Windows Support Forum

(KB3124263) Stuck Downloading

Q: (KB3124263) Stuck Downloading

Hi another win 10 user here who has had problems receiving windows updates.Update (KB3124263) has been stuck at 45% for 3 or 4 days now.I've read some of the other threads here explaining so-called fixes but I'm not totally confident in deleting files and folders and moving things around.Does anyone know how I am able to stop the downloading of this update?.

Thanks any info would be much appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: (KB3124263) Stuck Downloading

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: (KB3124263) Stuck Downloading

Update has finally downloaded and installed.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/37695-kb3124263-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 53.32%

After installing Win10 x64 KB3124263 update, fingerprint reader appears as "not connected" in HP Client Security.I've already tried all possible solution found here in the forum.The update leaves the fingerprint dead and broken. Any info about how to solve?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Fingerprint-not-connected-after-KB3124263-update/td-p/5695089
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi friends This the first time am having an issues with the update center the rest of updates from to Update Install KB3124263 - Cumulative Failed today Office were fine Once again when am trying to KB3124263 - Cumulative Update Failed to Install install KB - am stuck at Getting Windows ready after performing Windows update the only way to get rid of it after min is to press the RESET button Tried sfc scannow gt CBS Log - - Info CSI f f SR Verify complete - - Info CSI f SR Repairing components - - Info CSI f SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI f Hashes for file member C WINDOWS SysWOW opencl dll do not match actual file l quot opencl dll quot Found l vWh Aagi wmt CrcoQZCog Hd BxBdtaVBb iWgk Expected l rnAnuwzPjMQA sW oNAVhckspIngsqJXKYSUeQ Do - - Info CSI f SR Repairing corrupted file l ml quot C WINDOWS SysWOW quot l quot opencl dll quot from store - - Info CSI f Primitive installers committed for repair - - Info CSI f SR Repair complete - - Info CSI f SR Committing transaction - - Info CSI f Creating NT transaction seq objectname quot null quot - - Info CSI f Created NT transaction seq result x handle x c - - Info CSI f Beginning NT transaction commit - - Info CSI f a CSI perf trace CSIPERF TXCOMMIT - - Info CSI f b SR Verify and Repair Transaction completed All files and registry keys listed in this transaction have been successfully repaired - - Info CBS Trusted Installer is shutting down because SHUTDOWN REASON AUTOSTOP - - Info CBS TiWorker signaled for shutdown going to exit - - Info CBS CbsCoreFinalize ExecutionEngineFinalize - - Info CBS Ending the TiWorker main loop Are both issues related

A:KB3124263 - Cumulative Update Failed to Install

Hello

From the CBS log it looks as if the repair was to an opencl.dll file which is not related to a windows update but usually to do with graphics cards such as nVidia cards which change the opencl.dll file.

Have you still got problems trying to install KB3124263? Quite often these problems sort themselves out after a day or two.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/37637-kb3124263-cumulative-update-failed-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi friends This the first time am having an issues with the update center the rest of updates from today Office were fine Once again when am trying to install KB - am stuck at Getting to Update Install Cumulative Failed - KB3124263 Windows ready after performing Windows update the only way to get rid of it after min is to press the RESET button Tried sfc scannow gt CBS Log - - Info CSI f f SR Verify complete - - Info CSI f SR Repairing components - - Info CSI f SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI f Hashes for file member C WINDOWS SysWOW opencl dll do not match actual file l quot opencl KB3124263 - Cumulative Update Failed to Install dll quot Found l vWh Aagi wmt CrcoQZCog Hd BxBdtaVBb iWgk Expected l rnAnuwzPjMQA sW oNAVhckspIngsqJXKYSUeQ Do - - Info CSI f SR Repairing corrupted file l ml quot C WINDOWS SysWOW quot l quot opencl dll quot from store - - Info CSI f Primitive installers committed for repair - - Info CSI f SR Repair complete - - Info CSI f SR Committing transaction - - Info CSI f Creating NT transaction seq objectname quot null quot - - Info CSI f Created NT transaction seq result x handle x c - - Info CSI f Beginning NT transaction commit - - Info CSI f a CSI perf trace CSIPERF TXCOMMIT - - Info CSI f b SR Verify and Repair Transaction completed All files and registry keys listed in this transaction have been successfully repaired - - Info CBS Trusted Installer is shutting down because SHUTDOWN REASON AUTOSTOP - - Info CBS TiWorker signaled for shutdown going to exit - - Info CBS CbsCoreFinalize ExecutionEngineFinalize - - Info CBS Ending the TiWorker main loop Are both issues related

A:KB3124263 - Cumulative Update Failed to Install

Hello

From the CBS log it looks as if the repair was to an opencl.dll file which is not related to a windows update but usually to do with graphics cards such as nVidia cards which change the opencl.dll file.

Have you still got problems trying to install KB3124263? Quite often these problems sort themselves out after a day or two.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37637-kb3124263-cumulative-update-failed-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I left the room for about mins and when I returned my Win Pro was downloading-installing a quot critical quot update It installed successfully but when I tried to play quot any quot audio or video file from quot any quot source I get nothing It is a new update so there isnt much info out there that I have found one source said they experienced wireless problem and thats it this happen on Sunday I grew up with Win XP and was comfortable with where everything was laid out not so much with Win not sure this info is important but I bought this Dell PC with Win Pro installed upgraded to Win and now wondering if I cant figure installing After video.. all lost audio KB3124263...I of and this issue out can I reinstall Win from factory defaults OR have I given up the Win license and I m stuck with Win Last note I considered uninstalling the update but since MS has it as a critical update the source I read said that it would After installing of KB3124263...I lost all audio and video.. download and install at a After installing of KB3124263...I lost all audio and video.. later date so I feel stuck Idea s please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-installing-of-kb3124263-i-lost-all-audio-and-video.1165000/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey
So had to format my system yesterday,it usually takes around 2-3 hours for WU on"Checking for Updates" but this time it toke more than 12 hours to find them,when checked to start downloading them it wont download,it's been an hour now just " Downloading 246 updates(0 KB total,0% Complete)" is there any way to avoid this ? or is Microsoft that desperate ?

A:Downloading updates stuck at 0%

You are correct, MS is desperate, let it run overnight.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398771-downloading-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:
Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

A:Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Originally Posted by TomStrong

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:
Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

Please run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
Please provide the exact details of any problem it reports as not fixed.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34487-downloading-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Sorry if this is not the proper place for this question. I just bought a laptop with Windows 10 and in the Windows Store, a download for Microsoft .Net Framework package has been stuck downloading for about a week now. It's interfering with my ability to download anything else. How do I get rid of this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/net-framework-package-stuck-downloading.1160793/
Relevancy 50.31%

Trying to upgrade from windows to The reserve icon was not on the taskbar went to windows update 0% Windows at stuck downloading Update found out I had important updates which will not download when I try Also update and support programs from samsung will not open Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Johnson administrator on JOHNSON-PC - - Running from C Users Johnson Downloads Loaded Profiles Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading Johnson amp Available Profiles Johnson amp Mcx -JOHNSON-PC Platform Windows Home Premium X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files BT Broadband Desktop Help btbb BTHelpNotifier exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe McAfee Inc C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe PC Tools C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcContextHookShim exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Samsung Electronics Co Ltd C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe Piriform Ltd C Program Files CCleaner CCleaner exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxext exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files x Common Files Motive pcCMService exe Alcatel-Lucent C Program Files Common Files Motive pcCMService exe PC Tools C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v SMSvcHost exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Samsung Electronics Co Ltd C Program Files x Samsung EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe SEC C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Recovery Solution WCScheduler exe SAMSUNG Electronics C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Support Center SSCKbdHk exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MpCmdRun exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in ... Read more

