Windows Support Forum

Memory fault

Q: Memory fault

i've just tested my memory and repeatedly got a fault at memory address 38d73fd4, is there a way to avoid this memory address so i can still use the memory stick without my computer crashing occasionally as it is at the moment.

Also how can i find out which memory stick this memory address belongs to?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Memory fault

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Memory fault

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The easiest way to find out which stick of ram is causing you problems, is to run Memtest on each stick individually.

Once you find out which stick of ram is faulty, your only option is to replace it.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-fault.37314/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Friends,

Please help me !!

I have Gygabyte Motherboard with two RAM's installed,

The problem is, My statem is hanging up always, so i removed one RAM from Motherboard then I started system, System is working fine without any hang-ups after removing one RAM, so i think one RAM is fault,

What should i do now? Is there any software to check/repair faulty RAM's. ??

Thanks ,

A:Help - Memory Fault?

Take the stick of RAM you removed and exchange it with the one stick in the system now. If it works fine, then move it to the slot where it didn't work before. See if it works. If it doesn't, try the other stick. If it doesn't then the RAM slot is no good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-memory-fault.758370/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all, I have installed W7 on an older model PC. The problem seem sto be with RAM, so I was wondering if it is maybe the OS or the motherboard. The motherboeard states the following:

Supports DDRII 533/400 up to 2GB Memory
Available with 2 DIMM slots supporting up to 2GB of DDRII 533 memory, GA-8VM800PMD-775 provides the highest performance platform with the high-bandwidth (4.2GB/s) mainstream DDRII memory solution.
Note: Use of a Double-Sided memory module (the single chip is 512 Mbit) is required if you wish to install a 1 GB memory module.

(specs from webpage)GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - GA-8VM800PMD-775

There are 2 1gig chips in, 1 speed 667 and the other 800. I have a problem with them working together, do you have any advice? It also sometimes shows 1.5gig and the 1gig.

I have scratched in the Bios aswell, but I dont see a higher speed than 266 in its memory settings

Please help,

Thanks all

A:Memory Fault

533 divided by two is 266.5 the 533 is the double date rate (DDR)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/30588-memory-fault.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey,

I didnt know where else to go, so i found this forum, and i hope someone can help me.

Heres the jist, i now run Windows XP. Now i recently got 2 games that i loved like 7 years ago, Transport Tycoon and Colonisation. Now these used to work perfectly on windows 95. I can run colonisation fine without any problems. However when i go to play Transport Tycoon the screen just closes on me. When i go in through DOS Prompt and run the Batch File (it runs through batch) it just pauses and i get an error:

Abnormal Program Termination: Memory Protection Fault

Is there a way to get around this, as i would really really like to play this game

Thanks

A:Memory Protection Fault

Here's an ideas page for you on how to get, hopefully, DOS games to run with XP which has no actual DOS shell which is why you're having problems.

http://www.longhighway.com/sandbox/xp.html

Some usefull tips here about emulation and so on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-protection-fault-13764.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
I am trying to solve a problem for our webmaster. He gets an error message when working on Internet explorer that we can not seem to fix. the error message is 0x7dd26378 at 0x00000001 "memory could not be read". I have tried googling the problem but so far have not come up with any answers.
We do not use any add-ons or toolbars so I know that this could not be the problem. Also it won't debug the problem and instead just closes all ie windows. Please could anyone shed any light on this for me??

Many Thanks

Keith Brittain

A:iexporer.exe Memory fault PLEASE HELP

which version of msie are you using? is it just your computer? maybe try to reset your msie to defaul settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/iexporer-exe-memory-fault-please-help-293335.html
Relevancy 51.6%

UPDATE So i Memory Diagnosing Fault opened up the back and found that someone at some stage had either replaced or added an gb stick of RAM It looks like they did Diagnosing Memory Fault it without properly removing the cooler and the stick wasnt clipped down properly Is it worth bothering removing the cooler and reinstalling the stick to see if its any good or just Diagnosing Memory Fault replace it at a later date i still have gb of Ram left on a laptop Cheers Hey guys i'm having a problem with my laptop it sporadically BSODs maybe once a day playing games I ran mdsched exe and it says that it has detected a memory error and i should contact my manufacturer Specs MSI Dominator G PC GB DDR Ram M I If its just a RAM problem i would like to just replace it but i don't know how to find out if its one stick or both I did some reasearch about trying to find a log file for mdsched exe and found some info in the system viewer They mean nothing to me can anyone give me some advice as how to better determine if it is a RAM fault or GPU Memory or Thanks EVENT ID - lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results Guid F BC - F- - A -E E C gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID ThreadID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt DOMINATOR lt Computer gt lt Security UserID S- - - gt lt System gt - lt UserData gt - lt Results xmlns http manifests microsoft com win windows Reliability Postboot Events gt lt CompletionType gt Fail lt CompletionType gt lt Results gt lt UserData gt lt Event gt EVENT ID - lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Results Guid F BC - F- - A -E E C gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID ThreadID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt DOMINATOR lt Computer gt lt Security UserID S- - - gt lt System gt - lt UserData gt - lt Results xmlns http manifests microsoft com win windows Reliability Postboot Events gt lt LaunchType gt Manual lt LaunchType gt lt CompletionType gt Fail lt CompletionType gt lt MemorySize gt lt MemorySize gt lt TestType gt lt TestType gt lt TestDuration gt lt TestDuration gt lt TestCount gt lt TestCount gt lt NumPagesTested gt lt NumPagesTested gt lt NumPagesUnTested gt lt NumPagesUnTested gt lt NumBadPages gt lt NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt T NumBadPages gt lt Results gt lt UserData gt lt Event gt

A:Diagnosing Memory Fault

Also i reran Mdsched.exe and got no errors with the stick removed 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627126/diagnosing-memory-fault/
Relevancy 50.74%

I keep getting the above error and a shut down / lock of my system. I have monitored the tempature of the CPU and this is fine and well below 40c and there is no one temp that is consistant. I have a Asus P4t board with a P4 1.5gh processor and 4 256 sticks or RAM in place which are ECC. I have looked at the BIOS and everything looks good. Any ideas?

A:Virtural Memory Parity Fault

Hi and welcome. How many ram chips do you have? If more than one, can you test each separately to see if the error remains?

Oops, I see you have 4 chips, I'd start there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtural-memory-parity-fault.131166/
Relevancy 50.74%

If you look at my minidump upload you will see lots of issues I have had since getting Windows 7. The majority all revolve around my video card which Microsoft said I had a faulty card. HOWEVER, win 7 only likes its version of the driver for my card and not the manufacture and problem was fixed.

I have had this system since Dec. 2008 and ran Windows XP with out any trouble for anything. Upon migrating to Win 7 I have had more BSODs than I care to count. The recent issue is memory crashing. I have run the diagnostic test Win 7 provides and still can not determine what the issue is.

Thanks for all your help!

Eric

A:BSOD Memory_Management Memory Fault

Quote: Originally Posted by Obviousczech

If you look at my minidump upload you will see lots of issues I have had since getting Windows 7. The majority all revolve around my video card which Microsoft said I had a faulty card. HOWEVER, win 7 only likes its version of the driver for my card and not the manufacture and problem was fixed.

I have had this system since Dec. 2008 and ran Windows XP with out any trouble for anything. Upon migrating to Win 7 I have had more BSODs than I care to count. The recent issue is memory crashing. I have run the diagnostic test Win 7 provides and still can not determine what the issue is.

Thanks for all your help!

Eric

Hello Welcome to SF,

The Dump is pointing to your Memory. Run the H/W Diagnostic. If you have any third party Antivirus / Firewall uninstall it and see whether that makes an difference. If your Overclocking please stop doing. Check with your vendor and see whether you have any latest BIOS Firmware updates

Quote:
Run the Memory Diagnostic & HD Diagnostic
Start > CMD > Right Click and Run as Administrator > SFC /SCANNOW

Code:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000005003, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffff70001080000
Arg3: 000000000000186d
Arg4: 000000000546b019
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_5003
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002b3526c to fffff80002ac5f00
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`072e1738 fffff800`02b3526c : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00005003 fffff700`01080000 00000000`0000186d : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`072e1740 fffff800`02aec353 : 00000000`00000000 00000001`0d6b2121 fffffa80`030fd6b0 fffffa80`06d2aec8 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x297b1
fffff880`072e17d0 fffff800`02ae1d9e : 00000000`00000000 000007fe`fa82bb00 fffff683`ff7d4158 fffffa80`06d2aec8 : nt!MiResolveProtoPteFault+0x1d3
fffff880`072e1870 fffff800`02adff23 : 00000000`00000000 000007fe`fa82bb00 ffffffff`ffffffff fffff800`00000000 : nt!MiDispatchFault+0x1de
fffff880`072e1980 fffff800`02ac3fee : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06d27b01 00000000`00000000 : nt!MmAccessFault+0x343
fffff880`072e1ae0 000007fe`fa82bb00 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
00000000`000ed5c8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x7fe`fa82bb00

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+297b1
fffff800`02b3526c cc int 3
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1
SYMBOL_NAME: nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+297b1
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: nt
IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a5bc600
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_5003_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+297b1
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_5003_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+297b1
Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/69671-bsod-memory_management-memory-fault.html
Relevancy 50.74%

So I've been playing games like Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 on my PC.

I have 4gb of ram. Only 2.5gb of it is recognized. I only have 32 bit XP so I can only get 3. Does anyone know where the other 500mb is going?

So, people have the same video card as me (9800 GX2) and get 60fps on ultra high all the time. I get that but it slowly deteriorates to 15 fps or 20s. Alt-Tabbing out of the game fixes it temporarily.

People have told me this is a memory leak. Is this my RAM? Or is it the game? Some people have the same problem but some people don't. How do you fix it?

Thank you in advance.

A:Is a memory leak the hardwares fault and how do I fix it?

How much memory does the 9800 have? That's probably where most of the 500 is going. The 32 bit address system has to be able to address everything within the 4 gig limit. About .75 gigs is reserved as you know already, regardless if its used or not, but it also has to have address space available for any add on cards that are put on the system and video usually takes a large chunk of that addressable space below 3.25 gigs.

