Windows Support Forum

IBM system BIOS problem?

Q: IBM system BIOS problem?

Hello brothers .iam using p4 ibm system i have a problem when iam starting my computer when i start my system it shows a problem . Security kyboard is locked and when iam pressing f1 or f2 its not working and computer is hanging what to do plz help me iam very worry

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: IBM system BIOS problem?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: IBM system BIOS problem?

At what point is the computer stopping? During BIOS, after BIOS whilst loading Windows, or once Windows is loaded?

Please walk us through what happens after you press the power button.

Was the PC previously running fine, or is this a new computer you have just purchased? Also, can you recall anything you might have done immediately prior to this happening, if it was working previously?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ibm-system-bios-problem.178548/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have a brand new Win bit build with a clean install from an Upgrade CD and noticed in BIOS that my st boot device must be quot Windows Boot Manager quot or it asks for the CD problem Recovery Issue BIOS-WindowsBootManager-System Boot I only have storage device SSD in the system and when I look under Disk Management in windows it shows a MB quot Boot Issue BIOS-WindowsBootManager-System Recovery problem EFI System Partition quot in addition to the primary partition which is labeled quot Boot Crash Dump and Primary Partition quot - so it seems to have the boot files on it My components are Intel i K Gigabyte Z -DS H mainboard GB Crucial Ballistix Intel GB SSD LG BD optical drive GTX ti As I only have the one non-optical storage device I Boot Issue BIOS-WindowsBootManager-System Recovery problem did not set any partition parameters at install I Attempted to do a Startup Repair with the windows disc to maybe try and delete the EFI partition and got the quot System Recovery Options is incompatible with the version you are trying to repair quot error Not sure what that is If Disk Management shows a healthy partition with quot Boot quot listed as being contained why can I not select the SSD as boot device I can boot perfectly fine with the Windows Boot Manager listed as boot device and the SSD as however it's not ideal Thanks

A:Boot Issue BIOS-WindowsBootManager-System Recovery problem

I would reinstall to an MBR disk after removing EFI Boot Disk from BIOS Boot order.

Set DVD drive first to boot, boot into DVD Command Line to run Diskpart Clean Command followed by the command "Convert MBR" and "Exit".

Then install Win7 following these same steps for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

This will avoid problem with having a GPT formatted disk installed with EFI boot which is not needed except in the rarest cases.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/242124-boot-issue-bios-windowsbootmanager-system-recovery-problem.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have a similar problem, I have an Intel mother board - dg965wh and after installing windows xp - i see that error in scsi/raid host controller issue.

I've tried installing the storage matrix driver that comes with the mother borad disc, and the same driver from intel support site.

No luck...

problem still exist - I don't have raid/scsi on my system, but I don't like to leave it at that...

Any ideas?

thanks. Nitay

A:RAID/SCSI controller problem after BIOS update and re-imaging the system drive

Enter the BIOS at startup and check the controller's settings, the SATA/RAID contoller may be disabled there.

What's the message under device status when you double click the flagged device in the device manager ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/raid-scsi-controller-problem-after-bios-update-and-re-imaging-the-system-drive-332359.html
Relevancy 45.58%

The computer wont start.   After pressing "ON" one can hear a vibration sound, it turns on an orange LED.   Stays black for two  minutes; then screen does light to a dim night-blue color.     This is for a Split x2 13-g110dx (windows 10 64bit). Already tried:  hard reset and going to BIOS (Windows button + "B"). Also tried booting from  a USB drive.   It did not work (see screen below). Any suggestion(s) of how it can still be revived ("do it myself")? Thank you.                                       Screen message  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/System-BIOS-recovery-failed-Unable-to-open-BIOS-Signature/td-p/5776048
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all, this is my first time posting here so please forgive any mistakes/oversights. I've just updated my Samsung laptop's system BIOS via their software update program, and my Nvidia GPU (GT 650m DDR3) no longer seems to work. The Nvidia control panel is still there, and it still gives me the option to select which programs use the GPU, but there is no GPU actitivity showing up. Also,I've tried playing Skyrim (which auto-detects the PC's graphics cards) , and the game no longer seems to detect the Nvidia GPU (just the Intel integrated graphics).

My laptop model is NP550PC7, with 6 gig of ram, and an i7 quad core CPU, and the OS is Window 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I've tried looking in the BIOS but I can't seem to find anything related to the GPU or display options. Any help or avice is much appreciated.

A:Problems with Nvidia gpu post BIOS system BIOS update.

Hi,

Have you updated your GPU with the latest drivers?

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

Please navigate to:

Start> Control panel> Swith to icon view> device manager.
Look under "Display Adapters"

Is the Nvidia GPU listed there? If so are there any yellow symbols etc?

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/290427-problems-nvidia-gpu-post-bios-system-bios-update.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Dear all, I'm trying to automate the bios settings with the latest HP Bios Configuration Utility using SCCM 2012.When the task is rebooting the system, I get this message."The following configuration change has been requested"How do I automate to accept this up front? Kind regardsDries

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Bios-Configuration-Utility-Accept-the-BIOS-System/td-p/5782164
Relevancy 45.15%

I have ibm thinkpad R51 2887 nq2 series . My system has been crashed as it is not starting.The whole system gets hang after showing the first ibm screen. The bios utility setup is not getting opened through access ibm button . In safe mode it shows that system BIOS and video BIOS is not working and it has been shadowed.sometimes the system gets started ,but after one minute ,it stucks and the whole system paused and nothing happens.It may be the virus attack on BIOS and it also changes the time and date configuration of BIOS. so what should i do .And how i can install BIOS driver to the system.

A:Solved: system BIOS and video BIOS shadowed

Did you mark this "Solved"?

It sounds like you need a new CMOS battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-system-bios-and-video-bios-shadowed.741271/
Relevancy 45.15%

Got a bit of a problem with my housemates pc A friend gave bios. in System failing bios. freezes Occasionally before him some extra RAM i checked it out and it was crucial mb pc System failing before bios. Occasionally freezes in bios. CL and although it didn t match his exsisting RAM it seemed to me that his mobo would only run the FSB at mhz anyway so i went ahead and fitted it It worked fine I then noticed his system temp was running a little high - degrees so i took his heatsink off and cleaned the dust and refitted it with some new thermal compound I added too much and the temp went up To nearly degrees I shut it dwon as i didn t want the cpu to pop cleaned it off reapplied less compound and figured this would work fine Now we have the problem Most of the time Power on and nothing happens No bios no beeps Occasionally Power on i jump into the bios the temp looks fine - degrees and then it freezes right there in the bios after about seconds to a minute This sounds like a heat issue but the last temp reading before freeze is degrees I ve double and triple checked that the heatsink is on properly and thats fine I followed the official guide on how much compound to use a blob the size of an uncooked short grain of rice ----------------------- Here is the info on his system Abit SG- mobo Pentium ghz SL PM http processorfinder intel com Details aspx sSpec SL PM mb elixir DDR- hz-PC CL RAM Barracuda gb rpm HDD Windows Pro SP nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I m building a new system and of course it doesn t work I have tried all that I can from the new build guide on this site before posting this The parts I have are Intel i w stock Intel heatsink and Freezes guide after New tried Builds" System "Problem BIOS, have or during the fan ASRock x extreme ATX mobo MSI Radeon cyclone GB x GB Corsair DDR PC Watt Antec PSU My problem is this when I boot up the system and start to format my HDD to install windows I get a New System Freezes during or after BIOS, have tried the "Problem Builds" guide BSOD MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION x c error This error seems to be related to faulty hardware After this error my MOBO sometimes does not POST multiple times in a row It tries to restart the fans turn on but not the LEDs on the mobo and the fans turn off again This happens repeatedly until I shut it off by holding the power button and let it sit New System Freezes during or after BIOS, have tried the "Problem Builds" guide for a minute or two Sometimes when I let it sit at the BIOS screen it even freezes there So I decided to strip my system down to my CPU mobo RAM video card and PSU which are all listed above I m fairly certain my system is not overheating I have reapplied thermal paste multiple times and have watched the system freeze in BIOS with my CPU temperature reading C well within what people say their i s operate at I have also cleared my CMOS by removing the mobo battery and with the built in button on the board After some research I discovered my MOBO actually only supports DDR by default and everything else is an overclock setting I m not too happy that I didn t notice that when ordering it Thinking this might be the problem I have run memtest from a boot CD and a USB floppy in multiple configurations I have tried each stick of RAM individually with the RAM set in BIOS as and overclocked to Memtest does one of two things freezes or gives an quot unexpected interrupt - halting CPU quot error The system also is much more stable with one stick in either one as opposed to both sticks One stick has made it through a single pass of memtest while both sticks never last more than seconds So I am fairly certain I do not have bad RAM maybe just the wrong RAM A CPU burn-in stress test also worked for about min then gave a quot spurious APIC interrupt on CPU this should never happen quot error This problem is most easily solved by ordering some DDR online no stores near me carry it I checked and plugging it in however I have a slight problem The RMA deadline for newegg is fast approaching Jan th How likely is it that just putting in my system will solve my problem My friend has the exact same mobo and has no problem with is RAM Is it possible that I have a faulty mobo since it doesnt POST all the time and sometimes freezes in BIOS Could it be the processor Any help would be greatly appreciated If I hear nothing I think I m just going to RMA the board tomorrow so it has a chance of getting there in time nbsp

A:New System Freezes during or after BIOS, have tried the "Problem Builds" guide

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-system-freezes-during-or-after-bios-have-tried-the-problem-builds-guide.889604/
Relevancy 42.57%

Since I have a clean installation of Windows 7, it no longer shows me my Acer specs in Control Panel\System and Security\System, can I get it back some how? Something to do with my drivers not being signed? Or something?

