Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 Event Viewer Problem: Connecting as another user is only supported when connecting to a computer running Windows Vista or later

Q: Windows 7 Event Viewer Problem: Connecting as another user is only supported when connecting to a computer running Windows Vista or later

I need to connect to a Windows 2003 server via my Windows 7 PC's Event Viewer. It is a non-domain server, so I need to provide different user credentials for the Windows 2003 server. The Windows 7 Event Viewer displays this error when I try to connect
to the Windows 2003 server: Connecting as another user is only supported when connecting to a computer running Windows Vista or later.

This is not acceptable. I need to be able to manage/view event logs on th Win 2003 machine from my Win 7 desktop. This all worked fine using my Windows XP Event Viewer and now it is broken in Windows 7. How can I connect the Windows
7 Event Viewer to view logs on a Windows 2003 server with different user credentials?

Thanks,
J McNemarJ McNemar

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64f2e2c0-cc5f-4749-9c7b-0bddc6b17882/windows-7-event-viewer-problem-connecting-as-another-user-is-only-supported-when-connecting-to-a?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 Event Viewer Problem: Connecting as another user is only supported when connecting to a computer running Windows Vista or later

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 97.61%

I have tried to connect my computer to my tv with an S-Video cable. However, I cannot seem to get the image to show on the tv. Windows Vista does not have the classic desktop setup. Is there something I need to setup on the computer first.

Using TV with an S-Video input
HP computer with Windows Vista
32 ft. S-Video cable

Please Help.

A:Connecting tv to windows vista computer

hi try right clicking on a blank space on your desktop choose personalise then on the next page choose display settings you can configure your tv as a second monitor

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-tv-to-windows-vista-computer-372806.html
Relevancy 94.6%

After too many The 8.1 supported is request logs. Pro, (50) Viewer cannot open Win not event Event unexplained problems I decided to reinstall Windows Pro x and migrate off of SBS Standard In addition to the primary workstation that can't read any event logs I built five Server R servers Hyper-V host Active Directory VM Exchange VM SQL Server VM Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) and WSUS VM I was diagnosing why my workstation's Outlook cannot reach the local Exchange Server nbsp nbsp I tried to look at the event logs and Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) found the Event Viewer cannot open the event log or custom view nbsp Verify that Event Log service is running it is or the query is too long whatever that indicates nbsp The request is not supported Looking at the directory of the event logs folder nbsp It appears that most logs are empty which is understandable since Win 8.1 Pro, Event Viewer cannot open event logs. The request is not supported (50) it's a rebuilt installation nbsp I found a small number of Applications and Services Logs and it appears nothing was logged since six days ago on nbsp nbsp On support forums I found many have this exact problem on Win Win and Win nbsp Of the solutions posted none of them would even execute on my Win Pro x machine nbsp I tried clearing the event logs WEVTUTIL CL logfilename and am told Failed to clear log The request is not supported nbsp It's very difficult to diagnose why Outlook cannot reach Exchange even if Outlook is installed on the Exchange server machine just as a test nbsp The web-based Outlook owa ecp all work fine nbsp Email is coming and going nbsp nbsp This may appear cynical but I'm sure Microsoft would tell me to refresh the Windows Pro X machine even though I just reinstalled from scratch nbsp Let's clarify I had to Install Win Pro to upgrade to Pro in order to upgrade that to Windows Pro nbsp I tested the refresh some time ago and found it left my machine in a mess nbsp That is why I'm doing a complete new installation I already tried SFC nbsp Someone must understand the problem so a solution can be found and documented When I discuss this rebuild effort of workstation and servers I tell people if this doesn't work out then I'll make the move to Linux nbsp I have many Linux and UNIX workstations and servers sitting around here so the temptation is eating away at me br type moz - Michael Faklis

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22647500-d985-42bd-b156-6b699d7f941f/win-81-pro-event-viewer-cannot-open-event-logs-the-request-is-not-supported-50?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi Im new to this site I hope im posting in the right thread useless with this sorry I dont know much about computer but I am fairly good at following instructions any help would be greatly appreciated new, a my problem Hi laptop Help?? Vista Windows connecting im the internet, to have iv been at this alday amp have got no closer to solving this problem I recently got a Virgin Media Super Hub which my Windows XP computer connects fine to using the Ethernet cable my problem is though when Hi im new, have a problem connecting my Windows Vista laptop to the internet, Help?? I try to connect my wireless 'Compaq Laptop' to it using 'Windows Vista' it says I have a strong internet connection but Hi im new, have a problem connecting my Windows Vista laptop to the internet, Help?? the internet page wont load it says 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage' Iv rang Virgin media amp spoke to numerous people to try to fix the problem but after hours on the phone they say my problem is that my 'Atheros AR b g WiFi Adaptor' is not compatible with this hub so I need to update it So I clicked on update amp my laptop says that it has installed the best available for my computer iv also tried downloading 'Hardware Helper' amp run a scan which it reports back that I need to update drivers but when i try to do so it asks me to register amp pay I didnt want to do this incase it opens a virus or at least until i know that that this is actually my problem Please help Thanks Jodie

A:Hi im new, have a problem connecting my Windows Vista laptop to the internet, Help??

can you use the laptop with an ethernet cable? try this driver

good luck

edit, this one appears to be newer http://download.cnet.com/Atheros-AR5..._4-494698.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hi-im-new-have-a-problem-connecting-my-windows-vista-laptop-to-the-internet-help-537114.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Okay here s the deal I have a Toshiba Satellite A Laptop Running Windows Vista My neighbor has a wireless connection that he lets me connect to Every thing has been going great for a couple Network Wireless Connecting On Problem Windows to Vista of weeks but now all of a sudden when I connect to the wireless network it connects but is quot Local Only quot I have tried many things but found no solution I have changed some settings and then changed them back Including windows Problem Connecting to Wireless Network On Windows Vista firewall and my antivirus software When I am connected on the now local only network and I run CMD and then type IPCONFIG I get this ANy help would be greatly appreciated Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt IPCONFIGALL IPCONFIGALL is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file C Users David gt IPCONFIG Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe efe Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp

A:Problem Connecting to Wireless Network On Windows Vista

Please be advised that this is against the terms of service for the ISP, and against the rules here at TSG. I suggest a reading of the TSG Rules pertaining to illegal activities.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-wireless-network-on-windows-vista.710322/
Relevancy 92.88%

I have JVC laptop Vista connecting running Dell a XPS a A problem GY-HD101E to M1330 a Dell XPS M with Windows Vista I recently started a project which requires a lot of video editing and was handed a JVC GY-HD E camera Everything has gone smoothly except I can t seem to import my videos from the A problem connecting a JVC GY-HD101E to a Dell XPS M1330 laptop running Vista camera to my computer through Windows Movie Maker and the IEEE firewire port When I start my computer with the firewire cable plugged in A problem connecting a JVC GY-HD101E to a Dell XPS M1330 laptop running Vista a window appears in Windows which says quot Installing driver software quot and the new hardware is identified as a quot Digital A problem connecting a JVC GY-HD101E to a Dell XPS M1330 laptop running Vista Still Camera quot The first step of the install is called quot Searching preconfigured driver folders quot and it usually fails within seconds However I was able to go further in the process one time I deleted the file called INFCACHE in the C Windows inf folder which seems according to my net research to have caused a lot of driver problems After restarting the process began again and got to the second step which was searching through windows update for a driver a driver was found which seemed to be downloaded and the installed so the process finished However it didn t seem to change anything since Windows Movie Maker didin t find any camera and when I restarted the driver process began again and failed once again I also tried connecting the camera to a friends iBook but it didn t even find the camera I have spent the better part of the last two days searching the web for clues for how to fix this but I have yet been unsuccesful The deletion of the file INFCACHE seems to have been something more than a dead end but still it didn t solve the problem Does anyone have a suggestion to what I could do nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-problem-connecting-a-jvc-gy-hd101e-to-a-dell-xps-m1330-laptop-running-vista.733861/
Relevancy 90.3%

Guys I am getting this error - times each day I pulled up the Windows Event Viewer and here is my biggest one The application-specific permission Event in Windows Errors Viewer Vista settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with Event Viewer Errors in Windows Vista CLSID C A - C - D - F - F CD to the user Helen-PC Helen SID S- - - - - - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool Detail info - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt Event Viewer Errors in Windows Vista System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Helen-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - - - - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt application-specific lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Local lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Activation lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt C A - C - D - F - F CD lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Helen-PC lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Helen lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt S- - - - - - - lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt LocalHost Using LRPC lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/event-viewer-errors-in-windows-vista.839713/
Relevancy 89.87%

My daughter has a Netbook with Windows 7, with two user ID's, one is Nicole and one is Standard. When she logs on as Standard, and opens IE, she gets the Google home page and can browse the net as normal.

When she logs on as User ID Nicole, and opens IE, it opens to an IE page that says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". when she clicks the "Diagnose Connection Problems" button, it does troubleshooting and opens a window that says the problem is that "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection". Oddly, when logged on as Nicole, it lets her sign on to AIM successfully.

It's confusing that this happens in IE with one ID and not the other, and with IE but not AOL.

Any suggestions?

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7: One of two User ID not connecting to net

Under the "Nicole" user reset the IE settings - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Also go to Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN settings -> make sure Automatically Detect is ticked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-one-of-two-user-id-not-connecting-to-net-539773.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I get two warnings and one critical in this order when event viewer Ultimate Vista Windows - 64 errors I boot up Things seem ok but would like to fix resolve the errors I did the help event online help option but technet had nothing I have pasted the below in order first the two warnings and then the on critical Please let me know what needs to be done to fix the issues Thanks Warning Log Name Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Operational Source Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Date AM Event ID Task Category Shutdown Performance Monitoring Level Warning Keywords Event Log User LOCAL SERVICE Computer TYP-PC Description Windows has shutdown Shutdown Duration ms IsDegradation false Incident Time UTC AM Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance quot Guid quot cfc ec - b - eba- b- caee b a quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Windows Vista 64 Ultimate - event viewer errors Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Windows Vista 64 Ultimate - event viewer errors Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation ActivityID quot - - -F -E D C quot gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Operational lt Channel gt lt Computer gt BLK-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownTsVersion quot gt lt Windows Vista 64 Ultimate - event viewer errors Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownStartTime quot gt - - T Z lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownEndTime quot gt - - T Z lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownUserSessionTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownUserPolicyTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownUserProfilesTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownSystemSessionsTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownPreShutdownNotificationsTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownServicesTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownKernelTime quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownRootCauseStepImprovementBits quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownRootCauseGradualImprovementBits quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownRootCauseStepDegradationBits quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownRootCauseGradualDegradationBits quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownIsDegradation quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ShutdownTimeChange quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Warning Log Name Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Operational Source Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Date AM Event ID Task Category Shutdown Performance Monitoring Level Warning Keywords Event Log User LOCAL SERVICE Computer TYP-PC Description This service caused a delay in the system shutdown process File Name SysMain Friendly Name Superfetch Service Host Version vista rtm - Total Time ms Degradation Time ms Incident Time UTC AM Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance quot Guid quot cfc ec - b - eba- b- caee b a quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation ActivityID quot - - -F -E D C quot gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance Operational lt Channel gt lt Computer gt BLK-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot StartTime quot gt - - T Z lt Data gt... Read more

A:Windows Vista 64 Ultimate - event viewer errors

Try going to Start and typing in "perfmon /report" (without the quotes) and pressing Enter.
Let us know about any errors/warnings in that report.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/188852/windows-vista-64-ultimate-event-viewer-errors/
Relevancy 89.01%

I am having issues trying to get to windows 7 to launch normally. It locked up and I had to do a hard shutdown. Now it will not launch normally. I get to the part where I enter my user password and press enter. Then screen then shows connecting with a cancel button but will go no further. I can get to my desktop in safe mode. I am suspecting a virus but haven't a clue how to resolve. I have MS Security Essentials running as my antivirus software. Any suggestions?

A:Windows 7 not connecting after entering user password

My first idea would be to use System Restore to return the PC to a date prior to the beginning of this problem.

When was that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329440-windows-7-not-connecting-after-entering-user-password.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi. I'm having problems connecting to my Windows 2000 server with my vista computer. I just recently installed vista ultimate before hand i was using xp pro.
Everytime I try to access my server it just prompts me for a username/password, i didnt set it up to have a password?? I cant seem to fix this problem any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/192967-having-problem-my-file-server-connecting-vista-computer.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,

I need some help in connecting my two laptops together using my home wifi network.
I have tried to find a tutorial on how to do this but I couldn't find a good one.

Could anyone explain how to connect two win 7 computers using wifi, or point me in the direction of a proper walk trough.

