Windows Support Forum

WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

Q: WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

It was working day before yesterday The Tray icon only shows the network Ethernet adapter the wifi icon is missing Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks that option is not available Instead I get quot Not Connected - No Connections Available quot If I plug in an Ethernet cable that message goes away But I need wifi I head into the quot Settings quot app choose quot Network amp Internet quot and the topmost tab is quot Airplane Mode quot the quot Wifi quot tab is missing from the Settings app I head into the control panel Tray Tab Icon WiFi Missing; Missing WiFi Settings network and internet network connections change adapter settings and my Wi-Fi adapter is there enabled and full green signal strength quot Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N quot WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing Disabled it and reenabled it to see if that would help didn't help Rebooting twice didn't help Full power reset press-hand-hold power button for seconds and restart didn't help Ran network troubleshooter it says there may be an issue with the wifi adapter's device driver it tried to fix it but failed So I manually updated the device driver in the Properties dialog that seemed to actually install a new driver based on how long it took but it didn't help I wonder if there was a recent auto-update for this device that's causing a problem Or is there some way behind the scenes to hook up this device who's driver seems to be working with the windows app which isn't recognizing it I'm pulling my hair out and wasting a lot of time on this Any help from the experts would be greatly appreciated Specs Windows Home -bit upgraded from Windows about months ago Samsung Laptop

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

OK I solved it this way:

in control panel, network and internet, network connections, change adapter settings:
1) disabled the adapter
2) uninstalled the driver (removing from disk)
3) deleted the adapter (right-click didn't let me do it; the option was disabled, but I could delete it by pressing the "del" key while selected)
4) refreshed the view (f5) and saw that the adapter was no longer in the list
5) went to the device manager
6) removed the device
7) chose "find new hardware", the device showed up in the list again
8) rebooted.

I was connected to the internet through an Ethernet cable connection while I did this; it may have helped but I'm not sure.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39729-wifi-settings-tab-missing-wifi-tray-icon-missing.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Dear sir, I have HP Mini 110-3000 . As there was problem in my original pre-loaded operating system so i formated it and installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit operating system.After formating it i am unable to see wireless network icon in my system tray instead there is another icon which is used to connect internet via LAN cable. What is the problem? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/After-formating-wifi-network-icon-missing/td-p/5711013
Relevancy 107.07%

cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting.
and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260.
but i can connect to internet through ethernet.
Please help

A:Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

It's possible that driver is wrong/corrupted, did you try reinstalling it ?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57188-wifi-adapter-missing-network-settings.html
Relevancy 107.07%

cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting.
and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260.
but i can connect to internet through ethernet.
Please help

A:Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

It's possible that driver is wrong/corrupted, did you try reinstalling it ?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57188-wifi-adapter-missing-network-settings.html
Relevancy 107.07%

after a factory reset - i am missing wifi bars icon on start menu.... i can only access internet with chord, i am on a Dell Inspiron N5110 / windows 7

i would appreciate the help

A:after a factory reset - i am missing wifi bars icon

Try this:

1) Right-click on your LAN icon in the lower right-hand side of your task bar and select "Open Network And Sharing Center."
2) On the left-hand side of the Network Sharing Center choose "Change Adapter Settings."
3) Make sure that your "Wireless Network Connection" icon is enabled by right-clicking on it and selecting "enabled". You'll know that it is already enabled if the right-click menu option says "disable".

If that doesn't work, you might be missing a driver or another piece of software-like item. Did you buy this machine brand new?
Also, please use the TechGuy SysInfo utility and paste the results in this thread via a reply.
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-a-factory-reset-i-am-missing-wifi-bars-icon.1079427/
Relevancy 101.91%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 100.19%

How do I know if my Windows 7 computer is using WiFi or its Lan connection? Have both on the computer in question. However I can only see the WiFi status bars in the tray.

I want to ensure that the computer is using LAN when the network cable is connected. It is connected but the tray only displays the Wifi bars.

Thanks

A:LAN vs WiFi icon in tray

Left click on the network icon in the notification area and choose "open network and sharing" and then select change adapter settings. There you will see if they are both enabled. And if you only want wifi than disable the "local area connection" and vice versa.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203014-lan-vs-wifi-icon-tray.html
Relevancy 100.19%

hi im new here i need help with Windows Tray Icons Changer maybe i screwed up or something just went wrong and now i cant restore and no audio and network icon display on 7 How missing to tray icon? Windows restore Tray Changer Icons tray its display quot could not find file 'C Windows system SndVolSSo dll' quot and this Image quot captured png quot Code Start See the How to restore missing tray icon? Windows 7 Tray Icons Changer end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box Exception Text System IO FileNotFoundException Could not find file 'C Windows system SndVolSSO dll' File name 'C Windows system SndVolSSO dll' at Microsoft VisualBasic FileIO FileSystem CopyOrMoveFile CopyOrMove operation String sourceFileName String destinationFileName Boolean overwrite UIOptionInternal showUI UICancelOption onUserCancel at Microsoft VisualBasic MyServices FileSystemProxy CopyFile How to restore missing tray icon? Windows 7 Tray Icons Changer String sourceFileName String destinationFileName at W TIC Main Main Load Object sender EventArgs e at System EventHandler Invoke Object sender EventArgs e at System Windows Forms Form OnLoad EventArgs e at System Windows Forms Control CreateControl Boolean fIgnoreVisible at System Windows Forms Control CreateControl at System Windows Forms Control WmShowWindow Message amp m at System Windows Forms Control WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow WndProc Message amp m at System Windows Forms NativeWindow Callback IntPtr hWnd Int msg IntPtr wparam IntPtr lparam Loaded Assemblies mscorlib Assembly Version Win Version Win SP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorlib dll ---------------------------------------- W TIC Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file D Application - Software Installer Windows Customization Windows Tray Icons Changer exe ---------------------------------------- Microsoft VisualBasic Assembly Version Win Version Win SP - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL Microsoft VisualBasic b f f f d a a Microsoft VisualBasic dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version Win Version Win SP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System b a c e System dll ---------------------------------------- System Windows Forms Assembly Version Win Version Win SP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Windows Forms b a c e System Windows Forms dll ---------------------------------------- System Drawing Assembly Version Win Version Win SP GDR - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Drawing b f f f d a a System Drawing dll ---------------------------------------- System Runtime Remoting Assembly Version Win Version Win SP - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Runtime Remoting b a c e System Runtime Remoting dll ---------------------------------------- System Configuration Assembly Version Win Version Win SP - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Configuration b f f f d a a System Configuration dll ---------------------------------------- System Xml Assembly Version Win Version Win SP - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Xml b a c e System Xml dll ---------------------------------------- JIT Debugging To enable just-in-time JIT debugging the config file for this application or computer machine config must have the jitDebugging value set in the system windows forms section The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled For example lt configuration gt lt system windows forms jitDebugging quot true quot gt lt configuration gt When JIT debugging is enabled any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box End i knew where the missing files is transferred but i dont know how to restore to it original location Image quot png quot Image quot png quot im also attached the image for is there any solution for this run window... Read more

A:How to restore missing tray icon? Windows 7 Tray Icons Changer

Hello bageraz and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'd uninstall the Tray Icon Changer using the forced uninstall option from Revo Uninstaller (they have a 30 day free trial.) Hopefully this will also remove unwanted bits and pieces from the registry.

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall

Then I'd try running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two) to see if any system files were damaged or corrupted by the TIC. If any problems are noted run the scan 3 times rebooting in between each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/238286-how-restore-missing-tray-icon-windows-7-tray-icons-changer.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I've been using a Ethernet cable to connect to my computer for a while since it gave me a faster connection then wifi but I also use the Ethernet cable for other devices after a while I swap them I still could connect to wifi on my computer after a month pass I swapped it and I notice that my wifi is not connecting I have check it and it was nothing but a empty list I have searched the web for a solution for this problem but none of the solution worked I can no longer get wifi and I have no idea how to fix it I tried to update the network adaptor but nothing happened after all this manually connect to a wireless network gone missing and as wireless to Help 10 a and missing adaptor missing connect manually Windows network wifi well as my Wifi Network adaptor the only thing that showing in my network connection is quot Help Windows 10 manually connect to a wireless network missing and wifi adaptor missing Ethernet Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS quot and quot LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter quot those are the only things showing please help Also I had my computer for years and my computer had a built in Wifi adaptor or so

A:Help Windows 10 manually connect to a wireless network missing and wifi adaptor missing

Hi welcome to Windows Central! Here's a link from MS that might help. If you need more help, please join the forum and start a thread! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-get-connected Join the Windows Central Community!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444647-help-windows-10-manually-connect-wireless-network-missing-wifi-adaptor-missing.html
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi,

icon showing wifi signal strenght in my tray was changed few days ago.

Now I have there this icon -

What does it mean? How can I set it back to signal showing mode?

--
Networks:
1. Wifi network
2. Network created by Kerio VPN Client

A:Odd wifi signal icon in tray

Quote: Originally Posted by LuckyNeo

Hi,

icon showing wifi signal strenght in my tray was changed few days ago.

Now I have there this icon - http://i26.tinypic.com/se6jdk.jpg

What does it mean? How can I set it back to signal showing mode?

