Windows Support Forum

My SATA HDD is not available for boot priority selection in BIOS settings

Q: My SATA HDD is not available for boot priority selection in BIOS settings

Dear All.
I have been stuck to a peculiar problem. Let me discuss the situation. I Have got the following configuration: Asus motherboard with Intel Dual Core processor, 2 GB of DDR2 RAM and one 80GB P-ATA and one 500 GB S-ATA HDD. I have installed Windows in the S-ATA HDD and decided to use the P-ATA HDD as additional storage drive. Now the problem is, sometimes the system cannot detect the P-ATA HDD, and sometimes when it detects it appears as Primary IDE Slave and in that case the SATA drive disappears from the boot priority drive list in bios setting. So the system cannot boot. Presently I am using my PC without connecting the P-ATA drive. But I want to use both of them. In this situation can u masters help me out of this problem? Thanks in advance........ Kabiraj.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My SATA HDD is not available for boot priority selection in BIOS settings

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My SATA HDD is not available for boot priority selection in BIOS settings

Is the BIOS updated to it's latest firmware?
Alternative solution would be that you buy an pata HDD USB box and put the pata HDD in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sata-hdd-is-not-available-for-boot-priority-selection-in-bios-settings.178476/
Relevancy 98.04%

I have two questions Why do I have to set my BIOS to boot from the IDE hard drive first then the SATA hard drive to get windows to WinXP priority in from if won't BIOS first SATA set boot as boot when my winXP is installed on the SATA hard drive What the best way to recover data from my old IDE hard drive without having my computer try to boot from this drive when my operating WinXP won't boot from SATA if set as first priority in BIOS system is on the SATA drive It seems to prefer trying to boot from the IDE drives first I am currently running an ASUS AN SLI-Deluxe motherboard with one GB IDE hard drive and one GB SATA hard drive I have windows xp installed on the SATA drive I tried attaching an older computer s IDE hard drive to my slave IDE connection to retrieve my old files It was recognized in the BIOS but then when I tried to reboot the computer it was trying to boot the windows OS that s corrupted from the IDE The BIOS is set to boot from the SATA first and then the IDE master on the hard drive priority list not the list that prioritizes the boot devices CDROM floppy etc I removed the old hard drive and tried to restart the computer again It wouldn t restart I changed the boot hard drive boot priority to the SATA first and then the IDE hard drive It still wouldn t boot without having the WIN XP disk in the CDROM I couldn t get the WINXP to boot until I set the IDE as the first priority and then the SATA as second I read about some similar but not exactly the same issues maybe the answer to this may help I still want to recover my old files from the older IDE I am not sure how to do this now Any thoughts Thanks nbsp

A:WinXP won't boot from SATA if set as first priority in BIOS

I am not sure if this additional information matters, but both hard drives are manufactured by Seagate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-wont-boot-from-sata-if-set-as-first-priority-in-bios.78577/
Relevancy 83.42%

Just migrated/updated my main C: drive to a SSD Seagate 128GB drive....minor issues at first but now running great.

Question is re my system bios. What if any is the correlation between the Sata 'order' in the following:

Bios Main Settings readout ( bios main settings.jpg )
Bios Boot settings/Hard Disk Drive ( bios boot settings.jpg )
Sata ports on MB numbered 1-6

Should these not have the drives listed in the same order in the readouts...?...is there a way to make MB board Sata1 port the C: drive...Sata2 port drive the Maxtor Drive...etc

Are the MB Sata ports numbering related in any way to what shows up in the two attached bios HDD/SSD bios screens ?

Thanks...TRinAz

A:Bios settings re new SSD boot drive & MB Sata connectors

Change the cables round to suit.
SATA3G...1 = SSD.
2 to 5 = to suit.
SATA3G...6 = DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/317486-bios-settings-re-new-ssd-boot-drive-mb-sata-connectors.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Strange issue. Trying to fix a boot-up issue. After a good cleaning, the Dell Laptop would still boot up to DELL logo 60% of the time. Checked boot priority in System Setup and #1 was set to Windows Boot Manager. Changed the order to OS, and it booted. After sitting for a while, the DELL logo would appear again, no waking it, hard reset, checked the settings, and Windows Boot Manager was back to #1.

After messing with it, did a RESET. Same issue is happening. DELL logo stuck at loading. Keep having to change boot order to get it to boot. Yes, I save options before exiting. Restored default settings in bios. hmmmmm. Do a clean install?? And what is the correct boot order anyway?

A:After RESET, Boot priority still messed up in BIOS

The PC does boot to windows boot manager...

But if you keep have issues - do a clean install and then install facory dell drivers..

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/59621-after-reset-boot-priority-still-messed-up-bios.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Operating System is XP Pro SP I recently built a desktop with a Gigabyte mobo I have several USB and USB eSATA external hard drives The SATA BIOS Order Keeps Boot Priority Changing internal drives consist of two in a RAID configuration There is only one operating system installed on the RAID internal drives Naturally I set the RAID drives to boot first in the main BIOS setup of the time that s where the boot begins for most of us I ve got the usual seperate boot menu that allows you to boot from another device On the next reboot it reverts back to the normal boot order I found out too late the this mobo randomly BIOS Keeps Changing Boot Order Priority changes the boot order If one or two external drives are turned on the boot order will be scrambled This is beyond insane because you cannot boot from something that has no operating system active BIOS Keeps Changing Boot Order Priority partition etc Google turned up a long list of posts on other forums about this problem It occurs with other mobo s BIOS Keeps Changing Boot Order Priority besides Gigabyte Someone suggested checking out BIOS Overlay s and bootloader programs The only thing I remember about overlay s is that they were used with an older BIOS that would not recognize a partition over a certain size A few years ago hard drives capacities exploded but a lot of folks had older mobo s that couldn t quot see quot these big drives Bootloaders or boot managers are usually used when you ve got two or more operating systems installed Could this type of program lock my system so it would always boot from the active partition even though I have only one operating system installed If the BIOS setup is always scrambling the boot order I don t see how a boot manager could resolve this problem I ve got double backups of everything I m willing to try anything that one of you BIOS gurus might suggest nbsp

A:BIOS Keeps Changing Boot Order Priority

Do you have the latest bios version? If not go to gigabytes site and download it and flash the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-keeps-changing-boot-order-priority.790564/
Relevancy 72.24%

hey guys following boot drive off windows loading BIOS priority different / on from my other thread Re-install windows w new motherboard and CPU i ended up managed to be able to boot into windows after i swapped out my motherboard and CPU to the new ones and everything seems to be working as it should windows automatically BIOS boot priority / windows loading off different drive installed the intel drivers and all my old programs and settings are there BIOS boot priority / windows loading off different drive perfectly interesting thing is that BIOS boot priority / windows loading off different drive i can only boot into windows if i select my backup drive as boot device in the BIOS the SSD isnt even on the list the thing i don't understand lies in that if i select my SSD as priority where the directory of windows is installed i get a bootmgr missing error - i've tried the various methods of recovering this using the cmd and a windows installation disc This isnt a huge issue but it's really tripping me out as to why this is occurring ps i initially had some issues getting windows to boot so i installed a clean windows on this backup drive i didnt change any settings at all was only making sure that the SSD was being recognized and i hadn't corrupted it somehow is it possible that the backup drive boot manager is directing it to the SSD or i really have no idea cheers to anyone that has thoughts on this

A:BIOS boot priority / windows loading off different drive

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/21826-bios-boot-priority-windows-loading-off-different-drive.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi All - I have just bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop. Before installing everything I wanted to partition the hard drive, for various reasons. To do so, I installed EASUS Pro. (Have used that many, many times on my W7 PC without a problem.) Anyway, it went away to resize the boot partition and now I can't do a [email protected]#%$ing thing. The laptop boots to a 0xc0000225 error screen, and that's it. I entered the UEFI Firmware Settings, and managed to firstly change the fn keys to standard (YAY!) but I CANNOT use the F10 key to save the boot priority to CD/DVD or anything else, so I have nowhere to go from there.

Any useful suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have literally no idea what to do, am hundreds of miles from any physical support, and so have a totally useless, very expensive laptop on my desk.

A:Toshiba W8 laptop - can't change BIOS/boot priority

Need to back way up to the beginning. Start by telling us step by step what you were doing. Before the BSOD came up.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52412-toshiba-w8-laptop-cant-change-bios-boot-priority.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I want to make my IDE the primary hard drive and SATA the secondary. By default windows selects the SATA but I have issues with partitions and I want to use the IDE instead.
In my advanced features bios I am given three boot devices to choose as I will, but if I want to boot from a hard drive it doesn't give me a choice so it selects primary device being the SATA.
The standard cmos features show the SATA on channel 0 master and i'm given three options - none, auto and manual. Nowhere do I see an option to change the IDE to primary. How do I do this?
I have a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l mobo

A:Cannot change boot disc priority in Gigabyte BIOS

In the Advanced BIOS Features you have First boot device; Second boot device; Third boot device. Take a look at the item just above those: Hard Disk Boot Priority

Highlight it and press "Enter." You should see all your hard drives listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-change-boot-disc-priority-in-gigabyte-bios.151847/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all i'm new to win so please be patient with me The thing BIOS device boot not priority saving Windows on 8 is as follows i wanted to do a fresh windows install Windows 8 boot priority device not saving on BIOS i have a samsung NP P C-T CL notebook with windows OEM preinstalled and when i updated to the system Windows 8 boot priority device not saving on BIOS went slow and quot faily quot So i put the CD on the drive but for my suprise when i reboted the system to enter the BIOS the F key didn't do the job nor it appeared on the splash screen on samsung After googling a lot and under trial error concept i could enter Windows 8 boot priority device not saving on BIOS the BIOS via Shift Restart I did some changes to the BIOS booting set-up and noticed i have Windows Boot Manager the CD the HDD and one option called quot SETUP quot that has a quot quot quot Setup quot So i tried every combination posible with Secure boot unabled and UEFI CSM OS also with UEFI disabled and none gave me the option to enter bios with F or recovery with F I managed to install win on another HDD Main thing besides the F F F F F yes i prove all of them even ESC is that whenever i change the boot order it's not saved and it is restablished to Windows Boot Manager Windows Boot Manager Setup HDD CD Also i noticed that on the password options the one for the HDD appears grayed and as quot FROZEN quot I entered user and supervisor password neither cleared the HDD one So anyone having any ideas i want to keep the BIOS update as a last resort Please enlight me fellows i'm disturbed and annoyed on this issue clearly it's not hdd related as the same thing happened when i tried another hdd with win Thanks for reading this and best regards

A:Windows 8 boot priority device not saving on BIOS

It sounds as though you are having a hardware problem. Check in with you manufacture

If Not a hardware problem

Remove all hard drives from your computer except the disk you want to install window on.
Install window and reboot
update windows and reboot
Ok now you have a booting OS Yes?
Access you other drives VIA USB and delete the boot partitons or make them Logical what ever you need to do to get rid of the boot managers on those drives
Then re install all your drives and boot up problem solved

Password protected hard drive with out the password you might not be able to open.
you could try to use diskpart to Clean it and convert to GPT
Booting and partitioning of GPT
1.Boot from the Windows 8 install media (You must initiate this boot from a device labeled as a UEFI device, or the installation of Windows 8 will produce an error that the OS cannot be installed to a GPT partition) These UEFI boot devices will have a prefix UEFI: "name of your device", and show as a boot option in your UEFI.
2.After booting to the UEFI device you see the Install Windows 8 screen, press Shift + F10 to open a command prompt.
3.Type Diskpart, press Enter
4.Type List Disk , press Enter
5.Type Select Disk # (where # is the number your drive shows up as), press Enter
6.Type Clean, press Enter
7.Type Convert GPT, press Enter
8.Type Exit, press Enter.