A:Windows Update stuck at 0% downloading

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===If present remove this program in bold using the Add/Remove Program applet.Iminent (x32 Version: 6.46.1.0 - Iminent) Hidden <==== ATTENTIONPress the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [mobilegeni daemon] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Mobogenie\DaemonProcess.exe
Winlogon\Notify\GoToAssist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\GoToAssist\570\G2AWinLogon_x64.dll [X]
HKLM\...D6A79037F57F\InprocServer32: [Default-fastprox] fastprox.dllATTENTION! ====> ZeroAccess?
HKU\S-1-5-18-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\...\RunOnce: [SpUninstallDeleteDir] => rmdir /s /q "C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect"
HKU\S-1-5-18\...\RunOnce: [SpUninstallDeleteDir] => rmdir /s /q "C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\SearchProtect"
ShortcutTarget: tcbhn.lnk -> C:\Users\Johnson\AppData\Roaming\BrowserCompanion\tcbhn.exe (No File)
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD21} URL = hxxp://search.certified-toolbar.com?si=41179&bs=true&tid=397&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {afdbddaa-5d3f-42ee-b79c-185a7020515b} URL = hxxp://search.imesh.com//web?src=ieb&appid=233&systemid=1&sr=0&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001 -> {1D32D3B1-F17B-4A58-A16E-08256D17CF6F} URL = hxxp://websearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&tb=ORJ&o=100000027&src=crm&q={searchTerms}&locale=en_UK&apn_ptnrs=U3&apn_dtid=OSJ000YYGB&apn_uid=6027BB5D-A4A3-4B1B-AA7F-401E09A54F2B&apn_sauid=84B0E9BF-ACF8-4DC7-B6CA-D9260CF19CDB&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001 -> {9BB47C17-9C68-4BB3-B188-DD9AF0FD2406} URL = hxxp://dts.search-results.com/sr?src=ieb&appid=102&systemid=406&q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{ED1FC765-E35E-4C3D-BF15-2C2B11260CE4}-0 -> {1D32D3B1-F17B-4A58-A16E-08256D17CF6F} URL = hxxp://websearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&tb=ORJ&o=100000027&src=crm&q={searchTerms}&locale=en_UK&apn_ptnrs=U3&apn_dtid=OSJ000YYGB&apn_uid=6027BB5D-A4A3-4B1B-AA7F-401E09A54F2B&apn_sauid=84B0E9BF-ACF8-4DC7-B6CA-D9260CF19CDB&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-1964744218-1090075281-1278556077-1001-{E... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590109/windows-update-stuck-at-0-downloading/
Relevancy 50.31%

after an update version aka new windows 10 version, i check my window update , and its stuck.
on downloading 0 %. already check windows update servicing, sfc, trouble shooting, dism, nothing works for me..
a help pls?

A:Windows Update stuck at downloading

Hi,

what type of connection do you use to access the Internet - mobile broadband (cellular), WiFi or Ethernet?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58709-windows-update-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Everyone....

I have been struggling thru this Win 7 update hassle on my two Dell PCs both running Win 7 , 64 bit, SP1, Windows firewall, and Avast Free. In the past, updates just took a while, but eventually, they went thru OK.

Suddenly, after this week's updates, one of my PCs got stuck at 0% downloading 5 selected updates since Tuesday. The other PC updated properly with no problem.

I have left the system on for hours on end, but it is still 0%.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400758-win-7-updates-stuck-downloading-three-days.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Everytime i am downloading a file, if i play an audio file it will sound like the sounds keeps getting stuck and making a weird electric buzz then continues and repeats... how can I fix this? what extra info do you need?

A:audio sounds like it keeps getting stuck when downloading

free up some resources, (stop unnec. services, not needed startup programs, not too many apps running at once), add more ram, faster internet connection
sounds like your pc is using a lot of processes at one time and causing the pc to do too many things at one time for what it can handle

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-sounds-like-it-keeps-getting-stuck-when-downloading.681790/
Relevancy 50.31%

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200) has been stuck at downloading updates 52% for over a day. Does anyone else have this issue? How do you kill the update and try again?

A:Update KB3124200 Stuck Downloading at 52%

Originally Posted by Steve C

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200) has been stuck at downloading updates 52% for over a day. Does anyone else have this issue? How do you kill the update and try again?

Steve, if the updates are stuck, resetting should help:
Do the steps as indicated here:
Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10
Let us know how it goes.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35491-update-kb3124200-stuck-downloading-52-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

i cant get anny further than 0 kb 0% when downloading the latest updates i did a clean instal but no sucess
still 90 essential updates to go ran it over a night and not even 1kb furter

A:Windows Update Stuck at downloading

Try disconnecting your PC from the internet>close Windows Update>reopen windows update and see if an install (not download) button is showing and click it. Then reboot and start downloading the next batch. Sometimes Windows needs to install what it has before it can download and install the rest. You might have to do this a couple of times. Windows also (like recently) has to update Windows Update before it can further download.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65449-windows-update-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My Windows 10 version 1511 is set to download and install updates automatically but this morning, the updates download got stuck at 0% for a long time. Even after a reboot, it would not budge.
Do you guys have the same problem here?

Maybe during the downloading of the updates, I had turned off my notebook, so would that have a negative effect on the way the updates are downloaded or in process of downloading?
So for example, next time if there is a Windows Update and the downloads are in progress, is it OK to turn off my machine while Windows 10 is downloading the patches or security updates?

The only way I could recover from this mess, is that I read these steps from the below link.
?www.thewindowsclub.com/w ??? -updates

But overall in general, the way Win10 handles these updates is a PURE MESS, and I hope in Redstone, this will be fixed.
I never had these issues in Win7...

A:Win10 Updates stuck downloading

I had a hard time updating my 10586 (1511) Version so I let it update and download over night. DON'T !! it also downloaded the "Feature update", meaning the anniversary update and tried to install that. I interrupted the update so Windows will be forced to go back to the 1511 Version.
Whenever a new cumulative update is available, I made it a habit to download it from the catalog:
Microsoft Update Catalog

that way I do not rely on the Windows update and can do that even disconnected from the web.. Has always worked for me...

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63733-win10-updates-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This issue started this past Saturday Dec Per Windows Update Posting instructions Downloaded SURT When first tried to download SURT on Saturday it would not download But when tried again yesterday Sun Dec - it was successful However although it said the installation and 0% Windows at 7 Downloading stuck Updates-Checking of was successful and it showed up in Update History it did NOT show up in Installed Updates I tried it twice SFC Scan I read about doing this on other websites as well The first time I ran it it came back with the message that it fixed errors The nd time I ran it the results were no violations and when I ran Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% it a rd time which the attached CBS log is from it also had no errors Windows Update Error Codes The biggest problem is the check Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% updates Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0% or the downloading updates just don't go anywhere I did get an error message when I tried to download SURT as mentioned above but I was able to get it downloaded yesterday The other error code I got was when I did a System Restore Point It came back with the xc code and said it didn't restore the system But it must have because the Update information was different and reflected the date of the restore points Plus any changes I had done were gone and reflected the date of the restore points And the other error code was from the Diagnostic Tool from the help feature in Windows I think it was the error that it said it couldn't fix It did list some other issues that it said it fixed but I did not write it down or get a screenshot I could run that tool again if needed to verify Log Collection I was not able to attach the CBS log - I tried times and each time received a server error And then realized it's because of file size Even my zip file is just too big Please advise on how to get the information Start New Thread Hopefully I did that correctly I spent quite a bit of time trying various other things - such as the restore points clean disk and I also did a Checkdisk from the cmd prompt I did foray into a slight addition to the registry from a suggestion from another website but ended up deleting it because I didn't think it fixed anything at all and I don't like messing with the registry I did a system restore point after that I also did the SoftwareDistribution folder thing that is mentioned on many websites but that didn't help either I did try the start and stop services from cmd prompt as well with no change either Currently my workaround is copying the updates from the Update Catalog and installing them one by one manually Obviously that is quite time consuming and as I did get months behind will take awhile to get through them all Plus I am concerned about the order I am doing the oldest first and also worried about making a mistake and or missing some So far I've managed to get installed and have verified they are showing up in Installed Updates I also ran the Fixit and the other diagnostic tool recommended on the MS websites The Fixit tool didn't seem to do anything at all and the other tool returned the error code mentioned above I also called my AV company AVG Internet Security and had them do a disable AV with me over the phone and attempted to download updates There wasn't any change I also disabled the AV again yesterday and there was no difference I have done full computer scans for viruses with no issues reported I greatly appreciate any and all assistance to get this resolved and thank you in advance for your time Regards Hank

A:Windows 7 Updates-Checking and Downloading stuck at 0%

I went online to try again tonight and it appears that the Updates are working. I don't know how or why but I'm now thinking it was more of an overloaded server than anything else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/387673-windows-7-updates-checking-downloading-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,

So basically, I ran windows update on my PC (I recently made a fresh install), it started downloading very slowly ; until it reached 25% where it's been at for 30 minutes. I tried stopping the download and selecting another update, to see if it was just one update that wouldn't download, but I had the same result :

Windows update was just stuck downloading.