Memory leaks are caused by software. The cures are software updates, patches or not using the offending software. If you look at the Task manager process memory usage and find one that's extraordinarilly high that's probably the cause. It might be the game or it might be some other interaction when you're playing the game. If all security software is halted and minimum services are running and you still lose fps try checking with those who don't have the problem and see if they installed any patches or updates that you didn't or are running a bit different version. If it happens with all the games you play then I have to think the problem might lie elsewhere, possibly the video drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-a-memory-leak-the-hardwares-fault-and-how-do-i-fix-it.770323/
Relevancy 50.74%

We have a number of HP Z600 workstations that were upgraded with additional memory. After rebooting the system reports:207-Incompatible DIMMs detected slot CPU1 DIMM1203-Memory module failed self-test and the failing rank was disabled slot CPU1 DIMM1.The BIOS indicates DIMM1 as ERRDiagnostics show the memory module at the correct size and speed but its part number does not fully populate.When the DIMM is removed the system still reports the 203/207 error.I have tried to update the BIOS with the latest version, apply default setup and clear CMOS but the device still reports an error with DIMM1 (populated or unpopulated). All other DIMMs work fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-Workstation-203-207-Memory-Fault/td-p/5829718
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Everyone I used to run and more Adobe and or Macromedia applications plus Explorer windows at a time without any problems But a few days ago my computer suddenly started acting out As soon as I open more than Explorer windows it freaks out and won t even let me open a notepad or another browser windows and sometimes even showing a quot Minimum Memory Low quot message Taskbar shows that my CPU Usage is fine I have running processes and most of them are duplicated For instance I have quite a few iexplorer exe plus explorer exe and about a dosen Memory fault? Explorer's issue: of svchost exe which are quite disturbing but probably not the reason AVG didn t find anything Ad-Aware killed some cookies HiJack log is below I did maximized my page file - didn t help I have a bad feeling about this can anyone suggest any ideas Could it be another stupid glich that came with Explorer update Thanks -Jenya My HiJackThis report Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Memory issue: Explorer's fault? exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv Memory issue: Explorer's fault? exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS ATK Hcontrol exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKserv exe C WINDOWS ATK ATKOSD exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Sony HotKey Utility HKWnd exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files YPOPs YPOPs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgw exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgwb dat C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Memory issue: Explorer's fault? Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google goo... Read more

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all I have a Kingston G USB memory stick GB - formatted with FAT I use this stick a lot and is it a work USB Just recently my home PC has not been wanting to play ball with it This is what happens - I plug my stick into ANY Stick 100 USB With Fault Kingston Memory G2 Intermittent USB port on the PC - No automatic detection no automatic drive letter assignment not in Disk Management - After minutes OR a forced refresh in Disk Management the device will detect THEN either - The device shows up is detected drive letter assigned and can be accessed as normal - Windows reports that the device needs to be re-formatted and appears as a RAW file system in Disk Managment Before Intermittent Fault With Kingston 100 G2 USB Memory Stick you ask me to just re-format the disk I do have backups read this - The memory stick works on any other PC laptop fine including my Win x at work XP Pro x on a laptop and in Fedora Linux - and every other PC laptop it has been plugged into - My other memory stick a Intermittent Fault With Kingston 100 G2 USB Memory Stick Kingston DT GB detects as normal - everytime So this means the following - The memory stick is fine Its not defective - The USB Bus controllers on my HOME PC Intermittent Fault With Kingston 100 G2 USB Memory Stick the one with the problem are working - Disk Management service s are working as normal correctly assigning drive letters The only odd thing I can see is in Device Manager in which this keeps showing up WPD FileSystem Volume Driver w Error I have never seen this before It doesn't normally show up I can only guess this is causing the problems What I have tried - Various ports on the PC - Safely ejecting and then reconnecting - Uninstalling the device driver - Kingston G USB driver - Uninstalling the device driver for the odd problematic WPD FileSystem Volume Driver - Disabling the device driver for the odd problematic WPD FileSystem Volume Driver My Configuration Windows Ultimate x w SP Intel i Ghz GB RAM ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I was just wondering if anyone knew of this problem I'm going to continue trying to solve this myself but any recommendations of things I can try are most welcome Thanks in advance Dan

A:Intermittent Fault With Kingston 100 G2 USB Memory Stick

Just giving you guys a running follow up of things I am trying.

I backed up all the files again, from one of the tries when it does connect and detect properly.

I then Safely Removed, and reconnected. The problematic 'You need to format this disk' (Disk management, File System: RAW) came up, I said okay to formatting the device. Windows built in formatter went a bit crazy, and then told me it was unable to perform the format.

Weird.

I also found this article - Correcting the DREADED Vista Problem - USB Device Not Reconigsed

And I have tried the suggested point the drivers manually task - which hasn't really done anything. Worth a try though.

I will say this, I did install TrueCrpyt when I got it. But the whole thing failed miserably, and I gave up. I have reformatted the drive since then using MiniTool Partition Wizard (Home Ed.) - and this seemed to make the device work. Up until now.

I remember when I set this up, it did something regarding mounting drive I: (which is the drive letter which the USB stick is auto-assigned). I shall try quickly, assigning it something further down the alphabet and see what happens.

FYI: I don't have TrueCrpyt installed anymore. So if it is causing any issues, then I'm guessing its remnants in the registry?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236288-intermittent-fault-kingston-100-g2-usb-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys, I've been having some BSOD's since forever and I can't open this dmp files so I wonder if any of you might help me. Thanks in advance, I attached the required files.

A:BSOD everytime, page fault and memory management mostly.

New dump file from other BSOD
https://***************/files/1113606...20619-2223.dmp

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235925-bsod-everytime-page-fault-memory-management-mostly.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have troubles with system stability crashes and glitches in software This computer is for my work visualisation rendering -Most full system crashes occur when listening music and high demand software rendering pre computation rendering saving files mb -I frequently use gb ram for rendering of gb -Occasionally before crashing the system will be stuck in a state music will continue playing for short while can still navigate between applications but cannot open anything new -Crysis will occasionally non fault BSOD, in area management, memory paged crash when I played it Glitches include -Rendering crash something like error in the pre computation files BSOD, memory management, fault in non paged area -Recently experienced windows explorer not refreshing files lists names -music pausing or stuttering during intensive application after closing the application the music will have large breaks between songs and when seeking becoming more frequent recently OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x Bit What was original installed OS on system Windows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Self installed OEM Age of system hardware Roughly months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Orignal installation CPU i k ghz runs reasonably cool ish under work ish under stress test Video Card HD shaders unlocked with switch MotherBoard Asrock Z extreme gen Power Supply - brand amp wattage Antec TruePower TP- W Ram Corsair CMX GX M A C GB x GB DDR Tests completed -Have run prime at least over hours- no problems -Have run memtest passes on all four sticks -Have run memtest on individual sticks in slot amp passes - no problems at least hours worth -Have run linx - no problems -Have run windows memory diagnostic - no problems -Have run windows check Disk - no problems ---I cannot reproduce any crash at my command--- HDD -System drive OCZ Agility GB SSD quot filling up very fast need to upgrade -Original Data Drive Samsung SpinPoint F TB HD SJ -New Data Drive Seagate Barracuda TB ST DM old drive changed to backup I would like to find the cause before some system files become corrupted or something I don't have trouble buying new ram if my sticks are bad but it could be software motherboard cpu -- don't sure I would love if you can help me find the cause and fix I would actually buy you a cake if I could somehow I have attached the files from the output Thanks

A:BSOD, memory management, fault in non paged area

Code:
22528 16/10/2009 5:56:42 PM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Seagate\DiscWizard\bootwiz.sys"
22528 16/10/2009 5:56:42 PM "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Seagate\MediaBuilder\bootwiz.sys"
19008 14/07/2009 11:19:10 AM "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\wimmount.sys"
68096 14/07/2009 10:06:38 AM "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\1394.inf_amd64_neutral_0b11366838152a76\1394bus.sys"
19008 14/07/2009 11:19:10 AM "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\wimmount.sys"
68096 14/07/2009 10:06:38 AM "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\1394.inf_amd64_neutral_0b11366838152a76\1394bus.sys"
Not sure what those drivers are for but they def out of date
Start with updating your system drivers

Now the error you have mentioned about "memory_management_fault in non paged area" and your dump files are referring to memory corruption as well
I know you have tested your memory but what understood was that you ran the test on all the sticks at same time that actually does not work
so follow this
BSODs can be caused by the hardware issues as well. Most common is the memory corruption. It is very important to run memtest on single stick of RAM at a time in troubled computer. Running test on all RAM sticks at once does not give accurate results
1) Download memtest
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool (.iso file)
2) Burn that on a CD, as a bootable image
3) Turn your computer off
4) Remove all but one RAM stick from your computer
5) Boot your computer with memtest cd
6) Run 8 ? 11 passes on that stick
7) Shutdown the PC
8) Take the tested RAM stick out and plug in the next RAM stick
9) Boot again with memtest CD and run 8 ? 11 passes
Repeat the process until all RAM sticks are tested individually

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-memory-management-fault-in-non-paged-area-641262.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This first started out as a problem installing some of the larger programs such has Adobe CS and Microsoft Office I had a seperate thread on that located here Memory at Fault? Sticks or Mobo failed, Memtest http www techspot com vb topic html After a lot of troubleshooting I believe that my problem exists in the RAM I ran the memtest for both sticks of ram individually and they both failed The first stick will cause my computer to reboot in the middle of the test The other stick I will get a message that says unexpected interrupt Memtest failed, Mobo or Memory Sticks at Fault? halting CPU So here s my question Is the memory sticks at fault or my mobo I want to go ahead and ask for advice so I know if I should buy new RAM or get my mobo replaced These are my specs for my computer AMD Athlon Dual-Core Processor GHz GIgabyte GA-MA -UD Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition V SP Corsair Dual Channel TWINX MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB Can someone confirm that I m using the right memory It s not listed on the Gigabyte s website as one of their supported ones but it also says that many are not listed Any help on this would be great I ve tried testing the memory on other slots with same results and tried cleaning it with an eraser Thanks nbsp

A:Memtest failed, Mobo or Memory Sticks at Fault?

Your board specs say PC2 9600 or DDR2 1200 memory, like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227347

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memtest-failed-mobo-or-memory-sticks-at-fault.124260/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys

My new i7 system has been running not a day without a BSOD
Everytime i get crashes which contain message which make me think it is the memory

But after 3 new sets of 16 Gb memory i really am now clueless which part is messing up.
The big question is what is failing.
I even had that when i tried enter the bios the whole screen from bios was frozen.

