Windows Support Forum

Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown

Q: Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown

I have read multiple threads from this website and others with no real answer on how to fix this issue so I apologize for starting another thread about it The web is littered with so many people still having this issue I just recently updated I then created a boot disk and performed a clean install I use a Razor Black Widow Ultimate keyboard and a Logitech G x laser mouse I can reboot I can shut down and restart and everything seems to work fine But after leaving the pc off all night and start in the morning I have no mouse or keyboard This has happened Saturday morning Sunday morning and yet again today Fortunately I have Acronis backup of keyboard working and shutdown period Mouse of being after long pc stop my install so when this happens Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown I just re-image the Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown hard drive and start searching for solutions again Any thoughts on how to fix this problem I have the latest Logitech mouse drivers and running Razor Synapse for keyboard software The latest thing I have done is disable fast boot but have not had it shut down long enough to see if it fixes the issue thanks mw

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Mouse and keyboard stop working after long period of pc being shutdown

Here is a list of things I have done in hopes of fixing this issue:
disable legacy USB in bios
disabled fast boot
installed latest Intel chipset
installed latest set point drivers

are any of the above a waste of time or is anything above one of the suggested fixes?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38008-mouse-keyboard-stop-working-after-long-period-pc-being-shutdown.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi,
I run windows vista ultimate, Whenever I reboot and reach the login screen, I can neither use my mouse or keyboard
but when I shutdown and then turn back on it is working just fine!!!
Why can't I reboot? Help me please, It was working fine when I was using Windows XP!

A:Why do my keyboard and mouse stop working after reboot but not shutdown?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-my-keyboard-and-mouse-stop-working-after-reboot-but-not-shutdown.804966/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi everyone,

I have a BSOD once after a long period where the PC has been shut down (1-2 hours+). After that the PC will work without any problems for the rest of the day. I tried safe mode after a long shutdown and it works fine. Memtest and Western Digital HDD Diagnostic came out clean.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Full Retail Copy
Hardware is around 8-9months old
Current OS intallation is about a week old

Not sure if I zipped the required files correctly, first time I tried it

Thanks in advance

A:BSOD once after long period shutdown

Hello and welcome to Seven Forums,

I would first uninstall AVG - including Identity Protection. AVG and third party anti-virus can cause conflicts and cause BSOD. Once you're done removing AVG, use this removal tool to remove all the left overs: AVG - Download tools

Use Microsoft Security Essentials as replacement: http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Next, update this 2005 ASUS Driver (read the note for the instruction)

Quote:
fffff880`03f47000 fffff880`03f4f000 ASACPI ASACPI.sys Mon Mar 28 15:30:36 2005 (42476C4C)

Quote:
The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- download_item_mkt
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit " (it's about the 8th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8003ae4400, fffffa8003ae4400, fffffa8003aa4400}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a56 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, the pool freelist is corrupt.
Arg2: fffffa8003ae4400, the pool entry being checked.
Arg3: fffffa8003ae4400, the read back flink freelist value (should be the same as 2).
Arg4: fffffa8003aa4400, the read back blink freelist value (should be the same as 2).

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_3

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000340ad6f to fffff800032d7740

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07ec7228 fffff800`0340ad6f : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`03ae4400 fffffa80`03ae4400 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`07ec7230 fffff800`035eeda5 : fffff880`00000002 fffff880`07ec75e8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0xa56
fffff880`07ec7320 fffff800`035d2ab5 : 00000000`00000002 fffff880`07ec7410 00000000`04000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!MiCreateDataFileMap+0x5d
fffff880`07ec7390 fffff800`035c8013 : fffff880`07ec75f0 00000000`00000000 fffff880`07ec7698 fffff880`07ec75e8 : nt!MmCreateSection+0x5e9
fffff880`07ec75a0 fffff800`03734a23 : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0770a2e8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!NtCreateSection+0x162
fffff880`07ec7620 fffff800`03734fb1 : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0770a2e8 fffffa80`06de0a10 fffff880`00000060 : nt!PfpFileBuildReadSupport+0x163
fffff880`07ec7710 fffff800`0373d0ce : fffff8a0`00000000 fffff8a0`00000003 fffff8a0`00000061 00000000`00000001 : nt!PfpPrefetchFilesTrickle+0x121
fffff880`07ec7810 fffff800`0373dc67 : 00000000`000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/141163-bsod-once-after-long-period-shutdown.html
Relevancy 86.43%

After about 1 minute the mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until I left click mouse. Tool bar on browser also greys out but comes back after left click. Video and sound also are choppy. Not sure if this is related. Flash keeps crashing. Any ideas whats wrong? Windows 7 pro. Asus desktop. This occurs on Firefox, Chrome and IE. This seemed to start after Microsoft update and Flash updates

A:Mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until left click of mouse

Hello mpmckee,

First run Antivirus, Malware, and Spyware scans. Remove anything the programs find.

Note: if you need some suggestions on which tools to use, let me know.

Afterwards, test functionally of mouse and keyboard.

If no change, run System Restore, choose a Restore point before the issue started.

Again test behavior of mouse and keyboard.

If the issue has been resolved, go ahead and reinstall windows Updates.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307791-mouse-scroll-keyboard-stop-working-until-left-click-mouse.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Anyone,

I have a HP AMD 64 phenon quad core 6gig ram nvidia 8600 512mb graphics card, using windows vista 64 bit ultimate.

Issue: Everytime I power down my PC for any length of time IEvernight. When I power the PC back on it starts to boot up then just before it gets into windows i experience a crash dump screen(Blue screen of Death), and then it want to boot up in safe mode. I have tried everything possible to correct this and I am looking for more help on this in any way possible. Other then this small issue everything else is working great. Just hate leaving the PC on all the time to avoid seeing the crash duump screen over and over.

A:vista64 crashes after long period of shutdown

Please tell us exactly where in the boot process that you get the BSOD. Does the Windows splash screen show up, does the logon page show up?

Also, please navigate to C:\Windows\Mindump, zip up the files there and upload the .zip file in your next post. If you can't zip them up there, copy them to your Desktop and try it there.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238270-vista64-crashes-after-long-period-shutdown.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Keyboard and mouse stop working Hi I m having some major problems with my Dell Dimension which runs on AND working 0X0000007B Keyboard mouse STOP and stop Windows XP It all started with some files found and replaced during chkdsk My PC was working fine yesterday but today when I turned it on the problem started At first everything is okay Then after the initial Windows page the screen goes black and a gray bar appears at the bottom At this point the keyboard and mouse shut Keyboard and mouse stop working AND STOP 0X0000007B off lights go off and stop working Once the gray bar has finished loading - seconds windows continues to start as usual The only problem is when I get to the log in screen where I have multiple user accounts I cannot choose one to log on with because Keyboard and mouse stop working AND STOP 0X0000007B the keyboard and mouse do not work I have tried unplugging them and putting them in the USB slot instead but to no avail I cannot run safemode or anything because the same login screen comes up I tried hitting F initially and ran hard drive diagnostics which gave me the alarming result quot Drive ST AS - FAIL - Return Code Drive No device quot Drive my CD drive diagnostics not supported Drive my DVD drive diagnostics not supported Any Suggestions Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Keyboard and mouse stop working AND STOP 0X0000007B

Please follow the steps here for the Stop 0x0000007B error: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

As you will note, one cause can be a boot sector virus.

Return Code 7 can indicate hard drive failure. Drive 0 is the hard drive.

As for CHKDSK replacing files and causing this problem, it's not likely. Even IF you check both options- fix file system errors and scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors, it didn't 'cause' the problem, it just made it more evident.

Backup everything you do not want to lose and consider replacing the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-mouse-stop-working-and-stop-0x0000007b.109557/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey everyone I had quite the confusing issue on my hands I believe it to be hardware related but i could be wrong I had recently built a system and installed Windows on for on Computer time if long login of period restarts shutdown it Everything appeared to work flawlessly The only issue is if the computer is off for an extended period of time thinking around hours it will reboot itself before it can enter the login screen although it does make it to the loading screen After a lot of troubleshooting i realized that simply flipping the switch on and off on the back of the power supply will allow it to boot into Computer restarts on login if shutdown for long period of time windows fine Also using the repair utility on windows will let me boot in fine too without reseting the power supply manually i believe I thought it may have been a power supply issue but i have replaced it with a higher wattage high end one and the issue still occurs The Ram is checking out OK too The only thing i can think of is that there is an issue with the motherboard I assume when the system is off the motherboard still has power since the keyboard light remains on It seems i need to kill the power to the board completely Or maybe this is a Windows issue since its relatively new The fact that this only occurs if the system is off for hours really puzzles me Besides this one error the system runs beautifully I am really at a loss here Any help would be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%

Hi this is my first time posting here in this forum because I am in desperate need of help on my computer My computer startup, shut power of after long shutdown random period off BSOD on gets at least ONCE BSOD every time I turn it on after a long period of shutdown It also sometimes randomly just shuts off or give me additional BSODs It has got to the BSOD after long period of shutdown on startup, random power shut off point that I can't even load to windows recently which lead me to reformat my computer I know the drivers here are not the latest ones I am trying to use only the drivers from the CDs that came with the hardwares because the last time I used all the latest ones it still caused BSODs I am not sure what other information I need to post up Please help with any advices possible very much appreciated Windows Ultimate x - fresh reformat ASUS M A TD Pro AMD Athlon II X Ghz Socket AM W Crucial GB DDR - PC MT JTF AZ- G H It's a x GB set but I'm just using once at the moment to filter out problems SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR Western Digital Caviar Black GB RPM SATA Antec Trupower W

A:BSOD after long period of shutdown on startup, random power shut off

Download and install the new version ofDriver Sweeper
Download the most recent software\driver for your ati AMD Graphics Drivers & Software
Uninstall ati software\driver,restart in safe mode,run driver sweeper,choose only AMD-Display andclean,restart in normal mode.
Install the new ati software\driver,restart.

Update DirectX

Read carefully the instructions and run http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/160729-
nvidia-amd-video-card-test-occt.html post here the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202159-bsod-after-long-period-shutdown-startup-random-power-shut-off.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I'm not too used to computers and stuff, but every once in a while, my desktop will become hot and my mouse and keyboard would stop working. They're still connected to the pc and are still being powered but none of the buttons work. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the heat but it's just really weird. It mostly happens when playing games.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

A:Keyboard And Mouse Stop Working

You didn't tell us anything about this computer, other than it is a desktop and runs W8.1.

What are the temps? Is the interior clean of heat trapping dust? Are all fans spinning? Have you scanned for malware? With what?

It sounds like your computer is locking up - a common heat related symptom.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/66904-keyboard-mouse-stop-working.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi,

I am having a problem with my keyboard and mouse not working on my laptop ASUS G2S. It works post Windows Boot Up. It stops working at the logon or welcome screen for windows XP. I can still enter the BIOS as the keyboard and mouse work fine pre windows load. I can get the mouse to work with a USB mouse but I do not have a USB Keyboard atm. The computer did not crash at all to lead up to this I just restarted the computer and ran into this problem. I have also tried booting into safe mode but run into the same program. I do not have the ASUS recovery DVD with me as it is at school and I am at home for a week or so. If you need any other information let me know! Thanks for your help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-and-mouse-stop-working-317135.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hey guys Yesterday I had a warning from kaspersky saying it had found and deleted a tojan Ok so it was gone but since my keyboard and mouse just stop working when they feel like it the strange thing though is the mouse will still move around just wont make any tooltips appear or click on anything and the keyboard wont type yet the shortcuts will still work for eg ctrl stop and mouse working! keyboard alt del the windows logo key and ctrl shift esc are the ones i tried so far and they all work and bring the correct things up WHen it happens I keyboard and mouse stop working! have to restart and it is ok I will post a HJT log and smitfraud fix log in a couple of mins Hope You can help Kind Regards Anthony EDIT Just noticed that I cannot click on anything other than the window open EDIT HJT log below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost keyboard and mouse stop working! exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE E Applications Kaspersky avp exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE E Applications Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system DRIVERS WtSrv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe C Program Files LClock LClock exe E Applications Kaspersky avp exe C WINDOWS system WService EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE E APPLIC MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Anthony Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google co uk O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe quot - AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader Audio Emulator AudDrvEm dll quot O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE O - HKLM Run LClock C Program Files LClock LClock exe O - HKLM Run AVP quot E Applications Kaspersky avp exe quot O - HKLM Run WService WService EXE O - HKLM Run CTRegRun C WINDOWS CTRegRun EXE O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk O - Extra context menu item Add to Anti-Banner - E Applications Kaspersky ie banner deny htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res E A... Read more

A:keyboard and mouse stop working!