Also you might want check in with Gateway Support Forum this could be a common problems that has an easy fix. Home Gateway

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50254-windows-8-boot-priority-device-not-saving-bios.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello So i have an Windows Pro Few days after boot in Windows Automatic changing priority - Repair BIOS 10 ago after Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS i finished testing my ram in memtest bootable from USB i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD After this Windows was showing at boot Automatic Repair When starting Windows boot loader starts by quot preparing automatic repair quot and diagnosing pc Then after this i get screen with Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc And the interesting is that if I restart Windows after procedure mentioned earlier it will boot normally This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows So i was needed boots to boot properly to windows After screen with Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc i was able to boot Windows properly So i formatted disk and all is fine after format and windows booting fine But i want to know why it happened earlier That was still hardware issue Thx for opinion Somebody said that can be caused by bad ram or other hardware Also On my old laptop with Windows Pro i made the same operation i change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows shows Automatic Repair But it happened once and i cant reproduce No format was needed Weird that pc was needed to be formatted when on laptop not because Automatic repair on laptop happened once after changing boot in bios from USB to HDD and no more happened on next Windows Pro boots Any ideas Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not Pc k x gb mhz Hyperx DDR Asus Sabertooth Z Mark UEFI Laptop is old with gb ram and old standard bios no Uefi

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41908-windows-10-automatic-repair-after-changing-boot-priority-bios.html
Relevancy 71.38%

i have a samsung np300e4c-a09jm that boots straight into the bios (Phoenix SecureCore Tiano). which would normally be no problem because i am pretty savvy with laptop repair. but in this case when i go to the boot menu its completely empty. could anyone tell me how to fix this. i would think that i'd just be able to go to samsung support and download a new (or newer) version of the bios. ironically samsung doesn't even acknowledge that they make this particular model of laptop and furthermore i can find a download for this bios anywhere. any help would be appreciated.

A:samsung np300e4c shows no boot priority menu in bios

Here's the support page for that model:http://www.samsung.com/latin_en/sup...Apparently the 'update software' option under Firmware is a bios update.You can download the manual there if necessary. It may have information about bios setup.message edited by DAVEINCAPS

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/samsung-np300e4c-shows-no-boot-priority-menu-in-bios/2122.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Ok so I was being nosy in my BIOS which I now regret just having a look around investigating into a slow boot problem I have I have windows installed on my Samsung GB SSD drive and when looking at the boot priority noticed that this SSD drive PC in after loop, BIOS boot reboot stuck changing priority was near the bottom After pushing it to the top of the list thinking this would cause no problem as after all it should be the boot drive anyway I saved the BIOS and restarted My PC is now stuck in an infinite boot - reboot loop and will not even get to the stage where I can access the BIOS PC stuck in reboot loop, after changing BIOS boot priority I'm stressing out as I feel like there is quite frankly PC stuck in reboot loop, after changing BIOS boot priority nothing I can do as it boots for say - seconds with black blank screen then turns off again and starts over I know this is vague and somewhat undescriptive but if somebody could help me out then it would be a life saver If you would like some more info then just let me PC stuck in reboot loop, after changing BIOS boot priority know and I will do my best to give you what you need to help thanks in advance i Asus x -ud r mobo gb ram samsung ssd samsung tb hdd x

A:PC stuck in reboot loop, after changing BIOS boot priority

Hello have you checked out any of the tutorials here and can you boot into safe mode at all to do a system repair.

Advanced Boot Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/363389-pc-stuck-reboot-loop-after-changing-bios-boot-priority.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Still trying to decide which way to go to have one PC with XP and Vista 64. I kinda like the idea of completely separated installations, and was hoping to get assurance that if I installed them each on two separate drives I could control which OS started simply by changing the bootable drive in the mainboard's BIOS. I have a new ASUS P5E and you can in fact set the boot drive. My only concern is whether or not in this situation each OS remains completely independent of the other--ie, that XP does not know Vista is installed in the same box, and vice versa. Can anyone confirm this is the case? I am trying to get around various entanglements and issues (like the restore point deletions, etc) that can occur with dual booting in typical ways.

Thanks in advance,

Noel

A:If you change the boot priority in the BIOS, will 2 OS installs stay independent?

Hi Noel.

I have XP and Vista Premium installed on my laptop with two separate hard drives. I installed XP first on the C drive and then Vista on the D drive.

There is no interference between the two OS's at all. I have had no problem running either one of them. I don't see the need to change the boot order in the BIOS as Vista installs a boot manager and you can select Vista or "Older windows operating system" to boot into.

Even though Vista is on the D drive, it fools itself into believing it is the C drive. I don't know how this works, but it does. (eg: When using windows explorer under vista, XP is on the D drive).

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Snark

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/131819-if-you-change-boot-priority-bios-will-2-os-installs-stay-independent.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello So i have an Windows Pro Few days ago 10 BIOS priority boot changing Repair in Automatic Windows - after after i finished testing my ram in memtest bootable from USB i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD After this Windows Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS was showing at boot Automatic Repair When starting Windows boot loader starts by quot preparing automatic repair quot and diagnosing pc Then after this i get screen with Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc And the interesting is that if I restart Windows after procedure mentioned Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS earlier it will boot normally This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows So i was needed boots to boot properly to windows After screen with Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc i was able to boot Windows properly So i formatted disk and all is fine after format and windows booting fine But i want to know why it happened earlier That was still hardware issue Thx for opinion Somebody said that can be caused by bad ram or other hardware Also On my old laptop with Windows Pro i made the same operation i change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows shows Automatic Repair But it happened once and i cant reproduce No format was needed Weird that pc was needed to be formatted when on laptop not because Automatic repair on laptop happened once after changing boot in bios from USB to HDD and no more happened on next Windows Pro boots Any ideas Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not Pc k x gb mhz Hyperx DDR Asus Sabertooth Z Mark UEFI Laptop is old with gb ram and old standard bios no Uefi

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/41908-windows-10-automatic-repair-after-changing-boot-priority-bios.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am trying to boot from the recovery cd and cannot. When I look at the Bios setup utility.Bios device priority there are no choices under the boot device priority to select from. When I attempt to load the setup defaults these are still missing. I am trying to figure out to to solve the NTLDR is missing error and am trouble shooting. Can anyone offer suggestions?

A:Bios Setup Boot Device Priority options Missing

What bios do you have? Try pressing F12, F10, or delete when it boots and one of those will take you to a menu to let you choose which device to boot from.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bios-setup-boot-device-priority-options-missing-371358.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have MegaTrends version 204 bios on my Asus P53E notebook. I am unable to find an option for choosing USB as the first boot drive.
I created a bootable USB stick for a clean install. Am I going to have to use a CD as the boot device or is there something I am missing?
Bill

A:My Bios does not allow selection of USB as a boot option

Try using the One Time Boot Menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/303554-my-bios-does-not-allow-selection-usb-boot-option.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I'm sure this has been asked alot, but being dell support asks for individual threads to be made to evaluate individuals issues. I've had my 5720 for a few years now, I disliked windows 8 coming pre-installed and begged for windows 7 from dell when purchased but to no avail, I got windows 8. Windows 10 made the computer almost unbearable to use, so I have made my mind up to go back to windows 7. Unfortunately I can not access the BIOS or Boot selection to boot from my windows 7 USB drive. I've tried in the past to use a disk to install but either dell or windows 8 and 10 blocks the installation. Current BIOS version is a12. Any help would be great, and if there has been a solution my internet searching has failed me.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989855
Relevancy 69.23%

My computer boots, showing message "F2 for setup, F12 for boot selection", but actual pressing F2 or F12 do nothing.I tried to connect external usb keyboard - no effect.Sometimes it saying about keyboard stuck if i press too active but still do not go to setup screen. It is able to boot from hdd but i need to boot sometimes from usb or dvd and can not access this feature.Recent win10 installation may be related to problem but it happens with both win10 or win7 on hdd, or even with hdd removed. Without hdd it just loop on network boot attempts. No passwords were installed. Is there any reset for bios memory, or can flashing bios help? And is it possible to flash bios for this model?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/V570-can-not-access-bios-or-boot-selection-menu/td-p/3414976
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there I am getting since few selection SSD failed...Status my 0xc000000e, and gone Bios! from Boot weeks blue screen error message and computer crash right after that The problem become very persistent and two days ago I got crash again and at new booting the black screen poped up with a message I went into Bios and make sure it boots in right order but I couldn't find my SSD disc at all The order I had was P HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH LS - Which is my DVD Rom Boot selection failed...Status 0xc000000e, and my SSD gone from Bios! P WDC WD AAKS- A - my Internal HDD Wester Digital Caviar blue it is not recongisable in windows environment though - can't see it in My Computer UEFI disk is on the third position an is labeled same as first one DVD Rom with green UEFI label across the icon All in all it was keep going back to the error message I opened my case and switched SATA cables - then suddenly find my SSD in Boot queue put discs in order SSD DVD and booted correctly nevertheless after minutes problem appeared again and my SSD disapeared from boot queue in Bios but still appear in bios menu - where I cannot change order though it does only in main view EZ Menu Meanwhile I did next few restarts my CD Rom changed booting position in Bios for some reason - then I switched SATA cable again and set it back to order The only option which allowed me to boot system with success was a reset button on the back of my mobo Didn't work every time however computer keep freezing approx ever half an hour and I don't know what to do I Cannot set right order in Bios as my SSD is not recognised in bios boot order - while it does in bios menu HELP

A:Boot selection failed...Status 0xc000000e, and my SSD gone from Bios!

If you've installed to SSD in UEFI mode then the Windows Boot Manager might need to be in first position in BIOS Boot Priority order.

Do you have a bootable OS on the HDD, or did you previously so that boot code might still be on it if it hasn't been wiped yet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/288126-boot-selection-failed-status-0xc000000e-my-ssd-gone-bios.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Which of these three Bios settings should I be using for a SATA drive?
1.) 4P(IDE)+2S(IDE)
2.) 4P(IDE)+2S(RAID)
3.) 4P(IDE)+2S(AHCI)

See screenshot of these BIOS settings here, http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...dID=75594228&albumID=2645700&imageID=42626260

A:Which of these three Bios settings should I be using for a SATA drive?

depends on the OS that you are booting to.
1 or 2 for xp and 3 for vista.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-of-these-three-bios-settings-should-i-be-using-for-a-sata-drive.120528/
Relevancy 67.51%

My laptop wasn't running games as it should so instead of troubleshooting the problems we decided to do a clean install of windows None of the drives would show up so we looked it up and used the driver cd that came with the laptop and they weren't on the disk then we tried to boot from the OS to find the drives We were able to find the drives but couldn't format them or delete any We read through the options and it said files would be moved to windows old and we wouldnt be able to boot from disk Sata in settings now is BIOS Changed invalid it and we would be able to delete the partitions later Windows wouldn't reboot after the installation and i had to choose which windows to boot from so i restored the original to factory and tried again and it still didn't work now there's a windows setup option and two windows options during the boot screen We did more research and we found out we had to change the sata settings in the bios to find the drives I changed from the default intel settings to AHCI and booted from the cd We were able to find the drives but couldnt delete any of the partitions instead of formatting the disk and reinstalling they reinstalled again on the current copy of windows now theres three windows options and one windows setup option and all of them go to blue screen i tried to do it again but theres just an unallocated space disk that's about gb the gb disk drive can't be found while booting from the cd i ran diskpart and it says disk is invalid the computer had a RAID setup Changed Sata settings in BIOS now disk is invalid and i think changing the options in the BIOS is why we've tried changing it back and no luck would clearing the drive with diskpart and doing a clean install fix it if not can someone please explain how to fix what's happened to this computer

