Windows Support Forum

AGP Radeon 9550 code 12, "ati driver is not installed correctly", using e-machine

Q: AGP Radeon 9550 code 12, "ati driver is not installed correctly", using e-machine

Okay guys I m at 12, not driver 9550 code installed Radeon is AGP using "ati e-machine correctly", my wits end In the device manager there are two entries for the video card one being called secondary The primary one has a code When I load up Windows and the ATI control panel goes to load it gives me an error saying that the driver is either not installed or not installed correctly and then proceeds to AGP Radeon 9550 code 12, "ati driver is not installed correctly", using e-machine close I have disabled the onboard video in safe mode uninstalled the onboard video drivers as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the ATI drivers about a million different times in a AGP Radeon 9550 code 12, "ati driver is not installed correctly", using e-machine million different ways According to e-machines tech support you can t disable onboard video in the BIOS ATI tech support told me that I needed to upgrade my BIOS and that this problem was common on e-machines but then e-machines proceeded to tell me that there was not a BIOS update available for my machine So one big resounding WTF from me As for my specs I am not entirely sure how to give them to you but here is a link to my particular model on e-machines website I recently upped the RAM to MB At this point I am just wondering if I ought to save up my money for a better machine nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AGP Radeon 9550 code 12, "ati driver is not installed correctly", using e-machine

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: AGP Radeon 9550 code 12, "ati driver is not installed correctly", using e-machine

what are the specs of your current machine?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-radeon-9550-code-12-ati-driver-is-not-installed-correctly-using-e-machine.35874/
Relevancy 101.91%

Hello all my second post on this site first being my big hello ok so here is my problem I had an NVIDIA Card in my pc and got myself a Radeon nicked it from my parents pc I have a DFI Infinity motherboard and it seems compatible as windows loads fine my problem is a driver issue as the has devices Resources" Radeon Of 9550: ATI "Out listed in device manager Radeon Radeon Secondary Now when I have installed the drivers mid way through it says quot an error has occured installing one of your devices and may not function properly quot so at the end of it all it asks me to restart so I restart and everything LOOKS fine but checking device manager the little is there next to secondary Checking the resources tab I see that there is not enough resources for the device to function so I checked my system information help center in start and typed system information in the search box and clicked on quot view more information on your hardware quot it pulled up my device information ATI Radeon 9550: "Out Of Resources" and what drivers they are using and both the Radeon and secondary are using the same ATI Radeon 9550: "Out Of Resources" driver quot ATI MTAG inf quot I think its inf so I thought that could be error there is also the possibility of IRQ s Now as I found that they are using the same driver I disabled the quot Radeon quot and restarted the secondary now works perfectly fine but of course we ATI Radeon 9550: "Out Of Resources" have the bad res on the screen so I know that the actual card is conflicting with itself now I have a few more ideas on why Im getting resource conflicts My old card was card and bios setting was at this may POSSIBLY be a card and the bios is still saying not giving enough memory unlikely yet to check My CMOS needs resetting yet to check I have tried constantly uninstalling the drivers and manually installing drivers I have even manually searched my hard drive for other ati drivers as I am presuming it has failed to install a set of drivers for either Radeon or Radeon Secondary but to no avail I cant change the IRQ numbers as windows thinks its either NOT a plug and play device it is isnt it or the that is disabled wont let me because well its not enabled Does anyone know what I can do - I am at a loss I ve gone right the way through these forums using search and even gone to page in the multimedia forums but I cant find anyone with my problem that has actually got it working and those that have failed to say how they did it one posted a dead link thanks anyway guys I really hope you can help me I dont have internet in my house so I will be getting my bro to check later thanks steve nbsp

A:ATI Radeon 9550: "Out Of Resources"

Do you actualy need to use both primary and secondary. I'm guessing that you only have one monitor so you dont need both to function anyway. radeon secondary is just for a second monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-9550-out-of-resources.57535/
Relevancy 98.04%

So I ve been in the mood for some good RPGs lately and I ve outplayed all correctly, repair Solved: not or please reinstall" been "Game SWKOTORII installed has of the Solved: SWKOTORII "Game has not been installed correctly, please repair or reinstall" other ones I have I tried to play SWKOTORII Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic but the disc was too scratched up to work I looked online and found that toothpaste works A half hour later BINGO the discs start to work perfectly The problem is that when I Solved: SWKOTORII "Game has not been installed correctly, please repair or reinstall" try to run it I get the message quot This game has not been installed correctly please restore installation or reinstall quot The discs look alot better but there are still a few Not deep scratches that remain but I know discs scratched worse that still work I read that this can also be caused by Anti Virus and such and in that case I have AVAST Anti Virus and Spyware Terminator anti Spyware Also after fixing I noticed that there are alot of circular scratches Very shallow but I m guessing those are because of the toothpaste I also was wondering if it was possible just to download a program to go through and find missing components for the game Thanks for all your help Evan nbsp

A:Solved: SWKOTORII "Game has not been installed correctly, please repair or reinstall"

I've read a lot of online debates about using toothpaste for fixing discs. The one thing I can say for certain is never clean/repair a disc in circles. Sure some home disc repair tools do so, but they do it uniformily. If you are cleaning or buffing by hand do it in straight lines from the center outwards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-swkotorii-game-has-not-been-installed-correctly-please-repair-or-reinstall.956081/
Relevancy 97.61%

While trying to fix this problem, i ran across another. the windows installer on my sibling's computer has some problem with it and its making it hard to run programs.

This is the usual error:

I get some other errors too but it all goes back this this "windows installer" thing. is there a way to repair "windows installer" so i can run/fix/remove programs with ease? thank you.

Btw, this computer is windows XP SP3 OEM.

A:[SOLVED] "Windows Installer" is not correctly installed?

Click Start>Run..., and type msconfig. In the Services tab, look for the service called Windows Installer (it will be easier to find it you sort the list by name) and check the box. Restart the computer and it should be working.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-and-quot-windows-installer-and-quot-is-not-correctly-installed-422578.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi all, I beleive this is an error with all Acer 7535G laptops, and was wondering if there is a fix. This is the error I get; http://i48.tinypic.com/9thbmq.jpg "This device cannot start (Code 10)".

I uninstalled and reinstalled, which didn't work. I tried a fix which worked for 4550 models, which was to uninstall, go into Safe Mode and delete the drivers, then reboot and they'll automatically re-install, which they did, but the error was still there.

Is there an fix out there whatsoever? I understand the 3200 Series is supposed to work without the laptop being plugged in, and when it is plugged in, it should switch to the 4500 Series.

Btw, I'm running 64Bit W7 Ultimate.

Thanks.

A:Radeon HD 4500 "This device cannot start (Code 10)"

Honest bump .

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/56182-radeon-hd-4500-device-cannot-start-code-10-a.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello!
I have a problem. I have adjourned the bios of the pc acer aspire M1641 and when I have restarted the pc tuneup utilities it signals me this problem:

the peripheral "Nvidia port io control driver" doesn't correctly work

Do you know as solution for this?

A:"Nvidia port io control driver" doesn't correctly work

Hi,
Did you find a solution to this problem? TuneUp Utilities report on an identical problem on my win7 system

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57776-nvidia-port-io-control-driver-doesnt-correctly-work.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Im using a HP pavilion pc with HP 802.11 b/g Atheros Wireless LAN.. It worked fine with win 7 but when i upgraded to Win 8. It shows the driver but says error code 10 driver could not be started.. tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but no change.. Please Help !!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/11221-code-10-error-hp-802-11-b-g-driver-installed-correctly.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I have never had a problem installing updates to Win 8.1 and all important updates are fully installed. Every time I try to update to Win10 it says "downloading Windows 10 - checking requirements" and then I get the above error message. Any help would be much appreciated!
Steve

A:"Windows 10 couldn't be installed" Error code 80070005

Same problem here. Tired of wasting hours downloading over and over again and getting the same error. None of the suggestions I have found and tried work. No wonder they are giving it away free. To frustrate the heck out of everyone. I find it hard to believe in all the testing, they had no occurrences of this and have not come up with a solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/9732-windows-10-couldnt-installed-error-code-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I built a computer a little over two years ago and I ve never encountered any problems with it until this week Recently it began to occasionally freeze up requiring a power cycle to fix After this happening about four times it would lock up while I was not there and I would come back to find it locked and upon a restart I recieved no post and no video My system is Asus p t -c motherboard p processor Nvidia Geforce installed" code voice no Intermittent Video. POST, asus cpu Sudden "no le mb card Guillemont Hercules Gametheater XP x RDRam modules kingston vantec stealth w power supply mcx- heatsink and thermaltake smartfan II on the CPU I tried swapping the video card with a known working Sudden no POST, Video. Intermittent asus voice code "no cpu installed" one same result Monitor works on another computer no difference if RAM is removed tested the PSU and it s pushing the right amounts reseated all cards and my CPU and I tried running it out of the case barebones All give me the same result Board powers on fans start spinning but no video of the time the ASUS voice reporter gives me a quot NO CPU INSTALLED quot warning the rest of the time I get nothing Took out the battery and cleared the cmos checked all my jumpers still nothing Can anyone help me I ve run out of ideas and I m not sure which parts if any have died I don t have access to another mobo cpu or sticks of rdram to test Thanks in advance -Brent nbsp

A:Sudden no POST, Video. Intermittent asus voice code "no cpu installed"

Have you tried removing and then re-seating the processor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-no-post-video-intermittent-asus-voice-code-no-cpu-installed.19283/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello all "Audio device code presario not 10, v3020US problem installed", output So I've just installed a fresh version of Windows coming from Ubuntu Everything seems to work smoothly except for the little problem of having NO SOUND I've tried everything I can think of or find anywhere on the internet and nothing seems to be making any difference The sound symbol on my taskbar has a little red circle with an x and it states quot No audio output device is installed quot I've downloaded oodles of drivers realtek ones from HP chipset driver for intel as well as the nvidia one ricoh card reader driver etc all bit which is what my win version is some will install some come up with errors but neither seem to make any changes Through device manager I've disabled enabled uninstalled deleted had it "Audio output device not installed", code 10, presario v3020US problem check for drivers I've used windows update to see if perhaps it had any solutions Nothing seems to work Does anyone have any advice ideas I could try If "Audio output device not installed", code 10, presario v3020US problem you do please use layman's terms to get there I'm usually very good at troubleshooting enough to get by with few problems most of the time but I'm not up on all the technical terms I can include screenshots of anything if it would help I am on a Compaq Presario V US notebook with an intel centrino duo processor I'm not completely sure of other specs but if you know where I can find them I shall look there ANY help would be appreciated Thanks in advance Asteria

A:"Audio output device not installed", code 10, presario v3020US problem

I notice you mention the chipset drivers. In most cases the chipset drivers must be installed before installing sound drivers. If you haven't installed in this order, give it a try. I've also seen cases where the install was not initially done with the correct install sequence and after many different tries, it finally will take a new/correct sequence install to get everything working. On many PC's the correct install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install motherboard chipset drivers (3) Install device drivers including video, sound, ethernet, etc. The chipset drivers are key to a successful install as one of the prime things they do is define (identify) all the devices on the motherboard.