--
Networks:
1. Wifi network
2. Network created by Kerio VPN Client

It means there is a problem connecting. You should run the troubleshooting wizard by right clicking the icon

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/22458-odd-wifi-signal-icon-tray.html
Relevancy 99.33%

In the past week or so, the volume and Wi-Fi icons disappeared from my system tray. The icons didn't show up in notification area settings, or the inactive icons menu. I've tried system restore, and another solution that can be found HERE. Any Ideas?

A:No Wifi or Volume icon in Tray?

See if there's an Update for your Sound driver. It may be cued in optional Windows Updates after enabling Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware . Check there first. If not the latest driver for your model from Toshiba Model Content Page is from 2009, so I'd probably try to find a newer one on Realtek Support Downloads.

Otherwise uninstall it in Device Manager and reboot.

If these don't help check the System file integrity: SFC /SCANNOW Command

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266026-no-wifi-volume-icon-tray.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Sometimes Windows 7 SP1 shows a warning triangle on the WiFi system tray icon. The warning triangle is a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point in it.

Here is how it looks:

How does one determine what is causing that warning?

The WiFi works fine. The icon's tooltip shows the correct SSID, with "Internet access" in italics below it. Clicking on the icon shows that Windows is connected to the correct SSID. Everything seems to work fine, but Windows must think there is some sort of issue. There is no indication, outside of the triangle of what that issue could be.

What's causing that warning triangle?

A:Warning triangle on WiFi system tray icon

When I get that, it means I have no internet connection. I can ping the router but no outside stuff

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/372641-warning-triangle-wifi-system-tray-icon.html
Relevancy 95.89%

The house has laptops connected to a mobile hotspot Both connect fine to the internet One is a Lenova Win bit When it connects its wifi shows or bars for this house bars is high The second computer is a Toshiba that I got years ago and it has always shown bars Because it was the first Win machine in the house I assumed that was the way it was supposed to be until we got the Lenova I have searched the 5 bars system shouldn't tray icon WiFi when it shows always Net for some answer but found none I have cleared the Tray Notification Cache with CCleaner but that did nothing I ran a program that someone said would fix missing tray icons and that did nothing I have considered swapping that dll file with the icons in it forgot the name right now that I assume both the Toshiba and Lenova have Since they both have Windows Home Premium bit SP I would think the file would be the same I am just not sure what WiFi system tray icon always shows 5 bars when it shouldn't would happen For other information the wifi icon will show other 'phases' When I say phases I mean not connected connecting can't connect and connected but it will not show the separate bars I find this a little odd and a little maddening that the all powerful google can't help me Thanks

A:WiFi system tray icon always shows 5 bars when it shouldn't

Go to the Computer manufactures website and Help-support section for Wifi driver updates,
They will usually have a utility to auto search all existing drivers and post the updated releases,
You can also try Intel directly but most will recommend getting them from the manufacture's website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301535-wifi-system-tray-icon-always-shows-5-bars-when-shouldnt.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I recently installed a prgram to monitor how much i download as i have a 10GB limit. Whereas i got an icon in the tray for a couple of days so i was able to look for myself by utilising the tray icon how much i'd DLD, it's now disappeared and if i click on the program icon in the srart menu i get a dialogue box telling me it's already running. It somewhat defeats the object if you can't see whats going on. I've lookled in system config utility and the box for 'Broadband Download Monitor' is ticked . Can someone please tell me how to get my icon back.

Thanks

A:missing icon in tray

Try to open the task manager and see if the process for that program is running. If it is right click on it and choose end process.

Also whats the name of the program? I may be able to help further.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/missing-icon-in-tray-548260.html
Relevancy 94.17%

My mom's XP computer slowed down quite a bit about May I suspect malware but haven't been able to find anything with Icon Missing Tray Avg AVG free Spybot S amp D AdAware AVG antispyware SAS Housecall Bit Defender Panda the last three online--Panda still finds some registry trace from an old problem but doesn't give a location in registry HijackThis or a few of the specialized tools AVG seems to be scanning and updating regularly from the event log except sometimes when the program changes and Mom neglects to check the box for Zone Alarm to allow the new version to update Avg Tray Icon Missing Recently I notice that the control center icon in the system tray does not appear at startup even though all three lines for AVG are checked on the Spybot Startup list The process list has avgemc but not avgcc I can double click the desktop icon and the icon appears in the tray Then the control center window will say it is fully protected but I worry it is only fully protected after I started AVG manually Maybe AVG works differently on ME I quit control center and confirmed quit Then the icon disappears and avgcc goes from close program'' but not avgemc or AVG Test Center Then I started it again from the desktop and the test center appeared instead of control center Choosing the link for control center that screen comes up saying no available components'' for Avg Tray Icon Missing half a second before they fill in the the message says fully protected At what point have I restarted real-time protection when I double click avg or when I choose control center and AVG Control Center appears on the screen and in close program When I minimize control center the id in close program changes to avgcc Another issue with the tray is that the little arrow that unhides the icons sometimes turns into a blank space for a while and it becomes impossible to find out what icons are hidden I can literally find no new entries in hijack this from when the computer was starting up in a normal amount of time back in I think February to mid-May I removed avast from the XP computer because it seemed to be starting some process even though I unchecked all the entries in the startup list On ME the startup list seems to keep avast from running AVG and avast don't seem to interfere with each other's definition files but the avast full system scan maybe would take twice as long if you don't turn off the avg real-time protection and only use avast during the scan Anyway I think I uninstalled avast after the computer had slowed down and avast had not detected anything either rainbow warrior

A:Avg Tray Icon Missing

Yes that has happened to me as well when it does update but there at the bottom of the screen there is no icon. What i did was sent my hard drive to my local computer place and they said that it was caused from power cord failure and had nothing to do with viruses or malware.

Did you try to uninstall it then install it? Or maybe you could try to turn it off then back on...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113381/avg-tray-icon-missing/
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi all,

This problem has really got the better of me, the little sound icon (speaker) is missing from the systems tray, I have checked in control panel - sound and audio devices - place volume icon in taskbar is ticked, also when trying to open the volume properties (IE: start - programs - accessories - entertainemt - volume control) I get an error saying the required application is not installed????? I un-installed/re-installed my sound driver/software, still no luck....
Even performed a windows repair install....no luck....when trying to open the calculator, I get the same error,I un-installed/re-installed the device from device manager - no luck, the sound is working on the machine, just would like to control the volume using the icon in sys tray.....any ideas

Craig

A:Sound Icon missing from Sys Tray

Hi craiglee

Usually the missing taskbar applet is due to a problem with the sound drivers installation, as you've already suspected. Most drivers either use the standard "sndvol32.exe" built into WinXP, or provide their own, customized tray applet.

Try booting into Safe Mode & removing all your sound drivers while in there. Then reinstall your sound - cancel the New Hardware found when XP re-detects, and try the proprietary drivers from your audio vendors website. --- Another option would be to simply do a "Search" of your hard drive for "sndvol32.exe" and create a shortcut to it, then place that shortcut in the Startup folder.

The Calculator should work, unless you've had some strange mischief going on in your system files. A quickie workaround would be to use the PowerToys version http://www.theeldergeek.com/windows_xp_power_toys.htm

Did you have to clean any malware from the system recently?
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-icon-missing-from-sys-tray-119942.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi Sorry to be a pain and drag an old chestnut like this up again My volume icon is missing from the Tray and nothing seems to work to load it upon startup Here's what I tried Start Control Panel Sounds Audio Devices This says that my volume icon is Tray missing Icon from Volume is in the tray default The box is ticked ergo my volume Icon should be in the tray Unchecking- gt Apply Rechecking- gt Apply does bring the volume icon back again but only for this session copy paste the file quot sndvol exe quot from another computer into my quot system quot folder Did that twice once used a link from this forum for the file No discernible difference No Tray Icon back Sart Run regedit Searched and deleted entries for the sound volume normal file and old file Then Ctrl Alt Del to end process explorer exe New Task explorer exe I think that might have Volume Icon is missing from Tray worked for that one session as well Tried the search function in this forum just today and it broke down on me Otherwise I might have tried using information from other threads with similar problems Tried finding a Volume Icon is missing from Tray new driver for my Audio Devices but I can't get through the troubleshoot application Here's the specs for my machine Compaq Pressario V Laptop Win XP Home SP If you need any more information I'll be happy to oblige regards Heinz

A:Volume Icon is missing from Tray

Tru line 320 left hand side here; http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/volume-icon-is-missing-from-tray-419994.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I have installed Windows 7 Manager from Yamicsoft, I made some changes and its removed the network and icon from my tray?? I didnt choose those option in the program, I have checked and the options to show tray icons is enabled - it is in Windows 7 too, ive also tried enabling the network icon through GPEDIT to no avail - also tried following some advice from microsoft website which involved deleting two reg entrys and reloading explorer.exe - still no joy.

can anyone help with this? the network (wifi) still works..

I did make a restore point before I ran W7M but would like to try and fix without restoring

thanks

A:Network icon missing from Tray

You may also try the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue:

1. Go to Start > Run (or Windows-key + "R"), type in "regedit" and hit "OK".

2. Navigate to the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \TrayNotify"

3. Delete the values "IconStreams" and "PastIconsStream"

4. Now open up the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), go to the "Processes" tab, select "explorer.exe" and click "End Process"

5. Now open the "Applications" tab and click "New Task..." at the bottom-right of the window.

6. In the message box that pops up type in "explorer.exe" and hit "OK"

7. Explorer.exe will reload, and the missing icons should now be back in the system-tray where they belong.

If the registry keys are missing try other steps.