A:Control Panel\System and Security\System BIOS Version\Model?

A clean install wipes out any manufacturer installed software that contains your computer information. (The same thing happened when I did a clean install on my Sony Vaio.) Unless you still have a hidden recovery partition on the hard drive (or recovery disks) that can return your Acer to original factory specs, I'm not aware of anything that can get that data to show up on the System dialog box. However, there are free 3rd party utilities like Speccy that can provide all the Acer data and then some, like real time monitoring of temperatures, hardware serial numbers, etc.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/272940-control-panel-system-security-system-bios-version-model.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I receive an update failed error when trying to imstall the following update:HP Notebook System Bios System Update (Intel Processors) Failed to update Is there a way to succesfully update this? Is this a critical update? ThanksAnthony

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Notebook System Bios System Update (Intel Processors) Fai...

Hi @WildFan?, Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I can give you the links to the downloads. HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver  Hope the helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Notebook-System-Bios-System-Update-Intel-Processors/td-p/5481194
Relevancy 41.71%

I replaced the mobo on my Dell 5510. Purchased from Dell. Sticker on mobo says BIOS ver A05. About every other day I get blue screen and physical dump of memory. My system info says my BIOS ver is A07. How do I go about changing BIOS? Is it as simple as pulling battery for 15 seconds? Some have offered this suggestion but I get a little worried at "friends" advice.

A:Replaced MOBO on Dell 5510 BIOS sticker on MOBO says A05, system in still has BIOS of A07

Removing the battery won't change the BIOS version. You need to download the version you require from the Dell site. From Windows you "flash" the BIOS. Take your time preparing for this. If anything goes wrong you will wreck your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-mobo-on-dell-5510-bios-sticker-on-mobo-says-a05-system-in-still-has-bios-of-a07.206391/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi. My Laptop is a Lenovo 3000 N200 and the OS is MS Vista

Problem: It won't boot up beyond the initial window with the Lenovo and intel logos.

Tried 1: Going to BIOS using Lenovo Care Button. But in the next window the following message was given:

IEL10 BIOS Version 68ET31WW (V2.03)
CPU = Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 540 @ 1.86GHz
1024M System Ram Passed
1024 KB L2 Cache
System BIOS shadowed
Video BIOS shadowed
ATAPI CD-ROM: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM CMA-4082N
Fixed Disk 0: HITACHI HTS542512K9SA00
Mouse initialized

Tried 2: Going to Setup : Loading Setup Defaults then hitting F10.
Result: It goes back to the initial boot up window.

Please help Einstein!!!

Thanks

A:Lenovo 3000 N200 : System BIOS shadowed / Video BIOS shadowed

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1003170-lenovo-3000-n200-system-bios.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-3000-n200-system-bios-shadowed-video-bios-shadowed.1003172/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi. My Laptop is a Lenovo 3000 N200 and the OS is MS Vista

Problem: It won't boot up beyond the initial window with the Lenovo and intel logos.

Tried 1: Going to BIOS using Lenovo Care Button. But in the next window the following message was given:

IEL10 BIOS Version 68ET31WW (V2.03)
CPU = Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU 540 @ 1.86GHz
1024M System Ram Passed
1024 KB L2 Cache
System BIOS shadowed
Video BIOS shadowed
ATAPI CD-ROM: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM CMA-4082N
Fixed Disk 0: HITACHI HTS542512K9SA00
Mouse initialized

Tried 2: Going to Setup : Loading Setup Defaults then hitting F10.
Result: It goes back to the initial boot up window.

Please help Einstein?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-3000-n200-system-bios-shadowed-video-bios-shadowed.1003170/
Relevancy 41.71%

Okay, so I got the laptop from my aunt and she gave it to me broken, not booting up. So I wanna upgrade/downgrade the BIOS and probably will help with the issue. It booted yesterday, but it didn't today. I followed the instructions in this document at Recovering the notebook BIOS using an external device. I currently have a blank non-bootable USB, and whenever I extract the BIOS there, I get "Error IHIS! not support current BIOS" followed with "BIOS did not support InsydeFlash"  May anyone please help me to finally fix this devil. Any help would be appreciated.    And yes, It is on Windows 10 Pro 32 bit. I did a fresh clean install of it yesterday.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-Problem-quot-IHISI-not-support-current-BIOS-quot/td-p/5612910
Relevancy 41.71%

Made the huge mistake of updating BIOS Had small MOBO usb prob and for some reason thought a BIOS update would do something Wasn t too worried because Gigabyte touts Dual BIOS pretty strong Anyway tried updating BIOS then system would not boot so the Backup BIOS didn t kick in btw the MOBO is a Gigabyte GA-K N Pro So I copied the backup bios to a floppy and used the floppy to fix the problem - xp now freezes tried bios to - BIOS boots but update main bios OK now computer would boot but would freeze up after the desktop icons appear Actually would sometimes work for a few minutes but always froze up Boots OK to safe mode even to the point of getting online so I downloaded the old bios from Gigabyte put them on floppy and used that to update the main bios Same result Also did a system restore from XP Pro Safe Mode because XP wrongly states that this can be undone didn t find out that System Restore done from safe mode cannot be undone until I tried to undo My tech support ABS Computer they rule thinks that the BIOS is now fine that some windows files are corrupt and a re-install will fix problem and mobo is probably fine as well I ll buy that anyone have any miracle suggestions before i re-install Is a repair install worth BIOS problem - tried to update bios - now xp boots but freezes a shot Really not looking forward to re-installing all my software and putting all my data back where it belongs to get my email hist bookmarks etc back thanks - I will now write the following times LEAVE THE BIOS ALONE even with Dual BIOS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problem-tried-to-update-bios-now-xp-boots-but-freezes.541656/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I am running a home-constructed PC started out life as a Dell but i had to Can't even problem? bios get Not boot Detected, INTO bios Mouse on replace the Mouse Not Detected, bios problem? Can't even get INTO bios on boot motherboard and - well one thing led to another Asus A N-E running NVidia nForce with AMD processor Windows XP professional Zone Alarm security suite It s been working fine for a couple of years with the odd hiccup but i transferred to Zone Alarm from McAfee about four months ago and upgraded to IE - security and fire walls seem to be a big part of the problems i ve had in the past so i thought i d mention it last week i had the quot application error with winlogon exe quot error on log on and I couldn t boot at all I did a repair install from the XP disk which Mostly worked but now I have no mouse I am having to tab through the browswer fields to even post this message which is incredibly frustrating Odd symptoms IE has rolled back to version I guess that might be a function of the repair install In the device manager there is NO quot mouse and other pointing devices quot entry let alone any mouse recorded under it In the control panel the mouse hardware properties are completely blank no way of updating driver or getting more inform ation - selecting the buttons does nothing In Regedit the particular registry key that Microsoft says I should be looking for at http support microsoft com kb which is HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services Class Mouse doesn t even exist in the registry So I am thinking there s something at the BIOS level that s wrong m eaning windows doesn t even know to look for the mouse but most weirdly of all when I reboot at hit quot del quot to enter the set up screen it won t let me - it just continues to load windows I have a bad feeling that there could be a virus involved with this - to access my work computer system remotely I have to switch off Zone Alarm and I wonder whether something got under the radar When I try to update Zone Alarm s virus scanner it won t let me Any thoughts gratefully appreciated Cheers Electric Ray nbsp

A:Mouse Not Detected, bios problem? Can't even get INTO bios on boot

Most likely a bad mouse, or a bent mouse pin, or you are using one of those wireless mouse units, or a cheap usb mouse.

Mouse detection problems are exceedingly rare except for the above... never heard of a mouse being affected by a virus.