Also, it could be a BIOS problem. Make sure the audio is enabled in the BIOS. You may want to reset the BIOS and see what that does. Check the Compaq BIOS resetting procedure (on most desktops you can just Power off the PC and remove the CMOS backup battery for about 10 minutes, but that's not alway easy on a Laptop).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/123979-audio-output-device-not-installed-code-10-presario-v3020us-problem.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Being as most people who write threads about their problems tend to leave out information which could be useful for those who are trying to help out I ll try to write a post that includes what you need and then some instead of too Radeon found" 9600SE Error "INF - - not Video driver little Hardware Specs ASUS CUV X-E Celeron PIII ATX Motherboard Intel Pentium III GHz Coppermine CPU Radeon SE Graphics Card - Not sure of the quot mark quot of this one PowerColor or ASUS Background Story Well about months ago I exchanged my old and outdated GeForce GTS Graphics Card with the new and better I thought Radeon Being the CS-gamer I was back then I did this in hope of increasing Radeon 9600SE - "INF Error - Video driver not found" my FPS-count not a lot just a little but was fairly disappointed when I experienced an all-time record low FPS of - no matter what was going on Also being lazy I decided to take this as a chance to lay off the CS-scene for some time perhaps focusing on some other aspects of gaming and general usage of the computer It was just now today that I got the craving for fragging again After doing some reading I realized that I was not the only one with problems regarding Counter-Strike ATI and FPS After some more reading I decided to downgrade to Catalyst Since I m not the most experienced person when it comes to messing around with drivers hardware-settings software-this and that I read around some more and went with the information given in this thread I followed the advice written by BrownPaper using DriverCleaner to remove any remains of the ATI drivers after uninstalling them How the problem came to exist When downgrading to Catalyst I followed the readme txt that came with DriverCleaner on how to proceed ATI Unplug nic card or modem from net or disconnect Remove ATI driver from add remove programs then remove the control panel from add remove programs Reboot into safe mode F during boot up On reboot into safe mode WinXP SP SP will auto detect and install drivers Just let it do its thing If you can cancel out of the auto install hardware wizard then skip the rest and run Driver Cleaner If you can NOT cancel out of auto detect wizard then Navigate to device mgr- gt display adapter- gt uninstall and or remove ATI display adapter but do not reboot Disable any AntiVirus Software If you don t disable is than it could give trouble Run Cab Cleaner not needed but recommended Run Driver Cleaner Empty recycle bin and reboot Install the new drivers and control panelClick to expand What I think I did wrong is that when I ran DriverCleaner and cleaned out everything connected to ATI I cleaned out Dfx as well I m not quite sure why I did this don t have the wildest clue what I was thinking but I believe this is what went wrong Exactly what is the problem Well when I tried to install the Catalyst drivers step in DriverCleaner readme I got two error messages INF error Video driver not found Setup was unable to complete the installation Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup list Picture Picture Since the old Catalyst drivers are uninstalled and new can t be installed I find myself in a rather unpleasant situation I have tried installing both in normal and safe-mode A friend of mine whom tried to help asked me to go to Control Panel -- gt Display -- gt Settings -- gt Advanced -- gt Adapter and tell him what was there or something but the problem is there s nothing there When I used DriverCleaner I remember to INF-files being removed when I used Dfx Picture of empty Display Properties What I ve tried to fix this I have Installed this driver HotFix from ATI for Radeon series where the same error message has appeared I figured I d install this hoping the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter would tag along with it uninstall it and install the Catalyst-drivers I successfully installed this HotFix but Catalyst could still not be installed neither prior or after I uninstalled the... Read more

A:Radeon 9600SE - "INF Error - Video driver not found"

One hint: Check whether IT IS Radeon MOBILITY!

I just met the same problem and tried many ways and can not solve it.
Later when I happened to check the product specification from its vendor page, I found out that it is a Mobility Radeon display card.
There are two ways to get mobility radeon to work on PC:
1. download official mobility radeon driver, eg, 4.12
2. get the latest ati catalyst, and use a very cute little tool to make it work for mobility radeon. The tool's name is ati dhmod. you can search google for download or contact [email protected]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9600se-inf-error-video-driver-not-found.15072/
Relevancy 90.73%

I got a new stopped driver 6850 "Display responding..." has AMD Another Radeon new AMD Radeon HD video card just a few days ago and installed it fine I installed the software from its disc updated it and it works great However I've found that about once a day late at night after the comp has been on for many hours the screen will freeze for several seconds monitor blank then return just fine with the message on the taskbar quot Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered quot Nothing else happens nothing bad happens this never occurs while I have games or videos or other memory-intensive programs open I have Windows Premium edition -bit an AMD Athlon II X Processor with GHz My power supply unit is a Corsair W The power unit and motherboard are less than years old I got them in October and I have two harddrives Just defragmented them last week or so How do I narrow down what the issue is Is it Windows idle power saving thing Is it innocuous if it is

A:Another "Display driver has stopped responding..." AMD Radeon 6850 new

Most disks have out-dated software. Check AMD Drivers for the lastest: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/214252-another-display-driver-has-stopped-responding-amd-radeon-6850-new.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Friends - On my laptop running I need to remedy the often-seen quot Display Driver Stopped Responding quot display crash On other systems equipped with AMD GPU components I could use the CCC Presets Profiles Overdrive to workaround the strict Windows timing parameters increasing the idle clock and core clock targets for the Driver "Display Error Responding" Stopped (Radeon) Preset then invoking it which requires AMD Overdrive On this notebook no such option is (Radeon) "Display Driver Stopped Responding" Error accessible There is a lot of chatter on the web about this and it is not new to Anyone know for SURE what a (Radeon) "Display Driver Stopped Responding" Error cure is What I'm gathering is that there should be a Registry entry for a key that deals with Overdrive but it is missing on the Registry I can see Otherwise I don't know of a certain fix Microsoft TechNet board suggests a Registry hack to alter the base windows timing parameters but in the past I have found that not a good solution It may cut down from errors a week to four or five but it does not have the surety that the CCC Overdrive fix is - which targets only the GPU in use

A:(Radeon) "Display Driver Stopped Responding" Error

Verify from the manufacturer that you have the correct drivers installed, I hope you did not update your drivers via Windows Update.
In some cases to avoid your problem you could downgrade your driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/49340-radeon-display-driver-stopped-responding-error.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I finished with a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in a new Sony Vaio S laptop. I installed all of the Sony Drivers and also performed Windows Update. A few drivers provided by Sony were not compatible with 7 (they are listed for Win 8), but I was able to download them from the device manufacturer. I checked Device Manager and I'm unable to install drivers for Universal Serial Bus Controller (see screenshot below). I tried searching for the driver in the laptop and online without success. Any hint? Thanks

A:"The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28)"

Cute horse, If they were available and installed b4 you did the install then they are still available. Keep trying.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/268049-drivers-device-not-installed-code-28-a.html
Relevancy 90.73%

For some reason my quot Recycle Bin quot will not display the files within it with the correct filters while in the quot Details quot view For example I have the quot View quot set to quot Details quot and the two columns I have showing are quot Name quot and quot Type quot with quot Name quot selected as the preferred sort order With those settings in place the quot Recycle Bin quot is not displaying the files in the correct order I am not sure of the order that it is displaying them as I can t pick-up on any pattern For example it is displaying quot File jpg quot quot File jpg quot quot File jpg quot quot File mp quot quot File jpg quot When I adjust it again so it displays Bin", Correctly Not "Details" Does Solved: "Recycle View Sort them in the correct order the next time I open the quot Recycle Bin quot the order has returned to the incorrect display Any ideas on how to correct this nbsp

A:Solved: "Recycle Bin", "Details" View Does Not Correctly Sort

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recycle-bin-details-view-does-not-correctly-sort.449684/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi Yall So I have successfully I think installed my new Radeon R quot low profile quot graphics card on my Dell Optiplex nbsp I plugged it in the motherboard started up the computer then went to Device Manager to update the drivers--which I did nbsp Side note Ever since plugging the graphics card into the motherboard some tasks like starting programs or starting windows take - X as long as they used to nbsp Anyhow it then asked for a restart which I did nbsp The computer still took extra long to start any program and when I plugged the monitor into the graphics card all I got was a black screen nbsp Take two nbsp I then read that I should have uninstalled my current graphics driver Intel integrated HD graphics before I installed my new graphics card but failing this I could uninstall my old graphics card and change card. the graphics screen Dell card 9020. Black into on the I R7 when 250 Just plug Radeon Optiplex Help! "installed" my monitor the default graphics card in the bios nbsp I uninstalled the old card and went to the bios but could not change the default can t remember exactly what it called it graphics controller or something nbsp I could see that intel HD graphics was still the default this is after uninstalling intel HD graphics and Just "installed" Radeon R7 250 graphics card on my Dell Optiplex 9020. Black screen when I plug the monitor into the card. Help! then restarting but could find no way to change this nbsp Supposedly dell will make the switcheroo on its own but it doesn t seem to have nbsp Take three nbsp Next I physically removed the graphics card restarted the computer then physically inserted the graphics card again then started the computer again no I did not insert the card while the computer was on nbsp I m not sure what else to try nbsp The computer still starts programs exceedingly slowly and still gives me a black screen when I try to plug the monitor into the graphics card--which the computer recognizes as existing in the Device Manager nbsp What is more the Intel HD graphics card that I uninstalled appears to have reinstalled itself as it is now visible again in the Device Manager plus it has the little control program accessible from the quot hidden icons quot popup menu off of the toolbar in the lower right-hand corner nbsp I can t help but think that if I could get the bios to prefer the radeon card I d be set--but I don t see an option for this nbsp Help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996940
Relevancy 88.58%

Which is the better card, the "Sapphire Radeon 9800 Atlantis Pro 128MB" or the "PNY GeForce 6600GT 128MB"? I'm talking about the AGP versions. The 6600GT is about £10 more here in the UK. I had a faulty Radeon 9600XT so I'm looking for a new card. I will spend around £150 ($260). These 2 cards have caught my eye and I don't know which to choose. What would you get?

Thanks

A:Solved: "Sapphire Radeon 9800 Atlantis Pro" v. "PNY GeForce 6600GT"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sapphire-radeon-9800-atlantis-pro-v-pny-geforce-6600gt.315698/
Relevancy 88.15%

Running Windows pro installed reader it and "Install is but your works driver" card memory sp on Acer Aspire one ZG I don t get it All hardware has always worked after I replaced winXP with win pro on this netbook clean full install from bootable flash drive Then one day "Install your memory card reader driver" but it is installed and works recently all the sudden I have quot other devices quot - of them listed as quot base system device quot and action center is telling me quot install your memory card reader driver quot of course windows update doesn t find drivers Here s the thing my memory card reader works fine both of them and I can use them just fine In fact everything works as it always has so I can t figure out what the heck these quot other devices quot are that "Install your memory card reader driver" but it is installed and works suddenly appeared out of nowhere for no reason When I check device ID s each one has device ID s listed Not sure if all instances of quot base system device quot have the same device ID s listed or not but I am showing you what s under one of them Why would windows action center be telling me install memory card reader drivers if the readers already work and so apparently already have drivers Does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on All my hardware works so how can there be drivers missing This just doesn t make any sense to me nbsp

A:"Install your memory card reader driver" but it is installed and works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-your-memory-card-reader-driver-but-it-is-installed-and-works.1139424/
Relevancy 88.15%

I need help getting my printer to work with a fresh with (installed "Windows MFC 8300 with Update") Brother Trouble driver install of Windows Home Premium bit I had to re-install due to a CMOS error which I think was due to a dead battery It still could be something else seeing as I have had other problems with this install explained below Anyway the printer is an old Brother MFC it has been a workhorse Previous times I have re-installed Windows there haven't been any problems with this printer I simply install the driver from Windows Update Trouble with Brother MFC 8300 driver (installed with "Windows Update") the driver is named quot Brother MFC Series quot in the device manager But this time the quot Windows Update quot installed the driver and says everything is working properly but when I go to quot Devices and Printers quot it doesn't show up under quot Printers and Faxes quot There is a listing for quot USB Composite Device quot under quot Devices quot that shows quot Brother MFC Series quot Trouble with Brother MFC 8300 driver (installed with "Windows Update") as a scanner Not sure what that means I also tried to manually download the driver from quot catalog update microsoft com quot I downloaded different versions Trouble with Brother MFC 8300 driver (installed with "Windows Update") of the driver One has a file size of MB and the other has a files size of MB I ended up not installing either because I didn't know where the proper destination location was using the quot Expand quot command from the quot Command Prompt quot with quot expand lt CAB FILE NAME gt -F lt DESTINATION gt quot I think the file size for the quot Windows Update quot file was MB my memory isn't the greatest however I am currently running as a quot Standard User quot I also noticed an issue with an app I have used prior to this re-install quot Ultracopier quot On previous installs it installed fine and it required quot Administrator quot rights after boot But during this install it didn't work at all and didn't ask for quot Administrator quot rights after boot I have also had issues with a TB external hard drive related to permissions and accessing certain files and folders I don't know if any of this matters but I figured the more info the better Hopefully someone can help me with this because I really need this printer to work

A:Trouble with Brother MFC 8300 driver (installed with "Windows Update")

You may have to change to a User with administrative rights or an Administrator.