Please let me know if it resolves

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-icon-missing-from-tray.1061428/
Relevancy 92.02%

Not sure if I should post it in Performance forum.

I have a Acer Aspire 7741Z laptop.
Guest OS ....... Win 8 RP in VMware player.
Host OS ........ Win 7 Home Premium SP1.

Issue....
Power icon is missing in the system tray.
When I went to Customize > Turn System Icons On or Off > The Power icon is set at Off and pointer is grayed out ( un-clickable ).

I have google for answers, no dice.

Is it because Power icon shows on my Host OS system tray, and therefore it is not necessary to be shown in virtual machine ?

t-4-2

A:Power icon missing in system tray.

Your VM does not emulate the chipset which has the power options control on your real machine - so the functionality is unavailable.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/7790-power-icon-missing-system-tray.html
Relevancy 92.02%

The laptops I have that are set up with Windows 2000 have the battery icon mission in user mode (Restricted User)
Is there some way to give the user access to this. I have searched around and can't seem to find it.

Relevancy 92.02%

Found that I was not able to use my blue tooth mouse and my bluetooth icon was missing from the tasks tray in the lower right..
- changed batteries in mouse. Battery light is green. No results.
- turned bluetooth mouse on and off. No results.
- Depressed reconnect button. Battery light blinks. No results
- Went to bluetooth selection in programs menu. Clicked on settings.My mouse was listed by sony part number, but doesn't look active. Clicked "new connection" and got a response that "bluetooth is not ready". Tried to delete my device from the bluetooth setting window and got a reply "please delete the icon once you turn on the bluetooth module".

How do I turn on the bluetooth module? Anyone?

Thankyou.

Relevancy 92.02%

Am using Windows 7 Professional and suddenly the network icon has vanished from the system tray and there is no way to connect to Internet.
Am using Wi-fi connectivity from a Mobile for the network and connected through a Data Cable.

Tried
netsh winsock reset.
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

No result from the above commands.

Tried CTRL + Shift + ESC
Processes explorer.exe -- End Process
Application New Task explorer.exe

Still no result

System was working fine till now but suddenly facing this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/401053-network-icon-missing-system-tray.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Ok so this happened before I followed Microsoft's steps Quote Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive Press and hold down the SHIFT key as you insert the CD-ROM to prevent it from starting automatically Click Start and then click Run In the Open box type cmd and then click OK Type the following lines at the command prompt pressing ENTER after each line where CD-ROM drive is the drive letter of the computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive that contains the Windows XP CD-ROM and Control Icon from missing tray Volume system root is the path and folder name where the Windows system files are located generally C Windows CD-ROM drive cd i expand sndvol ex system root system sndvol exe Note that there is a space between quot Volume Control Icon missing from tray ex quot and quot system root quot in this command For example if your computer's CD-ROM drive is drive E and the folder that contains the Windows system files is C Windows type the following lines at the command prompt pressing ENTER after each line e cd i expand sndvol ex c windows system sndvol exe Type exit to quit the command prompt Verify that you can start Volume Control and that the Volume icon is displayed in the notification area if you selected this option Problem is when I enter the required text I get that Quote No Destination specified for expand sndvol ex system root system sndvol exe I explored the recovery disk that I have and I don't see this file What should I do

A:Volume Control Icon missing from tray

Is it the PC's manufactures recovery disk you are using or a Windows XP disk?

Is it just a missing icon here ie does your computer still make any noise?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/volume-control-icon-missing-from-tray-228793.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Today I logged into my Windows PC and opened up my OneDrive folder expecting to see a folder with some pictures I had uploaded from my cell phone I fried up my laptop and on this PC the files were there indicating that the sync was failing on my desktop Somehow by dumb luck I managed to get the sync started and when that happened I noticed that there was a cloud icon in my system tray and the icon remained in my system tray until I rebooted Upon reboot the oneDrive cloud icon is missing and I've been unable to figure out how to get it back I did notice on my laptop that the cloud icon the Tray from OneDrive System missing icon is in the system tray each and every time I boot but not on my desktop PC Has anyone experienced this problem and was able to get the icon to show up every time If so can you please share with me how to get the icon back in the system tray Thanks

A:OneDrive icon missing from the System Tray

Browse to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe and Send to Desktop (create shortcut). Run this whenever you need to, no need to keep it running all the time

If you still want it to auto-start, run with the shortcut/or the exe. On notification area icon, right click and settings - settings (tab) - check "Start OneDrive ...."

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/373027-onedrive-icon-missing-system-tray.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Sometimes when i reboot my PC the Network system tray icon would go missing, checking the notifications at control panel shows that network icon is unselectable and is at off, rebooting several times fixes the problem though, anyone know whats causing this ?

A:Network icon missing from system tray

Will post a picture to show you how to restore it

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20766-network-icon-missing-system-tray.html
Relevancy 92.02%

My volume control icon has gone missing from my taskbar. I have it set to show, but it just isn't there. I downloaded TuneUp Utilities recently, so I'm thinking that it is causing it not to show. I can't find any kind of option on the program to make it show though. Perhaps I am just overlooking it though, or perhaps it isn't TuneUp Utilities which is causing this to happen at all. Is there anyone who is familiar with TuneUp Utilities and knows whether or not there is a way to hide/unhide the volume control icon in the tray?

A:Volume Control icon missing from tray

oops...nevermind

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/8460/volume-control-icon-missing-from-tray/
Relevancy 92.02%

Am using avast! 6.0.1289 but the system tray icon doesn't display after booting (even though the Avast setting for the system tray is turned on). The AvastSVC process is running and the Avast AV service are both running. I execute Avast from the desktop and it says the Real-time shields (and others) are "on" and when I check the system tray - the Avast icon is there. (The AvastUI process is 'active' but wasn't initially.)Should I re-install Avast ?? I think the situation occurred after turning Avast off to run some malware removal tools (it turned out there was no malware/virus after all).I checked MSCONFIG - Windows startup - and Avast doesn't appear there ... how does Avast get started??

A:Avast System Tray Icon Missing

You can always try reinstalling/repairing your anti-virus when encountering issues.However, did you check to make sure the systray icon is not hidden? Right-click on the button (or Notification Area) and choose Properties. The Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window will open. Clcik the Taskbar tab and unheck the Hide inactive icons check box. If it's already checked, click the Customize button and check it its listed there as hidden.Hide or Unhide Notification Area (System Tray) Icons

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422047/avast-system-tray-icon-missing/
Relevancy 91.16%

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop that is Windows System Tray In Missing Icon Update one year old It has GB of memory with a Duo Core T processor I am using Windows XP Home Edition with SP I have Norton recently upgraded to but after Windows Update Icon Missing In System Tray the below described problems begin Spy Sweeper and Registry Mechanic installed Windows Update Icon Missing In System Tray I also have Dell Support Center installed on computer I have my Windows Updates set to notify me but don t automatically download or install them I recently got a Windows Update Notification icon in my system tray It was the update for SP As soon as I started to download it it closed out and the icon in the system tray went away For the first few times that I started up my computer afterwards the icon would flash in the system tray then immediately go away Finally it got to the point that it would not even flash in the tray Does anyone know what caused this Is it a Windows problem or a Norton problem I have a desktop with all the same stuff on it that I have on this laptop but the problem doesn t occur on the desktop I found one entry on a Symantec tech forum talking about this exact problem but there was no solution posted nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

I just bought a Dell notebook with Windows 7 installed. I had Vista installed in my other computer and so learning Windows 7 is a bit of a challenge. My current problem is, the desktop icon is missing from the (I think it is called) the systems tray. It's the "tray" at the bottom of the Window's screen. It was there when I first started Windows but soon after I noticed that it is missing. Is there any way to get the desktop icon back? It made it much easier to get to the desktop from another program. Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Relevancy 91.16%

I'm running MS Outlook on Win XP SP2. Everything works fine except that the tray icon is missing. I'm familiar with hiding and unhiding tray icons--that's not it. It's just non-existent. I've looked all over. The tray icon is missing completely. I need it for options, such as "Minimize to tray" for Outlook.

Any ideas? I'm stumped.

A:Outlook 2002 Tray icon missing (not just hidden)

Try this reg file from Kellys-Korner. Save it to your desktop and double-click on it to merge it to your registry.

