Windows Support Forum

Errors when burning discs

Q: Errors when burning discs

Occasionally I will get errors in my event viewer when I burn a music dvd or data disc. The errors are, device cdrom has a bad block and nvgts errors. If nvgts is to do with nvidia then what would that have to do with my dvd writer? I noticed after that dvd was made it had a cyclic redundancy check errors on it and it was a brand new disc. Also it gave me crc errors and the same errors in event viewer of cdrom and nvgts when trying to copy the disc contents to the hard drive. What I don't get is what would cause these errors when burning a disc and how did a brand new disc get crc errors? If anyone can help me that would be great. Thank You!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Errors when burning discs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Errors when burning discs

Replace it. Asus, LG, Lite-On, Samsung, Plextor, and Pioneer all have DVD-RW optical drives in the $18 to $30 price range. Why put up with a troublesome unit when they are so inexpensive.
Optical drives, DVD-Rw drives wear out quickly... depend on it to fail within a year, and if used a lot it can fail in five months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/errors-when-burning-discs.177687/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am having a problem coping a disc from my cd rom drive to my burner. I know that my cd rom works okay and I can burn songs off of my computer okay its just when I try to copy a regular disc that it comes up with a write error. I have copied this disc before with another computer so I know there's nothing wrong with the disc. I am using windows xp pro and I've tried using nero express and roxio and they both come up with a write error. Can somebody please help?

A:burning discs

Is the disk you're trying to make a copy of a game disk or other commercial software? You may have a problem if it's copy protected. Some CD-ROM drives don't recognize the copy protection, and then the disks can be copied. Most newer drives, however, recognize copy protection and prevent the disk from being copied. That would explain why it worked on one computer and not on the other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-discs.326731/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am trying to back up a karaoke cd. I have done it before using alcohol 120%.. This time however it comes up saying ( no disc). I thought it might be because i was using cheap discs. So i tried it with another make of disc with the same message.

I am wondering if it could be my burning gear, but how would i check if that is the case, or could there be another reason why it won't accept the disc.
Thank you.

A:burning discs

You could always try using a program called ImgBurn you can downlaod it from CNet !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373489/burning-discs/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm not sure of the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R, because I've never really used them.. but can I burn data [mp3, avi] etc.. onto a 4.7gb disc, with my regular CD-RW drive? If so, which type discs should I purchase?

Relevancy 58.91%

I have tried to burn photo from my computer onto a disk. how do I know if they were burnt to diskthey were on file e, I have tried a number of times to burn them to a cd

A:burning photos onto DVD or CD Discs

After burning them to a CD, you can easily check if it worked by making sure that your PC can read the disc & you can see the files on it.In any case, if there was a problem with the burning process you would get an error on the screen.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/burning-photos-onto-dvd-or-cd-discs/2098.html
Relevancy 58.91%

when i download music then want to burn it using windows media player, some of the tracks wont burn. the files are there but media player says some tracks of an album are missing. ive tried other burners but same problem occurs. i would be totally grateful if someone could help me out. thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-burning-discs-511613.html
Relevancy 58.91%

got following error code 4450??

A:burning discs using itunes

I've heard of this/seen this happening before. Roommate in college had the issue and it turned out it was the type of CD he was burning on. I believe it was Memorex, but don't quote me on it.

Turns out he bought a surplus stack of them and none of them would burn in itunes, could use them as data, but not music. He ended up using the ones I had sitting on my desk for that term.

Try a blank CD from another company.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-discs-using-itunes.879144/
Relevancy 58.91%

My system is as below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - Solved: Not burning Discs MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd X A-UD Antivirus PC Tools Internet Security Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled My PC wants to format blank discs - DVD-R and CD-R- and when I try to it says it is the wrong format so cannot continue These blank discs are the types I have been using since I had my PC Solved: Not burning Discs built years ago What have I done or what can I do to correct this change I am also having a problem with an external usb drive that Windows does not recognize and this is where all my data and backups are stored Help please nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I am discs DVD+R after blank still burning using Windows Ultimate and my desktop is a HP IQ I have recently had the problem of my cd dvd drive TSSTcorp DVD+R discs still blank after burning CDDVDW TS-T A not being able to burn dvds I am able to do everything else DVD+R discs still blank after burning with this drive such as playing cds playing dvds recognizing media and blank discs and burning cds but when i try to burn dvds nothing is put on the disc it is still blank i have always used DVD R discs either Sony or Memorex without any problems until now I am using Convert X to DVD but i have also tried on different programs such as Xilisoft creator and ImToo DVD creator I am also seeing that when I put a blank dvd in it drastically slows down some programs and causes my dvd burning programs to freeze often I have not tried using the same disc and program on a different computer and I have not tried using different discs on my computer Device manager says that there are no problems with my CD DVD drive Are there any options that I can change on my CD DVD drive that will make a difference or would I have to buy a new CD DVD drive

A:DVD+R discs still blank after burning

Try a firmware update for the dvd drive - it may need to be installed in compatibility mode with the OS it was written for.
To install a driver, program or firmware in compatibility mode - right click the setup.exe file - click properties - click compatibility - check run in compatibility with vista/xp etc - check run as administrator - leave the rest blank. Start setup.exe and install.

See if there is a firmware update here :
Product search results

I just had a look at one of the models listed and there is a application HP MediaSmart DVD Application Update have you installed this? I couldn't see a firmware update for the dvd drive.

If that doesnt work uninstall the burning software you installed, or do a system restore around it - that way you can undo the restore, and you wont have to reinstall anything if that doesnt fix it. Window 7 comes with its own burning software etc. which works, so after a restore try it - you just right click the drive for options, or to burn a dvd open DVD Maker - you can also download movie maker its a part of the windows live suite -
Essentials - Windows Live

Do this if the above has no effect - for intel - if you have intel chipset and AHCI enabled in the bios download the intel matrix storage manager and install - its also available on your driver page :
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...17882&lang=eng

Do you have an internal or external dvd drive?

* Here is a reply to the same problem i just found in bing search - USE AS LAST RESORT but check what i highlighted in bold below:
Hi does anyone know how i can update this dvd drive on the hp iq506 touchscreen computer, tsst corp cddvdw ts-t633a dvd drive. Its only reading as a cd rom and i am using nero 8 and dvds dont play on regular dvd players.
Re: tsst corp cddvdw ts-t633a dvd drive update needed Options
02-16-2009 07:22 PM
Are you saying that the PC's DVD player cannot read a factory-pressed DVD? Problem is often the cause of multiple burn applications. I would remove all burn applications. Run the reg fix. Reload Nero and retest. You may have a bad DVD laser.
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...4060&x=12&y=13

If the drive can read burned DVDs but the burned DVDs is not playable on a home player, then you need to make sure that Nero is set to burn in DVD-ROM (ISO) or DVD-Video mode. If you use DVD+R media, then you need to set the booktype to DVD-ROM prior to the burn. Note that some burners cannot set the booktype to DVD-ROM. Only other option is to use DVD-R media. Always burn at 8x max. I prefer 4x.

Search results :
http://www.bing.com/search?q=TSSTcor...ox&FORM=IE8SRC

http://www.sevenforums.com/gtsearch....sa=Search#1110

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/69200-dvd-r-discs-still-blank-after-burning.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I just bought a new computer HP pavilian with windows home premium I'm trying to learn how to use the disc burning progrom that comes with the system I had some pics in the pic library and burned them onto a CD-R First I tried dragging them into the blank space That didn't seem to work Then I simply selected pictures to burn and that worked However afterwards I had a problem problem discs with burning I took out some old discs of problem with burning discs pictures I had burned previously using another computer using Roxio Easy CD Creator When I put these discs onto the DVD drive suddenly I found that the pics that were supposed to be on the disc had disappeared and that the new pics which I had just burned previously onto the blank disc were now on this old disc I tried putting in a few more old discs and the same thing happened The data that was supposed to be on the disc had disappeared and had been overwritten with new data that I had previously burned I noticed that I had a message whenever I turned on my computer quot You have images ready to burn quot Apparently the images I burned previously were still set up in the cue to burn again whenever I put a CD into the drive And these CDs were CD-Rs which aren't supposed to be able to be rewritten Does anybody know why this is happening and what I need to do Thanks

A:problem with burning discs

It could be that it is not recognizing the CD properly. Have you got Roxio software or try to go to their website and see if you can download something. I hope this helps you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/121669-problem-burning-discs.html
Relevancy 58.48%

i have a hp pavilion laptop and it has a dvd rw drive. the driver name is hl-dt-st dvd-rw dwa-4082n. i heard there are a lot of problems with this burner and it plays both cd's and dvd's but it only burns cd's. i recently bought a program to back up dvds and with it i was actually able to burn dvd movies but what i really want to do is back up my music and files that i use for my small business that i need but dont always use. is there anythig i can do to fix my burner?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-burning-dvd-data-discs.618044/
Relevancy 58.48%

Allright So I am having problems with my DVD Drives They're both LG GMA- N ATA Drives And when i first installed Windows I had problems burning discs But I figured out how to fix it Now for the life of me I can't figure out what I did to take care of it I 7 Problems discs Burning windows with seem to be able to burn DVD-R Discs just fine but anything else like CD's or CDRW's I can't burn with anything When I go to burn My computers will either say that they burned the disc and not burn anything or the computers will just eject the disc immediately and give me an error code xC AA and say Problems Burning discs with windows 7 they could not write to device I have two seperate systems doing the Problems Burning discs with windows 7 same thing Have checked drivers registry entries and yet I can't figure out what I did the first time I had the problem to try it again I really have to figure this out though I have an old dell laptop with a messed up HD and I Problems Burning discs with windows 7 need to reinstall windows XP for it and all I have is an ISO of my system disc to work with I need to fix this and get that ISO on disc

A:Problems Burning discs with windows 7

Hey Joel Can't find the firmware update for my drive. I've got a PIONEER DVDRW K17B. Can you help me? All I want to know is if the cd burner works fine and I have a driver/firmware problem or if I should get a new one? Is there any app to test the CD DRIVE? Thanks Nicolas 
You have tried googling "drive model firmware upgrade"? Did you check Pioneer's website for a firmware upgrade? If you have the Nero burning suite, you have CD drive test apps already installed. If not, google the apps and see you can find standalone versions of them. Since the OS I'm in right now does not have Nero, I am going off of memory on this... There is Nero InfoTool, Drive Speed, CD Speed, see if any of those help with the burning process. You can also try the error-checking features built into ImgBurn (imgburn.com ), to see if the drive burns correctly.Hello! Please try every solution given to your problem...and reply back, promptly if possible with its results...Click here for my thread on Win7 min. system requirements
- JoelbX

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b6348eac-ad6b-4760-95b6-3cd91d0a2f4a/problems-burning-discs-with-windows-7?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 58.48%

Hoping someone can help as I am completely stumped.

I have Sony 710 DVD burner I just purchased, along with Nero program.

I have tried burning DVD -R's , but get a write error shortly after beginning the burning process. My stand alone player only plays -R's !

For the fun of it, I tried to burn a +R disc to make sure the burner was working properly, and it ran through the burn process no problem.

Any ideas out there besides it being the discs? The +R and -R are both the same, Maxell's.

Thanks for your help !

A:DVD burning write error on -R discs

I should also add that I have checked for firmware updates, and there isn't any, and I have updated to Nero 6.

I also get a write error when testing the drive in Nero.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-write-error-on-r-discs.297420/
Relevancy 58.48%

No response to my first post, so I wanted to add some info. I recently had the vundo virus and did some registry cleaning as per the tech support guy forum. I think this problem preceeded that, though. Please see original post below for my problem.
Original Post
Can't burn Audio CD in Windows Media 10

The program does not recognize that I have inserted blank CD's. I have 2 drives, both enabled to burn. The first is a CyberDrive CW058D, the second is an LG GSA-4163B. I've tried updating drivers and visiting both manufacturer sites, but can't find any newer drivers than what I have. I don't have any problems writing data files to these CD's from Windows.

Windows XP
Version 2002 Service Pack 2

AMD Athalon XP2400+
2 GHz 384 MB RAM

Thanks in advance for your help.
Steve

A:2nd Request: Burning Audio Discs in WMP 10

Please do not post duplicates. It is against the forums rules. Instead just post another message on your thread with the word *bump*
Givin this thread has the most information, I will request your old thread to be closed.

