Windows Support Forum

Update a dual boot Windows 7 32bit to Windows 10 64bit

Q: Update a dual boot Windows 7 32bit to Windows 10 64bit

Hello,
I am currently using a dual boot PC with Windows7 ultimate(32bit) running along with Ubuntu 12.04.
I am planning to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 keeping the dual boot.
I also want to clean install windows 10 after the upgrade to switch it to 64Bit as I am planning to increase my RAM to 8GB.
Will I need to reinstall Ubuntu after clean installing windows 10 64bit?(I heard the windows boot-loader ignores Ubuntu after clean install).
And the main problem is if i can do clean install Windows10 without formatting my other drives except "Local disk:C" because I have a lot of files on them.
Can anyone give me a step by step guide for clean installing by formatting my current "C" drive only please...
I want to keep my files on other partitions safe...

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Update a dual boot Windows 7 32bit to Windows 10 64bit

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Update a dual boot Windows 7 32bit to Windows 10 64bit

Be careful - clean installing Windows 10 will probably break the dual boot mechanism as it does not recognise Linux.

General advice is to start with a fresh drive, install Windows 10, then linux.

It can be done the other way, but no expert, especially as you already have Windows 7.

You should make a full image backup of your drives eg using Macrium Reflect Free which will backup Linux partitions as well.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39103-update-dual-boot-windows-7-32bit-windows-10-64bit.html
Relevancy 92.07%

Hello,
I am currently using a dual boot PC with Windows7 ultimate(32bit) running along with Ubuntu 12.04.
I am planning to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 keeping the dual boot.
I also want to clean install windows 10 after the upgrade to switch it to 64Bit as I am planning to increase my RAM to 8GB.
Will I need to reinstall Ubuntu after clean installing windows 10 64bit?(I heard the windows boot-loader ignores Ubuntu after clean install).
And the main problem is if i can do clean install Windows10 without formatting my other drives except "Local disk:C" because I have a lot of files on them.
Can anyone give me a step by step guide for clean installing by formatting my current "C" drive only please...
I want to keep my files on other partitions safe...

A:Update a dual boot Windows 7 32bit to Windows 10 64bit

Be careful - clean installing Windows 10 will probably break the dual boot mechanism as it does not recognise Linux.

General advice is to start with a fresh drive, install Windows 10, then linux.

It can be done the other way, but no expert, especially as you already have Windows 7.

You should make a full image backup of your drives eg using Macrium Reflect Free which will backup Linux partitions as well.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39103-update-dual-boot-windows-7-32bit-windows-10-64bit.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hello I have another laptop and its a HP s I originally installed Windows professional bit But I have swapped the ram into my Lenovo ThinkPad So the HP now has Windows Windows 64bit 7 and Vista 32bit dual BSOD when booting GB I created a new partition and BSOD when dual booting Windows Vista 32bit and Windows 7 64bit installed Vista Business bit on it When I started the install windows exe program in Windows everything went well until it rebooted When I rebooted windows said something like Windows Boot manager The system cannot boot because of a recent change to files hardware Something like that Insert your windows disk So I just rebooted my laptop with the vista disk inside and installed After when everything was working I wanted to go to the Windows partition to un-install programs and copy some files over BSOD when dual booting Windows Vista 32bit and Windows 7 64bit to the vista partition the laptop just booted into vista I downloaded the easy BCD editior and visual BCD editor in the vista partition I clicked the auto fix in visual BCD editor It detected my windows installations At BSOD when dual booting Windows Vista 32bit and Windows 7 64bit the boot screen I can select either Windows or Vista But when I select the same error message appears Then I rebooted my laptop with a USB containing the Windows bit recovery tools After I don't have the message again But when it goes to the starting windows animation it stops halfway and it gets a BSOD I tried debugging mode it worked I found out that the larger partition Windows is the C drive But when I boot into the smaller partition Windows Vista the drive is also C So I don't know what I could do How could I fix this I insert the windows disk and repaired my installation it just boots into windows But when I insert the Vista disk and repaired my installation it just boots into Vista What could I do Thanks Fighter Pilot P S Sorry for long post

A:BSOD when dual booting Windows Vista 32bit and Windows 7 64bit

Is Vista Business a full retail version?
Is Windows 7 professional x64 a full retail version?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237074-bsod-when-dual-booting-windows-vista-32bit-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 95.03%

G'day Gents,
I have Win7 Home Premium 64 bit upgrade currently installed on my pc, but I am having wireless internet installation problems. TP-Link WN851N adapter (No Win 7 drivers availabe, but it works fine with Linux Ubuntu 9.14).

My ethernet connection works fine.

So as a process of elimination (I am on holidays and heve to much spare time lol) I want to install Win 7 32bit in dual boot with Win 7 64 bit.
Can it be done?

Thanks

Relevancy 95.03%

Hey guys I am trying to dual boot 7 64bit and xp 32bit I have 7 up and running on a 90gb ssd and I have two 500gb WD drives in RAID 0 where I am wanting to create a 60gb partition to run xp. I have setup my raid array in bios but for some reason the boot option is grayed out. I installed xp anyway and got it to boot but as soon as I start loading drivers or updates then it crashes mother board is a xfx750i.
Thanks
Paul

A:trying to dual boot 7 64bit and xp 32bit

We see a lot of problems with Win7 install to RAID, especially with Dual Boot. You wil get no performance gain with RAID that isn't realized by the SSD for Win7, and with built-in Drive Imaging RAID's iffy redundancy is redundant.

Better to un-RAID and Install Win7 to SSD, place User folders on HD if necessary: User Folders - Change Default Location

XP is nearly XPired, so try migrating your XP programs over to WIn7, installing if necessary in Compatibility Mode or virtualizing XP using XP Mode built into Ultimate, Virtual Box, or Virtual Player.

If you need to keep XP and it is tied up in the RAID, try copying it to a partition on the HD using free Partition Wizard bootable CD, then add it to a Win7 Dual Boot using EasyBCD 2.0.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/130255-trying-dual-boot-7-64bit-xp-32bit.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Im sure this question has been asked before but i couldn't the thread.

Basically i would like to know how to have a dual boot on my PC, where when i start up my PC it automatically starts up the 64bit version of W7 but if i choose i can easily change to the 32bit without a hassle.

2nd Question, if i make a dual boot PC i would have to split my HDD im guessing. If i would split up my HDD and save something while using the 32bit version how would i get the saved file over to the 64bit version? Do i have to use a USB or can i drag it into the 64bit part of the HDD?

Thanks in advance.

A:Dual Boot on W7 64bit & 32bit

Hi, TheSwiift.

Yes, you can create a system with both 32-bit Windows 7 and a 64-bit version! You'll need to burn an ISO file of the 32-bit version and install it onto your system to be able to access it, however. I can give you instructions on how to do this if you'd like.

To answer your second question, when you create the 32-bit operating system, you'll have to partition your hard drive. This means, you'll be virtually splitting your hard drive into parts: one for the 32-bit OS and one for the 64-bit OS. And yes, you can easily access files from one operating system through the other.

Thanks,
Harvey Meale

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/98084-dual-boot-w7-64bit-32bit.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Is it possible to have dual (or triple) bootup with a 32bit Win 7 on one side and a 64bit Win 7 on the other?

I have dual boot with XP and 32bit Win 7 but will be upgrading to 64bit.

Many thanks in advance...
Peter

A:32bit 64bit dual boot up

Yes you can have triple boot without any problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/113155-32bit-64bit-dual-boot-up.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Never really tried dual booting before except a try with Ubuntu and Xp. I would like to try Win7 32bit and win7 64 bit. I have 32bit currently installed on my boot drive formatted as a single partition. I have a second drive with a clean and formatted empty partition that I could install 64 bit to. Will this work? ALso is there anything that I will need such as a bootloader to make it dual boot? Any help would be appreciated. The hardware I have will support 64bit.

Relevancy 94.17%

I'm not looking for detailed instructions. I'm just wanting to know if it's possible to dual boot these two systems.

I use VPN-1 SecureClient to connect to my workplace and I hear that it doesn't play well with 64bit Win7. So I'm wanting to do all my non-work applications with Win7. And then when I need to do work, I'll just reboot under XP.

A:Dual boot--XP (32bit) & Win7(64bit)?

yes it is possible,i was wondering that myself and i tried it and it worked normally.there is no need to worry

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/32972-dual-boot-xp-32bit-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Ok this has been dealt with in various places but not to my total satisfaction So bear with me if the answer is hidden somewhere in the forum I've got an oem asus with hdds the first of which has Win home pre-installed via uefi boot manager It is a gpt formatted disk The second disk is empty and is set up with mbr I wish to dual boot onto the second disk with Win Pro but fear a rejection due to the fact appparenly Uefi will not manage bit installs boots More to the point will the mbr variance on the nd disk somehow make for an exception to this bit 'prejudice' on the part of uefi or simply make matters worse My bios has a single option regarding a legacy setting connected with uefi which is disabled PxO or rather Gregrocker seems to think obviating the problem with physically separate installs i e Hdd under Boot Uefi 7 32bit and Dual 64bit disconnect will allow a Bios based boot as opposed to a Uefi Windows managed one Is this workaround a sure thing and my only option or is Dual Boot 7 32bit and 64bit under Uefi there a practical way to go the classic route with the auto boot loader screen on start up Perhaps a better way to put it is on dual boot systems is it true that you can't have BOTH uefi and the bios directing the show You gotta choose one or the other Frankly to my novice mind this whole problem seems to be a regression from the XP days Anyway a definitive answer from you all would be more than welcome Thanks loads

A:Dual Boot 7 32bit and 64bit under Uefi

Quote: Originally Posted by sadiesan

Gregrocker seems to think obviating the problem with 2 physically separate installs (i.e. Hdd disconnect) will allow a Bios based boot as opposed to a Uefi/Windows managed one. Is this workaround a sure thing and my only option

Can you post a link to Gregrocker post.