If no luck,

Read this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-tray-icon-missing-not-just-hidden.855412/
Relevancy 91.16%

I ll be frank and direct I m going INSANE with this god damn problem I my volume control icon has disappeared from the system tray which means I can t control my volume the way I like choosing how loud each application would sound adjusting sound volume manually instead of using the tray system Volume HELP! control. Missing PLEASE icon: Quickplay buttons I have I have tried like five different freaking solutions and I just hate none of them Missing system tray icon: Volume control. PLEASE HELP! working I ve looked all over the internet and no one has been giving me the right solution I tried erasing Pasticonsteam and iconstreams via regedit and it didn t work I tried adding two or three registry items offered by websites to supposedly fix the problem it didn t work I checked my device manager to see if my sound card was iffy with and exclamation mark and no it works fine I tried quot enabling quot the volume control via the Properties option on the task bar but the volume control is GRAYED out NOTHING works Someone please help me I m really annoyed wit this stupid problem ANy help is HIGHLY appreciated http imageshack us photo my-images devicemanagar png http imageshack us photo my-images volumecontroll png nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my creative x-fi software, in the sense that when I bought my computer there was an icon in the system tray that would allow me, amongst other things, to change the mode of my sound i.e. Multimedia, Gaming and Creation. I updated my drivers and software for this and now the icon has gone and it is replaced by the rather dull windows standard one. That only allows me to turn the volume up.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, but previously I had Vistam and the icon wasn't showing in there after I updated the software. Does anyone have a solution to this? I have looked on the Creative site and cannot find anything to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

A:Missing creative volume icon in system tray

if you have an installation disc for your creative sound card, reinstall it & stay away from web updates unless they're offered by your computer manuf. creative cards can be finicky!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-creative-volume-icon-in-system-tray.919127/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi guys,

For some reason, the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon is no longer in my system tray. I have already checked that I have not disable inactive icons. It was there ever since I got my computer but just a few days ago, it disappeared. Does anyone have any ideas how i could get it back? Thanks!

Lawrance

A:Missing "safely Remove Hardware" Icon In System Tray

The only solution I can think of for fixing that is to simply unplug the device, then plug it back in. Maybe you need to reboot your computer to clear out the memory.

Also, I have devices that I plug into my USB port too, and the icon down in the taskbar doesn't do anything other than take quite a few clicks just to tell you it's ok to unplug something, when you can just unplug it from the port, or just unplug the device, and leave the wire still in the port. Either way, that icon doesn't value much of a usage.

I just tested mine again while I'm doing this, and as long as my device is working, I don't even see a need for it anyway. It told me me that it was ok to unplug my device when I clicked on my icon to unplug my device. I didn't need to click all those mouse clicks and select which item I wanted to unplug... all I do is just unplug my devices, and it's a done deal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85998/missing-safely-remove-hardware-icon-in-system-tray/
Relevancy 89.87%

Is there a trick to make the network icon display in the system tray in a guest acct.? The network icon displays just fine on my admin acct, but not when I'm logged into my guest acct. that my daughter uses.

Navigated to Control Panel > Personalization > Taskbar and Start Menu > etc., etc. and found the option to enable the Network icon is greyed out.

Any ideas how to correct this? Reg fix maybe?

Thank you,

Donna

A:Network icon missing in system tray on guess acct.

Hello Donna,

You might see if using the tutorial below to enable the Network icon may be able to fix this for you. It will need to be done from inside your administrator account.

Notification Area - System Icons

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300325-network-icon-missing-system-tray-guess-acct.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi I have a color LaserJet that I just reinstalled on my system new hard drive and noticed the digital imaging icon is missing from the system tray I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software about Monitor Missing Tray Imaging Icon From System HP Digital times to no avail I disabled Norton Internet Security although I forgot HP Digital Imaging Monitor Icon Missing From System Tray SystemWorks I did do some online research and I know it is related to C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe even tried to make it run manually and it will not start kind of like something is blocking it from running properly The interesting thing is that if I go the task bar properties customize past icons I can see the icon with a red line through it that says quot terminating digital imaging monitor quot I also uninstalled and went to the HP website and reinstalled the sofeware that way and it did not change anything When I installed it on my other hard drive it installed fine and I never had a problem How would I go about getting the icon back and working properly Thanks in advance for your help Ashley

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/227200/hp-digital-imaging-monitor-icon-missing-from-system-tray/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi, I have an Asus Eeepc Netbook with Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. I don't see the network icon (for some reason it disappeared) or the time in system tray. I went through the steps outlined here unsuccessfully. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.
(I checked Device Manager and there are no conflicts, the network adapters are all there and showing no problems).

A:Network icon and time/date missing from System Tray

Hello! Try clicking on the little icon, and then customize. Then turn on all the notifications & icons you want from there.

Tell me how you get on!
Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/257171-network-icon-time-date-missing-system-tray.html
Relevancy 89.01%

from device manager network controller is yellow
this is windows 7 64 bit
dell latitude e6410

tried to install below drivers , all of them did not install need help
Network_Driver_WD35F_WN_5.100.235.12_A37.exe
Network_Driver_3MNPT_WN_15.10.0.10_A06.exe
NIC_DRVR_WIN_R254689.exe

A:wifi icon is red cross, also wifi light on laptop does not show up

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Select the Network Controller Right click select Property's ...

Then the Details Tab and Post any Info it says there ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357267-wifi-icon-red-cross-also-wifi-light-laptop-does-not-show-up.html
Relevancy 86.43%

i was able to go to the internet using wifi but suddenly, the wifi icon on the lower right screen is gone. the wireless connection in network connection in control panel is gone too. there's a wifi switch in my laptop. if its on right, it means wifi is on (blue led). if its on left, wifi is off (orange led). but now, even if it's on right, the led is orange. so whichever side the switch is, the led is orange (means wifi is off).

im using windows xp media center edition.

can someone help me please?

thanx!!

Relevancy 86.43%

Hi !
I have a windows 10, and found it impossible to connected to my library wifi network.
There's a "no access" message displayed; in fact the network is available.
Troubleshoot tool said "One or several network protocol are missing".
How to solve this issue ?
Thanks a lot !

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3a8a1a6b-b443-4dec-9333-bbc7636b2a9c/wifi-protocols-missing?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi !
I have a windows 10, and found it impossible to connected to my library wifi network.
There's a "no access" message displayed; in fact the network is available.
Troubleshoot tool said "One or several network protocol are missing".
How to sold this ?
Thanks a lot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a30f9003-986a-4be9-8776-f0df32a88413/wifi-protocols-missing?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 86.43%

long time i have been using windows 7 which have no drivers for wifi so i ignored wifi and used ethernet. i had a keyboard change from hp service centre under warreny period .now when i updated to windows 10 i updated my wifi driver and found not working seeking online help i gonna reset my wireless board and found 1 cable is missing and other is unplugged when i connected one my bluetooth began to work but still one wire missing . i have hp 2000-2d28 notebook which shows only one wire  on wireless card and fine working can u refer me a solution which i can do myself or is it better to take to an hp care?

A:wifi cable missing

Hi @harimanjakala, Thank you for posting at HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that you found the WiFi driver, so you want to connect the WiFi card to use the WiFi function. Is the notebook needs to be fixed HP Pavilion g6-2313tu Notebook PC? If so, you can refer to this Maintenance and Service Guide. On Page 50, you will find the instruction of how to disassemble and assemble the WLAN module. From the maintenance and service guide: The 1/black WLAN antenna cable is connected to the WLAN module 1/Main terminal. The 2/gray WLAN antenna cable is connected to the WLAN module 2/Aux terminal. Which cable is missing? It could not be found in the laptop? You may need to find a match one. If the laptop is still in warranty, it is better to contact HP support for repair. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-cable-missing/td-p/5695634
Relevancy 86.43%

hello ...
i'm using toshiba portege m600 with xp
i cant see my wifi signal from my computer .. but my neighbours wifi is visible and my son computer has no problem using my wifi ...
tq for any response ...

Relevancy 86.43%

I have an inspiron dell 3542 laptop that runs on windows 8.1 64 bit...after doing a system restore my wifi stopped working...there is no enable/disable option and restoring the system does nothing..i even reinstalled windows to no avail.i noticed that the adapter in device manager doesnt exist and that seems to be the root of the problem..i installed some supposed drivers by transfering the install file through usb but nothing changed...i would appreciate any forms of help.

A:wifi adapter gone missing

Supposed drivers? You should download the drivers from the Dell site for your model and try those. Make sure they are the ones for 8.1 64-bit.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70041-wifi-adapter-gone-missing.html
Relevancy 86.43%

So my only network adapter showing under device manager is the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller.

No matter what I do (numerous restarts, run as administrator, etc) I cannot get the WiFi adapter to download from the HP site.

I have an HP G6-1b79dx Windows Professional x64.

A:WiFi Adapter Missing

Hi there .. Can you download any thing from the net .. Or is it just the HP website ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/306944-wifi-adapter-missing.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have recently upgraded my winows 8.1 to 10. after updated my all drivers are working properly except wifi driver. so, i visited hp support and downloaded the latest driver-(Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Drivers )after installing it i didnt found driver in my laptop. from tht instant im not able to connect through wifi .I had tried so many ways to solve my problem but i can't.please try to fix it

A:wifi driver is missing

@denni2? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-driver-is-missing/td-p/5701750
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi i have a hp probook 4530s. I recently installed a new norton security package upon restart the wifi icon amd every thing to do with wifi has dissapeared. There is a wifi on off button on the keypad area and when i press it, all that seems to happen is the Bluetooth turns on/off i have looked in the network adapters amd nothing is there. Its like wifi option has just got up and left my laptop. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when i went to the hp support site they dont provide drivers for windows 10 as i was going to try install the drivers for wifi again. Im stumped can anyone help?

