Windows Support Forum

Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

Q: Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

So recently after the November build release I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update After which it seemed my home network was thrown out of newest build. to previous back rolling after find build Cant wack I immediately rolled reverted recovered to previous build But now everything is out of wack Most of the time I have to restart my computer just so it'll communicate with my printer to start printing And restarting the computer is twice as long if it restarts at all Most of the time It gets stuck in the quot restart quot progress animates the rotating circles and I have to press the restart button on the computer tower with great regret and dread Transferring files from one windows device to another is a hit or miss I'm pissed I'm not literate when it comes to networking and was super happy how everything was But now not only is my wifi home network out of wack but my computer itself is wonky I figure I might as well reinstall the newest build in hopes that it'll at least fix a fe of the problems But anytime I check for updates the newest build no longer shows up Can someone please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Mount the ISO file, run setup.exe from the fake DVD drive created by mounting the ISO file.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39036-cant-find-newest-build-after-rolling-back-previous-build.html
Relevancy 102.61%
Relevancy 102.77%

I am on Insider Preview and got the latest build. I rolled it back to earlier build, now I want the update again but Windows Update isn't showing me it anymore. Is there a registry tweak or some other method to get update?

A:rolled back to previous build and but want update again

Once you switch back to Insider Previews, it takes 24-48 hours for it to come through WU for you. Or, you could download the 14342 IP from MS here (not the latest build though):

Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO Advanced

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/51869-rolled-back-previous-build-but-want-update-again.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Anybody have any good links to the newest 64bit build?

Relevancy 87.72%

No expiry date and no watermark on this new build. Any speculation on what this means. We have just received the threshold 2 update? Seems my digital entitlement still working? Woopsie do da

A:No Watermark with newest build 10586

Its the new release version. Outsiders will get it next week.

Jim

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/28875-no-watermark-newest-build-10586-a.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I have Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1 (Build 7600)

EULAID:Win7_RM.0_HP_RTL_en-us

Is this the newest one?

A:Whats the newest Windows 7 Build Number

Welcome Chris!

Yes, that is the newest build.

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/62212-whats-newest-windows-7-build-number.html
Relevancy 86%

Quote Long have we searched sync Chrome Newest Dev extension includes build for an easy way Newest Chrome Dev build includes extension sync to sync browser extensions across multiple machines and for Chrome users that day has finally come If you're running the Dev channel here's how you can easily enable extension syncing Newest Chrome Dev build includes extension sync Google Chrome has had bookmark preference and theme syncing for awhile but today's Dev channel update introduced the most heavily anticipated syncing feature to the list extension Newest Chrome Dev build includes extension sync syncing Just like your bookmarks or preferences after enabling extension syncing any copy of Chrome on which you are logged into your Google Account will have the same extensions as your other machines so from now on you only have to download install and configure them once Or at least in theory as this is the dev channel you can expect that you might encounter a bug or three More at Lifehacker I'm really glad to see this implemented finally Not that it's been that big a hassel to find and install the extensions again but this is definitely going to make it that much easier Chrome is just getting better and better Edit Please remember that this is a new feature and may be buggy Before you enable it check out this bug report from the Chromium team

A:Newest Chrome Dev build includes extension sync

I agree that chrome is getting better and better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/92211-newest-chrome-dev-build-includes-extension-sync.html
Relevancy 82.13%

So my six year old Dell E based on a Pentium with Hyperthreading real core my W7 previous harddrive, in to How do my new I with use build get HT died the other day I don t recall the speed atm if it was or ghz I don t know exactly what component failed as the power supply still How do I get to use my previous harddrive, with W7 in my new build was able to light the green LED inside but pressing the power button would not turn it on leaving it disconnected from the power overnight did not cause it to work How do I get to use my previous harddrive, with W7 in my new build again or clearing the CMOS This is the nd E I ve seen exhibit this behavior of losing power immediately and never booting again So How do I get to use my previous harddrive, with W7 in my new build I went ahead and did my own DIY project I ve built or helped build or more systems for friends before so finally it was my turn The last time I helped a friend build his i system and he was upgrading from an AMD Phenom x I was pretty sure he d have to do a reformat and reinstall but lo and behold W booted detected everything and he kept on using his old W OS So I was hoping I d be able to pull off the same feat The hardware I upgraded to is XFX GB GB RAM G Skill Ripjaws ASRock Z Extreme W Corsair power supply i k Seagate Barracuda GB my old drive from my Dell I had upgraded from the original Western Digital Caviar Black GB other drive running the new OS Running Windows -bit same OS on both from my old system and the one I m writing from Well now on to the problem s I go to boot and briefly I think it will boot and then I get BSOD d with x B I had already anticipated one possible problem so I had set the SATA to IDE and not AHCI but since I BSOD d it didn t help I also tried AHCI but it would BSOD even faster lol I tried doing a repair from my W DVD but it said it was unable to fix it I popped in a new drive installed W and that s what I m running on now All hardware is working properly etc The old drive is able to be read from W I can navigate and pull things out etc So the drive isn t dead Is there a way I can get the old drive with W to boot for me with my new setup I already see issues I don t like with the new install all my customizations are gone settings programs games etc Is there a way to replace the devices detected into the old HD or can I somehow migrate everything over or just plain get the old W to work

A:How do I get to use my previous harddrive, with W7 in my new build

Your friend did not have to reinstall since he did not change the motherboard only the processor.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467763/how-do-i-get-to-use-my-previous-harddrive-with-w7-in-my-new-build/
Relevancy 82.13%

I'm on Version 1607 Build 14905
Initially thought my problem was only Adobe Reader DC not opening.
Having many problems that SFC or DISM didn't fix.

"Start", "Power" does nothing, just disappears back to desktop (Right click option works)
Can't open "Windows Update" "Update History". Does same thing. nothing.
Couple of others.

Exists in Safe Mode
Ran my Bitdefender 2016, Malwarebytes, Ccleaner,

If I return to the previous build, will that just be to "14901" or does it take me back farther.
Pete

A:Restore to previous build.??????

I "think" the previous version would be 1511, at least that was what it did on the one AU I have problems with. That's been an understanding issue, there are Versions and then there are Builds of the version. In my 20+ years of computing it's always been changing a Version is an Upgrade from the previous Version.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/61734-restore-previous-build.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My question to all you out there is: which new build seemed to be a step backwards from the previous build and why?

Poll included.

I think 7057 was pretty lame for adding this new logon screen, but that's just UI and cosmetics, I think every build has had significant improvements on the others.

A:Which build was a step backward from the previous?

There's been so many it is hard to remember, but I do remember that when the 7100
was officially released, I was very disapointed, because I thought that the 7077 build that I had been using was far better in a lot of ways at the time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11371-build-step-backward-previous.html
Relevancy 79.12%

About a week ago my PC installed the annual update and it ended up hanging on a black screen with the spinning circles so I restored to my last build since I don't have my backups anymore. When I finally restored I got to my login screen but couldn't do anything as both my keyboard and mouse weren't working. I tried a ps2 keyboard and several other keyboards without any success so I used my iPad to remote into my PC to see what's up. I checked my connect devices and realized that any USB device I connected worked fine with the exception of all keyboards and mice. Every single one shows a driver error once connected and I see in device manager human interface devices has four USB input devices with errors.

Im getting close to reformatting from scratch at this point but worried this might happen again, has anyone experienced a similar problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67743-no-keyboard-mouse-works-after-restoring-previous-build.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My win pro build hasn't received the November update build while my other win home versions have I know I'm not the only one having this problem but here's my two cents On my xw I upgraded from win pro to win pro as soon as was available some months ago I still receive other windows updates I downloaded 1511 the 10240 November pro build build received 10 win update hasn't the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu Both sfc and dism have no issues I would burn it do a disk but I've read other users say its just reinstalled build instead I was using another random win pro computer at work today and noticed it hasn't received the November update yet either Anyone else with win pro that did get the update Maybe this issue has more to it like when I upgraded to pro I had an issue with onedrive I don't really use it so I only disabled it from win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 startup in the task manager but it as a service disappeared except for registry entries and program files and win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 I haven't found a way to reinstall it yet I know I could do a clean install of windows but that's not my style I move from pc to pc over the years using disk images win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 This onedrive issue is the only problem I've come across that I haven't figured out without a clean install I mean I wiped onedrive from my system completely registry keys and all but attempts to reinstall fall short error corrupted file During the attempted installation it places all its registry items and files including the file it says is corrupt Copy those files that are working on another computer no dice sfc and dism no issues I'm getting off track I was hoping the November update would fix it but now that's an issue too Maybe Microsoft delayed the November update on win pro Thanks in advance

A:win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

RE : I downloaded the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu.

Did you burn the iso to a bootable media, then insert the media to the computer ?
If that was what you did, then you would NOT see the Mount option.
Instead, you would see the Setup option. Use that to start the installation.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36509-win-10-pro-build-10240-hasnt-received-november-update-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 to Build 7601?

An Icon Pack was saying install on to 7600 only and after I checked my regedit, I learned that I have 7601 (Probably SP1, I don't know).

Would I have any problems if I install the icon pack?

Thanks.

A:Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 on to Build 7601?

You can normally install icons anywhere you like, on any machine or system which uses them, they are merely small graphics of various types. Unless the "Icon-pack" is using software to install something else, ( in which case be careful what it does), you can install it anywhere.

Some "Icon-packs" make extensive changes to system files, are dependent on the system to which they are installed, and best avoided.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155091-can-i-install-icon-packs-designed-build-7600-build-7601-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My current system was upgraded to windows 7 32bit from vista 32bit (I bought the windows 7 home premium upgrade disc when it was first released). I am going to build a complete new system. Can I install windows 7 64bit from the same windows 7 disc? Or do I have to buy a new windows 7 disc? Is there a way around buying a whole new disc?

A:Solved: New computer build work with old build's Windows 7 Disc?

It won't activate and you will end up in Safe Mode permanently. One machne = one license. You need to buy another full version. But you can do it if you don't use 7 on the old machine. You will just have to activate by phone and explain. Then if you go online with both, one will deactivate and go to Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-build-work-with-old-builds-windows-7-disc.1005746/
Relevancy 72.67%

Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future

A:why my windows mobile 10 build has transformed to an insider preview build

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future Go to settings - Info and check build version.
Annyversary Update is nothing else than Redstone that became official and replacing old Threshold, read the news ;)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436478-why-my-windows-mobile-10-build-has-transformed-insider-preview-build.html
Relevancy 72.67%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Satellite-P50-A09M-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi everyone After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows build Version or build I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update KB keeps trying 10 (build 10240) update to original Windows build from Unable to install however Windows Update always fails to install this update giving me this error quot There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240) want to search the web or contact support for information this may help quot No error code is provided I took a look at setuperr log within the Windows BT folder and this is the only error present Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL String enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBCL FileShare unsigned long gle x I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this issue as i'd like to move up to the AU - Please let me know if you need any more info Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63725-unable-update-windows-10-original-build-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Everytime I try and updated or patch a problem on my computer I get this message (Version of Source build is not target build) and I'm unable to download repairs. What can I do I have tried a few things but same message.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90827-Updates-issue-version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 72.67%

I built a system using a Gigabyte 81915P Duo Pro motherboard. I have my hdd and dvd drive on the primary IDE cable and both are working fine. I also have a cd drive and a removable hdd rack, both connected to the IDE 2 cable. Only the hdd and dvd show up during post. The other drives don't show up nor do the channels. Any ideas? The manual was no help nor was the website.
Dave

Relevancy 72.24%

I am trying to install Windows Build from Windows Build I Install Windows 10586 10 Build Build 10240 From have just received the Windows Update Assistant popup telling me I'm not running the latest version of Windows I have it downloaded but it will not install The computer check Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 said my computer is good to go Asus AllInOne Model ET I've tried several times and each time it reaches the computer restarts and then it goes into quot reinstalling your previous version quot and I'm back to Build I know there are other people with the same problem but no solution One website said to delete quot Windows old folder as that may be a problem using Disk Cleanup but it doesn't show up on my Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 computer under quot Clean Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 up system files Previous Windows installations There is a quot Windows old quot folder on my C drive but it is full of empty folders I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and delete it There is also a new folder called Windows Upgrade with files in it Hope someone can help thank you

A:Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240

Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? That seems to have been what's caused it for me. Unfortunately I seem no longer to be able to trigger the update, darn it, as Windows now feels it has updated and all's fine (it hasn't).
uninstall the Razer software and try again. Hopefully it hasn't messed you up completely.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/433934-install-windows-10-build-10586-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I've been stuck on build 11102.rs1_release.160113-1800.
Going to Settings. Update & Security, Check for updates says "your device is up to date".
Checked for updates at least 10 times and always get the same response "Your device is up to date".

I don't want to download an ISO and clean install - I'd like to get the insider updates through
the standard update process.

Any suggestion or solutions?

Thanks

A:build 11102 will not download latest build 14271

Try this - worked for me in a similar situation.

I deleted all folders in the software distribution folder, selected to leave Insider Program from updates menu, rebooted, rejoined Program and then it found the updates. Try just deleting folders first and checking for updates. That works for some but did not for me (it was the leaving and rejoining that seemed to do the trick).

If you try rejoining and leaving, make an image backup of 11102 first, just in case leaving and rejoining should cause it not to activate (especially if you never started from a valid 7/8 licence). Good idea to make the backup anyway in case the upgrade fails (you would then have to go back to 10586 and start afresh)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/41994-build-11102-will-not-download-latest-build-14271-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications?

A:Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)

Yes. Mount the ISO file as virtual DVD by double clicking it and launch the Setup.exe to start upgrade.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65102-install-rtm-build-14393-over-preview-build-14931-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

My current system specs are below is getting a bit dated and frankly I m just itching to build a new computer Since the days of pentium hyperthreading socket and AGP video cards are long gone I m looking for some advice and or guides on where to look for ideas I like to play games although I wouldn t consider myself a gaming geek in that I need the latest card and processor But I do like quality I guess what I m looking for is a decent mid range system that ll make look FSX and Vista look good without breaking my bank I new Want any you'd guides recommend? good system, to build 'build' a m partial to Intel ASUS and ATI but I d really be willing to try anything as I know the market changes like the winds I m not real keen on the latest in technology for instance all I know a RAID to be is something we d Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? do in the middle of the night to the sorority houses looking for panties Any Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? ideas or general directions you can point me in would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend?

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-new-system-any-good-build-guides-youd-recommend.70046/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey Everyone,

I was able to obtain a copy of the new build and I admit the 6801 installer was confusing at first. However it is preinstalled with the new toolbar and newer patches as I have noticed in the windows folder. I went back to linux for a bit until I saw this new version of Windows 7 and even some viewers showing better performance in this version of win7 then winxp. However the ability to run more then 4GB of ram on xp is impossible so here i am with Win7 and it detected all 6GB fine.

A:Linuzo is back with Build 6956

Hello linuzo.

Have a look at this.

W32.Sober in conhost.exe?

Later Ted

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/1025-linuzo-back-build-6956-a.html
Relevancy 71.81%

i just built a new machine and dvd play back freezes right after it starts to play i think i might need to adjust a setting or something simple
asus m2n board
athlon 64 x2 5600
geforce 8400 gs 256 ddr2
4 gigs

Relevancy 71.81%

How do I find this out?
I have Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64-Bit.

A:How to find out what Windows 7 Build I have?

Use system information.

start>all programs>accessories>system tools>system information

System Information - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/272314-how-find-out-what-windows-7-build-i-have.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello, i just built my new gaming PC and everything booted i installed windows 10 64bit. I then wen't onto connecting to the internet, and it can't find any network adapters, i rang microsoft and they couldn't help and i was recommended to a computer technician :/ i don't have alot of money for that and i'm super excited about just playing my new pc! can anyone help would be really appreciated.

A:New pc build can't find my network adapter, can anyone help?

Hello Rob Wilson, and welcome to Seven Forums ,

I am not an expert in this but I start you off, have you looked in your Device Manager, they should definitely be there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389346-new-pc-build-cant-find-my-network-adapter-can-anyone-help.html
Relevancy 70.95%

We have a XP and a Vista laptop and on the XP one we can play cards that are build in but im having trouble finding them in Vista so are there any on Vista?

A:Trying too find card games build in like XP

Hi,

The card games are there you just have to activate them in Windows.

Go to: -

Control panel, Programs and features, Then look for the "Turn Windows features on or off"

Once there, active the games in windows.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/292897-trying-too-find-card-games-build-like-xp.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Build 237 (2015-02-10) BETA

IMPROVED: Malware removal on Windows 8.

Build 236 (2015-02-10)

FIXED: Handling of Proxy Auto-Config (PAC) files.
ADDED: Command line switch /proxy=<noproxy|auto|wpad|http:|serverort>
Example: /proxy=http://server/pac.js
IMPROVED: Remnant scanner.
Download Links
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro.exe
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro_x64.exe

A:Hitman Pro 3.7.9 Build 236 Final/ Build 237 BETA

Beta Download:
http://www.hitmanpro.com/beta

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitman-pro-3-7-9-build-236-final-build-237-beta.42101/
Relevancy 70.52%

Somewhat unusual situation here. A machine running the latest build (11102) got badly infected by malware. It was such a major attack that I was about to reload the earlier day's image from my Windows Home Server. But it seemed even easier to revert to the previous build, not yet removed from the Windows.old folder. This I did, and everything soon was running fine as expected.

The issue is that the Updates check is not offering Build 11102 again. This isn't a showstopper; I'm sure there will be another newer build soon. But it would be nice to be back up on this latest build, just as all my other Win10 machines are running.

Does anyone know how to make this happen?

