Windows Support Forum

Windows Updates showing never been updated message

Q: Windows Updates showing never been updated message

Please can someone offer some help and assistance As the title says I'm having an issue with Windows Update for Windows -Bit Home Premium Edition Basically this is my Dad's laptop which he mentioned to me that he was having an issue when trying to Shutdown the laptop - that it was constantly showing an update and take an absolute age to close down I ran an aanti-virus which came out clear I did a little research on the web and found that for the hanging update some guidance updated message been showing Updates Windows never to stop update in the in services msc and to delete 'Software Distribution' folder and deleted it and then restarted the service for the folder to be replicated So I expected Windows Updates showing never been updated message to see check for updates and updates to installed to say 'Never' However this was a couple of weeks back and my PC running on Windows had received an update in between so I expected the laptop to have also received one too I spoke to my Dad said his browser Internet Explorer was requesting a update for various sites This is when I went back to take a look on to the Windows Update screens both messages still saying 'Never' When trying to download the browser getting messages saying from Microsoft site saying some SP's and such is missing and when I have tried to manually make the Windows Update check for updates it just sits there checking for updates for hours and hours until you end up powering down the laptop My question would be how remedy this or reverse this - so to carry on with updates periodically as necessary and to update the browser too Or is there a known fix I have a tried Knowledge Base - KB that is suppose to help with slow updates but still showing the same message Apologies for the long message I just wanted to make sure I could give as much detail as necessary Also services msc for Windows what is the default Startuptype setting for Windows updates so far it has been set to 'Automatic' and still is Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Updates showing never been updated message

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Updates showing never been updated message

Still on IE8, definately means 200+ updates (including update to IE11).
Also from what you said hes still on W7 not W7 SP1.

Any chance you/he can run the MXdiag tool from here, and post the results
Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

Also would be handy to know what his Make/model of comp is and any AntiVirus .

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389876-windows-updates-showing-never-been-updated-message.html
Relevancy 62.35%

hi all, i've got an old PC here that i'm thinking of using as a streaming PC that'll stream music and movies. i just wanted to know if Windows XP was still being updated with security updates.

thanks for any help!

A:Is Windows XP still being updated with security updates?

Yes but they will end next Spring.

Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003
Support Ends April 8, 2014
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/endofsupport.aspx

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean

The 2 Tuesday of each month you have Updates.

So if your asking then I guess you have a whole lot of updates to get. Was 19 updates for XP on 7/9/2013

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-windows-xp-still-being-updated-with-security-updates.1105305/
Relevancy 61.06%

I keep getting the "NTVDM CPU has encountered and illegal instruction" every time windows update tries to run (wuauclt.exe) and updates won't install. This started after the new Windows UPdate Agent was installed around 6/14. No updates have installed since then, I just get the popup errors. I run several scans with Malwarebytes, Spybot, AVG and nothin was found. I ran the Fixit tool from MS and it indicated that there was a problem with windows update agent and the problem was fixed, but it still doesn't work. I'd love to reinstall windows update agent, but windows won't let me. Even the \wuforce command won't force a reinstall. Can anyone have any ideas?

A:updates won't install after windows update agent updated

Welcome to the forums blabay,

*Reset windows update settings by following this tutorial
Windows Update - Reset

*Uninstall Spybot & AVG replace with MSE do a full scan to get rid any virus
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

*Run SFC scannow 3 times Reboot if integrity violations are found
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Keep us posted for further suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/241030-updates-wont-install-after-windows-update-agent-updated.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have just installed the Windows Anniversary Edition to my HP Pavilion computer and on my HP Pavilion laptop but when I went to check for the Windows Updates under the Settings folder, the message comes up that there are updates and the fuel gauge is displayed but no install takes place (this happens on both computers). Any suggestions for a fix?
Bob

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435151-why-cant-i-get-windows-updates-download-recently-updated-anniversary-edition.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I don't know which specific updated but I managed to isolate the problem to my updates st let me say that I went from Windows bit to Windows bit using custom install and keeping Windows old Afterwords I went to install all updates and after everything was finished I noticed that my internet could only have limited access to my router I tried everthing disabling re-enabling deleting drivers and putting them back on putting the router into another slot on my mobo- nothing worked until I restored my computer back before I installed any updates After I did that I put back on the drivers and the internet worked again and my network could be fully accessed At st I assumed it was realtek drivers that windows update had me downloading so I blocked those from being updated and I updated again it blocked my network again So my question to you guys is off bit. Windows to Updated 64 blocking possibly connection. Updates internet Is there a Updated to Windows 64 bit. Updates possibly blocking off internet connection. specific known windows update that is notorious for blocking networks from being fully accessed What do you recommend I do

A:Updated to Windows 64 bit. Updates possibly blocking off internet connection.

There are no problems with Windows 7 x64 Windows Updates. 83 installed here including Office 2010 as of today.

Is Windows 7 x64 a full retail copy?
" " Activated and Validated?

www.microsoft.com/genuine

What anti-virus/ 3rd party firewall do you have installed?

Please provide the link to specific Realtek Windows 7 x64 Ethernet driver that you installed.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/updated-to-windows-64-bit-updates-possibly-blocking-off-internet-connection-537162.html
Relevancy 60.2%

New Re-Install of Windows after having Windows installed no driver for GMA on Windows Reinstalled Windows via manufacture recovery discs and usb dvd drive This machine originally came with a GB ssd which failed and was replaced with a GB SSD which it has been happily running Windows needed - not topic updated working please Updates Windows -fix Advice on for over a year installed from System image first time Now won t accept those images It originally came with Windows Starter Advice needed please -fix Windows Updates not working - updated topic which was upgraded to Home Premium via Anytime Upgrade I am not sure if the anytime upgrade will still work I still have the key though so am trying to get it set up and updated from original disks in Windows starter initially before attempting the upgrade The Machine is a Fizzbook Spin basically an Intel Classmate with touch screen and learning software Atom N Cedarview processor GB RAM year old boy is nagging me to get it fixed Installed from Manufacturer recovery discs has Service Pack Activated pre-installed Microsoft Security Essentials on connecting to Internet Installed ie to save it crashing during updates later No issues I have also tried without installing that it makes no difference Windows update not working constantly searching for a day Installed latest Windows update agent Windows update not working Disk check and scannow ok Ran Windows update fixit results below error code Installed Malwarebytes turned MSE and internet connection off and scanned with Malwarebytes Nothing found Uninstalled Malwarebytes turned MSE back on restarted internet connection Ran Windows update fixit again same results Tried turning Windows updates to Never rebooted and then re-set to automatic updates Windows update not working Downloaded latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver Unable to open file as it said needed Microsoft net Manually installed Microsoft net rebooted Uninstalled original RST driver in device manager it was reinstalled again Uninstalled original RST in Control Panel Programs which also removed driver Rebooted SSD drive recognised again and SSD drivers re-installed Device Manager showed RST driver replaced with Microsoft AHCI Serial ATA driver Ran Windows update and left it checking for updates for a few hours still searching Latest CBS file attached Any advice welcome please Should I now try installing the new RST driver Doesn t seem much point as the system recognises the SSD and I ve read the Microsoft driver is ok I did read on here somewhere that updating the RST driver sometimes fixed Windows update I also tried this SubINACL fix didn t work and machine wasn t working well afterwards so re-installed again Latest install done to points listed above https support microsoft com en-gb kb Or should I just give up leave it without updates install his games and music and just say he can t go on the internet he s restricted to websites anyway It will only run Windows due to the GMA driver which only works on Windows so no Windows and no Linux for it It was dual booted with Linux for a while but we got sick of the stretched screen on Linux We wanted him to have a Windows laptop rather than a tablet so he got to do some computing and learned to type and not just play games

A:Advice needed please -fix Windows Updates not working - updated topic

First of all I am no guru yet. I am a student trying to become a guru. The other day a friend reverted back from 10 to 7 for similar reasons as yours. Her problem was cannot access internet via wireless or hard wired. Once that was fixed (drivers and OEM software from OEM website), I could not get updates. I tried everything I could find from many sources with no success. Then I ran across a post somewhere that said they kicked of the check for updates and let it go over night. It searches for ever but when I returned in the morning it had a suggestion for a fix. I allowed the suggestion and all was well. Sorry I can't remember exactly what it was but if it comes to me i will post it. If all else fails give it a try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383647-advice-needed-please-fix-windows-updates-not-working-updated-topic.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have tried to solve this problem for 30 days. I shutdown my Windows 7 Home Premium. When I try to reboot using my F 1 key on my screen there is a( 4 x 4 ) Message Block.

