Windows Support Forum

When connecting to wifi at a café - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access"

Q: When connecting to wifi at a café - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access"

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP get - Network wifi get a also "connected" I connecting to - Access" "Unidentified caf Internet Although I When No at with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there When connecting to wifi at a caf - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is no Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-i-get-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: When connecting to wifi at a café - Although I get "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 222.27%

Hello I have an Asus Netbook P running Windows SP with Internet Explorer I am often but not always experiencing the following issue When I attempt to connect to Wifi at a caf the quot Wireless Network Connection quot for the Network shows quot Connected quot yet there is no caf a Network although also - get No I When "connected" - Access" connecting at Internet "Unidentified to wifi Internet access Placing the nbsp pointer over the Connection icon in When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" the Notification Area displays quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot The network in question always has an SSID shown in the Wireless Network Connection list This issue occurs whether I am running only the Windows firewall or am only running the firewall that I prefer which is Comodo For antivirus I have Avast Pro with its quot web shield quot currently disabled and so far as this issue When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" is concerned it makes no difference whether this Avast component is enabled or disabled or When connecting to wifi at a caf - although "connected" I also get - "Unidentified Network No Internet Access" whether I disable all Avast Shields When this issue occurs there are often other customers in the caf nbsp connected to the caf wifi and also using the Internet I have to ask the caf to reset or turn off and then turn back on their router nbsp yet other customers do not have to do this to get Internet connection This is the issue at whatever caf to whose Wifi I attempt to connect Please help with a solution to this issue Regards Robert

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0d18050f-7c31-4f0f-92d1-8039e0225061/when-connecting-to-wifi-at-a-caf-although-quotconnectedquot-i-also-get-quotunidentified?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 135.78%

I m trying "unidentified Connected to wifi network" Solved: but to connect a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows Vista to my wireless network It connects to the network just fine but it says quot Unidentified network quot and I m unable to surf any websites using any browser It works fine with an ethernet cable ISP Time Warner Broadband connection Cable Make and Model of Modem Router Combo ASUS RT-N U router Cisco DPC R modem Name of the Anti-Virus Security or Firewall Software Windows Laptop Sony Vaio VGN-NR E Wireless card LAN-Express AS IEEE g PCI-E OS Solved: Connected to wifi but "unidentified network" Windows Vista -bit Network encryption WPA -personal AES Ghz ipconfig all output Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name eo-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description LAN-Express AS IEEE g PCI-E Adapter Physical Address - D-D - A- B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday August PM Lease Expires Monday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - A- -B - B- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E DA - A - B - FF - DC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

Relevancy 131.44%

My router is very old and limits my internet a lot so I decided to go directly through the modem No Internet" modem. Network directly "Unidentified to connected when and then through a switch to "Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem. allow for a fast wired and decent wireless connection My desktop seems to only connect to the internet when going through the router I have done quite a bit of troubleshooting and the weirdest part is that my laptop works fine with the same cable and connection that my desktop is meant to use While my desktop says unidentified network my laptop works fine Which leads me to believe that my computer is to blame I've reinstalled and updated the drivers to no avail Motherboard is MSI Z A-G Gaming ipconfig all gives this currently using wireless connection Code Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Host Name CatEatsGaming Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address removed unless you need it DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address D - D- E-ED- D-EE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c d c c Preferred IPv Address Duplicate Subnet Mask Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- - F-BC- -FE-ED- - D- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR x Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -FE-ED- - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c cb c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F- - F-BC- -FE-ED- - D- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A C -F - FF -B D - DAA EA D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BB EAA E-ADDF- A- FB-CA CA AA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:"Unidentified Network No Internet" when connected directly to modem.

What gateway do you have? Was everything working fine when you were running Windows 7 if you had it loaded on this unit, before installing 10?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60621-unidentified-network-no-internet-when-connected-directly-modem.html
Relevancy 131.44%

I had Win -bit running on a Dell to Connectivity; "Unidentified Network" Internet Lost Connected PC About one week ago I noticed Internet connectivity was gone and that there was quot Lost Internet Connectivity; Connected to "Unidentified Network" limited connectivity quot as I was now connected to an quot unidentified network quot The other systems on the network are still connected and Lost Internet Connectivity; Connected to "Unidentified Network" working perfect the problem is isolated to this one system The network uses a static IP scheme quot IPCONFIG ALL quot shows that the IP is assigned is included on the correct subnet and has the correct gateway and DNS information I've tried a host of solutions suggested on forums from quot route delete quot to disabling my firewall to configuring for a dynamic IP Nothing has worked Reluctantly I resorted to a fresh install as I began to worry that I may have picked something up I completely wiped the hard drive and did a fresh Win -bit installation all only to have the same problem I assume that the NIC is functioning as it accepts all IP settings Any suggestions

A:Lost Internet Connectivity; Connected to "Unidentified Network"

Hi Nick,

Is this a wired or wireless connection issue?

Can you please post an ipconfig /all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/214770-lost-internet-connectivity-connected-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 130.2%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 129.89%

Hello all

We just recently upgraded the router and modem for our home internet. I can connect to the internet through other devices (work computer, etc.), but am unable to connect through my 7 year old Compaq Presario CQ50. Currently, it is connecting to the "unidentified network", but won't connect to the internet. So far, I've:

1. Unplugged the modem and power cord for a few minutes, then plugged back in.
2. Uninstalled the network adapters (Atheros AR5007 and Realtek RTL8102E) and restarted the computer. Additionally, I tried updating the device drivers but it says they're up to date
3. Disabled IPv6
4. Modified the routing table using "route delete 0.0.0.0"
5. Ran "ipconfig/renew"
6. Forgot the network then reconnected.

None off these have worked unfortunately. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'm wondering if it could possibly be an outdated network card maybe?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/304523-vista-connecting-unidentified-network-but-not-internet.html
Relevancy 128.34%

Hello

My Brand new Laptop: Lenovo g505 after upgrading it to windows 8.1 from MS Apps store now i am not able to connect to internet i get "limited" or "No Internet Access". i have tried to re install the driver no luck

Lenovo support suggests to do factory rest but i dont want to go back to windows 8

Does anyone else has any other idea on how to fix this issue ?
Thank you very much

A:Windows 8.1 Wifi showing "limited" or "No Internet Access"

Try rebooting the router & modem. Usually limited connection, means that the compute has failed to communicate properly with the Wireless Access Point, or wired router connection.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41257-windows-8-1-wifi-showing-limited-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 126.17%

Hi everyone, this morning I turned on the PC to do the usual stuff but I could not connect to my internet with the error "Unidentified Network - Limited". After trying to troubleshoot my ethernet I get the error "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration". After troubleshooting didn't work I took to the web. I literally tried every solution I found... to no avail. This brings me to extra frustration since I only built my PC last thursday.

System Specs: CPU; AMD A6-6400K
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-F2A75M
RAM: Kingston 8GB
Storage: 2x 1tb WD Blue
GPU; Gigabyte GTX 650
PSU: Corsair 600w
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95
Case: Corsair 200r
Operating system: Windows 8

IPConfig /all: (Will get when I find something to transfer over the info)

A:"Unidentified Network - Limited" and "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-limited-and-ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration.1113621/
Relevancy 125.55%

I am trying to use a new Macbook Pro with an existing wifi network that has several Windows 7 PCs. The Mac has no problems getting on the wifi network. I can connect to the Mac from my Windows 7 PC to read files on the Mac and transfer files from the PC
to the Mac. But I cannot get the Mac to connect to my Windows 7 PC. I want the Mac to read files on the PC and use the printer that is connected to the PC.
When I try to connect to the PC from the Mac, I get an error message on the Mac saying ?there are no shares available or you are not allowed to access them on the server?.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4f975081-3a8e-43fa-91e2-0831401415e6/trouble-connecting-a-macbook-to-a-windows-7-home-wifi-network-quotno-shares-availableor?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 124.62%

Hello there I'm sorry this has been posted numerous times before but I've read through everything but haven't yet found a fix The problem is I get the quot Unidentified network quot message when I try to connect to internet (LAN) network" "Unidentified No access - the internet via LAN I just built a new PC and started getting this error I've never used LAN before and the same issue occurs when I try it on my laptop Wi-Fi works fine though I've tried the following Uninstalling reinstalling network adapter driver quot netsh winsock reset "Unidentified network" - No internet access (LAN) quot quot netsh int ip reset resetlog txt quot quot ipconfig flushdns quot Reverting machine settings to before the first Windows update Disabling IPv Changing LAN cable Connecting to another PC Changing quot Speed and duplex quot settings Turning off firewall no anti-virus installed Reseting and restarting router as well as trying other ports Edit Reseting DHCP and DNS client both set at automatic startup Ipconfig Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Workstation Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address BC- F-F - B- A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f e d c e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AA-F - -BC- F-F - B- A- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address BC- F-F - -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - BB- CD - CC - B D B A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F E - - CC-BE F-AEA B E A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:"Unidentified network" - No internet access (LAN)

the subnet mask should be 255.255.255.0 and the default gateway is not present, what is your router brand, are you using a range extender? Try changing Workstation on the system page to something personal on all your machines, then setup the network connection from the main page of Network and Sharing, setup new connection or network. Your router address should be the default gateway and can be set in the advanced button of the ipv4 properties page, something like 192.168.0.1

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281902-unidentified-network-no-internet-access-lan.html
Relevancy 124.62%

I have spent hours and hours trying to figure this out but no luck yet I am in a desperate need of help Main problem Wireless internet connection quot Unidentified network No Internet Access quot Access" No Internet "Unidentified Network, on my new desktop PC in the LIVINGROOM But strange thing is when I bring this same PC to MY ROOM where the modem is located it works perfectly wired and wireless both My wifi also have been working just fine on my laptops iPad and "Unidentified Network, No Internet Access" android phone I just bought this Gateway DESKTOP PC couple days ago on newegg -Part Number SX -UR P -BIOS P -A -Windows Premium Bit -AMD A -Integrated LAN -Wireless LAN n Wireless LAN Card In the livingroom it says quot Unidentified Network No Internet Access quot but right below this it says quot Connected quot next to my SSID Yea this is freaking weird I have already tried - Wireless Network Connection Properties TCP IPv and TCP IPv -- gt installed both amp set "Unidentified Network, No Internet Access" to obtain address automatically - Uninstalled Norton completely and restarted with Norton remover - Updated windows and reboot - Tried "Unidentified Network, No Internet Access" updating driver but windows tells me it is up to date - I called Gateway and they even told me to REFORMAT Windows to factory settings Still did not work Again it really boggles my mind that wifi works in my room ON THIS SAME PC without any problems Please help me Thank you so much in advance nbsp

Relevancy 121.83%

my network access icon on the bottom right taskbar has a yellow triangle over it and says i have "no internet access" even though i clearly have internet.

How to fix this?

A:network icon says "no internet access" but i am connected

Try to disable and enable the WiFi adapter by going through 'Network and Sharing Center' .