Also is it possible to have an ongoing sync between two computers? My ideal situation would be to have two identically (content wise) computers whom both synced up to a external hard drive connected to one of those computers. So e.g. every time a picture was added to the picture folder on one computer the picture would be synced to the hard drive and then to computer nr 2 automatically.
Is anything like this possible?

Thank you

A:Connecting two laptops running Windows 7?

I can't really think of a way to do it unless they were connected and synced to a server. You can always open explorer and click Network. From there you should be able to access the files on another computer. I do this for using my dads printer and getting pictures off his computer to put on Facebook.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/97756-connecting-two-laptops-running-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 86.43%

In the Event Viewer subscriptions section I clicked YES by mistake as shown above I didn t intend to create a subscription and after that in order to cancel this change I set Windows Event collector service Wecsvc s startup type to disabled from the command prompt with these commands sc stop quot Wecsvc quot and then sc config quot Wecsvc quot start disabled But later I googled it and saw that the default startup type of Wecsvc for windows Ultimate X should be set to Manual therefore I changed this from disabled to Manual from start gt gt services gt gt Windows event collector gt gt manual After these changes Wecsvc is shown as stopped from the task manager now My first question is I ve also checked Wersvc Windows error reporting service from the task manager and it is shown as Viewer problem Event subscriptions Windows stopped too From the services it is set to manual and it has no dependencies Is this Windows Event Viewer subscriptions problem the default startup type for Wersvc My second and also the most important question is Did these changes especially activating the subscriptions from the event viewer modify only the startup type of Wecsvc Windows Event Collector Service Or modify the startup type of Wersvc or any other services and or settings as well If latter is true how can I fix this Thanks in advance

A:Windows Event Viewer subscriptions problem

Today ,I noticed another problem:svchost.exe consumes too much CPU at startup(up to %70 ,twice)and then falls to normal after 3-4 minutes.I looked from the task manager the services that svchost is related:Windows Driver Foundation -User-mode Driver Framework (wudfsvc)Desktop Window Manager Session manager (UxSms)Distributed Link Tracking Client (TrkWks)Superfetch (SysMain)Program Compability Assistant Service (PcaSvc)Network Connections(Netman)Offline Files (CscService)Windows Audio Endpoint Builder (AudioEndpointBuilder)All of them are OK except CscService service because I didn't make any syncronization.And this service is running all the time.Does this service , CscService , runs at startup for windows 7 ultimate as default? (startup type = automatic(started)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457790/windows-event-viewer-subscriptions-problem/
Relevancy 86.43%

I named the printer under my tabletop XPS420 but I cannot figure out how to get my laptop to print on the printer that is under ths XPX420. On the network I see the XPS420 but I do not know how to make the laptop print to the printer named under the XPS420. Help??

A:Problem connecting laptop (vista) to printer on network under an xps420 computer. I

Could you please try to clarify what it is you are trying to achieve?

Do you have a wireless connected printer?
Is it connected to PC1 using usb and you are trying to print out from PC2?
Have you shared the printer on your network?
Do the printer work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-laptop-vista-to-printer-on-network-under-an-xps420-computer-i.905415/
Relevancy 86%

Hi,

Having issues with the Windows Event Log. It won't show. Even tried to clear it with this error. Even if I try to clear it using PowerShell I always end up in "Failed to clear log xxx. The request is not supported.".

Already tried sfc /scannow, of course restarting...

Help?

Running Windows 8.1 x64

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a7beb856-eb49-4d07-9918-79f34cdca0b6/event-viewer-could-not-clear-the-log-the-following-error-occurred-the-request-is-not-supported?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 85.14%

So I have this ongoing issue with my PC that I have seriously procrastinated on fixing... I'm trying to connect to the wifi and I know it works because my Laptop, iPhone and iPad are all connected no problem. I used to get an error saying " Local Access Only" but tonight when I turned it on (first time in 6 months) it will find my house wifi(show only two of five bars) and it will not fully connect.

Can't seem to diagnose it, and I'm hoping someone smarter than me on this forum would be able to guide me!

Best regards,
Dino R

A:Windows Vista Not Connecting to Wi-Fi

Make and model of router

What's the make and model of computer that's having issues connecting?

Is the WiFi adapter internal or external?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-not-connecting-to-wi-fi.1162728/
Relevancy 85.14%

Last night I receieved a Toshiba model:A215 for my birthday, it worked fine until I tryed connecting to the wireless internet. I can see the connections, but when I try to connect it won't let me. I tried my brothers, and my fathers. both networks are secured. what should I do?

A:Windows vista not connecting?

Check in Device Manager, do you see any yellow? or ! ?. Network adapter listing OK?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-not-connecting.1070488/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have windows vista, and for about 4 months my internet would work fine. I would just open my laptop, and my dsl modem would get a connection. And I called my dsl provider and they couldnt figure out what was wrong, so now everytime i want to get connected to the internet, i have to manually connect myself to my dsl provider. If i dont do that, then i dont have a connection and they said it may be something with my computer. Any suggestions to make it work how it use to?

A:Windows Vista Not connecting to DSL

wireless or cable? are you behind a router?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-not-connecting-to-dsl-223261.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Vista Ultimate.
My problem is that when I Log In to the Administrator Mode I start seeing many errors pop up.
List of errors:
“Catalyst Contol Centre: Host application has stopped working”
“Input Personalization Server has stopped working.”
“Unable to create Temporary folder. Error5-Access is denied.”
Windows Explorer doesn’t work
In addition to this I can’t get into some applications and they sometimes get errors. I can however get into Internet Exployer but not Firefox. The strange thing is that when I Switch Users and Log into the non administator mode everything works fine. I realized all this was happening when I was trouble shooting a bug in the Adobe software with Adobe technical support. I turns out I can’t fix the Adobe problem until I fix this or so they say.

A:Problem running applications in Administrator User Mode in Windows Vista Ultimate.

Hi and welcome to TSG what admin account are you using

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-running-applications-in-administrator-user-mode-in-windows-vista-ultimate.925666/
Relevancy 84.28%

hey I ve been having problems trying to connect my cellphone to my computer i recently bought an HP Pavillion DV and I haven t been able to use bluetooth I have a motorola v and i ve had the same phone for awhile with my last laptop I had no problems connecting to it and sharing files but there seems to be a problem with this laptop because the cellphone works fine with another devices I went to control panel and then selected Not Vista-Bluetooth connecting Windows anything. to bluetooth devices obviously there was none so i went to options and clicked on Allow bluetooth devices to find this computer but when i click on apply or ok i get an error message saying quot an error occurred while Windows was saving your settings The Bluetooth device might be unplugged The following settings were not saved Discoverability settings Connection settings quot I don t really know what to do i went online looking for answers but there isn t really any nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-bluetooth-not-connecting-to-anything.599168/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi everybody,

Good day..

Is there any best way to connect Vista Users to Novell 4.1

karthik

A:Connecting windows Vista With Novell 4.1

hmm; WHY? Novell is old and not current technology; it was primarily used in the
corporate world, not by home users.

Novell uses IPX/SPX protocols which can be added to your NIC card if required.
Your firewall would need rules for the ports shown here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-windows-vista-with-novell-4-1.127937/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi to not Windows connecting Vista internet I am using a windows vista Windows Vista not connecting to internet computer It is not connecting to the internet It does connect to the router I have tried changing the DNS server The initial error I get is that it cannot connect to the DNS server The exact message is quot Cannot Communicate with Primary DNS Server quot I m including the command prompt for the ipconfig C gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DANNYJO-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Linksys Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - E- C- - -BA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ce b d e fe Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday June PM Lease Expires Monday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F - CA- - B- B BB br CF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Windows Vista not connecting to internet

Maybe that server is down. Have you checked with your ISP?

You could try an OpenDNS server on your router: https://www.opendns.com/start

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-not-connecting-to-internet.725728/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

I have a couple of Windows XP computers and a couple of Vista computers. I share files, printers etc. and it all runs great.

One of the family has been away, and now they have come back their laptop won't connect to the XP computers. It connects to the Vista (and Win7) computers just fine.

It must be something wrong with the laptop, as my other Vista/Win7 computers connect fine to the XP ones perfectly.
I have tried disabling firewalls.

The error I get is:
Windows Cannot Access \\COMPNAME

If I click diagnose I get:
"COMPNAME" is not a valid hostname

The laptop is running Windows Vista Home 32bit with SP1, using it's wireless connection. One of the XP machines is wireless, the other is wired and both are XP Pro 32bit with SP3.

Can anybody help me out please?
Many thanks...

A:Windows Vista laptop not connecting to XP machines. Other vista computers are fine...

I have a similar issue with my new Vista 64 Home Premium HP Laptop as well
Actually I can see the share folders from the XP (to the laptop) but I get a access error when vista trys to connects to the XP Desktop.

It could be norton but it seems unlikely...as the XP connect ok to the Vista Laptop

after some googles and so forth I have not found a soultion yet

Kevin

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/212389-windows-vista-laptop-not-connecting-xp-machines-other-vista-computers-fine.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi I m looking for some networking help for a problem I can t seem to solve I can connect to the internet via Ethernet LAN and I can connect via mobile broadband dongle but I can only connect to any wireless network as local only The problem seemed to start when i accessed the router and configured an encrypted connection After this the router wouldn t talk to any of the laptops in the house so I restored the router to default settings and the network then was recognised and connected to by every other PC except mine which was the laptop I used to configure the router in the first place I have followed all the advice that google has pointed to on many forums and restarted routers restarted laptop restarted the DHCP client checked in the registry that the DhcpConnEnableBcastFlagToggle is at Under some more forum advice I have to not router internet Windows but to Vista connecting run cmd and ipconfig all and here is the output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Hanne gt ipconfig Windows Vista connecting to router but not to internet all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Hanne-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled Windows Vista connecting to router but not to internet No Wireless Windows Vista connecting to router but not to internet LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- E-B -FF- F DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ca ac cc Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- - - - - - - -E - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E B-BD - - F - B A br AC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Hanne gt I think that the problem lies in the fact that the DHCP is not enabled but I can t seem to find a way to solve the problem Can anyone give me some advice on what this output represents and how to solve the problem please Thanks in anticipation nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

Hello everyone I have a rather sticky problem which I m hoping can be solved I will try to be as in-depth as possible so forgive me if this is a lot to read I just got Vista network, not but to Internet Windows connecting my new computer a Dell XPS running vista My other computer is a Dell Dimension running XP The Dimension has been and is currently hooked up to the internet via a Toshiba PCX cable modem I have set up a network I think between the two computers and the XPS connects to the dimension but it cannot connect to the internet Several years ago I bought a Netgear wireless G router a WGR version After literally dozens of attempts at getting it working Windows Vista connecting to network, but not Internet I packed away the router and forgot about it until this weekend when my new computer arrived The Windows Vista connecting to network, but not Internet XPS has a wireless receiver built in and I also plugged in a Windows Vista connecting to network, but not Internet wireless receiver card also from Netgear I had alot of trouble getting the router working today and I ultimately had to hook up the router to the new computer just to be able to access it s settings Netgear wireless routers are configured by connecting the router to the computer and going to quot routerlogin net quot in your web browser but this doesn t work on my dimension I also tried typing in the IP address of the router and that didn t work either After hooking it up into the XPS and configuring a network named WORKGROUP I rewired the router to my cable modem and Dimension as instructed in the manual The internet works fine obviously and the router is working correctly However I STILL cannot access the router s setting which is extremely frustrating and even after a day of internet searching I could find no way of attempting to access the router s setting which actually worked for me Getting my router to work went something like this Plug it in correctly to dimension turn on dimension no internet connection wireless light on router not lit Unplug cable modem replug in internet works but no wireless light Reset router using button on back repeat previous steps same results Hook up router to new XPS open internet explorer Hallelujah the address routerlogin net works From here I am expecting to be able to edit the setting of the router and tailor them to the dimension to which it is not currently plugged in and then plug it back in to the dimension and have it working Instead there is no option for this and it only offers the options to automatically set up the networking information or to quit What the heck let s try auto networking It can t find an internet connection because the XPS is hooked up to the router only just to access it s settings Ok two can play at this game Drag entire table with XPS monitor speakers and everything close enough to the cable jack coming out of the wall Hook up cable modem and wireless router into XPS correctly as shown in the manual Open IE on XPS routerlogin net works still Go through auto networking picks up a quot dynamic IP quot internet connection sets up network Wireless light lights up on router Plug cable modem and router back into normal computer drag new computer back to it s spot Turn on normal computer and internet works and wireless light remains lit My XPS is running windows vista When I turn it on it picks up the signal with an excellent signal strength and says that I am connected to an quot unidentified quot network connection I cannot access the internet on my XPS When I go into the networking windows on my dimension all it shows is quot shareddocs quot on this computer The XPS doesn t show up I have no idea where to go or what to do I ve never done the whole networking thing before It shows they are connected on the XPS and not the dimension I ve heard everything from DHCP to WEP encryption and I m not sure what options I need to configure and how Here is my information from the dimension Wireless Network... Read more