Also, please keep in mind this is a free help forum, people from all around the globe use it, and response time may vary depending on the situation. Don't expect immediate responses. You may get a reply within 15 minutes, you may have to wait 2 hours. Eventually someone should reply. (if not bump)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2nd-request-burning-audio-discs-in-wmp-10.408224/
Relevancy 58.48%

My CD DVD burner recently started burning discs that do not play burning burner discs! bunk CD/DVD correctly - and in fact give CD/DVD burner burning bunk discs! quot error quot errors in car stereos - but it thinks it's burning correct CDs I feel the timing of the errors coincided with my purchase of a Westinghouse L NW monitor quot widescreen type and possibly the accompanying nVIDIA driver software Additionally in the past few months - in the time when this started - I was forced to get a new hard drive when my old one pooped out so that's another variable involved But I was able to burn my files off of my old hard drive using an Ubuntu DVD as a temp operating system and I had the current monitor at that time so that gives me some pause and confusion as to what could be causing the problem Here's the detailed rundown of my system Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Dell Computer Corporation Dimension Enclosure Type Mini-Tower Processor gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Main Circuit Board Board Dell Computer Corp W Serial Number CN T C Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Computer Corporation A Megabytes Installed Memory Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM ' has MB Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM ' has MB Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space AXV CD DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device CD-ROM drive HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B CD-ROM drive TEAC DVD RW DV-W E CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive ST AS Hard drive GB -- drive ST AS Hard drive GB -- drive Controllers Standard floppy disk controller Intel R EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - D Intel R EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - DB Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller x Display NVIDIA GeForce FX Display adapter WDE L NW Monitor quot vis August Communications Conexant D K V x DFVc Modem Net Adapter D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DWL-G Adapter Multimedia Creative SB Audigy WDM Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device Other devices OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard PS Compatible Mouse USB Root Hub x All required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary have been installed --------------------------- I'm not sure if this is enough information to get a sense for why I'm having my problems but if not I'm happy to provide what other information might be I'm just confounded by this problem And thanks in advance for any amp all suggestions y'all might have -David

A:CD/DVD burner burning bunk discs!

Easy enough to see if the disk burnt - turn it over (recording side) and see if there is a darker area than the normal dye colour spiralling out from the centre of the disk. That will tell you if the DVD burner actually performed a burn. You said they don't play correctly - do they play at all (and on what equipment)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-dvd-burner-burning-bunk-discs-284831.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am looking to buy a used T540p from ebay. The unit comes with Win8 but the seller says he can re-image the drive to Win7 with Lenovo Recovery discs. Will doing so also create a recovery partition on the HDD? Or will it leave alone whatever recovery partition is already there? Also, will I then also be able to burn my own Win7 recovery discs, assuming the seller does not ship any discs with the laptop? What I really want is a unit with Win7 and ideally the recovery partition is also Win7. If the unit does not come with a Lenovo Win7 recovery partition on the HDD, is there a possible way to install one myself? I've asked the seller these same questions, but I thought I should double check with the forums here as well. Thanks for any insight. -pd

A:Burning recovery discs for T540p

If the seller uses real, original Lenovo win 7 disks it will wipe out whatever is on the drive and install everything including the recovery partition.  If you get a machine in this condition, install the fix from microsoft knowledge base article KB3102810 to avoid windows update taking several hours the first time you run it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Burning-recovery-discs-for-T540p/td-p/3357483
Relevancy 58.48%

I have tried to make two different bootable discs, one for the windows memory test, the other for memtest86. both of them took me to the same prompt, something about caldera...or something with the prompt being A:/> (i think). definitely nothing like the screenshots displayed on the memtest86 page. neither of the tests would run. so i think i am making the discs wrong. i use nero smartstart>Data>Make Bootable CD.

is this right?

Relevancy 58.48%

i have a film that is too long for one ov my discs and i would like to copy it to two diffrent discs! i have roxio and im not sure how i can do this please help.

A:burning film to two diffrent discs please help!

If you're talking about burning a dvd, have you considered using a double layer (DL) disc? It holds almost twice as much as a regular single layer (4.7 GB) dvd.
You can also compress the film, to fit on a single layer disc. Just mentioning these options, in case you didn't already know.........
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-film-to-two-diffrent-discs-please-help.627476/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello all. I use Nero to burn all my CD's/DVD's. Recently I have tried to burn some data cd's (and DVD's) and I have not been able to.

The first few times it would burn successfully but then I would get the message "data verification failed" and when opening the disc it was empty.

Today I got the following error "Cannot read disc - incompatible format D: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-105"

I have been using Nero and this burner for a few years. The firmware is updated.

My only guess is, I have recently installed two games that have securom and starforce protection. I know these interfere with virtual drives. Could this be the problem? If so, is there a workaround? I love Nero and its the only burning software I have.

Thanks much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-burning-discs-all-of-a-sudden.427998/
Relevancy 58.48%

i have a lite on SHW 160p6s DVD+-RW DL

I burned a ubuntu disc yesterday (which had a flaw in it.) but it did burn, now it says the drive is not accessible. i had changed my book type a LONG time ago, but it hasn't affected me since.. i had burned many discs. i checked for starforce and its not there.. even though i play trackmania. my drive also thinks every disc is not blank.. which they definitely are ( i checked the, in another pc..) any help would be great!!!

asus m2n-e, AMD 64x2 @2.7, 2 x 1 GB OCZ gold, 8800 GTS 320, maxtor 160GB IDE

A:Was just burning discs, now the drive is not accessible

I would check it against a spare or borrow one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/was-just-burning-discs-now-the-drive-is-not-accessible.790953/
Relevancy 57.62%

Recently unable to burn a CD-R in Win8.1.Error msg "the write speed for the recordable disc is either too fast or too slow for your CD or DVD burner" & "Windows was unable to complete the format". Had previously burnt such disc & still can read burnt disc.

A:Trouble burning CD-R discs on laptop in Win8.1

If by the registry tweak you mean UpperFilters and LowerFilters then fine as long as you are happy in there. It's not beyond possibility that this problem was caused by the registry cleaner, although CCleaner is one that least often gets it wrong.If you want to try a third party burning application on it try CDBurnerXP which is very small free and simple to use:https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/trouble-burning-cdr-discs-on-laptop-in-win81/1519.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I am real confused I had two drives on my computer already- one was a dvd-rom drive and the other was a cd burner I had successfully burned CD s using windows media player Realplayer and Nero Recently I thought I had upgraded by buying myself a DVD burner after I had trouble with my CD burner a couple times so now I have the DVD ROM drive and the DVD burner drive Well I can still burn CD s from media player and Realplayer but my Nero which I exclusively used to make disc-to-disc copies I haven t even figured out whether you can make a library in Nero of all your music but never bothered since I have the other players that work is being weird First let me say that I suddenly discs burning Problem Nero with am a bellydancer so I use my burner very frequently to make performance discs with mixes of songs from different cd s- I m not stealing music I use the disc-to-disc meaning one cd in one drive the blank in another feature to quickly make a copy of a cd that I want to have a back-up of like all my bellydance CD s that I don t want to carry around to use in my classes because I ve already ruined several and which I don t necessarily want Problem burning discs with Nero suddenly to load into my computer to take up space and memory Suddenly Nero will only allow me to place the disc I want to copy into the DVD BURNER create an image of what I want to copy then I have to put the blank disc in the same drive and have it burn onto there To top it all off if you say burn same project again the image is no longer there so you d have to reload the whole CD again This is certainly not Problem burning discs with Nero suddenly the timesaver it once was and I cannot understand why this is happening It makes Problem burning discs with Nero suddenly no sense HELP nbsp

A:Problem burning discs with Nero suddenly

First off, to solve the disk image being deleted.

When you start the wizard in nero, and select "Copy CD" , click on the "copy options" tab and make sure the "on the fly" option is unchecked. Then click on the "image" tab, and uncheck the "delete image file after cd copy" option on the bottom.

Next, to change the source drive, click on the "copy options" tab and select the source drive in the drop down menu.

To change change which burner your burning to, cancle the wizard, then click "recorder" off the top menu and select "choose recorder Ctl+R".

When you close Nero, these preferences will be saved, so it'll be set next time you copy a disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-burning-discs-with-nero-suddenly.431628/
Relevancy 57.62%

I just burnt (a backup of documents and music on) a Verbatim DVD+R (MCC 004 or A-grade media) with RecordNow! Deluxe v7.3 at 12x to 14x in write speed. I then used IsoBuster v2.0.0.0 to "Check if all files are physically readable", and the scan showed no problems.

The question, is the optical drive strained if made to read the data off this disc?

Relevancy 57.62%

I have been burning cds for years using liteon cdrw and a lite on dvdrw with realplayer nero or media player inc other free downloaded burn software programmes I have tried different media discs and found my albums are no longer fully? my discs Please Read arent burning Why burning correctly It burns-usual min or two process and tells me that all tracks are there and has burnt correctly but in Why arent my discs burning fully? Please Read fact Why arent my discs burning fully? Please Read has only burnt or tracks and you can see on the back of the disc the burnt ring is only small to confirm just a few tracks I have popped them into different hifis to play back and it states tracks but after track they are all blank This has started in the last few weeks just found this out with about albums ive done that are now no good Any ideas people whats going wrong Is my lite-ons knackered or is it the computer Ive tried different media and different programmes including lower speeds No change at all nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Ever since I ve reinstalled Windows XP Professional with SP bundled I haven t been able to burn DVDs or CDs However I was using this exact Windows release prior to my reformat clean install and had no burning issues whatsoever Note My DVD-RW burner is a NEC A I ve also upgraded to the latest C firmware I ve alternated burn media from Sony Memorex and Maxell just to narrow the variables I ve checked the settings under Device Manager for IDE ATA ATAPI controllers but I m not sure about one of the settings Device under Primary IDE Channel has Transfer Mode set to DMA if available and with burning Please all possibilities. discs help! known Exhausted DVD-RW. Issue Current Transfer Mode displays Ultra DMA Mode However Device s Transer Mode is set to DMA if available yet Current Transfer Mode Issue burning discs with DVD-RW. Exhausted all known possibilities. Please help! is set as PIO Mode Under Secondary IDE Channel both Device and Device have Transfer Mode set as DMA if available and both devices Current Transfer Mode is set to Ultra DMA Mode Could Device s Current Transfer Mode value be the culprit If so how do I change it Below is a log from Nero when a burn process failed Windows XP IA WinAspi - NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version Nero Express Recorder lt NEC DVD RW ND- A gt Version C - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral WDC WD BB- FJA atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral Maxtor F L atapi Port ID DMA Off CdRomPeripheral HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral NEC DVD RW ND- A atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B E CDRom NEC DVD RW ND- A F CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled ISO compilation PM Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line LockMCN - completed sucessfully for IOCTL STORAGE MCN CONTROL PM Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed FALSE Simulate FALSE Write TRUE Finalize CD FALSE Multisession TRUE Multisession type Start multisession Burning mode DAO Mode ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet TRUE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE PM ISO GEN - File Geniso cpp Line First writeable address x PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder NEC DVD RW ND- A Media type DVD-R Disc Manufacturer RITEKF - Disc Application Code Disc Physical Code PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE indices index not provided original disc pos relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required required - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks F NEC DVD RW ND- A -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare F NEC DVD RW ND- A for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc not fixated Tracks to Idx Idx Next Trk TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr Size NWA RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x PM Text File SCSIPTICommands cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FCTL LOCK VOLUME PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed PM Phase File d... Read more

A:Issue burning discs with DVD-RW. Exhausted all known possibilities. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-burning-discs-with-dvd-rw-exhausted-all-known-possibilities-please-help.747436/
Relevancy 57.19%

Quote:
Users of Windows 7 already know that the operating system offers basic DVD burning capabilities. And when I say basic, I mean just that. Customers should not expect anywhere near the flexibility, richness of functionality and customization options of fully-fledged DVD burning solutions. However, when it comes down to the simple task of burning a few files on a DVD, Windows 7?s Windows Explorer is more than capable of getting the job done.The same is valid for Windows Server 2008 R2. According to Microsoft, customers have reported issues associated with burning operations involving a DVD-R Dual Layer disc in both Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2.

Source -
Windows 7 DVD-R Dual Layer Discs Burning Failures Fix - Available from Microsoft - Softpedia

A:Windows 7 DVD-R Dual Layer Discs Burning Failures Fix.

Any updates on this?

My Lite-On LH-20A1L worked prefect with firmware BL02 when burning DLs under Win XP Pro

Even with the latest FW, BL06 and the hotfix it still refuses to burn DLs.

Works fine with single layer.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/64811-windows-7-dvd-r-dual-layer-discs-burning-failures-fix.html
Relevancy 57.19%

What is the maximum filename and path length, and is it the same on your computer's hard drive, an external hard drive, and burning files onto 4.7 Gb disks? I'm pretty sure it's shorter for burning discs.