Quote:
There is a listing for "USB Composite Device" under "Devices" that shows "Brother MFC8600/9650 Series" as a scanner. Not sure what that means.

That means your unit is a MultiFunction device and include Printer, Fax, Copier and Scanner. Sometimes the scanner part will be picked up as a separate device because Win7 has a built-in function for scanning.

From Drivers, utilities and software updates for your Brother Product

Quote:
Dear Brother Customer:

Brother does not have a printer driver available for this model. Most operating systems include printer drivers with their installation program. Please check the manufacturer’s web site of your operating system to see if support is available for this model. If your operating system does not support this model, then this model is not supported.

Thank you for your understanding,
Brother International Corporation

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/354230-trouble-brother-mfc-8300-driver-installed-windows-update.html
Relevancy 88.15%

With how my computer appears presently I'm surprised I was even able to register at this site Code 43, "BlueScreen". driver card NVIDIA video ...not working..? Before I start I will tell you all that the graphical error I am experiencing cannot be screen-captured When I do the Image looks like how the monitor is intended to appear Windows Ultimate -bit Dell-Latitude D a laptop What I see when I start up my pooter is horizontal green bars or occasionally vertical purple bars If it happens to start up normally I see well normal graphics and then after a minute or two a blue screen with an error message that I cannot read it dissapears too fast sorry no tengo camera I get this error if I turn it on again Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP C A BCP FFFF BCP OS Version Service Pack Product NVIDIA video card driver ...not working..? Code 43, "BlueScreen". My video card drivers NVIDIA cuadro NVS m I have updated an re-installed them times it doesn't help When I look at device manager It says quot Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code quot Can anybody help me Any response is appreciated thanks in advance I'm not sure if I was thorough enough on information I guess you can ask for a bit of info on somin' and I will try to find it

A:NVIDIA video card driver ...not working..? Code 43, "BlueScreen".

Have you tried going to dell.com for the video drivers ?

Dells are very picky, try the drivers right from the site.

http://www.dell.com/support/my-suppo...ef=tntredirect

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/311236-nvidia-video-card-driver-not-working-code-43-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I've never heard of a quot gray screen of death quot either but that's certainly what it looked like I'm working on a clean install of -bit Windows Pro SP U and I'm mostly finished installing my 31, of load NIC after death"? Can't "gray screen driver, PROSet code apps The major problem symptom is that my Intel PROSet Ethernet Connection -V can't load it's drivers Here's the sequence of events Finished installing Nero Ultimate updates which required a reboot NO hardware changes made Can't load PROSet NIC driver, code 31, after "gray screen of death"? During that reboot I see what would normally be a BSOD except the screen is definitely NOT blue It looks more gray than anything and my monitor is fine The quot GSOD quot message is a new one on me as well something like quot SYSTEM REGISTRATION ERROR quot or the like When I boot up even though I definitely have set it up to create a mini-dump on BSOD there IS no mini-dump or even a full dump I assure you it was simply not created Now all of a sudden my 'Intel Ethernet Connection -V' the device manager reports quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code quot Note that I've read that Code errors are supposedly quot easy quot to fix but I've tried the things these tech support pages suggest such as uninstalling the drivers and re-installing the latest version or rolling back the drivers etc but that has had NO effect One of the things I can't help thinking about is that the following Intel software is installed and running Intel Capability Licensing Service TCP IP Interface Intel PROSet Monitoring Service - monitors changes to the system and updates affected network devices to keep them running in optimal condition Intel Management and Security Application Local Management Service Could any of those be related to the nasty quot SYSTEM REGISTRATION ERROR quot or whatever quot GSOD quot I realize you folks will need some data to work with but ince I can't upload a dump the best I could do was to save some specific event logs I've zipped them up and uploaded them with this post Please can anyone help me get my net-working again

A:Can't load PROSet NIC driver, code 31, after "gray screen of death"?

If me, I would uninstall Nero, reboot, then run system restore to before the Nero installation and hope (fingers crossed) that works. If not, you may need to uninstall the affected drivers, then reboot and again, hope that works.

You may be seeing gray due to your contrast and brightness setting - but really experiencing the black screen of death.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/352963-cant-load-proset-nic-driver-code-31-after-gray-screen-death.html
Relevancy 88.15%

hi guys,i have problem with my laptop.....in my device manager has one driver show the yellow exclamation,its a "WPD filesystem volume driver" in the portable devices,if i see in the windows explorer,it's still showing though the drive is empty
I have try change the drive letter and path,but it's still not solved.....can somebody help me'please????tq

A:WPD filesystem volume driver(error code 10)"device can't start"

hi ditz17, have you tried right clicking on the driver in device manager and selecting "update driver"? if you tell us the make and model of your lappy it will help us , the device is most likely the ricoh card driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/87921-wpd-filesystem-volume-driver-error-code-10-device-cant-start.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hey everyone Today I got myself driver Windows installed" not was 7: "Device software successfully a new webcam for my PC Unfortunately I am unable to get it to work It is a TeckNet HD p Webcam and is supposed to be simple to set up -- you're supposed to plug it in and it's ready to go but instead I see the above error message The lights on the webcam instantly light up so I do know that there is power being supplied to the webcam It also came with Windows 7: "Device driver software was not successfully installed" a disc which contains an exe file When I follow the steps and hit Install however it comes up with the following message Quote quot Please plug-in UVC VIDEO CAMERA device quot I should point out that as far as I can tell this software isn't necessary for the webcam to function I believe it's simply a means of recording There is nothing else on the disc no drivers or any such important files There is also nothing on the manufacturer's website In Control Panel's Devices and Printers quot TeckNet quot appears under the Unspecified category with a yellow warning symbol When I attempt to quot Update Driver quot through Properties I get this Quote quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it USB Composite Device Access is denied quot I don't think the problem is specific to this device either The exact same problem actually applies to a memory stick owned by one of my relatives at least when I put it in my machine I put this in the other night only for it to give the same quot not successfully installed quot error but I shrugged it at the time thinking it would work the next day upon a reboot Yet the problem persists The memory stick does work on my laptop so it seems the issue is with my computer All of my long-term devices such as my mouse keyboard dongle and speakers however all function perfectly I have tried plugging it into different slots multiple restarts Microsoft's Fix It tool hours of Google searching and still nothing At this point I'm desperate for anyone's suggestions I am not sure if this is related or a separate issue but I'll throw it in here in case it's of use I am also strangely unable to install Windows' quot optional quot updates I selected some described with the purpose of quot resolving issues in Windows quot but when I restart they will not install correctly upon booting I forget the exact pop-up error message right now but I can find out if anyone wants it Thank you so much for reading and thanks in advance to your responses

A:Windows 7: "Device driver software was not successfully installed"

Hello Wonder Reece. Welcome to the forum.

In your google search did you find and try this solution:
Windows 7 will not install new USB Drives - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/328513-windows-7-device-driver-software-not-successfully-installed.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Windows 7 Ultimate/32bit. iTunes 9.0
Each time I dock my iPhone, I get a pop-up message "device driver software was not installed successfully". I want to stop this message appearing.
In fact, Windows 7 *is* locating the correct USBAAPL driver (which is seen to load in Device Manager) and iTunes works fine.
However, since the detail on the error message relates to "MTP USB device" it seems that Windows is triggering the error too soon.
I recently reinstalled Windows 7 from scratch and latest iTunes etc (for other reasons) but this problem remains.
If I delete the driver then the default that Windows looks for is the MTP driver (which fails) and then I manually point it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and it reinstalls the USBAAPL driver it had before.

A:Plugging in iPhone generates "device driver software was not installed successfully" message

Try go to Device Manager, if there is any “Unknown MTP device”, uninstall it,  then plug in your iPhone and scan for hardware changes to let Windows Update automatically find and install the correct driver.  

BTW, I found the following similar issue for your reference:

iPhone and Windows 7 RC don't work - DELL USB Chipset Issue

Topic : iTunes 9 on Windows 7 x64 Has Problems with iPhone

Please note: we provide the third party link for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

Best Regards
Dale

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1920b255-8b94-435a-af17-b263c56cd57c/plugging-in-iphone-generates-quotdevice-driver-software-was-not-installed-successfullyquot?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 87.72%

I downloaded the intel driver update utility and when it was done scanning it said that I had a customized computer manufacturer driver installed on my computer. what does this mean?

A:"A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed"

What driver was it stating ?, look here, example of graphics driver with that error Graphics Drivers — Computer Manufacturer Graphics Driver Detected

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/58463-customized-computer-manufacturer-driver-installed.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I reset my Lenovo G50-45 after some booting issues. Everything seemed to work fine, except for the fact that the Network Controller is not working. This is what I get when I click on the driver:
--manufacturer is 'Unknown'
--the driver is not installed

Plus, there is a yellow exclamation point next to the driver icon.

I can't access wireless, which I suppose is caused by the network controller not working, so I could not access solutions to this problem through the Web. Any help would be appreciated. I am not very computer savvy.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74053-network-controller-not-working-driver-not-installed.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi all I am having trouble connecting to wireless internet on my dell vostro I have recently changed the harddrive causing me to upload windows again as well as the drivers and utilities I cannot connect to the internet stating quot driver is not installed quot I used the driver and utility disc that came with the computer and I believe i have installed the correct driver In the device manager page under network adaptors i have - net adaptor -Broadcom x integrated controller In system information gt componetns gt network gt adaptor i get Name Net Adapter Adapter Type Ethernet Product Type Net Adapter Installed Yes PNP Device ID V NIC DA FC Last Reset PM Index Service Name NIC IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled Yes DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available installed" wireless connect internet to due "driver Cannot not to MAC Address FD C B Driver c windows system drivers nic sys xpsp sp rtm - KB bytes PM Name Packet Scheduler Miniport Adapter Type Ethernet Product Type Packet Scheduler Miniport Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS PSCHEDMP Last Reset PM Index Service Name IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address D B D Driver c windows system drivers psched sys xpsp sp rtm - KB bytes AM Name RAS Async Adapter Adapter Type Not Available Product Type RAS Cannot connect to wireless internet due to "driver not installed" Async Adapter Installed Yes PNP Device ID Not Available Last Reset PM Index Service Name AsyncMac IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available Name WAN Miniport L TP Adapter Type Not Available Product Type WAN Miniport L TP Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS L TPMINIPORT Last Reset PM Index Service Name Rasl tp IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Cannot connect to wireless internet due to "driver not installed" Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available Driver c windows system drivers rasl tp sys xpsp sp rtm - KB bytes AM Name WAN Miniport PPTP Adapter Type Wide Area Network WAN Product Type WAN Miniport PPTP Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS PPTPMINIPORT Last Reset PM Index Service Name PptpMiniport IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Driver c windows system drivers raspptp sys xpsp sp rtm - KB bytes AM Name WAN Miniport PPPOE Adapter Type Wide Area Network WAN Product Type WAN Miniport PPPOE Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS PPPOEMINIPORT Last Reset PM Index Service Name RasPppoe IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address F Driver c windows system drivers raspppoe sys xpsp sp rtm - KB bytes AM Name Direct Parallel Adapter Type Not Available Product Type Direct Parallel Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS PTIMINIPORT Last Reset PM Index Service Name Raspti IP Address Not Available IP Subnet Not Available Default IP Gateway Not Available DHCP Enabled No DHCP Server Not Available DHCP Lease Expires Not Available DHCP Lease Obtained Not Available MAC Address Not Available Driver c windows system drivers raspti sys xpclient - KB bytes AM Name WAN Miniport IP Adapter Type Not Available Product Type WAN Miniport IP Installed Yes PNP Device ID ROOT MS NDISWANIP Last Reset PM Index Service Name Nd... Read more

A:Cannot connect to wireless internet due to "driver not installed"