EDIT: screen of the updates in question :
I tried to stop the firewall in ESET Smart Security; nothing. I tried the Fixit tools (.exe and .cab versions), nothing. (except that the .cab version is just stuck too).

Has that happened to any of you guys before?

I had problems yesterday with windows update (BSOD while installing updates), and it just wrecked my computer, and I had to restore to factory settings. But that can't be related?

A:Windows Update service stuck in downloading

Update : I tried to reboot, and got stuck on "windows is preparing your computer blablabla". So I hard rebooted, logged in, and now the windows update service doesn't show up any longer, I can't run anything because the UAC prompt is gone (I can't do anything that requires admin privileges)...
Fml

I am currently restoring my computer using the windows restore option... And it's stuck on "restoring your files".

So if it doesn't work out, I'll have to factory reset my computer for the third time in two days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/338125-windows-update-service-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I need help fixing this issue:The problem is its connected to the HP servers but for some reason it stops at "downloading messages and updates definition". Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, then rebooting my laptop but it still doesnt work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-support-assistant-is-stuck-on-downloading-and-updates/td-p/5840180
Relevancy 49.88%

I have spent many days trying to get a handle about what is the behavior of Windows Update process when it hangs Downloading at I have looked through many of the threads on this problem to see if there is a pattern to the failures or a solution that works for many people Even though it is stated not to try what others have done in other posts I have done some of these I have also gone above this and tried analyze what the system is doing when in this state I have some results but no answers The issues I'm having may be unique to my setup but I hope my results are helpful to the larger Windows community Based on the results of my testing I am approaching the opinion that this problem of Windows Update hanging is percipitated by one or more of the following M doesn't care that update is fatally broken and won't fix it The engineers currently working on this at M are totally incompetent in about Downloading Another Windows at 0% stuck Update thread their ability to fix it M is deliberately sabataging Windows and Window in order to force everybody to update to Windows Background The system I'm running my Another thread about Windows Update stuck at Downloading 0% lastest tests on is a HP Elitebook P It is built with a Core Duo T with GB RAM Installed is Win Pro x Another system that is exhibiting the problem is a Dell Optiplex running a Core Duo E with GB RAM on Windows Pro x A third system I'm using is built on an Asus motherboard running a Core i CPU with GB Ram running Win Pro x I know these are ancient systems I'm working on upgrading the i system now For some reason the windows update is not hanging on the i system I don't know why at this point What I have done to solve this I ran the SURT and SFC Scan multiple times The SURT did find errors and fixed most of them if the specific errors are needed I'll have to rerun the tests After the SURT is run it takes about hours to complete the check for new updates After running the SURT what tends to happen is the first time I try to install updates a few the updates install in less than minutes When I restart and try to install more updates the Update window hangs at for about hours and then they install successfully I have manually reset the update client by using the process where you delete the files in the SoftwareDistribution folder Again when I run Windows Update it will take hours 'Checking for updates' Then the first time I run Windows update I can install a few updates in less than minutes The second time Windows Update will be stuck downloading at and will take about hours to complete the updates For the nuclear option I completely reinstalled my HP system from a base Windows CD which didn't have SP After the initial install the only software I installed was Firefox and Wireshark a The initial install went normally I was able to install all updates that were pending prior to SP without any lengthy delay b I installed the service Pack update This update installed with no apparent issues c After the install of SP I was prompted to install the latest Windows Update Clent This is where all went to h--- d After installing the new client the first time I installed some NET updates I was able to install them without delay The second time it took hours to check for updates Then another hours to install the x NET updates e I then attempted some Security updates and again it took over hours to install the updates During the next run of Security Updates I fired up Process Monitor Here is some of what I found there may be other relevant data I haven't found yet After filtering out all non-related processes I find something extremely interesting After an initial flurry of activity the svchost exe process and process tree gets into a loop where it is playing with itself and where the most of the activity visible is repeatedly reading one or two areas of the Registry The following events occur for the most of the hours Code quot Time of Day quot quot Process Name quot quot PID quot quot ... Read more

A:Another thread about Windows Update stuck at Downloading 0%

Hi John,
The simple answer is MS doesn't want users on W7 any more.
We just have to put up with this situation.
However they say, IF you you want to believe them, that they are in the process of addressing the slow D/L and install of updates for us.

we just have to live with it

note the comp you have with 2Gb ram will allways suffer, thats the min for W7.

Must admit having looked at an awfull lot of windows update logs cant remember seeing those entries

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394502-another-thread-about-windows-update-stuck-downloading-0-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I?ve been trying to download SP1 for months and I just can?t figure this out. I bought three programs to help me with the registry and none helped. Every time I download SP 1 my computer gets stuck on !! 0xc0190036!! 596/98832 (AcGenral.dll) Could anyone help me please?

A:Downloading SP1 - stuck on !! 0xc0190036!! 596/98832 (AcGenral.dll)

Hi mirjam,

Might be worth doing a scan with the free

Malwarebytes.org

Also run the SFC tool and see if that can fix any file system errors.

System Files - SFC Command
Hope it helps

SIW2

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/212992-downloading-sp1-stuck-0xc0190036-596-98832-acgenral-dll.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I downloaded the build 14965. When it download was finoshed then it says that error(in installation) but the downloaded file remains in my mobile in the Temporary File option. What can I do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445635-build-installation-stuck-downloading-start.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This has never happened before but I can't download the latest batch of updates! I've tried downloading one at a time but it makes no difference, just stuck on downloading 0%. I've tried to go into services.msc to switch off windows updates but it says 'stopping' with the options to stop/re-start greyed out.

I've tried the windows trouble shooter which detects problems and then says resolving but again after 20 minutes or so it still says the same thing. Does it take a long time (perhaps I'm being impatient)?

I've run out of time tonight but will try the windows update system readiness tool tomorrow.

In the meantime, does anyone have ideas I could try? As I say, I've never had problems downloading updates before.

LevelBest

A:Latest windows updates stuck on downloading at 0%

You mean, it's searching for updates, takes a while, finds the updates, but when you select to install, it takes forever to download?

If that's the case, how long did you wait for it to start downloading before cancelling?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397423-latest-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-0-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I keep trying to check for updates but it just stays at downloading messages and updates definitions. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I still have the same problems.

A:HP Support Assistant stuck on downloading messages and updat...

I had the same problem this morning when it stuck on the second stage for over two hours then ended itself:  I've just opened the Support Assistant  > Updates which said 'No Update is available' so I clicked on 'Check for Updates'and am just watching the same screen as the top one I posted. After seven minutes it's still on the same stage. HP - you appear to have a problem. I'll see if Tech Support will be interested.      The only way that I could get rid of the HP Support Assistant that had a magnifying glass over it was to restart my PC. I don't know if it's connected but when I logged on just now this window appeared:    I OK'd it and was through to thr home page! 

New Envy 15-AH151saOlder Compaq Presario CQ71-320SA screwed up by Microsoft's free upgrade from Win7 to Win10

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Support-Assistant-stuck-on-downloading-messages-and/td-p/5466816
Relevancy 49.02%

During a busy period, aware that Windows 10 can install itself by a sneaky update and being too busy to check each update that comes my way, I had disabled Windows Update. Only now did I remember to check for updates. I know, dumb.
There are 80 important updates that need to be installed. They all seem okay.

However, they've been downloading for over 90 minutes now, and the progress bar is still stuck at 0%. "Downloading 80 Updates (0 KB Total, 0% Complete)".

I thought these updates might solve my "slow PC issue" (referred to in my other thread), but the inability to download updates, makes me think there might be something seriously wrong with my computer.

Can it still be just a visual issue if nothing has happened after waiting for 90 minutes?
Thanks in advance,
Katarn1
This has been posted twice (?) I don't know how that has happened. Sorry. If you can tell me how to delete it, I will.