Does it matter how deeply the folders are nested? For example it would be forbidden to have folders with 5-character names nested 6 folders deep but would be fine if they had 10-character names nested 3 folders deep.

And finally is there one overall limit which applies to the combined filename and folder path all together, or do filenames and paths have their own separate limits?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383485-maximum-filename-path-length-hd-burning-discs.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I've had this ongoing problem where my optical drive will not burn anything because it rejects all discs telling me they are unwritable.
What troubleshooting steps can I take to fix this issue or discover which piece of the puzzle is failing?
I'm running Win 7 Pro.
The optical drive is:
ST1000DM ST1000DM003-1CH1
Driver provider: Microsoft
Driver version: 6.1.7601.19133
Driver date : 6/21/2006

A:Dell XPS 8700 Optical drive rejecting ALL discs for burning

Forgot to add..
the Optical drive is
HL - DT- ST- DVD+ RW GHA2N SCSI CDRom Device

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992752
Relevancy 56.33%

recently i was in the BIOS chaning around settings for the primary and secondary devices all i did was change everything to off when i was done i put all the ones i changed back to the way burning in settings when after error changing BIOS device discs I/O they wer auto since then when i boot up it stays at the BIOS loading screen for a long time and then i have to press F to boot into windows normally also since then i have not been able to burn anything on my dvd drives plextor a amp pioneer d it gives I/O device error when burning discs after changing settings in BIOS me the following error quot the request could not be performed because of an I O device error quot i went back into the BIOS and changed the primary device to auto and the rest to off and that has resolved the boot up problem but i still have the I O error i think the hard drive is on the primary and the dvd drives are on the secondary i cant comfirm since im at work do I/O device error when burning discs after changing settings in BIOS what settings in the bios do i need for everything to be correct do i need to change an jumper settings on the drives any help to put me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance jR nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

recently i was in the BIOS chaning around settings for the discs error in BIOS device after changing settings I/O when burning primary and I/O device error when burning discs after changing settings in BIOS secondary devices all i did was change everything to off when i was done i put all the ones i changed back to the way they wer auto since then when i boot up it stays at the BIOS loading screen for a long I/O device error when burning discs after changing settings in BIOS time and then i have to press F to boot into windows normally also since then i have not been able to burn anything on my dvd drives plextor a amp pioneer d it gives me the following error quot the request could not be performed because of an I O device error quot i went back into the BIOS and changed the primary device to auto and the rest to off and that has resolved the boot up problem but i still have the I O error i think the hard drive is on the primary and the dvd drives are on the secondary i cant comfirm since im at work what settings in the bios do i need for everything to be correct do i need to change an jumper settings on the drives any help to put me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance jR nbsp

A:I/O device error when burning discs after changing settings in BIOS

Write down what the drives on each IDE connector are = slave or master and make sure they are set this way.

Primary cable

End connector = Master
middle connector = Slave

Same setup for the other IDE cable

Leave the BIOS settings set to AUTO

reboot the system and you should be ok. If any of the drives are set to cable select make sure they are set as above.

If the IDE cables are 80 wire the motherboard connector is the end that is farthest from the middle connector and this has to be the way it connects to the motherboard and pin one is the wire that has the red on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-o-device-error-when-burning-discs-after-changing-settings-in-bios.529651/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi to all Around days ago some sort of error cropped up while installation of Kaspersky Anti Virus on my laptop and after that more. startup, screen blue not Logonui.exe discs, error dvd-rom error at burning and everytime I turned the system on I faced the blue screen error Then i formatted my laptop and reinstalled Windows XP It was running fine for two days Suddenly it started giving error quot Logonui exe application error quot at startup displaying something similar to quot The instruction at ' x c' referenced memory quot something It had to buttons - Cancel for debugging and Ok I pressed cancel ok close button It always cropped up Until after a series of pressing buttons my log on screen came After logging in all my icons and taskbar gone So Logonui.exe error at startup, dvd-rom not burning discs, blue screen error and more. i opened Windows Task Manager and run quot explorer exe quot After everything came up Some Data Execution Prevention error cropped up Whenever i tried clicking quot Close Message quot it always came up again with a separate window for the quot Send Error Report to Microsoft quot dialog box Whenever I connected to internet the Logonui.exe error at startup, dvd-rom not burning discs, blue screen error and more. link under my Internet started blinking very fast I even left it without any internet application open but it still went on I saw the properties window of my connection It went on and on And in return everything went slow Internet surfing and downloading And one major problem occurred that whenever I leave my internet open for a short while it shows the blue screen of error and restarts I thought of formatting every drive to remove the virus malware spyware So i tried to make a back up of my files by burning them on discs But whenever I tried any burning application Whether it be Nero PowerISO or any application it just didn't start It just displayed an error and ejected the disc This continued everytime I logged on So I re - formatted and installed XP SP again But this time it didn't even go smoothly for a day After two restarts this problem came up again Except a new dialog box - quot generic Host Process for Win services quot dialog box props up and displays the usual quot Encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot And that send the error report So I hope someone maybe able to help me fix this problem The DDS Log is given below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by GrayWolf at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running Processes E WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe E Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe E Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe E WINDOWS explorer exe E WINDOWS System reader s exe E Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe E WINDOWS system dumprep exe E WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Program Files Advanced Task Scheduler advscheduler exe E Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe E Program Files DAP DAP EXE E Documents and Settings GrayWolf Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe E Documents and Settings GrayWolf reader s exe E Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe E Program Files Styler Styler exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe svchost exe E WINDOWS TEMP VRT tmp E WINDOWS system tmp E Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe E WINDOWS system rundll exe svchost exe svchost exe E Documents and Settings GrayWolf Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp search conduit com SearchSource amp ctid CT uURLSearchHooks free-downloads net Toolbar ecdee - d - f-a ff-c a - e program files free-downloads net tbfree dll mWinlogon SfcDisable - xfffff... Read more

A:Logonui.exe error at startup, dvd-rom not burning discs, blue screen error and more.

Hello and Welcome to TSF. I suspect you are infected with Virut.

Please go to: VirusTotalOn the page you'll find a Browse button.
Next to the Browse button you'll see a box to enter text.
Please copy/paste the following bolded text into the box:

e:\windows\explorer.exe

Then click the Send File button just below.
This will scan the file. Please be patient.
If you get a message saying File has already been analysed: click Reanalyse file now
Once scanned, copy and paste the URL from your browser address bar in your next reply.
Please repeat for the following files:

e:\windows\system32\userinit.exe
e:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
e:\windows\system32\spoolsv.exe

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/logonui-exe-error-at-startup-dvd-rom-not-burning-discs-blue-screen-error-and-more-436218.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I have been getting lots of failed dvd burns I use click dvd copy software After my last successful burns Burning DVD Errors in mid June nothing will burn I have made no changes to my DVD Burning Errors operating system or hardware Lg Innovations forums are suggesting that I update my firmware I am hesitant about doing DVD Burning Errors this because the update in from and I haven t had any burning problems til now Other lg innovation forums recommend changing DMA settings that I am very hesitant to do also Another suggestion is to try better DVD R media like Verbatim I have been using Memorex for years wihout recent failed burns Here is one failed burn log from click dvd software PM info F key click Open temporary log file PM info Writer Compatible media types DVD-R DVD-RW Seq DVD-RW RO DVD R DVD RW CD-R CD-RW DL DVD R PM info Writer New Drive selected - TSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H A D D Ide PM info IFO reallocation not required PM warning Burn process failed PM error Writer Write error at - Code Illegal request Invalid address for Write PM warning Writer Reporting invalid address for write during recovery - trying to continue PM warning Writer at sector - recover sequence started PM warning Writer Write error - Code C Write error - Info - CSI PM info Writer Try - duration s PM info Writer Lead-in burning time mS PM info Writer Write started sectors to write PM info Writer Writing speed requested x effective x PM info Writer Available write speed x x x x PM info Writer Media ID CMC MAG-M - PM info Writer Media type DVD R PM info Writer PIO Mode PM info Writer Scanned files folder - total size b Gb PM info Writer Inserted media type DVD R PM info Writer Write started PM info Volume name FROST NIXON PM info Source path for burning quot C Documents and Settings Xxxxxxx Application Data ClickDVDCopy Temp FROST NIXON VIDEO TS quot PM info Writer New media inserted Burning layer is ready to write PM info Writer Compatible media types DVD-R DVD-RW Seq DVD-RW RO DVD R DVD RW CD-R CD-RW DL DVD R PM info Writer New Drive selected - TSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H A D D Ide PM info IFO reallocation not required PM warning Burn process failed PM error Writer Write error at - Code Illegal request Invalid address for Write PM warning Writer Reporting invalid address for write during recovery - trying to continue PM warning Writer at sector - recover sequence started PM warning Writer Write error - Code C Write error - Info - CSI PM info Writer Try - duration s PM info Writer Lead-in burning time mS PM info Writer Write started sectors to write PM info Writer Writing speed requested x effective x PM info Writer Available write speed x x x x PM info Writer Media ID CMC MAG-M - PM info Writer Media type DVD R PM info Writer PIO Mode PM info Writer Scanned files folder - total size b Gb PM info Writer Inserted media type DVD R PM info Writer Write started PM info Volume name FROST NIXON PM info Source path for burning quot C Documents and Settings Xxxxxxx Application Data ClickDVDCopy Temp FROST NIXON VIDEO TS quot PM info Writer New media inserted Burning layer is ready to write PM info Writer Compatible media types DVD-R DVD-RW Seq DVD-RW RO DVD R DVD RW CD-R CD-RW DL DVD R PM info Writer New Drive selected - TSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H A D D Ide PM info IFO reallocation not required PM info Preparing to burn PM info Copy finished PM info Copying time PM info Copying started PM info Working Folder has quot Mb quot of free space PM info Working Folder C Documents and Settings Xxxxxxx Application Data ClickDVDCopy PM info Source size GB PM info Folder quot C Documents and Settings Xxxxxxx Application Data ClickDVDCopy Temp quot deleted PM info Disable startup of media player on DVD TRUE PM info Enable media stats collection - VSO FALSE PM info Turn off computer after burn FALSE PM info Delete temporary files TRUE PM info Warn before erasing RW media TRUE PM info Allow DVD tray eject TRUE PM info Prompt for another copy of the same source TRUE PM info Preferred B... Read more

A:DVD Burning Errors

looks like your software is messing up the address that it is suppose to write back to . have you tried other burning software like http://cdburnerxp.se/download.php its free.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239358/dvd-burning-errors/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have probs burning music CDs. Onto a CD-RW it's been fine, but onto CD-Rs I have had the same error 3 times. Faulty batch?

Am using Easy CD Creator 5.3.5.10n (have just loaded upgrades for an earlier 5.x.x but no difference.) During the burn onto the blank CD I get "Errors reported by output device:
E80041875: CD-Recorder error - tracking servo failure (04/09/01)
E80041899: Write error - buffer underrun occurred (06/C5/00)
E80041925: TrackWriter error - Command retry failed (T7118)."

The burner is 40x12x48. The last time I tried I set the copy speed to x16, but the same thing happened.

Relevancy 50.31%

Can anyone tell me what this is all about when I try to burn a disc
I have burnt disc's on this computer before but now all fail with this error.

Attachment 28348

A:burning errors

Did you happen to change media? Open a new batch of discs or something? Also what kind of data? Just data files or video? I don't think I've ever seen a burn error msg that said anything useful. It's like trying to read a legal contract. Never means what you think it does unless you're a contracts attorney.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301964-burning-errors.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

All of a sudden I cant burn a avi to a dvd-R disk. I am using Nero and I have windows XP. I have the proper software for Nero and the proper plug ins to burn a dvd. When it is all done burning I get the following error message:

12:16:20 PM #20 CDR -1047 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1534
Illegal mode for this track

12:16:20 PM #21 TRANSFER -27 File ThreadedTransferInterface.cpp, Line 1534
Could not perform start of Disc-at-once

12:16:20 PM #22 Phase 38 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 235
Burn process failed at 4x (5,520 KB/s)
I do not know what to do to fix this.

Can anyone help me please

Thank you,
KIm

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all,
For the past couple of days i have been trying to burn some music on a cd. Well everytime the cd begins to burn , it burns the first few songs then, i get an error message that says unable to burn disk, then it gives me a number at the end of the message.i tried this with both itunes and windows media player. I dont know what could be the problem , this music is from cd's that i copied on to the computer not downloaded or encrypted? also for the most part when i put in the failed disk, the first song plays??? and my computer recognizes the disk and asks for the action to take place. Please help me any help is greatly apprieciated. i just hope i do not have to go out and buy a new computer!!!