Why would need to install x32?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/272572-dual-boot-7-32bit-64bit-under-uefi.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi, everyone im new to forums and this is my first computer build. Im thinking I might regret. I was told its better to build ur own, so I did and nothing but problems! I had vista 64 / xp 32 bit bit and was having nothing but problems trying to get my video cards to work right! So someone told me to get Win7 and Ill have no problems. Wrong!!!!!!!
My problem now is that when I turn on the computer it doesn't give me the option to chose which operating system it just loads into Win7. Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? When I hit the (my computer) option it sees Xp as the D drive. When I loaded Win7 I just threw the disc in and followed the directions. I didn't reformat anything cause the disc does it for u. Please can I get some help!

A:Dual Boot Problem with Win7 64bit/XP 32bit

Also booth operating systems r on the same drive!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30850-dual-boot-problem-win7-64bit-xp-32bit.html
Relevancy 92.88%

ok so I had Windows 7 x64 installed on my PC first. It ran great, and I was very impressed.

So the other day I decided to partition my drive and install Win7 32bit as well. The installation went smoothly and 32bit worked just fine.

BUT ever since I installed 32bit my 64bit has slowed down DRASTICALLY! It takes nearly an hour to boot and everything runs slow in it. What is weird is that my processor and RAM are not under heavy load. My RAM (6GB) stays at about 15% and my processors 8 cores (intel core i7) do not go over 5% of load. But everything goes EXTREMELY slow. I tried System Restore and other repair tools on the install disc, but to no avail.

Please help, I don't want to have to format and install again.
thank you

A:Window7 32bit and 64bit dual boot problem!

Maybe you have lots of crap on registry and other things.

Why don't you clean it and see if that helps. I remember that when I upgraded from B.7057 to 7100, to enter the log in screen it tooked my computer around 3mins, then I just defrag the disk using Auslogic Disk Defrag and used Ccleaner to erase all the **** it had stored in the registry, believe me, after that it was a new machine.

See if that helps,

Dell XPS M1530
Core 2 Duo 2.4
Nvidia Ge4ce 8600GS.
2GB of RAM

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/15806-window7-32bit-64bit-dual-boot-problem.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I have a 32bit windows 7 genuine but the 64bit is not included, can I download windows 7 64bit and do we have to use a different product key or not 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ca91d2d7-c912-44dd-b627-5ea0c2da2518/update-windows-7-genuine-32bit-to-64bit?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 91.59%

My PC come with vista64bit, may registered it ? by this way I get free Email support on windows & networking PCs in windows FROM MICROSOFT ? including setting up wireless and wired networks via ADSL MODEMS ?

I have dual boot PC [VISTA 32BIT & 64BIT]:
The below hardware does not function in 64bit but no problem at 32bit[drivers in device manager appear with a yellow icon-explanation mark] is needed drivers only ? I must register all products and after registration-success seek for drivers ? I must download drivers [since ethernet card/internet do not work in 64bit] from 32bit, save on HDD and after boot from 64bit, run them ? Is needed restart after each installation, or after all installation is ok ?

problems only in 64bit vista drivers

HP LCD L2208W PROBLEM: THE CLOCK APPEAR OVAL RATHER CIRCUS ETHERNET CARD DO NOT WORKwlan shows problem

A:I have dual boot PC [VISTA 32BIT & 64BIT]---problems only in 64bit vista drivers

Hi Ise,

Yes, it's recommended to restart your operating system after each driver installation.
Please remember to install drivers running them as administrator.

Hope I could help...

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/222860-i-have-dual-boot-pc-vista-32bit-64bit-problems-only-64bit-vista-drivers.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I have a Toshiba laptop with bit Windows pre-installed It only has GB ram so I'm not sure why they chose bit Windows unless it has something to with 32bit Win 7 and boot 8 preinstalled Windows Dual Microsoft's UEFI and Secure Boot requirements for Windows machines I have no Windows installation media because the laptop only came with a recovery partition I also have a retail copy of Windows -bit I'd like to install it as a dual boot option But here are the issues My BIOS is set with secure boot enabled and with the BIOS type as UEFI I cannot boot to the -bit Windows setup DVD unless I disable secure boot and change the BIOS type from UEFI to Dual boot preinstalled Windows 8 and Win 7 32bit CSM If I do this I can no longer boot to my pre-installed Windows OS I know I can install Windows without UEFI or Secure Boot enabled But like I said I don't have Windows installation media - only a recovery partition Is there a way for me to do this The best thing for me would be a way to create a Windows setup disk from my current Windows installation but I don't think that works with Windows Can I disable UEFI disable secure boot download a trial version of windows set up my dual boot with Windows and then use my current Windows product key to activate Windows Or is that asking too much Or can I maybe contact Toshiba and ask them for Windows setup media Or I am a just stuck with either Windows or Windows

A:Dual boot preinstalled Windows 8 and Win 7 32bit

Hi

As far as i know, what you are trying to do is not possible. Yes, Windows 8 won't boot if Secureboot is disabled and Windows 7 won't boot if it is enabled ! . Most probably Toshiba is not going to give you a clean install media, they might give you a recovery media set which restores the factory condition. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507311/dual-boot-preinstalled-windows-8-and-win-7-32bit/
Relevancy 86.43%

hey there!

My system has a single SATA 500gb hard drive. I have clean installed windows 8.1 on it.

Now I need Windows 7 on my system but I love Windows 8.1 also.

I want both windows 7 and windows 8.1

Can I dual boot windows 7 with Windows 8.1?

I dont want to remove old Windows 8.1

Is there a way to install Windows 7 on Windows 8.1 and dual boot both operating systems.

If yes, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 8.1 64bit and windows 7 64bit dual boot

Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows 7 or Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/314703-windows-8-1-64bit-windows-7-64bit-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have WIN 7 as main os.
I need to put XP on for a dual boot (have a program that I need to run in a 32 bit os).

How do I get the dual boot going? I have 15 gig free partition. 7 is already installed.
Do I just boot up with windows xp disc, and go from there?

A:How to set up a dual boot with XP, with Windows 7 64bit

See Method two here:

Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

Hope it helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/10284-how-set-up-dual-boot-xp-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello Forum!

Im new here. I browsed this forum for a bit and decided this is a good place to learn about new things and to get help with problems.

Well i have a problem.

I currently have a pc with Windows 7 64bit installed on it.
Now im tryin to install another Windows 7 64bit on a newly shrinked partition i created - The size is 103gb

When ever i try to install on the newly created parition i'm gettin this error:

"Setup was unable to use the existing system partition because it does not contain the required free space"

Im have lots of free space on the new partition..But i was told that my SYSTEM RESERVED 100mb is whats causing the problem because i only have 1mb free on this partition.

Im pretty much lost now..Could anyone here provide some advice on how to install
Another Windows 7 64bit on a newly created partition?

Many Thanks!

A:Setup Windows 7 64bit - Dual Boot

Quote: Originally Posted by phillizee

Hello Forum!

Im new here. I browsed this forum for a bit and decided this is a good place to learn about new things and to get help with problems.

Well i have a problem.

I currently have a pc with Windows 7 64bit installed on it.
Now im tryin to install another Windows 7 64bit on a newly shrinked partition i created - The size is 103gb

When ever i try to install on the newly created parition i'm gettin this error:

"Setup was unable to use the existing system partition because it does not contain the required free space"

Im have lots of free space on the new partition..But i was told that my SYSTEM RESERVED 100mb is whats causing the problem because i only have 1mb free on this partition.

Im pretty much lost now..Could anyone here provide some advice on how to install
Another Windows 7 64bit on a newly created partition?

Many Thanks!

You simply need to point the installer to the new empty partition. It is now trying to install in the 100 system partition with no success.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/126219-setup-windows-7-64bit-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Whats the score with dual booting with raid 0? I guess i install the older OS(xp 32bit) first with the 32bit xp driver and then install windows 7 64bit on a seperate partition with the 64bit driver. My real question is will this cause any kind of conflicts etc if using some of the drive partitions(1250gb drive numerous partitions) as communal drives. Is there anything i need to be wary of when running these two os at different "bits" within the same physical drives?

A:dual boot windows 7 64bit and xp32bit?