Or have you restart your system? Usually there's only a delayed monitoring which it didn't show in realtime.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/network-icon-says-no-internet-access-but-i-am-connected.51155/
Relevancy 121.52%

Hi everybody I got a problem from hell I purchased a laptop recently with Windows Home Premium I discovered that the New Express slot did not allow for my previous laptops PCMCIA wireless Windows7 "Unidentified connected to XP Windows Network" modem to be fitted no matter Windows XP connected to Windows7 "Unidentified Network" I bravely connected the two laptops using the old laptop running Windows XP Prof SP with a crossover cable and then setup the Windows XP connected to Windows7 "Unidentified Network" Internet sharing connection and stumbled across a working link to the Internet with my newer laptop Happy days for a while then with upgrades of Virus software and Windows updates being run on the newer laptop a mother of all problems broke the unthinkable quot Unidentified network quot So off to SevensForum and to the rescue or not Discovered quot Set Registry Editor quot to quot Public quot quot Private quot or quot Default not configured quot so now I able to set the Home network or set Public network as I like but the network remains unidentified and the link to the Internet connection has the little red cross the the globe icon is a bleak Grey color This is too much for the troubleshooting not able to identify as details reveal quot No issues detected quot I don't know what to say please someone help quot Brink quot got me this far How does one add screen shots here I suppose the easy way is to go buy another wireless modem that will fit in the express slot but that would be cheating

A:Windows XP connected to Windows7 "Unidentified Network"

I have the same thing. I have internet though. I guess it's just a glitch in the networking code.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/102700-windows-xp-connected-windows7-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 119.66%

Good afternoon I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me with an unusual issue I am experiencing We have a swapping ethernet/wifi Network" between "Unidentified number of different laptops running Windows and all have the same issue The very first time a laptop is connected to the company network via Ethernet or WiFi lets assume we have connected by WiFi you receive the prompt to choose a network location After selecting swapping between ethernet/wifi "Unidentified Network" quot work quot the laptop can connect to the domain and everything works as expected Now if the WiFi on the laptop is switched off and the user try's to swapping between ethernet/wifi "Unidentified Network" use the Ethernet connection the Ethernet adapter reports a quot Unidentified Network quot The only way to get the Ethernet adapter to discover the domain is swapping between ethernet/wifi "Unidentified Network" to disable the WiFi adapter completely which our users cannot do as they do not have Admin permissions on our systems Anyone had and similar issues or heard of anything like this Any help would be gratefully received

A:swapping between ethernet/wifi "Unidentified Network"

I suspect but this may be dependent on the hardware/firmware in the laptops that they are only able to use a single adaptor, in other words they don't have dual port capabilities, sometimes if they have a power save active it will only allow 1 port, you really need to check the laptop model specs.
Have you tried to plug in and connect with a Ethernet and once you have established a connection try the wifi link,
As for not having permission can your IT not allow that specific permission.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252604-swapping-between-ethernet-wifi-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 119.35%

Hi I've been dealing with this for days and I hope someone can help me out This problem started very suddenly Wifi worked walked away for minutes then found that it didn't I would normally just reset the router but I live in an apartment building and the router is in my landlords office I am unsure if anyone else is experiencing issues however my laptop connects to wifi at my workplace and on to network" but "unidentified I get router, Connecting my school's campus When I did ipconfig all my ip started with which I know isn't normal But when I try to do a release Connecting to router, but I get "unidentified network" and renew I get the error quot No operation can be performed on local area connection while it has it's media disconnected quot I am unable to attempt a wired connection as the router is not accessible to me Can anyone help me out I'm at a loss I'm not sure if this is a router issue or an issue with my laptop less than a year old I am a grad student and I currently have to do most of my work via my iphone which is getting very inconvenient

A:Connecting to router, but I get "unidentified network"

The first thing I would do is get your landlord to reset the router if possible and see if that solves the issue , with these things the connecting hardware is always the first thing I always check.
169 is an automatic fallback when your PC can't connect to the DHCP server.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39571-connecting-router-but-i-get-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 117.8%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 117.18%

Hi,
I am hoping you can help me with my problem.
My main laptop (Sony Vaio VPCCB15FG) in the last week just stopped accessing the internet via WiFi.
It says it has Limited Acess but I have no idea how to fix it.

The other 3 computers in the house (Custom desktop, Toshiba Net book, Samsung Laptop) can all access the internet as normal.

It is only the Sony that is being problomatic.
It is also running rather slow for the spec so that may be related.

Please help! I am not super computer savy so please give simple instructions.

Cheers

GTNeil

A:Sony Vaio Laptop "stopped" connecting to WiFi connection " Limited acc

Hi,

My name is Riyaz and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.

I May be able to provide you with a Resolution. Please post the Specifications of this computer. Mainly the Wireless Card and the Type of Operating System your using.

Regards
Riyaz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236639-sony-vaio-laptop-stopped-connecting-wifi-connection-limited-acc.html
Relevancy 116.56%

Hello everyone how are you!

I have a question, actually I'm development a application for sharing internet connection. I'm using "Wireless Hosted Network and Internet Connection Sharing" that it's in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd815252%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I want change default IP Address range and I have read that these settings it's in next address:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters.

My question is, How I can restart or update the "Internet Connection Shraring" or "Wireless Hosted Network" after I change the IP Address range for that assign IP Address different to default.

Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cad8769-ac99-4437-8b52-752a0cf85da9/restart-or-update-the-quotinternet-connection-shraringquot-or-quotwireless-hosted?forum=netmon
Relevancy 116.56%

ive / another Yet "unidentified thread....help!! limited access" network been searching here all night and on other forums and have tried just about Yet another "unidentified network / limited access" thread....help!! everything so here goes all was working perfectly fine yesterday i brought my netbook to Yet another "unidentified network / limited access" thread....help!! work as usual to connect to our unsecured wifi network never an issue i started getting quot limited access quot and quot unidentified network quot messages apparently after a brief search of the internet its a common and troublesome thing i tried EVERYTHING i could find on google and other forums about it Hardware Acer Aspire One D netbook Atheros WLAN with up-to-date driver What i have tried with NO success disable re-enable the wireless card update rollback the driver for it confirm the properties for the IPv and IPv were set to auto detect ran winipconfig reset winsock release and renew IP etc all of the command line functions i could find system restore to days ago when i get all of my ip info for the computer it is showing the ip for the wireless adapter is xx xx which from my reading is an erroneous address when connected to the same network via iphone it shows a proper xx xx ip address ive tried everything and cant get it to work i CANT reset the router since i dont have access to it but then again since my iphone connects to it properly so should the computer i will try to connect to my home network shortly when i get home any other ideas short of reinstalling windows and WHY does this happen

A:Yet another "unidentified network / limited access" thread....help!!

Hmm.. can you try inputting the the IPV4 address in the properties of your wireless card manually?

I find that this forcing of manual IP settings often helps alleviate this unidentified network issue that happens occasionally on some networks i connect to..

For example:-

In your IP Version 4 Properties box:-

Set the IP to 192.168.2xx.xx (fill up the xxx with the same numbers as your network, e.g if your gateway is 192.168.220.2, you IP should be 192.168.220.27, 27 being the manual allocation)

Set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0

and lastly set the default gateway to 192.169.2xx.xx (Fill up the xxx with your network gateway numbers)

If you want you can also set the Preferred DNS server address to that of your gateway

Try the above and see how it goes..

Hope that helps...

EDIT: I forgot to read the part that mentioned you're on a network at work which means you may need to get the Default Gateway and DNS addresses from your IT guy. Also they may not allow manual IP allocations beyond that which have been allocated by the DHCP.. So.. YMMV..

Also, i believe you can also acquire the required numbers from your iPhone's IP address display i think...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209109-yet-another-unidentified-network-limited-access-thread-help.html
Relevancy 116.56%

Srry i know this post is a bit old but i recently just got this problem i can access the internet fine but i cant access my network settings, user settings, or see the the properties of my pc. i tried running your solution Brink but the scannow showed

"Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow
Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.
C:\Windows\system32>"

i then ran sfc /verifyonly but got the same answer.

i then ran findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt. and the txt file came up blank.

idk wat to do rite now i am at my witts end.

A:Can't access "Network and Sharing Center" nor "User Accounts"

Hello Jayrrus, and welcome to Vista Forums.

I would recommend that you use Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper to scan your system with at boot to help make sure that your system is malware free first.

Afterwards, you might see if you may be able to do a system restore at boot using a restore point dated before you had these issues to see if that may be able to fix them.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292657-cant-access-network-sharing-center-nor-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 116.56%

The control panel opens fine. I can access all items in the control panel
except "Network and sharing center" and the "User accounts" (I can't access this sections via the taskbar either).

What happens when I open one of the two items is I get a popup saying the
following; WINDOWS EXPLORER HAS STOPPED WORKING.

I used to be able to access these items. And one day, I just coulodn't anymore...

Anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks.

I'm using Vista Ultimate x64

A:Can't access "Network and Sharing Center" nor "User Accounts"

Hello Newbie,

See if running a sfc /scannow can find and fix bad system files that may be responsible for this.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/187690-cant-access-network-sharing-center-nor-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 116.56%

I'm using a MBP mid 2012 15-inch non-retina running Windows 7 through BootCamp.
I decided to update my installation to the SP1 and hence installed a few Windows essential updates. After the update, I realized that my WiFi failed to connect to any hotspot, although all were present in the connection selection dialogue in the system tray. On clicking connect on any SSID, it takes around 30 seconds and then says "Connection unsuccessful , Limited connectivity to **** "
Also, neither connecting an ethernet cable nor USB tethering from my Android phone seem to work. Any help?
I've tried installing the latest BootCamp Support software, tried uninstalling and deleting existing ethernet and wireless adapter drivers

MacBook Pro, Windows 7, Running OS X 10.8.3 and BootCamp 5

EDIT: I have manually update both the ethernet and WLAN drivers, to no avail

A:Windows 7 SP1 WiFi Fails "Limited Access/Not Connected" after update

Please complete so our BSOD Team can have a look.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378743-windows-7-sp1-wifi-fails-limited-access-not-connected-after-update.html
Relevancy 116.56%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 116.25%

Here at work, for some months, I've been connected to my company's LAN by ethernet cable, and I could also connect to the WiFi in our office (run by our joint venture partner company). All that would happen is that as soon as I connected to the WiFi, that network became my "primary" one, i.e. if I went to check my external IP, it would be the WiFi one that would show up, and I'd have trouble connecting Outlook, etc, since my PC now thought I was on a different network).

The last few days, however, I can't connect to the WiFi at all. It finds the network, but constantly just says "Waiting For Network". However if I pull the ethernet cable out of the PC (i.e. disconnect from my company's LAN), I can them connect to the WiFi no bother.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 115.94%

G day all I am hoping someone may be able to tell me why my local folders appear under quot The Internet quot Local Places" Solved: opening Network appear "My Folders "The as Internet"when on one of our work computers rather than under quot Local Network quot We have four machines running XP Home and one running XP Pro The front machine has XP Home on it and I cannot open any Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" of the shared folders for this machine on any of the other three machines even though they all have the same workgroup name Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places" They are all connected via CAT cable and we have a Netcomm NB ADSL modem router a Netcomm V Telephone Adapter VOIP modem and an port switch in the boss s office And the front computer s folder s and drives that I have chosen to be shared are listed under quot The Internet quot Does anyone know why this is and how I would go about correcting it Thankyou for your help and time Aaron nbsp

A:Solved: Local Folders appear as "The Internet"when opening "My Network Places"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-folders-appear-as-the-internet-when-opening-my-network-places.578697/
Relevancy 115.32%

I just moved to Peru for my study abroad. When I first connected to the wi-fi in my homestay I was successful. Suddenly, I cannot get internet access and it says it is an "unidentified network". I have tried manually inputting IP addresses, DNS, etc. I have tried forgetting the network and disabling my virus protection. I can't even get internet when I plug an ethernet cable into my computer, directly into the router. My laptop is the only thing that isn't working, other people's computers work and my iPod and smart phone work with the network. I have a Lenovo Win7 PC, running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

A:Cannot get internet access on wireless nor local area, "unidentified"

Hello barooke Welcome to the Seven Forums!

The place to be is in the Control Panel>Network & Sharing Center. Note the image here.

Once you click on the link you will find the troubleshooting options for internet connection at the top as well as for network adapters. If you select the network adapters option select the "all adapters" option as well as the advanced which will see the automatically fix errors box already checked off.