A:Changed Sata settings in BIOS now disk is invalid

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. (If an EFI BIOS you'll need to decide if you want UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS. If UEFI follow these special steps for Install, otherwise enable Legacy BIOS or Compatibility Support Module to proceed with normal install.) Set DVD drive first to boot, HD second, set SATA controller to AHCI, Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into Windows 7 installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here. The prompt for drivers normally means a bad installer, so try another if it repeats.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10, or enter System Recovery Options to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt. You are creating the partition here for the purpose of wiping the HD and marking Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/301457-changed-sata-settings-bios-now-disk-invalid.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Had a SATA drive DELL less than a year old Dell error code told drive bad need a new one Person came to install drive left SATA Bios 8400 Dell settings Drive without installing windowxp Tried to install windows xp said drive not detected Had to call person back they went into the bios and changed the settings to ATA then windows loaded Then when I went to install drivers with Dell disk RAID something or other was detected but when drivers SATA Drive Bios settings Dell 8400 went to install said it wasn t there kind of don t understand what RAID is Questions Should the bios be put back to original settings and then those drivers put in or leave well enought alone since SATA Drive Bios settings Dell 8400 the computer is working OK Is code always fatal I want to get some files from the old hard drive can I add the sata to an existing computer with SATA Drive Bios settings Dell 8400 an IDE using an add in card in efforts to try to get some important files THANKS INFO APPRECIATED nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-drive-bios-settings-dell-8400.27226/
Relevancy 64.93%

I am helping a friend whose Compaq Presario SR NX while running died and would not quot power up quot again even with the usual quot power removal reset quot process Since the power supply initially tested ok it was decided that the problem was with the system board and a new ASUS HP OEM P LP-LE board was purchased and installed This did not correct the quot power quot problem and a new power supply was then purchased "boot MB not Solved: BIOS priority" in new shown HDD and installed This corrected the quot power quot problem but now with the new system board the BIOS only recognizes the CD DVD drive in the BIOS setup quot boot priority quot list and therefore will not attempt to quot boot quot from the SATA HDD where they Vista OS is installed In testing the computer will quot boot quot from a quot bootable quot CD Although the HDD is recognized and shown by manufacturer and part number in the BIOS setup quot Solved: HDD not shown in new MB BIOS "boot priority" main quot tab the only quot bootable quot device shown as being installed and quot highlighted quot in the quot boot priority quot list quot boot quot tab is the CD DVD drive All other devices including the HDD are shown as quot not installed quot Every attempt which I ve made to quot edit quot the BIOS has failed Any help with regard to changing the BIOS and resolving this problem will be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: HDD not shown in new MB BIOS "boot priority"

Is sata enabled in bios?
Is the new board the same as the old board?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hdd-not-shown-in-new-mb-bios-boot-priority.893509/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have hard drives with windows system on them One is windows media center xp and the other is xp pro As I start my pc it goes through the bios and then stops and I have choices Booting to the media center drive rdisk or the xp pro drive rdisk Both drives boot to their respective desktops all is well Btw i did install the systems when both drives where running My question change when boot settings NTLDR bios but 2 drives get Dual i ok boot when Dual boot 2 drives ok but get NTLDR when i change boot bios settings I change my bios from first boot Dual boot 2 drives ok but get NTLDR when i change boot bios settings disk to disk disk is another storage logical drive then save and exit it wont give me that choice anymore is shows a NTLDR missing I go to bios configuration again and change back to the original first boot drive and I can boot to either hard drive with no problems Why this is so This is my boot ini for both bootable drives boot loader timeout default multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS operating systems multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Windows XP Media Center Edition quot noexecute optin fastdetect multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS quot Microsoft Windows XP Professional quot noexecute optin fastdetect Thanks to all Robert nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-boot-2-drives-ok-but-get-ntldr-when-i-change-boot-bios-settings.696849/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello world I am Kiran As you can see in title i have a problem i am finding solution for days by now Found many suggestion on what to do on youtube yahoo answers and many other alternate sites but unfortunately there was no solution for me i mean i am beginner as compared to many people on this forum and i think there are many thing i haven't menu Keyboard(PS2) not Bios and working menu. Boot in selection tried yet as i know this forum can suggest it Problem is i am not able to navigate or perform any operation in bios once i am there its weird since if my keyboard wasn't supposed to work in bios i shouln't even able to get there by pressing Del key in the first place or f for boot selection menu from the menu it like froze up there it works fine in Keyboard(PS2) not working in Bios menu and Boot selection menu. windows ones i m in or within that f key operations that brings up several options and safe mode during startup so its only not working in cmos bios munu snd boot selection here's the Detail of hard ware gigabyte motherboard model g m-es l logitech ps keyboard not necessary i think core duo ddr gb Keyboard(PS2) not working in Bios menu and Boot selection menu. X RAMs gb Nvidea grafics Things i've already tried clear cmos Keyboard(PS2) not working in Bios menu and Boot selection menu. by jumper changed cmos battery since it was depleted after yr of no use tested with another ps keyboard updated bios from gigabyte online services times removed viruses lol and still cleaning countless time pc restart by pressing buttons that was supposed to cure problem but nothing worked for me so far i need to solve this problem for i am about to install windows newer version anything you say i will try it again if i have to thanks for your time

A:Keyboard(PS2) not working in Bios menu and Boot selection menu.

If your system currently has a malware problem/situation...this is not the correct forum for such.

Any issues that the system has developed...may be related to malware.  Rather than start a million topics for emerging symptoms...let's see if we can neutralize the malware aspect and then go on to whatever issues may appear.

Moved topic to Am I Infected forum.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630237/keyboardps2-not-working-in-bios-menu-and-boot-selection-menu/
Relevancy 61.06%

My Samsung SATA SSD + 3 HD's list during boot up and show in ASUS BIOS in the Hard Disk Drives boot order, but in the "Boot Device Priority" I do not get an option for my SATA CD-Roms, USB and Floppy.

Everything was working fine until I performed a software reboot.

Windows 7 64bit, Asus Rampage II,

A:BIOS lists SATA HD's but won't let me pick them in Boot Order??

It turns out somehow my external backup HD had jumped to the top of hard drive list. Problem was solved when I put the ssd back in 1st position.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246200-bios-lists-sata-hds-but-wont-let-me-pick-them-boot-order.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi My system is Powered by GIGABYTE nVIDIA GT Graphics Engine HyperThreading Serial ATA PCI Express x etc - W PSU FULL SPECIFICATIONS - RAIDMAX Ninja Series ATX Chassis with Front Audio amp USB - INTEL Pentium GHz MB L Cache SATA Master, as 200 4 "precautions?" GB New Barracuda Bios settings bit Processor - Generic GB DDR Dual Channel Memory - GIGABYTE GA- I PL-G Motherboard http www giga-byte com MotherBoard Products Products Spec GA- I PL-G Rev x htm - SEAGATE Barracuda GB SATA Hard Disk Drive - Pioneer Dual Double Layer DVD-RW - nVIDIA GT MB DDR PCI Express x Graphics Card by GIGABYTE - Integrated High Definition Channel Audio Controller - Integrated Gigabit Ethernet Controller - USB Ports I read through the thread http www techspot com Bios settings 4 New Barracuda 200 GB SATA as Master, "precautions?" vb all windows t- -Bios-Settings-For-A-Nonraid-Serial-Hard-Drive html and found that informative but not quite sure what is going on The first time I m setting up Master - Slave SATA configuration and though I get some Bios settings 4 New Barracuda 200 GB SATA as Master, "precautions?" stuff others I m seeing for the first time amp Still looking through the rest of the threads I m using my old pc that is running on dialup so its slow going I want to install a SATA II Seagate GB as my master and run my old one as a slave amp This drive I ve brought is suppose to be a new one is there anyway to check if anything else was installed on it If it is clean what are the steps to assign it as the new master version for dummies would be greatly appreciated thumbsup If it isn t clean will it still be the same I don t think my old one is SATA II and was wondering if the warning Mohlianum posted applies to me quot WARNING Switching SATA modes in the BIOS after installing the operating system is not recommended when a SATA drive is the boot drive Switching Bios settings 4 New Barracuda 200 GB SATA as Master, "precautions?" modes may cause an quot NTLDR quot error an immediate blue screen error followed by a reboot or another boot failure quot I was also wondering if my old drive when assigned as the slave and any of its old files are completely isolated from the master I don t want the new one to pick up any bad habits that drive developed It was giving me this problem of assigning USB addresses for output and any output information sent by my application to the USB port would get lost at the fake one I say USB ports for the same Hardware device because everytime I loaded a new output device the HWDW would detect twice and I had to complete both Detect Wizard setups before my device manager would show up that the device was added I have no idea where the first detection process was saving nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-settings-4-new-barracuda-200-gb-sata-as-master-precautions.48207/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a strange problem that has plagued me for months For a long time now I have had to go through a specific ritual to get my computer to boot properly Here s what happens I turn on the computer The first thing that happens is the POST phase I believe that s what it s termed as The system displays the quot Hit DEL to enter setup quot while it checks the memory available It will say MB OK which is the correct amount of memory At this stage the computer will either hang drives Boot involving SATA BIOS and up problem possibly for an eternity and never move OR it will keep going after a sec delay If it happens to keep going the computer will appear to boot as normal managing to get to the GRUB screen I m running Ubuntu The kernel will be selected and the boot process will start However it fails about midway through and drops me to Boot up problem possibly involving SATA drives and BIOS a root terminal with an error message stating that specific files couldn t be found on of my SATA hard drives At this point it looks like the BIOS can t see my SATA drives Now if I push the reset button on my system while it is hanging indefinitely it will restart and POST If I hit the DEL button to enter setup I can get to the setup screen and all my drives will be detected I simply exit the BIOS without making any changes and then everything works fine I can boot all the way into Ubuntu Therefore to boot up my computer successfully I MUST start the system wait about sec for it to hang at POST restart it by pushing the power button hitting DEL immediately at the POST screen get to the BIOS make no changes and then exit If I try hitting DEL on my first startup without doing the whole quot restart quot routine sometimes I can get into the BIOS but my SATA drives will then not be recognized Any advice Here are some specs ASUS P C DELUXE-UAY Socket Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard CORSAIR XMS MB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CMX - C PT X Intel Pentium C Northwood GHz Socket Processor Model BX PG D Maxtor DiamondMax B S GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive Western Digital GB IDE drive nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I am trying to get the bios settings correct for my pc I can get it to boot in auto mode but when I set the bus speeds and such to what I think they should be the computer will not start The cpu is an Athlon which should have a bus speed of and a clock multiplier of The memory is pc I have with get settings bios to can't boot computer the following can't get computer to boot with bios settings set in the bios CPU Frequency Mode MHz DRAM Clock MHz CPU Ratio Select I have also tried going in to the manual mode for the CPU Frequency Mode and tried these settings Frequency MHz Stepping MHz CPU to PCI Divider DRAM AGPCI Clock DRAM Clock MHz CPU Ratio Select x I have also tried the above with DRAM Clock set to By Speed The memory should go can't get computer to boot with bios settings up to MHz but I would like to just get can't get computer to boot with bios settings the computer to boot with the proper processor speed first What am I doing wrong I would like to get this working Thanks nbsp

A:can't get computer to boot with bios settings

Doesn't the Bios have a Default Setting? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-computer-to-boot-with-bios-settings.761239/
Relevancy 59.77%

My PC will not boot nor will it access bios settings PC cannot BIOS boot not will enter settings and by pressing F during boot process About weeks ago after an automatic Windows update my desktop PC became afflicted with the Critical Error Start menu and Cortana aren t working etc I resolved the matter by restoring my PC back to a state it was in few days earlier Yesterday the Critical Error start PC will not boot and cannot enter BIOS settings menu problem came back When I tried the restore back to an earlier state the restore didn t work and the PC just hung Now I cannot boot or access the bios settings I tried booting directly from a Windows Disc but that will not work either It will not boot in safe mode either Whereas I can understand that the unsuccessful restore may have corrupted the operating system I cannot understand how the BIOS will not work and why I cannot get into BIOS settings I have tried booting from a Windows disc but it will not do so - seems to me that the BIOS is bad I would really appreciate if anyone could give me a few pointers on what to try out Many thanks ------------------ My PC is a Dell XPS running Windows fully updated and has an mSATA SSD and two hard drives nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I set Internet Explorer to "High" priority in task manager.It reverts to normal after closing it & reopening it.While it is set on high it seems to react quicker.With no apparent problems.Maybe someone with more knowledge than I can comment on this.See picture below.I haven't tried "realtime" priority yet because I am afraid I will screw something up...Any comments are welcome.EDIT--Ignore the CPU Usage number in the picture.It hovers around 5% mostly...