It says Step 1. Mode Setting
( X) Select the environment
Choose the settings mode you want
(x) In Store ( is checked ) ( Home ) is unchecked

( X ) Enter ( is selected ) ( Home ) I cannot install text to select home

I try to reboot my computer using the F 1 Key ( rapidly hitting the key ) on start up but I cannot bring up where I can select ( Home )

Thanks gosports1

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396760-windows-updated-about-30-days-ago-new-message-screen-start-up.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,

Could someone help me out with this question. Is there a program that will run on your computer to check if Windows XP is in need of any critical updates or updated patches? By the way, not sure what patches mean. That will show you my computer IQ. If someone could assist me, it would be appreciated.

Adam

A:Program to check for critical updates and updated patches for Windows XP Service Pack

Hello Adam, Welcome to TSF!

If you go Start > Control Panel > Security Center > Automatic Updates > set the updates to Automatic (recommended) you should not have any problems obtaining updates (patches), because your system will do it for you in the background.

To check if you have missed any updates, go Start > All Programs > Windows Updates (It's located on the top left of the All Programs screen) > follow the on-screen prompts.

Try these two methods and post back with the results.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/program-to-check-for-critical-updates-and-updated-patches-for-windows-xp-service-pack-300603.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Guys nbsp Windows nbsp security updates does not download if showing N number of updates it won't download and the downloading shows life forever lt o p gt lt o p gt This problem has found in nbsp Windows Ent nbsp and nbsp Windows Ent SP nbsp in clean formatted PC with windows Activated and Domain not joined Tried on several PCs and either it won't ever start or it will be showing or updates but it it with Windows of if & won't number showing download, 7 not never download 0% does downloading available, progress ends N updates updates won t ever download Domain joined PCs have different story because GP options are enforced There is no WSUS or patch management software yet on network nbsp lt o p gt lt o p gt I am purely looking for an answer for this problem of Windows Update either not initiating at all if ever it is showing number of updates to be installed it never them downloaded and downloading screen with activity is running forever Please share any experiences and solutions If there is a KB about it please refer nbsp lt o p gt lt o p gt Any or all help is appreciated Regards lt o p gt lt o p gt Mughal Windows 7 updates does not download, if showing N number of updates available, it won't download & downloading never ends with 0% progress lt o p gt lt o p Windows 7 updates does not download, if showing N number of updates available, it won't download & downloading never ends with 0% progress gt MCTS MCITP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cf2dd72-0acc-4d7e-acab-320e5a303db4/windows-7-updates-does-not-download-if-showing-n-number-of-updates-available-it-wont-download?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 56.33%

I don't know what's happenening. But this last Windows Update notification (10 September week) is not showing any updates for me. 6 updates but what updates??

Check it:

What's wrong?

A:Windows Update not showing any updates

Hi try clicking " Restore hidden updates" which can be seen in your screenshots.
If that does not work follow this : Windows Update - Reset
If your problem still occurs Try pressing "change settings" under windows update change it to never check for updates, then press ok. Next change it back to recommended settings, always check.... and so on, then press ok.
Please provide feedback, with how this goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/252545-windows-update-not-showing-any-updates.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Just finished cleaning some things out from this post http www bleepingcomputer com forums t various-infections Things are Cant Updates up/ Install IE8 Windows not showing working fine except cant update windows Windows Update website is showing no updates no optional updates only optional hardware ones Also cant Install IE it fails I explained on the other thread I'l copy and paste I tried to install IE but it failed Said that an update failed to install and that I should install it manually It linked me to thishttp www microsoft com downloads details displaylang enI tried to install this but received an error Windows Updates not showing up/ Cant Install IE8 message saying that the service pack I have installed is newer then this update Any idea or should I move this to the xp forums I do I think Windows Updates not showing up/ Cant Install IE8 No updates are shown on Windows Update website using the Custom option Restore Hidden Updates button is greyed out In light of this I installed Installer still no luck Not really Im guessing if updates were done perhaps they were done through Automatic Updates Under the Windows Update History it only showed the windows update agent I tried to reset windows update components using the Fix It fromhttp support microsoft com kb Used both options Still no luck and now under Update History on the windows update website it no longer shows the windows update agent Thanks in advance

A:Windows Updates not showing up/ Cant Install IE8

System manufacturer and model?Did you try to install IE8 from your desktop?http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-...wide-sites.aspxClick your O/S and select the desktop as the destination.I can't help you with WUS problems, I just work around them rather than try to understand them.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/327726/windows-updates-not-showing-up-cant-install-ie8/
Relevancy 55.9%

I've been facing this issue lately on this new OS.
Previously on W7 & W8 the updates categorized into 2 column (Important & Optional) where we can select the updates individually and download/install. This way I can get some optional drivers for memory card, printers & etc.

I couldn't find this option in W10. I choose to ignore it but my antivirus keep notifying me that optional downloads are available. I did click the "Run System Updates" but it navigates to System > Update & Security > Message and shows "System is up to date".

Sometimes it only updates the critical updates. The rest (Recommended & Optional) ignored/not notified on windows updates.
Anyone facing this issue? Able to solve? Please help.

A:Windows 10 Optional Updates not downloading/showing

Having this same concern. I too am using ESET Smart Sec. I just wish the Windows update was the same back then in windows 7 where you can see recommended/optional updates for drivers.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/24819-windows-10-optional-updates-not-downloading-showing.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I've recently built a computer with the aid of my friend with Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) installed back in mid August. During this 2 month period I've noticed that Windows hasn't informed be about any updates and whenever I go to check for updates, it says to restart the computer. Another thing to note is that my copy of Windows 7 was bought back in 2011 and has not been used since then.

Asides from this, I also got a notification regarding my copy of Windows 7 isn't genuine even though I bought it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A:Copy of Windows 7 Ultimate isn't showing updates

Let's check the non-genuine problem first...
Please follow this tutorial and post an MGADiag report - then we can see what the problem is.

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

Ignore errors produced when clicking on the Copy button - they simply mean that the tool could not create the backup files for some reason. The data is still copied to the clipboard for pasting to your response.

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/howt...spx#PCPurchase

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/382683-copy-windows-7-ultimate-isnt-showing-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently made a new fresh install of Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I was using it already, but had to format and reinstall, so everything is new and clean.

I have noticed something strange in windows update: optional driver updates for some devices (such as my monitor or the realtek network adapter) are no longer available and they are not showing in the available optional updates list. They seem to work ok but they are displayed in device manager using the generic microsoft drivers.

For example, whenever a new network adapter driver was available, I used to receive a windows update notification telling me that new Realtek drivers were available. Now they are not showing anymore.

Settings for Windows update are "check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them" and "include recommended updates" is ticked.

A:Driver updates not showing in Windows Update

Did you install SP1? It is possible that the updated SP1 files are more recent than the previously shown drivers in WU.

Also, I have noticed that WU never includes the most recent driver available for a system, just usually an older one that is fully compatible with your OS - I noticed this time and time again with nVidia drivers, for example, WU wants to install 169.25, whereas the newest driver version is actually 170.16....

Hen in doubt, I go with the latest drivers from the hardware manufacturer's site as opposed ot Windows Update.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/161029-driver-updates-not-showing-windows-update.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My HD on my Toshiba Satellite M -S went bad so Windows showing update available No important updates I reinstalled a new one and used the Toshiba System recovery DVDs to restore my laptop back to the factory condition Windows Windows update showing No important updates available Home Premium bit Initially Windows Update showed important updates to which I was able to download and install without any problems But now Windows Update refuses to show any additional important updates IE SP Windows update showing No important updates available etc and states quot No important updates available quot I came across the following thread on Toshiba's forum but the recommendations there did not help either - After Restoring to New Hard Disk No Windows Updat - TOSHIBA FORUMS I tried the following Made sure the Windows install was genuine and activated Installed the Intel Rapid Storage Tech driver dated from toshibas website Installed Hot Fix as recommended on Toshiba's forum Ran the SURT Ran a SFC Scan no errors found I've uploaded a few screenshots as well as the CBS folder I had to split up files in the CBS folder across multiples ZIP files as it exceeded the file size for posting in the forum I'm at a total loss and have no clue on how to update my machine and any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Windows update showing No important updates available

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file
I can see no problems in either the CBS or CheckSUR logs (haven't looked through the history yet, though)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289297-windows-update-showing-no-important-updates-available.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey there for about a week my laptop hasn't been detecting my Memory Stick properly It appears under the device manager in the quot drivers USB not showing devices updated up, certain Other devices certain USB devices not showing up, drivers updated quot subset The same happens with my iPod as I discovered today but not my USB mouse Note the symbol Double clicking enters the following menu Something is wrong for the drivers are almost definitely fully updated - it worked find up to a week ago Also it doesn't pick up certain USB devices not showing up, drivers updated on my custom name for the memory stick The stick works fine on other computers and other memory sticks aren't working with my laptop If I follow through the menus and update the driver it says no drivers can be found and if I uninstall the device the same happens when I remove and insert it again Exactly the same screens happen with my iPod Any suggestions I've tried putting it up to my university tech support who are baffled by it and I've no idea what to do Kind of urgent as I've got a project due in a week or so and it'll be important to transfer files from uni computers to my laptop also sorry if this is in the wrong forum - I was unsure where to post it

A:certain USB devices not showing up, drivers updated

Welcome to the forum!