You should be seeing a large red X right inbetween the network name on your laptop like unknown and internet when first opened. If the first attempt using the network adapters option works that will become a solid line as seen in the image there.. Clicking on the red X itself is the same as selecting the internet connections options which also sees the automatically fix errors box checked off under Advanced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245456-cannot-get-internet-access-wireless-nor-local-area-unidentified.html
Relevancy 115.01%

Hi,

I am connected to a public wifi in my building thru built-in adapter of my laptop. I am running Windows 7 Home Basic. The connection allows only one device to run on one login name. I need to share this connection with my other device by turning my laptop into hotspot or thru ethernet. I have tried using Virtual Wifi Miniport and Connectify. I have tried LAN also. But I encounter the same problem in all the cases. As soon as I turn on internet sharing thru the properties of my public wifi connection, the Virtual Wifi or the LAN turn "Unidentified" and there is no internet on my other device. I even tried using a usb wifi adapter to connect to public wifi and sharing the internet over my laptop's adapter and vice versa but to no avail.

Please help...

A:Network turns "Unidentified" on Internet Connection Sharing

Call tech support for the public Wi-Fi and see if they have made ICS unusable to prevent people from trying to circumvent their restriction. Whether they have or not we will not help. Closing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-turns-unidentified-on-internet-connection-sharing.1083683/
Relevancy 115.01%

Hello all this is my first time posting here Today I encountered an issue with my Ethernet on my Windows Desktop after restarting my router losing access to the internet and I can't seem to figure out what went wrong at all I recently restarted my router since my internet was hiccuping the past couple days and would disconnect for after Internet" Network Ethernet - No restart W10 "Unidentified router a couple minutes at a time I did the same thing a few days ago and the first time I restarted my router no issues occurred on my desktop It naturally reconnected after W10 Ethernet "Unidentified Network - No Internet" after router restart a few minutes once the router came back online Today I did the same thing and restarted my router however this time I tried Troubleshooting on my desktop to try and reconnect faster I have a W10 Ethernet "Unidentified Network - No Internet" after router restart Macbook that I also use and I saw it reconnected first so I thought my Desktop needed an extra boost and I started the Troubleshooting process During the process I saw it said it disabled the Ethernet and reenabled it Once the process was complete it showed it couldn't find any problems but my internet was still disconnected Now my Ethernet is shown as an Unidentified Network with no internet access on a Public Network I've tried disabling and reenabling my Ethernet restarting the router once more and rebooting my PC all to no avail Whenever I troubleshoot it it says no issues could be found My laptop and the other computers in the household are connecting just fine It seems like my PC lost the credentials to connect to the network automatically during the router's restart and now is stuck in limbo At least that's my guess The ethernet shows there's no network access on IPv or IPv connectivity and when going to Ethernet Properties it shows my IPv DNS Servers as fec ffff fec ffff and fec ffff The manufacturer is Realtek I really don't see how it's a hardware or software issue as it was working completely normally before I did the router restart As I said the one thing I did different was initiate Network Troubleshooting while the router was still starting up which I thing caused the desktop's connection flub out Regardless I'm at a loss on what to do Any help would be appreciated and please forgive me if I didn't provide enough details here my first time I'll do my best to provide any needed info if necessary

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/56061-w10-ethernet-unidentified-network-no-internet-after-router-restart.html
Relevancy 115.01%

I'm running a Dell Dimension 5150 that recently updated the graphics card from the stock card to an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT and NAV 2009, if that helps any. The adapter I'm having an issue with is a Linksys 2.4 GHz adapter (802.11g).

There are two computers running on my newtork; the above-mentioned machine and a new Mac running Leopard. The PROBLEM (at last): the Mac runs on the same network without so much as a hiccup, and my PC is stuck between "Acquiring Network Address" and being unable to connect with the access point entirely, starting the cycle all over again. Before the graphics card upgrade and the installation of Norton, this wasn't a problem.

Thanks in advance!

A:"Acquiring Internet Address" / "Cannot associate with access point"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acquiring-internet-address-cannot-associate-with-access-point.848797/
Relevancy 114.7%

Hey, I am really hoping someone can help me solve this problem, it's driving me up the wall!
When I started using my computer this morning everything was fine, and then "no network access" kept appearing, along with "limited connection/connectivity". I would troubleshoot the problem, but then at the end of the troubleshoot it would freeze, and my screen went black, so I had to turn my computer off and then on again. This problem has persisted throughout the day, I've googled it but nothing really the same as this has turned up .. if someone could please please help me, I'd really appreciate it!

A:"No Network Access" and "Limited Connection/Connectivity" ?

Hi Caoimhe123

My name is Riyazuddin and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell

If its a wired connection - I suggest you to try using a different ethernet cable and check,
If its a wireless connection - Try to get to the router as close as possible and check,

Please specify the type of connection, model of the router, OS and the wireless card your using and reply back

Regards
Riyazuddin M

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241273-no-network-access-limited-connection-connectivity.html
Relevancy 114.7%

Two days ago I was streaming video to JTV when suddenly my computer froze Connectivity Network" "Unidentified Router to Internet or No with I immediately knew it was strange because the computer did not respond to mouse movement or ctrl alt del which has never happened before in the years of owning this rig I proceeded to reboot the computer "Unidentified Network" with No Connectivity to Router or Internet and found that I was not connected to the internet I turned off the Router and Modem for seconds and plugged it back in which did not resolve the issue I then decided that the video I was uploading may have overloaded the router Linksys WRT G v so I performed a Hard Reset of the router which did not resolve the issue It instead caused another issue which I corrected by changing the TCP ip settings to DHCP because it was before set on a static IP When changing the settings however I noticed that upon clicking quot Okay quot from the properties menu the window would become unresponsive and not close unless I rebooted I booted up in Safe Mode with Networking to succesfully change the settings but even in Safe Mode my connection to the internet does not work What makes this case particularly odd to me is the fact that I can NOT open my router s web page I will put my router s IP into the Browser but it loads forever and does not connect Usually if my internet connection is the problem I can still get to my Router Unfortunately I can not get any information off of the effected computer because I lack any flash drives to do so with so I can not post an ipconfig all for you I can confirm that there is nothing wrong with my network tcp ip settings So my problem in a nutshell is After my computer froze I suddenly can not connect to my router or the internet while every other device in the house can I have tried bypassing the router and hooking directly into the modem as well The network shows up as quot Unidentified Public Network quot with no connectvity I have also disabled and re-enabled the nForce Networking Controller driver and even uninstalled and reinstalled it Also Network Troubleshooter is unable to identify the problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-with-no-connectivity-to-router-or-internet.930555/
Relevancy 114.7%

Two day ago I was streaming video to JTV when suddenly my computer froze I immediately knew it was strange because the computer did not respond to mouse movement or ctrl alt del which has never happened before in the years of owning this rig I proceeded to reboot the computer and found that I was not connected to the internet I turned off the Router and Modem for seconds and plugged it back in which did not resolve the issue I then decided that the video I was uploading may have overloaded the router Linksys to with Connectivity Router "Unidentified or No Network" Internet WRT G v so I performed a Hard Reset of the router which did not resolve the issue It instead "Unidentified Network" with No Connectivity to Router or Internet caused another issue which I corrected by changing the TCP ip settings to DHCP because it was before set on a static IP When changing the settings however I noticed that upon clicking quot Okay quot from the properties menu the "Unidentified Network" with No Connectivity to Router or Internet window would become unresponsive and not close unless I rebooted I booted up in Safe Mode with "Unidentified Network" with No Connectivity to Router or Internet Networking to succesfully change the settings but even in Safe Mode my connection to the internet does not work What makes this case particularly odd to me is the fact that I can NOT open my router's web page I will put my router's IP into the Browser but it loads forever and does not connect Usually if my internet connection is the problem I can still get to my Router Unfortunately I can not get any information off of the effected computer because I lack any flash drives to do so with so I can not post an ipconfig all for you I can confirm that there is nothing wrong with my network tcp ip settings So my problem in a nutshell is After my computer froze I suddenly can not connect to my router or the internet while every other device in the house can I have tried bypassing the router and hooking directly into the modem as well The network shows up as quot Unidentified Public Network quot with no connectvity I have also disabled and re-enabled the nForce Networking Controller driver and even uninstalled and reinstalled it

A:"Unidentified Network" with No Connectivity to Router or Internet

Following some of the steps in this tutorial might help
Unidentified Networks - Set as Private or Public

There is a chance that your default gateway was changed in which case the link below might help.
Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

You should also try another reset of your router with DHCP enabled on the Win 7 machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/92517-unidentified-network-no-connectivity-router-internet.html
Relevancy 114.7%

I am using a wired connection on Vista Ultimate x I ve ascertained that the ethernet cord is not the culprit I have a x xp pro laptop which works fine using the wire It says quot Unidentified Network quot local only when I mouse over click "Unidentified Wired Internet Problems Network" the network tray Icon I believe this is a Wired Internet Problems "Unidentified Network" problem of ip autoconfiguration but I can t seem to turn it off I am using internet supplied on a college campus so I cannot turn off my router and modem for seconds and restart them I have already tried editing the registry at something like HKEY LOCAL MACHINE GUID I added BcastToggle and set it to for both of my ethernet plugs I only use one at a time I have included the ipconfig all from cmd for your consideration any help would be greatly appreciated Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Optimus-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - - B- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B B E- - -B E- CF A C br AE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D A- CE - DF- B- FE A B br FC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

Relevancy 114.39%

I tried to associate the file extension .txt to a new editor program
with the well known cmdline programs ASSOC and FTYPE.

No, assigning them through WinExplorer menu does not work.
But this is another problem which should not discussed here.

When I type now one of the following alternative commands at the CommandPrompt then Win7 returns me something like:

assoc .txt=txtfile

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: .txt"

or

ftype txtfile=D:\notepad++\notepad++.exe "%%1"

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: txtfile"

Why?

The command above work fine under WinXP

Peter

A:"access denied" when using "assoc" and "ftype" from cmdline?

Question:

Did you run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges?
Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101442-access-denied-when-using-assoc-ftype-cmdline.html
Relevancy 113.77%

Hi guys I m trying to set up my wifi on my old ASUS P AD E XP Pro SP but the WPA encrypted wifi doesn Wifi lag "Connecting XP to on Network" Setting t seem to register with XP I have all my Windows systems easily paired with the WPA wifi but when I go into Network settings in XP XP picks up on the Wifi SSID name but when I double click on the network name and type in the -key WPA key it shows the message quot connecting to Network quot for about - minutes then the box dissapears without connecting to the Wifi network Everytime I click on the SSID name it asks to enter the passkey but it then lags for minutes telling me it is connecting to the network but it never does Also I need to always go into quot services msc quot to enable the quot Wireless Zero Configuration quot so that XP can search for the Wifi network I have the Wireless Zero configuration set to quot start Automatically quot but I always have to click quot Start Service quot button in order to even search for the network The adapter card installed on Setting Wifi on XP "Connecting to Network" lag the motherboard Setting Wifi on XP "Connecting to Network" lag is a quot Linksys WMP G Wireless G- PCI Adapter quot I also tried to use the Setting Wifi on XP "Connecting to Network" lag onboard ASUS wireless driver that is integrated with the motherboard but when I tried to enter the key WPA code the ASUS Wifi control panel software was asking me to enter either -digit or digit hexadecimal codes I was able to use the onboard ASUS wifi previously with my older wifi modem from my different service provider but I guess the hardware is now too old to accept newer encryption from my new service provider router that uses WPA Do you think the Linksys card is also too old to accept the modern WPA encryption WIN XP SP with Linksys WMP G PCI Adapter MOBO ASUS P AD E nbsp

A:Setting Wifi on XP "Connecting to Network" lag

it maybe - as its a hardware requirement for WPA2
try seeing if there are any updated drivers available for the device

If you have NO security or WEP Security setup on the router - will the XP PC now connect ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-wifi-on-xp-connecting-to-network-lag.1154240/
Relevancy 113.46%

I know this problem has been discussed on this forum before but none of the solutions worked for me I just reformatted my hard drive about days ago after it refused network" Can't to - internet connect "Unidentified to boot up I reinstalled Windows and everything was working Can't connect to internet - "Unidentified network" just fine for about hours then for no apparent reason my internet connection dropped while I was browsing the internet That was days ago My connection is still down My wireless card is picking up the signal from my router but when I try to connect to the network it tells me I am connected to an quot Unidentified network quot and have no internet access I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network drivers system restore as well as quot netsh winsock reset quot quot netsh Can't connect to internet - "Unidentified network" int ip reset reset log quot and quot netsh winsock reset catalog quot The quot ipconfig renew quot command gives me the following message quot An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out quot Windows Network Diagnostics says I have two problems quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point quot quot Wireless Network Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot I have never encountered this problem before and I have been using this same PC and wireless card for months I would really appreciate some help with this because recently my PC has just been having one problem after the next Here is my quot ipconfig all quot information as well as the messages I get when using the renew command I noticed I don't have a default gateway listed which I'm hoping might be a clue to my problem C Users Jason gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jason-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek Extensible b g Wireles s Device Physical Address - - - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ee a e d d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A - - - - F-BC- -DF-D DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL D D Family PCI-E Gigab it Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - F-BC- -DF-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A C - EF- A -BD -AA E DC E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C D EDC-BC - D-BEF - CB FB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Jason gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected An error occurred while releasing interface Loopback Pseudo-Interface The sy stem cannot find the file specified

A:Can't connect to internet - "Unidentified network"

Quote: Originally Posted by Jofo

I know this problem has been discussed on this forum before, but none of the solutions worked for me.