A:Task Manager Priority Settings

If it's speed you are looking for try Firefox. (you can have both Firefox and IE)

Once you get it installed, click on tools then extensions and search for "Fasterfox". Install it, close Firefox and reopen it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/47204/task-manager-priority-settings/
Relevancy 59.34%

My computer is a (Canadian) HP G60 laptop with a Phoenix BIOS, and after I changed the BIOS boot order in the settings menu (to, unsuccessfully, boor Clonezilla from a flash drive), the BIOS starts, but Vista doesn't load. I only see a blank (black) screen after the BIOS menu.

I forgot what I specifically did, but could anyone tell me what I did wrong and how to recover the computer?

A:Vista won't boot after changing BIOS settings

Put the hd back at the top of the boot device order.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458972/vista-wont-boot-after-changing-bios-settings/
Relevancy 59.34%

I changed the boot settings in my bios to boot off a USB recovery drive since my Windows boot loader wasn't working and now the bios won't even load. Turning the power on starts the computer but nothing displays on the monitor. I've never felt so perpetually screwed in my life. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Bios won't load after changing boot settings

What id recommend you do is reset bios to default settings. To do so, shut your computer off, take out cmos battery and reinsert it. This will reset your bios to default settings. Report back if this solved your problem.
This will determine if the bios change is the primary cause to your blank screen of not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-wont-load-after-changing-boot-settings.1102912/
Relevancy 59.34%

Here s the deal I m administering a LAN consisting of IBM NetVistas Phoenix BIOS v mostly and there is a BIOS setting to have different boot orders depending on the startup type Primary Auto a to with settings Is it boot possible BIOS change disk? amp Error startup sequences depending on the circumstances What I want to do is disable the last boot preferences so that only the primary is used and I also want the primary to always boot in the following order Removable gt CDROM gt Hard Disk gt None I also want to disable a thing called the PXE Boot Agent which keeps trying Is it possible to change BIOS settings with a boot disk? to boot of the LAN which is a real pain When I originally build these PC s I m Is it possible to change BIOS settings with a boot disk? using a ghost boot disk which I have set up to Is it possible to change BIOS settings with a boot disk? automatically boot into ghost and deploy a pre-determined image Is there something I can use to change the BIOS settings on each PC as I build it so that the settings above are applied As usual IBM are no help I either get told it s not possible seems doubtful to me tbh or that they ll get back to me which obviously never happens Am I asking too much The reason I need this is that if this is not done and the PC is not shut down properly the BOIS the PC then goes into the error startup sequence which automatically tries to boot off the LAN and no matter how many times the user tries to reboot it stays stuck in this loop meaning I have to go out to each user this happens to at least - per week on our PC site thanks in advance viBe nbsp

A:Is it possible to change BIOS settings with a boot disk?

You would most likely need a bios editor to do what you want to do. It is a very risky operation to edit a bios. One wrong string and the board is shot or would need a bios chip. You can repair a bad flash with a working chip but I know nothing about doing it.

Johnwill knows about these things. Maybe he will stop in???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-change-bios-settings-with-a-boot-disk.330369/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello people!!!

I had problems installing windows 7 from bootable DVD and since I cant post a picture of the error because it is shown when I cannot use snipping tool I decided to make my usb bootable.
I did it following the steps as given by another threat in here but I cannot install windows again.
I think that I shall set the BIOS priority to USB but I hhave no idea how to do it.
Open to good advice!!!!
friwise

A:How to set the BIOS priority to USB?

Hello,

To set the boot priority, boot into the BIOS. Do this by pressing Del or F2 (depending on your computer) during the first screen shown when you turn on your machine.

Then look around for the option. Sorry I cannot help you more, each BIOS is different. I could tell you where mine is, but yours is probably not the same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/54424-how-set-bios-priority-usb.html
Relevancy 58.91%

My computer has the BSOD that says inaccessible boot drive and i think its becasue of the sata mode selection. But there is only one selection AHCI when i think i need ata. I dont know if i do need it be there harddrives serial ports say ata

A:SATA mode selection problem

Please follow the instructions here..

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41122-sata-mode-selection-problem.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I am trying to help with a HDD failure on a U The laptop does still work an the failure was almost certainly just the HDD I have a new HDD in place but I am unable to access BIOS and the machine obviously wont boot Just a black screen while the computer tries to do something F settings Satellite BIOS - boot Cannot U940 access or then power on doesn't workF then power on doesn't workESC then power on doesn't workTaking the Satellite U940 - Cannot boot or access BIOS settings battery out hasn't workedTaking the battery and power cord out and discharging by holding power Satellite U940 - Cannot boot or access BIOS settings button down for seconds hasn't worked I can't get at the BIOS I believe the machine was relying on the Intel hybrid drive stuff using the SDD in RAID before and that fast book was enabled Obviously I am unable to clean shut down the machine any more since I can't boot it back up with the old disk What I really want to do is reset the whole thing Get rid of any of Satellite U940 - Cannot boot or access BIOS settings the RAID stuff and put Windows back on the new HDD Any ideas how I can get into the BIOS to get around any of the RAID or FastBoot stuff

A:Satellite U940 - Cannot boot or access BIOS settings

Originally Posted by devondan

I am trying to help with a HDD failure on a U940. The laptop does still work an the failure was (almost certainly) just the HDD.

I have a new HDD in place but I am unable to access BIOS, and the machine obviously wont boot. Just a black screen while the computer tries to do something..
F2 then power on doesn't workF12 then power on doesn't workESC then power on doesn't workTaking the battery out hasn't workedTaking the battery and power cord out and discharging by holding power button down for 60+ seconds hasn't worked.
I can't get at the BIOS. I believe the machine was relying on the Intel hybrid drive stuff using the SDD in RAID before, and that fast book was enabled. Obviously I am unable to clean shut down the machine any more since I can't boot it back up with the old disk.

What I really want to do is reset the whole thing. Get rid of any of the RAID stuff and put Windows back on the new HDD. Any ideas how I can get into the BIOS to get around any of the RAID or FastBoot stuff?

Is there any way to disable Hybrid Sleep physically? Removing the CMOS battery? Replace memory? I can't do it from software or access the BIOS and I'm wondering if it is this that is preventing a clean boot.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89798-Satellite-U940-Cannot-boot-or-access-BIOS-settings
Relevancy 58.48%

I have upgraded from Windows which came on my Ideapad S touch machine to Updating d... to and to settings flash boot BIOS/UEIF Windows When checking to see if my BIOS UEFI is up to date on Lenovo's driver download page when I type in Windows for my operating system it lists nbsp available nbsp a version of BIOS UEFI for Windows versions and bit but doesn't mention Windows The version is nbsp In checking my version of BIOS it is SMBIOS Updating BIOS/UEIF and settings to boot to flash d... ver and my BIOS mode is UEFI nbsp Is this BIOS update appropriate for my machine and should I update it My second question is if I want to do a clean install of Windows with the latest version I don't know the settings in the BIOS I should choose from to make my computer boot to a bootable flash drive I know when I go into my BIOS settings I have UEFI regular or legacy Updating BIOS/UEIF and settings to boot to flash d... options Could someone give me the step by step process and right settings to accomplish this nbsp I tried calling Lenovo to ask this question which was useless The practically non-English speaking woman just asked what brand flash drive I had and where I bought it Best Buy and told me I had to contact them about how to boot from it What useless tech support To go any farther I would have to pay for that information

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everbody nbsp I am currently upgrading a HP Pavillion p t and I recently found out that it locks up my BIOS's option to configure secure boot I went through every method I could find on all support forums and have been trying for weeks now I am trying to install a new Graphics Card PNY GT gb and I would not boot no matter how I settings up showing not new boot for BIOS in Graphics... Secure did anything I then bought another card a Gigabyte GT gb and the same issue occured I know Secure boot settings not showing up in BIOS for new Graphics... that is not my power supply because it is w I have tried all advanced boot settings and reisntalled windows more times than I can count At this point I need some help My CPU is an Intel core i k with cores yes cores I double checked and I am running it with gb of Ram and the onboard graphics It came with a mb AMD radeon card from the stone age that got fried a while ago I am on windows right now and need to fix this issue I also tried reseting CMOS and I even bought a new CMOS battery and still nothing is working With no video card in my PC runs fine I am also running the latest BIOS version compatible with my device and still nothing will work I f someone could please help that would mean alot to me p s I forgot to say that both video cards work perfetly I tested them in a PC of a friends who had worse specs than me in every way nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Secure-boot-settings-not-showing-up-in-BIOS-for-new-Graphics/td-p/5807835
Relevancy 58.48%

My older brother has a Toshiba Satellite laptop. In his configuration, he has enabled fast boot up, thus, upon power up, the initial splash screen doesn't show but straight to the windows login screen. Now, I wanted to access the BIOS but I don't know how. I tried pressing DEL (for the BIOS setup) but since he has once enabled fast boot up in the BIOS settings itself, I can no longer do so. It always goes straight to the logon screen. Please help guys. I've tried searching the forum for possible same case/s but to no avail.

A:Disable fast boot up to enable BIOS Settings

I just googled how to enter the BIOS on a toshiba and saw several suggestions, including:

escape key

escape key for 3 seconds, followed by F1.

F1

F12

Take a look:

- Google Search

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248041-disable-fast-boot-up-enable-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Win 8.1 install says a required partition is missing. I read variously that the solution is to delete all partitions. Some say format the single partition. Others say just delete all partitions and leave as drive 0 unallocated. Will this leave the partition "structure" type as EIF GPT if it was that for the drive to begin with?

As a side issue:

I THOUGHT I had to turn off EIF Boot mode in bios and set cms in order to boot from installation DVD, but maybe that is just for USB booting.

But my main question is:

If deleting all partitions now allows win 8.1 to install, is it important what the bios boot mode is set to during this installation or only after installation on boot up IF the installation was executed with the idea that you wanted to use eif boot mode?

Hope that makes sense. Thank you.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/75613-win-8-1-install-process-bios-boot-mode-settings.html
Relevancy 58.48%

If I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 with the latest version 1607, I don't know the settings in the BIOS I should choose from to make my computer boot to a bootable flash drive. I know when I go into my BIOS settings I have UEFI regular or legacy options. Could someone give me the step by step process and right settings to accomplish this?  I tried calling Lenovo to ask this question which was useless. The practically non-English speaking woman just asked what brand flash drive I had and where I bought it (Best Buy) and told me I had to contact them about how to boot from it???????? What useless tech support! To go any farther, I would have to pay for that information.

Relevancy 58.48%

My laptop won't boot after I changed the video configuration settings in the bios. Any time I turn on the laptop it just makes a clicking noise & switches itself back off so I cannot change the settings back.
I have tried to reset the cmos battery but I have been unable to remove the keyboard to get to it.
is there a way I can get my laptop working again?

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Won't Boot After Changes in Bios Settings

With your receipt, take laptop to any busines-oriented computer store [for example I've used Altex in AustinTX], let them fix the problem for you. Once, they've fixed your laptop, make changes in video configurations in Windows OS, after making external media backups of your OS partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376548-acer-aspire-5750-wont-boot-after-changes-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi people. I'm either having a brain fart, or my BIOS is not working correctly.My BIOS version: American Megatrends Inc. G74Sx.201, 4/27/2011I need to boot from DVD to install a Linux Distro.When I go to my BIOS, and I look at the boot options, I don't see the option for my DVD drive. I took some photos of the options in my BIOS. Can someone assist me in figuring out how to boot from disc?CPU-ID Info - http://valid.canardpc.com/d0litf Screenshots (1400 pixels wide)http://i.imgur.com/jvENq9K.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/MdUKJth.jpg?1 Also, once the changes are made... what key do I press during start-up to get the boot menu? The way it is now, both F2 & Del bring me to the BIOS. Thank you ExplodingMonkey

A:Assistance to change settings in BIOS, to boot from disc

Are you sure it isn't the second option?

sata: hl-dt-stdvdram gt34n 

A quick google says that's a dvd drive, plus there's dvd in the name.  Try that and see what you come up with.