Did you change the address of the router to 192.168.1.254? Can you connect ok if you are connected via a CAT 5 cable to your router?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-connect-to-wireless-internet-due-to-driver-not-installed-491383.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Printers that were installed prior to the SP update function properly But when driver could completed." not installed. be not Operation "Printer was trying to install a new printer by either using a printer manufacturer s installation disk or by simply using Windows add "Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed." a printer wizard the error message quot Printer driver was not installed Operation could not be completed quot appears This occurs when I attempt to install any printer from the list of printers shown in the wizard One other point to note is that when using the add a printer wizard no printers are shown in the window that asks me to choose a printer from the list Based on other XP Vista machines there should be a list of printers shown When I choose quot Windows Update quot a list of printers eventually populates but when I attempt to install any of these printers I get the same error message after the driver files seem to copy to my PC after pressing the Finish button When I attempt install a random printer the drivers do in fact successfully copy to the folder C WINDOWS system spool drivers W X prior to getting the error message However the printer does not show up in the list of printers available in the quot Printers and Faxes quot window I also removed the W X folder from the drivers folder and the new W X that was subsequently re-created upon restarting the computer was also able to accept new printer drivers BUT when attempting to install a printer using the wizard after the files were successfully copied to this folder by hitting Finish the same error message occurs I can install NO printers regardless of which printer I choose when using the add a printer wizard so I m confident that the problem is not due to defective outdated printer drivers The spooler can be started and stopped per one Microsoft documented solution I temporarily replaced the i folder C WINDOWS Driver Cache i using my XP install disk But this did not help One point to note is that the driver cabinet file that is on my hard drive is titled quot sp quot but the driver cabinet file in the Windows XP disk was titled quot Drivers quot Perhaps there was an sp driver cabinet file that did not properly install during the sp update I really have no idea if this issue is even related to the problem at hand Any suggestions on how to tackle this problem are greatly appreciated I m printer-less at this point as my other working printers are a Brother label printer and a Canon i with a defective print head nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-driver-was-not-installed-operation-could-not-be-completed.759612/
Relevancy 87.72%

Error message above after losing wireless connection. Intel PROSet Wireless software shows up under Add/Remove Programs but isn't listed under Device Manager/Network Adapters (only Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller is listed) or any othe Device Manager categories.

Please help. Thanks, g

P.S. downloaded Intel driver and software update but they didn't run (?) after attempting repair via troubleshoot

A:"Adapter Problem: driver is not installed" error

Hi dear i go through your problem . i think that you should check you hardware options.in you system if yo find you adapter options then go for enable or else you need new laptop adapter. i can just help you by giving you a site that i search for you . you can by new laptop adapter you can goo through it .
www.battery-jp.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adapter-problem-driver-is-not-installed-error.947310/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hey.
Yeah, my computer refuses to make any sound, and when i check my sound driver (or, well, not that sure what it's called in english, my copy of windows is in finnish, so i can't be sure) It's called: C-Media AC97 Sound Device, and i have this thing called:ES1688 AudioDrive (WDM). Both show the error "could not be turned on. (code 10)".
I'll give more details if necessary.
Thanks for any help in advance.

A:Sound does not work, driver shows "code 10"

Is your sound card built-in to the motherboard? If it is, go to your motherboard manufacturers website and download the latest drivers for the audio. Then make sure to uninstall the sound devices from device manager and then click search for new hardware. Point the intall to the new drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-does-not-work-driver-shows-code-10-a-156919.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I am on my Ubuntu 64 bit and I got a Windows 7 Reinstallation Disc that worked fine up to the point where I was forced to choose a driver.... (Photo - https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvsvola64d...2014.40.05.jpg )

So can anyone help because I need to install Windows 7 soon. Thank you

PS - I have 4GB of Ram on a HP 2000 with a great AMD Radeon graphics chip.

PPS - Help as soon as possible please

A:Stuck on "Select Driver to be installed"

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Download a fresh W7 DVD from here:
Windows 7 Direct Download Links

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271633-stuck-select-driver-installed.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi I'm using Windows th - x and when I install EMET final the EMET system service is installed with the quot delayed start quot flag and the service and never starts after a reboot The "delayed settings 5.5 "DEP/ASLR service ineffective Policy are installed start" as by final and EMET default" same thing happened with the beta version I didn't notice it until the final EMET 5.5 final service installed as "delayed start" and "DEP/ASLR Policy settings are ineffective by default" was released This issue doesn't EMET 5.5 final service installed as "delayed start" and "DEP/ASLR Policy settings are ineffective by default" occurs with EMET I switched the service back to the normal Automatic not delayed start and EMET 5.5 final service installed as "delayed start" and "DEP/ASLR Policy settings are ineffective by default" everything seems to be working again I was wondering if anyone else experienced this issue Also can someone enlighten me about this warning message quot DEP ASLR Policy settings are ineffective by default see user's guide on how to enable them quot It appears when I enable the DEP ASLR EMET GPO I couldn't find any reference to this warning message in the user guide DEP seems to be enabled I have no idea how to check for ALSR other than Process hacker that shows ASLR as N A Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/344d1ba5-bd12-421a-a2e2-410e1217d67a/emet-55-final-service-installed-as-quotdelayed-startquot-and-quotdepaslr-policy-settings-are?forum=emet
Relevancy 85.57%

OK I have a problem which is driving me crazy so please help if you can I have just restored my pc's factory settins so everything has been wiped I have not loaded any programs or software on to the correctly "Compenent registered: dependencies its file "MSINET.OCX"or a of not mis is pc except one game I am trying to use The program works fine on my "Compenent "MSINET.OCX"or of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is mis laptop and I get no error messages But when I try and open the program on my pc I get the following message quot Compenent quot MSINET OCX quot or of its dependencies not correctly registered a file is missing or invalid quot I have downloaded the quot MSINET OCX quot file and I have put it in the folder quot C WINDOWS system quot I then type RegSvr msinet ocx in the Start Run it the say the registration is successful I try to open the game again the error message still comes up I have tried another method of trying to register the quot MSINET OCX quot file by downloading the MSINET OCX file with another file putting them in the same folder and clicking install This also does not fix the problem I have tried it on both windows XP Home and Windows XP Proffessional but still get the message PLEEEAASSSEE HEEELLLP I am not a computer wizz but I have tried everything I have found on the web to do but no luck please someone with more brains than me help thank you Ash

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/compenent-msinet-ocx-or-of-its-dependencies-not-correctly-registered-a-file-is-mis-313655.html
Relevancy 85.14%

This is not really a problem more like a nerdy technical question since I like being informed about the goings-on in my PC I hope I posted it in the right section since IMVU would probably fall instead IMVU Files" "Program in "AppData\Roaming" of Installed more under quot game quot than anything else I have always been curious as to why would the developers of the chat client IMVU decide to have the program install within C Users username AppData Roaming IMVUClient previous versions did so under quot Documents and Settings quot instead of quot Program Files quot or quot Program Files x quot on Windows I am also curious if this unconventional choice could potentially make my PC vulnerable to attacks Now the program works fine AFAIK but I m puzzled by IMVU Installed in "AppData\Roaming" instead of "Program Files" this I m the kind of user who likes having the choice of installing apps in a drive other than C to free space in C for portability etc and who gets nervous when apps do not install or behave the way that I m used to I was told by someone more knowledgeable than me that it was probably a lazy way to get around administrative install rights in Windows Vista and Windows He also added that the cache data of the program shouldn t IMVU Installed in "AppData\Roaming" instead of "Program Files" be in Roaming when there is no upper limit or even default size set on it And yes this has been asked on their forums but no staff member ever answered it only a forum mod who didn t IMVU Installed in "AppData\Roaming" instead of "Program Files" have a clue Any ideas Or am I being overly paranoid Ed nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

To anyone that can help me out I purchased a windows anytime upgrade key and upgraded my system from windows "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error update windows "WindowsUpdate_80073712" code home premiuim to windows ultimate now when my windows tries to update I get this See image titled quot message quot To bring you up to speed windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" as to what I've windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" done so far I ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I downloaded the hotfixes and apllied them and still could not update I tried to do a system restore to the point before I upgraded but I could not perform one because all of my previous attempts to update windows automatically creates a system restore and all the restore points were within a hour period I installed a system update readiness tool as per quot windows help and support quot dialogue box To see the updates that did not install refer to the image titled quot update quot Really I feel like I've done my homework and I've exhausted my efforts as to how to fix this problem I'm currently going to school for computers and so I really like to apply what I learn in real world situations but this one has got me stumped I'm also attaching my checksur log I don't understand it now and it looks like a foreign language to me but as I progress through my information systems degree I hope one day I can become a techsupport forum partner Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Techstudent HERE IS MY CHECKSUR LOG Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c af b ed d f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ad cd de f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none aba dfa bcab f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none db a bc d e f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none ae aecb bfcc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb b f f f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb cfaa e b e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b fc fc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b e bab e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ae cf b c f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none a ef a a f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c f ef c c e Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count

A:windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Hi have you tried running a start up repair An update is not installed successfully when you try to install the update in Windows Vista and Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt000-632721.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello everyone I am new to this forum menu "All installed showing machine ANY apps apps" not on and was excited to find it as "All apps" menu not showing ANY apps installed on machine there are a lot of people giving great answers to Windows problems and I sadly ran into one recently I have had Windows installed for about months now and things have been going decent A couple of days ago my system received a Windows update that took about hours and looked like it was installing Windows all over again but it wasn't and once this happened I couldn't find the Microsoft Edge application and the start button would not work at all After doing a system restore to a date prior to the update things are back to quot normal quot except for this one problem Currently my start menu does not show any Recently Used or Favorite Apps in it as shown below If I select the All apps button it also shows nothing I made sure that all of the settings in order to see recently used apps and all my apps are correct as below are my settings I have tried a couple of solutions that handled Cortana not searching for programs or quot some quot apps were missing from all apps but I have yet to find a solution to when absolutely no apps are showing in the start menu I know the applications still exist on my machine as I use Firefox and Microsoft Word and Outlook plus many more apps but they aren't showing up at all I am also under a local account instead of my Microsoft account and both have this problem Has anyone ran into this before or know how to fix this situation Any help would be much appreciated Thank you Justin

A:"All apps" menu not showing ANY apps installed on machine

What happens if you try another user profile or load Start10 to see if it shows "Universal Apps".

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33642-all-apps-menu-not-showing-any-apps-installed-machine.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi everyone., This is my first post so be gentle with me!

I've got a Packard Bell iMedia M848 with the following:

Micro ATX Sis 651
Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.8Ghz with 512KB L2 cache
1x AGP (4x)
1Gb RAM
Benq 17" LCD

Running Windows XP SP2

I've just replaced by old Radeon 9200 (128Mb) for a Sapphire Radeon 9550 256Mb AGP card and when the card is seated and the PC re-booted, I get no signal to the monitor at all.

The PC boots up okay (you can hear disc activity) but there's nothing to the monitor at all (theres' no POST even!). If I replace the card with the old one, all fine. If I take out all cards and use the on-board VGA, it's all fine.

I removed all previous drivers before I installed the card.

Can anyone help? Is it a bad card, or have I got the wrong card?

A:HELP !! No Signal to LCD when installed Radeon 9550

Seems doubtful but your PSU might not be up to the task of powering that new card.

What's your PSU make and wattage, also amperage on the +12V rail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-no-signal-to-lcd-when-installed-radeon-9550.56785/
Relevancy 84.28%

Well I picked up a Radeon 9550 video card.
I installed it and when I try to change the colors, I only have (Highest) 32bit and I can only go up to 1024x768 pixels.
But....When I play Half Life 2 it works great.. What's going on?
PS I am using a Liquidvideo A150x1 screen.

A:Just installed Radeon 9550 and am having problems

Looking at the specs for your monitor, I think this is the highest resolution that it can support. Maybe in Halflife 2 it's just running at this or a lower res.

Just to be sure, just have a look at

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Liqu.../99355753/oid/94998/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

and see if it's the same as your monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-radeon-9550-and-am-having-problems.19170/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have Windows XP Pro., sp3.

When you install a new program, what determines where it is listed: All Users>Start Menu>Programs or "user name">Start Menu>Programs?

reoneill

A:What determines if a program is installed under "All Users" or "user name"?