A:Downloading Windows Updates, Stuck at 0%; or a False Alarm (?)

You can Shut Down your computer and install updates.
Or you can download the Windows 7 Update Convenience rollup. Microsoft Update Catalog
As for your Slow computer, you did not paste a link to your other post, and your post history does not show anything about a slow computer.
Click on the link in my signature for PC Running Slow? and try those things.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/downloading-windows-updates-stuck-at-0-or-a-false-alarm-1123762.html
Relevancy 49.02%

please help with specify;thanks;Everytime I start windows update it won't download the updates. The bar keeps on running but nothing downloads and the percentage stays at 0%.
Whats wrong? Anything I can do to fix this?

A:Windows update will not download updates - stuck at 0% downloading

Hi shawn What version of Windows are you using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618661/windows-update-will-not-download-updates-stuck-at-0-downloading/
Relevancy 49.02%

Yesterday when I started downloading windows update, only one update could be downloaded i. KB3114431. After that may be there was some sort of problem on the network and I could not download the other updates as my network was down at that time. so I disconnected from network and cancelled the downloads and shut down the computer. It normally installed the downloaded update. after that from today morning I am unable to download any updates. The network is fine, as I can browse the internet normally. But windows update screen keeps stuck at 0%. Though now the shut down button shows the alert icon for update installation as you can see in screenshot. Is there any way to fix it? Thank you.

A:Windows update stuck at downloading updates screen

The problem has been resolved automatically. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599869/windows-update-stuck-at-downloading-updates-screen/
Relevancy 44.29%

hi guys,
im on build 14926 on fast ring on the SP3, I know there is a new build to download but my pc doesn't download it even though it says "downloading"
UPDATE: I fixed it somehow

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/441159-fast-ring-build-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 43%

i just installed win 10 now I am runing win updates but the updates are stuck at 0% please help me fix this thank you

A:windows update stuck downloading windows 10

You need to post a LOT more info in order to help you.
Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact cpu, exact ram, etc, etc, etc. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand and model# If you have a service tag# post that as well.
i just installed win 10Click to expand...

What version?
Was this a clean install of 10 OR an upgrade from win8, 7, etc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-stuck-downloading-windows-10.1171717/
Relevancy 39.99%

I think the "updates freezing" issue has come up in another thread and apologies if it has, but I can't find it momentarily.

The screen shots show what I've been looking at for two days now. Obviously something is amiss with Automatic Update but I dunno what, or what to do about it.

Any advice, help????

Mods, please feel free to move me to the other thread I suspect exists.

Cheers

ausgumbie

A:Windows Updates - Stuck on "Downloading updates 37%" for 2 days!

G'day mate!

Have a look here.

Windows Update stuck downloading updates in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/18005-windows-updates-stuck-downloading-updates-37-2-days.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I am having problems with downloading like zip and installation files When ever I download a installation file like say Quicktime it would be corrupted about - of the time I download it Zip downloading/moving problems and Downloading image files usually have atleast one file that has a quot CRC check failed quot and sometimes if I try to extract that file once again it doesn t give me that message I tried to reinstall WinZip again but it still gives me the problem so don t think it is the programs fault Image problems happen when I try to move Downloading and image downloading/moving problems a picture file to another folder or when I try to save an image less likely to happen but still once in a while Downloading and image downloading/moving problems It seems like the higher the resolution or size of the image the more likely it would happen Also though I am not sure but if it try to move a large number of picture files at once it happens more often though maybe it is just because I am moving more Downloading and image downloading/moving problems picture files Here is an example of what happens when I try to move download a picture file Note it is just a random picture that I downloaded to use as an example The white part on the top of the image is normal it was part of the original image The orginal http img imageshack us img cars yv jpg Some of the images that got quot screwed up quot I move copies of the image at once http img imageshack us img car np jpg http img imageshack us img car cz jpg http img imageshack us img car kj jpg The comp is a Win k but not sure what service pack I am sure it is not service pack though I have an update rollup for service pack So if anyone can offer me some help it would be greatly appreciated since I really don t know what to do nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-and-image-downloading-moving-problems.429163/
Relevancy 37.84%

I'll try to download a file or a flash plugin and they download a little bit and then freeze. I dunno what to do >.<

Relevancy 35.69%

After a power outage weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around minutes and then less and less time after that I was told it was a display issue Stuck classpnp.sys on stuck screen, safe Windows splash on mode and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same I felt like it was temperature related I found my graphics card Radeon was dirty I cleaned it and thought I was back in business Everything was back to normal all I needed to do was update my graphics drivers Once that was done my computer would no longer load past the Windows splash screen I used Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I have access to everything I can use the internet and access all my files This to me says that it is not a hardware issue The fact that when I try to go into safe mode it gets stuck for more than a day on classpnp sys when I finally give up I understand that classpnp sys has Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys loaded but there Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys is something after that that the computer can't load I have Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys seen some people have atipcie sys load after classpnp sys and it makes sense to me that it would be a graphics driver that is causing the issue I need my Windows up and running for school and work projects Any ideas thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys

Hi ,
Follow this tutorial to run SFC /Scannow at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
If you want to run the command from a USB drive follow this tutorial.
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos
And apply it to the first link instead of the ERD (Emergency Repair CD).

Generally a good tutorial to read.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303393-stuck-windows-splash-screen-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Computer gets stuck On the motherboard screen, and when I try to enter the setup when pressing delete it will change screens and say entering setup but will get and will not load the setup. I think I obtained a virus from a torrent and made my computer act like this.

Specs: windows 7 home edition
Ripjaws 4gb ram
Intel core i5
Motherboard : msi p55a-gd55

A:Computer stuck on motherboard loading screen, and stuck in setup.

Wrong forum for malware issues. Please post here: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-stuck-on-motherboard-loading-screen-and-stuck-in-setup-595494.html
Relevancy 35.26%

i went from windows 8 to 10 about a year ago ans now i got this problem... https://youtu.be/-P4mBrUUhto and also sometimes it loads up pc detected a problem restarting for u.. and it just keeps doing that... and then gets stuck tp another black screen...i have this pc for more than 2 years.

A:Pc stuck in hp logo then stuck in black screen and startup r...

Hi, Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive and Memory. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Can you also post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your hp 2000 series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pc-stuck-in-hp-logo-then-stuck-in-black-screen-and-startup/td-p/5778107
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi Guys We have a single outbox- conventional either Outlook stuck 'stuck' Not user here that has problems with stuck outbox messages in outlook Off of only one of his email accounts in his profile Off of only his computer Outlook stuck outbox- Not conventional 'stuck' either There are definitely some patterns of characteristics from the emails though which I would imagine have something to do with the problem They are They almost always include attachments they've always got multiple recipients Outlook stuck outbox- Not conventional 'stuck' either and CC's and they're almost always replies in threads of emails being sent back and forth Clearing out and recreating his profile doesn't help doing the standard quot take off some of the 'RE 's in the subject line quot throw it in drafts and then re-send it copy-and-paste it into a new message altogether some of these randomly help solve problems at total random but of the time they don't work My only workaround that works completely is using a virtual box or logging in through another PC setting up his profile and forwarding the stuck message from the outbox on the alternate computer Now obviously that means it's not our email host and it's not some strange format or character that's universally just not able to send what happens with these messages is that they aren't even looked at they don't even begin to send sometimes attachments would explain a delay as it would take time to send out a big file they're just ignored permanently on his computer I obviously see a solution would be to switch out his desktop but that's kind of like saying quot my hard drive's being slow let's just reformat quot before you even try cleaning it up a little I'm assuming it's down to an application problem within Outlook or something obviously software-based It's so intermittent though and it works normally so often that it doesn't seem like an Outlook re-install would do much good anyway because nothing is permanently broken it does work sometimes Does anyone have any idea what the root of these stuck email problems are Is there anything I can do Thank you

A:Outlook stuck outbox- Not conventional 'stuck' either

Greetings!

I have a bit of experience with Outlook and Exchange, so I have a few questions for you--
Are you running in a Microsoft Exchange environment, and if so, which version?
What antivirus are you running on the affected PC?
Do you have any special spam filtering or virus scanning on the mail server that is specifically for email?