Uninstall Zone Alarm if you are using Internet Explorer 7.0 because you will always have problems otherwise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-not-detected-bios-problem-cant-even-get-into-bios-on-boot.72457/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am receiving this message when I run sp76205: The system BIOS update file (c:\SWSetup\SP76205\hpqflash\ROM.CAB) is missing or corrupt. The system BIOS will not be updated." SP76205 was just released in June 2016 and I noticed other user are experiencing the same issue with it. Please provide a fix BIOS update or explain how to run this current update...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/BIOS-Update-sp76205-Error-Message-Can-t-update-system-bios/td-p/5662276
Relevancy 39.13%

I built a computer about years ago and I ve gotten great use out of it up until now Not too long BIOS problem/BIOS reprogramming ago I started having this problem where the computer would randomly turn off and would start making a siren sound from the inside presumably the motherboard and would BIOS problem/BIOS reprogramming not stop until I cut BIOS problem/BIOS reprogramming the power from the box I got fed up with this always happening so I flashed my bios--in the past this has worked well with any problems that I have had Unfortunately after the bios flash the computer won t work Everything powers on all the fans work but no video signal goes to the monitor it doesn t post no beep nothing I m fairly sure that its the BIOS but since nothing works I have no way of updating or reverting the bios I ve removed all the peripherals but the ram and cpu I ve cleared the cmos removed the battery still nothing I ve tried everything I know I was wondering if any of you guys could suggest something to do Any way that I can repogram the bios chip Specs AMD Athlon Abit NF Motherboard GB PC Geil RAM GeForce FX plus thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I just built a customized computer and I bought the ASUS P SDX Motherboard Everything is hooked up and ready to go but when I boot it up it says that the BIOS update was incorrect I got a floppy disk and downloaded the correct BIOS version from the ASUS site saved it to the disk and booted it up to the motherboard which is thatwhat the manual said to do I put in the name etc and it asked Update BIOS and Update Flash I agreed to both and it updated programmed etc So now when i turn in back on it says the same thing The BIOS update is incorrect The mobo has EZFlash update so i wouldn t have to update it through the painful Help System BIOS procedure of doing it through DOS Any suggestions I ve tried updating it with the BIOS p d c awd again and System BIOS Help again and going into System BIOS Help the POST menu etc but nothing works just the same error message Can someone help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-bios-help.228085/
Relevancy 38.27%

Need hrlp trying to get my systemt o boot after installing a new MB and processor, keep in mind this has happened to my previous MB also. I have a kv8-max3 MB, 1 g of ram, tried 3 different ram sticks. If I attempt to make any changes to the bios the computer will not boot up, I have to reset the cmos, I can make simple changes like adjusting the AGP settings, disable onboard audio, doesn;t matter, system will not boot, Have to go in again and reset the bios. Any ideas?

A:Need help with system bios

After changing the motherboard you must reinstall Windows.

Otherwise all the old drivers will simply corrupt the new chipset operations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-system-bios.279811/
Relevancy 38.27%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3001 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1308 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 225052 MB, Free - 177271 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5734Z
Antivirus: avast! Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

what i need help with is how to update system bios, i am also having a problem with directx failure

A:system bios

If theres a problem that calls for flashing or updating the BIOS it has to be done correctly. if youve never done it before i would have someone who has do it for you because if its not done right you will be left with a computer thats going to be nothing more than an expensive paperweight.if there is no new update for the BIOS then nothing more can be done anyway.ive never encountered problems with directX failures so ill let someone else help you on that one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-bios.1107754/
Relevancy 38.27%

How do you access the system BIOS?

How do you get to the motherboard, processor, memory , and other temps?

What all can you monitor?

A:System BIOS

when the system boots it will tell you what key to push to get into setup/bios.
del, esc, f2 and it varies form one computer to another.

when you get in you have various pages and temps are probably under health monitoring or something like that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-bios.316975/
Relevancy 38.27%

I think im in the right category for this question. Anyway, i was just wanting to know how to get into the system bios, and once im in there, where would i go to turn on the video card thats on the motherboard? When i bought this pci video card, the guy that installed it had to deactivate the motherboard video terminal from the system bios. I ran out of pci slots, 'cause i only have two, one for my modem, and the other for the video card i now have. But now i want to install a pci usb card, and want to know how i can reactivate the original video pickup on the motherboard? Any help is appreciated

thanx

marcg

A:System Bios

Um, I don't think this is quite the right forum for your question. Development is like programming. Making software. But, I'll help you anyway. To enter the BIOS:

As the computer is starting up, and the manufactuer's screen is up (The computer makers logo), you push a key. I'm not sure what key that would be on your computer, but on a compaq, it's F10. You usually see a message like "Push (insert button to enter bios here) to enter BIOS setup" when the computer logo is up. Then you might see something on the screen that is saying "Entering BIOS setup" after you do this. Then, you will choose a language to use (on mine, I had to anyway...), and after selecting, you'll be in the BIOS! YAY! You then have the power to make your computer many of things, such as:

*A doorstop
*A large paperweight
*A utility to hold up your vehicle when you work on it
*A box for your kitty (providing that you have a kitty!)
*And finally, something that you can whack the bejesus out of when you get mad! (good for dates that have gone bad!)

What this is saying: DON'T SCREW IT UP! YOU WILL NO LONGER HAVE A COMPUTER IF YOU DO SOMETHING BAD IN THE BIOS! So, if you feel that you did something wrong, exit the BIOS right away, without saving! As far as the video card, I know nothing about it! Hopefully, someone like AcaCandy will see this thred and do something about it. (AcaCandy knows alot about the BIOS, and would help alot more!) Good Luck!

--maxim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-bios.49629/
Relevancy 37.84%

I set a password on my system for accessing the BIOS several years ago and I don't remember it now. I seem to recall there is a hardware change that will over-ride or reset the BIOS access to null.

If this sounds familiar, please provide help so I can make some needed changes to my system configuration.

Relevancy 37.84%

Ok finnaly got my PC into what i thought was a usable state The hard drive is in now in I don t have a floppy drive or CD drive just the hardrive for which win has already been installed no comments on how this is a silly idea please The hard disk is set up so it it should be bootable However when i turn the pc on it the usual logo appears it does a quick memory check then the details of the BIOS is listed but it doesn t get any System BIOS after hangs further than this It just sits in the quot Press DEL to go to setup quot phase If i press del i can go into the bios setup I have tried detecting harddrives in the bios for which there were three options for my HD LBA large or normal mode I would System hangs after BIOS have though the bios should at least list the harddrive it has found System hangs after BIOS and list the other hardware thats connected and give me a boot-disk error or somethnig if the harddrive wasn t set up right but no Any suggestions Thanks Sam nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

I went away for about a month and had my computer off but it was plugged in. when i came back the computer would not boot up. Sometimes it can get past some of the bios screens and i can get into setup but it will go black during setup also. It made it into windows once before it crashed. Sometimes a message will appear in bootup that says overclocking failed even though i have never tried to overclock and my bios is set to normal and not overclocking. Im guessing it is either my motherboard or chip that has gone bad but i am not sure. any suggestions?

A:System goes black on bios

Being that it was off, but plugged in, and assuming nobody else would have used it. I'd say perhaps the power supply got hit sometime while you were gone. So my first suggestion would be trying another power supply.

Second, if the PS is ok, try resetting the BIOS. Your motherboard manual should explain how. Or else, you can take out the battery for 30 minutes, or use the BIOS clear jumper if you can find it.

If the system is dirty, blow it out, make sure no critters got in there and chewed a wire or anything like that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-goes-black-on-bios.42036/
Relevancy 37.84%

Forgot the administrator password or power on passwordsystem disabledEAAA877CPLEASE HELP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-system-disabled/td-p/5636992
Relevancy 37.84%

the system is windows 7 ultimate 32bits.i have tried some control keys but all did not work.pls help.

A:cannot enter bios from my system

When you first turn on the machine-Press the Delete key until the BIOS appears.
Remember - changing BIOS settings can cause issues that may require a reset to the Default (opriginal) state of the machine.

Please provide us with the full spec's for your machine (motherboard, make and model of unit, etc.) This makes helping you so much easier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241585-cannot-enter-bios-my-system.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Is there possible after a unsuccesful update of my system BIOS to restore it's initial condition ???