Hope you'll find your answer in here Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/30562-dual-boot-windows-7-64bit-xp32bit.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi folks I have searched through the various threads that deal with this a Boot second on 32bit Dual SSD and 64bit drive Win7 Win7 topic but have not seen anything that deals with this specifically I have a custom built computer I put together last Dual Boot Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit on a second SSD drive year I installed Win bit at the time because I didn't want to bite the bullet and reinstall everything That time has now arrived My computer has i Core GHz GB Ram TB HDD Win bit installed GB HDD I purchased an OEM DVD of Windows Home Premium bit and an Intel GB SSD drive I want to install the SSD drive on the computer and install Win bit OS as a DUAL BOOT This way I will be able to choose to migrate my applications Dual Boot Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit on a second SSD drive at my own pace As I install a bit version of my Photoshop CS for example I will delete it in the bit OS once I have all my settings brushes etc moved over Should I Install the SSD Dual Boot Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit on a second SSD drive and get it recognized by the BIOS and the bit OS Boot from the DVD of the bit OS and choose the SSD as the location of the installation Reboot the computer after installation complete and at that point I should get the dual boot screen The above is how I understand the process based on some tutorials I've seen for dual booting XP and Vista Does this work for Win and Win

A:Dual Boot Win7 32bit and Win7 64bit on a second SSD drive

Easy - install the SSD and disconnect all the HDDs. Then install Win7 on the SSD and make the SSD second in the boot sequence (first should be the CD/DVD reader). Then reconnect the HDDs.

When you want to boot from your 32bit system, temporarily change the boot sequence (usually via F12 at power-on).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/290814-dual-boot-win7-32bit-win7-64bit-second-ssd-drive.html
Relevancy 82.56%

1. I have Windows XP Sp3 (32bit)
2. I clean installed Windows 7 Professional (64bit) on a different partition for a dual boot.
3. Windows 7 installed nicely. I was on my new desktop.
4. Went to have coffee and chat with the neighbor
5. Came back and the new Windows 7 hung there, and my taskbar disappeared. Desktop with nothing on it.
6. Restarted my system, chose Windows 7 to load, got to the 'windows starting' with the nice colored logo. And then... Black screen and system hang. Tried again, same thing.
7. Reinstalled Windows 7. Got through untill the last part of installation, again got to the logo, and then black screen and system hang.

Now I can't finish installing.
My Xp Sp3 still boots and functions perfectly.

Any sugestions

A:Windows 7 64bit does not install on dual boot system

Probably some installation problems.... I have MacBook Pro and I run OSX Snow Leopard and Windows 7 64 bit without any problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32478-windows-7-64bit-does-not-install-dual-boot-system.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,
I have recently tried to install a 64 bit version of XP on my Dell Inspiron N5050.
It was running Win7 before and I needed XP for work.
I made the partition, and installed XP and now Windows 7 will not boot. I tried installing EasyBCD but since the drivers were not installed on the new OS, I can't connect to the internet at all.
I just need some help on possibly removing the XP partition and recovering with the win7 recovery partition so I can just run XP on a virtual console.
When I boot the computer it does not give me the option to use the recovery disk or boot windows 7 at all.
Let me know if you need any other information.
Thanks

A:Windows XP 64bit/Win7 dual boot failed

To repair Windows 7
Startup Repair
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

How to use Dell Recovery Partition,make Recovery Disks & how to order Recovery Disks.
Manuals | Dell US
RouteTo
Dell - Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/280405-windows-xp-64bit-win7-dual-boot-failed.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi people,

I have just taken delivery of a brand new fully loaded beast running Vista Home Premium 64bit. All is wonderful...except I have one critical piece of application software that wont run on a 64bit OS.

Fortunately I have Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit that was installed on my recently deceased laptop (originally the laptop came with XP). So in theory I have everything I need to set up a dual booting PC but I am unclear as how to do this.

Is there an idiots guide anywhere around for Vista 64 and Vista 32 dual boots? Seen plenty of XP and Vista suggestions but will the same process work?

Or are there better solutions to my problem?

Paul.

A:Dual Boot - Vista 64bit and Vista 32bit - How?

yes it is the same process, but in your case since it is already installed on both you will need a boot manager.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234887-dual-boot-vista-64bit-vista-32bit-how.html
Relevancy 82.56%

If I buy a 64bit PC MACHINE, X86 WINDOWS, CAN I :

Make 4 partitions, the below
VISTA 32BIT
VISTA 64BIT
Kubuntu 9.04 64bit full dvd version [when ready]
Kubuntu 9.04 32bit full dvd version [when ready] ????

A:64bit PC MACHINE, X86 WINDOWS,CAN I have 32bit & 64bit vista partitions

Yes, you should be able to do that, well that is if you know how to create a partiotion..

Amplid

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/215927-64bit-pc-machine-x86-windows-can-i-have-32bit-64bit-vista-partitions.html
Relevancy 82.13%

hi,
Perhaps i can get some right direction here. I got 2hd : win7 32 hd1, win 7 64bit. hd1 was my first hd so I am assuming dualboot information in hd1. and one gt440 nvidea card

there were few updates that came but i left the restart pending for later.

I saw after bios, my dualboot table no longer comes on screen, cursor reminds for few seconds and i get the black screen of death. no safe mode , win7 cd is also getting stuck after loading the windows files. so will try another cd tomorow. did some readings, issues would be 32,64bit dlls to nvidea drivers.

Is there any way i can start off with one of the OS and start a repair operation on the OS or boot information?????

A:Dual boot / update issue 32/64bit

Quote: Originally Posted by mitumix

hi,
Perhaps i can get some right direction here. I got 2hd : win7 32 hd1, win 7 64bit. hd1 was my first hd so I am assuming dualboot information in hd1. and one gt440 nvidea card

there were few updates that came but i left the restart pending for later.

I saw after bios, my dualboot table no longer comes on screen, cursor reminds for few seconds and i get the black screen of death. no safe mode , win7 cd is also getting stuck after loading the windows files. so will try another cd tomorow. did some readings, issues would be 32,64bit dlls to nvidea drivers.

Is there any way i can start off with one of the OS and start a repair operation on the OS or boot information?????

Mitumix Welcome to Sevenforums.

When all is said and done, I'm going to guess that you only want a working x64 Windows 7. Am I correct?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/187515-dual-boot-update-issue-32-64bit.html
Relevancy 79.12%

hi all, im new to the forums and indeed to vista as i just purchased vista home premium, my question is- i want to put a dual operating system with 32bit and 64bit(which i purchased from microsoft for ?7) both loaded fine but im unsure whether i need to purchase another full license for my 64bit version or does my license allow me to use both on one p.c when i try to activate the 64bit version it says this license it being used(by me i hope) , any help would be greatly appreciated

A:32bit 64bit dual system

Hi Ranger fc,

Welcome to the forum.

If you use the same product key for the 64 bit Vista as for the 32 bit, then yes you will need to buy a new license to use both of them at the same time. You can only use the product key for either or, not both at the same time.

Sorry,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/89731-32bit-64bit-dual-system.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Long story, but I need to do some testing of compatibility and bugs, and some bugs happen on 64bit and reportedly some bugs don't happen on 32bit, which is what I need to find out.

I was just wondering if it would be okay for me to dual-boot Windows 7 64bit and Windows 7 32bit, any specific tips when installing etc.

Thanks!

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi
I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 with Windows 7 32 bit Premium installed.
can someone instruct me how to now add 64bit Ultimate as a dual boot, I have just bought win7 ultimate.
Thanks for your time

A:Dual Booting 32bit and 64bit is it possible?

Hi and welcome to the forums.
Excuse me for my ignorance but why would you want or need the ability to dual boot the same OS with just 32/64 bit being the difference. Surely the disc space saved alone by installing only 1 version would be of more value and a lot less hassle ??
Soz I'm just curious

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/80106-dual-booting-32bit-64bit-possible.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Haven't found another thread covering this, so I apologize in advance if this question is elsewhere.

Last night I downloaded the 1/11 Windows Update patches for my 64 bit Home Premium OS. Left it alone overnight, and today I have no video.

Questions:
I'm running dual monitors (monitor + television) from the EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+. Could I have toasted the graphics card?

Power off and rebooting doesn't do anything. No beep. Can't get into safe mode or the BIOS. Is this a CMOS issue?

Won't run off boot disc either. What's going on? Any other routes to safe mode?

Thanks.
Brandon

A:No boot up and no video after 1/11 Windows Update 64bit

Hi & welcome,

First, How do you know it doesn't boot? Did you watch the HDD activity light & see if it goes throught the procees (Loads of flashing activity).

I would swap the graphics card for a known working one, then see if that boots & displays. If so, delete the hidden graphics card in device manager & then swap them back, to see what that has achieved.

If that achieves nothing (second card is good), I would then suggest the original card is fried.

If swapping the card also fails to? (Don't know why that would be).

Then I think you have toasted your motherboard but that seems un-believable & a little excessive for an update!

As a last thought, try swapping your power supply!

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/286815-no-boot-up-no-video-after-1-11-windows-update-64bit.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently got a game that only run in a bit system and my PC is running on Windows ultimate bit In order to run the game I want to make another partition and install bits windows ultimate From what I understand since my PC only has GB of RAM it run faster on a bit system So I am planning to dual boot bits and bits For general use I will just launch the bit windows then only use bit when I want to play game Before doing all of the things mentioned above system? 32bit booting and Dual 64bit I Dual booting 32bit and 64bit system? got a few questions Is this the quot best quot or most effective way trying to achieve what I want I only have one windows ultimate license so I am not sure if it is possible to dual boot this way Or it will automatically activate the license when I Dual booting 32bit and 64bit system? install bit version since I am using the same PC Is the steps below the correct procedure - Partition my hard-disk - Boot into windows iso from usb - Install windows in new partition - Done Assuming I am using steps mention in both system will be on the same hard-disk and PC only different partition Will I need to install driver again Appreciate your help thanks a lot

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/385716-dual-booting-32bit-64bit-system.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Is it possible to dual boot a 32bit and 64bit system on the same computer?