A:How To Get Latest Build After Reverting To Earlier Build

Hi,
If you have set it on Fast ring, it will be updated after 24 hrs, so need to be patient.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/38539-how-get-latest-build-after-reverting-earlier-build.html
Relevancy 70.52%

utorrent isn't working too well whereas it usually does and I want to know what is the best utorrent for vista ultimate x64 build 6001 and also what are the best tweaks and settings for the version I should use please tell me the best/most ideall version and aqlso link me to a tweak/settings guide thanks. NOTE: I DO NOT USE UTORRENT TO DOWNLOAD ILLEGAL MATERIAL

A:Best Utorrent Build For Vista Ult. X64 Build 6001

hi ,,, i also use utorrent,,, as regards tweeks, there is not much you can do,,, its more to do with your hardware if you want faster and more stable downloads and what profile your broadband is,,, im on an 6meg profile and achive about 5 meg as im about 2km fromthe exchange,,, i use a site called kitz.com in the uk and they sugest useing a router and resetting the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unitif files collide then it has to be sent again,,, if the mtu is set to high it could be to fast and collisions happen and it has to be sent to you again slowing the download,,, default for ethernet setup on a windows os is 1500,,, to high,,, i reset mine to 1423 and torrents take less time now because files dont have to be re sent.http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/index.htmlook in ADSL tab at the top of the page and then "tweeking mtu" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149849/best-utorrent-build-for-vista-ult-x64-build-6001/
Relevancy 70.52%

Windows 7 has reached RTM builds
and there will be several candidate builds in RTM.

first candidate build of RTM is build 7260.

6.1.7260.0.win7_rtm.090612-2110 - RTM branch build

compiled on 12 june.

You may ask why the first assembly win7_rtm has already been collected on 12 June not 15 June. There are several working groups involved in the process of assembling win 7 RTM build and will be assessing the quality of assemblies. Once the assembly is collected and its quality is confirmed, only then they put to the vote.

you may take time to understand all of these steps and procedures, so only the assembly from June 12 and June 15, attained the status of the real candidates for the final RTM release.

Edit :Link Removed.
but im not sure in news thread we quote links but not allowed in discussion threads
any reason for that!!!

A:Windows 7 Build 7260 (first candidate build of RTM)

Airbot pls do your job

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13378-windows-7-build-7260-first-candidate-build-rtm.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,
After updating to this insider build my start menu,cortana menu,WiFi menu and action center do not work,how can I fix these?

Also sfc /scannow does not work "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." - FIXED with batch file

Settings menu will not open since the start menu wont,even the personalization menu from the desktop does not open.

A:Windows 10 build insider build 14295

Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version ( i.e. language and bit-version )> save it to a folder.
Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin.
No product key is required.
Activation will be automatic.

Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46396-windows-10-build-insider-build-14295-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi All,
I am currently running OS 7 Beta RC Build 7100. Were do I get this newer version, is there a big difference? And am I able to upgrade to the newer Beta?

I realize that October is fast approaching for the RTM but I plan to keep running the Beta for a couple of months past the Grand Opening.

Is it possible that all the updates that I have received equally add up to the newer build?

A:Upgrade from Build 7100 to Build 7264?

I'm still wondering where people got build 7600. :/
I'm running the same build as you, but this beta is gonna expire soon, so we got no choice but to get the RTM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/19147-upgrade-build-7100-build-7264-a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I built the PC and have all the hardware installed. The disc that came with the mother board is in the reader drive. No signal is detected by the monitor. I am unsure if it has a BIOS.
here is a link to my parts list

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/alanhenry/saved/PNFtt6

i have reseated everything twice with no results.

A:new PC build. first time build. no signal to monitor

have u plugged in the TWO power plugs on the motherboard
have u plugged the power for the video card
have u checked the case to mobo power wire is in the right spot
the video card u have requires a minimum of 500w power supply.......... u have purchased a corsair cx 500 which is not up to the job, while being a fine psu for onboard video........it is underpowered for your system

the motherboard u chose is a tad low end see reviews here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-pc-build-first-time-build-no-signal-to-monitor.1148801/
Relevancy 70.52%

Microsoft released Windows for PCs build today the first Insider Preview build since the Anniversary Update was launched last Tuesday The company noted that it might take a few hours for the build to show for everyone As promised earlier this week there s not a the Here's for new Redstone first in PCs 14901, Windows 10 build build 2 what's lot that s new There are just two known issues Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build and one new feature Here s what s new Improving Product Education As part of an effort to explore new ways of educating our customers on features in Windows we are testing out new notifications within File Explorer They re designed to help customers by providing quick easy information about things they can do or new features they can try to have a better experience with Windows If you want to opt out of these notifications you can do so by unchecking Show sync provider notifications from the Options menu in the File Explorer View tab Dona Sarkar head of the Windows Insider Program took the time to mention Windows Mobile which was the one version of Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Windows that didn t get an Anniversary Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Update last week She said that the team is quot laser-focused quot on getting the AU to Mobile and she thinks that they re almost ready According to Dona you can help by installing build on your phone and submitting feedback nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/heres-whats-new-in-windows-10-for-pcs-build-14901-the-first-redstone-2-build.62327/
Relevancy 70.52%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 70.09%

A few weeks ago MS Released build As I'm on the fast ring got and installed the build Then it released But installations would always fail It would show me the installation process and then restart as it usually would roll on cannot build update, back stuck 14901: cannot However after logging in I would see that I'm still on build A minute stuck on build 14901: cannot update, cannot roll back later there would be a popup message saying that quot some updates were not installed select this message for more details quot None were given when I did I thought I'd just wait for the next build stuck on build 14901: cannot update, cannot roll back that it was a problem with But now that the next build is out I still keep running into the same problem Unfortunately I cannot uninstall updates update history is empty nor can I roll back to the previous build through advanced startup quot there was a problem rolling back to your previous build try resetting this PC first quot I currently cannot afford to reset this PC is there another way

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/62259-stuck-build-14901-cannot-update-cannot-roll-back.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello. Yesterday I received the last anniversary(?) update from Windows 10. From that moment an expensive program did'nt work anymore. The supplier advised me to press; start - setting - recovery - go back to earlier build.
That worked and now, instead of build 1607 I'm back to build 1511 and the pogram works again. Now this program will have an update to work under build 1607. How can I return to build 1607? Or will Windows just push it in after some time? Thanks!

A:How to return from Wind 10 build 1511 to 1607 after going back

Hello, you can try Windows update manually via Settings, Update. Or just wait.

You can also apply it manually by downloading the iso or creating a bootable medium (MS media creation tool) (just search or see the guide in the Tutorial section here).

It is worth keeping a Win 10 bootable medium to hand - it can be useful for certain repairs.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65436-how-return-wind-10-build-1511-1607-after-going-back.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello I've been trying to install win ultimate Upgrade on a M SSD SM build new me - Help Clean a find errors pattern/cause Win install 7 Nvme I have found a Nvme SSD driver that i could load during setup that shows Win 7 Clean install new build errors - Help me find a pattern/cause my drive Since this was quite an ordeal I will try and retrace my steps here In BIOS I set PCI-EX Bandwidth to X and SATA Mode Configuration to M I run win install from a retail Upgrade DVD When the installer asks for a drive there are none listed To see USB and are not recognized by the installer I choose Load Driver and load the USB driver from the Asus driver CDROM After this my USB is visible and I install a downloaded NVME driver After this my M SSD is visible so I prepare a partition and continue install Install finishes windows boots from the M SSD I install system drivers from the ASUS driver CDROM I install drivers for my GPU from CDROM I start updating through Windows Update During this process I get several errors and some strange behaviour Amongst which I can't recall all - Loading USB drivers in setup failed the first time crashing my mouse and keyboard that were connected to USB ports Second time around I loaded an unsupported USB driver didn't work either Tried the supported USB drivers and they magically worked and showed my USB stick - When windows loaded I had no USB mouse keyboard control Had to use PS mouse and keyboard to get to the Asus Driver CDROM and install USB drivers After that they worked - Error Message from GPU installation saying no NET framework available - GPU installation installs Audio drivers that lead to installation errors from the Asus Drivers CDROM which tries to install Realtek HD driver x FF - Error message on startup saying there was a problem starting c windows system nvspcap dll module could not be found - Sometimes shutdown takes - minutes showing quot shutting down quot and after some more updates quot logging off quot - Error message on startup saying Desktop Window Manager stopped working - Hanging Windows update window or rendering extremely slow For instance I click Windows update from the Start menu and it will show a half transparent tooltip like as if the rendering hangs and no program or service is started Also slow shutdowns seem to happen after this but more factors might contribute to this In general the system driver installation and updating have had errors that I can't reproduce and seem pretty random I am almost certain faulty hardware can be ruled out since it is all brand new and i was cautious to prevent ESD when putting it all together Much more likely although I'm no pro it seems to be a faulty medium win installation DVD I've had this disc for over years and installed my current old system with it which works fine It is an upgrade DVD but I read that should not make a difference and there are registry tweaks to let the system think it is updating an older system when time comes to activate the key Also I think part of the problems are related to problems with graphics drivers since it seems to have trouble rendering windows The Aero Desktop also took some updates perhaps NET to work So the question I have is if all the above is indicative of some particular issue I'm unaware of Something you might readily spot And otherwise where to start troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/397240-win-7-clean-install-new-build-errors-help-me-find-pattern-cause.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi New desktop computer build Gigabyte A-DS P AM DDR WD TB SATA lll Desktop Hardrive Seagate Barracuda GB SATA ll Desktop Hardrive AMD FX PILEDRIVER GHZ QUAD CORE SOCKET AM CPU Gigabyte GV-N SL- GB GeForce Graphics Card Crucial CT BA BJ GB DDR SDRAM MHz x computer Windows hardrive find can't desktop - New build the Alpine Blue W AMP Single Rail PSU Turned it on for the first time last night lovely Spent hours trying to get Windows to find any hard drive If I dumb the BIOS down to IDE and Legacy boot mode I can manage to get the Install Windows GUI to appear but it won't see any hard drive It will recognise a New desktop computer build - Windows can't find the hardrive USB stick with the SATA AHCI Driver unzipped drivers on but only if I untick quot Hide drivers that are not compatible with hardware on this computer quot Anyway I select one of the four 'AMD SATA Controller C SATA AHCI Driver AHCI w W amd sata inf ' and click Next and after it looks to be installing the driver all I get is quot No drives were found Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation quot It's a new Western Digital hardrive I had it in my regular computer and fully partitioned it with NTFS default settings and left a completely empty GB C drive all ready for a fresh new Windows installation in theory There is also a GB SATA ll hardrive in there just for data It doesn't see that one either If I leave the BIOS at AHCI it doesn't get past the Starting Windows screen Any ideas Thanks in advance