Try running: SFC /SCANNOW

It is a system file checker (SFC), which will check your Windows files and replace missing and corrupted files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-stop-working.527412/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi.
Sorry for my English.

I have dell optiplex 390 computer. I used it for 6 month without having problem. But now i have problem on keyboard and mouse. Every time turn on the computer it work correctly for 2 or 3 minutes. After that it stop responding. First I thought it have problem with OS. Then I installed windows. But now also it happen as before. When it happen I change the port that mouse and keyboard are connected. Then it again work for 2 or 3 minutes and stop working. I check whether the port I used before can used for other devices so I insert USB flash drive. It detected. So I am confuse what the real problem is. I hope will get your help soon.

Thanks.

A:Keyboard and mouse stop working.

No replay yet??? So bad

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/235108-keyboard-mouse-stop-working.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Well my mouse and keyboard stop working on the start up,when it says windows in starting when i comes to logging on i cant my mouse and KB is just Locked how do i fix this

A:My Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working

Quote: Originally Posted by Girby2K9

Well my mouse and keyboard stop working on the start up,when it says windows in starting when i comes to logging on i cant my mouse and KB is just Locked how do i fix this

I think your mouse just caused my printer to stop working

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/64843-my-mouse-keyboard-stop-working.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I'm using Window 7, 64bit

I removed a file call Kuirkbdfltr.sys because it is causing BSOD, now my mouse and keyboard stop working. They work fine in BIOS and I can get into safe mode but keyboard and mouse still won't work in window.

I need to find a way to put Kuirkbdfltr.sys back from my recycle bin or restore window 7 to earlier setting without the usage of keyboard and mouse.

I have tried different usb port with multiple mouse/wacom tab/keyboard and the window tried to automatically reinstall driver but they still won't work.

Any idea?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-stop-working.1123528/
Relevancy 83.42%

I did a fresh install from the Windows 7 Professional 64 bit that was supplied with the computer.  The load was perfect.  All Microsoft updates were installed except the one that nags about Windows 10.  After loading the wrong Brother printer, I uninstalled that printer.  On the very next boot, the USB mouse and keyboard were both frozen.  Moving them to different USB ports did no good.  Several different models of mouse and keyboard didn't work.  I tried the latest chipset and USB 3.0 drivers from HP's website.  Nothing.  The computer will shut down properly by pressing the power button.  This has happened on 3 of my 23 new computers.  Any thoughts?  Maybe a firmware update?  

A:USB Keyboard & Mouse Stop Working

I forgot to mention that I'm working from images.  I have stages of the installation for just this reason.  That's why I'm able to try different things on different computers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/USB-Keyboard-amp-Mouse-Stop-Working/td-p/5695581
Relevancy 83.42%

I am supposed to be using my computer for work in a couple weeks and they needed me to uninstall my kaspersky software and get windows essentials so I used the kaspersky uninstaller found on their website and it looked like it uninstalled the program but the uninstaller kept running for some reason so I closed it and downloaded windows essentials and tried running that It ran for a while and fed PLZ! working HELP Keyboard and Mouse stop me back an error saying I had another windows installer running on my computer and so I decided to Keyboard and Mouse stop working HELP PLZ! restart my computer When I went to do that I saw I had some windows updates that had downloaded so I told them to install I then left and when I got back to start up my computer it ran the last of the install for the windows updates and booted fully into windows but my keyboard and mouse no longer work at all I tried to hook up a PS keyboard and mouse but that still did not work I tried booting into all the versions of safe mode but still the same problem The keyboard and mouse and all my USB plugs seem to work just fine while navigating through stuff right up until my computer fully boots into windows I have tried boot repair but it says nothing needs repairing and I tried to run a system restore as well The system restore point was earlier in the day right before it installed the quot critical update quot but when I run it it goes for a while then feeds back a hex error telling me that one or more files could not be restored Please please please help me I have run out of ideas and really need this fixed without formatting if at all possible

A:Keyboard and Mouse stop working HELP PLZ!

Hi did you shut down the computer then plug in the ps/2 mouse and reboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-and-mouse-stop-working-help-plz-747897.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Mouse and keyboard (both are wired) stop working (hanging) while using. Once I changed mouse, after that for a period of four months no issues but now its starts again. I can?t save any file while facing this issue. Now it is more frequent and daily more than five times. Many of the times while browsing it happens. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Mouse-and-Keyboard-stop-working/td-p/5796835
Relevancy 82.99%

Anyway this is a brand new APU build I've only had the computer for a few days now anytime I try and play Dayz for STOP any while for period, playing BSOD long/short game 0xA0000001 example after a good amount of time it will just BSOD on me after a restart and lets say you try and launch the game again BSOD while playing any game for long/short period, STOP 0xA0000001 it will BSOD during the loading process If you try and run lets say two games at once it'll BSOD after a little while I have a strong feeling it's a heat issue with the stock heatsink and I have a evo coming Monday so I would hope that would be the cause but to make sure I rather ask some other people I know for a fact this stock heatsink isn't able to cool this chip because you can check Core Temp or Speecy and the chip is at around C which of course you panic and kind of lay off of it for a little bit a few days ago I actually believe it hit C before I shut the computer down That's way too hot so I do believe the majority of these BSOD are heat related but it could be heat and driver related possibly as well Anyway here are my computer specifications as well Motherboard GA-F A XM-D H Memory GB x GB CORSAIR Vengeance Mhz CPU AMD A - GFX Radeon D Hard drive GB Seagate RPM PSU OCZ Fatal ty W Currently chip temp with just the internet browser open is literally C I think these BSOD are heat related What do you think I am pretty certain lol I have included the ZIP of the dump files and such as stated per sticky thread

A:BSOD while playing any game for long/short period, STOP 0xA0000001

The dumps were caused by your APU graphics driver:
Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis

BugCheck A0000001, {5, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+23c5c )
A0000001 is unique to AMD graphics.

atikmdag.sys | Driver Reference Table

Code:
fffff880`074f7738 fffff880`0485cc5c atikmdag+0x23c5c
fffff880`074f7778 fffff880`04870f77 atikmdag+0x37f77
fffff880`074f7778 fffff880`04870f77 atikmdag+0x37f77
fffff880`074f77e0 fffff880`0485ee80 atikmdag+0x25e80
fffff880`074f77f8 fffff880`0486eb99 atikmdag+0x35b99
fffff880`074f7828 fffff880`048b9af7 atikmdag+0x80af7
fffff880`074f7868 fffff880`048b9c39 atikmdag+0x80c39
fffff880`074f78a8 fffff880`048b9cf4 atikmdag+0x80cf4
fffff880`074f79a8 fffff880`048b9e15 atikmdag+0x80e15
fffff880`074f79d0 fffff880`048b9c24 atikmdag+0x80c24
fffff880`074f79f8 fffff880`048c190b atikmdag+0x8890b
fffff880`074f7a18 fffff880`048c1736 atikmdag+0x88736
fffff880`074f7a48 fffff880`048b70e8 atikmdag+0x7e0e8
fffff880`074f7a78 fffff880`0485e7f6 atikmdag+0x257f6

Code:
fffff880`04839000 fffff880`053ac000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 29 05:27:04 2013 (5154FBF8)
CheckSum: 00B25604
ImageSize: 00B73000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
You're using revision number 13.4.

Uninstall the driver using AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility.
Then follow through with a pass of Driver Sweeper.Important!
When installing, do not install Catalyst Control Center !
Choose to install the Display Driver only.
Download and install revision number 13.1
Be sure to post back!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300790-bsod-while-playing-any-game-long-short-period-stop-0xa0000001.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi the issue i am facing--- yesterday my improper after shutdown working stopped keyboard mouse laptop got shutdown because of power loss after that - on booting win i got a BSoD bad system config error three times then - keyboard mouse stopped working after improper shutdown On my fourth attempt the win os started to boot again but the keyboard and mouse were no longer working both external usb and internal My system details-------- asus k sv laptop with i processor gb ddr ram sticks of gb geforce gt graphics card gb seagate hdd with partitions gb gb gb usb ports usb usb I have a dual boot config so Both gb partitions have os namely winxp pro and win pro WHAT I HAVE TRIED Safe mode does not work i e keyboard mouse do not work both usb external and internal do not work win repair found no errors Do not have a Restore point so could not restore it to previous working condition Tried to shut down laptop remove battery and power and press power button for - second release the button then put everything back again Done online spyware bot scan Malwarebytes scan avast free scan from win xp OBSERVATIONS keyboard mouse work completely fine in BIOS and in win xp The keyboard light goes off as soon as the win welcome screen is shown Initially in the second try win os was detecting external keyboard showed installing devices notification but then did nothing NOW external usb keyboard and mouse are not detected at all in any of the three usb ports what i am trying Find the win startup folder from win xp and add teamviewer shortcut so i can remotely control the PC and remove all keyboard and mouse drivers There is a BCDEDIT method in win repair regarding BSOD bad config error checking up more on that ANY SUGGESTION IS WELCOME AND I WILL BE ONLINE ALL DAY IF U WANT ANY OTHER DETAIL JUST ASK ALSO I WANT TO TRY EVERYTHING BEFORE FORMATTING THANKS IN ADVANCE NOTE-right now win boots up fine only issue keyboard and mouse not working in both normal mode or safe mode

A:keyboard mouse stopped working after improper shutdown

Some laptops have a fn key combo to toggle the mousepad on and off. Does one key have a picture of a mouse on it? If so, press fn and that key at the same time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/549539/keyboard-mouse-stopped-working-after-improper-shutdown/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi the issue i am facing--- yesterday my laptop stopped shutdown mouse after keyboard improper working got shutdown because of power loss after that - on booting keyboard mouse stopped working after improper shutdown win i got a BSoD bad system config error three times then - On my fourth attempt the win os started to boot again but the keyboard and mouse were no longer working both external usb and internal My system details-------- asus k sv laptop with i processor gb ddr ram sticks of gb geforce gt graphics card gb seagate hdd with partitions gb gb gb usb ports usb usb I have a dual boot config so Both gb partitions have os namely winxp pro and win pro WHAT I HAVE TRIED Safe mode does not work i e keyboard mouse do not work both usb external and internal do not work win repair found no errors Do not have a Restore point so could not restore it to previous working condition Tried to shut down laptop remove battery and power and press power button for - second release the button then put everything back again Done online spyware bot scan keyboard mouse stopped working after improper shutdown Malwarebytes scan avast free scan from win xp OBSERVATIONS keyboard mouse work completely fine in BIOS and in win xp The keyboard light goes off as soon as the win welcome screen is shown Initially in the second try win os was detecting external keyboard showed installing devices notification but then did nothing NOW external usb keyboard and mouse are not detected at all in any of the three usb ports what i am trying Find the win startup folder from win xp and add teamviewer shortcut so i can remotely control the PC and remove all keyboard and mouse drivers There is a BCDEDIT method in win repair regarding BSOD bad config error checking up more on that ANY SUGGESTION IS WELCOME AND I WILL BE ONLINE ALL DAY IF U WANT ANY OTHER DETAIL JUST ASK ALSO I WANT TO TRY EVERYTHING BEFORE FORMATTING THANKS IN ADVANCE NOTE-right now win boots up fine only issue keyboard and mouse not working in both normal mode or safe mode nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

Good morning from sunny Cambodia My keyboard and mouse work in BIOS but stop at the Windows log-in screen This after I flushed my motherboard ASUS The flush finished successfully as far as I can tell Here screen. working log-in at stop mouse and Keyboard is what I Keyboard and mouse stop working at log-in screen. have tried Starting in safe mode keyboard and mouse still stop at log-in Resetting CMOS Trying a system restore That gave me an error that it could not Keyboard and mouse stop working at log-in screen. access a file due to a virus scanner running I don't know how to uninstall the virus scnner without keyboard and mouse Moving from USB to USB but it would appear all USB sockets go dead at log-in Changing the USB settings s in BIOS Reading every related post I could find on the internet I do have Windows Professional installed on another HDD and that starts without problems so it is not Keyboard and mouse stop working at log-in screen. a hardware malfunction However all my programs are under Windows and I do not want to re-install everything I am all out of ideas now and any help would be appreciated Regards Hanno

A:Keyboard and mouse stop working at log-in screen.