A:cd burning errors

You have to do a little more experimentation/diagnostics to get a better idea about the error such as does it repeat with different data, half as much data to burn, changing burning speed, changing media you are burning on, etc. etc.

There's no way any of us can tell you whats going on from afar with so little information because it could be so many things or even a combination of things causing the problem.

There is a troubleshoting guide at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324129 that may be of some help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-errors.692816/
Relevancy 49.88%

It s a new writer I errors burning Nero ve only been able to burn one audio CD and then errors the rest of the time This is the logfile when I tried burning a video CD from mpeg file Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Ahead Nero Wnaspi dll Ver size Nero burning errors bytes created AM Nero version Nero Express Recorder lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type via Inquiry data - gt ATAPI detected Connected to MMC as unknown drive with class-nr Drive is autodetected - recorder class Std MMC recorder CD-ROM lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral TOSHIBA MK GAS atapi Port ID DMA On AutoRun Excluded drive IDs CmdQueuing CmdNotification WriteBufferSize Nero burning errors Byte ShowDrvBufStat EraseSpeed BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Static Write Speed Table Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Video CD AM Text File Isodoc cpp Line Iso document burn settings ------------------------------------------ Determine maximum speed TRUE Simulate TRUE Write TRUE Finalize CD TRUE Multisession FALSE Burning mode DAO Mode XA ISO Level Max of char Character set ISO Joliet FALSE Allow pathdepth more than directories TRUE Allow more than characters in path TRUE Write ISO file extensions TRUE AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Buffer Underrun Protection activated AM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running AM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S running AM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x AM ISO GEN - File geniso cpp Line First writeable address x AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-at-once using CD-R RW media AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode FALSE AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S CDR code OSJ entry from CMC Magnetics Corporation ATIP Data Special Info hex D A LI F B LO Additional Info hex invalid invalid invalid AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE CTransferItem indices index not provided original CD pos relocatable CD pos for caching writing not required required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA RAW MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S TRM DATA MODE the o c hdtv-lol BT indices index not provided original CD pos relocatable CD pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA RAW MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S -------------------------------------------------------------- AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Recorder and media-info Burning to MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S on a CD-R media AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S for write in cue-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN TOCTYPE x Session Closed CD fixated Tracks to TRM DATA RAW MODE x ISRC quot quot FilePos TRM DATA RAW MODE x ISRC quot quot FilePos AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Speed measurement started AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying CD position of item relocatable CD pos no patch infos orig at write at AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying CD position of item relocatable no CD pos no patch infos orig at write at AM Text File WriterStatus cpp Line lt MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S gt start writing Lead-Out at LBA FB Dh lenght blocks AM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line all writers idle stopping conversion AM Text File dlgbrnst cpp Line Set remaining time ms - gt OK AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Speed measurement completed x KB s AM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Simulation started at x KB s AM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Li... Read more

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone, I'm having a strange problem here. Whenever I burn something to a DVD, without seeing any error, but when I put the DVD back, My computer sees it as a blank DVD :S

Any fixes ?

A:Blank DVD after burning with no errors

Quote: Originally Posted by Jalouly

Hello everyone, I'm having a strange problem here. Whenever I burn something to a DVD, without seeing any error, but when I put the DVD back, My computer sees it as a blank DVD :S

Any fixes ?

Hi Jalouly, The "test burn" is'nt checked by default is it ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242853-blank-dvd-after-burning-no-errors.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Well, it seems that whenever I try to burn an mp3 disc with Musicmatch 10 plus it comes up with an error. Screenshot here -> http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4172/cerrormmjburn4cn.jpg <- It happens almost every time, about 9 in 10 tries. Extremely frustrating. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 49.88%

Just bought a new dvd burner and installed it. My computer read it as a burner. It will read dvds with no problem but when i try to burn a dvd i get this error
"Logical unit communication crc error (ultra dma/32) and the burn errors out. any suggestions as how to fix the problem. unit works on sons computer but not on mine. old burner had no problems just used it up. thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

I need help Recently when Ive been trying to burn cds it always has the same error but it used to work fine My nero software is all updated and i am using a relatively new mad dog megastor in dvd rw i just cant figure out wuts wrong Also I noticed that i can t run simulations because for some reason the option is blocked but i used to be able to any help is greatly appreciated thanks Hes my log of one of the burns Xp A - - - - - A - - - - - A - - - - - A - - - - - A C- - - - - Windows XP IA WinAspi File Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created AM ahead WinASPI File C PROGRA Ahead nero Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM Nero Version Internal Version c Recorder lt MAD DOG MD- XDVD gt Version FA - HA TA - Adapter driver lt gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt MAD DOG MD- XDVD gt Version FA - HA TA - Adapter driver lt gt HA Scsi-Device-Map DiskPeripheral WDC WD JB- CRA atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral LITE-ON LTR- S atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral JLMS XJ-HD H atapi Port ID DMA On CDRom-Device-Map LITE-ON LTR- S with Errors CD 6 Burning Nero D CDRom JLMS XJ-HD H E CDRom MAD DOG MD- XDVD F CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type default Check supported media Disabled Audio CD AM CDADOC - File Cdadoc cpp Line Audio item log info Audio document burn settings Burn mode DAO CD Text On Cache disk or network files No Cache small files No Cache files smaller than bytes Audio Multisession No List of audio tracks Track Length Pause frames Filters Name A Perfect Circle - Passive mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Iron Maiden - The Trooper mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Soundgarden - Blow Up the Outside World mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Static-X - I m The One mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Aerosmith - Dream On mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name - Fear of the dark mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Mudvayne - CD Burning with Nero 6 Errors ing Determined mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Queens of the stoneage - little sister mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Bush - Little Things wma Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Judas Priest - Breaking The Law mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Ozzy Osborne - Mr Crowley mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Mushroomhead - Sun Doesn t Rise wma Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Kasabian - Club Foot mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Bush - Machinehead mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Tool - Opiate - - Cold and Ugly mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Zepyr mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Iron Maiden - - Wildest Dreams mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Tool - Opiate Extra Track mp Track Length Pause frames Filters Name Tenacious D - Tribute to the Greatest Song in the World mp Total size AM Text File Burncd cpp Line MAD DOG MD- XDVD Buffer underrun protection activated AM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running AM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer MAD DOG MD- XDVD running AM Text File AudioCompilationImpl cpp Line DRM StartDrmRecording RealRec ImageRec Copies DRM Startsession C Documents and Settings Austin My Documents My Music Bush - Little Things wma with total filename group burn licenses gt Cookie DRM Beginning burn process AM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using CD-R RW media AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media Last address to be written AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder MAD DOG MD- XDVD CDR code OSJ entry from Prodisc Technology Inc ATIP Data Special Info hex E B LI F B LO Additional Info hex invalid invalid invalid AM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt g... Read more

A:CD Burning with Nero 6 Errors

I solved the problem

I reinstalled the update for nero and it must have fixed something in the registry to fix that simulation thing becaus it all works now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-nero-6-errors.366114/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Tech Guys,

Up until recently i have been able to burn movies & music using my Laptop with either Nero 7 Essentials or DVD SHrink, then out of the blue i get this error message during a burning process about 5mins into it:-

Device not available
E: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L

Could not perform end of Disc-at-once

Burn process failed at 8x (11,080 KBs)

Also, when i last opened itunes i got a similar related error/warning:

itunes drivers for importing & burning CD's & DVD's are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall itunes.

I havnt tried that yet as i was scared i may loose all of my songs in my itunes library.
I cant remember ever installing other CD burning software to cause this problem so i am at a loss.

PLease help me !!

Regards
JULIA

Relevancy 49.02%

Last 2 times I burned DVDs (from video files) with my Nero software errors occurred in the background (not in Nero) and it seemed to make the burn take longer. In Event Viewer I think I saw Event ID 17 and 29. I put my cable modem on stand by and turn off as many processes as I can that run in the background to conserve resources. My CPU runs at 100% while transcoding the files to burn. Whole process usually takes 3 to 4 hours. These last 2 times it took over 5 hours. I suspect because other things on my PC were going on in the background. The DVD gets done finally and works fine.

Is it possible to burn DVDs in Safe Mode? Would this be a good idea, so that all the back ground processes are at a bare minimum?

A:Computer Errors While Burning DVDs

a nice quick safe way of shuting down all the programs running is a program callled Smartclose its free and it closes all programs and prossess excpt for the ones xp needs to live on.
also when your finnished you can restart any thing it shut down just as easaly. though i find it better to just restart my pc.

theres no ads or spyware or anything to worry about. i love this program and use it when i run defrag or play a game

heres what that site says

SmartClose is a handy tool that allows you to close all currently running programs - a task often required during software installations to minimize conflicts (or during defrag operations). This can be a tedious task when performed manually, and usually requires a restart to get all your programs back up and running. With SmartClose however, the entire process is simplified and automatic, as it stores the running program information is a system snapshot and not only closes all applications for you, but also restarts/restores them later. The program can be customized in various aspects, and a quick wizard also allows you to exclude programs from being closed or restored. It will automatically skip applications that are required for the Windows system to run. In addition, it supports services, as well as Explorer and Internet Explorer windows and saves their current location, so they can be restored properly.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-errors-while-burning-dvds.603273/
Relevancy 49.02%

Whenever I try to burn a DVD, it loads up to 99% and then I get a message saying that I have a lot of sector errors (I think it was over 50 this time), and it asks if I'd like to continue anyway. Anyway, I've wasted like 3 DVDs already because of this (they're not rewritable), and I'd like not to waste any more.

For clarification, I've done nothing different here. I ripped the DVD with DVD ripping software (I own the DVD, so this is legal), then burned it with ImgBurn as I normally would. I didn't change any settings or anything.

Does anyone know what might be wrong? And sorry if I'm somewhat unclear. I would type up exactly what the message said verbatim, but in order to do that, I'd have to waste another disc. I hope this is clear enough.

Relevancy 49.02%

HELP!
keep getting error message re: registry settings missing.....have a vista, itunes 8, month ago it burned, then all of a sudden it stopped

reinstalled, reinstalled, reinstalled everything, itunes, etc - same problem on my XP OS, was fixed - but vista still an issue

we did try lower versions, drivers, patches....to no avail

this is grandma's laptop and i've spent all day trying to help!

I can't google anymore and i am at my wits' end

any advice?
thank you!

A:vista/itunes 8/burning cds/errors

Question, do you use a registry cleaner? If so that is likely what is breaking itunes. Do you recall what version of itunes you owned when it worked properly?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-itunes-8-burning-cds-errors.773511/
Relevancy 48.59%

Recently I saved my major files onto DVD using Nero6, so I could reformat my hard drive. Running XP with sp2.

When I transfered the files back into the places required, all the wording formats of the file names had changed (not readable as previous) and when I open a word doc. or a excel page and edit or add to the piece I'm working on and then try to resave. A message comes up saying that this file is read only and must resave with another name.

I had this problem once again using nero6 burning CD's.

Can anyone tell me what settings should be set in the "New Compilation" pages of Nero.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi This one has got me amp i need help My problem first started when i got myself a new amp checked by shop Sata gig external hard drive i put my movies on this drive and descovered the sata connection would not work no new hardware found but i v got sata amp on motherboard amp pc Errors, freezing or start ? movie Burning of Default Keeps missing can cope with requirements but was not fussed as the usb was fine I burned a movie and it freezes for a second or all together movie had already been burned without errors i Default Burning Errors, Keeps freezing or missing start of movie ? though it must be the new sata drive but i moved the same movie to one of the internal drives but still have problems so i said fcuk it and done a format thinking this would sort it out but no its now missing the start of the movie on upstairs DVD player and wont run in downstairs DVD player but works just fine in both DVD drives on PC Then i though it must be the burner so i bought a new burner and its just the same coasters so far iam using same Media Codec pack as always with no other changes Pc Info Windows XP SP Bios AT AT Compatible AMD Athlon XP ghs Memory mb DVD NEC DVD RW ND- A OLD DVD PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- S NEW External E-Sata WXT-E quot NEW Note just noticed that on CheckIT Diagnostics that my Model No on Drive E says Model No NEC DVD RW ND- A Model No PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- S amp again on drive J Model No NEC DVD RW ND- A Model No PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- S Checked master amp slave amp ok All other checks on CheckIT Diagnostics look alright Anyone know where iam going wrong please nbsp

A:Default Burning Errors, Keeps freezing or missing start of movie ?

Anyone any ideas on this one ?