At one monent i installed windows 8 rtm to see if the problem would appear in win 8 Which is now confirmed it does crash win 8 as well.
The question still remains what is causing the constant bsod's
I attached the needed SF file

A:Constant crash with page fault and memory controller errors

Hello bronan.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Follow it manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump.

Post it after the next system crash, following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268806-constant-crash-page-fault-memory-controller-errors.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

I built my computer about six months ago and have been having sporadic BSOD problems since day one. I have tried everything I know to do and gotten nowhere. I'm running 7 Professional x64 retail, and this is the first install of it. My computer seems to give me a BSOD within a few minutes of booting up, sometimes it is memory management, other times it is page fault in non paged area. I have ran whocrashed and it has almost always pointed to nfts.sys or ntoskrnl.exe. I've ran memtest 86+ 4.10 for 4 passes and found nothing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

- Tom

A:BSOD - Memory Management and Page Fault In Non Paged Area

BSOD errors: 3B {c0000005}, 50 (Pool corruption), 24 (ntfs_file_system).

Update drivers listed bellow and if crashes persist test your hardware - memory, hard disk, video card.
~~~~~~~~

Majority of your most recent crashes were caused by the ATI driver 3B {c0000005}:

atikmdag.sys Wed Apr 07 04:47:17 2010

The latest is August 26 2010. Update it. Uninstall the ATI driver and software completely. Boot to safe mode and sweep ATI remnants with driver sweeper Guru3D - Driver Sweeper.

Update:

atikmdag.sys Wed Apr 07 04:47:17 2010
ATI

SCDEmu.SYS Mon Nov 09 05:27:29 2009
PowerISO

athurx.sys Tue Jan 05 05:23:16 2010
Atheros Wireless CB42/CB43/MB42/MB43 Network Adapter

Ensure that all clocks are set as recommended by the manufacturer. Test your memory and the video card:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature

You have other recent crashes caused by fileinfo.sys and ntfs.sys bugcheck: 24. Check your hard drives for errors:

Disk Check

HDD diagnostics:

HD Diagnostic

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [F:\a\Minidump\D M P\101110-20436-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (3 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c51000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e8ee50
Debug session time: Tue Oct 12 05:09:56.332 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:18.002
Loading Kernel Symbols

Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800498e141, fffff88005cfda40, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+38a141 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff8800498e141, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88005cfda40, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - <Unable to get error code text>

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+38a141
fffff880`0498e141 488b01 mov rax,qword ptr [rcx]

CONTEXT: fffff88005cfda40 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88005cfda40)
rax=fffffa8005d00a80 rbx=fffffa8005d00a80 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=fffffa8005f593f8 rsi=fffffa8005f59020 rdi=fffffa8005f59418
rip=fffff8800498e141 rsp=fffff88005cfe410 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/118872-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So for a long time now probably going on over a year I've been wrestling with my computer I should get a new one and just start from zero but I can't afford that right now so I'm hoping that I may be able to get some help here Essentially my computer crashes a lot sometimes randomly and sometimes with noticeable patterns It's sometimes a BSOD usually Memory Management sometimes Page Fault and I got a Driver IRQL a long time ago and sometimes it's just a flat hang with a stuttering sound repeating until I do Fault BSODs Multiple Page Memory and Management Crashes, and a hard reset Something I've noticed lately is it crashes more often when I have Multiple BSODs and Crashes, Memory Management and Page Fault flash player up for some reason or another but especially for streaming videos There's also been a couple of times where first firefox and or the flash plugin will crash then the PC will run for a bit but if I try to bring firefox back up it will hang or BSOD I've gotten crashes for other reasons though In addition sometimes when I start the PC up it won't post saying a BIOS checksum failed and that it can't detect a keyboard That's usually solved by restarting it once or twice more I've had other various errors in the past but that's the majority of it and what's been happening recently The following is the steps I've taken so far Run Memtest overnight and for hours at a time no errors Run various hard drive checking utilities no errors Run chkdsk on both hard drives I've gotten the occasional bad sector but hasn't changed crashes afterward Reinstalled Windows both repair and clean I've also done sfc scannow afterward and everything was fine Removed Daemontools Avast replaced with MSE and several other bad programs Run CCleaner and various registry fixing tools I've had registry errors but cleaning them hasn't helped Run Full virus and malware scans both originally with Avast then with MSE and also Malwarebytes no viruses Replaced the Motherboard Graphics Card and CPU at various points since the problems first started not always as an attempt to specifically fix it but worth mentioning Updated the BIOS on the replaced motherboard and replaced its battery Reinstalled Flash and kept it updated just in case No luck Similarly I've kept all my drivers up to date and use Windows Update regularly I'm at my wit's end trying to find a way to make my PC stable Any help or insight would be appreciated Logs attached per the forum instruction but that only has the last one due to the aforementioned reinstall and cleans If I get a new BSOD I'll update it

A:Multiple BSODs and Crashes, Memory Management and Page Fault

just analysed the .dmp files and what really concerned me was this bit at the endof the dump file:

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

this and a few other things in there indicated possible corruppted memory, if this is the case I would reccomend backing up all files IMMEDIATELY and then, just to confirm what is happening, run memtest and get back to me with results

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368916-multiple-bsods-crashes-memory-management-page-fault.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

This is the first time that I've experienced this error(s) resulting in multiple BSODs. So far, I've tried clearing my cache, removing adware and scanning my files using sfc/scannow but the error(s) still persists. Hope that I can get some advice/help on what I can do to remove the error(s) here. =(

A:BSOD (Memory Management, Page Fault in Non-paged Area)

Hi Xenoda.

First of all, the msinfo32.nfo file included in the zip is not complete. So we are not having some very important info there. Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file again.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
In the mean time, as the BSODs are memory related (may be a failing RAM or may be any driver passing bad info to the memory), Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know the result.
check iaStor in the msinfo32

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338477-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all A couple of weeks ago Management video card Memory Page and after Fault installation I upgraded video cards from a Galaxy GeForce that I had put in my custom built from a previous Dell to a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Everything worked fine at first but shortly after installing it i've started Page Fault and Memory Management after video card installation to get page fault in nonpaged area and memory management BSOD's and i'm not sure if that has anything to do with the new graphics card or if that is just a coincidence I tried switching out the RAM to different slots and even did a clean install with Windows but i'm still getting blue screened at random points sometimes i'll be able to get on and play World of Warcraft or whatever else for hours and be completely fine and other times it will blue screen after just minutes of surfing the web I've also tried reinstalling the video drivers and motherboard drivers I'm currently running Memtest on it and hopefully i'll see if it's a problem with the memory or not but any other advice would be appreciated and if someone could point me in the right direction on how to do so i can post the dump files if it blue screens again Thanks Hardware CPU AMD Phenom II Black Edition Motherboard ASUS M A TD EVO Video Card EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX PSU Thermaltake TR W RAM Sector GB DDR x GB Manufacturer is Patriot

A:Page Fault and Memory Management after video card installation

Test this video card with OCCT
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...test-occt.html
Did you update to the latest drivers from Nvidia?
NVIDIA DRIVERS 275.33 WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/177790-page-fault-memory-management-after-video-card-installation.html
Relevancy 49.45%

All I built my PC in Ever since I have been having intermittent FAULT AREA PAGE MANAGEMENT - NON and MEMORY IN PAGED BSOD BSOD problems I've found that if I put the computer to sleep instead of shutting down when it boots stable it will remain stable Otherwise I have BSOD crashes - minutes after booting I've run memtest after crashes and had it report errors but if I remove the RAM re-insert it and run memtest no errors will be BSOD - MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA reported It also typically remains stable if I boot after inserting the RAM Anyway this is getting to be a pain and I'm trying to BSOD - MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA work something out I BSOD - MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA posted before and the last piece of advice I received was as follows quot That is not unusual electronics are just that way when memtest shows errors it means there is a problem Even if it doesn't show any errors the run before and the run after An error with X GB installed and then no errors with X GB installed usually indicates a timing and or voltage adjustment is needed It is still possible that the RAM is faulty let's try some adjustments and see if it will run stable CPUZ is showing your CR at T go to BIOS and select T again save and exit BIOS Then check CPUZ Memory tab and see if it says CR T Go to DRAM timings and change 'cycle time tRAS ' to this will be the th item in BIOS -DDR Timings Items When changed it should read for the first timings Bump your CPU NB voltage to v or as close as you can get it to that number Save and exit BIOS Then run memtest again both RAM cards installed for a minimum of passes best to run overnight quot Having done this memtest reported erros Should I just pick up some new sticks of RAM or do you think this is something else Thanks for all the help Tom

A:BSOD - MEMORY MANAGEMENT and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8004764b30, fffffa8004764e10, fffff800037cb0d0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310674-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys, just got a new PC.

Board: Sabertooth P67
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
Grafics: Asus Radeon HD 6770 1GB GDDR5
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600 (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9)

The thing is.. at first it installed allright with everything inside.. then it crashed like 2 times and i didnt bother too much.. until i couldnt log in anymore. i tried rising the voltage on the RAM to 1.52.. changed the Command Rate to 2.. but OS dont run with both plugged in.. i can only run OS with only 1 stick plugged.. i already interchanged them.. they both work fine (ie. no BSOD) single.. if i put them both plugged OS dont run (it stops when its loading windows.. ie. windows logo dont appear and it doesnt move anymore)

Hope this helped you understand,

CrYser

A:Memory Management/Page fault in nonpaged area BSOD

SABERTOOTH-P67 BIOS 2103 improves memory compatibility and system stability. What is your bios?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208776-memory-management-page-fault-nonpaged-area-bsod.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I built a computer last week and everything seemed to be going fine until earlier this week when I had a BSOD while surfing the internet and running Folding Home on my CPU and GPU I didn't BSOD Memory Page Fault Pool Bad Management, Header, think much of it until I got another BSOD the next day maybe while playing DiRT The first two BSOD's gave me the Memory Management error so I downloaded Memtest and ran passes with no errors I then got another BSOD while trying to play the Kerbal Space Program Demo and running F H on both the CPU and GPU This gave me the quot Bad Pool Header quot error I tried several things after this BSOD including flashing the motherboard BIOS to a newer version and uninstalling and reinstalling my video card drivers I also ran a GPU memory stress test and a minute Furmark stress test on the GPU thinking BSOD Memory Management, Bad Pool Header, Page Fault it might be my problem No issues I booted up the computer today thinking that my problems might be solved and left the computer running all day with F H on full on the CPU BSOD Memory Management, Bad Pool Header, Page Fault and GPU I started the KSP Demo again and got the Page Fault BSOD within about seconds of opening the game I'm at a loss as to what to do next Thanks for taking the time to read through my issues and a big thanks for any help you can give