A:New desktop computer build - Windows can't find the hardrive

Mystery solved. After 6 hours tooling around with the manual and the BIOS a bright spark suggested setting the BIOS back to the default and Bingo !! I had to delete the MBR partitions that I previously created, it didn't like them ("On EFI systems windows can only be installed to GPT disks" ) but I now have W7 installed on a GPT setup.

Many thanks for any interested readers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/360199-new-desktop-computer-build-windows-cant-find-hardrive.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Originally I had the issue of not being able to power the card at all Whenever I hooked up the card to the motherboard AND cannot build Twin MSI Frozr New 2GD5/OC R7850 card find to the PSU where the card was getting power from the wire to the PSU the computer wouldn't turn on Only after I unplugged the connections that had to do with the power wires from the card and the New build cannot find MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC card PSU would it start up Even then it would take a few times before it would turn on Something about doing that just makes restarting New build cannot find MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC card problematic Finally I did the unwise yet somewhat desperate thing of hooking up the power to the card while running So far nothing bad but it's running The fans are on although it seems a bit loud I don't know if that's because I have the covers off or there's no instructions telling it when to run the fan and at what speed so it's at full blast Just a guess at this point However the computer doesn't know the card is there I've double checked my connections made sure the wires are connected but Windows can't find it I've done the Scan for Changes trick under Device Manager gone to Window's update and of course tried to install the driver that came with the the install disk but I get a message saying quot Live Update support MSI products only quot So to recap How can I find my Twin Frozer with Windows edition Here's my computer specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM This is pretty much my build with the exception of the PSU I went with the version Intel i - MSI Radeon HD Cooler Master HAF - System Build - PCPartPicker Let me know if there's anything else I should provide Thanks in advance I will be back in a few hours so if I don't respond that's why

A:New build cannot find MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC card

Can you see the BIOS startup messages?

Can you boot into safe mode (F8)?

According to your manual, the default for graphics is PCI-E (rather than onboard, or PCI). Is it still set to that? (Obviously, that would require that you be able to get in to the BIOS/UEFI settings.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/243370-new-build-cannot-find-msi-r7850-twin-frozr-2gd5-oc-card.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I plan on using this computer for games like FC Crysis Civ LoL look computer build, a good build? this First does like Arma Kerbal SP CoD SimCity torrenting and multitasking gaming music or gaming skype or all three I plan First computer build, does this look like a good build? on building it within the month I prefer performance over cost I have Windows Ultimate -bit I have a quot Samsung T B x Bose USB speakers and a mouse but I will need a keyboard I also have access to wired internet I m just wondering if anyone First computer build, does this look like a good build? has any suggestions on these parts seeing as I am new to computer building I did a good amount of research so far And also if these parts would fit and work well together Thank First computer build, does this look like a good build? you CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus P Z -V PRO GEN ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LP GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD GB Video Card Wired Network Adapter Intel EXPI CTBLK Mbps PCI-Express x Network Adapter Case Cooler Master HAF Advanced ATX Full Tower Case Power Supply Antec Basiq Plus W PLUS Certified ATX V Power Supply Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS - DVD CD Writer Keyboard Lite-On SK- BS Wired Standard Keyboard Total from Newegg nbsp

A:First computer build, does this look like a good build?

The build looks good. I only have one question. Is the on-board LAN (network adapter) not suitable for your needs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-computer-build-does-this-look-like-a-good-build.191395/
Relevancy 67.94%

What's new in HitmanPro 3.7.7 Build 205 Beta:
August 26th, 2013

FIXED: Processing of ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad startup entries.
FIXED: Processing of Task Scheduler jobs.

Download

https://malwaretips.com/threads/hitmanpro-3-7-7-build-203-3-7-7-build-205-beta.17869/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello,

Ive recently built a new comp and put win 7 on it. Now, I was wondering about the new/differant builds. Looks like I have build 7100. And thus far really like, alot!

Should I download a new build?

What are the differences? Will I notice?

Where Do I get new builds?

Thanks alot!

A:Should I upgrade My Win 7 build to a newer build???

The new build (7127 is the only new 1 so far) is available on most torrent sites. If you are having no issues with the RC build 7100 then you may not notice any difference, although, 7127 does seem a bit faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11123-should-i-upgrade-my-win-7-build-newer-build.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi All
I'm Tired Of Still Formatting My PC When Evered Anew Build Is Released
Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Formatting ?

Thanks

A:Can I Update Win 7 From Build To Build Without Format

Quick Answer: Yes

You could upgrade from a build to another build but it is recommended to do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/15285-can-i-update-win-7-build-build-without-format.html
Relevancy 67.94%

All I would really appreciate your input on my final first Build: About my build, advice order ever C2D to please spec for my first build Intended Usage - Heavy multitasking C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please - Mail browsing downloading movies playng music with Mediaplayer decoding movies online poker - Games - Warcraft Flight sims RTS Other Info - I will be using my existing Dell inch LCD running x - I will experiment with moderate overclocking but this is my main system so I want a stable box that will run for - years - I don t want the extra complexity of RAID - I am not interested in SLI I will buy the top of the line DX graphics card next year the current choice is only a stop gap - Based on what I have heard above the minimal cpu impact I am going for on board sound rather than a separate card - In future I see myself upgrading to C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please quad core - I will run XP as my main OS with Vista on its own partition until I am happy to move to Vista late next year Will also have another OS partition on the main Harddrive C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please for messing around with Linux Questions - What are your general thoughts - How does my memory choice look - Does my PSU look ok for the future I would like a modular unit I won t go SLI but do see myself having Quad core and a beefy DX GPU as well as SATA devices - Is there an ATI alternative to my graphics card choice as I hear ATI is the way to go right now Also I want to avoid reinstalling my OS if I move to an ATI DX card I have hear that you should reinstall the OS if you are changing between ATI amp Nvidia drivers - What s the view on my case I want something with good cooling quiet space to move around in and good looking Suggestions Spec These parts are available in online amp local stores i live in Holland Processor - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - P W DH Deluxe Intel X I changed this from a Gigabyte DQ after hearing about a lot of memory problems Cooler - Zalman CNPS AT Memory - GB - OCZ DDR PC - Platinum Revision CL - - - OR GB Corsair XMS TWIN X DDR MB CL Video - XFX GeForce GT MB will upgrade to DX card s next year Hard Drive - Western Digital Raptor WD AD - Windows XP Vista Linux Games partitions Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda - another of these to be added later for backup Case - GigaByte D Aurora I have been bouncing between a Coolermaster Mystique a Coolermaster Praetorian and a Collermaster WaveMaster now I have this choice PSU - OCZ Modstream W or Antec NEO W Floppy cardreader - Mitsumi in FDD Cardreader Optical - NEC AD- A DVD burner nbsp

A:C2D Build: About to order my first ever build, advice please

Good, except for the E6600. Get the E6400 and overclock it (should overclock well with that board and your ram, without blowing up your processor in 3 years). Will save you quite a bit of money that way.

Also just a personal recommendation. Get the Enermax Noisetaker II 485W PSU instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/c2d-build-about-to-order-my-first-ever-build-advice-please.58811/
Relevancy 67.08%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Rather stupidly I installed Windows RC after a bottle of wine last night and never read any of the literature so back XP to Rolling never created a partition or anything So now I have Win as my Rolling back to XP main OS problem is it doesn't seem Rolling back to XP to like most of my hardware mainly my netgear WG v dongle and I'd like to go back to WinXP SP - however when I pop in the disc and boot up from it I try and format the HDD and get the following Setup was unable to format the partition The disk may be damaged Make sure the drive is switched on and properly connected to your computer You must select a different partition for Windows Now I know the HDD is fine it isn't even two weeks old and it works perfectly well under Win and it worked well under xp So how on earth do I format this partition and get back on XP Thanks and apologies if this has been asked before I am just really frustrated and annoyed at myself TK

A:Rolling back to XP

Pop in the Windows 7 disk, delete all the partitions. Restart, put in XPx64 disk. Also did you have to install HDD drivers upon XP setup before? That may be your problem as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13799-rolling-back-xp.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have this old computer that I was going to use for a desktop. However, I stupidly tried to go straight from its original OS, which was Windows XP, directly into Windows 7. I am now currently trying to pawn the computer off but first I need to get the XP OS back in order for it to be usable. How do I go about doing that?

A:Rolling back from Windows 7

Why do you need to get it back on XP?

Make and model number of your PC?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rolling-back-from-windows-7-a-703358.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have read that If I install Windows 10 and roll back to 7 I can reinstall after July 29 still for free. I also read you don't have to roll back Just use an image file (Macrium Reflect). MS kepts a digital license for you. I would not trust a roll back over an image restore.

Any Info?

A:rolling back Win 10 to 7 using image

you can probably just install a fresh copy on a spare drive or partition and use the Windows 7 key, once installed an activated, then put your other drive back in and you should be free to upgrade in the future with no need to input a key.

https://hardforum.com/threads/rolling-back-win-10-to-7-using-image.1902721/
Relevancy 65.36%

Howdy all. I updated my BIOS recently and now I'm having a slight problem with the bootup process. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to roll back my BIOS to the previous version? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Relevancy 65.36%

So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a check box or something to allow the update.

So now I want to go to 393 again but WU is not seeing it. How do I force it ? Registry key ?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64079-how-update-after-rolling-back.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Just bought new laptop with Vista Home Premium, I upgaded to Ultimate from a full version bought earlier this year for PC. After seeing what Microsoft wants for an additional key, I would like to roll back to Home Premium without loosing all my programs etc. CAN THIS BE DONE AND HOW?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-rolling-back-to-old-os-178103.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Windows keeps trying to update and when it restarts to finish it fails and reverses it. Im not sure which update is causing this..

A:Updates keep failing and rolling back.

Edit: nevermind :/ I thought it worked by manually installing it but didnt, the update is KB3176493.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59923-updates-keep-failing-rolling-back.html
Relevancy 64.5%

kindly help.
every time i tried installing window live- Microsoft outlook, the programme runs to the 100% mark but soon after starts rolling back. i have tried several means to rectify the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-rolling-back-of-an-installing-programme-509017.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys

Tool the plunge and rolled back to windows 7 after having huge problems with win 10.

Problems now are as follows - that i've found so far:

Various updates won't install and just keep failing.
Task scheduler keeps saying it's corrupted with the following files, task uploader, task background config, task ractask, task windows parent controls, task ip address conflict 2, task ip address conflcit 1, backup.

also I've just found out the reliability monitor is blank.

Can you please just put me on the right lines of where to start please?
Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/380969-problems-after-installing-win-10-then-rolling-back-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Just got Win7 now on my laptop.

I had installed a usb device and found it was not working as it should.

So I got different drivers from the manufactures website, 64-bit etc.

However, when I go to the device manager and try to "update driver" then manually go to the location where I want and click to re-install then Win7 just says "actually you have the best/most up to date drivers" and I can't get it to manually choose the older (and better) drivers!

Any ideas?

A:newb - rolling back a driver...?

Quote: Originally Posted by Bansaw

Just got Win7 now on my laptop.

I had installed a usb device and found it was not working as it should.

So I got different drivers from the manufactures website, 64-bit etc.

However, when I go to the device manager and try to "update driver" then manually go to the location where I want and click to re-install then Win7 just says "actually you have the best/most up to date drivers" and I can't get it to manually choose the older (and better) drivers!

Any ideas?

You can do a System Restore at a point before you installed the new driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/80890-newb-rolling-back-driver.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am posting in this forum as I need to fix Windows 7.

So I loaded IE10 and my entire system is very slow.

Reading online it may be the update that came with IE10 ... KB2670838. So they both need to go.

I have never rolled back a PC.

I have 2 choices NOW:

1) Uninstall the Microsoft updates one at a time OR

2) Go back to a restore point

When I do a scan for affected progarms in restore point ... I get a list of things that may not work correctly. Including IE9. Any suggestions?

A:Need Help Rolling back updates ... ie10 and KB

Start | Control Panel | System And Maintenance (If you are using Classic View, skip this step)| Programs & Features | Installed Updates
Any updates listed in Installed Updates should be uninstallable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-rolling-back-updates-ie10-and-kb-694591.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Well I have a toshiba encore I think it is, a small tablet which starts with windows 8 on it, had upgraded to 10 and ended up resetting it to factory settings in a way which left it without the files to roll back to 8 and of course it asks for the windows key but because 10 is hat special kind of horror show doesn't accept the key for 8 the tablet has...

Since it's a tablet with no usb ports how exactly would one get 8 back on it?

A:Rolling back a tablet from 10 to 8 after files are gone.

There should be at least micro USB port for charging. That post supports adapter to "normal" USB port, mostly those adapters are called OTG. So then you can connect USB hub to that adapter and then connect USB stick with windows setup, keyboard and mouse you will need them because usually on tablets touch screen doesn't work during clean reinstall (also charge battery because if you use charging port to connect usb devices you probably would not be able to charge during reinstall). Prepare windows key to install also check if there is any drivers on manufacturers site, make bootable windows usb stick with rufus or other software. Recommend use rufus because bootable media may need some special settings like gpt partition scheme for uefi, FAT32, etc.

By the way you did something wrong because i have quite few small 7-8 inch tablets with atom CPU (1-2GB ram) running windows 10 (upgraded from windows 8.1) without any problems. Start may feel more sluggish than win 8.1 but it sorts itself out sometime latter.
After you upgrade to win10 and activate once your activation is saved you shouldn't need to enter key when reinstalling 10 (make sure upgrading to same version pro to pro home to home etc) just skip if it asks for one it should activate when you connect to internet.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/42645-rolling-back-tablet-10-8-after-files-gone.html
Relevancy 64.5%

i had a question. how would u go back to an older operating system. say from xp to 98. go to dos, format drive, use windows 98 start up disk? i have to change ntfs back to fat32 for win98 right? how can i change it while i still have windows on my c: drive?

A:rolling back operating sytem

Here are the instructions from Microsoft.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rolling-back-operating-sytem.361788/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey everybody,
14905 user here.
So I was just minding my own business when I suddenly got hit by a lot of bugs in RS2 which made all kinds of craziness happen. So I decided to roll back. I went to the start menu and searched for "rollback" and sure enough there was the option to roll back.
After a few minutes I had successfully rolled back... To 14901... This one has a bad bug where I can't reach hardly anything in the settings due to a missing dll-file (I don't have a PRO-machine to copy it from). So I am currently stuck on 14901.
How can I go from 14901 to the current branch (Anniversary Update)? Preferably without losing my files.
Any help is appreciated.

A:Rolling back a PC from RS2 to Anniversary Update

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hey everybody,
14905 user here.
So I was just minding my own business when I suddenly got hit by a lot of bugs in RS2 which made all kinds of craziness happen. So I decided to roll back. I went to the start menu and searched for "rollback" and sure enough there was the option to roll back.
After a few minutes I had successfully rolled back... To 14901... This one has a bad bug where I can't reach hardly anything in the settings due to a missing dll-file (I don't have a PRO-machine to copy it from). So I am currently stuck on 14901.
How can I go from 14901 to the current branch (Anniversary Update)? Preferably without losing my files.
Any help is appreciated. try to make a backup of your files on an external drive and then try to reset your pc in settings
If not possible, try to do a clean install using the iso file available from MS
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437195-rolling-back-pc-rs2-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Last week I cleaned out and updated a friends Dell computer. About three days later I get a call saying its blue screened with the following stop code.

stop: 0x0000007E (0xc0000001d, 0x80537008, 0xba4c3508, 0xba4c3204)

I looked it up and it appears to be a Microsoft patch causing the problem. The question is how do I roll back the patch? One would be the Microsoft recovery console but what am I looking for once inside it? Another option I believe would be using Ubuntu, but again once its up what would I be looking for?

Repairing this would be a lot less of a headache for the owner than rebuilding from scratch.

A:Rolling back a Microsoft patch?

Hi Dirtpitt289,

There is a report that patch KB977165 is causing BSOD with computers that have an infected atapi.sys file.

We could remove the patch, but personally, I'd like confirmation that an infected atapi.sys file is to blame. Please do the following:

Code:
1. Boot from your Windows installation CD

Insert your Windows installation CD and boot your computer. If your computer is not set to boot from CD first, you may need to reconfigure your BIOS or press a boot menu key (often F12, F8 or Esc). If you are unsure of how to do this, consult your favorite geek. As soon as the boot starts, you should see a message like ?Press any key to boot from CD?? ? press a key.

2. Start the Recovery Console

After the CD loads (it may take a minute), you will be presented with a few choices. One of these options is to start a recovery by pressing ?R?. Press ?R? to launch the Recovery Console.

* You may be asked to choose a Windows installation. If so, choose the damaged installation (probably ?1″).
* You may be prompted for the Administrator password. If you do not have one, press ?Enter?.

3. Identify your CD drive letter

You should now be at the command prompt. Enter the following command:

map

Look for the drive letter for your CD drive. It may look something like this:

D: \Device\CdRom0

In this case, your CD drive is ?D:?.

4. Replace ATAPI.SYS

Enter the following, replacing ?D:? with your CD drive:

cd system32\drivers
ren atapi.sys atapi.old
expand D:\i386\atapi.sy_

You should see the message ?1 file(s) expanded.? ? this indicates you have succeeded.
If this works, and you're able to boot into Windows.
Please visit:

http://virusscan.jotti.org/en-gb - and submit atapi.old for a virus scan.
Post the results back here.

If this doesn't work - then proceed to remove the patch:

Code:
1. Boot from your Windows XP CD or DVD and start the recovery console (see this Microsoft article for help with this step)
Once you are in the Repair Screen..
2. Type this command: CHDIR $NtUninstallKB977165 $\spuninst
3. Type this command: BATCH spuninst.txt
4. Type this command: systemroot
5. When complete, type this command: exit
Let me know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rolling-back-a-microsoft-patch-463608.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Am not on Insider builds. Getting Error on Updates Your Insider Build Needs Attn........
Not logged in to a MS account.
Running anniversary ed upgrade from last release clean install, valid retail key win7
Running Norton Utilities 16, Spybot Anti-Beacon and O&O Shutup10, registry hacked to turn off Cortana
Everything Win10 that can be uninstalled is or is turned off in settings.

All I have seen is to fix if on Insider Build Program, any suggestions ?

A:Not on Insider Build but error message: Your Insider Build Needs Attn

Hello Pkshadow Welcome to the Ten Forums!

The prompting you are seeing is most likely to get you to notice and install updates that have been accumulating. Otherwise that is a strange one. You might have to sign into an MS account if you already had one setup in order to see that account's information updated on the change from Insider to Anniversary. That would then see everything synced properly.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/59865-not-insider-build-but-error-message-your-insider-build-needs-attn.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm running Windows XP SP2. Downloaded the Windows Live setup utility, so I could install Mail and Messenger ? they download fine, but during the installation they always end up rolling back, not getting installed. It happens no matter which Windows Live tool I use.

Here's the error I'm given.

I don't know what could causing the problem. I don't have a firewall blocking it. Nothing weird set up which could be conflicting with it (it's a pretty fresh, standard install with not much beyond Firefox, Office 2007 and Google Desktop installed). I've set up Windows Live Messenger perfectly normally on other machines in my home network. The problem persists after reboots and re-downloading the installer.

Any ideas? I'm stumped. Would love some help with this.

A:Windows Live installers keep rolling back.

From what I read, the problem is a 'stuck' install.

Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, run it (carefully) and locate the Messenger install and delete it from the list.

Then try again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

edit: the Toolbar also.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-live-installers-keep-rolling-back-371168.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello everyone this is kind of a broad issue so i am really sorry if this is the wrong place but it seemed that the most urgent issue belonged here I have a Lenovo G laptop that was recently repaired from a motherboard issue with electricity upon completion the people that did the job informed me that the startup was kinda broken BSOD broken so they offered me to install Windows again I said yes and when the PC arrived I noticed that the AMD card was turned off so I went to laptop back from 10 win Problems lenovo 7 with rolling to the bios and activated switchable graphics It downloaded the drivers and the BSOD started to occur during the CCC catalyst control Problems rolling back from win 10 to 7 with lenovo laptop center startup thing I tried numerous drivers including leshcat And nothing I decided that I was going to install win again I find this OEM image home premium bits as it came I first tried to install without using the DVD as boot but from the OS itself it gave an error just at the end probably a BSOD but I took my eyes away for a minute I tried booting from it and it did the same then tried again and again noticed that in the booting options more than one win option was there and a win none of them work they all say the same something along the lines of quot there was an error restart and try again quot So I'm stuck I need help please that is my only pc and I work from there I want to get back to win PD it used to work with win perfectly not this time tho Edit i ran around the internet all night I found things in many places it said to reset to default bios and to disconnect USB stuff and i had a wireless mouse connected I did both at the same time and voil it's sitting there in the desktop now I just need to deal with the quadruple boot issue

A:Problems rolling back from win 10 to 7 with lenovo laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by luisdjt

Hello everyone, this is kind of a broad issue so i am really sorry if this is the wrong place but it seemed that the most urgent issue belonged here.

I have a Lenovo G770 laptop that was recently repaired from a motherboard issue with electricity, upon completion the people that did the job informed me that the startup was kinda broken (BSOD broken) so they offered me to install Windows 10 again, I said yes and when the PC arrived I noticed that the AMD card was turned off so I went to the bios and activated switchable graphics. It downloaded the drivers and the BSOD started to occur during the CCC(catalyst control center) startup thing.

I tried numerous drivers (including leshcat). And nothing. I decided that I was going to install win 7 again: I find this OEM image (home premium 64bits as it came). I first tried to install without using the DVD as boot but from the OS itself, it gave an error just at the end probably a BSOD but I took my eyes away for a minute. I tried booting from it and it did the same, then tried again and again.. noticed that in the booting options more than one win 7 option was there and a win 10, none of them work they all say the same: something along the lines of "there was an error restart and try again".

So I'm stuck, I need help please, that is my only pc and I work from there. I want to get back to win 7.

PD: it used to work with win 10 perfectly not this time tho.

Edit: i ran around the internet all night, I found 2 things, in many places it said to reset to default bios and to disconnect USB stuff and i had a wireless mouse connected.

I did both at the same time and voil? it's sitting there in the desktop, now I just need to deal with the quadruple boot issue.

Quadruple boot issue?

Could you explain a bit more so that we can help you in the best possible way?

/Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/387413-problems-rolling-back-win-10-7-lenovo-laptop.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello all i'm a new member to the forum My dads computer did have Win bit installed Unfortunately it now has installed win automatically and we have tried to roll back to the previous os The computer is now stuck back with Win10 to from Win7 problem rolling in a startup repair loop and is unable to repair it I cannot log in to windows at all There are no system restore points to revert to I have inserted the os install disk and tried to repair it this way but i see the same loop I cant run the sfc command because of the infinite loop I did manage one time to problem with rolling back to Win7 from Win10 get safemode minimal to work and i could problem with rolling back to Win7 from Win10 see his desktop but the mouse and keyboard didnt work and i havent got a usb to ps adapter it had a bsod about mins after i got into safemode anyway I have read the the tutorial on here on how to recover from a repair loop but it does not work for this problem i am seeing Can anyone point me in the right direction please Regards Mark

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396709-problem-rolling-back-win7-win10.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have Service Pack 3 on my Windows 2K system and want to rollback to SP2. I looked in my Control Panel under Add/Remove Programs and could not find an option to get rid of Service Pack 3. Any suggestions? Can i just reinstall service pack 2 over it???

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there

Beware if you CREATE storage spaces under W10 and roll back to W8.1 -- you'll get configuration error.

DO NOT RESET the storage spaces as you'll lose the data. I think the file structures have changed in W10.

What to do --Re-install W10 again and then SAVE the data. The storage spaces will be fine on a re-install of W10 - you'll need to do a NEW install so install on another HDD or backup your W8.1 / W8 system before re-installing W10.

Hope this saves people anxiety.

I like Storage spaces - but they should be compatible across releases in case you do have to roll back an OS.

You only need to do this if you created the storage spaces on W10. If you created them on W8/W8.1 and then installed W10 everything is fine.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Storage Spaces - Beware if rolling back to W8.1 from W10

Thanks there "Big Guys." . . . Just for you.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/4716-storage-spaces-beware-if-rolling-back-w8-1-w10.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have two wifi adapters i have been trying to get to work consistently with no luck remove i How do or rolling back updating? without drivers for several days now One How do i remove drivers without rolling back or updating? had been working fine for a few weeks then it stopped i tried switching and that one worked for half a day then it stopped Once How do i remove drivers without rolling back or updating? it stops working the connection is 'limited' but works fine on other machines or it says it is connected in settings but Chrome says it isn't online So i wanted to try to install a different driver having read that this can often be the solution But in both cases there is no old driver to roll back to and when i try to tell Windows to load a driver i've downloaded or have on a disc it says no the one it already has is 'up to date' and it won't do it Is there some way to dig around in the system to get rid of the driver it claims is better so i can try another one I tried the suggestion in a Dell troubleshooting article - How to Fix Limited Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue in Windows Dell Netherlands Antilles Cura ao of going to the command prompt and changing the TCP parameters Then the wifi worked for a while but it stopped I plugged in the ethernet cable and surfed that way for a while Then i unplugged it and the wifi is working But if the pattern of the last few days continues that won't last long It seems like some background thing keeps resetting and i don't know how to make it stop I went and shut off Automatic Updates after reading what other people have said about Microsoft supplied drivers How can i surgically remove a driver

A:How do i remove drivers without rolling back or updating?

Physically disconnect the Adapters from your PC.Open Device Managers->View->Show hidden devicesNetwork Adapters and right click to uninstall all the grayed out drivers. If a popup windows is displayed, tick on also delete files.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/50070-how-do-i-remove-drivers-without-rolling-back-updating.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there

Beware if you CREATE storage spaces under W10 and roll back to W8.1 -- you'll get configuration error.

DO NOT RESET the storage spaces as you'll lose the data. I think the file structures have changed in W10.

What to do --Re-install W10 again and then SAVE the data. The storage spaces will be fine on a re-install of W10 - you'll need to do a NEW install so install on another HDD or backup your W8.1 / W8 system before re-installing W10.

Hope this saves people anxiety.

I like Storage spaces - but they should be compatible across releases in case you do have to roll back an OS.

You only need to do this if you created the storage spaces on W10. If you created them on W8/W8.1 and then installed W10 everything is fine.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Storage Spaces - Beware if rolling back to W8.1 from W10

Thanks there "Big Guys." . . . Just for you.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/4716-storage-spaces-beware-if-rolling-back-w8-1-w10.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I was troubleshooting a game and working with different well older versions of my display drivers Particularly for nVidia GeForce GTS Once the rollback didn't work for fixing the issue ingame I just went ahead and reinstalled the latest driver Now don't get me wrong I know how this works Before installing the quot new quot drivers older versions I made sure to uninstall the current and used Display Rolling drivers my Internet back broke a small program someone suggested to me called Driver Sweeper or something This ensures extraneous files are cleaned up Rolling back Display drivers broke my Internet Regardless I was just trying to do it right uninstall current drivers before installing new ones However once I got back to the latest driver I found my internet doesn't work Rolling back Display drivers broke my Internet at all The browser comes up and doesn't even attempt to load the page As soon as I try to load any page Rolling back Display drivers broke my Internet it just says it cannot find anything It can't even see that a connection exists I'm no expert but why on earth should playing around with my display drivers have anything to do with my access to the internet It's like nVidia took the liberty of wiping out some basic component which finds my web connection when uninstalling drivers Any ideas Could that program have removed something it shouldn't It's just weird I was only dealing with display How does this interfere with my internet Freakin PC's I'm running an HP with XP Media Center still on service pack If you need any more info specs lemme know Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/rolling-back-display-drivers-broke-my-internet-270980.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I was troubleshooting a drivers broke Rolling back my Internet Display game and working with different well older versions of my display drivers Particularly for Rolling back Display drivers broke my Internet nVidia GeForce GTS Once the rollback didn t work for fixing the issue ingame I just went ahead and reinstalled the latest driver Now don t get me wrong I know how this works Before installing the quot new quot drivers older versions I made sure to uninstall the current and used a small program someone suggested to me called Driver Sweeper or something This ensures extraneous files are cleaned up Regardless I was just trying to do it right uninstall current drivers before installing new ones However once I got back to the latest driver I found my internet doesn t work at all The browser comes up and doesn t even attempt to load any page As soon as I try to load any page it just says it cannot find anything I m no expert but why on earth should playing around with my display drivers have anything to do with my access to the internet It s like nVidia took the liberty of wiping out some basic component which finds my web connection when uninstalling drivers Any ideas Could that program have removed something it shouldn t It s just weird I was only dealing with display How does this interfere with my internet Freakin PC s I m running an HP with XP Media Center still on service pack If you need any more info specs lemme know Thanks nbsp

A:Rolling back Display drivers broke my Internet

Is it possible you took out the nvidia chipset on your motherboard instead of the display drivers? Try reinstalling nForce chipset drivers (if you have such a chipset).

P.S. With nVidia drivers it's recommended BY THEM to use 'windows add and remove tools', using generic drive cleaners is ok, but not the means to ensure you've cleaned up. nVidia used to have a driver removal tool but it is no longer used.

ATI still does provide a driver removal tool on the AMD web site.

Good luck,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rolling-back-display-drivers-broke-my-internet.731664/
Relevancy 63.21%

Errors are, in order of appearance, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M, VIDEO_TDR_ERROR, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.

These bluescreens first started after rolling back my AMD drivers from 14.5 to 14.4. After the first BSOD, I reinstalled the most up-to-date drivers. The BSODs have become a near daily occurance, with multiple happening a day if I day try to play a game. Other than the crashing, the computer runs fine, with the exception of Skype. Around the same time as the first BSOD, any text input to Skype while in a call was greatly slowed, taking upwards of a minute to get a few words inputted. Skype usually functions normally when there is not active call.

I've reinstalled my display drivers and the like, but this has not made a difference. Crash dumps have been included.

A:BSOD after rolling back and then restoring GFX drivers. Various errors

Hey there! It seems there's problem with the RAM. I'll bet this dig out alot of errors.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370074-bsod-after-rolling-back-then-restoring-gfx-drivers-various-errors.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Yesterday i was updating my HD 7670 driver in HP pavilion 2002tx notebook with windows...

but after installation, there are some errors such as catalyst control cannot opened and applications crashed. So i decided to rolling back the driver, but it resulted with another problem...my intel HD 4000 got error too..

this is the dxdiag result after error messages appeared

i have tried installing driver downloaded from HP and Intel site but nothing happened...so please if anyone know about this....

A:VGA AMD HD 7670 and Intel HD 4000 got error after rolling back AMD VGA

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Download the Driver from the HP Website .. Then go to the Device Manager select your Graphics Card and Uninstall it should give you the Option to Uninstall the Drivers too .. Then reboot your Laptop and Install the Driver you Downloaded ..

Do not let Windows Install the Driver for you ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/339506-vga-amd-hd-7670-intel-hd-4000-got-error-after-rolling-back-amd-vga.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I have encountered a small but irritating problem- recently I decided to upgrade my Windows Media Player from version to I am of course aware that there is now a version Anyway I really didn t like version so I followed Microsoft s instructions on how to roll-back to It worked ok and I now have version back except for one irritating difference which appears to be a feature of version and remained when I rolled-back to I will try to describe it clearly so people will know what I mean- apologies if I do not use the correct terminology In Windows Media Player just like version if you go to Media Library and click on the symbol next to my playlists on the left side it will expand listing the various albums and recordings by title If you click on one of these titles you will then see on the right-hand side the names of all the tracks in the Media Player 'rolling-back' 10... Windows Problems chosen playlist In Windows Media Player underneath the list of songs in the chosen playlist on the right there was a window or panel which could be dragged up or down by using one of those double-headed arrows that appear when you point the mouse at the dividing lines In Windows Media Player this Problems 'rolling-back' Windows Media Player 10... appears to be for the purpose of displaying media info When I rolled back to this window or panel was still there it had not been there before I upgraded to The panel is black and says Windows Media Series and something about if I want media info I need to change privacy settings in tools options I cannot for the life of me get rid of this panel It can be dragged so that it is smaller but I would like to get rid of it completely from Media Player I have changed privacy settings several times in tools options to no avail If anyone is familiar with this annoying problem and knows how to fix it I really would be most grateful Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Windows -bit all Windows Updates up-to-date as of two days ago before I installed Windows This problem really has me at my wits end I ve spent hours on various forums trying to find a solution but have had no luck Yesterday I installed the free Windows The day before Windows W10 and after missing back W7 to then rolling Update installing that I created a backup image in case I didn t like W and wanted Windows Update missing after installing W10 and then rolling back to W7 to roll back to W Well I didn t like W so I re-imaged to my W backup image I immediately noticed that Windows Windows Update missing after installing W10 and then rolling back to W7 Update wouldn t run After doing Windows Update missing after installing W10 and then rolling back to W7 some research I found that Backround Intelligent Transfer Service BITS was no longer in my services even though it was there in the backup image since Windows Update worked until I installed W I ran sfc scannow and Disk Check with the feature to repair any problems found checked but nothing was found with either tool I then re-imaged to backup that was five weeks old BITS was still not in my Services I did find a tool to reinstall Windows Update and after running it BITS did show up in my services although it s not there now because I did the second re-image after running the tool But Windows Update still wouldn t run It s set to automatic and it is running Also the dependencies are running too but Windows Update still won t run When I try to download the MS fixit tool for Windows Update I can t download it or run it even though I tried to get it from several different websites If I click on Run Save or Run and Save nothing happens My system is now re-imaged to the last image the day before I installed W Windows Update is not in Services but I saved a link to the tool that did get it back to Services although it didn t run even then I ve read many threads about fixing this but nothing has worked This all started when I installed W and then rolled it back to W BTW I should mention that I checked to make sure Windows is activated It is I would greatly appreciate any help with this as I really don t know what else to try nbsp

A:Windows Update missing after installing W10 and then rolling back to W7

What software did you use to make and restore the Windows 7 image ?

Did the image you made include the small System Reserved partition at the start of the hard drive ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-missing-after-installing-w10-and-then-rolling-back-to-w7.1153213/
Relevancy 63.21%

I need to rollback to Internet Explorer 10 from 11 in Windows 10 in order to utilize functionality in my company's proprietary programs, Is this possible, and if it is possible, how do I go about it ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1024f738-06ab-48b0-bb08-b1fdb6fbe684/rolling-back-to-internet-explorer10-from-explorer-11-in-windows-10?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 63.21%

I am running Windows 2000 and trying to install Symnantec/Norton Anti Virus Version 7.6
As it is installing, I recieve an error box that simply
says "rolling back action", and then it does roll back
and says that the system was interrupted before it
could be completely installed.
HELP!!!!!!!

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello! Thanks to Win 10 preview (last build). So, when I decided to roll back to win 7, after installing it  my troubles came out. Shortly, could not read my backup devices, could not make backups and disc images, all restore points vanished. At this point, no one could tell a solution, even if I think re-installing win 7 from OEM disc, would be the better idea. Please, give me a last chance before I collapse...Many thanks in advance, yours greysmouth BO IT.
 vssadmin_list_writers.JPG   90.27KB
  0 downloads
 Task_scheduler_Err_2.JPG   88.73KB
  0 downloads
 Task_scheduler_Err_1.JPG   81.74KB
  0 downloads
 Error_task_image.JPG   79.21KB
  0 downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577851/error-0x80042306-after-rolling-back-from-win10-to-win7/
Relevancy 63.21%

I dont know a lot about computers.My first build is corei7920.what is the best ram for performance? I will be using 6GB but I will not be overclocking.I just want to use the ram as it comes in the package at stock settings.ASUS P6T SE motherboard?GTX 260 graphics,antec 1200 case,300GB velociraptor,windows7 I have read that corei7 can only use ram at 1066 speed w/out o.c.This motherboard can use 1333 ram w/out o.c. I do not mind spending a little extra $ for good ram, but I am confused.Not overclocking because I dont know how yet.I have not bought anything yet.

A:Corei7 920 build (first build)

Type your motherboard into the right places when www.crucial.com comes up. This is a good standard for what you want, then build on that by going to other sites.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corei7-920-build-first-build.134107/
Relevancy 63.21%

I just got my income tax return back and now it's time to update my PC. Please bear in mind I'm a newb!

I want to keep the following:

1. Corsair 750W PSU,
2. Antec 1200 case, and
3. EV3A 460GTX 756MB GPU.

In other words I likely need a new motherboard, processor, cooling fan for the processor, RAM, etc. I don't know if I'll need a sound card or ethernet card or if on-board will be good enough. I've heard from a couple friends that Asus Mobos are good. I think I want to go to an Intel processor as that's what I've had to this point and it's done well for me.

What are your thoughts? Where should I start looking?

Thanks

Relevancy 63.21%

Hello i want to build my own pc

Cpu:
Procesorius - Intel Core i7-4770, Quad Core, | TipTop.lt

Gpu:
Vaizdo Plok?t? - GIGA-BYTE PCIE16 GT610 2GB | TipTop.lt

Mother board:
Motinin? plok?t? - ASROCK B85 S1150 | TipTop.lt

Ram:
Operatyvioji atmintis - KINGSTON DIMM 16GB | TipTop.lt

1. HDD:
Vidinis diskas WD Red 3.5'' 1TB SATA3 64MB | TipTop.lt

2. HDD:
http://www.tiptop.lt/vidinis-diskas-wd-green-3-5-500gb

I dont know wich box i should use, here 2 options:

http://www.tiptop.lt/korpusas-logic-...su-psu-logic-2

http://www.tiptop.lt/korpusas-logic-...su-psu-logic-2

So is it possible to build pc with these parts?

Sorry I'm from lithuania and my online shops are lithuanian laguage. But Names of parts is in english

A:Build specs. Can you build it?

The issue I see: your mobo supports "ONLY" 4th gen CPU and your CPU of choice is a 5th gen (gen=generation). Even though the mobo is socket 1150, same as CPU, there may bay some firmware incompatibilities. Not sure if there is a BIOS update for the mobo to support 5th gen CPU's, which I doubt it does.

So you may want to consider a new mobo that supports intel's 5th gen series CPU's. Also; there's no mention of a PSU (power supply). I would also move up to a GTX 970 GPU....it's just a better GPU period.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/127578-build-specs-can-you-build.html
Relevancy 63.21%

A buddy of mine is looking to build a new computer and turned to me for advice I got some help here last year on my build and I never did post a follow up so here s what I ended up with CPU Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GHz overclocked to Build Update New Help Build and GHz Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP -UD P LGA Intel P Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX GB overclocked HSF Xigmatek HDT-S mm Rifle CPU Cooler with Xigmatek Retention Bracket HDD Western Digital Caviar Black GB Build Update and New Build Help RPM CD DVD Burner Samsung X DVD -R DVD Burner RAM G Skill Build Update and New Build Help PI Black GB x GB DDR PSU Corsair CMPSU- TX W Thermal Compound Arctic Cooling MX- OS Windows Build Update and New Build Help Vista Ultimate -Bit Case NZXT Tempest ATX Mid Tower Monitor Acer X Wbd Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Speakers Logitech S- Multimedia Speaker System I m happy with the choice I made and never looked back The build went smooth and I m looking forward to doing another one in the future I keep myself up date on everything new that s out The only problem is that my friend is looking at cheaper products that I haven t looked into nor do I have the time Here is what he s looking for Budget No gaming He ll be using the computer for browsing the web hosting web sites and that s about it He does want a fast CPU though TB HDD He already has a monitor keyboard and mouse At least GB of RAM He would like to not have to upgrade for a few years He s majoring in a computer related field and he s a sophomore Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Build Update and New Build Help

As you know you'll get some great help here so I'll suggest that he consider an AMD build. For what he wants to do and his budget he can get a very, very nice build especially since he won't be gaming.

Consider the AMD AM3 Propus 620 quad core 2.6 GHz for $99.00 at NewEgg with free shipping and for a few dollars more there is the 630 @ 2.8 Ghz. Both chips are getting great reviews.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-update-and-new-build-help.139032/
Relevancy 62.35%

update the virus definitions

it really started to slow down while browsing after the last update, before that one, just a bit

but know its really hogging up my slow pc's power 8(

i have winxp 32bit
1.3gig processor
640mb total memory

A:will rolling back my avast program version be harmful for security, even tho i

In the long run it will.Newer versions of anti-virus products typically include improvements in technology, methodology, scanning engine, malware detection and removal, etc.Rather than using an older version of avast!, you could switch to another anti-virus solution which may perform better with your system....see Choosing an Anti-Virus Program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588474/will-rolling-back-my-avast-program-version-be-harmful-for-security-even-tho-i/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just install fresh copy of windows OS (XP with and patches and updates) and trying to install printer HP laser 1012 driver (USB cable), As it is installing, I receive an error box that simply
says "rolling back action", and then it does roll back without completing the installation.

I tried to use the CD as well as I downloaded the driver

It was working before I did the fresh installation, nothing wrong with USB port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rolling-back-action-when-installing-printer-hp-laser-1012.742497/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting our MP3 player (Creative Zen Touch) to work on Vista. It's finally being recognised as a device, but Windows Media Player 11 does not recognise it so I can't add any music to it - which kinda defeats the object!

I think I need to rollback to Windows Media Player 10, which apparently will recognise it, but I realise after a bit of mind boggling research that this is easier said than done. Can anybody help me with this problem? Is there an easy way to do it?

Many thanks for reading my plight!

A:Solved: Need Help rolling back Windows Media Player 11 to 10 in Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-rolling-back-windows-media-player-11-to-10-in-vista.726241/
Relevancy 62.35%

hello peepz,
We are about to roll out a group policy to stop people installing USB devices that are not approved. All that is very easy to, our issue is finding already installed devices on a computer.  I can manually roll through the registry entries and try and
manually delete them but given we have hundreds of users, that is going to take forever.  Is there some software that people use that easily identifies if say a Samsung or Apple phone have been connected and delete them. Same thing for most USB sticks
except the ones we specify??

Thanks,
Dave.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3589cbb7-cb08-4c0d-bc1f-18234ff9529f/rolling-out-a-usb-device-controll-gpo-how-to-find-already-installed-devices?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 61.92%

I can't access Radeon settings after I updated my video driver and then rolled it back to an older version. When I try to access it, I get this message:I am currently running driver version 15.201.1101.0. How can I get Readon settings back?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Radeon-settings-wont-work-after-rolling-back-video-driver/td-p/5716440
Relevancy 60.2%

Folks;
I am using Win XP, IE 6. When I use the back button it does not take me to the previous page. I have looked at the history list and noticed that there are numberof "doubleclick" items there. When I click back button it backs up one at a time and finally reaches the previous page. Depending on the webpage I am visiting I have to click many times to back to the previous page. This is most annoying. I use FireFox on the same machine and I do not have this problem there. I use a laptop with Win2K and IE 6 and it does not have that problem either. Basically they do not retain the doubleclick frames in the history. How can I fix this on the XP machine. I compared all the internet advanced options with the laptop and they are identical. Thanks for your help in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-button-on-ie-does-not-take-back-to-previous-page.619418/
Relevancy 59.77%

On board sound - SigmaTel C-Major audio. I dont know how many bits this driver is, but I was looking into perhaps the STAC9200 24bit driver or 20bit AC97. Is there anyway I can get a higher bit driver? thx

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=sigma+tel+c-major+audio&btnG=Google+Search&meta=