Usually some of the programs give you an option to install it under your user name or for all users during the setup process. So say if I was installing (CVTae) a resume programming on a Windows XP computer it will after the installation process ask me if I want to install it as all users (so it will show up on the all users start menu so everyone can see it) or just for me. That's where you can decide for yourself where you want to install it.

'So usually it's the user's choice of where it's listed in most cases, but certainly not in all cases.

Hope that helps mate.
Dan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-determines-if-a-program-is-installed-under-all-users-or-user-name.744798/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello everyone I am hoping someone may be able to help me with convert a Using "converter" physical to a machine VMware virtual machine to the following I tried to use VMware s free quot converter quot software to convert my physical HP machine to a virtual machine However when trying to run the virtual machine it says that the virtual machine Using VMware "converter" to convert a physical machine to a virtual machine has two processors amp that it is limited to only using one processor amp therefore will not start The physical machine is a dual core processor but I see no way to configure the virtual machine so that it only has one processor It seems to me the software should just configure itself to at least run and from there a person can try to tweak the settings and be advised if there are limitations at that point but that would make to much sense Alternatively they could provide an easy way to change the settings so you can at least get the thing to run but again that would make to much sense Anyway if anyone can help me get the virtual machine clone running please let me know Thanks John nbsp

A:Using VMware "converter" to convert a physical machine to a virtual machine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-vmware-converter-to-convert-a-physical-machine-to-a-virtual-machine.559261/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, I've recently updated my BIOS (from 1.19 to 1.2) and immediately started to have troubles with RST. I have 9550 version with 1TB + 32GB cache, which was shown as "disabled". So I tried to reset BIOS settings to get laptop's performance back, but ended up with SupportAssist screen with the "No bootable devices found." warning.
I can access BIOS, but It won't boot into the W10 that I've installed.
Is there a way how to fix this from BIOS/RST settings? I'm quite lost and also afraid that I might delete my data, any help would be very appreciated!

Thank you. 

A:Dell 9550 "No bootable devices found."

I like to suggest you check if the hard drive is detected in BIOS. Please follow steps below:
1. Turn off computer
2. Power off computer, quickly tap the F2 key continuously. You should be in the BIOS
In the BIOS, the hard drive should be listed under the main screen , look for Fixed HDD.  If the hard drive isn't listed in BIOS, reset BIOS defaults. Press F9 to load defaults and F10 to Save and Exit. Please reseat the hard drive, hopefully the computer boot normally.

XPS 15 9550 Service Manual

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19742272
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

Another question/puzzle. Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

I clean installed W8.1 three days ago, and the first thing I did was bring it up to date with all the offered updates. All installed successfully and I thought no more of it. At some point after this I made a system image backup, which today I have restored to. When I now look at the "classic" windows update screen it says I have never checked for updates and none are installed. Forcing a check for updates brings only two up as can be seen in the pictures. If I go to "view installed updates" then there is a lot of stuff in there, whih I assume could be the previously installed original batch.
I'm guessing this is normal behaviour but it seems slightly odd (the on screen messages at least)

A:No update history says "never checked" & "never installed"

Not odd... Considering that is a "clean install"(albeit with integrated updates) - thus no update history (file) exists.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47960-no-update-history-says-never-checked-never-installed.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I am redirected from Google to jump amp code-book I tried Adaware spybot Kapersky etc no luck had to Hijacker & "Code-Book.com" "Jump2" block the pages but now I just get redirected to a quot can not open page quot -page instead I ran different AV scans and spyware scans I did find a Zlob-downloader it is removed and it is still happening Any help would be GOLD Im running Firefox Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Windows Hijacker "Jump2" & "Code-Book.com" System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security Hijacker "Jump2" & "Code-Book.com" avp exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe D Program Files Browser Hijack Blaster bhblaster exe C Windows System notepad exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe D Program Files Browser Hijack Blaster bhblaster exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe D Program Files Browser Hijack Blaster bhblaster exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Drew Desktop PC Tech Apps hijackthis sfx HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar StumbleUpon Toolbar - EB C- E - AB- -B BA BDC - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run TPwrMain ProgramFiles TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain EXE O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run SVPWUTIL C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities SVPWUTIL exe SVPwUTIL O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HWSetup C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities HWSetup exe hwSetUP O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Pr... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hijacker-jump2-and-code-book-com-276383.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi there

This should be easy for you excel experts to figure out. I'm stuck on only one line of code in Excel. The line is in bold.

If Range("F1").formulaR1C1 = "WW????" then
Application.Run "Macro1"
Else
Application.Run "Macro2"

What I want to do is this. If the user puts in WW1234 or WW6598 or any other text or number after the WW in Cell F1 then execute Macro 1 else execute macro 2.

Please help

A:Solved: Excel code - If Range("F1") - "WW?????" then

I would copy one of these http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18617175/check-whether-a-cell-contains-a-substring

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-code-if-range-f1-ww-then.1151983/
Relevancy 81.7%

I installed Windows Beta and all my programs again code evaluation to Besically W8 copy W8.1 or on "No" "Yes" It Besically "Yes" or "No" to W8 code on W8.1 evaluation copy runs fine Besically "Yes" or "No" to W8 code on W8.1 evaluation copy most of the time but a few quirks here and there which can be or were mostly ironed out I Besically "Yes" or "No" to W8 code on W8.1 evaluation copy have bought an Amazon copy of Windows Pro and want to use the code in the box to legitimise the current version of windows in a few weeks when Pro is officially released plus with any update it may require Will putting in a Windows Pro code work for it to auto-update to the latest version of Windows via the Windows Update service even though this is the Evaluation copy of Windows Will there be no problems Obviously there will Should I do it OR wait and pay twice as much for a copy of Windows with updates already on the disc and then have to spend another fifty to seventy hours getting my computer and programs and files back to normal with another full re-install remembering every passcode and password and file in the process N B I only ever buy software with DVD discs Always with a hard copy back-up for when pre-WW starts and the plug is pulled from the internet Or will Windows run out in a couple of weeks and force me to buy a copy on the internet only I say this at because I tried to pay for Windows online from my System Properties window Update online and it told me generally that because I am abroad Japan that I cannot buy windows At least not yet not using the English language Microsoft Update Purchasing service words to that effect Will that always be the case because I can use the Windows Pro DVD set I bought already for another PC I am re-building I dont want to use the Windows Pro code on the PC in question if doing so will be a pain in the donkey I would rather save it to use on another PC I am updating fully as I prefer the main PC to have an copy of W from disc less downloads required to update if there will be any issues as there always seems to be with Windows I worry that if I try and use the code on the main PC and it refuses to play then I will have gigabytes of W updates downloads if when I have to reformat the hard drive and reinstall everything again as millions of people have had to do with various versions of Windows over the past twenty years For this PC I would rather install a New purchase of W if there will be problems with putting a W Pro code on W evaluation

A:Besically "Yes" or "No" to W8 code on W8.1 evaluation copy

I would like to know this as well.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/32552-besically-yes-no-w8-code-w8-1-evaluation-copy.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Okay I have an ATI Radeon on my Windows XP system and one day after my dad had used the computer the D video driver stoppeed working He can t recall doing anything So it goes I think quot whatever quot downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers and try to install it only to get the message quot INF Error Video Driver Not Found quot and then quot Try to set up your adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot I tried googling for info apparently it s a common-ish issue but I never found anything that worked ATI Drivers Error", VGA Installing Driver Catalyst "INF "Missing" I tried uninstalling anything ATI and then installing to no avail I tried uninstalling the error-listed VGA adapter from the Device Manager and then running install which didn t work Rebooting after that also didn t work it popped up with quot New hardware found quot after the "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers reboot but it couldn t find the proper drivers After an unedifying series of adventures I got to http www msi com tw program support download dld spt dld detail php UID amp kind which has several drivers for my mobo I first downloaded obviously the VGA "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers driver and tried to run setup Unfortunately after preparing the install an Error message pops up saying quot The system "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers cannot detect the device please confirm that the device is configured properly and restart the setup program quot I then tried downloading the AGP upgrade installed it but nothing changed I also downloaded the BIOS update since it mentioned a VGA upgrade but I m uncomfortable with upgrading the BIOS if it s possible that that s not the main issue I ve tried using add remove programs to remove any ATI from my computer I ve tried using older drivers I ve tried reinstalling Windows XP on a different Hard Drive Nothing seems to work If this could be solved ASAP that would be lovely as I m going through video game withdrawl here also scrolling in Firefox is all jerky and some videos are jerky when playing Robbie B P s A nearly identical problem came up here http www techspot com vb topic html and no one sorted it out for that guy I hope this goes better nbsp

A:"INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers

the radeon is not integrated with your motherboard, and the onboard video has probably been disabled in the BIOS. to install the appropriate drivers for an ATI radeon 8500 card you need to download and install the drivers from ati's website. from there you can download the latest version of catalyst and install that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inf-error-vga-driver-missing-installing-ati-catalyst-drivers.55154/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have been getting the BSOD since a few weeks and found out by trial and error that a USB-hub is causing the problem. Whenever I disconnect the hub before I shut off the computer I do not get the blue screen.
Yesterday I also got a BSOD that mentioned driver power state failure. After I had de-installed Ubuntu 10.04 (I wanted to see what people are talking about but did not really like it) that problem did not show up again, although I do not know if that is just coincidence.

I have enclosed the dump files as per your instructions and hope that somebody will be able to help me.
Thank you.

A:BSOD with "usbhub.sys" and "driver power state failure"

Welcome!

It does look as if your USB drivers are causing the issue.
BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Wed Apr 28 03:41:32.255 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:31:47.502
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9482319c, ad39bb40, ad39b720}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for libusb0.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for libusb0.sys
Probably caused by : libusb0.sys ( libusb0+428c )
PROCESS_NAME: System
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon May 10 03:46:15.009 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.272
BugCheck 124, {0, 8752f544, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon May 10 05:22:31.146 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:23.393
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9444b19c, adb53b40, adb53720}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for libusb0.sys
Debug session time: Sun May 9 16:04:28.103 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:08.365
BugCheck 9F, {4, 258, 863e9798, 83943b24}
Probably caused by : WUDFRd.sys ( WUDFRd!RdDevice::MarkForDelete+15 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Debug session time: Sun May 9 16:35:12.200 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:13:06.447
BugCheck 9F, {4, 258, 86403020, 8396ab24}
Probably caused by : WUDFRd.sys ( WUDFRd!RdDevice::MarkForDelete+15 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Debug session time: Sat May 8 08:41:03.887 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:47:33.010
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9467919c, b3f10b40, b3f10720}
Debug session time: Sat May 1 18:44:19.351 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 14:50:58.598
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9443619c, adf69b40, adf69720}
Debug session time: Thu Apr 29 04:59:54.140 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:25:46.402
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9467f19c, ad7d9b40, ad7d9720}
Debug session time: Tue Apr 27 18:42:43.646 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:02:53.908
BugCheck 7E, {c0000005, 9442a19c, afaf7b40, afaf7720}
Probably cau... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83880-bsod-usbhub-sys-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 80.84%

"Unable to contact IP driver ,error code 2" please help me resove this error

A:"Unable to contact IP driver ,error code 2" please help me resove this error

When do you get this error?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-contact-ip-driver-error-code-2-please-help-me-resove-this-error-630448.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Mods if you feel that this thread is more of a quot Windows quot issue please feel free to move this thread Here last year I did my second build because I was having quot boot quot issues Wasn t certain what exactly the problem was at the time But something some how screwed up the boot sequence in my system failed a selection required "The because "0xc000000e" device......... code Error boot and where everything was pretty much quot outdated quot I just went ahead and did another build Though since then I ve been pondering around with the thought of using a SATA to IDE adapter so that I can retrieve Error code "0xc000000e" "The boot selection failed because a required device......... what ever salvageable data I can from one of the two HDD s that was in my last build So I finally broke down and ordered a couple different one s earlier this week Unfortunately I ve been running in to some problem s when I try to launch with the IDE in place Upon initial launching the boot sequence seem to take some time longer than it normally does with out the IDE HDD in place Though after a - sec lapse I ll get an error screen displaying an windows error code of quot xc e quot with a prompt message below stating quot The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I searched all over online to see what that error code represents only to get quot pages after pages quot of sites with each site telling me something different I have no intentions of using this as a third HDD in my system I just want to retrieve select data from it nbsp