A:BSOD Memory Management, Bad Pool Header, Page Fault

Hi waharvey.

Before doing anything else, uninstall AVG following http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; as the installed antivirus is failing.

Let us know the results. Will decide about the further steps after seeing it.

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8006662d80, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgmfx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgmfx64.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323599-bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-page-fault.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I just bought my new laptop 1 month ago, but BSOD occurred for many times. Can anyone help me to solve this problem? the minidump files are attached here. Thanks for helping.

Window 7 Home Premium

System

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model HP G42 Notebook PC
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 596 GB

Graphics

Display adapter type ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370
Total available graphics memory 2746 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1722 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.771.1.0
Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Network Adapter Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi

I have had my MSI GE60 for approx a year, I have had these problems from the start, but less frequently. The memory management BSOD occurs randomly, while the page fault in nonpaged area happens mainly after the laptop was in sleep, hibernation mode.
I have checked the drivers they all seem to be up too date.

Please help

Attachment 53354

A:BSOD memory management and page fault in nonpaged area

Your bluetooth is disabled. Is this deliberate? If so, why?

Please uninstall the Killer Network Manager - a known cause of BSOD's on MSI systems.
More here:

At times the Killer Network Manager may cause BSOD problems:

NOTE:Link thanks to blueelvis (15Oct2014): https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=178064.0 This is a method for removing all the network software and only installing the driver. Perfect for those issues that can't be resolved any other way!

NOTE: See this link first: BSOD while playing on msi gt70 dragon edition 2 (thanks to kaelaan) It appears that the Killer Service problem was solved with the latest release of the Qualcomm versions of the drivers (so try updating to a version dated from later in 2014).

The Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service/KillerNetManager is known to cause BSOD's. Please follow the workaround instructions here:

First, open the Run dialog (Win + R keys) and type in "services.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Scroll down and locate the "Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service" and right click on it. Select "Stop"
Right click on it again and this time select "Properties"
In the dropdown box for "Startup type", select "Disabled", then click on the "OK" button at the bottom of the window

Next, open Task Manager (right click on TaskBar and select "Task Manager")
Click on the "More details" dropdown (if present)
Click on the "Startup" tab
Scroll down and locate the "KillerNetManager" entry, right click on it and select "Disable"
There may also be an Install Shield (with the Killer gaming K next to it), if so Right click on it and select "Disable"
Finally, restart the system in order for the changes to take affect.

At times the Killer Network Manager will continue to load. If so, it's usually listed in the MSINFO32...Software Environment...Startup Programs section. If it is, please try this:

It may be that the instructions aren't stopping everything.
In some cases, there's a program running out of the Program Files/Program Files (x86) directory.
"c:\program files\qualcomm atheros\killer network manager\killer~1.exe" (NOTE: killer~1.exe is most likely killernetmanager.exe)
In other cases, there's a program running out of c:\windows\installer\{Long string of letters, numbers, and dashes}\networkmanager.exe_130c27d738f34c89bddf21bcfd74b56d.exe (the long string of letters and numbers may change)

Here's some things to try
1) Please see if there are any entries in the Startup tab of Task Manager that are related to Qualcomm/Atheros/Killer Network Manager (and NOT the card itself) and disable them (please let us know what you find) Be careful as the wrong selection can disable the network card.
2) Check in "msconfig" for any entries that aren't in the Startup tab of Task Manager. Let us know if you find any Qualcomm/Atheros/Killer entries there (we'll disable them differently if they are there).
3) Locate the "c:\program files\qualcomm atheros\killer network manager\killer~1.exe" and rename the .exe to .BAD (the killer~1 is actually a filename that starts with killer and ends with .exe) There will be an error in event viewer, but it'll stop the bugger from loading.
4) Locate the "c:\windows\installer\{Long string of letters, numbers, and dashes}\networkmanager.exe_130c27d738f34c89bddf21bcfd74b56d.exe" entry and rename the last .exe to .BAD (the long string of letters and numbers may change)

Just FYI - here are the MSI workaround instructions: MSI USA - Online Technical Support FAQ

Out of 24 memory dumps there were 8 different BSOD error codes. The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. Th... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56584-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 49.45%

It started a few fault, etc. IRQL Management, Page Memory equal, or BSOD not less - months ago a game that I play often Arma crashes a little while after I got an error saying that my system has recovered from a screen error or something like that I ignored it because it BSOD - IRQL not less or equal, Page fault, Memory Management, etc. was just once I had it more often later on started to look around on the internet for a fix couldn't find any so yet again ignored it and kept on playing Untill yesterday my game crashed again so i restarted the game while doing so I instantly got a BSOD Because I wasn't really impressed had more BSODs on older computers I used to have I rebooted my PC and started the game again leading into another BSOD rebooted now on startup I got another BSOD IRQL not less or equal So I booted into safe-mode looked around on this forum tried to fix it but made it worse while on safe-mode I had a BSOD while doing 'sfc scannow' Now everytime I try to start my PC normally or on safe-mode it just reboots on normal it reboots when shown 'windows is starting' on safe-mode while its loading sys files So I downloaded a windows iso from a Dell site which was redirected to on this forums I burned it onto a DVD on startup it asks if I want to boot from cd press any key I press a key and it goes to a next window showing EMS Windows install or something like that and Tools Windows memory Diagnostic so I choose Windows Install and it shows 'Windows is loading files' the bar goes to and is stuck So I have no way of using my PC atm Desperately waiting for help memtest which I done before resulted gt million errors while stuck on sfc scannow didnt do much since it gave me a BSOD on and the other time it was stuck at I don't have the money to buy new parts for this PC atm so I hope it's fixable specs Intel I GHz Nvidia Geforce GT GB GB RAM x TB HDD I cannot go in safe or normal mode to get any dumpfiles so uhhhm Best regards Martin

A:BSOD - IRQL not less or equal, Page fault, Memory Management, etc.

Welcome to SevenForums.

You ran memtest and it gave you errors so it seems that you found the problem already.

Test the RAM sticks each in different slots of the MB (I don't mean you have to take memtest again). See how the computer performs.

You may also see if changing the speed/clock of the ram helps or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/263787-bsod-irql-not-less-equal-page-fault-memory-management-etc.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys,
I started getting BSODs after installing MSI after burner, os i uninstalled it and ran cc cleaner still i am getting bsods, I installed windows 7 x64 2 days back.

I am using MSE antivirus. and in windows update I am not able to see SP1 update so didnot update yet.

System config in my system specs signature below .

Attaching the error log file.

Hope you guys help me resolve this issue

A:Windows 7 x64 BSOD memory management and page fault in non paged area

two of the dump files seem to be identical?

Anyway, all three dump files point to memory management as you stated in your subject.... did you run memtest86+ ? Have you replaced / checked any hw recently?
Could you try to remove 1 mem stick and see what happens (apart from slowing down )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171219-windows-7-x64-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-non-paged-area.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Encountered these two bsods within 15mins of each other. Now am currently running memtest86+ with one stick. If i have no errors on either stick, does it still mean my ram is error free? Do i need a change? I've reformatted the PC just 2 months back because of these two same issues too.

A:BSOD: Page fault in non paged area and Memory Management error.

Hi,

Please reconfigure windows to collect the correct info
You want small memory dumps - "MiniDumps"

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

And here are the instructions for posting:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Tip
Ensure you click the "GRAB ALL" button and then wait for each window to appear in turn and then click OK

For your RAM, run memtest with all the modules in place to start, if errors occur
then follow section 3 in the tutorial.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304358-bsod-page-fault-non-paged-area-memory-management-error.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello guys. please help me with my BSOD problem. currently i can only see these two error messages (as per title) every time my laptop went bluescreen.

i have acer aspire 4741G with Win7 Home Premium x64 pre-installed

attached is minidump file

thankyou people!

A:BSOD error:memory management (i think) and page fault in nonpaged area

Welcome

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here

Please upload your msinfo32.txt file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Export -> Save as msinfo32.txt and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .txt file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes. *Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot. *If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot. *If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267002-bsod-error-memory-management-i-think-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer has started playing up the last couple of days...

It keeps on bringing up a blue screen which says 'page fault in non-paged area"
"Beginning dump of physical memory"
"physical memory dump complete"
then i cant get the computer back on, and i have to switch it off.

Any ideas what causes this and how to fix it?

At one point i thought it was my usb mass storage device, but i removed that from the computer and unplugged it and its still happening...

When i turn my computer on it says "your hardware might not be working properly" but i dont know what hardware they are talking about...

My boyfriends been messing around on here downloading lost or something, could that be it??

Thanks, if anyone can help me. Im worried its going to go off halfway through my work and il lose it all.

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a 2007 HP Pavilion that originally had Vista and I started getting BSOD and most were related to ntkrnlpa.exe. I erased the hard drive and updated to Windows 7 professional the other day but the blue screens continue.

I've uploaded the zip file generated from the SF diagnostic tool. HOpefully somebady can assist with the issues.

THanks,
Kevin

A:Frequent BSOD, Memory Management, Page Fault, Driver IRQL, etc..

Welcome to SevenForums

Test your hard drive: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it: Disk Check
Test your ram sticks RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/263358-frequent-bsod-memory-management-page-fault-driver-irql-etc.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have been getting random blue screens for about a month now so I decided I would finally make a forum post about it. A lot of my games on steam always has files missing after completely downloading the games. It seems like a lot of my errors when installing programs are missing files. So I decided it probably is the hard drive messing up so I went and bought a new hard drive but that did not fix the problem. I still have the same problem. I have no idea if it is a hardware issue or a software issue that is causing me to blue screen. I have done windows memory test and hard drive error checking. If you could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

A:Windows 7 Page fault in nonpaged area and memory management (bsod)

Welcome

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.
Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.
If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.
If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using crystal disk info:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check

Hard drive test both short and long with: SeaTools for Windows

Also the DOS version of:SeaTools for DOS