Relevancy 37.84%

Can someone tell me how to enter the BIOS  I need to add some ram to my graphics card but i cant access the BIOS menu to  update it.  It takes me to HP invent.  I can see the BIOS details but cant enter it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Need-to-Enter-System-BIOS/td-p/5756487
Relevancy 37.84%

i disabled admin password by clearing in the bios set up after installing windows 8.1.my power on password was not cleared but now i can't login bios although i still remember the power on password. I appreciate your help thanks 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:system disabled at bios

Hi, Enter  67578297 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/system-disabled-at-bios/td-p/5824335
Relevancy 37.84%

I'm trying to fix my friend's computer His children have been using it and it having issues and viruses Dell Dimension XPS Windows XP and I believe it is SP but it could be SP Pretty basic system dvd-rom dvd-burner floppy multi-card reader gb hard drive and a nVidia card Only thing that is plugged in is the mouse and keyboard as I attempt to fix this I will power System BIOS hangs after on BIOS loads then it shows Code Serial ATA AHCI BIOS Version iSrc Copyright c - Intel Corporation Controller Bus Device F Function Ports Devices Port - Hard System hangs after BIOS Disk Hitachi HDT Serial Number Port - CDROM TSSTcorpDVD-Rom TS-H B Port - CDROM PBDS DVD -RW DH- W S AHCI BIOS installed Intel R System hangs after BIOS Matrix Storage Manager option ROM v ICH R Copyright C - Intel Corporation All Rights Reserved After that it just hangs with a blinking cursor I pull the drive out put it in my other System hangs after BIOS computer run Trend Micro's Housecall removes viruses but the problem persists I have unplugged the optical drives and it still hangs after Inter Matrix Storage Manager I found an old copy of quot Ultimate Boot CD quot and run that It starts to load off the CD and the Windows XP startup screen with the scrolling bar shows up then BSOD Code STOP x B xF DE xC x x I put in a bootable windows XP installation CD to attempt to run the Recovery Console Right before I'm able to get to the setup screen where I am able to choose Recovery Console I get the BSOD same stop code I'm running out of ideas now I can't update the Dell BIOS because it is now an executable that runs in Windows I don't have any floppy disks but could probably get a hold of some Any ideas Thanks David

A:System hangs after BIOS

the 0X7B Stop message is for Unaccesible_Boot_Device. It should let you get to the Recovery console unless the HDD has failed. Try pulling the drive out again and putting it on the other computer. Backup any data off the drive the user wants and delete the partition on the drive and create a new partition Format it NTFS. Put it back in the troubled machine and reinstall Windows. If that fails then try making a boot disc from the Memtest ISO image and burn it to a CD with IMGBurn and boot off the newly created boot disc and run the tests with 1 stick of RAM at a time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-hangs-after-bios-541212.html
Relevancy 37.84%

HiI have a problem which requires getting into the bios which is asking for a password which I've never set up and I don't know what this password is.Now it says system disabled with a code 59414549

A:Bios system disabled

@mattyb221? Enter   46572589 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-system-disabled/td-p/5669630
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I am wondering if there is any way to clear the system log in the bios on this notebook as I cannot see any option the clear it ? Regards

A:Clearing the system log in the bios ?

@wub901 , Hello and thank you for posting on the HP support forums.  So that I can better assist you please check out this link. Advice for asking the "Very Best Question" When you post back could you please give me an example of what you are referring too. Are you trying to get rid of your internet history? The BIOS is just a set of instructions for basic input output operations.  It does not store or keep track of files, locations or history of any kind. The only thing I can think of you are meaning is from this link. Viewing BIOS Event Logs Now some BIOS have a tab that will let you go in and clear this log but if there is no tab then there is no option.   What would you need to clear the log for? If you are having hard ware issues or bios issues and only if you are having issue then you can refresh or flash your bios. Here are a couple links  for you to check out. Restoring the BIOS Updating the BIOS Thank you again for posting.  I hope to hear back from you soon. Have a great day.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Clearing-the-system-log-in-the-bios/td-p/4843129
Relevancy 37.84%

I have compaq cq60 laptop and using windows 7 ultimate 32bit. Well I have checked hp drivers & software support website and there is update available. Well now BIOS version F.32 and F.65 is now available. I want to know If I updates so wouldn't it harm or damage my windows file and personal. What will be changes made after this. Anxiously waiting for the response.

thanks.

A:System BIOS update is available.

BEFORE you make any changes, you should look through the BIOS utilities and confirm there is a way to (1) save off the current working BIOS, and (2) restore from that saved BIOS if the update goes badly. Updating a BIOS is always risky -- as I found out when I did a routine update to my Gigabyte board and it crashed. Since I was able to restore it from the saved BIOS, I was OK.

The BIOS won't do anything to Windows or any of its files, but if it fails for some reason, you will not be able boot your PC at all. So, it's very important to check the stuff I mentioned above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/279055-system-bios-update-available.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a gigabyte ga- gcm-s c motherboard I had a gig hard drive but its has since been deceased When it died I could only get it to come on with an error message program that said I had memory problems I m not exactly sure how accurate it is I have since bought a new seagate gig internal drive and installed it Now when I turn it on the BIOS system doesn t even come up The monitor turns on like it recognizes the computer Or bios!? system operating No then goes right back into hybernation No Signal And if I plug in my old hard drive it does No bios!? Or operating system the same thing So something has changed on it between removal of old drive and installation of new drive I m kinda poor and this gig was a big upgrade so I would like to not have to buy a new motherboard or anything because I would have to pay for it to be installed I m pretty mechanical but not technical I would do it if someone assured me of its ease and showed steps but anywho Any thoughts nbsp

A:No bios!? Or operating system

try reseating the memory.......... take one stick out (if u have 2) try each one...........also try resetting the cmos

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-bios-or-operating-system.949191/
Relevancy 37.84%

Since I appear to be ignorant and incapable of locating the proper bios settings and/or drivers to update, I was hoping someone here could help me do so, and hopefully I am providing all the accurate information below:

OS Name - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version - 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer - Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer - Compaq Presario 06
System Model - DA236A-ABA 6420NX NA910
System Type - X86-based PC
Processor - x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1798 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date - Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.01, 12/10/2002
SMBIOS Version - 2.2

Edit: If I am not in the proper forum and need to be moved to one such as Device Drivers, then I apologize and hope this thread will be moved.

A:Bios and system updates

whats the problem your having. if it ant broke dont fix it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-and-system-updates.144896/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey all. I recently started messing with my BIOS settings and moved my Performance mode from slow to fast and ran 3DMark05. I noticed my CPU score went from a 3991 to a 4207. Is that significant enough to be happy about? When I moved it to turbo or ultra turbo, my computer wouldn't even reboot, so I stayed with fast, which continues to be stable. Does that sound safe? Thanks for any replies.

Relevancy 37.84%

When I turn my computer on the hd spins up all the correct lights on the case light up and the monitor comes out of sleep But nothing else The monitor stays black though it doesn t go back into sleep mode When this first happened I restarted the computer a couple times and it finally came on like normal Once started everything worked fine I unless go bios i hangs into system have a tendency to leave my computer on for a week which I did system hangs unless i go into bios after this incident without any problems system hangs unless i go into bios When I finally turned it off and on again the same thing happened This time I hit delete and the computer went into bios I didn t do anything in bios but the computer started up fine after I exited Anyway I ve found I have to do this every time I turn the computer on now--go into bios and exit I can live with this but I m worried the computer is dying and I should be using this time to secure my files Any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

Is there a way to bypass a password protected bios? I was givin a pc tower that had everything but a hard drive. I put in a completely blank hard drive and i am unable to install an os on it due to the boot settings. I cannot get the pc to boot from the cd-rom drive it keeps trying to boot from the floppy. The issue is the bios have a password on it and the person i got the pc from grabbed it out of a church give away so i dont have any clue on the previous owner who donated it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

A:System Bios Bypass??

came up with this.. dunno if it works or not.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-bios-bypass-356123.html
Relevancy 37.84%

The other night A safe won't System to Bios then go POST shutdown and just so ppl know what I ve been doing since December I ve been playing WOWandaria daily for hours on end After the shutdown I left to get groceries came back home and turned on my PC it would not boot no beep just fans REVing up and down Turned System won't go POST then to Bios it off turned it on switched voltage switched it back unplugged my video card plugged it back everything I did the same thing fans rev up no beep Today I get on my laptop and check around ppl mentioned CMOS and it s battery I removed it mins later put System won't go POST then to Bios it back in Dejuvu look more mention totally unplugging every damn thing in the pc even the power coords on the MB I unplug the one next to the CPU and the massive one on the MB then power on and it works but I only have my one HDD since other is unplugged shut down safely hook it up deju f in vu repeat the unplugging of the motherboard power and it works but each time I did that the cmos resets and tells me the times are wrong etc sets the crap back to before I go buying anything is the cmos battery on it s last legs since isnt that what loads the bios and if it s dead it wont boot but by unplugging it forces a hard reset or is it something else posting this on that very computer atm after unpluggin the MB power nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

I think my computer is underclocked. I have a PIII 1000mhz, which I thought should show a speed of 1000mhz (1 ghz) instead of the 727mhz which My Computer properties say. Someone told me that to get my computer out of being underclocked, I need to check the FSB speed in the BIOS and change it to the correct speed. Anyone know how to do that? Thanks a lot in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated

P.S. I've entered the ROM setup when my computer reboots, but I don't know how to edit anything.

