet another account waited for the SoundMax app to run and this time I followed all the prompts Lo and behold now I have audio Let me remind you I did check all of the audio drivers and they were fine So is this proper behavior for Windows Should it allow the actions or non-action in this case in a non-administrator account to impact other accounts' functionality Microsoft says no

A:SoundMax audio issue

yes i too installed windows 8 preview on my laptop and im now experiencing a no sound problem, ive tried everything i could think of to enable it and still nothing. i'll try setting up another account and see what happens

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/5011-soundmax-audio-issue.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I treid to install my SupremeFx II card on my Asus Maximus Formula, when i got this error that the "soundmax driver cannot load, try reinstalling again". I got the new drivers from Asus , also from Sonic Focus , same problem. If i let Vista use the drivers it puts , i have sound but i dont have the Blackhawk working, its saying the driver stopped the application from running. I have sound in test speakers ,but i need the AUX and the Bass , something that i cant use with the generic options in Vista sound.
Any sugestions pls?
I have Vista 64 Ultime running .
Can it be a problem from the audio that Ati HD4870 has, or something like that.
Waiting for some help.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/182105-soundmax-blackhawk-app-problem.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I have a problem with my Soundmax array mic on windows the volume is very low and when I use mic boost the sound is of very poor quality with annoying static Does anyone know some good drivers for this sound card that will work on windows bit I have no problems whatsoever with audio playback just the microphone has problems AD1988B on Soundmax Array Mic L E After fiddling with lots and lots of drivers I found a modified version with the new Soundmax panel problem is although the microphone works as expected in the sound card software in windows and other apps it still has the same problems M L E Made it using the v driver wich you have to mod to Soundmax Array Mic on AD1988B make it work on some ADI sound cards more details about modding in the -rd post of this topic http www nforcershq com forum -vt r asc amp amp start I couldn't make head or tail of it so I just installed them over a modded version of the Soundmax Array Mic on AD1988B drivers

A:Soundmax Array Mic on AD1988B

Does anyone know of 32-bit drivers that will work with my Asus P5E3?

It has the same ADI AD1988 sound card I believe, but right now I can't get any meaningful sound output yet, as I'm not game to try the manufacturers vista/xp disc. I'd rather head direct to something more suitable if it exists.

Any thoughts? Or should I just bust out the Vista drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/5754-soundmax-array-mic-ad1988b.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi,

I have soundmax soudn card with 5.1 repro, and they work in 5.1 only when sonic focus funcion is turned on, othewise it is just stereo, anyway if i run any application then all other background applications cahnge to 2.0 too ( example : i want to listen to radio while playing wow so i run some streamed radion and it still plays 5.1 then i run wow and it switches to 2.0 it is simillar with skype always when i run it it switches to 2.0)

any ideas please ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/5-1-surround-sound-with-soundmax-475568.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Windows SoundMax Microphone Fix Microphone SoundMax Fix Windows (8/8.1) 10 nbsp I did this on a TouchSmart - a but from experience I think this may be a near universal fix nbsp I upgraded a family members HP PC to Windows and found her microphone wasn't recognised It seemed universal for all SoundMax cards on Windows nbsp The Windows driver from HP or otherwise will not allow me to install Windows 10 (8/8.1) SoundMax Microphone Fix it even with normal work arounds nbsp Microsoft uses a generic driver and the microphone is no where to be found nbsp nbsp It may look intimidating split into so many steps but it will take about two minutes in total nbsp Ideally you will want your specific PC Laptop manufacturer's driver nbsp Acer Asus Dell etc nbsp In this case it's nbsp HP nbsp Step nbsp Download SoundMax Windows Driver nbsp nbsp bit nbsp nbsp http whp-aus cold extweb hp com pub softlib software COL pv- - sp exe nbsp nbsp Step nbsp Download zip Windows 10 (8/8.1) SoundMax Microphone Fix Open Source detections on VirusTotal com nbsp nbsp VirusTotal com Results nbsp http www zip org nbsp http www -zip org a z -x msi nbsp Step nbsp Install zip Double click on it click Install nbsp Step nbsp Right click on downloaded driver file and extract using zip gt Extract to nbsp Step nbsp Open device manager nbsp Click nbsp Sound video and game controllers gt nbsp High Definition Audio Device nbsp Then nbsp Update Driver gt Browse my computer for driver software gt Select extracted folder with Windows SoundMax driver in it nbsp Step nbsp Done I even got a tidy Successfull window nbsp My microphone is now in the Sound control panel box and under Recording devices when I right click the system tray icon Skype recognises it etc nbsp Leave comments with what specific desktop and laptop models this does or doesn't work for to help others nbsp nbsp bit SoundMax HD Driver from HP I have not tested this method using the bit nbsp version nbsp http whp-hou cold extweb hp com pub softlib software COL pv- - sp exe nbsp Screenshots nbsp http oi tinypic com e srb jpghttp oi tinypic com pk jpghttp oi tinypic com xoc jpg