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/default-burning-errors-keeps-freezing-or-missing-start-of-movie.670465/
Relevancy 46.01%

My problem is not with this computer I have also Compaq cq z- Windows Vista Home Premiun SP my problem is this Somehow I got a virus after being so effing careful to boot Now when I start my laptop I get a quick flash of the command prompt window followed by a quick blank blue screen and then these things repeat themselves and then nothing works except my mouse will move So I tried what I know recovery and such It will not do anything in safe mode at all either It will not let me change the boot drive order I guess that is what it is called to the disc drive to run the recovery from my discs So I got a friend to look at it He says that my operating system is fried He said I need to call recovery discs discs system Operating vs Acer and buy an operating system disc set Ok my question is this are these discs different than the set of discs that I made when I first got my computer the ones Operating system discs vs recovery discs I call the recovery discs Also why would I need to get them from Acer Wouldn t I get them from HP or Compaq since this is who I bought my computer from I am holding off spending the money to buy these new discs until I am certain that they are what I need to fix my computer And if this guy really knows what he is doing Any help is greatly appreaciated nbsp

A:Operating system discs vs recovery discs

Your friend told you to call Acer for help with a Compaq computer? If so, I wouldn't go to that friend for any more technical help.

If you already have recovery/restore/operating system disks (whatever you want to call them), then you don't need to purchase anything else. You need to boot from them. Explain what you mean by "it will not let me change the boot order". Does that mean you don't know how? Your BIOS is password protected? They keyboard doesn't work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/operating-system-discs-vs-recovery-discs.991860/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm getting very nervous that I haven't made these impt system recovery discs. I bought 10 CDs at the time I bought PC and was assured they were the right type. When I got ready to create the discs, my PC said I would need 18 CDs. I backed out at that point so don't know if the ones I have are the right kind.

I'm going out this week to buy some more, but still have doubts I'm getting the right kind.

My HP guide says I need: CD-R

What I have is: SONY CD-R AUDIO (compact disc digital audio recordable)

Have I got the right kind? Thanks so much. Fox

A:Solved: What kind of discs needed to make "System Recovery Discs"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-kind-of-discs-needed-to-make-system-recovery-discs.512425/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,

I'm using an Asus G50v, and can't wait to try out Windows 7, but I'm a little worried about recovering Vista afterwards. I don't have actual Windows Vista OS discs, to keep costs down on my laptop Asus gave me a set of recovery dvds, which only work MY computer. They restore the computer back to the origional factory settings like using the windows.old file (I think, I've had to wipe the computer once, I pressed f9 during startup and started windows with OEM, although the disc was in the drive, I'm not sure if it was actually used).

I'm worried that If I install Windows 7 some Asus specefic files will be deleted and once August 1 rolls around I won't be able to re-install vista.

I have vista 64 home premium, if that helps.

A:Recovery discs instead of vista OS discs, can I still get vista after August 1?

Quote: Originally Posted by The angry Asus User

Hello,

I'm using an Asus G50v, and can't wait to try out Windows 7, but I'm a little worried about recovering Vista afterwards. I don't have actual Windows Vista OS discs, to keep costs down on my laptop Asus gave me a set of recovery dvds, which only work MY computer. They restore the computer back to the origional factory settings like using the windows.old file (I think, I've had to wipe the computer once, I pressed f9 during startup and started windows with OEM, although the disc was in the drive, I'm not sure if it was actually used).

I'm worried that If I install Windows 7 some Asus specefic files will be deleted and once August 1 rolls around I won't be able to re-install vista.

I have vista 64 home premium, if that helps.

Maybe you should make a backup image of your hdd, at least that way it would be exactly the way it was b4 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/1902-recovery-discs-instead-vista-os-discs-can-i-still-get-vista-after-august-1-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 39.56%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 39.13%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 38.27%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Wake from sleep is slow and I loose control over curser for 10 sec.

These are most of the errors and their numbers that I have been getting over the past 5 days.

Boot duration 100,101,109,103
Stanby duration 300

Driver caused delay
351 Thumbdrive driver delay
302 Peer-to-Peer Tunneling Protocol
302 RAS SSTP Miniport Call Manager
302 NVIDIA MCP Networking Function Driver
351 ACPI Driver for NT
302 RICOH SD/MMC Driver
Shut down delay 200, 201
Shut down caused by Services delays 203 many different services

I have done the boot and shutdown trace (Gathering a Startup, Shutdown, Sleep, Hibernate, or Reboot Trace[2]=Performance%20Maintenance) and have pm'ed you the link.

I am doing a clean install and would like to get these errors handled before I make an Image.
Thanks for your help!

A:Boot errors,shutdown errors, wake errors.

Those numbers are in milliseconds, so all of them added up isn't going to amount to anything. Your trace didn't merge (you have a kmode and a umode .etl file), so I'm merging this manually (meaning I may be missing some portion of the data - I would hope not, but it is possible). There are a couple of things here (the nvidia driver is causing network stack delays during boot, disk fragmentation is apparent, especially in the MFT, Windows Defender is enabled and scanning, heavily, during boot, etc), but I did find something interesting. the xmarks IE add-in seems to cause about a 10 second driver request at about the same time csc is loading, which also occurs at around the same time that an svchost is doing a scan of the registry (and a lot of random writes during read). I also notice that the system spends a lot of time on D:, but the disk information says the partition is C: on a Fujitsu MHW2160BH - that seems a bit odd, so I'm wondering which is which.

Ultimately, however, I am not sure it's anything you've done, per se, but it's a convergence of things here that are conspiring to slow your system. It might make sense to do a few things:
Stop/Disable Windows Defender, and replace it with an actual antivirus/antimalware product like Avast, MSE, etc.
Disable/remove xmarks temporarily - it's not doing you any favors
Run a manual disk defragmentation pass, and then defragment free space as well with defrag.exe (see /? for options)
Make sure your nvidia drivers are up to date - they aren't doing you any favors either, although you may not be able to do much about the perf hit they'll give during boot/resume, unfortunately

The delays here appear to be too many cooks in the disk I/O kitchen at the same time on a slow disk - that Fujitsu is a 5400RPM disk with only 8MB of cache (1st gen SATA, and designed for reductions in power consumption, not speed), which would explain two things - one, why it's I/O performance is slow, and two, why the cache is flushing so frequently. Ultimately, the disk is *really* slow in today's technological parlance, and it is especially important that be noted given all the I/O being thrown at it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/181343-boot-errors-shutdown-errors-wake-errors.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 36.98%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 36.98%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have noticed in my event logs I have lots and lots of errors over and over again, they are like DCOM EVENT 10005 , and atapi event 9, and cdrom event 51 and all three are over and over again thats what caught my eye, can anyone tell me what it means and if I should be concerned and if so how to fix them, please help thanks

Relevancy 34.4%

Are "System Repair Discs" (like described e.g. here:
System Repair Disc - Create)

the same as "System Recovery Discs" (like described e.g. here:
Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs &#x2014; The NeoSmart Files)

If not: What are the differences?

Peter

A:Are "System Repair Discs" = "System Recovery Discs" ?

Yes, they are the same thing. They give you the option to launch repair from the dvd/cd. They CANNOT be used to reinstall windows.

Just FYI, till some time ago OEM computers came with a vendor-supplied "Restore" disk (also called recovery disk sometimes). These are completely different from the ones you have listed. These let you reinstall the os and in some cases the mobo drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/112681-system-repair-discs-system-recovery-discs.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 33.97%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi peoples As my subject line suggests I m having more than a couple of computer dlls lags, errors, msgs, registry error massive system errors... difficulties When I start the computer I get a screen freeze and have to press Ctrl Alt Del once before any programs will startup A lot of probs with internet connection and slowness while surfing as well as a lot of pop up ads in my face There are system boxes coming up with registry and dll massive lags, error msgs, system errors, dlls registry errors... errors and the whole system seems SLOW I use spybot regularly but it doesn t seem to pick up everything One error that comes up often is - x f Windows System exploer exe Application Error So I pretty much have the works going on here If anyone is brave enough to give me a pointer or two then I would welcome any suggestions Here is the massive lags, error msgs, system errors, dlls registry errors... Hijack This log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at massive lags, error msgs, system errors, dlls registry errors... PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS essspk exe C WINDOWS System uiunww exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE C Program Files HighCriteria TotalRecorder TotRecSched exe C WINDOWS system exe C WINDOWS system regdata exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System NDrv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME LEIGH- LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ebay com au R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www ebay com au O - BHO no name - - F D- C- E - A C E C - no file O - BHO no name - DD-C E- -AF -DD C C - C WINDOWS twaintec dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - B D B- - bd - F - D EE A - C WINDOWS System NDrv dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - A FDD -A - - - ED E DBBB - C Program Files SideFind sfbho dll O - HKLM Run EssSpkPhone essspk exe O - HKLM Run jlodzbjvbrb C WINDOWS System uiunww exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run TotalRecorderScheduler quot C Program Files HighCriteria TotalRecorder TotRecSched exe quot O - HKLM Run SpyBlocker C Program Files SpyBlocker Software spyblocker exe O - HKLM Run winini exe C WINDOWS System winini exe O - HKLM Run exploer exe C WINDOWS System exploer exe O - HKLM Run logon exe C WINDOWS System logon exe O - HKLM Run satmat C WINDOWS satmat exe O - HKLM Run NvCplSystem C WINDOWS system exe O - HKLM Run regdata exe C WINDOWS system regdata exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM RunServices winini exe C WINDOWS System winini exe O - HKLM RunServices exploer exe C WINDOWS System exploer exe O - HKLM RunServices logon exe C WINDOWS System logon exe O - HKLM RunS... Read more

A:massive lags, error msgs, system errors, dlls registry errors...

Sorry but I don't see any antivirus software running there and you have a lot of virus/trojan type processes running.

You need to do an on-line scan to remove the problems and also think about installing one (AVG is good, and its free). Then post a log back once that is cleaned up.

Issues I refer to include these to show how bad it is:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\uiunww.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regdata.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {00000010-6F7D-442C-93E3-4A4827C2E4C8} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {000020DD-C72E-4113-AF77-DD56626C6C42} - C:\WINDOWS\twaintec.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A3FDD654-A057-4971-9844-4ED8E67DBBB8} - C:\Program Files\SideFind\sfbho13.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winini.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\winini.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [exploer.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\exploer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [logon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\logon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [satmat] C:\WINDOWS\satmat.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplSystem] C:\WINDOWS\system.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [regdata.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\regdata.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [winini.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\winini.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [exploer.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\exploer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [logon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\logon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [regdata.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\regdata.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NDrv] C:\WINDOWS\System32\NDrv.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [exploer.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\exploer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [winini.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\winini.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [regdata.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\regdata.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [logon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\logon.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/massive-lags-error-msgs-system-errors-dlls-registry-errors.303876/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am new so I may have not posted this in the correct category and I may not be as specific descriptive as I should but here goes From first recieving my lenovo t after logging in an error pops up quot Error in C Windows System spool DRIVERS W X LXCFtime dll Missing Entry Run DLLEntry quot Also upon attempting to run System Restore it rebooted and told me it did not complete succesfully quot An unspecified error occured during system restore quot When I went into info it had no info regarding that error and the help site online didn t help much either I tried different restore points I tried the recommended restore point and I tried creating a new restore point but it still gives the same quot unspecified error quot message I had installed a Lenovo printer driver and took my PC in for service due to the error msg The guy installed cjr EN exe to fix the problem which went away for awhile but has reappeared approx months later The guy didn t seem to concerned that restore didn t work but I am Any suggestions as to the problem I am considering reinstalling vista and wiping everything do not want to Also I have MSOffice which did not fully install Word and Excel help restore, errors, system32 system vista host cannot errors, etc. Please Solved: business: kind of worked I haven t bothered with Solved: vista business: system32 errors, host errors, cannot system restore, etc. Please help the others but often the keyboard goes screwy becomes a weird E symbol etc and I tried to uninstall it but it says these things quot Error Setup cannot update file C Windows System mapisvc inf Verify that file exists amp you have sufficient permissions to update it quot I m not sure what this means or why it popped up when I was trying to UNINSTALL MSO and about s later quot Fatal error during installation quot The program never did get uninstalled I have included some other info it may or may not be relevant to the above Sidenote I use AVG and Spybot S amp D and just recently AVG detected Windows System ntoskrnl exe as quot change quot It doesn t really give any other info and just before that I had put a trojan in the virus vault which was most likely d l from p p BOO I had a problem with facebook and am really worried about a keylogger whatnot Nothing has been detected in AVG except Windows System drivers etc hosts exe which i located and somehow deleted and then emptied the recycle bin but has alas reappeared as quot change quot in avg THUS due to this I like an idiot installed a stupid registry cleaner ToniArts and now am having Spybot S amp D tell me it detected an important registry change quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler I have no idea what this means and I m afraid I ve trashed my registry which I never should have touched considering my skill level Is there a way to undo this even though I ve already uninstalled the cleaner app I mentioned these things because I don t know what problem stems from where i could really use some help or even direction if possible Thanks ALSO forgot to mention I constantly get a message from Windows Defender telling me Windows has blocked some startup programs but when I click where it says quot Click here to view a list of blocked startup programs quot it just takes me to quot Programs and Features quot and shows me the list of my programs i have removed anything i KNOW is unnecessary and not anything what I didn t know what it was haha duh I have also checked many of the processes in task manager and none seem to be out of place nbsp