Relevancy 77.4%

Hello, i have a problem and hopefully somewhere out in the vast world there is an answer. i need to access files on my windows ultimate 32 bit desktop from my windows 7 home premium laptop wireless. both computers are connected to the internet through AT&T uverse router (if that matters at all) just not to each other. although im fairly familiar with windows, i have 0 clue on how to accomplish this feat so please instruct me from scratch. i know windows vista is incompatible with "homegroups" so i have to set up a network. i followed the 'network & sharing' guide for my folder but still no luck, can someone throw me a bone?

A:windows 7 (64bit) network w/ windows ultimate (32bit)

can anyone help me? is my question unclear?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50429-windows-7-64bit-network-w-windows-ultimate-32bit.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I am currently running windows 8 64bit OS. I have a windows 7 32bit .iso file. I want to install the windows 7 32 bit while keeping the windows 8 64bit too. Please help and suggestions of any kind are welcome.

A:Installing 32bit windows 7 on a current windows 8 64bit pc

You will need a product key. Do you have one? And, where would the 32-bit install be located?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/20220-installing-32bit-windows-7-current-windows-8-64bit-pc.html
Relevancy 76.54%

keI have a toshiba satellitle L505d-S5983 with a windows 7 32 bit OS and currently 3GB of Ram(MAX 8GB). I want to do a clea uninstall of the 32 bit and reninstall 64 bit. The OS was OEM so Toshiba is currently only offering a recovery disc ( I am waiting on a callback from escalations at Toshiba.)

I do not wish to use an ISO file. I can use the ei.cfg tool but is my key still only for a 32-bit?

Will I have to buy another key? This seems so stupid: I OWN windows 7. but i can only use one version when retail customers get 32 and 64 bit? This is really sad. Any knowledge and advice would be great.

If my product key only works with a 32 bit system, what do I do? This is ridiculous. Basically, Toshiba sold me a stripped software (pirated, incomplete) and they get away with it.

A:Windows 7 32bit to 64bit

You can`t use the tool to get 64 Bit if your recovery is only 32 Bit and why are you calling it pirated ?

You can use your key, but you are going to have to download the 64 bit installer. It`s perfectly legal.

And you don`t uninstall Windows 7 it just gets written over.

If I`m not correct about using the OEM key please set me straight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/183050-windows-7-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 76.54%

As far as I know I have a 32bit laptop in windows 7 I never got an indication that I'm on a 64bit machine. Here is a screenshot:Am I missing out on anything?

A:Windows 8 32bit on a 64bit

Your processor has 64-bit support, but runs 32-bit programs and OSes perfectly.

http://ark.intel.com/products/36681/Intel-Celeron-Processor-585-1M-Cache-2_16-GHz-667-MHz-FSB

So what your seeing is perfectly normal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475375/windows-8-32bit-on-a-64bit/
Relevancy 76.54%

I am posting this because I have windows xp 32bit and also have a hard drive with windows xp 64 bit but found out that there is alot that is not supported by 64bit. For example (Wireless Adapter, Service Pack 3). What are your guy's thoughts on each type of xp.

A:Windows XP 32bit VS. 64bit

Hi,

32-bit windows xp is supported/ has support for most hardware out on the market and is great for most computers, now 64 bit has many incompatibility's just because a machine has a 64 bit compatible processor does not mean all the hardware in the machine is/ has compatible drivers to make them work. The advantages of 64 bit are most noticeable or useful if you have a large amount of ram ie, 4gb or more of ram. Now since xp is getting up there in age say about 8 years old now, we have windows 7 which is in 32 bit and 64 bit which 64 bit support is growing and eventually all new computers will most likely have 64 bit on them. But in you case i would stay with 32 bit for now unless you plan on getting windows 7, if you do just make sure you check all you hardware on the machine to make sure it is compatible with 64 bit and has 64 bit drivers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302328/windows-xp-32bit-vs-64bit/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have 32bit 7 on my pc now but was thinking of putting 64bit on it and just wanted to now what 1 was better and what are some of the advantages and dissadvantages of them both?

A:What is better 32bit or 64bit windows 7?

differences in 32 bit 64 computing - Google Search

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/34421-what-better-32bit-64bit-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

If your computer came with 64bit is that the best option if you do a windows clean install? or can u pick and choose? I heard if u got 4 gigs u want to have 64bit?

also if u have a newer computer u can expect all drivers to work right?

says put a network driver on a flash drive just in case correct? Im just prepairing in case I decide to do this because of all the issues I have. I waiting find out if this would void warrenty for sure.

the computer has a issue just not sure if windows or not. Hope so that be easy fix :P

also if u got factory restore cds u don't need to back up the drive right? Just ur data? or is it worth it? feels weird backing up the drive when not working right. Btw already a recovery partion on the HD

A:windows 32bit or 64bit

other wise would be that bad to just factory restore using back up cds? I dunno clean install seems troublesome if windows error a factory reset do same thing right?

I miss days of running norton utilites and fix everything (back when mac was king lol)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/225763-windows-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi nbsp I have Thinkpad T i series with Windows Professional Bit version bought in USA I really need to convert the factory OS and recovery disk to bit I know the recovery disk would help here but being out of USA currently I am unable Pro Windows 64Bit to 7 32bit pro to get my hands on one nbsp I contacted online support in India but they said they do not support OS related issues and suggested to go to technical support center at some location They said they Windows 7 32bit Pro to 64Bit pro do not support OS related issues as well All I want a recovery DVD with following parts number T or T The customer service support in India is pretty useless and some even suggested to buy OS from Microsoft which is silly as I was looking for Recovery drive with drivers from Lenovo The advantage of recovery drive is it will convert or create the recovery drive and OS Windows 7 32bit Pro to 64Bit pro as it it like it came from factory nbsp Anyone from India anyone gone through same experience It would be great help if someone can suggest how can I get a recovery drive for Win Bit Professional T i -CTO model nbsp I wish lenovo would have extended it's recovery DVD orering site to all regions of the world nbsp Thanks VS

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Windows-7-32bit-Pro-to-64Bit-pro/td-p/3343192
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi, I currently want to try out 7 without my XP gone so I'm going for a dual boot. But I didn't know should I install 64bit 7 or 32 bit 7. I'm currently running on AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+, so 64 bit or 32 bit should I install?

By the way, is it x86=32bit and x64=64bit?

A:Windows 7 64bit & 32bit

x86= 32 and x64= 64 bit is correct, either will run on your system, check for printer and scanner. camera drivers you need if all the 64 bit drivers are available give the 64bit a try.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-64bit-and-32bit-410588.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Last year our local 'pc doctor' upgraded my Vista operating system with windows 7 64bit,because I was having big crash problems running video editing programs, but this 64bit version of windows causes problems with several bespoke programs eg Adobe who have not written drivers for 64bit operating systems. my question is can I load Windows 7 32bit operating system over the 64bit?

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,
So I got windows 7 Home Premium back in 2009, however I got the 32bit version, and right now im thinking I want to get the 64bit version. However the problem that I face is that I only have a 32bit disc as they did not send me a 64bit version and I got Windows 7 cheaper via the student deals...

Is there a place where I can download Windows 7 Home premium 64bit legit and for free, and will my 32bit key work on 64??

It's my understanding that the product key that came with your Home Premium 32-bit can also be used to activate Home Premium 64-bit. (One or the other, but not both at the same time.) It should not make any difference if the original Home Premium 32-bit was a retail version or an OEM/System Builder version*. Sometimes people experience problems activating online, but Microsoft has a telephone activation process that can get around that. Just explain you did a clean install from Home Premium 32-bit to Home Premium 64-bit.

Activate Windows 7 by Phone

You can get an official ISO of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit from Digital River (an official Microsoft download site.) Download the ISO and save it to your desktop. Then burn it to a DVD at no more than 4x speed. Many folks recommend using the free ImgBurn.

Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River ? My Digital Life

The Official ImgBurn Website

*NOTE: An OEM/System Builder operating system and its product key will always be tied to the original computer. You cannot legally move the OS or use the product key on a different machine the way you can with a retail version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/268296-windows-7-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 76.54%

my question is. should i go 32bit or 64bit of windows 7??

my specs are: its a hp pavilion notebook

intel pentium dual core 1.6 ghz (1.8 ghz)

4gb ddr2 ram

nvidia geforce 8400m gs 256 mb ddr2

so whats best for my pc. 32 bit or 64bit??. i want to my laptop to be optimal and fast as possible.

A:32bit or 64bit of windows??

Take a look at this thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...omparison.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/103818-32bit-64bit-windows.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I am planning to build a PC with AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ processor (2.30GHz, 1MB Cache). The programs that will be open: Photoshop CS3 or CS4 (depending on the choice made), iTunes, Firefox 4. I am unsure whether to set it up with: Win7 32bit and 2GIG RAM or Win7 64bit and 4GIG RAM Can anyone advise? Will there be a huge difference in general usage speed? Please give reasons. PLEASE NOTE : I have read the comparison sticky on here - I am after advise regarding day to day use. Just web and the occasional picture edit

A:64bit or 32bit? Windows 7?