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi i've accidently uninstalld my Soundmax when i was cleaning the computer removing all the useless programs and such i know i ran the uninstall on it but i never look'd if it was soundmax.

now i try to reinstall it again but when it starts to load it says '' Cant Find the Driver Routine '' and that i should restart the computer and try again ive tried several times and keep saying the same messege. until i looked into google for a solution and i found this site anyone can help me please?

A:Re-installing Soundmax Problem

You need to provide specs on a number of things for anyone to have clue where to start.

Click to download then run Everest Home. From top of Everest window:

Click File->Preferences
Check English
Then (still under Preferences) click Report and uncheck Include Debug Information
Close Preferences window

Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report report in plain text. Check these items
Computer
Motherboard
Sound

Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)
Report any Device Manager problem devices

Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. (It may take a short while till a new windows appears)
Expand Components (click + sign next to it)
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click it, then Edit->Select All then Edit->Copy and then paste into your next post
Generate a DirectX report
click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Advanced Reply)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/re-installing-soundmax-problem.114869/
Relevancy 37.41%

I recently connected a faulty HDD to my working PC and it trashed it. I have managed to get it to boot now and reinstalled the graphics but the Soundmax drivers will not reinstall.
I have tried downloading fresh drivers, and using the original motherboard driver disk, but I keep getting 'driver not found! reboot your system and run this setup again'.
I have tried this but it doesn't work, neither does the install hardware wizard and soundmax doesn't appear in device manager. I have tried system restore and also tried to install soundmax in safe mode - nothing works.

A:Soundmax driver not found

This computer was a dual boot XP and Vista and as the sound failed on both partitions I thought it was hardware related, but ..... formatted and reinstalled the XP and the Soundmax reinstalled from the MB driver CD with no problem. The Vista partition has now been reinstalled and this is OK now.
Has anyone any idea what happened here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundmax-driver-not-found.679883/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello everyone.

I have re-installed a windows XP Pro on my generic chinese PC (so full of virus / spyware, that it could barely work).

The new win XP has been installed apart from the old one, they are now side by side and I can switch from one to another at startup (of course, my intention is to terminate the first windows XP once all software drivers are installed for the second one).

I now find myself without a soundcard driver. I never had the installation disc.
previously I was running on SOUNDMAX. But the installer i could find on the net didn't work.

When i go back to first win XP, i can find the drivers of the multimedia audio controller (in system 32), but transfering them in the new system 32 doesn't seem to do the job.

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance
Cedric

A:Soundcard driver Soundmax?

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop.

Click on the + sign beside 'Computer', then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY Top of the screen and click on 'report'.

Note: the 'Very Top' isn't one line down, it means what it says.

Cursor over 'quick report-summary' and then click on 'plain text' and then click on 'save to file' and change the 'save in' folder to 'Desktop' and then click 'Save'.

Clear all your open windows and on the Desktop click on that 'report.txt' icon - this will open it in a text editor
(probably Notepad) and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the 'debug' entries and delete them, then use your mouse to hilight all the remaining text then copy and paste it to here.

For future reference: once you open Everest, click on file, preferences, report and uncheck the 'include debug information in the report' box. People rarely want to see that stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundcard-driver-soundmax.113405/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys, When i turn my PC on and try too install SoundMAX audio, it comes up saying this

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=driverwg7.jpg

And i dont have a clue what to do!

Any advice would be much appretiated!

Thanks

I am running Windows XP Home Edition Btw

A:SoundMAX Driver not found

sorry i will re post it in windows XP, made a miss click

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundmax-driver-not-found.525614/