A:Wifi / Wifi icon has left my laptop

I remember seeing a post on the HP Forums about this, but just now, I can't find it. From what I remember, this was a known problem with the new Norton security package. You should check the Norton security forums to see about this as they probably have a fix for it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41954-wifi-wifi-icon-has-left-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Latitude E running Windows Was working fine and then days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on When I boot up the wifi icon shows wifi to a Can't Wifi shows any red more. icon x. connect black and white with the little asterisk I can click on it and see my network and my neighbors all showing up fine However after I click to try to join the network it thinks for a bit and then says Can't connect to this network Even if I put Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. in the wrong passcode I get the same error so it's Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. never getting far enough to even validate that After I click Close to that the Wifi icon then shows with a red white x I can then no longer see any wifi networks available at all After a minute or so the red white 'x' goes away and I can then try again but get the exact same results The network card that was in the laptop DW didn't technically have a Windows driver from Dell so I took a card from a different laptop that is supported DW but it has the exact same results I also tried connecting to a different wifi and got the exact same results Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it My other laptops phones Fire TV stick etc can all connect to the router just fine The laptop was just reimaged a week or so ago and worked fine for a few days before this happened Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65842-cant-connect-wifi-any-more-wifi-icon-shows-red-x.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi i recently upgraded from vista to Windows 7. The wifi icon that detects wifi is missing....

Using speccy it says that wifi has not been enabled....how do i enable it? Any Ideas?

I have visited the Packard Bell website to update drivers but the only info I have on the model is Notebook ZH7 but amazingly there is no refernece to this model on their site. I have downloaded and scanned and installed drivers from Device Doctor but still no joy...

How on earth can I connect to the internet? Any ideas? THANKS

A:No wifi icon at a loss to connect by wifi

hi is there not a button the top of the keyboard that turns wireless on or off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130786-no-wifi-icon-loss-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Ok Thank you guys in advanced before I start So for some odd reason today on one of my laptops my wifi seems to not be working Usually I like to go and look at my wifi signal to see Wifi icon system system not tray. showing in up what Im connected to as soon as I boot m computer Well this time I started it up and the wifi system icon will not show up Of course I go to customize to see if its disabled and if I can enable it Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray. Well the option doesn't even show up I restarted the computer and even used system restore nothing seems to work I ran a wireless network troubleshoot and it says Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray. the problem cant be resolved Im on one of my other laptops because I cant access the internet on the laptop So can anyone help me at all Im new to this forum I think but I do have FRST so if anybody has an idea please let me know I will provide all the information I can if you tell Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray. me what i need to get

A:Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray.

Have you checked Device Manager?  Are there any problems noted with the wifi connection there?
Have you tried:
- downloading a fresh copy of the wifi driver from the manufacturer's website
- uninstalling the current wifi software/drivers
- installing the freshly downloaded drivers?

Have you tried to reset tcp, ip, and winsock?
From an elevated Command Prompt run (and press Enter after each command.  Reboot when done):
netsh int tcp reset
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579005/wifi-system-icon-not-showing-up-in-system-tray/
Relevancy 85.57%

I INSTALLED WINDOWS 7, BUT I CANT CONNECT WIFI AND BLUTOOTH..SO PLEASE SEND ME WLAN & BLUTOOTH DRIVER LINK

A:MISSING WIFI & BLUTOOTH DRIVER

Hi: According to the parts list for your notebook, it comes with a Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination adapter. These would be the W7 wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Ralink wireless LAN Controllers in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71525.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the MediaTek/Ralink Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70570.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/MISSING-WIFI-amp-BLUTOOTH-DRIVER/td-p/5726654
Relevancy 85.57%

I had recently had downgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 8 (Pro) using an installiation disk I got from college (but didn't use it until now). The installiation was successful, but the laptop does not recognize any wireless wifi signals. My old laptop and other household products are able to connect to the wifi just fine. (using my old laptop to type this message). I believe I had wiped the drivers that were previously installed when I had downgraded. What should I do?My laptop (the one I want to fix) is an HP Notebook 15 touchscreen. (Product code on box: 15-F211WM)Thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Notebook missing Wifi Driver

Hi, Yours machine uses  Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bg/n 1x1 WiFi adapter    Source:   http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=L0T32UA               (Please bookmark the above link for future referrences). Please try the following driver:      http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_134477_1 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Notebook-missing-Wifi-Driver/td-p/5595521
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello guys, hope someone can help me figure out whats going on with my tablet (WinBook). I've installed W10 few weeks ago since then never had any problems with it, but today I noticed I cannot connect to wifi. it's gone from Network settings, if I open "connection" icon on task bar I only see Airplane mode..Network adapter from Device manager is also gone. I have no idea what to do now...
I did try this - connect to internet via Bluetooth from Lumia phone and with Intel Driver Update Utility scanned tablet, only thing it found is update for Graphics driver.. what else can I do?

A:W10 - Network Adapter is missing - no WiFi. What can I do?

I don't know why you are using the intel driver update, but maybe you should get the drivers from the oem tablet?
maybe you should look in the update settings history and see if you got some weird thing there or anything.
maybe check updates with the bluetooth connection, or scan for hardware changes in device manager.
I tried to get you the link of Winbook drivers, BUT I am not sure if it's microcentertech and if that's the one the made your tablet, well their site is crap. maybe you should give some exact model or anything. I am sure if we got the wifi driver and you installed it, everything would go back to normal.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/383899-w10-network-adapter-missing-no-wifi-what-can-i-do.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Start folder icon for settings is gone. Was there last week. Now, only Power, Documents & my account picture. How can I get the settings 'gear' icon back on the start folder when I left click on the Windows start button.

A:start folder settings icon missing

Hello @Stockmavn? Welcome to the HP Support forum ! Thank you for your post. Does this help >> http://www.intowindows.com/fix-settings-missing-from-start-menu-in-windows-10/  ? Open Settings app. Since the Settings icon is missing from the Start menu, click on the Action Center icon in the system tray and then click All Settings tile to open Settings. You can also open the Settings by simultaneously pressing Windows logo and I keys.Once the Setting app is launched, click Personalization.Click Start.Click the link labelled Choose which folders appear on Start.Finally, turn on the option labelled Settings to add Settings icon back to the Start menu.  If the first one above did not help and you are sure you did try everything there, check >this<  Let me know how it goes. Provide your feedback and don't hesitate to post again.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/start-folder-settings-icon-missing/td-p/5817010
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey I'm having a bizarre problem with Vista Home bit which suddenly appeared overnight I put my notebook to sleep the day before and when I powered it back on this morning it was on the black amp white boot up menu saying the notebook and crashed and had to restart I opted to boot windows normally problem - Sudden icons Program system missing directories; folder empty; tray missing but it kept restarting Same problem with safe mode I tried to repair the installation with the installation disc but that didn't work Got to System Restore tried to restore a previous point but that failed I rebooted again and miraculously it booted up to the desktop But I've noticed a few major problems The program folder Sudden problem - Program folder empty; missing directories; missing system tray icons in the start menu is empty The system tray has missing icons most notably network connections A few directories in C are missing Am sure I didn't delete them Many applications like MS Office or Adobe Acrobat are missing have broken links and therefore do not work I have user accounts on the notebook and both have similar problems When I boot up in Safe Mode the program folder has a few applications listed but the other problems remain System Restore doesn't work It returns an error message saying a file's missing or something like that I feel something's corrupted but I don't even know how to begin searching for a solution to the problem since the symptoms are all over the place Would appreciate any help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303930-sudden-problem-program-folder-empty-missing-directories-missing-system-tray-icons.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello, I have a Spectre 13-3000t that has worked pretty well for a while now. However, the wifi adapter has completely disapeared.  The Airplane mode is off but no adapter shows under the network connections. I have verified that with a usb to ethernet adapter I can get internet again but wifi is completely missing from the system. So far I have reinstalled the wifi intel drivers with no luck.  Any help would be appreciated! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-adapter-missing-on-HP-Spectre-13-3000t/td-p/5711984
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi guys, im going to install windows 8.1 on my lenovo g50-30, but thers no wifi Realtek driver to download , only Intel, anyonee has an idea where to get it ? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Missing-Wifi-Realtek-Driver-for-Windows-8-1-on-Lenovo-G50-30/td-p/3395114
Relevancy 84.71%

Sooooo My WiFi card basically disappeared This happened before but the computer was able to fix itself Randomly for no apparent reason the WiFi card disappears from device manager and the WiFi setting disappears in Windows settings Last time I didn't do anything to fix it I found the device in the hidden section if device manager I uninstalled it and restarted a whole bunch Card WiFi R7-371t Missing Acer of times I guess eventually it re-detected it and started working again for a week or two So I've been trying that again It might not be a surprise that it's not really working out so far heh This time I did go onto Acer's driver page obviously not with the computer with the not working internet and got the drivers for WiFi Acer R7-371t Missing WiFi Card Intel I have an Intel r Dual Band Wireless-AC Sooooo yeah Hope someone knows a fix for this because my laptop is basically bricked now Thankfully I have a desktop but its obviously not portable Thanks in advance

A:Acer R7-371t Missing WiFi Card

Something you can try.Shut down and then start holding Fn and as soon as you see the Acer logo, tap F3.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-R7-371t-Missing-WiFi-Card/td-p/425713/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi guys, im going to install windows 8.1 on my lenovo g50-30, but thers no wifi Realtek driver to download , only Intel, anyonee has an idea where to get it ? 