I've seen where certain antivirus products can cause these "stuck" outbox issues. I assume you've tried the basic F9 (send/receive) to try and force the message through as well?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/243796-outlook-stuck-outbox-not-conventional-stuck-either.html
Relevancy 34.83%

My computer automatically updated when I turned it on. It's on the HP logo screen. The update stops at 9% and won't budge for the past 2 days.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Computer-stuck-on-Logo-and-is-updating-but-stuck-at-9/td-p/5650526
Relevancy 34.83%

hey guys im not sure if this is actually a problem with vista or my pc so if im wrong feel free to move this thread so im having lately problems with my pc vista i donu i leave my pc alone for a few minutes and when i get back its Frozen i see whatever was on the screen the moment it gut stuck and i cant move the mouse and the LED at the Front of the PC the one thats on when the computer is quot thinking quot is Switched ON and stays that Stuck, Stuck windows Gets 7 install and Vista on way this started happening a few weeks ago i dont think i installed anything new that might have caused this and one other thing im almost sure its related i tried installing the beta version of windows and in middle of installation it gets stuck the same way i described before i tried different versions of the Windows and a few times each and it gets stuck every time and each time in different progress of the installation please help me thanks MeydanB

A:Vista Gets Stuck, and Stuck on windows 7 install

I'd suggest starting with running a memory test ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial146.html ); then following that with a bootable hard drive diagnostic:

Here's a description from my blog:

Code:
What you'll need:
- a blank CD
- a computer with an internet connection where you can download a file, install a small program, and burn a CD (doesn't have to be the computer that you'll be testing).

1. Determine the make and model of your hard drive

- In Windows XP - Go to Start...Run...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Click on the + sign next to Disk Drives and use Google to search the information listed there)

- In Windows VISTA - Go to Start...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Click on the + sign next to Disk Drives and use Google to search the information listed there

- From outside of Windows: Unplug the system from the wall, remove the battery (if it's a laptop) and crack the case open. Look inside to locate the hard drive and write down the make and model number (although the model number isn't required for the test, it will help you to identify what sort of drive to replace if the test says that the drive is bad).

If you're unable to see the hard drive info, follow the steps below for the Hitachi DFT. At the screen where it asks you if the list is correct, the model number of your drive will be there. Use Google to search for the model and that will let you know the manufacturer.

NOTE: It's strongly recommended that you use the test from the manufacturer of your hard drive. Most manufacturers build in tests that are only for their drives (in addition to the standard S.M.A.R.T. tests) - so using their test will give more accurate results.

2. Locate the support website of the hard drive manufacturer from the following list and download the appropriate file to your computer. FWIW - the first link for each drive usually contains more information/instructions about running the test.

Hitachi - http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm#DFT Download this image for CD's: http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/downloads/dft32_v415_b01.iso

Western Digital - http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?level1=6&lang=en Download the Diag504fCD.iso file on this page: http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=601&sid=30&lang=en

Seagate - http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools Download the Seatools for DOS ISO CD-ROM Image from this link: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools/seatooldreg (English version here: http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/support/seatools/SeaToolsDOS213bEURO.ISO )

Maxtor - Seagate SeaTools has replaced the Maxtor diagnostics. Use the Seagate SeaTools links above.

Toshiba - I'm unable to locate any tools for Toshiba. I'd suggest the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) from above.

Fujitsu - http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/storage/hdd/support/utilities.html Download the DOS Diagnostic Tool Ver. 7.0 (For IDE/ATA/SATA Hard Drives from this link: http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/COMP/fcpa/hdd/utilities/fjdt_700.zip You'll have to copy the file to a DOS boot CD and manually execute the FJDT.exe file once you've booted to DOS. If this is too difficult, use the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) from above.

Samsung - http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/utilities/Support_HUTIL.html Download the Hutil 210 ISO (for CD-ROM drive).zip from here: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/Hutil210_iso_for_CDROM_drive.zip You must unzip the file before you can burn (NOT copy) the ISO image to a CD.

IBM - IBM has merged with Hitachi. Use the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) listed above.

3. If you do not have a disk burning program that's capable of burning ISO images to your CD drive, I suggest this free tool: http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm Select the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-gets-stuck-and-stuck-on-windows-7-install-371589.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Mr.... my lap suddenly stuck after 5 ,10 minutes switch on... after that it doesn't work... so i have to long press power button for machine off...... so what can i do.... thank u.... appreciate ur help..................!

A:stuck suddenly stuck after 5,10 minutes switch on my lap

By far the simplest fix is to use System Restore to roll back Windows to a point in time when everything when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos. Video: Fixing a problem using System Restore​ If that doesn't help, try restoring an earlier system image or backup. No suitable restore point, backup, or image available? Kick yourself -- you missed the easy solution, and you're left with digging through Windows' many settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-suddenly-stuck-after-5-10-minutes-switch-on-my-lap.1123476/
Relevancy 33.11%

this is a many faceted and increasing in facets issue ill try to make it as short as possible doesnt booting work; mode? external which monitor stuck safe stuck mode, in backstory the male side of my video cable connection stuck booting safe mode, which doesnt work; stuck in external monitor mode? the part on the motherboard had bent pins the pins were unbent and the cable was able to fit back in BUT problems the picture was garbled--wrong colors moving lines etc the people at a tech store told me the video cable was pinched and knowing that it had been jammed in the hinge for a while i believed it extremely feasible I finally ordered a new video cable but replaced it and to no avail the picture may have been slightly better--but not significantly if so additionally and im not sure if it was this way the first time as well the computer was displaying at the size of the external i restarted and reazlied that the laptop screen displayed nothing at startup until logged in--exactly like the external i figured that at least a portion of what was going on was the computer was sending the external screen signal to the laptop things i've tried -reseating both ends of the new video cable MANY times -turning the computer off taking out battery holding start button putitng battery back in restarting -every variation of screen resolution external monitor setting -pluggin in the external putting laptop to sleep unpluggnig external -reinstalling video image drivers function key combinations when i tried to put in safe mode via F the screen went blue or light gray and stayed that way without booting so in my infinte wisdom i changed the settings to always restart in safe mode as a last resort before backing up and wiping aaaaand - the same thing happens it doesnt boot and now im unable to select normal mode and boot at all i am on another laptop right now ANY suggestions to help boot and as to why the screen is malfunction would be GREATLY appreciated if it helps it is a Samsung r laptop and emachines external monitor

A:stuck booting safe mode, which doesnt work; stuck in external monitor mode?

i managed to change the safe mode option, unfortunately the laptop screen still isnt working correctly (the external is)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/stuck-booting-safe-mode-which-doesnt-work-stuck-in-external-monitor-mode-598578.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I was asked to give additional info on my problem Emails outbox in emails outlook getting in stuck 2003. stuck Solved: outgoing I am using windows on internet explorer We are connected with at amp t for the internet The computer is a month old Dell Inspiron with i processor I recently had a trojan horse that totally Solved: outgoing emails stuck in outlook 2003. Emails getting stuck in outbox messed up my computer so badly that I brought it to a computer repair shop and had windows reloaded The computer is working fine now Before the trojan horse I was using Office and doing all my emails from outlook When windows was reloaded I uploaded the same Office I configured emails to go to outlook but for the life of me Solved: outgoing emails stuck in outlook 2003. Emails getting stuck in outbox outgoing emails are getting stuck in the outbox I can go over to google gmail and both send and receive emails I just like the outlook setup There is alot of info on the internet on how to change your emails over to outlook I am currently using IMAP I also tried it with POP but no matter what I do outgoing emails go to the outbox I feel the system is configured correctly I get a message that the info I put in is correct I have no problem receiving emails on outlook What can I do to be able to send emails out using outlook I can send an email out on google gmail so I don t have a problem with the internet connection Thanks for your input nbsp

A:Solved: outgoing emails stuck in outlook 2003. Emails getting stuck in outbox

In almost all cases, it's just a matter of the settings not being correct, maybe the SMTP port number is incorrect or authentication needs to be turned on.

Also, if you had messages already waiting in the Outbox before changing any settings, you should delete those and try sending a new message.