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you have a PS/2 keyboard you can use temporarily?

What is the make and model number of the mouse and keyboard?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-and-mouse-stop-working-at-log-in-screen-1020786.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I just purchased a new PC with 16 GB of Ram and installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. My USB mouse and keyboard stop working randomly and when the PC goes to sleep causing me to have to do a hard reset. I have researched this on the web and updated the USB hubs the devices to wake the computer but this has had no effect. My computer shop thinks that the problem is the 16 GB of RAM with Windows. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

BPMJim

A:[SOLVED] USB mouse and keyboard stop working

The max RAM for Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit is 192GB so that's not the issue. Since you say "installed", we'll need the rest of your specs to determine the solution.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-usb-mouse-and-keyboard-stop-working-656513.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Specs Windows bit Windows ultimate bit P Sabertooth Motherboard I don t remember the PSU brand but it was gold rated keyboard working and mouse My stop randomly W Logitech G S mouse Alienware Keyboard Also Logitech wireless keyboard mouse combo Observed Action I m doing whatever usually something graphics intensive movie or game or browsing reddit Then the mouse will stop working for - seconds The mouse has an LED mouse speed gauge that will turn off occasionally when this happens the first time or two After an indeterminate amount of power failures sometimes usually - as high My mouse and keyboard randomly stop working as of the mouse it will stop working completely until restart Sometimes the keyboard stops working also Sometimes if I have the wireless keyboard combo plugged in with the gaming mouse My mouse and keyboard randomly stop working just the gaming mouse will stop working Sometimes all Some nights I will go through an entire night of gaming without a single failure Some nights I have complete failures Plugging into different ports hubs on the motherboard changes nothing Plugging into USB does nothing I have HDDs one gb first gen intel SSD boot drive one -TB two gb one gb I ve reformatted the SSD but not the others I upgraded from Win to Win today no change I have changed my power plan settings to have selective suspension of USB turned off in My mouse and keyboard randomly stop working Device Manager and Power Options I ve blown out my computer and nearly returned it to a new state of cleanliness I went from C to C air cooled under medium load so I can t assume it got too hot and fried some stuff I have no idea what to do Nothing else is failing so I rule out the PSU I can only assume the USB controller on my MOBO is shorted I have no other USB powered objects to test and see if that fails But the failure method seems to be software related because its so random but BIOS doesn t have any power options for the USB If it were the keyboard and mouse why would the brand new wireless ones not work either I am more lost than I ever have been nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-mouse-and-keyboard-randomly-stop-working.1169977/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a toshiba laptop nbsp The keyboard on the laptop died a while ago so I purchased an ONN USB keyboard nbsp Where I am a gamer I also purchased a Logistics Mouse randomly and stop Keyboard working USB mouse nbsp I installed Windows quite a while back and have never had a problem with it until now nbsp At times the mouse buttons fail to Mouse and Keyboard randomly stop working work and the keyboard seems to have random keystrokes attached to it nbsp For instance when this happens I can move my mouse pointer around and can click on individual tabs but I can't type anything into any text windows nbsp I also can't power down the computer by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen and having the options Search Settings Mouse and Keyboard randomly stop working etc come up nbsp I move my pointer to the edge of the screen and nothing happens nbsp With the keyboard I cannot enter text into any text window but sometimes entering text will cause strange keystrokes For instance if I click into the web address window and try to type a single letter all I get are web addresses I may have visited the day before cycling through them one after the other nbsp Or if I try to type a single letter such as w the Mouse and Keyboard randomly stop working program will turn itself off nbsp I can re-click to re-open Firefox again but again I cannot enter any addresses in the address window and any keystroke will either turn the program off or just randomly cycle through addresses I am not very computer literate so I have no idea what is going on The only new thing that has happened to my computer is that I was told that I have Windows awaiting download anytime I want it and when I start up my computer I get a window appear that is trying to download something possible Windows called the Solutions Center then it tells me I am missing something and it can't download nbsp I literally have no idea what the heck is going on and having to turn my computer off and on with the power button to have my computer only work for about half an hour before this happens is horrible nbsp Any help is appreciated and again I am not computer literate so please be very specific Edit nbsp Here is the info the pop up windows I am getting is saying quot There was a problem starting C Windows System LogiLDA dll quot The other Solutions Center download goes like this nbsp A window pops up saying quot Windows Installer Please wait while Windows configures Solution Center quot nbsp Then another window opens saying quot The feature nbsp you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable nbsp Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package quot nbsp nbsp If I click OK I get the message quot Cannot find C Users Shannon Appdata Local Temp zS F Setup SolutionCenter SolutionCenter msi quot

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/20e772fc-9949-4f92-9e82-32fac6f19fe7/mouse-and-keyboard-randomly-stop-working?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi,

I've been recently having a few problems with my mouse and keyboard, generally it's the keyboard freezes, then my mouse goes (because I have a USB Hub incorporated into my keyboard and that's where my mouse is plugged in), this is really strange because I've been using the setup for over a month now and I haven't had any problems up until recently, where I had to do a huge amount of Windows Updates. Could that me the source of my problems?

P.S. I'm posting from my laptop, because I just cannot use my PC it's almost impossible, so I will get the dump logs and specs of my computer as soon as I can get it to work for a few minutes without me ending up crying.

Thanks in advance

A:Mouse and Keyboard Randomly Stop Working

Hi ParadAUX and Welcome to sevenforums I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

Could you please provide us with a little bit more information about the computer, would really help us if you were able to get the motherboard model, keyboard and mouse model numbers, it's just really hard to know what the issue might be.

Though have you tried plugging the mouse directly into the PC rather than having it in the keyboard usb hub?

Cheers!
Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388010-mouse-keyboard-randomly-stop-working.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I recently built a computer and installed Windows on it All was working smoothly until my mouse grew a tendency to stop working at random the Windows USB Unplugged noise played and then it began to work again This happens completely randomly whether I am playing stop working Keyboard, and Sound Mouse, a game or I am moving things around on my desktop This continues to happen until my mouse and keyboard stop working completely This also happens to my audio the sound that was playing in the background continues to play but an odd sort of glitchy noise plays as well I have attempted to unplug and plug back in the devices that started working improperly but it does not work However the lights on the devices continue to show The only solution that I have found is restarting my computer and when it comes back on the cycle repeats Can anyone figure out what is going on Computer Specs Windows duh Intel Xeon v ASUS GeForce GTX DirectCU II MSI Z MA-G Seagate Keyboard, Mouse, and Sound stop working Barracuda TB HDD ST DM Corsair Vengeance Blue GB X GB PC - mHz DDR -Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ GX M A C B Crucial Ballistix Sport GB Kit GBx DDR MT s PC - CL V UDIMM -Pin Memory BLS KIT G D DS S Just added this kit Keyboard, Mouse, and Sound stop working Corsair Builder Series CX Watt ATX EPS PLUS CX

A:Keyboard, Mouse, and Sound stop working

Look in the Device Manager to see if there are any yellow warnings or red errors.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558048/keyboard-mouse-and-sound-stop-working/
Relevancy 82.56%

Thanks for any help Jim Symptoms - both lock up at once ctrl-alt-del does nothing - reboot needed to fix - power still present on mouse - started happening Keyboard working mouse and randomly stop few days ago Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly getting more and more frequent min someimes - Malwarebytes and MSE scans are clean - seems to happen most frequenty in IE or Firefox but not Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly sure System - Dell XPS tower - Intel i - Windows Pro -bit Here's the MiniToolBox event log MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly by Mitchell administrator on - - at Running from C Users Mitchell Desktop Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source Microsoft Security Client Setup User Mitchell-PC Description HRESULT x FF A Description Upgrade installation canceled To upgrade later run the Security Essentials Upgrade Wizard again Error code x FF A Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x System errors Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Dell Digital Delivery Service service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The NVIDIA Update Service Daemon service failed to start due to the following error Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The nvUpdatusService service was unable to log on as UpdatusUser with the currently configured password due to the following error To ensure that the service is configured properly use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console MMC Error AM Source DCOM User NT AUTHORITY Description application-specificLocalLaunch C FCC -E - D-AE -A AD D B D ED D-D - - A - F ACAD B NT AUTHORITYSYSTEMS- - - LocalHost Using LRPC Error AM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Dell Digital Delivery Service service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description The NVIDIA Update Service Daemon service failed to start due to the following error Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description The nvUpdatusService service was unable to log on as UpdatusUser with the currently configured password due to the following error To ensure that the service is configured properly use the Services snap-in in Microsoft... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505341/keyboard-and-mouse-stop-working-randomly/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello everyone this problem had started for me only about or so days ago and is rather annoying What happens is that randomly while using the mouse it would working and keyboard stop randomly Mouse freeze up and I would hear the quot Device Disconnect quot sound and a second later the mouse would work again This happens absolutely randomly and after Mouse and keyboard randomly stop working a bunch of times both the keyboard and the mouse completely stops working They are both connected to the USB ports on the motherboard at the back of the computer and unplugging and replugging does not make them work again I have tried plugging them into other USB ports such as in the front and top of the PC and they start working again but only temporarily until they once again stop working Mouse and keyboard randomly stop working completely after like - mins or so The only solution to get the mouse and keyboard working again temporarily is to restart the PC using the main power button When they stop working the numlock light is still lit on the keyboard but the keyboard does not respond and I have a small indicator light on my laser mouse that just starts blinking when it normally has never done that Everything else is still working such as any music playing and the internet I have read soooo many forum posts on the internet and have tried sooo many different things and nothing has worked thus far and that is why I am posting so that perhaps someone could find a solution Things I have already done I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the usb mouse and keyboard drivers from both the device manager and the actual drivers CD of my computer I went to msconfig and set it to Diagnostic startup and did a restart thinking that perhaps something might be interfering but nope still did not work I have restarted the computer in safe mode and this problem persists even in safe mode I have went to the Power Options in my control panel and under the USB setting made sure that it was already set as quot Disabled quot I have no clue what precipitated this issue and I am absolutely dumbfounded in how to solve it Many different forum posts have suggested this might be some sort of power issue But I don't really believe that is the case because I only got my current computer at the beginning of this year I've never had an issue with my keyboard or mouse and I've never once seen the CPU usage go to even when playing some high requirement games If anyone has any other suggestions I would be more than happy to try

A:Mouse and keyboard randomly stop working

Welcome to SevenForums.

Are you using 2 antiviruses on your computer by any chance?

There are no blue screen dump files in your zip. Are you getting BSOD-s or just the issue with the keyboard and mice? Did you try different keyboard or mice?

Do not use CCleaner if you're getting BSOD-s. It can clean away the dump files.

Follow the tutorial below, it might help:USB Driver - General Fix for Problems
Check for a BIOS update:

Code:
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A06, 10/17/2011
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:
Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Let us know if any of this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/265025-mouse-keyboard-randomly-stop-working.html
Relevancy 82.56%

For some reason my Mouse, Keyboard and Printer will stop working for no reason. I then have to reboot and they normally start working.

Any ideas, I'm lost on this one?

A:Mouse-Keyboard-Printer Stop working

Hi -

Are you updated with Vista SP2?

Check Windows Updates --> www.update.microsoft.com

If kb/ mouse require drivers, see if updates are available.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-keyboard-printer-stop-working-491741.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I'm currently running Windows XP on my laptop and after working for a while the laptop and touch pad will lock up. They stop responding but things on the screen keep going. such as a web page loading or a program running so I know the whole laptop has not locked up. Other things on it such as the cd-rom work and such. I have tried to plug in a keyboard and a mouse but it still doesn't respond. I have even jumped over to Linux and reinstalled Windows a few times hoping it might fix it but I keep getting this problem.

A:Laptop keyboard and mouse stop working

It would help to know what kind of laptop it is..