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-30-Missing-Wifi-Realtek-Driver-for-Windows-8-1-on-Lenovo-G50/td-p/3395114
Relevancy 84.71%

I bought HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab205TU on 22nd july 2016.when i tried connecting to wireless network (WIFI) it didnt give any connection and asked to connect internet using LAN ? I opened device manager and found out that there is no driver for wifi available. It has not been 6 hours since i bought it and first time I opened it is not connecting to wifi.

A:WIFI Driver missing HP-Pavilion 15 ab205tu

Did you downgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10 or are you connecting by use of a different PC?  Actually, you could have booted to the usb recovery media that you should have created by now and selected reinstall drivers and software. There is a driver available there for your wifi adapter. Wifi adapter drivers are available online at the suport portal for Windows 10.http://support.hp.com/ph-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499306/model/8818...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Driver-missing-HP-Pavilion-15-ab205tu/td-p/5698923
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi there My network adapter has disappeared overnight The computer was on all along and when I got to it in the morning the adapter missing device manager Wifi from network was Limited I turned airplane mode on off no networks were showing I disabled the adapter but it would Wifi adapter missing from device manager not re-enable code I then tethered using my phone but the plugged connection literally replaced the wifi adapter in my network options I've rebooted twice run sfc scans in between the window shuts straight away when it finishes therefore can't read any notification if Wifi adapter missing from device manager any but no dice I went into device manager and ticked 'show hidden items' which revealed my adapter I tried uninstalling it to then scan for hardware but the scans just come back as if nothing was missing Was gonna do a DISM repair next but with the adapter uninstalled altogether I'm a bit reluctant to dig my hole any further without guidance This issue seems common from what I read but usually one of the manipulations I've attempted solves the problem Would anyone have a clue I'm using Windows bit adapter is Realtek RTL BE Happy to provide more info if need be Thanks t

A:Wifi adapter missing from device manager

First, please fill out your System Specs. See here: How to See Your System Specs with "System Info"

Try installing the Windows 8 64 bit driver from here: Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - ThinkPad S440, S540 - Lenovo Support (US)

If no help, to see all devices in Device Manager:

Create a new Environment variable called devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices and set it's value to 1 as follows:

Right click on My Computer, Computer or This PC and select PropertiesClick on the Advanced tabClick on the Environmental Variables buttonClick the New button under the User variables for xxxxx" area.Set the Variable name as: devmgr_show_nonpresent_devicesSet the Variable value to: 1Click OK as needed to close all the windows you opened.
To see the status of everything in Device Manager:

Open Device Manager:Hardware tab, Device Manager
XP: Control Panel, System, Hardware tab, Device ManagerVista, Windows 7, 8 and 10:Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings, Click on View then Show hidden devices.Click on the + next to anything that shows a yellow mark.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/71872-wifi-adapter-missing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 84.71%

my wifi adapter has vanished from my netork adapter list. Is there a simple way to get it back?Please help

A:missing wifi adapter hp pavillion windows 10

Can we have your model number? Do you have any problem devices in the device manager?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/missing-wifi-adapter-hp-pavillion-windows-10/td-p/5768786
Relevancy 84.71%

Dell Inspiron 17 7737 came with Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless - N 7260 adapter. The adapter is "lost" after soon after upgraded to Windows 10. Windows 10 is not able to detect the adapter, as if it was not installed. Any attempt to update driver was blocked.
I managed to get Bluetooth driver updated and working. However, WIFI adapter is somehow "history". Currently I have to depend on external WIFI adapter. Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 should be serving both Bluetooth and WIFI.
Does anyone experience this situation? How could we resolve this issue?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Eddie

A:Inspiron 17 7737 -- WIFI Adapter Missing

I am also facing the same problem now; but it worked very well for nearly past 1.5 years with Win10.
I don't know how to fix this issue.  I tried and I am trying various options, and failed in all attempt.
Please could anybody help me to overcome this issue ?

Thanks
Ben

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19665938
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all I just reinstalled Windows on an older notebook one of the first with it so it was ORIGINALLY with Windows and am now having issues with 7 missing adapter reinstall Wifi Windows after the WiFi It has never had any issues with this before so it is not an issue with the hardware I have followed the instructions given on a few sites and I have found that the WiFi card is listed under problem devices in the System Information window The vendor is and the device is C Wifi adapter missing after Windows 7 reinstall After finding that I went on the hunt for the drivers adapters for this but I was unable to find them I downloaded the wireless drivers available on Dell to no avail Even Wifi adapter missing after Windows 7 reinstall after installing each and restarting it did not fix the issue The only driver that seemed to match the lookup for that device was hosted on HP but installing that also did nothing If it matters I am currently on a Dell Studio Laptop Any help would be appreciated and I will give any information necessary I have attached a picture of the System Info Problem Devices If anyone knows what the others are or if they are important I would appreciate that Wifi adapter missing after Windows 7 reinstall too but I care much more about the WiFi nbsp

A:Wifi adapter missing after Windows 7 reinstall

Device #422C is a Broadcom WiFi and Vendor #8086 is Intel.
So if Dell is of no use, start digging around Intel or Broadcom's sites for native drivers.

Source: http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=422C

EDIT: Just realize this is from September. Whoops

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-adapter-missing-after-windows-7-reinstall.205416/
Relevancy 84.71%

using HP notebook 15-ac118TU with newly installed windows 8 32 bitnetwork installer is missing and is not available anywhere. Have given request earlier also but problem was not fixed.hardware ID's for controller isPCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_804C103C&REV_00PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_804C103CPCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&CC_028000PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&CC_0280if possible please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/missing-network-controller-due-to-which-unable-to-see-wifi/td-p/5654499
Relevancy 84.71%

I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 on my mini because the Windows 10 upgrade left it basically unusable. I've successfully installed windows 7 professional on it however I'm unable to connect to my wifi to do any updates. Under the device manager it says I am missing a network controller and a video controller. I was able to find a network adapter (Realtek PCI FE Family Controller) but I need help locating the others. I've tried to look up available drivers under my product on the HP website but it only had something Windows 10 specific. Device Instance path:Network controller: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_145C103C&REV_01\4&EDE306C&0&00E0 Video Controller: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A012&SUBSYS_1584103C&REV_00\3&21436425&0&11 Thank you for any assistance!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Cannot connect to wifi, network driver missing

Hi: You need these drivers... Network controller: This package contains drivers for the supported Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapters in the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems. File name: sp57965.exe Video Controller:  You posted you are running W7 64 bit, but your notebook came with W7 32 bit. You would need to use the 64 bit graphics driver directly from Intel for the 64 bit version.  2nd one on the list. Note:  I think the Intel driver site is messed up because when I click on the link to get to the driver, nothing happens, and this has happened to me twice today. You may have to wait until after the 4th of July holiday to get the driver if you have the same issue. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/intel-graphics-media-accelerator-3150-intel-gma-3150.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-connect-to-wifi-network-driver-missing/td-p/5677927
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a pretty new ASUS SonicMaster laptop.

Worked great for about a month.

Then no WIFI. Checked device manager and only the Family Ethernet device was present.

Then a few reboots later it appeared again. Since then it just randomly appears and goes missing.

It's a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485

Driver version is 10.0.0.287

Driver date is 3/25/2014

Windows says the driver is up to date. Tried installing Windows 10. Same problem. Tried a fresh install of Win 8.1. Same problem. The laptop has barely left my table so hasn't been knocked around at all.

Any help much appreciated. I don't really want to buy a WIFI dongle so would like to get the laptop sorted. Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-network-adapter-keeps-randomly-going-missing-1065386.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a HP p tx laptop and it's under warranty nbsp Like since months i am having problems with wifi like my wifi adapter used to be unavailable after i woke up my laptop from sleep I mean the wifi wasn't just disconnected but there was no wifi adpater under device manager list Once i selected scan for hardware changes it usually used to be back again But on the last wednesday nbsp it just didn't and now it's gone forever Tried restarting several times which didnt help ofcourse nbsp nbsp I thought of restoring system using windows system restore to a date before i had adapter under manager Wifi device missing this problem Now as the Wifi adapter missing under device manager laptop booted again the wifi was back and working normally as it used to I never put my laptop to sleep but just turned it off Next morning the wifi was still working and i thought the problem was solved but that was only before i put my laptop to sleep again and it was gone later nbsp nbsp I also tried removing the drivers installed for it from programs and features but it didn't allow me to uninstall them and popped an error saying it cannot be removed update nbsp There's no option nbsp of uninstalling the driver from device manager as i mentioned it doesn't even show up in the list So i tried resetting the laptop and same thing which happened for a system restore happened After putting the laptop to sleep it didn't work any further nbsp Plz help nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-adapter-missing-under-device-manager/td-p/5646240
Relevancy 83.85%

Months ago I found second microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter in my Network adapters. I don't know how it appears (hotfix, new driver???).
This week I reinstalled my laptop and microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter is gone. I try everything to get it back: new drivers from Dell, new drivers from Microsoft, Windows Update with all of updates etc. Nothing helped.
I use Windows 7 Ultimate x64, laptop is Dell Vostro 1700, physical WiFi is Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini Card.
How can I get back my microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter??

A:Missing Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

As far as I understand it's "native" to Windows 7.