First, do you have a restore point before this started? If not, could try USBDeview: View any installed/connected USB device on your system

Uninstall everything and reboot. Things should re-install properly when you plug them back in if you have proper drivers installed. If not, a more serious problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57720-certain-usb-devices-not-showing-up-drivers-updated.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi.
Yesterday i updated my Windows 10 and after that i uninstalled these apps that i don't use but it still shows updates for them:

I rebooted my system multiple times since then but no luck. Is there any way to hide these?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/58502-windows-store-showing-updates-uninstalled-apps.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Ive had a few problems of late, but my windows updates dont work, they have been looking for updates for the past 24 hours, ive done the CBS thing and have this on my desktop now ....... any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383783-windows-updates-stuck-cannot-find-anything-no-errors-showing.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey all,

I am trying to uninstall IE10.  When I go to control panel, program and features, installed updates, the Microsoft Windows section does not show up.  The only sections I can see are Adobe Reader XI, Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (10),
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (7), and Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (36).  I have no idea why it isn't showing the Microsoft Windows section, but any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks,
Cgxbaffle
PS - I am an admin on the system.  I also took it off the domain and logged in as a local admin.  Same results.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/af45fff0-d2aa-4092-a213-e90f8fd0ebe9/microsoft-windows-section-is-not-showing-up-in-installed-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 54.61%

I ve always used windows movie maker to make videos using clips that I take from a point and shoot camera The files are AVI and MTS I ve never had problems before Then I installed the latest window update which quot upgraded quot to a quot better quot version of movie maker Since the update I get little yellow error signs in my video clips different after errors HELP! I Maker Movie windows updates. showing installed clips every time - not like just one is defective and it says I must remove the defective videos before I can save the movie to a DVD When I click on help it says there is a problem with the codecs On a seperate similar note - I am not able to open photos that were shot in RAW and the computer won t let me download the codec for RAW All this codec crap happened after the windows update PLEASE HELP I want my videos and pictures of my baby What codecs are needed How do I get them AARRGG nbsp

A:Movie Maker showing errors after I installed windows updates. HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/movie-maker-showing-errors-after-i-installed-windows-updates-help.973865/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
I installed office 2013 with SP1, on Windows 8.1 update 1.
Office version is 15.0.4569.1506.
But Windows update is showing Service Pack 1 for Office is available for download.

Is it a fault? How to determine my office is with SP1? How to tell windows update that office has SP1?

A:Windows update is showing wrong updates for Office 2013SP1

What is the KB number?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/50851-windows-update-showing-wrong-updates-office-2013sp1.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I don't know where to put this, sorry if it's in the wrong forum.

After I just recently updated vista (wish I never did!) my external hard drive hasn't shown up since. I updated about the weekend I guess. The updates caused so many problems. I was lucky enough to get my sound back!

A:my external hard drive is not showing up after i updated vista

Hey Vistasucks,

Welcome to the forum,
Check that the usb drivers are properly installed,
Also when I have had this problem before I have found that it helps if the drive is left connected and switched on while doing a new start

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/189625-my-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-after-i-updated-vista.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all, I have a vista machine which has a mapped drive on our server 2003.

The problem is it doesn't show any files that are upated while the other XP machines sees it instantly once there is any changes in the drive.

Any advice?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/179577/vista-not-showing-updated-files-on-server-2003/
Relevancy 53.75%

Dear Sir,

I am a new member to this tech support forum. I have got some problem with my win xp. it shows the error message lssas.exe unable to locate component. Application has failed to start because samlib.dll is not found.

I would like to have some remedial measures and I also do not want to loose my data from the PC.

An early action is requested.

Thanks

A:windows xp showing error message lssas.exe and samlib.dll

Hi Welcome to TSF

take a look here
SAMLIB.dll is missing

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-showing-error-message-lssas-exe-and-samlib-dll-641362.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 installed. It was purchased from Office Max in October 2010. Never had any problems until two weeks ago when a rogue message showed up in the lower right-corner of the screen telling me my copy of Windows was not authentic. I have the COA attached to the bottom of my computer with the product key, etc.

Might there be a new virus out that is causing this to happen? With that said, my ability to download any MS updates is now gone when up until this time I had downloaded every important and critical update recommended by MS.

A:Not an authentic copy of Windows message just started showing up

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
- **in your own thread**, please
Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
How to Tell - Home

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/207497-not-authentic-copy-windows-message-just-started-showing-up.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,

Through a C program, I am trying to read data(UDP packet) from port number 68 of my Linux machine using the function 'recvfrom' i.e

char data[342];
int sid = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM,0);
recvfrom(sid,data,342,0,NULL,NULL);

'ethereal' is showing the incoming packet, but not the function 'recvfrom'.

->dhclient is already running on port number 68.

Updated : for the above code i was getting an error (11,EAGAIN).Even after killing the process 'dhclient' running on port 68, and then running my code, probelm remains same.

Could you please tell me reason for this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-def-updated-ethereal-is-showing-packet-but-not-the-recvfrom-function.661401/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am trying to create a message rule in Windows Live Mail Desktop. For example, I want a rule to automatically place any email from Pay Pal, to a folder I created named Pay Pal. But when I chose the option "specified folder", only the Outbox shows up as a list of folder options to move this to.

Is this happening for anyone else? What could be the problem?

A:Windows Live Mail - Message Rules, Folders not showing

Hi

Tools>message rules>mail>message is from specified account>move to specified folder

I think that you forgot to check where it is from a specified account.

I have wlm, if you give me step by step of what you are doing I know I can work it out for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/67715-windows-live-mail-message-rules-folders-not-showing.html
Relevancy 53.32%

when i start windows xp and try to run yahoo messenger after logging into my account, with in 10seconds a message box appears on the screen showing that "the systm is shutting down. please save all the work in progressand logoff. any unsaved data will be lost. this shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\ SYSTEM.

the system process D:\windows\system32\lsass.exe terminated unexpectedlywith status code -1073741819. the system will now shuttdown and restart.

A:windows xp is shutting down showing the message 'lsass.exe' is terminated unexpectly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-is-shutting-down-showing-the-message-lsass-exe-is-terminated-unexpectly.415764/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
Any idea why the contents of certain emails I receive in Windows Live Mail are displayed ok whereas the same email received via Outlook and Mail for Windows 10 shows only in part, are aligned way to the right of the screen, and so cannot be viewed in full.
Any work around?
Thanks,
Pete
===========

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/62366-mail-windows-only-showing-part-incoming-email-message.html
Relevancy 53.32%

{I did post to the correct section but didn't receive a reply so far}
Hi,
Any idea why the contents of certain emails I receive in Windows Live Mail are displayed ok whereas the same email received via Mail for Windows 10 shows only in part, are aligned way to the right of the screen, and so cannot be viewed in full.
Any work around?
See attached pics.
Thanks,
Pete

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/62509-mail-windows-only-showing-part-incoming-email-message.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Yep, this is what I was working on in that thread in Random. If all goes well, this thread will automatically be "bumped" within a half hour or so of Spybot being updated. Probably has some bugs to iron out, so don't rely on it too much just yet.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I've recently reformatted my computer and installed Windows 2000 professional. Now, I keep getting this error message whenever I try to install any windows updates:

"the system cannot find the file specified"

(I have been getting similar error messages when installing other applications as well)

I have no idea what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 52.03%

My PC often asks me to install updates when they are avaliable. They are all just the basic Security and what not updates. Under my previous registry keys, I noticed some activities were not working properly and I couldnt run some programs or install some updates fully. Yesterday, I followed the process found on the Microsoft website and installed an updated version of the registry keys. However, now when I click to install ready updates on my PC, I get an entire list saying that it was unable to install the updates. Under the keys I thought were bad, I could only NOT install 1-2 updates at the most. Now however with the new keys, I am unable to install any! Whats up with that? Should I find a way to go back to the previous version of the keys using a system restore or something?

A:Updated my Registry keys but now cant install updates!