I just reformatted my hard drive about 3 days ago after it refused to boot up. I reinstalled Windows 7 and everything was working just fine for about 2 hours, then for no apparent reason my internet connection dropped while I was browsing the internet. That was 3 days ago. My connection is still down.

My wireless card is picking up the signal from my router, but when I try to connect to the network it tells me I am connected to an "Unidentified network" and have no internet access. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network drivers, system restore, as well as "netsh winsock reset" "netsh int ip reset reset.log" and "netsh winsock reset catalog".

The "ipconfig /renew" command gives me the following message: "An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out."

Windows Network Diagnostics says I have two problems.
1) "Problem with wireless adapter or access point."
2) "Wireless Network Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration."

I have never encountered this problem before, and I have been using this same PC and wireless card for 6 months. I would really appreciate some help with this because recently my PC has just been having one problem after the next.

Here is my "ipconfig /all" information as well as the messages I get when using the /renew command. I noticed I don't have a default gateway listed, which I'm hoping might be a clue to my problem:

C:\Users\Jason>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Jason-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek 8185 Extensible 802.11b/g Wireles
s Device
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 08-10-74-54-31-84
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::91ee:a82e:d02d:296e%20(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.41.110(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 336072820
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-13-A3-52-80-00-1F-BC-08-DF-D2

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigab
it Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-BC-08-DF-D2

Tunnel adapter isatap.{2A0C0216-94EF-4A16-BD52-AA9E46DC508E}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90981-cant-connect-internet-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 113.46%

My Toshiba Satellite L d-s suddenly started not connecting to the Internet via wireless router Linksys WRT N and motorola surfboard cable modem It connects to the modem but I get quot No Internet access quot and at the top it says quot Unidentified network quot but underneath it shows being connected to the router but quot NIA quot Troubleshooting instructs to cycle the modem which I have done several times no help The modem and router are good as we have an Acer netbook and two I phones connected to the Internet via the same router I have gone over the forum and tried solutions for simuliar problems with no "No Unidentified connection" Internet network avail This laptop and a Toshiba netbook we both Oliver in when we had a lightening strike weeks ago I gave up on the netbook and am trying to decide if I want to keep spending time on it PS please "No Internet connection" Unidentified network no comments on lighting protection I have GE lighting protectors on the incoming power The lighting came through An improperly installed cable connection which was not buried The cable was not grounded and no fuseable link installed The modem and router literally exploded and the strike jumped to the AC via the modem power supply and burned several wires and breakers All should check your incoming cable

A:"No Internet connection" Unidentified network

Welcome to SF,

Have you uninstalled/reinstalled the driver from Device Manager? Do you have the latest driver?

Can you please post an ipconfig /all for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/161960-no-internet-connection-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 113.15%

Hello! My Windows 10 installation can't auto-connect to wifi after turning on, If it does, it says "No Internet" every time. Is there a way to fix this?

(My WiFi Dongle: KOOTEK WIFI DONGLE)

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45195-no-internet-when-auto-connecting-wifi-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 113.15%

Hello everyone,I've been having a problem since I updated to Windows 8.1My internet wi-fi connection is unusually low and is not working after only minutes of browsing the internet. The problem is always fixed after I run troubleshoot problems and is saying that the default Gateway is unavailable. My netword card might be the source of the problem even tough I updated the drivers. I'm not sure which one I have because drivers from Ralink and Qualcomm seem to be working both so :/Please help ^^

A:"Access Limited" or "No Internet Connection" windows 8.1

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, go to device manager, expand "Network Adapters" and find out the make of your card and post here, while you are in Device Manager, right click wireless adapter, click properties, select "Advanced" tab, select "Auto" from the drop down ( as in 2nd snip) for 802.11n Channel width for 2.4.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/50543-access-limited-no-internet-connection-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 112.84%

I am connected to the network, and as you see I am online. But my Wireless Network Connection says that i am not connected to the network! It shows that red X. Can you tell me what is wrong with it? Its annoying and i keeps throwing me off. What should i do?
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\George>IPCONFIG/ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : matrix
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Networ
k Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-12-F0-CD-55-07
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 77.91.190.21
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, March 14, 2009 4:13:49 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, March 15, 2009 4:13:49 PM

C:\Documents and Settings\George>

A:Internet is working, but my "wireless internet connection" says "not connected"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-is-working-but-my-wireless-internet-connection-says-not-connected.809345/
Relevancy 112.53%

Hey guys I have been using LAN for quite a while However last two weeks it suddenly stopped working I have tried several solutions but none of them worked I don't know what's wrong and looking for help Thanks any help would be greatly appreciated following is ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows System gt access LAN network No Wired network" "Unidentified Connection ipconfig Wired LAN Connection "Unidentified network" No network access all Windows IP Configuration Host Name User-PC Primary Dns Suffix Wired LAN Connection "Unidentified network" No network access Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - -A - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c aa e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F- -E - - F- -A -C -B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap -A - D- EF- D F CD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows System gt

A:Wired LAN Connection "Unidentified network" No network access

This is ipconfig/all with wifi on.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\System32>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : User-PC
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : uml.edu

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-04-A6-09-8E-52
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c591:34c8:3aa3:7e50%24(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.126.80(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 290718886
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-16-0F-45-E9-74-2F-68-A0-C4-B1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : uml.edu
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Ada
pter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 74-2F-68-A0-C4-B1
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3c33:a20:1b54:45ca%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.248.96.164(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, July 05, 2014 4:11:42 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, July 05, 2014 6:23:58 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.248.96.254
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 129.63.78.250
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 242495336
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-16-0F-45-E9-74-2F-68-A0-C4-B1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 129.63.78.250

Tunnel adapter isatap.uml.edu:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : uml.edu
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:ccf:ba3e:7ec0:79f(Prefer
red)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::ccf:ba3e:7ec0:79f%17(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{50650130-A669-403D-93EF-12D8F1CD2485}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Physical Address. . . ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/336909-wired-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 112.53%

Okay so A couple days ago I tried connecting Wired access Connection "Unidentified No network LAN network" my laptop to the router through a wired connection but I was unable to The connection is displayed as quot Unidentified network No network access quot I've tried numerous solutions but none of them have worked It's all really confusing and I would appreciate assistance in the matter Thanks Here's all the ipconfig stuff Wired LAN Connection "Unidentified network" No network access Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Seagullsushi gt ipconfig all Windows Wired LAN Connection "Unidentified network" No network access IP Configuration Host Name Seagullsushi Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Ralink RT b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address C -F -DA- C- F- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c be cbff Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-E -A - - F- - C- -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - F- - C- -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c dd Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe dd Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap FB CD -A E- BE- -F B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap home Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Seagullsushi gt

A:Wired LAN Connection "Unidentified network" No network access

go into the properties for the local area connection, scroll down to the ipv4, highlight and select properties. Set it to auto obtain an ip address, this will enable the dhcp server settings for the Ethernet connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/248425-wired-lan-connection-unidentified-network-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 112.53%

I am running Windows 10 Insider build 14332 and had issues setting up home group. After running the home group troubleshooter, my ethernet and wifi adaptors got renamed to "Ethernet 2" and "Wi-Fi 2" respectively.
I am unable to rename it now. It shows an error "Cannot rename this connection. A connection with the name that you specified already exists. Specify a different name."
My internet is working fine but I am finding these names a bit annoying. I have seared online for similar issues but the solutions haven't worked for me.

A:"Wi-Fi" shown as "Wi-Fi 2" in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

The devices are still in the device manager but not connected.
These are hidden devices.
To much here to tell you how.
Search for hidden devices, device manager to find how to remove them
This has been around since XP

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/423793-wi-fi-shown-wi-fi-2-control-panel%5Cnetwork-internet%5Cnetwork-connections.html
Relevancy 111.29%

Hi,
I set up vpn and it appears to be working, but can't access the network. I am getting the notify connected but ipv4/6 "no network access" message. Tried several different settings, fyi PPTP has been opened on the firewall. Any suggestions on how to get network access? Using native (no 3rd party software) ms PPTP to connect a win7 to a vista computer. thanks.

A:VPN "No Network Access", ipv4 not connected

Got vpn working, but not with Microsoft. Went with hamachi vpn free version works on my vista as vpn server (sort of-guess its not a true server program for user since you go thru hamachi's servers) & windows 7 as client (its windows 7 tested). took 2 minutes to set up. Painless, amazing app. Firewall & router and multiple os's proved too much for ms pptp. I can even access my usb hard drive from 2000 miles away!!! So far no problems. Has anyone had any issues with hamachi? little concerned about privacy & security.

so easy to use. It open ports & takes care of all firewall bs. Just right click your vpn computer hit "browse" and you're in from anywhere in the world. (ip adresses whited out) for simplicity even beats anything i've seen on a mac.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/56301-vpn-no-network-access-ipv4-not-connected.html
Relevancy 111.29%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 111.29%

Ever since i've gotten my lynksis wireless router, it had always worked, but the connection was never very stable. It would drop the connection every now and then, and then i'd have to reset the modem... which was no biggy. But a week ago my internet dropped, and ever since then it's given me the message "You are connected to the access point, but the internet could not be found" The other night, i actually got it to connect, i'm not sure how.. but i was connected for a good 45 mins, and then it dropped and went back to the same old message.. Has anybody else had a problem like this and know how to fix it? Well if somebody could help me out that would be great Thanks

A:Wireless Router- "connected to access point, but internet cannot be found"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-connected-to-access-point-but-internet-cannot-be-found.675194/
Relevancy 111.29%

I bought a Cisco Valet M wireless router a few days ago and I have been having issues where my laptop says that it is connected to network and it shows maximum strength signal but underneath the network name it says quot No internet access quot I have already contacted Cisco several times and also HP as well as my ISP I was told by someone from Cisco that Atheros which is what my laptop has has some problems with connections to wireless routers and I was told to manually update I already tried and it says that my but losses wireless "connected" access, to internet router says Laptop driver is already up to date The internet connection on my desktop is fine so I don't think the issue is with my ISP I have an ipod which is not having any connection issues thus making me think the problem might be with my labtop and Laptop losses internet access, but says "connected" to wireless router not the router I connected the ethernet cable directly to my laptop and the internet works fine that way on my laptop I live in a story house and my desktop is upstairs and I noticed that when I took my laptop downstairs that it would loose internet access almost every time but a Laptop losses internet access, but says "connected" to wireless router while ago my laptop lost connection and I had it in my room which is right next to where the desktop is so now I don't think the problem has to do with the Laptop losses internet access, but says "connected" to wireless router range Sometimes it works when I am downstairs but mostly it does not So how can i fix this problem This is very frustrating and I feel like just returning the router P s the OS is Windows Home Premium -bit

A:Laptop losses internet access, but says "connected" to wireless router

Try your laptop with your friends router. This proves if the problem is related to your laptop.