Keep us posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260039-windows-7-page-fault-nonpaged-area-memory-management-bsod.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I think I'm correct in saying that this is my first time posting to a forum with regards to my BSODs Amazingly I haven't had any until now So over the past month I've been getting some issues with various BSOD's popping up and I think it is either a motherboard or memory issue or both however I was looking to try and confirm my suspicions I bought a new PC about months ago i K Asus P Z -V Corsair GB x GB DDR Mhz Vengeance SSD etc and it seemed to run fine apart from the fact that when the PC boots up from cold it is unable to start the network card Code Cannot start device is shown in the device manager I ignored this as I generally tend to sleep the computer rather than shut it down I also thought it might be fixed in a later BIOS driver but it hasn't If you're wondering how I get on to the internet I have to uninstall the driver in the device manager and refresh the listings This seems to re install the driver and start the NIC - all fine On to the BSODs well these Page Fault. less equal, IRQL Memory not Mulitple or - Management, BSOD all seem to point to memory But I was hoping if I could get some Mulitple BSOD - Memory Management, IRQL not less or equal, Page Fault. assistance on proving that it is or is not the memory at fault I know I'm going to have to run a mem-test but I was hoping to get some tips before I do as I was planning on running mem-test on each stick for a good few hours So some help and points before I do this would be a real big help I've included the required zip file as highlighted in the guide BSOD - Posting Instructions as a side node this is a really awesome tool Obviously all help is appreciated and if any further information is required let me know P S The PC has not been overclocked and is running on BIOS default settings thanks Luke

A:Mulitple BSOD - Memory Management, IRQL not less or equal, Page Fault.

Your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

Also, test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight, per RAM module per slot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264209-mulitple-bsod-memory-management-irql-not-less-equal-page-fault.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I have been dealing with all sorts of BSOD's for a long time now and dont have the money to just buy another computer so any help would be nice. They happen at random times ie: playing WoW surfing the internet or just while the computer is inactive. Thanks for any input

A:Multiple BSOD Bad pool header, memory managment, page fault plz help

Welcome
The cause of your BSOD appears to be a driver. Take Verifier test
Driver Verifier
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Send all reports of BSODs that occur during the next 36 hours, while using verifier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244491-multiple-bsod-bad-pool-header-memory-managment-page-fault-plz-help.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hey guys not sure if this belongs in this forum but i just got a blue screen with this error up after trying to connect to a wireless network. going through the event viewer i have the following details

Error code 10000050, parameter1 a50773d0, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 ad0931bb, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 35 1000005
0020: 30 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 0 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 61 35 eters a5
0030: 30 37 37 33 64 30 2c 20 0773d0,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 00000000
0040: 2c 20 61 64 30 39 33 31 , ad0931
0048: 62 62 2c 20 30 30 30 30 bb, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

if anyone can shed some light on what happened id be grateful

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-fault-192721.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I got this BSOD as I turned on my computer today, I did not install any new drivers or programs recently.

I attached the SF file to this post, not sure if there's any more info I should add.

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD paged fault in non paged memory

Hi LewdLove,

BugCheck 50, Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : klif.sys

Your problem seems to be related to Kaspersky Anti-virus or your Anti-virus program, please uninstall and install Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

Run a full system scan once installed

Repost your minidump files back after that.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273084-bsod-paged-fault-non-paged-memory.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Ntfs sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA Registry Fault Many Thanks in advance this is my first time I have had a PC problem MY PC is th mth old Dell Inspiron running Windows Vista x GB RAM The problem started when I was watching a video clip on Windows media player The screen started breaking up on to horizontal coloured lines predomenantly Pink and the PC froze I tried rebooting in safe mode however it wouldn t allow howevere managed to do Start up repair At first I was getting a blue screen Ntfs sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA however after reboot a number of times including running CHKDSK and startup repair the system eventually let me through to the windows log on screen After logging the sreen you access programms from the screens breaking up again on to horizontal coloured lines I have tried cleaning dust from PAGE / IN FAULT PAGE Registry AREA Ntfs.sys NON Fault inside case and removed and re inserted RAM Tried repeating checks e g start up repair and receive the following - Problem Event Name Start Repair V Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault Problem Signature Unknown Problem Signature Corrupt Registry Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Rollback Registry Problem Signature OS Version Locate ID Diagnosis amp Repair details Startup Repair diagnosis amp repair log Last successful boot time am GMT Number of Repair Attempts Session details System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows Autochk Run Number of Root causes Tests performed Name check for updates Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name system disk test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name disk failure diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name disk metadata test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name target os test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault takes ms Tests performed Name volume content chack Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot manager diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot log diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name Event log diagnosis Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name internal state check Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name boot status test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name set up state check Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Tests performed Name registry hives test Result completed successfully Error Code x Time takes ms Root cause found Repair action Registry roll back Result failed error Code x Time taken ms Finally Not sure if this would have anything to do with it however I downloaded Quicktime to play music clip about a minutes earlier before the problem started happening Also I have family photos on the PC which are not backed up and would like to protect then of possible nbsp

A:Ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA / Registry Fault

the error means that your PC asked for a page of memory , and the page was not available. when the operation could not continue, it BSOD'd and shut down. Its usually happens as a result of a hardware that is misfiring or failing. The 'Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area' and "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" BSOD's often show up consecutively and alternately. Things to try to correct or identify the problem are to restore your machine to the last know working configuration. if the problem keeps appearing run disk check for errors on your HDD. if that shows nothing, the next most likely suspect is a problem with the Ram. You can download any number of programs that will test your ram for errors. Win 7 has a built in memory test (not sure about the RC though) and you do not have to burn a disc to run it. Hope that helps some.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntfs-sys-page-fault-in-non-page-area-registry-fault.149446/
Relevancy 34.83%

--------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce M GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce M GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory Memory,Dedicated consistant Memory,Shared not Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NICK-PC Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate Build Service Pack longhorn rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model G S BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode A person in my thread here http forums worldofwarcraft com thread html topicId amp postId amp sid said That doesn t look right my GTS displays Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Could you have bad videocard memory Or maybe reinstal direct X Click to expand So I m not sure where to start and I Display Memory,Dedicated Memory,Shared Memory not consistant m hoping someone here can point me into the right direction as to what it is I need to do to fix this problem I ve been having with graphical Discrpencies in World of Warcraft I haven t notice any in Call of Duty nbsp

Relevancy 31.39%

I have a HP Omni 100-5000 that half boots and freezes sometimes BSD, at the MS four colour logo.

I have tried booting with an Ultimate boot CD but it does the same thing.

Removed Harddrive.

I have tried booting again with an Ultimate boot CD but it does the same thing.

I ran the memory test for 4 hours from the Ultimate CD and worked fine.

I have tried booting with no mouse/keyboard connected this is the BSD I
get
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0XF78CE528, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

It seems to be a hardware fault!

I have checked all connections are made and they seem okay.

Any idea's that I can try........

Thanks Mike

A:Fault I have not seen Before!

Try reading this: Advanced troubleshooting for "Stop error code 0x0000007B (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)" errors in Windows XP

Do you have the Windows 7 CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/fault-i-have-not-seen-before-673237.html
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: fault

we are unable to install incredimail[xp2000 edition2]as it asks for some Macromedia shock wave etc.we have run incredimail on our xp2000 before we
updated to second edition and were very happy with it can you advise please

A:fault

Hi and welcome!

Your post didn't make much sense but if you need to have Macromedia Shockwave then go here to Macromedia's website and download the Shockwave player. You might need to download the Flash Player too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fault.344239/
Relevancy 31.39%

I get a lot of Messages saying I have a fault in VXD VCACHE. What can I do about this? I'am running windows 98! !

A:VXD Fault

RR,

See this link :

http://aumha.org/win4/kbefe.php - Scroll down to Vcache Vxd.

Indicates you may have bad ram module/s.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vxd-fault.165008/
Relevancy 31.39%

As i explained here http forums techguy org general-security -dll html They told me to post a hijackthis log so opened DLL fault. a new topic in this forum So this is the problem Yesterday my Computer crashed blue screen It said i had a memory dump Also my mcaffee virus scan found Trojan Horses Pc works kinda fine right now But when i start up i get a message that the file bfdhyyqx dll could not be found or started don t DLL fault. remember exactly Does anyone know what this is I hope it doesn t crash again And this is the file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files ASUS ASUS DH Remote AsRc exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System DelCSA exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Users Gert Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files ASUS ASUS DH Remote AsDhRemote exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search orbitdownloader com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook BitZipperSearch Toolbar - bceb -cfcd- b -a -b f cf f - C Program Files BitZipperSearch tbBitZ dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO btorbit com - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Aanmelden - Help - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO BitZipperSearch Toolbar - bceb -cfcd- b -a -b f cf f - C Program Files BitZipperSearch tbBitZ dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - Toolbar BitZipperSearch Toolbar - bceb -cfcd- b -a -b f cf f - C Program Files BitZipperSearch tbBitZ dll O - Toolbar Grab Pro - C BBCD - AD- AD- - C EACC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader GrabPro dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows D... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dll-fault.740644/
Relevancy 31.39%

I wanna ask how S M A R T affects your computer system when it s on off It is recommended to turn it on off Are you people turning it on off why Sorry but this question bugged me for years RAMs What is the difference between quot RAM, S.M.A.R.T., fault HDD better quot RAMs and quot Normal quot RAMs Crucial claimed that their RAMs are quot better quot than others but I thought RAMs S.M.A.R.T., RAM, HDD fault are the same Or is there any function difference or more reliability What will happen if I placed both PC s and PC s on A PC S.M.A.R.T., RAM, HDD fault -only motherboard A PC -compatible motherboard I tried to copy files from my HDD to my HDD but during the middle of the copying the system keeps crash then recover then crash then recover and finally it gave a BSOD quot Data couldn t not be written onto D quot The HDD LED keeps flashing but there s no activity Is my HDD dying it s a Seagate ST series gb rpm nbsp