You should always back up your registry before editing/updating/replacing to prevent problems like this. I'm afraid there's no quick fix that I know of.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/updated-my-registry-keys-but-now-cant-install-updates-218300.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi im having some trouble checking for updates i was looking around this forum & i saw that some one had the same problem and they though it was the trustedinstraller.exe.... im asking if someone can upload this file for me....

im running windows vista 32 bits :D thanks for the support =)

Relevancy 51.17%

I think this problem I'm having has as much or more to do with Windows as it does with the iPhone That's why I'm posting it here but I've also posted it to the Apple Support Community hoping somebody somewhere knows how to fix this Just a little background I've had quot ownership issues quot with certain files on my computer and I'm pretty sure this is causing message ios new getting now my - updated to Just iPhone error the problem I've posted about this ownership issue before on here but was never able to resolve the general issue In this instance I would be content with a solution to just this specific problem And by the way I've tried creating new user accounts to try to solve this and that just doesn't work for me Just updated my iPhone S to the new ios through itunes on my computer Now I'm getting this xE A error message This actually happened right after I updated while the phone was still connected to the computer It says quot iTunes could not connect to the iPhone An unknown error has occurred xE A quot On the phone it keeps popping up that annoying quot trust this computer quot box Just updated my iPhone to new ios - now getting error message This has happened to me before but the solutions I've used for this problem before don't work now I have Windows Ultimate N The usual solution found on the internet says to delete the Lockdown folder in C ProgramData Apple but this does not work for me In Just updated my iPhone to new ios - now getting error message fact that quot solution quot makes it worse as when I Just updated my iPhone to new ios - now getting error message do that the error message pops up immediately without even giving me the chance to try the quot validation quot step Thanks in advance for any help someone can give me

A:Just updated my iPhone to new ios - now getting error message

Have you tried pressing ok or yes?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/325725-just-updated-my-iphone-new-ios-now-getting-error-message.html
Relevancy 51.17%

whats up guys? im trying to install the update via tool that Microsoft has released cuz i did not get it through windows update. but when i do, i get the message that some files are corrupt and it could not complete. how can i fix this?

A:Anniversary Updated Corrupt message

So, what is the situation right now, can that failed update Windows still useable?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61960-anniversary-updated-corrupt-message.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello Yesterday after a prompt to install Adobe Acrobat and Flash Player updates my McAfee Protection informed me that my computer was at risk because my firewall had been disabled I went to my security center to re-activate the firewall and received the Windows error message x Specifically it says quot Windows firewall can t change some of your settings Error code x quot After some 0x80070424 message error Windows after updates Adobe searching around the web I found this thread in which it seems Windows error message 0x80070424 after Adobe updates like the user is having a very similar problem I was wondering if someone could walk me through a similar process to fix it and make sure its not a rootkit Thanks a-million -Ray DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Desperado at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exeC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exeC Windows system nvvsvc exeC Windows system FBAgent exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ASLDRSrv exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exeC Program Files x Bluetooth Suite adminservice exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Windows system mfevtps exeC Program Files x Microsoft BingBar SeaPort EXEC Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exeC Program Files Intel TurboBoost TurboBoost exeC ExpressGateUtil VAWinService exeC Windows system rundll exeC Windows system rundll exeC Windows SysWOW rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system taskhost exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files P G BatteryLife exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exeC Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exeC Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exeC Windows SysWOW ACEngSvr exeC Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXEC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files x Bluetooth Suite BtvStack exeC Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AthBtTray exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTAgent exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey KBFiltr exeC Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey WDC exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray ... Read more

A:Windows error message 0x80070424 after Adobe updates

And just FYI. I'm going to be out of town until Monday (4/16). Feel free to post what I should do and as soon as I get back I'll do that then reply. I just didn't want anybody to think I was blowing off their advice or got the problem fixed elsewhere. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449719/windows-error-message-0x80070424-after-adobe-updates/
Relevancy 51.17%

When I download and install the Windows XP Updates, I receive this message:

"Error creating process <C:\DOCUMENT~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\dahotfix.exe /q/n> Reason: The system cannot find the path specified."

I have no idea why it started doing this (for about a week now). The update still gets installed alright. I have read that hotfix is some type of utility for Windows NT. I performed a search of my hard drives and found one instance: c:\windows\dahotfix.log

Has anyone else ever seen this and if so, recommend the best way to solve it.

Thanks ahead for any assistance.

Joe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hotfix-error-message-when-downloading-windows-updates.196217/
Relevancy 51.17%

Good Day This the same Problem discriped by jserrata posted july Recently my desktop started getting an error stating quot Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute Please save your work now quot I tried running safe mode and disconnecting it from the internet but the errors keeps popping up causing the PC to restart before I could even back up any of my files This is my sisters Machine and it has been run for a Loop erro keep restarting Error everytime Restart Windows same Critical message Vista showing while with no anti virus protection Iam unable to start windows fire wall Unable to down load windows update unable to start Windows defender Ran malware bits and a few items were caught re-boot isue started when i Vista Critical Error Restart Loop Windows keep restarting showing same erro message everytime was able to load window esentail security it showed installer infections and a Trojan Infection But because of short time before reboot essential does not Vista Critical Error Restart Loop Windows keep restarting showing same erro message everytime have tome to finish I can not get auto restart to disable Start up in safe mode - still loops to restart I had used MSconfig to close startup programs and now i am not able to get msconfig to start up Machine is a -- Dell Inspiron S - Windows Vista SP - bit system Following other you have helped I have run a few of the requested steps With Flash Drive Run - Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x using Scan and services info below ---Scan --- Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from D Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run IgfxTray quot C Windows system igfxtray exe quot - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run HotKeysCmds quot C Windows system hkcmd exe quot - - Intel Corporation HKLM Run Persistence quot C Windows system igfxpers exe quot - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run x HKLM-x Run ApnUpdater quot C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe quot - - Ask HKLM-x Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot - - Sun Microsystems Inc HKU owner Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU owner Run SearchEngineProtection quot C Program Files x Gamesbar SearchEngineProtection exe quot - - Oberon Media HKU owner Run swg quot C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot - - Google Inc HKU owner Policies system DisableCMD HKU owner Policies system NoDispAppearancePage HKU owner Policies system NoDispBackgroundPage HKU owner Policies system NoDispSettingsPage Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Startup C Users All Users Start Menu Programs Startup Digital Line Detect lnk ShortcutTarget Digital Line Detect lnk - gt C Program Files x Digital Line Detect DLG exe Avanquest Software Services Whitelisted AGCoreService quot C Program Files AGI core AGCoreService exe quot - - AG Interactive Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler quot C Program Files x Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe quot - - Symantec Corporation avast Antivirus quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe quot - - AVAST Software LiveUpdate quot C Program Files x Symantec LiveUpdate LuComServer EXE quot - - Symantec Corporation MBAMService quot C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe quot - - Malwarebytes Corporation McComponentHostService quot C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan McCHSvc exe quot - - McAfee Inc MsMpSvc quot C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe quot - - Microsoft Corporation NisSrv quot C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe quot - - Microsoft Corporation Dr... Read more

A:Vista Critical Error Restart Loop Windows keep restarting showing same erro message everytime

Greetings And Welcome To The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it on the flash drive as fixlist.txt
Replace: C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-s..s-servicecontroller_31bf3856ad364e35_6.0.6002.18005_none_2d69d4f782c83d8c\services.exe C:\Windows\System32\services.exe
C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Desktop.ini
C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\Desktop.ini
C:\Windows\assembly\GAC\Desktop.ini
C:\Windows\Installer\{7faaaafa-cf14-2f74-3593-878a94dc601b}
C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\{7faaaafa-cf14-2f74-3593-878a94dc601b}
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating systemOn Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options.Run FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.The tool will make a log on the flash drive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.Gringo[/b]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467289/vista-critical-error-restart-loop-windows-keep-restarting-showing-same-erro-message-everytime/
Relevancy 50.74%
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys,

I had installed this mapping tool before applying all the Windows Updates and I got this Untrusted Certificate warning error as shown in the image.

Now, I had reinstalled Windows 10 and ran all the updates and then installed this tool which is a NON-Web version, meaning its a program that runs on the desktop but gathers all the mapping data from Bing Maps and so forth.
After when I launched it this time, that message DOES NOT appear now.

So clearly, it had something to do with a Windows Update that updates all Root Certificates.
But the issue is, I really need to know which update is it so next time I can install this Windows Update myself manually.

Anyone know?