You may just need to "enable" it in network adapter settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/69961-missing-microsoft-virtual-wifi-miniport-adapter.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I added a new wifi repeater to my LAN.
When i connect through it (better signal strength) to my modem i still have the internet.
But none of my mapped drives work and i can't see any Homegroup PC's on my lan.
As soon as i switch back to my regular wifi adapter they are all available again.

Is my wifi adpater linked to my Homegroup and mapped shares ?
How can i get my new adapter to map my network drives and Homegroup ?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61581-missing-network-shares-after-changing-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Heyy adapter Miniport Microsoft WiFI issue. Missing I have an issue regarding an adapter of Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter Previously on my windows Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue. Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter was installed when i started a hostednetwork or a hotspot through Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue. cmd But as i Microsoft WiFI Miniport adapter Missing issue. upgraded to windows Presently I have windows Pro Edition Os Build installed in my pc When Type following commands without quotes in cmd as an admin quot netsh wlan show drivers quot It shows quot Hostednetwork Supported Yes quot That means I can Create a hotspot But When I check in my network connections window in Control Panel it shows a driver named as quot Local Area Connection quot Although hotspot is created it never shares internet of my WiFi network As I have network Connection by means of WiFi using Tp-Link USB Wireless adapter I am unable to share my internet connection thorugh WiFi But As I said before in windows it shared internet connection through WiFi Also When i had checked before in network connections it showed a Microsoft Virtual Wireless Network connection and driver installed is Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter So I have a Question as quot Does Microsoft WiFi miniport adapter is available for windows quot And If yes there send me a link for downloading it And if not try helping me to fix it out Waiting for a Reply

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55535-microsoft-wifi-miniport-adapter-missing-issue.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I installed Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and now I seem to be missing my WiFi drive. Maybe there are other drivers missing; not sure yet. Does anyone know where I can get a driver for a ThinkPad T430 with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit?

Also, the screen looks pretty weird. I think I'll need a new video driver. I looked at some things online, but didn't see anything that looked right. If anyone here knows of a link where I can search for drivers for a ThinkPad 430, please do let me know.

Thanks everyone!

A:installed Windows 7 Pro Now missing WiFi Driver, and maybe other thing

Quote: Originally Posted by Richardzy

I installed Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and now I seem to be missing my WiFi drive. Maybe there are other drivers missing; not sure yet. Does anyone know where I can get a driver for a ThinkPad T430 with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit?

Also, the screen looks pretty weird. I think I'll need a new video driver. I looked at some things online, but didn't see anything that looked right. If anyone here knows of a link where I can search for drivers for a ThinkPad 430, please do let me know.

Thanks everyone!

ThinkPad 430--is that a Lenovo item?

Have you tried the support area of the Lenovo website?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/367787-installed-windows-7-pro-now-missing-wifi-driver-maybe-other-thing.html
Relevancy 83.85%

We have a one M900 that came in via work and for the life of us we cannot find a setting to disable WiFi in Bios.We use to have M93p and there was a setting there to disable it, but the bios is different in M900. We've already downoaded the latest BIOS and double check if there were any settings there but we cannot find any setting at all!  Hope someone knows more about this as we have a shipment of M900 coming in soon.   

A:M900 Tiny Disable Wifi in Bios Missing?

The M900 Tiny does not have a direct wifi disable/enable option in UEFI.In UEFI, the closest you can come is disable M.2 Sata option, of course, that disables the M.2 connector and may shutdown the Wifi since it's Sata based.Otherwise,Your options consist of:Physically remove the Wifi adapter.Do not install Wifi driver from Lenovo.Disable Wifi in Device manager if Windows picks it up.Move the Wifi driver to another folder after disabling Wifi in Device manager. You get the idea, I'm sure.       

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M900-Tiny-Disable-Wifi-in-Bios-Missing/td-p/3310479
Relevancy 83.85%

Dear Forum,
I am working in an organization and i am IT support engineer. comimg to issue...we do have multiple SSIDs in our organization and this is happening to some of the users who are using HR(for example) SSID. wifi profile is missing everytime, when user switch from home wifi or another network. this is happening only for one SSID(HR) among 6 SSIDs. where, it(HR) uses the EAP-FAST module. And user can access internet only through this particular SSID(HR) and remaing SSIDs are used by other important users. when user comes to us with this issue, we are adding it manually in Network sharing and Center>Manage wireless>Add . when user connects this SSID(HR), it takes windows login ID and password as credentials. there is no issue with other SSIDs.
thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399910-wifi-profile-missing-everytime-when-i-switch-another-network.html
Relevancy 83.85%

So all of a sudden I can't connect to the Internet. I have my wifi switch on my laptop turned on, I've done everything so far so I could get my wifi back on, but it just won't happen. I've rebooted my laptop three times already, did the same thing with the modem, and nothing.
Refreshed and still nothing.
I've uploaded an image so to have a clearer picture of things. Hope it helps.
Please help. I need internet on my laptop.
My OS is win7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-option-on-control-panel-is-missing.1159217/
Relevancy 82.99%

Have peculiar situation with laptop hope someone can please advise Recently got the little Sony VAIO P nd generation model VPCP AKJ Problems are as follows This is Japanese model so came with Japanese version of Win HP and recovery Device Network No Driver WiFi Can't - Install Controller - Missing OS is in Japanese and I do not know or read Japanese So not useful to me Prior owner changed the original WiFi card to an Intel WiMAX WiFi Link card After doing a fresh Win HP instal to get the OS in English and not have all the Sony bloatware that is part of the Japanese Windows recovery OS install I was missing several drivers including the Network Controller Ethernet Controller and Wireless Downloaded and installed drivers from Sony and Intel for WiMAX Network Controller Device Driver Missing - Can't Install - No WiFi driver file ICS s Now only missing driver Network Controller Device Driver Missing - Can't Install - No WiFi is the Network Controller The Intel WiMAX WiFi Link card is working WiMAX-wise and recognizes several WiMAX networks However it is not picking up on WiFi networks which is what I need I'm wondering whether the missing Network Controller driver is impacting this I have tried installing an Intel Wireless driver filename Wireless Ds when I run it it just shows a small quot square window with a WiFi like icon in it that shows a circular segmented progress like feature around the icon After a minute or so it disappears from display with no text message so don't know it installs anything or not Regardless the Network Controller is still missing The Hardware ID info for the Network Controller is PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV C amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV C amp CC The Physical Object Name is amp d b e amp amp E I searched on the Hardware ID info above to get info about the device and then download the driver file Perhaps I need a different driver file Problem is that Intel website says to go to laptop manufacturer site for this device but since it was not originally part of the Sony laptop they don't have driver file for it Also I have done all Windows Updates as well as trying to let Windows find install update drivers but no go for this one Feel like I'm going around in circles on this one driving me nutz Any suggestions Thanks Mark

A:Network Controller Device Driver Missing - Can't Install - No WiFi

Mark -

How were you able to install all rounds of Important and Optional Updates if you had no Ethernet or Wireless connection?

Did you plug in the ethernet cable during install which delivers that driver about 70% of the time (wireless about 50%)? If not plug it in now and enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3) to see if it loads from the driver Store or Windows Update.

Then if you've actually run all rounds of Updates to completion it will normally deliver the Wifi driver.

You can trace the driver using Hardware Identification.

Other steps in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 to get and keep a perfect install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/297555-network-controller-device-driver-missing-cant-install-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 82.99%

T450s missing WiFi driver after SCCM build, Intel WiFi driver not available from Update Retriever for 20BW. Only Realtek WiFi shows. But Intel WiFi driver is there from Support site. Kindly advice.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Missing-T450s-20BW-Intel-WiFi-driver-in-Update-Retriever/td-p/3336413
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi Thanks for having me on your forum As the title of my post states I'm having issues with my Windows Wifi or lack thereof Let me clarify I just got FIOS installed back in May Originally it was supposed to be installed in March but then Verizon workers went on strike Anyway before getting FIOS and the Quantum Modem Router I had DSL Linksy router I attempted to access utilize the wireless capabilities of the old DSL router and lo-and behold it worked I was able to use the quot Cast Router Issues? or Network MB Adapter Windows Missing, Wifi FIOS 10 to quot feature with the Samsung Smart TV Everything was working great Then I got the FIOS Quantum Modem Router and now not only did the Wifi disappear from my Windows quot Settings quot but the WLAN Network adapter is also missing from my quot Device Manager quot Basically I need to know if this is FIOS Modem Router or something with my motherboard I don't know if it's the motherboard but I'm not ruling the possibility out that it Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Missing, FIOS Router or MB Issues? could be I say this because Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Missing, FIOS Router or MB Issues? there wasn't an issue with WLAN Adapter missing from the quot Device Manager quot before I got new so-called improved FIOS Quantum Modem Router Regardless of how things shake out I would appreciate any help that you Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Missing, FIOS Router or MB Issues? can provide Thanks P S I might not get back to you quickly as sometimes when I get home from work the last thing I feel like doing to getting on the computer

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62330-windows-10-wifi-network-adapter-missing-fios-router-mb-issues.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I have an Acer laptop, Aspire E1-570. I changed it from Windows 8 to Windows 7 and it is now missing the wireless drivers so I can't connect to Wi-Fi. Where can I get the missing drivers please?
I loked through some old posts with a similar problem but the links provided weren't current/functional.
Thanks.