A:Error code "0xc000000e" "The boot selection failed because a required device.........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-0xc000000e-the-boot-selection-failed-because-a-required-device.1041435/
Relevancy 80.41%

After privacy protection installed itself I no longer have a desktop. The task bar is still on the screen as well as the start menu. But when I click on the start menu there is nothing on it. The only programs that are running are " privacy protection", "windows security center", and "XP anti-virus 2012". All three of these are running completely by themselves and I never installed or downloaded any of them. I cannot get on the internet or do anything with my computer. I know that privacy protection and XP anti-virus 2012 are fake virus protection but when my computer was still somewhat functional, these programs did not allow me to run anything which made it hard to fight it off. I have some really important stuff on my computer and I would hate to lose it all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-desktop-or-icons-in-start-menu-after-privacy-protection-installed-itself.1028889/
Relevancy 80.41%

In MS Word 2007 I created a field code where I click on it and then type something in it, I want another field code to automatically update to whatever I type in X

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-made-a-field-code-with-macrobutton-dofieldclick-x-how-can-i-make-another-fiel.951555/
Relevancy 79.98%

well i installed the 64 bit drivers for my easycap DC60 eventually, but the problem i have now is that when i change my settings in AMCAP or the program they installed for me, i get an error saying something along the lines of "mini-driver "get" error and "mini-driver "set" error" when i highlight any boxes. Also i have noticed that many boxes are blanked out and different to those of other peoples (youtube tutorials)

any help would be greatly appretiated, thanks guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-a-mini-driver-set-and-get-error-with-easycap-vista-x64.819710/
Relevancy 79.98%

windows update error code quot WindowsUpdate quot quot WindowsUpdate dt quot To anyone that can help me out "WindowsUpdate_dt00 update windows code error "WindowsUpdate_80073712" I purchased a windows anytime upgrade key and upgraded my system from windows home premiuim to windows ultimate now when my windows tries to update I get this See image titled quot message quot windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 To bring you up to speed as to what I've windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 done so far I ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I downloaded the hotfixes and apllied them and still could not update I tried to do a system restore to the point before I upgraded but I could not perform one because windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 all of my previous attempts to update windows automatically creates a system restore and all the restore points were within a hour period I installed a system update readiness tool as per quot windows help and support quot dialogue box Really I feel like I've done my homework and I've exhausted my efforts as to how to fix this problem I'm currently going to school for computers and so I really like to apply what I learn in real world situations but this one has got me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Techstudent

A:windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00

Read this instructions carefully and proceed:

Quote:
If the System File Check tool found corruption and could not fix them, then we will do a repair install to correct this. First check if the second set of instructions (Resetting Windows Update Components) is successful.

Repair Installation:
You may reinstall your copy of Windows 7 while keeping your files, settings, and programs by performing a repair installation or an upgrade installation.
1. Insert the Windows installation disc into your computer's DVD or CD drive. You must start Windows installation while running your existing version of Windows.
2. On the Install Windows page, click Install now.
3. On the Get important updates for installation page, we recommend getting the latest updates to help ensure a successful installation and to help protect your computer against security threats. You will need an Internet connection to get installation updates.
4. On the Type your product key for activation page, we strongly recommend that you type your 25-character product key to help avoid problems during activation.
5. On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms.
6. On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Upgrade to begin the upgrade. You might see a compatibility report.
7. Follow the instructions.
Note: If your installation disk does not include SP1, and you are updated to it, then you will have to uninstall it before performing an upgrade install. Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> View installed updates, then select Service Pack for Microsoft Windows and click Uninstall.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is always advisable to backup any and all important data before proceeding with any major changes to your system. Please see: Methods for backing up your files.
Always make sure you have the means to reinstall your programs, either through an install disk or having access to the installation files.

Source: "WindowsUpdate_80070570" "WindowsUpdate_80073712" - Microsoft Answers

I would prefer you try an upgrade installation and input your newly purchased product key which will install Windows 7 Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/212914-windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt00.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi
I have an Acer Aspire 5315 with Windows Vista. Around two weeks ago my computer started saying that there is no audio device installed. I went to Acer's website and downloaded the Realtek sound download for my model and operating system. When I ran it, it said "no drivers found" or "no driveres supported" (I'm sorry I can't remember which). So I deleted the file and downloaded it again and all it did was open the file and display the contents instead of running it automatically. Also, when I go to the control panel and look under sound it still tells me there is no audio device installed.

I don't know much about drivers. Honestly, I don't really know what a driver is or does. I've just been going on answers other people with "no audio device installed" questions have gotten. Can somebody please help me?

A:Problem with Audio Driver "No audio device installed"

Mel: When the file displayed its contents, did you look to see if there was a "Setup.exe" file?
If there is one, double click it and it should load the drivers.
Also, look in Device Manager for any yellow ? marks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-audio-driver-no-audio-device-installed.731834/
Relevancy 78.69%

I just got a Radeon 9550 graphics card, and I've been having problems trying to install the thing. When I try to install it from the CD, a message pops up saying:

Severe
Setup was unable to complete installation.
Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup

When I try installing it with Windows New Hardware Wizard, I get the message:

An error occured during the installatioin of this device
- The data is invalid

I really need help, what should I do?

A:Problems with Radeon 9550 driver installation

This is the data invalid solution - Data invalid solution
For modem read video/graphics/display That might be allow you to install.

You might have toboot into VGA mode(tap F8 AT Startup,select VGA mode) and then try installing.

Further possibilities if that didn`t work -Make sure your system is free of any remnants of previous video card drivers
use this - Driver cleaner If necessary.

If you get problems look here - Helpful link and Helpful link and Helpful link

Don`t say you haven`t got enough information

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-radeon-9550-driver-installation.48117/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hellow I recently installed an ATI Radeon HD display driver to my computer Windows XP SP bit Before that my computer was running in VGA mode only But though I have downloaded Display 9550 Radeon Driver problem ATI the driver and installed it with the Catalyst Control Center After rebooting what I got is a black screen after Windows XP boot screen I shut down the computer and now I saw the classic WELCOME with the blue background but nothing more After rebooting the PC for about times I got past the WELCOME stuff and to the desktop As I watched the Device Manager It says the I Have Installed the ATI Driver and its secondary Driver But ATI Radeon 9550 Display Driver problem though if I right-click my desktop and go to Display Properties gt Settings gt Advanced gt Display Adapter I saw that there was no Display Driver and I was still running in VGA VGA sucks because you can't play any D games or even Google Earth won't work Now everyday I start the PC I have to reboot about times untill I get it working It's been almost a month since I'm doing this and it caused me alot of nerves and boredoom But though sometimes I think the ATI works since I boot the PC then I see the black screen and hear that start sound like when you XP starts I managed to acces the Narator and saw that PC was actually working except was like blind I am looking for some fix tips and reply ASAP Here are also some screenshots

A:ATI Radeon 9550 Display Driver problem

Try to do basics first. Uninstall EVERYTHING ATI from add or remove control panel, and then go to device manager and right click all the ATI's and click uninstall.

Then reboot, you'll be in VGA graphics. Install the latest drivers possible fresh install, and reboot. See if that does anything.

If not, turn the PC off and reseat the graphics card in the slot. Try another slot if available. Check BIOS and make sure video settings are set to auto detect whether internal graphics or external graphics (if you have this option)

If nothing finally works I would try updating to SP3 windows xp.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/228021-ati-radeon-9550-display-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a P GHz CPU MB Question 9550 GigaByte Driver Radeon ATI DDR PC RAM GB WD RPM HDD Win K Pro ATI Radeon AGP graphic card w MB DDR RAM Mt motherboard supports AGP and my present card is pretty much a dinosaur GigaByte ATI Radeon 9550 Driver Question for modern gaming My budget is severely limited so I picked out a GigaByte ATI with MB DDR RAM It runs AGP and AGP So it should work with my ASUS P B -C motherboard My question is about which drivers to use I currently have the standard ATI Catalyst drivers and Control Center installed for the old ATI I know I have to uninstall those before installing the new drivers The new card will come with a CD containing the drivers for it but they are usually out of date So I have DLed the latest drivers from the GigaByte site and also the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI s site Which ones should I use Does it make any difference if I use GigaByte s or ATI s nbsp

A:GigaByte ATI Radeon 9550 Driver Question

Use the new ATI drivers from the ATI website. In other words, the 5.2 set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-ati-radeon-9550-driver-question.336167/
Relevancy 77.83%

This is my situation I was using the Radeon until it overheated and suffered from Graphical Artifacting I then came into possession of a new variant of the exact same card the Radeon except with a fan instead of a heatsink Now my problem is crashes Radeon and 9550 ATI Card driver issues GFX that my computer crashes at a very bizarre pattern can crash once in hours after that times in minutes with this ATI Radeon 9550 GFX Card crashes and driver issues card installed After the crashes alot of the time I had to reinstall the drivers and after the crashes it would state that the drivers were the root of the problem I ve reinstalled many of my drivers including the Omega drivers for ATI Radeon 9550 GFX Card crashes and driver issues the card at www omegadrivers net and with that driver the card lasted for a very long time before freezing and crashing granted the installation did seem to hang for a bit so I had to cancel it however it said that the installation was complete when I did this I don t know the make or the specs of my mobo but the GFX card is AGP x Thank you so much if you can help me I really want to get back to my normal gaming life Thanks in advance John nbsp

A:ATI Radeon 9550 GFX Card crashes and driver issues

you can download SIW a freeware utility and it will tell you what hardware is in your system.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/

what kind of cooling do you have for the case?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-9550-gfx-card-crashes-and-driver-issues.52436/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi I have read amp tried so much stuff on the following issues and now feel I really need some help Basically I keep getting the following errors quot Hardware Failure quot mainly quot IRQL Not less or equal quot occasionally quot Device Driver quot or quot Video Graphics quot occasionally I started getting these with playing games at first but now seem to get it Hardware & - 9550? Errors Driver ATI Radeon Failure with simply Hardware Failure & Driver Errors - ATI Radeon 9550? surfing I checked the event logs which only said quot SYSTEM ERROR quot I check my cpu temp which is always around c so ok After reading about possible causes I decided to check my ram I used some spare ram from another pc swapped Hardware Failure & Driver Errors - ATI Radeon 9550? paired unpaired etc but still got the same issues I downloaded the latest drivers for my mobo graphics card amp sound - No Joy Then I tried to repair windows When doing this Hardware Failure & Driver Errors - ATI Radeon 9550? however I got a BSOD I couldn t do anything - it would go to the BSOD immeadiatley Luckily I had used that hard drive purely as a boot up drive so was able to instal it a fresh on my slave However I still got the same errors Next I decided to remove my graphics card amp drivers to test with just the on-board graphics card So updated the drivers It seemed to work for about half a day but then started crashing again with the same hardware driver errors but alot less frequently What am I missing Does the fact that I get a hardware error necessarily mean I have a hardware error or could it be a driver problem I am pretty sure I have all the latest drivers but it wouldn t suprise me if I was missing something Or is it likely I have a CPU MOBO PSU problem I know this is long winded but Ive been trying to sort it for a couple of weeks now Thanks in advance PC Spec ASRock K S GX mb ddr ram plus various sticks AMD Athlon XP Seagate barracuda hard drive NEC dvdr nbsp

A:Hardware Failure & Driver Errors - ATI Radeon 9550?

Hi, this is a Hard drive problem, the HDD has been corrupted and the system is unable read the Filesystem and Partition Table data on the hdd correctly. A repair install will not always work. Best solution is to Delete the Partition/s on the HDD, recreate partion/s and full format each partition. Make sure you set the partition you intend to use as your SYSTEM DRIVE as active after you recreate it.