Once you set it to boot from disk (first) it will boot from the disk, in some instances it may prompt you to press "any" or a specific key in order to confirm the boot.  You won't change the key, it'll still be f2 or esc to get back to that screen.  The bios screen just lets you select the order in which devices are booted, you'll want to set your dvd to boot first of course.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564441/assistance-to-change-settings-in-bios-to-boot-from-disc/
Relevancy 58.48%

i opened up one of my customer s ibm laptop the cmos battery is missing i cannot go into bios settings so booting from cd is out of the question yes i can boot from a series of floppy disks what need go 2 change bios 2 need repair, laptops now? boot.. into settings cannot old ibm with floppy drive 2 laptops need repair, cannot go into bios settings need 2 change boot.. what now? to start the xp install possibly but there has to be another way which leads me to my second problem toshiba satelite notebook if i try to get into the bios configuration it freezes on me until i hit enter it seems like its indicating a problem with my hard drive if i try to go into bios but ih ave tried other hdd i still cant go into bios again i want to change boot settings to install windows now since i cant boot to xp with both these laptops how am i gonna fix them i know i cant hook up the hdd to my desktop and install windows via usb i have a to hdd converter can i install windows in the laptop hdd with my dekstop or any other way to do it nbsp

A:2 laptops need repair, cannot go into bios settings need 2 change boot.. what now?

up.

help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-laptops-need-repair-cannot-go-into-bios-settings-need-2-change-boot-what-now.654397/
Relevancy 58.48%

HI, I'm attamepting to do the usual duel boot on a Dell XPS 720 which I have noticed a few people have had problems with, and the answer seems to be the same everywhere I look:

Go into the bios and check the "Sata Operation" setting, change it to "Raid Autodetect/ATA whihc is in the drives section

However when I go into my Bios I seem to have a differnet setup!

When I go inot my drive section, I do not have an option for sata operation!

Instead it says SATA 0 - SATA 7 with options for OFF, ON or RAID ON
there is no option to autodetect anything.

Any ideas?

Damo

A:Xp, Vista duel boot on Dell with different Bios settings

attempt dual boot..just install vista or xp...

then once one is installed..use DISKPART..here is a link to dual boot really easy!!

try installing vista first for this tutorial!!

Enjoy

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/...stalled-first/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-vista-duel-boot-on-dell-with-different-bios-settings-273937.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi 10 Forums !

I have a kind of big problem with 10 Pro. My problem was "ok" in 8/8.1 Pro.
As title says, I would like to give WiFi priority over ethernet. Why ? You may ask, I'm using laptop as a hyper-v machine ( prepare migrations from 2003/2008 to 2012 and others IT Admin things ). I know where to change prority but.
Settings aren't saved. Even after setting WiFi on top of ladder, after going to the settings again it's 3'rd.
That way I have no internet connection because of my VM Networks and their DNS settings.
Anyone had similar problem ?

~ Kleks

A:Wifi priority over ethernet, problem with saving settings.

Hi I have just come across this problem, did you manage to resolve this, I've tried changing priorities in advance settings and changing metrics but nothing seems to work.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Kleksiq

Hi 10 Forums !

I have a kind of big problem with 10 Pro. My problem was "ok" in 8/8.1 Pro.
As title says, I would like to give WiFi priority over ethernet. Why ? You may ask, I'm using laptop as a hyper-v machine ( prepare migrations from 2003/2008 to 2012 and others IT Admin things ). I know where to change prority but.
Settings aren't saved. Even after setting WiFi on top of ladder, after going to the settings again it's 3'rd.
That way I have no internet connection because of my VM Networks and their DNS settings.
Anyone had similar problem ?

~ Kleks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/28213-wifi-priority-over-ethernet-problem-saving-settings.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello
I think this is the right section to post this in? if not I apologize

I upgraded to an SSD
Installed windows and some drivers, then reconnected my HDD to format but my pc booted from the HDD and not the SSD.
Sata is in AHCI, HDD was disconnected during windows install on SSD

Long story short; I formatted the HDD and I am booting from SSD, changed bios boot order to do this.
Bios boot order:CD drive
SSD
HDD
Windows boot priority (in brackets it has my HDD model)

I cant help but think somethings not right? because why should my bios display Windows boot priority and have my HDD as the default boot drive? Before I changed the order, the windows boot priority would always be first in boot order.

If it helps, I have included a SS of computer managment

Thanks in advanced

A:Bios showing HDD in windows bot priority and not SSD?

Hello kazuya2015. Welcome to the forum.

Everything looks normal in your screenshot. The one thing that stands out is that on the 1TB drive you have initialized that disk GPT (based upon the presence of the EFI System Partition).
If the SSD was initialized MBR (looks like it) then that may explain the problem.

Systems that support UEFI require that in systems with mixed format disks that the boot partition must reside on a GPT disk. Other hard disks for data can be either MBR or GPT.
So it is possible (I'm assuming the Z87X has UEFI BIOS) that the system is defaulting to the GPT disk by design.

The solution would be to wipe the SSD and then initialize it GPT (requiring a reinstall on Windows and Programs), or wiping and reinitializing the spinner as MBR (backing up data and replacing it afterward).

If you have or can borrow a data drive that is already a MBR drive you could switch it for the 1TB to test this before doing all the work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369806-bios-showing-hdd-windows-bot-priority-not-ssd.html
Relevancy 58.05%

So after I did change to SATA AHCI mode in the BIOS, the main boot hard drive shows as a removable device in system tray. So how do I fix this issue, and I did follow the instructions in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 922976, and is found right here; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

A:after change to SATA AHCI mode in BIOS, the main boot hard drive shows as removable

There is nothing to fix, SATA drives are hot pluggable so that is all perfectly normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-change-to-sata-ahci-mode-in-bios-the-main-boot-hard-drive-shows-as-removable.1035439/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have an issue with the SATA BIOS settings which have options for configure as IDE or set it to as AHCI So now I can only boot Vista when it is set to AHCI and only boot the XP when the BIOS SATA is set to configure as IDE and if not it gives a stop code error B And I did search for a ASUS P QL Pro motherboard BIOS update and I have the lattest version apparently AHCI BIOS Vista motherboard only can settings ASUS Solved: boot Also I did look in each one s Device Manager to check for driver updates such as for the serial ATA controllers So how can I boot both without changing the BIOS setting each time I dual boot with the Vista boot Solved: ASUS motherboard BIOS AHCI settings can only boot Vista manager and in my motherboard manual it does say quot Due to Intel chipset driver support regulation the AHCI mode is not supported in Windows XP environment and is only supported by Vista with OS built Solved: ASUS motherboard BIOS AHCI settings can only boot Vista in driver If I try to boot either XP or Vista without changing the SATA BIOS settings it gives stop code B nbsp

A:Solved: ASUS motherboard BIOS AHCI settings can only boot Vista

Fixed by changing the BIOS SATA configuration settings from that AHCI to IDE, enhanced. And then reinstalled Vista so that both XP and Vista use that same BIOS setting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-asus-motherboard-bios-ahci-settings-can-only-boot-vista.824113/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have just updated Win7 to Win10. I have 3 HDDs 2 have XP one has theWin10. I am unable to boot to either of the drives with Xp on them.Win 10 seems to ignore the boot order in the bios. It keeps booting to Win10 only. My Mobo is Asus P5QL-E.Any ideas as to what I can do?message edited by Anteron

A:Windows 10 is overriding Asus BIOS dual boot order settings

Well, first step would be to make sure Win 10's fast boot's disabled. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-10-is-overriding-asus-bios-dual-boot-order-settings/97.html
Relevancy 57.19%

After reading through lots and Priority SSD Boot for & New drive Device boot Boot as Control lots of posts and tutorials Boot Priority & Boot Device Control for New SSD as boot drive I'm still a little confused I worked for a carpenter Boot Priority & Boot Device Control for New SSD as boot drive one summer when I was a kid and he stressed the philosophy of measuring twice and cutting once as a rule to live by So before I fire up my saw Boot Priority & Boot Device Control for New SSD as boot drive I thought I would seek a little clarification I expect to get my new GB Intel SSD delivered today and here's what I would like to do First here's my system Info ASUS P Z -V Pro Thunderbolt with i non-K and x GB Trident X Series RAM GB Intel SSD GB WD HDD SW DVD Okay I had Windows Home Premium installed on the HDD but in anticipation of using the new SSD as the boot drive I cleaned it with Diskpart gt clean all Now I would like to do a fresh install on the SSD from the DVD drive and use the following xml from Keri that I now have on a USB to move the User and program data to the HDD Quote lt xml version quot quot encoding quot utf- quot gt lt unattend xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com unattend quot gt lt settings pass quot oobeSystem quot gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup quot processorArchitecture quot amd quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt FolderLocations gt lt ProfilesDirectory gt d Users lt ProfilesDirectory gt lt ProgramData gt d ProgramData lt ProgramData gt lt FolderLocations gt lt component gt lt settings gt lt cpi offlineImage cpi source quot wim E sources install wim Windows HOMEPREMIUM quot xmlns cpi quot urn schemas-microsoft-com cpi quot gt lt unattend gt For one thing I want to make sure that I do not need to change any of that xml i e cpi source or my boot order in the BIOS DVD gt SSD gt HDD prior to installing to the SSD Also in the Compatibility Support Module of my BIOS should I have Boot Device Control set to quot UEFI and Legacy OpROM quot or to quot UEFI only quot or will it make any difference I apologize if this all seems unclear trivial or obvious to everyone else but I really don't know what I'm doing and all the tutorials refer to other tutorials which refer to still other tutorials and it has become so convoluted that it's difficult for me to to have confidence that I am following it correctly I'm an old grandpa and a recovering geek I minored in computer science in the early 's but haven't really been keeping up for the last years Any help and or advice other than quot see tutorials x y and z quot would be greatly appreciated

A:Boot Priority & Boot Device Control for New SSD as boot drive

We link to tutorials so you'll have illustrated steps for a specific suggestions. It's one of the main reasons we are the top tech forum on the web.

I would not move User folders as we've had feedback indicating unintended consequences. Much easier to copy your User folders to the HD data partition, rightclick each to add to the related Library - Include a Folder - Windows 7 Forums. Keep the emptied C user folder in Library so you can see if anything lands there and drag it over to data drive in same window.

Install most-used programs to C, if space gets too tight uninstall and reinstall lesser used programs to data drive.

To save space you can set paging file to 2gb: Change Virtual Memory Paging File.
If you don't rely on it you can turn off Hibernate in Power Options, though it is perfected in Win7. These are trade-offs that must be decided with a small SSD.

Here are customized install steps for you:

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Check for a BIOS update. If none boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. Next if an EFI BIOS, enable Legacy BIOS, set DVD drive first to boot, SSD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target SSD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt. We are creating the partition here to mark it Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273388-boot-priority-boot-device-control-new-ssd-boot-drive.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I have dual boot in my laptop with Ubuntnu LTS Boot: 0xc000000f Win7: failed Manager boot Boot Dual Status: selection and Windows Home Premium bit Today after working on Ubuntu I restarted and switched to Windows and as soon as it logged in I noticed the battery was I thought maybe it was some kind of glitch or something silly me so I just pulled the power supply and the Dual Boot: Win7: Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed laptop abruptly turned off My laptop battery is completely dead now won't charge at all and after that incident when I tried to log back into Windows it showed this error Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc f Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible I don't have an installation disc I tried pressing F and none of the options there helped Ubuntu still works totally fine though So I'm guessing it is not some hard drive crash and my data are fine in Windows but I just can't boot into it Please Help

A:Dual Boot: Win7: Boot Manager Status: 0xc000000f boot selection failed

Are you using GRUB2 as bootmanager and is windows one of the options? Or do you start ubuntu from the win7 boot menu?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349755-dual-boot-win7-boot-manager-status-0xc000000f-boot-selection-failed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I have the FBI Ransomware Ukash virus on my system and trying to run the BitDefender removal tool. I have gone into Advanced boot options and selected Startup Settings and restart. The menu appears listing all the startup options and I need to select 5 (F5) Safe Mode with Networking. The system does not respond to the USB keyboard at all and eventually reboots into Windows normally where the virus captures the display.