You get the same problem even in Linux?
The separate mouse and keyboard you tried.. Were they USB or PS/2?
The embedded touchpad and keyboard may be hardwired to the PS/2 controller, that may be malfunctioning. USB keyboard and mouse should work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keyboard-and-mouse-stop-working.88447/
Relevancy 82.56%

So i just started up my computer today, and after about 10 minutes, while on youtube, my mouse and keyboard stopped working. The lights on the keyboard and mouse where still on. I had to shut down my computer through the power button, and after i started it up, CHKDSK did a check on windows. After 10 minutes of booting it up again, (again being on youtube in mozilla firefox), same thing happened. I am typing this through safe mode and ran malwarebytes, but it doesn't detect anything.
What can i do to fix this? Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611465/mouse-and-keyboard-randomly-stop-working/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi this is my first thread and Keyboard Mouse working and games. stop during i'm a bit inexperienced with computers but bear with me here Ok so yesterday whilst i was playing a Mouse and Keyboard stop working during games. game my keyboard and mouse stopped working The keyboards lights started flashing and the mouse just stopped responding even though the mouse light was still on I thought this was temporary so i shut down my computer and turned it on again The first mins or so were fine but then the same thing happened So i disconnected their usb ports and connected them again it didn't work So the only solution seems to be is reseting the PC And thats only temporary I need an urgent solution please Also this doesn't happen on boot it only happens when Mouse and Keyboard stop working during games. i'm playing a game or have several programs open or drawing something on paint My keyboard is Microsoft Sidewinder X Mouse Logitech Gaming mouse G CPU Intel I K Any help is appreciated Thank you in advance

A:Mouse and Keyboard stop working during games.

I had this problem once with a PC Update Tool Have you updated anything like mouse and keyboard even the usb drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/299664-mouse-keyboard-stop-working-during-games.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi
I keep getting this error "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it". And if I leave my PC on to long the keyboard, mouse, and sometimes even the monitor stop working. I've tried unplugging the keyboard and mouse (which are not USB) and plugging them back in, but to no avail.
It's a Dell Dimension 8400
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Edit: I turned off system standby and now only the keyboard and mouse stop working.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-keyboard-and-mouse-stop-working-213532.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My PC won't stop working Keyboard mouse randomly and go into sleep mode either automatically or manually so I Keyboard and mouse randomly stop working just leave it on all day the screen will go off at the pre-determined time though However that's not my issue as I've learned to live with it I'm just mentioning it because it could be related to the following issue that just Keyboard and mouse randomly stop working started happening yesterday When I come down to use the PC after it's been sitting unused for a few hours the screen is off and I can still hear the fans running and the power light is on as always Usually all I have to do is hit a key or move the mouse and the screen comes back on and away I go The last couple days though the keyboard and mouse both USB appear to have quot turned off quot no lights showing on either during the idle period Then no matter what I do I can't get the screen to come back on because they keyboard and mouse have somehow went off At that point all I can do is a hard shutdown holding the power button until the machine turns off and reboot at which time everything's fine Anyone know what's going on It's one of those quot everything was fine for weeks and then all of a sudden quot things This is a Windows bit machine fully updated and no recent changes made

A:Keyboard and mouse randomly stop working

Since you are doing hard shut downs, I highly recommend a Disk Check with Automatically fix file system errors checked.
As to the mouse/keyboard issue, please provide more information. Are these USB or PS/2 devices?

Also, we have no idea if you have a laptop, desktop, or an HP UFO running Windows 7 (the last one is just a joke; HP has no UFOs to my knowledge ). Please fill in your system specs in your profile and not in a post in this thread: System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236478-keyboard-mouse-randomly-stop-working.html
Relevancy 82.56%

For a while now my my detachable Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse have kept stopping. It has happened before and cured itself but so far not this time. A new and odd behaviour is that after closing down and relaunching everything does work, for about two seconds only, just enough time to log in and click one item in the Taskbar. From then on I have to rely on Touch, until I set up a standby Bluetooth board and mouse which are not perfect but enable me to keep using my 2-in-1 PC.

As it may not recover of its own accord or may take a long time to do so I would be relieved if someone can diagnose what might be happening and how to prevent it. Is it a hardwear or a software issue?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/68800-keyboard-trackpad-mouse-stop-working.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello from Greece I have the following problem Randomly my keyboard and the mouse stop working but the computer still run The only solytion is to press the stop Mouse and working randomly keyboard on off button from case and restart my pc It will be happen after - hours or in minutes I search the web but i havent see any solution that fits Mouse and keyboard stop working randomly in my system but i read this post http www bleepingcomputer com forums t keyboard-and-mouse-randomly-stop-responding and follow the instruction of user Arachibutyrophobia so i run the minitoolbox and that's the results MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Konstantinos administrator on - - at Running from C Users Konstantinos Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Mouse and keyboard stop working randomly Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source Winlogon User Description Windows x Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source Winlogon User Description Windows x Error PM Source SideBySide User Description SMC processorArchitecture x type win version SMC processorArchitecture x type win version SMC processorArchitecture x type win version SMC processorArchitecture x type win version SMC processorArchitecture x type win version sxstrace exe Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source Winlogon User Description Windows x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source Winlogon User Description Windows x Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x System errors Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description SPP Notification Service Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description SPP Notification Service Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description SPP Notification Service Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description SPP Notification Service Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description SPP Notification Service Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description SPP Notification Service Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description SPP Notification Service Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description SPP Notification Service Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description SPP Notification Service Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description SPP Notification Service Microsoft Office Sessions Installed Programs Torrent Version ABBYY FineReader Sprint Version Abrosoft FantaMorph Version Adelantado Trilogy - Book One Version Adobe Acrobat X Pro - English Fran ais Deutsch Version Adobe AIR Version Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection Version Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Version Adobe Help Manager Version Adobe Premiere Pro CS Functional Content Version Adobe Widget Browser Version Build Adobe Widget Browser Version Adobe Content Viewer Version Apple Application Support Version Apple Software Update Version Audacity Version avast Free Antivirus Version Belarc Advisor Version bl Version Bluetooth Win Suite Version Boris FX Bit Version Camtasia Studio Version Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX Canon Easy-WebPrint EX Canon Inkjet Printer Scanner Fax Extended Survey Program Canon iP series On-screen Manual Canon iP series Printer Driver Canon iP series User Registration Canon My Printer Canon Solution Menu EX CD-... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510572/mouse-and-keyboard-stop-working-randomly/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello everyone I have been having a rather annoying issue for a while now This mostly happens on start up and once desktop loads up either my USB mouse freezes or my keyboard doesn't work or sometimes BOTH My keyboard is a PS Keyboard It seems the only solution when both freeze at the same time is to either restart the computer or unplug them and plug them back in This morning when I booted it up my mouse immediately was frozen and I unplugged it and plugged it back in and now it is working This error is very random and sometimes doesn't happen immediately or working randomly keyboard and stop Mouse on start up but while browsing the Internet a decent amount of Mouse and or keyboard randomly stop working time after start up Another important thing I forgot to mention is I get NO blue screen Mouse and or keyboard randomly stop working or no error message it just stops working I have no idea as to what could be causing this problem so if anyone could please assist me I would greatly appreciate it Thank you

A:Mouse and or keyboard randomly stop working

Could you create a perfmon report and attach it please?
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
(only need the perfmon report for this)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/168224-mouse-keyboard-randomly-stop-working.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I havent been on my computer for a few months because I've bought a laptop, but I needed to get some of my data off my computer, but I turned it on and it says Alert! System battery voltage is low. On the bottom of the moniter it says Press F1 to continue, F2 to enter SETUP. I pressed F1 to continue and my keyboard and mouse stop working. How can I fix this?

(My Computer is a Dell Dimension C521)

A:Help! My Keyboard and Mouse stop working on login!

Replace the CMOS battery. You've lost your settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-my-keyboard-and-mouse-stop-working-on-login-593095.html
Relevancy 82.56%

They just stop, they don't turn off, they aren't disconnected, the computer still running fine, nothing unusual but the mouse and the keyboard. I don't think this is a problem with the keyboard and mouse because until yesterday I it was a mouse only problem and I was going to buy a new one, but now the keyboard also stop responding and I'm worried. They stop for only a few sec, around 10~~20 secs before normalizing.

A:Keyboard and Mouse stop working randomly.

Hello and welcome maridan48 mate first and most obvious question is have you tried another KB and mouse?

Next are the devices simple units or larger gaming ones that may have drivers?

Third if they are USB connected are the machine's USB drivers up to date - don't rely on the Windows driver test use manufacturers sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398675-keyboard-mouse-stop-working-randomly.html
Relevancy 82.56%

As of lately my mouse and keyboard sometimes just stop working. It seems to happen more often while I'm playing games (but that's mostly what I do so not sure if that has anything to do with it ). Usually before it happens I'll hear the usb sound and the mouse will disconnect and reconnect and it'll work fine then just out of the blue it'll disconnect and that's that. I have to shutdown and restart. It only just started doing this a couple weeks ago. My mouse is a logitech UAE-96 (I think) and the keyboard is a microsoft ergonomic 4000, its an ASUS MoBo, I've checked keyboard drivers and they are up to date and I've also checked my usb drivers, also up to date. I used the mouse on my laptop for quite awhile before I built this pc and never had a problem.

A:7 x64 mouse and keyboard randomly stop working.

I'm going to make a new post about the issue I'm having. It's a similar problem to yours.
Take a look. I've done lots of troubleshooting and still no luck. Try turning of the power saving feature on the USB devices.

Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Power Options/Edit Plan Settings - Change Advanced Power settings

If a USB mouse and keyboard scroll to USB devices open the Plus mark, and disable the power feature. This will prevent windows from shutting off power to the device, a common cause for this problem. Hope it works for you. If not rule out the mouse and keyboard by trying them on other computers, then start walking down the road I'm on...lol

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/234859-7-x64-mouse-keyboard-randomly-stop-working.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello Forum I am working on my mom's PC as she is having major problems I'm guessing the recommended solution is going to be a complete new installation when I describe the problems - She has had a few credit card numbers stolen used and her e-mail was compromised Windows Defender was disabled and I could not enable it but now that is fixed it is again disabled but this time by the Anti-Virus Program and not the malware Internet Explorer could not open websites as it always said that the Pop-up - Mouse/Keyboard randomly working stop on Websites Ads security settings were blocking the website Because of these errors I removed a lot of malware with ADWCleaner Emsisoft and Malwarebytes I'm not convinced I got it all though The remaining problems are that the PC is extremely slow the mouse and keyboard randomly stop working multiple wired devices tested and random Ads pop up on websites from AdChoice and WebAds that should have no ads The speed of the PC is not of interest to me in this post I can get to that by cleaning up the startup applications etc But I am guessing it will speed up once all malware is removed Now the PC info Windows Home Premium bit GFI Software Vipre Anti-Virus I hope that's enough info to get us started on a solution Thanks in advance Dave

A:Pop-up Ads on Websites - Mouse/Keyboard randomly stop working

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.Do NOT use spoilers.Do NOT edit your reply to post additional logs. Create new reply. I'll not get any email notifications about edits so I won't know you posted something new.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527307/pop-up-ads-on-websites-mousekeyboard-randomly-stop-working/
Relevancy 81.7%

Basically after restarting my computer yesterday my keyboard and mouse just stop working once windows loads and i cant log in!!

My mouse and keyboard are both USB connected
Any help would be amazing!!!!

A:Mouse and Keyboard stop working after windows loads!!!

do they work in safemode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-and-keyboard-stop-working-after-windows-loads-321882.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a rather annoying issue when I switch user, the mouse and keyboard stop working. I have to remove and reinsert each time to get them working again. Happens immediately after switch user, and then again once logged in as the new user. Some details on the hardware.

Mouse: Logitech M305
Keyboard :Logitech diNovo Edge with BT receiver
Motherboard: Asus Z87 Plus

These are USB 2 devices plugged into a USB3 port. Latest USB 3 driver is installed.

I have the PC setup to auto login after reboot and the mouse / keyboard work fine.

Any ideas or suggestions on why this is happening and how to fix it?