Relevancy 83.42%

Toshiba laptop connected through wireless router (with Vista installed) recognizes the network printer (hp deskjet 3820) which is installed on a Dell with Windows XP. When tyrying to print, the laptop acknowledges the page has been sent to the printer however nothing prints.
Both computers have been set up allowing for sharing printer.
Any ideas?
Thanks for your help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-network-printer-vista-to-windows-xp.590933/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello I want to start off by saying I am new here and if you need any more information please to bit Vista Windows connecting Firefox 64 not websites; ask and I will try to provide Please see the end of the post for a quick list of what I have Firefox not connecting to websites; Windows Vista 64 bit tried further details are scattered throughout the post I have a problem with my computer I am running Windows Vista bit with two GB ram The computer is a HP Pavilion dv entertainment laptop I use a wired data connection most of the time if I used wifi in an example I'll specify that in the given example I have been expieriencing this problem since about Saturday June th I first noticed my problem when I attempted to load youtube com in my Firefox browser bit The website would show the spinning loading circle in the top right however nothing would be loaded Checking the Task manager there was no netowork activity The Firefox process wasn't using excessive CPU or RAM Eventually I noticed that some other websites were not loading properly I've recently attempted to load that website in my other installed browsers Google Chrome and Internet Explorer to no avail At one point I ran a Malwarebytes antivirus scan It found nothing However when I proceded with a system restore to several days before this problem was detected the problem was fixed less than hours later however the problem is back again I am currently running an Avast Free Antivirus quick scan and plan on following it with a full scan which often takes hours and will be willing to include any logs the compute rmight have made However I have uninstalled Malwarebytes which was never set to be active it didn't load at boot only when I launch it manually from my desktop It is worth mentioning that I have recently used my phone's g data connection as my primary internet All last week I would play Robocraft through Steam and World of Tanks sometimes through steam sometimes not particularly when I ran World of Tanks along with Teamspeak gb ram issue It is also worth mentioning that I did not notice this issue until after I installed Teamspeak However Teamspeak was uninstalled during my system restore and I can't download it again due to the browser not loading the website On a side note I recently installed Ubuntu as a side Operating System dual boot however I did this as a response to the browser not loading websites and it was done after the system restore I belive it is also worth mentioning a little history as to the computer particularly that I do not know much I inheritied the laptop from my dad's file cabinet where it had been stored in the garage for several years the better part of the laptop's life I'd reckon When I recieved it it had a number of issues with malware This prompted me to search and destroy coming across a bleepingcomputer com post I ended up using a combination of Rougekiller Adwclearner Malwarebytes and Combofixer to fix most if not all of the problems At any rate I saw no more problems with how it ran pardoning its lack of ram and disk speed creating a bottleneck Ever since then I have had Avast Free Antivirus running Please note It has been nearly a year since I used these tools and I do not believe that they are causing the issue at hand On a seperate note several months ago I found out that Rougekiller had the ability to reset some redirect files on my computer I went ahead and did that I don't remember clearly it had something to do with malware sometimes will redirect your computer from a legit website google com to a different website xxx com Roguekiller can reset the file in windows that the malware has edited to default and therefore rid any false redirects The process of using rougekiller to reset the file went by without any major hiccups There was no obvious change in the behavor of the internet on my computer I hope all of this information is helpful I'm open to suggestions helpful tips and as always if you give me directions and request a log ... Read more

A:Firefox not connecting to websites; Windows Vista 64 bit

Welcome aboard  Did you try some other browser like IE to see if it has same issue?  Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with admin... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579586/firefox-not-connecting-to-websites;-windows-vista-64-bit/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hiya,

We are having new wardrobes put in the room where our PC computer usually sits and have had to dismantle it for the time being. I would like to still be able to print using my laptop but we have an HP Deskjet 3845 printer and, of course, its programme disk does not support Vista.

Is there any site where I can download a driver and programme for this printer to work with Vista, or is this not possible?

Compused

A:Connecting HP Deskjet Printer to HP laptop running on Vista

Install a wireless printserver on the printer and connect to it wirelessly to the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-hp-deskjet-printer-to-hp-laptop-running-on-vista.128207/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi keep getting the errors above every startup regarding - Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications - The Crypkey License service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified - The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load NetworkX - Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards DETAIL - user registry handles 7026), 7: viewer event Windows freeze. and errors intellipoint Event (11, 7000, leaked from Registry User S- - - - - - - Classes Process Device HarddiskVolume Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe has opened key REGISTRY USER S- - - - - - - CLASSES - The content source lt csc S- - - - - - Windows 7: Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. - gt cannot be accessed Context Application SystemIndex Catalog Details HRESULT x x I have admin user profiles Each time I login the loading happens and then I notice my side mouse button of Microsoft Comfort Optical doesnt operate as customised in Intellipoint It takes a long time before it does respond If I try to launch event viewer or mouse customisation softwares they freeze temporarily and I have to force close them shows me a windows shell error Windows 7: Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze. when I do this I've tried System restore and safe mode and many solutions via google associated with symptoms and error ids but no avail Please help me fix this - Thanks

A:Windows 7: Event errors (11, 7000, 7026), intellipoint and event viewer freeze.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603889/windows-7-event-errors-11-7000-7026-intellipoint-and-event-viewer-freeze/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello My brother (via internet Windows not anymore connecting wireless) Vista to in law was having some problems with his Vista Laptop in which it needed some routine maintenance which I had realised hadn t occured since he bought it some years ago Vista was going slow as usual and he Windows Vista not connecting to internet anymore (via wireless) said it was becoming a pain and he was going to buy a new one Anyways cutting a long story short I installed Ccleaner and cleaned up the computer took away some programs which he didn t need he kept having a norton thing Windows Vista not connecting to internet anymore (via wireless) which had expired and some other things on there The computer now is alot more responsive and boots up in a respectable for vista time and so he is happy HOWEVER Before my cleanup he had no real issues connecting to the internet just the usual ones with vista where you have to reset the router from time to time Now I try to connect wirelessly to his network and it seems to connect but only locally No amount of resetting the router and rebooting the computer will solve this issue It is strange because my XP laptop is connecting fine It must be a Vista problem that has caused the issue I think I may have changed some settings with my initial tinkering Anyone have any Ideas Dave nbsp

A:Windows Vista not connecting to internet anymore (via wireless)

Maybe it is time to upgrade to Windows 7. You will be very surprised at how much faster it is than Vista...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-vista-not-connecting-to-internet-anymore-via-wireless.140218/
Relevancy 82.13%

When I try to connect to a Windows computer SERVER over my network from my Windows computer LAUREL-PC I have an issue in that a dialog box comes up called Enter Network Password and when I do enter the password and username for my windows computer into the dialog box it doesn t work and it says incorrect username or password I think it has to do something with the fact that when I try and login network 7 password problem connecting Windows Windows to - 2000 it shows the username as LAUREL-PC Connor when it should probably be SERVER Connor because I am logging in with the username from the computer called SERVER not LAUREL-PC There isn t even an account Windows 7 connecting to Windows 2000 - network password problem called Connor on LAUREL-PC How do i make it change the domain or computer name to SERVER when I am logging on or is there some other problem I tried Windows 7 connecting to Windows 2000 - network password problem to make it so that you don t have to enter a network password to access shares on my SERVER computer but that didn t work Is there anyway to disable this dialog box Thanks PLEASE REPLY nbsp

Relevancy 81.7%

Hope someone can help. spent a few hour now scratching my head with this.
We have a NAS at my place of work that some people can connect to and some can't.
even though I have full network admin rights I can not connect to it but most users can.
I have tried changing the security setting to not us Group policys and its not made any difference.
I use the run box ie \\devicename\folder to connect but it wont work.
the NAS is plugged directly into a switch via a ethernet cable.

A:User problem connecting to Network drive.

What is the model of your NAS? This may help me figure it out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/241189-user-problem-connecting-network-drive.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have tried to create a home group in my Acer Netbook (OS WIndows 8 Pro), that will be used to be connected to my PC (OS Windows 7). When I tried to Join to my netbook Home Group via my PC,after I entered the password, I got a problem "Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration. If anyone know how to fix it, help me please. thanks.

A:Problem When Connecting Windows 7 PC to Windows 8 Notebook via LAN Cable

You are connecting directly with a cable between the two PCs, right?

In the Network and Sharing Center what is the designation for the network (Public, Home, ...)?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-when-connecting-windows-7-pc-to-windows-8-notebook-via-lan-cable.1090681/
Relevancy 81.27%

My Toshiba laptop with Windows XP recognizes my ASUS router (with password) but refuses to connect.  I've been told there are some new drivers for Atheros that are necessary for XP to function properly when connecting to certain routers.

Has anyone encountered the same problem and found a successful solution?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Dustcover

A:Windows XP problem connecting to Wi-Fi

What model Toshiba laptop, please?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496611/windows-xp-problem-connecting-to-wi-fi/
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm looking to connect 2 laptops running Vista using a crossover cable. The Microsoft "how to" page goes through the motions and gives instructions on network sharing, so no problems there However, following these instructions, will 1 pc be able to host a game (for example) that the other can access or for that to happen will it require assigning an IP manually? (if so, how to do).

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but connecting the 2 laptops is not just related to game playing.

A:Solved: Crossover cable and connecting 2 laptops running same Vista edtn.

Take a look at this Step by step Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) setup in Vista tutorial. This will connect the two machines and share the Internet connection from one of them.
If you want to connect two machines for file/print sharing but not share the Internet, try the following configuration.

Configure the machines as follows.

PC #1:
IP address: 192.168.9.1
Subnet Address: 255.255.255.0

PC #2:
IP address: 192.168.9.2
Subnet Address: 255.255.255.0

Leave the Default Gateway and DNS Server addresses blank.

Make sure any firewalls are configured to put the 192.168.9.x subnet in the trusted zone.

Finally, you'll have to enable fine/print sharing on the machines and actually share one or more folders or drives.

Here's a page that describes the process in detail: http://www.howtodothings.com/computers-internet/how-to-connect-2-pcs-directly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-crossover-cable-and-connecting-2-laptops-running-same-vista-edtn.762275/
Relevancy 81.27%

On all browsers my pages will not load most of the time or may start but freeze shortly after It is also taking forever for the browser itself to load Chrome seems also "input or connecting. pages supported" box not Web not loading to be the worst In my previous post after running a program and reboot I got a floating box Input Not Supported box that bounces around the screen like a screensaver and Web pages not loading or connecting. "input not supported" box also stays on top of everything else I also noticed I keep hearing clicking noises from the speakers also Thank you so much for your help DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW AVG Firewall Disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C Program Files VERIZONDM Web pages not loading or connecting. "input not supported" box also bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Verizon Online Backup amp Sharing Auto Update OnlineBackup UpdateSystemTray exe C Program Files Verizon Online Backup amp Sharing vewatch exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files AOL Computer Checkup AOLDefragSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Verizon Online Backup amp Sharing Filesystem Watcher DigiData FilesystemWatcher Service Watcher exe C Program Files Verizon IHA MessageCenter Bin Verizon IHAMessageCenter exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Verizon Online Backup amp Sharing Scheduler OnlineBackup SchedulerService exe C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Program Files VERIZONDM bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files VERIZONDM bin tgsrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO avast WebRep E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - c program files microsoft office office URLREDIR DLL ... Read more

A:Web pages not loading or connecting. "input not supported" box also

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485655/web-pages-not-loading-or-connecting-input-not-supported-box-also/
Relevancy 81.27%

Most web pages keep getting hung up and not connecting They stay in limbo Can not access my yahoo mail at all Also had a grey box appear Input Not Supported that I can't get rid of It bounces around like a screensaver and stays on top of anything else I also noticed crackling noises coming from my speakers sporadically Sounds like something is being plugged in a quick click Thank you so supported" or not pages box Web loading connecting. "input not also much DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Owner at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW AVG Firewall Disabled Running Processes C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AVAST Software Avast Web pages not loading or connecting. "input not supported" box also AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C Program Files VERIZONDM bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Verizon Online Backup amp Sharing Auto Update OnlineBackup UpdateSystemTray exe C Program Files Verizon Online Backup amp Sharing vewatch exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect Monitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Adobe Elements Organizer PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files AOL Computer Checkup AOLDefragSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Verizon Online Backup amp Sharing Filesystem Watcher DigiData FilesystemWatcher Service Watcher exe C Program Files Verizon IHA MessageCenter Bin Verizon IHAMessageCenter exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LeapFrog LeapFrog Connect CommandService exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Verizon Online Backup amp Sharing Scheduler OnlineBackup SchedulerService exe C Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Program Files VERIZONDM bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files VERIZONDM bin tgsrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO avast WebRep E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - c program files microsoft office office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB avast WebRep E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - c program f... Read more