Is there any other way to boot to Safe Mode with Networking? Why does the system not respond to the keyboard?
Shift F8 on boot does not work.

Thanks

A:F5 selection in Startup Settings W8.1 not resonding

Check this article. Do not be locked in with BitDefender. Also, try F12.

Remove any Police Ukash,MoneyPak or PaySafecard virus

This page is a comprehensive guide, which will remove the Police Ukash or Moneypak infection from your your computer. Please perform all the steps in the correct order. If you have any questions or doubt at any point STOP and ask for our assistance.
The Police Ukash or Moneypak will start automatically when you login to your computer and display its screenlocker so that you are unable to access your computer, therefore we will need to remove this infection by using any of the below methods:
OPTION 1: Remove Police Ukash or Moneypak lock screen virus with System Restore
OPTION 2: Remove Police Ukash or Moneypak virus with with HitmanPro Kickstart
OPTION 3: Remove Police Ukash or Moneypak virus with Kaspersky Rescue Disk

3 Easy Ways to Remove any Police Ukash or MoneyPak virus

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/58081-f5-selection-startup-settings-w8-1-not-resonding.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I am having problems with direct booting into Windows installed into a VHDX file Possible After Black Fixing Screen Boot From Menu Manager][SOLVED] Only F12 UEFI Booting POST. [Boot Boot Issues: BIOS BIOS This is a four-partition UEFI boot on a GPT drive EFI files are residing on a second partition of disk the ESP partition [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu in the EFI [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu folder The boot virtual nbsp disk is residing on the fourth partition of that disk When I turn on the PC it shows black screen after the BIOS POST screen No Windows boot menu no other information is displayed However if I press Shift F or F to start Dell BIOS Boot Menu and choose Windows Boot Manager from the UEFI part of the boot menu Windows starts to boot without difficulties How do I make Windows to boot automatically without having to select Windows Boot Manager in DELL BIOS boot menu I believe I messed up with boot sector somehow What needs to be fixed provided that Windows will boot into VHDX file Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c77735a-be10-4e1e-a4c1-568917f4a54f/boot-managersolved-fixing-uefi-boot-issues-black-screen-after-bios-post-booting-only-possible?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi:

I have a problem with Word 2007. The "Typing Replaces Selected Text" option IS checked under Word Options but suddenly I can't make it work. I select text and then try to write over it and nothing happens. Eventually, by hammering at the computer 2 or 3 times, I can get it to accept text but really all it wants me to do is delete the selection.

Will be very grateful for some help on this as I'm on deadline and this is slowing me down.

Many thanks,
Jane

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6019 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7730M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 715301 MB, Free - 665976 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0HDRR5
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-word-2007-wont-write-over-selection-even-with-proper-settings.1123857/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I am having a problem where programs on my XP box that I am quite certain SHOULD be starting as a normal base priority are starting as high I found a post from August of that describes the issue perfectly but no one responded Any ideas why this would be happening Even stuff like notepad starts as a high priority Almost all programs do but some do not For example when I open WinAmp it starts as a normal priority -Bill http forums techguy org showthread php t amp referrerid Programs starting in high priority should priority priority in normal start starting should high Programs start normal priority I just noticed this yesterday and I believe it is what has been giving me computer problems for the past few days Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority So what Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority I ve spotted is in Task Manger that about regularly running programs that normally start in Normal priority are now starting in High priority I m running Windows XP Pro I ve rebooted check the msconfig to see if anything looks out of place I ve ran ad-aware spybot search and destroy and did some registry cleanup with Glary Utitlities Nothing has fixed this issue My computer has been sluggish and had a few problems with IE just freezing the computer up when it was working on something Other programs have done this too at different times resulting in my only choice to restart the computer or try waiting out the issue and force quit the offending program As an aside I don t regularly use IE I use Firefox or Google Chrome but jump into IE for specific websites that require it I haven t installed anything that is sketchy or should have changed this start up behavior Any idea on how these programs are starting in high priority and what I can do about it I just loaded HijackThis on the system and it started in High priority Maybe I m just off my rocker but I could swear these programs were starting in Normal priority Here is a quick list of running processes that are in high priority ekrn exe svchost exe mozystat exe StarWindServiceAE exe csrss exe winlogon exe services exe PDVDServ exe svchost exe FeedStation exe OpenDNS Updater exe winvnc exe iPodService exe APAgent exe CCC exe GoogleCalendarSync exe SetPoint exe cfp exe ItunesHelper exe vmware-auth exe jusched exe egui exe hqtray exe hamachi exe OneNoteM exe PTSync exe ctfmon exe robotaskbaricon exe winvnc exe firefox exe notepad exe Outlook exe taskmgr exe Those are the current ones at high priority I m positive some if not almost all of those are suppose to be at Normal priority I can go through by hand and set most of them down to normal priority That takes a lot of time though and isn t the solution I m hoping for Here is the Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciServiceHost exe C Program Files MozyHome mozybackup exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files VMware... Read more

Relevancy 54.61%

I just noticed this yesterday and I starting priority priority normal in start Programs should high believe it is what has been giving me computer problems for the past few days So what I ve spotted is in Task Manger that about regularly running programs that normally start in Normal Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority priority are now starting in High priority I m running Windows XP Pro I ve rebooted check the msconfig to see if anything looks Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority out of place I ve ran ad-aware spybot search and destroy and did some registry cleanup with Glary Utitlities Nothing has fixed this issue My computer has been sluggish Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority and had a few problems with IE just freezing the computer up when it was working on something Other programs have done this too at different times resulting in my only choice to restart the computer or try waiting out the issue and force quit the offending program As an aside I don t regularly use IE I use Firefox or Google Chrome but jump into IE for specific websites that require it I haven t installed anything that is sketchy or should have changed this start up behavior Any idea on how these programs are starting in high priority and what I can do about it I just loaded HijackThis on the system and it started in High priority Maybe I m just off my rocker but I could swear these programs were starting in Normal priority Here is a quick list of running processes that are in high priority ekrn exe svchost exe mozystat exe StarWindServiceAE exe csrss exe winlogon exe services exe PDVDServ exe svchost exe FeedStation exe OpenDNS Updater exe winvnc exe iPodService exe APAgent exe CCC exe GoogleCalendarSync exe SetPoint exe cfp exe ItunesHelper exe vmware-auth exe jusched exe egui exe hqtray exe hamachi exe OneNoteM exe PTSync exe ctfmon exe robotaskbaricon exe winvnc exe firefox exe notepad exe Outlook exe taskmgr exe Those are the current ones at high priority I m positive some if not almost all of those are suppose to be at Normal priority I can go through by hand and set most of them down to normal priority That takes a lot of time though and isn t the solution I m hoping for Here is the Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Motive McciServiceHost exe C Program Files MozyHome mozybackup exe C Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exe C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player vmware-authd exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files UltraVNC WinVNC exe C Program Files OpenDNS Updater OpenDNS Updater exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files CyberLink ... Read more

A:Programs starting in high priority should start normal priority

I've started using Process Lasso to push the programs into the correct priority level. Still trying to figure out why Windows XP is doing this. Any suggestions or ideas on where to look?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-starting-in-high-priority-should-start-normal-priority.857175/
Relevancy 54.18%

I had a pc with SATA-1 drive installed windows7 64 bit, it was working fine untill I decided to attache the another hard drive SATA-3 with server 2003 loaded on it.
I wanted to copy some data from SATA-3 and then wipe it off and use as additional storage, But the PC stop booting from windows7 drive and started server 2003.

I went in bios to change the boot option but the SATA-1 windows7 drive is not listed?
On startup I get message;

Serial ATA AHCI BIOS- version iSrc 1.02 04192006
Controller not set for operating in AHCI mode, AHCI BIOS not installed

I had updated the BIOS to lateds 1.4 version and it does show it during memory check.
Do I need to install th AHCI ?
Would I need to install the windows 7 right from scratch?

Please guide.
Thanx

A:SATA-1 & SATA3 Bios doesn't see SATA-1

There is an option in bios Sata Type/Sata controller mode. If it's set to IDE switch it to AHCI.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/294315-sata-1-sata3-bios-doesnt-see-sata-1-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently posted a reply in a Day Old thread with people who had success using mismatched to their model BIOS firmware to gain access to the windows compatibility features specifically X553 Laptop 205 OS no in BIOS ASUS Selection quot OS Selection gt Windows quot I'm posting here as well because I figure this will ASUS X553 Laptop no OS Selection in BIOS 205 reach the grand audience and the users from the older post may get the email notification and have direct information I don't usually post in old threads but I've scoured the internet and tried many times installing with no success I've downgraded windows MANY times before actually EVERY time and never ran into a situation where would not load This is the first machine with windows out-of-the-box and it seems they are removing legacy supports for windows Anyway here is the post I've noticed you all having success installing the firmware on your machines I have a Machine and I'm not even able to see the firmware when I'm in the Easy Flash utility I've got an Asus X SA and there is NO quot OS Selection quot in the bios I was able to install Windows from a known-good ASUS X553 Laptop no OS Selection in BIOS 205 DVD after disabling secure boot enabling CSM and cleaning the drive in diskpart Unfortunately it does the usual quot Loading Windows gt Bluescreen gt LOOP quot In quot safe-mode quot the last driver to load is disk sys I've tried every BIOS firmware version on the asus driver support section of this mode's page I'm ASUS X553 Laptop no OS Selection in BIOS 205 currently running BIOS version which is the latest offered on the support page If ANYONE has WINDOWS ULTIMATE running on their X SA PLEASE let me know how you've done it Thank you so much in advance Rocco

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/392687-asus-x553-laptop-no-os-selection-bios-205-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Boot priority not working. Shows CD-ROM as 1st boot preference in Setup but always boots to hard drive. Have switched sequences to try all possibilities. Floppy boots but not CD-ROM. Tried several Win XP OS discs. None work. Afraid to format HD and try clean install.

Any suggestions. Thanks much

My Office

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi

Quite often when I boot up, I get the following error message:

"Warning: The boot devices have been changed.
BBS boot priority will be affected. Please enter setup to check.

Press F1 to continue. Del to enter setup."

F1 seems to boot, no issues. Haven't changed my boot order or devices.

Friend suggested it could be the battery on the BIOS MB and try chaging that as it's easy first step solution - any thoughts?

A:BBS Boot Priority

First step would be to go into setup (hit DEL instead of F1), then "save changes" and reboot. If your PC isn't losing time or other settings, then it's probably not the battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bbs-boot-priority.640152/
Relevancy 53.32%

My daughter's laptop(acer aspire) has the above error message. we have no installation disc but do have the product key. I created an installation disc from my laptop but it have my product key. A tried to get it to use this cd as the install cd but it appears not to be working, What should I do?