You should save your Data (only your doccuments and media files) Not the doccuments and Settings, windows, or program files directories. because you will probably find that windows is also corrupted and will not repair but will BSOD when initializing system drivers. Use a HDD regeneration utility to make sure that any bad sectors are repaired or marked as bad so that windows does not attempt to use the bad sectors.

this is usually caused by virus atack, system crash, incorrect shutdowns causing improper HDD dismounts, if have partition magic or similar utility you will probably see that the partition is marked as bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-failure-driver-errors-ati-radeon-9550.53590/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have two systems installed which are XP Home and Ubuntu. I don't have the slightest problem in Ubuntu.

But in XP my screen freezes and monitor turns off when I am playing a video game. Monitors power screen blinks and computer stops responding.

My motherboard is Gigabyte K8 Triton and I've already tried a few versions of the Catalyst driver.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 77.83%

So I have this computer that is nothing special Actually its a piece of crap Its a couple years old and definitely has a lot of mileage driver issues 256MB Sapphire Radeon 9550 on it I like to play games on here because as you may see I m only Recently I downloaded a GameCube emulator Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB driver issues that would allow me to play GameCube games on my computer The problem is that when I tried to play it it said my video card wasn t strong enough So I checked the inside of the computer and found that the card was an on-board one which obviously wouldn t cut it I found this Sapphire Radeon MB card in another broken computer and took that one but I cant get it to work because I cant find the drivers I dont have a disk or anything that goes with it just the actual card Does anyone know a place where I can find the drivers for this card Or know other ways to make it work Thanks tons nbsp

A:Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB driver issues

Ok Montanaman,
is this Sapphire card AGP or PCI? Do you live in Montana? I do Have you checked the Sapphire support website for a video driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sapphire-radeon-9550-256mb-driver-issues.127764/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi I have read amp tried so much stuff on the following issues and now feel I really need some help Basically I keep getting the following errors - Hardware Driver 9550? Failure ATI Radeon & Errors quot Hardware Failure quot mainly quot IRQL Not less or equal quot occasionally quot Device Driver quot or quot Video Graphics quot occasionally I started getting these with playing games at first but now seem to get it with simply surfing I checked the event logs which only said quot SYSTEM ERROR quot I check my cpu temp which is always around c Hardware Failure & Driver Errors - ATI Radeon 9550? so ok After reading about possible causes I decided to check my ram I used some spare ram from another pc swapped paired unpaired etc but still got the same issues I downloaded the latest drivers for my mobo graphics card amp sound - No Joy Then I tried to repair windows When doing this however I got a BSOD I couldn t do anything - it would go to the BSOD immeadiatley Luckily I had used that hard drive purely as a boot up drive so was able to instal it a fresh on my slave However I still got the same errors Next I decided to remove my graphics card amp drivers to test with just the on-board graphics card So updated the drivers It seemed to work for about half a day but then started crashing again with the same hardware driver errors but alot less frequently What am I missing Does the fact that I get a hardware error necessarily mean I have a hardware error or could it be a driver problem I am pretty sure I have all the latest drivers but it wouldn t suprise me if I was missing something Or is it likely I have a CPU MOBO PSU problem I know this is long winded but Ive been trying to sort it for a couple of weeks now Thanks in advance PC Spec ASRock K S GX mb ddr ram plus various sticks AMD Athlon XP Seagate barracuda hard drive NEC dvdr nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-failure-driver-errors-ati-radeon-9550.53544/
Relevancy 77.4%

I sometimes get the following pop up error when playing World in Conflict:

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..."

The message would pop up then shut the program. I think the program does hangs and will resolved itself, but Vista (64) is too quick in shutting program.

Is there a way to shut off this feature?

Thanks

A:"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly..."

I'm not quite sure how to shut off that error message, but I had the same problem and resolved it by running it in compatibility mode for Vista 32 bit of Xp (SP2).

you can do this by:
(1) right click on the program
(2) chose properties
(3) click on the compatibility tab
(4) check "run this program in compatibility for:"
(5) select xp or Vista 32

This should stop WIC from crashing and resolve your problem.
The problem is that WIC does not support Vista 64

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/172188-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi!

I'm just wondering why this error notification keeps coming up and shuts down my programs?? I would be very grateful for answers!! Here is a "snipping" photo of the error in the event viewer. Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302054-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I had a game, 'Prime Suspects' that had been downloaded.Icon was on desktop. No problems playing it.
Then i learnt how to remove the square shortcut item for the game so that the round normal one would be there instead. This worked with my other games so my desktop looked tidy.

For some reason though now Prime Suspects will not play. It comes up saying:
"P.S has stopped working.
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close and notify you if solution is available."

Whats going on? If they've not notified me is there no solution? How can it suddenly be a problem? I've looked over other forums and googled that sentence but the explanations are too advanced for me.Any simple answer out there? and solution? thankyou

A:"problem caused program to stop working correctly"

strange stuff going on now-sometimes it will play when i click on desktop icon
othertimes that same message comes up-quite inconsistent

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-caused-program-to-stop-working-correctly.867356/
Relevancy 77.4%

The application was unable to start correctly 0xc00009a. Click ok to close the application. This is the message I get when trying to open my antivirus. Please help me!

A:Application Crashes with "Unable to start correctly Error". Please Help!!

Hi and welcome to TSF what ant virus program are you using have you tried system restore to a point when it was working have you had a recent infection or some update

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/application-crashes-with-unable-to-start-correctly-error-please-help-663151.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi there I have a problem running Patran in Windows the program seems to run fine and I am able to open data bases and work on them The problem comes in when I want to either save the database open a new database or just open a current database For each of these functions a new smaller window pops up so I can navigate to the correct file or path to click on it or whatever Initially the window opens as I would expect but as soon as I move the mouse or try to use the keyboard to navigate the window goes blank and I can do nothing with it Strangely using the compatibility setting to open the program in a x display they do seem to work fine but because of the small resolution I cannot actually see the part of the window where the files are - so that also doesn't help me It seems as though there is something between Patran and Windows that one correctly window display open" doesn't "Flie of them don't like but it "Flie open" window doesn't display correctly baffles me that everything "Flie open" window doesn't display correctly else works fine If any one else has had "Flie open" window doesn't display correctly the same problem maybe with a different program even let me know what you did to resolve it Otherwise any advise would be useful Thanks Alan

A:"Flie open" window doesn't display correctly

Welcome!

First, how long has this been going on? Did it start right from the time you installed it?

You may try uninstalling and then reinstalling Patran. If that does not help, try running it in compatibility mode for Vista or XP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/73637-flie-open-window-doesnt-display-correctly.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello to everyone I have been using Windows Defender as my antivirus software for some time but i recently decided to switch into a better one so i installed Kaspersky Internet Security Even though the installation was successful and Kaspersky works fine with no issues i have a strange problem It seems that Windows Defender was not disabled quot correctly quot I dont know how else to describe it I was still having its icon in the taskbar with a red indication saying quot in danger quot or at least a similar one i dont have an english version of windows so i m just translating what it was indicating In order to get rid of it i had to open the task manager and manually disable "correctly" not installing disabled Defender KIS 2017 after Windows the windows defender notification from processes and startup tab It doesnt seem to be running though because when i checked in Services it was not activated and also in Windows Defender section in settings it says its Windows Defender not disabled "correctly" after installing KIS 2017 disabled Even though it is not running Windows Update still detects virus definitions for Windows Defender and unsucessfully tries Windows Defender not disabled "correctly" after installing KIS 2017 to install them every time it checks for updates Has anyone faced this strange issue How do i stop it I have Windows Pro x with the Anniversary update

A:Windows Defender not disabled "correctly" after installing KIS 2017

Crywolf...welcome to the forum
See Attachment....Note highlights....turned on or off.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/63404-windows-defender-not-disabled-correctly-after-installing-kis-2017-a.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Windows Error: "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly"

I get this error message within 5 minutes of starting my game Knight Online. freeze!

I have been playing Knight Online on this laptop for 1 year with NO problems then boom

My computer:
Gateway model:P-7805u
Intel Duo core 2.26GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS video card
4G RAM / 64 bit operating system ~ under resolution my choices are 16bit and 32 bit ??

I looked up the report yesterday from control panel and it had stuff I didn't understand ..numbers and ID's.. I just went back to see the report but now its turned off and I'm the administrator! ):

Any solutions/ideas for error message and why its crashing my game?

A:Windows Error: "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly"

Some good suggestions
Tips on Troubleshooting Game Issues - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283280-windows-error-problem-caused-program-stop-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I get this error when I open up a specific .exe I'm trying to access, none others give this error, just this one. What could the problem be?

A:"The application was unable start correctly (0xc000007b)."

Quote: Originally Posted by xFranKie

I get this error when I open up a specific .exe I'm trying to access, none others give this error, just this one. What could the problem be?

Your PC may be infected with WORM_KLEZ.E virus. This Virus makes shoot this false message.
Before recommending anything, I would like to analyze your systems log file report.

Run HijackThis and paste the report in this thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/130017-application-unable-start-correctly-0xc000007b.html
Relevancy 77.4%

So im reformatting my computer, i am booting from the Windows XP CD and then deleting the partition and creating a new one and reformatting it. It finishes the windows install, after like 20min it gets to 100%, then it starts installing some other windows things, and it gets to about 15% and says
"The file samsrv.dll was not copied correctly, press enter to try again or ESC to skip"
...i thought that was weird, so i tried again and it came back up, so i just skipped it, then a second later it comes up again, this time the file is esent.dll that could not be copied, so i skip, then srvsvc.dll, then cmd.exe, then msxml.dll, then msimsg.dll...eventually i hit F3 and just quit the install and shut my computer down.

Can anyone help me? thankyou.

A:Windows XP reformat Q : "The file was not copied correctly"...?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-reformat-q-the-file-was-not-copied-correctly.300033/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I recently discovered my computer was having problems after downloading the trial version of Corel Painter 12. When its finished installing, this message pops up, I've included pic of it as well. The same error message pops up when I try to run Bitfinder Antivirus that I purchased last night in hopes it would help. It downloads but gives me that Application error, "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" the bitdefender gives me the same error but says seccenter.exe- application error at the top then "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"I also ran the scan disk and it didnt fix it. Please help!!! also ran the scan now for windows 7 in administrator command prompt. it says system scan windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations. I dont know what to do

A:"the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"

Hi and welcome to TSF try running system restore to a point prior to trying to install corel
go to start > all programs > accessories >system tools > system restore

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc000007b-677841.html
Relevancy 77.4%

What is up Tenforums It has been quite a long time since I came for some actual support P Some of you may know who I am from SevenForums from a looooong time ago But "This Getting to start correctly (0xc000007b)" was unable application anyway as the title suggests I've been constantly getting this error while trying to run some applications specifically games and this all started when I had to reinstall Windows on my laptop specs below since I was running into issues such and infinite booting Here is a list of things I have tried in order to fix this issue - I've Googled some specific DLLs that I need commonly to be present in System and SysWOW and I've copied pasted and replaced them but to no avail This was one of the most common fixes I found - I've tried reinstalling NET framework Getting "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" hoping that it might work nope I did manage to reinstall NET but the problem still persists I didn't manage to reinstall NET framework and higher Getting "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" yet but I don't think it might be of any help - Installed some VC Redist runtimes from and as well Nothing still - I tried to run the applications as administrator again nothing - Ran SFC and it found some errors that it was unable to fix I'll attach the CBS Log in the next post if that is of any help That is all I have done till now and boy it was a really long winded process for nothing I would really appreciate it if someone is able to help me fix my issue at this point It seems quite hopeless to be honest Thanks

A:Getting "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"

Here is the CBS log. I was unable to upload it directly so I have to use a third party source.
CBS.log - Google Drive

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/69968-getting-application-unable-start-correctly-0xc000007b.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello Windows clock somehow manages to get out of sync even when the computer is up and running For example I now synced the clock and it went from about to Usually the difference is not so big about - minutes It also happens when I've set the time manually And when I shut the computer down or put it to sleep it resumes correctly not entirely sure though as the time is constantly showing wrong results When manually switching off the automatic sync and then turning it back on the system receives the correct time from time windows com Yet it isn't able down", manually sync yet "slows is able correctly to Clock to sync itself correctly automatically The motherboard is now about six years old - it feels that I might have Clock "slows down", yet is able to manually sync correctly to change its battery Should I go forward with that or could the problem lie elsewhere Edit During posting this question about minutes the system lost minutes This forum showed the correct time my system did not

A:Clock "slows down", yet is able to manually sync correctly

It might well be that the CMOS battery is getting empty. Before you get a new one, you can also try the below procedure:

This issue can be caused by the Windows Time service being corrupt. You can try to take the following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Run the following command in an elevated command prompt: net stop w32time
w32tm /unregister
w32tm /register
net start w32time
Then, please restart the computer to test the issue again.