A:Mouse / Keyboard stop working after switch user

Can you plug them into USB2 ports? There's no real reason to plug them in to USB3 ports, and it's better to have mouse and keyboard in USB2 ports because they don't require drivers like USB3 does, which can cause issues like this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334067-mouse-keyboard-stop-working-after-switch-user.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi there I uninstalled Intel Smart Connect Technology after experiencing a BSOD that seemed to be caused by a related driver When the uninstallation tool asked if I wanted to restart Keyboard/Mouse in BIOS only After BSOD Stop Working now later I chose to restart now which was followed by another BSOD Now I can boot into Windows just fine but neither my mouse or my keyboard are working They work in the BIOS but as soon as Windows is loaded they stop functioning I've tried resetting my CMOS Keyboard/Mouse Stop Working After BSOD only in BIOS but this did not solve the problem I've also checked that they are enabled in the BIOS I would try a system restore but Windows doesn't seem to allow me to boot into repair mode without actually going into Windows first but I can't do it from Windows because of my malfunctioning peripherals I can't use the Windows installation disc to repair because as soon as the message that says quot Press any key to continue quot comes up my keyboard stops working However it seems I can force the PC to boot from the CD which after a bit of a wait gets me to the Windows installation screen with my only option being to completely reinstall Windows I'd like to avoid that if possible Does anyone have alternate solutions Keyboard/Mouse Stop Working After BSOD only in BIOS Edit Obviously I cannot post the minidump files so I'm sorry for not following the posting rules to the letter S Edit I am able to enter Windows Repair Mode with the Installation disc Keyboard/Mouse Stop Working After BSOD only in BIOS but there is no option for Safe Mode and when I attempt to System Restore I get this error message quot To use System Restore you must specify which Windows installation to restore Restart this computer select an operating system and then select System Restore quot

A:Keyboard/Mouse Stop Working After BSOD only in BIOS

Sorry for the delay in responding. There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis, so at times we get a bit overwhelmed!

Try starting the system and then shutting it down by using the power button to turn it off.
Try it 3 times and see if that will allow you to get into the repair options.at

What happens when you reboot and look for the option to select an operating systems?
What other options do you have for the repair/restore/reset/refresh?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35581-keyboard-mouse-stop-working-after-bsod-only-bios.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm on win pro with all updates sure that I didn't install any software or change any setting but just restarted my computer because it felt slow and its been a while I do this every now and then to get good feels Problem now is at the login screen my keyboard and mouse don't work anymore The same problem happens even when working keyboard and stop screen at mouse login I select safe mode I must mention that I've been having monitor problems in the last - days but I can't see that connected with this issue Or is it My dell ultrasharp is dying it looks like Half of the screen to the left is flickering and the rest half is alright After an hour or two it looks fine but then the problem comes back I'm gonna buy a new monitor but this login issue cannot be connected with my monitor going bad right The monitor is exhibiting this issue in the POST and BIOS screens too so I'm guessing it has nothing to do with the video drivers Any tips would be greatly appreciated Thanks I must add that the keyboard and mouse stop working at login screen keyboard mouse works during the POST and BIOS setup screens I'm also able to select safe mode option after pressing f in the advanced boot options

A:keyboard and mouse stop working at login screen

I would recommend fixing the problem you know you have first. Whether it will fix the keyboard/mouse problem or not. Replace the monitor with a known good monitor for testing.

The next thing to do is help us help you. We need your spec filled in completely.

These two tutorials should help you in that task.

Br Brink:
System Info - See Your System Specs

By Kari:
Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348221-keyboard-mouse-stop-working-login-screen.html
Relevancy 81.7%

SIZE stop Keyboard Mouse and working USB ports randomly px Lately my USB ports have stopped working every now and then Actually it seems to be just the ports that have the mouse and keyboard Logitech MK plugged in Basically what happens SIZE Mouse and keyboard suddenly stop function for a fraction of a second Shortly afterwards more or less anywhere between - minutes Mouse and Keyboard USB ports randomly stop working the M amp KB stop working entirely But they are obviously still receiving power That is the lights of the keyboard and mouse still light up but the buttons keys do nothing and the cursor does not move I could switch my M amp KB to the other USB ports They would work again but the ports they were in previously would not work If I plug in my Xbox gamepad to the ports I had my M amp KB in it would be as if the driver does not function This does not solve the problem however because afterwards parts and would just repeat I could restart my PC and everything would work again but it does not prevent the problem from happening SIZE px Troubleshooting attempts I have done SIZE Unplugging the tower from the power outlet and pressing the power button this causes the PC to suddenly be powered and then unpower again then waiting seconds pressing the power button again and plugging the tower back in Going into Device Manager and not allowing the USB ports to be powered off to save power Reinstalling M amp KB drivers SIZE px DxDiag Info SIZE SIZE px The computer is about years old SIZE

A:Mouse and Keyboard USB ports randomly stop working

Hello Zakristone,

Could we firstly try add log files from event viewer

Hit the windows logo key + R and type eventvwr.msc and hit enter

Then right click on applications under Windows logs and click on save all event as

Do the same with system as well

Post logs here as a attachment

Thank you

EDITED~~

To upload look for the

Search for where you saved the files

Cheers

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/111248-mouse-keyboard-usb-ports-randomly-stop-working.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Optical HP mouse and Microsoft keyboard work fine reading a page Newspapers on line or PDF document off line until I stop using the mouse or keyboard keys to scroll while reading I load stop and Mouse Keyboard after a moments working idle a full screen document then start to read By the time I have read about half the page both Mouse and keyboard stop responding until I hit a mouse button None of the navigation keys work till mouse Mouse and Keyboard stop working after a moments idle button pressed Scroll wheel does not work till mouse button pressed Problem has only been with me for a couple of weeks No changes have been made and in fact i just did a Recovery in hopes that would solve the problem Problem is a pain but beyond that everything else seems alright Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC Buckeye MB- Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-stop-working-after-a-moments-idle.963340/
Relevancy 81.7%

My USB keyboard mouse and headset stopped working at first until i restarted and then restarts took longer and than the mouse and keyboard wont work at all after numerous boots into windows I have mouse keys enabled and a PS keyboard so I was am able to navigate to try and fix things in windows but its a pain Oddly my USB wifi antenna plugged into the top works fine but my headset plugged into the back does not work I working keyboard mouse USB windows, in Ubuntu. and but not stop have tried plugging my mouse and such into the front but that does not work either I have tried a hundred and one things and for a few days they worked until an update and i am at this point of making a thread rather than reading a hundred I have already tried several different restore points to no avail and I did not back up an older one from before big mistake I believe my system specs are on my profile but if you need them I will reply with them as soon as I can I hope you can help me to fix it or i may have to take it into the repair shop Thanks in advance -Justin

A:USB keyboard and mouse stop working in windows, but not Ubuntu.

Did you do something that triggered this or can you remember any specific event that caused any issues?

When you say it works in Ubuntu but not Windows, is this the same computer?

If its not the same computer, does the mouse/keyboard work when you plug it in to the USB port containing your wifi dongle?

For help with USB problems see: USB Driver - General Fix for Problems

Assuming this isn't a USB problem, try to uninstall your mouse/keyboard drivers and reinstall them
How to Uninstall a Mouse Driver on a Computer | Chron.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343352-usb-keyboard-mouse-stop-working-windows-but-not-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 81.7%

This just started (I.e. used to work fine) and nothing new has been installed. Keyboard works if I do startup with F12 (I can select screen options with it), but when it gets to startup screen, neither keyboard nor mouse function. Can't get into computer to check or alter any settings, as all is frozen. Tried rebooting, unplugging all peripherals and USB thumbdrives, ran complete system diagnostics, etc. but no luck. Help please!I

A:keyboard and mouse stop working at login screen

Welcome to the forum!

Turn on your computer and then hammer the F8 key. Boot into safe mode. The from there click start, accessories, system tools, system restore.

Then restore the computer back to a point where it last worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/338456-keyboard-mouse-stop-working-login-screen.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

i have a problem with keyboard and mouse. Every day when i playing some games my keyboard randomly stop working (backlight on keyboard still light but LED on num lock is off and buttons dont work) after few seconds my mouse also stop working. Plugin to another USB doesnt work. Only when i disconect keyboard and connect mouse to other USB mouse work. After restarting system all works fine. Im sure keyboard and mouse is good (testing it on laptop when this happens and its work normal). I have updated drivers and BIOS.

PC spec.:
Windows 8.1
AMD Phenom II x4 940
Gigabyte ga MA790x UD4P
GTX 660
2xHDD+1SSD

P.S. sorry for my bad english

A:Keyboard and mouse stop working when playing games

Hey,

Install latest bios for the motherboard from Gigabyte.com.

Install latest EasyTune 6, which is from this year, for your board. (In Utility section of downloads.)

Install latest drivers for both mouse and keyboard from manufacturers' sites.

Your motherboard has both USB 1.1 and 2.0 ports. Use 2.0 only if possible and do not use any hubs, if possible.

Install this for the AMD chipset drivers and storage drivers. Both are at: AMD Chipset Drivers <<< (assuming you have 64 bit Windows)

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/39709-keyboard-mouse-stop-working-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 81.7%

So I've been having this problem for about two weeks now nbsp I don't think I've noticed this before and I am not sure what is causing it nbsp First time at Keyboard Mouse and working / same stop hang off let me put in the specs for my Mouse and Keyboard hang / stop working at same time computer nbsp I'm running - HP Pavilion HPE h - t CTO Desktop PC with Windows bit nbsp nbsp I'm having issues with my umb mouse and keyboard nbsp They work on my laptop without error nbsp I'm also using a USB wired headset I'm throwing this in because it might help in trying to figure out whats going on nbsp nbsp The problem happens when I'm running a gaming Mouse and Keyboard hang / stop working at same time program nbsp I can't exactly say when it happens because it seems random but when it happens my mouse and keyboard stop working nbsp The computer runs smoothly and all processes seem to run normally nbsp I sometimes run firefox as well using pandora and pandora still runs when this happens thus nothing is stalling besides my keyboard and mouse nbsp In addition my USB headset still responds although I use a push to talk key from the keyboard so I can't talk on the headset nbsp nbsp Just some additional information nbsp When I unplug my keyboard mouse nbsp I would typically hear the sound telling my that it was unplugged nbsp When this bug happens I don't hear any sounds of that sort when I unplug plug in my USB devices nbsp All other sounds are running though such as pandora game sounds etc nbsp nbsp Let me know if you have any solutions nbsp Thank youPeter

A:Mouse and Keyboard hang / stop working at same time

Kagerou313, welcome to the forum. Here are some guides for troubleshooting USB problems: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01893385 Give them a try to see if any of them help solve your problem. Please click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Mouse-and-Keyboard-hang-stop-working-at-same-time/td-p/1341779
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I have a dual boot system with Win XP and Ubuntu 8.10.
yesterday i restarted my win xp as part of completion of installation of some program.
the keyboard and mouse work smoothly in Ubuntu and am also able to make the OS selection but just when the startup screen appears, the keyboard and mouse just stop funtioning. what could be da problem ? i suspect the presence of a virus. how can this be fixed widout having to format and reinstall windows. Can anything be done from within the Linux system. what are files responsible for loading keyboard and mouse drivers ?

can anyone help ??

please, i do not want to format da system...its gonna be painful....please please help me out.....and one more thing ..trying out the options resulting from F8 arent working either...

thanks for any help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-stop-working-at-login-screen-in-win-xp.782869/
Relevancy 81.7%

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

This is not the first time I've faced this problem. This problem occurs after I installed "Samsung USB driver". It works on the BIOS and when the windows logo comes out, both devices will stop working. I can normally enter BIOS and safe mode (but both devices still dont work in safe mode after enter the desktop). Heretofore, I randomly solved the problem by changing the USB slot while windows starting up and its started to installing new device for both devices. But now, it doesnt work anymore and force me to make a forum. I dont have any extra mouse or keyboard even windows cd. Ive tried all solutions, clear cmos, changing usb port, changing usb setting on bios.