My computer is a COMPAQ Evo N600C
18.6 GB harddrive.

A:Editing The Bios System

I found a generic document to enter the BIOS in HP/Compaq computers. It looks like you need to press the F10 key on the keyboard to enter the Setup menu. It also says that the CPU speed setting might be under the Advanced menu in your BIOS.Further information on changing settings, and other useful information can be found in this support article: BIOS Setup Information and Menu OptionsAlso, here is the main support page for your laptop:Compaq Evo n600c Notebook PCHope that helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50073/editing-the-bios-system/
Relevancy 37.84%

Forgot BIOS password and got system disabled{Content Removed}http://s10.postimg.org/w724h4i15/IMG_0433.jpg

A:BIOS, system disabled

Hi: Enter that code in the box at the link below to generate an unlock passcode...starting with the 7 https://bios-pw.org/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-system-disabled/td-p/5824077
Relevancy 37.84%

I just finished putting together my first computer (using old pieces from a stock Aspire model) so it still had Vista and all my programs when I replaced; the power supply, RAM, mobo and processor. After finally getting power to the machine it went into BIOS setup and then started to go to the Vista loading screen but then immeditaly flashed a blue sceen (illegiable/too fast to read) and restart.

I've lost my Vista CD's So I'm wondering if it's a OS problem (because I haven't loaded it after the new updates) or if it can be something else.

Thanks for any tips/advice.

A:System shuts down after BIOS

Check the CPU temperature in the BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-shuts-down-after-bios.912177/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have assembled a new system using
A7V8X-8 mother board
AMD XP 2500 Barton CPU
512MB PC3200 DDR RAM (HY)
160 gig maxtor hard drive
Problem is I am unable to enter Bios flashUtility Also the CD RW,and the floppy do not respond. In the bios setup utility the system hangs if I enter the boot menu. I have carefully read all the accompanying literature and can not figure this out . Can Anyone suggest What to try?

Relevancy 37.41%

Hello,I don't rember the bios password..Laptop is a presario CQ61The code i get is 81810189

A:Bios password system disable

@Mbc9 Enter  34778109 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Bios-password-system-disable/td-p/5846840
Relevancy 37.41%

built a new system evga i MB GB patriot ddr evga gt w intel core quad Q ghz corsair w PS WD TB HDD XP pro sp generally the system boots and functions but will hang randomly example was watching netflix quot play instantly quot movie hung once but not after reboot watched episodes in a row of Dexter no problems at all but days later went to do another episode and it hung then performed reboot gymnatics I ll explain and immediatly hung again also hung just writing an email also hung playing youtube clip but after reboot played fine also hung on reset system and bios hangs online flash game as to quot reboot gymnastics quot when it system hangs and bios reset hangs i will use reset switch but on POST i get a quot no PS mouse error quot I also have no KB control I cannot access delete ctrl or esc I reset w the MB jumper and now I have KB but I get floppy error After entering BIOS and disabling floppy everything is fine until the next time further complications this problem has persisted even though I have replaced the memory with new sticks replaced the video card originally a bfg gt replaced the processor originally a core duo ghz replaced the MB replaced the HDD what the heck right originally a GB i replaced them one at a time except for the video card MB HDD gas for a trip to fry s is roundtrip Each time no improvement except for the MB video HDD replacement when I replaced those XP installed smoothly w o a hitch originally installing XP was full of hangs and also during boot up usually at the windows splash screen or just prior to splash However the prob still persists all the drivers are current i have not installed any other software on the system yet because well why should i OK it does have latest IE and windows media player I took the system to a repair shop PC club if you must know the guy said on a cursory inspection that it all looked put together OK but before I pay him I should try a couple of things however to no avail The only thing left to replace is the PS I saw another poster say this behavior can be explained by a undervoltage PS rail Is this the only possible explanation despite all of the above the system will hum quietly along for days w o prob as long as I don t touch it Also no trouble playing CDs with media player no other video card issues Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:system hangs and bios reset

one advice your PSU seems very low for that kind of specs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-hangs-and-bios-reset.736942/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have an older HP Pavillion Elite, e9280t - product # AW020AV-ABA. It runs an Intel Core i7 CPU 920  @ 2.67GHz, with a TRUCKLEE 1.04E01 system board. System BIOS is 5.24 Since HP is no longer supporting these older systems, does anyone know where I might be able to locate the last good firmware and BIOS update. In advance, thanks. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Need bios and firmware for older HP system

@fridaythemovie? IPMTB-TK Motherboard BIOS update improves system support for Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition processors, and resolves issue with the system hanging when entering sleep mode. "Version 5.29" http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL35997/pv-88834-1/sp49903.exe Your other drivers here. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-Elite-e9000-Desktop-PC-series/3999455/model/4066664 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Need-bios-and-firmware-for-older-HP-system/td-p/5712739
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, I do have an issue with my laptop, it asks me a password that I did'nt set! after many attempts, I restarted my computer and it shows password box , three trimes I tried some password but none of them works. I got system disabled message with this code [80092862] . Could someone help please?  Thank you !

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Bios password System disabled

Hi, Enter  35990264 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-password-System-disabled/td-p/5813248
Relevancy 37.41%

I ve formated my disk for NTFS when I installed Win XP Pro I have MSI K N Delta L mobo and would like to update my bios Instructions on MSI website http msicomputer com bios on NTFS system flashing support bios result asp give me two options - Award Flash BIOS Procedure - Flashing the BIOS for Users using NON FAT file system since I flashing bios on NTFS system have NTFS I first checked out the second option But it only seems to mention the procedures flashing bios on NTFS system for Win and Me Nothing about xp or Because I don t have either one and don t have the boot disks for Me I went ahead and tried the first option I formated a floppy and restarted my comp When the prompt shows up I type in c and it says quot Invalid drive specification quot or something like this I tried going directly to the test folder with cd c test and got quot Bad command or file name quot error I can see what s on my floppy using dir but when I do dir c it hangs up any help thanks nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Well this has me stumped I am here in Iraq and I managed to dowload some updates from Microsoft Before I went to sleep I clicked on install updates The same day KBR decided to do generator maintenance oops well the battery died and when I woke up I was faced with the HP logo screen and a frozen computer So I resarted the computer and it froze at the HP logo I emailed HP and they said reflash the BIOS which isn t possible now Solved: or System Both BIOS or Operating So I emailed them again they said purchase Solved: BIOS or Operating System or Both the restore disks Here is what I Solved: BIOS or Operating System or Both have done In order to access BIOS you have to take the CMOS battery out and put back in after min Then you can access the BIOS screen I ran memory test passed and hard drive test passed exited BIOS and the computer froze at the HP logo again I had to remove the CMOS battery again I tried to go to system restore from the partition F It appears corrupted I can t run windows in any mode of operation All of my data files are good cause I tested them drive on my friends computer no problems The having to remove the CMOS battery everytime has me concerned Windows updates failing to load completely also has me concerned Help nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I am building a computer system for the first time. I am using an ASUS A7N8X Motherboard ("MB"). I am ready to power up the system for the first time. The ASUS manual recommends saving a copy of the orginal MB BIOS to a floppy disk, along with a Flash Memor Writer utility. The instructions for doing so are not very clear. Any suggestions? Also, is this step necessary? Can I simply turn on the power and go from there? Thank you.

Relevancy 37.41%

While in XP I deleted a partiain that had Fedora on it. I was using GRUB to do multi-boot. When I rebooted XP it booted to the GRUB command line. I rebooted and hit F12 to try to get to system settings and after I chose system settings it went right back to the GRUB command line. I rebooted again and hit F2 to get to system settings and it went straight to the GRUB command line again.

I'm pretty sure I need to fix my MBR but, I can't change my settings to boot from my CD and I don't have a floppy drive.

Any ideas?

A:Cannot access system settings in BIOS

Boot from your windowsXP CD, select recovery console, and type FIXBOOT (then press enter key), next type FIXMBR (then press enter key).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-access-system-settings-in-bios-65164.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I tried to enter bios system several times but no luck (by turn on the pc and press f10/f9/f8/f2/esc/del)I purchased this HP EliteDesk 800 G2 with basic OS is windows 10 home and I want to install windows 7 Pro. But I couldn't do that because of the bios system won't appear. Glad if someone can assist me on this issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Failed-to-Enter-BIOS-System/td-p/5728958
Relevancy 37.41%

hi

Today, we can flash some BIOS from an operating system.
Is this not quite dangerous, nutrient for viruses?
When the OS is active, too many processes are active during this critical step and has a good chance something can go awry.
I try to update always from the external usb floppy drive or from an usb stick.

A:Flash BIOS from operating system?

You are absolutely right. I always prefer to flash with DOS from a bootable pendrive putting Windows at rest.