A:Web pages not loading or connecting. "input not supported" box also

I am SO sorry for the repeat post. I was getting an error message it wasn't received. Please disregard the other two thank you and my apologies.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/485653/web-pages-not-loading-or-connecting-input-not-supported-box-also/
Relevancy 80.84%

I just recently got a Dell Dimension C Athlon X GB memory Vista Business at my job We have a Windows server upstairs that all our computers connect to The server has some group policies some software installation stuff and some other things that it does on the client computers So I added a computer reference for this computer on the server and then connected this one to the domain I logged on and it started doing some of the auto install stuff setting up Internet Options etc It took a really long time I thought it was just because this was the first time this computer had connected to the server is why it took so long But for the past week that I've been logging onto the server it's been taking this Vista computer around eight Up Vista 2003 To Minutes Around Start Windows Takes To When 8 Server Connecting minutes to finally get done loading It gets through the logon screen and gets to the desktop and then Vista Takes Around 8 Minutes To Start Up When Connecting To Windows 2003 Server it just sits there the hard drive running I'll sit and wait and about a minute later the internet icon comes up I try to click on IE and it just sits there for about three minutes and then finally IE will come up but I still can't do anything with it for another two-three minutes See what I mean And if I try hitting Ctrl Alt Del it sits there for about a minute and then comes up with a quot Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog Failure - security options quot seems like the security policy hasn't been put into place yet or something who knows So my question is what in the world is causing Vista to take so long loading when it connects to a Windows server It started up within seconds when I was just using the computer locally Any help you can offer would be amazing thanks

A:Vista Takes Around 8 Minutes To Start Up When Connecting To Windows 2003 Server

Try checking the Event Viewer for errors around the login time (Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter). Check all the logs for anything that might look significant.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93113/vista-takes-around-8-minutes-to-start-up-when-connecting-to-windows-2003-server/
Relevancy 80.41%

I just got a new computer, and have an older Windows ME computer also. Before, the Windows ME computer was connected to the internet straight through an ethernet cable. I wanted to be able to use both the new and old one at the same time, and got a wired D-Link router. Well, the new computer connects online through the router, but the ME one doesn't. If I unplug the cable from the router and plug it straight into the computer, it works again. There was a CD that came with the router, but for some reason the computer is just not seeing the router when it is wired into it. Please help someone!!!

A:Windows ME computer connecting to internet but not through router

Connect to the router again and let's see this:

Start, Run, COMMAND to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\IPCONFIG.TXT

Open c:\IPCONFIG.TXT in NOTEPAD, copy and paste all of it in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-me-computer-connecting-to-internet-but-not-through-router.613235/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi, guys and gals, I have Win 7 ultimate as a dual boot on my computer along with Wix Xp Pro SP 3, the problem I have is connecting to the internet. I use a Sierra Wireless 595u (Sprint) air card and have no problem whatsoever with Win Xp Pro connecting.

However, with Win 7 Ultimate it is quite a different story. The air card installed fine and I have the connection manager up as usual and I click on connect and it says connecting but then this message appears, "the operation could not be finished because it could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager Service in time." I tried to adjust some of the service areas to start like the remote access connection service but then got something about it couldnt start because of dependencies. I don't have a clue and need some advice, please.

Thank you,

Stephen Aka complearning123

A:Windows 7 problem connecting to the internet..

Hello,

The Dependency of Remote Access Connection Manager is 'Telephony'. Pls. go back to Control Panel=> Admin Tools=> Services and Start Telephony Service.

Test your connection after and an update will be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-problem-connecting-to-the-internet-485578.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I haven't used this computer lately but it's only a year old. I have windows ultimate on it but it somehow expired and now I can't connect to my home network or the internet. Does the OS being expired have a roll in this? I've been on an expired windows os and the internet has worked in thee past. I've tried getting this running for 8 hours now and have browsed everything on the web for advice and i have my laptop burning a windows xp disc now.. any help would be great. also would it be the drivers?

A:Connecting problem windows 7 ultimate

you should register your windows to get rid of the expired message.

and I dont think it does interfere with the internet... but I dont have windows 7 nor any expired copies of Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-problem-windows-7-ultimate.995134/
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a Windows desktop and I internet Windows Problem 7 with connecting to share connection with my neighbours router using a cable I was using it fine yesterday but today it refuses to connect I can see that the router is on because it shows on wifi the Problem connecting to internet with Windows 7 signal was always too weak for me to connect hence the cable Normally if there s Problem connecting to internet with Windows 7 any problem I reset the router remotely by logging in to the box but when I type in the ip it finds nothing As far as I know there s nothing wrong with the cable connection I tried ipconfig all but it only lists quot Media Disconnected quot I m suspecting it s a problem with my PC rather than the router I ve tried tethering my PC to my Android smartphone via wifi hotspot which I ve done before and usually works fine but as with the cable connection it comes up with an error which can t be resolved by Windows troubleshooting I can successfully tether other devices to my phone so I know that works I ve currently connected the desktop to my phone via Bluetooth which is now working fine I ve looked through advice on here and did the winsock resets and rebooted that made no difference I checked Windows Update history but there s been no new drivers installed I also did a System Restore to a state a few days ago when I knew it was working no luck It seems strange that my computer was all working fine yesterday yet today won t connect to the internet I d appreciate any help nbsp

A:Problem connecting to internet with Windows 7

the login should be 192.168.0.1

Also a Media Disconnected usually means no connection whatsoever so check the cable on the other end so that it is still plugged in to the router and working. Also check device manager for anything by the network adapters to signify an issue there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-internet-with-windows-7.1090442/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello again to everyone.
Ok I searched all over Google to solve my problem but found only other people with the same problem without a solution. Hope I can find it here.

I have a server running Windows XP pro SP3, I have 21 ultra thin clients connected to it.
The clients are running windows CE, the printers I wish to connect to them are the phaser 3100MFP and phaser3124.
I found that you can connect usb printers to thin clients running win ce but only if the printer supports PCL.

I want to know how do you connect printers that do not support PCL? Or is there a universal PCL driver for all printers? Because on the Xerox website the printers didn’t have pcl drivers.

I hope we can find a solution for this problem because I see allot of people having this same problem.

Cheers!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-usb-printer-to-windows-ce.918749/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

I got my comcast internet connection this morning; I setup my wireless connection and its connecting fine with my office computer. Unfortunately personal computer (HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC in which Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2 is installed) is not able to connect with the router. I even tried connecting my modem directly - NO Luck. It was connecting for couple of minutes and getting disconnected.

Both my office computer and my iPod are connecting fine with the wireless network but my personal computer is showing Connected (local access only) icon in the system tray. When I mouse over, its showing "Unidentified Network (<network name>"
Is there any way to resolve it?

Thanks in advance
Subeesh

A:Unidentified Network issue when connecting wireless n/w from Windows Vista Home Prem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-issue-when-connecting-wireless-n-w-from-windows-vista-home-prem.1012965/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi all
I need i little bit of help! lol
i have some files that are stored on my dads PC that is running windows 7 home and i would like to be able to get these files to my PC that runs windows 7 ultimate.
As i am in scotland at the minute and my dad lives in London this proposes a big problem.
Is it possible to connect my dads PC via remote desktop to my PC.
Thankyou and you help will be much apreciated.
Ashley

A:Connecting to a computer runnig windows 7 HP though remote desktop

Hi there,

Use this free VPN service https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi2/ it might help you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/151143-connecting-computer-runnig-windows-7-hp-though-remote-desktop.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi there. I recently reinstalled windows XP on my Advent T9204 Desktop PC. Now I have a problem getting my Creatix 405 Wireless Network Card to show up, and I am unable to link to the internet. Is there anybody who can help me?

Thankyou

Graham

A:Problem connecting to the internet after reinstalling windows Xp

Welcome to TSG!!

I guess the obvious question would be: Did you install all of the device drivers? Chipset, NIC, wireless NIC, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-the-internet-after-reinstalling-windows-xp.870100/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi Well i get connecting Windows problem VPN network to 8.1 drives straight to the point I have configured a Cisco ASA as a VPN server and configured it to accept remote access from windows clients using L TP IPSec connection W clients can establish a VPN connection and connect to the network drives network access which reside on Windows Server domain controller My problem is that the W clients CAN establish VPN connection but have no network access and cannot connect to network drives Its getting really frustrating What I have checked I can ping firewall router with success but not beyond that W client gets the correct IP address mask and including DNS server address from VPN server address pool I have activated all sharing options in network sharing center The gateway option under IPv Properties Advanced for the VPN connection is unchecked I created a rule in the firewall Windows 8.1 VPN problem connecting to network drives both inbound and outbound for routing services protocols for VPN I turned off the firewall but no success I have configured the local policy network security options and unchecked encryption Windows 8.1 VPN problem connecting to network drives and to accept both LM and NTLM I tried both as user and administrator on several computers but with same results Any ideas Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65178-windows-8-1-vpn-problem-connecting-network-drives.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi Everyone I am new to this website and more Service to Windows problems... Problem then and Connecting I've heard great things about it from friends of mine so I'm hoping someone Problem Connecting to Windows Service and then more problems... can help me About two weeks ago I got an error message in the right hand corner of my laptop that said that my computer had trouble connecting to windows service After that everytime I would restart the computer it would take - minutes I would say which is a big jump from the seconds it took before if not less It would take longer after I just clicked the power button but after I logged in it was fast again I looked on here and I found something called the netsch winsock reset I did that and after that the computer started up faster but after I would log in with my password it would take just as long to get my computer to pop up I don't know what the problem is now and I have no idea what to do My laptop is an ultrabook and I have Norton Antivirus on it I have also run a complete system scan and nothing came up so I am assuming that a virus isn't a problem I hope someone can help Thank you in advance

A:Problem Connecting to Windows Service and then more problems...

Welcome to BC .

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504054/problem-connecting-to-windows-service-and-then-more-problems/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi All I think there's a problem connecting external HDD with windows installed on it to a pc with existing windows I've spent a week Investigating this problem and I'm installed 8.1 connecting external with HDD Problem windows pretty sure about the results so please be patient reading this I faced many problems with my pc my windows crashes frequently because of my Raid Array was miss-configured or something like that However I decided to have an emergency external windows installed on external HDD to boot from and not to waste my time I've managed to install on the external HDD booting from it and every thing gone well lately I've managed to properly install on my PC internal HDD and every thing is going well too Except The Following Whenever I boot my pc from internal HDD and connect the external HDD to transfer a file or get Problem connecting external HDD with windows 8.1 installed something from it Windows chrome search goes mad and stops functioning here are If-Then scenarios I face boot from internal HDD reach desktop then connect external HDD - gt Search items disappear and i cannot find items like device manager disk manager and others As shown in the attachments boot from internal Problem connecting external HDD with windows 8.1 installed HDD only and not connecting external HDD -- gt every thing goes fine and chrome search works boot from internal HDD with external HDD connected I find search items but none of them is clickable So Waht's this Thanks All

A:Problem connecting external HDD with windows 8.1 installed

Just right click on Start button and chose "Device manager" it will open it for you. Can also be found in Control panel when seen as Large or Small icons. If view is set as "Category", Device Manager is under "Hardware and sound".
Can also start it if you type "devmgmt.msc" in Run command at right click on Start button same as in command prompt.
Alternatively, type diskmgmt.msc in Run command to see all disks and their partitions.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/63658-problem-connecting-external-hdd-windows-8-1-installed.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I feel my problem is very similar to this thread http forums techguy org networking -solved-ics-vista-using- -a html I m connected to the internet via Mobile Broadband as well except i m using it to try to connect to Xbox Live I followed the instructions in that thread and instead of picking up a address my is picking up a address which is probably good But still my connenction test is failing at the internet step I ll try to give as much information as possible I know Problem 7 using ICS, to Live Xbox connecting Windows that this broad setup should be working because i was connecting fine during Problem connecting to Xbox Live using ICS, Windows 7 the summer IP Config C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name thomas-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter G Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description G Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address F - D-A - E- D- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address cfb e e a a cc fd e f Pref erred Site-local IPv Address fec a a cc fd e f Preferred Temporary IPv Address cfb e e a c e ab a f cae Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe a cc fd e f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C-C - -F - D-A - E- D- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap AAA C - B F- F- D - E B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address cfb e e cfb e e Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap C C- B - E B- D-B CB E D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb f a d a d Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe f a d a d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip DisabledClick to expand In the Network and Sharing Center my G connection is a home network and the Local Area Connection is appearing as an unidentified public network The IpV properties for the LAC are Use the following IP address IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Use the following DNS Server Addresses Preferred DNS Server Alternate DNS Server Click to expand And the settings on the Xbox IP Settings Automatic IP Address Subnet Mask Gateway DNS Settings Manual Primary DNS Server Secondary DNS Server Click to expand That s about all i can think of I would really appreciate any help I ve been trying to fix this for hours toying with all the settings Still failing the connection test at the internet step though with no specific error message Thanks Thomas nbsp

A:Problem connecting to Xbox Live using ICS, Windows 7

"IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No" indicates that ICS is not enabled, even though it appears to be, as your Xbox is assigned a good IP configuration. Suggest that in Network Connections you disable ICS, 'Apply' or 'OK' the whole way out of Network Connections, then go back in and re-enable ICS.