A:S.M.A.R.T., RAM, HDD fault

S.M.A.R.T. = Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology

It's a system that utilises internal hard disk drive monitoring technology.

Turning it on shouldn't translate in lower performance but remember that it is asking for the HDD to do some extra monitoring work.

The difference between "normal" & "better" can be many things. It can go from better PCB use, better memory modules yields to better warranty, etc. I've had a few issues with NoName RAMS so from now on I only go with brands that I know ( such as Crucial ). Brand RAM can generally work with very aggressive memory timings without any problems. I've had Stability problems on my A7V66-E when I used NoName RAM even though RAM timings were set to SPD ( most conservative timings ).

Using PC133 on a PC100 motherboard will make it work at 100. When you mix memory types, both of the memory modules will align on the slowest one ( 100 in this case ). Otherwise, it would be overclocking your PC100 module to 133 & as in any other overclock, luck plays a major role in it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/s-m-a-r-t-ram-hdd-fault.1801/
Relevancy 31.39%

after installing the sp i have encounter two problems one of them is when i Fault? That Was Sp3's try to use the IE while running the bittorrent the IE stop working the other Was That Sp3's Fault? one is when i try to play guild wars while runnong the bittorrent or the IE the game stop sending or reaseving any data im new here so plz help me much appreciate it sorry for any vocabulary grammar or spilling mistake Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files GameSpot DownloadManager Win exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS system libusbd-nt exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC WINDOWS system spupdsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system tlntsvr exeC WINDOWS ehome medctrro exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS system cselect exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFXFER exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exeC Program Files FlashGet flashget exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Atheros ACU exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProAgent exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files GameSpot GDM TrayApp exeC Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC WINDOWS system mmc exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Golden Al-Wafi Translator Golden Al-Wafi Translator exeC WINDOWS speech vcmd exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- EBEBBB - C... Read more

A:Was That Sp3's Fault?

Hi,sorry for the delay.You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.Please download FixWareout from this site:http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/lonny/Fixwareout.exeSave it to your desktop and run it. Click Next, then Install, then make sure "Run fixit" is checked and click Finish. The fix will begin; follow the prompts. You will be asked to reboot your computer; please do so. Your system may take longer than usual to load; this is normal.At the end of the fix, you may need to restart your computer again. Finally, please post a fresh HijackThis log, along with the contents of the logfile C:\fixwareout\report.txt Now lets check some settings on your system. (2000/XP) OnlyIn the windows control panel. If you are using Windows XP's Category View, select the Network and Internet Connections category otherwise double click on Network Connections. Then right click on your default connection, usually local area connection for cable and dsl, and left click on properties. Click the Networking tab. Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item and select the radio dial that says Obtain DNS servers automatically Press OK twice to get out of the properties screen and reboot if it asks. That option might not be avaiable on some systems Next Go start run type cmd and hit OK type ipconfig /flushdns then hit enter, type exit hit enter (that space between g and / is needed)Regards,Rosty.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131100/was-that-sp3s-fault/
Relevancy 31.39%

How can I repair the dll fault on my laptop C:\Windows\$NtUninstallMTF197$\qtnpv.dll.

A:dll fault

Looks like you have picked up some malware. Suggest you scan your computer with Super Antispyware Free and do an online scan with Eset. Best to run scans with Super Antispyware Free after installing, updating and booting into Safe Mode.Allow SAS to remove whatever it findsSUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware! Use the instructions in this link for using Eset.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic366057.html/page__view__findpost__p__2050346

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367174/dll-fault/
Relevancy 31.39%

A few days ago my laptop froze and I had to do a power shutdown, remove and refit the battery and reboot. Since then I have had some problems. 1. I cannot create a restore point. I get a message saying "the writer experienced a non transient error" 2. I cannot repair using a restore point. 3. If I try system reset I get a popup message saying    "systemreset.exe-corrupt file" .  "The file or directory EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD.LOG  is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility" I have run Chkdsk and sfc /scannow and no faults were found. Obviously something is wrong with the boot partition but the laptop boots up ok.  Any ideas how I can fix this please? Karen.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BCD-LOG-fault/td-p/5714718
Relevancy 31.39%
Q: Fault

After booting the computer an error appears on the screen as Software problem, no communication.Jonathan

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Fault/td-p/5611712
Relevancy 31.39%

Every time I close down IE11 in 8.1 I get a box telling me that there is a fault and IE will close down. This has only appeared in last 2-3 hours?

When I go online to find download to replace all I get is a pat on the back for 'already have it installed'

A:IE 11 for 8.1 Fault

Did you try going to Control Panel / Programs and features / Turn windows features on or off and unmark Internet Explorer, reboot computer and than either install downloaded one or just mark it again. You should end up with brand new (and hopefully working) IE.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/46616-ie-11-8-1-fault.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I upgraded from XP Home to XP Pro for the remote desktop feature. XP Pro did not recognize my Nvidia GeForce2 MX200 card and used a default adapter & driver. I could not get the current Nvidia driver to work and in my efforts I apparently disabled the VGA Adapter so now I have nothing on my screen. When I reboot the machine I see the initial data, like the memory test, but once windows initiates the screen goes black. I know how to enable the video adapter if I could see the appropriate places to click but obviously I can't. Help, PLEASE.

A:My Own Fault

Probably better reinstall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-own-fault.649458/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello all The Problem My computer started getting visual distortions on screen about a month ago by this i mean horizontal bars of colour every couple inches all over the screen I quot fixed quot this by getting rid of the dust and leaving the side panel off as i thought the GPU was overheating Seemed to work for a while however at the beginning of this week One fault or many? it started doing it again with the added bonus of an occasional Blue Screen stating memory parity errors The truely wierd thing is it will run fine for hours if not days at a time but then the next time i use it theres a near instant fault Played MW yesterday for about hours and it was fine mins into a game today and i get the graphic One fault or many? errors followed by parity error The Computer This beast is getting rather old its a Dell Dimension DIM but ive upgraded it a few times It has GHz of ram a Geforce GTS GPU a nd dvd player and a W PSU The Suspicion Well the graphics card memory and power supply are less than a year old so im hoping they arent the culprit here Im not exactly tech savvy tho so feel free to tell me its one of those and make it a cheap fix for me However i have a suspicion it might be the motherboard so anyone have a clue whats going on with this machine is one part or every part faulty nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-fault-or-many.878800/
Relevancy 31.39%

Trying to get my friends PC running Pc will sit and humm when turn on would not get past the bios i reset the bios and got to the OS startup window then Fault PC the sys shuts down I took the following action i remove the h drive and cd drive from the m board switch sys on and got this response from the PC Fault Ami bios beeps pause beep plus the message cmos battrey low and cmos memory wrong I replaced the battrey restarted and got same response I then replace the m board with same make and model with same response I then changed to a gigabyte board and happy days board worked reformmated drive and loaded xp and service packs but alas system switch itself off again In my efforts to get this sys working i have replace p supply cpu fan and of course m boards Would i be right to suspect that cpu could be faulty that is the only conclusion i can come too Would appreicate any help regards nbsp

A:PC Fault

Did you replace the RAM also?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-fault.513712/
Relevancy 31.39%

After I'v been surfing for a while and then click on 'mail' the line disconnects, why does it do this? it did not happen before I downloaded IE7

Thanks

A:IE7 fault??

Try this:

Open Internet Explorer
Click Tools
Click Internet Options
Click Programs
Under E-mail if there is nothing in there click the down arrow key to the right and choose an email program.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie7-fault.533336/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi All,
I have an Asus P4P800S-X, with an intel chip that has suddenly gone dead.
With no monitor on power up and no reset other than pulling the plug and cold booting.

Was working ok up until a week ago when drives started disappearing.
How do I tell if it's the MB or the CPU thats playing up?

Many Thanks
minnie

A:CPU or MB fault, which one?

Psu

If things started dissaPEARING IT MIGHT BE THE psu, As it starts burning out, it starts losing the ability to deliver the voltage to the drives. I would start by smelling it. I could be wrong but it sounds like that may be the problem!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-or-mb-fault-which-one.81230/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have 4 x 4gb ddr3 ram modules fitted to my desktop.

I have started to find that the amount the system recognises seems to change of its own accord.

Yesterday i started my machine and my system reported 16 GB installed but only 12 useable.

I then had to do a restart due to a windows update and it then said 16GB installed and 16GB available.

I have just started my system and it now says 12GB installed but only 8GB useable.

I think it may be a faulty module that works when it sees fit. But with it now saying 12 installed and only 8 useable I'm not sure.

I have attached a shot of the system info screen and resource monitor from now.

Any help, ideas, tips would be appreciated.

Paul

A:Weird RAM fault

Just to show what I mean, not 10 minutes later after a restart we are now back to 16Gb available.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/29854-weird-ram-fault.html
Relevancy 30.96%

When I start the pc I get the message: "There has been a fault during loading of C:\WINDOWS\system32\ebutpesu:dII" Can not find specified module."
I don't know what this is, so I click OK en then everything seems to work fine! But why this message and what does this program do?

A:Fault when starting up

it's probably left over from something you uninstalled
a search brings nothing up have you spelt it correctly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fault-when-starting-up-189309.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello. My pc starts after the third time i press the power button and when i switch it on than the error message comes up.

http://imgur.com/zKDN9gs picture of the message

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605463/psu-or-motherboard-fault/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi everyone,

could somebody help me resolve this problem. Everytime i log on my computer I would get this message saying that CCRegVfy.exe error. and also it says something about cctrust.dll. I thought this problem was from the norton virus program that I uninstalled. However, I download and reinstalled the program but the problem still there.

What can i do to fix this problem??? please help.

Thank you

A:CCTRUST.dll fault

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinhbuon100nam

Hi everyone,

could somebody help me resolve this problem. Everytime i log on my computer I would get this message saying that CCRegVfy.exe error. and also it says something about cctrust.dll. I thought this problem was from the norton virus program that I uninstalled. However, I download and reinstalled the program but the problem still there.

What can i do to fix this problem??? please help.

Thank you

Hi,