A:Solved: vista business: system32 errors, host errors, cannot system restore, etc. Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-business-system32-errors-host-errors-cannot-system-restore-etc-please-help.702841/
Relevancy 33.54%

So one day my computer froze and i doesn't rundll errors, basically svchost the errors, computer work now had to manually push the button to turn it off Ever since then i ve been having this rundll exe error when i log in But recently the computer froze again and i had to manually restart it and svchost errors, rundll errors, now the computer basically doesn't work its been getting more errors Like now i have these svchost errors, rundll errors, now the computer basically doesn't work svchost exe errors that pop up on the log in screen and i have to hit ok to terminate the program or cancel to quot debug quot the program and no matter what i push i have like of these errors to go through and then when i log in the computer is like inaccessible There is no sound anymore just the beeps that come on with the error message but they dont come through the speakers the blue toolbars and appearance of xp has reverted to the old windows silver look and the internet svchost errors, rundll errors, now the computer basically doesn't work doesn t work I know my connection is fine because im using the wireless connection perfectly I ve done repair installs on windows and sometimes it works and my computer works fine with the exception of all the errors i have to go through but recently the repair installs just freeze at the please wait screen before you log in for the first time So basically i dont know what to do I m hoping i don t have to format the drive because theres like songs on it and some documents i backed up the documents but have yet to backup the songs but if thats my only option i guess ill try to salvage what i have sorry for the rant-like post but its just getting really frustrating and making me pretty worried about all my files

A:svchost errors, rundll errors, now the computer basically doesn't work

Hi Shaftmonky, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

If you have done a couple of repair installations then I would suspect the hdd drive. If you can find out who the manufacturer is you should go to their web site and download their diagnostic tool. You will need to burn it to a CD and then boot from it, you may need to changed the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, you will want to make the hdd the second device.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/207462/svchost-errors-rundll-errors-now-the-computer-basically-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 33.54%

Last night I think I picked up the Sasser virus McAfee Errors...etc. Fatal Application Forced Critical Errors, Shutdowns, System caught it and advised me but then I started getting the fake pop-ups regarding system being infected Forced Shutdowns, Critical System Errors, Application Fatal Errors...etc. I've had forced shutdowns quot your system is unstable quot critical system errors with quot Process LSASS EXE module Kernal dll quot and others Currently on my screen there is a pop-up of quot SysFader IE EXPLORER EXE - Application Fatal Error quot The instruction at x cf referenced memory at x df e The memory could not be read quot Its taken me a while to get to the point of posting this due to the constant shut-downs Any help would be greatly appreciated Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Bxxxx Pxxx on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - Forced Shutdowns, Critical System Errors, Application Fatal Errors...etc. - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Bxxxx Pxxx exe ------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system IPSSVC EXEC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exeC Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exeC Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files McAfee MBK MBackMonitor exeC Forced Shutdowns, Critical System Errors, Application Fatal Errors...etc. PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exeC WINDOWS system svchost exec program files lenovo system update suservice exeC Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exeC WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG EXEC WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exeC Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exeC Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exeC Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery ADM IUService exeC Program Files Common Files Lenovo Logger logmon exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system acs exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exeC PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Program Files Lenovo Client Security Solution cssauth exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp ExeC WINDOWS system TpShocks exeC PROGRA Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC PROGRA THINKV PrdCtr LPMGR exeC Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exeC Program Files Lenovo PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateServic... Read more

A:Forced Shutdowns, Critical System Errors, Application Fatal Errors...etc.

Hello Parkersen Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Sorry about the delay. We're all volunteers here, and it's been very busy. If you still need help, please post a new DSS.scan report to make sure nothing has changed. Please post only the main.txt report. And I'll be happy to take a look at it for you. Thanks, for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/142830/forced-shutdowns-critical-system-errors-application-fatal-errorsetc/
Relevancy 33.54%

Last night our second family PC Blue Screened with an 0x4E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error which is a very strong indicator of corrupted memory.

Memory is Crucial Ballistix PC3200 (DDR 400) in a 4x512 (2 gigs) configuration in a socket 939 system Epox 9NPA+Ultra motherboard.

The specs on this memory are as follows: 2.8 voltage which the motherboard has it set at correctly as well as in 2T. The CAS is a designed 2-2-2-6 but mobo has it set at 3-4-4-8 which is probably due to the 4x512 configuration and 2T

Ran memtest and into the fifth PASS received 212 errors all in Test 5. I saw enough so I tested each stick individually for the minimum Passes of 7 and no errors on any of them even in test 5.

So I reinstalled all four sticks, checked the BIOS settings and ran Memtest again and in the very first PASS I received 20 errors in Test 5.

Any ideas?

A:4 Memory Sticks Installed = Errors; Individually Tested = Zero Errors

maybe i misread your testing method, but could it be a bad dimm?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-memory-sticks-installed-errors-individually-tested-zero-errors.143057/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello I've had nothing but great luck with Windows and my current computer for almost a year A couple weeks ago however I errors/bad bluescreens/stack image dumps/memory errors started getting intermittent and seemingly random stop screens There seems to be no pattern to the blue screens sometimes I'll be gaming or sometimes the computer will be idle when it happens In addition to the stop screens in some applications I have also had errors pop up in programs involving the term 'bad image' and the dbghelp dll file I replaced the dbghelp dll file using the method described here Debug Help Library Windows Following those instructions bluescreens/stack dumps/memory errors/bad image errors and installing the software bluescreens/stack dumps/memory errors/bad image errors advised did nothing to fix the problem I've also noted that the user interface freezes briefly every so often and then begins to work again This happens in various programs like Adobe Photoshop and my amazon s browser but also just on the windows desktop Randomly also various programs stop working and close Here is a link to the dump file info both large and mini dump files and a screen shot of the 'bad image' error sorry for the file size https s amazonaws com only-PC onl oubleshoot rar I wouldn't consider myself a 'power user' and I don't over clock or do any other enthusiast activities Other things I've done to try and resolve this problem I have removed all items from the startup in msconfig I've removed any and all unnecessary applications I've scanned for viruses using Malware Bytes AVAST and Microsoft Security Essentials No viruses have been found I've checked to make sure my computer isn't overheating in any way it isn't My computer is set up as follows Windows Professional bit with ALL latest windows updates Intel Core Quad Q Yorkfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor GIGABYTE GA-EP -UD P LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard EVGA GeForce GTS GB -bit GDDR PCI Express gigs of high performance DDR memory not sure what kind System drive is two gig drives in stripe RAID using the motherboard's onboard RAID Just trying to be as specific as possible If you need any further information let me know and I will provide it I'm lost on this I just want to get back to work PLEASE HELP - James

A:bluescreens/stack dumps/memory errors/bad image errors

Upload the most recent dumps
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/126630-bluescreens-stack-dumps-memory-errors-bad-image-errors.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan still clean up critical included n errors, hijack IE far errors, ran log adaware so saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C IE errors, critical errors, hijack log included ran clean up n adaware so far still WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Web Folders ibm exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program IE errors, critical errors, hijack log included ran clean up n adaware so far still Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files HbTools Bin HbtOEAddOn exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Compaq Connections Program Compaq Connections exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Memturbo MemTurbo exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles msn exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles dw exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Web Folders ibm exe c progra intern iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY rio amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http resultsmaster com SmartOffers meLeftPane htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page about blank F - REG system ini Shell explorer exe quot C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Web Folders ibm exe quot O - BHO no name - f fd e- ee- -aa - dd e a fa - C WINDOWS system hp D tmp O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll file missing O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll file missing O - Toolbar SecurityToolbar - b -bdad- be- d - ae ddf bcb - C Program Files Security Toolbar Security Toolbar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXE O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run Pure Networks Port Magic quot C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe quot -Run O - HKLM Run Second internet pure bleh C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Setupfilmsecondinternet VIEW LOCKS exe O - HKLM Run PRISMSVR EXE quot C WINDO... Read more

A:IE errors, critical errors, hijack log included ran clean up n adaware so far still

moving up urgent

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-errors-critical-errors-hijack-log-included-ran-clean-up-n-adaware-so-far-still-165325.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Greetings and thanks in advance for your time I need help figuring out how to address my disk errors and file system errors Will Unable to and fix run system disk to errors. file Need chkdsk. errors you please help me figure out a way to run chkdsk I am posting a new topic here at the instruction of my helper HJT Unable to run chkdsk. Need to fix disk errors and file system errors. Team member 'extremeboy ' Extremeboy suggested I post here to get specific expert help on a current symptom which I am experiencing following a malware infection My Unable to run chkdsk. Need to fix disk errors and file system errors. original topic where I've received instructions from extremeboy is here along with recent DDS logs other scan logs etc http www bleepingcomputer com forums t post-infection-further-help-needed-cant-run-chkdsk -and-combofix-quarantine-question My system Software details Windows XP Pro Tablet Edition SP all updates taken Firefox used for all my web browsing Windows Firewall runningAVG Free version running updated regularlyMy Machine details Gateway M tablet PC notebookCeleron processor GHz MB of RAM Hard Drive is a Fujitsu MHV BH which is SATA I believe I need help finding an alternative way to run chkdsk During the scan processes that eradicated my malware infection I was prompted several times to run chkdsk to address disk errors I have also experienced some glitches with document files getting corrupted Unfortunately I have been able to run chkdsk despite many attempts My issues and symptoms -When I schedule chkdsk to run at reboot it does not run -My Operating System CDs are the Gateway Recoverty CDs for XP not purely the Windows install CDs When I boot from them they do not provide any way to run chkdsk I am only given the option to do a complete reinstall or to save files to a new area of the HDD and install a clean set of XP -When I boot from an original XP CD I bought and attempt to enter 'r' to enter Recovery I get this message Windows did not find any hard disk installed Make sure the drive is on is properly connected and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct This may involve running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic program I am then told that Recovery can't run and I have to just reboot I was unable to find any diagnostic program pertaining to my Fujitsu hard drive Thank you for reading my request I sincerely appreciate your help -mattmurdock

A:Unable to run chkdsk. Need to fix disk errors and file system errors.