2Gb is just about the minimum to run Win 7. I would think if you are going to make heavy use of Photoshop you will need more. That means that you really ought to go with x64. It will also give you the opportunity to upgrade to even more ram in the future.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/163544-64bit-32bit-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi, currently I'm running Windows 7 32bit and I want to switch to the 64bit since many people been using 64bit these days =)
So how do I do it?
I put the 64bit disc into my DVD drive?
I start up the CD from boot?
then I choose Custom Install?
then I choose the HD I want to install it on?
and then I click Advanced Setting?
then I click Format button?
then its all OK right?
are those the steps guy?
thx =)

A:Windows 7 32bit to 64bit possible?

Yes, that's correct to do a clean install.

Make sure you've backed up all your important files first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30848-windows-7-32bit-64bit-possible.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi can anyone tell me if it is possable to change from 32bit to 64bit I have a Dell 1545 inspiron with Intel(R) core(TM)2 Duo T6400 @ 2 Ghz and 3gig DDR and 320 gig HDD Running windows 7 32bit.
I have a disc for 64bit should it be possable to install it and use my same wndows 7 product key,will i have to do a full instilation or can i just do a upgrade
cheers GM

ummm, not 100% sure about this, but I think I saw another post.....where someone was wanting to go from Win7 64bit down to Win7 32 bit, and the reply was that BOTH come on the same disc and that all they had to do was reinstall Win7 and use the same key.....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-32bit-to-64bit-579270.html
Relevancy 76.54%

If you running a new labtop with gigs of ram which you may update some day Its a bit windows system and your doing a clean install of windows wouldn't it make sense to stick with bit windows all the drivers are in bit and someday I may upgrade it soon possibly all drivers are bit from toshiba there are no bit drivers I mean I don't do heavy video editing or anything but wouldn't it just make sense to stick with bit I don't like idea of having change operating systems a lot and im looking into using my computer for schooling 64bit or windows 32bit possibly conputer programing or online classe's I won't want to clean install again except maybe linux to play with if I get into that im just wondering what the pros and cons are of bit over bit I do only have gigs now and I will say computer isn't great at multi tasking my procesor gets a very low score one the assesment test So would bit kick it up a bit on processing or is that not what bit does Any web pages articles on this be great im in no rush just trying get as much info on this as possible Thanks

A:windows 32bit or 64bit

Here is a good thread explaining the differences and the cons and pros.
32 bit vs 64 bit Comparison
As you can see there isn't a reason to not use 64 bit unless you don't have a 64 bit capable processor and less then 3gb ram most processors since 2004 are 64 bit I believe

irbullet

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/226886-windows-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hey I wonder if anyone can help me I've searched exhaustively on this subject and haven't found a definate answer I have recently purchased a Samsung R PS UK laptop with Windows bit Home Premium 7 Windows to 32bit 64bit OEM OEM of course The processor is a Core Duo P - bit compliant The OEM Windows 7 32bit to 64bit computer came supplied with GB of RAM and has a GB dedicated video card Now my problem is obviously Windows can't address all this RAM about - GB is sitting hardware reserved for video memory giving me over GB for the graphics card to use - which is pointless it doesn't need that much OK so my question is how can I move to bit Windows without buying a full retail version The OEM key is only suitable for bit versions I called Samsung and asked Will using an upgrade package work in this case I am aware that it will be a custom install and as such will be a fresh install - this doesn't bother me as it is a new computer I have a copy of Windows Professional bit upgrade to hand that I can use if it is possible I obviously don't want to shell out for a full version just for bit I don't think that would be worth it If anyone has any clue on this I would be very grateful to hear from you as I really don't know how to proceed Thanks James

A:OEM Windows 7 32bit to 64bit

Welcome James, You might want to look at this tutorial,
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version
Hope that helps you out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/56433-oem-windows-7-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have an HP G - CL laptop with a Dual-Core T processor in it right windows 64bit 7-32bit to now I am currently running Windows - bit When I purchased the laptop it came with Vista -bit and I issued an upgrade to Windows windows 7-32bit to 64bit once it was released as a part of my purchase of the laptop I looked online at the specs of my processor and it says that my processor supports bit I downloaded the bit version of Windows online through my school at no charge since I'm a student and I want to uprade I have downloaded it and just am as lost as can be I don't know what to do from here The download is legitimate There are several programs I am allowed to download through my school and this is one I would love to take advantage of it I can Any help If you need any further information from me please don't hesitate to ask I'll supply everything I can Thanks so much for your time Michael

A:windows 7-32bit to 64bit

to go from 32x to 64x requires a clean install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-32bit-to-64bit-517918.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Can someone tell me the difference between the Windows 7 32bit and the 64bit?
Do most folks run 32?
Thanks,
Jack

A:Windows 7 32bit vs 64bit?

This link is for Vista, but holds true for Win 7. In short, if you have a 64-bit processor, then you should install the 64-bit OS.

A description of the differences between 32-bit versions of Windows Vista and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/211405-windows-7-32bit-vs-64bit.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm planning to install windows again since my hard drive died of vista and i'm wondering whether 32 bit or 64 bit would work better with my specs in terms of watching movies, playing games, extracting etc (or maybe 32 bit or 64 bit doesnt do that...)

I have a Gateway fx6800
Radeon ATI 4850
Intei i7 2.66 GHz processor
9 GB ram ddr3

A:windows xp 32bit or 64bit

Only a 64bit OS will take advantage of 9GB of RAM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/279623/windows-xp-32bit-or-64bit/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello all.
I bought a license key online for Windows 8.1 Pro from "Moon Box Software" and I'd like a bit of clarification. The product doesn't specify whether or not the key is for 64bit or 32bit, then again it doesn't specify it on the Windows 8.1 Pro install available through the official Microsoft Store.

So I'm wondering, will the key work on a 64bit install, which is what I'm intending to use? If not, I'll have to cancel my order. I'm guessing as I just bought the license key, I can install either 32bit or 64bit and the key will work for it. Whether or not that's right, I don't know. Might sound a bit of a noob asking it but I've never bought a copy of Windows this way - I bought XP, Vista and 7 from retail stores!

Thanks for any help.

A:32bit or 64bit Windows 8

Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: Keys are version specific but architecture independant.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64023-32bit-64bit-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

After i recently went through a series of mishaps and bad luck my HP ProBook 4520s had to have its hard drive replaced. During its repair process i had an extra 4gb ram put in so i now have a total of 8gb ram. Sadly only 2.98gb is usable.

now here is my problem: -my computer has Windows 7 pro 32bit pre installed
-my computer did not come with an installation disk for windows
-I would like to upgrade to 64bit with a clean re-install
-How can install windows 7 64bit without spending more money?

ps: I do have the serial for my computer's windows 7 (not sure if it only works on 32bit)
pss: I understand that this might be a common question but please let me know if you have any suggestions.

also yes my computer IS compatible with 64bit

A:Windows 7 pro 32bit to 64bit

your serial for pro 32 will work with pro 64. go to MS and download the iso file for windows 64 then install it using your current key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/230860-windows-7-pro-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello everyone I have downloaded the bit version of Windows RC and I am having trouble running the executable within Windows Vista Windows 32bit 7 RC Windows Vista & 64bit Business Edition bit The pop up error message says quot This version of the file is not compatible with the Windows it is being executed on According to your computer's system properties determine which version of the software you need x bit or x bit then contact the software developer quot Therefore I decided to run the executable before Windows started but when I insert its DVD into my first driver it did not read and proceeded as it was a normal Windows Vista start After I have decided to change boot device numbers and priorities via BIOS I noticed that one of my optical drivers which used to be on the list was not there What may have caused this and what is the remedy By the way I have managed to run the installation disk with the help of the other optical driver I can access all drivers via Windows interface without any problem Additionally I wonder if I should delete Windows Vista completely prior to installation to avoid any conflicts Because one is bit and the never one is bit Thanks in Windows Vista 32bit & Windows 7 RC 64bit advance for your contributions

A:Windows Vista 32bit & Windows 7 RC 64bit

You will have to do a clean install as you cannot upgrade from 32 to 64 bit. I also would recommend that you install in a dual boot. That way if something goes wrong with W7 (it is still in the testing phase) or something doesn't work for you in 7, you will still have Vista to fall back on.

Gary

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/227481-windows-vista-32bit-windows-7-rc-64bit.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello, I am wanting to upgrade my Toshiba Satellite L750/0T1 from Windows 7 Home premium 32bit to Windows 7 Home premium 64bit.

I understand that this process will wipe all my data, and I am wanting to do a clean install during this upgrade.

I have also checked that my laptop is compatible with 64bit.

First of, would I be able to upgrade using my existing Windows 7 Product Key?
Or would I have to buy a new Windows 7 Home premium 64bit OS with a new Product Key?

I bought my laptop from DSE a few years ago and was wondering if they would be able to make a deal of some sort that would save me from buying a new Windows 7 Home premium 64bit OS.

Would there also be anyway for me to keep a copy of the Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Disc?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated .

A:Upgrading from Windows 7 32bit to Windows 7 64bit

Your key will work for 64 bit, you don`t have to buy anything.

Do you have a 64 bit disc ?