Many thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64769-root-certificate-error-message-before-running-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Black screen with message "system BIOS firmware is being updated." Then after several minutes "clearing pending image" and not to disconnect, "block 156/156 progress 100%." I left it for hours and it never changed. I have completed the hard reset by removing battery and draining, but did not change. It does not respond to any resets or reboots I've tried. Completely inoperable.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-message-quot-system-BIOS-firmware-is-being/td-p/5756324
Relevancy 49.45%

i remember with windows xp and office you could go to a different part of the microsoft windows update website in Internet Explorer and it would prompt you with ActiveX to allow updates for Office and after you did that then when 2010 for update updates win7 not thru showing office windows office you went to the normal windows xp update site there would be a whole other section of updates for microsoft office available That was with office anyway i use a dell restore cd for windows professional on a dell pc obviously to install win from scratch I can do windows updates no problem I have microsoft office professional plus with a valid license key these are provided by my IT dept Office installs fine not showing office updates thru windows update for office 2010 win7 during the install i can go through the options and install excel powerpoint all shared tools and so on Once installed it works fine There is no service pack installed at this point From here not showing office updates thru windows update for office 2010 win7 if I go windows update I never see anything for office From within office Microsoft Word file menu help for example it shows office is activated and if i click on check for updates there it then not showing office updates thru windows update for office 2010 win7 opens an IE window which says updates can be done from start menu - programs - windows update If i do that it's a normal windows operating system update and I get nothing for office I have manually downloaded from microsoft Office SP and SP and have installed either one When i go to the help menu it then shows office SP so the service pack seems to have installed no problem But I still never see any updates for office from windows update what's the deal

A:not showing office updates thru windows update for office 2010 win7

You mean what's called Microsoft Update. If you go in to the settings in Windows Update, do you have this checked:

I have Office 2013 Pro Plus, but the click-to-run version which updates itself and is not part of Windows Update. But I don't think there's a click-to-run version for 2010 Pro Plus so that is probably not the issue here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/346784-not-showing-office-updates-thru-windows-update-office-2010-win7.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm sorry if this is on the wrong forum section.

Some weeks ago I activated my Windows 7 Ultimate 64b and it worked perfectly. But now my computer is nagging about my copy of windows not being genuine. This message keeps popping constantly since yesterday.

How can I make it disappear and never show up again?

A:"Your Windows isn't Genuine" how can I make this message stop showing?

The last time it happened to me - I removed the last few Windows Updates, and Windows became genuine again. Do you know if a few Windows Updates got in just before this message began appearing?

[By few WUs, I mean I ran a concocted batchfile, restarted, no more non-genuine problems. There can be a price to pay, one has to have current OS partition backups - just before the message would be best, 2nd best is just before running this can-be-caustic batchfile.]

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/396689-your-windows-isnt-genuine-how-can-i-make-message-stop-showing.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Windows Update error code appeared on September and message quot Windows can't check for updates quot I use Windows Vista Home basic bit Service Pack I tried almost all suggestions in Internet including these on Microsoft Web-page about this how to fix this message Windows Update 80070490 and can't for code updates" "Windows error check problem including Microsoft Fix It System Update Readiness Tool Windows Update Diagnostics DIAGCAB file and etc but the message Windows Update error code 80070490 and message "Windows can't check for updates" continue to appear The last successful update was on All updates made before and on September are written as quot successful Windows Update error code 80070490 and message "Windows can't check for updates" quot in quot Update history quot folder but when I open quot Installed Updates quot folder I don't see nothing and there is written quot No updates are installed on this computer quot which is strange because by this moment Windows Update was made automatically without any problems Please help me to fix the problem with this error code ps On of September I reinstalled Windows Update Software from Microsoft Web Page Microsoft Update and the notification message quot Windows can't check for updates quot from my taskbar dissapeared and never appeared again so i thought the problem is solved but yesterday evening October when i opened Widnows Update in my Control Panel and pressed quot Check for updates quot it started to seek for updates but after some time again showed me the same error code and the same message quot Windows could not search for new updates quot So it seems Windows still doesn't update no matter that i don't receive the error message on my taskbar anymore I asked for help also on Microsoft Community forum but didn't receive help Now I am really out of ideas what to do Today I used again the System Update Readiness Tool and the CheckSur file showed this Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB bf ad e x failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB bf ad e x failed to get Visibility Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS Registry Error Total count ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So it seems these registry errors are the reason why my pc can't check for updates Does anybody know how to fix these errors

A:Windows Update error code 80070490 and message "Windows can't check for updates"

Have you run a full scan with Malwarebytes and your anti-virus to make sure that's not an issue?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/301403-windows-update-error-code-80070490-message-windows-cant-check-updates.html
Relevancy 47.73%

For the past two or three months, at
least once per week, I get a notice
that there are updates for Microsoft
Office Outlook 2007 - which is not
even installed on any of my computers...

there are also updates for Bing - also
not installed on any of my computers.

Last, there are update notices for
Microsoft Security Essentials - Installed.

I uncheck and hide the update details
for Office and Bing and select MSE and
install it....

sometimes, the same day, I will get the
exact same notice for updates...

Sometimes, it's a couple of days later....

but, always the exact same updates...

How do I make this silly thing go away?

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

The same thing is happening on my
laptop - 7 - 32 bit
Second PC 7 Ultimate - 64 bit...

your assistance is greatly appreciated

Karen

A:Same updates showing up again and again and again

Hi,
Most of the updates your referring to are Optional/ Recommended,
Are there any Important updates repeating ?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/186275-windows-update-fix-repeatedly-offered-update.html
On the windows update setting page Uncheck the box to give you recommended updates the same as Important ones,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2797-windows-update-settings-change.html
With the exception to MSE which releases several updates per day but the KB# should always be different,
Fix Windows Update Error messages and other Windows Update issues
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/326554-same-updates-showing-up-again-again-again.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Anyone keep getting these ?

They`ve shown up for a few days now, say they install successfully, but sure enough, they show up again.

And what ticks me off is, I don`t even use IE11

Thank You

A:These 2 updates keep showing up.

Hey Brian,

I'd say just hide them for now to stop seeing them as available.

Windows Update - Hide or Restore Hidden Updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365800-these-2-updates-keep-showing-up.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I was fully updated but today when I checked for updates after a week or so (which I always do manually), updates KB973688 and KB954430 are showing up.

Last time I checked there was nothing available, I've not installed anything since then, and now I get important updates from the beginning of time? How is this possible?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/396441-updates-2011-showing-up-out-nowhere.html
Relevancy 46.44%

How can I get Windows update to find new updates for Office 2007? I've set automatic update to never/manual and unchecked "give reccomended same way as important". Yet, when I click "find updates", there are no items for Office 2007. This is a new install of O2007 btw, wth just the SP3 applied, nothing else.

This is someone else's screen shot. My system only shows two options, none of which involve other MS products...

(Btw, I have installed all other updates up till this month, so I'm pretty sure my update agent is up to date, just that it's not showing all four of those options)

A:Office 2007 updates not showing

Thought I hijack this thread rather than create a new one, but I just did a clean install of 7 and installed office 07, but I am having the same problem. I am not given the option for microsoft updates at all. I've never had this problem before. Is there something that I installed incorrectly perhaps? I do a custom install of office and only use word and excel and leave the other office tools, but I may have accidentally turned something off. Could that be a reason?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/367405-office-2007-updates-not-showing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

So I used to have Office 2007. I completely removed it, i'm talking using windows installer cleanup, deleting registry files, every program file related to it in so many places on my computer. Then I installed 2010 beta.

But three updates for Office 2007 keep showing up in Windows Update. its one for the junk email filter and two other security updates. I know I can hide them, and I did that, but in the back of my mind, hiding isn't good enough for me. Its bugging me that I can't make it so they won't show up anymore. Any Ideas?

A:Office 2007 Updates keep showing up..

just go ahead and let them install . Since office 2010 is still beta it may use some 2007 files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64264-office-2007-updates-keep-showing-up.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am running XP(3) and IE8. When I get message that I have updates and I run update manager the help section says to keep from downloading a single download file to check the "do not show me this file again" and it will be hidden from downloads. The problem is that that message does not appear anywhere in the detail section or right clicking. I mean NOWHERE! Is there something in options that could turn this function on or off? There are many times I don't want to download and install all the Express choices it picks. Any help on this anyone? Paul

Relevancy 46.44%

Have a Toshiba laptop for a few years now. Just noticed that the last windows security updates I recieved were in July. I have gotten several windows updates to intall but they were for Windows Office only. Have done the show hidden and check for updates but it says everything is up to date. Did a fixit program I found from microsoft and it says everything was fine. Any ideas on what to try next.

A:Security updates no longer showing up

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data.
ALso
Please download the Farbar Service Scanner from

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/

Right-click on the saved file and select 'Run as Administrator', and tick all the options, then click on the Scan button - copy and paste the report to your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/312292-security-updates-no-longer-showing-up.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i need to unistall?