When problems occur ("no internet access"), can you still access the router configuration?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217923-laptop-losses-internet-access-but-says-connected-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 111.29%

I am using the quot netsh wlan hostednetwork quot commands to create an Access Point for my other devices e g phone Roku etc This worked fine for weeks But for some reason it stopped working weeks ago and I cannot figure out what caused it to stop I did not make any major changes I am able to set the mode to quot allow quot and start the hostednetwork But under Network and Sharing Center it consistently Miniport WiFi "No network access" HostedNetwork Virtual shows that my Virtual Wifi Adapter as quot No network access quot Here are my parameters Computer Dell Inspiron nbsp OS Windows -bit WiFi Adapter Dell Wireless Adapter WLAN Mini-Card Driver is HostedNetwork Virtual WiFi Miniport "No network access" updated to the HostedNetwork Virtual WiFi Miniport "No network access" most recent version nbsp Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Driver is updated to to the most recent version nbsp Anti-virus firewall SW Kaspersky Internet Security I've disabled this throughout my troubleshooting without any positive impact Below is nbsp the output of quot ipconfig all quot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration nbsp nbsp Host Name Todd-PC nbsp nbsp Primary Dns Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Node Type Hybrid nbsp nbsp IP Routing Enabled No nbsp nbsp WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter nbsp nbsp Physical Address - - E-AB- F- nbsp nbsp DHCP Enabled No nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp nbsp Link-local IPv Address fe f c e c ede Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp IPv Address Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp Subnet Mask nbsp nbsp Default Gateway nbsp nbsp nbsp DHCPv IAID nbsp nbsp DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - - C- - -AE- D-B -D nbsp nbsp DNS Servers fec ffff nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp fec ffff nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp fec ffff nbsp nbsp NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card nbsp nbsp Physical Address - - E-AB- F- nbsp nbsp DHCP Enabled Yes nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp nbsp Link-local IPv Address fe ffe a Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp IPv Address Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp Subnet Mask nbsp nbsp Lease Obtained Sunday March PM nbsp nbsp Lease Expires Sunday March PM nbsp nbsp Default Gateway nbsp nbsp DHCP Server nbsp nbsp DHCPv IAID nbsp nbsp DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - - C- - -AE- D-B -D nbsp nbsp DNS Servers nbsp nbsp NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface nbsp nbsp Physical Address - - - - - - -E nbsp nbsp DHCP Enabled No nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp nbsp IPv Address d c f d f ff a Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp Link-local IPv Address fe f d f ff a Preferred nbsp nbsp nbsp Default Gateway nbsp nbsp NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please let me know if you require any additional information Thanks in advance -Todd

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/425db2f6-4760-482f-906b-2d5c51c7fd4a/hostednetwork-virtual-wifi-miniport-quotno-network-accessquot?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 111.29%

Hi I have an ASUS K F laptop running Windows and it has always worked fine with both wired and wireless connections I recently changed Internet provider from BT to Plusnet though I cannot be sure that this is when the problem began It still works fine when wired but when I switch the wireless on and unplug the ethernet cable it says that there is a strong connection to the network with internet access and cannot Internet web load but with "connected page access", Laptop I am able to find the router by putting http into the browser but I cannot load any Internet pages on any browser and cannot use any other Internet apps like Skype The wireless works fine on another laptop and on my phone - it is just on this Asus laptop I have tried searching for posts of various forums - but have just ended up using command prompt to ping google it was not successful and running a utility called winsockfix which made no difference I have scanned for malware and virus - I have removed a couple but this hasn t fixed the problem Can anyone please help Thanks Guy nbsp

Relevancy 111.29%

Hi I m new to the site and I don t know too much about networking and what not but I have had this Adapter WMP G and my WRT G v working flawlessly for the past months Then internet but access cannot point be "connected found" to WMP54G... all of a sudden today when I get on my computer nothing Earlier I ran through all the technical support at LinkSys Tried uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers Half the time I get the quot connected to access point but internet cannot be found quot message with my connection the other half it shows I am connected but I can t connect to IE Outlook WoW WMP54G... "connected to access point but internet cannot be found" etc And when it did connect it gave me about seconds of internet time lol Wasn t quite sure what to do and a little confused as to how it could just WMP54G... "connected to access point but internet cannot be found" decide today not to work anymore NOW i seem to have gotten this working in a way I Uninstalled the drivers Inserted the Install CD and rebooted the computer When the default new hardware wizard popped up I selected not at this time for connecting to the net and did auto install however I ve noticed the reason why I was being disconnected in the first place I use Outlook express I also use something called SysMetrix for my desktop which has a Email feature for it to check for new mail every minutes It seems that everytime it ran itself or even when I run outlook on my own it disconnects me from my connection requiring a restart to get it connected again What could be causing this I ve never had a problem with any of this until this morning I am almost ready to just move everything important to another hard drive reformat this one and start fresh to see what happens It s very frustrating lol Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp54g-connected-to-access-point-but-internet-cannot-be-found.535086/
Relevancy 110.98%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 110.98%

I have 2 laptops and a desktop on my home network, all plugged into the router. The 2 laptops connect to the network and internet. The desktop shows "connected", is able to ping the router but cannot connect to the internet.

All are using XP home sp2. The desktop was just introduced to the existing laptop network. I have swapped the router, cable, and ethernet card for grins (i am tech enough to have had some of each laying around). Clearly it's a settings problem.

Dynamic IP address.
/ipconfig indicates same gateway as laptops. ("192.168.0.1")
Worked perfectly on a previous network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am at my wits end.

A:Network "connected", router ping successful but no Internet

Try this

http://www.techspot.com/vb/post662504-2.html

Please reply if worked

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connected-router-ping-successful-but-no-internet.116507/
Relevancy 110.67%

Hey guys I m getting to my wits end with my computer lately I have no idea what s going on but recently I ve been having some internet problems Can't EVE my tried "Unidentified Network" Solved: connect I've network internet to or Namely an Unidentified Network with no NETWORK access Some information first the NIC that I m using is the Realtek PCIe Family Controller I ve updated the drivers I ve uninstalled I ve reinstalled I ve basically been on the internet for the past two days trying all the solutions Including refreshing and renewing my ip trying a static ip although I m still not sure if I did this step correctly I ve tried disabling IPV I ve tried adjusting my speedflux believe me I Solved: Can't connect to my network or internet "Unidentified Network" I've tried EVE ve tried just about everything I don t have one blue link left when it comes to my google searches on fixing this problem The problem is also intermittent with seemingly no reason whatsoever some days Ill go without internet for the entire day then the next day I ll boot up my computer and I ll have internet again It should be noted that when I enable WIRELESS on my laptop I m able to connect to the network but when I enable wired I am not able to Here is the ipconfig all for when I m connected wirelessly and have a connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Collin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL AE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - - D-BC-D -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled C Windows system gt And here is the ipconfig when I m connected through the wired connection with no internet connectivity Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Collin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - -F -D -EF-DC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled C Windows system gt It should be noted that I am using powerline adapters for my connection but as I said this problem only recently started cropping up I went fine for almost a week with no problems then all of a sudden it started happening Thanks for the help in advance im pulling my hair out over this I m still able to connect wirelessly so its not too much of an issue but I prefer via Ethernet I also need to know if its my network card that s going bad in my laptop just paid for this rig so I need to know if I need to send it back or not its still under warranty but Im currently living in Europe so I don t want to have to pay shipping costs to the states to get it fixed if I don t need to nbsp

A:Solved: Can't connect to my network or internet "Unidentified Network" I've tried EVE

UPDATE

Problem fixed, had to reset my powerline adapters, so simple.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-my-network-or-internet-unidentified-network-ive-tried-eve.1078012/
Relevancy 110.67%

When I connect my new Windows computer to my linksys router it sometimes gives me quot No internet access quot under IPv connectivity It still states I am getting mpbs and I know I can connect to it almost anytime and actually get internet It does this at complete random Every other one of my computers does not have this problem even my old laptop This is the only computer running Windows btw The others are XP and Vista I have found a sort-of solution in that if I disable my Hi-Gain Hawkin dish under device manager and let it install itself it may randomly work Once it works your good wireless internet 7 "No Windows am I (However connected!) access" until you shut the computer off Also sometimes I only get Mpbs or Mpbs Not sure why it changes randomly Usually I get Mpbs though I ve tried looking this up online and it seems to be a very common problem with and almost always involves windows I Windows 7 wireless "No internet access" (However I am connected!) still don t have a solid solution though or gotten to the root of what is causing this I d like to solve this problem so I can go back to not have to toying with my wireless everytime the computer boots up Here is some info on my computer Windows Acer - Model Aspire MN AMD Phenom II X Processor GHz RAM -bit Operating System Other stuff -The router is a Linksys G router -I connect to it with a Hawking Hi-Gain USB Wireless-N Dish Adaptor -They are on different floors but they aren t very far apart -According to the Hawking Dish The signal strength is around consisitently and the link strength is consistently nbsp

A:Windows 7 wireless "No internet access" (However I am connected!)

Hi, I am thinking so this could be problem with you Hawking Hi-Gain USB adapter. Try to move your computer next to your linksys router and check If you get problems with connectivity. If you would have connectivity issues after that change your Hawking Hi-Gain USB adapter so you can get better signal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-wireless-no-internet-access-however-i-am-connected.972964/
Relevancy 110.67%

I use Windows 7 RC at work. I connect to the internet over company LAN with static IP and manualy inserted DNS. My internet connection is OK, everything works, but there is a yellow triangle in the connection icon in tray. If I put the cursor over it, I can read: "Network No internet access"

I agree it is better then the oposite, but still...

A:The message: " No internet access" The fact: connected

I have noticed the same thing using my notebook on a public library network...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/10404-message-no-internet-access-fact-connected.html
Relevancy 110.67%

Hi,

I'm trying to fix the internet for my cousins based away from me. The only way I have to communicate through phone and their english is very broken. What I can say is that they are using a Dell Desktop 8200 and are trying to connect to the internet using a Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter from LINKSYS. However, when they try to connect they get this error ""you are connected to the access point, but the internet cannot be found." Does anyone know what I can possibly do?

A:"you are connected to the access point, but the internet cannot be found"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/you-are-connected-to-the-access-point-but-the-internet-cannot-be-found.940535/
Relevancy 110.67%

Everything worked fine until I went to move my desk to a different area and had to unplug everything Upon plugging everything back up - my desktop internet works fine but the laptop says quot Connected but no internet access quot I ve tried working on it for hours unplugging and replugging cords back up and I can t get any internet access on my laptop I am using a cable modem Currently I have the blue ethernet cord running from the modem directly into my computer I also have a grey cord that apparently was plugged into the router somehow but I don t remember how exactly I had this one plugged up The cable modem only has one jack for quot ethernet quot The router is a Linksys WRT G and Internet connected but Solved: says Access" "No Laptop has numbered - jacks in the back and then one jack for quot internet quot The laptop is running Windows and the desktop which the internet runs fine on right now is running Vista I d greatly appreciate any help with the laptop internet as I really need the laptop for school Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop connected but says "No Internet Access"

Hi urghh1, and welcome to TSG,

Try ...

1) Turning off the modem and the router for a few minutes

2) Connect one Ethernet cable between the Ethernet Port on the modem and the Internet Port on the router

3) Connect a second Ethernet cable between any one of the four LAN Ports on the router and the Ethernet Port on the desktop computer.

4) Turn on the router and then the modem.

5) Check if the desktop computer has a working Internet connection

6) Check if the laptop is connected to the router and you have a working Internet connection as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-connected-but-says-no-internet-access.1047182/
Relevancy 110.67%

Hi there! My compaq laptop has mysteriously change settings or something (read: one of my children probably screwed with something). I have a wireless router and modem (iPad, phones, etc. are all connecting just fine). It tells me I am currently connected to my wireless network connection, but then underneath it says "identifying" and no internet access. Also (I don't know if this is related really, or just another thing my kids have switched up on me)...my start button and taskbar are now the oldschoolish style.