Those network designations in the Network and Sharing Center are disconcerting. The fact that the ethernet is Public may mean that the Windows firewall is blocking the Xbox and may also be the cause of the 'No' for IP Routing.

If you are counting on the Windows firewall for protection the direct connection (Mobile wireless) to the internet should be Public.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-xbox-live-using-ics-windows-7.1031642/
Relevancy 79.55%

System event not recording anything. It is empty, says "date is invalid(13)".

I have some flaky things going on like unexplained CPU spikes causing slowdowns and mouse drag. Also have video problems screen going blank then recovery.

I have reloaded video drivers to no avail. No system lockups or BSODs. I need to see system event log to debug. Other event logs OK. I am proficient on PC and have searched for event log problem. The Event Log service is running. Thanks.

hp pavilion dv9000
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.23, 10/3/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Adapter Type GeForce 8400M GS, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
Adapter RAM 128.00 MB (134,217,728 bytes)

A:Solved: Vista, Event Viewer - system event log not recording

Did you check the - %SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\System.evtx file? It may be corrupted and you may want to rename it to .old and let it recreate itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-event-viewer-system-event-log-not-recording.793436/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:Unable to start event viewer/event log service on vista

By the way the OS is a Vista Home Prem without SP1. and i have searched this problem extensively, finding no solutions.

If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-start-event-viewer-event-log-service-on-vista-367739.html
Relevancy 78.69%

HI I was wondering if I could get some possible solutions to fix this problem You see my Step dad bought his Dell computer through Dell he has been using it for about a year now One day he went on his computer and he went to a website to find out about Computer running Premium a Vista with Having Windows problem a Darts He subsribed to an Having a problem with a Computer running Windows Vista Premium email and then decided he did not want it so he unsubscribed Then he said the computer started acting weired He thinks he might have download a virus by mistake So he went to go on to his computer after shutting it off for a while and when he turned on his computer the button lite up and the computer beeps and it goes through to the Having a problem with a Computer running Windows Vista Premium Splash screen where it says Microsoft Corp with a green bar Then the screen goes black and then has some errors on it The other thing that is weired is that when you turn on the computer it starts to tick tick and it get faster What does this mean here is the error message below no boot device available SATA Installed SATA Installed SATA Having a problem with a Computer running Windows Vista Premium None SATA None I was wonering can I possibly use the recovery disk for Windows Vista premium to reinstall Windows Vista Premium back on to the computer Will reinstalling Windows Vista premium back on the computer erase the contents on the hard drive and get rid of the virus if their is a virus on the computer the computer never gets to the desktop at all thanks for your time ps I am an intermediate computer user my email is clintmillar live com

A:Having a problem with a Computer running Windows Vista Premium

Dell's usually have built in diagnostics, please run those before doing anything else.
In the event that you can't get to the diagnostics, please run a hard drive diagnostic from these instructions: http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

There are several other steps that you can try to fix things - but don't do that until you post back with the results of the hard drive test. You can easily wipe the contents of the drive, so please wait for us to discuss that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/having-a-problem-with-a-computer-running-windows-vista-premium-425429.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I can't get my toshiba laptop to connect with any site (even google.com) despite my metro pcs hotspot appearing connected on my laptop. Help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-the-internet-using-metro-hotspot-and-windows-8.1110453/
Relevancy 78.69%

I'm using windows 7 64 bit Pro and I recently installed the Acrylic DNS Server Proxy program in order to maintain connectivity with my Mede8er media player when it is on the network. This required me to change the setting on the IP version 4 tab on my Win 7 network adapter from "obtaining the DNS server address automatically" to using 127.0.0.1.

I can connect to the internet with no trouble on the Win 7 side but now when I launch Windows XP Mode in the Windows Virtual PC none of my browsers there will connect to the internet. My Dreamweaver program still accesses the internet on that side but nothing else will.

What settings do I need to change on the Virtual PC side so that I have connectivity again? Should I install Acrylic on that side as well?

A:Solved: Problem connecting to the internet using Windows XP Mode...

Well fortunately, I was able to figure it out. All I needed to do was install Acrylic on the Virtual XP machine. Works fine now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-connecting-to-the-internet-using-windows-xp-mode.1123976/
Relevancy 77.83%

Well, like the title says, I want to connect a Win Vista Ultimate laptop to my home network.

I already have a network made between the main PC and 2 other computers through a NETGEAR router.

Before, I had a laptop with Win XP connected in the network wirelessly. Now that I have a new laptop with Win Vista Ultimate (the other laptop is not connected anymore), I want to connect it to the home network but I can't.

The main computer sees the laptop but I cannot access it. On the other hand, I cannot see nor access any of the other 3 computers (with Win XP) from the laptop. I do have a good internet connection on the laptop through the router, but I cannot access the home network.

If specifications are needed just ask.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-win-xp-pc-with-win-vista.673351/
Relevancy 77.83%

So I have two computers an EEE pc running Windows XP and a gaming desktop running Windows I got to school the other day and set up my stuff in my room and tried to get onto the internet using Internet Desktop Network to connecting Problem 7 College Windows my my desktop It failed miserably and I have no idea why and my EEE pc connected in a few seconds and has been running blazing fast I m not sure what you guys need so I ll list a bunch of stuff Desktop Windows bit Home Premium DWA- revE D-Link Wireless Adapter gb AMD Phenom X Processor ATI Radeon HD EEE PC Windows XP Atheros AR gb Intel ATOm CPU N Intel Express Chipset Netbook The wireless manager lists networks logGers unsecured logGers secured and PS-Guest Access unsecured I can connect to either of the two unsecured ones without a hitch and I m done No problems whatsoever Desktop The wireless maanger thing lists - - networks just randomly some switching on and off but mainly I have the same networks avaiable No matter which network I try to connect to I ll either get an immediate message saying quot unable to connect quot and my Windows troubleshooting thing will also immediately say quot unable to find problem quot or it ll try to connect say Problem connecting my Windows 7 Desktop to College Internet Network quot Identifying no internet access quot and maybe seconds later it ll come back with quot Unidentified network no internet access quot On a side note the D-Link Wireless Connection manager lists networks within range on different channels and it won t let me connect to any of them It s super frustrating because my EEE pc has had no trouble at all and I know if I could get the desktop internet running just as well I could do some serious gaming Sometimes the troubleshooting thing won t come back a failure it ll say quot problem with adapter or access point resetting wireless adapter- fixed quot and it ll say the problem is resolved except I m still getting quot unidentified network no internet access quot Also I sometimes get this thing in Troubleshooting that says quot association failed quot for all the networks I m trying to join Things I ve tried Didn t really know what to do I turned off my firewall turned off my anti-virus network shields and such reset my wireless adapter bunches of times and that s about it Let me know if you guys need screenshots of anything or anything else you might need Edit Ran troubleshooting again and it came back with quot The default gateway is not available quot and told me to turn off my adapter for seconds and plug it back in again nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi everyone
Since few days I'm having problems with connecting new usb devices to my laptop. All devices connected after a fresh OS instalation works fine (windows was able to find drivers by itself). Now I can't connect even a simple flash drive (windows can't find drivers online). I'm having this problem with any new device that was not previously connected to my laptop.
Thanks for any help

A:Problem connecting new devices - windows cannot find common drivers

Hi WickedOne, Welcome to the forums, Visit the Lenovo website here Drivers and software - IdeaPad Y580 Notebook and download and install the chipset driver , This driver controls the usb

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/271441-problem-connecting-new-devices-windows-cannot-find-common-drivers.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I conneted a thinkpad t550 windows 7 laptop to this Amazon.com: LG Electronics UM67 34UM67 34-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor: Computers & Accessories

The monitor is in Korean- sadly I don't know how to change it to English

The monitor is recognized but only shows as 1080p in the center of the screen and the slider for resolution won't let me change to an ultrawide setting- only 1080p or lower and none of them ultrawide

The laptop itself has a 1440p screen

Did not have this problem with my windows 8.1 laptop or windows 10. I tried switching to windows 10 from windows 7 and had a bad experience however with other things so I'll be sticking to win7

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/392719-connecting-windows-7-laptop-ultrawide-monitor-resolution-problem.html
Relevancy 76.97%

First of all I'm sorry if to Windows connecting Problem XP 7 Windows from my post repeats previous posts I've looked more then pages bud I didn't find the answer I need to connect machines in network One is Windows RC connected with cable to the modem and Problem connecting from Windows XP to Windows 7 then to router and the other is Win XP connected to the network wirelessly I can see my both computers on two machines and even can access my Windows machine from Win XP machine The problem begins when I'm trying to access my Win XP machine from Windows machine I can see my Win XP machine but when I'm trying to access it I'm receiving an quot Enter Network Password quot screen I have no clue what is it and what to do with it I don't think I have a network password because when I connect from Win XP to Windows I quot m not receiveng this screen There were some thoughts in here that the usernames and passwords on both machines should be identical I have no idea how to do it So can anyone explain to me step by step how to do it on Win XP machine and Windows machine Tnanks in advance

A:Problem connecting from Windows XP to Windows 7

you have to go to windows 7 click control panel network and internet home group then click "change advance sharing settings" at the bottom click "turn off password protected sharing" and your problem is solved I had the same issue spent hours trying to figure it out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/11861-problem-connecting-windows-xp-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 76.97%

dear all i am having problems in resolving a standing issue our building is split into two parts each with its own router the connecting problem vista a NAS server to routers given generic IP as follows and we have a NAS server running windows server hooked on problem connecting vista to a NAS server to the router - its IP problem connecting vista to a NAS server is all the systems hooked to the same router are able to 'see' the NAS server problem connecting vista to a NAS server and transact with it vista linux os x - all of them however on the other side the windows vista systems connected to do not see the NAS server Linux systems on this subnet can again see as well as connect to it so can os x systems eventhough vista cannot see the server ping works with the server fine from these vista systems too i am not sure what the problem is - but is sure driving me crazy any help is appreciated and yes - internet works fine on all the systems including the vista server thanks K

A:problem connecting vista to a NAS server

Hi octotus,

Try installing a Virtual Server within Vista running Windows XP - Please can you let me know if it sees it then?

Has this always been the case as well? Or has it just "suddenly" happened?

P.S - You don't have Norton Firewall running do you?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/229019-problem-connecting-vista-nas-server.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all,

i tried loading the eventvwr.msc file from system32 folder directly as well as from the administrator tools, but i get:

"event log service is unavailable. verify that the service is running."

so i try to start the event log service, from the services.msc program;
whenever i try to start windows event log from services i get the message:

"Windows could not start the windows event log service on local computer.
Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

how can i specify the path?
or
how can i resolve the problem?

any help would be appreciated please---thanks

A:HELP need to solve this problem asap - Unable to start event viewer/event log service

Fire up regedit and find this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog

With "Eventlog" highlighted on the left pane, you should be able to see a value called "ImagePath" on the right. ImagePath should be equal to this:

%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted

If you can't see "ImagePath" in that location, or if it's not set to the text above, that's almost certainly your problem. If you're in the habit of using "registry cleaners", that might be the cause.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223413-help-need-solve-problem-asap-unable-start-event-viewer-event-log-service.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi. My girlfriend and I are trying to resolve a confounding situation-- her Gateway laptop, which is running Windows Vista, can't seem to connect properly. She connects to our Netgear wireless router, but can't access the internet. It must be something to do with her computer, because my Dell Inspiron running XP connects to the router and goes through to the internet with no problems.

What kind of info can I provide to help someone help us out with this?