A:Switched laptop from Win8 to Win7 and missing wireless/wifi drivers

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Go to the Device manager / Network Adapters / Right click on the one that is missing .. Select Property's / Details Tab / There should be a Hardware ID there please Post it ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/339612-switched-laptop-win8-win7-missing-wireless-wifi-drivers.html
Relevancy 78.26%

recently usb resources wifi adaptor wifi wifi not recognized, hogging i was having major computer issues on my desktop i did a full restore to factory settings and after doing a few windows updates i found that my network adaptor was not finding any signals it does not show up in the change adaptor settings wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources page or in the device manager page when i troubleshoot my internet connection it says an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in I have a desktop computer but it definately has a wireless network card i used to get windows updates for it and it just stopped wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources working one day when i look in the BIOS the only option related to booting a network card is B D Yukon PXE no matter when i boot it i still dont get wireless signals when i go into the boot menu and try to boot this device it says quot PXE E media test failure please check cable quot i have opened the tower and the card is securely in its slot i thought i would workaround by getting a usb wifi card I installed it and connected to the internet and it alternated between having a connection to the internet and being connected to the network but not the internet even when it is connected to the internet i cannot reach any web pages my dropbox desktop files wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources update very slowly kb s when i am connected with the usb card the network stops working for everyone else in the house they can no longer reach web pages or continue downloads please help gateway DX AMD Phenom II X processor GHz GB DDRII RAM windows home premium EDIT additionally nothing shows up when i scan with avast antivirus nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,
I'm having a problem:

After installing a new programm and rebooting, the following probelm ocurred

1) the "all users" icons on the desktop and the "all users" programs on the startmenu are missing.

2) the desktop font has been changes to this awful typewriter style (I think it's courier or something). this font is now everywhere, in all the menue bars, it'sTHE standard font on the xp system.

3) i can't find the little icons, that have been on the logon screen, anymore

4) when i tried to change desktop>appearance, came an error message, that rundll32 is missing in system32
so i found one rundll32 file in the system folder which i moved to the system32 folder. i could use the desktop>appearance then but it didn't solve my initial problem.

5) i then got the tip to check the registry>group policies>nocommongroups settings, but it didn't help

does anybody have an idea????

A:Settings Missing, All Users Programs Missing, please help

Hello elcatire

Try the easiest options first

1.. Uninstall the program

2. Do a system restore to before you installed the program.

Do either of these help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/settings-missing-all-users-programs-missing-please-help-347321.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Dell P- GHz with GB Ram and an NVIDIA GeForce FX video card dual output one analog and one digital I have been using one monitor plugged into the analog port Now I am adding another CRT monitor also with analog plug and using a DVI to analog adapter There is a built-in video out on the motherboard maybe but it was covered when the computer came from Dell and I vaguely recall a warning to leave it alone so I haven t messed with that OS platform is Win XP with Service Pack auto security updates Windows Defender TweakUI ver and Norton Antivirus Help instructions say Right click desktop and Settings missing tab monitor XP "secondary from (dual) Win icon" choose Properties Win XP (dual) "secondary monitor icon" missing from Settings tab gt Settings tab gt secondary monitor icon This desktop is not showing me the secondary monitor icon It shows a single monitor and the message quot Display Default Monitor on NVIDIA FX GeForce Dell quot On my other computer laptop I have used the dual monitor feature and never had a problem I have tried or checked - quot All programs quot for an NVIDIA program to run or documentation - The analog output on the video card works and I tried both CRT monitors individually to verify each monitor works - Device manager gt Monitors updated driver including going to Windows website - Device Manager gt Device Drivers gt NVIDIA FX GeForce Dell Properties gt Location PCI bus device function - Device Manager quot Other Devices quot the only thing listed here is an unknown parallel device which I think is my old printer I also have a newer combo machine Any suggestions would be appreciated nbsp

A:Win XP (dual) "secondary monitor icon" missing from Settings tab

You cannot use DVI & analog output at the same time with a NVIDIA FX GeForce 5200
I know it says you can but, you cannot

well you can but you need a DVI monitor NOT a DVI to analog converter as that loops back & disables the other outlet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-dual-secondary-monitor-icon-missing-from-settings-tab.567131/
Relevancy 75.68%

I used to see Wireless Connection 2 (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter), but now it has disappeared.

I have tried netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=<name of network> key=<password>. However, this hasn't brought back the connection in "Network Connections".

How can I get it back?

Thanks in advance.

A:"Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter" is missing

Quote: Originally Posted by Chevaughn

I used to see Wireless Connection 2 (Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter), but now it has disappeared.

I have tried netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=<name of network> key=<password>. However, this hasn't brought back the connection in "Network Connections".

How can I get it back?

Thanks in advance.

Just reinstall your Windows 7 approved wireless drivers and the Virtual mini port adaptor will reinstall with the drivers automatically.

The drivers do need to be Windows 7 approved in order to have the Virtual mini port adaptor which is only used to set up a hosted wireless network.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262482-microsoft-virtual-wifi-miniport-adapter-missing.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have an IBM Lenovo T60 laptop running XP SP3.
Have 2 problems and shall very much appreciate your help.

Problem 1: I keep getting the same message every time I start computer to download the same updates. I have already downloaded these updates from the Microsoft Update site, but still keep getting the same message again and again.

Problem 2: The icon just below the screen with the green LED light goes off after using the computer for anytime between 15 minutes to 2 hours and I have to reboot every time.

SysInfo:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2400 @ 1.83GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2038 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57224 MB, Free - 37532 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, 1952AS2
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 71.38%

I have a perfectly running PC and a working wireless adapter but funny thing is that my home wifi cant be detected while neighbor's wifi are listed down. The problem occur whenever I send my PC to repair, after the whole process when I want to get my PC connected to the internet but just cant. It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters, I dont want to keep buying new wireless adapters just to search for my own wifi. My other devices worked fine with my home wifi as I am typing this on my Iphone instead because my PC cant detect my own wifi !!!!!! VERY FURIOUS.

thanks for reading and i really hope for an answer as soon as possible because i just wana dota on my new PC.. please help me.

A:Wifi adapter can detect other wifi but not my own wifi

It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters,Click to expand...

has that resoved the issue or not
it maybe the signal is broadcasting on channel 12/13

can you connect the pc directly to the router with a cable and then
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-can-detect-other-wifi-but-not-my-own-wifi.1156359/
Relevancy 70.95%

My Wifi Icon appears different sometimes. The Wifi works with both Icons, but I was just curious what one of them was. == The one below with the cone is how it should be. But then sometimes I get the one with the monitor and a cord like the Wifi is unplugged, but it still works. I was just curious what the one with the monitor was supposed to mean?

A:WiFi Icon

The one with the monitor and the Ethernet cable is showing that the Ethernet connection is working.

Usually if an Ethernet cable is plugged in it will override the Wireless connection and Windows will choose the Ethernet connection. If you unplug the cable it will go back to using the wireless connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275942-wifi-icon.html
Relevancy 70.95%

My system was functioning fine until I was at the hospital and a unsecure network message came up on my computer. I went to my hotspot so my daughter could do her homework. The next time we got on the laptop there was no wireless connection for my hotspot and the wifi symbol was not lit up I tried the f2 key but still no luck. When I go thru the WLAN utility from control panel it says "there were no adapters available and enabled". I tried to restore to an earlier date but it said " there were no changes made" and the network connections do not show any of the wifi connections. I have looked on device mngr to see if there were any "!" and there are none. I'm not sure if the hosp. wifi somehow confused my WLAN card. I am baffled.

A:No WiFi icon

this is a laptop i assume?

what make and model?

some laptops have a switch on the side or front of them to enable or disable wireless, maybe somebody has hit that switch by accident and turned it off....look around the outside edges of your laptop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560023/no-wifi-icon/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,
recently, I don't know why, the icon right by the clock that shows you wether you're connected to the wireless internet (I have a laptop Acer Aspire 7745G) and shows you the signal strength shows that I'm not connected (red X by the bars that show the signal strength) even though I really am connected to the internet, I can go on google, youtube, etc. Anyway to fix this?

Check in your connections to see if your computer thinks you have multiple wireless connections.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210175-wifi-icon.html
Relevancy 70.95%

The Wifi icon in the task bar (attachment) usually stayed solid with 5 bars, but after a Windows 8.1 reinstall the Wifi icon fluctuates up to 5 bars when i open a web page and down even to two bars when no web page is open. The Wifi signal is quite good at the moment but at times i do get drop outs. I have a TP Link WN8200ND USB adapter and sometimes the computer is unable to recognize it and i have to unplug it and replug to get connection again. I`ve update the appropriate drivers uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. Somebody who knows please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-icon-1083185.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Does anyone know how to change this icon back to a WiFi icon? This is on my laptop and it is really annoying that I see this instead of the signal strength of the network I am connected to. Also, whenever I move the mouse over the icon to see the network I am connected to (I have two) it always displays the wrong router name until I click on the button that opens the WiFi connect window. I don't know why this is like this but it seemed to have happened after I plugged in my Ethernet to transfer some files to my Xbox. It has never returned to the original icon since then.

Any help would be appreciated,
Ben

Is there an arrow just on the left of the icons ? If so, click that and it should show the full range of icons available, one of which should be your signal strength. What you are seeing is the icon for your ethernet connection status(not connected at present)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/176528-wifi-icon.html
Relevancy 70.52%