A:Mouse and keyboard stop working after windows startup

Hi,
Could you please post the exact model computer and if the mouse and keyboard are the ones that came with the computer or not please the models of them as well
Wired or wireless....
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368341-mouse-keyboard-stop-working-after-windows-startup.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I recently broke down and decided to try Vista with an open mind and I have to say so far it's not quite as bad as I remembered The problem is PS/2) loads. when mouse sp2 working stop and Keyboard (both Vista64 I'm finding it to be very unstable and quot flaky quot Keyboard and mouse (both PS/2) stop working when Vista64 sp2 loads. I've been working on a dual boot environment today consisting of XP professional x which all ready on system and I partitioned off Gb from my primary hard drive for Vista Ultimate x installed behind XP which I know isn't ideal but I didn't feel like completely redoing my system today and putting two OS's on Anyway let's cut to the chase I've been struggling with instability all day and weird occurances that I'm not used to Pretty much of the updates i applied led to some hassle which I had to go back and undo The final straw which brought me here was when I installed service pack It seemed to install just fine but when it rebooted and came back up I had no mouse keyboard and oddly enough wallpaper Keyboard and mouse (both PS/2) stop working when Vista64 sp2 loads. which is where I stand now From there I tried a few things First I tried to repair the boot sequence no luck Then I tried to do a system restore from the boot install disc but apparently my restore points were destroyed as well I tried to manually install some keyboard mouse drivers but I didn't really know what I was doing and as such it didn't work either I Keyboard and mouse (both PS/2) stop working when Vista64 sp2 loads. triple checked the bios and checked with my XP environment and so it's not hardware or the bios it's limited strictly to the Vista boot sequence If I boot with a recovery disc or into XP both the mouse and keyboard work fine and they work even passed the quot safe-mode quot menus My questions are these - Is it possible to somehow create a bootable rollback disc so I can try going back to service pack - Is there some way I'm not thinking of to uninstall service pack from the shell - Is there someone to patch the driver files I'm assuming this has to do with drivers at least so I can log in and start working on it from within Vista - Anyone have any ideas that I'm not thinking of Thanks in advance for the help and I'm sure I left some information out so I'll appologize now

A:Keyboard and mouse (both PS/2) stop working when Vista64 sp2 loads.

Every time you boot XP, your Vista system restore points are deleted. Try running sfc /scannow at a command prompt, and then scanning for rubbishware with malwarebytes and superantispyware.

Also check device manager for any old drivers highlighted by a yellow exclamation point, and update your drivers as well. Finally run the memory diagnostic and check your hard drive fore errors with chkdsk via properties of your hard drive, tools, check now and tick both boxes and apply. Reboot.

At the end run glary utilities, and all of the clean up and repair options in the modules tab.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/245400-keyboard-mouse-both-ps-2-stop-working-when-vista64-sp2-loads.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi there hopefully this is a quick easy-to-solve question Recently out Mouse users G15/G5 Logitech after working stop switching & Keyboard of the blue my logitech g keyboard and g mouse will stop working any Logitech G15/G5 Mouse & Keyboard stop working after switching users time someone switches user profiles on my computer running XP bit Logitech G15/G5 Mouse & Keyboard stop working after switching users for the record The LCD on the g will stay active but moving the mouse has no effect and pressing keys on the keyboard does nothing The only way to make them work again is to unplug them and plug them back in It s a fairly small problem but it s getting to be really annoying Please tell me if you need any further information here is my dxdiag dump ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name VICTOR Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr Logitech G15/G5 Mouse & Keyboard stop working after switching users - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Dell DXP BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name USB Gaming Mouse Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC FF Driver n a Device Name USB Gaming Mouse Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC FF Driver n a Device Name Logitech Gaming Keyboard Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC FF Driver n a Device Name Logitech Gaming Keyboard Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC FF Driver n a Device Name G Keyboard Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No Registry OK ----------- USB Devices ----------- USB Root Hub Vendor Product ID x x CA Matching Device ID usb root hub Service usbhub Driver usbhub sys bytes Driver usbd sys bytesClick to expand Any help would be appreciated thanks and happy holidays nbsp

A:Logitech G15/G5 Mouse & Keyboard stop working after switching users

Shameless bump.

I just realized that it had never even crossed my mind to try reinstalling the drivers... I guess when I googled and found no relevant results I automatically assumed it was going to be a more complicated problem. I'll try that when I get home... any other ideas in case that doesn't work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g15-g5-mouse-keyboard-stop-working-after-switching-users.783404/
Relevancy 80.84%

My USB keyboard and USB mouse stop working at the same time at random times.

The only working workaround for now is to plug them to another free USB ports.
Checked event logs ...

Attached is the export from Event log UserPnp events are the only that appear during this issue.
(zipped file)

A:USB Keyboard and mouse stop working at the same time at random times

Hi sekac, Welcome to Seven forums.

Try to update the drivers of the keyboard and mouse. Plug in different keyboard and mouse and check if the issue still persist. And when you say they hang, does the PC hangs as well?

To be on safer side. Run a memtest. Here's how. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318253-usb-keyboard-mouse-stop-working-same-time-random-times.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Symptoms Steelseries Apex Keyboard Razer DeathAdder mouse Razer Carcharias Headset randomly no visible pattern or trigger stop working however remain powered on PS mouse and keyboard appear to continue working during this period Sound Device emits several sharp static-esque noises and then fails Computer shortly thereafter subsequently hangs for a long period of time then freezes until reset powered off appears to run smoothly for a few moments but freezes instantly upon trying to access the taskbar desktop programs CTRL ALT Delete etc Has been occurring for three to four weeks since computer was diagnosed and repaired dead motherboard replaced Working, PC hangs/freezes Stop Keyboard, Mouse, Sound via RMA warranty liquid cooling switched to high-powered fan ventilation diagnosis included a statement on Steelseries driver causes Windows to appear to hang Only one BSOD observed in the near-four week period attached as a file to the post Actions Taken Thus Far Keyboard Mouse completely uninstalled drivers AppData removed from Device Manager etc in line with Steelseries amp Razer FAQ guidelines on correct uninstallation process Used CCleaner for removing extraneous registry internet files Norton Security full scan run Windows OS fully updated Disk Keyboard, Mouse, Sound Stop Working, PC hangs/freezes Defragmenter run USB Root Hubs set to Do not power off devices etc So far the issues I am having have been on and off Keyboard, Mouse, Sound Stop Working, PC hangs/freezes and while somewhat consistent I Keyboard, Mouse, Sound Stop Working, PC hangs/freezes have been able to use the computer for up to hours without issue on several occasions but every other time it is shutdown or rebooted it starts to show signs of these problems again and then finally freezes indefinitely I am more than happy to provide any other information necessary to getting this solved in a way that does not require me to reset my computer's OS to factory default settings

A:Keyboard, Mouse, Sound Stop Working, PC hangs/freezes

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607049/keyboard-mouse-sound-stop-working-pc-hangsfreezes/
Relevancy 80.84%

Good Morning all I am writing this post asking for help on my newly upgraded custom computer has been giving me crap for the past week since the upgrade The issue so far Every so often randomly my computer will quot freeze quot The reason I put quot quot around freeze is because I am not sure if its windows Intermittent Freezes; and stop working 7 Mouse Keyboard Windows freezing or USB ports just all of a sudden stop working The only way to fix said issue is to hard restart my tower by holding the button A couple times after doing said restart my computer will freeze at the quot Asus quot motherboard loading screen the one where I can hit F or DEL to get to bios During this issue my keyboard Intermittent Freezes; Keyboard and Mouse stop working Windows 7 and mouse are unresponsive Unplugging and plugging back in does nothing The keyboard and mouse are still receiving power however as the laser is still on and my keyboards NUM LOCK light is as well But any attempt to turn off NUM LOCK does nothing My mouse icon Intermittent Freezes; Keyboard and Mouse stop working Windows 7 disappears completely from the screen It's even done it in SAFE MODE So far it's happened about times in the past week What I've done so far to try and fix it Updated Bios for Motherboard Updated Windows as needed A few ERRORS trying to install certain updates but a DNS FLUSH seemed to fix that issue Ran MEMTEST twice No issues with hardware from what the results showed Trying a switch of keyboard and mouse AFTER the freeze does nothing Haven't tried using new keyboard and mouse entire time to see if freeze happens period Although I honestly don't think those are the issue Tried updating Samsung EVO GB SSD driver firmware but kept saying quot Can not find required Hardware quot or something like that so that was a waste of time I do think the issue might be because of the SSD from what i've been reading online about them Not sure though Checked event viewer for any errors from the moment before the crash freeze Only found minor stuff and no repeat offenders I might be overlooking something there Installed ALL the latest drivers for all appropriate hardware except SSD read above Deleted ALL windows updates and reinstalled them Ran several windows quot fix quot programs to see if any registry keys or files needed fixed replaced There doesn't seem to be an exact moment of running a specific application in which the issue happens but times it's happened I walked away from my computer came back and it was unresponsive Not sure if that is important I'm pretty sure it's NOT a hardware issue Well praying it isn't anyway There was a moment of time where after updating windows it installed like updates where my computer was fine for hours I was playing games on it fine with no issues Then all of a sudden it did it again the next day after turning my computer back on I do believe it installed some MORE updates and that may of caused the issue I'm out of ideas and about to drop this thing off at my nearest computer store Seriously I'm at wits end here If you need an event viewer log from my computer I can get one once I get home from work today Otherwise I can't give any logs or other info until I get home Thanks in advance for any advice PC Specs OS Windows Home Premium x CPU Intel i - Motherboard ASUS H PRO GAMING LGA Intel H HDMI SATA Gb s USB Memory Crucial GB Single DDR MT s PC - CL DR x Graphics Card s MSI GAMING GeForce GTX GB OC DirectX Hard Drives Samsung EVO GB -Inch SATA III Internal SSD MZ- E B AM WD Blue TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - RPM SATA Gb s MB Cache Inch - WD EZEX PSU w Antivirus MalwareBytes AVG AntiVirus Free Browser Google Chrome

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395366-intermittent-freezes-keyboard-mouse-stop-working-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

After 30-60 minutes of job my mouse and keyboard stop responding but lights ara still blinking
I NEED HELP

A:Mouse and keyboard randomly stop working and then it start to blink

Have you tried replacing them?

If this is a work computer...have you contacted the organization's IT personnel?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526675/mouse-and-keyboard-randomly-stop-working-and-then-it-start-to-blink/
Relevancy 79.98%

Ok so I've I thought this problem was ultimately isolated to just opening photoshop but now it just does it with any program on randomly, keyboard stop Computer mouse Reboots working and startup period How it works is my computer randomly reboots and when it starts back up again the mouse keyboard and sometimes monitor are not working I recently installed new RAM a nvidia gtx graphics card and a new power supply I've tried everything sfc scannow disabling the automatic restart on a fatal error but it does it anyways reinstalling updating the drivers checking the temperature air dusting it out ect everything short of tactical nuclear weaponry but this problem just wont take a hint Any help would be much appreciated I'm nearing a deadline and this problem its starting to be a thorn in my side Edit now my computer just froze and shut down Edit my computer has now bluescreened it listed no error code but Computer Reboots randomly, mouse and keyboard stop working on startup I got a line of text reading x F Its says the crash was caused by ntoskrnl exe

A:Computer Reboots randomly, mouse and keyboard stop working on startup

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361368-computer-reboots-randomly-mouse-keyboard-stop-working-startup.html
Relevancy 79.98%

i have tried everything, taking out everything except the graphics card, 1 stick of ram and the cpu but i cant get the mouse and keyboard to work on the welcome screen. my computer has the following specs:

250 GB hard drive
ATI Radeon 9500 series graphic card
1024 MB Ram
packard bell

please can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this as i dopnt want to take it to a professional and pay for it to be fixed!!!

A:HELP, mouse and keyboard work fine in bios but stop working at the welcome screen!!