Here's the AT&T settings: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570&cv=801&_requestid=334567#fbid=Yg-D7qm9g7_

And the configuration steps: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401573#fbid=Yg-D7qm9g7_
It's pretty close for Outlook 2003.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outgoing-emails-stuck-in-outlook-2003-emails-getting-stuck-in-outbox.1091734/
Relevancy 32.68%

EDIT Should be aswRVRT sys Computer worked fine in the morning Then I turned it off later had windows update then when I came home in the afternoon to open my PC it just didnt work When I try to go to safe mode it just gets stuck at aswRVRT sys If it helps I already ran FRST Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-FK MU P on - - Running from K Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run GamecomSound - C Program Files screen/ "starting stuck Boot menu on at Windows Windows" aswRVRT.exe stuck Plantronics GameCom Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe GameCom exe - - HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- - C Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA updaterstartuputility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run MSC - C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run MsmqIntCert - regsvr s mqrt dll HKLM Run Nvtmru - C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run UMonit - C Windows SysWOW UMonit exe - - HKLM Run RTHDVCPL - C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run ShadowPlay - C windows system rundll exe C windows system nvspcap dll ShadowPlayOnSystemStart HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon - C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run jmekey - C Program Files x jmesoft hotkey exe - - JME HKLM-x Run ModeSwitch - C Program Files Lenovo Power Dial LitModeSwitch exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run CLMLServer - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go CLMLSvc exe - - CyberLink HKLM-x Run UpdateP GoShortCut - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run IdeaNotesUser - C Program Files x DDNI Lenovo Idea Notes DDNIMSGUser exe - - Digital Delivery Networks Inc HKLM-x Run SetDefaultSCR - C Program Files x Lenovo Lenovo Screensaver SetDefaultSCR exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run avast - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe - - AVAST Software HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper - C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run KeePass PreLoad - C Program Files x KeePass Password Safe KeePass exe - - Dominik Reichl HKLM-x Run Aeria Ignite - C Program Files x Aeria Games Ignite aeriaignite exe - - Aeria Games amp Entertainment HKLM-x Run ROCCAT Savu Gaming Mouse - C Program Files x ROCCAT Savu Mouse Savu Monitor exe - - ROCCAT GmbH HKLM-x Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui - C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe - - LogMeIn Inc HKLM-x Run BCSSync - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched - C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run kxesc - c program files x kingsoft kingsoft antiviruskxetray exe -autorun HKU Default RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Default User RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Krystal Run GoogleDriveSync - C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe - - Google HKU Krystal Run S... Read more

A:Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe

Anyone please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512763/windows-stuck-on-starting-windows-screen-boot-menu-stuck-at-aswrvrtexe/
Relevancy 30.96%

Here's a strange one. I have a system that has a "2" key sticking. Nothing strange about that right? Well, it sticks even if I unplug the keyboard..

It also sticks during POST. I'm going to assume this MB is shot, but wondered if anyone else out there had a clue as to what it could be.

Tried Hard boots, cold boots you name it. Hav'nt cleared the BIOS yet but it's on my list.

Relevancy 30.96%

Hi,

I've recently downloaded Windows 10 Preview and i made a bootable on a usb flash drive. Everything was going fine until during installation my pc restarted and now it's stuck on 70 % and says an error that re-insert your disc. The flash drive is already plugged in but i don't know why it says that can anyone plz guide me thanks that would be really grateful.
This is the Windows i am installing: Windows 10 ISO 32 and 64 Bit Free Download | Free Download Best Games and Software

A:Install stuck at stuck on 70 %

alexandru, welcome to tenforums. Follow this tutorial and use the link it provides for the ISO

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-10...l-preview.html

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...n-install.html

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/4522-install-stuck-stuck-70-a.html
Relevancy 27.09%

i been trying to run on my friends the online scan(tredmirco) on his computer, but it would direct me to the scan my computer. i try to turning off all his firewall but it still wouldnt work. Im not able to download any program off from www.download.com or any other sites. it takes along time time to load and after that it wouldn't connect to the site anymore. i notice that he has some trojan and spyware but i remove 95 percent of it. The only spyware he has left is soproc.exe, im at the proccess removing it now. any one know what wrong with the downloading issue for his computer?
his browser is internet explore not firefox
ios-win xp home edition
thanks

A:downloading

It sounds to me that malware has hijacked your hosts file
Follow these 5 steps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-92563.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I have such a fear of downloading. As most of my Time on the computer is sent at work, I have this fear of damaging the Server. So first question . I see so many people giving advice on software to download, what is safe and what isn't example I have been looking at REVO Unistaller does anyone know anything about that, and secondly what about the screen enhancers that change icons or calender maintainence or downloads for microsoft can you deletre after down load does it clutter youu hard drive. Thanks

A:Downloading

Any download carries a risk.
However, you can minimise the risk but making sure you have a decent internet security package which will provide some cover agains virus, spyware and hackers.
If you are in an office you should in truth talk to your network administrator.
With reference to the REVO uninstaller, will the standard program uninstaller not do the job well enough for you?
cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/downloading.84373/
Relevancy 27.09%

Does Anybody No Of A Software Where You Can Download Videos Form Their Urls.

Thanks In Advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/url-downloading-89234.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I just got a new laptop at work, which is running win xp pro. The problem is that I want to use the computer for personal use as well as business and download some other programs. The IT guys have setup the computer so when I try to download any programs I get an error that says that I need system adminstrator rights to install the program.
My question is there anyway around this? Any help would be most appreciated. Right now I am trying to download aol instant messanger.

A:help downloading

try going into your control panel under "user groups" and change the user to administrator

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-downloading.208594/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am new to the site and I am trying to download a program, I found the program but I can not get it to download. Help please

What program are you trying to download?What is or is not happening when you try?Are you getting any error messages and if so, what is the message you get?What browser are you using? Name and version number.What operating system are you using?Anything else we should know?We need more details in order to help you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555850/downloading/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am using Opera for my browserand on DSL. Is it somthing faster to download videos???

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question, but your download speed is governed by the speed of your DSL connection, and the speed of the server your downloading from.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55799/downloading/
Relevancy 27.09%

I did a recovery on my hadr drive, and then had to do a lot of windows updates. In fact it took over 24 hours . Last I had 85 windows updates to install . After 24 hours I was downloading the 85th one, and had to shut down my pc to go to work. My question is , do I loose the 84 that were downloaded and have to start all over again ??

A:win xp downloading

No you shouldn't loose the ones you have downloaded due to the fact it windows update should have saved them to the hard disk. You should be able to continue downloading the last update when you turn on the computer again, then install them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-downloading.651337/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey there, I'm having a problem with downloading. Everytime I download it wants to open the download in my firefox browser even when its something that doesnt need to run in the internet browser. Have I accidentally re-set what it opens with? How can I revert it back if this is the case?

Thank you all!

Tools | Options
FF2Content tab
Click Manage... under File Types
FF3Applications tab

You can see if you have the browser set to open the file types you are downloading

On the General/ Main tab, try setting the Always ask me where to save files option, that might prompt you and you can make a new choice for those file types.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-418905.html
Relevancy 27.09%

hello, if i am, say looking at a page on my book marks (i.e an article about greek history on wikipedia) is that down- loading?

Well, maybe a little. Pages are typically "refreshed" when you go to them. So there is an exchange between your PC and the server on which that Greek history page resides.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198272-downloading.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to download video from an app I got from the app store? The app is "moviefree" and I have win10 on an HP notebook g60-447cl. I have "free download manager" which has a drop box i can drag links to and it also has a flah video download box that pops up when it recognizes a flash video but i cant figure out how to use them outside of my web browser or if I even can. Any input will be appreciated.Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/61311-downloading-app.html
Relevancy 27.09%

HELP!!!!!!
I have been trying to download this Divx progam for the last 3 days.. I get this error:

DIVXPRO502GAINBUNDLE caused an invalid page fault in
module <unknown> at 0000:00000007.
Registers:
EAX=0040ee14 CS=016f EIP=00000007 EFLGS=00010207
EBX=00000000 SS=0177 ESP=0064fa48 EBP=00000000
ECX=000110e7 DS=0177 ESI=00000000 FS=55e7
EDX=0064fcac ES=0177 EDI=000110e7 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
00 16 00 4d 0f 65 04 70 00 65 04 70 00 54 ff 00
Stack dump:
0040193b 0064fcac 000110e7 0040eea4 00000000 0064fba8 0064faa4 00003e6f 00011000 00000008 00401d32 0064fcac 000110e7 0040eea4 00000000 0064fba8

as a matter of fact.. I get this type of error with anything that i am downloading...
One time i got a parameter not correct error
This is the first time that I had this problem...