If any error message was received when doing these steps, please let us know.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/22147-clock-slows-down-yet-able-manually-sync-correctly.html
Relevancy 77.4%

The computer is part of a domain where the LAN settings in IE 11 are set via a GPO. Some computers on the domain are having an issue with some software when the 'Automatically detect settings" box is checked off. The reset of the computers
work fine with it checked.

Where is IE trying to detect the settings from? 

Any ideas on what to check?

If I uncheck the box, the software works fine as it uses the manually entered information.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/034ab041-37b2-42bf-bbde-c5028b44e3b5/ie-11-quotautomatically-detect-settingsquot-not-working-correctly?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

After receiving my XPS about six weeks ago I immediately activated BitLocker w TPM That "disappeared" XPS 9550 15 has TPM - was working fine until about one week ago I was suddenly prompted for the BL Recovery Key after having had the laptop shut down for about hrs nbsp nbsp Consecutive reboots XPS 15 9550 - TPM has "disappeared" kept asking for the recovery key Eventually I tried suspending the BL protection Upon trying to resume it I got the error message that XPS 15 9550 - TPM has "disappeared" quot no TPM security device was found on on this computer quot And sure enough The TPM had been set as a quot hidden device quot under Device Manager trying to re-enable it led to the same error message Furthermore I was unable to find any mention of TPM in the BIOS No hardware changes or BIOS upgrades had been performed when this problem occurred nbsp I just now tried to upgrade from BIOS version to latest but with no luck - the TPM is still missing from the BIOS I ve also tried to restore to factory settings but with the same result

A:XPS 15 9550 - TPM has "disappeared"

Call Dell -- the mainboard will be replaced under warranty.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985939
Relevancy 76.54%

Firt of all excuse for my english I can in Area" or less equal" AND Fault 'Page Irql "Driver nonpaged not read but I cannot write I am live in Brazil My computer is showing a blue screen when I play Fifa Soccer and other games I had install the same games in other computer and works well Sometimes the information of blue screen change Another day it is showing Driver Irql not less or equal smwdm sys I update my sound drive and the problem was resolved But in the next day the blue screens appears again but with another information Page fault in nonpaged area nv disp dll I update my video drive and the problem don t resolved I feel that after the update the blue screen appear more fast So what I must to do Can anyone help me I make a search in quot google quot and the opinions are much variants My computer is AMD 'Page Fault in nonpaged Area" AND "Driver Irql not less or equal" Sempron TM Windows XP SP GeForce FX Mb RAM two combs Thanks Felipe Sabino MSN felipe spurgeon gmail com ---- After write this text I received another blue screen playing Fifa Stop x E x xBF DE xB DEEB x Win k sys - Address BF DE base at BF Data Stamp a nbsp

A:'Page Fault in nonpaged Area" AND "Driver Irql not less or equal"

Maybe faulty memory

Hi,

The culprit is faulty memory. You can run memtest to stress the ram. If memtest reports the ram is faulty, ram is bad. However Memtest is not a perfect tool to test the memory as some faulty ram can pass memtest.

Suggestion
1. Check the temperature of the CPU and make sure that it is not overheat (ie temperature < 60C)
Make sure that the CPU fan works properly
2. Reseat the memory stick to another memory slot. Reseat video card as well.
3. Downclock the ram. Check to default setting if you video card is overclocked.
4. Clean the dust inside the computer case
5. Make sure that the ram is compatible to the motherboard
6. Check the bios setting about memory timing and make sure that it is on
For example : DIMM1 and DIMM2 do not have the same timing.
DIMM1: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.0-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz)
DIMM2: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
DIMM3: Corsair CMX512-3200C2 512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz)
7. Make sure that your PSU have adequate power to drive all the hardware including USB devices
8. Run chkdsk /r at command prompt
9. Run 3DMark 2005 to test your video card
10. Upgrade BIOS

If it still crashes, diagnostic which memory stick is faulty
Take out one memory stick. If windows does not crash, the removed memory stick is faulty.
If you have only one memory stick, replace the ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-and-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal.38736/
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Asus laptop with Windows Professional Right click quot Take Ownership quot changes Owner to quot owner ASUSI-PC owner quot not quot Administrators ASUSI-PC Administrators quot as expected it does add quot Administrators ASUSI-PC Administrators quot with full permissions Below is the second Reg Key I tried after uninstalling the first first key had not "Take Right Ownership" click correctly working same result as second key Windows Registry Right click "Take Ownership" not working correctly Editor Version HKEY CLASSES ROOT shell takeownership quot Take ownership quot quot HasLUAShield quot quot quot quot NoWorkingDirectory quot quot quot HKEY CLASSES Right click "Take Ownership" not working correctly ROOT shell takeownership command quot cmd exe c takeown f quot quot amp amp icacls quot quot grant administrators F quot quot IsolatedCommand quot quot cmd exe c takeown f quot quot amp amp icacls quot quot grant administrators F quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT exefile shell takeownership quot Take ownership quot quot HasLUAShield quot quot quot quot NoWorkingDirectory quot quot quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT exefile shell takeownership command quot cmd exe c takeown f quot quot amp amp icacls quot quot grant administrators F quot quot IsolatedCommand quot quot cmd exe c takeown f quot quot amp amp icacls quot quot grant administrators F quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT dllfile shell takeownership quot Take ownership quot quot HasLUAShield quot quot quot quot NoWorkingDirectory quot quot quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT dllfile shell takeownership command quot cmd exe c takeown f quot quot amp amp icacls quot quot grant administrators F quot quot IsolatedCommand quot quot cmd exe c takeown f quot quot amp amp icacls quot quot grant administrators F quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT Directory shell takeownership quot Take ownership quot quot HasLUAShield quot quot quot quot NoWorkingDirectory quot quot quot HKEY CLASSES ROOT Directory shell takeownership command quot cmd exe c takeown f quot quot r d y amp amp icacls quot quot grant administrators F t quot quot IsolatedCommand quot quot cmd exe c takeown f quot quot r d y amp amp icacls quot quot grant administrators F t quot

A:Right click "Take Ownership" not working correctly

Have you tried this one?

Take Ownership Shortcut

It looks a little different than the one you have showing,

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Created by: Shawn Brink
; http://www.sevenforums.com
; Tutorial: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1911-take-ownership-shortcut.html

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""
Position="middle"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /c /l"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /c /l"

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""
Position="middle"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t /c /l /q"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t /c /l /q"

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\runas]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""
Position="middle"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\dllfile\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /c /l"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /c /l"

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\runas]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\runas]
@="Take Ownership"
"HasLUAShield"=""
"NoWorkingDirectory"=""
Position="middle"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\runas\command]
@="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t /c /l /q"
"IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F /t /c /l /q"

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\runas]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\runas]
"HasLUAShield"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\runas\command]
@="\"%1\" %*"
"IsolatedCommand"="\"%1\" %*"
That's the one under number 2 in the tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400041-right-click-take-ownership-not-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 76.54%

guys - I'm rebuilding/resurrecting a laptop - a past-generation gaming asus unit, core 2 duo, nvidia, etc etc. its all loaded up and running, but in device manager are listed a parent "unknown" device with three sub-components underneath, unknown. so I need to fetch device drivers, but don't know what these rascals are. the big things are ok. the detail does give us the PCI info:
PCI Bus 7, Device 3, functions 2-4.

how do I go about this?
thx
z

A:How to identify "other" PCI device that did not load correctly?

Do you see a "details" tab in properties when you are in Device Manager?

I saw your thread at geekhack.org regarding the keyboard. Did you get it fixed???

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/231616-how-identify-other-pci-device-did-not-load-correctly.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi everyone I use this piece of software called SAI and basically I want to set all my sai files to "Open not working with" correctly function open with a new version of the software I've made sure to delete all copies of the old exe but I'm having a very strange and irritating problem When I write "Open with" function not working correctly click on a sai file and go to quot open with quot I "Open with" function not working correctly navigate to the location of the sai exe I want to run these files with but when I double click the exe I am brought back to the list of possible programs with the exe I "Open with" function not working correctly just clicked not visible No matter how many times or ways I try I can't get the exe I want to appear in that list If I run the exe manually and browse folders and open the files within the software it works fine but none of my files are openable by double clicking which is very very irrtitating Any ideas

A:"Open with" function not working correctly

didn't expect to solve this so easily...just ran ccleaner on the registry and i could add it to the list! all solved ^_^

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/323446-open-function-not-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 76.54%

This evening I have been getting annoyed with several popups from Windows compatibility assistant prompts telling me that certain programs may have not been installed or uninstalled correctly.

I'm not entirely concerned with disabling this prompt. What I don't understand is why I'm suddenly getting them today. One of them was for something I installed about 2 weeks ago or more. Another for a game I installed last night.

I've seen this prompt before, and it generally comes up right after attempting to install something with compatibility issues. Can you think of any reason why I would suddenly be getting them all at once after such delays?

Windows 7 x86

A:Sudden "This program may not have ___ correctly" popups

Hi did you try rebooting it may just have been a glitch when loading the files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sudden-this-program-may-not-have-___-correctly-popups-687182.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I've been using XP for years and just switched to Windows days ago when I got a new computer The default image viewing is Windows Photo Viewer which is fine I am running Fireworks MX yes I know it's old but I can't afford to buy a newer version and sometimes I'd like to open images directly with that in order to edit them So I right click on them and do open with -- gt Fireworks MX Fireworks MX correctly appears in the quot open with quot list but even when I choose it it still opens the photo in Windows Photo Viewer Does anyone know how to fix not command working "open with" correctly this I'd post a vid but I don't have the software to do so I can post screenshots of the process if it would help So my workaround so far as been manually opening Fireworks MX and then "open with" command not working correctly dragging the photo into it but obviously I shouldn't have to do that I have Windows Home Premium bit if that matters Thanks

A:"open with" command not working correctly

Any ideas? This is still happening and I'm not sure how to fix it because what else can I do besides do an "open with"? It's like even though I tell it to "open with" Firefox.exe, it decides to use WindowsPhotoViewer.exe instead. That makes no sense to me and I don't understand why it would use a different program other than the one I specifically tell it to use.

I've considered deleting WindowsPhotoViewer and then trying to do "open with" Firefox to see what it does when the program it wants to use doesn't exist anymore (probably give an error message), but I don't want to delete Windows Photo Viewer because I do want to use it in some cases.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/140772-open-command-not-working-correctly.html
Relevancy 76.54%

This is embarrassing but I can't get rid of the Blue Vertical Sides when I try to resize my desktop. If I resize too much to the left e.g. 800x600 using the screen resolution the icons get too big. The color quality is set to Highest 32 bit. What am I doing wrong? I thank you all for your help in advance.

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi --

I just migrated to a new hard drive and did a clean install of Win7 (did not have SP1 on the DVD).

During the Updating process, windows stopped working and I received an error, something about running Update again, etc. So I rebooted and finished the Upgrading process...no further problems noted.

However, I view the "Installed Updates" and see that KB2604114 and about 20 other updates "FAILED." But when I view the "Update History," it lists KB2604114 and the others as "installed."

I'm confused. Are the updates I'm referring to "FAILED" or are they properly installed?

Thanks!

A:Win7 - "View Update History" vs. "Installed Update"

In your description, you might have switched the observations.

"History" is a log that tracks attempts at installing specific updates. One user might have multiple failed attempts for a particular update; or multiple successful attempts if one was looking for a source of a problem.

"Installed updates" records the last successful installation of a specific update; no timestamp, just the date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/247462-win7-view-update-history-vs-installed-update.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/