There are proponents who will say " I have done it a hundred times from within Windows and absolutely OK " and they will not change their stance till it happens to them.

There is always a possibility of an unknown trigger spoiling the broth when one flashes from within Windows. I have known many people bricking their machines.

With DOS from a pendrive you totally eliminate even a remote possibility. ( Of course one has to take the usual precautions to make sure the flashing is not interrupted. I switch off Mains Power , run my PC on a fully-charged UPS - that can run my PC for half-an-hour- thus avoiding any transients that occur when the Main Supply fails all of a sudden. Similarly there can also be spikes/surge when Mains Power is restored.Often because of inductive loads on the service.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/234697-flash-bios-operating-system.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I updated the system BIOS to 68IBD Ver.F.63 and on bootup I now receive this message.  The icon is also missing from the system tray.  Looking in the Control Panel the application is still installed.  If I try to run the executable it fails.  Any way I can resolve this problem?  if not, do I really need this software?Thank you.

A:After BIOS upgrade receiving "Your system does not appear to...

Hi: You don't need the Intel RST software unless you have a RAID array set up in your notebook (2 or more hard drives running in RAID mode). Try uninstalling the RST software, restart the PC and reinstall it if you want.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/After-BIOS-upgrade-receiving-quot-Your-system-does-not/td-p/5724695
Relevancy 37.41%

Trying to enter the bios setup and someone setup a password, the system disabled code is 77117524

Solved!
View Solution.

A:system disabled bios error

Hi, Enter  68875500 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/system-disabled-bios-error/td-p/5752624
Relevancy 37.41%

Please, i need pass for bios of a Hp pavillion dv4000 System Disabled 03071

A:Help me! I need Bios password ! Hp pavilliondv4000 system di...

@justcasta? Enter   tysqrcb   or   tejopst

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Help-me-I-need-Bios-password-Hp-pavilliondv4000-system/td-p/5753222
Relevancy 37.41%

If "SYSTEM NOT the CONTAIN SOLVED DOES NECESSARY ... - UPDATE BIOS you get infamous error SOLVED - BIOS UPDATE "SYSTEM DOES NOT CONTAIN the NECESSARY ... when updating HP Portables laptops notebooks netbooks BIOS within Windows SYSTEM DOES NOT CONTAIN THE NECESSARY WMI SUPPORT FOR THIS VERSION OF HPQFLASH -------- nbsp I am posting a solution found for own business laptop HP W amp W so WebSearch engines index register it in a few days - future sufferers come here and get a SOLUTION finally nbsp Disreagrd previous experts advises they don't work amp pity on TechSupport folks who get HP paychecks yet don't know products their co nbsp designs manufactures on deep Technical level Below is a SOLUTION WORKING nbsp Go into Services Run services msc or get there thru ControlPanel-- gt AdminTools-- gt find following services gt make sure they're running chances are they're NOT as in my case I keep them disabled unless need running HP Software Framework HP Service no typo - a real plain name If not running set Properties-- gt Manual and click Start make sure both are running Rerun BIOS updater choose option SOLVED - BIOS UPDATE "SYSTEM DOES NOT CONTAIN the NECESSARY ... for Within Windows or something to that effect using HPQ ROMpaq updater rather than create USB BootDisk on Key SOLVED - BIOS UPDATE "SYSTEM DOES NOT CONTAIN the NECESSARY ... this time it should work without the hassle of a BootDisk creation Should work from within Windows environment nbsp Notes a Likely only one service is responsible - namely HP Software Framework for HPQ Updater to fail but doesn't hurt to reenable restart both services I in fact am responding to other customers who elect to Update BIOS within Windows perhaps oldfashioned but to me Boot Updater is more natural amp always works regardless of WMI Support b After done don't forget Recheck BIOS settings - update may've added new and or changed old so nbsp rescan tobe sure Go BACK into Windows-- gt Services msc nbsp amp redisable both aforementioned Services if were originally disabled or you're a computer Pro you know what you're doing nbsp amp like me keep all HP services disabled nbsp The ones we got on EliteBook W are pests consuming system resources you just enable Software Framework when occasional issues emerge with HP softupdate typically no issues amp redisable after use rest of services are bloatware - some attempt to overrun Windows Wireless console some seekout HP Networked printers Ethernet Wireless but not USB some do this amp that - I study know which one does what and decided to disable all This is called a minimalist philosophy amp turns your machine into a fast beast I recently sold a very obsolete -year laptop which however handles DMCAD amp complex designs simulations better new machines out fo a store as new machines are loaded w bloatware chocking down resources BUT nobody is requiring you to disable anything though The solution merely states the fact These or services when not running halt BIOS Update within Windows you can still run BootDisk option however if preferred Simply restartung them solves your problem nbsp Usually Ya'll have a good day and enjoy nbsp BELOW ARE IMPORTANT WARNINGS IF YOUR BIOS UPDATE STILL FAILS SOME OTHER PIECE IN WMI SUPPORT IS MISSING - IN MY CASE WAS THESE SERVICES BUT THERE'S REMOTE POSSIBILITY SOMETHING ELSE MIGHT BLOCK UPDATER nbsp DON'T WASTE TIME amp CHOOSE USB BootDisk options instead Once BIOS updater does its job will ask to auto-restart - let it go on amp complete it will self-shutdown click Next to skip -second timer then do NOT turn it on manually wait - it'll turn on by itself in seconds let it boot into Windows you're done WARNING close other apps before proceeding be sure your ACpower won't be interrupted or better yet - make sure battery is in charged so if ACpower accidentally disconnects you're autoswitched onto battery b c power loss may result in severe damage to internal hardware nbsp In the old days it'd result in fatal damage these ... Read more

A:SOLVED - BIOS UPDATE "SYSTEM DOES NOT CONTAIN the NECESSARY ...

Thank you for the post.  This helped me.  I would also like to add that if you decide to uninstall all the HP junk that's preloaded, you'll also run into this issue and will have to do BIOS updates via the DOS Flash utility.  So for all you IT houses dealing with HP, do a BIOS update FIRST before uninstalling all that stuff.  Lesson hard learned.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SOLVED-BIOS-UPDATE-quot-SYSTEM-DOES-NOT-CONTAIN-the/td-p/974329
Relevancy 37.41%

In dire need of some help. I need to reset my bios password. Upon 3 faild entries it returns "system disabled 76026834". Thanks in advance for your help. 

A:bios password system disabled

Hi, Enter  69984210 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/bios-password-system-disabled/td-p/5809593
Relevancy 37.41%

I just got a new mobo (Gigabyte 990FXA-UB3) and a new CPU (AMD FX-6100). Gigabyte has been telling everyone that in order to use these components together, one must update the BIOS with your old processor (for me, a Phenom II x4) for the new processor to work. How does one go about doing this? I don't understand how you update the BIOS for one processor to work with another. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Relevancy 37.41%

My system will not boot past the BIOS CPU is identified MB Ram tests fine and then it all not BIOS past XP System booting stops I XP System not booting past BIOS can go to my BIOS setup but it takes - minutes after I press DEL Here are the specs of the system P Ghz Gig RAM MB Nvidia video card Gig WD IDE drives optical drives Foxcon M Motherboard Phoenix Award v BIOS My troubles began a night ago I had set the computer to copy a video file onto a DVD It had to sqeeze a gig video onto a regular DVD so I just let it run over night I happened to wake up so I went to check on it in the middle of the night The DVD burn turned out fine but the PC began making a clicking noise I was too bleary eyed to investigate it further and the PC would not respond to my attempts to do a regular shut down or a reboot so I just shut off power The next morning the clicking was gone but I could not get it to boot past the BIOS level I could get into the Setup several minutes after pressing DEL but changing the boot order to all combinations of optical and hard drive boots did not work Disconnecting the drives did not work either No combination of drives worked to get past the BIOS screen I did hear the clicking once more and I believe it was a hard drive but I have not been able to duplicate that again The drive indicator light stays on all the time too Am I missing something here or is my motherboard shot nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hello I am not sure if this is a hardware problem bios or software but here goes The system will not boot beyond the bios System the not boot past will bios starting windows stage The problem occured after a shut down and pc was rebooted the next day No recent alterations to the hardware or configuration has been made My system will not boot and System will not boot past the bios gives me the following message Windows could not start the following file is missing or corrupt windows system config system insert windows cd and press r to repair My System is as follows Windows xp home with sp Asus a v deluxe motherboard with AMD athlon processor Ami bios - - Fitted with two Maxtor gb hard drives sata serial ata I did not have a windows xp disc as it was preloaded by the manufacturer when I bought it After trying all manner of ideas to solve the problem I have now purchased a Windows xp cd with sp This has System will not boot past the bios still not solved the problem When I boot up System will not boot past the bios using the xp cd it loads ok but when I try and do a repair it says Hard drives not found I have checked that both hard drives are properly connected When I enter the bios they are set to auto and shown as ft tx ary and ft tx ary Further in the bios it says Serial ch master no device and serial ch master no device and lists the following ID Mode Size Track-mapping Status stripe m functional stripe m functional How do I made the system see the hard drives I hope that someone can help with this frustrating problem Thanks in advance John nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I need help quickly on updating my system bios for installing a new Siemens 10/100 1019 ethernet card. I have a Gateway GP6-450 450 mhz PII mmx, 128 mb/ram, Windows 98 1st edition, cable modem.