I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 98
COMPAQ PRESARRIO
4.30 GIG
184 MEGABYTES
PLEASE HELP!!
THANKS

Relevancy 27.09%

what site is a good site to download albums, for free,

To my knowledge you can't download them from websites.. I think you mean P2P..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131365/downloading/
Relevancy 27.09%

hi all ,
am having real problems trying to download absolutly anything, i have tried using both IE and fire fox
when i ask it to download to the recommended place, nothing there is just nothing, when i run a search for what ever it is i am downloading the file is theresome were but says the short cut is missing, please help am so frustated

also i dont seem to be able to downlad exe files any one have any solutions to my problems please

and thank you in advance.

monkey angar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-downloading-help-please.815516/
Relevancy 27.09%

i can' download tsgsysinfo when the download reaches 100%.
here's what pops up at the bottom of the screen.
sysinfo.exe contained a virus and was deleted.

try this one

http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy/download/240b6f58837ed514e11bbc7b5f9f176b/

a lot of people use sysinfo with no problems reported

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading.1076247/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have windows vista, its a computer given to me and cannot download anything at all, but can upload.

Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there.

I have abit of problem regarding downloading anything from an online source. I have print screened my problem and put it below.

It seems whenever I download anything from anywhere this box comes up as usual but then nothing happens. The green blocks keep running across the line within the box but it continues to do this and nothing happens.

I have tried leaving it for some time as some of the files I download are big but even after half an hour it is still the same.

I hope someone can advise me with my problem, its very fustrating as I rely on downloading many attachments from emails for work!

Thanks

I suspect its indicating a possible problem with your internet connection ....have you changed network adapters or routers or modems lately? did it start recently when you made a software or hardware change to your computer or add ons?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-377671.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I run Microsoft XP and use Mozilla as browser. Cannot download PowerPoint email messages. When I click "download" the page disappears and a string of "new tab's" run across the top of page at the rate of over a hundred a minute. Only way I can stop it is deleting page. Then window appears asking me if I want to close all those tabs. Have to go back to "start Mozilla" to continue. Have uninstalled and installed PowerPoint many times to solve problem. Nothing works.

russk21 said:

I run Microsoft XP and use Mozilla as browser. Cannot download PowerPoint email messages. When I click "download" the page disappears and a string of "new tab's" run across the top of page at the rate of over a hundred a minute. Only way I can stop it is deleting page. Then window appears asking me if I want to close all those tabs. Have to go back to "start Mozilla" to continue. Have uninstalled and installed PowerPoint many times to solve problem. Nothing works.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading.1065186/
Relevancy 27.09%

Two things that having bcome very annoying with IE9 downloads:

At first IE 9 did not show the "Menu". After numerous attempts I finally got that fixed. Microsoft really needs to fix that. IT was really stupid not to have the Menu to start with.

How can the option to be notified when downloads are complete be added? This can be a real issue when downloading large files.

I don't have any options to change the download location. I do frequent downloads of small files that I want to go specific locations (rarely the same location). It is a pain having to move files from the default Download folder to where I actually want the file to begin with. If there any way to change where the file will be downloaded to?

Thanks for any help on these issues.

A:Downloading with IE9

1) If you mean the menu bar, its very simple. Just right click anywhere at the top of the IE window, then check menu bar.Menu Bar - Turn On or Off
2) To change download behaviour, click on the Gear icon at the top right in the IE window. Click "View Downloads", in the window that opens click on "Options" blue link at bottom left. You can now change both the default download directory as well as check the option to be notified when the download is complete.http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-location.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/155745-downloading-ie9.html
Relevancy 27.09%

For the past week or so I have been unable to download anything from the web. Does not matter if I elect to save or run. Anyone have an idea or a fix. Running Vista. Thank eddie460

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading.658679/
Relevancy 27.09%

hey their can anyone help me????? i was downloading a .rar file off of firefox and then my computer went in to sleep mode, so the download stopped. then i tried downloading the file again and tried to pause it but when i tried to start it again it said error and wouldn't download again. what do i do? also is their any way to continue a failed download from firefox so you don't have to download it from the beginning

please help

A:.rar downloading

You could resume the download by going to the download link again and start a new new file download then copy the source and paste it in your source of the broken download, thats how I do it !
Try using Internet Download Manager.

If your download provides more connections, then IDM will surely work.

Kind Regards,
Zero-Cool

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rar-downloading.1070230/
Relevancy 27.09%

Good day everyone!

I downloaded Windows Media Player 11 through softpedia.com. I used a different site because I cannot access any Microsoft sites as of the moment... I had the setup downloaded, but the problem is, there is this validation thing that I need to get through, that they need to verify first if my Microsoft Windows is genuine.

And tadah!, they are saying the copy of my Windows is not genuine, and that I may be a victim of software counterfeiting.T__T

What should I do? How can I verify if the copy of my windows is not genuine (but I strongly believe mine is genuine!)? Has this something to do with the way I cannot access Microsoft sites? Is there a way I can go through this?

Help!

Relevancy 27.09%

i'm looking for a site to download movies and music, would like free but want the best (one price - unlimited downloads) site there is.....anyone know of one......

http://www.cinemanow.com/ - legal movie downloads

http://www.real.com/musicstore/?PV=5&PVd=undefined - Legal music downloads

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-102606.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I am trying to download videos only to my e: Drive. Whenever it starts to download it also starts to download to my documents and settings folder. Is there a way to stop this from happening. I don't don't won't all these multiple downloads on my c; drive, theres not enough space.

A:p2p downloading

Please read the community rules before posting

"We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/p2p-downloading.818863/
Relevancy 27.09%

My computer started not allowing downloads. I get a message that the download failed. What can I do about this?

Hi and welcome.
Let us have some Pc specifications.
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading.1046197/
Relevancy 27.09%

How do you down load Xp Pro? Do I purchase disks ?

Relevancy 27.09%

Hi, im currently a student, and thus have access to the uni VPN from my computer.
I was wondering if there was a way of using it so that the volume i was downloading was, as it were 'hidden' from my isp and its limited download service.

I was just thinking about it as i find ISP peak times peer to peer throttling is sometimes relieved by connection to the university VPN.

thanks
Alex

A:VPN and downloading

I think I'm going to close this one. I really doubt your college intends it's network bandwidth to be used for your personal mass downloads. We won't assist in abusing their network in this manner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-and-downloading.887521/
Relevancy 27.09%

Dear Forum,
I am creating a research survey using Access 2002. I would like to send this survey out to a large number of subjects using email. The recipient will complete the survey as an Access Form and then return it to me electronically. What is the easiest way to download the returned survey into a single Access database. It seems that when you save Access data from email attachments, you have to 'Save As' an existing Access database. Is there a way to add a record (sent via email attachment) to a database, rather than saving it as a new database or replacing an old one?
Thanks,
kat

hmmmm... my suggestion would be to create a web site (in asp, .NET, php, etc.) with the surveys and have the survey responses dropped right into your access (or SQL server) database directly.

It seems to me that solution would be more practical than trying to pull together data from a pile of access database responses o your survey.

But that's just my $0.02 worth. Perhaps other have a solution that is more practical to your needs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading.179550/
Relevancy 27.09%

My p.c is on windows vista premium / first id like to say iam a beginer !
I have 2 prob"s ,i have down loaded vidio off my phone , its gone in my documents but when i press play it tells me the photo/vidio gallery can not open this item. And that the picture gallery might need up dateing ?

How is this done ? & should i put vidios in a certin folder .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading.744885/
Relevancy 27.09%

I can't download music files? I'm bit confused how to get it fixed? i use windows xp professional. my broadband is good speed, but i can't download any files via any of the browser, can anyone suggest me with good solution plz!

Hi sagarss, and welcome to TSF.

In order for us to help you, I'm afraid you'll have to be a bit more specific than that. Could you please provide information on your system specs, what music you wish to download, what programs you are using to download it and also your internet company?

If you don't know how to find the info above, just reply and I'll walk you through it.
Thanks.