Be warned, too, that I am no computer genius, and this is also a new-to-me laptop. So while I'll post any reports or anything needed, I'll have to have instructions on how to do most of them or find the info y'all need. Be gentle, okay?

(Last thing...I have class tonight from 6-750, so if I don't answer, I will, I promise!)

A:Connected, but stuck "identifying" with no internet access

The easiest fix is if you have a recent Restore Point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/344825-connected-but-stuck-identifying-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 110.36%

When I try to connect my Win XP or my Win machines to my Vista machine which uses dial-up k BTW for internet access the connection gets stuck at Identifying Unidentified Network and I thus only have local access to the connected machines This access Vista PCs to "Identifying"; Can't stuck at internet. connecting issue occurs whether I connect using wired or adhoc My other computers can connect to each other and thus the net as well without any hassles whatsoever in fact Vista itself PCs connecting to Vista stuck at "Identifying"; Can't access internet. can inversly connect to my other PCs and access the internet without any issues x I am going to assume that the problem lies with my Vista pc I've already run a ipconfig all command for convienence Can someone help me out Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Randy gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thomp NBook Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled PCs connecting to Vista stuck at "Identifying"; Can't access internet. No PPP adapter Bellsouth net Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bellsouth net Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - E-CA-E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- - - F DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Randy gt

A:PCs connecting to Vista stuck at "Identifying"; Can't access internet.

Hello bluestorm05 and welcome to the forums

Uninstall Driver

1. Open the start menu
2. In the search box, type Device Manager and open it
3. Expand the Network adapters category by clicking on the little + sign
4. Right click on your adapter and select Uninstall
5. Reboot your computer after that finishes

When your computer has finished rebooting, run the attached script

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/290720-pcs-connecting-vista-stuck-identifying-cant-access-internet.html
Relevancy 110.36%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 110.36%

ok, so basically I have 4 computers here at the house all on highspeed. They all run XP and they are all on "mshome" which works just fine. You go into my network places, you see all 4 computers and can access them all without anyproblems (share files, printer sharing works fine) anyways, I have a laptop that I will be connecting from another internet location and I want it to show up in My Network Places so the computers will think it's right at the house, so I could print to the printer and communicate across the local network as if I was at home. Any way to do this? I got all the basic networking stuff down. But have never really looked into anything like this and have always wondered about it.

A:Connecting My LapTop From Another Internet Location To My "MSHOME" Local Network

???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-my-laptop-from-another-internet-location-to-my-mshome-local-network.420800/
Relevancy 110.36%

ok, so basically I have 4 computers here at the house all on highspeed. They all run XP and they are all on "mshome" which works just fine. You go into my network places, you see all 4 computers and can access them all without anyproblems (share files, printer sharing works fine) anyways, I have a laptop that I will be connecting from another internet location and I want it to show up in My Network Places so the computers will think it's right at the house, so I could print to the printer and communicate across the local network as if I was at home. Any way to do this? I got all the basic networking stuff down. But have never really looked into anything like this and have always wondered about it.

A:Connecting My LapTop From Another Internet Location To My "MSHOME" Local Network

You would probably receive better support using this forum:

http://forums.techguy.org/f53-s.html

GL!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-my-laptop-from-another-internet-location-to-my-mshome-local-network.420749/
Relevancy 110.05%

Hi guys I'm new to this forums so please be patient with me I recently got rid of a virus but i think it did some damage to the computer I know that it deleted some Network to connecting stuck "identifying" not public is & internet, on registry files for firewall but I fixed that following some other advice from other threads on here but the next issue I have is that I cant get on the internet and the network status keeps saying quot identifying Network is not connecting to internet, stuck on "identifying" & public quot I do not want to clean install because Network is not connecting to internet, stuck on "identifying" & public I have a lot of things on this computer and re-installing Win is my LAST resort I have a Verzion DSL Westell W modem that I have had for more than years now It is still working and all my laptops work on wireless just fine I also tried to see if it is the cable by connecting it to one of my laptops and using the connection on LAN and it is just fine too So it is not the cable However when I plug it into my desktop HP w it is continually searching for the network and keeps saying quot identifying quot There is no connection and no internet I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the network adapter driver did a SFC scannow repair unplugged the modem and shut down the computer to reset them checked the properties for the local area connections to make sure they are on auto disabling and enabling the connection diagnosing the issue troubleshoot couldnt ID the problem I don't know what else to do The modem is fine and I never had a problem with this desktop until the virus I think it damaged some setting or something so that the network adapter doesnt recognize the internet Thanks in advance for your help I really appreciate it Here's a screenshot of what it looks like And I also included my ipconfig idk if that's important or not

A:Network is not connecting to internet, stuck on "identifying" & public

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Your computer might still be infected if it's stuck on Identifying.

Try running Free SuperAntiSpyware, see if it helps.

Check all your Network Services as well, see if they are all on Started mode including their Dependencies, check the Dependency Tab for that.
Click on start and type services.msc press enter. On Dependency Tab, check the Dependecies make sure that they are also Started.

• COM+ Event System (for WZC issues)
• Computer Browser
• DHCP Client
• DNS Client
• Network Connections
• Network Location Awareness
• Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
• Server
• TCP/IP Netbios helper
• WLAN AutoConfig (for Vista and Windows 7 only)
• Workstation

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203730-network-not-connecting-internet-stuck-identifying-public.html
Relevancy 110.05%

My wife has a Windows 7 pc. All worked fine on weekend but when she put it on yesterday it wouldn't let her connect to the internet.
There was like a gold star over the internet sign in the bottom right corner and when clicked on this is say "Limited Access". However when looked at the settings it said connected. Tried to sort it out but get a message "The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running" Can anyone help me sort this out so my wife can use her pc online again. Thank you in advance for any help/advise. She doesn't want to loose certain programmes on the pc as got items within she uses most days for her crafting service.

A:pc stopped connecting to internet "Limited Access"

looked for a Restore Point and for some reason there are not any even though we had it on ?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/pc-stopped-connecting-internet-quotlimited-accessquot-4600975/
Relevancy 109.74%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 109.74%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 109.74%

Hi everyone Oh look it's this thread again Well sort of A majority of what I can find are quot Unidentified Network - No Internet Access quot This is just straight-up quot no network access quot which seems to be a less common issue I'm running Windows Home Premium x and I'm connected to a at No - Network "Unidentified random! Network Access" BT Home Hub a via ethernet using a BT Home Hotspot to make a connection using the power circuitry in the house My connection will drop completely out of the "Unidentified Network - No Network Access" at random! blue It's fine and dandy right now but at completely random times it will just drop I can't clearly predict it In Network amp Sharing Center it attempts to identify the network only to give up and throw out quot Unidentified Network - No Network Access quot I'll detail symptoms and things I've done to try and fix it - - times out of the connection can be restored by disabling re-enabling the network adapter or switching the Home Hotspot off and then on again so essentially disabling re-enabling the connection It will fail again some hours later - I've ruled out any issue with the Hotspot connection method ethernet ports and drivers as I've tried to connect directly to my Hub wirelessly with two separate USB dongles - wireless has the exact same issue and in this scenario the connection can be temporarily restored by moving the wireless dongle to another USB slot Taking it out and putting it back into the same slot won't work it has to be a different USB slot And when that eventually fails I reconnect the dongle into the previous slot and it works This is one of the strangest and most senseless aspects about the whole thing - The issue has persisted across fresh reinstalls for a number of years and even fresh computer parts I gradually built this PC by upgrading my previous one to the point where the only original remaining parts are the old hard drive which my Windows install resides on and the CD drive Said hard drive has been extensively wiped and reformatted with several fresh Windows installs over its life - Issue with the Home Hub Doesn't seem so my dad's laptop connects wirelessly of the time as do my iPod and phone Their connections are speed of the time with no drops I talked to BT just this afternoon they ran a line test and determined there was zero fault with my Hub's connection to the internet I even went as far as buying a new TP-Link modem router recently and the issue persisted albeit manifesting a little differently with the disconnects replaced by very frequently dropping to speeds in the bytes and still disconnecting from time to time - Issue with Hamachi interfering Doesn't look like it on my last clean install I didn't install Hamachi for a while and the issue persisted When I'm not using Hamachi I power it off and Local Area Connection is prioritized over Hamachi I disable the Hamachi network adapter completely issue persists I've tried a bunch of things to fix it both Googling the problem which led me to this forum and adjusting settings under the advice of a friend who is a former IT professional I have checked quot always use this IP address quot in Home Hub settings set a static IP in the adapter's IPv settings disabled IPv updated my network adapter drivers Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ipconfig release and then renew in an elevated command prompt netsh winsock reset DNS flush resetting TCP IP stack setting quot mbps Full Duplex quot instead of quot Auto-Negotiate quot and uninstalling multiple instances of quot Microsoft ISATAP Adapter quot and quot Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface quot which only end up reinstalling themselves anyway All of these were either advice from my friend who is now stumped or solutions offered by forum threads on Google None of them made a difference I see that some kind of program named quot Bonjour quot can cause this issue but it's not and never has been installed on my PC I kept these static IP sett... Read more

A:"Unidentified Network - No Network Access" at random!

Hello,
The only thing that ever caused me as much trouble was having Apple's Bonjour service running. It totally messed up my network. I remember reading that it had to do with it setting up a 0.0.0.0.0 address. Uninstalling it fixed my issues. Maybe you have it installed?
Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/362700-unidentified-network-no-network-access-random.html
Relevancy 109.74%

Quick Specs- i-ball baton m router my home pc with win xp sp Lenovo notebook with Windows ultimate Okay I am simply trying to connect my Win notebook to the access" internet wifi "no to ideapad Win7 router lenovo wireless router but i JUST don't know Win7 lenovo ideapad "no internet access" to wifi router which network settings are misconfigured and i have tried everything and anything to figure this out but i fail to do so The laptop connects but with a persistent messge quot no internet access quot I am sure i entered the right passkey and enabled the wifi on router configuration page from pc My notebook's wifi and ethernet adapter are both set on quot Obtain an IP add automatically quot and quot obtain DNS server automatically quot The lan card on pc with win xp is also configured the same way I tried declaring the ip and subnetmask explicitly on wlan adapter but it still fails to connect I don't know the prblm is in router's configuration or adapter settings or both could be misconfigured I tried several methods multiple times but i am so frustrated none of them is working Please help me out

A:Win7 lenovo ideapad "no internet access" to wifi router

I just got a Lenovo & had a bit of an issue getting it on the net. I has to go to my ISP setup & unhide myself for the lenovo to connect. Then when I hid myself the connection at next boot was gone.

Can't remember exactly what I did but it was something to do with the ISP settings.

Will check it out now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210671-win7-lenovo-ideapad-no-internet-access-wifi-router.html
Relevancy 109.43%

First, please forgive me if this is formatted oddly- I am typing this on my Blackberry.

For the past few months, I have been accessing the internet with my laptop's wifi through my neighbor's password-protected network (with his permission). I also sometimes go online using another neighborhood network which does NOT have a security key.

As of today, I can view networks and connect to both of these (as well as others), but I can't get online. I get the "No Internet access" message when I connect to any network.

When I go to the command prompt and type ipconfig /all, I get this for IPv4 address: 192.168.1.9(Preferred) and I cannot successfully ping any ip addresses.

I have rebooted already and renewed my network adaptor. Any other suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you!

A:WIN7: Can connect to networks via WiFI, but get "No Internet Access"

Oh, and when I run the automatic troubleshooter it says, "Your DNS server might be unavailable."