A:Vista computer connecting to wireless router but not internet...

sounds like a PPP Authentication Challenge problem to me. try to check your routers support MSCHAP V.2 PPP Authentication or not. since VISTA only support PAP, CHAP and MSCHAP V.2. if your router not support MSCHAPV.2, then u should set the VISTA to support PAP and or CHAP too. by default VISTA only enable MSCHAP V.2

while XP support PAP, CHAP and MSCHAP V.1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-computer-connecting-to-wireless-router-but-not-internet.689693/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi I keep getting the above problem Even though Internet connecting au Team proxy not repeatedly asking for continuously viewer works for no issue with browsing Internet Explorer proxy was set to auto detect and browsing was ok But team viewer was asking for proxy authentication Team viewer was tested using both Team viewer continuously not connecting repeatedly asking for proxy au auto detect proxy settings and manual proxy settings I always entered the correct credentials with right access set in tmg but it won't accept the credentials and would Team viewer continuously not connecting repeatedly asking for proxy au repeatedly ask for authentication I also tried manually entering the proxy in internet Explorer and tried again team viewer with manual and auto detect settings But no luck Also windows credentials manager have no passwords saved I tried restarting the application and also restarted system few times but no luck We are using Microsoft tmg I have few questions on tmg authentication as well When does it asks for authentication How does it relates to the Internet Explorer proxy settings Ie auto detect proxy amd manually entering proxy And how amd when is it saved in credentials manager User was logged in with his own domain account and he has sufficient rights and his account was not locked out and was tested to be working Also team viewer was working Earlier it suddenly stopped And started this behavior I often face such issues with a lot of applications I have observed that when we set proxy settings manually in internet Explorer it asks for tmg authentication and it also saves the credentials in credentials manager Any idea

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi looking for some help here I recently purchased a WD My Net N router connected it int he house and all was working fine Then I restarted my server PC and suddenly I can no longer access the connecting through Problem with network my to Vista PC internet internet on that PC My setup gt gt gt means connected to House Virgin Cable Modem gt gt gt WD My Net Router via Cat My Net Router gt gt gt iMac via Cat and also gt gt gt Pi running XBMC via Cat and also gt gt gt iPhone iPad Kindle via wifi Problem with Vista PC connecting to internet through my network and also gt gt gt a m Cat cable running down the garden to the workshop been working for years and no problem Workshop the m Cat from the WD My Net N connects into a TP-Link TL-WR N router into the WAN socket The TL-WR N gt gt gt My work laptop via Cat and also gt gt gt another laptop via wifi and also gt gt gt my SERVER PC via Cat running Vista So the Server PC I can use to connect to and control both the WD My Net and the TP-Link routers and every other machine in the network can connect to the internet I have the two computers icon in the bottom right of the toolbar but no world symbol so no internet So the Server cannot connnect to the internet Why I did run IPCONFIG ALL for further info from the Server PC and it looks like this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Fellows Family gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe fa dccc d IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Fellows Family gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name SVR-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - D- -DA- F- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fa dccc d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- -C - - D- -DA- F- B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Fellows Family gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name SVR-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Physical Address -FF- - E-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - D- -DA- F- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fa dccc d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - D- -C - - D- -DA- F- B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address... Read more

Relevancy 76.11%

EDIT: Moving this from 98 to XP as I believe you mis posted~~boopmeHey again -- I was looking through my config/driver/device files before doing a clean install w/Win 7. This Event Viewer shows many "Warning" entries about 2 months ago with messages like "Could not detect IIs installation module or IIS is disabled, skipping the Web Host script mappings component..." and "Your IP address xx.xxx etc. with Network Card xxxxxx is already in use on the network..." and under services (I think) it showed thing like "Remote registry editor enabled and started" along with my Alerter service having been disabled (says its to Alert Admin of any funny business). Are these normal errors or are they footprints of the intrusion I experienced? I'm trying to isolate where this might have come from. All entries before these were free of any Warnings. Thanks again!

A:Windows XP Pro Event Viewer

Hi,You're probably looking for the Windows XP Home and Professional board here, not the 95/98/ME one. IIS is the built-in webserver that comes with XP Pro. That's not too important. The warning with the IP address is only a problem if you're trying to allocate a static IP that's already used up and can't get into the internet. The "remote registry editor" thing is troublesome, as it allows anyone with your IP and admin password to edit your registry. I suggest you go into Administrative Tools -> Services and disable the Remote Registry service. I'm unsure of the Alerter problem, as I've never encountered it before.This may be linked to an intrusion, but you should disable the Remote Registry service ASAP.Cheers,--TroyEDIT: Thanks for the move, boop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334788/windows-xp-pro-event-viewer/
Relevancy 76.11%

hello to anyone who can help...
unfortunately, i did a dumb thing...
inside the event viewer, then under custom views, there WERE two options

1) administrative events
2) summary bla bla .....

well i selected the summary one, and clicked DELETE over on the right hand side of the window there it says ACTIONS...

does anyone know how i can get this back? or restore it?

thanks for any help...

A:windows 7 event viewer

If another does not come by with another answer, try system restore.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/106417-windows-7-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi All,

Things have largely settled down with my Windows 10 upgrade, however I still get a flurry of Errors and Warnings whenever I shutdown and start my system.

When I shutdown correctly there are always 4 instances of Error 7031 generated. They refer to Service Control Manager and relate to User Data Access, User Data Storage, Contact Data and Sync Host and always state that the services terminated unexpectedly even though the Start/Power/Shutdown process was followed. There is usually a 10010 Error as well, referring to NLInternal.Sharedrecoactivation.

On Start I also get a flurry of Warning 200, 201, 202 and 219 as well. The 200, 201 and 202 warnings seem to relate to Windows 10 phoning home to Microsoft and not being able to.

In spite of this the system is working ok.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rob

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-event-viewer-1082121.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi I have laptops One Dell Lattitude XP and HP Pavilion Me yah I still have Me Both work fine with Wireless router DI- I can connect to router DI-524 laptop with Vista internet Problem connecting to internet without any problem Problem connecting Vista laptop to internet with DI-524 router Few days ago I bought a new laptop HP dv Problem connecting Vista laptop to internet with DI-524 router t Vista Home Premium I configured it to work with DI- router For the first few minutes it worked fine Later on the connection started to drop I had to do frequent connect disconnect cycles to re-establish connection to Problem connecting Vista laptop to internet with DI-524 router internet BUt it keeps on getting disconnected On some occasions I see the icon with two computers and a globe in system tray indicating the successful connection But I see following error message on Firefox quot Connection Interrupted The Connection to the server was reset while the page was loading Tnhe network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection Please try again quot Refer to the attached document I reinstalled the drivers under network Adapters it did not help Talked to HP support Support lady said it is problem with the router and it may not be compatible with Vista But on Dlink web site I see DI- is listed under quot Compatible with Windows Vista quot http www dlink com products vista-support I haven t talked to Dlink people yet Here are the details for the Router Model DI- h w version C F W version original in I had updated it to more than a year back Any thoughts on what s going on Do I need to upgrade the firmware for the router Or do I need to buy new router Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Problem connecting Vista laptop to internet with DI-524 router

Some things you can try here.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

Next, I'd give these changes a shot.

Changes that may help to increase the compatibility of Vista with older networking devices:

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Disable IPv6:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Right click on each network connection and select "Properties"
3. Remove the checkmark from the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4. Click OK to exit the dialog

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233

Hold the Windows key and type R, enter regedit and press Enter.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey to be updated.
If the key DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag does not exist, use the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then press ENTER. If the key exists, skip this step.
Right-click DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor.
NOTE: You should do this for each and every GUID subkey.
NOTE2: (GUID) is a mnemonic for the individual subkeys, the actual text "GUID" does not appaer.

The only program I'm aware of that currently relies on IPv6 is the new Windows Meeting Space. The first 2 changes will cause that program not to work - but will leave all of your normal (IPv4) connections unaffected. If it causes problems that you can't overcome, simply revert back to the original settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-vista-laptop-to-internet-with-di-524-router.812481/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi

I tried to connect a vista machine to an existing wireless connection. The router is edimax 6204WG. and the usb wifi adaptor finds the wireless without any problem. but, it shows an error message FAILED TO CONNECT to the 'default' connection.

Please help me. Tried with two other laptops which are running on windows xp, and sp2. they are fine. connected in seconds!

But the HP Desktop with Vista Home Premium which I bought yesterday, is not getting connected at all. i repeat, the usb dongle with the correct vista drivers finds the network.

Thanking u in anticipation.

A:Problem connecting to Edimax 6204wg router from Vista

Vista Can't obtain IP address from some DHCP Servers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-edimax-6204wg-router-from-vista.621780/
Relevancy 75.25%

I am running windows xp on a pc I just recieved it s not new a little background may be necessary please bear with me physically there are two hdds connected to the mb they are sata and I noticed in my computer that only one hdd was reported it was c and is roughly the same size as the two hdd combined same in disk manager says c is ntfs and partition same in bios says one hdd called C is DVD-R when I tried to install something it through out a registry write error followed by bcc bug check code error I looked up the product usually memory followed by small mem dump error it did this several times outside of install as well so my friend said to wipe the hdd and start over with a fresh copy of windows we didn t know which hdd was quot c quot so we plugged one in at a time to find out with the hdd on the top there was no response at all even after several attempts at the power button with the bottom hdd only some gobbledeegook came up with a spinning line on the end then said something like quot no boot record found quot then we tried switching the ends of the cables in the hdds around and normal boot again I guess I am old school b c I am accustomed to both hdds connected to the mb by a single ribbon with the primary in the middle and the secondary on the end and the primary being responsible for the boot process not both quot simultaniously XP Windows viewer errors event quot so we thought the hdd Windows XP event viewer errors were somehow quot linked quot so he told me it s not a good idea if I get a virus I ll lose all data and not just os so he said he would quot separate quot them by unpartitioning and repartitioning them to make one c operating system and one d programs the hdd are identical in every way and gb each he attempted it then he installed his copy of windows xp on it and cpuid and firefox and that s all that will fit now quot my computer quot reports that gb of space is being used and the rest is free the total amount of hdd space reported in my computer is still for one hdd and the same size of both hdd together even after he did this windows reports that there is not enough space on the hdd s it s strange b c two programs somehow remained on the hdd s after the quot wipe quot something called RAID and GeForce Now the registry error event id comes up windows was unable to load the registry this is often caused by insufficient mem or insufficient security rights Detail error performing inpage operation for I documents and settings michele walker ntuser dat which leads me to the other problem but later windows reports that it was able to successfully load a previous existing registry then it says that any changes I make to the account will not be saved once I reboot the pc I am not understanding what this means exactly to be able to describe it correctly btw the hdd was labelled c before he did it now it s I and one of the quot drives with removable storage quot in the list in quot my computer quot is labelled c I would prefer the master to be labelled c but i know I can t have everything i want In the event viewer I have these errors warnings app warning A provider Rsop planning Mode provider has been registered in the WMI namespace root Rsop but did not specify the hosting model property This provider will be run using the Local System Account This account is privilaged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests Ensure that the provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the hosting model property of the provider registration to an account with the least privilages possible for the required functionality other providers registered in the wmi namespace event id CmdTrigger Consumer - CmdTrigger CIMv and event id HighperfCooker v and event id and that are related to I believe are also in the event viewer I went to the the http go microsoft com fwlink events asp website but the directions to solve this do not come up in the list under the eve... Read more

A:Windows XP event viewer errors

this has been a learning experience for me no doubt! I have discovered that the provider and hosting stuff is normal, yay! but now I have hdd failure may be imminent, and unfortunately, the raid is striped. but it's not failed yet...lol I am holding out hope that I can salvage the other hdd. They can't both have a bad block, physically, just because they are striped or partitioned, I think. so I want to take the other one out and then maybe I can adapt it into my dell. I don't see why I should have to lose both hdd. but that's my problem, I don't see... hahaha well, I get there eventually, at least close anyway. anyway the error is Harddisk 0\D RO has predicted it will fail. back up yadda yadda. Harddisk 0/D has a bad block. so I did a chkdisk on d and it says the file system is RAW. I wonder if that is why the top hdd would not boot up on its own, or it could be because they are striped idk. I can't recall a time when on an ide master slave set up that I unplugged the slave and booted up to see what would happen. so I don't know if they "need" each other even under "normal" circumstances. Now, "I" harddisk is 0, so a must be 1, c (removable disk with storage) must be 2, and d (cdrom-rw) must be 3 and e (dvd-rw must be 4 and so on. I think. In event viewer it says that cdrom 3 has a bad block, I don't want to see another event log for a long time once all this is done, and when I try to use it windows says it can't read drive c..lol this is loads of fun!!! and even more fun when you are clueless!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-event-viewer-errors.983817/
Relevancy 75.25%

Getting Thousands of Errors 240 in Event Viewer under Application and Service Logs, Microsoft, Windows, Application Resource Management System. Have been pulling my hair out over this one Have tried everything I have found elsewhere. Anyone have the answer.

A:Windows 8 Pro Event Viewer error.