A:unistall updates showing error

What were you attempting to uninstall - and why?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/360367-unistall-updates-showing-error.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey nbsp I have nbsp HP Pavilion showing support not assistant while Custom... hp updates any HP -n ej x PC ENERGY STAR and i have problems and issues with my laptop ever since I've updated to windows Whenever I turn my laptop to sleep mode and then I turn it on again - it has serious hp support assistant not showing any updates while HP Custom... nbsp network and wireless issues and in general its wifi connection isn't very stable to say the least I have a lot more tiny problems since I've updated as I mentioned such as the brightness buttons that often hp support assistant not showing any updates while HP Custom... switch themseleves between low and high notification nbsp pop ups on the left side showing up twice or more upon inserting a disk-on-key just an example nbsp etc nbsp If you think you know where did all these problems come from will be glad if you share that info - nbsp In an effort to solve these issues I've used your HP Support Assistant to check if what drivers are missing Didn't find anything Then today nbsp I searched your forum on myself nbsp in order to find something that can help me on this matter and i find out this nbsp nbsp http support hp com us-en drivers selfservice hp-pavilion- -n -x -pc-series model nbsp On this site it says that I have plenty of drivers and other stuff that I have to install in order to fix my problems but - as I've mentioned - nbsp on the 'HP nbsp Support Assistant' that is installed on my laptop it shows that there are no updates even when I refresh it again and again nbsp Which of them should I trust nbsp I hope you'll know how to solve my problems because they really disturb and intrupt to my daily use of nbsp the laptop nbsp Thanks nbsp Harel nbsp

A:hp support assistant not showing any updates while HP Custom...

Hi Harel, Could you please check " +Event Log " or " + Action Log " under Updates menu in HP Support Assistant? Thanks,  

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-support-assistant-not-showing-any-updates-while-HP/td-p/5605440
Relevancy 46.01%

Windows says all my drivers are up to date. But for example i was going to install the Intel WiDi and said that my wireless driver needs to be updated. What are the chances that its just different type of driver it needs or the worst part a lot of my drivers are not up to date?

A:Driver updates showing up to date but doesn't look like it

HP laptops some with an HP utility that allows you to check for newer drivers from HP -- don't know if yours does, but you should check for that.

The only way to tell is to see if (1) your laptop supplier has newer version drivers for your OS, and (2) the hardware suppliers for your components have newer drivers.

I would not trust any of these online services that claim to check your drivers -- mostly, they just want your money to install the same thing your already have, or worse, the wrong drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71015-driver-updates-showing-up-date-but-doesnt-look-like.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Previous topic here http www bleepingcomputer com ON showing Auto Updates CiceroWndFrame Off when and virus? forums topic html OBHi all i think i might be infected with the above virus obviously you will be better judges than me Please CiceroWndFrame virus? and Auto Updates Off when showing ON help me with how to solve my issues with the PC I have already run a Malbytes anti-malware full scan with nothing found and also done a full scan on Avast anti virus with nothing found either When i shutdown i get a window with closing CiceroWndFrame virus? and Auto Updates Off when showing ON the cicirowndframe or something like that plus the automatic updates is showing as Off although when you goto change settings they already say ON Many ThanksPlease follow the instructions in gt This Guide lt If you cannot complete a step skip it and continue Then post your DDS and GMER logs as a reply to this topic Once you have done that I will remove my reply and consolidate the posts so that you retain your correct place in the queue If you can produce at least some of the logs then please explain what happens when you try to create the log s that you couldn t get If you cannot produce any of the logs then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep Guide were unable to create the logs and describe what happens when you try to create the logs I managed to create the DDS logs but when trying to run GMER it just restarted the computer each time i followed the guide to the letter stopped cd emulation etc Here are the DDS logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by HomeXP at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW Sygate Personal Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exesvchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files a-squared Free a service exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS system FsUsbExService ExeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings HomeXP Desktop Virus Solving dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexploreuInternet Settings ProxyOverride uSearchURL Default hxxp uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su http uk search yahoo com uURLSearchHooks SweetIM For Internet Explorer bc ffe -de f- fa-b -aad b f - c program files macrogaming sweetimbarforie toolbar dlluURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllBHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllBHO Yahoo IE Services Button bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c progra yahoo common yiesrvc... Read more

A:CiceroWndFrame virus? and Auto Updates Off when showing ON

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393326/cicerowndframe-virus-and-auto-updates-off-when-showing-on/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I'm getting hopelessly confused by the fact that I have changed my password online (Microsoft Account) but now when I log in on my PC it says wrong password and won't log me in automatically.
I have tried the tutorial here but it throws me off after I fill in the new password. Besides this is the wrong window to change the stored password for my PC.

Microsoft Account Password - Change or Reset in Windows 8

I also found another window where I thought I had changed the stored password but it didn't work.

EDIT:
Went to useraccounts2 or something and changed it! SOLVED

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58627-window-password-updated-online-hasnt-updated-auto-login.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When I turn on my computer the"Windows could not check for updates automatically" message has been appearing for about six weeks It also says click here to check for updates now.
I click and the message tells me to restart to install most recent updates.
It lists my most recent updates as 11/14/12.
Yet when I check for my Windows Update History, all my updates are current thru today's date.

Why does this message always appear about Windows failing to update automatically, yet when I look at my updates they are all current?

A:"Windows could not check for updates automatically" message

Open Windows Update
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Never Update...'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Now open Windows update again
Click on Change Settings
Select 'Update automatically'
Click OK
exit Windows Update
Open Windows Update, and do a manual Check for Updates.
Then follow the instructions in Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/271650-windows-could-not-check-updates-automatically-message.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When I go to click something, 70% of the time, the option stays.
And you can see a shadow which is on top of everything.

This will now stay here until I turn my laptop off.

Any way to fix this?

Thanks.

A:Stuck Message showing?

Is this a new laptop you are trying to get up and running for the first time ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/222735-stuck-message-showing.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

After copying files and folders from a corrupt user profile to a new user profile, I commenced setting up WLM for two webmail accounts and a POP3 account.

Everything appeared to be ok (webmail accounts are fine) and WLM started to download my POP3 messages. All of the headers and subject lines are fine yet there doesn't appear to be any message content.

WLM - Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3538.0513)

Any ideas?

A:WLM not showing message content.

If you mean in the preview pane.
WLM>view>reading pane
Click on the view that you want and make sure the last box is checked.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/295602-wlm-not-showing-message-content.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all I hope I can find some answers as I have been searching through Google for half the day Background Windows XP Home SP Client machine came in infected with a Fake Alert and bundled with it was a TDSS Rootkit The client was running AVG Free and the paid version of SuperAntiSpyware SAS caught part of the infection and prompted the client to reboot their computer upon the reboot they experienced a BSOD STOP C A I used the saved copies of the registry from inside the system restore folder from a couple days earlier and was able to get the machine up and running Installed MBAM Showing Center Updates Security Automatic Off Turned and ran a full scan Clean TDSSKiller scan detected Security Center Showing Automatic Updates Turned Off no Rootkits but did find a TDSS File System and it was quarantined Customer had outdated version of AVG Free updated and experienced issues with the resident shield not starting Uninstalled AVG and replaced with Microsoft Security Essentials Full Scan with MSE - No threats detected AVG Rescue CD Full Scan - threat detected inside System restore chkdsk several times to repair broken indexes and recover lost files During this process I have rebooted the machine a few times each time after a reboot the security center reports Automatic Updates are turned of Inspection of the service through services msc shows the service as disabled Now whats funny is that I can set the service to automatic and start the service and Security Center Showing Automatic Updates Turned Off it will operate normally until the next reboot then I have to go through the process again I thought it might be a Group Policy setting but that s not available in Home Edition To troubleshoot the issue I have completed the following -Reregistered the DLL Files -Ran the FixIt from Microsoft which found issues and fixed them but didnt report what they were -tried to install the windows update agent but wouldnt take because it was already installed -Reset all Services to their default startup states via a registry file found on the web -checked the machine again for Rootkits using TDSSKiller and Blacklight - Nothing found and as a last ditch resort I ran ComboFix with my fingers crossed that it would find what I wasn t able to Log file shows quot other deletions quot but nothing of to much importance from what I could tell And advice would be greatly appreciated I m sure the answer is in front of my face but I just cant see it

A:Security Center Showing Automatic Updates Turned Off

Hi -First - Can you back up / store anything important on the machine to CD or Flash drives ??Try sfc /scannow , and failing that do a repair install of the O/S -All I can think of for now -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/451698/security-center-showing-automatic-updates-turned-off/
Relevancy 45.58%

HP 250 G4 Notebook; Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz; System BIOS F.21; Windows 10 Home 64-bit HP Support Assistant Updates Action log is showing:- HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) as "Postponed until: 15/08/2016" even though the date today is 17/08/2016 and I have actually installed the BIOS update. Any ideas how to correct this. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Support-Assistant-Updates-Action-log-is-showing-incorrect/td-p/5729284
Relevancy 45.58%

i updated the other day, and after it was done it asked for a restart. i restarted it and when it came back up it said it needed to restart. i continued what i was doing and when i was done restarted the computer. this has been going on for several days.