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/204059-win7-can-connect-networks-via-wifi-but-get-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 109.43%

Hey guys I'm experiencing a frustrating issue with my wireless connection on my W laptop and was hoping for some troubleshooting tips First off here are the relevant specs - HP Pavilion dv laptop computer Windows Ultimate - Intel Wireless WiFi Link AGN Network adapter - Speedstream Wireless DSL router Recently I've been experiencing a problem where my wireless Internet connection randomly goes from quot Internet access quot status to quot No Internet access quot status Sometimes it also goes to quot Limited access Internet Random laptop "No problem on WiFi access" quot The yellow exclamation point shows up on the wireless icon in the right-hand taskbar corner I can fix this temporarily by Random "No Internet access" problem on WiFi laptop turning the wireless switch off and back on again I have a physical switch on my laptop which brings back the Internet access But after about minutes give or take the connection fails again It is an extremely frustrating occurrence that now happens every minutes Random "No Internet access" problem on WiFi laptop without fail Things that might be causing this - Recently changed my SSID - Recently disabled SSID broadcast to prevent neighbors from seeking out my connection Things I've done to try fixing the problem that have not worked - Changing SSID again - Enabling SSID broadcast - Changing the router's channel I've tried channels - Checking the power setting on my network adapter to make sure it wasn't shutting off on low power Any help Thanks a lot in advance guys By the way I also have an Ethernet-linked desktop on the same router and this problem is not occurring on it

A:Random "No Internet access" problem on WiFi laptop

N series can often do some pretty strange things. One thing I see happen is the card will latch at 300Mbps but it is meant for 150Mbps so obviously it won't see the router. Look to see what speed it is reporting it has latched at. The other is if you don't have IPV6 addresses working then disable the IPV6 component of your nic in the Control Panel settings for the Network Card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/105237-random-no-internet-access-problem-wifi-laptop.html
Relevancy 109.43%

I was having some network problems and in the course of fixing them I uninstalled the network driver for my TP-Link AC Archer T UH USB network card This card has been working without a problem Network no but Connected internet" "Secured, to for months on and Ghz channels and at high speeds gt Mbps When I attempted to reinstall the drivers I can get connected to the WiFi but I get the Windows message quot Secured no internet I have tried numerous drivers and I have now tried to connect using two separate NIC cards I had an old n usb adapter as well as a Ghz wireless bridge that I used to Connected to Network but "Secured, no internet" use that connects to the PC via ethernet All of these have connected to the network but I get the same quot Secured no internet quot message The only thing I can think of at this point is that I've somehow screwed up the adapter I've looked at that ipv settings are they are all set to quot Obtain an ip address automatically quot and do not have a DNS name specified I have attempted all the windows repair options as well and they return telling me their may be something wrong with the driver Connected to Network but "Secured, no internet" or the adapter I'm at wits end Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Connected to Network but "Secured, no internet"

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, if you have any third party AV programs, disable or uninstall it, go to device manager, right click Wi-Fi adapter, Properties and uninstall the driver. Reboot your PC/Laptop and let Windows install the driver, go to IPV4 as you have done before, click the radio button "Use the following DNS addresses...." and enter Open DNS address(in the snip) or google dns address.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39091-connected-network-but-secured-no-internet.html
Relevancy 109.12%

Hi,
I am trying to access my Vista Computer set up by pptp to accept a vpn connection from a windows 7 computer. Network and file sharing are turned "on", and files are set to share. It says I am connected but "NO Network Access".
using windows software only (no 3rd party).
Does anyone know how I can complete this connection? thanks!

A:VPN connected but "NO Network Access"

Configure the WORKGROUP name on client workstation to be same as the other machine WORKGROUP or DOMAIN name.

Any joy?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/266818-vpn-connected-but-no-network-access.html
Relevancy 109.12%

Hi there,

I am trying to setup VPN access to watch BBC iplayer when staying outside the UK. I successfully set up the access on one computer (Windows 8) but having problems do the same thing for my other computer running Windows 7. On the Win 8 machine, once connected to VPN, I am able to watch the programs the same way as when I am in the UK. This is the problem I am having with the Win 7 machine:

(1) I lose internet connection after I connect to VPN

If i uncheck 'use default gateway on remote network' for the VPN connection (on Ipv4 and/or Ipv6), then

(2) I don't lose the internet connection BUT VPN connection shows as 'no network access' and I still cannot watch the programs (it tells me that I am outside the UK, so I assume it still renders my behind the VPN IP address as non-UK).

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,
Vishi

A:"no network access" when connected to VPN

Sorry, but this site will not aid in activities that violate terms of services or laws.

From BBC's website:

"Outside the UK
Search iPlayer Questions
Rights agreements mean that BBC iPlayer television programmes are only available to users in the UK. However, if you have previously downloaded a programme onto your laptop or portable hard drive from BBC iPlayer while in the UK, you can then watch it anywhere in the world.

Most radio programmes are available to listen live or on demand outside the UK, in addition to podcasts, although sporting and other programmes may be subject to rights agreements.

However, we are aware of demand for an international version. BBC Worldwide has recently launched the BBC iPlayer App for iPad and iPhone in various countries. Visit the BBC iPlayer (Global) YouTube channel for further information."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-access-when-connected-to-vpn.1094825/
Relevancy 109.12%

How to make your home wifi more reliable I have a Comcast router few years old not the latest one has no native wifi capability connected to a LinkSys WRT N The WRT N wifi is turned off My WRT N is in the basement and serves as a connection point for several hardwired ethernet connections I access" reliable, not internet WIFI quits, "no opted to use an alternate wifi source a Linksys WAP N located upstairs functioning WIFI quits, not reliable, "no internet access" as a wireless access point hardwire to the WRT N The kitchen location broadcasts a much more useable signal WIFI quits, not reliable, "no internet access" throughout the house and property After much fuss trying to manage a useable and dependable wifi connection for all users I found that only ONE SETTING made a difference in the dependability and functional uptime for my wifi The 'N ONLY' setting I broadcast at GHz N only mode and it is now much better no issues for weeks now I checked the physical cable connection from the WRT N to the WAP N - the cable is good Of course it is I made it No issues with the physical connection to the WAP N Whenever I used a multi -mode signal B G N it was a nightmare Connection would fall off unexpectedly frequently you could even say quot consistently inconsistent quot If the devices could find my SSID it seemed to be connected but the dreaded quot no internet access quot message would display I only used mixed mode because there was one older device game console that did not recognize n I tried everything else - different channels alternate encryption methods broadcast do not broadcast SSID various settings on the WAP N - forget it It is not a reliable wireless access point when broadcasting in a mixed-mode configuration It is damn near useless in mixed-mode Once changed it to N only it works reliably and continues to do so I hope this helps as there is little useful info I have found for these problems when searching the net Be well Miko

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/397745-wifi-quits-not-reliable-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 109.12%

Hi all I have a rather perplexing problem with internet access from my laptop Win Home Premium Avast Free My property is a large building with thick granite walls so I ve added hard-wired wireless access points recycled old routers and a TP-Link WAP in various on access" devices internet laptop, Wifi OK "No other locations back to the main router BT Homehub served by up-to Mbps BT broadband service I Wifi "No internet access" on laptop, other devices OK typically get Mbps - no fibre-broadband available here Wifi "No internet access" on laptop, other devices OK Just Wifi "No internet access" on laptop, other devices OK to complicate things a little more this is a holiday property with other families staying so bandwidth use is a little difficult to control Mostly everyone has been fine my Android phone my Nexus tablet and my wife s iPad plus other visitors various devices all connect via wifi from any of the access points Everyone had problems this morning but I think BT may have been doing something with the exchange overnight so I m going to assume for now it s just my laptop that s having problems OK the laptop will connect to any access point including the main router but generally states quot No internet access quot from there I say quot generally quot because it has done on past visits to the property and sometimes connects briefly - usually if I reset disconnect or unplug something Also I CAN connect the laptop via Ethernet from any point Can someone outline a process I can try to identify and fix the laptop please If problems recur with other kit I may need help with my local network too Thanks Nick nbsp

Relevancy 108.5%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 108.5%

I recently built a call log database in Access for my team to use when calling agents on our top errors we see from a vendor s error report My boss is requesting a report to see how many items have been resolved I have a query started and I am trying to complete this task in a single query count Query: Return 2007 Access "Yes" M Solved: and values for of "No" Analyst/Report if possible instead of several queries as I ve Solved: Access 2007 Query: Return count of "Yes" and "No" values for Analyst/Report M done for a couple other things I have tables I m using Assignment AgtInfo and CallLog Joins as follows Assignment st AgtInfo agcy st AgtInfo agt id CallLog agt id Fields in the results Assignment assigned analyst CallLog rpt mnth CallLog resolved Resolved is a yes no field I ve done a query that converts the - to a so that the sum is a positive number for the quot Yes quot values I m not sure how to enter the expression to subract the quot Yes quot values from the total number of values yes no to get to my quot No quot count Essentially I d like the results to display as assigned analyst rpt mnth CountYes resolved CountNo resolved Somehow the connection is just not clicking in my brain with everything I ve read though searches Any help is appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Access 2007 Query: Return count of "Yes" and "No" values for Analyst/Report M

It is easier to add another column to counf the Nos, use
0 or is null
as the IIf statement and use a 1 to count them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-2007-query-return-count-of-yes-and-no-values-for-analyst-report-m.1141703/
Relevancy 108.5%

OK fellow "computer-holics", here's a difficult one for ya. I have a user who e-mailed me the following:

"Ever since I downloaded Crystal Graphics' "PowerPlugs v 1.2" (powerpoint plugin software I purchased which allows for 3D motion graphics on slides), Microsoft Powerpoint won't allow me to access "Slide Color Scheme" or "Apply Design Template" from the format menu...."

I've tried completely removing Office, and re-installing it, but to no avail. I have yet to find an uninstaller for the "PowerPlugs" software, so I haven't tried that yet. (I wan't to save that as a "last-resort" anyway....even when I DO find an uninstaller). Does anyone know anything about the PowerPlugs software that could help out in this situation? Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Unable to access "Slide Color Scheme" or "Apply Design Template" in Powerpoint

I can only suggest that you use this form to contact the vendor of PowerPlugs:

http://www.crystalgraphics.com/main.support.asp

Whether you purchased it or not, it should certainly allow PowerPoint to continue to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-slide-color-scheme-or-apply-design-template-in-powerpoint.178503/
Relevancy 108.19%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 108.19%