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328960-upgrading-windows-7-32bit-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Okay currently im running windows 7 home premium 32 bit with 2GB of RAM. I just placed an order on ebay for 2 -1gb sticks so that i can upgrade to the full 4GB of ram that my motherboard supports.
From what i've read in order for my computer to recognize the full 4GB of ram i must upgrade to a 64bit OS if not my 32 bit will only recognize 3.2-3.7GB of ram.

My question is the following, Can i just upgrade to a 64bit OS or do i need to do a Clean installment.

I just don't have an external hard drive so i can't backup my "pictures,music etc " so just wondering if it's possible to just do an upgrade so i won't delete my files.

A:Upgrading windows 7 32bit to windows 7 64bit

Please post your full computer specifications inlcuding make and model of power supply.
If your system is oem i.e one you have bought from a shop such as a dell, hp or compaq please post the model number.
Posting your specs can help us to help you better.

You should be able to but you will probably have to perform a custom installation so you wont loose any files or anything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgrading-windows-7-32bit-to-windows-7-64bit-593181.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi Techguy
I wish to replace Windows 7 64bit with Windows XP sp3 32bit O/S on a desktop computer.
I believe this is possible.
Computer specs. :-
Motherboard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model: P5G41T-M LX2/GB
Processor Name: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
Memory Total Physical Memory: 4.0 Gb

Would you be kind enough to explain step by step the procedure for doing this, especially, completely removing Win7 from the hard disk and installing Windows XP.

Thanks
DWDave

Relevancy 76.11%

I plan on getting Windows bit upon its release However I am confused as to what license I will to Windows Vista Windows 8 64bit 32bit require I currently Windows Vista 32bit to Windows 8 64bit have a HP laptop pavilion dv ea running Windows Vista bit I will be upgrading the laptop HDD to a SSD and also hopefully upgrading to Windows bit My plan is to do the following install the new SSD re-install Windows Vista bit also have a question regarding this too see below upgrade from Vista bit to Windows bit via custom installation All my data will already be backed up due to the drive swap so losing any data is not a problem all I need to know is that it is possible to upgrade using an Upgrade license of Windows bit Or will I need a full OEM license of Windows and start from scratch Question regarding re-installing Windows vista As the laptop originally came with a GB HDD with a HP custom install of Windows Vista and I will be fitting a GB SSD I don t think I can use the original recovery disc as it will not be able to use the same drive partition settings something like gb for recovery Can I instead use a plain standard legal copy of the Vista installation disc and use the Windows license key from the bottom of the laptop Or will this flag as an invalid license key when validating Windows Thanks in advance for your replies if any further information is required I d be happy to try and provide that Andy nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi guys,

I have a few quick questions...

I have an HP Pavillion DV6500 laptop that came preinstalled with 32bit Vista.
Right now I am using Windows 7 Evaluation Copy Build 7100 32bit.

I'm wondering if there's any way to upgrade to 64bit windows 7 when the upgrade disc comes out in October or even now.

I don't mind having to reformat the hard drive.

Can I possibly reformat the hard drive now and install a fresh copy of windows 7 rc b4bit?

I tried talking to HP support about this, but they wouldn't give me a direct answer to any question.

They wouldn't even tell me if my laptop could support 64bit. (I did some research, and I think it can.)

Thanks in advance!

A:Upgrade from Windows 7 32bit RC1 to Windows 7 64bit

You have to reformat your hard drive and then do a clean install of 64-bit of windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/16470-upgrade-windows-7-32bit-rc1-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I am new to this forum and looking for some opinions I recently built a new desktop and installed Win bit and it was a walk in the park So now I am going to upgrade the wife's laptop It is a HP Pavilion zv us It has a Athlon at GHz with GB DDR PC Cl mhz memory I dual booted Win RC bit to test and had a few driver problems since HP won't support this unit for Win I was able to use some Vista drivers with a hack to get the sound working Only thing not working is the Fax Modem which I never use We use the laptop for E-Mail Web browsing and wife is addicted to quot Bejeweled quot which runs fine under Win I was thinking on 7 64bit or old Laptop 32bit Windows of installing Win bit and wondering if bit was worth the effort as far as bootup time and performance I was thinking bit Windows 7 64bit or 32bit on old Laptop might have better drivers and might even perform better All opinions welcome and thanks in advance Jim

A:Windows 7 64bit or 32bit on old Laptop

Hello Jim, Welcome!

I would strongly recommend using the 32 bit version. Besides having better driver compatibility, it uses less resources. It is misunderstood that 64-bit is faster. Long story!

The only reason to go x64 is if you have 4GB or more of RAM. 32-bit cannot address more than 4GB, but in practice, it will only address about 3.5GB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/49771-windows-7-64bit-32bit-old-laptop.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Dear all,
I just had a new laptop with Windows 7 (64bit) installed, most of my software that i was running on my old windows 7 (32bit) was managed, and now they are running very well on my new machine, but only one software (QQ Messenger), I've been using this messenger for like 3 years, n i canot imagine stop using it jst cuz of this (32-64) issue, anybody can show me a way to run it up, or if anybody knows any version of QQ that can work on 64bit....

thanx a lot

A:how to run windows 7 (32bit) software on (64bit)?

Download a fresh copy ... it should work.

QQ Messenger - Download

32 bit version softwares run well on 64 bit OS. Sometimes some old paid softwares are to run using compatibility mode. As QQ is a free one, better you try a recent copy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/200496-how-run-windows-7-32bit-software-64bit.html
Relevancy 75.68%

So today I got my computer working which I had re-built with completely new parts I started downloading some programs for example TeamSpeak I downloaded it as bit version because thats what my computer is it even says in the system information that it is After I got it installed I tried to open it but it didn't open it as 64bit help 7 Windows 32bit. Please acts just shows in the task manager processes for a while So after re-installing it once and finding out that it wouldn't work I installed the bit version which actually did work it was pretty weird but wouldn't really care for it so i just went with it Later this night I got a game installed Battlefield which did the same thing in x mode it wouldn't start So again I tried the x version which is bit obviously and it did start up This is so weird and I cannot seem to find a fix for this Would it have something Windows 7 64bit acts as 32bit. Please help to do with activation of windows as this is still unactivated atm I would really appreciate if someone found out what does this mean It's windows professional And yeah my computer did work great in bit mode with the old parts before rebuilding it and this is indeed the same windows EDIT FIXED WAS BECAUSE OF SERVICE PACK UPDATE THAT DIDN'T SHOW UP AT FIRST

A:Windows 7 64bit acts as 32bit. Please help

What new parts did you put into the computer?  There are hardware giants in here [I'm not one of them] who can take your list of what you just recently put in -- and come up with some possible causes and possible solutions. Give manufacturer names, model names & model numbers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620333/windows-7-64bit-acts-as-32bit-please-help/
Relevancy 75.68%

I am trying to setup my CCTV system on a new installation of 7 64bit.

The box that plugs into the PC via USB which has all the cameras attached to it only has a 32bit driver. Is there anyway of installing the device using the 32bit drivers?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no but I just wanted to make sure.

Oli

A:32bit driver on Windows 7 64bit

Not that I know of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/84963-32bit-driver-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey guys, im really stuck here.. i spent all day yesterday trying to get this working but i just couldnt, im having that problem creating the ISO file using the command propmt with the expandedSetup file and I keep on getting error 123 or 5 its really frustrating, any1 got any ideas?

A:Windows 7 Student 32bit to 64bit HELP

error 5 is access denied btw

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31628-windows-7-student-32bit-64bit-help.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi -ive exhausted all options and would really appreciate some help...

I have an operating system which can handle 64bit no problem. I recently bought the windows 7 home premium and by mistake installed the 32bit version (doh!). I then inserted the 64bit disk but keep getting the following message:-

this installation disc isn't compatible with your version of windows, to upgrade you need the correct installation disc. (which I have since it came with both 32bit and 64bit).

Ive tried everything to try to boot from the 64bit disk (including adjusting the BIOS settings) but it keeps on going straight to windows (I also read somewhere the windows 7 disk is not bootable..?)

1. Is it possible to boot from the 64bit disk? If so, how?
2. Is there any other way to upgrade/change from 32bit from 64bit?

Any tips, suggestions etc welcome

Thanks
irish

A:Upgrading windows 7 32bit to 64bit

Quote: Originally Posted by Irish Lout

Hi -ive exhausted all options and would really appreciate some help...

I have an operating system which can handle 64bit no problem. I recently bought the windows 7 home premium and by mistake installed the 32bit version (doh!). I then inserted the 64bit disk but keep getting the following message:-

this installation disc isn't compatible with your version of windows, to upgrade you need the correct installation disc. (which I have since it came with both 32bit and 64bit).

Ive tried everything to try to boot from the 64bit disk (including adjusting the BIOS settings) but it keeps on going straight to windows (I also read somewhere the windows 7 disk is not bootable..?)

1. Is it possible to boot from the 64bit disk? If so, how?
2. Is there any other way to upgrade/change from 32bit from 64bit?

Any tips, suggestions etc welcome

Thanks
irish

Hi irish and welcome

There is one thing you might try unplug the HD and give it no other option.
Ken J+

EDIT you could also put the image on a USB stick if you have one

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/46394-upgrading-windows-7-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

I have made a terrible mistake when I installed the Windows 8 90-Day evaluation.
I have a 64-bit CPU (AMD 5800K) and 8GB of Ram, and I accidentally installed the 32-Bit version of the trial.