After the restart it still wants a restart!!

the update was an upgrade to windows 10 home, version 1511,10586

A:Updates keep showing as 'require restart to finish installing

Could you post a screenshot of your Windows Update history please? (bottom option)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/46415-updates-keep-showing-require-restart-finish-installing.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My comp in startup before windows loads shows:

1 week ago:
PLease wait for IDE Scan:
Device 1: Not Connected
Device 2: Not Connected
Device 3: Not Connected
Device 4: Not Connected

Now:
PLease wait for IDE Scan: (loads 4 times more slower)
Device 1: Dvd-cd UMdb2
Device 2: Dvram Umdb4
Device 3: Not Connected
Device 4: Not Connected

and it has now a strange noise (not a big noise but just a strange) one person suggested me that maybe is a graphic card defect
is this true?

A:Showing message PLease wait for IDE Scan

Not much information provided here. Hard to imagine what your rig is all about. New installs anywhere? New O.S.? When did this start? If you have the recovery disc (original Windows installation disc) you can run that and hopefully recover some semblance of a working program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/showing-message-please-wait-for-ide-scan.88574/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am using a toshiba satelitte laptop computer. This message will pop up randomly when using my laptop could anyone tell me what it means or how to get rid of it???

(message title) EVR Fullscreen Window: Bad Image

(contents) Exception Processing Message 0xc000007b Parameters 0x75C6023C
0x75C6023C 0x75C6023C 0x75C6023C

A:System is showing an unfamiliar pop up message

do you use wireless dj streampoint software with windows vista?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-is-showing-an-unfamiliar-pop-up-message.111934/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I'm a newbie, perhaps this question has been asked/answered but I cannot find it. Here is my issue

My Outlook Express 6 shows the 'paper clip' attachment icon with every message received in my inbox. I have 5 computers, I copy OE files (now using GoodSync) when I'm working on a different computer (approx every 2 weeks). The other computers do not have this problem - just my main desktop grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I hope you can help me.... and thank you for taking the time to read this - I appreciate it!

A:OE showing attach icon with every message

tools/options/security...uncheck the box the affects attachments

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/oe-showing-attach-icon-with-every-message-149130.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
Can someone tell why when I open my yahoo mail with Firefox this message 204 come up? It is a pink bar with with a black triangle with a exclamation mark. I have try to find out what it means...
My Mail
Yahoo &#57346;
No messages to display
&#57414;Error Close

Go to Yahoo Mail

A:Why is Yahoo mail showing me this message?

Hi

Is this the same computer as this one:

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1135834-my-computer-has-been-hacked.html

If it is, I'll close this for now, as it may be related.

I'll wait till your reply before I do

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-is-yahoo-mail-showing-me-this-message.1135936/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi

Everytime i start windows live mail, even if i selected sort by date as usual,
it started to display messages the wrong way every time i start it.

In fact, the headerview scrollbar shouldn't be on top (actual situation) but on the bottom,
so i can automatically see the last received message without needing to scroll all down
everytime i start wlm.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I don't know if anyone can help but I have been having problems with downloading the newest update. I keep getting this error message, the game itself keeps freezing on me also any help would be appreciated .

Relevancy 45.15%

I had no problem with my iPhone 5 I just got the 6. I updated iTunes but when I plug my phone in it says I need to update my iTunes. I am on a Mac 10.7.5.

A:iTunes is updated wont connect to iPhone til updated

it might be a case of going through the motions. click checking for the itunes update to resolve it.. "Check for updates" its going to say iTunes isnt up to date. but Download iTunes from Apple and see if everything syncs ok

beyond this, even a new phone will respond to updates or the latest upgrades. latest imo was el capitain on the Mac app store.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-is-updated-wont-connect-to-iphone-til-updated.1171819/
Relevancy 45.15%

When I run the WUShowHide tool, it lists drivers that are not listed in the main WU interface. Even if there are no updates in WU at all and it says it's completely up to date, WUShowHide still lists some - things like Intel SMBus and memory controller drivers. Why is that?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59627-wushowhide-tool-showing-driver-updates-arent-listed-wu.html
Relevancy 44.72%

The first two posts did not show the message body I apologize for the posts if it was due to my ineptness I am using Win XP Pro SP on a laptop that has all of the updates I haven t used Windows to burn a cd for over months I noticed today that the burn options were not showing up any longer I checked the DVD CD-R RW properties and notice the recording tab was not there I Googled the problem and checked the registry for the settings in the drive type line They were correct IMAPI cd-burning services was started and set Tab (Prior Posts CD Not Recorder Message) Showing to manual I stopped it rebooted then started it CD Recorder Tab (Prior Posts Not Showing Message) and rebooted Record tab is still not showing and recording with xp not working I can burn using Nero and the cd drive label shows it is a DVD CD-R RW Somehow I lost the ability for Windows to burn CDs Media Player will burn as will third party software I would appreciate any suggestions as to the cause and fix for my problem I am spyware and virus clean I have used regedit and regseeker in the past I have posted to Microsoft Newsgroups but so far not a lot CD Recorder Tab (Prior Posts Not Showing Message) of response with the exception of one helpful fellow It does not appear to be a widespread problem Jerry nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-recorder-tab-prior-posts-not-showing-message.428753/
Relevancy 44.72%

when i starts my computer an error message is showing as below, please give a solution
script: c:\users\sana\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\windows\Start Menu\programs\Startup\600.js
Line: 1
Error: Unterminated string constant
code: 800A03F7
source: Microsoft JScript compilation error

A:showing error message when system starts

There is a java script setup to run on start up, is this something you created and added to the start up?

See if you can find it in the start up programs list> Disable and Enable Windows 7 Startup Programs - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/showing-error-message-when-system-starts-707201.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I think this is a conficker c virus i have heard of and never saw it before...this is what, my cousin's computer is not showing the desktop and this Moderator Edit: I have removed the suggestion of profanity you had here,,,,please refrain from post profanity even with **** as it will be removed and count against you and may result in being banned virus message had filled up the screen, is askign me download some antiviruses..nothing is even working at all. i have to turn the computer off and try resetting to default, but that not working since i don't have XP cd..I need help now, it's been a while since my cousin reported this problem to me, i have tried my best but failled...so now i neeed your help Viruses expert.

Relevancy 44.72%

I've got a problem with PowerTab Editor 1.7 .It went just fine until a week ago.I have no idea what the problem is.I've tried every malware scanning ( as much as i could ).But it seems to be the only software that have a problem. Others are just fine.
I try to run it while viewing the processes at Task Manager , PTEditor.exe just shows up and then disappears.
I reinstalled it but it didn't work either.
Please help me. I do need this program.
Thank you.
My OS is Windows XP Home edition SP1.

Relevancy 44.72%

hello ,
i have win8.1 and sfc /scannow i ran as admin and it gave me this msg

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

the system file repair changes will take effect after the next reboot .

AFter this msg i did reboot (it updated and rebooted twice )and ran sfc /scannow again it gave me the same msg. its happening after win8.1 update which i did two days back. Also i have disabled turned off windows system restore. i tried even dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. but then again it gave me the same msg: the system file repair changes will take effect after the next reboot .

is there any way i can set it right ?

Note : please dont tell me to do refresh as i have games installed runing half the way

A:sfc /scannow is showing the error message in win8.1 ?

Run this batch file---

dism.bat

Download it & right click it & choose Properties & Unblock it & then right click it & choose Run as administrator.
It takes abot 2 hours to finish.
Post back with results.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/55818-sfc-scannow-showing-error-message-win8-1-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hey ...

My pc with windows xp sp 3 .when opening word and xl files it s showing the message " c:/documents "name" is already open. you cannot open two files with the same name . do you want to copy the file "
I dont have the duplicate copy of the file .
deleted all temp files and restarted .
it was having trojens and virus . after removing it using Trendmicro AV virus got removed but the problem is persisting .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/word-and-xl-files-showing-error-message-399921.html
Relevancy 44.29%

OS Build: 10.0.14926.1000. is it just me or others have these issues as well?
my phone keeps reseting itself and not recognizing my SIM, keyboard doesn't show up, Wifi keeps disconnecting and....