hey ok so about weeks ago ive been noticing that any cd i burn half of the cd would be un readable so for example sense access additional and "no Probs denied" (000000)" information Burner "D:\ if i were to try burning a sond cd i would only "D:\ access denied" and "no additional sense information (000000)" Burner Probs be able to listen to songs up to song or so and the rest of the songs were showing up on my cd player screen but no sounds would follow so ive tried the usuall stuff here first did a scan with adaware se and spybot and then i un installed then re installed my cd burners drivers and tested the burnign out on nero once more no success at all so heres my nero log maybe u guys can find something thanks Drive Information ----------------- "D:\ access denied" and "no additional sense information (000000)" Burner Probs Drive LITE-ON LTR- S Type CD-RW Recorder Firmware Version QS C Buffer Size MB Date Serial Number Drive Letter F Location Mechanism Tray Read Speed X Write Speed X Read CD Text Yes Return C Pointers Yes Read CD-R Yes Read CD-RW Yes Read DVD-ROM No Read DVD-RAM No Read DVD-R No Read DVD-RW No Read DVD R No Read DVD RW No Read Digital Audio Yes Read CD G Yes Read VideoCD Yes Write CD-R Yes Write CD-RW Yes Write DVD-R No Write DVD-RW No Write DVD R No Write DVD RW No Write DVD-RAM No Buffer Underrun Protection No Mount Rainier Yes Modes Packet TAO DAO SAO RAW SAO RAW SAO RAW SAO RAW DAO RAW DAO Disc Information F ------------------- Type - no disc inserted - Capacity MB Tracks Sessions CD-R W Info CMC Magnetics CD-R Drive Information ----------------- Drive Generic DVD-ROM Type DVD-ROM Drive Firmware Version Buffer Size KB Date Serial Number Drive Letter D Location Mechanism Tray Read Speed X Write Speed n a Read CD Text Yes Return C Pointers Yes Read CD-R Yes Read CD-RW Yes Read DVD-ROM Yes Read DVD-RAM Yes Read DVD-R Yes Read DVD-RW Yes Read DVD R Yes Read DVD RW Yes Read Digital Audio Yes Read CD G Yes Read VideoCD Yes Write CD-R No Write CD-RW No Write DVD-R No Write DVD-RW No Write DVD R No Write DVD RW No Write DVD-RAM No Buffer Underrun Protection No Mount Rainier No Modes n a Region Protection Control RPC II Region None Changes User Changes Vendor Disc Information D ------------------- Type - no disc inserted - Interface Information --------------------- Adapter --------- Description Primary IDE Channel Driver Description System DRIVERS atapi sys Company n a Version n a Description n a Attached Devices Description Master WDC WD JB- ETA Type Disk Drive DMA Off Adapter --------- Description Secondary IDE Channel Driver Description System DRIVERS atapi sys Company n a Version n a Description n a Attached Devices Description Master LITE-ON LTR- S Type CD-Rom Drive DMA Off Autorun On Adapter --------- Description D PRT SCSI Controller Driver Description System Drivers d prt sys Company Version built by WinDDK Description SCSI miniport Attached Devices Description ID Generic DVD-ROM Type CD-Rom Drive Autorun On Software Information -------------------- Operating System Windows XP Professional Service Pack ASPI Win Nero Aspi Library Ahead Software AG Description Nero - Burning Rom Version Company Ahead Software AG Driver Information ------------------ Driver ACPI Description ACPI Driver for NT Version xpsp sp rtm - Company Microsoft Corporation Driver aeaudio Description Andrea Audio Noise Cancellation Driver Version Company Andrea Electronics Corporation Driver ati mtag Description ATI Radeon WindowsNT Miniport Driver Version Company ATI Technologies Inc Driver audstub Description AudStub Driver Version XPClient - Company Microsoft Corporation Driver Cdfs Description CD-ROM File System Driver Version xpsp sp rtm - Company Microsoft Corporation Driver Cdrom Description SCSI CD-ROM Driver Version xpsp sp rtm - Company Microsoft Corporation Driver d bus Description PnP BIOS Extension Version built by WinDDK Company Driver d prt Description SCSI mini... Read more

A:"D:\ access denied" and "no additional sense information (000000)" Burner Probs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-access-denied-and-no-additional-sense-information-000000-burner-probs.312483/
Relevancy 108.19%

I added a slave drive to my Windows XP Pro computer and it appears to work properly However when I open the quot Documents and Settings quot folder on the slave drive E which is Windows XP Home Edition Slave Folder Settings" Solved: drive Denied" "Access and on "Documents -- not XP Pro I do not see any of my documents sub-folders etc There should be MANY sub-folders inside the quot My Documents quot folder which isn t even visible with hundreds of documents jpgs etc Solved: Slave drive "Access Denied" on "Documents and Settings" Folder within it When that drive is installed as the Primary drive in my other computer the User quot Larry Solved: Slave drive "Access Denied" on "Documents and Settings" Folder quot which is me has all Administrative privileges On the computer that I m running now with the slave drive in it I also have Administrator privileges I own both computers My User Name quot Larry quot is password-protected when I login to Windows when the drive is Primary and installed into my main computer not this computer with XP Pro I ve tried clicking on all the users Administrator Default User Larry Guest etc Note I get an quot Access Denied quot error when clicking on the Guest quot Documents and Settings quot folder So the questions are Why can t I see any files or subdirectories in the quot Documents and Settings quot folder on the slave drive There s supposed to be a folder named quot My Documents quot but I can t find it Normally that path is quot C Documents and Settings My Documents quot --- Where is that folder It contains all the files I m looking for Do I have to put the drive back into the other computer and then change something before putting it into this computer or can I change something in this computer to access the folders I m really confused Old Fart Larry nbsp

A:Solved: Slave drive "Access Denied" on "Documents and Settings" Folder

Follow the directions here to take ownership of a file or folder.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slave-drive-access-denied-on-documents-and-settings-folder.935997/
Relevancy 107.88%

Hey guys I m getting to my wits end with my computer lately I have no idea what s going on but recently I ve been having some internet problems Namely an Unidentified Network with no NETWORK access Some information first the NIC that I m using is the Realtek PCIe Family Controller I ve updated the drivers I ve uninstalled I ve reinstalled I ve basically been on the internet for the past two days trying all the solutions Including refreshing and renewing my ip trying a static ip although I m still not sure to internet or "Unidentified connect Network" Can't my network if I did this step correctly I ve tried disabling IPV I ve tried adjusting my speedflux believe me I ve tried just about everything I don t Can't connect to my network or internet "Unidentified Network" have one blue link left when it comes to my google searches on fixing this problem The problem is also intermittent with seemingly no reason whatsoever some days Ill go without internet for the entire day then the next day I ll boot up my computer and I ll have internet again It should be noted that when I enable WIRELESS on my laptop I m able to connect to the network but when I enable wired I am not able to Here is the ipconfig all for when I m connected wirelessly and have a connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Collin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL AE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - - D-BC-D -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Can't connect to my network or internet "Unidentified Network" Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled C Windows system gt And here is the ipconfig when I m connected through the wired connection with no internet connectivity Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Collin-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Can't connect to my network or internet "Unidentified Network" Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - -F -D -EF-DC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled C Windows system gt It should be noted that I am using powerline adapters for my connection but as I said this problem only recently started cropping up I went fine for almost a week with no problems then all of a sudden it started happening Thanks for the help in advance im pulling my hair out over this I m still able to connect wirelessly so its not too much of an issue but I prefer via Ethernet I also need to know if its my network card that s going bad in my laptop just paid for this rig so I need to know if I need to send it back or not its still under warranty but Im currently living in Europe so I don t want to have to pay shipping costs to the states to get it fixed if I don t need to

A:Can't connect to my network or internet "Unidentified Network"

Problem fixed, after a night of trying every single tweak in the windows operating system, turns out it was the powerline adapter that needed to be reset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/266041-cant-connect-my-network-internet-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 107.57%

I'm using a TP-Link 8810 modem with a switch, with 3 computers attached. Everything was going fine until 2 days ago, when the Windows 7 (64 bit) Dell notebook stopped connecting while the others were connected. In other words, there is a conflict somewhere that I can't find. The router is configured correctly. I know this is kind of vague, but can anyone help out?

I can enter the modem (192.168.1.1) from all three computers.

Address IPv4 for the Windows 7 Dell notebook is 192.168.1.2
The address on the other machines (running XP) are 192.168.1.4 and 192.168.1.6

Relevancy 107.57%

I have an eMachines E527 laptop and until this week I could get on the internet no problem. However, all of a sudden I can't get on at all. The "Network and Sharing Center" shows that I am connected to the network but have no internet access. When I try to diagnose the problem, it says "Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues," yet at the same time my family has 4 other computers that can effortless connect to the internet.

Please help!
P.S. I can copy and paste the results to the "cmd:ipconfig/all" if needed.

Relevancy 107.57%

When I am building a query in Access 2007, the "Sort:" and "Criteria:" selctions don't work when I switch from 'Design View' to 'Datasheet View'.
If I change the query type from 'Select' to 'Make Table' and run the query, the data in the new table mathces the "Sort:" and "Criteria:" selctions correctly.
What is wrong with my Select Query - Datasheet View? This is very annoying.

A:Access 2007 "Sort:" and "Criteria:" not working in Datasheet View

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-2007-sort-and-criteria-not-working-in-datasheet-view.977311/
Relevancy 107.57%

Anyone tried deleting a registry key in Windows nbsp Got quot access denied quot or quot Error while deleting key quot The usual response is key" deleting ADMIN! or Permissions -"Access AS while Denied" "Error EVEN Regedit quot You need to run regedit as an administrator quot nbsp but I AM logged in as Administrator and running regedit as administrator trying to assign administrator full permissions on that registry key in order to delete it nbsp Am I mistaken or isn't Regedit Permissions -"Access Denied" or "Error while deleting key" EVEN AS ADMIN! Administrator supposed to be able to administer and control all the settings on the computer in order to set it up for the quot Average Joe quot user So under the permissions menu of that key go to advanced change the owner from System to Administrator and try again nbsp It's no longer saying quot access denied quot but quot Cannot delete xxxxxx Error while deleting key quot The scenario Basically the wireless has stopped working on a laptop The device does not show up in Device Manager but is in the registry so the normal procedure is to delete the registry entry for the device in HKLM System CurrentControlSet and ControlSet Enum PCI nbsp nbsp then attach the device or restart the computer it finds the quot new quot hardware and reinstalls it Easy Not with permission restrictions on the administrator account it's not nbsp So I need to give myself permission to give myself permission to do a simple task like delete a single registry key nbsp Why Microsoft why nbsp Please just make the Administrator account a hidden quot God mode quot account that can do anything and make the lives of us techies much easier in the process nbsp RANT Now where did I put that XP disc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56fed319-a532-46a4-a384-fd795998c4a3/regedit-permissions-quotaccess-deniedquot-or-quoterror-while-deleting-keyquot-even-as?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 107.26%

Does anybody know how I can change these icons?

I changed the default icon for the network one in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C} but it didn't change.
Appreciate any help,

B

A:Changing "Computer" and "Network" icons in explorer navigation pane

Hello, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If you like, you could use the method in the tutorial below to change the icon of "Computer" and "Network" to what you like, and have it applied everywhere in Windows.

Desktop Icons - Change or Restore Default Icon

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/351478-changing-computer-network-icons-explorer-navigation-pane.html
Relevancy 107.26%

This is a question for information about why my networking problem finally was resolved I have four PC s on my network one Windows and three Windows XP The Windows PC always sees all three of the other computers However the Windows XP computers sometimes don t see the other XP computers when I press My Network Places Quite by accident I discovered that "View when Network Places" Why "My does Workgroup Computers" doesn't? work if I press View Workgroup Computers then ALL the other PC s in the network DO show up Furthermore if I click through quot View Workgroup Computers quot and access edit a file on one of the other computers then this computer will ALSO show up in My Network Places This behavior seems to be quite consistent and works every time I have tried it Apparently this is a workaround to the long vexing problem of why Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? my networked PC s sometimes don t show up under My Network Places My question why does View Workgroup Computers apparently always show all the networked PC s when My Network Places does so only intermittently or sometimes not at all Thanks for Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? any response Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-does-view-workgroup-computers-work-when-my-network-places-doesnt-487868.html
Relevancy 106.95%

This just happened out of nowhere yesterday morning My local "Network a - internet? to the network to not Connected 7" but Solved: roommate was using her laptop with no issues until suddenly the connection cut out She tried reconnecting but had no luck so she waited still no signal She was able to see our network name but it would not allow her to connect to it Same thing when I tried my laptop I could see it scanning wi-fi and showed available connections including our own but it wouldn t let me connect The desktop in our home office has internet The modem is showing all the proper lights flashing indicating there is ethernet DSL and internet When we open our laptops and get a signal even for a brief moment it kills the connection on the desktop and all lights on the modem go off except the power light which starts flashing slowly Totally loses connection As soon as we close the laptop the connection comes back on the desktop I noticed that the icon in the Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? tray that indicates connectivity the two computer monitors flashing blue back and forth looks different than normal There is no little globe in Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? front of them there are just two monitors and there is usually a globe showing internet access So I clicked it and it says we re connected to quot Network quot Access local So I took a screen shot of this What is going on can someone help me out I have no idea what to do but we need internet on the Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet? laptops If you need any more information from me feel free to ask Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Connected to "Network 7" a local network - but not to the internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-network-7-a-local-network-but-not-to-the-internet.1073683/
Relevancy 106.95%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html