Can someone please help me, I need to install my ethernet card drivers and it won't let me. Thanks

Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys I ve got another brain burner for you Today one of my coworkers brought sees it!! RAM, doesnt the but use system BIOS a PC into work and asked me BIOS sees the RAM, but system doesnt use it!! to install some more ram for him No problem So I get everything installed and the machine starts up fine I stop and go into setup to confirm that the ram was properly installed BIOS showed the appropriate RAM seated into the appropriate memory banks with the appropriate quantities However when you get passed bios and the machine does the RAM count it only counts the second memory bank Likewise when you check the system information after the machine goes into windows it only shows what is in the second bank There are available banks I tried using the third bank but the machine will not even POST when I do that I have ruled out the possibility of the first bank being bad since BIOS sees what is in it I have also tried switching the DIMMs between banks the unit will only use what is in the second bank beyond the setup phase no matter what Can anyone tell me why BIOS recognizes the RAM but the system does not count use it How can I make the system use it I have installed RAM into hundreds of machines before and never had this sort of problem Hope someone out there has some information which will help me nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hey there I dont know why but when I tried booting to my system it showed me black screen and when I tried pressing all F buttons it did not load BIOS. I need some help im stuck. All of my USB ports are functional Its just that I dont have the choice of even going to BIOS which Is frustrating..

A:Windows 8.1 no boot to system neither BIOS

Someone help?!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62569-windows-8-1-no-boot-system-neither-bios.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I have an HP Pavilion dv6 7080ee and i ran into an incident where the BIOS got corrupted. I have been trying to recover the BIOS for a while and HP has added a new BIOS Utility F.2D Rev.A but when the utility is launched, all the options are grayed out. And Is there any other way to recover the bios? Kindly advice.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Notebook-System-BIOS-Update/td-p/5668759
Relevancy 37.41%

I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong forum but I m at wits end I recently put a new system together basically from the ground up The initial start up was fine installed windows and got to installing system drivers in windows no problem Here is where I think I screwed up I went and updated the BIOS the system restarted but no video I got a amber light on the monitor hard drive and the whole nine in the case are working running Try restarting multiple times same thing So disconnect the power and took the BIOS CMOS battery out and waited about an hour I reinstalled the battery started it back up I get CMOS CHECKSUM BAD and gives two options PRESS F- TO ENTER SET UP or F- TO LOAD DEFAULTS AND COUTINUE You press Video System, Update. after BIOS no New F- and it opens the BIOS menu when I get that far I ve tried USE DEFAULT or OPTIMISE same outcome I hit F- and it loads defaults but I have a in chance of getting to windows or even the safe mode screen But after a bit the screen goes black and I m back at no video All my parts are fresh out of the box and to my knowledge there shouldn t be conflicts A friend of New System, no Video after BIOS Update. mine I work with is having a similar issue and I m sure his set up is different from mine System specs MoBo MSI K N Diamond AM NVIDIA n-Force SLI CPU AMD X Vid Card HIS Radeon x mb PCI Express H D Hitachi Deskstar k gb rpm Memory Kingston pin DDR x G O S Vista nbsp

A:New System, no Video after BIOS Update.

By the way, I'm using a 500 watt power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-system-no-video-after-bios-update.71301/
Relevancy 37.41%
A:How do i find wat bios i am running and how much ram i can add to my system

without restart
go to RUN>type regedit
find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System registry subkey
there is an entry SystemBiosVersion.

for RAM additon
it depends on ur motherboard.check its specifications

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-find-wat-bios-i-am-running-and-how-much-ram-i-can-add-to-my-system-207727.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Bonjour j'aimerais savoir le code de power on du system car j'ai obtenu ce code de system disabled : 92072939 merci !

A:BIOS System disabled key 92072939

@LunksMicro? Enter:     23950319 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-System-disabled-key-92072939/td-p/5660161
Relevancy 37.41%

Does anyone happen to know where I get get hold of the latest BIOS for the E-SYSTEM EL 3103 laptop?

Help much appreciated.

Mario

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/e-system-el-3103-bios-upgrade.896420/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi i hope this is in the right forum.
um one of my friends just had to reinstall winxp sp2 due to some drama umm and he also had some drama with his bios so he re flashed i think thats the right term and we'll he used the wrong bios it was for his older motherboard he had i was just wondering how we can resolve this issue??

Relevancy 37.41%

AnniiHP Pavilion 17 Notebook PCSerial #: 5CD43539KLWindows 10 Home

A:Bios admin system disabled

@annjonny When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times. Post any code you receive. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Bios-admin-system-disabled/td-p/5836261
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a emachine T4170 mother board is a ecs L4S5MG. I went to the emachine site and downloaded a new BIOS that was the begging of the end. I did what it told me to do and after the reboot my system never came back. the fans go on,the lights go on,the cd & dvd go on,the hard drive starts and then i hear a short buzz sound,there is a short beep, my floppy drive does not come on, the keyboard does not work, I have done moved the proper jumpers and taken the battery out still nothing I have been working on it for 4 days. the emachines tech site is worthless all they wont is for me to call and pay them money PLEAS HELP
Thank you I will be in your debt

Relevancy 37.41%

After numerous startup failures (see posts in Boot forum) I was advised to update drivers etc. Did that, using the HP assistant, one of the updates was the System BIOS. That is the last thing I did on that machine, I am now using a borrowed laptop. The BIOS update seemed to go okay, installed, then verified, the re-booted. But it didn't re-boot. "No operating system found......." Thank you very much HP. I specified Win 7 Pro when I ordered this machine instead of the pathetic Win 8, so I do not want to restore it to factory defaults. Now how do I get out of this hole? David

A:No operating system after BIOS update

3 things I would try in this situation- in the order I would do them if no success on first. 1-Immediately after powering on start tapping the F10 key to enter BIOS. (You may need to tap Esc key then choose F10 from menu options) Once in tap F9 to reset to Default settings. Then tap F10 to Save & Exit. 2-No joy? Try a hard reset.Disconnect all external devices first.1-remove power cord and battery2-press power button for 30 seconds3-reinstall only power cord for first startup.4-power on 3-Still no joy?try rolling back to previous BIOS. 1-Immediately after powering on hold/tap the Esc key. 2-When the menu appears, tap F2 for System Diagnostics. 3-In the list of items will be BIOS or Firmware Management.Use the arrow key to move down & highlight it.Press Enter key. 4-You should now have a Rollback BIOS option.Use arrow key again to highlight and press Enter key.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/No-operating-system-after-BIOS-update/td-p/5698343
Relevancy 37.41%

I have Lenevo Thinkcentre. My system has been crashed as it is not starting.The whole system gets hang after showing the first ibm screen. The bios utility setup is not getting opened through access ibm button . In safe mode it shows that system BIOS and video BIOS is not working and it has been shadowed.sometimes the system gets started ,but after one minute ,it stucks and the whole system paused and nothing happens.It may be the virus attack on BIOS and it also changes the time and date configuration of BIOS. so what should i do .And how i can install BIOS driver to the system.

A:System and Video BIOS Shadowed

Hi, what makes you think that it may be a Bios virus?
List of rescue Cd's
http://www.techmixer.com/free-bootable-antivirus-rescue-cds-download-list/
Download onto a working pc - burn the ISO file to a DVD.
Use the rescue Cd on the non working pc.
======
But from what you are saying - a re-install of Xp may be your only option.
Or a repair install - read all info and warnings as a Repair Install does not always work.
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-and-video-bios-shadowed.1138579/
Relevancy 37.41%

While in XP I deleted a partiain that had Fedora on it. I was using GRUB to do multi-boot. When I rebooted XP it booted to the GRUB command line. I rebooted and hit F12 to try to get to system settings and after I chose system settings it went right back to the GRUB command line. I rebooted again and hit F2 to get to system settings and it went straight to the GRUB command line again.

I'm pretty sure I need to fix my MBR but, I can't change my settings to boot from my CD and I don't have a floppy drive.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 37.41%

/*SOLVED*/

I need to enable pci card video adapters and disable the onboard graphics adapter in my system BIOS, trouble is, I do not know where to locate the BIOS on my computer !