Event Viewer is there to let scammers phone you up and scare you into paying money. But seriously have you noticed anything wrong? What have you installed recently try uninstalling them.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25738-windows-8-pro-event-viewer-error.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello Everytime I turn my computer on after windows loads I would say about minutes or so this WindowsEvenViewer crap pops up in Internet Explorer window It shows as a computer code I cannot Popup Event Viewer Windows for the life of me get rid of it I have run full scans with Malewarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware as Windows Event Viewer Popup well as a full CCleaner cleanup Still shows up how do I get rid of this crap and why is it showing up lt xml version encoding UTF- gt lt xsl stylesheet xmlns xsl http www w org XSL Transform version gt lt -- The indent for child nodes -- gt lt xsl variable name indent gt lt xsl variable gt lt -- The indent for attributes -- gt lt xsl variable name AttributeIndent gt lt xsl variable gt lt -- The font and font Windows Event Viewer Popup size to be used -- gt lt xsl variable name FontFamily gt Segoe UI lt xsl variable gt lt xsl variable name FontFamily FixWidth gt Courier New lt xsl variable gt lt xsl variable name FontSize gt lt xsl variable gt lt xsl variable name FontStyle gt font-family 'Segoe UI' lt xsl variable gt lt -- Vertical align style of table items -- gt lt xsl variable name VerticalAlignStyle gt vertical-align top lt xsl variable gt lt -- The width for and - sign column -- gt lt xsl variable name SignColumnWidth gt lt xsl variable gt lt -- The element name column width -- gt lt xsl variable name ElementNameColumnWidth gt lt xsl variable gt lt -- The attribute name column width -- gt lt xsl variable name AttributeNameColumnWidth gt lt xsl variable gt lt -- locID text WordsFormat -- gt lt xsl variable name WordsFormat gt In Words lt xsl variable gt lt -- locID text BytesFormat -- gt lt xsl variable name BytesFormat gt In Bytes lt xsl variable gt lt xsl template match gt lt -- Match Event regardless of namespace -- gt lt html gt lt head gt lt meta content text javascript http-equiv Content-Script-Type gt lt head gt lt -- Test whether there is binary data -- gt lt xsl choose gt lt xsl when test descendant contains local-name 'Binary' gt lt -- locID text BinaryDataCaption locComment Caption for Binary Data -- gt lt xsl variable name BinaryDataCaption gt Binary data lt xsl variable gt lt xsl variable name BinaryData gt lt xsl value-of select descendant contains local-name 'Binary' gt lt xsl variable gt lt body onload window fullyLoaded 'true' ToggleSystemElement ProcessBinaryData ' BinaryData ' ' BinaryDataCaption ' ' WordsFormat ' ' BytesFormat ' ' FontFamily ' ' FontFamily FixWidth ' id body gt lt xsl for-each select node gt lt -- Treat EventData specially -- gt lt xsl choose gt lt xsl when test name 'EventData' gt lt xsl call-template name EventDataNode gt lt xsl when gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt xsl call-template name node gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt xsl choose gt lt xsl for-each gt lt body gt lt xsl when gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt -- No binary data -- gt lt body onload window fullyLoaded true ToggleSystemElement id body gt lt xsl for-each select node gt lt -- Treat EventData specially -- gt lt xsl choose gt lt xsl when test name 'EventData' gt lt xsl call-template name EventDataNode gt lt xsl when gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt xsl call-template name node gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt xsl choose gt lt xsl for-each gt lt body gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt xsl choose gt lt html gt lt xsl template gt lt xsl template name node gt lt -- Is this a pure text node like the inner text inside lt node gt inner text lt node gt -- gt lt xsl choose gt lt xsl when test count node and string-length and not name gt lt table cellspacing border gt lt tr gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt td nowrap true width SignColumnWidth gt lt td style FontStyle VerticalAlignStyle gt lt xsl value-of select gt lt td gt lt xsl when gt lt xsl otherwise gt lt -- Not a pure text node-- gt lt xsl choose gt lt -- Does this node contains attributes -- gt lt xsl when test count gt lt -- Yes contains attributes we need to make it collapsable -- gt lt xsl choose gt lt -- Does this node contains only text like lt node gt inner text lt node gt -- gt lt... Read more

A:Windows Event Viewer Popup

Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520110/windows-event-viewer-popup/
Relevancy 75.25%

I really like 7, but I still remember some things in XP that I preferred.

That said, I can't find a way to clean out the Event Viewer in 7. Can it be done?

Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

I'm new on Windows 10 forum.

Could you have a look at my errors that appear in Event Viewer, are they bad do need fixing, are they affecting the OS in a negative way, what's your advice?

The errors below which you can't see are all 10010 and one is 10016.

Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/54982-windows-event-viewer-errors.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I m seeing my HD light stay on continuously and I m getting all these errors in Event Viewer saying quot The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort quot I m also getting Event viewer saying that quot Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-Search Date AM Event ID Task Category Gatherer Error's in and viewer HD stop running event won't Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Desktop Description A document ID cannot be freed Context Windows Application SystemIndex Catalog Details The content index server cannot update or access information because of a database error Stop and restart the search service If the problem persists reset and recrawl the content index In some cases it may be necessary to delete and recreate the content index x f Event Xml lt Event Error's in event viewer and HD won't stop running xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Search quot Guid quot CA E D- - -AB B- B F F quot EventSourceName quot Windows Search Service quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Desktop lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt Error's in event viewer and HD won't stop running EventData gt lt Data Name quot ExtraInfo quot gt Context Windows Application SystemIndex Catalog Details The content index server cannot update or access information because of a database error Error's in event viewer and HD won't stop running Stop and restart the search service If the problem persists reset and recrawl the content index In some cases it may be necessary to delete and recreate the content index x f lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt I DON T HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO HELP Edit Opps I forgot to mention I have Vista Business and other than this problem everything seems to be running just fine nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Evening everyone I know you ve heard this before but I SOOOOO hope someone can help me Ok here s my setup I ll start really basic since I don t know how much info you need I ve got cable internet coming into a motorola modem then into a motorolo wireless router I have computers running XP hardwired via ethernet cables into the router We ll call these Computers and I also have desktop downstairs with a wireless internet connection running on XP This will be Computer And lastly I have a laptop wirless connection as well running on VISTA aka Computer I have a printer hooked up to Computer which I d like to share with all the other computers So I started off setting up a Home Network I ran the Network Setup Wizard on all of the computers Computers and went smoothly I m computer and Home Networking... issue wireless connecting error vista having trouble with the two wireless comuters though Home Networking... error connecting wireless computer and vista issue When I try to quot View Workgroup Computers quot from I get the following error message Ouaznet is not accessable You may not have permisson to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available End of error message BTW OUAZNET is the workgroup name Now for Computer which is running Vista and also wireless I just cannot even see any other computers on Ouaznet workgroup Any suggestions Keep Home Networking... error connecting wireless computer and vista issue in mind that I m a relative Home Networking... error connecting wireless computer and vista issue beginner at networking and all Thanks in advance for your time J nbsp

A:Home Networking... error connecting wireless computer and vista issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-networking-error-connecting-wireless-computer-and-vista-issue.691008/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have 2 Dell notebooks running XP that connect to a Linksys WRT54GP2 wireless router with no problems. The security is set to WPA PSK with the WPA algorithm to TKIP.

I also have a new DELL notebook running on Vista that won't connect wirelessly to the router - it can see it, but when I try to connect, it comes up with an error message '802.11 authentication failed due to status code 13. Resonding station does not fit the specified authentication algorithm'

I tried connecting the DELL Vista notebook to the router via a cable - it works fine.

I also tried disabling security so there was none, and it also worked fine. So the problem seems to be with the security algorithm.

I have searched on the net and a lot of people seem to be having problems with the DELL-VISTA-Linksys combination, but i haven't found any answers.

Can you help??

A:DELL with VISTA OS Problem Connecting to LINKSYS Wireless Router

First off, make sure that 802.1x authentication is disabled on the wireless adapter. If so, try the following changes.
Changes that may help to increase the compatibility of Vista with older networking devices:

Disable the IP Helper service:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Scroll down to the IP Helper service, right click on it and select Properties
3. In the dropdown box that says "Automatic" or "Manual", set it to Disabled and then click on "Apply"
4. Then click on "Stop" to stop the service from running in the current session
5. Click OK to exit the dialog

Disable IPv6:

1. Hold the Windows key and type R, enter "ncpa.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
2. Right click on each network connection and select "Properties"
3. Remove the checkmark from the box next to "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
4. Click OK to exit the dialog

NOTE: You should do this for each network connection.

Disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag:

Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233

Hold the Windows key and type R, enter regedit and press Enter.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{GUID}
In this registry path, click the (GUID) subkey to be updated.
If the key DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag does not exist, use the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value. In the New Value #1 box, type DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then press ENTER. If the key exists, skip this step.
Right-click DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor.
NOTE: You should do this for each and every GUID subkey.
NOTE2: (GUID) is a mnemonic for the individual subkeys, the actual text "GUID" does not appaer.

The only program I'm aware of that currently relies on IPv6 is the new Windows Meeting Space. The first 2 changes will cause that program not to work - but will leave all of your normal (IPv4) connections unaffected. If it causes problems that you can't overcome, simply revert back to the original settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-with-vista-os-problem-connecting-to-linksys-wireless-router.817461/
Relevancy 74.39%

Have had a number of problems and i was advised to look in the Event Viewer The errors in Application are as follows Error Application ErrorFaulting application iexplore exe version faulting module urlmon dll version fault address x Error Edition Home In Viewer Xp Windows Event Aplication Errorfaulting application msimn exe version faulting module urlmon dll version fault address x a Error MessengerThe description for Event ID in Source Messenger cannot be found The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message dll files to display messages from a remote computer You may be able to use Event Viewer In Windows Xp Home Edition the AUXSOURCE flag to retrieve this description See Help and Support for details The following information is part of the event msnmsgr exe shdocvw dll Error Application ErrorFaulting application vsmon exe version faulting module vsmon exe Event Viewer In Windows Xp Home Edition fault address x d de Error MsInstallerUnexpected or missing value name PackageName value quot in key HKLM Software Classes Installer Products B CF F BE E Source List Error Crypt Failed auto update retrieval of Event Viewer In Windows Xp Home Edition third-party root list sequence number from lt http www download windowsupdate com msdownload update v static trustedr en authrootseq txt gt with error This operation returned because the timeout period expired Could someone please explain what all this is about and if necessary any remedial steps to be untaked Many thanks MB

A:Event Viewer In Windows Xp Home Edition

Reboot into Safe Mode with Command line and run sfc /scannow. Don't forget to put a space between sfc and /scannow.Here is the MicroSoft page if you would like to review it before using... http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310747

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40679/event-viewer-in-windows-xp-home-edition/
Relevancy 74.39%

HELP.
I have been here before and tried everything so far. whenever I switch on my computer I get the small shield that tells me updates are ready. When I try to install them they tell be theey have failed. I have checked my events viewer and it tells me that I get recurring errors on the RasMan and Service control manager. That the Rasman failed to start because the RASRPC module failed to initilise. I am certain that this is causing my updates to fail. I have tried to uninstall the SP Service pack 3 both automatically and manually and each time it failes almost three quarters of the way through. So far it is interruptiny my seecuity system..