On researching your problem I found this http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...av&svy=&csm=no I hope this will solve your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cctrust-dll-fault-38955.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Here's a delimma I have, I need some advice.

I've been pondering this in my head...my mother's computer crapped out...the power supply went out. We had our tech guy come out to replace it, that's cool.

Well, he said as he was hooking up the new one it arced and fried the usb ports and the mouse port. I questioned her about him unplugging the machine - it's on a UPS...she said she didn't think he unplugged it at all.

So my question is, is he at fault? If not, cool. If so, what should I so about it...I'm in the process of replacing the machine now...just need some direction...do I even need to go there?

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon

Relevancy 30.96%

I get the double fault halt (blue screen, error 7F, code1 8, code2 80042000, code3 0, code4 0) when I am extracting something from 7-zip archives. The halt never occurs except for extracting from 7zip archives. The halt occurs on every 7-zip archive, both on regular archives and on self-extracting archives. The halt always occurs in the same position of extraction process, as per archive; the position is different for different archives, but always same for a particular archive.

I heard the double fault halt can occur because of damaged RAM, wrong hardware connections or kernel drivers errors. I checked the RAM thoroughly, and the RAM seems to be ok. I tried changing RAM, - the halt still occurs. I reassembled the PC, - the halt still occurs. So I guess it is a kernel driver error, isn't it?

I am attaching the minidump file. Please help me. Thanks.

A:Double fault

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your minidump crashes with memory corruption. It has a bugcheck of 7F. Faulty ram?

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause (many dozen KB articles exist for this error referencing specific hardware failures) and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/double-fault.47674/
Relevancy 30.96%

On my PC running XP Pro SP I have installed IE The PC is running Office XP The PC has a Microsoft USB WIFI mouse and keyboard I have three user accounts on my wife's account something strange happens when my wife accesses IE If you click fault IE8 possible [SOLVED] on Tools click on Internet Options then Delete Delete and then Ok The Internet Options banner in blue persists even when IE is closed [SOLVED] IE8 possible fault In some cases the banner can persist to the select user screen When I select my username with the mouse the Internet Options banner disappears but the mouse pointer stops following the mouse To get the mouse to communicate with the mouse pointer I have to reboot the computer My wife has emails in her Outlook Inbox and I have suspected that is the problem but I have run the scanpst software and it has found only minor problems The size of her pst file is no where near Gb I do not believe the problem existed when her account was set up With the other user accounts including mine there is no problem with using IE Any ideas

A:[SOLVED] IE8 possible fault

Start with this: How to compact the personal folders (.pst) files in Outlook

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-ie8-possible-fault-593066.html
Relevancy 30.96%

hi there any 1 help please please
i have just down graded my farthers computer from vista to xp every thing fine on install but! checked system manger and it shows a fault
(INTEL R G33/G31 EXPRESS FAMILY DRIVER) GRAPHIC DRIVER it seems to have found the device but no drivers loaded for it. looked on the net at loads of drivers none seem to work is it possible no driver exsits for xp and only vista i cant find it can u help.
ps its a bult in graphics card his machine is a compaq presario sr55501 uk 2 gig ram

A:driver fault on xp

Vista machines should remain Vista machines. Other than that, you risk drivers not working, as you've found out. I'd suggest you tell your father to get used to Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-fault-on-xp.768331/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am new to this forum (and forums in general) and this may not be the correct place for the question below. If it is the wrong forum, can someone point me in the right direction?

I have three errors that occur in the Error Log. One of them I Googled and found a hardware problem. There are two others (766399529 & 767407337) that I have no clue as to what they are.

How does one find out what these errors mean?
Is there a site that will help me decode all of the text after the error number"

Thanks

A:Fault Buckets

Barry

Where do these error codes show up? If in a BSOD and you upload the dump file we can give you more information. Dump files are usually in c:\windows\minidump and are in the format *.dmp

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/255455-fault-buckets.html
Relevancy 30.96%

just upgraded to IE6 under Win2000.

Now when i have a few windows / programs open ,....if i open a new window , it takes over the first window i had open ,...and leaves the newest window open to the default web page (my ISP).

How do i change it so any new windows i open just open normally in sequencial order ???

i sometimes have up to 20 - 30 open at a time

))

thanks
mark

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-6-upgrade-fault.59898/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hope I'm on the correct forum
I use a Canon 4300 printer My PC is a Pentium 4 Compaq running XP. I used the the printer before with Win 98 2nd Ed. I installed the XP printer driver.
My problem is that the print lines cut off short at the right edge I've tried to remedy this by adjusting the print area/ right margin without success.
Any help will be appreciated. Make instructions basic please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printing-fault.342164/
Relevancy 30.96%

does anyone no y my wireless network keeps loseing the signal

A:network fault

OS?

Wireless Card make/model?

Wireless Router make/model?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-fault-20929.html
Relevancy 30.96%

when i hold and lift it with one hand from it's left bottom side ,screen freezes and restarts .I think it's about pressure  on rams. Any ideas?

A:G50-45 physical fault

Welcome to the Forums Destin.

Possible cause:

Poor connection between memory module and motherboard.
Faulty memory slot
Faulty motherboard.

You could also use the System Restore feature to get your computer back the time when it worked.
Please click here for the better understanding.

Update us how it goes.

Regards,         

Tap that Kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-45-physical-fault/td-p/3350248
Relevancy 30.96%

For months now I have been unable to start my computer normally. If I just leave it to start up I get STOP 0x0000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, but strangely, if I press F8 and select 'Debugging mode', it runs fine.
Problems started a while back, when I was getting lock-ups and unexpected restarts. When I turned off the automatic restart thing I got the same stop error as above. Someone suggested that the ram was at fault, so I replaced both sticks and the problems continue. The strange thing is, when I do get it running in Debugging mode, it runs fine, unless I try to do something intensive on the CPU like converting a video, or playing a WMA with DRM.

I'm running Windows 2000 Professional, with an Athlon XP 1800+, and 256MB of RAM.

Any help greatly appreciated!

A:Page Fault

Here is a mskb article that references your problem.
In addition, page faults are very often caused by memory problems. Download and run memtest86 to see if there are any problems with the memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/page-fault.417342/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a windows nt operating system. I amgetting the following error page fault trap 0000000E at linear address 0000300. I have sp4 on the computer. When I search microsoft database it told me I need sp5. Can anyone tell me if they have any problems with sp5, or another way to fix this?

A:page fault

im not sure what the error your getting is related to,
but you should get hold of service pack 6 or 6a with high encryption for your nt4,
it seems to cure alot of nt problems
every time you make major changes to your system i recommend reinstalling the service pack.
i'll try and find exactly what your error message refers to!

incidently, how big is your hard drive and how much empty space do you have left?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/page-fault.66831/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a Dell inspiron laptop and my screen won't work properly. When I turn it o. The screen comes on but then just before the account Login screen comes up it just goes black. I can plug my laptop into my TV and use it but screen stays blank. Anyone know of any way to fix would be eternally greatful. Cheers tom

A:Screen fault

Shine a bright light on the screen -- can you see anything (even a faint image)?
Hold the D key through powerup -- do you get an alternating set of solid color screens?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983061
Relevancy 30.96%

so when i load facebook and only facebook the css does not load, ive looked on alot of forums and tried various fixes to no prevail, ive found that it is because my browser (ie) is blocking the ''a248.e.akamai.net'' server, how do i fix this???

A:facebook css fault, help???

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Have you tried to reset IE or try say Chrome?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/facebook-css-fault-help-703423.html
Relevancy 30.96%

This is going probably problems, SP2 fault serious my many MCE XP to be long I ll try to keep it concise Couple of weeks ago I started getting random BSODs x e Lots of pop up ads during fire fox sessions AVG Norton would not detect anything Ran Hijackthis and posted log into a net based log analyzer hijackthis de I had trojan vundo among others killed them with hijackthis They seemed to keep coming back and the symptoms persisted I ran my hijackthis log through hjt networktechs com Killed everything that wasn t green or that I didn t recognize System worked for a while but then many errors arose No sound XP MCE SP2 many serious problems, probably my fault no volume control icon in the task bar Control panel - gt audio and sound devices - gt volume completely greyed out quot place volume icon in task bar quot not an option Realtek soundman still appears and I can run demo sounds from there so the harware seems to not be broken Downloaded latest drivers can t install error - x ba Downloaded hot fix for that error can t install quot Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update inf Make sure the cryptographic service is running on this computer quot Cryptographic service is set to auto but not started Starting it gives me error My user account quot Owner quot spontaneously became password protected I got the password via cmd - gt net user Owner random I cannot access user accounts to turn password protection off I click on it the window opens but it remains completely white with no icons I cannot right click on quot properties quot in services If i click nothing happens I also can t right click on quot properties quot in device manager I click but nothing happens If I run sfc scannow it runs then closes back to the command prompt with seemingly nothing having changed If I run rootkit buster or Malwarebytes anti-malware in normal mode I get the BSOD x e I mentioned above this is the only time I get that BSOD now it used to happen more often and randomly The task bar does not come up when windows boots I can get it to come up by right clicking the bottom of the screen and activating quicklaunch then pulling it up Minimized windows etc cannot be viewed at the task bar Can only be accessed via Alt Tab Sorry this is so long I think that s everything I can post HJT log if asked nbsp

Relevancy 30.96%

My Floppy Disk Drive comes on every 3 minutes or so with nothing in it.
It works OK in every other aspect.
I can stop it by inserting a blank Disk,but would rather locate the fault !
Windows 98 is my OS.

THANK YOU IF YOU CAN HELP.
Mary.

A:Fault with Floppy

Hi, Mary and welcome to TSG

I never came across this as a " problem " but is there a chance somebody may be playing a joke on you ?
The reason I say this is that there is a small program ( I forget the name ) that will force \ tell your floppy and or cd rom to run.

Sorry I cant come up with anything else, it was just a thought, stick around and somebody may have a better answer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fault-with-floppy.134619/
Relevancy 30.96%

Can someone tell me what a Fault Bucket is, and do I need to be concerned about it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fault-buket.1166411/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a HP 6710b Laptop an a few weeks ago my @/' key stopped responding and would not work, i thought that it was strange because the button seemed to press perfectly but would not do anythink when tryin to type. I learnt to get around this by assigning a different key in in \microsoft word and got on with it. but now the same has happened to my backspace key and i have no clue why this would happen, Advise would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254195/keyboard-fault/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a fault :-

"conn API.dll"

can anyone help please. what is it ,what does it do, how to resolve fault??

A:Fault message

On another part of the forum, this problem was related to Adobe Photoshop Elements. If you have it installed you may look at that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fault-message.765557/