A:windows 7 boot manager error 0xc000000e boot selection failed because

Just follow this tutorial. Make sure you first save the user data - e.g. with a live Linux CD. If you need help with that, post back.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/350421-windows-7-boot-manager-error-0xc000000e-boot-selection-failed-because.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there I've recently built a new rig and I've had continuous problems trying to boot I have two HDDs and one SDD It seems when the two HDDs are plugged in i can sometimes boot ok and most times i get Quote Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause Status xc e Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible Or Please select a boot device or something to the affect I've updated to the latest bios on Boot boot is selection required device fail: Windows a because failed my new mobo Gigabyte z x SOC Force and ive done a fresh install of windows several times on the SDD I also ran crystal disk to check health on the SDD and it came back healthy It seems mostly my boot problems are linked to plugging in the two other HDDs though I've Windows boot fail: Boot selection failed because a required device is no idea why this would be and how to fix Windows boot fail: Boot selection failed because a required device is it Is it a motherboard problem or a HDD problem Any help greatly appreciated

A:Windows boot fail: Boot selection failed because a required device is

Hi

Please post a screenshot of "Disk Management" as per this guide - Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

( Make sure all disks are plugged ).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/337677-windows-boot-fail-boot-selection-failed-because-required-device.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have a Windows Home Premium bit Yesterday I accidentally 'killed' csrss exe Then after a bluescreen my computer restarted and I got the following message Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next 0xc000000f, Boot Windows selection boot Status Manager failed. 7: quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc f Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible Windows 7: Boot Manager Status 0xc000000f, boot selection failed. So I tried that but when I clicked quot Repair your computer quot I got another error message System Recovery Options This version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to repair Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows Then I opened a command promt by pressing Shift F and typed 'chkdsk r f d ' all the other ones were ok and got The type of this file system is NTFS Corrupt master file table Windows will attempt to recover master file table from disk Windows cannot recover master file table CHKDSK aborted Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status Bootrec FixMbr and Bootrec FixBoot didn't do anything either After that I rebooted to a gParted live CD and got a Warning ntfs mst post read fixup warn magic x size usa ofs usa count Invalid argument Record has no FILE Magic x Failed to load MFT Input output error Failed to mount ' dev sda ' Input output error NTFS is inconsistent Run chkdsk f on Windows then reboot it TWICE The usage of the f parameter is very IMPORTANT No modification was made to NTFS by this software Unable to read the contents of this file system Because of this some operations may be unavailable The cause might be a missing software package The following list of software packages is required for ntfs file system support ntfsprogs ntfs- g After I unsuccessfully tried chkdsk f again I rebooted to some random Linux Mint Live CD There I tried gParted again - with pretty much the same result - and then installed testdisk sudo apt-get install testdisk started it and selected Append - quot Disk dev sda - GB GiB - ST DM - YN quot - EFI GTP - Advanced - quot P MS Data quot - List where I got Can't open filesystem Filesystem seems damaged Rebuild BS Repair MFT under Boot didn't fix it either That's not all I did but I don't remeber everything So can I fix this somehow or at least get some of my files back

A:Windows 7: Boot Manager Status 0xc000000f, boot selection failed.

Well; one thing; did you remember to backup anything that you know you is important? Because If not you may be out of luck as it sound like some good sized corruption happened. Which leads me to think that the only way to fix this may be a complete clean install of windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320355-windows-7-boot-manager-status-0xc000000f-boot-selection-failed.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Freaking out!!! I purchased a laptop from ebay and am getting the following message when turning it on: CD-ROM BOOT PRIORITY...NO MEDIUM
REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE
OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS A KEY

I have no idea what to do...I read a thread similiar to this, however do not understand how to do what it said to do due to the fact that I cannot get past this screen. Please help me! Dawn

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, dear 7Forums.

I'm pretty sure this question has been answered before, but I'm too lazy to find it
Any-who, I've separated my hard drive in 2, one of them has XP and the other one has 7. Whenever I boot, this screen pops up and lets me choose whether I want to start Windows 7 or "Earlier version of Windows" (which is obviously XP). Now that I'm totally sure that Windows 7 rules, I want to start it right away. So tell me, how do I configure boot priority from Windows 7?

A:Windows 7 Boot Priority

Right-click on 'Computer', select 'Properties'.

Look for 'Advanced Settings' in the left pane then go to the 'Advanced' tab. 'Startup and Recovery' is at the bottom, select 'Settings'.

You can configure how Windows boots from there.

Also, you might want to look at the following for additional, advanced options.

Start>Run type 'msconfig' and go to the 'Boot' tab. Configure it how you like from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/12929-windows-7-boot-priority.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Well, I'm trying to boot Ubuntu Live CD upon startup, but Windows Vista loads, not the CD. i was told to change Boot Priority to CD from BIOS, but I don't see a Boot Priority line. Any advice?

A:How do you change Boot Priority to CD?

When you first turn on your computer, you should see something like press F1 to enter setup or another key combination. Press it to go into Bios setup. Inside you will see a menu for boot options. Change the list to have CD-ROM first, then Hard Drive. You will see what I mean when you go into the Bios screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-change-boot-priority-to-cd.678470/
Relevancy 53.32%

The thread title basically sums it up I am having this message pop up on boot also with a black screen. I am not very tech savvy so bear with me. I have also Googled my problem but have not found a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:CD-ROM Boot Priority No Medium

If I'm understanding you correctly, when you try to boot, your computer tells you that there is no CD to boot from?

If this is the case, you need to go into your BIOS and change a setting. To access your BIOS, when you first boot up your computer, a message somewhere on screen will say "Press [key] to enter setup" or something similar. Often times, it's the delete key.

Once you do this, a blue screen will come up that you can navigate around. This is your BIOS. Since BIOS menus vary from motherboard to motherboard, you'll have to do a bit of searching on your end, but you're looking for a a setting that refers to "Boot Priority" or "Boot Sequence." When you find this, you need to move your primary hard drive to the top of the list. Save your changes and exit, whereupon your computer will automatically reboot. Your hard drive will now be the first thing your computer tries to boot from. Please note, if you ever need to boot from a CD or DVD in the future (your Vista installation disc, for example), you will need to go back and change this setting. Hope this helps, let us know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cd-rom-boot-priority-no-medium-435687.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Need assistance so I can get Hard Drive recognized and PC started...

CD-ROM Boot Priority ..No Medium
Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Went to startup my computer and got this message ?

1. Went into BIOS and it lists the DVD-RW but no Hard Drive

2. Went inside and checked all connections ? still the same.

3. Connected another Hard Drive - same message; BIOS does not see a Hard Drive.

GATEWAY FX6800-01E - Vista 64

A:CD-ROM Boot Priority ..No Medium

Hi check your cables and connections to your hdd again also check if it is the sata port ie try another

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cd-rom-boot-priority-no-medium-489385.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My computer came with a restoration CD. After using it (because of hardware problems) my HDD got formatted and all factory applications were restored. How when my PC boots (before windows is loaded) it gives me a choice between my Windows XP Media Center and Windows XP Configurator or something like that. The only problem is that by default Windows XP configurator is selected and i have bout 3 seconds to change it, otherwise I have to poweroff and poweron my computer. If windows xp configurator is selected for some reason my computer just shows a black screen with a blinking white underscore on top left corner. Can you please help me make Windows XP Media Center my default operating system so I don't have to power on and off every time I am not fast enough to switch it at boot?

A:Windows Boot Priority help please

Never experienced this exact problem, but it should be in your boot.ini file.

Click Start>run
Type in msconfig >ok
In msconfig, click on the boot.ini tab
On the rite side is a timeout box- change it to thirty to increase the time you have to select your choice.

The “Windows XP configurator” is probably an invalid path. If you click the “Check all boot paths” box, the erroneous entry should be deleted and you’ll start booting directly into XP.

Please post back with results.

bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-boot-priority-help-please-93966.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a new PC running the Asus P P D-E motherboard into which I have put a Crucial C GB SSD as the boot OS apps drive The SSD is connected to one of the SATA GB ports on the priority device Boot mobo and is running using the Windows native drivers rather than Boot device priority Marvell storage controller drivers All is well and the PC boots and runs fine However when I connect additional HDDs to the SATA ports the Boot device priority system refuses to boot Checking the BIOS reveals that as soon as additional HDDs are connected the 'boot device priority' gets changed from the previous set-up of DVD Drive SDD Removable Device to DVD Drive st HDD Removable Device In other words the SSD is removed from the boot device priority list rendering the machine useless The BIOS doesn't allow me the option to configure it back again the SSD isn't shown as an option Is there an issue with such a configuration or a way around this so as to make sure that the boot device list remains unaltered when additional HDDs are connected I need to use the SATA port to maximise the C s read speeds so don't want to have to concede it to a SATA port just to get the system running All SATA devices are set to AHCI mode the Marvell Controller is set as enabled and the SATA port is enabled at GB s Any ideas on what's going on

A:Boot device priority

Reset the BIOS to boot to the SSD when the other drives are connected. It should then remain that way.

Are these other drives removable (eSATA)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/118094-boot-device-priority.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys, whenever I reboot my PC I get this warning showing up while the screen is still black,

Warning: The boot devices have been changed
BBS boot prioirty will be affected. Please enter set up to check.
Now I'm sure i haven't done anything to alter the boot sequence. So what do i do to stop the start-up stopping at that point all the time?

Cheers

PP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bbs-boot-priority-warning.279766/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

Out of random, Ive been getting this message every time i boot my computer:

Warning: The boot devices have been changed.
BBS boot priority will be affected. Please enter setup to check.

Press F1 to continue. Del to enter setup.

Its been occuring for about a week. Everytime i enter setup and save my bios settings itll boot fine until I restart.

anyone know how to fix?

Oh yeah, I googled it, but the answers were not to be found.

Relevancy 53.32%

Main SSD has W7 on it. I have a 2nd HDD 1TB partitioned with W10 trial and the rest of that is taken up by data storage. Problem now is at boot-up the the W10 is over-riding my main O/S W7. I don`t see the blue screen where I can select between the 2 HDD/ O/S. It was working but this also happened on my 2nd PC where the the same thing happened . So I have resorted the disconnecting my 2nd HDD until I can find a solution. Advice please and thanks.

A:Boot priority problem with W7 & W10

This is one useful "how to set up dual boot with win7 and 10... It may help you resolve what ails your setup; possibly point to how to change the obvious win-10 default boot?http://www.howtogeek.com/197647/how...This is specific to accessing the win-10 boot-manger etc...; and thus possibly change the default, and/or allow you see the options at boot up and thus select whichever OS?http://www.howtogeek.com/126016/thr...And this M$ article may actually describe your situation - and how to fix...:http://tinyurl.com/ntmskv8and this one from another angle...http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/boot-priority-problem-with-w7-w10/44.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My computer started this message( cd rom boot priority No medium), I talked to a few people and they said to replace my hard drive so I did. It says the same thing. When I go into the bios the 1st boot device is my hdd but over too the left it says (A device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu.) I dont under stand that. When I put the utility disk in and start my computer it says (CD-ROM boot priority ..Boot ready Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key) I've try'd everthing I can think of. Can any one help me please. My computer is a gate way fx 6800 the new hard drive is a seagate barracuda xt 2tb 64 mb cache 7200 rpm.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-boot-priority-no-medium.983001/
Relevancy 53.32%

My brand new pc flashes this message when starting up,before starting up ok, it didn't do it for the first day, but now it does it every time, I had some incompatable drivers installed and have now deleted and uninstalled them. I have tried a system restore to very early in the pc's life, to no avail.My computer is a Packard Bell imedd2317 e220 (pentium dual core) running windows vista basic.It seems to want to boot from the dvd drive ( I think)but starts ok after a second or two, please help me get my computer starting up perfectly again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cd-rom-boot-priority-no-medium-368890.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Ok hey all new here and wondered if the good folks here itself... boot HD priority keeps swapping could possibly offer me any advice on the issue I am having I currently have Windows Home premium bit installed on my SSD but I HD boot priority keeps swapping itself... also run a TB Westernd digital HD to store things on Every now and then probably once a week I get the old bootmgr is missing error I know how to fix it using the install cd but what I have discovered is that the error is caused atleast I think so by the hard disk boot priority switching around Instead of the SSD with the OS being the first boot it has switched and now the WDC HD is the first boot Because there is no OS installed on the WDC HD it throws up the bootmgr is missing error All I then do is swicth them back so the SSD is the first boot save restart and it boots fine My question is why would it be switching them both around every now and then I don't swap any hardware or update software out before it happens it just seems to be a totally random thing Any advice help would be greatly appreciated as it is starting to p ss the wife off as it is primarily a work system used for her photography Thanks in advance Mark

A:HD boot priority keeps swapping itself...