What does your manual for your as yet unidentified motherboard say about enabling USB ports in the Bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-mouse-and-keyboard-work-fine-in-bios-but-stop-working-at-the-welcome-screen.78676/
Relevancy 79.98%
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey guys I've had this problem forever now and nothing I try has fixed it I'd SOOOO appreciate any help I can get I have a Rocketfish Wireless bluetooth keyboard and mouse and they have worked ALL :( Bluetooth working TIME!! Mouse/Keyboard Wireless THE stop HID randomly great for quite a while but not anymore I forget exactly when the problem started but I have upgraded my motherboard and everything else that matters in my computer and reinstalled a valid windows vista Wireless Bluetooth HID Mouse/Keyboard randomly stop working ALL THE TIME!! :( basic OS on my PC and the problem still persists So the problem is that both the mouse and keyboard keep freezing throughout the day usually at the same time as each other or one after the other But after about - seconds they start working again I notice it happens more frequently when I'm running more apps or playing a high demanding game but my computer always has leftover resources for anything that may need them So makes no sense After this this problem occurs Event Viewer will show two similar errors Warning Source HidBth Event ID quot Bluetooth HID device fe ec either went out of range or became unresponsive quot and quot Bluetooth HID device e either went out of range or became unresponsive quot Notice the only difference are the device numbers I figure one for the mouse and one for the keyboard I've tried everything that I know to do I have the latest drivers from Microsoft although I have tried to install product drivers for my Rocketfish Bluetooth EDR Class II Wireless USB Adapter from the rocketfish web site They were here http www rocketfishproducts com pc- - - sb-adapter aspxBut when I tried to run the installer it says it I need to uninstall the current drivers restart windows and try again But when I uninstall the drivers and reboot windows installs them again automatically even when I tell it not to Some people have suggested that it could be the power saving options but I checked that out and the settings are fine I even had Microsoft Tech support try and help He told me he Installed the driver for the HID mouse and HID keyboard from the HID Compliant drivers But of course that didn't work So at this point I am out of ideas If someone can help me out it would be great Lots of people may check this thread out in the future because everywhere else I looked no one had the answer I hope that we get this issue fixed and it helps lots of others This problem is causing issues with my employer because I work from home Ok well thanks in advance everyone Colin

A:Wireless Bluetooth HID Mouse/Keyboard randomly stop working ALL THE TIME!! :(

Awww man, seriously? No one has any ideas huh? It's the biggest hassle ever and the problem doesn't even seem THAT complicated... but I guess it is. I'm completely stuck and don't know where to go from here Again, if anyone has any suggestions or even an idea of where to go online for some help, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks again,
Colin

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272372/wireless-bluetooth-hid-mousekeyboard-randomly-stop-working-all-the-time/
Relevancy 79.98%

I am trying to use puppy to recover data from my XP SP3. I can get the puppy to load by entering puppy pfix=ram,noram. The system loads and I can start to search the drives, the keyboard and mouse work for about a minute and then they stop responding. Any clue as to why they stop responding?

A:Puppy linux for data recovery, mouse and keyboard stop working

don;t know why but might be easier to just try the latest Knoppix See How to recover your folders/files when Windows won?t boot

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/puppy-linux-for-data-recovery-mouse-and-keyboard-stop-working.146094/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey there-

I recently bought a wireless keyboard and mouse (Creative Desktop Wireless 8000) for my XP Media Center Edition computer. However, ever since installing, the volume controls on both my normal keyboard and my remote control don't work. In order to change the volume, I have to go to the actual volume control in the taskbar.

I uninstalled the software for the wireless stuff and my volume worked fine again, so I know it's the new software. Anyone know how I can fix this? I really want to be able to use the wireless stuff, but I absolutely need my remote control volume working.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174132/volume-controls-stop-working-after-installing-wireless-keyboard-mouse/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a very strange problem on a computer we are attempting a repair on. No keyboards or mice, either ps/2 or usb, will work properly on this computer.

The computer is running Windows 7 x64.

The reason why it's very strange is that when I plug in a new mouse or keyboard, one that has not been previously installed, it will work until it has become fully installed. The moment the hardware installation popup says "your devices are ready to use", the device becomes completely unresponsive. Lights remain on the mouse and the numlock light continues to stay on but will not respond to any buttons or keys. The computer's time still ticks and the computer will shutdown properly if the power button is pressed so the computer is not frozen.

The same result occurs in safe mode.

We have tried running the windows 7 recovery disc and running 2 different system restores but neither would complete.

A:Mouse and Keyboard stop working after "installed". USB and PS/2

Give this a try.

Shut down the computer.
Unplug the keyboard and mouse. (USB)
Boot the computer then plug in the keyboard and wait for the sound and the popup to go away.
Then plug in the mouse and do the same thing.
Try the mouse and keyboard.
Reboot and see if they still work.

It's very unusual that a PS2 won't work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/341561-mouse-keyboard-stop-working-after-installed-usb-ps-2-a.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,

How can I lock the screen/mouse/keyboard during booting, untill it's finished with booting up ? While locking the screen/mouse/keyboard, I need to have a message displayed which says something like "Please wait untill the PC has been booted up completely".

I need this for my uncle, he is very impatient. As soon the Welcome screen dissapears, he start clicking on all programs and says "its not working !!"... well it is, because after 5 minutes, he has opened Microsoft Autoroute 5x and Route 66 3x... very CPU intensive tasks...

So, does anyone have a problem which can do that for me ?

Thnx

A:How to long Screen/Mouse/Keyboard during booting ?

You may be able to setup hibernation on it instead of completely
shutting down.
It will retain the data in memory and turn back on quicker.
What version of windows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-long-screen-mouse-keyboard-during-booting.792017/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey, i am currently setting up a media room and i'm looking for Suggestions on Long Range Wireless Keyboards and Mice so that i can leave my PC in its current room but control it from the Media room.

The Media room is about 50 feet from the computer room and there are several walls separating the two.

I'm looking for mainly high quality products as i do not want to have to deal with interference and lag issues as i plan to do quite a bit of gaming with the products. If anyone has any suggestions on IR or other types of Wireless input devices it'd be very helpful and i appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!!!

A:Long range wireless keyboard / mouse?

Look at the reviews on this setup..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-range-wireless-keyboard-mouse.150009/
Relevancy 68.37%

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I m not sure where this would go But anyway I use my big screen tv as a monitor on a permanent basic and I keep my computer right next to it so I have to use a wireless mouse and keyboard I ve been using a Gyration the foot range one for the past year or so The only problem is It doesn t have anywhere near a foot range more like a foot range I use a usb extension cord and keep ithe receiver about feet keyboard mouse for best wireless of and the range What's long use? type away or less What's the best type of mouse and keyboard for long range wireless use? and I still get tons of lag The keyboard seems to work fine it s the mouse that s the problem I am always having to move around to different spots because for some reason the mouse works fine in one spot and if I move it about six inches closer or further way from the receiver it s unused at times I m looking for a mouse amp keyboard that if possible i can keep the receiver right next to my computer and have zero lag in anyplace in the room under almost any circumstances I generally sit about feet away from my tv fyi I want to try the Gyration foot range mouse but I have no idea if it is just as much as this one or not Also I ve heard of the Logitech bluetooth mouse that supposedly has a foot range Has anyone tried any of these I am open to any suggestions Please help thanks nbsp

A:What's the best type of mouse and keyboard for long range wireless use?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-the-best-type-of-mouse-and-keyboard-for-long-range-wireless-use.326916/
Relevancy 68.37%

After hitting some website that the popup blocker time stick. and Long Mouse keyboard boot went crazy with now my computer mouse quot sticks quot and the keyboard quits Mouse and keyboard stick. Long boot time responding for a couple Mouse and keyboard stick. Long boot time of seconds at a time After the blocker went crazy the next bootup was quite an ordeal I had to push and hold the quot on quot button several times before the machine would boot Any ideas following is a HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Mouse and keyboard stick. Long boot time WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Nero data Xtras mssysmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Hijack HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System notepad exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run PtiuPbmd Rundll exe ptipbm dll SetWriteBack O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager C PROGRA Nero data Xtras mssysmgr exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - Global Startup QuickBooks Update Agent lnk C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item Do amp wnload by ReGet Pro - C Program Files Common Files ReGet Shared CC Link htm O - Extra context menu item Download A amp ll by ReGet Pro - C Program Files Common Files ReGet Shared CC All htm O - Extra context menu item Download all by Net Transport - C Program Files Xi NetTransport NTAddList html O - Extra context menu item Download by... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-stick-long-boot-time.565474/
Relevancy 66.65%

hi

every time i boot my desktop (running xp sp2) my mouse and keyboard stop working after about half a minute. If i run it in safe mode, they just work, but in normal mode they stop working.
is this a virus, and if so, how can i get rid of it?

A:mouse + keyboard stop?

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/mouse-keyboard-stop-429912.html
Relevancy 66.22%

hi there my mouse jumps around the screen and upon restart neither my mouse moving mouse restart, not working Solved: keyboard trojan? irradically, on and mouse or my keyboard would work without unplugging them and re-plugging Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? them in also i have alot of suspicious processes running that wont turn off and my internet is very jumpy and pages take along time to load below is my HJT log thanks for looking Hello there thank you for taking the time to help me i really appreciate it below is my HJT log file i also have an active scan log file which found a trojan i believe any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLanCfgG exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINNT system wscntfy exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C WINNT system SNDVOL EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgwb dat C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll file missing O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINNT IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ID EYTHM C PROGRA COMMON Adobe ADOBEV Server bin VERSIO EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AirPort Base Station Agent quot C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe quot O - HKCU Run RealPlayer quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-moving-irradically-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-on-restart-trojan.761670/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone,

Just looking to see if anyone could assist me in solving a minor problem? My microsoft laser mouse light and keyboard lights seem to be staying on even after PC is shutdown.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Neutron

Specs

Thermaltake Armor case
Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo
Intel P4 3.2 g Cpu
1G OCZ Ram
Evga 256MB Video Cards X2 SLI
2X maxter 40G HD's in Raid 0
Thermaltake big water Liquid cooling

A:mouse and keyboard lights stay on even after shutdown??

thats quite normal with some types of motherboard - nothing to be worried about!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-lights-stay-on-even-after-shutdown.457907/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a newly reimaged Dell Optiplex GX520. Twice in the past two days, my USB mouse and keyboard have stopped responding. The first time this happened, I simply unplugged them and plugged them back in and the problem was solved. Today, the second time, unplugging did not work. I had to reboot my entire system.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how I can fix it?

A:USB Mouse and Keyboard Stop Responding

have your checked for any updated drivers for them?
Also, they sell usb to P/S s connectors, so you can connect the USB keyboard/mouse to the standard round ports in the back of the pc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-mouse-and-keyboard-stop-responding.514884/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am running a Windows 98 machine and after around 5-10 minutes of me turning the pc on my mouse and keyboard stop responding.

I have tried unplugging them but they still wont work when I plug them back in.

Everything else on the computer seems fine as videos still play after the mouse and keyboard have stopped responding.

Some help would be great.

A:Mouse & Keyboard stop responding

you sould not unplug and replug the mouse and keyboard while the computer is running. If you need to do so shut it down first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-keyboard-stop-responding.420591/
Relevancy 66.22%

Greetings,

My mouse and keyboard stop responding when working together. The mouse works perfectly fine alone, and so does the keyboard.
So I bought a new keyboard to replace the old one; however, the problem still persists.

What should be done? Thank you in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-and-keyboard-stop-responding-273584.html
Relevancy 66.22%

This seems to be a common problem for the company I work for. On some workstations the mouse or keyboard or both randomly stop working (as if they were disconnected). I tried updating the drivers with no success. Any suggestions?

EDIT: when I suspect the keyboard and mouse is not working, how can I be certain the computer is not froze?

A:Keyboard and mouse stop responding

Are the Keyboard and mouse plugged in by PS2 or USB? If it is PS2, try and plug in a USB keyboard and/or mouse, see if there are any responses.. Other things you can try to do to look for a computer response and see if it is frozen is plug in ANY USB device, it should start checking for hardware or at least have something show.

Also the time in the bottom right corner will count up as time passes, this will also tell you the system is not completely frozen, or you could run some type of counting/visual program that loops and continues, see if it runs after the mouse/keyboard stop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-mouse-stop-responding.156819/
Relevancy 66.22%

Good day to all....

I would like to seek your assistance regarding my problem on my PC. The mouse and keyboard stop functioning after the start-up.

Is is a virus? If it is a virus, how can kill it?

Many thanks

McNoeron

A:Mouse & Keyboard stop functioning

Hello -

It seems you have a similar post in the Windows XP section already.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...up-405812.html

Please do not create multiple topics for the same issue.

Personally, I would think it's more a driver conflict issue. Does the same thing happen in Safe Mode? Add any comment/concern about that in your other topic.

For more detailed assistance if you think the machine is infected.....