A:my win10 phone updated and it seems it updated uncompletely

You are on the fast ring of the insiders build, I suggest you sign up and post in the relevant area of the board rather than using the question service.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439867-my-win10-phone-updated-seems-updated-uncompletely.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My PC keeps crashing i look through my devices and checked the drivers but most likely missed some i have attached the dump files and hopefully someone can tell whats going wrong. The dump files were just after a BAD_POOL_CALLER but was not long after a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. i have also had a driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD. I would be very thankful if someone could help me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519618/my-pc-keeps-crashing-with-a-bcod-showing-the-message-bad-pool-caller-or-system-s/
Relevancy 43.86%

I just installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on an HP Envy m6 laptop. I went to check for updates due to the fact that this laptop originally had Windows 8.1. Windows updates just keeping Checking for updates with the green progress bar keeps turning and
turning. I had this problem awhile back and there is an issue with two KB files which are windows update agents but I did not write them down. Does anybody have that information?
Thanking you in advance,
Dennis Sturgill

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0de5f859-9f60-4f37-bd1d-5b321bf9fc00/after-fresh-install-of-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-then-running-windows-updates-it-just-keeps?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 43.86%

windows not showing my disk partitions please help and it is showing my partitions like in the screenshot, please help me my all the memories in life are in those disks

A:windows not showing my disk partitions please help and it is showing

As the screen says,it shows all the partitions

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378059-windows-not-showing-my-disk-partitions-please-help-showing.html
Relevancy 43.86%

For the past day windows wants to install the same updates over and over I have windows update set to download and let me choose when to install I can't understand why I even need them as I uninstalled net framework Notice how the update at AM KB is the same as one of the updates every for for 7 updates time it checks same updates updates Windows installed at PM Windows 7 updates same for updates every time it checks for updates Windows wants to install the same four kb files again How do I stop this Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Installation date PM Installation status Successful Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Installation date PM Installation status Successful Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Installation date PM Installation status Successful Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Installation date PM Installation status Successful Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework on XP Server Vista Windows Server Server R for x KB Installation date AM Installation status Successful

A:Windows 7 updates same for updates every time it checks for updates

See if you can System Restore to before Net Framework 4 was installed and then Hide it when it is again offered in Updates.

But be aware that some programs will need it and may not prompt you of this leaving you to guess why they are not installing or performing correctly. For this reason I always install it.

So you might want to reinstall it using its standalone installer since it may not have uninstalled correctly anyway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/235871-windows-7-updates-same-updates-every-time-checks-updates.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a user on Windows NT using Outlok 98 who randomly gets double or quadruple of the same message when people send her an update for a calendar appointment.
The appointments are not in her personal calendar but she looks after someone else's so i don't know if that could be anything to do with it?
Cheers.
Paul

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-updates-for-one-message.304665/
Relevancy 43%

I got this error today after the windows updates. this is my first time to have any issues with the updates.

I'm not that familiar with win 7 updates so please give me the instructions to follow. Like where to find a certain area if I had to delete something. It's a new computer and I haven't had any issues yet so I haven't had to locate certain 'working areas' to fix stuff like I had to do with win xp.

Can someone help me ASAP?

A:After updates - this error message

these are the updates left to do. Do I install all of these?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/160318-after-updates-error-message.html
Relevancy 43%

Since I upgraded to windows 10, I keep getting the now very well known message 'we could not complete the upgrades... and I end up in what appears to to be never ending restart loop.Have tried solutions but without any success.  Any help on this irritating issue, please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/We-could-not-complete-the-updates-message/td-p/5699611
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys Getting so frustrated as I don t know much about computers tech talk and I have a ton of uni work to do Anyway I use a HP Pavilion G series laptop Pavilion G it starts up perfectly normal leave it minutes to start up and to load once I ve opened up whatever it is I am doing e g Microsoft Word Doc Google YouTube Facebook - not all at once - I get the Blue Screen with the stop message of A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent further damage to your 0x00000116 Series Laptop G Blue PLEASE Screen HP HELP! stop Pavilion showing message computer Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps HP Pavilion G Series Laptop showing Blue Screen stop message 0x00000116 PLEASE HELP! Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue diable or remove any new installed hardware of software Disable BIO memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x xFFFFFA B F E xFFFFF AC C x x atikmpag sys - Address FFFFF AC C base at FFFFF ABB datestamp e ea d It s happened times in the last hours I ve uninstalled any recently downloaded software in case it s harmful and I ve just done a windows update following the message that popped up on my screen which prompted me to restart my computer in order to complete the updates Please help someone who hasn t a clue about tech-y stuff Much appreciated x nbsp

A:HP Pavilion G Series Laptop showing Blue Screen stop message 0x00000116 PLEASE HELP!

1. welcome to Tech Support Guy
2. Open the windows folder
open the minidump folder
right click on the latest dump file in that folder
hold your mouse on the entry send to
on the next options that open will likely be send to compressed file
if you left click that it will usually ask do you wish to place on desktop
then attach it on your reply by clicking go advanced and manage attachments
3. What OS please in full eg windows 7 / 8 / 8.1
and which antivirus please
I've uninstalled any recently downloaded software in case it's harmful Click to expand...

such as please - why would you opine that it may be harmful
All I have is what you tell me so I need the details please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-g-series-laptop-showing-blue-screen-stop-message-0x00000116-please-help.1146985/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all,

Just joined so thought I would kick things off with a question of clarification .

I currently working in a call center and a load of our machines on the floor and back office keep getting this annoying message pop up:

To me this doesn't look like the normal windows update prompt, could this be something third party or malicious?

A:Annoying automatic updates message

Welcome to TSF!

It looks to be third party. Wait until you get one of the messages again, open Task Manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc), look under the Application tab for a window titled "Automatic Updates". Right click on it and select Go To Process. You will be taken to a specific entry in the Processes tab.

Note down its name, then right click on it > Properties. Look under the Location entry of the Properties dialog.

Now you should definitely know which application it comes from. If you still don't however, just send us this data and we will try to ID it for you.

Richard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/annoying-automatic-updates-message-692406.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a friend which has Vista, just installed SP1 ( I know a bit behind), now they get a message every time they boot "configuring updates stage 3 0f 3 - 0% complete" After few minutes it disappears and laptop boots into Vista.

I know about the reboot loop issue, but this one appears to boot, just the delay and the message.

The pending xml has been deleted, but the message continues.

I am thinking of installing SP2, but am hesitant to do so.

Anyone ever seen this behavior before? What to do.

Thanks to all who reply.

A:configuring updates stage 3 0f 3 message

I would do a system restore from before the update and then try again. It is not installed properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/86599-configuring-updates-stage-3-0f-3-message.html
Relevancy 42.57%

HI a little while for get saying a message Hp Suppo... updates have pending you I back I upgraded to Windows Anniversary update things I get a message saying you have pending updates for Hp Suppo... went fine for me I did keep hp Support Assisant on my desktop computer during the Windows Anniversary update process nbsp I finally decided one day to check hp Support Assisant to make sure that I had the lastestet version nbsp So I went into Hp Support Assisant and clicked on about and clicked on the button check for lastest version then a window came up saying that I had pending updates for Hp Support Assisant would I like to apply them Yes or No nbsp I pushed on the yes button nbsp After the updates download and install and hp support assisant shuts down and the tempary files are deled then hp support Assisant will restart and go back to the start page nbsp Everything appears to be working fine downloading with Green circles and white check marks with the above catagories nbsp nbsp I guesss the reason I am asking for help is because for days and days now when I go to about in hp support assisant and click on check for lastest version I keep getting this message You have pending updates for hp support Assisant would you like to apply them Yes or No nbsp I would like to now how many pending updates will I have to apply for hp support Assisant before I see no updates are available for hp support Assisant nbsp here is some information that might be helpful below nbsp Hp Supportt Assisant program file version How can make sure I have the lastest version of Support Assisant on my desktop computer Hp Support Assisant Patch FrameWork Configuration Files nbsp nbsp I would also like to now is their an easyier way that I could apply all the pending updates for hp support Assisant for Windows home Edition bit operating system nbsp Thanks for your time and your help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/I-get-a-message-saying-you-have-pending-updates-for-Hp/td-p/5743057
Relevancy 42.14%

The message "Working on updates 12%" has been hanging on the screen for the last 12 hours on my desktop pc.

I had the same problem, though at a different point in the update process, with my laptop.

I had to abandon the update on my laptop and reinstall.

Do I have to go through all that a gain with my Desktop?

I'm very frustrated and thinking of reverting to Windows 7.

Does anyone have some suggestions to correct the stalled update procedure.

Many thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64766-windows-10-update-update-screen-message-working-updates-12-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have been trying to download the updates but an error page pops up saying that I dont have permission and that I need an Administrator. I have Windows ME. Any ideas?