Hi .Not sure why you would get that message when accessing the Recovery Console, that's typically a message that occurs when a user is trying to install XP on a SATA drive but the SATA drivers are not included in the install process.XP Tablet Edition is considered to be a superset of XP Pro...so there's no version conflict.That would seem to indicate that your hard drive is experiencing problems which Windows cannot solve.http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computi.../utilities.htmlI would use Version 1.12, but it appears that either of the first two will do the job.LouisDon't bother with the short test, do the long/extended test.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254278/unable-to-run-chkdsk-need-to-fix-disk-errors-and-file-system-errors/
Relevancy 33.54%

I seem to be having SSL random errors when sites are loading The errors are random with no correlation between sites times or anything like that My original post lead hook/rootkit? finding IAT a Errors/SSL Errors to Website is located here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t virusmalware-possible-iat-hookrootkit I was told to Website Errors/SSL Errors lead to finding a IAT hook/rootkit? post here and link that post in any case it has a lot more information on what I had found and problems I was having I am running Windows Home Premium SP The original problem I was having was that I would get these random errors or similar when loading pages on anything that used internet so it wasn't one specific browser Now after the scans I haven't noticed any errors coming up or stopping me from going to these sites but then again its random so I am not sure here While scanning I found the suspicious paths in dll files from using RogueKiller which made me suspect something worse I followed the prep guide starting at step as I was told to there are other logs in my previous post listed above Here are the logs to FRST scan Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Andrew administrator on SHOCKWAVE on - - Running from C Users Andrew Desktop Loaded Profiles Andrew Available profiles Andrew Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files AMD ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Binary Fortress Software C Program Files x DisplayFusion DisplayFusionService exe Hi-Rez Studios C Program Files x Hi-Rez Studios HiPatchService exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files x Razer Razer Services GSS GameScannerService exe Razer Inc C Program Files x Razer Razer Cortex RzKLService exe Razer C Program Files x Razer Core bit RzOvlMon exe Western Digital C Program Files x Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDDriveService exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XBoxStat exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x WhatPulse whatpulse exe Binary Fortress Software C Program Files x DisplayFusion DisplayFusion exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Razer USA Ltd C Program Files x Razer Arctosa razerhid exe Razer Inc C Program Files x Razer Synapse RzSynapse exe Dropbox Inc C Users Andrew AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files Rainmeter Rainmeter exe OpenOffice org C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe OpenO... Read more

A:Website Errors/SSL Errors lead to finding a IAT hook/rootkit?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/576288 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576288/website-errorsssl-errors-lead-to-finding-a-iat-hookrootkit/
Relevancy 33.54%

Bonjour Service Task Scheduling Error on Windows PC Windows Event Viewer Windows Logs Application shows New events available all of the pattern Error description and Errors on Scheduling Windows new errors Service Task 18,470 PC, Bonjour 10 General details Error AM Bonjour Service None Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledSPRetry Error AM Bonjour Service None Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledEvent Error AM Bonjour Bonjour Service Task Scheduling Errors on Windows 10 PC, 18,470 new errors Service None Task Scheduling Error Continuously busy for more than one second Error AM Bonjour Service None Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledSPRetry Error AM Bonjour Service None Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledEvent Error AM Bonjour Service None Task Scheduling Error Continuously busy for more than one second Note all Apple start-up programs are enabled and running iCloud Drive iCloud Services iTunesHelper except QuickTime Task is disabled because I very rarely use QuickTime Any advice for eliminating the recurring Error If this question would better to be posted in a different forum or better to be posted somewhere else on the web please let me know Thanks Frank

A:Bonjour Service Task Scheduling Errors on Windows 10 PC, 18,470 new errors

You can safely uninstall the 'Bonjour' service. As far as I know its only use on a Windows machine is if you happen to use an Apple Air printer. You should be able to uninstall it through the Control Panel.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603110/bonjour-service-task-scheduling-errors-on-windows-10-pc-18470-new-errors/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am experiencing DNS Errors Winsock Errors IE closing on its own yesterday while visiting a regularly visited site a virus window popped up and was a pain to get it go away wouldn't stop popping up slow opening file folders I look at the flashlight alot other programs closing on there own I also was deleting temp files and I have one that is questionable to me because it wont go away I looked it up and it didnt sound good but with Computer IE, closing, Slow DNS Winsock IE Errors, errors, Problems I can't get rid of it named Perflib Perfdata dat I am greatly appreciative for any guidance Thank you for your time DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Sara Cook at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Problems with IE, DNS errors, Winsock Errors, IE closing, Computer Slow XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS SYSTEM Ati evxx exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Problems with IE, DNS errors, Winsock Errors, IE closing, Computer Slow Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Cobian Backup Cobian exe C Program Files Cobian Backup cbInterface exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Sara Cook Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uInternet Settings ProxyServer http uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie mURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB EF BD -C FB- D - F- D... Read more

A:Problems with IE, DNS errors, Winsock Errors, IE closing, Computer Slow

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280481/problems-with-ie-dns-errors-winsock-errors-ie-closing-computer-slow/
Relevancy 33.54%

Need some guidance I'm trying to help a friend who got hit by something virus malware etc Cleaned that up but In looking over his Win bit Home Premium system I noticed his Windows Update had not run in over a year So I tried to run it manually and have been going down a rabbit hole ever since It looks like something has completely removed all the subkeys to quot Component Based Servicing quot which is core to the whole Update process TrustedInstaller is throwing all sorts of errors I tried to run an sfc scannow and it fails So last I ran a Readiness Test Whoa it fixed and left errors Almost all related to the regkeys needed for Component Readiness errors, Win 7 Test Update errors Help 5000+ returning Based Servicing Is there an overall re-install for Windows Update and it's dependent components Is there any chance this laptop can be saved I've run out of idea's All googled fixes have failed so I'm open to all suggestions at this point Thx

A:Win 7 Update errors, Readiness Test returning 5000+ errors Help

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304382-win-7-update-errors-readiness-test-returning-5000-errors-help.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I was overclocking my A for a while then I BSODs, Random and errors, boot disk errors decided to run stock again After that I started getting random BSODs a bit after I booted up up to mins after If I don't BSOD my computer seems to run stable for long Random BSODs, disk errors, and boot errors periods easily Random BSODs, disk errors, and boot errors I think it may have something to do with my memory Sometimes when I BSOD my computer won't boot back up giving me a quot Error loading into OS quot error In this case I usually turn off the power to my PSU and I can reboot into Windows normally In the event viewer I randomly get this sometimes it seems that my cables are secure though quot The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D quot I'm running Windows XP Pro on this system AMD Athlon Venice Asus A N-SLI Deluxe GB x MB Corsair XMS TwinX PC x MB Leadtek GT Maxtor DiamondMax Plus Y P GB MB Western Digital Caviar SE WD JD GB MB SATA Chaintech AV- Lian-Li PC-

A:Random BSODs, disk errors, and boot errors

hi darius,

pretty awesome computer you got there. hmmmm......there could be a number of problems, which hdd is your primary boot drive? whichever one is it, try replacing the sata cable or ide cable with a spare cable.

also check out www.majorgeeks.com and download memtest86 from the memory category. then put the program in a floppy and bootup with it and test out your ram for any errors.

if you can too, install the latest chipset drivers for yoru motherboard, good luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/random-bsods-disk-errors-and-boot-errors-62580.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I was hoping that someone may be able to help me decipher what sort of error messages I encountered as a result of running MemTAest86 for a few hours. I have gotten 72 error messages, and I have no way of knowing how severe these messages are. Any help would be appreciated.

A:MemTest86 Errors Questions - 72 errors recieved when running after 3hr

RAM (memory) test:
This will require memtest on a bootable CD or USB stick.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
This tutorial will show you how to run a good test with RAM. Any error is bad though. Do the part of the tutorial where swapping the RAM modules to different slots, checking each one idividually, etc. What is the exact model numer and brand of your RAM?
CPUz will help with the ID of the RAM. Be aware of the installer and uncheck stuff you don't want.
CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

This explains what I understand about memtest.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
I've not seen the version your are running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/296568-memtest86-errors-questions-72-errors-recieved-when-running-after-3hr.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I contracted the System Tool virus about a week ago and I think I successfully removed it by using Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer and then running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Immediately after I solved that issue I started seeing the Google redirect issue where search result links were redirected to a handful of other sites intermittently I ve tried to detect and remove whatever is causing the issue with MBAM Ad-Aware and TDSSKiller I thought the TDSSKiller actually did it as the problem stopped for a while after I ran it last night but it was back again this afternoon so I ran MBAM again which turned up three infected objects and now my system is supposedly all clean again In addition to the Google redirect two rundll errors have errors, Rundll errors Redirect, Malwarebytes Google been popping up on start-up the errors report that wespgr dll and ujavozer dll are Google Redirect, Rundll errors, Malwarebytes errors both missing I m also getting the following error whenever I exit MBAM quot The instruction at quot x b quot referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be quot read quot Click on OK to terminate the program quot In addition I m getting a failure to initialize error when I start up the Sims Launcher which from what I ve found is usually caused by a registry issue The first DDS log is below and I ve attached the Attach txt DDS log and GMER ark txt log as well DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Sam at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Enabled Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files NetRatingsNetSight NetSight NielsenOnline exe C Program Files NetRatingsNetSight NetSight NielsenOnline exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro dpupdchk exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Sam Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe F xampp apache bin apache exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe F xampp mysql bin mysqld exe F xampp apache bin apache exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Sam Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks Winamp Search Class bca fa- dbb- a -b - c f b - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dll mURLSearchHooks Winamp Search Class bca fa- dbb- a -b - c f b - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader cee ec- - bc- b - ddc ab c - c program files winamp toolbar winamptb dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Winamp Toolbar ebf ba - - c a- b-bb f d de - c pr... Read more

A:Google Redirect, Rundll errors, Malwarebytes errors

Hello 00Samm, Welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is fireman4it and I will be helping you with your Malware problem.

Please take note of some guidelines for this fix:
Refrain from making any changes to your computer including installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, and running scanners or tools.
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing.
Even if things appear to be better, it might not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions and reply back until I give you the "all clean".
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply, unless they do not fit into the post.1.Spybot S&D or Ad-Aware are no longer recommendedmvps.org is no longer recommending Spybot S&D or Ad-Aware due to poor testing results. See here - (scroll down and read under Freeware Antispyware Products)
Further, most people don't understand Spybot's TeaTimer or how to use it and that feature can cause more problems than it's worth. TeaTimer monitors changes to certain critical keys in Windows registry but does not indicate if the change is normal or a modification made by a malware infection. The user must have an understanding of the registry and how TeaTimer works in order to make informed decisions to allow or deny the detected changes. Additionally, TeaTimer may conflict with other security tools which do a much better job of protecting your computer and even prevent disinfection of malware by those tools.
More effective alternatives are Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware Free.2.Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4
Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how. Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator) A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed. If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply3.Install Recovery Console and Run ComboFixThis tool is not a toy. If used the wrong way you could trash your computer. Please use only under direction of a Helper. If you decide to do so anyway, please do not blame me or ComboFix.Download Combofix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2 Close/disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page if you are not sure how.Close any open windows, including this one.Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Note:The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369680/google-redirect-rundll-errors-malwarebytes-errors/
Relevancy 33.11%

I was trying to troubleshoot two errors in Event Viewer and know they were caused by Easy CD Creator 5 so I uninstalled it and then my DVD players would not work. cdralw2k.sys and cdr4_2k.sys were the cause of the errors and were incompatible with Windows 7. Did a system restore to get the DVDs working again, but I know all this did is put the two files back in play. I know how to uninstall Easy CD Creator 5 to get rid of the files causing the errors, but how do I get my DVDs working again? The hardware drivers do not start due to the driver cdrom.sys giving an error in Event Viewer.

A:Easy CD Creator 5 errors, removed now CDROM errors

PxHlpa64.sys. Most common cause of a cdrom.sys error, and very widely used by Roxio. In my best guess it is still present there, and it usually remains even after uninstalling Roxio products.

Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and\or C:\Windows\syswow64\drivers. If PxHlpa64.sys is present there, delete it.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276825-easy-cd-creator-5-errors-removed-now-cdrom-errors.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi my name is Peter errors, errors BSOD time. different 10: Constant HELP!!!! each Windows I am new to this so please excuse any mistakes in posting this I might make I have very recently built myself a new pc to game on Once I put the system together and installed windows almost immediately I got BSOD with a random error message Every time I turn on the computer at some point within at most min I will get the BSOD with a diff error message Sometimes I will get it as soon as the pc turns on and other times it will boot seemingly normally and I will use it for short period of time before getting the Windows 10: Constant BSOD errors, different errors each time. HELP!!!! BSOD with a different error message The pc is unusable in its current state and I am loosing it trying to figure out what to do PS The first time I installed windows i Windows 10: Constant BSOD errors, different errors each time. HELP!!!! used a boot usb that my friend made me and when I gave it back I made my own from microsofts website to see if the boot device was the problem but even when i reinstalled windows the same problem happened I have also tried using different hard drives both regular not ssd which did not solve anything Errors Memory management System thread exception not handled irql not less or equal kernel security check failed page fault in non page area etc PSS Iv posted all of my components in my profile Please someone HELP

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52714-windows-10-constant-bsod-errors-different-errors-each-time-help.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi The family computer is playing up and Image This Errors/Application Log Bad Errors/HiJack Loading to the best of my knowledge the computer in question just simply suddenly stopped working as it should I am unable to get the default welcome screen upon start up and am getting the logon box where you type in a username and passworld I know how to get rid of this user accounts gt enable welcome screen - but it will not solve the problem This is just the start of the problems I get a whole host of errors which popup one after another This is a summary of the errors which popup userinit exe bad image hpztsb exe bad image psdiagnostic exe bad image vscplay exe bad image ituneshelper exe bad image zlclient exe bad image wcescomm exe bad image Once these errors pop up the desktop picture appears but no icons start menu are available I have to ctrl alt delete then run a command such as control or winword then I get Bad Image Errors/Application Loading Errors/HiJack This Log the icons and the start menu However most programs cannot run at all for example I cannot run Spybot I get the error SpybotSD exe - bad image The Application of DLL C WINDOWS system winspool drv is not a valid windows image Please check this against your installation diskette Basically I cannot tell if this is a spyware adware virus HDD failure problem I can however run AVG antivirus and it finds no problems Does anyone know how I can get the computer working again Thanks for any help in advance A Hijack This Log is as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Apps ActivBoard nhksrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Apps ActivBoard MMKeybd exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Apps ActivBoard TrayMon exe C Apps ActivBoard OSD exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Craig Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run ACTIVBOARD C Apps ActivBoard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe ST... Read more

Relevancy 33.11%

Hi there i've had this problem since i first install windows i ignored it and its really bugging me now since i need to open boot screen to turn on the system Everytime i tried to turn it on it turns into a Errors Errors to Screen, unable (Black srttrail.txt, after black screen with only my pointer showing I've tried following existing 'solutions' by googling it I've done the scannow and it shows that theres nothing wrong i Errors after Errors (Black Screen, srttrail.txt, unable to tried to diagnose with the repair thing and it leads me to my next problem it says i got the srt srttrail txt problems and i cant automatically fix it after another round of google and 'solutions' i tried to do a refresh yet i Errors after Errors (Black Screen, srttrail.txt, unable to cant since my computer keeps saying that the media inserted is not valid is there any other way for me to fix this problem without going to the store which i doubt will help or start a fresh install i really dont want to lose all of my files and i dont want to go to the torture of installing windows again i had lots of rare problems installing it too Oh and some additional problems everytime i tried to do a WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab it tells me that Problems installing recent updates is Not Fixed all the time and Check for missing or corrupt files is detected but nothing is done

A:Errors after Errors (Black Screen, srttrail.txt, unable to

Have you tried the dism command in administrator command prompt ?