Relevancy 30.96%

i have windos vista when i start up it shows loading but then stays on black screen even when i go into safe mode

A:comuter fault

Hello and welcome to TSG.

Try Function 8 for the Advanced Boot menu and select Last Known Good Configuration and if that doesn't work, use your Vista DVD to try StartUp repair, or System Restore if that fails.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comuter-fault.980541/
Relevancy 30.96%

Good evening gents and lasses;

I am attempting to remove "Speedscan Pro" by Ascentive software from my sister's computer (naughty bugger she.) Scant info available at this time. She is running windows xp. What do y'all need to see?

badness

A:NOT my fault this time...

Hijack This (or that) log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:35:51 PM, on 11/27/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\AluSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton PC Checkup\executables\mrHealthy\MrHealthy.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.7.2.11\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.7.2.11\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 7\PCSuite.exe
C:\Program Files\Ascentive\Performance Center\ApcMain.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\Transports\NclUSBSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\Transports\NclRSSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Product Assistant\bin\hprblog.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\Ad-AwareInstallation.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\mia15F.tmp\Ad-AwareInstallation.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\16.7.2.11\IPSBHO.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.1.1309.15642\swg.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-my-fault-this-time.881007/
Relevancy 30.96%

Is this a screen issue, or something else - like a VGA or board issue? Can the display tell the story on this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gateway-mx6027-...yZ140081QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Thanks!

Relevancy 30.96%

I have had a Bit Torrent client "" Deluge "" crash on me 6 times today. On half of the crashes the Event viewer said it was

Fault Bucket 1205604003

Google doesn't have much to say about Fault Buckets.

Any help here?

Thanks

A:Fault Bucket???

As I understand it...fault buckets are basically program debug mistakes which cause the system/program to crash.See http://phorums.com.au/archive/index.php/t-210235.htmlWhen it happens on my system, I just assume that the program has damaged files, needs updating, or needs reinstalling. If it's a known program that I can't update and which I know has a history of being troublesome, I just ignore the error...since the resolution would probably involve removing the program.If I had a large number of these, due to the same application...I would remove the program permanently.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/264547/fault-bucket/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello, I have experienced some problems and I guess it is the HDD.

Samsung HD080HJ/P
Driver: 5.1.2535.0

I checked the event viewer and this is what I found.

Error ID 9

El dispositivo, \Device\Ide\IdePort2, no respondi? en el tiempo de espera permitido

Warning ID 51

Error detectado en el dispositivo \Device\Harddisk1\D durante una operaci?n de paginaci?n.

Also my machine is slow and it is brand new.

A:Fault Disk

First thing you want to do is check the cabling. Sometimes a loose power cable will cause those kind of errors. Also check the data cable to make sure it's properly connected both to the drive and the motherboard. If in doubt, try different data cables.
On the power side of things: I got the "device ide ideportx did not respond within the timeout period", and the paging error messages a lot when my drive clicked intermittently due to a weak power supply. i had a lot of trouble figuring it out because i thought my drive was failing or my cables were bad. turns out it was a faulty power supply. all my problems went away when i got a more powerful one. depending on your configuration, make sure you have a powerful enough PSU. I'm not very knowledgeable on how to calculate how much wattage is enough, but you can ask in the power supply forum
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f210/
you could also test by plugging the drive in a different computer. if it seems healthy, you'll know it's not the drive, but something it's connected to (either cables or PSU)

last one is your drive could simply be dying. you can use hardware diagnostics to find that out. see a list here
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f234...es-302602.html
make sure the above checks out and is ruled out before you try diagnostics (or even better run diagnostics while drive is connected to another computer). if the cables or PSU are faulty, the diagnostics could give you incorrect results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fault-disk-440054.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I'v got a weird problem which is: when i press the UP Arrow Key in ms word or notepad it comes up with the Date and time.
If anyone can answer on this it would be great.

Jit

A:Up Arrow Key Fault

Welcome to TSF....

It sounds like the up arrow key has been remapped at sometime this undoubtedly is a registry edit which could be dangerous at best to perform with out the data that it was made from originally.

Do you have the recovery/restore disk for this computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/up-arrow-key-fault-243319.html
Relevancy 30.96%

My PC stopped working whilst I was out I had left it switched on and sitting with the desktop showing I do not use standby or hibernation settings The screen was black Restarted but it didn t even go through POST The hard drive Electrical Fault powered up but that was it When I stripped it all out the main power supply connector from the Enermax PSU to the GA- VRXP m board was badly burned on pins and Electrical Fault red wires V and looked partially melted I have bought a new motherboard and PSU and will look at the old ones later but before I switch on the question is - What caused it and what Electrical Fault about the other components Is the fault still there lurking to strike again Something obviously took alot of V current What Even if I start with the minimum number of components and add one by one it could maybe go pop when the faulty component is added Could the Athlon cause it Help needed please nbsp

Relevancy 30.96%

My computer keeps popping up this message about a minute after start up quot system message - write fault error quot with about pop up boxes alert me with this message and tell me to to scan my hard drive Here is a log from Malwarebytes that I ran today and then I shutdown the computer Malwarebytes Anti-Malware system fault www malwarebytes org Database version v Windows Service Pack x NTFS Safe Mode Networking Internet Explorer Owner OWNER-PC administrator PM mbam-log- - - - - txt Scan type Full scan Scan options enabled Memory Startup Registry File System Heuristics Extra Heuristics Shuriken PUP PUM Scan options disabled P P Objects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Detected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Detected No malicious items detected Registry Keys Detected No malicious items detected Registry Values Detected HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run yfhMbjrqVgr exe Trojan Agent - gt Data quot C ProgramData yfhMbjrqVgr exe quot - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Data Items Detected HKCU system fault SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Start ShowMyComputer PUM Hijack StartMenu - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and repaired successfully HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Advanced Start ShowSearch PUM Hijack StartMenu - gt Bad Good - gt Quarantined and repaired successfully Folders Detected No malicious items detected Files Detected C ProgramData yfhMbjrqVgr exe Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Users Owner AppData LocalLow Sun Java Deployment cache c- a ba Trojan FakeAlert - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully end

A:system fault

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451411/system-fault/
Relevancy 30.96%

hello everybody,

I need to make a fault tolerance disk asap. does anybody know how to do this? i did a search in technet but it wasnt very helpful ..thanks

A:fault tolerance

woops, nevermind i found it. I didnt realize by doing a search for "bootable disk" i would find it ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fault-tolerance.71644/
Relevancy 30.96%

WinXP Home Sp-1

Sometimes, not always, when opening My Computer or Windows Explorer, it crashes. The App error log reports: explorer.exe version 6.0.2800.1221 has errored in faulting module ntdll.dll version 5.1.2600.1106 Fault address 0x00002109. It seems this ntdll.dll is the root.

Another error is logged: Fault bucket 50940626

1. As anyone experienced this?

2. Recently renamed the computer but, the original name still appears in Win Explorer as a folder. Only one user on this machine. Could this be it?

3. Do I ned to change the old name everywhere in the registry?

4. Should I just do an XP repair?

A:Fault Bucket

try running
sfc /scannow
don't miss the space after the c

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fault-bucket.155508/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi Have a fault that cant be resolved by my local helpdesk - have tried updating all drivers related.Symptom - Soft volume Conexant audio slider appears on screen and is permenantly set to mute, Mute button F11 permenanty on.Causes system instability during use. Currently dissabled SOUND and touchscreen to allow work to continue.  Any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/X-s-mute-fault/td-p/5641923
Relevancy 30.96%

My PC has developed a graphics fault this morning I have uploaded some screenshots from a digital camera that show the problem better than I can explain it http www briank plus com brian BIOS jpg http www briank plus com brian StartMenu jpg http www briank plus com brian Windows jpg The fault is only apparent on certain icons and graphics I also see the problem in the graphics on the BIOS settings pages The Graphics adapter is as follows - Name RADEON SERIES fault Graphics PNP Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV amp CCBFA amp amp Adapter Type Graphics fault ATI RADEON Series AGP x ATI Technologies Inc compatible Adapter Description RADEON SERIES Adapter RAM MB bytes Installed Drivers ati dvag dll Driver Version INF File oem inf ati mtag RV section Color Planes Color Table Entries Resolution x x hertz Bits Pixel Memory Address xC - xCFFFFFFF I O Port x A - x A FF Memory Address xFFCF - xFFCFFFFF IRQ Channel IRQ I O Port x B - x Graphics fault BB I O Port x C - x DF Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Driver c windows system drivers ati mtag sys MB bytes Name RADEON SERIES - Secondary PNP Graphics fault Device ID PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV amp CCBFA amp amp Adapter Type ATI RADEON Series Secondary AGP x ATI Technologies Inc compatible Adapter Description RADEON SERIES - Secondary Adapter RAM MB bytes Installed Drivers ati dvag dll Driver Version INF File oem inf ati mtag RV section Color Planes Not Available Color Table Entries Not Available Resolution Not Available Bits Pixel Not Available Memory Address xB - xBFFFFFFF Memory Address xFFCE - xFFCEFFFF Driver c windows system drivers ati mtag sys MB bytes Any suggestions welcome Brian nbsp

Relevancy 30.96%

Hello guys, fancy a go at this one?

I have had to reinstall Win10 to cure a problem with importing pics and videos from an SD card, so it is all a squeaky clean installation. Now it won't play MP3 files, where it did before.

Not only will it not play MP3 files either with VLC media player, 'Groove Music' or Windows Media Player, but it will not allow those files to be read and uploaded to the net. I can, however, play the MP3 file in an app called 'Audacity' where they were recorded.

Anyone had this problem? Nothing wrong with the machine, and it can only be a Win10 problem. All other sound works fine, just won't play MP3's

Justin

A:New MP3 file fault

Can you play MP3 Files from sources other than Audacity

If you can, did you remember to download and install the Lame Encoder for Audacity which is required to encode a usable MP3, it could also be some other encoder setting that's causing the ability to play.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/45031-new-mp3-file-fault.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Just recently, when I leave my PC running for longer than 15 minutes, for instance, when AVG is searching, my Screen Saver is progammed to cut in, but I get a black screen, it clears as usual, by moving the mouse, or touching a key.
I'm not particularly bothered by this as it does no harm, but wondered how it can be corrected, I've gone to properties for that area, but can't see anything there that I can do.

Thanks, Maurice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screensaver-fault.17878/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi my names conor,
I was noticing my laptop was slowing down and having a few errors then my laptop crashed and the system then tried to fix the errors.
Then it only goes straight to the BIOS and that I have no other option.
In the BIOS it say that the Main BIOS menu "hard disk:none" and "Optical Disk Drive:none"
Then in the boot menu is displays "New Position Policy [In First]"
Any help would be appreciated as I am an IT student and cant really afford to go get it repaired myself.

Thanks Conor.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/277350-bios-fault.html