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. I currently have as many open topics as I can effectively handle; this will have you back in queue with the proper logs so an available helper would be able to assist.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/mouse-and-keyboard-stop-functioning-406117.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I purchased an Asus ET2410IUTS-5 All-In-One PC. It came with a wireless full keyboard and mouse combo. The keyboard works fine but the mouse does nothing. All properties say both devices are installed and working properly but the mouse still does nothing. Model number on each device is as follows:
Keyboard - AK1L
Mouse - AM1L
Receiver - AR1L

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 65.79%

Last night in mid gaming ... Computer shutdown for a brief instant and the restarted ... But would never Re-Post ... Screen stayed blank and neither keyboard nor mouse would light up ... Fans and Drives look to be all running ...

Have not taken apart yet to look for motherboard lights but will later today after work. Have tried disconnecting Power Cord (reseting) and still just lights, fans and no screen keyboard or mouse ... oh and I tested the montior with another computer and monitor works fine ... so are we talking ram, video card or motherboard?? Thanks in advance ....

A:Computer shutdown/restart and now no monitor/keyboard/mouse!

What is the make and wattage of your power supply? Have you tested it with a digital multimeter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shutdown-restart-and-now-no-monitor-keyboard-mouse.158615/
Relevancy 65.36%

It happens randomly and suddenly the keyboard AND Keyboard responding Mouse and randomly stop mouse will just stop responding The lights on the keyboard and mouse are still on the computer is still running the game is still running everything is working fine except the Keyboard and Mouse randomly stop responding keyboard mouse are not working I have tried unplugging them and plugging them back in in different ports and still they don't work The only way to fix it is to restart the computer and then they work again This seems to be happening more and more frequently with each occurrence I have tried installing the latest Bios and drivers Using a different keyboard and mouse reinstalling windows running in safe mode and it still happens I have tried Using a Different Keyboard MouseUpdating BiosReinstalling WindowsUsing different USB portsUpdating all other driversUnplugging everything and holding the power button for several seconds to release excess static build-up Virus Scans Power management None of this solves the problem OS Windows Home Premium -bit Processor Intel reg Core i - CPU Ghz CPUS Ghz GPU AMD Radeon HD RAM MB RAM Thanks

A:Keyboard and Mouse randomly stop responding

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size. Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490153/keyboard-and-mouse-randomly-stop-responding/
Relevancy 65.36%

Recently I have been having this problem where my PS keyboard and mouse both stop responding The lights are still on but neither work Sometimes it happens just to my mouse and not the keyboard but randomly stop responding Keyboard/Mouse (PS/2) usually both When it happens they are not responding for anywhere from a few seconds to a Keyboard/Mouse randomly stop responding (PS/2) few minutes but by that point I restart the computer If it happens just to the mouse putting the computer to sleep using the keyboard and wakening it again fixes the problem I have tried to update the drivers in device manager by letting windows search for them online but it says they are up-to-date I also checked all the connections inside the computer unplugging and re-plugging each one as well as air-dusting Is anyone able to help me find out whats wrong or how I can fix it Thanks in advance EDIT If I can't find a fix I think I will just purchase a USB mouse and keyboard but I'd rather try fix the problem first EDIT I am still very much in need of help

A:Keyboard/Mouse randomly stop responding (PS/2)

Well, this can be hard to fix as normally we will suggest opening task manager or resource manager when this occurs to see if you are experiencing high cpu usage, which can cause input devices to become unresponsive. But to open those, you need...a keyboard and/or a mouse! If it only effects the mouse, you can try opening task manager with the keyboard (Ctrl+shift+Esc), and see if you are experiencing high CPU usage.

You can also try unplugging the unresponsive device, and plugging it back in to see if that re-enables it. If it is not an actual PS2 issue, a USB device may not correct the problem. If the problem was happening regularly, you could either boot to safe mode to see if it occurs there, or (better for prolonged testing), perform a clean start to see if there is a conflict causing the problem.

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Also, the event viewer may provide some help

Event Viewer - Open and Use in Windows 7

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225767-keyboard-mouse-randomly-stop-responding-ps-2-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My mouse and keyboard stop responding once I join a server (or a single player game, even) in Battlefield 2. They work fine in the game menus and server browser, but cease functioning when I join the actual game. What on earth could be causing this?

A:Mouse and keyboard stop responding in-game

Have you checked to make sure that you have the game set up to receive instructions from your keyboard and mouse?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-stop-responding-in-game.380685/
Relevancy 65.36%

I've been having this problem for a while and I'm at my wits end I reformatted a few days ago out of desperation and it still didn't help I'll be playing a game for a couple hours and suddenly I lose control of the mouse and keyboard Everything is still running though I can see what's going on in the game until I ultimately run into a wall I can hear everything but I have no control The only way out is a hard restart It has also happened while just browsing the web but less frequently I don't get it ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine Keyboard and [SOLVED] Responding Mouse Stop name SPLODEYDOPE-PC Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer SYX System Model SYX-P Z -VLE BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting DPI percent System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag [SOLVED] Mouse and Keyboard Stop Responding Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems [SOLVED] Mouse and Keyboard Stop Responding found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name AMD Radeon HD Series Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor x BA DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV BA amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model HD Monitor Id GWY A Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - BFA- CF- - A BEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x BA SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag Evergreen pci ven amp dev ba Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps C C - FB - F - - BF EE D Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E ... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Mouse and Keyboard Stop Responding

Seems I had a bad USB port. Disregard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-mouse-and-keyboard-stop-responding-691196.html
Relevancy 64.93%

very difficult as havin to use on-screen keyboard.
i installed software for motorola l6 and played solitaire, then shutdown last night. this morning couldn't logon to vista cos of no mouse or keyboard. dug out a usb mouse and used the onscreen keyboard to find out in devmgr that high def audio controller, two instances of my intel core2 duo cpu e7300, generic pnp monitor, pci standard isa bridge and umbus root bus enumerator all have the yellow ! icon.
driver details says could not initialize (code 37)
tried microsoft help ;uninstall, reboot and reinstalling but that jus returned (code 37) again.

please help!this pc is about 3 wks old!

thank you

A:missing audio device mouse keyboard after normal shutdown!

The make and model number for the computer would be a good place to start

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219291/missing-audio-device-mouse-keyboard-after-normal-shutdown/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,
Please if any one can help me out.My keaboard and mouse (Both PS2) stop responding few minutes after booting my PC.This is a very new problem for me.
The details of my PC are P4,Windows 2003 Server

A:Keyboard(PS2) and Mouse(PS2) stop responding after few minutes(15-20)of booting my PC

Have you made any changes to your system lately?

Does win2003 server have the system rollback function like XP? If so, set it back to the last date you know the keyboard and mouse were working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-ps2-and-mouse-ps2-stop-responding-after-few-minutes-15-20-of-booting-my-pc.36708/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have 300GB of my hard drive partitioned off for backups, and I periodically do a backup on an external hard drive. I haven't had a problem with this setup until a few days ago, when my backup space completely filled. This wasn't typically a problem; I'd just delete some old backup periods and move on. Now, however, I discovered that my backup period is 3/27/11 through today, and I can't delete that or I lose my entire backup. (Before anyone asks, I do save only the most recent system image.)

Is there any way to manually control the backup period time to prevent this from happening in the future? I'll solve my immediate problem by extending my backup partition until I can delete an old backup period, but I'd like to prevent this from happening.

Thanks!

A:Backup Period Too Long

My experience has been that Windows (file/folder) backup will continue to add to the existing backup set until at some point it decides to create an additional new backup set.
- A reimage will trigger a new backup set.
- Change of backup location will trigger a new backup set
- deleting all existing backups will trigger a new backup set
Apart from these observations I don't know what algorithm Windows uses to trigger new backup sets.

It's clumsy, but you can use "Change settings" to toggle between two backup partition locations to achieve what I think you want.

Windows backup (excluding images!) adds incrementally to the set. If your sets are getting too large then you probably need to prune off some of the more static data using simple drag and drop to a location and exclude this from the normal backup set.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/161157-backup-period-too-long.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey All blank responding [SOLVED] and Monitor and mouse stop Goes keyboard Looking for some help with my unique crashing problem First off its random and only [SOLVED] Monitor Goes blank and keyboard and mouse stop responding happens in Windows XP Normal Doesn't happen in Pure DOS Through Free-DOS or in Safe Mode Usually I'll turn on my pc and start playing games or surf the web it doesn't seem to be dependant on a single program running What happens is the monitor goes blank Like when XP turns it off due to inactivity and then the optical mouse light goes out and the keyboard locks Any audio that I'm playing at the time stops too At this point I have to Hard reboot the PC from the switch on the tower to get it to work [SOLVED] Monitor Goes blank and keyboard and mouse stop responding again Then it seems to work fine for days after that Weird eh Sorry I'm Canadian So looking for any help here I'm using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack and all the Windows Updates I'll also post a DirectX log Event Viewer Logs and CPU-Z log for you guys too look over Should contain everything you need As per your forum rules here's my answer to these questions Were there recent crashes that could have caused this problem Nope just this Did you install new software recently If this is the case Which software Nope Did you do any of the following Run a scan with an updated anti-virus program Yes Avast V No Viruses - Run a scan with an updated anti-Trojan program Yes Avast checks for this too none - Run a scan with an updated root kit detection program Yes Rootkit Unhooker it did find some things will post log - Run anti-spyware scans with at least two freshly updated anti-spyware programs Yes Spybot S amp D and Ad-Aware no spyware malware or dialers Link to CPU-Z log http quaddamage clanservers com stuff cpuz htm UPDATE Forgot to mention that I have done a chkdsk and Defragment thinking it may be a file that is corrupt but all my drives are in great condition with no errors I also use Perfect Disk for defragmentation

A:[SOLVED] Monitor Goes blank and keyboard and mouse stop responding

Bump for help. Any ideas guys?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-monitor-goes-blank-and-keyboard-and-mouse-stop-responding-291909.html
Relevancy 64.07%

The jist of the problem is as follows Every now and then my keyboard and mouse USB will both stop responding my cursor just hangs there and I cannot control anything with the keyboard The only remedy seems to be a responding and keyboard intervals Mouse stop at random [SOLVED] hard reboot holding the power button down It can happen anywhere from once a week to ten times a day I'm keeping a tally here and it's at as I'm typing this with total last week Sometimes I'll hear the USB connection sound as it happens sometimes I won't I'd really appreciate help on the matter It's been going on for perhaps a month now Information -In event viewer it seems as though events and appear just prior to the quot crash quot -System specs can be seen in attached txt file Some of the things I've tried amongst many others -Waiting a few hours for responsiveness to return [SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard stop responding at random intervals it doesn't -Updating drivers and BIOS -Running a clean restart -Plugging keyboard and mouse into different ports -Allocating more power to both -Again several other quot solutions quot If you have anything anything at all to suggest feel free Thanks for reading

A:[SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard stop responding at random intervals

When you plugged the keyboard or mouse into different ports, did you try plugging the mouse directly into the computer rather than a hub?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-mouse-and-keyboard-stop-responding-at-random-intervals-676846.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Keyboard/mouse not working Windows XP
EU's computer boots to XP, gets to the desktop, and keyboard and mouse stop functioning. Same story Safe Mode, and Last Known Good.

Tried different Keyboard/mouse.(PS2 or USB )

No PS/2 connectors.

Found a XP Pro disk - it wouldn't repair (couldn't see) the XP Home install, but I loaded a new windows install in a new directory. Keyboard and mouse work there, so the hardware's ok.

So, how do I fix the problem in the old Windows install?

A:EU's computer boots to XP, gets to the desktop, and keyboard and mouse stop functioni

Hello thanigai777 and welcome to TSF,

Did you install the second XP on a separate partition or on the same partition?

If you can still boot into the old installation, I would like you to perform a clean boot.

How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state

This will disable all non-Microsoft tasks and services from running. If the KB/M work, then we can take further steps to narrow down the cause.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/eus-computer-boots-to-xp-gets-to-the-desktop-and-keyboard-and-mouse-stop-functioni-679648.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there,

This is my new laptop. I got it just one week. However, USB 3.0 port is very weird. It always stop working when i used it for several hours. I try to update the driver, but i still seems not working.

are there any other solutions?

A:Satellite R830 - USB3.0 port stop working after long time usage

> It always stop working when i used it for several hours.
How do you know this? Is some external device connected and you use it several hours for data transfer or something similar?
And after notebook restart everything is OK again?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66894-Satellite-R830-USB3-0-port-stop-working-after-long-time-usage