I have a Dell Dimension L866r running win. XP (neither home nor Prof.) using an Intel onboard graphics card. Im trying to install a Radeon 9250 pci card that i want to use.

I would be fine now if not for the fact that every 3 (and I counted !!!) Boot-ups windows fails to start and i have o plug my moniter back into the onboard slot and boot up in safe mode then restart the comp and plug the moniter back into my Radeon card. I would also like to know (if this is not solved by enabling it in the BIOS) how i would get the splash screen and the XP load up screen on my Radeon.

---Illidan

/*SOLVED*/

Relevancy 37.41%

I forgot my BIOS menu password. Now, I am getting error as"System Disabled" [68077127].

Solved!
View Solution.

A:System Disabled error in BIOS

Please try -  77955109    Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Disabled-error-in-BIOS/td-p/5830692
Relevancy 37.41%

On bootup, Gateway GP6-450 with Win 98 suddenly decides there is new hardware and therefore PnP creates an entry for "System board extension for PnP BIOS" under System Devices. The device status says: This device is causing a resource conflict (Code 15).

Removing the entry and re-booting (many times) has not stopped it being re-PnP'd. No changes to the BIOS can be found, no new hardware added, nor new software installed. This same problem was reported here back in 2001 but that thread has been "closed". Searching other sites provided many blind leads including re-adding in Control Panel, enabling/unenabling PnP OS setting in BIOS, and other seemingly unrelated (and unsuccessful) ploys.

In my 20+ years of Hardware and Software support, I've not encountered such a thorny problem. Any help?

Thanks in advance.

A:System board extension for PnP BIOS

It sounds like support for PNP OS in the BIOS may
have been disabled to avoid this problem when windows
was first installed.
A dead or dieing CMOS battery on the motherboard may
have caused the BIOS to reset to defaults and reactivated it.
Might want to change that cmos battery.
Instead of disabling PNP in the BIOS,you may want to try
changing the IRQ by double clicking the device in system devices
and click the resources tab.
Should be able to change the IRQ there and restart to see if it
corrects the problem.
Might have to try different IRQ's until you eliminate the conflict.
If you can't eliminate the problem that way,you would probably
have to disable support for PNP OS in the BIOS setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-board-extension-for-pnp-bios.801396/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi If you can please help me My computer shows starts up but all it shows is system starting and nothing BIOS Shadowed Video /System more it just sticks there Sometimes Video /System BIOS Shadowed if i press ESC the following is all it shows and nothing happens after that even if i press any key I even tried a new keyboard but the problem still remains the same I also disassembled and ran the mother board without anything and the same results Phoenix Trustedcorem tm Desktop SP for Thinkcentre Copyright - Phoenix Technologies Ltd Video /System BIOS Shadowed All Rights Reserved C COPYRIGHT LENOVO CORPORATION ALL RIGHTS RESERVED C COPYRIGHT IBM CORPORATION - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Portions Copyright - Intel Corporation NVIDIA NFORCE Copyright NVIDIA Corporation CPU AMD Sempron tm Processor K System RAM Passed M Extended RAM Passed KB L Cache System BIOS Shadowed Video BIOS Shadowed ATAPI CD-ROM HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GSA-H N Fixed Disk WDCWD JD- MSA Mouse initialized Press F for setup COMPUTER BRAND - Thinkcentre A -CTO But when he presses F it does not do anything Only thing left to do is restart and then you have only a few seconds before the keyboard stop responding Please help Thanking you in anticipation ultimate nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-system-bios-shadowed.967794/
Relevancy 37.41%

Each time I power on I am getting message "The system Bios recovery from error" Bios Recovery via Local media- it is now taking last time 53 minutes to correct errors. Need help with getting this fixed as it delays me to start my daily task each day

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/The-System-Bios-recovery-from-error/td-p/5667115
Relevancy 37.41%

How do I resolve this issue?

A:HP Notebook Bios System won't install

I have two questions for you. 1. Can you identify your notebook with its product name or product number?- see This HP web document if you don't how to locate the model number and\or product number. 2. Are you having a problem updating the BIOS by using a recommended HP BIOS softpaq? The way you posed the issue in the subject isn't quite clear.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Notebook-Bios-System-won-t-install/td-p/5674402
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, Tried to enter BIOS at G62 - system message 51378837Please help

A:HP G62 Bios password. System 51378837

@oxydester? Enter    44050219 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-G62-Bios-password-System-51378837/td-p/5663165
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi everyone i have been running my XP PC quite well for ages I then decided to install a second HD with the intention of putting the original Gig HD into a caddy to back up on Norton Ghost this is a ATA HD I removed the HD and installed my new Gig SATA HD reinstalled windows XP rebooted everything OK I then restored my back up and it will not now boot but if i swtch on my Caddy it then boots up OK ??? System HD, non Bios, files, bootable one strange thing the Gig with two partitions non bootable HD, Bios, System files, ??? is called D amp F and the new Gig HD with two partitions is C amp E i have formatted the Gig HD but it still has to be present to enable a Boot They are both present in the Bios the ATA is disk one the SATA is disk two I have installed windows with the caddy disk not present OK installed SP and it goes into tilt again unless the caddy non bootable HD, Bios, System files, ??? drive is present I would appreciate any advice thank you Phil

A:non bootable HD, Bios, System files, ???

Hi

To me it seems that the drive letter in the registry is the fault here. When you backed it up and restored it on the SATA, the primary master IDE boot drive was D: .. correct?

Now when you leave it as primary master and boot from the SATA drive, it is C: .. correct?

So unless you have it in a position where it's D: again, it won't boot. From experience, that's what I'm thinking. It will have to be D: drive to enable bootup, if the clone restore was a D: drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/non-bootable-hd-bios-system-files-167432.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Good day I have a problem with my computer It keeps on hanging on the bootscreen bios management microsoft system part so I tried to boot in safemode when i check the device manager to see if there s something that affects for my computer slowing I microsoft system management bios noticed that there s a yellow icon on quot microsoft system management quot and did a research on that until I get in this site I found out that my problem is different from the others here s the hijackthis log of my computer Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender updatesrv exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDockPlus ObjectDock exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDockPlus ObjectDockTray exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings Jim Davis Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Jim Davis Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Jim Davis Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C Documents and Settings Jim Davis Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FlashGetBHO - b d e -fec - d - e a- d eeb d b - C Documents and Settings Jim Davis Application Data FlashGetBHO FlashGetBHO dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Bitdefender Toolbar - FFDE - - F -B D-FC A F C - C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEToolbar dll O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup Stardock ObjectDock lnk C Program Files Stardock ObjectDockPlus ObjectDock exe O - Global Startup ram vbe O - Extra context menu item Download All By FlashGet - C Documents and Settings Jim Davis Application Data FlashGetBHO GetAllUrl htm O - Extra context menu item Download By FlashGet - C Documents and Settings Jim Davis Application Data FlashGetBHO GetUrl htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS... Read more

A:microsoft system management bios

We can't help with HJT logs here. This is the wrong forum. Regardless of your Windows version, HJT logs must be posted here: http://forums.techguy.org/54-virus-other-malware-removal/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-system-management-bios.1027512/
Relevancy 37.41%

I updated the BIOS on my Thinkpad R to what I believe is the latest version available prior to upgrading the RAM memory The computer runs on Windows XP and it did not have any problems until I upgraded the memory from K to Gb The first time I turned on the computer Windows started fine I tired to install a new USB wireless adapter and while running the installation wizzard shadowed System/Video BIOS the computer shut down and rebooted I got a beep and a message saying that something was wrong with my anti-virus Avast Windows did not start and the computer kept rebooting until I would turn System/Video BIOS shadowed it off by holding the power button for a few seconds Then I would get a black screen with messages reading quot passed quot for the memory and quot shadowed quot for both the system and the video BIOS Now I turn the computer on and It System/Video BIOS shadowed goes straight to the windows welcome screen displaying the icon of a user it does not show the black screen with the system information anymore When I click on the icon of the user it does not prompt for a password the computer was not set up to ask for a password to start windows It shows the desktop - without any icons - for a fraction of a second and then it goes back to the welcome screen The only alternative I have from there is to click the shut down button Your help will be appreciated nbsp

A:System/Video BIOS shadowed

Change the ram back to the 512 mb stick. And see if problem still occurs, if all goes back to normal, then the new ram is faulty. Remember to hold ram sticks by the edges and don't touch the chips - static electricity will kill the ram.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-video-bios-shadowed.1030375/
Relevancy 37.41%

Can someone explain to be the UEFI secure boot and can you still launch live cd's on it? From what i read about the UEFI options can be changed only after you are logged into your windows admin account? What are the advantages of UEFI compared to the old BIOS versions?
Thank

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630669/advantages-of-uefi-bios-system/