Is there any way I can upgrade without having to do a fresh re-install?

Any help would be appreciated,

Dakota

Relevancy 75.68%

...hello all, is it possible to update Windows 7 32bit to 64bit without the clean installation? if so;

- how to do it?
- how reliable it is?

...reason is because I already have a lot of applications installed and configured in my machine and it will be time consuming to re-do the process from scratch. Thanks.

A:Upgrade Windows 7 from 32bit to 64bit..How?

Quote: Originally Posted by mangjun

...hello all, is it possible to update Windows 7 32bit to 64bit without the clean installation? if so;

- how to do it?
- how reliable it is?

...reason is because I already have a lot of applications installed and configured in my machine and it will be time consuming to re-do the process from scratch. Thanks.

NO, clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/37801-upgrade-windows-7-32bit-64bit-how.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello All,

I am having alot of trouble with this one program, 
The program is Applied Microtype Pro. It is a 32bit program that we need to get to run on 64bit windows 7 machine. 

when I try to install it I get the following message 
"the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check you computer's system information to see whether you need a x86(32bit) or X64 (64bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

Now this same program was installed on this same device last year.

I've tried every compatibility fix in windows with no luck. 

Any Ideas? 

A:32bit Compatibility for 64bit windows 7

I'm surprised running it in compatibility mode doesn't fool the installer into thinking you have 32bit and thus skipping that error.

My only ideas are a virtual machine or installing 32bit windows. Or actually getting a 64bit copy of the software if that exists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588421/32bit-compatibility-for-64bit-windows-7/
Relevancy 75.68%

My current specs are listed, I have 2x 2gig ddr3 ram. Think ill need anymore? Or will the performance difference with more ram be minimal with windows 7?

A:How much more RAM will 64bit Windows 7 need compared to 32bit XP?

It depends. For regular use, 4Gb should be perfectly adequate. For image manipulation, some high-end games, the more the better.

In general if you have experience with Vista, you will find Win7 better, faster and more efficient than Vista on the same hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-more-ram-will-64bit-windows-7-need-compared-to-32bit-xp.136432/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have purchase new PC with i7 3.20 processor, want to know if you can i run windows xp pro 32bit on a 64bit machine ( I see some answers from 2007)

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, i have a Toshiba L505-10V and the original cds(2) with Windows 7 prenium 32-bit.

I have downloaded windows 7 prenium 64bit from here http://www.techverse.net/download-windows-7-iso-x86-x64-microsofts-official-servers/

I use the key from 32 bit but it says its not valid. Is it possible to work with the same key?

Also i download belarc to recoginise my 32bit windows key and it shows me different key from that is on the base of my pc.

A:Can I use product key from Windows 7 32bit to 64bit?

Hi

According notebook specification your notebook was delivered with preinstalled Win7 64bit Home Premium and you got 32bit version on recovery DVD.

Both recovery versions are designed for your notebook model and both versions contain activation code so that both versions must not be activated.
I presume you didn?t create recovery disc for preinstalled Win 7 64bit version.

You cannot use product key listed in 32bit version. If you use own Windows version you must enter valid product key that you must buy from Microsoft.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79002-Can-I-use-product-key-from-Windows-7-32bit-to-64bit
Relevancy 75.68%

I really hope someone here can help me I am doing my nut in with this problem At the Windows 64bit not 32bit on run 7 Firefox will start of this year I got myself a new Toshiba laptop pimped Firefox 32bit will not run on Windows 7 64bit out to the max It is a P ST inch screen GB RAM HDD GB x GB DDR Video RAM You get the idea I have been using Linux for the last or years mainly because the contracts I had were with companies who used Linux I had now settled down and my offices while the network backbone was Linux I needed to have a windows machine that would run the windows based SW that was being used by so many One of the first things I did was to download and install Firefox That was and still is my default browser on Linux and I have built up a collection of add-ons that I have grown very comfortable with I knew based on everything I had read that there wouldn't be a problem with installing the standard FF bit on Windows bit How wrong my information was I installed FF and as soon as I tried to run it a few seconds later a little window popped up informing me that FF had crashed would l like to let Mozilla know and would I like to restart it I ok'ed all the options and waited for FF to start only to be greeted with the same pop-up as before This time I cancelled the restart of FF and decided instead to shut down the laptop then do a cold restart and then try to run FF which I did It didn't help No matter what I tired I couldn't get FF to run I did know that there was a bit version of FF and started looking for it Once I found it I downloaded and installed it And hey presto it worked I was greatly relieved and proceeded to install all the add-ons and plugins I had on FF on my Linux machine Everything worked fine until I went to a site that used Flash The flash animation didn't work I was informed that I didn't have the correct version of flash amp that I should install it Which I did again It didn't work Long story short Flash does not work on Firefox aka Namoroka bit I went everywhere tried all the solutions suggested none worked I tried downloading the bit version of flash but not even that works I was left with installing Wyzo based on the Mozilla engine which does run on bit Windows and does work with flash I find however that I am moving back and forth between Namoroka FF and Wyzo since Wyzo doesn't do everything I want it to do I hope someone here can help me I just want the standard Firefox bit to run on my Widows bit OS Does anyone have a plan solution answer Please help

A:Firefox 32bit will not run on Windows 7 64bit

There's a reason why everyone is still using 32 bit browsers, because many plug-ins, such as Flash, don't work, or don't work well with 64 bit browsers.

That being said, something else is the culprit, because Forefox 32 bit works just fine on Windows 7 x64, as well as the flash plug-in for it. It sounds like you may have gotten a corrupt installer, or you have something else conflicting in the system that's preventing Firefox from running. I don't have any other suggestions, other than to trying downloading it again, or getting it from another source, like Majorgeeks.com. I have it running on four x64 systems without issue....well, usually Firefox issues, but that happens on any OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/111004-firefox-32bit-will-not-run-windows-7-64bit.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I know that one copy of windows 7 can only activate one computer. I have two, one already with windows 7 32bit installed and one without windows 7. I plan on buying a new one, installing windows 7 on my second computer and upgrading windows 7 to 64bit on the other. If I upgrade, will windows use the old activation key or require me to enter a new one, because that computer came with windows 7 32bit so I don't have the disc.

A:Upgrading of Windows 7 32bit to 64bit

You cant "upgrade install" from 32 bit to 64 bit, you'll need to clean install windows. You need to find a 64 bit disk, backup all your important files, then clean install the SAME edition that came preinstalled, then activate using the key on the STICKER on the computer. Keys are architecture neutral- the same key will activate either 32 bit or 64 bit but you can only use it once.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/159073-upgrading-windows-7-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

I bought windows 7 64bit upgrade version for students. However I want to use 32 bit now, since I have simply had too many problems. Is it possible to install Windows7 32bit and register it with my CD Key (which I got for 64bit Version)?

Cheers.

A:Windows 7 64bit Key with 32bit version possible?

Quote: Originally Posted by Dandukovic

Hello,

I bought windows 7 64bit upgrade version for students. However I want to use 32 bit now, since I have simply had too many problems. Is it possible to install Windows7 32bit and register it with my CD Key (which I got for 64bit Version)?

Cheers.

yes it is

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32437-windows-7-64bit-key-32bit-version-possible.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have Windows 7 32bit with an upgrade disc (so it only has the 32bit on it) and I would like to put 64bit on. I don't care about my data or programs (they are backed up) but I am wondering where I could get iso images and whether my product key will work.

A:How do I install Windows 7 64bit instead of 32bit

Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River ? My Digital Life

Your product key will work for the version to which it applies--Home Premium, Professional, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248515-how-do-i-install-windows-7-64bit-instead-32bit.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi Guys.

I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1, but for some reason it installed Windows 8.1 32-bit, instead of the 64 bit version. I've left it this way for a week or so but some of the applications I use need to be 64 bit.

Basically, how do I upgrade to a 64 bit version of Windows 8.1? Microsofts website is about as helpful as a chocolate teapot.

Thanks a bunch in advance

A:Upgrading from 32bit Windows 8.1 to 64bit.

If your processor is X32, it cannot be upgraded to 64 bit Windows. Only X64 and X86 can. Check your cpu specifications.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/50949-upgrading-32bit-windows-8-1-64bit.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I had Windows 7 64 bit installed on my computer but I decided to upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro so I bought a key online and downloaded&installed windows 8.1 pro not realizing it was 32 bit althought I need(ed) 64 bit. Now my plan was to download&install windows 8.1 64 bit, but since I'm running 32 bit I can't run the installation file, not even when I boot from USB (with my installation files on it). Do you have a conclusion? Please let me know, I really do appreciate it! Thanks

A:Can't run Windows 8.1 pro 64bit installation on 32bit

As you have not mentioned the make and model of the computer we cannot see the specs. Can you processor handle 64bit and did you run Windows Update advisor?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/57870-cant-run-windows-8-1-pro-64bit-installation-32bit.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I currently have Vista and Linux on my computer. I have Windows 7 coming in the mail soon and I would love to update my Vista to that. Do I need to do anything special while installing?