Oh, thought I might include some info from the setup screens for the boot priority etc.
SCSI-0 is the SSD with the OS on it
SATA 3 is the WDC HD without the OS on it.

The above two is where the switching happens.
First boot is the hard disk
Second boot is the Pioneer DVD
Third boot is removable
Boot from other device is enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210675-hd-boot-priority-keeps-swapping-itself.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Greetings Everyone,First time posting here.

Recently i tried swapping from IDE to AHCI without doing a clean windows installation using a guide found here.My system hangs at Loading operating system.Anyway that is not my problem
I reverted to IDE from the bios but my problem is that unless i set USB-CDrom as a the primary Boot device and have my Win7 cd inside,windows won't load and i am stuck again at Loading Operating system ..
Not much of a problem but the usb cd drive is abit noisy and anyway i don't think it is normal to be unable to boot otherwise.

A:Boot Priority Problem ( ? )

I presume you modified the registry keys to try and use AHCI did you change them back once reverting to IDE boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349370-boot-priority-problem.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I have a windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. And when i start the system i get the following message.

Boot Manager:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3.Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I searched the forums. But unfortunately i don have the installation disc.
Is there any other way to get through this.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/boot-manager-status-0xc000000f-boot-selection-failed-639489.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I have a windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. And when i start the system i get the following message.

Boot Manager:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3.Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I searched the forums. But unfortunately i don have the installation disc.
Is there any other way to get through this.
Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

A:Boot Manager Status 0xc000000f, boot selection failed.

You can use a repair disc. To get a repair disc, find someone with Windows 7 32 bit and Create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc — MAXIMUMpcguides – Windows 7 tips, tricks, help, and how-to guides.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209281-boot-manager-status-0xc000000f-boot-selection-failed.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I keep getting this message at startup which is strange as my computer was fine I was using my computer all day today and then I turned it off and when I turned it back on later I immediately got this message Boot Manager Windows failed 0xc000000f, Boot Status failed. Manager selection boot to start A recent hardware of software change might be the cause To fix Boot Manager Status 0xc000000f, boot selection failed. the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc f Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible I don't have an windows installation disc or USB and I don't have a DVD-ROM I tried some advice on other threads involving shift F or pressing F by itself and nothing happened I only have press delete for setup and F I also noticed that a fan that was previously turning on and working fine before is no longer working I'm Boot Manager Status 0xc000000f, boot selection failed. not sure if this is related to what I'm currently experiencing or not

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/381180-boot-manager-status-0xc000000f-boot-selection-failed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

why we have current priority is always greater than base priority in windows2000

Relevancy 52.89%

i turn on my computer and it says..CD-ROM BOOT PRIORITY
no medium

A:i turn on my computer and it says..CD-ROM BOOT PRIORITY

Hello Ginger08 & welcome to TSF

When you try to boot, your computer tells you that there is no CD to boot from?
If this is the case, you need to go into your BIOS. Once you do this, a blue screen will come. Navigate around until you find 'Boot Sequence' or 'Boot Priority' .When you find this, you need to move your primary hard drive to the top of the list. Save your changes and exit, where upon your computer will automatically reboot. Your hard drive will now be the first thing your computer tries to boot from.

Please post back with the outcome.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-turn-on-my-computer-and-it-says-cd-rom-boot-priority-662640.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have done some research on this problem and there doesn't seem to be a fix. I am hoping that you can help on this one.
There was a virus on one of the computers that I worked on. I just did a system restore and then it was working fine for about half the day.
Then the virus basically turned off the machine. When the employee tried to turn on the machine she got the error above.
I went into BIOS and then changed the boot up priority to HDD as the primary boot.
That didn't work. It just makes a weird noise and also doesn't enter windows. Just a blinking cursor on the top of the screen.
Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-boot-priority-no-medium-virus.1013338/
Relevancy 52.89%

This is a six month old Aspire Es - -C XR nbsp Manu date first ten of serial NXMYGEF nbsp This is the model with only a Gb EMMC which is apparently a flash drive style memory intergrated on the motherboard it's running on nbsp According to the owner this has been happening since new nbsp list boot priority Aspire ES1-131 changes When the laptop has been left for a while it boots fine in the BIOS - Insydeh v - it shows boot priority order as nbsp nbsp in the information screen the EMMC is seen nbsp Excuse Paint skilzzzz nbsp But then sometimes it decides not to boot the BIOS info screen cant see the EMMC and the boor order is all wrong nbsp nbsp nbsp The first thing I did was update from BIOS to the latest available - no change nbsp This would normally be treated as a hardware failure but the fact it's not consistent makes me wonder Pressing the battery disconnect button underneath doesn't change anything The fact that the boot priority changes more than I would of thought for nopy seeing the EMMC from having to items The first time nbsp I saw it was when it had nbsp switched off into no EMMC no boot mode was during an update restart Speaking to the owner and from my own experience if you leave the laptop overnight next day it boots fine nbsp I am assuming trying to repair Aspire ES1-131 boot priority list changes or reinstall would a USB flash drive work on the USB HDD option windows or which I have a USB install for wouldn't Aspire ES1-131 boot priority list changes change the bios as in desktop PCs or in this little one nbsp does nbsp the BIOS system store or install nbsp differently not using a ROM chip nbsp Thank you for reading and in anticipation of any replies

A:Aspire ES1-131 boot priority list changes

Call Acer support service and have it serviced, this is an hardware failure.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-ES1-131-boot-priority-list-changes/td-p/445403
Relevancy 52.89%

I just finished building my new New boot priority first SSD and build: time Ivy Bridge system and it booted up fine The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z X-UD H I have installed a New build: first time SSD and boot priority Samsung SSD in SATA Port and a Samsung HDD is SATA Port In addition I have installed an Asus DVD drive The Bios recognizes all three drives in the System ATA - Port Information Serial ATA section of New build: first time SSD and boot priority the BIOS BUT in the Boot Options Priorities it recognizes only the Samsung as priority and the Asus DVD as Priority The Samsung hard drive is not listed If I am reading both the manual and other information correctly the Boot Option Priority section will only recognize the primary hard drive In this case it would be my SSD Am I correct and I can go ahead and load Windows or am I missing something Also I am assuming at this point that Windows will assign the SSD as the C drive Will I need to manually assign another letter for the hard drive Thanks nbsp

A:New build: first time SSD and boot priority

That is setting the boot priority for each type. You will need to set values for the specific boot types.

mb_manual_ga-z77x-ud3h_e.pdf

Hard Drive/CD/DVD ROM Drive/Floppy Drive/Network Device BBS Priorities

Specifies the boot order for a specific device type, such as hard drives, optical drives, floppy disk drives,
and devices that support Boot from LAN function, etc. Press <Enter> on this item to enter the submenu that
presents the devices of the same type that are connected. This item is present only if at least one device
for this type is installed.Click to expand...

If you look under the Hard Drive listing, you should see both HDD and SSD. Select which one you want to boot. The one you select should show in the priority list for booting to HDD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-first-time-ssd-and-boot-priority.181225/
Relevancy 52.89%

First Hi all new member Had my older rig smoke the motherboard so built myself a new rig new to Windows old rig was Vista everything went as planned I've built about rigs in the past couple years but I'm second Installing boot to priority a option. HD second for an OLD and many times confused man when it comes to programming and programs so please bare with me The built the new rig with a copy of Windows x Pro and installed on my SSD This is my first rig with an SSD Installing to a second HD for second priority boot option. AND mechanical HD's installed I would like to install onto one of the other mechanical drives so I can list that drive in the BIOS as my second option as a boot device just in case the SSD goes down My plan was to just unplug all other HD's and load the install disk and let it load onto the drive I designate Then after install reconnect all the drives boot to the BIOS and make that mechanical drive the second priority letting the BIOS boot from the SSD as first priority Is there anything I am not aware of or should know that wouldnt make this work I basically just want installed on one of the other drives as a back up boot OR is making a bootable USB a better option I dont know how to do that yet but I'm sure I can figure it out with some help hint hint

A:Installing to a second HD for second priority boot option.

If you clone the SSD to the hard drive it will immediately be out of date unless you create a separate data partition for your files on the hard drive by moving the User folders which you utilize to it: User Folders - Change Default Location

I would save a backup image to the hard drive, then if the SSD goes down you can reimage it or replace it and apply the image, or apply the image to the hard drive - i.e. gives you more options. Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/374676-installing-second-hd-second-priority-boot-option.html
Relevancy 52.89%

This is a six month old Aspire Es - -C XR nbsp Manu date first ten of serial NXMYGEF nbsp This is the model with only a Gb EMMC which is apparently a flash drive list changes boot Aspire ES1-131 priority style memory intergrated on the motherboard it's Aspire ES1-131 boot priority list changes running on nbsp According Aspire ES1-131 boot priority list changes to the owner this has been happening since new nbsp When the laptop has been left for a while it boots fine in the BIOS - Insydeh v - it shows boot priority order as nbsp nbsp in the information screen the EMMC is seen nbsp Excuse Paint skilzzzz nbsp But then sometimes it decides not to boot the BIOS info screen cant see the EMMC and the boor order is all wrong nbsp nbsp nbsp The first thing I did was update from BIOS to the latest available - no change nbsp This would normally be treated as a hardware failure but the fact it's not consistent makes me wonder Pressing the battery disconnect button underneath doesn't change anything The fact that the boot priority changes more than I would of thought for nopy seeing the EMMC from having to items The first time nbsp I saw it was when it had nbsp switched off into no EMMC no boot mode was during an update restart Speaking to the owner and from my own experience if you leave the laptop overnight next day it boots fine nbsp I am assuming trying to repair or reinstall would a USB flash drive work on the USB HDD option windows or which I have a USB install for wouldn't change the bios as in desktop PCs or in this little one nbsp does nbsp the BIOS system store or install nbsp differently not using a ROM chip nbsp Thank you for reading and in anticipation of any replies

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-ES1-131-boot-priority-list-changes/td-p/445403/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.89%

hello guys....I've been experiencing this problem for the last 2 to 3 days... when I power on from main switch it automatically starts without pressing the start button. After that it shows a screen which shows "press F4 to run setup" and when I press F4 it takes me to BIOS from where i have to change the boot device priority every time. Is it due to some virus on my system??... What is this... Iam confused.. any help from ur side would be appreciated.....Naveen*Edit:Email address removed.~ Queen-Evie*

A:boot device priority changes every time...

I'd start by replacing the battery on the motherboard.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455936/boot-device-priority-changes-every-time/
Relevancy 52.46%

Originally I had a small solid-state hard drive on this set up I added a non-solid-state hard drive later Recently my solid-state drive the C Dr became too full to upgrade certain software programs such as Dragon NaturallySpeaking I purchased a second solid-state hard drive I quot mirrored quot that second solid-state hard drive To make sure that Windows was operating appropriately I rebooted and drives hard cannot among boot change priority hit F I then showed the new solid-state hard drive Everything booted perfectly and the new solid-state hard drive was noted as the C Dr When I rebooted into bios to change the hard drive boot order so that the new second solid-state hard drive would be the first in the priority when I highlighted it and exited from it it still showed the original solid-state hard drive as the first hard drive I have never had this problem before I now have to go into F every time I boot into my computer and highlight the new solid-state hard drive Any thoughts Thanks so much Jim

A:cannot change boot priority among hard drives

Nice, you were very close. When you have highlighted it just press + on the keyboard and it will jump to the top!

Good luck! SG

edit: you can just call them HDD and SSD (solid state drive is not 'hard' XD)
what do you mean by C Dr?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/180516-cannot-change-boot-priority-among-hard-drives.html