-HelloMello

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/downloading-598076.html
Relevancy 27.09%

i am trying 2 download things i keep getting this a feature i am trying 2 use is on a network resource that is unavailable what is that suppose 2 mean what can i do help me please

Can you surf the web otherwise without problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading.743597/
Relevancy 27.09%

Here's a question for ya. Everytime I download any type of file from the internet using either mozilla or internet explorer, the file size on the hard drive is zero!
I've even changed the file save location and still the same.
The only thing that works is when I click on download, instead of clicking save, I click open or run.
Any ideas?

Originally Posted by Francis1977

Here's a question for ya. Everytime I download any type of file from the internet using either mozilla or internet explorer, the file size on the hard drive is zero!
I've even changed the file save location and still the same.
The only thing that works is when I click on download, instead of clicking save, I click open or run.
Any ideas?

A couple of things what kind of anti virus and firewalls are you running. second be careful about running, or opening files from web sources.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/244914-downloading.html
Relevancy 27.09%

hmm i just encountered an issue with downloading things, whenever a click a link, it automaticly goes to open with, its really annoying, does anyone know how to fix it?

Relevancy 27.09%

hi

i have an issue relating to downloading.
i have rainmeter installed and have an ip monitor monitoring my upload n download speed.
and am noticing high download figures when im not downloading anything myself?
is there a way to find out what is down loading at any given time.
to determine weather or not it is malicious for instance..

thanks

A:what is downloading and why?

You can use perfmon <-- type it in the start menu, then click the network tab. It'll say it there.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/301434-what-downloading-why.html
Relevancy 27.09%

whenever i try to download an exe the download stops at 99%
but it seems that all other kind of files download fine
please help if you can

A:EXE not downloading

What Browser are you using? (eg) IE, Firefox, Chrome?
Clear the internet Cache 13 Ways to Clear Your Browser's Cache - wikiHow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/exe-not-downloading-731721.html
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi All Very often the network connection icon for my cable modem is on permanently for a while or is flashing - this when I am not knowingly downloading downloading ????? What's sending amp recieving loading requesting a web page on KaZaA refreshing a page etc just doing stuff etc I appreciate that several progs I have use smart updates What's downloading ????? etc and that XP has the auto-update feature but this seems to happen too often for that to be the answer I have McAfee anti-virus software running and have checked that I have the most up-to-date virus definition file and I also regularly run Adaware so I believe my system to be spyware free Is there an easy way to actually find out what is being uploaded to my PC or downloaded from it - either using any of the inbuilt features of XP if there are any or by using some other software that I would need to obtain It would be good to know who is asking for info to be transmitted i e my system or someone elses system Ta in advance nbsp

Relevancy 27.09%

I have just created an ad for a local magazine, which I saved (as requested) as a .tif file. The top half of the ad is black and the bottom half is transparent made in photoshop. The file is too big to email so I uploaded it to some webspace I have but when I go there the whole thing is black. Why would that be? I also see a flash of a quicktime screen before the .tif displays. I need to keep the resolution of the file and they specifically requested that I do not save it as a .jpg or .gif. Any suggestions on why quicktime would show up and why everything is black? Here's the URL if you want to look:

http://www.wickidwear.com/photoshop/renne_roland_ad.tif

A:Downloading .tif

There are dozens of file splitters. The information needed to reassemble the file is in the first section. Split the TIFF into parts small enough to e-mail. This is a good free file splitter: http://www.gdgsoft.com/gsplit/ Have the people who receive it put all the parts in a folder and then click on the first one.

I have no idea why the downloaded image is all black unless you can only access half of it. Your link didnít work for me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downloading-tif.175434/
Relevancy 27.09%

Dear Users, i have a small office with 8 employees,  a couple of days before i bought an mikrotik router board to limit the volume for users. all is going fine just on one computer as i give it 200 mb after a few minutes it got finish. i wana know how
do i know where my download volume got used. O/S is windows 7 and i have done never check for updates......
is there any application which shows you live where your bandwidth is being used ?
thanks

Tahir Mehmood

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2a1d673f-d257-47d5-a542-045f38278977/how-do-i-know-which-app-is-being-used-for-downloading?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 27.09%

Can someone host this downloaded updated on a third-party website so I can avoid WGA.. thanks in advance!!

Download details: Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB929777)

A:Need help downloading

Hi colt22,

Here it is. It's inside the ZIP folder.

Windows6.0-KB929777-v2-x64.zip < Click to Download

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/134082-need-help-downloading.html
Relevancy 27.09%

You are encouraged to update your patch level to SP2 by visiting
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx
to get the benefits of the default firewall and related security changes.

Once SP2 is installed, you can then apply the latest hotfixes to bring your system current.

Remember to perform all updates from your admin login and to access the URL
using the IE browser.

A:FAQ: Downloading XP SP2

Better to order the SP2 disc from Microsoft. It is free, except for shipping. This enables you to avoid corrupted files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faq-downloading-xp-sp2.74435/
Relevancy 27.09%

Since April 9, 2009 I am not able to download anything such as cures for the problem. I've tried to download regcure but it won't !!! I have a dell dimension 2400 with windows XL.........Help!!! Jim PS I've also lost my comcast toolbar(which willnot download) my file,edit,view, favorites,tool, & help buttons.... No Home button either.......

Relevancy 27.09%

macromedia file? Can they be downloaded?

Relevancy 27.09%

Is only a recent occurrance but whenever I open Internet [dial-up] connection, 'something' starts downloading. But I cannot identify the source/application. Once I left until more than 1 GB had downloaded but still could not ID.

I have stopped Windows Auto-Update and closed Norton Firewall on most applications. But downloading continues.

How can I identify the connection/application that is making this download?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-downloading.593309/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello i have a problem i a tryining to install Itunes/quicktime etc. and every time i do it says "another installation is in progress. complete this one before continuing this one." this happens for ever programme/app i try to install

ps i am also not installing anything (i checked)

perhaps an app to cancel all downloads?

any help would be much appreciated

A:Downloading?

Try downloading the installers manually, saving them to your downloads folder or desktop, disconnect from the internet, reboot and re-run the installers.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/242615-downloading.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I'm not sure if I am in the right spot, but does anyone know where is a good place to buy mp3's online?

I recently bought a GPX mp3/wma player, but for whatever reason when I buy songs from Napster(wma's) they come up as an error when trying to play, but there are no problems playing mp3's. The only problem is that I don't know of any legit sites that allow you to download mucis as mp3's.

Or, can wma's be converted to mp3's?

Thanks.

Relevancy 27.09%

hi there

I'm a newbie here. A little nervous abt asking ..... but i guess i just hv to start and then it will feel better.

I want to download mp3 songs onto my mobile phone 64MB MultimediaCard. Can anyone advise which is a well trusted website for doing this pls? I am hopeful too for a free (if not uncostly) site to download from.

Thx

Roxanna

Relevancy 27.09%

Hi! I am having difficulty downloading things such as wallpapers, screensavers, etc. I click on the image, the top task bar will flicker a couple of times and no window pop ups to inform me it is downloading. Nothing happens at all.

Relevancy 27.09%

I have been trying to download a zip file from a web site but it only downloads in a internet explorer folder how can I change that?

I have vista premium 64bit

Thanks

Hello climberman, welcome.

To change the download location in IE, you have to get into the registry.
To do this, enter regedit, and follow this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

Right click on the white region of Regedit's right hand pane, click New, and then click String ValueEnter Download Directory for the name of the new DWORD Value and press Enter. The new value should now appear in Regedit's right-hand column.Right click the new value and choose Modify.Click Modify and set the Value Data field to be the path to the directory you want IE to send downloads, then click OK.
~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/207607-downloading.html
Relevancy 27.09%

I am using cable internet with a wireless router (NOT DIR-615, a netgear one).
From the router settings, I can see which machines are connected, but I cannot see how much they are using the connection resource such as how much they are uploading or downloading.
How can I do that?

Also, I see a device with a static IP. How does this device getting a static IP?

Also, is there any way that I can see which pages are they going to or which files they are downloading?

Thanks.

A:How much they are downloading? What are they downloading?

I don't know of a freeware monitor that will show you what you're looking for.

Let me google that for you

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/171104-how-much-they-downloading-what-they-downloading.html