A:Update to Windows 7 on a dual boot computer

Windows 7 may require a clean install. Just start the install and Windows 7 should point to the Vista partition. Just select options and delete this partition and continue with the Windows 7 install

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/update-to-windows-7-on-a-dual-boot-computer.135932/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi! I have this game, it's called BossRan. It's just a private server. So, opened the icon and
it just hangs in there and slowly lags my computer until if freezes. I would like to know if there is a
solution and what is it.
The game's here: BossRan,RAN,philippines,RANONLINE,RAN private server,EPX

Thank you in advance!

A:32bit Game on 64bit Windows 8 OS won't work

There are 2 possibilities here that I can think off right off the bat.
#1: You may need to use compatibility mode to get it to run. Try setting it at different compatibility modes, like XP or Vista, and see if it will work that way.
#2: many older 32-bit programs have portions of 16-bit code in them. This wasn't really an issue for many years, as 32-bit Operating Systems will run 16-bit code. However, a 64-bit OS cannot run 16-bit code, and these programs cannot work on a 64-bit system, period. No way to make it compatible.

I don't know the game you're speaking of, so can't ID the problem for you accurately for you, but check into those 2 scenarios and see what your issue is. If it turns out that there is 16-bit code in the program, you may have to set up a Virtual Machine (I do it with VirtualBox) and install a 32-bit OS as a Virtual machine, and run it from there.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/43348-32bit-game-64bit-windows-8-os-wont-work.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, I bought Windows 7 back in August, I noticed I wasn't using all of my RAM but recently its showing on some games. I want to get Windows 7 32bit to Windows 7 64 bit. I've looked on the Internet and it just comes up with "No, you have to do A fresh install". I originally upgraded from Windows XP 32bit and I remember saying that I had to use a custom installation or somthing, and it created a folder called 'windows.old'. Would that folder be created again if I was to go ahead with this fresh installation? Thanks.

Relevancy 74.82%

I have purchased notebook with OEM version of Windows 8 ? 64bit. The system is not professional version of Windows 8. I would like to run 32 bit application which is not possible to install it on 64bit system. Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks Milos

A:32bit aplication on 64bit Windows 8 system

Welcome to EightForums !

A great part of 32-Bit apps can work on 64-Bit systems, but there are exceptions to the rule. AutoCAD 32-Bit, for example, doesn't install on 64-Bit systems and there's no way to workaround it.

What program are you talking about?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/27591-32bit-aplication-64bit-windows-8-system.html
Relevancy 74.82%

how to install windows vista 32bit instead of 64bit, i don't like 64bit, i tried google, i cant find anything, reason i don't like it, beacuse my ps2 eye toy cam wont install the drive, beacuse only works for 32bit, i dont want a new webcam

A:how to install windows vista 32bit instead of 64bit

format and reinstall

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-install-windows-vista-32bit-instead-of-64bit-323947.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I currently have a Compaq Presario SR Desktop Pc which has GB of Ram and a Ghz processor I have a Samsung HD HJ GB Sata Hard Drive installed in it running -bit Windows Home Premium I am trying to put the hdd into a HP S uk which has a GB Western Digital WD AAJS Sata Hard Drive installed running -bit Windows Home Premium OA running on it I have tried to put the Samsung HDD into the s uk Pc but it comes up with Windows Startup Repair and that says it cannot repeair the start up sequence I have put the HDD back into my old pc and it works fine I did Windows HP HDD 7 in S5300uk 64bit Machine a 32bit some nosing around using the Command Prompt and it came up that it was attempting to boot from X which does not exist on my HDD Is there something I need to do to prepare my HDD to go into the HP PC Thanks In Advance vR

A:Windows 7 32bit HDD in a 64bit HP S5300uk Machine

was win7 64 installed on that computer? if not, most likely you will have to reinstall using the vista7 64 disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-32bit-hdd-in-a-64bit-hp-s5300uk-machine-510049.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Yes, I know that I cannot install 64 bit Windows on a 32 bit CPU. The PC has a 64 bit CPU but a 32 bit UEFI. This was a cheap PC-on-a-stick that was on sale for black friday for $70. I tested OSes on it but now I want to reinstall Windows. I have a Windows recovery disk, but when I try to install, it says that my disk is too small (Its 32GB). Can anyone help?

A:Windows 10 64bit reinstall on 32bit UEFI Only PC

You can normally only install 32bit OS as the bootloader is 32bit.

You may need to create a 32bit usb installation stick to reinstall.

More significantly perhaps you may need some special drivers not in standard MS isos. What OS do you have at the moment, and how did you create the recovery disk?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/44521-windows-10-64bit-reinstall-32bit-uefi-only-pc.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I've been a 32bit windows 7 user for quite long time and have a lot of softwares installed on my Lenovo g460 laptop. I'm planning to migrate to 64bit windows 7 ultimate OS.

The question is, can i copy/clone my Drive C (where my OS is installed) to my Samsung S2 Portable External Hard Drive to still use my laptop while wiping out my Internal Drive C for a clean install of the 64bit OS? Will there be a conflict on changing Device Drivers to 64bit if booting up using my external drive? is it really possible to still use my laptop while doing a lot of software re-installations.

Helpful and elaborate answers are best appreciated. Thank you.

A:Migrating from Windows 7 ultimate 32bit to 64bit help

You can`t use your laptop until your done installing W7 64 bit. Make a disk image of W7 32 bit on your external drive for safe keeping. Then install W7 64 bit to your C: partition. Be sure to format it. Any more questions just ask.

Why would you think you couldn`t use your pc while your doing software installs ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/241781-migrating-windows-7-ultimate-32bit-64bit-help.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello everyone! I am new to this so please bear with me. I bought windows 7 from newegg, however, I did not know it was Windows 7 OEM System Builders Pack. I am upgrading my motherboard from ASUS M3A78-CM to ASUS M5A78L-MLX Plus before I install windows. I can't replace my hard drive because one of the screws is stuck so I am installing windows 7 on my windows vista hard drive. Do i need to wipe my hard drive before I upgrade my motherboard and install Windows 7? Or can I reformat it while installing Windows 7?

A:Upgrading to Windows 7 64bit from Vista 32bit

Welcome to the forum!

Take your Pick
- If you boot with the OEM disk it will force a clean install anyhow, but you'll have the option of preserving the current installation in a folder inside the new install (so you can transfer data out of it before deletion).

You'll also have the option to format the drive before installing Windows 7 clean.

For more detail...
Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/284676-upgrading-windows-7-64bit-vista-32bit.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Do I have to uninstall or is there a fix. Help please

A:I installed 32bit version of windows 8 I need 64bit

Hello Gav, welcome to the Eight Forums.

Simple answer: There's absolutely no way to upgrade from 32 bit Windows to 64 bit or otherwise change the Windows bit version. You must do a clean install using a 64 bit install media and reinstall all your software.

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/49680-i-installed-32bit-version-windows-8-i-need-64bit.html
Relevancy 74.82%

hi

I really need to know what is the best performance settings for my 7.
I have installed 32 bit 7 with 1600 DDR3 4GB and no paging file. I know that it can support 4GB of RAM but when I looking at my system setting it says that 3.25 (usable)... What does this mean...? Also, I saw an option " Automatically manage paging file size for all drives"... Should I use this option...?

If you have better experience in this settings plizz give me some advices.

Thanxxx

A:Best Performance Settings for Windows 7 32bit and 64bit

Hello Sanssan,

Since you have the 32-bit Windows 7 installed, you're system will only use up to 3.25 GB of your available RAM. You would need to install the 64-bit Windows 7 instead to make full use of all of your RAM instead.

It's usually best to allow Windows 7 to use that default Automatically manage paging file size for all drives setting for Virtual Memory (page file) unless you have separate physical hard drive that you want to have the page file on instead for better performance.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/24003-best-performance-settings-windows-7-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I purchased Windows 7 for my Vista machine & installed the 32 bit version. I would like to install the 64bit version. Can this be done with the upgrade disks?

A:Windows 7 32bit installed from upgrade, want 64bit

Is your hardware 64bit capable ? Did you get a 32bit & a 64bit DVD ?
You cannot upgrade 32bit directly to 64bit, It will have to be a clean install.

Check out our tutorials section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/85449-windows-7-32bit-installed-upgrade-want-64bit.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I bought a refurbished Lenovo T400 with a 120gig HD and Windows 7 Pro 64bit OS about 6 months ago. A week ago the HD died so I had a knowledgeable friend of mine replace the HD and he replaced the software with Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit OS without asking. And now the laptop does not function near as well as it did before.

The guy I bought the laptop from gave me a copy of Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

How do I get rid of W 7 Ultimate 32bit and replace it with the software I had originally, Windows 7 Pro 64bit??

Thanks you friend for helping in advance....

A:Help, Need To Downgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit to W7 Pro 64bit

Is there a sticker anywhere on the laptop that shows a 25 character Product Key in this format: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx?

Is that Win 7 Pro 64-bit disc genuine as far as you know? Even if it isn't, if you have the Product Key, you can download a legit ISO of Win 7 Pro 64-bit and burn it to a disc. Activate with your valid Product Key.

I'm assuming the Product Key, if any, is for Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

If you don't have a Product Key, you may be in a bind unless that Ultimate install did not in fact wipe out any recovery partition the Lenovo may have had at one time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/324447-help-need-downgrade-windows-7-ultimate-32bit-w7-pro-64bit.html