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

I assume you have access to a command prompt since you said you ran sfc /scannow.

If so & you have restore points made you could try typing in rstrui.exe to get system restore to pop up & restore to a point before the present issue started.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39591-errors-after-errors-black-screen-srttrail-txt-unable.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey internet explorer keeps on loading with errors on Explorer script toolbars, mystery Errors, errors page I keep getting script errors When I close that I get a blue tool bar on the bottom of my screen that is ontop Explorer Errors, mystery toolbars, script errors of everything It won't close when I hit quot show desktop quot Make money Music Casino Dating Travel Careers Search Investing Travel Mortgage Credit Cmptrs Insurance Then beside insurance drop list is a search field with a green box and a white arrow in it Bised Explorer Errors, mystery toolbars, script errors the arrow it says Go Then in the upper right corner there is a little red box with a white X on it If a picture will help I will take one and send it to you Any help would be awsome Tom I've tried adware se norton spybot trendmicro and add remove programs I'm on XP pro Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes E WINDOWS System smss exe E WINDOWS system winlogon exe E WINDOWS system services exe E WINDOWS system lsass exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe E Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe E WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE E Programs Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe E Programs Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE E Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe E WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe E Programs Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe E WINDOWS Explorer EXE E Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe E Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe E Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe E Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe E WINDOWS System devldr exe e progra intern iexplore exe E Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe e progra intern iexplore exe E Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE E Documents and Settings Tom Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hjt zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www zzxzoyatjhno net HpV zBfd K GaQaFWOn jpg R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - E PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - E Programs Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - EB B B - E -B D-C - B FF - E DOCUME Tom APPLIC WINISO benddate exe O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - E WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - E Programs Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot E Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check E Programs NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot E Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt E Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run MessengerPlus quot E Program Files Messenger Plus MsgPlus exe quot O - HKLM Run InfoLongDumbHide E Documents and Settings All Users Application Data RDR THUNK INFO LONG MailElse exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched E Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKCU Run title style E DOCUME Tom APPLIC ANTISL Platform tray exe O - HKCU Run Spyware Begone c freescan freescan exe -FastScan O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - no file O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - no file O - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - E Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - E Program Files Yahoo Messenger yhexbmes d... Read more

A:Explorer Errors, mystery toolbars, script errors

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that Display the contents of System Folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it's clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

The Temp folders should be cleaned out periodically as installation programs and hijack programs leave a lot of junk there. Download Index.dat Suite to clean out all the temp folders. Do not run it yet.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up).

Uninstall the following via the Add/Remove Panel (Start->(Settings)->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs) if they exist:

Messenger Plus! 3 <<<contains adware and is highly recommended for removal
Freescan (Spyware Begone)

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.zzxzoyatjhno.net/HpV/zBf... K9GaQaFWOn.jpg
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EB0B47B7-31E0-B82D-C076-79592866B7FF} - E:\DOCUME~1\Tom\APPLIC~1\WINISO~1\benddate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "E:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InfoLongDumbHide] E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\RDR THUNK INFO LONG\MailElse.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] E:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [title style] E:\DOCUME~1\Tom\APPLIC~1\ANTISL~1\Platform tray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Begone] c:\freescan\freescan.exe -FastScan
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

E:\DOCUME~1\Tom\APPLIC~1\WINISO~1\benddate.exe
E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\RDR THUNK INFO LONG\
E:\DOCUME~1\Tom\APPLIC~1\ANTISL~1\Platform tray.exe

Run Index.dat Suite now and go to Tools->Settings. Then make sure to check the following: Cookies, History, Recent Documents, Swap File (if you have Windows 95/98), Temporary Internet Files and Temp Files. Click Save at the bottom. Then click on the Find button. Let it search. Then click on the second button on the top. This will generate a batch file. Click Next->Next->Next and it will tell you that after the next reboot/restart you the file should run by itself and startup and clean all those files.

Reboot into Normal Mode and post a new HijackThis log file so we can make sure it's clean.

When completed, you MUST make sure to update Windows and Internet Explorer at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com. Your XP and IE are missing some critical security patches to help your spyware proble... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/explorer-errors-mystery-toolbars-script-errors-20851.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey prepare for a big post So first of I will begin with the previous issue I had and story that went along with it to give you some background info I was away for all of December in Japan and when I come back home to my .NET of framework) Errors Other and Driver (GPU, Errors. System Chain computer working at the moment it was having some issues with the RAM ie not reading all of it so I decided to mess Chain of Driver Errors (GPU, .NET framework) and Other System Errors. around with it a bit Chain of Driver Errors (GPU, .NET framework) and Other System Errors. and try and reconnect it Then I try to restart my computer but nothing happened After working through all the hardware figured out it was a Chain of Driver Errors (GPU, .NET framework) and Other System Errors. dead motherboard ASrock extreme So I sent it away to have it repaired replaced as it was still under warranty A month and a half later I get back the supposedly working replacement motherboard which when I tried to boot didn t work again and turned out to be dead again got the local service store to check to be sure weeks later and odd bucks later postage service fees etc I got fed up and tired of all the messing around that talking with retailer also I start university in a few days brought about so I just went out and bought another motherboard ASUS M A R and installed everything and it booted fine to windows and was super fun happy times Now onto to the problems that ensued and that I am currently trying to fix There is a few so I will list them in order of their apparent appearance to me Open up firefox for some quick browsing and to get the latest graphics driver but when I try to download it the error of quot X TempFiles User could not be saved because an unknown error occurred Try saving to a different location quot For which I tried changing the location of the downloads changing it back clearing the cache temp cookies etc with ccleaner clearing entire temp folder in C Users username AppData Local but to no avail I have yet to uninstall and reinstall yet but will do soon however I also have google chrome which works fine but I would like to fix this problem rather than just changing browsers So as google chrome works I downloaded the lastest GPU graphics also making sure to remove the catalyst control centre and all video drivers through control panel and registry cleaner of ccleaner btw my GPU HD Twin Frozr III PE OC and tried to install it fails to fully install and comes up with this error half way through installation quot Application Install install package failure quot So as that didn t work I thought it might have something to do with the many windows updates I need to install Of which most of them installed successfully however NET Framework updates seem to always have an error occur and fail to install successfully So I tried the solutions on this page NET Framework update installation error quot x quot or quot x quot but to no avail It just comes up with error code in windows updater Those are the three main issues I have ran into at the moment but there is other random problems that have popped up like -itunes randomly just stopped working when it was working perfectly fine a few hours ago -cannot schedule to run a error checking of the disk through computer-properties-tools-error checking -Cannot run windows troubleshooting wizard So this is the conundrum I am in at the moment I know that reinstalling windows and formatting the hard drive is an option but I kinda only want that to be a last option as I really don t want to have to install all the programs and things I already have on my hard drive Aside from this problems and other ones that might pop up the system seems to be working relatively fine ie browsing the web and using most of the installed programs is fine Other steps I have tried for the various problems include turning on off antivirus and firewall running scans on antivirus yelling at my cat I think the issue either lays in the N... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/chain-of-driver-errors-gpu-net-framework-and-other-system-errors.1119950/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi About weeks ago my laptop suddenly froze and a blue screen appeared with a quot non errors data/stack errors, Kernel disk kernel data error quot message Since then every time I turn my laptop on it comes up with a black screen saying quot non disk or disk drive error quot If I turn it off and leave it for about an hour it comes on normally Kernel data/stack errors, non disk errors and stays on for about half an hour until it freezes and I get the blue screen again And so this carries on Sometimes the error message I get on the Kernel data/stack errors, non disk errors blue screen is a quot kernel stack error quot I am by no means clued up when it comes to computers and so please forgive me if I m explaining things in a very basic way Sometimes at the bottom of the blue screen it says quot atapi sys quot followed by lots of numbers and letters Sometimes it says quot win k sys quot It s also come up with quot c a quot and quot unknown hard drive error quot I don t have any installation cd Is there anything I can do or is my laptop gone Any help would be greatly appreciated Please note like I said I m not clued up so please explain anything in an easy to understand way Thanks nbsp

A:Kernel data/stack errors, non disk errors

In my experience, the "win32k.sys." is a fairly common blue screen event. It's probably associated with something, a program or an update, that was installed on your laptop that altered Windows in an unacceptable way. If you aren't crazy about the idea of a new PC, you could obtain/purchase an installation disk for the OS, which is very cool to have anyway, and then run a Windows Repair.

Just would need to know the OS you are using to direct you to instructions for the repair. It's a very viable option that doesn't remove any of your files or settings. In XP it will remove Windows updates, but those can be easily re-installed...

I have had this problem before and encountered it numerous times. The repair option is great, but on the off chance it does not fix the problem, you are likely looking at a bad HD. Still, running the repair could fix the problem, giving you the ability to test your HD as a precaution with software from the HD manufacturer...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kernel-data-stack-errors-non-disk-errors.1083961/
Relevancy 33.11%

Last night I had my PC Socket Errors, Solved: Connection Errors. Problems DNS XP Home running just fine until I turned on my laptop XP Pro and it made my PC reboot This isn t the first time that it has rebooted when my laptop turns on I think it started doing this when I networked my computers When the PC rebooted it started popping up a bunch Solved: DNS Errors, Socket Errors. Connection Problems of firewall messages asking me if I wanted to unblock programs from connecting to the internet All the programs were ones Solved: DNS Errors, Socket Errors. Connection Problems that have always been allowed The firewall must have reset somehow My anti-virus program told me that it couldn t connect to the internet which has also happened a few times before When I opened Internet Explorer it went to Solved: DNS Errors, Socket Errors. Connection Problems the quot The page cannot be displayed quot page in the address bar it had quot res shdococlc dll DNSERROR HTM http www google com I cannot connect to any websites unless I use their IP address I have no trouble connecting to the router and none of the settings have changed there My other computers have no trouble connecting to the internet through the router either The network shares on both computers still work I have tried running the quot Network Diagnostics for Windows XP quot and it told me I had a problem with the Winsock provider catalog and I let it reset the catalog to the default configuration It didn t help the problem any I tried using WinSock Fix and it didn t help any either I also tried using System Restore to see if what ever was changed could be reversed After that I was able to open up Internet Explorer and it would go to Google without a problem but no other programs would be able to connect to the internet Outlook Express pops up with an error message saying quot The host could not be found quot and quot Protocol POP Port Secure SSL No Socket Error Error Number x CC D quot From Command Prompt I have tried releasing the IP and renewing it and also flushing the DNS and re-registering it I have tried changing the TCP IP properties to use the DNS server that my router lists for WAN and I have also tried using but it still doesn t change anything Does anybody know what is causing the problem or how I might go about fixing it Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Help Please! I am going crazy!!! I have been spending like 15 hours straight trying to figure out what is causing all these errors when I download anything I tried tech support for dell but they dont seem to be helping I downloaded the windows programs so many times. I am going freaking crazy!!!! I keep getting This is not a valid win32 application. This file is corrupted errors and error 10004 all kinds of diffrent errors. I cant download any anti virus program or anything else please help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-please-with-win-32-errors-corrupt-files-10004-errors-cant-download-anything-286105.html