Paul

A:Windows updates and event viewer errors

Try running Dial-a-fix:http://wiki.djlizard.net/Dial-a-fix#Standard_version

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179704/windows-updates-and-event-viewer-errors/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello yesterday I opened up Event Viewer on my windows machine and found this Subject Security ID NULL SID Account Name - Account Domain - Logon ID x Logon Type New Logon Security ID ANONYMOUS LOGON Account Name ANONYMOUS LOGON Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x ef Logon GUID - - - - Process Information Process ID x Process Name - Network Information Workstation Name Source Network Address - Source Port - Detailed Authentication Information Logon Process NtLmSsp Authentication Package NTLM Transited Services - Package Name NTLM only NTLM V Key Length - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing Guid - not sure if I can post this EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel Security Computer Me-PC Security - EventData SubjectUserSid S- - - SubjectUserName - SubjectDomainName - SubjectLogonId x TargetUserSid -Win7 Windows dilemma Event Viewer S- - - TargetUserName ANONYMOUS LOGON TargetDomainName NT AUTHORITY TargetLogonId x ef LogonType LogonProcessName NtLmSsp AuthenticationPackageName NTLM WorkstationName LogonGuid - - - - TransmittedServices - LmPackageName NTLM V KeyLength ProcessId x ProcessName - IpAddress - IpPort - It occurs pretty much everytime I log on along with the other standard logon reports I'm on a wi-fi network with a couple other of my computers not in any way Windows Event Viewer dilemma -Win7 concerned about them someone suggested that it might have to do with folder sharing- however Windows Event Viewer dilemma -Win7 I have that turned off Now I'm concerned about someone accesing my network without my knowledge These kinds of logs have been occuring for just over a year- Windows Event Viewer dilemma -Win7 about two weeks younger than my oldest Event Viewer security logs Before that most log were like this Key file operation Subject Security ID LOCAL SERVICE Account Name LOCAL SERVICE Account Domain NT AUTHORITY Logon ID x e Cryptographic Parameters Provider Name Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider Algorithm Name Not Available Key Name removed this Key Type Machine key Key File Operation Information File Path C ProgramData Microsoft Crypto RSA MachineKeys removed this too Operation Read persisted key from file Return Code x If someone could help me out I would be very grateful since this has been nagging on me for the past couple of days I searched on google and people with similar logs have been told that theirs are signs of intrustion But their logs all had a key lenght of my log has and under network information they had worstation names and ip adresses my log show a dash under ip adress and nothing under workstation Could someone gain acess and conceal these things or delete them later on The main thing that bugs me is that the logon type is network this shouldn't be the case if this is some standard operation of my system or should it Could it be a part of a programs routine like Avast Again if someone could help me out with this it would mean a lot to me

A:Windows Event Viewer dilemma -Win7

If you are concerned about possible intrusion, there are several steps you can take to make life much harder for any intruder :

1  Make sure your firewall is active
2  If you are using a router, ensure that security, preferably WPA2-PSK, is in use
3  Change the access password on your router to anything except the default. Type your router's IP address into the address bar on your browser to access its control panel. A very common address is 192.168.0.1, but yours may be different. You may found it on a label on the router or in its documentation.

It is also possible you have been infected with malware. Download and run Malwarebytes, which you can get from here :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/

If this shows up any problems that it is unable to deal with itself, then raise a topic in the 'Am I infected' section of BC and include a link to this topic. If you do post there, be patient - these people are all volunteers and busy!  Once you have posted there don't make any changes to your computer unless you are asked to, and if you don't understand something you are asked to do, post back for clarification.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530154/windows-event-viewer-dilemma-win7/
Relevancy 74.39%

I started up my computer and Windows explorer randomly froze up and hung I didnt do anything to provoke it I just sat here waiting for my computer to boot up Then when I thought it was finished I opened firefox Then Windows explorer just freezes completely I tried doing windows key r It opened the run window but it froze Then I tried moving my mouse on the right to open up the charm bar I explorer I in viewer? Windows can Where event find think it's called that Where can I find Windows explorer in event viewer? to hit settings and then restart When I clicked settings the whole bar just closed out and would close out every time I right clicked on the task bar to try and open task manager When I clicked on task manager it wouldn't ever open So I couldn't even shut down properly I just pushed the power button Then I turned it on again and the same Where can I find Windows explorer in event viewer? exact thing happened So I shut it off again Then I turned it back on and went to msconfig before it froze up and I set it to boot into safe mode Then I got into safe mode and ran a malware bytes scan and an avast scan Nothing came up on either so I just went back to normal boot The problem stopped now but I want to know what caused that whole thing to happen because it hasn't happened to me before So I want to look at event viewer to see if that'll explain it Where would I find that at in event viewer

A:Where can I find Windows explorer in event viewer?

Go to Control Panel , open Administrative Tools . The Event viewer is the 5th option in the list .
Hope this helps .
j
note the Control Panel can be accessed from the All apps list on the start screen or the Desktop toolbar
note 2 the problem should show in Windows Logs under System or Application

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38190-where-can-i-find-windows-explorer-event-viewer.html
Relevancy 74.39%

HiI have an HP laptop which has a single HDD It has been showing about a dozen or more errors as below -The device Device Harddisk DR has a bad block After checking possible solutions on several websites I ran CHKDSK C F R X which ran after system restart It proceeded upto smoothly but at halted for minutes and at kept processing for over minutes and instead of completing upto it just restarted couple of times and the system said it has completed the in Event Viewer shows 8.1 bad Windows sectors task and then rebooted once more and showed my Windows login screen as usual On checking the Event Viewer in Windows 8.1 shows bad sectors log entry in Event Viewer- Windows Logs- Application Log in a wininit entry it showed the chkdsk details which showed only K in bad sectors and no major issues otherwise Please note that I found Windows hang often about days ago and chose to reinstall OS through Recovery process which went off smoothly However these bad sector entries in Event Viewer have again cropped up and seem to make the system hang of and on Would be grateful if anyone can help me resolve the issue permanently Of course having the defective Hard Disk replaced is the last option but I won't be able to migrate my Recovery partition to a new HDD though I have Recovery DVDs Thank you Ramesh

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/event-viewer-in-windows-81-shows-bad-sectors/2241.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Windows bit shut down and restarted on it's own on info. own it's Windows Viewer 7 - Event shuts down days ago and then completely shut down on it's own when I stepped Windows 7 shuts down on it's own - Event Viewer info. away from my laptop the next day and again last night while I was asleep Sorry I'm not a programmer and am not sure what info you may need to analyze this situation but here is what was in the Event Viewer the first day this happened under Summary of Admin Events Event Type Event ID Source Log Last hr hrs days Error Bonjour Svc App Security-SPP App Security-SPP App Distributed COM Sys Warning RTL Sys Windows Update Client Sys DNS Client Events Sys WLAN-AutoConfig Sys Audit Failure MS Windows Security Audit Security The temperature info is Processor Info Model Mobile Intel Core Duo T Merom- M Platform Socket P mFCPGA- Frequency MHz x VID v Revision MO Lithography nm CPUID x FD Processor Temperature Readings Tj Max C Low High Core C C C Core C C C Thanks ahead of time

A:Windows 7 shuts down on it's own - Event Viewer info.

First place to start update the realtek driver.

Driver Install - Device Manager

The more difficult way, but the best way
How to Find Drivers
search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone - will help you search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- - if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/113786-windows-7-shuts-down-its-own-event-viewer-info.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello:

I have a "new" Toshiba laptop but the person that uses it tells me that a lot of the applications crash, internet is very slow, printing fails randomly, etc.

Attached are some of the screen shoots from the event viewer.

Ran a chkdsk but it didn't find any errors.

Does this sounds like a HW problem?

Thanks and help is greatly appreciated.

A:Windows XP event viewer shows a lot of errors

The first error says that Outlook restarted in Outlook Safe Mode, but didn't say why. Restart Outlook in Normal Mode and see if it repeats the error.
The Second Error is for Acrobat Reader. In Reader go to Edit/Preferences/General/and uncheck Enable Protected Mode at Startup.
The Third Error is about Internet Explorer but it didn't say what.
The Last Error is that a document did not print to the Cute PDF printer. Try uninstalling Cute PDF Restart and then reinstall it. Or save the document as a PDF, open it in Cute PDF and send it to your default printer.
As for your other problems, download CCleaner and analyze the drive and cleanup the temp files it finds.
Then download Malwarebytes and run a full scan.
If you're having problems with printing, download an updated driver for your printer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-event-viewer-shows-a-lot-of-errors-581262.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have been looking through my Windows Event Event laptop 10 my Windows Viewer queries on Log lately and see a lot of errors that I would like to get cleaned up if possible and was hoping I could have some advice on why they might be occurring and how to fix them The main ones Event Viewer queries on my Windows 10 laptop occurring consistently are ESENT ID varies Kernel-PNP and DistributedCOM and The most common are ESENT and DistributedCOM errors and I would like to fix them if possible DistributedCOM error ID - quot The server E F - EBE- - - E FE D did not register with DCOM within the required timeout quot ID - quot The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID D B C -BB - -A F-E B D and APPID CA EE -ACB - C -AFC -AB C to the user NT AUTHORITY SYSTEM SID S- - - from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool quot These above happen multiple times a day Kernel-PNP ID - quot The driver Driver WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT WPD quot ESENT Errors ID - quot SettingSyncHost A D-ED - EFB- D - C A E F A request to write to the file quot C Users Alex AppData Local Microsoft Windows SettingSync metastore meta edb quot at offset x for x bytes succeeded but took an abnormally long time seconds to be serviced by the OS This problem is likely due to faulty hardware Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem quot ID - quot SettingSyncHost An attempt to open the file quot C Users Alex AppData Local Microsoft Windows SettingSync remotemetastore v meta edb quot for read only access failed with system error x quot The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process quot The open file operation will fail with error - xfffffbf quot ID - quot RemindersServer CortanaCoreInstance A request to read from the file quot C Users Alex AppData Local Packages Microsoft Windows Cortana cw n h txyewy LocalState ESEDatabase CortanaCoreInstance CortanaCoreDb dat quot at offset x for x bytes succeeded but took an abnormally long time seconds to be serviced by the OS This problem is likely due to faulty hardware Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem quot ID - quot svchost Unistore A request to read from the file quot C Users Alex AppData Local Comms UnistoreDB store vol quot at offset x for x bytes succeeded but took an abnormally long time seconds to be serviced by the OS This problem is likely due to faulty hardware Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem quot ID - quot wuaueng dll SUS ClientDataStore Flush map file quot C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution DataStore DataStore jfm quot will be deleted Reason ReadHdrFailed quot ID - quot wuaueng dll SUS ClientDataStore Error - validating header page on flush map file quot C WINDOWS SoftwareDistribution DataStore DataStore jfm quot The flush map file will be invalidated Additional information SignDbHdrFromDb Create time Rand Computer SignFmHdrFromDb Create time Rand Computer SignDbHdrFromFm Create time Rand Computer SignFmHdrFromFm Create time Rand Computer quot These are just a few examples of the errors that are constantly appearing in the event log viewer multiple times daily I don't know if they are impacting performance but I would certainly like to rule them out Anyone have any ideas how Any help much appreciated Alex

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/59936-event-viewer-queries-my-windows-10-laptop.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Just after a system recovery on both C/ and D/ drives, the following screen is displayed in Windows Event Viewer
Application Error Records 64KB
Security Audit Records 64KB
System Error Records 64KB.
Is this normal?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-event-viewer-after-system-recovery.306316/
Relevancy 74.39%

Various forums I have visited yield no answers, only a multitude of other users asking the same question

There are no headings in the console, it is blank, while all the requisite services are running

and I am stumped.

Tx,
Joe

Relevancy 74.39%

I was checking event viewer and I noticed something that caught my attention two days ago on the th I noticed this ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows Update started downloading an update Restart Required To complete the installation of the following updates the computer will be restarted within minutes ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Basically I was viewer windows update question, event 8 wondering why didn't my computer restart when it was supposed to Which was right after the install completed In the event viewer it even said that the system will restart in minutes but it never did the next restart was logged on the morning of the th Looked further into it and I saw the same thing reoccurred again earlier I notice windows 8 update question, event viewer this has happened before as well I check event viewer and last month I saw the same thing ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ windows 8 update question, event viewer Restart Required To complete the installation of the following updates the computer will be restarted within minutes Yet no restart took place after this ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- same thing Restart Required To complete the installation of the following updates the computer will be restarted within minutes Microsoft ZuneVideo - Microsoft BingSports - Microsoft BingHealthAndFitness - Microsoft BingWeather - Microsoft BingNews - Microsoft BingFoodAndDrink -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Yet no restart took place after minutes the next time the PC was restarted was actually a day later I'm really confused Why does event viewer say that my PC was supposed to shut down in minutes and then doesn't

A:windows 8 update question, event viewer

Hi Grecoc38 My guess is that the Windows Update are configured with the following option: "No auto-restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installation". Which means that if you are logged in and there's scheduled updates to install, your computer will not restart. On Windows 8/8.1, it'll tell you in the Windows Update window that updates are scheduled to be installed on the next restart, while on Windows 7 it used to prompt you a message saying that updates have been installed and to reboot (and you could delay that). In other words, I wouldn't worry about it and consider it a normal behavior of Windows.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583501/windows-8-update-question-event-viewer/
Relevancy 74.39%

I would like to ask you for help to fix following problem
Since app. mid. July I have found the following warning in the Event Viewer /the same repeating even a few times a day / :
(the reanslation made by me from original Polish in the Even Viewer so please apology for possible not so proper expressions)
ID:3037 Warning Source: Microsoft-Windows-Search
 The search could not be started on content source <mapi15://{S-1-5-21-1287633286-651115146-4152900111-1001}/>.
Context: Windows Application, SystemIndex Catalog
Details:  The specified address has been already reprocessed during this update. This information get during alerts reprocessing means that the alerts are excessive or instead of request to add there should be used request to modify  (HRESULT
: 0x80040d0d) (0x80040d0d).
Would appreciate your explanation and advices how to fix it.
Thank you in advance and best regards,
 Ewa

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1e5f5127-0d8a-4572-823c-078ebfa29281/warning-in-the-event-viewer-from-search-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral