Windows Support Forum

High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite)

Q: High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite)

I have a Toshiba satellite a d-s The specs for this can be found here reviews cnet com laptops toshiba-satellite-a d-s - - html Sorry for no link but I am apparently not allowed to do that yet I bought it new and it came with windows vista A couple (Toshiba speed High host issue Satellite) controller years later I upgraded to windows Upgrading to the new OS was fine but then later I needed to upgrage yet again to bit This unfortunately was not as easy and I need to wipe the drive clean and start fresh Now there are a couple issues with the host controllers the main being that I keep getting warnings saying that the devices I plug in can run faster if I were to use a high speed High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite) port This confuses me because the USB ports are but they are acting like they are I have done everything I can think of to get these to function correctly but nothing I do seems to work The second issue which isn t as annoying is that when I move the screen the sound for High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite) connect disconnect a USB device is played and the little popup for quot new device connected quot is shown I am unsure why the screen is acting like it s a USB device I have disabled the notifications and sounds for all ports now but I would kind of like to know why this is happening Do anyone know how I can solve these problems I have checked multiple forums and have been searching for an answer for about months now with no luck I think I have provided enough information but if anyone needs more just let me know and I will be happy to provide it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite)

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-speed-host-controller-issue-toshiba-satellite.178296/
Relevancy 102.77%

Just bought a new lexmark x6570 all in one printer and when I connected the usb 2.0 cable, I got a message that for maximum performance I need a high speed usb host controller...I have a compaq pressario and windows XP...do I need to go out and buy something to add to my motherboard, or what??

Relevancy 78.69%
A:Satellite Pro 6100 - USB host controller

Hello

And what do you want to know about USB host controller? Do you need drivers or have you problems with USB ports?

Please explain your problem detailed in some English sentences that other users here can help you.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63332-Satellite-Pro-6100-USB-host-controller
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi

I have a 6 yr old dell pc that does not have a high speed usb port. I am running wind xp and have cable and a wifi belkin putting out 54.mbps

Will this hi speed help download faster and is it worht it and where can l buy it.

Thanks

Alan

A:hi speed usb host controller

Personally i dont think you will see any diff:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hi-speed-usb-host-controller.807626/
Relevancy 78.69%

I downloaded Skype for a friend and she had to buy a into adapter for the webcam I installed because she only had Hi-speed controller? USB host USB ports The man at PCWorld thinks she has USB by looking at the computer instruction book and said that the adapter would work belkin One of her ports I left as is because her broadband was plugged into it and I didn t want to fool around with that The other one I used the adapter to plug in her speaker the webcam and her Lexmark printer Her printer and Dell computer are about - years old When plugging in the printer USB a notice came up You must Hi-speed USB host controller? add a hi-speed USB host controller to this computer to obtain Hi-speed USB host controller? max performance I just left it in and kept my fingers crossed She just called me and Hi-speed USB host controller? said the only way she can get her printer to work is by unplugging the adapter and plugging her printer directly into her computer port and she is not happy about that because she uses her printer often What do I do I don t know anything about desktops and I don t know what she has on hers so if anyone has a solution for this could you please explain to this dummy Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

I am installing a device, a USB TV Tuner, which generates
a messaging indicating that a ..."high speed usb host controler
would improve performance...". Does anyone have any suggestions as to
what to look for on Ebay (cheap!) and whether its possible to accomplish
the same thing with a software app? BTW, I've tried a " USB Y power adapter
which combines the use of two USB ports but it did not seem to make a
lot of difference-

Many thanks in advance
Webz

Relevancy 77.83%

hi
sorry if this has already been done before
but search didn't seem to be working for me

i have just got a new external hard drive.
and when i plug it in it says that i am connecting to a slower port
when i got to download new drives etc. it says that there are no new ones

but on recommebdation it says:

Quote:

the usb mass storage device will function at reduced speed
you must add a HIGH-SPEED USB host controller to this computer
to obtain maximum performance..

so what is this?
do i download it?

any help would be great

cheers
tomo

A:Recommend HI-Speed USB host controller

You more than likely have a USB 1.1 port. Most newer computers have USB 2.0 which is faster than 1.1.

There is no downloads to upgrade to 2.0. It actually requires new hardware.

Although - good news is, your hard drive should still work fine on 1.1 - it just won't work as fast as if it was hooked up to a 2.0 USB drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/recommend-hi-speed-usb-host-controller-416753.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi All,
My CPU is running at a consistent 98-99% within moments after booting my machine. I have uploaded a ~30s ETL capture here:

hxxps://www.dropbox.com/s/xznhkdyo5p2p7rn/highcpu.07-03-2014.10-46-16.zip
I've been digging around, but I can't seem to find what the cause of this high CPU usage is. It appears to be affecting the explorer service as well as Chrome. CPU usage does NOT go down if I kill all chrome processes however.

Any insight would be wonderful.

A:High CPU usage by Service Host & Services and Controller app

Hi,
According to your screenshot, it seems this is not related a particular service, it just like a memory leak issue.
Can you check the event viewer to see if there is some error record?
Or you can check if this issue happens in Clean Boot mode, this would eliminate software conflict:
How to perform a clean boot in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-usAlex Zhao
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cc059d1f-1684-4e95-93b5-f9ff451871e4/high-cpu-usage-by-service-host-amp-services-and-controller-app?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 76.97%

I have had occasional trouble with my hi-speed USB connection to an external hard drive - it is sometimes recognised as hi-speed, and sometimes not. It has now finally given up completely. When I go into the Device Manager, select the Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller, and go into Properties, I am told that the device cannot start (Code 10). When I have checked, I have been informed that my driver is up to date. I have sent the data to Microsoft for a possible solution, but have had no response. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thank you.

A:Solved: Hi-Speed USB Host Controller not working.

what was the solution please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hi-speed-usb-host-controller-not-working.782319/
Relevancy 76.97%

When I plug in my usb drive to the usb port, a message shows that I need to install hi-speed usb host controller in order for the driver to perform in max performance.

Where/How to I install this Hi-Speed USB host controller? Thank you.

A:Solved: Installing Hi-Speed USB Host Controller

The message is telling you that your USB drive can run faster than the connection on your PC allows. That's common when hooking up new USB hardware to older PCs. You can buy a new USB controller card which fits in a slot on your motherboard - if you plug your USB drive into the card it will run at higher speed, but if you are satisfied with the way it runs now then you don't need to do that, it will do no harm.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installing-hi-speed-usb-host-controller.320656/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi all,

I have recently installed Windows 7 (again) and I have updated all drivers and I now notice that my usb ports (4 on a laptop) are not recognized as USB 2.0 !! I have never had this problem before and now I have no idea on how to fix this, it really sucks not being able to use my usb ports to their full potential.

I have a laptop with:

4 x USB ports (all of which should be Hi-Speed).
Device Manager says "Intel N10/ICH7 Family USB Universal Host Controller" under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers"

Any Help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Hi-Speed USB Host Controller not installing

go here and run the intel driver update utility, it will auto detect what drivers need updated..
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/

ps, use IE8, some other browsers are not supported!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-hi-speed-usb-host-controller-not-installing-543840.html
Relevancy 76.11%

HELP!! Please I am using an older Toshiba Satellite A5-S1592 and every time I start, I get a window telling me a need the 'video controller'. This laptop is less than 10 yrs. old, but I called Toshiba, and although the guy was nice, he looked and looked, and found nothing.

Relevancy 76.11%

Hello,

I think about upgrade my notebook by buying SSD intead of HDD but i don't know what SATA controller has my notebook Toshiba Satellite P50-A-13C.
SATA 2 or SATA3 ? Please help.

Thanks
Patrick

A:What SATA controller has Toshiba Satellite P50-A-13C?

Hello,

Which SATA controller Satellite P50-A-30 has? SATA 2 or SATA 3?

Thanks
Patrick

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88297-What-SATA-controller-has-Toshiba-Satellite-P50-A-13C
Relevancy 75.25%

I have toshiba laptop with winxp that gets to the windows desktop screen momentarily goes to a blue screen with some kind of message and then reboots I can operate the computer in bus for sm Need toshiba driver A60-S1561 controller satellite safe mode I found a yellow question mark next to the sm system management bus controller in the device manager section It doesn t allow me to reinstall it and there is no info on the provider date or version in this section The messages quot The drivers for this device are not installed code quot and quot This device isn t using any resources because it has a problem quot are displayed I ve tried system restore but it fails I ve tried searching for this driver at the toshiba website and elsewhere but I can t find it Additional system info toshiba ACPI bios versio sm bios version intel celeron GHz processor x family model stepping Anybody have this driver Any other suggestions would be appreciated it nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,

Is there a option to downgrade the speed fan a little bit because
the fan is really noisy and I can't work with it!

Please give me a suggestion!

Kind regards,
Erik

A:Satellite P50-C-125 speed fan always to high

Do you use your computer in the bedroom. Try cleaning the fan assembly.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88791-Satellite-P50-C-125-speed-fan-always-to-high
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all.

I did a fresh install of windows 7 32bit on a toshiba Satellite P755-S5215 laptop and I have a major amount of device errors.

The main driver I want to get is the ethernet controller so I can at least connect to the internet. I have a program that will search and find the best device drivers for the system but I need to connect to the internet first.

I looked at the toshiba support site but there doesn't seem to be any type of drivers there that helped, I downloaded a couple and they didnt' seem to work.

Does anyone know the exact ethernet controller driver I need for that machine? I don't know how to check to see what type of NIC I have to determine where I need to go to download the driver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 74.82%

G'day,

I've recently reinstalled Microsoft Windows XP Professional on my Toshiba Satellite A70 laptop computer. The only driver that I'm missing now, though, is the Ethernet Controller, which I've had no luck in finding.

Can someone provide a download link or some information for me to obtain this?

Thank you in advance!

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi guys,

I recently installed windows XP sp3...and everythings working fine..but i have yet to install the video controller (VGA compatible) friver..I got the neccessay drivers from the toshiba support centre and they all work perfectly. But they dont have the video controller driver im looking for.

Ive searched the web but it i only get update downloads for the driver..Anyone can tell me where to go?

A:Toshiba Satellite 2400 Video Controller (VGA Compatible) driver

Guys dont worry about it i found the driver..s2400DspXP...Comps working fine now thanx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/toshiba-satellite-2400-video-controller-vga-compatible-driver-407770.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Laptop is Toshiba Satellite 1115-s103 serial # x2340363k running Windows XP/SP-2.

When plugging in a working high speed internet cable and restarting unit, an icon appears in lower right tray which looks like an internet connection icon with a small yellow ball bouncing back and forth.
However, when browser (either Firefox or Internet Explorer) is pulled up unit cannot find any valid address.
Suggestion was made that SP-2 might be the problem but after deinstalling SP-2 there was no improvement.

Need help - thanks - Paul

Relevancy 72.67%

Is there any software that can? For sure. Safe. Or the next best thing. Through Bios? How?

A:Control Toshiba Satellite P305-S8842 fan speed

Bumpity bump.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-toshiba-satellite-p305-s8842-fan-speed.907025/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A505-S6965. It's probably about 5 years old I think. It runs Windows Vista 64 bit. Lately I've noticed that when I am either playing a multiplayer game online, trying to download a new game via steam, or playing Civ online multiplayer my computer will randomly disconnect from the wifi. I will be able to stay connected anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes and then it disconnects. I've tried all sorts of fixes. I've tried renewing the ip address, updating the wifi driver, powering on and off, turning firewall on and off, scanning for malware, using ccleaner. Well, some of that was for my PC being very sluggish. I bought the Witcher 2 on steam the other day and still haven't been able to download it. I would really appreciate any help. What information would you need?
Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Toshiba Satellite intermittent connection issues when using high bandwidth

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-toshiba-satellite-intermittent-connection-issues-when-using-high-bandwidth.1078271/
Relevancy 71.81%

All three towers (Optiplex 780, 390, Inspiron 620) need according to driver detect, Intel ME5 Host Embedded Controller Interface Driver. Numerous attempts to install and they say success until I check again!  Is there a proper procedure to install? Or can it be ignored?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19698106
Relevancy 71.81%

Microsoft support cleaned up my computer on Wed. Now I am unable to use my USB ports. They worked on the problem from 4pm to 7pm. They restarted the computer - it locked up and the connection was lost I have been trying to get reconnected with their level 2 support team since 7 (2-1/2 hrs).

It's 9:30 CST and now I am being told that they only work until 12am EST so I may not get any help tonight.

Can anyone help me, please?

A:USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller issue

The title is from the Device Manager "Other Devices" with an exclamation point in a yellow background.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-xhci-compliant-host-controller-issue.1150706/
Relevancy 71.81%

All three towers (Optiplex 780, 390, Inspiron 620) need according to driver detect, Intel ME5 Host Embedded Controller Interface Driver. Numerous attempts to install and they say success until I check again!  Is there a proper procedure to install? Or can it be ignored?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19698106
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi there guys i have a majour issue with my open USB me. please host NEC to Issue, help PCI controller" huawei e data card modem i sold my Usb Version The E because i only used it on the laptop and the PCIMCA version is perfect for it so i only kept my E but i recently upgraded to a better Laptop the HP Compaq p ghz hdd gb ram running Vista business the problem is this laptop doenst install the card not at all and this laptop is not that big NEC PCI to USB open host controller" Issue, please help me. of a difference form my older one my older one was a HP Compaq NX also running vista Business both are x the only difference is little higher specs and the new one has Fingerprint reader firewire port sd-MMC card slot SC slot and S-Video out OK so this is what happens when i first inserted the Card the popup came up saying installing new hardware when i clicked on it it showed the same thing twice NEC PCI to USB open host controller NEC PCI to USB open host controller but nothing else the old laptop ran fine with the card and it was working perfectly same OS and all so i went to Device manager ind saw those same two things under universal serial bus controllers but they had a quot quot with a yellow triangle behind them and if i open them it says quot ths device cannot find enough resources that it can use code quot in the Device Status block and if i click on resources it says the same what i have tried is the following i have disabled everything that i possibly could in the bios things like the serial ports firewire built-in Wifi Bluetooth exc and still no luck i downloaded the latest Driver software from Vodafone Vodafone Mobile Connect V the same version i was using on the previous laptop on vista and installed that still no luck I went as far as recovering the Laptop to its factory state using the HP recovery wizzard and first installing the Vodafone mobile connect software before inserting the Card and as soon as i insert the card after that boof same story i am having a Nightmare and searched on google for the whole day so far i cant find any sollution here to me it seems like a conflict in resources but conflict of what and where i have no clue im not that clued up with PC s i dont know how IRQ s and I O ports and stuff work Can someone please help me solve this coz if i dont get this right then i will have to try and sell my PCIMCA card and buy a New USB one which i dont prefer as the PCIMCA is always in my laptop and i never took it out much better and easier for me If i forgot to mention anything or more details is needed please shout OH no SP has been loaded as i said restord to factory settings thanks in advance guys Hennie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nec-pci-to-usb-open-host-controller-issue-please-help-me.845391/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi.. Im having a problem with my hard drive i think, when i boot up it stays on the windows xp loading screen for roughly 2 mins, and when it does boot up, i get the add new hardware box come up asking me to install SCSI/RAID host controller, ive tried clicking next next finish etc, but it cant find anything to install it... my computer has been running slow since ive had this come up, funnily enough it was roughly the same time i installed a new graphics card... its a Radeon 128mb 9600 series, ive also installed a wireless card and a soundblaster live sound card since, i dont know whether or not its anything to do with the new hardware, but i just thought it might be the problem...

Ive looked just about everywhere for the SCSI/RAID Host Controller, but i cant find it anywhere, including the microsoft site.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 71.38%

I am trying to fix my mom's computer. Apparently, she deleted some file a "Realtek\VISTA_8169" file
I think that is what triggered this problem to happen.
I tried to restore the computer to the time before this happened but the laptop said system failure error and said it could not complete the restoration.
Since the ethernet controller is a component I believe having to do with connection to the internet since the laptop is usually connected to a router wirelessly, the laptop just can't detect the wireless signal. Nothing is wrong with the internet connection since I am on my own laptop right now.
Its a driver software problem and I know I have to somehow reinstall it or something so I was wondering if someone could help.
I hope the end result does not mean that we have to purchase a new laptop.

A:Toshiba Satellite Vista-A215-S4807- Ethernet controller was "not configured correctly

go to toshiba web site down load latest drivers for the system and install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-vista-a215-s4807-ethernet-controller-was-not-configured-correctly.1006810/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,

I have a new SATELLITE S50-B 15, i7-5500U, 8GB Ram, SSD etc. and iv been having a few issues with it.

for reasons unknown the CPU fan will start running at high speed even though the CPU temp has not reaching 35%.
it has also frozen about 10 times since I got it (April this year).

The only way to get it working again would me to hold the power button until off and start it back up.
Once started back up there is no mention of any problem in the event logs other than the forceful shutdown.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced any issues?

Thanks,

Chris

A:Satellite S50-B 15P - Fans running at high speed and system crash's

The only way to get it working again would me to hold the power button until off and start it back up.

Forcing shut down resets the fan activity and the performance?
Hmm? this sounds like there must be some kind of system issue? probably the some background processes locks the CPU and therefore the fan activity increases.

You could start the task manager and in the tab called ?Processes? you will find all background applications which would use the CPU.
Click on the CPU column to show all processes loading the CPU.

At the other hand you could also try to modify the ?cooling method? option which is available in Windows advanced power options.
Go to control panel → power options.
Here click on the power plan which is currently in use.
Then click on Advanced power options and navigate to Cooling method.
Here you can change this from active to passive.

Additionally you can decrease the max CPU state to 90%-05%

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82919-Satellite-S50-B-15P-Fans-running-at-high-speed-and-system-crash-s
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,

I have been facing similar problem described in links below:
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=66071
http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB0C032L0000R01.htm

I am using Windows 7 64-bit. I have tried upgrade my BIOS and fingerprint driver but the problem still not solved.

Can anyone suggests anything.
Really appreciate any help.

A:Satellite R830 Intermittent Hang up / Freeze with high fan speed

Hi

Try to uninstall this fingerprint software from the device manager and from control panel -> software.
Then reboot the notebook and clean the registry using the CCleaner tool which can be downloaded fro free since its freeware software.

Then reboot once again, go to BIOS, set it to default settings pressing F9 and save the changes before accessing the BIOS.

Then boot into the system and test the notebook behavior.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66815-Satellite-R830-Intermittent-Hang-up-Freeze-with-high-fan-speed
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello all

The CPU usage of my laptop shoots up to 25% (and beyond) and the fan speed increases dramatically after waking up, but only when I'm using an external mouse (Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000) - disconnecting the mouse once this has happened does not solve the problem, so I'm always forced to restart my computer if I have let it go to sleep with the mouse connected.

I've noticed that when this happens System Interrupts - Deferred Procedure Calls and Interrupt Service Routines appears in the Resource monitor>CPU>Processes, and seems to explain the increase in CPU usage.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be most appreciated.

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite R830-1GZ with Windows 7 (64 bit). This problem does not happen when I use the same mouse with another laptop (Dell with Windows XP).

Thank you very much.
CM

A:Satellite R830-1GZ - CPU usage high (>25%) and fan speed increase after wakeup

> The CPU usage of my laptop shoots up to 25% (and beyond) and the fan speed increases dramatically after waking up, but only when I'm using an external mouse (Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000) - disconnecting the mouse once this has happened does not solve the problem, so I'm always forced to restart my computer if I have let it go to sleep with the mouse connected.

I think the process which controls the MS WLan mouse does not close properly.
The system memorize this and therefore the cooling module starts to rotate faster because these process stresses the CPU.

Possibly its caused by the mouse driver?
Did you check if there is an update for the driver?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68415-Satellite-R830-1GZ-CPU-usage-high-(-25-)-and-fan-speed-increase-after-wakeup
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello and thank you for the support in advance I have High of loss docs L745-S4210 usage and CPU Satellite word Toshiba - used this service in the past for my computer with excellent results now I am trying to fix my daughters computer Here goes High CPU usage and loss of word docs - Toshiba Satellite L745-S4210 She was trying to access her school word docs and when she went to open them they were gone When she tried to go to the documents folder there is an error that stated the folder is corrupted When she try to run scan disk it fails There is continued high CPU usage I looked into the task window and it appears to be google chrome related but its hard to tell Computer details are as follows OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System Model Satellite L System Type x -based PC Processor Intel reg Core i - M CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date INSYDE SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C windows System Directory C windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version Should I be concerned I have Nortons internet security and found nothing and I also downloaded malwarebytes and there issues but only of these were malware Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:High CPU usage and loss of word docs - Toshiba Satellite L745-S4210

Bump. Did I miss something in the description

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573477/high-cpu-usage-and-loss-of-word-docs-toshiba-satellite-l745-s4210/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a Toshiba satellite s - and am having issues with the power I have looked up on countless forums and have been able to find people with similar issues but not the same Basically the issue is that it will not turn on sometimes and wont show any symptoms of having power Here is what i know about it The issue only comes up when i Satellite Issue Toshiba power off the Toshiba Satellite Issue laptop while it is unplugged None of the power indicators on the front light up however when you look at it in a pitch black room it is VERY faintly blinking indicator for when it is plugged in It turns back on usually after or so hours of messing around with it Pulling plug out and putting it back in Checking connections inside etc I have batteries as well as power adapters chargers trying different combinations of them do not seem to make a difference I have tried the method of unplugging and removing battery and holding the power button for around a minute no results from that method If anybody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated

A:Toshiba Satellite Issue

Have you checked the actual power jack connector? May be worth replacing it, since it's only a $10 part:
DC Power Jack w Cable Harness Toshiba Satellite S855 043 S855 044 S855 S5290P | eBay

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/toshiba-satellite-issue-277066/
Relevancy 69.23%

When I start my computer, it attempts to install a lot of "Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller" drivers, however there must be only one (also according to Device Manager only one works correctly too), however I can't seem to find a way to stop this process. Even if I remove all those extra 'devices' Windows reinstalls them. While they are installing (which takes about 10-20 minutes) my Keyboard and Mouse aren't responding. It's really annoying.
Here's screenshot of Device Manager: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2637453/OHCI.PNG

Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 68.8%

hey everyone ive been looking for similar problems but found none maybe you guys can help i have a toshiba satellite m and it has no hard drive even if it doesnt have a hard drive it should Toshiba satellite issue huge m40 be able to boot and tell me so my problem is st the laptop screen works sometimes meaning the laptop turns on but the screen is off but other Toshiba satellite m40 huge issue times it turns on fine now when the screen doesnt turn on i found that hitting it makes the screen appear and im not happy about hitting my laptop im just trying to get it to work nd when the screen does work the laptop gets stuck at the motherboard logo screen and does not move from there unless you hit it whats wrong with the dumb thing anybody help oh and like the thing is it does function the screen does turn on and the motherboard logo screen does change but u have to really hit it a few times other wise it freezes or the screen wont turn on ive ran linux off of a live cd on it so i know for a fact im right nbsp

A:Toshiba satellite m40 huge issue

It is time to have the laptop serviced by a qualified technician, or to buy a new laptop. If you are familiar with removing memory or hard drive, you can try reseating them. The video cable from the LCD panel to the motherboard may be pinched or loose

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-m40-huge-issue.140514/
Relevancy 68.8%

My house-mate recently bought a Toshiba Satellite A60 laptop machine. It appears to have a bit of an issue booting correctly.
On 60-75% of boot attempts the result is an error meesage indicating the driver for the onboard ATI display adapater could not start correctly and that the system will restart. On this second reboot the system invariably starts normally.
Any ideas on what could be the issue? Does this machine require a BIOS update?.. or perhaps it is an issue brought on by the patching of the preinstalled XP home with service pack2.

Any ideas gratefully recieved

A:Boot issue with Toshiba Satellite A60

Have you guys looked for a video driver update?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-issue-with-toshiba-satellite-a60.271327/
Relevancy 68.8%

So, the problem started when my dad told me various recharge lights would not come one. Low and behold after opening it up I noticed the Power Pin within the DC housing was not there, in fact it dropped directly into my hand while I was opening it... So after a great deal of experimentation in trying to fix it... I have given up, if I jiggle it for a little while the lights will come on for a second... Please look at diagram for what I believe is accurate~

The connector just behind the housing... is that a ground? my limited knowledge on, on-board circuitry prevents me from repairing this myself.

A:Toshiba Satellite A75-S209 DC Issue

if you can visually seek the break, then you know where it should connect in order to repair it. You need not know the polarity. But I don't recommend repairing this yourself unless you are good with a soldering iron. Take it to a shop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a75-s209-dc-issue.115282/
Relevancy 68.8%

Opened my daughter's laptop this morning and it seems like the LCD has "dissolved" in the left bottom of the screen. There's no identation on the screen or any sign of damage. The liquid crystal just seemed "smeared" or something in the corner. Any thoughts? I'm not a technie so sorry if I don't know all the terminology... I purchased this for her for Christmas at Office Depot so it's only a few months old. Please help! Thanks mucho!

A:Issue with Toshiba Satellite Screen

The LCD screen could have been damaged by placing a heavy object on the top of the closed laptop or by bumping or dropping. It doesn't take much... The LCD panel might be under warranty. Its worth checking into. Otherwise, it is expensive to replace. They cannot be repaired

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-toshiba-satellite-screen.97669/
Relevancy 68.8%

The mouse, out of nowhere, starts to go to the right or to the left and there is nothing to do to remove it from the place. Sometimes it stops and others doesn't. This problem prevents us from working. It has nothing to do with the mouse (we tried several) or with docking station because it happens without the docking station.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91700-Toshiba-Satellite-Z30-touchpad-issue
Relevancy 67.94%

Please direct me on where to go. I have a Toshiba Satellite U305 running windows Vista Home with SP2. I am trying to connect my Sprint OverdrivePro hotspot wirelessly and will not connect to internet. Connects to the wireless divice with local only connection but not to the internet. I have assured that the wireless is turned on. This happened to another wireless router (netgear) and was wondering if there is a fix. All my drivers are up to date.

Thanks

A:Connectivity issue with Toshiba Satellite and OverdrivePro

Might be that your TCP/IP protocol might not be enabled.

With the Sprint OverdrivePro plugged in go to Start type in CMD right click on CMD above select "Run As Administrator"

Type in

Ipconfig /all

post results here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/connectivity-issue-with-toshiba-satellite-and-overdrivepro-618877.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I purchased a used Toshiba Satellite 1730. The laptop has an ethernet jack in the back. 700mhz/128MB/ATI Rage Mobility/10GB HD in case your wondering.

All hardware is detected by Windows XP with exception of any kind of NIC.

On Toshiba's website there are Mini-PC LAN drivers (for Windows ME), but the spec's for the laptop do not list any NIC. It does list "accessories" and several different NICs though.

Linux is also oblivious to any NIC.

I updated the BIOS for the shear "fun of it" and possible miracle that it might help. No dice there.

Doubt anyone has any ideas, but hey if you have any experience with older Toshiba laptop's maybe you've had an experience like this.

A:Toshiba Satellite 1730 - Ethernet Issue

Go to www.lavalys.com and get the free Everest Home Edition.
That should tell you what hardware is in that laptop.
If you open it up, do you see any wires going from NIC-port to mobo, or is it just a dummy-port?
Some models have their active NIC on a docking station. Alternatively, you should be able to get a PCMCIA NIC.

Also check with http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/Toshiba,Laptop,Network-Interface-(NIC).aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-1730-ethernet-issue.24157/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505D and had to run the 5 dvd set recovery disk set. It locked up after disk 3 of 5 on original Hard Drive. Just found out after testing Hard Drive it is knocking. I installed New Sata Hard Drive and was going to try to rerun the Recovery DVD's again. Problem: New Drive is detected. However, my usb and dvd rom now do not work so, I am unable to restore to Original state. Any Ideas?

A:Issue with Restoring Toshiba Satellite L505D

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried reseting the bios to default and see if it then allows them to be discovered

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-with-restoring-toshiba-satellite-l505d-673251.html
Relevancy 67.94%

hello every one , ( i not so good in english but i will try to explain my probleme )
so i have a toshiba satellite p750-133 , whene i push the start botton it start , LED on , Fan work , but in 5 sec , it shutdown,
what's the problem ,
i checked the bios ( tried the hard reset ) , same problem ,
so please i realy need my pc , i'm programmer and i can't get new one ,
NEED YOUR HELP PPLEASE

Fawzi

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93003-TOSHIBA-SATELLITE-P750-with-start-up-issue
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi In my street there are several wifi connected properties that use the same provider Myself included My laptop has an issue whereby if it picks up too many of these signals if Toshiba Issue signal with C50-B-13N wireless on Satellite they re in use when I m online I presume I can t get online Connection says limited in the Network sidebar If I un-select connect automatically on the company specific signals mine works again briefly As soon as I select another signal to un-select the previous one defaults to selected and my signal generally goes again Main question then how the heck to do I stop this laptop trying to Issue with wireless signal on Toshiba Satellite C50-B-13N automatically connect to the other signals My connection is not a public one nor are the others I ve looked for an option but I really can t work out where it is Could my TV which has a modem like a TIVO have an effect on it I m using Windows Google Chrome shouldn t make a difference but thought I d mention it The signal for my property is down as the default Thanks for reading hope you can help Andrew nbsp

A:Issue with wireless signal on Toshiba Satellite C50-B-13N

I don't understand. Do you have a unique SSID (name of wireless network)? If you do, and have none of the others set for "connect automatically"there should be no attempt to connect to any other network.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-wireless-signal-on-toshiba-satellite-c50-b-13n.1161604/
Relevancy 67.94%

Ok, I am fully aware of the black screen of death issue, which I have along with everyone else who didn't pay attention when buying this comp, but this morning I tried to turn it on and I get a blinking battery light, but nothing else. I took out the battery and tired with just the AC Adapter plugged in, no blinking light, nothing. With the adapter unplugged and the battery in, I still get the blinking light. So I figured it had to be the adapter. I went out and bought a new adapter, but no dice. Anyone else have this problem? Know any possible way to fix this or what's causing it?

A:Toshiba Satellite A215 power issue

Bad motherboard... Or broken DC jack. You could try removing the hard drive and see if the notebook posts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a215-power-issue.112307/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi All,

I have the above laptop, downloaded Windows 10 - then uninstalled it as it made my machine mega slow.

The + and - buttons to alter the volume no no longer work on the laptop unless you press the FN key.

I went into the control panel to change that, did as I was instructed but I still have to press it to get any volume. I rang Toshiba helpdesk and they couldn't solve the issue either.

Also, the volume has to be turned up to at least 50 to get any sound out as you cannot hear it otherwise. Someone said to do something to the BIOS but i have no idea as I am not tech at all.

Any help would be great as I have tried You Tube and online and not had any luck.

Thanks all.

A:Volume issue on Toshiba Satellite pro laptop

This could be it:
https://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/HTD2503B90001R01.htm

I set it so that I can press F1 to F12 without holding the Fn key. When I did that then I had to press Fn key to adjust volume with the - + keys that are on the F9 and F10 keys.

Also you may want to open the volume mixer to see if other volume levels are less that the master volume.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71503-volume-issue-toshiba-satellite-pro-laptop.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi

i update my ati drivers and the realtek high definition drivers

i have 2 Controller High Definition Audio

and i can not disable one
one is for realtek

the other is of the video card
i disable it
reboot and it's enabled again

please help me?

thanks

ps i remember under xp i was able to disable the ati audio codec
under w7 , at every reboot , re-enable the second High Definition Audio
here is disabled

A:issue i can disable a douple Controller High Definition Audio

i just reboot and it's enabled again
and i run devmgmt.msc with the administrator rights

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/151927-issue-i-can-disable-douple-controller-high-definition-audio.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all

My LAN interface connects only with 100Mb/s speed with no reason though it is 1Gbit capable card (Intel 82577LC). I tried it with 3 devices (router, switch, PC directly) and a lot of cables, which are works with 1 GE speed between each other except for Toshiba laptop.

Did anybody meet this problem too? Is there any fix for it?

A:LAN 1G speed issue in Satellite R630-143

The integrated Intel 82577LC Lan card supports the 10 BASE-T / 100 BASE-TX and 1000 BASE-T network standards.

Usually you can change some LAN card options in the LAN card properties.
Go to device manager -> LAN card (Ethernet) -> click right and choose Properties.
Switch to ?Advanced? tab.

Now you should see all options which could be optimized

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71774-LAN-1G-speed-issue-in-Satellite-R630-143
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all,

Here is my issue. I have a Toshiba Satellite 6100 that needs a new CMOS "RTC" battery. At the same time, the hard drive will not boot into windows. I can get as far as the screen that asks if I would like to boot into safe mode, or start windows normally. After I select one the computer is freezes.

Now, I have tried to install two "working" hard drives with no luck. I keep getting a IDE #0 error during the POST. I know both of these drives are working as I have tested them in different laptops.

I have set all of the BIOS settings to default after installing each drive.

The only thing I can think of is that the CMOS battery is playing a part in this.

Anyone have any input.

Antil0ck

A:Toshiba Satellite 6100 hard drive issue

since your CMOS needs replacing, the BIOS is resetting and forgetting your hard drive bootup. replace the battery. Then reseat the drive and reset bios to what it should be. You should not have issues after that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-6100-hard-drive-issue.128424/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I'm having trouble fixing a Satellite C -A Laptop which was running Windows The main issue is a 'no bootable disk' bootable issue Toshiba C50-A 'no - disk'. USB Recovery Satellite error message The secondary issue which is Toshiba USB Recovery issue - Satellite C50-A 'no bootable disk'. stopping me solving the first issue is difficulty using the Toshiba USB recovery disk Any suggestions or advice on either of these problems would be much appreciated Troubleshooting this PC so far The laptop has only had months of light use I have no idea what caused the initial issue but it's now giving a 'no bootable disk' error message I'm not at all clear on how these recovery partitions are supposed to work And I'm not familiar with UEFI Secure Boot etc Does this error message mean that the boot partition and the recovery partition both became corrupted simultaneously Or are there some main boot files which might have become corrupt I used a Linux live CD to access the drive read-only and managed to recover data This would suggest to me that CD CPU and RAM are all working okay and the disk is still accessible I'm not sure if this is a correct assumption It looks as if Windows has got itself mangled during some quick hibernate process but I'm not competent enough to troubleshot a Toshiba partition Windows corruption issue from Linux So I reset the BIOS after using the Linux CD and purchased a Toshiba USB Recovery stick Ideally I'd like to just repair Windows if that is all that is broken and leave everything else as it was As a second choice a complete fresh install back to factory settings would be fine However I am having severe problems using the USB stick I have tried all USB ports and I am having the same problem on all of them It is taking hours and hours to load this recovery system It does appear to be working but in geological time I have to leave the PC for about hours after every mouse click before the next action is possible By this I mean it is hours of the little circle before anything happens Then hours again before a mouse cursor appears And hours again before a menu appears then hours again before I click which keyboard language and so on I have recovered netbooks from USB and laptops from CD before but this is a far slower response than I have ever seen before At this rate a normal install would take several weeks I'm not at all clear as to what is going on here I'm not sure if there is simply a fault with the USB stick from Toshiba or if this is indicating that there is a major underlying hardware fault with this PC I would have much preferred to get the recovery files on CD but this was not an option Is it possible to transfer the install files from USB stick to CD using another PC Apologies for asking multiple questions in the same post but I am not clear which question is most relevant to getting the machine functioning again Thanks

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85404-Toshiba-USB-Recovery-issue-Satellite-C50-A-no-bootable-disk
Relevancy 67.08%

Ok I have done a ton of research online about what could be wrong with my laptop But I cant find anything about my situation When I plug the charger in I get a blue charge light on and it stays on I dont have a battery so I cant tell you if it will charge But to my knowledge I dont even need a battery to turn on the laptop I can use AC When I hit the power button the power light next to the charge light turns on for - seconds and then shuts off I can do this over and over till I am blue in the face By the way when i hit the power button nothing happens inside the laptop at all No sound or movement Now i have tried to hold the power button with out it being plugged in for secs to mins and still the same routine I reseated the memory and also taken out the hard drive and DVD drive Still nothing Can someone help S6337 Toshiba Satellite Power Issue. P205 me to troubleshoot this machine PS does the fingerprint reader have anything Toshiba Satellite P205 S6337 Power Issue. to do with it not turning on nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite P205 S6337 Power Issue.

the fingerprint reader is for after post so not to actually turn it on
running off ac all the time may have knackered the connectrion where the power goes to mobo and also your cmos will be suffering also do you not get anything at all on the screen not even for a second?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-p205-s6337-power-issue.936031/
Relevancy 67.08%

My Toshiba laptop was working fine with the AC adapter plugged in the battery was on it s last breath and would not charge at all so I always had to keep it plugged it I had to move so I unplugged the laptop did not shut down After the move I tried turning it on and it would not The AC Led light is on so it s not the adapter The Battery light is amber and flickering it wasn t flickering before When I press the power button to power up the laptop - the Power and the CD DVD Led lights go on but not the HD light And the screen stays blank I hear no sounds seems the adapter issue in Toshiba AC power with pluged Satellite HD is completely dormant There are a few files on the HD that I absolutely have to have I m not too concerned with getting the laptop to be operational I just need to get those files and the laptop can be recycled Any ideas How to get it to power up at least once Toshiba Satellite power issue with AC adapter pluged in so I could copy the files nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite power issue with AC adapter pluged in

Try taking the battery out of the laptop and powering the laptop on (with the AC adapter plugged in obviously). Another option for recovering the files would be to get an adapter to connect the laptop drive to a usb port on another pc.

Example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232002

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-power-issue-with-ac-adapter-pluged-in.159678/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I recently had an issue with a Toshiba laptop that has me a bit concerned On (Internet Toshiba Satellite issues) + other Possible serious issue(s) Laptop. with the th of July I had decided to put my Satellite on standby to focus on other things at the moment sometime that afternoon Normally this didn t cause any problems and I was in fact able to save energy However though early that evening something did unfortunately Possible serious issue(s) with Toshiba Satellite Laptop. (Internet + other issues) go wrong I Possible serious issue(s) with Toshiba Satellite Laptop. (Internet + other issues) pressed the power button which woke the PC and got me back to the login screen I entered my password and for a bit things seemed to be going well And then it locked up in the middle of the process I waited a couple of minutes but to no avail I was forced to reboot After that everything seemed to be okay at first but then to my dismay the System Failure dialog came up I let everything run its course and after about half an hour it finally came up with the System Restore option I agreed to it and let it restart Unfortunately just when I thought everything was okay I noticed my internet connection was no longer available And neither was anything else network related for that matter Not even Help amp Support could start I soon discovered the ISATAP driver had stopped working code error but I doubt this was the only problem now eventually I discovered that although initial boot-up wasn t affected it now took up to minutes for Windows to load minutes I ve tried everything I can think of Safe Mode additional System Restores Disk checks sometimes w scanning for bad sectors and even virus scans no viruses at all Nothing s worked I am seriously considering either a format of the C drive or a clean re-install of Vista or possibly even both Can anybody offer any advice nbsp

A:Possible serious issue(s) with Toshiba Satellite Laptop. (Internet + other issues)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-serious-issue-s-with-toshiba-satellite-laptop-internet-other-issues.1011885/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,
I'm a complete novice i'm afraid so bear with me...
The Toshiba Service Station told me to update Toshiba Display Utility. The comments said I'd have to manually uninstall this component in order to for the updated component to install. So I uninstalled this item but then the updated version was no longer there for me to install.
How do I get this back? Step by step guidance please.....

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?86256-Satellite-L50-C-14U-Toshiba-Display-Utility-update-issue
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a power up issue with my Toshiba Satellite A505-S6033. About a month ago my laptop suddenly shutoff and is showing no power incoming/charging. When I try removing the charger and plug and holdong down the power button it ends up not doing anything andiI've tried for about 5 mins. It does however light up for a split second when I remove the battery and plug the adapter in; it makes the power led flicker red and out again. I'm thinking it was just fried/motherboard dead but since its lighting up I'm hoping that's not the case.

Relevancy 67.08%

My Toshiba sound/video seems to be on it's way out. All i get is crackling and video quality is slow and choppy. This has happened in the past but magically restores to good quality for no apparent reason. At start up sometimes the computer sounds like a Harley revving it's engine. The headphone jack gets the same crackling so I was thinking it isn't just the speakers.
Do i need a new motherboard?
I can still surf web and perform basic functions with it, just no sound/video.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-m55-s135-sound-video-issue.894868/
Relevancy 66.65%

hello dears ...
i just bought a new laptop which is toshiba L series with embaded AMD R7 M260 Graphis card 2 GB
and i dawnload the driver from AMD site and install ...but cant even open AMD redion settings
i also tried to clean all drivers and install again and again still not working
so please anyone who can help me ....

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92655-Toshiba-Satellite-L-series-AMD-R7-M260-graphic-driver-issue
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,

My Toshiba Satellite Radius 12 P20W-C-106 has a display pixelation issue: in videos, in dark or black scenes, images gets blocky, pixelated, also color contouring appears. The experience in watching a movie or a youtube video is painful.

I have no idea why is causing this. I switched all color profiles in Chroma Tune, also I have used a ICC profile (X-Rite i1 Pro) and the problem appears in all profiles. Maybe is a problem of calibration but I did not get to the bottom of this yet.

I have attached 2 images: check the jacket of the guy in the left (Sopranos) and the right side of the face of the monster (Star Wars).

Any ideas are wellcome!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94895-Toshiba-Satellite-Radius-12-P20W-C-106-display-pixelation-issue
Relevancy 66.65%

years ago i bought this laptop and months ago its was very lazy so i upgrade it to win and now with in months its laziest then before what i need is factory restore so i get back my original with issue Toshiba problem Factory a Default i have P300 satellite winVista which is in Recovery Partation hidden drive in Manuel its says turn off lapy and then turn on keep pressing F there will be option for Computer repair etc but there is no such option while i do that then i did some google search where it says turn of lapy and press hold Zero Numeric and press turn on which will take u i have a problem with Toshiba satellite P300 Factory Default issue direct to repair i did that too but there i get these options Windows Vista Server Pointer Windows Vista Server Windows Vista Server debug-default mode Windows Vista Server debug-legacy mode Windows Vista Server no slic-pointer Windows Vista Server no-slic Windows NT XP Loader Help Use the up down keys to highlight an entry Press enter or 'b' to boot Press 'c' for a command line now i have Recovery Partation drive as hidden and i have no idea how to restore factory Default Anyone who can help me

A:i have a problem with Toshiba satellite P300 Factory Default issue

Did you just hold F8 in on boot or were you continually tapping it ?

EDIT...Just read a link which advised to shut the laptop down twice and prior to the next boot, hold the 0 in and then switch on - this may give you the correct Recovery Menu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-have-a-problem-with-toshiba-satellite-p300-factory-default-issue-667880.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I recently acquired a brand new barely used Toshiba satellite c t and I slapped a gb ssd evo in it and reinstalled everything upgraded it from a windows pro I had Then formated it a given toshiba Issue and getting clean was slated Bios a but satellite Recently I'm it weird c55t and reinstalled windows clean I installed CIS Pro did the windows updates And all of the sudden Recently was given a toshiba satellite c55t and clean slated it but I'm getting a weird Bios Issue it started booting into PXE mode before windows booted So I got Recently was given a toshiba satellite c55t and clean slated it but I'm getting a weird Bios Issue into this atrocious UEFI Shell they have for this thing and looked around for the lan in boot sequence The boot order was fine with Lan being last Now I said the uefi shell was bad b c I can t remove Lan from the boot sequence list So it keeps booting PXE before windows and it gives me the option to hit esc and cancel out of it I always do but its a pita and I m wondering how I stop this from coming up when I can t remove it in the BIOS If I straight up turn the LAN adapter off it works but then the LAN doesn t work at all so I m basically stuck Maybe someone has more insight on this issue Recently was given a toshiba satellite c55t and clean slated it but I'm getting a weird Bios Issue I did a bunch of googling and I came up with nothing everyone wants you to remove the Lan option from boot sequence Well what if I can t nbsp

A:Recently was given a toshiba satellite c55t and clean slated it but I'm getting a weird Bios Issue

Not 100%, but the best I've got;

1. On another computer, download the official LAN driver from the Toshiba support website. On Toshiba laptop, go to Device Manager, uninstall LAN driver and driver software (tick). Install the official driver. Reboot into BIOS. Set to defaults. Reboot.

2. Set BIOS to default. Clean format.

PXE usually points to a HDD issue. But you say your computer boots just fine if LAN is disabled? That seems super odd to me. I'm not sure if it is software or hardware. My two cents until someone that knows what they're talking about shows up.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/recently-was-given-a-toshiba-satellite-c55t-and-clean-slated-it-but-im-getting-a-weird-bios-issue.55400/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there guys i have a majour issue with my huawei e data card modem i sold my Usb Version The E because i only used it on the laptop and the PCIMCA version is perfect for it so i only kept my E but i recently upgraded to a better Laptop the HP Compaq p ghz hdd gb ram running Vista business the problem is this laptop doenst install the card not at all and this laptop is not that big of a difference form my older one my older one was a HP Compaq NX also running vista Business both are x the only difference is little higher specs and the new one has Fingerprint reader firewire port sd-MMC card slot SC slot and S-Video out OK so this is what happens when i first inserted the Card the popup came up saying installing new hardware when i clicked on it it showed the same thing twice NEC PCI to USB open host controller NEC PCI to USB open host controller but nothing else the old laptop ran fine with the card and it was working perfectly same OS and all so i went to Device manager ind saw those same two things under universal serial bus controllers but and controller" please USB Laptop "NEC host help Issue, Hp PCI open me. to they had a quot quot with a yellow triangle behind them and if i open them it says quot ths device cannot find enough resources that it can use code quot in the Device Status block and if i click on resources it says the same what i have tried is the following i have disabled everything that i possibly could in the bios things like the serial ports firewire built-in Wifi Bluetooth exc and still no luck Hp Laptop and "NEC PCI to USB open host controller" Issue, please help me. i downloaded the latest Driver software from Vodafone Vodafone Mobile Connect V the same version i was using on the previous laptop on vista and installed that still no luck I went as far as Hp Laptop and "NEC PCI to USB open host controller" Issue, please help me. recovering the Laptop to its factory state using the HP recovery wizzard and first installing the Vodafone mobile connect software before inserting the Card and as soon as i insert the card after that boof same story i am having a Nightmare and searched on google for the whole day so far i cant find any sollution here to me it seems like a conflict in resources but conflict of what and where i have no clue im not that clued up with PC s i dont know how IRQ s and I O ports and stuff work Can someone please help me solve this coz if i dont get this right then i will have to try and sell my PCIMCA card and buy a New USB one which i dont prefer as the PCIMCA is always in my laptop and i never took it out much better and easier for me If i forgot to mention anything or more details is needed please shout OH no SP has been loaded as i said restord to factory settings thanks in advance guys Hennie nbsp

A:Hp Laptop and "NEC PCI to USB open host controller" Issue, please help me.

Part of the problem here is that the XP was installed with all those other devices active so it is reserving the resources for them.
I think if you re-installed XP with the other unused devices disabled, it would allocate the resources more efficiently.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-and-nec-pci-to-usb-open-host-controller-issue-please-help-me.845974/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi there guys i have a majour issue with my huawei e data card modem i sold my Usb Version The E because i only used it on the laptop and the PCIMCA version is perfect for it so i only kept my E but i recently upgraded to a better Laptop the HP Compaq p ghz hdd gb ram running Vista business the problem is this laptop doenst install the card not at all and this laptop is not that open "NEC help PCI controller" host me. Issue, please to USB big of a difference form "NEC PCI to USB open host controller" Issue, please help me. my older one my older one was a HP Compaq NX also running vista Business both are x the only difference is little higher specs and the new one has Fingerprint reader firewire port sd-MMC card slot SC slot and S-Video out OK so this is what happens when i first inserted the Card the popup came up saying installing new hardware when i clicked on it it showed the same thing twice NEC PCI to USB open host controller NEC PCI to USB open host controller but nothing else the old laptop ran fine with the card and it was working perfectly same OS and all so i went to Device manager ind saw those same two things under universal serial bus controllers but they had a quot quot with a yellow triangle behind them and if i open them it says quot ths device cannot find enough resources that it can use code quot in the Device Status block and if i click on resources it says the same what i have tried is the following i have disabled everything that i possibly could in the bios things like the serial ports firewire built-in Wifi Bluetooth exc and still no luck i downloaded the latest Driver software from Vodafone Vodafone Mobile Connect V the same version i was using on the previous laptop on vista and installed that still no luck I went as far as recovering the Laptop to its factory state using the HP recovery wizzard and first installing the Vodafone mobile connect software before inserting the Card and as soon as i insert the card after that boof same story i am having a Nightmare and searched on google for the whole day so far i cant find any sollution here to me it seems like a conflict in resources but conflict of what and where i have no clue im not that clued up with PC's i dont know how IRQ's and I O ports and stuff work Can someone please help me solve this coz if i dont get this right then i will have to try and sell my PCIMCA card and buy a New USB one which i dont prefer as the PCIMCA is always in my laptop and i never took it out much better and easier for me If i forgot to mention anything or more details is needed please shout OH no SP has been loaded as i said restord to factory settings thanks in advance guys Hennie

A:"NEC PCI to USB open host controller" Issue, please help me.

I depends what the resource issues are. I'd suggest posting over in the Hardware forums Laptop section: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f108/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nec-pci-to-usb-open-host-controller-issue-please-help-me-397412.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a laptop running XP home.I have plugged my new CD burner into the USB port and I am now getting the above message.I may be nuts,but I don't think I was getting this message 2 days ago when I first plugged the device in.
Device manager shows the followingno problems with devices)

USB root hub driver M/S 7/1/2001 V 5.1.2600.0
VIA rev5 or later USB universal host controller VIA technologies with same driver info

USB Mass storage device(cd burner)

Everything seems to be working fine.I am using the on board XP burning software with no problems.
If this is something that I can easily correct,I'd like to.

Have made no hardware or software changes after adding the burner.
Thanks for any info.

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there power with Satellite A75 Toshiba AC issue boot/power I have a toshiba A laptop that does not boot when on ac power without a battery beyond bios It shows Toshiba Satellite A75 boot/power issue with AC power the splash screen but then dies on normal boot When I have the battery in and the unit is powered off It does charge the battery When the battery is fully charged it will run and boot into windows but does not recognize the ac power at all It just drains the battery then when the battery is at it shuts off and this is while connected to AC power and the LED see s the AC power When on AC power I can boot into bios and it will sit there for days without a battery but when I try to get to the OS it just shuts down I have replaced the mobo twice I have replaced the hard drive as well The odd part is that with the hard drive out of the laptop I can get the laptop to run with out Toshiba Satellite A75 boot/power issue with AC power any power failures It just recycles the media device failure message but does not crash I have tested the power supply on other laptops and it seems to work just fine Any one have any ideas nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A75 boot/power issue with AC power

Since you have replaced the system board twice, this probably does not apply to you... but we have seen a number of Toshibas with the same or similar motherboard where the power jack on the board became loose or disconnected. A new jack had to be obtained and soldered back into position.
If you bought used boards or refurbished boards, this difficult jack problem could have been the cause. It requires a special cold solder technique and is awkward to access, but when done properly by an experienced tech, it can save a laptop.
There are several Dell Inspirons and Sony laptops with the similar problem.
We have seen costs in a shop as high as $160 for this repair... but the part is only $6.00 so I don't know how they justify the high cost.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a75-boot-power-issue-with-ac-power.129526/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello!

My toshiba doesn't want to boot,and I can't press F2,F8or F12.

I tried everything unplugging the battery,taking out the HDD, everything!!

And i can't do absoloutley nothing when i turn it on no button on the keybored does anything.

Please help!

A:Toshiba satellite P300 (-1CD) won't boot past toshiba splash screen.

Hello,

Perform the following steps:
-Remove the battery and Power adapter
-Press and hold the power button for 30-45 seconds (with battery and power still removed)
-Insert just the battery and attempt to boot the laptop.
-Insert just the power adapter and attempt to boot the laptop.

If still unsuccessful: Remember to remove battery and power before removing/installing components

-Remove the power and battery
-Remove the hard drive from the laptop and attempt to boot with the battery installed. Do you receive any error message?
-Remove the memory modules from the laptop
-Insert just the battery and attempt to start the laptop (you should receive beep error)
-Try inserting just one module of memory and test (swapping modules after each attempt)
-Remove the optical drive and test.
-Try disconnecting the CMOS battery for a few minutes then re-connect and try.

How to take apart a Toshiba Satellite P305 series notebook

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/toshiba-satellite-p300-1cd-wont-boot-past-toshiba-splash-screen-676312.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Missing Ethernet, Network, PCI Simple Communications, SM Bus and Universal controller drivers. This isn't my laptop, I'm just fixing it for a friend.

Someone on another forum asked for this information:
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_FB371179&REV_05
PC\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_FB371179
PC\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_020000
PC\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&CC_0200

I don't know if I need more, but I tried downloading plenty of driver to no avail.

A:Toshiba Satellite Satellite L875-S7209 network drivers missing

Hi for what OS is this for. have you been to toshiba support page for the drivers? should install the chipset driver first.

get drivers from here. http://support.toshiba.com/support/m...eeText=3466715

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/351243-toshiba-satellite-satellite-l875-s7209-network-drivers-missing.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
My laptop cannot tell me any post after the Toshiba logo just black screen. Cannot get into the bios or anything... These are the things I have tried:
Taken hard drive out,
Taken ram out and only tried one..
Taken Battery Cmos battery out for a few minutes..
Had a look at the motherboard and fan is not even working when I turn it on..
I have taken the cpu and put it back in..
Defiantly Sounds like the motherboard problem but want to know if its just a chip that needs to be replaced and soldered.. If anyone has any ideas that will be awesome.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-c650d-black-screen-after-toshiba-logo.219496/
Relevancy 58.48%

Recently, I reinstalled my Netgear wna3100 driver. Ever since then, I've been experiencing problems with high pings in games where I normally never had problems with. Pages load slowly even just the home page of Google.

I've attached my ipconfig picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:High download speed and signal, high ping in games, slow page loads

To Disable Selective Suspend:

open the control panel
go to power options (you may have to set view to small icons)
click change plan settings
in the window that opens:
click change plan settings
click change advanced power settings, expand usb and ensure usb selective suspend is disabled.

I would also (while the device is plugged in)
go into the control panel - system - device manager - click the properties for it and make sure it's set to always on there as well.
I don't think the ipconfig can tell us much here since it's a data rate problem of some sort and not a actual connection problem from the sound of it.

The two things I mention above will hopefully keep your system from putting the device in 'low power mode' which may , or may not help your current problem.

I'm also curious if your system has recently slowed down in any other ways?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217518-high-download-speed-signal-high-ping-games-slow-page-loads.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Back before I re-installed Windows I would get this message whenever I plugged my Ipod in quot hi speed USB device attached to a non hi speed hub quot and synching would take an absolute age The funny thing though is that my PC is high speed USB capable I ignored it for ages until I recently re-installed Windows Voila my problem was solved and when I plugged in my Ipod all was good I got no message and synching was as fast as it should be Until now I just plugged my Android phone in and Windows said it couldn t find drivers hub" speed attached to "High device speed a non USB high for it so I set it to automatically find them which it "High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub" did As soon as it registered my phone I got the dreaded quot hi speed USB device attached to a "High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub" non hi speed hub quot Now when I plug my Ipod in I m getting that message again and synching has gone back to a snails pace I went back and changed the quot Automatically find drivers quot back to the default setting it was on but that has changed nothing What s up here and how do I fix it I m using the same USB port the whole time and my PC is clearly capable of utilizing high speed it just seems that plugging in my phone has done something to screw it all up Any help would be MUCH appreciated as it will save me running off to work in the morning without my new podcasts cause synching is too slow Operating system is Windows bit It doesn t seem to be a hardware problem so I ll hold off on listing all of my specs unless something thinks it s important Thanks nbsp

A:"High speed USB device attached to a non high speed hub"

Is this a custom build or a store bought PC? Have you tried updating the Chipset / USB drivers?

If that doesn't work try going to Device Manager and Uninstalling the USB drivers (Windows will automatically Re install)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-usb-device-attached-to-a-non-high-speed-hub.1018818/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 57.62%

Would an A60 LCD screen work properly on a Satellite A75? I'm watching a system on ebay and it has a faulty screen. I have a working screen from a Satellite A60, and I would like to use it on the A75 system.

Thanks!

A:Toshiba Satellite A60 LCD Screen Installed On Satellite A75?

Nope, doesn't look like it.
The A75 has a 15.4" WXGA widescreen at 1,280 x 800
The A60 has a 15" XGA regular at 1024 x 768

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satellite-a60-lcd-screen-installed-on-satellite-a75.620903/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have wireless internet through my cable provider. My signal strenght varies from 5 to 48 mbps on most days. Why isn't the signal consistent and what causes my internet to get so slow. Is there anything I can do...call my cable provider?

A:High speed internet not so high speed

"call my cable provider?"

No. You are mixing up some terms, but it doesn't sound like this is an ISP problem.

For now I'm going to assume that you have cable internet service and a wireless router. If not, please describe. If so, please post the brand and model of your modem and router (or modem/router combo).

Wireless signal strength is usually given in terms of "n bars out of 5" or "good," "excellent," etc. What is yours, and does it vary? How close is the PC to the router, and what obstructions are in the way?

When your bandwidth varies from 5 to 48mbps it could be an adapter or driver or router problem, but more likely is wireless interference. Are there other wireless networks on your same (or close) channel?

Some people first just try changing channels (in North America the non interfering channels are 1, 6 and 11) without trouble shooting to see if that helps.

If you are having difficulty determining the channels of the networks you detect use NetStumbler for help: www.netstumbler.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-speed-internet-not-so-high-speed.655330/
Relevancy 57.19%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hi,

My motherboard has a usb 2.0 in it and when I put my thumbstick into it this ballon comes up saying High speed USB plugged into Slow speed usb hub how can I fix this?

Relevancy 55.9%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 55.9%

i tried to plug in my ipod and something pops up that says this: Hi Speed USB plugged into a non high speed port. and it transfers the songs real slow into my ipod. i dont have the driver discs. what should i do.

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi All,

I have an Adaptec USB 2 Connect 4000 B in my PC and just realized that two of the ports are not recognized as high speed. I was running off of the windows default driver so I went and updated the driver and after all ports were "optimized" I thought the problem was solved. However, now the computer does not recognize anything that is plugged into the card. I can roll back to the windows default but was curious if anyone has any thoughts as to why only 2 ports would come up as high-speed.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Hi-Speed USB ports not registering as high speed

Some hardware have USB 2.0 and 1.1 backward compability un seperate USB ports. It can also come from the device you connect and also the USB card's speed compared to your PC.

Try rolling back to the Windows default settings. If nothing can be detected still, that can be a presence of hardware defect. Return and exchange.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hi-speed-usb-ports-not-registering-as-high-speed-119828.html
Relevancy 55.9%

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

A:HIGH speed USB hub running at FULL speed.H

Quote: Originally Posted by wr332

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

First question... Are they high speed hubs?
I have an older 4 port Dlink here that's never run 480... looking into the chip on the internal circuit board, it turns out to be a 12mbps chip... you can slow them down, but you can't scare them into running faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/78300-high-speed-usb-hub-running-full-speed-h.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there.

I've a canon a480 digital camera and I'm connecting it to an asus m2n mx se motherboard. Both devices are high speed but the camera is recognized as a full speed device.

I'm running windows xp service pack 2. I checked the device manager and the enhanced usb host controller is listed and seems to be working OK.

So...I'm stuck...Any hints will be greatly appreciated!

A:USB high speed working only as full speed.

anyone ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-high-speed-working-only-as-full-speed.869792/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I've got a dual booting (Win 98SE/XP) Pentium II 400 MHz PC with a Aopen AX6BC Motherboard Bios 2.58. I tried connecting an external hard drive to the PC the other day and a message said I needed a High Speed Host Controller as one was not found, the Motherboard has only 1.1. I bought a PCI USB 2.0 Host Controller, installed it but the PC will not recognise it. Can someone tell me if I need to install a EHCI Driver when I can't even find OHCI in the BIOS Setup? I know a bit about the BIOS but not a great deal so can any help that's forthcoming please be in laymans terms, thanks.

A:USB 2.0 Host Controller help please

If it isn't recognized in either 98 or XP, I recommend changing the USB adapter for one that has a different brand of chipset on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-2-0-host-controller-help-please.1003333/
Relevancy 55.04%

i have pentium4 2.4ghzcpu,intel 845gvsr motherboard,128mb ram,samsung 40 gb hdd.i have xp os installed.whenever i start pc a message appears,"new hardware found"usb host controller,though i insert motherboard cd it does not installs hardware,what should i do?

A:usb host controller

windows has detected new hardware .. it will install the drivers for it if it can otherwise it will ask for a cd .. you can also check out windowsupdate.com
cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-host-controller.368341/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I plugged in my wifi adapter in the usb slot I got the message saying I had a high speed device in a non high speed usb port. This left me a little puzzled since this is a fairly new mobo [Dfi LanParty nf4]. It recommended me getting a High Speed USB 2.0 host controller, so I checked my mobos disk and it had nothing under USB so I'm out of luck. The adapter says its running at 54mbps, so is there no problem?

Thanks,
AJ

A:Usb 2.0 host controller?

Is your windows XP SP2, if it isn't you need to update it to SP2. If it is SP2 go to My Computer, then view system information, then hardware, then device manager, then click the + next to Universal serial bus controllers, then uninstall all USB controllers, then restart. Once you start up in windows XP and plug in your Wifi card it will search for USB controllers, if any boxes come up just press next and let windows scan and install the drivers( USB drivers come with SP2, you dont need a CD). This should solve the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-2-0-host-controller.67285/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey Guys I ve got two GB HDs in RAID configuration which have been working perfectly They contain all my music movies and personal docs which I ve collected over the years I have only just made this configuration as I was trying to speed my PC up I d recently cloned my C onto a rpm HD and while I was update SATA controller/RAID controller serious Solved: issue doing this I joined the spare HD that resulted to another one I had in the machine in RAID and after a lengthy process of copying files back and forward from laptop drives etc I now had a perfecty working PC with a faster c drive and faster storage area for my non-windows files d in RAID - GB Then last night I get a windows update for a SATA controller I install it thinking nothing of it rebooted the pc and now my RAID drive is not recognised Solved: SATA controller/RAID controller update serious issue It doesn t show up in My Computer or in Computer Management I hoped this was just a driver issue So I went into device manager and looked at all the SATA controller driver properties and there was only one RAID controller with the option to roll back - so I rolled this driver back and it made no difference My RAID drive is not registering with windows When I boot the computer after BIOS is finished doing its thing I get a RAID utility come up Solved: SATA controller/RAID controller update serious issue and it says my RAID configuration is healthy so I m guessing and praying that it s just a driver issue and that it can be Solved: SATA controller/RAID controller update serious issue resolved without me loosing a whole heap of important important to me files Is there anyone out there that can help with this Many thanks in advance c lio Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P N -E SLI PLUS Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: SATA controller/RAID controller update serious issue

SOLVED:

Went into Control Panel, Device Manager, Storage controllers and uninstalled all the entries in there, rebooted and windows reinstalled them all. Now back to my perfect little setup!

Woohoo!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sata-controller-raid-controller-update-serious-issue.1049412/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
I have just reinstall my operating system and everything goes smoothly except that I found an yellow exclamation mark in 'NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller' under Universal Serial Bus Controller.However when I turn off my PC,I encountered problem in swithing on again.I have to continuously press the startup button in order for it to boot again.Is that yellow exclamation mark the cause of this problem?If not,then what has happen to my PC?How do I get rid of that eclamation mark?I am running on windows XP Pro Serv.Pk2.Thank you for your advice and rescue!

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I found this old thread which relates exactly to the problem I am experiencing Ricoh SD Host Controller -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am able to install this and get an updated driver off windows update HOWEVER in device manager I see this message with a yellow quot quot This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this Host driver SD Controller device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution SD Host Controller driver available Any ideas how to fix this And there was this answer RE Ricoh SD Host Controller I figured SD Host Controller driver out the problem I have the Inspiron so your mileage may vary When I updated the device Ricoh SD Bus Host Adapter under SD host adapters in device manager it messed up the Ricoh MMC Host Controller So I went to device manager and rolled back the latest version for the SD bus Host Adapter I am now using version dated and the problem was fixed So the MMC controller device driver wasn't really the problem It was just the symptom Hope this helps quot BoDEAN quot wrote I have tried to do the same but my quot driver roll back quot link is faded and therefore not available Each time I uninstall and then install the driver it says the driver is up to date version but in Device Manager I still got the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark and needles to say the SD card slot does not work Any further help with this will be most appreciated Thanks

A:SD Host Controller driver

Hi,

Please go to your PC's manufacturers website & download the original/ updated by them driver.

This will fix the problem.

If you need further help please provide the make, model & operating system information to get the links. OK?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/292551-sd-host-controller-driver.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Yesterday, my usb 3.0 host controller seems to have stopped working. I have tried enabling/disabling controller from BIOS, reinstalling drivers, finding different drivers, and reinstalling my mobo CD, but to no avail. (Yes, i already tried searching).

It does not show up in windows device manager at all, but when i plug my mouse into the ports, the LEDs light up, but the system does not detect it (nothing happens, no chime or anything).

How would i go about fixing this issue?
Thanks in advance

A:USB 3.0 host controller not found

Hello joffua. Welcome to the forum.

I have to assume this controller is on the motherboard? What brand and model is it?

If it were mine I would be checking out the MB manufacturer's forums about the board to see if others were having the same issue.

If you fill out your "My System Specs" under your Profile then others here could look too!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/186798-usb-3-0-host-controller-not-found.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, I bought a USB audio recording interface and in the fine print contained in the manual it says that VIA USB host controllers are not compatible. Can the host controller be changed or is this a motherbooard issue?

Relevancy 54.61%

Today I got a WD usb 3.0 PCI-e card. WDBFJ0000NNC

I installed the software on the CD it came with. Then I put the card into a free PCI-e slot. When I restarted the computer, windows gives a message that the device driver was not successfully installed. Specifically the "NEC Electronic USB 3.0 Host Controller". Any external hard drives (All WD drives) I plug it is not registered by windows.

In device manager the "NEC Electronic USB 3.0 Host Controller" has a caution (exclamation)on it.
If I look at the card, it lights up so power isn't a problem.
Does anyone know how to get the card to work?
I don't know much technical language so any simple instructions would be appreciated.

motherboard: Intel H67 Revision B3
CPU: I5-2310

A:USB 3.0 Host Controller not found

Hi,

You should have plugged it in first, and then installed the software.

Uninstall the software, reboot, and then try and install it again. Leave the device in the PCI-e slot.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/256494-usb-3-0-host-controller-not-found.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My SD card slot does not work.
I am able to install this , and get an updated driver off windows update.
HOWEVER, in device manager, I see this message with a yellow "!"

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers
required for this device. (Code 31)

Have carried out an sfx /scannow but no corrupted files are reported.
Any ideas how to fix this?

My computer's make is Advent and I cannot get any joy from anyone online regarding my problem. I have posted to the Advent's forum and again, no one seems to know or answer.
These are the details:
Advent fp9004
Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

If you can provide a link to a driver's update, will this install automatically after downloading, or do I need to force the installation and what is the recommended way?

I would be very grateful for any information.
Ton

A:Ricoh SD Host Controller

Hello & welcome to sevenforums,

If you get an updated driver from Windows Update it means its on your computer now, you could manually try to install the Ricoh driver from the Device Manager .

from the device manager right click, search manually on your computer the path.

Follow this tutorial:
Driver Install - Device Manager

You could try to locate the driver name in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

If not working...the only link i founded for ricoh drivers v6.0:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37501-38000/sp37872.exe

Download the softpack sp37872 and extract it with 7-Zip for 32-bit Windows

Before:
Create yourself a restore point

Run the Setup.exe inside the extracted folder sp37872.

Note:
You can also manually install the driver from the Device Manager by pointing the search to look at the extracted softpack sp37872 if running the setup.exe doesn't work properly on your machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/187071-ricoh-sd-host-controller.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have the Tascam US-122. I have pops and crackles with it. Tascam told me to:
Verify that there are no IRQ conflicts:
Below is a procedure to check IRQ settings.
My Computer Right Click
Mange
Device Manger
View
Resources by Connection
Interrupt Request

USB Universal Host Controller (Verify that there is not another device using the same IRQ number)
If the USB Universal Host Controller does have the same number as another device, you will have to install a PCI or PCM USB port and configure it to an IRQ number that is not currently being used by an other device.

My device manager has more than one thing with an IRQ number of 10. Is there a way to change this?

(i've tried every other solution to fixing the pops and crackles and tascam told me this was the last possible thing it could be)

thanks for ur help

A:IRQ Universal USB Host Controller

No need to change this, it's normal operation. Trying to "fix" this will improve nothing, and will most likely break something.

I doubt this will have anything to do with noise in your sound card. The only time I've experienced this issue, it was a PCI bus latency issue with the VIA chipset and some audio cards. I was never able to get a 100% resolution to the problem, and I've moved on to better hardware and left it behind.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/irq-universal-usb-host-controller.428935/